[Return]
Archived Thread
File 12378266304.jpg - (106.52KB, 640x694, 43c53404a2a4b497462c9f1a2a55e427.jpg) [iqdb]
13255 No. 13255
[x] See who it is. Peek into the room.

You wonder who it is? If it's Marisa, that's nice. If it isn't, that's also nice. New people are fun. You'll just peek inside and see who it is. That way, they won't see you. Quietly, you creep, like a bug. Over to the edge of the door. And then you look around the edge ever so slightly---

---it's Marisa. And Rinnosuke. Marisa is looking sort of towards the door They've got cups in front of them with strange stuff coming out of the top of each. It looks kind of like what comes off of the meat when Mystia puts it on her grill. Whatever is in them is probably hot.

“... huh?”

You duck back around the corner. Marisa saw you, you think. She was looking at you, and then she said 'huh?' like she didn't know what you were.

“'Huh'?,” Rinnosuke asks. You hear a bit of shuffling. “That's rather ominous. What is it?”

“I thought I saw someone,” Marisa says, “You're not hiding any beautiful women here, are you, Kourin?”

“I--- what? No,” He says, sighing, “Is this a joke, or...?”

Marisa laughs, “I really did see someone, I think. Maybe you've got ghosts?”

You hear a noise, like someone sliding something back. “I'll go check it out. It'd be bad if people were stealing my stock while I'm not watching.”

“Most of it's junk, anyway,” Marisa says, laughing.

“Like you're one to talk.”

Another sliding sound. “I'll come, too. You might need my help.”

You hear footsteps. They're getting closer to the exit to the room.

[ ] Try to hide.
[ ] Try to leave.
[ ] Stay where you are.
>> No. 13257
[x] Try to hide.

Moar sneakan gamez
>> No. 13258
[x] Try to hide.
>> No. 13259
[X] Try to hide.

Hide and seek, yay~!
>> No. 13260
[x] Try to hide.
>> No. 13262
[x] Try to hide.
>> No. 13263
[x] Stay where you are.
>> No. 13264
[X] Surprise them.
Phobe going "GAO!"
>> No. 13265
[ ] Stay where you are.
>> No. 13267
>Phobe going "GAO!"

SPARK END

[X] Stay where you are.
>> No. 13269
[x] Try to hide.

play hide-and-seek!
>> No. 13270
[X] Hide.

Hide or do not hide, there is no try.
>> No. 13271
[ ] Stay where you are.

You are furniture.
>> No. 13272
>>13271

But that would imply that Phobe was useful for something.

... What?
>> No. 13274
[X] Surprise them.
Phobe going "GAO!"

This would be fun
>> No. 13275
[ze] Stay where you are.

Shameless~
>> No. 13276
[ ] Stay where you are.

doesnt afraid of anything
>> No. 13277
Soon we'll get mastersparked moe.
>> No. 13280
[ ] Stay where you are.

Rock, hard place, etc
>> No. 13281
{X} Stay where you are.
>> No. 13282
[x] Hide. And fail at it. Badly.

Imagine Rinnosuke and Marisa opening a door to find Phobe balled up in the corner, covering her eyes with her hands to render herself invisible.
>> No. 13285
[x] Stay where you are.

Well, you did come here to look for Rinnosuke. So if he's looking for you, that's a double win, right? You'll just stand here until he looks around that doorway and sees you. Although, you wonder why Marisa is here? Maybe she gets questions, too.

“Really, I shouldn't need your help,” Rinnosuke says, peeking out of the room in the wrong direction. His head's turning, though. “I may not look like it, but I--- oh.”

He doesn't look that happy. Maybe something bad happened? Either way, he steps out into the hall

“Hi,” You say, smiling, “I'm back.”

“'Oh'? What does that---”

Marisa, too, pokes her head out. “Hmm, looks like you've got a youkai problem, Kourin,” She says, rubbing her chin. Then, she reaches into her dress for something... no, probably that thing from yesterday. “I'll take care of it for you in a flash!”

This is dangerous. Should you run? There's no room to dodge in here. You should. But which way? At her, and hope to get by before she fires? Away, and outside, where there's more room?

“No, you won't,” Rinnosuke says, raising up a hand in front of here. He sighs. “Not in here, and not with that.”

“Haha, I was just kidding,” She says, shoving that thing back out of sight. There's a huge grin on her face, so you think she wasn't lying. “You're too easy sometimes.”

“With you, something like that is never a joke.”

Marisa just grins even wider.

“Well, I guess I did bring this on myself.” The storekeep says, pushing the glass things on his face up. “Phobe, was it?”

You nod.

“I'm eating at the moment, so if you'd come back in a few---”

“There's plenty of rice,” Marisa says, “Although it's kind of bland since I couldn't find anything to go on it. Tea, too. Want some?”

Rinnosuke mumbles a little. “It's not yours to offer, you know...”

Marisa ignores him. “Well? How 'bout it?”

[ ] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.
[ ] You're not that hungry. Come back later.
[ ] You're not that hungry, but sit with them anyway.
>> No. 13288
[ ] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.

Freeloadan gaems
>> No. 13289
[ ] You're not that hungry. Come back later.

Let Kourin have some time with Marisa.
>> No. 13292
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.

Trying new things.
>> No. 13293
[X] You're not that hungry. Spy on them.

So we can learn something about socializing... and imitate.
>> No. 13294
[X] You're not that hungry. Come back later.

Hate to be a mood dragger.
>> No. 13295
[X] You're not that hungry. Come back later.
>> No. 13297
[x]Is it food? Yaaay
>> No. 13298
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.
>> No. 13299
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.
>> No. 13300
[X] You're not that hungry. Tell them you'll come back later.
[X] Then spy on them.
[X] Badly.
>> No. 13301
[x] You're not that hungry, but sit with them anyway.
>> No. 13303
[x] No thanks. But you would like to talk.
[x] What is rice and tea? How is it made? Is it any good?
>> No. 13304
[X] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.

Do want Phobe with a little grain of rice stuck to her cheek.
>> No. 13305
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.

Don't be such a stick-in-the-mud, Phobe. Try new things.
>> No. 13306
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.
>> No. 13307
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.
>> No. 13308
[ ] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.
>> No. 13309
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.

Gotta tell them how tasty little boys are.
>> No. 13311
[x] Rice? Tea? Sounds tasty.

Was the smoking stuff rice, or tea? And where was the other one?

“It's food, right?” You ask.

Marisa nods. “Right. You hungry?”

You nod, too. You're not full anymore. And all the food you eat tastes really good... well, except that stuff Mystia gave you the first time you met her. You wonder what this stuff will taste like?

“Maybe I should start locking my doors? It's not like I get real customers, anyway...”

Marisa motions for you to follow her, into that room, so you do. Rinnosuke comes in behind you.

“Rice is on the counter,” She says, sitting back where she was before. “And the bowls are in that cupboard.”

Rinnosuke, too, takes a seat. He has a bowl in front of him that you didn't see before, one with a bit of white stuff in it. There's also some paper with funny stuff all over it. Kind of like the stuff on the sign outside the store.

“What's that?” You ask, pointing to it. And, while you're at it, you point to one of the smoking cups. “And that?”

“Oh man, you've never seen rice?” Marisa asks. “Seriously? I mean, I can understand the danmaku thing, but...”

“You've met?” Rinnosuke asks, looking up from the table.

“Yeah, she's the one I was telling you about, Kourin,” Marisa says. Kourin? He's Rinnosuke. Maybe she's confused. “Why?”

“I see the resemblance now,” He says, shrugging. “Anyway, this is tea. And that's rice.”

“Oh,” You say, looking at them. Making your way over to the counter, you see a big bowl sitting on it. You can barely reach it, though. And the place with the bowls is out of reach, even if you stretch. He put his in a small bowl, but maybe you could just use the big one? You reach your hand inside, and---

“Marisa, if you're going to invite her to eat my food, at least make sure she does it right.”

You turn around to find him looking at you kind of meanly. What did you do?

“Shouldn't you serve the guest, though?” She asks.

He doesn't say anything.

“Oh, fine, fine. You're no fun.”

Marisa stands up, and heads over to you. She seems to know what she's doing; she gets a bowl and some weird shiny thing with points without even searching for them. She scoops the rice into the bowl, and hands it to you.

“Here,” She says, handing it to you. You reach out to grab it, but she quickly pulls it away. “You owe me something, though.”

“You know, I'm not even going to bother,” You hear Rinnosuke mumble from his spot on the table. “I'll just read this, and ignore it...”

Marisa continues to look at you. “You do remember, right? Danmaku? Or are you one of those bird-brained youkai?”

You nod. “I figured out how to do it last night.”

She hands you the bowl and shiny thing. “Great! Eat up. You'll need your strength to stand a chance against me.”

You... think you know what she means. She's asking to play after you eat. Her way of talking is kind of confusing though, so you're not exactly sure.

“Beating up on the locals, Marisa?” Rinnosuke asks.

“Danmaku's more like a proper greeting,” She says, heading back to the table. “Is there anything interesting in that?”

“Not really,” He says, taking a sip of the tea stuff.

With the bowl of rice and the shiny metal thing in hand, you go to the other open seat at the table and sit down. It's not that comfortable, since it has a back part to it that Mystia's don't have. And the rice is confusing. Why can't you just eat it out of the bowl? Why does it have to go into a smaller bowl? And what's the pointy metal thing for?

[ ] Use your hands. It's the only way that makes sense.
[ ] Ask what they're for.
[ ] You don't need help; figure it out on your own.
>> No. 13312
[ ] You don't need help; figure it out on your own.

[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13313
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13314
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13315
[ ] Use your hands. It's the only way that makes sense.

C'mon, it will be fun and cute~
>> No. 13316
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13317
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13318
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13319
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13320
[x] Face first.
>> No. 13321
[x] Copy what Marisa does.

LEARNING
>> No. 13325
[x] Copy what Marisa does.

I'm imagining a confused-looking Phobe looking back and forth between her fork and bowl with a worried frown.

>“Danmaku's more like a proper greeting,”

DANMAKU BARRAGE
It's like saying "Hello" in Gensokyo.
>> No. 13326
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13327
{X} Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13329
[x] Copy what Marisa does.
>> No. 13331
[x] Copy what Marisa does.

You've got no idea, since it doesn't look like anyone is going to explain. Marisa had a bowl, too, didn't she? So if you look over you should be able to see what's going on.

… so, that's how you do it. Take the two wooden sticks and put them in your hand like that, and---

Wait. Where's the metal thing? She doesn't have one. And you don't have any sticks. Rinnosuke, too, is using the sticks to get the rice out of the bowl. You can't do it like that, because even if you use the not pointy end of the metal thing you only have one of them.

You frown a little. Well, maybe you... no, that won't work. Or that. Maybe she gave you the wrong thing?

“It's a fork,” Rinnosuke says, not looking up from his paper. “You use it to scoop the rice out.”

“Haha, yeah, sorry about that,” Marisa says, “I didn't think you'd know how to use chopsticks. It'd be funny to see you make a huge mess, but I think Kourin really would kick me out if I did that.”

So confusing. “Chopsticks?”

She clicks the two sticks together in her hands. “Yeah. These.”

You nod. So, you just have to scoop it out. You grab the fork, getting a firm grip on it with your hand, and push it into the top of the rice. Not too far, though; you don't want to much. Then you move the end you're holding down, towards the table. The top part of the rice ends up sitting on top of the points of the fork.

Then, it goes into your mouth, right? You move it over and stick it inside, closing your lips to keep the rice from going out too when you pull the fork out. Then you chew.

… it's kind of tasteless. Like water, but solid. Well, not exactly. There's a little taste, but it's really small.

Marisa starts talking about things while you eat. Talking about things you don't know, so you don't pay too much attention. People, too. You hear Reimu a few times, but other than that... well, they're probably other people. Something about a spell, and dolls. A village. It all sounds really fun, by the way she's talking. Rinnosuke keeps nodding, but you don't think he's really paying attention.

Rice. Then comes the tea, and more Marisa talk. This one you know how to use right, since it's just flavored water. You just sip out of the cup. It's pretty warm, but not that hot. And also kind of boring. Better than normal water, though.

“... and then I guess I fell asleep at my desk,” She says, laughing. “Pretty cool day, huh?”

Rinnosuke shrugs. “It sounded pretty ordinary.”

Marisa thinks for a moment. “Hmm. Maybe it was, but... oh! Haha, I almost forgot.”

“Forgot?”

“Yeah,” Marisa says, “That's why I came today. I found something yesterday that I think you might want. I think it's from the outside.”

“Oh?” He asks, looking up from his paper. “Did you bring it?”

“Nah,” She says, stuffing the last bit of rice into her mouth, “s'was too big, so I just left it there.”

“Well,” Rinnosuke says, taking his now-empty bowl and cup over to the counter, “I guess I should check it out, then. Earlier would be best, before the customers come.”

Marisa laughs. “Customers?”

“...well, I can always hope.”

“Oh, hey, I almost forgot about you,” Marisa says, “You're pretty quiet.”

What do you say to that? You don't know, so you just smile.

“Anyway, you'll have to come back later,” Rinnosuke says, looking at you. “This could be more important.”

[ ] It shouldn't take long to answer your questions, though, should it?
[ ] You can come back later. Go explore (write-in).
[ ] You want to go, too. It sounds cool!
>> No. 13332
[ ] You can come back later. Go explore. (Bamboo Forest nearby.)
>> No. 13333
[X] You want to go, too. It sounds cool!

"It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"

Then Phobe makes a big gesture by throwing her arms out as faaaar as she can!
>> No. 13334
[x] You can come back later. Go explore. (Bamboo Forest nearby.)
>> No. 13335
[ ] You can come back later. Go explore. (Bamboo Forest nearby.)
>> No. 13338
>>13333

HNNNNNG.

[X] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"
>> No. 13339
[x] You can come back later. Go explore. (Bamboo Forest nearby.)
>> No. 13341
[x] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"
>> No. 13342
[x] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"
>> No. 13344
[ ] You want to go, too. It sounds cool!
>> No. 13345
[x] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"

threesome
>> No. 13346
[X] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"
>> No. 13348
>>13346
changing my vote to this. Phobe could learn a thing or two from Marisa.
>> No. 13353
[X] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"
>> No. 13354
[x] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"

hooray!
>> No. 13357
[X] "It... it sounds all... big! Big and cool!"
>> No. 13364
Sorry. No update today due to real life things. I'll get one in tomorrow.
>> No. 13367
>>13364

hooray!
>> No. 13372
[x] You want to go, too. It sounds cool!
>> No. 13379
[x] You want to go, too. It sounds cool!

“Could be?” Marisa asks, “It's taller than you, and it's all shiny and heavy. It has to be important.”

“Can I go?” You ask. The way she talks... it has to be something really good. “It sounds really cool!”

“It sure is! You'll have to keep up with me, though, 'cause I hate slowing down.”

They start to leave the building, so you follow. “So, you expect me to ride that.” Rinnosuke says, sighing. “Couldn't you slow down?”

Marisa laughs. “Nope. It's the only way I fly.”

Outside, you see what he was talking about. It's that broom. But, why would Rinnosuke need to ride that? Can't he just go on his own? She's fast, sure, but if you see where she's going, you can just follow her to there.

“...could we at least go above the trees?”

“Then I wouldn't know where I was going, though,” Marisa says, shaking her head.

“...there's no way around this.”

Marisa nods. By this time, you're all outside. She takes her broom from it's spot, leaning against the side of the building. You didn't even notice it when you came in, since it's next to another one. The broom begins to float, and Marisa gets on.

“It's boring if you don't keep trying, though,” Marisa says, laughing. “Anyway, you ready?”

Rinnosuke sighs, and gets on the back of the broom. It looks like it's a tight fit, since the broom isn't all that long, but he manages.

“And away we gooooo~!”

Faster than the fastest animal you've seen, Marisa takes off into the forest. You follow. She's really fast. Faster than you, but not so much that you lose her. At least, not right away. Flying through the trees like this is almost like playing danmaku; if the trees were glowing, it would be almost exact.

She's getting away, though. You'll lose her if she goes on like this. What can you do? There has to be something...

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 13380
[x]shout "Marco" every so often
>> No. 13387
[x] Shoot danmaku to slow her down and destroy the trees in the way"

Obligatory bad idea. Do not vote for it.
>> No. 13388
[X] Get side-tracked, spot a pretty butterfly or something and just fly away
>> No. 13389
[x] Fly above the trees.

Logical choice.
>> No. 13391
[x] Fly over the treetops.
[x] Try and propel yourself with danmaku.
[x] If that doesn't work, then ground yourself. You're better at running than flying anyway, right?
>> No. 13398
[x] Fly over the treetops.

Indeed, the logical choice. After all, we don't need landmarks-- we just need to follow Marisa, who can be seen more easily from higher up (assuming the tree cover isn't 100%.) Plus, the fact that we don't have to maneuver around the trunks should make up for our lack of speed.

>>[ ] Try and propel yourself with danmaku.
Nevermind that the physics of danmaku-propulsion make no sense...

>>[ ] If that doesn't work, then ground yourself. You're better at running than flying anyway, right?
Uh... are we? Anyway, there's still the matter of the trees making the path harder to follow...
>> No. 13401
[x] Stop floating and run already.
>> No. 13406
[x] Fly over the treetops.
>> No. 13407
>>13387

DOUJIIIIIIIN!!
Fuck you and your reverse psychology!
[x] Shoot danmaku to slow her down and destroy the trees in the way"

God dammit...
>> No. 13408
[x] Fly above the trees.
>> No. 13411
[ze] Fly over the treetops.

>>13391
THRUST IS HERE!
>> No. 13425
[X] Fly over the treetops.
>> No. 13426
[x] Fly over the treetops.

Left, right... these trees are kind of hard to deal with. You're constantly moving in one direction or the other, and not always straight. So maybe...

You rise out of the forest, heading along the top of the trees. You can go straight this way, since there are no trees. But... it's really hard to see Marisa. Up here, you're moving at about the same speed as her. You see her every once in a while, through the blurry green leaves passing by beneath you.

And then, suddenly, you don't. Did she turn? Maybe she slowed down? Ran into a tree and stopped?

You go back down below the trees for a second, trying to find her. She didn't slow down, and she... oh! She turned. You get back above the trees and follow after her. She got pretty far ahead doing that, so you hope it doesn't happen a lot.

She turns twice more, and you barely manage to catch which direction she went each time. The first one was in a clearing, though, so you managed to gain a little bit of ground since you could see where she turned without having to go down. You wonder what a house is doing in the middle of the forest, though? Well, maybe you'll check it out later.

Eventually, you lose her again, but when you go back below the trees, she's not flying anymore. Instead, she's on the ground with Rinnosuke, and they're looking at something. You land, and run over to them.

The thing they're looking at is really strange. It's shiny, and red, and shaped kind of like a box... except that you can see through some parts of it, and there's circles on each corner. Inside, it's grey and black, with lots of little boxes and things sticking out of one side. A circle, too. And a bunch of orange needles pointing at writing. The front part is kind of crinkled up, though, and pushed against a tree.

“...so then I noticed this thing, just sitting here,” Marisa says, “What's it for? Is it some kind of cool outside world weapon, or--- oh!”

Marisa turns to you. “Hey, that's not bad! I'm the fastest in Gensokyo, you know.”

“It's a car,” He says, smiling. “I never thought I'd see one in person. It's not often that something this big slips through.”

You watch as he goes over to the side and tears it open, grabbing on to a little part that's sticking out of the side. You get closer

“Whoa!” Marisa says, getting closer as well. “You didn't break it, did you?”

“No,” He says, sitting inside. “Humans use it to get around in the outside world. I don't think it's a weapon, but lots of people get killed by them every year.”

“Really?” Marisa asks, “It's not going to attack, is it?”

“No,” He says, messing with a few levers on the thing. “It's usually an accident when it happens. I guess they can be hard to control, while moving.”

“Oooh, can you make it move?” She asks, getting even closer. “I want to see it move!”

“I'm trying,” He says, looking around the inside. “It might be broken, though. Let's see...”

You watch for a while, while he tries a lot of different boxes and things inside. Some of them push in, while some of them slide from side to side. The pictures are strange, and you don't know what they mean. Why is there an arrow pointing at the man's face? And then, one slide over, his feet?

Then, there's a click. The back of the box opens up after Rinnosuke pulls a lever.

“Oh? What was that?”

“The back part is open,” Marisa says, going around to take a look. “There's nothing in it, though. Just another one of those weird wheels.”

“Hmm,” He says, leaning back in the chair. He reaches a hand forward, and sticks it on the circle. “I wonder...”

You jump. There's a really loud noise, louder than anything you've ever heard before. What was that? Is it working? Even Rinnosuke looks surprised, sitting up quickly after taking his hand off of the circle.

“Ah, geez,” Marisa says, coming back around to the front while rubbing her head, “What'd you do?”

“Pushed down on this,” He says, doing it again. This time the noise is really short, since he only does it lightly. “Hmm. I wonder why they need that? Maybe it's to used as a signal.”

“'Hey, get out of my way!',” Marisa yells, reaching in to hit the circle. “Hahaha, like that?”

“Somehow, I doubt it...”
You watch for a while. He keeps trying things, with Marisa trying things too. Different combinations of squares. None of them really do anything, but the one on the ceiling turns the light on and off.

“I give up,” Rinnosuke says, getting out. “I think it's broken.”

“It's still really cool, though,” Marisa says, looking under the now open front part of the box. You have to agree; there's lots of tubes and metal and wavy things inside. Even though you don't know what it does, it looks really interesting.

“I wonder how I'm going to get this back...”

“Yeah,” Marisa says, “It's really heavy. I tried to move it earlier, but it didn't work.”

“Maybe I can pay someone from the village to do it,” He says, sighing. “I'd hate to leave it here.”

Is it really that heavy? You go over and try to move it, and... well, you can lift one corner a little off the ground. Maybe for a human, or a half human, and even for you, but you think that if you had a bunch of youkai you could move it.

“Well, that's that, I guess. As much as I don't want to ask, could you give me a ride back?” He asks, turning to Marisa. “Above the trees, if you could. I think I'm still sick...”

“Oh, sure,” Marisa says, “But first, how 'bout my payment?”

He sighs, and then pauses. “...I can knock a little off of your tab, I suppose.”

“Great! And, the charge for transportation...”

“Don't push it.”

Marisa laughs, and her broom starts to float. She gets on.

[ ] Ask if he wants you to try and get it moved. You want payment, too.
[ ] You want to stay and look at this thing a little longer.
[ ] Go exploring around (write-in).
[ ] Follow them, so you can get your three questions.
>> No. 13428
[x] Follow them, so you can get your three questions.
>> No. 13429
{X} Follow them, so you can get your three questions.
>> No. 13430
[x] Follow them, so you can get your three questions.
>> No. 13431
Do you think someone was in the car when it came through? I mean, it crashed, right?

...

...

...if we find the owner, he'll have the keys.
>> No. 13432
>>13431
If we find the owner, the options will be something like
[]Play
[]Eat
>> No. 13433
[x] You want to stay and look at this thing a little longer.

I can already tell. Phobe will find the spare under the mat or in the glove-compartment, and shove it in ignition.
>> No. 13434
File 123829719776.jpg - (59.05KB, 427x432, Aya4.jpg) [iqdb]
13434
>>“Hey, that's not bad! I'm the fastest in Gensokyo, you know.”

... Not amused.
>> No. 13435
[X] Ask if he wants you to try and get it moved. You want payment, too.

Maybe we can get the other youkai to help move it for him? Certainly would be more effective than asking the humans to do so.
>> No. 13436
[X] You want to stay and look at this thing a little longer.
>> No. 13437
[x] Ask if he wants you to try and get it moved. You want payment, too.

we have something they do not: infinite patience.
>> No. 13438
[x] Ask if he wants you to try and get it moved. You want payment, too.
>> No. 13440
[X] Ask if he wants you to try and get it moved. You want payment, too.
>> No. 13441
[x] Ask if he wants you to try and get it moved. You want payment, too.

Rinnosuke goes to get on the broom.

“If I got a bunch of youkai,” You say, causing him to stop, “I think we can move it. Want us to?”

But... they keep talking about payment. There's a lot of cool stuff in Rinnosuke's shop. If you did something like this...

“Could I get payment, too?” You ask, trying your best to mimic Marisa's tone of voice. “'Cause it's a hard job.”

“She's learning,” Marisa says, laughing, “That would probably be better, though, wouldn't it? It would be hard for humans to get this out of here.”

Rinnosuke sighs, not saying anything for a bit. “I wish she was easier to find, but...” He turns to you. “I guess that will work. Don't break it any more, ok? And, if it's not there in a few days, I'll have someone else do it. Deal?”

You nod.

[ ] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!
[ ] You can get it moved later. Go exploring around (write-in).
[ ] Follow them, so you can get your questions.
>> No. 13442
{X} Follow them, so you can get your questions.

Delicious questions.
Must have.
>> No. 13443
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!

Strong lolis, damn.
>> No. 13444
[x] Follow them, so you can get your questions.
>> No. 13445
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!

We can get our questions in after we make the delivery.
>> No. 13447
[x] Follow them, so you can get your questions.
>> No. 13448
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!
>> No. 13449
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!

When Phobe has a job to do, she'll do it as soon as possible!
>> No. 13450
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moved as soon as possible!
>> No. 13452
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!

Here comes our hat!
>> No. 13453
>>Here comes our hat!

Oh, god, yes!

[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!
>> No. 13454
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moved as soon as possible!
>> No. 13456
[X] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!
>> No. 13458
[ze] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moved as soon as possible!
>> No. 13459
[x] Try to find Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia. You'll get this moves as soon as possible!

“That's that, then,” Rinnosuke says, getting on the broom.

Marisa turns around and waves. “We'll danmaku some other time, ok?”

You nod, and wave back. “Bye!”

They both leave, Rinnosuke holding tightly on to the broom. You forgot to ask him why he doesn't just fly, but that's fine. You can ask later. Now, if you're going to get this moved, you need to find as many people to help as you can. Wriggle, Mystia, and Rumia... maybe they know other people, too. And since you're all moving it, you'll all get payment, right?

You have to find them first, though, and that might be hard. The forest is pretty big, and you don't even know where to start looking. Well, maybe...

[ ] Wander around, see if you run into any of them.
[ ] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
[ ] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
>> No. 13460
[X] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
>> No. 13461
[x] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?

Start with the known.
>> No. 13462
[X] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
>> No. 13463
[x] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
>> No. 13464
[X] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
Mystia is cool.
>> No. 13466
[x] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?

We can ask Mystia to call lesser youkai and move the car.
>> No. 13470
[x] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
>> No. 13471
[x] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
>> No. 13476
[x] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?
>> No. 13481
[x] Wander around, see if you run into any of them.

We've been harassing Mystia too much, and I feel about her being susceptible to Phoebe's power.
>> No. 13482
[x] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
>> No. 13489
[x] Wander around, see if you run into any of them.
>> No. 13504
[x] Try to find Mystia. She owns that stand, so maybe she's around there?

...maybe Mystia is around her stand. That makes sense, doesn't it? She owns it, so she could be there doing something. She might not be, like she was yesterday, but it's a good place to start. It's pretty far from here, too, you realize, so you should get running.

This part of the forest is a lot like the rest, lots of trees and roots and sometimes soft ground. You come across a stream, too, that you get a drink from before going on. There's some other youkai that you see along the way; a few dogs, and one dancing mushroom. They don't seem to like you though, and stay away, so you leave them alone. They probably won't help.

After a while, you make it to Mystia's stand. It's really quiet, and you can't see anyone moving around or inside of it.

“Hello?” You call out, looking around. It doesn't look like she's at the stand, but... no, it doesn't look like she's out in the forest, either.

[ ] Maybe she went somewhere? Wait around for her.
[ ] Wander around, see if you run into her. Or anyone else, for that matter.
[ ] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
>> No. 13506
[X] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
>> No. 13507
[X] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
>> No. 13508
[x] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
>> No. 13512
[ ] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
>> No. 13513
[x] Wander around, see if you run into her. Or anyone else, for that matter.
>> No. 13514
[X] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?
Wriggle will like it when we get something done.
>> No. 13526
[x] Go to the root den. Wriggle said it was in her part of the forest, right?

Not here, not here... well, you could wait for her, but...

Maybe you could try to find Wriggle, instead? She did say that the root den was in her part of the forest. So, maybe she's there. It wouldn't hurt to look, right?

You make it there in very little time. It's not that far away; not like the car thing was. You see the den, and look around... but no Wriggle.

Still, you didn't think she'd just be standing around. Maybe calling out would help.

“Wriggle, are you here?”

You look around, and then feel something crawl across your foot. Looking down, it's a spider, and it's kind of big. Bigger than a normal bug, or a normal spider, but it could still fit in your hand. You wonder what it could want? It's looking up at you with lots of spider eyes, so you bend down to get a closer look.

“Hi,” You say, moving your head down to get a closer look. It's kind of cute. It looks up at you, and doesn't move. “What do you want?”

The spider moves it's front leg straight out, sets it down, and then moves along the forest in the direction that it's leg was pointing. Over the leaves and over the grass, off into the forest.

[ ] Follow it.
[ ] It's just a spider, ignore it.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 13527
[x] Follow it.
>> No. 13528
{X} Follow it.

Spider moe~
>> No. 13529
[x] Follow it.
>> No. 13530
[x] Follow it.

I hate spiders. But hey, it's a story. This could lead to something awesome
>> No. 13531
[x] Follow it.
>> No. 13532
[x] Follow it.

Obvious choice.
>> No. 13536
[X] It's just a spider, ignore it.

Oblivious choice.
>> No. 13537
[x] Follow it.

When a spider tells you to do something, you do it.
>> No. 13538
[x] Follow it.
>> No. 13539
[x] Follow it.

D'awwww
>> No. 13540
[X] Follow it
[X] Place spider on your shoulder
>> No. 13541
...Beer Spider? Is that you??
>> No. 13542
[X] Follow it.
>> No. 13543
[x] Follow it.
>> No. 13545
[ze] Follow it.
>> No. 13546
File 123866617637.jpg - (410.28KB, 1806x1200, d'awwww spider.jpg) [iqdb]
13546
[X] Follow it.
Who could say 'no' to that face?
>> No. 13554
http://www.touhouproject.com/th/res/77265.html#82427
>> No. 13555
>>13554
Fuck yes.
===============================================
[x] Follow it.

It must want you to follow. That's why it got your attention and pointed, right? So, why wouldn't you? You give chase.

It's really fast for something so small. Hard to see, too, because it's the same color as the ground and the crunchy leaves. You're still bigger and faster, though, so you can keep up. You wonder where it's running to?

Left, right, left... and then, you see something. A really, really big tree. It looks like it's dead, but it's still standing. A tree big enough for you to fit inside three times, or maybe four times, side by side. The spider stops, looks at you, and then keeps moving towards the tree.

You kind of feel like you shouldn't go closer. Almost like the tree is whispering “go away, go away”. At least, that's what it's saying in your mind. But, it's not really talking. And the spider wants you to follow, so you do.

When you get closer, you can see that the entire bottom is hollow. The roots are sticking out into the earth, like a spider, but theres a big circle under it where there's no dirt. You could probably go under it and be able to stand up, even.

The spider looks once more, stopping on top of a blade of grass by the hole. It holds up it's front two legs at you, as high as it can. You wish it was easier to see what it was saying, but it doesn't really have a face. Then, it puts them down and goes on the underside of a root, heading towards the big part of the tree.

[ ] Follow it.
[ ] Wait here.
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 13556
[ ] Wait here.
>> No. 13557
[X] Wait here.
>> No. 13561
[x] Wait here.
>> No. 13562
[X] Follow it.
>> No. 13563
[x] "HELLOOOOOOooooooo...?"

I'm not gonna lie. This scene has me tense.
>> No. 13564
[X] Wait here.

Adorable.
>> No. 13566
{X} Wait here.
>> No. 13567
{X} Wait here.
>> No. 13568
[X] Wait here.
>> No. 13569
[ ] Wait here.
>> No. 13571
[ ] Wait here.

If it wanted us to keep following it, it wouldn't have stopped and given us a signal.
>> No. 13572
[ ] Wait here.
>> No. 13573
It seems to me that the spider is saying "In here"
[X] Follow it.
>> No. 13575
[ze] Wait here.
>> No. 13583
[x] Wait here.

It wants you to wait, right? Wait here, for... something. Whatever it's doing. That has to be what it meant. So, you will. You take a seat on the grass and start to listen to the forest, waiting.

And waiting, and waiting. The tree is kind of interesting to look at, though. 16 branches, and they're all really close to the top. Most of the bark is not attached to the tree any more; it hangs off in strips, swaying a bit in the breeze. And, if you look really close, you can see little lines running through the bare wood. At least on the bottom. Like little streams going along it, into it, and around it.

...why is the spider taking so long? This is starting to get a little boring. You think it'd be out by---

“Hey.”

Oh? From inside the hole, there's a noise. You lean over to see what it is. Wriggle? You think so. It sounds like her, and you can see that green hair. The spider comes back out, too, along the root. It looks at you, raises it's front arm, and then skitters away. You wave to it.

Wriggle lets out one of those yawns, “Come in, it's bright out there.”

You nod, and climb over the edge of the hole. It's kind of damp inside, like your root den only more. The underground part is pretty big, bigger than Mystia's stand, and it leads up into the tree, too. You couldn't tell from the outside, but it's hollow. And... well, it's hard to see. It might be bright outside, but it's dark in here.

She yawns again. “This better be important.” Her voice doesn't sound angry or anything, just a little... annoyed. “It's way too early to be up. Alfred seemed to think so, but he's kind of stupid.”

You've got no idea who that is. “Alfred?”

“Yeah. You waved to him when he left.”

“Oh!” The spider. “He was really helpful, but why...?”

“I'm not just about fireflies,” She says, shrugging. “Other insects. Spiders, too. So, what is it?”

[ ] Ask if she wants to help you move the car.
[ ] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[ ] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[ ] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
>> No. 13584
[ ] Ask if she wants to help you move the car.
[ ] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
>> No. 13585
[ ] Ask if she wants to help you move the car.
[ ] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[ ] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[ ] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.

Feel the curiosity of a newborn youkai!
>> No. 13586
[x] Ask if she wants to help you move the car.
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.

Ants can carry several hundred times their own weight.
I wonder if Wriggle has any ant youkai buddies...
>> No. 13588
[x] Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[x] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.

>>13585
[x] Ask if she's ever had rice and tea before.
>> No. 13589
[X] Ask if she wants to help you move the car.
[X] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
>> No. 13590
[x] Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[x] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
>> No. 13591
{X} Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.
{X} Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
{X} Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
{X} Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
>> No. 13592
[x] Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[x] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she's ever had rice and tea before.
>> No. 13593
[x] Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[x] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she's ever had rice and tea before.
>> No. 13594
[d] Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.
[a] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[~] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[z] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
[e] Ask if she's ever had rice and tea before.

I love this story so much.
>> No. 13595
[x] Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[x] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she's ever had rice and tea before.
>> No. 13601
[x] Ask if she wants to help you move the car. Explain that there is payment involved.

“Do you want to help me move a car?”

Wriggle just looks at you for a moment. “A... what? Why?”

“Oh, it's a big metal box thing, with an inside. Rinnosuke said it's from the outside or something.”

“Rinnosuke,” She says, repeating what you said. “Then it's probably something really weird, right? What's the payment?”

You pause for a little bit. What was the payment? You didn't get that far when you asked him. All you know is that there is one. “I don't know.”

She sighs. “I don't think I want to. It's really early, and if I don't know what I'm getting, well...”

“So... you don't want to help?”

She shakes her head. “Maybe tonight, if you still need help.”

You frown. You thought for sure that she would help. And, it's not really early. But, if she doesn't want to, well...

[ ] You really could use her help, though.
[ ] That's fine.
Pending:
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[x] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she's ever had rice and tea before.
>> No. 13602
[X] That's fine.

Doing it at night's better than never doing it.
>> No. 13606
[x] That's fine.
>> No. 13607
[x] That's fine.
and:
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
>> No. 13608
[x] That's fine.
>> No. 13609
[X] That's fine, you might come back tonight then.
>> No. 13610
[ ] That's fine.
>> No. 13611
[ ] That's fine.
>> No. 13612
[X] That's fine.

Wriggle can be cool too, she's just tired.
>> No. 13617
[x] That's fine.

It's not like we have a strict deadline.
>> No. 13619
[x] That's fine.
[x] Ask if she knows of anyone else that would help.
[x] Ask if she knows where Mystia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she knows where Rumia is during the day.
[x] Ask if she's ever had rice and tea before.

… that's fine. She doesn't have to. You won't bother her about it, since that might be annoying, too.

“Do you know anyone else that could help, though?” You ask, smiling. “I was looking for Mystia, but I couldn't find her...”

“She's usually near the stream, before it heads into the lake,” Wriggle says, rubbing her eyes. “Fishing. And my friends could help, if it wasn't so bright outside.”

“Friends?”

“Sure, these guys don't sleep much,” She says, spreading out her arms. You hear a bit of buzzing and clicking and other noises that don't sound like animals. You can't see what's making them, though. “None of the big ones like light, though.”

“Oh, ok.” You say. It makes sense that the things down here don't like light much. Otherwise, they'd be out enjoying the nice day. “How about Rumia? Do you know where she is?”

“No idea,” Wriggle says, yawning. “She moves around a lot. I don't think she sleeps, either.” She taps her foot. “Anything else?”

“Um... have you ever had rice before? And tea?”

She pauses. “... yeah. Why?”

You smile. “Just wondering.”

But, you're all out of questions. So you two sit looking at each other for a little bit. Maybe there's something you forgot to ask. Maybe if you wait for a little bit it'll come to you and you can ask and get an answer.

She yawns, again. “If there's nothing else, I'm going to--- oh?”

She's looking at something resting on her hand. To you, it looks like a little black dot.

“Looks like the humans you scared off yesterday are back, Phobe,” She says, laughing a bit. “Well, they won't come here, so I'm going to go back to sleep. See you later.”

She waves, and starts to head up... up into the black insides of the tree.

“Thanks,” You say, waving back.

“...sure.”

And then she's out of sight.

[ ] Try to find Mystia.
[ ] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.
[ ] You'll do something else until night. Go explore near (write-in).
>> No. 13620
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.
Ohohoho.
>> No. 13621
[ ] Try to find Mystia.
>> No. 13622
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.
>> No. 13623
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.
>> No. 13625
[x] Try to find Mystia.

It seems an awful stupid idea to go back and mess with the guy who is probably now loaded for bear youkai.
>> No. 13627
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.

She has learnt to danmaku now. Play with him until he falls, then...

do what youkais do.
>> No. 13628
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you can promise to play with him, but only if he'll help you move the car.

He seemed pretty strong. Maybe get a few of his buddies to help.
>> No. 13629
[x] Try to find Mystia.
>> No. 13633
{X} Try to find Mystia.
>> No. 13634
[x] Try to find Mystia.
>> No. 13635
[X] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.

Obligations and whatnot.
>> No. 13638
[ ] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.

We really need to start expanding our relations beyond the forest though. Maybe after the whole car business.
>> No. 13639
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.

Can we kill him this time?
>> No. 13641
[X] Try to find Mystia.
[X] Go explore near {the lake}.
>> No. 13643
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you should go play with him.
>> No. 13645
[x] If that guy is back, and looking for you, you can promise to play with him, but only if he'll help you move the car.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x