[Return]
Archived Thread
File 123776000629.jpg - (108.40KB , 380x380 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
13234 No. 13234
Testing Server Connection.
Connection Resolved.
Loading Scenario: Day 4, Afternoon

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

I don't understand. Why does everyone in Gensokyo insist on speaking in riddles?
>> No. 13236
File 123776018126.jpg- (250.28KB , 600x600 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
13236
Loading User Commands:
[X] Try to talk to Alice.
[X] Custom

---

"I already explained earlier," says Alice. "Puppetry magic involves infusing a doll with one's own power and will. It is a less known, but elegant branch of magical study that requires much from its practicioners. Few have the ability and patience to master it. Do you understand what I am saying?"

"I still don't understand," Grimnír says. "If that type of magic is your specialty, why didn't you start our lessons with puppetry? You are an expert on it, after all."

Alice sighs heavily. She frowns at him before she speaks.

"You aren't ready for it," she says. "In fact, you are nowhere near ready. You still have to master the basics of magical theory. It took me years of study to even begin moving dolls with magic alone, and even longer to investigate the subtleties of force channeling, energy projection, and materials sorcery."

"I see," replies Grimnír.

"I'll admit you have potential," says Alice. "But these things take time, even for one with unusual talent and skill. If you forcibly attempt such complex spells, you'll either faint from exhaustion or get seriously injured from spell backfires."

He smiles as Alice continues on about the topic. Seems like he had the right idea when he started talking about doll magic. While she was reluctant at first, she couldn't resist describing everything in detail. Somehow, he can sense Alice's mood improve as they continue talking. This topic is something familiar and pleasant to the magician. It's the perfect thing to help her calm down and perhaps feel better about herself a little.

"So, what about Shanghai?" says Grimnír. "You mentioned that she was different from the others."

Upon hearing her name, the doll perks up and turns toward him. Shanghai quickly flies beside him and tugs at his sleeve. As he turns to face her, she gives him a little curtsey before returning to Alice's side.

"Like I said before," says Alice. "Shanghai isn't completely independent. Her every movement and action is tied to my own state of mind. I used something special with her and Hourai to allow them some limited self-awareness."

"I see," says Grimnír. "So, in a sense, they have a little of yourself in them?"

Alice almost drops her fork when he says that. She quickly recovers, however, and looks up at him seriously. Only after a long moment of silence does she carefully reply.

"T-That is... a possibility," she says without looking him in the eye. "But I'd rather not discuss it. A magician has the right to her secrets."
>> No. 13237
File 123776040311.jpg- (263.45KB , 500x650 , reisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
13237
"Thank you very much for the meal," says Grimnír. "The food was delicious!"

Dr. Yagokoro nods with a smile.

"Reisen is quite a good cook, isn't she?" says the doctor. "She has learned much since we arrived here and has grown accustomed to this way of life."

"I-It's nothing special," says Reisen, slightly blushing.

Grimnír forces a smile back. It's too bad that he wasn't able to taste much of it. Every other time he looked away, some food would simply vanish from his plate. He noticed that each time something disappeared, he could feel some movement in the front of his robe. Thankfully, none of the others noticed this discrepancy. Somehow, he just knows that Yukari is also enjoying this meal, too.

"I suppose that this time is better than any," Dr. Yagokoro says, the tone of her voice suddenly businesslike.

"Eh?"

"Take this."

She gives him an unusual item. It looks like a medical syringe.

"That syringe is tipped with a special needle made from lunarian silver," says the doctor. "Hang on to it carefully. You two will need it if you want to save Marisa."

"Ah, that's right!" says Alice. "You haven't told us the results yet!"

"The details are technical, but I'll explain it as simply as I can," says Dr. Yagokoro.

As she clears her throat, she motions for them to stay quiet.

"I've isolated the chemical compound we need to create a proto-serum. I was actually quite surprised when I saw the reading. To be sure, I ran several more tests, but all of them confirm the same thing. The cure is something that I had already documented in the past. If I can obtain a sample of a certain substance, I can easily manufacture a suitable drug for Marisa's condition."

"T-That's great then," says Alice as she sighs in relief. "When you hesitated earlier, I thought that it might be something terrible."

"..."

The lunarian doctor looks at her thoughtfully. Then, she turns to look at Grimnír. Finally, she sighs heavily and gives them a sad smile.

"I can't send Reisen with you to get it this time," says Dr. Yagokoro. "Eientei can't be directly involved with this incident anymore. Certain... conflicts of interest may arise."

"What?" Alice and Grimnír cry out at the same time.

"That said, if you can obtain the substance, I will manufacture the cure without asking how you got it."

"I don't understand," says Grimnír. "Is it something rare or dangerous?"

Dr. Yagokoro glances at Reisen, who has stayed silent all this time, before turning back to them.

"Both," whispers the doctor. "To create the cure, I need a sample of vampire blood."

The room falls deathly silent at those words. Dr. Yagokoro looks slightly saddened, but her eyes are firm with her decision. Reisen opens her mouth, as if to argue somehow, but in the end, she doesn't find the words. Alice bites her lip, as if remembering something unpleasant. Surprisingly, it is she who finally breaks the silence.

"We are going," she says simply. Without another word, she leaves the room, Shanghai following close behind her.

Grimnír thanks the lunarians before turning to follow the magician. He quickly walks into the hallway and spies Alice already heading toward the exit. However, he stops when he hears a hurried conversation in the room they just left. Seems like Reisen and Dr. Yagokoro are arguing about something.

But that isn't any of their business, is it?
[ ] Quickly follow after Alice. You have to stay focused on finding the cure.
[ ] Carefully eavesdrop on the lunarians. Something strange is going on.
[ ] Ask Yukari for advice. She might know something useful.
[ ] Wander around Eientei and investigate. They are distracted right now.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13238
[x] Ask Yukari for advice. She might know something useful.
>> No. 13239
[x] Ask Yukari for advice. She might know something useful.

Incoming Grey vs Grey!
>> No. 13243
[X] Ask Yukari for advice. She might know something useful.
>> No. 13244
[ ] Ask Yukari for advice. She might know something useful.

What's that, Alice?

No, I'm not crazy, there really is a miniature humanoid speaking to me!
>> No. 13246
[ ] Ask Yukari for advice. She might know something useful.
>> No. 13250
>>13234
JESUS CHRIST THAT PICTURE

>>13236
>"So, what about Shanghai?" says Grimnír. "You mentioned that she was different from the others."
>Upon hearing her name, the doll perks up and turns toward him. Shanghai quickly flies beside him and tugs at his sleeve. As he turns to face her, she gives him a little curtsey before returning to Alice's side.
Dammit keine_sensei, stop trying to kill me, you sneaky, underhanded bastHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHH

>>13239
>Incoming Grey vs Grey action!
Well... if Grimnir meets up with Earl and Vincent, all in the same place, that's going to become one hell of a hassle. It'll be completely unclear who is who, and where to draw the lines of identity. It'll be a challenging literary Grey Area, that's for sure.
>> No. 13253
File 123782255556.jpg- (377.20KB , 905x1036 , yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
13253
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask Yukari for advice. She might know something useful.

---

Seems like Reisen and Dr. Yagokoro are arguing about something in the room they just left. For a moment, Grimnír considers eavesdropping on their conversation.

He is sure that they are hiding something from them. Ever since they arrived, Eientei has been oddly empty and deserted. Marisa mentioned that the lunarian mansion-clinic complex has a large rabbit staff with a mischievous leader. Also, a princess from the moon supposedly lives here too, though she is sort of a shut-in. Yet he hasn't seen any others besides Reisen and Dr. Yagokoro.

"..."

Grimnír quickly shakes his head. It isn't his place to decide if something is strange or not, especially in Gensokyo. Even if there was something wrong, it probably isn't anything that the lunarians plan to share with them. He really shouldn't poke around in others' personal affairs when he has quite enough on his own plate already.

He quickly catches up to Alice. Looks like she wants to leave immediately. But still...

"Hey Alice," says Grimnír. "I need to grab a few things from my room. Could I have a few minutes?"

"Move quickly," replies Alice. "I'll wait for you outside."

...

"There are only two vampires known to live in Gensokyo," says Yukari. "Both of them have the usual vampiric traits - supernatural strength, high magical ability, transformation, regeneration, and a thirst for blood. They do have a few weaknesses, such as sunlight and flowing water, but I discourage a direct confrontation with them."

"Why is that?" asks Grimnír.

"Mostly because you can easily end up dead," says Yukari. "And that is completely unacceptable. We haven't even explored the possibilities of your power. I, for one, am quite curious to see what you are truly capable of~"

"I see," he says.

If things get out of hand, he can try using that spell again. Seems like it can easily erase both living and non-living things, so it should work in a fight. It might be dangerous, but it's better than doing nothing.

Suddenly, the miniature Yukari pokes at him with her umbrella to grab his attention.

"Don't even think about it," she whispers. "They aren't ordinary vampires. One of them has the power to manipulate Fate itself, while the other has the ability to destroy practically anything she can get her hands on."

"But you've seen it, haven't you?" replies Grimnír. "My ability should count for something..."

"Not against these two," says Yukari. "You have only started learning to use your power, while they have hundreds of years in experience. They will tear you apart the moment they suspect that you can hurt them."

"Then what should we do, then?" says Grimnír.

Yukari looks up at him with a knowing smile.

"That, little Grim, is the right question..."

...

"Are you ready to go now?" says Alice. "We should hurry."

He gives her a quick nod as he slings the sack behind him.

"Where are we going?" he asks.

"The Scarlet Devil Mansion," she says. "Normally, I would avoid the place, but we don't have much choice. Vampires are quite rare in Gensokyo."

"And the plan?" says Grimnír.

"E-er," mumbles Alice as she hesitates. "I-I don't really have any plan in mind yet, but I'm sure that we can come up with something once we get there."

"You don't sound too confident," notes Grimnír.

"I'm not," admits the magician as she looks away. "I really have no idea how we can pull this off..."

For a moment, Alice turns around and looks up at the sky. She watches the clouds in silence as she thinks. Then, she turns around with a determined look on her face.

"But we have to do it," says Alice. "We have to try."

"Hmm..."

Going directly to the Mansion without a plan might be risky. A short break at that red-lantern stand should give them enough time to discuss and come up with something. Or they can probably pass by the Human Village, though he has no idea what they should look for. They can also try something else...

[ ] Head straight to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Figure it out when you get there.
[ ] Take a break at that red-lantern stand. They need to come up with a plan first.
[ ] Pass by the Human Village. Maybe you can learn or find something useful.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13254
[ ] Take a break at that red-lantern stand. They need to come up with a plan first.
>> No. 13261
[ ] Take a break at that red-lantern stand. They need to come up with a plan first.
>> No. 13266
{X} Take a break at that red-lantern stand. They need to come up with a plan first.
>> No. 13268
[x] Take a break at that red-lantern stand. They need to come up with a plan first.
>> No. 13273
[ze] Take a break at that red-lantern stand. Time to get everybody and their stuff together.
>> No. 13279
File 123791050366.jpg- (45.68KB , 850x318 , sdm_group.jpg ) [iqdb]
13279
Loading User Commands:
[X] Take a break at that red-lantern stand. They need to come up with a plan first.

---

"Here you are~" says the owner. "Two orders of grilled lamprey~"

"Thanks Mystia," replies Alice off-handedly. Shanghai gives the owner a polite bow.

"Enjoy the meal~" says Mystia before she returns to her grill. "Human shall crucify in the darkness~ Human shall crucify in the light too~"

"Don't mind her too much," whispers Alice. "She can be a little bit odd, but she is quite behaved for a forest youkai."

Grimnír nods in agreement. Mystia Lorelei, the owner of this small establishment, has been singing songs ever since they arrived. Her voice is quite enchanting, but the lyrics of her songs vary from slightly strange to outright disturbing. He doesn't mind it much though. It's like enjoying a song in a foreign language - you don't really need to understand all the words.

"Seems like we are the only customers," he comments.

"This place is more popular in the evening," says the magician. "For a variety of reasons. But at least we can talk freely right now."

Alice pauses for a moment, considering her next words.

"I-I'm sorry for earlier," she says, almost in a whisper. "I got carried away that time when I almost attacked that human. I knew he was dangerous, but when I saw the person who hurt Marisa, I just got so angry and -"

"Forget about it," interrupts Grimnír. "No one got hurt, so it's all fine."

"No," says Alice. "No it's not. Eirin was right. Someone could have gotten hurt or killed. I would never forgive myself if something happened to..."

The dollmaker falls silent, not looking him in the eye. After a moment, she takes a bite of her lamprey, though she doesn't seem to be tasting it. He, too, takes a bite. The grilled lamprey is surprisingly tasty. Perhaps this is the reason why this stand is popular with both humans and youkai alike. Odd location for it, though.

"The Scarlet Devil Mansion," says Alice. "Have you heard of it?"

"I only know that vampires live there," replies Grimnír. "Two of them, if I'm not mistaken."

"Yes, there are two of them. Both are very powerful and dangerous. Even I wouldn't want to face them in the middle of the night, especially during the full moon. You and I together would still have a difficulty subduing even one of them, and I doubt if we can catch either vampire alone."

"Do others live in that mansion?" asks Grimnír.

Alice nods grimly.

"Outside, at the entrance, is their elite gateguard. It is possible to defeat that one, but the others in the mansion will surely be alerted with the battle. At the mansion library lives a powerful elemental magician and her familiar. I would rather not involve them in this mess. There is also a large fairy maid staff in the mansion, some of which are specially trained for combat. Individually, we can take them, but they have the strength of numbers. Lastly, there is the chief maid, who only reports to the Scarlet Devil herself. She is extremely loyal, and she will definitely attack us if she suspects foul play."

"That sounds like a lot of opposition," replies Grimnír.

"I'm not sure what we can do," admits Alice. "Do you have any ideas?"

What would you suggest?
[ ] Fight your way through.
[ ] Sneak your way through.
[ ] Talk your way through.
[ ] Ask Yukari for ideas. (This will reveal her presence to Alice)
[ ] A more brilliant plan? (Specify)
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13284
[x] Go at night.
[x] Tell the guard that you have a proposition for the lady of the mansion.
--[x]If she refuses to let you through, danmaku duel (alerting Remilia.)
[x] Simply ask for a sample of her blood.
--[x] If she asks why, tell the truth.
--[x] Offer something in return. There must be *something* she could use.

Meta-knowledge time!:

-Grey won't turn away an Alice in need, provided you make no attempt to deceive anyone. He may prove to be an ally in negotiations-- and he is *definitely* the kind of guy you want on your side for something like that.

-Though a vampire, Remilia isn't a blood-crazed lunatic. She can be reasoned with, and she might agree to give you some blood if you give her something in return (like helping to investigate the strange happenings that have been going on around the SDM.)

A little meta-gaming never killed anyone... and, more importantly, this could make things VERY interesting.
>> No. 13287
>>13284

Addendum: In terms of justifying this in a non-metagaming way, it is perfectly reasonable for Grimnír to assume that the vampire can be dealt with in a civil manner. Plus, it is probably the safest method, and even if it fails, it's doubtful that they'd actually expect you to try and take the blood by stealth or force later on.
>> No. 13290
[x] Go at night.
[x] Tell the guard that you have a proposition for the lady of the mansion.
--[x]If she refuses to let you through, danmaku duel (alerting Remilia.)
[x] Simply ask for a sample of her blood.
--[x] If she asks why, tell the truth.
--[x] Offer something in return. There must be *something* she could use.

SDM is too heavily guarded to sneak in and too powerful to take by force. The only choice is diplomacy.
>> No. 13291
[x] Go at night.
[x] Tell the guard that you have a proposition for the lady of the mansion.
--[x]If she refuses to let you through, danmaku duel (alerting Remilia.)
[x] Simply ask for a sample of her blood.
--[x] If she asks why, tell the truth.
--[x] Offer something in return. There must be *something* she could use.
>> No. 13322
-Grimnír met Grey in day 2 of Magical Rhapsody.
-Grey met Grimnír in day 3 of Scarlet Horizon.
-This is the afternoon of day 4 of Magical Rhapsody.
-The last entry in Scarlet Horizon was in the morning of day 5.
-The votes in Scarlet Horizon suggest that the author will write a continuation of the story soon.

Is it just me, or does it smell like threadmerge in here?
>> No. 13323
>>13322
Shit's gonna be SO awesome

[x] Go at night.
[x] Tell the guard that you have a proposition for the lady of the mansion.
--[x]If she refuses to let you through, danmaku duel (alerting Remilia.)
[x] Simply ask for a sample of her blood.
--[x] If she asks why, tell the truth.
--[x] Offer something in return. There must be *something* she could use.
>> No. 13324
[x] Go at night.
[x] Tell the guard that you have a proposition for the lady of the mansion.
--[x]If she refuses to let you through, danmaku duel (alerting Remilia.)
[x] Simply ask for a sample of her blood.
--[x] If she asks why, tell the truth.
--[x] Offer something in return. There must be *something* she could use.

I'm sure this will not go awry at all no sir
>> No. 13328
>>13323
I believe the term you're looking for is CASH.
>> No. 13330
I thought we weren't supposed to let anyone know Eientei is involved. Wouldn't telling them the truth kind of blow their cover?
>> No. 13337
>>13330

Uh... when did they say that? I must've missed it. Are you sure it's not that we aren't supposed to tell anyone that Yukari is involved?
At any rate, I don't see how telling the truth could make things much worse than they already are. (And besides, they were acting kinda shady back at Eientei...)
>> No. 13340
>>13337
>"I can't send Reisen with you to get it this time," says Dr. Yagokoro. "Eientei can't be directly involved with this incident anymore. Certain... conflicts of interest may arise."
>> No. 13343
>>13340
>>directly involved

If we get the blood on our own, they technically won't be "directly" involved, and if we tell them that the blood is needed to manufacture a cure for Marisa, it is not necessarily confirming or denying Eientei's involvement (even if it is heavily implied.)

If I had to take a guess, the fact that Eientei won't send it's own personnel to the mansion probably has something to do with the meeting that took place at the Shrine a few days ago. Regardless, the blood is going to be used for our own purposes, not Eientei's, so it shouldn't matter if they are mentioned.
>> No. 13349
File 12380498515.jpg- (271.20KB , 1000x718 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
13349
Loading User Commands:
[X] A more brilliant plan? (Custom)

---

"Rather then fighting or sneaking inside, why don't we try a more diplomatic approach?"

"Do explain," says Alice.

"We should go there at night," says Grimnír. "Vampires are more active at that time, I believe. It may be in our best interest to speak to them when they aren't irritable or asleep."

He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"This is just a rough idea of what I have in mind," he says. "We should enter through the front gate and try to get the gateguard to let us through. Hopefully, we can get inside without the use of force. Once in, we can ask to meet with the vampires. I don't see any reason to hide our purpose, so we can probably tell them the truth. And we can try to offer something in return. There must be something that we can trade in exchange for the blood sample."

"..."

"What do you think?" says Grimnír. "It won't hurt to try, and we can always find another way if this fails."

Alice pauses for a few minutes, clearly in deep thought. She finishes her grilled lamprey as she thinks. After a drink, she turns back at him with a serious expression upon her face.

"We can try it," she says finally. "In fact, the magician who lives there is an acquaintance of mine. Perhaps she can be of some help."

Grimnír nods encouragingly. It is best that they avoid violence, if at all possible.

"But I don't think we should wait until nightfall," says Alice. "I'm sure that the vampire brat will make an unreasonable request, at best. We will need time to satisfy that request, if at all possible. Time we don't have."

He pauses to think. Time is of the essence.

[ ] Leave now.
[ ] Insist on going at night.
[ ] Pass by Alice's cottage.
[ ] Pass by Kourindou.
[ ] Pass by the Human Village.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13350
[ ] Leave now.
>> No. 13351
[ ] Leave now.
>> No. 13352
[X] Leave now.
>> No. 13355
[X] Leave now.
>> No. 13356
[ ] Leave now.
>> No. 13358
[x] Leave now.

We need to talk to Patchy first, anyway.
>> No. 13369
[ze] Leave now.

NOT GOING TO GO AWRY AT ALL
>> No. 13374
File 123816707317.jpg- (55.44KB , 400x538 , meiling.jpg ) [iqdb]
13374
Loading User Commands:
[X] Leave now.

---

The flight to the Scarlet Devil Mansion was relatively uneventful. There was hardly anything of interest to see on the way there, and even if there were, neither of them felt like speaking. Both Alice and Grimnír stayed silent during the trip, each occupied with their own thoughts.

"..."

Grimnír had many questions in his head. Would the gateguard let them inside? How much information would they have to share with her? Can they possibly bypass her without causing insult to the residents inside? Is it possible to defeat the gateguard with just the two of them? And would there be other threats once inside?

For some reason, Alice never mentioned anything about the other vampire. She kept describing only one vampire named Remilia, who was also known as the Scarlet Devil. He was tempted to ask more, but in the end he stayed silent. Perhaps Alice has her own reasons to keep it out of the discussion.

After a few minutes, they manage to leave the border of the Forest. Grimnír looks curiously down at the large lake below. For some reason, there is a fog forming on the lake and on the area around it. Somehow, the atmosphere feels a bit foreboding.

"There it is," says Alice as she points toward something at a distance. It looks like a large mansion complex.

...

"W-W-What happened here?" whispers Alice.

"The area looks like it has been through hell," replies Grimnír. "Are you sure this is the right place?"

"Yes, this is the Scarlet Devil Mansion, but..."

The dollmaker flies a little ahead, motioning for him to stay behind. As they approach, the devastation becomes clearer. The outer walls have large cracks on them, and the front gate has been completely ripped off its hinges. Uprooted trees lie carelessly around the garden. Several of the mansion windows are broken, and the front door looks badly damaged. Bloodstains can be seen all over the area.

"Now, this is just wonderful," says another voice. "That brat said she had things under control here..."

"Y-Yukari?" cries Grimnír in surprise. Sure enough, he can see the tiny gap youkai peeking out of his new "front pocket". However, she doesn't have her usual mischievous smile on her face.

"Keep your voice down," she replies.

"Do you know what happened here?" whispers Grimnír.

"I have an idea of it," says Yukari. "But I never saw this damage until now. It must have happened only this morning."

"I thought that the Scarlet Devil Mansion was pretty well defended," says Grimnír. "Alice described it like a fortress."

"It is a fortress," replies Yukari. "In any case, be very careful when you get inside. We still have unfinished business, so take care of yourself~"

She gives him one last wink before disappearing back into his robe. Before Grimnír can react, Alice starts motioning for him to follow. He quickly flies beside the magician.

"What do you think?" she says quietly as she points down.

Only a short distance away and above the Mansion, he notices a number of fairies dressed in maid uniforms running about. By the looks of their tools and actions, it seems like they are conducting repairs and cleaning up the damage. Some of the fairies seem to have bandages, as if recently hurt.

Nearby, a girl with long scarlet hair is supervising their work. She is dressed in a green beret and dress that complements the color of her hair. For some strange reason, Grimnír feels like he has seen her before, but he can't remember exactly when...

"We can easily sneak by like this," says Alice. "The gateguard and the maids seem preoccupied. But I'm not sure if we should..."

[ ] Head directly into the Mansion. Go through the front door.
[ ] Head directly into the Mansion. Sneak inside through a window.
[ ] Land beside the gateguard. Request an audience with Remilia.
[ ] Land beside the gateguard. Try to learn more about what happened here.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13376
[x] Land beside the gateguard. Try to learn more about what happened here.
[x] Request an audience with Remilia.

In that order.
Stick to the plan, etc.
At least we know Remilia will probably be awake...
>> No. 13377
[x] Land beside the gateguard. Try to learn more about what happened here.
[x] Request an audience with Remilia.

Even though Alice has been here before, she's still virtually a stranger (and Grimnír hasn't been here before at all.) Just waltzing in would be presumptuous.
Using stealth or force is still a bad idea, even if they are distracted. If anything, they're probably more alert than ever.
Stick to the plan.
>> No. 13381
[X] Land beside the gateguard. Try to learn more about what happened here.
[X] Request an audience with Remilia.

This will either work or start a fight.
>> No. 13397
>>13381

Starting a fight will get everyone to come outside.
So it'll work either way.
Also, China can't beat both of you...
>> No. 13402
[x] Land beside the gateguard. Try to learn more about what happened here.
[x] Request an audience with Remilia.
>> No. 13405
[x] Land beside the gateguard. Try to learn more about what happened here.
[x] Request an audience with Remilia.
>> No. 13417
File 123825327220.jpg- (41.90KB , 445x550 , meiling.jpg ) [iqdb]
13417
Loading User Commands:
[X] Land beside the gateguard. Try to learn more about what happened here.
[X] Request an audience with Remilia.

---

"A-Ah! Miss Alice?" cries the gate guard in surprise. "And that other one is..."

"A friend of mine," says Alice. "What happened here?"

"Oh, it was terrible!" says the gate guard. "Even with everyone helping, it took a really long time!"

"Did the little sister escape again?" asks Alice.

"No! It wasn't like that! In fact -"

Suddenly, she stops and covers her mouth with her hands. The gate guard shakes her head nervously and quickly glances around, as if looking out for someone. After a moment, she sighs in relief. Then, she gives them a forced smile as she recovers her composure.

"What's wrong?" asks Alice. "What caused this?"

"A-Ah, this?" mumbles the gate guard. "No, there is nothing to see here! This is just general cleaning! Sakuya left me in charge of watching over it!"

"But you just said that it was something terrible."

"N-No! I mean that it's terrible that we chose to do renovation and repairs today. It looks like it might rain, after all. Ha ha ha..."

"The front gate was ripped from its hinges..."

"It was? I-It must have rusted off in the rain. Yeah, I think that it was overdue for replacement anyway."

"..."

The gate guard seems to be trying to hide something, but she is doing a pretty lousy job of it. Alice frowns at her and taps her foot impatiently.

"E-er," says the gate guard, suddenly turning her attention to Grimnír. "Now who is this with you? I don't believe we have met."

"E-Eh?" mumbles Grimnír in surprise. "Well my name is Grimnír, and I'm sort of staying with Alice right now."

"Staying with Alice?" repeats the gate guard.

"He is my apprentice," says Alice firmly, though her cheeks a light pink. "Anyway, you still haven't -"

"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Grimnír!" cries the gate guard. "My name is Hong Meiling. I am the gate guard of the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"You still haven't answered my question," whispers Alice, almost threateningly. "What happened here?"

"Here? The Mansion?" says Meiling nervously. "Ah, you must have come to visit Miss Patchouli! She is in the library as usual. Why don't I escort you two inside and -"

Without warning, Meiling grabs them both by the arm. Partly leading, partly dragging, she quickly brings them toward the front door of the Mansion. The gate guard is surprisingly strong, and neither Alice nor Grimnír manages to pull themselves away.

"W-wait! We need to speak with Remilia!" cries Alice.

"The Mistress?" says Meiling. "No, you shouldn't disturb her right now. She is far too bus- sleep. I mean she is far too asleep to speak with guests. Now come this way please~"

Before they can argue, they find themselves within the entrance hall of the Mansion.

"I believe you know the way to the library, Miss Alice," says Meiling. "Forgive me, but I have much work to do outside, so I'll have to leave you. Good day to you and your friend!"

With a quick bow, the gate guard quickly leaves, closing the front door behind her.

"W-wait!" cries Alice. "Gah!"

"Was that normal?" asks Grimnír. "Her letting us in like that so easily?"

"No, it wasn't," says the dollmaker, clearly still irritated. "She must be hiding something."

"Well, at least she let us inside," he says. "Now what?"

"I know the basic layout of the Mansion," says Alice. "But we should be careful not to get lost. I'd hate to bump into the chief maid like this..."

[ ] Head back outside.
[ ] Head to the library.
[ ] Head to the second floor.
[ ] Head to the dining room.
[ ] Head to the basement.
[ ] Wander around aimlessly.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13418
[x] Head to the library.

Maybe easier to get info from Patchouli, thus giving us a good idea of what is going on and how it affects your situation.
>> No. 13419
[x] Head to the library.

Time is of the essence of which little is left. Better to have an escort or heck a "familiar" to introduce them to Remilia lest we bump into the chief maid unexpectedly.
>> No. 13420
[x] Head to the library.
>> No. 13421
[X] Head to the library.
>> No. 13422
[x] Head to the library.
>> No. 13424
[x] Head to the library.
>> No. 13427
[x] Head to the library.

This was the plan anyway.
>> No. 13455
[x] Head to the library.

That's right.
>> No. 13483
[ze] Head to the library.

This will go well.
>> No. 13487
File 123848632869.jpg- (155.90KB , 1000x1399 , voile_library.jpg ) [iqdb]
13487
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head to the library.

---

Grimnír looks upon the place with wonder and awe. All around him are shelves stacked full of books. The rows of shelves extend farther than the eye can see, seemingly indefinitely. Thousands of books? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? There must be enough reading material here to keep a person occupied for several lifetimes. Before he can stop himself, he walks to the nearest shelf, examining its contents. While most of the books seem to be written in languages he can't yet recognize, he spots a few titles in English. He quickly pulls out a heavy grimoire that catches his eye.

"You can read those later," says Alice firmly. "We have more urgent business at the moment."

"A-ah, sorry about that," replies Grimnír as he immediately replaces the book. "What is this place?"

"This is the Voile Library," says the dollmaker. "All of these books belong to an acquaintance of mine who lives here. It is one of the largest collections of books known to exist in Gensokyo."

"Strange," he comments. "From the outside, I wouldn't think that a massive library like this could fit in the building."

"Space manipulation magic," replies Alice. "I'm not exactly sure how it works, but the residents use it all over the mansion. Anyway, we should head deeper inside. Patchouli should be at her usual spot."

For the next twenty minutes, they walk along the shelves, taking a turn every once in a while. Before he knows it, Grimnír loses his bearings as they go through the labyrinthine library. Fortunately, Alice seems to know her way as she continues forward. Is she using some kind of pathfinding magic? Or perhaps she has been here several times before, and has learned her way around?

"This Patchouli," he says. "What kind of person is she?"

"She is a magician who prefers to stay indoors," says Alice. "Her specialty is the manipulation and control of the elements. She knows powerful spells, but she rarely steps outside."

"Will she help us?" he asks.

"I don't know," she replies. "But at the very least, I don't think she will attack us without reason."

"..."

"And there she is," says Alice.

Almost hidden by several stacks of books, a frail-looking girl sits by a large reading desk. She has long lavender hair with several ribbons tied upon them. Her dress is pink and lacey, and on her head is a soft cap with a crescent ornament on it. The girl's deep purple eyes move from left to right in a steady rhythm as she reads a large tome.

"Ah!" cries a new voice.

They turn to see a strange, red-haired girl approaching them from between the shelves. Nothing is unusual about her deep red eyes and the large stack of books she is carrying in her arms. Even the cute little pair of bat-wings upon her back doesn't surprise Grimnír. However, the girl has a second pair of wings attached to her head. If they weren't flapping nervously, he would have thought they were a hair accessory of some sort.

To his surprise, Alice simply ignores the girl and starts walking toward the pink and purple magician. She doesn't wait for him to follow, and before he realizes it, he finds himself alone with the bat-winged girl.

"W-well..." mutters the girl uneasily. She turns to him with a puzzled expression.

Grimnír pauses to think.
[ ] Ignore the girl and quickly follow after Alice.
[ ] Introduce yourself to the red-haired girl.
[ ] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[ ] Offer to help her carry the books.
[ ] Ask for her name.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13490
[ ] Ask for her name.
>> No. 13494
[X] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[X] Follow after Alice

Tip of the hat, all that.
>> No. 13495
[X] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[X] Follow after Alice
>> No. 13498
[X] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[X] Follow after Alice
>> No. 13509
[X] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[X] Follow after Alice

If only we had a hat to tip.
>> No. 13510
[†] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[†] Introduce yourself to the red-haired girl.
[†] Follow after Alice
>> No. 13511
[X] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[X] Follow after Alice
>> No. 13520
[z] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[e] Follow after Alice
>> No. 13521
File 123858389359.jpg- (100.10KB , 600x600 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
13521
Loading User Commands:
[X] Apologize for your sudden intrusion.
[X] Follow after Alice.

---

"Forgive our sudden intrusion," says Grimnír. "We have some urgent business with the elemental magician, but we mean no disrespect."

"N-no, it's alright!" cries the red-haired girl. "It's my fault for not noticing our guests earlier. I-I'm sorry for the trouble."

She attempts to give him a low and formal bow, and in the attempt, the topmost book of her stack starts falling. Thankfully, he manages to catch it before it hits the ground. He smiles gently at the girl as he hands her back the book.

"Careful," he says. "You might hurt yourself."

"Ah!" squeaks the girl.

"Anyway, I better follow after Alice," says Grimnír. "Good luck with your work, Miss."

"T-thanks," mumbles the girl.

Leaving the strangely winged girl behind him, he quickly follows after the dollmaker. As he approaches the two magicians, he notices that they seem to be talking about something. But by the time he walks within earshot, they both fall silent. Then, Patchouli turns to him.

"You are a magic-user," she says suddenly. From the tone of her voice, it wasn't a question but a statement of fact.

"So I'm told," replies Grimnír.

"Interesting," she says, turning back to Alice. "Is he the reason for your visit?"

"W-what?" cries Alice. "Of course not! Like I said earlier, it's about Marisa -"

Upon hearing that name, Patchouli immediately returns to her reading, as if completely disinterested.

...

"-and that's why we need a sample of vampire blood," says Alice.

"Is that so?" says Patchouli lightly. "Then why don't you ask her yourself?"

"E-eh?" cries the dollmaker. "Can't you help us convince her?"

"Not interested," replies the other magician. "There is no need for my involvement."

"B-but we need your help! Marisa is going to die if things go on like this!"

"Humans die when they are killed," says Patchouli.

Grimnír turns away from the argument. By the looks of things, the pink and purple magician doesn't want to get involved in this mess. But strangely, she doesn't seem to be trying to stop them, either. Is she planning to observe quietly from afar? Or maybe, she has other plans. He can't read her intentions at all.

"..."

Then, something catches his eye. The longer he stares, the more he feels like he needs to approach. Before he realizes it, he loses track of the magicians' conversation completely. Instead, he finds himself drawn closer to one of the shelves. Upon it, he looks at a seemingly ordinary book. But immediately, a voice from deep within whispers that this one is unique.

"Theoretical Boundary Binding and Intervention," its title reads.

For some unexplainable reason, this book feels really important...
[ ] Take the book while no one is looking.
[ ] Ask if you can borrow the book.
[ ] Ignore the book.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13523
>>[ ] Take the book while no one is looking.
>>[ ] Blame Yukari.

... but seriously.
[x] Ask if you can borrow the book.

We came here to be diplomatic, and we've done an OK job of it so far. Why stop now?
In a worst case scenario, she says no, and then we ask Marisa to "pick it up" for us after we cure her.
>> No. 13524
[x] Ask if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 13533
[X] Ask if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 13534
[X] Ask if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 13535
[x] Ask if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 13544
[ze] Ask if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 13547
File 123866920326.jpg- (39.79KB , 512x512 , patchy.jpg ) [iqdb]
13547
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask if you can borrow the book.

---

This book feels really important . But Grimnír can't just take it. Even if no one is sees him, that would be stealing. The last thing he needs are more enemies. He has enough to worry about already.

"Why don't I offer you something in return?" says Alice to the other magician. "Perhaps we can find something that you want."

"There is no need for my involvement," repeats Patchouli, not looking up. She flips another page of her book.

"Then maybe we can -"

"Excuse me," interrupts Grimnír, his voice faltering a little.

He holds the book up in front of him so that Patchouli can see it.

"May I borrow this?" he says.

"W-what? This is no time for -"

Without warning, the pink and purple magician looks up from her book. Alice jumps a bit, startled by the sudden change. Patchouli ignores her, staring first at the book, then at Grimnír.

"Do you think you can finish that?" asks the purple-haired magician.

"I think so," says Grimnír. "I can try, I think."

"Curious," says Patchouli.

She continues staring at him, as if looking right through his eyes and mind. After a couple of minutes, she turns to the dollmaker.

"If he dies, please make sure to return that to me, Alice."

"E-eh? Are you really lending something to a complete stranger?"

"Thank you very much!" says Grimnír. "I really appreciate it."

"Good luck..." whispers Patchouli as she turns back to her reading.

Wait, what?

"Anyway, there is no need for my involvement," says the pink and purple magician.

"How do you know that?" cries Alice.

Patchouli slowly raises an arm to point at someone standing behind the two visitors. Dressed in a simple traveller's coat and pants ensemble in the style of early 18th century Europe, the newcomer gives them a polite smile. Grimnír eyes are immediately drawn to the gun and holster that he wears. He knows this person.

"Good to see you again," says the man. "Grimnír, wasn't it? An unusual name for an Outsider. Did you choose it yourself?"

"..."

"And Miss Margatroid," he says, turning to Alice. "It is a pleasure to have you with us."

"Ah!" squeaks the dollmaker. "H-have we met?"

"Don't worry about it," says the man. "I was sent to fetch our guests. Lady Remilia is already waiting for you."

"But who are you?" says Alice. "I haven't seen you around here before."

"My name is Grey. I am the butler of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. A pleasure to be in your service."

[ ] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
[ ] Stay in the library a little longer. Let Alice deal with the vampire.
[ ] Have Grey escort you elsewhere. (Specify)
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13548
{X} Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13549
>>13547
Hell yes, my favorite Grey is back.

[X] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13550
>>13547
[X] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13551
>>13549
Yay~

[†] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13552
[X] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13558
[X] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13559
>>13549
>>13551

Indeed.

[x] Have Grey escort you elsewhere. (Specify)
[x] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13574
[ze] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.
>> No. 13576
File 123875014913.jpg- (100.31KB , 1050x893 , remilia.jpg ) [iqdb]
13576
Loading User Commands:
[X] Go meet Remilia. Maybe you can get her help.

---

"Forgive me for intruding," says Grey. "The Mistress insists that you both come and meet her. I am to escort you upstairs."

"Ah! E-er..." mumbles Alice.

Surprised at the newcomer, Alice takes a glance at the other magician, but Patchouli immediately returns to her reading in response. The elemental wizard does not seem at all surprised at this turn of events.

Then, the dollmaker turns to Grimnír. He pauses for only a moment before giving her a small nod. They may as well see the vampire while they are still welcome in this place. They might not have the opportunity later.

...

The hallways of the Mansion are unusually long, so they end up with some time to talk to the butler. Grey seems to be an ordinary person, though surprisingly sociable and good with words. Grimnír simply can't understand how an ordinary person like him can end up employed by deadly vampires. But then again, this is Gensokyo.

"So Miss Alice," says Grey. "I believe that your specialty is doll manipulation and puppetry?"

"H-how did you know?" stammers Alice. "Are you sure we haven't met before?"

"There are few in Gensokyo who have such cute things following behind them," the butler says with a smile. "Does the doll have a name?"

"Ah, of course!" replies the dollmaker. "Her name is Shanghai. She is one of my best works."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful child," whispers Grey as he stops to examine the doll.

As Grimnír watches him stare at the doll, Shanghai gasps slightly in surprise to the sudden attention. She clasps her hands and turns her head away shyly. The doll is wearing an embarrassed expression upon her face, and is she blushing?

"Very impressive," says Grey as he turns back to Alice. "A beautiful name indeed, though Alice is pretty, too."

"E-e-eh? Ah!"

At those words, the dollmaker almost trips on her feet. Her face bright red, she immediately mumbles a few random words as she turns away. Alice seems to have a small smile on her face. For some reason, Grimnír feels irritated at this whole situation, though he can't understand exactly why.

"Ah, forgive me," says Grey with a small bow. "I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable."

"I-It's alright," whispers Alice.

"That is good to hear," replies the butler. "Now, dear guests, shall we meet the Mistress of the Mansion?"

...

In front of them, a young girl calmly sips her tea as they come in. The first thing he notices are her wings, which are similar to those of a bat. The girl smiles at his curious stare, and stretches her wings slightly in response. Yep, those things are definitely real, and unless this is some kind of illusion, they really are attached to her back. Now that he thinks about it, that sparrow youkai Mystia had wings too. Perhaps they are a common feature among non-humans.

Grey gives them both a bow before walking away. He stands patiently behind the girl, ready to satisfy her orders. Wait. Then this little girl dressed in pink is the Mistress? Yes, she does look unusual with her blue hair, red eyes, and wings, but she can't be anything more than a youkai girl.

"Have a seat," says the girl. "Feel free to have some tea and biscuits."

Alice takes the center seat across from the girl, while Grimnír takes the seat to her left. There is a third seat prepared to the right of Alice. Somehow, it seems odd that there are three seats prepared when there are only two guests. He looks up questioningly at Grey, who simply shrugs. Then, he turns to girl, who only smiles a little wider.

This girl must be the vampire Remilia.
[ ] Request for a blood sample. Don't explain the reason.
[ ] Request for a blood sample. Explain Marisa's condition only.
[ ] Request for a blood sample. Tell the whole story.

Optional (up to two):
[ ] Talk about the repairs around the Mansion.
[ ] Talk about the incidents around the area.
[ ] Talk about the Voile Library.
[ ] Talk about vampires.
[ ] Talk about Yukari.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13577
>>Grimnír feels irritated at this whole situation, though he can't understand exactly why.

"Wh-wha... What are these?!... These feelings... Could it be that I...?"

... Do not want tsundere protagonist.
>> No. 13578
>>13577
... wut?
>> No. 13579
Keep on stickin' to the plan.

[x] Request for a blood sample. Give her the information she asks for-- no more and no less.
--[x] If she asks if you're leaving something out, ask her to specify.
--[x] Offer something in return.

[x] Talk about the repairs around the Mansion.
Which leads to...
[x] Talk about the incidents around the area.

The write in was a little longer than it should have been... I just wanted to make sure Sol understood the specifics fully.
>> No. 13581
{X} Request for a blood sample. Give her the information she asks for-- no more and no less.
--{X} If she asks if you're leaving something out, ask her to specify.
--{X} Offer something in return.

{X} Talk about the repairs around the Mansion.
{X} Talk about the incidents around the area.
>> No. 13582
{X} Request for a blood sample. Give her the information she asks for-- no more and no less.
--{X} If she asks if you're leaving something out, ask her to specify.
--{X} Offer something in return.

{X} Talk about the repairs around the Mansion.
{X} Talk about the incidents around the area.
>> No. 13587
[X] Request for a blood sample. Give her the information she asks for-- no more and no less.
--[X] If she asks if you're leaving something out, ask her to specify.
--[X] Offer something in return.

[X] Talk about the repairs around the Mansion.
[X] Talk about the incidents around the area.
>> No. 13596
[d] Request for a blood sample. Give her the information she asks for-- no more and no less.
--[a] If she asks if you're leaving something out, ask her to specify.
--[-] Offer something in return (An equal amount of your own blood?)

[z] Talk about the repairs around the Mansion.
[e] Talk about the incidents around the area.
>> No. 13597
File 123884791766.jpg- (74.13KB , 705x948 , remilia.jpg ) [iqdb]
13597
Loading User Commands:
[X] Request for a blood sample. (Custom)

---

"So this is the magic-user," says Remilia. "Looks like another unusual Outsider has turned up, but you never mentioned him at the shrine meeting."

Alice slowly puts down her cup.

"And you never mentioned your new butler," she says coldly. "Should I remind Reimu when I see her?"

"Fair enough," replies the vampire, turning to Grimnír. "I don't suppose this one has a name, does he?"

"Grimnír," he says. "Grimnír the Grey."

"Is it, now?" says Remilia. "Interesting. This one has a lot of potential. Can I have him?"

"He is my apprentice," whispers Alice. "And we have more urgent business to discuss."

"I wonder what that could be," says the vampire, her smile growing a little wider. "Indeed, why would the puppeteer of the Forest come all the way to my home? And why would she want to speak to me?"

Alice hesitates for a moment. She takes a long sip of tea before speaking again.

"We need a sample of your blood," she whispers.

At those words, he notices Grey position his right hand beside his coat pocket, ready to pull something out. The butler maintains a polite smile, though his eyes narrow slightly. Remilia, in contrast, doesn't look surprised at all. If anything, she seems amused.

"Pardon my curiosity," says Remilia. "But isn't this situation a little awkward? Why would you need my blood?"

"We need it to save Marisa's life," says Grimnír suddenly.

He takes a glance at Alice, who looks mildly surprised at his interruption. After a moment, the dollmaker gives him a small nod of approval, though she mouths the words "be careful" silently.

"Curiouser and curiouser," whispers the vampire. "Do explain the circumstances of our good friend, the black-white."

"She is hurt," he answers. "We need your blood to cure her."

"I see," says Remilia.

The vampire nibbles on a biscuit before looking straight at him with her crimson eyes.

"What is her injury?" she asks. "I've never heard of vampire blood used in medicine."

"She was attacked in the Forest by a lunatic," says Grimnír. "Some crazy guy carrying a trident."

"Really, now," comments Remilia lightly. "A trident-wielding youkai?"

"No, he was human," he replies. "At least, I think he was."

"An ordinary human who could take down Marisa?" says Remilia. "I've never thought that possible. The black-white is surprisingly resilient."

"He... wasn't ordinary," says Grimnír.

"How so?" whispers the vampire.

"He almost killed us," hisses Alice. "He raised a strange field of influence when we went after him. We were lucky to escape unharmed."

"A field of influence," repeats Remilia. "Could you explain it in more detail?"

"We are wasting time!" cries the puppeteer. "Why so many questions? You already know what we want!"

The vampire ignores the outburst, and she calmly finishes her biscuit before speaking again.

"So you two went down the rabbit-hole to help our good friend, and they told her that they need a sample of my blood?" she says.

"Err..." mumbles Grimnír.

"I wonder if the folks at Eientei can be trusted," whispers Remilia. "Kaguya was acting odd during the shrine meeting. Even Mokou noticed it."

"Wait, we didn't -" stammers Alice.

"Alright," says the vampire. "I'll give you the blood sample on one condition."

Upon hearing those words, a chill runs down Grimnír's spine. Then, the vampire raises a finger and points it straight at him. She can't possibly be thinking -

"I want him in exchange," says Remilia.

[ ] Accept.
[ ] Refuse.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13598
File 123886402480.jpg- (268.24KB , 823x990 , contract.jpg ) [iqdb]
13598
[!/] "Why would you require another employee when you already required such a handsome new one?"
[!/] "Such actions could be considered greedy if the Eientei folks just want your blood for their own self-serving purposes."
>> No. 13599
>>13598

That pic is so dead-on.
>> No. 13600
[x] "Greedy, aren't we? Recruiting a personal harem?" (jokingly)
[x] Accept. For now.
[x] Put Alice at ease.

We've already agreed that fighting here would be a bad move. If it gets us what we need to save Marisa, we don't have much of a choice. Besides, you know how Remilia is; there is a chance that this is just a test. Either way, we really don't have the time to work around this.

Also, I don't quite trust Eientei's motives, either... Maybe we can ask Remilia more about it, later.
>> No. 13603
[X] Accept.

Just feels like something I'd do.
>> No. 13604
[x] take a moment to discuss it with Alice
[x] Argue for declining, and taking the blood by force if necessary
>> No. 13605
[x] "Greedy, aren't we? Recruiting a personal harem?" (jokingly)
[x] Accept. For now.
[x] Put Alice at ease.
>> No. 13616
[x] "Greedy, aren't we? Recruiting a personal harem?" (jokingly)
[x] Accept. For now.
[x] Put Alice at ease.

Staying at the SDM again? Sure...
>> No. 13618
[X] "Greedy, aren't we? Recruiting a personal harem?" (jokingly)
[X] Accept. For now.
[X] Put Alice at ease.

This better not be permanent.
>> No. 13624
keine_sensei, you've played a lot of World of Darkness games, haven't you?
>> No. 13626
>>13624
Not really, but I do enjoy a good game of chess.
>> No. 13630
File 123892247260.jpg- (352.21KB , 800x800 , remilia.jpg ) [iqdb]
13630
Loading User Commands:
[X] Accept.
[X] Custom

---

"I want him in exchange," says Remilia.

At those words, Grimnír stays silent and takes a glance at the others. Alice looks both shocked and insulted, but she can't seem to find any words to say. Grey maintains a polite smile, though he looks a little confused. As he turns back to Remilia, he can see the vampire stare straight at him, a wide toothy smile upon her face. He takes a moment to clear his throat before speaking.

"Greedy, aren't we? Recruiting a personal harem?" he asks.

Remilia only smiles wider at those words. She takes a sip of tea before looking at him, then at Alice.

"If you don't feel that the trade is fair, then you are free to ask my younger sister instead," says Remilia. "I'm sure that she will enjoy the company."

"Ah! W-what are you saying! This is completely unaccepta-" mumbles Alice uneasily.

"I accept," he says.

"Yes, that's right!" cries the puppeteer. "There's no way he can - wait... what?"

"Wonderful!" says the vampire, clapping her hands together. "Then it is settled."

Remilia suddenly stands up and walks toward one of the numerous cabinets in the room, each easily twice her height. She opens it and starts searching for something. Then, the vampire effortlessly hovers to search the higher shelves. Her wings flap lazily as she does so. After a minute or so, she returns with something in her hands.

"This vial contains what you need," says Remilia. "A generous sample of vampire blood."

Wait a minute. Why does she have that in stock? Something is very strange here. As if reading his mind, Remilia gives him a small wink. Then, she hands the vial roughly into Alice's hands.

"Don't ask too many questions," says the vampire. "You now have what you need."

"Wait!" cries the dollmaker. "We haven't even -"

"It's alright, Alice," Grimnír says to her. "It will be alright."

"B-but -"

"Don't worry about me," he says. "Just make sure that Marisa recovers, alright? I'll be fine."

He forces a smile. For a moment, Alice looks like she is about to shove the vial back into Remilia's hands in disgust. But she calms down after looking at his eyes. Then, without warning, she runs up and holds him in a tight embrace. After a bit, he feels something hug the back of his head. Even Shanghai...

"I-I'll come back," whispers Alice softly.

They stay like that for a little bit longer before parting. Alice reluctantly pulls away poor Shanghai, who refuses to let go. When he finally turns back at the vampire, she looks extremely amused. Grey, on the other hand, looks almost apologetic.

"Grey," says Remilia. "Please escort Alice to the door."

"Of course," says Grey. "Now, Miss Alice, please come this way..."

The puppeteer holds the vial close to her chest as she follows the butler outside of the room. She pauses for a moment at the door, taking one last glance at him. Then, the door closes with one last click.

"..."

Grimnír swallows nervously as he realizes that he is now alone in the room with a dangerous and powerful vampire. As calmly as possible, he turns toward Remilia. He barely manages an uneasy smile as he looks into those deep crimson eyes.

"Well then," says Remilia. "I wonder how you taste~"

She licks her lips as she appraises him. He can't tell if she is seducing him, or she is just hungry, but he can't help but feel a little bit excited. Her ambiguous words echo in his mind again and again. No matter how hard he tries, he can't read her intentions.

"Ah! Well.. that is..." mumbles Grimnír. He almost trips on his feet as he takes a nervous step backward.

"I haven't had any for a long time~" whispers the vampire. For a moment, her eyes turn glassy, as if remembering a pleasant memory.

Suddenly, he realizes how extraordinarily beautiful this girl is, despite having a young appearance. Her skin is fair and unblemished. Her short blue hair falls neatly along her neck, contrasting perfectly with her deep crimson eyes. Her pink European style dress, though it isn't very revealing, contours and highlights her small and delicate figure.

[ ] Stay silent.
[ ] "Of the highest quality, I believe."
[ ] "Good enough, probably."
[ ] "I'm just average. Nothing special."
[ ] "Not good at all. I don't recommend it."
[ ] "Horrible. Just, horrible."
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13632
[x] “Well it’s not something I often think of, but I’m probably pretty tasty and well-marbled—why do you ask?
[x] "Do you maybe have... A Modest Proposal for me?”
>> No. 13636
[X] Stay silent.
>> No. 13637
[X] Stay silent

Could just be toying with ya and the rest of the reactionary comments would only seem to goad her into trying something...

As for any action I don't even...
>> No. 13640
File 123894506539.jpg- (53.27KB , 475x500 , 3e02f597b2ff921330b0c22e3b81ab54.jpg ) [iqdb]
13640
Blood for blood? Seems like a fair trade.
>> No. 13642
[X] Stay silent
>> No. 13663
[X] Stay silent.
>> No. 13690
[ze] Stay silent.
>> No. 13759
[x] "Like alcohol."
And then Grimnír was ZUN.
>> No. 13774
[X] Stay silent
[X] Take a seat

Show no trepidation on your accepted actions, Marisa wouldn't show any less than her grinning at danger...
>> No. 13775
>>"I haven't had any for a long time~" whispers the vampire. For a moment, her eyes turn glassy, as if remembering a pleasant memory.

[x] "You seem nostalgic."
>> No. 13783
File 123909060577.jpg- (458.66KB , 700x750 , remilia.jpg ) [iqdb]
13783
Loading User Commands:
[X] Stay silent.

---

"I haven't had any for a long time~" whispers the vampire. For a moment, her eyes turn glassy, as if remembering something pleasant. She starts giggling to herself, and then she gives him an almost gentle smile, with just a hint of mischief.

"..."

"Oh, don't be so nervous," she says. "It's not like I'm going to eat you or anything like that."

Without warning, Remilia vanishes from sight. Grimnír blinks stupidly for a moment, mouthing the word "huh" silently. Then, he hears someone breathing directly behind him.

"Unless you want me to~" she whispers.

"..."

Before he can turn around, the vampire grabs him by the shoulders and forces him to face forward. He struggles reflexively against the girl's hands, but to no avail. Her physical strength is definitely beyond that of a normal human. This young and beautiful girl must really be a vampire.

"Don't turn around or I will break your neck," says Remilia firmly.

Grimnír barely manages to stifle a gasp. Slowly and carefully, he nods his head to show that he understands.

"That's better," says the vampire.

She starts to loosen her grip on his shoulders, one finger at a time. Then, he feels her let go of him completely. He sighs silently in relief.

"Now take a seat over there," says Remilia. "You are too tall for me when standing."

"..."

Grimnír reluctantly obeys, taking his seat at the table once more. Just as ordered, he takes care not to turn around. He isn't in the position to refuse her, and he doesn't really feel like risking death. Yukari did say that he would have no chance against this vampire or her sister.

"Very good," she says. "Now stay very still."

"..."

He can hear her tiny footsteps as she walks closer behind him. In a few more seconds, he can feel her small hands gently stroke his shoulders and neck. She seems to be feeling around for something. Is she looking for a vein?

Before he can ask, he suddenly feels the vampire breathing heavily over the back of his neck. Remilia starts panting quietly, as if aroused. Or is she just famished? He can't tell which as he waits for her to act, frozen in place by both fear and anticipation. A faint, sweet aroma wafts into his nostrils from the girl, filling both his body and mind with wild excitement.

"Maybe... just a little..." whispers the vampire.

Suddenly, he feels her press her lips against his neck. He closes his eyes tightly as he awaits the sensation of her fangs against his skin. This must be the exchange that she meant. Blood for blood - a rather fair trade, actually. But as a minute passes, he realizes that she hasn't bit him. Slowly, he opens his eyes. Then, the girl pulls away from him softly, as if ending a kiss.

"Alright, this is enough," says Remilia.

The vampire calmly walks across the table back to her seat, as if nothing happened. She gives him a polite, business-like smile as she takes her teacup. After a sip and a biscuit, she turns to him.

"I need something from you," she says. "Rather, I need something you know. Understand that no harm will come to you if you cooperate."

"..."

"Now please," whispers Remilia. "Tell me everything you know about that human in the Forest."
>> No. 13784
File 123909075857.gif- (29.95KB , 305x405 , yukari.gif ) [iqdb]
13784
"He didn't say anything else?"

"No, he didn't," replies Grimnír. "He just walked away and disappeared. We didn't go after him, since it was dangerous."

She looks down into her teacup and stirs her tea idly. Then, she looks up at him, her eyes still in deep thought.

"I think I'm starting to understand," she says. "But I need some time to think..."

Grimnír only watches her. After he finished telling his story, her eyes were filled with something he couldn't place. Was it sadness? Regret? Anguish? Relief? Confusion? Or perhaps, it was a more complex combination of emotions. Vampires may feel them differently, after all.

"Anyway, as for you," says Remilia as she puts down her tea cup. "You can leave if you like."

"You are... letting me go?" says Grimnír.

"Of course not," replies the vampire. "However, I find that most humans are only useful to me once or twice in their lifetime. You can go about your own business until you are needed. I expect that you will respond to my call without question, once I give it."

"I guess I have to," he replies.

"Good," says Remilia. "Just stay within the mansion grounds for a couple of hours before you leave."

"Is that an order?" he asks.

"No," she says. "Just a little friendly advice."

...

Grimnír finds himself standing outside Remilia's chambers. Two hours is a long time. He should find something to do, unless he wants to leave immediately.

[ ] Wander around aimlessly.
[ ] Leave the mansion right now.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13786
Oh, God damn it...

We're more or less on the clock as far as curing Marisa is concerned...
But then again, I'd hesitate to go against the "friendly advice" Remilia gave us... We don't know what's going on outside the mansion grounds, and it obviously wouldn't do if we got ourselves killed while delivering the blood.

Hate to say it, but this is probably the best option:

[x] Ask Yukari.

We need to know why we wouldn't want to leave for Eientei right now. Remilia wouldn't tell us anything; this is probably a game to her, and she'd just stonewall us with uselessly cryptic responses. Yukari isn't much better in that regard (at all), but it's worth a shot.
>> No. 13787
[x] Ask Yukari.
>>13786
>We're more or less on the clock as far as curing Marisa is concerned...

There's nothing more we can do about that. All we can do is have faith in Alice and Eirin.
>> No. 13795
>>13784
[X] Ask Yukari.

Reasonable enough. I was going to suggest reading the book, but considering, the way Patchouli talked about it, I wonder how prudent it would be to read it in a strange locale.
>> No. 13796
>>13787

What I meant was that the sooner we get the blood back to Eientei, the better, since Marisa doesn't have all that much time.
>> No. 13797
[X] Ask Yukari

I'm all for asking her something but preferably in a more private setting, restroom or maybe in a hidden area within Voile? Also what exactly will we ask for; some show tunes to pass the time? Considering it's dangerous to be out atm at night considering the strange incidents such as the assaults on the mansion as well as the crazed trident wielder in the forest. What of Wriggle possibly following them unknowingly unless she's terrified of the mansion? arg so many questions...

>>13795

In terms of "that" book I'd rather have Alice around before messing around with it; considering Patchouli's earlier request of it being returned should anything happen...
>> No. 13822
>>13796
What are you talking about? Alice already left with it.

[x] See if you can find Grey. He may be able to shed some light on things.
>> No. 13823
File 123914712943.jpg- (387.46KB , 600x799 , dbd5eab7453aefb5df4737debf03bc46.jpg ) [iqdb]
13823
[!/] Use the codec to call Raiden Yukari.
>> No. 13830
[x] See if you can find Grey. He may be able to shed some light on things.

May as well shoot the breeze with the guy lol
>> No. 13838
>>13830
>>May as well shoot the breeze with the guy lol

Newfag question: On this site, is it acceptable to use "lol" in a sentence as if it were an actual word?
>> No. 13843
[ze] Ask Yukari
>> No. 13844
>>13838
Except to use it to increase the jackassosity or idiocy of a statement or an opinion, no.

>shoot the breeze with the guy lol
Unacceptable.

>I like how everyone's going "LET'S MAKE HER A MASS MURDERER LOL"
Acceptable.

I commend you for having the decency to ask.
>> No. 13846
File 12391956038.jpg- (53.03KB , 494x551 , yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
13846
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask Yukari.

---

"This place will do," mutters Grimnír.

He carefully closes the door behind him, taking care not to make a sound. Thankfully, there is no one else in the room. While he was wandering the halls, he knew immediately that this room wasn't locked. There was a gaping hole in place of a door knob when he saw the door.

A small sign that read, "Private" was stuck in front of the room, almost comically, since it was the only room that was obviously unlocked. Full of boxes and bags, the room looks like a storage area. There seem to be a variety of items in the room. Some of them look like they come from the Outside.

"Hey Yukari," he says, tugging at the front of his robe. "I think we can talk privately in here. Can I talk to you for a while?"

Slowly, a small gap forms in the robe, revealing a small figure in a frilly dress. The tiny person clumsily steps out of the gap, giving him a weak wave as she does so. After yawning a little bit, the little blonde girl pulls out a parasol from the gap before floating up and taking a seat on his shoulder.

"Just napping a bit," Yukari mumbles as she looks around. "Ah, so you managed to get inside the Mansion. What did I miss?"

"You were napping?" says Grimnír.

"Conserving energy," says the girl as she yawns again. "I had to deal with some trouble with the kappa a while ago, so I let this self rest a little."

"I see," he replies. "Well, I suppose you missed a few things..."

He patiently takes a couple of minutes to explain the situation. Somehow, they managed to obtain a sample of blood, but not without making a deal with Remilia. Now he has some time to wander around the Scarlet Devil Mansion, as recommended by the vampire's friendly advice.

"Ara~" says Yukari. "So that's what she wanted..."

"You know what's happening?" asks Grimnír.

The little girl looks at him thoughtfully before replying.

"Maybe~ Maybe not~" she says. "Does it matter?"

Grimnír gives her a shrug. If she doesn't want to explain, this girl could probably talk around him for days. There isn't any need to waste time. He decides not to push the issue. They can talk about something else.

"We have a couple of hours to kill," he says. "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," says Yukari cheerfully.

"I don't much care where -" says Grimnír.

"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," says Yukari.

"- so long as I get somewhere," adds Grimnír as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," says the tiny girl, "If you only walk long enough."

He opens his mouth to argue, but finds that this logic cannot be denied. Then, he plants his palm on his face in frustration. Yukari only smiles wider as she watches him. She seems to be thoroughly enjoying this. Grimnír decides to try another question.

"What sort of people live about here?" he asks.

"As you already know," says Yukari. "The vampire Remilia stays here, in the second floor. There are a number of other rooms, including those for guests and those for storage. There might be a few more interesting places as well, though I don't recommend snooping around too much."

"I see," says Grimnír.

"Most of the residents stay in the first floor," she says. "The magician Patchouli and her familiar Koakuma stay in the Voile Library, which you already visited. Downstairs, you can find the dining room, kitchen, ball room, and several more rooms for various functions. The fairy maids have their quarters there, too. The chief maid, a human named Sakuya, has her own room around that floor, though I discourage bumping into her."

"Hmm," says Grimnír.

"There are two more characters of note," says Yukari. "The gate guard, whose name eludes me, stays outside. I'm not really sure where she sleeps. And the other vampire, the younger sister Flandre, stays in her own room in the basement."

"How about that butler?" he says. "I think his name was Grey."

Yukari pauses at this question for several moments. Then, she turns and frowns at him.

"That person wasn't here before..." she says slowly.

"..."

[ ] Stay in the storage room.
[ ] Head to Remilia's room.
[ ] Head to the Voile library.
[ ] Head outside.
[ ] Head to the basement.
[ ] Wander around the 2nd floor.
[ ] Wander around the 1st floor.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13847
[X] Head to the Voile library
Just two hours or so... Assuming Remilia's advice is to be taken seriously, it's time well spent on improving or expanding thy skills before heading out. The library seems to be the safest place to practice as well especially if Patchouli is around; also on the assumption that she even becomes interested in the first place...

[X] Custom
Try convincing Patchouli in providing some bit of guidance on offensive magic, even if two hours is too short for a real session.
>> No. 13852
[ ] Head to the Voile library.
>> No. 13860
>>13846
[X] Head to the Voile library
[X] Describe the strange magic he's been able to use, the strange 'miasma of color and shape.'

I'd like to get an elemental magician's take on that.
>> No. 13863
>>13860

She probably couldn't tell us much more than we already know; it's fundamentally elementless, formed by either the presence or absence of all traditional elements.

...But, I guess she might give us some clues. And besides, Grey sometimes hangs around there when he isn't working (we had an A in the Patchy and Koa routes.)

[X] Head to the Voile library
[X] Describe the strange magic he's been able to use, the strange 'miasma of color and shape.'
[x] See if there's anything else she can is willing to teach you.
>> No. 13866
[X] Head to the Voile library
[X] Describe the strange magic he's been able to use, the strange 'miasma of color and shape.'
>> No. 13876
[X] Head to the Voile library
[X] Describe the strange magic he's been able to use, the strange 'miasma of color and shape.'
[X] See if there's anything else she is willing to teach you.
>> No. 13888
[X] Head to the Voile library
[X] Describe the strange magic he's been able to use, the strange 'miasma of color and shape.'
[X] See if there's anything else she is willing to teach you.

In before Sexy Koakuma Hijinks.

And it should be worth noting that something Yukari does not know --like Grey-- is something to be concerned about.
Remember how people have been reacting to Remi hiring a man? (Or maybe I'm thinking of Flea)
>> No. 13892
File 12392779201.jpg- (75.63KB , 610x800 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
13892
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head to the Voile library.
[X] Custom

---

"Hello again Miss," says Grimnír.

"Ah!" cries the bat-winged girl. "You are the one from earlier."

"Sorry for the trouble," he says. "I was wondering if..."

"N-no problem," stammers the girl. "So you came back safely, after all. I will lead you to her right now."

"Eh? But I haven't even -"

The red-haired girl gives him a cute little wink in reply. Then, she quickly finishes shelving a few books before heading deep into the library. Fearing that he may get lost, Grimnír just shrugs his suspicions away and follows after her. She is probably the familiar that Yukari mentioned. For some reason, he can't remember her name, as it was only mentioned in passing.

Grimnír glances at the different shelves as they pass. Most of the titles are unintelligible to him, though he spots a number of books in English. Some of them are clearly related to magic, while others cover various subjects. A few, like "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "The Black Cat", seem to be from the Outside. Wait, are those first edition copies? How did they come across items like that?

...

"The magic-user has returned," states Patchouli. She turns a page of her book and continues reading, though she seems to have acknowledged his presence.

"Ah, yes," mumbles Grimnír. "About that. I'm not really a full fledged mage yet. Actually, I only started learning magic a few days ago when Marisa found me in the Forest of Magic."

"A few days ago?" repeats the magician. Her eyes pause for a split-second in mild surprise.

"From my clothes at that time, Marisa said that I must be an Outsider," he says. "I only started wearing these robes when she and Alice decided to teach me magic."

"An Outsider," says Patchouli. She continues reading, albeit a little slower.

"Yes, like that fellow Grey," says Grimnír.

"Interesting," replies the magician.

"..."

An awkward silence passes, as he isn't sure how to reply. He looks around to see that the red-haired girl has already left. Perhaps she has other work to do in the library. Alone with the elemental magician, he contemplates on how to approach her.

"E-er, Alice mentioned that you are magician as well," he says.

"Correct."

"Well, I was wondering if I could ask you to teach me a little bit," continues Grimnír. "I'm only a beginner, and I don't know much, but I'm willing to learn what I can. Please don't trouble yourself if I am being a bother, though. I'd hate to be -"

Without warning, the magician raises a hand to silence him. Then, without looking up, she points to one of the books on her desk. Grimnír glances at the book. It doesn't have any title written on it. He looks up at Patchouli, puzzled.

"I'm only lending it," she says. "Return it when you are finished."

"Ah!" cries Grimnír. "T-thank you, I think?"

Patchouli simply lowers her hand and returns to her reading. Seems like she really loves books. If anything else, she may actually be encouraging him to read. Perhaps he should visit the Voile Library again, if he has the chance. Of course, that would have to wait until his urgent business is concluded.

Grimnír takes a glance around. Looks like he is still alone with Patchouli. That red-haired girl isn't anywhere in sight. He still has quite a bit of time to kill until he needs to leave.

Read something?
[ ] Start reading the untitled book.
[ ] Start reading the book, "Theoretical Boundary Binding and Intervention"
[ ] Continue studying the beginner's magic book, "Basic Magical Theory and Simple Applications"
[ ] Look for something else to read.
[ ] Don't read.
[ ] Custom

What's a nice spot?
[ ] Sit close to Patchouli.
[ ] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.
[ ] Sit far from Patchouli.
[ ] Find another place to read.
[ ] You need to leave the library.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13893
[ ] Start reading the untitled book.
[ ] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.
>> No. 13894
[x] Start reading the untitled book.
[x] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.
>> No. 13895
[x] Start reading the untitled book.
[x] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.

Who knows what's beyond its nondescript cover... Plus she did lent it, despite already lending the Boundary book.
>> No. 13896
[x] Throw a book at Patchouli.
>> No. 13903
[X] Start reading the untitled book.
[X] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.
>> No. 13904
[x] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.

Best not get all up in Grey's grill.
>> No. 13907
>>13896

Oh, hey >>/border/15184
>> No. 13916
[z] Start reading the untitled book.
[e] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.
>> No. 13924
File 12393535693.jpg- (432.38KB , 847x600 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
13924
"A-are you sure that this is going to help me learn magic?"

"Correct."

"I still don't understand. M-maybe we shouldn't -"

"If you are hesitant, then I will start it myself."

"W-wait! W-what are you -"

Suddenly, Patchouli interrupts him with her lips. As Grimnír's eyes widen in shock, she continues her attack by pressing her body hard against him. The sensation of her soft, sweet lips is intoxicating, and he can feel her delicate curves rub against him through their clothing. She starts probing her tongue to part his lips, desperately seeking its partner. Then, he regains control. Immediately, he pushes away the pink and purple magician.

"N-no!" he cries out. "We can't do this! This isn't right!"

"..."

The magician lies on the ground, rubbing her arms and legs. She looks up at him, tears silently welling in her eyes.

"A-am I not good enough?" whispers Patchouli.

"Ah! W-well, that is..." mumbles Grimnír as he looks away from the girl.

"I'm worthless aren't I," she says listlessly. "I always read alone in the library. I don't go out much, due to my health. And I'm no good at talking to other people. I'm just worthless..."

"That isn't true," says Grimnír. "In fact, I'd have to say that you are actually very cute. I was just uncomfortable with the whole situation."

"Liar," replies the magician. "I'm not pretty at all."

"I'm telling the truth!" he cries. "If you weren't so beautiful just now, then I wouldn't have been so nervous. I barely stopped myself from betraying someone important to me."

Patchouli gasps slightly in surprise. As she slowly stands herself up, she looks at him seriously.

"You have feelings for someone else?" she asks.

"Well, I guess..." says Grimnír sheepishly.

"I'm sorry!" says the magician. "I-I really didn't know!"

"It's alright," he replies. "Nothing happened, so everything is fine."

"You shouldn't have lied though," says Patchouli sadly. "I know that I'm not beautiful. I'm just a lonely misfit who hangs around books all day in the library."

"I wasn't lying," returns Grimnír. "You are a lovely girl."

"Then why," cries Patchouli. "Why won't my feelings reach him?"

"Eh?"

The magician lowers her head to hide her tears.

"No matter how hard I try," she says. "No matter how often we are together, he doesn't seem to see me as anything other than a friend. I thought that I could be patient. Maybe he just needs more time, I told myself. But it hurts."

She puts her hands to her chest, holding it tightly.

"It hurts so much when I think about how alone I really am."

"..."

An awkward silence passes between them.

"Can I ask you a favor?" says Patchouli.

"Sure, as long as it's within reason," he replies.

"Will you please kiss me?" she whispers.

"Eh? B-but that is..."

"Don't misunderstand," says Patchouli. "I just want to know how it feels. I just need to be reminded of what I'm yearning for. I just want to feel a little less lonely..."

Grimnír hesitates as he thinks about his options, but as he watches the magician's downcast face, he realizes that there is only one thing to do.

"Alright," he says. "But only as a friend."

"I understand."

Still shaking a little bit, he places his hands on her bare shoulders. Patchouli gasps silently at his touch, but she doesn't run away. He immediately becomes aware that the girl is shivering, but not from the cold. Unlike her earlier attack, she seems extremely nervous as she looks away from his gaze.

"A-are you sure you can do this?" she whispers.

"Yes," he says.

She turns back to him and closes her eyes in surrender. Delicately, he lowers his lips toward her mouth. He, too, closes his eyes as he nears her lips. She doesn't resist as they make contact. In fact, she seems too nervous to kiss him back. Slowly and patiently, he rubs his lips against hers. After a few moments, she starts moving her lips, returning the kiss clumsily.

Then, to his surprise, their kiss begins to burn passionately as they feel each others' feelings. But he doesn't pull away, and neither does she. Because, he too, has been feeling alone all this time. Only a few minutes later do they finally part. When he opens his eyes, he finds Patchouli smiling peacefully at him.

Her gaze turns to the side lazily. Then, her eyes suddenly widen in horror. Her mouth opens in shock, and her hands start to turn cold. Grimnír swallows nervously as he lets go of the magician and turns around.

Standing behind him is a familiar man dressed in a simple traveller's coat and pants ensemble in the style of early 18th century Europe. The newcomer smiles hollowly at the two of them as he lowers his tray on a nearby table.

"I brought tea," says Grey, his voice completely absent of any emotion.
>> No. 13925
File 123937584358.jpg- (64.32KB , 800x534 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
13925
Loading User Commands:
[X] Start reading the untitled book.
[X] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.

---

Grimnír decides to take the seat opposite the pink and purple magician. The desk is quite wide, and there are several stacks of books between them. His view of Patchouli is partially obstructed, but from here, he can easily talk to the girl without being inappropriately close to her.

As he sits down, the magician gives him the smallest of nods (if he looked away for even a second, he would have missed it). The gesture seems to be one of approval. His seat isn't too close that he would make her feel uncomfortable, and it isn't too far that he would alienate her. He returns the gesture with a smile as he opens the untitled book before him.

"..."

The first page of the book is blank, so he immediately turns to the next. However, he doesn't see any text on the next page. Instead of words, the book contains a detailed illustration of a long, empty hall that is lit up by a row of lamps hanging from the roof. He doesn't recognize the page, and there is no caption for the picture, so he simply turns to the next page.

The next page contains a picture of the hallway from another point-of-view. This time, he can see that there are doors all round the hall, up to the end. At the corner of the illustration is a little three-legged table, all made of solid glass. There is nothing on it except a tiny key.

For some reason, this picture seems familiar, so Grimnír turns to the next page. On the next illustration, he sees a person walking down the hall. From this angle, he can see that the person is clearly a young man dressed in grey robes. There is nothing notable about the man except for a single, strange bracelet on his wrist. He squints as he examines the picture more closely. The bracelet seems to have an engraving of a snake on it. Wait, isn't that -

...

Grimnír opened his eyes and found himself in a long, low hall, which was lit up by a row of lamps hanging from the roof. There were doors all round the hall, but they were all locked; and when Grimnír had been all the way down one side and up the other, trying every door, he walked sadly down the middle, wondering how he was ever to get out again.

Suddenly he came upon a little three-legged table, all made of solid glass; there was nothing on it except a tiny golden key. Then, Grimnír realized that he was inside the book he had been reading.

"Oh, you have to be shitting me..." thought Grimnír aloud, though no one could hear him.

He quickly checked his pockets and robes, and found that he had somehow lost his sack. Aside from his robes, the only thing he had still with him was the bracelet on his wrist.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 13929
>>13924: First I was all HHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH then at the end I was ಠ_ಠ to which it eventually cracked to a good laugh.

>>13925:
[X]Rather than randomly select a door to test the key, try inspecting each door for anything out of the ordinary. If all are equally non-descriptive, then attempt to use the key on the farthest door away upon initially finding the key.
>> No. 13934
[x] Rather than randomly select a door to test the key, try inspecting each door for anything out of the ordinary. If all are equally non-descriptive, then attempt to use the key on the farthest door away upon initially finding the key.
>> No. 13935
[x] Rather than randomly select a door to test the key, try inspecting each door for anything out of the ordinary. If all are equally non-descriptive, then attempt to use the key on the farthest door away upon initially finding the key.

Couldn't have come up with a better option myself.
>> No. 13939
[x] Rather than randomly select a door to test the key, try inspecting each door for anything out of the ordinary. If all are equally non-descriptive, then attempt to use the key on the farthest door away upon initially finding the key.

For one thing just picking any door looks like Grim's got no focus; not to mention for all Grim knows any or all of the doors could be a trap. Symbolically, showing he's willing to put the effort in finding answers regardless of how far away they may be might be the answer to this seemingly chance-game situation...
>> No. 13945
[x] Rather than randomly select a door to test the key, try inspecting each door for anything out of the ordinary. If all are equally non-descriptive, then attempt to use the key on the farthest door away upon initially finding the key.

Did mini-Yukari come with us?

>>13924
I hope there's another one of these planned for Sakuya.
>> No. 13946
>>13924

So it's just an alternate scene, or actual event?

>Hope there's one planned for Sakuya

NOW I'VE LOST IT.

Earl still owes her that mirror.
>> No. 13947
>>13946
> So it's just an alternate scene, or actual event?
:>
>> No. 13950
[z] Rather than randomly select a door to test the key, try inspecting each door for anything out of the ordinary. If all are equally non-descriptive, then attempt to use the key on the farthest door away upon initially finding the key.
[e] Is Yukari with him?

>>13925
>"Oh, you have to be shitting me..."
This is one of the most believable and enjoyable reactions that he has ever had.
>> No. 13955
File 123943682063.jpg- (61.16KB , 800x600 , yukari_nap.jpg ) [iqdb]
13955
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

Grimnír turned his attention back to the little three-legged table, and after a moment of hesitation, he took the tiny golden key into his hands. His first thought was that it might belong to one of the doors of the hall, so he carefully inspected each door for anything out of the ordinary. Unfortunately for him, he found that every door was not only plain and non-descript, but each looked exactly the same as the other. Then, the young man tried the key on each door, starting from the farthest, but alas! either the locks were too large, or the key was too small, but at any rate it would not open any of them.

However, on the second time round, he came upon a low curtain he had not noticed before, and behind it was a little door about fifteen inches high. He tried the little golden key in the lock, and to his great relief it fitted!

Grimnír opened the door and found that it led into a small passage, not much larger than a rat-hole. He knelt down and looked along the passage into the loveliest sunflower field he ever saw. He knew immediately that he had to get out there somehow, despite an unexplainable feeling of dread, but he could not even get his head through the doorway.

There seemed to be no use in waiting by the little door, so he went back to the table, knowing that if this story was anything like he remembered, he might find something useful waiting for him. But what he found was a bit different from what he expected.

"What the hell?," said Grimnír aloud. "Three bottles? That isn't how this goes!"

And indeed, upon the table was not one but three little bottles ('which certainly weren't here before,' thought Grimnír) and round the neck of each was a little paper label, with the words "DRINK ME" beautifully printed on it in large letters.

It was all very well to say 'Drink me,' but wise Grimnír was not going to do that in a hurry. Instead, he tugged upon the front of his robe and called upon someone named Yukari. Several minutes he spent calling for his strange companion, but alas! she did not answer. After it became clear that she was not with him, he sighed and stared back at the bottles on the table.

"Goddammit Yukari," said Grimnír. For the first time he could remember, he actually felt like he needed for her to pop out, but this time, he knew that he was alone.

Having no better idea, he turned back to the bottles and took a sniff of each. The aroma of the first bottle reminded him of mint and sweet herbs. The aroma of the second bottle reminded him of cinammon and honey. The aroma of the third bottle reminded him of chocolate and cream.

[ ] Drink from the first bottle, which smells of mint and sweet herbs.
[ ] Drink from the second bottle, which smells of cinammon and honey.
[ ] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 13959
[x] Where's Alice?

How can it be a Wonderland reference if Alice isn't here?
It is most certainly a Wonderland reference, and therefore she must be here somewhere.

So said the cat.


Oh, and also:

[x] Drink from the first bottle, which smells of mint and sweet herbs.

I dare not drink the second, as I do not know what "cinammon" is. I dare not drink the third because I do not know what cream would smell like.

I'd ask the cat, but he doesn't always tell.
>> No. 13960
[x] Sigh and mumble to yourself. "Where's Alice?"
[x] Drink from the first bottle, which smells of mint and sweet herbs.
>> No. 13965
[X] Mix then all together, then drink.
>> No. 13968
[X] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.

What can possibly go wrong?
>> No. 13969
>>[] Mix then all together, then drink.

Glutton option never works.
Go back to /border/, Yuyuko.
>> No. 13970
[z] Sigh and mumble to yourself. "Where's Alice?"
[e] Drink from the first bottle, which smells of mint and sweet herbs.
>> No. 13973
Oddly enough, I think the drinks might correspond to a girl.
>> No. 13974
>>13973

I thought that too, but I couldn't see any correlation between the scents and the touhous.
>> No. 13985
>>13974

It's a bit of a forced connection, but if I had to guess :

Alice - Mint and Sweet Herbs (Refinement?)
Marisa - Cinnamon and Honey (Sense of Outdoorsness? Forest Sect? Might also be Wriggle. EDIT : Just occured to me. Cinnamon is a spice, while honey is golden. This tips it further to Marisa, I think.)
Yukari - Chocolate and Cream (Richness/Powerful?)
>> No. 13986
[X] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.
>> No. 13987
[x] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.
>> No. 13988
[x] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.
>> No. 13989
>Chocolate and Cream (Richness/Powerful?)

Full-bodied. I think that's the pun-like construction I was thinking of.
>> No. 13990
[x] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.
>> No. 13991
[x] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.
>> No. 13992
My votespam sense it tingling...
...but I can't prove it.

Also, I don't really care.
>> No. 13998
[x] Drink from the second bottle, which smells of cinammon and honey.

>>13992
>votespam sense
You should get that calibrated.
>> No. 14002
[X] Drink from the second bottle, which smells of cinammon and honey.

I don't know why, but it just makes me think of Marisa...
>> No. 14003
[x] Drink from the second bottle, which smells of cinnamon and honey.
>> No. 14013
[x] Open all three and smear the drinks all over yourself.
>> No. 14015
>>14013

ಠ_ಠ

>>13896
>>/border/15184

Seriously, who the fuck are you?
>> No. 14043
[X] Drink from the second bottle, which smells of cinammon and honey.

fighting against the tide...
>> No. 14057
File 123971099272.jpg- (4.33KB , 280x157 , grin.jpg ) [iqdb]
14057
Loading User Commands:
[X] Drink from the third bottle, which smells of chocolate and cream.

---

Grimnír ventured to taste the contents of the third bottle, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of custard, tiramisu, flan parfait, moist chocolate cake, vanilla icecream, and hot cocoa,) he very soon finished it off.

"What a curious feeling!" said Grimnír. "I must be going colorblind. Wonderful..."

And so it was indeed: everything in the room was a different shade of grey, and he planted a palm on his forehead at the thought that he just drank an unknown poisonous or hallucinogenic substance. He waited for a few minutes to see if he was going to start seeing flying pink elephants or other strange things of that sort. Grimnír felt more than a little nervous about this, since going colorblind isn't usually a good thing.

"For it might end, you know," said Grimnír to himself, "in my going completely blind or insane altogether."

After a while, finding that nothing more happened, he decided on checking the room for more clues, but, alas! He circled the hall once, and then twice, but found himself no better equipped to open any of the locked doors. Then, when he got back to the table, he found that all the bottles had vanished. And so did the little golden key.

"Of course they all vanished!" said Grimnír. "If they all stayed still, like good little inanimate objects, then this story would make far too much sense, now wouldn't it?"

Frustrated and annoyed, the young man started pacing along the halls, half-expecting something equally unexpected to appear. And to his surprise (and chagrin) something did. Soon his eye fell on a strange purple door that definitely wasn't there before.

"Well, why not?" said Grimnír. "Things can't get much more confusing."

He carefully checked the door, and finding it unlocked, he stepped through. And by the time he noticed, he found himself walking along a strange path in the woods. Of course, he took a glance behind him, and finding no trace of the purple door, he shrugged and continued walking.

"Which way? Which way?" said Grimnír to himself as he followed the path.

His surroundings were still in various shades of grey. Figuring that the drink might take a while to wear off, he simply continued on forward, trying as best as he can to prepare for the next foolish thing. In a place like this, he couldn't help but expect nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid to assume that anything go on in the common way.

So he set off on the path, and very soon he encountered something new. Grimnír would have missed it if he wasn't so observant. Near the bushes along the path, he can see an eerie grin smiling at him in the darkness. Could that be a cat of some sort?

[ ] Ignore it.
[ ] Talk to it.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14060
[X] Custom : Observe it for any sudden movements, if nothing...
[X] Talk to it : "Like what you see or is there something comical I'm unaware of..?"

If it's anything like "that cat" in the original story, better to keep a conversation going to gain as many clues if at all possible. This is of course if it's a cat and "sociable" to begin with...
>> No. 14062
[X] Custom: Observe it for any sudden movements, if nothing...
[X]Talk to it: "I've often seen a face without a grin; but a grin without a face! Okay, you've made me curious. Is there something comical I'm not aware of?"
>> No. 14068
[X] Custom : Observe it for any sudden movements, if nothing...
[X] Talk to it : "Like what you see or is there something comical I'm unaware of..?"
>> No. 14090
[~] Custom: Observe it for any sudden movements, if nothing...
[z] Talk to it: "I've often seen a face without a grin; but a grin without a face!"
[e] "Okay, you've made me curious. Is there something comical I'm not aware of?"

Slight reformatting of >>14062 , but essentially the same. Correct dialogue vote is correct.
>> No. 14091
Changing vote:

[X] Observe it for any sudden movements, if nothing...
[X]Talk to it: "I've often seen a face without a grin; but a grin without a face? So, do you just like what you see, or is there something comical I'm not aware of?"

A compromise is fine too.
>> No. 14098
[X] Observe it for any sudden movements, if nothing...
[X]Talk to it: "I've often seen a face without a grin; but a grin without a face? So, do you just like what you see, or is there something comical I'm not aware of?"
>> No. 14114
File 123983944518.jpg- (52.02KB , 465x640 , yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
14114
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

Grimnír stopped in his tracks and observed the strange grin in the darkness. As he watched, the grin only grew wider, as if aware (and perhaps pleased?) that he had spotted it. The grin looked good-natured, he thought. Still, it hadn't shown its face and it could be hiding a hint of mischief, so he felt that he ought to be a bit cautious.

"Well! I've often seen a face without a grin; but a grin without a face?" said Grimnír.

While he was looking at the place where it had been, it suddenly stepped out to show itself. The owner of the grin was a small blonde girl (about a foot and a half tall) in a pink and purple dress. She had a pink poofy hat with a red ribbon tied in front. As he watched in wonder, the girl pulled out a familiar looking parasol from the darkness.

"Yukari?" asked Grimnír. "So, do you just like what you see, or is there something comical I'm not aware of?"

The girl only grinned wider as she shook her head.

"I am a Cheshire cat," said the girl. She only grinned wider when he frowned at her answer.

"You don't look like a cat," argued Grimnír.

To his surprise, the girl turned around to show him a long yellow tail poking out from under her dress. Smiling at his reaction, she removed her hat to show a pair of cat ears protruding from her long blonde hair. Then, as she replaced the hat, she smiled cheerfully at him.

"You may call me Cheshire Puss, if you like~" said the Cat.

Grimnír was not much surprised at this, as he was getting so used to queer things happening. Instead, he decided to try to talk to the Cat, since it is capable of speech.

"Cheshire Puss," he began. "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to~" said the Cat.

Somehow, this conversation felt familiar, and he thought that nothing good would come out of it, so he tried another question.

"What sort of people live about here?" he asked.

"In that direction," the Cat said, waving its parasol toward the right, "lives a Hatter, and in that direction," waving the parasol the other way, "lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Grimnír remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Grimnír.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Before he could deny it, something caught his attention, suddenly. From the side of his eye, he could see someone running through the woods behind the Cat. It was only a moment, but it looked like a young girl dressed in a light blue dress with pink ribbons. She had a large black book in her arms as she hurried along.

Was that Alice?

[ ] Visit the 'Hatter'.
[ ] Visit the 'March Hare'.
[ ] Chase after 'Alice'.
[ ] Stay with the 'Cheshire Cat'.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14115
[x] Ask if the Cheshire Cat wants to go with you on your journey
[x] Chase after Alice
>> No. 14116
[X] "How do you know you're not ma- You know what? Never mind."
[X] Chase after Alice
[X] While running, call back: "You're welcome to follow, if you don't mind the company of another mad person."

Though going through the normal storyline would be tempting, I want to see where this leads.
>> No. 14118
>>14114
[X] Chase after 'Alice'.
>> No. 14119
[X] Chase after 'Alice'.
>> No. 14120
{X} Chase after 'Alice'.
>> No. 14121
[ze] Chase after 'Alice.'
>> No. 14122
>>14120
...That was some creepy timing, there.
>> No. 14135
File 123992522850.jpg- (134.86KB , 500x707 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
14135
Loading User Commands:
[X] Chase after 'Alice'.

---

From the side of his eye, Grimnír could see someone running through the woods. It was only for a moment, but it looked like a young blonde girl in a light blue dress. She had a large black book in her arms as she hurried along.

"Was that 'Alice'?" he thought.

He turned back to the Cat and gave it a polite bow.

"I shall take my leave," he said. "Thanks for the directions."

The Cat only grinned at him, and then it vanished. Grimnír waited a little, half expecting to see it again, but it did not appear, and after a minute or two he ran in the direction that the young girl went. "While I might have to visit the March Hare at some point," he said to himself; "Alice herself may be a better person to talk to." As he said this, he looked up, and there was the Cat again, sitting on a branch of a tree.

"By-the-bye, what became of the spoon?" said the Cat. "I'd nearly forgotten to ask."

"Huh? There was no spoon," Grimnír said. "And while I don't mind it, you shouldn't keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly: you could make others quite giddy."

"All right," said the Cat. This time, it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

"That Cat and her really aren't that different, now that I think about it," he commented.

He had not gone much farther before he came in sight of the young girl. She was standing before the tallest oak he has ever seen, and she seemed to be searching for something. Instead of the book he saw earlier, the girl now had a small doll in her hands.

"Can't find it... can't find it," she muttered as she circled the oak.

"Is your name Alice?" said Grimnír. "And what can't you find?"

"The exit," she whispered. She said nothing more as she continued circling, pausing on occasion to examine the ground closely.

As he watched the young girl, who looked around eleven or twelve years old, something strange began to happen. Everything around him was beginning to lose color ("Again", he told himself), and as he rubbed his eyes, he couldn't help but see the world in shades of grey. Even the girl's beautiful golden hair turned into the dull color of a metal fence.

"Not here," said the girl. "And not here, either."

Then, Grimnír blinked in surprise as he saw another purple door on the left side of the great oak. Still confused, he scratched his head as he approached the door, which was definitely not there before. He turned to the girl, but by her reaction, she couldn't see it.

"I suppose that I'm supposed to open this," he said to himself quietly.

[ ] Go through the door alone.
[ ] Tell the girl to come with you.
[ ] Ignore the door.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14139
[x] Tell the girl to come with you.
>> No. 14141
[ ] Tell the girl to come with you.
>> No. 14142
[X] Tell the girl to come with you.
>> No. 14146
File 12399474743.jpg- (523.77KB , 870x687 , 2649082.jpg ) [iqdb]
14146
[x] Tell the girl to come with you.

New plan: assemble a party of classic literature protagonists. All of them are played by Alice.
>> No. 14147
[x] Take the girl home~
>> No. 14169
File 124003067983.jpg- (211.42KB , 595x842 , marisa.jpg ) [iqdb]
14169
Loading User Commands:
[X] Tell the girl to come with you.

---

"I guess that I'm supposed to open this," said Grimnír.

Seeing that there was nothing more sensible to do, he tested the door knob, and to his relief, the purple door was unlocked. He turned around and called out to the young girl.

"Hey Alice," he cried. "I found the exit, I think."

The young girl ran up to him, and without another word, she stepped through the door. He hurried after the girl and was only half-surprised that they arrived at the sunflower field. Recognizing it immediately as the one he sought earlier, Grimnír couldn't help but smile as he stepped into the afternoon sun.

"You can open them now," whispered the girl.

"Huh? What do you mean?" replied Grimnír.

"I mean what I say, and I say what I mean," she said, pouting. "You can open them now! You can!"

"What? Are you talking about the doors?" he asked.

"You can open them," said the girl. "You can open them and step into something new."

"What the... can't you just tell me clearly what you are trying to -"

Then, the world began to spin and blur. He felt world turn upside-down and inside-out as his senses were bombarded with painful combinations of flashing lights and color. He could only hear her last word before everything around spun completely out of control.

"Remember," she said.

...

Someone is calling out for his name. He is starting to lose his focus, as well as his patience. Don't they understand that he doesn't want to be disturbed? And he feels like someone shaking him now. How annoying.

"Hey! Don't just ignore me!" cries the voice.

"Eh? W-what?" says Grimnír. "Stop shaking me."

"Finally," says the voice. "Did you not hear me calling out for you all this time?"

He blinks stupidly as he recognizes the cause of the disturbance. Without putting down the book, he stares blankly at her for almost a minute before speaking.

"Alice?" he says.

"Yes, it's me," she says. "I've come back to get you."

Then, a small doll floats right in front of him, between his face and the book. A small worried expression is on its face as it gently shakes his arm. It takes him a little while to remember the name.

"I'm alright, Shanghai," says Grimnír. He immediately closes the book and gently pats her on the head. The little doll giggles silently as he ruffles her hair.

"What was wrong with him?" Alice says as she turns to Patchouli.

"Nothing," says the pink and purple wizard.

"But he wouldn't respond until now!" she argues.

"He was reading," replies Patchouli. "Focused on learning."

"..."

Alice turns around and gives him a questioning glance. He simply replies with a shrug, as he isn't exactly sure what just happened. The dollmaker frowns and sighs reluctantly.

"Well, at least you are alright," she says. "We need to go back right away."

"Go back? To Eientei?" he says.

"That's right," says Alice, smiling. "Eirin is manufacturing the cure as we speak. She said that she should have it ready by this evening. Marisa's going to be alright!"

Grimnír pauses before speaking.

[ ] Go back with Alice to Eientei.
[ ] Stay in the library a little longer.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14170
[X] Go back with Alice to Eientei.
>> No. 14171
[ ] Go back with Alice to Eientei.
>> No. 14172
File 124003279888.jpg- (51.12KB , 413x720 , keine_sensei.jpg ) [iqdb]
14172
[X] Inventory
A neatly handwritten note. Alice wrote it.
A short pamphlet. "A Draft of Spell Card Rules"
A small sack. It can hold a lot of items.
A long walking stick. It looks sturdy.
A hooded cloak. It can cover your head from the rain.
A set of grey robes. It has many pockets.
A small pouch full of mushrooms. You have no idea what they do.
A beginner's magic book. "Basic Magical Theory and Simple Applications"
An ornate silver bracelet. Engraved on it is a serpent biting its own tail.
A spell card. "Logos Sign「Calculated Risk」"
(5) Several blank spell cards. You can inscribe spells on them.
A small calling card. The name "Yukari Yakumo" is written on one side.
A large syringe from Dr. Yagokoro. It is filled with a luminescent blue substance.
A small unmarked envelope. Yukari was in it.
An empty syringe. Dr. Yagokoro said that its tip made from lunarian silver.
A mysterious spell book. "Theoretical Boundary Binding and Intervention"
A strange untitled book. Patchouli lent it to you.
>> No. 14173
[ ] Go back with Alice to Eientei.
>> No. 14175
[ ] Stay in the library a little longer.

Destroy the chain why don't I?
>> No. 14176
[X] Go back with Alice to Eientei.

Hooray!
>> No. 14177
>>14172
Shouldn't mini-Yukari be in our inventory?
>> No. 14178
>>14177
You consider her as an item?
>> No. 14185
Server reconnected at: >>14183
>> No. 14413
>>14178
...You don't?


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x