[Return]
Archived thread

File 123672117355.jpg - (142.37KB , 850x637 , sample-e7fe5bf510011d3851afbe7e1b3e9b2a.jpg ) [iqdb]
12930 No. 12930
[x] You'll play with her. You're not that full.

“I'll play,” You say, causing Rumia to look up. “I'm not full.”

“Is that so~?” She asks. “Let's play~

You nod. “Let's play.” You agree, smiling. You hop down from your seat, and Rumia does the same.

“Don't have all the fun, you guys,” Wriggle says, watching you go.

“Wriggle just doesn't want to end up losing to me a bunch of times because you're all too tired to fight~” Mystia chimes in.

“Hah!” Wriggle yells back. “As if that would happen.”

Mystia just grins back. You decide to leave the two to whatever they want to do, and follow Rumia as she walks farther from the stand.

“Up here,” She says, moving up into the air. You follow. Soon, you're both floating a little above the forest, your forms both barely visible in the night. It's cloudy, so the moon isn't showing. Now... you both start shooting at each other, right? That's what the magician said when you met her.

“Can we start?” Rumia asks, sounding a little excited.

“I think so,” You say, “But I haven't---”

Light. Not a solid ball of it, but lots of little bits of light. And this time, instead of flying up, they're flying at you. You can make out Rumia's smiling face in the light. It's kind of scary. You dodge the first little bit, since they're all in a line and easy to move to the side and avoid.

Out of curiosity, you reach out and touch the last glowing orb in the line. It's... kind of hot. You can't grab it, either. It just goes right through your hand. Being hit by a bunch of those wouldn't feel good at all, you think. Not at all. You'll have to do your best to avoid them.

You let your power become glowing things, just like before. But now, you need more. Lots more. Or else you won't be able to hit her. She's dodging like you, so you should be shooting like her. How much more, though? Going easy wouldn't be any fun. You have to do everything you can.

Spirals and colors and beams and things start coming from everywhere around you, a confusing thing. Even you can't keep track of it, but it's really pretty. The pattern keeps getting better and better the more you watch it, the empty spots being filled in with what they should be. It's so...

“Ow!”

A string of glowing things, Rumia's, passes through you, and you can't help buy cry out. You didn't see them because you were paying attention to your shots, not hers. And now the beautiful thing you were watching is starting to disappear.

[ ] Focus more on yours than hers. If the pattern is better, you can win.
[ ] Try to focus on both. It's no good if you get hit.
[ ] Focus more on hers than yours. If you can tire her out, you win, right?

>> No. 12931
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Draft_of_Spell_Card_Rules

>・意味の無い攻撃はしてはいけない。
>意味がそのまま力となる。

>- Do not attack without reason.
>Reason becomes its own power.

[X] Try to focus on both. It's no good if you get hit.
>> No. 12932
[X] Try to focus on both. It's no good if you get hit.

Don't think. Feel.
>> No. 12933
[x] Focus more on hers than yours. If you can tire her out, you win, right?
>> No. 12937
[x] Focus more on yours than hers. If the pattern is better, you can win.

Go on the offensive!
>> No. 12945
[ ] Try to focus on both. It's no good if you get hit.
>> No. 12947
[x] Try to focus on both. It's no good if you get hit.
>> No. 12948
[x] Focus more on hers than yours. If you can tire her out, you win, right?
>> No. 12954
[x] Try to focus on both. It's no good if you get hit.
>> No. 12957
[x] Try to focus on both. It's no good if you get hit.

You have to try to focus on both. If you can watch yours form and watch hers unfold, you can dodge and attack. That's probably the best way. It might take longer to hit her, but it'll take longer to hit you, too.

...but it's hard to focus on both. Really hard. There's so many little glowing things flying around that you can't see where they're all going. And you keep getting hit. A ball here, and a ball there, but you're still getting hit. And the pain from the hits stays, like water. You think Rumia is, too, but you can't really see.

Each time you get hit, your pattern weakens a bit. The pain is starting to add up, parts of you feeling like they're on fire. Only a little bit more. If you can hold out, then you can win. Only a little more. Ow, ow, owowowow. A little---

And then, a long tube of light. Kind of like Marisa's, but not as big. Green. You see it start to form, but before you can move, it widens.

“Ahhh!” You yell, the beam passing into your side. Pain, pain pain pain pain pain! You can'tPAINPAIN.

The colors in the sky coming from you stop. All you can see now is pain, and not those things. It's hard to keep from moving down. This game is horrible. You want to cry because it hurts so much. You think that if Mystia put you on her grill, that's what this would feel like.

And then, Rumia's lights stop, too. All the pain doesn't go away, but a lot of it does. Now it just kind of hurts.

“I win~” She calls out, flying over to you. “That was fun~”

[ ] Well, it was fun. Until you got hit too much.
[ ] But it hurt so much...
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 12958
[x] But it hurt so much...

;_;
>> No. 12959
>This game is horrible. You want to cry because it hurts so much. You think that if Mystia put you on her grill, that's what this would feel like.

[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.

Phobe has discovered the existence of suffering, and furthermore has become able to generalize suffering to different sources. So begins her first tentative steps on the long road to enlightenment.
>> No. 12960
>>12959
I like where this is going.

[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.
>> No. 12961
[x] But it hurt so much...
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.

Sure, pitiful moe is fine too.
>> No. 12962
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.
D'aww.
>> No. 12963
[x] But it hurt so much...
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.

This is wrong...but resistance is futile.
>> No. 12964
[x] But it hurt so much...
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.
>> No. 12965
>This is wrong

Why?
>> No. 12966
[X] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.

Phobe got hurt!
>> No. 12969
[x] Drop to the Earth and black out.
>> No. 12970
[X] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.
>> No. 12972
[x] But it hurt so much...
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.

Poor Phobe.
>> No. 12973
It’s so sad…

I want to help vote…but I can’t. It’s such a nice and wonderful story, but I’d just ruin it if I tried.

I don’t know how to do youkai moe; I don’t even know how to take it easy. My tilde key is broken, don’t you see. I, I just, it just…nmm, it just…

…sniff…

Don’t worry about me. I’ll be all right. I just need to find out how to feel again…
>> No. 12974
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.

>>12973

There, there. You'll improve in time!
>> No. 12975
[X] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.
>> No. 12977
[x] But it hurt so much...
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.
>> No. 12978
[x] Cry. Not because you lost, but because it hurt so much.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. Even though it's mostly gone now, you can still feel it in your mind.

Your eyes feel a little funny, really wet. And you want to cry out all over again.

“Why...?” You ask, your voice sounding all funny. Wavy. And the wet from your eyes is starting to fill them up, and leak out. If it was going to hurt so much, why didn't she tell you? That was really horrible. Maybe she wanted to hurt you...

“You guys done? I'm ready to play, now.”

From a little lower than and behind you, you hear Wriggle call out. You don't understand. Why would she want to do that to herself? If she loses, she'll be really hurt.

“Yep~” Rumia says, turning to her.

Your nose is starting to run a little. You realize that you're whimpering a little, too. You can't help it. Horrible, horrible...

“Hey, you alright?” Wriggle asks coming into your vision. It's hard to make her out with water in the way.

“Why?” You try to ask again, the voice more wavy than before. “It's not... f-fun...”

Wriggle chuckles. “Come on, it doesn't hurt that much. It's lots of fun.”

That's too much. You can't hold back anymore. It's not fun at all. How could they think so?

“It really h-hurt... uuuu...”

The water starts coming out faster. You can't stop it. You have to cry out. That was a terrible game. Why would Rumia do that to you? Or Wriggle? You thought you were friends. Why would they want to hurt you?

“Aw, geez,” Wriggle says, “Go do that somewhere else, ok?”

[ ] She doesn't get it. Go back into the forest.
[ ] Maybe Mystia will understand.
[ ] She doesn't get it. Try to make her understand.
>> No. 12979
{X} Maybe Mystia will understand.
>> No. 12980
[X] Maybe Mystia will understand.
Mystia is cool.

>>12979
Oh wow, awesome. I love Rumia's expression.
>> No. 12981
[x] Maybe Mystia will understand.
>> No. 12982
[X] Maybe Mystia will understand.

The post seemed a bit understated... Ah well.

Now I wanna hug Phobe!
>> No. 12984
[x] Maybe Mystia will understand.

;_;
>> No. 12985
[x] Maybe Mystia will understand.

There is nothing so thoughtlessly cruel in this world as a child, unless it be a youkai child.
>> No. 12986
[ ] She doesn't get it. Try to make her understand.

Let's bother auntie Wriggle~
>> No. 12988
[x] She doesn't get it. Go back into the forest.
>> No. 12989
[x] She doesn't get it. Go back into the forest.

We need to go back to the forest to practice and focus our power.

Then she'll understand.

THEN THEY'll ALL UNDERSTAND!
>> No. 12991
>>12989
>> No. 12993
[ ] Maybe Mystia will understand.
>> No. 12994
[x] She doesn't get it. Go back into the forest.
>> No. 12995
[x] Maybe Mystia will understand.
>> No. 12997
[x] Comfort Phobe.

... Oh, wait.
Damn it, this is what I'd do if we were Anon in this story!
>> No. 12998
[ ] Maybe Mystia will understand.


nnngghhhh.... moe~
>> No. 12999
>>12978

;___;

[x] Maybe Mystia will understand.
>> No. 13000
>>12979

This is off-topic, but I just realized something...
Why is Phobe's head completely unadorned??

Maybe she'll get her head-decoration later in the story? Just throwing it out there...
>> No. 13001
>>13000
Congratulations for not following the last five threads worth of discussion at all. Next you'll be asking for the glowing-axe-guy route, am I right?
>> No. 13003
>>13001
>>the last five threads
lol wut?

Admittedly, I started reading this CYOA just today, and didn't read Anon's comments in the previous threads. Plus, it's late (6:30am - I don't sleep much).

Sum it up for me.
>> No. 13004
>>13001
there is nothing wrong with the glowing axe guy route. it is, in fact, still on the menu when the opportunity next arises.
>> No. 13005
>>13004

we'll need a name for him too. Any suggestions?
>> No. 13006
>>13005
Duke
>> No. 13007
>>13001
glowing axe guy route is what is needed here.
>>13005
That Man
>> No. 13009
>>13004

Yeah, I agree. A glowing axe guy route is fine too. After all, it's not like it would be *gay*...

If anything, the route is probably more like the 'Phobe route'. We stand a good chance of learning more about her. Plus, since it will inevitably be the 'human ally' route, maybe we'll unleash Phobe's 'true power' in protecting the humans (assuming, of course, that Phobe *does* have unknown powers.)

Then again, this would mean that Axe Guy route = Kohaku route... So maybe that should be saved for last.
>> No. 13010
[x] Maybe Mystia will understand.

You leave. Wriggle doesn't understand. Rumia doesn't understand. Why would you waste your time? Neither of them do. When you look down, though, You see Mystia's shack. Maybe she will? She's always nice.

You move down and towards it, not being quiet at all. You're trying, you really are, but it's not working. It hurt, and they didn't care at all. They didn't care, and then they told you to go away because you cared.

As you get closer, you can see a brown shape sitting on one of the stools near the counter. That's all you can make out through your blurry eyes. You touch down. Is that Mystia?

“Phobe?” She asks. Her voice is Mystia's, so that must be her. You run closer.

“It h-hurt,” You say, sniffling. Trying to keep the liquid from escaping your nose. “Why would they... wha?”

Mystia reaches forward, pulling your head into her chest. It's warm, and soft.

“It'll be ok,” She says, her voice soft and warm, too. “It'll be ok.”

You two stay like this for a while, and eventually, the water stops. Your nose is still wrong, but the water from your eyes stops gushing out. Mystia isn't holding you very tight, so you free yourself. You stand there, feeling a little... out of place. Like you don't know what you should do next.

“So, what did they do?” Mystia asks, her voice having a light tone to it. “I might have to go beat them up if it was anything bad.”

“Danmaku h-hurts,” You say, fighting back more water. “Why didn't they tell me? And Wriggle told me to go away...”

You take a seat next to her, and look at the ground. It's not that interesting, but you can't look at Mystia's face.

“Yeah, it does hurt, doesn't it?” She says. “But, if you play it enough, you get used to it. That's probably why they forgot to mention it?”

“Why would you want to?” You ask. “Why play a game that hurts?”

Mystia sighs. “It's kind of like practice fighting. You know what that is, right?”

You nod. “It's a fight, but not for real...”

“Yep. Sometimes, danmaku is for real fights.” She reaches over, and puts a hand on your shoulder. “So when we play, we're really practicing.”

You don't say anything. You thought it was a game, but it's really for fighting.

“But people kept saying that they were going to 'play danmaku',” You say, sniffling. “But it's not fun if you're getting hurt...”

“It is kind of fun, though, once you get good at it,” Mystia says, “Kind of like how play fights are fun, even if someone does get hit a few times.”

You nod. That makes a lot more sense. Play fights are fun, you think. Even if someone did hit you a few times, it would be ok. “But Wriggle...”

“What about me?” Someone asks. It sounds more playful than mean.

You look up. Wriggle and Rumia are approaching the stand, both of them looking really tired. Wriggle gives you a curious look.

[ ] “You said I should go somewhere else...”
[ ] Don't say anything.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 13011
[X] “You said I should go somewhere else...”

Inflict guilt trip that bugger.
>> No. 13013
>>13009

I, uh, should probably warn you guys right now that I don't plan on writing h-scenes in the main story. I learned my lesson there. It could happen, I suppose, but... yeah.

As for an ax man route... well, you'd really have to work at that. Seeing as he's actively trying to kill you. It's possible, but it would be something akin to lunatic modo.
>> No. 13014
[X] Don't say anything.

>>13013
It shouldn't be that hard, just kill his friends and family, snap his mind, and he'll be putty in our hands.

My little Phobe, I'll make you into such a good girl.
>> No. 13015
[x] “You said I should go somewhere else...”

Yeah, and then you followed her. Tsundere much, Wriggle?
>> No. 13016
[X] “You said I should go somewhere else...”

Are we going to treat Mystia like mommy from now on?
>> No. 13017
[X] “You said I should go somewhere else...”

Who has the T: face picture?
>> No. 13018
{X} “You said I should go somewhere else...”
>> No. 13019
[x] “You said I should go somewhere else...”
>> No. 13020
[ ] “You said I should go somewhere else...”
>> No. 13021
>Are we going to treat Mystia like mommy from now on?

Mother Hen
>> No. 13022
[x] “You said I should go somewhere else...”
>> No. 13023
[x] Don't say anything.
>> No. 13024
>Are we going to treat Mystia like mommy from now on?

Mystia is going to become Phobe's protective boyfriend.
>> No. 13025
[x] “You said I should go somewhere else...”
>> No. 13027
>>13017
Closest thing I've got.
>> No. 13028
>>13013
Nobody seriously wants Axe Guy route. At least I hope so.
Also, no H-scenes is fine. Hell, even romance isn't necessary, but that'd be a nice plus.

[X] Don't say anything.
>> No. 13029
[x] “You said I should go somewhere else...”

“You said I should go somewhere else...” You say, those words still ringing out in your mind. They don't seem as harsh now, but they still sting.

She shrugs. “Crying bugs me.” Pausing, she turns to Mystia. “You're up. I won that one.”

“Oh~kay~” Mystia says, starting to sing a bit. She stands up and walks over towards Wriggle, but then pauses to face you. Like she's expecting something. You just smile. Ignoring Wriggle, you're feeling a lot better, and you kind of want to see what their danmaku looks like. If yours could look like that when just starting, theirs must look really cool.

Mystia nods and turns back to Wriggle, while Rumia takes a seat next to you. “The night calls, the danmaku falls~”

Wriggle sighs, and heads up into the sky. Mystia follows, singing some strange song, while you watch. Rumia watches, too, her feet swinging a bit. You think you should say something, but don't know what. So you don't. You'll just watch this and ignore her for now.

The sky stays dark for a bit, but soon starts glowing. Lots of green. Some reds and blues and purples and yellows, too. The patterns... you don't like them as much as yours, but really, they're nice. Spirals and curvy things move around the night sky. You're sure that you could see it even if you were in the forest. It's really bright.

The fight looks like it's going to last a long time. You can sort of make out Mystia and Wriggle in the glowing area of bullets, and neither of them seem to be getting hit. They're really good at this. Maybe that's why they don't think it hurts as much. If you got hit all at once, it wouldn't build up. It would just be a lot of pain, and then nothing.

Still going. The patterns are getting better as the fight goes on. Maybe they're focusing more? You wonder if there's a time limit or something, if no one gets hit enough. Danmaku still seems pretty strange.

“Let's play again~” Rumia asks from beside you. You look away from the battle for a minute. “Since we got one more today, we don't have to sit here.”

[ ] You just want to watch for today.
[ ] Toughen up, and try again.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 13030
{X} Toughen up, and try again.

Cho.
>> No. 13031
[X] Toughen up, and try again.

I don't like making sense.
>> No. 13032
[x] Toughen up, and try again.

>>13028
It's okay, we can conquer him with being cute.
>> No. 13033
[X] Toughen up, and try again.
>> No. 13034
[X] Toughen up, and try again.
>> No. 13035
[X] Kick her ass.
>> No. 13036
[x] Toughen up, and try again.
Be brave, Phobe.
>> No. 13037
[x] Toughen up, and try again.

You can do it~
>> No. 13038
>>13032
When you look at the other possibilities we have, is Glowing Axe Guy really worth it?
...But I guess that could be satistfying in twisted way. Assuming that it would result in utterly broken Glowing Axe Guy.
>> No. 13039
[x] Toughen up, and try again.
>> No. 13040
[x] Toughen up, and try again.
>> No. 13041
[x] You just want to watch for today.

I think we'll get more out of watching the (relative) experts now, rather than pound it into Phobe's head again that danmaku hurts and isn't fun at all.

>Glowing Axe Guy

You murdered his son. End of story. Next frame.
>> No. 13042
>>13041
I envision a one-sided thing where Phobe follows him timidly while he tries to kill her every so often.

a yandere Phobe is fine too.
>> No. 13043
>>13041
>You murdered his son

Then make for him another son.
>> No. 13050
[x] Toughen up, and try again.

You want to refuse. Last time was horrible; why would you do it again? But you don't want to be weak, either. If she can do it, you can do it. You have to toughen up. Youkai are supposed to be tough, and if even humans can play danmaku... well, you should be able to. Everyone seems to think it's not a big thing, so you should try to that, too.

“I'll play,” You say, not as excited this time around.

“Ok~” Rumia says. She gets off of her stool, smiles at you, and then heads up and back, so that she doesn't go into the bright stuff that Mystia and Wriggle are making. You follow. Maybe this time you can do better. Try something else. You don't want to be hit a bunch more.

Rumia starts with something that looks pretty close to what it looked like last time. You should decide how to do this.

[ ] Focus more on yours than hers.
[ ] Try to focus on both.
[ ] Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13051
>>13050

[ ] Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13052
[X] Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13055
[x] Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13056
[X] Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13057
{X} Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13059
[x] Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13061
[x] Focus more on yours than hers.

She's used up more magic than we have, and considering our danmaku looks like crazy rainbow shit, we've probably got a pretty strong spell ourselves. I say deal with the pain and take her out with one blow.
>> No. 13063
[x] Focus more on yours than hers.
>> No. 13072
[X] Focus more on hers than yours.
>> No. 13073
[x] Focus more on hers than yours.

You start your pattern, the colors and swirls coming to mind. It's really nice. You're tempted to keep watching it, and see what happens. Looking at both didn't work because there was too much to watch, but maybe if you watch yours only...

… or maybe you could just watch hers? You won't get hit that way. Yours might not look as good if you do that, but you really don't want to get hit. Not again. And dodging is fun, too.

Your pattern starts to form, but you're not watching it too much. Rumia's is more important. Your bullets are still there, and you have to keep yourself from trying to fill in the holes. Hers hurt. You have to move up and down and left and right to go through the holes.

Mystia was right. This is a lot more fun when you don't get hit. Rumia's not getting hit much either, that you can see, but neither are you. The bullets are kind of fun to go through now. Why were you so afraid? It seems silly now. You really could play this more ofte---

“Ow!”

A bullet smacks into your side, sending that burning feeling into your body. You have to pay attention. It's fun, but it could really hurt in a second if you're not careful.

Dodge, dodge, dodge... have to focus. Watch. Maybe she'll run out? You don't know what happens if both sides don't get hit.

...it looks like Mystia and Wriggle's fight ended. Dodge. You wonder who won?

Dodge, dodge... lasers aren't hard to dodge, when you're watching. That one was close, though. This is getting harder. You wonder if Rumia is watching her pattern more? Maybe yours isn't enough to keep her busy.

Hit again. Again. Again... it's starting to really hurt. You can't cry. If you cry now, you'll lose. You've got to keep at it. You're not hitting her that much, and she keeps making more. It keeps changing, too. You haven't seen this pattern before.

You grit your teeth. Another hit. It's happening again.

[ ] You're not going to win this, but see how long you can dodge anyway. Pay attention!
[ ] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 13074
[x] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.
>> No. 13075
[x] You're not going to win this, but see how long you can dodge anyway. Pay attention!
>> No. 13076
[]hold shift for focused movement
>> No. 13077
[x] Deathbomb
>> No. 13078
>You're not going to win this

is a sentence for losers. With such a state of mind you cannot win.

[x] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.
>> No. 13079
[x] Fly straight at the bitch and put a bullet in her face!
>> No. 13080
[ ] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!
>> No. 13083
[x] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.
>> No. 13084
[x] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.
>> No. 13086
[X] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.
>> No. 13087
[x] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.

Eh, why not?
>> No. 13088
[x] Don't go down without a fight. Start paying more attention to your pattern.

You can't just lose like this. Maybe you should shift your focus...

The holes start to fill in. More streams start to appear, too. It's starting to look a lot better. And Rumia's is getting easier. She must be getting hit.

You are, too, though. And it hurts. Really hurts. You want to make her hurt back. Even though it's just a game, it's kind of mean. You have to be a little mean, too. If she's the one being grilled, you're not. Pay attention. Watch it---

You wince. Another few hit you. You didn't see them. Another one. It came from...

… it's starting to weaken. You can't focus. Another hit. Where do they keep coming from? You can't...

Don't cry. Keep up your attack. Keep watching yours. If it grows to be it's best, there's no way she'll be able to dodge. It'll be perfect. Beautiful.

Pain. You really can't do this. The bullets keep hitting you. Hers have slowed a lot, but they keep coming from strange directions. You can't follow them. Another hit, another...

“I give up!”

You didn't even mean to. You just sort of yelled it. But, you can't go any more. The pain is even worse than before. Your pattern stops, and a moment later, so does Rumia's. The pain is going away slower this time. Why isn't it going as fast as before. It really hurts, hurts hurts hurts---

Don't cry. You're a tough youkai.

Rumia comes closer, looking a little hurt herself. Her smile is a little less. “Fun, but let's rest now.”

You nod. Your eyes are moist, and you think that if you say something, you might start to cry again. You just need to wait until it wears off, like before.

Rumia goes toward the stand, moving away with her arms spread out. You go with her, a little behind.

When you get there, Wriggle and Mystia are watching.

“Hey, that looked like a pretty good fight,” Wriggle says, “I couldn't tell who won, though.”

“Me~” Rumia says, landing a bit in front of them. You stay in the air for a bit, and then land. The cool ground feels really good on your feet. It's good to be back down on the ground.

“Huh.”

“It was really fun to watch,” Mystia says, smiling. “Lots of colors.”

You smile. It was fun to watch, that's true. You tried hard at the end to make it even better, and someone noticed. And Rumia's is kind of nice, too.

“So, who's next?” Wriggle asks. “After you two rest, that is. I've still got another round or two left in me.”

[ ] “I don't want to do another...”
[ ] Let them pick for you.
[ ] Pick someone (specify).
>> No. 13089
[x] “I don't want to do another...”

;_;
>> No. 13090
[ ] Let them pick for you.

Be brave Phobe! Do not fear!
>> No. 13091
[ ] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13092
{X} Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13093
[x] “I don't want to do another...”
>> No. 13094
[ ] “I don't want to do another...”
>> No. 13099
[x] “I don't want to do another...”
>> No. 13100
[x] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13101
[X] "I don't want to do another..."
>> No. 13103
[x] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13104
[X] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13106
[X] "I don't want to do another..."

Phobe did well enough with her first two tries. I think that's enough for today.
>> No. 13107
[X] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13110
[x] “I don't want to do another...”

It hurts.
>> No. 13112
[X] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13113
[x] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13114
[x] DO IT FAGGOT!

Be a man! But in a moé way...
>> No. 13116
[x] Pass out
[x] In Mystia's bosom
>> No. 13117
[x] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13118
[x] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13119
[X] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13120
[x] Let them pick for you.
>> No. 13122
[x] Let them pick for you.

You don't have anything to say about that, so you don't.

There's silence for a bit, then Wriggle speaks up. “What, you all dead or something?” She asks, laughing. “Seriously.”

Mystia laughs a little, too. “Sorry. I was kind of spacing out.”

“Mystia~” Rumia says, “Let's play~”

“Ok,” Mystia says, standing up a little slowly. “I think this is my last one, though. I'm getting tired.”

Rumia, too, stands up, looking really happy. Those two head up into the sky, going for another match. Rumia must be really tough. This is her fourth tonight, and she doesn't even look tired at all. Well, maybe a little. But not much.

You look over. Wriggle is still there, watching those two head up. She eventually turns to you.

“That leaves me and you,” Wriggle says, grinning slightly. “You up for it? I won't go easy on you just because you're new at this.”

[ ] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
[ ] “I... guess.”
[ ] “I don't want to.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 13124
[X] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13127
[ ] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13128
[ ] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13130
[x] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13131
[ ] “I don't want to.”
>> No. 13132
[x] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13134
[x] “I'm going to try hard, too.”

The lil' youkai that could.
>> No. 13140
[x] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13141
{X} “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13142
[x] “I'm going to try hard, too.”

Hard worker~
>> No. 13144
[X] “I'm going to try hard, too.”
>> No. 13156
[x] “I'm going to try hard, too.”

You could do another one. If you're going to get good at this, you need to practice.

“I'm going to try hard, too,” You say, smiling a little. You don't think you're going to win this, either, but you can try. Maybe Wriggle will even mess up. “So that's good.”

Wriggle nods. “That's the spirit!” She stands up, and takes to the air. “No crying when you lose, got it?”

You nod, and get out of your seat to follow her. You can do that, too, now that you know what's coming.

Up into the sky you two go, to another spot that isn't where Mystia and Rumia are making pretty light shows. You float there, waiting for Wriggle to shoot first. Rumia always did. But you end up waiting for a while, since she isn't shooting right away.

“C'mon, I haven't got all day!” She calls out. Maybe she wants you to go first? Well, that's fine. You can start.

The pattern you have starts to form out of the sky, taking shape and flinging itself at Wriggle. Maybe this time you should try to focus more on your pattern from the start. It seemed to work ok last time, since you did it at the end. You even got a few hits in.

Ow. Ow. Owowowow. Maybe not. Wriggle's pattern is harder than Rumia's. A little more tricky. You have to go back to watching both.

...ow. Or maybe you should watch her's harder. It's kind of hard to follow. Your head is starting to feel kind of light, too. Kind of dizzy, like you've just been spinning. Like your bullets. Spinning a bit, just a little. To the left. Maybe you're just spinning too much while dodging...

It's starting to really hurt again, too. Maybe you should quit. Rumia stopped when you stopped, so Wriggle will, too. You think. But, you did say you were going to do your best. Focus on yours. Maybe you can make her dodge a little more before you have to stop.

[ ] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
[ ] You need to stop.
>> No. 13157
[ ] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13158
[X] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.

Though, I have the feeling that little Phobe might get hurt if she tries too hard.
>> No. 13160
[x] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13161
[x] You need to stop.
[x] Grab Wriggle by the waist and tackle her down to the ground.
[x] "I-I don't wanna fight anymore..."
>> No. 13162
[x] You need to stop.

If you get hurt any more you'll cry, and that'll disappoint Wriggle more than if you had just given up.
>> No. 13163
[x] Keep it up. You said you'd fry hard.
>> No. 13164
{X} Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13165
[x] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13166
[x] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13167
[x] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13173
[ze] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13174
[x] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13176
[X] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.
>> No. 13177
Wriggle doesn't have sympathy, you know it, she said 'no crying' So you will have to try harder, You dodge and weave, like a needle sewing thread, up, down, leaving a stream of light and patterns flowing in her direction. Your pattern is more intense more complicated, she's still hitting me, I have to try harder, heart pounding in my ears, stronger, brighter. Stronger. More Complex. Stronger. STRONGER. STRONGER!! It hurts, your own energy burns your hands, singes the clouds, she's shouting something and waving as she dodges and fires. No! I must keep going! I mustn't give up! It's getting hotter, wait I'm getting hotter. The patterns start breaking up you falter, losing balance for a second. It hurts! It hurts! Suddenly you're very tired and descending rapidly. CRASH! A tree is smashed as you fall through it, after-images dance in your eyes, everything is spinning, it's so cool, the ground feels wonderful, everything goes black.
>> No. 13178
How about that option?
>> No. 13179
>>13178

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 13180
>>13177
I laughed, since it's kind of close.
================================================
[x] Keep it up. You said you'd try hard.

No. You said you'd try hard. You're going to try until the end. Ow.

The spinning is getting worse. You wonder why? It's not like you're actually spinning, now that you're paying attention. All the bullets are really bright, too. Ow. Ow. So dizzy. Maybe you are spinning, somehow. No. The world is spinning. It's getting really close, too. It should stop. It's really kind of...





“Are you alright?”

You look up, and see Wriggle's face. Mystia's, too, off to the side. How'd they get above you...? No, there's cold below you. You can feel the grass in your hands. When did you get down here? You were just up in the sky. Spinning. And now you're down here...

You blink a few times. Your head hurts a little, and your body, too. Maybe you fell?

“That was kind of stupid,” Wriggle says, turning away. “If you're going to pass out, you should stop first.”

You look at her, confused. She wanted you to try your hardest, earlier, but when you do she calls you stupid. Confusing. And you don't really know how to ask her what she means.

You hear a bit of clothing shuffle, to your other side, and turn your head. It's Mystia, and she's sticking her hand towards you. You don't...

“Let me help you up,” She says after a bit. Oh. That makes sense. You grab onto her hand, and she gives it a yank, pulling you up to your feet.

“...that was a good fight, though,” Wriggle says, turning back around to face you.

You nod, and smile. “Uh-huh.” It was fun. Even though you lost, it was fun.

...you're still a little dizzy, though.

“Well, I'm going to be done for today,” Mystia says, letting out a yawn. “I'm getting sleepy.”

Wriggle nods. “Yeah. That's enough for me, too.”

“Awww~”

You look over your shoulder, towards the sound. It's Rumia. You wonder how long she's been there? The stand, too, is behind you, and it looks all closed down. That takes a while to do. Maybe you were 'passed out' for a while.

“Hey, I don't want to end up like Phobe,” Wriggle says, laughing. “Really, that's enough for now.”

Rumia sighs. “Ok. Bye.”

Saying that, she stretches out her arms and heads into the sky. Wriggle turns, giving you and Mystia a wave. “Well, see you later.” She, too, heads into the sky. But without her arms out.

Mystia turns to you. “Well, I'm going to head back, so... bye.”

[ ] Ask if you can sleep over again.
[ ] Back to the root den, get some sleep.
[ ] You're not tired yet. Go do something else (write-in).
>> No. 13181
[ ] Back to the root den, get some sleep.
>> No. 13182
[ ] Ask if you can sleep over again.
>> No. 13183
[X] Ask if you can sleep over again.

I like Mama Mystia.
>> No. 13184
[x] Ask if you can sleep over again.

Aww.
>> No. 13185
[x] Back to the root den, get some sleep.
>> No. 13188
[x] Limp and stumble away, hugging one arm, looking sad and tired. The kind of sight that only a cold-hearted person wouldn't call out to and invite you to stay over.
[x] Back to the root den, but only if Mystia doesn't invite you.
>> No. 13189
[x] You're not tired yet. Watch the stars.
[x] Think about pain and fun. Is it fun because you get hurt? Is it fun if another person wants to hurt you, but are unable to? Is it fun because the other person gets hurt? But why would you want to hurt your friends?

Danmaku is clearly really not Phobe's calling. She'll find something that suits her, but it will take time.
>> No. 13190
[X] Back to the root den, get some sleep.
>> No. 13191
[X] Back to the root den, get some sleep.
>> No. 13192
[x] You're not too tired right now, try to find a small stream to drink some water and cool your face and hands.
>> No. 13193
[ ] Back to the root den, get some sleep.

Root Den of Evil
>> No. 13194
[X] Back to the root den, get some sleep.

>>13193
EVIL DWELLS WITHIN THIS CAVE
>> No. 13196
[X] Ask if you can sleep over again.
>> No. 13197
[X] Back to the root den, get some sleep.
Evil sleeps within the den of these roots. Evil that has never seen the modern world.
>> No. 13198
[X] Ask if you can sleep over again.

Do want
>> No. 13199
{X} Ask if you can sleep over again.
>> No. 13200
[X] Ask if you can sleep over again.

This.
>> No. 13201
[x] Ask if you can sleep over again.

In before gently being let down.
>> No. 13202
[X] Ask if you can sleep over again.

Mystia needs way more love than she's recieved
>> No. 13204
[X] Ask if you can sleep over again.

How can you not vote for this?
>> No. 13205
[X] Ask if you can sleep over again.
>> No. 13206
[x] Ask if you can sleep over again.

Your spot is kind of far away, and you're still a little dizzy. It'd be a pain to walk back. Maybe Mystia would let you stay again. It's only a little bit over that way, and it's more fun to sleep with more people somehow. Mystia turns, about to leave you behind.

“Could I...” You start to say, catching her attention. You can't think of a clever way to phrase it, so you'll just say it. “Sleep in your nest again?”

“Still haven't found a place to stay?” She asks, curiously.

“I did,” You say proudly, “but it's kind of far, and I'm kind of spinning.”

“Spinning?”

“Yeah,” You say, nodding. You spin around to give an example, stumbling a little at the end. “Like that, but I'm not really spinning.”

“Hmm,” She says, “Well, I guess it's fine. You hit the ground pretty hard, so that's normal.”

You grin. “And it's fun to stay at Mystia's nest, too.”

“As long as it's not everyday,” She says, “Having guests all the time can be annoying. Today is fine, though.”

She starts flying, and you follow her. The nest is really close, so it doesn't take very long. Mystia ends up in almost the same spot she was in yesterday, and so do you. Although, when you lean back, there's a stick poking into your back so you have to shift a bit.

Mystia yawns. “Danmaku really tires me out... goodnight, Phobe. You should feel better tomorrow.”

She curls up like she did last night, and you do the same, spinning a little while you don't move.

[ ] Ask Mystia a question (write-in).
[ ] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13207
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13208
{X} Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13209
[X] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13210
[ ] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13211
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13212
>>“Yeah,” You say, nodding. You spin around to give an example, stumbling a little at the end. “Like that, but I'm not really spinning.”

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGG
>> No. 13213
[x] "Thank you..."
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13214
[X] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13215
[x] "Thank you..."
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13216
[x] "Thank you..."
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13217
[x] "Thank you..."
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13218
[x] "Thank you..."
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.

D'aww.
>> No. 13219
[x] "Thank you..."
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.
>> No. 13220
[x] "Thank you..."
[x] Forget about it. Go to sleep.

You were going to say something. What was it? You should hurry, before you fall asleep. You'll forget by tomorrow.

Oh, right.

“Thank you...” You mumble. Mystia doesn't respond, but at least you said it. She's really nice to you. You have to try hard to be nice back.

Tonight... was fun. Sort of. It really hurt at times, but the patterns were really nice. And when you weren't getting hit, going through the little holes and almost getting hit was really fun. You should try to get better.

And tomorrow, you can do anything. That guy will probably be back to play, and Rinnosuke will teach you more. Mystia and Wriggle and Rumia will all be here, you think, and you can play with them, too. And who knows what else you'll do? Maybe you'll find more interesting things if you explore. Maybe you'll find other youkai like Mystia. Maybe...





It's bright again. The night is over, you think, and open your eyes. Mystia's still asleep. The forest is kind of quiet, too, like it was the last morning. You wonder what you should do today?

[ ] Go exploring somewhere (write-in)
[ ] Go exploring aimlessly.
[ ] Wait around for Mystia to wake up.
[ ] Do something else (write-in).
>> No. 13221
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.

Rinnosuke route?
>> No. 13222
[ ] Go exploring aimlessly.

into the blue
>> No. 13223
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.
>> No. 13224
{X} Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.
>> No. 13225
[X] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.
>> No. 13226
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.
>> No. 13227
[x] Go exploring aimlessly.
>> No. 13228
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.
>> No. 13229
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.
>> No. 13231
[ze] Go exploring aimlessly

...What part of
>Maybe you'll find more interesting things if you explore
do you people not understand?

>>13222
Phobne in the Brilliant Blue
>> No. 13232
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.
>> No. 13233
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions before exploring aimlessly
>> No. 13240
[x] Visit Rinnosuke, ask questions.

Going to that store seems like a good idea. You get more questions today, right? You wonder what that thing in the corner was. The other thing next to it, too. You don't know what the third thing will be, but you can find something.

You stand up and stretch, reaching high enough to grab the branch above the nest. Your arms feel kind of strange. They aren't moving as good as they do usually, kind of like they're tired. It's not like it matters, though.

You hop out of the nest, landing on the ground with a loud thump. The landing is good, though. You manage to land on both your feet and not fall over, even though it was a really long fall. You smile. Today is going to be fun.

That store is in this direction. You think. You wonder how quickly you can get there? Let's see!

Soon, you're near the edge of the forest. You must have missed his shop by a little bit. You don't really recognize anything, so you'll just walk close to the edge for a while. It should be around here. Just a little walking, and you should find it.

You see a few small animals along the way, but no humans and nothing else that interesting. The ground is really squishy and wet in one spot, though, and it feels good on your feet.

Eventually, you start to recognize things, including the store. That wasn't very quick at all. You'll have to try for a better time tomorrow.

You walk up to the building like you did yesterday, and walk inside. It's kind of dark; the sun isn't that bright right now, and he doesn't have any lamps like Mystia does to keep away the dark. Well, he does, but they're not glowing. You hear someone talking. A man, and a girl, you think. The man sounds like Rinnosuke, and the girl... Marisa? Maybe. Not sure.

It's coming from a room that you didn't go in yesterday, since it looked kind of boring. If you remember, it had a table and a ch... no, two chairs, and lot of wood boxes. They were stuck on the walls.

[ ] See who it is. Walk in and say hi.
[ ] See who it is. Peek into the room.
[ ] Listen, see what they're talking about.
[ ] Go find something to ask about.
[ ] Do something else (write-in).
>> No. 13241
[X] See who it is. Peek into the room.
>> No. 13242
Tough choice, but if you ask me:

[ ] Listen, see what they're talking about.

Better not reveal yourself for now.
>> No. 13245
[X] See who it is. Peek into the room.

Peeking moe'
>> No. 13247
[X] See who it is. Peek into the room.
>> No. 13248
[X] See who it is. Peek into the room.
>> No. 13249
[X] See who it is. Peek into the room.
THey SEE you, RUN!
>> No. 13251
[x] See who it is. Peek into the room.
>> No. 13252
[x] See who it is. Peek into the room.