- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 12301)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 123476147445.png - (587.62KB, 1024x768, mystia008.png) [iqdb]
12301 No. 12301
[X] A fairy ought to know faeries best. While you may have your doubts, trust in her plan.

***

"Very well." You accede to Cirno. "If I am to have any hope of extricating myself from this misunderstanding without harming my dear fairy, I will have to rely upon you. In this matter I am in your care."

It pains you to place all your hopes upon a young lady, but there is nothing for it. As a fairy and a girl, Cirno is far more apt to understand the heart of your dear fairy than you yourself. A shame, but an unavoidable one.

"So, you're saying you'll go with my plan, right?" Cirno frowns until you offer her a nod of confirmation. "Alright, good! If you would just say things easy-like, then..." A groan of irritation escapes the poor girl. "Never mind! I'm going, so... hurry up and get working!"

The ice fairy spares you no more words and speeds off into the forest, leaving you to your own devices. Fortune has it that you recall the way back to Miss Lorelei, a feat that you allow yourself some small amount of pride in - the madcap dash that Cirno seems so fond of would no doubt leave a man with less awareness stranded. With that issue resolved, however, you are left with a far more troubling thought:

Just how are you to convince Miss Lorelei to let you deal with this personal trouble?

---

"Absolutely not. You're not getting out of work."

With those words, your hopes of postponing your work for the day are completely dashed. Ah, cruel fortune! So like the moon, constantly changing; ever waxing, but waning! Alas, there is nothing for it; you could protest and plead with your lady, but to rally against that frown and that pout seems far too momentous a task for a lowly debtor such as yourself.

"You said you weren't going to run away from this, didn't you?"

Ah, yes, the pains of obligation. She is certainly correct, though. You promised to work for her, and as you well know, there is some divide between personal and professional life. It looks as though you will have to work out a solution to your troubles on your own time, and you suppose you owe Miss Lorelei that much.

"You are correct, Miss Lorelei. I do apologize... I shall save my personal problems until after my work is done."

"Good." Though she gives you a positive response, you cannot help but feel as though she sounds a tad displeased in some way.

Wriggle speaks up, sounding concerned. "Hey, Mystia, he hasn't even really started working here yet, so why not--"

Wriggle abruptly quiets, silenced by a look from Miss Lorelei. The poor girl shrinks back in her seat, appearing downcast. You feel a bit tempted to give her a hug, but you remind yourself that such a thing would be most inappropriate.

"You know, he'll probably work better if you let him fix his problems." Little Rumia volunteers, rocking back and forth in her chair. Miss Lorelei stares at her in surprise, and the little blond smiles quite prettily in her own manner of response. Your lady soon shakes her head, and turns her attention to the grill with renewed focus.

"He said it was fine! He owes me before he owes anyone else, anyway, and he said he'd fix it all after work, so just drop it!" Miss Lorelei mumbles, then turns to you. "So we're getting back to work! Right now! What do you want me to teach you next? Don't try to get out of it!"

Ah, wait just a moment! A ray of hope! She did give you leave to determine the course of instruction you would receive, did she not? You feel a bit regretful about abusing that trust so, but mayhaps there is an activity that would allow you to learn while increasing your odds of finding and speaking with your darling fairy...

[ ] Locating ingredients in the forest?

[ ] A touring of important locations?

[ ] Some slightly more advanced kitchen tricks?

[ ] Something else? (Specify)
Expand all images
>> No. 12302
>Wriggle abruptly quiets, silenced by a look from Miss Lorelei. The poor girl shrinks back in her seat, appearing downcast. You feel a bit tempted to give her a hug, but you remind yourself that such a thing would be most inappropriate.

Wriggle Hugbug

>Ah, wait just a moment! A ray of hope! She did give you leave to determine the course of instruction you would receive, did she not? You feel a bit regretful about abusing that trust so, but mayhaps there is an activity that would allow you to learn while increasing your odds of finding and speaking with your darling fairy...

She is going to see right through that. Her problem is over someone else using your 'personal' time that isn't her, but you won't be able to censure her for 'jealousy' here, since the feelings on the part of the fairy are indeed genuine. No matter what you choose to do, if you end up settling things with the fairy along the way, she'll be hurt. You could get her to choose the activity, but this is hard to do without looking dumb.

[x] Teach you how to deal with an irate customer?

I have the feeling we'll be getting some of those soon.
>> No. 12303
[]How to skip work and not have your boss notice.

Nahhh.

[X] Some slightly more advanced kitchen tricks?
>> No. 12304
[X] Locating ingredients in the forest?
>> No. 12308
[!/] Locating ingredients in the forest?
>> No. 12311
[X] Some slightly more advanced kitchen tricks?
>> No. 12312
[X] Teach you how to deal with an irate customer?
>> No. 12313
[X] Teach you how to deal with an irate customer?
>> No. 12350
[x] Teach you how to deal with an irate customer?

This shouldn't take too long... I would think. So if not, follow it up with

[x] Some slightly more advanced kitchen tricks?
>> No. 12498
File 123535423624.jpg - (550.67KB, 800x800, Frustration.jpg) [iqdb]
12498
Interesting.

***

[X] Teach you how to deal with an irate customer?

***

On the other hand, this is a valuable liberty that Miss Lorelei has given you, and not one you are keen to risk. More important even than your own freedoms, however, is that it simply rubs you the wrong way to consider taking advantage of her so callously. She is a lady, and a gracious one at that, in spite of the brief moments when her temper gets the better of her.

Well, it's settled then. You will simply have to wait until you have finished your tasks for the day before dealing with your troubled personal life. That's as it should be. For now, you have a lesson to choose, and the brief thought of your lady's temper has provided you with an excellent notion of just what to learn.

"As I am sure I have just shown, Miss Lorelei, I am quite imperfect, and I am certain that not all of my acquaintances will forgive me for it. Thus, I ask that you teach me what I must do when confronted with an irate customer."

To your surprise, Miss Lorelei narrows her eyes, and a low growl escapes her. Oh dear.

"Are you trying to say something?"

It seems you have failed to communicate yourself properly once again. You will have to work on that.

"Miss Lorelei, I do not know what I may have said to offend you, I was only--"

"Idiot!" She spits angrily. "Either you're trying to say something about me with that, or you really are too stupid to get the problem! Either way, you're a bad dog!"

Bad... dog? That's--

"Get out of here! Learn to think a little before you speak! That's probably why you're having problems in the first place; because you just don't think about anything! Oh... just... out! Get out!"

"Miss Lorelei, I--"

"You nothing!" Your lady shoves you backward, and gestures commandingly toward the door. "Get out there and solve your stupid problem. Maybe if you can figure out how to think, you won't go around insulting me like that!"

Though she turns her attention back to the grill, she maintains a noticeably perturbed expression. Her friends look rather put off by this whole affair themselves, though in remarkably different fashion; Wriggle appears anxious, and fidgets nervously; on the other hand, little Rumia wears a very queer look on her face, her eyes locked on you.

"Hurry up!" Miss Lorelei growls. "If you don't fix this by the time you get back tonight, you're not getting any more chances any time soon!"

It seems you've made a mess of things, though you are not sure precisely how. You feel compelled to try and resolve this issue here and now, but... you are unsure of precisely how to do this.

[ ] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.

[ ] It really goes against you to leave without a single word more. At least try to offer some apology before you go.

[ ] What have you done now? This is quite vexing. Do not leave until you have sorted this all out.
>> No. 12499
[x] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.

With luck one of the 9s will follow and explain to us just what her problem is and how to resolve it.
>> No. 12504
[X] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.

Peace, bitch
>> No. 12505
[X] It really goes against you to leave without a single word more. At least try to offer some apology before you go.
>> No. 12506
[X] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.
>> No. 12509
I can't figure out the reasoning behind asking her that. Why would she have irate customers?
>> No. 12513
>>12509
>I can't figure out the reasoning behind asking her that. Why would she have irate customers?

Fairies destroying her place. Again.
>> No. 12518
[X] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.

Poor Dognonymous.
>> No. 12519
[X] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.

Cool things down, for now.
>> No. 12522
[X] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.
>> No. 12524
[X] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.
>> No. 12526
[x] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.
>> No. 12527
>>12513
Those weren't customers. Those weren't customers at all.
>> No. 12839
Update
>> No. 13062
File 123715076776.jpg - (153.16KB, 800x1030, TearfulRumia.jpg) [iqdb]
13062
[X] Miss Lorelei has ordered you to go. Best not risk offending her any further.

***

If you lack the knowledge required to sort out the mess you have created, then it would be best to retire from the attempt for the moment; as they say, if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. Pain you though it does, you do not wish to exacerbate the issue, and you are left with only this option. You offer an abashed tip of the hat to your employer, and quietly give her your thanks.

"I'll be on my way then, Miss Lorelei."

"Go on, then!" She doesn't even spare you a glance.

"Right. I'll see you later, Miss Lorelei."

"Later, yes! Go!"

A sigh escapes you, and you turn away, trudging off into the woods.

---

It is naught but a few minutes after you have left the familiarity of the stall that the world around you begins to fade from view. A familiar black settles in on your surroundings, hiding them from view, yet leaving yourself quite visible. It was quite the odd little event the first time around, and it has lost none of its strangeness on this occasion. In fact, it is rather more enigmatic this time around, as you are not, to your knowledge, suffering from poor enough health to induce hallucinations.

"I'm disappointed in you." Ah, a familiar, sensuous voice.

Before you appears little Rumia, though she once more appears slightly different than her usual fair. She stands upright, arms behind her back in an unusually imperious form for the normally cheery and bright child. Her ribbon is hazy, her eyes look distant, and...

"Ah, have you grown a bit, little Rumia?"

The girl sighs deeply.

"Yes. An inch. It's not much, it only means that I'm that much closer to-- well, never mind. It isn't of much importance, and that, dear boy, is your problem." She floats up into the air, allowing her to address you face-to-face. It also allows her to thump your head very soundly. It smarts. "You are observant of the unimportant, and yet nuances of significance elude you."

"I beg your pardon?"

"You messed up." The dear girl raps your head for the second time. "You need to pay more attention to the feelings of others, as Mystia has already told you. You also need to stick to your word - to renege on a promise to her is sure to turn her mood sour."

The mysterious girl floats backward into the dark, receding from your vision. "Really, drawing me out twice in two days. I might grow angry if you tax me like this. You would do well to be more carefu-- OUCH!"

Abruptly the encounter ends, just as the last one, with the absolute blackness being sucked violently back into little Rumia's little black dress. The poor thing tumbles to the ground, evidently having struck the back of her head against a low-hanging branch whilst retreating, and quite hard at that. She shivers a bit, then turns her head up to reveal that she appears to be back to normal. Her features are childish again, she has lost her poise, you could swear her height has been reduced an inch, and her eyes are no longer distant. You dare say that the more erudite Miss Rumia would have you worry more about the tears that well up in little Rumia's eyes, though, after that discussion.

"I," the poor girl sniffles, "I hit my head! It hurts!"

That expression is rather... oh, oh dear. She's crying. Great big streams of tears leak from her eyes, and she's beginning to let out trembling little wails. The sight of her distress causes an unpleasant little stirring in your chest -

( ) There is something terribly unpleasant about seeing a girl cry.

( ) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.

***

And we arrive at an interesting choice, with repercussions that may not be immediately obvious. Shouldn't be too hard though.

Sorry for the lack of attention this has gotten from me recently. It's not conducive to writing the story, let me tell you - it made picking it up again a little difficult.
>> No. 13064
(x) There is something terribly unpleasant about seeing a girl cry.
>> No. 13065
(O) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.

I'm not quite sure I know the difference between the two options, but I think this is more likely to end up with us helping poor Rumia feel a bit better.
>> No. 13066
( ) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.
>> No. 13067
( ) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.
>> No. 13068
(X) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.

Oh, I get it
The first choice is help out of our own selfish desires (not feeling uncomfortable) and the second is a genuine care for another.
>> No. 13069
(X) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.
>> No. 13071
[X] The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.
>> No. 13082
(x) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.
>> No. 13085
(x) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.
>> No. 13451
Nothing again?
>> No. 13478
>>13451

Yeah, I do apologize for that. I've definitely been neglecting this.

HLA ought to be coming to an end this week, though, and once that happens I'll be putting more effort into this. I'm thinking about changing the format of this slightly after this episode ends, too, and I think it ought to speed up the updates quite a bit - or at least make them feel more substantial. Sorry, but bear with me just a little while longer.

Sage for lack of updates.
>> No. 13613
File 123889310261.jpg - (156.52KB, 850x688, sample-e4641815dc3cfe3e889b47b9ade13306.jpg) [iqdb]
13613
>>13478

;_;
>> No. 13614
File 123889651874.jpg - (6.75KB, 251x251, 120723957045.jpg) [iqdb]
13614
>>13478
>HLA ought to be coming to an end this week
>> No. 14200
Lets hope for Sunday.
>> No. 14206
It's Sunday here.
>> No. 14207
Monday and Tuesday are holydays in my country, so it's like the extra weekends here and I have hope he will update on these days.
>> No. 14208
File 124016435971.jpg - (105.90KB, 600x600, Pouty Rumia.jpg) [iqdb]
14208
It's Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

Update, update, update.

***

(X) The thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is upsetting.

***

That expression is rather... oh, oh dear. She's crying. Great big streams of tears leak from her eyes, and she's beginning to let out trembling little wails. The sight of her distress causes an unpleasant little stirring in your chest - the thought that little Rumia might feel hurt is most upsetting.

Though providing emotional comfort is quite admittedly not the foremost area of your expertise, it would leave you feeling horrid if you were to leave her to fend for herself. The poor dear deserves a bit better than that, and so you resolve to sooth her as best you can. You dart over to the distraught girl, quickly now, and drop down on your knees to better allow you to embrace her. Immediately her hands grapple onto your shirt, and her head buries itself in your chest. You place a hand in her hair, gently rubbing the damaged area of her head, and whisper some soothing words to the girl.

While you have some worries about the efficacy of your attempt to cheer her, they are dispelled by Rumia's dwindling cries. In but a few moments her wails die into mere sniffles, and she regains her composure. She looks up at you with tears still in her eyes.

"It hurts a lot more to get hit in the back of the head than the front. Usually I hit the trees in the front."

Your rub her crown as comfortingly as you can.

"It happens often?"

She nods sadly. You give the poor dear a slight squeeze.

"Well then," you offer, "if you bump into trees so frequently on your own my dear, what say you allow me to take you about for now?"

"Okay." She sniffles a bit, but the dear girl does allow you to pick her up without resistance. You shift her about until you have a comfortable hold on her, then set out deeper into the woods once more.

Quite some time passes as you wander about - it would be more than a little helpful if you had some inkling of where you were headed, naturally. To your good fortune your passenger doesn't seem particularly bothered by your missteps, and is quite content to stay quiet - though she does give you some small warnings when you stray too close to something dangerous. It seems the little darling has better vision in the dark of night than you yourself, a feat that is admittedly rather impressive by most standards.

Regardless, your wandering eventually leads you to the edge of a clearing, and by a stroke of luck it seems as though it may be just what you have been looking for. A large swarm of those lovely, petite faeries occupies the clearing, buzzing with excitement and darting about leaving little glowing trails. The sheer number of the winged darlings is staggering - easily more faeries in one place than you've yet seen. While undoubtedly a very pretty sight, what with the cute girls and magical glows, it is slightly intimidating in a way.

Staying out of sight for the moment, you scan the clearing carefully, and-- ah, yes, there she is. Sitting on a stump, being fawned over by several of her companions, is your fairy, wringing her hands and blushing quite charmingly. Well, it appears that the girl you're after is here, but how shall you approach?

[ ] Well, you have personal business with your fairy. Just stroll on in and approach her.

[ ] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.

[ ] Perhaps an indirect approach? Ask Rumia to approach the girl for you - keeping yourself out of sight may be best for the moment, considering how shy your fairy can be.
>> No. 14209
[x] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.
>> No. 14210
[X] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.
>> No. 14211
[X] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.
>> No. 14212
[X] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.

Too obvious.
>> No. 14213
[ ] Well, you have personal business with your fairy. Just stroll on in and approach her.

Too obvious.
>> No. 14215
[X] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.

>>14212
>>14213

Yes, too obvious. I have no idea what's going on.
>> No. 14219
Végre ápdét!

[†] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.
>> No. 14350
Update. Weekend`s over.
>> No. 14355
File 124089234258.jpg - (313.00KB, 960x960, d4dd5ef342faf45a9f82d8340476bae8.jpg) [iqdb]
14355
>> No. 14356
File 124089240615.jpg - (63.04KB, 480x640, dae07812bc086a1fe0014d12dd6436b1.jpg) [iqdb]
14356
>> No. 14357
File 124089292120.jpg - (263.02KB, 800x848, 9d72e0cae39d8a6d7238261c903a5948.jpg) [iqdb]
14357
>> No. 14384
File 124095467710.png - (196.61KB, 600x748, patchy149.png) [iqdb]
14384
>>14355
>>14356
>>14357

HNNGGGHHHH~.

Alright, I have an update coming. But seriously folks, it's the week before finals, and I'm swamped with work. Everything should pick up quite a bit the weekend after next.
>> No. 14385
File 124095474512.png - (17.87KB, 500x600, rumia119.png) [iqdb]
14385
[X] Now, now, be polite - announce your entrance, introduce yourself, all that. You are here to ask for some time with your fairy, and being that this is her family you are dealing with, there are certain rules of etiquette to be followed.

***

When you consider that the faeries you are about to approach may well be family to your own fairy, it becomes clear what you must do. There are, after all, certain rules of etiquette to follow when meeting with a young lady's family, especially so when it is you intent to take that young lady on a private outing. Begging her pardon, you put little Rumia down just as gently as you can manage, and set about straightening your tie, your hat - making sure that your personal effects are in order.

"What are you doing, mister?"

Rumia watches you curiously, standing on her toe tips, arms spread wide.

"Merely making myself presentable, my dear. One should always look their best when confronting the other sex."

"Is that so?" She hums quietly. "Would you do that for me?"

"Of course."

"How about for Wriggle?"

"Naturally."

"Cirno?"

"Undoubtedly."

"Mystia?"

"Especially so. She is also my immediate superior, after all."

"Why?"

... what's this now?

"Pardon me, dear?"

"I asked why. Why do you have to make yourself look all nice for us?"

Well, obviously, that...

Come to think about it, you never really have taken the time to think about it. This has always just been the way it is, but that really isn't the most satisfactory of answers, now is it? Not to mention that it is not entirely true - when you really consider the facts of the matter, you cannot help but acknowledge that appearing before these girls at anything less than your best is a troubling notion for reasons entirely separate from principle. You simply feel... well, it's not entirely simple if it makes you feel, now is it?

So.

"I'm not sure. I suppose I never gave it much thought."

"Oh. Okay." Little Rumia cocks her head. "But I'll try it next time, too. I'll make myself look real nice."

"I would like that," you admit with a smile, patting the little darling on the head. "But if you will excuse me, my dear..."

She nods and skips off a little ways into the forest, leaving you to your own devices. Satisfied with your own appearance for the moment, you proceed to peek around the trees and slip closer to the clearing. Taking a deep breath, you rap your knuckles against a particularly resonant tree, attracting the attention of the faeries.

"Excuse me--" You step out into plain view, but no sooner than the words leave your mouth do the faeries erupt into a flurry of activity.

"Human!"

The call echoes about the clearing, passed from fairy to fairy, the darling creatures thronging together into groups. Amidst all this, however, one particular group breaks up, each fairy diving into another cluster of winged girls; a new wave of shouts passes, and the faeries scatter. You are not entirely sure how it happens, precisely, but you find yourself surrounded by a ring of faeries, who seem to be blocking off any exit from the clearing you may once have had.

The only fairy not in the circle is your fairy, who sits upon her tree stump, twirling one of her braids around one finger nervously, a bashful little blush on her face. The girl looks quite pretty, and the lovely shade of red in her cheeks suits her marvelously. You doff your hat respectfully as you walk up to her, and a round of appreciative hums passes around the circle of faeries.

The crowd of faeries seems to move in closer, watching quite intently as you approach your own fairy, and you have to say that the effect is rather... embarrassing. It is most unusual, but you are starting to feel just a tad bit... self-conscious in front of all these girls; you catch yourself tugging at your tie nervously, and quickly put a stop to that before you chance to make yourself look too ungentlemanly.

Well, quelling your sudden surprising affliction of self-consciousness, you stroll up to your fairy and kneel down to put yourself on a more even plain with her. She looks up shyly and smiles at you, but glances around the clearing at her companions, her blush deepening. The audience seems to be having an impact on her, as well.

You extend your hand, and the small girl reaches up to take it, resting her own, much smaller hand in yours. You run your thumb across her soft skin, and she looks down quite modestly. It occurs to you now that you have neither a plan for what to say so as to convince her to come along with you, nor a plan for what to spend your time with her on.

[ ] Write in a way to excuse yourself with your fairy.
[ ] Write in an activity to spend time with her on until Cirno can get back.
>> No. 14387
[X] Write in an activity to spend time with her on until Cirno can get back.
-[X] Hopscotch

Bitches love hopscotch
>> No. 14401
[X] Write in an activity to spend time with her on until Cirno can get back.
-[X] Hopscotch

Perhaps not the most dapper of activities, but perhaps....
>> No. 14402
>>14387
>>14401

I don't think those two options were meant to be separate. Think of a way to excuse yourself and the fairy, then think of something to do once the two of you are alone while waiting for Cirno.
>> No. 14417
>>14402
Hopscotch isn't nearly as fun with only two people.
>> No. 14448
I hate options like this, I'm drawing a blank.
>> No. 14450
Well I love them, since it's nearly unpredictable to come with one solution. Although it's best to go for the second, spurt of the moment
[X] Write in an activity to spend time with her on until Cirno can get back.
Also, WTF is Hopscotch. Damn, I thought I was good at English, but that proves I'm still lacking at some things.
>> No. 14451
>>14402

Clarification:

This guy is right.
>> No. 14452
Eh... we need time to think up of some more options.


Saging self for not contributing one.
>> No. 14453
>>14385
What a bother. On the one hand, some one-on-one time would be for the best since it'll be tough to fully express ourselves in the presence of every fairy in the forest. However, wandering off alone with her is going to send all sorts of mixed signals. However, whatever Cirno's plan happens to be, it'd probably be best to be alone with her when it goes down.

[X] Excuse yourself with your fairy: ask her to show you where she picked those flowers.

Maybe we can find some agrimony, pear blossom, and morning glory to clear this up. Cirno will still be angry at us for running off to some random part of the forest.
What a bother.
>> No. 14454
[X] Excuse yourself with your fairy: ask her to show you where she picked those flowers.
>> No. 14461
>>14453

It's not like Cirno is hard to win back over...
>> No. 14482
>>14461
Unless she gets pissed off and turns us into a mancicle...
>> No. 14495
>>14482
"Only one in three, only one in three...!"
>> No. 14500
>>14495

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 14577
>>14495

I missed the reference.
'Splain plz.
>> No. 14578
>>14577

Cirno likes to freeze frogs and watch them thaw. Every one in three she does this to shatters.

See, explaining a joke or reference is like dissecting a frog. Everyone understands it better, but it dies in the process.
>> No. 14589
>>14578
>killing frogs and talking about Cirno

Do ho ho ho ho
>> No. 14590
>>14577
>>14578
I like that analogy.

But specifically, I was referring to:
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhou_Love_Stories:_The_Bad_Ends_(third_thread)#Cirno_.28by_Ice_.E2.91.A8.2C_2003-08-10.29
>> No. 14591
[X] Excuse yourself with your fairy: ask her to show you where she picked those flowers.
>> No. 14638
[X] Excuse yourself with your fairy: ask her to show you where she picked those flowers.
>> No. 14660
File 124175058870.jpg - (270.74KB, 1000x1000, WTFMYSTIA.jpg) [iqdb]
14660
Have some nightmare fuel.
>> No. 14661
>>14660

It worked.
>> No. 14662
File 12417535089.jpg - (186.54KB, 1200x768, 829aa3a01fdbdd09502ede5e637c001a.jpg) [iqdb]
14662
50 years ;__;
>> No. 14686
>>14662
fuck u
>> No. 14734
[X] Excuse yourself with your fairy: ask her to show you where she picked those flowers.

Can't think of a damn thing.
>> No. 14742
You skipped 2 weeks Patchwork. Update ASAP.
>> No. 14800
File 124214655145.jpg - (199.08KB, 800x705, Cirno.jpg) [iqdb]
14800
Right, finals week is finally over, and I no longer feel like crap, so here's this to make up for my extended absence. I should be getting back to updating regularly on weekends; I have no excuse not to, so complain if I don't.

***

[X] Excuse yourself with your fairy: ask her to show you where she picked those flowers.

***

Sparing your spectators a polite cough, you climb back onto your feet, bringing your fairy up with you. The diminutive girl flutters her wings and looks about her uncertainly; she appears to be just as unsure as yourself on how exactly to escape from the circle of spectators all around you. While you would love to part from the lovely little ladies with a little more flair, neither you nor your fairy seem to be comfortable standing about and waiting for you to think of a more dynamic exit.

"If you will excuse us, ladies?" Your parting words really are rather lacking, but nonetheless you lead your fairy away from the clearing, and she follows quite obediently - eagerly, even. Not that you can blame her... being the center of that sort of attention is quite unnerving. The other faeries all crowd together as you take your leave, whispering and giggling amongst themselves.

Slipping into the trees is therefore quite relieving... at least for a short while. Though your fairy is quite visibly calmer, setting down on your shoulder and resting herself against your head peacefully, you cannot help but experience the nagging sensation of being watched. While at first unnerving, you soon spot several pairs of the translucent insect-like wings that are the signature of faeries poking out of various bushes and trees on your path, alerting you to the fact that the faeries from the clearing appear to be following you... which, coming to think about it, still remains quite unnerving.

Well, a distraction would be in order, wouldn't you say?

"My dear," you rouse your fairy's attention, and the little darling sits up straight once again. "The flowers you gave me yesterday were quite lovely. I can't help but feel curious, you see, so may I ask you to show me where you acquired them?"

Your fairy stares inquisitively at you and shakes her head, but soon smiles brightly and flutters off of your shoulder. She floats in front of you, motioning shyly for you to follow her. Taking her hand, you provoke another reddening of her cheeks, and allow her to gently tug you in one direction. She lacks the strength to move you on her own, but it is simple enough to let her direct your path.

Soon you emerge into yet another clearing in the forest, though this one looks rather bereft of growth, save for some small clumps of mushrooms. Curious. Regardless, your fairy pulls you along and motions for you to sit down in front of a particularly prodigious fungus. You take your seat as she requests, and she in turn touches down on the cap of the large mushroom, momentarily stumbling on the curved surface.

Once your fairy has regained her balance, she straightens her dress out and throws her arms out to the side as though she were preparing an embrace. Nothing appears to happen, and you mimic her action. This does not seem to be what she was looking for, as it launches her into a short fit of giggles. She motions for you to put your arms down, and you cannot help but feel a bit silly.

Once her slight laughter subsides, she returns to her previous pose, still smiling. Again, nothing appears to...

Hold on, now.

The clearing dims quite a bit, and a soft glow issues from your fairy. Many of the mushroom clusters light up as well, small globes of luminescence breaking off from them and floating through the air like fireflies. The glowing motes swirl through the air and gather in front of your fairy in a rather pretty show, before converging into a single glowing spot that rapidly changes shape. When the light fades away it reveals a single red rose, still sparkling faintly, floating in front of your fairy. The little dear grasps the oddly thornless stem and holds the flower up to you shyly.

You take the rose gingerly, and take a whiff... it smells fresh as a real, living rose. Rolling the stem absently between your fingers, it occurs to you that the reason she could not show you where she picked the flowers must have been...

"You made the flowers, my dear?"

She nods, clasping her hands together and averting her gaze from you momentarily. That's... well, that's a number of things, now isn't it? The appropriate response can only be...

"Thank you."

She looks back up at you, beaming, and the clearing dims once again.

---

Your fairy smiles in her sleep, and wiggles about, nestling herself more comfortably in your lap. She's quite the charming little thing when she sleeps.

"Oi, stupid!"

A quiet hiss from the nearby bushes seizes your attention, and you spot none other than Cirno hidden amongst the brush. She casts a searching eye across the area, before hustling out of the bushes as quietly as she can - which isn't very, but fortunately does not wake your fairy from her slumber.

Cirno crawls over to you, but gives you an odd look once she comes close.

"What's that in your hair?"

Your hand instinctively brushes the flower crown your fairy made for you, and you cough discreetly.

"I'm afraid that's not particularly important right now, dear. Did you have any luck with the flowers?"

Crown forgotten immediately, Cirno puts on as serious an expression as you have seen on a fairy, and immediately produces a small selection of morning glories and striped carnations.

"Right, these are the ones that mean you refuse someone! If you give these to her, then she'll definitely understand!"

[ ] Right then, you have what you need to end this miscommunication.
[ ] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
>> No. 14813
[X] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
>> No. 14815
[X] Right then, you have what you need to end this miscommunication.

Morning glories mean affection, striped carnations mean refusal.
"My dear, I do care for you very, very much, but our love simply cannot be."
>> No. 14819
[†] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
>> No. 14833
[X] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...

This will lead to write-in. Any idea how will we solve this situation?
>> No. 14834
[!/] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
>> No. 14836
[ ] Right then, you have what you need to end this miscommunication.

I'm afraid I don't get all these flower meanings.
>> No. 14837
>>14833
>This will lead to write-in. Any idea how will we solve this situation?

I think we'd do something to soften the bruise to her ego, probably by making our own embarrassing public display. A bouquet for Mystia of the appropriately amorous flowers, like that rose, in front of the fairy host would do. This way, we show show her that there is a greater love at stake than her infatuation.
>> No. 14841
[x] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...

I don't even want to refuse her.
>> No. 14843
[x] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
[x] "Cirno! What are the flowers for passionate, consummate love? Like this rose! I think it'd put this into perspective for her if she sees me give those to Mystia."

A torrid, scandalous, debauched love!

The exact implications might go over Mystia's head, but she'll take the sentiment as an apology for making her angry earlier.
>> No. 14851
[x] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
[x] "Cirno! What are the flowers for passionate, consummate love? Like this rose! I think it'd put this into perspective for her if she sees me give those to Mystia."

Well, wether ot not Mystia will know what the flowers mean, the gesture should be enough of an apology. Let's just hope that our little admirer won't go all yanyan on us for it though...

...as interesting as that would be.
>> No. 14880
[x] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
>> No. 14883
[x] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...
>> No. 15002
File 124254372644.jpg - (109.53KB, 614x461, LessThanPleased.jpg) [iqdb]
15002
[X] Just refusal? That seems crass. Something's missing...

***

Morning glories, and striped carnations. Well, those are certainly the flowers that would signify a rejection of a woman's affection, but... it seems rather crass to do naught but reject the poor dear, doesn't it? Yes, simply handing these flowers to your fairy would be quite the casual dismissal of her feelings, and that simply will not do; you have no desire to leave the girl distraught.

"Hey, come on, stupid!" Cirno hisses, pressing the flowers forward. "Take 'em before she gets up!"

You raise a hand to stop her insistence, and rest a hand firmly on her shoulder. Now, if you can just recall the flowers you need... ah, yes, those will do nicely.

"Cirno, listen to me for just a moment. I would like you to find something else for me..."

---

You sift through the small bouquet now in your possession, checking it over one last time; it is, in fact, just what you asked Cirno to procure for you. Good. Your fairy is beginning to stir, and it would not do to come up short given the importance of the message you intend to convey. As your fairy blinks away the last of her sleep, you prepare yourself for the task at hand.

"Awake, my dear?"

Your fairy looks sleepily up at you from her resting place in your lap, and gives you a small smile as she nods the affirmative. Affording her a smile of your own, you gently help her into a sitting position; it is now or never, then, as they say.

"Excuse me, my dear, but I have something very important to give you. It may upset you, but... if you would only promise to try and understand, I would be most reassured."

She cocks her head quite quizzically, and you bring the bouquet to bear, presenting her with the assortment of snowdrops and rue that Cirno acquired at your behest; an appropriate symbol of regret and consolations for your fairy, given the severity of your coming action. She appears to understand the sentiment, but is most confused by it, and gazes anxiously up at you as she takes the flowers from your hands. With a careful and deliberate motion, you withdraw the single striped carnation hidden within your sleeve, and offer it to her. Passing the small bouquet to one hand, your fairy reaches up and accepts the carnation carefully; she examines it mutely, her once cheerful countenance growing sad. She turns her eyes back up to you, her despondent pout almost making you flinch; anything less than cheer simply does not suit her at all...

"I truly am sorry, my dear. I may have given you the wrong impression earlier, but I..."

She nods once again, her shoulders sagging. Hanging her head, she sniffles, leaning all her weight against you as she curls up a bit. You draw her a little closer in an attempt to comfort her, running your fingers through her soft hair absently as you listen to her quiet puffs of sadness, and the lone whimpers that escape her every now and again. You remain silent throughout, granting her the moment she needs.

After a long while, she eventually straightens up. She looks back up at you at last, and though still she looks sad, she offers a weak smile. She glows softly for a moment, a single orb of light forming in front of her; the small seed soon unfolds into a new flower: a single yellow rose. She looks hopefully up at you, the flower floating up toward you all on its own. A yellow rose means...

Of course. Carefully you pluck the blossom from the air, quickly affixing it to the arrangement already pinned upon your shirt. You may not be able to accept her feelings of love, but her feelings of friendship are more than merely welcome.

A wondrous thing happens once that flower is attached to your little corsage. One by one, the lilacs and carnations metamorphose into further yellow roses, and some lovely pear blossoms. Your fairy's smile grows a little at that, and smile back at her.

"Shall we stay together a little longer?"

Instead of an answer, your fairy merely closes her eyes and rests herself completely against you, her soft smile never leaving her.

---

"I owe you some thanks, Cirno," you remark as you use several long strands of grass to tie off the small arrangement of agrimony and Canterbury bells you've been picking during your walk back to the stall.

"Course you do!" She exclaims proudly, thumping her chest. "But that was good thinking with the other flowers! I guess you're not too bad after all, Mister!"

She claps you on your back with a surprising degree of force, and you find yourself stumbling along just a bit before you can recover. Quite the arm on that one.

"I appreciate your approval," you offer with a laugh. You can spot the road up ahead, as well as the red glow of the stall's lantern, and you pause. "I do believe we may want to part ways here, Cirno. I must admit I left Miss Lorelei in a bit of a foul mood, and I wouldn't wish for you to be caught up in my trouble."

"Kay." Cirno flutters her wings in a rather pretty display of light, and turns to head off, waving cheerfully as she goes. "Misty's no fun when she's angry anyway! See you later, Mister!"

You wave with less enthusiasm as little Cirno flies off to wheresoever it is that she goes. It seems it is time for you to face the music. Take a deep breath for reassurance, now, and step out onto the road.

You stroll as calmly as you can toward the familiar eel stand up ahead, noting as you approach that Wriggle has long departed, and little Rumia has not returned. It would appear that you will be on your own entirely. It is just as well; this is your trouble, after all. Finally the seemingly endless walk to the stall comes to a close, leaving you standing awkwardly before the counter.

Miss Lorelei stands in silence behind the counter, polishing a glass. She does not so much as look up, though you feel certain that she must have heard you coming, considering her rather astounding senses.

"I am back, Miss Lorelei."

A rather weak statement, but it is all you have at hand.

"Are you?"

Still she does not look up; it is quite difficult to miss the perturbation in her tone. You present the bouquet you have assembled as politely as you can, and at last Miss Lorelei permits herself to look up at you. Setting aside the glass, she reaches out and takes the arrangement of flowers from you, examining it in a most detached fashion.

"What's this?"

"My gratitude. I realize it is not much, but you did after all permit me to deal with my business."

She purses her lips in a most sour manner.

"Is that all you have to say for yourself?"

... well, is it?

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 15004
[x] "I have more to convey than merely my gratitude."
[x] Give her the red rose.
>> No. 15012
[X] "My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repayed."
>> No. 15013
[X] "My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repayed."
Oh my, so formal, and promising something that's beyond our control, dangerous as well. I like it.
>> No. 15014
[X] "My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repayed."
>> No. 15016
[X] "My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."
>> No. 15017
>I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repayed.

This is not what she wants to hear. At all.

You tell her you broke your relationship with the fairy, because your boss viewed it as a distraction? Much less than making her feel unloved, you'll make her feel like a monster as well.

Rumia rebuked you when you did this the last time, but it seems you haven't learned anything at all. Stop acting the fool.
>> No. 15019
[!/] "My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."

Sounds good.
>> No. 15020
>>15017

Cut out the 'without further distraction' and it'd be fine.
>> No. 15021
>My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission

This entire thing just sounds sarcastic.

[X] "Sorry. I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."

Done.
>> No. 15022
[X] "Sorry. I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."
>> No. 15026
[X] "Sorry. I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."
>> No. 15027
>>15017

Don't forget that you're implying the only reason you're there is because of a debt, and furthermore that these 'distractions' will begin anew once you've paid it off.

On the other hand, if this is part of a concerted effort to break her tsundere shell in the manner of Sanae by Cuchulain (the killing with kindness approach), it might be very effective.
>> No. 15030
>>15027

Well, we kinda are only here because we wrecked Mystia's stand. If we hadn't been dumb enough to dive into her stand while being chased by fairies, would we have come?

But I mean what you implied, with a slightly different interpretation.
We're only here right now because of the debt, and we will get distracted after it has been payed. However, Mystia will become that distraction if we can ever get her to soften enough.
>> No. 15031
>We're only here right now because of the debt, and we will get distracted after it has been payed.

That is exactly what she is afraid to hear. To her, the debt is the only thing keeping you at her side, as you've made it clear at every opportunity that you can only see her as your boss. Since she is obviously interested in you, and because the conditions of repayment are up to her, as long as you remain adamant about "keeping things professional" you'll be stuck in this dysfunctional non-relationship.
>> No. 15032
>>15031

Still forgetting one factor.

We are Anonymous of THP. We pull heel face turns faster then a rival villain in a TV show.
>> No. 15034
[X] "My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."
>> No. 15035
>>15031

Oi, oi.
Am I just missing the mark that much, or are you missing the point?

Let me put it this way then:
After the debt is payed off, we make Mystia our buisness. And we let her know that.
Maybe not right now, but when she's in a good mood again, we bring up the subject and let her know we're not about to leave her, even when we pay off the damage.

Blunt enough yet?
>> No. 15036
>After the debt is payed off

That's simply not going to happen.
>> No. 15038
>>15036
Like a tsundere learning to tone her shit down or be all dere. Even past the end of the episode/arc.
>> No. 15054
>>15036

Great, now I'm imagining this little scene:

Mr. Dapper: "My dear Mystia, what is it you wish to for me to do to settle my debt to you?"

Mystia: "Hmm... Nothing."

Mr. Dapper: "But how will I repay you?"

Mystia: "Silly man. I don't want anything from you."

Mr. Dapper: "But surely-"

Mystia: *giggles* "Don't you see? You are the payment.~"
>> No. 15056
>You are the payment.~

And then Mr. Dapper was a monies.
>> No. 15057
>And then Mr. Dapper was eaten by a youkai

When people get sexually frustrated enough they often sublimate it into violence. One day she's going to rip your genitals right off.
>> No. 15073
>>15057
that seems counterproductive
>> No. 15151
>>15073

Yes, you could quite literally say, 'It runs counter to reproduction.'
>> No. 15209
File 124319851291.jpg - (43.03KB, 850x770, patch_bait.jpg) [iqdb]
15209
>> No. 15210
File 12431986514.jpg - (137.37KB, 432x435, patch_bait2.jpg) [iqdb]
15210
>> No. 15215
>I should be getting back to updating regularly on weekends; I have no excuse not to, so complain if I don't.
>> No. 15220
File 12432899698.jpg - (391.57KB, 1275x975, Irritating.jpg) [iqdb]
15220
>>15209
>>15210

Ah, Wriggle~

***

[X] "My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."

***

"My deepest apologies for letting my personal issues become a higher priority than my commitment to you before you gave permission. But rest assured that such issues have been settled, and I will continue to serve you without further distraction until my debt is repaid."

You offer her a sincere bow, and rise to face her response. It is less than you had hoped for.

A hardening of her eyes, a tightening of her lips, a tensing of her muscles; it is all these things together that alert you to her irritation at your response. Without a further word, she deposits the bouquet beneath the counter, and makes to close the shutter. Keeping her gaze off of you, she pauses to speak before bringing down the hanging.

"I thought I would at least show you how to clean off the grill tonight, but never mind. Get in and go to sleep."

The slam of the screen as it closes lends a certain sense of finality to her words. For a moment you are left dazed, a distinctly uncomfortable sensation not unlike helplessness overcoming you. What, precisely, was it that Miss Lorelei wished to hear? This is... vexing is the word, isn't it?

You trudge around to the door feeling rather disheartened, and find Miss Lorelei to already be bundled up in her sheets and nestled away in a corner. The small stand becomes pitch dark once you shut the door behind you, and leaves you to stew in silence. Carefully making your way to the corner opposite Miss Lorelei, you sit yourself down and tilt your cap over your eyes - not that it makes much difference in the dark - in an attempt to settle in and sleep.

For several long minutes you find yourself struggling to hold still; at last, you concede, your restlessness is unlikely to abate for some time, and you venture a whisper.

"Miss Lorelei?"

"What?" Ah, she is not asleep yet either.

"I really didn't mean t--"

"I know you didn't. That doesn't make it any less irritating. Now be quiet; I don't want to talk with you right now."

The vague bundle of sheets shifts as Miss Lorelei adjusts her position, and then settles back down, leaving the stall silent once again. Uneasy and confused, you resign yourself to preparing for a long and difficult day.

---

Episode 1 - Build Me Up Buttercup END

A disappointing conclusion to be sure, Anonymous. Not to worry much, yet; you did well in the prologue, and there is always tomorrow, but do try to do better.
>> No. 15221
I wonder what people think the ultimate goal is.
>> No. 15222
But hey at least we made that fairy cry, right?
>> No. 15229
>>15222

You make it sound like we did horrible.
>> No. 15232
>>15229

For the brainless, mass runoff of /eintei/, one might even suggest you did fairly well.
>> No. 15238
>>15221
That's a pretty good question to ask ourselves, actually. On the one hand, I'm a little hard pressed to figure out how one would go about determining that the goal of the story is to resolve relatively straight-forward situations while maintaining a strictly professional relationship with a beautiful young woman that holds a great amount of thinly veiled affection for the protagonist. Striving for a purely neutral relationship is at odds with the state of affairs from the conclusion of the prologue where we had clearly established the relationship as more than co-workers and less than lovers with the latter probably being what we should strive for. Stating that this business-like arrangement will last only for a set duration (and by implication, no more than that under any means) is also likely to compound (and already has) problems resulting from how troubled Mystia is with expressing said affection.

On the other hand, I can't really blame the voting population for making decisions that are contrary to past developments when updates are, at a minimum, 7 days apart and the current (non-autosaged) thread spans more than 3 months.

C'est la vie. If Rumia doesn't eat us for our perpetual screw-ups, it should make any progress that much more satisfying.
>> No. 15253
>>15238

There is still the possibility of a Ku-chan-type reversal.

However, Ku-chan had made a declaration from the beginning that he would protect Sanae's interests, if not entirely in a romantic way then at least in the capacity of friendship.

Our young man here however, is all business. Even if he has shown quite a bit of concern for her feelings, he has reassured her at every occasion that he would do so the same anyone, so that she is not special, except that she is his employer.

This sort of dynamic might work between Remilia and Sakuya, but Mystia has made overtures aplenty that she wants the young man in full capacity as both her subordinate and as her lover.

Another difference is the power of the players involved. Mystia is a youkai and the young man is just that, so if it comes to violence, she may seriously injure him. Likely, she would then become horrified at herself. The relationship is saved by the protagonist, who, though injured, makes his feelings clear: He cannot forgive her because in his eyes she can do no wrong. His love for her was unconditional from the start. Submissive End.

The other indirect path is a more aggressive & business-oriented one. He will become the perfect fry cook. He puts up advertisements, expands operations, maybe even manages to put up the funds for a permanent restaurant. All the while, Mystia feels more and more marginalized; her business is no longer something she recognizes, and what's more it's being run by someone else, someone more capable. Jealousy and confusion boil over, there is a confrontation, where he reveals his designs; not to make a fool of her or to out-do her, but to impress her, to make himself an important--even necessary--part of her life, and then she remembers that she wanted him to look at her the same way. Hatesex End.

The boy did work until he passed out, if I remember well enough, simply to make a point about being rationed water. I think he's capable of going down these roads, but it will be very hard. Voters will have to think in the long term and must expect quite a bit of these >>15220 before they reach their prize.
>> No. 15258
>>15232

I, for one, enjoy Eirin's drug cocktails.
>> No. 15265
>>15253
>Voters will have to think in the long term and must expect quite a bit of these >>15220 before they reach their prize.

Call me crazy, but considering the type of story this is, I think quite a few more >>15220 are going to result in a Bad End.
>> No. 15339
Alright, time for a confession /forest/.

I feel like I've really mishandled this story. My original plan of writing this on the weekends alone doesn't really seem to work very well; it would be fine if this were just a silly story, but even as lighthearted as WftW is, it still has a fairly serious aspect to it in the relationship with Mystia. I feel like I can't really do her justice under this schedule, especially because it just causes the story to drag. I'm not really happy with how I've written several parts of this, too, which might also be a problem stemming from the schedule - it always takes work for me to get back into the groove for writing this, and I'm not sure I ever really get there. This effect is mitigated somewhat by the episodic format of WftW, but it just isn't combated enough.

So, realizing the issues I'm having with this, I think I'm just going to nip this problem in the bud. I'm going to throw this story on the backburner and put it on an indefinite hiatus. I'm about ready to start HLA's post-game, and then transition into HLA2.0, and that's what I'm going to turn my attention to for now; I'm going to go back and rework WftW from the ground up until I've figured out a way to make this story into what I really wanted it to be. Sorry for this, but I don't want to carry on and end up mucking up what should be a good story.

Saging self because this isn't an update, and anyone who's interested will stumble across it soon enough.
>> No. 15340
>>15339

It's all about the hiatuses with you writers.
>> No. 15341
>>15339
>I'm going to throw this story on the backburner and put it on an indefinite hiatus.

Urge to kill rising, rising, risi-

>I'm about ready to start HLA's post-game, and then transition into HLA2.0

Urge to kill fading, fading...fading.
>> No. 15348
>>15339
>I'm about ready to start HLA's post-game, and then transition into HLA2.0, and that's what I'm going to turn my attention to for now

Hooray!
>> No. 15352
>>15339

Do so and you will be forgiven.

*Waits rabidly patiently*
>> No. 15449
>>15339
>I'm going to throw this story on the backburner and put it on an indefinite hiatus.

Urge to kill rising, rising, risi-

>I'm about ready to start HLA's post-game, and then transition into HLA2.0

Urge to kill rising, rising, rising...
>> No. 21446
>>15449 Complete agreement. Come back here please, this story was far better than Easy mode sex.
>> No. 21459
File 128305769863.jpg - (61.69KB, 698x680, 1208227286373.jpg) [iqdb]
21459
>>21446

YOU SON OF A BITCH.

THIS VERSION OF THE STORY IS DEAD, IF IT COMES BACK IT'S GOING TO BE A REBOOT.

FUCK YOU
>> No. 21463
File 128309090519.jpg - (48.71KB, 593x610, e231f4b8272e7710cdf0f2b3f861641b.jpg) [iqdb]
21463
>>21459
>> No. 21469
It hurts, this necro bump.

I do not approve.
>> No. 21490
Well, you know what they say about a dead horse: poke it enough and it starts rolling downhill on its own.
>> No. 22314
>>15339
>I'm going to throw this story on the backburner and put it on an indefinite hiatus.
Does that means there's still hope?
Does that means there will be "Working for the Weekend 2.0" one day?
Does that means I'll be able to read it before 2012?

Forgot to sage.
>> No. 22315
>>22314
>Forgot to sage.
God damn it, man. Oh well, it appears to be an accident, nothing to flip shit about.
>> No. 22318
>>22314

These are the questions many have asked, but no answer has been heard. We can only wait, and hope.

Isn't it sad, Mystia?
>> No. 24551
>>22314
>Reading before 2012
Guess not.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x