[Return]
Archived thread

File 123463819363.jpg - (66.00KB , 847x600 , reimu (109).jpg ) [iqdb]
12261 No. 12261
[x] Go inside, try to find her.

You step inside the doorway, closing it behind you. The inside is really quiet; there's no animal noises or anything coming from inside, like there would be out in the forest. You walk as quietly as you can.

You peek through one of the doors leading off from the main room. She's not in there, either. This one smells like food, though, and there's all kinds of interesting things lying around. You want to go look, but... that's not your mission at the minute.

Peeking in the other doors, you find one that leads to a long room with other doors coming off of it. Maybe she's in one of those? You'll have to look.

The first door has a room with a bunch of shelves, the second has a weird stone floor to go with it's weird stone bowl at the far end, but the third... has a mass of cloth on the floor. A bed. You creep closer, and notice the top of a head sticking out of one of the ends. It's got lighter hair, orange, instead of the black that you were expecting.

...no, this is another youkai. Not Reimu. You creep back out of the room and close the door, trying to be quiet. The next room down has another mass of cloth, and another head sticking out; this time with black hair. She's a human, so this is probably Reimu. You creep inside, trying to be extra quiet. It looks like she found another pillow for the night.

Reimu stirs a bit from under her cloth, rolling over. You can see the top of her face now.

“Mmm...”

She mumbles something, and her eyes flutter a bit. They open, and look right at you. At first she looks confused, but that quickly changes. You feel a little uneasy.

[ ] “Hi, I brought this back.”
[ ] Drop the pillow, escape.
[ ] Throw the pillow at her, escape.
[ ] Write-in.

>> No. 12262
[X] “Hi, I brought this back.”
>> No. 12263
[X] “Hi, I brought this back Onee-sama.”

Go go turbo moè.
>> No. 12264
[X] “Hi, I brought this back.”
>> No. 12265
[X] “Hi, I brought this back.”
>> No. 12266
[X] “Hi, I brought this back.”
>> No. 12267
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”
>> No. 12268
[X] “Hi, I brought this back.”

Im pretty sure we can't turn back now (without getting blasted by trying getting away)so meh.
>> No. 12269
[ ] Feign Death.
[x] Drop the pillow, escape.

I like the idea of fear itself being afraid of humans.
>> No. 12270
[ ] “Hi, I brought this back.”
>> No. 12271
[X] “Hi, I brought this back Onee-sama.”
>> No. 12272
[ ] Feign death

Against the flow!
>> No. 12273
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”
[x] "Don't blame Misty. She did it on a dare because she lost a game, and... I think she got the wrong thing anyway."
[x] Drop the pillow, escape.

Hey, at least we weren't spending our time mauling humans, amirite?
>> No. 12275
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”
[x] "Don't blame Misty. She did it on a dare because she lost a game, and... I think she got the wrong thing anyway."
>> No. 12276
[x] Hug Reimu
>> No. 12277
{X} “Hi, I brought this back.”
{X} "Don't blame Misty. She did it on a dare because she lost a game, and... I think she got the wrong thing anyway."
>> No. 12278
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”
>> No. 12279
[ ] Throw the pillow at her, escape.

Phobe's first danmaku. Sniff, I'm so proud of her!
>> No. 12280
>>12279
Oh good lord. Pillow power? HNNNNNNGGGHH
>> No. 12281
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”
[x] "Don't blame Misty. She did it on a dare because she lost a game, and... I think she got the wrong thing anyway."
[x] Drop the pillow, escape.
>> No. 12283
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”
[x] "Don't blame Misty. She did it on a dare because she lost a game, and... I think she got the wrong thing anyway."
[X] Throw the pillow at her, escape.

Throwing the pillow becuase of >>12279
Although this combination is just asking for trouble.
>> No. 12285
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”
[x] "Misty only took it because she lost the game and had to do it on a dare."
[x] Turn 360 degrees and walk out of there.
>> No. 12287
[X] “Hi, I brought this back.”
[X] "Don't blame Misty. She did it on a dare because she lost the game, and... I think she got the wrong thing anyway."
[X] Drop the pillow, escape.
>> No. 12288
[x] “Hi, I brought this back.”

“Hi, I brought this back.”

You move the pillow forward a bit, holding it out like an offering. Reimu groans, moving her hand up to her face.

“...this early...”

“Hm?”

She sighs, and mumbles again, “Tonight is just annoying...”

“But it's morning,” You say, noticing that the light from the outside is being blocked from coming in the only window for this room.

She groans again, and rolls over. “I don't even care anymore,” She says, mumbling away from you this time. “Just leave it and get out.”

Well, it is hers; if she wants it here, you can leave it here. “Ok,” You say, putting the pillow down. “Bye.”

You turn around and leave the room, making sure to close the door to it as you do. It's not really that early, so why was she still sleeping? Maybe she's a lazy human. You head down the hall, out the front door, and back into the light. The uneasy feeling lifts a bit as the sun hits your face. Now what, you wonder? You sit down on the ground to think about it, looking at the large clouds that are moving by.

After a while, you notice a black dot moving across the sky. It looks like it's going to pass overhead in a minute or so. It's not that interesting right now, but you know enough to know that it could be.

[ ] Fly up, try to see what it is.
[ ] Ignore it, see if Mystia is awake yet.
[ ] Ignore it, go explore aimlessly.
[ ] Ignore it, try to find that store Rumia described yesterday.
[ ] Ignore it, try to find that man who chased you yesterday.
>> No. 12289
[x] Fly up, try to see what it is.

Curious Youkai is curious.
>> No. 12290
[x] Ignore it, try to find that man who chased you yesterday.

The time is now! We have to find him.
>> No. 12291
[X] Fly up, try to see what it is.

Ah, the inquisitiveness of childish wonder.
>> No. 12292
[x] Ignore it, see if Mystia is awake yet.
[x] Take her shopping at Kourin's with you.
>> No. 12293
[ ] Fly up, try to see what it is.
>> No. 12294
[ ] Ignore it, try to find that man who chased you yesterday.
>> No. 12295
[X] Ignore it, see if Mystia is awake yet.

It's too early to horribly slaughter everyone, both in time and in the story.
>> No. 12296
[x] Fly up, try to see what it is.
>> No. 12297
{X} Fly up, try to see what it is.
>> No. 12298
Running back to Mystia to tell her you did good in order to get her approval and gratitude? Not Phobe's MO.

[x] Fly up, try to see what it is.
>> No. 12299
>>12294
We grow in numbers already. only a few more updates and this will win
>> No. 12300
[X] Fly up, try to see what it is.
>> No. 12305
[x] Ignore it, try to find that store Rumia described yesterday.

Dot in sky is Marisa. She is going to blast you, ze~
>> No. 12309
[ ] Fly up, try to see what it is.

Rumia, is that you?
>> No. 12310
[ ] Fly up, try to see what it is.
>> No. 12314
[x] Ignore it, try to find that store Rumia described yesterday.

We need a head ornament already.
>> No. 12315
[X] Fly up, try to see what it is.
>> No. 12316
[x] Fly up, try to see what it is.

The more you stare, the more curious you are. What, or who, is that? If you just ignore it now, the question will probably bug you for a while. It's coming your way, so you can fly up and meet it. Standing back up, you brush off your dress and move up, into the sky.

You hum to yourself while you do.. The light breeze blows through your hair, mussing it up as you go higher. And higher. The dot looks like it's pretty high, so if you want to greet it, you'll need to be pretty high too.

Once you reach what you think is the right height, you stop. The dot is simply growing now and doesn't look like it's moving, so you're pretty sure it's coming straight at you. From up here, everything looks really small. The building below looks like it's the size of a small stone, and the forest looks more like green dirt than a bunch of trees.

The dot grows, and you can soon make out that it's a person in strange clothing. A big hat, to be specific. Black. She looks like she's holding on to it to keep it from falling off. Her clothing, too, is mostly black with bits of white. Very... flappy, at least in this wind. It looks really impressive, especially with her crouching like that.

She eventually notices you, her head looking up from down to straight forward. She slows down a bit, sits up, and takes her hand off of her hat. You can see now that she's actually riding a stick. You wonder why. She waves.

“Yo!”

She flies around you in a quick arc, coming to rest in front of you. A human/

“Nice day today, isn't it?” She says, tipping her huge hat towards you, a big grin on her face. “Blue skies, warm weather, a suspicious youkai just floating around above Reimu's...”

She trails off, keeping the smile on her face. You tilt your head a bit and blink a few times. She's expecting something, but you don't...

[ ] Say something (write-in).
[ ] Say nothing.
[ ] Do something else (write-in).
>> No. 12317
[X] "Is Reimu the lazy human?"
[X] "She's sleeping."
[X] "I gave her back her pillow."
[X] Smile.
>> No. 12320
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.

There's nothing suspicious about you, so that means she is a youkai?
>> No. 12321
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12322
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12323
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12324
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12325
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12326
[x] "Cool hat. Did you get yours from Kourin, too?"
>> No. 12327
{X} "A suspicious youkai..?"
{X} This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12328
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12329
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.

Oh CY.
>> No. 12332
[X] "Is Reimu the lazy human?"
[X] "She's sleeping."
[X] "I gave her back her pillow."
[X] Smile.

>[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
>[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.

That's just asking for a beating.
>> No. 12333
>>12332

If Marisa beats us up we'll just have to cry adorably. Even in defeat we'll melt her heart with moe~

[ODIN] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[ODIN] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.
>> No. 12334
>>12333

Any status updates on how computer files are working Norseman?
>> No. 12335
>>12332

You clearly underestimate the power of youkai moe.
>> No. 12336
[x] "A suspicious youkai..?"
[x] This bears investigating; look around for who she's talking about.

“A suspicious youkai?”

Maybe she's not expecting you to say something. Maybe you're reading her wrong, and she's trying to point something out. You look around, looking over both shoulders and beneath you, but you don't see anything besides the ground and more sky.

“Pfff---hahaha!”

You look back to the new person, who's now doubled over with laughter. You try to get her attention a few times, but she just points and laughs for a little bit.

“Haa...” Eventually, she quiets down. “Come on, I was expecting some pre-fight trash talk, not that. You have to be up to something, right?”

“I wanted to see what you were,” You say, “You were moving really fast.”

“Oh? I'm Marisa, a magician. And you're sure that's all?” She turns her head, moving one eye closer to you. “'Cause I'll find out if you're lying.”

“I'm sure.” You say, nodding.

“Hmm... well, that sucks,” She says, sighing, “I was looking forward to some early morning youkai hunting, too.”

“You hunt youkai?” You ask, a little confused. She is a human, so that shouldn't be right. “How?”

“I was going to show you, but you don't look like you're causing any trouble.” Her eyes meet yours again, this time looking a little scary. “We could still play, if you want. I'm just killing time, anyway.”

[ ] You want to see how she hunts. Accept.
[ ] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.
[ ] Decline (provide a reason).
>> No. 12337
[ ] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.
>> No. 12338
[x] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.

I can't think of a better person to recieve danmaku initiation from.
>> No. 12339
[x] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.

Sure!
>> No. 12340
[x] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.

:3
>> No. 12341
{X} You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.

Let's play~
>> No. 12343
[ ] You want to see how she hunts. Accept.

C'mon...
>> No. 12344
[ ] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.
>> No. 12346
[X] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.
>> No. 12347
[X] All aboard the rape train. Accept.
>> No. 12348
[X] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.
>> No. 12349
[x] You want to see how she hunts. Accept.
[x] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.

Since they're both the same, I don't feel bad choosing both!
>> No. 12351
[X] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.
>> No. 12353
>>12334

No idea how long data recovery will take.

Then again, I'm considering whether to write anyway or not. The planned possible progressions of the story would have to change a bit if I do however.

Anyway:

[ODIN] You want to see what kinds of games humans play. Accept.
>> No. 12354
In b4 update.
>> No. 12355
“I want to play,” You say, grinning at the prospect of learning how humans play. “But how can you play with a youkai?”

She laughs. “You've never heard of danmaku?”

You shake your head.

“What, were you born yesterday or something?”

You nod, and her grin fades a bit. It's true, you think, that you only started to exist yesterday. So that would be right.

“Oh, ah... haha, right then,” She says, looking a little uncomfortable. “Anyway, do you have a name?”

“Phobe,” You say, slightly irritated that this question keeps coming up. She's only talking to you, so why does it matter?

“Right, then. How to explain this...”

Marisa moves her hand to cover her mouth and looks down, making 'hmm'ing noises. You wait a bit, but she keeps doing this. Just as you decide to ask her what she's doing, she quickly brings her head up and snaps her fingers.

“Aha! Yeah, this should make sense,” She says, looking at you. “You've got a power, right?”

“A power...?”

“Sure, something you're good at.” She says, waving her hand at you. “It's what your danmaku is made up of.”

“Oh, like Rumia's darkness?” You ask, recalling last night. Rumia could make it dark, but you could never do that.

Marisa raises an eyebrow. “So, you've met Rumia, eh? Yeah, like that.”

“I don't know what I can do.” You say, honestly. “I can hide really good, but... that's not a power, is it?”

Marisa sighs. “You seriously don't know? You really were born yesterday, weren't you? Well, maybe it'll make more sense if I show you.” She reaches into her dress and pulls out something small and brown. It's got bits of black on it that show where the edges are. “Now, I'm a magician, so I'm good at magic. That makes sense, right?”

You nod. You don't really know exactly what both words mean, but you know they're related “Right.”

“So, that means my danmaku is made of magic,” She says. “Danmaku is made from your power.”

“I don't understand...”

“Right.” She says, grinning. “That's 'cause I haven't showed you what it looks like. Now, pay attention. You don't get to see this every day.”

She holds the brown thing in one hand, her arm stretched out towards you. She turns, pointing her arm off towards the side, and...

“Master Spark!”

You're blind! ...no, it's just really bright, you realize, when you turn to look behind you. There's a really big thing of light shooting out of Marisa's outstretched arm, a long circular thing. There's heat coming off of it, too, and it's changing the smell of the air. Sound, too; it sounds like a really strong wind.

“Magic is all about power!” Marisa yells. Still, you can hardly hear her; that thing is really loud. “So my danmaku is all about power, too!”

You just stare in awe. You're glad she's not pointing that at you; it would really hurt. You wonder if she can change the direction, or if it's stuck shooting one way.

Eventually, the light shrinks, it's edges getting smaller until it disappears completely.

“So, you get it now?” She asks, turning back to you. “That's danmaku.”

“I don't...” You say, your voice coming out a little meek after that display. She's a human, but it's clear that she could crush you like you did to that firefly last night. You would put up more of a fight, but you don't think you could ever win. “How do you play? It was only you doing something. Unless you play by yourself?”

Marisa grins. “No. When you play, you shoot your danmaku at the other person while they shoot at you. You both try not to get hit.”

“Oh.” You say, sighing. “So I can't play if I can't shoot danmaku.”

“You can, but it's boring if you can't shoot back,” Marisa says. She pauses again. “Practice, ok? I can beat you some other time.”

You nod. If a human can do it, you can do it. Playing a hard game like this without any practice would only make you lose, but if you can get good at it, you're sure that you'll win.

“I'll win when we play, though.” You add. “You're just a human.”

Her grin flickers for a moment, turning to something dangerous for only a split second. Then it snaps back to normal. “Ha! Right. Say that after I blast you outta the sky!”

She laughs for a bit, and you join her, though you're not sure why. You're glad you flew up here; she's pretty fun. You wonder if Mystia or Wriggle could teach you how to make danmaku. The two of you laugh for a bit, before eventually quieting down.

“Well, I'm gonna jet,” Marisa says, stuffing the brown object in her hand back into her dress. “'S been fun.”

You wave, and she leaves just as fast as she arrived; fast. She's soon far enough away that you can no longer make out her features, leaving you wondering what to do now. You can see everything; for exploring, it's really convenient to fly up this high. Although, you could practice. It makes you sad that you couldn't play the game, and you want to do it as soon as possible.

[ ] Explore the (mountain in the distance/large clearing with buildings/forest)
[ ] Try to find (that man from before/the store Rumia mentioned)
[ ] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.
[ ] Practice this danmaku thing.
[ ] Something else...?
>> No. 12356
{X} Go see if Mystia is awake yet.

She can probably explain danmaku better than Marisa.
>> No. 12357
[x] Practice this danmaku thing, but move away from the shrine first.
>> No. 12358
[x] Try to find (that man from before/the store Rumia mentioned).


Phobe's power of making people paranoid would be great for danmaku. Most opponents would panic and lose concentration.
>> No. 12360
[ ] Try to find (that man from before)

Phobe needs to collect some belief.
>> No. 12361
[ ] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned
>> No. 12362
[X] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.

Mystia! Mystia! What's danmaku?
>> No. 12363
[X] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.

Teach me, Miss Mystia!
>> No. 12364
[x] Explore the (mountain in the distance/large clearing with buildings/forest)
>> No. 12365
[x] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.

It might be better if Phobe gets information on this stuff from what she feels is a reliable source. Even after seeing the Master Spark, she still thinks humans will necessarily lose to youkai.
>> No. 12366
[x] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.
>> No. 12367
[X] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.
>> No. 12368
[x] Your stomach is growling.
[x] Lunch!
>> No. 12370
[X] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.

Can't hurt to discuss things with her.
>> No. 12371
[x] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.
>> No. 12372
[X] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.
>> No. 12373
[x] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.

Do we even know for sure what her power is yet?
>> No. 12374
>Do we even know for sure what her power is yet?

Of course not. Until now it's just speculations about her power being related to 'fear' or 'paranoia'.

>“Danmaku is made from your power.”

Phobe doesn't know what her powers are yet, so she can't really play danmaku. Before she can play, she needs to discover what her powers are. But how to do that? Simple, by acting as a real youkai and go hunting someone.

Even with the help of the 9-squad Phobe probably won't discover her powers. Why would she? She's among friends, there is no danger or necessety for that. The only real way for her to discover what her power is, is when in a situation of need. When it's absolutely necessary to use it. And sticking around the 9-squad playing children's game is not exactly a situation of danger, nor need for power.

And in before Klaymen has to railroad us into go huntnig people.
>> No. 12375
>>12374
>Phobe doesn't know what her powers are yet, so she can't really play danmaku. Before she can play, she needs to discover what her powers are. But how to do that? Simple, by acting as a real youkai and go hunting someone.

That doesn't follow. Killing humans thus far has been wholly reliant on physically overpowering them. There's a reason the unintelligent lesser youkai are the most dangerous to humans, it's because they're too stupid to play danmaku and don't have any special powers. There's nothing to learn about herself through RIP & TEAR, as great physical strength is an ability even the lowliest of youkai possess. The only thing for her to learn from that is the fear of retribution when she's hunted down and exterminated.
>> No. 12376
[X] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.
>> No. 12377
>>12375

Have you never watched a shonen anime? The main character (or his ally) always learns a new super move when faced with his eminent death.
>> No. 12378
>>12377

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 12379
[x] Go see if Mystia is awake yet.

Maybe Mystia is awake? Being around all these humans is kind of fun, but you'd rather be around youkai. They know more than you, so you can learn things from them. You don't know where Wriggle is, or Rumia, so to Mystia's it is.

You aren't completely sure where in the forest she is, since you're so high up. It's hard to tell how far you've gone while flying like this, but... maybe you could try? It should be that far in this direction, and then straight down. You wonder how fast you can go?

You take off in the right direction, but can't go really fast. Not like Marisa, at least. And since the ground is so small, you feel like you're moving really slow, and it's not fun at all. Maybe if you go a little lower...

“Haha!”

It's way more fun when you're a few feet above the tops of the trees, bobbing up and down to avoid smacking into some of the taller ones. Almost as fun as running, you decide. Almost.

Soon, you're close to where her nest should be, so you move yourself down towards the ground. That tree, and those rocks, and that tree... you know where you are. Sort of. Mystia's nest isn't very far away, just a little bit in that direction. You run, and soon find yourself near her nest. Flying up to peer inside, she's not there; just sticks and a few of the other things she had collected.

So, it looks like it's a game of hide-and-seek, then. Where would she go? Maybe her stand. You'll check there first, since it's only a little ways away. You think. You leave the nest, falling back to the ground, and run in the direction it should be in.

“Hmm hmm hmmmm...”

You make your way, humming as you do. You see the clearing before you reach it, and find out that you were only off by a little bit. Even if it was night, you wouldn't have missed it. Maybe this is your power? You kinda doubt it, but...

Well, she's not here, either. You peek inside the closed stand, around the perimeter, down the nearby road a little ways, but... no Mystia. You sigh. If she flew somewhere, there's no way you could find her without seeing her leave. You wonder what you should do now.

[ ] Explore the (mountain in the distance/large clearing with buildings/forest)
[ ] Try to find (that man from before/the store Rumia mentioned)
[ ] Practice this danmaku thing.
[ ] Something else...?
================================================
Oh, and since I didn't mention it last time, the slashes mean that you should choose one of those things, not all of them.
>> No. 12380
[ ] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12381
[-] Try to find (the store Rumia mentioned)

Needs more Rinnosuke
>> No. 12382
[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned

Let's go bother Kourin.
>> No. 12383
[x] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12384
[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned.

Let's see if we can somehow freak him out!
>> No. 12385
[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned

Trying to find everybody as if it were a game of hide-and-seek? MOE~!
>> No. 12386
[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned.
>> No. 12387
[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned.

Although I wonder if she would not be able to find this either.
>> No. 12388
{X} Try to find the store Rumia mentioned
>> No. 12389
[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned.

I wonder what Phobe will think of Kourin.
>> No. 12390
[X] Try to find that man from before.
Come on, do it already.
>> No. 12391
[X] Try to find that man from before
>> No. 12392
[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned
>> No. 12393
Why are guys so keen on avoiding Phobe's youkai nature?
>> No. 12394
>>12393

Because ur a faget
>> No. 12395
[X] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned.
>> No. 12396
>>12393

And what, get her arm chopped off again?
>> No. 12397
>>12393
First things first. We need a hat.

[x] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned.
>> No. 12398
>>12396

She lost an arm because she wasn't prepared and underestimated her enemy. But now she knows what her enemy is capable off.

At this rate Phobe won't even become a stage 2 boss. She will probably end up as one of those random youkai that fill up stage 1 before mid boss battle. And at easy mode.
>> No. 12399
>>12398
>At this rate Phobe won't even become a stage 2 boss. She will probably end up as one of those random youkai that fill up stage 1 before mid boss battle. And at easy mode.

Being a stage any boss is about danmaku, not ripping people's arms off.

You idiot.
>> No. 12400
You're taking this way too seriously.
>> No. 12401
I want glowing axe guy route
>> No. 12409
>I want glowing axe guy route
She straddles his cock and digs her claws into his abdomen, spraying blood across her dress. Listening to the screams of her lover, the scene before her elicites a sharp-tooth grin to spread across her face - glowing red eyes staring down at him in amusement. How precious; how pathetic. Weakling! Humans are weak! But they make for such good fucks. She forces her hand further into his intestine, moaning in unison with his screams. Almost there, almost! But the pig shoots off his load before she gets the chance to come to orgasm herself. Selfish beast. Rotten pig. "Fucker!" She pulls her hand out of his body with such force that his entire anatomy comes with it, then swings down, removing his head from his body, silencing him for good. "Tch, yet another disappointment. To think you gave me so much pleasure the first time we met". She leaves, seeking Mystia and the others, craving for some hot, lesbian action. Surely they would not let her down.

Ahem. That aside, I would definitely like a route where Phoebe becomes insane and takes out Gensokyo's guardians, leaving the humans to be picked off one-by-one, electing herself to be the queen of the youkai empire. We'll keep Reimu on a leash and have her lick our feet. And if we don't go for a man, then a female companion would be nice, too.
>> No. 12410
>>12409
I came. But please, write more.
>> No. 12414
>>12409
You're such a sick fuck. Write more.
>> No. 12415
>>12399

Danmaku is based on how powerful one is. Weaklings have weak, easy to dodge danmaku.
>> No. 12421
>>12415

It's too early in the day for power level shit.
>> No. 12426
>>12415
so how did Chen make EX?
>> No. 12427
>>12426
because she's a shikigami? If Ran and she were both perfectly following Yukari's orders, all three would have the same power as yukari.
>> No. 12429
>>12415

Why are you so fucking hung up on turning Phobe into a powerful youkai? The rest of us obviously don't care so quit bitching about it.
>> No. 12431
>>12429

Then why bother playing as a youkai?
>> No. 12432
>>12431

It's one non sequitur after another with you, isn't it?
>> No. 12435
[X] Try to find the store Rumia mentioned.

Well, there always that store that Rumia told you about yesterday. Kou something. It's in that direction, but that's all you know. You wonder if you can find it? Flying is almost like cheating, so you'll stick to the ground.

You make your way, humming along through the part of the forest that you've never seen before. You keep moving, and moving, but there's nothing but trees and things for a long while. You try to keep your path as straight as possible, only moving out of the way for trees.

You keep going, and eventually run out of forest. Just grass, a strip of dirt, and buildings in the distance. Little square things, not really fun to look at. Nothing interesting. If that kou place is one of those, it would be really hard to find. Did you miss it? She said it was in this direction, but maybe she was a little off...

You go back into the woods a little bit, looking harder. If you missed it by a little, you could take a second look. Maybe it was just a little off to one side. Maybe you were looking right when you should have been looking left. Maybe...

“Ah!”

There's a building, hiding just inside the woods. It's not much more interesting than the others, but there's a sign on one side. You can't read it, but none of the other has something like this. You walk over to the small clearing that the building is in, and up to the front door.

It slides open easily, and you peek inside.

“Oh!”

There are so many things, things that you don't recognize. Things that you do. You take a few more steps to bring yourself inside the store, and can see even more things. Not a person, though. A store should have an owner. Well, you can look around anyway.

On a closer glance, you can't recognize most of this stuff. Black boxes that show your reflection at some places, other boxes that are metal, and even others that are made of really weird colors. Bright green. Pink. Really, really strange clothes, with light blue fabric that doesn't feel normal at all when you touch it.

“You see anything you want?”

Turning around, you see a tall man dressed in a fine blue and white outfit. He's not a human, or... is he? It's really hard to tell. His voice is a little rough, like you're bothering him. When you turn around, his face shows this. He doesn't really look all that friendly.

[ ] “I'm looking for a hat.”
[ ] “I'm looking for a ribbon.”
[ ] “I'm just looking.”
[ ] “I'm looking for something else.” (specify)
>> No. 12436
[ ] “I'm looking for a ribbon.”
HNNNNGHH! Nah.
[X] “I'm just looking.”
[X] Ask him about what the strange things are.
>> No. 12437
[ ] “I'm looking for a ribbon.”
>> No. 12438
{X} “I'm just looking.”
{X} Ask him about what the strange things are.

Curious~
>> No. 12439
[X] “I'm just looking.”
[X] Ask him about what the strange things are.
>> No. 12440
[X] “I'm just looking.”
[X] Ask him about what the strange things are.
>> No. 12442
[x] "I'm looking for something to look for."
[x] Ask what the strange things are.
>> No. 12443
[x] “I'm looking for a hat.”
>> No. 12444
[ ] “I'm looking for a ribbon.”
>> No. 12445
[x] “I'm looking for a hat with ribbons.”

POWERGAMING.
>> No. 12446
[X] “I'm just looking.”
[X] Ask him about what the strange things are.

If we're going to be really strong youkai, then we don't need headwear.
>> No. 12447
[X] “I'm just looking.”
[X] Ask him about what the strange things are.
>> No. 12448
"[X] I'm looking for a hat."
>> No. 12449
[ ] “I'm looking for a ribbon.”

Ribbon get.
>> No. 12450
[x] “I'm just looking.”
[x] Ask him about what the strange things are.
>> No. 12451
[x] “I'm looking for a magic hatchet, preferably one that glows in the dark.”

Oh, you just sold your last one the other day?

Could you describe the man who bought it from you? Maybe his name?
>> No. 12452
“I'm looking for a hat.”

but a ribbon is fine too.
>> No. 12453
[x] "I'm looking for something to look for."
[x] Ask what the strange things are.
>> No. 12455
[x] “I'm just looking.”

“I'm just looking,” You say, smiling.

“You don't look like the type that has money, so I guess that's good.” He says, sighing. He turns around and heads for a side room, probably the one he came from.

“Wait---”

Your call causes him to stop, turn around, and look at you. You continue. “What are all these strange thing? Some are really interesting.”

The expression on his face softens a bit when you ask this. “Oh? Well, I can tell you what their purpose is, of course. Anything in particular?”

“These,” You say, holding up the weird blue fabric that you were just playing with. “And those.” This time, you point to some of the brightly colored things.

“Those are 'Blue Jeans'. I guess that people wear them on their legs in the outside world,” He says, itching the back of his head. “And those colorful things are 'Cell Phones'. People use them to talk over long distances, but I've never figured out how to use them.”

“Why do you have so many?”

“I guess they're popular on the outside,” He says, shrugging. “I find them all over the place now. Those are the better looking ones.”

“Outside?” You ask. The word you understand, but it doesn't really make sense the way he said it. Outside where?

“You know, outside the border.”

“I don't.”

“...well, you'd be better off asking someone else to explain it,” He says. “I'm not much of a teacher.”

“Oh, ok. How about this?” You ask, walking over to one of those reflective black boxes from before. “Or these?” You point towards some of the other metal boxes.

The man sighs, his lip curving up a little on one side. “You're going to ask about everything if I don't stop you, aren't you?”

You think about it for a moment, and then nod. That's probably right. This stuff is all shiny, and strange. Why wouldn't you?

“Ok, then. You get three more questions today. Choose wisely.”

You nod. “Can I get more tomorrow?”

He thinks about it for a minute, putting his hand to his chin. He makes a hmm, pauses, and then sighs again. “I guess that's fine, as long as you don't hang around too much.”

You smile. “Thanks. I want to know what those two are, and...” You look around, trying to find something really interesting. Theres a lot of box shaped things. The outside place must like boxes, you decide, and continue scanning.

… and then you see something. It's like a cup, but it has a top on it and it's a little bigger. There's purple water inside. It looks like it's completely closed off, too, so you wonder how you get it out. “And that,” You say, pointing.

“The first thing? It's a 'VCR'. I guess you can use it to view pictures that move, but I've never figured out how. That metal box is a 'Mini Fridge'. I don't know how, but you can make it cold inside, and then keep food in it. And that last thing... well, it says right on it. 'Gatorade'. It's a drink.”

“How do you get it out?”

“Oh, you just twist off the cap,” He says, picking it up with one hand and pointing with the other. “It's not too difficult.”

He sets it back down. “I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Rinnosuke, the owner of Kourindou.”

So that's what it's called. The sign outside probably says that, but you can't understand it. He pauses to look at you, expecting something. Something... a name? That has to be it.

“I'm Phobe.”

He raises an eyebrow. “Interesting. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to my book and my lunch...”

The man turns around and heads back into the side room, leaving you alone in the shop. You wish you could ask more questions, but you have to wait until tomorrow. Then you can. Sliding the door open, you make your way back out into the forest. The air is better out here, you think; it doesn't tickle your nose as much. You wonder what you should do now...

[ ] Explore the (mountain in the distance/large clearing with buildings/forest/lake)
[ ] Try to find that man from before.
[ ] Practice this danmaku thing.
[ ] Something else...?
===============================================
Added the lake in to the list of explore options, since I guess it completely slipped my mind earlier.
>> No. 12456
[ ] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12457
[X] Practice this danmaku thing.
Eh, could be fun?
>> No. 12458
[ ] Explore the forest.
>> No. 12460
[ ] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12461
[x] Try to find this "money" thing. What is it, you wonder?
>> No. 12462
[x] Practice this danmaku thing.

Let's find some Nameless Fairy to wail on.
>> No. 12463
[x] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12464
[x] Practice this danmaku thing.

Marisa didn't really give a good explanation about danmaku, so I imagine practicing would be like trying to copy what we saw.

Lasers.
>> No. 12465
[x] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12466
>other boxes that are metal
METAL BOXES
>> No. 12467
[x] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12468
[X] Practice this danmaku thing.
>> No. 12469
Oh crap, too late. I wanted to post how Rinnosuke would take advantage of Phobe's innocence/ignorance, but I guess the chance is gone.
>> No. 12470
>>12469
Nonsense.
>> No. 12471
>>12469
Go for it, man.

Pretty soon this thread will be taken over by short H-scenes written by random anonymous. So beautiful.
>> No. 12472
>>12471
If it's something like >>12409 please go ahead
>> No. 12473
[x] Practice this danmaku thing.

Well, you could always try to figure out how to do that danmaku thing. You have to find your power first, but if you really try, it shouldn't be hard. You just have to go through everything you can do and see if it's special.

Not here, though. Being in the forest makes you feel better, and this store is close to the edge. It's strange when you're not surrounded by trees. You'll feel better if you walk back into the forest. Maybe in the direction of the root den.

You start skipping along, thinking while you do. It's a little hard to think and avoid sticks, you soon realize, so you find a nice tree nearby and sit under it after you can't see the edge of the forest anymore. Much better.

Now, your power. You can do lots of things, like move and run and think and remember and speak, but none of those are special. Or, if they are, they don't feel like it. You can hide, too, but that's all you can do. Maybe the human was wrong, and you don't need to know your power to do danmaku. Maybe you can just do it?

She said she was a magician, so she shot magic. If you're a youkai, shouldn't you shoot something that a youkai would shoot? But what would a youkai shoot? What would you shoot?

… you don't know. It's making your head hurt, trying to think about it. Maybe you could try to shoot what she shot, and see how it works?

“Master... Spark!”

You hold your hand out and try to shoot light, but it does nothing except make the birds stop singing. For a little while, anyway. Maybe they're afraid of---

“Aha!”

It comes to you in a flash. Those three humans from before. One of them was afraid, wasn't she? It didn't really seem normal. That boy didn't seem normal either, when he attacked you. Did you do that? Youkai make things afraid by being around; it's only natural. But maybe...

Looking up, you find a small brown one on a tree a little ways away. It looks at you for a moment, then looks away. You try to make it afraid, by... doing it. Making it afraid. It just looks again, and goes back to what it was doing.

Maybe that's not it, then. The boy was acting weird when he attacked, not really afraid. Or was he? You think back. It could be fear, but it could be something else. What could it be, what could it...

You frown. It's really hard to think about stuff like this just by sitting here.

[ ] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
[ ] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
[ ] You can worry about it later. Do something else, like (write-in).
>> No. 12474
[ ] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12475
{X} It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12476
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12477
[X] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
Think think think think think.
>> No. 12478
[ ] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12479
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12480
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.

Test the limits of your patience.
>> No. 12481
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.

Phobe is a canon retard.

I'm calling bullshit if she somehow figures this out on her own.
>> No. 12482
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12483
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12484
[!/] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12485
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12486
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12487
[] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12488
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12489
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12490
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12491
[ ] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.
>> No. 12492
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.

HARD WORK AND GUTS
>> No. 12493
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.

Holy shit, votes.
>> No. 12494
[ODIN] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.

I suspect that Phobe's power isn't to create fear and paranoia but to intensify the feelings that are already there. For example, Marisa didn't react at all because she doesn't fear Phobe, but normal humans who have good reason to fear Youkai would be affected.
>> No. 12495
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12496
>Phobe is a canon retard.

Only because you want her to be.

[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12501
>>12481
>Phobe is a canon retard.

No Anon, you are the retard.
>> No. 12502
>Only because you want her to be.

I don't.

But apparently Phobe is so dumb she honestly doesn't know who Marisa's talking about when she's referring to "a suspicious youkai floating above Reimu's house", nor does she realize she's basically looking for a fight.

And now, she just stops and ponders, and then she goes "Ohmigawsh! My power is fear related, but it's not exactly fear!" ?

Is her intelligence ever going to gain some consistency, or is it just going to fluctuate between Cirno and Batman whenever the situation calls for it? Because the latter's retarded.
>> No. 12503
>>12502

I don't want Phobe to turn into a Chen anymore than you do.
>> No. 12507
>>12502

I don't see any problems with how Klayman has written the character so far. It seems to me that you're the one calling for sweeping changes to the character, changes that would create vastly more inconsistencies than they would resolve.
>> No. 12508
>>12507

What?

Phobe realizing she can't just do this all by herself and turning to some other source for help doesn't sound like a "sweeping change" at all.

Phobe gaining a massive burst of clarity when she's already been written to be as smart as a sack of bricks not only seems to be inconsistent, but it also sounds downright Mary Sue-ish.
>> No. 12510
>>12508
She was literally born yesterday. It's not that she's dumb, she just doesn't know anything about anything yet.
>> No. 12511
[x] You can worry about it later. Do something else, like find a hat like Marisa had.


I like the other two choices, but yeah...
>> No. 12512
>Phobe gaining a massive burst of clarity when she's already been written to be as smart as a sack of bricks not only seems to be inconsistent, but it also sounds downright Mary Sue-ish.

That's a pretty funny thing for you to say, considering the source of the story's title is about a man who survived to become Emperor by exaggerating his own stupidity and lameness.
>> No. 12514
>>12512

Eh, what?
>> No. 12515
>>12514

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Claudius
>> No. 12516
For any human being, context that comes from known things is at least as important in figuring out how things work as raw intelligence. Sure, there's the ocassional indian hypergenius that figures out modern mathematics isolated from the scientific community and education, but those cases are an extreme rarity. From what I see here is that Phobe is just a naive kid that has almost zero experience with dealing with other people, so reading Marisa's motives (for example) SHOULD be way beyond her skills no matter how you look at it. Or in other words: Is that so~?
>> No. 12517
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.

Throwing my vote in.
>> No. 12520
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.

hmmmm many many votes
>> No. 12521
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find Reimu.

Time for youkai-tan to sink or swim.
>> No. 12523
[x] Keep at it! If you think harder, you can do it.
>> No. 12528
Don't you guys think we should develop a goal or something? I personally want to see a Wriggle Trap route.
>> No. 12529
>>12528
I want the Glowing Axe Guy route. if only because we don't get romances from the female angle often.
>> No. 12530
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find the glowing axe guy.
>> No. 12531
>>12529
I don't think we have a snowball's chance in a flaming hell of actually going anywhere with the glowing axe dude.

For one, he's a youkai hunter and he knows we're a youkai.
>> No. 12532
>>12531
Love knows no bounds. Of course, it didn't help that we killed his son, but that's another matter completely.
>> No. 12533
>>12529
FUCK YES. I am with you man. Glowing Axe Guy route.
>> No. 12535
[x] It's too hard this way. Go find a human.