[Return]
Archived thread

File 123041989646.png - (255.97KB , 500x400 , 122629096564.png ) [iqdb]
10895 No. 10895
[ ] Call upon your will and break free from the compulsion.
[ ] Stride on toward the runes, but under your own strength and will.


No, you will not succumb to whatever it is that's trying to pull you into the barrier. Will is supreme. Will is power. Will is your blade, sharper than any sword found in song and saga.

For an agonizing moment you wrestle with the power dragging you forward, for every heartbeat you win a little victory as your struggle slows your motion. And finally, with mere inches to spare, you halt in front of the pillars of flame. You still feel the power trying to pull you forward, just as you feel the enormous power of the barrier trying to push you away. With cold sweat on running down your face you somehow manage to keep yourself on the thin edge in between.

As you balance on the razor's edge you see the visions swirling within the runes. For a moment you can see only random flickers of colour, until you realize the truth. There is not one vision, but untold thousands flying past in an endless dance.

As you balance on the razor's edge you see them flow and by some dark fortune you are conscious of every sight that flickers past, no matter how brief. In the fires you see twisted shadowlands where the magical and mundane ment together. You see normal men and women going about their daily business while beings that could shatter continents with their power move peacefully amongst them. You see a thousand snapshots of Gensokyo only to have the memories of them swept away by the next image.

But the vision that stays with you is the tree that reaches the stars, enormous, dark and threatening. Surely it must be the brother of the Terrible One's steed, for nothing else in the nine worlds could compare to the malevolent giant among tree-kin.

This is too much for you to take in, and it is far too great a burden for a mere mortal's senses to gaze through a thousand eyes. With strength born out of desperation you roar in pain and fury until you finally manage to avert your eyes from the maddening visions. You feel sick to the very core of your being, and it is little short of a miracle that you still manage to keep your balance as you struggle for breath while your body is wracked by painful spasms.

Between ragged breaths you feel the fury awakening. With the anger comes the resolve to seek out whatever it is that lurks within the barrier. To take a step closer and seek out the one responsible.

By your own will and by your own power you step forward, and that seems to be all that's necessary. For even though you quickly find out that no mortal or immortal body can pierce the barrier the spirit seems to be bound by other rules. For a moment you feel a burning, disorienting agony, in the next your very soul is unceremoniously ripped out of your body.


This void is like the one before creation. Before the first god, before the first giant there was Ginnugagap, there was darkness. Maybe you drift, or maybe you stand still within this endless dark. Maybe it is a second, or maybe it is may centuries that you spend within the eternal black. When there is no point of reference such things are impossible to know, until change occurs there can be no consciousness.

And as soon as the thought is born in your disembodied mind, a hundred crimson orbs of madness open in the void. And only moments after the light from the dark red eyes washes over you, pale arms wrap themselves around your neck and smooth hands caress your chest. You feel the soft body of a woman press itself against your back as she pulls you into her embrace.

"Dear boy," she whispers with her seductive voice, "I knew you would come back to me"


[ ] Write-in only

>> No. 10896
[x] "Pillage" Yukari

If you know what I mean...
>> No. 10897
[X]Wait for a nice write-in because I can't think of any.
>> No. 10898
File 123042491788.jpg - (334.54KB , 500x699 , 62a858fb75ab9b47808f5bbf9bcd938a.jpg ) [iqdb]
10898
[!/] Why so serious, Youkai of the unearthly Gaps?
>> No. 10899
[x] Do weird woman's words contain charity undue? Or just vanity enough to mask vengeance? Empty mind of thoughts of motive; to understand the one who would dwell in this place would man's mind madden.
[x] You have words of warning for her: Even now Loki lie-smith bangs on his anvil of deceit to fashion the sword which will slay the strange sister, and commands a debt from you which you are honor-bound to fulfill.
[x] Ask her to deliver you and the wise warrior back to fore-known forest to find the worried witch and the doll daughter. You are hesitant to create a new debt, but would this not be recompense for spiriting you away in the first place?
[x] You will not apologize for killing her, for your revenge was righteous, but you can say that the eyes of her sorrowed servants were a reward unwanted.
>> No. 10901
[x] Do weird woman's words contain charity undue? Or just vanity enough to mask vengeance? Empty mind of thoughts of motive; to understand the one who would dwell in this place would man's mind madden.
[x] You have words of warning for her: Even now Loki lie-smith bangs on his anvil of deceit to fashion the sword which will slay the strange sister, and commands a debt from you which you are honor-bound to fulfill.
[x] Ask her to deliver you and the wise warrior back to fore-known forest to find the worried witch and the doll daughter. You are hesitant to create a new debt, but would this not be recompense for spiriting you away in the first place?
[x] You will not apologize for killing her, for your revenge was righteous, but you can say that the eyes of her sorrowed servants were a reward unwanted.

Yeah sure, I can go with this.
>> No. 10902
[X]Inquire about her, the barrier, this place and what happened.
[X]If she is Yukari, no apologies. Vengeance was just and if she wants her own vengeance, another death shall she receive. If however, she wants something else, no problem in listening it.
>> No. 10905
[x] Do weird woman's words contain charity undue? Or just vanity enough to mask vengeance? Empty mind of thoughts of motive; to understand the one who would dwell in this place would man's mind madden.
[x] You have words of warning for her: Even now Loki lie-smith bangs on his anvil of deceit to fashion the sword which will slay the strange sister, and commands a debt from you which you are honor-bound to fulfill.
[x] Ask her to deliver you and the wise warrior back to fore-known forest to find the worried witch and the doll daughter. You are hesitant to create a new debt, but would this not be recompense for spiriting you away in the first place?
[x] You will not apologize for killing her, for your revenge was righteous, but you can say that the eyes of her sorrowed servants were a reward unwanted.
>> No. 10907
[x] Do weird woman's words contain charity undue? Or just vanity enough to mask vengeance? Empty mind of thoughts of motive; to understand the one who would dwell in this place would man's mind madden.
[x] You have words of warning for her: Even now Loki lie-smith bangs on his anvil of deceit to fashion the sword which will slay the strange sister, and commands a debt from you which you are honor-bound to fulfill.
[x] Ask her to deliver you and the wise warrior back to fore-known forest to find the worried witch and the doll daughter. You are hesitant to create a new debt, but would this not be recompense for spiriting you away in the first place?
[x] You will not apologize for killing her, for your revenge was righteous, but you can say that the eyes of her sorrowed servants were a reward unwanted.

Nice.
>> No. 10913
File 123049276156.jpg - (189.56KB , 1938x1328 , 1203292894238.jpg ) [iqdb]
10913
[x] Sex Yukari

It obvious the above posts will win, so I'll vote what we really want.
>> No. 10914
File 123049341810.jpg - (288.63KB , 600x800 , 122908240190.jpg ) [iqdb]
10914
>>10913

But In Soviet Gensokyo, YUKARI SEXS YOU.
>> No. 10917
[x] Sex Yukari

Sure, Yukari gets way too less love around here.
>> No. 10918
[x] Do weird woman's words contain charity undue? Or just vanity enough to mask vengeance? Empty mind of thoughts of motive; to understand the one who would dwell in this place would man's mind madden.
[x] You have words of warning for her: Even now Loki lie-smith bangs on his anvil of deceit to fashion the sword which will slay the strange sister, and commands a debt from you which you are honor-bound to fulfill.
[x] Ask her to deliver you and the wise warrior back to fore-known forest to find the worried witch and the doll daughter. You are hesitant to create a new debt, but would this not be recompense for spiriting you away in the first place?
[x] You will not apologize for killing her, for your revenge was righteous, but you can say that the eyes of her sorrowed servants were a reward unwanted.
>> No. 10920
[X]Sex whoever it may be.

Who said it's Yukari? It could be anyone! Even Yukari!
>> No. 10921
File 123050990119.jpg - (105.40KB , 496x715 , cthulhu.jpg ) [iqdb]
10921
>>10920

>[X]Sex whoever it may be.

>Who said it's Yukari? It could be anyone! Even Yukari!

Sup.
>> No. 10922
File 123052344757.jpg - (53.29KB , 445x600 , 1205265891903.jpg ) [iqdb]
10922
If Loki is in Yukari form, and we sex her, does that make it gay?
>> No. 10923
File 123052640967.jpg - (36.22KB , 847x476 , 1230524193555.jpg ) [iqdb]
10923
>>10922

No...?
>> No. 10926
File 123053124897.jpg - (240.08KB , 800x600 , 9cb3264a858be8525cf056654aff837a.jpg ) [iqdb]
10926
>>10922

I don't even want to go there.

Remember how Sleipnir was conceived? It gets confusing when the person you're banging can swap genders at any time.
>> No. 10927
[x] Do weird woman's words contain charity undue? Or just vanity enough to mask vengeance? Empty mind of thoughts of motive; to understand the one who would dwell in this place would man's mind madden.
[x] You have words of warning for her: Even now Loki lie-smith bangs on his anvil of deceit to fashion the sword which will slay the strange sister, and commands a debt from you which you are honor-bound to fulfill.
[x] Ask her to deliver you and the wise warrior back to fore-known forest to find the worried witch and the doll daughter. You are hesitant to create a new debt, but would this not be recompense for spiriting you away in the first place?
[x] You will not apologize for killing her, for your revenge was righteous, but you can say that the eyes of her sorrowed servants were a reward unwanted.
>> No. 10929
>>10926

BUt Yukari can change sex too~ All she need to do is manioulate the border of male and female~
>> No. 10930
File 123057106993.jpg - (116.74KB , 485x600 , coverage.jpg ) [iqdb]
10930
>>10929

And she can genderswap Sigurd too. And I bet Norseman's iteration of Yukari would do such a thing to him, just for the lulz.

We can't stop here. This is /d/ country.
>> No. 10931
>>10922

Only if balls are touching.

>>10930

Now you're thinking with gaps.


And writing will start tomorrow morning. Vote's open until then.
>> No. 10932
sex her up
>> No. 10934
>>10922
No, hit it.
>> No. 10935
Writing has begun. Long write-in won.

Yukari H-scene would have been fun to write though.
>> No. 10936
File 123064154756.png - (7.43KB , 381x400 , 1224829191715.png ) [iqdb]
10936
>>10935
ouch.
>> No. 10937
>>10935
That's not cool, Norseman. I may in fact hijack your story with an H as result of this. But it just wouldn't be the same.

On a totally unrelated note I can't find anything in Norse mythology about muses. What would Sigurd describe the Prismriver Sisters as if he found them playing? Daughters of Bragi?
>> No. 10938
>>10935

Hooray!
>> No. 10939
File 123066892287.jpg - (163.30KB , 476x655 , 08c4b953b296f22898d52dbc41a75cca.jpg ) [iqdb]
10939
>>10935

Oh, you tease. That would never happen.
>> No. 10956
File 123067965177.jpg - (73.54KB , 490x780 , 27f0925497137fb09fd1e317d42b6bc8.jpg ) [iqdb]
10956
>Yukari H-scene would have been fun to write though.

Then write it.
>> No. 10961
>>10937

Muses, as in bringers of inspiration have their norse counterpart in the song-mead of Odin. It was brewed by dwarves from the blood of Kvasir, who was said to be the wisest man (or god, the stories are unclear) that ever lived.

The Prismrivers though? I really don't know as there were no musical ghosts in norse mythology. And I can't really think of a good kenning either. Maybe "sweet-sounding spirit-sisters?".

>>10956

Maybe I will?
>> No. 10963
File 123068437417.jpg - (119.70KB , 660x880 , 1215760358169.jpg ) [iqdb]
10963
Oh, and the update. Can't be forgetting that, now can we?

---------

[ ] Do weird woman's words contain charity undue? Or just vanity enough to mask vengeance? Empty mind of thoughts of motive; to understand the one who would dwell in this place would man's mind madden.
[ ] You have words of warning for her: Even now Loki lie-smith bangs on his anvil of deceit to fashion the sword which will slay the strange sister, and commands a debt from you which you are honor-bound to fulfill.
[ ] Ask her to deliver you and the wise warrior back to fore-known forest to find the worried witch and the doll daughter. You are hesitant to create a new debt, but would this not be recompense for spiriting you away in the first place?
[ ] You will not apologize for killing her, for your revenge was righteous, but you can say that the eyes of her sorrowed servants were a reward unwanted.


Nidhögg's venom! If there was but one being you did not wish to meet, it is this woman. Why is she here? How is she here? And what does she want? A thousand questions spin within your mind as you try to find words, to find calmness of mind. It will not do to lose your cool now, not before this dark lady. Infuriating she is, arrogant and enigmatic, mischievious and so very attractive.

Wait, why did that last thought slip into you mind? By all reason you should view her as an enemy. By all reason she should view you as an hated foeman. So why...

"Fu fu fu, you're so cute when you're flustered, dear boy~" The lady whispers in your ear, derailing your train of thought completely. For a moment you freeze in shock, evoking a giggle from Yukari.

Taking advantage of your reaction the gap demon suddenly presses herself tighter against your back and playfully bites your neck, sending shivers through your entire body. Suddenly you're almost painfully aware of her breasts squeezing against your back, so soft and round. They would surely feel wonderful in your hands. You wonder how it would feel to hold the beautiful gold-hair in your arms? How would it feel to kiss her, to taste her, to make her scream in pleasure until dawn?

No! What are you thinking? By the gods, you will not play along with her games. You will not let her shame you like this. Anger and wounded pride feed the fire within, and as iron is tempered by the forge, so is your mind hardened by the pure flames of the fury. The heat in your loins grudgingly gives way as you call on the unyielding will living within the very core of your being. For the moment, your mind is your own again.

With renewed clarity of mind you cast off all doubts and hesitation, for ever inscrutable is the lady of boundaries, and to ponder her motives would be foolishness supreme. Whether she is taunting you, or whether she merely is playful in unknown to you, and so it will remain. There are more important matters between the two of you, matters unresolved, and matters that cannot so remain. Especially since you suspect that the lady of borders is your only way out of this godsforsaken realm of darkness.

"Dark lady, golden-haired, by our fates did we meet, fates bound by the hand of Urd. In battle we clashed, and in battle you fell, yet not by my hand alone." You manage to keep your voice polite, even though your emotions rage beneath the surface. But it seems that the lady of boundaries wants you to react to her prodding, and that is reason enough to keep your calm. Yukari seems content to keep silent for now though, so you continue speaking.

"By my side Loki Sky-Walker did battle, god of fire, god of malice and deceit. Even now the lie-smith forges his weapons, his wounding words and fettering falsehoods, keener than any blade in the nine worlds. Many a scheme has Laufey's son hatched, born by his hand are a thousand mischiefs. My will would have it otherwise, yet honour has bound me to his service, for the debt is to be honoured, the gift to be repaid."

You pause for a moment, unsure how much to reveal about your quest. You quickly decide to keep it vague, for you don't know if you trust Yukari with knowledge that could bring trouble upon you in the future.

"Already has he sought your doom, and ever is the hand of Loki ready to strike. Heed my warning, O lady, for I give it freely, I give you true words or none."

The warning has been given, as honour demands. Now you simply have to convince this woman to help you leave this dark void.

"And so I ask of you, lady of all borders, I ask you for aid on my journey. Unknown path have I followed and know not how to return. As the thunderer came to know in the giant's hall, not all paths can be followed without a guide. Return me, Yukari Yakumo, to the sealed mountain 'neath the stars so that I may trade words with the wise blade-master. To magical forest my path leads, to winsome witch and dear dollmaker. Your aid I need, and your aid I ask, for once you did spirit me away against my will, and never did you repay me."

Perhaps it is arrogant to ask this of the lady of borders, for haven't you already taken your revenge for this injustice? Then again, she apparently didn't die, so perhaps you still have some small obligation you can demand from this woman?

"Lend me your aid, Yukari Yakumo, and I shall hold no more grudges against you. This I swear by the name of Odin."

In reply Yukari leans forward and turns her head, as if she is going to whisper something to you. You sharpen your ears to hear what she has to say, which only adds to your confusion as she suddenly wraps her arms around your neck, leans in closer and bites your ear. For a few moments you stand in stunned silence while Yukari gently nibbles on you. It somehow feels nice to...

No. She is still playing games with you. By Odin, who does she think you are? You try to turn around and confront this infurating woman, but to your surprise her arms hold your head fast.

"No, no, don't look back. It wouldn't be good for your eyes." You hear her giggle slightly before she slips down her hands to rest on your chest.

"And besides, doing it like this is more exciting, don't~ you~ think?" The lady of borders seductively murmurs in your ear.

"The unbridled tongue sings its own mishap, O lady of borders. Already I have bested you in battle. Will you tempt the will of Urd again?" You growl back at her, more out of irritation than any real anger.

"Oh, dear boy, don't be so serious. I like it when you play rough though." Yukari purrs in response. If nothing else you have to admire her fearlessness, even though you suspect that the one who would have something to fear right now is you. But even so, you can catch the subtle reproach in the dark lady's words, and you cannnot let it slide unchallenged.

"By the laws of gods and men your life was mine to take. For that I will not beg forgiveness." Even as you speak these defiant words you recall the crying cat-girl and the empty, broken eyes of the wizard fox. Perhaps you do not owe the lady of gaps an apology, but your quest for vengeance did cause her servants sorrow. This you must admit, and thus you continue speaking.

"Yet if I am to have one regret, it is the pain and sorrow I have brought your servants. A sight without joy, a reward unwanted." As you speak Yukari's embace tightens for a moment. Perhaps your words touched her?

But enough of this sidetrack, you still haven't gotten your answer from the gap demon. With a clear voice you repeat your question and your demand.

"And now I ask of you, lady of borders, I ask you to heed my will. Do as I request, return the song-smith to his path, and our debts will be settled."

"Oh, all business and no fun? Not even a little time for play?" She sounds a bit disappointed with your answer, and there is something else in her voice, something almost like regret.

"Little time I have for words, dark lady, and even less for your games. What say you?"

The lady of borders giggles and leans against your back. She lowers her head until her mouth is right next to your ear. Softly she whispers her answer.
>> No. 10964
File 123068442617.jpg - (468.11KB , 784x689 , 122633176436.jpg ) [iqdb]
10964
"No."

A short, simple word, gently spoken. Yet it carries with it the weight of a mountain. For a third time you're at a loss for words, and now it is Yukari who speaks.

"You were only supposed to stir up the anthill a little, Sigurd. You were supposed to adventure, to befriend the people of Gensokyo and maybe to cause an incident or two." The dark lady's voice is suddenly regretful and sad. Gone is her playfulness, gone is the cheerful taunting. You don't know why, but you suddenly miss the happy Yukari.

But is was you who insisted on staying on your path. It was you who insisted on being 'all business' as Yukari put it. Whatever may come out of this, you will accept it.

"In the end you might have settled down with a nice girl, or you might have lived forever, or you might have died. Ultimately you would have upheld the balance and made Gensokyo stronger. That's why I brought you here."

"That is your reason, woman?" You hiss with barely contained rage. "You would use me? You would have a Viking obey your whims, like a whipped dog jumping at his master's command?"

"Hate me if you must Sigurd. All my plans are undone anyway." Suddenly Yukari embraces you tightly and lowers her head to rest against your neck. You feel something wet dripping down on your back as she holds you. Tears?

"If you remain in Gensokyo as you are right now, you will destroy it. I know you won't believe me, but you don't know what your gods are planning. I do."

"And that is why I have to set things right." The lady whispers in your ear. "I'm sorry."


[ ] A warrior's destiny will not be denied. Let battle be joined.

[ ] You cannot win this fight. Try to escape.
>> No. 10967
[x] A warrior's destiny will not be denied. Let battle be joined.
[x]Compose your own requiem.

You really left no other option.
>> No. 10969
File 123068704878.jpg - (237.57KB , 465x640 , 1205265363131.jpg ) [iqdb]
10969
I like your Yukari, Norseman. She's seductive and sexy~ yet can balance power with kindness. A true woman who would raise strong children quick with their blade and wits alike.

Well damned if we do, and damned if we don't. But I know this: history never favors kindly those who give up. There has to be a way to control the godsend power within.

[x] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[x] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you.
>> No. 10971
[X] "Yet a debt must be repaid, heinous though it may be. I must return to the mystical Gensokyo to fulfill mine, and there is nothing that can deny me this. Throw me out, and I shall force myself a way in. Kill me, and I shall wrench myself free from even the divine Valkyries in order to return. No, Mistress of Borders, I cannot be witheld from fulfilling my task."

[X] "Instead, assist me in my mission, free me of my debt so I may be rid of the Lie-Smith and we could find a way to abolish him from this land."

Or something along those lines, i'm sure Norseman can edit that to better fit our fire hearted viking.

tl;dr
tell her you won't be stopped and ask her assistance, certainly it is better to be in debt to her than to Loki.
>> No. 10982
Now for Sigurd to slay the dragon, in its own den this time.

[x] A warrior's destiny will not be denied. Let battle be joined.
[x] Heed the weird woman's earlier warning and keep your eyes shut as you make your move. Though blinded like Höðr, your blows should prove no less fatal.
>> No. 10983
>...certainly it is better to be in debt to her than to Loki.
"Certainly"?

>you don't know what your gods are planning. I do.
I don't like this. I don't like this quite muchly, in point of fact. Thinking.
>> No. 10985
[x] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[x] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you.
>> No. 10988
[x] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[x] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you.

[x] If all else fails...

[x] A warrior's destiny will not be denied. Let battle be joined.
[x] Compose your own requiem.
>> No. 10989
[X] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[X] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you.
>> No. 11009
[x] A warrior's destiny will not be denied. Let battle be joined.
[x] Heed the weird woman's earlier warning and keep your eyes shut as you make your move. Though blinded like Höðr, your blows should prove no less fatal.
>> No. 11012
[x] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[x] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you.
>> No. 11018
Siggy is awesome, but you cannot beat yukari within the gaps themselves. And would you want to, if it meant the destruction of "this enchanted land you have fallen for"?

Gah.. This, I think, would be called a bad end. I'd rather not stop the story here, as I like this one and this is a melancholy note to end with. Let's see if we can fix things; at the very least it seems impossible to fulfill our thrice-cursed debt.

[x] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[x] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you. Would you slay your kin, burn your home, and salt your land to repay help in a single fight? Loki lie-smith asks far too high a price of you.
>> No. 11019
Sigurd is serious business all the time, he needs to relax.

[X]Offer the sex she wants in order to get the hell out of this place.
[X]Think of how to solve things afterwards.
>> No. 11020
[x] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[x] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you.
>> No. 11021
Shouldn't we ask her what are the gods planning to do?

>you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm

Have we? Sigurd has tought of returning home many times by now...

>Would you slay your kin, burn your home, and salt your land to repay help in a single fight? Loki lie-smith asks far too high a price of you

There is something very wrong with this write-in, but I can't grasp it.
>> No. 11022
>>11021
Alice and Marisa may be the reason.
>> No. 11024
>>10969

I'm actually happy that the story took this turn because I like writing sexy Yukarin.

>>11019

That's because you people vote for the srs bzns.

>There is something very wrong with this write-in, but I can't grasp it.

Yeah, I kinda agree. After all, as far as Sigurd knows, all that Loki has asked of you is to recover something that was his in the first place.


And writing now.
>> No. 11025
>>11024
You know what they say. "Better the devil you know than the de-"

hmm, does work...

"Better the devil with tits, regardless of wits?"
>> No. 11027
>>11025

Kinda catchy.

And due to sleepyness, writing is suspended until tomorrow morning. Expect the update sometime then.
>> No. 11028
>>11027
Gnight. We'll be eagerly anticipating how the story unfolds tomorrow morn'.
>> No. 11035
File 123091057012.jpg - (380.41KB , 1243x770 , 1215174531291.jpg ) [iqdb]
11035
Next update will probably be on Sunday. For now, enjoy this one.
__________________________

[ ] A warrior hold his life forfeit only to Highlord Odin. But if she will honour a bargin, you will gladly restrain the power and fire within should your demise be needed to save many. Though it is still strange and foreign, you have fallen for this enchanted land and neither with it goodbye nor harm. You have even recruited the wise blademaster for this very purpose. A lady of the many worlds should understand well the balance of order and chaos needed to ensure a land's healthy growth. To understand risk and gain. Though it maybe be a high gamble, let this warrior cast his own scrying runes to fate to see where they fall, and know that if they should fall to an ill pattern she may remove them for the sake of this Gensokyo.
[ ] Make your goal to find a way to remove the god from within you.


The golden-haired lady's soft whisper sends chills down your spine. Will this day bring your doom? Will you die alone and unmourned in this dark void? Or are you jumping to conclusions? After all, she never said she would kill you, or even what she plans to do now.

"What then, Yukari Yakumo, what is your will?" You calmly ask, your mind filled with deadly serenity in anticipation of glorious battle. No room for fear or uncertainty, for even this darkness cannot be enough to hide you from the gaze of one-eyed god.

"I will seal your memories and send you back to your own land. It will be as if you never came here." She answers without pause. Even so, you can hear the regret in her voice.

She would send you back? She would let you return to your homeland? Once you would have welcomed this, even felt gratitude towards the demon living between borders. Once.

Even before you have asked yourself the question you know that you cannot accept this. You have made friends. You have made enemies. You have walked this land of legend and experienced adventure and danger like no other. And how much more could you not experience in Gensokyo? How many daring adventures? How many noble battles? How many cherished memories might wait for you in the land of sorcery and wonder?

No, to turn away from this would be unthinkable. To pass up this opportunity for glory and honour, such as the ones found in the sagas of old, would be nothing less than basest blasphemy, foever tainting you as unworthy in Odin's eye.

"Must this be, O graceful guardian? Strange is the heart of man, for within mine blossoms love for this land. Short has my time here been, yet not even for Otter's ransom would I lose a moment of it. Never would I shatter this realm of wonder, never even though my life be stolen and the birds of Odin rend my flesh."

The fire of poetry fills your heart and mind, words are spun and delivered with grace and intensity. Kvasir's blood flows within your veins as you speak.

"Know that my words are true, I spoke them to old master, to judge my deeds I asked of that wise greymane. You know this, O lady of borders, for even though there is ever the risk of doom, the noble heart faces it without fear. For what is death next to dishonour? By strength of arm and spirit of steel, the doom you speak of shall be turned aside."

Yes, she must see reason. It is Loki who has sent you on this path, always the trickster, always the dark-hearted troublemaker. It is his plans that you must seek to undo.

"Cast the runes, shadow-sorceress! Scry the twisting path, gaze into the well of Urd. Likewise shall I, and if they show visage of doom, divined destiny shall I face without hesitation. If Loki lie-smith rests within me, I shall drive him out, for none who would do harm to this land shall find my aid."

"You're not listening, dear. It isn't about you. There are no gods 'within' you, and your death wouldn't do any good either, quite the contrary in fact." The dark lady's soft-spoken words abruptly shatter your growing confidence. If Yukari notices your reaction, she gives no indication of it. Mercilessly she continues speaking, grinding your hopes and plans into dust.

"It is your faith that is the danger. It is a bridge for all of your gods and devils. For them your soul is an inferno of power, even though you may not realize it yourself. Power enough for the old trickster to fulfil his last, great scheme."

Her words are strange, for how does faith affect the gods? Did not the gods create men, and did not the gods shape the world long before the first mortal arose in Midgard? The gods of this land must be either weak or foolish to rely on the faith of mortals, as if mere wishes could alter the weave of fate. But that is a matter for another time. Now is the time for action, the time for clashing blades and noble battle. Your voice is steel and ice as you give the lady of borders her final warning.

"So you say, shadow-lady, yet you understand not. For I choose to stay, as all free men may. Will you again cast away song-smith against his will? Again invoke wrathful vengeance? If such is your will, lady of borders, know that it is not mine. Know that our wills shall meet in the clash-of-spears if you do not yield."

"That fire..." The lady of borders whispers in a husky voice. "I think that's what I like most about you my dear. It's such a pity I can't keep you~"

This woman! This insolent, infuriating and wonderful woman! Were the fates kinder you feel as if you could learn to love her. Unable to help it you feel your lips curl into a smile as you reply.

"Aye, pity indeed. For you would soon come to know the price of 'keeping' a warrior of the north."

"Aah, tempting. So tempting my dear." The lady coos in your ear. "But I'm afraid that I really can't." She slowly withdraws her arms from around you and pulls away.

With grim determination you slowly turn to confront the dark lady and find her as radiant as you remembered, her naked body bathed in the eerie red light of a hundred eyes.

"Oh my, what a naughty boy you are, peeking on a lady like that." She playfully admonishes, yet makes no attempt to cover her nakedness. Her shameless display of her enticing body even manages to distract you so much that you almost fail to notice the shadows in the void.

At first they flicker at the edge of your vision, but slowly and surely you begin to see the vast, terrible creature of pure power and chaos. Noticing your growing discomfort, Yukari flashes you a mischievious smile, and likewise does the veiled shadow-being. For a horrifying moment you can see what lies beyond, but mercifully it seems as if your mind cannot comprehend it, seeing only a half-glimpsed vastness, primeval and beyond the understanding of mortals.

"I told you it wouldn't be good for your eyes, dear." For a split second the void itself seems to shift, then the dark presence is gone. The demon of borders now stands before you as she did when you first met, dressed in her white-purple dress, parasol in hand and her face hidden behind an elegant fan. Yet in her eyes you can glimpse the one beyond and in-between.

"What are you, shadow-lady?" You softly whisper in awe and terror. Yukari giggles softly and gives you a playful smile. She folds her fan and theatrically sweeps out her arms.

"I? I am the mistress of the void. Mistress of nothing, mistress of everything. The void is potential, my dear boy, and within I can do anything I like."

Is this what you're supposed to battle against? Alone? Unarmed? Without the slightest reasonable chance of victory?

Slowly and surely you feel your lips curl into a smile. Your heart sings with battlelust, for this day you will earn glory greater than any man that walked on Midgard. Let fate bring what it will, you are ready.


[ ] Attack quickly, try to strike a decisive blow before she can react.

[ ] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.

[ ] Wait and let Yukari make the first move.

[ ] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.
>> No. 11038
[x] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

If it is the void that makes her invulnerable, we will fill it by the strength of our will and belief. Creating something from nothing, that is the storyteller's work. The shadows that seemed so terrifying are replaced by rolling fields of green and white, a thousand of our warriors clashing against her beastly kin, staining the grass and snow red. The clamoring of battle and the thunderous sound of men charging across the open field. The sight of Valkyries descending toward the righteous dead. That crisp Northern air all around you.
>> No. 11039
[x] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

It probably won't work, but its such an interesting option that I can't resist. If Sigurd's faith gives power to the Gods, then sing of a god who will empower you with such will. We might get something other than Loki.
>> No. 11040
[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.
Epic fight against guardian of Gensoukyou in the evershifting chaos of Limbo, count me in.
>> No. 11041
[ ] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.

Don't be stupid, I thought people would've at least started to get an idea that gaps are pretty fucking dangerous from A Different Place, but it seems you still haven't learned anything.

Sigurd can barely even concieve the void before him, what chance does he have to best Yukari in this place by extending the will of his conscious mind? She'll be able to crush you in your arrogance without even trying, she's beyond Sigurd's human mind by far.

But this is actually his strength here, whatever that horrible thing that he saw is he wasn't driven mad by it by the sheer fact of him being too daft to comprehend it. So let us regress the rational and reasonable that fetters us in chains of sanity, should either way lead to madness let it be the furious rage that will eventually pass than the gibbering terror of a shattered mind.

Let forth your primal fury and burn away any doubt or weakness in you with rage, let it fill you until there is no more room for anything else to take hold! Focus upon that destructive emotion until you can fashion it into a pure, crystalline weapon of deadly intent and blinding power!


(Hey I just thought of something, Yukari has a thing for beast girls, Ran & Chen, maybe she has a thing for 'Beastmen' as well?)
>> No. 11042
[x] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.
>> No. 11043
>>11041
I'm secretly hoping that Loki will take advantage of being at the primal point of Yukari's essence, and use his will to overpower the gaps enough to basically steal away all of Yukari's power. Perhaps he might even undo her very existence and take her place, becoming the new God of Gensokyo and bathing in the spiritual power within it. Then he'll take over the Norse world too.

That would be an awesome ending.
>> No. 11045
[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

>>11043
Nah, that's the point where our viking friend will start channeling some Odin and kick Lokis ass all over Gensokyo
>> No. 11046
For fuck's sake, Sigurd's going to battle Yukari [i]again[/s]? Geez guys, stop being serious business all the time, if she had received teh cock this situation could have been avoided and everybody would win. Specially Sigurd.
>> No. 11049
>>11046

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 11054
[ ] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.

Ah Yukari, tis a pity that fate has driven us apart. Perhaps we can try again after we've defeated Loki and saved Gensokyo.
>> No. 11062
[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

This will do.
>> No. 11088
[ ] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.

Oh, what the hell.
>> No. 11090
[x] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.
>> No. 11094
Alas, the votes are tied.

Nothing I can do but wait.
>> No. 11095
>>11094
not anymore sir!
[ ] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.
>> No. 11096
Then I'll call the vote here.
>> No. 11147
File 123120326165.jpg - (95.33KB , 253x853 , ef54a85cc66de0fecdd2f5277105412e.jpg ) [iqdb]
11147
Due to unfortunate circumstances this took a bit longer than it should have. On the positive side I have this week free, so in the best case I should be able to crank out an update or two every day until the day of Freyr.

-----------------------

[ ] Call upon the red fury, unchain the beast of rage.


But to battle now, beyond hope and beyond reason, brings with it desperation and the willingness to take every risk. With nothing to lose, and no reason to hold back, you have no option but to call on the red fury. That rage has always been yours, though always carefully chained by will and word, never as severe as some of the berserks of your homeland. You have slain no friends or innocents during the red haze, nor have you lost yourself so completely that you could not control yourself after the battle had ended. But if the dark lady wants to work agains your will, you shall show her true fury unleashed.

Softly you begin to chant a wordless prayer to the keeper of Wrath and Wisdom, not a prayer to summon aid, but a prayer for him to watch and to strip away the clarity of mind, to steal thought and memory, to leave behind only the holy rage. You empty your mind of every thought, then slowly start to build a pyre of unfettered emotion.

Within your mind you carefully review the long list of injustices and insults you have been subjected to. You have been beaten and battered, shot and stabbed, taunted and tempted, doubted and decieved. By men, monsters and magicians alike, no matter how strange or plain. The pride burns within you, wounded and wrathful it feeds the awakening beast. Licking its chops in anticipation the chained monster eagerly drives you on, his fury feeding yours even as your rage wakes and ignites his. Every scrap of resentment, every little cause for anger flows into the beast's maw, stoking the flames of hate against all who would stand against you.

And you yourself? A fool and a failure, one who will bring ruin to all he touches and holds dear. The beast eagerly swallows your every doubt and stinging self-loathing, for in its terrible purity this rage cares not where it is directed as long as it can burn and kill all. It is as if an ocean of oil pours down upon the fire within, flowing through you and transforming into power unfettered.

Lock after lock opens, seal after seal is broken. The Laws and the lessons of civilization turn to ash as they touch the primal force born within your mind. Mere encumberances, foolish concepts such as mercy and pity. The beast is glad to see them go, to feel another of a hundred fetters shatter.Your body trembles as you feel the howl of triumph echo in your ears, your muscles bulge with unbound power and the taste of blood fills your mouth. The beast draws closer, its pure flames burns you as nothing else ever could.

And finally, in the dark sea of oblivion, you know yourself. Sharp are your fangs, strong are your limbs and hate flows through your veins. Claws like daggers, and chaotic, eternal fury are yours to wield.

Instinct speaks, deal death, shatter the cities of the weak, bring fire to their halls, flay the living flesh from their bones and crush their skulls with your claws. The chaos around you sings with a thousand voices, a fleshless choir chanting a hymn to agony, fury and destruction. The darkness is good, the darkness feeds you as you feed it. The darkness is your pack, your brother and sister, and together with the darkness you will hunt and kill all.

"That is a dangerous game, boy." A sharp, iron-edged voice calls out. You recognize it immediately, for the darkness whispers its secrets in your ear. It speaks of the pack-leader, great old one, first beast to walk the void. With a snarl you leap at the gold-maned she-beast, to battle her, to rip out her throat with your fangs and take from her the dominion over the pack. She meets your charge without flinching, her eyes burning like twin suns.

"Bounded Field, 「Boundary of Life and Death」"

Her bolts of light sting the eye as they burn through the void. Snarling in rage you roll to the side and let the first rain of light pass by. The blue flickers past, joined by uncountable lights of every colour. The great beast snarls in frustration as her fangs of light fail to connect time and again as you leap and twist through her attacks. You howl in fury and agony every time one of the fires brushes against you, the pain feeding your rage, the rage numbing you to the pain. It is good, it is more power to destroy with.

Her fires are weak, no longer stinging or burning as you close in for the kill. Bring death, kill her, let the world burn. You howl with joy as your red claws strike the she-beast's shell of light. Soon you will crack it open and kill. Faster and faster your claws batter the barrier while the void's howls reach a fever pitch of fear and delight. It screams in terror and agony, singing of the terrible, hated one. He walks the void. He draws closer.

With a surge of power the great old one batters you with a storm of light. You weather the whirlwind and unleash your own power, drawing chaos within, rending her light to shreds. Her shell cracks and strains, yet her eyes are ice as she sends you tumbling with another flame. Your anger burns ever brighter as darkness screams in pain all around you. Death of chaos is here. Stillness and the end of power.

First beast raises her head and burns with chaos. Light unbound flows. She lashes out again. Your claws meet light, and the dance continues. Nothing else matters, nothing else but to kill. The void wails.


[ ] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.

[ ] Tear her shell, sink fang in throat. Kill and claim your right.

[ ] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11148
[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11149
[X] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.
>> No. 11150
[ ] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11151
[x] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11152
[X] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.

There's no way in hell that we're gonna turn into an evil daemon prince, not on my watch.
>> No. 11153
[ ] RIP AND TEAR
[X] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.
>> No. 11154
[!/] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11155
[x] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.
>> No. 11156
[X] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.
the entire "let worlds burn" clause sounds rather... bad, ominous... generally something you really want to avoid.
>> No. 11157
[X] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.
CRUSH, KILL
REND HER LIMB FROM LIMB
>> No. 11158
[X] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.

My cause is just...my will is strong...and my gun RAGE is very, very large!
>> No. 11159
>>11147
[X] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.

Ascend? What the hell kinda fun is to be had if we're not 100% flesh and blood viking?
>> No. 11161
>>11159

There's fun in becoming a demon lord with a beard made of fire and a sword that eats human souls, followed by making Yukari accept our hellspawn seed, of course.

[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.

And then we'll make Todd McFarlane design some Demon Lord Sigurd action figures and reap the profits. Is this awesome y/n
>> No. 11163
[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.

I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME! ...IT IS A GOOD PAIN!
>> No. 11164
{X} Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.

Do not want Gensokyo ablaze
>> No. 11165
>>11164

Yes, I prefer it in a nice,subtle, and warm blanket of snow
>> No. 11166
File 123122321142.jpg - (42.76KB , 410x512 , 40k20Khorne2001.jpg ) [iqdb]
11166
>>11152
Why not?

[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.

Our thirst for vengeance is a raging inferno. It is a pyre that burns so strongly it burns even in the darkest depths of the cold vacuum of the Void.
>> No. 11167
File 123122446071.gif - (3.69KB , 640x480 , Ray If the Dragonlord Asks You to Join Him Say No.gif ) [iqdb]
11167
Yeah, I'm sure this will turn out well.

A climatic Bad End where Youki fulfills his oath and saves Gensokyo from destruction by taking Sigurd's head could be pretty awesome though.
>> No. 11168
>>11166

HEY YOU

BACK TO WORK
>> No. 11169
[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11171
[x] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.


Now now, lets not go burning down the land we just claimed to love. That would make Sigurd a liar.
>> No. 11173
>>11171
GRIMDARK is fine too. besides, every daemon prince needs a planet to subjugate, and one devoid of life would be boring. so gensokyo won't burn. a little charred, at most.

[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11174
[x] Hump and rape, strip panties and mangle hymen. Make her howl in pain, and then in passion.

Oh Sigurd, you're a beast~♥
>> No. 11175
>>11174

ಠ_ಠ No srsly. ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 11176
[x] Hump and rape, strip panties and mangle hymen. Make her howl in pain, and then in passion.

Sexy time.
>> No. 11177
[x] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.
>> No. 11178
[x] Hump and rape, strip panties and mangle hymen. Make her howl in pain, and then in passion.

Sexy time. YEA!!!
>> No. 11179
[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
Grimndark option go. Though the panty-in sounds amusing. But there's always time to sex up Yukarin~ after we kill her, after all, she wouldn't die even if we killed her~.
>> No. 11181
[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11182
[x] Hump and rape, strip panties and mangle hymen. Make her howl in pain, and then in passion.

Make it happen.
>> No. 11183
how about we combine the three?

[X] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
[x] Hack and rip, shatter shield and mangle limb. Make her howl in pain.
[x] Hump and rape, strip panties and mangle hymen. Make her howl in pain, and then in passion.
>> No. 11184
ತ_ತ
>> No. 11185
Daemon rape fantasy in my thread? It's apparently more likely than I'd have thought.

And according to my latest count the votes are tied. Again.
>> No. 11186
>>11185
go for the combo option then. what are you waiting for?
>> No. 11187
[x] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.
>> No. 11188
>>11186

Wouldn't work, I'm afraid.

>>11187

And with this we have a winner. Writing now.
>> No. 11190
Due to exceptional fatigue, writing is on hold until tomorrow morning.

Selfsage for weakness.
>> No. 11195
>>11187

Well, shit. I also have the feeling this is just gonna BAD END us by destroying Gensokyo.
>> No. 11196
>>11187

Well, shit. I also have the feeling this is just gonna BAD END us by destroying Gensokyo.
>> No. 11197
>>11195
>>11196
Reality is breaking down already!
>> No. 11202
File 123137962991.gif - (42.02KB , 590x591 , 0e23ae8cbfad5ebcf68071c1297cdc99.gif ) [iqdb]
11202
[ ] Claim chaos, draw death and power within. Let worlds burn. Ascend.


The void shivers as you feel hungry chaos around you, instinct reaches out and calls to it. And chaos answers. It flows around you, through you, within you. Chaos fills the void to the brim. Chaos becomes the void. The void becomes chaos.

You howl in pain as the chaos fuses with your spirit, with rage and sinew, claw and fang. In this moment, your are reborn into glory. A god of black fire, walking among mere mortals.

You are death. You are a roaring whirlwind of power unleashed existing only to destroy and dominate. The golden-maned beast will first feel your newfound strength. She will be cast down, humbled and destroyed, her power undone by your fury. Hosts of gibbering voices sing praises to the shadow and flame. Snarling in rage greater than anything before it, you renew your assault on the gold-mane with tenfold fury.

You reach out and shred her puny lights, just as her shell easily cracks beneath your claws. With satisfaction you see her frozen in terror before you, prey fit only to be used and crushed. You growl with savage joy as you slowly draw closer to the prey, your cloak of chaos swirling around you. Her eyes are vacant, her body limp, as if your presence has shattered her completely. A pity, you would have enjoyed this more if she tried to resist.

With a savage thrust, you drive talons of bone and spikes of pure chaos into her frail frame. Flesh is torn and shred, blood is spilled and triumph is proclaimed by howls of joy. With a twist of your arm you drive in the claw deeper into her soft belly, relishing the sensation of bloodshed as never before.

It is at this moment that the full power of the chaos again is vested in its true soverign.

The void screams a thousand names, shared by the single being always hiding within the boundary. Selvans. Hermes. Terminus. Pap-nigin-gara. Men in their ignorance gave her names and imagined her to be one of many gods, never suspecting the truth hidden underneath the mysticism and ritual. They thought that a god, a being of order, could control the boundaries between all. How wrong man was.

For what are boundaries if not the ultimate expression of natural order? And what then is a being capable of arbitrarily redrawing them as she pleases? A being who flaunts this most sacred principle of law?

Chaos knows her as she truly is.

Yukari Yakumo. Avatar.
>> No. 11203
File 123137966552.jpg - (284.79KB , 600x621 , 2ab5219ed47f8595df767eac859fb488.jpg ) [iqdb]
11203
Her hands are unbreakable fetters as she reaches down and grips your arm by the wrist. Her eyes are whirlpools of maddening colour as she raises her head and turns her gaze upon you. As you look into those eyes, the unthinkable emotion slips into your being. You, who should be its very embodiment, now know fear. The primal one smiles in joy.

"Haaah...aaah." An ecstatic moan escapes her lips as she effortlessly pulls out the claw accompanied by a spray of warm liquid. Her expression is rapturous as she lifts your claw to her mouth and slowly licks her own blood off it, slowly circling the razor-sharp talons with her tongue and lapping up the precious fluid of life. Suddenly her teeth close around a talon, and with a jerk of her head she snaps it off, sending spikes of agony through your entire body. The fury is rekindled by pain and outrage and you roar, you wield claws burning with chaos-flame to tear out her heart. They slash into her, they tear her flesh to ribbons, splinter bones and mangle her organs into pulp.

"Ooohh...guaaah..." Her moans are echoed by the void itself as she writhes on the spikes impaling her. Her moans of pleasure quickly turn into amused giggles, and the very void reverberates as she whispers.

"You summoned chaos?" She asks in a hundred discordant voices. "Silly you, don't you know where~ we~ are~ ?" The great old one giggles hysterically as tendrils of darkness deeper than the void flow from her broken facade, a power far older and purer than anything you could ever imagine, now finally unmasked.

You growl in rage and fear as the blackest night wraps around you, and you howl in agony as it fractures bones and snaps sinews. Your fury grows, the power of chaos burns within you. With all your might and will you strain against the wounding fetters. You tear with strength that could shatter steel, and with untold chaos-power you light the void itself on fire.

In reply the darkness twists around and rips into your arms. The bones crack and break, while spikes of black rip through your flesh and the flames flicker and die at her whim. Now laughing with delight, Yukari reaches out with her slender hand and grips your throat. Slowly, agonizingly, she digs her fingers into your flesh while pulling your head closer to her unearthly visage.

There is nothing you can do to stop her as she leans closer and presses her lips against yours. Her tongue thrusts inside, forcefully exploring your mouth while her fingers bore into your neck. She brushes against your fangs, teases your tongue and finally slides down your throat like a serpent. You feel her laboured breathing against your skin even as her black shards dig their way into your torso, igniting unbearable agony as they wreak havoc among your internal organs. Her shadow-claws caress your chest into a bloody ruin even as she snuffs out the embers of fury still smouldering within your mind.

Her kiss ends abruptly as she withdraws her tongue and pushes you down. Her hands reach down and begin to softly caress your manhood, adding obscene pleasure to the pain as you feel it stiffen and grow. You scream as the conflicting feelings duel for supremacy, bliss and agony mixing and amplifying each other until you no longer know where one begins and the other ends. The chaosborn giggles in delight as you howl, pleased with the exciting results of her new game.

"Now... I'll take it..." She softly moans as she kneels down to mount you. Foreplay is finally over as her wet and slick walls envelop your shaft, squeezing tightly as she begins to slide up and down. Invisible throats moan in delight as the Avatar takes her pleasure. She drinks deep of agony and ecstasy, she takes what she wants from the defeated.

"Deeper..." She moans as she rides you. Faster and faster she moves, giving you pleasure indescribable as the soft, wet pressure against your manhood returns again and again. Her golden hair flows down as she leans forward, and you can see your terror-twisted visage reflected in her silver-shimmering eyes.

"Deeper!" She demands while violently grinding her hips against yours. She mindlessly ravages you, seeking to fulfil a desire far older and greater than any mortal could ever hope to understand. Your manhood throbs with obscene pleasure as the force of her gyrations scrape it raw. Her pussy tightens with every second until it is crushing your manhood, yet even this brings you only greater pleasure.

"DEEPER!" She howls in mad, mindless pleasure, throwing back her head as she climaxes. Her black barbs flail violently within you, shredding your torso, tearing off your limbs and ripping open muscles and organs. The void blooms with light, bolts of pure power and creation criscross the darkness, birthing a hundred bright stars that die as soon as they blossom into being.

Finally sated, the Avatar slowly pushes herself off you, rising and taking a few steps back. She smiles in delight as she looks down on your broken form, her triumph complete and without question.

The beast whimpers softly, then it finally dies as its essence is snuffed out by humiliation and utter defeat. Left behind is the merest shell of a man, twisted and shattered by the very powers he thoughtlessly invited. Your shattered soul hangs in the void, wounded, raped, abused and finally...

"Broken~" The lady of in-between whispers before she finally tears your very soul into formless shreds. For an instant the power and chaos contained within blooms beautifully within the void, then it is gone forever.

------------------------------------

Here lies the tale of a noble warrior's descent into the the chaos-madness, and of foolish hubris as he thought himself more than a man.

Here lies a tale of caution. Heed it while you still can, young one.


TRUE DEATH No.2

[ ] Continue?
-[ ] Back 1 post
-[ ] Back 2 posts
[ ] New saga?
>> No. 11205
>>11203
I know some people are going to be happy about this BAD END. I ain't one of them.

[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts

A new saga is very, very tempting. The serious business people keep heeping on Sigurd has been getting on my nerves for the last couple threads. But, the current path feels like it's closer to a "true end" than Yukari's idyllic little vision for Sigurd in Gensokyo.

Can't we go back, like, 4 posts and sex Yukari to get out? I liked that plan a lot better than trying to fight a god in her plane of existence.
>> No. 11206
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 1 post
[X] CRUSH, KILL
[X] REND HER LIMB FROM LIMB
>> No. 11207
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts
[X] Attack quickly, try to strike a decisive blow before she can react.

now we try SNEAK ATTACK before she gets all SRS BISNIS.
>> No. 11208
>>11205
it's fine. we need to hit all the BAD ENDS to complete the cg set.
>> No. 11209
[X] New saga?
>> No. 11210
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts
[X] Wait and let Yukari make the first move.

If we lost because we attacked Yukari in this weird space, i'd say the only way to get out is to actually talk her out of it. I think the fact that we won't attack straight away will prompt her to ask, thus buying us time.

...hopefully.
>> No. 11211
File 123138904529.jpg - (98.53KB , 1280x720 , 1229998729217.jpg ) [iqdb]
11211
>>11205

Psh. Atleast we got LAID.
>> No. 11212
>>11152

I knew it, I tried to warn you guys. Chaos doesn't pay! Haha.
>> No. 11213
[x] Whatever Norseman prefers.
>> No. 11214
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts
-[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

I want my fight against Lavos Core, with the background shifting through space-time periodically.
>> No. 11215
>>11214
This will probably end up like the one we just had, or worse, but I'm fucking tired of the pussification and desperate avoidance of bad ends.
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts
-[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.
>> No. 11216
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts
-[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

hey, why not. let's collect all the BAD END cgs before talking our way out of it like a pussy.
>> No. 11217
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts
-[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

At this point we need to impress Yukari enough to make her believe we're worth having around. Fighting her without the help of our fell gods is useless. Not even Chaos can help us overcome Yukari. If this doesn't work, then we've screwed up royally already, and we may have to resort to a new Saga.
>> No. 11218
File 123140402727.jpg - (109.87KB , 856x484 , Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.jpg ) [iqdb]
11218
[X] Continue?
-[X] Back 2 posts
-[X] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

I'm kind of surprised you guys didn't pick the blatant TTGL option the first time.
>> No. 11219
[X]Back 1 post
-[x] Hump and rape, strip panties and mangle hymen. Make her howl in pain, and then in passion.

This ought to give us a different result. A better result.
>> No. 11222
Well, I'll reveal that there are quite a few ways to escape your current predicament.

I'll also add that underestmating any of the big players in Gensokyo probably will end badly.

Also, writing now.
>> No. 11223
>>11222
>Well, I'll reveal that there are quite a few ways to escape your current predicament.

We tried bargaining, offering to swear an oath to fight Loki's aims, swallowing our pride and asking politely, telling her that we loved Gensokyo, and assuring her that Youki would be our custodian.

>"If you remain in Gensokyo as you are right now, you will destroy it. I know you won't believe me, but you don't know what your gods are planning. I do."

This implication here is that he needs to change in some way to stay in Gensokyo, but how? It would be difficult in character to sowing the seeds of doubt in his mind of the primacy of his gods. Maybe we should ask her to elucidate on what she claims our gods are planning?

>"I will seal your memories and send you back to your own land. It will be as if you never came here." She answers without pause. Even so, you can hear the regret in her voice.

A show of will may make her realize that this is simply impossible. Sigurd broke free of her compulsions before: "Impose your will upon the shifting chaos" may be a good way to prove this to her. We may be able to force a compromise, as she admits:
>"There are no gods 'within' you, and your death wouldn't do any good either, quite the contrary in fact."

I suppose that inviting Chaos into himself, and therefore Yukari, allowed her to consume his soul and faith safely, avoiding whatever the undesirable consequences were of killing him outright. What that is, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing his faith is strong enough that a Valkyrie would save him, allowing him to come back as an Einherjar, putting him directly at the disposal of Odin. Yukari might be underestimating Sigurd if that is true, as Sigurd may be able to change the designs of his gods were he to meet them.

Another idea would be challenging her to a danmaku contest, under which terms she would be bound. We could also plead that in her own words, "Gensokyo allows all things" and that her intervention is heavy-handed, especially since her plans for us have failed once already.

>I'll also add that underestimating any of the big players in Gensokyo probably will end badly.

I think so far it's been fair turnabout for chumping Yukari so easily back in Mayohiga.

>Also, writing now.

Hooray!
>> No. 11225
>>11223

>We tried bargaining, offering to swear an oath to fight Loki's aims, swallowing our pride and asking politely, telling her that we loved Gensokyo, and assuring her that Youki would be our custodian.

Talking can work, but so far you've picked the wrong way to try to convince her.

As for the quite few ways, you should consider who you are fighting, where you are fighting and where you came from. Perhaps even why you're fighting at all.

>I suppose that inviting Chaos into himself, and therefore Yukari, allowed her to consume his soul and faith safely, avoiding whatever the undesirable consequences were of killing him outright

Basically, yes. Yukari did obliterate Sigurd completely, which is slightly worse than merely killing someone. Not what she wanted to do, but pure chaos is tricky like that.

>I think so far it's been fair turnabout for chumping Yukari so easily back in Mayohiga.

To be perfecly honest, Anonymous has been somewhat overconfident after that. It should be remembered that it was only with Loki's help that you were able to hurt Yukari at all.
>> No. 11226
And update.

------------------

[ ] Continue?
-[ ] Back 2 posts
-[ ] Impose your will upon the shifting chaos.


The shadows shift within the timeless place. A moment feels like an eternity, and eternity like the blink of an eye. How long have you stood face to face with the dark lady? You cannot recall.

Shrugging off the strange feeling of deja vu, you quickly ponder your options. What can you do? Attack her? Wait for her to act? Summon the rage within?

But no, you know that none of these options is a good one. You are unarmed, to surrender the initiative would be foolish, and the rage is not to be trusted, especially not in this shadow-place. In any case you no longer battle merely to slay this woman. No, if there must be battle, let it be honourable. Let it be a clash between noble warriors, between men of honour and not mere beasts, so it may please Allfather's eye.

Yukari's eyes glimmer with curiosity as she scrutinizes you. Strange, if she wishes to spirit you away again, why does she make no move? Your mind conjures a few explanations, none of them plusible. But perhaps she too desires to face a worthy foe, to clash her power against yours?

Your thoughts then turn to her earlier words. She spoke of the void, of the void being 'potential', of her omnipotence within. Her latter claim would surely mean that your struggle is hopeless if she chooses to turn her full powers upon you, but it is the former one that catches your attention. What is the void? What is the darkness? Suddenly you understand, and with the understanding your path is revealed.

This dark void is not shaped from Aurgelmir's flesh. This is a realm of possibility, a realm of creation, a realm unbound by natural law. But so was great Ginnugagap, so was the realm that birthed Ymir frost-father. Him the sons of Bor did slay, and so was order brought to the void, so were nine worlds crafted around the world-tree. Around you, unbound chaos swirls. You concentrate and break off a small fragment of it, carefully keeping the unfocused power in check with your will.

"Playing with chaos is dangerous, dear boy." Yukari asks in an slightly amused voice. "You sure you want to do it?"

"Out of chaos are all things created, lady of borders, out of blood and death came nine worlds." You shout back. Confidence fills your heart as your audacious plan takes shape, so very simple yet one that you could never accomplish outside this disorienting nothingness.

To battle, the warrior needs a blade. Thus the blade must be forged.

"Watch my work, golden-hair. Travel far you must to see its like, to Nidavellir's deep halls. To cavern and chasm hollowed by Mótsognir's kin must she go to find its equal." Your words ring with pride as you begin conjuring, the power twisting and turning as you impose your will upon the shifting chaos.

You feel as if you have done this before. As if you have stood in the smithy countless times, watching priceless treasures take form, imposing order on the chaotic dance of fire and metal. Even though you have never wielded the blacksmith's hammer, you know the songs of forging, the names of fierce blades shaped by the smiths of old. Of Durin and Dvalin you can sing, of Brokk and Eitri and of Ivaldi's far-famed sons. Your mind knows their unmatched skill, and in this place, where nothing is bound into form or function, the saga is created anew.

Your mind conjures the stuff of legends as your will brings the uncreated into existance. Will binds the chaos, will grasps it by the throat and forces it to take shape. The void fills with the sound of creation, and somewhere far, far away you can feel an faint echo, as if something that does not quite belong notices the binding of chaos and approves. With a final push of pure will you fix the creation into its final shape.

The forge falls silent.

You draw your blade.


[ ] The shadow-shard, child of hoarfrost and black ice. Runes burn bright on night-blade's side.

[ ] The world-cleaver, mountain's heart bound by Durin's sons. Nidavellir's treasure, thousand-named.

[ ] The once-shattered blade, drawer of wisdom's blood. Unasked gift, doom-bringer.

[ ] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

[ ] The grey devourer, madness honed into razor's edge. Thrice-cursed sword, ever-hungry blood-bringer.

[ ] The fang of word-serpent, wand of venom and hate. Sharpened bones of dead men washed in river of etter.
>> No. 11227
[X] The shadow-shard, child of hoarfrost and black ice. Runes burn bright on night-blade's side.
>> No. 11229
[X] The world-cleaver, mountain's heart bound by Durin's sons. Nidavellir's treasure, thousand-named.
MANLY
FUCKING
AXE

>[ ] The shadow-shard, child of hoarfrost and black ice. Runes burn bright on night-blade's side.
Frostmourne! Oh how I loved thee.
>> No. 11230
>>11229
Wait that's probably not an axe at all.

Fuck, I'm going to pretend it is.
>> No. 11231
[x] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.
>> No. 11232
File 123146496843.jpg - (252.63KB , 1060x1500 , 828490e97038d5304fd773f1e82a4269.jpg ) [iqdb]
11232
>>11226
How can ask someone to pick just one?!

[X] The shadow-shard, child of hoarfrost and black ice. Runes burn bright on night-blade's side.
>> No. 11233
Shit. Which one's Gram?
>> No. 11234
File 123146677762.jpg - (200.44KB , 514x1013 , arthas.jpg ) [iqdb]
11234
[x] The shadow-shard, child of hoarfrost and black ice. Runes burn bright on night-blade's side.
>> No. 11236
[X] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

Who knows, might just work against Loki as well.
>> No. 11237
>>11236

[ ] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

My thoughts exactly.
>> No. 11238
[x] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.
>> No. 11239
huh. type moon sense tingling.

[x] Unlimited Blade Works.
>> No. 11240
[X] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.
>> No. 11241
[x] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

Trace on!
>> No. 11242
Ah ha, Wiki paints a weird picture
>The golden flame, son of Muspelheim
>Múspellsheimr... is a realm of fire: the sons of Muspel will break the Bifrost bridge, signaling the end of times
So... End of Times, or stopping Loki: what's the motivation behind the golden flame?
>> No. 11243
[!/] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

Time killan' sword sure sounds much better then a WarFaggotry sword.
>> No. 11244
[x] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.


Norseman I forgot to tell you on the last post:
"Well told, World-Weaver. I enjoyed it greatly."
>> No. 11245
{X} The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.
>> No. 11246
[x] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.
>> No. 11247
[x] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.
>> No. 11248
[ ] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

Holy shit. Sigurd is the Manliest fucking anon ever!
>> No. 11249
>>11241

Now I want to hear Sigurd's version of the UBW chant.
>> No. 11250
[x] The once-shattered blade, drawer of wisdom's blood. Unasked gift, doom-bringer.

Pissing against the tide here, but I want my Gram.

[ ] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

I'm thinking this is Surtr's sword.
>> No. 11251
[ ] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.

YOU HAVE MY AXE
>> No. 11252
There seems to be a consensus among the good Anonymous.

Writing now.
>> No. 11262
File 123155045184.jpg - (214.90KB , 792x1000 , 267b6151f8b731046c2894ca614d12cc.jpg ) [iqdb]
11262
[ ] The golden flame, son of Muspelheim. Brother to fire-giant's blade, maker of ruins, god-slayer.


Golden light shines in the eternal dark as wrap your fingers around the hilt of the blade. You raise the sword and hold it aloft to inspect the long, glowing blade, the fire-bound sword fresh from the forges of this night-realm. Judging from appearances it seems to be made out of red gold, yet it is far lighter than gold should be. You carefully swing the blade and to your delight the balance is excellent despite the great length of the blade, for if you're any judge the pommel would probably reach your chest if the sword's tip were at your feet. As you inspect the sword you find that even the ornamental details of the pommel and crossguard are works of art, the design resembling leaping flames, apparently made out of gold of a slightly different colour than the rest of the blade.

But the most striking aspect of the golden sword is the inner light shining from within. Whether it is a property of the blade itself or an aftereffect of the forging you do not know, but for now the sword is like a shard of trapped sunlight. And even so you sense the fire within, for is not Sol's chariot and Muspelheim's fury both of the burning element? Can not the sun's light sear men to their deaths as surely as the fiercest fire-storm? Not a mere plaything or a pretty trophy, this is a sword that will make ruins uncounted and slay men and giants alike.

You raise the blade high and watch it shine in the darkness. Slowly and carefully you turn your pride and satisfaction into well-spun words, letting out the emotions in verse and rhyme as befits the name-giving of a great work such as this.

"Blade is drawn, smith's work done.
Hammer he did, wrought fire and steel with strength and skill,
like dwarves of old, like Durin and Dvalin, old blade-smiths.

Like Ivaldi's sons, spear-shapers of wit and cunning.
In their forge Gungnir was born, war-binger of great renown.

Like Brokk and Eitri who hammered Mjölnir, that slayer of thurses.
In Svartalfheim's halls was world-serpent's bane wrought.

Sharp sword skilled smith shaped, Sol's shine bound by blade-edge.
Blade of light, wowen from Skinfaxi's mane.

Burning blade brave berserker brings, battle's fury feeds flickering flame.
Maker of ruins, slayer of gods and men.

By my hands forged, by my hands wielded.
I name you Sólargeisli."

You lower the blade and reverently watch the glimmers of light flowing beneath the surface. But as soon as it started, your solemn moment of silence is disturbed by an exited voice.

"Marvelous, fantastic! I've never seen anything like it." You turn to face this sudden disturbance and find the the dark lady clapping her hands while smiling happily. "Do it again?"

You cannot help but feel a tug at your heart-strings as you look into her wide, shining eyes. Almost child-like in her joyful eagerness, the lady of borders now shows you another of her many sides. Strange is she, truly an unsolvable riddle if there ever was one.

But now is not the time to marvel at the shadow-lady's mysteries. Now is the time to test the smith's work, to baptise your blade on the battlefield.

"Nay, O fair lady of shadowed realm. The smith has done his duty, now only swordsman's one remains." Yukari adopts a surprised expression at your words, theatrically covering her mouth with one hand in feigned shock.

"Oh my? You still want to fight? That sword really won't change anything you know." You reply with a confident smile and raise your blade in a salute.

"Aye, for if the battle cannot be won, then let my death be one that is forever famed. Allfather watch as we meet in chash-of-spears!"

With a wordless cry of joy and battlelust you leap towards the lady of borders, Sólargeisli flickering out like a gilded serpent's tongue. With surprising agility the lady of borders ducks beneath the shining arc, and fluttering like a whirlwind of purple and white she begins weaving around your attacks without much apparent effort. You can't help feeling impressed by this display, by the woman with her half-mocking smile who is avoiding death-blow after death-blow. But she is not the only skilled warrior in this battle. With methodic precision you begin to time and aim your blows so that her own graceful dodging is slowly backing her into a corner.

She moves to the left and up. Up again, then away. She drops down, and suddenly she seems distracted by something. Taking the opportunity you slash at her exposed side, the sword flowing like a river of deadly light. Noticing her predicament, the lady meets light with light and Sólargeisli glances harmlessly off her radiant shield. You draw back the blade and deliver a savage slash against her barrier, your blade smashing into the mystic wall. It holds. Yukari flashes you a small smile while she draws a small card from the void itself.

Sorcery! A welcome sight, for the mighty magic of Gensokyo must surely be a fair challenge for any warrior. You immediately leap back and in a flash of light you raise your blade and steel yourself for the inevitable barrage.

But something is wrong. Even though there is nothing exept the two of you within the darkness, you still sense something out there. Something different, something that does not belong. Yukari's expression suddenly shifts from mischievious glee to something in-between unease and annoyance, proof enough that whatever it is, she has also noticed it. And as far as you can tell, it draws closer.


[ ] She isn''t paying attention to you. Strike quickly to take advantage of this.

[ ] Attract her attention and continue the glorious battle. Idle warriors please not Odin's eye.

[ ] Whatever you did sense apparently distressed Yukari. Try to stall for time until it arrives.

[ ] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.
>> No. 11265
[ ] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.

History has shown that fighting Yukarin~ is a bad idea.
>> No. 11266
[!/ ] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.
>> No. 11268
[X] Whatever you did sense apparently distressed Yukari. Try to stall for time until it arrives.

"Hey, let's fight for a bit, then stop for a bit, then fight again later."
Wordless truces can be made if need be.
>> No. 11271
[x] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.
>> No. 11275
[x] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.
>> No. 11276
[x] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.

We should take the moment to summon another blade, but whatever this will work.
>> No. 11277
[X] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.

I tried my damndest at coming up with some alliteratvie verse to justify a temporary truce but failed hideously. Damned if I know how you manage it Norseman...

...and damn it why didn't you end up on /border/? Your Yukarin is too delicious to be used on /forest/...
>> No. 11278
[x] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.
>> No. 11279
[x] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.
"Something... is not RIGHT..."
>> No. 11282
[x] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.

I'd been thinking that his Norse gods wouldn't mean much to Yukari's power, considering there are a slew of powerful gods already in Gensokyo. Then I remembered that in Sigurd's myth, he slew a dragon.
>> No. 11285
>>11277

Yukarin goes on every board.

And I ended up on /forest/ partially because I like Alice and Marisa, and partially because /forest/ was quite dead when I started writing.

>>11282

Consider the fact that according to norse mythology, Odin and his brothers literally created the world.


And vote's open until tomorrow morning. Writing then.
>> No. 11290
[x] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.

>>11285
Could we have killed Yukari for good back then with Loki's help?
>> No. 11294
>>11290
I recall that if we had chosen to burn Yuarki's body with Loki's flame after we snapped her neck instead of honoring her (temporary) corpse as we did, it would have been a TRUE (bad) END where Gensokyo collapses around us. Vague recollection speaking.
>> No. 11296
>>11290

For all intents and purposes, yes. Border collapsing, shit going down.

And I'll call the vote here since it seems quite unanimous.
>> No. 11309
Writing postponed due to tired writefag.
>> No. 11319
Writing postponed again due to distracted writefag.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and encourage our audience not to worry, but to rather watch warmly until it's ready.
>> No. 11320
>>11319
Where is my tea
>> No. 11321
>"If you remain in Gensokyo as you are right now, you will destroy it.
>as you are right now, you will destroy it.
>right now,

Well. There is your answer. We can remain in Gensokyo, but something would have to change.
>> No. 11324
Updates?
>> No. 11333
>>11324

Tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll shamelessly urge you to take a look in /others/.
>> No. 11366
File 123216070170.jpg - (374.44KB , 1200x800 , 9d249760e5e217aa5ea15ee0166d1e6a.jpg ) [iqdb]
11366
This took slightly longer than it should have. I blame university and the sudden inspiration leading to my second project. But anyway, here goes.

-------------------------

[ ] The thing out there might be more dangerous than the lady of borders. Propose a truce for now.


Questions race through your head, but the prospect of greater danger pushes them away. Leave pondering for kinder times, and this pointless battle for later. Something that could unnerve even the demon of borders within her own realm is surely a more pressing matter than any mundane mystery, and defense against this new threat should be highest among your priorities.

"Fair lady, golden and gracious, hear as I weave wise words. When men battle, the foolish alone turn from High One's counsel. When snarling wolf and fickle flames snap around his heels, the wise man waits not for his doom, even aid from fierce foeman is welcome when deadlier dangers arise. Let my sword shield you, lady of shadow, lest we both perish beneath unseen blade and foeman unknown."

The lady slowly turns towards you, her slightly flushed face half-hidden behind her fan. For a long moment she looks at you, then her lips curl into a cunning smile.

"Ah~, how long has it been?" The shadow-lady wistfully sighs. "I had almost forgotten how it feels to have my own knight on a white horse."

"You're sweet, dear boy," She continues before you can reply, "and I do appreciate your concern, but I don't think it will be necessary." The lady's voice is gentle as she speaks, but her smile and her eyes contain joyful mischief. So she wants to play? You're not surprised anymore, and with expectation comes preparation. With a smile of your own you meet her gaze and answer her words with your own.

"Not necessary, O lady of borders? Say you that his sword is not needed, the song-smith's shield of steel? Can his blade not whirl like the northern wind, warding away sword and spell?" You adopt a sorrowful tone, and deliver the finishing line. "How then, if his valour is scorned, can the verse-weaver be her knight?"

For a second the lady of borders seems to be struck speechless. Then her face is lit up by a wide smile and her soft laughter fills the void with mirth.

"Oh, such a silver tongue you have, dear. What more can it do, I wonder~?" Yukari laughs again and flicks a small card into the air. "But if you're so concerned about me, I suppose I'll have to soothe your worries."

"Border Sign, 「Quadruple Barrier」"

At Yukari's command the hovering card ignites with power, and blinding white light flashes from her hands, flowing out and creating a cage of solid power all around you. You hiss a wordless curse as the light stings your eyes, burning like fire for a brief moment. Spots dance before your eyes as the light slowly recedes until it simply illuminates the area within as if it were regular daylight. You look around you in wonder, admiring the all-encompassing border that has turned the darkness into a realm of light. In your hand you can feel your sword respond to the light, feeding off the rays of power emanating from Yukari's sorcery.

"This should keep out the little things. Better now?"

Despite Yukari's assurances you still feel that something is wrong. Even though her barrier is in place, you still sense the ripples in the void. It feels as if you're sailing the blue ocean and some great sea-beast follows your longship, always staying just out of sight. Maybe Yukari can't sense the subtle pressure, or perhaps her vast powers make her downplay the feeling. Or maybe whatever it is that lies out there is searching for you? You feel as if you should know the answer, but it slips from your grasp when you try to reach for it.

"Penny for your thoughts~" Yukari softly whispers in your ear, completely breaking your concentration. You quickly compose yourself and answer her, giving voice to your lingering doubt.

"Will it turn away all foes, the many-layered shield of craft and cunning? Will no trick or spell twist and shatter, tear thy sorcery into tattered shreds?"

"Of course not." Yukari confidently exclaims. "You don't doubt me, do you?" She adds while looking at you with wide, puppy-like eyes.

"I''ll have you know that my barriers almost never break." Yukari continues with a small smile. She seems sure of herself, despite the circumstances. You, on the other hand feel a growing unease, a feeling that saps your confidence and divides your mind with worries. Something still is wrong.


[ ] Ask Yukari to remove the barrier. The wortly warrior hides not behind sorcery.

[ ] Tell Yukari to strengthen the barrier. You have a bad feeling about this.

[ ] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.

[ ] If Yukari claims that the barrier will hold, then it surely will. Continue your glorious battle.
>> No. 11368
>"I''ll have you know that my barriers almost never break."
>almost

There youg go.
[ ] If Yukari claims that the barrier will hold, then it surely will. Start your glorious intercourse.

[ ] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.

>sudden inspiration leading to my second project.

Will we be playing as the heroic spirit of a viking warrior?
>> No. 11369
[ ] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
>> No. 11370
[x] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
>> No. 11371
File 123216375367.jpg - (168.19KB , 647x926 , fea321b508975cbfa4921310e78ea18b.jpg ) [iqdb]
11371
[!/] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
>> No. 11372
[x] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.

Oh Yukari you sweety, you are trying to keep us happy and ignorant so we can enjoy our final moments together. But Norsanon isn't a child, and would rather be treated as a partner.
>> No. 11373
File 123216755433.png - (126.57KB , 381x502 , 1240174.png ) [iqdb]
11373
>>11366
[X] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.

Huh. In the span of a Bad End, Sigurd went from the rod up his ass having a rod up its ass to charming manly badass. Bad Ends are cathartic like that, I guess. Also;

>"Oh, such a silver tongue you have, dear. What more can it do, I wonder~?"
Wow.
>> No. 11375
[x] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.

Use the Force, Sigurd.
>> No. 11376
File 123216834199.jpg - (136.83KB , 600x846 , 122350839524.jpg ) [iqdb]
11376
thread needs more Yukarin~
>> No. 11377
[ ] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
>> No. 11378
[x] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
>> No. 11380
[x] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
>> No. 11381
>"Ah~, how long has it been?" The shadow-lady wistfully sighs. "I had almost forgotten how it feels to have my own knight on a white horse."

Make it happen! It's not yet too late for Yukari Route.

[x] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
>> No. 11382
[X] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.
Hah, Yuakin route might indeed be amusing.
>> No. 11383
>>11368

>sudden inspiration leading to my second project.

>Will we be playing as the heroic spirit of a viking warrior?

Heroic spirit, maybe. Anyway, it can be found in /others/. You'll know it when you see it.
>> No. 11391
[x] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.

Ah, Yukarin~
>> No. 11421
File 123233059688.jpg - (399.88KB , 850x850 , 40388db7589b4f38b611f22cea439a07.jpg ) [iqdb]
11421
[ ] Attune your mind to your surroundings. Try to sense what lies outside.


If there is one lesson that a man must learn, it is that ignorance brings death. Whether he lifts his blade in the heart of battle or wanders over the rime-swept hills this is true, no matter if he rides stout sea-steed over Aegir's halls or defends his case before the king's court, knowledge is always the gift of Odin, a breath of life as potent as the sons of Bor once gifted to the first man. The lady of borders watches you with interest, still not making any hostile actions. Again you find yourself wondering why she does not battle you. How does she expect to cast you out of Gensokyo without a struggle? And most importantly, why does she dismiss the other one within the void, the closing unknown that you strangely enough can sense?

You are now almost certain that either you or Yukare are being decieved, for either she is trying to hide the existence of the thing outside from you, or the thing outside has hidden itself from her. But if the latter part is true, how can something hide from the mistress of this realm? Thus is your question posed, and thus is knowledge needed.

You wordlessly pray to far-seeing Heimdall, wishing that your senses were as sharp as that keen-eyed watchman, for in the nine worlds he only meets his match in Odin himself when High One is seated on his throne. The magic of Hlidskjalf would do you good this day, for mortal senses will not find that which is hidden. You feel your mind slipping slightly, as if hesitating on the edge of something greater. You need focus.

And focus you will have, for what other tool does the skilled slayer need, than his gleaming wound-bringer?

Your sword-arm rises without conscious thought and your eyes wander to the shining edge of your blade. You slowly lose yourself in the enthralling light scattering from the border of edge and void, letting the world of the five senses disappear, replaced by a place and mind that is different altogether.

In this place every sense seems sharper, as if your spirit itself, for spirit you must be in this uncreated place, flows out to touch the void around you. The sensation is unfamiliar at first, but you quickly learn to control it, and to sense the nothingness all around you. But perhaps that is the wrong way to describe your feeling? You have called this place a 'void', but now you realize that this term is not strictly true. For even though they are unseen to the naked eye there are subtle currents in the darkness, flowing, delicate strands of power and potential randomly dancing through the ink-black depths. There are vortexes and tides among the chaos-matter, and a hurricane of bound power swirling around the lady of borders and the barrier of her creation.

But no matter how you choose to describe it, there are always three unifying traits. The constant motion, the all-encompassing power and the subtle beauty of the dancing randomness. For a moment you feel at peace, as the primeval gods themselves must have felt as they watched the darkness before creation. And with senses thus enhanced you sense the disturbing being waiting outside the barrier, and the moment is over.

Though it is hard to fully comprehend you do know that the anomaly exists outside and you can clearly sense it. It is darkness beyond darkness, nothing, yet somehow less than nothing. It is so different, it is stillness, the absence of power and change. The tides of chaos flow around it, never touching the core of the otherness as if repelled by something within. You suddenly realize that strictly speaking you do not sense anything outside, only the sudden absence that begins and ends around a certain point in the void.

You strain your senses, attempt to pierce the veil of deeper darkness cast over the , but to no avail. It is like a single dark could moving across the night sky, noticable only because it hides the stars beihind itself. Your senses, attuned to the flowing chaos, are blind to that which is not touched by chaos. Yet your efforts are not entirely wasted, for you do sense it reaching out somehow, as if it is sensing its surroundings, searching the void yet remaining untouched by it.

A disturbing thought enters your mind, if you can feel its senses, can not the being within sense you?


[ ] Follow the anomaly with your senses and try to block it if it tries to pass through the barrier.

[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.

[ ] Break your trance and tell Yukari about what you've learned.
>> No. 11422
[x] Follow the anomaly with your senses and try to block it if it tries to pass through the barrier.
>> No. 11423
[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.

reminds me of that story about the mollusc, the crane, and the fisherman.

be the fisherman.
>> No. 11424
>And focus you will have, for what other tool does the skilled slayer need, than his gleaming wound-bringer?
>Your sword-arm rises without conscious thought and your eyes wander to the shining edge of your blade. You slowly lose yourself in the enthralling light scattering from the border of edge and void, letting the world of the five senses disappear, replaced by a place and mind that is different altogether.

BY THE EYE OF THUNDERA

>A disturbing thought enters your mind, if you can feel its senses, can not the being within sense you?

[x] Follow the anomaly with your senses and try to block it if it tries to pass through the barrier.
[x] Make your own presence clear; demand your foe-man reveal himself.

EXCUSE ME, BUT WTF R U DOIN?
>> No. 11425
>>11424
we tire ourself out with the chest beating, and then an apologetic Yukarin throws our ass out while we're defenseless, after killing the weakened Ancient Evil. yeah, that works out so great for us.

the correct option is obviously to have the two duke it out while we watch.
>> No. 11426
[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.
>> No. 11427
>>11425

But wouldn't killing the ancient evil remove her reason for throwing us out?
>> No. 11428
>>11427
i doubt it. it's the norse gods she's worried about.
>> No. 11429
[X] Follow the anomaly with your senses and try to block it if it tries to pass through the barrier.
Is it even evil? You don't think of a storm as evil do you? Do we know enough of the anomaly to declare it sentient?
>> No. 11430
[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.
>> No. 11431
[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.

Discretion is the better part of valor.
>> No. 11433
[x] Follow the anomaly with your senses and try to block it if it tries to pass through the barrier.
[x] Make your own presence clear; demand your foe-man reveal himself.
>> No. 11434
[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.
>> No. 11435
[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.

I have mixed feelings about this, but votes seem full anyways so I might as well.
>> No. 11449
[ ] Observe the anomaly, but try to remain hidden from it.
>> No. 11450
Going to officially call the vote here. Update should be finished tomorrow.