[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122853462265.jpg - (231.97KB , 1600x1200 , 1213420666543.jpg ) [iqdb]
10385 No. 10385
"Alright, Marisa, fine. I'm not in the mood to keep playing games anyway."

Speaking more softly than before a tired edge bleeds into your voice, now directed it so that it's coming from a spot of thin air mere inches away from Marisa's ear. The enthusiasm is draining out of you like someone just pulled the plug on it, it all just swirls away leaving you drained. Physically you're not in too bad a shape, save for the state of your clothes and not having a bath recently, but mentally you're reaching your breaking point.

"This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."

With that you sink heavily to the ground, not caring if it gives away your position to do so or not, the cool mud that you sink into just simply doesn't bother you anymore, you're past the point of caring now. Wearily you lay your back up against a tree, peeking out through the grass at her you see she's hesitating looking unsure of herself, so you continue.

"On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."

You wonder where Wriggle is right now, in your flight from Kourindou's you lost track of her although you're fairly certain she tried to give chase, you wonder if she gave up half way or if she's still on your trail? Either way you want to let he know you're fine as soon as possible, otherwise she might get it into her head that she'll need to come rescue you from Marisa as she did Alice. How much distance did you cover trying to keep Marisa off of you anyway? Feels like you've ran a marathon but for all you know you could've been going in circles before now, a warm house with comfortable chairs and hot tea could be just around the corner, that would be nice. A hot bath, a decent meal and some down time just to relax would be heaven right now, life has been too dramatic the last couple of days.

"I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."

With that last effort you release your will and the spell fades, taking a great weight off of your shoulders with it, rather than put the rose back into it's usual spot you slip the stem through a button hole to keep it at hand. The silence of the forest washes over you, seems like Marisa scared off any of the locals as it's unnaturally quiet here at the moment, save for the constant chortle of the stream and the occasional rustle in the wind you can't hear anything other than your own ragged breathing. You take a moment to close your eyes and savour this moment of peace, half expecting Marisa to shatter it once more and kick off again, a thought that brings a bitter smirk to your lips.

The silence stretches on.....

And on.....

Until you're not even sure if Marisa is even there anymore, it's taking so long for her to answer you begin to wonder if you ended the spell too early and she didn't catch all of it, leaving her wondering why you suddenly left without warning. Taking less care than before, no longer caring if she sees you or not, you brush the thick green blades to one side and look out past the stream. Standing sheepishly on the ground now, no longer perched upon the broom she has slung limply at her back, Marisa stands alone her back towards you but with a downcast stance, not speaking a word. One shoe scratches the back of a leg before childishly kicking at the earth at her feet, she gives a tremendous sigh then says in a voice so small you almost can't hear it.

"You make it really hard to be mad, David."

The fight sapped right out of her she waits forlorn for you to appear before her once again, taking out what little anger remains on the innocent soil around her with feeble stabs of her toe. She really is a child at heart......

"Let's just go home, I won't ask you what happened if you don't want to talk about it. I just don't want to have to worry about you anymore, so just come home with me now so I can see you'll alright. That's all I want, I guess..."

And that's all you wanted to hear, if she had simply asked you earlier rather than jumping to conclusions then you'd have been glad to head back with her, there's no where else in this world that's closer to something you'd call "home" than Marisa's house anyway. Still, you're not apologizing unless she does first and you've got to check on Wriggle before you do anything else, you'll have to talk that over with Marisa now. Summoning the will to move once again you go to stand up.

But come face to face, with Alice.

>> No. 10386
Sitting opposite you wordlessly with a predatory smirk on her face the puppeteer watches you with calm, dangerous eyes as she floats gently in the air with Shanghai by her side. How long has she been there? You didn't see her before you went to close your eyes, has she been waiting for a moment like this? Is this just random chance, or has she been following in your shadow since yesterday ready to seize the first chance she got? All you know is that just by looking at her you can tell she hasn't rested since you got away, like Marisa she looks tired and drawn, but has a triumphant look upon her face. Elegantly and without a sound she draws a little closer to you and whispers.

"That was a neat trick you pulled on Marisa back there, you're quite good at improvisation aren't you?"
"Alice!"

You hiss, unsure why you're keeping your voice as low as hers. Beyond your cover Marisa waits for you to come out, but right now Alice has you cornered like a snake bears down on a mouse. Eyes like steel and that smile frozen on her face.

"How did you-" You begin, but she answers you before you even ask.
"Pure luck, If Marisa hadn't been making such a racket I doubt I would've been able to find you like this. Although it's a good thing I did."
Her smile widens slightly, but those eyes never lose that look of calm control, like she's in total command of the situation. Words like honey pour from her mouth, sweet and cloying.
"Marisa is nothing if not a liar, do you really think you can trust her? She is a terrible sneak I'm sure you know, I'll wager that if you go to her now she's just going to punish you for rejecting her like that.
"I didn't reject her! You kidnapped me!"
"That doesn't matter, she thinks that you rejected her and Marisa's pride is a terrible thing when wounded. If you don't mind her giving you a beating for something you couldn't help I won't stop you, but if you want to leave her for now and find her in a better mood later, why not come with me? Just for now of course, but I can keep an eye on you this way.""

Lightly she drifts away, extending one hand to you offering to take you away for now, though where she didn't say. Shanghai wanders down to you from her master's shoulder to pluck at your shirt, her tiny hands tugging at you to get up. It's impossible to stop yourself from staring at Alice almost incredulously, even after all she's done she still has the nerve to try and steal you away like this, yet you find yourself considering her offer. If she's right, if Marisa is just setting you up, then maybe you would be better off with Alice for now.

"Quickly now, she'll start looking for you in a moment."
A note of haste creeps into Alice's voice as her eyes flicker for one brief moment towards Marisa, but you're not watching Alice anymore. Something past her has caught your attention, something that almost makes you want to laugh with the obscenity of it all. It seems some cosmic force wanted to deal you the full house today, honestly you'd be staggered if you were standing up.

Following the trail you beat through the forest, face full of worry and framed with a frown, oblivious for now to your and Alice's presence before her comes Wriggle Nightbug most likely looking for you.


It's almost like some kind of cruel cosmic joke, you're caught between a rock, a hard place and another rock falling towards you from space it seems.

--------

[ ] Take Alice up on her offer, depart before either Wriggle or Marisa see you hopefully

[ ] Call out for Wriggle, she's got to be able to get you out of here

[ ] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that

[ ] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

[ ] This is bad, really bad. If you're seen going off with one the other two will misunderstand and do something rash, now is not the time for them to meet. Run for it and pray this doesn't make things worse.


=======


Gee it sure it deus ex machinaplot twist in here!

Well I wanted things to get moving story wise, this is one of two fairly big choices you're going to be making during this day and they required all three to be present. So I've tugged the strings a bit, but we're on our way to an ending now even if you can't see it from here.

(to be perfectly honest, I can't wait for FLA to be over so I can work on something better.)
>> No. 10387
File 12285353779.jpg - (120.47KB , 500x608 , 87f0dfc203ddc0f0f6fa3e1f1654886c.jpg ) [iqdb]
10387
[!/] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

>(to be perfectly honest, I can't wait for FLA to be over so I can work on something better.)

Best be joking nigger.
>> No. 10388
[X] Call out for Wriggle, she's got to be able to get you out of here

Here comes the votespam.
>> No. 10389
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

It either solves the problem or gets us killed. If the latter happens, we let out a curse and then let the huge arguement over who we go with commence.
>> No. 10390
[ ] Take Alice up on her offer, depart before either Wriggle or Marisa see you hopefully
>> No. 10392
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
>> No. 10393
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

I don't give a shit about anything negative that might happen. I just want to settle things the straightforward way, without any bullshit.
>> No. 10394
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
>> No. 10396
[X] Call out for Wriggle, she's got to be able to get you out of here.
[X] If Alice tries to do anything to stop your bug princess, lash out and try to stall her long enough for Wriggle to reach you.

Tasukette Wriggle!

Apart from being my personal target, she's actually the only one I really trust right now. No matter how cool Marisa can be, she is self-centered enough to not be too concerned about us right now, and has killed us in the past for very foolish things. I don't think I need to say anything about how psychotic Alice is.

Wriggle, on the other hand, has a pure and innocent crush on us, and has showed great concern for us already, risking her life to save us once previously. If there's anyone here who has proven to be someone reliable, it's her.
>> No. 10397
Alice will probably kick Wriggle's ass, though. Remember all the help she needed? Alright so she's hardly my fave, but I dunno if we want to put her through that, even the people who prefer her.

[x] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that
>> No. 10399
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
>> No. 10400
[ ] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that
>> No. 10401
[x] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that.

Wriggle won't be of much use except as a decoy, Alice can go suck a dick in hell with her little plan, she'll also likely toss all the blame on Wriggle, and running away won't solve anything.
>> No. 10402
>we're on our way to an ending now
>I can't wait for FLA to be over
So, uh. That whole plan with the 2 days for each girl, and then following one of their routes, the actual route part is being cut short? Or...what?
>> No. 10403
>But come face to face, with Alice.

I do not have enough FFFFFFFFFFFF to express my consternation at this development.

[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
[x] This is an intervention; if anyone starts fighting or threatens to leave in a huff, alert them that the alternative to discussing this here is discussing it later, in the presence of the Hakurei shrine maiden.

If Alice set those dolls back up, then it won't stop with just her attempting to cover up for it. You have to end this now. You also need to make sure she won't do it again (and with her lack of restraint it seems possible, even likely she will), but this more a complex matter pf solving her deeper issues of depression and loneliness.
>> No. 10404
>(to be perfectly honest, I can't wait for FLA to be over so I can work on something better.)

I am feeling so trolled right now.
>> No. 10405
[X] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

>(to be perfectly honest, I can't wait for FLA to be over so I can work on something better.)

OH U
>> No. 10406
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
We can't just forget about Wriggle, and we definitely can't abandon Marisa after that. This is the only option. Maybe we should yell something?

>>10396
Your ridiculous bias is showing. Wriggle literally killed us, remember?
>> No. 10407
[ ] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that

The lack of votes this is getting is showing that going through time with each girl in this way is a kind of ineffective way to write. With how ADD anonymous is, they've evidently forgotten how much they wanted Marisa back when they were spending time with her.

[X] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

It's not the Marisa option but it's better than the rest. I'm hoping this one's going to result in Marisa finding out about how Alice kidnapped us.
>> No. 10408
[✓] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that
>> No. 10410
>>10407
>The lack of votes this is getting is showing that going through time with each girl in this way is a kind of ineffective way to write.

So you're saying that because his characters are so likable that Anon cannot choose one over the other, that his writing is ineffective? Yeah, no.
>> No. 10412
>>10406
>Your ridiculous bias is showing. Wriggle literally killed us, remember?

So did Marisa, and over a lot less.

You'll remember that right before Wriggle killed us we callously disregarded her feelings and taunted her about them, making a mockery of an emotional issue that was rather important to her.
>> No. 10413
>>10410

No, I'm saying that going through time with one girl with little or no interaction with another, and then doing the same with the next, and then doing the same with the next is an ineffective way to write. By now we've gone so long without Marisa that anonymous has pretty much forgotten about her. It's out of sight, out of mind but amplified.
>> No. 10414
[x] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that

Pissing into the current, etc.
>> No. 10415
[x] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that

Oh whatever. Changing vote.
>> No. 10416
>>10413

Your memory is bad and this somehow makes Scorn a bad writer? Anyway you're wrong: It's been what, three days in game, and David has slept in Marisa's house for one of them (collapsing after a drunken bender), after having met Wriggle first. Fuck, Anon's first love in the first days was Shanghai, back before Alice went yandere. Then at the village I remember at one point we were into fucking Reimu so much the we were clamoring for a route; the same happened much later with Mystia and then Komachi.
>> No. 10417
On another note:

Seeing as how this is supposedly a rather pivotal choice in the story, might I suggest that you have HY or another mod confirm the votes for you, Scorn? This is one of those particular circumstances where I'm certain that most of us would appreciate not being railroaded by any one overzealous individual.
>> No. 10418
File 122854709927.jpg - (20.38KB , 411x405 , 1220279879879.jpg ) [iqdb]
10418
>>10416
I give up. You're completely missing my point here.
>> No. 10419
[X] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
[X] Hat Trick.

Harem route.
>> No. 10420
>>10416

You can stop white knighting for Scorn, Anonymaster isn't insinuating that his writing is bad, rather that there is an inherent flaw in the way things have progressed. We vote based on what has happened recently rather than based on total experience within the story.

For example, our time with Marisa was pretty much nothing but pleasant, and when we got taken home'd by Alice, the only thing anyone wanted to do was go back to Marisa (mostly). Suddenly Wriggle came along again and Marisa is all but forgotten. The last time we even directly interacted with Marisa in the main storyline was quite a few months ago(?), in terms of real time.
>> No. 10421
>>10417

I second this.
>> No. 10422
>>10417
Yeah, I agree as well.
>> No. 10424
>(to be perfectly honest, I can't wait for FLA to be over so I can work on something better.)
What.

[X] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
Vote changan gaems.
>> No. 10425
>>10420
>We vote based on what has happened recently rather than based on total experience within the story.
slowpoke.jpg
>> No. 10426
[ ] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

>Well I wanted things to get moving story wise, this is one of two fairly big choices you're going to be making during this day and they required all three to be present.

>>10420
>Suddenly Wriggle came along again and Marisa is all but forgotten.

Well, have you considered the possibility anon wants Wrrigle more than Marisa? Remember what scorn said on one of the oledst threads? He did Wriggle route due to popular demand.
>> No. 10428
>>10402

More like because FLA has never had an over all plot to follow, other than girl gettin' gaems, the actual routes themselves won't be very long. Simply because I'm kind of running low on ideas on how to string this all together effectively, that's why we've got this huge confrontation right now. While I have plot hooks for routes, they won't be able to last for a particularly long time.

>>10407

I realized this long ago man, for one thing it prevented me from getting a chance to write more Marisa and Alice dialog which was great fun to do.


Updates probably won't happen tonight, I'm going out drinking because I've not had a night out in a while. Back to normal Sunday no doubt.
>> No. 10429
>Silva of Angustus Adventum

That's what it's called?!

[X] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that.
>> No. 10431
[x] Shoot Alice in the chest at point blank range.
>> No. 10432
[x]Strip
[x]Do something awesome
>> No. 10433
>>10432
Holy shit, this!

What better way to disarm your female enemies than to strip naked?
>> No. 10434
[X] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that.

Go back to Marisa anonoymous. She's the best. Or on her way to it.
>> No. 10435
>>10407
I'm still after Marisa, have been the entire time, but I don't want to just abandon Wriggle when she's worried about us. We need to get this shit sorted out first.

That being said, if/when this restarts I'm aiming for Komachi, I don't care how impossible it is.
>> No. 10436
I swear to god if you motherfuckers make Wriggle cry...
>> No. 10437
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

And if all else fails...
[x] Call out for Wriggle, she's got to be able to get you out of here

>>10407
You got a point about anon being ADD. But with the recent events I simply feel that more possibilities are available to us. While we were living with Marisa and getting used to Gensokyo, none of us really had any idea of how other routes would fan out. Hence now that I actually have choices, I choose Wriggle even after considering our past experiences.
>> No. 10438
[X] Call out for Wriggle, she's got to be able to get you out of here.

More Wriggle means more Rumia, and I happen to like the little monster.
>> No. 10439
[x] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that.

> More like because FLA has never had an over all plot to follow, other than girl gettin' gaems, the actual routes themselves won't be very long. Simply because I'm kind of running low on ideas on how to string this all together effectively, that's why we've got this huge confrontation right now. While I have plot hooks for routes, they won't be able to last for a particularly long time.
I don't need plot, as long as I can have Marisa.
>> No. 10441
>>10439
Same. I'm still after Marisa. Alice was alright, but I never liked Wriggle.
>> No. 10443
Alright, changing vote. Leaving the post there though because my point stands.

[X] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that.
>> No. 10444
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
>> No. 10445
[X] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that
>> No. 10446
>>10396

Vote change, I guess, since things be looking grim. Leaving the post up mostly for my other comments in it.

[X] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

I still don't trust Marisa or Alice, but Wriggle ain't going to win this, no matter how much I love her, or how much I trust her over those two at this point.
>> No. 10447
[X] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that

STAY ON TARGET! Or else we get normal end...
>> No. 10448
>>10447

I don't know what target you're talking about, but going for Marisa is the normal end in my mind. And personally I prefer not to have a normal ending like that.
>> No. 10449
[X] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that
>> No. 10450
>>10447

If you expect anything other than an ordinary end from the ordinary witch...
>> No. 10454
[x] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
>> No. 10455
I think it's pretty funny how we just compared Wriggle to Marisa, but now we're leaving her out to dry.
>> No. 10456
[X] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.
>> No. 10457
[ ] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you.

I really, really want Wriggle.
But I also acknowledge that all three of these bitches need to get their shit together, and Alice needs to be exposed.
And probably loved.
But not by Davey.

What the hell, let's have a Yuka incest route.
>> No. 10458
>>10447

Wriggle is the target.
>> No. 10459
My internet connection has a bad case of the gay tonight and seems to be intent on cutting me off every five minutes, besides which I do technically have to write an evaluation for tomorrow which I've so far been ignoring.

So you'll be lucky if you get updates tonight.
>> No. 10460
>>10459

Can you at least call the votes before this (further) degenerates into multi-voting?
>> No. 10461
>>10460
Just get a mod to check votes, I'm sure HY would check this thread if asked. It was suggested already and I think it's a very good idea.
>> No. 10468
[X] Leave cover and head towards Marisa, better the devil you know and all that
>> No. 10469
>>10459

I dunno about other anons, but today's been my lucky day.
>> No. 10479
>>10469

Ehh, maybe the end wasn't all that lucky.
>> No. 10486
>>10484

LOL. Salty internet veterans ruin yet another vote.
>> No. 10489
>>10484

I will say that I originally voted for "[ ] This is the perfect time for them to meet each other! Stay where you are and gather them to you." but then later changed my mind in favor of Marisa. The problem is that my router resets after not being in use for over an hour, preventing me from deleting my previous post, so I voted for Marisa twice in order for it to count as one.
>> No. 10490
[X] Strip naked.
[X] Shout, "Ladies, ladies, please! No need for all this fussing and fighting! There's plenty of me to go around!"

The end is in sight... I can almost taste it...
(Fuck, where's my bison.gif when I need it?)
>> No. 10492
>>10489

Though I guess it doesn't matter, since the other option won anyways.
>> No. 10517
updates?
>> No. 10525
>>10517
There are none ;_;
>> No. 10526
File 122894680138.png - (304.54KB , 366x389 , 1226087932014.png ) [iqdb]
10526
Ugh, enough of the running and the hiding. All the madness that's happened in the last two days had been a direct result of a lot of misunderstandings, if everyone just knew what was going on maybe you wouldn't be running for your life every five minutes or pissing everyone off by accident.

None of this is your fault, if anything the blame lies with Alice but honestly you don't begrudge her for anything even after what happened, you've said your piece with her. If you intend to help her running off in secret with her will just make things worse, better that you get everything out into the open right now, at least this way she'll have a harder time keeping you all to herself.

Wearily you shake your head, not to Alice or anything in particular but rather at the world in general. Maybe none of this is your fault, but you're going to set things right anyway. How could you do any less?

Unfolding yourself from a sitting position you stand up, shrugging off the sense of exhaustion in your mind and prepare yourself for what's to come. With a glance you give Alice a pointed look, she blinks in surprise under the intensity of your gaze but doesn't speak. Ignoring her for now you spot Wriggle again, hovering a few feet of the ground she tacks your path through the disturbed undergrowth, rather resourceful of her really. Filling your lungs and cupping your hands around your mouth, you call out to her.

"Hey!"

Probably best not to use her name quite yet, don't want to confuse Marisa further or tip Alice off to what you're up to. The sound of your voice bounces through the trunks of trees making Wriggle snap her head in your direction with a start, as she spots you Alice whirls round to see what you're doing. Pretending not to notice Wriggle's look of total bemusement at the sight of Alice, you wave to her almost happily and point to your left at the clump of grass, then before she or Alice can react to stumble your plan you step out of sight and towards Marisa.

It feels like you're floating, like your skating on the surface of a bubble that could burst any second, but the tension is actually quite elating. You're almost giddy was excitement and fear as you wonder what's going to happen next, conflicting emotions rage riot in your mind but for some reason you're calm right now.

You've only got a couple of seconds before Wriggle and Alice get here, the most fleeting of moments when you can be alone with Marisa. Swiftly you run up to her as she stares at you with a lost expression.

"Marisa..."
Softly you speak up, trying not to let your jangling nerves shake your voice. But as hard as you try, you can't help but babble your words out hurriedly through an irrepressible grin.

"Why did you call out just now?"
"Marisa, things are going to get very, very complex in a moment."
"What's going on?"
"I don't have time to explain right now, I just need you to trust me okay?"
"I don't-"
"I know, but I need you to trust me right now. I promise you'll get answers soon."

She hesitates, who could blame her? Of all the people involved Marisa is the most in the dark, you're asking quite a lot out of her right now but you're blessedly rewarded with a soft smile and perhaps a hint of mist in her eyes.

"Alright, I'll trust you for now." That hint of mist vanishes in an instant, raising her eyebrows she adds.
"If I don't like what I hear I'm still going to break your legs, you know?"
"I'm glad to see you too Marisa, as bad for my health as that might be."

Gently she punches you in the arm for that, possibly proving your point, but you know this happy atmosphere won't last forever. Steeling your mind once more, you turn your eyes to the foliage ready to greet the others as they come. Assuming that Alice and Wriggle aren't already fighting that is.

You're careful to take a few steps away from Marisa into more neutral ground, she goes to follow you but you gesture for her to stay put with a smile, she scowls at you but complies for which your glad. You need to appear as if you're not taking anyone's side if you expect to live through this, if no one goes home with hurt feelings today it's going to be nothing short of a miracle.

(there is no image suitable for this post, so let's have SCIENCE! Spider instead.)
>> No. 10527
Wriggle is the first to appear, bursting from the canopy with a cry and one hand filled with light, behind you Marisa tenses up immediately ready to respond to Wriggle's hostility so you've got to act fast. Throwing your self between them with a cry of.

"Don't shoot! For the love of god, don't shoot!"

Perhaps a little over dramatic, but it gets the job done as the two of them falter and lose their aggression to bewilderment. Dropping to her feet Wriggle takes a cautious stance on your right while Marisa glares at her from your left, spreading your arms wide you look from one to the other and hold your palms open to them.

"Hi Wriggle! Sorry for ditching you back there, but I'm fine now. So no one do anything crazy, okay?"
"What's she doing here!"
Wriggle protests angrily.
"What do you mean, "Sorry for ditching you!"
Marisa demands furiously.

Oh boy....

"Well, I could explain right now but we're not all here yet."
"I'm getting really sick of not knowing what's going on David!"
Marisa warns you, grinding her teeth slightly while staring daggers at Wriggle, who to her credit stands steadfast if a little intimidated.

"One person hasn't revealed herself yet," You explain gently, with the most soothing tone you can muster. Taking a deep breath once more you yell into the forest.
"Alice! You can come out now!"

A long moment of silence falls heavily after you say that, leaving all three of you glancing from one another and to the empty trees, you see Marisa form the words "Alice" quietly on her lips but the doll maker doesn't make her appearance.

Seconds drag by with agonising length, feeling the pressure on either side of you mounting as Wriggle and Marisa become annoyed with you for stalling to no apparent reason.

When finally, Alice slips out into the open cautiously you were about to give up hope and assume she had fled. Her expression is unreadable but she seems to be making herself seem very small, with her hands clasping her dress nervously in front of her.

Is she worried you might expose her? Or is this just an act to cast doubt on your words.

"Why is she here!"

In unison Wriggle and Marisa cry out with frustration at the sight of her, now uncertain as to if they should be pointing their attacks to each other, the new comer or you. Alice hangs back timidly, but raises her own hand in reflex.

"Every body stay cool! I really don't want to see a fight break out. Now,"
You smile pleadingly at them, your shoulders are really killing you holding this position!
"Are you guys going to calm down or am I going to have to stand like Rumia for much longer"

The joke might fall onto deaf ears, but they do back down a little each one of them, resting hands by their sides but not letting them fully relax. Gladly lowering your own arms into a more comfortable position you move to be more in the middle of them, closing the gap with Alice slightly.

This going to be a long day, the sun is already on it's way to setting so you really hope they don't keep you outside much longer. Another night out in the open forest doesn't appeal to you right now, you don't really care where you end up as long as you can rest. Maybe shacking up with Rinnosuke or even Reimu might be an idea, just for tonight at least.

"What's going on!"
"Yeah! And for that matter, why is she asking?"
"Ahahaha, good question."
It's hard not to laugh in a bitter kind of way, what is going on? Don't ask me, I've got amnesia!

"David, I-"

Alice can't finish, the words catch in her throat but you can see what she was going to say shining in her eyes. That mixture of fear and doubt, asking you not to tell them the truth, to not reveal the terrible thing she did.


Why should you protect her? She deserves anything she gets for what she has done, if she wasn't prepared to deal with the consequences of her actions then she wouldn't of done it in the first place. Hell it might even feel good to condemn her like this, once Marisa finds out Alice will have her name dragged through the mud and lose her best friend.

Yes, the girl who kidnapped you out of desperate loneliness will lose everyone who is close to her, surely that's poetic justice?

But what is just and what is right, are two different things. Can you really do that to her? After the things you said, the high ideals of helping her get better that you announced, can you go back on your word? Does she deserve your compassion?

Should I give Alice, a second chance?

============================

[ ] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.

[ ] Tell the truth but omit certain parts (choose which details to cover up), make sure Wriggle doesn't expose this

[ ] Tell a total lie, free either of them from any blame and take it all yourself.

and

[ ] Reduce Wriggle's part in all this, no one should blame her for anything.

[ ] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.

also

[ ] If it looks like they're going to fight, let them do so. There's no much you can do to stop them

[ ] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10528
>>10527

martyr end go!

[ ] Tell a total lie, free either of them from any blame and take it all yourself.

[ ] Reduce Wriggle's part in all this, no one should blame her for anything.

[ ] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10530
>Can you really do that to her?
Yes.
>Does she deserve your compassion?
No.
>Should I give Alice, a second chance?
No.

[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.

[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.

[X] If it looks like they're going to fight, let them do so. There's no much you can do to stop them

We're going to give them the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
>> No. 10532
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.

No lies. Not at this juncture.

We've got to sort everything out, and that means avoiding making everything more complicated by stacking lies on top of it all. Besides, it's not right to lie to any of the ladies about important things like this.

I still feel some compassion for Alice, but part of helping her is going to have to be her earning atonement; if she yearns for acceptance that badly, we're going to have to show everyone her true state before they can really accept her.
>> No. 10534
[ ] Tell a total lie, free either of them from any blame and take it all yourself.
[ ] Reduce Wriggle's part in all this, no one should blame her for anything.
[ ] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10535
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10536
[x] Tell the truth but omit certain parts (choose which details to cover up), make sure Wriggle doesn't expose this
Omit the voodoo part.
[x] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[x] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10537
[X] Tell the truth but omit certain parts, make sure Wriggle doesn't expose this.
- leave out the part about the dolls
- remember we willingly went with Alice to begin with
[X] Reduce Wriggle's part in all this, no one should blame her for anything.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10538
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10539
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.

The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
>> No. 10540
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.

Honesty is the best policy.
>> No. 10542
[ ] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[ ] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[ ] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.

This is necessary for Alice to get better. She was and still is caught under her own enchantments, and like a junkie going through withdrawal, she will lie and beg in order to keep doing what she's been doing. What she needs from her friends is a show of unconditional support and a watchful eye to make sure she doesn't go right back to sticking pins in dolls. If you can get her to see reason, I'd suggest having her move into someone else's house for a few days until you can be sure it's out of her system.
>> No. 10544
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.

This is the point of max conflict. Things need to be set out in the open. The die is cast, now we witness the results.
>> No. 10549
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.

I don't see why Wriggle's involvement is a bad thing. She basically saved us and provided us with shelter.
>> No. 10550
[x] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[x] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[x] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10552
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
>> No. 10558
>>10549
>She basically saved us and provided us with shelter.
I think the romantic part is the potential danger. Even Marisa might get upset, since she definitely likes us, even if she doesn't realize it. And then there's alice...
But if we don't mention it? Couldn't that upset wriggle?
>> No. 10564
[X] "How about a game? A game...of strip poker!"
>> No. 10565
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.

[x] Explain that this is an intervention for Alice and that you are worried about her.


Marisa and Wriggle have friends. Alice doesn't. I think her loneliness is driving her mad, and we all can see it. We care about Alice, but can't let her problem go unchecked anymore if we are to have a future together.
>> No. 10566
[x] Explain that this is an intervention for Alice and that you are worried about her.

Whatever happens, this must be in there.
>> No. 10567
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
[X] Explain that this is an intervention for Alice and that you are worried about her.

Doc does it again.
>> No. 10569
[x] "Alice you're a creepy bitch that tried to use mind-juju on me. Marisa, you're a frightening and abusive woman. Wriggle... I wouldn't have any complaints, but that eating-people thing... it's gotta stop, honey."
[x] "Marisa: Alice used to love you before I came along. Did you ever even NOTICE? Alice: You can't make someone love you by force. That's not too much better than rape. Try it again and I'm going to have Reimu on your ass. Wriggle: Umm..."
[x] "...Wanna get us the hell out of here?"
>> No. 10571
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
[X] Explain that this is an intervention for Alice and that you are worried about her.
>> No. 10573
[X] Tell the entire truth, Alice will have to weather this.
[X] Tell the whole truth about Wriggle's involvement too.
[X] Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off.
[X] Explain that this is an intervention for Alice and that you are worried about her.
>> No. 10574
Amending this because it follows my sentiments, and the way the last two paragraphs of the update is worded makes me anxious:

[x] Explain that this is an intervention for Alice and that you are worried about her.
>> No. 10575
>>10574
This.
[x] Explain that this is an intervention for Alice and that you are worried about her.
>> No. 10577
Oooh man, David spills the beans by an overwhelming majority.

Called it just so you know.
>> No. 10578
>>10577

hooray!
>> No. 10580
File 122905049542.gif - (58.40KB , 738x460 , 1213731220324.gif ) [iqdb]
10580
Gravely you turn to Alice.

"This is for the best Alice."

Her entire body tenses up the second those words leave your mouth, eyes wide with worry she freezes, by the look in her eye she'd do anything right now to stop you. But with Marisa and Wriggle at hand she can't risk it, she can't even run away without damning herself further, forcing her to stand as silent and still as one of her dolls.

Sadly, Shanghai sits upon her master's shoulder and lays her head gently upon Alice's neck in a comforting manner, but you doubt the tiny gesture goes noticed by anyone but yourself.

So, with a heavy heart and grim determination, you begin to recount the events of the last two days with no detailed spared for all to hear. You tell no lie, speaking nothing but the absolute and unaltered truth whether it be for the good or ill of those involved. Even the most unpleasant and secret moments are dragged into the light of day, exposing them with a heavy finality.

Your audience remains silent for most of your story, at first Marisa would try to interject or demand an answer, but as little by little the truth was uncovered a deep silence fell upon her as she sent dark looks in every direction. Wriggle for her part kept her peace for all of it, having heard most of what had transpired before she had little to add of her own.

But Alice, Alice did not utter a word.

You'd swear that during the whole time you were talking, that not once did her visage falter or change, never did as so much as a muscle twitch or move. She simply stood stock still, devoid of life or movement, with a shocked and hurt look captured upon her face. As the light grew dim and your tale drew to a close, the scant light made her pale skin glow as if made from fine porcelain and her eyes shimmer like two blue buttons of glass.

"That, would be the whole truth."

Wearily, oh so wearily, you end your speech and fall quiet yourself to allow them a moment to think. The deep shadows of the forest have begun to loom upon you as the sun settles upon the lip of the horizon, finally ready to take it's last bow for the day.

The air....feels thick, swamped by swirling emotions of an oppressive nature you're aware that it's gotten harder to breathe for some reason. But worse still is the silence, the deafening quiet that screams in your ears as Marisa glowers with smoldering rage at the fragile, unseeing Alice and Wriggle narrows her eyes in disgust at the other two.

The crushing emptiness of the moment sears your mind, desperately you wish that something, anything, would dispel this unbearable tension!

"Alice!"

With a hiss Marisa lunges forward, the light of murder ablaze in her eyes as she whips past you like a black arrow. This is bad, you don't want this! You take it back, let that moment be without an end, let it stretch into forever and drive you mad with it's pressure. Anything would be better than the chilling sight of Marisa's spiteful visage right now.

You want to move, want to stop her before it's too late, but the silence before left you staggered for her sudden action. The action is too swift for you to even see, a thunderous crack rings your ears before you even truly see what happens before you.

Marisa, stands panting with anger, one hand stretched out before her inches away from Alice's face. An angry red mark blooms on the dollmaker's pale skin, a tiny glimmer of a tear wells up in the corner of one of those wide, glassy eyes as she twists involuntarily at the blow.

But something in her has already broken, the body seems to be little more than a shell empty of any thought that you can see. Like a marionette with the strings cut, she almost dangles lifelessly gazing but not seeing at Marisa.

With a haughty toss of her head Marisa turns her back on Alice, who stares aimlessly into the space where she once stood. Spotting Wriggle, she glares a dangerous glare once more, the young insect Youkai however stands her ground firmly returning the look with one of her own.

"You can go now."

Marisa's words, pointed and dismissive, drip with an unspoken threat about what might happen if they aren't listened to.

"Marisa I-"
"I'm staying, you can't make me go!"

With fierce words Wriggle cuts you off, bunching her hands into fist and stepping closer to Marisa, it seems at some point during all this they moved in such a way so that you were no longer stood in between them.

"I appreciate you getting David away from her," Marisa spits the word, as if the name Alice were unpleasant to say.
"So I won't incinerate you where you stand, now beat it."
"You beat it! I don't know why you're here, you don't seem to like David very much!"

Caught off guard by Wriggle's words Marisa's stance falters for a moment, then reddens with anger.
>> No. 10581
File 122905052473.jpg - (8.49KB , 300x261 , alice2.jpg ) [iqdb]
10581
"This has nothing to do with me!"
"Then why are you even here? I.....I LIKE David!"
With a trembling cry Wriggle clutches one hand to her chest and declares her feelings towards you, not entirely unwelcome but you wonder if she might of been able to choose a better time than now.
"That's why I'm here, I refuse to back down even if you are a lot stronger than me! Why are you here?"
"I....I!"

It's amazing, but Wriggle's words have put Marisa onto her back foot making her retreat ever so slightly, leaving Marisa stammering without an answer.

"Yes, Marisa, what IS David to you?"

A sweet but insidious voice sends you blinking in surprise, slowly pulling herself back upright with unnatural movements Alice gives Marisa a blank smile. But there's something about how she moves, the way that each movement seems isolated from every other, that unnerves you to look at her.

"H-he's a friend!"

Somehow, the tables have been turned on Marisa in the blink of an eye and now she who was in command of the situation is on the defensive, dumbstruck you're left unable to act as the three begin to match up to one another.

"A friend? Is that all?"
With an artificial laugh Alice staggers a halting step forward, sending Marisa back one step as she fiddles in the pocket of that apron thing she wears for something.

"The insect likes him, I on the other hand love him."

With an elegant hand gesture Alice spreads the fingers of her right hand sending shining lines spreading forth from her fingers, in response a host of dolls appear at her side ready to engage. Eyes flitting from her to Wriggle you see the younger Youkai surrounded by a nimbus of eerie light, points of illumination dart like tiny shooting stars around her as she too stands ready to fight.

"Really, just friends? You won't win here if that's all it is...."
In the face of Alice's sneer Marisa grasps at something finally within the pocket of her apron, with a ruthless grin she tosses something up then snatches it out of the air holding it tightly in on hand. Octagonal and inscribed with esoteric patterns and symbols, she points it from one target to the other.

"Love? I'll show you what love is all about!"

--------------------

[ ] This is crazy! There's no way you could stop them, you're getting out of here!

[ ] You've got to act, got to say something, you mustn't let them fight! But what do you say? (write in a plea for sanity)

[ ] Dive in the middle of them once more, they wouldn't shoot you right? Or at least, not on purpose.....

[ ] Let them fight, maybe this way things can be settled once and for all.

[ ] Tackle (who?) to the ground and insist they don't fight, pray they don't misunderstand your actions.

[ ] Magic, there's got to be something you can do here! The only way to stop them now is to bring yourself up to their level, even if just a little bit. But what can you do? What spell, charm or trick could you pull to make them stop? (write in for how to use what little magic you have to stop them)

[ ] (other action done by write in)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, sorry if the whole "Avoid conflict by any means you can, you've come this far to stop them kicking off." Part feels like it got ignored. I kind of got into a groove while writing and didn't want to stop to let David shout "Please stop!" every few lines. Plus, I think things worked out better this way.


Other than that, plea for sanity is going to have to be pretty good. Alice is going to run off with you the moment she wins (if she does), Wriggle probably doesn't have much of a plan in mind other than "get David some where safe" and Maris is pissed that she can't just go home nice and quietly with him without all these awkward questions flying around. A convincing plea would be something that satisfies each party, Wriggle wants to be sure you're safe, Marisa wants to get you alone for a bit away from all this drama, Alice wants you locked up but you might be able to crack her by seeding her with doubt as you did last time. Make this good if you intend to use it though.

As for the [ ]Magic option:

Limited mana reserves,any action trying to do something I consider too powerful will fail when attempted and I won't tell you it will before I write it. David still isn't even at Rumia's level of magical ability, so don't expect to copy the master spark or something. Work smarter not harder, anything that disrupts them or stops them from otherwise fighting will probably work if it's not too taxing.

Hell you could probably start shooting off crappy Danmaku of your own at them and force them to either fight you or lose, not a GREAT idea but it would at least get their attention again.
>> No. 10582
Man no idea what to do.

Have to use magic somehow to diffuse it. A little goes a long way.

[x] Conjure vines to tickle them.

Probably someone has a better idea of something simple to distract them.
>> No. 10583
Super long response, neatly divided into sections in the event that anyone wants to edit it:

[X] Summon up your rose, and use it as a pointer to help you emphasize your words as you speak.
[X] If, at any point, someone should attempt something untoward, fire a bullet past their head as a warning. It ought to be enough to make them stumble if you're the one who does it.

[X] "That's it! All of you! Ruhe! Stilte! Silenzio! Silence!"

[X] Round on Alice, first.
[X] "You! You love me? Ha! I discussed it with you, I explained it, and you still don't understand the first damn thing about love! You want the truth? As things are, you don't love me, you just love the idea of me, and you're not even coming very damn close to that either! You don't jerk around the people you love like marionettes on strings! You must have spent too much time locked away in that little workshop, because you've forgotten the difference between people and dolls!"
[X] "No offense to Miss Shanghai, mind." Flash the little lady a grin.
[X] "If you have the slightest desire to find out what real love is, or what having friends means, then you'd best quiet down and stand back! Pay some damn attention to the people around you, or you'll never have a damn thing! You'll be just as lonely as you are now; a little girl playing around with mindless, hollow shells of toys, just like always, for all eternity!"

[X] Round on Marisa.
[X] "As for you, dear, you need to calm right the hell down! What did I get through telling you right before this? I'm sick of this! Of trying to keep my friends from hurting me, and from hurting each other! I appreciate, I understand that you were worried for me! For god's sake, I was worried about you! But if there's one thing I don't appreciate, it's your bullheaded insistence on picking these fights! For fuck's sake, look:"
[X] Gesture at Alice.
[X] "Before I came along, weren't you her friend? Didn't you play together, laugh together? Wasn't she the first person you introduced me to, someone that you trusted, wanted to share your find with? Well, damn it, she's hurting right now, worse than you could imagine! She's sick, a wreck, and the last thing she needs right now is to be abandoned! When I disappeared, didn't you feel abandoned, even a little? Do you think that feeling is going to help fix her? You don't abandon friends, Marisa; if you do, then why the hell should I believe you wouldn't abandon me?"
[X] Gesture at Wriggle.
[X] "And let me tell you right now that you're stepping out of line when you berate her! She's helped me immeasurably; hell, it's because of her that you even have the chance to see me again! You don't have the damn right to just order her off as if she doesn't matter! I don't like my friends hurting each other, and I don't like you trying to hurt her!"

[X] Round on Wriggle.
[X] "You... I suppose I don't have any ire to toss at you. You've helped me so much; I have you to thank for saving from Alice, you to thank for keeping me safe this long, you to thank for even the chance to see my good friend Marisa again... yes, I have no harsh words for you. You've put up with me for this long, you've been patient, oh so patient with me... so please,"
[X] Smile at her wearily.
[X] "Please put up with me just a little while longer. I'm a wreck, I'm a mess right now, but I promise I'll find some way to make it up to you, so bear with me."

[X] Adress all three.
[X] "Now look! I'm tired, exhausted, I need to sleep, to rest, to relax! This is all... you're all not making my life any easier right now, and I'm sure I'm not making your lives any easier, but you're not exactly making each other's lives easier either! All of you, just... just stop with these stupid fights!"
[X] "I want... I just want to go home and sleep right now, but I know that won't be good enough for all of you, will it? So, this is what we'll do: I'm going home to relax, rest, get some sleep! I am sorry, Marisa, but for all that worry you've gone through over the past two days, all I can offer you is some quiet company right now."
[X] "I can't trust Alice with herself right now, much more with any of us, but I can't just leave her to her own devices; I'm not abandoning her back to that insanity again. She's coming with, but she's not keeping her hands on any of her damn magical items. The book, the dolls, the strings, Shanghai... I'm confiscating them, right here, right now. She can have them back once I'm not a wreck any more."
[X] "Wriggle's kept me safe for the past two days. She's kept me safe, she's protected me, she's done so much, and I... I really need her with me right now, because this is the worst I've been over that time. She's coming along, no arguments. Wriggle... if anything happens, I can count on her."
[X] "If any of you have a single damn thing to say, say it now, but if you start that fight back up, I swear to god I will save us all the trouble, and I will put the bullet through my head right now."
[X] Start crying.
>> No. 10584
>>10583
Jesus fucking christ.

>[X] "You... I suppose I don't have any ire to toss at you.
Simply to be fair we should find [i]some[/fault] in Wriggle. Maybe her human eating. Maybe her stupid friend Rumia.

>[X] "I can't trust Alice with herself right now, much more with any of us, but I can't just leave her to her own devices; I'm not abandoning her back to that insanity again. She's coming with, but she's not keeping her hands on any of her damn magical items. The book, the dolls, the strings, Shanghai... I'm confiscating them, right here, right now. She can have them back once I'm not a wreck any more."
I just don't think that'll work, but something like it does need to be done. I'd prefer just locking her up for a night.

[X] "If any of you have a single damn thing to say, say it now, but if you start that fight back up, I swear to god I will save us all the trouble, and I will put the bullet through my head right now."
Danmaku is non-lethal...
Additionally, I just don't like the idea of threatening to kill ourselves. Jumping in front of a figurative speeding truck is fine, but holding yourself hostage isn't.

[X] Start crying.
No. It's just pathetic.

Most of that is good though. Albeit fucking long.
>> No. 10586
File 122905793256.gif - (4.71KB , 412x253 , 1222239377600.gif ) [iqdb]
10586
>>10583
>> No. 10587
[x] Magic
- [x] Send a message to Reimu to arrive quickly to break up the fighting
[x] Stall them.

Tasukette Reimu. (from when we first met her:
>>"Nice to meet you David, sorry again about the interrogation. I'm responsible for most of what goes on around here, I guess you could think of me as a kind of police woman."

This is considered calling the police to settle a domestic dispute.
>> No. 10588
>>10584
>Simply to be fair we should find some[/fault] in Wriggle. Maybe her human eating. Maybe her stupid friend Rumia.

To be fair, neither of those is particularly relevant with the current development, which is what I was most concerned with. I certainly have biases, but right now she really isn't doing anything to make the situation worse - she just wants to protect us. And Rumia isn't technically a fault of [i]hers
either, so it wouldn't make much sense for criticizing her for that friendship. Her human eating is something best brought up with her later, in private, and we've expressed our distaste for that habit before.

>I just don't think that'll work, but something like it does need to be done. I'd prefer just locking her up for a night.

We can do both, actually. I'm just concerned that she'll get worse if we lock her up all on her own. Right now I'm not sure I want her isolated.

>Additionally, I just don't like the idea of threatening to kill ourselves. Jumping in front of a figurative speeding truck is fine, but holding yourself hostage isn't.

Well, it was hyperbole, but that's a matter of personal taste. It's hardly critical to the rest of the reply anyway. To each his own.
>> No. 10589
>>10583
Write your own damn CYOA! Either cut it down to a more manageable length or it won't be used, I've got to have SOME level of artistic license and control here.

Also, while I'm at it. The sentiment is right but the tone is out of character for David, or at least that's how I feel.

Finally, Alice ain't going to give up the grimior or anything like it without a fight.
>> No. 10592
>>10583
...

[X] Conjure vines to tickle them.
>> No. 10593
>>10589
>Write your own damn CYOA!

I really should be, I know.

Putting that to one side, however...

Sorry, but I'm a little long-winded at times. It's not exactly a definite thing either, so though I can't think of a way to cut it down just right now, I hope someone else can; or you can even change it around yourself. It's just a rant of sorts, after all, so it can be bent and twisted in all sorts of ways while retaining the same meaning.

I guess I'll try to distill it down to something else, then.
>> No. 10595
>>10588
My point was that it'd just make Wriggle seem like little miss perfect.

>We can do both, actually.
I meant "not work" as in
>Finally, Alice ain't going to give up the grimior or anything like it without a fight.
>> No. 10597
[X]Strip
[X]Do something awesome
>> No. 10598
Is this a little better then, Scorn? I feel like the lashing out against Alice lacks force here though; I think we really need to tear her down before we can fix her, or even distract her.

[X] Summon up your rose.
[X] If, at any point someone should attempt something untoward, fire a bullet past their head as a warning. It ought to be enough to make them stumble if you're the one who does it.

[X] Shout something to draw their attention.

[X] Address Alice first.
[X] "This ends here Alice. I tried to explain it to you before, but you just don't listen! If you really loved me, you wouldn't be trying so hard to take me away! Put some thought into it; if all you ever try to do is manipulate my feelings with magic, then you're just playing with another doll! You won't have me, you'll have an empty puppet, and you'll be just as alone as you ever were."

[X] Address Marisa.
[X] "Look, I know you've been worried about me, but you need to stop this. I already said I'm tired of seeing my friends hurt me; I'm also tired of seeing friends hurting friends. Hasn't Alice been your friend for longer than I've even known you? She needs help right now, and if you're willing to abandon a friend like her, how do I know you won't abandon me? I don't want you treating Wriggle that badly either; it's thanks to her that we even have the chance to see each other right now."

[X] Address Wriggle.
[X] "Speaking of which, I've got a lot to thank you for Wriggle. I know I'm causing you a lot of trouble, and I know it might be frustrating, but bear with me for a little while longer. I promise I'll make this up to you somehow."

[X] Address all three.
[X] You're tired, so here's the proposal: you go home for the first time in two days and finally just relax after this chaos. Alice can come along, but she has to agree not to use her magic, and to let someone watch her; you still don't trust her right now. If she will, Wriggle can come along as your guardian of sorts; it would be reassuring to know that you have someone so dedicated to your safety around.
>> No. 10599
>>10584
>Additionally, I just don't like the idea of threatening to kill ourselves. Jumping in front of a figurative speeding truck is fine, but holding yourself hostage isn't.
Why not? It worked in Blazing Saddles.

>>10598
[X] Summon up your rose.
[X] If, at any point someone should attempt something untoward, fire a bullet past their head as a warning. It ought to be enough to make them stumble if you're the one who does it.

[X] Shout something to draw their attention.
[X] In all you say and do, be gentle if you can, but be forceful if you must.

[X] Make one last attempt to talk reason into Alice; if she loves you, she shouldn't be trying to play you like a marionette.

[X] Tell Marisa you appreciate that she was worried about you, but she has to learn some self-control. Remind her how friendly she was with Alice before you showed up. Is gaining one friend really worth losing another?

[X] Thank Wriggle for her help and understanding, and apologize for all the grief and confusion you've caused her.

[X] Extend this last sentiment to all assembled.
Beg them to put up with you for just a little while longer.
[X] Suggest they all take you to some common, preferably neutral location, and wait there, together, overnight. The shrine, maybe.
[X] Anemia option: pass the fuck out.

Even further distilled and slightly altered. Still a little long, Scorn, sorry about that, but shit, man, this situation, it's just about gotta be long. Should be plenty of leeway in there for you, though, I think.
>> No. 10600
[X] Summon up your rose.
[X] If, at any point someone should attempt something untoward, fire a bullet past their head as a warning. It ought to be enough to make them stumble if you're the one who does it.

[X] Shout something to draw their attention.
[X] In all you say and do, be gentle if you can, but be forceful if you must.

[X] Make one last attempt to talk reason into Alice; if she loves you, she shouldn't be trying to play you like a marionette.

[X] Tell Marisa you appreciate that she was worried about you, but she has to learn some self-control. Remind her how friendly she was with Alice before you showed up. Is gaining one friend really worth losing another?

[X] Thank Wriggle for her help and understanding, and apologize for all the grief and confusion you've caused her.

[X] Extend this last sentiment to all assembled. Beg them to put up with you for just a little while longer.

The post after this I assume is where we'll be picking a route. Alice will be my choice. Sure, Marisa and Wriggle could be cute with their fear and anxiety, first love and all that but... Bold and yandere alice is bold and yandere, DO FUCKING WANT! The only thing that makes me kinda want to pick Marisa over Alice is hangin with beer spider and introducing him to Wriggle.
>> No. 10601
>>10600
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TYKR0vODqo

the Alice in that video is how i imagine Alice right now, bold!
>> No. 10603
Okay, you tried your best to do this that proper way. Now comes Plan B.

[x] You were delusive to think you could solve this with mere words. Stalk off in whatever direction you think the shrine is; you need someone who can beat some sense into these people.

Wriggle will probably follow. Marisa and Alice will probably fight. That's okay, because when this is over you'll all be drinking tea at the Hakurei shrine anyway.
>> No. 10604
[X] Grab Wriggle and get the hell out of here.

There, the most efficient action. Marisa and Alice cool down and Wriggle gets happy with a safe David.
>> No. 10605
[X] Turn 360 degrees and walk away

I liked that guy's really long post, minus the last bit. But, we just said how tired we were, didn't we? We've done enough work. It's sleep time.
>> No. 10606
[x] "Look at all the people here tonight~"
[x] Run over to Wriggle.
[x] Pretend to punch her in the gut.
[x] Whisper into her ear, "Just play along with it"

[x] Turn to Alice.
[x] "Tell the truth!"
[x] Summon your rose.
[x] Toss it over to her.

[x] Turn to Marisa.
[x] "Just like paradise."
[x] Fire off some danmaku into the air.
[x] Polite bow.

[x] Run off into the forest carrying Wriggle in your arms, leaving the two magicians shocked and confused.
[x] "I'm just crazy from the heat~"
>> No. 10608
[x] Best Wriggle option given at time of vote-counting.
[x] sub-option to hook Marisa and Alice up together.
>> No. 10609
Jesus the choices are getting kind of crazy. I'm withdrawing my original vote and changing it to
>>10606 since it gives a method to just get away for a bit. We're exhausted and its been one drama after another. Before all of this madness we were actually relaxing with Wriggle. No one knows where she lives except us so we have a chance to sort out our thoughts.
As for Marisa and Alice none of them have the right to criticize us for wanting to get away. Alice can get what is coming to her for all I care. This isn't really the right moment to choose a girl due to the tension and our clouded judgment from stress associated with it. Ideally we can come out of hiding after we have made a well thought out choice.

[x] "Look at all the people here tonight~"
[x] Run over to Wriggle.
[x] Pretend to punch her in the gut.
[x] Whisper into her ear, "Just play along with it, I'll make it up to you"

[x] Turn to Alice.
[x] "Tell the truth!"
[x] Summon your rose.
[x] Toss it over to her.

[x] Turn to Marisa.
[x] "Just like paradise."
[x] Fire off some danmaku into the air.
[x] Polite bow.

[x] Run off into the forest carrying Wriggle in your arms, leaving the two magicians shocked and confused.
[x] "I'm just crazy from the heat~"
>> No. 10613
[X] Summon up your rose.
[X] If, at any point someone should attempt something untoward, fire a bullet past their head as a warning. It ought to be enough to make them stumble if you're the one who does it.

[X] Shout something to draw their attention.
[X] In all you say and do, be gentle if you can, but be forceful if you must.

[X] Make one last attempt to talk reason into Alice; if she loves you, she shouldn't be trying to play you like a marionette.

[X] Tell Marisa you appreciate that she was worried about you, but she has to learn some self-control. Remind her how friendly she was with Alice before you showed up. Is gaining one friend really worth losing another?

[X] Thank Wriggle for her help and understanding, and apologize for all the grief and confusion you've caused her.

[X] Extend this last sentiment to all assembled.
Beg them to put up with you for just a little while longer.
[X] Suggest they all take you to some common, preferably neutral location, and wait there, together, overnight. The shrine, maybe.
[X] Anemia option: pass the fuck out.
>> No. 10618
[x]Choose Marisa.
Do it, faggots.
>> No. 10619
Right, at the moment the huge write in is winning. I'm going to write soon but not immediately, so last minute votes should have about 15 to 30 minutes before I call it. Then I'm gonna ask to have a quick check of the votes, although everything seems legit right now, after which it will be called.

Just checking because a few new write ins or additions popped up and so far I'd say everything is with a chance of working and to allow decent representation in order to avoid something like the "ALICE OPTION ONLY" syndrome that crops up in ELA at times.

>>10601

OH god it's the MOKO SPECIAL EDITION all over again!

>>10593

It's fine, really! But a little awkward to use, if you blather on and on with giant write ins that don't allow for other characters to react then the flow gets a bit boring. Write ins should be sharp, to the point and powerful.
>> No. 10620
>>10618

Why would I choose Marisa when Wriggle is clearly superior?
>> No. 10623
Riiiight, nothing changed so we're good to go. Writing.
>> No. 10626
File 122914003814.png - (271.37KB , 958x1350 , 1211833623499.png ) [iqdb]
10626
GOD DAMN IT!

This is too much, you're not going to let this happen so long as you still draw breath! Too long have you been cast aside only to be picked up once more after some pointless and arbitrary battle, this has got to stop now. You're not going to let them tear each other apart like this, they are going to calm down and learn to live with each other! And like it!

Gritting your teeth and hand flying to the rose you spread your legs to brace yourself, if stupid violence is all they understand then you'll have to start talking in their language. There's not a moment to spare, as they stand there sizing one another up it's only take one spark to set this powder keg off.

"WOO! LOOK AT ME! I'M A CRAZY MAGIC SPEWING DANGER WITH A HAIR TRIGGER!"

Insanely you bellow at the and swipe the rose across the air before you violently, projecting all that anger into your movement you feel the surge of energy travel up your arm, crackling and searing your nerves. A bloom of glowing pink rose petals bursts into a trail from the rose with every swish, gaudy and neon they flutter from you in a small puff with a sound like a bubble wrap being stomped on.

Reflex sends the girls scattering into the sky at the sound, your tiny gust of danmaku slipping harmlessly through empty space where they once stood. Each goes to ready her attack, yet stays her hand while casting about to find who shot first.

Spurred on, repeatedly you slash the air with your mind and body scattering the scintilating blooms swirling towards the girls with a tiny chorus of bangs and pops. Honestly compared to them your actions are pathetic, loose billowing clouds of tiny bullet petals that shimmer into nothingness sometimes before even drawing close to a target.

What's more is it's fun! It feels good as your cut and stab the air, each motion lighting up the shadow. You're not even aiming for anyone in particular, not that you could hit them as they dance about nimbly, but rather at their general direction to split them up. Yet you're actually enjoying this, just for this moment all that magic and damaku stuff makes perfect sense to you, with incredible clarity you can see the ebb and flow of the world around you. You're a tiny pillar of light in a world of colours, drawing on all your will to shine ever brighter.

Uhh, better not over do this. Halting your assault with a modicum of self consciousness, the final spread of bullets winks out of sight without a trace. Drawing deep, ragged breaths from the exertion you make an attempt to straighten yourself out and try talking them over.

"What the hell was that?"
An indignant protest emerges from Marisa, the first of the three to snap out of confusion, clutching the handle of her broom with a shocked expression. Wriggle and Alice gap at you in surprise as well, apparently too stunned by your out burst to speak.

Yet you've unbalanced them, forgetting each other in the face of your puny barrage you get three nonplussed expressions turned on you. Craning your neck up to look at them properly, silhouetted against the back drop of a sky fading into velvet blue, you try to reason with them again.

"Fight if you want, but I get the win if I hit you right? So unless you think your reputations can take that, maybe THIS time you'll listen to me? Rather than bicker?"

You can see a collection of retorts rise to their lips, in a second they'll all make their protests at once and that will lose you this last chance. So you cut them off before they can begin, with a sharp thrust you point the rose at Alice.

"Alice!"

Their words die in their breath, distracted once more they follow from the rose to the puppeteer with their eyes, she flinches slightly a hand flying up unbidden.

"Alice, please. I know you heard me before when I last spoke to you, what has happened since then? Did you sit alone and let all that pain fester into something worse, twisting and turning my words into something poison? I beg of you, not for my sake but for your own, let me be free."

Vaguely, you're aware of a slight stiffness forming in your neck, but that's far from the front of your mind right now. Your heart, distraught with what you must do to help Alice, twists uncomfortably within you. An anguished cry springs from Alice's mouth, with wild eyes that bore into you she screams.

"How can you say these things! How can you rob me of everything I have like this! You've torn Marisa away from me, you've spurned me and fled my home with another woman. Left me alone, abandoned me when I needed you most. It pains me to see you, just looking at you hurts me, but I still love you! I'm ruined in your eyes now, so if I am to have you I must take you! Can't you see that?"

Such sorrow in her words, enough to rise a lump of guilt to your throat as you empathize with her words, but no matter what she says she knows that she's wrong. However by the begging tone in her voice, the way that anger gave way to pleading you know that her illusion is falling apart around her. She no longer believes she is justified in her action, despite her pain this is a good sign, so you press on almost ruthlessly. Not letting a single thing pass your impassive facade.

"You're alone Alice, I feel for you I truly do. But you mustn't steal the one thing you want from the world and hide it away for fear of losing it, in the end that will only bring you more loneliness. Because you will lose it one day, this is an inevitable fact of life that we all must deal with one day, but if you act like this then you'll never have anyone in your life once you've lost what you stole. It's not too late, I forgive you. Marisa will forgive you. But can you forgive yourself?"

The look on her face, what is it? Torment twists her features as she battles with herself and your words, a grimace of internal struggle. Horror, misery, shock, pain. It could easily be any of these things, but slowly something....changes.

The best way you could describe it, is that she melts. The lines of worry, doubt, hate and fear soften then fade away as finally she looses all the tension she carried within her. No longer taught and strained, muscles relax weakly and once more Alice looks human, rather than like a doll. Moistly she blinks at you twice and turns her head away in shame, covering her face with one hand while clutching at her self with the other. Morosely, Shanghai attends to her troubled master as best she can, sparing only one unknowable glance at you for a fleeting moment.

You.....have no idea how to respond to that, her words finally washed away Alice for now is done. You doubt anything could reach her for the time being, you just wish it didn't have to be this way.
>> No. 10627
For now, no matter how callous it makes you feel, you must turn away from Alice and speak to the other two. Dejected and trembling Alice contrasts with Wriggle and Marisa; Wriggle looks away from the magician with an uncomfortable face, keeping her eyes on her feet, her hands, the ground, anything but the fragile girl before her. Marisa fights with herself, her sour expression crumbling as it gives way to a very tender look directed at Alice, unable to let go of her anger yet moved by what she sees.

"Can you come down here please? My neck is getting stiff looking up at you like this."

Pulled away from the sorry sight, they comply without question or argument floating gently back the earth with a slight rustle of their clothing, Marisa's dress and Wriggle's cape fluttering softly in the air. To your slight surprise, Alice also makes her way to the ground, standing small and vulnerable a little way from the rest of you.

At first, neither will look directly at you, Wriggle still focusing upon the floor her brow furrowed and Marisa watching Alice out of the corner of her eye. Finally, Marisa tears herself away and goes to speak, stepping forward slightly and speaking in a subdued voice.

"David...I."
"Listen,"
Holding up a hand for silence you cut her off, you're not quite ready to let anyone speak yet until you've said your piece, in order to head off argument.
"I've had enough of all this, of the fighting and the running. Do we really have to resort to such things? I appreciate all you've done for me Marisa and I can understand how you must feel right now, the same goes for you Wriggle. But have either of you thought about how I feel about this whole situation?"
"Heh, most guys would be glad to have three pretty girls fighting over him -ze."

A glimmer of Marisa's irrepressible spirit shines through for a moment, making a joke in such at inappropriate time like that is more like the Marisa you're used to. It's a small, unfunny thing, but you allow yourself a smile because it's a good sign.

"Come on, I'm serious."
"....right."
"Seems like all anyone has done is try to keep me away from everyone else, you know what that means to me? The three of you are among my only people I know in Gensokyo and definately those closest to me, so I'd be happier if you could all just get along and then we wouldn't have to deal with all this."

You wave your hands around a bit to signify this, the whole drama you're caught up in.

"You're all going to have to learn to get along, that's not a problem is it? I mean, you were friends with Alice before you met me Marisa and right now she needs you. Like I said, I forgive Alice but that doesn't mean that I think what she did was right, but I'm willing to let it be in order to help her. You can't abandon her now Marisa,"
A wry smile twists your lips.
"I know you're pretty selfish, but I think you're better than this."
"H-hey!"

That you can give her a playful jab like that means a lot to you, things have finally started to calm down which is a great relief to you. She looks as tired as you feel, probably as emotionally drained as anyone here is right now, but there's something of a spark alive in Marisa once more. Sighing with resignation, she walks over to you and places a hand heavily on your shoulder.

"I still wanna talk to you, but now ain't the time. So...."
A flicker of frustration.
"Talk to Wriggle or whatever, it's not like I care! I, uh, got something I need to do."

She moves away from you, pensively looking at Alice she goes over to her side and draws her a bit away from where you and Wriggle are left standing alone. Curiously, Wriggle stands arms folded with a cross look directed at you.

"Why am I last?"


(almost done! slow site is slow)
>> No. 10628
Of all the things to be indignant over, Wriggle's pride is bothered by being the last person you have to deal with? If anything it should serve as an unspoken comment of how much you trust her, not that she would see it that way of course. Life can never be simple can it?

"Because you aren't as unstable or crazy as those two are."
"Hey! Don't think I'm being soft on you, I-I did threaten to eat you, remember?"

Why is she so cute like this? Folded arms and pouting she seems so adorable, trying to make herself seem worse than she is, it evokes a chuckle from you. Crossing over to her, you set a hand to her head and run your hand through her hair, ruffling it in a familiar manner being sure as usual not to disturb her antenna. It's a risky move to make, being openly affectionate with the other two so near, but for now their backs are turned and you're feeling lucky. She squirms, but doesn't pull away from the attention.

"And I'm very glad you didn't Wriggle, thank you."
Just remember I'm not a wuss just 'cause I like you, okay?"
"Okay."

Carefully you disenage your hand from her hair, immediately she goes to smooth it back into place while watching you carefully.

"Y'know," She begins. "I really don't get what happened here."
"For once Wriggle, neither did I."

That's it. You're done. You've been running on fumes for the last couple of hours, chances are you've missed dinner at least by the empty feeling in your stomach and the way your limbs feel like wet noodles. Ponderously, you slowly collapse to the floor and come to rest limply on the leaf strewn ground, letting your arms and legs spread out where they will. Summoning all the effort left in you, you put the rose back in it's home within the pocket your filthy trousers, then let yourself go numb for a bit.

Soon you'll be expected to deal with the fallout of all this, Alice still needs to be taken care of while Marisa and Wriggle will no doubt have something to say about accommodation tonight. Frankly that's a bit beyond you, you're not even sure if you'll be able to stop from falling asleep where you lie. Eyelids heavy and mind cloudy like it's full of cotton wool, you could gladly drift off right now and leave them to sort it out between them. You've certainly earned your rest, or at least you think you have.

Something moving catches the corner of your eye, sitting peacefully next to you is Wriggle, staring out into the middle distance with a far away look in her eye.

"So what happens now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ ] Pass out

[ ] "I need some where to rest, how about:"

[ ] Kourindou's

[ ] The Hakurei Shrine

[ ] Alice's House

[ ] Wriggle's burrow

[ ] Marisa's house

[ ] Other

-------

Huge gap between posts was due to distractions and it being 5am, not that it mattered it seems.
>> No. 10629
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow
>> No. 10631
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] Wriggle's burrow

Peace and quiet. Time to get some good rest.
>> No. 10632
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] Wriggle's burrow

This won't decide the route probably, but at least greatly influence it
>> No. 10633
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow

I have no regrets.
>> No. 10636
[✓] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[✓] Marisa's house

AGAINST ALL ODDS
>> No. 10637
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] Marisa's house
>> No. 10638
File 122914879173.jpg - (93.38KB , 550x811 , c0c55cb1e793c9ebeb2b57e52ffb58bc.jpg ) [iqdb]
10638
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] Marisa's house

We can all go to Marisa's, Wriggle's place is too small and Alice's is too dangerous.

Also what the fuck, people. Has it really been so long that you've forgotten about her?
>> No. 10639
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Marisa's house
>> No. 10640
[ ] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[ ] Marisa's house
>> No. 10641
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow

Wriggle~

Let us have a peaceful night tonight.
>> No. 10642
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"

[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."

[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."

[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.

tl;dr
Quit being a horny prick and work towards fixing the girls rather than your balls.
>> No. 10643
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] Marisa's house
>> No. 10644
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"

[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."

[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."

[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10645
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.

Okay.
>> No. 10646
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10647
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow

mmm
>> No. 10648
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"

[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."

[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."

[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10649
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow

I must.
>> No. 10650
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10651
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow
>> No. 10652
The plan is to take Alice to Marisa's place and all 3 of you spend the night. Crazy hijinks could ensue. Alice could have another fit of insanity, or be moe and vulnerable. Marisa could be anything. Think of the possibilities.

But most importantly, you forgot about someone Anon. He waited for you, patiently...asking for nothing in return except your occasion presence and a bro-fist.

Go say hello to Beer Spider.
>> No. 10654
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow

I do like Marisa and Alice, but David is on the verge of passing out. I'd rather have him pass out at Wriggle's and help out Alice and Marisa later. Alice and Marisa are David's friends, it's not like we won't see them again.
>> No. 10655
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.

Hi, Logic!
>> No. 10656
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10657
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.

Changing vote.
>> No. 10658
>>10654
"Hey you two. I know you are mentally and emotionally damaged right now, and suffering from varying degrees of abandonment issues. Good luck with that. I'm going to head off with my loli bug friend now, who is obvious love competition. Take care I'll see you later~"

its not a good idea.
>> No. 10659
>>10654

Yeah, with anonymous like this, the only way we're going to see Alice and Marisa again is if Scorn seperates us from Wriggle with a fucking crowbar.
>> No. 10660
>>10652
Yeah, Alice definitely should not be left alone right now, she needs love and support. We should keep her away from her house for now, too many bad vibes of loneliness and captivity. The shrine is out, too, getting the grouchy miko involved in this would only make things worse.
>> No. 10661
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] Marisa's house

After all,
>there's no where else in this world that's closer to something you'd call "home" than Marisa's house anyway.
>> No. 10662
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10663
>>10654

I agree with this.
Also we have intervened enough for today. Right now is Marisa's chance to sort things out with Alice and its not really necessary for us to butt in especially in our exhausted state. In fact, having us along might make it harder for them to have a true conversation. Fix ourselves first before attempting to fix others. Otherwise we're just doing both parties a disfavor.
>> No. 10664
>>10661
However, in the event that it comes down to a face-off between Wriggle's burrow and Doujin's write-in, please count my vote for Doujin's write-in.
>> No. 10665
>>10663
Won't spending the night at Wriggle's just make things worse with Marisa and Alice?

I mean, obviously you like Wriggle the best, but can we try to get a good end instead of getting our dumb self killed? Being preferential in this situation is like tying the noose around our neck.
>> No. 10666
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10667
File 122915228662.jpg - (22.71KB , 531x228 , 1206850382042.jpg ) [iqdb]
10667
>ten billion votes for Wriggle

...

[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[X] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[X] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10668
>>10652
;_; Beer spider

[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[X] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[X] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10670
>>10652
I doubt there'll be any crazy and silly hijinks, as David is close to collapsing.

[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[X] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[X] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10671
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[X] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[X] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10672
[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[X] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[X] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10673
Vote count as of >>10672, just to make things easier.

Wriggle option: 9
Marisa option: 7
Doujin's write-in: 16
>> No. 10676
I want to say

[] Hakurei shrine
[] Tea

Because all conflicts in Gensokyo should lead to this. However,

[X] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[X] Wriggle's burrow

just because.
>> No. 10677
[x] Doujin write-in
+
[x] "And if I don't show up, well... you've torn apart a house for me before, so it ought to be even easier the second time."
>> No. 10678
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10679
>>10673
Doujin's write-in is about going to Marisa's house, anyway.

Although I think we should invite Wriggle, too.
>> No. 10680
Inviting Wriggle along would make it harder to achieve our end goal which is to be able to focus on them to solve the problems they currently have. I don't think Wriggle would be much help in this, and maybe even do more harm than good if she were brought along.
>> No. 10681
File 122918017227.jpg - (205.62KB , 507x507 , afd60ff678e2a9100bb5e529db61da27.jpg ) [iqdb]
10681
>>10679
True, which makes going to Marisa's a decided victory, to my great displeasure. I want some Wriggle loving goddamnit! I want a Wriggle End for crying out loud. I mean, you can get your Marisa and Alice from Norseman's CYOA, and mostly some other ones too, /eientei/ for example, but this is the only one so far that I've noticed that features a route for Wriggle, and I really want my moebug to have a good ending...

tl;dr
WHY YOU HATE WRIGGLE BAAWWWWWWW

Sage for useless rant. Not that it matters, since the thread stays on top anyway. Pic sort of related.
>> No. 10682
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] Marisa's house

It's home, plus Marisa has the superior bonus critter.
(Sorry Shanghai, but Beer Spider is a bro.)
>> No. 10686
>>10680

Actually bringing Wriggle along to Marisa's house could lead to some development. You know whats in Marisa's house that relates to Wriggle? BEER SPIDER. And so far we have had nothing but good experiences with beer spider. I'm sure he/she will be willing to put in a good word for us. Or Wriggle could see how we treat insects in our spare time.
>> No. 10687
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10688
>>10686

>Or Wriggle could see how we treat insects in our spare time.

Spiders are not insects, plebian.
>> No. 10690
>>10681

In my mind, though, Doujin's write-in isn't really "MARISA ROUTE LOLOLOL". It seems more like the road to take to get both of those two out of their funk, which is mostly a safe-guard for ourselves; when they're emotionally unstable, they seem to focus on us in a way that is decidedly unpleasant. Plus, the wording shows some degree of distrust in them, or at least it reflects a belief that they can't solve their own problems, a lack of confidence in someone that isn't conducive to a healthy relationship with them.

Plus, there's the promise to go back to Wriggle the next day, after everything is sorted out. There's nothing that specifically says she can't come with us to Marisa's house, either.

tl;dr Wriggle route is still open, and likely a go after we resolve Marisa and Alice's issues, at least given the initial surge of Wriggle votes.
>> No. 10691
>>10690
Pretty much. I'm not really in favor of any route at the moment, to be honest. I just think we should do the right thing and help them rather burning our bridges.

I'm not really opposed to any route. Wriggle is most certainly the nicest girl so far, but i doubt it could ever work out. We are from too different of worlds, while the location and people eating business is still a problem. There are ways around it (aka becoming a youkai) but they are heavy.

You could ask for Wriggle to come, but I don't think she'd be comfortable with it. I mean it would be ask her to come stay with your two other love interests, who are also super powerful and a bit nuts at the moment. She might do it out of duty to you, but be miserable the entire time. I think it would just create too much tension for Alice and Marisa as well (not to mention being rude to your host.)


Now if you wanted to be a player hug Wriggle and make her think you love her the most, and are only doing this out of duty to Marisa and Alice. If the 2 happen to see you do this, act stern and a little cold to them as an alpha male. Tell them that you are staying with them for a good reason, and with the way they've been acting lately they have no right to complain. Carry Alice in your arms for added effect. Its the "I care but I'm still a manly badass now do as I say" option that they'll swoon for.
>> No. 10692
[x] "I need some where to chillax, how about:"
[x] Marisa's shed
>> No. 10693
File 122921329043.jpg - (413.90KB , 965x1400 , 1229207621851.jpg ) [iqdb]
10693
[!/] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[!/] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[!/] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[!/] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.

So tough to decide, unlike Vyse throwing 3 grenades.
>> No. 10694
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10695
[x] "I need some where to rest, how about:"
[x] "How about we do something fun after tomorrow. Alice is a mess and Marisa isn't exactly emotionally competent. The next couple of hours are going to be pretty important for them and I want to make sure it goes smoothly, or this was all for nothing. They both need help, and if they could do it themselves it would be have solved a long time ago."
[x] Thank Wriggle for saving you, taking care of you, and being cool about all this. "You're about the only person I can depend on right now, and you deserve a lot more than this. I want you to know it really means a lot to me, so let me make it up to you later."
[x] Have Marisa take Alice home, and accompany them.
>> No. 10700
Night has begun to fall over Gensokyo and the forest of magic, peacefully and quietly in total disregard for what happened today the callous moon begins to rise. What does the night care for human affairs? She slips without a ripple into the world to steal the day away once more, not passing a thought for those that live under the vault of the heavens; to her the events of today are as inconsequential and fleeting as the life of a mayfly is to you. Stars wink into sight and scatter across the deep blue sky , almost imperceptibly as the cool night air caresses your weary body.

Still, at peace, you don't want to think right now. It's too much of a chore, let someone else take care of what remains of the day, you're dead to the world now. Unfortunately, life isn't as easy or simple as that, it would be remiss of you to abandon your task here after all that.

"Hey,"
Softly, you murmur to Wriggle.
"You're pretty amazing, Wriggle."
"What? C-come on, what are you saying."

You can't see her face from this angle, but the night sky is too enchanting to tear yourself away from right now anyway. Even so you can almost feel the heat from the blood rushing to her face.

"I mean it, for someone who threatened to kill and eat me you've taken amazingly good care of me."

She does not speak, too humble or embarrassed to respond. Or is she perhaps not listening? Indulging yourself and mayhap her as well, you press on.

"I guess what I'm saying is, I'm pretty lucky to have met you Wriggle. Thank you, for everything."

Nothing more to be said, neither of you say a word. A shift next to you, the sound of scraping leaves as Wriggle moves to hug her knees, resting her chin on them. Wordlessly you sit there together for a while, the hushed sound of Marisa and Alice talking in the background, letting the world simply pass you by for now.

"Let's do something together tomorrow,"
Finding your voice once more, you turn your head to look at her.
"I'm going to keep an eye on those two for now because it's what's right. But once I get a chance to slip away, let's go sneak off an' have fun somewhere. I owe you that much at the very least."
"Sure."

A simple answer, all that needs to be said really. It's nothing definite, as immaterial as a thought, but a promise to meet up however you can tomorrow to simply be in each others presence. This time, you promise yourself, you won't miss it for the world.

A presence draws near to stand above you, Marisa, looking down. A sign that now it's time to move on, enough laying around on the hard ground for now. The promise of a warm bed, or at the very least a comfy sofa with sheets, coaxes the last bit of strength out of you to make you stand once more.

"I'm going to take Alice back to mine for tonight, it's probably not a good idea to leave her alone for now."

Stood close to Marisa, face turned away in blunt refusal to look upon you, Alice huddles her self to one side of your little group.

"I was about to suggest that actually, I'll be staying with you tonight if that's not a problem?"
"Heh," She smiles. "You know it isn't, but what about her?"

While perhaps she doesn't speak in the most respectful tone, she doesn't simply go to dismiss Wriggle this time either, you'd wager she doesn't really want to deal with the young youkai right now. Getting up from where she sat, Wriggle moves to stand by your side.

"I'll come too, but I won't stay."
"Fine."
"Right then, let's get going I'm bushed!"

=================
>> No. 10701
File 122923888118.jpg - (39.82KB , 568x574 , 1228222728286.jpg ) [iqdb]
10701
The sight of Marisa's squat little cottage jerks on a string in your heart, a happy little flutter to see the place again and the memories of warm safe nights you spent inside it's walls. The dusty windows, unkempt flower beds, the riotous garden, the crooked path of warm grey stone that leads to the door all make you feel glad to be back.

A harsh voice calls out as you touch down on the grass before the front door.

"You. Shrine. Now."

Scowl set, arms folded, a stick decorated with paper held firmly in one hand, standing defiantly by the front door is the familiar face of Reimu looking like a teacher about to give a scolding. Hell, she looks like she's on the verge of spanking someone with that stick of hers. Her focus seems to be on Marisa, who slips away from your group to deal with her, Reimu doesn't seem to have noticed the rest of you or if she did she's ignoring you for now.


"Why the hell have you been running around the forest making a ruckus?"
"Youkai extermination -ze."

An instant lie, as expected of Marisa really. Reimu just scowls deeper at this line and calls her out.

"Bull crap, wrong day for extermination. There's one right behind you and you haven't blasted it yet, what's that about?"
Evidently it was the latter, she's sharp you'll giver her that, but for now she goes on ignoring you. Wriggle seems rather cautious around Reimu but Alice doesn't appear to notice anything that's going on right now.

"Heh, nothing gets past you, eh, Reimu?"
"It's my intuition."

Smugly the red and white garbed girl smirks a bit as she says that, but you're more inclined to believe that Reimu is just used to ignoring half of what Marisa says rather than some kind of mystical talent. Propping her arm under one elbow Marisa leans into it and gives the miko a quizzical look.

"What're you doing here anyway? I didn't make that much of a racket, so I doubt you got called out and even if you were there's no way you'd arrive this soon."
"What?"
"You'd probably sit around drinking tea until things got worse before you'd ever do anything about it."
"How dare you!"

Indignantly places her hands on her hips, as far as you're concerned it sound like a completely accurate picture of Reimu to be honest.

"But seeing as you mentioned it, yes it was something of a coincidence. I was passing by because I needed to talk to him!"
"Me?"

Just like that you're dragged into the conversation, as if you haven't dealt with enough today already. Before anything else tragic can happen to you today however, Marisa stops Reimu with a hand on her shoulder.

"It's been one of those days Reimu."
"What kind of day?"
"Long and crazy, so can it wait until tomorrow? I'll tell you what happened today and bring him along when we get there, so just leave it for now. Please?"
"I don't know...."

Reimu goes to consider Marisa's offer, you'd be grateful if she didn't insist on interrogating you here and now considering you're on the verge of collapse, but on the other hand you don't like the idea of being committed to being somewhere after you promised Wriggle you'd spend time with her. Actually, so long as you met up with Reimu earlier in the day there would be no reason you can't meet up with Wriggle later, plus you're interested as to what Reimu wants exactly.

Tapping her foot as she thinks, Reimu comes to a decision.

"You're not going to do anything else stupid tonight?"
"You know me, I live the quiet life all alone out here in these woods, yes ma'am."
Frowning at Marisa's heavy sarcasm, Reimu sighs.
"Fine, whatever. Turn up tomorrow and don't do anything that means more work for me."
"I'll be bringing Alice too."
"What, why?"
"You'll find out."

Reimu keeps her peace, choosing not to ask any more questions about why Alice will be accompanying you tomorrow, but you know why Marisa said as much. Alice is still speechless, but at least taking an apparent interest in the conversation. Wriggle catches your eye and looks at you curiously, so you give her a confident wink that brings a smile to her lips.

"David!"
"Huh?"

Oops, looks like Reimu was calling your name just now while you were distracted.

"I got something I need to talk to you about."
"Uh, sure." You frown. "Thanks for the lift the other day incidentally."

At least she has the decency to look a little embarrassed about that, you note that one or two of those hair accessories are adorning her hair right now. When you think about it, most of what happened was her fault for leaving you in a way.

"*ahem* Yes, uh, sorry 'bout that. Urgent shrine business, you understand."
Yeah right!
"Anyway, shrine tomorrow. Any objections?"

---------------------------------

[ ] "Sure, no problem."

[ ] "Can I say no here?"

[ ] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"


(Reimu or Dr Pepper? Tough call.)

Also. Inb4 9001 Wriggle option votes.
>> No. 10702
[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"
>> No. 10703
[x] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10704
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

Having her along ensures that we'll be able to keep our promise to do something together. If we get separated, who knows what kind of mishap we might get thrown into again. Trapped, held hostage, etc. So many things that can go wrong especially since David has a knack for attracting situations.
>> No. 10705
[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

You know I'm not choosing anything else~
>> No. 10706
File 12292409575.jpg - (386.69KB , 966x1400 , 1229207965783.jpg ) [iqdb]
10706
[!/] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

This update, has lost me.
>> No. 10707
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"
>> No. 10708
[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

Wriggle~
>> No. 10709
[X] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10710
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"
>> No. 10712
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

Only path, no regrets, etc.
>> No. 10713
File 122924655650.jpg - (61.06KB , 490x692 , 122485941512.jpg ) [iqdb]
10713
[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

>Also. Inb4 9001 Wriggle option votes.
It's not fun if you say the obvious.
>> No. 10714
[x] Dr Pepper
>> No. 10715
[X] Mr. Pibb

SUPERIOR
>> No. 10716
Dr. Pepper was fucking awesome, but the faggots stopped selling it in Ausfalia.
>> No. 10717
{X} "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

Wriggle~
>> No. 10720
Mr Pibb was the bullshit Dr. Pepper, dude didn't even get his degree.

[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"


Tea's better than both, anyway.
>> No. 10721
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

raymoo is mue
>> No. 10722
>>10720
Mr Pibb IS Dr Pepper. No period on either of them, both names start with P. It's like Bruce Wayne and Batman, only for the medical world instead of the crime world.
>> No. 10723
[X] "Sure, no problem."

Marisa is superior you bugfreaks!
>> No. 10724
[ ] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10725
[x] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10726
[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"
>> No. 10727
[x] "Sure, no problem."
Wriggle ain't nothin' but a ho.
>> No. 10729
Ugh. I wish this place wasn't /wriggle/.

Marisa is the most moe!
>> No. 10730
[ ] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10731
>"Wow!"
>Suddenly breaking away from you Wriggle dashes away with excitedly to some seemingly random spot before you and crouches down, leaving you a little confused by yourself, then begins to run her hands through the grass.
>Smiling happily she turns on heel to you as you crouch down next to her, holding out her cupped hands towards you.
>"Check it out! I've never seen one this big!"
>Popping her hands open she reveals the biggest beetle you've ever seen, a great big monster of an insect easily the size of a tennis ball that barely fits in her palms.

Wriggle is one of those crazy old ladies that collects dozens of cats. Except they're not cats, they're insects.

[ ] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10732
Vote count so far is
13 for Wriggle
8 for the other
>> No. 10733
[X] "Sure, no problem."

Wriggle sux.
>> No. 10734
[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

I like Marisa, but I like Wriggle a lot more.
>> No. 10735
[x] "Sure, no problem."

Wriggle bores me.
>> No. 10736
[x] "Sure, no problem."

Bringing Wriggle would not go well.
>> No. 10738
Need 4 more Marisa votes, then.

'Cmon, guys!
>> No. 10740
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"
>> No. 10742
[x] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10743
[x] "Sure, no problem."

Whatever.
>> No. 10744
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

Whatever.
>> No. 10745
[x] "Sure, no problem."
>> No. 10746
Blatant votespam ITT
>> No. 10747
Scorn can you just call the votes before the vote spamming gets out of hand?
>> No. 10748
[x] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

>>10720
Fuck you, I was going to post that quote.
>> No. 10751
[X] "Sure, no problem." ,
[X] "Can I say no here?"
>> No. 10752
>>10746
Probably.
For both sides, I would guess.
This is what mods are for.

vote for Marisa~~
>> No. 10753
>>10752

I have a feeling Marisa is getting the majority of the spam.
>> No. 10754
Okay. So we have:

>>10702>>10712>>10713>>10717>>10720>>10721>>10726>>10734>>10740>>10744>>10748
Wriggle votes

>>10703>>10709>>10723>>10724>>10725>>10727>>10730>>10731>>10733>>10735>>10736>>10742>>10743>>10745
Sure, no problem votes

>>10751
Have your cake and eat it too votes

>>10714
Soda votes

>>10715
Inferior soda votes

Mod verification would be wonderful.
>> No. 10756
>>10753
Being a Marisa man and her fifth voter, I hate to admit it, but you're probably right. This is /wriggle/, so it would make sense for Wriggle to be in the lead.
>> No. 10757
>>10754

You're missing quite a few Wriggle votes.
>> No. 10759
>>10756
Who knows. Last time it was said that there were obvious router resets going on and little could be done about it. So it's hard to say who should have more votes.

Can't say I give a damn about Wriggle but I expect the votespamming to balance out eventually, so if she wins so be it.
>> No. 10762
[X] "It's fine, mind if Wriggle tags along?"

Wriggle~
>> No. 10763
>>10754

You're missing a bunch Wriggle votes, dude. Actual vote count as of this moment:

Wriggle: 18
Sure, no problem: 15

I suspect vote spam on the losing option right now, too.
>> No. 10765
>>10763

Just to elaborate a bit further:

Wriggle:
>>10702>>10704>>10705>>10706>>10707>>10708>>10710>>10712>>10713>>10717>>10720>>10721>>10726>>10734>>10740>>10744>>10748>>10762

Sure, no problem:
>>10703>>10709>>10723>>10724>>10725>>10727>>10730>>10731>>10733>>10735>>10736>>10742>>10743>>10745>>10751
>> No. 10766
>>10763
>I suspect vote spam on both options

Fixed
>> No. 10767
>>10765
Urgh, I could've sworn I clicked on all of them.
>> No. 10769
Okay sorry about the extended delay, let's finish this day shall we?

Wriggle wins, writing.
>> No. 10770
File 122947476726.jpg - (33.98KB , 429x650 , 1228163831896.jpg ) [iqdb]
10770
"Sure I don't mind, not like I've got anything else to do right?"
"Yes, that's partially what I wanted to discuss."
"What?"

Shaking her head irritably sends Reimu's voluminous hair spilling out around her, she's got that seemingly perpetual sour look which seems to be her normal expression. A shame really, considering the times when you've gotten her to lighten up she's really quite cute. Really all that scowling is going to give her wrinkles.

"Save it for tomorrow, that is what you wanted right? I can talk now, but make up your mind already!"
Snapping at you she reminds you why you're not talking about it now, the fatigue that's plaguing you probably would result in unconsciousness before she can even begin. Still, if you're be going to the shrine tomorrow maybe it's a good idea to have everyone show up? Having them meet each other on neutral ground might be beneficial in some way, even if it arouses jealousy when you go out with Wriggle at least they'll know where you are this time and maybe they can even learn to get along?

"It's fine, save it for tomorrow then, but do you mind if Wriggle tags along?"
"Huh?" Reimu blinks at you. "Why, what's she got to do with anything?"
"She's just as much involved with what Marisa mentioned as anybody else. I want her around, so that there's no misunderstandings."

She glances from you, to Wriggle, then back to you quizzically. A single eyebrow raised as if to say Really, her? but she makes no comment, simply she shrugs and let's it slide. Has Reimu met Wriggle before? Damn, you're going to have to ask someone about all this. You understood that Reimu, Marisa and Alie all knew each other but Wriggle's something of a question mark here. Has she met the others before and if so what kind of relationship do they have?

Well, no point pondering that now as it's honestly not much of an issue.

"Whatever, just make sure whoever's turns up tomorrow. I only need to speak to David and Mariasa, but who cares."

Her facade of disinterest fades for a moment and she adopts a slightly whining tone.

"Just don't show up too early and wake me up."

A short chorus of goodbyes are rattled off, it's probably because she was here on business that Reimu wasn't quite as personable as those times you've encountered before as she takes her leave quickly with little involvement with any of you. If this is how she is usually you consider yourself lucky to have caught her on her good days, she might seem aloof and authoritarian when she has to act like this, but you like to think you know her better than that.

With Reimu's departure Marisa turns away from waving her off to open the door, with a twist of a key and a stout kick it judders open revealing the familiar darkened antechamber which leads to the house beyond. Carefully Marisa leads Alice in first, the silent Magician seemingly grateful for the assistance right now as she grasps the sleeve of Marisa's dress firmly, but keeps her vacant eyes fixed firmly upon the floor.

Ushering the girl in before her Marisa turns as you approach with Wriggle, with a haggard half smile she gestures you to enter.

"Come on, I'll get some tea on or something. Still got coffee if you like."
"Thanks Marisa," You incline your head gratefully. "But I'll have tea, I don't want anything that might mess with my sleep."
"Does..." Marisa goes to speak, pauses apparently caught up by a sudden thought, then turns away as she carries on more carefully.
"Does your, friend, want to come inside?"
>> No. 10773
File 122947672613.png - (412.36KB , 600x700 , 16144c874b44dae5701130b0b5b9d5cc.png ) [iqdb]
10773
Glancing at your smallest companion, she holds herself well with a steady but non-threatening gaze leveled at Marisa and Alice. You doubt she understands that Marisa just indirectly asked her to leave, Wriggle does generally have trouble understanding the subtlety of human social interaction, but you remember her saying she was going to take her leave now anyway. Unless she's changed her mind since then.

"Well, want to come in for a cup of tea Wriggle?"
"Uh-uh, but thanks." She takes s step back, but lingers with hands folded behind her looking at you with those brilliant emerald eyes.
"Um, I'm gonna'. You know, I'm going to go now."
"Really? You won't stay? That's too bad...."

Feigning disappointment Marisa's voice drips with sarcasm, thankfully Wriggle doesn't seem to pick up on it or perhaps chooses not to respond. Either way she gives Marisa a slightly perturbed look.

"If you're coming tomorrow," Marisa goes on. "Just turn up before midday, I don't care when. Or arrive at the shrine, whatever you prefer."

Casually the witch shrugs at the youkai, not bothered by either scenario, as Wriggle nods back at her.

Then a long pause passes, immediately you're not sure why, it seemed like Wriggle and Marisa were suddenly stuck in their positions staring amiably at one another as Alice glimpsed darkly past Marisa at Wriggle. A subtle hint, a trace of conflict skittering across their seemingly friendly faces, alerts you to the fact that some kind of challange is being presented and in turn, dismissed.

This drags on for a bit, you're tempted to speak but something about this little scene fascinates you, what is going on exactly?

"Riiiiight." Eventually, Marisa breaks her position first backing down from whatever she was backing, with a great deal of reluctance you imagine considering who you're talking about.
"Well, I'll just leave you two alone for a moment shall I?"

Her words seem innocent enough, spoken with a sort of overt cheerfulness, but there's an undercurrent of venom in them even as she and Wriggle smile balefully at one another. If they stared any harder at one another they'd start a fire when the spark of friction begin to fly, they could evaporate water with those withering glares. A thought that leaves you wondering vaguely if electricity could be brought to Gensokyo, should you be able to harness this strange power before you. Another little struggle breaks out for a moment as they hold eye contact, but Marisa turns away quickly, though you wonder why she's giving in so easily right now.

Taking the mute Alice with her, who only spares one glance over her shoulder at you before moving out of sight, Marisa leaves you alone with Wriggle for now albeit grudgingly. With her gone the sounds of the forest seem to flood over this place, the denizens of the night waking to another moonlit day, making their cries and their calls to one another filling the air with the echoes of life. You can't imagine living in a place that isn't like it to be honest, it's been part of your background for so long that now when you finally notice it, you realize how noisy the forest is. But where as before the thrum and hum of forest life would be something that frightened you, with thoughts of what might be lurking in the darkness, you find yourself oddly at ease.

"So I'll see you tomorrow then."
"You better show up!"
"Wriggle," You says, fighting off a bubble of laughter rising in your belly. "You're supposed to be the one showing up here this time, remember?"
"Ah!"

Your chuckle makes the poor girl pout, but you couldn't help yourself. There's times like this when she's trying her best to be, how to put this, to be in charge maybe? Whenever she orders you around like this, getting all worked up with hands on hips she just seems so adorable. The fact you know she could snap you in half and make good on her threats doesn't seem to phase you in the slightest, really you don't mean to belittle her like this but she is rather cute when she gets like this. It's kind of like teasing your little sister, or rather that's what you'd assume it would be like at least seeing as you don't remember if you've got any sibling be they sister, little or other.

Stomping her little foot Wriggle looks at you crossly, if you were any judge you'd say the next words from her lips will be "I knew that." Or something to th-

Well, it seems you were wrong. The next thing from her lips wasn't "I knew that." In fact, she didn't say anything at all.

The next thing from Wriggle's lips, was a clumsy kiss planted sweetly on yours. Levitating a little to get up to your level, face flushed madly and eyes shut tight Wriggle puts her face forward and pushes her lips to yours with a swift movement. A move so bold you're left stunned even as she pulls away, a small smirk of satisfaction on her lips and a dreamy look on her face. Quickly, however, her face drops and eyes go wide with the realization of what she has just done, bright crimson blood rushes to her face making her bloom red as your rose.

"Sorry!"
"Wriggle I...."
"Yeah, tomorrow! I, uh, I just got to... You know, with... So I'll be, um. Bye!"

Before you can summon any kind of response Wriggle gives you an odd little bow, stumbles back grinning madly at you, then skips up into the air giddily, ziping off into the night pell-mell.

Well.....how about that.

--------

[ ] Go find Marisa, help make tea

[ ] Look for Alice, you need to talk

[ ] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up

[ ] Find somewhere to sleep, you're on the verge of collapse


(okay for some reason I can see my posts but only on /forest/ and not actually in the thread. So that's weird. The site's being crazy, taken a while just to get this posted. So unless things change soon I dunno when the next update is going up, should only be one more left to do.)
>> No. 10774
[x] Go find Marisa, help make tea
Time to kiss and make up, faggots.
>> No. 10775
[x] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
>> No. 10776
[x] Go find Marisa, help make tea
>> No. 10777
[x] Go find Marisa, help make tea
>> No. 10778
File 122947806265.jpg - (77.79KB , 400x518 , wriggle012.jpg ) [iqdb]
10778
[X] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up.

Wriggle~! Wriggle~!

HHNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Already picturing a bright future with her~.
>> No. 10779
File 122947826712.jpg - (79.09KB , 432x324 , 1204665579392.jpg ) [iqdb]
10779
[!/] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
>> No. 10780
>The next thing from Wriggle's lips, was a clumsy kiss planted sweetly on yours.

Tastes just like Jane!

[x] Go find Marisa, help make tea
>> No. 10782
[ ] Look for Alice, you need to talk

in b4 alice runs away/kills herself
>> No. 10783
[X] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
>> No. 10784
[x] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up

"the fatigue that's plaguing you probably would result in unconsciousness before she can even begin"

Aren't we supposed to be sleeping soon? I would pick "talk to Alice" too but we're just too freaking tired.
>> No. 10785
[ ] Go find Marisa, help make tea
>> No. 10787
[x] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
[x] Find somewhere to sleep, you're on the verge of collapse

Marisa and Alice need each to salvage their friendship, and the conspicuous presence of the one who drove the wedge between them is not going to help. Any interaction at this stage with either of the girls is going to net contempt from the other due to suspicions of favoritism.

This isn't about you. This is about Alice engaging in some extremely self-destructive activity. The person she needs support from is her lifelong friend, not the guy she became infatuated with (and jealous of) a few days ago.

You can't do anything for them right now but stay in the household to make sure a fight doesn't break out.
>> No. 10788
[ ] Go find Marisa, help make tea

Your penis ADD makes me sad, Anon.
>> No. 10789
[X] Go find Marisa, help make tea
>> No. 10790
[x] Go find Marisa, help make tea.
>> No. 10791
Don't we pretty much look like hell right now though? Wouldn't touching ourselves up be a really good idea right about now?
>> No. 10792
>>10788

What are you complaining about now?
>> No. 10793
>>10788
Write us some hot Marisa x Alice to soften the blow of the Wriggle End, will you?

[x] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
[x] Go find Marisa, help make tea
in that order.
>> No. 10794
[X] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
[X] Find somewhere to sleep, you're on the verge of collapse
>> No. 10795
>>10792
Not complaining, just musing. It just feel like THP is a crazy social experiment, having a collect of people making a single choice and seeing how it changes with environment and girls. Its fun and tragic to observe what we do.

>>10793
on my list you go!
>> No. 10796
[X] Go find Marisa, help make tea
>> No. 10797
[X] Go find Marisa, help make tea.

>Tastes just like Jane!

fff.
>> No. 10798
{X} Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
{X} Find somewhere to sleep, you're on the verge of collapse
>> No. 10799
[X] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
[X] Find somewhere to sleep, you're on the verge of collapse
>> No. 10800
[X] Go find Marisa, help make tea.
>> No. 10810
{X} Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up.
[X] Go find Marisa, help make tea.
[X] Have tea.
{X} Find somewhere to sleep, you're on the verge of collapse.
>> No. 10812
[X] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
[X] Find somewhere to sleep, you're on the verge of collapse
>> No. 10813
[x] Go to the bathroom, fix yourself up
[x] Go find Marisa, help make tea
>> No. 10814
Okay the cross votes confuse it a bit, but Marisa wins. Not going to bother with the bathroom bit, that would've simply skipped any conversation and take you to the end of the day. The only difference between that and going straight to bed was hearing Alice and Marisa talk for a bit, but the way things turned out I'm ignoring the bathroom because it's made redundant by helping Marisa make tea.
>> No. 10815
Time for new thread?
>> No. 10816
File 122959367623.jpg - (46.51KB , 550x680 , 121256126786.jpg ) [iqdb]
10816
Tea. Tea sounds good, you'd Tea. Tea sounds good, you'd rather eat something to be honest seeing how long it's been since your last meal at Mystia's stand but you doubt Marisa is in any mood to cook and you're not sure you'd have the patience to. Sleep is too enticing to wait around for food, a couple of mouthfuls will keep you going until morning at least, that's all you need. But even so, you're willing to fend off sleep for a while longer at least, just for a chance to speak to Marisa alone at long last. You could probably leave it until the morning, but the sooner you speak to her the better, she's waited this long to see you and it would be outright cruel to ignore her now she's finally found you.

Ducking into the cozy little house into the corridor at the heart of it all, you think how nice it'll be to rest once more on that squat little sofa and use that outrageously pink bathroom with it's glorious bath. Muffled noises catch your attention, coming from behind the wall to your right it sounds like someone's moving around the living room, further up the corridor clinking sounds emerge from the kitchen. So Alice is in the living room and Marisa is in the kitchen making tea, this will be your chance to talk to Marisa alone it seems.

Briefly you consider dropping into the bathroom as you pass it by, a quick wash in the sink and a fresh shirt would be great right now, but you decide such things can wait until the morning. You've got places to be tomorrow and Alice will be around, you're not sure when you'll get a chance to speak to Marisa again alone like this so you'd rather not wait. A pool of warm yellow light spills out of the kitchen door, the familiar scent of mushroom permeates the air, you stop for a moment to take a deep breath then step through.

Warm brown tiles, smooth clean surfaces, the old iron stove and the clunky water pump, a heavy rough wooden table ladened with cups. It's exactly the way it was when you left, not that you should be surprised by that seeing as it's only been two days, but it felt longer. Fiddling with the kettle and that octagonal object she took out before, Marisa stands by the counter with a far away look in her eye as she works. The only thing that has changed here is now there's a wide purple stain spread across the wall instead of those tall metal pots Marisa used to stew the mushrooms.

"What, uh, what happened here"
"Hmm?"

Getting her attention you gesture to the purple smear, the stove is notably clear of staining but the yellow painted back wall is covered in a thin violet mess. Snapping out of whatever dream land she was in, she looks at you wryly and shrugs, smirking.

"Remember 'rip n' tear'?"
"Oh god, you mean?"
"That's right, highly unstable. The night you disappeared it exploded, or erupted to be more accurate."
Resting the kettle upon the octagon, she mimes out an explosion with her hands, clapping them together then spreading them out making a little "ka-pow" noise. Sheepish because of the mess you made, you offer and apology.

"Crap Marisa, sorry about that."
"Don't be! A highly reactive sample like that is good, if I can just suppress the reaction until the moment I need it 'rip n' tear' could be pretty useful."

Turning away from the unsightly splatter, she picks the kettle back up and pours the now boiling water into a near by pot, carried to the table with two hands wrapped stoutly around the handle as the contents slosh inside and set down with a dull clunk. Dutifully she pours out two cups, just before you can ask about Alice she says.

"She can wait, for a little bit."
"Right, I guess you want to talk?"

As she nods you sit down at the table, grabbing a piping hot cup to sip and slurp on it until it cools down, normally you'd have better manners than to slurp in front of a lady but Marisa makes a much more vulgar sound drinking hers than you ever could, kind of like a vacuum sucking up custard.


(nearly done)
>> No. 10817
>>10815
Nah, it's the end of the day so no point.
>> No. 10819
File 122959638140.jpg - (275.01KB , 800x995 , 121256117782.jpg ) [iqdb]
10819
A long silence follows, a few times Marisa goes to speak taking a breath and making a small sound, before suddenly falling still once more as she goes back to drinking her tea. Never do those radiant amber eyes leave your face as you hold her gaze in your own, for once Marisa seems to be at a loss for words.
"I, worried about you."
Finally she finds the words, not a question like you were expecting but a small confession of sorts. Uncertainty plagues her face, it's not like her to lack confidence, she's always come off as a very unshakable person to you almost to the point of arrogance. Yet today, you've seen her be just the opposite of that.
"I know Marisa."
It's all you can really tell her, there's nothing you can say that she doesn't know already and a small stubborn voice demands that you don't apologize until she offers one first.
"I waited in the village for hours, when I got home and saw you wasn't there I went back. I felt like an idiot stood all by myself as the sun went down in that square, every second made me even angrier and angrier, I don't even know why. Just the thought of you standing me up made my blood boil, I reckoned you were off drinking my money away or something."
Marisa, speaking in a soft voice, begins to fill you in on what happened to her while you were gone. The only sounds in the room, the crackle of the tiny fire in the stove and the tiny plink of expanding metal from the tea pot, are phased out by Marisa speaking.
"Then, the sun set completely, everything in the village was closed and I was left alone in that dark and empty square. Where the hell were you? I checked some of the bars and pubs, no one had seen you all day, after that I went to find Reimu but she said that you were fine when you left her. After that I stopped getting angry and started getting.....frightened."
"Marisa...."
"Yeah, I was scared for you okay?"
Defensively she snaps at you, getting irritable and standing up she keep going.
"You could've died or been eaten for all I knew! I was worried about you, you bastard! I lost sleep over it, I couldn't concentrate on my work or do anything right! I couldn't stop thinking about why you didn't come back, the more I did the worse I felt, what if maybe you weren't hurt or lost? What if you just didn't want to come back?"
Bitterly she chokes that last part out, almost hysterical but with enough self control to keep her voice down and not worry Alice, Marisa grimaces fighting off tears. None of this is your fault, you keep telling yourself, even as your stomach knots itself with guilt.
"Nearly didn't even try looking for you, w-what if I was right and you didn't want...." She swallows the lump in her throat and goes on. "Want to see me again? But I was still worried I was just being crazy, that you needed me to find you 'cause you were in trouble. That's what was going through my mind the last couple of days, I've barely slept and hardly eaten. So when you..... when you were at Kourin's.... with...."
The energy dies in her, the anger fading away and the raw sense of betrayal is back. You're not sure what to say, how should you react to all this? A pair of glimmering eyes beseech you silently, seeing Marisa vulnerable like this is uncomfortable for you, desperate to reassure her some how you go to speak but she cuts you off with a wave of her hand.

"No, come on now let me have my irrational outburst. You wouldn't let me beat you up so you owe me at least the chance to moan at you, even if you can't be blamed. It's not like me to get worked up like this, almost never happens, so just...just...."
"Just what?"
"Just, just! That's all!"
She frowns at you making that absurd statement with a frantic hand gesture, sighing she turns away and goes to look out the window hands on hips. Gently you rise from your seats, but hesitate from going over to comfort her. The wild emotions subdued for now Marisa stares deeply into the darkness, keeping her expressions neutral.
"It just feels like I'm losing you after I've just got you back."
She murmurs, so quietly that you almost didn't hear her speak. Like a dagger plunged into your heart, you feel a twist inside of you. Immediately after saying that Marisa clamps her hands over her mouth in surprise, wide eyed she looks at you with shock and blurts out a quick retraction.

"I didn't just say that! You heard nothing!"
"Marisa I'm-"
"You must be tired."
"But I..."
"Alice is using the sofa tonight, but I set up a bed in my study the other day for you. Here let me show you!"

Before you can move to stop her Marisa darts out the room, forcing you to chase her to keep up or lose sight of her, you've never been to her study so you don't know where she's heading. Tea completely forgotten you chase her out into the hallway, sliding a key into the lock of one door you've never been through before is Marisa. Goddamn it, first she wants to talk and now she won't even hold still long enough for you to say anything. Well this time......

"Marisa would you just-!"
"Sorry it's a mess in here, I got a habit of never throwing anything away and it kind of just builds up in here. But you should be able to find a path through the piles."
"Damn it Marisa I, piles?"
With a nudge the door creaks open half way, then bounces against something coming to a halt, slipping her hand in Marisa does something and you hear a click, instantly the room beyond is bathed in electric light.
"I've got electricity in this room only, it's too hard to cast the spell in every room though."

Off handedly Marisa explains over her shoulder while pushing the door fully open, tipping something over by the sound of it in the process. Before you lies a truly impressive collection, a junk pile that even Rinnosuke would be proud to call his own, stacks of various items lay strewn across the faded red carpet in general chaos, towering piles of books rubbing elbows with what seem like jumbles of scrap metal. as you step further inside you see in some places the stuff has piled so high that it reaches the low cieling of the house, there's no natural light source here that you can make out either, no windows to be seen.
>> No. 10820
Trekking through the dunes of assembled junk, Marisa beckons you to follow her so you start wading your way over. Nestled in one corner of the room, tucked away in a spot easily forgotten, is a mattress covered with sheets on a bed frame that seems to be composed of:

"Books?"
"Yeah, I got like a million of them! I think I made this a few months ago so I could take naps while working and save myself trips to the bedroom, but I guess it got covered over and forgotten. Good thing I remembered it, eh?"
"I dunno...."
"It's fine, there's a mattress and everything! Do you really want to sleep on the sofa any more?"
"Well..."

Admittedly, while you did think fondly of the sofa that was only because it was better than the last two beds you woke up in, no offense to Wriggle's makeshift bedding. Still, while the sofa carries a nice homey feeling for you it's not hard to admit that this is a much nicer arrangement. Cautiously, afraid it might break under your weight, you sit down on it.

"This isn't half bad."
You give it a few experimental bounces, seems stable enough. Enthusiastically Marisa nods.
"Told ya', just don't thrash around in your sleep too much or you'll knock the books out and it'll fall down. Be careful with them, there not mind but borrowed."
"Then why did you make a bed out of them?"
"I was done with them."
What? That's it? What kind of person thinks like that, if you're finished with a book why not give it back to the owner? It would free up some more urgently needed room in here that's for sure, instead however she makes a improvised bed out of them, this girl.....really. You find yourself shaking you head with a smile at the notion.

"So, I guess this is goodnight?"
Cautiously Marisa takes a small step back as if to leave, still trying to dodge the subject apparently. But you haven't forgotten, you need to ask her about that cryptic line she said, why does she keep trying to pretend she never said it?

"Marisa, I need to say something."
"And I need to think about something, so can it wait? Please?"

Finally you get her to comment on it, then she asks you not to talk about it again, wasn't she the one who wanted to talk things over? Damn it this inconsistency is confusing, what's going on it that head of hers? You get the feeling that even she doesn't know.

END OF DAY FIVE

====================================

Sorry if it got really lame towards the end there, this update fought me every step of the way and in the end I was just tired of writing it. As long as it gets across what it needed to then I don't care if it's a bit sparse and limp, I needed to get this done before tomorrow.

Which brings me to my next point: Tomorrow I head home for Christmas, which will probably mean no updates for about a week or two. But I'll be back before the new year with any luck and ready to write the next section of Rex.
>> No. 10821
>>10816
>but Marisa makes a much more vulgar sound drinking hers than you ever could, kind of like a vacuum sucking up custard.
Ugh. Yeah, my mom drinks tea like that.
>> No. 10822
>"Then why did you make a bed out of them?"
>"I was done with them."

That's my Marisa.

>Finally you get her to comment on it, then she asks you not to talk about it again, wasn't she the one who wanted to talk things over? Damn it this inconsistency is confusing, what's going on it that head of hers? You get the feeling that even she doesn't know.

We can't forget that Marisa has likely been going though awful emotional experiences due to Alice's doll enchantments, and unlike you and Alice who know about it, she's had only herself to blame these last few days.
>> No. 10823
>ready to write the next section of Rex.

Don't know if want...
>> No. 10827
>Tea. Tea sounds good, you'd Tea.
>you'd Tea.

What? On purpose?
I don't think so.
>> No. 10831
Right, I'm off for the holidays then. Maybe if you're luck I'll get a chance to do some writing but don't bank on it, I've got an essay to do.

Merry christmas and happy new year /forest/!
>> No. 10833
File 122964762589.png - (101.32KB , 400x400 , doomguy.png ) [iqdb]
10833
>'rip n' tear'

FUCK YEAR

RIP AND TEAR THOSE SHROOMS DAVEY
>> No. 10835
Hmm, we went home with Alice and Marisa, but only spoke to Marisa and didn't solve any of Alice's insanity. Not quite as planned. Lets see if this comes back to bite us.

I do approve of Marisa emotional outburst though. Hooray~
>> No. 10836
>Hmm, we went home with Alice and Marisa, but only spoke to Marisa and didn't solve any of Alice's insanity.

You can't solve every problem by throwing enough words at it. Some things require time, and the involvement of people other than yourself.
>> No. 10880
Merry Christmas, Scorn!
>> No. 24852
That was beautiful. Just beautiful.
Almost perfect.
>> No. 25040
Why must all good things end this story was beautifully written and yet judging by the last post it seems like this and captian Rex wont continue. I will always wounder how it would have ended oh well, I guess some of a good story is better then none. I might just check in out of habit though.