[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122043307527.jpg - (286.01KB , 600x900 , ml5.jpg ) [iqdb]
9954 No. 9954
You decide that your next stop is Marisa's place. You take one last glance at Alice's place as you leave. For some reason you feel a slight chill as you go back into the forest. It only lasts for a brief moment, like and might actually just be your body numbing a bit in response to your earlier thrashing. It's hard to think about anything but food right now. You think that you're starting to imagine things. You could of sworn that when you pass by the sign again it looks like a giant graham cracker. You're almost tempted to see if you can break off a piece for consumption. Your intellect triumphs in the end and you continue on to the Kirisame Magic shop convincing yourself that that's just a byproduct of your inordinate hunger.

The shop is apparently open, so you open the door and step inside. The owner of the place is (amazingly enough) reorganizing her stock and cleaning up. Her back is turned. She has a broom in one hand and has a bunch of vials in the other. She erratically sweeps the floor without looking and haphazardly places vials here and there. It doesn't look like she's going about this in a very efficient manner. But hey, it's her shop. Your footsteps alert her to your presence and she turns around, still clutching both things. You can't help but smile when you see that she's clutching what appears to be a small duster in her mouth as well. Now that's multitasking.

“Hi there, how are you doing?” You greet her in a normal way.
“Oam eiin” Marisa mumbles. She can't really talk with her teeth clenching the duster.
“Come again?”
“Ai zed aeem ein. Oer iu?'
“No, really now. You've lost me.”

Marisa rolls her eyes and then violently spits out the duster in her mouth, it flies across the room almost hitting you. It settles against the door behind you. You're impressed at just how far it flew.

“Jeez Emi-yan, you're terrible.”
“Hey, I couldn't make out what you were saying.”
“I said that I was fine, ~ze. You caught me cleaning up a bit. I sometimes have to, otherwise no one else will.” She lets out a small frustrated sigh.
“Can't you use magic for that? Like animate a broom to clean up the place by itself.” You say, thinking that it would be a good idea. Unless, of course, it kept bringing in bucketfuls of water.
“That sure would be handy. But as far as I know, there isn't any spell like that. Maybe I'll borrow a book on golems next time I'm around the library.”
“You do that.” You know that she means that she'll steal one from the Scarlet Library, but you don't feel like there's anything you could say about that.

Marisa places the vials on a counter before placing the broom against a wall.

“So, what brings you here Emi-yan? Visiting a certain someone and decided to give lil' ol' me a visit out of pity?” She shows a very obviously fake expression of sadness. What a spoiled would-be enchantress.

You don't get to reply properly. You stomach does all the work for you. Letting out a mighty rumble, one enough to make Jupiter himself blush, it clearly states your main interest.

“Oh Emi-yan~ I had no idea that you were this desperate. You must truly be down on your luck to have to resort to your friends like this. No, don't say anything it's quite alright.” Marisa starts a rather obnoxious soliloquy. Complete with an overbearing dramatical tone. “To be of use to a dear friend, is there any nobler calling in life to this? The slings of fate have enabled me to make a choice – to oblige this man's most primal urges or to feign obliviousness.”

You quickly put an end to this. She's bad at this.

“It's okay, I can manage.” You say, tapping her shoulder.
“Oh noble Shirou. You're a paragon of virtue. But fret not – I shall provide sustenance for you even if it proves to be my undoing!”
“You don't have to-” You're unable to finish your sentence however. Marisa runs off to her kitchen telling you to wait just a bit and also mentioning something about “proud Hyperion”. You just shrug your shoulders and take a seat on a nearby chair.

It looks like you'll get a meal after all. You hear the clanging of pots and pans and Marisa cheerfully talking to herself. As long as she's having fun it's okay you figure.

“Do..le....ble.. toil and tro...” You faintly hear her voice from the kitchen. You try to make an effort to hear; “Fire burn, cauldron bubble.”

You then hear what sounds like a high-pitched cackle. Marisa can't pull it off; It sounds way too girly. It does make you worry about what it is she is preparing for you however. Eye of newt, hair of dog? Nah, you're sure it'll be something lovely. Still, it can't hurt to check. You carefully get up, making sure not to make any noise, and sneak to the kitchen. There you see Marisa tending to a small pot over a fire. She's sticking her tongue out slightly to the side, looking like a child concentrating over a crayon scribble. She stirs the pot's contents and at one point adds what looks to be salt. You continue to watch until she takes a small spoonful and tastes it. You can't tell what she thinks of it, at least she doesn't look repulsed.

As you return to your seat, you hear Marisa call out from the kitchen.

“Almost ready~! Just a few more minutes.”

You hope that this will end well. After a few minutes, Marisa emerges from the kitchen with a simple white bowl and a spoon.

“I hope you're satisfied with this, I reheated the leftovers from lunch. They should still be tasty though.” She then hands you the bowl and spoon.

The contents of the bowl is a dark brown liquid. It seems to be pretty thick and you think there are chunks of something floating about. You look around for a table. You find none. You look at Marisa, she's staring at you expectantly with a goofy smile on her face. You then realize that it wouldn't be a surprise if this girl ate standing up or directly from the pot. It's probably a miracle that she has any cutlery at all. You want to sigh, but don't out of respect for your benefactor.

“Well, thank you very much.” You say as you insert the spoon into the sludge. Actually, scratch that, it's too liquid to be sludge. “I hope that you this doesn't inconvenience you too much.”
“Not at all Emi-yan. It's great to help a friend in need.” She replies in a surprisingly polite way.

Looks like you'll have to do this. You can't stall forever. You scoop up some of the liquid into the spoon. You take a smell of it first. It smells... like ink? You're not very sure. You blow on it first, hoping that it's not too hot and jam the spoonful into your mouth. You were almost expecting to hurl upon tasting it, but that's (fortunately) not the case. It's a bit bland actually. Salty though. Doesn't really taste like anything, only hinting at some unknown ingredient.

“...It's good.” You tell Marisa, giving her a thumbs up.
“Good, good, I'm glad ~ze. Eat up, eat up.” She encourages you enthusiastically.
“Aye, aye ma'am!” You concentrate on eating the soup-like meal.

When you eat a piece of whatever was floating you realize what the taste was. Mushroom. This soup tastes like diluted mushroom cream. It's not bad when you think about it and it would explain the less-than-appetizing color. You can eat the rest of it with relative ease now that you've figured out the mystery. Marisa watches as you eat up all of the soup. You were hungry so you down all of what was in the plate. This should satiate you for now. You better not forget to eat dinner as well.

Marisa takes your empty plate from you and deposits it in the kitchen. The meal was more filling than you first anticipated. You're feeling a bit tired and lazy right now. Heaven forbid that you should be required to get up right now. Marisa returns and grabs a chair. She turns it around and sits on it, placing her head on the back of the chair. The braided lock of hair slips to the front and dangles in front of the chair. Her dress is getting rather crumpled as well. She doesn't seem to care, it doesn't look like she's very comfortable but she still grins at you.

>> No. 9955
“So?” She asks you.
“So what?” You ask, confused. You already complimented the food.
“Don't be dense Emi-yan. You know what I'm talking about.”
“'fraid not.”
“Oh come on.” She puffs her cheeks a bit. “I know I'm the most beautiful, wise, powerful, and otherwise perfect girl in Gensokyo,” She takes a breath, “but there's got to be something else to your visit. I know I'm right.”
“Well...”
“Yeah, yeah! That's right! I'll help you whatever it is. If you had a fight with Alice, then you can count on me! I'll help ya out! Or maybe that's not it..hmm....” She places a hand to the side of her head. She pushes her head a bit to the side, tilting it. You try to get a word in edgewise but to no avail. She suddenly lifts up her head and straddles the chair as if she were going to hop off at any moment. “Oh Emi-yan you rascal~! But isn't it too soon!?” She dons a concerned look. “I'm not saying that I won't accept, but it just comes as a shock. It's all happening too fast, why nary a month ago my pure Alice was oblivious to all the rigors of the world, da ze!” She's getting a bit excited you can almost see her emotions coming at you in star-shaped projectile form.
“What the hell are you talking about!?” You ask confused, all the while grazing the invisible bullets.
“No need to keep it a secret. I'm trustworthy.”
“No, seriously, I have no clue what you're talking about.”
“It's okay, I understand. Alice is pregnant with your child. And you want me to be the child's godmother.” She starts to speak seriously. “Don't worry, I'll accept this most holy role with the utmost care although I do think that the two of you should tie the knot first and-”
“That's not it at all!” You exclaim. No person can be this dense. You ignore a nascent voice in your head that tells you otherwise.
“It's not?!” Marisa says in shock. “Then- is it that!?”

She suddenly blushes crimson. She clams up and looks a bit pensive.

“Umm...I'm not sure that I understand the conclusion you reached.”
“Emi-yan,” Marisa starts solemnly. Her face is a mixture of embarrassment and sadness. “I do like you... but... being asked all of a sudden. And what about Alice? I mean I know how beautiful, smart, and awesome I am, but isn't this just too cruel. I can't let you leave her just like that! Even if you are the first man to-” She doesn't conclude the sentence. You think you see tears welling up in her eyes.
“You've got it wrong!”
“But – then that's even worse! You can't have us both Emi-yan! I'm fine with it but this sort of secret affair could destroy your happiness with Alice! Think of your unborn child!”
“Dammit Marisa! Would you listen to me!?” You exclaim, completely exasperated. “I'm not asking you to have an affair with me! Nor am I married! And Alice most certainly isn't pregnant with my child! Don't be so thickheaded.” Apparently your outburst catches her by surprise. She's silent and slumps back into her chair.. “Umm... do you understand?” You use your normal tone of voice.

...

A couple of moments of awkward silence pass.

“Perfectly Emi-yan!” Marisa replies with an enthusiastic smile. “Oh gosh, it looks like I got too excited and jumped to conclusions, ~ze.” She sticks her tongue out and shows you a childish expression. She then follows up with puppy eyes. There are no traces of her previous solemn mood. “You'll find it in your heart to forgive me, right?”
“Yes, I forgive you.” You say after sighing. “Will you actually listen to me now?”
“Yup! Sure will.” Marisa nods her head rapidly. If she isn't careful she could bite her tongue like that.

...

Never mind. It's too late. You watch as she hits her chin on the back of the chair and it causes her mouth to close suddenly. She let's out a small “Ow”. This would definitely be the right time for you to dominate the conversation, while she's still recovering. You'd like to think of this incident as karma.

---
Well, since this was a write-in destination, then the questions asked should also be write-ins. Choose as many topics as you wish, and if you want even a tone of voice or inquiry might add an extra flair. Everything will be processed time-permitting. But do mind that time doesn't stop while you're talking and the normal rules governing individuals apply as always (eg: no one has infinite patience, especially if you filibuster for a whole day or if you keep going into random tangents it might get boring or tedious – like going from a GRIMDARK story to nostalgic stories about your childhood). Otherwise knock yourself out. Oh and final thing, way out of character things like attempting to inflict bodily harm on innocents is impossible, but you should probably already know that.

Until you get back to Eientei you'll pretty much be in a free-form write-in situation. And update as soon as there are enough votes. Which will probably only be a half a day from now...
>> No. 9956
[x] Alice? Alice? Where the fuck is Alice?
Not using those exact words, naturally. I just want to know where our beloved dollmaker is.
>> No. 9959
[x] (Under breath) "Serves you right".
[x] Ask if she has any idea where Alice is.
>> No. 9960
[ ] "I take you haven't seen Alice lately then." Explain the situation i.e. that's she's missing, show her the clues but only mention Eientei if she asks.
[ ] Check she hasn't been to Alice's house recently
[ ] Ask if she's noticed anything amiss lately
[ ] Suggest she should check Alice's house for anything you might have missed
>> No. 9961
[ ] "I take you haven't seen Alice lately then." Explain the situation i.e. that's she's missing, show her the clues but only mention Eientei if she asks.
[ ] Check she hasn't been to Alice's house recently
[ ] Ask if she's noticed anything amiss lately
[ ] Suggest she should check Alice's house for anything you might have missed
>> No. 9962
[X] "I take you haven't seen Alice lately then." Explain the situation i.e. that's she's missing, show her the clues but only mention Eientei if she asks.
[X] Ask if she's noticed anything amiss lately
[X] Check she hasn't been to Alice's house recently
[X] Suggest she should check Alice's house for anything you might have missed

This sounds good, though I have no idea what is meant by "only mention Eientei if she asks".
>> No. 9967
[ ] "I take you haven't seen Alice lately then." Explain the situation i.e. that's she's missing, show her the clues but only mention Eientei if she asks.
[ ] Check she hasn't been to Alice's house recently
[ ] Ask if she's noticed anything amiss lately
[ ] Suggest she should check Alice's house for anything you might have missed
>> No. 9970
[ ] "I take you haven't seen Alice lately then." Explain the situation i.e. that's she's missing, show her the clues but only mention Eientei if she asks.
[ ] Check she hasn't been to Alice's house recently
[ ] Ask if she's noticed anything amiss lately
[ ] Suggest she should check Alice's house for anything you might have missed
>> No. 9971
[ ] "I take you haven't seen Alice lately then." Explain the situation i.e. that's she's missing, show her the clues but only mention Eientei if she asks.
[ ] Check she hasn't been to Alice's house recently
[ ] Ask if she's noticed anything amiss lately
[ ] Suggest she should check Alice's house for anything you might have missed
>> No. 9972
This just occurred to me, but we might be able to score a threesome with Marisa and Alice.
>> No. 9975
>>9972

HA HA HA

THIS SHIT WILL NEVER WORK
>> No. 9976
[ x ] "I take you haven't seen Alice lately then." Explain the situation i.e. that's she's missing, show her the clues but only mention Eientei if she asks.
[ x ] Check she hasn't been to Alice's house recently
[ x ] Ask if she's noticed anything amiss lately
[ x ] Suggest she should check Alice's house for anything you might have missed
>> No. 9977
“Well,” You begin to speak whilst Marisa is still incapacitated, “first things first. I suppose you haven't seen Alice lately then.”
“Does seeing her yesterday count?” Marisa pipes in, slurring her words slightly.
“Really? Where!? When exactly was this!?” You were going to tell her what you know, but this works as well.
“Let's see...” Marisa places her chin on the backrest. “I was returning from a successful mushroom gathering expedition when I saw Alice flying by. I greeted her, but she didn't notice me. I figured she was either mad at me again for something or she was in a hurry to see you. Secret romantic encounter and all.”
“When was this?” You say, letting her speculate about your amorous affairs.
“About this time of day actually, maybe a bit later. The sky was beginning to turn red.”
“Anything else? Did she look suspicious? Was she carrying something? Anything out of the ordinary?”
“Oh Emi-yan... it's unsightly to be jealous like that, ~ze.” Marisa seems to have recovered.
“No, really. Now is not the time for that.” You try to affirm with a serious voice. “I think something might be happening with her.”

You detail some of the events of the past few days. How you've been incapable of seeing her for a while now. You mention how when you went to the house the other day she was absent, but the door was open and you found naught but a knocked-over vase and a note written in lunarian. And you mention how today you returned and found the door locked, curtains closed, and no signs of Alice at all. You bring up how you happened to find a key next to the house and you used it to gain access, and the place had also been cleaned up. You limit yourself to this, keeping more colorful theories in your head.

Marisa doesn't look that concerned. In fact it doesn't look like she believes you much. You get a feeling that she's still thinking that ridiculous 'jealousy' nonsense. You show her the note you found.

“This is lunarian text. Do you have any idea what it might have been doing at her place?” You hand her the note. She takes the note and looks at it.
“Are you sure? I probably couldn't tell if it was lunarian or not but...”
“But?”
“Well, I went to Eientei when they had that last public display of lunarian technology. I was bored and in the neighborhood.” She shrugs, as if convincing herself that that was the reason. “Anyways, a bunch of neat stuff. I thought that I could maybe use some of it to make myself even more awesome. But they had really good security.”

Did she just admit that she tried to steal artifacts right from under the noses of Eientei? At a public showing as well? You hold in the urge to rebuke her.

“There were a bunch of books from their society as well.” She recalls with a bored look on her face. “The contents were boring, probably because I couldn't read them. But the books were cool. The text moved, images popped up and changed, all sorts of neat stuff. But I guess that they don't go through all that effort for a single note, huh?”
“Probably not.” You say, taking the note back. You change the subject. “So, uh, you haven't been to her house lately?”
“Nope, I only go when I have something I need from her.” She plainly says. “Emi-yan, you're turning greener and greener with each passing moment you know. I'm not going to steal her from you.”

You ignore that comment. You don't particularly feel like egging her on right now.

“Have you noticed something amiss? Like in general. Not just with Alice maybe.” If you don't lead like this, she'll just steer the conversation into the ground.
“This is Gensokyo. Something is always amiss.”
“...right. But anything big or that's been bothering you?”
“Yes. There is one thing, now that I think about it.” Marisa surprises you by using a more serious tone.
“What is it? Does it have to do with Alice?”
“As a matter of fact, it does.”

You can feel your chest tightening. This might be something. You even stop breathing for a moment to hear what she has to say.

“It's quite big now that I think about it.” Marisa reflects thoughtfully. “Yeah, Alice and I...”
Alice and you...?” You follow her words carefully.
“...Well. It's simple. She hasn't shared any details at all on how things are going with you. Like how far you've gotten and how she feels about it, and all that. It's only right that as her closest friend I'm made privy to that sort of juicy information, ze?”

The first snowfall of the year. The soothing sound of a waterfall. You try to fill your mind with these soothing stimuli. Now, you're not a violent man. But if you didn't picture things like these you might have sprung up from your seat and strangled the girl sitting in front of you. Or maybe even inflicted grievous bodily harm upon yourself. There's no telling how you would have snapped. Luckily, the meditation sessions might have helped you cope with rising stress. This is what you tell yourself as you count to one hundred before blowing your stack.

“Ahaha, I'll be sure to tell Alice you feel that way.” You put on your best fake smile. “That is if I ever find her again.”
“Wow, you're so kind Emi-yan.” Marisa says with a bright smile.
“I try my best.”

You cool off during the course of the next five minutes. The two of you just stare at each other with ridiculous-looking smiles. If a third party were present, they might think that you two were insane.

“Anyhoo~” You say, maintaining that smile, “It wouldn't hurt if you took a look around her house. See if you feel that it's suspicious as well.”
“Look around her house? She doesn't have anything interesting there.” She says with a bored look. This only lasts a brief moment. She grins from ear to ear all of a sudden. “Say, do you know about that?”
“That?”
“Oh, you don't know? I would have thought that by know you would know her bedroom quite intimately, ~ze.”
“Stop assuming these things!” You yell out, half angry and half embarrassed. A part of you is amazed at how loose and liberated she is when it comes to talking about this crap.
“Oh man, this is great.” Marisa springs up from her chair. In a blur she's moved to right next to you and tugs your arm violently.
>> No. 9978
You're more or less forced out of your seat. Before you know it, you're being dragged with incredible force out of the house. Marisa has a devilish look on her face and is leading you somewhere.

“Where are we going!?”
“Why, to Alice's place! Where else?” Marisa cheerfully replies.

You have no chance to escape this almost superhuman pull. You cave and allow yourself to be spirited away back to Alice's house. Marisa's steps are too noisy and she's way to chatty for you to tell if this place was as silent as before. When you get to the door, she forces you to open it with your key. She bolts up the stairs, still dragging you with her. She dumps you in front of Alice's bedroom and proceeds inside by herself.

“What are you doing?” You ask, feeling a bit dazed.
“You'll see.” Marisa replies from within.
“Aren't you invading her privacy?!”
“Who cares! She can mess with my stuff as much as she wants in return!”

That's not a very good deal.

After a few moments of what seems to be, at best, ransacking and, at worst, complete destruction Marisa emerges from the chamber. She's holding in her arms various dolls. You saw some of them from the distance. They were lying on the bed.

“See!? Look at these!” Marisa dumps the whole lot on you.
“What the hell are so special about these? Alice has a lot of dolls. These are just soft and squishy.”
“No, look at them closely.” She picks up one of the dolls and shoves it in front of your face.

It's dressed in mostly black. It has several spots of white, maybe an undershirt or something. It's wearing a small pointy hat as well. It has soft golden hair as well. This doll strikes you as familiar. It's only when you note the simple but wide grin that the doll has plastered. It's the same grin that is being beamed down on you by Marisa.

“Wait...! This isn't?!”
“Yup!” Marisa seems to be content. “It's me!”
“Why would you be a doll?”
“Simple!” She answers like one of the few enthusiastic students that you have. “Alice makes dolls of some of the people that she knows. There's a bunch of them there, right?” She points to the pile that you're holding. “The ones that she likes the most, she sleeps with. The rest are dispersed throughout the room.”

You take a quick glance through the dolls. There's only one or two that you recognize. There rest – A petite (even for a doll) blond girl with 'wings' that have jewels of different colors, a blue haired girl with an icy-looking complexion and others are unknown to you. They're varied in looks, complexion, and other details. The only thing that there's in common is the fact that they're all female.

“So, what's the point?” You ask. “Why did you have to bring me here to show me all of this. It's cute, sure, but I'm sure that she would have shown me eventually. I like this sort of stuff too, you know.”

Her already wide grin gets even wider. Perhaps to an impossible extent. She's got a nice set of teeth. Nice and powerful-looking. Hard not to notice with all these toothy grins.

“Well. Like I said. She places them throughout her room, depending on how much she likes them.”
“And?” Less cryptic, more blunt. That's what you think.
“Well, my doll is on the bed, but more of a decoration. Better off still than, say, this lil' lady.” She picks a doll with green hair and what resembles a miko's outfit. “Guess what I found on her pillowcase?”
“Enlighten me.”

Marisa takes out a hidden doll from her sleeve. It takes you a moment to recognize it. After all, since all of the other dolls were female you had expected this one to follow the trend. But no, instead, a kimono-clad handsome devil stares back at you. Even in doll form you look good.

“Hey, that's me!” You emit the most obvious reaction.
“That's right!” Marisa claps a bit like a game show presenter. “And the fact that it was on her pillowcase probably means that she sleeps with it, hugging it tightly.”
“Your point being?” You say, knowing the obvious implications here.
“Hmm... I wonder what it is...” Marisa replies dumbly. She then grabs the dolls and chucks them all onto Alice's bed. “Anyways, let's get going. She'll probably get mad if she sees me showing you all of this.”

Marisa starts to drag you out of the house again. She is overlooking the fact that Alice will still notice the fact that all of her dolls have been haphazardly thrown onto the bed. You have no choice in the matter, but you still lock up before leaving. Marisa makes you follow her back to her house. In your dicking around, you've spent more time with Marisa than you realized. The sun will set in maybe an hour, hour and a half tops. That's plenty of time to get anywhere that you know of within daylight.

“Well, I've really got to clean my shop. You're welcome to help me out if you want.” Marisa tells you. “In fact, it might be a fair payment for the food and information that I freely shared with you.”

Hey, the food was okay, but the information was sketchy. You, of course, keep these thoughts to yourself. When she wants something she's aggressive. And the last thing you want is to be dragged to god-knows-where to do god-knows-what.
-----
Write-in time again!

>>9960
Scorn! You're alive! I missed you.
>>9971
Updates where? I already voted as well so don't try that angle on me.
>>9972
Fly high, wings of wax, the sun, fall in to the ocean, etc.

Oh and it took me a while to write this because of crappy sleeping patterns. But in general the faster you vote, the faster I get to write and not marathon 90s sitcoms.
>> No. 9979
>“In fact, it might be a fair payment for the food and information that I freely shared with you.”

[x] Tell Marisa you need to get to the Scarlet Devil Mansion today; you can help her, but she'll have to fly you there if it gets too late.
>> No. 9980
[X] Tell Marisa she'll have to take a raincheck on that, it's getting late and there's still a lot you have to do.

If we're going to the SDM, we might want to book it there and do whatever we need to as quickly as possible. Unless we have Alice with us, I don't think we really want to be there come nightfall.

We still should also try to prepare to patch things up with Keine, if need be. At the very least, do something to make up for our being absent.
>> No. 9982
>>9980
>If we're going to the SDM, we might want to book it there and do whatever we need to as quickly as possible. Unless we have Alice with us, I don't think we really want to be there come nightfall.

It's fairly close to the village, and they do take in strangers overnight, canonically.

>We still should also try to prepare to patch things up with Keine, if need be. At the very least, do something to make up for our being absent.

There's nothing to patch up; our doctor told us we nearly died as a result of stress, so we took a day off.
>> No. 9985
>>It's fairly close to the village, and they do take in strangers overnight, canonically.

Canonically, so does Alice, yet in both cases the people staying overnight tend to find themselves not wanting to stay for one reason or another.

Setting that aside, do you honestly believe that sending a fuck-up prone idiot with severe ADD, a tendency to pass out and/or injure himself at inopportune moments, and who currently seems to be suffering from the occasional bouts of paranoia and hallucinations into a mansion populated by a maid that has already shown herself to be hostile towards us and a pair of HAX-powered vampire lolis who could reduce us to little more than a smudge on the floor in the blink of an eye at a time when those individuals are most active (and powerful) anything remotely resembling a good idea?

Even if by some miracle Shirou doesn't wind up pissing someone off and getting knifed, Gungnir'd, or flat-out atomized to death, he's shown himself to have a fairly weak constitution, and unlike Eientei there is no infirmary or doctor at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. If he winds up hurting himself like he has elsewhere, he's pretty much fucked.

>>There's nothing to patch up; our doctor told us we nearly died as a result of stress, so we took a day off.

And spent it roaming around outside doing things like challenging an immortal to a wrestling match. Even if Mokou said she wouldn't say anything, there's no guarantee that someone else didn't spot us or something. If we get off scot-free, great, but there's nothing wrong with being prepared just in case.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure," and all that.
>> No. 9990
>>9985

You are everything that is wrong with ELA.
>> No. 9995
>>9990
Oh, come on now. Everything?
Give credit where it's due.
>> No. 10001
>>9978
I've been reading Teruyo, just haven't had the time to vote as of late. I'm still behind in most of the longer running stories, only just caught up with yours lately.
>> No. 10010
Updates please
>> No. 10011
>>10010

I see two votes cast so far and they're both for a different thing. What the hell, man. What the hell.
>> No. 10012
>>10010
See
>>10011
There's not much I can do. Because of lack of votes I find myself creating elaborate fortresses for my dwarves. Last one ended up with most of my dorfs going insane and killing one another. Only a single miner survived with his mind intact. Awesome times.

So yeah, if it were up to me I'd be writing like the motherfucking fist of the north star.
>> No. 10013
[x] Tell Marisa you need to get to the Scarlet Devil Mansion today; you can help her, but she'll have to fly you there if it gets too late.

Eh. Sakuya's more likely to be around and personable while her Mistress is awake, so going there at night isn't so terrible an idea. Besides, if Alice isn't home, the most likely place she'd be is at the Library.
>> No. 10014
[x] Tell Marisa you need to get to the Scarlet Devil Mansion today; you can help her, but she'll have to fly you there if it gets too late.
>> No. 10016
[X] Tell Marisa you need to get to the Scarlet Devil Mansion today; you can help her, but she'll have to fly you there if it gets too late.

Eh, fuck it. Let's just get on with it.
>> No. 10017
[X] Tell Marisa you need to get to the Scarlet Devil Mansion today; you can help her, but she'll have to fly you there if it gets too late.

Hmmmm, let the man write walls!
>> No. 10024
Expect an update soon. Maybe an hour or so more. I just got caught up by untimely real-life business and obligations. It won't be that long of an update either since I'm still going with free write-ins until Eientei.
>> No. 10028
“Alright I'll help you out.” You tell Marisa. But you offer a conditional. “There's one thing I need to ask in return. I've got to go to the Scarlet Devil Mansion before it gets too late. Do you think you can give me a ride? I'll clean all you want.”
“Sure. No problem.” She replies straight away. It looks like she considers cleaning up more of a burden than taking you somewhere. “Let's get to it!”

Marisa leads the way inside. She throws a broom at you, catching you off guard. Despite her small-looking physique, she's got some real power in her body. You sweep the floors while Marisa takes care of rearranging things on the shelves. Sweeping is easier said than done. Dust isn't your main opponent here, it's grime. This kind of dirt is only possible with systematic neglect. Has she ever cleaned properly before? You decide that you don't want to know the answer and you keep your trap shut.

You slave away cleaning her shop. You even take the initiative and ask for a damp cloth to better aid your difficult labor. You're given a filthy rag. Something that you would feel uncomfortable using on sewage; it'd only make things even worse. You just grit your teeth and sweep as hard as you can. And after that, you're asked to dust. It's only about halfway through that that you realize that Marisa is pretty much doing nothing. Since you depend on her to get you quickly to your destination, you don't say anything, and you just do a sloppy job. After what seems an eternity (but in reality was just around an hour), you're done.

Marisa congratulates on a job well done. You'd rather not remember her exact words of compliment. It would just make you mad again. So you just badger her on keeping her end of the bargain. You open her front door and see that the sky is a deep orange. The sun disappears on the other side of the lake over the hills somewhere. It'll be dark soon.

With the same devil-may-care attitude she grabs a broom, a much nicer looking one at that. And as in the past she makes you hop on. It still amazes you how this thing can hold a person, let alone two. Acceleration is abrupt, and you soar in the sky at (likely) unsafe speeds. The plus side to this reckless endangerment is that you reach your destination quickly. In fact, in between you clenching your teeth and closing your eyes, it just felt like a few moments passed. It wasn't that bad, it was just like going downhill on a roller coaster, except with little-to-none in the way of safety precautions.

“This is as far as I'll go.” Marisa tells you as she sets down about fifty meters from the front gate. “I'm not that welcome here, ~ze.”
“That's fine.” You say weakly. You hadn't realized just how shook up you were. You get off her broom and start to walk towards the mansion.
“Well, good luck Emi-yan! Don't stay out too late!” Marisa leaves in a flash. All you feel is a gust of wind coming from behind you and her voice trailing off. You wonder just how fast she can go on that thing.

Staring at you from the gate, is a familiar figure clad in green. You can feel her intense gaze from all the way over here. You hope that you didn't wake her up with all the ruckus that Marisa created. That girl tends to liven up everywhere she goes. Not that that's always a good thing. You wave at the gate guard as you walk towards her. You're relieved to see that the figure waves back at you, quite energetically to boot. It feels nice to see her like this again. It's been several weeks since you last saw her.

The orange glow of the setting sun makes her hair look all the more fair, and it seems to glow softly. You wait until you're close to her before you say anything.

---
Write-in again. Be as specific or as vague as you want. Probably writing in more details might be beneficial. You'll only get more choices when you get back to Eientei.

I feel tempted to give anon advice, but despite what is happening, I feel it's more interesting if you work this out yourselves.
>> No. 10029
>Be as specific or as vague as you want. Probably writing in more details might be beneficial.

[x] "Good evening Miss Meiling! Forgive me if I skip the pleasantries, as your boss may be watching, and it's getting on in the day."
[x] "I have three orders of business: Firstly I am looking for Alice Margatroid, the dollmaker; have you seen her recently? Perhaps visiting the library?"
[x] "Secondly, I need to ask the head maid's opinion on a potentially very dangerous matter."
[x] "Third, I have need of your Library, assuming the Head Librarian will suffer my presence."
[x] "Given that it's near sundown, and your Mistress should be awake or waking, may I enter the mansion grounds, head door-guard Hong Meiling?"
>> No. 10030
[x] "Good evening Miss Meiling! Forgive me if I skip the pleasantries, as your boss may be watching, and it's getting on in the day."
[x] "I have three orders of business: Firstly I am looking for Alice Margatroid, the dollmaker; have you seen her recently? Perhaps visiting the library?"
[x] "Secondly, I need to ask the head maid's opinion on a potentially very dangerous matter."
[x] "Third, I have need of your Library, assuming the Head Librarian will suffer my presence."
[x] "Given that it's near sundown, and your Mistress should be awake or waking, may I enter the mansion grounds, head door-guard Hong Meiling?"

Get this thing rolling
>> No. 10031
where is Kaguya...
>> No. 10032
>>10031
Oh hey, I was just looking at that image a moment ago.
>> No. 10033
[X] "Good evening Miss Meiling! Forgive me if I skip the pleasantries, as your boss may be watching, and it's getting on in the day."
[X] "I have three orders of business: Firstly I am looking for Alice Margatroid, the dollmaker; have you seen her recently? Perhaps visiting the library?"
[X] "Secondly, I need to ask the head maid's opinion on a potentially very dangerous matter."
[X] "Third, I have need of your Library, assuming the Head Librarian will suffer my presence."
[X] "Given that it's near sundown, and your Mistress should be awake or waking, may I enter the mansion grounds, head door-guard Hong Meiling?"

We've seen Anons that excelled at dealing with Flan, and Anons that utterly failed at it.

Which will Shirou be, I wonder?
>> No. 10034
>>where is Kaguya...

There is no Kaguya, only Zuul.
>> No. 10037
[X] "Good evening Miss Meiling! Forgive me if I skip the pleasantries, as your boss may be watching, and it's getting on in the day."
[X] "I have three orders of business: Firstly I am looking for Alice Margatroid, the dollmaker; have you seen her recently? Perhaps visiting the library?"
[X] "Secondly, I need to ask the head maid's opinion on a potentially very dangerous matter."
[X] "Third, I have need of your Library, assuming the Head Librarian will suffer my presence."
[X] "Given that it's near sundown, and your Mistress should be awake or waking, may I enter the mansion grounds, head door-guard Hong Meiling?"

Very formal sounding write-in, is the dapper leaking from Harker?
>> No. 10044
>>10037
You won't hear me complaining much. Although it is a bit boring if everyone just conforms without adding their own touches or convincing others of their own ideas. Still, it's nice enough. That's what's important.

Alas, I meant to break this silly once-per-day update cycle. But the votes took a while and I'm dog-tired right now. So I'll post an update first thing when I get up. Which should be in only but a few hours. Who knows, a discerning voice might speak up as well (or not, just saying this for the sake of acting mysterious and all-knowing).
>> No. 10045
[x] get close to china, grab her waist, pull her back and kiss her deeply
[x] one choice back

but for real, what others said.
>> No. 10055
"Good evening Miss Meiling! Forgive me if I skip the pleasantries, as your boss may be watching, and it's getting on in the day." You greet Meiling as nicely as possible, it comes off as slightly odd – given your unexpected formality. Still, the gate guard recognizes your earnest motives and greets you in kind. You let her at least greet you back before you continue.

The first thing that you mention is Alice. You ask Meiling if she's seen her around in the past few days.

“Yes I've seen her.” Her voice is strangely calm and soothing. Or so you think as you listen to her. It reminds you somewhat of a veteran tourism guide giving out indications. “She last came to visit around noon yesterday. I was told to expect her beforehand.”
“Do you have any idea as to the nature of her business?”
“I'm afraid not. I don't inquire about the guests we're told to expect.”
“Fair enough. Do you happen to know how long she stayed? I apologize if you're not supposed to discuss this type of information.”
“Oh don't worry about it.” She takes off her green cap and smiles at you. “Miss Margatroid was here for only a brief moment of time. If you don't mind my saying so,” she lowers her voice a bit, “she looked like she was in an awful hurry.”
“Ah, thank you for telling me.”

Although you're curious as to why Alice would be in a rush, you decide not to ask Meiling any more questions about it. You remember that fussy maid that you met last time you were here. Well, she was more than just fussy, and you have no doubt that she would not take too kindly at seeing Meiling chatting away so eagerly. It might be best to go to the source here. You state your second order of business.

“I need to ask the head maid's opinion on a potentially very dangerous matter. Do you think you could arrange it so I could speak to her?”
“I apologize,” Meiling gives you a small bow, “but I'm afraid that now would not be a good moment to speak to her. I believe she is likely attending to our mistress' personal needs at this time.” She adds another line. Likely as a result of your determined look. “If you wish, I could inquire nonetheless...”
“That won't be necessary.” You say. “If she's unavailable right now, I'll just wait.”

You don't think it wise to bother that maid too much. It's clear that she doesn't think much of you. So you instead bring up your third order of business. You mention how you would like to go to the library, if possible. You ask if it would be possible to go inside now, since it's getting dark.

As before, she politely listens to you. She then tells you that she's going to check if that would be alright and goes to the front door. Her work ethic seems to be very strong. Despite the accusations and circumstantial evidence, you think that she does a good job. Even though you're on good terms with her, that doesn't stop her from being professional, courteous, and warm. She's serious when it comes to business. You wouldn't mind if more doormen were this nice elsewhere.

Meiling opens the front door and speaks to someone within. Because of the distance, you can't make out what they're talking about. She closes the door again and turns to you. She smiles at you, seemingly telling you that everything is going to be fine. After a few moments, the door opens again. Someone speaks to Meiling again and she nods her head. She then comes back to you.

“You may head inside now if you wish. Apparently you were expected. I apologize that I wasn't aware about this sir.” She apologizes to you. It makes you feel a bit uncomfortable.
“Don't worry about it. I didn't even know I was expected.” You try to pass it off as a joke to hide your bewilderment. And you curtail another habit of hers as you walk towards the mansion. “Oh and Meiling, don't call me 'sir'.”

She should know better. Considering what happened last time you were here. Still, you thank her for all of her help as you are allowed access into the mansion. You tell her that you'll see her later. She watches you speechless with that serious gaze of hers. Whatever misgivings she had, she's keeping to herself.

Luckily for you, you're not alone once you walk in through that door. A young, waifish-looking maid greets you. She bows her head and tells you in an almost inaudible voice to follow her. The insides of the mansion are very dark. There aren't that many windows and the little sunlight that filters in is weak and redder than usual. Everything seems to look different from the last time that you were here. Then again, you weren't really paying that much attention to the décor.

The maid herself blends in naturally with the environment. If you took your eyes off of her for more than a moment, you'd no doubt lose her. You wonder where they get these French-style uniforms here in Gensokyo. Maybe they made them themselves. As you ponder this, you realize that you've been going down a very steady slope. It would seem that you're at your destination. Instead of stepping inside of the library however, you're led to a small room just adjacent to the great hall. The maid tells you to go inside and bows slightly.

This room seems to be similar to an office. There's a single desk that dominates the room and several chairs and books cluttering the small space. There's a distinctive damp smell here. The room is illuminated from an unseen source, you can't determine where the light is coming from, it seems to be coming from all points at once without overwhelming you. Behind the desk is someone you met the first time you were here. Her hair drapes onto the book that she's reading. When you come in closer she closes the book and stares at you.

“Please, take a seat.” She tells you with a very soft voice. It's not that her voice is low in volume, but just that her words seem to have no edge to them. It's as if every time she spoke her words would come out riding invisible clouds of fluff. Silly, yes, but it's the best way that you can describe it.

You take a seat on a chair opposite her.

“I was told that I was being expected. I wasn't aware of it myself.” You tell her candidly.
“Indeed. It was only a matter of time before you showed up here again.” She chooses her words carefully, taking a slight pause. “With things the way that they are, it was inevitable.”
“...I see. Then you know why I'm here?”
“Perhaps. However, it's best to ask regardless. Why did you come here? And what is it that you are looking for?”
“What's the point in asking a question to which you already know the answer?” You ask her.
“Just because you know an answer, it doesn't mean that others do.” Her words strike you as strangely cryptic. You get the feeling that she's not very good at expressing herself to other people.

[] Yet another write-in goes in here (is it easy for you to make up your mind?)
>> No. 10064
[] I came here seeking answers. Is someone trying to manipulate me behind the scenes, and to what end? And where is Alice?
>> No. 10065
[] I came here seeking answers. Is someone trying to manipulate me behind the scenes, and to what end? And where is Alice?
>> No. 10067
[] I came here seeking answers. Is someone trying to manipulate me behind the scenes, and to what end? And where is Alice?

Remember those books we were given on our last visit inside? Perhaps it would be a good idea to inquire a little more about them?
Just a thought.
>> No. 10068
[x] I came here seeking answers. Is someone trying to manipulate me behind the scenes, and to what end? And where is Alice?
[x] You wouldn't happen have a Lunarian dictionary in your collection would you? I need to translate some notes I have written in it.

>>10067
Honestly, I don't even remember them.

[x] Inventory
>> No. 10069
Inventory:

Albion
Bloody note
Booze God's Pendant
Clothes
Gourd
Hot-glue gun
Laser Pointer
Marisa's Liquor bottle
Magic 'flying' dust
Note written in Lunarian
Ornate key
PDA
Some money

This is the stuff that you're carrying. The books are cumbersome (as in, won't fit in your infinitly-deep pockets so you have to carry them in your hands) and they're still in your room back in Eientei.

They were:
Accidental Death of an Anarchist - Dario Fo
The Art of War - Sun Tzu
>> No. 10070
[] I came here seeking answers. Is someone trying to manipulate me behind the scenes, and to what end? And where is Alice?
>> No. 10072
[x] Use Booze God's Pendant on Gourd.
[x] Use Hotglue Gun on Albion.
>> No. 10073
Don't know a thing about Fo, but some tidbits from "The Art of War" seem much more relevant to us now than they did before.

>>All warfare is based on deception.

>>Bring war material with you from home, but forage on the enemy... use the conquered foe to augment one's own strength.

>>We cannot enter into alliances until we are acquainted with the designs of our neighbors.

>>Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

>>If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
>> No. 10074
>[x] Use Booze God's Pendant on Gourd
The cheaply made pendant doesn't react at all when in close proximity to the gourd.
>[x] Use Hotglue Gun on Albion
This is neither the time nor place for that. Not that you'd hotglue a doll with whom you've developed an emotional attachment.

I'm going to wait a bit more before writing. Giving a chance for any newcommers to potentially strike gold. I'm not a fan of people always consenting to a single choice.
>> No. 10076
[} I came here to proclaim my undying love for you.

JUST KIDDING.

Seriously, though:

[X] "I came here to try to find answers, or at least some information. Weird things keep happening to and around me, someone seems to be watching me and seems to want me to know that they're watching me, and I can't shake the feeling that my host and best friend is hiding something from me. I guess you could say I'm looking for the truth, and this is the only place I could think of that might be able to help me find it. Even if you guys have no reason to be honest with me, I figure you don't have any reason to be dishonest with me, either.

Oh yeah, and I've been worried about Alice. I'm looking for her, too."
>> No. 10078
[X] hey Patche, do you know if there's any tea left at the library?

ok, srsly

[X] I'm lookin for this girl, blonde, short hair, probably wearing a blue dress, you know of her? i need to find her quick or someone might get hurt.
>> No. 10082
>>10074
HOTGLUE THAT DOLL
>> No. 10083
“I came here seeking answers. I'm afraid that I don't know myself what those answers are.” You shrug slightly. “I guess I'm a bit lost.”
“Don't worry.” She makes a weak attempt at a smile. She's not very good at acting empathic. “I gave my word that I'd assist you if I could. Even if it is a bit of a waste of time. Still, it never hurts to have people owing favors.”
“I was wondering if anyone is trying to manipulate me behind the scenes, and to what end.”
“That would be a logical concern from what I've been told. Let me tell you straight away then.” A dramatic pause. Well, it feels like an eternity to you before she utters the next phrase. “You are being manipulated.”

The truth plainly stated. You can feel that your bouts of paranoia are being justified even as this conversation progresses.

“But – and this is important,” She carries on with a seemingly uninterested attitude, “you must realize the situation that you are in.”
“And just what that be?” You ask, hoping to get her opinion.
“You are an outsider in Gensokyo.”
“Not the first, I presume?” You recall some idle talk between your students, you're definitely not the first.
“Indeed. And as such, that means a couple of things. That it's likely that you did not come here by chance. And even if you did, you do not wish to leave.” She coughs a bit. “But most importantly that at least someone has taken interest in you. I do not engage in these pointless games, but if you were truly being left alone you would be living among the other humans, cowering at the beasts that inhabit this land.”
“So who is it that's messing with me?”
“I don't know. Nor does she know either. That's why everything has been covered in secrecy. When disaster strikes someone in Gensokyo it's either by fault of his own or because of the powerful beings that live here.” She smiles again, this time it looks more authentic. It must be because of the confused look on your face. “Looking for clues has already turned up much. Sometimes you can tell who's behind everything because of the lack of information. And in this case we have a complete lack of information about the ongoings at your own residence. Everyone else has been forthcoming in their own way.”
“So you're saying that someone at Eientei is out to get me?”
“Maybe. I'm just saying that they're keeping a lot to themselves. At the very least they don't plan to challenge the establishment here or do anything of the sort.”
“How can you be so sure?”
“Well,” She turns away, looking at her book again, “the powers that be would have found out already if that were the case. Nothing too big remains a secret. Even slight disturbances can bring great repercussions, just ask the shrine maiden.:

So in fact, you've been told that whatever is happening to you has exclusively to do with Eientei and its residents. You're relieved that god-knows-what isn't toying with you if you are to take her words as gospel. You guess you'll just have to ask Alice for more details. This girl looks like she's drained from just talking to you. Constitution is definitely not her forte.

“And what about Alice, where is she? I heard that she came here yesterday.”
“It took you a while to mention her. But I guess that's to be expected. It does give me perspective to some of the knowledge she's shared about you in any case.”
“Do you know where she is?”
“She was pouring over several tomes yesterday looking for validation for her theories yesterday.”
“That was then, how about now?” You can feel yourself worrying all the more about her.
“I do believe that she said she needed some time to muse over some of her findings. She left late at night yesterday. She claimed that she was going to meet with you if possible, as a matter of fact.”
“She didn't. I haven't seen her for a few days now.”
“That's a shame.” She reads from her book a bit more. She's completely apathetic about the situation.

You feel a bit distressed. A part of you wants to walk up to her and grab the book out of her hands, and another feels that she might be your only lead to Alice's whereabouts. Not that that's the only recourse available to you nor have you exhausted your options. Still, you can't take it easy like this.
-----
Write-in yet again.

Oh and this update should have been here hours ago, but I guess excuses are no good anyways. What's the point?
>> No. 10084
[X] Trace on!
>> No. 10086
can it be hotglue time now?
>> No. 10088
[X] Ask if there's any way to find or contact Alice. Mention the two times you went to her house, alone, what you noticed and/or found (the vase, the note, the key, etc.) and that at least one of those times a rabbit might have been watching you.

[X] Ask about why anyone in Eientei would be doing all of this. What would they have to gain from bringing you in from the outside and manipulating you like this? As she said, it all seems rather pointless.
>> No. 10089
[X] Ask if there's any way to find or contact Alice. Mention the two times you went to her house, alone, what you noticed and/or found (the vase, the note, the key, etc.) and that at least one of those times a rabbit might have been watching you.
>> No. 10091
[X] Ask if there's any way to find or contact Alice. Mention the two times you went to her house, alone, what you noticed and/or found (the vase, the note, the key, etc.) and that at least one of those times a rabbit might have been watching you.
>> No. 10092
[X] Thank her for lending you those books, then engage her in a discussion about the works of Dario Fo.
>> No. 10094
[+] Ask about what Alice was researching. You might turn up a clue if you know.
[+] Ask if there's any way to find or contact Alice. Mention the two times you went to her house, alone, what you noticed and/or found (the vase, the note, the key, etc.) and that at least one of those times a rabbit might have been watching you.
[+] Ask about why anyone in Eientei would be doing all of this. What would they have to gain from bringing you in from the outside and manipulating you like this? As she said, it all seems rather pointless.

Added one for information purposes.
>> No. 10099
>>10094
>>Added one for information purposes.

More information is good, but it might not hurt to consider the source. Not that I'm saying we can't trust Patchouli, but...

>>This girl looks like she's drained from just talking to you. Constitution is definitely not her forte.

She's already getting drained from just this much conversation, so she probably won't be up for any particularly long explanations. We would do well to keep this in mind, and limit our questions to her accordingly. Namely, keep them focused on things that only she would be able to answer for us, and if you HAVE to ask about anything else, ask in such a way that allows her to answer in short, simple answers. We don't want her cutting our meeting short because she's coughing up a lung or something, after all.
>> No. 10100
[x] Ask about what Alice was researching. You might turn up a clue if you know.
[x] Ask if there's any way to find or contact Alice. Mention the two times you went to her house, alone, what you noticed and/or found (the vase, the note, the key, etc.) and that at least one of those times a rabbit might have been watching you.
>> No. 10101
>>10099
Maybe you're right, but three questions seems like a good number.
>> No. 10102
>>10101
Oh, I agree. It's just something to keep in mind if there's anything else someone might want to add.
>> No. 10111
I've been out most of the day and haven't time to write. And on top of that I'm feeling a bit under the weather; I've got the chills and a splitting headache. I'll try to drudge up an update, but I think I might as well collapse into bed in a little while.
>> No. 10113
“Is there any way to contact Alice?” This is no time to lose your cool. You should just make the best of this situation and continue to ask the librarian questions. Even though you're beginning to doubt just how much she can be of use to you, it can't hurt to probe just in case.
“Likely there is not.” Her reply is plain. She continues to read her book a bit more, ignoring you.

You stare at her, hoping that she'll continue at any moment. Your belief proves to be correct. She does add something else. Maybe it takes her a while to organize her thoughts?

“There only a handful of ways to instantaneously communicate over large distances here in Gensokyo. I, unfortunately, do not possess either the magical artifacts nor the innate abilities to do so.” You think for a brief moment that her wording is a bit odd. You could've sworn that she placed undue emphasis on the word 'abilities'. “There is almost no possibility of acquiring said aids any time soon either. And that isn't even considering that most of these methods require the other person to have a similar artifact or ability.”
“But don't you know of any way, besides instantaneous communication to contact her?”
“If I did, I would have mentioned it.” How she says that rubs you in the wrong way. You can't help but feel that she's being a bit snide.
“Well, I'm just worried. I haven't seen her at home for a few days now.”

You mention the two times you've gone. Patchouli tears herself apart from her book to listen closely. She doesn't actually stop looking at her book, but you can tell that she's concentrating on the sound of your voice. That might just be intuition talking. You detail the things that you saw. The note you found the first time along with the knocked-over vase. The other things that bothered you that day. And how the second time you found a key that unlocked the door right behind you. How it all seemed to have been set up. Since she doesn't say anything, you make sure to tell her everything down to the last mundane detail. You do get a strange reaction from her when you mention the rabbit that you saw.

Her figure begins to shake. It's a soft and delicate motion, much like the sound that she emits. You don't register right away the fact that she's laughing. It's such a small and unassuming sound that even a small breeze would drown it out. When she notices that you're staring at her dumbfounded she covers her mouth with her hand and extinguishes the noise.

“I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?” You thought she was listening seriously.
“Not at all. I should be the one to apologize. I just found your description of a small animal such as that staring at you humorous.”
“Is that so?” You ask dubiously.
“Well, rabbits aside, couldn't all of that just be a coincidence?” She tells you while brushing off your question. “Alice was here yesterday and I was under the impression that she had gone to her house that very day. Couldn't it all have been set up by her? I do not like to idly speculate, but the note is likely just a part of whatever she was researching. Indeed it's best not to assume that it's just a benign misunderstanding, but it's also dangerous to assume the worst.”

You organize your thoughts a bit. It doesn't seem like she can help you much in matters regarding Alice. Well at least communication and her current whereabouts seem to be a no-go.

“Do you have any idea why someone at Eientei would be out to get me?”
“You mean potential reasons why they'd even bother to play around with you if they wanted?” She clarifies your question by asking another question. It annoys you for some reason.
“Indeed.”
“Who knows?”
“That's it? No insight?”
“I dislike dealing with hypotheticals.”
“...” Her reason leaves you a bit speechless. You would think she'd give you a better reason.
“You seem... unsatisfied with my answer.” She states the obvious. “I'm afraid that it's most difficult to tell what other people are thinking. And in the case of your patrons, they've been active for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Even with all the information I have read about magic, machines, even things like exotic creatures or lunarian civilization, I could never hope to even think like one who has lived centuries longer than I have. Nor match their knowledge.”

There's a bit of zeal to her speech. So much, in fact, that she coughs a bit as she says her final few words. You think that any mention of what she's been doing all of these years is exciting enough for her. Her last few words remind you of a certain lunarian that you know. A doctor who has lived many a lifetime in the pursuit of knowledge. It's probably no coincidence.

She seems to be looking behind you now. You turn around but don't see anything. It looks like she's expecting something. You try to read her expression but her face has a stoic presentation. Well, almost. There are small traces of red tones where blood has flowed to her neck and face from the coughing. A natural rouge. As you're staring at her, you have to fight in order not to yawn. It looks like she's not the only one that gets tired easily just from having a conversation.
----
There, despite everything I managed to update. Write-ins again. Although it's interesting to see where you go without my 'advice' (in the form of options or other 'subtle' hints) you musn't get carried away at your new power. If you recall you've always been able to do write-ins it just wasn't always beneficial to get too carried away as you might recall.

Yeah, probably no update until I sleep my ailments off. But that should mean that at least several of you will vote.

Oh, and one last thing. The omission of images is intentional. Not because I'm too lazy.
>> No. 10114
[X] Ask if she's alright, and if there's anything you can do for her.
[X] Ask if there's anything at all she would advise you to do.
[X] Thank her for her time, and excuse yourself.

I think she's ready for us to leave.
>> No. 10115
[ゆ] Ask if she's alright, and if there's anything you can do for her.
[ゆ] Ask if there's anything at all she would advise you to do.
[ゆ] Thank her for her time, and excuse yourself.
>> No. 10119
[!] Ask if she's alright, and if there's anything you can do for her.
[!] Ask if there's anything at all she would advise you to do.
[!] Thank her for her time, and excuse yourself.
>> No. 10128
[X] Ask if she's alright, and if there's anything you can do for her.
[X] Ask if there's anything at all she would advise you to do.
[X] Thank her for her time, and excuse yourself.
>> No. 10129
>>I think she's ready for us to leave.

Or perhaps not.
Patchy's the type who, when our business with her was finished, would most likely just ignore us and go back to her reading, relying upon either ourselves or someone else to lead us out.
The fact that she's appears to be focusing on something other than her book could mean she's waiting for us to leave, or it could mean something else.

Perhaps she's expecting someone else to come through the door, or perhaps there's already someone at the door, but who doesn't intend to come in. Of course, the very idea that someone could be listening at the door could very well be nothing more than our good friend Mr. Paranoia coming to call once again.

[X] Switch gears and bring up those books you were given. Thank her for them, talk about how much you enjoyed them, ask if there's any particular parts she liked or we should pay attention to, and inquire as to when and how she would like us to return them.

This has two uses. First, it allows us to engage Patchy in conversation regarding something she might actually be more enthusiastic about, or at least interested in, and aside from being just good manners, she might appreciate someone actually thanking her and returning what they've borrowed from her library. Unlike some people we know.
Secondly, in the event our discussion is somehow being monitored, it might provide a way to mask the meanings behind what is being said. Assuming those books were meant to help us with more than easing our boredom or somehow romancing Alice, though I don't see how either a play or a book on warfare and tactics would be exactly helpful in that particular area.
>> No. 10138
[X] Ask if she's alright, and if there's anything you can do for her.
[X] Ask if there's anything at all she would advise you to do.
[X] Thank her for her time, and excuse yourself.
>> No. 10142
>>10129
THIS, i like it

If we scram out now, there's little chance we'll find Alice, but it seems we still have a lot of juice to take out around here, as in, a Lunarian Dictionary.
>> No. 10143
>>10142
OH SHI- right... voting... yeah, eh...

[X] >>10129 THIS, as in: "Switch gears and bring up those books you were given. Thank her for them, talk about how much you enjoyed them, ask if there's any particular parts she liked or we should pay attention to, and inquire as to when and how she would like us to return them.", THEN, [X] Ask for a Lunarian Dictinary, once were finished talking of course.
>> No. 10145
[X] Switch gears and bring up those books you were given. Thank her for them, talk about how much you enjoyed them, ask if there's any particular parts she liked or we should pay attention to, and inquire as to when and how she would like us to return them.
[x] Ask about a Lunarian dictionary.
>> No. 10166
Still feeling like crap, hence the slow updates. I can hardly think straight to cobble something up but I'll still be trying.
>> No. 10192
>>10166
Only Quality will be accepted, not QUALITY
>> No. 10201
“Are you alright? Is there anything I can do for you?”
“I'm about as well as usual. I don't need anything.” A taciturn reply. You can't tell if she's usually this dour or your question was somehow insulting to her.
“All right then...”

You try to change the subject. You feel a bit self-conscious about it. She's looking at you with an intense stare. An unblinking prolonged look. Frankly, it makes you feel as if she's trying to decipher you as if you were some sort of manuscript written in archaic prose. You do have to admit that she looks more alive than ever now. If you stare at her eyes you fear that you could become lost in their intense gaze.

“Is there anything in particular that you advise me to do?”
“Not really.” She replies, breaking her gaze away from you.
“Nothing at all? I was hoping that you'd at least help me out a bit.”
“If you insist...” She seems to ponder for a minute what to say. One of her hands plays with the tip of her hair, it is now that you notice that she has several ribbons tied. “The general rule to solve any sort of interrogative is to research and try out different approaches. I likely do not hold any of the answers that you seek, but if you look in the right places you're sure to find something.”

Her words seem rather final. You don't think she has anything else to say to you. But regardless there's one last thing that you might want to try.

“Before I forget,” You try to sound cheerful, “I wanted to thank you for the books you gave me. I enjoyed reading them. I was wondering if there were any parts that you liked about them.” You think that she appreciates the topic change. You feel that she might be more interested in this.
“Both books have their merits in different ways. They are interesting books written by interesting people.”
“Anything that I should have been paying attention to? Perhaps something that you wanted to point out to me?”
“I believe that books carry different meaning to different readers. It is almost like a living being. There are hidden things and different faces that every individual sees, regardless of the original creator's intention. Good books have satisfactory conclusions for all.” Even though those words by themselves may sound like she's acting snide, you feel a warmth from her words that you had not heard before. It looks like she truly believes this and is just sharing her sentiments.
“So it's worthless to ask what you think, then? My own conclusion is the only one that matters?”
“That's exactly so. I'm glad that you understand.” She shows you a furtive smile. You feel a slight sense of accomplishment, as strange as that may sound.
“When should I return the books to you?”
“As long as you return them, I do not mind when they are returned. There are many books here to keep myself entertained with. I would have not given them to you if I did not think you would return them.”
“Of course.” Looks like she doesn't completely think of you as a fool. That's refreshing.

The last question that you can think of; Patchouli looks a bit restless now that you look at her properly. A bit pale as well. You don't imagine she gets much sun normally, but this is more like an absence of blood.

“Would you happen to have a lunarian dictionary that you could lend me? It might help me figure out some things by myself.”
“Not in to any language that you would know.” She says outright. Well, you're not going to let her assume that you're a pitiful linguist.
“Try me. I'm sure that I might surprise you.”
“Very well.” She raises an eyebrow. “From what I recall there are several languages. Do you know cuneiform?”
“As in Sumerian? I'm afraid not. There's got to be something more recent than that.”
“How about one of the runic variants?”
“Not really...”
“Any Pre-Columbian languages?”
“...No.”
“Then I'm afraid that I cannot help you.”
“Nothing more recent than those?”
“I did not write them. People did. It is not my fault that no one managed to equate the lunarian written language to one of the modern vernacular.”
“I understand. Thank you anyway.” You say, soundly defeated. “I think I'll take my leave now.”
“Go ahead, there should be someone waiting for you at the door.” She turns to her book, completely ignoring you.

Well, that's that. You get up and walk towards the door. As you leave the room, you take one final glance at the bookworm. You could have sworn that she was looking at you from the corner of her eye.

A maid is indeed waiting for you just outside. She bows slightly to you. She seems to be well-trained. She tells you to follow her. You notice that it's dark outside and the only illumination are the dim lights that are cleverly hidden somewhere high up. You're led to the front door. It seems that her instructions were to escort you to the door. Via a small window to the side you see that Meiling is still standing outside just outside the main gates. Doesn't she ever sit down? The maid bows to you again.

---
You know the drill.

I'll update hopefully faster instead of spending most of the day passed out.
>> No. 10207
[X] Head on home, and hope you don't get eaten by a grue.

It's probably getting late, we're going to have to go back to work tomorrow, and we're going to want to be well-rested and mentally prepared for whatever the new day will throw at us. At the very least, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared to be questioned by someone, be it the students or someone else.

Not only that, but we could do with taking some time to meditate upon what we have learned today, and perhaps unwind by doing a little reading before bed.

That, and I just have no clue what else we could do right now that would be good.

Sakuya might be a lead regarding that note, but she didn't seem to like us that much last time, and now that it's the time that she has to tend to her Mistress she might not be willing to humor us. We need some way to get on her good side, or at least enough to get her willing to help us even a little, and for that timing is probably a factor.

Kourin would be good to ask about his own experiences prior to opening his shop, if we can get him to open up.

Mokou might be able to offer some insight regarding our hosts now that we know someone among them is screwing with us, and it might be interesting to know what she ran off to do when she left us earlier. Maybe she'd even be willing to take us up on that drink, assuming we don't consider that ship to have already sailed.

Keine, we might want to get into contact with so we at least know where we have to pick up when we come into work tomorrow.

Without knowing just how late it is, though, I don't think we should disturb anyone unnecessarily. That would be just rude.
>> No. 10211
[x] Check the kitchen for some food.
[x] Bring Meiling something to eat.

Time to invade the absolute domain of Sakuya Izayoi.
>> No. 10214
>>10207

Hello, Teruyo.
>> No. 10216
[x] With a tone of finality, tell the maid to tell Sakuya that you'll be waiting outside at the gate for her.

Don't take the hint; force Sakuya to be rude if she absolutely won't see you. We came all this way for this, and we already told Meiling we would wait.
>> No. 10218
>>10214
Normally I would not respond to such a blatant troll, but I feel that I must. If I wished to hijack or otherwise railroad you lot, I have more efficient means. That said, I'm only responding because I think it's insulting that you'd demean another person's well-structured post while so blatantly contributing nothing yourself. I do not mind criticism, diverging opinions, or outright hostility. But I think I owe it to the people that enjoy my narrative to be fair and treat them with dignity - just like I expect them to behave in kind. If you're so petty and insecure as to seek validation in the form of convincing yourself that no one could possibly like or contribute to this story then that's your problem. Do not drag all of us to your level. And do not mar the name of those who actually care.

No one is forcing you to read this, and by george you don't stand to gain nor lose anything if the story that you dislike has followers. Grow up and take your bitterness elsewhere. Oh, and if you do reply or keep trolling, do not expect me to be so kind as to reply again.
>> No. 10219
>>10218

tl;dr

oh wait

>No one is forcing you to read this

oh, you saw right through me
>> No. 10220
>>10214
>>10218
>>10219
Troll is successful
>> No. 10224
[X] its about time we go home now.
we gotta go to school tomorrow, and get prepared to make up to Keine.
>> No. 10258
[x] Go to Meiling and have a short chat before bidding farewell
[x] Make due haste to Keine's house and check on her

Note, chat should be short enough to not interfere with most things. But we still want to keep a nice little friendship with China. Always nice to have.

That being said, since we can't contact Alice, the next person in line should be of priority until we can. Keine and Mokou will prove to be very important protection from Eientei should things turn sour...
>> No. 10260
[X] Go to Meiling and have a short chat before bidding farewell
[X] Make due haste to Keine's house and check on her

Let's see just how much longer we can press our luck for one day.
>> No. 10261
Voting is still open, I'll check in a while, and if need be flip a coin or something. Atrophy of my writefag mind is not a pleasant thing. So vote and lets move on.
>> No. 10262
[X] its about time we go home now.

Not so much for resting before school but rather because visiting anyone else is counter productive at the moment, Keine will be at school tomorrow and can be spoken to at length then, no point seeing Mouku again yet, Kourin can't help anything because while he was messed with by someone it probably wasn't Eientei, Marisa's a dead end, Meling can't help us with anything but a little bit of flavor to the story.

Simply put, we need to stick to Eientei. Kaguya is elusive at the moment, but she must be active withing Eientei somewhere and that means we have to be there to learn anything about what she's doing. In fact with the exception of a few encounters with strange lights everything important happens when we're at home as it were, so unless you're going to find Kiene and woo her to progress a romantic plot I'd say there's not much point in a visit.

Also, I like this Patchouli.
>> No. 10287
[X] Its about time we go home now.
>> No. 10299
It's just about time to leave. You don't want it to get any later than it is, and you think that you've accomplished most of what you could have anyways. You thank the maid for escorting you and open the main door. To tell the truth, you're a bit anxious to leave. Not just because of the desire to return home, but because you feel someone is staring at you. Well, whatever. Once you're out of the house that unease disappears. It must be the poor lighting or something.

You stop to chat a bit with Meiling before you leave. You feel that you should be a bit nice to her, you consider her a friend and when you arrived you went ahead straight to business. She's more than happy to oblige your presence. It looks like although she takes her job seriously, she also enjoys to talk even more. It's evident in her tone of voice, her relaxed posture, and obvious smile. You talk about several things for about a quarter of an hour. Among them if you had gotten what you wanted.

“Did you do everything that you wanted to do here?” Meiling asks you just when you're about to leave.
“Not really. But I think I learned some important facts anyways.” It's not that you don't trust Meiling, but you think that you'll keep her on a need to know basis. You think it'd be rude of you to push your anxieties and worries unto her. “I didn't see the head maid, but it's not that big of a deal I wager.”
“As long as you're satisfied.”
“...Yeah. I think I can live with some of the results.”

You say that while masking some of the feeling of failure that you experienced. Despite a nice chat with Patchouli you don't think you're ever closer to finding answers. Well, you figure that you've been redirected elsewhere, so it's not that bad.

You do keep things brief, and disengage the door guard. She seems a bit worried when you mention that you're going home alone, but you reassure her that you'll be just fine. And you truly believe that, or at least really want to believe it, and she's convinced of it as well. The bummer about walking around Gensokyo at night is the lack of illumination. There are no street lamps nor anything else that otherwise pierce the darkness. Well, there's the moon, but you've got a crescent above your head and that doesn't reflect nearly as much light as you would prefer.

You figure that the safest way would likely be the road that leads to the village. It's a long walk, but you think you can manage if you adhere to the path. You leave behind the mansion and concentrate on the task at hand. It's not pitch dark, but it's dark enough that stones become unseen in the path. You could trip or stumble on something that you can't see.

And then there's the other concern that you have. You've been fortunate thus far, but as you walk further along, you worry about the Youkai. You've heard from various sources by now how they like to hunt at night, and are feral beasts that would rip you apart with glee. You're not sure that you ever want to meet one of these monsters. This worry causes you to debate whether or not it's better to go slowly and not make a lot of noise, or fast and hope that no one hears you running. You err on the side of caution and try not to make noise for the most part. The hope that you have is that you'd be able to run if things got bad.

But fortunately nothing happens. In fact, not even a stray mosquito crosses your path. If you didn't know that you sometimes got paranoid for no good reason, you'd swear that animals are avoiding your for a reason. You chuckle a bit, now there's a silly thought. It's not like you have any powers nor do you have a highly contagious disease. And most definitely you don't have a guardian angel that protects you. You like to believe that a guardian angel would have helped you out during some of the tighter spots that you've in during your lifetime. Still, later on you'd entertain the idea that it was more than a coincidence again while taking a warm bath.

But, for the rest of the way, it's not a problem. You reach the village eventually, after traveling what seems to be an eternity. Distances seem longer at night. The village is completely empty. Only the tavern seems to have any speck of life. But it's at most a couple of patrons, judging by the fact that there's little noise coming from there. You know which is the best path to take from the village to get to Eientei and waste no time dawdling. You do entertain the though of going to see Keine, but you ultimately decide that you'll see her tomorrow anyways so there's no rush. The Bamboo Forest is a much safer place and so you're not afraid to pick up the pace there.

Home, sweet home. You reach the safety of your foster home and walk inside with a sense of accomplishment. You don't think you'd like to repeat that run anytime soon. You feel it to have been a fluke. By this hour, you check everyone off as sleeping. It's not that late but you don't see movement not that many lights. You head to your room.

There's a surprise waiting for you there. There's a cup noodle in the middle of the floor with a piece of paper stuck under it. It's the kind that Kaguya eats, you've had some before. It's still unopened. You pick it up and look at the note underneath. It's written in a neat, slightly cursive, and rather elegant script. As stereotypical as it may sound, it's definitely a girl's handwriting.

“Just in case you are hungry when you get home. Enjoy!

-Kaguya”

Heh, there's a small heart drawn above the final 'a'. It's a nice touch. Truth is, you are feeling a bit hungry. You go to the kitchen and heat up some water. You open the noodles and pour the water in. You enjoy the delicious food with a smile on your face. This sure hits the spot. You thank Kaguya mentally for thinking of you. You'll have to thank her sometime. Or do something thoughtful for her.

After you're done with the food, you decide to take a bath. There you wash off the grime and dirt that you picked up along the day. It's probably the warm water, but some of your joints start to ache again. It's a reminder that you were completely schooled today by Mokou. You look back on your day, and think about all that happened. It was a day with mixed results. You've yet to see if any of these results will help you in the long run.

You're pretty tired, so after you finish taking a bath you head straight to bed. Your body agrees with your decision and almost everything shuts down as you lay there. You're asleep in only a matter of minutes.

--------
Second part coming soon. Rejoice! No more forced write-ins.
>> No. 10310
>>“Just in case you are hungry when you get home. Enjoy!

>>-Kaguya”

>>Heh, there's a small heart drawn above the final 'a'. It's a nice touch.

Sweet, kind, lovely Kaguya...
It's really going to suck when she gets tired of our shit and decides to snuff us out and erase any evidence of us even existing there.
>> No. 10311
>Second part coming soon. Rejoice! No more forced write-ins.

hooray x2
>> No. 10315
>>10310
>It's really going to suck when she gets tired of our shit and decides to snuff us out and erase any evidence of us even existing there.

You think she hasn't decided on this already?
>> No. 10316
>>10315
>>You think she hasn't decided on this already?

If that's the case, then I would think that eating those noodles she left for us was not a very bright idea.
>> No. 10323
>>10310
>erase any evidence of us even existing there
You mean besides the memories of Alice, Marisa, Reimu, Keine, Mokou, Aya, Patchouli, Rinnosuke, and to a lesser extent Suika, Meiling, Sakuya, Koakuma, a few OCs and whoever else I'm forgetting?

...If you think about it, we've actually made it pretty difficult to kill us without arousing suspicion from somewhere.
>> No. 10333
>>10323
It would be difficult, but considering our hosts I would imagine they could still come up with at least a few ways to dispose of us in some form or another. Maybe arrange for us to have an "accident" or perhaps simply get attacked by some hungry wandering youkai. Such attacks are quite common in Gensokyo, and with our well-established habit of wandering off it wouldn't be a particularly suspicious way for us to die. Then again, they might not even have to kill us at all. Destroying our mind and forcing us into a complete mental breakdown, for instance. Just so long as whatever does happen to us cannot be linked back to them in any concrete manner, then they're pretty much in the clear.

Remember, they've been hiding out in Gensokyo for centuries without anyone knowing they were there, so I think it's safe to assume that they know quite a lot about how to conceal things, and barring causing some major incident that threatens Gensokyo as a whole, nobody of any real consequence can be counted on to step up to do anything should something happen to us.

The only one who not only has some clue about what's going on, but actually seems to give a damn about it at the moment is Alice, but she's not going to be able to provide much support for us if we can't even see her.

As today's events have shown, Alice is apparently alive and well, and was seen by two of her friends/associates quite recently, so either our attempts to see her have failed due to exceptionally poor timing on our part, or we're somehow being stopped from meeting up with her. Since she's bound to have found out something incriminating regarding whoever is screwing with us, it obviously wouldn't do to let her tell us all about it. However, despite her living alone, she's quite well-known, and it wouldn't be long after she "disappeared" before someone like Marisa took notice and started snooping around herself.
It could be that someone is stopping us from meeting with Alice, and doing so in a way that keeps her not only unharmed but able to perform her usual tasks so as to not arouse suspicion in anyone else.

Our potential manipulators include a Lunarian genius and an immortal who at one point in her life made a hobby of sending men off on wild goose chases and basically destroying their lives, after all.
>> No. 10340
>>10333
>>o either our attempts to see her have failed due to exceptionally poor timing on our part, or we're somehow being stopped from meeting up with her

Or she hasn't been avaible to be found after all and as soon as we go to sleep the events of this day will have never happened because they were some kind of perversion of the truth created by someone else to make us THINK Alice is alright.

And if you doubt me keep in mind the note to meet Erin at the clinic that myteriously dissapeared.
>> No. 10343
>>10340
>>And if you doubt me keep in mind the note to meet Erin at the clinic that myteriously dissapeared.

That it disappeared after we disregarded it is odd, as is the fact that Eirin denied writing it, but if it was part of some attempted cover-up of something happening to Alice, it seems odd that whoever was responsible would make that note disappear yet completely ignore the Lunarian note left in Alice's house, especially considering the rather conspicuous trail of water from the tipped-over vase that basically led to it. If you're trying to cover something up, you generally try to get rid of things that would point suspicion towards you, not leave what amounts to a big arrow pointing directly at the one thing that could possibly make you a suspect.

Locking up the house, closing all the curtains, cleaning up the water, disposing of the vase, and then arranging us to "find" the key to her house also doesn't seem like it would serve any purpose in helping cover up the fact that something happened. If anything, it makes it all seem even more suspicious.

Still, what purpose would screwing with our mind like that serve if it's just to make us think Alice was alright? We were explicitly told we were being manipulated by someone, and that they were most likely within Eientei, which corroborated what Alice warned us about on our last meeting with her. It also goes along with that "dream" Shirou had but doesn't remember.

If someone is trying to cover up what's going on, they're not doing a very thorough job of it.
>> No. 10348
>>10333
>>10343

You REALLY should stop this, Teruyo. It was entertaining the first or second time around, now it's blatantly idiotic.
>> No. 10357
>>10348
And you should really stop that, Anon.
The whole "accusing someone of being a writefag posting as Anon/someone else" thing was mildly entertaining the first couple of times when it was done with HY/Saguya and YAF, but now it's getting pretty tired.

If I were Teruyo, I assure you that this story would not be where it is now. Mostly, because my general laziness and lack of motivation would have made it unlikely for me to keep at it long enough to get to thread 3, let alone thread 30, but also because I wouldn't have hesitated to railroad things the second they started drifting away from Eientei and towards everything else. But mostly, it's the lack of motivation and general laziness.
>> No. 10366
>>10348
>>10357

Same faggot.
>> No. 10367
>>10366
>>10367

Same faggot.
>> No. 10368
>>10366
That doesn't even make sense.
>> No. 10370
HY really needs to clean up this faggotry here
>> No. 10371
>>9954
>>9955
>>9977
>>9978
>>10028
>>10055
>>10083
>>10113
>>10201
>>10299
samefag
>> No. 10372
>>10371

You forgot >>10357 >>10343 and >>10333
>> No. 10412
>>Second part coming soon.

"What's happening with those updates, Charlie?"
"Seven minutes, Anon."
"It was 'two minutes' seven minutes ago."
>> No. 10413
looking forward to no more forced write ins
>> No. 10414
When you get up in the morning, you're feeling well-rested. You don't even remember if you had any dreams last night. It doesn't matter, it's nice not to dream sometimes as well. Your morning grind is as usual. Bathroom, breakfast, etc. You've maximized your efficiency at each task by now, you take just the right amount of time doing everything. You run into Reisen in the kitchen, but you don't have much time to talk to her except to exchange the usual pleasantries. You get the feeling that she's feeling a bit tired, her movements are slower as are her words, but as much as you'd like to find out why, you've got a school to go to.

You encounter a few rabbits while walking to the village. They seem to greet you, or at least stare at you from the distance. You like to think that it's the former and wave to a lot of them. They seem content with that and hop away. It's the same in the village, several villagers greet you as you walk on by and you return the favor. When you reach the schoolhouse, it's still a bit early. Not all the students have arrived yet. You meet Keine at the door.

“Oh Shirou! You're back! Feeling better?” She seems to be happy to see you.
“Yes, much better.” You start off by apologizing to her. “I'm sorry for taken a sudden leave of absence for two days,” You bow your head a bit, “it must have been hard for you to do everything again all of a sudden.”
“Ah, don't worry about it.” There's a kind look on her face. The same kind she gives her students when they apologize. “I was able to manage just fine without you. Your health is more important than showing up every single day.”
“Thank you.”
“I was a bit surprised to tell you the truth. You didn't show up and it was just when I was getting worries that someone from Eientei came with a note. It said that you were sick and needed to rest to get better. They gave me no other clues.”

Ah, that's so like Eirin. Being succinct to the point of discomfort. You offer a bit of explanation. You tell Keine how you felt horrible after being caught in the rain the other day and how you simply collapsed. You spent an entire day mostly unconscious. Since she looks at you a bit worried, you reassure her that you're fine and you're not going to collapse again any time soon. You don't get to tell her about the second day (luckily enough?). It's time for classes to begin and the two of you head back inside.

She gives you a quick rundown of classes for the day. And then, something surprising happens. The students all get up and cheerfully say in unison “welcome back”. You're a bit touched. You feel that way even more so, since some of them made 'get well soon' cards for you in case you didn't come back today either. Those rascals ain't none too bad. They honestly thought of you and wished you well. When you look at Keine, she nods and gives you a knowing smile.

Since you're feeling moved, your first class goes by quickly. You teach the little scamps math full of enthusiasm and make sure to help them as best as you can. Your zeal surprises even yourself, and even your more troubled students seem to cope well with the day's lesson. It brings you great satisfaction. But at the same time, you feel a bit remorseful for skipping out on them yesterday, even if you did feel that personal business was more important at the time.

The following lesson is Keine's, and you loiter around as she teaches. It's not that bad to once in a while stay in school instead of wandering about. Plus, it gives you time to catch up with your paperwork and other duties that you've neglected over the past few days. You burn right through the backlog of work that you had to do. It doesn't matter whether or not you're doing it out of guilt or boredom, the point is that you're done with it by lunchtime. The kids all scramble outside for lunch. Keine calls you over. The two of you sit on a bench overlooking the outside area.

“There's something I wanted to tell you.” Keine talks to you while keeping her eyes on the kids. You do the same, you're a teacher after all.
“Please go ahead.”
“Well, yesterday after class someone came to visit you. The students saw her. I wasn't there myself, I was cleaning up the classroom. One of the students told me afterwards.”
“Who was it?”
“From the description, I'd say it was that puppet master from the Forest of Magic. I'm sure that you know whom I'm talking about.”
“Alice?” Your heart quickens. She came here. She was here yesterday.
“Yes.”
“Did she say anything? Why she was here? Why she was looking for me? If she'd be back?” You fire off a rapid succession of questions. It's only natural, you did spend most of the day yesterday looking for her. Keine is obviously taken a bit aback as she seems to need a bit of time to organize her thoughts.
“Well, like I said, I wasn't there. She apparently just asked for you. When they told her that you were out sick, she thanked them and then left in a hurry. She didn't say anything else.”

You let out a sigh.

“That's alright.” You say, calming down.
“I wasn't aware that it was a big deal for you.”

You watch the schoolchildren frolic around. So carefree and happy. It helps your nerves just watching them be. To them, their biggest problem right now is deciding where to go fishing next weekend. It's enviable.

You have some spare time now before lunch ends and you might as well talk to Keine for a bit. She might be able to help you out somehow.

[] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately
[] Confess that you weren't sick yesterday and instead recount what you did
[] Ask who exactly saw her; you'll question them for more details
[] Shift the subject to Keine and her life

----
I'm glad to see that in my absence things continued on naturally. I would appreciate it if anon did knock off the whole desperate trolling attempt. It just hurts me more that I wasn't here to partake for two days.

I really was about to post this when my internet went out for two damn days. It was unexpected, the ISP was unhelpful, and highly frustrating. The result is that I'm very pissed off at my ISP and was probably exibiting withdrawal symptoms from lack of access. That said, I really (hopefully) won't get disconnected like that all of a sudden again.

tl;dr TELECOMS COMPANIES SUCK.
>> No. 10415
[x] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately
>> No. 10416
[x] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately
[x] Ask who exactly saw her; you'll question them for more details
Sorry, this whole 'constantly missing the lovely marionette' thing is getting pretty frustrating.
>> No. 10418
>>10414
>I would appreciate it if anon did knock off the whole desperate trolling attempt.

DOHOHOHOHOHO. OH U.
>> No. 10419
>>10414
Common sense doesn't work with them. Just ignore works best.

[x] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately
[x] Ask who exactly saw her; you'll question them for more details
>> No. 10421
[X] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately

>>Sorry, this whole 'constantly missing the lovely marionette' thing is getting pretty frustrating.

Yeah? Well, maybe now some of you know how it felt during that whole "try to find Kaguya" bit from way back. HOW DOES IT FEEL, ANON?! HOW DOES IT FEEL?!

...sorry. I'm still bitter.
>> No. 10423
>>10372
No I didn't fagface.
>> No. 10424
[] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately
[] Confess that you weren't sick yesterday and instead recount what you did
>> No. 10437
[X] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately

I would assume as part of the explanation that we say something about our being worried, but that it's at least good to know she was at least alright.

Of course, the matter of exactly why we were so worried to begin with is bound to come up, but I would assume we're going to wind up telling Keine about what's going on with us eventually anyway, we just have to be sure to pick the right time to do so.

Questioning a student probably won't yield anything useful, and asking Keine about her life, while nice, is rather an abrupt change of topic. Not that it wouldn't be interesting, but a time and place for everything, you know?

As for fessing up about yesterday? Probably not such a good idea, even if you leave out the bits about tracking down Mokou and wrestling her. Or at least, as much as that exercise in getting our ass handed to us can be called "wrestling".
>> No. 10438
[x] Explain the situation with Alice; How she's been missing lately

You figure that you might as well explain things to Keine while you have a chance. After your last few words, it would seem that she was expecting something more from you anyways. You steal a glance at her and see that she expectantly is looking at you. She's still watching the playground, but most of her attention seems to be focused on you. Well, it looks like you're up to bat.

“I normally wouldn't be upset like this, you know.” You take a deep breath. “It's just that things beyond my control have been happening. These last few days have been more than trying. And I'm not just talking about being sick and collapsing. I guess that's just a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.”
“Have you been trying too hard again?” An ambiguous interjection. You can't tell if she's being serious or poking fun at you. She does have that teacher-like look on her face, but she rarely shows otherwise at school.
“No... or maybe. But that's not the point.”
“Of course it isn't.” You're surprised to see that she clearly displays a bit of irritation, perhaps even disappointment with her words. “I suppose this has something to do with Alice?”
“Is it that obvious?”
“Well, considering that your attitude completely changed when I brought up what happened yesterday, I'd say it's not that hard to connect the dots.” Given her previous irritation, you'd expect some malice or negative spin on her words, but she explains her logic as if she were teaching. “Don't tell me that you were out sick because of her as well?”
“I wouldn't take it that far. I collapsed on the same day I went to visit her. But that was likely because of the rain.” You add with an idiotic smile, “You see, I wasn't carrying an umbrella. I got quite drenched.”
“...”
“Anyways,” You continue since your attempt at an icebreaker fell flat, “I haven't seen Alice or heard anything from her for a while. Her house was strangely vacant the other day, and I got several bad feelings about the whole affair. To be honest, I'm quite worried about her. I felt like she might have been in trouble, or like something was keeping me from seeing her. Either way it's not doing my nerves any good.”

There's a bit of a silence after you speak. You feel a bit uncomfortable. You look at Keine, studying her face. She unexpectedly springs up and leaves you sitting alone. She doesn't even say anything to you. You're feeling self-conscious until you realize that she's just carrying out her duties as a teacher. Several of the kids were making fun of another one, Keine picked up on this and sprang into action. You watch as she reprimands some of the older boys for picking on the younger kid. She's firm, but not ruthless. You don't know if you could ever be like her. It's shameful to admit, but you should have picked up on that as well. You're a teacher here. It looks like you need more training.

Keine comes back after setting things straight. She walks back casually, betraying no strong feelings about what she just did. Despite her sometimes flat teaching style, she's good at what she does.

“I'm sorry about that but, you know, duty calls.” She apologizes to you and sits down next to you again. “They're all great kids, as you know, but they can sometimes get carried away.”
“Kids will be kids.” You add hollowly.
“Anyways, tell me more. It does seem like this is a big deal to you, and if I can help you in any way, I'd be glad to.”

Her face says it all. A nice comforting smile is more than enough to make you trust her completely. You explain with more detail the misgivings you've been having. You account all of the details you remember from a couple of days ago, including the vase and your gut feeling. You feel that things are a bit incomplete if you don't mention yesterday, but you're not sure if you want to tell her that you skipped out on school. She's sympathetic enough as it is. She, in turn, seems to shoulder your grievances and you feel better simply by telling her everything.

You finish with your story, but you don't get any feedback from her about it. It's nothing personal, lunchtime is simply over. You spoke much more than you thought you would and time flew on by. Like the children in the playground, you begrudgingly return to the small schoolhouse. Despite the feeling this way, afternoon classes go by quickly. There's nothing to teaching these kids. You don't think you're especially talented as a teacher, but it's still empowering to know that thanks to your teaching these kids walk away at the end of the day with something new.

After classes are through, you watch as the children eagerly leave. Many of them say goodbye to you as they leave. Keine is attending to her usual after-school routine. You do your part and clean where you have to and organize your things. It dawns on you as you put away the chalk, you've been promised information by the end of today. You wonder if Tewi was able to find out anything juicy. An errant thought comes and goes, it makes you remember Mokou. You wonder if she kept her mouth shut about yesterday. Keine didn't call you out on your excuse at least. She didn't seem any different from usual. You look at her doing her normal tasks. You're both just about done here.

[] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine
[] See if you can't find Mokou again
[] Return to Eientei and hope to find a thorough status report
[] Try your luck yet again at Alice's place
---
>>10421
I would be too, if I weren't impartial™.
>>10437
I guess I should have mentioned that I was writing.
>> No. 10439
[x] Try your luck yet again at Alice's place

There's no getting off this trainwreck we're on.
>> No. 10440
[X] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine.

We're there, and we went to the trouble of explaining things somewhat, so I would think it couldn't hurt to pick up where we left off and possibly get Keine's take on the situation.

Assuming the discussion doesn't run on too long, we should be able to do something else afterwards. Mokou might be interesting to check up on, and Tewi can't really give us her report if we're not there to receive it. As for going to Alice's again, we could hope that the third time's a charm, but with two failed attempts already, it's perhaps time to try a different strategy.

Don't forget Patchy's advice. Research, and try out different approaches.
>> No. 10444
The thought just occurred to me, but if we were so curious to have that note translated, why didn't we simply ask Patchouli to do it for us?
>> No. 10447
>>10444
Sure you could have. Just like you could have investigated why Eirin's bra was in the kitchen that one time, or how you can technically engage in a wrestling match with the BMW club members at any time, or how there a million other things that could have happened. The fact that you all wrote in all of the choices back there should only drive this point home.

Oh, and if you can't tell, this is me being bored. Ah well, patience is a virtue or so I keep telling myself.
>> No. 10448
[X] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine.
>> No. 10449
[X] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine.

You know, despite showing up in almost of the CYOAs, Keine has yet to transform. And possibly CAVED!!! the protagonist, at the same time.

One would think the result be SNOWFIELDS in proportion.
>> No. 10451
>>10449
I think that's largely due to three factors.

First of all, there's the nature of Keine's transformation, which by its very nature has a naturally small window in which you can possible see the event, requiring Anon to be in exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

Secondly, there's Anon's natural indecisiveness and inability to focus. More often than not, he is too distracted by going after other girls and doing other things to bother with the poor schoolmarm, even when he's in a perfect position to pursue her. Hell, ESPECIALLY when he's in a perfect position to pursue her.

Thirdly, even if the other two factors DID work in Keine's favor for once, the Writefag's natural tendency to suddenly go AWOL for extended periods of time ensures that things will never advance in the story. Either the glacial pace will prove to be too much for Anon's ADD to handle, or the Writefag just can't muster up the will to continue, and the story simply dies.
>> No. 10455
>>10451

Isn't it sad, Keine?

[X] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine.
>> No. 10457
>>10451

>Writefag just can't muster up the will to continue, and the story simply dies.

Isn't it sad, Cirno?

[X] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine.
>> No. 10459
>>10449
Actually we saw her transformed way way back in WUIG, once.
>> No. 10461
>>10459

After getting ass-whooped to unconsciousness (PUNS) by the Pill Lady. Body carrying games doesn't count as verbal interaction or CAVED!!!

UPDATES WHERE.
>> No. 10468
Anon is so ridiculously ADHD that it almost makes this story impossible without fucking up practically every single thing. Things never get explored because Anon simply has not the attention span for it.

Unless it involves Alice. Christ, this is /eientei/, why are there so many Alice fags? You'd think those who like the residents of Eientei more then Alice would outnumber them but it seems to be the total opposite.

Then again, I think the former was probably chased away by the ADHD Shirou.

[x] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine.
>> No. 10475
>>10468
Reisenfags have successfully managed to rally a couple of times, but never enough at the right points to make much of a difference.

Aside from sparking the paranoia that Anon in general occasionally exhibits towards other stories, I suspect MiG had a rather crushing effect on that specific group's morale. They thought they were going to have delicious moonbunny, and instead were left with blue balls and cold feet.

The other Eientei-centric characters are either not popular enough, or have the fanbase spread so thinly among them that no one group can truly dominate the others, and unable to unite against a common foe they fall one-by-one to the more unified Alicefags.
>> No. 10477
that's why for the second playthrough i request

[x] eientei+related people routes only
[x] trap mode only
[x] final destination

also
[X] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine.
>> No. 10483
Update soon. I honestly don't know when to sleep anymore. When I'm up during 'prime time' no one votes, and when I'm up for extended periods of time during my normal hours, it's no joy either. It alternates like hell. Maybe if I declare that I'm writing and I'll have something in an hour or maybe less more people will vote right away.

>>10477
I just wanted to emphasize the following: This route isn't an Alice route per se. Whether or not you become star-crossed lovers or Shirou ends up alone and grasping Albion, playing one last game of pretend as his whole world crashes down on him and everyone he cares for turns on him or dies, is not the main focus. Although this might have been ideal for a second or third playthrough the 'antagonist' or 'discordant' route brings up valid background information and establishes certain ideas. Ideas which would come into play again if you choose to pursue one of Kaguya's main stories next playthrough or... I've said too much already
>> No. 10487
[x] Continue the conversation from earlier with Keine

Putting away the last few things, the two of you finish cleaning up. As Keine begins to close up, you try to strike up a conversation again. It's not that easy though, she moves fast from window to door, closing everything in her path. If you didn't know any better, you'd say that she's doing her best to ignore you. You step outside as she locks the main door. It's here that you have some success in opening a line of communication with her.

“We didn't get a chance to wrap up our conversation from earlier. I was looking forward to hearing what you thought about it.” After you say this, you detect what may be a frown on her face. “I'm sorry, I didn't realize that it was a boring topic for you.”

You're a bit hurt. You thought that she cared about what you talking to her about. Her previous behavior indicated as much as well.

“It's not that.” Keine lets out a sigh. She puts away her keys and looks at you, resigned.
“Then what is it?”
“Well, if you must know...” She avoids looking at you directly. “It's not that I don't sympathize with your situation. I'm sure you feel confused and don't really have a good idea of what's going on. I could advise you to do this or that. It's just that I feel uncomfortable with this whole thing.”
“Uncomfortable?” You're not quite following her here. “How so? I thought you were dealing just fine with it.”
“I was. Until I got to thinking about it. My problem with this isn't really what you saw happen. It's with what you're feeling.” She leans back on the wall of the schoolhouse. As she is right now, you're sure that she's not talking to you as a schoolteacher.
“What exactly about my feelings that makes you uncomfortable?”
“It looks like you really want to hear what I have to say, don't you?” You nod your head to her words. “Well, there's no helping it then. The problem I have with this is that while I can tell you to calm down or to take things with stride, that's only the intellectual response. What I can't factor in is the emotional response, and whether or not it takes more priority.”
“My feelings in other words? I don't think I was thinking about you possibly factoring them into your reply.”
“It's just that it's obvious to me that no matter what I tell you here, your emotive side might just be stronger. And I don't really know how you feel either. It's obvious that the current situation is frustrating, but a lot of people might just laugh it off as a series of coincidences and drink a beer or something.”

You think that she's not being very clear, but you think that you understand what she's trying to say anyways.

“Well, I guess what you're saying in the end that you can't tell me what to do.”
“I'm sorry, I guess it's a bit selfish, but I can't bring myself into your position and assume what I'm thinking is what you're thinking.”
“That's alright. Say, would you like to at least grab a drink? Just a little pick me up between colleagues after work.”
“I guess it wouldn't hurt. I can't stay long though and you're paying. You still owe me.” She gives you a playful wink.
“Sure, that's not a problem.” You'll probably have enough to pay her back by the end of the week, for now you need to use your free booze for a month advantage. It'll expire soon. You're glad that Keine isn't too hung up about everything. You, however, seem to be in relatively low spirits.

The walk to the tavern is brief. Everything is close by in town. It's still not very late in the day, so there are only a few barflies around. You place your order of two beers with the tavernmaster. He's acting politer than usual, probably because of Keine. Keine sits on a barstool and you follow her example. The beers come and the two of you talk about work. About the students and some of their quirks. It's all innocent talk, and it does help you feel a bit relaxed. It helps take the edge off from some of the stress that you've been feeling lately.

After two beers, Keine tells you that as much as she appreciates this, she really has to go. You ask her what she has to do, but she dances around the subject. Before you know it, you've been left alone at the tavern. It's just as well. The tavernmaster has a glint in his eyes that tells you that he wants to speak to you about something. Knowing this man, it can't be anything good. Or that would be in your direct interests. You sigh as you feel that you can't just stay here silently for very long.

[] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
[] “A round of beers for everyone here, on me”
[] Fuck this, drink until you're too wasted to care what happens
[] Leave this den of iniquity
>> No. 10489
[+] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
[+] Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).
>> No. 10491
[X] Leave this den of iniquity

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
>> No. 10492
{X} Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
{X} Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).
>> No. 10493
[x] Fuck this, drink until you're too wasted to care what happens
>> No. 10496
[+] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
[+] Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).

the rtavernmaster is good guy
>> No. 10497
[x] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
>> No. 10503
[] Fuck this, drink until you're too wasted to care what happens

Nothing will progress the story better than a desperate cry for attention in the form of a self destructive bender. When we wake up again we will either:

A: Have someone taking care of us after they had to talk Shriou down from jumping off the roof of Eientei, which was followed by the heartfelt confession of ______ and progress to a happy end.

or

B: Waking up with Aya and VD, being anally violated by a member of the men's club, being tea bagged by our lord, destroying all remaining sympathy at Eientei with self loathing antics and possibly dooming us to a very BAD END.
>> No. 10506
>>Waking up with Aya and VD
ACCEPTABLE.

>>being anally violated by a member of the men's club, being tea bagged by our lord
UNACCEPTABLE.

>>destroying all remaining sympathy at Eientei with self loathing antics and possibly dooming us to a very BAD END.
INEVITABLE.
>> No. 10509
{X} Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
{X} Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).
[x] Fuck this, drink until you're too wasted to care what happens

TIMESKIP
>> No. 10512
[x] Fuck this, drink until you're too wasted to care what happens
>> No. 10518
[X] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
[X] Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).

We did say we'd leave offerings from time to time.
>> No. 10521
[X] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
[X] Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).
>> No. 10522
[x] Fuck this, drink until you're too wasted to care what happens
[x] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you

IN THIS ORDER
>> No. 10525
Don't expect an update for a while yet. I can't seem to be able to write at more than 20 words per hour. I guess I need to clear my head or eat or something. Yeah, so 7 minutes.
>> No. 10528
[da] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
[ze] Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).
The other possibilities are amusing, but we're on thin ice right now.
>> No. 10529
[X] “A round of beers for everyone here, on me!”
[X] Leave this den of iniquity

Let everyone else get nice and plastered, grab a few bottles to stash back at home while they're all distracted, then make your escape before you wind up underneath a dog-pile of naked BMW members.

We get to replenish our booze supply, make an offering to our Lord in the peace and safety(?) of our home, and avoid sending Shirou any further down the path of becoming FABULOUS than we already have.

We have still yet to regain our "man cred" after getting beaten by a girl (albeit, an immortal girl with centuries of fighting experience). Let's not increase that deficit more than we already have. Not until we've eaten the meat of an animal we've killed with our bare hands, or something of a similarly manly nature.
>> No. 10530
[X] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you
[X] Be sure to make offerings to the Booze God (sometimes Goddess).

clearly we're going to be asked to wrestle that person wearing the monster outfit, only now he's going to be in a bear costume. the offering will be to protect us.
>> No. 10535
>>10529

I see you're still at it, Teruyo.
>> No. 10538
Eirin~ Eirin~
>> No. 10551
[x] Ask what the tavernmaster wants with you

There's no helping it. You think that you've got no choice but to ask this muscular specimen of a man what exactly it is that he wants with you. You just hope it doesn't involve spandex and pudding. You dedicate the beer in your glass to your all-powerful deity and quickly pray that you're not drawn into some absurd competition again. As the tavernmaster crosses the counter to pick up some dirty plates you decide to strike.

“Hey, wait up.”
“What is it?” The tavernmaster swivels and changes trajectory, coming a bit closer to you. It looks like he expected you to call out to him. He places his ridiculously well-developed forearm on you chair. It's uncomfortably close to you.
“I figured that you wanted something with me. I could tell by the way you were looking at me.” You say, trying to not let the smell, of tonic water and what may be body oil, make you gag.
“I'm surprised that you picked up on that. You may be sharper than I give you credit for.”
“So? What is it that you want?” You ignore his insult for the sake of hoping to be free of this man's presence. You think that you spotted a tuft of rather thick hair about to burst out from his plain shirt.
“Well, I'd love to say that it's about that lovely creature that you just brought in here, but unfortunately it's not about that. Although,” You see that he grips your chair quite strongly now, “I've heard some rumors that her mood has been less than stellar lately, I sure hope you have nothing to do with that.”
“I have no idea what you're talking about.” You reply without thinking. You think that this man releases an ungodly amount of hormones when he gets worked up. Better not tempt fate.
“That's good, I think.” He lets up his grip. “The issue I wanted to talk about definitely involves you. You remember our deal, right?”
“About the free alcohol?”
“That's right. It's about to expire soon.”
“Been that long already? Why bring it up, I haven't abused it I think.”
“But you enjoyed it, right?” There it is again. A not-so-subtle glint in his eyes appears after he says those words.
“Yes, what's your point?”
“I'll get right down to business; How would you like to extend this time period for.. say, six months more?”
“Oh?” You're a bit surprised at this. “What's the catch?”
“It's quite simple really.” The man places both of his hands behind his head. His voice becomes disturbingly soft as well.
“Get to the point.”
“Well, some of the guys from the club and I admire a certain someone. And we heard that you might know her.”
“Who is it?” You think you detect a hint of a blush on this older man's chiseled face. Disgusting.
“Well, she lives in that house in that lies in the middle of the bamboo forest. Some of the boys have seen her when they go to gather some bamboo. She's helped many a lad find their way back home. I personally saw her once and since then haven't been able to get her out of my mind. Delicate features... a beautiful head of black hair, a graceful gait, and the most stunning pink dress that I've ever seen.”
“...You don't possibly mean Tewi?”
“Tewi!? Is that our goddess' name?!” The tavernmaster yells out with the glee of a schoolgirl. It's starting to make your stomach churn. “Guys! I was right!”

A group of very well-built and well-toned men cluster around you. You have no idea where they came from – this place was nearly empty just a moment ago. They are all excitedly chatting and buzzing around you. They seem to be as excited as the tavernmaster, going as far as touching you in order to “be closer to our goddess”. You draw the line when they start to rub up their oily bodies against you.

“Enough! What the hell is the point of all this!?” Your outburst gives them some pause.
“Oh I'm terribly sorry!” The tavernmaster, who's now as red as a tomato, comes back to his senses. The men around you seem to show some restraint as well. “We got carried away, right guys?” The men silently nod.
“That's... fine. What is it that you want me to do?”
“We want you to bring our goddess to us!” One of the men from the group shouts out.
“Hahaha, yes.” The tavernmaster laughs in an annoyingly high-pitched manner. “If you could bring our goddess here just for a little bit I'd be willing to extend the time period to six months.”
“Oh, I'd just kill to be in the same room as her!” A man that looks like a lumberjack yells out in an effeminate voice.
“Please! Just to be with her for a few minutes is good enough!” A burly looking man, stained in blood (you would later find out that this man was the butcher and parent to one of your students) genuflects to you.
“We try to find her, but she's always elusive!”
“Our goddess is fickle!”

Etc, etc... the comments just pile on. It's quite pathetic really. For a while you feel like you're the only man in the tavern. How can they be so gaga over Tewi? These guys have surely seen Reisen and other girls that come here, so what's so special about that crazy rabbit?

“If it's only for a few minutes, I think I might be able to arrange it.” You say, hoping to break free from the crowd. “But it'll be worth more than just six months of free drinks.”
“Oh anything!” The crowd of buff men clamor in unison.
“I'll give you a whole pig!” The butcher speaks up.
“I'll give you my finest vegetables!” The local grocer offers.
“I'll give you my lucky jock strap!” Says a man wearing nothing but a jockstrap.
“Enough!” The tavernmaster brings the group to order. “You drive a hard bargain, but if it's for our goddess, I accept. I offer you a year's supply of alcohol. And that's my final offer.”
“Fine, whatever.” You say, breaking free of the crowd of muscle heads. “I'll think about it and maybe do it.”

You head for the door like a bolt of lightning. A final peek at the group as you leave, reveals that they're all bowing down in supplication. How pathetic. Once you're far away enough you allow yourself to think about what the fuck just happened. It's still a mystery as to why a group of 'manly' men that reek of testosterone and garlic for the most part would be so obsessed with Tewi. You're not even sure that you could bring her over even if you wanted to. You're sure that she'd want something back, and it'd probably be a steep price. You think that it just might be worth ignoring this request. You have bigger fish to fry.

Speaking of fried foods, you think you spot Mokou over by the edge of the shops. You think that it's her, at least because of the color pattern. But she's lost amongst a small crowd of people before you realize it. Around this time of day, a lot of people are finishing up work and take to the streets to shop or simply relieve stress. After that, they probably head home and eat supper with their families. It's probably dark by then. A curious thought crosses your mind as you stare out of the crowds, you wonder if there's any NEETs living here in the village. Judging by how everyone seems to have to work, you highly doubt it. Maybe if they advanced to the technological level of the outside, it'd be another story.

Ah technology is a funny catalyst.

[] Head back to Eientei right away
[] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd
[] Try to find out what Keine had to do that warranted her leaving so abruptly
[] Wander aimlessly around the village
--
After 7 mins, here it is.
>> No. 10552
[x] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd.

That was...interesting. And yes, I am a Mokoufag. So, so much.
>> No. 10556
[x] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd

Something in me tells me they're referring to Kaguya, although that's silly.

Those damn pedophiles.
>> No. 10558
Teruyo, your writing never fails to make Anonymous cringe.

[x] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd.
>> No. 10560
[x] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd.
>> No. 10561
[X] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd
>> No. 10562
>>10556

Most likely Kaguya. I srsly doubt Tewi has a rather "graceful" way for walking, or make
grown manly men act like literal fags.

tl;dr Its Kaguya and her unearthly looks.

[x] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd.
Kaguyalocation askan' gaems
>> No. 10565
>>10562

>She's helped many a lad find their way back home.

Don't think it's Kaguya.
>> No. 10570
[x] See if you can't find Mokou again in the crowd

You dive right into the center of activity. From groups of older women discussing the latest gossip, to young men finishing the day's errands, there's a variety of people crowding the streets. Some shops are closing at this hour, and the owners anxiously join in on the busy scenery. It makes located Mokou challenging, to say the very least. But you're sure that you saw her around here. That certainty gives you the drive to weave past these people. Bar the small distraction from seeing a really good deal on cantaloupes and a really spiffy-looking belt, you do a good job of combing the area.

You can't find her right away. It's only after an exhaustive amount of going back and forth, moving in between people, that you're even able to reach the other end of the crowd. It's then that you manage to catch a glimpse of a pair of familiar pants turn a corner. You quicken your pace, hoping to catch Mokou. When you clear that corner yourself, you see that the distance between the two of you has increased. She's moving quickly down the street carrying a small cloth bag in one hand, it looks like she's in a hurry.

You follow her around the village for a bit, never quite catching up to her. You call out to her, but she seems to be stuck in her own little world. At one point, you're close enough to make out her face, it's a concentrated look that seems to tell you that nothing short of physical contact will make her notice you. She shakes you off after taking a path that leads to a blind corner connected to a three-way intersection. While on path leads to the village center, another to the fields, and the other is where you came from, there's no one visibly using the paths. You just can't see which path she took and decide to give up. In the middle of the intersection lies one of Mokou's charms. It must have fallen off of her pants or hair.

You decide to pick the charm up and carry it around. Maybe if you're lucky you could make her believe that you're skilled enough to peel one of these off without her noticing. Well, this whole incident was strange and it's something that might be worth asking her about next time you meet her. Where was she going that she was in such a hurry? Chasing people is no fun.

After going through all of that, you really felt like talking to her too. Maybe even getting another dose of a righteous smack down. It's not that late. Probably. If your luck holds out you could maybe find her. You have a one in two chance. Win or lose, doing stuff like this takes your mind off of ongoing events. And that may be a reward in itself.

[] Follow the path to the fields
[] Follow the path to the city
[] Go back home, it'll soon be evening
---
>>10558
I live to serve.

Oh and cold medicine is surprisingly debilitating. I can barely keep myself awake. I still tried my best to write something. I'll try to write faster as well. But that looks to be difficult.
>> No. 10572
[x] Follow the path to the fields.
>> No. 10573
[X] Follow the path to the city

Why would she be going to the fields?
>> No. 10577
[x] Follow the path to the fields.
>> No. 10601
For lack of any clue as to which way Mokou went, and because I'm sure my idea of sniffing the charm and attempting to track her by her scent like a bloodhound wouldn't fly, I'm going to forgo attempting my usual long-winded post and simply flip a damn coin.

[X] Follow the path to the fields

Just remember, stay out of the tall grass.
>> No. 10610
[] Go back home, it'll soon be evening

Don't want to have a fruitless search that ends up putting us miles away from anything interesting. I just don't trust Shirou's luck.

But guys, do you think Kiene might be jealous of Alice considering what the tavern master said? Or perhaps just generally mad that we lead her on while having, for all she knew, a girlfriend?
>> No. 10612
>>But guys, do you think Kiene might be jealous of Alice considering what the tavern master said? Or perhaps just generally mad that we lead her on while having, for all she knew, a girlfriend?

What? Oh no, I'm sure she's just perfectly fine with the fact that a guy who had seemed to be interested in her to the point of "trying too hard" to get close to her, who she herself had stated she was willing to make an exception for in her busy schedule to go on a second date with, who slept over at her house on numerous occasions, and had been around her enough that rumors of the two of them being an item had begun to crop up among her students (as well as other parties, most likely) turns out to (apparently) already have a girlfriend.

Why would anyone be bothered by something like THAT?
>> No. 10613
>>10612

Why has it taken this long for the point to be raised for that matter, I thought there was something off since she found out about Alice but now I'm worried.
>> No. 10614
>>10613
I think it's partly to do with the fact that the first sign something was possibly wrong with Keine was that day we weren't sure what we were or were not imagining. The fact that Mokou claimed to not notice any change in her friend led us to believe there really was nothing wrong, but in hindsight it could also simply be that either Mokou was lying because she knew we had something to do with it, or was honestly unaware of Keine's mood because she would hide how she was feeling when they were together.
Now, however, we have confirmation by a third party that Keine's mood really HAS been down lately.

Mostly, though, it's because Anon is oblivious and incapable of comprehending the potential consequences of his actions. That, or they simply don't care about the consequences. It's hard to tell, really.
>> No. 10632
>>10612

"You're trying too hard" sends a pretty fucking clear message that you're not interested in someone romantically. If there's any reason she's angry, it's because Mokou's probably still pushing her to go out with us.
>> No. 10634
>>10632
Unless you are, in fact, actually trying too hard.
Then, it sends a clear message that YOU'RE TRYING TOO HARD.

Just because you don't like it when someone doesn't know when to dial things down a little doesn't mean you aren't interested in them at all. It just means you don't care for them to be so overbearing/clingy/whatever.
>> No. 10636
Valid points about Shirou's love life aside, voting is still open. Especially since I'll be busy for a while yet.
>> No. 10642
[x] Go back home, it'll soon be evening
There is no place like home
>> No. 10650
Just watch as our attempt to find Mokou turns out to be a wild goose chase, we arrive back at Eientei too late to receive Tewi's report for the day, and at some point that charm we picked up will have mysteriously vanished from our inventory like various other items have done.
>> No. 10659
[x] Go back home, it'll soon be evening
>> No. 10665
[x] Go back home, it'll soon be evening
>> No. 10667
[X] Follow the path to the fields
Isn't Keine's house towars the fields?
also
[X] pray to our god for guidance
>> No. 10668
I drew this out of boredom. It's a general layout of things around the village. Not entirely to scale and whatnot. Not that useful for judging distances. But you could probably infer from the times we've run around to Eientei, if you're interested. As previously mentioned, there are houses out in the outskirts mixed in with some of the fields. And the 'village' part of the map is just where there is a clear concentration of houses and roads.

Maybe I should be doing something more productive instead of drawing maps in MS Paint.
>> No. 10671
>>10668
WRITE NIGGER WRITE

[x] Go back home, it'll soon be evening

You need to force an all /eientei/ Path before it's too late.
Kaguya waits and needs love.
>> No. 10672
>>You need to force an all /eientei/ Path before it's too late.

>>before it's too late.

Hahahahahahaha...
>> No. 10688
[x] Go back home, it'll soon be evening

You're not in the mood for what could turn out to be a wild-goose chase right now. As curious as you are about what Mokou was doing just now, you could probably ask her next time you bump into her. For now, the evening is fast approaching, and you decide to head on back home. You're practically on the other side of the village, but it takes you less than fifteen minutes to get to the edge of the bamboo forest. The bulk of the village's workforce are heading back to their homes or, in some cases, to have a drink at the tavern. Something that you've noticed in the while that you've been in Gensokyo is that, despite the sometimes less-than-stellar way of life, no one seems to be unhappy with their lot.

The walk through the bamboo plants is pleasant. Rabbits seem to escort you as you near Eientei. Whether it's because they're familiar with you by now, or they're keeping a constant vigil on you is not important. It's nice to feel accompanied by living beings, even if it's just a bunch of skittish rabbits. They disperse as you enter the building, opting to keep a watch on you from more of a distance. Or maybe nothing that sinister – you watch as a group of rabbits start to tackle each other and play around.

You immediately raid the kitchen for food. An inexplicable feeling of hunger overcomes you from the moment that you set foot in Eientei. Probably just the day's fatigue catching up to you. While there's no one in the kitchen, you're pleasantly surprised to find a suitable snack waiting for you. Cookies – more specifically, butterscotch cookies shaped like geometrical shapes. They're inside of a semi-transparent jar which you hadn't seen before in the kitchen. Being as hungry as you are, you take a rhombus and scarf it down with no second thoughts. It's really good. Whoever made these has a talent for cookies. They're not too hard nor too brittle, they've been baked to perfection. You grab a second cookie and something to drink and leave the kitchen.

Happy with your discovery, you next head to sit down and relax for a bit. The prime location for this, of course, is the courtyard. You sit on a wooden step as you leisurely finish your second cookie. You've been almost completely filled by just this light snack. Much more than you would think a cookie would normally fill you. You shrug it off as a byproduct of the delicious taste. The darkening afternoon sky makes you completely forget about even budging from your spot. It's not that you don't want to see anyone else, quite the contrary, but you're anchored to your seat. For some reason, the darkening orange seems a bit melancholy to you. It's only when you realize that you've spent the last fifteen minutes staring absentmindedly at the sky that you take any action.

You're not feeling very motivated to do much. Instead, your body seems to switch on autopilot and you walk to your next destination. It takes only a moment to get there. In fact, you can't even recall navigating the hallways to get here. It's as if one moment you're getting up, and the next you're staring at the door to your room. You slide your door open, the few remaining rays of light tint everything in a crimson color. Everything is in it's place as it was in the morning when you left. However, there's a rather unexpected surprise sitting in the middle of your room.

It, rather she, is sitting where you'd normally lay out your futon at night. Even the lighting cannot change the color of her hair, the long black mass seems to absorb all light. The delicate embroidery on her dress contrasts strongly with the now shadowy shade of red elsewhere. She is looking at the open door and you. You can't see her face completely because of the shadows, but you see what could be the smile she usually shows to you. Or perhaps not.

You feel that your stomach has burst into what could only be described as a whirlwind of butterflies. All you can do is stare at her from the doorway.

“I've been waiting for you.” Kaguya's soft voice is calm and composed. “I hope that you don't mind that I helped myself in.”
“It's no problem.” You reply mechanically. Your mind tells you that you didn't even make that reply, but the movement of your mouth and the vibration in your windpipe shows otherwise.
“I'm glad.” Kaguya politely adds. “Please sit down, I'm afraid that I couldn't find any tea, but I think we can make do without any.”

She moves one of her hands out, indicating a spot just opposite her. You close the door and sit down quietly, not making any objections.

Now that you're near her, you're relieved to see that it's the same Kaguya as always. A soft, caring smile dominates her face. It helps calm down the gale in your stomach a bit.

“You wouldn't mind if I spoke for a bit, would you? Just about a couple of pointless things.” She asks, using her hand to brush away a couple of rogue strands of hair from her face. “I'm feeling a bit talkative today.”
“Of course not, we're friends.” Another reply which you feel you didn't think through first.

Kaguya shows you what may be considered a smirk for a moment before gently placing a hand on your knee. Her touch is enough to make you feel like you've been electrified. Even through your clothes, you feel like a shock traveled from her hands to your body.

“Well then, I guess I should start my rambling from the beginning.” She withdraws her hand and begins her narration.
-------
Part one for now. I apologize for not updating. I'm not cursed with academic pursuits, but rather with forced social interaction. Next part in a few hours.
>> No. 10689
The night we were expecting some report from Tewi after having us spy on Kaguya, and we wind up with Kaguya herself waiting for us in our room, wanting to talk about something?

Surely this is just a coincidence, and is in no way at all ominous and a sign we should become very concerned.
>> No. 10690
>>some report from Tewi after having us spy on Kaguya

Having HER spy on Kaguya.
This'll learn me not to post in the mornings.
>> No. 10691
>>10688

OH SHI-
>> No. 10692
>>10688

NEET SERIOUS BUSINESS/I'M THE FINAL BOSS INCOMING
>> No. 10693
I have been waiting for this hammer to drop for far too long.
>> No. 10694
THE FINAL BATTLE
>> No. 10696
You are already dead, Shirou
>> No. 10699
>>10694
The Final Countdown started playing in my head manually.
>>10696
"Fear of death is the realization of life's unresolved contradiction."

This said, I'm working nowish. Truth be told I had done this scene already during my previous internet downtime, but for the life of me I can't find where I saved it. So I think I'm just going to overhaul it. Cap'n Gin and his motley crew of cocktails did a bit of a number on me, so bear with my slowness. Slowly but surely I'm working.
>> No. 10703
>>10699
Disregard that, I apparently can't have more than an hour to myself wihtout people bitching at me. I'll write eventually, just not right away.
>> No. 10710
>>10703
Less whining, more writing.
>> No. 10716
The way that Kaguya speaks makes you silently hinge on her every word. Your eyes stare at her gentle pink lips, unable to look away. You're fully aware that you're mesmerized by her right now, but there's nothing that could possibly make you regain your freewill. As far as your senses are concerned, the only important thing right now is the sound of her voice and her soft breathing. Everything else is just surplus.

“I'll tell you a story I've been meaning to share with you. Yes – it's something of a folk tale. A myth, of sorts.”

With every pause she takes, it's as if your world freezes. Your body seems to cease functioning when she takes a break. When she uses inflections or excitedly adds a detail, you can feel what must be adrenaline pumping throughout your system.

“This tale is set in a time long past. The people in it belonged to nations that have crumbled and disappeared into the annals of history. But here's the important thing, Shirou, none of that matters. That's right – this could be a story about ancient kingdoms or about the world as it is today. But you'll know why when I tell you. I'm sure you will, you're intelligent.

Ah, yes. Yes. Sorry, I'm veering off topic again. I'm sorry. I don't mean to bore you with my asides. But you did say that you'd listen to me, so I guess it's okay. I just love to share the things that I've heard throughout the ages. It's not that bad, right? I'm sure that Eirin has already heard everything I've got to say at least three times over, so it's only fair that one of my best friends is able to bear at least this much.”

Your eyes are fixated on what appears to be a half-sly, half-embarrassed smile on her lips. You'd normally miss it. It's only because you're only able to stare at her like this that you even pick up on it.

“Now to finally begin.

Once upon a time, a group of wise men left civilization because it repulsed them. Tired of incessant bickering and discord, they founded their own utopia beyond the great mountains to the west. In this place, there was no violence, crime, nor death. It was a place hidden from the eyes of the gods. The inhabitants of this utopia were few in number, only a handful to begin with, but as the years passed, they swelled in numbers.

They accomplished much without the laws of men and gods. Things that would otherwise be impossible. They had no wants and everyone lived in harmony. This is, of course, until some of the younger generations started to get curious about the world that they had forsaken. All contact with the outside was forbidden. But curiosity won the day. A small group of children wandered back over the mountains. They saw the world that their ancestors had abandoned. It was still rife with conflict and death was the order of the day. They spoke and met the poor miserable peoples that inhabited this world. Frightened by what they saw and heard, they fled back to the comforts of their homes.

Back at home, the elders discovered what they had done. Punishment was swift. No one who had been in contact with the outside could remain. They were cast out, sent to live amongst the beasts and in the world of the gods. They spent their days in exile, sorrowful of the paradise that they had lost.”

Kaguya stops her narrative for a moment, as if to remember the rest of the tale. In the absolute silence of the room, you can hear your own regular heartbeat. You're uncomfortable listening to the sound of your own heart and anxiously wait for her to continue.

“They lived for a time in relative seclusion, mimicking many of the things that they did at home. Even though they were in the world of men and gods, they still did not age nor were they overcome with many of the ailments that assailed normal people. They were content in their own little corner of the world.

The normal people of the world avoided them at first. Meaning most people. The few that they had met on their expedition fondly remembered them. Rumors spread across the land about a group of people that never aged and lived in seclusion. Eventually word spread to those they had met, and it was not long before they came to visit the outcasts. The outcasts received them warmly, sharing their knowledge and throwing lavish banquets to celebrate. They offered to help these men and women establish a prosperous town just beyond their own land.

So impressed where the normal humans by the generosity, that they even left one of their own to learn their ways. The outcasts welcomed the boy into their fold, treating him as one of their own. Even when the others left, they still treated him as a dignitary and with much esteem. He spent several years with the outcasts, learning their ways, and eventually being virtually indistinguishable from one of their own.”

Kaguya suddenly shifts in position. This causes your gaze to break away from her face. She lays back, supporting herself on her elbows. You stare at the way her hair spreads on the floor, still unable to muster any words.

“I'm sorry. This is the part of the story where my memory gets hazy. I don't recall if the boy fell in love with one of the outcasts or not. It's probably irrelevant. Although it would make the next part even more painful if he fell in love with, say, one of the prominent outcasts who first welcomed him.

In any case, the day came that the boy was asked by his people to come back. He had been in contact with the others, occasionally visiting them, but now they wanted him to stay permanently with them. Here's the thing: if he was in love with an outcast, then he ran out on her. Even if he wasn't, he still betrayed their trust. He left in the cover of night abruptly. Despite this, the outcasts still held him in high regard. They could not believe that one of their own could ever desert them. They had been through too much.

Back amongst the superstitious humans, the boy was first lauded as a hero. He was treated as a wise man. Everyone sought his counsel, and all appreciated the knowledge he acquired. Needless to say, like all good heroes, most of the women were smitten with him. He took on several lovers, seemingly forgetting the years spent with the outcasts. In this world of men and gods, greed and corruption was rampant. It was not long before they accused him of heresy and of forming pacts with evil entities. They did not understand the enlightenment and training he had received.

Faced with losing everything he chose to turn on the ones that had sheltered him. He betrayed the outcasts, condemning them to the faux moralistic fury of the humans. He lead the mob himself in order to prove his true allegiance. Men from around the land came together to destroy the outcasts. They were labeled as demon-worshipers, a sickness upon the land, and unnatural abominations. They chose to dispense their own justice, forgetting the generosity with which the outcasts had welcomed them, despite their situation.

The outcasts had detected the disturbance long before they reached their secluded settlement. They chose not to believe in the truth before their eyes. After all, why would the very people they helped turn on them? A representative was sent to meet the mob. That representative was none other than one of the people with whom the boy had been so close, and possibly in love with. The mob gave no pause, assaulting the representative. Even though all of the outcasts were eternal beings, they still felt pain. The representative was tortured for hours by command of the boy himself. It was clear with this act that he had completely forsaken all of those that took him for one of their own.
>> No. 10717
The outcasts replied swiftly. Though they were few in number, they had a massive advantage in knowledge. They used this knowledge to utilize devices that all but wiped humans from the face of the land. It was quick, brutal, and merciless. Even as they purged the lands, they wept, for they had lost more than just the humanity they had found, they had lost the ability to trust and a once-great brother.

...And that's all that I can remember. Silly me, I forget if there was something more to the story. I can't even remember if there was supposed to be a moral to it. I mean, I can understand how the different parties must have felt, but I'm not sure that this was the best end. It just seems sad, don't you think?”

Kaguya sits back up. In a single motion she scoots over to your side. You're feeling highly confused and tired. Kaguya softly grabs your head, and starts to gently tug you towards her.

“I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so tired. I guess my story must have bored you, right?” She says speaking in the gentlest voice that you've heard her use yet. “I think it'd probably be best if you just slept now, right?”

Carefully accommodating you, Kaguya ends up placing your head on her lap. The rest of your body assumes its default position – relaxed on the floor. You feel something running through your hair and realize that Kaguya is stroking your hair. She speaks to you, gently whispering.

“No need to worry about anything else now. Just relax and let yourself go for now. I won't be cross. I was selfish and only talked about what I wanted, so you can go ahead and do as you please.”

She gently massages your head and you feel your eyelids getting ever heavier. It's the damnedest thing, but you can only think of sleep right now. The warmth coming from Kaguya's lap, the gentle caressing of her fingers, and her rhythmical breathing are the only things your senses pick up. Soon enough, even these are just abstracted sensations. A feeling of happiness washes over you as you fall into a peaceful slumber.

You dream that you're lying in a vast grass field. It's night, and a full moon shines down on you. An occasional gust of wind blows the grass around, causing ripples here and there. You're staring at the moon wholeheartedly. The alabaster sphere is hauntingly beautiful. The night sky is completely clear and you could swear that you can see the tiniest details on the surface of the moon. In a moment of complete tranquility like this, you feel that it's plausible that someone is lying on the surface of the moon, staring at you. It certainly would be fitting.

The whole of the dream is basically that. As you discover more and more details on the moon, something else draws your attention. The pale surface changes color. First to blue, then to violet, then to a deep red. It then begins to sparkle in a spectacular display of different colors. It's like you're suddenly staring through a kaleidoscope. More than that, there's a lively explosion of color that would put any psychedelic drug to shame.

It's just then that you feel the presence of many others in the grassy field. You know that you're there with other people, people that you know. You know that they're just watching, opting not to interfere with this experience. You understand. Under other circumstances, you'd be the one watching instead of experiencing all of this. You resign to fate and observe the spectacle in its fullest. Any photosensitive person would be violently convulsion at the orgy of color that's now spread to the whole of the night sky. Neon-colored stars, a lime green sky, a magnesia moon – it's something that you don't understand. But still you watch eagerly awaiting the end.

You lazily rub your eyes as you wake up. The afternoon light makes this room uncomfortably hot. You let out a yawn as you slowly focus around your surroundings. You first look around, searching for Kaguya. She's nowhere to be found. You feel your heart beating fast and your face becoming red as you remember how you fell asleep. You cast off the blanket that's on you and sit up, hoping to get your bearings.

You find it odd that it seems much brighter than when you fell asleep. Panic sets in when you realize that it's impossible that the afternoon could have gotten brighter. This is clearly another day. Your first thought is that you overslept. Overslept like never before. But things don't add up. You're wearing different (normal) clothes than yesterday. You look to a nearby pile of papers. They're dated for tomorrow, or rather today. They are the quizzes that you were going to hand out. They've all been filled out by your students. What's more, you recognize your corrections and markings.

Your head hurts when you try to make sense of things. Did you skip a day into the future? That's ludicrous. But you have no recollection of the day's events up to now. You check your PDA and see that it's indeed the next day. And it's around the normal time you get back from school. Feeling overwhelmed, you get up and head to the bathroom. You wash you face in cold water and then step out to the courtyard. The position of the sun in the sky confirms your PDA's time. As far as you can tell, it really is the day after you fell asleep in Kaguya's lap. You're not feeling particularly ill or dehydrated, so you discount the possibility of getting extremely drunk and then blacking out. Even if that were somehow the case, it still wouldn't explain not remembering the whole day thus far.

Doing a quick status check, you find yourself in otherwise nominal condition. You don't feel tired, nor hungry, nor in any sort of discomfort. It's as if you had just awoken from the best nap of the year.

[] Back to your room; Sleep again. Things will fix themselves
[] Head out for a bit, maybe go to the village
[] Whenever you need to make heads or tails of something, Eirin is always your best bet
[] Seek out Kaguya
-----
There we go, after only an eternity of setbacks and other plans. So what if I forsake sleep in my quest to write? What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, or something.

Also I'm running out of situational-appropiate pictures of Kaguya. I do try to match up pictures with the mood. Ah well, I don't think you'll mind good art of the characters. Especially if they're saucy.
>> No. 10718
[] Seek out Kaguya
>> No. 10719
[X] Whenever you need to make heads or tails of something, Eirin is always your best bet

Perhaps we should hang around Eientei, and hope Tewi tracks us down?
>> No. 10720
[x] Seek out Kaguya

Of course we're not going to find her, but just so we can say we tried.

Anyway, the outcasts obviously represent Eientei, the unconfirmed lover is Kaguya, and the story's boy character is one of Shirou's possible fates. These events may have actually happened with different persons in the past, but the parallels to the current situation are too obvious to ignore. And this not just a cautionary tale, it's a direct warning: "If you ever decide to steal out and spread Lunarian knowledge to the outside, you must never turn on us, lest we destroy you."
>> No. 10722
>>10720

>More than that, there's a lively explosion of color that would put any psychedelic drug to shame.

I
AM
TRIPPAN'
BALLS

[x] Head out for a bit, maybe go to the village

Findan' Mokou will help for a outside view on the matter. Regardless of the bias.
>> No. 10724
>>And this not just a cautionary tale, it's a direct warning: "If you ever decide to steal out and spread Lunarian knowledge to the outside, you must never turn on us, lest we destroy you."

Oh, it's definitely a warning, but I think it goes well beyond what you say.

The part about where the boy left in the night, either running out on the girl he loved or simply betraying the trust of his hosts suggests that the very act of leaving them could be viewed as a betrayal to Eientei.
While that could be referring to what might happen should we seemingly leave "for good" such as if Keine did as Alice said she might and tried to keep us out of there, it could also refer to simply leaving them at all, like that time we left the clinic and wound up spending the night in a cave cuddled up with Mokou.

Then there's this part:
>>Needless to say, like all good heroes, most of the women were smitten with him. He took on several lovers, seemingly forgetting the years spent with the outcasts.
Though the time and quantity of women is exaggerated, this sounds very much like Shirou's own actions, and again there's the suggestion that this is/was somewhat of a slight against our hosts.

Then, we get to the part about where the outcasts saw what was happening, but refused to believe it, which suggests what we already know in that Eientei knows full well much of what goes on, particularly when it involves us.

Then, it gets to what hasn't quite happened, but could, should we seek outside help more than we already have. Our associates outside, such as Alice, Keine, Mokou, and possibly even Reimu, would surely come to our aid and attempt to move against Eientei, and going by the story, should it come to that Eientei is more than ready and willing to respond in kind.

Basically, it seems to me the message of Kaguya's little story is this:
"We know what you're doing, we know what you've done, and if you so much as think about betraying us further, we WILL crush you."

The only slight comfort me might find is in the fact that, going by her story, the outcasts wouldn't have gone as far as they did if the boy and his compatriots had not made the first move.

While it could be Kaguya simply trying to paint her side as the more sympathetic one, from what we've seen Eientei really does seem like the type of group that only pushes back when it's pushed first. Much like a NEET, so long as you leave them alone they're basically harmless and content to keep mostly to themselves.
>> No. 10726
>>10724

so...?
tl;dr
SNOWFIELDS ain't gonna have shit on this most likely unavoidable BADEND.
Which is good, as atleast we'll know why it ended that way

[x] Head out for a bit, maybe go to the village

Asking Patch about this story wouldn't be a bad idea.
>> No. 10727
>>10720>>10724
Agreed on all fronts. I thought it especially telling the way Kaguya pointed out the girl's "lover or not? I'm not sure" status. It mirrors her and Shirou's relationship to that point perfectly.

I think we need to clear the air a bit; there seems to be a bit of miscommunication about what Shirou's doing. He's not spreading around Eientei's secrets, he's just teaching some kids normal stuff. Most of the other things he's doing is trying to make sense of what might just be some freaky hallucinatory shit.

Maybe this is just a case of anon needing to tone down on his paranoia.

[+] Seek out Kaguya
>> No. 10728
It'll be sad if, in the end, this all turned out to be due to one huge misunderstanding.
The hallucinations Shirou has experienced could have simply been an unintended side-effect of being around Reisen as well as due to that strange illness that went around the rabbits for a while.

Alarmed, as anyone in his position would be, Shirou would naturally seek help from others, and due to the somewhat checkered past of Kaguya and Eirin it would be easy to suspect them of some form of shenanigans.

This could even fit in with Kaguya's little story, if we assume that the boy in it acted as he did for reasons other than Kaguya stated he did. It's rare for there to be any side to a conflict that doesn't feel it was justified in acting the way it did. While the outcasts might have viewed the boy's actions as a betrayal, what if the boy's actions were the result of some perceived betrayal on part of the outcasts? In the end, you have both sides believing the other is responsible for stabbing them in the back, and ultimately everyone suffers for it.

Well, everyone but the third party that made it so that the two sides would be set against each other, and just had to sit back and watch as the two sides tore each other apart...
>> No. 10729
>>10728
Yes, but - and this is the kicker, now, so stay with me - what's your vote?
>> No. 10730
>>10729
>>Yes, but - and this is the kicker, now, so stay with me - what's your vote?

My vote is whatever it was I voted for in the post I made before that one, and will remain that way unless someone presents a good argument for a different option or I simply decide to change my mind for no good reason.

Not that it matters. I'm pretty much fine with any option except for the "sleep again" option.
>> No. 10734
>>10730
Well, although I'd rather you vote outright, it doesn't matter much right now. I'm exhausted and I'll be taking a nap before even trying to write. In case there's no more votes I'll just use yours as either a tie breaker (a die roll I would guess) - or in the event of no tie, as a +1 to the most numerous choice (which right now is seeking out Kaguya).

Oh, and I just thought that I should point this out. I would say that whatever the choice here, it reflects at heart some of the chief attitudes and lines of thought at work in the story. Just something to keep in mind while voting. But you already knew that. I'll likely create a new thread for my next post, seeing as this one already hit auto-sage.

Pic unrelated.
>> No. 10738
>>10734
Well, I said I had already voted (for the Eirin option, if you really must know), but if that's what you want, so be it.

[X] Seek out Kaguya

>>I would say that whatever the choice here, it reflects at heart some of the chief attitudes and lines of thought at work in the story.

In other words:

"Sleep again" = "Ignore the problem, hope things fix themselves." The irresponsible option.

"Head out" = "Ignore/acknowledge the problem, go do something else anyway." The ADD/alcoholic/"try and fail at wooing other girls" option.

"Find Eirin" = "Acknowledge the problem, seek answers, fail to find them, and ultimately wind up collapsing and spending the night in the infirmary again." The "attempt at logic and reasoning that doesn't really help all that much but at least you're trying" option.

"Find Kaguya" = "Acknowledge the problem, attempt to solve it by directly confronting it, but ultimately fail because you're searching for the NEET in every single place where she is obviously NOT going to be." The "even though we're voting for this, most of us are doing it so we can sabotage ourselves and end up with Alice that much faster" option.
>> No. 10739
[x] Seek out Kaguya

UPDAGTE NOW
>> No. 10740
>>10738
Oh you did? How embarrassing, I failed at reading comprehension. Re-reading it, yeah you did say that. Sorry, it's just that I think I've slept less than 7 hours over the past three days. Even though I claimed I was going to sleep earlier, that was fruitless. So yeah, disregard my previous statements.

I can't fucking stay focused to do anything and my internet connection keeps resetting every 2 minutes. Fucking annoying and rage-inducing. But these are all excuses, I'll deliver. I want to deliver. Any of the four options are interesting in their own way.
>> No. 10743
[X] Whenever you need to make heads or tails of something, Eirin is always your best bet
Tasukette Eirin!
>> No. 10744
>>10740
New thread, and get back to writiing.
>> No. 10751
SHIROU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> No. 10752
>>10751
I saw that on /jp/ a couple of hours ago before I went to bed. I actually did think the same thing. That thread was made of hastily drawn touhous and QUALITY.

Anyways, I'm sort of refreshed and am writing right now. Expect a new thread. Shirouko unrelated.
>> No. 10753
>>10751

why u do this?