[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122023688717.jpg - (556.72KB , 800x800 , Rinnosuke3.jpg ) [iqdb]
9874 No. 9874
[X] "You seem a bit down, what's up?"

What’s up with this guy? Sure, he was a bit reserved when you came by last time, but this is completely different. You decide that now, at eight fifty one a.m., that you will get to the bottom of this!
“You seem a bit down, old sport. Anything wrong?”
“Yeah, anything wrong?” Yue parrots.
“Hm? No, nothing. I wouldn’t want to bother you with my problems.”
“Oh, come on. It’ll be more of a bother if you don’t tell me now. The rest of the day I’ll be wondering ‘Oh, woe! Whatever could be wrong in the life of such a kind man as Rinnosuke! If only he would allow me to help, or even listen! Such a cruel fate.’” Yue claps when you end your monologue. Rinnosuke just laughs.
“Or something like that. Seriously now, what’s wrong?”
“Alright, alright, I’ll tell you. You see, my reputation as a merchant is quite poor. In fact, quite a few people don’t even pay me for my wares and just have me put it on their tab. My reputation would normally be of little consequence to me, but it has been affecting sales. The only people who seriously buy things from me are a few aristocrats from the rich district.”
“So, you make just enough to get by?”
“Not quite. I require little to live; it is just that it pains me to only sell to those who don’t appreciate how amazing these products are. Making it doubly painful is that the only ones who do care are the ones with running tabs.” He places his head on the surface of the counter, which Yue pats. Good God, man. Are you a shopkeep or a wistful teenager?
“Why don’t you just make them pay up?” An obvious solution.
“I can’t do that in good conscience. One of them is a good friend and the other… well, it’s complicated between me and her.” He blushes at the end of his sentence. For a man who tries the stoic act, he certainly is easy to read. Yue speaks up.
“So you like her?” Ah, the bluntness of a child. Rinnosuke sputters a bit in the face of her question.
“N-no! It’s just that we have a lot of history together!” How tsundere. While funny, it’d be best to stop this before he actually gets mad.
“Okay, we understand. Right, Yue?” She nods. This seems to placate Morichika.
“I am glad you do. By the way, I was about to make tea, would you like some?”
“Certainly.”
“Just a moment, then.” He heads to the back, leaving you and Yue to your own devices.

You decide to…

[] Look around the shop.
[] Talk to Yue.
-() About Eientei.
-() About something else?
[] Talk to Rinnosuke while he’s back there.
---
Funny how another thread has started with a picture of Kourin.

>> No. 9875
[] Look around the shop.
>> No. 9876
[x] Look around the shop.
Perhaps we can trade our services for something useful.
>> No. 9877
[x] Molest Yue

No, I'm kidding derp.

[x] Look around the shop.
[x] Talk to Yue.
-(x) About Eientei.
-(x) About herself.
>> No. 9878
>Yue claps when you end your monologue.

HNNNNNNNNG

[x] Look around the shop.
[x] Talk to Yue.
-(x) About all the marvelous outsider inventions on display, especially the domestic appliances.

If we can find something that interests, she'll go back and tell the other rabbits, gaining Rinnosuke some potential customers within Eientei.
>> No. 9881
{X} Look around the shop.
{X} Talk to Yue.
- <X> About Eientei.
>> No. 9886
[x] Look around the shop.
[x] Talk to Yue.
-(x) About all the marvelous outsider inventions on display, especially the domestic appliances.
>> No. 9887
[x] Look around the shop.
[x] Talk to Yue.
-(x) About all the marvelous outsider inventions on display, especially the time-saving domestic appliances.

These girls ought to unionize.
>> No. 9888
>>9887
>These girls ought to form a moe death army.
>> No. 9897
"Automated carrot peelers, carrot curlers, carrot juicers, a food processor for julienne carrots..."
>> No. 9898
[x] Look around the shop.
[x] Talk to Yue.
-(x) About all the marvelous outsider inventions on display, especially the time-saving domestic appliances.

Wandbag On!
>> No. 9902
Writing now or later. Whichever comes first.
>> No. 9907
>>9902
>Writing now or later.

It looks like now came first, and that later was the latter.
>> No. 9928
[x] Look around the shop.
[x] Talk to Yue.
-(x) About all the marvelous outsider inventions on display, especially the time-saving domestic appliances.

You decide to look around the shop and take in its wonders. This man certainly has quite the collection.

On the counter is that CD player you showed him yesterday and beside it is what looks like a press pot. They have coffee here? Groovy. A tea man you are, but coffee is fine too (if you don’t mind drinking a bastard beverage). Scanning to the right, you see a shelf with an optical mouse, a number three ball from a pool set, and a bottle of Arizona green tea. Just below it is its brother loaded with random computer parts. A mother board, a cooling fan, some chips, the works. All that’s missing is a shell and you’d have a full computer right there. Leaned against the wall, you notice, is an old-looking sword. Kind of looks like one of those Chinese swords you’ve seen in a couple Kung-Fu flicks, but made out of bronze. Strangely enough, there seems to be condensation on the sheath. How odd.

To the left of the counter is a mass of items you can make out as junk from your world. Some dated computers are at the top of the pile with an old eighties laptop crowning the mess. Well, “pile” wouldn’t quite be the correct word, since you can see some organization, but not much. In the corner is a wardrobe that is half-open revealing an array of swords, axes, maces, and a bow or two. A few crossbows are set upon the top with bundles of bolts and arrows below them.

As you look to the right, you see an image much like the one your gaze just left. The only real difference is that there seems to be more domestic appliances than on the left. Blenders, food processors, microwaves, juicers, all are there. You feel like you’re looking at a Bed Bath and Beyond yard sale. There are even some manual items like peelers, choppers, and such.

Encompassing the entire shop are shelves much like the ones beside the counter, but with a wider variety of items. One is crowded with rings, pendants, and gemstones of differing sizes and a few seem to be glowing (it wouldn’t surprise you in this world of wizards and rabbits). On another shelf is what looks like blank playing cards and strips of paper in stacks. Whatever could those be used for?

You notice Yue is staring at all the different items as well. Suddenly, an idea occurs. If Rinnosuke’s business is suffering, maybe you should do him a kindness and help spark some up?
“Rinnosuke has some cool stuff here, doesn’t he?”
“Uh huh. It’s so cool how he gets to play with all of this every day!”
“Isn’t it? Some of these things can make chores al lot easier, too.”
“Really?”
“Yes, they make it so you can cook really tasty things and finish work quicker. But, you probably wouldn’t care about that.” You give a dramatic flick of your wrist.
“Yes I would!” Gotcha.
“Well just over here there is a handy little item that can strip the skin off a carrot in seconds while still leaving plenty of tasty inner carrot to eat! Since it’s so fast, you’ll be back playing with your friends in no time!” You pick up a vegetable peeler from the arrangement to the right.
“Wow. Miss Reisen has us youkai rabbits use knives, but we can never do it as good as her and it takes a really long time.”
“Well, with this handy item you can do it just as well. With a little practice, you can even do it better than her!” Her eyes sparkle a bit.
“Better than Miss Reisen? That’s amazing!”
“Isn’t it just? That’s just one of the many items that can make life around the house easier that you can only find here at Kourindou.”
“Wow…”

As you end your spiel, Rinnosuke comes out from the back with a grin on his face and a tray. You lock eyes with him and give a thumbs-up, which he acknowledges with a nod (you assume he would return it if not for the tray of goodies). He sets his item down, revealing a western pot of tea and two similar cups. You gesture to Yue with a questioning look and he proceeds to reach behind the counter and pull out a pack. Taking a better look, you realize it’s a Capri Sun juice bag. He offers it to Yue, who happily takes it and pushes the straw through the hole.
“I remember Miss Reisen gave these to a couple of us one time for being so good.”
“Reisen certainly seems nice.” You mention. Not that you’re exactly wanting for evidence of that.
“Yup! She’s like the big sister to everyone at Eientei.” Rinnosuke smiles at her.
“How nice.” Yue smiles at him while taking another sip. You and Rinnosuke fill up your cups and begin to sip at the tea (which has an interesting red tint).

Silence soon overtakes the room as you enjoy your tea. Man, the people here have some good stuff. No bag-boiled stuff here, no sir. You look over at Yue, who has begun humming while enjoying her synthetic juice-like drink. Such a kid.

This is pretty relaxing. You could probably stay like this for quite a bit. Taking a look at your watch, you see it is now seventeen after nine. You…

[] Decide to leave Kourindou.
[] Stay here for a while longer.
---
In America, juice comes in bags.

>>9907

Unfortunately, later is very persuasive. Thus, this update took far longer than it had any right to.
>> No. 9929
God damn it, I hate Capri Sun. It tastes so fake.

.....but I loved it as a kid. Why did I have such terrible taste as a kid?

[X] Decide to leave Kourindou.

Wouldn't want to get Yue in trouble now, eh?
>> No. 9930
Forgot to add "[] Choose where to go." My bad.
>> No. 9931
>>9929 here

[X] Ask Yue if she under time constraints.

If yes, [X] Eientei, on the double.

If no, [X] loli dot'n know, ask her if she wants to do anything else while she's out

I guess you could call me a Yuefag. I just don't want the poor adorable bunny to get in trouble with her superiors. I'll still be pulling for Reisen route.
>> No. 9932
>>9931
I feel the same way, but gunning for a Mokou route (i think Mokou would fit with us quite well). But, if we do go Reisen route wouldn't bunny care come into play? I'd think so


[X] Ask Yue if she under time constraints.

If yes, [X] Eientei, on the double.

If no, [X] loli dot'n know, ask her if she wants to do anything else while she's out
>> No. 9934
[x] Stay here for a while longer.
[x] Tell Rinnosuke you'll be working for Eientei for the next couple of days and wanted to help him while you still had the time.
[x] Ask how much he wants for the billiard ball? ⓷ is your lucky number.
[x] Ask about those blank playing cards; you already have a deck but you could always use some extra jokers.

With no baseball, the billiard ball could do in a pinch for practicing your swing, and KC is the kind of obsessive that's always looking out for lucky things. Hell if we get Yue enthused, we could form our own sandlot team, the Eientei Rabbits.

The blank playing cards are obviously for spellcards, which we should hope to make eventually.

As for the other stuff, Arizona tea would be shit to a tea connoisseur, the computer would take up too much time, glittery jewelry is not our kind of bling, and while that one sword is interesting, most weapons really don't mesh with KC's bohemian "dapper" motif. (Of course there are exceptions: shillelaghs, derringers, Tommy guns, switchblades, cane swords, bats, pool cues....)
>> No. 9935
>>9933

I think it's just a play off of: "In Canada, milk comes in bags."
>> No. 9936
>>9935

Yeah. A poor joke, but I had an irrational urge to do it.
>> No. 9944
>>9941

The Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi? Probably. It'd fit the broadsword shape, and Kourin does own it canonically.
>> No. 9949
Yeah, I'd love to write the majority, but my energy has run dry. So sorry, will try for tomorrow.
>> No. 9969
Two days and four votes total? Oh well, I'll live. Will try to get something out before I go to class.
>> No. 9974
>>9969

We'd assumed with >>9949 the votes were closed....
>> No. 9981
[X] Ask Yue if she under time constraints.
If yes, [X] Eientei, on the double.
If no, [X] loli dot'n know, ask her if she wants to do anything else while she's out

Aight, a slowpoke bandwagoner is here.
>> No. 9984
>>9974

Oh, my bad. Anyway, finishing now.
>> No. 9986
[X] Ask Yue if she under time constraints.
-(X) loli dot'n know, ask her if she wants to do anything else while she's out.

Suddenly, a thought occurs to you.
“Hey, Yue.”
“Huh?”
“Is there any specific time you’re supposed to be back? I’d hate for you to get in trouble on account of me.” She shakes her head.
“Nope, Tewi said she’ll find someone to cover for me while I’m gone. Miss Eirin doesn’t really care as long as the work gets done and Miss Reisen will be too busy to notice. At least, that’s what Tewi says.”
“Well then, is there any place you would like to go while you’re out?” She holds her hand to her chin in thought.
“Umm…Oh! I’d like to go to the big Human Village! I’ve only been there once with Miss Reisen and I didn’t get to play at all.” Well, you’ve found your destination.
“Alright then, let’s go there. Thanks for your hospitality, Rinnosuke.”
“No problem. Feel free to come back any time.”
“Will do. Come on, Yue, let’s go to the big village.”
“Hooray!”

Entering through the northern gate, you reenter the village with Yue in tow. Her face is aglow with wonder at the many shops you see from the fringes of the Merchant district. You look down to her and ask if she wants to go there, which she replies with a firm nod of her head.

The crowd of the market isn’t as bad today, but it’s still a bit hectic. Must be a weekend thing or something. At least the crowd isn’t deafening. You have a firm grip on Yue’s hand, lest she become lost in the throng, as the little girl points to various things that catch her wonder. Naturally, you indulge her by drifting towards each place her finger eagerly points. If it wasn’t for her ears the pair of you would be mistaken for a nice older brother and his excited little sister.
“KC, hey KC!”
“Yes?”
“Look at that stand over there! Aren’t those little necklaces cool? Let’s go see them!” You chuckle a bit.
“Alright, little one, let’s go.” According to the man selling them, the pendants on the necklaces are meant to drive away youkai. Of course, with a happy little youkai rabbit picking them up and trying them on, his claims turn out to be lies. He tries to bat her hands away, but when he catches your glare he soon stops. Don’t mess with the little friend of a man with a bat. Failing that, he gives her a necklace for free as long as you leave. She calls to him as you walk off.
“Thanks mister!” He just waves while giving a pained smile.

While passing a few food stands, you notice that hunger has begun to set itself upon you. Checking your watch, it is now twelve past eleven. Walking around the huge market must have taken longer than you realized. If your full-sized human stomach is growling, then surely Yue could at least go for a nibble.
“Hey, Yue.”
“Yes?” Looks like she’s still a bit distracted by all the sights and sounds.
“Are you feeling hungry?”
“A little.”
“Would you like to get something to eat?”
“Yeah.” Looking around, you see a grilled squid stand, a noodle soup place, and a ratty grilled chicken cart. All but the squid stand have a sign that implies a mixture of meat and vegetables with the selection.

Where to, chief?

[] Grilled Squid
[] Noodles
[] Grilled Chicken
[] Let Yue decide
---
Good thinking with taking Yue into consideration.
>> No. 9987
[] Grilled Chicken
>> No. 9988
>into consideration

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUC-

>taking Yue into consideration

oh.

[X] Grilled Chicken

Maybe Mokou's in town? Even if I'm not pulling for her route I think she'd be interesting for mah boi KC. Though, who knows what her routines are with Harker at the helm?
>> No. 9989
>[] Let Yue decide
Carrots...

>[] Grilled Chicken
Mokou?

Wait do we have money?
[x] Inventory: Wallet
>> No. 9992
>>9989

Inventory

Wallet:
Forty (40) units of your local currency in assorted bills.
Ten (10) yen in assorted coins.
>> No. 9994
[x] Grilled Chicken
>> No. 9996
{X} Grilled Chicken
>> No. 9997
[X] Grilled Chicken

Mokocchan~
>> No. 9999
[x] Grilled motherfucking Chicken goddamn this shit is fucking delicious.
>> No. 10000
>>9998
>All but the squid stand have a sign that implies a mixture of meat and vegetables with the selection.
>All but the squid stand
>mixture of meat and vegetables
>meat and vegetables
>vegetables

It's cool, brah.
>> No. 10003
[Q] Grilled Chicken
>> No. 10006
>>10004

>mixture of meat and vegetables
>mixture
>x

Holy shit, slashfic.
>> No. 10007
>>10006

I lol'd
>> No. 10008
[x] Let Yue decide

I wonder whether Yue became omnivorous when she achieved human form. If not, then grilled chicken is a no-go because she's a herbivore.
>> No. 10015
Called and writing now. Whoever could own that cart, I wonder.

>>10006

Hot drumstick on asparagus action? I like it!
>> No. 10018
[] Grilled Squid

Tastes like chicken, seriously. But chicked sounds so boring, so...
>> No. 10026
>>10015
>Whoever could own that cart, I wonder.

Yuka.
>> No. 10035
>>10015
Rupert Murdoch?
>> No. 10036
[x] Grilled Chicken

Some chicken would really hit the spot right now. You turn to your diminutive companion.
“How about grilled chicken?” you ask the bunny.
“Um, I’m not so good with meat, but the grilled veggies are yummy.” Well, she is a rabbit after all.
“Well, does the grilled chicken stand have good veggies?”
“Yup, I like the leeks the crazy Fire Lady uses!” Fire Lady? Crazy? Well, you suppose your question will be answered soon enough. With a growling stomach, you walk to the cart.

Approaching the opening where a few stools have been placed, you try to get the attention of the owner inside.
“Excuse me?” You are answered by a quick reply.
“Yes, just a moment and I’ll be right with you.” Seconds later, an old woman emerges from an obscured area to the right. Is this the crazy Fire Lady?
“So, what will you have?”
“I’ll have a couple orders of grilled chicken. What’ll you have, Yue?”
“Grilled leeks and carrots, please.” The old woman does an about-face and begins to cook at the stove inside the cart.
“Coming right up!” As she cooks, you sit down and remove your hat. Leaning over to your companion, you whisper to her.
“Hey, is this the crazy Fire Lady you were talking about?” She responds in her usual voice, apparently not noticing your discreetness.
“Huh? Nope, this is the nice lady that sometimes takes over for her. Hey, Miss Urameshi?”
“Yes?” The woman answers without turning around.
“Why are you taking over this time?”
“As well spoken as ever, I see.” Yue puffs up a bit with pride, even though the old woman’s responsedidn’t really fit with the question.
“Yeah, Miss Eirin says it ‘Reflects well on the clinic.’” She attempts to mimic Eirin’s voice, but instead sounds like a stuffy librarian. She gets a check-plus for effort.
“That it does. Now, Fujiwara is just taking a break to visit her friend right now. She’ll probably be back soon. Now, who is this charming young man you’re with?” You speak up for yourself.
“A pleasure to meet you. My name is Casey Mills, ma’am. Outsider and border jumper.”
“Outsider? You must be the one Keine was on about yesterday.”
“I suppose so. May I ask your name?”
“Midori Urameshi. Old woman and friend of Kamishirasawa and Fujiwara. A pleasure.” All this without even turning around to face you. She must be focused onnot burning your food, which you are grateful for. Although, something about what you said earlier doesn’t quite click with this situation…
“Yue?”
“Huh?”
“I thought you said you didn’t come to the village often?”
“I don’t.”
“Then how do you know this cart so well?”
“It’s usually at the road between the two forests. Us youkai rabbits like to go to the two food stands between work.” Miss Urameshi interrupts when she spins around with two full plates of grilled goodness.
“Food’s up! Enjoy.” Enjoy you do. Few things can beat grilled meat on a stick. It satisfies a seemingly primal need passed down from the cavemen before you. You quickly set yourself upon the meal.

Ah, that was good. Seeing a content Yue to the side, you guess she had her fill as well. Miss Urameshi catches your attention.
“Well, the bill for two people comes to eight yen.” Giving her the appropriate coins, you are left with two whole yen to your name. Well aren’t you the high roller, Mr. Rockefeller? Oh well, the food was definitely worth it.
“Hey, haven’t destroyed the cart yet Midori?” An unfamiliar feminine voice sounds out from behind you. The old woman replies with mock indignation.
“Bah, after how many years I’ve done this? I tell ‘ya, I get no respect.”
“Yeah, yeah, cut the dramatics. Thanks for watching the stall.” You belatedly turn around to see a woman no older than you decked out in an off-brown shirt and flamboyant baggy red pants with suspenders (is it hammer time already?). Her hair is as long as that of the Princess, but a bright silver instead of black with numerous ribbons in it.
“Hey, there. Enjoy your food?” She asks in a bored drawl. Really, such a young woman shouldn’t talk so lazily
“Immensely. Would you be the Fujiwara Miss Urameshi was talking about?”
“That’s me. You’re the guy Keine found yesterday, right?”
“That I am. Word seems to get around about me.”
“Not many people bust Eientei-owned property like you did.”
“Well, it was an accident, really.”
“Whatever.” Her gaze breaks from you and fixes on Yue.
“Oh, hey rabbit.”
“Hi crazy Fire Lady.” Well, mystery solved. The “Fire Lady’s” eyebrow twitches slightly in irritation.
“Hey, didn’t I tell you to stop calling me that?”
“But your name is too hard!”
“Oh, and Keine’s is so easy?”
“Yes!” The red and silver woman pinches the bridge of her nose.
“Listen, just call me Mokou. Is that easy enough, kid?”
“Only if you call me Yue!”
“Oh come on, ‘rabbit’ and ‘kid’ are fine for a rabbit kid.”
“You sound just like the princess…” Fire Lady’s face hardens. Does she not like the Princess? Her manners are a bit off-putting, you’ll admit.
“Fine, Yue.”
“Okay, Mokou.”
“Better.” She looks to you. “So, why’re you travelling around with a rabbit from Eientei?” Yue glares. “Named Yue.” She perks up again.
“I’m going to work there for a few days.” She grimaces. Is it that bad?
“You poor sap. Have you had the pleasure of meeting little miss ‘Princess?’”
“That I have.”
“You poor bastard. If I were you, I’d hope I didn’t attract her attention.” She places a hand on your shoulder.
“Is she really that bad?”
“The worst.”
“Wow.”
“I know.” Yue speaks up after her.
“Hey, she’s not that bad! She’s just…um, she just…yeah.” Mokou pats her head and sighs.
“See, this is why I let you rabbits at my stall.” She looks to you. “I guess you can swing by when you like, too. If you have to deal with her crap, you’ll need a drink by the end of the day.” These two certainly aren’t giving you the warm fuzzies about this job. Yue’s face brightens.
“But he won’t be working for the Princess, he’s working for Miss Eirin.”
“Thank goodness for small favors, eh? She’s more reasonable than Kaguya by leaps and bounds.” Kaguya? Princess Ka?
“So that’s her name.” Mokou looks at you with what you guess is amusement. This woman really isn’t into the more expressive emotions, is she?
“Don’t tell me she gave you the crap about names and eternal beings.” You just nod your head. She lets out a tomboyish chuckle. “Okay, since I love taking the piss out of her, I’ll tell you. Her name is Kaguya Houraisan and for the record, I’m Mokou of Fujiwara.”
“Casey Mills.”
“Okay. Well, I’m getting out of this village today. See you around.”
“See you, Mokou.”
“Bye crazy Mokou Lady!” The two of you just look at Yue. “I was joking!” Mokou just shakes her head. Before she begins to walk away, she notices the cigarette behind your ear and just looks at it for a bit.

[] Offer it to her
[] Don’t offer it to her.

Then what shall you do?

[] Follow Mokou?
[] Go to another section of this village?
[] Go to another village?
[] Hie thee hence back to Eientei?
[] Something completely different?
---
>>10035

Not yet, he's biding his time before he expands into Gensokyo.

Also, I believe all of the main girls with routes have now been introduced. Almost time for Act One~
>> No. 10038
[] Offer it to her.

Gentlemanly.

[ ] "These things can kill ya', y'know?"

lol meta-game knowledge.

Other than that I don't mind what we do, Yue is moe BTW Harker.
>> No. 10039
You know, I was worried when first writing Yue that I was trying too hard at the "Moe" thing. The fact that she seems pretty well received makes me a happy writefaggot.
>> No. 10041
>>10039
Moe seems to be best when it flows naturally; don't intend to write a moe characterscene, just let them happen.
>> No. 10043
>Before she begins to walk away, she notices the cigarette behind your ear and just looks at it for a bit.

[x] "You smoke?"
[x] "I imagine they don't come easy around here: Trade you for a glass of sake?"
[x] "Now where did I put that lighter..."

FLAME ON

[x] Finish your cigarette and drink at Mokou's stand, offering one to Yue out of politeness.
[x] Go back to Kourindou; now that you've eaten and self-medicated, you still have some time to help the poor man out.
>> No. 10046
[X] >>10043
>> No. 10047
[x] Offer it to her
[x] Go back to Kourindou

There's work to be done!
Also, "muahahahaha" at the Yue, Inaba, Kaguya, Mokou dynamic. Good stuff.
>> No. 10048
[⌚] "You smoke?"
[⌚] "I imagine they don't come easy around here: Trade you for a glass of sake?"
[⌚] "Now where did I put that lighter..."

[⌚] Finish your cigarette and drink at Mokou's stand, offering one to Due out of politeness.
[⌚] Check the time.
[⌚] Go back to Kourindou; now that you've eaten and self-medicated, you still have some time to help the poor man out.
>> No. 10050
Hokay, going to try for an update before I go out.
>> No. 10052
[⌚] "You smoke?"
[⌚] "I imagine they don't come easy around here: Trade you for a glass of sake?"
[⌚] "Now where did I put that lighter..."

[⌚] Finish your cigarette and drink at Mokou's stand, offering one to Due out of politeness.
[⌚] Check the time.
[⌚] Go back to Kourindou; now that you've eaten and self-medicated, you still have some time to help the poor man out.
>> No. 10053
[x] "You smoke?"
[x] "I imagine they don't come easy around here: Trade you for a glass of sake?"
[x] "Now where did I put that lighter..."

[x] Finish your cigarette and drink at Mokou's stand, offering one to Yue out of politeness.
[⌚] Check the time.
[x] Go back to Kourindou with Yue; now that you've eaten and self-medicated, you still have some time to help the poor man out.

: 11:24 am

You remove the fag from behind your ear and hold it up.
“You smoke?”
“Once in a while.”
“I imagine they don't come easy around here: Trade you for a glass of sake?”
“Heh, sure.” She puts the handles to the cart down. Shouldn’t she have a horse or something do that?
“Well then, here you go. Be careful, these can kill ‘ya, you know?” You say as you hand the stick of rolled tobacco to her. She gives a wry smile.
“Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind.” She takes it and places it between her lips.
“Now were did I put that lighter…” Your search is cut off by the sound of flames. Guess she had…her…own.
Her thumb is on fire. Slick.
“Nevermind, I guess. Neat trick.”
“Yeah, I picked it up a long while ago.”
“Groovy.”
“Very.” She takes a drag. “We don’t get many outsider cigs here, having to roll our own.”
“Sounds like a pain.”
“Not when you get the hang of it, but nowhere near as easy as these.”
“I imagine so.”
“Yeah, now sit down and I’ll grab that drink for you.”
“Thanks.” You turn to Yue. “Would you like anything, little one?”
“I don’t really like sake.”
“I have the sweet kind.” Mokou mentions as she enters the cart.
“…Maybe a little wouldn’t be bad.” You’re not sure about the virtues of a child drinking, but she’s a youkai, right? She must be at least of drinking age. You sit down beside the cart and accept the cup offered you.
“Danke.”
“Bitte.” Wait, what? She notices the look on your face. “I’ve been around.”
“Cool.”

You and Yue finish your drinks at around the same time Mokou finishes her smoke.
“Well, I’m off. Seriously this time. You going back to Eientei?” You think for a moment.
“No, I think we’ll swing by Kourindou.”
“Really? I’m heading in that general direction too.”
“Well, care to go part of the way with us?” She thinks over your offer.
“Come on, it’ll be fun!” Yue adds. Mokou considers her for a second.
“Sure, why the hell not.”
“Hooray!” You and Yue cheer. Mokou shakes her head and chuckles. The three of you set off on the road to Kourindou.

The route there is mostly silent, only broken by Yue humming another nameless tune.

[] This is nice, don’t break it.
[] Talk about something.
---
Dozo.
>> No. 10054
>>10048>>10052
>Due
>> No. 10056
Cigs are for fags. And Moku, I guess.
>> No. 10057
[x] This is nice, don’t break it.

Mokou...knows some german? Bizarre.
>> No. 10058
Hmm... I'd like to
[x] Talk about something
but I dunno any good conversation starters.
>> No. 10059
>>10053
>You remove the fag from behind your ear and hold it up.

oh u
>> No. 10060
[x] This is nice, don’t break it.
>> No. 10063
[x] "So, crazy fire lady, mind showing me how you do that?"
>> No. 10071
>>10057

You pick up a bit when you've been alive a few centuries.

[⌚] Check the time.
[⌚] "So, crazy fire lady, mind showing me how you do that?"

Smokou is ℳℴℯ.
>> No. 10075
>>10053
>>“Groovy.”
Yes.
>>10053
>>“Bitte.”
YES.

Can't vote. Too drunk to ruin the perfection.
>> No. 10079
>>10059
Perfectly valid term, commonly in use to this day, especially in the UK.

Anyway.
[x] "So, mind if I ask what's the deal between you and Kaguya? I mean, yeah, she's the kinda girl who could really get on the nerves after awhile, but..."
>> No. 10080
>>10079
I know, I just thought it was kinda funny. Although I live in America. half the people here opt to say "Human of African descent who was born in America" instead of "black".

Exaggeration, but still.
>> No. 10081
>>10056

I prefer the pipe, myself. A cigar is fine too.

>>10080

In the words of my peers: "That shit's hella irritatin', man."
>> No. 10085
>>10080
Seriously. If they're black, say they're black! If they're fat, say they're fat! Unless they look really angry and possibly capable of murdering you in your sleep.
>> No. 10087
>>10085
Tha'ts what I do, and so far my kidneys are fine.
>> No. 10093
[x] Burn down Mokou in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 10097
Looks like four votes for talking and three for silence. Would have started writing sooner, but family stuff got in the way. Now is the time of writing.
>> No. 10098
>>10097
>Now is the time of writing.

epic.mp3
>> No. 10108
My enthusiasm for other things has apparently left me bereft of writing motivation currently. Seems now is the time of sleeping (notsoepic.mp3).

On the plus side, this image is very cute. So very cute indeed.
>> No. 10109
Voting is still open, by the way.
>> No. 10117
[ゆ] "So, crazy fire lady, mind showing me how you do that?"

Without checking the time, which indicates boredom.
>> No. 10130
>>10108
Has anyone else noticed the rabbit furiously humping Kaguya's head?
>> No. 10131
[X] "So, crazy fire lady, mind showing me how you do that?"
>> No. 10132
>>10130
I noticed.

I wish to be that rabbit.
>> No. 10146
[火] "So, crazy fire lady, mind showing me how you do that?"
>> No. 10151
[x] Talk about something

While the silence is nice, it would just be rude to ignore these ladies, no? Remembering Yue’s nickname for her, you begin talking to Mokou.
“So, ‘crazy Fire Lady,’ mind showing me how you do that?” Once again her eyebrow twitches. She certainly has some easy tells, doesn’t she? Probably sucks at poker.
“Well, ‘Bunny Brother,’ it’s not exactly a trick an outsider can learn so easily.” Bunny Brother? Interesting choice for a nickname.
“Oh? What do you mean?”
“I mean that it’d take decades of practice to make anything other than a blast of energy. People like yourself have a huge handicap since you’ve lived without magic all of your lives. Also, I kind of have an advantage in that regard.”
“Advantage?” Damn, no impromptu s’mores for you.
“Yeah, let’s just say that even if you studied for a millenium, you wouldn’t come close to my power when it comes to fire.” You can’t tell if she’s bragging or not and with how naturally she lit her hand up, you’re inclined to believe her.
“Have a lot of practice?”
“Like you wouldn’t believe.” Yue stops humming and joins in.
“Yeah, she and the Princess practice together a lot.” Mokou rolls her eyes.
“That’s one way to put it.”
“Speaking of the royal pain, mind if I ask what's the deal between you and Kaguya? I mean, yeah, she's the kinda girl who could really get on the nerves after awhile, but..." Mokou pauses for a bit as you trail off.
“It’s a long story, honestly. There’s some bad blood between us.”
“Is that right?”
“Yeah, family stuff and all that.”
“I see. I’ll leave it alone, then.”
“I’d rather you did.” After a bit of silence, Yue makes herself known again.
“Hey, Miss Mokou?”
“What’s up with the politeness all of a sudden?”
“I wanted to ask you something.”
“Shoot.”
“Well, I know you really don’t like Lady Kaguya, but you’ve never done anything to us rabbits. So…”
“I think I know what you’re getting at. You rabbits have done nothing to me, so I have no problem with you. My issue is with Kaguya, not you guys.”
“What about Miss Eirin?”
“I’m not the type to go after the friends of my enemy. It’s not my style.”
“That’s respectable.” You chime in.
“Whatever.” She says with a shrug.

When you almost reach Kourindou, Mokou separates from you two.
“See you around.”
“See you.”
“Bye, Mokou!” The addressed woman lazily waves as she pulls her cart off into the forest. You briefly wonder if Miss Urameshi is still in there since you never saw her leave. Oh well, maybe she used some crazy wizard thing where she dug a plot in the dirt and jumped through the hole. Or something like that. You push that thought to the side as you approach the door to Kourindou. Before you begin to knock, you hear two feminine voices inside conversing. One sounds vaguely familiar and the other is completely foreign to you. As you knock, the sounds disappear and you hear the stomping of feet. You step back as the door swings open and reveals the young blonde girl who pounded you into the turf yesterday. She is just staring at you, perhaps waiting for a response.

[] “Hello again.”
[] Flee.
[] Genuflect.
[] Headbutt her and shout “Oi!”
---
Forgot to mention I was writing.
>> No. 10154
lol

[x] >>10153

By the way, Harker....That Mokou pic, the way her pants are makes me want to get inside those pants.
>> No. 10155
[x] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[x] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.

KC. Cool as a cucumber.
>> No. 10156
[X] "Hello."
[X] When Marisa inevitably says something about what happened before, act like you have no idea what she's talking about, and furthermore, that this is the first time you've seen her."
[X] If someone else present says something that might indicate you're lying, pretend to consider something, then shake it off, saying that it clearly can't be this person who put you in the hospital, because the person who put you in the hospital didn't have such a horrendous face and flat figure.

That bed at Eientei sure was comfortable, wasn't it?
>> No. 10161
>[] If someone else present says something that might indicate you're lying, pretend to consider something, then shake it off, saying that it clearly can't be this person who put you in the hospital, because the person who put you in the hospital didn't have such a horrendous face and flat figure.

The snarky "frequent in-patient award" choice.

[⌚] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[⌚] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.

The dapper choice. I'm going with this one.
>> No. 10164
[ ] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[ ] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.

vote change
>> No. 10167
[x] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[x] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.

Other write-in is not really our style. Too much snide, not enough dapper.
>> No. 10170
[X] "Hello."
[X] When Marisa inevitably says something about what happened before, act like you have no idea what she's talking about, and furthermore, that this is the first time you've seen her."
[X] If someone else present says something that might indicate you're lying, pretend to consider something, then shake it off, saying that it clearly can't be this person who put you in the hospital, because the person who put you in the hospital didn't have such a horrendous face and flat figure.

This makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.
>> No. 10174
[x] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[x] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.

That other write-in relies on too many hypotheticals. Also, it's not very in-character.
>> No. 10175
[x] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[x] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.
>> No. 10177
[ゆ] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[ゆ] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.

Let's not needlessly antagonize her. We could wind up in the hospital, but we could also wind up as a pile of ash.
>> No. 10179
[ ] Pull the same finger stunt as last time
[ ] Second time's the charm!
>> No. 10186
[x] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[x] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.
>> No. 10196
Called. Will try for an update when I get back from school.
>> No. 10210
Try and fail, that is. Updates tomorrow. For now, see these girls? Do they not look silly? Ruminate upon how silly they are.
>> No. 10248
[x] "Hello again." Make the same hand gesture as yesterday with a wink.
[x] "Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?" Check your watch idly as you ask.

Surely you won’t receive the same response as before? You lean back a bit and repeat the same hand gesture that invited a great deal of pain, capping it with a wink.
“Hello again.” You say with an exaggerated grin. Surprisingly enough, she mirrors it.
“Same to you.” The other person comes into your view and gives you the once-over. You do the same and are struck by her bright red and white outfit.
“This him? The outsider you blasted?” The blonde youth turns to her.
“Hey, come on, Reimu! How was I supposed to know he was an outsider?”
“Maybe from how he looks? Have you honestly met anyone from here that wears clothes like that?”
“Those rabbits from Eientei, for one!”
“And how often do you see them?”
“Right now! Look!” Yue jumps a bit as Marisa (you think that’s what Rinnosuke said her name was) jabs a finger in her direction. Come to think of it, she seems to have found her way behind your legs and has you between herself and the girls. Does she not like them for some reason? You pat her head, just in case.
“The only reason that rabbit is with him is because you put him in the hospital.”
“Damn, why are you busting my chops on this?!”
“I didn’t draft the spellcard rules so you could blast people with no regard.”
“That’s different from what you do? Besides, we all know Yukari came up with the rules and you just tagged along.” That seems to have irritated the red-white.
“At least I don’t rely on others for my spellcards. How long has it been since you actually made one yourself?” This is getting a bit heated. You decide to try to break this unpleasant conversation.
“So, is Rinnosuke in? Or was I interrupting something?” You give your watch a check as you say this.

⌚: 11:42 am

Marisa is first to respond.
“Yeah, Kourin’s in the back. Why?”
“Just wondering if his mood has improved.” She looks at you puzzled.
“Eh? What do you mean?”
“If you haven’t noticed anything, then nevermind.” She still looks a bit troubled.
“Well, whatever.” She waves her hand “By the way, you don’t do Danmaku, right?”
“Correct.”
“Then how did you move like you did before I declared my spellcard that was one hundred percent my own?” She sticks her tongue out at the other girl, only to be ignored as the red-white speaks to you.
“I have a question of my own: Marisa mentioned you hit back her Danmaku. Is this true?” Marisa looks indignant.
“Why wouldn’t it? Don’t you trust me?”
“Spare me, you may as well be a Tengu with how you exaggerate.” She directs her attention back to you. “So?”
“Yes, it’s true. It didn’t really help, but it delayed the pain a bit.”
“Do you know why it worked? By all rights, that should be impossible.”
“Really?”
“Yes. With the way Danmaku bullets work, right when they hit a solid object they release all of their energy and dissipate.” Magical paintballs? Fitting.
“I believe I can answer your question, Reimu.” Rinnosuke’s masculine voice issues from the back. Shortly, he enters the room.
“Oh? Do go on.”
“Firstly, I’m sure you can sense the bit of faith within his club?”
“Of course.”
“Well, I sadly don’t know much about games outsiders play, but I recognize his club from a text I found. I believe it is called a cricket bat?” He looks to you for confirmation, which you give by way of nodding. “Well, the purpose of the bat is to strike objects and send them back at the one who shot it.” The one he called Reimu interrupts him before he can continue.
“I get it, the faith allows it to do what it does on a spiritual scale. The problem is that he’s just one man. That isn’t nearly enough faith to fuel the power needed to do that.”
“Well, does the item have a proper name?” He looks to you.
“Cornelius.” Rinnosuke gestures to you.
“There you go. A named item has much more faith in it than a regular one. The moment it stopped being just another bat and became ‘Cornelius’ infused it with a superior amount of faith.” Reimu stares at him with a deadpan expression upon her face.
“Rinnosuke, I’m the spiritual pillar of Gensokyo. Don’t lecture me about faith.” Marisa takes this as her chance to cut in.
“You know Kourin, he loves to talk for days about stuff. He should hook up with the schoolmarm and have little know-it-all babies with her!” Rinnosuke’s face flushes and begins to protest, making it easier for Marisa’s teasing. Reimu is looking straight at you.
“Fun aside, it’s still very strange for you to do that. I have nearly all the faith in Gensokyo within me and all I can do is redirect the shots. Don’t be a pain in the ass with that power.”
“Frankly, I doubt I could do it again and it was only a single shot. I’m sure that wouldn’t be a problem to avoid.”
“Maybe so…” She lets her sentence trail off. You and her watch as Rinnosuke and Marisa have a playful argument. This must be the girl he was speaking of earlier. With only the four of you in the shop, it has a very relaxing atmosphere. You might be able to get used to this place, just relaxing with the three others. Since they look like they're having fun, you have some time to think.

[] Ponder Marisa’s question.
[] Reflect on your situation.
[] Strike up conversation with Reimu.
[] Wait…four?
---
Wherever could all of my energy have gone? So sleepy~
>> No. 10252
[x] Wait…four?
[x] Oh dear.
>> No. 10253
>>10248
>[] Wait…four?
Yes, four. You, Yue, Marisa, Reimu and Rinno--

...oh.

...Yes, where did our little bunny girl go?

[x] Wait…four?
>> No. 10254
[X] Wait…four?
[X] Oh dear.

Took me a minute.
>> No. 10255
[X] Wait…four?

Bunny does not like teh miko?
>> No. 10256
[X] Wait…four?
[X] Oh dear.
>> No. 10257
[X] Wait... four?
[X] Oh dear.
>> No. 10263
[X] Wait…four?
[X] Oh dear.
>> No. 10265
[x] Strike up a conversation with Reimu.
[x] "Wait, what if I gave a name to a stuffed animal?"

Tsukumogami Teodor? This is going to get fucking crazy.
>> No. 10266
[x] Wait…four?
[x] Oh dear.

I like Yue more than any of these nutjobs.
>> No. 10269
[Q] Wait…four?
[Q] Oh dear.
>> No. 10276
[x] Wait…four?
[x] Oh dear.
>> No. 10285
[x] Wait…four?
[x] Oh dear.

Yes, just the four of you, as it has always been. Just four…wait a second. Four? You, Rinnosuke, Marisa, Reimu, and Y-Oh dear. Where did Yue go? You excuse yourself and walk outside to look for her. Walking a few laps around the shop and calling her name a few times, you begin to worry a bit. It’s likely she’s just playing quietly somewhere, but it would be best to check. Who knows what kind of trouble that girl could get herself into?

Sighting a ripped pair of child-sized bloomers in the bushes, you can think of one kind of trouble.

You make your way through the bushes in haste. You can only hope you find her before something terrible happens. Hearing a muffled yelp to your right, you crouch down and look through the foliage.

There stand two human-like figures holding down a smaller one. However, the two larger figures are only human in body shape, for their heads and limbs are in some mockery of an animal. The one further from you is more ferret-shaped with a lean body and a narrow, fuzzy face. He has his hands on the arms of the small one. Closer to you is a corpulent figure with somewhat stubby arms holding the tiny one’s legs. His body turns to the side and you see his head looks like a mixture between a dog and a pig (is he a capitalist?). What you also see is who they were holding down. There, stripped down to only her skirt, is a crying Yue. You hear the fat one begin to talk, a sickening sound filled with grunts and slurps.
“Not to bad, eh? Here you were crying about catching the miko’s attention and I got us this little rabbit to play with. He leans down and licks her face. The thin one rubs her chest as he responds.
“Yeah, yeah, I know. Let’s just get to it.” The fat one laughs.
“Don’t gotta tell me twice.” He begins to lie on top of her.

This men-NO! This trash thinks it can just rape whatever it wants?! Even someone as innocent as Yue?! The song from before begins to play in your head. It’s telling you to be calm and how to eliminate these insects.

[] Fuck the song, it’s fiesta time and they're the Piñatas!
-() Cricket Bat
-() Knife
[] Listen to it.
[] Stay here and hide. You’re only human.
>> No. 10286
MY BLOOD IS BOILING but I realize the voice is right.

[X] Listen to it.

Yue route
>> No. 10289
What the fuck? Xration, is that you?

[x] Fuck the song, it’s fiesta time and they're the Piñatas!
-(x) Cricket Bat

ARRIBA!
>> No. 10291
[x] Fuck the song, it’s fiesta time and they're the Piñatas!
-(x) Cricket Bat
-(x) Knife (Hold the knife in your mouth)
>> No. 10292
[x] Fuck the song, it’s fiesta time and they're the Piñatas!
-(x) Cricket Bat
>> No. 10293
>>10291

Come to think of that, I think I might change it a bit.

[x] Listen to the song, or even start humming it.

Reason being, if Cornelius got a power-up by having a bit of faith/naming invested in it, could the same be said of the Song? And if those two lowlifes hear it before being smashed, Yue hears it, and you learn to put your faith in it, wouldn't the Song itself become more powerful?

Here, there's a mechanism where style can beget power.
>> No. 10294
>>10291
>-(x) Knife (Hold the knife in your mouth)
Sup Zabuza.

[x] Fuck the song, it’s fiesta time and they're the Piñatas!
-(x) Cricket Bat
-(x) Sing that song out loud as you go.
>> No. 10295
[X] Fuck the song, it’s fiesta time and they're the Piñatas!
-() Cricket Bat

This is probably a poor choice, but fuck it. I've been waiting for a chance to use the bat since we got here.
>> No. 10296
[x] Stay cool, Casey. Listen to Téodor.

The sound is KC's KOOL mode, and it's just as angry as you are.
>> No. 10300
>>10285
[X] Listen to it.

This wandbagon took off like a shot, so futile vote is futile.
>> No. 10301
>>10300

Actually, it's tied 4-4 right now. One of the voters switched.
>> No. 10303
[X] Listen to it.

LISTEN TO MY SONG
>> No. 10304
[x] Listen to it, but it better have something good to say or you'll be smashing your own head in after you take care of these freaks.
>> No. 10305
[ ] Listen to it.

listening to the song = attacking plus boost i think
>> No. 10307
[x] Listen to it.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
>> No. 10312
[x] Listen to it.
[x] Then smash their heads in with Cornelius.

This song. It is their requiem.
>> No. 10314
[X] Listen to it.

Total slaughter...
Total slaughter...
I won't leave a single man alive...
La de da de dide...
Genociiiide...
La de da de dud...
An ocean of blood...
Let's begin the killing time.
>> No. 10317
[+] (Option that results in the killing of the two would-be rapists and the saving of Yue with the least amount of harm to her and the most to them)

I'm helping.
>> No. 10318
>>10314
Man, what an awful singer...

[X] Listen to it.
>> No. 10319
My bad, the vote was called a little while back. Update should come very soon and I just realized I've been forgetting Marisa's -ze.
>> No. 10320
[x] Listen to it.

Calm, right, okay. Just calm down. You’d be useless in a rage. Just do what the mysterious song says.
First, take care of the pig-dog, right? Of course right.
Just run up and strike the back of his head with Cornelius. Done, but he’s making quite the racket.
Oh, damn, there’s his friend moving to get at you. Those are some mighty mean claws he has.
Put your foot up? Yes, that will work. Kick him in the muzzle-like area of his face. Not bad, but now your leg hurts again. Those youkai certainly are sturdy.
Lean back? Why would you…oh, the pig-dog took a swing at you. That was a good idea after all, but now what? The knife? How are you supposed to get at it like this?
Hit the fat one’s tailbone? Sure, why not. Now he’s squealing even more. Hooray?
Drop to your knees. Right. The weasel-guy sails above you, but still lands a kick to your shoulder. Should have gone hands and knees? That would be a full genuflect. Oh well, neither the time nor the place. At least you got your knife out.
Wait? You have a pig-dog-man at your feet and a ferret guy about to leap at you why would you wait? Oh. Stab the ferret as he passes. Right in the eye. Now that looks nasty.

Oh bugger, you seem to be in the sky. The pig-dog-fatty must have tossed you up. Strong guy, that one. Here comes a pissed-off ferret man jumping at you. Stab at him with Cornelius? Hey, got him in the throat. Why so limp, Mister Ferret bastard? Well, looks like you’re going down now. Lift Cornelius above your head and strike the fat one? Okay, but- Oh, nevermind. The rotund one punched you square in the stomach as you almost hit the ground. Looks like he punched the song out of you as well. Goodbye song, hello pain.

Crashing into a tree, you feel the full weight of what has just happened. Your shoulder hurts, your leg is messed up yet again, and you feel like all the blood has been punched out of you through your stomach. In tandem with that is a primal fear that has taken the song's place. Add to all that the pissed-off abomination before you, and you have a grade-A recipe for being royally boned. He addresses you in his slurp-grunt speech.
“So, little human, what now? Attacking me and my buddy while humming some dumbass song? It’s been a while since I’ve had huma-” His sentence is cut off by something striking him. He begins to turn around in a rage.
“Damn rabbit! I’m getting to you later!” Unfortunately for him, what he sees is not only the bunny he left. As you crane your neck (which hurts like hell thanks to your shoulder), you see Yue with her arm stretched out accompanied by Reimu, Marisa, and Rinnosuke with a crossbow. Looks like the cavalry has come. The youkai tries to say something, but falls back with his body full of needles, burns in the shape of stars, and a crossbow bolt lodged between his eyes.
“Nice shot, Kourin-ze!”
“Thank you. Are you alright, Mills?” You cough out a reply.
“Fine. Yue? How are you?” Instead of answering, she runs past the bodies of her assailants and embraces you around the neck. It hurts, but you’re certainly not going to say anything. Reimu speaks next.
“Can you walk?”
“I believe so.”
“Would you like to continue being able to walk, let alone breathe?”
“It would be nice…”
“Then why in the name of all the myriad gods did you think it was a good idea to take on two youkai by yourself? Faithful club or not, you’re still a human and an outsider at that. The business of minor youkai isn’t something for you to deal with.” Already with the questions? Damn, woman.

[] Respond
-() Anything specific you wish to say?
[] You’re too tired for her crap. Pass out.
---
Congratulations on (barely) avoiding one of the two bad ends in this section!

>>10314

What you did there? I liked it.

>>10306

Cliches can be fun once every blue moon, but I do see your point.
>> No. 10321
[x] You’re too tired for her crap. Pass out.
>> No. 10322
[x] "Fuck you, Hakurei. Don't tell me to ignore a girl who's screaming because she's about be raped."
[x] Sigh. Check the time. "Come, Yue, let's go home. Today's events have left a bitter taste in my mouth."
[x] Head back, or collapse in the attempt.
>> No. 10324
[x] "Fuck you, Hakurei. Don't tell me to ignore a girl who's screaming because she's about be raped."
[x] Sigh. Check the time. "Come, Yue, let's go home. Today's events have left a bitter taste in my mouth."
[x] Head back, or collapse in the attempt.
>> No. 10330
{X} "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
{X} "Now, if you'll pardon me, I daresay my consciousness is fleeting."
{X} "Good day."
{X} Tip cap.
{X} Fall over.
>> No. 10331
[X] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[X] "Now, if you'll pardon me, I daresay my consciousness is fleeting."
[X] "Good day."
[X] Tip cap.
[X] Fall over.

We're so dapper, we shit pomade.
>> No. 10335
I don't know if this was cliche or not, but goddamn, it was awesome.

It was like an intense Nanaya scene from Tsukihime, but as narrated by a bored and uninterested normal guy, which made it cool and amusing to read.

I think I like our song. It's like a guy going over his grocery list while he's landing the space shuttle or something.
>> No. 10336
>>10335 here.
In order to make up for, --or, dare I hope, excuse-- my sudden interruption into this gentlemanly conversation, allow me to attempt to add that extra something which you all felt was missing:

[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.
>> No. 10338
>>10336
[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.

This. Dapper guy all the way.
>> No. 10339
[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.

Bahahaha.
>> No. 10341
[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.

getting knocked out with flair.
>> No. 10342
[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.


This is a Dapper Write in.

All anonsworkship is of the highest standard.

It is banded with rings of lol. It meances with spikes of humour.

On it is an engraving of a human in words. The human is falling over.
>> No. 10344
[Q] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[] Check the time.
[Q] "Oh, bother."
[Q] Look back at the others.
[Q] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[Q] "Good day."
[Q] Tip cap.
[Q] Fall over.
>> No. 10345
[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.
>> No. 10347
[ODIN] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[ODIN] Check the time.
[ODIN] "Oh, bother."
[ODIN] Look back at the others.
[ODIN] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[ODIN] "Good day."
[ODIN] Tip cap.
[ODIN] Fall over.

Toodle-pip chaps. I'm off to meet Mr. Sandman.

And holy fuck, how can a man be this dapper?
>> No. 10350
[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.

This man DEFINES dapper.
>> No. 10352
[+] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[+] Check the time.
[+] "Oh, bother."
[+] Look back at the others.
[+] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[+] "Good day."
[+] Tip cap.
[+] Fall over.

Classiest display of idiocy I've ever read.
>> No. 10354
EVEN WHEN PASSING OUT!

DA! PP! ER!

Writing now.
>> No. 10365
>>10354

Waiting now.
>> No. 10373
[x] "Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?"
[x] Check the time.
[x] "Oh, bother."
[x] Look back at the others.
[x] "If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover."
[x] "Good day."
[x] Tip cap.
[x] Fall over.

Oh? It seems that Nemo is calling you to the Land of dreams. Just a moment, Friend, you must first deal with this woman.
"Well, I can't very well just stand by while a friend of mine is being attacked, can I?" A look of surprise crosses the red-white’s face.
“Oh, she’s your friend? My mistake, I thought she was just your escort. Sorry.” You are about to respond, but the loud moan from the ferret man draws your attention. Rinnosuke simply aims the crossbow and fires into him without looking. Marisa gives him a thumbs-up and tells him how cool he looked.
“Nice. As I was about to say, no great offense was taken.” You rummage through your coat and grab your watch. Thank the heavens it wasn’t destroyed by that ruffian’s blow.

⌚: Squiggle past Smudge o’ Clock.

“Oh, bother.” The three others look to you with Yue still curled to your chest. You look to them and give a weary smile.
"If you'll pardon me, it seems I'm rather shortly due to let loose my hold on conscious thought and upright stance until such time as I recover." Rinnosuke is the first to respond after shooting another bolt into the skinny one when it twitched.
“Well, I would hate for you to be late on our account. Feel free to go at any time.”
“Right, then. Good day.” You end the dialogue with a tip of your hat before you completely conk out. Such a lovely Field of flowers…

You once again face the blackness.
The mask from before still hangs there and stares at you with its crazed grin.
It doesn’t speak.
It doesn’t move.
Only stares.

You awake in white. What hap-Oh, that’s right. You briefly wonder if you can go through a day here without some form of bodily harm. You sit up and are predictably in your boxers yet again. The room is generally the same as the last one you were in, with the notable exception of five rabbit girls you don’t recognize around your bed staring at you. Not only that, but regular-looking rabbits are intermingled with them. Friends of Yue’s? You decide to break the silence.
“Uh, hello.” The stares only intensify. You swear you can see sparkles in some of their eyes. One with short black hair speaks up.
“You’re the guy who saved Yue, right?”
“If you don’t count my beatdown afterward? Yes.” What follows is a cacophony of sound formed from the voices from each of the girls (and some very urgent nose wiggling from the regular rabbits). The red and blue Doctor bursting into the room and chasing them off in a chorus of happy shrieks cuts this short. Letting out a sigh, she turns to you.
“Hello Mister Mills. Feeling better, are we?”
“Yes, I believe so. We really must stop meeting like this.”
“With you nearly naked and passed out whilst I inspect you? I agree.” Inspect? Intrusive, but you’ll live. She’s a doctor, after all.
“Speaking of which, I feel fine but how am I health-wise?” She thinks for a brief moment.
“Your midsection will likely be sore for a week or so, but it shouldn’t get in the way of your work. As for your leg, I put a brace on it so it is less likely to give out from under you.”
“Ah, right, work. I certainly hope I haven’t been out long enough to miss the scheduled time.”
“Do not worry, you were only out for a few hours, much like last time.” She says with a smile.
“I see. Now, I’m guessing my time in servitude has increased for this visit?”
“Oh, don’t put it in such dreary terms. It is not as if you will become some sort of slave.” She looks you over a bit. “Unless you want to be, that is. We could always do with a man around the house.”
“Well, last time I checked I have the necessary chromosomes.”
“So I see. Now, are you feeling hungry?” You suppose it would be around dinnertime right now.
“I can eat.”
“Very good. Get dressed and follow me, we’re having a celebration in your honor, Mister savior.” She turns her back, presumably to allow you to dress with some sense of modesty.

“Done?”
“Indeed I am.” She turns and sees you fully dressed minus your hat and scarf.
“Very good. You can leave the club and knife, though.” You set the items upon the table beside your headwear.
“So, shall we go, my lady?”
“One thing, first.” Before you can react, she has you in a hug, pressing your bodies together. This feels…odd. Like she hasn’t done this much before. Her arms hang stiffly on you and her back is ramrod-straight. She speaks softly into your ear.
“Thank you for saving Yue. There may be sick rumors bandied about, but the rabbits here are precious to us.” You gently return the hug and respond.
“It was my pleasure.” She disengages the embrace and begins to walk to the door.
“Right this way, if you please.” You speed up for a moment and hold the door open for her. She responds with an amused laugh and a bow. Exiting the threshold, the two of you wander to the kitchen.

The way is just as long as you remember it to be. Looks like you didn’t take the long road after all. If memory serves you correctly, you could probably have a quick conversation on the way to your destination.

[] Talk about something.
[] Silence is golden.
---
I seem to have dozed off for a bit. Appy-polly-ologies, all.
>> No. 10374
{X} Talk about something.
 <X> "How is Yue?"
>> No. 10375
[X] Talk about something.
 [X] "How is Yue?"
>> No. 10377
[x] Check your watch
[x] "How is Yue?"
[x] "So, I met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is this someone I should keep my distance from?"

Need to know if we shouldn't bring up Mokou around Kaguya or if we shouldn't be seen with her.
>> No. 10378
[x] Check your watch
[x] "How is Yue?"
[x] "So, I met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is there anything you could tell me about her?"


Moekou route.
>> No. 10382
[x] Check your watch
[x] "How is Yue?"
[x] "So, I met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is there anything you could tell me about her?"
>> No. 10384
>>10373
>You once again face the blackness.
>The mask from before still hangs there and stares at you with its crazed grin.
>It doesn’t speak.
>It doesn’t move.
>Only stares.

Wait, what's this mask stuff? We don't know anyone in OH
SHIT
UBOA
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>(and some very urgent nose wiggling from the regular rabbits)
HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHH

Also, wtf at Carin' Eirin.
It's nice to see someone that doesn't go in for LOL MAD DOCTOR EIRIN crap.
>> No. 10385
[x] Talk about something.
 [x] "How is Yue?"

Hummmm. Silence is golden, but only when I don't have anything I feel like bandwagoning on.
>> No. 10387
>⌚: Squiggle past Smudge o’ Clock.
I lol'd.

[X] Talk about something.
 [X] "How is Yue?"

Vital information.
>> No. 10389
[X] Talk about something.
-(X) "How is Yue?"
>> No. 10390
[X] Talk about something.
- [X] "How is Yue?"

>>10384
>It's nice to see someone that doesn't go in for LOL MAD DOCTOR EIRIN crap.
Agreed, and it follows CiLR/SSiB's portrayal of the Eientei crew better. Inaba of the Moon etc. shouldn't be taken seriously.
>> No. 10391
>>10390
>>SSiB's

Doesn't Erin sneak up on patchy with an arrow in her hand with an expression that leaves no dobut she would've gutted the lovely librarian in a second had she not been inturrupted in SSiB?

Just saying.

But deredere Erin is more than fine.


[X] Talk about something.
 [X] "How is Yue?"


In b4 Yue route lock, unlikely as it is.
>> No. 10392
>>10391

Don't slander her! She was just making a suprise house call to administer a suppository for Patchy's anemia.
>> No. 10393
[⌚] Check your watch
[Q] "How is Yue?"
[Q] "So, I met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is there anything you could tell me about her?"
>> No. 10394
>>Doesn't Erin sneak up on patchy with an arrow in her hand with an expression that leaves no dobut she would've gutted the lovely librarian in a second had she not been inturrupted in SSiB?

To be fair, this is at a time when Eirin has been made aware that someone is attempting to invade her former home, and that she herself is being framed as the mastermind behind said attempted invasion.

When Patchy not only made that rocket but displayed knowledge of some things that she shouldn't have been able to know if she wasn't in some way connected to the true mastermind, it's only natural that Eirin would be prepared to put an arrow through her backside if need be.

Well, "natural" for someone who once murdered a bunch of her fellow moon-folk for the sake of her friend so she could remain on Earth, anyway.

Still, that's not really very "mad doctor"-ish. Unless, of course, she planned to remove Patchy's brain afterwards, replace it with a rabbit's brain, and keep the original alive in a jar or something.
>> No. 10399
>“Oh, she’s your friend? My mistake, I thought she was just your escort. Sorry.”

Good Reimu, you're not as much of a bitch as I thought you'd be.

[⌚] Check your watch
[Q] "How is Yue?"
[Q] "So, I met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is there anything you could tell me about her?"

>>10384
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>> No. 10402
[⌛] Check your watch
[x] "How is Yue?"
[x] "So, I met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is there anything you could tell me about her?"

In that order.
>> No. 10403
>>10391
Remember, Eirin is hoping Remi's group will stir things up and flush out the real threat to the moon, but that won't work if those two groups are conspiring together. It was starting to sound like Patchy was getting info from someone on the moon, so Eirin made it clear that there would be trouble if she was working with the enemy. Sickly or not, she's still a youkai, she's not going to go down from just one arrow. It was just to send a message.
>> No. 10404
>>10391>>10403
And she wasn't "interrupted", it was an interrogation. The way Patchy responded made Eirin decide not to consider her an enemy, so she dropped her threat.
>> No. 10405
>You once again face the blackness.
>The mask from before still hangs there and stares at you with its crazed grin.
>It doesn’t speak.
>It doesn’t move.
>Only stares.

y helo thar uboaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>> No. 10411
>>10373
>>It seems that Nemo is calling you to the Land of dreams.
I cannot find the words to express my joy over this reference.
>> No. 10417
Back and writing.

>>10405
>>10384

Damn, now I see it too.
>> No. 10420
>>10411
>> No. 10422
A thousand pardons, but updates might not come until after I sleep for the night.

>>10420

Thus another item is added to the GD/Nameless Ferry folder.
>> No. 10427
[x] Check your watch
[x] "How is Yue?"
[x] "So, I met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is there anything you could tell me about her?"

You idly finger the catch release of your watch and check the time.

⌛: 6:25 p.m.

Now, on to other matters. Yes, there happens to be one very pressing matter. That would be the welfare of the little friend you risked life and limb to save. You fall in step with her and attempt to converse with Eirin.
“Miss Eirin?”
“Yes?”
“How is Yue doing? She wasn’t exactly in the best of states when I last saw her.”
“She is still a bit shaken, but otherwise fine; those…ruffians didn’t get far.” You can almost see a shade of her own anger at the mention of the dead ones. This passes quickly as she continues. “She is also rather quick to tell the tale of her hero rescuing her.”
“Well, it was really Rinnosuke and his friends that did the rescuing. I just drew away their attention for a bit.” Eirin covers a laugh with the back of her hand.
“Either way, Reisen’s doting on her has most likely helped her state immensely.”
“I guess the rabbits don’t consider her like a big sister for nothing.” Eirin allows what could be called an amused smile.
“Yes, sometimes her actions are almost motherly. It is sweet how some of the more immature rabbits cling to her when not working.” The image of Reisen playing with the rabbits in some generic meadow (complete with pastel coloring and sketchy style) springs into your mind.
“Well, I’m very glad to hear she’s doing well.”
“As am I.”
“Even though the outing ended in such a way, she was having fun from what I could tell.” You avoid directly mentioning the event.
“Oh? Where did you go?”
“To Kourindou and the larger human village. The market to be precise.”
“I’m sure Yue loved it. The market would be perfectly suited to her curiosity.”
“Yes, we even met a girl in the village today, running a yakitori stand; friendly enough, but she apparently had some kind of grudge against our dear Princess. Is there anything you could tell me about her?" A tired expression crosses Eirin’s face.
“You mean Mokou of Fujiwara, yes?”
“Indeed I do.”
“That girl is an acquaintance of the Princess from long ago. They say they hate each other, but it is more of a twisted friendship if anything.”
“So, should I perhaps avoid mentioning her?”
“I wouldn’t, unless you wish to get caught up in their games.”
“I see.” The pair of you return to a comfortable silence.

Not long after, you reach the kitchen. Following Eirin through another door, you find yourself in a resplendent dining room. At the flask-shaped table sits the assorted rabbit girls and rabbits on the curve with Princess Kaguya sitting at one of two seats at the “mouth.” Next to her is Yue, looking slightly uncomfortable at the head of the table. At a seat on the “neck” beside Yue is Reisen who seems to be trying to alleviate Yue’s discomfort. There are two unoccupied spots beside Reisen and one next to Kaguya on the “neck.” From what you can see, Tewi is noticeably absent. Nobody else but the Princess seems to have noticed your arrival. Eirin looks to you.
“Since the regular seating arrangement has gone ‘out the window,’ so to speak, you may choose whichever free place you like.” You begin to protest, but Eirin cuts you off. “I’ll have none of that. This is the very least I can offer in light of what you’ve done.”

Well, can’t argue with that. You choose…

[] The spot next to Kaguya.
[] The spot beside Reisen.
>> No. 10428
[X] The spot beside Reisen.
bunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunny

>(complete with pastel coloring and sketchy style)

I love it.
>> No. 10430
[x] The spot next to Kaguya which is across from Reisen

We'd have no natural conversation partner if we sat next Reisen. Sitting closer to the head is also bolder, a move you can safely make with Eirin's permission.
>> No. 10431
[x] The spot next to Kaguya which is across from Reisen
>> No. 10433
[x] The spot next to Kaguya.
[x] The spot beside Reisen.

Quantum Dapper.
>> No. 10434
Route dilemma? I reject your reality and substitute my own.

[x] Dry joke in lieu of greeting. "Today, flask. Tomorrow, graduated cylinder."
[x] The spot next to Kaguya which is across from Reisen
[x] "If anyone thinks seating order is complicated now, wait until next Thursday when we'll be dining on a Klein bottle."
>> No. 10435
>>10434
I had to Google "Klein bottle" because of this. I am better because of it, so you have my vote. That, and you used "in lieu" in your answer... which is awesome.
[X] Dry joke in lieu of greeting. "Today, flask. Tomorrow, graduated cylinder."
[X] The spot next to Kaguya which is across from Reisen
[X] "If anyone thinks seating order is complicated now, wait until next Thursday when we'll be dining on a Klein bottle."
>> No. 10436
[X] Dry joke in lieu of greeting. "Today, flask. Tomorrow, graduated cylinder."
[X] The spot next to Kaguya which is across from Reisen
[X] "If anyone thinks seating order is complicated now, wait until next Thursday when we'll be dining on a Klein bottle."
>> No. 10441
[X] Dry joke in lieu of greeting. "Today, flask. Tomorrow, graduated cylinder."
[X] The spot next to Kaguya which is across from Reisen
[X] "If anyone thinks seating order is complicated now, wait until next Thursday when we'll be dining on a Klein bottle."
>> No. 10445
Interesting write-in. Doing that thing with the typing and the ideas and whatnot now.
>> No. 10446
>>10442

Eirin at least will chuckle. Kaguya? Well, this a test to see how well-read she is.
>> No. 10450
It seems like the update was not meant to be for now. Half is written, so it shall come on the morrow. For now, I must go have a chat with the brother of Thanatos.
>> No. 10460
>>10450
I want to say Lethe, but I'm almost sure that's wrong.
>> No. 10462
>>10460

It's Hypnos. Lethe was a river.


And I must say I enjoy the references tremendously. This LA is, without a doubt, a fine example of the cultured enviroinment that makes this fine site so enjoyable to visit.
>> No. 10482
[X] Dry joke in lieu of greeting. "Today, flask. Tomorrow, graduated cylinder."
[X] The spot next to Kaguya which is across from Reisen
[X] "If anyone thinks seating order is complicated now, wait until next Thursday when we'll be dining on a Klein bottle."

As you begin to move toward your seat, you make your presence known to the group with a bit of a joke.
"Today, flask. Tomorrow, graduated cylinder." Well, you got the attention of those assembled. The only problem is that nearly all of them are staring at you blankly with the exceptions being Yue, who has brightened considerably at your entrance, and Eirin, who looks mildly surprised. You stroll over to the seat beside Princess Ka and set yourself down in the confused silence. May as well roll with it, right?
"If anyone thinks seating order is complicated now, wait until next Thursday when we'll be dining on a Klein bottle." You say with a grin. The group just continues to stare at you. Reisen eventually looks at the table and mutters to herself.
“Huh, it does kind of look like a flask, doesn’t it?” Wait, how did you hear that? From the tone and amount of breath in her voice, you shouldn’t by any rights have been able to understand that. Yet it reached your ears as clear as if she said it aloud. Interesting. Eirin takes the seat to the side of Reisen and speaks to you.
“At least someone finally realized where I found the shape idea from. While I like the reference, I am afraid all of two other people here will understand it.” She gives a glance to Reisen as she says this. The Princess dons an exaggerated look of indignation.
“Why, Eirin, I’m hurt you would think so low of my personage. I understand you have taken this Inaba as your own, but to scorn your friend in such a manner is devastating.” She completes this with the back of her hand to her forehead, causing the oversized sleeve to droop down. Eirin sighs and begins to respond in kind.
“Oh, my Princess, it was not my intention to hurt you so. I had forgotten all about the extensive learning a proper lady of the court must endure. Please, forgive my grand transgression.” She rises to her feet as she says this. The Princess fluidly mimics her and moves towards Eirin. Pulling her into an embrace, she continues.
“Oh, my Mother, Sister, Wife, and Friend. I forgive you with all the intensity to match your own. Let us never allow such petty things to mar our friendship, so full of beauty, ever again!” They stay in each other’s arms for a moment before curtseying to everyone and returning to their seats. That was…interesting.
“Nice performance. Does dinner always come with a show here?” You ask Kaguya when she sits down.
“Not always, but today is special, is it not Sir Knight?” She says with an enigmatic grin.
“I suppose so.” You look over to Yue, who seems to be positively bursting. “Hello again, Yue. Are you well?” It seems that was the spark that lit her tinderbox, for instead of a greeting she rockets toward you and gives you a flying hug. Right into your shoulders. It hurts a bit, but at least she didn’t go for your stomach. She begins to rattle of a series of “thank yous” and “you’re incredibles” before she remembers something. Reaching into her new shirt, she pulls out the necklace she received from the vendor.
“See! I didn’t let them take it! They were talking about taking something precious from me so I hid it!” So…she doesn’t realize what they really wanted to do? Thank the Outer Gods. You hug her tightly.
“Good job, Yue.” You simply say to her. Reisen clears her throat and you look across the table.
“Mister Mills, what you have done today is by no means a small feat. Please allow me to properly express my thanks.” She says with a deep bow. You notice that Eirin has inclined her head towards you and the Princess is smiling. You bow your own head in acceptance before the Princess breaks the silence.
“With that aside, shall we begin the feast?” A resounding cheer from the rabbits marks their agreement. Yue gives you one more squeeze and returns to her seat.

You move your attention to the table itself, decked out with plates filled with food. Most of the dishes are carrot based (carrot and leek stir-fry, fried rice with plenty of diced carrots, carrots under glass, etc.), but the dishes on the narrow part of the table have a more reasonable selection of foods. As you fill your plate with your desired foods, you notice a wine bottle before you and fill the glass beside your plate. The feast seems well under way (despite nobody sounding the horn) and the rest of the table has engaged in numerous conversations. Eirin and Reisen seem to be chatting about something while the Princess is quietly eating. Yue seems to be having a bit of trouble with her chopsticks.

[] Speak with someone.
-() Who?
[] This food is awesome! Stay quiet and eat.
---
>>10462

High praise from one with such knowledge of Norse myth.
>> No. 10484
[] This food is awesome! Stay quiet and eat.

as much as i wana talk about mokou with kaguya it seems a bad idea to wreck this celebration
>> No. 10485
{X} This food is awesome! Stay quiet and eat.
>> No. 10486
That turned out pretty well. Awkwardness is bearable when it's character development.

[x] Speak with Kaguya and Eirin.
-(x) "I was happy to see my hosts have the good grace to cover up my own awkward attempt at humor with their own."
-(x) Lower your voice. "Though the question may be rude, I'll hazard it anyway, rather than make assumptions that could prove to be ruder: What really is the relationship between the two of you?"
[x] Speak with Yue.
-(x) "Hey, you. I saw what you did there, spearing that carrot. If I'm being forced to use chopsticks properly, you are forced to use chopsticks properly."
[x] Speak with Reisen
-(x) "So... Inaba-taken-as-Eirin's-own, did you cook this? Because if so, it's fabulous. But, uh, should I worried about Vitamin A poisoning during my stay here?"
-(x) "You muttered, 'It does kind of look like a flask, doesn’t it?' Maybe it's just a hyperacuity, or maybe... I can read your mind." Press your fingers on her forehead in imitation of the Vulcan mind meld. "Dessert... will be... some kind of... cake... with a certain... vegetable... begins with a 'c'... Yue, help me out here."
-(⌛) Check the time. "So, where is your more rascally comrade? I haven't seen her in a while, and I'm starting to fear an ambush."
>> No. 10490
[x] Speak with someone.
-(x) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.

Reisen and Eirin already seem occupied with a conversation of their own and I just fucking love the dynamic that KC has with Princess Ka.
>> No. 10494
[x] Speak with Kaguya and Eirin.
-(x) "I was happy to see my hosts have the good grace to cover up my own awkward attempt at humor with their own."
-(x) Lower your voice. "Though the question may be rude, I'll hazard it anyway, rather than make assumptions that could prove to be ruder: What really is the relationship between the two of you?"
[x] Speak with Yue.
-(x) "Hey, you. I saw what you did there, spearing that carrot. If I'm being forced to use chopsticks properly, you are forced to use chopsticks properly."
[x] Speak with Reisen
-(x) "So... Inaba-taken-as-Eirin's-own, did you cook this? Because if so, it's fabulous. But, uh, should I worried about Vitamin A poisoning during my stay here?"
-(x) "You muttered, 'It does kind of look like a flask, doesn’t it?' Maybe it's just a hyperacuity, or maybe... I can read your mind." Press your fingers on her forehead in imitation of the Vulcan mind meld. "Dessert... will be... some kind of... cake... with a certain... vegetable... begins with a 'c'... Yue, help me out here."
-(⌛) Check the time. "So, where is your more rascally comrade? I haven't seen her in a while, and I'm starting to fear an ambush."

GENIUS

>>10462
Fuck. That was my second guess.
>> No. 10499
>>10462

here I was all smug thinking it was Morpheus.

[x] Speak with Kaguya and Eirin.
-(x) "I was happy to see my hosts have the good grace to cover up my own awkward attempt at humor with their own."
-(x) Lower your voice. "Though the question may be rude, I'll hazard it anyway, rather than make assumptions that could prove to be ruder: What really is the relationship between the two of you?"
[x] Speak with Yue.
-(x) "Hey, you. I saw what you did there, spearing that carrot. If I'm being forced to use chopsticks properly, you are forced to use chopsticks properly."
[x] Speak with Reisen
-(x) "So... Inaba-taken-as-Eirin's-own, did you cook this? Because if so, it's fabulous. But, uh, should I worried about Vitamin A poisoning during my stay here?"
-(x) "You muttered, 'It does kind of look like a flask, doesn’t it?' Maybe it's just a hyperacuity, or maybe... I can read your mind." Press your fingers on her forehead in imitation of the Vulcan mind meld. "Dessert... will be... some kind of... cake... with a certain... vegetable... begins with a 'c'... Yue, help me out here."
-(⌛) Check the time. "So, where is your more rascally comrade? I haven't seen her in a while, and I'm starting to fear an ambush."

xbox hueg writeins. wherein anonymous practically writes the story for you.

for great justice.
>> No. 10500
[x] Speak with someone.
-(x) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.

I don't like that write-in.

It brings up a touchy subject when it's supposed to be HAPPY PARTY TIME(let's bring it up later if we're that curious), calls out Yue in front of everybody else for no good reason and then proceeds to not help her with her problem, and then proceeds to joke about carrots, with a rabbit, again. I'm sure she's heard that a million times. And then you put your hands against her head like you're reading her mind(Are you close enough to do that? Even if you are, doesn't that seem a little bit condescending?) It's like it's trying to piss everyone off and kill the mood.
>> No. 10501
[x] Speak with someone.
-(x) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.

>>10499
> here I was all smug thinking it was Morpheus.
Not so wrong. Morpheus is the God of Dreams, Hypnos the God of Sleep. They are both supposed to be Brothers of Thanatos. But I have also read that Morpheus is supposed to be the Son of Hypnos, which would make him the Death God's Nephew.
>> No. 10502
>>10500
Take it easy~

Anyway I'm more interested in what Kaguya said, namely:

>>“Oh, my Mother, Sister, Wife, and Friend."

So..... Erin is Kaguya's waifu?
>> No. 10504
[x] Speak with someone.
-(x) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.
>> No. 10505
[x] Speak with Kaguya and Eirin.
-(x) "I was happy to see my hosts have the good grace to cover up my own awkward attempt at humor with their own."
-(x) Lower your voice. "Though the question may be rude, I'll hazard it anyway, rather than make assumptions that could prove to be ruder: What really is the relationship between the two of you?"
[x] Speak with Yue.
-(x) "Hey, you. I saw what you did there, spearing that carrot. If I'm being forced to use chopsticks properly, you are forced to use chopsticks properly."
[x] Speak with Reisen
-(x) "So... Inaba-taken-as-Eirin's-own, did you cook this? Because if so, it's fabulous. But, uh, should I worried about Vitamin A poisoning during my stay here?"
-(x) "You muttered, 'It does kind of look like a flask, doesn’t it?' Maybe it's just a hyperacuity, or maybe... I can read your mind." Press your fingers on her forehead in imitation of the Vulcan mind meld. "Dessert... will be... some kind of... cake... with a certain... vegetable... begins with a 'c'... Yue, help me out here."
-(⌛) Check the time. "So, where is your more rascally comrade? I haven't seen her in a while, and I'm starting to fear an ambush."
>> No. 10507
[x] Speak with Kaguya and Eirin.
-(x) "I was happy to see my hosts have the good grace to cover up my own awkward attempt at humor with their own."
-(x) Lower your voice. "Though the question may be rude, I'll hazard it anyway, rather than make assumptions that could prove to be ruder: What really is the relationship between the two of you?"
[x] Speak with Yue.
-(x) "Hey, you. I saw what you did there, spearing that carrot. If I'm being forced to use chopsticks properly, you are forced to use chopsticks properly."
[x] Speak with Reisen
-(x) "So... Inaba-taken-as-Eirin's-own, did you cook this? Because if so, it's fabulous. But, uh, should I worried about Vitamin A poisoning during my stay here?"
-(x) "You muttered, 'It does kind of look like a flask, doesn’t it?' Maybe it's just a hyperacuity, or maybe... I can read your mind." Press your fingers on her forehead in imitation of the Vulcan mind meld. "Dessert... will be... some kind of... cake... with a certain... vegetable... begins with a 'c'... Yue, help me out here."
-(⌛) Check the time. "So, where is your more rascally comrade? I haven't seen her in a while, and I'm starting to fear an ambush."

Anyone who thinks any of the above would kill the mood, don't know what the mood is. This is practically an award banquet in your name; it's expected the young dapper gentleman will take center stage. Take the hint from your hosts' earlier theatrics and be more willing to entertain, Anonymous.
>> No. 10510
>>10501

Quite so, but when dealing with dreams we also have Phobetor and Phantasos (nightmare and apparition) involved besides Morpheus.

Silly greeks, couldn't even keep their pantheon down to a manageable number of entities.

And to get back to srs bizns.

[ODIN] This food is awesome! Stay quiet and eat.

Don't really like the write-in. It would be better to sit back and observe for a bit, we might learn a bit more from that than we would from chatting up everyone around the table. And as the Allfather's wisdom tells:

Let the wary stranger who seeks refreshment keep silent with sharpened hearing;
with his ears let him listen, and look with his eyes;
thus each wise man spies out the way.
>> No. 10513
>>10511
Ouch, man. Ouch.
>> No. 10516
[X] This food is awesome! Stay quiet and eat.

Autosage just kicked in, yo.
>> No. 10517
[x] Speak with someone.
-(x) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.
>> No. 10519
[X] Speak with someone.
-(X) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.

Fuck the wall. >>10500 hit the nail on the head.
>> No. 10520
[X] Speak with someone.
-(X) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.
>> No. 10524
[X] Speak with someone.
-(X) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.
>> No. 10526
[X] Speak with someone.
-(X) Yue, long enough to tell her how to use chopsticks properly, then Kaguya.
>> No. 10527
Just got back from schoolan gaems. Update may come either tonight or tomorrow in a new thread.