[Return]
Archived thread

File 121909223750.jpg - (20.44KB , 389x454 , Normal Ame - Copie.jpg ) [iqdb]
9142 No. 9142
There are already a lot of stories in there? don't really care. I've been working on this story for a long while, polishing the plotline and the how and why, hunting mistakes and problems. I've done my best to come up with something that should be good and I hope y'all enjoy it as much as I did creating it. It's mainly centered around the Eientei characters but I decided to include... a little surprise. I intend it to be a "somewhat" serious LA story-wise. Write-ins are strongly encouraged and feebacks/critics are more than welcome since it's my first time going for such a big project

-------------------------------------------------
C://Executing T.A.L.E. V0.6[BETA].exe

C://Loading...


MAIN MENU
New Game
>Load Game
Options
Special Features
Quit

>> No. 9143
Black Amethyst? Where have I seen that before?

[X] New Game
>> No. 9144
[X] New Game

Lets get right into it, and see what you're made of.
>> No. 9145
[X] New Game

Just hope this isn't some abomination like Teruyo's works.
>> No. 9147
[x] New Game

nightshade is like my favortie writer can you try to right like him maybe
>> No. 9148
[X] New Game
>> No. 9155
lol delete?
>> No. 9156
Scratch everything, I'm just as tired as the main char I didn't realize how low the quality was. I'm seriously ashamed of myself and I can't just let it the way it is. This post goes in revision, expect something more decent later tonight if not, then I'll post it tomorrow when I'll have some sleep
>> No. 9158
And here I was thinking there might be a new CYOA that's good.

Oh well. With quantity come QUALITY.
>> No. 9159
I missed it, how horrible was it?
>> No. 9161
This CYOA has had a horrible start. I can see no good coming form it.
>> No. 9162
>>9159 Horrible enough for me to rage against myself

--------------------------------------------
You close the door of your apartment without making a noise. You got to admit, it has been a horrible day. It started with the painfully high pitched tears of your neighbor’s baby at the decent hour of 3 AM and continued until 6AM. As if getting your night ruined by this monster was not annoying enough, the bus you usually take to get to college was out of service god knows why. If it had arrived just any normal day, you would have gladly jumped on the opportunity to take the day off and recover your energy, but sadly, it is impossible. Why? but because you had an exam scheduled this morning. You chase the thought, not willing to think about it anymore. It is no mystery that your result will be bad, but you really don’t care at the moment. After the college, you had to spend a couple hours at work; after all, not everyone is a NEET. And to make it even better, your boss was disappointed as you usually never slack on your part-time job. So “disappointed” you almost thought you would get fired by the end of his speech

You crash on the couch and immediately grab the selector. You turn the television on, deciding that you worked more than enough and that you deserve a break. The news reporters are babbling about their usual share of bullshit nobody cares about. The Russian government created controversy in Georgia. Canada still sucks at the Olympic Games. Nothing of all this is truly new. You start pressing the channel button randomly, stopping now and then on some movies that seem interesting at first, but nothing retains your attention. Your mind starts wandering away and the channels keep succeeding eachothers without displaying anything of interest. You even take a look on the “Special channels” you got recently but the only thing that really came out of the ordinary was some gay porn channel that you mentally took note to get rid of as soon as possible.

Interrupting your routine, the phone starts ringing. You take a quick glance at your watch: 21:48. It’s unusual for anybody to call that late, especially since you only moved here recently. You lazily stand up and take the phone. Before you can even place a word, a hysteric voice erupts from it.

-“Hey dude, it’s me Sanzo! Guess what!”
-“I got no idea and I don’t care?” you reply coldly
-“Hey come on!” he insists hastily “As soon as you let me talk, I assure you will NOT regret. Actually, you WILL love what I have to say”
-“You’re the one who’s talking and not going anywhere near a point. What is it?” you ask, starting to get annoyed.
-“Well, go figure my torrents finished downloading!” (That’s all?) “I’ve got a huge load of GOLD in there!” (Yeah, I’m sure of that too Sanzo) “H-games, STGs, even that old PS2 RPG you were looking for” (Wait, I was looking for something?) “I got it on Emulator!” (Good for you) “Hurry up to my place I’ve got tons of new stuff to show you!”

Sanzo Takashiro, That’s an old friend of yours, you met him while you were in High School and the two of you always stuck together. You don’t really know why, His obsession with animes and all that is japan in general sometimes get on your nerves but you can’t hate the guy. Despite being a complete Otaku, he’s helped you out of embarrassing situations more than once and always been there when you needed something. You consider his offer for a moment. The thought of playing some new video games and forgetting this day is tempting, especially since it’s Saturday tomorrow and you can sleep as late as you want. However, getting to his apartment would require effort and it’s immediately loosing much of it’s appeal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ] Accept the offer and stay over at your friend’s
Or
[ ] Decline [Choose from the following]

[ ] Go to sleep immediately
[ ] Keep watching the television
[ ] Check out your forums/imageboards
[ ] Take a walk outside
[ ] Find something else to do (Write-in)

---------------------------------------------
As I said in my very first post, honest critics are welcome. Even stuff like "Holy shit your grammar suck" was useful as it made me realize my writing goes atrociously downhill when I'm tired. Sorry for the bad start, I won't let the fact that my English is self-taught get in the way and it will probably improve by itself as the story goes on. Hope this "revised" V of my first post doesn't suck as bad as the last one considering I'm even more tired.
>> No. 9163
[x] Decline
[x] Take a walk outside
>> No. 9164
>high pitched tears

More like high pitched cries.

>out of service god knows why

Would read better with a comma after service. The sentence following that doesn't seem to make much sense.

>And to make it even better

Generally, don't start sentences with 'and'.

>Sanzo Takashiro >obsession with animes and all that is japan

Japanese people tend to like Japanese entertainment and Japanese culture.

>my writing goes atrociously downhill when I'm tired.
>Hope this "revised" V of my first post doesn't suck as bad as the last one considering I'm even more tired.

Then don't write?
>> No. 9165
Point Granted. I'll leave it to that for tonight, I'll probably won't be up before midday
>> No. 9167
Incorrect:
-“I got no idea and I don’t care?” you reply coldly

Correct:
"I've got no idea, and I don't care," you reply coldly.
>> No. 9170
ITT English Lessons for Writefags.
>> No. 9215
[x] Decline
[x] Take a walk outside
>> No. 9216
[w] Decline
[w] Take a walk outside
>> No. 9224
>>9170

Well, someone must put them on the line.
>> No. 9246
- “Nah, sorry not tonight Sanzo. I just don’t feel like it.” You answer.
-“You don’t get the greatness of--” He starts.
-“Yeah yeah, whatever you want.” You cut him before he can place any argument.
Silence.
-“Fine! I’ll call’ya again some other time.” He finally drops before hanging up the phone.

You put back the phone at it’s place and stretch your arms. The reason behind not wanting to go to your friend’s was not really the distance. Actually, you just wanted some peace. Some time to just relax and think would be good. It’s been a while since you’ve been able to do that. You put your shoes back on and leave your apartment in silence. As you leave the building itself, you take a look around and sigh. There isn’t any park or even a small spot with vegetation in this city. You could even say it’s a jungle of steel and glass. It’s hard to have some time alone as of late.

Can’t help it, you’re living in a large city on the American west shore, not too far from Los Angeles. You don’t particularly like nor hate the States, but sometimes, you feel like you would like to be somewhere else. Where exactly? You don’t really know… Europe? Asia? it’s just a feeling you get when staring at the nocturnal sky. Talking about the sky… You stop for a moment and lean against a light post. With the amount of parasite light, it has always been impossible for you to observe the stars. The only thing you could ever gaze at was the moon. Right now, it’s crescent and approaching the full moon. Just two or three days still. Giving it a second look, you realize it’s bigger than usual. You don’t really know how this is possible, if it’s just some optic illusion or something, but the moon seems twice the size you’re used to see it.

You resume your walk, almost forgetting about the moon. You keep walking for about twenty minutes without encountering much activity. That’s what you particularly like with the night: You can breathe some “fresh” air while having some tranquility. You take a quick glance at your watch. It’s not that late, you’re surprised it’s that calm, especially for a Friday. You stop and look around. You walked quite a bit; you’re in the older part of the city now. To be precise, you are now at the south end of the Don Castigo Avenue. It is a commercial street offering many odds shops and bazaars. You take out your wallet and count the money you got on you. Total? You’ve got about 200 dollars and few coins. As you put back the wallet in your pocket, you hear a metallic noise coming from a back alley on your left. Sounds like something big hit a garbage container or something like that.

-------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Keep walking and go deeper in the Old City
[ ] Search for something to buy on the Don Castigo Avenue [Precise what you’re looking for]
[ ] Investigate the noise
[ ] Just go back home
>> No. 9250
[x] Search the pawn shops on Don Castigo Avenue for an "antique firearm"; can never be too careful on these streets.

If it's over 50 years old, it doesn't require a waiting period, background check, or a license in the State of California.
>> No. 9251
[x] Search the pawn shops on Don Castigo Avenue for an "antique firearm"; can never be too careful on these streets.

Awesome.
>> No. 9254
[x] Search the pawn shops on Don Castigo Avenue for an "antique firearm"; can never be too careful on these streets.
[x] Look for pharmacy. Buy earplugs (so that baby won't wake you up again), cough syrup, a 1 liter bottle of Sprite, and a package of jolly ranchers.

Nothing to do? Let's wander around the streets with a firearm while consuming purple drank.
>> No. 9255
>>9253
>You know, we don't actually know how to care for a firearm.

Says who?
>> No. 9258
>>9253>>9255

Or, do we? I wonder I wonder
>> No. 9262
You stop for a second but quickly give up the idea of investigating the noise. If it isn’t an animal or some other “natural” event that caused it, then you just know it may not be a good idea to sneak into other people’s business. You continue down the Don Castigo Avenue and as if to confirm your intuition, gunshots echoes from what you believe to be the back alley you decided not to investigate. Something tempts you to turn around and see what happened, but you get the feeling it may not be the best thing to do. The footsteps of a few men running away quickly fade away with the distance.

The Streets sure aren’t always as safe as we wish or think they should be. Speaking of which, you’ve been willing to buy a gun lately. However, what you really want is a cool firearm more than a combat weapon. What about an old pistol? Something from the era of the Civil war? Something from the Antilles? You don’t have a set idea of the background; you just want one that catches your eyes. You hasten the pace and take a quick look on the shops and stands on both sides of the street. Not only they are still open at night, but odds are it’s the time when this place is most active. You keep walking for a good fifteen minutes as shops of suspicious-looking merchandises succeed one another. Unknown substances, exotic charms, African amulets, being in a black market wouldn’t feel any weirder.

Finally, you find a shop that has what interests you. It is owned by a short, slightly fat man. He wears old jeans covered with scratches and stains as well as a black T-shirt with written on it the slogan ”Hippies are closet faggots”. On the walls you can see numerous old and exotic articles, most of them being clothing and everyday items of another era. You can see a few weapons: Daggers that wouldn’t cut shit… oh is that a crossbow? Yup, that’s quite an elegant one. You quickly see everything there is to see in the small shop and eventually find what you came here to get. There isn’t much of a choice, but a particular pistol catches your attention. It is about thirty centimeters long and is made of red mahogany. It’s curved frame remembering a pirate’s weapon is ornamented by two lines, one of gold and one of silver, spiraling from the handle to the barrel and intertwining with each other. The barrel is made of an iron darker than the night itself.

-“Looks like that good sir got an eye for pretty things!” says the shopkeeper as he notice your interest.
-“Err, yah… So, is that thing actually able to work?” you ask bluntly
-“Everything in my shop is!” replies the owner, slightly irritated “You buying it?”
-“Hmmm… how much for it?” you ask,
-“Ammo included, I’ll leave you this little masterpiece for 1300$”

You take a second to think. Considering the prices you have already seen at some other places, it seems quite an interesting deal for an antic weapon, especially if it’s still able to work. Unfortunately, with your studies, your apartment and all, you don’t have much money to spend, especially on items like this. You’d have to be close to your money for a while after this, but it may be your only occasion to buy it. You take a look at the weapon, then at the shopkeeper

-“NOT negotiable” he says, as if guessing what you were about to think.
-------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Buy the pistol for 1300$
[ ] Try to negotiate despite the advice
[ ] Look for something else (If chosen, specify what and if it’s here or in another shop)
[ ] Just leave
>> No. 9280
$1,300?

hahaha wow

[x] "All right. Visa, AmEx, or Mastercard?"

Screw the rules, I have a credit card.
>> No. 9283
>>9280

lolwut, there were rules?
>> No. 9284
>>9283

lurk moar
>> No. 9332
[x] "All right. Visa, AmEx, or Mastercard?"


Debt doesn't mean a thing since we're about to get sucked into another world very soon, right?

Right?!
>> No. 9340
[x] "All right. Visa, AmEx, or Mastercard?"
>> No. 9344
[x] "All right. Visa, AmEx, or Mastercard?"

I hope this isn't transferred into karmic debt.
>> No. 9385
-"All right. Visa, AmEx, or Mastercard?"
-“Visa, I’ve got some, aherm, problems with Mastercard.” He replies quietly

It didn’t take long to decide; what’s the point in having money if you don’t use it? After the transaction is completed, you take a moment to examine the object. You aren’t a professional, but it doesn’t look like an imitation. In the meanwhile, two more customers enter in the shop. Only now, you realize you had been alone with the shopkeeper for all that time. You take a look at the two newcomers. Both are wearing long, black trenchcoats. The first one is a tall man with an old hat which would fit more in a masquerade ball than in the streets of any modern city. The second one is a young girl, about 20. Unlike the man, you can see her face. The tall man took out a photo and showed it to the shopkeeper who shrugged and pointed with an annoyed look in your general direction. Immediately, the two strangers walk toward you without a word. They stop within a meter of you and look at eachother

-“You have geut to be keidding me” says the girl, visibly irritated and with a major german accent “We could neut just search for eit, we geut EIN SCHWULLER to geit rid of” She then looks at you with anger and add, to your intention this time “You keiddo, you REALLY should geive me this thing.”
-“Hahahaha NO” You stare back at the girl wondering what is wrong with her “I have no idea what you want, but I won’t give it to you just for your pretty eyes ‘ya know?”
-“Why you leittle--” She starts, but is immediately interrupted by the tall man with the hat.
-“Enough with this farce!” He says with flawless English. “Emma, let me handle this matter. My good sir, we are collectors and, unfortunately, desire the article you just acquired. Of course we will be disposed to pay twice the amount you paid it.”
-“Nah, I’ve been thinking about buying one of these for a while, it’s not really a matter of money.” You answer
-“I insist, we can even negotiate a price for this item. We are quite determined to acquire this Item”
-“I told you already: I bought it, it’s mine. Get over it”

They are starting to get on your nerves, especially after the sucky day you’ve been through. You really don’t feel like arguing you just want to get some sleep as soon as possible.

-“This is einsulting” the German girl says “We should just--”
-“Calm down my dear, not in a place like this…” he tell her before looking back at you. He removes his hat and plants his black eyes into yours “Gentleman, we will meet again. My name is Enrico Lestrade, I come from Rome”

And with this, the strange duo leaves the shop in silence. The shopkeeper glares at you, realizing how much money he could have made by selling it to them instead. You leave the shop and lean against a light post. Just what was their problem anyway? You take a look at your watch. It’s nearly midnight already, you could still do a thing or two, but you are getting quite tired.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Head back home
[ ] Find some place to try your pistol
[ ] Follow Enrico and Emma
[ ] Wander around some more
>> No. 9386
Now we have protection from ze Germans.

[x] Find some place to try your pistol

Like that alley we heard shots from earlier. Seemed to be a happening place.
>> No. 9397
[x] Find some place to try your pistol

fucking germans
fucking nihilists
>> No. 9398
[x] Find some place to try your pistol
>> No. 9399
And suddenly, votes.

1 or 2 more and Writan.
>> No. 9400
[x] Find some place to try your pistol

We're going to get our shit wrecked by some sort of german mafia, aren't we?
>> No. 9402
[x] Find some place to try your pistol

VHERE IST THE MONEY, LEWBOWSKI?
>> No. 9430
Before heading back, there is still one little thing you want to do. The guy DID say it was in working condition didn’t he? You want to see for yourself, and right now, how this weapon really works. However, the middle of the street doesn’t seem the most appropriate place for that. You remember the back alley in which you heard gunshots earlier and the weird idea of trying it out there pops out. You quickly chase the thought that it may not be a good idea to play with a weapon on a crime scene. After all, this is San Pedro, who gives a damn?

You walk back the street and easily find the back alley, remembering the big blue container that first attracted your attention. There are blood stains on the container and on the ground, but no body. You walk in and look around. Finally, you find the body, or rather what remains of it, behind the container. The corpse is headless and the fingers seem to have been chopped off. No sign of either the head or the fingers anywhere in the alley, did the perpetrator bring them with him? You stare at the corpse for a moment and despite your current tiredness, you can’t help but hate whoever did that. For a second, you are left wondering on what could have led to such events. Who were those men, what had this one done to deserve that?

But in any case, you’re not here for that. You take out the pistol. Having no holster to store it in, you had to stick it between your belt and your pants. You take a look at the mechanism. It doesn’t look complicated at all; you can identify easily the components. Amusingly enough, there is no security on this old weapon. It doesn’t really surprise you, you didn’t expect one, but you realize how different it feels shooting with this little artifact than with a “real”, modern weapon.

You then take out a small pouch made of black leather the shopkeeper gave you. Is it really safe to carry bullets in that? As you open the pouch, a little piece of old paper comes out and falls on the ground, near the corpse. You don’t really pay attention and take a bullet. They look like ordinary bullets, but while the socket is of the regular gold-ish color, the bullet itself is of a red-orange shade. You load it and arm the weapon. You take aim and move it around, targeting several random points and imaginary enemies. The handle seems to perfectly fit your hand.

You stop and put the pistol back between your belt and your pants. You take the pouch again and count how many bullets the guy gave you with it. Including the one in your weapon right now, you got 33 bullets. You close the little pouch and stuff it into your pocket. Taking aim once again, you resume your little game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Shoot at an object [Specify]
[ ] Shoot at the corpse
[ ] Save your bullets, don’t shoot and head back home
>> No. 9432
[ ] Shoot at an object [Forehead]
>> No. 9433
[x] Check the body for a wallet; he doesn't need it anymore.
[x] Pick up the piece of paper & read it.
[x] Tie the pouch to your belt loop for ease of access.
[x] Shoot at the corpse.

Maybe the bullets have some kind of special effect on living tissue?
>> No. 9435
[x] Check the body for a wallet; he doesn't need it anymore.
[x] Pick up the piece of paper & read it.
[x] Tie the pouch to your belt loop for ease of access.
[x] Shoot at the corpse.

Okay.
>> No. 9440
[x] Check the body for a wallet; he doesn't need it anymore.
[x] Pick up the piece of paper & read it.
[x] Tie the pouch to your belt loop for ease of access.
[x] Shoot at the corpse.
>> No. 9463
Waitin' for First-to-five
>> No. 9464
[x] Check the body for a wallet; he doesn't need it anymore.
[x] Pick up the piece of paper & read it.
[x] Tie the pouch to your belt loop for ease of access.
[x] Shoot at the corpse.

wandbagon
>> No. 9473
[x] Check the body for a wallet; he doesn't need it anymore.
[x] Pick up the piece of paper & read it.
[x] Tie the pouch to your belt loop for ease of access.
[x] Shoot at the corpse.

Maybe you should reduce it to first to 3?
>> No. 9475
Maybe, maybe

Or is it part of an incredibly stupid-yet-evil plan?

Anyway, writan nao
>> No. 9476
>Anyway, writan nao

hooray.jpg
>> No. 9478
Hmpf, with this write-in I expected the update to be somewhat longer... I blame lack of dialogue
-------------------------------------------------
More of a reflex than an actual choice, your aim automatically goes for the head. You lower your weapon and direct the barrel towards the heart instead, seeing as there isn’t any head to shoot anymore. You pull the trigger but only too late do you realize: This is a human body that was murdered few minutes ago, when the police will do the autopsy, they’ll find your bullet and—

WRONG! You chase the thought just as suddenly as it came. First off, you didn’t kill anyone; the police will realize that your bullet was not the cause of the death. Second, YOUR bullet, that’s if they can ever track down who bought this oh conveniently unique and unregistered pistol. Yeah, you’re pretty much safe as long as you keep it to your pistol. Talking about safe...

You put back the weapon into it’s improvised holster and get on your knees near the corpse. You wrap your left hand in the bottom of your large T-shirt and search the pockets. It may look silly, but nobody should be watching, and that way you won’t be leaving any fingerprints. You finally find the wallet and take it out. You ignore the cards and pieces of Identity, only taking the money. Once you are done, you take the wallet, once again with your hand wrapped in the cloth of your T-shirt. For a split second the gross idea of stuffing the wallet into the bleeding gap that is now the corpse’s neck pop in you, but you immediately shake off this bizarre idea and just put it back in the pocket you found it. You put the money in your own wallet and stand up, ready to leave, but then you remember something. That’s right, there was a little piece of paper that fell on the ground when you opened the pouch. You didn’t pay attention back then but now it tickles your curiosity, especially since it looked old.

You take a look around but the darkness makes it hard to search. You spend easily ten minutes in vain and just as you’re about to give up, your fingers touch something that may be what you were looking for. It was stuck between the container and the wall. Weird, how’d’ it get in there? You take it out and look at it. It’s no ordinary paper that’s for sure, but it’s too dark to read. You take a few steps toward the only light in the back alley and try again. The paper is yellow-ish and the edge seems burned. Additionally, there’s a stain of fresh blood over it. Fresh? The spot you found it in was clean. Whatever… There are three words on the paper, two of them seem Latin or Greek, you couldn’t give less of a shit about these dead languages, and the last one is a color. It reads as following:

“Ignis, voro
Vermillion”

You raise your eyebrows, wondering what it could mean. You take a quick glance to the corpse and realize that the hole in it’s chest is quite large. You come closer and inspect the wound. Your eyes didn’t lie; it’s easily 3 or 4 centimeters wide. The bullet itself seems to have vanished. You move the corpse’s torso forward and look behind it. No sign of the – WOAH, what’s that? The area behind the man’s back is all cracked and a small, yet deep, circular hole is in the wall about where you shot. Is it really your pistol that did that?

You take the pouch out of your pocket to examine once again the bullets. God it’s annoying to take out. You untie it and take another look on the bullet. Despite their strange colors, they look like normal bullets. Those cracks must have been there before, if you had bought an experimental magnum or something from the US army, maybe it would make sense, but those are just plain bullets for a pistol old of a few centuries. You tie the pouch at your belt for an easier access and let your T-shirt cover both the pouch and the pistol. Well, that sure was some weird day, started with a quantity of shit events, then you went out to take a walk, avoided a possible death, ended up buying an antique firearm and being approached by some weird duo from what could be the German Mafia as far as you knew. Time for a break. Of course, you could still wander some more, despite being tired, you’re not sleepy for obvious reasons. Problem is: where to go? And the paper, keeping it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Money acquired: 163$. Total: 369$
Bullets remaining: 32
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Find something else to do [Write-in] leave the paper
[ ] Find something else to do [Write-in] pocket the paper
[ ] Head back home, leave the paper
[ ] Head back home, pocket the paper
>> No. 9486
>Ignis, voro

Consuming fire? Consuming passion?

>Vermillion

obvious synonym for "scarlet"

We also have quite a bit of money.

[x] Pocket the paper.
[x] Look in a vintage clothing store for some new attire; you're going to have to burn the ones your wearing when you get home.
[x] Buy a megaphone so you can yell at your neighbors if their goddamn baby wakes you up again.
>> No. 9489
[x] Pocket the paper.
[x] Look in a vintage clothing store for some new attire; you're going to have to burn the ones your wearing when you get home.
[x] Buy a megaphone so you can yell at your neighbors if their goddamn baby wakes you up again.

Changing vote, this guy looks like he knows what he's doing.
>> No. 9490
[x] Pocket the paper.
[x] Look in a vintage clothing store for some new attire; you're going to have to burn the ones your wearing when you get home.
[x] Buy a megaphone so you can yell at your neighbors if their goddamn baby wakes you up again.
>> No. 9535
[x] Pocket the paper.
[x] Look in a vintage clothing store for some new attire; you're going to have to burn the ones *you're wearing when you get home.
[x] Buy a megaphone so you can yell at your neighbors if their goddamn baby wakes you up again.

>>9486
>>Ignis, voro
>Consuming fire? Consuming passion?
"Fire-eater"?

...the sad thing is that nobody else but probably Jerl will FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF at that guess.

Also, I guess we have a youkai-killing gun? It's ancient, it's funky... sounds like a "weapon with 'history'" to me.
>> No. 9547
Protip: This comma ain't here just for fun

Anyway, College today, I'll be writing when I come back
>> No. 9551
>>9547
>Protip: This comma ain't here just for fun

So it's "fire, eat it" then?

I'm guessing Vermilion is the name or pseudonym of whoever wrote it.
>> No. 9579
You put the paper back into your jeans pocket and take a moment to think. You never gave a shit about Latin, but this language seems to be popular in video games nowadays. Without any doubt, you can identify the first term "Ignis" as meaning fire. As for "Voro"? Well that's another story, it could mean a lot of things and there's no way to be sure. Finally, Vermillion? Once again it could be anything, a signature, the pseudonym of the author, the name of something. All of it is quite vague and you decide to keep the little piece of paper with you, after all it, this weapon sure does look like it has some history. Maybe those confused words are an hint of it's identity? Or maybe you're just too much into video games…

Nevertheless, you made a decent amount of money and while you're here there are still a few things you could want to get. First off, you'd be interested in some cool clothing to go with the pistol. Talking of which, you're tired of just referring to it as a normal firearm. You decide to name it "Vermillion". Why? It just feels fitting.

You wander aimlessly for a long moment before finally finding what you were searching for. You wanted some vintage clothing but the shop you bought the Vermillion at only sold antiques. It took about half an hour of research to find a shop that sold those and another half to find one that was actually open in the middle of the night. However, your efforts are rewarded. As soon as you step in the shop, you locate your target.

It's hanging near the seller who is sleeping behind the cashier. You smirk as it reminds you of your own attitude earlier at work. You take a quick look around you but nothing seems able to compare to the rare model you have before your eyes. You walk toward it and examine it thoroughly. The main asset of the set is certainly the paisley jacket. Red and light brown motives are swarming over the black background, resulting in a unique effect. Under it, there’s a more classic orange shirt and a brown tie competing in style with the jacket itself. The pants are dark brown and fit surprisingly well with the rest. Everything seems in perfect quality. TOO perfect, you check the price. 249’99$? There HAS to be a trap now isn’t it? You inspect the suit again, looking from every angle and finally find the problem. There is a bad repair on the left back pocket of the pants, but it doesn’t really show off. In fact, if you weren’t searching for it, you might have not noticed it at all.

Considering this your lucky day, two excellent deals in a few hours, you immediately buy the suit. Well, immediately, that is after you wake the guy up. He looks at you with a sleepy-face on which surprise and apathy are in conflict. You leave the shop and head to your next destination. You got an idea to give those neighbors a lesson they will not forget, oh yes you do. But first, you need to get a megaphone. After some more wandering, you find one that should do the job. After all it’s made to piss people off, not to be pretty, no?

You head back to your apartment and the rest of the night is eventless. As you close the door, you take a look on your watch. Goddamnit, 2 AM? Good thing you don’t have anything planned tomorrow morning. You hang the suit and put the megaphone near your bed before letting yourself fall on the sheets. Shit, you’ve been running around for nearly 24 hours straight, you didn’t realize you were that exhausted. To hell with the pajama, as soon as your head hit the pillow, you fall into Morphée’s world…
-----------------------------------------------
Mystery choice:
[ ] 6
[ ] 1
[ ] 11
[ ] EO
>> No. 9581
[ ] 11
>> No. 9587
[x] 11

If I turn my head sideways and squint hard enough, it looks like one person lying on top of another.
>> No. 9611
EO? WTF?

[x]6
>> No. 9618
[x] 11
>> No. 9622
>>9611
Thought I made it purposely hard to guess, there's a sense behind all those numbers and letters
>> No. 9624
>>9622

Let me guess.

6. Upside down 9
1. SO RONRY
11. It's the prime choice
EO. Everquest Online.

[x]EO
>> No. 9625
[x] ⑨
>> No. 9636
>11. It's the prime choice

ha that's cute

[x] 11
>> No. 9665
UPDATE
>> No. 9666
[x] 11
>> No. 9669
>>9665
Should've warned. I was pretty busy at work last two days. Update coming either tonight or tomorow somewhere around 6 AM (FYI I'm at GMT-5 or so)
>> No. 9671
Blue. Everything around you is blue and your blurred vision slowly become clearer as time pass. Everything is blue, a light, relaxing shade of blue actually. It pretty much remind you of those summer evenings long ago when you used to just lay down and watch the sky. In fact, that’s exactly where you are, in the sky. Or so you realize as you see a cloud lazily sliding by your left side. Wait... WHAT? You take a look under you and realize you are several hundred meters over a forest. You panic, what the hell just happened, how did you get here? Won’t you fall? Your eyes open wide and you try to move, say something, but nothing happens at all. You remain here, motionless. Not only you don’t fall, but you can’t move at all anymore. Everything around you becomes gray and shaky, as if the whole world around you was a television show and the reception suddenly lost the signal.

Just as quickly as it appeared, the parasites disappear and you are somewhere else. This time you are standing at the peak of a high mountain. You look around you only for your eyes to be met by the sight of something you had never seen before. No matter where you look, your vision is filled with mountains, trees, rivers and lakes. The air is incredibly fresh and the pollution is non-existent. Where the fuck are you now? It feels like a dream, and that would explain why you can’t really move. But Jesus what a dream, everything looks more real than real life itself. Wait, what’s that? You could bet your ass you had seen a large mansion amidst the mist over that lake nearby. Is it floating? Interrupting your discovery, your vision blurs and the world around you becomes a butchered nothingness of pixels of various shades of grays.

Once again, when your vision comes back to you, you are somewhere else. It would seem you are near of some village that looks to be right out of a medieval movie. This time, the parasites appear again before you can get a clear view of where you appeared. For what seems to be an Eternity, this little game continues. The world fades in and out, showing you numerous sceneries and places you’ve never even imagined before, all in the blink of an eye. Finally, the world stabilizes and all gray disappear.

-“So, how’s it going?” says a voice somewhere around you. You try to move to see who is talking, but your body still refuses to carry out any order. All you can really be sure of is that it’s a girl’s voice
-“Please milady remain silent, I need to focus” answers a second girl.
-“I wonder what will happen next.” Says the first on, bluntly ignoring the comment
-“Geez…”

Suddenly, your control over your muscles comes back. You look around and see you are on a mountain track. Around is a fragile vegetation of early autumn. Red, orange and yellow are painted all over the trees and bushes are bearing juicy looking fruits. You try to find the origin of the voices, but you are completely alone. There’s not a single human on sight. You start walking down the path, looking at the scene around you.

You walk like this for about ten minutes and end up in a crossroad. In front of you, a path lead further within the mountain. At your left, a small trail leads to a dead-end; you can see it from here. Finally, at your right, there is a large field of wild berries the kind you’ve seen earlier. You also spot someone in the said field. The person is too far to see any detail, but he or she seems to be harvesting some berries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Continue in the path leading further within the mountain
[ ] Take the left trail and investigate the dead-end
[ ] Walk towards the person in the berry field
[ ] FRUITS! MUST TEAR APART THEIR TINY VEGETAL BODIES!
>> No. 9672
[x] FRUITS! MUST TEAR APART THEIR TINY VEGETAL BODIES!

We're an outsider, and we're obviously in a dream! We can get away with this.
>> No. 9673
[x] Take the left trail and investigate the dead-end.

Mysterious!
>> No. 9675
[x] Walk towards the person in the berry field.
[x] Try some of the berries along the way.
>> No. 9677
[x] Walk towards the person in the berry field.

If all goes well, you can have crazy farm sex with them.
>> No. 9693
[x] Walk towards the person in the berry field.
>> No. 9716
[x] Walk towards the person in the berry field.
>> No. 9732
You take a few seconds to think on what to do next. This is a dream, right? So you can do crazy stuff without any problems. Various ideas ranging from spreading destruction around and setting the field on fire to raping violently and mercilessly whoever is up ahead come to your mind. None of them really seems that fun to do so you forget those ideas and settle for simply meeting the person in the berry field, at least for now.

You walk at a normal pace and while you instinctively put your hands in your pants’s pockets, they touch something cold. Yeah that’s right! You remember now, it’s the stuff you bought at the antique shop. Carried them over in your dream? Sweet! This means you can fuck around and use as many bullets you want without affecting your real supply. As you move closer, the stranger’s appearance becomes clearer. It is a girl wearing some odd clothing mostly of red and white. You couldn’t exactly tell what it is, but it sure looks like something you could’ve bought at the antique shop. Come to think of it, you’ve seen this kind of outfits a few times in Sanzo’s mangas. How did he call them already… miko was it?

As you come closer, she stops collecting the berries and turn around in a split second, holding what seems to be a piece of paper in her right hand and holding it toward you.

-“Hm?” She looks slightly surprised and lowers the paper. Wait, was she threatening you with it? “Sorry, I thought you were some random Youkai, it’s rare for humans to come to my shrine at all, What brings you to the eastern mountains?”
-“Oh nothing really, just wandering around.” You answer naturally. “Wait a sec, you called me a “youkai” just now, what’s that?”
-“What?” This time she gives you a suspicious look, as if you said something you shouldn’t have “You don’t know about Youkais, do you live under a rock!?”
-“Hey!”
-“Well, whatever the reason, someone as ignorant as you won’t survive more than a day or two around here. ”
-“Oh I do think I’d be able to do that much” you answer confidently.
-“Oh really?” She looks at you with an amused expression. “Then it’ll spare me the effort of escorting you to the human village.” You can’t help but feel a spike of Irony there.

Interrupting everything, you notice movements in a large bush in the periphery of the field. The miko must have seen it too because she is now facing it’s general direction, holding her paper again. For a split second, she looks serious, but the attitude drops. It was more of a reflex than actual worries. In fact, her smile is back and she has a suspicious grin on her face. She lowers her paper and looks at you.

-“Well, Mister Though, there is a Youkai hiding around there. Care to back up your words? Let’s make it a bet. If you win, I’ll let you stay at my shrine for one day and I’ll guide you to wherever you want afterward. But if I need to save your ass from that Youkai…” she emphasizes her last sentence and look at you with eyes no different than those of a wolf staring at it’s prey “You’ll donate all your money to my shrine. Do we have a deal?”
--------------------------------------------
[ ] “If you wanted me to stay for dinner, you should have asked right away Lovely. I’ll get rid of this Youkai-thing in no time”
[ ] “Sounds fun, why not?”
[ ] “Well, if you tell me what a Youkai is I MIGHT consider this a deal”
[ ] “Hahaha-- WHAT!? All my money?”
[ ] “Your eyes, they annoy me…”
>> No. 9733
[x] “If you wanted me to stay for dinner, you should have asked right away Lovely. I’ll get rid of this Youkai-thing in no time.”

Doesn't afraid of anything.
>> No. 9736
[x] “If you wanted me to stay for dinner, you should have asked right away Lovely. I’ll get rid of this Youkai-thing in no time.”

If we win? We'll fucking win. If we lose? Reimu's going to lose when she sees our form of currency and goes "What the fuck is this crap?"

It's win/win!
>> No. 9737
>>9736
Do NOT under-estimate the greed of the Red-White...
>> No. 9742
[x] Dinner, a movie, youkai slaying. I pull out my gun and wizard hat.

If all does not go as planned:

[x]Push the bitch in front of me and run for my life.
>> No. 9744
[x] “If you wanted me to stay for dinner, you should have asked right away Lovely. I’ll get rid of this Youkai-thing in no time.”
>> No. 9755
[x] “If you wanted me to stay for dinner, you should have asked right away Lovely. I’ll get rid of this Youkai-thing in no time.”
>> No. 9758
[x] “If you wanted me to stay for dinner, you should have asked right away Lovely. I’ll get rid of this Youkai-thing in no time.”
>> No. 9762
Writin' now
>> No. 9768
The miko look at you expectantly. If you back out of it now you’ll look like a big-mouthed coward and if you accept the deal and loose you’ll have to give her all your money. No matter your answer it will amuse her. Well then, shouldn’t you give her something she didn’t see coming? You look at her directly and cross your arms, smiling slightly

-“If you wanted me to stay for dinner, you should have asked right away Lovely.”You say with a teasing voice.”I’ll get rid of this Youkai-thing in no time.”
-“What-”Looks like it worked “Don’t act like you already won, I give you three minutes with whatever is there before you run back crying like a little bitch.”
-“Oh?” You push the game further. ” Not only are you inviting me for dinner but I’m already all over your mind.”
The girl remains silent and glares at you. Here she goes with those eyes again…
-“Oh come on, stop it. You look better with a smile on”
-“Just go already, if you keep wasting your time here it’s going to go somewhere else. Or maybe you’re chickening out?”
Shit, she got you on this one. You roll your eyes as you’re forced to stop teasing her.
-“Not a chance, I would be late to our dinner if I did that now wouldn’t I?”

And with this, you walk away toward the edge of the field, not letting her time to reply to your last sentence. You don’t look back, that would leave her a chance to say something and God knows you enjoyed having the last word with her. She doesn’t even know you and she acted as if you were some sort of dumb and weak jerk. It’s not as if this Youkai…thing… stuff… could be that dangerous anyway!

You start thinking about it as you walk toward the bushes. What IS a Youkai anyway? All you know about them is that they can threaten people and they live on the mountain. It should be some sort of local wild animal. Shouldn’t be too big neither else it wouldn’t have tried to hide in the bushes. As you’re coming close to the edge of the berry field, your right hand reach for the Vermillion hidden under your T-shirt and take it out. As you continue walking, your left thumb and index quickly reach inside the leather pouch and comes out with one of the bullets. You keep focused on the bush while you reload. No matter what kind of animal it is, there’s no way it can be of any harm, you got a gun.

That’s it, you’re now out of the berry field and back into the sub-wood. The bush is about five meters ahead. You hold the Vermillion in front of you like in old cop movies and aim at the bush.

-“Hey thing, looks like today isn’t your lucky day.”

You run at the bush and kick into the leaves. You expected whatever was hiding there to get kicked out or at least to react. You search the big vegetal with your left feet, but there’s nothing there. Did it flee? Looks like it, but when? You don’t remember seeing ANY movement. You look around and are surprised to find your immediate surroundings empty. Whatever was here got away without neither you nor the miko noticing. Suddenly, you hear someone giggle not too far ahead. Great, there’s someone else, may she have seen where that youkai-thing went.

You lower your weapon and walk in the general direction of the voice. Thinking of it, it was the voice of a young woman. Actually, it was a pretty sweet voice, it’s owner should be pretty. After two or three minutes, you realize the voice was further than you expected. Or did she just move away without you noticing?

-“Over there!”

You turn your head in the direction of the voice. It’s somewhere in the wood, away from the main trail. You shrug and resume walking. This person better has been following the “Youkai” now you really don’t feel like coming back empty-handed. You keep cutting through the forest and reach a small open spot shaped as a half-circle. There is a small lake blocking the way, maybe it was a bad idea to go after that voice.

-“There you are!” says a voice on your right.

Finally! That’s the voice you heard earlier. She’s leaning against a tree on the edge of the spot. You take a look at her and realize she indeed is pretty, her gold eyes and purple hair fits perfectly with her cute face. The only downside is the bizarre clothing she’s wearing. This outfit must be worth a lot and that hat too, it’s quite unique and the colors of the whole kit fits with her. And those wings too they-- Wait, WINGS? What the Hell? Now that’s just overdoing the costume.

-“Hey, did you see a Youkai running away from the berry field?” You ask, trying to sound as natural as possible.” I’m trying to find where it went.”
-“There aren’t any other Youkais around here, a lot of them sleep during the day. I could do that too, but nothing interesting has happened in a while so I decided to see if I would have more luck the day and guess what? I find you goofing around with the Hakurei” She explains with a smile.
-“The Hakurei? Is that the name of the girl I was with?”
-“Yes, Reimu Hakurei, she’s the maiden of the Hakurei shrine.”As she speaks, you can notice something in her eyes, something not so different from what you’ve seen in the miko’s eyes.”People says she’s very strong so I had to lure you away from her” Wait, lure? And she said that on a quite odd-tone too.
-“Wait a sec, you “found” us and you tried to “lure” me right? Then you must be one of those youkai-thingies I keep hearing about”

That’s got be it. That would explain the wings, but she doesn’t look dangerous at all. If anything she’s cute.

-“Thing? Hey that’s rude, and how could you not notice right away I was a Youkai” she answers with an irritated look that makes you smirk. It somewhat reminds you of the look the girls you used to babysit gave you when they tried to skulk after you refused to let them go to bed later.

------------------------------
[ ] You got your target and she’s distracted. Attack now and finish her without a fight.
[ ] Challenge her to a duel.
[ ] You’re not buying it, insist that she tell you were the Youkai went.
[ ] Fuck the mission; you can’t kill something as innocent-looking as that.
[ ] Fuck the mission, this girl seems funnier to be around than that Hakurei miko.



By the way. Three days off in a row, I'll be on for the most of it so if y'all vote quickly I'll update a lot more. I still have some time for another update tonight too
>> No. 9770
[X] You got your target and she’s distracted. Attack now and finish her without a fight.

Its "just a dream", shoot to kill!
>> No. 9771
[x] You got your target and she’s distracted. Attack now and finish her without a fight.

WE COME IN PEACE
PRIORITY OVERRIDE, NEW BEHAVIOR DICTATED
MUST BREAK TARGET INTO COMPONENT MATERIALS
>> No. 9773
>[] Challenge her to a duel.
This but with more style:

[x] "Well Miss Youkai, let's just say I'm from out of town." Draw a bead on her. "Now as we both appear to have dinner riding on this, I must ask: Are you gonna throw down?" Wink. "Because you're a daisy if you do."

It's a shame to hurt such a pretty thing, but she did lure us out so she could eat us. If we impress her enough, she might just run off if we injure her.
>> No. 9775
[x] You got your target and she’s distracted. Attack now and finish her without a fight.

I wonder if she drops any good loot?
>> No. 9777
[x] You got your target and she’s distracted. Attack now and finish her without a fight.

None of the other ones look good at all. Guess Mystia gets to chew on a lead aspirin tonight.
>> No. 9780
>[] You got your target and she’s distracted. Attack now and finish her without a fight.

The problem with this is if we miss or it doesn't kill immediately, she is going to get pretty pissed and rend us limb-from-limb. Canonically, intelligent youkai are receptive to fighting humans under pre-established rules, so I guess I'll go with the write-in here.

[x] "Well Miss Youkai, let's just say I'm from out of town." Draw a bead on her. "Now as we both appear to have dinner riding on this, I must ask: Are you gonna throw down?" Wink. "Because you're a daisy if you do."

Also, Tombstone is awesome.
>> No. 9784
Holy shit, so the TALE Anon is not going to be hitting on everything that looks like a woman? UNBELIEVABLE


...



Nice...



Anyway, Letting you some more time to decide. This writefag is conducting scientific experiences in the meanwhile
>> No. 9785
>>9780

And the problem with the write-in is that we're challenging her to a duel where it's implied that if we lose, we die, and if we die, we lose.

If the pistol DOESN'T kill her immediately, it'll fuck her shit up because it's a weapon with history. It's very likely then, when she has a massive hole in her body from wherever we hit her(the damn thing's a hand cannon), that we can finish her off with another shot.

And as for it missing, what's far more likely to result in a miss: Shooting at her when she isn't expecting it, or shooting at her when she is completely anticipating for us to shoot at her?

For me, my answer's clear.
>> No. 9786
[x] You got your target and she’s distracted. Attack now and finish her without a fight.
>> No. 9791
[x] Jump her bones and make mutant retard babies.
>> No. 9794
This is perfect, she’s upset because you didn’t know she was a youkai and whatever plan she had to do with you after she lured you here is probably the last of her concerns now. More importantly, her gaze is on your face and there only. Your grip over the handle of the Vermillion tightens as you feel that the time to act is now. She’s wide open, just too bad. You slowly rotate your weapon for it to aim the Youkai while returning the gaze with your amused smirk. The last seconds vanish into nothingness as you are now done aligning the barrel and her head. Without a word, you smash the trigger.

You can see her eyes open wide, depicting both surprise and fear, a primal, animal type of fear. Even if it was just for a thousandth of second, it was enough to freeze this expression into Eternity as she slowly falls backward. Her body hits the ground, only welcomed by complete silence; even the insects and the wind itself seem to have stopped everything only to observe this event. You look down and observe. Well, shit, wasn’t a headshot after all. However, you did hit a vital point. A large hole, nearly 5-centimeters wide, is now replacing what used to be her left lung. The gap is bleeding abundantly and her body is motionless. Looks like you got her. Not bad, but for some reason you are disappointed. You wanted to know a little more about those Youkais. Bah, you’ll get another occasion, now you know they are intelligent humanoids. Still, you would have wanted to see her prove the reputation of dangerous monster they seem to have.

You’re done with this, might as well return. You make a step but stop immediately. You’ll need a proof to show Reimu you did defeat her. You turn around and lean over the corpse. You settle for simply taking it’s blood-stained hat. You reload instinctively the Vermillion and stick it back into it’s improvised holster. You stand up and hold the hat in your left hand. Time to get this dinner Ms. Hakurei promised.

You go back to the trail and walk it down to the berry field. The miko is still there but visibly bored. Yeah, she must have been waiting here doing nothing for about ten to fifteen minutes. Maybe she was staying silent so she could hear you scream in agony and cry for help like a bitch? Sorry not today...

You walk toward her. The hat on your left index is spinning as you make circles inside with your finger. You display the same bored look as her, as if the whole mission had been, and it really was, a piece of cake.

----------------------------------------
[ ] “What do we have here? you waited for me all this time? How adorable.”
[ ] “Looks like someone just missed a lot of money to me...”
[ ] “Hey, Reimu, I won your bet.”
[ ] Say nothing, just approach her and see her reaction.


I'd have posted yesterday but the board went down for a while.
>> No. 9795
I sense a bad end a-coming
[ ] “What do we have here? you waited for me all this time? How adorable.”
>> No. 9797
Damn, this Anon just killed somebody and didn't even flinch. How... cold.

[x] “What do we have here? you waited for me all this time? How adorable.”

This is a sign. Yukari gapped us here so that we could play the Idiot to Reimu's Straight Man. Just a few more prods and she'll explode.
>> No. 9798
[x] “What do we have here? you waited for me all this time? How adorable.”

This shit is crazy.
>> No. 9800
[x] “What do we have here? you waited for me all this time? How adorable.”
>> No. 9801
[x] “What do we have here? you waited for me all this time? How adorable.”
>> No. 9803
>>9797
>Damn, this Anon just killed somebody and didn't even flinch. How... cold.

Remember this is a dream, it's pretty much the same as if you killed someone in a pretty darn good virtual reality game. Looks real, but is not.

Well... Whether this anon will or will not evolve to be a cold-blooded killer is entirely up to y'all, everything is possible...

Oh and writan
>> No. 9808
She stands up as you enter the field. Her expression goes from boredom to surprise and finally ends up into frustration. You give it your most innocent-looking smile and keep walking toward her, hat still spinning. Right now, you know just what to do. She forced you to stop before, but now’s the time to resume teasing her. After all, you won the bet, you deserve it. Before you can place a word, you hear her whisper quietly

-“I can’t believe he did it...”
-“What do we have here?” You start. ”you waited for me all this time? How adorable.”
Heh, she’s easy to provoke, her she goes again glaring at you
-“You just killed some weak youkai, don’t start acting all high and mighty.” She replies coldly
-“This is far from my intentions Lovely, I am simply touched to see that you were worried about me”
-“I wasn’t--”
-“hon hon hon” you put your right index over her mouth “Don’t say such things. Let’s keep this for later.”
-“Hey but--”
-“Tch, I’m all right, there is nothing to worry about”
-“Enough already!” she explodes “This is really starting to get on my nerves. Keep this up and you’ll eat your own teeth for dinner.”

Ouch. Sure wasn’t expecting such a reaction. Looks like this Reimu is that kind of girl who hates to lose whatever the situation is. Not wanting for this day at her shrine to be a pain, you decide to stop teasing her. It was fun for a moment, but a man knows when to stop.

-“All right all right, sorry Reimu geez I was just teasing you.”
-“Whatever, the shrine is not too far from here; I usually come here to train.” It looks like she calmed down a little “Wait... I don’t remember telling you my name and if you didn’t know what a Youkai was, I don’t think you’d have ever heard of me from under your rock.”

Hm? What’s that? Looks like she is already trying to pay you back for teasing her. You’ll have to watch out not to get a trick played on.

-“Oh? The Youkai told me. She said you were the Shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine and other stuff like that. She seemed scared of you.”
-“Is that so? Well, it’s only normal that Youkais fear me, seeing how many of them I exorcised.”
-“Talk about a job...”
-“Yeah, everybody always relies on me whenever there’s the slightest danger. People are so helpless.”

You look at her for a moment. For some reason you don’t picture this girl battling monsters on and on, not at all. Well, she does have the attitude, but how does she even fight? You have the Vermillion so you’re safe, but does anybody else even have a slightly modern weapon in this world. Wait, world? You’re still in a dream. Besides, it’s starting to length. Whatever... might as well make it worth.

For a moment, the both of you walk in silence, lost in thoughts. For a split second, you hear what seemed to be a whisper right next to you. You’re positive it wasn’t Reimu’s voice. You take a look over your shoulder and look around, but there’s no one beside you two.

-“This wasn’t supposed to happen like this” This time you heard the voice clearly.
-“Oh? At it already? Interesting indeed...” says a second one.

You stop and turn around, looking everywhere and trying to see where those two voices were coming from. It feels as if you already heard them somewhere else, but all you can be sure of is that they are females. Reimu stops and look at you with an interrogative expression.

-“What is it?” she asks, suddenly serious. Maybe she has some trust in your abilities now that you defeated that youkai without getting a scratch.
-“Nothing, I thought I heard something. That’s all.” You reply, ridding you own face of any display of humor.

The two of you resume walking. Where did you hear those voices? You can’t put a face on them but you’re definitely positive you know who those are.
------------------------------
[] Write-in
>> No. 9810
>“hon hon hon” you put your right index over her mouth “Don’t say such things. Let’s keep this for later.”

Pepé Le Pew

[x] "So these youkai you 'exorcise', do they usually take the form of women & children? Because I'm not really seeing what the danger is; she seemed fairly friendly, if stupid, although that 'luring' bit was a bit creepy."
>> No. 9811
[x] "So these youkai you 'exorcise', do they usually take the form of women & children? Because I'm not really seeing what the danger is; she seemed fairly friendly, if stupid, although that 'luring' bit was a bit creepy."

Women and children, lol.
>> No. 9812
[x] "So these youkai you 'exorcise', do they usually take the form of women & children? Because I'm not really seeing what the danger is; she seemed fairly friendly, if stupid, although that 'luring' bit was a bit creepy."
>> No. 9813
[x] "So these youkai you 'exorcise', do they usually take the form of women & children? Because I'm not really seeing what the danger is; she seemed fairly friendly, if stupid, although that 'luring' bit was a bit creepy."
>> No. 9814
[x] "So these youkai you 'exorcise', do they usually take the form of women & children? Because I'm not really seeing what the danger is; she seemed fairly friendly, if stupid, although that 'luring' bit was a bit creepy."

Meh.
>> No. 9819
[x] "So these youkai you 'exorcise', do they usually take the form of women & children? Because I'm not really seeing what the danger is; she seemed fairly friendly, if stupid, although that 'luring' bit was a bit creepy."

WOMEN AND CHILDREN
>> No. 9824
Hahaha that one's gonna be fun to write. Sorry for the delay I'm going back to work nao
>> No. 9826
You chase the thought away. What good would it to do bother about those now? You have more important questions to mind right now. The way that miko was talking when she first explained it, Youkai should have been dangerous monsters but what you killed back there was far from one. Heck you don’t even think this girl could have possibly been a threat. This is a dream, so you didn’t really kill anybody, but it still didn’t feel right. Looking back, the way it happened was awkward. Before anything else, there’s something you want cleared up. You clear your throat and look at Reimu.

"So these youkai you 'exorcise', do they usually take the form of women and children? Because I'm not really seeing what the danger is; she seemed fairly friendly, if stupid, although that 'luring' bit was a bit creepy."
-“Yeah, seemed.” She starts, then hesitate slightly. It feels as if she is gauging her words. “let’s just say... Here in Gensokyo people rarely are what they seem... This is especially true amongst Youkais. If you only rely on appearances, you’re already dead.”

Well that was quite direct. Without saying it that bluntly, she made her message perfectly clear. Who knows, maybe those youkais only disguise themselves as humanoids to trick naïve humans and reveal their true forms once they played enough? In that case you were lucky. It looks like there is a lot more to them than you thought. You two keep silent for a moment. You are about to say something but Reimu stops.

-“There.” She says, avoiding your gaze with a last bit of frustration. It looks like she remembered why the both of you are here and. “This is the Hakurei shrine. Try not to break anything.”

You take a quick look. It’s the first time you actually enter in such a building. In fact, the whole Japanese architecture is new to you. Well, you’ve already seen it before in pictures and on TV, No choice when you’ve got Sanzo Takashiro for a friend, but you’ve never seen it of your own eyes. It definitely makes a change from the buildings in San Pedro. You enter after her and take off your shoes. You are tempted to tease her some more, but you don’t know if you should push your luck. She’s fun to tease, but you don’t want to be a complete jerk neither. You end up postponing the activity.

-“I’m gonna get the diner ready” her voice is calm. Looks like she finally got over losing the bet. “It’ll be ready soon, but don’t expect anything fancy, this shrine don’t have a lot of money to waste.”
-“As long as you’re the one making it, everything can be fancy.” You tease her a little more
She rolls her eyes “I’m going to borrow some poisonous mushrooms from Marisa and I’ll cook them with love, just for you.”

And with that she disappears into another room. You can’t help but smile at her reply. It wasn’t really aggressive; in fact she seems to start playing along. You stretch your arms and close your eyes for a second, searching for something to do in the meanwhile. You look around and listen. Besides Reimu in the kitchen, you can hear someone else in a room nearby. Sounds like this someone arrived just before you. You are about to move when your eyes catch a glimpse of movement outside. You turn around and look by the opened door but there is nothing in sight. There definitely was someone or something here a moment ago, but it’s either gone or hiding.

---------------------------------------------
[ ] Go to the kitchen and resume your discussion as you watch her prepare the dinner
[ ] Go to the Kitchen and resume your discussion as you help her prepare the dinner
[ ] Take a look at the other room you heard noise from. Wasn’t she living alone here?
[ ] Take a look outside, Something about what you just saw feels plain wrong
>> No. 9830
>“I’m going to borrow some poisonous mushrooms from Marisa and I’ll cook them with love, just for you.”

hahaha

[x] Yell to Reimu sarcastically: "Alright! If you need me, I'll be rifling through your unmentionables!"
[x] Take a look at the other room you heard noise from. Wasn’t she living alone here?
>> No. 9831
oh lawd unlimited irritatan works

[x] Yell to Reimu sarcastically: "Alright! If you need me, I'll be rifling through your unmentionables!"
[x] Take a look at the other room you heard noise from. Wasn’t she living alone here?

Suika? Or Mima?

I don't know how we're going to get to Eientei if you make all your characters this likable. Not that I'm complaining.
>> No. 9832
[x] Yell to Reimu sarcastically: "Alright! If you need me, I'll be rifling through your unmentionables!"
[x] Take a look at the other room you heard noise from. Wasn’t she living alone here?
>> No. 9834
>>9831
>I don't know how we're going to get to Eientei if you make all your characters this likable. Not that I'm complaining.

Enjoy your dream sequences while they last hehehehe
>> No. 9837
[x] Yell to Reimu sarcastically: "Alright! If you need me, I'll be rifling through your unmentionables!"
[x] Take a look at the other room you heard noise from. Wasn’t she living alone here?
>> No. 9838
[x] Yell to Reimu sarcastically: "Alright! If you need me, I'll be rifling through your unmentionables!"
[x] Take a look at the other room you heard noise from. Wasn’t she living alone here?

Eh.
>> No. 9839
>>9834

Don't give it all away writefag; you're supposed to conceal the conclusion.
>> No. 9843
>>9839

Conclusion? My, aren't we jumping hastily to such serious words.

Anyway, Writan as soon as I get myself out of Evilpsychopath-Modo
>> No. 9844
>>9839
>conceal the conclusion.
>dream sequence
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 9848
No big deal, whatever it was can wait. Before doing anything else, there is something of a crucial importance you must accomplish, that is, not letting Reimu have the last word, once again. With the most sarcastic and laid-back tone you can come-up with, you launch the bomb.

"Alright! If you need me, I'll be rifling through your unmentionables!"

You hear a large spoon brutally hitting a bowl in the kitchen. You really surprised her on this one. Without leaving her a chance to place a single word, you make your exit from this room and into the one you heard noises coming from. It appears to be the Dining room, there’s a table in the center and a few cushions around it. Wait, a few? Is there anybody else liv-- yes there is. How did you not notice her before? There’s a girl leaning against the wall in the corner of the piece. Her eyes are closed, is she sleeping?

You observe her for a moment. Definitely, weird outfits are common here. Well, the purple skirt and the white top she’s wearing are not really weird, but what the hell is she doing with those chains, and what’s that big gourd-thingy. And there are the horns too. Wait, HORNS? you had the same reaction when you’ve seen that Youkai’s wings. Does those means she’s a Youkai too? Your hand instinctively reaches for the Vermillion, but you don’t take it out just yet. You take a few steps back.

You are about to call out for Reimu and ask her if she knows this girl, but as you open your mouth, her eyes open as well. She’s waking up and looking around. Hu-oh, no good. Your grip over the handle tightens but something forbids you to take it out. There’s something wrong with this picture. You’d understand to meet a Youkai sleeping in the forest or something, but monsters don’t live in houses, especially not houses inhabited by other people. Could she be... a domesticated Youkai?

-“Ha... You there... Who... haven’t seen you before...” She mumbles, still half-asleep. “Hey I’m talking to you over there, you in the center...”

Wait, center? You’re alone in the room, is she high or something?

-“Owww” she rubs her forehead and close her eyes again. She stays like this for a moment before reopening her eyes and taking a big gulp from that purple gourd of hers “Aaah, much better! What are you standing there sayin’ nothing for? Do I look funny to you? Do you want to pick a fight?”

So Youkais can get drunk too? You smirk at this thought but the one in front of you doesn’t even notice.

-“Nah, no need for a fight, after all Reimu did ask me not to break anything”
-“Bah! What are you babbling about! Breaking stuff is often a lot of fun!”
You laugh nervously, just what’s with her? “hehe if you say so”
-“Yeah I’ll show you, let’s go around breaking stuff!” She offers cheerfully “Heh By the way, what’s your name? I’m Suika Ibuki, the best Oni around those parts.”
Heh, an Oni? What’s an Oni? “I’m...”
-------------------------------------------
Okay on this one, I want y’all to do a slightly more advanced write-in. I want a name, an attitude while you answer and whether or not you accept her invitation
>> No. 9849
And with this, I retire for the night. I'll probably be up in 6-7 hours.
>> No. 9851
[x] "Well Suika, I guess guess you could call me Rip Van Winkle, the best somnambulist around these parts." Take out your gun and hold it up to the light. "And this here is Vermilion. She just took her first life today," nod to the kitchen, "And won me a bet with your Shrine Maiden."
[x] "Speaking of which, I'd love to go vandalizing with you darling, but I'm afraid it'd have to wait till after dinner. Besides, I don't have any paint cans on me at the moment."
[x] Attitude: wry, sardonic

Let's graffiti Eientei.
>> No. 9857
A crack shot with an obsolete firearm waking up in a foreign land, where he may still be dreaming?

[x] Rip Van Winkle
[x] Attitude: wry, sardonic
[x] Tell her you'll join her after dinner
>> No. 9858
[x] Rip Van Winkle
[x] Attitude: wry, sardonic
[x] Tell her you'll join her after dinner

Blah.
>> No. 9859
[x] Rip Van Winkle
[x] Attitude: wry, sardonic
[x] Tell her you'll join her after dinner
>> No. 9861
[x] Rip Van Winkle
[x] Attitude: wry, sardonic
[x] Tell her you'll join her after dinner
>> No. 9870
[x] Rip Van Winkle.

[x] Accept. Get real cozy with her and see how the Miko reacts to you grabbing her friend's ass. In fact, tell her to join in and you'll give her's a pinch, too.

[x] Attitude: self-absorbed, flirtatious, perverse, cocky.
>> No. 9873
[x] John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
IT'S TIME TO LIVE UP TO MY FAMILY NAME AND FACE FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES
>> No. 9880
Last minute write-ins? I'll post-pone that victory and see what y'all decide. Writan first thing tomorrow.
>> No. 9889
-“I’m Rip, Rip Van Winkle.” You answer swiftly. You say the following part slightly louder, not quite yelling, but loud enough for Reimu to hear it. “As much as I’d love to do that, it will have to wait after the dinner. Else it would be difficult to eat those poisonous mushrooms wouldn’t it?”

-“Right... but you better be there! Hey, why not making this into a little contest?”

-“Another bet?” you smile at the idea, since you arrived in this world...dream...PLACE, you’ve had quite a lot of luck. “Why the hell not? So it’s whoever breaks the most things?”

-“Yup, but that’s not all!” Looks like she’s looking forward to this. “It isn’t a real competition if the contestants are sober. After the diner, I’ll get Reimu and the others and we’ll have a big party and maybe everyone will join in the contest!”

God she’s enthusiastic. You doubt that even drunk anybody would decide to destroy his or her own house, but you keep quiet, not wanting to ruin her mood. Isn’t she a little carefree, inviting a complete stranger to a party, let alone the fact of just randomly throwing a party for no reason itself? Guess you can’t talk; she’s not the only carefree, laidback person in this room. She takes a long drop of whatever is in this big purple gourd and stands up. She immediately loses her balance and nearly fall over but eventually gets back on her feet. She moves toward the table in the center of the room and crash on the nearest cushion. It’s amazing how you can still understand her when she talks, she must be drunk as hell. Wasn’t this supposed to be a shrine? Meaning a holy place, maybe? Alcohol plus religion never really got along, what’s up with this shrine?

-“Don’t just s-stand over there! S-sit down” she orders with an expression that was supposed to look authoritarian but ended up more comic than anything else.

You comply and sit down on the cushion in front of her.

-“S-So...” she asks, holding her gourd forward and her head slightly leaning on the left “What are you doing at the shrine, I-I don’t remember seeing y-you around.”
-“Long story short, I met Reimu on the mountains, we made a bet, I won and I ended up here. I’ll be staying for the rest of the day.” you answer as if it was nothing.
-“O-oh really? W-what kind of bet” she suddenly looks very interested in you.
-“Oh nothing really, I just had to beat some Youkai that was around.”
-“Why don’tch’ya tell me more about this? We got some time before Reimu is done with the dinner?”

Her left hand reaches under the table and she takes out a bottle. She slams it on the table and pushes it towards you. Where did that come from? You are tempted to take a look under the table to see what else she is hiding here, but you control yourself.

-“H-here, have some.”
---------------------------------------------------------
Choice A
[ ] Refuse the Alcohol.
[ ] Accept, drink lightly.
[ ] Accept, Drink like the motherfucking fist of the northern star!

Choice B
[ ] Tell what happened but with omitting the part where you killed that youkai.
[ ] Tell everything like it happened.
[ ] Make up something to make the fight sounds interesting.
[ ] Try to change the subject [Insert Subject].
>> No. 9890
[x] Accept, drink lightly.
[x] Tell everything like it happened.

Don't be a teetotaler, Anonymous. Also, oni don't like lies.
>> No. 9892
[x] Accept, drink lightly.
[x] Tell everything like it happened.
>> No. 9893
[x] Accept, drink lightly.
[x] Tell everything like it happened.
>> No. 9894
[x] Accept, drink lightly.
[x] Tell everything like it happened.
>> No. 9895
[x] Accept, drink lightly.
[x] Tell everything like it happened.
>> No. 9899
[x] Accept, drink lightly.
[x] Tell everything like it happened.

-“Thank’ya” you reply simply.

You grab firmly the bottle that Suika offered and open it. Before anything else, you take a quick look at the sticker on the bottle. Deisui, 17% alcohol. That’s not some shit beer like a lot of the popular brands back at San Pedro. In fact, you’ve never tried this one before. You take a small sip and are quite surprised by the taste. It’s slightly fruity, as if a wine, but without overdoing it. It’s subtile and pleasant. If anything else, it’s also a little stronger than the ones you used to buy. You are tempted to empty it quickly but control yourself, not willing to get as drunk as she is by the time Reimu comes back. Suika looks at you expectantly, awaiting the story you promised her.

-“Ok, where to start...” you ask yourself before hesitating for a few seconds. “Well, I can’t say it’s some awesome story with big battles and stuff, it was pretty neat and quick. It all started when I met Reimu in the berry field not so far from the shrine, in the mountains.”The Oni stays silent, not wanting to interrupt you.

-“We were discussing about... well what were we talking about exactly?” you scratch the back of your heads, trying to remember.

-“Oh yeah that’s right, we were talking about Youkais” You try to remember more details, but everything seems blurred, except the general subject. You can’t seem to remember how the discussion started either. Weird...

-“So as we were talking, we both noticed something moving in the bushes not so far away from where we were and Reimu told me it was probably a Youkai. We made a bet on whether or not I would be able to beat whatever it was that was lurking here. I promptly accepted and went to investigate the bush.”

You take a small pause and take a small drop of the beer. Suika tilts her head to the right after taking herself a long drop from her gourd. Just what the hell is in that anyway?

-“As I walked to the bush, I took out the Vermillion, that’s my weapon, and I readied myself for anything. I carefully searched the bush and it’s surroundings, but there was nothing there. Whatever that was, it managed to escape without neither me nor Reimu noticing. Suddenly, I hear somebody giggles not too far away. I thought that this person could have seen where the youkai had run off to so I followed the voice, but she was already somewhere else. She called me again and I finally tracked her down near a small lake.”

Another pause, you breathe a little. You look at her for a moment. You are surprised, from her earlier attitude and looks, you would have expected Suika to harass you of questions as you tell your story, but she’s stayed quiet the whole time, barely moving. You think you even noticed something spark in her eyes when you mentioned the Vermillion. She catches your stare and gaze back. Wasn’t she drunk a minute ago?

-“Go on, what happens next.”

-“Ah sorry, I spaced out.” You reply honestly “I just thought you would ask me more questions... anyway. So as I find the girl who called me, I realize it’s none other than the youkai herself. We talked for a moment about youkais’s habits and about the shrine. Thinking back, it was sorta awkward. Well, when I first saw her, I didn’t know she was THE youkai I had to defeat. But when I figured it out, I profited of a small moment of inattention, aimed the Vermillion and it was over already. I got her before she could even react. You could say it’s a little cheap of me, but from what Reimu had told me, I expected her to be much stronger... ”

Suika inspects you from head to toe. Her eyes wander over your shoulder-length blond hair, your blue eyes, your black T-shirt and your jeans. Her smile vanish and she looks into your eyes

-“That weapon , the Vermillion, where is it now? I don’t see it anywhere.”

So THAT is what made her so curious, you didn’t describe it neither how it kills. You lift slightly the part of your T-shirt that is over the pistol and take it out, firmly handling it.

-“Never seen one like that before! What does it do?” she asks.

Suddenly, her enthusiasm of earlier is back and she takes an incredibly long drop from her gourd (Still no idea what’s in that damn thing.) You explain the basics of how guns work, how they can reach hundreds of meters within tiny fractions of seconds, how deadly accurate they can be and how to reload it.

-“So basically it’s just like some sort of Super-powerful bow” she asks, now leaning over the table, nearly touching the pistol with her eyes
-“I guess you could say it that way...”

And it’s on this awkward picture that the door slide open, revealing Reimu carrying a plate filled with food. She coughs and the both of you sit back properly on your cushions. She deposits the plate in the middle of the table and sits on a cushion at the end of table, between you and Suika. For a not-fancy meal, it still looks good. There is a bowl with boiled shrimps, then there is the larger bowl for the rice, but it’s not plain rice like usual. Amongst the rice, there are small meatballs and chopped red onions, almost looks like a salad. There are of course chopsticks and bowls for everyone, hang on, are those mushrooms? Yup, she even brought mushrooms like she said. Now the only question being, are they really poisonous mushrooms she borrowed from that Marisa girl? Suika looks at you at you then at the mushrooms, then back at you again. You smirk and she suppresses a laugh.
-----------------------------------------------
Choice A
[ ] Rice salad
[ ] Shrimps
[ ] Mushrooms

Choice B
[ ] Let them start the conversation
[ ] Finish your explanation on guns to Suika.
[ ] Comment about the mushrooms
[ ] Ask about Marisa
[ ] Unlimited Irritatan Works. Tease Reimu like there’s no tomorow
>> No. 9903
BTW you can pick as many as you want for both options.

Doesn't afraid of walls, etc
>> No. 9906
>>9903

>>9900 here, changing:

In this order:
[x] Mushrooms
[x] Rice salad
[x] Shrimps

In this order:
[x] Finish your explanation on guns to Suika.
[x] Compliment Reimu how good her cooking is, especially the mushrooms; insinuate you wouldn't mind eating her cooking every night.
[x] Ask about Marisa.

Allow Reimu to pride herself on her cooking at least, though we'll still flirt a bit and tease her on the mushrooms.
>> No. 9908
[x] Mushrooms
[x] Rice salad
[x] Shrimps
[x] Finish your explanation on guns to Suika.
[x] Compliment Reimu how good her cooking is, especially the mushrooms; insinuate you wouldn't mind eating her cooking every night.
[x] Ask about Marisa.

Okay.
>> No. 9909
[x] Mushrooms
[x] Rice salad
[x] Shrimps
[x] Finish your explanation on guns to Suika.
[x] Compliment Reimu how good her cooking is, especially the mushrooms; insinuate you wouldn't mind eating her cooking every night.
[x] Ask about Marisa.
>> No. 9910
[x] Mushrooms
[x] Rice salad
[x] Shrimps
[x] Finish your explanation on guns to Suika.
[x] Compliment Reimu how good her cooking is, especially the mushrooms; insinuate you wouldn't mind eating her cooking every night.
[x] Ask about Marisa.
>> No. 9911
[x] Mushrooms
[x] Rice salad
[x] Shrimps
[x] Finish your explanation on guns to Suika.
[x] Compliment Reimu how good her cooking is, especially the mushrooms; insinuate you wouldn't mind eating her cooking every night.
[x] Ask about Marisa.

See you again in a few days?
>> No. 9914
>See you again in a few days?

Do I really post that slowly?

Writan, now and for tonight
>> No. 9916
>>9914

hooray!
>> No. 9919
[x] Finish your explanation on guns to Suika.
[x] Compliment Reimu how good her cooking is, especially the mushrooms; insinuate you wouldn't mind eating her cooking every night.
[x] Ask about Marisa.


You sigh and take a bowl and a pair of chopsticks. You put some of the rice salad in your bowl but don’t touch anything yet, waiting for the hosts to take the first bite. Meanwhile, you resume the discussion you had with Suika.

-“Ok, so last thing I was saying? Oh yeah, Although my Vermillion has to be reloaded each time I use it, back at San Pedro most weapons uses what we call a “cartridge” It’s an item that makes you able to shoot several times without reloading. There are a lot of different firearms from where I come, small ones like my Vermillion, Huge ones that could blow up the room in a single hit, and others that are designed to shoot a great number of projectiles in a fraction of second.”

-“Pretty much like Danmaku then” she adds before taking a drop of that yet-to-identify liquid and starting to wolf down her food
-“Yup, but for people who can’t do it naturally” says Reimu who heard the conversation from the other room as she was finishing
-“Danmaku?”

You can’t help but display your interrogation. At your sight Reimu’s eyes goes wide and she choke on a shrimp. After swallowing difficultly, she burst into laughter, not believing her ears. When she can finally calm down, she looks at you but burst once again into laughter. You can’t help but frown as she is obviously mocking you. She slowly stops laughing and wipes a tear from her eyes.

-“Oh god, that was priceless... First you tell me you don’t know what a Youkai is, then you want to know what Danmaku is. Can you lack any more notions of common knowledge?” she asks, still on the verge of laughter.

-“Well excuuu-se me my dear, but none of those are “common knowledge” in San Pedro” you reply, starting to get irritated. You quickly calm down. No, this isn’t like you; you should be the one to make her lose it!

-“Hmmm” Suika comes at your rescue “From the Human World.”
-“Guessed so.” Reimu replies. “His clothing and his “San Pedro” pretty much gave it away.”
Hang on, Human World? Well, makes sense, Youkais, danmaku and all that stuff. That sure does not belong in the real world. But more importantly, if she knew, then why?
-“Hold on a minute, if you already knew that I was from the other world then why did you react like this?”
-“Payback” she replies with a smile. Oh God no here she’s at it with those scary eyes again!

This is enough! She’s got the initiative for way too long. Time to change the tide. You swiftly grab a mushroom and take a bit in it. You take your time to chew delicately as if taking your time to bring out the full flavor of the mushrooms. You make small noises and head gestures now and then and the two others look at you with a puzzled expression. As you swallow, a large grin appears on your face and you stare back at Reimu. You stand up and with your most dramatic expression, theatric expression, you attack.

-“My dear, those poisonous mushrooms you have there are truly delicious. One could think that this time, instead of giving offerings to a Dieties, those are offerings from the Gods to the mortals. However, something is wrong, oh horribly wrong! Despite their divine taste, something is lacking, atrociously lacking! You lied, my dear, there is not enough love in them. How could you deceive me of the sort? ” You accompany this last sentence by a movement of your left hand on Reimu’s shoulder and of a little sigh. “I had faith in you...” You brush away a fake tear.

The two girls remain speechless and stare at you a moment longer, Reimu turns as red as her outfit and Suika starts laughing at the excessive drama. Reimu eventually join in the laughter as the surprise effect disappears and as she acknowledges the reference. You can’t help but laugh with them as you sit down. This sure relieved some tension and now you have the initiative. As everyone finally becomes quiet, the scene freezes for a moment. Nobody dare speak nor eat... for about three seconds. Suika takes another drop of the purple gourd (Just how much liquid can fit in that?) and break the silence

-“Come one Come on, Hurry up and eat Rip, we’ve got a party to throw after that!”
-“ha...haha... whaaat?” Reimu inquires, reporting all her attention towards the Oni.

In the meanwhile, you let the two girls resolve this matter together. *Sorry Suika, you’ll have to get out of this one alone* you think. As they argue, you take this time to finish your rice. It wasn’t bad at all. But it’s prime material for even more teasing! You interrupt the two girls and launch

-“My dear, it looks like not only the mushrooms were excellent. Oh, I get it now; this love you had promised to cook those mushrooms with, you used it in the rice instead. You baked it and mixed the ingredient with the tender love one reserve to his or her soulmate! How nice of you, I know many men who would rather starve than eat elsewhere after having tasted your cooking, especially those delicious poisonous mushrooms... And I’d’be one of them.” You wink as you say this last sentence.
-“Oh god not again.” Reimu replies with an annoyed expression. She looks away, trying to hide her face “Q-Quit it already...”
-“Hm?” Suika looks successively at you and Reimu’s face and laugh once again. Is she blushing? Can’t be... Why not testing?

You decide to offer to change the subject, just to see if she’ll jump on the occasion.

-“Say Reimu... You said you’d get those mushrooms from someone named “Marisa” right? Who is she?”

Fell for it. Reimu quickly turns to face you again and avoid your gaze.

-“Well, Marisa’s a black magician who happens to be an acquaintance of mine. She has a habit of collecting mushrooms and using them for experiments, I don’t know much about these.”
-“Is that so? Does she really also collect poisonous mushrooms?” You ask out of curiosity.
-“Yes, she does. In fact you’re very lucky, it happens sometimes that she confuses the pots and swap the labels by accident. Some of them are even deadly.”

You choke a little. Could you really have died on a stupid mistake like that? You realize neither of them ate mushrooms of the whole meal. SHIT! And here they go again, laughing. You realize that your eyes opened wide and your smiled dropped as you acknowledged the data. Whether it was true or not, the look on your face was probably the occasion for Reimu to get some more “payback”. She takes every single opportunity now doesn’t she? You quickly retake your composure and take some shrimps.

-“Hey, what’s that?” Suika points at your bottle of beer. That’s right: you didn’t drink anything of the whole meal. “Looks like someone is trying to get away with it!”
-“Suika, what are--” Reimu starts but before she can finish her sentence, Suika’s already behind you and forcing the content of the bottle of beer down your throat.
--------------------------------------------------------
Choice A
[ ] Resist, just what the hell does she think she’s doing?
[ ] Resist a little, but just for the show, you don’t really mind.
[ ] Let her do whatever she wants

Choice B
[ ] Ask Suika what the hell was her problem
[ ] Ask Reimu to finish talking about Marisa.
[ ] Ask Reimu about herself
[ ] Ask Suika about herself
[ ] Ask about Danmaku
[ ] Ask about Youkais
>> No. 9922
[x] Resist a little, but just for the show, you don’t really mind.
[x] Tell Suika that Reimu has barely touched hers.
[x] Ask about Danmaku
[x] Ask about Youkais
[x] Ask Reimu about herself
[x] Ask Suika about herself

Asking about Marisa was really just a conversation opener.
>> No. 9924
A:
[+] Resist a little, but just for the show, you don’t really mind.

B:
[+] Ask about the general knowledge of this place: what it's called, what is danmaku, what are youkai, things like that.
>> No. 9927
[x] Resist a little, but just for the show, you don’t really mind.
[x] Tell her to have a bit of your stuff herself, she seems to like alcohol.
[x] Tell Suika that Reimu has barely touched her alcohol.

[x] Ask Reimu to finish talking about Marisa.
[x] Ask Reimu about herself
[x] Ask Suika about herself
>> No. 9938
[x] Resist a little, but just for the show, you don’t really mind.
[x] Tell Suika that Reimu has barely touched hers.
[x] Ask about Danmaku
[x] Ask about Youkais
[x] Ask Reimu about herself
[x] Ask Suika about herself

If all goes well this will culminate into a alcohol and tension-filled one night stand with Reimu.
>> No. 9939
[x] Resist a little, but just for the show, you don’t really mind.
[x] Tell Suika that Reimu has barely touched hers.
[x] Ask about Danmaku
[x] Ask about Youkais
[x] Ask Reimu about herself
[x] Ask Suika about herself
>> No. 9940
[x] Resist a little, but just for the show, you don’t really mind.
[x] Tell Suika that Reimu has barely touched hers.
[x] Ask about Danmaku
[x] Ask about Youkais
[x] Ask Reimu about herself
[x] Ask Suika about herself
>> No. 9965
update
>> No. 9973
Been busy a lot with local politics this week and probably will keep being. There's a huge fuss at the General Students Association which I'm a member of and it's starting to become a real shitstorm.

Anyway, Back/2/work
>> No. 9991
waitan
>> No. 10005
still waitan
>> No. 10019
7 minutes
>> No. 10020
That, you must admit you didn't see coming. The Oni moved in faster than you imagined it possible for her to and pushed you on the ground. She is leaning over you, her left hand pushing your chest against the ground and her right holding tightly the bottle upside down in your mouth. The surprise aside, you could even enjoy that: having that cute little demon all over you, alcohol as a bonus. But no matter how nice it would be to just stay down like this, you've got appearances to save; you don't want to look like a loser who's being dominated by a little girl do you? You try to move but her left hand hold you still. Hell she's a lot stronger than she looks. Is that the famous strength of Youkais or is it just her? Whichever the case, you can't shake her off.

Think fast, there's got to be a way to win this round… You search your memory for any trick about battles that could come up handy, but you're in a pretty delicate position, that and you don't really intent to hurt her. Finally, an idea cross your mind as you remember the time you studied pressure points back when you wanted to be a cop. You hold her shoulders and push your thumbs into her armpits. Immediately her grip loosens and she let go of you and the bottle which you catch in mid-air. You get back on the cushion and finish the bottle yourself as Suika stares at you, visibly surprised that you managed to free yourself.

-"Heh, sorry for that, you startled me on this one, warn me before you do this kind of stuff next time" you excuse yourself with an apologetic smile

-"You're better than you look, I'll keep an eye on you." She replies while pointing you with her index. She doesn't seem mad at all. In fact she looks quite… interested.

Well, this sure took you by surprise, ignoring the silence that suddenly invaded the room, you look at Reimu. Why did she just stay there doing nothing? As if guessing your question, she rolls her eyes and answers your silent interrogation.

-"What? I'm on a day off…"

You glare at her. That was uncalled for. You look around and try to find a way to get her back. Conveniently enough, the item of her demise lies right in front of her. You grin back at the miko and reply confidently.

-"Well then, I might as well take some time off too"

-"huh?"

Confronted with your grin and your sudden confidence, Reimu's smile drops. She frowns, visibly wondering what you planned. You lean towards Suika and whispers in her ear

-"You know… she hasn't touched hers neither."

Suika looks at you then at Reimu and her eyes catch sight of the full bottle of beer next to the shrine Maiden.

-"Hey you're right!"

-"Wha-? what is he right about?"

Suika slowly walks towards the Shrine Maiden, bearing a grin that couldn’t be any more suspicious. Reimu stay still. She seems completely mystified by the turn of events. Suika get on her knees behind the shrine maiden and run her nose on the back of her neck.

-“Suika, what are you--”she begins, slightly shocked

Suika pass her arms each side of Reimu as if about to hug her.

-“Explain this to me,” Suika whispers softly “how do you intend to be a good host tonight if…”

Taking advantage of Reimu’s confusion, the Oni grabbed the bottle of beer in a swift move and held the shrine maiden still.

-“You don’t drink even a little!”

Just like she did with you, Suika forces the alcohol down Reimu’s throat. She tries to fight back rather aggressively but is no match for the strength of the Oni. Did she attack her from behind to be sure she wouldn’t be caught twice with the same trick? The empty bottle falls on the table noisily, marking the end of the round and Suika’s flawless victory. Reimu breathes deeply, trying to get some air. Now would be a good time to change the subject.

-“What? I’m on a day off…” You can’t help but say. Reimu glares daggers at you but eventually drops it. “Anyway, now we’re even. But seriously, I’d like to know more about this Danmaku you two were talking about.”

Reimu stays silent, still not getting over what just happened. Suika gets back on her cushion and takes out more bottles of beers from under the table. (Still not going to risk a look under that thing).

-“Ah don’t be like this, it’s fair game.” Suika says as she gives more beer to the both of you. “Basically, Danmaku is a generic term that stands for the abilities of most people in Gensokyo. I could explain it thoroughly, but you’ll only understand really when you’ll see it. Basically, a match of Danmaku is a battle in which two or more, but usually two, opponents face eachother and attack by materializing a very large number of projectiles and unleashing them upon the enemy while yourself avoiding every single of them.”

You nod quietly and take a moment to think. You didn’t expect Suika out of all the people you met today to give you that kind of precise explanation. You had expected her explanations to be childish and rather vague. You still have a lot of questions though.

-“So, what kind of projectiles are used?” you ask curiously

-“All kinds, some uses elemental-based projectiles such as fire and ice, others use pure energy. Some even uses weapons as catalysts, sword, knives, etc. Basically, just anything can be used for Danmaku. Bullets can be small and fast just like your Vermillion and others can be huge.”

So that’s quite interesting. But something’s bugging you…

-“I see… Hey Reimu, I heard you before says “but for people who can’t do it naturally” does that means that most people here in Gensokyo can do Danmaku.”

-“Hmmm? Depends. Almost all youkais can and some gifted humans do too, but not everyone can.”Reimu replies bluntly as usual.” I’m sure you can’t.”

You roll your eyes and chase the comment with a hand gesture before continuing.

-“Here we go again with those Youkais I still know shit about.”

Reimu takes a long drop of beer before taking over for Suika -“To keep it simple, Youkai is a word for all sorts of supernatural creatures. Vampires, ghosts, you get the picture.”

-“Yeah, what about you?” you launch at Suika “What kind of Youkai are you?”

-“I told you already, I’m an Oni.” She replies

-“And what makes an Oni well, an Oni? As far as vampires and ghosts are involved, we already got a stereotype in San Pedro, but I’m clueless here.”

Without letting Suika a chance to reply, Reimu interfere. -“Well, To begin with, Onis are supposed to be extinct in Gensokyo.”

-“Reimu!” Suika interrupts with a sharp tone.

-“Hey, I’m just saying facts.” Reimu replies with an innocent look “To say the Truth, Suika is the only Oni I’ve heard of that still lives in Gensokyo.”

-“That’s because most of us lives somewhere else, you know why.” She adds while looking away, slightly offended for a reason you can’t quite figure out just yet.

-“Anyway” Reimu goes on. “Onis are, supposedly, a race of powerful youkais who love to compete against others. They used to challenge humans but since they always won and--” She hesitates for a moment. “People got tired of losing and stopped competing with them altogether.” For a split second, you could swear you’ve seen Suika glare daggers at Reimu “They aren’t usually aggressive youkais, they just love to measure themselves to others, as well as making big feasts and parties.”

Woah, that sure sounds awkward for a Demon. Party-Throwing Demons? You wouldn’t mind being stuck in a horror movie with that kind of demon. You don’t know what to make out of this. Maybe it’s why she live with her, if she’s not a hostile Youkai then it would explain, even if only partially, her presence at a Shrine.

-“Oh yeah, and Oni hates lies.” She concludes.

-“Hmmm...” You take a second to wonder. “Thank you I guess, but there’s still something I wonder.”

Cont.
>> No. 10021
You’re about to take a drop of the Alcohol, but find the bottle empty. As Suika notices it, she immediately frowns before taking out this time not two, but a dozen of bottles, different beers and liquors, and slamming them onto the table.

-“J-just how many did you hide under that table?” This is weird, even by yours standards.

-“Oh, just enough” she says with a smile.

-“Didn’t you want to ask something?” Reimu reminds you before grabbing a small white bottle

-“Yeah” you grab the nearest one, a medium-sized dark red bottle. On the Label, you can see “Abe Yume, 67%” “I was going to ask about you. You said that most humans can’t do much Danmaku but you exorcise Youkais and a lot of them are afraid of you. Just who are you?”

-“Well what to say? I am the shrine Maiden of the Hakurei Shrine, that’s all. Although you could almost say my real job is taking care of all the problems in Gensokyo.” She sighs and suddenly seems a lot tired. It looks like there was more to her than you expected. It feels like it isn’t the first time you felt that too. You make a mental note not to under-estimate anyone here. “If you don’t mind I don’t feel like talking about that.”

-“Well, the guests should be here soon anyway, don’t worry.” Suika adds. With a sudden, suspicious grin

-“Wait, guests? How could you invite anyone? You were sitting here the whole time.” You ask, wondering what kind of powers she hides.

-“He’s right Suika you-- Oh damnit...”

Reimu sighs deeply and takes a small sip from her white bottle.

-“Just don’t destroy everything or I’ll kill the both of you...”

-“hahahaha WHAT?”

At the same time, you hear someone knocking at the entrance.

--------------------------------------------------------
Choice A
[ ] Drinks lightly, you want to stay the most aware you can.
[ ] Drinks normally
[ ] Drinks heavily, it’s supposed to be a party, no?

Choice B
[ ] Go greet the newcomer.
[ ] Try to get some more information as the party goes on.
[ ] Just chat normally and enjoy your time.
[ ] This is a party. Parties are meant to fuck around and do crazy stuff



--------------------
Jesus, the GSA called in a General Assembly next Tuesday... Why the fuck did I Volunteer for that... Anyway, expect the Week-end pace to be like last week's Three days rush. I should have some time tomorow too.
>> No. 10022
[X] Drinks heavily, it’s supposed to be a party, no? VODKAAAAAAA~

[X] Go greet the newcomer.
>> No. 10023
[x] Drink heavily, it’s supposed to be a party, no?

in b4 waking up in Eientei from an alcohol-induced coma

[x] Go greet the newcomer.

HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
>> No. 10027
[x] Drinks lightly, you want to stay the most aware you can.

[x] Just chat normally and enjoy your time.
[x] Get more information after the party. Don't want any of the visitors to find you suspicious.
>> No. 10061
waitingwritefagsleepingonkeyboard.jpg
>> No. 10062
[x] Drinks lightly, you want to stay the most aware you can.
[x] Just chat normally and enjoy your time.
[x] Get more information after the party. Don't want any of the visitors to find you suspicious.
>> No. 10066
[x] Drinks lightly, you want to stay the most aware you can.
[x] Just chat normally and enjoy your time.
[x] Get more information after the party. Don't want any of the visitors to find you suspicious.
>> No. 10095
[x] Drinks lightly, you want to stay the most aware you can.
[x] Just chat normally and enjoy your time.
[x] Get more information after the party. Don't want any of the visitors to find you suspicious.

First to five in times like this might be asking too much.

Just saying.
>> No. 10096
>>10095

I've already started but Meido RPG keep distracting me. Shit's good.
>> No. 10118
[x] Drinks lightly, you want to stay the most aware you can.
[x] Just chat normally and enjoy your time.
[x] Get more information after the party. Don't want any of the visitors to find you suspicious

You almost stand up to answer at the door, but you realize in time that you aren’t home anymore and that it would have been impolite. You stay still and let Reimu take care of this. She stands up but rather than going herself, she turns to Suika.

-“It’s your guests, go greet them. I’ve got some stuff to clean before they get in.”

Without even acknowledging Suika’s answer, Reimu quickly puts the empty bowls on the plate and leave the room. Suika watch her with an amused eye before herself heading to the main door. You are left alone in the dining room. Yup, completely alone... You quickly get down and take a look under the table. Holy hell! It’s a wonder how you didn’t hit one by accident, the bottles of alcohol are filling all the space under the table. You sit back correctly and wait.

It doesn’t take long before Suika comes back with two other blonde-haired girls. One of them is wearing a rather cliché outfit clearly stereotype of a witch. The other one is more original while not that weird. She wears a long dress mostly blue with some white around the shoulder area.

-“And then, she totally flew away just like that! ” finish the first one, probably at the end of a story she was telling to her friend before arriving.

-“My my, aren’t you overdoing things? I am positive that such a demonstration of power would have not been necessary” comments the other.

-“And who’s that?” says the witch while pointing you. “I knew it! Hakurei is secretly breaking her vows!”

-“Well excuse me Ms Dirty. “Reimu replies from behind the witch.”But that guy only arrived today. Besides, even IF I wanted to do that, I wouldn’t do it with just anything.”

AnyTHING? Okay that does it.

-“Same goes for me Reimu, don’t think so highly of you just yet.”

-“W-what did you just say!?”

-“A lover’s quarrel.” Comments the witch

-“Hey, you” you suddenly ignore Reimu and report your attention to the witch. “I don’t know who you are but you’re stealing my job.”

The witch shrugs -“Hey, that miko is mine to annoy, go find yourself another one. Anyway, I’m Marisa Kirisame.” She then motions towards her friend. “And that’s Alice”

-“I already told you to stop referring to me as “that”” Alice replies, slightly annoyed.

The two sits down and grab something to drink, Marisa next to Reimu and Alice next to you. Marisa takes a big brown bottle while Alice takes a small green one. In no time, the tensions disappear and the party starts looking like a real one. You drink lightly, just enough to keep Suika happy. Herself and Marisa however are drinking like there’s no tomorrow. The bunch chat normally of nothing and everything but you quickly notice that you can’t participate in the conversation as much as you would like. They keep talking about people you don’t know, places you don’t know and magic you know even less. You listen closely, trying to register as much as possible. After a while, Reimu joins in the drinking with Marisa and Suika and seems to have completely forgotten about you. You notice that Alice, just like you, is trying to drink the least she can. Maybe she has bad alcohol tolerance?

-“I didn’t expect you to be the reasonable one in this shrine...” Alice says quietly. “It appears I may not be alone to watch over them this time...”

-“Hm?” you inquire before lowering the bottle from your lips “I’m just not really fond of getting drunk in someone I barely know’s place.”

-“It is still a proof of maturity. Well, whatever the reason, you might not really have a choice when they become so drunk they forget about how powerful they really are... Be careful, Rip.”

The party keeps going and a quick glance at the window displays the setting sun. It’s that late already? No way, either the sun sets awfully soon here or your estimation of the time was off by a few hours There’s no way it could have been hours, it barely feels like one has passed. Suddenly, someone is heard knocking on the main door again. Suika jumps on her feet and stumbles a little.

-“Sure took her time!” she says before walking in zigzag toward the door.

You stop for a moment and think. Just who could this be? Reimu and the other have talked about numerous people, but you have no clue which one of them that could be. There’s only one way to know. You wait motionless, trying to hear the voices at the front door, but in vain.

-“Riiiip!” Suika shouts from the main door! “Someone’s waiting for you here!”

Hm? Someone wanting to see you? Who could that ever be? You didn’t meet anyone else besides the people in the Shrine. You stand up and manage an “I’ll be back soon” before leaving the room. You cross Suika, trying to skip but her balance failing her every time, on your way. As you reach the main door, you jump in surprise. No... This is impossible, it defies all logic...

-“Sorry for interrupting, I want to apologize for earlier. Come, I have something for you.”

Standing right in front of you in the setting sun is the Youkai you killed earlier today...

--------------------------------------------
[ ] Accept her invitation

[ ] Refuse her invitation [If you refuse chose from the following]
--[ ] Tell her you’re the one who should apologize
--[ ] Tell her you don’t trust her.
--[ ] Ask her how the hell she is still alive.
>> No. 10122
[X]Invite her to the party!
Then:
[X] Ask her how the hell she is still alive.
[X] Give her some alcohol~

MOE END~
>> No. 10123
{X} Invite her to the party!
Then:
{X} Ask her how the hell she is still alive.
{X} Give her some alcohol~

...
>> No. 10124
[X]Invite her to the party!
Then:
[X] Ask her how the hell she is still alive.
[X] Give her some alcohol~

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
>> No. 10125
[x]Invite her to the party!
Then:
[x] Ask her how the hell she is still alive.
[x] Give her some alcohol~

GOD DAMN IT ARC. Why can't you stay dead?
>> No. 10126
[x] Ask her how the hell she is still alive, but instead of waiting for an answer pull out your vermillion and fill the bitch with holes while running backwards and calling for backup from the party members to tear her limb from limb!
>> No. 10127
>>10125
Because she is too awesome to be dead.
>> No. 10133
You freeze for a moment, completely speechless at the apparition before your eyes. There’s no mistaking it, it’s that Youkai from earlier. She hasn’t changed one bit from the last time you’ve seen her. Worst of all the wound you inflicted her is gone, even her clothing looks like it has been repaired. The last rays of the sun vanish into nothingness and a few drops of rain tickle you. How is that possible? You killed her! You saw her dead, her eyes empty of all life. Your basic instincts tell you that any creature that would have been killed by you should logically be out for revenge, but she doesn’t look aggressive. In fact, you realize that there is a lot of Sadness in her eyes. The rain begins to become more oppressing as you try to compose yourself again, to no avail.

Her words are barely registered by your brain and you ignore both her apology and her request. You try to rationalize everything. If she wanted revenge, she would have attacked you without a notice, like you did with her, right? At least you do hope so. Your eyes wander into hers for a while longer; the sadness pictured in those is deep. You wonder why, you are the one who killed her for no apparent reason, why in the world would she feel sad or sorry?

-“C-Come in.” you start, hesitating. “It’s going to rain badly soon.”You slowly build a little more confidence. ”it’s warm inside and we were having a party, why don’t you join?”

-“No... I can’t...” she simply replies, looking down. “Thank you anyway. If things weren’t as they are, I would have accepted, but... sorry, I just can’t...”

-“Then...” You hesitate a little, the question that had been on your mind ever since finally coming out. “Could you tell me... how?”

-“How am I still alive?” She laughs a little, but it’s obviously a forced laugh, tainted of pain “I met a girl with blonde hair, she told me that “the time had not come yet” or something like that.”

Well, that’s not the answer you expected, yet what did you really expect? Also, who is this blonde girl? Does she have the power to resurrect people? Or is it only that the wound you inflicted didn’t kill the Youkai immediately. The rain becomes stronger and stronger.

-“Just come in already, you’re going to catch a cold. I swear you’re not going to regret it”

She laughs painfully again -“A party with the crazy miko, the damn black-white and the local alcohol addict? I’ll probably end up getting killed again...” She looks up at you and suddenly her tone is higher, more imperative “Why? Tell me why you killed me like this! I was ready for a match, why did you have to do something like that.” She takes a few steps as she says her last words, almost shouting.

Thinking about it, she’s somewhat right, your attack was sneaky and all, but back then you didn’t know. You didn’t know anything. What Danmaku was; what a Youkai really was. She looks desperate and sad in the rain like this. Her clothes are soaked wet and her wings and ears are folded against herself

-“I...” the words just won’t come out “I just... I was told Youkai were extremely dangerous. That’s all...” Shit, didn’t come out as expected...

-“You dummy... only lower Youkais act like animals. And even so...” she looks down again.

-“Please, I have a farewell gift for you.”She starts playing with her fingers. ” Don’t just ditch it like this. I just want you to trust me at least once and let me show you that Youkais are better than what you think of them.”

------------------------------------------
[ ] Accept her request
[ ] Refuse her request
--[ ] Insist that she should join you inside
--[ ] She looks so sad, tell her you’re sorry about what happened and try to lighten the burden she placed upon herself
--[ ] Offer to settle things the way they should have been back then. Suggest a duel.
>> No. 10141
[x] Accept her request.
[x] She looks so sad, tell her you’re sorry about what happened and try to lighten the burden she placed upon herself.
[x] Offer to settle things the way they should have been back then. Suggest a duel.

[x] Hold her in your arms, thank her and apologize.
[x] Insist that she should join you inside.
>> No. 10144
[x] "Why are you speaking of farewells when we've only just met?"
[x] "Come." Pull her close so that her forehead touches yours and you have her locked firmly in your stare.
[x] Bring your voice down to a whisper. "Mistakes and ugly circumstance, nothing more. We'll go inside, we'll drink with the others, and we'll forget about the unhappy things. Nothing else needs to be said. Come."
[x] Take her by the hand and bring her inside.
>> No. 10147
[x] "Why are you speaking of farewells when we've only just met?"
[x] "Come." Pull her close so that her forehead touches yours and you have her locked firmly in your stare.
[x] Bring your voice down to a whisper. "Mistakes and ugly circumstance, nothing more. We'll go inside, we'll drink with the others, and we'll forget about the unhappy things. Nothing else needs to be said. Come."
[x] Take her by the hand and bring her inside.

This looks a bit better than the first one.
>> No. 10148
[x] "Why are you speaking of farewells when we've only just met?"
[x] "Come." Pull her close so that her forehead touches yours and you have her locked firmly in your stare.
[x] Bring your voice down to a whisper. "Mistakes and ugly circumstance, nothing more. We'll go inside, we'll drink with the others, and we'll forget about the unhappy things. Nothing else needs to be said. Come."
[x] Take her by the hand and bring her inside.

In b4 she flips out.
>> No. 10149
What is this? Interesting...

Noted, Writan when I get back from College tomorow. Considering I'm about three hours earlier than the board, I should be back and writan somewhere around 12.

Now, about the next update... let's just say that how events will unfold will depends greatly on whether you're lucky or not, Anon~
>> No. 10150
>>Now, about the next update... let's just say that how events will unfold will depends greatly on whether you're lucky or not, Anon~

>>whether you're lucky or not, Anon~
>>lucky or not
>>Anon~
>>lucky
>>Anon

You know, there's nothing wrong with just coming right out and saying "you are so totally screwed." It's alright. They're used to it.
>> No. 10152
>>10150

Screwed? Maybe, Maybe not. I honestly don't know~
>> No. 10157
We're being so forward because we suspect it's an act. See, here we turn her plan inside-out by biting the lure too hard, forcing her to maintain this embarrassing charade in front of those she's most afraid of.

Otherwise, if you don't take control of the conversation away from her, if you're not so forward that it surprises her, she'll slide her hand between your ribs as soon as you come into range.

Suika likely knows all this and considers it fair play; judgment was written all over her face while we told her the story.
>> No. 10159
>>10157

OR, or we just want sex. We don't care who it's with anymore.
>> No. 10160
>>10159

Anonymous takes this time to remind you, that wanting to fuck someone, and wanting to fuck someone over, are not mutually exclusive.
>> No. 10168
>>10157
>judgment was written all over her face while we told her the story.
Seemed more like she was wondering how we could have pulled it off. She wouldn't have been so excited to see the gun otherwise. Suika is not sending us to our death.

If Mystia wanted to kill us, she would have tried to wait until we left the shrine alone. Showing up at the shrine like this could mean we were last seen leaving with her, and that's trouble she doesn't need.
>> No. 10172
>>10168

You don't understand. This a matter of honor. We killed her while talking to her pleasantly, in the middle of a conversation. She was expecting a danmaku duel, a highly ritualized form of combat between humans and youkai which is (usually) non-lethal, but then without warning, we shot her in the chest and left as if we had put down a beast.

A betrayal, really; an egregious break of long established social convention. It's not just a matter of personal revenge now, this is a slight against youkai on a far larger scale. That's why she doesn't seek revenge, but a reckoning. We broke socials rules and murdered her, and now she will do the same to us. Quid pro quo.

It's the true meaning behind her statement:

>I just want you to trust me at least once and let me show you that Youkais are better than what you think of them.

She's telling the truth here. Trust her and you'll see firsthand that youkai--like humans--are capable of emotional manipulation, lies, cruelty, and backstabbing.
>> No. 10180
>>10172
>That's why she doesn't seek revenge, but a reckoning.
>you'll see firsthand that youkai--like humans--are capable of emotional manipulation, lies, cruelty, and backstabbing.
Seems kind of pointless if we're going to be dead. That's just revenge.
>> No. 10182
>>10172

[x] Force her to come inside. "Suika, hold her down while I pour sake in her mouth to see if we can get her drunk enough to start telling the truth and possibly take off her clothes. You other drunk bitches, stand by with Danmaku at the ready"

Perhaps anon is thinking too much.
>> No. 10183
[x] "Why are you speaking of farewells when we've only just met?"
[x] "Come." Pull her close so that her forehead touches yours and you have her locked firmly in your stare.
[x] Bring your voice down to a whisper. "Mistakes and ugly circumstance, nothing more. We'll go inside, we'll drink with the others, and we'll forget about the unhappy things. Nothing else needs to be said. Come."
[x] Take her by the hand and bring her inside.

>>10149
>>10152

Don't tell me you're gonna be using dice rolls.
>> No. 10184
>>10183

>Don't tell me you're gonna be using dice rolls.

Ha...haha... not a fucking chance I'd let something as annoying as that control MY story...

Anyway, Back two hours later than expected due to some problems. Writan
>> No. 10185
>>10184
>Anyway, Back two hours later than expected due to some problems. Writan

Hooray!
>> No. 10189
There’s something wrong with all of this. And that thing is - or rather, was - you. Looking back on what you’ve done, you feel badly and she would have quite the right to hate you. You can’t really make your mind on what to do next. Half of your mind screams that the situation in which you are is more dangerous than any you’ve encountered before while the other only cares for forgiveness. Amidst those main thoughts, some other sparse thoughts are still floating around, making it all the harder to chose wisely. When did the situation become like this? Why are you thinking so much? Enough of this already.

"Why are you speaking of farewells when we've only just met?" You manage on a soft tone, close to hers.

Yes, whether she’s after you or not, this is the best thing to do. If it’s an act, you’ll surprise her. If she’s sincere, then... NO, it’s not the time to be thinking about that kind of things! You take two steps forward, now at barely a meter of this Youkai you encountered twice in the same day yet whose name escapes you. The rain and the darkness around you two disappear as nothing more exists, the noises from inside the Shrine lowers and become faints. The sound of every drop of rain on the ground and the leaves fills your ears before vanishing into the void too. You grab her hand and take another step, leaning towards what look to you know like just a lost girl. Your forehead touch hers and you close your eyes for a second, sighing deeply.

"Mistakes and ugly circumstances, nothing more.”Your voice is now nothing more than a whisper; regret can be felt in it as you go on.” We'll go inside, we'll drink with the others, and we'll forget about the unhappy things. Nothing else needs to be said. Come." You whisper slowly as your eyes gaze endlessly into hers.

You hold her tightly in your arms, letting go of a single manly tear which despite having for goal to deceive her had some truth in it. You’re about to let go of her and bring her inside, but then the unexpected happens. She returns the gesture and her arms wrap around your back. Her feet let go and slides backward but her arms remains tight. She is now on her knees; her hat has fallen on the ground.

-“W-what’s up with you?” she ask, slightly flustered. “Do you really regret honestly, sincerely what happened? I would like to believe it... So many people despise us. Humans hunt or exorcise us and Higher Youkais look down on us whenever they get a chance.”

-“I... I told you earlier, I didn’t know anything but what Reimu told me about Youkais back then...”

-“Maybe... I jumped too fast to conclusions...” she whispers, barely loud enough for you to hear it at all.

Suddenly, you can feel her muscles become tensed, she seems quite nervous and she’s now looking down again. Her head is resting against your chest and her arms holding you tightly. The both of you are completely oblivious to the rain and the noises around you...
--------------------------------
[ ] Write-in only

Whatever happens next, I will love...
>> No. 10191
[x] Hug her tightly.
[x] Just cry into her shoulder.
[x] "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

Just let those cathartic tears flow and show her how we really feel.
>> No. 10193
[x] Shush her and stroke her hair. "Youkai or human, you're a person to me now, and I'm not happy seeing other people unhappy."
[x] Kiss the crown of her head and end the moment with some levity. "Come on, let's get your feathers out this rain, before you catch your death of cold; if I killed you twice in one day I wouldn't be able to bear it!"
[x] Pick up her hat. "Have to wash the mud off your hat before it stains."
>> No. 10194
>>10190>>10191
Seems a little over-the-top, I dunno. I regret trying to kill her just because Reimu said, but I don't completely trust her yet. Are we sure she never attacks people?

>So many people despise us. Humans hunt or exorcise us and Higher Youkais look down on us whenever they get a chance.
Not all stories follow this, but PMiSS says that lots of youkai shop at, live in, and even protect the human village. Even if this story doesn't, we have Suika here as proof that not all youkai are being persecuted. Why is Mystia being treated like this? Is she just too weak to get the same consideration as other youkai?
>> No. 10197
[x] Shush her and stroke her hair. "Youkai or human, you're a person to me now, and I'm not happy seeing other people unhappy."
[x] Kiss the crown of her head and end the moment with some levity. "Come on, let's get your feathers out this rain, before you catch your death of cold; if I killed you twice in one day I wouldn't be able to bear it!"
[x] Pick up her hat. "Have to wash the mud off your hat before it stains."
>> No. 10198
>>10194

In the games Reimu exterminates youkai with abandon. PMiSS also says that youkai hunting is regular occurrence. Those that go into the village, are very powerful and appear fully human, like Yuka, or are regulars that carry out the will of their master, like Ran or Reisen.

Unattached beast youkai like Mystia are among the lowest level of youkai and considered to be the most dangerous. Some of them can't even communicate and attack humans in ignorance of the spellcard system.
>> No. 10199
>>10194

Yeah, I guess that one is a little over the top.

[x] Shush her and stroke her hair. "Youkai or human, you're a person to me now, and I'm not happy seeing other people unhappy."
[x] Kiss the crown of her head and end the moment with some levity. "Come on, let's get your feathers out this rain, before you catch your death of cold; if I killed you twice in one day I wouldn't be able to bear it!"
[x] Pick up her hat. "Have to wash the mud off your hat before it stains."
>> No. 10200
>>10198
>In the games Reimu exterminates youkai with abandon.
When there's a disaster Reimu goes out bashing heads until she bashes the right ones to lead her to the source of it. Or sometimes it's just plain mugging, like with Tokiko. Reimu is a bitch.

>PMiSS also says that youkai hunting is regular occurrence.
These seem more like they would be aimed more at youkai who are known threats. They don't have enough manpower to go after all of them.

>Those that go into the village, are very powerful and appear fully human, like Yuka, or are regulars that carry out the will of their master, like Ran or Reisen.
There are a lot more youkai in the village who aren't characters in the games:
>Although many youkai also visit the village for the stores of use to them, they are rarely violent, so it is a carefree place. Even if you meet a youkai in the village, you should greet them respectfully as if they were your elder.
>Moreover, although many stores are kept open late at night, nocturnal business may also be done at stores exclusively for youkai. Since many youkai are active at night, such stores are quite prosperous. It can be said that youkai are good customers. It is also an everyday occurrence for youkai and humans to drink sake together particularly at those shops.
>If one wonders why the human village is not attacked, the truth is that it's protected by youkai. If the humans of Gensokyo perished, these youkai would also be troubled.
>> No. 10204
[x] Shush her and stroke her hair. "Youkai or human, you're a person to me now, and I'm not happy seeing other people unhappy."
[x] Kiss the crown of her head and end the moment with some levity. "Come on, let's get your feathers out this rain, before you catch your death of cold; if I killed you twice in one day I wouldn't be able to bear it!"
[x] Pick up her hat. "Have to wash the mud off your hat before it stains."
>> No. 10205
~Right.

6 hours of sleep then resuming Work. I don't know if I'll have enough time before I leave for college, but I'll try. If everything goes well you'll wake up with an Update. (I'm starting to like my timezone)
>> No. 10208
[X] Hug her
[X] Take her inside, she will catch cold here
if she still doesn't want then
[X] Use force!
>> No. 10209
>>10200
>When there's a disaster Reimu goes out bashing heads until she bashes the right ones to lead her to the source of it.
This sounds so painfully much like Sam & Max.
>> No. 10226
"Youkai or human, you're a person to me now, and I'm not happy seeing other people unhappy." You whisper before slowly reaching out a friendly hand and slowly stroking her hair.

She startles and her eyes open wide before closing slowly. The two of you remain like this, in eachother’s arms with you gently stroking her hair. Her grip tightens and you feel something sharp in your back. A knife? Can’t be. Her nails? Maybe. The feeling becomes more oppressing as she slowly presses harder against your back. You try to ignore it as much as possible and keep stroking her hair. Ultimately she stops and her arms fall on her side.

She let out a nervous laugh - “Heh, what was I thinking?”

You let go of her and she looks away slightly embarrassed.

-“L-look, I’m sorry I--” she try to say something but you interrupt her

-“You tried to kill me? After what happened today I’m not surprised. Anybody would have felt that way. What’s really important is that you changed your mind before it was too late.”

-“Yeah, that was the plan... but when you said “Youkai or human, you're a person to me now”... ” She now looks at you, slightly less embarrassed but still not comfortable in the situation she got herself in. “At first I wanted you to feel the same pain as you put me through, but then I realized something important.” She pauses a moment and a smile slowly appears on her face. “I realized that if I killed you, then I would be no better than you. So now you owe me one!” Woah, where did she get this confidence from?

This isn’t over yet though... You get down on your left knee and kiss gently the crown of her head. This ten minutes of annoying tension is officially over, it’s time to go back to your usual laid-back and carefree self. The Youkai blush a little and looks at you in shock, muttering something under her breathe. You can’t quite make out what she said, but you’re pretty sure you heard the words “why”, “already” and “dummy”.

“Come on, let's get your feathers out this rain, before you catch your death of cold; if I killed you twice in one day I wouldn't be able to bear it!”

You pick up her hat and look at it. It’s been slightly dirtied when it fell on the ground, but it isn’t that bad. However, you can’t help but add softly “Have to wash the mud off your hat before it stains.”

The Youkai laugh slightly, this time it isn’t nervous or forced, it’s honest. You can see in her eyes the same spark you’ve seen when you first met her today, this lively and playful spark. Looks like the two of you finally got out of this act and got over killing the other. Or maybe it’s an act into the act to get you off guard? You close your eyes and forget about this. Thinking too much becomes annoying in the long-term.

-“You know...” she starts, pausing in the middle of her sentence. You open your eyes and look at her. “When I said I had something for you, it was sorta true...” You look at her puzzled. “Let’s just say “someone” convinced me to show you what Danmaku was like.”

Danmaku? You remember Suika telling you about it, but you also remember her saying that you would only truly understand after seeing it of your own eyes. The last sentence of the Youkai leave you wondering as you wait for her to go on.

-“right~” she simply says with the confidence she managed to build back even while facing someone who actually murdered her.

She puts both her hands against the ground and grin at you in a way you’re not sure you like. Suddenly, the air around you becomes hotter and crimson stripes rises from the ground. Several circles with complicated drawings and symbols appear around you, the biggest one being directly under her. Is this Danmaku, this power they always talk about? Her wings spread and she puts her hat back on, completely ignoring the rain. Come to think of it, you’re barely feeling it at all.

Then without a warning, she takes off and stops at about five meters over you. So she actually CAN fly... and how are YOU supposed to follow? Shit... Your hand instinctively reaches out for the Vermillion, but you stop. This time, you’re not fighting for real. Well she said she didn’t want to kill you anymore, right? If it’s a lie into the act into the act you’re starting to get seriously tired of all that bullshit.

The circles that appeared on the ground raise into the air and follow the Youkai. The biggest one remaining always around her, spinning, while the others are taking what seems to you like just random positions in mid-air, all stopping to face you. Suddenly, she extends her right arm and flies slightly towards the right in a way that reminds you those fighting videogames in which you would just air-dash around the enemy to avoid getting hit. As she does so, you can see a line of green spheres appear as if she had traced them with her right arm. As she stops, she make a sign with her right hand and the spheres disperse at a surprising speed around her. Some of them are even aimed straight toward you! You sidestep to avoid an incoming sphere and already she’s at it again but with her left arm. You have no choice but to jump to the right to avoid the second wave of projectiles. Just what are those made of?

You quickly think about everything you learned in the shrine. This isn’t an element so are those spheres made of pure energy? Wouldn’t that require an incredible amount of energy? Yet you don’t know shit about Danmaku except the basics. This time, blue spheres are sent created in straight line around her, reaching until the magic circles. Maybe those act as beacons. You stay alert, trying to figure out how they will move next, but nothing. The bullets remain completely motionless, stuck in mid-air as if gravity and time did not apply. Taking you off guard, she sends yet another wave of those green spheres. Were those blue ones only to distract you? You jump to your left and stumbles around, nearly falling on the ground. Jesus that was close. And you nearly hit one of those blue ones too. No time to think, a fourth wave of green spheres quickly follows but you’ve seen it coming. You jump to the right and move backward.

Suddenly, a great pain takes over your chest. You don’t get it, didn’t you dodge those? You look behind and realize you hit one of those blue bullets by accident while moving backward. The Youkai stops for a moment. You can’t clearly see her face, but she waits until you stand up.

-“So that’s Danmaku... ”You aren’t exhausted yet, but doing that for a while would prove to be quite a sport. “And just how do you do that? From what I heard, Humans can do it too.”

-“That’s true. Some humans can, but how to changes from one person to another.” She then adds with a mocking tone. “And you’ll have to figure it out on your own. That is if you can before you lose.”

She resumes her attacks just like before. At first you are annoyed by her spheres’s speed but after a few waves, you become more at ease amidst all this. The pattern is always the same and it’s easy to anticipate. However, reacting on time and keeping all those damn static bullets in mind proves to be more of pain. Especially now that they scatter after a few waves, only to be replace by more. After your second time hitting a bullet trying to dodge another, you’re starting to become annoyed. How do you even play this? Well at least it isn’t leaving any real injury besides the pain...

-“Just how long do you plan on keeping this up?”

-“Long enough~” She smirks. “But you’re right; I’m getting tired of this.”



cont.
>> No. 10227
Suddenly, all the green and blue bullets disappear and you feel a little better. A strange, loud noise burst from around as a shockwave of thin energy scatters around the Youkai. You can see her taking something out of her outfit but you can’t quite see what. You stay alert, awaiting her next move. Even if you DID want to know more about Danmaku, you’re not sure that was the way you wanted it to happen. And what are doing the others inside the shrine? Aren’t they noticing the lights? Or the noises of the bullets hurled everywhere? Didn’t they realize you never came back? The magic circles moves to new positions and rotate their angles. The Youkai stay still and extend both arms to her sides, sparse circles of small light purple bullets spreading. Those one are thinner and look sharper. From the Magic Circles, another type of projectiles is hurled at you. Those remind you more the end of an arrow or of a spear. Damn this is hard, it was already bad to begin with, but now the projectiles are sent at you from different places all at the same time. You try to dodge them the best you can but eventually get hit by the purple arrow-thingies.

This third hit did it. You’re not hurt or injured, but you can’t keep up anymore. You fall over and hit your forehead against the stone path leading to the shrine. You roll on your right and look at the Youkai; did you even ever ask her name? She stopped firing and is flying toward you with a worried expression. She’s saying something, but you can’t hear anything as your consciousness escape this world to return into the real one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF DREAM SEQUENCE

END OF DAY -1

I got to congratulate you on this one Anon. You were pretty much screwed and only one option was safe. If you had tried anything slightly different you were good for some atrocious mindfuck. Had you chosen to follow with the first write-in, Mystia would have got pissed at you completely overdoing your act and similar stuff if you did less than what you did.
>> No. 10228
New thread being started soon?
>> No. 10229
>If you had tried anything slightly different you were good for some atrocious mindfuck.

What?

Now I want to see the mindfuck.

Also, are we in for another visit by the German Mafia?
>> No. 10235
>Now I want to see the mindfuck.

You'll get another chance next playthrough. I won't add it as an extra because it contains clues for later in the story.

>Also, are we in for another visit by the German Mafia?

If you play your cards right.


Also, new thread up
>> No. 10236
Aww, I'm gonna miss Suika and Reimu.
>> No. 10239
>>You know, there's nothing wrong with just coming right out and saying "you are so totally screwed."
>>Screwed? Maybe, Maybe not. I honestly don't know~

>>You were pretty much screwed

I fucking KNEW it!
>> No. 10241
>>10239

BUT you managed to get away with it

And you'll see in the next thread it awarded y'all an extra. (Really it's just because that unexpected twist of event got me bad ideas~)