[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121874258023.jpg - (32.91KB , 286x274 , epx1.jpg ) [iqdb]
9022 No. 9022
[x] Continue the small talk

There's no need to spoil the mood, so you continue to engage in small talk with Eirin. You tell her a bit about your teaching job. She listens to you and asks you appropriate questions. Well, she's a pretty good conversationalist. It's a bit of a surprise that she would be interested in boring things like your classes and your students. But she listens eagerly and the two of you enjoy your time together. At least that's how you feel.

Eirin shows you a bit of the relaxed and easygoing side that you've seen her use with Kaguya. It wouldn't be completely out of place to imagine the two of you sitting in a pub somewhere chatting as old friends would over a pint of ale. In reality, you're taking it very easy with her. She's taken off her usual hat and she even looks like a completely different person.

The conversation shifts to a couple of other inane topics. Stuff like if you like the clothes you're wearing, Eirin's favorite type of pen, and she even mentions at one point how she's got a well-developed sweet tooth. Apparently she really likes the chocolate from the outside world. Funny that. Her eyes seem to almost glitter as she mentions how her favorite kind are some sort of milk chocolate kind that come filled with some sort of paste. Apparently someone from the outside brought them once. The person returned to the outside but left behind the chocolates. Eirin claims that she gave it her all to secure them. Seeing the way she fondly recalls them, you don't doubt her sincerity. Her candor is astounding.

Ultimately this ends with Eirin making you (half-jokingly) promise that if you ever get chocolates to share with her. You, of course, agree. A few delicious pieces of cocoa-based delicacies don't really matter to you much. If you can make other people happy then it's fine to share. The conversation naturally winds down. The tea is also finished. There's a short sporadic outburst of random thoughts. But eventually things end. A mutual disengagement by both parties. Eirin says that she's going to finish some work and then go to sleep and you have some things in mind as well.

Mainly going to talk with Reisen. You need to ask her out for tomorrow. It's late. But not too late. She should still be awake at this hour. Probably in her room since the kitchen is empty. And well, you don't think that she's outside either. You walk towards her room. The corridors are as desolate as ever. Would it kill these people to install a couple of lights? At times this place looks like an abandoned inn or even the setting to a Case Closed episode.

You hope that you're not bothering her right now. You stop in front of her door. You see a light coming from the inside so you knock. A voice from inside tells you to “wait just a minute” so you stay put. After a few moments the door slides open, revealing Reisen dressed in loose sleeping clothes.

“Oh, I'm sorry. I hope I didn't disturb you.” You say upon taking a glance at her attire.
“You didn't. I was just sorting out a couple of things in my room.”
“Ah. Can I talk to you for a second?”
“Sure, come on in.” There's no hesitation to her invitation.

You were worried there for a bit. You thought that maybe Reisen still was holding a grudge over certain past events. It looks like she was rearranging a stack of sewing equipment. You take note of all of the different cases and supplies as you sit down on a small cushion. Reisen sits down as well.

“So what brings you here?” She asks.
“Well, there's something I want to ask you. About tomorrow.” And now to make your move. “I have a day off tomorrow, and I got thinking. Well, it seemed like a good idea. So I decided that I'd follow through on it. So I went ahead and scouted a location and thought up plans and everything.” You're babbling. Time to get to the bottom line. “So anyways, I was wondering, would you like to come on a picnic with me tomorrow?” You put on your best smile to close the deal.
“Wha-? A picnic? Tomorrow?” Reisen seems to be a bit surprised at your invitation. Well, it is sort of out of the blue.
“That's right. I'll make us lunch and we'll enjoy ourselves outdoors for a couple of hours. What do you say? I'm making the food and everything.”

Reisen seems to think about it for a bit. She places a finger on her chin and her ears twitch ever so slightly. She might need another small push here.

“C'mon, it'll be fun. It's a great way to relax. Take a break from it all! Clear skies, nice food, what is there not to like? It's a great deal!” You say with your best car salesman voice.
“Well... it does sound nice, I'll admit.” Reisen concedes to your point. And then she adds that dreaded word. “But...” She says, making your heart skip a beat. “I can't just leave things and go.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, I have things to do. Every day. If I don't do them no one will. And they take up most of the day. No one helps around with this sort of thing either.”
“Can't you get some of the rabbits to cover for you?” You helpfully suggest.
“Oh, they'd never do.” She seems to get a bit worked up. “Always slacking off, avoiding all work. Even if they promised to help out, they'd probably end up causing a mess in the kitchen and doing a horrible job with the laundry. No help at all.”
“...”

You try to think of a solution. You're not going to be deterred by this. She seems predisposed to agreeing. You had forgotten that Reisen is usually busy every day with either housework or running errands for Eirin. This isn't that unexpected, come to think of it. You're almost about to try puppy eyes to see if that works. And then it hits you.

“Say, what if I helped you out in the morning?” It's an option alright. And exhausting option, but if it means freeing her up...
“That- that might just work.” She says. “But are you sure that you'd be up to doing all of the boring things that I do?”
“Yeah, no sweat. I'll help you out and you'll be free by midday. Then we can go together. That sound good?”
“Well, I'd have to ask my master if she needs anything as well. But barring that, I don't see any problems.”
“Alright then. We're golden.” You get up. “I'll be here in the morning to help you out. The two of us will do everything in no time.” You flash her a confident smile and a wink. You're hope that she buys into your whole confidence act.

You bid her good night and take your leave. As you walk down the hallway you can't help but mentally pat your own shoulder. That went well. Oh sure, you'll have to wake up at the crack of dawn in order to prepare food and help her out. But it's worth it. Probably.

>> No. 9024
With that thought in mind, you retire to your own quarters. Time for sleep. You'll have a long day ahead of you. You set your PDA to wake you up really early and crawl into bed. Sleep comes easy. How easy it comes is surprising, considering how worked up you are about tomorrow. This is your final thought for the day.

You're rudely awakened by the alarm early next morning. Well, you can't quite call it morning yet. There's barely any illumination. You've gotten up at an hour that even the roosters would feel shy about crowing at. But that doesn't matter. You're a man on a mission. You get up, shut that damn racket up, and shift into gear. There's the obvious daily routine that you execute without fail. Going to the bathroom, getting dressed, all of that.

After you're ready you head out to the kitchen. This is the first thing that you should do, and the most important. First up is finding a suitable container for it all. Luckily for you, you find a good replacement for a traditional picnic basket almost right away. It's large, a bit bulky, and heavy. A round solid-wood basket with a small lid. You have no idea what it's regularly used for. But you found it in a cupboard with other kitchen stuff, so you assume that it's meant to hold food. It's large enough to carry all of the different things you'll be taking.

You also grab a bunch of cloths and other smaller container. There's no tupperware so this sort of thing will have to do for housing the sandwiches and other food. There's a large flask that is reminiscent of a thermos, so you decide that that would be apt for transporting tea. You also make sure to take adequate utensils and other necessities. Well, you're covered. With the power of improvisation you've managed to get everything you need.

And now for the actual food. Drinks should be no problem. You cover that by boiling some water and making tea. You'll take some water with you as well just in case. There's a couple of other details and small things that you attend to. But the main issue still remains. What the composition of the main attraction will be. You're probably fine with anything, but there's another person's tastes to consider here.

[] Go with sandwiches
[] Sandwiches + small bento-style food as well
[] Primarily bento/packed lunches with rice and all the usual
[] Mutton, chicken wings, etc
-------
Next update either as soon as there are enough votes or whenever I can be roused from my slumber.
>> No. 9025
[X] Sandwiches + small bento-style food as well

A little from Column A, a little from Column B seems the way to go.
If Reisen winds up preferring one thing over another, we can trade her our share for whatever she doesn't like since we seem to be fine with just about anything.
>> No. 9026
[x] Sandwiches + small bento-style food as well
>> No. 9027
[x] Sandwiches + small bento-style food as well
>> No. 9029
[x] Sandwiches + small bento-style food as well
>> No. 9030
This is still running?

sage
>> No. 9031
File 121875127321.jpg - (86.35KB , 451x339 , 121745634347.jpg ) [iqdb]
9031
>>9030
>> No. 9032
[x] Sandwiches + small bento-style food as well

Nice wall you made there.
>> No. 9033
File 121876181616.jpg - (25.35KB , 300x300 , Rwa1.jpg ) [iqdb]
9033
[x] Sandwiches + small bento-style food as well

A little bit of diversity seems to be the way to go. Never mind all of the extra work involved. You make a couple of dishes now using some ready-made rice found in the fridge. Cooking some more rice isn't necessary and would consume precious time. A few other simple dishes also prove easy to make. Mostly the side dishes like fried sausage, eggs, and other things that go well with the rice. It doesn't take you that long since they only require one or two steps to make and you carefully maximize your time.

There's something critical needed for this plan if it's going to work. And that's fresh bread. You had foreseen this and had counted on your next move all along. A quick run down to the village for some freshly baked bread. You leave you're partially completed picnic in the kitchen and head on out to the village. Nothing like a bakery to be consistently the first shop open in any settlement anywhere. Even though there's almost no one up at this early hour, you see a bit of smoke coming from the bakery and smell a delicious scent. Stepping inside, you're confronted with loads of fresh bread. Already the scar-faced baker has finished making a few batches of bread and is in the process of bringing in oven-fresh goodness out to the front of the store.

Since you're a man running against the clock you get down immediately to business. You secure appropriate amounts of bread and are on your way. The scar-faced man was too busy to chitchat anyways so that helped you keep focused.

Back at Eientei, you start to make the sandwiches. There's plenty of varieties that you can make. Cold cuts, vegetable-centric sandwiches, you experiment and create a lot. There's something for every taste here. Essentially finishing with your task, you pack them all in wrappings and containers and place them inside of the basket. You take the basket to your room, where it'll hopefully be safe.

Now for phase two.

You swing by Reisen's room. You knock and are received by a fully-dressed yet sleepy looking Reisen.

“Good morning! Ready to do some work?” This is how you greet her.
“I guess. Let's go.” She says, barely suppressing a yawn.

You're worried for a moment that she might be too sleepy to be able to work. But as soon as you reach your first task, making breakfast, your fears are dispelled. Reisen works quickly and dutifully. There's not much you can do to help her, save grab ingredients for her and occasionally chop up something. Regardless, you make good time with the first activity. She eats something and you take the chance to eat as well. Then she sets up the table on the main dinning room for “anyone who is hungry” and concludes this task.

Next up would be assorted cleaning tasks. You split up with her, carrying a broom, and sweep the courtyard as she works on some rooms inside. It's boring work, but it's over soon enough.

After that, there comes the laundry. The sun is out already and it's a perfect time to wash clothes and collect the clothes that have been drying. You mostly help with the latter. Reisen skillfully processes a queue of clothes and there's not much you can do since there's only one washing apparatus. Trying to use time wisely, you hang up the wet clothes on a clothesline as they are done.

This sort of thing takes up the better part of the morning. You don't stop to take a break. In between washing, cleaning, miscellaneous ordeals like fixing up the pantry, and others you're amazed that Reisen does all of this by herself. She has certain poise and grace that she maintains while working. It motivates you to do your best.

Eventually there comes a moment when Reisen announces that you've completed all that she had to do for most of the day. It's here that the moment of truth comes. She states that she needs to ask Eirin if she needs anything in particular from her today. Here's the real clincher. You nervously wait in the vicinity of the clinic. You know that this is a make-it-or-break-it moment. Reisen is likely to listen to whatever Eirin tells her to do. So you hope she doesn't get assigned to anything very difficult or anything.

After a few minutes Reisen comes back and speaks to you.

“So, how did it go?” You ask, trying to act casual.
“It went well. I don't have any extra obligations for today.”
“Really?! That's great. Now we can enjoy this without worries.”
“That's right. I thought she was going to give me work, but when I told her of my plans, she told me to just go out and enjoy myself.”
“Looks like we caught her in a good mood.”
“Oh, it's not that. I think that even if she wasn't in a good mood, my master would have just let me go. She's a good person.” There's a not-so-subtle hint of admiration in her voice.

Well whatever. Now it's just a matter of dealing with a few loose ends before heading out to eat. It's still a bit early and you've got an hour or two before it's even close to lunchtime. It looks like anything can be accomplished with the power of teamwork. Reisen says something about finishing a couple of things that only she can do and promises to meet up with you later. You would have stopped her, but she was gone in a flash. Whatever it was, it was important that she did it alone.

[] Kill some time in your room
[] Eirin is probably in a good mood; Go see her
[] Check out if Kaguya is awake yet
[] Meditation is the path to enlightenment – to the courtyard
---
Sorry about the previous choice. It was mostly meaningless. Mostly to buy me some time so I could rest for a bit.
>> No. 9034
[x] sage
>> No. 9035
[+] Eirin is probably in a good mood; Go see her
>> No. 9036
[x] Eirin is probably in a good mood; Go see her
>> No. 9038
[x] Eirin is probably in a good mood; Go see her
>> No. 9039
[x] Eirin is probably in a good mood; Go see her

Insane Shady Drug dispenser moe~
>> No. 9041
[] Meditation is the path to enlightenment – to the courtyard
>> No. 9042
[x] Eirin is probably in a good mood; Go see her

Just look at the time.
>> No. 9043
[x] Eirin is probably in a good mood; Go see her

Well it can't be a bad idea to go see Eirin now. By the sounds of it, she's in a good mood.

She's sitting by her desk, hands on the back of her head and slumping in her chair, when you knock and come in. She swivels when you enter, not removing her hands from their position. She does look laid-back to your eyes. She still has that usual unreadable expressing, only this time there's a minute hint of a smile behind it.

“Well, well, Shirou. I was just thinking about you.” The doctor tells you.
“Really? I hope it was something nice about me.” You say, probing to see if she really is in a good mood. All that you can tell thus far that she's not in that weird mood she was that one time. When she was really “happy”.
“Hmm. I suppose one could describe these thoughts as pleasant.”
“I'm glad then.”You let out an exaggerated 'phew'. At best she seems a bit warmer than usual, not exactly as she was last night.
“I heard that you were helping out Undonge. Doing the chores.” She removes one of her hands from her head and reaches for a mug. She sips at the contents without bothering to sit back up.
“That's right. Is there any problem with that?” You try to deflect any further questioning by posing your own question.
“Oh no. Not at all.” Eirin sits back up and places the mug back on her desk. The hand that was on her head now moves downwards, following her long hair to about its midway point. “I just found it interesting that anyone would bother to help her out.” She smiles at you. “But then again, if we were to look at past interactions with you, you've proven more than willing to step in for others. Quite the noble gesture.”
“Thank you.” You hesitate for a moment because her wording could sound sarcastic. But her voice didn't indicate any such intent.
“Well, people will surprise others at times. It's inevitable. Mostly because we always retain the capacity to surprise ourselves.”
“Is there anything that you've done lately that's surprised you?” You ask, curiosity piqued.
“Hah.” Eirin emits a small laugh. “As a matter of fact, yes. Very recently as well. One would think that after this many years of life I'd understand myself. Especially since I approach everything with analytical rigor.”

You feel that her omission of the example means that she's not really willing to discuss it in detail. Well, you don't really have that much time before she steers the conversation topic in her own direction.

“Take a look at this.” Eirin gets up and indicates a small rack with test tubes off to the side of the room. You come closer and see a few vials with different-colored liquids.
“A part of an ongoing experiment?”
“Not quite. They're all different compounds that I developed a while back. For different reasons.”
“And then what's so special about them?”
“Frankly, not much. They're mostly for treating minor ailments and to be mixed with other compounds. But I wanted to indicate how something so innocuous and small in quantity could make a difference. They're capable of relieving distress and assuaging pain. It's quite amazing when you stop to think about it, isn't it? Something as seemingly random and inconspicuous like this.”
“Yeah, it is amazing.” You answer. It's a bit strange to see her make such a big deal about this. After all, she could probably create something akin to an elixir of life. Is this part of her good mood?

Eirin picks up a vial with a red fluid.

“I believe this one should be familiar to you. It's the basis for an improved version of that drug that I gave you. The one you tried out that one time.” She adopts a more clinical voice. “According to my projections this should be 12% more efficient and be absorbed at a higher rate by the body. It might also allow for the user to have greater control over his actions.”
“Fascinating.” Having been a pupil of hers, you can't help but crunch numbers and try to figure out what she did to it.

Eirin is more than happy to explain. She mentions a lot of the differences in the mixture process, including different levels of compounds. You think you more or less understand how it works now. The genius of this drug is that it manages to make the subject go into a state of increased physical activity while stimulating the release of energy to your muscles. Even more amazing still is the fact that it somehow manages to restore hormone levels to their normal state when the effect wears off. Effectively this causes it to minimize the risk of causing hormonal imbalance and other associated ailments in the body of the subject. You see that this is a well thought-out process and not just a random mishmash of chemicals.

The two of you sit down and continue to talk for a bit more. It's initially about the contents of the vials. You learn their purpose and Eirin freely shares the design concept behind them. The more she tells you, the bigger a genius you think that she is. While you could probably make them as well, you find it amazing how she thinks of the concept beforehand and carefully uses just the right components. She takes the science of making synthetic drugs into a whole new level and almost elevates it to an art form. There's a lot that you want to ask her, but you notice that it's almost time to go out with Reisen.

[] Inquire about and show her that bottle that you've been carrying around
[] Ask her if she's any closer to developing a vaccine for the rabbits
[] Tell her that you need more of those pills she gave you the other day
[] Ask for a quick check-up
[] It's okay, you'll talk to her later
>> No. 9044
[x] sage
>> No. 9045
[X] Inquire about and show her that bottle that you've been carrying around

She's probably the only one who could identify it for us, though I'm always a little wary of showing anyone anything.

It doesn't always end well, you know.
>> No. 9046
[x] Inquire about and show her that bottle that you've been carrying around
>> No. 9047
[x] Inquire about and show her that bottle that you've been carrying around
>> No. 9048
This is still going on?

Cool.
>> No. 9052
>>9048

Oh, hey YAF.

[x] Ask her if she's any closer to developing a vaccine for the rabbits
>> No. 9053
[x] Inquire about and show her that bottle that you've been carrying around
[x] Tell her that you need more of those pills she gave you the other day

Because tripping balls while picnicking with the lunatic rabbit would be totally awesome. Reisen is the best trip sitter.
>> No. 9055
>>9048
Still mad that this here gets more votes than TS?

[x] Inquire about and show her that bottle that you've been carrying around
>> No. 9058
>>9055

They both continue due to votespam.

And they both suck.
>> No. 9059
>>9058
Ehh... Teruyo's better at writing than YAF, but his plot is scattered all over the place and after the first thread fiasco he doesn't have the balls to keep us on target.

Also, Teruyo's readers are even stupider than YAF's, if that's possible, 90% of the time.
>> No. 9060
>>9058
Please go away. I don't really care if you believe this story sucks, or that it only continues because of votespam or whatever. If it makes you sleep well at night, then believe what you will. Hell, I don't even mind the sage (because guess what? It does nothing except not bump the topic, which on a slow board is worthless). I'm asking you nicely to buzz off. I don't use my tripcode outside of my own topics nor do I advertise/spam/whatever else. So go troll elsewhere. Or hell, if you want to have a powerlevel/circlejerk/rating thread elsewhere (say /th/) go ahead. Just keep out of my little corner.

If you do have constructive criticism then I welcome it. As I always have and always will. If there's any way I can improve and you think that you can help me with it, then go ahead and tell me. As long as it's not 'U suck lol'. That doesn't get anything accomplished. Also I don't hate nor endorse any off-topic criticisms of any other writers/posters on this imageboard.

tl;dr I'm not going away and let's not degenerate to the level of 'why does your story suck?' 'you suck'.

Oh and I'm writing now.
>> No. 9061
>>9060

U suck lol
>> No. 9062
>>9061
lol ur mom sucks
>> No. 9063
>>9060
Nicely done. I'd vote, but you're writing anyway.
>> No. 9064
U suck lol

Constructive criticism (aimed more towards anon than writefag) : FUCKING CHOOSE A TARGET AND STAY ON IT. FUCK.
>> No. 9065
>>9064
I think many of us have. Just not the same target.

It's hard to keep the car on the road when you have several different people each wanting to go a different way and all fighting for the wheel.
>> No. 9066
>>9064

But Alice is the target, so yeah!
>> No. 9067
File 121882682981.jpg - (134.90KB , 650x843 , Alice26.jpg ) [iqdb]
9067
>>9066
Seconded. This is an Alice route.
>> No. 9068
[x] Inquire about and show her that bottle that you've been carrying around

This is a good opportunity to finally clear up this mystery.

“I've been carrying around a bottle for a while now.” You say. “I have no idea what the contents are. Do you think you can help me identify it?”
“Why sure. It's no problem.”

You produce the bottle from amongst your inventory.

“This is it” You hand it over to Eirin.
“This...” Eirin seems to be a bit surprised at seeing the bottle. “How long have you had this for?” She eyes the bottle, checking to see if it's still full.
“Quite some time. I found it pretty early on during my stay here. What is it?”
“Well, it's something of a failed experiment if you must know.” You don't detect any open hostility from her but that may be because she's still surprised. “It's highly volatile and dangerous. I thought I had it under lock somewhere.”
“I... didn't know. It seemed harmless enough when I found it. I didn't see any warning labels on it either.”
“You're lucky. If you had opened it, the fumes might have killed you.”
“That bad?”
“The reason the bottle has almost no markings is because it was supposed to be destroyed eventually. I had it locked in one of my storage chambers under tight security. I don't know how it got out of there or why you felt it was okay to carry it around, but I'm just glad that I have it once again.” Eirin's eyes betray her feelings. You see a spark of self-satisfaction gleaming.
“What was this drug's purpose in the first place?”
“It was a supplement to boost regeneration if you must know. However, results were less than ideal. It caused violent seizures and permanent damage in the test subjects.”
“Test subjects? You used it on the rabbits?”
“Oh no, not at all. I used it on individuals who were critically wounded and wouldn't make it under normal circumstances. Nothing that nefarious.” There's a sly smile on the doctor's face.

Well, testing an unknown drug on a dying patient might be practical but it's still a grey-area as far as ethics goes.

“It was a complete failure. And so I placed all of the remaining sample into this bottle and sealed it away.” Eirin places the bottle inside of her desk. “It's a good thing that I got it back before it hurt anyone.”

Given her explanation, you can't really ask for the bottle back. There's something about this that doesn't sit right with you. But that just might be your ego hurt because you had failed to identify the contents.

“Don't look so depressed.” Eirin tells you with a smile. “You couldn't have known that the contents were dangerous. It was an honest mistake and I'm not that bothered about it.”

There's more that you could ask her, but you shouldn't delay. You look at the time and excuse yourself. Eirin tells you to “have fun” and waves goodbye at you. No time to analyze the meaning of that.

You swing by your room. You get the basket and head out to the main entrance. There, you wait patiently for Reisen to come. You don't wait long; You wait for less than five minutes before she shows. Reisen has changed. The most obvious change is the fact that she's now wearing a hat. It's a simple sun hat. Curiously enough, her ears also seem to be tucked into the hat and they don't stick out. Besides that it's something similar to her normal wear. A comfortable-looking shirt and a skirt. Sans blazer.

“Ready to go?” You ask her.
“Yes. I've taken care of everything.”

And with that the two of you leave Eientei. You walk at a relaxed pace. The basket feels heavy, but you think that you'll manage. The walk through the bamboo forest is silent. It's only when you clear it and start to deviate from the path to the village that Reisen speaks up.

“So, where are we going?”
“We're going to a wooded spot near Youkai Mountain. It should be nice and fresh there. That's okay with you, right?” You ask.
“Oh that's fine with me. I was just curious.”

On your way to the picnic spot the two of you talk about simple things. Like the weather and the plant life. At first Reisen dawdles along, always a couple of steps behind you, but as you near the spot she closes in. By the time that you finally get to the picnic spot the two of you are animatedly chatting.
>> No. 9069
You choose to set up at a small clearing. There's a good mix of sunlight and shade here. This part of Gensokyo is elevated and from amongst the trees you can see that a lot of Gensokyo is perhaps ten or so meters below you, including the lake.

“Well, this is a good spot isn't it?” You say to yourself. “It's nice and fresh. Perfect for a picnic.” You place the basket down. “I hope you're hungry, because I made a lot.”

Reisen sits down on under a nearby tree. She takes off her hat, liberating her ears from confinement. They pop up like two springs. You open the basket and spread out a small table cloth on the ground. You take out several items and place them on the cloth. You sit down opposite her.

“That is a lot.” Reisen comments. “And it looks really good as well.”
“Why thank you, please go ahead and try something.”

Reisen grabs a sandwich. You watch as she grasps the sandwich with care and takes a small nibble. You anxiously wait for her verdict.

“Wow, this is really good.” Reisen says, taking a larger bite this time.
“I'm glad you like it.” You say as you grab a sandwich of your own. It tastes good to you as well. But then again, you're biased because it's your cooking.
“To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to taste very good. Sorry. I guess I expected you to be bad at cooking. You kept making those cup noodles so I just assumed.”
“That's hurtful, you know.” You joke. “It's rude to assume that someone isn't good at something just because of his preferences.”

You pour some tea for the both of you.

“Make sure to try these bento as well. I wasn't sure if you liked sandwiches so I made these as well.”
“Eh~ you made boxed lunch as well?” Reisen opens one of the small containers. “It looks just as good as the sandwiches too. I'm starting to suspect that you might be a better cook than I am.”
“I don't know about that. Every time I have dinner prepared by you I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.” You say, not in the least exaggerating.
“Well it's nice to hear that from someone.” Reisen giggles. “Usually the others don't even bother with giving me their impressions. All they care about is filling their stomachs.”

It's an enjoyable meal. You're out of the sun and the food is good. You definitely made too much food and despite your bravest efforts there's still quite a bit left over. You lie back on the ground in defeat. Reisen puts away most of the remaining food and then leans back on a tree. This after meal moment is nice and soothing. While not as nice as Marisa's spot, this place should be fine for a nap as well.

But before you can even close your eyes, Reisen strikes up a new conversation.

“Have you been planning this for a long time?” She asks.
“What? The picnic?”
“Yes.”
“Nope, it just occurred to me yesterday. Why?”
“Well,” She says in a soft voice. “It's just that it seems well thought-out.”
“That's just a lucky break for me.”
“I was also surprised by how master just let me go. That's why I was asking. Normally she'd have me help her out with something in the clinic around this hour.”
“Maybe she thought you needed a break? I didn't speak to her about it, if that's what you're asking.”
“That might be it.” She says with a conformed voice. “It is nice to be able to relax like this once in a while. I have to thank you for inviting me.”
“It was nothing.”
“It is something. I don't want to sound too presumptuous here, please excuse me if I'm being too blunt, but I would have imagined that for something like this you would have preferred to ask someone else. Like the princess. She's your close friend after all.”
“Was there something wrong with asking you?”
“Ah, no that's not it. Like I said I appreciate it. I'm sorry, I'm just saying something silly.”

You lift your head up to look at her. She's looking towards the ground, twiddling her fingers.

[] Lie back and maybe take a short nap
[] Ask Reisen what she thinks of Eirin
[] Try to change the topic to the mysterious illness that's been going around
[] Offer to help her out more with her chores in the future
-----
Sorry for taking a while. I wasn't very happy with the previous scene. But I ultimately said 'fuck it' and decided to go along with it anyways. That and other external factors.
>> No. 9070
[x] Ask Reisen what she thinks of Eirin
Punishment time~
>> No. 9071
[x] Try to change the topic to the mysterious illness that's been going around
>> No. 9072
[x] Try to change the topic to the mysterious illness that's been going around
>> No. 9074
[] Declare your undying love for Reisen....Again....

But seriously

[X] Ask Reisen what she thinks of Eirin
>> No. 9075
>>9052 >>9055
Actually no, I'm not YAF.
>> No. 9076
[x] Undying love, declare again, attempt to sex, etc.
>> No. 9077
Talking about the illness would just depress her and ruin the mood, and staying silent right now doesn't seem right, so:

[X] Ask Reisen what she thinks of Eirin
>> No. 9078
>>9076
Quiet, you. Reisen is love, but schizophrenic Shirou is made of BAD END and DO NOT WANT.
>> No. 9079
[x] Thank her for everything she's done, show your appreciation.
Especially for the time we were near-comatose from pain and she sang to us. Did we ever say anything about that? Also making us clothes, saving us from choking that one time... Don't mention us borrowing her clothes, but definitely apologize if she brings it up.

And don't go too far with it, Alice is still the target. We need Reisen as a close friend and ally. Follow up with:
[x] Try to change the topic to the mysterious illness that's been going around
>> No. 9080
I feel compelled to take a nap, lest I go insane. So don't expect an update until a few more hours' time. So keep on voting until then.
>> No. 9081
[x] Try to change the topic to the mysterious illness that's been going around
>> No. 9082
[x] Offer to help her out more with her chores in the future.
>> No. 9083
[x] Thank her for everything she's done, show your appreciation.
[x] Try to change the topic to the mysterious illness that's been going around
>> No. 9085
[X] Thank her for everything she's done, show your appreciation.

DO IT FAGS
>> No. 9086
[X] Thank her for everything she's done, show your appreciation.
>> No. 9087
[x] Thank her for everything she's done, show your appreciation.

Especially for, you know, being the one resident in the household who isn't in the process of fucking us over.
>> No. 9089
[x] Ask Reisen what she thinks of Eirin
[x] Try to change the topic to the mysterious illness that's been going around

Do NOT want Reisen Route, we need to lock into the Kaguya route, stay on target fags.
>> No. 9090
>>9089
>Do NOT want Reisen Route, we need to lock into the Kaguya route, stay on target fags.

Way too late for that, nigger. Way too late.
>> No. 9092
[x] Thank her for everything she's done, show your appreciation.

REISEN/
>> No. 9093
>>stay on target fags
our target is alice in this playthrough

but yeah, leave reisen route for some next time, after joining kaguya and her evil schemes or becoming a mad scientist and joining up with eirin, then plunging the whole gensokyo into darkness and despair with a newly developed virus/drug that forces absolute obedience on everyone

still, kind of curious, so
[ತ_ತ] Ask Reisen what she thinks of Eirin

a few affection points shouldn't hurt us hopefully, since so far we've been fucking up our chances with reisen the most out of the cast.
>> No. 9094
>>9093
At least we know that Madagascar won't be affected.
>> No. 9095
[Bunny Moe~] Thank her for everything she's done, show your appreciation.

Seriously guys.
>> No. 9096
>>9089>>9092>>9093
Idiots, read the original write-in post. >>9079

This isn't meant to aim for Reisen route, it's to be a better friend to her and strengthen the bond between us, because
1. She deserves it.
2. We need her on our side, against the conspiracy.

We can get someone to like us more without having to marry them, for fuck's sake. This was the whole point of taking her out for a picnic in the first place.
>> No. 9106
This seems like a good a time as any to express your appreciation for her. She's helped you out a lot. You place your hands on the back of your head and casually begin to tell her how you feel.

“I should thank you for a lot of things.” You say. Reisen remains silent so you just continue. “Since day one you've helped me out with things. Not just by cooking and doing the daily chores. But by making clothes, saving me from choking, comforting me during painful moments. The list just goes on and on. It's been wild and I've got to thank you for all of that. I really appreciate it.”

You wait silently for Reisen's answer. However, when it comes, it surprises you.

“So what's your angle?” Reisen asks.
“Angle? What do you mean”
“You're being nice to me all of a sudden. I apologize if this isn't the case, but I've dealt with this kind of situation in the past. Quite often.”
“Huh?” She's lost you. You lift your upper body to look at her. She's still looking towards the ground.
“Whenever Tewi does something really bad or wants something she gets like this. Thanking me for things, even trying to bribe me with gifts. Your behavior is exactly the same as hers.”
“That's not the case here. I swear. I'm just expressing my gratitude.”
“I know people take advantage of me at times, but I let it go because that way everyone can be happy. I can still tell when things are fishy.”
“Look, really, it isn't like that.” You sit up and try to look Reisen in the eyes. “Sure, I've screwed up in the past. I'm sure that I've ticked you off. And I'm sorry. But there's nothing more to this.”
“Well...” Reisen finally looks up. Her eyes meet yours. “If you say there's nothing else to this, then I'll believe you. I have no choice. But it still seems strange to me. This whole situation. The food, the day off, everything. I can't help but feel that you're toying with me. Be honest. Are you helping Tewi pull a prank on me? Something like that time you slept in my bed? I didn't mind it much then, and to be truthful I even forgave you for going through my things. But I'll be very upset with you if you think that you can mess around with me like this. You may be a guest, but that doesn't mean that you can toy around with other people.”

There's a general lack of coherence and confidence in her voice. As you look at her, you can't help but feel a bit sorry for her. She looks like, well, a skittish bunny. If you made a sudden movement you think that she might bolt.

“I'm telling you, it's nothing of the sort.” You try to calm her down. “I'm sorry that I may have messed up in the past. And I'm sorry if you think that this is a prank. But I swear that it's not.” You can see that she doesn't completely buy your story.
“You're a strange person.” She tells you. “Perhaps too strange for me. I don't know what to believe. However, I don't see the benefit in doubting you. So I'll trust that your words are true. And I'll apologize. I'll assume that your gratitude is sincere.”

After this exchange, things get a bit awkward between the two of you. She claims that she believes you but, nonetheless, you find yourself wondering if that's really the case.

There's a silence as you lie back down. She also leans back and seems to unfocused from the real world. Just like that you spend the next half hour doing nothing. The shade feels nice and you hear the sound of birds chirping nearby. It makes you forget about the uneasiness you were feeling just now. You're confident that Reisen feels the same way. When you look at her she's got a smirk on her face. She seems to be looking at a small bird that's flying near the treetops.

[] Remain silent for a while longer
[] Suggest that you head back to Eientei
[] Tell Reisen that you think that you might be involved in some sort of sinister plot
[] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately
----
My lateness most definitely has nothing to do with me spending most of the day playing SA.
>> No. 9107
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately

>My lateness most definitely has nothing to do with me spending most of the day playing SA.

NUKE LOLI HOLY ZUN!
>> No. 9108
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately
>> No. 9109
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately
>> No. 9110
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately
>> No. 9112
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately
>> No. 9113
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately
>> No. 9114
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately
>> No. 9118
So, we just barely got over reassuring her that we're not using her/we're not playing an angle, only to go ahead and do just that.
>> No. 9119
>>9118
Being concerned about the state of the household isn't nearly the same as bribing her or playing a prank. It's just a topic of conversation, one we could've had without the picnic.

Of course, that's assuming Teruyo doesn't pull one of his sudden personality shifts and suddenly Reisen is bipolar and paranoid and goes OH SO THAT'S WHAT THIS WAS ABOUT if we try to talk about anything. Or Shirou is too much of a goddamn oaf to even bring it up without doing something offensive.
>> No. 9120
[x] Remain silent for a while longer

Don't kill the mood you faggots.
>> No. 9122
[X] Remain silent for a while longer
>> No. 9123
>When you look at her she's got a smirk on her face. She seems to be looking at a small bird that's flying near the treetops.

Hello Aya.
>> No. 9125
>>9119

>Of course, that's assuming Teruyo doesn't pull one of his sudden personality shifts and suddenly Reisen is bipolar and paranoid and goes OH SO THAT'S WHAT THIS WAS ABOUT if we try to talk about anything.

>assuming Teruyo doesn't [fuck us over]

>Teruyo

You should be able to solve this.
>> No. 9126
Don't worry, if Reisen does suddenly shift in personality, it's only because she caught Eientei Syndrome like the other bunnies, and will eventually try to kill us by trying to ram a giant suppository up our ass.
>> No. 9127
>>9126

Stop that, you just attract a SCORN/. Who will then write some horrible abomination.
>> No. 9128
>>9127

Go fuck yourself. Scorn is awesome.
>> No. 9129
>>9126

Sounding a bit /d/, there.
>> No. 9130
>>9127
Would you rather she kill us by bashing our head in with the giant suppository? Because she could do that instead, I'm sure.
>> No. 9139
>>9126
Has this turned into Higurashi now?
>> No. 9140
File 121908972439.jpg - (79.60KB , 315x480 , 12129351455.jpg ) [iqdb]
9140
>>9128


Failed to see the troll.
>> No. 9160
Updates?
>> No. 9171
File 121911566460.jpg - (171.39KB , 1920x1200 , kaguyal2.jpg ) [iqdb]
9171
I've been reeling from the aftermath of comiket. And I guess what one could call writer's block. I can't seem to write as I want. So no update for now. However I'll give you guys an extra option to vote for so that I include it in a future update.

Choices that don't affect the plot much but might be enjoyable (choose one):

[] A heart-to-heart with the Booze God
[] A really pleasant dream
[] More cheese-tastic games of pretend with Albion
[] Getting a really unexpected gift

Also I give you some Kaguya as a form of appeasement. I'll definitely write a lot in a couple of hours.
>> No. 9172
>>9171
[x] Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9173
[x] A really pleasant dream, involving hair. And using it.
>> No. 9174
[x] A heart-to-heart with the Booze God
>> No. 9175
[X] Getting a really unexpected gift

If previous examples are any indication, I think I can live without whatever dream we would get, no matter how "pleasant" it might be.
Gifts, on the other hand, have gone either way with us. Be it the botched handjob from Eirin, the far more successful blowjob from Aya, or even that little key the bunny gave us that we have no clue what it goes to.

That heart-to-heart might be nice, though. Our Lord has yet to do us wrong. ...even if he does get a little bitchy and needy at times.
>> No. 9176
[+] A heart-to-heart with the Booze God
>> No. 9177
[x] A really pleasant dream, involving hair. And using it.

KAGUYA
>> No. 9178
[X] Remain silent for a while longer
>> No. 9179
{X} Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9180
[] A heart-to-heart with the Booze God
>> No. 9181
[X] Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9182
[X] Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9183
[X] Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9184
[X] Aya's Fantasies.
Indeed.
You kept us waiting long enough.
>> No. 9185
File 121913276557.jpg - (281.07KB , 877x750 , 1204519299970.jpg ) [iqdb]
9185
[x] Getting a really unexpected gift

I really don't expect this gift! THEREFORE IT MUST BE THE GIFT
>> No. 9186
[X] Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9187
[x] Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9188
The couple of hours turned into 7 min.
GET BACK TO WORK NIGGER

Deliver delicious Aya.
>> No. 9190
[x] Aya's Fantasies.
It's like saying Hello in Gensokyo.
>> No. 9195
File 121915189134.jpg - (119.46KB , 500x357 , 7ef4180b671dd9e5f3dbfea0cb342ce3.jpg ) [iqdb]
9195
[X] Kaguya's Fantasies
>> No. 9199
[x] Aya's Fantasies.
>> No. 9200
File 121915492315.jpg - (245.95KB , 600x800 , 1199002102673.jpg ) [iqdb]
9200
[x] Kourin's Fantasies.
>> No. 9202
[x] The Tavernmaster's Fantasies
>> No. 9205
[x] Ask her if she's felt that anything has been out of place lately

The next few words out of your mouth are carefully chosen. You're careful to try not to antagonize Reisen further. Instead, you try to sound casual, collected, and most importantly, sincere. And you succeed. Or so you think. Reisen does answer your question without making much fuss. If you didn't know any better, you'd even say that her rapid change in mood is even a bit suspicious.

“Out of place?” Reisen asks as if she didn't understand your question. “Everything has been fine as far as I know. There's been some trouble with some sick rabbits, and Tewi was complaining about it, but I guess things like that happen at times. My master told me that there shouldn't be any problem in curing them.”

You ask her if she's sure. Your pretext is the harmony of Eientei.

“There really isn't anything. I'm usually too busy with work to notice anything anyways.” Reisen stares out at the horizon, seemingly avoiding looking at you. “I don't usually spend much time with anyone. Sometimes Tewi comes along and sometimes I have to assist in the clinic, but that's it.”

You see that you'll get nothing more from this line of inquiry. Reisen would likely know if anything was out of place since she gets around Eientei every day. So it's unlikely that she would miss anything. Come to think of it, you haven't seen anything alarming either. Things might be calmer than you think.

The rest of the picnic is tranquil. After a while of lying about, Reisen asks you if you can head back. The two of you put away everything and you once again grab the basket. It's lighter now. Reisen puts her hat back on, tucking her ears in first.

It's still not that late into the day. The sun is still shining brightly in the sky. You chat with Reisen on the way back. The talk is of plants by the side of the path, or the wildlife in general. You encounter a party of villagers as you near the Bamboo Forest. They're mostly middle-aged men who greet you familiarly. Not wanting to be rude, you greet them in kind. Have you seen those guys before? Maybe not, but you're probably identifiable by most villagers due to your affiliations and work.

“Shirou is pretty popular, isn't he?” Reisen jokes in an uncharacteristic move.
“Me? Nah. I don't even know why they bother to greet me. It's not like I have an important role in their lives.”
“Or so you think.” Reisen laughs a bit. The meaning of her words are lost on you.
“Well, you're pretty popular yourself.” You say, not wanting to be the butt of some unknown joke.
“Me?” Reisen points to herself.
“Yes, you. I bet every man in the village lines up to see you when they know you're doing a medicine run for Eirin.”
“Ahah.” Reisen emits a nervous laugh. “That's not true. They almost never see me. I make sure to get in, make the delivery, and get out.”
“See, there's the proof!” You teasingly say. “If you stuck around, god knows what would happen. There might be a riot!”

Well to be honest, you don't really think that a riot would erupt. After all, the men who wanted to buy that 'supplement' didn't seem to care for Reisen. But that's not the point. Reisen fidgets with her hat, as if a bit embarrassed. You look at her and give her a smile and a wink. She recoils and you laugh. The rest of the way back the two of you exchange a couple of lighthearted remarks and all previous restraint is forgotten. In the end it was a happy picnic.

Back at Eientei, you clean the dirty containers and utensils. Reisen goes to change. She wanted to help you, but you insisted that you do it alone. There are some leftovers which you refrigerate. The basket and (now) clean boxes and things you put into their respective cupboards and drawers. After you're done, you stop by the bathroom and then your room.

You're a bit tired. The sun shining on you during your walk was more than enough to drain a lot of your energy. It's the equivalent of a nice Sunday afternoon now. A bit boring, but relaxing. And there's a couple of things that make Sundays worthwhile...

[] A nice drink at your local friendly tavern
[] Spending time with your family (whomever you can find here)
[] Going to visit friends
[] Doing charity work at the local clinic
-----
As for the previous mini-vote, to quote a certain soup entrepreneur: "No soup for you!"

Talk about squandering a generous offer.
>> No. 9206
[] Going to visit friends
[] Moonwalk the entire trip
>> No. 9210
[x] Going to visit friends
>> No. 9213
[] Going to visit friends

Alice~
>> No. 9217
>>9205
[x] Aya's Fantasies.

Teruyo lied, Anon cried.
>> No. 9218
[X] Doing charity work at the local clinic
>> No. 9219
>>9205
But I like clam chowder.
>> No. 9220
File 121919338520.jpg - (12.25KB , 300x300 , 1005.jpg ) [iqdb]
9220
>>9219
>> No. 9221
[x] Doing charity work at the local clinic

If we're going to be boring, might as well be a benevolent kind of boring.
>> No. 9225
[x] Doing charity work at the local clinic

He is dead, Jim!
>> No. 9238
I know I've been AWOL for a while but I can't write if the votes are tied. So vote more people.
>> No. 9240
[x] Doing charity work at the local clinic
>> No. 9248
>>9238
Aya's Fantasies isn't tied.
>> No. 9252
[x] Going to visit friends
>> No. 9256
[x] Doing charity work at the local clinic
>> No. 9264
[x] Doing charity work at the local clinic

It's not much, but you're sure that any help at the clinic would be appreciated. Eirin doesn't hesitate to work you hard when you show up offering help. It's mostly menial labor. Carrying trays full of cotton swabs, checking the temperature of the incubator, and other boring things. This must be what Reisen does most of the time.

Forget intellectual discourse. Eirin treats you like a workhorse and keeps piling up activity after activity. Since you chose to do this out of the goodness of your heart you don't complain. You don't even have a volunteer's pin. That would be a nice touch. But really, it would be nice if Eirin would be a bit nicer when issuing out orders. She's gruff and succinct. There are no blood drives going on, nor are there any patients. So it's just boring filing duty and organization.

You find that you're doing jobs that not even a nurse would normally do. Cleaning off the dust from shelves and playing housekeeper for her. You almost draw the line at having to make her coffee, but she gives you a hearty 'thank you' and smiles in a way that makes confrontation difficult for you. That's not all, thanks to your help she closes up the clinic a bit earlier and invites you to share a drink with her. Feeling a bit tired, you don't see why not.

It's nothing grand. Eirin takes a bottle of sake from storage and invites you out to the porch. It's evening and the two of you don't really talk, instead enjoying the warm night silently. It's relaxing and you feel that you gain a little insight into Eirin's true character when you're alone like this. You can see the side of her that's normally obfuscated by work and other facts of life. The side that she normally only shows with Kaguya. It's a gentle, almost soothing side. It makes you feel safe. This despite the fact that you know her cold sarcastic side all too well.

The two of you have dinner together as well. No one else joins you, presumably Reisen is busy with something and god knows what Kaguya is doing. After dinner Eirin excuses her self, claiming to be tired. You're tired yourself so you take a nice warm bath before retiring to your room. You lazily slip into your bed and fall fast asleep.

The next day is unexceptional. You wake up early and get ready to go to school. You go through your daily routine and head on out. Keine greets you when you get there and asks if you had a nice day off. You reply affirmatively and collect the stuff that you left there the other day. Besides the normal niceties there's not much else that you talk about. That's because the schoolchildren file in and classes begin.

That day you're expected to teach a PE class. It tires you out but you manage to lead properly. In the afternoon when you get back to Eientei you seclude yourself in your room. First to do all the pertinent corrections and assessments related to the school and then to simply rest for a bit. Besides some normal interactions around dinnertime there's nothing exciting that goes on. Just another day like the rest of them.

And so it's like that for a while. You're too caught up with work and whole-heartedly giving it your all that you don't really spend much time doing anything else. It is nice however how Keine is treating you more like a peer and sometimes consulting you and asking for your opinion on school-related matters. Plus, it's become a common sight for the two of you to spend lunchtime discussing how to better reach the students. Not bad at all.

On the home front you see less and less of Kaguya. She's rarely in her room and almost never joins you for dinner anymore. The same goes for Reisen. Except it seems that she's just been busy with her work. Curiously enough, Eirin is the only one that seems to have more time on her hands. She surprises you by calling out of the blue and asking for your opinion on random experiments. It's obvious that she doesn't need help and is merely just feeling like chatting. You humor her and find yourself spending most of your free time talking to her. It's nice, easy talk. And you sometimes learn fragments about lunarian society through innocent talk. Hard to see how anyone would want to give up a place like that.

All is fun and well until a certain cloudy day. It looks like a great storm will be coming soon. You're teaching your last class of the day. You've had a bad feeling in your stomach from the start of the day. It doesn't help that you found a cryptic note written by Eirin telling you to stop by immediately after work at the clinic. It said nothing further. Something about it just does not sit right with you. If it's something so urgent, why not discuss it immediately or the night before? The clinic was closed in the morning and you couldn't afford to search for her at the time.

That's not all. You've noticed that Keine is in an abysmal mood as well. She barely gets through her classes, displaying almost no enthusiasm. She looks kind of distant and disconnected from reality. You can't really think of a reason for it. She was fine just yesterday. It worries you, but when you talk to her during breaks she just brushes off your inquiries. Another mystery that adds to your gloom and uneasiness. The day doesn't get any brighter either. By the time classes are over the foreboding clouds seem to become even heavier.

What finally makes you panic is when you step outside for a moment to see your students off. You look at the spot where Alice was a few days ago and it's as if a bomb just went off inside you. Upset stomach doesn't even begin to describe it. It's as if your internal organs were revolting against you. Hell, you're not one to usually believe in premonitions, but the way your body shakes can't be a coincidence. You haven't seen her since that day either. A fact which also disturbs you. You lean back on the wall. You get a grip on yourself. The school day is over. But for you, the day is only just about to begin.

Everything seems urgent and there's no way that you can be at two places at once. It looks like you'll have to prioritize. Rationalizing seems useless, you'll have to just follow your heart. A far off echo reminds you that it could start to rain at any moment

[] The note – rush to the clinic
[] Something is wrong with Keine; Escort her home and try to find out what it is
[] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now
----------
>>9248
That never was, nor ever will be, a valid vote for the main story. Seeing that it's a sidestory and not vital to the choices presented here.
>> No. 9265
[] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now
>> No. 9266
[x] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now
>> No. 9267
[x] The note – rush to the clinic
>> No. 9268
[] The note – rush to the clinic
>> No. 9269
[x] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now

SUDDENLY MAKAI NINJAS
>> No. 9271
[x] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now

ALICE.
>> No. 9272
[x] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now
>> No. 9273
>[] Something is wrong with Keine; Escort her home and try to find out what it is
>[] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now

awesome.jpg

[x] The note – rush to the clinic
>> No. 9274
[z] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now
>> No. 9275
[x] The note – rush to the clinic
>> No. 9276
[x] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now.

Hope she's safe.
>> No. 9277
First to seven has it. Writing now. Surprisingly fast votes.
>> No. 9278
[x] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now.
>> No. 9281
>>9277
The one or two Alice Fags spamed the votes.
>> No. 9285
[X] Something is wrong with Keine; Escort her home and try to find out what it is

No chance in hell this is going to win, but I think this is the most sensible option, as it has relatively fewer unknowns than the other options.

With Eientei we have no clue what we're being summoned for, nor the current situation with anyone there.

With Alice, things are even more uncertain. We don't know what she's been up to, where she is, or if she's even home.

In both cases, we could be walking right into some trap or the aftermath of some bloody battle, or we could just find them sitting down for a nice cup of tea.

With Keine, however, we KNOW where she is (with us at the school, for now) and we KNOW that there's something up with her. Of all of our allies and sources of information, she's currently the most easily accessible, and while she could simply be coming down with the flu, I get the feeling it's more likely her current mood has something to do with yet another one of our allies who we haven't seen for a little while.

We need to find Alice, but should we ignore someone in need of help that's right in front of us?

...man, these kind of decisions suck.
>> No. 9286
[x] This bad feeling makes you want to go see Alice now

Other concerns seem all too trivial right now. You're worried about Alice. Something seems very wrong here. You tell Keine that you've got urgent business to take care of. She barely nods back at you but you don't think about her reaction too much. There's only one thing on your mind right now.

You think that it's strange that you've had no contact from her over these past few days. You're moving at a fast pace through the village, hoping to make it to the Forest of Magic quickly. You almost crash into a few villagers, but you manage to weave through most of them and clear the village. The air feels humid and it causes your breathing to become a bit labored. It's nothing too cumbersome. You're more encumbered by the heavy feeling in your stomach. Your chest feels tight as well.

The forest seems gloomier than ever. Probably in part to the almost complete lack of direct sunlight. It's as if everything were grayish. It's none of your concern. You spend the whole way trying to keep your body in motion, disregarding everything else. Despite this, you still manage to read that damn sign in passing. It just simply says 'Caution'. You reach your destination almost completely exhausted.

You're not relieved with what you see. Alice's door is open and there are no lights coming from inside. You nervously near the entrance, calling out for Alice. Complete silence is the only reply that you get. You step through the door and carefully take a few steps in. There are no movements nor sounds coming from anywhere. What immediately catches your attention is a small trail of liquid that leads to Alice's sitting room. It's colorless and odorless, you assume it to be water.

You follow the trail. The liquid seems to be coming from a knocked over flower vase. There are no flowers inside but the water seems to have come from there. It drips from the table to the floor, forming the trail that you saw. As far as you can see there's nothing else that's been disturbed in the room. A piece of paper on the table catches your eye. You pick it up and look at it.

It appears to be very old in age. The paper is almost completely yellow and it feels like it could disintegrate if you're not careful in handling it. You try to examine the contents. You can't tell what it says but the language looks familiar. In fact, you're almost certain that this is lunarian – or some variant of it. You've seen some of Eirin's papers and charts have characters such as these. There's no way that you could mistake it for something else. Also interesting is the fact that despite the paper's (apparent) age, the text has been printed on it. The neat, standardized characters look like something one would get from a typewriter or a computer printer. Most likely the later due to the lack of ink smears.

Still, none of this helps you find out where Alice is. You don't think that she'll mind if you take the paper with you. You look around the house and call out her name. Everything else in the house seems to be undisturbed and intact. The multitude of dolls and the dusty books and tools – it's all in place. You climb up and check out the upstairs as well. There's no sign of struggle or sudden flight. Then why would the door by open like that? And why would the flower vase have been knocked over? You don't think that Alice would ignore things like that.

There is one clue that you find. Alice left her raincoat by the entrance. It's obviously been placed for easy access, so that she could grab it before heading out. But despite the fact that the day has been hinting at rain, she didn't take it before leaving. What would cause her to leave something this useful right here? This whole situation doesn't sit right with you. Not at all.

It begins to rain outside. It's almost imperceptible at first, but the soft rainfall almost immediately turns into a heavy downpour. A flash of lightning and a loud roar further aggravates the situation. It's like a dam just broke in the sky. It doesn't look like it'll let up anytime soon. This just makes you all the more worried about Alice. Where the hell could she be?

[] Sit tight, Alice might come back anytime
[] Run over to the Kirisame Magic shop – she might know something
[] Run back to Eientei; You're sure things will be alright
[] During times like these only a person like him can help – go to Kourindou
-----
>>9281
Now, now, no need to be so hasty in judgement. Past experience has shown me that even in scenarios that look like obvious vote spam, it's usually anon being overzealous. Or so the mods tell me, as far as they know it wasn't votespam then - it probably isn't now.
>>9285
Yeah, it's supposed to be a tough decision. Just like this one should be thought through as well.
>> No. 9287
[] During times like these only a person like him can help – go to Kourindou
>> No. 9288
[X] During times like these only a person like him can help – go to Kourindou

>>Yeah, it's supposed to be a tough decision. Just like this one should be thought through as well.

>>this one should be thought through as well.

>>as well.

That would imply that the previous decision was also thought through. ...or any decision has been, for that matter. Considering some of the previous votes and voters, I somehow doubt that is the case.
>> No. 9289
Your doctor leaves you a note to see her in her office immediately after work. This doctor has told you previously that you have an undiagnosable medical condition, which apparently causes you to black-out at times. You've also been experiencing complex hallucinations, as well as memory loss, which you haven't told the doctor about. Finally, there is an epidemic spreading among the servants in the household wherein the afflicted express similar psychotic features.

After work, you experience the sudden onset of paranoia coupled with intense abdominal pain.

What do you do?

You go see your girlfriend.

Fucking stupid. But oh so very Shirou.

[x] Run back to Eientei; You're sure things will be alright
>> No. 9290
>>9288
A painful truth that I know all too well. But occasionally I get well thought-out and reasoned arguments and votes (as well as cool theories and even rarer still sometimes people will pick up on easter eggs or references). And that makes me want to believe. At the very least some people take the time to think things through.

It's either wanting to believe or getting completely wasted. Not that these two options are mutually exclusive, mind you.
>> No. 9291
>>9289
But it's ALICE! We must see ALICE!
Even if we meet a gruesome end when we pass out too close to those tentacle rape plants and have our final moments of life and consciousness filled with extreme agony as we're violently sodomized in every possible orifice, at least it was for ALICE! At least we can take comfort in the fact that there probably won't be enough remains of us to be displayed at our funeral, so ALICE won't be quite so heartbroken by our untimely demise.
We did it all for ALICE, after all.

ALICE ALICE ALICE ALICE ALICE.

ALICE.
>> No. 9292
[X] During times like these only a person like him can help – go to Kourindou
>> No. 9293
[x] During times like these only a person like him can help – go to Kourindou
>> No. 9294
>There is one clue that you find. Alice left her raincoat by the entrance. It's obviously been placed for easy access, so that she could grab it before heading out. But despite the fact that the day has been hinting at rain, she didn't take it before leaving. What would cause her to leave something this useful right here? This whole situation doesn't sit right with you. Not at all.

hahaha wow

we are so L5 right now
>> No. 9295
>>we are so L5 right now

On the bright side, at least here if we have someone coming at us with a syringe, there's a pretty good chance it really is a syringe. Unless they're going for our ass with it. Then, it could still be a syringe, or it could really be a suppository.

...or it's a giant, spiked dildo that we're under the delusion of it being a suppository.
>> No. 9296
[x] Run back to Eientei; You're sure things will be alright

lol, no one wants to go to Eientei here.
Teruyo, move this story over to /th/ or /other/.
This is clearly in the wrong place
>> No. 9297
File 121929134197.jpg - (68.90KB , 512x384 , triping balls - medicine time.jpg ) [iqdb]
9297
>>9295
Suppository time is happy time.

Also I'm going to get some sleep now so I'll write when I wake up. Voting will still be open until I the time that I next check the votes. Well, I can make a projection right now, but who knows what can happen in a couple of hours. Maybe a messiah will deliver the lot of you unto the holy land. Unlikely really, but oh well. Stranger things have happened.
>> No. 9298
>>9297
>>Well, I can make a projection right now, but who knows what can happen in a couple of hours. Maybe a messiah will deliver the lot of you unto the holy land. Unlikely really, but oh well. Stranger things have happened.

Are you suggesting that the way you think the vote is going ISN'T the "holy land"?
Well, shit.

[X] Run back to Eientei; You're sure things will be alright
>> No. 9299
[X] Run back to Eientei; You're sure things will be alright
>> No. 9301
I think we're in a bad way, here.
If Keine is as down as she is that she can't even muster the enthusiasm to teach, I can only suspect that it has something to do with Mokou.

And now, Alice is gone, and the only clues we have are the fact her door was left open, the knocked-over flower vase, the old note with Lunarian writing, and the raincoat.

Since the door was left open, it would seem that she (or possibly someone else) left in a hurry. Unfortunately, due to us not having seen her since our last meeting, there's no way to tell when exactly she left, and whether or not it was under her own power. The lack of signs of a struggle would make it seem she wasn't abducted, but considering that whoever gave us that "nocturnal visit" that night at Keine's managed to do so without alerting the werecow sleeping not too far away from us, it might be possible Alice was caught off-guard and subdued without having a chance to resist. Then again, she's also a rather powerful and skilled magician, and knowing full-well about our own situation and how dangerous things could get, I don't believe she would be caught off-guard so easily, nor go down without putting up a fight. So, it's possible she left of her own free will.
But what about her raincoat? If it was clearly going to rain that day, it wouldn't make sense for her to leave it, meaning she was either in such a hurry that she didn't care about leaving it, or she was abducted and so had no choice in leaving it. That's assuming, of course, that today is when she actually left. If she left on one of the previous days, there would have been no reason for her to take her coat, and so it's only natural it would have been left behind.

The other two clues, unfortunately, don't really tell us much. ...not that the others tell us that much, either. But still.
If the water was spilled when that vase was knocked over, then clearly there must have been flowers in the vase at some point. There's not really any other reason to keep water in a vase. But, there were no flowers to be seen, meaning someone must have taken them. The question is, of course, why? If Alice was in a hurry to leave, what reason would there be for her to take some flowers from a vase? For that matter, if Alice was abducted, why would the kidnappers take them?

And then, there's the note. The writing is clearly Lunarian, and while the paper seems very old the writing seems like it was made using more "modern" means. Then again, Lunarian technology is supposed to be highly advanced, so it could very well be that such printing would be normal for even such an apparently old note. While the note's contents might be of interest, it might not be the most important thing about it. If we assume the writing is as old as the paper itself appears to be (and really, why would anyone use old-ass paper to write a new note?) then it would have to have been around for quite some time, and certainly long before this chain of events ever began. The writing probably isn't relevant to the situation, so much as where the note itself was found. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to have been in Alice's possession, meaning it was probably left there by a third party. Someone wanted that note to be found and identified.

Which is odd. If Alice was abducted by someone or something capable of subduing her and taking her without a sign of a struggle, and made a point of doing so, there would be no reason for them to leave a calling card. Assuming they're the ones who left it, that is.

I think someone is trying to implicate Eientei in Alice's disappearance. If Eientei abducted her, there's no way they would leave any trace that they're responsible. So, either they did take her, and some mysterious third party wants us to know they did, or they DIDN'T and some third party wants us to THINK that they did.

For all we know, Marisa could have kidnapped her out of jealousy, has her chained to a bed in her basement, and took the flowers to use in some sick mockery of a marriage ceremony to try to make Alice her bride, and left the note to divert our attention elsewhere while she did it.
>> No. 9302
[+] Run back to Eientei; you're suspicious that someone there may be responsible for Alice's disappearnce.
Because I know I am.
>> No. 9303
[X] Run back to Eientei; You're sure things will be alright
>> No. 9304
>For all we know, Marisa could have kidnapped her out of jealousy, has her chained to a bed in her basement, and took the flowers to use in some sick mockery of a marriage ceremony to try to make Alice her bride, and left the note to divert our attention elsewhere while she did it.

YES
>> No. 9306
>For all we know, Marisa could have kidnapped her out of jealousy, has her chained to a bed in her basement, and took the flowers to use in some sick mockery of a marriage ceremony to try to make Alice her bride, and left the note to divert our attention elsewhere while she did it.

NOW THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR SCORN
>> No. 9311
>>9289
In before Shirou "passed out" when he has that stomach pain, but in his deliruim from his medical condition, he runs to Alice's house, forces his way in, steals her flowers, knocks over her vase, and then goes to carry out his decision.

Al while knocked out. And when he wakes up, he will remember nothing.
>> No. 9314
>>9306
OH SHI-
>> No. 9317
>>9298
Well as the storyteller I hold most of the cards (the rest being the ingenuity and perception that you might have), so there's a lot I can say. But I was speaking more in general than just this choice. If I am to manipulate anon, I'd rather do it by much more subtler means. Or hell, most of the time others do it for me.

>>9301
This is an example of the aforementioned 'interesting theory' post. I like. In fact I like anything that makes anon use his critical thinking skills. Plus,
>For all we know, Marisa could have kidnapped her out of jealousy, has her chained to a bed in her basement, and took the flowers to use in some sick mockery of a marriage ceremony to try to make Alice her bride, and left the note to divert our attention elsewhere while she did it.

Is really hot.

Why am I bothering to write all this? Simple. Although we havve a majority for the votes I can still try to find the time to slack off and complete my daily internet grind before writing. All in the pretext of giving anon time to relfect a bit. Which, truth be told, isn't that bad an idea. I mean, what exactly does anon hope to accomplish right now? Find Alice? Medical attention? Just getting advice from someone? What should be the next step?
>> No. 9318
>>9317
>This is an example of the aforementioned 'interesting theory' post.

hahahaha
>> No. 9323
[x] Run back to Eientei; You're sure things will be alright

Even though this situation as a whole is incredibly puzzling, you decide to leave things alone for now. You have no idea what transpired, if anything at all happened that is. You're worried about Alice but that doesn't mean that you'll drop everything and run aimlessly. You'll run into her sooner or later and she'll be alright.

There isn't anything to protect you from the rain. The raincoat is much too small for you and there is no umbrella either. As soon as you step out, you get completely drenched. Even at a fast pace, the journey back to Eientei takes you a while. A lot of the ground has turned into mud, making walking difficult. The trees in the forest offer some cover from the downpour, but it's only a brief respite. The open sections of terrain douse you completely.

Still, you press on, hoping that the loud claps of thunder and flashes of light stay far away from you. Just before entering the bamboo forest, you see lightning strike a nearby tree. Almost immediately the once green tree is reduced to a burning and smoking totem. What's more disturbing is the fact that it was just one hundred meters or so from your position. You hurry into the thick bamboo maze.

The rest of the way is easier, the ground here is much firmer than the muddy trails. You reach Eientei wet and shivering, but in one piece. You strip down in the entrance hall. Modesty be damned. It's probably a much worse idea to get the whole place wet. You walk to the bathroom in your underwear and grab a towel. But that seems like a waste. You're shivering like mad and you've started to cough from the cold so you decide to take a warm bath. It can't hurt after all.

The bath is hot and refreshing. The chill almost completely goes away. There's a part of you that feels cold, no matter how long you soak in the warm water, but it's not that big a deal. It's probably all in your head, since it's a sensation that comes from within. Probably just a replacement for that horrible feeling that you had earlier in the pit of your stomach.

You get changed and then sit about in your room. A splitting headache assails you. It's as if some one were doing road renovations on the inside of your skull. It doesn't help that you suddenly feel most of your energy sapped as well. In other words, you're in pain but almost too tired to do anything about it. You look at the futon and it looks so tempting. Maybe sleep would make this horrible pain go away. The other alternatives doesn't seem too nice. They require a lot of willpower.

[] Sleep is good
[] Crawl up against the wall and ride out the pain
[] Try to get some medical relief from the clinic
---
>>9318
Actual message or other factors aside, it's certainly more interesting than a cryptic, random, and ultimately meaningless reply to a statement.
>> No. 9325
[x] Try to get some medical relief from the clinic

Of course you'll pass out and hallucinate in the hallway before you get there, but you could at least feign a sense of self-preservation.
>> No. 9326
[X] Try to get some medical relief from the clinic
>> No. 9331
[] Try to get some medical relief from the clinic

We should really talk to a doctor. Hell we should really talk to anyone.
>> No. 9333
Remember that note Eirin left us? You know, the one saying to come see her RIGHT after we were done with work? The one we ignored to go tromping through through the Forest of Magic to visit Alice's strangely-abandoned house?

You think that might at all come back to bite us by going to the clinic now that we actually NEED something?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah.
>> No. 9338
[x] Try to get some medical relief from the clinic
>> No. 9341
[]x Try to get some medical relief from the clinic

Time to get penis broken
>> No. 9342
[x] Try to get some medical relief from the clinic

This isn't good. At the rate you're going you think that it'd be foolish not to get help. It pains you just to try to get up and move, but you've got to get some relief. The throbbing only gets worse as you stumble through the corridors. Migraine doesn't even begin to describe it. By the time you get to the clinic you think that your eyes are going to pop out of their sockets at this rate.

Eirin looks a bit surprised to see you stumble in. You don't really understand what she's saying. It's all garbled speech. You try pointing at your head and making noises. As well as collapsing to your knees. Walking is impossible for you right now. Eirin rushes over to you and starts to check your pulse and tries to ask you questions. For the life of you, you can't make out what she's saying. She gently helps you lie down against the wall and then leaves your side.

You feel hot. Like your skin is boiling. In fact, everything you see has a haze around it. Just like scenery from a desert. It's so hot that it dulls the pain somewhat. You feel that you're heaving and your mouth is very dry. It gets harder to form coherent thoughts. Where is Eirin? You can't feel your extremities. But your chest is hot. It's practically the only sensation that you can feel in your body. The headache is still there, but it's just like a background noise.

This heat isn't good. You want to get up. Someone open a window. It's getting harder to breathe. You're almost suffocating because of the heat. Unfortunately there doesn't seem much that you can do right now. Your body won't listen to you.

Someone comes up to you, but you can't tell who it is. All you see now are contours of shadows. You feel a cold, wet sensation on your forehead. It doesn't last very long. The shadows move around. You're not sure, but maybe you're moving somehow? It's hard to think. So you stop. You just close your eyes and hope for the best.

There's noise. Voices that you hear in the far-off distance. Familiar. Definitely people that you know. What they're talking about is beyond you. You can't even open your eyes. It just takes too much effort. It takes too much effort to even keep listening.

A while later. You're finally able to open your eyes. There's not much light around you. A simple lamp is the only light source. You realize that you're lying on a bed. You look about and see that you're hooked up to some sort of machine. A transparent mask covers your face and there's an IV drip connected to your hand. A dull beeping noise and a whir are continuously sounding.

You don't feel your body. In fact, even your thoughts seem a bit sluggish. It's not long before you close your eyes again.

The next time you open your eyes the view is a bit different. There's even less light in the room. But, you're not wearing that mask anymore. Nor do you hear any sounds anymore. You feel your hand and see that you're still connected to the IV drip.

Oh, and you can now feel your body again. That's nice. What happened? You try to reconcile your memory with whatever the hell just happened. Last thing you remember you were feeling terrible and you went for help at the clinic. Then this is probably somewhere inside the clinic. You can't really tell. The equipment seems to confirm it, but you haven't been here before.

There's a single door leading in or out and no windows here. A purplish light seeps from under the door and into the room. It is the only light source here now. You fumble about to see if there's a light switch or call button anywhere near the bed. There isn't.

You raise your body up and feel extremely weak. It takes you a few moments for a bit of nausea to subside. Shouldn't there be someone around here? Keeping watch or something? Maybe it's just really late and everyone is sleeping? Still, you're not completely buying that explanation. You're feeling a bit trapped here. Even though you have little strength in your body you want out. You want to run the hell out of here for some reason.

You yawn. You're still feeling very groggy and tired.

[] Try to yell out for someone
[] Muster strength and open the door; See what's the deal with the purple light
[] Lie back and sleep
>> No. 9343
>>9342
>Still, you're not completely buying that explanation. You're feeling a bit trapped here. Even though you have little strength in your body you want out. You want to run the hell out of here for some reason.

Hooray, we just survived a stroke. Looks like we're still paranoid though.

[x] Try to yell out for someone.
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.
>> No. 9346
[x] Try to yell out for someone.
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.
>> No. 9347
[x] Try to yell out for someone.
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.
>> No. 9348
[x] Try to yell out for someone.
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.
>> No. 9349
[x] Try to yell out for someone.
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.
>> No. 9350
[x] Try to yell out for someone.
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.

I want Eirin to experiment on me.
>> No. 9351
>>9350
>I want Eirin to experiment on me.

No Shirou, you are the experiment.

[x] "TASUKETE EIRIN~!"
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.
>> No. 9352
[x] Muster strength and open the door; see what's the deal with that purple light you're hallucinating.
[x] Take your IV bag with you.
>> No. 9355
It's dark in here and you just can't stay put anymore. You try get out of bed. It's no easy task. You do try to call out before getting out of bed, but your voice comes out to mere squeak. In any case, you're focused on getting out so you ignore your (surely) temporary muteness. The sheets come off easily enough. You're dressed in what feels like your run-of-the-mill hospital gown.

You get out carefully moving one leg at a time. Before you stand up, you follow the tube connected to your hand to the source. It's a mushy bag hanging off something. You unhook it from what you assume to be a pole and hold it in your hand. You're not sure that these things work if you just carry them around. This type of drip works with gravity; It might have been better to just have taken the needle out.

It takes you a couple of tries to actually stand up. Your legs are wobbly. You're unsure if you'll be able to get very far like this. It feels like you haven't walked in years. You take baby steps, literally covering just a few centimeters at a time. It sure as hell doesn't help that your gown is open at the back. Feels drafty.

By the time that you reach the door you're completely exhausted. You're breathing heavily and your joints ache. The bag of fluid also weighs a ton. Your hand feels like it's carrying a sack of cement. You change hands and then try to open the door. But it's locked. You can't open it. The handle turns, but the door refuses to open. Well, even if it did open, it wouldn't do you any good.

You're flat on your back before you know it. The cold floor tiles greet your exposed backside. Your legs gave way without you realizing it. Just great. With your fall the bag also fell out of your hands. Your whole right side of your body is drenched by this liquid. Feels uncomfortably sticky. You try yelling out again. This time you're able to make a definite noise. Too bad it's still quite a few decibels below the threshold of normal speech. Only someone with bat-like hearing would have picked up on that one.

You want to move somewhere else, but the best you can do is barely nudge your torso slightly to the left. What little strength you had is now completely gone. Worse yet, that purple light is hitting your face dead on. It's enough to make you curse the stars. Here you are, basically naked, lying on the floor like a fish out of water, completely helpless.

Well, it can't all be bad. Since you're at the clinic, someone should come and check up on you soon. It's embarrassing, but you're sure that they'll help you back onto your bed. Come to think of it, you collapsed on the floor earlier. Someone must have carried you here. Are any of the women here capable of carrying someone? You don't see Eirin lifting anything heavier than a test tube and Reisen probably lacks the muscle mass. These are stupid thoughts, but help keep your mind off your present situation.

Against all odds, and more importantly before you even realize it, you've fallen asleep again. At least it sure feels that way. You're having some kind of dream. You're flying about in the countryside, terrorizing innocent villagers. Mostly with your fire-breath. Wait. There's an explanation for this. You're a dragon. A scaly, ancient, irritable beast. That must be why you're stomping all over people's houses and slaying foolish knights. Good times.

You're happy doing all of this. It grants you release. You can clearly feel your massive wings flapping and people scurrying about like rats. You burn down whole villages and steal all the valuables you see. That solid-gold statue will go good in your lair. Even troublesome adventurers prove to be no match for your superior dragon wit. Hah, even by rolling twenties they'd be toast. They've got nothing on your majestic persona.

But just like that, you're cut off from everything. You're aware that this is not a dream. You're you. Shirou. And you're standing in a dark room all of a sudden. A light turns on. Its warm reddish light originates from seemingly nowhere. About a dozen or so meters away stands a cloaked figured. You can't see the face or any discernible features. As far as you can tell it can be a mannequin or three monkeys standing on each others' shoulders. You feel stupid and awkwardly out of place.

“Who are you?” You ask the obvious first question, hoping to move things along swiftly.
“My name does not matter.” The cloaked figure responds. My, what a great answer. Next thing you know you'll be warned of some 'great evil' or told that you're a 'chosen one' or some rubbish like that.
“Fine. Be that way. Where am I?”
“You're in a specially enclosed space. It's easier to meet here where no one is watching.”

This person's voice is strange. You're leaning towards guessing that it's a man, but you're not completely sure. It's an oddly gender-neutral voice. Creepy.

“So why am I here?” You cut to the chase. No need to beat around the bush.
“We've been watching you. It's hard to assist you directly, but we've been given a chance to intervene. So we've decided to help you.”
“How kind of you. Considering I have no idea who you are.” Even you are a bit impressed at how forward you're acting. Must be that red light. It gives you an adrenaline rush or something.
“Do not worry about that. If the time ever comes, you'll know. In the meanwhile, we would like to help you out by answering one of your questions. I'm afraid that we cannot maintain this space for long, others will soon interfere. But we should have time to let you know about whatever it is you want to know. So make it count.”
“Can't I ask more than one question?”
“That you can, you could. But would there be enough time to answer it – it is doubtful.”

Well, it's clear. You're not sure that this is even real. You can certainly feel your body, but you can't really move it. This is one big pain in the neck. Maybe you got drunk and are now dreaming a nice alcohol-fueled dream. Whatever the case, it couldn't hurt to ask Mr. Cloak here something.

[] Insist on finding out who he/she is
[] Ask what's happening to you right now
[] Ask where the hell Alice is
[] Ask about Eirin's cup size
[] Ask what's really going on with the rabbits
[] Ask if there's a conspiracy out to get you
---------
Time for some rest, be back later.
>> No. 9357
[] Ask what's happening to you right now
[] Ask where the hell Alice is
[] Ask what's really going on with the rabbits
[] Ask if there's a conspiracy out to get you
>> No. 9358
[X] Ask about what Kaguya and Eirin are up to
>> No. 9359
[x] Ask what's really going on with the rabbits
>> No. 9360
[x] Ask about Eirin's cup size

Down to buisness
>> No. 9362
[] Ask where the hell Alice is
>> No. 9363
[] Ask where the hell Alice is
>> No. 9371
[X] Ask what's happening to you right now

We're got a chance to find out ONE (and ONLY ONE) thing about what's happening around or to us. Considering our current state and situation, I don't think asking about Alice's location is the best thing we could ask right now. Even if we knew, what the hell could we do about it? We couldn't even make it to the damn door without collapsing.

Before we can think about helping anyone else, we need to be able to help ourselves. And there's no way that's going to happen unless we get clued-in about what the fuck is going on here.

We could find out what's happening to us. We could learn the identity of whoever is jerking us around, and why. We could even get some sort of a clue about what we can do to survive all of this.

Don't pass up a chance for exposition, because there sure as hell is no guarantee you'll be getting any from the villain at the end.
Remember MiG? I'm sure you do.
>> No. 9372
[X] Ask what's happening to you right now.
>> No. 9381
[x] Ask what's happening to you right now
>> No. 9389
[x] Ask what's happening to you right now
>> No. 9391
[+] Ask what's happening to you right now
[+] Ask where the hell Alice is
[+] Ask what's really going on with the rabbits
[+] Ask if there's a conspiracy out to get you
In order of priority.
>> No. 9403
File 121944270596.jpg - (10.63KB , 250x282 , Don't you miss the secret order of the empir.jpg ) [iqdb]
9403
[x] Ask what's happening to you right now

“Well, I might as well ask. What's happening to me right now?” There's a lot that this cloaked figure could clear up for you.
“Right now you're in a specialized area. A projection achieved by channeling your consciousness through subspace using Alpha-3 particles.”
“...That's not what I meant.”
“Your body is back in the clinic, resting peacefully on a bed. To outside observers you are simply in a deep slumber. However, due to your weakened pulse, this whole conference is made possible. Your malady is the perfect shield against prying and inquisitive eyes.”
“That's all fine and well, but it's not what I meant.”
“Do clarify then.” The voice states with no emotion.
“I meant on a larger scale. Visions, plots, the whole works.” You want the figure to give you at least something.
“Those are multiple lines of inquiry. I'm afraid that my orders were very specific. Not to mention the fact that because of safety reasons we're going to have to cut short soon.” The cloaked figure turns around and takes a few steps into the darkness.
“Nothing then?”
“Nothing that would be to your benefit. We will say this, however: You are a rather large source of amusement, if little else. The best of luck in your endeavors, you'll need it. Oh and one final thing – there are many relics that might of interest to you just lying about.”

Just like that the cloaked figure disappears. Nuts. He/she came off as a bit of an asshole to you. The light goes out for a moment. You feel like you're in motion. Like you're on a rocket, hurtling through space. Under normal circumstances you'd be sick to your stomach. You must be pulling an untold number of Gs. It doesn't last too long. Well, maybe it does. Point is that you've lost control of your senses long before you even realize it. This is getting tiresome.

A bright light makes you come to your senses. You try to close your eyelids but something holds your right eye open. When it finally stops, and you get over having to refocus on your surroundings, you see that it's just Eirin holding a small flashlight in her hands.
>> No. 9404
“So you're back with us. I'm sorry about waking you up, but it's just as well.” Eirin speaks to you while looking over a couple of papers on a clipboard. She places the small light into one of her pockets. She's wearing a white doctor's robe over her normal dress.

You take a look around. You're in that room with all the beds. It's light outside. Probably morning. You shake your head to try to shake this ringing that you have in your ears. It's then that you notice that you're still stuck to an IV drip. Just great.

“Wha...what happened?” Your voice comes out a couple of decibels lower than you expected it to, but Eirin hears it.
“Well, mostly shock. And a couple of other nasty things. You surprised me when you came stumbling in like that. I thought that maybe you were having some sort of epileptic attack. It looked like you had no control over your nervous system. It took a while to get you stabilized. You had me worried.”
“...T-that bad?” You try to smile, but you end up coughing instead.
“First time I see a series of different unrelated conditions all present themselves at once. You were kept under close observation most of the night.”
“...”

That's not how you remember it. You clearly remember getting up and finding yourself completely alone. And that whole business with that cloaked figure just now.

“I... remember waking up and seeing no one around. I even tried to get up and walk around. Fell down and passed out.” You've started to regain your voice. You tell Eirin how you remember things going down.
“Well, I don't know about getting up, but something did happen last night.” Eirin puts down her charts. “You at one point rolled – and fell – off the bed. It took quite a bit of effort to get you back on there. Perhaps what you remember is just a dream? Your brain was very active during the whole ordeal. I had scans taken of you so I could diagnose you so I would know. Just ask Undonge, she kept watch over you most of the night.”

Eirin indicates to a part of the room that you were ignoring until just now. Reisen is standing there outfitted in what looks to be a nurse's uniform. She waves to you and smiles.

“Thank you.” You tell her. Your voice is back to normal.
“It's no problem at all, I just did what was asked of me.” She meekly replies.
“Well, I don't know about that. There wasn't a need to be that close all the time. Nor was it necessary for you to stay up all night. Some of the rabbits might have helped out in that department.” Eirin introjects. “In any case, before I get sidetracked here, you should be fine. Your latest test results show that everything is more or less working like normal now. Just let me ask a few questions. Think you can answer them?”
“Sure, I don't see why not.” You reply.
“Well, first of all, were you walking around in that rain yesterday with no protection?”
“Yes...”
“And did you feel cold when you got here?”
“Yes. I was shivering.
“And what did you do next?”
“Take a bath and then go to my room.”
“Well, there's one possible cause for shock. Rapid changes in core body temperature. Had you drunk any alcohol or taken any medication?”
“No.”
“I see.” Eirin writes all this information down on her charts. “Very well. Here's another important question; were you feeling emotionally distressed?”
“As a matter of fact, yes.”
“Very distressed?”

You search your feelings. Yeah, you were pretty upset yesterday afternoon.

“Yeah.”
“I see.” Eirin writes down a couple of observations more on her chart. “Well, I believe that I solved another part of this mystery.” She smiles at you. It doesn't make you feel at ease for some reason. “You had a massive panic attack.”
“Panic attack?” You ask incredulously.
“Now, now, it's nothing to be ashamed of. When one does not have an appropriate outlet for the feelings that build up inside and there's a strong presence of panic or other feelings that cause anxiety it can lead to this. I won't ask what exactly it was that triggered this. But I think that you realize that this indeed was the case.”

What she says sounds reasonable. Feeling distressed can be disastrous for the body. It can cause parts to swell up, your heart to beat faster, and other bad effects. It doesn't really matter what your opinion is. Eirin seems content with her explanation and that is that.

She gives you a couple of recommendations and tells you to take the day off. She then leaves and says that depending on how you behave, she might let you go sometime later today. This is an obvious allusion to the other times you've been here. Before you're left completely alone, Reisen tells you that the school has been informed of your absence and that you shouldn't worry about it. You try to talk to her some more, but she's called by Eirin and doesn't return.

You're not sure if there's sedatives in your drip or you're just really tired. But you fall asleep soon thereafter. When you next wake up, you feel that a couple of hours have passed, but you have no way of confirming that. It bores you to be here without doing anything. But you endure it. You're sure that you're not forgotten. A couple of rabbits nudge in a cart with a tray of food at some point in time. You thank the little guys before they hop off... somewhere. You're not really hungry but you still try to eat some. It's not that great tasting.

You soon fall asleep again. It's now late afternoon. The whole room is tinged in a deep orange and red light. You've spent all day in this bed. Eventually Reisen comes back in and removes the IV from your hand. She claims that Eirin said that you won't need it anymore. She then tells you that you're free to lie around a bit if you want, but you're otherwise clear to go. She indicates the door and tells you that your belongings are next to the door.

“Wait, Eirin isn't leaving me any medicine or anything?” You ask.
“Not that I know of. She said that you'll be fine just like this.”

Odd. Normally you'd think Eirin to be the first one to suggest drugs. You're no doctor, but even you'd recommend drugs. But well, if it was a panic attack than maybe it's more of a psychological thing. Maybe Eirin doesn't really dig psychiatric treatment? As you're ponder this and more Reisen leaves the room without you noticing. When you realize that you're alone, it's already been a good five minutes or so (or so you estimate).

[] Stay overnight at the clinic
[] A drink at the local tavern is in order – to celebrate your survival
[] Go pester Eirin
[] Go to the courtyard for some fresh air – and to collect your thoughts
--------
Yeah, waiting for vote lead me to do things other than writing the main story. Like writing random erotica involving touhou characters or playing video games. It's hard to stop, especially if people egg me on.
>> No. 9405
[X] Go to the courtyard for some fresh air – and to collect your thoughts

>>writing random erotica involving touhou characters

This intrigues me and I would like to know more.
>> No. 9406
[X] Go to the courtyard for some fresh air – and to collect your thoughts
>> No. 9407
[X] Go pester Eirin

If the problem was an lack of an outlet for our feelings, perhaps she could suggest some ways we could find..."relief".
>> No. 9408
[x] Go pester Eirin for some anxiolytics and to ask her what the note yesterday was for.
>> No. 9409
File 121944741663.jpg - (51.91KB , 500x481 , no matter how many times I see this I still do not.jpg ) [iqdb]
9409
>>9405
Nothing much. Just a couple of short scenes. One of the more fleshed-out ones involves Marisa. Mostly made to tease a friend with and hold it over his head. Oh and some CirnoxSuwako for some reason. Beyond that it's mostly short blurbs.

>>9407
I hear that painting landscapes can really soothe the heart.

Oh and posting a picture just because I realized that most of my latest posts don't come with pictures anymore. How disapointing. No real subtext to this one.
>> No. 9410
Have we told Eirin about the florid hallucinations and paranoid ideation yet? We know she's been using us as a guinea pig, so we may as well do what we can to help her cure this thing.

[x] Go pester Eirin for some anxiolytics and ask her what the note yesterday was for.
[x] Explain to her that you've been suffering from complex hallucinations and bouts of memory loss; draw similarities to the symptoms of the illness the rabbits had been experiencing.
>> No. 9411
>>9403

>You feel like you're in motion. Like you're on a rocket, hurtling through space

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=58CJih1iYC0 is the first thing thing I thought.
>> No. 9412
[] Go to the courtyard for some fresh air – and to make an offering to the beer god.

The invisible frat boy in the sky might be able to clarify our situation to us - or at least get us hammered enough to forget about it.
>> No. 9413
[+] Go ask Eirin what the note yesterday was for.
Because I don't want any medicine fucking us up from the
[+] Offering to the Beer God.
>> No. 9415
[x] booze for the booze god
>> No. 9416
[x] Go ask Eirin what the note yesterday was for.
[x] Tell her that no matter what happens in the future, you'll put in a good word for her with the booze god.

Killing with Kindness, pt. 2
>> No. 9418
File 121946759995.jpg - (119.48KB , 600x883 , Mhs1.jpg ) [iqdb]
9418
Well, it's rest time now. This work schedule I feel is of little benefit to all parties involved. I'll create a new thread since this should be reaching auto-sage anytime now.

Oh and parting words; it's nice that you lot want to go places with very specific objective in mind or do very specific things just because, but I feel that at times it's important to be aware of one's circumstances and surroundings. But then again, if you wish to go in guns blazing (so to speak) assuming that you're hallucinating, asking for powerful medication, coming clean about your health, confessing your love to god knows what, and otherwise arbitrarily imposing and using (sometimes) false assumptions - go ahead. But you can only dig so deep before you turn that hole into your grave.

But then again, what do I know? I'm sleepbaking already. Daddy needs his beauty rest. Mokou unrelated.
>> No. 9420
>>Mokou unrelated.

Mokou should always be related. ALWAYS.
>> No. 9422
>>You've noticed that Keine is in an abysmal mood as well. She barely gets through her classes, displaying almost no enthusiasm. She looks kind of distant and disconnected from reality. You can't really think of a reason for it. She was fine just yesterday. It worries you, but when you talk to her during breaks she just brushes off your inquiries. Another mystery that adds to your gloom and uneasiness.

was it full moon by any chance? because if so, we missed a chance to be caved.
>> No. 9425
>>9418
Oh god, I want to make sweet, consensual love to Mokou in the missionary position after a blissful wedding ceremony.

For pleasure. I'm not a compelte heartless monster.
>> No. 9427
>>9418
>assuming that you're hallucinating

Yeah, I'm sure that velociraptor we rode around on was totally real.
>> No. 9431
File 12195145795.jpg - (247.18KB , 700x900 , mhs2.jpg ) [iqdb]
9431
>>9427
Not the point and you know it.

>>9425
You sick bastard. Even if it's for pleasure such depravity cannot be forgiven.

>>9420
Okay. Writing now and one more Mokou pic just for the kicks.