[Return]
Archived thread

File 121764747077.jpg - (177.19KB , 850x680 , Eientei.jpg ) [iqdb]
8385 No. 8385
So, despite the fact that there are three stories on this board already, anyone up for another? I've had the urge to start up one of my own for a while now and I have finally gathered my mess of ideas into a storyline (more or less).

Basic Stuff:
*You can meet and become friends with nearly anyone, but the only romantic routes are for girls first introduced in Imperishable Night.
*Route locks happen at different times for each girl. Don't worry, you'll more than likely see it coming a mile away.
*The PC is a half-blank slate. He starts with a basic personality chosen at points in the prologue, but this can change throughout the story.
*The direction of the story (comedy/action/romance/etc.) is entirely up to you and your choices.

That's the basic outline of what I'm looking to do here. If there's enough interest, I'll post the beginning sometime tonight or tomorrow.

>> No. 8386
Please do. There hasn't been enough activity in this entire site for awhile now, since HY and YAF are on break and Scorn's internet access is rare.
>> No. 8387
Eh, go for it. Things are really slow lately, so another one might break the boredom a bit.
>> No. 8388
I'll tell you what I've told everyone who has started a story here:

Go for it. If you feel that you can contribute a nice and exciting experience for your readers, then by all means go ahead. Just make sure to have the stomach for it. And have patience for the slow periods of activity. Oh and you're welcome to come to IRC (#eientei @ rizon). Not all people are comfortable using IRC but you're welcome to come hang out or whatever.
>> No. 8389
I like the GRIMDARK tone you find in a lot of Eientei-centric doujins. In that vein I would appreciate lots of mindfuck & BAD END.

If IN-introduced characters all have routes, do you mean to include Mystia and Wriggle?
>> No. 8391
>>8387

That's what I seek to do.

>>8389

>In that vein I would appreciate lots of mindfuck & BAD END.

Noted.

>If IN-introduced characters all have routes, do you mean to include Mystia and Wriggle?

Yes, since you can conceivably meet them around the bamboo forest. Unless enough people dislike that, of course. Then they'll be regulated to the same non-romantic ring as the rest.
>> No. 8392
>>8391
>If IN-introduced characters all have routes, do you mean to include Mystia and Wriggle?
>Yes

That just made my day.
>> No. 8397
>>8388

>Oh and you're welcome to come to IRC (#eientei @ rizon).

Love to, but I seem to be utterly retarded in this vein of technology.

>>8392

I aim to please.
(You can't see it, but I'm totally making two finger-guns at my monitor right now.)
>> No. 8398
Go ahead.
>> No. 8399
>>8391
The stage progression of IN indicates that the Human Village is in-between the Forest of Magic (where Wriggle and Mystia live) and the Bamboo Forest. Make sure to take this into account. It's not unfeasible that those two might range that far away, but it's not where they spend most of their time.
>> No. 8401
At the very least, Mystia could've moved her stand to the entrance to bamboo forest. As for Wriggle? Dunno. Maybe she's been hired by Mystia to cook vegan/vegetarian dishes.
>> No. 8403
>>8385
>The direction of the story (comedy/action/romance/etc.) is entirely up to you and your choices.
So...there's no overarching plot scripted out? Say, a relatively well-paced set of events with intro, body, climax, and denouement or suchlike?

In that case...
[x] Probably not.

Upgrade that to "definitely not" if "blank slate" and "direction is up to us" means we get Joe Ordinary McClueless or Mister Awesome.jpg wandering through a series of ultimately aimless events. Because that's a shitty structure for a story, despite the fact that some people can compensate for it with engaging writing.
>> No. 8404
>>8401
Mystia might be asking for trouble if she moved her stand there. That's Mokou's yakitori stand's turf, and I doubt she'd hesitate to add Grilled Night Sparrow to the menu.
Might make an interesting plot point.

As for Wrigs, she could show up anywhere the bugs go, as far as I'm concerned.
>> No. 8406
>>8403

I phrased that part wrong. The story type will be set rather quickly and will contour to the plots I have already concocted in my mind. Thus, the comedy path has it's own plot, the suspense it's own plot, and so forth. As for the character, it won't be like that. Trust me. My apologies for making it sound more aimless than intended.

Though, I suppose showing is better than telling. I'll bring something up soon.
>> No. 8408
>>8404

Is there any evidence she actually owns a yakitori stand, rather than just claiming to own one?
>> No. 8409
>>8408
If an immortal phoenix girl told you that she owned a yakitori stand, would you argue with her?
>> No. 8411
>>8409
Not arguing isn't the same as believing.
>> No. 8412
File 121766484288.jpg - (11.35KB , 300x300 , moustache.jpg ) [iqdb]
8412
Can't tell if it's shit without seeing it, right?
-----
You find yourself milling about an urban campfire in a place you can’t quite recognize. Wondering what makes it so urban, you notice the fire is belching forth from an old trash can. Makes sense. Your companions around the canfire, on the other hand, most certainly do not. The closest you can come to describing them is a group of cartoon-like bushy moustaches with goofy eyes topped with cowboy hats. Not content with sitting in confusion, you try to catch the attention of one of the creatures.
“Hey, uh-“
“Silencio.”
Your sentence is cut short by one of the Hairy Cowboys. Rude, but before you can say so a chorus of “Silencio” issues forth from the group of disembodied hairs. Looking from ‘stache to ‘stache, you lock eyes with one. He (you assume it’s a he) stares at you for a moment and rises, letting a set of male genitalia fall from the hair juncture below the eyeballs.

It is most definitely a he.



/I know it’s not mine but I see if I can use it for a weekend or a one night stand~/

Your radio alarm blares and the rockin’ tunes of Sugar Ray fill your sparse bedroom to jar you from your disturbed sleep. Not the best music, but it certainly fills you with the need to turn the piece of junk off. Stupid easy listening radio station. Lurching up from bed you thump over to your radio and give the alarm switch a flick, all the while cursing Mark McGrath and trying to recall the mess your unconscious mind brewed up. Wait, brew? Tea. Yes, tea would be lovely right about now. Time to go make some.

As you make your way to the cupboards, you can’t help but notice that your vision seems off today. It’s almost like you keep seeing heat ripples in the corners of your eyes even though it’s autumn. Bah, it’s probably nothing, just the haze of sleep keeping a grip on you. As you approach the cupboard where you always keep such things as tea, you are welcomed to the sight of…

Nothing.

There is absolutely nothing there. You check its sibling to the right of it and find the cupboards are, in fact, twins. No sugar, no honey, no flour, and most importantly, no tea. You know for a fact you bought groceries last week, so what the hell is that about? Did they all just fall through some dimensional rip into a land filled with things out to give you a bad time? What an asshole, that dimension. Enjoy the honey, you Heffalump bastard. With an aggravated sigh, you calm yourself down a bit. At least your vision is back to normal. Now, to think this through like a sane person instead of blaming some theoretical land. You could…

[] Go out and buy more groceries.
[] Stay here and maybe take some aspirin to make sure those ripples stay gone.
>> No. 8413
[] Stay here and maybe take some aspirin to make sure those ripples stay gone.
>> No. 8414
Well, sleepy time for Harker. I'll check back here when I get up.
>> No. 8415
[x] Rampage. Goddamit, you need your fucking tea and you own't stand for this motherfucking bullshit.
>> No. 8417
[X] Stay here and maybe take some aspirin to make sure those ripples stay gone.

By the way, you might as well get yourself a trip.
>> No. 8418
>Enjoy the honey, you Heffalump bastard.

I like you, private.

[x] Stay here and maybe take some Excedrin to make sure those ripples stay gone.

MULTI-ACTION NON-NARCOTIC ANALGESICS
>> No. 8422
>>8391
>If IN-introduced characters all have routes, do you mean to include Mystia and Wriggle?
>Yes.

No, don't do it. They live in the Forest of Magic, and to /forest/ they belong. /eientei/ is basically the moon people (Eirin, Kaguya, Reisen) and the rabbits (Reisen and Tewi). Mokou and Keine are acceptable since Mokou is Kaguya's nemesis and Keine is Mokou's friend.
>> No. 8423
File 121768511541.jpg - (158.00KB , 600x600 , 121398339759.jpg ) [iqdb]
8423
[Q] Stay here and maybe take some aspirin to make sure those ripples stay gone.

You, my friend, have an awesome way of writing.
>> No. 8444
[X] Go out and buy more groceries.

Mexican cowboy mustaches, "Mark McGrath must die", and a casual Winnie-the-Pooh reference. I love it already.
>> No. 8448
[x] Stay here and maybe take some aspirin to make sure those ripples stay gone.

Let's give those ripples what for.
>> No. 8451
[X] Go out and buy more groceries. Keep an eye out for woozles.
>> No. 8452
[x] Rampage. Goddamit, you need your fucking tea and you own't stand for this motherfucking bullshit.
>> No. 8453
Pill poppin' won. Expect something today.

>>8422

Yeah, I was kind of ifffy on them to begin with. You can still have happy shiny fun-fun time with them, but not a proper route. Remember, friendship can be just as important as love in some cases.
>> No. 8456
[x] Stay here and maybe take some aspirin to make sure those ripples stay gone.

A surge of rage passes through you as you look over the barren stocks. The one thing in your life you have always been able to count on is nice, hot, tea. Girlfriend cheats on you? Tea! Best friend kicks your cat? Tea! Mom hits you with a broken Hotwheels track? Tea with a squeeze of lemon! Dad takes your sister and-
Hey, wait. Is that music you hear? You try to find the source, but before you can the tune fades to nothingness. It almost sounded like a flute mixed with a musical saw. Weird, you must be getting a migraine or something. To the medicine cabinet it is then, since going out would likely just bring the ripples back in full force.

Two pills and a quick breakfast (sans tea) later…

You relax in your domicile, watching children’s programming to pass the time. Fuck yeah, Wonderpets. They may not be too big or tough, but damn do they have the right stuff. And cute little hats (is that the stuff?). Speaking of hats, you glance over to where you keep yours and are surprised by what you see. Your hat is filthy! It must have been from when your friend Todd splashed you with that unnamed substance the other day. It was funny at the time, but now look at this! That was a gift from the Czarina of Tokyo! Or, at least, you think so. Your memory of when you got it is a bit fuzzy. Czarina or not, now you’ll have to wash your…

[] Pageboy Cap
[] Top Hat
[] Baseball Cap
[] Fedora
[] Army Cap
[] You don’t have a hat. What the hell are you thinking about?
>> No. 8457
[] Fedora

MOTHERFUCKING FEDORA.
>> No. 8458
>Mom hits you with a broken Hotwheels track?

hahaha ow

>[] Pageboy Cap

Did you mean "newsboy"?

[x] Newsboy Cap

Chic; everything else is overplayed.
>> No. 8459
>>8456
>Your hat is filthy! It must have been from when your friend Todd splashed you with that unnamed substance the other day.

Fucking Todd, man. I swear.

>It was funny at the time, but now look at this! That was a gift from the Czarina of Tokyo! Or, at least, you think so. Your memory of when you got it is a bit fuzzy.

Fuck, I can just imagine Yukari convincing some drunken fratboy tourist that she's the Czarina of Tokyo.

[x] Pageboy/Newsboy/Fisherman's/Gatsby cap

ITT synonyms
>> No. 8460
{X} Pageboy Cap

shweet
>> No. 8465
[Q] Pageboy Cap

YES. This LA is awesome and trippy. I'm reallly tired too, so everything seems funnier.


I should get some sleep...
>> No. 8467
[x] Top Hat

Wearing a top hat in this day and age? Beautifully over the top, that.
>> No. 8469
>>8467

LOL SO RANDOM

[X] Pageboy Cap
>> No. 8471
[X] Gatsby cap

Because Gatsby was a fucking pimp, yo.
>> No. 8472
Hallucinations? Check. Paranoia? Check. Unresolved past? Check. Barely restrained anger? Check. Mindfuck & BAD END? Not yet, but assured.

With his pageboy cap and love for tea, all he needs is a cricket bat and he'll be the British K1. I suggest we name this protagonist "Casey".

TEAPARTY@MY HOUSE
>> No. 8473
Looks like the flat wool cap has won (a fine choice, might I add). Expect something when I tear myself away from Nico, my cousin! We see some big American teetees!
>> No. 8479
[x] Pageboy/Newsboy/Fisherman's/Gatsby cap

Yes, your stylish Newsboy cap. A nice wash and you’ll be looking as slick as ol’ Jay in no time. Only one problem: you’re not really sure about how to wash these things. Oh well, a good scrub ought to be fine. Taking it to a sink, you begin a light rinse of the cloth before giving it a good rub with the soap. Damn, almost forgot to undo the button. Ah, there we go; nice and clean. Now that the odd filth is off (where the hell do you find this stuff, Todd?), you can take a better look at it. The washing has made the once dark grey material black, but you can at least still see the tweed cloth well. Come to think of it, didn’t you buy a scarf to match the hat? May as well check to make sure.

Entering you room, you place your hat in the window to dry. Now where did you…Ah! There it is in the closet. May as well take it out, seeing as how the city has been cooling off now. Shame you can only wear this two out of the three seaso- JESUS CHRIST, WHAT THE HELL?! As you were contemplating the relative coldness of the seasons, the ripples from before suddenly invaded your vision completely. Everything looks like it was filtered through cellophane held by Michael J. Fox, so you can’t focus properly on anything. As you fall to your bed, your door slams closed and the warping vision ceases. That fucking SUCKED. Oh God, it might not be good for you, but you quickly decide another aspirin is needed.

As you make your way to the door, something feels off. “Off” meaning “cold” and “something” being your feet. Is that a breeze from the other side of the door? Opening it, you are faced with blue. Lots of blue (and some white). Poking your head out slightly, you find that you are high above what looks like a village. You retract your head into your room and close the door. Well that’s odd. You see the window out of the corner of your eye and see just more sky. Opening the door again, you see the same thing you left. That’s not real, you assure your self as you shut the door once again. Surely you just passed out from that attack on your vision and are dreaming right now. Grabbing a book, you decide to wait it out. Oh, Nakor, you and your silly oranges. How do you fit so many in that sack?



Wait, you’ve seen this on Batman’s cartoon. You can’t read in a dream because of some left/right brain jazz. As you come to this realization, you notice something else: Starting at the door, your room is slowly disappearing into that blue sky outside. Oh, hell. Seems you have enough time to grab some things before you are dropped into this new place. Grabbing your favorite coat from the closet, you take…

[] Cricket Bat
[] Jackknife
[] Paratrooper Knife
[] Cheap Katana
[] Deck of Playing Cards
[] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[] Flask (Everclear)
[] Hat
[] Scarf
[] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)
[] Notebook/Pen
[] Small Teddy Bear
[] Needle/Thread (black)
[] 2 Paperback Novels (Rage of a Demon King & The Picture of Dorian Gray)
[] Empty Glass Bottle (green)
[] Pipe and Tobacco/Cigarettes/Cigars (choose one)
[] Belt

The coat has four pockets. Two medium-sized ones on the bottom-front, one small one on the left breast, and one large one on the inside. You are wearing regular jeans. Be creative with the items and the room and you can carry more.

---
Fuck you Firefox, I'll spell grey however I damn well please.
>> No. 8483
[X] Hat
[X] Scarf

Easy choice. No pocket space required.

[X] Cricket Bat
[X] Belt

Perhaps using the belt, we could fix this on our back somehow? Y'know, like Guts' sword.

[X] Paperback (The Picture of Dorian Gray)

Large inside pocket. Dunno about "Demon King", but this is a classic, so yeah.

[X] Cigarettes

Breast pocket. Gotta have our smokes.

[X] Flask (Everclear)

Medium-sized, on whichever side our primary hand is on, in case we find ourselves in need of inebriation in a hurry.

[X] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[X] Needle/Thread (black)

Small enough, these should fit together in the other medium pocket.

[X] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)

Jeans pocket.
>> No. 8484
>>8481

>I see you enjoy Raymond E. Feist's works as well.

Indeed. It was one of my first exposures to high quality writing.
>> No. 8487
>>8483
[+] All of that, as he said
[+] ...plus the playing cards in another pocket of the jeans.
Any decent pair of jeans has five pockets - two on the seat, two in the front, and a smaller pocket above and slightly inside the right-front one.
We should have pockets to spare.

Is our wallet too much to ask for? If not, add it to the tally (and put it in a jeans pocket).

Also, equip the belt normally (i.e. via the jeans) and slip the cricket bat into it in the rear, underneath the coat.
>> No. 8488
[x] All of that, as he said
[x] ...plus the playing cards in another pocket of the jeans.
>> No. 8489
>>8487

Crap, I knew I forgot something. Your wallet is included in the list.
>> No. 8491
>Come to think of it, didn’t you buy a scarf to match the hat? May as well check to make sure.

We are card-carrying, licensed & board-certified DAPPER.

>Everything looks like it was filtered through cellophane held by Michael J. Fox

I lol'd.

>Wait, you’ve seen this on Batman’s cartoon. You can’t read in a dream because of some left/right brain jazz.

ha ha wow. I think I remember that one.

--

Jeans have five pockets. Coat has four.

[x] Hat
[x] Scarf
[x] Belt

Wearing these. +2 dapper.

[x] Cigarettes

Lucky Strike. It's an affectation, but a cool one. Place one cigarette behind the ear and the rest of the pack goes under the cap; you don't want them to get crushed. +1 dapper.

[x] Cricket Bat

Genuine willow. In hand, resting on the shoulder.

[x] Small Teddy Bear

"Teodor". Left coat pocket, his head peaking out.

[x] Paratrooper Knife

As in a gravity knife, right? I'd trust military surplus over a jackknife's stamped construction. Right coat pocket.

[x] Notebook/Pen

Notes, score-keeping, bookmaking. Large inside coat pocket.

[x] Flask (Everclear)

Metal construction might save us in case someone tries to stab or shoot us in the heart. Liquid courage. Can be used to start a fire. +1 dapper. Coat breast pocket.

[x] Needle/Thread (black)

What if one of Teodor's button-eyes comes off again? Left front pants pocket.

[x] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container

If Zippo, +1 dapper. Front right pants pocket.

[x] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)

Place watch in its proper place, the fob pocket (fifth pocket on your jeans). If there is a chain, clip it to one of your belt loops. Remember to keep it wound. +2 dapper.

[x] Wallet

What if you go to a pub and a munchkin tries to card you? Spare yourself the embarrassment. Left rear pants pocket.

[x] Deck of Playing Cards

Griftan gaems. Right rear pants pocket.
>> No. 8504
[x] Cricket Bat
[x] Paratrooper Knife
[x] Deck of Playing Cards
[x] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[x] Flask (Everclear)
[x] Hat
[x] Scarf
[x] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)
[x] Notebook/Pen
[x] Small Teddy Bear
[x] Needle/Thread (black)
[x] Cigarettes
[x] Belt
[x] Wallet

As >>8491 said we can hold all of this without pocket bulging if we hide something under our hat.

>>8495
>This is all a true man will ever need to get through the most barbaric of wastelands.
How are you gonna scale/skin & gut a fish or an animal with a bat?

>[] Belt
Besides holding your pants up, in a pinch it can be used to lash stuff together, as a arm sling, or to bind someone.

>[] Hat
>[] Scarf
It's fucking cold out. Outsiders tend to get eaten coming to Gensokyo, but you died of exposure? How embarrassing.

>[] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
>[] Flask (Everclear)
>[] Cigarettes
>[] Notebook/Pen
Fire, fire starter, and the last two can be used in lieu of shavings & tinder (e.g., if the ground is wet). The Everclear can also be used to disinfect wounds & as a painkiller.

>[] Paratrooper Knife
Locking action makes it a superior survival tool compared to the jackknife.

>[] Needle/Thread
You'll need this to stitch closed any large lacerations; the needle can be sterilized by holding it over the lighter. Additionally, you can fashion together a fishing rod by tying the thread around a stick and bending the needle.

>[] Wallet
Money to bribe Tewi. Driver's license to let Eirin know you're an organ donor.

>[] Deck of Playing Cards
>[] Small Teddy Bear
Charms for luck (read: Tewi). Take the ace of spades at the very least.
>> No. 8505
>>8504

Addendum: Showing wilderness survival preparedness is a sure way to impress Mokou.
>> No. 8506
[Q] Cricket Bat
[Q] Paratrooper Knife
[Q] Deck of Playing Cards
[Q] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[Q] Flask (Everclear)
[Q] Hat
[Q] Scarf
[Q] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)
[Q] Notebook/Pen
[Q] Small Teddy Bear
[Q] Needle/Thread (black)
[Q] Cigarettes
[Q] Belt
[Q] Wallet

Why not, assuming we can carry everything. The small teddy bear is a little questionable, but what the heck.

And is it really a good idea to tell Eirin that you're an organ donor? It could be 'creatively misinterpreted.'
>> No. 8507
[x] Cricket Bat
[x] Paratrooper Knife
[x] Deck of Playing Cards
[x] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[x] Flask (Everclear)
[x] Hat
[x] Scarf
[x] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)
[x] Notebook/Pen
[x] Small Teddy Bear
[x] Needle/Thread (black)
[x] Cigarettes
[x] Belt
[x] Wallet

As >>8491 stated.
Our dear boy shall be an over-equipped loon. Well done, well done.
>> No. 8508
[x] Cricket Bat
[x] Paratrooper Knife
[x] Deck of Playing Cards
[x] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[x] Flask (Everclear)
[x] Hat
[x] Scarf
[x] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)
[x] Notebook/Pen
[x] Small Teddy Bear
[x] Needle/Thread (black)
[x] Cigarettes
[x] Belt
[x] Wallet

Indeed.
>> No. 8510
>>8491
[x] Bandwagon to get to the next update
>> No. 8515
Awww, nobody wants to start with Molotov Cocktails? At least the cricket bat was a hit. Expect at least one update today.

Also, as I keep forgetting to mention, one should take my opening non-story posts with a grain of salt. A better idea has come to mind in terms of plot.
>> No. 8517
>>8516

Nice! Looking slightly pissed is actually quite fitting for this guy.
>> No. 8522
>>8515

Do we at least keep the awesome writing style and thought processes?

Because that's what keeps me coming back, and it'd be a shame to see them go for serious. Unless of course it's a more serious or romantic moment. Wait that means they should go for serious. Just not for, like...ever.

Yeah.
>> No. 8523
>>8522

Don't worry, the character isn't getting overhauled. Just what goes on around him.
>> No. 8524
>>8523
Just kind of figured if the things that were going on around him were overhauled, the opportunities for the delicious character to shine through would be hampered.

MAYBE I'M JUST A LITTLE PARANOID LOLZ
>> No. 8525
[x] Cricket Bat
[x] Paratrooper Knife
[x] Deck of Playing Cards
[x] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[x] Flask (Everclear)
[x] Hat
[x] Scarf
[x] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents)
[x] Notebook/Pen
[x] Small Teddy Bear
[x] Paperback (The Picture of Dorian Gray)
[x] Needle/Thread (black)
[x] Cigarettes
[x] Belt
[x] Wallet

Right O, time to suit up. Hat? Still damp, but serviceable. Scarf? Luxuriously warm. Mental state? Utterly confused and smothering your fears with bravado like a bodybuilder with a tarantula on his arm.

Let’s do this shit.

First thing’s first, time to throw on your clothing. Hat on head, scarf around neck, and belt secure on jeans. Next up is the items bound for your pockets. Knife in the right coat, flask in the breast, little Teodor in the left (you’re going on an adventure, little friend), and the notebook on the inside. Hey, there’s plenty of room left in there, so you also snag your copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray. A little classic literature never hurt anyone. In your pants, you place the lighter and fluid in the front right, the needle and thread set in the front left, wallet in the back left, and cards in the back right. You place your watch in its proper place of the small fifth jeans pocket, securing the chain to a belt loop. Next, you grab your pack of Lucky Stikes. You’ve never really been much of a smoker, but offering a smoke has always worked as a good conversation starter (except for that one time you visited California). Placing one behind your ear and putting the rest under your hat, you’re nearly ready. Only one more thing remains. That’s right, your willow cricket bat Cornelius. This old boy has serviced you well throughout the years and he will undoubtedly aid you in this new land. Now there is nothing left but to…

Holy shit, did the room just get higher? Wait, no it’s a bit lower now and isn’t it a bit more to the left? Oh goddamn it, the place is moving. The place. Is fucking. Moving. Beautiful. As you stand at the gateway from your ever-depleting room (shuffling a bit back as the opening gets too close), you find solace in the fact that the room seems to be moving in a pattern. It looks like it alternates between a farm, a kiosk, a peaked building, and a flat building. If you time it right you can make it to the…

[] Farm
[] Kiosk
[] Peaked Building
[] Flat Building

If you voted for it and it could fit, I included it.
>> No. 8527
[x] Kiosk
Where might this be, I wonder, I wonder?

>so you also snag your copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray
>The Picture of Dorian Gray
AAARRRGH!
>> No. 8528
[Q] Kiosk

You are added to my list of awesome LAs. Keep it up.
>> No. 8529
[] Kiosk
>> No. 8533
Or it could be a food kiosk.
>> No. 8536
Yo, this fine story here has a name? You don't want people to start calling it LAE#2, do you?
>> No. 8539
>>8533
>>8531

Or even a medicine kiosk.

>>8536

I've never really been too good with names. Contemplations Under the Moon and Stars?

Anyway, I'd say four is a good cutoff point here.
>> No. 8542
>Utterly confused and smothering your fears with bravado like a bodybuilder with a tarantula on his arm.
Awesome metaphor is awesome.

>Teodor
>Cornelius
I see what you did there.

>Or even a medicine kiosk.
[x] Kiosk
"Pharmacist, your best antipsychotics, please. My prescription? Allow me to introduce you to my psychiatrist: Dr. Cornelius."
>> No. 8546
[x] Kiosk

Yes, that kiosk looks just fine. Not too high up and a decent enough spot to land.
Alright, you think to yourself, let’s get dangerous.
You feel a grin form on your face from the anticipation. You are not only about to take a leap from a respectable distance up, but you are doing it into an unknown place away from everything you find comfortable (except Teodor). This shall be awesome. Placing Cornelius securely in the back of your belt, you get ready to jump. Okay, you can see the pattern clearly. The kiosk appears just after the flat building before looping back to the farm and then the peaked building. One…two…three…four.
One…two…three…FOUR!
You launch yourself from the remnants of your room into the azure sky, holding your hat in place. You briefly see a ripple from the corner of your vision, but it fades quickly enough that you pay it no mind. In fact, you doubt much of anything could bother you right now with all the adrenaline pumping through you, because holy CRAP this is higher than you thought. Okay, that’s still good. This isn’t high enough to kill you (you think). You’ll be fine as long as you don’t hit the kiosk proper. Unfortunately for you, that is exactly where you’re headed. Looks like that opening was a bit more to the left this rotation. This may very well end up sucking.

And suck it does as you go barreling feet-first into the construct. The force of your legs connecting with the roof sends you right through it and to the ground. The wood breaks your fall, but you don’t feel any better. Especially since you now seem to be sporting a left leg in a great amount of pain. Looking at it, there is a wooden shard of no petty length stuck deep in your calf and causing quite bit of blood to leak out. Before you can vocalize your displeasure, the shack’s door opens and you are greeted by the sight of a surprised young woman with…purple hair? Odder still are the rabbit ears she happens to be wearing. StraaAUGH, FUCK! Your body sends a fresh message that you are in pain. At least it still knows how to keep those nerves working (it’s the small victories, really).
“Ah, sir?”
Your attention is drawn to the rabbit woman who has made her way to your side with a small white briefcase. Must be a first aid kit.
“Just relax while I fix up your leg. It may sting a bit, but you will have to manage.”
After a few moments of removing the wood, wiping down the area with some kind of salve, stitching, and wrapping the whole mess up, your leg is looking much better. You thank the woman.
“You’re welcome, but could you answer a few questions for me?”
“Hm?”
“Who are you and why did you crash through my master’s stand?” she asks with a glare. Well would you look at that, red eyes. Is she some kind of advanced albino? Contacts, maybe? She must be dedicated to this rabbit
Still, her question is fair enough. You tell her…

Name:
[] Write in

Reason:
[] “Well, I was practicing the long jump and overdid it a bit.”
[] “The gazebo thing had it coming.”
[] “It was an accident.”

Physical Status: Pretty Good.
Mental Status: Confused, but stable.
---
>>8543

But, of course.
>> No. 8547
Also, since I’m having entirely too much fun with this, pick three traits:
[] *Basic Folklore (Japanese)- You know this and that about Japanese folklore.
[] *Apothecary- You know a bit about herbs and such. Can make a basic poultice.
[] *Demolitions- You can make basic explosives with the correct supplies.
[] *Self Defense (knife)- Using a knife, you have a general idea of where and how to strike.
[] *Self Defense (club)- Using a club, you have a basic understanding of how to properly swing and block.
[] *Self Defense (unarmed)- Using your fists and feet, you can keep yourself from getting horribly mauled in a fight.
[] Charming Devil- Your good looks and charm can help you out of sticky situations (affected by the “Dapper” stat).
[] First Aid- You can take care of common injuries.
[] Courtly Manners- Your actions are pleasing to those of the higher class.
[] Survivalist- You are somewhat adept at living in the wild.
[] Bloody Mess- When faced with large amounts of blood, you become enraged.
[] Lactose Intolerance- Milk and Dairy products are a bad choice for you. Cheese is right out.
[] Artist- You can transfer the beauty of life into drawings and paint.
[] Academic- You have a thirst for knowledge.
[] *Deadeye- Your aim is above average.
[] Desensitized- What would normally make most people squeamish is nothing for you.

A * indicates a trait that can level up.


Why, yes I do enjoy RPGs. Can you tell?
>> No. 8555
[x] Mr. Archwood Leanback
Reason:
[x] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
[x] *Self Defense (knife)- Using a knife, you have a general idea of where and how to strike.
[x] *Self Defense (club)- Using a club, you have a basic understanding of how to properly swing and block.
[X] Desensitized- What would normally make most people squeamish is nothing for you.

Eh. I've got nothing.
>> No. 8559
"Archwood" as a first name feels really out of place here. Can we ease off on the references before we start naming NPCs "Lyle" and "Todd" and this turns into some kind of mangled half-crossover?

Saving my vote until someone thinks of a better name.

[x] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."

[x] *Self Defense (knife)- Using a knife, you have a general idea of where and how to strike.
Definitely need some kind of physical defense skill.

[x] Charming Devil- Your good looks and charm can help you out of sticky situations (affected by the “Dapper” stat).
Honestly, this has saved more of our protagonists' lives than self-defense.

[x] Academic- You have a thirst for knowledge.
Works whether we're staying at Eientei studying medicine, or at Keine's chatting about history.

Might as well start with the skills that are generally useful, and save the more specialized ones until we see how things are turning out.
>> No. 8560
>[] Lactose Intolerance- Milk and Dairy products are a bad choice for you. Cheese is right out.
Hmmm, since this attribute is negative, if we pick it do we get an extra trait point to--

Whoops! Sorry, my min-maxing got away from me for a second there.

[x] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
[x] *Self Defense (unarmed)
[x] Survivalist
[x] Desensitized

Heck yeah, unarmed combat. Nothing like force redirection to keep a superhuman punch from smashing your face in.
>> No. 8561
[x] "Casey Mills, but my friends call me KC."
[x] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
[x] *Self Defense (club)
[x] Charming Devil
[x] Desensitized

>[] *Self Defense (club)- Using a club, you have a basic understanding of how to properly swing and block.

We'll be "practicing our swing" quite a bit. Increases chance of a "SMAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!" hit.

>[] Charming Devil- Your good looks and charm can help you out of sticky situations (affected by the “Dapper” stat).

Dappermancer build. I have no regrets, this is my only path.

>[] Desensitized- What would normally make most people squeamish is nothing for you.

Past trauma & under-treated psychoses have left you in a permanent dissociative state. You can maintain your propriety in the most alien of conditions. (Preventing certain negative circumstance modifiers to Dapperness.)

>you don’t feel any better.

FFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 8562
>>8558

Me likey.

>>8559

This shall be addressed. I was thinking of cutting back on the references, anyway. It's a crutch that I need to kick out from under my arm.

>Todd

...Well at least there isn't a Lyle.
>> No. 8564
Since we can't agree on a name and someone's already blowing whistles on what we should not name our character, I vote that we either remain anonymous or our resident writefag here names the protagonist himself.

Just saying.
>> No. 8568
>>8562

The Achewood-specific references made so far are fine and suitably understated; just be sure to show restraint toward introducing any more.

"Teodor" was a serendipitous write-in on Anon's part; I wasn't even thinking of "Todd" that way, even though it fits in retrospect.

The other references are good, though. Sorry, Michael: Parkinson's can be funny.
>> No. 8569
Name:
[X] Christopher Twelvetrees
(Alternatively, Alain... something.)

Reason:
[X] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
(Heh.)

Traits:
[X] *Self Defense (club)- Using a club, you have a basic understanding of how to properly swing and block.
[X] Charming Devil- Your good looks and charm can help you out of sticky situations (affected by the “Dapper” stat).
[X] Lactose Intolerance- Milk and Dairy products are a bad choice for you. Cheese is right out.
(I'm curious about that last one. It must be there for a reason...)

>>8496
Gallifrenymous?
>> No. 8570
>>8564

The characterization needed for an appropriate name is already being imagined in the hivemind. Give it time to congeal.

Unless you'd prefer to be stuck with an appellation like "Hercules Rockefeller" or "Gandalfi Van Halen" only to find out later it's utterly unsuitable for the protagonist.
>> No. 8571
>>8569
>[X] Lactose Intolerance- Milk and Dairy products are a bad choice for you. Cheese is right out.

Because of you, this obvious red herring is now being taken into consideration.
>> No. 8574
[X] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."

[X] *Demolitions- You can make basic explosives with the correct supplies.
[X] *Self Defense (club)- Using a club, you have a basic understanding of how to properly swing and block.
[X] Desensitized- What would normally make most people squeamish is nothing for you.

Would like to add Charming Devil to this list, but these three take the top of my interest. Desensitized will help us keep our cool in any case. And how could explosives NOT be useful?
>> No. 8578
>>8574
>And how could explosives NOT be useful?

Simple: When you don't have them.
>> No. 8579
File 121783862947.jpg - (7.55KB , 150x150 , hercule.jpg ) [iqdb]
8579
>>8571
Then my work here is done.

>>8573
No, wait. NOW my work here is done.
>> No. 8582
>>8573

Poirot is awesome. Maybe another time, friend.
>> No. 8607
[]Gregory Brenton.

It just sorta clicked.

[X] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."

[x] *Self Defense (club)- Using a club, you have a basic understanding of how to properly swing and block

[x] Charming Devil- Your good looks and charm can help you out of sticky situations (affected by the “Dapper” stat).


[x] Academic- You have a thirst for knowledge.

[X] Check racial abilities (Dapper)
>> No. 8623
[+] "Casey Mills, but my friends call me KC."
[+] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
[+] *Self Defense (club)
[+] Charming Devil
[+] Desensitized
>> No. 8627
Name tallies thus far:
>[] Mr. Archwood Leanback
>>8553>>8555
Total 2
>[] Casey "KC" Mills (cf. Keiichi "K1" Maebara)
>>8561>>8623
Total 2
>[] Mr. Thomson Gazebo
>>8554
Total 1
>[] James Bond (Played by Roger Moore)
>>8557
Total 1
>[] Christopher Twelvetrees (Campion detective novels)
>>8569
Total 1
>[] Gregory Brenton
>>8607
Total 1
>> No. 8630
[x] Mr. Archwood Leanback
[x] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
[x] *Self Defense (knife)- Using a knife, you have a general idea of where and how to strike.
[x] *Self Defense (club)- Using a club, you have a basic understanding of how to properly swing and block.
[X] Desensitized- What would normally make most people squeamish is nothing for you.
>> No. 8631
Trait tallies thus far:
>[] *Self Defense(club)
>>8553>>8555>>8561>>8569>>8574>>8607>>8623>>8630
Total 8
>[] Charming Devil
>>8557>>8559>>8561>>8569>>8607>>8623
Total 6
>[] Desensitized
>>8553>>8555>>8560>>8561>>8574>>8623>>8630
Total 7
>[] *Self Defense (knife)
>>8553>>8555>>8557>>8559>>8630
Total 5
*Self Defense (club), Desensitized wins by first-to-seven metric.
Desensitized, Charming Devil, *Self Defense (club) win by first-to-five metric.
Desensitized, Charming Devil, *Self Defense (knife) win by first-to-three metric.
>> No. 8633
[x] "Casey Mills, but my friends call me KC."
[x] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
[x] *Self Defense (club)
[x] Charming Devil
[x] Desensitized

Changing vote again because any name is better than Archwood.
>> No. 8634
>>8631
>>8627

Well that's quite convenient. So, the skills and response have been locked in. As for the name, I'll flip a coin. Something shall come today.

>>8564

Looks like you were right after all.
>> No. 8642
>>8578
The skill is in making them, durr.

>>8641
To what? Wiki and google are giving me nothing conclusive. The only reference I know of is the Higurashi parody dub.

Adding:
[X] "Casey Mills, but my friends call me KC."
to my vote at >>8574
>> No. 8644
[$] *Demolitions- You can make basic explosives with the correct supplies.
Derka Derka Muhammad Jihad.
[$] Desensitized- What would normally make most people squeamish is nothing for you.
Were you in Nam?
[$] Deadeye- Your aim is above average.
You feeling lucky, punk?
>> No. 8645
>>8641

It might be a reference, but it's to an obscure fanwork. That, and I'd rather have everyone refer to the protagonist as "KC" than as "Archwood".

Seriously, "Archwood Leanback"? That name sounds more like it belongs on a list of rejected MMORPG names than to an actual person.
>> No. 8646
>>8641

If it makes you feel any better, it's also a reference to the famous poem "Casey at the Bat"
>> No. 8650
>>8645

Or a Louisiana pimp.

Either way, the coin flips have it. The visage of Uriel Septim has decreed in two out of three flips that the dapper young gentleman shall be named "Casey Mills."

Still writing, by the way. Won't be too long now.
>> No. 8653
[x] *Self Defense
Club- Apprentice
Knife- Novice
[x] Charming Devil
[x] Desensitized

[x] "Casey Mills, but my friends call me KC."
[x] "Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."

“Well, first off, the name’s Casey Mills, but my friends call me KC.”
“Isn’t that obvious?” She asks with a look of confusion.
“What is?”
“Your name is Casey and your friends call you Casey. Wouldn’t that be the same for anyone?”
Looks like she didn’t catch the inflection. You explain that you meant the letters and repeat your nickname with added stress.
“Oh, my mistake.” She says with a slight laugh and a smile. Remembering herself, she fixes her face with a glare again; only this time a slight blush accompanies it. Pity. Her smile was kind of cute. “So why did you trash my master’s stand?”
“Long story short, I think a wizard did it. I don't think I'm making it up this time either."
“A wizard? Do you mean you lost at Danmaku?”
“Bless you.”
“Huh?”
“Nevermind, what’s this Danmaku stuff you mentioned?”
“You mean you don’t know? Wha-“ The bunny girl takes a better look at your clothes. An expression of surprise brightens her features. “Oh! You’re an outsider! I’m sorry for giving you a hard time like that, I thought you were another villager at first glance.” She stands up and offers you a shallow bow. You nod in acceptance.
“Alright, now if you could just sit there for now I can take a look at what was damaged from your fall.” Aside from yourself? Well, accident or no accident you still busted up her master’s stall. You do as she says and she busies herself with checking about the room. This might get boring after a while, so you…

[] Look at the room
[] Look at her
[] Try to make conversation
---
Well, that was a long wait for such little content.
>> No. 8654
[] Look at the room
>> No. 8656
[x] Look at the room
[x] Look at her
[x] Try to move your leg
[x] Ask if there's any way you could help clean up
[x] Inventory check
>> No. 8661
[x] Look at her
[x] Try to make conversation
[x] "Is Danmaku a game wizards play? Because I don't remember reading about that in the story books."
[x] "Hey, why are you wearing rabbit ears?"
>> No. 8666
[x] Look at her
[x] Try to make conversation
[x] "Is Danmaku a game wizards play? Because I don't remember reading about that in the story books."
[x] "Hey, why are you wearing rabbit ears?"

Changing vote a little.
>> No. 8668
{X} Look at her
{X} Try to make conversation
{X} "Is Danmaku a game wizards play? Because I don't remember reading about that in the story books."
{X} "Hey, why are you wearing rabbit ears?"
>> No. 8674
[x] Look at her
[x] Try to make conversation
[x] "Is Danmaku a game wizards play? Because I don't remember reading about that in the story books."
[x] "Hey, why are you wearing rabbit ears?"

What I've read here alone has redeemed /eientei/ twice over.
No offense to QWL; I haven't read his stuff yet.
>> No. 8675
[x] Look at her
[x] Try to make conversation
[x] "Is Danmaku a game wizards play? Because I don't remember reading about that in the story books."
[x] "Hey, why are you wearing rabbit ears?"
>> No. 8676
Alright, conversation makin' gaems has won. I'll post something tomorrow (and try to give you more than one update).

>>8670

Looking pretty Technicolor, there.

>>8653

Ugh, reading that dialog is painful. I just might bring a rewrite of that when I return. For now, I'll see you guys tomorrow (or later today, depending on your timezone).
>> No. 8705
File 121798635954.jpg - (30.37KB , 295x500 , 120864262290.jpg ) [iqdb]
8705
[x] Look at her
[x] Try to make conversation
[x] "Is Danmaku a game wizards play? Because I don't remember reading about that in the story books."
[x] "Hey, why are you wearing rabbit ears?"

You take the opportunity to get a better look at her features. Her face is set in concentration, so she probably won’t notice your gaze. She’s wearing a skirt and blazer combination that looks somewhat like a uniform, especially with that yellow moon clip on the pink tie she is wearing. All in all, she looks like an office lady. Well, except for that fuzzy tail peeking from the top of her skirt, but you’re not surprised (what with those ears and all). You can’t help but wonder why they’re so wrinkly like that. Maybe they’re fresh from the wash? You can’t see the hair band for them, but you assume those buttons connect them to her hair somehow. Speaking of her hair, it falls neatly to the small of her back. Training your gaze further down, you notice something quite apparent. Due to your relative positions in the kiosk, you have a pretty stellar view of her legs. Damn, those things could wrap around you twice. If you angle your head a bit further down, you could just barely see… No, best to nip that train of thought in the bud. Taking your mind off her assets, you try to break the relative silence.
“So, you mentioned something called Danmaku?”
“Yes, I did.” She says whilst looking at a small bottle. Seems you only have about half of her attention. That’ll have to do.
“Is that a game wizards play? Because I don’t remember reading about that in the story books.”
She pauses for a moment. “That’s…actually a good summary of what it is. In a little bit more detail, the two ‘wizards’ throw spells at each other until one of them runs out or gets hit by a spell too many times. The best part is that it is one hundred percent non-lethal.”
“Sounds like the wizards have a lot of fun here.”
“Well, it’s not just the wizards that play it. Pretty much everyone here can shoot at least basic spells.” Well that’s a surprise.
“So, does that mean you play it too?”
She stops inspecting the merchandise for a moment to turn and give you a playful grin. Without warning she tosses an empty bottle in the air and makes a gun-like gesture to it with her hand. From the “barrel” a white piece of tapered chalk shoots out and collides with the bottle in a flash of light. You applaud and she gives you an exaggerated curtsey.
“Does that answer your question?” She asks with a sweet smile.
“Completely.” Truth be told, you were expecting a carrot, but chalk is also good. Hey, that’s right. As she turns to go over the damage once again, you bring up another question.
“Hey, why are you wearing rabbit ears?”
“Because I’m a rabbit.” She didn’t even miss a beat.
“Huh, is that so?”
“So it is.”
“And those buttons?”
“Earrings. They were a gift from my master when I went under her service.”
Again with that master stuff (shouldn’t she be saying mistress?). The thought of her shuffling around a lab shouting, “Yes, master!” Igor-style invades your mind. The hunchback look really wouldn’t suit her. Before you can ponder her situation further, the rabbit woman makes for the door.
“Well, I’d love to stay and chat, but I must tell my master about this. You should be back to normal soon, but if your leg keeps bothering you my master is a great doctor. Just get a guide for the bamboo forest and ask to go to Eientei. Goodbye, Mr. Mills.”
“See you, Madame Bunny.”
She hesitates for a moment and looks back to you. “Call me Reisen.”
“See you, Reisen.”
Se smiles and exits the shack.
Well, you should probably get going yourself. Can’t exactly set yourself is this place as you home, now can you? Well, you could, but that would cause more problems that it would solve. You become acutely aware that Reisen didn’t tell you anything about where you are. That could be a bit of a problem. Using the shelves to stand, you test your leg out. Still hurts when you put weight on it, but you could probably limp around. Wait a second, inspiration! Cornelius! It’s just about right to use as a cane. Old friend, you continue to help. Well, time to move.

Exiting the kiosk, you find yourself in something akin to a town square. A small crowd has gathered around the shack. There are three roads leading from this area. One to a heavily populated area, one to a rather empty area, and one to a gate. Now, where to go?

[] Ask someone from the crowd
[] Populated
[] Empty
[] Gate
---
Inventory coming in a little bit.
>> No. 8708
[x]Populated

We need targets to charm.
>> No. 8710
[x] Ask Teodor where we should go.
>> No. 8711
[x] Cricket Bat (Cornelius) [Equipped]: A fine club and an equally fine cane.
[x] Paratrooper Knife
[x] Deck of Playing Cards
[x] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container
[x] Flask (Everclear)
[x] Hat [Equipped]: +2 Dapper.
[x] Scarf [Equipped]: +1 Dapper. Slightly frayed through contact with kiosk roof.
[x] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents) [Equipped]: +3 Dapper
[x] Notebook/Pen
[x] Small Teddy Bear (Teodor) [Equipped]
[x] Paperback (The Picture of Dorian Gray)
[x] Needle/Thread (black)
[x] Cigarettes (–1 Cigarette): The one behind the ear is nowhere to be found.
[x] Belt [Equipped]: +1 Dapper
[x] Wallet
[x] Shard of Wood (Bloody): Removed from leg. Hurt like a bitch.
>> No. 8715
>>8711
>[x] Cigarettes (–1 Cigarette): The one behind the ear is nowhere to be found.

[x] The loss of your cigarette has made you angry; calm down by lighting one from the pack and smoking it.
[x] Check the time
[x] Drop "Shard of Wood (Bloody)"
[x] Sit down on the nearest bench and start reading Dorian Gray; surely, someone important will come up to talk to you.
>> No. 8716
Fuck yes. We will win over Reisen with our overwhelming aura of DAPPER.
>> No. 8726
>>8720

Hooray! It took me a second to recognize the popsicle as the cricket bat.
>> No. 8730
[X] Nonchalantly smile and tip your cap to the assembled rubberneckers. "Afternoon."
[X] Stride off towards the gate.
>> No. 8731
[+] Check the time
[+] Drop "Shard of Wood (Bloody)"
[+] Sit down on the nearest bench and start reading Dorian Gray; surely, someone important will come up to talk to you.
Wish she'd have thought to give us some painkillers or summat.
>> No. 8734
Well, we fell from the sky, crashed through a building, met a bunny girl, and now stand in front of a crowd of people. Charismatic, yet aloof, our course our action in this situation is leave a good first impression in manner that suggests effortlessness.

[x] Drop "Shard of Wood (Bloody)"
[x] Check the time on your pocket watch and compare it to the sun's position to see if you're still in the same time zone. If not, set the watch to guesstimated local time.
[x] The loss of your cigarette has made you angry; calm down by lighting one from the pack and smoking it.
[x] Dismiss the stares with a tip of your hat--you won't be bothered by a bunch of hooligans wearing bathrobes.
[x] Sit down on the nearest bench (or any other advantageous loitering spot: fountain ledge, monument, barrel, etc.), place Teodor on your lap, and start reading Dorian Gray to him; surely, someone important will come up to talk to you.
>> No. 8735
>>8734
[ ] This
>> No. 8737
[x] Populated

Explore the strange land, or read Dorian Gray?
My choice is clear.
>> No. 8738
[x] Drop "Shard of Wood (Bloody)"
[x] Check the time on your pocket watch and compare it to the sun's position to see if you're still in the same time zone. If not, set the watch to guesstimated local time.
[x] Dismiss the stares with a tip of your hat--you won't be bothered by a bunch of hooligans wearing bathrobes.
[x] Head to the populated area.
>> No. 8743
[x] Check the time: 6 votes.
[x] Drop "Shard of Wood (Bloody)": 6 votes
[x] Smoke: 3 votes
[x] Tip 'O the hat: 3 votes
[x] Read to Teodor: 3 votes
[x] Read to self: 2 votes
[x] Populated: 3 votes
[x] Gate: 1 vote

Well, the ultimate destination seems pretty tied up. I prefer to go by majority, but first to three will have to do if I want to make another update tonight/today/whatever. Writing now.
>> No. 8746
>>8742
>I think we're going to run out of cigarettes soon.
>Time to kick the habit.

No, it's cool. We can bum some off of Mokou.
>> No. 8749
[x] Check the time
[x] Drop "Shard of Wood (Bloody)"
[x] Ask someone from the crowd which ways lead to what. You can tell them you're lost.
>> No. 8752
>>8715
>>8734
>>8735
>>8742
>>8746
I like how all these people have completely forgotten this:
>You’ve never really been much of a smoker, but offering a smoke has always worked as a good conversation starter (except for that one time you visited California).
>> No. 8754
[x] Drop "Shard of Wood (Bloody)"
[x] Check the time
[x] Dismiss the stares with a tip of your hat.
[x] The loss of your cigarette has made you angry; calm down by lighting one from the pack and smoking it.
[x] Sit down on the nearest bench, place Teodor on your lap, and start reading Dorian Gray to him; surely, someone important will come up to talk to you.

First off, time to get rid of this hunk of wood. You give it a toss with your free hand and a couple of the crowd’s members give you an odd stare. Guess they noticed the blood. Well, if they won’t raise any fuss, why should you? One would think someone would try to ask if you’re all right or where the blood is from, but if they want to be rude bastards who are you to judge? Fuckers.
Pushing away that thought, you pull out your watch. As you do so, you hear a man grunt favorably and you look at him. He seems to be a man about your age wearing a bronze necklace and a silver ring. He gestures at your watch and gives you a thumbs-up that you return. Looks like this isn’t the dimension of dick heads. You return your attention to your watch and notice it’s still running off that winding you gave it yesterday. Got to love clockwork. Looking at the positions of the hands, you see it’s five past eight-‘o clock p.m. The position of the sun says your watch is a damn liar, so you adjust it so the little sun on the watch’s face is in the same position as the real sun. Half past eight a.m. Yeah, you can go with that. Well, time for a change in scenery. With a tip of your hat to the group of people, you go on your merry way.

It just so happens that your merry way is to the benches not even a block off from where you were. You reach behind your ear for your cigarette, but realize it’s not there. Well that’s irritating. You just jumped from a damn wormhole that ate your room like a very hungry caterpillar, and you can’t even keep hold of a little thing like that? Real damn nice. Grabbing the pack from under your hat, you pull out a new tobacco stick. Time to indulge in a rare treat for yourself. You put the cigarette to your lips and bring out your lighter. Giving the flint a couple grinds against the wheel, a flame soon comes to life. Bringing the flame to the fag’s tip, you absently wonder if the crowd is still there. Looking up, you confirm that most have left to do other business (probably to stare at another veck). Well then, if they want to look at the weird outsider, you may as well give them something to look at. You pull Teodor out of your pocket, set him on your lap, and begin to reach into your inner jacket pocket. Ah, there it is. The Picture of Dorian Gray. Well, little bear, time for a story. You open the novel to about the halfway point and begin reading to your friend. Reading this book, you imagine that it would suck to be like D.G. Basically immortal due to an impulsive wish and spending his days in a decadent spiral. Sounds pretty crappy.

After a few moments of awkwardness, Mr. Bling from earlier walks over to you. Noticing his approach, you close your book and give him your attention.
He makes an inquisitive stare at the bear and you respond with a shrug.
He smiles and then motions to the spot next to you.
You gesture to it with an open palm.
He takes a seat and waves over to a rather mousy-looking girl by the now uninterested crowd. She hurriedly makes her way to his side opposite you and clings to his arm. The bejeweled young man speaks.
“Name’s Sen. This is my girl Miyuki.” At the mention of “my girl,” the young woman blushes.
You doff your hat. “Casey. Nice to meet you.”
“Same. So, just dropped in?”
“You could say that.”
“I did say that.”
“Care to say anything else?” This guy is getting on your nerves a bit.
“How about I say a few things about where you are?”
“I’d say go ahead.”
“Before that, one thing.”
“Oh?”
“Come drinking with me and Miyuki here. An outsider like you could do with a friend, right?”

Well, you’re presented with an interesting choice here. Either learn about this wizard land second hand, or wing it and forge your own path. You’re getting odd vibes from this guy, but you can’t tell if it’s good or bad. You decide to…

[] Accept
[] Decline.
---
I was about to name them Keitaro and Shinobu, but it didn’t feel right.
>> No. 8756
[x] "Maybe a rain check on that, mate. I plan to follow the White Rabbit, if you know what I mean."

This guy's is a predator; he's trying to steal our watch to add to his own bling collection.
>> No. 8758
[] Accept
>>This guy's is a predator; he's trying to steal our watch to add to his own bling collection.

We can take 'im, these coarse ruffins will quail when faced with dapper brutality.

>>Reading this book, you imagine that it would suck to be like D.G. Basically immortal due to an impulsive wish and spending his days in a decadent spiral. Sounds pretty crappy.

Take THAT Kaguya.
>> No. 8759
>>8758

What about his four buddies waiting outside the back of the bar with clubs? We got a limp.

This guy is too greasy to make a good contact, and I don't see meeting Keine, Mokou, or Reisen in a bar.

Anyway it's hard to look dapper when you're drunk.
>> No. 8763
>>8761
>White Rabbit
>get some tail

oh u
>> No. 8764
[ ] Decline: "Were this any other time, rest assured, I would gladly take you up on your offer."

And then maybe ask where the fuck we are.
>> No. 8765
[ ] Decline: "Were this any other time, rest assured, I would gladly take you up on your offer."
>> No. 8769
[+] Accept
Just do it already.
>> No. 8773
[♣] "Maybe a rain check on that, mate. I plan to follow the White Rabbit, if you know what I mean."
>> No. 8778
I hate to say this, but I'm afraid the possibility of updates is very low today. You know when you drive to a new area and adjust your radio in search of a passable station, but find a lot of static and crap? That's how my head feels.
>> No. 8780
[x] Decline: "Were this any other time, rest assured, I would gladly take you up on your offer."

Foooooom
>> No. 8810
Decline has won. Writing now.
>> No. 8823
File 121817813677.jpg - (49.56KB , 400x556 , 601e8c03f78c4ee23accdc52b38f365f.jpg ) [iqdb]
8823
[x] Decline: "Were this any other time, rest assured, I would gladly take you up on your offer."

“I’m afraid I’ll have to decline for now. Were this any other time, rest assured, I would gladly take you up on your offer."
“Ah, I get you. Just got here and now you want to check it out yourself. Good thinking!” Sen says with a grin. “Since that’s a halfway yes, I’ll go ahead and tell you what ‘here’ is. As of right now you are sitting in the Human Village of Gensokyo, land of heroes and magic!” Sounds like the back cover of a dime store fantasy novel, but you let him continue.
“This is the hotspot of human activity in the entire land. There are only about three humans who don’t live here, and they’re strange in their own ways.”
“Neat.”
“Isn’t it? Now, you see down that way? The area with all the people? That’s the market district where you can buy a huge variety of stuff. Food, clothes, accessories, weapons, you name it. There is some stuff you can’t get there, but for that you could probably go to Kourindou. I wouldn’t suggest it, though. The guy who owns it is a real weirdo and you’d probably get attacked by youkai on the way.” You recall something about a pot and a kettle, but a more pressing matter comes to mind.
“Youkai? Is that some kind of monster?” You ask.
“Hell yes it is! They’ll kill you, eat you, suck the marrow from your bones, and –“
“Um, Sen?” The meek voice of Miyuki cuts him off. Huh, you had completely forgotten about her.
“Huh? What is it?”
“Please stop trying to scare him.”
You mouth your thanks to her. His act wasn’t working, but you appreciate the sentiment.
“Bah, that’s no fun. Oh well, since the lovely lady protests, I’ll tell it straight.” Again the quiet girl blushes at the compliment. You wonder how such a mousy girl hooked up with this ham, but you leave it alone.
“Okay, only some of the youkai are like that. Most just like to mess with humans since if they all hunted us there wouldn’t be any left. I’m not really sure what they do instead of eating humans, but I guess they just eat regular food. I’ve never really gone to lunch with any of them, you know? Some of them hang around and even live in the village, but that’s pretty rare. You should still be careful when outside the walls. The younger types don’t care about that balance stuff and will eat you without a second thought. Either way, If you want to leave you just have to walk out that huge gate over there.”
“So, avoid monsters in diapers. Got it.” You say facetiously.
“Pretty much. Now, you see that empty area over there? That’s where the school and inn are. Not much to do there aside from having a place to sleep if you have the money. Just past that is where the different workshops are. You can probably find some work there if you ask around. My dad has his forge in that area, but I wouldn’t advise working for him. Not only is he a real hardass, but we have enough new guys as is.” He begins to rise from the bench with Miyuki in tow. “Speaking of the old man, I should probably go back over there and make sure he hasn’t killed those newbies. Any time you want to take me up on the drinking, just swing by the shop. It’s the one with the horseshoe on the sign. Later, Case.”
“Goodbye.” Adds Miyuki.
You wave a goodbye to both and return to your book as they leave. Strange guy. A bit on the verbose side, but he seems alright.

Not five seconds later, he returns.
“I almost forgot! If you have any more questions, you should go see Miss Kamishirasawa. She’s the teacher at the school and you can find her by the silly lunchbox hat she wears.”
“Now, whose hat is silly?” Sen’s face visibly pales as you hear an unfamiliar voice from behind you. He lets out a nervous laugh before rushing off.
You turn around to see who scared him and are faced with an impressive pair of breasts at your eye-level. Wow, her mom must have fed her right growing up. Raising your vision from the twins, you are met by a face surrounded by bluish-white hair and topped with a boxy hat. This must be Miss Kamasawablabla or whatever Sen said her name was.
She stares at you for a moment before giving you a warm smile.
“Hello, I’m Keine Kamishirasawa, the woman Sen was no doubt referring to.” She says with a bow.
You place your items in their respective pockets and rise to your feet and bat.
“Good day, I’m Casey Mills. A pleasure to meet you.” You say with a tip of your hat.
“A pleasure indeed. I take it you are the one I heard about? The outsider who fell through the medicine shack?”
“That’s me.”
“Well, I was going to offer to tell you about Gensokyo, but I assume Sen has already taken care of that?”
“Yes, for the most part.”
“That’s a bit of a problem. I can’t in good conscience let you run about the village with such a shaky grasp on what’s here.” A thoughtful look crosses her face. “I don’t teach today, so I could show you around the village if you want. Or perhaps I could take you to a café and answer any questions Sen may have passed over. Whichever you decide.”

Looks like the decision is up to you. You decide to…

[] Check out the village with Keine
[] Go to a café
[] Something else entirely.
---
Five and a half hours later, an update!
>> No. 8828
[x] Go to a café

We got the basic layout of the village, now we need to find out more about how things work in Gensokyo. Also, it'll be easier to flirt.
>> No. 8829
[x] Check out the village with Keine
[x] Invite her to the café
>> No. 8836
[x] Go to a café

Maybe Keine can tell us about the Wizard That Did It, and teach us how to play Paintba-err, Danmaku.
>> No. 8846
[] Go to a café, but check out the more important highlights of the village by asking to take the long route.

>>8823
>There are only about three humans who don’t live here, and they’re strange in their own ways.”
Sakuya, Marisa, and Sanae?
>> No. 8848
[x]Go to a café.
[x]Compliment her hat.

Put that dapperness to use.
>> No. 8853
I can go with the flow.

[x]Go to a café.

Don't say it doesn't matter,
matter any more.
>> No. 8861
[+] Go to a café, but check out the more important highlights of the village by asking to take the long route.
Seems like the most eventful way of doing things, in a non-dangerous fashion.
>> No. 8864
[x] Check the time, you dapper compulsive you.
[x] "I've haven't had my tea yet, and Teodor was likely getting bored with my reading."
[x] Go to a café.

awesome.jpg

>vegemite

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 8866
It's unanimous, then. To the cafe you go. Writing now, but I have a friend over. Blame any lateness on him.
>> No. 8885
>diapers

We don't say diapers in Britain/Ireland. We say nappies.
>> No. 8886
>>8885

Noted. I've been trying to keep which exact English speaking country Casey is from vague, but my knowledge of British/Irish terms is sadly lacking.

Also, sorry about the MIA updates. Hanging out and playing Brawl until the sun comes up isn't exactly conducive to creative writing. Monday would probably be your best bet for updates, since the aforementioned friend is probably coming right back over today. Unless I get hit by sudden inspiration, of course. For now, a sleepy and apologetic Harker is signing off.
>> No. 8940
>>8886

What about today?
>> No. 8941
>>8940

Damn, you saw through my faulty logic! Working on it now (seriously this time).
>> No. 8943
>>8941
Whatever you say there, chap.
>> No. 8949
[x] Go to a café

The mention of the café reminds you of a very important fact: you haven’t had your tea today! Oh, bless you kind woman! Today shall be a good day. Composing yourself, you respond.
“I believe the café would be a splendid idea. I haven’t had my tea yet, and Teodor was likely getting bored with my reading.”
“Teodor?” Keine asks with her head cocked slightly to the side. It reminds you of that doctor from the cartoon about the wallaby. While thinking that, you take the bear from your pocket and show it to her. She covers a small giggle with her hand.
“Oh, hello little one. Pleased to meet you.” She says while making an exaggerated bow.
Cute. You push Teodor’s back so he returns it. She straightens herself and looks to you.
“Well, since it’s decided, would you mind taking the longer route? I’d still like to show you some of the sights on the way. We have plenty of daylight left.”
You take a moment to put away Teodor and take out your watch. Only about fifteen minutes have passed. “I don’t see why not.”
“Then let’s get going.”
You follow her as she sets off towards the market area.

Wow, Sen did not do this area justice with his brief explanation. Seems that he failed to mention just how loud and fast-paced everything is. On your left you pass two old women arguing about who rightfully owns a sheet of cloth and from some unknown area the smells from a grilled meat stand mix with those of a perfume shop. Combined with seeing the bright colors of the myriad signs and feeling people constantly bumping into you, all but one of your senses have been stimulated and you’re saving that one for the café. Wait, is that a maid over there? Huh, frills and everything. Not the strangest thing you’ve seen so far here, but still surprising. You can tell Keine is trying to say a few things, but you can barely understand her amidst the dull roar. Giving up, she takes you down an alley to a much quieter place. She begins to talk.
“So, as you’ve probably guessed by now, market day is rather busy.”
“No kidding.”
“Yes, people from all three districts come here on this day to buy groceries and such.”
“Districts?” You ask as you pass a dragon statue.
“I’ll explain a bit more later. For now, would you look at the statue we just passed?”
“Yeah?”
“It predicts tomorrow’s weather. Nearly everyone believes it is magic, but I’ve recently learned that it might in actuality be Kappa technology. I haven’t looked into it yet, so I don’t really know which is true.”
“Well, that’s certainly convenient.”
“It is, when the prediction is correct. Well, let’s continue.”

The rest of the way is much less interesting but is educational. This pillar was made to commemorate that event, that shop owner’s daughter is a well-known thief, easy stuff like that. As you reach the café, you’re pretty sure you can make your way around this part of the village without getting lost. Entering the building, Keine quickly finds an open table and sits down with you following behind. How simple the place looks and the relative lack of people strike you as quaint compared to the coffee shops you’ve been to. It carries a certain charm to it, especially with the various pastries lined up next to an oven in full view. A middle-aged woman wanders over to take your orders.
“I will have a slice of cake and the usual tea.” Saith Keine.
“Strawberry cake, right?” the waitress asks. After receiving a nod of confirmation, she turns to you.
“What kind of black tea do you have?”
“We have Lapsang Souchong, Assam, and Ceylon.” Not too shabby of a selection.
“I’ll go with the Lapsang Souchong. And what kind of biscuits do you have?”
“Only sweetmeal, I’m afraid.”
“That will do just fine.”
“Okay, I’ll be back in a bit.” The waitress saunters off to the back. After a few moments, you break the silence.
“So, I was going to say this earlier, but I didn’t want to interrupt your tour: your hat looks rather good on you.” Keine noticeably blushes.
“Thank you, that’s very kind to say.”
“And I mean it. It frames your face well with your hair.”
“Alright, enough of that.” She says with a smile. “I’m sure you have some questions to ask me about this place.”

Ah, she has you there. It’d be best to ask her about…

[] Youkai
[] How do I shoot Danmaku?
[] Herself
[] This village.
[] This land
[] How the hell you got here.
---
Damn, missed the today mark by seven minutes.
>> No. 8950
[X] Youkai
[X] How do I shoot Danmaku?
[X] Herself
[X] This village.
[X] This land
[X] How the hell you got here.

C'mon, you had to expect this. I mean, really.
>> No. 8951
[X] This land
[X] Youkai
[X] This village.
[X] Herself
[X] How the hell you got here.
[X] How do I shoot Danmaku?

In that order. First two are most important, third is a good segue into asking about herself. She might not be able to answer the last two, they could even be left out if necessary.
>> No. 8953
{X} This land
{X} Youkai
{X} This village.
{X} Herself
>> No. 8954
[x] This land
[x] Youkai
[x] Herself
[x] How the hell you got here.
[x] How do I shoot Danmaku?

Meh, to asking about the human village.
>> No. 8955
[x] This land
[x] Youkai
[x] This village.
[x] Herself
[x] How the hell you got here. Does she know about The Wizard That Did It?
[x] How do I shoot Danmaku? We had a similar concept of a game on the outside. We called it "Paintball".
>> No. 8956
[X] Youkai
[X] How do I shoot Danmaku?
[X] Herself
[X] This village.
[X] This land
[X] How the hell you got here.
>> No. 8957
>>8952
>>The Danmaku option, to be honest, doesn't seem so...go-with-it. Take things as they come, you know?

Clearly you aren't thinking of combinding criket with Danmaku
>> No. 8961
>>8957

gb2 writing, Scorn
>> No. 8962
[X] This land
[X] Youkai
[X] This village.
[X] Herself

>>8957
Danmaku reflection? Now there's a nasty power.
>> No. 8966
>[] Youkai
>[] How the hell you got here.
>[] How do I shoot Danmaku?

Now that we've had our tea, our paranoia is soothed and ugly matters bear no weight.

[X] This land.
[X] This village.
[X] Herself.
[X] The shop we crashed into.
>> No. 8968
[+] This land
[+] Youkai
[+] This village.
[+] Herself
[+] How the hell you got here.
[+] How do I shoot Danmaku?
WALL ME, BABY!
>> No. 8970
>>8968

You have seen how long a regular update takes me, right? Anyway, writing now.
>> No. 8972
>>8970
I realize this. However, I - unlike other Anons - have that elusive thing called Patience.
>> No. 8977
File 121853604335.png - (115.21KB , 380x523 , 6326485fa2560f6ba97854618186d138f4753ee9.png ) [iqdb]
8977
>>8972

Well, your patience shall be rewarded tomorrow when I finish this wall. By then I'll be back in the swing of writing after that little break last weekend. Since I've short changed you all with the update today, here is a cute little Mokou. Ain't she adorable?
>> No. 9000
So, I had the update all ready to go and now it won't open. Fuck Vista, Windows, and it's ilk.
>> No. 9002
>>9000

You could always write a new one.
>> No. 9005
>>9000
open it with notepad
>> No. 9006
File 121868653347.png - (9.29KB , 400x400 , Mokouclose.png ) [iqdb]
9006
>>9005

I wrote it in Word, so it looks like something out of a poor man's Matrix. I can scavenge what I wrote, but it'll take a while to copy, paste, and edit (not as long as it took to write, mind you). I should have it finished sometime tonight/very early tomorrow morning.
>> No. 9011
File 121870248664.jpg - (377.58KB , 554x630 , 716bf7c7bab4ea2938910768de668c11.jpg ) [iqdb]
9011
[X] This land
[X] Youkai
[X] This village.
[X] Herself

“Well, I would first like to know about this land in general. Gensokyo, was it? Sen only filled me in on the wonders of the village.”
“I’m not surprised, since he always was an impatient boy. To begin, Gensokyo is a land cut off from the outside world. Your world. It is part of Japan and was sealed in back in 1885 so the youkai and other Japanese mythical beings had a place they could go to escape the rapid modernization of the world.” Keine explains. Wait a second…
“Japan? Then why aren’t we speaking Japanese?”
“That would be thanks to a certain gap youkai.” She begins in full teacher mode “She can manipulate the boarders of reality and I assume she has warped the language barrier. If you pay attention to what you are saying, you will notice that you aren’t speaking English, Japanese, or any known language.” Doing so, you realize she s right. All you can tell is that you re making words that seem to carry the meaning you intend. Now that is freaky. “I can only guess that she is more entertained by outsider attempts to fit in than by stumbling about confused.”
“Sounds like a real kind woman.”
“You don’t know the half of it. Continuing, she lives in a place called Mayohiga that rests on the border between Gensokyo and your world. If you ever get lost you will likely end up at that place, since that s the only way to enter without the owner personally warping you there.”
“I get the feeling it would be better for my health to avoid that.”
“Quite. Now, to the south are the Misty Lake and Scarlet Devil Mansion. The lake is inhabited by various youkai and the mansion is owned by a vampire. She is relatively harmless as long as you stay out of her way. Her maid is a bit cold, but she s a respectable girl.” This place just gets more interesting by the moment. Keine continues.
“Towards the east is the Hakurei Shrine where the miko Reimu Hakurei lives. She is considered one of the more powerful people in Gensokyo and is definitely the most powerful human. When a disaster happens, she is the one to fly out and resolve it. As a matter of fact, she is one of the people who developed the Danmaku system so youkai wouldn’t get restless from not being able to beat her.”
“Sounds like an intense person.”
“Not at all, in fact she is a notorious slacker.” Well, that’s anticlimactic.
“Really?”
“Yes, but she gets the job done. She usually relaxes with her friend Marisa Kirisame, the estranged daughter of the Kirisame second hand shop’s owner. She lives in the forest of magic just to the north of the village. The humidity there is frequently high and it is filled to the brim with youkai, so most humans don t go there. On the outside of the forest is the shop Kourindou where you can find many different items from your world.”
“Yeah, Sen told me about that place. He said the owner is a bit strange.”
“Most people seem to think that way, but I wouldn’t know. I never had much reason to go there. Lastly, there is the Bamboo Forest to the northwest.”
“I believe I heard about that place. The one where Eientei is, right?”
“Yes, the one and the same. I take it you already know about the pharmacist that lives and operates there?”
“Her servant patched my leg up from when I fell here.”
“Servant? Oh, you mean her apprentice Reisen. She comes by on market day to sell medicine in the kiosk next to where we met. I was wondering why the shack was in such disarray.”
“That was entirely me, I m afraid. I had a bit of a rough landing.”
“Well, you can t be expected to-“
“And here s your orders.” The waitress cuts Keine off. “Tea and cake for you, tea and biscuits for you.” You instantly perk up when your order is placed before you. Keine thanks the woman.
“No problem. It is my job, after all. She says while returning to the counter.
You sip your tea. Holy hell, that s good. Reunited with the panacea for all of your troubles, you visibly relax.
“I see you like the tea here.” Keine remarks.
“Very much so.”
“Well, are there any other questions you have?”
“A few more. Like just what youkai are.”
“Youkai are spiritual creatures given form. What form that is varies widely from youkai to youkai, but there are a few things they have in common. First of all, youkai are physically superior to humans. Not only are they stronger, but they also heal much faster and from greater wounds than a human could endure. In fact, the only way to permanently kill them is to use a spiritual weapon.”
“Spiritual?”
“Yes, a weapon that has a high amount of faith placed in it. If enough people believe, even a butter knife can cut through a youkai s skin like paper.”
“These youkai sound pretty intimidating.”
“They are, for the most part. You only really have to worry about the younger feral ones, though. They will eat you without a second thought. The older and smarter of them will more than likely just want to play with you a bit. A handful of them even live in the village and you can barely tell the difference between them and the humans.”
“Really? That’s rather interesting. Speaking of the village, could you tell me a bit more about it?”
“Well, it s not the only village of humans in Gensokyo, but it is by far the largest. There is another on the southern edge of the Bamboo Forest and one more north of the Misty Lake. However, the village we are in now is the only one referred to as The Human Village because of the size of it. It is divided into three areas: the Rich District, the Merchant District, and the Worker District. As you probably have guessed, we are now in the Merchant District. Most people live in the Worker s District, and I assume you can guess the last?”
“I’m going to take a wild guess and say the rich people are in the Rich District.”
“Yes. Easy, isn’t it?”
“Very. Mind if I ask one more question?”
“Go right ahead. It is why we’re here, after all.”
“Tell me about yourself.”
“Eh? Me?” Looks like you caught her off guard.
“Yes, you. Isn’t it reasonable to want to know more about the woman that has taken me to this lovely place and told me about the new land I’m in?”
“I suppose… Well, I’m the main teacher and owner of the schoolhouse here. I teach History and General Education mostly. Aside from that, I’m the protector of this village because of my passion for protecting humans.”
“Protector?” Sounds more like a job for a giant robot or a group of teenagers with attitude (perhaps even some combination of the two), not for a young schoolteacher.
“It’s really not as exciting as it sounds. I just hide the villages when a disaster happens and chase off any hostile youkai.”
“That’s still pretty impressive.”
“Thank you.”
The rest of the time in the café goes by in comfortable silence. After you both finish your respective orders, Keine speaks up.
“Well, I should get going. I’m meeting a friend in a bit and I don’t want to be late. If you ever need anything, you can drop by my schoolhouse at around mid-afternoon. See you again.”
“See you.”

And with that, Keine leaves. Looking at your watch, it’s precisely seven after ten a.m. You have quite a bit of time to frolic about in Gensokyo. You decide to…

[x] Get a better look at the market.
[x] Go to that Kourindou place.
[x] Wander about.
[x] Do something completely different.
---
Your patience is greatly appreciated.
>> No. 9012
File 121870250492.jpg - (24.18KB , 385x288 , ayayaya.jpg ) [iqdb]
9012
>>9006
>I wrote it in Word
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/
http://www.textpad.com/
etc.
>> No. 9013
>>9012

Noted.
>> No. 9021
[x] Go to that Kourindou place.
>> No. 9023
[x] Go to that Kourindou place.
>> No. 9028
>>9014
We have money, because we have a wallet. Rinnosuke would probably accept any currency, especially when it's from the outside world.
>> No. 9037
[x] Go to that Kourindou place.
>> No. 9040
And so our intrepid hero sets off for the mysterious Kourindou. Is the owner as strange as they say? We shall find out!
>> No. 9051
[x] Go to that Kourindou place.

Yeah, that Kourindou place sounds good. It sounds interesting and maybe you’ll find something you can use. Before you leave, you approach the waitress to pay for the brunch. She waves you off with a smile.
“Don’t worry about it, kid. Keine’s a good friend of mine so she always eats free here. You’ll have to pay next time, but this one’s on the house.”
“Oh. Well then, goodbye.”
“See you.”
And with that, you exit the café. Nice place. You should come back some time…

Wait. They probably don’t accept your money in favor of the local currency.

Well, you can cross that bridge when you get to it. For now, Kourindou awaits.

Approaching the village gates, you notice a large character on them. You can only assume it is Kanji or something. Staring at it for a moment, something clicks in your brain and you realize it means “North.” Convenient, that. Well, just a straight shot from here to the forest, right? Barring any encounters with one of those youkai, you should be fine. The pain from your injury has reduced, so you don’t have to worry about using Cornelius as a cane. You can’t foresee much going wrong, so onward ho!

You travel along a moderately worn stone road for about forty-five minutes to an hour before you reach a rather homely-looking building surrounded by junk. A car’s motor, an old fan blade, and is that an SNES? Braking your vision from theheap, you knock on the door and wait. And wait. Aaaand wait. Maybe he didn’t hear it? You try knocking again only to be faced with the same result. Guess the guy is gone. Oh well, you’ll have to come ba-
“JUST A MOMENT!” A voice rings out from inside. Nearly crashing into you, the door swings open seconds later. Before you stands a man wearing a curious blue and black robe with stark white hair. His expression can only be described as a mix of shock and elation. Maybe he doesn’t get many visitors?
“I apologize for my tardiness, I am unused to people knocking instead of just barging through and I thought my mind was tricking me. Please, come in.” So he does get visitors, just the unwanted kind. Doing as he says, you are faced with an overwhelming assortment of baubles, knick-knacks, and trinkets from the regular world as you enter. There even seems to be some weird items from this world thrown in for good measure. As you stare at the curious collection, the man catches your attention and begins to speak.
“So, may I ask your business?”

[] Just browsing.
[] I came to buy a thing or two.
[] I’m an outsider and I heard you are interested in things from my world.
---
I would have completed this earlier, but things and the like got in the way. Things such as that Bladestorm game and Prince Edward kicking my ass.
>> No. 9054
[x] Check the time
[x] I’m an outsider and I heard you are interested in things from my world.
>> No. 9056
[x] Check the time
[x] I’m an outsider and I heard you are interested in things from my world.

didn't notice update because of the autosage
>> No. 9057
>>9051

[X] I’m an outsider and I heard you are interested in things from my world.
>> No. 9084
[x] Check the time
[x] I’m an outsider and I heard you are interested in things from my world
>> No. 9088
[x] Check the time
[x] I’m an outsider and I heard you are interested in things from my world

you should make a new thread
>> No. 9091
Right, next update in a new thread.