[Return]
Archived thread

File 121737234615.jpg - (164.29KB , 1858x1474 , Calumniatorisdauciraptor.jpg ) [iqdb]
8254 No. 8254
Running away will only exacerbate the situation. You think that stopping and confronting whatever it might be is best. Well, there's also the fact that you'll probably get chased down by whatever the hell is following you. This is just like Dino Crisis, except you're not a sexy redhead – wait maybe you are. You're not female though. Okay, fact is that you've got no weapons and you feel that running might cause you to finally collapse.

Sprinting like a Kenyan twice in a day plus swimming is a heavy toll on your body.

You stop and slowly turn around. Just as before, you don't see anything out there. The way the bamboo seems to clump together limits your visibility to just a few meters in any given direction. If it weren't for the discrete dirt path that runs in between the bamboo, you could have gotten quite easily lost.

The rustling and violent swaying of the bamboo resumes. Something is coming. Something is definitely coming.

You see that the disturbance is coming from far off in the right. It gets closer; bamboo plants shake as if being strongly pushed apart. You better do something before you're assaulted by whatever the hell that thing is.

“Hey!? Is anyone out there.” You shout out, voice quivering.

There is a reaction from amidst the foliage. The rustling stops and the bamboo stop swaying. Encouraged by this reaction, you continue to call out. It probably is something sentient.

“If there's someone out there, please respond!” You say, this time a bit more firm.

There's silence, you can't even hear the sound of birds anymore. For some reason this fact greatly disturbs you.

“If this is a prank, then it's not very funny!” For some reason you think that this might be the work of that trickster. You haven't seen much of her lately, and you're sure that something like this is right up her alley. Or it could be that rabbit again. He seems to like to make your life miserable.

“Tewi? Is it maybe you?” You ask the silent scenery. The void seems to carry out your voice, making it sound louder than it really is.

You wait with bated breath. There is no immediate reply. Instead, the sound of rustling resumes. This time, much more subdued.

You follow with your gaze the source of the disturbance. A trail of moving bamboo indicates that whatever it is it's nearing you. You think that you catch a glimpse of something. Something that seemed to blend in with the environment. It's gone the next instant however.

You think that whatever it is, it isn't human. Maybe it wasn't such a hot idea to stop and look around. You try to turn back in the direction of Eientei. You might still make it if you try.

But as luck would have it, your plans are ruined. As you look to your side, you encounter something truly frightening. Deep red eyes, two round reptilian orbs are staring at you. That's not all. The second thing you notice the tough scaly skin surrounding them. Light green in color, some spots are slightly discolored and brownish in tint.

You step back, as you realize that you're only mere centimeters away from the creatures snout and mouth. You fall flat on your ass, completely in shock at this sight. The creature stares at you, mouth agape. It seems to be giving you a toothy grin, showing off its razor-sharp mouth. This sight is enough to drive your primal instincts to overdrive.

However, it is not fear that governs your body. At least not for long. Curiosity, rather, begins to overtake you. As you look at the creature from your position, you recognize familiar characteristics. Large, seemingly out of place white ears that seem to droop a little bit too much. The most obvious sign, however, is the carrot-shaped pendant that hangs around its elegant neck, resting in between its forearms.

“Calumniatorisdauciraptor!” You say in surprise. You had never expected to see one before you in person. What is it doing here of all places?!

The theropod makes a hissing sound. Is it just you or is it pleased? Pleased because you identified it? It seems to wag its tail a bit as well. You spot the other tell-tale sign almost immediately – the fluffy poof at the end of the tail. Yep this is a calumny alright.

You take your time and stand back up. You know that if this creature wanted you dead, it would have done so already. The way it sneaked up to you is proof enough of its sneaking skills. Its sharp claws and talons would do an excellent job of ripping you apart. You are basically naked here after all.

Detecting no hostile intent from the creature, you slowly extend your hands to it. It doesn't back away or prepare to attack. So you place your hand gently on its head.

“That's a good girl.” You say whilst patting its cold skin. You assume that this specimen is female, since you've never seen a male of the species. Well, you had never seen a female in person either, but from what you can recall from digs. You move your fingers to its droopy ears, noting that they're much warmer than the rest of the body. Is it because its a mammalian feature? If so, this makes the Calumniatorisdauciraptor an interesting creature. A creature that exhibits primarily reptilian traits but also has accompanying mammalian traits. Including soft tissue in places complete with fur. Feathers is one thing, but this is truly extraordinary for a dinosaur. Perhaps its some sort of lost genus.

Your scientific thought is interrupted by the creature. It uses its snout to nuzzle your arm. My, my, it seems to like you. Who would have thought that such a fearsome beast could have such a soft side? You pat her head once again and she makes a clicking sound. She then moves completely on to the narrow path.

You see the calumny in all its glory. Standing straight, she's about as tall as you. However, counting her tail she's rather long as well. You figure that she's easily about two meters in length. Quite unusual for a raptor to be so big. You note that there are several yellow spots on her back and neck; markings of sort. Whether its camouflage or used to attract mates, it suits her nicely.

She stares at you with her strange eyes. It's almost as if you can hear her thoughts. She's telling you something very specific. You try to concentrate to understand her message properly. You can't really believe what she's saying.

“Are you sure that's okay?” You ask her after she finishes. She lets out a subdued hiss, confirming her words. “Well, that's awfully generous of you, I'm in your debt.”

You hesitate at first, but seeing the creatures docile expression you decide to go through with it. You approach the creature's side. You're not that sure which side is best to do this, but you ultimately decide that it doesn't matter. You raise one of your legs and swing it over the animal. It's a bit difficult since the Calumny is a bit tall, but you manage. You use your remaining foot to propel yourself up and mount the creature.

It feels odd at first, but in the end it's not too different from riding a horse you think. She swings back her head and looks at you, making sure that you're ready. You pat her on the back of the neck and tell her that it's alright.

She starts to move forward. It's a bit awkward at first, since her center of gravity is offset by the fact that she has two legs. But you manage to hold on somehow.

She said that she would take you to Eientei. You think that it wasn't necessary for her to do so, but you appreciate the gesture anyways. The raptor quickly navigates the path, taking you through the bamboo forest at record speed. This is riding in style. You had never expected to be able to be near a creature such as this, let alone have it let you ride on its back.

It takes no time at all before you're in front of the main entrance of the familiar manor. The raptor heels, letting you get off. You do so and thank her.

“Thank you very much, I'm in your debt.” You stroke her ears. She coos in pleasure, like a pet receiving praise from its master.

>> No. 8255
However, she turns away, breaking away from your petting. She looks at you one last time before letting out a cry and jumping back into the thicket. You lose sight of her almost immediately. You see some bamboo plants swaying in the distance, confirming that she's going away. You hope that someday you two can meet again. You're sure that the two of you could foster a beautiful friendship.

Well, that left you with a warm feeling in your heart. You turn around and face Eientei. There's no postponing it, you step right in. Switching to indoor slippers and taking off the sandals you borrowed from Keine's, you an important realization hits you.

Dinosaurs are extinct! And something like a Calumniatorisdauciraptor couldn't exist! And even if it did, and it lived in Gensokyo, any wild beast would have ripped you to shreds. You look again back at the entrance. Just what in the hell happened? You couldn't have possibly made it all up. It felt so real. And you're sure that you were actually interacting with something. Were you simply talking to yourself? That seems possible... but you don't want to accept that as the truth. You only see your footsteps leading in from the forest. No tracks from any other creature.

You figure that if you think more about it you'll get a headache. Wanting to avoid that, you decide to just forget this whole business. You're tired and there's a lot going through your mind. You'll sort it out later.

You head to your room first, in order to get a change of clothes. With your ever loosening grip on reality, you can't be bothered to confirm if there are other people walking around the hallways. You just stare at the floor, following the path in your memory. Anyone who saw you now might mistake you for a downtrodden bum. You open your door and step inside.

To your complete surprise the first thing you see is your clothes in the middle of the room. Not your clean clothes, but the clothes that you were wearing earlier! The stuff that you had (supposedly) left at the lake! A pile next to the neatly folded kimono contains your items as well. You immediately see the PDA, Albion, and a few choice items that stick out. You rush towards the items in disbelief. You have to hold them in your hands in order to confirm that you're not imagining their actual being there.

It's all perfectly fine to boot! You hug your doll first, promising never to let her out of your sight again. You sort out your items and confirm that everything is fine and well. You immediately set you PDA to charge. Man, this discovery makes you as happy as a pig in mud. You don't understand how everything found its way to your room, but you're grateful to the powers that be. You jealously place everything into a safe corner of your room. Then, you notice something else.

You were going to put the kimono that you were wearing back on, but something catches your eye. A large red splotch that mars the collar. You look closer and see that it's something that is certainly familiar to you. You've certainly seen it on drunk salarymen before. It's nothing else but a lipstick mark. It's a really sensual shade as well. How the hell did that get there?

Out of curiosity, you sniff the mark. A familiar smell fills your nose. It's a refined and elegant smell, something that you would associate with a classy older woman. You know that you've smelt it before, but you can't recall for the life of you where it was. It is almost enough to make you really hot and bothered.

This is no good, you pull back and wipe the mark off with your cloak. It doesn't go away very easily, but continuous friction eventually makes it disappear. There's not much that you can do about the smell, so you just let it be. You take off your cloak and towel and put the kimono back on. It may smell a bit odd, but it's better than dirtying clean clothes.

Once your kimono is back on your body, you wonder how in the hell it was that you were able to travel so far with that flimsy outfit. You would never expect something like that to be so resilient. Thank god for that hair clip. You're back in business, ready to confront any obstacle.

That said, you feel like collapsing. Your mind is in a state of disarray and your body is tired. The temptation to take a quick nap is almost overwhelming. You try to fight it. You might be able to hold out longer if you focus. There's a lot of questions that need answering, and you don't know how to go about it exactly. Whether it's by yourself or with help of others, you don't know which might be faster or even possible to accomplish.

[] Collapse on the floor – nap time.
[] Go to the clinic
[] Go see Kaguya
[] Retrace your steps outside to see if you were imagining things
------------
Sorry that took too long. I was half writing, half waiting for the picture to be done. Behold the fearsome predator of the Bamboo Forest!

Thanks for drawing this man, it's awesome. You know who you are.
>> No. 8256
[] Go to the clinic

Eirin? Eirin!? EIRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
>> No. 8257
WAT
"Calumniatorisdauciraptor"??? are you serious?
I thought this would RIP US APPART
also
[X] Go to the clinic
TASUKETTE ERIN!
>> No. 8258
[+] Go to the clinic
>> No. 8259
[] Go to the clinic

HOLY WHAT.
>> No. 8260
File 121737454991.png - (84.28KB , 400x550 , 10a8b3a5b1da5601744309f30fabd9ce.png ) [iqdb]
8260
Calumniatorisdauciraptor is LAE's Beer Spider?!

[+] Go to the clinic

I'm trippan' balls Doc.
>> No. 8261
[X] Go to the clinic

Yep. Definitely need some pills now.
>> No. 8262
File 121737496976.jpg - (81.11KB , 424x600 , 0cf5e6b95a6634d2c4a8b69e4e049508.jpg ) [iqdb]
8262
>>8255


>Out of curiosity, you sniff the mark. A familiar smell fills your nose. It's a refined and elegant smell, something that you would associate with a classy older woman. You know that you've smelt it before, but you can't recall for the life of you where it was. It is almost enough to make you really hot and bothered.

Wasn't the same smell on the bra or panties laying around....?

[x] Go to the clinic
>> No. 8263
File 121737518869.jpg - (36.51KB , 400x480 , 91489d7e70c0bf167b90cec980f39629.jpg ) [iqdb]
8263
[x] Go to the clinic

EIRIN ROUTE IS GO.
COME BAD END OR HIGH WATER.
>> No. 8264
File 121737529410.jpg - (148.31KB , 644x676 , 004b08a30bf7d87b15f5e4b731f56e71.jpg ) [iqdb]
8264
>>8263
I like both.

So...did we just do the Lake? If you know what I mean.
[x] Go to the clinic
>> No. 8265
File 121737640670.jpg - (212.56KB , 500x667 , 1bf9865a89128c250ec1ed6dcf919522.jpg ) [iqdb]
8265
[x] Go to the clinic
>> No. 8266
File 12173765594.jpg - (93.00KB , 536x643 , 2fef1b723b1e136d881257aafeb36392.jpg ) [iqdb]
8266
O-Oh Shirou! Wh-What brings you here today?

[x] Go to the clinic
[x] Smell Eirin
>> No. 8267
File 121737838456.jpg - (100.27KB , 560x560 , EY.jpg ) [iqdb]
8267
[x] Go to the clinic

Well, there's no time like the present. Laying around seems like a huge waste right now. You pinch your cheeks a bit and wake yourself up.

With newfound purpose, you head to the clinic. It is only now that you notice that there are a bunch of rabbits in the hallways. They stare at you with their small red eyes. It makes you a little uncomfortable. Were they watching you earlier?

“Hey, how's it going?” You ask one of them. It quickly runs away from you. The rest of the rabbits disperse as well. Strange...

You don't think you'll ever be able to figure them out.

The waiting hall is empty as always. Does this clinic EVER get patients? The door to Eirin's office is half-open and you can clearly hear her voice resonating. Since she's the only speaker, you assume she's recording her observations.

You don't really want to eavesdrop, but you think it might be rude if you interrupt her while she's dictating. You stand next to her door, waiting for her to finish.

“...is developing at an expedient rate. The symptoms are getting worse and worse and I fear that soon drugs will have no effect on the subject. The subject's antibodies are actively fighting it, but I fear that he might be losing willpower. Intense paranoia as well as frequent episodes of hallucination make it difficult to communicate. Will continue observation and report again in 12 hours time.”

You hear a loud click come from inside. You wait a bit, and upon hearing nothing further, assume that Eirin has finished. You knock on the door. Eirin tells you to come in.

“Oh, hello there Shirou. It's been a while.” Eirin greets you. She's sitting by her desk. She puts down her pen and turns her attention to you. “You look a little pale, is there anything the matter with you?”

You do feel a bit weak from before. You tell Eirin that it's nothing but she gets up. She's wearing her usual red and blue outfit, complete with her cap. Is it just you or do her constellations look a little brighter than usual? She comes up close to you and places her hand on your forehead. To be honest, you were half-expecting her to have a huge horrible cut across her face. It surprises you a bit to see her completely fine.

“Hmm, no fever.” She then moves her hand, placing her trained fingers onto your neck. She feels your pulse. And you can smell her delicious perfume at this distance. You don't think that you could confuse this smell ever. It's just so nice. It's forever engraved in your mind as “Eirin's smell”.

“Nothing seems to be wrong with your pulse either...” She says as she takes away her hand. “Maybe your blood sugar is a bit low. When was the last time you ate?”

You don't reply immediately. You just had a flash just now of someone cutting their own throat. Was that just a hallucination as well?

“Shirou? Did you hear me?”
“Ah yes, sorry. I had lunch about two hours ago, maybe a bit more.”
“Hmm, well... that sounds reasonable. Maybe you're just tired. You should take care of your body.”
“That might be it... I'll try to do a better job, thanks.”

Eirin sighs and goes back to her desk. She doesn't sit, but instead opens up a drawer. She removes a small bottle and then opens it. She reaches in and takes out two small oblong pills. She then hands them to you.

“Here, these might relieve some fatigue. They're something I recently completed. Take them with a glass of water and they'll make you feel better.”
“Thanks.” You accept the pills.
“So, what brings you here today? I assume it's not because you're feeling under the weather is it? There's got to be something else.”

[] Apologize for eavesdropping and ask her what she was recording
[] Show her the bloody note and ask if she recognizes it
[] Ask her about Mokou's break-in the other night
[] Ask her what she's been up to lately
[] You're feeling a bit sickly, ask her to do a full examination
--------
Phew, it took me almost as long finding a non-duplicate image as it did for me to type this up.
>> No. 8269
[x] Apologize for eavesdropping and ask her what she was recording
[x] Ask her what she's been up to lately
[x] You're feeling a bit sickly, ask her to do a full examination

Better no show her the note, we all know what happens when we show notes to people.
>> No. 8270
[X] Apologize for eavesdropping and ask her what she was recording

"xcuz me but wtf r u doin?"
>> No. 8272
[x] Tell her you've been having florid hallucinations and bouts of amnesia
[x] Show her the bloody note and ask if she recognizes it
>> No. 8273
[x] Apologize for eavesdropping and ask her what she was recording
[x] Show her the bloody note and ask if she recognizes it
>> No. 8274
[x] Ask her why she's so serious.
>> No. 8276
[X] Show her the bloody note and ask if she recognizes it

Showing people mysterious notes never goes badly. Especially if they're covered in blood.
>> No. 8277
>>8276

Let's see...It's Wednesday....
>> No. 8279
>>8277
Unfortunately, the day of the week is only a factor when showing notes to asthmatic libraians.
At Eientei, it's Needle Time ALL the time.
>> No. 8280
[x] Apologize for eavesdropping and ask her what she was recording
[x] Show her the bloody note and ask if she recognizes it
>>“...is developing at an expedient rate. The symptoms are getting worse and worse and I fear that soon drugs will have no effect on the subject. The subject's antibodies are actively fighting it, but I fear that he might be losing willpower. Intense paranoia as well as frequent episodes of hallucination make it difficult to communicate. Will continue observation and report again in 12 hours time.”
So basically, in a few days we're gonna go Higurashi on everyone's asses.
>> No. 8281
>So basically, in a few days we're gonna go Higurashi on everyone's asses.

Make it happen, but it seems that it will happen anyway. The Vision was probably the Eirin from the last World killing herself because the Moon people killed every single living being in Gensokyo due to her failure.
>> No. 8283
Who's to say that it's us Eirin's talking about in her report?
From our dealings with Rinnosuke, it seems that we probably aren't the first to have been given a task like we have, so perhaps whatever else is happening to us has happened to someone else before us.

While Shirou certainly appears to be growing increasingly paranoid and having more hallucinations (assuming they are, in fact, hallucinations) he certainly doesn't seem to have trouble communicating with anyone just yet.

...well, no more trouble than is normal for him, in any case. So, it's possible that the observations Eirin is making isn't on what's happening to us, but what's happening to someone else and MIGHT happen to us. Not that knowing how utterly messed up you're going to become is much comfort.

Then again, perhaps we aren't even hallucinating at all, but are being made to think we are. We certainly weren't running around buck naked since we had last left Eientei, so even if the whole episode with the lake wasn't real, there's no reason why all of our stuff should have been waiting for us back at our room. Besides the strange looks from the farmers and townspeople aside, I would think Reimu, Marisa, and Alice would have said something if we were hanging around them with no clothes on.

Clearly someone is doing something to mess with us, and whoever it is apparently has a rather distinctive smell about them. Our attempt to sniff Kaguya didn't turn up anything, and we seem to know Eirin's smell well enough that we would recognize it instantly, so whoever it is might not be someone we've met yet. Or, if it is, it's no one we've had an opportunity to catch a good whiff of.
>> No. 8284
[x] Apologize for eavesdropping and ask her what she was recording
[x] Ask her what she's been up to lately
[x] You're feeling a bit sickly, ask her to do a full examination
>> No. 8285
>>8283
>it's no one we've had an opportunity to catch a good whiff of.
GODDAMMIT TEWI.
>> No. 8286
[x] Apologize for eavesdropping and ask her what she was recording
[x] Show her the bloody note and ask if she recognizes it
>> No. 8287
Damn, i wanted Shirou to be Eirins Test Subject.
Eirin Route is lost forever now, thanks a lot.
Now we are playing around with Keine, the hell?
Jesus christ, a teacher.... time to molest little children.
>> No. 8290
>>8287
Saying it's "lost" would imply we ever had a chance of getting it in the first place.
>> No. 8291
well we had the option of "relieving" our stress through eirin's handjob at least and she said if we ever need to we can do that again as far as i remember. not enough for the route yet, but i'd say it was going somewhere.

but next time lock the door, bitch.
>> No. 8292
giving up on helping eirin, even if kaguya hinted strongly on doing that to pursue keine and schooling probably reduced those chances though.
>> No. 8297
>>8292
Oh please. Like we ever let the utter futility of a particular action stop us from trying to do it anyway.
>> No. 8298
>>8287>>8291>>8292
with voters like this I don't know how this story could've ever gone wrong
>> No. 8299
“Before that,” You introject. “I'd like to apologize.” You bow down your head. “I overheard you recording your observations just now. I couldn't help overhearing you since I didn't want to disturb you.”
“Oh?” Eirin seems to be amused. She adopts a playful tone. “And what of it? I don't really care what it is that you overheard, but it is rude to be spying on people.” You see the hints of a devious smile on her face. “Or maybe you want to be punished for being naughty?”

While you're a bit curious to hear about what she would do to 'punish' you, you keep your focus.

“It's not that. If you don't mind me asking, what were you making observations of? It sounded like a serious case.” You then add defensively, “I'm just curious that's all.”
“Curious, eh? That's a fine trait for a scientist.” She then grabs your hand, surprising you. “Come now, I'll show you what I was talking about. It might interest you to see it as well.”

You decide to silently go along with her. To be frank, you're in a slight state of stupefaction. Eirin's hand feels warm and soft. You just let her lead you on.

She takes you to a part of the clinic that you haven't been to before. Going through several doors, you are surprised at how much of the structure that you haven't seen. You had just figured that there were four or so rooms tops. There's an elaborate security system as well; At one point Eirin has to input a code on a door to unlock it as well as scan her finger tips. You're finally admited into what seems to be an observation room. There's a single door that leads to a decontamination chamber as well as a large observation glass (or mirror, you can't tell from the side that you're on). This area is shrouded in a creepy darkness.

The room on the other side is brightly lit. It's a simple room with white walls and not much else. In the middle of the room is a small mattress. Additionally there's a tank of water against one of the walls complete with an automatic dispensing system.

Eirin lets go of your hand. You look at her, about to ask her what's the deal with this place. She anticipates your question.

“In here, we have the subject which I have been observing.” She simply says.
“Subject? I can't see anything.”
“Look harder, he should be on the bed.”

You take another glance inside the room. Sure enough, there's something on the bed. You didn't see it on your first glance. It's understandable, though, the white fur serves like camouflage in this environment. A medium-sized rabbit lies on the bed, barely moving.

“Is that rabbit the subject?” You ask Eirin.
“Indeed.”
“What's wrong with him?”
“Well, that's what I'm trying to find out.”
“You mean you don't know?”
“I don't.” Eirin looks at you with a bitter smile on her face. “A lot of the rabbits have been complaining about seeing things, and a few have gotten really restless. In some cases aggressive even. This individual is the most advanced case. He had to be forcefully restrained after he lashed out at things that weren't there. He endangered his fellow rabbit. He displays a general aggressiveness and is prone to manic depression as well after some of the more vivid hallucinations. He's been sedated for his own good. Until I can figure out what it is.”

Is this why the rabbits that you have seen lately have been acting so strange? You focus on the small white figure that's lying on the bed. It must be scary to be losing your mind like that and not know what's causing it.

“So, any leads as to what is causing this?” You ask Eirin.
“Not many. Blood tests show nothing and body scans also fail in seeing anything out of place. If it weren't for the radical change in behavior and other symptoms, I would doubt that there's anything wrong at all.”
“And this has spread to the other rabbits?”
“A lot of them have been displaying more subdued versions of these symptoms. Nothing as grave as this, but I fear that it is only a matter of time.”

This seems really serious. Eirin has a an expression of worry on her face, so you can tell that she's really powerless to figure out the solution. If she can't figure it out, you're afraid that there's nothing that you can do either.

“Well, there's no reason to stay here. Let's go back to my office.” Eirin suggests.

The two of you leave the observation room, closing all the doors behind you. What you just saw was a bit disturbing. Especially since you're not very sure if you're hallucinating yourself. You don't think that you're getting aggressive or altering your behavior in any way, but that could only be a matter of time. Once you get back to her office she speaks to you candidly.

“This is a real mystery even for me. It's caused my other research to slow down to a halt. I can only hope I can arrive at an answer before any others degenerate. However, things aren't looking very good.” She then smiles with a bitter smile. “It frustrates my intellect not being to solve this. I just want to lock myself up until I can figure this one out.”

You don't know why, but you take that as a hint. Like you should let her be for now. But, there's one more thing that you want to ask her before you go.

“Eirin, there's something else I wanted to talk to you about.” You fetch the bloody note from amongst your things. You show it to her. “I'm not very sure where I got it, but I feel that it's connected to you somehow. Do you recognize it?”

Eirin takes the note into her hand. She looks over it, as if scrutinizing it. There's not much to see besides blood.

“I can't say that I have.” She replies with no hesitation. “I can only make out a few letters and words here and there. The handwriting looks a lot like mine. But I don't think there's enough untainted for me to begin to make out. Why is it covered in blood? Whose blood is it?”
“I don't know.” You say, lying to her. There's no way that you can just outright tell her that you think its hers. And that she killed herself in a vision that you had. “When I found the note, it was already like this.”

Eirin hands back the note to you.

“I'm sorry that I can't help you out here.”
“Oh, not at all. It was a long shot anyways.” You reply. “Thank you for your help anyways.”

Following up on the feeling that you had before, you say goodbye to her and leave the clinic. You stare at the note again as you walk back to your room. Can't recognize it, eh? While you are a bit suspicious that she wasn't being entirely straight with you, you think that she probably is telling the truth. You can't think of any reason why she would deliberately deceive you.

It's now late afternoon. There's not much light left in the day. Already everything is becoming tinged in a shade of orange. You sigh as you sit down on a cushion in your room. There's been a lot lately that's kept you in a state of perpetual confusion. Not just the recent thing with Eirin, but certain people as well. Is this a product of your ineptness at dealing with others? Or is it perhaps something else. You look at the pile of your possessions. You haven't had some alone time lately. It seems that everything has just been one event after another.

Choose 1 minor action:

[] Fiddle with your PDA a bit
[] Take the pills that Eirin gave you
[] Play with Albion

Main action:

[] Take a nap
[] Go to the courtyard and meditate
[] Go see Kaguya
[] Prepare yourself a snack
>> No. 8300
[x] Play with Albion
[x] Go to the courtyard and meditate
>> No. 8301
[x] Play with Albion
[x] Go to the courtyard and meditate
>> No. 8302
{X} Play with Albion
{X} Go to the courtyard and meditate

I wonder if Reisen or Tewi are affected~
>> No. 8303
[x] Play with Albion
[x] Go to the courtyard and meditate
>> No. 8304
[x] Take the pills that Eirin gave you
[x] Wash them down with the nearest alcoholic beverage, in the name of the Booze God!
>> No. 8305
[x] Take the pills that Eirin gave you
[x] Go to the courtyard and meditate

prescient visions
>> No. 8307
[X] make an offer to the Booze god

[X] Go see Kaguya
>> No. 8309
[x] Play with Albion
[x] Go to the courtyard and meditate

You grab Albion from your nearby pile of stuff. You feel at ease every time you play with her.

Using your imagination, you quickly set up a scenario. The mysterious bottle serves as your objective. You designate it the all-powerful mystical elixir. It is said that it can cure any ailment with a single drop. Warriors and mages from all over the world have come to the dungeon (designated by a couple of cushions you put together) to seek it out. The story begins when you (an all-powerful magician and handsome adventurer) set out with your childhood friend (and love interest!), Albion. You have no need of the elixir yourself, but Albion's younger sister is deathly ill.

You lie down and move around Albion, happily playing about. You encounter a few bandits on your way to the dungeon. Using your superior magic and skills, you and Albion make short work of them. It is in the aftermath of the battle that you notice that there's a strange girl hiding among the bushes. She is no regular human; she has rabbit ears and tail, but otherwise looks like a normal person. She apparently lost your memories and instinctively decides to tag along with your group. The three of you adventure a bit more together before finally reaching the dungeon.

Inside the dungeon (you pull a sheet on you and control the action from under it), you encounter many traps and perils. Worse yet, the deeper you go, the fouler the beasts within. There's a few moments when your life in on the line, but your unity as a group helps you get by. Finally, you reach the deepest parts of the dungeon. It is here that the few other adventurers have taken upon themselves to compete amongst each other. Only the most powerful remain. You do battle with them. You are wounded in the confusion and Albion shields you from harm. This, of course, causes your senses to sharpen and you go into overdrive. Unleashing your hidden talents, you annihilate the opposition with great power. You acquire the bottle, but lose Albion. You mourn her loss, burying her on a flower-covered hill. Thanks to her sacrifice, you're able to save her sister.

You cannot stay with her though, the loss within your soul is too great. And so the story ends, you set out towards the horizon, accompanied by the bunny-girl. She follows you because she wishes to one day find her origins. You don't mind the company, and it does your heart good to have a companion.

You stop your fantasy there. That was fun. You were making noises like an idiot during the battle scenes, emulating the sound of clashing steel and explosions. It feels good to goof off like this once in a while. You clean up your room, putting the cushions back into their place and putting away the sheet. Feeling in good spirits, you decide to go meditate.

The courtyard is completely empty. The afternoon sunlight bathes the rocks and gravel in a reddish hue. Finding a good spot, you sit down and close your eyes. It's hard to concentrate. Many idle thoughts plague your mind. About what you saw in the clinic, what happened to you at the lake, and several other odd events. You spend a long time struggling to free your mind of these thoughts.

You do manage to finally clear your mind after a while. The meditation in itself is hardly worth the effort. You can't really feel disconnected as your previous attempts at meditation. All you can accomplish after a lengthy session is the slight relaxing of your muscles. Sure it feels good, but you feel that you failed in your task. Is it because you're too concerned with earthly matters? Or is something else happening to you? Maybe you're just really tired.

You sigh and lay back on the floor. You're in no mood to continue trying. The sky has become dark enough for you to see the moon already. The sun is still in the sky, but it's likely going to disappear within the hour. There is a large concentration of clouds in one section of the sky, likely drifting towards your position. Maybe it'll rain again soon. You just hope that it's not tomorrow morning. It'd be a bitch to go to the school with a downpour.

Off in the corner of your eye, you see movement. You lazily turn your head and just see that it's a bunny. Not just any regular bunny either, you immediately recognize it as the rabbit with whom you've had minor scuffles in the past. What does it want with you?

It approaches you, hoping leisurely. He stops a few inches from your face. He stares at you and then opens his mouth; A key drops onto the floor. He then promptly turns around and hops away. Strange. You extend your hand and take the key. Sitting up, you examine it. It's a small golden key. It has a rhombus-like ending on one edge, with a small crest engraved on it. You can't recognize the crest, it's been mostly scratched off. Judging by the size (and the fact that most doors here are simple sliding screen doors) you think that this is not a door key. It's probably a key to a closet or a chest or something. You scratch your head. Why in the world would that rabbit give this to you?

You haven't seen anything with a keyhole here. This compounds the mystery even more. Was he trying to tell you something? Or maybe he's hallucinating? Is he infected by whatever has been going around the rabbits? Or maybe he's just playing around with you. Yeah, that could be it.

You look at the key one last time before putting it away. The red afternoon light makes the gold shine with an ominous color.

[] Find, stalk, and observe the rabbits of Eientei
[] Try meditating some more
[] Go to town for a drink
[] Find Kaguya
>> No. 8310
[X] Find Kaguya

If the bunnies are getting paranoid, I don't think us stalking them is really going to help matters any. Meditating seems like it will just be a bust, and as tempting as going out drinking is, I think we should probably stay sober if we're supposed to go to work in the morning.
>> No. 8311
[x] Find Kaguya
>> No. 8312
[X] Find Kaguya
[X] "Do you recognize this key or this hand-writing?"

She'd be able to tell if it's Eirin's handwriting.
>> No. 8313
>>It's probably a key to a closet or a chest or something.

It's the key to the greatest treasure in all the land!
>> No. 8314
[x] Find Kaguya
>> No. 8315
[x] Find Kaguya

You get up and go back into the building. Maybe it's about time you paid your buddy a visit. You haven't seen her since midday and a lot has happened since then. Including sighting and riding fictional prehistoric creatures.

The first place to check for her would be her room.

It takes you less than a minute to get from where you are to her room. You knock on her door. There's no response. You press your ear against her door to see if you can hear anything. You don't. In fact, there's an absolute silence. Is she out?

The door is closed, but you could probably open it since there's no lock. You do so, sliding the door open slightly. The inside is almost completely dark. How does she manage to filter out the light so well? Is it magic? In any case, you don't really anything in the first room. The door leading to the room in the back is closed as well and you imagine it to be in a similar state.

You came to find Kaguya, so find her you will. You carefully step inside of her room. You tread lightly, making little noise on the floor. It is wrong to enter somebody's room without permission, but you should verify that she's not in here. You open the door leading to the room in the back. The familiar sound of the computer fan is missing and everything here is just as still.

Well, everything except one small detail. You see a huddled mass off in one of the corners. You go up to it and see that it's Kaguya, curled up with a blanket. Her breathing is almost inaudible and her peaceful expression indicates that she's in a deep sleep. She looks absolutely defenseless. Were you an asshole like Okazaki, you might consider playing a prank on her. But that's just not the way that you'd treat an important buddy. Especially if you're staying at their place as a guest.

Seeing Kaguya like this makes you hesitant to wake her up. You did find her, but it looks like she's resting. She must have been exhausted to have gone to bed so early. Well, she certainly does seem to keep busy – far more than you previously had thought. She deals with this mysterious group of people, occasionally goes out AND indulges in the stereotypical otaku activities. That's a full schedule right there.

Man, seeing her like this makes you feel sleepy as well. Your previous fatigue and drowsiness comes back yet again. It looks like your body won't let you forget just how much you've exerted yourself today. You let out a muted yawn, trying your best not to wake Kaguya up. If you want to remain conscious, you better leave now. You take a step back, careful not to step on any of the items that are littered on the floor. Well, it's time to decide whether you'll leave or stay.

[] Wake Kaguya up; Speaking to her is important
[] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere
[] Curl up next to Kaguya and sleep
--------
Slow voting is slow.
>> No. 8316
[X] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere

I am so tempted to vote for sleeping with Kaguya.
So....SO tempted...

But I'm not sure it will turn out well for us.
Or perhaps it would.

Still, if we have any energy left, there's one more person we should try to see before ending our day, if only to make sure there are no hard feelings about that whole "barging into her room and going through her closet" thing.
Let's find us a moon bunny.
>> No. 8319
[x] Leave; gb2/bed/ Shirou
>> No. 8320
[x] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere [Sleep]
Rest, recover, research.
>> No. 8321
[+] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere
Slow voting, I know. Sry.
>> No. 8322
[x] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere (find Reisen)
>> No. 8323
[X] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere
>> No. 8324
[X] Curl up next to Kaguya and sleep

Either we wake up to Kaguya snuggled up with us like Mokou was that one time, or we earn ourselves either a Bad End or a major deduction of NEET affection points.

Shame we haven't tried to attempt to bond by pulling an all-night marathon of anime and trolling on the internet. That would have been the perfect set-up to sleeping together. In a totally platonic, buddy-buddy sort of way, of course.
>> No. 8325
[X] Curl up next to Kaguya and sleep
This is the right option, i feel it.
>> No. 8326
[x] sniff kaguya
[x] play with kaguya's hair
[x] get busted by reisen/tewi because shirou forgot to lock the door
>> No. 8327
[x] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere [Sleep]
>> No. 8328
[x] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere [Sleep]

Preferably in our room. If you know what I mean.
>> No. 8329
[X] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere
>> No. 8330
[X] Curl up next to Kaguya and sleep
>> No. 8331
[X] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere

find me sum Reisen
>> No. 8332
[x] Sniff Kaguya
[X] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere
>> No. 8333
x] Leave; Stuff to do elsewhere

You carefully work your way out of the room, making sure not to make any noise. This is a moderately difficult task. You hadn't noticed just how full of stuff the floor was when you came in. It's a miracle that you didn't trip and fall on, say, a magazine. You close the doors behind you, wishing Kaguya a good night. She looks like she needs the rest.

Outside of her room, you see that it has become dark faster than you predicted. The afternoon light is all but extinguished. Only but a few solitary rays of light fruitlessly illuminate the surroundings. You might as well just say that it's already evening. You let out a yawn as you walk back to your room. Just being around Kaguya was enough to make you sleepy. You think that you'll go to sleep as well. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow and resting properly is a must.

Early to bed and early to rise. Or something.

You yawn again as you stretch out the futon. You strip down to more comfortable attire and do your regular preparations for sleeping. You set up your PDA so that an alarm sounds in the early morning. You'll have a lot of time to get up, eat breakfast and otherwise get ready to go. You'll leave Eientei a bit earlier than you should just to make sure that you're not late. Being late would cause a bad impression likely; It's not an example you want to set to your students.

There's likely nothing else to do for the day, or so you figure as you slip into your futon. You're not that hungry and idle chatter with people isn't going to get you anywhere. Your mind is probably stressed out to its maximum level. Sleeping should put your thoughts into order and flush out all of the weirdness. Hopefully. Where meditation failed, you hope that sleep will succeed. You're confident that it will in fact.

The moment that you stop thinking, your body takes over. You're so tired that before you know it, you're already on the border of consciousness. Your body is relaxed and your mind thinking about nothing in particular. Your breathing is steady and rhythmical. The day ends with you sleeping like a giant defenseless infant. You are so tired that you hardly even move during your sleep.

There is something slightly remarkable that happened to you that night. When you wake up in the morning you recall having a dream. Actually, you dreamed a lot that night. But one dream in particular stood out. You try your best to recall it, down to the last detail. Somehow you felt that it was more than just a dream. You can't quite recall the contents but you try anyways. What was the dream about anyways?

[] Witnessing the end of time
[] A revolution to end all revolutions
[] Traveling between parallel worlds
------
I meant to put this up nearly half a day ago, when the go to sleep option was dominant. But, as always, things don't go exactly as planned. Forgive me those of you who wanted to do somehting else, your peers gave me a convenient excuse to end the day. And at the time it was what the majority wanted.

This being said, I don't think I'll update for a couple more hours at least. Sorry. But that should give things enough time to gather enough votes anyways.
>> No. 8334
[X] A revolution to end all revolutions
>> No. 8335
{X} Witnessing the end of time
>> No. 8336
{X} Witnessing the end of time
>> No. 8337
[X] A revolution to end all revolutions

3A РОДИНА!!!
>> No. 8338
{X} Witnessing the end of time
>> No. 8339
[x] Witnessing the end of time
"Everything... just kinda stopped."
>> No. 8341
{X} Witnessing the end of time
>> No. 8342
[X] Witnessing the end of time

Random thought to pass the time,

What If Shirou runs into a ghost like Yuyuki? I expect something lulzy.
>> No. 8343
[+] Traveling between parallel worlds
>> No. 8345
[x] Empty hill of swords.
>> No. 8346
[x] Sexing up Kaguya all night long.
>> No. 8347
[x] A revolution to end all revolutions
>> No. 8348
[x]Walking around the village naked.

Oh wait, we already did that.
>> No. 8352
File 121757527626.gif - (200.84KB , 652x652 , justapurtypicturenotmuchelse.gif ) [iqdb]
8352
[x] Witnessing the end of time

What you dreamt about, to put it lightly, was odd. Perhaps a more odd description would be completely surreal. What you saw and heard was something that (you thought) was completely out of the scope of imagination. Not even idle daydreaming or the most thought-provoking works of art could have possibly conjured up such a spectacle. It leads you to wonder, as you rub your eyes in the morning, whether or not there was any semblance of truth behind your dream. With all that you've seen lately it might just not be completely crazy.

It's hard to describe what you dreamed about. It was eerily silent. Well, at first anyways. There were lights everywhere. You felt that you were floating in an ether, a heavenly space. You could not see nor sense anyone else with you, but you did not feel alone. The lights, many of different colors, blanketed your vision. There was not a single spot around you that didn't have a light source. So much so that the lights interfered with each other, creating strange patterns off in the distance. They appeared to you as something similar to a kaleidoscope.

You did not quite understand it at first. It was a beautiful vision, yet somehow sad. It was only after aimlessly floating around that you understood the implications. This was the end. Here, in this place of light and little else you were an observer. You understood how likely it was that those lights were just the remnants of what once was the whole of creation. No knowledge that you possessed could accurately explain what exactly was happening but you knew that this was it. Furthermore, you didn't even know how big this all was. It could have been a distance of unimaginable magnitude or something nearing a singularity.

Most of the dream was spent with you just observing idly. Nothing much happened until the very end. Everything started shimmering and the lights swirled around. It all concentrated on a single point. In that instant you heard a discordant boom. It completely overwhelmed all of your senses. After that there was nothing. And you felt completely alone. With your very own eyes, you witnessed something special. After this whole ordeal something else happened.

It turned out that you weren't alone after all. There was clearly the presence of at least another being, perhaps even more. You couldn't tell the difference between one and a trillion at that point. You just knew that you were not alone. This presence was in the universe but wasn't a part of it. It seemed to be something completely outside of this reality. An eternal presence. The presence knew of your watching, and you understood that it meant to show you something.

In the center of it all, there was still something. Like a fetus in the womb, a small object was developing. You were told that this was the birth of something new. Something that would grow. Even at the end of time things would not end. With death, comes rebirth. This was the truth behind the universe, even though you did not quite understand it. It was in your state of confusion that you ended your dream. Or at least what you recall of it.
>> No. 8353
You can't really think straight after waking up all of a sudden. You look at your PDA. It's about five in the morning. It's really early, but you slept a lot as well. The fact that it's so early lets you take it especially easy this morning. You leisurely put away the futon and otherwise clean up. You take your time to go to the bathroom, take care of your daily business, get dressed, and then go make yourself some breakfast. There's no one in the kitchen at this hour so you just make yourself something simple. Taking time to enjoy your food, you then clean everything up. You make sure to grab a piece of fruit before leaving – it'll do as a snack later.

You think that it's pretty lonely here in the mornings. You go waste some more time in your room, playing with Albion. It's boring and quiet, but you do your best to pass the time. You don't want to screw up on your first day by getting sidetracked and being late. When enough time passes, you gather your stuff and leave Eientei. On your way out you pass by Reisen, who is busy as usual with her chores. You greet her in passing but ultimately don't talk to her much. You can feel that she stares at you as you leave. Well, you had forgotten that she probably isn't aware of your new job. You'll have to tell her later.

The bamboo forest is easy to traverse if you're not in a hurry or distressed by life. You occasionally see some rabbits scurrying about, reminders of who the true masters of the forest are. Since they don't get in your way, you don't do anything to them either. It's an uneventful walk to the human village and the schoolhouse. Villagers are up and about, carting goods and preparing to open up shops. You're slightly relieved at the fact that no one seems to take notice of you. It would be awkward if you were recognized as the streaker that ran around yesterday. Especially since you're going to teach children now – their children.

When you get to the schoolhouse, there's no one there. You check the time. It's still a bit early, you've arrived a half hour before Keine told you to be there. It's not really a problem, but the fact that the door is locked means that you have to wait outside. A few villagers who happen to pass by greet you with nods of their head. You return the favor in kind. Do they know that you're the new teacher or are they just greeting you out of politeness. Either way, you try not to be rude and greet them properly.

About ten minutes later Keine arrives. You greet her and she makes a remark on your early arrival. She unlocks the door and you're let in. Almost immediately Keine begins to prep you for your lessons. She apparently compiled a quick list of what you're expected to teach, as well as drawing up a lesson plan for the first day. You're impressed by her thoroughness. You don't think that you'll have any trouble following her lesson plan; You know the material more than well enough, and should be able to do the lesson with confidence.

Eventually, students begin to arrive. At first only a few students appear, mostly coming in by themselves. They greet Keine and stare at you in bewilderment. Eventually the trickle intensifies, with small groups of three or four kids coming in. By the time that classes are supposed to begin all the seats are filled and the children are happily chatting and talking amongst themselves.

Keine calls the bunch of children to order by ringing a small bell. It takes a bit for the children to quiet down. It takes them a while to be completely silent. It is only then that Keine begins with (what you assume to be) normal morning procedures. She takes attendance, making each child sound off. There are more students than you first estimated. According to the list there's about thirty of them. And it's a diverse age group as well. From children that look to be around five or six to adolescents.

It is only after she ticks off all the names in the list that she draws attention to you. She introduces you as their new math and science teacher. There are whispers amongst the children and they seem to be a bit surprised by this. You can't tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Keine quiets the children down and you give a small introductory speech. You think it goes well. Well, at least you're not laughed at or anything.

With that done, Keine tells you that they'll start today with a math lesson. She says that she'll sit through this one, since it's your first lesson. She sits down in a spare chair and you look over the lesson plan. It's quite simple: since not everyone is at the same level, the class is divided into smaller groups. These groups consist of children who are similar in age. It's your job to go from group to group, explaining concepts and giving them exercises. You ask the children to separate into groups and they move around desks and chairs.

The lesson in itself isn't too hard. No one here is doing anything complicated like calculus, mostly simple math and algebra. You assume that the older children work better by themselves, so you skimp over most of the details and assign them tasks. Mostly to see how they're coming along. The younger children do require more attention. You patiently explain concepts to them, making sure that they understand the concept behind what they're doing. No one is overly enthusiastic about doing work, but they get along just fine.

Keine seems pleased with your performance thus far. She gives you a thumbs up when you look at her. Encouraged by this, you continue to carry out the lesson, helping the students along. You find yourself thinking that if it's going to be this easy, then there's no need to sweat it. You note that there are two or three children that seem more than capable, finishing their tasks before the rest. Likewise, there are three or four who seem to struggle along. You make a note to deal with them appropriately in the future; you should challenge the fast learners and help out the ones that seem to have more difficulty. That way they can develop in a positive manner.

This first lesson passes by quickly. Keine ends it by ringing a bell, letting the children out on a small break. She congratulates you on the successful lesson and asks you how you felt about it. You reply confidently that it was no sweat as you watch the children spilling out to play outside. She then tells you that the next lesson is her history lesson, and after that it's lunch time. So, if you wanted, you could leave and come back. She says it doesn't really matter much before she excuses herself to go supervise the children.

You stare out of the window, watching the children frolic around. Ahh, to be young. Well, you're technically young as well, but you're old enough to feel nostalgia for schoolyard antics. Well, at least you've been having a good day thus far. And your next class is in the afternoon after lunch, giving you hours of free time.

[] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
[] Go back to Eientei and hang around for a bit
[] Check out the village
----------
Oh hay, 12 hour delay or something. I hadn't noticed that the page was back up after some downtime.

Also, there's a lack of dialogue on purpose. Just a few scenes will have proper speech. Shirou's job activities are more glossed over with few choices. Just a few important ones occasionally. So don't worry about it.
>> No. 8354
Wow, Shirou. Your future is looking rather... tedious.

[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.

Maybe we can drink our way into GTO-modo.
>> No. 8356
[] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

It's usually a bad idea to drink on the job (especially when that job involves caring for small children). By all means make offerings to the beer god later, but save it for after class.
>> No. 8357
>>8355
>>8354
If you want to vote for this, then by all means do so. But really I'm trying to keep choices vague and general. No specific activities unless the situation calls for it. You'll see what I did there. Eventually.

And really, even omitting that point, where's the wisdom in getting hammered in the morning, before lunch, before having to go back to work. Do think it over.
>> No. 8358
[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.

School should be fun.
>> No. 8359
{X} Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes.

History~
>> No. 8360
[+] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
Cease the foolishness. Work first, play later. School days aren't that long.
>> No. 8361
[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

Going out drinking during the work day? What sort of idiot would possibly think that is a good ide-....oh.
>> No. 8362
[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.

awesome.jpg
>> No. 8363
[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.

Great Teacher Shirou.
>> No. 8365
[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
>> No. 8366
[~] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

The booze god can wait. There is a Keine in teaching mode, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 8367
[x] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
>> No. 8368
[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.
>> No. 8369
[x] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
>> No. 8371
ರ_ರ
>> No. 8372
[x] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

>>8354>>8363
Onizuka didn't go out to the bar before work you fucking failures
>> No. 8373
[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.

Those damn Kids.
>> No. 8374
[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
>> No. 8375
[x] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

Let's not try to ruin our chances with Keine and our reputation in the village by drinking in the morning.
>> No. 8376
[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.
>> No. 8377
[x] You need to loosen up; go to the bar and knock back a few drinks.
>> No. 8378
[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

Are anon REALLY that desperate to see the BMW club again?

And you don't combat disobedience of a child with childishness yourself.
>> No. 8379
[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
>> No. 8380
File 121762126660.jpg - (248.92KB , 500x400 , 77d886eb308af694e6468362fb5ccf92.jpg ) [iqdb]
8380
[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

KEINE FOR THE KEINE GODS.
>> No. 8381
[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes
>> No. 8382
>>8355

[X] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

I'm changing my vote to this instead. But y'all have to honor our mate the booze god soon alright?
>> No. 8383
>>But y'all have to honor our mate the booze god soon alright?

All in good time, friend.
After all, what better way to celebrate a successful first day on the job than throwing back a few with our fellow teacher?
>> No. 8390
[x] Stick around, you might learn more from observing Keine's classes

You decide that observing the day's lesson might be a good thing. You idle about, doing nothing in particular as the twenty minutes of so of break pass by. When it's time for class again, Keine rings the bell. The students take a bit in coming back inside the classroom, you think to the slight annoyance of Keine. You take a seat as well, where Keine was sitting earlier.

The schoolteacher approaches you for a moment and asks you if you'd maybe like to sit in the office in the back. You decline, stating that you'd like to sit in for her class. She shrugs and and begins her lesson.

The lessons in themselves are, frankly put, not that entertaining. You find yourself trying really hard to pay attention to the things that Keine is talking about. The problem is that she goes into every single minute detail in such a way that makes the whole topic seem like the most boring thing ever. You look at the student body and sympathize with the expressions of pure and unfiltered boredom.

It's not that Keine is a bad teacher. That's not it at all. She seems to be concerned for her students and tries to make sure that everyone understands the lesson. In those areas she's more than talented. It's not a lack of passion either, you can see a sparkle in her eyes as she explains about the year 15xx and how that affected the present state of the world. That, in fact, makes you keep struggling to pay attention. It'd be extremely rude not to recognize her efforts.

Yeah, her main problem is quite simple. She just doesn't present the lesson in an interesting manner. You can feel her enthusiasm, but you can't really feel a connection to these facts that she's explaining. It's obvious that the children aren't very interested either. You see a couple of them passing notes and whispering amongst each other. You stay silent for the remainder of the class, pitying Keine on the inside.

You try to think of ways to make her more interesting. Maybe having the class participate in a game or activity? Perhaps role playing or acting out some of the scenes that she's describing? Or maybe it's just that Keine needs to change her tone of voice, or something. This situation is more complicated than you had first anticipated. Nothing seems like the obvious answer. You continue to fruitlessly think of solutions but come to no conclusion. The class period ends and Keine lets the children go, they're off to lunch now.

Some students stay in the classroom while others go outside to eat. Some of them have simple foods like bread, while others seem to have bento boxes full of a variety of food. Keine invites you to sit outside with her for a bit. You agree, having nothing else to do. You sit on a bench overlooking the play area. Keine asks you if you brought lunch and you show her the fruit you took earlier.

“That's no lunch at all!” She laughs at your lunch. “I thought that you would have brought a full course meal.”

She herself has a simple meal. A simple-looking sandwich. The two of you talk for a while, with her asking you about your impressions thus far. It's pleasant and peaceful. You eat your fruit but find that you're still hungry. It looks like it might be a good idea in the future to pack more to eat. Overall it's a nice, yet brief, lunchtime. Before you know it Keine gets up to ring her little bell and classes resume.

It's your turn to teach. This time it's science. Since it's basic natural sciences, you don't need to divide the class into groups, and can instead teach them all the basics. Sure, the younger kids might not get it, but you'll just have to explain it in such a way to appeal to all of them.

Keine isn't supervising this class. She tells you that she'll be in the other room, drawing up lesson plans and writing papers. You feel a bit nervous to be alone, but you start the lesson anyways.

The subject matter is geology. Still carrying around the lesson plans you follow them to the letter. You're no expert in this field, but the material is rather basic. You're covering erosion, weathering and all that jazz. It's hard to keep the students attention and some of them are chatting amongst themselves. It doesn't bother you that much, since you can understand their position. But still, it might be wise to keep them under control. You tell them to quiet down. They do so, but it only lasts for a little while. After ten minutes or so, you hear students talking and passing each other notes, at an even increased pace.

Well, this is going nowhere. Maybe it's time to try another approach.

[] Bah, just continue the lesson. Kids will be kids.
[] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.
[] Spice things up; offer them a prize if they can answer all of your questions.
>> No. 8393
> [] Spice things up; offer them a prize if they can answer all of your questions.

Works in a short-term sense, but then the kids will be more interested in gaining the prize and not the lesson, and will proceed to forget what you've taught afterwards.

> [] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.

More of a long-term plan, knowing what their interests are and how to manipulate them into studying willingly.

But then again, Shirou's just a short-term sub. So whatever works now is the best I guess.

[X] Spice things up; offer them a prize if they can answer all of your questions.
>> No. 8394
[X] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.

Bribery/rewards would be a good tactic to use, but can potentially backfire.
Since they're getting bored and distracted, engaging them directly and attempting to establish a rapport should help to at least draw their attention back to us. Maybe.
>> No. 8395
[x] Spice things up; offer them a prize if they can answer all of your questions.
>> No. 8396
[X] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.
>> No. 8400
This is a basic earth-sciences class! There are TONS of ways to spice up those lessons. Use a little imagination. Find a way to connect the students with the lessons, rather than using a shallow reward/bribe system.
>> No. 8405
>>8400
[+] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.
[+] Try to relate the lessons to the students, rather than just spewing facts at them.
>> No. 8407
[x] Teach the kids about about the most AWESOME stuff in the natural sciences--natural disasters!: megathrust earthquakes, supervolcanos, megatsunami, hypercanes, impact events, climate shifts, mass extinctions, etc.
>> No. 8410
[x] Try to relate the lessons to the students, rather than just spewing facts at them.

Now I'm kind of worried what'll happen if we end up being a better teacher than Keine.
>> No. 8416
[+] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.
[+] Try to relate the lessons to the students, rather than just spewing facts at them.
>> No. 8419
[] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.
[] Try to relate the lessons to the students, rather than just spewing facts at them.
>> No. 8420
[x] Get to know them better, ask them questions about themselves.
>> No. 8426
You stop speaking. It takes the noisy students a few moments to realize that you've become quiet. Your class stares at you, unsure of why you've become silent. You speak out.

“Well class, I realized that I don't know much about you. I can't make things interesting and teach you properly if I don't know about my students. So why don't you all share a bit about yourselves with me.”

It's a straight-forward declaration. You tell the children to please answer your questions. You start asking by rows, working your way towards the back. The answers to most of your questions aren't too surprising. Most of these kids are sons of farmers. Some have parents who own shops in town. It's nothing too exciting. These are normal run-of-the-mill kids. When you ask them about their interests you get the usual answers.

“Playing!”
“Fishing with my friends!”
“Jumping rope!”

All of the replies are in this vein. They describe normal rural activities. Heck, you even get someone who tells you that his favorite activity is churning butter. It's not surprising that anyone here doesn't really read for fun but they follow the stereotype to a fault. Although some of the girls, particularly the older ones, do state that some of their activities involve stuff like knitting and cooking. It seems to be pretty commonplace.

One of the boys, a serious-looking lad of about twelve, is the local butcher's son. He shares with you some of the trade secrets. How to best slaughter a pig. You hear him out, graciously listening to all that he has to say. After him, a couple more kids share their stories with you. It's interesting, in a homely sort of way, but you're afraid that this information isn't really going to be helpful to you. You'll have to think up some other time how to relate to these children. Learning should be an interesting process.

Your activity does have a major success on another front. The students have loosened up and seem to be more open with you. You're not sure if they're just trying to make you feel better, but some of them tell you that you're better than their old teacher. Apparently the old lady was very strict and bad at giving lessons. You laugh on the inside as some of the younger children tell you that she 'smelled like cow-doo'. You can't really allow yourself to show contempt for established authority figures.

You hadn't noticed, but a group of older students seemed to be conspiring. While you were distracted with the younglins they all hatched a master plan. When you look at them, they've formed a single front. They start to badger you. They claim that it's not fair that they do all the talking, and you should tell more about yourself.

“Since we told you about ourselves, we reckon that you should do the same. It's only fair.” Their leader, an older looking girl says. With her words, most of the class rally behind her. You don't really have a problem in talking about yourself so you oblige.
“Sure, I'll tell you anything about myself. Just ask away. Fair's fair.” You smile at them. What's the worst that they can do? You don't have any secrets.

They skip over the usual stuff. They don't seem that interested to hear where in the outside world that you come from. Nor about your past life really. It has you a bit miffed. Just what are they getting at. It's not very long before you hear their ulterior purpose.

“So then teacher, tell us. What's the deal between you and Miss Keine?”

Just like that they ask you. Straight out, with no restraint.

“Eh? Whatever do you mean?” You try act like you don't know what they're talking about.
“You know.” The leader speaks up. “We're asking you if you're lovers. We've seen you with her several times and it's suspicious.”

How did it come to this? These damn precocious kids and their gossip-loving ways. You try to weasel your way out of this one, but it's no good. No matter how you try to change the conversation they keep bringing up this same point. It doesn't look like you're going to get out of this one unscathed. Better think of a way to minimize the damage.

[] Enough of this. Forcibly resume the lesson
[] Deny the allegations.
[] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
[] Don't really answer and instead wink and tell them to be quiet about it.
>> No. 8427
[x] Don't really answer and instead wink and tell them to be quiet about it.

NON COMMITTAL ANSWER IS GO.
>> No. 8428
File 121769444111.jpg - (550.50KB , 1419x2000 , 006_281r.jpg ) [iqdb]
8428
[x] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
Keine would be pissed beyond all belief if we encouraged the kids to think we're a item. Besides, we basically have someone already.
>> No. 8429
[x] Declare your undying love for Keine.
>> No. 8430
[x] Deny the allegations.
Got a bad feeling about mentioning another girlfriend here.
>> No. 8431
[x] Deny the allegations.
>> No. 8433
[X] Deny the allegations.

Saying we already have a girlfriend might make them drop the matter about us and Keine, but it will very likely open an entirely different can of worms to have to worry about, and one more thing that will only serve to keep the lesson from resuming.
>> No. 8434
[x] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
>> No. 8435
[x] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
>> No. 8439
File 12177054465.jpg - (12.53KB , 200x200 , shirou02.jpg ) [iqdb]
8439
[x] Deny the allegations. You don't even know what a "lover" is.
>> No. 8440
[x] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
>> No. 8441
[+] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
Never know when little doll ears are about...
>> No. 8445
File 121771011583.jpg - (237.90KB , 402x742 , 120822026379.jpg ) [iqdb]
8445
[] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
>> No. 8446
[x] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.
Hmmmmmm, i wish i could say the same.
>> No. 8447
[X] Deny the allegations.

Really, I wonder what their questions will be next if we tell them you've got a girlfriend. Maybe 'Who?' or 'Did you do it?' or 'Are you two-timing?'? Now really, do you want to be hassled until class time's finished and you lose the battle AND the war?
>> No. 8450
[X] Deny the allegations.

"You've lost me, students."
or
"You've lost me."
>> No. 8454
>>8450
>"You've lost me, students."
Oh shit, we're Shirou, we can pull this off.

[x] Deny the allegations.
>> No. 8461
[x] You lost me.
>> No. 8462
[x] Deny the allegations. You've got a girlfriend already.

“Eh!? Really?” Comes the reaction from the girl who asked you when you tell her that you've already got a girlfriend. Dammit, is it that hard to believe? “You've really, really, already have a girlfriend?” You're asked.

How rude. These damn whippersnappers and their complete lack of respect for you.

“Now now, no need to act so surprised. I am an adult after all. Now could we please move on?” You say, hoping that the class will stop it's gossiping.

This, of course, is at best improbable. They barrage you with questions. Things ranging from “How did you two meet?” to a couple of more risqué questions from the boys. How do country boys even know what THAT is? You're completely overwhelmed and can't get a leash on the situation. Worse yet is the fact that they're not entirely convinced that you and Keine aren't an item. Apparently you've been seen leaving her house by one of the student's older brother and they keep bringing up the dancing. It looks like you won't get out of this one easily. You've just got to make sure that Keine's reputation isn't damaged.

Eventually, they do quiet down. You're completely exhausted though. Dealing with kids is tough. They're sharp, energetic, and won't back down. You had to try your best to make them see that it's important that you get back to class now. You make a couple of concessions, namely divulging some private details, and they settle down.

You resume the lesson, but ultimately, there's only ten minutes left. Those few minutes fly by fast and you're forced to end classes. You dismiss them yourself, sending them off. This was the last class for the day, and they're allowed to go home now. Like schoolchildren everywhere, they bolt out of school, hurrying on home. The majority of them say goodbye to you. That's a good sign. You wave at the leaving students as Keine comes from the rear office.

“So how did you enjoy your first day?” She asks.
“I was in troubled waters for a bit, but I think that it was fun.” You confess. “I'm looking forward to tomorrow.”
“Troubled waters?” Keine asks with a smile. “Do you mean having to share with the class the intimate details of your love life?”
“Ah... you were listening?”
“The whole time. I must confess that you handled it pretty well. Those kids usually rip apart anyone.” Keine tells you as she gathers some of the teaching material around the class.
“Err – thank you, I guess. I'll try not to let it happen again. I just wanted to get to know them better. Create a bond with them.” You say defensively.
“It's alright. But there's no need to do that.”
“What do you mean?”
“Those kids – they already like you.” Keine says. You can't quite picture them liking you. Not hating is one thing, but like?
“How do you figure?”
“Well, it's simple. If they didn't like you, your first day wouldn't have gone so smoothly. They may not look like it, but they're masters at pranks.” Keine giggles as if remember something humorous. “You'd be covered in horse manure and have at least one tack lodged into your body.”
“Haha, I see...” You say, trying to laugh it off. Are those children really that problematic? They seemed alright to you. Just normal spirited kids.
“Yeah, looks can be decieving.” Keine then changes the subject. “Say, tomorrow you don't need to show up as early. They've got calligraphy practice in the morning followed by some physical activities. You only need to show up in the afternoon.”
“Ah thanks for telling me.”

Keine is locking up. She's going to leave now. Despite the fact that it's still early afternoon. This could be your chance.

“Keine?” You call out to her as she finishes locking up.
“Yes? If it's about your pay, you'll only get it at the end of the week.”
“Ah, no it's not about that. I was just wondering if you wanted to grab a drink. To celebrate a successful first day.” You propose to her. She looks at you for a moment, before answering.
“Ah, I'm sorry Shirou. But I wouldn't want to upset your girlfriend. She might get the wrong idea seeing us together.”
“...” You're not sure what to say.
“Ahaha, no need to be so serious, I'm only joking. I can't anyways. I've got to prepare an upcoming test for the children. Some other time.”

...Wait. Does that mean she doesn't believe that you have a girlfriend either? Well, there's a dubious benefit in that assumption.

“I see. Some other time then.” You tell her before saying goodbye. You walk off in the direction of home, leaving her by herself.

Without Keine as a drinking partner, you decide to pass up the drinking excursion. It just put you off. Besides, you have a bad feeling about the tavern today. There seems to be a large concentration (more than usual) of well-toned, shirtless men standing about. In fact, you'd go as far as to say that they're planning something. You shudder as you think what it might possibly be. Especially when you see a really buff drag queen walking amongst them. You hurry on past the tavern. It's best to maintain your innocence for now.

The walk back to Eientei is tranquil. No large reptiles come and offer you a lift. In fact, the only lifeforms that you encounter are the rabbits. They seem to be goofing off as always. You shrug to yourself. You see Reisen walking about, looking busy in the entry hall. But she disappears when you call out to her. It looks like she's too preoccupied with work to pay you any attention. Well, that's not going to get you down. You cheerfully head to your room to relax.

You are pleasantly surprised when you open your door. This is definitely a first. Kaguya is sitting in your room reading a magazine. She looks at you when you come in and greets you.
>> No. 8463
“Hi there! I was waiting for you to come back. How was your first day?” She asks you and puts away her magazine.
“Hey Kaguya.” You greet her back. “I didn't expect to see you here. My first day was just fine.”
“I'm glad for you. I was afraid that maybe you would've been picked on.”
“Me? Nah, not a chance.” You say with an exaggerated wave of your hand. Is this what Kaguya thinks of you? That you're easily bullied by mere schoolchildren?

The two of you chat for a bit. Kaguya asks you about your lessons and how you think you did. You tell her the truth, exactly what you felt and did. She seems to be a bit bubbly. Ditzy even. Maybe it's because you haven't spent much time with her, but you're a bit surprised to see her be this easygoing. She laughs when you tell them that you were almost driven into a corner by the children. You ask her about her day. Trying to be polite. She tells you that not much happened. She spent some time with Eirin today, the two of them had lunch together.

Before you know it, you're having a great time. The two of you exchange jokes and comments, like the friends that you are. It makes you feel at ease and at home. Time passes by quickly and it's late afternoon when Kaguya excuses herself. She does invite you to eat dinner with her later, which you agree to. You've got around an hour and a half or two before then.

Still feeling lively, you decide to use your energy for good. You'll do your lesson plans now. It's best to be well prepared. Keine's help is appreciated but you should stand on your own two feet as well. Plus, this is a convenient way of trying out a teaching style. How you present the lessons is a big deal. You already know that the children (maybe) like you so it shouldn't be that hard to get their attentions. Holding it should be the priority here. You could use alter-egos, signs, even Albion to help you teach. Another approach might be to make it as if it's all a game and get the kids to learn while having fun. Activities and creative teaching can help as well. There's also the idea that you can ask them what they want to learn, and make it so they learn what's most interesting to them.

[] Old ways are best – just do Keine-style lessons
[] Draw up lessons that include the use of comedy and props to teach
[] Turn lessons into a plethora of games and activities
[] Make classes into a democracy, teach them what they want to learn
[] Don't think about it, you'll improvise as you go

----

I realize that these are not mutually exclusive. But think of it as 'general directions' for Shirou's teaching style. So choose the methood that would be predominant.

Also sorry about the lack of stadardized updates. I'll try to regulate update times.
>> No. 8464
[x] Don't think about it, you'll improvise as you go

Because plans always fail. Unless we have backup plan for backup plans for a backup plan. Then, maybe not.

Take it easy~, Shirou.
>> No. 8466
>[] Make classes into a democracy, teach them what they want to learn

Nice idea, but a little too liberal.

[x] Make part of class independent study, where you'll find them resources to learn about topics they're interested in individually.

Since there's no higher education to prepare them for, we're the ones who have to push the academically-minded into specific fields of study--fields they'll hopeful continue exploring after graduation.
>> No. 8468
[x] Don't think about it, you'll improvise as you go
>> No. 8474
[] Turn lessons into a plethora of games and activities

Oh ho, why not make the lessons fun?
>> No. 8475
[x] Draw up lessons that include the use of comedy and props to teach
>> No. 8476
[X] Draw up lessons that include the use of comedy and props to teach

Albion~
>> No. 8477
[X] Don't think about it, you'll improvise as you go

Since when does Shirou ever have a plan to begin with? Just show up and see what happens.
>> No. 8478
File 121773947428.jpg - (48.96KB , 476x354 , OnlyIdiotsPlanAheadOfTime.jpg ) [iqdb]
8478
[x] Don't think about it, you'll improvise as you go
>> No. 8480
[x] Don't think about it, you'll improvise as you go
>> No. 8485
[x] Don't think about it, you'll improvise as you go

Maybe planning ahead is a bad idea. You should just go with the flow. You ought to be able to face the challenges as they come up. No need to try a complex strategy. You'll do just fine by doing your best and nothing else. You do decide to make lesson plans nonetheless. It's important to at least have a clear handle on what you're going to be talking about.

It doesn't take you very long to organize your thoughts. You more or less have the plan worked out. Well, at least the material. What you're going to cover and when. The 'how' is the part that you'll leave up for improvisation. You do wonder in a moment of idleness about if you should also design tests and quizzes. It's boring, sure, but inevitable. You'll have to do it eventually. It might be a bit precocious to do it now. You'll give it a couple of lessons more.

After you finish your plans you drift off to your own world. In it, you're fantasizing about the continuation of your previous adventures. You're braving the harsh winter wastelands in search for an item that is said to bring back the dead to life. You plan to revive Albion with it. You've been driven mad with regret and longing and just wish to see her alive once more. Your bunnygirl companion is still faithfully by your side, tending to any injuries that you get during the course of the adventure.

You battle trolls, yeti, and even ice dragons in your fool's errand. You have become so jaded and cynical that you do not even help those in need anymore. It takes a close-call with undead ice dwarves and the subsequent wounding of your companion to realize the folly of your ways. The girl lives and you, with renewed purpose, set out to find the artifact. This time though you'll do it without despairing and losing sight of your ideals.

Time has passed before you realize it. It's been about an hour or so. You decide to freshen up a bit before dinner. You wash your face and hands in the bathroom and otherwise freshen up. You stretch a bit as well, moving your fatigued muscles and bones. It's amazing how these simple stretches can go a long way in helping you relax. After stretching, you decide that you might as well go check out if dinner is served.

You smell it long before you see it. When you approach the dining room you smell the delicious smell of freshly cooked food. You can tell that whatever it is, it's good. The sight that greets you does not disappoint. The dining table is covered with different dishes. Things ranging from simple white rice to lavish plates with different kinds of meats. It takes a lot of willpower not to simply pounce on the feast and eat like an animal. You decide to look around for Kaguya.

You check the kitchen and find that she's in the kitchen with Reisen. She's sitting on a counter while Reisen tends to a pot. She doesn't seem to be doing much work, but is probably supervising Reisen. Or something.

“Oh hey Shirou.” Kaguya says upon seeing you. “The rest will be done soon, Eirin will join us, so wait at the table.”

You leave the kitchen. Mainly because it looked like Reisen was feeling a bit pressured by Kaguya. She was almost hugging the stove and trying to look inconspicuous. Your presence wouldn't help much, you think.

You sit down at the table and wait patiently. No easy feat. Especially when there's all that food in front of you. If you wanted, you could discretely reach out and grab something. In fact, you're about to do so, when Eirin comes in and thwarts your plan. Drats.

“Good evening Shirou.” She says as she sits down. “I don't think that we've eaten all together before. It's a bit strange, since we often have dinner together under normal circumstances. Must be one of those things, eh?”

Eirin seems strangely talkative today. She takes off her cap and seems to be at ease. Well, she can't possibly be worrying about research and work all of the time. So it's probably normal for her to be this nice outside of her own corner. You strike up a casual conversation with her, something different from your usual discourse. It's refreshing, frankly. It's nice to know that she's got this nice sociable side as well.

It's not too long before Kaguya comes from the kitchen. She announces that it's all ready now. Reisen comes in with the final few missing items. She sets it down on the table and you see that she was working on some sort of soup.

“Well then, everything is here.” Kaguya announces. “We'll use this occasion to congratulate Shirou on successfully completing his first day as a teacher.” She claps her hands a bit, like one of those overly-happy tv announcers.
“Undonge, join us. You did a good job today.” Eirin tells Reisen.
“Yes master. Thank you.” Reisen politely thanks Eirin and sits down on an empty spot.
“That other one could join us as well if she wanted.” Kaguya suggests.
“Other one?” You ask.
“Tewi is probably goofing off somewhere. So it's not a problem.” Reisen says, answering your question.
“Oh. In that case then, let's eat!” Kaguya pipes up.

The four of you dig in. You help yourself to everything that you can get your hands on. It's all so good. There are no exceptions. You do try to hold back a bit, in order not to look rude. Everyone else takes the time to properly taste and chew the food. So you feel compelled to do the same. Man, it sure is different to eat with girls. Last time with Keine you ate like an animal and barely got away with that. Still, you compliment the food.

“Undonge is a good cook, right?” Eirin says agreeably.
“Everything is quite good.” Kaguya adds.

The chef herself remains silent. Presumably she's too modest to reply to the praise. You think that you've eaten her food before, but if you knew that it was consistently so good you might have not skipped meals in the past.

A conversation starts up. At first it's you recounting your first day but then the topic changes. It goes to a variety of topics. You can hardly keep up yourself. Eirin and Kaguya are quite the pair. The both of them looked so relaxed and at ease with each other. They seem to get along almost perfectly. Reisen does speak as well, but it's only to support the points of the others. She doesn't put forward her own unique opinion. It's all very much fun. Good food, good drink (beer), and good company. What else could you ask for?

Things quiet down a bit towards the end of the meal. Reisen clears the table and then brings some tea. The talk turns a bit more serious with Kaguya asking you about your ambitions. It's a bit unexpected.

“So, have you give any thought to what you want to do after all of this?” She asks.
“What do you mean?” You ask her in turn.
“Well, it's not like the teaching position is permanent, right? And you probably have some sort of dream you want to accomplish as well. Maybe you want to go back to the way things were before? Outside of the border? It's possible that you don't like being here.”

You're a bit taken aback at her directness. Where did this come from? You look at her face and see that she's got a calm and collected expression. It's obviously a well-calculated question. You scan around the room and see that both Eirin and Reisen are also staring at you. Their expressions are more of curiosity. It looks like they're interested to hear what you have to say for yourself.

You... haven't really thought about it. Living in the moment. You aren't even sure that you won't be suddenly frisked away by some secret society anyways. There's no way that you can give them a well-thought out answer. Still – they're looking at you waiting for an answer.

[] Be truthful, you don't really know.
[] You might want to go back to your own world
[] You'll get a job in something else
[] You'll take things as they come
>> No. 8486
[X] You'll take things as they come

In the end, isn't that really all anyone can really do?
>> No. 8490
[+] Be truthful, you don't really know.
[+] ...but you'll take things as they come.
[+] Definitely won't be going back to the Outside, though.
>> No. 8492
[+] Be truthful, you don't really know.
[+] ...but you'll take things as they come.
[+] Definitely won't be going back to the Outside, though.

Wandbaggon.
>> No. 8493
After his mundane job, his attempt at socializing is rejected by his coworkers, and Shirou goes home to zone out and play a game of pretend.

At dinner (which someone else prepares) other members of the household dominate the conversation unless its to ask him questions he can't easily answer.

Wow, Shirou. You sure are seizing the day.

[x] ¯(°_o)/¯ I dunno lol
>> No. 8497
[+] Be truthful, you don't really know.
[+] ...but you'll take things as they come.
[+] Definitely won't be going back to the Outside, though.
>> No. 8498
[+] Be truthful, you don't really know.
[+] ...but you'll take things as they come.
[+] Definitely won't be going back to the Outside, though.
>> No. 8499
>>After his mundane job, his attempt at socializing is rejected by his coworkers, and Shirou goes home to zone out and play a game of pretend.

Even better, the coworker who rejected him is also a woman he's been drinking and flirting off-and-on with, and said rejection came after he unknowingly confessed to having a girlfriend in front of her.
On top of that, her rejection suggested that she either didn't REALLY think he had a girlfriend, or she did believe it and her attempts to play it off as a joke was merely to cover up her feelings of hurt and possible heartbreak.

You can almost taste the failure.
I'd laugh, but if this means we have no chance of getting delicious soaped-up werecow tits now, then someone needs to pay. Dearly.
>> No. 8501
File 121777174945.jpg - (65.26KB , 400x450 , werecowinrice.jpg ) [iqdb]
8501
>delicious soaped-up werecow tits
Rice/gruel is the closest thing that I have to soap that's worksafe.

Also, you reap what you sow? Laughing is good for the body or something. So laugh it up, and don't choke up on the tears - remember that they're supposed to be tears of happiness. Not presumably bitter defeat. If you wish hard enough for something it might come true.
>> No. 8502
>>8501

Posts like this are why I'm still half-convinced you're some kind of elaborate, ultra-subtle troll.

I await my Feghoot End with bated "FFFFFFFFF".
>> No. 8518
[X] You'll take things as they come
>> No. 8519
[+] Be truthful, you don't really know.
[+] ...but you'll take things as they come.
[+] Definitely won't be going back to the Outside, though.
>> No. 8520
[X] You'll take things as they come
>> No. 8521
[x] You'll take things as they come
>> No. 8530
[x] You'll take things as they come

Taking it easy~
>> No. 8534
You're unsure what to answer at first. But it comes to you. Just by taking a look around the room you think that you understand. This place. This ambiance. The people around you. You realize that it's enough for you. It doesn't matter what tomorrow might hold. The fact that you're here and not alone makes it worth it. This place is your new home.

You make up your mind and answer Kaguya.

“I don't really know.” You confess, looking a bit dejected at first. Starting off with a reply like that, it's hard to be assertive. However, you soon rally. “However, I'm going to take things as they come, one step at a time. And I definitely don't want to return to the outside.” You look at Kaguya straight in the eye, showing your commitment to your answer. It's unsightly to falter.
“I see.” Kaguya simply replies, sipping her tea. She doesn't say anything else.

What was that all about? Did she expect that answer from you? You drink a bit of your own tea, savoring the contents. You can't really read the atmosphere here. It seems laid back on the surface... but you just don't know. You decide to enjoy your tea and see what comes up. Someone will break the silence eventually.

Surprisingly, it's Reisen who speaks. In addition, she speaks to you. She asks you a question. Totally shedding the previous inhibition that's been a staple for her during this evening.

“Shirou, there's something I've been meaning to ask you.” She says. You make eye contact with her. “It's about your clothes.”
“What about them?”
“Well, I was wondering how you got your previous pair of clothes so dirty. There were stains everywhere. Your shirt and pants were almost beyond help.”
“Mm, playing in the mud Shirou?” Eirin asks as an aside.
“Not really.” You reply. You're not sure if you should share this tale right now. You haven't spoken to any of them about Mokou. There's no guarantee that they won't react negatively if you tell your side of the story. Especially since you haven't heard from them what exactly happened.

You think up of a compromise. You'll just ambiguously allude to encountering a bloodied person and omit any references to either Eientei or Mokou.

“Well, you see, the thing is I got caught up helping someone.” You say with confidence. This plan is foolproof. “They were hurt pretty badly, and so I had to carry them around and treat them. This, of course, lead to my clothes becoming stained with blood. Don't worry though. I myself wasn't hurt and that person was fine as well.” Did they buy it? You look about and see that no one besides Reisen has reacted at all. Eirin is leaning back, relaxed, and Kaguya is gently drinking her tea. Only the bunny girl is even paying attention.
“Oh, I see.” She says. “I won't criticize you for helping other people, it's the right thing to do, but please take care of your clothes. It's a pain to have to scrub them in order to get all of the stains now.”

You try to picture Reisen scrubbing your pants with a small washboard and dishpan hands. It makes you feel sorry for her. You begin to apologize.

“Now, now.” Eirin interrupts you. “I'm surprised to hear this coming from you Undonge. It's not proper to complain about your tasks. Perhaps I haven't trained you as well as I thought. Or maybe I've let you off too easily lately.” Eirin muses for a moment. Reisen goes completely silent, hinging on every single word that comes out of Eirin's mouth. Now that's devotion. “Yes, now that I think about it, you have been given a break. You haven't helped me much with my experiments, and you've been given a lighter load around the house. It looks like you might be getting complacent.”
“Oh no master, that's not it at all.” Reisen replies, bowing her head down. It's funny because when she leans over her ears dip slightly into the tea, burning her. She flinches, shows a contorted expression, but doesn't let out a peep.
“Is that so? Well, I'll definitely re-evaluate your case. See if I'm right or not.” Eirin assumes a poker face. You think that you can detect a bit of a devious smile under that mask as well. Heh, it looks like she enjoys this.
“Very well, as you wish.”
“Eirin, how goes your work anyways? You haven't talked much about it.” Kaguya interrupts the exchange.

A dynamic shift in attitude follows. Eirin sits up. She dons a smile, completely wiping away the self-satisfied look that she had before. She looks as soft as a ball of cotton now. Reisen, too, gets up and sits in a neutral position, probably trying not to draw anymore attention to herself.

“Ah, well, you see. It's just that I haven't had any luck yet. So I've been avoiding talking about it. But don't worry about it, I'm fine. I'll figure something out soon.” Eirin tells Kaguya in a soft, borderline patronizing manner. You later realize that it's not patronizing at all, but it's Eirin's worry and affection shining through her words.
“If you say so. I just worry that you might take things a bit too seriously.” Kaguya replies in an aloof manner. “Bags will form under your eyes and your breasts will start to sag too if you don't relax once in a while.”

Kaguya's comment (naturally) draws your attention to Eirin's breasts. It'd be a shame for such a natural bonanza to be depleted like that. It's like a crime against nature or something.

“Eh princess, I'm not sure that's how it works.” Eirin replies chuckling a bit. “But I appreciate your concern.”
“Well, if I don't watch out for you sometimes you won't take care of yourself. I have to repay the favor at times, right?” Kaguya says with a smile.

You're pretty much enraptured with this exchange. You hadn't really seen the dynamic of their relationship before. It's... a bit heart warming. They really get along. Eirin belongs like a young maiden joking with her best friend around Kaguya, and Kaguya seems to completely relax as well. The atmosphere her is really laid back now and comfortable.

[] Start up a conversation with Reisen, you still haven't apologized
[] Ask Eirin how the patient is doing
[] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well
[] Excuse yourself; some fresh night air would do you wonders
---
>>8502
I don't think I have the heart to be a troll. Maybe only when it comes to /g/. But they have it coming for not discussing technology and instead having 'rate my build' threads and similar faggotry.
>> No. 8535
[X] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well

We need to apologize to Reisen, but that should wait for when we can be alone with her. No sense putting her on the spot and possibly embarrassing the poor moon-bunny in front of her master once again.
>> No. 8540
[X] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well
>> No. 8541
[x] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well
>> No. 8576
[x] Excuse yourself; some fresh night air would do you wonders

Hope Reisen follows, so you can apologize and ask what the fuck Eirin's problem is.

>You're unsure what to answer at first. But it comes to you.
>“I don't really know.”

facepalm.jpg

>“Well, you see, the thing is I got caught up helping someone.” You say with confidence. This plan is foolproof.
>Did they buy it? You look about and see that no one besides Reisen has reacted at all. Eirin is leaning back, relaxed, and Kaguya is gently drinking her tea. Only the bunny girl is even paying attention.

facepalm.gif

>“Oh no master, that's not it at all.” Reisen replies, bowing her head down. It's funny because when she leans over her ears dip slightly into the tea, burning her.

facepalm.bmp

>Kaguya's comment (naturally) draws your attention to Eirin's breasts. It'd be a shame for such a natural bonanza to be depleted like that. It's like a crime against nature or something.

facepalm.tiff

I have no regrets, this was my only path
So as a I RAGE, Unlimited Facepalm Works
>> No. 8577
[x] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well

Hotglue it easy!
>> No. 8581
File 121784236018.gif - (48.13KB , 387x259 , facepalm.gif ) [iqdb]
8581
>>8576

.tiff but no .png?

Here, have some facepalm.gif.

Oh and more voting would be nice. Otherwise I piss away my time watching Seinfeld reruns and otherwise not writing.
>> No. 8583
File 121784496016.png - (15.59KB , 285x281 , 1199949868001.png ) [iqdb]
8583
[x] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well

>“Oh no master, that's not it at all.” Reisen replies, bowing her head down. It's funny because when she leans over her ears dip slightly into the tea, burning her. She flinches, shows a contorted expression, but doesn't let out a peep.
>It's funny
>“Oh no master
>burning her
>contorted expression, but doesn't let out a peep.
>burning her
>It's funny
>It's funny
>It's funny
>> No. 8584
[x] Invite Reisen to step out with you to talk in private

If you guys wanna apologize to her do it right.

Hasn't been too much to really conspire about recently. Except of the freakish dream, god.

Now what if that WAS Eirin's report we were looking at? Probably would've been worth it not to bloody it up but my guess is that we wouldn't have been able to take it "back to the other realm" if not for that. Whatever's in that report is rather secret and fairly important to what's really going on I'm suspecting. Considering the rabbit's symptoms that Eirin explained to us, it wouldn't surprise me if, oh, Shirou ended up contracting the same thing.

Or worse, Eirin lied and used the rabbit as a decoy. A fake to ensure we wouldn't think she was conducting the experiment on US. You all remember that Eirin has injected countless drugs in us, right? Who's to say none of those caused these mysterious side effects Shirou's experiencing? Hallucinations are probably the least of our worries too; if we're not careful, this could have serious detrimental effects and could possibly even be fatal. After all, a true researcher will sacrifice life for the sake of knowledge.

Speaking of which, is she writing/recording these reports for herself? Or is it for something far more sinister? You can't tell whom she would be dealing with, be it Kaguya, Yukari, the Lunarians or anyone else for that matter. But if she is leaking this information to someone else, and this experiment is about you, then obviously someone is rather interested in you. Sounds peculiar...even more so if you were to think that, maybe, just maybe, the same person getting these reports are the same person that wanted you to "make your worth" in Gensokyo. What if getting a job was all a part of the experiment? Just watching and observing you in actual daily activities that have you working, possibly working out the very virus your body is carrying...

Suddenly, this sounds like it's a bit beyond just "Impossible Requests" does it not? Sounds like some truly surreal dream.
>> No. 8585
File 121784726873.png - (258.24KB , 495x361 , 123487989613.png ) [iqdb]
8585
>>8583
>>8534

>It's funny

[x] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well
>> No. 8586
File 121784749463.jpg - (373.59KB , 700x1038 , e75f4d9d33a91b9d79e29a907f7fc4db.jpg ) [iqdb]
8586
>>8585

OH GOD. TERUYO IS GIVING INTO HIS KIRA SIDE.
AND WITH REISEN AGAIN. FFFFFFFFFFFF. Hopefully not. PIC RELATED.

[x] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well
>> No. 8587
File 121785203058.png - (38.56KB , 1024x768 , neet.png ) [iqdb]
8587
[x] Talk to Kaguya; take it easy with her as well

You want in on this. This... state of relaxation. You want to take it easy right now. You scoot over, strategically positioning yourself closer to Kaguya and Eirin. You feel better almost immediately. You can take it easy like this.

“So, I've been out of the loop.” You make conversation with Kaguya. You choose a topic that's guaranteed to get a complex reply out of her. “Can you bring me up to speed on the latest episodes of Gayass? As you know I've been too busy distracted with things to watch it. Is it still as horrible as ever?”

Almost immediately, Kaguya's eyes light up. She takes a deep breath and it's like she's possessed. You can see that Eirin knows what's coming next and lets out a soft sigh, slurping her tea. It looks like you should brace yourself as well.

“Well, I'll be glad to.” Kaguya begins. “Well you see, they keep pulling off one ridiculous twist after another. Like always. Turns out that that chick gets captured by the moralfag and the shota keeps becoming more and more creepily obsessive. That dumb broad gets it, the cool girl becomes a moeblob, and the emperor goes 'just as planned'. There's also an ungodly amount of homolust. Really you wouldn't even begin to imagine the...” She just keeps going and going. Delving into judgmental conclusions and deriding both the ridiculous premise and forced drama. It makes you both feel an intense amount of nerdrage and feel pleasure at the same time. The rage is due to the bad show and the pleasure is at the way that Kaguya is animatedly explaining things; She loosely uses terms from your own (very special) subculture and you feel right at home. It's like you're chatting with her away via IM like the old days. You laugh at her jokes and make some of her own. She also laughs and the two of you have a blast.

Eirin seems to be a bit less than amused. She leaves after a while with a complicated expression. Maybe she pities the two of you? And Reisen is gone as well. Huh, you didn't even notice her leaving. This kind of talk doesn't appeal to her either you guess. Eh, it doesn't really matter where she went. She was hardly a factor at today's dinner anyways. What's important now is your buddy.

The two of you stay for a while. She brings you up to date to the latest in that series and more. She also tells you of a couple of good OVAs and other shows she's been watching. She even goes as far as suggesting that you should see some of the stuff with her some other time. You gladly agree. After all, that side of you has been long suppressed and it's about time that you let it shine through.

Between the two of you, you drank all of the tea. You took it real easy, staying up late having fun with a good friend. Kaguya excuses herself, saying that she's got to get up early in the morning. Or, more accurately put, she plans to take a nap before watching a live stream of some soap opera-like thing she's following. She invites you to watch, but you're not really interested. Plus, although you don't have classes in the morning, you should still get up at a decent hour. It'd be bad to get accustomed to sleeping late and waking up late.

Kaguya leaves and you're left alone in the dining room. You laze around, laying back and looking at the ceiling. It doesn't take very long until you're bored to death. Judging by the hour, there's little to do. Reisen has probably gone to sleep. And it's likely that Eirin is sleeping as well, or working like a zombie. Either way, you decide that a bath would be the ideal solution right now.

It's a quick affair, and you're done in no time. You feel that you missed one of your great pensive moments in the bath but it's okay. You've got the dirt and grime off of you and have now changed into your sleeping clothes. You joyously dance down the hall. A random no-name dance. This is due partially because you're bored and partially because you feel good about yourself. A random bunny seems to stare at you as you dance, probably weirded out by your behavior. You almost want to pick him up and dance around with him. But he's gone even before you get near him. His loss.

The options are limited right now. You feel a bit tired and want to sleep. It might be interesting as well to do so. You feel that you'd have a great dream in your current mood. Something unforgettable. But there are other options as well.

[] Go to your room and sleep
[] Find a bunny to dance with
[] Raid the pantry. The objective: booze
[] Check out the clinic
------
Sorry for the meh-length update. But I started feeling a bit ill and decided to abridge certain parts. Hopefully this will clear up in an hour or two.
>> No. 8588
[X] Raid the pantry. The objective: booze

The Booze God had waited long enough. It's time we give him the overdue offering.
>> No. 8589
{X} Go to your room and sleep
>> No. 8590
[x] Go to your room and sleep
>> No. 8591
[:D] Raid the pantry. The objective: booze

We shall fix our errors. We shall honour our God. We shall drink till dawn.

In other news. We could use albion to assist in teaching.
>> No. 8592
[x] Raid the pantry. The objective: booze
>> No. 8593
[x] Raid the pantry. The objective: BEARS
>> No. 8594
File 121785739736.png - (188.90KB , 384x288 , facepalm.png ) [iqdb]
8594
>You want in on this. This... state of relaxation. You want to take it easy right now. You scoot over, strategically positioning yourself closer to Kaguya and Eirin. You feel better almost immediately. You can take it easy like this.

>“So, I've been out of the loop.” You make conversation with Kaguya. You choose a topic that's guaranteed to get a complex reply out of her. “Can you bring me up to speed on the latest episodes of Gayass?"

here's your fucking facepalm.png

>Eirin seems to be a bit less than amused. She leaves after a while with a complicated expression. Maybe she pities the two of you? And Reisen is gone as well. Huh, you didn't even notice her leaving. This kind of talk doesn't appeal to her either you guess. Eh, it doesn't really matter where she went. She was hardly a factor at today's dinner anyways.

(╬ ಠ益ಠ)


[x] Raid the pantry. The objective: booze
[x] Check out the clinic

The two of you desperately need a drink and a heart-to-heart.
>> No. 8595
>>8594
I aim to please.
>> No. 8597
[x] Smash your head open and let the bean paste flow out.
[x] Eat it up easy~
>> No. 8599
>>8597
Smashing open your head - no problem. However eating the delicious contents - not so easy. It's hard to eat the very parts of your brain needed for your motor skills. I guess things would be different if you were a legless, deformed, bean-paste filled freak of nature.

Oh and I'll have something written in three hours time or a bit more. So votes are still open until then.
>> No. 8601
{X} Go to your room and sleep
>> No. 8602
[x] offer booze to the booze god
[x] but not for too long since we have stuff to do tomorrow. go to sleep after that, set pda to wake you up on time just in case
>> No. 8603
[x] Raid the pantry. The objective: booze
[x] Check out the clinic
These two options will go together brilliantly.
>> No. 8605
[x] Drink responsibly
[x] Wait patiently for death

After receiving his diploma from Eientei Technical Institute, Shirou gained steady employment as a schoolteacher in rural farming community. Despite a number of complicated relationships and dalliances, Shirou never married. He died at the age of 54 of heart failure complicated by his lifelong struggle with anemia. He was survived by no children. His burial was attended by a small group of students and friends.
>> No. 8606
[x] Check out the clinic
Might catch Eirin taking some more notes.
>> No. 8608
[x] Check out the clinic

Just ask Eirin what the fuck is going on: The hallucinations & memory loss, the disease, the impossible request, being summoned here in the first place, the project we were going to help her with but never did, that fucking death ray we knocked her away from.

Genuflect if you have to. Threaten suicide.
>> No. 8609
>>8594
Yeah, the choice reading "Talk about anime at the dinner table" instead of "take it easy" would have been appreciated.
>> No. 8610
[x] offer booze to the booze god

>>In other news. We could use albion to assist in teaching.

Reposted for truth.
>> No. 8612
[x] Go to your room and sleep
>> No. 8613
>>8609
Yeah, well, if you haven't noticed I've been more or less using time loosely. Making things go on autopilot. Trying to abstract things for a bit. All of your choices thus far (in the day) have been like this. Just a little something before the route locking. In fact, that should have been the last choice of the evening, but I decided to add in an extra choice just because.

Related to that, >>8610 isn't going to happen since you guys chose a 'wait and see' approach to teaching. Well, it still might, but not right away. In any case I remind you yet again that for the period of time detailing Shirou's job, things will be a bit accelerated.

The next update will probably be a wall. So it might take me a while to write it. Especially since I can't possibly write it all right away.
>> No. 8614
>>8613
>Yeah, well, if you haven't noticed I've been more or less using time loosely. Making things go on autopilot. Trying to abstract things for a bit. All of your choices thus far (in the day) have been like this. Just a little something before the route locking.
Wait, what? Then have us do things abstractly, if you can't even hint at the fact that this choice means "expose your power level at the dinner table, ruining the atmosphere and driving away Eirin and Reisen."
>> No. 8615
File 121787748116.jpg - (260.81KB , 1024x723 , a35bc7c133fbc1efab90dfd59d9c732e.jpg ) [iqdb]
8615
[x] Go to your room and sleep

I hope we get CAVED in the dream, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 8616
File 121787785543.jpg - (122.71KB , 600x842 , caaba1d7b47bb4fdde7fd887bd58b5f0.jpg ) [iqdb]
8616
>>8614

>Teruyo!Wo5j3FYZRg

'nuff said. So is the vote decided or not?
Either way, [x] Go to your room and sleep
>> No. 8617
>>8616
/eientei/ - /a/ meets /b/ and /jp/
>> No. 8618
>>8594
Teruyo is forcing a Kaguya path there.
>> No. 8619
[X] Find a (moon) bunny to dance with
>> No. 8620
>>8613
>Related to that, >>8610 isn't going to happen since you guys chose a 'wait and see' approach to teaching

Fuck, I thought we chose the "improvise" option? You know, throw everything at the board & see what sticks.
>> No. 8629
[x] Check out the clinic

EIRIN! TASUKETEEEE!!

Shirou is like Daffy Duck in that one cartoon where he's being "drawn" by Bugs.
>> No. 8635
[X] Raid the pantry. The objective: booze

BOOZE FOR THE BOOZE GOD, etc

also
>>8594 FUCK YEAH MEGABYTE
>> No. 8637
>>8614
Okay, that's valid. I'll keep that in mind when writing the options. But don't expect me to hold your hands the whole way. I already gave you ample warning that for a while the choices aren't just immediate 'now' things. They have several hours (days) worth of results. Keep that in mind and I'll make it more obvious for you as well.

>>8618
>>8616
As much as I would like to, not really. Hanging out and watching anime is not the focal points of my Kaguya route. At the rates things are going it's likely that she'll end up more as an antagonistic force this playthrough. But then again with anon you never know.

>>8620
Sorry, poor wording on my part. I meant to say that you'll improvise. The waiting and seeing was on a concrete methood and doing as the situation calls for (hence implying the extensive use of improvisation). Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time I mess up.

Also, I'm writing now. Creating a new thread since this has already auto-saged. Sorry about the delay, but stomach demons impeded my work. By the grace of the Emperor I think I've gotten rid of them and should be done soon enough.
>> No. 8638
>>8637
>At the rates things are going it's likely that she'll end up more as an antagonistic force this playthrough.

Huh, she wasn't already?
>> No. 8640
>>At the rates things are going it's likely that she'll end up more as an antagonistic force this playthrough.

Meaning, "so long deliciously-stroakable NEET hair," I'm guessing. Damn it.