[Return]
Archived Thread
File 121710401090.jpg - (92.19KB , 555x502 , alicemarisaandpoorshanghai.jpg ) [iqdb]
7967 No. 7967
[x] Go see Alice

There isn't any real point to sticking around. You look at the bottle once last time. There's a strong urge that wells up within you. There's no fighting it. You promptly declare your love to the bottle. You feel your heart beating fast and you face must be red. Just looking at it is enough to make you swoon. Alas, as an inanimate object, the bottle cannot return your feelings. It's a disappointment, one which under normal circumstances might have you brooding for months, but now you just accept it. What matters here are your feelings. And as long as you feel the same passion that you do now, the rest doesn't matter. You pat the cold glass bottle and lovingly place it back with the rest of your stuff.

Now that that's over with, you head along the path into the forest. The route is pretty familiar to you. You are able to make it to the familiar intersection without incident. There's a sign as usual. This time the sign seems to read “Mega blow-out sale! Don't miss this opportunity! Get your protractor today!” Huh. Well, there's no use trying to make heads or tails out of this one. You think that this is one of life's mysteries that you're not going to be able to solve easily. You veer off to the right, towards Alice's house. You reach the familiar structure in no time.

Alice is standing in front of her house, dolls hovering around her. You recognize Shanghai but you can't really see the other dolls properly. She's talking to someone. Ah, of course, it's the person that you just saw flying across the sky a little while ago. Marisa is talking to Alice, animatedly gesturing while she's at it. What an energetic girl. They notice you approaching the house. Marisa enthusiastically waves at you and greets you.

“Yo! Emi-yan~!” She yells out.
“Hey there!” You greet them when you get close. You nod your head to Alice in greeting as Marisa leads the exchange.
“We were just talking about you! I was telling Alice how I saw you walking with Reimu just now.”
“Aha, yeah, we were coming back from the human village.”
“The human village, eh? I hadn't seen Reimu dressed like that in a long time. Must have been something special, eh?” She jabs you a bit on the ribs. Geh, that sort of thing is annoying.
“Eh, it was nothing like that.” You say, noting that Alice has been pretty quiet.
“Well, I was just about to have some tea with Alice here, you can tell me all about it if you join us.” Marisa says, smiling brightly. Is she being dense or is she doing this on purpose? You can't really tell since she's always carefree.
“Well, uh, that might be nice.” You say, trying to see what Alice thinks. She just looks at you silently with a neutral expression. And then she smiles.
“Ah, yes, that WOULD be nice. You can tell us all about it. What you were doing with Reimu at the human village. I'm sure it's a fascinating story.” Alice finally speaks. Somehow you feel a bit scared at her overly happy tone of voice.
“See? Even Alice agrees. Let's go Emi-yan.” Marisa tugs your arm, leading you inside.

This could be bad. The paranoia that you were feeling earlier comes back in full force. It's a conspiracy, they're on to you. You're going to be strung up real good. If you're going to escape you should do so now, before she drags you inside the house. Otherwise your options are limited. There's a rational side saying that it's all in your mind, but it's being drowned out by desperate screams in your head. Your whole being is telling you to get the hell out of there.

[] Go along, you're imagining things
[] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private
[] Distract, break loose, run
[] Anemia option
--------
Whoops forgot my title in the subject field.
>> No. 7968
[] Anemia option
>> No. 7969
We're fucked now

[]Anemia option.

And pray its not a bad end.
>> No. 7970
[x] Go along. You're not imagining things, but you'll have to deal with this eventually anyhow.
>> No. 7971
[x] Go along, you're imagining things

"Don't get so excited; this is merely a tale of extortion and malnutrition."
>> No. 7972
[x] Go along, you're imagining things
>> No. 7973
[x] Go along, you're imagining things.
[x] Ask if they'd like to share some of this "spirit" with you.

"You've got to try this stuff. It's to die for."
>> No. 7974
[x] Anemia option
It'll be just like the Koakuma BAD END, only with much more creepy and scat.
>> No. 7975
>>7973
[x] Ask if they'd like to share some of this "spirit" with you.

hahaha wow

THINNER END
>> No. 7976
[X] Go along, you're imagining things, while we call the Thought Control Police SWAT teams to take care of this... "paranoia" uprising...
>> No. 7977
>>7974
That doesn't sound nice at all...
>>7973
Using unsuspecting girls as guinea pigs is not really out MO. Maybe if we hung around Eirin more we would pick up that unscrupulous side of her.
>> No. 7978
>>7977
>Using unsuspecting girls as guinea pigs is not really out MO. Maybe if we hung around Eirin more we would pick up that unscrupulous side of her.

[x] Eat Mokou's liver.
>> No. 7980
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private
Still not sure exactly what the relationship between Alice and Marisa is here. Amenia option is vaguely tempting, but God knows what kind of situation we'd wake up in.
>> No. 7981
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Marisa in private

What the hell are you playing at, you passive-aggressive bitch
>> No. 7982
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private

YES, HINAMIZAWA!
>> No. 7983
File 121710870649.gif- (30.38KB , 500x550 , 1205481521260.gif ) [iqdb]
7983
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private
>> No. 7984
File 121710912567.jpg- (214.90KB , 1406x665 , 1214340405443.jpg ) [iqdb]
7984
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private
>> No. 7985
>>7984
Heh, that always makes me laugh and then I feel bad for laughing.

Anyways, still waiting for the decisive vote here. Things are pretty split.
>> No. 7986
File 121710954040.jpg- (103.12KB , 500x761 , 12170355105.jpg ) [iqdb]
7986
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private

A happy Alice is a bad Alice, indeed.
>> No. 7990
File 121711039346.jpg- (120.14KB , 500x706 , 1206672790559.jpg ) [iqdb]
7990
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private
>> No. 7991
[x] Go along, you're imagining things.

We have a perfectly rational explanation for all of this.
>> No. 7992
[x] Try to insist that you want to speak to Alice in private

Shirou sure can't take it easy~
>> No. 7993
>>7992
>>7991
Damn you for keeping the votes pretty even. But the last vote was the one that tipped the scale. I'll start writing now, otherwise we'll be at this forever.
>> No. 7995
“H-hold on minute!” You yell out, resisting Marisa's tugging. At this rate you'll be dragged inside against your will. And god knows what will happen. Marisa stops pulling your arm, and looks at you. “I have something to discuss with Alice – in private.” Marisa looks at you, with a big grin on her face. Is it just you or did she expect something like this?
“Oh, Emi-yan has something to discuss with Alice? All alone you say?” Man, it's scary how she looks cheerful yet can send you those uncomfortable vibes at the same time. “It must be something very~ important~ ze!”
“Uhh, you could say that, I guess. In any case, if you don't mind...”
“Oho~ something not for my ears? That can mean only one of two things; Either it's something about me or it's lovers' talk. I wonder which it is, ~ze?” She smiles and puts on a carefree face. Damn she's good; you don't think any one could be this naturally easygoing.

You look at Alice, hoping that she'll help you out. She, uhh, looks to be a bit flustered. You see that she's blushing while watching this exchange. It doesn't look like she'll be able to help you get out of this one. You clear your throat and try to regroup your thoughts.

“Well, then, you don't mind, do you? It'll only be a few moments.” You tell her, trying to act as collected as possible. She eyeballs you, as if calling your bluff. But then, she lets go of you and puts her arms on her waist.
“Fine then, it's obvious that you want some special time now. I'll go wait inside until the two of you are finished.” She starts going inside by herself. “Darn it, Emi-yan, you're way too smooth.” She adds, but you're not sure if she's being sarcastic. As she goes inside she turn around slightly and adds a final few words. “No doing inappropriate things out in the open! Remember that I can see you through the window and other people might be watching as well.” She smiles and heads back inside. You just can't figure this girl out.

You're left alone out here with Alice. She still seems to be blushing a bit. It seems like Marisa's words had a profound effect on her. What a big misunderstanding. Shanghai flies around, hovering around her head and the other dolls headed back inside with Marisa. For all intents and purposes you're alone with her now. But, uh, you're not that sure why it is that you came to speak to her. Well, there's the whole bit about telling her about your new discipline. But, er, you made a big deal of talking to her in private, so you think that she's expecting something more than that.

Damn it, you raised the expectation for this exchange. And as such, you think that you've created a weird atmosphere. You're not very sure how to deal with this. Or how she will react for that matter if you just bring up a mundane topic.

[] Take this chance to quickly explain that you were not on a date with Reimu
[] Kiss her, that might satiate her expectations. Then tell her about your new job
[] Just tell her about your new job and get out
[] Tell her that you think that Marisa might be messing with you
>> No. 7996
[X] Take this chance to quickly explain that you were not on a date with Reimu
Shiii- i see our tickets to the boat cruise closer every moment...
>> No. 7997
>>7995

[x] Take this chance to quickly explain that you were not on a date with Reimu.
[x] Tell her that you think that Marisa might be messing with you.
[x] Tell her you came by to tell her about your new job.
>> No. 8000
>>7997

This, but:

[x] Take this chance to explain in full why you were not on a date with Reimu.

Rushing would make you look guilty.
>> No. 8001
>>8000
>>7997
Taking your time is fine, time does not stop while you're talking to her. This means that a lot can happen if you take your time.
>> No. 8002
[x] Take this chance to quickly explain that you were not on a date with Reimu.

Teruyo seems to hate multivotes.
>> No. 8004
>>8002
Nah, I don't. It's just that usually it's unreasonable to assume that if have a quick aside with a character that you'd be able to talk about a bunch of different things. I mean you could try, but you have to realize that time continues to flow. the world does not necessarily revolve around you. So everything has its consequence. That's my point. If multivotes and combinations win, I'll write it. But they're written in within a 'reasonable' context.
>> No. 8005
File 121711692513.jpg- (100.88KB , 568x960 , 120882053253.jpg ) [iqdb]
8005
[x] Take this chance to *clearly* explain that you were not on a date with Reimu. Don't act nervous, you did nothing wrong, just calmly tell her the truth.
[x] If she accepts your explanation, or is at least considering it, just kiss her and smile. Mention your new job as you bring her inside, you'll tell her more about it over tea.
Marisa's going to see the kiss, but does it really matter at this point?

Anyway, either we really love Alice or we're liars and are already dead. I'm going with the former. I like her anyway.
>> No. 8007
[x] Take this chance to explain that you weren't on a date with Reimu
[x] Tell Alice not to listen to a damn thing Marisa says
>> No. 8011
[x] Take this chance to *clearly* explain that you were not on a date with Reimu. Don't act nervous, you did nothing wrong, just calmly tell her the truth.
[x] If she accepts your explanation, or is at least considering it, just kiss her and smile. Mention your new job as you bring her inside, you'll tell her more about it over tea.
>> No. 8012
[X] Make out with Alice like she's the last girl on Earth
[X] DECLARE YOUR UNDYING LOVE FOR ALICE
>> No. 8013
>>8012
Fuck. not this again.
>[X] DECLARE YOUR UNDYING LOVE FOR ALICE
Congratulations, Teru. You got your first memes originate from your CYOA.
>> No. 8015
[x] Take this chance to *clearly* explain that you were not on a date with Reimu. Don't act nervous, you did nothing wrong, just calmly tell her the truth.
[x] If she accepts your explanation, or is at least considering it, just kiss her and smile. Mention your new job as you bring her inside, you'll tell her more about it over tea.
Marisa's going to see the kiss, but does it really matter at this point?
[x] Declare undying love for Shanghai.
>> No. 8016
>>8013
But...we already did that.
>> No. 8018
[X] Punch out Alice, block door, set house on fire with Marisa inside, run like a madman back to Eientei.
'
ANON HAS FAILED TOO MANY TIMES.
THIS IS THE ONLY PATH LEFT TO US.
BURN THEM. BURN THEM ALL.
>> No. 8019
[x] Burn the house down in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 8020
[x] Burn down Alice in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 8021
[x] Burn the house down in a fit of insanity.

I'M THE FIRESTARTER
TWISTED FIRESTARTER
>> No. 8022
>>8020
>>8019
>>8018
Even if you wanted too, you have nothing with which you could light a fire. Also, really now, if you have nothing positive to contribute then don't contribute at all. It's just not in-character for our Shirou to cause anyone any harm. When I return later, I'll post an update. So in the meanwhile, cut it out.
>> No. 8023
[x] Take this chance to *clearly* explain that you were not on a date with Reimu. Don't act nervous, you did nothing wrong, just calmly tell her the truth.
[x] If she accepts your explanation, or is at least considering it, just kiss her and smile. Mention your new job as you bring her inside, you'll tell her more about it over tea.
>> No. 8024
>>8022
Oh, you're no fun anymore.

[X] Just tell her about your new job and get out
>> No. 8025
>>8022
>It's just not in-character
YES. All writers should have this policy. Veto any bullshit joke write-ins that don't fit the story at all.

I don't mean like declaring our love for Alice, more like declaring our love for Keine AND Mokou AT THE SAME TIME. Or when a maid asks what you'd like to drink, trying to order her love juices. Shit like that.
>> No. 8027
[x] Burn the house down in a fit of insanity.

This is madness
>> No. 8028
>>8025
If a write-in is clearly meant to be a joke, I would think that NOT taking it seriously as a legitimate vote should pretty much go without saying. You know, what with it being a JOKE and all.

Then again, I wouldn't have considered "I want to be on the ships daddy" to be anything other than purely a joke, either, yet that was apparently a serious option we could have picked when we had our talk with Kaguya. Somehow.
>> No. 8029
>>8028
Trust me, that option was clearly a joke option. It just would have 'eliminated' it from the list. The cartography option wasn't legit either, but it would have affected your relationship with Kaguya. Well, these jokes are few and far in between. I prefer putting in references in the text for people to find.

But, uh, the problem with joke write-ins is that sometimes people start joining the bandwagon and it goes beyond a joke. It becomes the de facto action that people want. At the beginning of the story you could more or less mold Shirou into a different person and you guys opted for something that uses quite a few traits from his namesake. So while I normally encourage and allow any sort of write-in it can't be something completely out of character either. But ehh, I'm rambling on like some sort of senile fool. Damn whippersnappers with your internet subculture! In my day we had usenet and ideas were restricted to nodes. Or something.

tl;dr I'm updating soon.
>> No. 8031
[x] Kiss/hug her, that might satiate her expectations. Then tell her about your new job
[x] Take this chance to quickly explain that you were not on a date with Reimu
[x] Ask her casually about her friendship with Marisa.
I still want to know what's going on between those two.
>> No. 8032
>>8029
Actually, disregard that.Right now I'm just feeling really tired. So I'll be back in a couple of hours. Fresh and rarin' to go. If I write now the quality will suffer and I'm sure that I might write in some sort of plot hole or inconsistancy. I want to avoid that.

So yeah.
>> No. 8033
[X] Take this chance to quickly explain that you were not on a date with Reimu
[X] Tell her that you think that Marisa might be messing with you

For some reason, I think it's best to not get too involved with those two right now. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I'm getting some baaaad vibes from this situation.

Play it cautious for right now. Say our peace, clear up what confusion we can, and then back off for a while. At least until a chance to talk to Alice without Marisa around at all presents itself.

Of course, I think it would be good to slow things down with Alice, in general. I'm not interested in going after her, myself, but even so I don't think any good can come from trying to go too far too quickly too soon. We had an offer to dance shot-down because it made use seem like we were "trying too hard" and another confession of love to someone else was played off as a joke, and yet our more "serious" confession to Alice went off more or less without a hitch.
Considering the reminder we got about how relatively briefly we've known everyone but Kaguya, doesn't that seem just the slightest bit ODD to you?

Maybe she was just lonely and appreciates the attention and affection, or maybe we really did just hit it off that damn well.
OR maybe it's a sign that there's a little more to her than we've seen, and we should be very careful that we don't wind up with ourselves tied down to a bed with Alice breaking our legs with a sledgehammer. ...or winding up on a nice little boat somewhere, but as luggage instead of as a passenger.
>> No. 8035
>>Of course, I think it would be good to slow things down with Alice, in general.
Yeah, after 25 threads God forbid we try and get somewhere with someone who actually seems to like us.

>>I'm not interested in going after her, myself...
Ah, that explains it.
>> No. 8036
>>8035
>>Yeah, after 25 threads God forbid we try and get somewhere with someone who actually seems to like us.

It's not the number of threads, but the period of time that's passed in the story that matters.

>>-The most you've known any of these characters is 15 days (with the exception of Kaguya). I don't know about you, but relationships usually tend to take more than two weeks to cement themselves.

>>What Shirou should do:
>>-Not be impatient and overbearing.
>>-Be thoughtful.
>>-Take it easy.

>>Hard, I know. But the last few points don't just apply to Keine.
>>Seriously, taking things fast for the most part is worse than ADD or wandering off or, hell, suggesting to misuse your time together with your best friend just so you can get a kick out of it.

Think what you will of my motivations, but considering we opened ourselves up to a penalty for those little "hints" I think it's nothing short of foolish to disregard them. Otherwise...

>>-I hear that they have really nice boats in Gensokyo. So you might eventually go a head and ride one.

Or just keep doing whatever it is you think you're doing. Pursuing my preferences and giving you good advice aren't mutually exclusive, you know.
>> No. 8037
>>8036
>>The most you've known any of these characters is 15 days (with the exception of Kaguya). I don't know about you, but relationships usually tend to take more than two weeks to cement themselves.
>>It's not the number of threads, but the period of time that's passed in the story that matters.
Read /sdm/. We cemented a beautiful relationship with Remilia, helped her reconcile with Flandre, got Patchy and Alice together, saved Sakuya's life and gave her a good spanking all within the space of a week. Best goddamn VN ever, and the speed at which things moved didn't even feel slightly off.

>>Think what you will of my motivations, but considering we opened ourselves up to a penalty for those little "hints" I think it's nothing short of foolish to disregard them.
We're not talking about taking Alice upstairs, stripping her down and then banging her all night. We're just talking about giving her a quick kiss/hug and having a short conversation. Considering what's passed between us up 'til now, I don't think we're even close to moving too fast.
>> No. 8038
>>8037
That's more of an overview of an individual writer's skill than for these as a whole. If the writer himself says to take it easy, we can probably assume we're not dealing with that kind of format.
>> No. 8039
>>But, uh, the problem with joke write-ins is that sometimes people start joining the bandwagon and it goes beyond a joke.

Bible Black anyone?

>>8038

This guy is correct. We're not here to compare CYOAs, we're here for an experience different from others. If we wanted more of the same, we would've demanded the same writefag to start up a second CYOA. Different writers have different styles in just about every way they present their story, so if you don't like it, go to a different writer, don't complain to this one. Touhou Project has more then enough different writers to fill your niche now.
>> No. 8041
>>8037
>>Read /sdm/. We cemented a beautiful relationship with Remilia, helped her reconcile with Flandre, got Patchy and Alice together, saved Sakuya's life and gave her a good spanking all within the space of a week. Best goddamn VN ever, and the speed at which things moved didn't even feel slightly off.
The point you made here is wrong.

>>We're not talking about taking Alice upstairs, stripping her down and then banging her all night. We're just talking about giving her a quick kiss/hug and having a short conversation. Considering what's passed between us up 'til now, I don't think we're even close to moving too fast.
The point you made here is right.
>> No. 8042
>>We're not talking about taking Alice upstairs, stripping her down and then banging her all night. We're just talking about giving her a quick kiss/hug and having a short conversation. Considering what's passed between us up 'til now, I don't think we're even close to moving too fast.

Well, I would certainly HOPE nobody would consider doing that, but you never know with some people.
Still, that's not quite what I'm talking about.

We'd only been in Gensokyo a total of twelve days when we confessed our love to her. TWELVE DAYS. Considering how little of that time we actually spent with her, don't you think THAT was moving a little too fast?

While, to her credit, she did say she needed some time to sort out her feelings and "personal issues" first, I still can't help but think that she was still quite a bit more receptive than anyone else would have been had we confessed in the same serious and sincere manner.

Frankly, I think the normal reaction for anyone in that situation wouldn't be appreciation, but unease. If someone moved in near where you lived, and after hitting it off the couple of times you've met in the nearly two weeks they've been there they told you they were madly in love with you, wouldn't YOU be at least a little creeped out?

As clingy and desperate as someone would have to be to make such a confession in the first place (and our little Shirou certainly seems to be just that here), I seriously have to wonder about the sort of person who would actually accept such a confession.

Add in her apparent unresolved issues, some involving her mother, and there should be at least a few CAUTION bells ringing in your head.

But, again, perhaps I'm simply being paranoid. Maybe my worries are unfounded, and we're NOT setting ourselves up for some sort of disaster where Alice snaps and goes full-blown yandere on us.

Right. And maybe the only thing Kaguya and/or Eirin are plotting is a big surprise party in our honor.
>> No. 8044
File 121716872624.jpg- (269.40KB , 597x1200 , Alice16.jpg ) [iqdb]
8044
>>8042
>>As clingy and desperate as someone would have to be to make such a confession in the first place (and our little Shirou certainly seems to be just that here), I seriously have to wonder about the sort of person who would actually accept such a confession.
I usually would too, except that in this case, our interest looks like this. So I don't care.
>> No. 8046
File 121717896387.jpg- (131.37KB , 500x326 , Casey_and_Friends.jpg ) [iqdb]
8046
>And maybe the only thing Kaguya and/or Eirin are plotting is a big surprise party in our honor.

IT'S A FI-ESTA!

This was the first thing that came to mind. Don't interpret it as my intention.

Ah, and the people that have alluded to there being something more to Alice than meets the eye... well, you may be right. But then again that applies to all the characters you have met. I'm pretty sure everyone is keeping something from you. But that is human (and youkai? even lunarian?) nature. There's parts of you that you don't immediately share due to fear, shame, anxiety, etc. Or sometimes you don't show your other part of yourself just because. Unlucky timing or something. That doesn't mean that they're all negative traits or the people you've met are all nuts. But people are strange like that. Don't expect people to lay out their hearts on the line just like that. Even to close friends. It takes a large deal of trust to be truly open and honest about ourselves. Sometimes it can even be a painful process.

The original intent of the story was to have the first fortnight pass by really fast so you could 'slowly' (in game time) see these multiple facets and attributes while still going on at a decent pace (for the reader). But, uhh, somewhere along the way I realized that too many people thought it was a bad thing to take the days lightly and thought that it really mattered to be knocked out for a day. Yeah, you missed stuff, but in the grand scheme of things it probably wasn't much. I mean, I have recycled flags and events in such a way that it's hard to miss non-special (read: unique easter eggs mostly) flags. Sure, not every day you'll get to do laundry with Reisen, but you'd have the same opportunity to trigger a flag relating to her past for example. This is also why from now on you won't see any more indication of the day number in the threads. Starting from here on, time becomes irrelevant to the narration. The day to day aspect of the story is going to be toned down (that means little to no free random wandering through Gensokyo, at least not as before) and instead it'll focus more on interpersonal relationships and events.

Yeah, I realize that no one really asked me to explain all of these things. But I feel that keeping an open line of dialogue with my readers is beneficial. I really appreciate any feedback and commentary and I absolutely LOVE the theories and discussions that you guys have. It's like a reward for all my work. I try to weigh in as little as possible on these discussions, however, because I think that it's fun for you guys to try and figure out the plot (I am right, right?). Seriously, the bottle thing, the impossible requests, the debate surrounding those sequences with Eirin, I loved all of it. And, I hope it shows, I do take all constructive criticism into consideration and strive to make things better. So I won't really snub you if you feel I could improve in any way and you point it out.

Ah, I'm rambling on again. Anyways, I'm back. And update soon.
>> No. 8051
>>8046
Heh, you gained 10 respect points. Use them wisely.
>> No. 8052
File 121718153398.jpg- (2.31KB , 103x126 , 1215568598003.jpg ) [iqdb]
8052
>Casey_and_Friends.jpg
>> No. 8053
File 121718381825.jpg- (378.90KB , 2160x1450 , casey&friends.jpg ) [iqdb]
8053
>>8052
Where have you been?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28
>> No. 8054
>>8053
NO! IT'S GOT CHEESE!

Every single time i see that, i laugh. Awesome piece of work.
>> No. 8055
Well, you hope to dispel the weird atmosphere in one fell swoop. You command you body to act as restrained and self-composed as possible. It's important that you send Alice a signal of confidence and calmness. You wouldn't want her to think that you're deceiving her. You hope that you can act austere enough to show her your sincerity. You close the distance between you and her. You feel like you don't want to be overheard right now so you begin to talk in a whisper.

“Before you hear it from anywhere else, I'd like to tell you just exactly what happened. So do you think that you could hear me out?”
“Sure...” Alice replies with a weak voice. You're not sure if it's because you're whispering or it's because she expected something else that she replied thusly.
“After I talked to you yesterday I went to see Reimu. To ask her about any information she might have on whomever has been keeping an eye on me.” Out of the corner of your eye, you think you see a certain busybody peeking through the doorway. As a result, you lean in closer to Alice, gripping her shoulders gently with you hands. “The only way I could get her to talk was by buying her a steak. She insisted on eating a steak at some restaurant in the village. Since I had no other option I agreed to it. It cost me an arm and a leg too.” You complain more to yourself than to her. “But it was ultimately just that. And it just so happened that Marisa saw us on our way back.”

You steal a quick glance at the doorway. There's a shadow that seems to be intently staring at your direction. Talk about not having any privacy.

“I...I understand. If you say that's what happened then I'll believe you.” Alice says, looking up at you. She looks especially vulnerable at this angle. It's probably because you're taller than she is, but she looks like a diminutive cute little thing that is just begging to be held.
“Good, I'm glad.” You tell her and embrace her.

Seeing that she softly accepts your embrace, you bring down your head and briefly kiss her. She closes her eyes for an instant and all you hear is her soft breathing. Her lips feel soft and you think that you're reaffirming your feelings with this light peck. The kiss doesn't last very long and you pull yourself away. You smile at Alice and she smiles back. You look towards the door again and note that the shadow is gone, likely retreated further indoors.

“Let's go in, shall we?” You propose to Alice. You gently grab her hand and lead her in. “I have something to tell you.” You feel happy for some reason and return to your normal speaking tone. “I landed myself a fun activity. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be a teacher at the school. I'll tell you more about it over tea if you want.”

You enter Alice's house and go over to her sitting room. Marisa is sitting on a chair, legs on the table, looking bored.

“Yo, I was rotting here all by myself while the two of you did god-knows-what out here. It's not fair ~ze.”
“We weren't out there for too long. So quit complaining. Also, please get your feet off of my table.” Alice rebukes the crafty magician.
“Yes, yes.” Marisa replies like a child who has been scolded by her mother. She removes her legs from on top of the table. “It looks like Alice is is now on Emi-yan's side. How boring.”
“I am on no one's 'side'. I'm just pointing out that I don't appreciate you putting your filthy shoes on my table. Anyways, Shirou and I were about to have some tea. He's going to tell me about his new job. Would you like to join us?”
“Eh, Emi-yan has got a job now? Well, it's a tempting offer, but I think I'll pass.” Marisa gets up from her seat. “I have some things I have to do now. I only came here originally for a quick visit. Now that the two of you are together, I wouldn't want to get in your way.” She looks at you and winks. “So buhbye!”
“You don't really have to go. It's not like you're a bother...”
“Nah, it's okay. Like I said; things to do!” Marisa quickly scampers off, barely taking the time to properly say goodbye.

You're left slightly bewildered. You just can't understand that girl at all. Alice sighs and then tells you to sit down, she'll go make some tea now. You do so, sitting at the spot where Marisa was seated. The chair still feels slightly warm. You wonder if there was any hidden meaning in Marisa's words. You think that she was watching you with Alice earlier but you don't know how that's affected her actions. For all you know, she's as happy-go-lucky as ever. And you don't really know what she was going to say earlier either. How she was going to treat you walking along with Reimu. If she was going to make a big deal out of it with Alice. Well, it's no use to think about it too much.

Alice comes back with tea. As usual, her dolls seem to be doing most of the grunt work. She sits down and the two of you have tea together. You tell Alice the finer details about your job. How you're going to be teaching likely the math and science courses. She seems to be supportive of your decision, happily nodding and generally agreeing with you when you bring up the perks of teaching. At one point you become a bit self-conscious. You realize that it really makes you happy having someone be so supportive of you. She truly seems to accept your satisfaction and appears to be glad for you. It is with this warm fuzzy feeling that the two of you carry on for a while. After talking about teaching you talk about other things, like Alice's puppetry. Apparently she puts on shows for the village children sometimes.

As with all good things, this exchange eventually comes to an end. It is Alice that ends the encounter. She claims that she's sorry but, she has to check out a book at the scarlet library before it gets too late. You're tempted to ask her if you can tag along, but you realize that this would probably cause her needless worry. You know just how important her research is to her. Every time she brings it up she adopts a more serious tone. She says that she hopes that you'll understand. Saying farewell to her, you leave the house. She flies off, presumably towards the Scarlet Mansion.

Well then, you've been left alone in front of her house. Once again you're free to do as you please. Well, your choices aren't that varied, but still. It's the concept of being able to choose that matters.

[] Not much to do here; Head to the human village
[] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit
[] Kourindou might be worth checking out
[] There should be stuff to do at Eientei
----------
Sorry about that, my internet was knocked out for the last 45 minutes or so. So I couldn't post.
>> No. 8056
[x] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit
Witch games.
>> No. 8057
[x] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit
>> No. 8058
[x] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit
[x]Declare your undying love for Marisa.
>> No. 8059
[X] Kourindou might be worth checking out
see if we can find a shotgun
you never know when you might need it... someone might try feeding us tacos...
>> No. 8060
[x] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit
>>Still not sure exactly what the relationship between Alice and Marisa is here.
>> No. 8061
[x] Not much to do here; Head to the human village

We might want to go confirm a few things, like when we're supposed to show up for work.
>> No. 8062
[x] Find Keine
[x] Profess your undying love to her

Goddamn it, why are we back on the Alice route?
>> No. 8063
[x] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit

Just what the hell is your problem, Chuckles?
>> No. 8064
[X] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit

My senses tells me that a waft of yandere Marisa is suspiciously present. Am I just being paranoid?
>> No. 8065
>>8062
'Back on' implies that we left it at some point. All Shirou's done with Keine/Reisen/[insert name here] is act overly forward towards them, which's achieved nothing. Alice is the only character we've been consistently getting on with / haven't screwed up with yet.
>> No. 8066
>>8064
>My senses tells me that a waft of yandere Marisa is suspiciously present. Am I just being paranoid?

No, she's been like that from the beginning.
>> No. 8068
[x] Maybe it'd be a good idea to pay Marisa a visit

There's something that's been putting you off about Marisa for a while now. What better way to find out what it is than to go and visit her? Luckily for you her home is pretty close by. You first head to the all-too familiar junction. As if by some witchcraft you notice that the sign has changed its message yet again.

“Mozzarella>Munster>Brie”

That's what the sign says now. Nothing else. Seriously, why do you even bother to read it every time you pass by? It's not like it makes sense very often. You shake your head and continue to the Kirisame Magic Shop. It doesn't take you much time at all to reach it. The small shop is really easy to get to once you know the way. You walk up to the door and knock before entering.

Well, you would have entered if it weren't for the fact that the wooden door seems to be locked. You notice that there's a small sign that's hanging on the door. You can't really make out the sloppy handwriting at first. However, you think that it says something like 'closed'. There are no sounds nor smells coming in from the inside. You peer through a nearby window. This should be a window that's in the main room on the ground floor. You can't see much since the curtains are drawn, but you don't think there's anyone in there.

You take a couple of steps back. It looks like Marisa didn't come back here after leaving Alice's. Or she did and left again. Either way, you don't think you'll find her lurking about. It looks like she really did have business to take care of. Well, you feel like a bit of a loser, but you could wait for her here. She might not take very long in coming back. Nah, that just makes you look like a loser. You start to walk away from her home. But you stop after a couple of steps. Truth is, you're not sure what to do right now.

[] Wait around for a bit
[] Go to the village
[] Check out Kourindou
[] Back to the mansion of eternity
[] Follow your nose!
>> No. 8069
[x] Follow your nose!
>> No. 8070
[X] Follow your nose!
Surprise option!!!
50-50% Chance of getting a BONUS or a BAD END!!!
HEAVEN OR HELL! LETS ROCK!
>> No. 8071
[x] Follow your nose!
>> No. 8072
[x] Check out Kourindou
Marisa may be there. That's if she isn't currently off at a secret rendezvous with Alice/Kaguya/Gensokyo's Illuminati planning our untimely death.

So, how do we get to Kourindou?
[x] Follow your nose!
>> No. 8076
[X] Follow your nose!

Also, I have torrented Fate/stay night because of this and many other LAs
>> No. 8078
[x] Follow your- BEAAAARSSSSSSS
>> No. 8079
File 121719903638.gif- (92.40KB , 359x600 , 1210517267007.gif ) [iqdb]
8079
>>8053
>> No. 8080
[x] Follow your nose!

You're leaving. Yeah, no point in sticking around here. However, you don't really have any real destination in mind. You decide to go where your heart tells you to go. You do, however, stick to the paths. You don't really want to stumble upon those nasty tentacles or run into any other weird inhabitant of the forest. This does mean that you stray from the main paths. It's not too bad. The overhead tree canopy blocks out the sun, so you don't feel that hot. The trees themselves look pretty normal. Like the kind you might find in any normal forest. There's nothing that sets them apart from their brethren on the outside.

You keep at it, turning into other paths as you come across them. It's nice to take a stroll like this, with no cares in the world. My, it would seem that you've got a companion. A friendly looking bear has been walking some ten meters to your right for a while now. You stop and look at the majestic beast. It stops as well. Its shiny brown coat and soft looks make it look extremely huggable. With just one look at its eyes you come to an understanding. It'll leave you alone if you leave it alone. It seems that the bear likes to take strolls as well and you've coincidentally come upon its usual route. No worries, you'll just keep following your nose. You resume walking, this time whistling a simple tune. You're in such a carefree mood that you don't even notice when exactly it is that the bear disappears from your sight. When you do notice, you silently nod your head, bidding your walking partner farewell.

Ah, it looks like your walk through the forest has come to an end. You see a lot of sunlight coming from where the tree line ends. You have reached the edge of the forest. You take a glance around. It looks like You've exited on a side that borders the lake. Below you, about 100 meters ahead, you see the lake's shoreline. The terrain gently slopes down towards it. It's just an open field of grass here. The path that you're on seems to end abruptly where you stand and it just leads to this. Off to the distance, to the right, you see Youkai Mountain. And to the left, you see just open terrain bordering both the forest and the lake. From what you recall there should be a path that borders the lake all the way back to the village. But you can't see it from here. Maybe you came out somehow somewhere you haven't been before? You can't be lost because you have identified two easily recognizable landmarks. Maybe you're just mistaken on where the path was.

Yeah, that must be it. You take a few steps towards the lake. You don't know why, but every time you look at it, it seems to soothe your very soul. A part of you feels like running in and taking a nice refreshing dive in the lake. But well, the sun is still high up and this grassy knoll sure feels nice. You're sure that a nice nap would do your body wonders. You are, after all, for all intents and purposes taking it easy now. Nature sure can be nice.

Hey, that's nice. You think that you see a couple of lights around the edge of the lake, flickering on and off. They're kind of like fireflies, but different colored. There's a yellow one, a red one, and other colors too. You wonder what they could be. As soon as you think about going to see them, they disappear. Maybe you're just seeing things. Fireflies come out later in the evening anyways.

You check your PDA to see the time, but to your dismay, find that it's powered off. It looks like it got less charge in than you anticipated. Well, it did only charge for less than hour. So it's not that big a deal. Judging by the position of the sun in the sky, you think that it's sometime in mid-afternoon now. You've still got a lot of light left in the day.

[] Take a swim in the lake
[] Take a nap here
[] Go towards Youkai Mountain (in the direction of the Village probably)
[] Go towards the other side (in the direction of the Scarlet Mansion probably)
--------
>>8076
Enjoy your mana transfer and thickheaded protagonist.
>> No. 8081
[] Take a swim in the lake

CIRNO
>> No. 8082
[X] Go towards Youkai Mountain (in the direction of the Village probably)

We can't stop here, this is fairy country!
>> No. 8083
[x] Take a swim in the lake
[x] Take a nap afterwards

Will Shirou finally meet the one being as stupid as he is?
>> No. 8085
[x] Take a swim in the LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
>> No. 8086
If I recall correctly, the lake is rather dangerous.

By the way, when was the last time weather was referred to in this LA? Would be nice if it rained or at least sprinkled once in a while, or some other weather effect.

[x] Go towards Youkai Mountain (in the direction of the Village probably)
>> No. 8087
[x] Take a swim in the lake
>> No. 8088
[X] Take a swim in the LAHAHEHEHAKEEEEEEE~
>> No. 8089
>>8083
>>Will Shirou finally meet the one being as stupid as he is?

Perhaps when Gensokyo freezes over...
>> No. 8090
>>8089

Letty's not stupid. But Cirno is!

[X] Call for Cirno
>> No. 8091
>>8086
It rained only three days ago in the story. And before that it had rained one of the nights in Eientei. Beyond that, I don't think there's anything else I could mention. Maybe if you visit the lake in the morning you'll see all of the thick mist that covers it.

Yeah, swimming won. Writing.
>> No. 8092
>>Yeah, swimming won. Writing.

Nice knowing you, guys.
>> No. 8093
>>8091

...I find it funny that I can't remember these events. Maybe my head needs to be checked.
>> No. 8094
Lake route is go?
>> No. 8095
>>8094

[x] Declare your undying love to the lake
>> No. 8098
File 121721153086.jpg- (45.31KB , 576x324 , randomprettylake.jpg ) [iqdb]
8098
[x] Take a swim in the lake
.
Ah that that deep blue color is just too lovely. You can't resist the allure of the lake. You walk down the gently sloping hill down to the shore of the lake. It's just so peaceful. You hear birds singing off in the distance. The conditions are ideal for you to take a dip in the lake. Surely nothing bad will happen if you just cool off for a bit. It would be a welcome respite from the hot day. No time for indecision. It's lake time!

You start to unfasten your clothes. It's always a bit of a chore to get out of the kimono. You strip down to your birthday suit. It'd just be stupid to get any of your clothes wet now and you're sure that there's nobody watching. You leave your clothes and possessions on a nearby rock. You still feel a bit self-conscious though. You timidly step towards the water. Minute waves, less than an inch in height, lap up on the shore. You first test the water with your toe. It's cold. Really cold. It causes your body to shudder and certain parts of your body already react to the coldness. This is almost enough to put you off from the idea. But, you're not swayed. You want to do this. If not now, then when?

This time you put your whole foot in. Yes – it's cold. But after leaving your foot in for a minute or so you figure that it's not too bad. It's just the initial shock that you need to get past. Well then, it's just a matter of willpower then. You take a step into the lake. Now both of your feet are inside of the water. You feel the cold on your other foot, but you ignore it. Instead you are adamant about going in all the way. Little by little, you submerge yourself. This part of the lake isn't very deep, instead it's just a continuation of the gentle sloping from above water. The ground below you is smooth, there are very few rocks that prick your feet. You had somehow expected the lake to have a lot of rocks in it, but this seems to not be the case.

The parts of you that were first submerged are now comfortably cool. This causes your to pick up your pace. You do slowdown, however, when the water starts to reach your upper thighs. The next part is almost painful, but you manage to quickly submerge yourself up to your waist without much incident. You're sure that the sensitive parts of you will eventually forgive you for your chilling treatment. You continue to go deeper into the lake until your abdomen is submerged. It is then that you decide to take it all the way.

You take a deep breath and then crouch down. Sounds of bubbles and water sloshing around are what you hear. Your whole body is surrounded by water. You can feel your hair freely moving around in the water. It feels good. You rise back up. Water weighs down your hair and drips down your body. You feel rather refreshed. Looks like coming in here was a good idea after all. You submerge yourself yet again, this time opening your eyes inside of the water. You can't see much, the bottom of the lake seems to be murky and you can barely see your feet. You rise back up. Well, it's okay that you can't see very well underwater. But it doesn't stop it from being a bit disappointing.

Now you decide to swim a bit. There's an almost limitless amount of water that you can swim in. You could even swim to the far shore if you wanted. It's possible but you can just barely see where the lake ends. It's best to start with something easy. You swim in place, not really bothering with any particular style. Shifting between crawl, breast stroke and other swimming styles, you swim for a couple of minutes. But eventually you decide to stop trying to do so. Instead, you just float around, lazily looking up at the sky. Only a few clouds decorate the sky, dotting here and there the otherwise blue tapestry with white marks.

This is nice. Your body has adjusted to the temperature and you no longer feel cold. If it weren't for the occasional effort that you have to make in order not to sink, you could fall asleep like this. You actually think that you might fall asleep if you carry on like this. So you get back on your feet. You've drifted off into a deeper part of the lake and now the water reaches up to your neck. Not a problem. You swim back towards the shore. Something catches your eye though. A soft red glow. And it's coming from underwater as well. The glow makes the water seems like a neon sign. It's awfully strange. It's just a couple of meters off to your right. It doesn't look like it could be something found normally in nature. But then again, why would something man made be in the lake like this?

[] Go investigate the source of the glow
[] Ignore it; Continue to swim around
[] Ignore it; leave the lake
-------
Eh, meant to update earlier. But I got caught up in making decisions and planning ahead. Will probably update faster now.
>> No. 8101
[] Go investigate the source of the glow
>> No. 8102
>>8098
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow

And now the Lady of the Lake will grant us Excalibur.
>> No. 8103
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow
>> No. 8104
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow

In b4 Cirno jacks our clothes and we have to streak back to Eientei
>> No. 8105
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow
[x] If it flies off into the forest, don't chase it for half the fucking day AGAIN
>> No. 8106
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow
[x] If it flies off into the forest, chase it for half the fucking day AGAIN
>> No. 8107
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow
[x] If it flies off into the forest, don't chase it for half the fucking day AGAIN
>> No. 8108
>>8107
>>8106
>>8105
Blue light floating about in the air =/= reddish glow in the water. Not that it really matters anyways.
>> No. 8109
[X] Go investigate the source of the glow

This won't end well.
>> No. 8110
[] Go investigate the source of the glow
>> No. 8111
>>8104

[x] Go investigate the source of the glow

>In b4 Cirno jacks our clothes and we have to streak back to Eientei

Excellent. Even better than a BAD END
>> No. 8112
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow
[x] Declare your love to nothing in particular.
>> No. 8113
>>Declare your love to nothing in particular.

And then Shirou was a nihilist.
>> No. 8115
[X] Go investigate the source of the glow
since there's little use fighting against the current, take a deep breath!
>> No. 8117
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow
[x] If it flies off into the forest, don't chase it for half the fucking day AGAIN

Did you take over WUiG now?
>> No. 8119
>>8117
7 minutes?
I am writing, albeit at a snail's pace. Such is life.

Also, I've mentioned this before but, hypothetically speaking, if you were to encounter a mesmerizing light like before it would likely cause you to follow it hypnotically like before. It's not a conscious decision, so voting wouldn't help. This is because it's a spoiler, lol. If you wanted to resist the light's influence you'd need to probably execute a willpower check. Which you'd likely fail. Due to the aforemetioned reason AND the fact that you'll have a penalty on your next check of any sort. So yeah, resistance is futile. This is hypothetically speaking of course. The truth? Well, you'll find out after 7 more minutes.

tl;dr update soon, and trying to think your way out of hypnosis ain't gonna help.
>> No. 8120
>>8119
>if you were to encounter a mesmerizing light like before it would likely cause you to follow it hypnotically like before. It's not a conscious decision, so voting wouldn't help. This is because SHIROU LIKE SHINY THING.
>> No. 8123
[x] Go investigate the source of the glow

You can't just ignore this glow in the water. It's... unnatural. More than that it feels completely out of place. Furthermore the glow seems to originate from a single point. Meaning that whatever it is it isn't moving. It's strange that you hadn't noticed it before. Normally something like this would stand out almost immediately. Well, time to check it out.

You swim towards the glowing light. You keep your distance as you try to find out what's causing the light to appear. There are no tell-tale signs in that as far as you can see . The source of the light doesn't seem to be something obvious like a floodlight. Gradually, you start closing in more and more. It's odd... at the depth that the object should be, you would normally be able to see at the very least some contours. Now you're really curious. You want to get to the bottom of this. Come hell or high water. You decide to take the investigation one step further.

You take a breath and dive under the water. When you open your eyes you see that everything is tinted in an unsettling shade of red. It's like the water is bleeding. That's the impression that you get, as nonsensical as it may sound. You try to see where it is that the light is the most intense and swim towards it. The light hurts your retinas, and you feel like looking away. But as you close in your desire to find out what's causing all of this supersedes the complaints your body puts forward. You can't quite see the object, so you feel around instead where the light is brightest. Your hands hit the sandy bottom, almost blindly groping around. You don't know what it is that you seek, but it should be grabable.

After groping around for a bit your hands hit something. Or rather something hits your hand. It feels like it's something soft. Maybe a living creature? You figure that you can hold your breath for a bit longer and look to touch whatever it is again. You don't even have to wait very long. That same thing touches your hand again. You can't quite see what it is due to the blinding flood of red. Surprisingly enough instead of you grabbing it, it grabs you. You're held by your wrists, restrained by some unseen thing. You try to resurface but to no avail. You then try freeing your captured hand with your other hand. But it only results in your free hand being restrained as well. Your mind starts screaming out that you need air and your lungs begin to feel like they're burning. This ain't good.

In your panic you inadvertently lose a lot of oxygen. Whatever it is that has a hold on you is now pulling you in. You're powerless to struggle as you thrash about. Being completely naked you have nothing at your disposal to get you out of this jam. Even if you did you'd have no way to use anything with both hands otherwise restrained. This is it. You think that this time you're toast. There's going to be no knight in shining armor to save the day. Heck, you'd be surprised if they even found your corpse after whatever the hell this thing is finishes with you. The worst, and most frustrating, part is that if you were to stand up you could breathe. You try to hold on to the very end, not breathing in water. But the lack of fresh oxygen to your brain proves to be too much. You don't even notice when your senses abandon you and you're plunged into a world of darkness.
-----------
Part 1/3, rest will come a bit later. I doubt anyone is still around at this hour anyways.
>> No. 8124
hi
>> No. 8125
File 121723907947.jpg- (29.53KB , 430x353 , yellow_room.jpg ) [iqdb]
8125
In front of you is a yellow room. In between you and the room lies a long dark hallway. There are many doors on the side of the hallway, but most of them are locked. How is it that you know? It's a simple fact. Just like the fact that you need to go to the room. Way out here, where you stand, there is almost no light. If you put out your hand in front of you, you can't see your fingers properly. You're not even sure how you can see the doors out here in the hallway. Your common sense tells you that they should all be wrapped in the same darkness that surrounds yourself.

Yes – after all, the only source of light is that room. That lone yellow room. It calls to you. Just looking at the direction in which it lies makes your heart beat fast. It's a strange feeling. One that you haven't felt for a long time. You had forgotten the name of this sentiment. If it's to be put into human terms, you guess that it would have to be called nostalgia.

That's right – this is nostalgia. A longing. Something that you've been missing. For a very long time now; years maybe? Longer than that? It's so familiar yet, because of the passage of time, it feels so foreign. You feel apprehensive. Like an adult returning to the house in which he grew up. There's always that doubt – the lingering thought in the back of the mind – the inevitable comparison.

Comparing things to the way you remember them to the way that they stand now.

You find that you're trembling. Is it because you're cold? This place doesn't seem to be very warm.

That's not it. That's not it at all. This isn't due to the temperature. It's due to your own feelings. You're feeling something that all living beings feel. Something that's deeply inscribed into all life forms. It's a survival mechanism after all. An indispensable tool.

Yes – you're feeling fear. Fear of change. Or is it fear of the unknown? Or of the past? It doesn't matter now much anyways. You're here and there's no other option other than walking forward. You place your hand on your bosom - it's warm. You feel around for your heartbeat. Your heart is beating with an irregular beat. It's something more than fear you think. It's excitement as well that's making you feel like this.

You take a quick look behind you. You don't know why. Just for the sake of doing so perhaps. A black darker than the most empty stretches of the cosmos extends behind you. It's not that there's a lack of light behind you, but rather the concept of light doesn't exist there at all. It's a pure place. Not to be feared. Unlike that which lies in front of you.

You gulp down hard. You can't linger around here forever. It's just not possible. It's not allowed. Nothing will happen unless you take a step forward. Or maybe something will happen. That scares you. That thought scares the living hell out of you. The unknown. No, you can't allow that to happen.

You take a step forward. It's as if you're unsure of how to walk. You stumble for a bit but don't fall over. You try again to walk. This time it's much easier. Now that your motor skills seem to be working you walk towards the light. You pass discarded trays and carts on your way. They've been strewn around as if they have no importance. As if they're just disposable tools that are of limited use and always break down.

You see it, despite the darkness. The decrepit state of this building. A lot of the doors have holes in them. Gaps leading to places unknown to you. You avoid looking at them. You do not want to know what lies there. You do not need to know. The walls as well are discolored; the paint is flaking all over and there are stains caused by the age of the coat of paint. The walls – the whole edification, they were once completely white. Pure as pristine mountain snow. But now, despite the lack of color, you know that everything has acquired a sepia tone. It's all over. It's finished, done, kaput. What was once a peaceful and calming color is now a dirty, filthy canvas.

You don't relent. Edging closer to the room. You can see a couple of details now. A few small tables. Operating lights. Yes, excellent. It's just as before. Just as that time. There's still hope. There's still a chance.

You're happy. It makes you really happy to see this. You quicken your pace, ignoring the debris and obstacles in your path. It is then that you hear the voice. That voice. That damn voice. It was always there, you recall now. Always singing. Always, always singing. Singing what, you don't know. You suppose that it's soothing for the singer. But to you it just makes you feel sick. Sick to your stomach. You don't really know if it's a male voice or a female. So much time has passed that you don't think that it's important. It's sickening. There's no doubt about it. With everything else was going on, that damn voice just kept singing. What was its deal anyways? Did it want everything to turn out the way that it did? Is it the one responsible?

Either way, you hate it. You hate it so much that you begin singing as well. Well, not really. The sounds that escape you though are more like a discordant melody. Hardly musical. But it helps you. It blocks out the singing.

Finally, you reach the room. You didn't even realize you had traveled the last few meters already. It's as you remember it. Exactly as you remember it. Everything is in place. The examination bed, the little trolleys containing the tools. It's as if time had not passed in this room. Even the paint looks brand new. The aging that you saw outside of here has not spread. At least it hasn't touched this room. The corruption of time. You can't believe it spared this place.

So much was done here. You did most of the work of course. Or was the work done on you? It doesn't really matter anymore. The thing is that you learned here. You acquired truly irreplaceable knowledge.

Aha! The cabinet! It's still there. You walk over to it and open one of the drawers. All of the files are still there. The complete records. Everything from the first experiment to the ongoing investigation. It's all archived there. If you so felt inclined, then you could review them all. There's nothing stopping you. This is magnificent. It's a true treasure trove. You flip through one of the files quickly. Charts, reports, notes. You recognize the handwriting on a lot of them. How could you ever forget? It's yours. You wrote most of these. Of course, you weren't alone. But at the time you were bearing the brunt of the whole project by yourself basically.

But, something else catches your eye. It's a single sheet of paper. It's on a nearby desk. It could be easily overlooked since it's neatly folded up. You pick it up and unfold it. You recognize this paper as well. This should be the final entry. The one that you never got to finish. What a shame. But at the same time it's a relief. The biggest mystery of all was left unsolved. It ensured that this travesty could not be replicated easily. The onus was, and will continue to be, yours.
-----------
>>8124
If you're a zombie, then please don't try to eat me. I promise not to shotgun your face in return.
>> No. 8126
>>8125

Can I just nibble on you a bit
>> No. 8128
You place the paper back on the table after taking a quick glance. There's no point in carrying it. You already know its contents and nobody else would understand your notation anyways. You take another glance around the room. If time hasn't affected this room yet, then it should still be there.

Those last two vestiges of the plan. They were failsafe devices. Well, at least one of them was. It would immediately remove the agent from the patient. The other was a guarantee. It ensured the totally compatibility of the treatment. It altered the subject's body so that it would be completely receptive. This guaranteed complete success.

You walk over to the small table besides the operating table. Fine metallic objects take up most of the space. Scalpels, tweezers, and other tools used by medical professionals. But in the middle are the two things that you were looking for. They're in separate glass containers. Due to their nature, just being exposed to air (or worse still, each other) was enough to cause disaster. They were useful tools, but at the same time they were dangerous. The tragedy that would befall you if you mishandled them would be grave indeed. If you recall correctly, the shouldn't even be kept this close together. Surely they should be multiple rooms apart at all times. It's a miracle they haven't reacted together yet.

One of the objects is a small round blue tablet. It's contained in a small glass flask, sealed with a cork. It seems to glow with some hidden power. This should be the guarantee. It helps everything inside the patient's system rearrange itself to better suit the treatment. It's a miracle in itself. If the treatment weren't so marvelous, then this might as well have been the focus of your research.

The other object is a small red tablet. It, too, glows. However it's a crimson glow, a glow that seems to remind you of blood. This is the pill that removes the treatment completely. Well, at least you recall as much. If administered within a day of treatment it should be enough to completely suppress the changes. If administered on an already advanced-case individual then it might cause a torpor. A sort of deep sleep not unlike a coma. This tablet was meant to be administered as a last resort, if the treatment had unforeseen consequences.

In the end you never got to use either. You were interrupted that time by circumstances out of your control. You did, however, see the results of the experiment. It was a resounding success. Too bad you never got to chronicle it anywhere. It couldn't be helped; There were many people who would have loved to have abused it for their own personal gain. The way things unfolded was painful, but possibly less painful than a hypothetical proliferation of the process on others.

You stare at the metallic table. The cold metal reflects your face. You can clearly see your features. You look a bit haggard. You can see that the stress is visible in your complexion. And to think that you used to have such a perfect face. Well, at least your pale hair is as lovely as ever. You smile at the reflection as you make up your mind.

There's no other option, what you want is clear.

[] Grab the red tablet
[] Grab the blue pill
[] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear
-----
Okay this is it for me for now.
>>8126
Knock yourself out, I'm going to be asleep anyways.
>> No. 8129
[] Grab the red tablet
[] Grab the blue pill

In b4 idort~
>> No. 8130
[X] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear

Fuck yeah, Glasgow smile!
>> No. 8131
[ ] Take the red pill.
>> No. 8132
[+] Grab the blue pill
>> No. 8134
[x] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear

Why so serious?
>> No. 8135
>>8125>>8128
FUCKING SHAGGY DOG STORY

[x] Red pill
TRUTH ME, MOTHERFUCKER
>> No. 8136
{X} Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear.

yay
>> No. 8137
[x] Grab the green suppository

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
>> No. 8138
[x] Grab the blue pill
>> No. 8139
>The other object is a small red tablet. It, too, glows. However it's a crimson glow, a glow that seems to remind you of blood. This is the pill that removes the treatment completely. Well, at least you recall as much. If administered within a day of treatment it should be enough to completely suppress the changes. If administered on an already advanced-case individual then it might cause a torpor. A sort of deep sleep not unlike a coma.

>If administered on an already advanced-case individual then it might cause a torpor. A sort of deep sleep not unlike a coma.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
THIS ALL SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR.

even though that was a needle and this is a pill.
>> No. 8140
[x] Grab the blue pill
Upgrades.
>> No. 8141
[x] Grab the blue pill
>> No. 8142
Are we playing as Eirin?

[x] Masturbate furiously
>> No. 8143
[x] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear
holy fuck, this please.
>> No. 8144
[x] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear

This choice is awesome. Picking the awesome option because the other options just aren't as awesome.
>> No. 8145
[X] Take scalpel.
[X] And J-JAM IT IN!
>> No. 8146
[x] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear
The best choice ever.
>> No. 8147
[x] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear

Whoever we are--Glasglow edition!
>> No. 8148
[x] Grab the blue pill

Why does this remind me of the Matrix?
>> No. 8149
[X] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear
why does this remind me of the Da- oh waiii... maybe our father WAS an alcoholic...
>> No. 8150
[x] Grab the blue pill
>> No. 8151
I wish to become Super Shirou.

[]Grab the blue pill.
>> No. 8153
[x] Jump
>> No. 8155
[X] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear

Either we're having some strange dream, or our mind is being messed with again. Either way, the best way to stop such shenanigans is to do something extreme enough that your mind can't possibly be convinced it's true.

Let's put a SMILE on that face!
>> No. 8157
[ex] Grab the blue pill.
>> No. 8158
[] Grab the blue pill
>> No. 8159
[x] Burn down this hallucination in a fit of sanity
>> No. 8160
Sorry to you late-voters. Blue pill lost by a tiny bit. But I already started writing the cutting option.
>> No. 8162
Goddamnit you faggots. Dark Knight wasn't that good.
>> No. 8163
>>8162
Neither were the second and third Matrix movies. What's your point?
>> No. 8164
[x] Grab a scalpel; Make yourself a permanent bloody grin – cutting from ear to ear

You take a scalpel from among the many instruments. You can feel yourself smiling in anticipation of what you're about to do. This just might very well be an elaborate form of self-flagellation. Well, you probably deserve punishment anyways. And since there's no one else here, who else to go through with this than you?

You touch the tip of the blade with your finger. Even though it was just a grazing touch, it still cut a bit. Satisfaction wells up within you as you see a trickle of blood coming from your fingertip. This will do nicely. You relax your face. It's important that you don't use any muscles on your face or neck. Otherwise it'll just make cutting complicated. There's nothing worse than an inelegant incision.

You place the tip of the scalpel just below your left earlobe. The sharp edge pricks you already. You try your best not to change your expression. This is fundamental. A stoic demeanor. You draw the blade across, towards your other ear. Not too fast nor too slow. Also neither too deep nor shallow. You don't want too much blood to come out and obfuscate the process.

It's painful. Really painful. But you hold fast, not even twitching a single muscle on your face. You feel tempted to – you really do. Instead other parts of your body react. Your knees shake. At first slightly, but then they start trembling like there's no tomorrow. As long as it doesn't interfere with your steady hand you don't mind. It's unreasonable to assume that your pain won't manifest itself in some way. It is prove that you're a living, breathing being after all.

You reach the midway point. You don't even bother to stop. If you did your precision might be compromised. You instead continue, aiming for your objective. This cut will stretch from ear to ear. And, despite an almost crippling desire to scream out loud, you manage to complete your task. A precise, clean line now stretches from ear to ear. You're sure that it would look like some sort of enlarged grin upon a passing glance. But the truth is more terrifying. You're sure that if anyone saw you they'd either be afraid or scream out in disgust.

You feel blood trickling out. The warm liquid heats up your otherwise cold skin. Scalpel in hand, you go back to the desk. You stare at the note. You don't even know if all of this was worth it. It has caused interesting circumstances to manifest themselves, but who is to say that they wouldn't have manifested themselves without your intervention?

A couple of drops of blood fall upon the note. It makes it unreadable. Perhaps its all for the best. You don't think that it's a good idea for others to find this. That's right. This revelation almost makes you smile, but you hold the urge in. You don't want to deform yourself further. This is why the only choice now is to make another incision. This incision will be less wasteful and bring this to an end.

You sit down on the cold floor. If you did this standing, you'd likely fall. There's no need for your body to undergo that stress. You bring the scalpel to your eyes. The cutting edge is red with your blood. There's no problem then if you stain it further with more of your blood. It's already been dirtied anyhow.

You use your medical knowledge to find your carotid artery with your fingers. It's easy to locate. It's one of those places on a body that sticks out. You remove your finger and mercilessly cut the vein with the scalpel. This cut is unlike the earlier mutilation. It is quick, almost painless, and serves a very specific function. You think that you cut the common part of the artery, before it splits. It's insurance that you'll definitely die.

You fight the new sensation and lie down peacefully. It takes most of your willpower but you're able to lie down without collapsing. You continue to breathe, but you know it to be useless. The oxygen flow to your brain has been cut. It's really a race now to see if you'll die because of lack of oxygen or because of hemorrhaging. It might very well be the hemorrhaging. You vaguely realize that there's a quite large pool of blood forming around you.

What a bother, you forgot that this way your hair will get all dirty. But it's not like anyone will find you anyways. Aha, your vision is becoming dark. It's harder and harder to maintain coherent thoughts. The last thing that you ever do is apologize. To no one in particular. It just feels right to do.

In the end, you never do figure out if it was the lack of oxygen or the bleeding that killed you. No coroner will examine your body so it'll remain a mystery forever confined to this well-lit yellow room.
---------
>>8163
>>8162
You lost me.
Next part soonish.
>> No. 8165
>>8123>>8125>>8128>>8164

You've lost me.
>> No. 8166
File 121727668536.jpg- (35.72KB , 467x439 , TeruyoxSukima.jpg ) [iqdb]
8166
This took me way too long. Too bad they looks like apes.
>> No. 8167
>>8166

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 8168
File 121727750349.jpg- (13.60KB , 258x305 , reisenwut.jpg ) [iqdb]
8168
>>8166
>> No. 8169
Awesome.
>> No. 8170
File 12172777519.jpg- (18.50KB , 376x458 , wut.jpg ) [iqdb]
8170
>>8166
>> No. 8171
File 121727778768.jpg- (43.37KB , 262x188 , Identity_break.jpg ) [iqdb]
8171
>>8166

...why would you draw that?
>> No. 8172
File 121727795516.gif- (237.03KB , 125x94 , 120124527954s.gif ) [iqdb]
8172
>>8166
>> No. 8173
>>8171

Because somewhere out there, perhaps miles and miles away, somebody thought this funny.

Incidentally, Teru lol'd when he saw it.
>> No. 8174
File 121727860272.png- (47.69KB , 357x173 , decantering.png ) [iqdb]
8174
>>8166
Since I can't find the pic of the lion, decantering will have to do as a reaction.
>>8173
Not really a lol, more like being amused at the infinite amount of faggotry on the internet. Seriously, you guys keep one-upping yourselves. Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've been depicted in a homosexual act in a drawing anyways.
>> No. 8175
Teruyo, I usually don't like your writing, but this is good. You should do more horror.
>> No. 8178
The first thing that you do upon waking up is coughing violently. It's a natural reaction from your body. You need to get all the water out of your system. Except that you don't really cough up water, just normal air. That's a relief. You thought that you'd be pretty much a bloated corpse by now.

You open up your eyes. Almost immediately you feel another wetness. But it's not from lake water. No, it's coming from your tear ducts. You're crying. Geez, you're happy to be alive, but this might be overdoing it. And then you remember why you're crying. That weird vision made you sad. It seemed oddly familiar. Like it was something that might have happened. But it was just a hallucination, right? Your brain must have created it as a sort of near-death experience. If so, that's really cool.

Mmm, maybe that's not quite it. The first thing that you see is a note. You're holding a bloody note in your hand. You hold it up to your face and try to see what it is. Unfortunately the blood has completely smeared the writing. It's almost completely illegible. And even if you could see what's written you don't think that you could read it. Judging by the few isolated characters and words, the handwriting itself is hard to read. Could this be the same note that you saw just now?

You cough again. It reminds you that you have no idea where you are. You look around and see that you're outside somewhere. You can see the sky, it's still daylight. Wait, there's more than that. You see buildings to your side. Even though you're looking at them from the side you find them awfully familiar. Of course. The construction materials, the architecture. These are buildings within the human village. You sigh. You have no clue as to how you got here. Well, at least you're at a familiar place. You can figure out what happened to you later.

You get up. It is then that you realize that something is very wrong. You look at yourself. Oh, that's understandable. You're not wearing anything. You're completely naked.

Actually, it's not. Why the hell are you in the human village without your clothes? You feel really cold and vulnerable like this. You look around in hopes of finding something to cover yourself with. No dice. Besides the note that you're holding there isn't much in this small alley besides dirt.

Crap. Not good. You don't know where your stuff is. Perhaps still by the lake? That's the least of your worries right now. Right now you've got to figure how to get out of here. You walk towards the edge of the alley. You're careful and take a quick peek.

There's no doubt about it now. You're definitely in the human village. You see the residents moving about, carrying on about their daily tasks. If you leave this place some of you will definitely spot you. The question is, do you want that to happen?

It's probably not a good idea to expose yourself to a lot of people. You are going to be a teacher starting tomorrow. So it's probably a good idea not to turn the parents and community against you. But then again, maybe streaking is acceptable in Gensokyo? Oh please let that be the case.

Choose one from each category:
Where to go:
[] Go back to Eientei for a change of clothes
[] Seek refuge at Keine's
[] Beeline it to somewhere else (specify)

How to do it:
[] Tactical Espionage Action time (requires a lot of successful checks in order not to be discovered)
[] Walk around as if there's nothing wrong
[] Run like an Olympic-class sprinter
-----------
Inventory:
-Bloody note (illegible)
-Hot glue gun (slightly shrunk - "You know, they tend to shrink in the water.")
----
>>8175
Why is someone that doesn't like my writing reading my story? Eh, it's a rhetorical question. No need to answer.
>> No. 8180
[x] Seek refuge at Keine's
[x] Run like an Olympic-class sprinter

If this was a charisma check, I wouldn't be worried. However...
>> No. 8181
[x] Seek refuge at Keine's
[x] Run like an Olympic-class sprinter
>> No. 8182
[x] Seek refuge at Keine's
[x] Tactical Espionage Action time
Snake?
>> No. 8183
[x] Seek refuge at Keine's
[x] Run like an Olympic-class sprinter whilst singing: I ran so far away by A Flock of seagulls.
>> No. 8184
[x] Seek refuge at Keine's
[x] Run like a fucking Kenyan sprinter

EIRIN DIED?
NOBODY CRIED?
>> No. 8185
[x] Beeline it to Forest of Magic
[x] Run like a >KENYAN
>> No. 8186
[x] Seek refuge at Keine's
[x] Run like a fucking Kenyan sprinter
>> No. 8187
[X] Seek refuge at Keine's
[X] Run like an Olympic-class sprinter
>> No. 8188
[X] Seek refuge at Keine's
[X] Tactical Espionage Action time (requires a lot of successful checks in order not to be discovered)

Doomed to fail no matter what, at least we can get our penalty out of the way.
>> No. 8189
[x] use the note to cover your face and become anonymous
[x] wait for people to leave, search for drying washed clothes
[x] steal
>> No. 8190
>>8178
>Why is someone that doesn't like my writing reading my story? Eh, it's a rhetorical question. No need to answer.

Train wreck look away can't etc
>> No. 8191
[x] Steal something from the nearest clothesline

They don't have dryers and it hasn't rained.
>> No. 8192
File 121728335645.jpg- (61.13KB , 475x352 , 1217283016792.jpg ) [iqdb]
8192
>>8190

/shrine/ readers/YAF sure is easy to spot now a days.
>> No. 8193
>>8192

Maybe it, y'know, kinda sucks?
>> No. 8195
[x] Seek refuge at Keine's
[x] Run like an Olympic-class sprinter

You take another peek. You more or less have figured out your location within the village. Keine's place should be on the far side, directly opposite where you are. To get there, you'll have to either carefully sneak around the edges of the village or run like the wind. You opt for the latter. Even thought it'll take you through the heart of the village, you feel that you might be able to simply run past people fast enough. Hopefully they won't recognize you. You'll be like the wind. Or something.

Alright then. You start psyching yourself up. You beat your chest and convince yourself that you can do this. The first step that you take is heavy. But the subsequent steps are fast and light. You put your all into this and run like you've never ran before.

You don't think you're quite on the level as a star Kenyan athlete yet. But, as you start to pass the houses and shops, you feel that you're doing a good job nonetheless. As far as you're concerned, you're running like the flash; becoming but a blur to spectators. And spectators there are plenty; Most people turn and look in your general direction as you pass them by. You hope from the bottom of your heart that they won't engrave your face into their memory.

“Please let me be a blur.” You silently pray in your mind over and over again.

Truth is, under other circumstances this might be worth laughing about. Hell, you'd even start singing 80s new wave music. But right now you're desperately hoping to just get through this ordeal. You're concentrating on only two things now. Moving your legs and finding the fastest route to Keine's. You think you're doing pretty well so far. Your boys are getting a bit sore from bouncing around without any support though.

You clear the village square and are already running towards the outskirts. You think that no one has really noticed your streaking. Well, at least not cared about it enough to chase after you. This is no reason to relax though. There are still farmers working the land and some of them have noticed you. They're staring at you, but because of the distance, you don't think they can recognize your face. You try to pick up the pace even more.

Running a lot, twice in a single day, is almost too much for you. Your legs want to give way. But you do your best to persevere. Your reputation around these parts is riding on your ability to get clothes. You don't know if this is your own version of a SEED mode, but you manage to focus and hone your senses long enough to reach Keine's house.

You knock on the door in a hurry. You think that it's also quite bad for a naked man to be spotted in front of the local schoolteacher's house. You hear movement coming from within. Hurry up, damn it!

The door opens and you force your way in. You give the person on the other side a scare apparently since they let out a gasp. You close the door behind you and deal with whomever is there.
----------------
Sorry, but I'm likely going to be MIA for a bit. Not that long hopefully, so I'll post the first part of the post.

>>8190
<3
>>8193
Please don't start this here. You're entitled to your opinion but if you're just going to criticize without providing feedback/constructive criticism then kindly shut up or GTFO. In other words, troll elsewhere.
And >>8192
I personally have nothing against /shrine/. YAF is a writing machine. So please don't bring up other stories from other sections in this sort of context.
>> No. 8196
in b4 CAVE
>> No. 8200
“Long story. I'm sorry for imposing like this, but I lost my clothes. I need something to wear.”

You look at the other person and see that it's Mokou. She looks rather shocked to see you like this. Or maybe not so much. She grins upon realizing your sorry state. She sizes you up, looking at you from head to toe. Being this close and close in proximity, there isn't much that you can hide from her.

“Please, take your time. Don't help me out.” You say, trying to hide your embarrassment from her.

This doesn't deter her from continuing her visual assessment. She does eventually get enough, and moves towards the inside of the house, beckoning you to follow her.

“Come on now, I'll help you out. I wouldn't leave a friend in need stranded.” She says as she walks along.

You note that she's not fully dressed herself, wearing a rather large shirt that doesn't fit her and a something resembling shorts. You think it's more like a large bag with two holes on the bottom than shorts. It's probably just a placeholder until she can get more clothes.

“Keine's not in right now. I've been left to hold down the fort. So don't worry about upsetting her with your appearance.” You can almost her her snickering with those words. You choose to ignore her remarks but she makes it even harder to ignore. “You have a lot of balls for coming here completely naked. But I guess you couldn't tell just from looking at you.”

Dammit Mokou! It's just a bit cold, it retracts automatically. No need to insult your boys.

“Wait here for a bit. I'll go get something to fix your problem.” She tells you to stand by in the living room. You wait, swallowing your pride. Mokou is your only ticket out of this uncomfortable situation right now. You shouldn't do anything to antagonize her.

It's weird having to wait completely naked. You're not sure where to place your hands nor how to stand. Should you be covering yourself? Should you not care? It's funny how society has pretty much conditioned you to be uncomfortable in your own skin. There's not much to do here either. Having spent so much time recently in this room, you find it boring to check out all of the furniture and decorations.

It relieves you when Mokou returns after only a short while. You see that she's carrying two different objects in her arms. She places them both on the table. You go over to them and examine each one. There's a smaller brown cloth that seems to be a small towel of sorts. And the other object is a large grey cloak.

“Well, there aren't any spare clothes here.” Mokou explains. “Especially for a man. So I had to improvise. The towel will block out your dangly bits and the clock should cover the rest. I brought a clip that we can fasten to the towel so it doesn't fall off.” She shows you a small hair clip. You immediately doubt if that is going to hold the towel in place.

But you don't really have a choice here. You sigh. You pick up the towel and wrap it around your waist. You grab the clip and use it to secure the position. It seems flimsy. But hopefully it'll hold. Next up you put on the cloak. It's a heavy, cumbersome cloak. The material chafes your skin as well. But it covers most of your body. To anyone looking at you from behind, you'd appear to be normally attired (if only a bit out of season. It's hot out there). You try to close the cloak in the front, but that proves to be tricky. Any movement, no matter how subtle, causes parts of you to be exposed. It might hold up at a distance, but if someone approaches you, they'd definitely notice your lack of clothes. That's why you've got the brown towel you figure. It's to protect innocent people from seeing your junk.

Well, you've got your complaints, but this will do for now. You probably should go look for your clothes or get back to Eientei and change into something with a little more substance.

“Thanks Mokou.”
“No problem. I can't very well have you labeled as a perv. Especially since you're going to be teaching here. It could ruin Keine's reputation, you know.”
“Yeah, about that. Could you tell Keine that I'll show up tomorrow.”
“Why don't you tell her yourself? I don't think she'll take that long. She'll probably be back by dark.”
“I don't know, I might be imposing on her. Again.” You also feel that you don't really want her to see you like this. You came here seeking her help, but you were panicked. It's really embarrassing to have her see you dressed as such.
“Don't worry about it. I'm sure she'll just have a laugh when she sees you. She's an understanding person.”

It's not just that. The note that you've been carrying also bothers you. You don't really know what happened to you either. One moment you were swimming and the next you were experiencing something akin a nightmare. And after that you come to in a dirty alley. Still naked.

You have no idea where your clothes and items are either. You just hope that nothing happens to them. Since you don't really know where you were when you stepped into the lake, you think that it might be really hard to find your stuff. You don't want to sound pessimistic, but things aren't looking that good. You might never see your belongings again.

[] Take up Mokou's offer, stay a while
[] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind
[] Search the shoreline, surely you'll find your stuff
>> No. 8202
[X] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind

We should go back, get some clothes, and see if Eirin's got any anti-psychotic meds hidden away somewhere.
>> No. 8203
[] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind

And so the nightmare begins.

>>8202
You don't get it, do you? We killed her, damnit! Sliced her face up like a jack-o-lantern and left her for the buzzards!
>> No. 8204
>>8203
Even better. A corpse can't stop you from rummaging through their things in search of pills.
>> No. 8205
[x] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind
>> No. 8206
>>8203

Hard to kill someone who's immortal.
>> No. 8207
[x] Take up Mokou's offer, stay a while and listen.
>> No. 8209
[x] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind
Time to find that yellow room.
>> No. 8210
[X] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind

like looking up for clothes for instance
>> No. 8212
[x] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind

TASUKETE EIRIN
>> No. 8214
>>8206
There's nothing but fanon saying that she's immortal. In fact, the Ghost Team's ending in Imperishable Night strongly implied that Eirin is mortal.
>> No. 8215
>>8214
Eirin's conversation with the Scarlet team in Final A is canon and certainly implies she's immortal. I'll have to re-watch the Ghost Team's ending, I've forgotten it....
>> No. 8216
[X] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind
If we really killed off Eirin, i want a restart.
>> No. 8218
File 121730926569.jpg- (23.22KB , 250x350 , jesuschristitsourspeculationgetinthecar.jpg ) [iqdb]
8218
[x] Go to Eientei, there's a lot on your mind

“Sorry Mokou, but I've got things to do.”
“Suit yourself.” Mokou seems to have gotten annoyed at your answer. But really you're in no mood to try to figure out why.

You close up your cloak. Bidding Mokou farewell, you leave Keine's house.

After taking but a few steps, you feel like you're going to die. The heat is unbearable. This cloak seems to absorb and trap heat at an alarming rate. Ideal for winter but, for right now, it's not very comfortable. It doesn't take you very long until you're sweating like made. Your sweat makes things only worse; The chaffing is horrendous.

To top it all off, you're trying to act normal – a task that is hindered by your itchy epidermis. So far no one has really seen you up close. Just to be safe you decide to circle around the village. Going about the outside of the main concentration of buildings, you try to avoid encountering people. It almost feels like you're a prowler, or if it were night, you might also be confused for a rapist. You can just picture the townsfolk chasing after you with pitchforks. You try to focus on getting past this bit and leave behind such unfortunate thoughts.

You are wholly successful in your endeavor. Not a single soul is encountered as you position yourself by the bamboo forest's entrance. There's a lot of this which undoubtedly due to luck. You thank the maker that your recent bad luck didn't strike yet again.

You adopt an attitude of cautious optimism. While you may have cleared the village that doesn't mean that you won't meet someone on your way. You did encounter Aya this one time walking about just like you were. As if to remind you of that incident you hear a crow cawing. You took off and left your pendant along with your stuff, so you wouldn't know if someone like her is about to attack you.

Hmm, this is no good. You're getting paranoid. You may be slightly clothed, but you still feel naked. It is because of this feeling of vulnerability that you veer off the main path. You take a smaller parallel route that should take you to Eientei as well. The bamboo seem to sway ominously. You try to blame it on the wind, but truth be told you're not very sure that's the cause for the swaying. The movement seems erratic, as if something is shaking them from their base. Of course, you don't see anything capable of doing that anywhere.

You quicken your pace. You don't care if it makes your cloak open up with each step. You've got a bad feeling about this. As if to confirm your feeling, you hear rustling coming from behind you. The sound of footsteps. Coming quickly. You look over your shoulder. There's nothing behind you. You turn your attention back to your front, as you begin to panic. You clearly hearing something coming up on you from behind. But there's no one there.

You should be near Eientei. You're really tired and you don't want to push yourself any further. However, you're running out of options here. Fear is overwhelming you and you figure that you might be the victim of some sort of predator-like creature. Complete with a cloaking device. It might not make perfect sense, but hey, it wouldn't be the strangest thing that occurred to you today. Getting randomly warped and going through vivid hallucinations is pretty out there as well.

[] Cheese it! Mad dash to Eientei and screw the consequences!
[] Stop and call out to whatever is out there
[] Continue at your current pace
[] Try to throw a rock randomly behind you
----------
Delay was caused by me being a lazy asshole.
>> No. 8219
>he sound of footsteps. Coming quickly. You look over your shoulder. There's nothing behind you. You turn your attention back to your front, as you begin to panic. You clearly hearing something coming up on you from behind. But there's no one there.

Fiesta End inbound

[x] Stop and call out to whatever is out there

WARRIORS, COME OUT TO PLAYAY
>> No. 8220
[X] Stop and call out to whatever is out there

"I'LL YOUR HORNS!"
>> No. 8222
On the bright side, it probably isn't the actual Predator, as in our current state we clearly have nothing in terms of weaponry to defends ourselves, making us unsuitable prey that would only result in shaming whoever killed us.

Frankly, I can think of only one thing that could possibly be hunting us right now.
Velociraptors.
>> No. 8223
File 121731171382.jpg- (5.17KB , 100x166 , tall grass.jpg ) [iqdb]
8223
>>8222
Bamboo=Tall Grass?
Oh shit. This is actually true. Bamboo is technically grass.

brb, burning down all bamboo plants in my vicinity.
>> No. 8225
[X] Stop and call out to whatever is out there

We've wrestled bears. The only thing left for us now is to battle a dinosaur. Fail, and we will experience a slow, agonizing death as our abdomen is sliced open and our organs are devoured while we're still alive. Succeed, and we shall ride back to Eientei in style on the back of a velociraptor. Naked.
>> No. 8226
[x] "You are one ugly motherfucker."

and/or

[x] Ask if it wants some candy.
>> No. 8227
>>8222
>Frankly, I can think of only one thing that could possibly be hunting us right now.
Velociraptors.

[ENTER ALBION & SHIROU]
Albion: [You know, you might want to see Eirin before your brain melts; you can make it if you run.]
Shirou: "No, we can't."
Albion: [Why not? And why did you stop walking?]
Shirou: "Because. We're being hunted."
Albion: [Oh. You're hallucinating again? Surprise, surprise.]
Shirou: "From the bushes strait ahead."
Albion: [There's nothing there. Look, I'm not even here; you left me at the Lake.]
Shirout: "It's all right."
Albion: [Hell, I can't talk. I'm not even alive.]
Shirou: "Run, towards Eientei."
Albion: [I'm hovering.]
Shirou: "I've got her. Go, now!"
Albion: [Oh, forget it.]
[EXEUNT SHANGHAI]
[ENTER VELOCIRAPTOR FROM BEHIND SHIROU. VELOCIRAPTOR GROWLS.]
Shirou: "...Clever girl."
>> No. 8232
[x] Stop and call out to whatever is out there

It is Alice stalking Shirou, time for her to bring him back to the locked room.
>> No. 8235
>>8227

I see what you did there

[x] Stop and call out to whatever is out there
>> No. 8237
[x] Stop and call out to Tewi

Who the fuck else could it be?
>> No. 8239
[x] Stop and call out to Tewi

Ey! You wanna fuck with me!? CMON!
>> No. 8240
>>8237
Maybe Aya borrowed/stole Nitori's optical camouflage, and is now using it to stalk us?
>> No. 8241
[x] Stop and call out to Tewi

TENGU NINJAS
>> No. 8242
>>8215
Eirin is ill in IotMaIotE. Immortals can't become ill unless you doubt the manga's "canonity"...
>> No. 8243
[x] Stop and call out to Tewi
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 8244
[X] Stop and call out to whatever is out there
>> No. 8245
File 121736184064.png- (208.70KB , 512x512 , 7efdc724bf58dee296a89a51233b2130.png ) [iqdb]
8245
>>8225

awesome.

[x] Stop and call out to Tewi
>> No. 8249
[x] Call out for Tewi
awesome.jpg

>>8242
>Eirin is ill in IotMaIotE. Immortals can't become ill unless you doubt the manga's "canonity"...
Well, it is a gag comic that's not written by ZUN so...yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they played fast and loose with canon.
>> No. 14710
>>8245
Cirno on a Yain Kut-ku.... onward to awesomness
>> No. 26366
Drastic cutoff in quality.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x