[Return]
Archived thread

File 121695982214.jpg - (377.32KB , 1000x734 , 13254532545536.jpg ) [iqdb]
7760 No. 7760
Hey there. I've been looking here every now and then, and I've had the intense desire to write a CYOA in /eientei/, but I felt that it was unnecessary for me to do so. I eventually worked up the balls to ask if anybody was interested in another story here, and, hopefully, I'm not steping on Teruyo or QWL's toes by posting this.

So, would you guys like a new writer in /eientei/? If the answer is no, I'll just leave and never adopt a trip. If the answer is yes, then I'll start soon.
Also, the story would have a large focus around Kaguya and Mokou, and their conflicts and problems, with the protagonist attempting to help them and everyone else in Eientei.

>> No. 7762
[X] Yes.

The more the merrier. Let's see if you can topple down the previous champ.
I know the feeling because I just did something like this not long ago.
>> No. 7764
Heh, stepping on toes? Hardly. Feel free to write to your heart's content. If you bring in something cool and exciting then all the better. This here place is free for all to post. And I'm sure that QWL feels the same way. Baseless elitism is for jackasses. If you want, you can join the /eientei/ irc channel (#eientei@rizon.net). But that's, obviously, not a prequisite.

So yeah, all the best. Good luck.
>> No. 7766
File 12169626204.jpg - (35.14KB , 469x600 , The Moon 1.jpg ) [iqdb]
7766
You can merely look out the window as the scenery flies by. The scenery, of course, would be the stars which illuminate the universe. What you call ‘the sky’ is below you now, as the large rocket makes its way to the moon. You merely sit back and watch as the beautiful drops of light in the distance wink at you, as if they were wishing you luck on this journey.

“Aldrin?”

The radio calls out to you, and you make haste to answer. It’s important to talk to your superiors as you make your way to the moon.

“Yes, this is Aldrin.”

“Good, you’re awake. You’ll be on the surface soon enough, so brace yourself. You have about thirty minutes to touch-down.”

“Got it. I’ll be careful.”

You put the radio back in its place and look out at the nearing chunk of rock, coated in craters and dust. A one man flight to the moon… how wonderful. It really would be nice to tell your wife and kids about this story once you get home, and to bring your son a rock from the moon. He really would like that.

The time it takes to land and leave the ship passes by silently, with you soon leaving the rocket to look out at the moon.

“Whoa…” You breathe heavily, unsure of what to make of this spectacle of life. “This place is huge.”

[ ] Get the rover ready to investigate the surface.
[ ] Wander about the surface on your feet.
[ ] Try jumping really high. You’ve always wanted to try that.
>> No. 7767
[ ] Try jumping really high. You’ve always wanted to try that.
Wheeeeee~~

That was fast. Real fast. At least I'd wait the whole day before starting to write. But hey, your choice.
>> No. 7771
Curses, I was about to suggest the same thing. Oh well.

[X] Get the rover ready to investigate the surface.

Zoom zoom zoom!
>> No. 7772
[x] "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
[x] Try jumping really high. You’ve always wanted to try that.
>> No. 7775
>>7764

Sorry, I don't like to use IRC. I've just had too many bad experiences with it.
>> No. 7776
Your mind slowly goes back to thoughts about watching movies with astronauts, and hearing about the first Aldrin who went into space. It’s impossible to resist this urge to emulate their acts of silliness, and you are soon jumping up and down on the moon.

“Haha.” You wave your arms up and down as you fly across the surface, rising high up into this odd space. “Hahahaha!”

You begin to draw closer and closer to a crater, and attempt to jump over it. This attempt fails, and you tumble over onto your back, unable to get up. You’d think that they would have done something about this fatal problem by now.

[ ] Wait there.
[ ] Pick up a rock.
[ ] Try to flip yourself over.
>> No. 7777
[x] Try to flip yourself over.

Like the turtle did in Futurama.
>> No. 7778
[X] Rocking back and forth, singing random music.
>> No. 7780
[x] Try to flip yourself over.

GET agreed.
>> No. 7781
>It really would be nice to tell your wife and kids about this story once you get home, and to bring your son a rock from the moon. He really would like that.

[x] Pick up a rock.
[x] Try to flip yourself over.
>> No. 7783
A thought suddenly enters your mind. You may not be able to get up in any normal fashion, but you could possibly roll yourself over. You begin to move from side to side, rocking back and forth. It takes a while, but you soon manage to flip yourself over. Pushing against the ground proves to be useless, and you sigh heavily as you press back against the ground.

“Hey.” A voice picks up over you. “Do you need some help?”

“Yes, I can’t get up! Can you help me up?”

“…Hello?”

Ah, right. They must not be able to hear you with this helmet of yours on. But then… how can you hear them?

[ ] Try to get up.
[ ] Flail about and hope that the voice helps you.
[ ] Do nothing.
>> No. 7784
A voice? on the moon? And you coming here alone?
I doubt it's a human.

[X] Freak out.
>> No. 7788
>It really would be nice to tell your wife and kids about this story once you get home
>It really would be nice to tell your wife and kids about this story once you get home
>It really would be nice to tell your wife and kids about this story once you get home
>It really would be nice to tell your wife and kids about this story once you get home
>It really would be nice to tell your wife and kids about this story once you get home

(´∀` )
>> No. 7790
[x] Die cold and alone.
>> No. 7792
[x] Try to get up.
>> No. 7793
[x] Reach out an arm and make grasping motions, they should get the message

>>7783
>you soon manage to flip yourself over. Pushing against the ground proves to be useless, and you sigh heavily as you press back against the ground.

Wait, we can't even get onto our hands and knees in 1/6 gravity? Is something wrong?
[x] Get up already you faggot
>> No. 7795
[x] Reach out an arm and make grasping motions, they should get the message

Yeah, what Teru said. Now we can have a true Moononymous.

>>7793

His Dexterity is low?
>> No. 7799
File 121698486642.gif - (60.95KB , 170x170 , bart_vs_aldrin.gif ) [iqdb]
7799
>>7795
They don't let pussies go to the moon, son.
>> No. 7800
[x] Die cold and alone.
>> No. 7803
'[ ] Die cold and alone' can't win, so the other one won.

***

“Hey, are you going to get up? Do you need help?”

The owner of the voice seems to be right behind you, and then you feel a heavy weight resituate itself on your back.

“Come on, I don’t have all day! If you can’t lift this much, then you really are weak.”

You slowly fall to the ground, grasping one hand out in an overdramatic show of helplessness. The voice behind, or possibly on top, of you sighs, and then seems to lift you up by the armpits.

“You’re pretty pathetic. What are you doing out here, anyway? This part of the moon has been abandoned for a long, long time. Only outcasts and idiots live out here.”

Wait… people? On the moon? Are they aliens or something? You spin around to face the person that you’re talking to, ready to see a horrific monster, and you’re sorely disappointed as the thing seems to be a girl with rabbit ears on her head. She laughs and pats your shoulder, closing one eye as she does so.

“Are you okay? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost, or some kind of monster.”

“Uh…” You somehow manage to get the words out of your mouth. “Um, no. I was expecting to see a monster, and then I merely see a young girl with rabbit ears.”

“Well, is that strange to you? A lot of us have these around here.”

“No, it’s just… wait, how can you hear me?”

The girl taps onto something that has been on the side of your helmet for a second or two. She brings her hand back to her face and rests her chin in her palm, smiling at you.

“Lunarian technology, the finest that there is. It lets me hear everything that goes on in that little fishbowl that you’re wearing.” She turns about and holds one hand out to you, smirking as she does so. “So, need a place to stay? It doesn’t seem like you’re from around here, and I could always use some more company.”

[ ] Accept her offer.
[ ] No, you’ll be heading back to the rocket for now.
>> No. 7804
[ ] Accept her offer.
[ ] "Isn't it, you know, cold outside? And airless?"
>> No. 7805
[]Turn on camera.
[] Accept her offer.
>> No. 7809
[x] Accept her offer.
[x] "Wow, you're awfully real for a hallucination. Looks like the boys on the ground decided to switch out my oxygen tank for on filled with N2O. Really funny, guys."
[x] "So... aren't you cold? I wouldn't figure a skirt to be all that comfortable in a vacuum."

WELCOME TO MOONSIDE
>> No. 7812
>>7809
I seconded this.

[x] Accept her offer.
[x] "Wow, you're awfully real for a hallucination. Looks like the boys on the ground decided to switch out my oxygen tank for on filled with N2O. Really funny, guys."
[x] "So... aren't you cold? I wouldn't figure a skirt to be all that comfortable in a vacuum."
>> No. 7813
[X] Accept her offer.

***

You grab her hand and return the smile, nodding. She begins to pull you along, and the two of you are soon off, making your way along the surface of the moon. It’s hard to believe that this is really happening, and you consider that your superiors might have put something other than air in your oxygen tanks. You’re probably walking off to your death, even now!

“Hey.” The girl turns to you. “We’re here.”

Looking forward, all you see is a metal door, and more air.

“…This doesn’t really look like anywhere to me. Just looks like a piece of junk standing up in the middle of a big chunk of rock.”

“How rude!” The girl huffs, obviously upset with your words. “I’ll have you know, this used to be part of the Lunar Capital.”

“…All that’s left of this thing is a door, then?”

The girl shakes her head furiously and swings the door open. The two of you step through, and suddenly find yourselves in what appears to be a large bubble, with ruined and crumbling buildings all around. You merely stare at this place before the girl steals back your attention.

“So, how is it? Not just a door, huh?”

“Uh,” It’s hard to find words to express yourself in this place. “N…no. It’s much more than a door, that’s for sure.”

“Haha!” She pats your back, grinning widely. “Yeah, this is what’s left after the incident.”

“Incident?” The words escape your mouth, without you so much as thinking as they pour out. “What incident? What happened here?”

“Hmm?” She looks at you curiously, a look of near-disbelief coating her face. “You don’t know? I thought that your kind would know about this very well.”

[ ] “I really don’t know.”
[ ] “My kind?”
[ ] “What is this place, anyway?”
>> No. 7815
>>7813
[x] “My kind?”
>> No. 7816
[ ] “My kind?”
>> No. 7818
[ ] “My kind?”

>>7816
I like the first 4 letters of your tripcode.
>> No. 7819
[X] Are we still talking about the same thing?
>> No. 7820
“Uh-” Wait, what? “My kind? What do you mean by that?”

“Oh?” She lets go of your hand, bringing her hands up to rest on the back of her head. “You know, exiled Lunarians. You are one, right?”

“Well, not really. What is a Lunarian, anyway?”

“Oooh!” Her face lights up in shock, and she bring her hands back down, bunching them together in front of her chest. “You aren’t a Lunarian? That must mean that you’re on of those things, right?”

“I’d rather you not call me a ‘thing’.” You sigh. “Now, what is a Lunarian?”

The girl leans in, pressing one hand up against your chest. It’s just now that you really take in her odd clothing. She’s wearing s dirtied white tank top and a pair of small, khaki shorts. A clip that looks like a crescent moon rests in her hair, and her odd rabbit ears accessory looks like grease has gotten on to parts of it.

“I’ll let you know what a Lunarian is if you tell me what you are.”

“I-I don’t have time for silly games!”

“Please?”

Her eyes light up with youthful wonder, and it’s nearly impossible for you to deny her what she wants.

“Okay, okay. I’m a human from a planet called Earth. This place, the moon, revolves around the earth, letting humans know when it’s night and day with the bright light reflected by the sun.”

“Yeah, yeah.” She grabs your arm, a large smile now on her face. “But I want to know about you, not about where you live!”

“Wh- I… Why would you care about that?”

“Well,” She brushes a lock of hair from her eyes. “I’ve always heard about how there were people living on the big blue ball, but the stories about that were mostly just folk tales that were told to generation after generation. I didn’t know that you were really real.”

She lets go of your arm and holds her hands behind her back as she continues.

“I always thought that it would be nice to meet one of you people, but I was convinced that you weren’t real. You are real, right?”

[ ] “Are you?”
[ ] “No, I’m just an illusion. You’re talking to the air right now.”
>> No. 7822
[ ] “No, I’m just an illusion. You’re talking to the air right now.”

I know it's a bad idea. But what the hell.
>> No. 7825
[ ] "I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I'm real, right?"
>> No. 7827
[ ] "I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I'm real, right?"

Genius.
>> No. 7828
[ ] "I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I'm real, right?"
>> No. 7833
[x] "I think therefore I am."
[x] Pause.
[x] "Or was it: I think I think, therefore I think I am?"
>> No. 7836
[ ] "I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm real."
[ ] Pause.
[ ] "I'm real, right?"

Damn, this write-in is like a significantly less stupid version of the "No, not curious like THAT." one I did for MiG 2.
>> No. 7837
“Oh, yeah, I’m real.”

She stares at you, a sad frown adorning her face.

“…I-I mean… I’m pretty sure that I’m real. You’re real too, right?”

She raises an eyebrow, still giving you an odd look. Wait, is this for real? Are you real? Is she real? Just what the hell is going on here?

“Wait… I am real, right? I’m not just some illusion or anything, and I… Oh, oh god.”

You grab your head and shake it in your hands, worried over what the answer may be. A soft sensation meets your arm, and you look up to see the girl smiling as she shakes you a bit.

“You really are weird, aren’t you? Of course you’re real, and I’m real, too.” She lets go of your arm and kicks a rock that’s on the ground. “I mean, if we weren’t real, then we wouldn’t see anything or know anything, right? It’s only a dream if you don’t do what you know you should.”

She stands there for a minute, her hair blowing about a bit. Ignoring the apparent wind on the moon, you grab her hand, shaking it.

“I’m…” It may be best to be somewhat anonymous in this situation. “I’m Aldrin. It’s nice to meet you.”

The girl nods, giggling as she answers.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Aldrin. My name is Yuzuki.”

You nod.

“Likewise.”

She giggles, and then tugs on your arm as she runs off in one direction. You follow her, and soon find yourself turning down an alley, and then entering a rundown building. Yuzuki flips some kind of switch, and then a light pops on in the center of the roof. The room is messy, with what look like guns on the floor and under a bed which has no sheets. A closet on one side of the room seems to be overflowing with gears and springs, and you could swear that you recognize a few household appliances in the pile.

“Yuzuki… This is?”

“Mm. No need to be so formal, you can just call me Zuki.”

“Uh, right. What is all of this?”

“It’s my home, of course!” She spreads her arms out and smiles. “Treat it like your own!”

“Uh… thanks.”

You sit down on the bed as Yuzuki runs off to another room, and then reenters the room with some kind of purple fluid in two cups. She holds one out and you take it, and then hold it on top of one of your legs.

“…I can’t really drink this with my helmet on.”

“Oh?” She holds one hand up to her mouth, feigning shock. “That isn’t your real head? There’s something else under there?”

“Haha. Very funny. It’s not like I can take it off, anyway. There’s no oxygen on the moon.”

Yuzuki grabs your helmet and fiddles around with it for a minute, then lifts the thing off of your head. You gasp, only to find that the atmosphere in this bubble is quite easy to breathe.

“So then.” She kicks her legs up as she sits on the mattress. “Could you tell me more about yourself?”

[ ] “Wait, you were supposed to tell me about Lunarians.”
[ ] Tell her more about yourself.
>> No. 7838
>>7837

[x] “Wait, you were supposed to tell me about Lunarians.”
>> No. 7839
[ ] “Wait, you were supposed to tell me about Lunarians.”
>> No. 7840
[ ] Tell her more about yourself.
[ ] "But enough about me. What about you? What's a Lunarian?"

Speechcraft testan gaems.
>> No. 7841
[ ] Tell her more about yourself.
[ ] "But enough about me. What about you? What's a Lunarian?"
>> No. 7847
Just need one more vote to break the tie before I go back to writing.
>> No. 7854
[ ] Tell her more about yourself.
[ ] "But enough about me. What about you? What's a Lunarian?"

Back to writing with you.
>> No. 7885
[+] Tell her more about yourself.
[+] "But enough about me. What about you? What's a Lunarian?"
Nice combo.
>> No. 7887
Sorry about the sudden absence.

[ ] Tell her more about yourself.
[ ] "But enough about me. What about you? What's a Lunarian?"
won.

Writing.
>> No. 7889
“Ah.” You nod, smiling slightly. “Right, I guess you might like to know more about humans.”

You cough into your hand before you begin.

“Well, as I said, my name’s Aldrin. I come from Earth, have a wife and kids, and I got sent up here to land on the moon for-”

“Huh?” Yuzuki looks at you with wide eyes, her floppy ears now pointing up in the air. “You were sent here? You didn’t just end up here on accident?”

“Uh.” You scratch your head, unsure of what importance this could have to the girl. “Well, yes. I was doing a one-man flight for my government back home. It was actually a big honor there.”

She nods, a serious look on her face. A chuckle escapes your mouth as you look at her, and she doesn’t let it pass unnoticed.

“Eh? Did I say something funny?”

You shake your head, and she makes a ‘harrumph’ sound as she rests her head on one of her hands.

“…But enough about me. I wanted to know about Lunarians since you first mentioned them. “

“Oh!” She looks at you, once again alert. “Right, right. Lunarians are…” She brings a finger to her lips. “Lunarians are people that order my kind around. They’re pretty full of themselves, too.” She sneers. “I really don’t like being around them. They’re really bossy.”

You nod while you look at her. She does have a rather small size, and you could swear that she has a rabbit tail on her rear.

“Also,” She looks at you, and you avert your gaze. “The Lunarians are so full of themselves that they exiled their little ‘Princess’. I think they sent her to your home, and then failed when they tried to bring her home.”

“Well, that’s some kind of strange people.” You sigh, pushing your hands against the bed. “So, what about this princess?”

“Well, she-”

Yuzuki is cut off as some kind of siren goes off, and her eyes become wide with shock.

“I…” She shakes her head, and snatches up one of her guns. “Get under the bed. Now.”

[ ] Do as she says.
[ ] “Wait, what’s going on?”
[ ] Pick up a gun. “If there’s going to be some kind of trouble, I won’t let you face it alone.”
>> No. 7890
[X] Pick up a gun. “If there’s going to be some kind of trouble, I won’t let you face it alone.”

Fuck yeah, Moononymous!
>> No. 7892
[x] Do as she says.
[x] “Wait, what the hell's going on?”

As fun as it would be to play Knight in Shining Armor, she knows what she's doing and we don't.
>> No. 7893
[ ] Do as she says.
[ ] “What’s going on?”
>> No. 7894
[x] Do as she says.
[x] “Wait, what the hell's going on?”
>> No. 7904
[x] Do as she says.
[x] “What the hell's going on?”
>> No. 7929
[x] Do as she says.
[x] “What the hell's going on?”

YASUOKA IS CONFUSED


"They mostly come out at night. Mostly."
>> No. 7988
You scramble off the mattress and manage to squeeze in under it, concealing yourself beneath the bed. Yuzuki glances down at you and nods, smiling softly.

“Just stay there, okay?”

“Wait!” You give her a stern look. “What the hell is going on?”

“Something big, that’s what. I don’t really have time to explain, so just stay there while I help take care of it, okay?”

“Uh.” You nod, defeated. “O-okay. I guess that’s fine.”

“Good. Just stay there, and don’t leave your spot.”

She flings the door open and runs off, slamming it shut behind her. The damp room is all the company you have now.

---

It feels like over 20 minutes have passed since she left you under the bed. It’s far too hard to hold still anymore, and the urge to try and find Yuzuki enters your mind.

[ ] Try to find her.
[ ] Stay put.
[ ] Get one of those guns.
>> No. 7989
[x] Get one of those crazy guns.
[x] Try to find her.
[x] Try to recall your favorite quotes from the Aliens series.
>> No. 7994
>>7989

Sounds like a plan.

[x] Get one of those crazy guns.
[x] Try to find her.
[x] "Remember: short, controlled bursts."
>> No. 7998
[x] Get one of those crazy guns.
[x] Try to find her.
[x] "Get away from her, you BITCH!"
>> No. 7999
File 121711517838.jpg - (109.58KB , 600x850 , Crazy_Guns.jpg ) [iqdb]
7999
[X] STICK TO YOUR CRAZY GUNS
>> No. 8017
[+] Stay put.
>> No. 8026
[x] Get one of those crazy guns.
[x] Try to find her.
[x] "How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?"
>> No. 8154
[ ] Stay put.
>> No. 8156
But alas! Apollo is gone!

Goodnight, sweet prince, etc.
>> No. 8350
Goodbye, Apollo guy. We will probably miss you.
>> No. 8384
Lost interest already?
>> No. 8513
I'm in despair!
Not being able to see the continued adventures of Space Marine Aldrin has left me in despair!