[Return]
Archived Thread

File 12167842969.jpg - (102.68KB , 800x600 , worst_color_palette_ever.jpg ) [iqdb]
7650 No. 7650
"Regarding our orders, Adjutant... I'd like to make a suggestion. I believe it would be more beneficial in the long run." You look down at Patuxent, gesturing to 'stop'; she raises a thumbs up, no longer monitoring the channel.

"Oh? What do you suggest?"

"That, instead of using the transmitter, we simply take over the ship during the negotiations.", you answer. "Each ship in the fleet has at least a platoon of soldiers, correct? We could take five or ten platoons of our loyal soldiers, and send them to the Dawn. When the time's right, you could tell the Sensors Officer to hold the Captain hostage... while she distracts the crew, the marines could sneak in and take over."

"Go on.", she offers.

"After that, the Sensors officer could transmit additional evidence of Yoakeya's betrayal, and we could cease negotiation and destroy the Pact fleet. Not only would we have weakened the rebels, we would have bridge footage that would make for excellent propaganda. What do you think of this, my lady?"

A long pause fills the 'room'. Eirin ponders over the idea, before voicing her approval:

"...Very creative, I'd say. The rewards are certainly worth the risk; we will try this plan."

"Thank you, ma'am. Also..."

"Yes?"

"You called me 'commander', ma'am?"

Her smirk is now noticeable, a sly curve tracing her mouth.

"I did."

"Then I have been promoted?"

"You will be...", she answers. "When we have returned from our mission, of course."

Walking to the nearby corner of her observation deck, the Adjutant turns to look at you again.

"I will begin gathering the troops. In the meantime, continue to keep watch over my vessel. That is all."

You salute again, nodding, before the channel closes. The map covers the screen again; the ETA marker reads 29:46:11, seconds unit ticking down hastily.

Looking back down to the pit, you can see Brahe still looking up to the screen, for a long second. Her hand tightens by the most minute fraction, as though holding something, before she returns to her console.

"Well, you've heard the Adjutant, Bridge.", you begin, looking back at the miniconsole. "Cover the Eternity's starboard, and scan for any errant signatures along the flank. Weapons to full charge."

Three "affirmatives" ring out from the pit again, and soon the Night's in position.

Now you can relax. How fitting, you think, to be the night coming down on dusk...

~~

The rest of the shift is uneventful. Other than the marines coming onto the Dawn, there were no real anomalies, only lightyears of empty space. Something in your head can't stand all the nothing out there, screaming at your inactivity... you shake it off.

Handing command off to Brahe, you sleepily return to your quarters. Typing in the locker code; four chimes, one beep.

Your jacket goes back in the locker... then the shirt, then the pants... You put on a fresh nightgown by your bed, before slipping under the covers. Sleep comes easy.

A gentle roaring, like waves crashing, surrounds you. The outside. Listening, there's something more; the individual signals unraveling from the whole...

Some things are made clear. Others are dulled more. All of them, you realize, happened today - or are possibly happening right now.

You hear...

[ ] Quiet, sleepless reflection.
[ ] A conversation with a ghost.
[ ] A recounting of a guilty conscience.

~

This time, I am only fashionably late. Anon, you are some sort of think tank when you want to be; I'm impressed.

>> No. 7651
[x] A conversation with a ghost.

The captain of the Belligerence?
>> No. 7652
[X] A recounting of a guilty conscience.
>> No. 7656
[X] Quiet, sleepless reflection.

Set.
>> No. 7663
>>7651
>The captain of the Belligerence?

"Kakushiya" was the name. Or maybe nickname.

We have a good idea of what Eirin's ship is capable of, but the rebel command ship...

>Your group and the Empress' will keep watch over my ship and the rebel command ship, DNS Dusklight, while we attempt to negotiate a peace accord.

Considering the rebels refer to themselves as "Dusklight Pact" I'd imagine it's something substantial. A carrier, cruiser, some kind of experimental battlecruiser like the Eternity.

[Encyclopedia: DNS Dusklight]

The Dawn is comparably sized to the Eternity. Given that its 38 point defense guns give the Dawn 90% coverage, the Eternity with its 15 point defense guns is going to be weak to massed bombing runs. The Empress should have its "full" 8 flights (24-48) of bombers and/or fighters, but this does not stack favorable with the Dawn's 72 bombers and 10 fighters, making the Dawn sort of a supercarrier.

[Encyclopedia: INS Immortal Empress]

Worst case scenario is the Pact's "diplomat fleet" is the Dusklight itself and the entirety of the rebel forces gathered at Tau Ceti, 20 corvettes and 12 frigates. Even if we prevent the defection of the Dawn and its cohorts, we could still be in deep waters if the Dusklight can go toe-to-toe with the Eternity.

We need to measure how our ship matches up against other corvettes:

[Encyclopedia: Selene-class corvette]

And since we have no information on frigates, either:

[Encyclopedia: INS Charity in Belligerence]

With this we should be able to cobble together the odds.
>> No. 7667
>>7663

The Dawn doesn't have fighters, only a small group of scouts. In terms of combat, they couldn't hurt a fly. And remember that the dropship would've taken up most of the space on the Dawn; although 72's a lot, it's not necessarily the upper limit.

Although I'm not writan any more encyclopedia entries, I will say the Empress's bombers and fighters outnumber the Dawn's contingent, but the Empress itself is slower and can deploy probes, automated ships that are basically a supercharged scout.

As for the Dusklight, it's also a cruiser. But the Pact's named for *it*, not the other way around. It doesn't have much weaponry, but the shield and warp systems are beefed up to counter. Sensors are better than the Night's, as well.

Frigates in general have good long range weaponry and shielding, but average mobility. They're effective against corvettes; cruisers, understandably, eat these ships up, their shielding and weapons usually dwarfing whatever a frigate could use against them.

That's all I've got right now. Plz, plz vote.
>> No. 7668
[x] A conversation with a ghost.
>> No. 7669
>>7667
>The Dawn doesn't have fighters, only a small group of scouts. In terms of combat, they couldn't hurt a fly.

Didn't they have 72 bombers? --wait...don't tell me the specs of those "bombers" means they're not actually fit for space combat, and carry no high-yield, high-velocity weaponry capable of making it through the point defenses of enemy ships. I'd say that's a pretty sad carrier but, ironically, it may be for the best since it's a traitor ship. Makes sense that Eirin wouldn't outfit it more appropriately.

...huh. Even if we commandeer it, the ship will probably be mostly useless if space combat breaks out. Kamikaze against slow ships or meatshielding seem to be its only repertoire.
>> No. 7671
>>7669

I meant the 10 fighters; they're only fighters in name.

The bombers have high yield weaponry, most of which can make it past point defense, but they're slower than any other craft in the class. They're fit for space combat... just not fighter combat for the most part.
>> No. 7682
File 121683992496.jpg - (130.04KB , 375x500 , 1212735862221.jpg ) [iqdb]
7682
[x] A conversation with a ghost.

Hooray!
>> No. 7684
[x] A conversation with a ghost.

The dialog will give us the most information.
>> No. 7732
File 121691060155.jpg - (131.97KB , 500x500 , this_asshole_again.jpg ) [iqdb]
7732
Sorry about the wait; I feel asleep last night. Summer's the worst...
~

You hear the Adjutant's voice, lilting as she seems to hum gibberish to herself, in a long, glacial tune.

Slowly, you can begin to see a light, a bright map, and then a chair, a red-blue cloak around it... the Adjutant is sitting there, seemingly asleep, illuminated only by the ebbing glare of the screen. As you listen, closer and closer, you can begin to hear meaning in the song.

{This is the true power of Lunacy, Reisen...}

She is anticipating a war. The gibberish is her voicing a million decisions, endless calculations condensed into spoken word. Strategic things. Tactical things. Odds, possibilities, openings and feints.

In a deep trance, the Adjutant divines the possible courses of the battles to come.

Something interrupts her reverie, and her meditation stops. Aware of something intangible, she opens her eyes, looking up.

Something about her shifts; she is no longer the Adjutant. Now, she is Eirin. A single word leaves her mouth, somewhat playfully:

"Kaguya?"

"Aw, how'd you know?", pouts a voice outside the dream-universe.

There's a sensation much like talking through the implant, a feeling of presence in the room, physicality; you know certain gestures are made, despite being unable to percieve them. In this case, the presence is the Princess, materializing from nowhere.

"I have my ways.", Eirin hints sarcastically. "How are you, my liege?"

"Quite well,", she replies, "although my advisors don't like me staying up so late. It's not healthy, they say."

Eirin chuckles lightly at the remark. "It's true, you know. Bad sleeping habits lead to imbalanced hormones!"

"Not you too!", the Princess laughs childishly. "Ah... enough about me, Eirin. Tell me, how goes your mission?"

"Perfectly.", she reports, smiling. "We're almost at the rendevous point, and the rebels apparently still remain uninformed of our intentions. Our clever traitors are blissfully unaware that they've been discovered; it looks like everything's going as planned."

"Don't you think that's a bit underhanded, Eirin?", Kaguya questions.

"Ah, but there's no such thing as an underhanded scheme in war, my liege..."

"As you taught me.", she admits.

"Besides, the plan we're using now isn't mine."

"Really? Whose is it?"

"Reisen.", she declares proudly, putting a finger to her lips as the starmap in front of her swirls and blurs. "Thought it up while we were in transit..." She chuckles pridefully.

"She's taken after me, it seems."

"It's natural for the child to follow the mother's path,", the Princess reasons, "but this is quite a surprise nonetheless. I thought Reisen was opposed to such trickery?"

Eirin chuckles lightly again.

"That doesn't mean she can't be manipulative for the greater good, you know. Reisen's learned well. Yes..." She breathes happily. "She's changing. Metamorphosing into something new. 'My cup runneth over', indeed..."

"You'd say you're grateful, then?", Kaguya asks.

"Honestly? That's a vast understatement. I'm immeasurably lucky to witness this growth... I just wish we didn't have to have knives at each other's throats."

The map flickers away to a background; Eirin sighs, somewhat disappointedly.

"We haven't made much progress so far with the project. Something about the sample has defied analysis; probably some sort of effect spell. It seems we'll have to expect another month or two of delays. The plan, however, has been going smoothly. All the minor houses have been persuaded. I think we could even expect their support when the time comes."

"But right now, there's a battle to start.", Eirin continues, turning her chair to the side. "I have to finish my preparations before I sleep." Getting up, she puts her hat back on, doffing the cloak wrapped about the chair.

"I shall speak with you again, my liege, when I have more time..."

The Princess 'nods'.

"Then I will see you soon, Eirin. Luna guides."

"And it guides you safe, as well.", Eirin replies. "Goodnight."

The Princess' presence vanishes.

The door slides open, a sliver of white light penetrating the shadows; a certain hardness, a focus, returns to her features. Once again, Eirin is the Adjutant, dominant and inscrutable.

She corrects the tilt of her hat once, before walking out into the light.

~
Second part, in like today. I mean it.
>> No. 7735
HA HA DISREGARD THAT, I HAVE TO GO TO MY GRANDPARENTS' HOUSE
>> No. 7754
You awaken from the vision with a start. Bolting up from your bed, you search around...

Nothing, just your orderly, disheveled room. The window-screens still inactive, the lights now almost shut entirely instead of dimmed.

The clock in your head says it's 5:30 AM. Groaning irritably, you get out of bed, the tenseness in your frame already draining into a foggy sluggishness. Taking the uniform from your locker, you walk over to the bathroom to take your shower; before you do, though, you take a glance at your desk, and a small panel fades in from nowhere above it. The panel reads {CODE YELLOW}, indicating normal warp transit.

You shrug, moving along. Not really focusing on anything, you hang the uniform on one of the walls before entering the shower. You automatically start washing yourself, while your head tries to make sense of what you heard.

Eirin...

She's proud of you. Sees some of herself in you. If she weren't also a power-hungry dictator, that'd be something to boast about. As it stands, it just sort of makes you wince.

It begs asking why she's like this. Why is she so contradictory in nature? Loving on the inside, cold and manipulative on the outside... What changed her so drastically?

That first dream, the one with the palace. That's when she suddenly turned into this. Princess Kaguya... she must've been the reason. For whatever project Eirin's conducting, for sure. For Eirin's mood swing? Probably. Hopefully.

You hope none of this is Eirin's decision, and she's just carrying out Kaguya's orders to the letter. That way, at least, she'd have a reason for her cruelty. Not the best reason, but a reason nonetheless. Then again, Kaguya most likely only gave Eirin a goal, and had her fill in the blanks. It would certainly befit Eirin's style of dominating her enemies.

Neither possibility provides much solace. And that's assuming that vision was entirely true. The reality might be something even more alien...

So which is it? Is Kaguya the ringleader? Or is she just watching?

You wonder about it for a long time, until the shower cuts itself off. When you notice the water no longer raining upon you, you finally abandon the train of thought.

You wrap the towel around yourself, before changing into your uniform.

~~

The crew streams past you both ways down the hall, coming in and out of the rooms lined along the corridor; the night shift must have just ended. They part out of your way, quietly greeting you as they pass by, sometimes waving. Still trying to shift your brain out of conspiracy theory mode, you mostly return a hasty glance as you walk down to the bridge. The officers don't seem to mind.

On the bridge, the map is still up; the fleet is almost there. The long path outlined on the map is now but a tiny nub, so small it's hardly a line at all. The indicators remain, all ships green and ready to go.

The morning shift files in, as you settle into your chair; as always, the holo-sphere on your console fades into view, displaying the fleet, now organized into several orderly walls and Vs. For a second, the Weapons and Sensors consoles remain conspicuously unoccupied, before the missing lieutenants enter; Heiseimi scuttles to her chair, Brahe trailing behind her.

The map vanishes from the screen; still ticking away, the ETA display now reading 00:12:05. In its place is a massive image of blue and red arrows - the two fleets - separated by a long, white line; an anticipatory tactical window, in case things should go awry.

"Good morning, bridge.", you announce sincerely. "Today we're on full alert; keep your eyes peeled. But first, status report. How's the Eternity holding up?"

"100 percent integrity and stable, Captain.", replies Brahe, already back in action; the Eternity's icon expands as she elaborates, flashing gently. "All systems green. Same with the Immortal Empress and the Dawn; in addition, 80 marines from the Empress and Eternity's subgroups have supplemented her hangar contingent. Captain..."

"Yes, Lieutenant?"

"Permission to speak freely, sir?"

You mull over it for a second. That's right, they don't know... Brahe's going to ask why the marines are there.

[ ] "Granted." (answer her question with a writein)
[ ] "Negative. Continue your report, Lieutenant."

~
Somtaaw Writing Module is down to 40% health; repairs are underway. Expect writing to improve as the month draws to a close.
>> No. 7755
[X] "Negative. Continue your report, Lieutenant."

No one must know of this. Make sure the plan works perfectly.
>> No. 7756
>>7650
>"Then I have been promoted?"

PROMOTIONS
>> No. 7757
>>7756

Oh~?
>"You will be...", she answers. "When we have returned from our mission, of course."
Not yet, not yet.

[ ] "Negative. Continue your report, Lieutenant."
>> No. 7758
I'ma wait for first to five with this one.
>> No. 7779
[x] "Granted."
[x] "Brahe, how large is the crew on the Eternity? And what are its dimensions?" Sigh. "A suited commando team could very easily infiltrate the ship during the negotiations and the Eternity has no garrison. Furthermore, despite her awesome firepower, a single corvette loaded with marines could ram a hole in her and take over the entire ship. The Eternity is a command vessel, not built to be this close to the enemy."
>> No. 7796
[X] "Negative. Continue your report, Lieutenant."
>> No. 7802
[X]Negative, continue with thw report
>> No. 7807
>"That doesn't mean she can't be manipulative for the greater good, you know. Reisen's learned well. Yes..." She breathes happily. "She's changing. Metamorphosing into something new. 'My cup runneth over', indeed..."

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."

Looks like our independence streak has paid off.

>"It's natural for the child to follow the mother's path,", the Princess reasons, "but this is quite a surprise nonetheless. I thought Reisen was opposed to such trickery?"

Kaguya doesn't refer to Reisen simply as "Inaba" here. It looks like she has some esteem in her eyes.

>"We haven't made much progress so far with the project. Something about the sample has defied analysis; probably some sort of effect spell. It seems we'll have to expect another month or two of delays. The plan, however, has been going smoothly. All the minor houses have been persuaded. I think we could even expect their support when the time comes."

ONCE THE HOURAI ELIXIR IS MASS PRODUCED


[x] "Later in private, lieutenant. Continue with your report."

As the bridge member who seems most concerned for Reisen and is as well the most helpful, we don't want to treat her coldly or discourage her. We've relied on them so heavily that suspicion of these three now would be beyond the pale. It's the other bridge crew who we don't know very well that we need to keep ourselves tight-lipped.
>> No. 7808
>>7807

Also, [STATUS] since we're supposed to gain a trait every time we dream
>> No. 7811
>>7808

Ah, yes, you are:

[STATUS:TRAITS]

TRAITS: Crystallized Faith (+10 to Willpower, +5 to Personality, Second Wind Ability), Yagokoro Awarness II(effects of Yagokoro Awareness, +3 Charisma when talking to Adjutant, +25% Morale during battles including Adjutant)

Yagokoro Awareness II: From your dreams, you have seen that even the Adjutant has her own weaknesses, her own blind spots - it means she's not so invincible after all.

When you speak with her, your words carry more weight: boost Charisma by 3 during dialog with Adjutant. Also, during battles where the Adjutant is present, regardless of side, you start with a 25% Morale boost.
>> No. 7823
File 121701519916.png - (122.18KB , 643x483 , hwcata_taiifleet.png ) [iqdb]
7823
As much as you'd like to explain this to her, the plan can't be revealed. Yet.

"...Perhaps in private later, Lieutenant.", you reply, respectfully. "Continue your report, if you would please."

"Ah, yes sir." The Eternity shrinks back to the side of the screen. "Shield and hull integrity are at 100 percent; weapons remain charged. ETA to the rendezvous point is now nine minutes and counting; a large warp bubble is approaching the same point," - a large yellow sphere appears in front of the fleet on your console - "but we could not discern the vessels within. We presume it to be the Pact negotiators. Tactical, however, estimates a possible force equivalent or larger than our fleet, of around twenty mixed frigates and corvettes, not including the Dusklight itself." "Tactical will update her report when both fleets exit their distortions. That is all... wait, no..."

You glance at her specifically, the one with long, light blue hair near the edge. "Brahe?"

"The Eternity just initiated a long range scan... all wavelengths, searching for vessels. I don't know why..."

She mumbles something to herself, frantically recording something into her console.

"Lieutenant, is something wrong?"

The typing slows back down to normal; Brahe looks up to the screen, for some reason, before looking back down. She looks... worried, for some reason.

"No, sir... it's nothing. I... I just did not expect a full range scan in warp." The typing continues. "Situation normal otherwise. ETA seven minutes and counting, Captain."

You want to ask her what happened, but before you get a chance to say anything Patuxent interrupts, apparently startled by a request on her console.

"Ah, excuse me ma'am! The Eternity is hailing us!"

"Onscreen."

The Adjutant appears on the screen again; now her bridge is like a massive display of charts and graphs. On the side, where the camera overlooks the lower bridge, you can make out one of the larger tactical displays; it looks like they know the rebel fleet's composition already, probably acting on information from the spy. Her body is shrouded by a large, red-blue cloak, covered with constellations; unlike Eirin's normal clothing, the stars embroidered into it seem to emit a faint light of their own... Something about it's unsettling, a likely intentional effect.

Below, Brahe stares at the Adjutant's form, as though hypnotized; her left hand closes tightly, before she looks back down... there is a vague hint of unknown expression upon her normally stoic face.

Back up on the window, Eirin turns to face you. She smiles serenely, confident in the victory that awaits.

"Good morning, Commander Reisen.", the Adjutant greets. "Today, we end this... I trust you are ready?"

Well aware of her meaning, you salute.

[ ] "As always, Adjutant."
[ ] "I am in place, my lady."
[ ] "I am prepared, sir."
>> No. 7829
[X] "As always, Adjutant."
>> No. 7835
>>7823

[x] Smile. "Let the dice roll high, my Lady."

We can afford to be a little hot-blooded every now and then.

Also fuck yeah gonna get promoted.
>> No. 7842
>"Lieutenant, is something wrong?"
>The typing slows back down to normal; Brahe looks up to the screen, for some reason, before looking back down. She looks... worried, for some reason.
>"No, sir... it's nothing. I... I just did not expect a full range scan in warp." The typing continues. "Situation normal otherwise. ETA seven minutes and counting, Captain."

This and her question before makes me wonder if she knows that the Dawn is defecting. It's unlikely she's a traitor, considering her performance in the aborted Ceti III raid, but maybe she's involved with one of the crew on-board the Dawn or its subordinate vessels.
>> No. 7843
>>7835
I'd rather a cool and collected approach for this endeavor. Somehow, neither lying to the crew, nor letting on that we've enacted a purge sits well with me.

>>7842
Unable to figure out why the exact purpose of the scan (if the traitor was relaying the information, why do we need to scan them?) nor why it would be so surprising. Unless the scan was actually to pick up whatever signal the traitor was transmitting, somehow.
>> No. 7845
>>7843

It's not a purge. The plan is to arrest Lord Yoakeya to be used as propaganda and interdict the ships before they become enemies, not to execute a wholesale slaughter of their crew.
>> No. 7846
>Unable to figure out why the exact purpose of the scan (if the traitor was relaying the information, why do we need to scan them?) nor why it would be so surprising. Unless the scan was actually to pick up whatever signal the traitor was transmitting, somehow.

The Eternity is looking for the transmitter signal coming from the Dawn, to be used as firing coordinates in the case that the plan fails and the ship needs to be disabled. A scan of the just Dawn itself would reveal our hand.
>> No. 7849
File 121702326118.jpg - (164.27KB , 600x814 , 1175554594031.jpg ) [iqdb]
7849
>>7845
"Purge" might be an exaggeration, but the base concept matches what we're doing. We're removing traitors. And out of the Dawn's crew, there will be some that are willingly supporting his defection. While we shouldn't worry too much about it now (he should order them stand down, unless he's willing to go down in a blaze of gore), it's likely that he won't lack for company in whatever sentence is passed.

>>7846
The transmitter isn't active, so it isn't transmitting.
>> No. 7857
[ ] "As always, Adjutant."
[ ] "I am in place, my lady."
[ ] "I am prepared, sir."

I CAN'T CHOOSE
THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME YET THEY AREN'T

[X] "I amprepared, my Adjuntant."

Screw this, going with all.
>> No. 7859
>>7849

"Purging" is used to describe a witch-hunt within one's own military or government. However, these men are in active rebellion; they don't consider themselves citizens of the Lunarian Empire. As to whether a "purge" may be the result of the propaganda this creates is up to Eirin, but I don't think she's stupid enough to decimate our own ranks while there's a civil war going on.
>> No. 7862
>>7843
>I'd rather a cool and collected approach for this endeavor. Somehow, neither lying to the crew, nor letting on that we've enacted a purge sits well with me.

I wouldn't expect them to shed any tears for a treasonous aristocrat. The crew were all for blowing the hell out of the rebels last time and were disappointed at the return order. Reisen should appear completely confident in front of the Adjutant; otherwise, they'll think she's been extorted into doing something against her will, and their morale will suffer for it.
>> No. 7864
Please, *please* vote. If you want to argue, make your point by casting a vote along with your argument... else I can't gb2 /work/.
>> No. 7865
[ ] "As always, Adjutant."
>> No. 7866
[x] Smile. "Let the dice roll high, my Lady."

Let's show Eirin we don't really have to have "knives at each others' throats" as she put it.
>> No. 7868
[X] "As always, Adjutant."
>> No. 7870
[ ] "As always, Adjutant."
Adjunant
[ ] "I am in place, my lady."
Eirin
[ ] "I am prepared, sir."
Nobody important

[X] "I am in place, my lady."
>> No. 7873
>>7864
Must...resist...card crush...
>> No. 7874
>>7870
Since ou the only to try to analyse the options I will follow your steps. But if this is the road to deception...

[X] "I am in place, my lady."
>> No. 7875
[λ] Grin sardonically. "Let the dice roll high, my Lady."

Subordinate yet feisty. I like that Reisen. I think Eirin does too.

The exchange should impresses the bridge crew in a Captain Anonymous way without giving away whether we're really with Eirin or against her.
>> No. 7876
>>7875
>against her.

Uh, why would we be against her?
>> No. 7882
>>7875

But we are no Captain Anonymous, so yeah!
>> No. 7883
>>7876

Because Eirin had ordered that Reisen be assassinated (even if it required destroying the whole ship), which resulted in the massacre aboard the Belligerence, and then she had the gall to put our ship under lock-down and force the Subcommander out by gunpoint--all of which the crew is aware of.

We've spoken about her with derision in front of the crew before:
>“To be honest, I don't quite get the situation myself... most likely, this operation was meant to be the first shot in a shadow war. It wouldn't be first time the Adjutant violated basic protocol to accomplish her goals; it certainly won't be the last.

As for Reisen's personal opinions on Eirin:
>“But like I said,”, you continue, “despite our reputation, we're not insane killers; the way the Adjutant uses us, its an understandable image though. The Guard wasn't really made to be the specialty army it is.”
>“...It's not really a question of loyalty, it's question of method. I'm fine with the Adjutant's commands, since it's for the sake of the Empire; I just don't think the way we solve it is the best. Not every problem needs soldiers thrown at it...” A bit unnerved by her sincerity, you try to move away from the topic. “That's just my opinion, though.”

There's no question as to the crew's personal loyalty to Reisen, given that that they drew weapons on the marines that boarded the ship.
>> No. 7884
File 121703907239.jpg - (491.57KB , 1280x1024 , 1179724789161.jpg ) [iqdb]
7884
>>7864
I already voted, though.

>>7859
>"Purging" is used to describe a witch-hunt within one's own military or government. However, these men are in active rebellion; they don't consider themselves citizens of the Lunarian Empire.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Removing traitors/rival factions within a government is referred to as "purging."

>>7876
Because she may try to kill us. Though I personally favor supporting her, come what may, just to see how the story goes.
>> No. 7886
>>7884
>I don't understand what you're trying to say. Removing traitors/rival factions within a government is referred to as "purging."

"Purging" connotates the execution and imprisonment of members on mere suspicion of disloyalty or display of sympathy for unacceptable ideologies, often used to the end of fear mongering.

Second, I don't see how you can meaningfully call it "purging" when they're in OPEN REBELLION and no longer identify themselves as Imperial citizens--you can't "purge" the ranks of someone else's army.
>> No. 7888
Damnit, they're tied again... coin flippan now.
>> No. 7891
>>7883

But that was before we had our memories back!

...wait. We still don't have them, do we? Well, shit. But it still was before we had *some* of the memories...at the time we barely recognized the crew itself.
>> No. 7907
>>7891
>But it still was before we had *some* of the memories...at the time we barely recognized the crew itself.

We still barely recognize the crew. We only know three names; we're still calling the navigation officer "Nav." Eirin herself said Reisen would likely never recover her memory, and honestly it's probably better that she continue to think so.

>>7888
>Damnit, they're tied again... coin flippan now.

They're both consistent with past characterization; just pick whichever one makes for a more interesting story.
>> No. 7918
>>7886
>"Purging" connotates the execution and imprisonment of members on mere suspicion of disloyalty or display of sympathy for unacceptable ideologies, often used to the end of fear mongering.

Okay, no, you're wrong. If you're going this far to argue it, I'll just let a dictionary speak for me. And that's that.

purge
1. (transitive verb) get rid of opponents: to remove opponents or people considered undesirable from a state or organization


>Second, I don't see how you can meaningfully call it "purging" when they're in OPEN REBELLION and no longer identify themselves as Imperial citizens--you can't "purge" the ranks of someone else's army.

You are confusing "open rebellion" and "conspiracy to commit treason."
>> No. 7928
>>7918
>Okay, no, you're wrong. If you're going this far to argue it, I'll just let a dictionary speak for me. And that's that.

I'm not going to explain the difference between connotation and denotation to you.

>You are confusing "open rebellion" and "conspiracy to commit treason."

Uh, no. They've already committed treason, or did you forget the part about selling scouts to the Pact as well as using bombers to mine asteroids for them?
>> No. 7933
>>7918 >>7928

Hai gais, what's the ring finger?

Yeah, stop you two, this is getting as ridiculous as what happened on /sdm/.
>> No. 7937
"Let the dice roll high, my lady.", you answer, with a sardonic smirk. "We await only your word."

She lifts a eyebrow, the smile temporarily wiped from her face, before a sly grin takes its place.

"Such a charmer you are, Commander...", she shoots right back.

"I try, ma'am.", you answer, pleasantly but earnestly, folding your arm under the other. Eirin lets out a satisfied laugh.

"And thank the Empress you do!", she exclaims. "You're the only one awake, it seems; the only one with a modicum of enthusiasm... but I digress. We are dropping out of warp soon; I'd like your group to close ranks with the fleet, while spreading out your subgroup's formation."

"To present a more uniform front, my lady?"

Eirin nods. "Intimidation is a valid tactic, after all, even in diplomacy. Especially in diplomacy."

You motion to Patuxent again, just to give it the ok; immediately, the fleet begins to seal up, forming more or less a cloud of ships on the console.

"Already on it, ma'am!", she replies dutifully. You look back up, to see Eirin visibly impressed.

"Excellent. We're dissapating the distortion now; the fleet should be dead ahead."

"Confirmed.", Brahe reports. "All ships are exiting warp, Captain, and our group has established formation; getting sensor returns on the Pact fleet now. Composition, twenty-two vessels: five frigates, sixteen corvettes, and the DNS Dusklight. Estimated distance roughly 44 kilometers."

"We're all ready on this end.", you assure, looking back up to her.

"Then let's do it.", Eirin answers, pacing back to the front of the post. "I'm hailing the Dusklight now... Watch our back, Commander."

The Adjutant turns back to look over her bridge, and the camera switches to a front on view, before shrinking to roughly half size.

"Hail them!", she commands.

Another window, slightly dimmer, fills the empty half of the screen, showing something more like your ship's bridge than the Eternity's: captain in the center, surrounded by officers around him. In this case, a slim, slightly effeminate character rests in the chair, apparently a young Lunarian boy, around 30; the eyes, however, are that of a moon rabbit's: light yellow, and slightly luminescent, a kind, naive smile on his face.

His right leg crossed over the left, he quickly unfolds it before the Adjutant begins.
>> No. 7938
>>7937
>the eyes, however, are that of a moon rabbit's: light yellow, and slightly luminescent, a kind, naive smile on his face.

A half-rabbit? I had assumed given the lack of males that moon rabbits were artificially-grown and sterile, so that the caste system wouldn't break due to interbreeding.
>> No. 7939
>>7938

It's... complex. Well, legally, it's not, but in practice, it is.
>> No. 7940
moar
>> No. 7941
>>7940

Alright, alright. I want to make this one good. There's actual gameplay after all the dialog, after all.

Plannan and writan now.
>> No. 8008
"The Empire of Luna greets you, Commander Sai Konkaze. I, Eirin Yagokoro, Adjutant to her Grace Princess Houraisan Kaguya, speaks on its behalf."

He simply salutes her. "And I return the gesture, Hand of Houraisan. I hope we can come to a peace here." Sitting up, he continues."Shall we drop the formalities, then?"

"Yes, let's. We are willing to consider a cease-fire..."

One of the officers, a slightly burly guy, angrily points to the screen, as if he could threaten the Adjutant with his gaze. No rabbit ears... that's, surprisingly enough, a Lunarian.

"Now wait right there!"

"Enough of that, 'Shien.", the boy lightly chastises. "Settle down!"

"But sir, we were told-"

"Many things. " The boy calmly interrupts. "But we were only promised this negotiation, my friend." He gives the man a sort of 'trust me on this one' look, and sighing quietly, burly guy returns to work. "Now then -" he swivels the chair back to face Eirin - "Please continue, Watcher."

The rebel keeps referring to her by various archaic names... why, it's hard to tell, but it serves its purpose of irritating Eirin.

"As I was saying... we are willing to consider a cease fire, if the Pact will return the Imperial nobles besieged on Tau Ceti III, and reserve control of the planets outside of Mira's asteroid belt for the Empire."

The rebel crew gapes at what they hear; their commander just rubs his chin, considering the words, their meaning.

"Of course," she continues, "if this is unacceptable, then the return of Ceti III's orbital station to Imperial control would also be acceptable. In that case, we would recycle the components for additional resources..."

He keeps thinking about it; the rebels try to pretend they're not in shock at Eirin's proposal, working faster.

"The rebel fleet is shunting reactor share to engines.", Brahe duly notes. "Weapon charge decreasing."

They're getting cagey.

"What is your decision, Commander Konkaze?"

He shrugs. "Neither could currently be feasible terms, I'm afraid. We will grant the remaining aristocrats safe passage home; however, Mira's planets are too resource-rich, and with our current production speeds, we wouldn't be able to replace the defensive power of the station for at least a year. But..."

"But?"

"But what if we could demilitarize the border between our nations? All military forces between Tau Ceti and Sol would have to withdraw to the nearest safe zone, while a commission of guards from both countries could patrol the border."

"The only problem is that we would have to leave our territories in Aquila unguarded, residing as it does between Sol and Tau Ceti. That constellation contains easily a sixth of the Empire's industries, as well as several shipyards. Deconstructing them could take an excessive amount of time."

"Scuttling them is unacceptable, Watcher?"

Eirin glares at the boy, vexed slightly by his nonchalance. "Yes, it is very much so."

"The Pact ships are attempting making an about-face, Captain.", Brahe reports. The ships, now individual shapes in the map, begin to swing about as she said. Konkaze raises his palm, looking to his left; they halt immediately.

"No, disregard that, captain. They are holding position."

"Perhaps we're going about this the wrong way.", he concludes. "Primarily, our main concerns are territory and resources, correct? There's plenty of uncolonized galaxy to go around, and we're no longer restricted by the old ways. What if instead, we split up the galaxy? The Empire could own one half, and the Pact the other; in the case we discover more spacefaring races, we could redraw the map accordingly. The only caveat would be that no millitary vessel could cross the border without authority from the opposing government. You wouldn't have to throw anything away, and there wouldn't be any unprotected zones."

Eirin hums, as if seriously considering this. A few seconds later, Brahe cuts in again:

"Captain, a transmission was just sent from the Eternity to the Dawn. Interception indicates them to be a list of frequencies."

She's starting it already? Well, no matter. You said you were ready.

"Heiseimi,", you ask offhand, "do we still have weapons charged?"

The Adjutant whispers to a senior officer by her, apparently having a small discussion there. Heiseimi looks over her shoulder at you, answering with a somewhat terse "Affirmative". She's seems tense, probably remembering the Belligerence... you can't help but feel a pang of guilt for reminding her of it.

They're not going to die this time, though. Or at least, they shouldn't, you tell yourself.

The officer nods, and Eirin turns to speak with the rebels again.

"Yes, that would be a reasonable offer, commander.", she says, the glare fading away. "Although 'accordingly' is a bit vague, we can discuss semantics later. For now, let's get to work."

The rebels let out a relaxed sigh, somehow reassured by Eirin's BS. The Pact fleet reverses its course, reorienting itself to face your own. They're too easy to convince, you muse... already considering the conflict resolved the second the enemy agrees to think about holding their fire.

How stupid.

"I'm glad you could see it that way." Crossing his leg habitually, Konkaze continues. "I suppose we could divide it up by exact positioning, but that wouldn't be fair to either of us. What would you say to dividing it by star composition?"

"We could work with that, assuming the focus is still more on keeping the territory contiguous."

"Of course, Watcher. That would be the primary aim above all..."

Tuning out the small talk, you glance at your console's map. The models just float there, idling the time, and you spin it around, slowly.

'...the borders, are they spherical?'

'...It's more two dimensional...'

One of the ships under the Eternity releases a 'ping'.

"Captain?", Brahe chirps.

You look back up. "Yes?"

"The Dawn has broadcast a hailing request to all ships in the area."

"And singularities would be the responsibility of the controlling power...", the Adjutant repeats. "Wait a moment..."

"Is something the matter, Lady Yagokoro?"

Another ping. "It's sending its request again, sir.", Brahe reports.

You tell her to ignore it.

"One of our vessels is requesting a channel with both fleets, commander, text only. One moment..."

The Adjutant pauses, then gradually feigns an expression of suppressed astonishment.

"I see...", she murmurs to another officer. "tell her that we will put her on, Ensign. Just don't do anything drastic."

Turning her attention back to Konkaze, she brings the news to him too.

"Commander," she begins, astonishment in her voice, "I must postpone this discussion."

"What for, Adjutant?"

A pause.

"...I've received a message from one of the ships in my fleet. An officer's holding it hostage; she wants us to end the negotiation, and listen to what she has to say."

The slight grin on the commander's face vanishes when a third screen pops up, showing the Dawn's bridge.

What you see is somehow both expected and surprising at the same time. Warmly lit, the bridge looks pretty normal, if it weren't for the look of terror on the crew's faces. They work quickly, driven by the sound of someone choking on something. In the center, a stout little man, Lord Yoakeya, struggles against someone's grasp, forced to look into the screen... behind him, a rabbit girl holds him in a stranglehold, a gun pressed firmly against his skull. She looks at the crew, then at him, then at the screen.

Sensing some possibility of escape, the poor bastard tries to bite her arm; the officer just tightens her grip, eliciting a choked gasp of pain.

"Attention Imperial fleet!", she shouts. "Attention honored Adjutant! Stop the negotiations now and cease discussions immediately! The Pact scum lies to you!"

Everyone stares at the fanatic, mouth agape. Everyone except you and the Adjutant, of course.

~

Ok, now part 3 comes up before the fucking night is over. Excuse the wait.
>> No. 8009
>>8008

Fucking awesome.
>> No. 8010
Oh don't you worry your little self about the wait. Long as we're warned, waiting ain't nothin' but a thang, naa'mean? 'sides, you got yo'self a nice little style goin' here, all intr'stin' an military an stuff. 'sworth waitin' for.
>> No. 8014
>The rebel keeps referring to her by various archaic names... why, it's hard to tell, but it serves its purpose of irritating Eirin.

He speaks in an over-familiar manner and with a naive sense of entitlement--certainly unbefitting that of a soldier--and the loose reign on his officers suggests he's not an exceptional commander.

There has to be some reason why the Rebellion would let a kid play with near half their fleet. He wasn't referred to with a title other than "commander" (unlike Yoakeya), so he isn't of any recognized nobility, but he's too young to have actually earned the authority he wields.

Shot in the dark: This kid is bastard of royal blood, probably rabbit-born, whose claim is backed by the nobles who dislike Kaguya's (or rather, Eirin's) rule. If he's not just a mere pretender but a valid claimant, Kaguya's position would be jeopardized, understandably galvanizing Eirin. A preemptive attack would have prevented the peace talks and this opportunity to eliminate him, explaining the extreme measures she took to stop us.
>> No. 8043
File 121716666837.jpg - (44.64KB , 640x400 , hostage_takan_gaems.jpg ) [iqdb]
8043
Feigning unease, the Adjutant calmly tries to speak with her.

"...Wait, please calm down. As much as you can - please, do not do anything hasty." Eirin breathes. "Tell me, soldier: what is your name? And why must we end the peace talks with the Pact?"

"1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku, at your service sir!" Somehow, she salutes with her gun hand. "And these talks must stop because the Pact has no intentions of following the accords!"

"Whatever your suspicions," Konkaze tries to reassure, "I can assure you-"

'Ryoku flares the gun, the charge of magic growing right next to Yoakeya's head. He whimpers in silent horror.

"Quiet, traitor!", she barks. "You rebel scum will speak when the Adjutant lets you!"

Is...is Yoakeya crying?

"As I was going to say..." 'Ryoku steps forward, still choking the noble - "These worms are already violating the rules of war. For they raise more traitors from our very own ranks! This man -" she thrusts Yoakeya's face to the screen - "his crew, and his subgroup... all were tempted by their insidious will, and willingly prepared to leave with the worms the second the Adjutant was unaware! Three squadrons! Six vessels! And the snakes expected to get away with this!" She laughs insanely. "Keh heh heh... but they didn't expect there to be a loyal officer among them!"

"Nonsense! We nev-"

The fanatic charges the gun even more - a faint thrumming noise warms up right next to Lord Yoakeya's face.

"SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!"

He's begging somebody to help, as tears roll down his cheeks. You can make out a cry to the Empress for mercy... how painfully ironic.

"Sir!", she continues, gazing back at the Adjutant, "I have seen their fall with my very own eyes! I have undeniable proof of the Pact's attempt to sway these lost ones to their cause! It resides in this very ship."

Her glare snaps to Konkaze. "I have but two demands! The first, that you end the negotiations, which you follow already. The second... that the rebels watch as their plot falls beneath them! After all, the traitors swear allegiance to the Cetus pigs! If these demands are not fufilled, then I will have no choice but destroy the bridge!"

Yoakeya struggles against her stranglehold, managing to hack out part of a sentence, before she starts choking him again.

"Krgh- the b..itch... the bitch bluff-*ghak*!"

"He says I bluff!", 'Ryoku laughs haughtily. "The nerve! I can tell you I have more than enough power to obliterate everything in this room!" Two crystals glow momentarily on her hip. "Strapped to me are two capnades, fully charged.... should anybody try any funny bullshit, this whole room goes up in a blaze! I-"

A ticking noise is heard against the bridge door. Slowly, she turns to look at it.

"...What is that?"

The Adjutant's lips curl invisibly into a sly grin. The marines have arrived.

Your crew, entranced by the spectacle, look on in horror. You try to get Brahe's attention, but she seems the most hypnotized of all. Her pupils are like pinpricks... a look of absolute terror cracks through her mask.

Unable to do much more, you continue to watch the madness.

"You there!", she barks to a man on her right. Weapons, you good for nothing fuck! Go to the door and see what's going on!"

Stuttering, he jitteringly swivels his chair away from the desk.

"Didn't you hear the part about how I could turn this place to ash in an instant?", 'Ryoku snarls. "Get your ass off that chair, and see who's there!"

The unfortunate officer stumbles out his chair, spurred on when the Sensors officer tracks him with the gun. He huddles up to the door, trying to listen. As he does, the ticking is replaced by a series of beeps.

A muffled voice from the other side sends him running away from the door with a scream, and the large port slides open. A speaker blares a static-laced voice.

"Flash in!"

Then, a flash of white; it dies out only a second later. A couple dozen marines storm in, taking aim at everyone on the ship. Everyone, with the exception of 'Ryoku, puts their hands in the air.

"You! Get down now, and put your hands up!"

Several clad in white shove their rifles against their victims' back, speedily extracting weapons from their holsters. A green marine inspects them, making sure they retrieved all the weapons. She looks to a black-red marine entering the bridge, holding thumbs up to the rest.

"B-07, we've got them under control here, sir."

The tall one nods to the marine, before gesturing to Yoakeya.

"Good. Tie 'em. Lt. Tsuryoku? You can let go of the captain. We've got this under control."

She looks at the marine for a second, before shoving the noble onto the floor, cursing Yoakeya's name. An assistant runs up to cuff him, placing a sealing spell on the man; Around her, the same happens to the senor officers, all handcuffed and dragged out of their seats... The marines take their place on the consoles.

Stupefied by the turn of events, not one soul, on any of the channels, questions where the marines came from. In just a couple of minutes, they've taken control of a ship...

Admittedly, you can't help but be impressed.

Turning around, 'Ryoku walks up to the captain's chair, tapping something into the console.

"I send my evidence to you, Adjutant! Audio and text logs of their betrayal... and there's still more on the ship!"
>> No. 8045
>>8043

Just as planned.
>> No. 8067
There is a fourth part to this wall, right? I want to see the "FFFFFFFFF-" on Konkaze's face when Eirin plays the evidence.
>> No. 8073
File 121719518177.jpg - (49.69KB , 800x600 , marching_into_death.jpg ) [iqdb]
8073
One of Eirin's officers below speaks over the intercom.

"Adjutant," he stammers, "this is Comms here. We are recieving a long stream of data from the Dawn now... preformatted as audio and text logs, like the woman said... it's broadcasting it on all channels, military to civilian."

"Can you verify their veracity, FN?", she mumbles, now looking convincingly stunned.

"...Verified, milady. Replaying audial recordings, and listing text entries now..."

What reaches your ears is the climax of perhaps the greatest trick ever played. Most of it you've heard before, back on the Dawn, although a few choice words about "cursing the Adjutant" and "bringing down her corpulent reign" make some special appearances; probably the only reason there's no video recordings is because the main log database was wiped, as Yoakeya requested.

Meanwhile, on the rebel's channel, his crew look like they just saw the world come to an end. Which wouldn't be far from the truth, actually. Their commander, however, remains unmoved, whispering something to an attendant officer.

Eventually, Eirin switches the playback off, glaring down at the text logs displayed on her console. When she looks back up, everyone on the Dusklight slightly trembles.

Surprisingly, she doesn't look very angry. In fact, that smile's back on her face again. The cold, vengeful gleam in her eyes, however, paints a far, far different vision of her. It's hard to say whether or not Eirin's genuinely angry or not... but then her eyes narrow, her voice taking on an icy, deathly tone.

"...I've heard enough. And this is all true?", she asks rhetorically. "I... thank you for your duty towards your Empire, Lieutenant. Rest assured you will be finely rewarded for your loyalty."

"Bridge?", you call out, eyes peeled to the screen.

Snapping back to attention, the pit looks to you.

"Get ready for a fight."

Slowly, they get the hint, turning to their consoles. Heiseimi hastily reports in.

"Weapons still charged, Captain! Front shields raised to full!"

"Commander Konkaze,", Eirin continues coldly, "this negotiation is over."

There's little fear in the boy's eyes. Instead, emboldened by the onset of battle, Konkaze immediately begins directing the fleet into battle.

"You heard our adversary! Prepare for battle! Beta and Gamma gr-"

The rebel's channel cuts off quietly.

"Fleet..." Eirin begins, rising in tone, "the Lunar Empire is now at war with the Dusklight Pact! For the glory of the Princess," she cries, "destroy these traitors before they escape!" She grits her teeth. "Leave nothing! Leave no one!"

"Captain!", Brahe exclaims. "The Dusklight is making a full 180, and its fleet is forming a wall in front of it!"

Switching the screen to an external camera, it refills with dozens of red squares, corvettes and frigates, some already marked down with Xs. In their midst lies a much bigger diamond - "DNS Dusklight".

Gradually, nine or ten dots of light begin to fade in from the distance.

"They're powering up weapons, sir!"

Now's your cue.

~
Finally, the space scuffle. You can give commands individually to any ship in your subgroup, or give multiple ships the same orders, but giving no specified group will give all of your ships said orders.

Destroy everything that moves.
~

Group Health: 100%
Ship Health: 100%
Your group's ships will focus their fire on one target.
Your ship will focus its fire on one target.

Tactical Commands:
[ ] Switch firing priority - target as many ships as possible within a group

Attack:
[ ] Pact corvettes
[ ] Pact frigates
[ ] DNS Dusklight

Write-ins are more than acceptable; these are just orders you can make, after all.
>> No. 8074
Tactical Commands:
[X] Switch firing priority - target all enemy ships blocking a clear line of fire to the Dusklight.

Attack:
[X] DNS Dusklight

Destroy the head, and the body will wither and die.
>> No. 8075
Tactical Commands:
[X] Switch firing priority - target all enemy ships blocking a clear line of fire to the Dusklight.

Attack:
[X] DNS Dusklight

This seems to leave us open to one hell of a counter attack. But at this point their weapons are still charging, right?
>> No. 8097
>>8096
>Even if the Eternity's guns get a clear shot, at this range it won't be enough to cripple her before she can enter warp.

Uncertain. QWL mentioned the unknowns equipped to the Eternity have a minimum range of 50km. If they're anti-ship weapons, then they should certainly be capable of striking the Dusklight down even after they think they've gained a sufficient lead. If they're not anti-ship weapons then the plan I have in mind won't work.

>Give a speech to the pilots aboard the Dawn, offering willing volunteers a chance to clear their name and restore their honor by engaging the rebel fleet.

We do need this, but with the marines taking over and the senior officers taken into custody, it's been left vague what the situation is in the Dawn's hangars.
>> No. 8100
>>8097
>Uncertain. QWL mentioned the unknowns equipped to the Eternity have a minimum range of 50km. If they're anti-ship weapons, then they should certainly be capable of striking the Dusklight down even after they think they've gained a sufficient lead. If they're not anti-ship weapons then the plan I have in mind won't work.

Remember that Reisen had estimated 10 frigates were about equivalent in power to a single normal cruiser? Now, if the Eternity's guns are powerful enough to take down a beefed-up cruiser at that range, then she doesn't even need a clear shot; the weapon will cut through frigates and corvettes like they aren't even there.

In which case, we aren't really needed except to defend the Eternity while her guns charge, and we'd do better with a defensive strategy.

>We do need this, but with the marines taking over and the senior officers taken into custody, it's been left vague what the situation is in the Dawn's hangars.

We'll have to ask what the situation is then.

>>8096
Changing vote:
[x] "All ships form a defensive ring around the Eternity; take position wherever her point defenses are the weakest."
[x] "Brahe, give me readings on the Eternity's main guns. I need to know how strong their output is and how long until they're ready to fire. And keep watch on the Dawn and its subordinate vessels."
[x] "Patuxent, hail the Eternity and tell the Adjutant we may have a plan to catch the Dusklight before it escapes. I need her on-screen immediately."

Worst case scenario: Eirin chides us for not having enough faith in her, and we get clearer orders.
>> No. 8114
If the Eternity's guns have a lengthy recharge time, we might need to use her guns AND the bombers to catch the Dusklight in time. Even if they don't take down her shields in one salvo, they'll at least have cleared the flight path.

The Empress has more bombers than the Dawn, but they're not going to follow suicide orders like volunteers from the Dawn would. Rather, the Empress' bombers should attack the enemy fleet en masse so as to distract the Rebels and divert fire away from the bombers aiming for the Dusklight. Using massed bombers against a (mostly) corvette fleet would normally be lunacy, but when the Eternity fires its salvo as the bombers approach firing range, they will freak and probably break formation.

Maybe Anonymous is overthinking, but it's too much fun to just pick a packaged option.
>> No. 8116
Vote deleted, in light of the information that the Eternity's unknown armament are not anti-ship weapons.

And about the Dawn's bomber complement,
<Stradetch> Their captain just got arrested, and the ship's suddenly under the control of their captain's enemy
<Stradetch> understandably, they're probably in no mood to fight

The main problem here is still that the Dusklight is going to get away, but at the moment I can't think of any plan that would catch it. While sufficient long-range firepower might take it down, it's almost certain we won't be able to rely on that. We can't simply surge forward because of the defensive wall the other ships are making, though in turn this makes it likely that we can destroy everything but the Dusklight. If we had access to the entire fleet... only thing that comes to mind is a spearhead to break their formation.
>> No. 8122
>Vote deleted, in light of the information that the Eternity's unknown armament are not anti-ship weapons.

Well, fiddlesticks.

How about we move as if to flank their formation with all other corvettes and half of the Empress' bombers, while advancing on the midsection with our frigates and the Eternity? Their corvettes will move away from their middle to interdict the bombers, leaving the frigates to fight the Eternity.

The other half of the bomber force then follows the Dark single file through the middle of their formation, while the Dark uses its weapons to destroy point defense guns and its shields to blocks oncoming fire. With the Dark's speed, we'll clear the line while their main batteries are still focused on the Eternity.

Think Millennium Falcon in the second Death Star run.

Regardless if we're going to attempt any fleet-wide maneuver, we have to contact Eirin first.
>> No. 8127
>>8116
>We can't simply surge forward because of the defensive wall the other ships are making, though in turn this makes it likely that we can destroy everything but the Dusklight.

That sounds like a pretty good trade-off to me.
>> No. 8152
Tactical Commands:
[X] Switch firing priority - target all enemy ships blocking a clear line of fire to the Dusklight.

Attack:
[X] DNS Dusklight
>> No. 8177
>>8176

I recommend you give your fleet an order while it's your turn.

In general, to all of u, remember that the primary objective is to rape and pillage right now. If you can find out a way to get the Dusklight, that's actually pretty excellent, but otherwise you don't have to dwell on it exclusively.
>> No. 8198
>>8197

You know what, disregard that. Experiencing emo faggotry, tired, etc. I'll write it, but I don't know when I'll be done.

Sorry 'bout that.
>> No. 8199
Eh, all the options look kinda the same.... Or rather, they're similar enough that I can't say one has a better chance of achieving an outcome I'd desire than another.

Well, I guess I'll run with this.

Tactical Commands:
[X] Switch firing priority - target all enemy ships blocking a clear line of fire to the Dusklight.

Attack:
[X] DNS Dusklight
>> No. 8201
>>8127
Except for the fact that this is only a portion of their fleet, yes. But we don't seem to have any better options available, so let's go for it.

>>8074
That reasoning is not actually very good in the middle of a battle, and I'm pretty sure this option will cause us to take heavy losses to litte effect, as the Dusklight will still escape. So please don't vote for it.

[X] "Flanking formation, two groups. Move out and keep the rebel flanks penned in. Pick targets and fire at will. Don't let them run."
[X] "Patuxent, send a request to the Empress to have her corvettes support us."
>> No. 8208
Hmmm, let's see.

Outnumbered 18 - 22. Though it's more like 17 - 22 because the Dawn is mostly useless. On the other hand, one of our ships is the Immortal Empress--a carrier with eight bomber flights--while they have only frigates and corvettes.

>>8201
You want to flank 22 ships (including 16 corvettes) with Reisen's six corvettes? I can't agree with that. Since there's no element of surprise nor speed advantage, they can simply turn their full force--or most of the corvettes--and drive at the flanking fleet. Reisen would have to pull back and cease the flank attempt or be crushed.
>> No. 8211
>>8208
>You want to flank 22 ships (including 16 corvettes) with Reisen's six corvettes? I can't agree with that. Since there's no element of surprise nor speed advantage, they can simply turn their full force--or most of the corvettes--and drive at the flanking fleet. Reisen would have to pull back and cease the flank attempt or be crushed.

Well the Empress has an additional 5 corvettes we could request, putting it at 11 (the Dawn's 3 corvettes are traitorous), but you would only use this as a feint. Make it look as if we've overextended our pincer and while their corvettes chase away our "retreating" corvettes, the Eternity and the bombers descend upon their middle.

The Eternity fires at and rushes the center corvette picket (forcing them to break formation or risk collision with the much larger ship), and the unsupported center frigates will then be torn apart by the bombers following the Eternity. Unsupported by frigates, the flank corvettes pursuing our own will have no hope against the Eternity.
>> No. 8213
>>8211
Interesting, interesting. Quite a gambit to remove the Empress' escort, though it could receive cover from the Eternity and its frigates (2) and corvettes (3). The problem is that if we spread ourselves that thinly, they would instead counter the flankers with only equal force and then hammer the center.

Hmmm. Eirin's two frigates and three corvettes--plus the Empress' crapload of bombers and Eirin's bloody huge Eternity itself--would have to hold off the rebels' five frigates and six corvettes. Although the Eternity can probably measure up against the rebel frigates--if they're slow enough--the Eternity's corvettes will be outnumbered 2:1. It could be a slaughter by either side, depending on how effective the Empress' bombers are at keeping busy the extra corvettes or wiping out the frigates.

Definitely interesting.
>> No. 8217
>>8211
>Well the Empress has an additional 5 corvettes we could request, putting it at 11 (the Dawn's 3 corvettes are traitorous), but you would only use this as a feint. Make it look as if we've overextended our pincer and while their corvettes chase away our "retreating" corvettes, the Eternity and the bombers descend upon their middle.

That was the idea, in fact. The corvettes have the advantage of maneuverability, allowing us to perform a flanking maneuver without overcomitting ourselves, as well as to avoid casualties unless the enemy force does make an effort to focus fire--in which case, they'll have to turn, and their formation will be weakened from the perspective of our center forces, including the Empress and Eternity.

The primary goal here is to break their formation, as all else (including destruction and prevention of escape) may stem from that. Breaking their formation is also a prerequisite of going after the Dusklight, though it's unlikely they'll fall quickly enough to let us get there with our main firepower.
>> No. 8221
>>8213
>Hmmm. Eirin's two frigates and three corvettes--plus the Empress' crapload of bombers and Eirin's bloody huge Eternity itself--would have to hold off the rebels' five frigates and six corvettes. Although the Eternity can probably measure up against the rebel frigates--if they're slow enough--the Eternity's corvettes will be outnumbered 2:1. It could be a slaughter by either side, depending on how effective the Empress' bombers are at keeping busy the extra corvettes or wiping out the frigates.

Going by the Night's specs, the corvettes' stronger weapons (the mass drivers) are forward mounted, while their beam turrets' firing arcs are largely vertical.

Maybe rather than actually attacking their flanks, the corvettes should try to circle around as if chasing the Dusklight. Moving along a horizontal axis and in single file, they'll present minimal silhouette against the enemy corvettes' guns. Moreover, keeping our corvettes moving makes sure the frigates cannot follow.

After their frigate force is broken, our corvettes can just circle back to the Eternity's zone of fire.
>> No. 8224
>>8100

Vote deleted until we can come to some kind of consensus on this.
>> No. 8231
QWL, can you draw up a quick & dirty MS paint diagram of the battlefield? Then we can just shoop some arrows in to show what we want to do.

Anonymous would do it himself, but he doesn't know how the forces are positioned.
>> No. 8234
File 121733592232.png - (30.43KB , 600x800 , DeepSpace_turn0.png ) [iqdb]
8234
Mmk. The situation's roughly like this:

Frigates are on point in the Pact fleet.
>> No. 8236
File 121734089473.png - (39.79KB , 600x800 , Feint1.png ) [iqdb]
8236
>>8234

Okay, how about something like this:

1) Corvettes from Empress and Night fleets angle around from either side, single-file, on course to intercept the Dusklight, ignoring enemy fire.
2) Once the enemy corvettes turn to pursue them, the Eternity surges into their center firing on remaining corvettes, and forcing the frigates to break formation or risk collision.
3) Bombers from the Empress use the Eternity for cover until center corvettes are disabled, then fan out from behind the Eternity to descend upon the frigates.
4) [not pictured] Once the frigates are destroyed, corvettes loop back to the safety of the Eternity. Enemy corvettes flee or pursue and are destroyed by the Eternity and the Empress' bombers.

Obviously, Reisen needs to contact Eirin to use the Empress' corvettes, the bombers, and the Eternity. Her own corvettes can start step one while you talk to her. This doesn't require actual operational control of the fleet; this plan is fairly simple Eirin should be able to handle the Eternity and the Empress on her own.
>> No. 8246
>>8236
Only problem I can see with this is this is if the bombers have trouble taking down the corvettes, which depends on relative maneuvering power. In that regard, the corvettes are the best among the capital ships.
>> No. 8247
>>8246

I don't really follow this, but those images are bringing out the flight sim fan in me.

You might want to note that space is actually a three dimension space, and large mass can move quickly, but it can be difficult to change it's inertia once in motion.
>> No. 8248
>>8236
Hmmm. If the Eternity's armor/shielding isn't good enough, the rebel corvettes and frigates will absolutely rape it when it charges the center.

>>8211
>the Dawn's 3 corvettes are traitorous
Shit. I somehow forgot the fact that the Eternity/Dawn's fleet may side with the rebels. That means if the flankers are countered by the rebels with equal force, the Eternity may be facing 8-9 rebel corvettes and 6-7 rebel frigates with only a pair of carriers and a bunch of bombers for support.

These odds are shit.
>> No. 8252
><Cruentus> Any chance the corvettes can zoom around the flanks before the Dusklight's gone?
><Captain_Reisen> It's possible if you have them shunt power to engines, but then they'll have less power to attack it with
><Cruentus> Tell me how bombers fare against corvettes.
><Captain_Reisen> they rape them, so long as point defense is down
><Captain_Reisen> otherwise, the converse is likely to be true
><Cruentus> What about bombers and frigates?
><Captain_Reisen> They can cause quite a bit of damage to frigs
><Captain_Reisen> The mass drivers on the Night would be its long range; they're extremely slow to fire, but they go right past shields, since they have a lot of mass
Also the rebels don't yet have a solid formation, and corvettes are too small to try warp interdict tactics.

With this in mind, a straight rush down the center is actually sounding pretty good. Have the corvettes remove enemy point defense turrets, bombers destroy the weakened vessels, and focus all available long and mid-range firepower on the Dusklight.
>> No. 8253
File 12173685531.jpg - (46.12KB , 600x800 , counter.jpg ) [iqdb]
8253
>1) Corvettes from Empress and Night fleets angle around from either side, single-file, on course to intercept the Dusklight, ignoring enemy fire.
>2) Once the enemy corvettes turn to pursue them, the Eternity surges into their center firing on remaining corvettes, and forcing the frigates to break formation or risk collision.

What? Why would you assume the rebel corvettes would let the allied corvettes get that far unimpeded? Rather than their tactic being "turn to pursue the allied corvettes" it would be "move to intercept the allied corvettes". And that being the case, ignoring enemy fire would get the allied corvettes absolutely trashed by the interceptors.

Admittedly, the Eternity might reach the Dusklight this way, as the remaining frigates and corvettes break up around it. But that's not so much the Eternity "breaking the rebels' formation" as "getting surrounded by the rebels". Even if the Dawn and Empress cover the Eternity's lower side, this still largely amounts to just attacking everyone in the way of the Dusklight. And that's what everyone voted for anyway, minus the part where the Eternity charges into into the middle of a ring of rebel ships.
>> No. 8271
>>8253

Corvettes have a poor horizontal firing arc with their beam turrets and their forward mass drivers fire too slowly to be of real use against small, fast targets. They're forward oriented, but behind their frigate line, so they can't just rush straight at the approaching flankers. What's more, if our corvettes shunt weapon power to engines, they'll have to do the same to catch them. Meaning, unless corvettes slug away at each other at standoff without moving, they cannot do much damage to each other.

If our corvettes really do catch the Dusklight, a focused salvo with their mass drivers (which go through her improved shielding) should be able to damage her engines sufficiently such that she cannot warp away, but again that's not the point. The point is to move their corvettes away from the frigates. The Eternity's charge is to destroy the remaining center corvettes before the bombers sweep in; she has 360 degree horizontal firing arc, so her heavy guns should be able to take out these corvettes without giving them time to reorient inwards and fire their mass drivers.
>> No. 8275
>>8253
No, it's pretty likely that the rebels aren't going to do anything that requires good tactical awareness. Their priority is covering their leader's escape, and he won't be quick to react and give counter-orders in this situation.

It should also be noted that the Eternity is almost certainly a ship that does not require our protection (in addition to not being under our command). It's bigger and better than anything they can throw at it.

>>8271
I hope you're not thinking that the mass drivers don't require energy to fire. If energy's diverted away from the weapons, that applies to anything that doesn't pack its own propellant.
>> No. 8278
>>8271
>Corvettes have a poor horizontal firing arc with their beam turrets and their forward mass drivers fire too slowly to be of real use against small, fast targets. They're forward oriented, but behind their frigate line, so they can't just rush straight at the approaching flankers.
Intercepting doesn't require rushing straight at them--only moving into the flankers' path to set up a firing position as the flankers try to go around. It's the allied corvettes who should be worried about the mass driver limitations, since they'll essentially be heading straight at a blockade set up by the intercepting corvettes. And if the flankers try NOT to head straight through the blockade, the evasive maneuvers required may stall them sufficiently for the Dusklight to get away--just as planned.

>What's more, if our corvettes shunt weapon power to engines, they'll have to do the same to catch them. Meaning, unless corvettes slug away at each other at standoff without moving, they cannot do much damage to each other.
"Catch them"? The flankers are already charging in the general direction of the rebels, so it should be easy to move in front and cross their T without shunting weapons' power to engines. If the flankers try and go far enough around to avoid this, they probably won't reach the Dusklight in time anyway.

>>8275
True enough about the leader possibly not being in position to give orders. Though if they're soldiers, I'd think that corvettes flying out to intercept flanking corvettes would be second nature.
Dunno about the Eternity since there were no armor/shielding specs. I only hope it has deus ex machina levels of tech hax that make the corvettes and frigates akin to flies. I was operating under the assumption that--barring some backwardness of lunar tech--weapons' power would easily overwhelm armor/shielding given any meaningful bombardment. Maybe I underestimated the Eternity's hax.
>> No. 8282
>>8278
>"Catch them"? The flankers are already charging in the general direction of the rebels, so it should be easy to move in front and cross their T without shunting weapons' power to engines. If the flankers try and go far enough around to avoid this, they probably won't reach the Dusklight in time anyway.

They haven't started to move yet. Also, <Captain_Reisen> in >>8252 is QWL (as is <Stradetch> earlier). Perhaps he was referring to a 'safe' flanking maneuver, but are we comfortable with sacrificing these ships at a mere chance of blocking the leader's escape? It could be worth it, it might not be, it's risky, and I don't lack empathy for the crews. (Being, as they are, comprised of ℳℴℯ rabbit marines.)
>> No. 8288
File 121742155299.jpg - (61.06KB , 800x600 , SHIP_FUCK_SHIP_FUCK.jpg ) [iqdb]
8288
"Alright, let's get to work!", you call out. "Bridge, transmit orders to our subgroup: target all ships blocking our line of fire with the Dusklight and fire. We will charge at their wall and attempt to break their formation." Typing into the console, you switch views over to tactical view, some of the Pact ships tinting purple to mark your targets. "Heiseimi, tag the Dusklight, and prepare to fire mass drivers on my mark; shunt power from engines if you have to. Brahe, link our ships into our full sensor range, and inform me when the Dusklight is ready to warp."

Two 'aff's rise from the pit, and the lights start raining down towards you. The shower of danmaku warps and bails against the fleet's shields, uselessly deflected into space; your reply is immediate. Instantly, your beam cannons come online, a half dozen silver-blue bolts raking the diamonds, while the fleet begins to push forward. Joined by the chorus of your group, the rays multiply sixfold, punching through the wall of shields and impaling two unlucky dregs. More and more of the rays come down from your left as the fleet charges towards the helpless wall, and before long danmaku of your own thunders down upon them like a storm. Suddenly outgunned, the hapless defenders fall into the gap, laying down what little fire they can spare as the fleet picks off more by the second. The explosions and cannonfire soon light up the void like a deadly fireworks show, most bouncing off shields, while others slam against hulls, burning into the armor, or for the particularly unfortunate, piercing it, instantly killing in a bath of flames.

Two, then three, then four of the purple ships vanish from the sphere; four more ships take on their color, and then the beams reach for them...

Perhaps they were not so unlucky, those first ones.

You slink back into the seat, watching their ships waver, panicked by their fragility... it's kind of pitiful to see them feeding themselves to the slaughter.

"How are we, Brahe?", you ask placidly.

"We're doing fairly well, Captain.", she answers coolly. "Average fleet shields are around 88% strength, with the exception of one of the Eternity's frigates, which lost forward shields and took a direct hit to the stern sensor array. Enemy casualties at 4 vessels... now 5, all in the core section of the wall; strangely, they're trying to fill in the gap. Pact fleet is down to 75% strength, and the Dusklight has completed her turn; she is now charging up energy for an emergency warp. The other fleets are advancing ahead, firing on the center column as well. Only two vessels block LOF with the Dusklight now."

"Good. Heiseimi, do we have the Dusklight tagged?", you ask.

"Yessir.", she answers immediately. "The group's ready to fire mass drivers on your command."

[ ] "Then go ahead and fire all rounds."
[ ] "Good. Heiseimi, fire when our group's got a clear view."

Optional Commands:
[ ] Open channel with:
[ ] Change firing priority:
[ ] Change course:

~

I'm back, I think. Your group remains at 100% strength, too.
>> No. 8293
[x] "Then go ahead and fire all rounds."
[x] Change firing priority: "All ships, target the Pact fleet's point defense guns. We'll make things easier for the Empress' bomber flights."
[x] Open channel with: Immortal Empress
>> No. 8294
[X] "Then go ahead and fire all rounds."
[X] Change firing priority: "All ships, target the Pact fleet's point defense guns. We'll make things easier for the Empress' bomber flights."
[X] Open channel with: Immortal Empress
>> No. 8295
[x] "Then go ahead and fire all rounds."

>[x] Change firing priority: "All ships, target the Pact fleet's point defense guns. We'll make things easier for the Empress' bomber flights."

Won't help. The defenses are protected by the shields, only the mass drivers will punch through shields, and we're using those for the Dusklight. Once the shields are down, the ships can just be destroyed anyway, if we have time to be targeting specific parts.
>> No. 8296
[x] "Then go ahead and fire all rounds."

Hummmm.
>> No. 8306
>>8295

Point taken. Vote deleted.

[x] "Then go ahead and fire all rounds."
[x] Change firing priority: "All ships, target the enemy corvettes. We'll make things easier for the Empress' bomber flights."
[x] Open channel with: Immortal Empress
>> No. 8308
[x] "Then go ahead and fire all rounds."
[x] Change firing priority: "All ships, target the enemy corvettes. We'll make things easier for the Empress' bomber flights."
[x] Open channel with: Immortal Empress
>> No. 8317
File 121748072620.jpg - (7.22KB , 180x135 , poor_corv.jpg ) [iqdb]
8317
"Then open fire immediately.", you nod. "We won't let them get away unscathed! All ships should target the Pact ships in front of the Empress; we'll give her bombers covering fire. Patuxent, open audio with the Empress."

"Yes, ma'am.", she chirps, linking in a quick audio channel; it crackles slightly with static, fading in and out slowly.

"INS Immortal Empress, do you read?"

The static cleans out slightly, before clipping away entirely. A Lunarian woman, by the sound of it, captains the vessel.

"We hear you loud and clear, Night;", the Empress' captain answers, "just a bit of damage to the sensors."

"Good,", you answer, "I've got to make this quick. We're going to give your bombers covering fire, after we make our run on the Dusklight; attack at your leisure. Do you copy, Empress?"

"We acknowledge, Night. Thanks for the assist; Empress out."

The carnage flares up again, beamfire coming from every which way; another five corvettes up ahead go up in bursts of flame.

"Status report!", you call out.

"Still no friendly casualties;", Brahe shouts, "Pact fleet is down to-"

A shudder overtakes the ship, cutting Brahe off. Another rumble reverberates through the ship, the mass drivers firing. The Night quakes from the force of sending two ton rounds hurtling through space, a few making it past the wall to smash into the Dusklight's form, others skipping over the corvettes like pebbles over water, shattering several of the weaker ships. Soon, the Dusklight's engines smoke, trailing ghostly hints of frozen air where the rounds made their mark. But it's not enough: somehow, the Dusklight remains standing. Flaring the engines several times, the command ship fades into a bright red, before careening off into space, some of the corvettes beginning to fall back and charge for warp themselves. Despite the futility in trying to fight back, the remaining five try to cover each other, spreading their fire to try and distract the fleet... the Empress' bombers take advantage of the situation, tearing through their own distracted flank and claiming two corvettes of their own.

"Pact fleet is now down to 15% strength and falling.", Brahe finishes, slightly shakily. "The survivors are attempting emergency..."

Curving back towards the stragglers, the bombers bring down another hailstorm of bullets, sending the last of the rebels to oblivion.

"...never mind.", she mutters, retyping something on her console. "All remaining Pact ships are down, Captain; the Dusklight has escaped with major damage to her sublight engines and comms array. There have been no losses, although one of our corvettes has suffered minor hull damage; repairs are underway. The Eternity is hailing us again, Captain."

"Put it onscreen, then.", you gesture, taking a relieved breath.

"Right away, sir."

~

Ok, I really didn't like how this one turned out. Guess I'll have to take it easy. Tomorrow, I won't be able to really post; I'm going to go see family up north for the first time in a billion years, so that'll be ample time to fall asleep in a car.

CYOA-wise, I'm going to do first to five until further notice, part because I think I've got some more readers, and part because I'm not sure Occam's razor's working out in battles.

Life is a rollercoaster; my head broken. Goodnight, everybody.
>> No. 8318
>CYOA-wise, I'm going to do first to five until further notice, part because I think I've got some more readers, and part because I'm not sure Occam's razor's working out in battles.

Eh, I'm more interested in character interaction than fights. That's where the good write-ins come in anyway.
>> No. 8370
We are waiting for you. Please come back.
>> No. 8421
File 121768440532.jpg - (36.97KB , 1000x1000 , Taiidan_douchebags.jpg ) [iqdb]
8421
Instead of viewing over her shoulder as usual, the display switches to show the Adjutant head on. Surrounded by various officers, she dismisses them with a wave; with a salute, they depart for their quarters.

From this angle, you can see why she decided to wear the cloak: the fine silken cloth seems to absorb light, while the constellations now shine almost like the stars themselves... combined, the effect is oddly fearsome and beautiful at the same time. With the cloak, the Adjutant looks more like an empress than the Princess herself.

As though aware of your thoughts, she smiles cheekily, and the fear dissipates.

"Commander. "

"Adjutant.", you salute; she waves it off as usual. "They have escaped, my lady."

She smiles serenely, making a slight shrug.

"Then we will destroy them later... The word of their coming destruction should be a fair warning in and of itself."

"We are not pursuing them, my lady?"

She shakes her head. "We will let them live. With our current ships, we couldn't catch the Dusklight in time anyway... For now, we will return to Luna. I have some traitors to interrogate, and you've a princess to meet... Or would you rather watch, Commander?"

[ ] "I'll have to decline, Adjutant. Like you said, I've got a princess to meet."
[ ] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"

~

With the exception of the gyros, New York still sucks the cock. I'm back, and hopefully I won't have to go back through that methane filled hellhole they call Elizabeth for a while.
>> No. 8424
[Q] "I'll have to decline, Adjutant. Like you said, I've got a princess to meet."
>> No. 8425
[ ] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"

Want to meet Kaguya, but do want to torture the traitors.
>> No. 8432
[X] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"
>> No. 8436
{X} "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"
>> No. 8437
[X] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"

Somehow unable to pass this up. Just hoping it won't cut into our Kaguya time if Eirin says yes.
>> No. 8442
Still waiting for something to reach 5 votes, etc.
>> No. 8443
[ ] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"
>> No. 8449
[x] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"

Oho, why not mess with Reisen's head?
>> No. 8455
[x] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"

A little of the old good cop, bad cop?
>> No. 8470
[X] "I'll have to decline, Adjutant. Like you said, I've got a princess to meet."

Pissing into the tide~
>> No. 8482
>She shakes her head. "We will let them live. With our current ships, we couldn't catch the Dusklight in time anyway... For now, we will return to Luna. I have some traitors to interrogate, and you've a princess to meet... Or would you rather watch, Commander?"

[x] "...Perhaps, Adjutant. Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend?"

Eirin is a busy woman--Kaguya, not so much. Likely, we can report to her at our leisure.

By asking Eirin to explain herself first, we and the bridge crew catch a glimpse at how much of a monster she really is, and then go on to win a moral victory when we turn her down afterwards.

Or if we do decide to come along with her, we can always explain to the crew that someone has to watch her to make sure she doesn't go too far, rather than just turning a blind eye. Win-win, really.

We should talk to Brahe after this communication, as she obviously had some kind of issue earlier. On that note, we've neglected to have any kind of personal interaction with our crew--maybe we should hold an inner-circle meeting (read: drinking party) with our three favorite bridge bunnies & former squadmates.
>> No. 8494
File 121775315047.jpg - (18.33KB , 475x356 , 1168865.jpg ) [iqdb]
8494
>>8482
QWL mentioned our Kaguya meeting would be shorter if we went with Eirin, and that we'd gain Eirin points.

...y'know, I thought he would've posted by now...

Changing my vote to
[X] "I'll have to decline, Adjutant. Like you said, I've got a princess to meet."

Pic unrelated.
>> No. 8503
>>8494
YOU GONNA GET TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION
>> No. 8511
"I wouldn't exactly be impartial to the thought.", you reply bashfully. "Exactly what kind of interrogation do you intend to give them, Adjutant?"

"The kind that all traitors deserve." the Adjutant responds, inspecting the bridge below. "Slow and possibly painful... nothing too bad, though. Yoakeya's still a kid, after all, and he could still be reintegrated. If he won't..."

Trailing off, she sighs distantly.

"Well, if he won't, I'll just have to show him the wrong of his ways. Of course, I hope it won't come to that: it'd be a real waste of talent." Eirin's gaze narrows at something on a screen. "Potential talent, at least. His friends must be dealt with similarly; I think, however, that they don't deserve quite the same amount of suspicion. They opened fire on the rebels, at least, so they likely have a more neutral stance."

[ ] "And what about the Sensors Officer?"
[ ] Let her go on.

~
Changing style slightly, because the first draft felt odd. That, and I fixed my laptop's overmelting problem.
>> No. 8512
[x] "And what about the Sensors Officer?"

Must learn about the 28th Marines. Shame 'Ryoku seemed a bit uptight during the bridge incident. Hopefully due to the stress of the moment, as otherwise it'd be a bit of a bother to chat with her.
>> No. 8514
Since we're on the subject.

[X] "And what about the Sensors Officer?"
>> No. 8526
[X] "And what about the Sensors Officer?"
>> No. 8537
[X] "And what about the Sensors Officer?"
[X] "Do you mind if I took part of the interrogation?"

I still want to torture them. Traitors do deserve the worst of fates.
>> No. 8545
[x] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[x] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[x] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[x] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[x] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[x] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[x] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."

Do want to talk to 'Ryoku, but it's better that we don't let on exactly why; Eirin seems to like us how we are right now and might consider recovery of these memories (i.e., of the 28th) dangerous.

She's positively glowing with pride right now, so let's keep this light and playful, take the initiative, and make use of our substantial charm bonus.
>> No. 8550
>>8545

This, apparently, is what happens when I'm not watching. I applaud you, Writeinfag X, for providing another famed Wall of Writein.

Votes extended for a bit, until... 07:00 board time or so.
>> No. 8552
[x] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[x] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[x] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[x] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[x] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[x] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[x] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."
>> No. 8563
>>8550
>Votes extended for a bit, until... 07:00 board time or so.

Alright, sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows!

[x] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[x] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[x] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[x] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[x] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[x] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[x] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."
>> No. 8565
[x] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[x] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[x] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[x] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[x] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[x] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[x] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."
>> No. 8566
[x] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[x] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[x] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[x] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[x] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[x] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[x] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."

Superior write-in is superior.
>> No. 8572
[x] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[x] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[x] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[x] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[x] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[x] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[x] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."
>> No. 8575
[X] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[X] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[X] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[X] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[X] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[X] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[X] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."

Wow. Previous vote deleted. Also, wow.
>> No. 8580
[X] "The intelligence I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the enlisted & lower officers were a mix of fence-sitters and opportunists, lured by wealth or simply more loyal to their commander than to Luna herself. Few true ideologues, I imagine. And of course some closet loyalists."
[X] "Speaking of which, what about that Sensors Officer, 1st Lieutenant TU-09 Tsuryoku? I think our brave actress deserves a little R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first."
[X] Laugh at your double entendre. "If you know what I mean."
[X] Grin. "As My Lady addressed me as 'Commander' in front of my crew, I assume this means the promotion is now official? And am I correct in assuming that means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"
[X] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
[X] "Now, I have more questions, the enemy commander in particular, but I think you'll agree it wouldn't do for a knight to keep her Princess waiting."
[X] Salute. "Godspeed, Adjutant; I'll see you on Luna. Reisen out."

Haha, this is awesome.
>> No. 8596
>Alright, sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows!

...Thanks for that image.

Writan continues.
>> No. 8598
>[X] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."
>I'll pass on observing the torture.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 8600
This is for you >>8598

[X] "Seeing as my Lady is acting with due restraint as demanded by her position--not that there was ever any doubt--I'll pass on observing the torture. This time."

With a half-smirk on her lips the Adjutant crosses her arms in front of her chest and tilts her head, adopting her most knowing and self-assured posture. And it is positively infuriating, her looking at you as if she was your mother catching you with one hand in the cookie jar. You clench your jaw and ball your fists in expectation of the usual spiel, as she takes on her scholarly tone.
"Are you sure? Come now, Reisen. It's nothing to be embarassed about, you know. Being interested in this sort of thing all part of the natural drive." She closes her eyes and raises an index finger for the last part; if you weren't so flustered, you'd find it comical.
"Really, I'm..." You bite your lip. "Just fine. Thank you, my Lady." You try to maintain a steeled expression but your face is heating up, and you see out of the corner of your eye some of your bridge officers are starting to stare at you.
"I do worry about your health, Reisen; psychic stress is an enemy that often goes unseen."
"I really am fine, Adjutant. If you'll excuse me, I believe I must make preparations to see the Princess." Your teeth are grinding almost audibly.
"True. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry. I'll lend you the disc after your meeting."
"Disc, my Lady?"
"Of course. Lord Yoakeya squealing like a piggy? You think I wouldn't save that for posterity?" A wicked grin. "I'll have Saku bring it to you on the ground. Don't forget to clean it off when you're done."
Your face is as a beet red, your throat is raspy, and the urge to facepalm is overwhelming. It's time to give up. "Thank you, my Lady. Your sentiments are... appreciated, my Lady."
She gives you a once-over. "And check-in with your medical officer; you're looking flushed, and you're sweating. It wouldn't do if you caught a fever."
"O-of course, my Lady."
Eirin looks decidedly unconvinced and sighs. "Well, good work today Reisen. I'll see you on Luna. Yagokoro out."
Your shoulders slump automatically and you simply ignore the eyes of your crew as you quickly leave the bridge for your quarters. 'Goddammit, Eirin' you think to yourself as you lock the cabin door behind you; you have to meet with the princess in a few hours and already you need a drink and a change of underwear.
>> No. 8604
>>8600
>you have to meet with the princess in a few hours and already you need a drink and a change of underwear.
Nicely done. And a minor GET, to boot.
>> No. 8611
>>8600

Well, I guess I can stay with that. Too bad it won't be like this.
>> No. 8621
>>8611

Reisen hasn't displayed sadistic tendencies before; though some might emerge from old memories.

The presumptive debriefing with 'Ryoku could open the floodgates.
>> No. 8639
>>8596

update
>> No. 8669
I like sadistic Reisen.
>> No. 8682
>>8669

Me too. Now I'm aiming for a Sadistic Reisen End
>> No. 8717
>>8669
>>8682

You'll have your chance if and when Reisen recovers the memories of Eirin's "conditioning".
>> No. 8719
>>8717

Why speaking so sure? I don't think QWL has thought about a sadistic reisen, but if there is even a slight possibility, I'm all for it.

Oh and QWL...GET BACK TO WORK NIGGER
>> No. 8723
"The logs I recovered indicated as much; it seemed most of the Dawn's officers were just in it for wealth or because of previous loyalties to Yoakeya. Probably few true rebels in the bunch, especially when you count the closet loyalists..." Leaning on your hand, you continue with a grin. "Speaking of which, what about the Lieutenant, TU-09? I think she deserves her share of R&R, although I'd like to debrief her personally first... if you know what I mean, milady."

"Oh, whatever do you mean?", Eirin asks coyly, before looking back up. "Tsuryoku's taken it well," she continues, "although she didn't particularly care about a vacation. The girl said watching Yoakeya fry would be a reward enough."

"Mm. So she's watching it live, then?"

"I couldn't convince her otherwise.", she shrugs.

"I see...", you muse. "A true zealot, that one." A pause. "Milady, I believe you've addressed me as 'Commander' before my crew; may I presume the title official? And am I correct in assuming this means a higher pay grade, a 'raise' in other words?"

"You may, Reisen.", Eirin hums. "And I'd say there's quite an increase in pay... but it should be discussed when we get back. After all, even a captain is bound by modesty before her crew."

"Ah; of course, milady!", you correct yourself, feigning guilt. "Forgive my forwardness."

"Forgiven, Commander." She motions for an officer, handing a note to him before he walks off. "Please, do go on. Have you made your decision yet?"

"I have, Adjutant. Seeing as how milady's restraint is clear - not that there was ever doubt - I believe I'll pass on the interrogations for now. As you've said, I've a princess to meet - and a knight shouldn't keep her princess waiting."

You salute again, firmly. "I shall see you after Her Grace's counsel, milady; until then, Luna guide you, Adjutant."

Eirin nods. "And it guide you, Commander Reisen. Yagokoro out."

With that, the window closes, leaving only the backdrop of space to fill the screen. Switching the console to the starmap, you begin issuing your orders.

"Alright, we're done here, Bridge. Form up with the fleet, and prepare for the jump. Heiseimi, return to standby and lower weapons charge."

As always, the crew complies quietly, returning to work.

"Captain," Heiseimi asks offhandedly, "I didn't realize you and the Adjutant knew each other so well."

[ ] "We've had our moments. Not many, but we've had some."
[ ] "We don't, really."
[ ] "It's not a problem, I hope?"

~
The summer breeze almost killed me~

>>8717

Oh my, aiming for something along a EIRIN EVIL END, hm? How will I ever do the sequel, then?

Well, that's some time away, so I can worry about it later.
>> No. 8725
>>8723

[x] "We don't, really."
[x] "Or at least that's the official line. If I were talking in a totally unofficial, off the record, Patuxent-better-delete-the-record-of-this-conversation manner... Well, Heiseimi, I'd have to kill you. Wait, no. No, that's not right. Actually, I would be killed, and you would become the new Head Slave of the Lunarian Empire."
[x] "Up for a drink?"


>>8719
>Why speaking so sure? I don't think QWL has thought about a sadistic reisen, but if there is even a slight possibility, I'm all for it.

Well, Eirin wouldn't have offered Reisen the chance to come to the interrogation otherwise.

And apparently, Reisen had gone on a FIESTA even before meeting Eirin.

>(You would run around on little marbles, along their craggy hillsides, cracked dirt screaming for water. Slaughtering man, woman and child alike, spilling their blood on pure white snow, in the service of the eternal Princess of the Moon.)

>{Ceti III. Ten years ago. You were killing ten years ago. You killed everyone ten years ago.}

Personally, I like the NG Reisen better.
>> No. 8728
[X] "We don't, really."
[X] "Or at least that's the official line. If I were talking in a totally unofficial, off the record, Patuxent-better-delete-the-record-of-this-conversation manner... Well, Heiseimi, I'd have to kill you. Wait, no. No, that's not right. Actually, I would be killed, and you would become the new Head Slave of the Lunarian Empire."
[X] "Wanna fuck?"
>> No. 8733
>>8728

ha ha oh wow

[X] "We don't, really."
[X] "Or at least that's the official line. If I were talking in a totally unofficial, off the record, Patuxent-better-delete-the-record-of-this-conversation manner... Well, Heiseimi, I'd have to kill you. Wait, no. No, that's not right. Actually, I would be killed, and you would become the new Head Slave of the Lunarian Empire."
[X] "...Yaranaika?"

screw the rules, i have a charm bonus?

well we are rabbits and we do have a few hours. it'll be just like our days in the corps. maybe.

i'd take it in lieu of that scene with saku you promised
>> No. 8736
File 12180031628.jpg - (17.55KB , 500x300 , LOGIC.jpg ) [iqdb]
8736
[x] "We don't, really."
[x] "Or at least that's the official line. If I were talking in a totally unofficial, off the record, Patuxent-better-delete-the-record-of-this-conversation manner... Well, Heiseimi, I'd have to kill you. Wait, no. No, that's not right. Actually, I would be killed, and you would become the new Head Slave of the Lunarian Empire."

>>8725
Astonish us again with your leaps, Logic-Man.
>> No. 8755
[X] "We don't, really."
[X] "Or at least that's the official line. If I were talking in a totally unofficial, off the record, Patuxent-better-delete-the-record-of-this-conversation manner... Well, Heiseimi, I'd have to kill you. Wait, no. No, that's not right. Actually, I would be killed, and you would become the new Head Slave of the Lunarian Empire."
[X] "...Yaranaika?"
>> No. 8766
I don't know if these write-ins are ruining the story or making it awesome.

At least
[x] Don't ask her to fuck in front of the entire crew
>> No. 8767
>>8766

Honestly, I think this is one of the stories where it should be write-in only in most situations.
>> No. 8768
>>8767

And why is that?
>> No. 8774
File 121805664570.png - (172.41KB , 640x480 , mooncolonized.png ) [iqdb]
8774
>>8766

It's just taking it in a new direction, to me. But for story reasons, and for writing ability reasons, I can't let you guise do it with the officers... at least not this playthrough.

Now that my internet's back up, I'm continuan writan. Have a picture.
>> No. 8776
>>8774
Well who CAN we do it with?
>> No. 8777
>>8776

Eirin.
>> No. 8779
>>8777
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

Ta hell with that. Celibacy sounds good.
>> No. 8781
>>8779

What? Don't like to be dominated during sex or broken into submission? Don't worry, Reisen is female so it's alright
>> No. 8782
>>8774

Doesn't mean we can't hit on them, amirite?
>> No. 8783
>>8774

Is your internet failing again?
>> No. 8784
>>8774

To be fair, Anonymous' original write-in meant a drink as one soldier to another.

Just thought Reisen's war buddies could use a little more face time, to pump for gossip, check on crew morale, personal opinions, etc. and Heiseimi won't be needed at her station for the foreseeable future.
>> No. 8785
>>8783

Badly. But it's temporary, so yeah. Blame the summer breeze more than my internets.
>> No. 8787
>>8784

Reisen: "Haha, yeah today was a good day, wasn't it?
Brahe: "It sure was, almost as good as that assignment last month."
Reisen: "Um, which one was it again?"
Heiseimi: "You know, the one during Brahe's birthday?"
Brahe: "He-hey! Don't bring that up like this!"
Reisen: "Er, I..."
Patuxent: "That was one hell of a party. Poor Brahe here couldn't operate the computers for almost two days. Worst hangover this ship has ever seen!"
Heiseimi: "I think there was still vomit on the carpet a week later."
Brahe: "SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT NEW RECRUIT ,HUH? I THINK HE IS PRETTY NICE!"
Heiseimi: "Oh~? Brahe likes someone? Heheh, remember how much you kissed everything that moved when you were drunk? You kissed even Captain Reisen! I mean, Commander Reisen."
Reisen: "..."
Patuxent: "Commander, you alright? You don't look so good."
>> No. 8788
>>8785

Well, you can leave the update written on Word, and when you internet show a sign of life you can try to post it and pray the gods it will get through.
>> No. 8789
>>8787

I lol'd
>> No. 8796
>>8787
Exactly. We should take a break and have some casual conversation with the crew. Camaraderie is important.

[x] Take it easy
>> No. 8801
updaaaaaaate
>> No. 8840
File 12182019789.jpg - (23.33KB , 609x600 , SolarEclipse1999.jpg ) [iqdb]
8840
"We don't, really.", you mutter. "Or at least that's the official line. If I were talking in a totally unofficial, off the record, Patuxent-better-delete-the-record-of-this-conversation manner... Well, I'd have to kill you, Heiseimi. No, that's not right. Actually, I'd be killed, and you would become the new Head Slave of the Lunarian Empire." Slowly, anger begins to tug at your mind.

"...Captain-"

"Kill for the Great Lady Adjutant, twenty-four-seven.", you hiss sardonically. "Commit all the dread sins she can't be bothered to atone for. And you get paid in false promises... sound fun, 'Seimi?"

Silence.

At this point, only slivers of your conscience hold you back from damning her name. Little examples of her love flash in and out, once again making a stand for Eirin...

It's not working so well. But it's enough to get you to remember where you are, and stop before you fling yourself right off the cliff.

She took you flying a lot. A park, a giant park... the Palace... let you zip around in a Swan...

It's hard to tell if that's really your conscience, or just a program in your interface trying to sway you with these visions...

Something tumbles from your lips. Something about dreams. You don't know what, it's too damn quiet. And too dark, like a fog. Can't see.

"Reisen, stop this!", a voice shouts out. Heiseimi.

It's like you're trying to wake out of a dream almost. Something keeps you from opening your eyes.

But what? What is it?

"Brahe, scan Reisen's vitals! I'll call sick bay..."

The voices are getting distant, smoky. What's keeping you?

"...brain activity.", sensor girl says. Brahe! Brahe, her name is Brahe...

A part of you can't help but laugh at this. Another screams in rage. All the rest is silent...

But it's you.

"What do you mean!?"

It's... it's not the implant...

"...is dramatically increasing; it's like she's diverting her brain power to..."

Then you really believe this? You're a puppet for her, a doll to study...

"Damnit, hurry up down there..."

"Frontal and periphrial lobes are at 4% activity..."

But she does love you in some way. If not as a mother, then at least as a pet. This is a weakness, you conclude.

This can be exploited.

Vulnerable. Drill through the shell, and devour the seed within. Victory. Probabilities are high. No casualties?

"3%... 2%..."

Perhaps, you assure yourself.

Your head is full of voices, all yours, all scheming, plotting... calculating. First two, then five, then a hundred...

It's all lunacy.

{The power of Lunacy.}

"1%... wait a moment..."

This all began to find an answer, you tell yourself. 'What? What is it?'. And now you're trying to find the answers to your other questions.

The self-induced trance, a calculation. By devoting all mental capacity away from empathy and emotion, analysis accelerates dramatically. Wars, lives, even societies, all paths planned and examined within a flash of time. You've done it completely wrong.

The voices outside are too faint now. You're overthinking. At this rate, you'll fall into a coma... The thought is terrifying, yet slightly ineffectual.

The voice pleading for Eirin is almost silent. But not completely gone, just holding on. Sighting your way out of this nightmare, you focus as much as you can on the little bit of illogic, letting it speak, and then letting it shout - the fragile shell of focus shatters under its scream. crumbles, the logic melting under reality's presence...

In its place, a splitting headache. Or something like it.

You realize you're looking down into your seat. With a groan, you look back up at the pit, to see several of the chairs empty, others working at a frantic pace.

"...22%... 28%. The Captain's returning to normal activity." Brahe. "Heiseimi, I think she'll be ok."

"Are you sure?" She's looking at you. "Reisen! Captain! Please say something!"

"Heiseimi, I didn't say she'd be consious, just ok. You're going to have to wait for the medics to..."

Brahe's voice trails off, as you stand up, still wincing with the ghostly remnants of the brainache.

"...Captain?"

Shaking off the last fragments of the trance, you glance at Brahe, as if that'd answer whatever she's asking.

[ ]"Yeah... I'm fine."
[ ]"...Am I what?"
[ ]"...I'm ok."
>> No. 8841
[ ]"...Am I what?"

Damnit, why must we hate Eirin? I like this Eirin, serious Eirin is moe~
>> No. 8843
{X} "Yeah... I'm fine."

f
>> No. 8844
[Q]"...Am I what?"
>> No. 8855
Y NO VOETS?
>> No. 8856
[X]"Yeah... I'm fine."
>> No. 8858
[X]"...am I what?"

Wondering which option will satisfy me the most.
>> No. 8859
[ ]"...Am I what?"

This has more votes atm, bandwagoing so something will win.

Ans QWL, maybe you should also set a timer? Whatever has more votes when you come back wins, even if there are only 2 or 3 votes, so there won't be much delay.
>> No. 8863
hahaha awesome

[x] "I almost thought myself into a coma just now. Brahe, you're in command; let everyone know the Captain is unfit for duty until she passes a psych evaluation."
[x] "I'll be in my quarters. Drinking."
>> No. 8867
Woah, craaaazy! And here I expect a light-hearted and sardonic interpretation. But we received the heavy-duty MINDSCREW version.

[x] Pull yourself together by giving Heiseimi a hug.

More seriously...
[x] "...Am I what?"
>> No. 8868
[ ]"...Am I what?"

SOMETING NEEDS TO WIN
WHY IS NO ONE ELSE VOTING?
>> No. 8873
[x] "I almost thought myself into a coma just now. Brahe, you're in command; let everyone know the Captain is unfit for duty until she passes a psych evaluation."
[x] "I'll be in my quarters. Drinking."

Because it allows you to maintain your dignity as an officer, while sounding fucked up enough to invite one of the bridge bunnies to take care of you.
>> No. 8877
Ok, that seems to be it. I'm going to get writan tomorrow.
>> No. 8896
>"I almost thought myself into a coma just now. Brahe, you're in command; let everyone know the Captain is unfit for duty until she passes a psych evaluation."
This option made me think: "Crap, we're showing weakness! Now Eirin has an excuse to mess with our head again!"
Then I realized that Eirin would first have to learn of our condition. And that our loyal bridge crew surely wouldn't inform her.
Wait--"loyal bridge crew"...?

In the end, I've been left wondering which of Patuxent, Brahe, and Heiseimi will eventually turn out to be a spy Eirin's manipulated for insurance against us going errant again.
>> No. 8897
>>8896
>In the end, I've been left wondering which of Patuxent, Brahe, and Heiseimi will eventually turn out to be a spy Eirin's manipulated for insurance against us going errant again.

She wouldn't have had to used the Belligerence in that case. Saku however likely has personal loyalties to Eirin. I think it's more likely one of them is a spy for the Rebellion than for Eirin.
>> No. 8901
>>8897
>She wouldn't have had to used the Belligerence in that case.
Clearly. But the world isn't static, and after that first incident Eirin may have taken time--or may take time--to pressure someone closer to us into her service. It seems like something she'd try to do, especially since her respect for our abilities seems to be growing and we've demonstrated that we can be a wild card.
>> No. 8902
>>8901

I don't think she'd be able to turn a loyal officer against their captain in the course of three days--especially after they showed personal loyalty by bringing arms against the boarding marines at Serenity.

And they were on lock-down while we were docked, so it's not like they could be brainwashed or have had control implants put in.
>> No. 8916
>>8902
>I don't think she'd be able to turn a loyal officer against their captain in the course of three days
>And they were on lock-down while we were docked
Except in both posts I've been referring to an indefinite future, so those points are largely irrelevant since I haven't been saying that Eirin's already made one of them a spy.
It's true that the crew has shown some measure of loyalty to their captain. But, say, a bit of coercion related to family, and perhaps a few more dubious events related to Reisen's mental health, could be enough to get one of them to turn against Reisen should a dilemma arise.
>> No. 8920
Pnly one way to know, and it needs more updates.
>> No. 8923
>>8916
>But, say, a bit of coercion related to family

Do moon rabbits even have family?
>> No. 8939
[x] "I almost thought myself into a coma just now. Brahe, you're in command; let everyone know the Captain is unfit for duty until she passes a psych evaluation."
[x] "I'll be in my quarters. Drinking."

WHERE IS THE WRITING QWL
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE WRITING

also, late awesome write-in is late and awesome
>> No. 8945
>>8923
>Do moon rabbits even have family?
I--uh...hm. You got me on that one.
>> No. 8948
> "I almost thought myself into a coma just now."

Wat. Why do we keep revealing these things to the crew? Why try to tell so much? What purpose could it serve to reduce their faith in their captain and spark worries over her health--more worry than they already suffer?

[X] "Yeah... I'm fine."
>> No. 8959
>>8948

I think the write-in suggests more competence and situational awareness than saying "I'm fine" when you so obviously aren't.
>> No. 8960
>>8877
>08/08/08(Fri)21:40
>Ok, that seems to be it. I'm going to get writan tomorrow.

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 8967
File 12185044819.png - (12.01KB , 500x400 , Themoonisours.png ) [iqdb]
8967
So, when is the Rebel Alliance going to ally with the good ol' US of A?
>> No. 8971
>>8967

The Lunarian armada confronts VIVIT as Reisen engages Neil Armstrong in the fateful duel atop the burning shell of Apollo Lunar Module REX that will earn her the codename "Udongein".
>> No. 8998
seven minutes
>> No. 9018
>>8998

Not even 7 minutes is that long.
>> No. 9050
I expect walls before the end of the week, QWL. I will be very disappointed in you if I don't see one come Sunday morning.
>> No. 9117
All this wait and no single word from QWL. Some shit better have happened to him or I will rage.
>> No. 9137
:(
>> No. 9157
>>9117

Raging.