[Return]
Archived thread

File 121489590986.jpg - (80.11KB , 900x945 , earthfrommoon.jpg ) [iqdb]
6608 No. 6608
“As a matter of fact, Adjutant... I do have a question, before I carry out your orders...”

It's unexpected. But something tells you it's for the best. You could both use some humor right now.

The Adjutant – Eirin, something reminds you – turns a single eye to you in response, apparently lost between her odd trance and awareness of your joke. Her eye seems to await your question, asking with her sight rather than with her voice. Not really intimidating, just odd how much she can convey by a mere glance. You take an slow, innocent step forward, biting your lip just so...

Yes, she'll like this.

“If I may be so bold to ask...”, you begin, humbly, “...could I possibly have a raise, my Lady?”

She raises an eyebrow, before turning away again, shaking her head as she stifles her laughter. For almost half a minute, you can hear some very faint snickering, breaking into quiet laughter, and you can feel an old, familiar warmness return to her again, like she remembered some old joke. Part of your mind, something amazingly cynical, takes note of this possibly being a keyword of her own, something denoting her weaknesses to you... but that old sensation drowns it out. This is... better. It feels right. Better than having her think back on whatever that was, anyway. It makes you almost smile a little bit too, feeling that sensation from her.

“R-reisen,” she says, sniffing a bit from the laughter, “go on... you'll... you'll need the rest, you know!”

Nodding happily, you allow yourself a smile for her, sharing in the amusement.

“...Of course, my Lady!”, you laugh, bidding her good night as well before leaving the room. You don't hear the door lock on the way out.

The hallway lights have now completely dimmed; you realize the station's probably trying to simulate a day/night cycle for the rabbits on board. Two little wisps of blue turn to you, and you almost gasp in surprise, before you notice the blue marks around the little dots.

“So, how did it go, ma'am?”, Saku asks behind her lit helmet. “It sounds like you got along reasonably well.”

“I... I suppose you could say that, Saku.”, you answer, quickly returning to standard seriousness with a cough. “You'll have to escort me back to the Night, I assume?”

She nods, leading you back to the elevator. She stops midway, motioning to stop for a second; after about five seconds, she continues.

“What was that for?”

“Uh, it was nothing, really. I just got a report from the dock. Lady Yagokoro has another meeting, and she just ordered me to end shift. Had to confirm.”

A bit odd for her to speak so quickly, but you can detect no subterfuge. You shrug, continuing to follow Saku down the hall. She waves her hand across the panel again, the map glowing back to life as the doors open. The glow from the viewscreens seems almost natural now, and when the cab shoots back down to the dock, you feel... relaxed. A bit sleepy.

“Hey, Saku...”

“Subcommander?”

“How long were you keeping watch?”

She pauses, thinking about it, then responds precisely. “About one hour, fifteen minutes, and fifty-five seconds. What's wrong? Do you feel tired, ma'am?”

“...A little.”

Then again, it could have been some influence that the Adjutant had on you while you were up there with her. You check your status. No anomalies. Saku speaks up again.

“It's probably your body adjusting to the light cycle here. A few hours of rest should do it.”

A ding, and the door opens, revealing a wall of marines, still eagerly guarding their post. You marvel at whatever has to be wrong with them to enjoy this.

“Ah, you can stand down, element.”, Saku orders, the gentleness of her voice carrying a subtle undertone of command. “Our shift's over; go ahead and return to the barracks. I've got to bring the Subcommander back to her ship.”

They just as eagerly march down the corridor, opening some thick door leading out; Saku directs you up the curved path again, leading back to the secure hatch of your ship. Holding her palm out to the hatch for a second, the ship makes a confirming chime, the hatch unfolding with a hiss of air.

“This is as far as I'll go, ma'am; I've got to head back to the barracks. Goodnight.”

“Likewise.” you answer, entering the decon chamber, saluting to her before the hatch slides shut. You can see her salute back, before everything goes pitch black.

~

Autosaving...

[MISSION ADDED: "The Upper Hand"]
[TRAIT ADDED: Yagokoro Awareness]
Check [STATUS] for details.
~

The inner door slides open again, the lights completely undimmed in the hall. You rub your eyes, now distinctly aware of a fatigue, but it's not too bad. The crew is moving around through the main hall too, probably changing shift; when you enter, they all halt for a second in disbelief. Slowly, they each salute.

~

Andd now I really have to go to sleep; it's 3 motherfucking AM! Sorry about the wait, but it's been a busy day; tomorrow's probably going to be just as busy, but I think I can post part 2 at around 5PM Eastern (14:00 on the board clocks, IIRC). If not... maybe 11PM Eastern. Hopefully the former. I can't write when I'm tired very well.

Nigga Command, signing off.

>> No. 6610
PERFECT.

THIS WAS A TRIUMPH.


[STATUS]
>> No. 6612
So awesome.

[STATUS]
>> No. 6614
Yay~

{STATUS}
>> No. 6635
It was really that awesome? Well, I'm back. It's a bit of sleepy time for the Captain; choose the dream well, because this time I've got another gift in mind for you nonvoting majority.

On a side note, just finished Dune. Someone should have told me I missed the awesomest awesome to ever awesome.
>> No. 6636
Also, [STATUS]:
'Resonant With Vivid Tones'
Subcommander RN-13B REISEN
COMMANDING: N/A
AUTHORITY: N/A
HEALTH: 110%
ARMOR: 100%
MAGIC: 100%
EFFECTS: Yagokoro Conditioning (-1 to Intelligence and Willpower, +1 to Strength)

TRAITS: Yagokoro Awareness (+5 to Willpower, +25% chance to succeed Charm and Intimidate, +50% resistance to Charm and Intimidate)

Yagokoro Awareness: Experiencing the effects of Eirin's personalized conditioning firsthand, you have determined ways to resist such suggestion in future situations, as well as adapting the technique to further your own ends. +5 to Willpower, +25% to succeed with Charm and Intimidate, +50% to resist Charm and Intimidate.
>> No. 6655
Slowly, the little crowd begins to follow you, murmuring about the various events of the day; the message, which proved what you expected, the ship, which you already knew wasn't going anywhere, and the marines who waltzed in while you were gone, who you were already told came in to deliver that suit. You smile lightly, as though nothing happened, barely whispering an “at ease” as you head for your quarters. One or two of the crew follow, chattering about the message, but you really just want to sleep now. Just really could use some rest...

You enter your quarters, once again dimmed, and the door shuts closed behind you, the bright lights of the hall sealed off. Taking a quick check in your locker, you find the suit Eirin said she sent, a dull blue glow emanating from the helmet, as well as a clean nightgown on the upper rack. A bit tiredly, you change into the light clothing, snuggling into the comfort of your bed. This time, sleep comes easily... as though someone were helping you into it...

Soon, you are engulfed by the familiar oblivion of sleep. You dream of...

[ ] Watching snowflakes.
[ ] Ashes of life.
[ ] Regretful mercy.

~
A bit abstract this time. And no Freudian references... at least, I don't think so.

Once again, gaemplay mechanics. Each dream, probably from now on, will provide a different bonus, ranging from traits to memories, which are good both as hints and as a bypass for some conversations. They won't necessarily compare to Yagokoro Awareness every time, but the possible bonuses are still very helpful.

I hope you pick the one I was plannan out, for the sake of tiem...
>> No. 6656
{X} Watching snowflakes.
Cause snowflakes are like rain but frozen and I like rain and Cirno is the strongest.
>> No. 6657
[X] Watching Snowflakes
>> No. 6658
[X] Watching snowflakes.
>> No. 6659
Now seriously writan. I feel great, and by great, I mean alright, and by alright, I mean unconscious.
>> No. 6665
>>6636

Traits are markers of character development? I like it.
>> No. 6693
...

There may or may not be no excuse for this incompetence.

Writan again... I feel terrible, and by terrible, I feel awake, and by awake, I feel...
>> No. 6696
File 121498823217.jpg - (22.72KB , 400x299 , FirstSnowSky.jpg ) [iqdb]
6696
At first, you think of nothing, except floating in this liquid darkness. But over the course of moments – or is it hours – you feel little dots of cold falling all over you. You come to realize it for what it is: snow.

Except it doesn't snow on the Moon. Then...

Then, you are home. You are dreaming.

You open your eyes again, to find yourself in a past body, still small and childlike, sitting in someone's lap you cannot see. The tiny messengers of winter begin to descend, gradually becoming a fury of feathery soft. And as you lose count of these little messengers, you think back to the fires of that place...

The things that could not be counted.

The things you killed without abandon...

You begin to shift uneasily, shock hidden behind the tiny motion. When the crystals begin to overwhelm, and you can't focus, you try to turn away, crying in some irrational fear. Some nothing now, and yet...

You fear again.

Sobbing into this mothering figure, you can see nothing. But you feel her confusion, and then sympathy, as she strokes your hair, slowly and carefully.

Cry all you want, she says. Until you don't want to cry any more, this mothering one says, holding you so you are surrounded by the warmth of life all around.

For a second, it is respite; it is a dream, but even the real you, the audience in the actor, could forget the fears clouding you, real and imagined. And you can finally stop crying. She asked why you stopped...

...You say, suddenly knowledgeable about things you can't comprehend, that you could cry some more. But... you don't want to. You don't feel that it's right to be sitting here crying, when you've been given the privilege to live, and she is struck by this change.

A metamorphosis, the real you wonders... and then that thought is silenced, as you turn from the body, wet with child's tears, to the universe back outside.

“Can you remember, Reisen?” she asks. “It is the first snow of winter.”

And this, you know, was true. Those concrete words... you could not deny this. It was here that you saw the marker of death to begin, the end of life closing over the harvest land.

Truly, a sign you are yet living.

You are lucky to be alive. And you cry again, this time out of joy that you were allowed to live and see.

You cry out to that mother, that the snow is beautiful. And she smiles, warmed by the happiness returned.

She is happy to be able to share this. Now, you know better, that behind that countenance stood fears, swirling hate towards herself for not having actually been. Not having been many things for too many people. But you know even better now that that beautiful loving happiness was not itself a lie.

That you down there always knew.

Happily, you curl into her embrace, talking of how glad you are to live.

And she holds you so tight, and you feel light bits of wet tears on your back.

“Because I'm happy, too, Reisen.”

Warmth in cold.

As you close your eyes, fading into the warmth, you nod, happily. You thank her... for this, and everything she's ever done.

No matter what, you whisper, almost asleep.

I will always remember this love, hidden so far away.

~

[TRAIT ADDED: Crystallized Faith]
[MEMORIES ADDED]

Autosaving...
>> No. 6697
>>6696

Family-surrogatan gaems.

Getting harder & harder to dislike Eirin.

[STATUS]
>> No. 6698
>>6697

Personally, I don't know what's real and what's not in this dream. Truly, the sign of a madman.

But, to [STATUS].

[STATUS: TRAITS]

TRAITS: Yagokoro Awareness (+5 to Willpower, +25% chance to succeed Charm and Intimidate, +50% resistance to Charm and Intimidate), Crystallized Faith (+10 to Willpower, +5 to Personality, Second Wind Ability)

Crystallized Faith: You don't remember exactly what happened, only one distinctive phrase: "No matter what." + 10 to Willpower, +5 to Personality.

Second Wind: Should Health drop to or below zero, Health will be restored to 100%.

And now I sleep. Postan next part within the next 48 hours...
>> No. 6700
File 121499339899.jpg - (84.54KB , 330x440 , 1205517315978.jpg ) [iqdb]
6700
>>6698

So Second Wind=WE DO NOT DIE WHEN WE ARE KILLED (one shot)?

Noice.
>> No. 6726
The memories are a lie.
>> No. 6754
>>6700

Pretty much. Just remember it only works once a day.

Back to writan. And then back to sleepan. Eh, eventually crazy time will end. How are these dreams? Preferable, not preferable? Too hallucinatish?
>> No. 6776
>>6754
>Back to writan. And then back to sleepan. Eh, eventually crazy time will end. How are these dreams? Preferable, not preferable? Too hallucinatish?

I liked this one, but we'll need to see some more to compare against. Choices should be somewhat suggestive of either the ability or the contents. Some abilities might confer a stat penalty, but there should be an least equal gain.

You can also do graded levels of some traits or effects--e.g., Yagokorou Conditioning II (-2 to Intelligence and Willpower, +2 to Strength)--which allows for the continuation of a previous dream sequence and repeating them from a different point of view or with increased clarity and insight.
>> No. 6780
File 12150615813.jpg - (532.60KB , 1335x828 , 1206820728157.jpg ) [iqdb]
6780
+1 strength, -1 intelligence, +24 willpower, +10 personality, these stats remind me... and somehow I think that in the grim darkness of the far side of the moon, there is only...

Only what? Nevermind, lost it.
>> No. 6795
You open your eyes to a new day. Blinking a little to the change in lights, you automatically get out of bed, looking around for a second. You feel... real refreshed, like you slept without a care in the world... Odd. Taking a quick wash in the shower seems to only take away some of that almost euphoric sensation, but you don't really mind it; you only miss the inevitable passing of the feeling. You hang up the nightgown on a nearby rail, before going to your locker. As you change into your clothes, you begin to recite something from memory:

{ ...Before magic can be sent to your will, you must have faith it will follow you. Before drawing a sword, faith that you do not cut yourself bringing it to bear... }

You almost make the mistake of changing into your uniform, but remember the inspector's suit. Taking it out, it looks to be like a normal combat vest; very smooth on the inside too.

It's like wearing a shell, you think.

{ ...Before you walk, faith that you will not fall over yourself... Without faith, there is no action, no truth; nothing can be done... }

Zipping up the inner vest, the shell outside seals up nicely. You can feel the suit link with your neural implants, a wave of control running throughout, starting with a spasm to open your hands. Then, you bend each finger, thumb, then index, then middle, then ring...

It feels natural. Maybe better than natural.

“Truly, this faith is the first substance of life...”, you finish, this time aloud. And you realize that you never heard anybody say this. Not that you care at the moment, getting used to the strange feeling of waking combined with the light sensation of the suit.

You almost put on the helmet, but decide against it for the moment, getting out of your room to get to the bridge.

You feel... really happy. But you can't quite remember why.

~

Part 2 probably coming very late or very early again. Sorry it's been a very long cutscene, but I'll return to normal interaction in a little bit.

Suit details are accessed normally; among other information, you can access [ENCYCLOPEDIA] and [MISSION] for their respective details, and can search various details in the former, anything from people to locations.

Nigga Command, signing off.
>> No. 6796
>>6795

[MISSION]
>> No. 6797
[ENCYCLOPEDIA]

You know what they say about big words.
>> No. 6806
[MISSION]
01 - "The Upper Hand"

Primary Objective:
*Obtain evidence of Lord Yoakeya's loyalty to the Imperial Guard, or lack thereof.

{The most likely place to search for information is his ship, INS Enlightened at Dawn, docked one level above the Night; a service elevator is nearby. Getting to it, however, may prove difficult. Although the naval officers and minor station crew will bow before you with your suit, the marines and the real Inspector most likely will not. Avoid them if possible.}

[ENCYCLOPEDIA]
{Please enter a search term:}

Also, updatan in about an hour.
>> No. 6807
[ENCYCLOPEDIA]
{Please enter a search term: Luna
>> No. 6819
>>6806

[ENCYCLOPEDIA]
{Please enter a search term: "Adjutant"}
>> No. 6821
[ENCYCLOPEDIA]
{Please enter a search term: Lord Yoakeya}
>> No. 6826
Well, you can't remember anyway, you reason, so there's no point in mulling over it.

The lights almost completely dimmed, the bridge now resembles something like a gargantuan basement. Now acting as the main source of light, the main screen displays the status of the various subsystems of the ship; about half of the systems are already back online, not a bad feat considering the ship was effectively crippled only hours before.

The mood is a bit somber, but the crew's working harder, it seems. Completely silent, the pit officers are almost perfectly coordinated, working in impressive harmony to restore the ship. The clicking noise of the consoles sounds faster, more focused; when you enter, the clattering stops almost instantly. The PA guy salutes you, the bridge standing and following suite.

You can see everything from confusion to relief in their eyes, but each looks up to you with the same pride. It seems the stress is nothing for them. Amazing how they can withstand this, you think.

“At ease.”, you dismiss, walking up to the crest of the deck. “So, what's our status, bridge?”

As usual, Brahe begins the report, a bit hesitant at first.

“We're all green, for what it's worth, Captain. The ship is still in lockdown, but we have managed to decode the message from the Belligerence's Nav officer, and we've received notification that we may be released from lockdown sooner than expected. Only problem is that we're to remain under the Adjutant's watch.”

[ ] Ask about the nav officer.
[ ] Ask about the lockdown release notice.

~

Plannan next scenes, as well as encyclopedia entry; I don't think I'll be updating until Saturday, feel very out of it right now.

Protip: don't eat from gas stations.
>> No. 6827
[x] Ask about the nav officer.
No use asking about the notice. We know why that's happening.
>> No. 6828
{X} Ask about the nav officer.
>> No. 6829
[x] Ask about the nav officer.
Our crew is awesome.
>> No. 6835
Lock-down release notice may be what surprised Saku earlier. The situation is in our control; we'll surprise them with the new orders from the Adjutant in a bit.

[x] Assure the crew that the lock-down is a formality at this point.
[x] Ask about the nav officer.
>> No. 6837
[X] Ask about the nav officer.
>> No. 6849
[X] Assure the crew that the lock-down is a formality at this point.
[X] Ask about the nav officer.
>> No. 6852
[X] Assure the crew that the lock-down is a formality at this point.
[X] Ask about the nav officer.

...oh dammit. My Reisen Astartes picture is on the computer laying in pieces in my room.
>> No. 6860
[X] Assure the crew that the lock-down is a formality at this point.
[X] Ask about the nav officer.
>> No. 6885
“The notice doesn't matter now, from what I've heard from the Adjutant.”, you reply. “What about the officer's message? Did you get anything?”

“Only the bare details, sir. After analysis, we have determined that the officer's primary objective was to capture or kill you before we could make it to Tau Ceti, by any means necessary; he was to kill you only if capture proved impossible. The authorization came straight from the Adjutant.”

Nothing you didn't expect, you think to yourself, although that she'd consider killing you is still a surprise. But soldiers are, of course, replaceable. Brahe pauses to think, before finishing the report.

“Aside from that, there's not much to report. We set out to restore ship systems and plan a escape, but the release notice rendered our efforts meaningless. After that, a group of marines entered the ship to deliver that suit you're wearing to us; they said only that it was under the Adjutant's orders. That is all, Captain.”

“Excellent. Continue standard operations, Bridge; I have business to carry out on the station.”

“Of course, sir; may I ask a question?”

“Go ahead.”

“The Adjutant; what did she tell you, exactly?”

You pause, thinking of a good summary, before answering.

“She said that she's going to have... a little talk with the rebels. It appears she may want us to come along.”

“I see, Captain. Thank you. We will return to standard operation, as per your orders; we... wish you luck, sir.”

Brahe doesn't make much of any gesture as she she says this, but you can hear the change, a rare fleck of worry with those last words. Her concern is as reassuring as it is unsettling.

“Thank you... It won't be needed, I hope.”, you reply, turning to leave the bridge.
“I'll be back soon enough. Until then, carry on.”

Walking down the hall to the airlock, you slip on the suit's helmet. The way it folds back your ears is a little uncomfortable, but otherwise it's so accommodating as to be invisible. With a muted hissing noise, the suit is complete; the screen in the helmet flashes with various symbols and numbers, forming a HUD that mostly fades out of view, and the flat smell of filtered air enters your lungs.

You open the hatch with a wave of your hand, just as Saku did, and the hulking door crawls out of the way. The airlock seals behind you, as usual, but instead of the typical darkness, the suit's nightvision kicks in, bathing the chamber in light for a few minutes, before the exit hatch slides away, blinding you with the station's light.

~

Autosaving...

~
>> No. 6887
File 121529231715.jpg - (19.71KB , 300x296 , fullMoon.jpg ) [iqdb]
6887
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: LUNA]

The Lunar Empire, or simply "Luna", is an absolute monarchy. Formed nearly 40,000 years ago (1), after an extensive war between its two races nearly ended in mutual destruction, it now spans four stars as of the time of this writing. The most significant of these stars, aside from the capital star of Sol, is Beta Aquilae, where around 5 billion moon rabbits live on the second and third planets, providing most of the workforce and recruits for the military.
Total power is given to the Princess, Houraisan Kaguya (family name "Revered With [Our] Unity" in expanded Lunarian), advised by a personal retainer and adviser, the Adjutant(2), who manages many of the day to day affairs; the current Adjutant is Yagokoro Eirin (family name "Watching Eyes [of the Union]").
The military is divided into three branches: the Imperial Fleet, the Marines, and the Defense Corps(3); a fourth sub-branch, the Imperial Guard, act as the Princess' personal guards. All three main branches are managed by a War Adviser, who reports to the Adjutant, while the Imperial Guard is under the Adjutant's direct control. Mostly unchallenged by outside forces, the Lunar Empire is the only interstellar empire in existence. The only real threat to the Empire is internal unrest, which is mostly kept in check by both the influence of the Princess and the strength of the military...

Related:
1: The Unification
2: Adjutant
3: Branches of the Imperial Military

>>6821

<<No page found.>>
>> No. 6888
>>6608

[x][ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Unification]
>> No. 6889
>"...After analysis, we have determined that the officer's primary objective was to capture or kill you before we could make it to Tau Ceti, by any means necessary; he was to kill you only if capture proved impossible. The authorization came straight from the Adjutant."

EIRIIIIIIN!!!
I won't forget her role in the killing of the Belligerence's crew.
>> No. 6890
The corridor stretches off in both directions, dozens of hatches just like your ship's lining the ring. Off duty crew, mostly rabbits and the occasional marine fill the hall, some coming to and from the upper decks, others huddled together, babbling to each other about various topics: this rumor about the Princess, that story from some old war, same old, same old.

You look around for a way out, and a arrow appears in response, leading some way down the corridor. A mental label tells you it leads to a service elevator, the way up to Yoakeya's ship, it tells you. Following the direction, you go down the left side of the giant ring-hall, listening to the rumors a little more closely. Some of the crew talk about a possible war breaking out, a civil war. Another little circle, maybe about how the Adjutant had some captain arrested, and how he never came back. A third cursing their slave-driver commander, some spoiled Lunarian noble. You chuckle a bit to yourself with that one; back in the Marines, you knew that kind of spoiled brat. A Navy captain tsundere for your squad lead.

What was her name? You can't remember. And so you keep walking.

Passing by one circle, you hear the usual ghost story, some ship disappearing in some mysterious circumstance. But when you listen closely, you realize they're talking about the Belligerence. How it 'disappeared' without a trace. How its escort, the Night Unbroken, somehow sat completely unharmed just yards away. Clearly the Night had something to do with it.

You leave when they begin to curse 'those traitorous worms in the Guard'.

The few on duty marines don't pay you much attention, busy with watching over the crews. One or two greet you with a friendly “morning” as they pass by, before returning to their tedious work.

The blue-gray marines guarding the elevator part with your presence, and they fall back in place as you enter, the heavy gate sliding down. Unlike the observation deck's elevator, this one crawls to the deck just above you, grunting its way reluctantly to your destination.

Just one deck up, everything is completely changed. Far more open, this deck is lined with all sorts of screens, showing multiple shows, news, the occasional status display. No longer a hall, a long railing replaces the inner wall, overlooking a large, verdant terrace, almost gardenlike; down there are all sorts of lounges and open huts where officers lounge and joke. Patrols of marines, three each, march swiftly along the outer ring, the occasional lone guard escorting some important Lunarian.

Looking around, a sign indicates this as being the Noble's deck. Of course.

The pointing arrow flickers momentarily, resetting in a new direction. It leads straight into an effective wall of marines...which are coming your way right now. The other way, unfortunately, is blocked off by a checkpoint. A marine, clad in white-blue, is coming from that way – the real Dock Inspector. Marines it is.

You calmly take a left, walking towards the marines... and the patrol's leader gestures to you, motioning to her squad to halt. The blue-light blue marine approaches you carefully, but not entirely in suspicion. It's more like she half-expected you.

Not good.

“Excuse me, Inspector...”, she asks cautiously, “but could you spare a moment?”

[ ] Try to back out of it
[ ] Listen to her

~

Writer's block can suck my balls, etc. Writan encyclopedia entry.
>> No. 6891
[x] Listen to her
I don't think backing out of this would be easy. Might as well see what this is all about.
>> No. 6894
[ ] Listen to her
>> No. 6895
[X] Listen to her
>> No. 6898
[X] Listen to her
You get my vote.
>> No. 6901
Writan this too, then. Postan tomorrow mornan.
>> No. 6905
[x] Lunar Bunny Mind Trick: "This is not the inspector you're looking for. Move along."
>> No. 6907
The marine's left hand begins to glow as she approaches you... if you had less experience, you probably wouldn't even see it. Charging her hands, probably knuckles with magic to act as a melee weapon: if the fist can pierce the armor, the charge will probably obliterate whatever it touches.

The urge to run flares up for an instant, but you pay it no heed. After all, even marines wouldn't want to bloody up a public place like this if they don't have to...

And with her this close, you can't run before she tears you to pieces anyway.

“I suppose I could...”, you answer, walking up to her in reply. Stay calm. “what seems to be the problem, Sergeant?”

“Oh, it's nothing, ma'am... just thought you could help with a problem we had...”

The voice is familiar. Light blue markings, gentle with a hint of command... but you can't operate on possibility.

You come to a stop in front of each other; it seems you've confirmed something she suspected, the magic charge fading from her hand.

“Could you come with us, ma'am?”, she says, gesturing to her marines, who part for you and their leader.

“...Of course I could...”, you agree carefully, and you notice the inspector coming ever closer behind you. “...but I'll have to make it quick.” You follow the marine leader through the wall, her squad closing up behind you.

“Thank you. It's right down the hall, it'll only be a minute."

So far, so good. Looking back, you can see the real Inspector entering the elevator you just left, sliding out of view; the arrow still points ahead. She makes sure to stay just in front of you, as if making sure you can see her shoulder patch. An eagle, wings spread, hidden behind a cresent moon... 50th Marines.

In a less dangerous time, you'd probably laugh at the serendipity.

"So,", Saku asks casually, "what brings you down here? Subcommander?"

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 6908
[X] "Just enjoying the view"
>> No. 6909
[X] "Just enjoying the view"
>> No. 6910
[X] "Just enjoying the view"

[20:30]<QWL|updated>Reisen x Saku
[20:30]<QWL|updated>is this awesome, y/n
[20:31]<QWL|updated>nvm that it makes no sense
[20:31]<UBOA>Y
[20:31]<UBOA>yes it does you... you...
[20:31]<QWL|updated>well, enjoy never seeing a Saku route
[20:32]<QWL|updated>or any route, for that matter

Reisen gets no love.
>> No. 6911
[X] "I am here to make you mine Saku"
[X] Grab her forcefully.
>> No. 6912
>>6910
Story just lost 150% appeal.
>> No. 6914
File 121537502799.png - (183.75KB , 1024x1024 , Awesome.png ) [iqdb]
6914
Writan.
>> No. 6915
>"So,", Saku asks casually, "what brings you down here? Subcommander?"

Playing with us. Subcommander in an Inspector suit? Oh u. Let's see how YOU feel when you're embarassed in front of your troops.

>{The most likely place to search for information is his ship, INS Enlightened at Dawn, docked one level above the Night; a service elevator is nearby. Getting to it, however, may prove difficult. Although the naval officers and minor station crew will bow before you with your suit, the marines and the real Inspector most likely will not. Avoid them if possible.}

[X] "I am here to make you mine Saku."
[X] Grab her forcefully.
[X] "Take us somewhere private, and we'll reach 'Enlightenment' by dawn, if you know what I mean."

Normally wouldn't attempt something like this, but screw the rules, I have a Charm bonus.

"...And not subcommander; I'm a 00 now."
>> No. 6916
>>6915

this slowpoke breaks my heart
>> No. 6917
>>6916

I'd consider it. Maybe as a bonus scene, or something; I need to get Creativity to 25 before I can learn H Scene.

Crappy setup.
>> No. 6918
>>6915
Thank you for upgrading my write in.
I approve of this.
>> No. 6919
>>6917

Wasn't actually thinking of an actual H-scene, more to get her away from her soldiers while we explain, which is why there's an addition hinting at that.
>> No. 6936
>>6915
This this this.

C'mon, QWL, whose name I keep writing as SQL, don't go with the obvious non-answer when there's something like this available.
>> No. 6944
I like Saku. She'll take this all in good humor.
>> No. 6954
>"So,", Saku asks casually, "what brings you down here? Subcommander?"

...of all the luck. Did you just blow our cover in front of your marines, Saku? Hopefully they are AWESOME marines who won't mind if you don't screw us.
>> No. 6971
>>6954

If the commanding officer doesn't say anything about it, they likely won't either. Eirin probably changed the shift schedule so the 50th would be patrolling during our entry attempt.
>> No. 6991
You take a look around. It doesn't look like anyone else heard her; private channel. You respond casually:

"I just needed a change in scenery."

"And a change of clothes, ma'am?", she jokes.

"...Seems like it." You look to her. "Aren't you supposed to be arresting me for impersonating station personnel?"

"Not when the culprit's probably working for the Adjutant, Subcommander. Best not to get in her way."

You want to say "You heard us?", but it might not end very well, even with Saku.

"You don't trust her?", you ask in lieu.

"You shouldn't trust anyone with absolute power.", she states flatly. "At least not completely."

"Good point."

"It's nothing, ma'am. Which ship are you looking for?"

"Ah, it's confidential... not far, though. Say, Saku..."

"Yes, Subcommander?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"Aside from the change in voice..." She pauses, apparently dwelling on some unseen facet to the question, "you walk different."

The arrow blinks, once, twice, before turning to an "X"; beeping happily, the suit declares this the destination. The panel just above the dock indicates this ship as the Enlightened at Dawn.

~

Did not like this version of this part... but I'll retcon when you're not actively playing the scene. Next part 17 hours from now.
>> No. 6992
>17 hours
50 YEARS?
>> No. 6993
>"Aside from the change in voice..." She pauses, apparently dwelling on some unseen facet to the question, "you walk different."
Hmmm, so Saku did probably listen in on our conversation with Eirin then. Though if she didn't and can recognize Reisen merely from her voice over the comm and her walk, then Saku just went up a few notches on the awesomeness meter.

>50 YEARS?
Everything is our delusion!
>> No. 6997
>>6992
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

EVERY GODDAMN DAY YOU ASSHOLES!
>> No. 6998
File 121547452537.jpg - (240.58KB , 538x820 , 1206773274034.jpg ) [iqdb]
6998
>>6997

As expected from myself.
>> No. 7008
>>6998
Is that you Kira?
>> No. 7009
File 121548445841.jpg - (124.50KB , 700x600 , 1206500558198.jpg ) [iqdb]
7009
>>7008

No, I'm you.
>> No. 7011
File 121548517526.png - (643.96KB , 800x769 , 63a20a663aebf121.png ) [iqdb]
7011
And then Reisen was Kira.
>> No. 7012
Ok, then, back to writan. This'll be better. It must be better.

>>6993

Eirin makes damn sure nobody else hears her conversations.
>> No. 7013
>>7011
Wait, I'm who now with the what?
>> No. 7014
>>7013
GET BACK TO WORK NIGGER.
>> No. 7015
>>7013

PLOTTAN NIGGER. HARVEST IT.
>> No. 7016
>>7012

hooray.jpg
>> No. 7024
File 121550293536.jpg - (102.62KB , 745x440 , Vaguely_like_this.jpg ) [iqdb]
7024
She's much more attentive on the job than you expected. That's... actually pretty impressive. Most Guard soldiers couldn't recognize someone by their gait.

"Is this it, Subcommander?", she asks, pointing to the panel. You nod.

"I'll just be in there for a few. It shouldn't take long."

"Okay. I'll wait out here, keep a lookout for you. But please make it quick, ma'am; the Inspector's assigned to check over this ship. I don't know when she'll be coming, but I won't be able to stall her for long when she does."

"Got it."

You don't see a lock by the Dawn's hatch; instead, the vessel recognizes your presence as you walk up to it, unlocking its entry hatch. Immediately, you are greeted by warm hall lights, instead of the dark airlock so common to the military; walking in, you briefly feel a kind of static sensation, little glowing bits of ash lifting from your suit, implying a sterilizing field. As the hatch slides back, the hiss of the hatch sealing is conspicuously absent; surprisingly, the only thing really keeping the ship airtight would seem to be a bit of magic. The energy needed to run those kinds of barrier spells continuously is immense... but this is a carrier, and a noble's at that.

Taking a look around, it does have the feel of a big armed yacht, with smooth, flowing surfaces everywhere, from the floor panels to the elaborately carved walls, stained an off white by the hall lights. The big, open hallways gently curve around, with not an angle in sight; no hiding spots for a boarding team to mount an assault from, but no hiding spots for a crew to defend the ship from either; the primary weakness in traditional Lunarian design. Were there more crew moving about, this would feel pretty comfortable; as it stands, the deck feels emptier than it really is.

In front of you is a hub, to which the bridge and all the senior officer's quarters are connected, like the fingers of a hand; in the hall adjacent, a few stragglers hurry to the nearby elevators, rushing to the hangar below. The PA crackles to life in the background, "Departure in twenty" echoing through the deck.

Time to get to work.

~

This'll be a bit of time management. You have three turns before the inspector returns to the deck and makes her way to the Dawn; after that, you have a random amount of time before she arrives, which will make leaving much harder. Each option takes up a certain amount of time; pick one, or a combination of two. All the options have information directly related to the mission, but the information, of course, varies with each option.

~

[ ]Go to Captain's quarters - 3 turns
[ ]Go to Bridge - 2 turns
[ ]Go to Senior Officer's quarters (specify division) - 1 turn

~

And next time, write-ins'll be first to five. Next post within the century.
>> No. 7025
[Encyclopedia: Inspector]

We need to know what an Inspector's station & duties are for if we come across anyone.

Given that they're departing in 20 minutes, most of the crew should on the bridge; excepting the captain, the crew quarters at least should be empty.


[x] Go to Senior Officer's quarters (Comm.) - 1 turn

Check the logs for anything suspicious, and check any internal rerouting of messages or department requests that don't add up. The captain or his cohorts may be using the same trick the Navigation officer used aboard the Belligerence.

[x] Go to Senior Officer's quarters (Navigation) - 1 turn

In any event, we need to see where they've been and where they're going.
>> No. 7027
>>7025

Ok, maybe that last post was badly worded. It's your job to be a peeping tom, to put it simply. If the captain catches you reading his journal entry about how he's having a 4-way affair with his senior staff, he can't really do anything but ask that you humbly keep it a secret, since you're doing your job. Well, he'll probably try to kill you, but that's beyond the point.

You still have one more turn you could use in that vote, etc.

Oh yeah. Really, don't kill anyone while you're on the ship. It won't end well.
>> No. 7031
>>7027
>You still have one more turn you could use in that vote

Add this to it, then:
[x]Go to Senior Officer's quarters (Chief Steward)

Check equipment requests, unexplained fuel & ammunition loss, and check the repair records to see if the ship has engaged in combat recently. Check monetary transactions for unjustifiable/exorbitant influx (possible bribery or money laundering) and efflux (embezzling, misappropriation) of funds from the ship's purse. Check cargo transfer records for unlabeled or classified cargo, cargo weight that doesn't match the contents, or cargo that this ship doesn't have the appropriate papers for, as well as its source and intended destination (possibility of smuggling or arms dealing). If they're in a rush, and they may be since they're leaving on such short notice, they may not have replenished their supplies, fuel & ammunition to the point where they can reach their apparent destination (and hence, it's not where they're going); conversely, they may have taken on inordinate amounts, intending to sell or give them to the rebels.
>> No. 7032
[x] Go to Captain's quarters
Simplicity.
>> No. 7033
[x]Moonwalk to the Captain's quarters
>> No. 7037
...Preliminary writan. Not postan it unless there's no votes this whole day, though; a 2 vote majority isn't much of a majority.
>> No. 7042
[X] Go to Captain's quarters

Is three enough?
>> No. 7044
>>7025
>>7031
Thorough anon is thourough. I second this.
>> No. 7046
>>7025
>>7031
Thirding this. But couldn't we use one turn and then make decisions based on what we learned there?
>> No. 7050
>>7046

Yeah, you could. Which is why not all the options take 3 turns.

I think Anon's a pretty cool guy, eh will wait for you forever, etc. Rewritan.
>> No. 7061
ANON WAITED FOR YOU QWL
>> No. 7073
File 12157388763.jpg - (63.54KB , 400x300 , dark room.jpg ) [iqdb]
7073
The first place you think of checking is the Navigation Officer's quarters. Inside, it's fortunately quiet, with nobody in sight; a monitor inset in a nearby desk hums quietly.

Waving your hand over the monitor, the suit swiftly bypasses the weak passlock on the system, and within seconds the data streams into your helmet, coordinates; it immediately gets to work processing the string, a map showing a path slowly crawling through the stars around Tau Ceti. Little notes attatch to the nodes of the curve, summaries of the officer's journals; they take place in the space of two months, in four stars, all in the Ceti system; according to the monitor, all entries before those were automatically erased. Manually running decryption on the erased entries does nothing, only issuing an exasperated beep from the suit. You begin to skim the notes at each star.

For the most part, very little's said about actually fighting the Empire, only recounting a very long, very dreary mining mission for the rebellion, the “Dusklight Pact”. According to the journal, the Dawn used its bombers to blow open asteroids for mining by the rebellion; later, a freighter, or perhaps just a repurposed carrier warped in and carried away the haul back to Tau Ceti, calling “half their fleet” over...

“You should've seen it,” the entry reads, “they filled up the whole screen. Twenty corvettes, and a dozen frigates... It's bigger than the Adjutant thinks. Far bigger.”

The thought of the whole fleet fills you with a sense of unease. Twenty-four frigates, and fourty corvettes; then they could easily take on anything the Navy throws at them, at least a good four months of sustained battle. And that's assuming they don't have a second fleet active...

Of course, he's probably exaggerating, but anywhere near ten frigates would be enough to last against even a cruiser. You keep looking for more evidence. The second to last entry catches your eye, located in Mira just before the Enlightened at Dawn jumped home:

MIRA, [23:16:44] 02/32/61 E4

<<We're finally leaving this boring little star, and coming back to Serenity for resupply. The Pact thanked us for giving them some of the scouts, weapons stripped, of course; I think they're going to use them to reverse engineer. In exchange, they promised the Captain a frigate, one of the older Impairor models. He said he'll probably sell it for patrol ships and give us all one, since the Dawn can't command six ships at a time anyway.

This doesn't feel right, defecting, but I don't think I can keep doing these crackdowns; the Captain seems to agree too. After the negotiations, we're going to follow the Pact's diplomat fleet back to Ceti III.

If this works out... *when* this works out... I'll make sure we'll have a nice home on Ceti III, 'Seimi, right on the south coast...>>

The part about six ships is the crucial piece of evidence; Yoakeya's leading five other ships, presumably also defecting with him. You highlight the entry in your copy of the journal, before switching the system back off.

Five more ships to deal with...

You leave the room, now silent.

~

>>7061

Yes you did. Yes you did.

Also, forgive my terrible print.
>> No. 7079
>>7073

>>If this works out... *when* this works out... I'll make sure we'll have a nice home on Ceti III, 'Seimi, right on the south coast...>>

'Seimi? Oh ho.

Looks like our Weapons Officer, HI-42 Heiseimi, has a relationship with one of the officers on the Dawn. Furthermore, they're rebel sympathizers. It's interesting to point out that Heiseimi was the most combative of the bridge officers:

>“Heiseimi, lock on the Belligerence's command pod and engine. Weapons to full.”
>She stares at you for a beat, confused.
>"Wh- I can't possibly-"
>"That's an order.”, you interrupt. “Don't take your eyes off her for a second."
>“You're asking me to get ready to kill them!”
>[...]
>After a minute or two... she gives in, sighing forlornly.
>"...At once, ma'am.”

More troubling is the fact that an officer would write down such obvious admission without encrypting it, and that it appears they didn't even attempt to encrypt or delete the logs. It seems something of an open secret. Either the rebellion is quite pervasive or this information was planted by Eirin for political purposes: Clear indication of rebel support among the aristocracy & military, the size of the rebel fleet, openly fraternizing with rebels among the rank & file soldiers, a small detachment of six rebel ships all under the Empire's very noses? The implicit threat practically requires the Adjutant to declare martial law, to start weapons build-up, and to purge the aristocracy & military; for a time, she'll be given essentially unbounded power to quell this ostensible emergency. And just in time to preempt the rebellion's diplomacy talks--how serendipitous.

We should confirm that it's true that this ship can control the indicated number of ships (5), confirm which ones they are, and look for corroborating evidence in their data banks. We should interrogate Heiseimi personally before we send this information to Eirin; we might not see her again if we don't. We might want to delete that one entry if we decide to protect her, regardless.

In the case that this appears like a setup, we can give Eirin the information but tell her why we think it was likely planted by one of Lord Yoakeya's political enemies and ask if her source has anything to gain by his fall or is otherwise unreliable without giving away that we suspect it's her.

[ENCYCLOPEDIA: "INS Enlightened at Dawn"]
>> No. 7080
>>7079

Let me just say that's not HI-42. But you're looking kinda genius thar. Overthinking things a bit, but still kinda genius.

writan encyclopedia entry, in addition. Whole posts up tomorrow.
>> No. 7132
>>7024
>But please make it quick, ma'am; the Inspector's assigned to check over this ship.
...either Yoakeya's incompetent and careless about controlling his crew, or Yoakeya knows that the inspector is on his side. Otherwise, he would've instructed his crew to make sure all the records were crystal clean and non-incriminating. Come to think of it, a potentially corrupt inspector would explain why Eirin sent us to check the ship personally.
>> No. 7133
>According to the journal, the Dawn used its bombers to blow open asteroids for mining by the rebellion; later, a freighter, or perhaps just a repurposed carrier warped in and carried away the haul back to Tau Ceti, calling “half their fleet” over...
>“You should've seen it,” the entry reads, “they filled up the whole screen. Twenty corvettes, and a dozen frigates... It's bigger than the Adjutant thinks. Far bigger.”

It all comes back to Tau Ceti. We know that Eirin ordered the Belligerence's Nav Officer to kill or capture us before reaching Tau Ceti, even if it meant destroying the fleet. Furthermore, when we reported to her, she was absolutely livid. What was so disastrous about the attack that she was willing to go to these lengths?

Our plan seemed solid. If we had attacked, we might have routed them; at the very least we would have been able to gauge their strength. The evidence in the Dawn that points to the rebellion having an entire armada would be either confirmed or disconfirmed. But if the rebels' true strength was exposed as underwhelming, Eirin wouldn't be able to invoke emergency powers against a threat that didn't exist.

>>7132

After we leave the ship, we should ask Saku to contact us once the inspector has finished his sweep. In the unlikely event he reports it, we'll confirm that it was likely planted information. Otherwise, he's probably just another incompetent or turncoat.
>> No. 7140
This CYOA is a lot more fun than I thought. Reminds me of something between Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect.
>> No. 7149
>>7133
The problem, as she mentioned, was that we were disobeying direct orders not to attack. If we had succeeded, it would hae undermined her authority, and screwed up the whole plan she has.
>> No. 7201
The Comms Officer's quarters are disheveled, as though they left in a hurry. The lights are still on, towers of papers and books strewn throughout; looking around, you find that most are just memos, reminders, and the occasional random jumble of numbers. In the front, a desk, like the Nav Officer's; near the back, a keypad locker. On the desk, a single photo breaks the uniform trash: slightly scratched and faded, it depicts a wide, rolling ocean, vivid cerulean waves sprawling out for miles, wispy clouds encircling a single red moon. On the back, there are three words, and a date:

“12/22”
“REMEMBER THE 28TH”

December. 28th.

You remember a 28th Marines... but it couldn't be them.

They all died.

Their deaths flash through your mind, fresh as yesterday. Skewered, shattered, mutilated... a grisly parody of life. Dead hands, still reaching towards you, still grasping for the empty air... things that were people, now crawling and begging for mama...

With a slightly shaky hand, you put the photo back, quickly shoving it beneath the piles. Involuntarily, your eyes screw shut, trying to forget...

It's not your fault, you tell yourself, trying to breathe normally. It's not your fault.

You breathe. In, and out.

The snow.

Yes, the snow.

After a second of trance, you return to work.

Under the clutter, you can see the glow of another monitor in the officer's desk, barely visible. You carefully slide some of the papers out of the way, accessing the desk system. Or at least, you try. The computer flatly rejects you, once, then twice. You place your hand on the monitor, activating the suit's attack software. It takes a minute, but it eventually cracks, uploading a list of audio logs to you, sorted by star. In your helmet, one menu unfolds, before opening out all the "AUDIO" submenus, the logs unfurled like leaves. Most, however, are heavily scrambled, your decryption suite declaring them too tightly secured even for it. More evidence for you, then.

The last entries, in transit back to Luna, are the few unencrypted entries, all internal audio logs. You play the very last entry:

{ 12:07:49, MIRA -> SOL; BRIDGE}
{RECORDING BEGINS...}

A woman's voice is the first to surface from the static.

"...after all we've done for the Empire, I don't understand how we could just switch over like that, sir. We were trusted to protect Luna to our deaths."

Another voice, snobby... formal. The effeminate voice of young aristocrats. Yoakeya, presumably.

"What we were trusted with, Lieutenant, was the protection of our fellow man. The Empire has shown it couldn't care less about citizens, what with the brutality it routinely asks us to unleash on them. To follow it now would be a true betrayal."

"Lord Captain, with all due respect-"

"I shall hear no more of this."

Silence. Yoakeya continues, firmly.

"If you have any qualms about my decisions, you are free to leave when we dock with Serenity Station. I'll write up transfers, put you on a frigate, if you wish. But this is my ship. And on this ship, you follow my command."

The woman still doesn't answer.

"Is this clear, Comms?"

She finally sighs angrily, after a few more seconds of silence.

"Yes, Lord Captain..."

"Good. You have the new IFF codes; now ready them for installation."

Boots clicking on the heels.

"I shall retire to my quarters. Bridge, continue course; bring in all active squadrons, and erase the main records. We're not getting caught after all of this..."

A door faintly sliding open.

"And 'Ryoku?"

"...Yes, sir?"

"You have until tomorrow to make your decision. Choose wisely."

A door sliding back, before static consumes the recording.

{RECORDING ENDS}

A small note follows the recording:

<< I've chosen real well, traitor pig...>>

You blink, as the submenu closes back up, and upload the audio logs to send to Eirin. Above it, two menus remain active: the internal logs you just listened to, and a personal log.

[ ] Read the officer's personal logs - 1 turn, will end safe turns
[ ] Don't worry about the logs, just go to the Chief Steward's - 1 turn

~

Back to sleepan. I'll be back on in about 9, 10 hours.

Hm. Does it really sound like Mass Effect? I've never played it.
>> No. 7204
[x] Don't worry about the logs, just go to the Chief Steward's - 1 turn
You've gained enough evidence from here, it's best to cover all of your bases before your window closes.
>> No. 7205
>“12/22”
>“REMEMBER THE 28TH”
>December. 28th.

[x] Try entering combinations "1222" and "1228" into the keypad locker.

><< I've chosen real well, traitor pig...>>

This comment makes the Communications Officer personal logs seem very interesting.

[x] Read the officer's personal logs - 1 turn, will end safe turns

We'll leave after this.
>> No. 7223
[x] Read the officer's personal logs - 1 turn, will end safe turns

Pfft. Since when does Anon play it safe?
>> No. 7226
>A small note follows the recording: << I've chosen real well, traitor pig...>>
awesome.jpg

[x] Read the officer's personal logs
>> No. 7227
Moar writan begins.
>> No. 7231
>>7201
I haven't played much either. I don't know how close the writing style is, but the theme is a bit similar
>> No. 7233
There's probably more to learn from the officer's personal logs; you've got enough evidence.

Logging off the system, you begin reading the latest entries, wandering over to the locker:

MIRA -> SOL, [01:16:44] 03/01/61 E4
<< So he's really going through with it. Right after the negotiations, he said, we're going to follow the rebels back as Lady Yagokoro warps out. And after that, we get our new orders...

Yoakeya knows what he's doing. He knows how much of a kick in the balls it'll be to see home in their hands. Trying to break me, put me in my place...

Well, what he doesn't know is that the Adjutant knows too. I contacted her on a dual channel right after the message came in. Told her everything. He doesn't know he's already dead.

Of course, this extends to us. Probably we're all dead now. But a death for the Empire's the best way to go. I sure as hell won't break...>>

Flicking down to another one, just hours later:

SOL, [09:16:44] 03/01/61 E4
<<She responded around six. All she said is that "She's going to deal with it". I asked if that meant she was going to kill him, if she'd tell me how the traitor was going to die. No reply.

When my shift ended, the Lord Captain summoned me again. Instead of the usual, though, he talked about the things going on. Just a conversation, like I was his wife or something. He kept yammering about how "this was the right way", and that I'd "see it his way soon". But considering I'm *not* his wife, and that to him, I'm just a pet to toy with, I don't think I'll be "seeing it his way" anytime soon at all.

I was able to steal a few capnades from the armory, and got my pistol charged: in case the Adjutant should fail and we escape, I want to at least deny them another officer or ten... I should know she won't. But I'm learning not to leave things to fate now. Locker password's been set to 0013, in case I should forget... or in case he suspects me and tries to search my room.

Whoever's doing the dirty work in this: I hope you make it thorough. If you don't do the job, I will. It won't end well; I definitely won't escape with my life. But then at that point, I wouldn't want to live anyway...>>

The logs end there, and you snap back to attention as the PA sounds.

"Attention all decks," it reports, "the Dock Inspector has scheduled an inspection of the hangar bay."

You're almost out of time.

"Departure has been postponed. I repeat, departure has been postponed..."

You hastily tap the password into the locker keypad, and the door revolves to reveal the contents. Inside is a capnade: a small, glowing crystal, and a handwritten note; the pistol is nowhere to be found.

Holstering the grenade and folding the note away, you shut the locker before rushing out the door. Looking around, you see the elevators rushing back up, crew pouring out of the little cabs to return to their stations. The corridors echo as the message repeats, going through the halls...

Now what?

~
Calling rand(0, 3)... returned 1.
You have 1 more unsafe turn available.
~

[ ] Leave. Now.
[ ] Go to Senior Officer's quarters (specify division) - 1 turn

~
[INVENTORY] updated.
>> No. 7239
We...stole the lone non-rebel's grenade? That's harsh.

[x] Leave. Now.
>> No. 7242
{X} Leave. Now.

>>7239
Times are tough~
>> No. 7243
[x] Leave. Now.
Might as well err on the side of caution.
>> No. 7244
[x] Leave. Now.
>> No. 7253
>>7239
>We...stole the lone non-rebel's grenade? That's harsh.

The note & password were obviously left for us. Furthermore, she said she stole "a few" and she still has her pistol.

Taking the grenade with us signals that we're aware of what she's doing and that we don't want her to use it.

And we don't, since she might be more valuable to Luna as a mole.

[x] Leave. Now.
>> No. 7254
...Writan.
>> No. 7259
File 121598596651.jpg - (83.54KB , 639x435 , spacewalk_not_quite_as_good_as_moonwalk.jpg ) [iqdb]
7259
You walk briskly back out to the station. Outside, Saku motions for her marines to follow her. You catch up with her quickly.

“I've got what I needed.”, you breathe.

“Then let's get you out of here, Subcommander; the Inspector's almost here. She's busy with another ship on this deck, so we've got to take the long way around...”

She looks behind the marines for a second.

“Nobody saw you, did they?”, Saku asks uncertainly.

“Nobody important.”

“Good. I'll put you on the main elevator this time.”

As you walk down the ring, you try to contact Eirin, searching the station for her position. On the other end of the station, the docks opposite. A very, very big ship. You can feel her inside there; you send off a connection request, 'asking' her to speak with you. A affirmative tone rings back - connection accepted.

“Finally, something interesting. You have completed your task, Reisen?”, the Adjutant asks, bored.

“Yes, my lady.” You transmit the logs, highlighted. “I have... substantial evidence. Some of which has been hidden.”

She looks at it for a second, sees the gulf of jumbled sound, and starts to reassemble it. Within seconds, the logs are completely decoded.

“Not anymore. Give me a second to check it.”

You can sort of feel her begin to pore over the journals, listening to the fine distortions of the audio, the speech patterns... pretty soon, she's already finished with the majority of the logs.

“Yoakeya really has betrayed us... perfect. I have new orders for you. Come to the main airlock one deck above, and wait on the station surface. I'll explain there.”

“Right away, my lady.”, you reply, unconsciously nodding. Your attention shifts back to Saku.

“So, Saku...”

“Nn?”

“You wouldn't mind if I asked why you were down here, would you? Do I have the Adjutant to thank for this?”

She shakes her head. “Just the scheduling system. The marine patrols on each deck rotate every day; today, we watch the lower docks, along with a SpecOps team. If you arrived a day earlier, you would've met with the 07th instead.”

“And probably killed. How reassuring...”

“Isn't it, ma'am?”, she cheerily replies.

You chuckle. On the job, she's amazingly disarming...

“You're a riot, Saku, you know that?”

She giggles, before walking up to a elevator pad, placing her palm against it.

“I don't know what you're talking about, Subcommander!”

The door slides away in a flash, and you enter the elevator, her marines blocking off the entrance. According to it, you're on deck 3.

“Ah, I've still got until noon before my shift ends, so I can't come with you.”, Saku explains. “...I'll see you later, then.”

“It's fine. We've got jobs to do, after all.”

She nods. “That we do. Good luck, miss Reisen.”

You nod back, pressing the button for Deck 4. The door seals up, and a second later, you arrive, a large airtight door ahead.

~
Autosaving...
~

“So,” you ask as you step into the airlock, “what are your orders, Adjutant?”

“You'll see soon enough, Reisen.”

The room seals completely, klaxon blaring as the air drains out; your suit follows, sealing helmet filters, redirecting airflow to recycle exhalation, while the electromagnets in your boots charge up, grounding you to the floor. Lights turn off, one by one; first the enchants, then the panels, and finally the klaxon light.

The outer door begins to slide open, a slit of illumination expanding until you can see the stars outside, the chamber lit against the gentle glow... The little air remaining blows out into the inky void, the rush of air nudging you just a bit forward.

You take your first steps out, one-two, one-two, before jumping off the edge. The jets on your back push you forward, until, level once more, you land back on the station wall, feeling light as a feather.

The sight is beautiful.

Ahead – or just below – are dozens of ships, big and small, locked into the station. Little, angelic red-orange forms, sleek sky blue giants, and the black dots ferrying between them, patching up the various wounds they picked up on the way. Tiny sparks flicker among their surfaces... and ahead of that, the glowing moon, halfway shrouded in darkness. Faint lights crisscross her surface on the dark side, and formless shadows orbit the sphere closely, collecting around a tiny metallic gash in the surface: the Defense Fleet, watching over the entry way into the underground palace.

It's been a while since you've seen such things, you think. At least five or six years, probably, right before Eirin inducted you into the Guard...

Better times. But you can't dwell on them now. You return to the matter at hand.

“I'm here.”, you report.

“Good. Wait right there.”

A small skiff hovers up to your left, loaded with a bulky, antenna-laced orb. It waits there, practically asking you to hop on.

“That transport – it's carrying a transmitter. Take it down to the first docking ring. You're going to plant the device on the Dawn.”

~

Part 2 in 10^8492 minutes.
>> No. 7281
Climbing into the front seat, you begin to coast towards the ring of giants below. One, a large, bulbous monster betailed with a shallow spine, is outlined in flashing red, before becoming a solid yellow; the Dawn. Turning towards the ship, you speed towards the docks.

“What's it going to transmit, exactly?”, you ask.

“Targeting data. Cleverly hidden over the civilian bands; nobody would know what it was unless they were looking for it. And one ship is... one of our spies, along with his group, is awaiting the signal to fire.”

“And if your spy fails?”

“He won't.”

The thought of the treachery is disquieting.

“...You want me to kill them, then?”

“Who said anything about killing?”

You say nothing.

“All that needs to be done is some damage.”, she assures. “Enough to give a real scare. How you accomplish this is up to you.”

Green diamonds blip onto your view, pulsating slowly. First on the upper end, near a glowing blue hatch, then the snubbed tail of the spine at the rear, and finally a large lump near the front; Eirin continues her mini-briefing.

“These are the prime targets:”, she explains: “The hangar belly, engines, and the main sensor dome, respectively. Damage to any of these would render the Dawn crippled, necessitating repairs and inciting hostilities...”

“Which keeps one more carrier out of rebel hands, potentially tips the war in our favor, and forces the Dawn to remain loyal for at least a bit longer.”

“Precisely. Although if you really were considering placing the transmitter somewhere lethal, I could work with that...”

A single red X appears on the lower “spine” of the vessel, the armor plating just below the bridge and engineering, according to the helmet scanner.

“She would be still be salvageable, at least.”

You slow to a halt a few yards away from the carrier, before climbing out of the seat. Above you, the Dawn stretches off into the horizon, towering towards the stars.

The engines flare once, to a glow not unlike the sun, before fading back to dormancy.

“...There will be no need, Adjutant.”, you mumble, still looking up momentarily before you return to the job at hand, taking the transmitter by a handle. “Permision to speak freely?”

“Go ahead.”

“Why couldn't you just have the spy shoot at the Dawn?”

“Well, the main problem is that targeting a vessel is very conspicuous. Were he to target the ship himself, every vessel in both fleets would notice immediately. A covert transmission would be the simplest way to allow him and his group to open fire, and in order to get that transmission to him, I need some sort of beacon.”

“I see.”, you say, walking up to the carrier. “That's where I come in.”

“Yes. But you won't have to worry about that for now. Presently, the only thing that matters is getting that transmitter on the Dawn. I'll patch you into their Traffic Control channel; the ship inspection I ordered will be over soon. Try to hurry and finish before they can depart from the station: their sensor array will detect you once they're away.”

“Understood, Adjutant.”

“Then I will see you back in the station, Reisen. Yagokoro out.”

The line fades into silence, replaced by the sharp, static-laced reports coming from the Dawn. Taking the orb under your arm, you jump again, thrusters orienting you almost perfectly with the Dawn as your back thrusters send you streaking off towards the carrier.

Gliding just a few feet above, you can see her surface in far greater detail: the armored shell parted into appealing, beveled sections, the lights of shield spells thrumming beneath in the softer inner body. Turrets line the body, point defense cannons monitoring every possible angle, while the fins of thin sensor posts begin to erupt from the plating, a small flicker of light on each; near the horizon, a faint blue glow emanates from the edges of hangar bay, while a long launch ramp telescopes out from the center...

Slowly, the beast awakens below you. What to target...

[ ] Hangar
[ ] Engines
[ ] Sensors
***
[ ] Bridge
>> No. 7283
File 121609226044.jpg - (130.04KB , 501x678 , marine_reisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
7283
Thoughts, before voting:

>[ ] Hangar
My assumption would be that the hangar of a ship of this size would contain fightercraft--their loss would explain how losing the hangar easily cripples the ship. But if we're looking to minimize repair times, this isn't an optimal choice. The fighters would not be recoverable.

I may be wrong in this assumption, but the mention of its size, shape and point-defense systems seem to indicate a carrier, and I don't recall any mention to the contrary.

>[ ] Engines
Likely the most difficult and expensive portion of the ship to replace or repair. Again, not optimal for minimizing damage, and in the unlikely event that the captain attempts betrayal while stranded, leaving their offensive ability (in the hangars) and targeting systems (in the sensors) intact is a bad idea.

>[ ] Sensors
Sensitive equipment, but more likely to be easily replaced as the systems will be similar throughout different ship types within the fleet.

>[ ] Bridge
A choice. But a necessary one? Considered it--but can't think of a good reason.

[X] Sensors
>> No. 7286
>>7283

Its contingent is mostly bombers, actually. Despite the size, most of the ship's bulk is really devoted to automated construction facilities; if you can supply the needed resources, most carriers can rebuild their lost ships, albeit very slowly. The real crippling situation is if you can't launch from the hangar; compared to the bombers, the equipment used to load them on deck is rather fragile.

Also, I love you in a non gay fashion.

I'll call it a night, it being 2AM over here and all. Have some long, long overdue encyclopedia entry. I think it's actually scaled down a bit in the entry...

[ENCYLOPEDIA: SHIP ENTRY]

CAM-03 “Enlightened at Dawn”

Constructed: June 12, 208 Era 4
Status: In active service
Class: Sol-class multirole carrier
Dimensions: 285 meters x 780 meters
Contingent: (at least) 72 Firelance-class bombers, 10 Swan-class reconnaissance fighters, 1 Nectaris-class dropship (destroyed), 1 Space marine company (lost with dropship)
Crew compliment: 741, including 308 pilots; construction and resourcing systems are automated
Max. sublight speed: ~300 m/s
Max. sensor range: 512 lightseconds ( > 1AU)
Armament: 38 point defense turrets (danmaku), small
Coverage: 90%
>> No. 7287
>>7283

I agree with the assessment.

Furthermore taking out the sensor array leaves them flying blind and unable to effectively coordinate the other ships or their fighters. Tensions will be running high; the information blackout after the attack will whip a crew with already divided loyalties into hysteria.

[x] Sensors
>> No. 7288
>>7286
>1 Space marine company (lost with dropship)

[x] Tell Eirin she should be able to stall the departure by requiring replacement of the lost marines & dropship with Saku's 50th and that you be inserted among them; we may be able to do this without any costly ship-to-ship combat.

The possibility of minimal crew loss, no downtime, and since transmitter can still be used as a failsafe, there's no reason she should turn us down.
>> No. 7291
>>7286
>Contingent: (at least) 72 Firelance-class bombers, 10 Swan-class reconnaissance fighters, 1 Nectaris-class dropship (destroyed), 1 Space marine company (lost with dropship)
>Crew compliment: 741, including 308 pilots; construction and resourcing systems are automated

>Armament: 38 point defense turrets (danmaku), small

Hangar's suddenly sounding a hell of a lot more effective.

>>7288
...How the fuck do we get out of there afterwards? I doubt that would fit with whatever else Eirin's got planned here.
>> No. 7296
>>7291
Aye, the hanger is sounding quite explosive. Taking out the hanger and vessels of a carrier is sure to be a large setback, removing its only meaningful form of offense. Not to mention the additional damage from destroying those bombers.

[x] Hangar
>> No. 7302
[x] Hangar

I'd rather go for the gold with the bridge but just crippling the thing is good enough.
>> No. 7309
>>7286
>1 Nectaris-class dropship (destroyed), 1 Space marine company (lost with dropship)

Interesting...

>>7296
>“...You want me to kill them, then?”

>“Who said anything about killing?”

>Damage to any of these would render the Dawn crippled, necessitating repairs and inciting hostilities...

The loss of the hangar or bridge would have the greatest effect, but I don't see any reason to maximize casualties and repair time.
>> No. 7310
>>7291

It doesn't hurt to ask. An entire company is a hell of a lot of marines; we'd essentially be part of a boarding action from the inside out, and the ship will eventually have to be boarded anyway. There's no reason to damage it if we don't need to.
>> No. 7314
>>7310
True. If she needs us somewhere else, she'll just say no. Changing vote:

[x] Contact the adjutant and suggest a takeover using the marine replacement as cover. If this is refused, proceed to target the sensor dome.
>> No. 7324
>>7309
The goal is to prevent the rebels from gaining additional forces--the Dawn. Since it seems Eirin cannot act openly to stop the Dawn, knocking it out of commission for a while seems the easiest way to remove it from consideration as a problem.

Short of wiping out the traitors with a bridge shot, wiping out the carrier's offensive complement with a hangar shot seems the most solid way to make it unusable to the rebels. The engine may also take some time to repair, but it probably wouldn't be nearly as expensive--and therefore slow and troublesome--as getting replacement craft from hangar damage. The sensors are probably the least effective place to damage, since the carrier may be able to patch into other ships' sensors or otherwise use their nav data, and the spacecraft it carries almost certainly operate on their own sensors.
>> No. 7325
>>7324
>getting replacement craft from hangar damage
See:
>The real crippling situation is if you can't launch from the hangar; compared to the bombers, the equipment used to load them on deck is rather fragile.

>The sensors are probably the least effective place to damage, since the carrier may be able to patch into other ships' sensors or otherwise use their nav data, and the spacecraft it carries almost certainly operate on their own sensors.
See:
>Damage to any of these would render the Dawn crippled, necessitating repairs and inciting hostilities...

I rather doubt it would be given as a target if the adjutant didn't believe it would cause sufficient damage. And the point here is to cause just enough. While the ship could launch its bomber complement if the hangar isn't taken out, it would still be essentially immobilized and therefore unable to join the rebel fleet (unless the captain thought escape was possible even when running blind--highly unlikely). And launching without escaping would be suicide. Considering the captain is a noble, that's also an unlikely choice.
>> No. 7326
The votes, they are tied~
My heart, it soars~
>> No. 7328
[x] Tell Eirin she should be able to stall the departure by requiring replacement of the lost marines & dropship with Saku's 50th and that you be inserted among them; we may be able to do this without any costly ship-to-ship combat.
>> No. 7329
[x] Hangar

It just seems to me that destroying their war potential might be costly but it shuts down their primary function. Ultimately this deals the rebels a large blow. Well, truth be told, I would have rather chosen the most lethal means. But this is fine too.
>> No. 7334
[x] Hangar

I write this now. Sleep after. Post tomorrow, hopefully. Getting a company of marines and all their equipment, vehicles, etc. on board in under 20-30 minutes is a bit much.
>> No. 7335
>>7334

Bah.
>> No. 7356
>>7325
>I rather doubt it would be given as a target if the adjutant didn't believe it would cause sufficient damage.
Perhaps. But "sufficient" is rather vague, and we can't expect Eirin to take everything into consideration because if we did then either: (a) this choice would be meaningless because Eirin already concluded any target is equally good, or (b) this choice wouldn't exist because Eirin would have told us which target was best.

That said, damaging the sensor array seems the least effective at nullifying the carrier as an effective combat vessel (assuming it could patch in and utilize its supporting ships' sensors and nav data, which would be unsurprising given the technological level displayed). Of course, the minor damage is an advantage if the Dawn stays in port due to the damage and is thereafter commandeered by loyal forces. But if Yoakeya decided to continue on despite the damage--perhaps contrary to Eirin's expectations--then we'd be out of luck.
>> No. 7361
>>7356
All choices may be sufficient but still meaningful for secondary purposes.

The ship could likely use the sensors of its craft--but this is only useful if it DOES stay in port. In interstellar space, at high speed, the smaller craft wouldn't be able to remain outside the ship unless they are equipped with the same drives--in which case they wouldn't need to be launched from a carrier to begin with. It would necessarily be running blind, a suicidal option when you know someone's after you.
>> No. 7363
>>7361
>The part about six ships is the crucial piece of evidence; Yoakeya's leading five other ships, presumably also defecting with him.

>And one ship is... one of our spies, along with his group, is awaiting the signal to fire.

I wasn't talking about using the sensors of the onboard craft. I was talking about the five other ships, one of which Eirin has a spy on and which is going to fire on the Dawn apparently. These ships are probably proper interstellar vessels in their own right, fully capable of keeping up with the Dawn.
>> No. 7366
>>7363
That is a good point, though in that case I'd have voted for the engines. The ship still has value and can still escape with only its offensive power gone.
>> No. 7392
>>7366
Yeah, I was somewhat partial to taking out the Engines too. What swayed me away from it was the four other ships, and the possibility of them jerryrigging some method of towing the carrier. I wanted a sure neutralization of the carrier as a combat force...though I suppose I should've just targeted the bridge in that case. That would've given Eirin a little surprise, probably.
>> No. 7396
>>7363.

We also have to take into account that this won't be only Imperial contingent at the Tau Ceti conference. Eirin likely didn't give orders to replace the dropship and marine company so that there will be little possibility of resistance when the marine contingents from friendly carriers enter the ship through the hanger itself. While he probably fragged his own marines out of fear, his ship is now undefended from the inside, and with the presence of loyalists like the Chief Comm Officer make acts of sabotage or armed resistance, the ship will be total anarchy.

Once his vessel is boarded, there is no of escape for Yoakeya, and likely the same goes for the other ships.
>> No. 7417
You zoom off to the underside bow, towards the gaping maw of the Dawn's hangar. Pulling the ship out of fighting condition's all that matters.

Slowly, the launch deck below eclipses the light from the bay, while reinforcing locks slide into place. Ever taller sensor fins jut from their crevices, until the underside is bristling with their forms.

Over the service line, the infuriated voice of Lord Yoakeya screams at some unfortunate officer.

“'Delay'!? What is the meaning of this!?”

“My lord,” the subordinate begs, “the dock inspector requested a full search of the upper decks; we had no choice-”

“You had my orders!”

A pause, followed by a exasperated sigh.

“Call the inspector. Tell her we've authority from the Adjutant to leave at once. And next time, you follow my orders first, understood? I'll deal with the consequences.”

“As you command, milord...”

The inner hull flashes with a spark of magic momentarily, and the turrets creak to life, like statues animated - dozens of little barrels aim for the sky. As you speed towards the target, the grey diamond morphs into an X, flashing green with the change, while a distance indicator pops up right below it, marking off the last 400 meters.

“Good. 'Ryoku?”

You recognize the voice as the Sensor officer's. With a quiet groan, she responds.

“...Lord Captain.”

“Quickly.”, he huffs. “Sensors.”

“A faint reading under the ship.”, she reports curtily. “Approaching the hangar at high speed, my lord. I know nothing else.”

Cursing under your breath, you dive, grinding into the hull plates as you try to land. The turrets, like alerted hounds, focus on the exact spot you were on only seconds before, deathly sigils flickering to life.

Far too close. They're really in a hurry, bringing sensors up...

“What of it? Speak up!”

Running for one of the cracks in the armor, you roll into the recess, hoping for some protection from the guns. As you flatten into the crevice, you can see the target, the flat deck just barely out of reach, the blue glow under it shifting color...

And the glare of the charged turrets, all tracing your path slowly into your trench, as if playing with trapped prey.

In a manner of speaking, you are. Looking around, there's no real path away from them, none offering useful coverage. Running is out of the question; the second they had a real lock, the defence guns wouldn't be nearly so lethargic. All other routes gone, you try to remain perfectly still, hoping all you tripped were motion detectors...

“It just stopped, sir. Very high energy output...”

The turrets cross over you, aimed and ready to kill. And then the barrels glow white, a ring of tiny stars...

Finally, realizing something, the Sensors officer answers.

“...Its reversing course, my lord.”, she lies, the symbols fading from the defense guns. “Must've been one of the station drones...”

The guns return to their idle states, statues again.

After several moments of continued existence, you finally allow yourself a breath, silently thanking whatever god Empress decided you'd luck out. Crawling out of the crevice, you make your way towards the target on foot... better safe than sorry.
~
Next part prolly today.
>> No. 7447
Walking through the forest of antennae, you finally arrive at the base of the launch deck. Arming the transmitter with one hand, you place it onto the surface with the other, the device boring just slightly into the hull. A single light, on top of the upper antenna, fades in and out, the only sign of activity, and you get back up, preparing to jump, but a deep rumble issues from the ship, throwing you off balance.

“We don't have time for false alarms!", the traitor growls. "Helmsman, take us out! We've wasted enough time here!”

Another, far stronger pulse reverberates through the vessel, the station beginning to drift away. Getting back to your feet, you apply full thrust, almost scorching the suit as you bound off towards Serenity Station. You descend in a deep curve towards the station, rolling to level with it, while the Dawn blasts off past you, speeding off to parts unknown...

~
[+EIRIN]
[+KAGUYA]

Autosaving...

~

You curve the descent until you're lined up with the length of the station, aiming for the airlock, now a tiny square. A few corrections more, and you 'drift' perfectly into the side of the hull, ending up right next to the thick door; pressing the access pad on the 'ground' adjacent, you jump back into the chamber, sticking to the floor.

The airlock runs its cycle, each light coming back on one by one, the suit reopening the air intakes; a bit later, the inner door opens up, and you enter the still open elevator, patiently waiting for you. You select the first deck, below the nobles' docks.
The doors slide shut with a hiss, before the elevator goes flying back down.

As you descend, a distinct ringing tone comes from your mind, announcing Eirin's presence. She sounds pleased.

“I see the transmitter is in place... you work fast.”

[ ] “As always, my lady.”
[ ] “You don't dally with this type of work.”
[ ] “What next?”
>> No. 7449
[ ] “What next?”
>> No. 7450
>“...Its reversing course, my lord.”, she lies, the symbols fading from the defense guns. “Must've been one of the station drones...”

[x] "I had help. Your orders, Adjutant?"
>> No. 7453
{X} "I had help. Your orders, Adjutant?"
>> No. 7454
[x] “What next?”
>> No. 7456
[x] "I had help. Your orders, Adjutant?"

May as well mention the loyalist.
>> No. 7458
Alright, writan.
>> No. 7464
"I had some help along the way.", you shrug.

"Oh? That sensors officer?"

You nod, forgetting the Adjutant can't see you.

"Yes, that one. So, what are your orders, Adjutant?", you ask, walking out onto the deck, down the ring back to the Night.

"Simple. Accompany me to the negotiations."

"That's it?"

"Well, that, and activate the transmitter when the time is right.", she replies. "A bit of theatrics. Then we destroy the negotiators."

Sighing, you open the dock bay to your ship, entering the chamber, the familiar darkness.

"And afterwards?"

"Afterwards, you come with me."

The sterilizing gas pumps in from all sides, with a *pssht*.

"I have use of you...", she muses, the implications indecipherable.

The mist rolls away, sucked into the vents... and then the airlock opens. You take off the helmet as you enter the hall, distinctly aware of the scrubbed air, the cold lifeless non-stench in it. Taking a good, deep breath of it.

So much better than the suit.

"I understand, Adjutant.", you answer, folding your ears back forward. "I'm on my way now."

Satisfied, Eirin makes a kind of affirmative croon.

"Good... Come quickly, Reisen. Yagokoro out."

She leaves on that note, her presence and voice fading from your mind. Helmet in hand, you continue walking down the hall, back to your quarters.
>> No. 7469
Eirin is surprisingly moe when she starts getting her way.

[Encyclopedia: Princess Kaguya]

Want to know if this is before or after her fall.
>> No. 7478
>>7469
Alternate timeline, she doesn't get exiled. It was in the first post of the story. The Lunarians already conquered earth in this reality, as well.
>> No. 7479
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: PRINCESS KAGUYA]

The Princess Kaguya, of the soverign family Houraisan (e.f.n "Revered With [Our] Unity"), is the currently reigning princess of the Lunar Empire, and the nominal caretaker of the territory in Earth's orbital lane. Despite the title, she does in fact have complete power over the Empire; the title of Empress is a posthumous rank. Her primary residence – indeed, her only residence for nearly a millenium – is the Imperial Palace, the massive underground fortress-city hidden just beneath the moon. Her ascent to the throne began with her birth, roughly around 1041 A.D, just after her father's death at age 3,932, and barely a year before the First Youkai Incursion[1]; Tasked with her protection, the newly appointed Adjutant Eirin Yagokoro sent her down to Earth, to live safely disguised as a human. Years later, after the Fourth and Fifth Incursions, she returned to her empire, just in time to begin the Expansions[2], the massive grab for territory by the individual noble families. Centuries later, when the Expansions threatened to shatter the Empire into tiny feudal states, she initiated the Reclamation[3], sending billions of soldiers to forcefully reestablish total soverignty. The campaign, like most of her work, was lead by Eirin. However, her advisor refused to take credit for the victory, seen as a massive success by the majority of the Empire.

Recently, Kaguya has become significantly more reclusive, only appearing for public speeches or to speak with the Adjutant; why this is is currently unknown. However, it is rumored that she has tasked the Adjutant with something of paramount importance; at the start of her seclusion, Eirin expressly forbade unauthorized communication with the Imperial Palace and Serenity Station, and sent an extra contingent of Imperial Guard Marines to protect the princess.

(Skipping to: Lineage)

...Kaguya's lineage is, very intriguing in the context of the (ERROR: PREDESTINATION); her paternal uncle is Takenka Tewake[X], the (ERROR: PREDESTINATION)...

Related Pages:
1. The Youkai Incursions
2. The Lunar Expansions
3. The Reclamation
4[X]. House Takenka (Unavailable)

Eheheh... was playing Pandemic 2. Second part of post in a few hours, after my second go at Madagascar...
>> No. 7480
>>7478

First statement potentially false, latter only technically true, although that's my fault for not spelling it out right.
>> No. 7482
>>7480

After you write the next section, whenever you have time:

[x] 1. The Youkai Incursions
[x] 2. The Lunar Expansions
[x] 3. The Reclamation
>> No. 7502
The halls are empty, nearly the whole crew busy working away on the ship, with the exception of the occasional marine. Off duty, some stumble about slightly, still slightly drunk from barely half an hour at the station's bar. They're all shambling sadly down to the barracks next to the shuttle bay, maybe one or two of the less hammered helping their friends back. Behind you, another one of these pairs passes by: a helmetless rabbit woman, and a thin boy, with small, floppy ears on his head.

Very much sober, the boy has his arm wrapped around the shoulder of the slightly taller woman, a frown lining his lean face as he helps her along. You can hear him lecture his friend, before they descend the ramp to the bay.

You shake your head at this specatacle, half bemused at their inability to hold down a drink, half irritated they've put themselves out of commission, before entering your room, changing back into your officer's dress. You leave the suit alone in the locker, hastily folded.

You almost walk out, but then you remember the note; taking it from the suit pocket, you scan through it:

{ 28th Sq.: STILL LOYAL

28th will help next time they launch

There is still another way out
I will escape this
Theirs will be the first casualties

I promise this, my sisters

-Ryo}

Besides this message, there seems to be little else. Infrared and ultraviolet scans reveal nothing more.

You consider just throwing it away, but ultimately you fold it back up, leaving it in your locker before you leave for the bridge.

The bridge is back in full force, the lights brightly glaring again. Onscreen, the map is back up; this time, there's a line starting from Sol and ending halfway to Tau Ceti, right in the middle of deep space. On the side, the fleet indicators show the Night, fading in and out next to a large, angular craft marked as fleet leader: INS "To Eternity"; below, the INS "Immortal Empress" leads a sub-fleet of five. The group list shows the Night in command of five ships, all corvettes fading in and out like your own.

You take your seat by the miniconsole; It flickers to life, the Earth and Luna appearing as massive spheres.

"Bridge, status report." you order, watching as a large cluster of green shapes blips into view. Brahe coughs, while two giant gold vessels appear, leading the cluster away from the moon.

"All systems are back under our control, and we are ready to depart, Captain. The Adjutant has removed the lockdown, under the condition that we join her fleet; we have told her that we will reply once you have returned to the ship. What are your orders, sir?"

[ ]Open a channel with the Adjutant
[ ]Send a message accepting conditions to the Adjutant, and depart

~

Playing Pandemic 2 is a terrible idea.
>> No. 7503
And also, the first requested encyclopedia entry:

~

[ENCYCLOPEDIA: THE YOUKAI INCURSIONS]

The Incursions were a series of attempted invasions of the Moon, all performed by the youkai hordes of Earth. Each one, from the First to the Fifth, failed miserably, their combined might no match for the then newborn Lunar Navy.

The First Incursion of 1042 was probably the only particularly significant one, if only because it came before the advent of warp; shields, therefore, were also nonexistent. The origins were simple: an odd, foxlike creature entered the palace via some type of extradimensional portal, demanding an audience with the princess. When her advisors agreed to see the youkai, she introduced herself as an emissary of "Yukari", the (presumably legendary) general of Earth's forces, before issuing a declaration of war, on the grounds that "[The Lunarians] are now trespassing on [Yukari's] territory". This was the last thing she said, before the Adjutant beheaded her, throwing the head back through the portal. It closed back up, "as though in shock"; the message was clear.

The next day, three portals appeared in upper Earth orbit; hours later the Earth's entire youkai population streamed out of the portals, in a massive wave of nearly two million. Their sheer number - and their command over magic - came as an immense shock to the Lunarians.

Overestimating the potential threat - the Earthlings' were expected to have a range rivaling that of the fleet - the Princess' advisors demanded that the infant soverign be sent away for her safety, leading to Kaguya's temporary stay on Earth. Immediately, the entire Navy was dispatched around the near side of the moon.

When the youkai came in range, the fleet opened fire with everything they had. The initial barrage cut down nearly a quarter of the invaders, immediately throwing them into chaos; about one eighth of the horde immediately beat a retreat back into the portals. The remainder were slaughtered within minutes, as they came into the firing range of the shorter ranged spell effects and chemical lasers. By the end of the day, the forces were routed, the Navy suffering only one casualty: the INS Tsuuyumi, taken down by a surprisingly powerful beam fired by a "green haired" youkai; she was lost with all hands, the melted corpse unrecognizable from the formerly majestic frigate. Analysis of this attack would lead to the development of the Lunar Navy's own beam technology, replacing the weak lasers of the time.

The next day, the hordes returned in full force, this time taking many evasive manuvers. Significantly more focused, they managed to cripple roughly five ships before retreating; expecting the battle to be over, the fleet stood down, escorting the damaged ships to the fledgling shipyard at Phobos. As they prepared to warp, a single, small portal opened up on the undefended far side of the capital, taking the Navy by surprise. However, even with this advantage on their side, the Navy was still able to effortlessly demolish the attackers; after this gruesome defeat, the portals began closing, the few survivors running for their lives. The First Incursion had ended.

Over the span of twelve years, the youkai would occasionally spring up again under some new leader, undeterred by the crushing defeat of their previous attempts. Unfortunately, the Princess still could not return to her capital while the battles took place, and so her temporary stay became a small exile, until the Fifth Incursion in 1055. A miniature skirmish compared to the already quick battles of before, only a few hundred thousand bothered to fight; by then, the Lunarians had perfected their beam weaponry, using the incursion as an effective firing range. There were no survivors...
>> No. 7505
>By the end of the day, the forces were routed, the Navy suffering only one casualty: the INS Tsuuyumi, taken down by a surprisingly powerful beam fired by a "green haired" youkai; she was lost with all hands, the melted corpse unrecognizable from the formerly majestic frigate. Analysis of this attack would lead to the development of the Lunar Navy's own beam technology, replacing the weak lasers of the time.

Does this mean our main guns fire Master Spark?
>> No. 7506
[x] "Open a channel with the Adjutant, Brahe; patch it in to my quarters."
[x] "Meanwhile, alert all crew to get to their stations and prepare for departure."

This 'Ryoku planted this note obviously has a past involvement in the 28th, and the cryptic letter implies she may have left it behind for us specifically. We can ask Eirin if she knows the meaning of it. We can also suggest that Eirin make contact with the officer to calm her so she doesn't go on a shooting spree. Communication of the note's text, from our ship to hers would be good enough to alert her that we're on the level.

Second, there is the matter of the crystal we found. What the hell is it?

Third, Eirin may have more specific plans for us that she doesn't want the crew to know.

Also personal tiem with Eirin.
>> No. 7507
>>7506

It's a miniature capacitor, really, which is why it's called a Capnade. It's usually used as a grenade or a makeshift stove, but those esp. skilled with magic could potentially use them like options.

Shit, I should write an entry on these, too.
>> No. 7508
>>7506
In addition to this, why not see if there are any ships of the Tsuuyumi's class still around. Maybe being used as a museum or something.
>> No. 7509
[X] [Encyclopedia: Search: 28th]
Not quite seeing the note's connection. More information required.
>> No. 7510
>>7509

Seconded. The 28th Marines seems connected to Reisen's traumatic past, shortly before Eirin took her in. She had flashbacks when she saw the flyer lying among the junk in the messy room. Coming to terms with the trauma is probably part of our long-term goals: Recovering your memory and getting Eirin to respect Reisen as a person (rather than as a pet, servant, soldier, apprentice, etc.).

>It's a miniature capacitor, really, which is why it's called a Capnade. It's usually used as a grenade or a makeshift stove, but those esp. skilled with magic could potentially use them like options.

Like a disposable hakkero then? I wish we knew more about Reisen's present magical aptitude. Do we even have eyeh4x in this continuity?

I've always imagined moon rabbits were just genetically/magically/cybernetically altered, vat-grown humans, with the ears and tail tacked on to reinforce that they're lesser beings.

[Encyclopedia: The Lunar Expansions]
[Encyclopedia: The Reclamation]
[Encyclopedia: 28th Marines]
[Encyclopedia: Moon Rabbits]
>> No. 7512
>>7510

Search has returned three results:

28th Bomber Squadron
28th Marines
28th Fleet

Magic's at lvl 2; crazy control powers come in around 5. You have Lunatic Eyes, and can use magic on par with the best marines, but that's not saying much, compared to an experienced Lunarian like Eirin. [STATUS:DETAILED] would explain further.

I write another encyclopedia entry, maybe two if they turn out to be short. Moar decision voets plz, etc.
>> No. 7513
>[Encyclopedia: 28th Marines]

...I should read slower next time.
>> No. 7514
[x] "Open a channel with the Adjutant, Brahe; patch it in to my quarters."
[x] "Meanwhile, alert all crew to get to their stations and prepare for departure."
>> No. 7519
Good write in, but Comms Officer Patuxent would handle contacting the Adjutant, not Sensors Officer Brahe.

[x] "Open a channel with the Adjutant, Patuxent; patch it into to my quarters. Make sure the conversation is recorded and encrypted."
[x] "Brahe, scan the Night for any odd signatures, emissions, weight, bioreadings, superficial structural changes, anything that wasn't here before we arrived. Commandeer the dock sensors and those of surrounding ships if you have to; I don't want to reach Tau Ceti to find that the Adjutant has left us with a premature going away present."
[x] "All other crew get to your stations and prepare for departure."

Brahe has been practically our XO; we should look into upping her pay grade at least.

For that matter, maybe we should look up the service records for officers we do know:

[ENCYCLOPEDIA: "HI-42 Heiseimi"]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: "BE-02C Brahe"]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: "FM-87 Patuxent"]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: "RN-13B Reisen"]

And as for Saku, we don't know her ID#.
>> No. 7521
>>7519

Searching ID#s and names will return data on the specified family, unless the person is esp. significant in the story, in which case an ERROR is thrown if acessing the data would violate causality.

That said, all four of those (exact) entries returned an (ERROR: FOREKNOWLEDGE).
>> No. 7522
>>7519
>And as for Saku, we don't know her ID#.
"50th Marines Staff Sgt. Saku Korai" should be more than enough to find info on her, if there is any.
>> No. 7523
>>7521
>an ERROR is thrown if acessing the data would violate causality
So the encyclopedia is omniscient?

Did we look up Lord Yoakeya yet? Add that to the queue. [ENCYCLOPEDIA: "Lord Yoakeya"]
>> No. 7525
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: 28TH MARINES]

The 28th Marine Regiment was an infantry regiment, based on the planet-state of Alshain, orbiting the star Beta Aquilae. Under the direct command of Princess Houraisan Kaguya, they, along with the 7th Bomber Squadron, were sent to the star Tau Ceti during the Reclaimation in order to restore the Empire's soverignty in the area, and participated in the (ERROR: FOREKNOWLEDGE) Battle of Ceti III, in which they destroyed the orbiting fleet of Lord Daitate Tsuraina, before deploying on the planet. For nearly a month, they fought their way across the planet, almost in constant combat as they searched the planet's northern hemisphere for the renegade lord; by the time they had tracked him down and surrounded his position, their numbers had been reduced to around 500 soldiers; the subsequent last stand left only twelve survivors, who managed to fight through a veritable fortress and kill Daitate, restoring the Empire's rule to the planet by default. Of these survivors, all but two died from wounds sustained during battle...

~

>>7523

Sorta. I don't want you to know spoilers, is all. That, and information can change significantly depending on the routes you take.
>> No. 7526
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: 28th Marines]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: Tau Ceti III]
[STATUS: DETAILED]

At this point, we have pretty solid evidence that Reisen's trauma had military involvement, given the connection to the 28th Marines, and that she was the genesis of the event (or at least thought so). Maybe she was an experimental bioweapon that went berserk or a child soldier given extermination orders to put down a rebellion? The specific location appears to be Tau Ceti III. The event (and more specifically, Resien's guilt) is what allowed Eirin to gain so much control over her, so this is a possible reason she didn't want Reisen going to Tau Ceti and why Reisen disobeyed her.

The relevant bits:

>(You would run around on little marbles, along their craggy hillsides, cracked dirt screaming for water. Slaughtering man, woman and child alike, spilling their blood on pure white snow, in the service of the eternal Princess of the Moon.)

>Brothers and sisters laying dismembered on the cold ground, faces soaked with tears and blood as your futile attempts to save them fail again and again... Streets awash with blood, apartment towers going up in flames, little wavelets of flames, chars of ash that were once children dropping from the windows. And, strangely, the slight sheen of silvery threads, distorted by a curtain of tears...
>{Ceti III. Ten years ago. You were killing ten years ago. You killed everyone ten years ago.}
>{And then you came to me, broken and alone.}

>You open your eyes again, to find yourself in a past body, still small and childlike, sitting in someone's lap you cannot see. The tiny messengers of winter begin to descend, gradually becoming a fury of feathery soft. And as you lose count of these little messengers, you think back to the fires of that place...
>The things that could not be counted.
>The things you killed without abandon...

>On the desk, a single photo breaks the uniform trash: slightly scratched and faded, it depicts a wide, rolling ocean, vivid cerulean waves sprawling out for miles, wispy clouds encircling a single red moon. On the back, there are three words, and a date:
>“12/22”
>“REMEMBER THE 28TH”
>December. 28th.
>You remember a 28th Marines... but it couldn't be them.
>They all died.
>Their deaths flash through your mind, fresh as yesterday. Skewered, shattered, mutilated... a grisly parody of life. Dead hands, still reaching towards you, still grasping for the empty air... things that were people, now crawling and begging for mama...
>With a slightly shaky hand, you put the photo back, quickly shoving it beneath the piles. Involuntarily, your eyes screw shut, trying to forget...
>It's not your fault, you tell yourself, trying to breathe normally. It's not your fault.
>You breathe. In, and out.
>The snow.
>Yes, the snow.
>> No. 7527
>>7526

Just barely a slowpoke... But I wouldn't make you a generic "destined one" like that. Look up for 28th Marine entry.
>> No. 7529
>>7525
>Of these survivors, all but two died from wounds sustained during battle...

Shit. We pretty much HAVE to save this 'Ryoku person now.

[ENCYCLOPEDIA: First Battle of Ceti III]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: Lord Daitate Tsuraina]

Clever sensor job with the (ERROR: FOREKNOWLEDGE). Hopefully we can come to terms with the rebels in the second iteration before we need to deploy ground units.
>> No. 7532
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: LUNAR EXPANSIONS AND THE RECLAMATION]

After the Youkai Incursions, the Lunarians had perfected a type of spatial distortion from examining the powers of the Earthling invaders. By warping the spacetime around an object, vessels could achieve relatively faster than light speeds, while having a slower than light local speed. This same technique allowed for the creation of shields, which, operating on a similar principle, simply refracted projectiles away from a target. Together, these technologies allowed for safe and relatively fast travel through a wide reigon of space, jump starting the Lunar Empire's expansion beyond the solar system.

The then loose politcal system of the Empire at the time, however, meant that this technology did not spread evenly; instead, the noble house that discovered these miracles, House Korai, kept them a closely guarded secret, making a large fortune off of selling the research to the other major houses and ferrying the smaller houses across stars. Five hundred years later, six stars had been completely colonized by a variety of houses - the primary six the Empire still has today - and almost all of them had discovered the secret on their own. House Korai, now almost a shadow empire in its own right, was quickly overwhelmed trying to keep the houses from fighting each other for territory; soon, they turned on Korai itself. Although they had much power, they were very few in number; the house relinquished its control four hundred and fifty years after that, as the smaller houses chipped away at their population, until they were nearly extinct. When their common enemy was vanquished, the houses then returned to their infighting.

It seemed as though the Empire would fall into a dark age, fragmenting into these planet-states, but at that point many desperate Houses, almost destroyed by the mindless warring, came back to the Capital to beg for the Princess' help. She accepted, on the condition that all houses would have to give up their autonomy and submit forever to House Houraisan. They promptly agreed. She then gave her Adjutant control over the armed forces of all the loyal houses.

With the combined fleets of the loyal houses, and the massive personal army of the Imperial Guard, Eirin Yagokoro unleashed half a century of absolute hell upon the Empire.

All planets were given a choice: give up their autonomy like their brethren, and rejoin the Empire, or be exterminated. Almost all immediately surrendered. The ones that didn't were bombed, immolated, and invaded; after these fifty years, all resistant Houses had either given up or were eradicated, at the cost of billions of lives on both sides. But the Empire was stable again...
>> No. 7536
>>7532
>House Korai, now almost a shadow empire in its own right, was quickly overwhelmed trying to keep the houses from fighting each other for territory; soon, they turned on Korai itself. Although they had much power, they were very few in number; the house relinquished its control four hundred and fifty years after that, as the smaller houses chipped away at their population, until they were nearly extinct.

We should question Saku about her lineage obviously. Considering that the only way Kaguya and Eirin were able to gain control was Korai's destabilization, maybe the remaining members hold a grudge against House Houraisan for being the sacrificial lamb in their power play.

>With the combined fleets of the loyal houses, and the massive personal army of the Imperial Guard, Eirin Yagokoro unleashed half a century of absolute hell upon the Empire.
>All planets were given a choice: give up their autonomy like their brethren, and rejoin the Empire, or be exterminated. Almost all immediately surrendered. The ones that didn't were bombed, immolated, and invaded; after these fifty years, all resistant Houses had either given up or were eradicated, at the cost of billions of lives on both sides. But the Empire was stable again...

Jesus fuck, Eirin.
>> No. 7538
>>7536

But Saku's only a pet of the house, so yeah.
>> No. 7539
>>7538

Doesn't mean she isn't working under secret orders, much as we are for the Adjutant.
>> No. 7540
Nothing's won yet...

Throw more votes, more votes!
>> No. 7544
[x] "Open a channel with the Adjutant, Patuxent; patch it into to my quarters. Make sure the conversation is recorded and encrypted."
[x] "Brahe, scan the Night for any odd signatures, emissions, weight, bioreadings, superficial structural changes, anything that wasn't here before we arrived. Commandeer the dock sensors and those of surrounding ships if you have to; I don't want to reach Tau Ceti to find that the Adjutant has left us with a premature going away present."
[x] "All other crew get to your stations and prepare for departure."

Aboard this ship you are Captain. Somewhere else you may be a rabbit, a test subject, a servant, a subcommander, or an assassin, but here your will is absolute and your responsibility to the crew paramount.
>> No. 7562
Just listing the entries that haven't been given written up yet. No rush for most of them.

[ENCYCLOPEDIA: Tau Ceti III]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: First Battle of Ceti III]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: Lord Daitate Tsuraina]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: Moon Rabbits]
[STATUS: DETAILED]

More important, we need to know how our craft measures up to the rebelling INS Enlightened at Dawn Sol-class carrier:

[ENCYCLOPEDIA: INS Immortal Empress]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: INS To Eternity]
[ENCYCLOPEDIA: INS Night Unbroken]

The Empress we at least know is a carrier, but we don't know about Eternity and our own ship (a cruiser I assume).
>> No. 7563
File 12166450045.gif - (6.01KB , 111x185 , hig_bc_research.gif ) [iqdb]
7563
UNKNOWN VESSEL "To Eternity"

Constructed: UNKNOWN
Status: In active service
Class: UNKNOWN COMMAND CRUISER (Customized Vessel)
Dimensions: 200 meters x 688 meters
Crew Compliment: 68
Max. sensor range: Unknown, at least 2 AU
Armament: 15 point defense turrets (beam), small; 8 beam turrets, large; 4 mass driver turrets, medium; 6 UNKNOWN
Tactical notes: This is Eirin's main vessel, the ones she goes out to do things with; the rest are frigates, mostly unarmed yachts she lets Kaguya use. The main arms have a nearly 360 degree firing arc on the ship's horizontal plane, but (ERROR: FOREKNOWLEDGE); the only real blind spot is below, just under the fuselage. How a ship's supposed to get there, however, is another story.

Larger ships are screwed in a one on one fight against this monster; no matter where they go, at least one section will be in range of its beams. With the possible exception of some faster frigates, only corvettes and fighters have the speed and manuverability to evade its attacks, which is very, very good for you.

(ERROR: FOREKNOWLEDGE)

~~

CoAA-92 "Night Unbroken"

Constructed: Febuary 8, 259 Era 4
Status: In active service; Commanded by Player
Class: Customized Imperial Guard Corvette; possibly based on Selene-class assault corvette?
Dimensions: 60 meters x 100 meters
Crew: 49, including 24 marines
Max sensor range: > 2.25 AU
Armament: 8 point defense turrets (danmaku); 2 beam turrets, small; 4 beam turrets, medium; 2 mass driver cannons, medium, forward mount

Tactical notes: The Night has a 360 degree firing arc on its vertical plane; there are blind spots along the horizontal 5 and 7 o'clock, where the sensor booms that give the vessel its large sensor range get in the turrets' way. If you want weapons, this isn't your corvette; there are vessels in this class armed with far, far better guns. What the Night lacks in strength, however, it gains significantly in speed and maneuverability; the better navigation officers could probably evade some point defense systems with this ship.

In a fight, you should use the advantage of your wide vertical arc; with larger frigates and cruisers, you can circle around them, raining fire while staying out of the arc of their turrets, or just stay above or below them, where many designs have their blind spots. Against the smaller frigates and corvettes, you can use your speed advantage to stay just out of their range.

Just try not to get hit too many times. Corvettes are notoriously fragile, and the Night's no exception. A flight of bombers could take her out within a minute, if your turrets didn't remove the threat. Shields will fail after two-three grazing hits by a large beam; the hull won't last much longer.

~

And now I get to writan. That's all the history lessons for now, until MISSION COMPLETE.
>> No. 7564
>>7563

If worst came to worst we could come in at a safe angle, unload all guns at her ventral cargo bay/hanger, and ram the Night into the Eternity's now-softened cavity at max speed.

Eirin's ship has about the about the same number of crew, but they're covering a much larger ship, and she has no marines complement. The Night would have to be left for scrap, but the Eternity gets away with only a busted hanger. Then we commandeer its massive guns to take out all the surrounding capital ships, and finally warp off to parts unknown.

Something to think about if Eirin ever decides to double-cross us in so theatrical a manner.
>> No. 7576
[x] Send a message accepting conditions to the Adjutant, and depart

Movin' along.
>> No. 7582
>>7563
She's the size of a Sovereign Class and has a crew complement of 68?
>> No. 7585
>>7582

I assume the ship is heavily automated. Most of the internal space is probably dedicated to powering those six massive experimental guns.
>> No. 7601
File 121669102711.jpg - (184.35KB , 537x480 , 1208276_m.jpg ) [iqdb]
7601
>>7525
>That, and information can change significantly depending on the routes you take.

We can change the past?

>>7564
>and she has no marines complement
Dangerous assumption.
>> No. 7603
>>7601
>Dangerous assumption.

A marines contingent would be mentioned in the specifications like with the other ships.
>> No. 7605
File 121670762840.jpg - (76.08KB , 319x450 , 1178628938339.jpg ) [iqdb]
7605
>>7603
Only if the specifications are accessed by an omniscient system, which the encyclopedia isn't (so far as we can use it), as evidenced by the unknown entries and errors. It doesn't have to mention that something is unknown for us not to know it--it only needs to be omitted. For that matter, the ship is large enough for Eirin to place all kinds of things on board that wouldn't be considered within its specifications, as they are nonstandard.

Eirin cannot be trusted--though we may continue working for her regardless, just as she doesn't trust Reisen. Unthinking information depositories are likewise fallible.
>> No. 7606
"Patuxent, hail the Eternity over my personal line. Monitor the entire transmission. Brahe?"

"Sir?"

"Do a full scan over the Night, over all metrics. Report any differences or anomalies; I don't care how small. We don't need any surprises in the middle of warp... All other crew, get to your stations now - we are departing immediately."

A flurry of affirmation returns from the pit, the few inactive crew coming in from below to the pit. Meanwhile, a high pitched whine of the channel encryption keens through your head, making you grasp your head in pain.

When you look back up, the Eternity's bridge is plastered over the screen, a huge, spacious building in and of itself. A good hundred feet above her crew, Eirin turns to look at the channel camera; a tiny, almost invisible smirk is on her lips. Coolly, she greets:

"Commander."

A kind of pride betrays her impassiveness; it's hard to say whether or not that was intended.

"Adjutant.", you reply in turn, saluting.

"At ease. Will you be joining us, Reisen?"

"With all due respect, we don't have any other option, my lady...", you say, before a ping from the console cuts you off. Below the map-sphere is a report from Sensors:

{ SHIP CLEAN; NO ANOMALIES }

You look back up, continuing:

"...We accept the conditions in your transmission, and are departing now."

"Very well. Form up with my battlegroup, and enter warp. Control of your subgroup will be transferred then."

"Roger, Adjutant - " you nod to Patuxent, approving the order - "we are establishing contact with the fleet. Navigation is entering formation, and charging warp bubble now."

. The other divisions set to work, and the map begins shifting with the ship's movement; a cyan line streches off in the Eternity's direction. The flashing group indicators become a solid green, with the Night outlined in gold.

"Warp charged... jumping now, Captain.", Nav sleepily notes. "80% max to keep up with our formation."

"Good.", you commend, before returning to speak with Eirin. "Adjutant, readiness green."

"Then let the briefing commence.", she declares. "Although there's very little new. Your group and the Empress' will keep watch over my ship and the rebel command ship, DNS Dusklight, while we attempt to negotiate a peace accord. Should the Pact open fire for any reason whatsoever"- she puts extra stress on 'any' - "you will engage the rebel fleet. That is all."

"Understood.", you acknowledge. "Permission to speak freely, my lady?"

She thinks for a second, an odd, hollow sound wisping over the channel.

"...Granted. So long as you keep it on private, of course."

[ ] Write-in

~

Goddamnit. God. Damnit. 4 AM is a new record.

Goodnight, until tomorrow, for tomorrow's what never comes~
>> No. 7616
>>7605
It's a wiki. Vandalize articles for fun.
>> No. 7617
[Encyclopedia: DNS Dusklight]

[x] "Is there any possibility of taking the Dawn by infiltration? Their sensor officer is a loyalist and they have no marines on board; if we can signal to her, we should be able to land the Empress' dropship in their bay without anyone noticing. If we take Yoakeya alive, we can ensure the other five ships under his command to stand down, and second, we won't have to damage any of the Dawn's valuable systems making her combat ready more quickly."
[x] "You said 'commander'. Was I just promoted?"
>> No. 7618
>>7616

You're a bad person.
>> No. 7619
>>7617
i've no idea what you're talking about but it's a big write-in so it'll probably work

{X} "Is there any possibility of taking the Dawn by infiltration? Their sensor officer is a loyalist and they have no marines on board; if we can signal to her, we should be able to land the Empress' dropship in their bay without anyone noticing. If we take Yoakeya alive, we can ensure the other five ships under his command to stand down, and second, we won't have to damage any of the Dawn's valuable systems making her combat ready more quickly."
{X} "You said 'commander'. Was I just promoted?"
>> No. 7620
File 121675064836.jpg - (470.02KB , 1024x768 , 1191288761907.jpg ) [iqdb]
7620
<Cruentus> "Yoakeya's leading five other ships, presumably also defecting with him."
<QWL> read that as Eirin's subgroup
<QWL> each subgroup has a 2nd in command under the lead
<QWL> (the lead in Eirin's being the Eternity, the 2nd being the Dawn)

>>7617
Probably not possible en route.

[X] "When the fighting starts, what can I expect from the Dawn and Empress?"
>> No. 7621
I have made a grave mistake, possibly. To clarify the fleet's structure:

INS To Eternity commands:
2 frigates, 3 corvettes, all under secondary command of INS Enlightened at Dawn

INS Immortal Empress commands:
5 vessels, all corvettes

INS Night Unbroken commands:
5 vessels, all corvettes

Retcon is a good friend.

Additionally, [STATUS:DETAILED]:

LOYALTY: NEUTRAL
RANK: SUBCOMMANDER, PENDING PROMOTION TO COMMANDER
MAGIC LEVEL: 2
MAGIC GAIN PER TURN (BATTLE): 6%
SPELLS AVAILABLE:
(LUNATIC EYES)
* INTIMIDATE Lvl. 2 (-60% Morale to Multiple targets for 2 turns, 60% Magic)
* RALLY Lvl. 1 (+100% Morale to Ship for 2 turns, 100% Magic)

(DANMAKU)
* NORMAL SHOT (15 dmg, 7% Magic)
* SNIPER SHOT (80 dmg, 35% Magic)

RESISTANCES:
+50% to Charm and Intimidate
+5% to Danmaku
-5% to Kinetic

I must begin to organize this...
>> No. 7622
>RANK: SUBCOMMANDER, PENDING PROMOTION TO COMMANDER
Additionally,
[X] "You said 'commander'. Was I just promoted?"
>> No. 7623
>>7620
>Probably not possible en route.

There will be time during the negotiations. Their plan is to break from us when the negotiations are over.
>> No. 7625
>>7623
Infighting during negotiations with a rebel leader? That's an even worse idea.
>> No. 7627
>INS To Eternity commands: 2 frigates, 3 corvettes, all under secondary command of INS Enlightened at Dawn

Huh. So much for: "Yoakeya's leading five other ships, presumably also defecting with him."
Though if they ARE all in league with Yoakeya then...Eirin's got a really interesting choice in the ships she put under her command.
>> No. 7628
>>7627

They are. It's all keikaku.
>> No. 7631
Voets plz?
>> No. 7633
[x] "It's fine if I destroy them all, right?"

Heh.
>> No. 7635
Can't delete previous posts, set password wrong somehow. Changing vote to this.

[X] Suggest an alternate plan that would allow for full use of the Dawn and greater political benefit. If the adjutant is willing to listen, outline the following. First, placement of a loyal marine complement aboard the Dawn. Do not activate the transmitter during the negotiations except as a contingency. Contact the loyalist officer in whatever way possible (such as by one of the marines sent onboard, using encoded/physical communication), and instruct her to take the captain hostage during negotiations, a distraction that will allow the marines to perform a quick takeover of the ship. Fire on and slaughter the rebels. Use bridge recordings from the Dawn as propoganda and justification.

[X] Pause.

[X] "You said 'commander'. Was I just promoted?"
>> No. 7636
[X] Suggest an alternate plan that would allow for full use of the Dawn and greater political benefit. If the adjutant is willing to listen, outline the following. First, placement of a loyal marine complement aboard the Dawn. Do not activate the transmitter during the negotiations except as a contingency. Contact the loyalist officer in whatever way possible (such as by one of the marines sent onboard, using encoded/physical communication), and instruct her to take the captain hostage during negotiations, a distraction that will allow the marines to perform a quick takeover of the ship. Fire on and slaughter the rebels. Use bridge recordings from the Dawn as propoganda and justification.
>> No. 7638
[X] Suggest an alternate plan that would allow for full use of the Dawn and greater political benefit. If the adjutant is willing to listen, outline the following. First, placement of a loyal marine complement aboard the Dawn. Do not activate the transmitter during the negotiations except as a contingency. Contact the loyalist officer in whatever way possible (such as by one of the marines sent onboard, using encoded/physical communication), and instruct her to take the captain hostage during negotiations, a distraction that will allow the marines to perform a quick takeover of the ship. Fire on and slaughter the rebels. Use bridge recordings from the Dawn as propoganda and justification.

[X] Pause.

[X] "You said 'commander'. Was I just promoted?"
>> No. 7640
Writan!
>> No. 7644
>>7627
>Though if they ARE all in league with Yoakeya then...Eirin's got a really interesting choice in the ships she put under her command.

I think part of her plan is to make a display of the Eternity's firepower to the rebels. Those two frigates would be easy prey for her guns, and the corvettes could be dealt with by our own.
>> No. 7649
File 121678274516.jpg - (122.05KB , 500x500 , 1185934775625.jpg ) [iqdb]
7649
>>7644
Eirin's plan was to have the Dawn be hit by the rebel traitor, and then to commandeer the Dawn and all the ships under it. They wouldn't be destroyed.