[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121373910679.jpg - (85.74KB , 1019x979 , moon.jpg ) [iqdb]
5701 No. 5701
So, it's unanimous: I get to write my story.

Regarding ground rules:

* Write-ins are ok
* Combined choices are ok
* Stupid decisions, NOT OK.
* Difficulty: Easy outside combat.

With that said, GAME START.

>> No. 5702
Loading... Loading... Done!

Autosaving.

~

You can't sleep.

Simple as that. Every time you try it, just try to relax, you get this falling
feeling, like you're a thousand feet in the air...

The feeling jolts you awake every time. And every time, you wake to the same thing.

nothing, just your quarters, dark and silent, except now a little more silent as the night passes by; the windows, still a dull grey, inactive as the ship travels through the warp bubble. At this point, you've lost count of how many times you've gotten that falling feeling; probably at least seven or eight times. Checking the time, it's 2:18.

Groaning, you toss about in bed, trying very hard to ignore the sensation.

You drift off into your dreams again. Mercifully, the falling feeling has decided not to torture you again, and the outside world fades away under the blank cover of sleep. Already scenes flash through your mind, memories long gone...

(You would run around on little marbles, along their craggy hillsides, cracked dirt screaming for water. Slaughtering man, woman and child alike, spilling their blood on pure white snow, in the service of the eternal Princess of the Moon.)

Eventually, you dissapear under that cozy feeling as well, forgetting everything.

You dream of...

[ ] Burning skies, and the scent of blood.
[ ] Solders along a pastel road.
[ ] A tower on a pure white rock.
>> No. 5703
[X] A tower on a pure white rock.
>> No. 5704
>>5701
[ ] A tower on a pure white rock.

Freudian reference to COCKS.
>> No. 5705
[ ] Soldiers along a pastel road.
>> No. 5706
[X] Burning skies, and the scent of blood.

Voting for this because it reminds me of Oblivion.
>> No. 5707
>>5703

Hey guys, you know this means Kaguya, right?
>> No. 5708
[x] Solders along a pastel road.

udongeee
>> No. 5709
So, what are we here?
>> No. 5710
>>5702
[ ] A tower on a pure white cock.
>> No. 5711
>>5702

[ ] A tower of pure meat, a pillar of faith, if you will
>> No. 5712
>>5711
I always knew you liked cocks.
>> No. 5713
[ ] A tower of pure meat, a pillar of faith, if you will.

Oh u.
>> No. 5714
[ ] A tower of pure meat, a pillar of faith, if you will.

TOWER OF MEATEL
>> No. 5715
[X] Dream about a giant snake diving in to the ocean, stabbing an apple with a thick sword, or shooting a smooth black pistol all over the place.
>> No. 5716
>>5715

Welcome to the N.H.K!

[ x ] Burning skies, and the scent of blood.
Lunar War?
>> No. 5717
You dream of a faraway rock, hiding behind a blue marble. Soaring over battlements and gates, the wall ensconcing a palace spanning half a world. You land at the last gate, right before the palace proper, the guards parting at your approach.

This place you call the Moon. Centerpiece to the beloved Lunar Empire, and home to the even more beloved Princess.

Entering one of the trams, you sit down as it begins departure, quickly accelerating to supersonic speeds, whisking you away to the central underground tower, the palace observatory. Seconds later, you are ascending a dark flight of stairs, lit only by long rows of plasma. The room you enter is equally dark. Surrounding you is a panoramic view of the inky black outside, a blue sphere disturbing the uniformity of the scene. Symbols encircle the delicate marble, and the image enlarges twicefold, before becoming covered in various markers, boxes describing attributes of the planet unfolding to the side. There is too much information to comprehend immediately, but you can make out at least two things: diamonds, denoting some sort of deployment, or... bombing target, and X's, linking together along the perimeter of the green landmasses.
>> No. 5720
So entranced are you by the torrent of data that you don't even notice the young girl seated in the center. Lit only by the dim glow of the screen, you can make out the outlines of a kimono, a size too big. She seems to be the one operating the system, delicate fingers dancing across the console in a blur, the screen complying dutifully, presenting and removing a flood of charts and menus. Within moments, the windows are whittled down, hiding away like frightened mice at your presence. She beckons for you, still turned away. With a nod, you walk up to the middle of the room, stopping right behind her; smiling, she gets up from her chair, handing you a note. Opening it, you see only a long jumble of words, changing and rearranging as you read it.

It's only nonsense, but a growing sense of terror grips you as you read the message further. Folding the message away, you gaze back at her, speechless.

“...This is your command?”, you ask, hesitant. The girl nods.

“The punishment...”

“...Is worse than death, I know.” The smile remains. “For me, there is no such thing.”

“And if I were not to fully comply?”

A pause.

“It would be... regrettable...”, she answers, with only a hint of sorrow, “but I could accept that, this one time.”

Silence fills the room, undisturbed for hours. Finally, you find the nerve to respond.

“...It will be done, Princess.”

A loud siren shatters the vision.
>> No. 5721
Brought back into reality, you feel the ground beneath you shaking, the windows flickering on and off. In seconds the shaking becomes a slight rumble, and the windows are restored to normat; the siren continues for a few seconds, as if to make sure you were up.

A quick look around reveals nothing new, aside from the lights now illuminating the room. Now that you can see it better, it's a little spartan. There are boxes strewn about, one or two open, but most taped shut, a desk, mounted on the wall, that has various papers still lying about, and a door panel leading to a recessed locker.

Something tugs at the back of your mind to just ignore the alarm, that whatever woke you up was a distraction, but you're up now, so you might as well get to work. You get out of bed, heading for the locker to change your clothes. A male voice cuts in on the PA.

"We're collapsing warp, sir. Sorry about the early wakeup, but we've got a transmission for you. Immediate priority."

Presumably from the Imperial Guard, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

[ ] "Patch it through."
[ ] "What's the source?"
>> No. 5722
[x] "What's the source?"
"Is it from a *silly cow*? They make me really *frumple*."
>> No. 5723
[ ] "What's the source?"
>> No. 5724
[ ] "Patch it through."
>> No. 5725
[ ] "What's the source?"
>> No. 5726
[x] "What's the source?"
>> No. 5727
[ ] "What's the source?"
>> No. 5728
TIPS: The message changes depending on your answer. Not that it matters this first time...
>> No. 5729
"Where's it from?", you ask, yawning as you type a code into the locker keypad. It slides open, revealing your jet black officer's uniform, still fairly new.

The PA guy pauses. "It's marked as coming from the Adjutant herself on Serenity Station, but that could be a forgery. We just left a day ago."

The Adjutant... Lady Yagokoro. You try to think, still stuck in the cloudy daze of sleep. It's not working very well.

She heads the Guard, doesn't she? Or was that the Princess?

"Did you check the signature?", you ask automatically, changing out of your nightgown and into your uniform. The locker shuts moments later.

"Ah, I didn't. Sorry. Uh... hash signature checks out."

"Very well. Patch it through."

"Yessir." He closes the line before you can respond, the Adjutant's voice playing in his stead. She sounds uncharacteristically stern...

{Good morning, Reisen. I assume you don't remember the events of the past few days; the amnesia will last for about another ten or twelve hours by the time you recieve this.}

{I'm going to put this in very simple terms: you're going the wrong way. Return to Luna immediately, and dock with Serenity Station in upper Earth orbit. Make sure to Dock Eight. By then, your memory should be restored; I'll meet you there. Come quickly; there is much to be discussed, and I have very little time to waste. Yagokoro out.}

Two beeps, and the message falls silent, leaving you only more confused. Ten minutes into the day, and already you seem to have pissed off one of the higher-ups... you shrug to yourself.

Shit happens, you suppose. You hurry to the bridge.

(Head hurts; thinking is hard; next part tommorow at 4 PM EST)
>> No. 5730
Holy shit, we're Reisen?

[x] Schlick
>> No. 5731
It seems like that's the case, which is fucking awesome.
>> No. 5733
I always hate to mention my memory when I'm away from what's vaguely familiar. My drinking glass. The black lighter, empty, but that's alright--all I'm interested in is the sparks, anyhow. Pill bottles, lined up one two three in a jagged little row.

It's not good to mention things, you see, because that's foreshadowing, coloring in the background with your own words, and of course you have to have something up front to match. Let's make a happy little conclusion. Concussion. Walloped by my own petard. Right?

I could stand it in the end, I think. I already live without looking ahead or behind me, barely. I can't remember what I did, and I don't know what I'll do, but I have to feeling that everything will surely work out in the end.

But for the people who have to do things, who have to make it work out in the end...you understand, right? You've got to remember. You've got to remember what you've remembered, and plan, and plan on planning. I couldn't do that with a day planner or a two-way docket, right? It'd take me too long to find out what I'd find out.
>> No. 5760
File 121382085449.png - (196.86KB , 643x483 , hwcata_kuunlan.png ) [iqdb]
5760
The bright lights inside are a distinct contrast from your comparatively dim quarters. Blinded by the change, you hiss in irritation, shielding your eyes as you enter.

When the blindness passes, you can see a short walkway leading to the center of the bridge, a thin, earless man waiting by the edge. Below you in a curving trench are the bridge officers, busily working at their stations. It seems even at rest, there is a lot of work to be done. However, what catches your eye is the gigantic main screen, unhindered by the glare of lights.

The screen stretches in a wide half circle, dwarfing the foreground. Currently, it displays a local map of the stars, a curve linking one star, Sol, to another, Tau Ceti. A circle traces the curve's path slowly, maybe about a third of the way to the other side, while a caption to the upper left reads “ETA: 48:04:16”, the last digits rapidly counting down. Smaller windows connected to three green dots within the circle each display a set of four or five ships in a V formation, individual group leads slightly larger than the rest.

The upper bridge ends in a dome, the glowing outlines of a sphere just above it. As you stride up to the center, the man turns to salute, the pit officers following suite. Bellowing loudly, he announces your presence.

“Captain on deck!”

That's the PA guy, you realize.

“At ease...”, you half-mumble, trying to figure out who's who in the pit. Half of them you don't recognize, but you can pick out at least three, all women: the Weapons Officer, HI-42 Heiseimi, Sensors Officer BE-02C Brahe, and FM-87, “Patuxent”, on Comms. They used to be squadmates back when you were in the Marines, and when you joined the Guard, you handpicked them for your crew. At least, that's what you remember.

In the back of your mind, you curse whatever the Adjutant's done to you... she didn't say what she did, only its effects. For all you know, that might all be false memories...

“Goddamnit Eirin...”, you mutter.

“...Sir?”

You blink. PA repeats himself.

“Is something the matter?”

You shake your head, before looking up at the screen. “Ah, just thinking of something.”

The dome winks to life under your gaze, showing a zoomed in map of the groups. One of the ships, yours you assume, is outlined in yellow. According to it, the small fleet around you is also headed for Tau Ceti.

“Bridge...”

[ ]”...What's our status?”
[ ]”...We're changing destination. Set course for Luna.”
[ ]”...Give me the fleet's status.”
>> No. 5761
Sorry about lateness; had to do some chores beforehand.

Also, [NEW RANK: SUBCOMMANDER].
Check [Status] for details.
>> No. 5763
P.P.S: Pick up to two choices.
>> No. 5764
[ ]”...We're changing destination. Set course for Luna.”
[ ]”...Give me the fleet's status.”
>> No. 5765
[x]”...We're changing destination. Set course for Luna.”
[x]”...Give me the fleet's status.”
>> No. 5766
[x]”...We're changing destination. Set course for Luna.”
[x]”...Give me the fleet's status.”
>> No. 5767
[+]”...What's our status?”
[+]”...Give me the fleet's status.”
>> No. 5768
☞ ”...Give me the fleet's status.”
☞ ”...We're changing destination. Set course for Luna.”
>> No. 5777
“...I need the fleet's status.”, you finish.

Brahe chirps a quick “Roger”, before enlarging the three fleet windows. All of the ships are tinted green, except for one frigate, INS Charitable In Belligerence, shaded in deep red. At your mini console, the corresponding ships take on those same colors, and their weapon arcs flash on and off.

“Fleets Alpha through Gamma were all green until about 20 minutes ago, when the Belligerence experienced life support failure, as well as partial engine failure.” The red ship zooms slightly, now almost completely green, except for a black skeleton and a red exhaust. “Cabin pressure is at zero, internal temperature at 8 degrees and dropping. However, they have refused to drop out of warp; they're in this even if it means death, Captain.” The ship returns to its former size and color, two bulkier vessels growing as the last one. A series of smaller ships materialize in a line next to both ships; on the mini console, the heads of the other two groups are outlined in yellow, as your ship is. “Carriers 'Immortal Empress' and 'Deliverance' are both at full health, and are fully stocked with eight bomber flights each. As for ETA, with Belligerence's engine problems, we will have to add about an extra 3 hour delay if formations are to be maintained.” Finished with her summary, the windows shrink back down. Another voice, the Tactical Officer, continues the report, switching the screen to an overhead view of the fleet.

“Ah, scouts have reported no hostility from the rebelling forces, so the operation will proceed as planned, ma'am. Groups Beta and Gamma will provide covering fire while we pierce through the blockade...” Beta and Gamma group slide forward, and eight sky blue lines pop up in reply, circled in orange; Alpha's V slides right through the middle, the wall of blue parting. “Distracted by the initial assault, there should be a large enough window of time to destroy their command station -” another circle at the upper right corner, which fades out as Alpha zooms up to it - “and escape safely... success is nearly certain, ma'am. Estimated casualties are one frigate, the Belligerence, for the previously mentioned system failures.”

This was...unexpected. A surprise attack – but the targets are all marked as friendly. You gulp uneasily. No time to figure out what's going on.

“I see...”

“Bridge, we're changing course.”

The clatter of keys abruptly ends, all eyes trained on you. Hushed whispers fill the bridge.

The Navigation Officer looks as though he just shat bricks.

“Sir!?”

[ ] “You heard me. Set course for Luna, and notify the fleet.”
[ ] “We're headed for Luna now; tell the fleet the operation has been aborted.”
[ ] “We. Are. Changing. Course. Now notify the fleet; we're returning to Luna.”

~

Nice choice. You might want to keep an eye on that crippled frigate...
>> No. 5784
>Also, [NEW RANK: SUBCOMMANDER].
>Check [Status] for details.

[x] [status]

Subcommander? Not sure we have operative control of the fleet.
>> No. 5786
>>5784

Ordinarily you'd only have authority over one group of ships at best, but right now is a special situation; The fleet is basically a mob right now, under your complete control.
>> No. 5788
>“Cabin pressure is at zero, internal temperature at 8 degrees and dropping. However, they have refused to drop out of warp; they're in this even if it means death, Captain.”

Zero cabin pressure means they must all be suited and are reliant on tank oxygen.

[x] "We have new orders. Set course for Luna, and notify the fleet."
[x] "Brahe, double check & confirm those readings on the Belligerence with the Immortal Empress and the Deliverance; I need her bio-readings and how long her crew can survive without life support, and keep attention on her reactor status as well."
[x] "Patuxent, hail the Belligerence. I want to see her bridge on-screen in five."
[x] "Heiseimi, be at the ready to fire warning shots across the Belligerence's bow or to take out her engines for boarding. We aren't going to let her crew suicide on a mission that has been aborted."
>> No. 5789
[x] "We have new orders. Set course for Luna, and notify the fleet."
[x] "Brahe, double check & confirm those readings on the Belligerence with the Immortal Empress and the Deliverance; I need her bio-readings and how long her crew can survive without life support, and keep attention on her reactor status as well."
[x] "Patuxent, hail the Belligerence. I want to see her bridge on-screen in five."
[x] "Heiseimi, be at the ready to fire warning shots across the Belligerence's bow or to take out her engines for boarding. We aren't going to let her crew suicide on a mission that has been aborted."
>> No. 5790
[x] Alone time
[x] Masturbate furiously

In all seriousness, I back up >>5788 completely.

He seems to know what he's doing.

[x] "We have new orders. Set course for Luna, and notify the fleet."
[x] "Brahe, double check & confirm those readings on the Belligerence with the Immortal Empress and the Deliverance; I need her bio-readings and how long her crew can survive without life support, and keep attention on her reactor status as well."
[x] "Patuxent, hail the Belligerence. I want to see her bridge on-screen in five."
[x] "Heiseimi, be at the ready to fire warning shots across the Belligerence's bow or to take out her engines for boarding. We aren't going to let her crew suicide on a mission that has been aborted."
>> No. 5806
>'Resonant With an Infinity of Tones'
HA HA NOTHING TO SEE HERE

[STATUS]
'Resonant With Vivid Tones'
Subcommander RN-13B REISEN
COMMANDING: INS Night Unbroken
AUTHORITY: Full command over local strike group; secondary command over fleet
HEALTH: 100%
ARMOR: 100%
MAGIC: 100%
EFFECTS: none

~

Paying the officer no mind, you address the bridge.

“We have new orders from the Adjutant. Primary objective is to return to Serenity Station; set course for Luna, and notify the fleet to return to previous official duties. Secondary objectives are to escort the Charitable In Belligerence to Phobos for repairs, and analyze the cause of her life support failure. Brahe...”

“Captain?”

“Keep constant scans of the Belligerence: power transfer and bioscans. Estimate crew survivability and confirm those readings with the Immortal Empress and the Deliverance; Patuxent, hail her, ASAP. I needed a channel half an hour ago.”

Your officers get to work immediately with a quick “Right away”. Your console switches out the map for a range of numbers, reading “12-48 hrs”. Mere moments later, the channel opens, and the main screen blinks, once, twice, before you see the darkened bridge of the frigate. The only light on her bridge is coming from the main screen; fortunately the crew all seem to be wearing helmets, faces shrouded by the transparent black-silver shield of their suits. A faint buzzing fills the room, shifting and modulating with the signal.

You try to speak with them, see if they're still alive.

“INS Charitable in Belligerence, can you respond?”

The squat center figure, presumably her captain, turns its head up, and nods. Before it speaks, you can hear a clicking noise.

“Yeah, we hear you, Night. Not too well in these suits, but reasonably well. Uh, we received a transmission that the operation has been aborted?” Another click.

“Yes. Orders from the Adjutant came in this morning; we are going to escort you home first. What's your status? Has the crew evacuated?”

“Affirmative, most of the crew's been picked up by the Empress and Deliverance. In terms of evacuating, we're in pretty bad condition; engines can't reach past 60% power, and there's reason to believe ship sabotage. There's not much failsafe oxygen in the support tanks... maybe eight hours or less, but our suits are still reasonably full. Should be able to make it back to Sol.”

Brahe cuts in.

“Confirmed, sir. Readings indicate her remaining crew are all suited, and reactor stable; there is one reactor capacitor at a dangerously low charge. Suits about ninety-six percent full and are enchanted. They should be good for another forty hours. ETA to Sol is around fifteen.”

“Good. Nav, bring us both back up to warp. Keep us just ahead of her.”

Navigation, still jittered, mutters a quiet “yesmam”. You turn your attention back to the channel.

“Now, Captain... you suspect sabotage?”
>> No. 5807
“Sure of it. The reactor's left capacitor discharged, melting life support and fried one of the engine exhaust ports; twenty were killed instantly. Problem's that the reactor's output never increased. Our power transfer's system-managed outside of dock, Reisen. The output must have been redirected to that capacitor on purpose. We haven't identified the instigator yet, but whoever they are, they're most likely alive. They haven't decided to make any more moves if they are, though.”

“I see. Brahe, keep an eye on power transfer on board the Belligerence.” Already at work, she nods. “Belligerence, form up with us; we're going to warp out in five. We'll stop over at Phobos to bring you in for repairs before we make the jump to Luna.”

The ship's captain acknowledges the command, before barking out orders to his crew.

“Moving to you now... Sir, before we make the jump, can I have a private word with you?”

[] Yes
[] No
>> No. 5808
[x] Yes
>> No. 5810
[z] Yes
>> No. 5812
[x] Yes

in during eyeh4x
>> No. 5815
“Patuxent, redirect channel audio to my receiving frequency.”

She hits a few keys, and the ringing of a tuning fork enters your mind.

“Can they hear us?”, the captain asks. No reaction in the pit.

“You're fine. Go ahead, Belligerence.”

“Thank you. Captain, I just want to say...if you see anything suspicious from us, even if we just drift off course for a second, just have a turret pointing the wrong way... then kill us. Burn the ship, and then when you're done, burn the wreckage until it's nothing but slag. Make sure nothing escapes alive.”

You don't know what to say.

“Did you hear me, sir?”

Thinking for a moment, you finally speak.

“...I heard you, Belligerence. Please, get into position and prepare for warp.”

The captain sounds as if he's going to say something, but then hesitates.

“Understood, sir. We are in position and ready to make the jump. Charitable In Belligerence, signing off.”

There's a clicking in your head as the window closes, the main screen returning to the star map. You glance over to Heiseimi.

"Heiseimi, lock on the Belligerence's...”

[ ]”Engine. Limit weapons charge.”
[ ]”Command pod and engine. Bring weapons to full strength, and be prepared to shoot.”
>> No. 5816
>>5812

So close!
>> No. 5817
>>sir

Huh? Aren't we Reisen?
[ ]”Command pod and engine. Bring weapons to full strength, and be prepared to shoot.”
>> No. 5818
>>5817

Gender neutral; not everyone's going to address you as "ma'am".

Well, I'll make sure most will next time, but not everyone.
>> No. 5819
[x]”Command pod and engine. Bring weapons to full strength, and be prepared to shoot.”

Leave nothing, not even space dust.
>> No. 5820
[X] ”Command pod and engine. Bring weapons to full strength, and be prepared to shoot.”
>> No. 5823
Remarkably agressive, Anon. I like it!

~

“Heiseimi, lock on the Belligerence's command pod and engine. Weapons to full.”

She stares at you for a beat, confused.

"Wh- I can't possibly-"

"That's an order.”, you interrupt. “Don't take your eyes off her for a second."

“You're asking me to get ready to kill them!”

“I know. But we don't understand the situation entirely. The saboteur may be part of the skeleton crew; if so, they are on the bridge, and have enough control over the ship to kill us, one way or another. I'm not going to risk a hundred or so on this ship for ten on that cripple. Even their captain considered that foolish.”

Silence. You continue your explanation.

“As you said, I'm not asking you to kill them. Only to get ready to, should something happen.”

After a minute or two... she gives in, sighing forlornly.

"...At once, ma'am.”

Beeping twice, the mini console returns to the 3D map, two red lines tethering your ship to the Belligerence; the screen turns an aggressive shade of red.

“Targets locked and ready to fire on your mark, Captain."

“Good, keep it that way. Nav, make the jump; we're wasting valuable time.” A slightly more confident “Roger” emerges from the left of the pit.

“Spatial bubble formed, sir; jumping... now.”

As the officer speaks, the ship rocks, as though tossed about. The miniature in your sphere blasts away from its tether, the straggler vanished; then, the tiny frigate catches up, it too riding on the distorted space. The one circle splits into three, the other two going off onto their own hidden paths, before fading away.

“Warp active; traveling at 40% of maximum. ETA to Phobos, 13 hours, 43 minutes... Assuming we don't kill each other in transit, it'll be a smooth ride...”

(TBC tomorrow)
>> No. 5824
I will begin at 11 AM tomorrow, since it seems people don't vote much after 4 or so. It's been a little quiet; comments would be much appreciated...
>> No. 5826
>>5824
Brit fag detected.

Anyway, more focus on Reisen as a Touhou is what I'd like.
>> No. 5832
>>5826
>Anyway, more focus on Reisen as a Touhou is what I'd like.

Seems she's still a loyal soldier of the moon with some amnesia at this point. She hasn't left her comrades to die yet which, going by Siki, is the reason for her despair.
>> No. 5841
Short lead in, before the main event. You're not out of danger yet; stay frosty.
~

“Now's not the time for jokes, Navigation.”, you berate. “Keep us on track.”

“Of course, Captain. But with all due respect, this whole affair seems to have been wasted effort...”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Sir, do you not remember? We came all the way out here on your orders.”

Why would you plan an assault on a friendly station?

“...Elaborate, Nav. What have I been doing these past few days?”

The officer coughs uneasily, nervous at being singled out.

“Ah, well... you said we were going to end the rebellion before it started, Captain.”, he begins. “A few days ago, you stormed on board and said we were headed for Ceti III; next thing we knew, you got a fleet together from a bunch of nearby stations, and drew up some battle plans...”

That “rebellion” again... is this why you were drugged? This doesn't make sense.

“I-I'm not doubting your command, sir! It just seemed odd!”

[ ]”...Bridge, is this true?”
[ ]”...Nav, what rebellion?”
>> No. 5849
[x]”...Nav, what rebellion?”
>> No. 5851
[ ]”...Nav, what rebellion?”
>> No. 5857
>>5841

[x] "Honestly Nav, I don't understand all this either, just that we're likely involved in highly political maneuvering for the Adjutant. It's not the first time she's grossly defied standards & protocol in her commands and probably won't be the last, either; I just try to keep the price in lives down."
>> No. 5872
☞ "Honestly Nav, I don't understand all this either, just that we're likely involved in highly political maneuvering for the Adjutant. It's not the first time she's grossly defied standards & protocol in her commands and probably won't be the last, either; I just try to keep the price in lives down."
>> No. 5875
Reisen of the Rebellion.
>> No. 5876
[x] "Honestly Nav, I don't understand all this either, just that we're likely involved in highly political maneuvering for the Adjutant. It's not the first time she's grossly defied standards & protocol in her commands and probably won't be the last, either; I just try to keep the price in lives down."
>> No. 5877
>>5857

Let me just say, sir, that you may be a genius. Writan now.

>>5875

Hmm, that would be an interesting route...
>> No. 5878
If I were to use first to five instead of three next time, would that be ok?
>> No. 5879
>>5878
Seems to be very few people who vote, how about first to win, like in the old GM days.
>> No. 5882
Under your breath, you laugh humorlessly. What incident did you just narrowly avoid causing?

It doesn't matter now.

“Nav, don't worry about it. I understand your confusion.”

All too well... all too well, you think to yourself as you continue.

“To be honest, I don't quite get the situation myself... most likely, this operation was meant to be the first shot in a shadow war. It wouldn't be first time the Adjutant violated basic protocol to accomplish her goals; it certainly won't be the last. But rebels or not, those people are still our friends and family first. We must take steps to resolve this conflict peacefully before we consider starting a war.”

You take a deep breath, to calm your frayed nerves. “But first, we get home. Bridge, status report.”

One by one, each officer answers, first the nervous navigation officer.

“Navigation reporting, sir; engines are green, and we're running at 40% output to match pace with the Belligerence.”

“Heiseimi reporting. Weapons green, captain. Rear beam turrets are armed at 110% charge, targeted on the Belligerence and ready to fire. Shields are at 100% and holding.”

“The sensors array is fully operational, captain; scanning range is set to maximum, ECCM inactive. We have one ship monitored, the frigate INS Charitable in Belligerence, scanning for biosignatures across the entire ship. Ten humanoid signatures, all Lunarian. No fluctuations so far.”

“Communications reporting in, ma'am... we have no open channels currently, and no hailing requests...”

And so on, going on through the pit, a line of “operational” and “all greens”. Something's gone right this past hour.

As if on cue, another problem comes up.

“Pardon me Captain," Brahe reports, "but I'm getting strange readings from one of the biosignatures on the Belligerence. Brain activity suddenly halted... heart rate is dropping rapidly.” Simultaneously, Patuxent cuts in.

“Captain, we're being hailed over the emergency channel!”

[] Write in choice.
>> No. 5883
[X] "prepare the dropship, we're going in !!"
Being heroic once in a while.
>> No. 5884
[x] Call out to the crew, "Any medical? Could instant & complete brain-death be consequence of anything besides massive physical trauma or neurotoxin?"

Even in ischemic injury, brain activity doesn't just stop instantly. Either her head was blown off or...

ARE WE UP AGAINST MIND WAVES HERE?

[x] "Open the channel, Patuxent!"

[x] "Brahe can you show us where the bio-signals are in relation to each other on the Belligerence? And find any change in environment around that crew member."
>> No. 5885
>>5884

You're up against the fucking dev console.

No, not really. Also, in case you do not know where you are, you are rapidly approaching the jungle, baby. Please remain frosty.
>> No. 5915
>>5883
Well...
I can't think of anything else. So fellow tripfag, here we go.

[X] "prepare the dropship, we're going in !!"
>> No. 5916
>>5885
Do you want this vote QWL?
[X] "prepare the dropship, we're going in !!"
>> No. 5917
>>5916

I don't think there's a dropship to drop onto the ship with, but I'll take what I get.
>> No. 5930
File 121407371430.jpg - (3.12KB , 125x104 , blood.jpg ) [iqdb]
5930
“There's no time to answer. Ready a shuttle and send it to dock with the command pod to ascertain the situation.”

“But sir, couldn't we just-”

“Do it. The Belligerence needs to make it back to Phobos; I will not fire unless it means our death. Brahe, any other anomalies?”

“Heart rate in all other signatures has dramatically increased, and one signature is moving about the bridge... brain activity is decreasing in six, no, eight of the officers, along with a significant decrease in heart rate...”

“Captain, I think someone has just killed the bridge crew.”

Shit.

“Sir, the shuttle has a connection with the pod's airlock; orders?”

[] Recall the shuttle and open fire. There's nothing left to save.
[] Alert the shuttle to board the ship and take down the remaining officer. You need to figure out what happened on board the Belligerence.
>> No. 5931
[] Recall the shuttle and open fire. There's nothing left to save.

They're dead Jim.
>> No. 5932
[X] Alert the shuttle to board the ship and take down the remaining officer. You need to figure out what happened on board the Belligerence.
Suicide mission
>> No. 5939
[] Alert the shuttle to board the ship and take down the remaining officer. You need to figure out what happened on board the Belligerence.

It seems like it would be too easy to just destroy it at this point and we might miss something important if we do.
>> No. 5942
{X} Alert the shuttle to board the ship and take down the remaining officer. You need to figure out what happened on board the Belligerence.
Suspense!
>> No. 5943
Writan now; expect delays due to people coming over.

You've done pretty well in the tutorial/intro part, I've got to admit.
>> No. 5944
>* Stupid decisions, NOT OK.
Then we can't play at all. Might as well say voting is off limits, while you're at it.
>> No. 5946
>>5944

Stupid decisions means more like detonating a bomb on your ship, or trying to fight a fleet on your own without any support. Something silly, the vote for [X]dropship for example, won't result in a BAD END.
>> No. 5953
Daaamn, this guy's good. Wiped out nine guys without any assistance? I'm not sending my crew onto that ship to face the saboteur. Especially when I might have to incinerate that ship very, very soon.

[x] Recall the shuttle and open fire. There's nothing left to save.
>> No. 5954
As an addendum to >>5953, the relative timeframe is all wrong. The saboteur's on the bridge, and may have access to weapons control. The dropship wouldn't be able to make it to the other ship and get our people to its bridge before we're shot at.

I'm not sure about our ship's shield capacities, so I'm not sure how long we could take fire from the Belligerence. Possibly not long enough for our crew to take out the saboteur. Which means we'd have to annihilate our crew along with the Belligerence.
>> No. 5955
[x] Recall the shuttle and open fire. There's nothing left to save.

The place doesn't even have life support, it's a fucking suicide mission.
>> No. 5957
There's only one move to make.

“Tell them to board and take out the last officer. Make it quick!”

“Right away, Captain. Shuttle leader is transmitting audio telemetry now. Comms, telemetry incoming over standard channel.”

If the situation weren't so urgent, you'd marvel at the crew's focus. They've held together pretty well despite you having no clue what's going on. Patuxent picks up where Brahe leaves off.

“Roger Sensors, I've got the signal. Connecting channel, Captain...”

A split second of static fades into a low whine, before a rough voice echoes through the bridge.

“Bridge, this is shuttle team lead, we are in position and preparing to enter. Breaching on three...

“Two...”

“One!”

A muffled crack of thunder, and a mute shriek of danmaku. Immediately, gasps of pain.

“He's returning fire! Take cover! Take cover! 82, lay down flash!”

The plink of knives against bare metal.

“Flash in!”

Loud snap. The shrieking again.

“07, where's my cover!? 07!”

“She's down!”

“Bastard's fast!”

Brahe pipes up again.
“Heart rate is decreasing, as is body temperature. They've got him.”

The clank of boots. Panting for breath.

“I think that's it... Bridge, he'- AGH!”

Hissing. Screaming.

“Fucker sliced my leg!”

One more screech of bullets, and finally, you hear something smash into hard steel.

The hissing is suddenly silenced.

“Ah, damnit. Pressure's down to 44... 82, give me some air...”

The clank of boots, and a sick whistle of blade into flesh... all is done.

“That's it... that's it. Bridge, he's down. 47, bring the body back on the shuttle. 02A, 07, get the ship logs and check for survivors...”

~

TBC either tomorrow, or later tonight; I have to see family. It's not quite done, but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

And yes, vacuum's not supposed to have sounds, but it's not quite as dramatic without them!
>> No. 5959
Let's assume the boarding party is a team of marines.

[X] "Marines, tie that guy up. Also, don't take any more time than you need on that ship, I got a real bad feeling about this."
>> No. 5960
>>5959

That crack of bones was the team leader smashing the guy's ribcage; he ain't going anywhere.

This is part 1 of the update, part 2 coming up probably later tonight. Like 1 or 2 AM.
>> No. 5963
>And yes, vacuum's not supposed to have sounds, but it's not quite as dramatic without them!
Rule of Cool, we can dig it.

Also, maybe his ribs are crushed, but I still don't think we should take any chances. In fact, if I'd gotten here earlier, I'd have voted to just blast the ship like the captain told us to before, but, hey.

[X] "Marines, tie that guy up. Also, don't take any more time than you need on that ship, I got a real bad feeling about this."
>> No. 5966
Well well well, what's this?

One of Selene's favored children embarking on a long dark road of death, despair, pain, suffering, treachery, and the like, unknowingly guided by the unseen hands of a thousand lost souls towards her ultimate destiny in some kind of epic space adventure?

I like it.

Now all I can hope for is that we get some Einhander action in here.

[X] "Marines, tie that guy up. Also, don't take any more time than you need on that ship, I got a real bad feeling about this."
>> No. 5968
>>5963
>>5966

geez guys wait until he posts the second part
>> No. 5975
File 121414156677.png - (164.56KB , 643x484 , cata_naggarok_bridge.png ) [iqdb]
5975
The frantic clomps and booms are gone, replaced by steady, rhythmic steps. Must be rabbits to take their sweet time like this.

“There's nothing left, chief... as expected. This place is a mess... who the hell was this guy? 82, get over here, look at this.”

“Damn, they all died with one shot, either to the head or heart. Surprised there isn't more blood.”

“Don't they still have their uniforms on? The enchants should've given protection...”

“Not sure there's a spell to protect against crazy fucknut attacks... look at the captain, headshot's right down the center...”

“Hey, now's no time to be looking at kills! Get to work.”

“Yessir...”

“What the hell?”

“What is it?”

“Chief, get over here and take a look. I think I know why we're still alive.”

“...”

“...Bridge, I know this doesn't make much sense, but the ship's self destruct sequence is active, and awaiting authorization. It looks like the officer was trying to scuttle the ship before we came in. 02A, do you have those logs?”

“I've got 'em.”

“Then let's get the hell out of this bloodbath and give them the data. Bridge, we're returning now with the Belligerence's ship logs and the saboteur's corpse, and blocked the reactor power transfer on the way out. She'll go up in two minutes. Shuttle lead out.”

Back on your console, a little green point lazily trails back to your ship, latching onto the underside before vanishing. The frigate flashes red, before it fades out, a red ping the last note it ever existed. Brahe makes one closing report.

“Captain, the boarding team has begun docking maneuvers; uploading ship logs to your console now. The body's going up to sick bay for analysis, expecting results within the hour.”

With a beep, the map in the sphere is sidelined by a large list, going all the way back to at least a month ago.

“Good, but make sure the bay's locked down during the analysis. We're maintaining course to Phobos; I think we could all use a breather right now. Heiseimi, sterilize the wreckage.”

“Right away, ma'am.”

You sigh sadly. It shouldn't have ended like this... but you can't change the past. You select today and yesterday from the list, bringing up the individual logs for those days.

Now then, you've got twelve hours of free time. What to access first?

[] Ship mission logs. See what they knew about the operation.
[] Channel logs. They've spoken to you at least once before today, maybe there's some hints as to what you were doing.
>> No. 5976
[] Channel logs. They've spoken to you at least once before today, maybe there's some hints as to what you were doing.
>> No. 5977
[] Channel logs. They've spoken to you at least once before today, maybe there's some hints as to what you were doing.

Direct orders are worth more than a mission statement.
>> No. 5979
[] Channel logs. They've spoken to you at least once before today, maybe there's some hints as to what you were doing.
>> No. 5980
Will update in about three hours. Votes are open until then.
>> No. 5982
[X] Channel logs. They've spoken to you at least once before today, maybe there's some hints as to what you were doing.
[X] Ship mission logs. See what they knew about the operation.

Why not do both? We have spare time, right?
if not I'll go with whatever winning.
>> No. 5983
[X] Channel logs. They've spoken to you at least once before today, maybe there's some hints as to what you were doing.
>> No. 6013
[x] Channel logs. They've spoken to you at least once before today, maybe there's some hints as to what you were doing.

Hmm. Channel logs have the possibility of revealing political maneuvering and conspiratorial chat. Mission logs, contrastingly, are probably more by-the-book and would lack such info.
>> No. 6018
File 121416079617.png - (202.59KB , 644x483 , hwcata_starmap.png ) [iqdb]
6018
If there's any hint as to what's going on, it's probably in the communication channels. You select yesterday's channel logs, the implants in your brain receiving and translating the data on the fly...

The first record begins just after midnight; it's as good as any place to start, you decide.

{ 01:49:11, BETA AQUILAE: CHANNEL OPEN WITH INS IMMORTAL EMPRESS }
{ RECORDING BEGINS... }

The dead captain is the first to speak, his voice gaining strength as the recording starts.

“...we're attacking those sons of bitches, then?”

A second voice follows, smooth, careful... the Empress' captain, you assume.

“That's right. An Imperial Guard captain's leading the fight.”

The dead man pauses, as though pondering some invisible matter.

“What's wrong?”

“...Lunarian or moon rabbit?”

“Moon rabbit. You've got a problem with them or something?”

“No... it's just that most Lunarians nowadays couldn't command to save their lives. Which one is it?”

“Ah... RN-13B I think.”

“You mean Reisen? The Adjutant's...?”

“Yeah. Says it's on her orders too.”

“Heh! I could care less whose orders it is. What matters is that we get to get rid of the scum around Ceti III. Where are we meeting up?”

“Right here... that should be them now.”

In the background, a noisy clatter of pings. A officer speaks up quickly.

“Sir, we're getting twelve warp signatures, ranging from corvettes to cruisers. The group's hailing us.”

“Open the channel, then! And form up with the Empress, we've got a battle to win...”

“Acknowledged, sir.”

{ CHANNEL SPLIT: CONNECTION WITH INS NIGHT UNBROKEN... }

~

(Moar family matters; delays abound...)
>> No. 6032
>>6018
>“No... it's just that most Lunarians nowadays couldn't command to save their lives. Which one is it?”

>“Ah... RN-13B I think.”

>“You mean Reisen? The Adjutant's...?”

>“Yeah. Says it's on her orders too.”

>“Heh! I could care less whose orders it is. What matters is that we get to get rid of the scum around Ceti III. Where are we meeting up?”

Maybe he was our friend? He addressed us by first name on the bridge, and it sounds like we'd rather like the cut of his jib.

[x] Manly tears over the deaths of the captain and her crew as you listen to the recording. You're alone now; you don't have to hold it in.

"Damn your games Eirin! These are people's lives, not chess pieces you're playing with! If only we had more information we might've saved them." You sigh. "But I guess it's too late for that. The living must go on living rather than burying themselves with the dead."

Salute. "See you space cowboy."
>> No. 6037
>>6032

I won't say one way or another the Belligerence's captain's relation to you, but you're always called by your first name because it's the only one you have, aside from your ID number. "Reisen" is sort of a first and last name right now, until you're given an actual name.

Returning to /work/.
>> No. 6050
>>6037

It's more that he'd referred to Reisen by just her name itself in front of his & our crew, rather than by her rank or ship call-sign. Towards the mission commander, even one of same actual rank, implies quite a bit of familiarity.

One thing I'd ask you in your writing though is to distinguish who Reisen sees and hears more; male/female, Lunarian/moon rabbit would do. At first I assumed our crew were entirely moon rabbits, but now I'm not so sure what the ratios are.
>> No. 6085
>Salute. "See you space cowboy."
Reisen spiegel.
>> No. 6092
{ CHANNEL OPEN }

“Ah, the Captain herself! We were just talking about you!”

Finally, your voice comes in over the channel, a bit higher pitched than you thought it to be.

“Nothing treasonous, I hope. Empress, have you briefed our friend here?”

“Yes ma'am. It sounds like Captain Kakushiya's ready to join.”

The you on the recording chuckles, laughing at some joke erased from your mind.

“Then again, he always sounds ready. Well, let's make this quick. We're jumping to Tau Ceti in five; Belligerence, form up on me, and I'll explain the plan when we enter warp. Hopefully this will end the rebellion before it can begin...”

{ CHANNEL CLOSED }

{ 02:09:12, BETA AQUILAE -> TAU CETI; CHANNEL OPEN WITH INS NIGHT UNBROKEN }
{RECORDING BEGINS... }

The you from then speaks.

“...This will be a simple raid. It seems the rebel forces are coordinated by a commander transmitting commands from Tranquility Station, in orbit around Ceti III; what we have to do is pierce through their blockade. The cruisers and large frigates in Groups Beta and Gamma will serve as an effective distraction, firing on the blockade's flanks, while the faster frigates and corvettes in Group Alpha move through the firefight. By the time they move to react to our entry, Alpha should be close enough to the station to destroy it, at which point we escape under cover of the ensuing chaos. Got it?”

“I've been doing this for years, Reisen. We've got your back, don't worry about it!”

“Alright then, let's move. Captain, you're with Beta Leader, the Immortal Empress...”

The log continues for hours, mostly status reports between the other ships in Beta Group, and the occasional transmission of targeting data to the fleet. There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary at all... until you reach the end.

The last two entries don't have a source. The first of these is a data transmission; only problem is that the format's unknown. Opening it as it is reveals a sprawling, tangled web of galactic coordinates, which seem to lead nowhere. The other, sent nearly half a day later, is a single string of text, saying only to “Proceed”. It seems every question answered raises two more... you continue your search.

There's three further sections that can be checked: the mission logs, bridge audio logs, and the system command logs, detailing commands sent from the bridge consoles.

[ ] Check the mission logs.
[ ] Check the bridge audio logs. There could be something you missed spoken on the bridge.
[ ] Check the command logs, and try to figure out what the saboteur was doing.

~

One hell of a delay. And damn, do I hate writer's block. But it was nice to have a good family reunion for once. Expect me about 12, 13 hours from now.
>> No. 6093
[x] Check the command logs, and try to figure out what the saboteur was doing.

It might not be much, but it's often the small details that are overlooked. These often come back to bite one in the ass at the most inopportune moments.
>> No. 6094
[x] Check the bridge audio logs. There could be something you missed spoken on the bridge.

Considering how gung-ho and solid Captain Kakushiya seemed before and his personality & plea during the communication, something had spooked these guys bad. Really bad. There had to have been chatter regarding it.
>> No. 6095
[x] Check the command logs, and try to figure out what the saboteur was doing.
>> No. 6100
[ ] Check the command logs, and try to figure out what the saboteur was doing.

Saboteur sappan mah space ship.
>> No. 6102
[x] Check the bridge audio logs. There could be something you missed spoken on the bridge.
>> No. 6111
[X] Check the bridge audio logs. There could be something you missed spoken on the bridge.
>> No. 6122
The recordings aren't answering enough. It seems nothing strange happened until after the explosion, and the sourceless transmissions probably weren't intended to be viewed as audio or discussed around the bridge, so the audio logs wouldn't help. You can at least check what the bridge command logs; that will at least identify the saboteur, if not explain his motives...

There are literally thousands upon thousands of commands in the two days of records, but removing everything before the first sourceless transmission pares the list down to only a few hundred; Dividing out the commands between the various departments leaves about a hundred commands from each. You look through the commands from the Comms console first; searching for the the transmission's ID leads to a file transfer request from Navigation. The Comms officer must have handed the file over, assuming it was navigational data. Looking at the Nav officer's commands starting from the transfer request, there are plenty of waypoint assignments, all taking references from the nonsense coordinates. All of the commands are these bogus assignments – except one. Twelve seconds after the file transfer, a decrypt command is issued; it even lists the key used during the decryption.

You've got him.

“Bridge,” you order, “get me sick bay.” On the other end of the line, a very noble sounding woman answers.

“Dr. Tenyuushi reporting. Bridge, is the Captain there?”

“I'm right here, doctor.”

“Ah, good. We have completed analysis of the body – or at least, what's left of it. Would you like the report now?”

[ ] “Go ahead.”
[ ] “I think I have a clue who our mystery man is. Let me take a guess first.”
>> No. 6123
[X] “I think I have a clue who our mystery man is. Let me take a guess first.”
>> No. 6124
[ ] “Go ahead.”
>> No. 6129
[X] “I think I have a clue who our mystery man is. Let me take a guess first.”
>> No. 6135
Walls of text coming up in a bit.
>> No. 6139
[X] “I think I have a clue who our mystery man is. Let me take a guess first.”
>> No. 6141
>>6135

Funny guy, aren't you?
>> No. 6142
"Our saboteur – was he the ship's navigation officer?”

“...That's right, Captain. How did you know?”

“I've been looking through the Belligerence's logs while you were checking the body. Seems he got a package from somebody before he lost it, some kind of encrypted file. I've got the key too; he must not have been expecting anybody to check the logs.”

“That's just what I wanted to talk about, Captain... this man was working for the Imperial Guard.”

This comes as a bit of a shock.

“...Go ahead."

“An autopsy revealed neural implants; hardware features matched standard Guard installation procedures, as did the implant's ROM signature. We managed to access the rest of his brain using the implants as an interface, but we could only get fragments, bits and pieces... What my team found out is that he was a commander, NS-62, planted by the Guard just hours before the Belligerence joined us for the attack on Tau Ceti III. Someone wanted him there as... protection, insurance against the attack; alas, the brain was too damaged to provide further details. Part of his orders were to destroy the Belligerence and cause as much damage as possible to the fleet, to force the operation to be aborted. But these are only secondary objectives; the primary objective was still encrypted. There was an encryption key in his head as well, but decryption required too much processing power for the systems here.”

So he was probably going to try to slam the ship into the fleet...

“I see. Anything else?”

“Yes. There is data pertaining to Lady Yagokoro. Not much, but it seems that Tau Ceti III is nowhere near her biggest concern. She's concerned with something called the 'M Plan'; whatever it is, it involves almost the entirety of the Imperial Guard to accomplish its objectives. There are orders here involving everything from invasions to assassinations – plans for a potential war, it appears – but it's too vague to get any concrete information. That's all we could find, my lady.”

"That's all?"

"That's all. I'm sorry we couldn't find anything else...", the doctor pleads.

“No, don't be. You've done very well with what we gave you, doctor. I will attempt to decrypt the file here; dispose of the body. That will be all.”

“Yes, Captain.” The channel closes with a chime.

You resist the urge to punch a hole in the wall, instead clenching your fist until it hurts, the tingle of pain eventually providing an equal catharsis.

So the Adjutant probably tried to kill you, and now she's going to use you like a pawn...

That bitch.

You turn your attention back to the pit, avoiding thoughts of the Adjutant's plans.

“Brahe," you ask, "give me an estimated time for the decryption.”

“Decryption using the ship's full processing complex should take about six hours, Captain.”

“And our ETA to Phobos?”

“A little less than four hours. The jump to Luna from there will take about two.”

“Well, get on with it, then. There's precious little time to waste. Nav?”

"Sir?"

"Plot a direct course to Luna, full speed. I want to see the Adjutant immediately."

~

>>6141

No, just an amazingly slow guy. This part I had to think over far, far too much; I don't really like the way it came out this time, but it's setting up some of the plot, and the next scenes should make up for it. I'll post the next part in the morning as usual.
>> No. 6146
>>6142
>I don't really like the way it came out this time, but it's setting up some of the plot, and the next scenes should make up for it.

No, it was good. I like where I think this is heading. There's a very Total Recall feeling with the memory manipulation.

After reading CiLR chapter 3, it seems that Lunarian tech & culture hadn't peaked until after Eirin's flight, and that they had developed suspended animation around this time, so it's possible that Reisen really was around before the banishment and makes this not read very alternate universe at all.
>> No. 6148
Autosaving...
~

Six hours, and you're back home, sort of. It doesn't feel very safe here, you think, wondering what the Adjutant has to say to you. In the background, you can hear Nav having a little back and forth conversation as he gets the ship ready for docking.

“Serenity Station? This is INS Night Unbroken, requesting to dock.”

A kind, girlish voice. Reminds you of yourself, you muse.

“INS Night Unbroken, this is the Harbormaster, request accepted. The Adjutant's been expecting you. Approach the upper ring, and enter docking pattern. You will be using Dock 8.”

“Roger, we're on the approach; docking clamps deployed and fine manuver jets are enabled. Entering docking pattern.”

“Understood, Night. We will take over from here; enable remote guidance to tow in. Harbormaster, signing off.”

If it weren't for the secret conspiracies and manipulation, you'd almost say you could be calm. Just want some answers. Right now, you could listen to the Adjutant, if it'd explain what's going on...

You sit back, lost in your thoughts, Nav continuing his narration.

“Switching to remote guidance; bridge, set navigational input to auto.”

“Aligning to dock ring... alignment confirmed, opening clamps. Signal release is on. Connection confirmed... hold on...”

The flicker of the lights snaps you back to attention.

“Nav, what's wrong?”, you ask.

“Console's not responding to commands.”

“Same thing with Weapons. The console just froze.”

“Navigation, Sensors are also unresponsive. What's going on over there?”

“Not sure... I can't disengage connection. Harbormaster, please reset system link.”

Nothing.

“Harbormaster, I repeat, please reset system link.”

“...Negative, Night.”

“Harbormaster, we need a reset. What's the meaning of this?”

The harbormaster pauses, hesitant and regretful. After a few seconds, she finally finds the courage to speak again.

“INS Night Unbroken... the Adjutant has ordered a ship lockdown.”

The bridge falls silent. The Harbormaster speaks up again, sighing.

“Subcommander... please stand down, depart the ship and wait for the dispatch to arrive. The Adjutant is awaiting you on the observation deck. Harbormaster, signing off.”

Behind you, you hear the doors slide open, and the echo of boots, little screeches of distorted speech on radios. The marines burst in, every gun aimed at you.

Without a word, you put your hands up slowly.

~

Nappan until 4.
>> No. 6159
>Without a word, you put your hands up slowly.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>Nappan until 4.

REDIRECTING RAGE
>> No. 6164
File 121434014035.jpg - (60.59KB , 640x480 , taii_battlestation4.jpg ) [iqdb]
6164
The air is tense.

In a split second, the entirety of the crew has made an about face, taking aim at the marines from all sides as they spread out from their pit. The marines respond by aiming for your head.

Everyone is deathly still, doll-like, from the scared crew to the scared marines, to the very, very scared you. When you feel something press against the back of your head, you realize you've been holding your breath.

One of the marines finally speaks, a woman. The sharp scratch of her suit speaker belies the gentle voice it broadcasts.

“Subcommander RN-13B Reisen?”

“That would be me.”, you answer, motionless.

“...Then, please, could you call off your crew? We don't want to hurt you, we just want to escort you to the Adjutant.”

You nod, and the thing pointed at your head is gone. In your clearest, calmest voice, you call out to the crew.

“You heard her, bridge! Stand down!”

The officers look to each other, unsure, before they reluctantly power down their spells. The girl breaths, clearly relieved.

“Thank you, Subcommander. Ah, you can put your hands back down now.”

Following her request, you turn around, to see a ring of lightly armored rabbits, guns holstered. The one at the center, presumably the one you were talking to, has light blue suit markings. They're surprisingly friendly for battle-tested warriors, or at least their leader is.

They must be new, you reason.

“No restraints?”, you ask.

The marine leader nods. “Yes, no restraints... We're only here to escort you.”

[ ]”Then lead the way.”
[ ]”Funny way to escort me, don't you think?”

(To the bridge):
[ ]"Continue the decryption while I'm away."
[ ]"Carry on with the work while I'm gone."
>> No. 6166
[X] ”Then lead the way.”
[X] "Carry on with the work while I'm gone."

Easy choice is easy.
>> No. 6173
[X] ”Then lead the way.”
[X] "Carry on with the work while I'm gone."

Indeed.
>> No. 6174
{X} ”Then lead the way.”
{X} "Carry on with the work while I'm gone."
>> No. 6175
Writan.

Moe space marines~
>> No. 6177
Space Marine bunnies?
PRAISE THE EMPEROR
>> No. 6180
>In a split second, the entirety of the crew has made an about face, taking aim at the marines from all sides as they spread out from their pit.

Hell yeah. Our crew is awesome. Their awesomeness brings a tear to my eye.
>> No. 6199
>>6177

HE WHO STANDS WITH ME SHALL BE MY BUNNY!
>> No. 6204
>>6164
[ ]”Funny way to escort me, don't you think?”
(To the bridge):
[ ]"Carry on with the work while I'm gone."

Do we have that suppositories danmaku now?
if not, just hide some gun inside the boot or something. Never go anywhere without guns, soldier.
>> No. 6205
BUNNIES ARE THE EMPEROR'S CURRENCY, SPEND IT WELL.
>> No. 6206
Real Captains have a sidearm in their boot or something.
>> No. 6226
“Then lead the way.”, you answer. “The Adjutant must be getting impatient.”

“Yes, she is....” The rabbit makes a couple of hand signals, her squad filing out to either side of you. “She's on the other end of the station. We'll take an elevator.”

“Oh, before we go, could I give the bridge one more order?”

“Well... I don't see why not. Just no funny business.”

“It's not.” You call to the crew again. “Bridge! Continue operations while I'm gone; there's still a lot of work to do.”

A flurry of “affirmative” and “right away” springs below you, and as you leave, the sound of typing comes back to life on the bridge.

Proceeding down the hall to the airlock, the leader simply waves her hand across a small pad, the large hatch lumbering out of the way. The decon chamber comes online, locking the door behind you for a moment to sterilize the room. Two clicks indicate the ship's approval of both inside and outside, and the outer shell finally slides open.

~
Autosaving...
~

You enter the dock hall, moving down the curving corridor. The lights here are much too dark for your taste, a strange feeling. The marines' march is much more relaxed, but still sort of forced, like they aren't comfortable with the march.

“So,”, she asks, “you're part of the Imperial Guard, Subcommander?”
You nod. The rabbit makes a sort of laugh.

“I've never met one of you before. I heard you guys were a lot more threatening!”

“No, not at all. We're only like that in battle, miss...”

“Korai. Saku Korai.”

An interesting name, you think to yourself; she must be some Lunarian's pet. “What about your ID?”

“...I don't have one, ma'am. Or at least, I don't remember anymore. My master says that only tools have numbers.”

“Eh!?”

“N-not in a mean way! And I don't really feel one way or the other about it!”

You chuckle. “It's alright, I just read it the wrong way. It's just surprising a Lunarian would say something so blunt!”
>> No. 6227
>>6204

Yes, you have danmaku, normal (suppository) shots. It's not quite as lethal as the guns the marines carry around though, which are sort of like small scale Hakkeros.
>> No. 6244
“But like I said,”, you continue, “despite our reputation, we're not insane killers; the way the Adjutant uses us, its an understandable image though. The Guard wasn't really made to be the specialty army it is.”

“So you don't support her, ma'am?”, she asks, unoffended. Her bluntness makes you think for a moment.

“...It's not really a question of loyalty, it's question of method. I'm fine with the Adjutant's commands, since it's for the sake of the Empire; I just don't think the way we solve it is the best. Not every problem needs soldiers thrown at it...” A bit unnerved by her sincerity, you try to move away from the topic. “That's just my opinion, though.”

“I think I know how you feel, Subcommander. Lady Yagokoro's gotten a lot more aggressive lately. It's surprising how quickly she's changed. Just a few days ago, she was so tolerant, so patient... but I suppose you've heard that before." She stops. "Ah, this is our destination.”

The corridor terminates in a door, with a small panel by it. Coming up to the panel, Saku raises her left hand, and her marines form a wall behind you. She waves her hand across the panel, and it comes to life with a beep, showing a bar quickly descending through a map of the station. A few moments later, the door opens to a small elevator, a large window presenting the cosmos outside.

~

I forgot to add: [SHIP LOST: INS NIGHT UNBROKEN], since it's going to be under lockdown for a while.

Next (real) update coming up within the next century, while I try to come up with some better writing; comments on the storyline would be appreciated. Also, are moe space marines awesome, Y/N?
>> No. 6257
>>6244
The storyline's seemed interesting so far. A bit of political intrigue and mystery blends with a little bit of action; there's the novelty of exploring a world largely undeveloped in canon; and then there's the more focused approach of being thrown into a situation with an actual role at the start.
>> No. 6278
>>6244
>Also, are moe space marines awesome, Y/N?

Didn't Eirin say we should have recalled our memories by now?

Also, moar.
>> No. 6279
>>6278

Ah, you may have stumbled across something useful in later scenes...
>> No. 6282
>>6244

I read a good part of this when I had the time, will try to read the rest tomorrow. Read until Reisen called the sick bay. Until there, I liked. It's not the best, it's good, and playing as a Touhou before her history in Gensokyo is interesing. I want to know how and what you have/will have/will write.

So yeah, kinda hooked on it. Why are the CYOA outside Gensokyo or on Alter Gensokyo so interessing?
>> No. 6287
>are moe space marines awesome, Y/N?
Y.

Are we supposed to get to the earth? or this LA is focused on lunarian conflict? I need to prepare my mental state.
Also, are we really "Reisen Udongein Inaba"? because the person around you never mentioned the full name before. We might be another moon bunny who happen to share the same name. if yes, that will be more interesting because it's not stuck at canon role.
>> No. 6290
>>6287

On one of the paths, you could end up on Earth, but it's almost entirely about the Moon and its empire. You are Reisen. The awesome Reisen. Nobody calls you the full name (Reisen Udongein Inaba) because right now, your name is just Reisen (RN-13B if they want to be exact); Udongein was a name added to your existing name by Eirin, and Inaba was added by Kaguya. Depending on what path you pick, you might end up being renamed.

>>6282

Writing's not hard, but it takes a very long time, and I get writer's block kind of easy. I just... write, I guess. Trying to visualize the scene helps a bit.

Right now, I'm writing on the fly; I have routes and some events planned out, but no full scenes you haven't seen. I guess these CYOAs/LAs are interesting because of the setting, maybe.
>> No. 6304
>>6290
>Right now, I'm writing on the fly; I have routes and some events planned out, but no full scenes you haven't seen.

The best way to write, I find. Too much preplanning is wasteful and discourages write-ins.
>> No. 6309
>>6244
>are moe space marines awesome, Y/N?

[X] FOR THE EMPEROR!
>> No. 6310
>>6287
>Also, are we really "Reisen Udongein Inaba"? because the person around you never mentioned the full name before. We might be another moon bunny who happen to share the same name. if yes, that will be more interesting because it's not stuck at canon role.

If Reisen doesn't match up to the sort of person we see in Gensokyo, this is before desertion, where she abandons a soldier's duties, and so becomes flighty and guilty. Also before further mind-wiping & the drug torture-testing Eirin keeps her around for.
>> No. 6324
>>6310
>this is before desertion, where she abandons a soldier's duties, and so becomes flighty and guilty. Also before further mind-wiping & the drug torture-testing Eirin keeps her around for.

This hammered home to me the fact that TRUE END and GOOD END would be a perfect distinction in this story.
>> No. 6325
File 121450372991.jpg - (26.19KB , 630x927 , not_at_all_like_this.jpg ) [iqdb]
6325
You enter the elevator, looking at the view. It's clear from the slight glow that it's just a camera feed, but that doesn't detract from its beauty, the graceful lines of the station making for a good compliment to the moon and the stars outside. It reminds you of how long it's been since you've bothered to look outside.

“Element, cover this entrance. Let nobody through.”, you can hear Saku order, her marines complying gladly, followed by a muted whirring noise.

As the elevator closes, the moon zooms away below you, the stars blurring into lines as the cab flies up to the peak of the station. You turn to look at Saku, now that you're not in any hurry. The markings on her shoulder indicates a Staff Sergeant, right below a little insignia of a eagle hidden behind a moon; the 50th Marines, you recall.

Her suit is a smooth, organic armor, an experimental design just put into service; the dull grey-black finish almost seems to warp light around it, contrasting very badly with her friendly personality once again. It seems well taken care of, except for scorch marks along the edges, but other than the weathered detail, the suit seems almost featureless, lacking the seams and plates of older models. You don't see an air tank, implying enchants to recycle air, but you can see maneuvering jets on her back, small nodules leaving smoky thrust trails running down the length... sort of like scars, if you thought about it for too long...

“...I-is something the matter, Subcommander?”

It seems you've been looking at her for a bit longer than you think. She sounds like she's blushing behind that helmet... such a strange one. You shake your head, bemused. What is a girl like her doing in the Marines?

“No, nothing at all. Saku, can I ask a question?”

“Sure, go right ahead.”

“Why did the Adjutant send you to pick me up? No offense, but I could have gone here on my own.”

She shrugs, a subtle motion even in her light armor.

“I'm not sure right now, but it seems she doesn't trust you. I... I don't see why not, to be honest, considering your standing with the Guard, but she's been acting strangely for a while anyway.”

The door slides open quietly, and now there is a small hall, lined with monitors of the outside, showing the various docks, satellites, and the Moon on their screens, before ending in a glass door, locked with another one of the pads. Heading down to the door, Saku equips her rifle, standing guard next to the entrance.

“This is it.”, she announces. “Once you go in, I'll lock the door, so be ready for it. I don't know what Lady Yagokoro wants with you, but she wants to make sure you hear what she has to say. So, if you have any further questions, it would be a fine time to ask now, Subcommander.”

[] Ask her something (write-in)
[] Just go in now

~

Eirin scene coming up; she may or may not be pissed. It's going to take a while to write this one out, but I just got a pic of the Captain Reisen, motivating me to bake faster. I think you'll like it.

Tip for later scenes: there are various weak points on a ship, some a bit more lethal than others. You might not want to destroy your target outright, or you may want to end them immediately. Think carefully.
>> No. 6327
{X} Just go in now.
GOOO
>> No. 6328
[] Just go in now
>> No. 6332
[x] Just go in now

Hmmm. I wonder when we'll meet the Watatsuki sisters.
>> No. 6335
P.P.S.

I'll be doing first to five from here on out until the end of the scene.
>> No. 6342
Yay, updates!

>[] Ask her something "Sex?"

Haha, kidding.


[X] Just go in now
>> No. 6343
[X] Just go in now
>> No. 6347
File 121453962117.png - (132.61KB , 800x600 , awesomeno.png ) [iqdb]
6347
GEE, WRITAN SUR IZ HARD

HAV A PICTUR
>> No. 6348
[x] Just go in now
>> No. 6349
Too late, but for what it's worth:

[x] "Just that... if the unspeakable happens, please tell my crew that I want them to always remember their duty to Luna, Staff Sergeant Saku Korai of the 50th Marine regiment." Salute.
>> No. 6369
File 121459807796.jpg - (116.84KB , 354x253 , 24burning city.jpg ) [iqdb]
6369
“No, I don't have anything else to ask... I'll see her right away.”

“Okay, then.” This time, she presses a button on the pad. “Your Grace, Guard Subcommander RN-13B is here.”

Silence; the door opens just as quietly. Saku gestures to the door.

“Go ahead, Subcommander. And... please. Be careful, ma'am.”

Sobered by the sudden change in mood, you nod quietly.

As you come in, you feel a strange fridgid presence overwhelm you. Something old, intimidating... it confuses, and you almost back away in fear, the clunk of the door shutting bringing you back to your senses. Up ahead, clad in her signature red-blue dress, is the Adjutant, Eirin Yagokoro.

Unaware – or uncaring – of your presence, she drinks from a glass of wine sitting on a nearby sill, still watching the stars outside. As you approach, some outside force takes control of your body, forcing you to stop in your tracks. The Adjutant places the glass back down before folding her hands behind her back, the gesture cold and deliberate. She calls for you, back still turned.

“Reisen.”, she beckons, indecipherable with a mix of serenity and barely suppressed rage. “Please, come in. I... have things to discuss with you.”

Slowly, you force your legs to move, managing only a few steps forward. At the edge of your hearing, you could swear you heard a sigh as she turns to look at you out of the corner of her eye. You can feel her sight covering you, looking through you like you were paper, and you try desperately to look away, attempting to shield your eyes... your body won't obey.
The shield slowly cracks, and your fingers gradually spread apart, shaking, before you put your hand back down.

The gaze of her grey eyes is piercing. That sight tears through your mind, awakening long dormant images:

Brothers and sisters laying dismembered on the cold ground, faces soaked with tears and blood as your futile attempts to save them fail again and again... Streets awash with blood, apartment towers going up in flames, little wavelets of flames, chars of ash that were once children dropping from the windows. And, strangely, the slight sheen of silvery threads, distorted by a curtain of tears...

{Ceti III. Ten years ago. You were killing ten years ago. You killed everyone ten years ago.}

{And then you came to me, broken and alone.}

A tear from that past drips down your cheek, dropping to the floor where it was forgotten. It takes all of your effort not to collapse on the spot, as she descends from her vantage point, walking to your kneeling form.

You feel... things. Like she was beating you, lashing at you. Pitying you.

“Have you forgotten these memories too? Is this why you would do something like this, disobeying my orders, risking a war?”

You can't say anything, barely holding back tears now.

“Did you forget these lessons, Reisen? Or have you simply ignored them?”

~

This is going to be a little different. Instead of picking dialog, you will pick a tone of voice, and add a write in. Try not to get so aggressive you try to kill Eirin; it won't end well.

[ ](Agressive)
[ ](Passive)
[ ](Submissive)
>> No. 6374
{X} (Passive)
"SOMETHING YOU CRAZY NIGGAS"
>(QWL told me to)
>> No. 6376
>>6374

Dramatic tension went over your head, etc.
>> No. 6383
[x]passive
[x]feign submissiveness to make Eirin believe is in control and give you time to assess what the hell is going on.

I get the feeling that she probably won't respond well to direct confrontation. So I think that the best thing to do is to stay frosty and make heads or tails of this scenario. It might even be possible to manipulate her if she believes she's in control. Of course, given her state it could backfire and we could end up being punished rather harshly.
>> No. 6386
[x](Passive)
[x] Try to spot a reflection of yourself in your tears pooling on the floor; attempt to dissociate your emotions & inure yourself to pain through autohypnosis.
[x] Attempt to stand, and salute the higher ranking officer: "Guard Subcommander RN-13B reporting, Adjutant. You wished to see me?"

The most important thing right now is disarming Eirin's anger, and you should already know how: Just get her to beat you. In the face of the possible lives of your crew and others, your own pain is nothing.
>> No. 6394
>>6386

Canonically, Reisen is rather uncertain & weak-minded, but her eyeh4x power is particularly strong amongst the moon rabbits. While it's doubtful her eyes would work directly against Eirin, Reisen using her powers on herself may be how she lost her memories in the first place.
>> No. 6402
>>6383
>[x]passive
[x]feign submissiveness to make Eirin believe is in control and give you time to assess what the hell is going on.

This. We don't have enough options nor knowledge of the situation to take any real choice. The only thing really worth considering at the moment is gathering the most information and Intel we can.
>> No. 6410
[x]passive

We shall be chill, while we try to figure out what the hell is going on.
>> No. 6412
Ok, that's five votes for tone; if there's no win for the write-in about 5 hours, I'll continue with the next part.
>> No. 6413
[x]passive
[x]feign submissiveness to make Eirin believe is in control and give you time to assess what the hell is going on.

Doing it right this time cousin.
>> No. 6416
Writan now.
>> No. 6418
WHERE IS THE WRITING, QWL

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE WRITING
>> No. 6419
I-I'm sorry, chief! We were planning on the IRC channel! I'll get right away on it, sir!
>> No. 6420
>>6419
I hope you won't stop writing now, you seem to fall under the category of "New stories"
>> No. 6421
>>6420

"New stories that don't suck", I think you mean. Although I don't know the criteria the other writefags would have agreed on.

But I digress, back to work for me...
>> No. 6422
>>6421
Now you flatter yourself.
I read it, but don't vote.
>> No. 6423
>>6422

Anonymous will be sure to vote and not read to make up the difference, then.
>> No. 6436
[ ](Submissive)

Just because the idea of a submissive Reisen is hot.
>> No. 6442
File 121468815224.jpg - (927.14KB , 1600x1200 , sort_of_like_this.jpg ) [iqdb]
6442
"I... h-have forgotten...", you manage to gasp between hiccups. "Forgive me, I-I beg of you..."

Just like then. When you were only a child...

No. Dismiss those thoughts. You mustn't really submit to her. She... she would have killed you at a moment's notice. You know that.

But something in your mind won't agree entirely with that. It's a stubborn piece, drowned in her influence... and it won't let go.

Lady Yagokoro had a reason for all of this, it argues. At least try to think it through.

It's clear she hates you, you try to argue back, the concept of your own mind rebelling enraging you. She violated your mind, forcing those... things, those visions into your head...

She does it to remind you, your traitorous thoughts rebutt, wants you to learn from your failures. She gave you love, don't you remember? Absolved you of that crushing guilt when you lost everyone you called friend that day. Took you under her wing, taught you personally...

Bullshit. Lies sown by a manipulative snake. It was also her orders to kill a friendly crew. To try to assassinate you. That's all it ever was, you try to convince yourself, the choked gasps slowing. Manipulation. Trickery. Whatever she did then, her acts of mercy, her love, they were either lies forged in your memories, or they don't matter now. You try to continue to sob, feigning submission as best you can.

The Adjutant of the present sighs in exasperation, and the atmosphere changes. The force is gone, the cold nagging fear lifted; in its place an... urgency, the very noticeable sensation of someone reading your mind like a book. You can still feel irritation, but no longer quite so directed at you.

"I see..."

You can only look up to her. The piercing, soul-shattering look is gone, replaced by mild disappointment. When you hear your breathing, truly ragged and begging for her mercy, you wish she could have killed you, knowing she had the power to break you like that.

"...so you really have forgotten..."

"Rise.", she commands, much more gently. "I forgive you for your mistake, Reisen."

You nod twice, shakily standing up, trying to salute, but she waves it off, turning around and walking back up to her observation point.

"I suppose you want to know what's going on...", she asks, sounding almost guilty.

[ ](Passive) (write-in)
[ ](Question) (write-in)
[ ] Say nothing, let her continue
>> No. 6444
>>6442

[x] Say nothing, let her continue

Keep her talking.
>> No. 6445
[x] Say nothing, let her continue

7.5% sure that Eirin is Kira.
>> No. 6447
>>6442

So, Eirin is disappointed we resisted her suggestion attempt? But was it successful or unsuccessful? Maybe it wasn't a suggestion, and all of these remembered intentions and memories are real? Is her disappointment a farce, like her anger? Or does she regards you with actual sentiment? Do we even ca--HANG.

EXCEPTION DETECTED.

DUMPING TO MEMORY.

INITIATING POWER CYCLE.

[x] Say nothing, let her continue
>> No. 6448
[ ] Say nothing, let her continue
>> No. 6455
Writan now.

It's easier to read data than it is to write, IIRC.
>> No. 6460
>>6455

Filthy lies
>> No. 6480
>>6455

So...Updates?
>> No. 6481
You remain silent, uncertain of what the Adjutant will do next. Apparently expectant of your silence, she drinks a bit from the wineglass again, motions not quite so deliberate, imperceptibly less focused, before placing it back down with a barely audible clink. Still... no waves.

"I too... have made a mistake, Reisen. Can you forgive me for this?"

Slowly, you think on your words, before finally saying "yes". You must at least try to get her to believe you.

You can't see, but you can feel the barest hint of a satisfied smile on her lips. Thankful.

"You're lying."

You reach out to her, as though to deny it, but she continues, as though she sees you from behind.

"No, don't deny it. You hate me for this... drugging you, trying to kill you, use you..."

A sad chuckle.

"I know you do... you should. I'll use you more in these coming times. If there's a speck of morality in you, you'll wish me dead by the time this is through. But I digress..."

She breathes, with an air of nostalgia about her. You can feel a warm, happy coldness, for a fraction of a moment before you realize it shouldn't exist.

"A few days ago, there was a rebellion on Tau Ceti III, which, unfortunately, you do not remember, along with a few other memories from around that time... it would seem that due to my negligence, you will never remember them. Part of the Navy blockaded the planet, in a state of undeclared rebellion. When we heard the news, I ordered the Guard to back away from the planet, to wait until I could come up with a favorable strategy; you did not, for reasons I've yet to consider. Regardless, I... took drastic actions to return you to me. With that much of the fleet supporting Ceti III's liberation, an attack would have started a war, drastically undermining my political position."

Another sip. This time, there is a determined bent, like she is aware of her previous imperfections and tried to correct them.

"You do not realize now, as you did not realize then, the importance of my approval amongst the government. But it is essential for the sake of both myself and the Princess that I remain a favorable figure in the government's eye; it means my crimes will be overlooked. You need know only that there are plans in place reliant upon this approval to succeed, which must succeed if the Princess Kaguya is to live. Otherwise, she is doomed to death... and things worse than even that. Do you understand me?"

[ ] Yes (write in, if any)
[ ] No (write in, if any)

~

Tired. will be awake tomorrow, when Writing Gauge is at full again.
>> No. 6487
[x] Yes
My lips. Meaningless assent spills from them.

>But it is essential for the sake of both myself and the Princess that I remain a favorable figure in the government's eye; it means my crimes will be overlooked. You need know only that there are plans in place reliant upon this approval to succeed, which must succeed if the Princess Kaguya is to live. Otherwise, she is doomed to death... and things worse than even that.

Whoa. I'm suddenly wondering when this story is in relation to Eirin making the Hourai elixir, Kaguya drinking it, and Kaguya being banished to Earth. Either it's after all that, or Kaguya and Eirin are embroiled in some other political/criminal activities that put their lives at stake?
>> No. 6490
>>6487

It could be related to either of those, among several other events, depending on what route you decide to take.
>> No. 6493
>>6481
>You need know only that there are plans in place reliant upon this approval to succeed, which must succeed if the Princess Kaguya is to live. Otherwise, she is doomed to death... and things worse than even that. Do you understand me?"

[x] "No. No, Eirin. I don't understand you at all. But you already know that, so...." Clearing your throat you continue with an affected vigor, "So, what are your orders, Adjutant?"

Fine, Eirin. We'll play your game as we've always been, just with more gravitas. However, it seems not even your foresight is without fault; our sense of morality & discretion will interdict your orders when necessary.
>> No. 6494
[x] "No. No, Eirin. I don't understand you at all. But you already know that, so...." Clearing your throat you continue with an affected vigor, "So, what are your orders, Adjutant?"
>> No. 6498
>>6493

Don't think you'll be able to bypass her orders every time on the basis of morality; it might be much more helpful for you to break the law occasionally. In fact, your first mission's rather underhanded.

I might not get any updates in today; I have a meeting to go to. Or it might end early, and I could do something at around 5 or 6. Hard to tell ATM.
>> No. 6500
>>6498
>Don't think you'll be able to bypass her orders every time on the basis of morality; it might be much more helpful for you to break the law occasionally. In fact, your first mission's rather underhanded.

Law? If the best we can hope for is damage control, a well-trained moon rabbit knows when to look the other way. NEUTRAL GOOD.

First mission was to return to base, wasn't it? I think we handled it pretty well considering the circumstances. Eirin is a sly woman, making it seem as if things are just as keikaku and under her complete control. She might even trick herself into believing that if she wasn't so careful; good thing we're around to remind her!
>> No. 6504
{X} "No. No, Eirin. I don't understand you at all. But you already know that, so...." Clearing your throat you continue with an affected vigor, "So, what are your orders, Adjutant?"
>> No. 6505
[X] Yes

All that's necessary.
>> No. 6511
You shake your head, deciding that further lies may just anger her. At this point, you honestly don't have a clue what she means to do.

“Not at all, my Lady... but I am yours to command nonetheless.”

She stops again, as though in deep thought, before nodding to herself, very much satisfied by your response. You feel something like snowflakes, little bits of icy cold, and something warm on your shoulder, almost kind. Once again, the sensation vanishes when you think about it.

“A good answer. You will understand soon enough, Reisen. From here on out,”, she says, gazing at a little blue disc, “you will be under my command; I do not want a repeat of this... incident. When I speak, you *will* obey.”

That last sentence echoes across your mind, a long lost key that brings something to life within you. For a beat, you feel... driven to some higher purpose, before you get a hold of yourself.

“...Is this clear, my child?”

Split between disdain and a strange compulsion to obey, you automatically nod, quoting a memory you thought locked away by time.

“I serve your will, Honored Adjutant.”

You can feel the Adjutant's smile widen, to something resembling happiness. Her voice is warm with nostalgia.

“Good. The first order of business is a matter of security. Tomorrow, I will assemble a fleet to negotiate with the rebels. You will help me make sure my fleet is trustworthy.”

“You expect to disarm the situation, my Lady?”

“No, of course not.", she explains. "I expect the rebels to attack. At this point, war is inevitable. But I intend to have the upper hand when it begins; this is where you come in.”

The Adjutant takes one last sip of the wine, once again careful and controlled.

“I have my suspicions about some of my 'loyal' officers, most notably a Lord Yoakeya, captain of the carrier INS Enlightened at Dawn. Determine where his loyalties lie; when you have done so, report to me for further instructions. I have procured a suit for you, an exact replica of the Dock Inspector's uniform. It has the same privileges as the actual suit, with full authority to enter and investigate any ship here on station, and has been delivered to your quarters; make good use of it. And please, try not to meet the Inspector while you're wearing the suit; I have not informed anyone else of this matter, and falsifying credentials is a capital offense on this station."

“Is that all?”, you ask.

“That is all.”

“Then it will be done, Adjutant.”, you affirm, with slightly forced irritation. She seems surprised by your response, the smile upturned.

“...Is something the matter, my Lady?”

A pause. She answers, once again with the voice of a guilty person, miles and miles away.

“...No, it's nothing. Unless you have any questions, you...you're free to go, Reisen.”

[ ]Question (write-in)
[ ]Leave (write-in, if any)

~

And here's your first (actual) mission. The return to base is more or less an intro, >>6500.

I feel sick as fuck, but not very tired. I think I'll be up till 1 or 2.
>> No. 6513
[x] Leave

>Split between disdain and a strange compulsion to obey, you automatically nod, quoting a memory you thought locked away by time.
New objective obtained: Erase traces of brainwashing.

Updated my journal: "Do not consume substances that may have been tampered with by the Adjutant or her subordinates. It is clear that my mind has already been tampered with far too much."
>> No. 6514
[ ]Leave
>> No. 6525
File 121479661446.jpg - (13.20KB , 358x396 , novoets.jpg ) [iqdb]
6525
Y NO VOETS?

>6513

Good luck with that; they say Guard conditioning's irreversible.
>> No. 6526
>>6511
>A pause. She answers, once again with the voice of a guilty person, miles and miles away.

>“...No, it's nothing. Unless you have any questions, you...you're free to go, Reisen.”

Oh shit she's going into one of her ruminations. Nothing good ever comes from those.

[x] "A-actually, I do have a question before I carry out the orders, Adjutant."
[x] "Could I have a raise?" Bite your lip.

Eirin's looking a bit put out here; let's end the debriefing with something light. A joke. Pay docked. She saves face. Totally normal officer-subordinate relationship here. No need to relive already learned trauma.
>> No. 6529
[x] "A-actually, I do have a question before I carry out the orders, Adjutant."
[x] "Could I have a raise?" Bite your lip.

Haha, oh wow. Reisen breaking the atmosphere with a facetious question like that? It's so out of left field I feel compelled to vote for it.
>> No. 6531
[x] "A-actually, I do have a question before I carry out the orders, Adjutant."
[x] "Could I have a raise?" Bite your lip.

Money money money
>> No. 6533
>>6525
Keep writing, faget.
>> No. 6540
[x] "A-actually, I do have a question before I carry out the orders, Adjutant."
[x] "Could I have a raise?" Bite your lip.
>> No. 6550
Writan now; don't know when I'll get to post. Going to the doctor to get a needle the size of a grown man's penis jammed into your knee takes a while.
>> No. 6567
>>6550

Still hurts?
>> No. 6570
>>6550

Make a new thread for the next one. This one is in autosage.
>> No. 6584
>>6550
I know the feeling. Injection to cut down the swelling, right? It doesn't really hurt very much, just kinda aches and feels funky.
>> No. 6586
>>6584

Right on the mark. They did a bit more, too.

Let me write a bit more; maybe not quite a wall, but a lot more than I had. I'll be going to sleep after the post.