- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 17010)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 124883637468.jpg - (198.64KB, 480x640, food.jpg) [iqdb]
17010 No. 17010
Uninspired. That's what the walk ultimately felt like.

You take the moon rabbit to the shopping district. She follows with no complaint, as you've come to expect from her. The two of you start by going to closest shops. It's haberdashery and textiles, things that sometimes interest you, but definitely not her. Still, you gauge her mood by observing, trying to see if there's anything that catches her eye. Her blank stares at the store displays drive the point home that she sees nothing of interest.

At least the villagers aren't making a fuss any more.

After the initial wave of gawks and glares, the village collectively decided to play it cool. You could tell that some of them glanced at you when they thought you weren't looking, but it was much more subdued than earlier. It was a relief. You're sure that your rabbit friend noticed the change in attitude as well, and you hoped that that might help her relax.

You pay attention to her. More than that, you try to focus most of your senses on to her. You talk, trying to get through to her.

“All this is different from where I come from.” You move from one window to the other, casually remarking, “Of course, I suppose it's really different from where you come from as well.” From what you've gathered the moon is something too exotic for you to contemplate properly. Just the fact that it could produce individuals as varied in temperament as the ones residing in Eientei spoke volumes. “I'm used to a lot of people, crowded city, and permanent noise. It's weird stopping and being able to hear myself think.”

You pass by a small restaurant. The smell of fried food fills the air.

“You're not hungry are you?” You ask, and don't get a response from her. “We'll keep walking for a bit more, and then we'll eat, ok?”

You think that you must look stupid, doing all the talking. The reaction to every shop, every displayed item is the same. That is to say, there's no reaction at all. You even try going in a shop, looking for a nice accessory that she might enjoy. It's no use at all. There's not a single instant that

One thing that you'll admit is nice is having her listen to you. You don't know if she enjoys listening, or even cares for that matter, but it's nice to have someone to listen to your rambling. You tell her all about the places you've been and the people you met. It's not that interesting, you'll admit, but hey, it's not like she's doing any of the talking.

After exhausting a good deal of the village's window displays, you decide that it's time for a change of plans.

“This may not seem like much.” You lead on from the shops and into a small square, “But I wouldn't trade being here for anything in the world. There's nothing that can make me regret coming to Eientei.” You sit on a small bench under a tree. She does not join you, standing in a pose that looks like a soldier standing at attention. It'd be funny, given how out of place she looks, if not for the fact that she's always deadly serious.

Ah, whatever.

You laugh anyways. You let out a throaty chuckle that might as well have come from out of the blue. You slump forward after laughing, thinking about what to do next.

“It's meal time now. I'm a bit hungry, and I assume you are as well.” You stare up at the rigid rabbit. The lifeless red orbs are as dark as ever. She's got to eat sometime...

You get up from the bench, signaling the rabbit to follow.

You can't afford anything fancier than simple fast food. A busy food stall is where you get your food; you've decided to walk and eat. Bless food on a stick and food in a bun. “Here you go. Take it.” You give hand the rabbit her share. To your surprise she takes it right away. Sure, she doesn't say anything, eat it, or even look at it, but at least she takes it when you tell her to. “It's good.” You take a bite, showing her the way to eat it.

It's no use. You take to walking slowly around the edge of the village, trying to build up the mood.

It's only then that you notice something else; a skulking figure straying just outside your normal field of view. She's skirting concealment, obviously trying to keep hidden.

“...”

And you thought that you were going to be doing this by yourself. Your pride wants to keep at it by yourself, to be honest. You wonder if the other rabbit has noticed the stalker as well.

[] Call out to Reisen
[] Ignore her
--
I know, bland and not so good. Sorry. But I couldn't manage to write it the way I wanted to after a draft or two, so I stopped trying and just updated (it's not that important anyways). Future scenes are more interesting, and therefore will be better.
Expand all images
>> No. 17011
[] Call out to Reisen

I wonder if our little moon rabbit is jealous?
>> No. 17012
[X] Call out to Reisen
>> No. 17013
[X] Ignore her

Could be jealousy. Could be just keeping an eye on us because if something were to go wrong, we'd otherwise be rather far away for anyone to come and help in a timely manner.

I'm banking on the latter, personally.
>> No. 17014
[X] Call out to Reisen

I smells jealousy. >:3
>> No. 17015
[X] Call out to Reisen

in b4 tengu ninjas.
>> No. 17016
[X] Call out to Reisen

Suddenly ninjas, thousands.
>> No. 17017
File 124884432354.jpg - (42.46KB, 640x480, ninjas-1.jpg) [iqdb]
17017
[+] Call out to Reisen
>> No. 17018
[x] Call out to Reisen
>> No. 17019
[X] Call out to Reisen

She could help get the notion that the food's good. A moon bunny knows moon bunnies best. (And can't they communicate telepathically; though I can imagine in Sliver's case her mental channel's closed)
>> No. 17020
File 124886056685.jpg - (70.27KB, 555x517, r.jpg) [iqdb]
17020
[x] Call out to Reisen

You wait until she stops moving again, concealing herself (poorly) behind a small shrubbery. She's not even completely hidden, and you can see her ears sticking out like two periscopes in water. I smiled to myself and called out her name. The two white pipes shook as she realized that I was calling out to her. She hesitated, apparently.

“I see you behind there. You can come out.” You smile in her direction. You feel the other rabbit shuffle behind you, standing as far away from the bush as she can.

Reisen comes out from behind the bush, gingerly smiling and softly waving her hand. Her steps are slow and hesitant, as if she can't make up her mind to hurry up and go to you or simply turn around run. It's not like you're going to bite or anything. You're as loose and approachable as you ever are, you think.

“How's it going there?” You ask when she gets close enough.
“Pretty okay.” She smiles nervously. “It's a nice day today.”
“That it is.” You look up at the sky. It's a clear sunny day. Not too hot nor too cold. “It's perfect for just walking around like this, eating good food.”

Reisen looks like she doesn't quite know what to say. She avoids looking at you and looks extremely skittish. Last time you saw her like this, she offered to let you see her in her undergarments. Well, she was redder than now actually, but her jumpy nature makes you wary all the same.

“Would you like some?”
“Huh?”
“Food.” You point to the remains in your hands. “There's plenty left over and I'm not very hungry. You haven't had lunch yet, have you?”
“Um, no, but-”
“There you go then.” You hand over food to a somewhat resisting Reisen. “Eat to your heart's delight.”
“Thank you very much.” She doesn't resist that much in the end. She grasps the street food tightly, staring at it intensely.
“Go on then, eat up.” You smile.
“Oh sure.”

You watch as she takes a small nibble. Judging by the look on her face, she enjoyed it. “Good, huh?” It was pretty good and cheap.
“Yes it is.” She reddens even more and takes another bite as you watch her. Her small bites and long chewing make her look exactly like one of the Eientei rabbits during mealtime. You don't quite understand why she's getting so worked up, but are happy that she's eating.

You turn to to look at the other rabbit. Her look is basically the same one as ever, but you'd like to imagine that she's looking upon the scene with caution, if not curiosity. You smile at her too, for no real reason. No reaction, again, but you like to delude yourself that you'll eventually make some progress. Maybe she'll finally get to eating that food you bought for her.

Standing off to the side, you hang back for a while. Reisen eats, the other rabbit stands silently, and you look up at the clear sky. Explaining what smog is to the inhabitants of Gensokyo would be quite the chore. The most smoke they've probably seen has come from the odd fire in the village. No way they could understand the dark miasma that was a staple of any large city.

It was because you were distracted that you didn't notice Reisen moving around. You heard her speak, but it wasn't to you so you kept looking at the sky.

“How dare you!?” It was her outraged voice that made you focus on what was going on. Reisen had moved from the spot you left her and was exchanging heated words with the other rabbit. “Just do it.”

“I have no reason to listen to someone like you.” Silver spoke clearly and deliberately. Her eyes had come to life, showing a cool and cruel intellect at work. “You're a disgrace to all of us.”

I moved in closer. I planned to break up whatever was going on before it got out of hand. Tempers were clearly flaring.

“I don't mind what you think, but you're insulting my Master by doing this.” Ah, this was about Eirin. “I don't care whether you live or die personally.”
“That would not be the first time you've said those words to one of our kind, correct?”
“You-” Reisen was as upset as I had ever seen her. She was gritting her teeth and clenching her fists. Her face was flush, but it wasn't the same as before. Her angry scowl told you how she felt. “This isn't about me.” There was some restraint left in her. “Eat the food that Master bought for you.”
“It looks like besides being a coward, you cannot hear properly. Poor wretched girl.” The rabbit smiled smugly. “Like I said, I do not take orders from you.”

This wasn't good. You could almost see sparks flying between those two. It looked like Reisen was about to use violence at any moment now. Under other circumstances, you would have thought it impossible. Yet here you were, about to witness Reisen go ballistic.

[] Don't intervene
[] Stop her
>> No. 17021
[x] Stop her

We best intervene before someone loses an eye....
>> No. 17022
[x] Stop her

fine
>> No. 17023
[X] Stop her

As fun as it would be to see Reisen go rip shit riot on the new bunny, and as much as she might kinda deserve it for the shit she's saying right now, it seems kinda clear that she's deliberately trying to provoke her for some reason. Maybe she just doesn't like her (unsurprising since Reisen IS technically a traitor) but it also might be part of some plan to escape, or at least turn this current situation in her favor.

Then again, it could be that Silver's objective isn't purely to provoke Reisen, but to distract us with calming the angry moon-bunny down, in which case intervening might not be such a good idea.

...of course, that could just be the part of me that wants to see a moon-bunny cat-fight go down talking.
>> No. 17027
[X] Stop her

If tempers start flaring it wouldn't do anyone any good, and we don't need the rather ignorant village folk to get a bad idea from this.

It's clear that Sliver's taking advantage of Reisen's weakness if anything just to spite her.

And this is for Sliver's own good (It's said in a few things that Reisen's quite talented for a moon rabbit) So a fight wouldn't end well for the other rabbit.

This is going to be a long day for Shiro...
>> No. 17028
[x] Don't intervene, unless one of them looks to become seriously injured. They need to fight this out.

This fight has been a long time coming, and voiced anger that is acted upon is far greater of a reaction from the rabbit than anything we've gotten from her yet. I don't think the fight is as uneven as one might think in Reisen's favor, otherwise she would've used her mindh4x already. The other rabbit is also less likely to have undergone the prolonged de-conditioning Reisen has since her military days.

I can understand their antipathy. The moon rabbit despises Reisen because she is a deserter and a traitor to her country and kin. Even though she fled the moon herself, she wants to distance herself from the 'true' traitors to avoid feeling guilt. On the other hand, Reisen sees the moon rabbit as an unwanted reminder of the past she'd rather forget. Part of the reason Reisen is so fiercely and unquestioningly loyal to Eirin is because she [i]does[/] feel ashamed of deserting.

And when they're done, lying exhausted, bruised, and panting, we get to tell them: "You both came from the moon, but you're on earth now, so learn deal with it."
>> No. 17029
Let's live up to our namesake.
>>[] Try to stop her, but fail

[+] Stop her
>> No. 17030
>>17020
>“I don't mind what you think, but you're insulting my Master by doing this.” Ah, this was about Eirin.
Makes sense, but then:
>“This isn't about me.” There was some restraint left in her. “Eat the food that Master bought for you.”

Person that bought food = Master = Shirou. Some speculation here, but I think Reisen is here on orders from Eirin to play up the "normal human can have his way with us" angle that she displayed when Shirou got to feel her up. It certainly did get the biggest reaction from Silver, and I can see why Eirin would want to reinforce that notion. We haven't had much success so far, so I'm down with running with the extra chance Eirin and Reisen are providing. Whether we have the same license to use Reisen's body like did Eirin's... well...

[X] Stop her; move next to Reisen, wrap an arm around her hips and hold her close
[X] To Reisen: "Now now my dear, you heard the girl. She doesn't take orders. Not yet, at least."
[X] To Silver: "It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you don't have enough energy to enjoy what I have planned for later. I would wager that it is going to be quite demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it until the very end."

Too much of a switch? Perhaps. But I think it would be kinda' amusing to start hinting that the meek and kind behavior has been a front until now; something meant to lull her into a false sense of security. Having a human display that much authority must drive Silver up the wall. Best case scenario, Shirou makes some advancement in dealing with her. Worst case, Silver keeps giving us the silent treatment (which is what we're getting anyway). Also, Shirou (and Anon) has been misdirect by vague statements like that for so long now, I think we're well aware of how to use them to our advantage.
>> No. 17032
File 124888204442.jpg - (36.22KB, 750x600, people.jpg) [iqdb]
17032
>>17030

This.
>> No. 17033
>>17030

Hmmm ... Does Teruyo approve?
>> No. 17036
>>17030

Sounds nice but would it actually fly.... I'm changing my vote to this.

Let's hope our hero can pull this off without something going wrong. (And Reisen might be honored to get groped by the hands that groped her master.)
>> No. 17037
[x] Slap them both.

Its like Dynamic Entry, only you get to hit girls as well! Silver is a bitch and Reisen should know better.
>> No. 17038
[X] Stop her; move next to Reisen, wrap an arm around her hips and hold her close
[X] To Reisen: "Now now my dear, you heard the girl. She doesn't take orders. Not yet, at least."
[X] To Silver: "It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you don't have enough energy to enjoy what I have planned for later. I would wager that it is going to be quite demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it until the very end."

Oh well, lets try our luck.

As if we have any.
>> No. 17039
[X] Stop her; move next to Reisen, wrap an arm around her hips and hold her close
[X] To Reisen: "Now now my dear, you heard the girl. She doesn't take orders. Not yet, at least."
[X] To Silver: "It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you don't have enough energy to enjoy what I have planned for later. I would wager that it is going to be quite demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it until the very end."

Seems all well and good but...

If the bluff (or is it..?) is called, what then..?

Assuming Teruyo even lets this fly considering Shirou is technically "intervening"...

I don't see why not...
>> No. 17042
[X] Stop her; move next to Reisen, wrap an arm around her hips and hold her close
[X] To Reisen: "Now now my dear, you heard the girl. She doesn't take orders. Not yet, at least."
[X] To Silver: "It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you don't have enough energy to enjoy what I have planned for later. I would wager that it is going to be quite demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it until the very end."
>> No. 17043
Shirou should just walk away from all the drama, causing the shock collar on Silver to activate.
>> No. 17045
[x] Stop her

Acting like a smug douchebag is not going to win us points with Silver or Reisen and it's not Shirou.
>> No. 17046
[x] Stop her
>> No. 17047
[x] Stop her
>> No. 17049
Since when do I disencourage write-ins? If it's extremely stupid or misguided, I'll point it out. Otherwise, if it's too out of character or something, I may give some warning but otherwise write around it as best I can like I've done several times. Accompanying logic with votes makes this much easier, of course, seeing reader intent plainly.

Tl;dr go for whatever you want like always

Oh, and I'm kind of busy right now. So even though I could call it right now, feel free to vote further or discuss it more or whatever if you want. This is more of a general observation than this specific case, but I feel that sometimes anon has good ideas which wither away due to lack of explicit reasoning behind their choice. That is to say that people vote against those ideas just because they're not convinced. In any case, I'll be free in a couple of hours likely.
>> No. 17051
[X] Stop her; move next to Reisen, wrap an arm around her hips and hold her close
[X] To Reisen: "Now now my dear, you heard the girl. She doesn't take orders. <i>Not yet</i>, at least."
[X] To Silver: "It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you don't have enough energy to enjoy what I have planned for later. I would wager that it is going to be quite demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it until the very end."
>> No. 17052
>>“It looks like besides being a coward, you cannot hear properly. Poor wretched girl.” The rabbit smiled smugly. “Like I said, I do not take orders from you.”

And just who does she take orders from, I wonder? If the idea of all of this is to get information from her, could this possibly be an opening?
>> No. 17060
>>17049
>I feel that sometimes anon has good ideas which wither away due to lack of explicit reasoning behind their choice.

Agreed and then some, especially since this story seems to be the kind that thrives when anon tries to formulate an appropriate response given the details provided (at times).
>> No. 17081
File 124898437316.jpg - (102.95KB, 640x640, 1245668096164.jpg) [iqdb]
17081
[X] Stop her; move next to Reisen, wrap an arm around her hips and hold her close
[X] To Reisen: "Now now my dear, you heard the girl. She doesn't take orders. Not yet, at least."
[X] To Silver: "It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you don't have enough energy to enjoy what I have planned for later. I would wager that it is going to be quite demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it until the very end."

I'm willing to see where this leads.
>> No. 17082
>>17045

i will now proceed to defend the option of embracing Reisen.
The only reason dear Shirou behaves like beloved Emiya Shirou is because we chose so. We, anon, chose to forge a clumsy oblivious character on the shape and image of Shirou from F/SN. However, our dear writefag has stated numerous times that both characters are, in fact, not related at all. It is for this reason that we have the possibility, and indeed, the obligation, to keep forming our Shirou as we so please, by the form of the story choices, even though his base personality is mostly set already.

tl;dr: he's going to attempt a bluff, in hopes of following Eirins example, he can pull it off if he really concentrates.
>> No. 17083
>>17082
Even if it is a bluff, I don't see how it will win us points with either of the two bunny girls.

>Oh hey, I'll just incite more of Silver's Earthling-rage and undermine Reisen's reputation by making her out to be a Earthling-lover in front of said previous Earthling-raging person while Reisen is trying to defend her honor.
>> No. 17084
>>17083
um, Reisen IS an earthling lover or neighbour or whatever, and apparently we are her master, somehow, so appart from having no reputation to defend whatsoever, the only "points" we can score are reactions from Silver. Reisen should know about when Shirou and Eirin got a reaction out of Silver, and i dont think she's just gonna throw us flying with a judo grab for embracing her. Also, time for getting reactions out of Silver is running out. I dont want to waste good chances. Even if all we get is more bunny-rage, at least it will be something to work with.
>> No. 17085
>>17084
Alright, let me break it down.

Silver hates Earthlings, seeing them as impure
Silver hates Reisen, seeing her as a traitor/coward
Silver and Reisen are arguing and the former is using point #2 to attack the latter
Shirou is an Earthling, so Silver doesn't like him very much


What would happen, from Silver's POV, if Shirou insinuated that he, the "impure Earthling", has a romantic relationship with "coward" Reisen? Also, Shirou insinuates everything in a jerkish manner with subtle sexual innuendo to boot in clear contradiction to his earlier self.

Silver would:

A. Join the two in a hatesex threesome.
B. Become cooperative and friendly.
C. Get even more ammunition to rage at Reisen with and start seeing Shirou, along with all other humans, as two-faced, condescending perverts due to her inherent Moon-bias.
D. Go spelunking.
>> No. 17086
>>Even if all we get is more bunny-rage

"More" suggests there's any actual rage to begin with, which I do not believe is the case, here.

>>Silver spoke clearly and deliberately. Her eyes had come to life, showing a cool and cruel intellect at work.
>>The rabbit smiled smugly.

Her previous incidents of speaking seemed to stem more from disgust rather than anger, and this time there's not even that.

This isn't rage. This isn't even disgust. This is someone who knows exactly what they are doing, and are intentionally pushing Reisen's buttons to get a rise out of her, for some reason.

Now think, why would she be doing this, now?
If Reisen has been tailing us for a while, and doing so poorly at it that even Shirou noticed her, it's probably safe to assume that Silver has been aware of her well before now, and the knowledge that backup wasn't far behind may very well have been one of the only things keeping her from attempting to overpower Shirou the second an opportunity presented itself.

But now, the situation has changed. The backup has been ousted and is right in front of her, and she just so happens to know just what buttons to push to get this potential threat angered and more likely to make mistakes.

This isn't a bunny that's RAGING right now. She's pulling some mind-fuck on an enemy to turn her situation to her advantage.
>> No. 17087
>>17085
>Silver hates Earthlings, seeing them as impure
Agreed in as much as Silver dislikes Earthlings for some reason.
>Silver hates Reisen, seeing her as a traitor/coward
Yes, unless Silver has seized upon this aspect solely in an effort to provoke Reisen
>Silver and Reisen are arguing and the former is using point #2 to attack the latter
Yes, but only to the extent that Silver actually believes what she is saying. Attacking a flaw, regardless of whether she believes such a flaw actually exists, is a fairly smart tactic for an enemy operative. Such provocation invites careless behavior and offers opportunities to capitalize on lapses of judgement.
>Shirou is an Earthling, so Silver doesn't like him very much
Very much so, and that is where we begin our attack. The liberties a mere Earthling displayed with Eirin drew an unusual amount of rancor from the entirely too reserved Silver. Imagine what such activity will elicit from Silver when the very same human not only behaves in the exact same fashion but also subdues a righteously indignant Lunarian. A mere human not only had free reign to 'molest' the body of the Brain of the Moon, but he also placates an indignant lunar rabbit. A rabbit not entirely unlike herself, mind you

Time proven assumptions and things one once considered universal constants are being shaken at their very core by someone you've dismissed as a door-mat due to his entirely too amicable care taking. That is to say; what you thought was a negligible servant is actually the Master Mind and has wormed his way into your defenses. You have 10 seconds to respond before he drags you deeper and darker than what you imagined. Go.
>> No. 17088
>>17087

Great points, I'm glad I'm going with that kind of vote (and not just for the chance to get Reisen.... better)

Since this path might result in Shirou doing some mindfuckery of his own as a result.
>> No. 17089
>>17086
Or Reisen could have purposefully revealed herself. She seems to be militarily trained, so I doubt that she'd be so inept in hiding. I would argue,using your psychological warfare scenario, that Reisen is the one playing mindgames to give a false sense of vulnerability.

Rage is rage whether it's expressed or not. Silver seems to be the silent rage type.

>>17087
I understand your reasoning, but I question the conclusion that it brings. Aren't we trying to befriend Silver instead of fucking with her until she's submissive? I mean, we're trying to show how nice Earth is and then we start intimidating her. I assume that Anon wants Silver to be an ally, not enemy.

Also, I think you're being a bit hyperbolic (lol hypocrisy) regarding Shirou's intimidation ability and Silver's reaction.

>placates an indignant lunar rabbit. A rabbit not entirely unlike herself, mind you

Placating Reisen won't have much effect as Silver doesn't see her as an equal. Silver'll just see it as another sign of Reisen's weakness. The "molesting" would only work with somebody Silver respects (or at least, fears) like Eirin.

>Time proven assumptions and things one once considered universal constants are being shaken at their very core by someone you've dismissed as a door-mat due to his entirely too amicable care taking.

It's more likely that Shirou's sudden (somewhat campy) change in approach will be seen as an obvious bluff. You're totally overestimating Shirou here.
>> No. 17092
>>Or Reisen could have purposefully revealed herself. She seems to be militarily trained, so I doubt that she'd be so inept in hiding. I would argue,using your psychological warfare scenario, that Reisen is the one playing mindgames to give a false sense of vulnerability.

Because if there's one thing a technologically-advanced civilization armed with overkill weapons like Planck bombs would bother training their servant class of expendable cannon-fodder in, it's stealth and how to effectively tail people.

Besides that, the fact that Reisen fled is probably good indication that even though she was technically a soldier, she wasn't really a particularly GOOD one. Silver, on the other hand, is also trained, and for all we know may be even better-trained than Reisen was. It's been a while since Reisen fled to Earth, after all, so Silver may know some things the other moon-bunny does not.

What also makes me think this isn't an act on Reisen's part is that she's already shown herself to be bothered by Silver's behavior once before, when she refused the food Shirou made. Considering the nature of the room made it impossible for Silver to see or hear what was going on, there is no reason to believe it was an act then. Considering Silver's doing basically the same thing here, but throwing some smug insults into the mix, and you really think Reisen isn't getting genuinely upset by this?
>> No. 17094
The votes for the write-in and just stopping are tied according to my tally. I'll be going with the write-in, but compromising a little bit to make both camps happy. I assume there won't be objections to that, and I'll get to writing soon enough.
>> No. 17096
>>17094

Stopping Reisen has 8 though.

What the hell tally are you seeing?
>> No. 17099
[X] Stop her; move next to Reisen, wrap an arm around her hips and hold her close
[X] To Reisen: "Now now my dear, you heard the girl. She doesn't take orders. <i>Not yet</i>, at least."
[X] To Silver: "It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you don't have enough energy to enjoy what I have planned for later. I would wager that it is going to be quite demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it until the very end."

T-T-T-TIE BREAKER!
>> No. 17100
When in doubt, let the story teller take care of it. Leaving it in your hands, Teruyo.
>> No. 17101
>>17092
>Because if there's one thing a technologically-advanced civilization armed with overkill weapons like Planck bombs would bother training their servant class of expendable cannon-fodder in, it's stealth and how to effectively tail people.

What? That's ridiculous logic. What sort of civilization solves all its problems with WMDs? Warfare cannot be boiled down to "the bigger bomb wins". You don't see real life nuclear powers pulling that shit.

It's more plausible for Reisen to be playing the mindfuck game as unless she is incredibly incompetent (which I find hard to believe). She might be losing, but that does not change her original motive.
>> No. 17102
>>17101

Yeah the big guns are there mainly to scare off anyone who tries to attack.

I do not think that moon rabbits are cannon fodder. For one cannon fodder aren't stage 5 bosses, they're more like a stage 1 midboss.

I still stand by my belief that Reisen would have an edge in combat, if anything due to her ability (I believe it was mentioned in SSiB or CiLG that moon bunnies do not have special abilities like Reisen normally)

Still the main thing is what Shirou would do.
>> No. 17103
>>17102
>(I believe it was mentioned in SSiB or CiLG that moon bunnies do not have special abilities like Reisen normally)

No, just that Reisen was exceptionally apt at this skill, despite her generally poor performance. However, moon rabbits are unaffected by their own powers.
>> No. 17106
>>What? That's ridiculous logic. What sort of civilization solves all its problems with WMDs? Warfare cannot be boiled down to "the bigger bomb wins". You don't see real life nuclear powers pulling that shit.

Not my point. Setting aside the fact that part of the reason you don't see real life nuclear powers pulling that is because of that whole "mutually assured destruction" thing, whereas the Lunarians are the ONLY ones as heavily-armed as they are, and thus has no such deterrent, my point is that a civilization that prides itself on being superior to everything else like the Lunarians do, and arms itself with such ridiculously overkill weapons that no-one else has or can hope to match them isn't going to really care a whole lot about things like subtlety.

The Lunarians weren't said to have repelled Yukari's invading force of reality-breaking monsters 1000 years ago through espionage and subterfuge, they were said to have done it through crushing them with technological superiority and sheer force-of-arms.

Plus, consider just what sort of combat someone like Reisen would have been trained for, fighting back an invading group of dirty, filthy, inferior humans who landed on the moon. Lunarian defenses would almost certainly have been in place to keep those filthy, impure, inferior creatures out of anywhere anyone actually lived, meaning most combat would have to take place in the barren "light" side of the moon. Now, does an air-less desert of craters and rocks really lend itself to the sort of sneaking you would do on Earth? Even if it did, would the Lunarians consider it a worthwhile expenditure of time and resources to train for, if all that's being fought are what they consider to be vastly inferior beings? I doubt it. They would probably figure the bare-minimum of effort and firepower would be needed to drive back the filthy, impure savages and discourage them from ever trying to ever come back, which would probably explain some of the shock and surprise that drove Reisen to run away when it turned out the humans were better-equipped and armed than anticipated, and actually put up more of a fight than they thought they would.

In sort, I doubt Reisen would ever have been trained in the aspects of stealth and psychological warfare you seem to think she was, because no one would ever have thought such training was necessary, and even if they re-evaluated that stance, by that point Reisen had already fled to Earth, meaning she would never have been a part of such new training.
>> No. 17107
>>For one cannon fodder aren't stage 5 bosses, they're more like a stage 1 mid-boss.

You're not taking into account the scale of things, however. Compared to your typical Gensokyo combatants, yes, perhaps your typical moon-bunny would rank about where Reisen does. Compared to the higher-ups on the moon, where you have people like those HAX-bitch sisters, though? No, they're definitely only Stage 1 bosses compared to them, if even that.

Of course, this is ignoring the fact that stage boss order, and in fact the very nature of danmaku battles themselves, are completely irrelevant in regards to ranking actual power. The highest Cirno has ever been up to now was a Stage 1 boss, and yet even she can take down Reisen, or even Yuuka, in a danmaku battle.

Actual, life-or-death, kill-or-be-killed combat is a completely different matter.
>> No. 17108
>>17107

First I must say it was said hax sisters that remarked on Reisen's talent (So that obviously means that she's no ordinary bunny)

Second in PoFV the common action after beating Yuka in a round by a character is to RUN LIKE HELL. There's a reason why no one messes with Yuka

Also in the games the stronger characters have the worse patterns. (Compare Cirno's patterns of Flandre's)

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sliver did get special sneaking training, but at the same time, Eirin could have easily taugh Reisen such skills in the rare case that Reisen would scout.
>> No. 17111
>>17108
While I don't doubt Reisen may have learned some new tricks in her time under Eirin's tutelage, I don't think stealthily moving about outside Eientei was among them.

The whole point of Eientei was to allow them to hide, and as the most recent escapee from the moon, Reisen was the most likely one the Lunarians would be coming for if they ever showed up in Gensokyo. If they caught her, they could trace her back to Eirin, and if they get to her they get to Kaguya, and Eirin would NOT let that happen. In that regard, keeping Reisen hidden would be almost as important as hiding Kaguya herself, so there's absolutely no logical reason why any of them would risk exposure having Reisen do any sort of work, scouting or otherwise, outside of Eientei while they were trying to remain hidden. Especially not when they already have someone far more capable, experienced, and familiar with the lay of the land in Tewi and her network of rabbits to do that sort of thing.
>> No. 17112
>>The highest Cirno has ever been up to now was a Stage 1 boss

i think you wanted to say stage 2. rumia was stage 1 boss.
>> No. 17114
>>17112
Adaptation decay.

This argument shifted in strange ways.
>>17030
That depends on whether Shirou can jump topics rapidly. He has to go "she said 'food bought'" which means "him (me)" who is referred to as "Master." Then we have to play around with the concept of why Reisen is here at all and that's not straightforward. Eirin's actions suggested an intimate relationship between Lunarians and Earthlings, as far as Shirou understood it, not a subjugation or servitude. It was Silver who was talking about that. I'm not sure we have bridged the proper nodes that would make the act we did before relate to the act we'd be putting on now, or relate the act we put on then to the extent that Silver understood it.

>>17089
This is one of those cases where Hitchcock orders the female lead into a room she already knows has birds in it, despite it making no sense. If Reisen's ninja training is good, the only reason we'd have such a scene is because Teruyo said so. If Reisen expected us to catch sight of her and call her over - she didn't seem to mind... - then she's done so, out of jealousy or on orders from Eirin. We aren't even on the same page as her if this is part of a/the same Eirin ploy. She was nervous this morning too when she escorted Silver to us. We didn't ignore that Reisen is following us, but Shirou hasn't even given a thought as to why she is.

If we didn't have the luxury of thinking this over in such depth, they'd probably be beating each other to a pulp already by the time Shirou jumped topics enough to determine what was what so the plan could go forward. We have hours and days to think this over, he's right there. Unless Shirou world runs on plot time.

>>17099
Whatever the case is, this. Just ... this.
>> No. 17116
There were only a few moments left in which you could intervene before things got ugly. Reisen looked to be barely restraining herself while the other rabbit prodded her along. It wasn't like her to be so mercurial, something which threw you off even more. You hoped to stop her before she exploded, and it fell upon you to silence the rabbit as well. And to silence Silver, there was only a single precedent that might work.

Reisen looked to you as you came near her, seeking validation for her attitude. You smiled at her, noting that Silver was watching you as well. It gave you hope that what you were going to do was going to work.

Your arm wrapped itself around Reisen's back, leaving your hand on her lower side.

The smile on your lips remains as you look at the lilac-haired rabbit. She looks at you with some uncertainty, but doesn't verbalize it. Her body flinches slightly to your touch, but otherwise crumples to your initiative. No doubt that if any of the villagers saw you now they would forever label you as something that you're not.

“Now now, my dear,” You held her close, leaving virtually no gap between your bodies, “she said that she doesn't take orders.” The smile on Silver's face didn't look quite as smug now, decaying into something more modest-looking.

You could feel Reisen trembling slightly, but doubted that that was from anger now. It would be better if it wasn't.

“I would like it if you ate.” You direct yourself to the other rabbit. “It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you didn't have enough energy for later. It's likely to be demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it.” By now, Reisen had simmered down, a smile replacing her anger. At least overtly she wasn't upset, and that was all that mattered right now.

“If you wish me to eat then I will.” Silver's words caused Reisen to flinch again, but she ultimately said nothing.
“Good then.” I hadn't expected the ploy to work really. I watched as she took a reasonable bite from the food and chewed. “Is it good?”
“It is good.” She nodded after swallowing. Without any further comment she took another bite, looking as close to being happy as you had ever seen her.
“I'm glad then. Make sure to eat it all up then.”

You take several steps back to the spot you previously were standing in, bringing Reisen along with you. “Don't let her get to you.” You whisper in her ear before letting go of her. A silent look of assent is your reply. Before you move away though, she goes further and quickly kisses you on the cheek.

You try not to overanalyze that, seeing that the other rabbit has just finished her lunch.

“Is there anything you want to do now?” There might be a chance that she actually tell you in words what she wants now. “I thought of perhaps going back now, but am willing to go somewhere else if you want.”
“Whatever you wish to do is fine with me, master.” The way she addressed you was a bit of a surprise. There was no signs mockery in her tone, nor anything else that made it seem like she was being anything but earnest. Nor were there any furtive glaces at the other rabbit, signaling an open challenge.
“Very well.” You don't let the doubt and apprehension within you show. “Could we perhaps clear up some things now?” You don't wait for a real answer. “Why haven't you spoken to me until now?”
“It's not my place to, that's why.” An expression of humbleness. Something which looked at odds with her naturally cold and stoic look. “I should not speak unless directly spoken to.”
“But I did speak to you and asked question even. Why didn't you say anything then?”
“Master's rhetorical questions aren't for me to answer.” Her level tone gave a level answer.



You were sure that you had said more things besides just 'rhetorical questions'. You quickly look at Reisen – if she had anything to say, she was suppressing the desire quite well.

“Well then, we'll go back now.” You decide. There's nothing else to do at the village that you can think of. There are a few people here that you could see, but it'd probably be best not to see then. You signal Reisen and start to walk back with her at your side. She seems more quiet than normal to you, but you let be. You can always talk to her later if anything is bothering her.

[] See Eirin together
[] Have tea and hopefully talk
[] Wash your hands on this whole affair and return Silver
[] Other
>> No. 17117
[!/] Have tea and hopefully talk.

Bitches love my tea.
If they don't
>> No. 17118
[X] Have tea and hopefully talk.

>“Master's rhetorical questions aren't for me to answer.”

Rhetorical questions my ass
>> No. 17124
[x] Have tea and hopefully talk
>> No. 17125
[X] Have tea and hopefully talk

After so much of the silent treatment, with the only times she's ever spoken in our presence being to more or less express her complete and utter disgust at our very being, this sudden change has come WAY too easily. We'll go along with it, of course, but something seems strangely amiss...
>> No. 17127
I have red flags going off everywhere but I can't tell what's wrong.

[+] Have tea and hopefully talk
Subject to change.
>> No. 17128
[X] Ravage the two girls in your room, Reisen first.
[X] Have tea and hopefully talk.

I think she's doing this in order to avoid Eirin torture and get us to drop our guard. Shirou should be careful.
>> No. 17129
>>17116
Yeah, I haven't the foggiest as to how to interpret this change in her demeanor. Maybe if we had tried something a little more direct before hand, this behavior could be put into context. However, the change in our attitude (from 'Shirou the Ultimate Doormat' to 'Shirou the Reasonably Assertive') and the addition of Reisen's presence/current performance, introduces too many variables to help thouroughly examine the situation. On the one hand, Silver could be genuinely opening up to Shirou. While unlikely, perhaps showing some initiative/control resonated with her. Something to do with the role/training most rabbits are subject to on the moon, perhaps? On the other hand, maybe this is just another strategy to subvert Shirou and/or Eientei, this time by trying to interfere with Shirou's and Reisen's/Eirin's perceived(?) relationship. Best way I can think to test this situation is to remove one factor while continuing another:

[X] Ask Reisen to leave for Eientei and start preparing the same regimen you enjoyed a few days ago Wink-wink, nudge-nudge and all that innuendo
[X] Have tea and hopefully talk

Asking Reisen to excuse herself while inviting Silver to some alone time will test to see if her politesse is a show or not. Commanding Reisen around maintains some of the authority, but Reisen (as a third party) is no longer present. Depending on how Silver behaves during tea time will determine if she is responding to Reisen's presence or Shirou's 'control.' I don't know if the physical training equipment/track/area Reisen and Eirin set up for Shirou's exercise has been broken down yet or not, but Silver doesn't know how elaborate the situation was and Reisen has been a champ at interpreting Shirou's signals so far.

In before Shirou probably doesn't have the presence of mind to formulate this kind of strategy in real-time. In my mind he is in the zone and flying more than a little high thanks to that peck from Reisen. Note to self: alone time with the NEET can wait next time; we must pamper the bunny Pardon me for enjoying my fiction and making Teruyo flex his literary chops; he handled that last vote better than I could have imagined, all things considered.
>> No. 17130
[X] Have tea and hopefully talk.
[X] Ask her name.

She might respond this time.
>> No. 17131
Well, going by the combination of shock and disgust at the display of Shirou groping the moon's great genius, it could be that whatever intel Silver was given regarding Eientei and its residents didn't exactly include anything about the human who now resided there, nor his relationship with everyone else, meaning all she's had to go on is what has been observed during her time in captivity. Between Eirin allowing herself to apparently be groped freely by this guy, and now even Reisen referring to him as "master", it could be that the new bunny now perceives Shirou to be someone of importance in Eientei, even if she has no idea WHY he is. This sudden change could be an attempt to figure him out, or possibly try to gain his favor or trust in the hopes it might help further her mission somehow.

It might also explain her behavior towards Reisen, just now. Aside from general disdain because of who she is and what she did way back when, depending on what Silver has seen it wouldn't be hard to imagine she quickly deduced that Reisen isn't exactly high up on the hierarchy there. And, since Shirou is apparently one of the higher-ups, that means ol' Reisen is even lower in standing than the human Silver had, up to now, shown so much contempt for. Any way you slice it, Silver would consider Reisen to be beneath her, and so when she dares have the audacity to tell HER what to do, she would of course respond in the way she did.

Heck, perhaps THAT has to do with Silver's sudden change. After assessing Shirou to be someone of importance, and Reisen to be someone beneath him, perhaps she's trying to one-up the other bunny, be it to get in good with her "boss" or just because she considers it a matter of pride to show that she's better than someone she clearly views to be an inferior.
>> No. 17132
[X] Have tea and hopefully talk.
[X] Ask her name.

This, but I do think we might be getting perhaps romantic wise a Eirin with a side of Reisen route.

Consider what Shiro has gotten away with, those two must have some real fondness for the guy.
>> No. 17133
[x] Have tea and hopefully talk
>> No. 17136
[x] See Eirin together, have tea, and hopefully talk.
>> No. 17137
Has Silver seen Kaguya and Shirou interact? Could be useful in convincing her of Shirou's high status in Eientei.
>> No. 17138
>>17137
I was interested in keeping Silver as far away from Kaguya as humanly possible. Not while we still don't have an inkling what she's here to do.
>> No. 17140
“Could you please prepare some tea for us?” You ask Reisen to help out as soon as you get back. The rabbit nods silently and goes off into the corridors while you sit down in a nice quiet room. You leave one of the sliding doors open, connecting you to the outside world. Silver really doesn't seem to speak unless spoken to, and seems to make a point by standing even while you sit down. “Please sit down.”

She complies, and sits at a diagonal from you. You look her over, looking for any difference in her appearance since this morning. It's hard to see anything that might explain the (slight) change in attitude. Her eyes are still as dull and listless as ever. In the shade, her white dress looks grey, almost matching her lead-colored hair. She doesn't even look any more relaxed or at ease than before, seemingly ready to spring up at any moment. Is it just the way she is? Hard to believe that anyone could be so tightly wound up.

“Did you enjoy going outside?” You aren't about to just silently sit and do nothing. With your question, she turns her head and looks directly at your face. There's a certain intensity to her gaze.
“I enjoyed Master's generosity.”
“That didn't answer my question.” Her politeness was a new thing to you, and felt very off. “Did you enjoy going outside? Going to the village?”
“I am sorry.” She said without actually looking very sorry. “I did. Master's plans were wonderful.”

The awkwardness of it all puts you off from chatting her up. It's a few moments of awkward silence as you remind yourself why you're doing this to begin with. It was never about getting to know her better or actually showing her a good time. You let out a muted sigh.

In the time that it took you to center yourself, Reisen came in with a tray with cups and the tea. Her plans were clear to you – the third cup was intended for her. She poured the tea, deliberately pouring for your first, herself second, and lastly the newcomer.

“Thank you very much.” You grab a cup. You remember to clearly instruct the other rabbit this time, “Drink up and enjoy.”

There's a pause as you drink and then the other two drink. There is no natural stimulant for conversation here, and there's something amiss in this atmosphere. There's tension to be sure, tension that comes from multiple small sources. It's once again clear that you have to take the lead here; Reisen looks like she won't speak to the other rabbit any more and Silver is, well, her usual stoic self.

The early afternoon sunlight gives a little warmth to an otherwise cold ambient.

“Tell me then, what's your name?” You direct the first question with the barest hint of anxiety. “I highly doubt that by some incredible coincidence I got your name right.”
“My name is Silver, Master.” She answers unhesitatingly. “It's the name that Master chose for me.”
“Yes.” I looked at her to see if she was being petulant. As far as I could tell she wasn't. “I am asking for the name that you went by before you came here. At home, with friends, whatever the case may be. What your real name?”
“I enjoy the name Master gave to me.” She replied non-nonchalantly. I could see that Reisen was showing overt animosity towards her. Silently, I told her to calm down with my eyes.
“Well, be that as it may, that's not your real name.” You try to rationally process this. Her thought process remains elusive to you. “Tell me what it was. Or are you refusing my request?” It sounded pompous, but it wasn't the most pompous thing I had said or done around her. A little more couldn't hurt.
“I would not do so out of my own free will.” There was a cold smile that lacked any hint of even the fake warmth that fake smiles try to carry.
“Then don't waste time on the details and just tell me.”
“I have had no life before Master, therefore I have never had any other name.”
“...”

That was the logic behind it. You couldn't really buy it really. And it was clear that Reisen couldn't either. You don't know what had gotten into her, but her usually calm and collected demeanor seemed to completely shatter today. Was it just the silver-haired rabbit's fault? You had never seen them alone together, just while you have been in the middle of it.

There was nothing to be gained if she was simply going to beat about the bush no matter what I said. She talked to me now, sure, but that was no consolation for the lack of implicit cooperation.

[] Talk/Ask (write-ins)
[] Do something else (write-in)
[] Give up on her
>> No. 17141
>>17138
>I was interested in keeping Silver as far away from Kaguya as humanly possible. Not while we still don't have an inkling what she's here to do.

What's she going to do? Kill her?

Maybe that exercise in futility is what will finally break her resistance.
>> No. 17142
Oh man, she's totally trolling us.
>> No. 17143
[x] Bathe her.

This section is sort of frustrating in an anti-climatic sort of way. I was expecting more of a reaction out of her, not being boring and lifeless. This is no time for subtle mind games! Do something crazy!

Thus you gotta get her naked.
>> No. 17144
[x] To Silver: "Your lack of implicit cooperation is disappointing but not unexpected. I don't think you realize the degree of personal investment I've made in order to ensure your survival here. Nonetheless, if you continue to do as you're told by your seniors--and we are all your senior here--you'll acquire our trust and share in our responsibility, the same as in any institution."
[x] Even if the rabbit doesn't respond, to Reisen: "Well, it should be good enough for Eirin. Positive behavioral responding, regardless of the subject's internal disposition, is her standard of compliance, is it not?"
[x] Assuming an affirmative response, more conspiratorially: "Do you think we should allow her to see the Princess? Initiate her in our little cabal?"
-[x] If yes: "We'll have to make her look presentable then."
-[x] If no or vacillating: "Yes, I guess it's up to Eirin to decide when the time is right; she's the one with the Princess' interests most at heart, after all."
[x] In any event, make sure Silver understands that malingering and subversion of orders will be punished harshly, and that you have broad discretion in its application.

As far as the compliance issue, Eirin has told us as much personally.

The purpose of the second question is first to establish that while Eirin is given due difference by her seniority, Shirou still carries the same decision-making capacity, and secondly that while Reisen is a subordinate she is still a senior member of the household, and one with advisory capacity.
>> No. 17145
[x] "Well then, look at the time. A bath sounds good right now."
[x] "I'll scrub your back if you scrub mine."

So be it.
>> No. 17146
>>17144
I don't like this choice at all. It's well thought-out, but not Shirou-y and predictable from Silver's perspective (the first part anyways).

It seems like this choice just sets us up as a surrogate for Eirin, which is redundant. Shirou needs his own way to approach Silver or this whole escapade would have been a waste of time.

I want my fucking bunny bath scene.
>> No. 17147
[x] To Silver: "Your lack of implicit cooperation is disappointing but not unexpected. I don't think you realize the degree of personal investment I've made in order to ensure your survival here. Nonetheless, if you continue to do as you're told by your seniors--and we are all your senior here--you'll acquire our trust and share in our responsibility, the same as in any institution."
[x] Even if the rabbit doesn't respond, to Reisen: "Well, it should be good enough for Eirin. Positive behavioral responding, regardless of the subject's internal disposition, is her standard of compliance, is it not?"
[x] Assuming an affirmative response, more conspiratorially: "Do you think we should allow her to see the Princess? Initiate her in our little cabal?"
-[x] If yes: "We'll have to make her look presentable then." (cue bath scene)
-[x] If no or vacillating: "Yes, I guess it's up to Eirin to decide when the time is right; she's the one with the Princess' interests most at heart, after all."
[x] In any event, make sure Silver understands that malingering and subversion of orders will be punished harshly, and that you have broad discretion in its application. (cue bath scene regardless.
>> No. 17148
>>17146
>>fucking bunny bath scene.
Hopefully with emphasis on all the right words.

While that would be entertaining, testing the extent of Silver's charade - or schizotypal moment - whichever we're dealing with - may not be working towards the kind of results we are trying to achieve. We need to catch her off-guard.

... I wonder if we can pass off our PDA as the shock collar's trigger in front of her? any thoughts to that?
>> No. 17149
>>17143

Wait.

Wait.

I think he's onto something here!

[X] Bathe her.
>> No. 17150
>>17148
Giving Shirou more authority isn't going to catch Silver offguard. It's an obvious intimidation ploy. She's already been subjected to the ultimate authority of Eientei, Eirin, for quite a while. Showing off the princess won't do much either as Kaguya lacks gravitas due to her being an exile and her position through birth does not beget the same respect as the earned position of Sage of the Moon.

Physical intimidation is also not going to catch her offguard and Eirin would be much more adept at it.

The use of authority is far too conventional.
>> No. 17151
[X] Bathe her.

I have realized: bath option is always the best option.
>> No. 17152
>>Bathe her.

I'm sorry, are we trying to get either her or ourselves killed, now? You guys DO remember she's wearing a shock collar, right? Unless you plan on removing the one thing keeping her from overpowering Shirou's ass and running away, I don't think water is something you want her to be around.
>> No. 17153
>>17152
That'd just throw her even more offguard by showing how big Shirou's balls are.
>> No. 17154
>>17152

Yes. I'm sure that a shock collar invented by the most brilliant mind ever seen in a society that can assemble Planck bombs isn't waterproofed.

It should go without saying, but HURR DURR.
>> No. 17156
>>17150
It's not that. I think that she is acting aloof then faking compliance because she doesn't know what the shock collar's trigger looks like. She obviously doesn't think Shirou is very clever - and we're not innocent of that line of through either - and rightfully she must think this act either bewilders us or we are just that accepting of it.

I was thinking more "bait and switch" tactic. Get her to think she can grab an advantage.

>>17152
I'm looking upon that option with the same kind of morbid fascination. You want to go into an environment that would increase the range (inadvertently, to ourselves) and/or effectiveness of a collar purposefully designed to shock people? Now, this could be a decent gamble and Teruyo writes us around or out of it even if we were to choose it, and he didn't plan for it, but I would have to question the collective's tactics. I understand the concept behind the idea somewhat but we don't know why Silver is actually behaving herself; compromising at least the obvious reason why we haven't been jumped yet - the collar - seems in poor taste.
>> No. 17157
I just want to point out that anon can do anything (yes, that includes subjecting the rabbit to a bath or making her dress up in a sailor suit or whatever). But I would like it if you had clear where you were going with your ideas/options and what it is that you hope to accomplish. It makes determining and properly writing out things much easier.

Doing things just for the sake of doing them isn't necessary. And you can opt to do nothing as well in that case.
>> No. 17158
>>17157
Sorry, got my tripcode wrong. But it's me.
>> No. 17159
The bath thing was sort of a morbid joke with sexy results that I only half sincerely suggested. Mostly I just want to get out of this mindgames funk because its getting annoying, so I voted for something dynamic.

Silver doesn't trust anyone in Eientei. She sees herself as a prisoner held by the people who betrayed her world. And worse yet, the ones who she would have admired have soiled themselves, like seeing a role model on drugs. And here is this human, a filthy lower breed that carries the taint of a dynamic world which has always been seen as a pollutant on the eternal moon. She may be a slave to her Lunarian masters, but humans are nothing but dirt. And now she is stuck with one.

Silver is testing him. She thinks he is less intelligent than her and likely wants to use him, but is wary because she knows not to underestimate Eirin. Before she wouldn't talk, then she became an ice cold bitch. Now she is acting submissive to gauge his reactions. I also think Reisen's presence has something to do with this. Maybe she is mocking Reisen and Shirou's relationship.

Regardless, none of us trust Silver but at the same time none of us have a god damn clue what she is thinking. That makes it very hard to figure out our next move, which (imo) makes the story situation frustrating and less enjoyable. I'm not saying switch it to easy mode, but Teruyo should give a hint or catalyst or something because otherwise it seems like the voters are going to remain too scared to do anything besides talk. Not that talking is a bad idea, but rather not very useful when you don't know what to say.

Which is why I say if she is going to do a 180 on Shirou, he should return the favor in kind. Doesn't have to be a sexy sponge bath, in which Shirou rubs every inch of her exposed delicate skin which quivers in an excited paranoia as he moves the water dangerously close to the collar when she is not answering properly. Just something different. Other ideas include asking Reisen to leave and handing Silver the switch. Just something crazy she won't expect to see her mask slip.
>> No. 17160
Dammit I hate the time dilation effect in which I write something and during that time I miss out on an author reply.

tl;dr
I just want a change in tactics.
>> No. 17161
>>17153

We don't tea bag.
We potato sack.
>> No. 17163
File 124927661046.jpg - (320.86KB, 500x707, 0771fe79ebebaad9d2b940bd95cea024.jpg) [iqdb]
17163
As an afterthought: In all fairness Teruyo did have Reisen appear, which changed the situation drastically, so its not like he's not helping. It was just sort of awkward and we don't know what to make of it.
>> No. 17164
>>17159
In dealing with Silver, there's several paths where you can obtain what you want from her (depending on what it is that you want in the first place). And if you'll notice the previous choices dealing with her have had plenty of actions which were departures from the prevailent attitude. All within a justifiable character motivation framework, of course. If you're dealing with her in a certain way, it's because you choose to do so.

A victory over her isn't necessarily the same for everyone, which is why it's easier if you all agree in the direction you're taking and what your objectives are.

That said, this has only been as important as anon has made it out to be. There have been plenty of chances to let this one go as well. Of course, that may not yield the same satisfaction or even results, but it's a very real alternative. If Eirin says she can handle something, you can bet she can and will do so properly.
>> No. 17165
>>Other ideas include asking Reisen to leave and handing Silver the switch. Just something crazy she won't expect to see her mask slip.

You know, that's not a bad idea.
Of course, we don't have to give her the ACTUAL trigger for the collar. Which reminds me of something we should already have...

>>“The first,” She holds up a small box as big as one of her fingers in the palm of her hand, “is connected to the internal security grid here. Press the button, and we'll be alerted that something is wrong.”

Remember that?

Silver is probably aware there's a manual trigger for her collar, in case she tried something besides running away, and that such a thing would probably be small and simple, with just a single button to be pushed when needed.

So, you give her the remote alarm trigger for Eientei's defense system, but make her believe it's the trigger to her own collar. There's no way in hell she'd risk shocking herself just to check if the switch is real, so she can't exactly call your bluff. Plus, with the actual switch still in Shirou's possession, he can still protect himself should she try to make a move against him, and she wouldn't get far if she tried to make a break for it.
>> No. 17166
>>In dealing with Silver, there's several paths where you can obtain what you want from her (depending on what it is that you want in the first place).

Even her complete and utter loyalty and devotion, pledging herself to serve Shirou and company faithfully until the day she dies? Maybe that whole "moon-bunny competition spiraling out of control until everyone's in a big, naked pile" thing?
>> No. 17167
>>17159
>>17165
I was suggesting to bait Silver with the PDA (passed-off as the collar's trigger) as opposed to the alarm switch as our being called-out wouldn't be as bad as if she did trip the alarm and we'd get to watch the household unravel. I'm not adverse to the substitution, however. A big obvious button would pass faster than an object with a big screen, I suppose.

It would be excellent if she then tries to run. And doesn't get far at all.

As for what we would be trying to accomplish? ... I'll aim low for now, since we still have all day. Get her to realize we're not as dumb as she must think we are, or just get under her skin/fuzz.

Should we let Reisen in on this or try to run with it on our own, asking her to "leave the room for a second?"
>> No. 17168
>>17164

Yeah, what Shirou's trying to do is a nicer alternative for Sliver. Since when Eirin starts, I don't think she'd let petty things like ethics and such to hinder her.

I'm just looking forward to the next major part of the storyline (Since this is a bit of a drag in that there isn't a definitive option)

As for the vote, I'll wait some more to see if a better option comes up.

Our main goal is to get the moon bunny to talk, with other things being secondary.
>> No. 17169
I wonder if there isn't something about those dreams that we could use, after all...

>>Socializing isn't a priority, you ignore your fellow rabbits and chow down on the delicious rectangles.

>>“It probably wouldn't hurt if you socialized a bit, you know?” A dark skinned rabbit remarks to your side.
>>“Shut it. Meal time isn't for talking.” You reply, not hesitating at all in being rude.
>>“You'd treat your elders with such contempt? No wonder you haven't been assigned anywhere. With that attitude, you'll be stuck here forever.”

>>Food. Delicious food. Shut out external interference. Nothing else matters.

>>You're done. But where's the cookie?

>>You look around desperately for the deliciously baked cookie. Nowhere. Nowhere to be found.

>>Wait, no. It's there.

>>On the floor. You reach out for it. But can't reach. So what if you've cast it away? You want it now, that's all that matters! It looks so good too. Not better than those cream-filled pastries though, but still it looks like a godsend. If only you could get it...

>>It's no use.

>>Maybe next time.

>>Yes. Next time. But next time will just be a repeat. Because you want it to be a repeat. It's the only way things can be. Anything else is unacceptable.

>>It's almost worth crying about, really. If there weren't so many other things worth crying about, that is.

Doesn't all of that sound like something you'd expect from a certain someone we know?
Assuming there's any truth to these dreams, this perhaps provides some insight into the mind of our dear Silver, and possibly even a clue as to why she was sent here in the first place.

Think about it. From all we've seen up to now, whatever has been going on has seemingly revolved around Kaguya, and possibly Eirin. Now, really, what exactly could a single moon-bunny hope to do to either of them? One's immortal, and the other is a goddamn ultra-genius. I would think they'd need a whole lot more than a single snarky rabbit to do anything to either of them.

But what if Silver wasn't even meant to succeed in her mission? If her attitude before this whole "Master" thing started up isn't simply due to her current situation, and she really is just like that to everyone regardless of who they are or if they rank above her, then what if there is some truth to that dream? Except, of course, what if she WAS assigned somewhere?

What if our dear Silver, due to her shining personality, was assigned to this apparently one-bunny mission to attack the dwelling of an eternity-manipulating immortal, a genius doctor/expert archer, and a military deserter? What if her disrespectful attitude towards her superiors led them to decide she was highly-expendable, and so regardless of whatever plans they might have for the earth-bound exiles, sent her first on what more or less amounted to a suicide mission?
>> No. 17170
>>17146
>It seems like this choice just sets us up as a surrogate for Eirin, which is redundant. Shirou needs his own way to approach Silver or this whole escapade would have been a waste of time.

Except Eirin would actually go as far as to torture her. Shirou won't. This, not any presumably inability on Eirin's part to effect results (which she is quite capable of doing, as Teruyo has mentioned), is why we've stuck with this so long.

>>17146
>I don't like this choice at all. It's well thought-out, but not Shirou-y and predictable from Silver's perspective (the first part anyways).

I don't think so. Not from her perspective. Shirou is an advocate, yes, but she believes this is just to gain her sympathies, rather than simple compassion. Plainly telling her that you know her robotic compliance is an act and yet not caring providing she doesn't disrupt things, would be unexpected on her part, since it wasn't his benevolence she was relying on in making this ruse, but his ignorance.

And as far as not being 'Shirou-y', this whole endeavor has been 'un-Shirou' in as much as he's taken to subterfuge in order to bring about a desired end. Like Teruyo continually reiterates, just because the character is named "Shirou" doesn't mean every write-in has to play him up as a total idiot. It's perfectly reasonable that he's able to use some of Eirin's methods, being as he's identified them himself in past conversations with her. In fact, mimicking Eirin is exactly what we want to do, so as to abolish her bias against Earthlings as stupid, manipulable, and repulsive.

>Showing off the princess won't do much either as Kaguya lacks gravitas due to her being an exile and her position through birth does not beget the same respect as the earned position of Sage of the Moon.

I think you greatly underestimate the effect Kaguya has on people: She's charming, polite, benevolent, and witty--someone you really just want to please. If anyone is going to tug at the moon rabbit's heartstrings, it's going to be Kaguya, whose personality (when she's in the manner of receiving guests) has not changed since her days on the Moon. This is after all the one whom Eirin left the moon for all those years ago, and has been providing for since. Merely being the object of Eirin's loyalty and veneration automatically establishes her as more demanding of her attention.

Now as for the 'bath' option, you really think the best way of proving ourselves as equal to lunarians is to engage in what is transparent lechery? The point of the public, physical interactions with Reisen and Eirin is to show they're comfortable with their bodies around humans and don't consider themselves tarnished in any sense by this, not that they are our playthings. The mention that she would need energy later is just something to keep her guessing or to get a rise out of her; it didn't work for the latter, and I doubt forced humiliation will. And he was was willing to do so, he might as well wash our hands of the matter and send her off to Eirin, since he no longer has any moral imperative for his involvement.
>> No. 17171
Yo just popping in to state a couple of things (probably needlessly).

1) There is in all likelihood no major plot impact if you give up on Silver. Certain bonus/malus might apply to some situations and you might miss out on somewhat special ways to develop part of your relationship with the characters in Eientei, but it's not a life-or-death thing.

2)As stated above, your actions here affect how some characters might view you. But it's not an all-defining moment (although something of a transition in characterization for some).

3)Whatever the outcome here, there's something nice at the end of this day for Shirou. Beside not having to deal with Silver directly.

4) While the exchange of ideas is important here, don't be timid in proposing write-ins. As of now there's a lot of tentative votes with the majority going towards bathing. As I said before, it's not a problem in itself, but since some of you have very developed opinions it's wasteful not to go anywhere with them.

5)I'm currently playing Kazokei for the first time, probably going to finish a route or two in a single sitting. Maybe sleep (who am I kidding? I won't sleep). But after that timeframe I'd like to write, otherwise it just feels like things are stagnating.

6)>>17166 has always been technically possible.
>> No. 17172
[] Talk/Ask (write-ins)

"I wonder what you were hoping to do with a gutsy one woman charge? I've always wondered that, since there's only one other person crazy enough to try such a thing"
>> No. 17174
[Z] Ask Reisen politely to leave.
[Z] Sit in front of Silver. Stare at Silver. Staaaare. Reluctantly start speaking.
[Z]"I'm going to give up, you know. And that's not something you should look forward to. I'm the nice guy they send in first. What comes next is not enviable. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, which is why I'm here, doing this. So. You can either tell me why you are here, Or I can turn you over to someone who is... Obviously... more skilled at this than me."
"So. Tell me. Why are you here? On Earth?"
[Z] If no answer, give up. You've done the best you can, but you're just not the kind of guy that can do this.


Its time to resolve this and move on. She'll either answer it or she won't. Its her choice at this point and we've done all we can to help her.
>> No. 17177
[x] Ask Reisen politely to leave.
[x] Sit in front of Silver. Stare at Silver. Staaaare. Reluctantly start speaking.
[x]"I'm going to give up, you know. And that's not something you should look forward to. I'm the nice guy they send in first. What comes next is not enviable. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, which is why I'm here, doing this. So. You can either tell me why you are here, Or I can turn you over to someone who is... Obviously... more skilled at this than me."
"So. Tell me. Why are you here? On Earth?"
[x] If no answer, give up. You've done the best you can, but you're just not the kind of guy that can do this.

This~
>> No. 17182
>>17159
I keep asking people: unless it's that kind of story, don't vote semi-seriously.

[+] Ask Reisen politely to leave.
[+] Sit in front of Silver. Stare at Silver.
[+] "Frankly, I'm just doing this because the disruption you created in this household is bothersome. But I'm going to pass; you're not worth it and your act is rather disheartening. I can only hope you weren't looking forward to what comes after because I know Eirin isn't interested in pleasantries such as cooking or buying you lunch to get to know you. It's not something you should look forward to and I was hoping to avoid you the trouble."
[+] "Last chance. Why are you here? on Earth? Either tell me or I shall leave you in the care of someone who is more skilled at this than me for reasons I probably don't find enviable."
[+] "Oh, and finish Reisen's tea. It's not polite."

Count as a vote towards >>17174, >>17177, >>17180. I wanted to go forward with baiting her but, from what it sounds like, we're short on decision time and lacking in organization.
>> No. 17184
>>17174

The ONLY reason i don't like this is because we don't actually loose anything if we try, nothing of value anyways, so i'd rather we keep brainstorming.

>>17172

would you like to develop more on this please?
>> No. 17185
I was hoping with my write in that it catches Sliver off guard, since i doubt she'd expect an enemy to admire stuff like bravery and such.

Though I wished Teruyo would have a bit of a hint of where to go

I think a reason why voters are scared is because the line that they fear to cross.

Also I think the next time Shirou has some time to himself (i.e. not guarding, etc) to go ahead and check his PDA.
>> No. 17187
>>17186
This.
This is what I was looking for. Let's hope the others catch on.
>> No. 17188
>>17186

I'm cool with this.

My vote changes for this X
>> No. 17189
>>17186
[x] this
>> No. 17190
>>17186

[X] this.
>> No. 17191
>>17186
This is a painful and complicated write-in to execute for more than a single reason. I don't know what to do about it just yet, if anything at all, but I guess I have the luxury of giving it time. I shouldn't really even be commenting but it feels like I should be giving a fair heads-up of intent.
>> No. 17192
>>17191

If it's a bit much, I don't see why we (anon) can't simplify it... Or better yet, rather than taking it word for word, can you see the intentions behind the wall of text..?

Essentially its Shirou accepting more or less that chances are "Silver" will not aid as it had been hoped by Shirou.

He's simply giving an ultimatum that either she quits patronizing him and help, or face a fate quite possibly worse than death at the hands of Eirin. (perhaps cheesy but is straight to the point.)

While Shirou wishes that "Silver" would actually aid him and his friends, he has extended beyond that and had invited her to join him/said extended 'family' rather than suffer needlessly.

This is what I've gathered but if I made any errors then post please.

How he says all these intentions is really up to you Teruyo imo... I don't think it's too much to think anon has faith in you being able to weave another enjoyable addition to the story.

Don't hesitate to say if you need more time than usual...

My 2cents...
>> No. 17193
>>17186

Well if all else fails go with cheese.
>> No. 17194
[X] >>17186
>> No. 17195
>>17191
>>This is a painful and complicated write-in to execute for more than a single reason.

And as you're not going into specifics, I'm guessing it's not something as simple and easy-to-fix as "you want to go to _____ and see _______ but you shouldn't know where it is or who they are".

Unfortunately, that somewhat limits our options on our end. If it's at all salvageable, we would need at least some clue as to what does or does not need fixing. Otherwise, I can only see our own options being to either let it go, knowing that there are problems with it, or scrap it entirely and go with something else. I'm leaning towards the latter, personally.

Of course, you could just go about it as suggested by >>17192
Don't follow the words themselves, but the apparent intent, perhaps incorporating the other options in some way, too. Well, if there's no problem in that, of course.


...see, this sort of thing is exactly why I tend to stick to just throwing out ideas rather than proposing actual write-ins. If an idea turns out to be bad or flawed and gets shot-down, no biggie. If a vote winds up being bad or flawed, on the other hand, and other people are going along with it, I can't help but feel a little bad about it.
>> No. 17196
>>17186
Dear god, this write-in is terrible. Why the hell are you people voting for it. It's so cheesy that it's become more condescending than anything else. Shirou is not Dr. Phil or a melodramatic Optimus Prime.
>> No. 17198
>>Shirou is not Dr. Phil or a melodramatic Optimus Prime.

True, but he's also not typically entitled to freely grope and fondle Eirin whenever he wishes, nor is he at anywhere near a high enough station in Eientei for anyone to call him "master", let alone Reisen.

As for the write-in itself, I agree it's bad, but do you have anything better to suggest? "It's bad and you should feel bad" isn't exactly helpful to anyone.
>> No. 17199
>>17198
Give me the bathing option or give me a bad end.
>> No. 17200
>>17198
Also, the lack of a better alternative cannot be used in support of that particular choice. That's bad logic.
>> No. 17202
>>17200
I'm not suggesting anything of the sort.
I just feel that if there's something wrong with a vote, and you feel compelled to criticize it, then the least you can do is have the courtesy to either offer something yourself, or at least suggest an already-present option that you feel would be better.

Frankly, even I think the write-in sucks, and I'm the one who came up with it. If someone has something that I like better, I'll gladly retract my vote and go for that, instead.

Though, if it's a problem for Teruyo to work with, I might just do that, regardless.
>> No. 17203
>>17202
I still think that >>17174 is the best choice. It keeps things simple, doesn't go too cheesy, and gets right to the point without going all wordy.
>> No. 17204
>>17202

This is me.
>>17199
My fault for double posting on an anonymous imageboard.

Best thing to do right now is something stupid and unpredictable to mess with Silver. Moralfagging should be saved for the more gullible and idealistic. Silver seems to be smart and sardonic enough so that she'll just end up laughing in our faces after that ridiculous display. If you think it's cheesy and bad, then why the hell should Silver take it seriously?

That said, Teruyo still owes us an H scene after the whole Aya's Fantasy fiasco. Bath option, damn it.
>> No. 17205
>>Best thing to do right now is something stupid and unpredictable to mess with Silver.

Agreed on that, at least. Though considering how he's been presented as being allowed to treat Eirin and Reisen, would taking the bunny in for a bath really be that unexpected?

We need to do something she wouldn't expect, yes, but I think we can do without the "stupid" part. I mean, if you want "stupid and unpredictable" you may as well vote to have Shirou leave the room, only to return wearing a red and white checkered gingham dress and army boots, shove Silver to the ground, have Reisen hold her down, and proceed to urinate on her while chanting "HOUSE ON FIRE, HOUSE ON FIRE, PUT IT OUT, PUT IT OUT!"
>> No. 17206
>>17205

>bunny in for a bath really be that unexpected?
Yes. When do moderate displays of affection with Eirin/Reisen translate into bathing together with Silver?

Regarding your second point, please do not turn everything into a hyperbole. In context, "stupid" means "silly", not "batshit insane".
>> No. 17207
>>17206
>>Yes. When do moderate displays of affection with Eirin/Reisen translate into bathing together with Silver?

Squeezing someone's ass is a "moderate" display of affection?
>> No. 17208
>>17207
Hmm, I didn't read that section very carefully. The write-in said "hips", so I assumed "hips".

Regardless, it only does not serve as a hint for mutual bathing, at least not with Silver. Shirou's otherwise nice guy attitude would at least create an expectation of respect and fair treatment from Silver as she sees Shirou and Reisen's relationship as mutual. At the bare minimum, he is unlikely to initiate this level of sexual (mis)conduct with a stranger.
>> No. 17209
>>17208
Well, I dunno. I would think if you saw someone groping what was once one of the most highly-respected geniuses of your society right before your eyes, and were made to believe this was a common occurrence, that all bets were off when it came to how you were to be treated by that person.

Especially after they say something like
>>“It's fine if you don't eat, but I would be disappointed if you didn't have enough energy for later. It's likely to be demanding, and it would be a shame if you didn't enjoy it.”

Now, of course that can actually mean just about anything. Maybe Shirou plans on everyone playing DDR for hours on end later on. Or maybe he's planning an epic orgy that will result in everyone winding up in big, naked pile.

The point is, if Silver is imagining the worst possible scenario, then even if being made to take a bath with Shirou isn't exactly expected, it's probably not so far out there that it would be entirely shocking to her, either.
>> No. 17210
File 124935212153.jpg - (110.20KB, 595x842, Niaantispiral.jpg) [iqdb]
17210
Shirou sits directly in front of Silver.

"I'm going to be--" He starts, but is cut off by Silver.

"We are going to destroy you. Your efforts in this are meaningless, as your end will come regardless of what happens to me." She begins, locking her gaze with yours.

Shirou can only sit stunned as he listens to her speak, mouth still open.

"We are going to come down, strip away your defenses and then purge your race from the galaxy before the virus that is mankind can spread any further than it already has. Your kind sickens me and I would have preferred death than spending this time in your company."

Shirou looks deep into Silver's eyes, his own glazed over as hers glows brightly. The last thing Shirou see's before his brain goes dead forever is Silver's Grim smirk as everything goes white.

"Such a pity I couldn't kill him sooner."
>> No. 17211
File 124935364694.png - (15.50KB, 150x181, 1192349426144.png) [iqdb]
17211
>>17174 has the right idea, but I just want to modify is slightly.

[x] Ask Reisen politely to leave.
[x] Order Silver, as her master, to explain why she came here.
if she refuses, tell her this is her last chance. if she still refuses:
[x] "I give up. I tried to save you but it seems like you just don't care. Funny thing is that I'm probably the only person here who even cares for your well being. What comes next I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Guess that why I tried to help."
[x] Walk to the door. "It was nice knowing you, whatever you name is. Maybe in another world we could have been friends. Good bye." Leave and cause the collar to zap her!

And we wash our hands (instead of a sexy bunny, sadly) of it.
>> No. 17212
[X] Ask Reisen politely to leave.
[X] Order Silver, as her master, to explain why she came here.
if she refuses, tell her this is her last chance. if she still refuses:
[X] "I give up. I tried to save you but it seems like you just don't care. Funny thing is that I'm probably the only person here who even cares for your well being. What comes next I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Guess that why I tried to help."
[X] Walk to the door. "It was nice knowing you, whatever you name is. Maybe in another world we could have been friends. Good bye." Leave and cause the collar to zap her!

Okay. I'll go with this.
Otherwise, I'd be tempted to try something like "Confess your undying love for Silver"
>> No. 17213
Oh, I forgot to add:
[x] Return her to her cell if she refuses.

Leaving her in an easily escapable room would be silly.
>> No. 17214
>>17174 here! I like the cut of your jib, Doujin! I hereby change my vote to..

[Z] Ask Reisen politely to leave.
[Z] Order Silver, as her master, to explain why she came here.
if she refuses, tell her this is her last chance. if she still refuses:
[X] "I give up. I tried to save you but it seems like you just don't care. Funny thing is that I'm probably the only person here who even cares for your well being. What comes next I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Guess that why I tried to help."
[Z] Walk to the door. "It was nice knowing you, whatever you name is. Maybe in another world we could have been friends. Good bye." Leave and cause the collar to zap her!
>> No. 17215
>>17214
Thanks! I like your write-in as well. Lets be friends!
>> No. 17217
[X]>>17211

when in doubt side with the good doctor
>> No. 17218
File 124936359884.jpg - (115.42KB, 728x1059, ginaba_of_the_moon_and_inaba_of_the_earth_ch25.ina.jpg) [iqdb]
17218
>> No. 17222
>>17174

I think this is the better option of all the ones in the running. (Vote change from the cheesy write in)
>> No. 17257
File 124966047667.jpg - (140.00KB, 640x480, zetatouhou.jpg) [iqdb]
17257
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've just been busy, sleep deprived, and otherwise not inclined to be writing. I can't guarantee it, but depending on how the next few hours go, there could be an update by the end of the day (server time) or even quite earlier than that.
>> No. 17259
File 124967081889.png - (148.59KB, 500x500, 1248960108219.png) [iqdb]
17259
>>17257
Take it easy. Sip a tea.
>> No. 17260
>>17257

nice screen shot

go ahead and rest up, we don't want you to take it in a bad direction or end up like Camile at the end of the original series.
>> No. 17303
With your remaining presence of mind, you collect your thoughts. Today was a nice day. A nice, sunny, clear day that was ruined by constant worrying and headaches. The whole day was ruined because of a single contagion. Whether it was deliberate or not isn't really the issue at hand. You look across to the quiet rabbit sitting across from you, matching her cool and unreadable gaze with a ambiguous look of your own.

It's time to really settle things, you think. It's strange, given all the trouble that you've given yourself because of this girl, you're not upset in the least. Your breathing is calm, and strings of thought and intent meet to create results.

“Reisen, could you please leave us alone?” You use a soft tone, but one that all the same conveys authority. Under other circumstances you wouldn't order her around, but you feel that its the only way that she'll go.
“Are you sure?” She doesn't seem convinced and talks back. Understandable, but not desirable.
“Wait outside please. I want to talk with her one on one.” You're a bit more forceful with your words.

She understands, and despite looking at you with well-hidden doubt in her eyes, she gets up without further argument. She leaves, closing the sliding door behind her.

A brief silence overtakes the room as you tie the remaining loose thoughts into ideas and concentrate. A string of ideas put into the form of words dance around on the tip of your tongue. You look at the ever-stoic girl sitting across from you. That's right, you hadn't really seen it until now, she's really just a girl. You couldn't see beyond her harsh attitude and sharp words before, but behind that presence was just a girl – one who isn't physically intimidating at all. She even looks slightly underweight and, save for the exotic hair and unusual ears, could easily be any of the multitude of girls you have seen walking around any number of cities.

You show a smile, betraying your calm edging on over-confidence.

“Perhaps you might listen to a request your master has for you.” You make sure to capture her attention completely. “There's no one else here. Just you and me. Anything you say will be heard only by me. So be yourself. And tell the truth.” You throw that in for the theatrics really, you have no idea how she really is deep down. “Do you understand?”
“Quite clearly.” She bobs her head with deference.
“Good.” You get to it, “Then tell me, why are you here? Why did you come to Eientei, and to Earth?”

There seems to be a pause. It might just be your nervousness flaring up, actually.

“It's an order.” You remind her, adding quickly before she replies.

“If you don't mind me asking, why do you wish to know?” She asked blankly. You can't tell what she's thinking. But you don't want to play mind games with her any more. It's her last chance.
“It doesn't matter. You're calling me master, right? Then just follow my command and tell me. My reasons don't factor in at all.”
“There's no reason for you to know, master.”
“You won't say then.” You feel like sighing. She didn't comply with the order. Still, she hasn't been openly hostile, her words sound more like verbal shrug than a confrontational statement. “You know, with this, I give up. I tried to save you but it seems like you just don't care. Funny thing is that I'm probably the only person here who even remotely cares for your well being. I'm not sure what comes next for you, but I probably wouldn't wish it on anyone. Guess that's why I tried to help."

There's a smile on her face. Not a taunting or smug smile, but a display that approaches actually showing some warmth.

“Thank you very much then master.” She bows slightly.

You don't get her at all. You expected silence. Or, in a worst-case scenario, anger and violence. Not this friendliness. She's making the atmosphere like one between chums.

“Well, do you have anything else to say? Since you're speaking and all? I might as well hear you out before I leave.” It's the least you feel you can do after wasting so much time on her.
“The food didn't look that repulsive. Another few days and I might have tried it.” She remarks casually, “Not very likely though.”

You shake your head, hearing her out.

“If I were truly part of this abominable place...” Her eyes lock intensely onto yours, “What I'm saying is that being your attendant would not be the worst of fates.”

You shake your head again. You can't believe her.

You get up, feeling a weariness that you hadn't felt before.

It's the way things turned out. That's it. There's not much else you can say in this situation. What a shame.

With heavy steps, you walk to the door, opening it. Without sarcasm, you say, “ "It was nice knowing you, whatever you name is. Maybe in another world we could have been friends. Good bye." You walk out into the corridor, hearing a soft chuckle coming from behind you.

Reisen's there. Standing to the left, just opposite the room.

“I'm done with her.” You tell her, answering her inquisitive look. You hand over the button doodad that you were given in the morning over to her. “Take her back to wherever she's supposed to be. I'll tell Eirin that I'm done as well.”

She gives you a nod which you hardly see, having already set down the hallway.

Your body really does feel heavy. Or maybe it's just your mind. Still, it's just a fleeting sensation. The more you think about what happened, the more relieved you are of having gotten everything done and over with. There's no more need for you to worry about it. That's a good thing surely.

“Oh, were you coming to see me?” You run into Eirin just outside the clinic.
“Yes I was. I'm done with that girl.”
“Really?” She doesn't sound particularly interested, you think.
“Did I catch you at a bad moment?”
“Hm, maybe.” Maybe that was it. She does look a bit preoccupied to you. She looks down the hallway for a moment but then focuses on you. “So you're giving up? Alright, it's not a problem.”



“So that's that?” You wonder out loud. She doesn't ask anything or make any additional comments on her own, so you were forced to ask that.
“What is there to say? You went in of your own free will, I helped you along as much as you asked, and you stopped out of your own free will. I don't see the problem.”
“But I didn't accomplish anything. I was useless.”
“I'm not going to console you, it's not my job.” She says coolly. But, as if remembering something she does so all the same, “You tried your best, right? Then that's all that matters. As long as you're fine, nothing else matters.”

And that's because she'll get the information she needs herself, you surmise.

“Look, this was an experience for you was it not?” You nod to her words. “Then isn't that a good enough outcome – learning something?”

You agree with her, despite not really knowing what it was that you learned.

“Any experience is good. Take the rest of the day off and relax. Doctor's orders.” She winks and shows you a toothy grin. “You'll feel better in the morning. Maybe take one of those pills to sleep well. I'll call for you if I need your help.”

[] Ask her if she expected this outcome from the beginning
[] Ask what she'll do to Silver
[] Wash your hands of this whole business once and for all already

---
Sorry for the lateness.
>>17260
Well, he ended up recovering and with Fa. So it wasn't a total bad thing. But yeah, it seems like these days its hard to avoid that path.
>> No. 17304
[x] Ask her if she expected this outcome from the beginning
[x] Ask what she'll do to Silver
>> No. 17307
[x] Ask her if she expected this outcome from the beginning
[x] Ask what she'll do to Silver
>> No. 17308
[X] Ask her if she expected this outcome from the beginning
[X] Ask what she'll do to Silver

One can only hope that it doesn't go into too bad of a territory.
>> No. 17309
U-updates? I seriously did not expect this.

[X] Ask her if she expected this outcome from the beginning
[X] Ask what she'll do to Silver
>> No. 17310
[x] Ask her if she expected this outcome from the beginning
[x] Ask what she'll do to Silver

Not winning leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
>> No. 17312
>>17310

It's more the fact we couldn't get through to Sliver, knowing most likely she was dumped here on a pointless mission. I dread what might happen to her....

Still this whole part was a rather confusing thing to the voters.... then again judging by Eirin's reaction... it might have been unwinnable from the start.
>> No. 17316
[X] Ask her if she expected this outcome from the beginning
[X] Ask what she'll do to Silver

>>“The food didn't look that repulsive. Another few days and I might have tried it.” She remarks casually, “Not very likely though.”
>>“If I were truly part of this abominable place...” Her eyes lock intensely onto yours, “What I'm saying is that being your attendant would not be the worst of fates.”

You know, for how she's been the whole time, that was actually kinda sweet.
Good thing Eirin's good at making things "disappear", otherwise I'd worry about feeling bad if we ever found out what happened to her.
>> No. 17317
I would have updated, but busy. Right now I need sleep. Bad. Hopefully I'll be able to get more than an hours' sleep and update when I wake up. It's my intention to write as much as I can.
>> No. 17318
[x] Ask what she'll do to Silver.
>> No. 17340
File 12503938336.jpg - (56.76KB, 550x550, 1250236915277.jpg) [iqdb]
17340
>> No. 17342
“Wait a minute.” You detain Eirin for a moment longer. She's obviously not completely happy about it, but keeps projecting a cordial front. “Did you expect this to happen? With me, I mean.”

She looks at you for a moment, showing an unreadable look that reminds you of the conversation you had just several minutes ago. Her voice is as firm as ever, not hesitating with her reply. “I expected things to develop however you wished them to.”

“What's that supposed to mean?” You ask immediately. You're not sure what she's driving at, and it feels like she's snubbing you for some reason. “I wanted to be helpful and get information from her. I obviously didn't succeed at that.”
“Is that so?” She raises an eyebrow momentarily, before looking down the corridor again. It's painfully obvious that she has somewhere else where she wants to be. Not hiding it very well, she adds, “I plan for all contingencies, no matter the situation. Do not take it to heart if it seems like I simply ignored your efforts. It's my way of doing things.”
“I see.” A strange sense of calmness washes over you. There is latent stress and frustration clawing inside of you, churning about your insides with painful strength. But in spite of that, you understand what Eirin is driving at. To ask any more would be counter-productive and would produce even more stress. There is no guarantee that you won't mull about it later and depress yourself, but at the very least you'll have saved some face with Eirin. “What's going to happen to her now?”

Eirin strains, looking overly conscious of the passing time. “Does it matter?”

Her answer is cold.

“I'll do everything I have to.” She affirms confidently and succinctly. “My objective is not to harm or otherwise punish her, there's no benefit in needlessly causing pain. I'll see what use she has and work with that.”
“That's...” Definitely either her greatest strength or flaw. That attitude of hers, that is.
“We shall see how things turn out.”

You half expect her to offer to keep you updated, but know better than to expect her to make that promise so easily. After all, your own mind is in a languid swirl – if you can't tell what you want, then why should she be able to? There's an enticing feeling of release, of being done with everything that swims around in the periphery of your thoughts. It's tempting to just let it into the limelight, and accept that you've done everything that you can. That's the impression that Eirin is giving you anyways, and isn't that good enough justification?

“Is that all?”
“Oh, yes. Sorry. I've been detaining you unnecessarily,” You comment on the obvious, “It looks like you've got something to do now.”
“...not especially.” Her answer is contrary to her actions. She shifts her gaze around, avoiding yours. It's novel coming from her and looks awkward.
“Then why are you leaving the clinic?” You ask after a moment of confusion. You're not really sure what her attitude is right now. She's unreadable but for all the wrong reasons. You note that she takes another glance down the corridor, looking... you shake your head. You decide that your eyes are playing tricks on you, there's no way Eirin could ever look anxious.
“I had nothing to do there. So I left.” She hugs a clipboard and several papers close, not entirely convincing you that her statement was true.

“If you'll excuse me then.” She begins to slip away. You consider spending some time with her, if only to see what's going on with her.

But, whatever, this isn't your business. You are still feeling faint-headed and you have a lot to think about and process. And things to potentially do.

[] Part ways with Eirin
[] Stick with her
-
A brief, meagre update, but hopefully a prelude to series of faster ones.

>>17340
I can't help but think that that's implying something I know all too well.
>> No. 17343
[x] Part ways with Eirin
>> No. 17344
[x] Stick with her
>>17342
I wanted to write something like get back to work nigger, but i think that pretty much summed it up.
>> No. 17345
[X] Stick with her
>> No. 17346
[X] Stick with her
[X] While walking discretely check your PDA

If to see things through to the end. As for the PDA it's been a while since we checked it, and it's not as if we're in a conversation.
>> No. 17348
[X] Part ways with Eirin
i feel it is clear that we're bothering her, what with the weird attitude and the “If you'll excuse me then.”. It felt harsher than ussual. Besides, im sure we can catch up with the issue later.
>> No. 17353
[X] Stick with her

Okay, I'm curious.
>> No. 17354
[X] Part ways with Eirin
>> No. 17355
[X] Stick with her
[X] While walking discretely check your PDA
>> No. 17356
[+] Part ways with Eirin
Eirin being too obvious potentially means she intends for us to see the act (we aren't the fastest ...). However, I'm for parting ways, for now.
>> No. 17357
>Besides, im sure we can catch up with the issue later.

ha ha ha

[x] Stick with her
[x] While walking, discreetly check your PDA

Why do you people always spell this word wrong?
>> No. 17359
[x] Stick with her
>> No. 17360
She's attempting to brush us off as a way of testing whether we're really dedicated.

[x]stick with her
>> No. 17372
[x]stick with her

The man among men. Teruyo.
>> No. 17389
File 125210023581.jpg - (55.61KB, 664x825, meanwhileateientei.jpg) [iqdb]
17389
>> No. 17421
[x] Stick with her

You follow Eirin around, hoping to go wherever she does. She ignores your presence at first, which is somewhat expected.

You have your PDA, so its not a big deal. No new mails, no weird new software, the horoscope software says that you'll have a good day if you stick to your element. Not so bad. You glance at that program quickly, only managing to establish that the percentage is only at around 50% before being interrupted.

“If you're going to stalk me, it would be polite of you to at least stop looking at that blasted thing.” She mutters with little appreciation in her voice. She doesn't bother stopping or even turning slightly around to look at you. You can't read her mood at all. “Or is it something about me that makes you use that thing?”
“I'm not stalking you.”
“And what evidence do you have of that? You're following me – closely at that – with no regards to how I may feel about the ordeal.” There's something different in her voice. It's not veiled hostility. You definitely discard that as a possibility.
“I'm sorry then.” You put away the PDA and try to keep up with her pace. She deliberately keeps several steps ahead of you. “How do you feel about this?” A strange question to ask when you don't even know your destination.
“I find it tiring. And bothersome – probably.”
“Probably?” The clear hesitation in her voice confuses you. You take a bigger step than usual and boldly grab her arm, stopping her.
“Ah!” Eirin lets out something approaching a yelp, several octaves higher than anything you'd ever heard come from her before.

You look at her, not sure what to do. It's the same for her. For the first time since you've met her, you see her in a state – no, definitely she can't be at a loss for words. That wouldn't be Eirin at all. It's simply your eyes playing tricks on you. She's definitely not staring at you with what could be mistaken for an embarrassed look, a light blush creeping across her face.

You let go after a moment.

“Thank you.” She mumbles, offering no explanation for what just occurred. Not that anything occurred, you rationalize. Definitely nothing just now. You must have blanked out or something. “I've got to do some things in private now.” She adds with a calm and level voice. “I'm sorry.”

“Are you feeling sick?” You manage to ask, voicing a theory that escapes the prison of your internalized monologue.
“No, not at all.” She turns around. “What makes you think that?”
“Nothing.” You let it go for some reason. “Just make sure to get some rest, alright? It's a good thing to force yourself to sometimes.”
“Alright.” She says without looking at you again. You expected her to remind you that she was the doctor here, but instead she just leaves, “See you later then.”

“...Yeah. See you later.” The day just keeps on getting stranger and stranger. You wait a while in the hallway. You're about to fidget with your PDA again, but Eirin's face pops into your mind as you unlock it. You instead put it away and retreat to your own room.

It's well into the afternoon, and almost evening, when you're disturbed. “Yes, come in.” You pull yourself away from your game of solitaire (another one of the PDA's many easter eggs) to face the door.

“Hello there.” There's someone who you've been avoiding thinking too much about since this ordeal with... “Caught you at a bad moment?” She interrupts your train of thought.
“Not really.” A morose and defeated tone accompanies your words. Unintentional. It surprises you.
“Are you sure?” She looks at you in the disappearing afternoon light, her body language betraying discomfort.
“Pretty sure.” You thumb the PDA, quitting the game and putting it on standby. “How can I help you?”
“I want you to come with me for a while.”
“Sorry there, but can I take a rain check?” You're in no mood to go along with her right now. There's a lot that you need to sort out and process.
“I'm not going to take no for an answer.” She insists.
“Look buddy, I just don't feel like doing anything, alright? I'm alright here by myself.”
“But you're sulking.”
“I am not.”
“Yes you are. You're sulking so much that they could even probably tell from the moon.”

You wonder for a moment what kind of technology would make that possible.

“I've had a rough day, ok?” You tell her, turning your body towards the wall. “I think that I can occasionally act like this.”
“We all have rough days. It's alright.”
“Maybe so. But I failed completely at what I wanted to do.”
“So?”
“What do you mean 'so'?” You turn back at her, sitting up. “I failed at all levels. Accomplished nothing.”
“And I”m asking what the big deal is.” She takes a couple of steps closer to where you lie but keeps something of a distance.
“The whole thing is a big deal. I messed up, didn't do what I wanted to do, and did nothing useful. The only way I could make it worse is if I had hurt someone. And I'm not entirely sure I haven't actually.”
“At least you tried, right.”
“That's not good enough.”
“Maybe not to you. But it's good enough for me.”
“...that just makes things worse, you know.” Being forgiven for incompetence hurts. Especially if it comes from the person you wanted to help in the first place.
“I don't see how it does. For me,” She comes closer, squatting next to you, “ever since you since you said all that stuff, all that matters is that we're together. That's how you feel, right?”

A cascade of different emotions is unleashed with her words. Panic, fear, uncertainty, pain, embarrassment, guilt. In the end its embarrassment that makes itself more prominent, and your cheeks burn in what is surely a bright red.

“...Or am I mistaken?” She asks after another pause.
“No, you're not.” You have just enough resolve and composure to answer. A praiseworthy feat, in retrospect.
“Good.” There's a radiant smile on her face. You can tell as much despite the fact you're facing the wall instead of her. You take a few deep breaths. “Now would you please come with me? I've got a nice surprise for you.”

She waits for you to get up, walking over to the door slowly. You see that she still sports the smile you imagined, a smile that would launch a thousand ships. It's enough to melt away all of the misgivings you had earlier for now. You follow her back to her room, which happens to be surprisingly immaculate.

“Clean up?” You ask, finding the complete lack of clutter a novelty.
“Apparently.” You determine that it was probably someone else who cleaned up for her then. “Come take a look at this.”

She points at the adjoining room where she normally sleeps. The cold light of a computer screen lights this smaller room. A catchy melody plays in the background

“Your computer? I've seen it before.” It's still a mystery where she gets the electricity to run it from though (or the whole of Eientei for that matter), and given what little you've come to understand about Gensokyo how it's connected to the internet.

“Not that, what's on the screen. Sit and have a look.”

You do as she says and sit in front of the computer.

“Ah, you were playing this sort of thing?” The visual style is a dead giveaway. “Does it have a good story?”
“For an adult title, sure.”
“...huh?”
“I haven't played much of it though, I wanted you to give it a spin first.”
“I could have sworn you said this was an adult title.”
“It is.” She sits next to you. “Is there something wrong with that?”

There are many things wrong with that, most of all your current predicament and its implications, you reason. But you weakly reply that there is not real problem. Definitely no real problem with a refined and lovely buddy like yours playing male-oriented software that she got from god knows where. And there's even less of a problem with her bringing you to play it and having her watch every step of the way.

That was what was going to happen, you were sure.

“Right. So, uh, this was the surprise?”
“Yup. You look like you need some unwinding, so I got something nice for you to go through.”
“Thanks there buddy, but...” You try to bring up an excuse, but she'll have none of it. You're condemned to playing there and then, no matter what.

But well, after some initial awkwardness, it's not so bad. The game has an engaging story, and it's pretty funny to boot. The cast is well-balanced and all of the usual archetypes are represented. It's fun until you unwittingly reach your first sexually suggestive scene, you rush through it in a panic, glad that it wasn't anything very explicit.

You stop, realizing that you can't go on like this. She's caught up in the game as well, but you feel that her eyes go to your face from time to time, in particular when you have to make a choice.

“I think that's enough for today.” You declare, trying to find a way out.
“Oh, really? But it was just getting interesting.”
“I don't feel like reading more.” Actually you do, it's been a while for you and you missed this sort of entertainment. But you lie anyways.
“Don't be a bad sport.” She sighs. “Or maybe you're not enjoying my company.”
“It's nothing like that, I assure you.”
“Really? If you say so.” She quickly changes topics. “Tell me – who are you going for?”
“Eh?”
“In the game. Who are you going for? I'd like to know.” There's genuine curiosity in her eyes. “You've been making choices left and right, but I can't tell who you prefer.”

This was normal conversation, right? There was no hidden intent behind this innocent-seeming question, right? You chastise yourself. This is your buddy, no need to doubt her pure motives. She's simply asking out of curiosity.

[] The childhood friend
[] The adoptive younger sister
[] The dependable classmate
[] The busty nurse/mother-figure
[] The schoolteacher
[] The tomboyish upperclassman
[] Hoping for hidden male best friend route
>> No. 17422
Eirin is really sharp.... I've already translated the choices to the various characters like this

[x] The busty nurse/mother-figure

Though Kaguya's is more of a female best friend; I wonder how she feels about such a thing...
>> No. 17423
>[] Hoping for hidden male best friend route

Damn you Teruyo, damn you.

[x] The busty nurse/mother-figure
>> No. 17426
[X] The childhood friend

Bah. Everyone knows the "childhood female friend" route is practically mandatory for a first run. Or a second. If you wait for a third, though, there's something seriously wrong with you. Is there something wrong with you? I hope not.

Then you go for the dependable classmate, the tomboy, the teacher, the mother figure, the non-blood-related adopted little sister (who is of legal age, natch), and THEN the super-secret BROMANCE route, assuming there actually is one.
>> No. 17427
[X] The tomboyish upperclassman
>> No. 17428
>the non-blood-related adopted little sister (who is of legal age, natch)

19 years old man, 19 years old.
>> No. 17429
>>17428
Of course, all of that is just plain silly, because we know the truth. Namely,
there is no younger sister route.
>> No. 17431
[x] The dependable classmate

Hopefully, the options have been presented in such a way that you KNOW who you're picking here...


And yes,

There is no little sister route
>> No. 17433
[x] The dependable classmate
>> No. 17435
File 125217260170.png - (438.13KB, 700x980, ef1b8037b17d33ae1ff085d4f4f61af3.png) [iqdb]
17435
Am I the only one whose resolve has not wavered?
Anon, I am disappoint.
>> No. 17436
>>17435
Strange. I wanted to post exactly that picture to get Teruyo to write again.
>> No. 17437
[x] Hoping for hidden male best friend route

The response that betrays absolutely nothing.
>> No. 17438
>>17431
[x] The dependable classmate

Unless someone has a better idea ... Speak now.
>> No. 17439
File 125217930783.jpg - (925.33KB, 800x1000, 89474a86ae48153d050027f6411b74ac.jpg) [iqdb]
17439
>>Unless someone has a better idea ... Speak now.

Well, let's see.
We're currently playing an eroge with our extremely attractive female best friend, who is watching while we play.
Can't you see the potential in this?
Say, as you're playing, she edges herself closer to you gradually. Then the H-scene comes. At first you don't notice, but eventually it comes to your attention that you can hear the sound of your buddy breathing. Breathing that seems to be getting heavier and more erratic as you progress through the scene, and becoming all the more noticeable when she rests her head on your shoulder.
Turning to look at her, your eyes lock, and then...

Depending on the choice you make, she might get more or less into what you're doing. Or she might lose interest completely, rendering the scene a semi-reenactment of the "Let's Play: Bible Black" fiasco from the last run.

So, which option do you think might bring about the most desirable outcome in this scene?
>> No. 17440
>>17439
[] The childhood friend
?
[] The adoptive younger sister
Tewi
[] The dependable classmate
Kaguya
[] The busty nurse/mother-figure
Eirin
[] The schoolteacher
Keine
[] The tomboyish upperclassman
Mokou
[] Hoping for hidden male best friend route
?

If it is something like this, then we should choose the classmate.
The girl who acts like a good friend but is secretly in love with the main character, who never realizes it himself.
>> No. 17442
File 125218117320.jpg - (163.68KB, 1302x930, 27e0143eedbfb240e944ef70c8209aab.jpg) [iqdb]
17442
>>17440
Close, but I don't think it's quite it.
The nurse/mother-figure, teacher, little sister, and tomboy are very obvious, of course. However, I think Reisen fits better as the dependable classmate, don't you think? After all, who does all the cooking, cleaning, and other assorted chores around the place?

That leaves the question of who the childhood friend could be.
Hm. A female character that's a long-time friend of the protagonist, whose scenario likely involves both of them seeing each other as more than just friends. Who ever could that fit with in this story, I wonder? I wonder?
>> No. 17443
[x] The dependable classmate
>> No. 17444
>>17442
No, Reisen would fit more as the childhood friend, her whole character is made for that role.
Kaguya would more fit as the dependable Classmate. She just has the character that can play the role the best for it.
>> No. 17445
I thought the choices pretty self-evident, with no room for overthinking. Truth be told I'm not 100% sure what it is you guys were exactly picturing you were going for when voting because of this. But it's not a life or death decision so it's alright.

Writing now.
>> No. 17446
[X] The childhood friend
>> No. 17447
[] The childhood friend
Kaguya; she's the one that Shiro knows the longest.
[] The adoptive younger (looking) sister
Tewi
[] The dependable classmate
Reisen
[] The busty nurse/mother-figure
Eirin
[] The schoolteacher
Keine
[] The tomboyish upperclassman
Mokou
[] Hoping for hidden male best friend route
Rinnosuke most likely

That's how I see them.
>> No. 17449
Wiseman's got it.
>> No. 17451
File 125219414257.jpg - (490.96KB, 1400x933, eroge.jpg) [iqdb]
17451
“I was going for the dependable classmate character.” You reply as if it's not a big deal. “I thought that much was obvious.”
“Not that obvious at all, the way you're going.” Kaguya comments with a smirk. She's sitting right next t o you, so close that you can't even see anything shoulder down. “You're not supposed to be making choices that go all over the place.”
“I'm so not doing that.” You're defensive about it. “I'm following my heart and doing what I think is right.”
“Not good enough.” Her logic is aggressive, “You have to aggressively seize what you want, and forgo picking feel good choices that makes everyone happy. Otherwise you're just going to end up with that guy.”
“I don't mind if that's the case.” You joke. “He's a real friend and supports the main character in his time of need.”
“I wouldn't mind seeing just how far he would go to support the main character with his loneliness and heartbreak.” There's a dangerous insinuation in her words that make you shudder slightly. “But that wouldn't be the point of the game, now would it? And I'm sure you as a player would feel bad for losing the prize that you at one time sought.”
“I see your point. And I really don't want to find out who would be on top.” You verbalize your concerns, feeling slightly flushed.

A silly grin appears on your buddy's face. You can tell she's imagining it. That, in turn makes you visualize it as well. A forbidden passion, between two close friends. One, dejected by females, the other simply trying to help. They reach out to heal each others wounds in the storage shed. The best friend's cute charms making him look feminine as they begin to explore each other....

“Feh!” You shake your head rapidly, trying to exorcise the demon. Kaguya laughs. She knows.
“Well, I might try to find out for myself later.”
“Spare me the details, please.”
“You know you want to know.”
“I do not. All I want to know in that vein is about the cute and helpful dependable classmate.”
“Keito is a fine choice.” She calls the character by name. “Atrractive, helpful and even a bit doting. I can see why you would like her. It just seems at odds with your general action to go for her now.”
“What do you mean? My actions have been justifiably leaning towards her.”
“Not really. You've raised a lot of flags for other scenarios I think. If you went full on for her now, I think you would just get an inconclusive ending.”
“Well, truth be told, I might have been thinking about someone else despite saying she was my target.”
“That much is obvious. I still think that you might be able to trigger an event scene or two for Akira, but you won't be able to get her best end. The way I see it, you'll only be able to get Tsukiyo's proper end.”
“How do you figure?”
“Well, for starters, have you noticed how the story has been involving more and more of her?”
“She was there from the very beginning.”
“Yes, but not quite like this. Events are revolving around her.”
“Not just her though, there are a few more.”
“But it's mostly her. It almost feels like the others are just there to support her route.”

You think about what she said. She may have a point. It might just have been a feel-good cop out to claim to have been going for her.

“What about you? Who would you go for?” It's only fair that you ask.
“Haha.” She shows the same grin she was sporting before. “I-”
“I think I already know.” You wave her down, regretting coming close to opening that can of worms again. “Is there no one else? I mean, it's not an otome game and all, but there's bound to be someone who you feel at least empathy for.”
“I think you already know the answer to that.”
“I do?”
“Yes.” She nods. “But just in case, let me give you a hint – it's a character with a route. So that means no younger sister who despite her looks claims to be almost 20.”
“They really did drop the ball with that one, didn't they? No one believes she's legal.” It's a bit of a shame, since her character was fun to tease. “But that just eliminates one character.”
“Well, you're just going to have to use some your deductive skills.”

Ultimately, it remains a mystery to you who exactly she prefers. She's keeping it ambiguous on purpose, probably to make you curious. You laugh.

“What's so funny?” Kaguya raises an eyebrow at you.
“I was just laughing at my capricious friend and her ways, that's all.”
“Oh, that's a good thing. It means you aren't still beating yourself up.”
“I guess not.” You smile. It's almost a miracle you're feeling like this now, actually. If things had remained the way they did, you would have sulked in the dark all evening. Instead, you're having what amounts to a good time. There's a lot you could be thinking about and brooding over but it would be rude to your buddy. “Why did you pick this game? I'm sure there's a whole bunch more you could have chosen instead of this.”
“No real reason.” She shrugs, her hair sliding smoothly over her clothes, “It just felt appropriate. Besides, I hadn't played through it yet. It's way more interesting if you play something I haven't seen before.”

You stare at the screen. The dignified house by the forest, home of the protagonist, is depicted. The background music is soft and seems to invite you to click on that 'Load' button and continue playing the game. Except for that groping scene and backgrounds, no CGs have been unlocked either.

“Thinking of playing some more? It's fine with me.”
“I don't really know. I'm thinking about what you said.”
“Tempted to hit the 'new game' button and start again?”
“Not a chance.” You smile. “I chose this path, so it's only fair that I follow it through and aim for the top. If I continue, it's going to be full throttle to the best end.”
“There's a healthy attitude. Giving up halfway doesn't suit you.”
“Can it be later though?” Hopefully much later, since you don't feel like going through the saucy parts with her.
“Sure, we can do something else if you want.”

You look around the room. There's nothing that appealing to you. You're not in the mood for video games.

“There's no one else around, by the way.” She gestures around.
“Huh? What do you mean?” And why is she telling you this?
“Eirin is dealing with some personal issues tonight and won't be around. Reisen is likewise busy with something or the other, and the rabbits have all gone somewhere. We have the whole of Eientei to ourselves. You know what that means, don't you?”
“I...I'm not sure?”
“It means we can do whatever we want, wherever we want, and no one would care.”
“So, what are we saying we should do?”
“What do you think I'm saying?” There's a certain coyness to her words. “I'm just saying we should have as much fun as possible. It's not every day that a chance like this comes up.”
“Alright. I understand.” Probably. “It's just only 9, so we have plenty of night left. We can do plenty of things, so there's no need to just choose just one thing.”
“Agreed.”
“Is there anything you would like to do?”
“At some point, I'd like to grab something to eat, but I'm not hungry right now. Anything else is fine, I feel like I'm bursting with energy. This is exciting.”
“Yeah.” You too are starting to feel a bit excited. Freedom. It's like an artist with an blank canvas – there's the potential for so much. This old massive mansion will be your playground tonight.

[] For now, at least, continue to play the galge
[] Raid the alcohol storage – drink while chilling out
[] Valiantly 'explore' places you can't go to easily while their owners are around
[] Other
>> No. 17453
...Teruyo, if this is an attempt to railroad us into persuing Eirin, you're a bastard.

If it's not...

You are AWESOME.


[x] For now, at least, continue to play the galge

Seems safe enough.
>> No. 17457
[X] Other, try t perhaps read and talk about various games, like the one with the vampire hunter falling for his target. Or the one where the ghost falls in love with the princess of the netherworld.

How clever, Kaguya, she saw right through that. Perhaps a hint to which route we're really on.

Since let's face it plot wise we're on the Eirin route, and chances are good we're on her route romantically if not Reisen's or both.

And I like how she did a bit of commentary on how Anon voted last run.
>> No. 17460
[] Valiantly 'explore' places you can't go to easily while their owners are around

Fuck yes, "exploring" thigns
>> No. 17461
[] Raid the alcohol storage.
[] Valiantly 'explore' places you can't go to easily while their owners are around

This is the perfect plan. This cannot go wrong in any way.
>> No. 17467
>It's just only 9

The strongest time of the day.

[x] Raid the alcohol storage.
[x] Valiantly 'explore' places you can't go to easily while their owners are around.

Alcohol is a good drug because it's predictable; you know exactly what kind of depravity it may lead to.
>> No. 17468
[x] Valiantly 'explore' places you can't go to easily while their owners are around.

Eirin route is go. I'm curious, will we get a third playthrough Teruyo?
>> No. 17472
File 125222351374.jpg - (12.15KB, 200x200, choakingthechicken.jpg) [iqdb]
17472
[X] Valiantly 'explore' places you can't go to easily while their owners are around.
THEN
[X] Raid the alcohol storage.

>>And I like how she did a bit of commentary on how Anon voted last run.

Commentary on the last run? Or commentary on the likelihood of us causing history to repeat itself?

Well, if we're going for an Eirin end, we may as well give it our all and hope for the best.

As much as I would love for us to finally get the NEET in Round 3, I've come to realize that such hopes serve to do nothing but set myself up for disappointment when things inevitably take a turn for the unexpected, as they always do.

There's just no point in planning when we're involved in something, is there?
>> No. 17474
I'll be traveling in a little under two hours' time, and will be most likely internetless for about two days or so. And I'm not sure if I'll have time to write during the trip or its immediate aftermath. I'll try though, so if I sporadically have internet access I'll see what I can do. I'll also try to update before I leave.

>Well, if we're going for an Eirin end

You're going for that now?

>>17457
>Reisen, romantic, etc

I'll throw you another bone - if you try to establish a romantic relationship with Reisen at this point in the playthrough it'll burn you permanently. There's no way around that.
>> No. 17475
>>17474
>>Well, if we're going for an Eirin end
>You're going for that now?

I have no idea. The months went by and i think we all kind of lost track of what we initially wanted to do. i am only going with instincts now.
>> No. 17477
>>17474

I didn't mean in a main route, and frankly plot wise we do seem on the Eirin route.

Romantically? Eirin has the strongest chance. That and more time spent with her due to plot often means more affection points gained.

And I didn't mean Reisen as a main romantic route really. Though what you said about trying to pursue her is just like Kaguya said.

Kaguya seems to be in the position of "highly valued female friend"; The next event might have a chance of changing that, but I think we should focus on a specific end this run and if there's a next one, that.
>> No. 17478
>You're going for that now?

Like hell we are.
>> No. 17479
Dunno what's going to happen, but considering all things, it seems Eirin's route is the one to go if we want a remotely happy ending. Though Teruyo never said which character corresponded to what role, other that Keito (in short Reisen)
>> No. 17480
File 125225891412.jpg - (63.12KB, 600x465, 8a86fa84f54e5b2dd75aa02d0ed407b1.jpg) [iqdb]
17480
>>You're going for that now?

...I don't even know anymore.
>> No. 17481
File 125226215850.jpg - (797.63KB, 900x1400, b8b5478944e0443c0643987fcd6c724b.jpg) [iqdb]
17481
Who knows.
>> No. 17488
>>17481
Man, that makes me want to post that random piece of erotica I wrote a bit earlier with a very moe Eirin. Delicous Eirin is delicious.

Also, yeah, updates, working on it. Gimmie a bit. I'm on it.
>> No. 17490
File 125228252796.jpg - (76.82KB, 600x700, 8fbb025376c6fea4d943d1ac258e2842.jpg) [iqdb]
17490
>>17488
New Thread
>> No. 17493
>>17488
Moe Eirin; do want indeed. I wonder if it's side story material perhaps or something to be worked into things depending future events.
>> No. 17497
Sorry guys, pure unfiltered RAGE got the best of me, as such I've failed at finishing the update in time. I've now got a 11-12 hour flight and a 2 hour connecting one after that, so I won't be able to update until that's over I assume.

>>17493
Definitely no erotica involving a moe Eirin this playthrough. It's just not set up for her to be acting like that.

As for the rest, you people really are a piece of work. Not enough to make me rage though, don't worry about causing that.
>> No. 17498
So, um, I've started reading the second run of LAE/DLF, still on thread two, or three, and seeing how it's already on thread 12, I've been wondering something. Had a route lock happened already, or is it still to come? If the latter, what is the target this time, supposing there is a target?

Please, be it Kaguya. Or Tewi
>> No. 17501
>>17498

dunno lol

The PDA could be a red herring for all we know. In fact, given that it's a 'YakCo' product, I strongly suspect it is the case that Yukari is simply trolling the poor boy. She did as much in the first route, with the impossible request; though it's very hard in practice to differentiate Yukari's overt mindfuckery from Eirin's unethical human experimentation.

Eirin has been at best patronizing and at worst overtly malign. In her recent interaction she could have been flustered because she's attracted to Shriou, but I think it's more likely her disdain for Shirou had reached criticality, such that she's no longer able to mask her abject horror and disgust.

Reisen had expressed irritation and petty jealousy, but that doesn't really matter at all. Her ready willingness to debase herself in front of the soldier rabbit is proof enough of her absolute and unquestioning loyalty to Eirin.

Shirou burned all bridges toward a Tewi route when he caught her for Eirin, who then subjected her to 'disciplining'.

Mokou? Has Shirou even interacted with her at all?

Keine told Shirou something to the effect that he was trying to hard. No prospects there.

The interloper moon rabbit is dead, at least as far as Shirou is concerned. She expressed some sympathy for him near the end (as he genuinely tried to save her life), but then it was off to the chopping block for her.

Kaguya has her own share of negative qualities--lack of adventure, ready willingness to look the other way--but nothing that is a deal breaker. It's also by far the safest path, since she went as far as to chew Eirin out for drugging him up and monopolizing him.
>> No. 17502
>>17501

Holy fuck, are things that bad? What the hell has Anon been voting for?
>Shirou burned all bridges toward a Tewi route when he caught her for Eirin, who then subjected her to 'disciplining'

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>Kaguya has her own share of negative qualities--lack of adventure, ready willingness to look the other way--but nothing that is a deal breaker. It's also by far the safest path, since she went as far as to chew Eirin out for drugging him up and monopolizing him.

So there is still hope!
>> No. 17503
File 125229913920.jpg - (342.61KB, 1024x1024, 1220059347573.jpg) [iqdb]
17503
>>The PDA could be a red herring for all we know.

Or, the PDA could be exactly what the writer intended it to be, and exists to give us some sense of reference to where we stand on things, considering that was one of the problems we had in the previous run.

>> In fact, given that it's a 'YakCo' product, I strongly suspect it is the case that Yukari is simply trolling the poor boy. She did as much in the first route, with the impossible request; though it's very hard in practice to differentiate Yukari's overt mindfuckery from Eirin's unethical human experimentation.

Hey now, the whole "getting a job" thing would have been working out just fine had we not continually sidetracked ourselves so frequently.

>>Eirin has been at best patronizing and at worst overtly malign. In her recent interaction she could have been flustered because she's attracted to Shriou, but I think it's more likely her disdain for Shirou had reached criticality, such that she's no longer able to mask her abject horror and disgust.

I don't see why you would think that, especially since she's seemed quite honest about matters regarding her opinion of Shirou. She certainly seemed pretty honest when threatening Shirou about what would happen to him if he should ever hurt Kaguya in any way.

Besides, if she truly felt any degree of disgust towards Shirou, I sincerely doubt she would have helped him out as much as she in his attempts to get through to Silver, least of all by allowing him to freely grope her to do so.

>>Mokou? Has Shirou even interacted with her at all?
A number of times up to the supposed "route lock" event that the party was meant to be. After that we didn't really leave Eientei much, and so had no opportunity to meet her, nor any reason to.

>>Keine told Shirou something to the effect that he was trying to hard. No prospects there.

That was in the first playthrough, not this one. This time around we've had even less interaction with her than we did with Mokou, and after the party we haven't seen her since, for much of the same reasons we haven't seen Mokou.

And yes, we really were trying too hard at that time.

>>17502
>>So there is still hope!

Oh my, no.
As the last update not-so-subtley hinted at, while Kaguya is still a perfectly valid option, at this point the best we could hope to do is perhaps get a few special events (assuming we played our cards right), but that's it. As far along as we are now, getting the best end with her is more or less impossible.

As it stands, the only character for whom we have any chance at getting the best end for right now is the one who has basically become the central figure of this story. Namely, Eirin.

Sorry, Anon, but our NEET Route is in another playthrough.
>> No. 17506
>>17503

Anon this play through was more focused, and as a result the main targets ultimately ended up being Kaguya, Eirin, Reisen, and Mokou. And the actions at the part more or less narrowed it down to two at most.

It's hard to say if Sliver is condemned truly or not, since Eirin wants info, and chances are she'd get it.

Though Eirin has been the focus of things, heck in addition to the groping scene, there's the time where Shiro had a chance to look at Eirin in nightwear.

Unlike /SDM/ or /border/, there hasn't been a satisfyingly run of something yet. So the fan wars might be fierce.
>> No. 17508
Nigger, updates.
>> No. 17509
File 125230176912.jpg - (191.55KB, 438x592, crash.jpg) [iqdb]
17509
>>17506

Well, I'd like to think that if we can avoid the downright schizophrenic decision making we had going on in the last run (Leave Eientei, make sweet love to your girlfriend who doesn't want you to go back to Eientei. then go back to Eientei anyway.) we might actually get a halfway decent ending this time.

I mean, goddamn. We didn't quite top some of MiG's Greatest Hits/Fuck-ups (Give 'er the box! DON'T GIVE 'ER THE BOX! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!) but boy did we ever come close a couple times.

But we mustn't dwell too much on the mistakes of the past. We must simply acknowledge them, learn from them, and move on.
Then proceed to make completely new ones.
>> No. 17511
Well, there is still hope.... HAHAHAHAHA, no i was joking.
Next stop: Snow End.
>> No. 17514
>>17509
>Leave Eientei, make sweet love to your girlfriend who doesn't want you to go back to Eientei. then go back to Eientei anyway.
People keep forgetting that not going back wasn't even an option. Teruyo just made the protagonist do it even after we chose to sleep somewhere else.
>> No. 17515
>>17514

They just didn't bother to write in. write ins are powerful things, either making an new option or a superior combination of existing ones.

DoLF R1 was fun at first since it was a free wheeling adventure... but after the point he should have settled down, he didn't.... and the rest is THP minor history.
>> No. 17561
File 125270799724.jpg - (321.30KB, 1024x730, bc22616359c09eb695307054b9ccc14c.jpg) [iqdb]
17561
I really wish you would tell us that you are busy and have no time to write instead of finding out from other sources.
>> No. 17562
File 125271473533.jpg - (256.33KB, 520x693, kda.jpg) [iqdb]
17562
>>17561
Sorry about that. Indeed, I've been unbearably busy and under a lot of pressure. But, well, have quite a bit of time now. So I'll be writing now until continuously for at least a day or two (hopefully more). Expect an update soon - I'll be finishing the writing after I make myself a cup of tea.
>> No. 17563
Where to go first isn't obvious. Your enthusiasm is high, so is Kaguya's, but while walking you think that maybe you made the mistake of choosing something boring to do. After all, you're supposed to be all alone tonight.

It feels inappropriate to go to storage rooms or to other people's bedrooms with Kaguya. She lives here, and gets along well with the others. Invading their privacy isn't something you're too keen on. Well, there is one place that's had you curious for as long as you remember. Every time you go, and see something new, the more you wonder what else could be there.

“It's locked.” You say.
“Well, what did you expect? Eirin is a cautious person.” Kaguya has a point. But you just had to come here, just in case.
“That's fine. The temptation to explore the clinic is just too great. It's a bit of a shame.”
“Is it really just the clinic that you're after?”
“What else would I be after? There's chemicals and hidden rooms and all sorts of things worth exploring in there.” You signal her to come after you, adding as a joke, “What you're not jealous or anything of me spending time with her are you?”
“Who knows?” She smiles back at you, hiding what she's really thinking. “I will tell you something though, spending more time with your dearest buddy, to whom you've confessed something like a lifelong attachment isn't a bad thing.”
“I said what now?” You're not really walking anywhere, more caught up in conversation than having an actual destination.
“You said a lot of things. Some which might have just been a heat-of-the-moment type thing. But well, that's clearly not important. Where are we headed next?”

Kaguya closes herself to any more followups, instead insisting that you carry about as before. You have explored a lot of Eientei already by yourself. If you wanted to you could go to the older-looking part that you've gone with Eirin to. But it doesn't have to come to that just yet. It's probably really dark and you don't have a flashlight or anything.

Eientei is a lonely place. It's in the middle of nowhere, hidden by a maze of bamboo, and there's not much activity – not many people live here. It's too big for there to be an illusion of even sporadic activity; You could walk around and not encounter anyone in the hallways unless you knew where to look. That, along with other reasons, may be why this place always seems to have some sort of secret waiting to be discovered just right around the corner. Its actual dimensions are also suspect, even though you could walk along the external wall if you wanted to, somehow the interiors seemed to go on for much longer than what corresponded.

If it weren't for Kaguya's soft and disciplined breathing at your side, it would be easy to imagine that you were the only person around for hundreds of kilometers. That is something of a scary thought. This place feels lonely at the best of times, but this is the first time you have felt absolutely alone.

Kaguya was right. There really is no one around. Or if they are, they're sequestered in their own private and secret corners of the place.

“Hah.”
“Don't do that.” You see Kaguya frown slightly.
“Eh, what?”
“That laugh, Don't do that. It's creepy. Especially when you've got that look on your face.”
“What look?” You can feel the weird tenseness of your face muscles. You're definitely sporting an unusual look. “...sorry then.” You rub your face with a hand, and try your best not to look creepy in the process.

There's a lot of food in the pantry. More than enough to feed a mob for a respectable amount of time. But that's boring to look at. You feel like you're boring your buddy.

But there's nothing in the immediate vicinity that's interesting.

“Why are we here?” Your buddy comments with some bewilderment. “Or, where are we?”
“Where?” You look around. You've never been here, but... “It's the laundry room. I suppose.” The racks, tubs, and specialized equipment make you wonder about the accuracy of your statement briefly. It's really large for a laundry room. The smell of detergent is pungent and numbs your sense of smell. But well, the pile of dirty clothes in the corner is a dead giveaway. You recognize a shirt that you wore the other day.

“Definitely the laundry room.” You affirm. “I don't know why we're here. I guess we just ended up here for some reason.”
“Smells unpleasant.” She pinches her nose in order to emphasize.

You take the hint and leave the room.

“That's strange.” A pair of pants by the entrance catches your attention. “I've never seen these before.” As far as you know you're the only one here that wears pants. These are a black matte, different from yours. You pick them up, they're a bit coarse to the touch.
“And?” Kaguya tugs at you, in a hurry to get clear of the offending stench.
“Just weird, that's all.” You put the pants back in the pile and follow Kaguya out.

Once you're clear from the strong smell of cleaning products you both stop to enjoy the fresh night air.

“Weird how this is right next to the kitchen yet I've never been there before.” You remark.
“Well, Eientei is a pretty big place and-” She stops short of completing her sentence, “but you're a bad liar, you know.” She sports a strange-looking grin directly squarely at you.
“What does that have to do with anything?” You ask, confused.
“Oh nothing Mr. Hides-treasure-in-his-pocket. That was pretty smooth of you, I didn't even notice you taking them.”
“Huh, what?” You look at your trouser pocket. And reach in. A soft crumpled up fabric emerges in your hand. “Huh, when did this get in there?”
“That's rich.” Kaguya chuckles. “I'm not close-minded about these things, especially given your background, but I think you should return them. Their owner will miss them.”
“Owner?” You stare at the small delicate pink object, not quite understanding what she's on about.
“It doesn't look like one of mine, and it doesn't look like Eirin's so it must be Reisen's.”
“Reisen's?” You bring up the fabric to your eye level, uncrumpling it in your hand. It's only when you see the simple textures and details that you comprehend what you're staring at. “Oh, I didn't mean to take these somehow.” You blush a little, thinking of how the rabbit would react if she saw you like this. Well, your buddy's amused stare also burns a fire within that you don't know how to put out.
“Sure, I won't say anything.”
“It really was an accident you know.”
“Don't look so disappointed I found out.” She teases you, “Would you have preferred if I gave you a pair of mine?”

Her ribbing you makes you feel awkward. It's not something that you think much about. And it's not appropriate to think about your buddy in that way either.

She doesn't really stop either.

“Tell you what, I'll swap you a pair of mine for a pair of yours? That satisfy you?” She laughs at your expense, enjoying that you're looking so flustered.

[] “Let's just move on please. I'll put them back later.”
[] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”
[] “It looks like I'm a hopeless pervert then. I might as well take you up on your trade offer.”
>> No. 17564
[X] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”

I'm not sure what to make of this. Either Shirou really did take them in an unconscious bout of perverted kleptomania, or someone placed them in his pocket...

Kinda curious how Kaguya noticed them in our pocket, despite claiming to not notice them being taken in the first place, isn't it?
>> No. 17565
[] “It looks like I'm a hopeless pervert then. I might as well take you up on your trade offer.”
>> No. 17566
[X] “It looks like I'm a hopeless pervert then. I might as well take you up on your trade offer.”
>> No. 17567
[] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”
>> No. 17568
This is getting decidedly weird...first we find a pair of pants in Eientei that aren't ours, and now we discover a pair of panties in our pocket that we didn't have before...if I didn't know any better, I'd say our "buddy" is using her eternity manipulation on us. That's how she knew they were there...

...and regardless, since they're Reisen's...

[X] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”
>> No. 17569
[x] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”

best not to make too much trouble.
>> No. 17570
[X] “It looks like I'm a hopeless pervert then. I might as well take you up on your trade offer.”
>> No. 17571
[X] “It looks like I'm a hopeless pervert then. I might as well take you up on your trade offer.”
>> No. 17572
It could be that we had assumed too hastily on Silver's disposal and that the underwear and pants were made by Reisen for her. We know Reisen designs her own clothes. Another possibility is that they were made in the hopes that she would defect. Finally the pants could be a gift, and Reisen could be waiting to give them to us. Either way, simply taking them could upset Reisen, so we should let them lie for now.

[x] “It was an honest mistake. Besides neither of them belong to me.”
-[x] Return both articles of clothing to where they were.
>> No. 17574
[x] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”
>> No. 17575
>>17572

Shirou already put the pants back.
>> No. 17577
[X] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”
>> No. 17580
[x] “It was an honest mistake, I'll put them back now if it makes you happy.”
>> No. 17583
Called and writing now(ish). A bit busy for the next hour or so but have a clear schedule after that in theory.
>> No. 17586
“I'll just put them back now if it makes you happy, it was an honest mistake after all.” You defend yourself while scowling to hide the awkwardness of it all. You have no idea how these got in your pocket, and as far as you're concerned, you don't want them. You sigh inwardly as you go back into the strong-smelling room.
“...It's not about making me happy.” You hear Kaguya remark softly from a distance.

There's no clear indication where the pair of panties came from. They just suddenly appeared in your pocket as if they were always there. You definitely don't remember seeing them in the pile you fiddled with, or anywhere else for that matter. All the same, you fold the undergarment neatly and place it on top of the matte pair of paints you disturbed. Done and done.

“I put them back.” You turn your pockets inside out as you come out and open your hands for her to see in an overly-theatrical gesture. She'd do the same if you called her out on something, you think. “Satisfy you? You were saying something about that just now, right?”
“It was nothing.” She doesn't even look at your display with much interest. “Let's get going, shall we? I don't want to spend all evening near the laundry room.”
“What do you mean, 'nothing'?” Evidently, you're in one of your more obtuse moods. “I'm pretty sure that you had some sort of commentary you wanted to share.”
“Nothing is nothing. Forget it.”
“I won't, you know.”
“Then that's a bit rude, buddy. What happened to respecting other people's privacy?”
“And what happened to no secrets between friends. And sharing the good and the bad?” That's not exactly what's at stake here, but it does feel like you're being left out.
“That's a little unfair to bring up.” Something like a sigh escapes her lips. She might regret saying anything at all. “I meant nothing by what I said, now can we please move on?”
“Alright.” You may be obtuse, but you've gotten good enough at telling what she's feeling that you (sometimes) know where to quit. This is one of those moments. “What would you like to do now then?” There's an almost defeatist tinge to your words. No, not really, just a healthy dose of realism, “There doesn't seem like there's going to be anything very interesting to be found by randomly walking about. It does feel like we're sort of wasting the evening. So what do you want to do?”

Her reply is as simple as it is vague.

“It doesn't matter as long as we spend time together.”

That doesn't narrow down things. It puts a little pressure on you to think up and spend time in an interesting and fun way. You ask to make sure, “No preferences whatsoever?”

“None.” Sensing your mood, she adds, “Is that a problem?”
“Just a little bit, yeah. I don't exactly know what to do really.”
“Like I said I don't mind as long-”
“Yeah, I know. I don't really either. It's always nice to spend time with you. But isn't that just a little bit boring? I mean, like you've said, we're all alone. So it feels like we're wasting potential.”
“Wasting potential for what though?”
“I don't know. Something.” You look into the empty hallways. They seem to go on for an eternity. “We can do whatever, but we're doing nothing.”

She smiles. It's a friendly smile that makes you instantly trust her wisdom.

“Is it so wrong to 'do nothing' as you put it? I mean, how many times over the past few weeks have we been able to spend large uninterrupted chunks of time together. Just doing what we felt like?”

Not too many. Life has gone from high-stress to relief to even more stress. Seeing Kaguya as that fun person you would kill to just spend some time with hasn't changed. What has changed is your other priorities. Getting caught up in all of that, in unambiguous terms for her sake (or so you justified) has disrupted a lot.

“Alright then.” You smile, realizing what tonight's freedom really meant. “ I won't make a big deal out of things. How about we get something to eat though? That way we can do whatever without having to worry about stopping for food.”
“Sounds good to me.” She smiled at you, satisfied with your decision.

Several minutes chopping up vegetables and some time using a skillet to stir-fry, you've got a simple and tasty meal ready. A side of rice is a matter of course, and the addition of several sauces makes the already tasty dish even more savory.

But, most importantly, it passes muster with your buddy. She inspect the food, giving a satisfied nod, and digs in with no hesitation. You dig in as well, glad that she's enjoying it. This was your creation, through and through, she didn't get involved in any step of the way. She offered, but you thought it unnecessary. This was your gift to her, and so it wouldn't do if she had to work for it.

You're glad that she enjoyed the meal and cheerfully wash the dishes and put them away.

“That's enough fuel for the rest of the evening.” Kaguya pats her stomach in what would be probably a very unladylike-like way – you don't mind at all, her praise makes you feel warm and gooey on the inside. “I should get you to cook for me more often, it's a different taste than what I usually get.”
“I don't mind once in a while, but I'm your friend, not your servant.”
“No, you're not my friend.” She declares, and you cringe in expectation of what's to come. “You're my bwestest bwuddy in tha 'hole wide world!” She giggles, you shake your head trying to hide the smile on your face.
“Right, right. I forgot about that. But, you know, things should be reciprocated – It'd be nice to have you cook something for me. Even if it's just for the novelty value.”
“I'll pass, thank you very much. I'm the mistress of the house, not a cook.” You think that that's her way of humbly admitting she can't cook. Well, as humble as she can be sometimes.
“Duly noted. It's just an idea. It would be a nice surprise, that's all I'm saying.”

You feel like sitting right there and then again, but surpass the feelings of lethargy long enough to decide to move on.

[] Drinking sounds good. Nothing like lazing around doing nothing with an old friend.
[] Eientei is empty and boring – head out to the village like that one time again.
[] Unfinished business comes first; Go play some more on her computer
>> No. 17587
[X] Drinking sounds good. Nothing like lazing around doing nothing with an old friend.

Though going out for a night on the town sounds nice, too.
>> No. 17589
Goddamn it, Teruyo. Just when we decide to go for Eirin's best end, you give us this cryptically melancholic Kaguya. I'm too apprehensive to vote now.

Help me, Keine-sensei~
>> No. 17590
>>17589
I don't think it's that cryptic.
Kaguya probably planted the panties in Shirou's pocket with the idea of provoking him into a friendly bout of playful ribbing, which likely would have happened if we had gone with the option of taking her up on her little "offer" to trade. She hasn't had much, if any, time to spend with him having fun like they probably did in the "good old days" and that was likely her attempt to go back to that.

Which we basically shot down by not playing along with her.

Though I'm probably wrong, one interpretation of the events up to now could be that somewhere during the whole phase with convincing Kaguya not to kick us out was that certain feelings were awakened, and the following period of awkwardness between the two stemmed from that. But then things happened, they spent less time together, and now it would seem that ol' Shirou has shifted direction away from what had seemed to be his original destination. While it eased up the feelings of awkwardness, they had not quite gone back to the way they were, being able to enjoy anything and everything.

That simple joy of sharing an experience with your dear friend, no matter how simple, trivial, or utterly mundane it may be.

Something Shirou may have forgotten, or at least lost sight of...
>> No. 17592
>>17590
>>17591
I don't think Anon's decision would have been any different, even if this kind of event had happened before the alleged route-lock. (If it had, would that have unintentionally implied something?)
>> No. 17593
[x] Unfinished business comes first; Go play some more on her computer

tempting
>> No. 17594
[x] Unfinished business comes first; Go play some more on her computer while talking with her about it.

If it helps get us more meta-knowledge, I'm all for it. I still get the feeling that we're wasting a valuable opportunity, though.
>> No. 17595
>If it helps get us more meta-knowledge

I don't think you'll get what you want, probably. You'll get something else though, which is interesting in itself. Then again, all of these choices are supposed to be interesting in their own way - and they affect things in different ways.

Someone earlier got things spot on, not the first time that happens, but what's surprising in that his conclusion is good as well (sometimes the ending thought or result does not follow the preceding logic).

I want to call it soon, because I want to write. So while I like getting votes and discussion, I'd also like to keep things moving. So in a while if there are no more votes, I'll try to update anyways.
>> No. 17597
[x] Unfinished business comes first; Go play some more on her computer while talking with her about it.

I really want a good end with Eirin. It's frustrating to feel like we're grasping at straws on some choices.
>> No. 17599
>>17595
People are still undecided on what to choose.
>> No. 17600
>>17599
Sure, take your time. Just, in general, don't expect there to be updates without votes. If you're thinking, at least maybe discuss it - there's nothing worse than a completely dead response from readers. And well, I personally don't like bandwagoning just for the sake of bandwagonning. So make sure you know why you're voting for a certain thing.

I won't begin to write for a while then. I just hope you understand that I don't have free time to write all the time as of late, especially during the weekdays. So that's the trade off.
>> No. 17601
Well then, let's consider what the options are, shall we?
Note, these are just possibilities as I see them, and I could be horribly off the mark.

>>Drinking and Lazing About option

Probably exactly what it sounds like. Shirou and Kaguya crack open the booze and keep going until they tire and pass out. Possible outcomes range from drunken confessions of love and subsequent awkwardness when sobriety returns, a vaguely disgusted moment of bonding as Shirou holds back Kaguya's hair while she vomits, or one or both of them pass out in a potentially compromising position, leading to embarrassment when they are discovered by Eirin/Reisen.
Or they drink responsibly, don't get more than a little tipsy, but that really seems kind of a boring thing for two buddies with a mansion all to themselves to do.

>>Go Out For a Night on the Town option

Also exactly what it sounds like. The two go to the village, much like they did once before. Chance of running into Mokou or Keine might be more likely, but should not be expected. May gain some looks from some villages to be seen strolling around with yet another beautiful girl in such a short span of time, too. Possible potential for laying on the grass, snuggling up together, and watching the sky, perhaps? Though that might not be for the best at this point...

>>Unfinished Business with the Porn Game

Shirou and (possibly) Kaguya go back to her room to continue playing that game. "Possibly" used as purpose of the game may have initially been to act as a test for Shirou, and now that the purpose has been served, may not hold as much interest for Kaguya. Best(?) case scenario the two of you have an enjoyable time going through the story (despite possible awkwardness when the H-scenes pop up), worst case is a possible repeat of the Bible Black fiasco from R1.

Because it bears repeating: the initial purpose of the game seems to have been completed. Further meta-game information should not be expected.
You want that Eirin Good End, you bet your ass you'll have to earn it.


Just remember what the purpose of this ultimately is supposed to be. Not to gain insight on our relationships with the rest of the cast, or what choices to make or who to go for, but for two friends who have drifted apart lately to re-connect and bond, and remember not just why they're there, but why they became such close friends in the first place.

So, ask of yourself, what would you pick that would allow you to enjoy your time with your friend? Keep in mind, the important thing isn't so much what you are doing, but who you are doing it with.
>> No. 17602
>>17600
Well, i cast my vote, i just thought people are still not sure what to vote for.
Just set a deadline and beging to write then.
>> No. 17603
[x] Drinking and Lazing About option while watching anime.

The two were both anime fans, and perhaps watching a bad series while drinking should be amusing and a way to reconnect on a friendly level.

Hopefully this won't backfire.

I think the problem with Bible Black was that it's not something you watch with a female buddy, heck it's more of a troll answer than a serious one.
>> No. 17604
[] Drinking sounds good. Nothing like lazing around doing nothing with an old friend.
>> No. 17606
[x] Unfinished business comes first; Go play some more on her computer while talking with her about it.

Keep the mind stimulating.. among other things...

>>17603
If you though "Bible Black" is more of a troll answer, what about "Urotsukidōji"..?

>> No. 17614
File 125290455362.jpg - (144.13KB, 480x600, Mokou is made for rocking.jpg) [iqdb]
17614
Very well. That's that. Writing now, update in a new thread since the limit is 250 as far as I recall.

>>17606
A venerated and respected classic. Probably would be a 'better' idea to watch it with certain youkai.
>> No. 17616
It'll take a bit more, have to go out now. Not too much I hope.
>> No. 17617
>>17606
>Urotsukidōji

I saw this with my friend on VHS when i was like 14 or so. Time sure flies.
>> No. 17619
>>17617

*sniff* That it does bro... That it does...

Oh they made a remake of it but cut it down to 3 parts... it's okay...
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x