- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 16565)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 124493676638.jpg - (221.86KB, 595x741, moon bunnies love cake.jpg) [iqdb]
16565 No. 16565
[x] Continue 'befriending' the rabbit with food

“I don't think I'll be needing Reisen's help for much here. Just in covering for me while I'm busy.”
“That's fine.” Eirin replies. “May I ask what approach you're planning?”
“I'm going to stay the course.” You answer. “I can work it out with an appropriate system. Is there anything in particular that you want to know?”
“Anything you get would be valuable.” She sets the standards very low. You're not sure if she really would be content with anything or just expects you to fail. Maybe its both. It doesn't make you waver however, you think that what you're going to do is fundamentally correct. “If you could convince her to tell us everything she knows, I would be suitably impressed.” Her voice hints at something more than just her being impressed.

At this stage in your association, it's tempting to just give up on understanding Eirin.

Before you leave, you ask her where Reisen might be. Turns out that the bunny is probably in her own room. Because of her watch shifts, Eirin has given her extra time off.

There's something you check for your plan. You take out the PDA and go to the encyclopedia option. Despite the updates that other parts of the software have gotten, the encyclopedia looks about the same that it did the first time you accessed it.

Mille-feuille

A type of Delicious Cake.

This pastry, containing multiple levels of puff pasty is [...]

You are pleased to see that, for once, this article is both concise and objective. There's even a recipe at the bottom, detailing how to make a strawberry-glazed variant. Heck, there are even good accompanying images to the article. You'll be able to make this if you want without any problems. Some of the links at the bottom do raise your eyebrows slightly though.

See also:

-Not a lie
-Food and sexual behavior
-Very moist cake
-My favorite type of pastry

There's an additional cryptic note at the end, that you almost didn't notice before you closed the article:

Serve at least once every month, or else.

The disengage the ever-perplexing PDA and busy yourself with sorting out details with Reisen.

“I need you to help me out for a bit.” You speak to her after finding her sowing in her room. You tell her about trying to get information from the rabbit and how it was okay for her to collaborate. You ask her nicely to help you out. “The only thing I need you to do is to be there with me whenever I try. I'll be distracted with what I'm doing, so I can't really sure that she won't try to escape or anything.”

“That's alright. It's not a problem. Do you want to try it during one of my shifts?”
“That would be alright. When is your next one?”
“In a few hours more.” She tells you. “Just before yours.”
“I haven't got that much time to waste then.”
“Do you need any help?” Reisen asks, looking honestly intrigued at the thought of your cooking adventure, “I have to go make lunch soon, so I can help around in the kitchen until then.”
“I don't think I need any help, but you're welcome to come anyways. An extra pair of hands makes the work all the much easier. Plus, you can show me where the materials are.”

Reisen came along, more cheerful than I had seen her lately. It was nice to see such enthusiasm for cooking and it made me get all the more excited about this project.

Unfortunately, it turned out that some materials were lacking. Reisen suggested using substitutes, but you wouldn't hear anything of it. This was too ambitious a project for you to mess up. Perfection was key. Reisen offers to go get the missing ingredients. You recall knowing the right place to get the right ingredient so you offer her a compromise.

“Sure, let's go together then.” Reisen seems to be even more delighted by the proposal. You certainly can't blame her, if this turns out to be only half as good as the one in the picture in the article, it'll be the best pastry you've had in a while. You'll make sure to make a big cake, so that way you can share it with everyone here.

Your memory doesn't fail you, and you remember the right shops for the right things in the village.

“Umm, is there something wrong with the villagers?” You ask Reisen. They've been staring at the two of you for a while now.
“I don't think so.” She's grinning somewhat. “They might not be used to seeing me, you know...”
“...I don't?”
“Well, without any goods to sell. I only come here because of Master.”
“Oh, that might be it.” You shrug and carry on with shopping. Reisen doesn't look disturbed by it, so it's probably nothing. Plus, her cheerful mood is infectious, and the more she smiles, the more you smile.

With the haul you get, you've got more than enough material to make your cake and then some. You work quickly when you get back to Eientei. Reisen isn't able to help, seeing as how she's busy cooking lunch. She did help rolling out the dough into rectangles, but you're on your own when it comes to cutting and placing in the oven.

You're done with the sheets, and set them out to cool. Next up, the filling.

Whipping and then mixing the cream with the other ingredients is an intense task, and you strive to get the proportions completely correct.

“Lunch is ready now, so if you want to take a break, I'll serve you.” Reisen seems to finish on her end, and starts to get plates and cutlery out.
“I”m close to being done though.”
“I'll set the table in the meanwhile then.”
“Alright, I'll try to finish up quickly.”

You finish building the layers of the cake just in time for Reisen to tell you that she's done setting the table. You suspect that she worked slowly, in order to give you more time.

“Oh, looks good.” Reisen inspects the end result. She takes a finger and runs it on your cheek before putting a yellowish glob in her mouth and tasting. “Tastes good too.” She smiles approvingly. “You did a good job there.”
“Thanks.” You smile back. “I made enough for everyone, so we can have a piece after lunch if you like.”
“That'd be great.”

Lunch is good. But frankly, you feel that your delicious cake overshadows the (still quite tasty) meal that Reisen prepared. Eating a piece after lunch, you enjoy the experience thoroughly. You know that it's not just your opinion, because Reisen has a cheerful face that betrays her enjoyment of the pastry all too easily. You conclude that that's the expression of someone enjoying something truly blissful. You wonder how Eirin and Kaguya will react. Your buddy will enjoy it, of that you're sure, but it excites you to think about Eirin's approving look of enjoyment.
Expand all images
>> No. 16566
And with that little field test, you're ready to try things out with the ever-silent guest. When it's Reisen's shift, you prepare a meal and a slice of the cake and set out to endear yourself to the rabbit. It's nothing very fancy or particularly tasty, but the food should at least be nutritious.

“It's food time.” You announce yourself with smile. “If you told me what you liked, I could make that.”

There's no reply, as before, from the rabbit. There is a bit of an improvement this time, as she moves her head in order to keep track of you – before it was just her eyes

“If you eat all your food, there's a reward.” You set down the tray next to her bed and grab the cake to show it off. “I can guarantee that it's absolutely delicious. So could everyone else here for that matter.” You boast, despite not having seen Eirin and Kaguya's reaction. You think you see a change in her, a small twinkle in her eyes, but her expression remains blank (if maybe a bit hostile). It might just be you projecting your hopes onto her.

“Give it up. I will not eat.” Her faint but resolute voice states her position. You're not dismayed, this is some sort of progress.
“Eating is good for you. How do you expect to recover from your injuries otherwise. Food makes us tough and strong.”
“...”
“Look, if you want, I'll even spoon feed you. Would that be alright?” You pick up a spoon in a half-joke. You put it down when you see her venomous glance. “Fine. I'll leave the food here. But understand, no cake if you don't eat.” You grab the plate and leave.

“That didn't go very well.” Reisen looks down. “She doesn't want to cooperate. And after all that effort you went to in making that awesome cake.” She gets worked up. “I have half a mind to tell her off.”
“Don't worry about it.” You smile at her unexpected display of hotheadedness. “This may take time.”
“Still, she's practically insulting you.”
“Don't think of it that way.” You try to see the other point of view here. “Imagine you were being held captive by people you don't trust. Would you feel like accepting anything from them?”
“No, probably not.” Reisen admits. “But if they were as kind to me as Master and you were, I'd change my mind. We are taking care of her injuries and trying to feed her. I can't understand how some people can be so pigheaded.”
“That's just the way it is.” You smile at this stubborn bunny. In the other room, the other stubborn bunny doesn't seem to be touching the food you left.

There's still quite some time before your own shift begins.

[] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here
[] Give a piece of cake to Eirin and pick her brain
[] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax
---
Took longer than expected because I'm writing at a snail pace today. Will try to rectify that.
>> No. 16567
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here


Moonbunny~
>> No. 16568
[x] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax

Stay focused Anon
>> No. 16569
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here
>> No. 16570
[x] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax

just to keep the tie up
>> No. 16571
File 124494310988.jpg - (905.24KB, 1230x1500, e5239d99ae0d52918282ddfed65c0f21.jpg) [iqdb]
16571
[!/] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax
>> No. 16573
[x] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here
>> No. 16574
[x] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here
>> No. 16575
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here.

Kaguya may be already asleep by now.

Not to mention if our guests does decide to eat a little later during Shirou's shift, and there's no cake, the whole "befriending with foos; cake as a bonus" method could backfire.
>> No. 16576
File 124495241710.jpg - (74.36KB, 394x590, 163314.jpg) [iqdb]
16576
>>16566
[X] Give a piece of cake to Eirin and pick her brain

Tide pissan gaems. My curiosity regarding the Lunarians and their motivations consumes me. So does
>Despite the updates that other parts of the software have gotten
for that matter. Also, no small amount of celebration was performed due to
>“Sure, let's go together then.” Reisen seems to be even more delighted by the proposal.
and everything after. Happy bunny made me happy all over.

Can't remember an update since some of the early GM stuff that made me this happy. Cheers.
>> No. 16577
>>16575
>>16572
I think you're confusing things here. There is a plan which is completely independent of feeding whomever you damn please with 'a piece' of an unspecified amount of pieces.

Pretext to talk to people/find out information!= policy on dealing with a prisoner.

Also, no update for now. Since I'm not completely of sound mind. So, whatever.
>> No. 16578
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here.
[X] Have some cake with Reisen and the guest if she wants some too.
>> No. 16579
[X] Give a piece to Eirin and pick her brains.

Not gonna win unless there's a massive reversal, but who cares? I happen to like this Eirin.

>See also:

I smirked at the choices, especially 'My favorite type of pastry'.

>Serve at least once every month, or else.

And I'm almost scared by this, considering that it's coming from the enigmatic YakCorp PDA.
>> No. 16580
[X] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax

If we can't do much to help her have pleasant dreams, we can at least help make her waking hours more enjoyable with the healing power of CAKE.

>>Serve at least once every month, or else.
Clearly this line has to do with the summoning of a being similar yet different from the Booze God of times past, a sort of Cake Goddess, perhaps. Maybe if we began leaving a monthly tribute to her, she will bless us with her divine powers!
>> No. 16581
>-Food and sexual behavior

>-My favorite type of pastry

>Serve at least once every month, or else.

Oho Yukari~n
>> No. 16582
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here
>> No. 16583
File 124496284038.jpg - (288.25KB, 768x1024, 922677c6fb96d90ab59fc2e5fd49458a.jpg) [iqdb]
16583
>>16580>>16581

I'll serve her something extra special once a month...if you know what I mean.
>> No. 16585
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here
>> No. 16587
>>16586
There's more than one piece of cake, you know.
>> No. 16588
>>16587

And here I was thinking everyone already had a piece.

Still, it's not fair that only you get to show off to the others, when it was the product of both of your efforts.

[x] Tell Reisen that you'll leave it to her to give Eirin her piece once her shift is done.
[x] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax

We didn't get to see Kaguya before because of our shift duties, so it might be our best chance to do so today.
>> No. 16591
I apologize for not updating, but I have exams and I've been dealing with studying and all that junk. That doesn't preclude an update later after the one today (so, maybe in 4-5 hours more?).

This stated, there's something I plan to do. I realize that I made a mistake here, so I'm retconning the choice. I know, unfair, and it'll be the first (and hopefully last) time I do someting like this. This is because of an oversight on my part mainly. Therefore, there is no choice to stay here with Reisen. Sorry. I originally meant for the choice not to be there, and for some reason I included it anyways. Goes to show that I should revise how I end updates more closely in the future, even if it means sleeping first and delaying in order to check.

Reason (which will be explicitly stated in an update): Shirou is supposed to be contemplating on how to get inside the prisoner's head, and thus turns to either Kaguya or Eirin. The cake is incidental; it's not currently the proper time to just chew the fat for lack of anything better to do. The choice with Kaguya is more relaxed due to the nature of the relationship there, but it's still focused on the rabbit.

So yeah, sorry about that, this choice potentially messes with the idealized flow too much. It's not about niceties right now on any level. If anyone wants to change their vote, go ahead, otherwise I'll just go for the second most popular vote.
>> No. 16594
>Goes to show that I should revise how I end updates more closely in the future, even if it means sleeping first and delaying in order to check.

Shit happens sometimes. Just hoping you will really take more time for an update instead of just writing something so we can move along with the story.
Better waiting half a day before something like this happens again.

That said, nothing happened so looking forward to whatever won now.
>> No. 16597
[x] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here
>> No. 16598
>>16597
Thank you for paying attention.

[+] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax
>> No. 16601
[x] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax
>> No. 16602
[X] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax
>> No. 16603
[x] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax
>> No. 16606
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here

Wanna know more about the guest. Being here with Reisen is a plus too.
>> No. 16607
[x] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax
>> No. 16608
[X] Spend the time with Reisen and the guest here

Might as well, time with Reisen and we might be able to try and pry the bunny of info
>> No. 16609
File 124512374138.jpg - (66.80KB, 585x432, what.jpg) [iqdb]
16609
>>16597
>>16606
>>16608
Looks like some people didn't read the memo...
>> No. 16611
[x] Give a piece of cake to Eirin and pick her brain
>> No. 16612
File 124520447789.png - (377.99KB, 566x800, 610d468873063ca919cf6be910d35a50.png) [iqdb]
16612
Come Teruyo. Give us delicious Kaguya
>> No. 16613
>>16612

You are now noticing Reisen's breast in Kaguya's cleavage looks like a small penis, manually
>> No. 16614
>>16612
Busy, exams, etc. Good news: I don't have anything until monday, so irresponsibility/fast writing it is until then. Sort of bad news: I have been drinking since the end of my exam today; This means that you may not want me to update due to a higher probability of typos and/plot mistakes. There is a high chance that I might end any update if I were to write now with choices like '[] Take her right here and now', '[] wet t-shirt contest', '[] Let Eirin go wild while Reisen watches', etc. Which, while fun, is not really what I'm supposed to be writing. Don't expect anything for several hours at least, perhaps until after I sleep/completely sober up.

>>16613
Alas, chest penises and breast dynamics don't ruin it for me as much as the strangely unsettling faces.
>> No. 16615
>>16614
Hey now, a drunken non sequitur is fine, too.
>> No. 16616
>>16615

Let's not go there.
>> No. 16617
>>16616
Oh, you're no fun anymore.
>> No. 16618
[x] wet t-shirt contest
>> No. 16621
>>16614

Be like Zun!!

Get totally smashed.
Write.
????
Profit???
>> No. 16622
>>16614
>>16615
>>16618
>>16621

[x] I CANNOT DISSAPROVE OF ANYTHING AMONG THESE, IN FACT I DO APPR-, NO, I DEMAND THIS!!
also, cruise control, etc...
>> No. 16623
File 12452815282.jpg - (496.54KB, 700x956, 75bce10fd7c89cef98403efd9e53525a.jpg) [iqdb]
16623
>> No. 16624
File 124529902614.jpg - (182.26KB, 720x1200, sample-9c6d60484eb17d19b8ff347f51c34374.jpg) [iqdb]
16624
I know you are here Teruyo.
>> No. 16625
File 124530276975.jpg - (185.27KB, 600x850, 8dcb251360453e4ffe8a9f0fae410463.jpg) [iqdb]
16625
>>16624

Wrong Teruyo signal.

We all knew he has a soft spot for stupid sexyMiss Yagokoro.
>> No. 16626
>>16623
>>16624
>>16625
Yeah, I'm here. I appreciate both Kaguya and Mistress Yagokoro, but it doesn't actually summon me you know. I check THP frequently when I have access to a computer.

What do you want me to say now? How the writing goes? How likely that I will get motivated to write quickly? How likely it is that Reisen will feel that the new rabbit is a threat to her territory (read: Shirou) and go on a violent-yet-sexy spree? You need to specify. If you're impatient or whatever you can always bug me on IRC, etc.
>> No. 16627
File 124530665734.jpg - (201.14KB, 861x755, 0c8a903442a817721e4929f3dbed5a1e.jpg) [iqdb]
16627
>>Reisen. violent-yet-sexy spree.

I am intrigued and wish to learn more.
>> No. 16628
File 124532645339.jpg - (156.72KB, 700x650, 6c4e217130230d0f0f9d6d7f6399d945.jpg) [iqdb]
16628
>>16626
You seem to be a bit moody lately. Here, have Kaguya cheer you up.
>> No. 16629
>>16627
I agree.
The only thing better than a rampage is, as we all know, a sexy rampage.
>> No. 16632
....And then, Reisen's self-supression techniqes finally fail as she realises that Shirou wasn't just a friend anymore, but someone precious to her. Someone she could no longer do without, or watch fall in love with anyone else.
Gathering her resolve, she loads herself up with all manners of firearms, ranging from a bulky BFG to concealed pistols and set out to claim what was rightfully hers....

Teruyo, update so I stop thinking up things like this.
>> No. 16635
Good news everyone! I'm done with over 75% of the update and should have it ready after taking care of some things (so I'll get to finishing it in about an hour or so). So not very long at all.

>>16627
>>16629
It would involve ripped clothes, bikini shorts, what remains of the cake, and a lot of rope. Oh and a lot of clawing and scratching... Maybe.

>>16628
That actually made me feel good.

>>16632
Don't run away from those kinds of thoughts. Embrace them. You're now just like me.
>> No. 16636
>>It would involve ripped clothes, bikini shorts, what remains of the cake, and a lot of rope. Oh and a lot of clawing and scratching... Maybe.

But of course. Rabbits can be surprisingly nasty when they fight. Thank goodness their naturally territorial nature prevents them from joining forces. As a unified front, the two moon bunnies would surely be nigh unstoppable from dominating the rest of Eientei, with sexy results.
>> No. 16637
>>16635
And that took less than a minute to think up. Around a minute to think of where Reisen could stick an improbable number of guns, and what kinds could go where. Stupid Babylon 5.

>just like me.
To this, I have only one response:
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo...

Juuuuust kidding~.
>> No. 16638
File 124537182117.jpg - (42.20KB, 500x820, klka.jpg) [iqdb]
16638
[x] Give a piece of cake to Kaguya and relax

In the time before your shift, you want to clear your mind of doubts and uncertainties. What you've done thus far hasn't been very successful, and you doubt that it ever will be. The attitude of the rabbit is both distant and haughty, you begin to think that even showing her kindness will simply cement her position. In light of how she's been behaving, you felt it necessary to leave her and give you some breathing space. And to perhaps reaffirm your commitment, or at least elaborate on queries.

You lean against the kitchen wall for a long time, staring at a piece of cake, while thinking. Eirin seems like the logical choice now, but you hesitate. With her vast experience and confident attitude, you're sure that something she would tell you would help you in extracting information from the rabbit. Even if she didn't approve of your technique, there's bound to be something about lunarian rabbits that only she would know.

“Oh, I didn't know you were there.” You notice a small rabbit staring at you from the door. It scurries away as soon as you speak. You laugh. It must have been a weird scene to witness, you staring at cake, lost in thought.

Grabbing a plate, you figure seeing Kaguya would be for the best. She's been the one that's told you everything about lunarians thus far, so it's probably best if you go to her first. Not to mention that spending time with her has other benefits.

“Come in.” Kaguya invites you in. You remembered to knock this time.
“Hi. I brought you cake. I made it earlier.”
“Oh, thank you.” She was lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling. She sits up and takes the plate from you. “Sweets are a great afternoon snack.”
“So, what were you doing?” You ask out of curiosity. Admittedly there's a bit of anxiety behind your words, if she were busy, you wouldn't feel comfortable interrupting.
“Nothing. Just taking a bit quiet time for myself and thinking.”
“Sorry about interrupting then.”
“That's alright. It was getting a bit tedious.”
“Mind if I stuck around for a while then? I've got some time before I have to stand watch again.” You ask, keeping yourself near the door in case she said 'no'.
“Feel free. You know I don't mind.”

Kaguya eats cake as you strain to make normal conversation with her. You're preoccupied, and your anxieties just don't want to go away. It doesn't take long for her to ask about it. “Is anything the matter? You look a bit out of it. If it's the cake, I told you that it's pretty good, right?” She eats another piece with an accompanying satisfied smile.

“I'm not worried about that, although I'm glad that you enjoy the cake. I had to shop for ingredients to make it.”
“That's painfully obvious.” Kaguya states. She shows just how much she can read you. “These days, it's become usual for all of us to be thinking a lot. You're no different, and it shows. So what is it that's upsetting you?”
“I don't think I'm actually upset.” You try to frame the issue, “It's more like I'm not sure of what I'm doing. If it's going to help, and how it's going to help. It feels like I'm floating about with no direction.”
“Where is it that you're supposed to be heading, then?”

You stop to think for a moment.

“I want to be helpful as possible. You conclude. “And right now that means getting information from that rabbit as quickly as possible.”
“And that's what you decided was useful?” She pays full attention to you instead of finishing off the small remaining piece of cake.
“For now.” You feel like justifying yourself, “Eirin even told me to try and see if I had any success. The problem is that I don't think I'm having any success and I'm wasting precious time.”
“You shouldn't worry about that too much.” Kaguya assures you with a friendly smile. “If not you, Eirin will eventually get everything she needs. I'm sure she thought things out in advance.”
“That isn't comforting, I'd have wasted a lot of time and accomplished nothing. I don't want to be useless.”
“Are you sure that this is what you want to do?” She asks.
“Yes. Like I said, for now.”
“I can't really help you in finding your direction in this specific case.” She admits, “I'm afraid I don't know much about this sort of thing. If it's technique and the philosophy underlying it, you really should ask Eirin. It's been such a long while since anyone's had any sort of legitimate query for her, that I think she would be glad to explain and help as much as you liked.”

You sigh. “I might do that some other time then.”

“It's my opinion that you're missing something else that's important though.” Kaguya puts forward her opinion.
“And what would that be?”
“It's definitely not about the execution. But more fundamental than that. I think that you've got to step back and think about why you're doing this. Once you've put that into perspective, I think that it'll be easy for you to find direction in what you're doing.”
“But I already know why I'm doing this, to help you and Eientei.” You point that out.
“Perhaps I'm not making myself very clear, sorry about that. But I don't really know how else to explain.” She tells you about herself, “Deciding on what I felt like doing and how I wanted to do it was intimately tied to why. It's possible to do something with another intention, but if you have that intention and exact desire clear from the start the direction sets itself.”
“That's a bit ambiguous.”
“I can't think of any other way to put it. But I think that if you stop to think about it, you'll get my meaning. I'm sure that you'll understand.”

“I always enjoy spending time with you.” You have to leave for your shift now. After voicing her opinion you spent the rest of the time talking about more practical things. She tells you that you should feel free to rely on anyone here to help you in whatever it is you feel necessary.
“I certainly don't mind your visits. If you're not too busy tomorrow, I'd like to spend some time with you. You know, without worrying about all that's been going on.”
“That sounds good, I'll come see you if I'm not too caught up with this whole lunar rabbit business. Time is of the essence.”
“Alright then. Please don't feel like everything depends on you.”

You take her now empty plate to the kitchen

Reisen tells you that nothing out of the ordinary happened after you left and hands over things to you. She looks quite tired, despite it being still early in the evening.

You sit down and observe the rabbit. You frown as you see that she still hasn't touched her food. You've got to hand it to her, her stubbornness is something else. She hasn't eaten for over two days now and still can resist a tray of food right next to her bed. Her expression is as stoic as ever, betraying no hints of discomfort. She looks a bit older than Reisen, but then again, with a serious expression firmly planted on her face, Reisen would look just as old or older.

It's tedious to keep watch over someone who does nothing. You'd have more fun watching paint dry then this unmoving specimen of a rabbit. If not for the gentle rustling of the sheets, you'd doubt that she were even breathing. It's annoying, no matter how much you think you can't seem to find a way to get closer to her. At this rate you really will have accomplished nothing.
>> No. 16639
There's a point where you scale back the self-critique. You try to think about what Kaguya told you. The answer to why you're doing this hasn't changed, you think. You want to do this to help them. It's not like you would need any other reason. There's no natural direction that comes from that conclusion, just the path that you're on. The original reason only serves to frustrate you further as you realize that you're making no inroads here at all. You can't help Kaguya, or anyone else for that matter if you fail. And sitting back and doing nothing is just as bad. You wonder if maybe you shouldn't take more authoritarian steps. At this point, a policy reversal seems almost pointless though.

It's only when a pair of rabbits arrive that you realize that you just spent the last few hours lost in deep thought. The lunar rabbit didn't move, but if she had, you're not sure you would have noticed it. You recover the tray with cold food while the rabbits watch.

“The food wasn't to your taste, huh? That's a shame.” You say to the rabbit. As expected, she doesn't so much as say a peep. “I'll bring you something tomorrow again if you're hungry. But it'd be easier if you just told me what it is that you want.” You shrug, “Well, I'll have to keep guessing then.”

You leave the holding room behind and take the tray to the kitchen. After that, you head straight to your room. It's late at night and you're tired enough to sleep. Standing guard over someone takes more out of you than you would have thought possible.



This is certainly strange. For the third night in a row, you're having a lucid dream. You're lying down in a bed and all of the walls are white. Is this a hospital?

It's not. What you see next tips you off.

There's that tray of food you just left in the kitchen next to the bed. The contents still seem to be lukewarm.

You get up. You're a bit hungry, but it's not the appropriate moment to eat. You've got to get out of here. You're supposed to be on the outside, not the inside. The two-way mirror looks strange from this side, and you feel uncomfortable not knowing who might be on the other side. Walking is difficult, it feels like you're drowsy. Probably from sleeping. Still, you take several confident steps towards the door.

Oh, that's nice. It's open already. For a moment there you thought that it might be locked. That would have been a bad thing. Not good at all.

Step, step step. Push.

It's bright in here as well. Normally it'd be dark.

There's Reisen. You greet her as you would normally. She doesn't look very amused though and gets up next to you.

Is she upset because you left the door open? The door leading to the rest of Eientei is wide open. That's pretty neat, on the other side, instead of the dark corridors there's a large amount of trees and grass. A park. Or a garden. The sun's rays shine through brightly, casting an even brighter ray of light into the room. Kaguya is out there, you should go to her. Find her and spend some time. You're sure she's waiting.

Reisen is still here. Sort of in your way. You can find yourself getting lost in her deep red eyes. It's mesmerizing. Is this about Eirin? She's somewhere else, but it's not important to see her right away. Priorities are priorities. You'll deal with her later.

You take another step.

Reisen is still there, keeping to your left. She's close, if you tilted your head you could touch her own head with yours. She's there, but not obstructing. Even though she should be. Why is that? It's probably because you have so much in common. Or so you hope. It doesn't matter what it is, you can deal with her even if it doesn't to prove to be the case.

Step.

You take another step, brushing up next to the rabbit.

[] Step. Into the garden.
[] Tilt. Take her lips.
>> No. 16641
[X] Step. Into the garden.

Okaaaaaaaaaaay...
So we're possibly dreaming seeing things from the intruder-bunny's perspective, except the door shouldn't have been unlocked. Since the tray was there, it couldn't have been after we took it away, meaning we weren't the ones who left it unlocked. ...but then there's trees where there should be hallways, it's daytime, and Reisen apparently isn't doing anything to stop us, aside from possibly something with her eyes which technically shouldn't have an effect on another rabbit, I would think.
>> No. 16643
[X] Tilt. Take her lips.

I hope you're happy Teruyo, now that you've made me just like you.
>> No. 16644
[] Tilt. Take her lips.

Bunny love~
>> No. 16646
[X] Tilt. Take her lips.
>> No. 16647
[x] Tilt. Take her lips.


Reisen~~~
>> No. 16648
[X] Tilt. Take her lips.

do your best, im expecting a really hot sweaty steamy scene now.
>> No. 16649
[X] Step. Into the garden.

Ok, let's see how we screw ourselves over.
>> No. 16650
[x] Step. Into the garden.
>> No. 16651
[X] Tilt. Take her lips.


>>16649

If I were in his place, having to deal with a lot of anxiety, some feelings of inadequacy in terms of usefulness, a little escape would probably be in order; heck it's only a dream right..?
>> No. 16653
[x] Step. Into the garden.

Must. Resist.
>> No. 16654
[x] Step. Into the garden.

I like gardens.
>> No. 16655
>>16639
[X] Step. Into the garden.

>You want to do this to help them. It's not like you would need any other reason. There's no natural direction that comes from that conclusion, just the path that you're on.

If life were as simple as "just the path you're on," there wouldn't be so much angst as to what to do with your future. There's a reason Shirou wants to help Eientei beyond it being "the right thing to do" or justifying his presence. Eiren, Kaguya, and even Reisen has made it abundantly clear that Shirou doesn't need to adopt some heroic stature or shoulder the weight of the world to prove he's worthy of staying here. While it certainly makes sense to adopt such a 'gung ho' attitude when most of the residents have adopted a truly laissez faire approach to most situations (at least superficially), I think a more grounded approach would be to accept the simple truths of why Shirou stays in Eientei. I can only speculate, but I would reckon Shirou's human (and mortal) outlook on life/existence keeps Kaguya's (and Eirin's?) perspective in check; possibly vice versa. Shirou's outlook and actions provide an anchor, or maybe a standard for measure, for people that exist outside of the flow of time.To me, that reconciles Eirin's constant admonisments to "be ourselves." I'd like to think that there's also a budding relationship beyond 'friend' and 'acquaintance' being harbored, but I won't pressume yet. But that's the lunarian perspective. I think it's simpler for Shirou: he wants to be with Kaguya, Eiren, Reisen, and even Tewi. Helping Eientei is the easiest way to stay with the people he cares about. Why? Love, friendship, happiness, fear, greed, duty... other? Maybe that'll be clearer as time wears on, maybe that's something we (as the readers) need to define, or maybe I need to stop writing these after three stiff drinks.
>> No. 16659
>>16655

If this is what you write after three stiff drinks, maybe you ought to do so more often.
>> No. 16660
[X] Tilt. Take her lips.

Reisen <3
>> No. 16661
[X] Tilt. Take her lips.

Reisen is loev.
>> No. 16662
Called. Writing now. Shouldn't take that long.

>>16643
I think it would be a bit premature to say that I'm happy about that. I shall wait and see.

>>16655
I agree wholeheartedly with the assessment in >>16659
>> No. 16663
[x] Tilt. Take her lips.
>> No. 16664
[x] Tilt. Take her lips.
>> No. 16665
[x] Tilt. Take her lips.

Tilt. You're so close you can't even focus on her face.

It takes an additional bend of the knees, but you claim your prize. Kaguya can wait, she can always wait. There will be plenty of time to take care of her Later.

You brush away a rogue lilac strand from her check.

It's an awkward position to do this, but you press your lips against hers. Disappointment and anxiety turn into elation. You can't feel much from her, not a breath, not a single movement. But still. It's like you're melting away. You close your eyes, out of reflex. You can still see with your eyes closed. It's white, white melting into black. Your senses are dribbling away into a pleasureful nothingness. Even if this isn't what you're supposed to be doing, it feels fine.

Although it does raise a question: is it 'the end justify the means' or 'the means justify the end'? It doesn't seem like the most appropriate thought within this context, but it's a question that causes ripples of grey to appear in the whiteness. What the hell are you thinking about anyways? You find yourself greedily grabbing her chin in order to better position yourself to plunder her lips.

An arm wraps around your back, and there is virtually no distance between you and her. In a sense, you're very much just one being right now. You feel some of her entering you as some of you continues to ebb away. The exchange keeps the system balanced.

It's only when you're half-gone that you feel a change. A wave of cold washes over you, originating from your lips and back. It's a complete surprise. You open your eyes and take a step back.

And another step back.

The cold continues to fill you as you stare dumbfounded at her.

It's the first time you've seen her smile. It's a cool, icy smile, reeking of haughty self-assuredness. Her pale silver hair frames her sharp facial features. You wonder why she's there. It wasn't her before, that's for certain.

Her lack of clothes becomes evident to you. Her clear skin and appropriate proportions are just as you saw the other day. Her smile turns into a grin, interrupted by a slow and diligent pass of her tongue over her lips. Her eyes meet yours, the iris a shade of red more purple than any other rabbit's that you've seen.

She wants you. You ask why, your limited senses telling you that you're in a weakened position. The door to the outside is closed, closed by her. She speaks.

“Because you're there.” Her voice is tempered with a honey that you would have not expected her capable of adding. She presses against your disappearing body, and fire and ice meet each other. It feels wrong, and you want out.

The mix of hot and cold continues until you've completely sublimed. Just as expected.

You're sweating when you wake up. Your heart is beating quickly and you've kicked off your futon.

You take deep breaths, but it's only when you wash your face in the bathroom that things start getting under control again. You towel off, not sure if you're reading too much into your dream. While it's true that you've been somewhat obsessed with that girl, but it was still an unsettling experience. It might be a sign that you need to take it easy. Not that you will, since you have to accomplish something and if you sit around doing nothing, it'll only get worse.

You wash your face again just to be safe. The good thing about waking up like this, with your heart pounding away in what felt like your throat, is that you got to wake up early. Well, earlier than the past few days. It's just mid-morning and you've got plenty of time to think how to get to that girl. You'll cook for her later.

You're tempted to go to her right now, but you know that empty-handed, you'll accomplish nothing. It'll have to wait until later, when you've got food.

[] Go talk to Eirin
[] Drop in on Kaguya
[] Check PDA (specify)
>> No. 16666
[x] Go talk to Eirin
>> No. 16668
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

Then ,
[X] Go talk to Eirin.

Not sure what might come of questioning Eirin about it, but we should probably tell SOMEONE about the whole "weird dreams where we're seeing things from the eyes of others" thing, and she's as good a choice as any. Otherwise, I can't help but worry we're going to find ourselves sneaking through the village while bare-ass-naked or something.
>> No. 16669
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

Then ,
[X] Go talk to Eirin.
>> No. 16670
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

Then ,
[X] Go talk to Eirin.
>> No. 16671
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

Then ,
[X] Go talk to Eirin.
>> No. 16672
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

Then ,
[X] Go talk to Eirin.

Psychoanalysis ahoy~!
>> No. 16673
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

Then ,
[X] Go talk to Eirin.
i hope this isnt too much to accomplish in a single choice?
>> No. 16674
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

Then ,
[X] Go talk to Eirin.
>> No. 16682
[X] Check PDA
- IMPORTANT.JAR
- Encyclopedia
- "Dream Analysis"
- "Moon Rabbit"

[X] Go talk to Eirin.

Not that I don't enjoy our wacky dreams or anything.
>> No. 16685
Update in a while. Sorry, but I was out most of the day.
>> No. 16688
There's a moment of frustration as you try the enigmatic program on the PDA. The program is corrupted, and it tells you to reinstall or contact customer support.

At least the YakCheck program seems to be working as before. The only icon that isn't greyed out continues to be the bottle, so you select that. The constellations in the background continue to be as eye-catching as before, detracting from the numerous bars on screen. The red dot on the large central bar has traveled some ways to the right, less than a quarter of the way you estimate. The three bars on the top left side have filled up more, but all of them are still only at the green. The leftmost of them is about a third full from its total, the center about the same, and the rightmost one more than the other two. Finally, the percentage counter in the bottom part of the screen is holding steady with a value of 82.3%.

Exiting the program, you decide to look up a concept or two that pops into your head.

Dream interpretation
(Redirected from Dream analysis)

Dream interpretation is the practice of assigning meaning to things seen in dreams. Of course, that's just silly, as dreams have no meaning. I mean, I asked my VP about a dream I had where she basically told me to ravish her and so I asked her in real life if she felt that way. She did not.

…Now that I think about it, maybe she was just playing hard to get. I'll make sure to keep things lively at home from now on, maybe I'll get to the bottom to the situation that way. In more ways than one.

Oh, yes – dreams. If you place too much value on your dreams, you'll forget your place in reality. As someone who appears recurrently in the dreams of many (I can't blame them – honestly), I can only say that while flattering, it's an unhealthy fixation that leads down the path of delinquency and depravity. And not the good kind of depravity either. You'll be used up if you give in and discarded like a soulless doll, with absolutely no regards to who you were.

There is nothing more that I have to add. Dreams are pointless most of the time.

Even if you enjoy them, you still have to go tell the others to prepare the bath while you savor a fine wine when you wake up. Reality is such a chore.

Don't see anything else.

Moon Rabbit
"Moon Bunny" and "Moon Coney" redirect here.

The Moon Rabbit (Lepus Lunaris) is a species of rabbit indigenous to the moon.

It is a medium to large-sized mammal whose pelt is prized amongst collectors [citation needed]. The rabbit is prolific across the surface of the moon and inhabits any environment with relative ease. The largely developed brain enables intelligence that is, in some cases, equivalent to human.. There is no conclusive evidence about their intelligence, habitat, dietary habits, or any other details as only a handful have ever been observed on Earth.

They are the most numerous inhabitants of the moon and are highly territorial and, at times, seemingly feral. It is not known if they are as sexually promiscuous as their distant Earth-cousins, if a specimen is captured forward to the YakCorp executive offices further observation is required. A one-on-one encounter with one is easily resolved, but pack mentality ensures that soon the whole community is involved. Do not expose flanks to them, as they will break through defensive lines easily that way.

Moon Rabbits in Cooking

The meat and internal organs of these rabbits is highly prized as a delicacy [citation needed]. I myself would not mind having the occasional rabbit stew or goulash. The specimens I have observed looked particularly soft and tender, prompting me to conceal my hunger carefully. I bet you that properly cooked, their meat would come clean off their bones, practically dissolving in your mouth.


There is some more here, but you feel that you have better things to do than read half a page's worth of blather about eating rabbits.

See also
-To serve man
-To serve man
-Stockings

You put away the PDA and go to the clinic. Eirin is on a break, looking out the window while sipping a cup of something.

“Good morning.” She greets you as you come in. “What brings you here?”
“A lot I think.”
“And I assume that I can help you deal with that?”
“Probably. There are things that I want to consult with you about.”
“Take a seat then.” She points to an empty chair. “Would you like something to drink?”
“I'm fine, thanks.” You sit, trying not to make it seem like you're rushing her along.
“May I ask you something first?” She finishes her drink and returns to her seat. “Have you noticed anything different with Udonge?”
“Something different with Reisen?” You shake your head, “No, not really. She's as hard-working and pleasant as always, why?”
“No particular reason.”
“Then why ask?” You try to pry something out of her.
“Simple curiosity. I've just seen her smile a lot lately.” Eirin tells you, sporting a smile herself, “And she's been taking care of a lot of sensitive work.”
“Is it strange for her to seem happy when working?”
“No, not really.” She admits. “I suppose the question was a little out of the blue.” She crosses her legs and leans into her chair. “So tell me, what brings you here?”

[] Anxiety that you're getting nowhere with the rabbit
[] Worried about Kaguya
[] A series of vivid dreams
[] An irresistible urge to spend time with her
[] other
>> No. 16689
[X] Anxiety that you're getting nowhere with the rabbit
[X] Worried about Kaguya
[X] A series of vivid dreams
[X] An irresistible urge to spend time with her
>> No. 16690
>[] Worried about Kaguya

She's worried that you've been acting like a total manic-depressive these last few days. Fucking chill, Shirou.

[x] A series of vivid dreams.
-[x] Ask whether moon rabbit's eyes are capable of affecting judgment or dreaming, long after their use.
-[x] Ask if this use is always volitional, or if it can happen subconsciously.
-[x] At the very least, if these dreams continue to upset you, you could ask for something that suppresses dreaming.
[x] Despite constant reassurances over the last few days your anxieties have increased to the point where even Kaguya expressed concern for your mental well being, and since her concerns are your concerns, is there anything Eirin could give you temporarily that would take the edge off?
[x] Despite your worries, you hadn't expected immediate results from this: Few people are able to turn away food once they truly start entering starvation.
-[x] You want to make it clear to everyone that the rabbit's decision to not eat is a completely willful one, so you'll need proof it's not just the result of catatonia, infection, or acute psychosis from dehydration or other physical. That's why you want her to be kept on an electrolyte/vitamin IV, and for her vitals and responsiveness to be monitored daily--you assume Reisen is trained in those tasks.
-[x] You were also wondering what kind of foods moon rabbits are traditionally served on the moon.
-[x] You plan on expanding your plan by taking the same meals as the rabbit, and in front of her, even if it means trying food that you might find at first unappetizing.
-[x] At the very least, after all of this you'll be able to help Reisen with meal preparation more often, in that way being of more use to the household.

There is indeed a series of these; it's not just the one where she kissed Reisen. That's what gave you the idea for the cake, right?

Really, Shirou needs to have conversations more assuring to his fellow residents than: "I TRIED AND DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY SUCCEED SO I'M GOING TO GIVE UP."
>> No. 16692
>>16690
[x] A series of vivid dreams.
-[x] Ask whether moon rabbit's eyes are capable of affecting judgment or dreaming, long after their use.
-[x] Ask if this use is always volitional, or if it can happen subconsciously.
-[x] At the very least, if these dreams continue to upset you, you could ask for something that suppresses dreaming.
[x] Despite constant reassurances over the last few days your anxieties have increased to the point where even Kaguya expressed concern for your mental well being, and since her concerns are your concerns, is there anything Eirin could give you temporarily that would take the edge off?
[x] Despite your worries, you hadn't expected immediate results from this: Few people are able to turn away food once they truly start entering starvation.
-[x] You want to make it clear to everyone that the rabbit's decision to not eat is a completely willful one, so you'll need proof it's not just the result of catatonia, infection, or acute psychosis from dehydration or other physical. That's why you want her to be kept on an electrolyte/vitamin IV, and for her vitals and responsiveness to be monitored daily--you assume Reisen is trained in those tasks.
-[x] You were also wondering what kind of foods moon rabbits are traditionally served on the moon.
-[x] You plan on expanding your plan by taking the same meals as the rabbit, and in front of her, even if it means trying food that you might find at first unappetizing.
-[x] At the very least, after all of this you'll be able to help Reisen with meal preparation more often, in that way being of more use to the household.

this is good
>> No. 16693
[x] A series of vivid dreams.
-[x] Ask whether moon rabbit's eyes are capable of affecting judgment or dreaming, long after their use.
-[x] Ask if this use is always volitional, or if it can happen subconsciously.
-[x] At the very least, if these dreams continue to upset you, you could ask for something that suppresses dreaming.
[x] Despite constant reassurances over the last few days your anxieties have increased to the point where even Kaguya expressed concern for your mental well being, and since her concerns are your concerns, is there anything Eirin could give you temporarily that would take the edge off?
[x] Despite your worries, you hadn't expected immediate results from this: Few people are able to turn away food once they truly start entering starvation.
-[x] You want to make it clear to everyone that the rabbit's decision to not eat is a completely willful one, so you'll need proof it's not just the result of catatonia, infection, or acute psychosis from dehydration or other physical. That's why you want her to be kept on an electrolyte/vitamin IV, and for her vitals and responsiveness to be monitored daily--you assume Reisen is trained in those tasks.
-[x] You were also wondering what kind of foods moon rabbits are traditionally served on the moon.
-[x] You plan on expanding your plan by taking the same meals as the rabbit, and in front of her, even if it means trying food that you might find at first unappetizing.
-[x] At the very least, after all of this you'll be able to help Reisen with meal preparation more often, in that way being of more use to the household.
>> No. 16694
[x] A series of vivid dreams.
-[x] Ask whether moon rabbit's eyes are capable of affecting judgment or dreaming, long after their use.
-[x] Ask if this use is always volitional, or if it can happen subconsciously.
-[x] At the very least, if these dreams continue to upset you, you could ask for something that suppresses dreaming.
[x] Despite constant reassurances over the last few days your anxieties have increased to the point where even Kaguya expressed concern for your mental well being, and since her concerns are your concerns, is there anything Eirin could give you temporarily that would take the edge off?
[x] Despite your worries, you hadn't expected immediate results from this: Few people are able to turn away food once they truly start entering starvation.
-[x] You want to make it clear to everyone that the rabbit's decision to not eat is a completely willful one, so you'll need proof it's not just the result of catatonia, infection, or acute psychosis from dehydration or other physical. That's why you want her to be kept on an electrolyte/vitamin IV, and for her vitals and responsiveness to be monitored daily--you assume Reisen is trained in those tasks.
-[x] You were also wondering what kind of foods moon rabbits are traditionally served on the moon.
-[x] You plan on expanding your plan by taking the same meals as the rabbit, and in front of her, even if it means trying food that you might find at first unappetizing.
-[x] At the very least, after all of this you'll be able to help Reisen with meal preparation more often, in that way being of more use to the household.
>> No. 16695
[x] A series of vivid dreams.
-[x] Ask whether moon rabbit's eyes are capable of affecting judgment or dreaming, long after their use.
-[x] Ask if this use is always volitional, or if it can happen subconsciously.
-[x] At the very least, if these dreams continue to upset you, you could ask for something that suppresses dreaming.
[x] Despite constant reassurances over the last few days your anxieties have increased to the point where even Kaguya expressed concern for your mental well being, and since her concerns are your concerns, is there anything Eirin could give you temporarily that would take the edge off?
[x] Despite your worries, you hadn't expected immediate results from this: Few people are able to turn away food once they truly start entering starvation.
-[x] You want to make it clear to everyone that the rabbit's decision to not eat is a completely willful one, so you'll need proof it's not just the result of catatonia, infection, or acute psychosis from dehydration or other physical. That's why you want her to be kept on an electrolyte/vitamin IV, and for her vitals and responsiveness to be monitored daily--you assume Reisen is trained in those tasks.
-[x] You were also wondering what kind of foods moon rabbits are traditionally served on the moon.
-[x] You plan on expanding your plan by taking the same meals as the rabbit, and in front of her, even if it means trying food that you might find at first unappetizing.
-[x] At the very least, after all of this you'll be able to help Reisen with meal preparation more often, in that way being of more use to the household.

jumpin on the wandbagon in hopes that the hugeness of the write-in doesnt equal its unfeasibility
>> No. 16696
>>16695
>>16694
>>16693
>>16692

[X]What they said
>> No. 16697
[X] A series of vivid dreams
>> No. 16702
File 124556370363.jpg - (8.14KB, 200x200, 1 scruffy.jpg) [iqdb]
16702
>>16696
>>16695
>>16694
>>16693
>>16692

Secon'd.
>> No. 16703
[X] A series of vivid dreams
>> No. 16711
Sorry about not updating. But it's my final exam now (yay!) so I'll be back in 4 hours or so and I'll be free* to write.

*'free' means after I take care of loose real-world ends, am not exhausted and/or distracted by stupid, sexy lunarians.
>> No. 16712
>>16711

hooray
>> No. 16714
>>16711
update in the next days then.

Hooray
>> No. 16720
Sorry anon, but I'm traveling, and haven't finished the update yet. So I'll try to get it down during my journey and I'll probably have access to a computer in a little over a day or so more. I might, if I have time, write something else as extra.
>> No. 16721
>I might, if I have time, write something else as extra.

>>16627
>>Reisen. violent-yet-sexy spree.
etc etc
>> No. 16722
File 124573009264.png - (166.53KB, 755x566, 1238012021532.png) [iqdb]
16722
Down on ideas? Writer's Blocku?

Use YAGOKORO Corp brand papercraft!

Guaranteed to work, or your prescriptions back!
>> No. 16723
>>16722

That thing's downright scary. Even more than Eirin emulating Kohaku's mad scientist schemes.

And on top of that, it looks like it's using both it's hands to flip everyone off.
>> No. 16724
>I mean, I asked my VP about a dream I had where she basically told me to ravish her and so I asked her in real life if she felt that way. She did not.

Do want president Yukari on VP Ran action!
>> No. 16726
File 124596968660.jpg - (425.90KB, 1000x750, 1230082617249.jpg) [iqdb]
16726
>>16724
>> No. 16730
File 124617915864.jpg - (366.96KB, 621x1839, sample-492efd08172926b1cab80e7cfa5bdf36.jpg) [iqdb]
16730
I wonder how i can summon a Teruyo
>> No. 16732
File 124620539463.jpg - (35.67KB, 560x420, 12459860589.jpg) [iqdb]
16732
>>16730

Dat Eirin is just driving him away.
>> No. 16735
No updates for now since my lappy's hdd is fucked. Need to buy a new one, it's only working now because of the freezer trick. Most shops are closed on a sunday, so this may take a while. The rain doesn't help either.
>> No. 16747
File 124646985426.jpg - (709.47KB, 1057x1486, 1246165048153.jpg) [iqdb]
16747
>>16735

Teruyo has gone missing!

Are you a bad enough dude to find him/her?
>> No. 16748
>>16747
Time to start collecting money. Gonna have to buy him a new Laptop so that he can continue writing. Or he could go to an internet cafe.
>> No. 16750
Got a hard drive like yesterday, but I've been preocuppied with backups and transferring, setting up, etc. And now I have to travel yet again. I know. But I should have time to finish what I was writing barring disaster. And I'll probably bum off internet somewhere (that is assuming that there is internet where I'm going).
>> No. 16767
Updates where?
>> No. 16777
The lack of Teruyo appearing suddenly is disturbing.
>> No. 16778
File 124735221777.jpg - (325.74KB, 600x790, elbb.jpg) [iqdb]
16778
[x] A series of vivid dreams.
-[x] Ask whether moon rabbit's eyes are capable of affecting judgment or dreaming, long after their use.
-[x] Ask if this use is always volitional, or if it can happen subconsciously.
-[x] At the very least, if these dreams continue to upset you, you could ask for something that suppresses dreaming.
[x] Despite constant reassurances over the last few days your anxieties have increased to the point where even Kaguya expressed concern for your mental well being, and since her concerns are your concerns, is there anything Eirin could give you temporarily that would take the edge off?
[x] Despite your worries, you hadn't expected immediate results from this: Few people are able to turn away food once they truly start entering starvation.
-[x] You want to make it clear to everyone that the rabbit's decision to not eat is a completely willful one, so you'll need proof it's not just the result of catatonia, infection, or acute psychosis from dehydration or other physical. That's why you want her to be kept on an electrolyte/vitamin IV, and for her vitals and responsiveness to be monitored daily--you assume Reisen is trained in those tasks.
-[x] You were also wondering what kind of foods moon rabbits are traditionally served on the moon.
-[x] You plan on expanding your plan by taking the same meals as the rabbit, and in front of her, even if it means trying food that you might find at first unappetizing.
-[x] At the very least, after all of this you'll be able to help Reisen with meal preparation more often, in that way being of more use to the household.

“I've been having a series of vivid dreams, truth be told.” You can't really ignore them any more. Besides getting progressively weirder, you think that they're starting to affect you in an ever-increasing fashion. It's one thing picturing Eirin in a suspiciously attractive garb, and quite another to feel like the victim of a really bad drug trip.
“Dreams?” She doesn't even raise an eyebrow, asking in a way that you would expect a professional to. “Tell me more about them.”

It's awkward at first to describe to her just exactly you've been dreaming about. That said, as you get more into explaining, it feels better, like you're getting a massive weight off of your chest. Plus, Eirin isn't judgmental -there's not a single smarmy remark or backhanded comment. It feels good to be interesting, she asks questions about some specific details as she takes down notes.

“The subject matter in them varies, and you feel exhausted upon waking up?”
“I think that the fatigue gets worse and worse.” You ask for her opinion, “Do you think it has something to do with that rabbit? I mean, if Kaguya can have powers, then sure she can as well.”
“You've been worrying a lot about her, it's not surprising that she would show up in your dreams.” Eirin observes. “However, you may be right. Although it would be curious that whatever ability the rabbit possessed only affected you. Tell me, has she said anything to you at all?”
“No, not really. Besides when you were there and that something in the dream.”
“I see. Well, I'm afraid that I can't quite do anything with this much information. Next time you're doing your watch, I'll keep you company and observe. If she is doing something to you, I'll definitely be able to see it.” Her voice is gently reassuring, in a way you'd expect an old family doctor's to be. It inspires you to trust her. She then jokes, “I can't say it's particularly surprising that one of your dreams involved me, and it is interesting to know how you felt about that. It's flattering.”

There's the teasing. This time though, it helps you relax.

“There's no need to dream about me though, you're welcome to come and drop by whenever for a dose of the real thing.” She concludes with something of a self-indulgent smile. “In all seriousness though, I may have to talk to you about that particular vision later, it may interest you somewhat. Although you shouldn't feel obligated to ask.”

“I wonder just how much you really appreciate me dreaming of you. But well, if these dreams continue, do you think you can give me something that'll suppress dreaming? I don't want to eventually be completely drained.”
“I imagine that I could. Or alternatively I could give you something that keeps you awake for a while.”
“No thanks,” You imagine that that would be something of a living hell, “I'd rather just not have the dreams.”
“I'll see what I can do. I may have to synthesize something for your physiology.”
“Alright then, thank you.” You politely decide not to ask what other biological templates she has worked with in the past. “That does lead me to another query though.”
“Go ahead, I'm listening.”
“I'm not sure just how well I am. I mean, besides the dream thing, I think I might be falling apart. I've been giving out constant assurances that I'm fine and that I can, but I think I'm getting too anxious for my own good.” You level with her. “Kaguya seems to be worried about me, and that makes it even worse. I can't let it get too bad. Since whatever she's concerned about concerns me.”

Eirin betrays a knowing grin. It's clear that you've tickled her fancy somehow.

“I guess that I”m asking for your help to take the edge off. I'm sure that you have some sort of medicine to help. Even if it's for a little while, I'll appreciate it.”
“Dreams and anxiety? They are quite possibly interconnected. But I'm not a head doctor, or for that matter a heart doctor. Not in that sense anyways.” Her grin narrows into a simple smile. “I'll need to examine you before prescribing anything as mood-altering as you suggest.”

You know the drill and strip down for Eirin to take a look at you. You're really putty in her hands, you realize, and she could do whatever she wanted and you wouldn't know how to stop it. Luckily for you, it seems that she only is interested in the strictly professional side of this examination, and only does the things that any other doctor would have done.

“You have a cute bottom you know.” Well, not that comment, you admit. But that's as bad as she gets.

“I'll give you something mild, that ideally will also help with the dreams. I'll ask you to have a bit of patience as I have to actually produce the drug.” She puts several papers with notes about you in a folder with a rabbit sticker on the spine. “I'll have it ready by evening.”

“Thanks again. About that rabbit though, it's taking a while.”
“I've noticed.”
“But I had expected it to take a while. She's a tough customer.”
“Your determination is noteworthy.” She comments with a serious look, but you wonder if she's sarcastic.
>> No. 16779
You give her a quick sit rep. “I don't think she'll be so uncooperative if she's starving. But I have to make it clear that it's completely willful on her part not to eat.”
“Of course.”
“Is she otherwise healthy or is she suffering from anything else? I mean I'd hate to be doing something akin to torture if she's not in a right frame of mind. “
“You shouldn't be concerned about that. Besides her sprained ankle and her naturally obtuse personality, and unnaturally shapely buttocks, there's nothing wrong with her.”
“Buttocks? Wait, no, I don't want to think about it.” You're trying to be serious here. “I don't want to hurt her, so I'd like for there to be an IV or something for her so she doesn't suffer any complications. Since Reisen is your assistant, I imagine that she knows how to administer and monitor that sort of thing right? As well as look out for any abnormal signs.”
“I've trained her well.” Eirin says with an ambiguous smirk. “I've already thought of it though, and issued appropriate suggestions.”
“Didn't trust me to succeed?”
“Oh no, nothing like that.” She assures you. “I just like to have contingencies planned for, no matter just how far-fetched they may seem. I hope you're not offended.”
“I wouldn't dream of being offended by anything you do.” You gave up trying to rationalize her actions long ago.
“Good, you're a better person for it.”

“So, if you don't mind, could you share some more of your wisdom with me?” You appeal to her ego. “I was wondering about what kind of foods moon rabbits eat. I mean, on the moon. I've seen Reisen eat plenty of times.”
“I don't really know, now that you mention it.” She admits with a shrug. “Never bothered to think about it. I understand that it's a lot of basic things, like vegetables. Maybe a lot of broths. Of course, all of the rabbits in civil administration get government rations, and those are just nutritional supplements with little flavor to them.”
“What about sweet things?”
“Salty things might work better. But I suppose it depends on the individual. I would be happy with any sweets you baked for me though.”
“I'll keep that in mind. But well, I thought to eat in front of her, the same kind of food. So it'd be nice if I knew what sort of thing she liked. Maybe she would cave easier that way.”
“I wonder if she'll appreciate your being there during her meals.”
“Why do you say that?”
“I've never seen a rabbit react as strongly to a human as she did with you.”
“That's not very encouraging. I'd like to think that I'm not that bad of a person.”
“It's probably nothing personal.” Eirin assures you, “It's likely just her. Reisen doesn't mind you, so take solace in that.”
“Yeah. Well, I'd still appreciate it if you helped me out with the food. At the very least, I could start helping Reisen out with the meals.”

You do learn some things from Eirin, and think that you can now make some simple traditional dishes. They're not that different from Earth meals. But they have some very interesting flavor combinations. Like spicy things with sweets. Alas, you're not able to get any information on how to make those delicious rectangles from Eirin.

“Still it's not that bad a thing. You doing all this, that is.” Eirin concludes with something of a positive vibe. “I think it's neat of you to be trying. Although I personally think that there are better things to do in life.”
“I'm being helpful, and that's what I care about. If I can help all of you guys out, I'm happy.”
“All of us? I wonder. I'm sure I'm not very high up on that list of 'everyone'.”
“Uh...”
“Don't worry about it, it's understandable.” She rests her head back on her chair. “Is there anything else I can help you with for now? You'll probably want to keep on going with your food idea now.”

[] “No that's it for now, thanks.”
[] “You know, if you have something to say about me, just go ahead.”
[] “If you miss me that much, I promise to sleep with you again some time.”
[] Other
>> No. 16781
[X] “If you miss me that much, I promise to sleep with you again some time.”
>> No. 16782
>“But I had expected it to take a while. She's a tough customer.”
>“Your determination is noteworthy.” She comments with a serious look, but you wonder if she's sarcastic.

Ahahahaha!

>“Oh no, nothing like that.” She assures you. “I just like to have contingencies planned for, no matter just how far-fetched they may seem. I hope you're not offended.”
>“I wouldn't dream of being offended by anything you do.” You gave up trying to rationalize her actions long ago.
>“Good, you're a better person for it.”

Ahahahaha!

>“Still it's not that bad a thing. You doing all this, that is.” Eirin concludes with something of a positive vibe. “I think it's neat of you to be trying. Although I personally think that there are better things to do in life.”

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

[x] "Well on that note, let me ask you about you: How are you doing? Are you okay? Do you want or need anything I could get you? Even if it's just cheering from the rafters... I can't promise results, but I can promise I'll bleed the stone dry trying!"
[x] And if there isn't anything you can do for her: “Then, I promise to dream with you again sometime. Not that I overly enjoy it or anything. Well, I guess if it's between loving or hating...”

The Genius of the Moon. Even a Shirou can't help but notice at times that you seem to bear the great weight of two celestial bodies all by your lonesome.
>> No. 16783
[x] "Well on that note, let me ask you about you: How are you doing? Are you okay? Do you want or need anything I could get you? Even if it's just cheering from the rafters... I can't promise results, but I can promise I'll bleed the stone dry trying!"
[x] And if there isn't anything you can do for her: “Then, I promise to dream with you again sometime. Not that I overly enjoy it or anything. Well, I guess if it's between loving or hating...”

Why? I couldn't tell you.
>> No. 16784
[x] "Well on that note, let me ask you about you: How are you doing? Are you okay? Do you want or need anything I could get you? Even if it's just cheering from the rafters... I can't promise results, but I can promise I'll bleed the stone dry trying!"
[x] And if there isn't anything you can do for her: “Then, I promise to dream with you again sometime. Not that I overly enjoy it or anything. Well, I guess if it's between loving or hating...”
>> No. 16785
>>Even a Shirou can't help but notice at times that you seem to bear the great weight of two celestial bodies all by your lonesome.

Well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if she tried wearing a better bra or something.
>> No. 16786
[x] "Well on that note, let me ask you about you: How are you doing? Are you okay? Do you want or need anything I could get you? Even if it's just cheering from the rafters... I can't promise results, but I can promise I'll bleed the stone dry trying!"
[x] And if there isn't anything you can do for her: “Then, I promise to dream with you again sometime. Not that I overly enjoy it or anything. Well, I guess if it's between loving or hating...”

Appearing out of nowhere. How have you been Teruyo?
>> No. 16787
>>16785

I grinned.
>> No. 16788
[x] "Well on that note, let me ask you about you: How are you doing? Are you okay? Do you want or need anything I could get you? Even if it's just cheering from the rafters... I can't promise results, but I can promise I'll bleed the stone dry trying!"
[x] And if there isn't anything you can do for her: “Then, I promise to dream with you again sometime. Not that I overly enjoy it or anything. Well, I guess if it's between loving or hating...”

Alright, between this and Serial ATA /eientei/ is picking up again.

>>16787

Given the subject matter it'd be hard not to.
>> No. 16789
[x] "Well on that note, let me ask you about you: How are you doing? Are you okay? Do you want or need anything I could get you? Even if it's just cheering from the rafters... I can't promise results, but I can promise I'll bleed the stone dry trying!"
[x] And if there isn't anything you can do for her: “Then, I promise to dream with you again sometime. Not that I overly enjoy it or anything. Well, I guess if it's between loving or hating...”

damn infectious grin.

Glad to see you back Teruyo~!
>> No. 16790
Enough to call. I don't know if I'll finish the update right now, although I'm currently writing, so it'll likely be when I wake up.

>>16787
As did I.

>>16786
Mostly cold. Very cold. Like up to -20C cold sometimes. Other times not so much. And having a generaly good time when not confronted by responsibilities I thought I had left behind and unfortunate and unexpected hardware failures (which resulted in an unforseen adjustment in budget).

How about you anon? I hope that you've been good. I did try to check in as much as possible, but lack of internet or technology inhibited me from checking too often or updating.
>> No. 16791
File 12473831691.jpg - (169.96KB, 600x827, edgs.jpg) [iqdb]
16791
“I should ask you on that note, while we're talking and all; How are you doing? Are you okay?” You say what might be mistaken for simple smalltalk, but has another meaning behind it. Eirin is Eirin. “Do you want or need anything I could get you? Even if it's just cheering from the rafters... I can't promise results, but I can promise I'll bleed the stone dry trying!”

You smile, perhaps a little too eagerly for a guy that had just claimed to be really anxious. Eirin chuckles, approving of your behavior with a toothy grin.

“There's not much that you can do for me now, sorry to disappoint, given your zealous outlook.” She shrugs, playing the part of someone polite and grateful. “If you could be a dear and fetch me my tea though, I would appreciate that.”
“Sure thing.” You do what she asks. It's not a hassle at all since you know where she stores the stuff. “Would you like me to brew a cup?”
“That would be a nice thing. Please pour yourself a cup if you wish as well.”
“Thank you, I'll do that.” Her tea is good enough to justify your spending a little more time with her while you drink.

“Here you go.” You hand her her cup, and grab one for yourself. “So, there isn't anything I could do? I'm ready to do anything.”
“Oh Shirou, how I wish you had that same attitude earlier.” She take a sip of her tea. “I've got things here, so there's no need to do anything. I manage my workloads intelligently.”
“Well then, how about this?” You take a sip of your own tea. “I promise to dream with you again sometime. Not that I overly enjoy it or anything. But well, I guess if it's between loving or hating...”
“Hah!” Eirin puts down her cup with an amused expression, “I will just assume that it's a positive experience, out of the respect you may feel for me. If not...” She smiles, “well, I'll just have to make sure that you associate me with the pleasant things in life. Shouldn't be that hard to do.”

Your body still remembers that she is a synonym for the pleasant things in life. You don't say that, of course, instead twitching in a (hopefully) imperceptible manner.

“In any case, you seem to be in a good mood.” You observe. “I would have thought that you would be overworked and stressed, and therefore not in a good mood.”
“Good mood?” She takes another sip from the cup, deliberately taking a long time for presumably dramatic effect. “I guess you could call it that. Is it that noticeable?”
“Well, I'm not quite bold enough to say something like it makes you more beautiful,” You wink, although in retrospect you don't know why you said that. Probably it's the accumulated effect of all her teasing and occasional use of innuendo. “but I will say that it's something that hangs about in the air of the clinic, like an infectious bug that is overwhelming me. I can't help but to feel better the more I talk to you.”
“I certainly am flattered with that comment. And I would have to say that you may be right about the good mood. I certainly feel better than I have for a while.”
“Any reason why?”
“I get this way right after I solve problems. Or when I try some of my favorite candy.”
“So is it good news for us, problem-wise?”
“Perhaps.” She isn't straightforward. “You'll know about it later probably. When the time is right.”
“I don't like being left out of the loop.”
“And I say it's no use counting your chickens before they hatch. You'll know as things come into fruition. You should take it easy and uncomplicate your life. After all, from what you've told me, you're not exactly doing that well.”

You exchange a few more words over the rest of the tea, before you excuse yourself. You've got to get things ready for today, and tell Eirin the time of your shift so she can come. She nods, and promises to be there to watch for any abnormality.

Preparing the food is a bit of an arduous matter. You try implementing some of the things that Eirin suggested, but can't quite get the grasp of it. To you, the food doesn't taste particularly nice; the combinations aren't intuitive, and so you don't think that the rabbit will like it. You don't. It's completely new to you as far as taste goes.

Well, you wrap the food away and go take a bath. You still feel sticky from having sweated during your sleep, and it's not like you have that much to do right now. You grab a set of clean clothes and then prepare a bath. It takes a while for everything to be set up, and you take even longer slowly soaking your worries away. Taking it slow like this might help your frayed nerves. It's definitely something that Reisen would recommend, maybe Kaguya, and with certain nudging and double-meaning, Eirin.

It's so nice that you don't even bother to do your usual session of play.
>> No. 16792
It doesn't feel like you do much between then and the time you're supposed to start your watch. You grab food and head to the holding room.

“Hello there.” You're greeted by Reisen at the door. You see Eirin already sitting in a chair further inside. She nods slightly; she has been waiting for you.
“I'm ready to take over here.” You walk in, almost making it past Reisen. It's just that you can't, the contents of the dream last night superimposing with reality. The moon bunny stands right next to you, just like before.
“Umm... is anything the matter?” She asks.
“No, it's nothing...” You mumble. “It's just that...”

“He is imagining kissing you, that's all.” Eirin states the truth.
“Eh?!” Reisen is taken aback.
“It's true, isn't it?”
“Don't joke at poor Shirou's expense please.”

What's more uncomfortable is that you can't quite deny Eirin's words. They were true. You can't say anything, and what's worse, you think that after saying a few more things defending you, Reisen starts to pick up that maybe the idea wasn't so far-fetched.

“Well, I'll be leaving. Call me if you need anything.” She leaves you, looking a little weirded out. Or maybe just confused.

“I'll be watching from over here, so please just carry on like you normally would.” Eirin states with a perfectly normal expression, as if she had already forgotten the little scene just moments ago.
“Right.” There really is nothing to do but just move on here.

The rabbit looks as uninterested in you as always. You place her food next to her, making sure to grab an identical portion for yourself.

“I heard that you might like this sort of food, so I tried my best to make it. I'm going to try the same. For the first time really. I hope you enjoy it.” You speak, obviously not getting any answer. “You can't get better if you don't eat.”

That elicits a response from her. She looks at you from the corner of her eye before returning her gaze to stare blankly at anywhere besides you.

You eat. Or try to eat. It's not that good, in your opinion, but you try to eat as much as you can while looking as happy as you can. It's no easy task.

“If you don't talk, then I will never know what you like. I certainly don't want to hurt you either, so you shouldn't feel threatened. What will it take to get you to speak to me?”

You notice Eirin staring at you by the door. You leave the stubborn rabbit for a moment alone and go see what she wants.

“Did you notice anything?”
“No, nothing. As far as I can tell, she's not doing anything out of the ordinary at all.”
“So it's just me being messed up then?” You feel like sighing.
“Maybe not, but I'm not sure that that's important right now. I thought of something that might help to get her to speak.”
“I don't want to use anything forceful, you know.”
“It's nothing that will physically harm her. In fact, you don't need to do anything to her at all.”
“Then why not just do it? Is it because I said that I would get information out of her?”
“It hadn't occurred to me until I noticed how she regarded Reisen and then how she regarded you.”
“There's a difference? How is that going to help me?”
“Well, if you really don't mind dreaming of me some more, you could do this.”

She explains her idea briefly. You have to trust her to take the incentive on this one. It involves a lot of physical contact with Eirin. More than you might feel comfortable in justifying to yourself. Still, she assures you that it will work, 'because of the way she thinks'. If only you had your buddy's input on this one, it would almost seem that Eirin is impatient to try the idea out.

[] Stay your own course
[] Follow Eirin's idea
[] Just give up
>> No. 16793
[x] Follow Eirin's idea

The other options seem a bit boring to me.
>> No. 16794
[X] Stay your own course
>> No. 16795
[x] Follow Eirin's idea

Following the doc always worked out
>> No. 16796
[x] Follow Eirin's idea

Shirou wouldn't do anything unconscionable. Probably. At least, a change in strategy doesn't necessarily mean a change in policy.

And since Eirin is apparently a fucking satori, there might be some genuine insight here, and you've already sought her help this much. She told you she gets off on solving problems, so between any two options with the same likelihood of a positive result, you'd want to choose whichever route allows her to feel most responsible for a positive outcome.
>> No. 16798
[x] Follow Eirin's idea
>> No. 16799
[X] Follow Eirin's idea
>> No. 16800
[X] Follow Eirin's idea
>> No. 16801
[!/] Follow Eirin's idea

Pimpirou?
>> No. 16803
[X] Follow Eirin's idea

Interesting...

Glad to see you back again Teruyo.
>> No. 16804
[X] Follow Eirin's idea
>> No. 16805
[x] Follow Eirin's idea

It's not something that you would have done out of your own incentive, not for solving this problem at least. But Eirin is confident about it, and you're stalling with just your own idea. It's permissible to You don't think you could do this if Kaguya or anyone else were watching, so you're relieved it's just the two.

“Now then, this is getting a bit insulting.” Eirin walks into the rabbit's room, with you firmly at her side. She sounds assertive and dominating. “It's one thing to try to throw our lives here into disarray, quite another to do what you're doing. Whether it's with friend or foe, I expect that courtesy is a value enshrine upon the moon.”

“...” There's no reply from the rabbit. She does deign herself to look at Eirin however.

“Kind treatment and consideration should be returned with cordiality. Otherwise you're no better than a barbarian.” You think that you see the rabbit's ear twitch. “It is curious to think about why you haven't talked to us yet. Besides a few uncalled for insults. Yet, for most of the care we give you, you do not seem to mind. Analyzing a common factor, it's easy to theorize on what is wrong.”

Eirin smiles. Her eyes narrow as she states her deduction.

“Quite simply, you have a problem with humans. That much was evident though. So I elaborate on that idea, and claim that your problem is more centered around specific kinds of humans – namely males.” Eirin chuckles, you take that to be your cue and place your arm with a smile around her, resting your hand on her hips. You try not to think about what you're touching as you gently caress her. “Again, this seems to me to be a belief that a barbarian would hold. I assure you, there's nothing wrong with letting oneself get handled by humans.”

Eirin was right. This elicits a response from the rabbit. She narrows her eyes after a few moments of wide-eyed surprise and passes judgment on the scene.

“Utterly disgusting.”
“Quite the contrary.” Eirin assures as you move your hand to soft spots that were strictly off-limits for your imagination, “It's a wonderful thing. And I'm starting to think that you might be better off not being so frigid.”
“Better frigid than what you have become. A plaything for a human. Where's your pride, sage? The rumors are more than true, it would seem.”
“I would ask you to treat your elders with more respect, but I can see that my words would fall upon deaf ears. This mere human here is more special than you would imagine.” A quick side-glance at you tells you what to do, and you grope her with no restraint. You try to keep a straight face – succeeding, but this is almost making you blush. Eirin lets out a slight whimper, and a wide smile forms on her face. “For starters, he is more than entitled to me. As you can surely appreciate.”
“...” The rabbit looks away. You wonder if it's disgust, like she claims, or something else entirely. It's hard reading too much into it, as preoccupied as you are with other things.
“It would seem that you have to see it for yourself to believe.” Eirin brings herself closer to you, staring intensely into your eyes. “I think that we can arrange that.” She licks her lips hungrily, and for a moment you wonder just how far she is going to go. She nods and you let go, walking to the edge of the rabbit's bed. “I'm sure that your feel that most of your strength has returned, correct?” She doesn't wait for an answer, “I therefore have the pleasure of informing you about what we're going to do to you.”

The rabbit didn't seem to believe what she heard. Even though you had heard it from Eirin earlier, you still felt like this was something of a shock.

“Since you want to solve this by yourself, I'm giving you a whole day to do so.” Eirin had told you earlier. “After we antagonize and rile her up, I'll announce that she is to spend a whole day with you. You can do whatever you wish during that time with her. I'll have some safeguards so she doesn't simply overpower you.” She had smiled, looking pleased at the idea of you spending a day with a antagonistic rabbit. “After the day, I'll work my own technique on her, we're too short on time to afford otherwise.”

“So, how do you think that she took it?” Eirin asks you when you're both in the other room, watching the still unsure-looking lunar rabbit through the window.
“Not very well. Are you sure that this is the best way?”
“It got a reaction out of her, didn't it? Better than anything else in the last couple of days.”
“You're right. But wasn't any other way to achieve the same effect?”
“What's that?” She teased, “You didn't exactly complain while touching me, did you? I would just have to tell the princess about what sort of man her dear buddy is if you're that way.”
“Is that a threat? This was your plan.”
“It's no threat.” She laughs, evidently in one of her better moods. “I'm simply inciting you to take responsibility for your actions. Denying actions and playing with the truth are things more suited to someone wiser. You're too young to do otherwise.”
“I appreciate the ethics lesson then.” You shrug. “How are you going to keep her from bolting tomorrow?”
“Her injuries should be mostly alright, albeit a bit sore still. If she wanted to flee, she could, so I'm going to be giving her a little gift.”

To paraphrase: a special shock collar. If the rabbit gets more than several meters away from you, she'll suffer a powerful jolt, eventually knocking her out if she goes too far. You really can't be bothered to ask why Eirin would have such a thing to begin with. You've come to appreciate that some mysteries in life are best left unexplained.

Eirin leaves after a while, leaving you to finish your shift by yourself. You stare at the rabbit for most of the time, thinking of what exactly you're going to do with her. Your relief has to tap you before you realize that your watch is up. They also bring you a small bottle, marked with your name and a sketch of a heart and the moon – a gift from Eirin. No matter what you do, you always play into her hands if she wants it to be so. Well, at least she sort of cares about you. That's how you console yourself.
>> No. 16806
You take a pill and head off straight to bed. You're too preoccupied with thoughts of what to do to even bother checking in on Kaguya. It'll be a long day tomorrow.

You're awoken n the morning by Eirin.

“Keep this on you somewhere.” She gives a small disc without waiting for you to gather your wits.
“Huh? Wha?” Sleepy sleepy sleepy.
“She can't be more than several meters away from that. So keep it somewhere safe. Press it if you feel threatened. She'll be here soon.” She then leaves, pausing at the door momentarily, “I trust that my medicine worked. It would seem so by the looks of it.”

You're left rubbing your eyes and yawning for several minutes afterwards. You barely have enough time to get properly dressed before there's a knock on the door.

“Shirou, I've brought her.” Reisen's voice comes from outside.
“Come in.”

Reisen is escorting the rabbit,keeping her hands bound with a simple rope. As soon as she comes in, she presses something on the black collar on the other rabbit's neck and unties her.

“You know what'll happen if you try to run, right?”
“...”
“Thank you Reisen. I can handle it from here.” You tell Reisen, not at all surprised that the rabbit still hasn't said a word.
“Oh, alright.” It feels like Reisen has something else to say, but she leaves before you get a chance to ask.

“The name is Shirou.” You tell her in a neutral voice. “I assume that you don't want to share yours.”
“...”
“Thought as much. I'll be giving you a name then.” You had thought of a lot of different things last night, but too many of the things you thought up were too elaborate or inappropriate. In the end, you went with something simple and obvious. “I'll be calling you Silver. No objections?”
“...”
“Good. We can get started then.”

The day was long, and you had to decide what you were doing when, and more importantly, how. Eirin had set a precedent, one which you had decide if you were going to follow.

You should act:
[] Like your normal self
[] Haughty and in control

What to do now:
[] Spend time talking (or telling her about yourself)
[] Take her out to the village
[] Make her do household chores
[] Introduce her to everyone at Eientei
>> No. 16808
[X] Like your normal self

[X] Spend time talking (or telling her about yourself)
>> No. 16810
>>Acting like a dick and being haughty is totally out of character for Shirou.
>>I don't know how a trip to the village would turn out, our connections there aren't exactly at their strongest.

So is brazenly groping Eirin, yet that elicited more of a response from the new moon-bunny than any amount of kindness he's shown. While long-term exposure to Shirou acting like, well, Shirou might eventually get through to her, his normal way of acting towards others might simply be regarded as weakness by someone who is so clearly determined to hate him. At best, that could mean she will simply continue to stonewall Shirou's friendly overtures, but at worse it could mean an attempt to either flee or attack Shirou, which is certainly to end badly for SOMEONE.

As for the human village, if she's got such a problem with humans, and particularly human males, then a trip to the one place in Gensokyo that is absolutely loaded with them could be strangely therapeutic. Sort of like how you get someone over their phobias by exposing them to the very thing they fear.
...or it could, you know, also trigger her attempting to flee or attack, which could end even worse so far from Eientei.

Still, I wonder if there's potential for taking her there. Can't you see it? Basically forced to stick with someone she claims to detest, placed in an environment filled with even MORE of the beings she clearly dislikes, and so is forced to stay closer to Shirou if only because being close to one human male, as disagreeable as it is to her, is still far better than being surrounded by dozens of human males.

And so they walk through the village, the hostile moon-bunny clinging to Shirou like glue, all the while scowling and occasionally complaining that she's not doing this because she WANTS to, she just doesn't want to get closer to any of the other human filth. I=it's not like she's ENJOYING this or anything!

That said, I'm waiting on my vote, as I'm not sure about what's best to go for first.
>> No. 16811
>>16810

Your logic is sound, I'll retract my vote for now until someone thinks of a good combination.
>> No. 16814
[+] Haughty and in control, but fair
[+] Take her out to the village

Shirou's acting abilities leave room for improvement so he'll never be perfect at the role. Get her out of Eientei, in case Kaguya decides to leave her room today. That's a situation we'd likely like to avoid.
>> No. 16816
[x] Haughty and in control, but fair
[x] Take her out to the village

Eirin did set a precendent here. We should follow through and see what happens.

>>16815

But that's just it, Shirou got nowhere being himself.
>> No. 16817
[x] Like your normal self
[x] Take her out to the village

Shirou is Shirou.
>> No. 16818
[x] Like your normal self
[x] Take her out to the village
>> No. 16819
[X] Like your normal self
[X] Take her out to the village

I can't imagine Shirou capable of upholding a haughty act...

Least without some outside stimuli...
>> No. 16820
[+] Haughty and in control, but fair
[+] Take her out to the village
>> No. 16821
[X] Haughty and in control
[X] Spend time talking (or telling her about yourself)

Though I worry about Shirou sounding too much like a pompous jackass, the fact of the matter is Eirin did sort of set a precedent, and between the apparent ineffectiveness of Shirou's usual niceness coupled with the fact that his current companion has a shock collar attached to her to prevent any attempt at escape or aggression towards him and the two of them knowing it, attempting to be nice at this particular point might seem a tad disingenuous.

If you're a prisoner with something like that shock collar on, just how receptive would YOU be to someone being friendly when you both know they happen to be holding the remote to activate it? You can't expect someone to seriously believe you "just want to talk" when you're brandishing a weapon in their direction when you say it, and this situation doesn't seem too different.

Then again, the whole point of this exercise was for Shirou to be able to do things HIS way. I suppose the question would be why, and what does he hope to achieve from this.

If it's just a matter of getting the bunny to talk, then I suppose it shouldn't matter how he does it, even if he's not being entirely true to himself, and if he fails with that tactic, then Eirin will likely get it out of her regardless.

Of course, if the point is to try to spare the bunny from Eirin's treatment, and being an arrogant dick would put ol' Shirou too close to that sort of treatment, then the only way to go would be the typical Mr. Nice Guy route.
...even if it's doomed to fail. Maybe, if she still has enough awareness to even think or feel anything about it while she's strapped to Eirin's table and drugged out of her mind, she might actually regret being so cold to that human who was clearly just trying to be nice to her...

Just how long does it take for Stockholm Syndrome to kick in, anyway?
>> No. 16822
I'm actually surprised Eirin didn't throw us this bone without teasing us about keeping our pants on.
>> No. 16823
Well, I would have liked to update, but it's bedtime now. Something in the morning some time eventually, if you discuss and figure out what you want that is.

I would just like to point out that under most circumstances the second choice does not equal being a sadistic cruel asshole. Or the equivalent of a poorly played 'chaotic evil' character in D&D. If you want to do that, you would have to write it in, but one has to wonder just how good Shirou would be at that, if at all. I think him only capable of such deeds only under extreme duress or despair. As for the activities themselves, they're not the sole choice for the day, and some may lead to other choices, if not immediately then maybe as an alternative later. It's just a way to start the day, and perhaps frame the mood between Shirou and his unwilling companion.

>>16822
Occasionally teasing takes a backseat to more pressing business. Or perhaps some things don't need to be said.
>> No. 16824
[x] Like your normal self
[x] Spend time talking (or telling her about yourself)
[x] Take her out to the village
[x] Introduce her to everyone at Eientei
>> No. 16825
Requesting wall.

[x] Like your normal self
[x] Introduce her to everyone at Eientei.
- [x] Namely, allow her to shadow chatting and maybe some games with your buddy. Kaguya is a princess, and it's quite possible the rabbit will attribute some unconscious authority to her words.
- [x] With Reisen you should help her perform simple chores, showing a free delegation of labor between lunar rabbits and humans. There is no rigid caste system on Earth, and she serves Eirin not as a servant, but as an apprentice.
- [x] Tewi, if you can find her, might be a good reference Earth youkai, especially since she's a rabbit herself. You'll want to drive home the point that she is essentially Eientei's landlord, and without her permission, the Princess would have been captured long ago. Ask Tewi how old she is, which will give the moon rabbit some degree of comparison to even the oldest of sages from the Moon.
[x] After that, you'll head out to show her around Gensokyo.
- [x] First stop, the Hakurei shrine. Bring a large donation, and ask Reimu to bless Gensokyo's newest resident.
- [x] Kourindou. You can give her some idea of how rapidly technology has been advancing in the Outside lately.
- [x] Scarlet Devil Mansion. The library there is a vast repository of Earthling practical and theoretical knowledge, and its caretaker is a learned sage.
- [x] Moriya shrine. The gods reside there is physical form, and their shrine maiden is a quasi-deity herself.
- [x] The Village, to show her how youkai and humans can live together in relative peace.
- [x] Dinner & drinking, preferably with Keine and Mokou, even at that bird youkai's stand.
- [x] Sleep under the stars and moon. It doesn't really matter where.

If the rabbit is to overcome her disgust at how Lunarians interact with Earthlings, you have to expose her to as many different sources as you can. Kaguya is definitely going to be helpful, in that she's nowhere near as devious as Eirin and what's more is that she's Princess with an active interest in modern Earth culture. Reisen & Tewi to show her that neither youkai nor Lunar rabbits are subordinate races here.

There's more places to go besides the Village. Paying a visit to the shrine maiden would be important, since her great power and relative asceticism, as one who has subordinated the mightiest of Earth youkai, would be informative on the lack of absolute difference in power between humans and non-humans. There we have the excuse of introducing Silver as a new resident of Gensokyo. Since in SSiB the Lunarians seem to call upon the same gods as the Japanese, she'll likely feel some sense of humility if she were to receive a divine blessing. Moreover, showing her the Moriya shrine would give her an example of religious freedom and allow her to meet some physical gods.

The real point of the SDM trip is to expose her to the only other Lunarian (at least in Teruyo's continuity), and one who herself plays a subservient role to a vampire, yet harbors no especial respect for Shirou, unlike Eirin or Kaguya, on account of her singularly-focused job.

Finally, there is the Village, or rather, Keine. Keine is font of humanism, even if not totally human herself, and knows the history of this land well. From Keine we get to Mokou, who we can have reveal the story of her vendetta against the Princess and the existence of her own immortality. Mokou is an Earth human who in all likelihood is older than she is.

Basically, we want to show this girl a place that throws all her previously held conceptions out of whack. To that end, the drinking will be important, either so that she becomes disinhibited enough to want to do the nasty with Shirou, or so that Shirou has a reasonable excuse when he tells her that he'd rather deactivate her collar and set her free at the end of the 24 hour period, risking Eirin's rath rather than allowing her to be tortured and presumably killed. Hopefully if she's vacillating by then, that will be enough to push her into the side of non-aggressor or neutral. Hell, we might not even find her missing the next morning.
>> No. 16826
[x] Like your normal self
[x] Introduce her to everyone at Eientei.
- [x] Namely, allow her to shadow chatting and maybe some games with your buddy. Kaguya is a princess, and it's quite possible the rabbit will attribute some unconscious authority to her words.
- [x] With Reisen you should help her perform simple chores, showing a free delegation of labor between lunar rabbits and humans. There is no rigid caste system on Earth, and she serves Eirin not as a servant, but as an apprentice.
- [x] Tewi, if you can find her, might be a good reference Earth youkai, especially since she's a rabbit herself. You'll want to drive home the point that she is essentially Eientei's landlord, and without her permission, the Princess would have been captured long ago. Ask Tewi how old she is, which will give the moon rabbit some degree of comparison to even the oldest of sages from the Moon.
[x] After that, you'll head out to show her around Gensokyo.
- [x] First stop, the Hakurei shrine. Bring a large donation, and ask Reimu to bless Gensokyo's newest resident.
- [x] Kourindou. You can give her some idea of how rapidly technology has been advancing in the Outside lately.
- [x] Scarlet Devil Mansion. The library there is a vast repository of Earthling practical and theoretical knowledge, and its caretaker is a learned sage.
- [x] Moriya shrine. The gods reside there is physical form, and their shrine maiden is a quasi-deity herself.
- [x] The Village, to show her how youkai and humans can live together in relative peace.
- [x] Dinner & drinking, preferably with Keine and Mokou, even at that bird youkai's stand.
- [x] Sleep under the stars and moon. It doesn't really matter where.

Interesting. I can get behind this.
Write Teruyo, write like you never wrote before. A wall like never seen before here on TP.
>> No. 16827
[x] Like your normal self
[x] Introduce her to everyone at Eientei.
- [x] Namely, allow her to shadow chatting and maybe some games with your buddy. Kaguya is a princess, and it's quite possible the rabbit will attribute some unconscious authority to her words.
- [x] With Reisen you should help her perform simple chores, showing a free delegation of labor between lunar rabbits and humans. There is no rigid caste system on Earth, and she serves Eirin not as a servant, but as an apprentice.
- [x] Tewi, if you can find her, might be a good reference Earth youkai, especially since she's a rabbit herself. You'll want to drive home the point that she is essentially Eientei's landlord, and without her permission, the Princess would have been captured long ago. Ask Tewi how old she is, which will give the moon rabbit some degree of comparison to even the oldest of sages from the Moon.
[x] After that, you'll head out to show her around Gensokyo.
- [x] First stop, the Hakurei shrine. Bring a large donation, and ask Reimu to bless Gensokyo's newest resident.
- [x] Kourindou. You can give her some idea of how rapidly technology has been advancing in the Outside lately.
- [x] Scarlet Devil Mansion. The library there is a vast repository of Earthling practical and theoretical knowledge, and its caretaker is a learned sage.
- [x] Moriya shrine. The gods reside there is physical form, and their shrine maiden is a quasi-deity herself.
- [x] The Village, to show her how youkai and humans can live together in relative peace.
- [x] Dinner & drinking, preferably with Keine and Mokou, even at that bird youkai's stand.
- [x] Sleep under the stars and moon. It doesn't really matter where.

Kindness and friendliness often wins a more positive and long term respect than the usage of fear and force.
>> No. 16828
>>16825
>>16826
>>16827
Is all that REALLY all that necessary, though?
I mean, you did notice what Teruyo said, right?

>>As for the activities themselves, they're not the sole choice for the day, and some may lead to other choices, if not immediately then maybe as an alternative later. It's just a way to start the day, and perhaps frame the mood between Shirou and his unwilling companion.

Planning out the entire day like that is all well and good, but is pretty much rendered moot if any part of it winds up leading to something that makes the rest of the plan impossible.

Besides that, I'm not sure we're even technically supposed to be able to know all that much about some of those places , even in the limited amount of detail that's given.
>> No. 16829
>>16828

Exactly. I say we just go the human village and see what follows from there.

[x] Haughty and in control, but fair
[x] Take her out to the village
>> No. 16831
>>16825
>>16826
>>16827
I'd like to point out what >>16828 has said. In that a lot of those places Shirou doesn't know about and/or doesn't know how to get there. If you wish to be deterministic and vote outright on a full schedule there's no problem really, that's fine too - so go ahead, I'll give you some time to amend things. This would also be the appropiate time for people who haven't voted yet to vote or make their voices heard.

Otherwise, I'm going to find an appropiate way to tally and do the best possible using permitible ideas and actions. This is the last day to accomplish anything without Eirin directly taking matters into her own hands.
>> No. 16832
[x] Like your normal self
[x] Take her out to the village
>> No. 16833
>This is the last day to accomplish anything without Eirin directly taking matters into her own hands.

This reminds me of a certain game.
>> No. 16834
>>- [x] Sleep under the stars and moon. It doesn't really matter where.

because as soon as you fall asleep the rabbit will steal the disc thingy and run away while you're unconscious and completely vulnerable.
>> No. 16835
I'm hoping the saucer with button is just the manual trigger for the collar.
>> No. 16841
>>16834
>because as soon as you fall asleep the rabbit will steal the disc thingy and run away while you're unconscious and completely vulnerable.

No shit. That would be the point.

>I'm hoping the saucer with button is just the manual trigger for the collar.

What else would it be?
>> No. 16842
>>16841
I should have been more specific. Eirin has already said that the collar can be triggered manually and by exceeding a certain distance. I would hope that the disk is only the manual control and we're bugged in some other way as far as the proximity shock is concerned.

Unless this day is to go by without incident.
>> No. 16844
Oh Teruyo, where art thou? A thousand blessings for the writefag who updates and ten thousand curses upon that which would stop him.
>> No. 16845
I'm tired,disappointed, jetlagged, and highly irritable. So no updates for now. Maybe after I get some sleep and give some things some thought. Even then I can see myself giving other things priority.
>> No. 16846
>>16845
You need twitter so we can know what's going on all the time.
>> No. 16849
>>16846
Agreed.
>> No. 16850
>>16846
>>16849
No Web 2.0 bullshit, please. Save that for the normalfags.
>> No. 16851
>>16846>>16849

gb2/irc/ guys.
>> No. 16853
>>16851
Oy, don't bring us into this. Make up your own scapegoat if you're so inclined.

Asshole.
>> No. 16854
>>16853

>scapegoat

LOL WUT.

I suppose all the girly gossiping and mindless chatter of IRC is rotting your brains.
>> No. 16857
File 124789170756.jpg - (13.63KB, 576x427, ITSGOOFYTIME.jpg) [iqdb]
16857
DERAILING STOP
THREAD DERAILING STOP

>> No. 16858
>>16854
>girly gossiping and mindless chatter

"Mindless chatter" I can understand. It's not like a meetingplace or anything like that, after all. People pop in every now and then, have a few conversations about whatever, and eventually leave.

I'm not so clear on where you got "girly gossiping" from. I mean, there's some discussions about various CYOAs, so I guess that's gossiping? I mean, it's not like we're doing it behind anyone back or anything. Um...something about Shakespeare being overrated, something about typos. Some SimCity. Someone trying to format their iPod without using iTunes. Television licenses (Licences? I'm American, but the discussion is about British televisions, so I'm not sure which one to use). It's not particularly masculine discussion, but it's not particularly feminine, either.

So yeah, anyway, IRC's alright. There are people there, and they're alright, too.
>> No. 16859
File 124789536118.png - (101.12KB, 500x500, 118470099289016.png) [iqdb]
16859
You know what's fun to talk about? Bunnies. I like bunnies.
How do you think we're going to do with our new bunny? How badly do you think we're going to screw things up in our attempts to befriend and get information out of her before we're forced to surrender her to the custody of Eirin and her pharmaceutical-fueled magic? Might we find ourselves regretting passing on the chance to learn close-quarters unarmed combat with Reisen in favor of long-range shooting when he loses the remote for the collar and is getting a first-hand demonstration on the basics of moon-bunny CQC?

Well, if he's lucky maybe she'll keep him alive to use as a hostage and meat-shield when she returns to Eientei to finish what she started. Then he'll know he was being useful to at least SOMEONE.

Or perhaps I'm just being too negative. Maybe this will all work out fine and dandy. The silver-haired moon-bunny with the apparently nice ass will be won over by Shirou's bumbling charm and naivete, and pledge her allegiance to either him or his exiled princess buddy. The troubles on the moon will be quickly forgotten as life returns back to normal, with the addition of two rabbits now competing for the attentions of the only male in the general vicinity, each continually attempting to one-up the other in a spiraling series of events that ends with all of Eientei passed out in a naked, drunken pile of bodies that renders at least half of the occupants incapable of walking properly for days, and Shirou laid up in the Intensive Care wing with a constant IV drip to treat the near-fatal case of dehydration he experienced.

HAHAHAHAHA, yeah, right.
>> No. 16860
>I mean, there's some discussions about various CYOAs

And that my friend was and is always where the hate is coming from. Since long ago when Kira was still writing, telling people there things that we on here won't ever get to know about. And not even him, Tetro, HY and others. And let's not forget that IRC people insulting people here for how stupid they think they are and how wrong they are in every aspect and just how superior they are. I am not saying that everyone on IRC is like that, do not misunderstand.

But enough, i do not want to fag up this thread. I will just let this stand here as the truth.
>> No. 16861
>>16860

I'm...really not seeing the stuff you're talking about.

I mean, I've asked a few friends to proofread my stuff a coupla times. I guess that means they get to see my updates before anyone else. And sometimes some people throw around a few ideas, you know, brainstorm. But it's not like it's a secret club dedicated to trashtalking Anon or anything like that.

I mean, reading your post, I can't help but imagine a bunch of people in a cramped, darkened room, all smirking and rubbing their hands and stuff. And I can't really reconcile that with anything I've seen in IRC. I'm just saying.
>> No. 16862
>I mean, reading your post, I can't help but imagine a bunch of people in a cramped, darkened room, all smirking and rubbing their hands and stuff. And I can't really reconcile that with anything I've seen in IRC. I'm just saying.

Oh my god, it's like you're really pulling a self-parody.
>> No. 16864
>>16859
I like bunnies too. And I'd love to discuss them (particularly the naked pile bit) but, you know, it wouldn't be fair of me. I prefer not to share details unless necessary. Hopefully some other anon is up to the task.

I'll update sometime later, after sleep. Hopefully regularly thereforth.

Before the derailment, I was going to joke that having a twitter would make me popular (it would be like having real friends or something), but I can see that this whole business has brought into the limelight a sore spot. I myself don't lurk #THP regularly, but in general it's not a nest of anti-anon conspirators (well, I used to go like a year ago when it was still #MiG). Most of the discussion there is probably not plot-centric to any story, rather it's just general stuff (anything from VNs to I guess TV licences?). In #eientei, a markedly smaller channel, I enjoy talking to the other writefags when they're on and other people, sometimes talking about stuff like cheeses, other times discussing Touhou canon, what lunarians would be like, their technology, society, own theories on abilities (such as manipulation of eternity), etc. Plus, it's nice to know that QWL hasn't stopped writing for example. So yeah, while I may occasionally discuss 'in general' ideas and concepts if asked about them, it's no worse than if someone asked in one of the story threads. That's just me, but its the same for a lot of the other writers as well I think.

So there's no need for bad blood. Honestly, the occasional snide and unilateral comments about me and my story in other threads are one thing; there's no reason to derail the thread here and now. As long as people take it easy, there shouldn't be any problems.
>> No. 16865
>Plus, it's nice to know that QWL hasn't stopped writing for example.

Yeah, that would be nice to know. Thank you for deigning it worth sharing with us here.
>> No. 16881
File 124804425659.jpg - (884.30KB, 1280x1024, 4dd3335b6ff46122eb3f2cce75c13983.jpg) [iqdb]
16881
Brb, watching Rebuild 2.0
>> No. 16882
>>16881
So much for "I mustn't run away," eh, Reisen?
>> No. 16903
I stand by what i said.
>>16846
But this time without shitstorm please.
>> No. 16904
>>16903
There's no need to be obsessive-compulsive over the status of the next update. It comes when it comes. Expecting constant status updates puts undue stress on our dear writefag friend. Also, Twitter is for faggots.
>> No. 16906
The next update should be ready in the coming hours hopefully. Sorry about that.

>>16903
Look, if you really want to know that sort of stuff, come to #eientei on rizon. I'm connected to it basically 24/7 (except when I'm out of town). You can bug me there. I don't mind. I don't state my status all the time because it's annoying, plus feels bad when I don't deliver (a pride issue perhaps - not sure).

>>16865
I don't have to deign myself to tell you about the status another author's story. Whatever information they want to share is up to them. I am not QWL's keeper nor anyone else's. What I might owe to the readers is solely about my story.
>> No. 16909
>>16906

It's cool. Take your time. No pressure.
>> No. 16910
But...but I want bunny fighting updates NOW...
>> No. 16911
>>16906
yeah sorry. It was wrong of me to annoy you like that man.
I don't know what overcame me, must be the heat. Didn't really want to pressure you there like that heh. >>16909 this
>> No. 16925
“Come with me please.” You tell the rabbit with a smile after you grab your spare money and a couple of other things. She glares daggers at you. There's no changing that for now.

But she follows with no objections. Her eyes bore into your back, you feel that her burning gaze is being used to size you up. You stop at the main door.

“We're going to the village.” You inform her. She doesn't say anything. Again. You at her face, looking for some sort of subtle sign of, well, a reaction. Her dull red eyes stare back, unblinking. “I figured that you wouldn't mind so much being with other people if you saw how good humans are.” You're being patient, fishing her in with kind approach. She'll eventually let down her guard if you continue to be nice to her. There's no reason she should hate you after all.

She's silent on her way over. You lead through the bamboo forest, occasionally looking back at her. She keeps some distance from you, not fearing at all the threat of being shocked. You slowed your pace at some points, not letting her stray too far. You talk, trying to keep the mood lively. “The village is really nearby. Getting food and other things is really easy. Not to mention that the villagers are all really nice as well. They're kind-hearted folk.”

Nothing you say gets to her.

It's only when you clear the forest that there's a slight change in her behavior. She starts to walk slightly closer to you. Her gaze wanders somewhat to her surroundings, as she seems to size up the village. “It's not very big, but it can be a bit confusing to get around. Some of the shops are hidden away.” You stop for a moment to let a pair of villagers carrying farming implements pass by. They give you a bewildered look, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they were gawking at your companion.

The looks were something alright. The moment you set foot into the village, it started to feel like every pair of eyes was on you. And your aloof guest. You were a normal-enough sight in the village. No one would give you any second looks usually. This despite your wardrobe being oftentimes different from the average laborer. They were a pretty live and let live bunch, overall.

Well, being accompanied by a lean, silver-haired girl with rabbit ears changes everything apparently.

The looks have a pattern. First an innocent glance at you, then a quizzical look at the rabbit, followed by a look back at you. Some of the looks from the men look like those of envy. Or something equally powerful. You recall that Reisen also got those looks, but they were more discrete. Probably because they were used to her. From the women, it's something different. If you didn't know any better, you'd say that it was scorn. You can just picture one of the older ladies grabbing you by the ear and telling you not to consort with wicked women. But it's not like she's dressed provocatively or anything. Besides the collar, she's just dressed in a normal, totally plain white dress. It only has the barest of frills.

Silver, for the most part, looks as indifferent and uncaring as ever. If she felt bothered by the looks, she was doing a great job at hiding it. You wonder if your little talk had helped her cope, or if it was something engrained in her character. The stoic attitude was bordering on elitism. It wouldn't surprise you if that was what it was. With the bits and pieces you've picked up about her personality, you are more than just inclined to bet that that is the case.

You lead her, feeling a bit self-conscious from the stares. You hadn't thought it would be this bad. After all, you've come here with Reisen, and she was the only one who got the looks.

Well, whatever.

Your plan is something a bit more than simply parading yourself up and down the streets.

“I'm going to show you around a bit.” You begin your role as a tour guide. The fascination the villagers have for you is only limited to stares and not much else. You're free to walk around without any weird types following. Which is a good thing; you don't know how she would react to some sort of aggravation. “As you can see, they're simple folks. They farm, raise livestock, and use bamboo for a lot of things.” It's boring for you to play the role of tour guide, but it's something you're determined to do. “They've really got a lot of the surrounding terrain cultivated.”

As expected, your little tour is boring for her either. She shows some sign of reaction, Yawning mutedly.

“Well, there isn't that much to see here.” You shrug. She should be tired now. Her leg is probably bothering her a bit. Eirin might have implied that she was well enough to walk around, but you doubt that her injury has completely stopped hurting.

“Is there anywhere you want to go?” You ask with a smile. It's futile, of course, but it won't kill you to ask.
“...” Same as always.
“If you don't say anything, then I'll keep being boring you know.”

Her eyes move off to the side instead of staring at you directly for a moment.

“Come on, I can tell you want something. Just come out and say it. I won't bite.”

Of course, she didn't follow the subtle gesture with anything else. That's alright. These things take time, you remind yourself. The right catalyst can help speed things up. You should continue your business in the village.

[] Laze around in a nearby field
[] Go to a cafe
[] Go window shopping

Actions to take (choose as many as wanted)

[] Start talking more about yourself
[] Grab and hold her hand
[] Take a stricter tone
[] Other
>> No. 16926
[x] Go window shopping
[x] Grab and hold her hand
[x] Take a stricter tone

If anyone has something better, I'm willing to change my vote.
>> No. 16928
File 124830994535.png - (18.73KB, 500x725, sageforwalfas.png) [iqdb]
16928
[!/] Go window shopping
[!/] Grab and hold her hand
[!/] Take a stricter tone
>> No. 16931
[X] Go window shopping
[X] Start talking more about yourself/things in the village
[X] take it easy, etc.
we still have a while dont we?
>> No. 16932
[X] Go window shopping
[X] Start talking more about yourself/things in the village
[X] take it easy, etc.
>> No. 16933
[X] Go window shopping
[X] Start talking more about yourself/things in the village
[X] take it easy, etc.

We're not quite at the point where we should force physical contact on her unless absolutely necessary, I think.
>> No. 16934
Don't touch her. Not yet.


[x] Take her to the bar, get her drunk.

Best way to loosen a tongue.
>> No. 16935
>>16934
>Best way to loosen a tongue.

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 16936
Still waiting for votes. Currently 3-3-1. I know, several days since last update, etc. But I still expected things to perhaps be just a little bit faster. I might as well go back to playing stuff through dosbox for a while longer.
>> No. 16937
[X] Go window shopping
[X] Start talking more about yourself/things in the village
[X] take it easy, etc.
>> No. 16938
[X] Go window shopping
[X] Start talking more about yourself/things in the village
[X] take it easy, etc.

Yea we shouldn't touch her yet
>> No. 16939
[X] Go window shopping
[X] Start talking more about yourself/things in the village
[X] take it easy, etc.
>> No. 16941
[X] Go window shopping
[X] Start talking more about yourself/things in the village
[X] take it easy, etc.
>> No. 16964
>“If you don't say anything, then I'll keep being boring you know.”

>Her eyes move off to the side instead of staring at you directly for a moment.

Maybe, just maybe, she was eying something that appealed to her.

[X] Go window shopping, starting in whichever direction she glanced at.
-[X] Pay attention to what merchandise (if any) attracts her. You may be able to come back and buy it under pretense.
[X] Talk about how different things are here than from the Outside, which is where you came from. The good and the bad.
-[X] While the village and its people pretty much speaks for itself, tell her some anecdotes about places you've been and people you've met, before coming to Gensokyo.
-[X] Despite it's faults, tell you wouldn't go back to the Outside for anything.
>> No. 16968
>>16964

sounds very good to me, good eyes.
>> No. 16970
[X] Go window shopping, starting in whichever direction she glanced at.
-[X] Pay attention to what merchandise (if any) attracts her. You may be able to come back and buy it under pretense.
[X] Talk about how different things are here than from the Outside, which is where you came from. The good and the bad.
-[X] While the village and its people pretty much speaks for itself, tell her some anecdotes about places you've been and people you've met, before coming to Gensokyo.
-[X] Despite it's faults, tell you wouldn't go back to the Outside for anything.
>> No. 16972
[X] Go window shopping, starting in whichever direction she glanced at.
-[X] Pay attention to what merchandise (if any) attracts her. You may be able to come back and buy it under pretense.
[X] Talk about how different things are here than from the Outside, which is where you came from. The good and the bad.
-[X] While the village and its people pretty much speaks for itself, tell her some anecdotes about places you've been and people you've met, before coming to Gensokyo.
-[X] Despite it's faults, tell you wouldn't go back to the Outside for anything.
>> No. 16973
[X] Go window shopping, starting in whichever direction she glanced at.
-[X] Pay attention to what merchandise (if any) attracts her. You may be able to come back and buy it under pretense.
[X] Talk about how different things are here than from the Outside, which is where you came from. The good and the bad.
-[X] While the village and its people pretty much speaks for itself, tell her some anecdotes about places you've been and people you've met, before coming to Gensokyo.
-[X] Despite its faults, tell you wouldn't go back to the Outside for anything.
>> No. 16976
File 124864004970.jpg - (204.08KB, 533x745, 35990.jpg) [iqdb]
16976
I've been meaning to update for a while now, but haven't been able to various reasons. Sorry about that. The immediate future looks bleak as well (that being the next 3-5 hours) given the stuff I have to do.But when I do write it won't take that long since it's a (relatively) short update. I hope to establish some sort of normal rate of updates thereafter. No real ETA besies a gut feeling saying about 9-10 hours from now (tentative to change depending on my weariness).

So, um, yeah. Sorry again. It feels like things are stagnating.
>> No. 16982
>>16976
Take it easy, it is summer and hot.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x