- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 15894)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 124154310392.jpg - (22.90KB, 520x416, 267623f520.jpg) [iqdb]
15894 No. 15894
[ ] “I’m not going put any of you through anything I haven’t already gone through myself. War is hell, and getting the skills to survive it is an even worse hell.”
[ ] Have Kaguya change into something less… flowing. This is called a boot camp for a reason.
[ ] Pull Reisen aside.
[ ] “I bet you hate me for this don’t you. You shouldn’t. You should hate yourself for giving up. Saying you don’t want to be called a useless bunny and -- from what little I’ve seen -- doing nothing to change that. I’m cruel because when I look at you I see someone became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most.”
[ ] begin with basic training.

“Before we begin, comrades, allow me to speak.” You correct your posture and make yourself starkly visible in the middle of the courtyard. You also correct the position of your Mosin-Nagant so that it doesn’t slip off your shoulder. “I’m not going to put any of you through anything I haven’t already gone through myself. War is hell, and getting the skills to survive it is an even worse hell.”

“Aw, when I thought we could jump straight into action,” Tewi mumbles.

“Patience, comrade. We shall get there, soon,” you tell her. “And as for you, Comrade Kaguya.” Your heart tickles a bit when you call the princess with the suffix, but you know at this point she is to be treated as an equal. “I suggest that you change into something less… flowing.” You point to the flamboyant dress that never seems to leave her body ever since you met her. This is called a boot camp for a reason, and you have to make sure your trainees are properly dressed up.

“Right away, Mister… eh, how should I address you?” Kaguya laughs silly as she asks. “Oh. Right away, Captain!” She makes haste to her room, as so is Tewi. That leaves just you and Reisen in the courtyard, and the latter seems nervous at your presence. You understand the situation she’s facing, and you can’t help feeling obliged to clarify the actions you’ve done to her to avoid more misunderstanding between the two of you.

“Comrade Reisen, may I have a word or two with you?”

She looks at you. “Y… yes?”

You approach her. There is a sense of tension coming from her as you stand in front of her. You place a hand on your shoulder, and stare deep into her eyes. “I bet you hate me for this don’t you?”

“I…” She frowns as to break the eye contact. Her mouth is struggling to open, but the words are stuck inside her throat. “…yes, I hate you…”

You sigh. At least she’s honest. “You shouldn’t. You should hate yourself for giving up. Saying you don’t want to be called a useless bunny and -- from what little I’ve seen -- doing nothing to change that.” It’s harsh, and it’s stabbing her heart like a bayonet, but would you rather lie to your own comrade? “I’m cruel because when I look at you I see someone became complacent. And seeing that coming from a soldier is what hurts the most.”

“I…” She’s trembling, and you can only guess whether she’s embarrassed over the remark or she’s suppressing her anger.

You sigh again and place your hand between her rabbit ears. You give her hair quick ruffling, and she mumbles in protest at the doing. “This is why you’re here,” you speak and remove the hand. “To regain that strength you had forsaken. Do you want to be called useless bunny for the rest of your life? Do you want to be looked down by these people who can’t understand your true role as a soldier?”

Again she’s struggling to speak out her mind, and when she finally overcomes it she looks back at you. “Are you going to call me useless bunny after this?”

“Of course.” You snicker. “I’m your drill instructor. I have the rights to carry out the training however I want to, even if I have to badmouth my men.” Again, she frowns. Well, this isn’t going anywhere. “If you aren’t up for the challenge, you may step back but I will not be able to help you in the future.”

“I will not step back,” she answers. “If this is the only path I have, then I will walk down it. If this is what it takes to become stronger, then I will not turn back.” She stares deep into your eyes, and already you can see the fire of determination burning inside. “Do as you please, Captain.”

Your grin widens. “Well, then. Allow me to help you regaining what you have lost.”

Reisen gives you a salute. “Yes, sir!”

[x] part 2 to follow after this.
Expand all images
>> No. 15895
Kaguya and Tewi return, and my, what a sight you’re seeing. Kaguya looks starkly different from her regal appearance, with camouflage pant and sleeveless tank-top she’s donning. Tewi is no less interesting as well, wearing the same clothes as Kaguya’s with the additional bandana on her head. At the same time Marie approaches the party with rifles you identify as the Kar98, and before you can ask where she got the weapon she pointed to Eirin’s weapon collection.

“Why hadn’t anyone told me of this before?” You disregard your doubt over using weapons of the enemy for training. After all, you and you comrades had to survive Stalingrad on enemy spoils, so it’s fair enough.

“You never asked in the first place, that’s why,” Marie answers.

You give the recruits one gun each and begin the basic training, immediately exposing them to the fundamentals of armed combat and the knowhow of gunmanship. With the help of the rabbits you set up makeshift shooting range and instruct them to fire at each target.

“Well, this is much more fun than FPS,” Kaguya speaks as she reloads her Kar98.

“Keep your attention on the target!” you yell. “Do not waste too much time trying to aim! You may end up losing the opportunity to kill the enemy if you do!”

The shooting course goes without a hitch, and you move on to the next stage of the training. You equip your Mosin-Nagant with bayonet and instruct the trainees to do the same, but the unsure look on their face demands for explanation. “Sometimes you may find yourself in the situation where your marksmanship skill doesn’t help much,” you speak and point to a set of dummies at the end of the firing range. “Now, I want each and every one of you to charge at the target. Stab them as if they are your dreaded enemy. Show them no mercy! Overwhelm them with your passion for the Motherland!” Kaguya and Tewi are all too fired up as they charge at the dummies and begin stabbing them generically, but it isn’t the case with Reisen. “What the hell is wrong with you, soldier? Never had a bayonet charge in your life, before?”

“Sir!” She stands erect as you approach her; your towering figure almost dwarfs her as you stand in front of her. “No, sir! I mean-”

“Let me see your war face! You’ve got a war face?” She remains speechless, and this prompts you to scream into her face. She imitates the scream with mildly disappointing result, and you respond by giving her a punch into her belly. “Get your ass up! This isn’t the time to chicken out! Your comrades are already slaying the enemy with passion while you here sit and do nothing!”

She gets back on her feet, obviously shocked by the impromptu response. “Sir… yes, sir!” she replies, trying her best to hide her pain.

“I cannot hear you, soldier!”

“Sir, YES SIR!!”
-
-
>> No. 15896
The training continues until evening, and by the time it’s finished all three recruits are exhausted and lying on the ground, complaining on the difficulties they’ve faced. The rabbits are having fun poking and riding the dummies, riddled with bayonet stabs and bullet holes, and you are just looking at them from the comfort of the porch with the company of Eirin and Marie.

“I never thought to see the princess taking part in this kind of activity,” Eirin speaks as she sips the tea served by Marie.

“If anything, it’s her insistence to join the Red Army,” you answer as you sip the same tea. “My apology if I have to abuse her, but it’s necessary.”

“No, it’s fine,” Eirin answers with a chuckle. “As matter of fact, the princess has better done some workouts. Her habit of playing games- distancing away from social life isn’t good for her health. Sooner or later it’s going to come back to her.” She returns the ceramic glass to Marie. “By the way, Mister Ivanov, I understand you’re looking for the replacement for your lost weapon. Why don’t you come and see me? I’ll let you access the weapon stash if you so need.”

“Well, nobody told me I could ask anyone here about it,” you shrug. “Also, where did you get the supply?”

Eirin smiles. “And now you do.”

“I appreciate it, Miss Eirin. Thanks.” You finish the tea and get up on your feet. With the weapon issue settled, now you can concentrate on supervising the trainees’ training. “Well, time to get their ass working. Please excuse me.”

You approach the group and stand in front of them. They are still complaining, it seems, and you can’t help knocking back their sense. “Complaining isn’t going to help, comrades,” you utter. “You may hate me for the method I’m using in this training, but it is none of my concern. My top priority is to make sure you are ready to take the challenge of defending the Motherland.”

“At least, please lessen the verbal abuse,” Reisen says between her breaths.

“Reisen is too afraid to admit she likes getting yelled up,” Tewi teases.

“Shut up, Tewi,” Reisen retorts. “You don’t have any idea of how it feels to be on the receiving end.”

You shake your head. These two really like to argue with each other, don’t they? “That’s it.” You order Tewi and Reisen to get up. “Both of you! Give me some fifty!”

“But we didn’t even do anything!” Reisen moans.

“You dare questioning your drill instructor, soldier?” you bark at the rabbits. “Give me some fifty! NOW!”

Dejectedly they comply and do the manoeuvre. You raise the threshold of difficulty by repeating certain numbers and making them pause in the middle of the movement. “It’s all the useless rabbit’s fault,” Tewi grumbles as she struggles not to fall into the ground.

“Shut up,” Reisen replies, her arms shaking as a result of the midway pause.

“What about me?”

You turn your attention to Kaguya. “Do you want to?”

“Of course!” Her reply is that obvious. “Otherwise, it would be pointless for a recruit to do nothing while her partners are getting punished.” She smiles afterwards. “Right, Captain?”

You palm your face. You can’t be serious, can you Comrade Kaguya?
-
-
>> No. 15897
It is now the fifth day of the training course and the recruits are becoming more shaped up than they previously were. Their marksmanship skill has increased by some margin, as so is their hand-to-hand combat. Their tolerance for verbal and physical abuses has improved as well, and you notice that Reisen no longer complains over the harsh treatment. Maybe she has learned to accept her role and

Right now you and the trainees are getting ready for an obstacle course, which requires them to navigate through physical obstacles while being timed. It was never a part of the original Red Army training programme, as far as you could remember, but rather something you have drawn up for the passing days (with the help of Eirin who has helped you with the layout).

You stand next to the starting line. Reisen, Kaguya and Tewi are all set up for the obstacle course, and so are you. It’s been a long time since you last had obstacle course, and to be honest you don’t even remember if you ever had one.

“Whoever gets the last place must buy drinks for us!” Tewi says in her eagerness. Reisen doesn’t say anything else as she focuses on the obstacles. Kaguya, on the other hand, nods to herself, as if she has found a challenge worthy tackling. At this point you begin to wonder if they are even aware of their supposed role.

“Ready, everyone?” Eirin, who plays the role of timekeeper, asks. You nod, as so is everybody else. “On you mark. Get set…”

Somehow you feel like you’re forgetting something. You squeeze your memory box very hard, trying to retrieve the piece of information that is currently eluding your grasp. Damn it; it just refuses to reveal itself.

[ ] Mokou and the smoked meat.
[ ] Your 30mm amulet.
[ ] The appointment with Keine.
[ ] forget them. Focus on the obstacle course.

------------

Well, didn't know I have to trim my update into smaller sections due to its enormous length, but here it is. Thread #3 is up, for your information, and I better go recover my lost strength.
>> No. 15901
[X] Mokou and the smoked meat.
>> No. 15904
[O] Your 30mm amulet.
>> No. 15905
i think i'm getting spoiled, almost all the stories i'm following are making epic WALLS!

[X] Mokou and the smoked meat.
[X] Your 30mm amulet.
[X] The appointment with Keine.
>> No. 15906
[X] Mokou and the smoked meat.
[X] Your 30mm amulet.
[X] The appointment with Keine.
>> No. 15907
Instructor Ivanov, fuck yeah.

>>15897
>Maybe she has learned to accept her role and
...and?
>> No. 15910
File 124157433498.jpg - (358.34KB, 700x700, 1239635049012.jpg) [iqdb]
15910
>>15907
Ah, crap. I can't believed I overlooked that. Guess I should be more careful in reviewing my works before posting.

>>15905
>almost all the stories i'm following are making epic WALLS!
It was never my intention to build some epic walls, but yeah. Sometimes they will come up.

Guess I should start writing now.
>> No. 15912
[X] Mokou and the smoked meat.
>> No. 15913
[x] forget them. Focus on the obstacle course.

It's bad posture to be outdone by your own subordinates. FOCUS, MAN! FOCUS!
>> No. 15917
File 124162741980.jpg - (282.04KB, 800x800, 1239488893896.jpg) [iqdb]
15917
I see a tie in the votes and decide to write whichever gets four votes, so update will be delayed until then.
>> No. 15918
[X] Mokou and the smoked meat.
[X] Your 30mm amulet.
[X] The appointment with Keine.
>> No. 15919
[X] Mokou and the smoked meat.
[X] Your 30mm amulet.
[X] The appointment with Keine.
>> No. 15921
[ ] Mokou and the smoked meat.
[ ] The appointment with Keine.
[ ] Your 30mm amulet.

Right. How can you ever forget? Mokou might be waiting for you to show up with the smoked meat, probably eating some of them to kill the time. You may expect Keine to arrange a crash course on Gensokyo should you meet her at the human village, or even inviting you to one of her classes. Regardless, you still have the 30mm amulet to retrieve; it’s your most precious treasure, and you’ll be damned for all the eternity if you fail to get it back.

You lift a hand to tell Eirin to halt. Everybody within the vicinity of the course looks at you, as you approach the timekeeper. “Miss Eirin, I have some urgent business to settle,” you speak. “I’m very sorry if I’m too much of a bother, but will you look after the recruits for me?”

Eirin seems to understand the situation you’re facing and smiles. “Of course, Mister Ivanov,” she speaks with a glittering spark in her eyes. “You can always count on me.” You’re unsure of her intention, nor do you get the meaning behind the recruits’ appalled expression, but you have confidence in Eirin’s skills.

“Thank you very much, Miss Eirin.” You bow to her and head to the storeroom to replenish your weapons. From the look of it, it’s as if all the weapons haven’t been touched for many years and without proper maintenance you wonder if most of them, save the Kar98s used by your comrades, are still in battle-ready conditions. You disregard the questionable condition and begin searching for ammunitions to carry, and to your delighted surprise spot a PPSh-41 leaning comfortably next to a bunch of Kar-98s. You admire everything about this sub-machinegun: its lethality in close range, high rate of fire and huge ammunition capacity in its drum magazine. It’s just the kind of weapon you need to replace the lost MP40.

“This should be enough.”

You leave the storeroom head to the front yard, taking a quick glance at the obstacle course as you do. You can’t help feeling sorry for the trainees as they receive punishments from Eirin for mistakes you can only guess. As much as you want to clear the course with your comrades, you still have the promises to keep, and the treasure to retrieve. You promise to them you shall together complete the obstacle course once you have settled the business.

Or not, as you stumble across the zaichata girl at the gate. Right, you’re too occupied with the training regime to even remember her existence, and you kind of regret your lack of attention for her.

“Going somewhere, Master Ivanov?” she asks.

“I have some business to attend, and it is vital that I have settled before the end of the day,” you speak. “I hope.”

“Can I tag along? I know it’s risky, but someone has to keep you company, right?”

You snort. “Do remember that I took you in because you were originally my emergency food.”

She giggles and jumps onto your back. “Master is being denial, I see,” she speaks and gives you a piggy-back. “Would you go as far as eating this cute and innocent girl?” She tightens her arms around your neck like she had done during the dinner. “I bet my rabbit ears that you wouldn’t.”

[ ] put her down. You can’t afford to let her distract you from your mission.
[ ] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.

And while we’re at it…
[ ] give her a name.
[ ] don’t give her a name. Zaichata sounds appropriate enough.
>> No. 15923
[x] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[x] give her a name. (Tatyana)
>> No. 15924
[x] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[x] give her a name. (Tatyana)
>> No. 15925
[x] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[x] give her a name. (Tatyana)
>> No. 15926
[x] put her down. This mission may be too dangerous for her.
[x] Name her Sasha.
>> No. 15927
[x] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[x] give her a name. (Tatyana)
>> No. 15928
[z] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[e] give her a name. (Tatyana)

Wait, didn't she already get a name, or is Marie a different one?

Either way, Tatyana was an excellent choice of names, >>15923 , and you should feel excellent.

>>15917
Sweet mother of god, that's hot.
>> No. 15929
We have to teach Reisen to use Combat Sambo at some point and give her something that sets her apart from the other rabbits.
>> No. 15930
[x] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[x] give her a name. (Tatyana)
>> No. 15931
Too tired right now, not when I had my younger sister's birthday to attend and Internet bill to pay. So updates will have to wait.

>>15928
Marie is the servant rabbit entrusted to look after our welfare in Eientei.

>>15929
Already have plans for that, just waiting for the moment to make it happen.
>> No. 15932
[O] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[O] give her a name. (Tatyana)
>> No. 15948
[†] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[†] give her a name. (Tatyana)
>> No. 15959
Updates?
>> No. 15960
[ ] allow her to tag along. She may prove to be useful.
[ ] give her a name (Tatyana).


You reach for the girl’s collar and grab her. She yelps when you lift her off your shoulder and stays still as you bring her forward. She’s surprisingly light for a girl around her age, and you have no problem keeping her still. “I don’t have any idea on why you have such… intriguing interest on me, and I doubt you will answer me honestly.” You let go off her. “But if you intention is to follow me, why didn’t you just let me know? Silly zaichata.”

She shyly giggles. “You don’t have to be that strict, master.”

You sigh. “You may come. Two pairs of eyes have been proven to be better than just one.” She may just be useful during trip, being familiar with the environment she originates from. “Just don’t cause too much trouble, okay?”

“No, master! I won’t!” She sports a salute as to enforce the vow. “You can count on me!”

A streak of revelation strikes your head. You’ve been calling the girl zaichata a lot, and it suddenly comes to your realization that she needs a name. A proper name you easily remember. “Tatyana.” You utter the name a couple of times, memorizing it so you can easily recall it. It’s a name fitting the girl’s nature.

You call the girl with the name. She looks up, and from the way her eyes sparkle you can tell that she’s surprised by the name. “Eh? Tatyana? But you don’t have to,” she utters, frowning as if she’s embarrassed. “Though… it’s kind of… nice to be given a name…”

“My dear,” you speak and ruffle her hair. “As much as I love calling you silly zaichata - and believe me, I do - it becomes obvious that I quickly get tired from it. Hence, the name.” She remains still, and you can only make a guess: “I take it that you like the name?” She just nods. “Then it’s decided. Come, Tatyana. There’s so much to be done today.”

She smiles. “Lead the way, master!”

You walk into the forest. With Tatyana around, you can have an extra set of eyes to look out for potential threat, although you quickly grow tired from endlessly reminding her on the danger surrounding. You disregard your doubt; if anything, Tatyana can make herself a good spotter and you can teach her the skill needed.

You take a detour from the path. Tatyana doesn’t ask why you’re heading to different direction and just follows as you head to the cave that brought you to Gensokyo - or what’s left of it. You’re mildly surprised at how Mother Nature can cure her wound, with thick vegetations covering where the cave once stood. At this point, if what Keine had said is to be believed, you may never find a way out of this place and back to your homeland.

“Master Ivanov? Are you alright?”

You shrug. Repositioning the Mosin-Nagant that almost slips off your shoulder you turn back towards the bamboo forest. “Come. Let us not make our comrades wait for any longer.”

[x] continued below.
>> No. 15961
You continue the trip, using the time to teach Tatyana the basics of survival skill. Tatyana is such a good listener, paying attention to every word you speak and occasionally asking you questions. Her hunger for knowledge wears you off sometimes, but what’s to expect from a rabbit?

You arrive at the destination, and you’re surprised to see Keine talking with Mokou. “It seems to me that luck’s by my side. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.”

Mokou notices your presence and waves at you. “Yo, captain!” You return the gesture. “I was thinking of looking for you after this, but I guess I shouldn’t.”

“Good day, Mister Ivanov,” Keine greets.

“My apologies for making you wait, Miss Mokou, but I have leverets to take care of,” you speak as you take seat next to Mokou; Tatyana sits beside Keine, trying to look as comfortable as possible. “And I wish not to waste any time, so allow me to get straight to the point: how’s the smoked meat?”

“You and your smoked meat. Right.” Mokou hands you a bag containing the smoked meat. “Took me almost forever to keep it. Good thing you appear, because I was thinking of donating it to Keine here.”

“You have my gratitude, Miss Mokou. I thank you.”

“Hey, don’t sweat it. I was the one who suggested making one, after all,” she shrugs.

You, then, turn your attention to Keine. “So, I assume I have to follow you all the way back to the human village after this?” you ask.

“I was thinking of that, as well, but I don’t see a problem having an outdoor class once in a while,” Keine speaks.

“Sounds good to me,” you shrug.

“To begin with, most outsiders who come here have very little or knowledge in Japanese,” she says. “So I must ask you a question to make things easier: where did you learn the language? Did something occur to you that prompt you to speak in Japanese?”

You laugh. “Oh? I thought people wouldn’t bother asking me that.” When Keine is looking at you strangely due to the answer, you cough a bit. “Right. My late father taught me Japanese. He told me and the rest of my siblings that it was essential that we learned the language if we were to understand the enemy more, but I was the only one who passed.” You pause as to take a quick breath. “He was a veteran of the Ruso-Japanese war, you see. He remained steadfast to his last breath that Japan would remain a great enemy to the Motherland.”

“Where were you stationed before you found your way here?” Keine asks.

“I was stationed in Kursk. Before that, I joined thousands of my fellow comrades to liberate Stalingrad from the iron grip of the German fascists.” You pause again, remembering how tough life was and how tougher it even was to survive it. “Life was tough, if you ask me. Everyone was busy trying to fend for themselves, but for us it was a matter of defending the Motherland or die in the process.”

“That’s deep,” Mokou comments. “But I bet captain has yet to see some of Gensokyo’s tougher days.” She, then, turns to Keine. “Hey, Keine. How about a quick demonstration? We can show him how danmaku battle works.”

The moment she mentions danmaku Tatyana backs off from Keine and runs to your back. The displeased look on her face suggests that she doesn’t like the word. “What’s the matter?” you ask.

“I don’t like danmaku… it’s dangerous…” Tatyana murmurs as she tightens the clench.

[ ] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
[ ] ask Mokou and Keine what danmaku is about.

-------------

Hope it isn't too early for some danmaku demonstration, but eh.
>> No. 15962
[ ] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
>> No. 15963
Training reminds me of Hartmann.

More specifically, Full Metal Jacket+U.N. Owen was her?

Yeah, Vietnam era USMC =/= WWII Soviet Red Army, but it'd be an interesting training montage.

Hopefully Reisen doesn't go Gomer Pyle on us.

[x] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
>> No. 15964
File 124198857070.jpg - (11.61KB, 500x125, ppsh41.jpg) [iqdb]
15964
[†] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.

Tasukete Eirin!
- Here use this Mr. Ivanov
- Um.. Thanks!
Nice weapon!
>> No. 15966
[x] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
[x] ask Mokou and Keine what danmaku is about.

They don't have to do a demonstration. Just the information is enough. We can come back later when Tatyana isn't around.
>> No. 15967
[ ] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
>> No. 15976
[x] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
>> No. 15979
[z] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
[e] ask Mokou and Keine what danmaku is about.
>> No. 15990
[ ] ask Tatyana why she’s scared.
[ ] ask Mokou and Keine what danmaku is about.

“What’s the matter, Tatyana?” She doesn’t say anything, but instead she hides her face beneath your uniform. You at first don’t know what’s troubled her, until she murmurs something about terrorized by danmaku. When you ask her whether danmaku is that dangerous she refuses to speak and buries her face beneath the clothes even deeper. This is troublesome; you really want to know what danmaku is but you don’t want to upset Tatyana.

You turn to Mokou and Keine. “I’m very sorry to break the atmosphere, but it seems my fellow here isn’t pleased with the subject danmaku,” you speak, pointing them to the distraught Tatyana. “So I was thinking if a quick explanation is sufficient to make up for it.”

Keine turns to you. “Just an explanation, yes?”

“I’m very sorry, but if anything, demonstrations will have to wait,” you tell her.

Keine scratches her chin before she begins. “It’s the combat method of choice in Gensokyo. It involves firing a lot of energy bullets at your opponent, and it’s governed by a set of rules.” She pauses for a while as to correct the lunchbox hat on her head. “It is complicated to someone who is never exposed to danmaku battle before, so in any case a demonstration is still the best way to show you how it works.”

She notices Tatyana’s plight and chuckles when she’s trying to hide from her. “I understand, Mister Ivanov. Not all inhabitants fancy the idea of shooting energy balls at each other.”

“When I thought I could have a duel with Keine right here,” Mokou snorts. “You owe me that, captain.”

“Duly noted, Miss Mokou,” you shrug. “Another question: can human shoot danmaku?”

Keine shakes her head. “Most humans living here cannot shoot danmaku, let alone having the capability of performing such feat.” She pauses again. “You can, of course, train yourself to acquire the skill, but it is easier said than done. Unless you’re Reimu or Marisa.”

Marisa. You remember the 30mm amulet she had stolen from you. You palm clench into a fist. Suddenly all the anger you harbour towards the witch flares up, and if it isn’t for Tatyana clinging onto you you’d have snapped and cry foul over the loss of the treasure. Calm down, you tell yourself. This isn’t the time to bitch over the loss.

[ ] ask them what they know about Marisa.
[ ] ask them what they know about Reimu.

------------

Well, sorry for the delay, but again I've been struggling to overcome my writer's block.
>> No. 15991
[ ] ask them what they know about Marisa.
>> No. 15992
[ze] Ask them what they know about Reimu.

At the top of the list of Things Every Outsider Should Know.

>Unless you’re Reimu or Marisa.”
Or Sanae, or Sakuya...
>> No. 15993
[X] ask them what they know about Marisa.
we need to get our amulet back
>> No. 15994
[x] ask them what they know about Marisa.
>> No. 15995
[O] ask them what they know about Marisa.
>> No. 15996
[x] Ask them anything and everything they know about Marisa.
[x] Who exactly is this Reimu person?
>> No. 15997
>>15993
Agreed.
[x] ask them what they know about Marisa.
>> No. 15999
File 12423475753.jpg - (66.57KB, 530x750, 1237642285736.jpg) [iqdb]
15999
I see lots of Marisa votes right now, but I see if I can include Reimu's description in the next update.

Picture relevant.
>> No. 16045
File 124258589683.jpg - (225.63KB, 600x600, 1223827543745.jpg) [iqdb]
16045
[ ] ask them what they know about Marisa.

Time to gather information about Marisa. You can’t just face her without gaining knowledge about her, can you? You remember your late father’s constant reminder of “knowing the enemy”, and although it tired you at first, you soon came to appreciate the wisdom as you joined the Red Army and became a part of the Motherland’s defenders. You already recognized her capability no thanks to the encounter at the Eientei, but you need to know more about the black-white.

“So does anyone of you know about Marisa?”

Mokou snorts. “Marisa? That Marisa?” From the look of it she isn’t pleased with the subject. “What do you want to know about that witch?”

“Mokou, stop acting so rude; he was asking politely,” Keine scolds; Mokou pouts and turns away from her. “I’m so sorry. Sometimes Mokou gets moody when it comes to certain people.”

“I can see that. I’ve seen worse,” you reply. “What must I know about her firsthand?”

“For starter, she’s a magician-”

“Also a thief,” Mokou cuts off Keine’s words. “Or so I heard.”

“Mokou, please!” Keine interjects.

“She stole my amulet.” Mokou and Keine stop arguing and turn to you. “The most cherished treasure in my possession is in the wrong hand…” You tremble at the thought of Marisa misusing the item for her own purpose, and you punch the log you’re sitting on. “I’ll be damned for all the eternity if I fail to retrieve my belonging from her by the end of this day.”

“See? The captain agrees that she’s a thief,” Mokou points. “I bet that’s why he’s asking us about Marisa, right?”

“Mokou!”

You sigh. This is getting nowhere, not with Mokou and Keine resuming their argument and you getting left behind in the conversation. Tatyana is looking at them from over your shoulder, her arms now comfortably encircling your neck. “Wonder if we should just go find Marisa ourselves, master,” she suggests.

“I guess you’re right.” You cough once, catching their attention once more. “While we’re at it, I remember Miss Keine mentioning the name Reimu. If I may ask, who is this Reimu?”

“You surely have lots of questions to ask, aren’t you Captain?” Mokou chides.

You cough again. “Knowing who’s in charge of this place wouldn’t hurt, would it Miss Mokou?”

“Hakurei Reimu, the caretaker of Gensokyo and the great boundary that surrounds it,” Keine utters. “She lives in a shrine not very far from the human village. I believe you can easily spot it. Or would you like me to take you there?”

“A shrine maiden, eh? I guess she’s an interesting person to meet,” you say. “And thanks for the offer, but I’d rather find my way there.”

“A bit of reminder, Mister Ivanov.” Keine makes one of those silly smiles you rarely get to see. “Reimu is… keen to have donations from anyone who visits her shrine, so you better have some money.”

“I doubt she’ll ask for some from an outsider,” you shrug.

“And don’t blame it on us if she does,” Mokou speaks.

You sigh. “Anyway, I thank you for this… conversation we’re having. I highly appreciate everything you’ve given to me.” You stand up and take a bow to Keine and Mokou; Keine nods in return. “I guess I’ll be seeing you later, then.” You head back to the forest, all while Tatyana is waving to the pair.

“You still owe us a demo, captain!” Mokou shouts. “Don’t forget about it!”

You lift a hand as a sign of acknowledgment.

[ ] return to Eientei. How are your subordinates doing?
[ ] find Marisa and reclaim the amulet.
[ ] meet Reimu.
>> No. 16046
[x] return to Eientei. How are your subordinates doing?
[x] Formulate a plan with your subordinates help. At night you're stealing that amulet back.
>> No. 16049
[x] return to Eientei. How are your subordinates doing?
[x] Formulate a plan with your subordinates help. At night you're stealing that amulet back.
>> No. 16050
[O] return to Eientei. How are your subordinates doing?
[O] Formulate a plan with your subordinates help. At night you're stealing that amulet back.
>> No. 16051
[x] return to Eientei. How are your subordinates doing?
[x] Formulate a plan with your subordinates help. At night you're stealing that amulet back.
>> No. 16053
[x] return to Eientei. How are your subordinates doing?
[x] Formulate a plan with your subordinates help. At night you're stealing that amulet back.
>> No. 16054
>>16053
This votes wins the majority count. Will start writing as soon as I'm done with my Internet bill.
>> No. 16056
File 124271648572.png - (475.29KB, 834x1130, 1242693433187.png) [iqdb]
16056
>>16054
Writing now. Update should be ready to be posted before the end of the day.
>> No. 16057
[ ] return to Eientei. How are your subordinates doing?
[ ] formulate a plan with your subordinates’ help. At night you’re stealing that amulet back.

You look up. The sun is high in the blue heavens, indicating that it’s almost nearing afternoon. You don’t really have anything to do afterwards, apart from the original plan of finding Marisa and reclaiming the treasure, but you figure out that it would be foolish to face her without understanding her strength and weakness. Plus you want to know how your subordinates are doing in your absence.

“Let’s head back to Eientei,” you tell Tatyana and give her the bag.

“But I thought we’re going to take back your amulet,” Tatyana says.

“Of course we are, but we aren’t going to blindly charge into the battlefield without having any proper plan, are we?” you speak.

Tatyana tilts her head, her bunny ear drooping to the left. “I don’t understand.”

You can only smile and pat her head. “You will, Tatyana. You will.”

You head back to Eientei. The first thing you see as you enter the courtyard is almost as pitiful as the defenders of Stalingrad: Reisen, Kaguya and Tewi being pushed to the breaking point as they’re crawling down the barbwires, keeping their head low amidst machinegun fire operated by one of the rabbits. You can’t identify the type of machinegun being used, nor why there’s a barbwire course in the first. Whatever it is, the trainees don’t seem to enjoy the situation.

“My, my. Already coming home early.” You turn to the voice and see Eirin approaching you with Marie walking next to her.

“Good day, Miss Eirin, Marie,” you greet, even as Tatyana is handing over the bag to Marie. “I was thinking of reclaiming my amulet right away, but I guess facing a witch that apparently shoots light beam out of her hand is going to be suicidal.”

“It’s exactly my thought,” Eirin says. “But what happened to the amulet?”

“Marisa stole it, or so I suspect,” you tell her.

“I see. The kleptomaniac witch.” Eirin rubs her chin, seemingly interested in the problem you’re facing, although you can’t tell what’s going on inside her head. “Yes, yes. I understand. She isn’t someone to be underestimated. I see if the Eientei can provide you some help.”

“Any and all kind of helps will be greatly appreciated, Miss Eirin,” you speak.

“Eirin! Are you trying to kill us?!” The four of you turn back to the shooting course. Kaguya is whining, being unable to move forward amidst the bullet streams. Reisen and Tewi are as equally terrified as the princess is, although from the look of it it’s Reisen who suffers more. “I don’t remember having to crawl under fire! Please make it stop! Help me Eirin!!”

“I have included that as a part of the obstacle course after reading books on how soldiers train,” Eirin speaks. “I know it wasn’t a part of the original plan, but it’s what you have done in the boot camp, correct?”

“Never saw that coming, but thanks anyway,” you reply, “By the way, Miss Eirin, are you using life bullets?”

“They’re blanks, but I didn’t tell them,” Eirin says, a faint but noticeable smile carving upon her lips. “It’s better that way, especially for the princess.”

“Oh.” You approach the shooting course, signalling at the rabbit to keep on the suppressing, and yelled at the subordinates. “What the hell you maggots think you’re doing, soldier? Get your damned asses moving! Move! Move!”
>> No. 16058
>>16057

Evening is fast approaching. The subordinates are lying on the ground, obviously tired from the punishing obstacle course. You are equally tired as well, having done a solo run and getting praised by Tatyana for your proficiency. Really, it’s nothing compared to what you had gone through in the Siberian wilderness and the streets in Stalingrad. Marie can be seen doing weapon practice of her own, Eirin acting as her instructor, while Tatyana is walking around the obstacle course, interested in the structural design.

You don’t have any time to waste. You still have the amulet to retrieve, and you will take all kind of measures to get it back.

“Alright, comrades,” you call out. “I know this is kind of a sudden, but we’re going to retrieve an item of high value, and at such we’re going to outline a proper execution of such plan.” Kaguya raises her hand. “Yes, Comrade Kaguya. What will be your question?”

“Are we going in for a mission?”

“That is correct.” You pause as to get their attention, and you begin once they have. “Our mission is to retrieve a 30mm shell from a great enemy who has done harm to the pride of the Motherland.” The subordinates start talking to each other, not getting the whole point of the speech, and you explain what happened during the confrontation with Marisa. They coo at the explanation, as if they understand the situation.

“But will the four of us be enough to take her on?” Reisen asks. “I mean, she had faced all of us during the imperishable night incident, so…”

“We can always overwhelm her with great numbers. Strength does, and can, come in quantity,” Kaguya suggests. “How about sending an army of rabbits to distract her while we go in and take the amulet?”

Strength in quantity. Now that’s a suggestion you never see it coming. Why, not? You can show Marisa how soldiers of the Red Army aren’t someone to be undermined, especially when they’re in great amount. “Comrade Tewi,” you point to Tewi. “You’ll be in charge of the rabbit.”

“Roger that, Captain!” Tewi replies with a salute.

“What are we going to do after that?” Reisen asks again. “Even if we’ve her surrounded, she’ll just Master Spark us to escape.”

“Hmm…” You scratch your chin, as if looking for an idea to counteract the tactic. After what seems to be forever, you’ve found one. “She may be strong and capable, but war isn’t just about brute force. It always takes the combination of brain and brawn to achieve victory, and it has been proven in the battlefield for generations.”

“What’s your suggestion, then?” Kaguya asks.

“I’ll teach you some of the disarming techniques we had learned,” you speak. “And I may end up teaching you the basics of combat Sambo. In other words.” You snicker. “We’re going to have a wrestling match.”

[ ] ask for a volunteer. Nicely.
[ ] pick one of the subordinates. No question asked.
>> No. 16059
[x] pick one of the subordinates. No question asked.
[x] Reisen. She needs this more than anyone.
>> No. 16060
[x] pick one of the subordinates. No question asked.
[x] Reisen. She needs this more than anyone.
>> No. 16061
[x] pick one of the subordinates. No question asked.
[x] Reisen. She needs this more than anyone.
>> No. 16062
[x] pick one of the subordinates. No question asked.
[x] Reisen. She needs this more than anyone.

Sambo Master Ivanov.
>> No. 16063
[x] pick one of the subordinates. No question asked.
[x] Reisen. She needs this more than anyone.

poor useless bunny, i just hope she doesnt snap and start danmaku'ing us to the next century
>> No. 16064
File 12427781594.jpg - (76.69KB, 585x1024, 2500945085_303e306ff7_b.jpg) [iqdb]
16064
Right. Before I start updating, let me get some points clear in order not to screw everything up: Sambo is basically freestyle wrestling, am I correct? Or are there details I have overlooked?

Picture related. Somewhat.
>> No. 16065
>>16064

From what I've looked up it's mainly freestyle wrestling combined with other grappling style martial arts like judo or jujitsu, so it's basis includes things like shoulder throws, choke hold, and stuff like breaking arms and limbs.

Basically it's fighting dirty to either injure, incapacitate or kill your opponent before they have a chance to hurt you.
>> No. 16066
So, we're going to smack Reisen around some? Nice.
>> No. 16082
File 124295331651.png - (432.36KB, 600x600, 834272rq7.png) [iqdb]
16082
[ ] pick one of the subordinates. No question asked.
[ ] Reisen. She needs this more than anyone.

You look at each of the subordinates. They have potential, and you know you can exert the best of their abilities. With that decided, you can proceed with the demonstration, but first thing first: who’s going to be your sparring partner?

Fuck that. You’ve already found the most eligible person.

You point at Reisen. Without a word, she stands up, holding the Kar98 close to her chest. “Y… yes sir?” she asks in uncertainty. You stare into her eyes; she needs this more than anyone else, more so than Kaguya or Tewi.

“Swing the rifle at my face,” you speak.

Reisen’s eyes storm wide. “But!”

“Do not question your instructor, soldier!” There will be no question asked, and you shall tolerate none. Reisen needs to cast away her doubt or she will forever be tormented by her guilt.

“S… sir! Yes sir!” Reisen readies herself, and when she does she swings the rifle at your face. You snicker; the attack is as predictable as the rabbit herself. Effortlessly you duck low to avoid the horizontal swing, and seeing an opening in the manoeuvre you lunge forward and perform a scissor takedown. Kaguya and Tewi can be heard wowing and clapping over the move, and so is Tatyana who is watching from the sideline.

You stand up. “That is why you should never leave an opening in your attack,” you speak and help Reisen getting back on her feet. “Anytime you leave yourself exposed the enemy will seize the opportunity and strike at where it hurts the most. Alright, comrade. Do it again.”

Reisen swings the rifle’s butt-stock at you again. This time you parry the attack, and again using the opportunity from her delayed reaction you turn on your feet and deliver a sidekick onto her side. She gets knocked off her feet and crashes onto the ground, holding her waist as she winces in pain. “Get up, soldier! I’m not holding back just because you’re a woman!” She gets back on her feet. “That’s the spirit,” you say and give Reisen your bayonet.

“Aren’t we supposed to train with dummy weapon first?” Kaguya asks.

“There is no such thing as dummy weapon, comrade Kaguya,” you reply and signal at Reisen to proceed. “Do you expect your enemy to be armed with pillows in combat? Watch and learn.”

Reisen shouts a kiai and pounces at you. You seize the attacking hand, disarm her off the knife and perform a leg sweep catches her by surprise. Reisen gets back on her feet and attacks again; this time you grab her by the clothes and perform a sacrifice throw that sends Reisen flying away from the group. The impact from the crash should have left most combatants immobile but Reisen, instead, simply gets back on her feet, undeterred by the setback. From the look of it she’s determined to go through this training.

“You can still continue?” you ask.

“Yes, somehow,” Reisen replies. “Here I come.” Reisen again shouts a kiai and charges at you, hacking and slashing in efforts to land a strike, while you dodge and repel all attacks. What is at first an empty-hand combat demonstration turns into a duel, as both you and Reisen exchange and parry each other’s blow. Occasionally you pin Reisen on the ground and perform an arm-bar, almost forcing her into submission before she retaliates with a blow onto your temple. The duel goes on for minutes, and already Reisen is showing the determination to grab her victory, but it’s not the time yet. There is still more for the moon rabbit to learn.

Time to finish this.

You snatch Reisen’s hand, disarm the bayonet and sweep her off her feet. “I must remind each and every one of you here, that this training is designed to deliver maximum destruction upon your enemy,” you continue while holding her wrist to keep her secured. “It is not to be treated as a sport, and you should NEVER treat it as such.” You release Reisen off the grasp after she taps your arm. “Any question before I proceed?”

Kaguya and Tewi are left speechless. From their reaction, your guess is that they have never seen a duel this intense. “I take that as a ‘no’.” You turn to Reisen, tired obviously. “Thank you for the assistance, comrade.”

“N… no problem, Captain,” Reisen replies between her gasps.

[ ] end the training session. Tonight, you’re raiding Marisa’s house and you’ll need all the energy you can get.
[ ] teach Kaguya and Tewi the basics of Sambo wrestling. It’s their turn to earn the skill.
[ ] train Reisen some more. She has the proficiency, but it’s blunt and needs to be sharpened.
>> No. 16083
[O] Teach Kaguya and Tewi the basics of Sambo wrestling. It’s their turn to earn the skill.

Sounds good.
>> No. 16085
[x] end the training session. Tonight, you’re raiding Marisa’s house and you’ll need all the energy you can get.
[x] Tomorrow you'll be training the others and sharpening Reisen's skills.
>> No. 16089
[z] End the training session. Tonight, you’re raiding Marisa’s house and you’ll need all the energy you can get.
[e] Tomorrow you'll be training the others in sambo and sharpening Reisen's skills.
>> No. 16090
[x] end the training session. Tonight, you’re raiding Marisa’s house and you’ll need all the energy you can get.
[x] Tomorrow you'll be training the others and sharpening Reisen's skills.
>> No. 16091
[x] end the training session. Tonight, you’re raiding Marisa’s house and you’ll need all the energy you can get.
[x] Tomorrow you'll be training the others and sharpening Reisen's skills.
>> No. 16095
[ ] teach Kaguya and Tewi the basics of Sambo wrestling. It’s their turn to earn the skill.
[ ] train Reisen some more. She has the proficiency, but it’s blunt and needs to be sharpened.
>> No. 16107
File 124309806518.jpg - (46.33KB, 465x283, general_neet.jpg) [iqdb]
16107
Alright, I probably won't do any update this weekend since I'm distracted by other works at the moment. So yeah; will probably resume work sometimes next week.
>> No. 16172
[ ] end the training session. Tonight you’re raiding Marisa’s house and you’ll need all the energy you can get.
[ ] tomorrow you’ll be training the others and sharpening Reisen’s skills.

“Alright, everyone, that’s enough for today.” It earns you the groans of disapproval from Kaguya and Tewi, who start begging you to teach them the wrestling basics. “I am aware that you are in the need of acquiring such skill, but the battlefield awaits no one. Besides, do you expect yourself to successfully raid the enemy’s base when you lack the energy?

“But I still want to learn the takedown,” Kaguya mumbles.

“Patience,” you speak. “Once we have achieved victory, only then will I train the rest of you. I shall personally train you two tomorrow (you point to Kaguya and Tewi as you do so), so you can have my words.” You look up at the sky, seeing that the sun is already setting. “We still have time before the mission, so I’d advise you to stock up - or do whatever you wish. Dismiss.” They rise on their feet and salute before they leave, although Reisen stays behind when you call her. “Comrade Reisen.”

“Yes?”

“I’m impressed by your proficiency as a fighter,” you speak, in which Reisen bashfully smiles as a response. “But I also find it blunt and unrefined, and at such it needs to be sharpened. Do you not mind going through more training after this?”

“If I have to climb up mountains, wrestle bears and kick shrine maiden’s butt, then I’ll take any training,” she answers.

“Good, good,” you nod. “I’ll rely on you throughout the mission. Show me your best shot.”

Reisen salutes. “I will not disappoint you, captain!!”
-
-
Night arrives. You and the operatives are heading towards the Forest of Magic, the place you’ve been briefed on by Eirin. Already the pharmacist has helped you with the equipments and logistic, as well as providing intelligence on Marisa’s whereabouts and the witch’s strength and weakness, so the only thing you have to worry about is the flow of the mission. At first you have considered using air route to access the forest (you know it’s faster that way) but after listening to Eirin’s advice regarding the risk of taking night flight the only (and the best) option left is by foot.

And that means marching through the darkness of Gensokyo’s night, with only the stars as your guidance. Not that you want to complain, since you’re used to walking for long distances with heavy equipments strapped on you, no thanks to your deployment in Siberia. Apparently none of your subordinates is complaining over the situation; in fact, you can see them enjoying the night walk, chatting as if they have gone through this before, and you have to constantly remind them it isn’t like a walk in the park.

You arrive at the location. You send a scout from among the earth rabbits to observe the area while you tell the personnel to gather. They do so, surrounding you in circular formation as you kneel and plunge the bayonet into the soil.

“Alright, comrades. Listen to what I am about to say here.”

[ ] lay out the battle plan. Assign each of your subordinates to different role in the mission.
[ ] there is no time for battle plan. Give your comrades the fieriest speech you can muster and lead the charge.
>> No. 16173
[x] lay out the battle plan. Assign each of your subordinates to different role in the mission. A blind rush can only result in un-nessecary casualties. We need the element of suprise.
>> No. 16174
[X] lay out the battle plan. Assign each of your subordinates to different role in the mission.
>> No. 16178
[X] lay out the battle plan. Assign each of your subordinates to different role in the mission.
>> No. 16179
[x] there is no time for battle plan. Give your comrades the fieriest speech you can muster and lead the charge.

When we have lesser-experienced soldiers than Reisen, it's not good to monopolize your options. By placing the others in areas you think they'll be best situated for, you leave yourself open to the element of surprise when the weight of the mission turns and occupies a single set of shoulders, leaving the others in bad positions.

With someone like Marisa, it's better to charge her and use everything at your disposal to disarm and capture her. Giving her any hesitation or room to maneuver is not a good idea, as she will likely just bounce around us, setting off as many sparks as she can.
>> No. 16186
>>16179
Well, that's what I've been thinking for a while, considering that only Ivanov and Reisen have combat experience compared to the rest of the operatives. Editing the content I'm writing at the moment shouldn't pose many problem since I just started it half an hour. Otherwise I'll just go with the most popular vote.

Otherwise, I'll proceed with what I'm working on at the moment.
>> No. 16187
[x] there is no time for battle plan. Give your comrades the fieriest speech you can muster and lead the charge.
>> No. 16189
[O] There is no time for battle plan. Give your comrades the fieriest speech you can muster and lead the charge.
>> No. 16190
[x] there is no time for battle plan. Give your comrades the fieriest speech you can muster and lead the charge.
>> No. 16200
In b4 mine field.
>> No. 16220
Updates?
>> No. 16237
>>16220
I'm working on it, though to be honest I've been stalled by morale-boosting speeches I'm trying to give to Ivanov. Besides, with me being in the process of moving to new home this month, it will be a while before I can have it posted.
>> No. 16246
File 124382052478.jpg - (63.35KB, 480x320, italeri-6020-golden-horde.jpg) [iqdb]
16246
[ ] there is no time for battle plan. Give your comrades the fieriest speech you can muster and lead the charge.

“We don’t have much time to execute proper battle plan right now, seeing that none of you here has ever entered a battlefield before.” You’re correct; apart from you (and presumably Reisen) none of the combatants here have actually entered combat, and lining out a battle plan will only confuse them further. “Yet I am very certain that each and every one of you can feel the burning passion inside of you.”

You pull the bayonet out of the soil and hold it firmly in your hand. “The only think I ask from you is to contribute all your strength. Help me by overcoming the enemy with your overwhelming passion. Help me by combining your strength as one, because this is what the Red Army is about: being one and many, manifesting the very essence of the children of the Motherland.”

You stand up, just when the scout you sent earlier returns with report on sighting of Marisa with an unidentified person. You nod and tell her to return to position. “Remember, comrades: we have the strength in number with us. It doesn’t matter whether enemy has superior firepower or advanced tactics, for as long as we stay together.” You lift a fist into the air. “Comrades!! We’ll show them we are not easy push-over! We’ll show them we are not afraid of everything or anything!!”

“Ow!!”

“Onward!” You point forward. “FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!”

You leap out of the hideout, your subordinates following your lead and screaming the war cry in equal loudness as you charge at the mansion. It must have done the trick because you can see Marisa and the other person are taken back by surprise, and you know it’s going to work.

“What the hell? Is it full moon already?!” Marisa yells.

You give them no chance whatsoever by ordering the earth rabbits to attack and they do, pouncing at the pair from all directions and shooting what looks like energy balls from their hands. Marisa and the other person - a girl who seems to have control over multitudes of dolls (a puppeteer?) - get caught in the barrage, although none of the energy balls is touching them. You zigzag across the area, dodging any stray energy ball, trying to get close to Marisa. Kaguya and Reisen follow your lead, all while Tewi and the earth rabbit keep up the suppressive fire.

“Captain! We’ll take care of Alice!” Kaguya shouts as she withdraws a jewel-decorated branch of sort. “You go and deal with Marisa!!” You nod and split up, leaving Kaguya to face the terrorized puppeteer, charging towards Marisa. You swing the rifle’s butt-stock at her, and she deftly blocks it with her broom.

“Hey! I know you!” she gasps.

“We meet again, witch.” You give Marisa a knee strike, temporarily stunning her before you lock her with a rear neck choke. “I believe you have stolen my precious treasure. Return it to me and I’ll call off the assault.”

“I didn’t steal anything!” She elbows you on the belly and slips out of the choke. “You’re using that as an excuse to exact revenge on me, right!” She withdraws a small device and aims it at you. “I don’t know what you’re up to with me tonight, but you are so pissing me off!” She, then, charges up the device that begins glowing in multiple colours. She’s dangerously close, almost at point blank range, and you don’t have much time to dodge. “Love Sign! MASTER-”

To your, and everyone’s surprise - Marisa included, Reisen pounces at the black-white in ludicrous speed. It must have been her unknown reflex time because you don’t remember teaching her anything about it. What follows next makes you grin widely, if not putting you in the state of bewilderment: Reisen tackling Marisa before, kneeing her once before tossing her to the air with a judo throw, chasing after her and performing a scissor takedown, before ending the manoeuvre by sending Marisa back into the ground. Reisen somersaults out of the way, leaving Marisa dazed and in state of shock and lands next to you.

“Captain!! You go help the princess!! She needs your help!” she shouts.

“What about you, comrade?” you ask.

“Leave Marisa to me, captain! I’ve fought her several times before,” she answers. “Just go, captain! I’ll blame you if the princess ever gets hurt!”

[ ] insist on assisting Reisen.
[ ] go help Kaguya.
>> No. 16247
[ ] go help Kaguya.
>> No. 16251
[x] go help Kaguya.
>> No. 16252
[x] go help Kaguya.
>> No. 16253
[x] go help Kaguya.
>> No. 16254
[ze] go help Kaguya.

Well sure.
>> No. 16255
oh wow Reisen is being usefull

[] help Kaguya
>> No. 16259
[x] go help Kaguya.
>> No. 16265
[x] go help Kaguya.
>> No. 16267
[x] go help Kaguya.
[x] Rifle-butt to the back of Marisa's head, first.
>> No. 16295
[x] go help Kaguya.
[x] Rifle-butt to the back of Marisa's head, first.
>> No. 16326
File 124417135146.png - (12.59KB, 400x400, 50dba5417f8de0baee624a1f421b485fb73.png) [iqdb]
16326
Once again, I'm sorry for the lack of update. I see if I can work on it this weekend (assuming I'm not distracted by my job-hunting).

Picture related.
>> No. 16383
File 124434785579.jpg - (76.27KB, 800x533, originalnametoolong.jpg) [iqdb]
16383
[ ] go help Kaguya.

Reisen is right. As much as you want to help your fellow soldier, protecting the princess remains your top priority. It isn’t stated in your vow, but a soldier is prompted to defend whatever he deems worthy of his strength and skill.

You tap Reisen on the shoulder. “Good luck, comrade. May you blessed by the Motherland.”

You’re about to leave when you heard an annoyed scream. “Hey! HEY! You aren’t going anywhere, mister!!” Marisa charges at you, riding her broom as she does, and tries to hit you with the tackle. That’s one mistake she should have not done: repeating the attack that has already been nullified before. You step aside and you can see her horrified face as she misses.

“Gotcha.”

You swing the butt-stock. In a single motion it strikes the back of Marisa’s head and knocks her out of action. One down, one more to go. You signal at Reisen and the rabbits to subdue the unconscious Marisa as you turn your attention towards Kaguya. It seems both combatants are engaged in an intense projectile-throwing duel, each trying to deny the movement of other by shooting projectiles of various shapes and colour in intricate pattern. So this is danmaku, remembering the demonstration Mokou and Keine were supposed to show.

You remember Eirin’s last words before your troops regarding the arsenal. “All the weapons here are adapted to shoot danmaku cartridges. It may sound strange but with the cartridge you don’t have to worry over killing or permanently maiming your opponent. Unless, of course, you prefer soaking your hand in someone’s blood.” That was cold, Miss Eirin, you sigh. At least you don’t have to worry over switching your Mosin-Nagant to other weapons (apart from the PPSh-41) seeing that you only had to test-fire the new cartridges once to make sure they didn’t damage the rifle (poor Reisen being forced by Eirin to become test dummy for that purpose, though).

You have no time to lose. You pull the bolt once, take your position and aim at the puppeteer. She must have noticed your attempt because out of nowhere one of the dolls appears and explodes. It knocks you out of balance, disrupts your aim and temporarily blinds you but doesn’t render you incapable of fighting.

“Captain!!”

You don’t see another doll thrown at you, nor do you hear one of the earth rabbits’ distressed yell. You try to dodge, but your blurred vision doesn’t help you in predicting the trajectory path. The doll hits you again, but instead of exploding it shoots strings and entangles you with it. You’re struggling to fight back, but with your sight compromised you can’t judge the next attack’s direction.

“Captain!!” Kaguya’s shout knocks your hesitation away. You curse underneath your breath. Defeated by a puppeteer? This is madness! You can’t let such mockery to overpower you! You will show her what is the defender of the Motherland is made of.

You remove the bayonet off the rifle and swiftly cut yourself loose from the strings. By now your sight has recovered and you manage to dodge another doll toss. You fire a danmaku cartridge at the puppeteer in retaliation; to your amazement she calls out all the dolls to form a protective barrier in front of her that absorbs the impact of the bullet. You don’t stop there and empty the entire magazine, frustrated to see the barrier not bulging even an inch.

“Wait. Wait!” You stop firing. You cautiously watch at the puppeteer as she commands the dolls to return to her; they’re still armed and are looking at you as if you’re their biggest threat. “I don’t get it! We didn’t do anything wrong to the Eientei, or even anyone else if that matters, so why are you folks attacking us?” she asks.

[ ] answer the question, but do not let your guard down. She might be setting up a trap.
[ ] ask her back: does she know that Marisa has offended the Motherland and her children with her crime?

Write-ins are encouraged for this update. And once again, I apologize for the delay.
>> No. 16386
[x] Keep your guard up.
[x] "You have nothing to do with this, really. But you are mistaken, miss, for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray."
[x] "We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei. As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you, in the name of the Motherland."
[x] "Will you agree to our terms, or should I needlessly dirty my hands with your blood?"
>> No. 16387
[x] Keep your guard up.
[x] "You have nothing to do with this, really. But you are mistaken, miss, for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray."
[x] "We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei. As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you, in the name of the Motherland."
[x] "Will you agree to our terms, or should I needlessly dirty my hands with your blood?"
>> No. 16388
[x] Keep your guard up.
[x] "You have nothing to do with this, really. But you are mistaken, miss, for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray."
[x] "We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei. As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you, in the name of the Motherland."
[x] "Will you agree to our terms, or should I needlessly dirty my hands with your blood?"
>> No. 16389
[x] Keep your guard up.
[x] "You have nothing to do with this, really. But you are mistaken, miss, for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray."
[x] "We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei. As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you, in the name of the Motherland."
[x] "Will you agree to our terms, or should I needlessly dirty my hands with your blood?"
>> No. 16398
[d] Keep your guard up.
[a] "You have nothing to do with this, really. But you are mistaken, miss, for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray."
[z] "We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei. As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you, in the name of the Motherland."
[e] "Will you agree to our terms, or should I needlessly dirty my hands with your blood?"
>> No. 16418
[x] Keep your guard up.
[x] "You have nothing to do with this, really. But you are mistaken, miss, for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray."
[x] "We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei. As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you, in the name of the Motherland."
[x] "Will you agree to our terms, or should I needlessly dirty my hands with your blood?"
>> No. 16446
File 124464877723.jpg - (252.52KB, 640x880, acbf83e3692d1337390f49e5bca834ae.jpg) [iqdb]
16446
My apology for the lack of update. Got distracted once again, but I'll try to have it ready by the end of this week.

Picture not related.
>> No. 16505
[ ] Keep your guard up.
[ ] “You have nothing to do with this, really. But you are mistaken, miss, for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray.”
[ ] “We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei. As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to Miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you in the name of the Motherland.”
[ ] “Will you agree to our terms, or should I needlessly dirty my hand with your blood?”

She’s offering a talk, that puppeteer? This is quite a surprise, you admit, and you have to doubt her intention. Then again she’s merely a less-fortunate person unwillingly involved in the conflict between you and the black-white.

“You have nothing to do with this, really,” you speak as you keep your guard up, still wary over the seemingly aggressive dolls. “But you are mistaken, miss,” and you can see the puppeteer’s face cringe, “for your friend has indeed attacked Eientei, and has also stolen a very precious item of mine during the foray.”

“Marisa I know wouldn’t attack Eientei or anybody else without any reason!” the puppeteer reasons. “Do you have concrete evidence to prove the otherwise?”

“Oh? Then perhaps this will change your mind.” So saying you lift up your uniform and reveal to her the scar on your waist, still not disappearing even after days. “This scar is the testament of a furious duel between us, proving that she had committed an act of hostility against not only me but also the Eientei.”

The puppeteer gasps, as so are the dolls. “She did that to you?”

“Who else has managed to hit me on the kidney and escaped while leaving Eientei in shambles?” you ask back.

“We are willing to cease attack for the release of the stolen goods and a formal apology to the heads of Eientei,” you continue as Reisen and the earth rabbits are bringing the gagged Marisa towards you. “As for the damages caused to the roof, it is up to Miss Houraisan to determine an appropriate compensation, if any be charged. Should you refuse to cooperate, we will overpower you, and have you prostrate yourselves fully before us. If it is necessary, we will even execute you in the name of the Motherland.”

“So, milady, will you agree to our terms,” you conclude. “Or should I needlessly dirty my hand with your blood?” You enforce the last word by aiming the Mosin-Nagant at her face, your finger hovering over the trigger. The puppeteer is rendered speechless, as so are Kaguya, Reisen and the rabbits. It’s inevitable but it is necessary if you are to achieve your goal.

“Who are you?” the puppeteer asks. “And what kind of… item had Marisa stolen from you?”

You grin. “My apology for the lack of proper introduction.” You put down the rifle, stand firm and salute. “Captain Yuri Ivanov, Third Guards Rifle Division. I serve the Red Army and have fought in the streets of Moscow, Stalingrad, Kiev and Kurland before transferred to Kursk. I have also trained in the Siberian wilderness in preparations for the Imperial Japanese invasion.”

“And it’s not just any item, milady,” you continue. “It’s a lucky charm I carved from German fighter’s 30mm bullet. We zaichatas need every piece of luck we can get.”

“A… bullet, you say?” She turns to the dolls; one of them comes forward and gives an item to her. “Is this it?” she says and shows you the amulet, its strings still attached to it. “I remember Marisa showing me after she returned from Eientei. She said she had no idea of what its use was so she gave it to me.”

You cannot believe what you’re seeing. Your amulet. The lucky charm. The most prized treasure in your possession. “Yes! Yes!” You take the amulet and kiss it many times, disregarding the fact that you are shedding tears of joy. “Thank you… thank you so much! You have no idea of how valued this amulet is to me!” You don’t pay attention to the puppeteer or the dolls who are watching at you in bewilderment as you keep kissing the amulet.

You lift your fist into the air, clenching the amulet so tightly it cuts your palm but you don’t care. You have retrieved your treasure, and therefore you have accomplished your mission. “Praise you, Motherland!!” You yell a victorious cry, and everyone else imitates the cry as well.

“This calls in for a celebration party!” Kaguya says. “What do you say, guys?” The rabbits cheer, one of them jumping onto your shoulders. “Come! Let’s waste no more time!”

“Umm…” Everybody turns to the voice. Marisa has regained her consciousness and is now looking around her in bewilderment. “Whoa… what happened? My head feels so heavy-” Before she realizes what has happened you deliver another blow onto her head, knocking her out again.

“Wh-why did you do that to Marisa?” the puppeteer demands, the dolls sharing her expression of dismay.

“That, milady,” you speak. “Is for what she had done to me. Oh, before I forget.” You return to the party and turn back to her. “We also demand a formal apology from your party for the damages she had done to Eientei.”

“Why must I apology on her behalf?” the puppeteer asks. “She’s the one who’s at fault, not me!”

“Why, you were on the same track as she was, whether you like it or not,” you point out.

“Fine…” She sighs, realizing she has no other choice. “What should I do, then?”

“Come to the Eientei tomorrow,” you answer. “We can discuss on how to settle this problem, as well as determining the amount of compensation with Miss Houraisan. If it’s alright with her.” Kaguya nods as to approve the suggestion.

“Alright. We’ll go there tomorrow.” She sighs again while one of the dolls gives her a comforting pat on the shoulder. “Oh, dear… I don’t think Marisa will be pleased with this…”

“We thank you for the cooperation, miss-”

“Alice, Alice Margatroid,” she speaks.

“Right. Right.” You sling the Mosin-Nagant over your shoulder and throw her a salute (is it you, or most of the dolls are returning you the salute?) “Until we meet again, Miss Margatroid.”

“Sucks to be on the receiving side, eh captain?” Tewi says.

“I can do a lot worse than that,” you shrug. “But enough saying! Let us march down the victory road and celebrate our triumph against our enemy!”

“OU!”
-
-
>> No. 16506
File 124478004686.jpg - (206.67KB, 850x1062, sample-dc1c86152165236e1d1f9f63a17a8fe5.jpg) [iqdb]
16506
(double-posting)

You arrive at Eientei in glorious entrance. The feeling of pride never seems to leave even after marching through the dense forest and fighting off creatures that stray into your path. You feel proud of yourself not only because you are the beloved child of the Motherland but also because you have done something that made Her smile. You are certain the rest of your comrades are feeling the same.

“Welcome back, Mister Ivanov,” Eirin greets, with Tatyana and Marie standing next to her. “Glad to see you back in one piece.”

Tatyana jumps at you before you can reply to the pharmacist, and you can only cuddle her in return. “Thank you very much, Miss Eirin.” Tatyana climbs onto your shoulders and perch there yet you pay no attention as you enter the courtyard with Kaguya and Reisen; Tewi and the earth rabbits are already gone to their quarter. “The information you gathered prior to the mission has proved itself invaluable. The Motherland owes you for the deed.”

“Oh, don’t mind it. I’m just helping the princess’ guest getting back his possession,” Eirin says.

“Master! Tell me what you just did!” Tatyana asks as she swings her arm forward. “I couldn’t come with you because Marie said it was dangerous!”

“Tatyana, it was for your own safety. Even Mister Ivanov had asked me to look after you, remember?” Tatyana replies by sticking out her tongue at Marie. “Oh, you and your energetic nature… can you please calm down for once?”

“Never! For I am Master Ivanov’s trusted right hand!” Tatyana declares.

Marie shakes her head in amusement. “Oh, dear. What have I gotten into…?”

“Captain, what’s your plan after this?” Reisen asks. “I understand the princess wants to have party, but I don’t believe it’s the right time for it, not when all the personnel are tired.”

“Come on, Inaba! Every successful mission must come with celebration party, tired or not! It’s compulsory for every armed force in the world! Right, Captain?” Kaguya asks.

“I’m not sure if they ever do that after every mission, princess,” Eirin states.

“Throw away your doubt, Eirin! We’re celebrating it right now!” Kaguya insists. “What do you say, captain?”

[ ] go to sleep. It has been a hectic battle, and your body needs to recover as much as it can.
[ ] celebrate your first victory in Gensokyo with a party. Invite your fellow soldiers as well; they deserve the celebration as much as you do.

-------------

Well, this should do for today. I'm not sure if I have missed out some contents, or if I wrote this entry right. Regardless, we're nearing the end of Day Three, so do whatever it's needed to wrap it up.
>> No. 16507
>>16506

[x] "A celebration is indeed in order!"
-[x] "But...not tonight. After all, why exhaust ourselves even further when we can be rested and celebrate to our heart's content tomorrow night?"
-[x] Look at your comrades.
-[x] "You all did a wonderful job this night. You should all be proud of yourselves."
>> No. 16509
[d] "A celebration is indeed in order!"
-[a] "But...not tonight. After all, why exhaust ourselves even further when we can be rested and celebrate to our heart's content tomorrow night?"
-[z] Look at your comrades.
-[e] "You all did a wonderful job this night. You should all be proud of yourselves."
>> No. 16514
[x] "A celebration is indeed in order!"
-[x] "But...not tonight. After all, why exhaust ourselves even further when we can be rested and celebrate to our heart's content tomorrow night?"
-[x] Look at your comrades.
-[x] "You all did a wonderful job this night. You should all be proud of yourselves
>> No. 16519
[x] "A celebration is indeed in order!"
-[x] "But...not tonight. After all, why exhaust ourselves even further when we can be rested and celebrate to our heart's content tomorrow night?"
-[x] Look at your comrades.
-[x] "You all did a wonderful job this night. You should all be proud of yourselves
>> No. 16539
>Before she realizes what has happened you deliver another blow onto her head, knocking her out again.
I laughed loud enough to wake the dead.
>> No. 16604
No update for now as I am being a lazy ass don't feel like writing stuffs right now. Not with non-CYOA Touhou stories I have stopped working on. Jeebus; I need my motivation pill.
>> No. 16630
File 124534265298.jpg - (217.30KB, 487x689, e438c802ef9bd38138b70d47ff419736.jpg) [iqdb]
16630
[ ] “A celebration is indeed in order!”
[ ] “But… not tonight. After all, why exhaust ourselves even further when we can be rested and celebrate to our heart’s content tomorrow night?”
[ ] Look at your comrades.
[ ] “You all did a wonderful job this night. You should be proud of yourselves.”

“A celebration is indeed in order!” you answer enthusiastically, clenching your fist at the same time. Kaguya and Tatyana cheer excitedly, while Marie and Reisen sigh exasperatedly at the thought of late-night party. Tewi, on the other hand, appears at the same time and asks “did someone say party?”

“But… not tonight.” Hearing the answer makes Kaguya, Tewi and Tatyana moan in protest, and you can only smile at their reaction. “After all, why exhaust ourselves even further when we can be rested and celebrate to our heart’s content tomorrow night?”

“Mister Ivanov is right, Your Highness,” Eirin states. “Having party when our body is tired is not very recommended. If anything, it will make the party less interesting.”

“But I have to say.” You look at your comrades. You smile to them. “That you all did a wonderful job this night. You should be proud of yourselves.” You can see Tewi grinning in response to the compliment; Reisen is equally pleased as well, showing her gratitude by bowing to you.

“All of you just have no ideas of how fun a victory party will be,” Kaguya sighs. “Alright. We shall have party tomorrow night, and I shall guarantee it to be the wildest party Eientei has ever had! (Tewi and Tatyana cheer in response.) As for you, Captain!” She points at your face. “I expect you to take part.”

You laugh. “Why, it is my obligation to celebrate this victory with my fellow soldiers, Comrade Kaguya.”

Kaguya smiles. “Well, then, I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Goodnight, Captain.” You bid her goodnight as she returns to her room; Tatyana gives you a disapproval bite before she jumps off your head to follow Kaguya. Tewi also returns to her quarters, as so is Reisen, and that leaves you with the company of Eirin and Marie.

“I suggest that you do the same as well, Mister Ivanov,” Eirin speaks. “Unless you have other matters to take care of first.”

“I don’t know,” you shrug. “But I could clean my body first before going to sleep.”

“I see.” Eirin turns to Marie, who in turn nods and approaches you. “Oh, yes, before I forget. They have fully renovated the guest bathroom. You may use it as you wish.”

“Thanks. I appreciate the effort,” you reply.

“Don’t mind it. Unless, of course,” the pharmacist says with a cunning snicker. “You don’t mind sharing the hot spring with the ladies.” She leaves you perplexed, and although you get the message behind it you have no idea of why she would mention such thing.

What are you going to do now?

[ ] Talk to Marie. See what you can discuss with her.
[ ] Take a bath. There’s still time before midnight, right?
[ ] Head straight to your room. Sleep is an affair that awaits no one.
>> No. 16631
[x] Take a bath. There’s still time before midnight, right?
>> No. 16633
[ze] Take a bath. There’s still time before midnight, right?

Hold on. Did Eirin just make a pass at us?
>> No. 16634
[x] Take a bath. There’s still time before midnight, right?
>> No. 16676
[x] Take a bath. There’s still time before midnight, right?
>> No. 16684
[x] Talk with Marie for awhile.
[x] Take a bath. There’s still time before midnight, right?
>> No. 16704
File 124558863421.jpg - (85.59KB, 600x450, 106250.jpg) [iqdb]
16704
[ ] Take a bath. There’s still time before midnight, right?

“So, umm… how was your… mission?”

Of all questions she could afford, she has to ask about the mission. Not in the mood to elaborate the details, you tell her in brief: “it was a good opportunity for me to sharpen my soldiering skills although not in the way I had intended to.”

“You were having hard time back there, yes?” Marie asks, her rabbit ear drooping as she tilts her head in curious manner.

You shrug. “The enemy had resisted very bravely, and I have to acknowledge the strength the witch had shown us,” you answer before you grin proudly. “But in the end, it was the Red Army that had stood glorious, claiming the flag of victory we had fought for.”

“How was Reisen? Did she make herself less useless?”

You can’t help grinning at the cynical intonation of the question. “Yes, she was. I was impressed by her capability as a soldier, but she still needs more training. I suppose I should give her a special course tomorrow.”

“That sounds interesting.”

You shrug and look around. There’s still time before midnight, right? You figure that you best make yourself clean before hitting the sack. “I could have some bath right now,” you say while outstretching your arms. “Not a great idea to sleep with sweat and dirt sticking on your body.”

“Are you going to use the guest bathroom?” Marie asks. “I’ll take you there right away.”

“As much as I love to have shower,” you answer. “I find the hot spring more preferable. Though I have to admit I’m somewhat suspicious of Eirin’s proposition.” Yeah, maybe not as suspicious as Yukari’s plan, but given her career as a pharmacist she might be up with anything. “Besides, why would I share it with another occupant when I need to spend some privacy?”

“Oh, don’t worry about Miss Eirin, sir,” Marie assures. “She isn’t going to do you any harm.”

You have to bat an eyebrow over the statement. “I doubt your assurance will please me, Marie.”

The servant, instead, chuckles as if she finds your answer funny. “Cast away your doubt, sir. I can guarantee you everything is going to be alright.”
-
-
You let out a short groan of pleasure. Once again the feeling of getting enveloped in the hot water soothes your aching body, and you breathe out in relief as you immerse into the pond and relax yourself on the rocky surface. Not paying attention of the fog or the seemingly disturbing silence you begin cleaning your body, removing every dirt and stain from your body. It is a tedious process, but you have to make sure you are thoroughly clean before you can call it a day.

You pause. You can’t help questioning the motive of Marie’s assurance. What did she mean by ‘everything is going to be alright’? Surely you have to question her motive, especially when you recall the sly smile on the servant’s face, but you can’t help wondering if she’s merely having fun with you.

You disregard all thoughts as you keep cleaning your body, humming the national anthem of the Soviet Union to keep you busy. Before long you lose track of the time as you allow yourself to immerse in the luxury of the hot spring. How you wish you could do this every time you accomplish your mission.

“Is he inside there?”

“Yes, Miss Eirin.”

“Good. Don’t let anyone come in.”

“Understood.”

You drop the soap. At first you think you’re listening to imaginary conversation but your doubts die out when you see the person entering the hot spring. Oh, please. Of all people you can imagine, you have to share the hot spring with Eirin? To make matters worse, the fogs start dissipating, revealing to your eyes the glory of the silver-haired pharmacist; her body was covered in towel so flimsy it only serves to highlight her godly figure rather than to cover it.

She notices your presence. She smiles. You flinch.

“Good evening, Mister Ivanov.”

You realize there is no escape.

[ ] Stay silent. Keep looking at her.
[ ] Greet Eirin and stay calm.
>> No. 16705
[ ] Greet Eirin and stay calm.
>> No. 16706
[X] Greet Eirin and stay calm.
>> No. 16707
[X] Greet Eirin and stay calm.

Unflappable.
>> No. 16708
[X] Greet Eirin and stay calm.
>> No. 16709
[x] Greet Eirin and stay calm.
>> No. 16710
[X] Get up and cry like a little girl!

No seriously.

[†] Greet Eirin and stay calm.
>> No. 16715
[x] Greet Eirin and stay calm.
>> No. 16716
[x] Greet Eirin and stay calm.

>“How was Reisen? Did she make herself less useless?”

What the hell. Sure, she would whine, but Reisen actually worked. Are all the rabbits just bitches or something?
>> No. 16717
>>16716
Marie was being... cynical. JUST AS PLANNED.

No updates as of now; just returned from my field trip, so if anything I'll resume my work tomorrow.
>> No. 16718
>>16717

Ah, I thought she was being cynical as in not believing Reisen could be less useless. My bad.
>> No. 16719
[ze] Greet Eirin and stay calm.

Fuck. She was making a pass at him. And Marie's comments only make it worse.
>> No. 16725
File 12459691596.jpg - (136.82KB, 600x825, 1205346420458.jpg) [iqdb]
16725
Sorry for the lack of update this week. Haven't come up with anything to write down (was supposed to write a long dialogue session between Eirin & Ivanov but my brain decided to freeze on me), so yeah.
>> No. 16727
>>16725
Writer's block is a horrible, horrible thing indeed :(
>> No. 16728
>>16725
Keep at it, man. We'll wait patiently.

>>16727
But only slightly worse than seeing someone use a smiley like that on this site.
>> No. 16736
Finally got back on writing track. Seven minutes.
>> No. 16737
File 124622593870.jpg - (337.68KB, 700x933, 1218140972112.jpg) [iqdb]
16737
[ ] Greet Eirin and stay calm.

“Good evening, Miss Eirin.” You stay still, making yourself look as calm as possible. You don’t want to reveal your shocked reaction to Eirin, or risk giving the pharmacist an ill impression of this beloved child of the Motherland.

Eirin nodded and immersed herself into the hot water. “Umm… it feels so good…” You twitch. Somehow the way Eirin’s saying those words is enough to stir your blood, and you find yourself fighting a personal war to curb your raging blood. Either way, she doesn’t seem to notice as she starts washing her body.

“It’s been a while since I last shared this room with a man,” the pharmacist speaks.

“I don’t find that very… encouraging,” you sneer.

“Hmm? I thought you wouldn’t mind sharing this place with the ladies.” She’s repeating the statement, as if she doesn’t even bother your response. You begin wondering whether she has nothing better to do, which prompts her to use the hot spring this night. “Do take note that this is a public area, so going here and expecting this place to be empty is not really feasible.”

“I can see that, though why?”

She giggles. “Nothing. I thought I could spend the night chattering with you before going to sleep.”

“Oh, for once I thought-”

“Don’t be silly. Do I look like one of those seductresses? Oh, wait. I forgot you might never meet one in your life.”

True enough. This is your first time with a woman. Alone. Out of the context of working as comrades. It doesn’t help you either that this woman is of high authority in the Eientei, probably equal to a Commissar. Eirin seems to notice your plight and points upward; you do so and notice that the roof is missing. “The weather’s going to favour us for the rest of this week, so I have told the rabbits to remove the roof during your tour. After all, it isn’t an open-air hot spring without being able to see the clear sky, is it?”

“Removable roof, huh? I never thought to see it coming.” You allow your body to relax and the steamy fog to embrace your tired figure while admiring the star-dotted sky of the night. “Wonder if Kaguya is really serious about joining the Red Army, since she’s a princess-”

“Still having doubt over her honesty?” Eirin asks. “Mister Ivanov, you should never question the princess on everything she speaks or does. You should be proud that you have drafted her into your fighting force. She is a capable combatant despite what you want to believe about her appearance.” You heard her chuckling afterwards. “If anything, you have helped us gaining our reputation as one of Gensokyo’s major players.”

“Players? What is this, a game?” you snort. “We had gone through a hectic battle with the black-white who had almost eradicated us, and you’re saying it’s only a game?” You stare at the pharmacist. “I’m very sorry, but I don’t think you understand the situation we’ve been in.” Eirin remains composure despite your anger at her last statement.

You continue. “Back at Stalingrad we were taught to never treat the battle as a game. There was no such thing as winning or losing during the hectic time; all we knew and understood was that there would be only two outcomes in a battle: survive or die trying.” You frown; again the memories of your comrades killed by German artilleries play back, and you try very hard to fight the urge to curse the Nazi invaders.

“Would you do the same thing here, in Gensokyo? Surviving?” Eirin asks. “Tell me, Mister Ivanov. Why don’t you consider forgetting your struggle and live a peaceful life? After all, you have achieved what you’ve been aiming at and I don’t see any reason for you to contribute anything to the Eientei anymore.”

You clench the amulet tightly, almost cutting your hand in the process. “I am a defender of the Motherland, and my duty prevents me from taking everything easy. I swear upon this lucky charm that I will make those who dare opposing the Motherland to fall onto their knees and beg for their life. Even if they happen to be from Eientei.” You pause. Then you continue. “Even if it happens to be the princess.”

“Hmm… as expected from member of the Red Army,” Eirin utters. “That’s fine. I respect your belief and shall make no attempt to question your principle.”

“Thank you very much, Miss Eirin.”

The conversation lasts for a few more minutes. This time you ask her on people you may encounter in Gensokyo, not counting those who you have met for the past few days. Eirin points to the shrine maiden Reimu, and this reminds you to pay the caretaker of Gensokyo a visit. She also tells you that since the Eientei is going to organize the victory party chances are Reimu, as well as other people, will be invited; you don’t see any problem with it, although your only concern is one Suika Ibuki whom Eirin states as ‘a partygoer who never knows when to stop’. Either way, you know it’s going to be one hectic celebration.

“Mister Ivanov, are you planning to stay here?”

You shrug and lean onto the stone. “I you ask me, I still owe the girls advanced training and Mokou a danmaku demonstration,” you answer. “So yeah; as long as my service is needed I’ll continue contributing to the Eientei.”

“No, no. That’s not what I meant.” You turn to her, a look of intrigue painted across your face. “I was wondering if you’re going to stay with the princess not as a soldier, but as a regular man.”

[ ] You need time to think about it.
[ ] Answer the question honestly. There is nothing to hide, isn’t it?
>> No. 16738
[ ] You need time to think about it.
>> No. 16739
[X] You need time to think about it.
>> No. 16741
[X] You need time to think about it.
>> No. 16742
[z] You need time to think about it.
[e] But not how like people normally say that; you really do need to think about it, since you haven't thought of that at all.
>> No. 16743
File 124641522791.jpg - (39.67KB, 342x333, donations!.jpg) [iqdb]
16743
No updates, due to lacking the needed motivational pill and the fact that I'm in the middle of job hunt this week. I'm desperate for money to support my life, so yeah. Picture very much related.

I see if I can come up with closing post for Day Three this weekend.
>> No. 16744
File 124641648988.png - (588.41KB, 744x887, reimu - donations please.png) [iqdb]
16744
>>16743

Good luck with that.
>> No. 16745
File 12464267345.jpg - (85.01KB, 312x444, tapreimoo.jpg) [iqdb]
16745
>>16744
>> No. 16752
File 124672060058.jpg - (46.45KB, 850x409, sample-c33df2d68da6095e63f87ccaf50464c3.jpg) [iqdb]
16752
Update almost done. Seven minutes.
>> No. 16753
>>16752

hooray!
>> No. 16754
File 124672394368.jpg - (271.26KB, 643x900, 1245305337495.jpg) [iqdb]
16754
[ ] You need to think about it.

You’re stumped. Living with the princess? As a regular man? You haven’t thought of the issue since your arrival in Eientei. You’ve been paying too much attention to the amulet and training the residents to even consider living a normal life. It can’t be helped; having dedicated your life serving the Red Army and devoting yourself to the Motherland, you have vowed to defend her from all forms of atrocity to the last drop of blood. Now that you’re here, in the seemingly conflict-free land, you find yourself in the situation where your skill may or may not become useful (or necessary).

“So?”

You shake your head. “I’m very sorry, Miss Eirin,” you speak in melancholic tone, “but I would appreciate it if I’m given the opportunity to think of it.” The pharmacist glances at you, a look of curiosity apparent on her face.

“That’s a surprise. I didn’t expect to hear the answer from you,” Eirin states.

“Sorry; I just need some time,” you say. “I’ll let you know whenever I’m ready.”

“Take your time; we still have lots of time ahead of us, so don’t rush yourself.” Eirin stand up, her bare body made known to your eyes in all its majestic of a mature woman. She reaches the towel and covers herself, the way she’s wrapping the cloth around her and swaying the silver hair makes you question her true reason of accompanying you. “I appreciate the quality time you’re willing to spend with me. I thank you for the company.”

“Don’t sweat it.”

Eirin bids you goodnight leaves the open-air hot spring. You sink back into the hot water, not wanting to think of the issue for any longer. You almost refrain yourself from taking it easy, as a matter of fact. You shake your head afterwards; this isn’t the time to argue over Eirin pointing to the ordeal as a game, or the fact that you’ve been asked on your purpose of staying in Eientei. Right now you want to enjoy every bit of time in the hot spring as you can before you head to bed.

The door opens. You turn around and see Marie sitting there, unperturbed by your appearance. “The hot spring will be closed in ten minutes,” she informs.

“Right.” You fetch the towel next to you. “Have you done washing the uniform, Marie?”

“Yes. We’ve done everything we could to wash it as quickly as possible.” Marie giggles when she notices the intrigued look on your face. “I would tell you the details, but it would be a waste of time if I do that, wouldn’t it?” She bows to you and leaves the room, giving you the chance to ready yourself.

You lift your hand out of the water. You notice sticky goo covering the rough palm. It doesn’t take long before you realize what kind of substance the goo is.

What the hell?
-
-
You enter your room, allowing yourself to drop onto your body. You’re extremely tired you don’t even feel the impact of the fall, although the refreshing bath makes your limb less sore. You’re too lazy to prepare the futon as well and decide to sleep on the straw mat floor for tonight.

You glance at the amulet held firmly in your hand. Regardless, you are satisfied with the victory you and you comrades have achieved. You don’t know what will await you at the dawn of the next day, but one thing is for certain: you have done the Motherland proud in serving her as her beloved defender.

You give the amulet a light kiss before tying it back around your neck. You close your eyes and allow sleep to take over. Good night, strange zaichata…

[ ] Red.
[ ] White.
[ ] Gold.


-
-
Day: THREE
Route: KAGUYA HOURAISAN
Route Status: LOCKED
Commentary: congratulations for completing the mission, comrade. You have made yourself and the Motherland proud of your achievement. Now relax and enjoy your dream.

--------------------

And it's done. Day Three is officially closed. Goddammit; had to literally force myself to finish this. I might probably need a couple of days to recover before I can proceed with Day Four.

Also, I'm not sure if we need to see Ivanov's stats but if required I'll post them.
>> No. 16755
[X] Gold.
>> No. 16756
[x] White gold.

BLING BLING

>Also, I'm not sure if we need to see Ivanov's stats but if required I'll post them.

do it
>> No. 16757
[O] Red.
>> No. 16758
[ze] White

I'm a little worried what this "sticky goo" might be.

>>16752
I guess that makes her a Bullet Witch?
>> No. 16760
File 124676049310.png - (66.25KB, 1050x768, 1246714500779.png) [iqdb]
16760
>>16756
>do it

Working on it, though I'm not sure what to put in.

BTW, Happy Independence Day, guys.
>> No. 16762
>>16760

hooray!
>> No. 16763
[x] White

>>16758
Next, we'll need an in-depth story of how the captain came about his premature ejaculation. Something along the lines of a grenade blowing up right where he was taking a shit.
>> No. 16764
[x] White
>> No. 16765
File 12468235386.png - (74.91KB, 1083x781, cc53a534670295601ffa8cad4ec3a2b2.png) [iqdb]
16765
>>16763
I don't want to imagine going through this.

Update is on hold. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday, while I work on the stats and achievements we have gained. Have a Nitori riding a robotic combat crab.
>> No. 16766
>>16765

Oh shi-- METAL GEAR CRAB!
Sanaek, get your ass back here! Crab Battle!
>> No. 16768
Writing update (or rather, opening post of Day Four) as we speak, though I can't guarantee to have it done in seven minutes.
>> No. 16770
File 124722148536.jpg - (128.14KB, 600x848, shoties.jpg) [iqdb]
16770
Day Three Overview:
Yuri Ivanov, a soldier in the Soviet Army with the rank Captain, had lost his amulet to the black-white witch named Marisa Kirisame and initiated a night mission to retrieve the precious treasure. For the mission to be a triumph he had assembled the best combatants the Eientei could offer and headed to Marisa’s hideout in the Forest of Magic. After an intense battle that also involved Marisa’s puppeteer fellow Alice Margatroid Ivanov successfully reclaimed the amulet, promising his comrades a victory celebration.

What he did not realize was that his action had gained the attention of unwanted parties…

[STATUS]
Name: Yuri Ivanov
Rank: Captain
Unit: Third Guards Rifle Division
Allegiance: Soviet Union

Health: 95%
Magic: not applicable
Stamina: 80%

Skills:
+ Basic Machinery I
+ Firearms II
+ Urban Warfare II
+ Sniping II
+ Hand-to-Hand Combat II
+ Basic Outback Cooking I

Inventory:
+ One scoped Mosin-Nagant. Bruises on its butt-stock reminds you of past, violent melees.
+ One PPSh-41 with 71-round drum magazine attached.
+ A water bottle.
+ A pair of boots.
+ Clean clothes.
+ Pilotka hat.
+ Lucky charm carved from a Bf109’s 30mm shell.
+ A photograph of your regiment.
+ A bayonet.
+ A small diary.

Achievements:
+ Basic Danmaku I
+ Basic Leadership I

I'm not sure if I got these right, but eh.

// loading… //

[ ] White.

The crossfire is intense. You find yourself ducking a lot to avoid stray bullets, struggling to get into firing position. Around you, your comrades are taking cover as well, yelling at each other for suppressive fire and extra magazines, tossing grenades at the Germans to keep them at bay. Your division is given the order to defend the position until reinforcements arrive, and everyone is trying their best to buy them some time. The situation is tough for each and every one of the defenders, and-

Wait.

What on earth are you doing back here in Russian wilderness? You are supposed to be sleeping back in Eientei, taking pleasure in the unperturbed night after putting your life at stake just to retrieve your prized amulet. You are supposed to enjoy the sleep your body desperately needs after engaging the black-white witch.

To heck with that. You have an outpost to defend, and you don’t give it a shit either. You whip out your PPSh-41 and spray leads at the Germans, standing up in the middle of the crossfire as you do. You must have done something to startle the Germans because you can see them ceasing fire and retreating a few metres from their position. You seize the opportunity and run after the Germans, screaming battle cry that serves to boost the rest of the defenders’ morale.

“For the Motherland!!”

You lead the defenders, rushing the Germans who start panicking and running for cover. You pounce at one of the Germans and scream bloodlust as you riddle the soldier’s body with the 7.62x25mm bullets. You turn your attention to the nearby Germans and empty the entire drum magazine in one continuous spray, laughing maniacally as if they are mere scumbags in your eyes. You discard the empty submachine gun and whip out your bayonet, chasing after a Heer officer and tackling him to the ground before you deliver a finishing blow onto his neck.

“Watch out! Grenade!”

You see a stick grenade tossed at your position. You catch the grenade and throw it back at the German soldier, forcing them to abandon the boulder they use for cover. You take the downed officer’s MP40 and empty all its loads at the soldiers, laughing as they fall to the ground one by one. You don’t stop there and chase after the rest of the Germans, throwing whatever your hand can reach at them.

“Take no prisoners, comrade!!”

The Germans are slowly driven away from the outpost and despite your Commissar’s advice to stay back since the enemy is now retreating, you continue the rush. You don’t care of anything, and you don’t care of everything. You are intoxicated by the prospect of wiping out every Nazi invader you come across and you don’t give a damn on whatever your comrades are saying about your action. All that matters to you is that none of the dreaded enemy shall be spared of their life; the sentiment is soon shared by your comrades as they too join the cause.

“UURRRRAAA!!!”

The carnage ends a few minutes later. The battlefield is now a landscape of ruins, with armoured vehicles engulfed in flame and bodies scattered around the ground. You and your comrades are scavenging the battlefield for any trophy that is worth the skirmish; you, too, have retrieved a medal of distinction from a downed Waffen senior trooper along with his Gewehr 43, the German derivative of the SVT-40. This is almost too surreal, you tell yourself. Your division, poorly equipped, outgunned and outnumbered by the superior Germans, have actually driven them away from the defence line. This is the clash of David and Goliath in its own right. Your mind tries finding logical answer to this scenario even as your comrades are praising you for your act of bravery.

You disregard that. “This calls in for victory party!!” you declare. Your comrades, including the Commissar, howl victoriously and toss their fists skyward.

The celebration doesn’t last forever. To your appalled horror, your comrades rot away from your vision and are replaced by creatures, daytime and nocturnal alike. At the same time, the battleground transforms into bamboo forest; you’re back in Gensokyo, but why is the bamboo forest on fire? The rabbit and the fairies leave you behind to escape the wildfire; you do the same only to find yourself trapped in the inferno. You turn around but everywhere you go the path seems to be blocked by the raging element.

“DIE KAGUYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!”

You look up. Amidst smoke that rise up into the night sky and partially obscure the waxing moon you can see two figures crashing onto one another, zigzagging across the blackness; energy trails can be seen following their path. Those are Kaguya and Mokou, but what are doing up there? And why is Mokou screaming Kaguya’s name as if she loathes the owner of the name?

You feel someone clinging on your leg. You look down; it’s Tatyana and she’s hiding behind you, terrified by the collision of power overhead. “I’m scared…” It’s the only thing your ear can catch, and you can only hear her voice as Mokou’s enraged cries intensify. Around you, residents of Eientei and the Human Village are struggling to keep the fire under control but they don’t notice your presence; it is as if you don’t belong to the scene. Your mind is too convoluted; what in the name of Motherland are you witnessing?

One of the fireballs Mokou shoots at Kaguya misses, heading straight at your position. Instinct kicks in and you turn around to shield the terrified Tatyana from the stray projectile. The fireball strikes, and at once it sets you on fire. You try to endure the pain, holding Tatyana as close as you can to keep her from more stray fireballs. Eventually it’s too dangerous for Tatyana to stay and you order her to leave in spite of her protest; dejectedly she leaves, promising to come back with more help.

Another fireball hits you. This time it burns through your skin, flesh and bone, turning everything it touches into ashes. This isn’t the kind of pain you’re expected to feel from the burning; it’s almost as if you’re burned by something unrealistically celestial. You can’t think of anything as you feel your brain melting due to the intense heat.

Your vision whites out…
>> No. 16771
File 124722198227.jpg - (187.18KB, 471x1000, 1203758003354.jpg) [iqdb]
16771
// part 2 //

You open your eyes. You find yourself back in the familiar darkness. The flame is no longer there, and neither is the pain it inflicts. You look at yourself and see no damage whatsoever. It seems to you that it was a dream, although it was too much of an experience.

“Ufufufufu~”

It’s her again. You stay silent as the owner of the voice materializes herself out of the darkness. “Quite a nasty dream you’ve had, hmm? Getting burned to crisp by the immortal flame must have hurt,” Yukari speaks.

“Tell me about it,” you reply, not wanting to question the purpose of her visit.

Yukari giggles and hides her face behind the fan. “Umm… why should I do that when you can ask the culprit herself?” She inserts her hand in a gap and pulls what appears to be a piece of white cloth. “And I am surprised you decide not to go ‘why are you here, Miss Yukari?’ like you have done the last time.”

She throws the cloth at you and you catch it firmly in your hand. “What is this?” you question.

The blonde woman chuckles. “Perhaps you don’t know anything about colour symbolism,” she points. “White symbolizes death in Japanese culture, in case you haven’t realized. Why don’t you acquire more information about it from the history teacher?”

“The symbolization of death? Hold on! Are you saying that I should be prepared to die?” She must have found the answer amusing because she laughs out loud. “I’m serious here! Answer my question, damn it.”

“Alright, alright; sorry for laughing at you,” Yukari apologizes as she calms down. She flaps the fan, diligently repositioning herself on the gap she’s sitting. “I never said anything about preparing to meet your Creator, am I? But then again, they must have taught you to sacrifice your life for your Motherland should the need arises. Right, little soldier?

She is really up to something, this Yukari.

Yukari frowns when she stares at your face. “You’re so like the miko-chan; always dense and grumpy. Why don’t you take it easy and enjoy this conversation?” she teases.

“I never find anything alright when it comes to you,” you answer.

She sighs. You must have disappointed her judging from her reaction. “Anyway.” She closes the fan and taps it lightly on her palm. “I believe I should be going to sleep; my schedule has been off by half an hour no thanks to you.” She giggles afterwards, as if she has remembered something. “I heard that you’re going to have victory party. I’m curious to see how a Soviet soldier celebrates his triumph over his enemy.”

“I take it that you want to be invited.”

Again she laughs, infuriating you even more at her antics. “Ah-ha! You’ve got me right there, little soldier! I like that.” She jumps off the gap, which reappears next to her and she walks into it. “Oh, yes. Before I forget.”

“What is it?”

“Your actions have stirred interests from some unwanted parties,” Yukari answered, making apostrophe symbols with her fingers. “You better keep your guard up; who knows what these people have in mind.” She smiles and waves at you as she’s fully inside the gap. “I’ll see you at the party, little soldier, and I mean it. Until we meet again~”
-
-
You wake up with a headache. You swear to yourself you will die out of frustration if Yukari ever appears in your dream again. Moreover, you can’t help questioning the vision you’ve had in the dream: burning bamboo forest, Mokou and Kaguya fighting, getting burned by the ‘immortal flame’. What was its message? What it tried to point you at?

Urgh. Your head pulses. That must have been a bad dream you’ve had, if not worse than those that frequently visited your mind throughout the war. You really need to get used to this, somehow.

[ ] lie down for a few more minutes.
[ ] go take your bath. It’s the best way to sooth you mind, isn’t it?
[ ] go to the kitchen and have something to eat.
>> No. 16772
[x] go take your bath. It’s the best way to sooth you mind, isn’t it?
>> No. 16773
[x] go take your bath. It’s the best way to sooth you mind, isn’t it?
>> No. 16774
[x] go to the kitchen and have something to eat.

FUCK.
>> No. 16775
[ze] Go take a bath. It’s the best way to soothe your mind, isn’t it?
>> No. 16776
[O] go to the kitchen and have something to eat.
>> No. 16802
File 124744943923.jpg - (107.28KB, 850x802, sample-df6ae0655565d6514f6ebe852e55f972.jpg) [iqdb]
16802
No updates for today; going out to pay up my Internet bill and have my advertisement published in local newspaper. I'll resume the writing in a couple of days, assuming I don't get distracted.
>> No. 16836
File 124770633370.jpg - (134.33KB, 921x1192, 1172329980529.jpg) [iqdb]
16836
[x] go take your bath. It’s the best way to sooth you mind, isn’t it?

You sigh. At any rate, you need to get away from the problem. A bath should be the most logical solution, and it certainly helps to let the warm water sooth your mind. You also notice the dawn has just shown up. It’s still early in the morning, and you don’t remember how long you have slept last night, but that will prevent you from commencing your day. With that decided you perform stretch-ups before getting off the floor. Hearing your joints crackling does help in refreshing your sore body, if only for a little bit. You stand on your feet and stretch some more, groaning in pleasure as you feel your blood circulating through your veins properly.

“Alright, then.”

You leave the room and stumble across Marie who is carrying basketful of dirty clothes. “Good morning, Mister Ivanov,” she greets. “What a surprise to see you waking up this early.”

“Yeah, couldn’t sleep properly last night,” you answer. “Even if could, I doubt I’m going to waste my time chasing butterflies across sunflower field.”

Marie giggles. “I see that you aren’t in the best of mood. May I know what happened?”

You decide not to tell her the dream you’ve had. As if she can interpret someone’s dream or understand the significance of it. “Nothing. Just had a bad sleeping posture, that’s all.”

“Bad posture? In that case I should inform Miss Eirin,” she says. “She knows acupuncture, so that might help.”

“No… please don’t.” Marie cocks her head aside, confused by the decline. You really don’t want to complicate things further if Eirin’s involved. “You don’t have to burden her. I think I’ll take a bath to relieve myself.”

“Oh, alright then. I thought I could at least do you a favour.” She looks dejected. Even her rabbit ears droop so low. Oh, no, strange zaichata, you aren’t letting this happen.

“Right. I… might have some breakfast after that. Can you prepare me some?”

Her smile widens. This swing of mood surprises you sometime and you can’t help raising an eyebrow over it. “Of course! Anything I’ll do for you. What would you like to have?”

“Let’s see…” You almost want to joke about having rabbits for breakfast, but you realize it will only ruin the mood, so you opt to have something as simple as it is. “Pancake and… lemon tea sound feasible.”

“Alright, then! Let me take care of these clothes, first. Enjoy your bath, Mister Ivanov.” She bows slightly and leaves. You lean against the wall and heave in a deep sigh of relief; that was really a close call. If you did tell her the dream, she would be freaked out and tell everyone about it. You realize it was just a dream, but what if it really wasn’t?

You shrug and wrap the shoulder across your shoulders. What you need right now is an actual bath, the kind you’d expect in Western civilization where you can have space for privacy without having to worry of sharing with the tenants. Although from the look of the mansion, you doubt you can find yourself a Westernized bathroom.

Oh, wait. You almost forget the guest bathroom. Mariel told you it has been renovated. All you have to do is to find it yourself.

Right?

[ ] Trust your pathfinder skill.
[ ] Call for Marie.
>> No. 16837
>You shrug and wrap the shoulder across your shoulders.
> the shoulder

*RAGE* Should've been the towel.

Anyway, regarding the vote, trusting our pathfinder skill will lead to meeting with other casts (and possibly more interaction) while calling for Marie will allow us to finish our bathroom business and have breakfast early.
>> No. 16838
[ ] Trust your pathfinder skill.
>> No. 16839
[ze~chata] Trust your pathfinder skill.
>> No. 16840
[†] Trust your pathfinder skill.
>> No. 16843
[O] Trust your pathfinder skill.
>> No. 16852
File 12478773636.jpg - (372.81KB, 1700x1150, 01ab914c5b8a90ff055ef2b0e65673d0.jpg) [iqdb]
16852
I'm going out to the city today (and maybe tomorrow) since there's a work expo being held at the city hall. Chances are I won't be able to do some updates this weekend (but hopefully I'll finally get myself a decent job).

Have an awesome-looking Okuu.
>> No. 16868
File 124796963498.jpg - (81.50KB, 1075x504, floorplan.jpg) [iqdb]
16868
[ ] Trust your pathfinder skill.

Your pathfinder skill.

You almost forget on how invaluable the skill is right now. You have lost the counts of how many times it had saved your ass in the past whenever you got lost in the Siberian forest, and you’re well aware of how it had helped you a lot in tracking down the enemy throughout the campaign. So if it works in the Soviet battlefield, then why not applying the skill here?

Wrapping the already-slipping towel around your shoulders, you walk down the alley, memorizing the floor plan and locations of each room, implanting the information deep inside your internal map. It appears to you that the mansion is strangely quiet in this hour, with the lack of rabbits in sight (safe for Marie who you think is a morning person), and you find the silence rather disturbing at worst. Kaguya is nowhere to be seen, too, and neither are Reisen and Tewi; you assume they’re still sleeping, tired from previous night’s mission and enjoying their lucid dream of enjoying the spoils of war. You better not start thinking of Eirin’s morning chores, though; God knows what she’d do in times like this.

Right; save from Reisen’s room, which is about ten paces away from yours and is easily identified by the no-entry sign (it’s still there?), none of the tenants’ room is anywhere to be seen (at least in this particular section of this mansion). You’re almost tempted to storm in the useless bunny’s room and get her butt kicked again like the last time, but it isn’t the time yet. Self-hygiene first, strange zaichata.

You arrive at a crossroads. You are presented with three directions to choose.

[ ] Left.
[ ] Right.
[ ] Straight ahead.

-------------

This should do for now, so unless I get back from the work expo early today I'll continue with the update next week. That is, if I'm not called by the company I had gone to the walk-in interview yesterday to start working with them.

Picture posted for its relevance to Ivanov's current situation.
>> No. 16869
[O] Left.
>> No. 16870
[x] Left.

sure
>> No. 16880
[x] Left.
>> No. 16888
[X] Left

As for your question of what rifle Reisen is holding way back in >>14457 , it looks to be a Japanese WWII Arisaka, Type 38, chambered in 6.5x50SR. Holds 5 rounds.

Also, in the inventory list, you should tell if the weapon is danmaku refit or not danmaku refit.

One more thing, does this mean we don't have to reload our PPSh anymore?
>> No. 16890
[ze] Right.

>>16868
Damn. You lucked out on finding that picture. What doujin is it from?
>> No. 16891
>>16888

I thought it was a 99, but yeah, it's a little too long to be one. I don't see the box magazine, and the attached scope should get in the way of the bolt, so I'd assume it's a refit.
>> No. 16896
File 124809999620.jpg - (140.39KB, 850x595, sample-b8632a74d2d60b7731e59db36af3c4a1.jpg) [iqdb]
16896
>>16888
>it looks to be a Japanese WWII Arisaka, Type 38, chambered in 6.5x50SR. Holds 5 rounds.

That took a long time to answer, but thanks for the info.

>Also, in the inventory list, you should tell if the weapon is danmaku refit or not danmaku refit.
>One more thing, does this mean we don't have to reload our PPSh anymore?

I forgot about this when I did the list. I'll amend it in my next post.


>>16890
[demour402] A Better Tomorrow
Kaguya x Mokou, but with lots of casts involved.

So the vote has been decided. Writing now.
>> No. 16897
File 124811179825.jpg - (154.60KB, 850x600, sample-d6b4dec7c3562a8dc9431143d10fec41.jpg) [iqdb]
16897
[ ] Left.

You look around. There is no one in line of sight. The path of the right leads you to the front door and subsequently the courtyard, which isn’t where you’re headed to. Looking straight ahead the path seems to lead to a dead end and you aren’t intending to go there either.

That leaves you with one option viable.

You turn to the left. Again, no one is sighted. This silence is becoming very disturbing. So disturbing it resembles more of one of the Stalingrad’s sniper alleys. You have to do something about it.

[ ] Tactical Espionage Action. Tread the route carefully. Watch the corners for ambush.
[ ] You are soldier of the Red Army, for Pete’s sake! Announce your presence to the tenants. Loudly.

Feel free to do write-ins if it’s necessary. I can barely believe this is the shortest update I’ve written. Also:

Inventory revised:
+ One scoped Mosin-Nagant. Bruises on its butt-stock reminds you of past, violent melees. Danmaku refit. Manual reloading still applies.
+ One PPSh-41 with 71-round drum magazine attached. Danmaku refit. Unlimited ammunition, but weapon may overheat in prolonged shooting.

I see if I can come up with detailed explanation on how danmaku refit affects the weapons’ mechanism in my next update (assuming I have time to do update since I’ll start working tomorrow).

Picture unrelated.
>> No. 16898
[x] Tactical Espionage Action. Tread the route carefully. Watch the corners for ambush.
>> No. 16899
>>16896
>[demour402] A Better Tomorrow

Out of all Touhou parodies I find myself hard pressed to find one more awesome than this John Woo crossover.

[x] You are soldier of the Red Army, for Pete’s sake! Announce your presence to the tenants. Loudly.
-[x] If you get no answer, sweep room by room. --[x] If the occupants are armed and haven't answered your summons, but rather relax their aim at you, they're likely in hiding from some unknown enemy, in which case you should reassure them and lead them out--power in numbers.
--[x] If they do take aim and fire at you, they're adverse combatants, likely waiting in ambush. Take cover by the door frame, then use then use the PPSh-41 to quickly sweep the room with danmaku. If they take cover themselves, advancing fire from the hip will keep them pinned; walk over around their cover amd disarm them with a disabling kick.
-[x] Don't spend too much time checking out empty rooms. The real threat could tromping down the hallways looking for you, and it wouldn't do to be trapped in a side room.
>> No. 16901
File 124811857235.jpg - (112.39KB, 660x550, mg42wwwww.jpg) [iqdb]
16901
>>16899
I can already see this happening.

Keep up the votes, people. I will have to call it a day and hit the sack since I don't really want to screw up at the workplace. But then again, what to expect from every new employee?

Have an MG42-wielding maid for all the troubles.
>> No. 16902
[x] You are soldier of the Red Army, for Pete’s sake! Announce your presence to the tenants. Loudly.
-[x] If you get no answer, sweep room by room. --[x] If the occupants are armed and haven't answered your summons, but rather relax their aim at you, they're likely in hiding from some unknown enemy, in which case you should reassure them and lead them out--power in numbers.
--[x] If they do take aim and fire at you, they're adverse combatants, likely waiting in ambush. Take cover by the door frame, then use then use the PPSh-41 to quickly sweep the room with danmaku. If they take cover themselves, advancing fire from the hip will keep them pinned; walk over around their cover amd disarm them with a disabling kick.
-[x] Don't spend too much time checking out empty rooms. The real threat could tromping down the hallways looking for you, and it wouldn't do to be trapped in a side room.
>> No. 16907
[O] You are soldier of the Red Army, for Pete’s sake! Announce your presence to the tenants. Loudly.
-{O} If you get no answer, sweep room by room.
--(O) If the occupants are armed and haven't answered your summons, but rather relax their aim at you, they're likely in hiding from some unknown enemy, in which case you should reassure them and lead them out--power in numbers.
--(O) If they do take aim and fire at you, they're adverse combatants, likely waiting in ambush. Take cover by the door frame, then use then use the PPSh-41 to quickly sweep the room with danmaku. If they take cover themselves, advancing fire from the hip will keep them pinned; walk over around their cover amd disarm them with a disabling kick.
-{O} Don't spend too much time checking out empty rooms. The real threat could tromping down the hallways looking for you, and it wouldn't do to be trapped in a side room.
>> No. 16915
[ze] >>16899

>>16901
Congrats on getting hired, man!
>> No. 16917
File 124822499579.jpg - (80.33KB, 516x600, dualuyoumu.jpg) [iqdb]
16917
I see some potential for a great wall of text after reading the write-ins, and I'm working on it right now. Expect to see the wall erected by the end of this week.

Have a Youmu.
>> No. 16952
File 124838909286.jpg - (64.04KB, 600x800, 1238203170309.jpg) [iqdb]
16952
Just want to inform everyone that I'll be going out for work today, and I can't guarantee myself to have free time this weekend. Work is still in progress, so please wait patiently.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
>> No. 16977
File 124864494152.png - (734.21KB, 678x800, e64001a288a4ce32ff3512b014b49cc9.png) [iqdb]
16977
pi[[ ] You are soldier of the Red Army, for Pete’s sake! Announce your presence to the tenants. Loudly.[/i]
- [ ] If you get no answer, sweep room by room.
-- [ ] If the occupants are armed and haven’t answered your summons, but rather relax their aim at you, they’re likely in hiding from some unknown enemy, in which you should reassure them and led them out-power in numbers.
-- [ ] If they do take aim and fire at you, they’re adverse combatants, likely waiting in ambush. Take cover by the door frame; then use the PPSh-41 to quickly sweep the room with danmaku. If they cover themselves, advancing fire from the hip will keep them pinned; walk over their cover and disarm them with a disabling kick.
- [ ] Don’t spend too much time checking out empty rooms. The real threat could be tromping down the hallways looking for you, and it wouldn’t do to be trapped inside a room.

You are soldier of the Red Army, for Pete’s sake! Who the hell you think you are? You can’t stand this silence, and you’re going to put it down. Right now. If the tenants are demanding you to declare your presence out loud, you shall have their wish granted.

You ease your standing posture. You inhale. You exhale. You inhale again. You close your eyes.

You begin.

“ARISE, COMRADES! THE MOTHERLAND DESIRES FOR YOUR UNFALTERING STRENGTH TO DEFEND HER BELOVED CHILDREN! AWAKE AND STAND AMONGST YOUR BRETHREN AS AN EQUAL!”

Your voice travels through the alley, a sonic boom that is more than enough to knock bystanders and scare less-than-fortunate critters. You swear you can hear trampling noise from behind the sliding doors, but it’s just you imagining things.

There is, sadly, no response to the call. You’ll have to continue.

“OPEN YOR EYES, COMRADES! THIS ISN’T THE TIME TO FROLICK WITH ANGELS OF YOUR DREAM! COME AND JOIN YOUR BROTHER-IN-ARM! TOGETHER WE CAN STRIVE FOR A BETTER FUTURE!”

No answer. Either the tenants are dead asleep, or are preparing an ambush. You chide; is this some kind of trial to test your close-quarter combat skill? Have they already planned this during your slumber? You don’t know, but you are going to find out.

Your hand reaches down to grab the PPsh-41; how did it get here? You inspect the weapon closer and notice an aperture sight attached on its iron sight slot. You are confused; you didn’t even remember carrying the sub-machinegun or having it modified the first time you acquired it. There are also unknown grenades strapped on your waist belt, which are not supposed to be there in the first place. How did this happen? Where did you acquire such equipments?

You shake your head. No time for useless argument, soldier. You load the PPSh-41 and begin exploring the mansion. Your first destination is the room you’re standing next to; cautiously you slide the door open, fingers ready to pull the trigger at the slightest sight of threat. You peek into the room through the slit and cannot help chortling at the sight of rabbit ears sticking out of a makeshift cover. You open the door wider and step in-

“Open fire!!”

The combatants fire their weapons at you, forcing you to take cover behind the door frame. You peek from behind the wall to see them holding various types of weapon, some of which have never been seen in your life before. They duck behind the table, even employing blind fire to further keep you at bay, yet despite their enthusiasm to ‘eliminate’ you the shooting is sporadic, and their aim is poorly off their intended target.

The firing stops a few seconds later, and there’s a window of opportunity lying before you. You open fire, easing the finger pull on the trigger to prevent the gun from getting jammed. You advance further inward, firing from the hips to cover the entire room and you manage to approach them from the side.

“Gotcha.”

The rabbits are surprised at the flanking manoeuvre, and before they can do anything you toss one of the grenades. It detonates, stunning the combatants, and you immediately disarm them with a disabling kick that sends them crashing into the wall. Now you aren’t sure of what to do with them but judging from the look on their face (what’s up with the swirls and the X’s?) you shouldn’t worry about them too much.

You head to the next room. It’s empty, but you don’t lower your guard just yet. With the current situation you don’t have the amount of time needed to check it, or any empty room for that matter. The real threat could be walking down the hallways looking for you, and you are in for critical situation if you find yourself trapped inside a room.

You don’t see anyone or any makeshift structure inside the room and proceed to the next. The alley is, surprisingly, vacant; you’d expect someone or something to be seen since the shootout would have attracted a lot of attention.

Yes. A fucking lot of attention.

Because you are now facing a squad of fully geared up earth rabbits that seemingly appear from nowhere.

And they are marching towards you.

“Oh, what the bloody hell?”

[ ] Rush them.
[ ] Take cover.
>> No. 16981
[X] AHHHHHHHH MOTHERLAND
[X] Rush them!
>> No. 16983
[X] Take cover.
>> No. 16989
[x] Take cover.

Caught playing in the hallway.
>> No. 16990
[x] Take cover.
>> No. 17000
[X] AHHHHHHHH MOTHERLAND
[X] Rush them!
>> No. 17001
I like both.

[x] Take cover--by shielding yourself with one of the unconscious rabbits; hold her under the left arm and use the barrel of your PPSh-41 to support her under the right.
[x] Rush them.
>> No. 17007
File 124880544344.jpg - (333.68KB, 715x1000, c51224f1770efdc623cc6bf34889bcdc.jpg) [iqdb]
17007
>>17001
>by shielding yourself with one of the unconscious rabbits

I am now imagining the captain assigned to curb rioting rabbits. Manually.

Seems to me that both votes are winning, so I guess I'll wait until we reach a conclusion, or Anonymous comes up with creative write-ins, whichever comes first. In both cases I may post the update in new thread whenever possible.

Picture posted since I'm curious about this doujin.
>> No. 17008
[x] Take cover.
>> No. 17050
>>17007

Looks like another Chado work.
Also, you are noticing Reisen's ears.
>> No. 17054
>>17050
Thanks.

Update is almost ready. Seven minutes.
>> No. 17055
File 124892855788.jpg - (779.77KB, 1377x912, 1206418855268.jpg) [iqdb]
17055
[x] Take cover -- by shielding yourself with one of the unconscious rabbits.
[x] Rush them.

Crap. You are in for trouble if you charge at them head-on considering the numerical advantage the rabbits are having, and you’re already this far. There’s no turning back, and surrendering to them isn’t an option. If only you have a shield to help you getting through the barricade and advancing.

A shield.

Of course!

Using a shield or anything similar would be very useful to aid you. Obviously you can’t detach the sliding the door and walk behind it while approaching the rabbits, so you need something portable but still have the capability to absorb or at least deflect the attack. Where on earth can you find one?

You look back at the room you had cleared earlier. You glance at the downed rabbits. A sudden moment of inspiration hits your head hard, almost as hard as the mighty Soviet artilleries pounding on the retreating Germans after liberating Stalingrad from the wretched hands of the fascist. Indeed! Why haven’t you thought of it earlier?

You toss another grenade at the mass, using the chance from the smoke it generates to fall back to the room. You have to be quick before the smoke dissipates, or you’ll be cornered inside the room with no way out.

“Forgive me, comrade,” you speak as you grab one of the rabbits by the ears. “But this is for the Motherland! Your sacrifice will not be in vain!”

The smoke disappears. The rabbits, having regained their sense after getting distracted, rush into the room, imitating the same battle cry you did during the raid on the black-white witch’s house. Shit, you don’t have the time for elaborate tactics, so you hold the rabbit under the left arm and use the barrel of your PPSh-41 to support her weight under the right. You must have done something because the rabbits are hesitant to fire their weapons at you without risking their fellow.

Like you care of that.

“Eat this.”

You pull the trigger. The submachine gun spews hundreds of danmaku at the rabbits, knocking most of them out of action and forcing the rest to take cover behind the door frame. You rush the hiding rabbits, using the bunny shield to protect yourself from the danmaku fired at you and throwing a stun grenade to further render them immobile.

You turn around and see another wave of rabbits coming at your position. You toss another stun grenade and rush the immobilized combatants, shooting them one after another with the danmaku-refit weapon. You don’t feel any decrease of weight from the round drum magazine despite the extended firing; it’s as if your weapon has been gifted with unlimited ammunition feature, which is practically non-existent in your place.

You don’t give it a damn.

You have a mission to accomplish, and you aren’t going to let mere rabbits stand in your way. So you shout the loudest battle cry you can muster, pull the trigger further back and let it rip, shooting at every target you can pick up until there is none left. Even after eliminating the threat you still hold your guard up; who knows when the rest of the occupants strike back in a fit of revenge for their fallen comrades?

[ ] Proceed with caution. There are probably more of them waiting to ambush you at the corner.
[ ] Area secured. No enemy in sight. You can safely proceed with your mission.

-------------

Next update will be posted in new thread, seeing that we've almost reached the end of this thread.
>> No. 17056
>>17007
>>17050

This is not Chado. Artist is tagged "fumei" in Danbooru.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=5352980

If the tags are to be believed, this doujin should be out come C76.
>> No. 17061
[x] Area secured. No enemy in sight. You can safely proceed with your mission.

Move quickly, before reinforcements arrive.
>> No. 17063
[O] Proceed with caution. There are probably more of them waiting to ambush you at the corner.
>> No. 17091
[X] Proceed with caution. There are probably more of them waiting to ambush you at the corner.

if the shooting didn't ALART all forces in the area, the battlecries would have.
>> No. 17098
[X] Proceed with caution. There are probably more of them waiting to ambush you at the corner.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x