- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 15805)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 124127984691.jpg - (308.83KB, 640x960, useful bunny - when with guns.jpg) [iqdb]
15805 No. 15805
[x] Ranged

“Oh? That's an interesting choice.” Eirin butts into the conversation. “I'm afraid that Udonge here won't be much help without having access to automatic projectile-throwers. I do believe she was more looking forward to engaging some sort of close-proximity nonsense.”

Reisen nods at Eirin's words with some reservation, and adds, “I'm sure I can help him along somewhat.” It seems like she really was feeling a bit disappointed, you could detect a loss of drive behind her words.
“I trust that you can. Run the basic drills. I'll deal with the more sophisticated aspects of this most elegant choice.” Eirin smiles at you for a moment, and then winks. It makes you feel strange, seeing her so excitable. “Do teach him how to deal with the other things for now, when he's ready bring him to me.”
“Very well.” Reisen signals you to follow her. Eirin waved her fingers slightly, telling you that she'd see you again soon. At this point, you were expecting the intensity of this crash drill to die down a bit. You were sorely mistaken in expecting any form of respite.

Reisen was tougher than before, telling you to do all sorts of silly exercises. Flexing this and that muscle, she worked you like a madman trying to prove a point. It wasn't hard to connect the dots, really. Keeping your mouth shut, you just did as you were told. It seemed that the merest mention of Eirin or what was coming up later made her dish out more exercises.

You took deep breaths. It was the only way to cope.

The interesting part began when she moved on from raw exercise to something more refined. “See that over there?” She pointed to the far wall of the compound – you nodded. “With the weapons you want to train with, that's your minimum range, any closer, and they become a liability.”
“I don't mind. I think I can deal with that.”
“So we'll see.” She looks amused at you. It hadn't occurred to you to think about Reisen's attitude until then. She wasn't mercilessly tough on you, as if punishing you for past shortcomings. Nor was she lenient, making it seem like she might have your welfare and capacity to deal with potential threats as her primary intent. Then again, you half-felt that this was really Eirin's show through and through. It might just be that she didn't want to disappoint her. Well, whatever it was, at the very least this made you feel secure, knowing that you weren't completely out of shape.

That is, until you really started getting out of breath. Reisen made you lift some stones and hurl them. Not only that, but you were expected to hit targets. This was crude, as she explained, but it was to make you endure the great responsibility of using ranged weapons. She held a baton in one had, and looked at you with what was a frightfully pleasurable smile on her face. You knew what was to come. “Now that you've gotten a bit of a feel for that, I want you to dodge this. Being light on your feet is important if you trust yourself to a ranged weapon.”

She swung with little warning. You barely dodged the first swing, feeling a gush of air whiz past your left ear. Your whole body felt like lead; your muscles were tired and your reflexes lacking. Reisen's second swing connected, hitting you below the knee. It wasn't very painful, but in your debilitated state, it almost took you down. “Don't go down just yet – this is for your own good.” Saying some nonsense like that Eirin had told her to be strict, she continued to swing at you. She hit more often than not, beating you into quiet submission. “Don't worry about today, no one can be good in just one day. Take a twenty minute break, after that, we'll move on.”
“Sure, that's fine.” You groan from the floor, feeling like a well-tenderized steak.
“I hope I didn't hurt you too bad.” She displayed her usual concern upon looking at your collapsed form. “I'll go grab a first aid kit... I'm sorry, but it seems that I got a little too into training.”
“It's okay... I'll live.” The offer was nice, but nothing seemed broken or out of place, just really sore. Plus, you had (sort of) expected this to happen. You were just lucky that you got someone as restrained as Reisen. Heaven forbid if Tewi had taken up to training you.

Reisen looks at you for a moment before telling you that she'll come back in a few minutes. After getting over the initial shock, you figure out that you're more tired from hurling stones and dodging than the hits themselves. What in heaven's name is Eirin thinking? How could all of this possibly help you? You roll around and eventually gather enough willpower to sit up again. A stubborn sort of pride wells up from within you, you feel ready for whatever it is that comes next.

“How about a nice cup of tea?” Well, you weren't particularly ready for that. Reisen comes back with a tray holding a cup of tea. “You've been working a lot, so if you want, I can also bring you some water.”
“No thanks, this is fine.” The tea is a godsend. You are aware that it's a psychological thing, but it seems to wash your way your fatigue with every gulp. “This is really great.”
“Glad you enjoy it. When you're done with that, let's go see Eirin, she's waiting for you.”
“I'm moving on to her now?” You take another gulp, thinking that this is the best thing since sliced bread.
“Yes – she'll be dealing with the next portion. I'll clean up and see you some time after that.”
“I can help you if you want, it's not a problem since I'm already all dirty.” You take the final gulp of refreshing tea.
“No need to be concerned.” She takes the empty cup from your hands. She points behind her, where a small fluffy crowd awaits, “I've got plenty of help today.”
Expand all images
>> No. 15806
File 124127988790.jpg - (138.15KB, 700x700, ebss.jpg) [iqdb]
15806
Your destination this time is the small practice hall where Eirin took you last time. Reisen leaves you alone with Eirin. You can feel Eirin's enthusiasm from her beaming expression. You're not entirely sure if it's a good thing, but you decide to make the best of this scenario. “So I assume that you're going to instruct me on how to use the bow again?”
“That will be part of it, yes.” Eirin smiles. “But not all, the main thing here is dealing with projectiles. Using a bow is all fine and good, some might even say wonderful, but you need to be aware of how to deal with any sort of projectile.”
“In other words, I have to be able to hit things?”
“In essence. What I hope to impart here is a general feel for how to judge trajectory and distance.” She hands you a simple sling. “We'll start with this. The projectiles here are simple pebbles, not a lot of mass and not very damaging at long distances.” She runs through the basic motions on how to aim and launch a pebble. She demonstrates by hitting a target downrange. “Give it a try and see how you do.”

Feeling confident, you step up to launch the pebble. It's not very heavy, nor is the technique to launch them very complicated. You swing, visualize the trajectory and launch. Your first attempt falls a couple of meters short. You look at Eirin and try again. It's an almost identical repeat – you come short a bit. “I can't seem to hit it.”
“Quite alright.” Eirin doesn't seem to mind at all. “I wasn't expecting you to hit it. You've got a nice grasp of trajectory I think, but lack the ability to coordinate your body with the estimated distance. I can help with that.” She runs a crash course on estimation; She's precise and methodical, while maintaining a certain basic language and using terms that you can relate to. In short, she's a genius at explaining things. “...you have to pick up on the hints in the environment and then coordinate your body. If you keep these things in mind you'll eventually start doing things by second nature.”
“How long did it take you to learn all of this?”
“I'm still learning, that's life...” She shakes her head, aware of the lame attempt of humor, “not very long, truth be told, some people have an aptitude for certain things. I like to believe that you'll be the same, given that you've got motivation as well.”
“To be helpful to Kaguya, you mean?”
“No, not just that.” In that moment, it seemed that she knew you better than you knew yourself. It was unnerving, but she didn't comment further, instead focusing on the lesson, “Continue to practice, I'll correct any glaring mistakes.”

You graduated from slings to bows in no time with Eirin's assistance. You weren't sure how much was your actual skill, and how much was her impressive coaching, but you felt good about this. While you probably wouldn't stand a chance against an army by yourself, you might just be able to take down a lone opponent at a range now. With a bit of patience and a lot of luck.

“That's enough for now, I think you've got a solid hold on the concept. You must have picked up more the last time you were here than I expected.”
“I assume that's praise.” You feel cocky enough to fall back to the old flattering routine, “With a masterful and lovely teacher, like I had, anyone could become halfway decent.”
“I'm glad to see that you're confident. I was beginning to miss your charming disposition.” There's a sly grin on her face as she puts away the equipment. “If possible, I'd like you to practice more and try to hone your senses, but if you can't, at least try not to forget what you felt today. It's likely that those feelings will help you out more than you realize.” That's pretty close to an outright pat on the back. You're tired, but feeling good about yourself. “I'll tell Udonge to prepare a bath. After that we can move on to the next part.”
“There's more?”
“Indeed. But it'll be a stroll in the park compared to this. Well, that is if you've got grace.” She winked at you again, and you felt that you might be the brunt of some internal joke.

Eirin leaves, coming back a few minutes later to tell you that it'll be a while before the bath is ready. You can tell that she's enjoying being around you, but you can't figure out why. Sure, the archery had something to do with it probably, but it's not just that. Or maybe it is, she did seem to get happier and happier the more she taught you and corrected you. She started to hum softly, to your surprise.

In the time before the bath is ready;
[] Write-in
[] Wait silently
>> No. 15807
File 124128439419.jpg - (383.36KB, 1200x1500, 8c09c5e4b68a8c1a2537e142464c269a.jpg) [iqdb]
15807
Reisen ;_;

Dammit Teruyo, why do you do this to my heart strings.

[!/] Wait silently
>> No. 15808
[x] "You mentioned something earlier about 'automatic projectile throwers'? Considering I graduated from sling to bow, should I assume we'll be moving forward through history once I have the fundaments of each weapon down?"
[x] Check your PDA
>> No. 15809
File 124128628372.jpg - (96.44KB, 427x297, discontent.jpg) [iqdb]
15809
>>15807
Hey, if you voted for ranged combat you have no right to complain. I voted to go for unarmed combat! Having the moon-bunny knock us around while teaching us hand-to-hand moves would have been fun, I said! No sense in pigeonholing ourselves purely because of our namesake, I said! But noooooooooooooo! That wasn't GOOD enough for you, was it Anon?

Well, it's too late now, bucko. Enjoy dealing with your disappointed moon bunny, disheartened by not being able to try impress Shirou by showing off her combat prowess while enjoying a little close contact with him!

But oh well. A happy Eirin is fine too, as far as I care. Don't despair over what you don't have when you should grasp what you do!
Unless what you don't have is a certain bunny holding you to the ground while straddling you for far longer than should be needed to demonstrate whatever move she just did or her body being pressed against you while slowly showing you the various arm and leg locks you should know. Then, by all means despair. DESPAIR, DAMN YOU.
Ahem.

[X] Check PDA
[X] Have a pleasant chat with Eirin while you wait. Maybe about what comes next. Maybe about what to do if your target is too close and/or fast to hit. Or maybe just simple small talk.
>> No. 15810
[X] Have a pleasant chat with Eirin while you wait. Maybe about what comes next. Maybe about what to do if your target is too close and/or fast to hit. Or maybe just simple small talk.

Checking the PDA has become Shirou's OCD.
>> No. 15811
>>15809
>Hey, if you voted for ranged combat you have no right to complain.

Yeah, I mean who would expect a gun toting rabbit would be associated with ranged weaponry?
>> No. 15812
File 124128797534.png - (636.36KB, 1032x1112, 1239573002293.png) [iqdb]
15812
>>15809

Thought Reisen was gonna be ranged,so yeah!

Either way, Teruyo seems to write a disappointed bunny to often ;_;
>> No. 15813
File 124128819583.jpg - (109.82KB, 500x707, 1218146983451.jpg) [iqdb]
15813
>>15811
>>15812
Because we don't know anyone else who is just as well-known for specializing in ranged weaponry, do we? Certainly not anyone we may have even practiced with such weaponry with once already. Certainly not.
>> No. 15814
[X] Have a pleasant chat with Eirin while you wait. Maybe about what comes next. Maybe about what to do if your target is too close and/or fast to hit. Or maybe just simple small talk.

>Checking the PDA has become Shirou's OCD.

Not quite as nice as a pocket watch, but nice enough.
>> No. 15815
File 124128854959.jpg - (503.10KB, 934x900, 1241030931361.jpg) [iqdb]
15815
>>15813

Chill. But I am sure you forgot the Eirin manhandling she served during that festival.
>> No. 15816
[+] Have a pleasant chat with Eirin while you wait. Maybe about what comes next. Maybe about what to do if your target is too close and/or fast to hit. Or maybe just simple small talk.

Yes. Remember last time we tried to check the PDA around Eirin. We'll just opt out of it until later tonight.
>> No. 15817
>>the Eirin manhandling she served during that festival.

Who handled who with the what now?
>> No. 15818
[X] Have a pleasant chat with Eirin while you wait. Maybe about what comes next. Maybe about what to do if your target is too close and/or fast to hit. Or maybe just simple small talk.
>> No. 15819
>While you probably wouldn't stand a chance against an army by yourself

not yet, but soon enough.

[X] Have a pleasant chat with Eirin while you wait. Maybe about what comes next. Maybe about what to do if your target is too close and/or fast to hit. Or maybe just simple small talk.
>> No. 15820
>>15813

I agree, Reisen is a useless little bunny, only good for her sex-appeal.
>> No. 15822
>>15820
Bunnies are only good for breeding anyway.
>> No. 15823
File 124133444865.jpg - (75.33KB, 550x650, udon-i see what they did there.jpg) [iqdb]
15823
>>15816
That was because you kept checking it. I'm sure that if you ran into someone who kept obsessively checking a gadget while talking to you, you'd say something. Just checking something specific, quickly, is an almost instantaneous action.

>>15809
That's all well and good as far as hypotheticals go, but you're overlooking the possibilty that spurred on by the adrenaline rush and strong smell of sweat and pheromones, she finally snaps. Her movements get more aggressive, her instructions and demonstrations become more and more intimate until her skin starts chaffing up against yours. The friction, combined with her dedication, would leave the both of you out of breath and wanting more. Then things snowball from there, with Reisen insuring that you're fit enough and making sure that you'll only have eyes for her...

>>15822
Breedin' and eatin', good friend. Both of which Reisen is a prime candidate for. I'm sure most of you would eat her up...

Anyways, this is just a long-winded way of saying that I'm writing.
>> No. 15824
>>That's all well and good as far as hypotheticals go, but you're overlooking the possibilty that spurred on by the adrenaline rush and strong smell of sweat and pheromones, she finally snaps. Her movements get more aggressive, her instructions and demonstrations become more and more intimate until her skin starts chaffing up against yours. The friction, combined with her dedication, would leave the both of you out of breath and wanting more. Then things snowball from there, with Reisen insuring that you're fit enough and making sure that you'll only have eyes for her...

There is no part of that I don't like.
>> No. 15825
>>15824

How about the part where it never happened D: .
>> No. 15826
File 124133866851.jpg - (268.99KB, 429x1323, shereallyis.jpg) [iqdb]
15826
>>15825
So long as I can still hope for some NEET at the end of the day, I can live with that.
>> No. 15827
>>15823
I still cannot see how the route lock works out. You said something very different of how things are happening now. I am looking forward to how you will handle this all.

>I'm sure most of you would eat her up...

No. Kaguya, Eirin, Tewi, Reisen. In that order.
>> No. 15828
>>15826

Remember, there is no Mima Kaguya Route.
>> No. 15829
File 124136976553.png - (127.62KB, 500x500, esh.png) [iqdb]
15829
[X] Have a pleasant chat with Eirin while you wait. Maybe about what comes next. Maybe about what to do if your target is too close and/or fast to hit. Or maybe just simple small talk.

“Hey Eirin.”
“Hm?” She stops humming and looks at you, she's wearing a slightly goofing-looking smile. You haven't seen her like this before.
“What comes after this? I don't think after just one lesson and running around I'm exactly qualified as an expert marksman.”
“Indeed you're not.” She laughs. “It would be a surprise if you managed to fend off a slow-moving cow. That's not an insult by the way, it's just that I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to.”
“That's understandable.”
“Well, to answer your question... ideally you'd continue a regimen of exercise and training. And I would be there to guide you along through some of the key aspects of ranged weaponry. Or Udonge.”
“And the inevitable 'but' being?”
“The 'but' here is that it's not very to happen that way.” She smiles, but you can tell that she's being serious. “It's very likely that you won't even get another chance to practice. But well, understanding the concept can go a long way in helping you out of a bind. Better than not knowing anything at all.”
“What do you mean? What's going to happen.”
“Nothing definitive. It wouldn't do any good to gossip. All I'll say is that you should ask your dearest buddy for more details.” She shrugs, and crosses her arms. “If you don't hear it from her, then it's not important.”
“Okay.” Experience tells you that you're not going to get anything out of her that she doesn't want to tell you. Quite honestly, one of these days you're just going to jump her out of frustration. That will probably end very poorly, but you'll have at least tried. “Back to training it is... what should I do against a really fast opponent?. One that I can't hit. Or one that's too close?”
“Pray. Or alternatively run as fast as your legs can carry you.”
“...”
“Hey, don't look so glum, it was a joke.” She shakes her head. “If you react like, that it kills the mood.”
“...What is up with you anyways?” There. You asked what was on your mind. “I'm not sure what to think.”
“Who knows? I'm just trying to make the best out of the situation I'm in, with the resources available. There's hardly any need to be uptight about everything all the time. It's bad for my complexion anyways.” She sighs, switching to that instructor voice she used before; “It's always prudent to have a close-range backup, it can be any simple weapon. If you can't hit it at a distance you can either engage it at close range, if you're skilled enough, or buy some time with your close-range weapon to put some distance between you. This is more important when dealing with more primitive projectiles – launching energy is easy at any range.”
“Launching energy?”
“Don't worry about it – I don't think you need to concern yourself with that eventuality. For now, just focus on judging distances and getting your body to react with appropriate force.”

Reisen comes in, covered in dirt, to announce that the baths are ready. She leads you away while Eirin goes off in another direction. “This took a while to prepare; Eirin said that I should make it special.”
“What do you mean?” Eirin didn't say anything to you.
“It's just a blend of natural herbs and oils, it's there to help your body revitalize. I'm really envious of you, you know.” She jokes, “I've never taken a bath as fancy as that.”
“I guess I'm lucky then.” You were about to ask her if she might want to join, but then you remembered what happened last time you were in a bath with her. You wouldn't risk it even as a joke.
“I'll come by later with a change of clothes and leave it outside the door.” She informs you as you stop in front of the bathroom. “After you're done, come by the clinic, we'll be waiting.”

As soon as you open the door, you feel the difference. The scent hanging in the air is deliciously intoxicating – a perfumed smell that makes you feel relaxed just by smelling it. It fills your pores as you strip down, and you feel as pampered as you would at a health spa. The bathwater is the source of the scent, and it has a few delicate floating leafs scattered about the surface. You get ready and step into the relaxing tub. Calling it heavenly would be an understatement. It's probably the fatigue, but right now you'd be prepared to forgive Eirin for any trespasses against you. There isn't even any time to fantasize and play around, you're too busy melting away in a wave of pleasure.
>> No. 15830
File 124136988171.jpg - (28.02KB, 400x400, rwo.jpg) [iqdb]
15830
Only when you're almost a complete prune do you decide to get out. You come out a changed man, feeling that all of your energy and vitality has found its way back into you. This wasn't bad at all. You smile as you come out of the bath. It's only normal - once you realize that it was a nice thing for Eirin to arrange. You may never understand what's going on in her head, but you like to believe that it isn't always a confusion of ideas and topics. Yeah, like all people, she has a considerate and emotional side. It would be nice to get her to show that more often.

After getting dressed you go back to the clinic. Reisen is waiting by the door, looking as clean as you. She looks refreshed and her hair is still moist and clinging to her skin. “You took longer than I expected you would. It was that good, huh?”
“Pretty awesome. I really wish you could have been there. Uh, not that I'm implying anything...” You're not quite sure why, but you redden up.
“I get what you mean and it's alright.” Reisen nods warmly, looking more at ease around you than you'd seen for quite some time. Time certainly passes quickly. “Eirin is just putting on a few final touches, and she'll be out momentarily.”
“So what's it going to be this time? Distilling remedies?”
“Far from it.” She laughed. “It's a lesson on table manners.”

Somehow the idea of being taught how to eat was an uncomfortable one. It wasn't so much the handling of utensils and specialized equipment, but it was the fact that you had to conform to other people's standards. In this case, Eirin's standards. Reisen led you in, guiding you around the transformed room. Eirin stood by, with a new outfit and an ambiguous smile.

You wondered where on earth they got such a large and expensive-looking grand dinner table (and how they managed to get it inside of the clinic while clearing out Eirin's shelves and equipment was something worth thinking about as well). Neat rows of of bright cutlery and fine porcelain occupied two spots on the table.

“Is it really necessary for me to do this?” You ask, already knowing the answer. You edge in closer to the table, preparing for the inevitable.
“Oh yes, very much so.” You couldn't help but feel Eirin's tangible joy in her words. “For this part, I'll be instructing you myself. My lovely assistant will be that everything goes smoothly. Now please go ahead and take a seat.”

You sit opposite Eirin, admiring her elegant-looking dress. She runs you through the basics with the same focus and tenacity as a while earlier. “It's alright if you can't remember the names and positions of everything. You see, the great trick to eating in a refined atmosphere is to simply behave like you belong. As long as you aren't awkward and you look natural, everything will be fine.”
“Easy for you to say, you look naturally at ease with whatever you do.”
“It's a finely-honed skill. Look at Udonge, you don't think that she was born being able to look natural dressed like that do you?”
“Eh?” You hadn't noticed until then, but Reisen had changed outfits. She was now wearing a... well, uh.. maid's outfit. Or perhaps more accurately, a waitress'. Or a combination of both.
“You shouldn't open your mouth that far when you're seated at the table, it's uncouth.” Eirin chastises you with a glimmer of mischievousness in her voice. “Udongein, bring the starters please.”
“Yes master.” Reisen curtsies with a giggle. You manage to shut your jaw by the time she comes back with the food, but your disbelief remains. What's worse is that she seems to be genuinely enjoying your confused and admiring stare. She places a plate in front of you and then stands by waiting for further instructions.
“Very well. Let's begin now, shall we? You'd be surprised just how complicated it is to properly drink soup...”

Gawking is bad. Very bad. But you couldn't help it. Throughout the whole meal you just kept staring at Reisen whenever you could. No sane man could blame you. It was such a departure from her usual outfit that it was completely captivating. Her movements. Oh lord, they were as refined and measured as you'd expect from a proper servant. It's not even lust that you feel (like any healthy male would feel), it's a strange type of mixture between admiration and just general attraction. Eirin pretended not to notice, but whenever you drifted too far from lesson she'd reel you back in. But you couldn't stop. Not since you could have sworn that the more you stared, the more alluring Reisen became.

It was only at the very end of the meal, when she cleared the table, that you were able to come to your senses.

“That's basically it. I hope you managed to learn something.” Eirin stated with an unassuming smile. This was a telltale sign that she was having fun.
“I think I'll manage.”
“Isn't she almost good enough to eat up [/i]raw[/i]?”
“Excuse me? I-I don't know what you're talking about... I've already eaten more than enough as it is and, uh...”
“Sure.” She lets out a throaty and enchanting laugh, the white flashes of her teeth reminding you of pearls. “Are you sure you don't want to settle for somebody else? It might cause a lot of pain right now, but it might save us all from a greater agony later.”
“I'm not sure what you're talking about...”
“That would be a shame then, since that would probably mean that I would have to make sure you understood.” She leans back in her chair. She looks relaxed, but warning sirens go off in your head. You can tell she's being serious.
“What do you want me to say then?”
“I don't quite know.” She shrugs with a casual flick of her hand. “I'm just letting you know that there are other possibilities that you can choose out of your own free will. Ones that are less likely to explode violently in your face. Udonge has her issues, but I'm sure you could work through them. And well, I can assure you that I could more than satisfy some of your needs. All this is possible without dragging others in to perdition.”
“This... no, I don't want to know what you're suggesting.”
“I'm not saying anything that you probably haven't thought of. I'm just re-encapsulating it in an objective way. If you care to remember what will happen if things go horribly wrong with you later, things that I'll gladly do, then these stand as a contrast. They're more secure outcomes.”
“But I don't want them. I know what I want.”
“You shouldn't tell lies that fool no one.” Eirin chastises while giving you a choice, “I can even make the transition for you smoother. You can still have your happiness, it'll just be more likely to last. And it'll probably be better for her as well. And I'd like to believe that you hold her interests close to your own. Otherwise you wouldn't even be here, you'd have been disposed of long ago.”

[] Write-in
[] Don't answer her

---
Sorry, it took me forever to write. And even then, I couldn't help but stop all the time. I can't help but feel that my writing sucks (more than usual). So sorry about that, but I figured it was best to keep going and try to recover as I went.
>> No. 15831
[x] Drop your flatware on your plate. You've lost your appetite.
[x] "Look, I really only pretend to understand about half the words that come out of your mouth, so you'll have to excuse my unwillingness to barter with my soul."
[x] "But from what I think you are implying, as to whether I would rather cash my chips in and settle for a door prize rather than be taken through the wringer further, the answer is a most certain and definite 'no'."
[x] "It is only because I believe you have her best interests at heart that I weather the constant humiliation and terror that I feel whenever I am under your eye, Yagokoro. Otherwise, I'd have made off with her at the earliest opportunity."
[x] "And not another word about it; unless you'd rather spoil the memory of what would otherwise be a perfectly pleasant dinner."
>> No. 15832
And so, Eirin's angle in this emerges.
Give up on pursuit of Kaguya for Reisen and/or her, or continue down the path of the NEET, risking not only mutual heartbreak but tortures at the hands of Eirin that could make you experience agonies your mind cannot even begin to comprehend if things go sour.

What I wonder is if this is meant to be an attempt to tempt us away from the path, or an offer to help us get back onto the path? A sort of "friendly" warning that if we keep going the way we've been, it won't end well for us or anyone else, but mostly us, and an offer to help us avoid that.

I know which way I'm going, but if you prefer a safer path with the moon-bunny, who I am sure will be overjoyed to be picked, then I highly suggest you go for it.

As for the vote:

[X] Inform Eirin that you must politely decline her offer. After spending the last two days trying to convince Kaguya not to decide for herself what's best for you with no regard for what you want, you're not going to turn around and do the same thing to her. You do want what's best for her, for her to be happy, but she also deserves to choose for herself.
[X] There's no need for Eirin to remind you of what she told you before, either. You would never intentionally do anything to harm Kaguya, but if you somehow managed to do so anyway, you would probably deserve whatever punishment was to be had.
[X] Why should it have to come to that, though? You care about Kaguya. Eirin cares about Kaguya. You want what's best for her. Eirin wants what's best for her. There's no reason you should feel opposed to each other when what you want is ultimately the same thing, is there? Even if you disagree on the way to do it, at the very least you should be able to understand each other, right?

As usual, there's probably more to add, but I'm stopping, lest I start getting too corny again.
>> No. 15833
File 124137764575.jpg - (127.92KB, 450x600, youdummy.jpg) [iqdb]
15833
>>settle for a door prize
That's an excessively harsh and cruel thing to say about the poor girl, isn't it? Especially since, for all you know, she's still well within earshot. She's cared for you, she even got dressed up so nicely just to impress you, and you would so callously refer to her as something like that?

Good thing you wrote more after that, I guess. That way you won't be able to hear the hurried sound of footsteps caused by her running back to her room to cry herself to sleep while clutching her pillow.
>> No. 15834
File 124137851648.jpg - (62.17KB, 428x500, b5174253a988efb5c74ac935b0561316.jpg) [iqdb]
15834
>>15832

[!/]What he said.

Guess this confirms we are on the Kaguya Route...?

Reisen ;_;
>> No. 15835
>>15833

If she's content with Eirin whoring her out, then she deserves nothing but our contempt.
>> No. 15836
File 124137940463.png - (50.45KB, 627x620, 1241378570484.png) [iqdb]
15836
>>15835

>If she's content with Eirin whoring her out, then she deserves nothing but our contempt.

>Implying there is a handful of other voters who believe it.

79% sure you are that anti-rufflan' faggot.
>> No. 15837
>>15836

ha ha no
>> No. 15838
File 124138134179.jpg - (31.39KB, 353x401, 1200612159529.jpg) [iqdb]
15838
>>15835
I would think Eirin would prefer to think of it as playing match-maker between a willing girl and a potentially-willing but not-yet convinced guy, offering the two a chance at mutual happiness that might not otherwise happen. A new beginning, if you will.

And whoring? That is a very ugly word. A travesty, even. She helps! She brings the happiness back! And you better watch yourself, mister, because for her people they take these insults very personally. And then, you're no longer Mr. Write-in, you're Mr. Who-jammed-this-garden-hose-up-my-urethera-as-a-catheter.
>> No. 15839
It's not that I don't want Kaguya, it's that it seems like Kaguya doesn't want to be with us. I don't know but having the person you trust the most become uncomfortable in your presence would be a bit soul-crushing. I'd rather have Miss MoonBunnyWhoLikesYou and keep my best friend than risk losing them both.

Fuck my lack of ability to make write-ins.
>> No. 15840
>>15836
Hi. I'm the guy who first made the "enough of this ruffling meme" post. While I most definitely stand by what I said then--it's stupid and I've felt it's stupid ever since Gensokyo Man did her thing in /jp/--that's really off-topic and I don't want to derail this thread.

For the record, I believe that if Reisen is going to act like a doormat and let Eirin walk all over her, she is not worthy of my sympathy; I would never put it in such terms, though. I genuinely like Reisen, when Reisen acts like a stronger character with some semblance of a spine (say in QWL's story).

I am flattered, in a sense, that you ascribe every post you don't like to me.

Ahem. Back to the story.

[X] Inform Eirin that you must politely decline her offer. After spending the last two days trying to convince Kaguya not to decide for herself what's best for you with no regard for what you want, you're not going to turn around and do the same thing to her. You do want what's best for her, for her to be happy, but she also deserves to choose for herself.
[X] There's no need for Eirin to remind you of what she told you before, either. You would never intentionally do anything to harm Kaguya, but if you somehow managed to do so anyway, you would probably deserve whatever punishment was to be had.
[X] Why should it have to come to that, though? You care about Kaguya. Eirin cares about Kaguya. You want what's best for her. Eirin wants what's best for her. There's no reason you should feel opposed to each other when what you want is ultimately the same thing, is there? Even if you disagree on the way to do it, at the very least you should be able to understand each other, right?

This write-in is better, both in intent and in diplomatic tone.
>> No. 15841
File 12414016649.jpg - (395.07KB, 1089x886, b850212d29e1b1d2d519ee8156d81b86.jpg) [iqdb]
15841
>>15840

Regardless, it's a THP meme. Even if you go to 4chan/7chan and "complain" about a certain solid meme there, the reaction would be the same.


[X] Inform Eirin that you must politely decline her offer. After spending the last two days trying to convince Kaguya not to decide for herself what's best for you with no regard for what you want, you're not going to turn around and do the same thing to her. You do want what's best for her, for her to be happy, but she also deserves to choose for herself.
[X] There's no need for Eirin to remind you of what she told you before, either. You would never intentionally do anything to harm Kaguya, but if you somehow managed to do so anyway, you would probably deserve whatever punishment was to be had.
[X] Why should it have to come to that, though? You care about Kaguya. Eirin cares about Kaguya. You want what's best for her. Eirin wants what's best for her. There's no reason you should feel opposed to each other when what you want is ultimately the same thing, is there? Even if you disagree on the way to do it, at the very least you should be able to understand each other, right?
>> No. 15842
>>15840
I don't like you either but let's keep this out of this thread. You made your point clear, we know it now, so end of story.

[X] Inform Eirin that you must politely decline her offer. After spending the last two days trying to convince Kaguya not to decide for herself what's best for you with no regard for what you want, you're not going to turn around and do the same thing to her. You do want what's best for her, for her to be happy, but she also deserves to choose for herself.
[X] There's no need for Eirin to remind you of what she told you before, either. You would never intentionally do anything to harm Kaguya, but if you somehow managed to do so anyway, you would probably deserve whatever punishment was to be had.
[X] Why should it have to come to that, though? You care about Kaguya. Eirin cares about Kaguya. You want what's best for her. Eirin wants what's best for her. There's no reason you should feel opposed to each other when what you want is ultimately the same thing, is there? Even if you disagree on the way to do it, at the very least you should be able to understand each other, right?
>> No. 15843
>>15832

This works, the first write-in seems a bit out of character for us and demeans Reisen unduly.
>> No. 15844
File 124141336152.jpg - (156.63KB, 474x678, c419510b3c982d2132516e49354034a1.jpg) [iqdb]
15844
>>15839
I would almost agree, except you don't take into account the why behind the awkwardness. If we had professed our undying love for her, or kissed her, or something along those lines prior to the beginning of awkwardness, then your feelings of soul-crushingness might be appropriate. However, we haven't done anything of that sort yet (much to my amazement).

No, I think this brand of awkwardness is the sort that comes about when two friends of the opposite sex both start realizing they just might like each other as more than just friends. At the very least, Eirin is sure this is the case for Shirou. And considering the whole bit about threatening us, and this most latest proposal from her, it might very well be that Eirin thinks it's also the case with Kaguya, as well. At the very least, I wouldn't think she'd waste her time on something like this if she had thought Kaguya was unlikely to reciprocate Shirou's feelings.

Of course, that could just be wishful thinking on my part, all of Eirin's threats are unnecessary, and the second we express any sort of romantic sentiment for our NEET buddy with the deliciously silky hair, she'll shoot us down faster than you can say "FRIEND ZONE".

And much like laser, to write-in is not difficult. Heck, you already have the base for one right there. It doesn't have to be some elaborate thing dictating every specific word and action, you just need to convey a general sense of what you want to do. In this case, you would be saying you're agreeing with Eirin, that you would much rather keep Kaguya close as a friend than as something more if it keeps her from being hurt. Personally, I'd then throw in something to show some consideration for the moon-bunny, about how you don't even know if she would even be interested in you, and you wouldn't want her to feel forced into anything she did not herself want, for example.
>> No. 15845
File 124141337254.jpg - (152.55KB, 577x734, smokin eirin.jpg) [iqdb]
15845
Alright, writing now. Hopefully it won't take me an eternity.
>> No. 15846
>>15845

Dammit, too late! I wanted to add in something about appreciating the offer and complimenting both Eirin and Reisen...
>> No. 15847
>>15835

Reisen is not being whored out; instead, Eirin is acting like a matchmaker. She's saying, "maybe you should go for Reisen", not "I'll have Reisen bend over for you if you'll do me the teensiest favor of giving up on Kaguya".

>>15840
>For the record, I believe that if Reisen is going to act like a doormat and let Eirin walk all over her, she is not worthy of my sympathy

I think, in this particular case, it's either Reisen being a bit shy/unsure and asking Eirin to possibly steer Shirou toward us or just for advice, or it's Eirin picking up on subtle hints of attraction between Shirou and Reisen and acting on them of her own accord.
>> No. 15848
>>15845
Recently you mostly use Eirin pictures. Do you want to tell us something Teruyo?
>> No. 15850
File 124142907237.jpg - (296.39KB, 276x1000, c4.jpg) [iqdb]
15850
>>15848
I do? Last one I used in a non-update post was a Kaguya one, I can't remember before that though. And no, no hidden message. Probably.

Oh, and turns out that I haven't been writing really. But I'm trying my best. I'll overcome this.
>> No. 15851
File 124143812266.jpg - (69.08KB, 850x1199, sample-7a0b15a3ced3d998c49fb789339eae06.jpg) [iqdb]
15851
>Oh, and turns out that I haven't been writing really.

Eirin demands that you get back to work
>> No. 15852
File 124145041928.jpg - (194.59KB, 600x584, 1b19986b64cf50d2dea11ce6ea29994f.jpg) [iqdb]
15852
The best solution is just make Reisen and Ei~rin mistresses. But we'd fuck that up.
>> No. 15853
File 12414545637.jpg - (315.08KB, 750x1000, esins.jpg) [iqdb]
15853
[X] Inform Eirin that you must politely decline her offer. After spending the last two days trying to convince Kaguya not to decide for herself what's best for you with no regard for what you want, you're not going to turn around and do the same thing to her. You do want what's best for her, for her to be happy, but she also deserves to choose for herself.
[X] There's no need for Eirin to remind you of what she told you before, either. You would never intentionally do anything to harm Kaguya, but if you somehow managed to do so anyway, you would probably deserve whatever punishment was to be had.
[X] Why should it have to come to that, though? You care about Kaguya. Eirin cares about Kaguya. You want what's best for her. Eirin wants what's best for her. There's no reason you should feel opposed to each other when what you want is ultimately the same thing, is there? Even if you disagree on the way to do it, at the very least you should be able to understand each other, right?

“I'm sorry.” You shake your head gently but resolutely. “ I'm simply not interested. I've spend the last two days trying to convince Kaguya not to decide all by herself what's best for me, with no input from me, so I'm not about to turn around and do the same either. It's selfish and needless. I believe that any decisions concerning the two of us should be decided by the both of us together.” You expected Eirin to object, but she stares at you with a an ever-widening grin. You continue to say what you believe, keeping a level and composed voice; “I want what's best for her. I really do. I want her to be happy, but she deserves to choose for herself.”

You're aware of the contradiction here. Of the strange statements that are seemingly at odds at each other – that she should choose whatever she wants, but she shouldn't do it unilaterally. It's the type of weak link that those better with words than you would pick apart and destroy, but at least for now, Eirin shows no inclination of pointing it out. And even if she did, it wouldn't change how you felt. That paradox, the pooling of mutual selfishness for the best, is a product of the affection and warmth that you feel. If you haven't backed down with Kaguya, you wouldn't back down with anyone else either.

It's amazing what a composed response can do. Your ideas are in order, and despite the seriousness of the topic matter, you aren't rushed and obstructed by unrestrained emotion.

“There really is no need to remind me of what you said earlier.” You note that your words inspire the same intelligent flare of humor behind her focused eyes. She places an arm on the table, gently resting it halfway between the two of you. “I would never intentionally do anything to harm Kaguya.” It's an abhorrent thought really. It's more in your nature to hurt yourself before someone that you care about. “If I did manage to do so somehow,” You let yourself display an insightful smile, “I would probably deserve whatever punishment was handed out to me.” And that's discounting the punishment you'd likely put yourself through first. Which you imagine would probably be countless times worse.

Your smile intensifies when you see Eirin almost laughing to your statement. There's no doubt in you that she really would put you through a fate worse than death. But you don't mind. You can understand why she would do it. And you can't blame her.

“There's no need it for it to come for that, now is there? I mean I care about her, and you obviously do too. I want what's best for her, and you do too. We want the same thing, so why should we be opposed? I mean, even if we don't agree on the specifics, we should be able to understand each other.”

“That speech is fine and good. And I will concede that you most probably feel that away to begin with.” She chuckles, leaning forwards on the table, “I had assumed that something like that was going on through your mind. Well, as a possibility anyways.”
“Then we can move on?”
“Move on?” Eirin laughs again, as if you just told a good joke. “There was nothing to move on from!”
“Huh?”
“You give yourself too much credit, I'm afraid.”
“Apparently, since I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.” You try a sheepish smile, to make it seem like a cheap joke.
“Well, perhaps I should be more clear then. I simply wanted you to be more aware of what you wanted. I plan to deal with things as I see fit, but there's a slight chance that it might ease my workload if you don't just stumble about like a headless bird. I don't take my responsibilities lightly. If needed, I can do whatever is needed to ensure serenity with no hesitation or second thought.”
“So you're telling me that you just did me a favor?” That's hard to believe; you deny her twisted logic.
“A small one – yes.”
“Then you didn't really mean that about, uh, Reisen, and you?”
“Of course I did. All of that was true. If you really wanted, I would take care of you. That would be a new type of obligation for me. But I would shoulder it as best as I could.” She leans back in her chair and teases you (like she does best), “Don't think I haven't thought of kidnapping you and keeping you all to myself. You're too good to pass up, I feel raw potential in you, and besides, I could use more permanent company. It might do me good.”
“...I'm flattered.”
“Your undeniable charm doesn't help things either.” Just as easily as she started laughing, she switches gears again, coming back to the original topic; “You have a chance here, determined by your own free will. I will not judge the choices that you make, those are your own choices, but it certainly can't hurt you to understand why you're making these choices.”
“I'm... not even sure what I want though. Thinking about Kaguya makes me feel more anxious right now than anything.”
“That's only normal. As frightened as you might be, I believe the princess might be feeling worse – if only because she understands some of the pieces of this puzzle more than you. Fear of the known mixed with fear of the unknown is overwhelming.”
“...” Was that an endorsement from her? “So you want me to stay here?”
“I don't care either way.” She coolly says those words. “But I won't deny that life can change dramatically depending on not only what choices we make, but when we make them.”
“That's great, but... what am I going to do if Kaguya kicks me out?”
“Die a bitter husk of a man somewhere out there. Alternatively I could just kidnap you; I need an assistant for my more intimate research.”
“That's not funny.”
“Why not? The truth tends to be absolutely hilarious – if maybe a bit too ironic for the tastes of some.” Eirin sighs, her smile gone. “It's my firm belief that you won't be gone from here this time tomorrow. At least not by Kaguya's bidding.”
“That's... a relief. And I assume that you're going to say something like 'the future is too uncertain to predict after then'?”
“Close enough. In all likelihood, you'll be armed with new knowledge tomorrow that will let you decide, in a more competent fashion, how the days following that play out.”
“Any more advice?”
“I'm honored that you consider my inane rambling 'advice'.” Eirin smiles again. “But I have nothing else to say for now. There's nothing else for you to do than to sort out things for yourself.”
>> No. 15854
Feeling satisfied with that conversation, you get up. While Eirin didn't commit herself to anything that would help you explicitly, her words seemed trustworthy enough to consider. As you wonder what's going to happen with Kaguya, you remember something important. You stand next to Eirin to thank her;

“Thanks for that bath. It felt great, I can't remember the last time I felt so refreshed.”
“It was nothing. Just a personal mix that I use after I do a lot of work and am feeling stressed.” She leans and places her mouth next to your ear, her own delicious fragrance filling your nostrils, “If you ever need some more, just ask, okay? I do the same thing for the princess whenever she asks for it.”
“I will...” Her fine hair is still moist and dangles mere centimeters from your face. She pulls out with a suggestive laugh.
“It's best that you get going for now. Kaguya probably is still thinking more than she should, and I feel that I would like to be left alone. Besides,” She winks at you, “It looks that my being so close to you is stirring up something unseeingly in my assistant. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was some sort of jea-”
“It's completely your imagination, master.” Reisen cuts her off, with a bit of a fluster. You hadn't seen her stand up to Eirin before, and it's simply adorable. No, not because she's ineffective or anything – Eirin seemed to take her words as seriously as she would an old friend's, but because of the person herself. As Reisen explains to Eirin (makes it absolutely clear) that she's acting out of line, her ears twitch and her skin has a healthy glow. It's definitely adorable, while still being a nice and pleasant aspect of her personality.

“Let's go Shirou, it seems that the clinic is closed off to us.” Reisen concludes her rant with a dignified walk towards the door. Overcompensating or no, you give Eirin a final nod and follow her out of the clinic. She's back again in her more usual clothes, looking as perky as she usually does.
“So, you're going to have the rest of the day off, then?”
“Seems that way. A nice little luxury. It was worth doing all that work in the morning for this.”
“Nothing to do at all? I mean, isn't this place still on its toes because of the other night?”
“It is.” Reisen conceded with a frown. She apparently hadn't thought of that. “But it doesn't mean that I can't simply take a sabbatical. Master knows what she's doing, and if she needs me, she'll call. Besides, I think it's high time that Tewi picked up some of my slack.” She smiled to herself. “I told her that she was on her own for lunch.”
“I can imagine her face.” It probably wouldn't be too happy. She's probably used to leeching off everyone here too much to even have considered having to take care of herself.
“So what are you going to do now?” Reisen asks inquisitively, trying to appear as if she didn't care too much. You're pretty sure that she overheard some of the conversation with Eirin; she was taking care of the dirty dishes, but was probably near enough anyways.
“I don't have much choice.” You shrug, thinking that talking with Kaguya is a must. “I've got to go talk to her.”
“Hm... I guess that's definitely something you have to do...” There's an ambiguity to her voice that confuses you.
“It's something that you feel can be done later, perhaps?” Is that what she as implying?
“Eh, I didn't say that- I, um, just-” For all of the assertiveness that you know her to have, she sure picks odd moments to show it. Other moments like these you wouldn't even believe she had any.

[] Spend some time with Reisen
[] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya

---
Better? Maybe. I'm still not feeling the writing. So I apologize again.

>>15852
Oh anon, you're a riot. Just imagining it makes me burst into laughter. Putting aside the issues of consent and knowledge of all parties involved, just managing it would be a nightmare. Dealing with each relationship and satisfying everyone's needs would be a grade-A clusterfuck I reckon. Especially if these were secret relationships and anon wanted to push on with the storyline. I will admit it would raise an interesting scenario, which is so ludicrous that it makes me almost drown in laughter. And deviating along an even greater tangent, imagine dealing with, say, Mokou or others that potentially wanted to interact with Shirou, or heaven forbid want relationships of their own. And this isn't even factoring in stuff like jealousy and irrationality associated with such (an) amour(s) fou(s). Ah yes, an interesting hypothetical.
>> No. 15856
>>15854

The solution is quite simple: go for the harem, Shirou! You can do it, somehow!

... Now if only I knew which option to choose, or to write-in an acceptable one.
>> No. 15857
File 12414578047.jpg - (574.56KB, 2000x792, 2ca39807cd84e842b1b39c12f999ad6e.jpg) [iqdb]
15857
>You're too good to pass up, I feel raw potential in you, and besides, I could use more permanent company. It might do me good.

GONNA GET TAKEN HOME.

[!/] Spend some time with Reisen.
>> No. 15858
>>15852

Made me lol so hard I had to roll into a corner to finally get my bearings.

[X] Spend some time with Reisen

I'm all for aiding kaguya but I doubt being more clingy than cellopane wrap on statically charged hair would do us any good. Shirou needs to show he can "actually function" amongst others and be close as well to help weigh in his favor to staying. Plus how often does Reisen more the most part, "take the day off" so to speak. Spend time with her...
>> No. 15859
>>“Hm... I guess that's definitely something you have to do...” There's an ambiguity to her voice that confuses you.
>>“It's something that you feel can be done later, perhaps?” Is that what she as implying?

Shirou, you ignorant slut.

I'm torn now. On one hand, we made it clear that Kaguya is our priority, and as such we might want to go talk to her now, although frankly I think we would do better to not talk so much as try to do something fun to take her mind off of things. As Eirin said, she's probably thinking way too much about this thing than she should, and something fun to take her mind off it for a while might do her some good.

On the other hand, Reisen finds herself with some free time and clearly wants to spend what she can of it with Shirou, but as she already spent what assertiveness she had on Tewi and Eirin just now, is far too shy to say as much.

Gah. Be there for our buddy, or throw the bunny a bone. Buddy. Bunny. Buddy. Bunny.
Damn it.

[X] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya
>> No. 15860
>she's probably thinking way too much about this thing than she should, and something fun to take her mind off it for a while might do her some good.

Reason enough for me.

[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya
>> No. 15861
[x] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15862
File 124146475575.png - (220.55KB, 611x800, Reisen 18.png) [iqdb]
15862
[x] Spend some time with Reisen

Might as well
>> No. 15863
[x] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15864
[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya
>> No. 15865
>“I don't care either way.” She coolly says those words. “But I won't deny that life can change dramatically depending on not only what choices we make, but when we make them.”

>“It's best that you get going for now. Kaguya probably is still thinking more than she should

[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya

Goddamn, you idiots. Don't be distracted because a piece of tail shaking itself in front of you. Don't you remember what happened the last time we "settled" for Reisen instead of seeing who we intended?
>> No. 15866
[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya
>> No. 15867
[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya
>> No. 15868
[+] Spend some time with Reisen

Kaguya did say she would reconsider her earlier decision based on our insistence (charisma?). I think we should wait for her announcement and not bother her about it beforehand. Since we'd otherwise be "packed and out of here" by this evening, we might be a little more justified in dropping by later after that original deadline.
>> No. 15869
>>15868
Yes i know it's too early to bother her yet, but the other choice is even worse...
Must not get distracted, must not get off the path we took.
>> No. 15870
File 124146797483.jpg - (368.04KB, 800x600, eientei with patchy.jpg) [iqdb]
15870
>Shirou, you ignorant slut.
This made me laugh harder than it should have. Must be the cold medicine.

I think I could write now (haven't bothered to tally really), but my body is screaming for a bit of rest. So it'll be a couple of hours before I update; The point of this post is to show that I'm willing to update normally and anxiously looking forward to updating more than just once per day per story. It's just circumstances that prohibit me.

Anon's logic is always quite something.

tl;dr vote away as always
>> No. 15871
>updating more than just once per day

hooray!

>per story

wait, what?
>> No. 15872
[x] Spend some time with Reisen

If we're screwed may as well make our stay more "reflective" rather than swift.
>> No. 15873
[x] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15874
[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya
>> No. 15875
[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya.

I HAVE A FEVER
AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION
IS MORE KAGUYA
>> No. 15876
File 124147227030.jpg - (460.43KB, 1100x602, 3acf2f86b106da806b97ba28679bf8b8.jpg) [iqdb]
15876
>>15875

>I HAVE A FEVER
>FEVER
>> No. 15877
[x] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15878
[X] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15881
[x] Spend some time with Reisen

Bunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunny
>> No. 15882
[x] You can't bear to wait another moment before talking to Kaguya

For the sake of the path previous choices have set us on, I choose to not fall prey to the bunny. Every single time I went for Reisen, the rest of you voted the other way. I really wanted to vote that way now, but no, it'd be pointless.
>> No. 15883
[X] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15884
Wait, aren't we already locked into a route? I don't know if it's Kaguya or Eirin, but whoever it is, it definitely isn't Reisen.
>> No. 15885
>>15884
I seem to recall something said along the lines that routes don't automatically equate to romantic involvement, and vice versa, meaning it's fully possible to be technically on one character's route, but woo someone else entirely.

...of course, this is the vague recollection of someone who is lucky if he can remember where he put his drink five minutes ago, so I could be horribly wrong.
>> No. 15887
File 12415030184.png - (252.16KB, 500x500, b192d2bd750891e9748b7bb498a7cc56.png) [iqdb]
15887
Oh, found something!

>>13569
>>Also, it is theoretically possible to have a harem end (or at the very least more than one romantic partner) but, yeah, by the look of things that won't really happen very easily.

>>14722
>>I'd like to add that while there is a correlation between routes and affection, it's not the only factor at work. Nor do certain routes exclude the possiblity of other romantic attachments.

So even if we're technically on bottle-thingy-that-probably-represents-Eirin route, that shouldn't necessarily stop us from going for a NEET or moon-bunny. Hell, we could even try for both, but I think we all know the odds of us pulling that off with any degree of success is so unlikely it's almost comical to suggest.
>> No. 15888
File 124150507331.jpg - (96.51KB, 628x900, e+y.jpg) [iqdb]
15888
There's no real harm in clearing this up. The routes in the story pertain to a particular plot line, which tend to be focused around a single character (or one more prominently than another in a special case). Certain events will happen only in a certain route (or in a certain way). It is therefore natural for most of the character development and/or interaction to be focused on the main character for the route. The others that are present often are supporting roles, which can be quite important, but never overshadowing the main development. So that does mean that relationships could be formed with other characters, both romantic or otherwise, same as the main character(s) of the route. But you shouldn't expect those relationships to be as well-developed as they might have been on those supporting characters' own routes.

For example, take this hypothetical scenario:

You're on a Yuyuko route. For some reason this route is heavily tied in to Yukari. Now, the real development here would probably be with Yuyuko. Whatever kind of relationship you form with her will be more complete than those others you would form on the route. That said, you could still likely befriend Youmu (become something of a father figure to the girl? This off the top of my head), and perhaps even become romantically involved with Yukari. But at the end of the day, whatever major turnpoints the story has, it will be focused around Yuyuko and her issues and what have you not. So it might be possible to get something akin a 'good end' while doing the aforementioned, but to get the most complete end, it's highly probably that most of the attention, or the right amount of attention at the right moment, is given to Yuyuko; conflicts of interest that pull away from the main character towards the end of the route hampers the chance of the best endings.

That was a bit long-winded and perhaps unduly complex, but I hoped it helped clear up some confusion.

Also the chosen image has no subtext behind it at all. Really.
>> No. 15889
>>15888
>>Also the chosen image has no subtext behind it at all. Really.

But of course. However, it does suddenly make me want to go invest both in a certain technology corporation and pharmaceuticals company, both of which I am certain are in no way related to that image you just posted, of course. And neither of which are currently rumored in certain media circles to be potentially negotiating a merger of some sort. Of course.
>> No. 15890
[X] Spend time with both Reisen and Kaguya. After all, sometimes having fun in groups can help cut down on awkwardness between any two people.
>> No. 15891
>>15890

You are aware that Reisen wants to screw us, and Kaguya likes a 1 to 1 basis, this isn't going to work

doesn't ignore the fact that this is a seriously hard choice
>> No. 15892
>>15890
haremfaggotry stop. Didn't you learn anything from School Days?
>> No. 15893
Routelock has already been engaged.
As much as it pains me to say this, we'd benefit from sticking to one girl from now on (unless the plot clearly dictates that we should focus on another girl.)
>> No. 15900
File 124154636032.jpg - (410.60KB, 590x735, hmm - how unlikely.jpg) [iqdb]
15900
Well, uh, sorry, but it looks like I'm going to have to take some time to think about the update. There's something that's been bothering me for a while that I need to sort out. Yup.
>> No. 15902
>>15892

... I was more thinking of just having friendly activities, rather than playing spin the bottle with just those three. Not every moment we spend with every girl has to be toward future romance.
>> No. 15903
>>15902
You seriously think the girl who was clearly disappointed at not being able to engage in some close-contact training with Shirou, who very visibly liked being looked at and admired by him while in a very fetching outfit, and who got very flustered at Eirin's suggestion that she was possibly jealous of her being so close to Shirou at that moment, and just so happened to make a point of mentioning to him how she had the rest of the day off would be wanting to do "friendly activities" with him and another girl? Especially the girl who he happens to clearly have a thing for?

A cute girl who clearly likes you (and quite likely in more than a purely platonic way) and wants to spend time with you tells you she has the day off, and you would ask her to spend it hanging out with you and another girl?

Way to read the mood, guy.
>> No. 15908
[x] Spend some time with Reisen

Gots to be with bunny
>> No. 15909
[x] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15911
File 124158237469.jpg - (710.26KB, 973x1400, 1241566255288.jpg) [iqdb]
15911
Shirou always had it bad for lilac-colored hair girls...
>> No. 15914
>>15903

... But isn't that Shirou's whole schtick? Failing to read the mood?
>> No. 15915
>>... But isn't that Shirou's whole schtick?

That excuse was used once already when we picked to learn ranged weaponry over close or unarmed combat, and in case you've already forgotten, that turned out to not work out exactly as Anon expected, with Eirin doing the instruction and a very disappointed moon-bunny having to sit on the sidelines. Just be glad she got over it in time for the next lesson. The next time might not be so temporary.
>> No. 15916
File 124162620322.png - (24.52KB, 500x500, kissukissufallinrabu.png) [iqdb]
15916
Also, being unable to read the mood isn't really Shirou's shtick. You're clearly confusing him with the man who just can't read the mood, Spiderman.
>> No. 15920
[x] Spend some time with Reisen
>> No. 15933
File 12417393521.jpg - (314.38KB, 700x756, 39f13f872faf10ac3fb3ec1bfe620fd5.jpg) [iqdb]
15933
TERUYOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please don't tell me you decided to drop the Touhou, made a free dev blog, and starting writing a new ORIGINAL DO NOT STEAL fiction?!

I would be disappointed.
That's only something a shitty writer would do.
>> No. 15934
File 12417424357.gif - (67.38KB, 204x204, 1241713354411.gif) [iqdb]
15934
>>15933
A) My passion for Touhou only grows with time
B) I abhor blogs in all their forms
c) The closest thing to that that I've ever done was the concept phase of my own VN.

And yes, I see what you did there. And while you're entitled to your opinion, I'd rather not this thread turn into the same old explosive powder keg that that type of 'discussion' brings. Quite frankly, I think we can all do without it.

As for not updating, well, I've been a bit lazy. Truthfully, I've been trying to sleep in my spare time, seeing how I've been overworked as of late, so that kills my willpower and creative juices somewhat. Even if I do really really want to update. Seriously, I'm excited to move on, and frustrated that I haven't gotten the time/chance to. So all I can ask for is a bit of patience and understanding. Try not to hate me too much.
>> No. 15935
>>15934

Sleep deprivation can only lead to self-ruination and half-assery. Just take it easy and do what you can when you can. Wouldn't want a good, if not decent, writefag falling apart on us.
>> No. 15940
File 124180940528.jpg - (585.29KB, 750x938, rlssc.jpg) [iqdb]
15940
[x] Spend some time with Reisen

“Well then...” You hold in a yawn. It seems that despite the bath, you're still a bit tired.
“I guess I'll be seeing you then.” Reisen starts to go off in her own direction.
“Right now if you don't mind.”
“Pardon?”
“I'd like to spend some time with you.” It's not a bad idea. “That is, if you don't mind.”
“I, um, don't mind.” She blinks rapidly, as if thinking. You wonder if she really was implying what you thought she was.
“So...”
“I'm not going to be doing anything special though.” She frowns.
“That's alright I don't mind.” You smile and shrug, “Just do whatever it was that you were going to do, I'll just tag along.”
“Are you sure? Just spending time with me? Shouldn't you be...” She can't seem to complete the sentence.
“I'll be fine. I don't think my problems will get much worse if I spend a few pleasant moments with someone else.”

Reisen is reluctant to accept your explanations, but ultimately does. You follow her back to her room, noting that the closer you get to it, the slower she seems to walk. She didn't stop, however, and you got to her room eventually.

“I was planning to just lie around and read a bit.” She pointed to a pile of magazines (no doubt hand-me-downs from Kaguya, they looked familiar enough). “It's not very exciting, so I understand if you don't want to stay.”
“It's fine.” You sit on the floor. “It's fine just reading and talking a bit maybe.” Not to mention that it's a good mental distraction for you and a time-waster. “So I didn't know that you read these kind of magazines.”
“I don't really.” She sits down and grabs a magazine from a pile. “It's Tewi that likes to read them, and I just store them for her. Although I will admit that they are entertaining sometimes.”
“I'll say.” You flip through a magazine. It's not long before you're caught up reading articles.

“Would you like to drink something?” After some time, Reisen offers refreshments.
“No, I'm alright. Thank you.” You're still good from your meal.

Some more time passes. You finish off a magazine. It's then that you notice that Reisen has been watching you all this time out of the corner of her eye. You try to make conversation, “So how often do you get breaks like these?”

“Not that often. It's usually nothing but full days for me. I only have time for myself at the end of the evening.”
“You're also the first person to get up, right?”
“Well, I have to make breakfast as well as help in the clinic, so I can't stay around doing nothing in the morning.”

The talk is intermittent as you pick up another magazine and she reads her own. It's not that you're not getting along, but there's no topic that seems to keep the conversation going for long. It isn't really awkward like it was with Kaguya (far from it, you don't feel like your life in on the line), but it's not the most smooth experience you've had in your life. It's in an effort to get a grip on the situation that you take a peek at what she's reading.

Find out if he's right for you! 10 ways to tell if he's your dream lover!

That's no good. You lean back, blushing a bit. Of all the things that she could be reading, she's reading that. You didn't even know that Kaguya got that sort of thing. She didn't even notice you sneaking a peak, she's absorbed by the contents of the article.

“...” Reisen lifts her gaze from the page and looks at you. You're still feeling like you're red, becoming brighter by the moment. She doesn't say anything, and you notice that she twitches her brow slightly while looking down again at the article.
“Uhh...” You speak, trying to wipe your thoughts from your face. Well, try to speak anyways.
“Yes?” She looks up, with what can only be described as an expression of pure curiosity mixed with reluctance, focusing her eyes squarely on yours.

Your lips tremble, as you desperately try to think of what to say and do.

[] Ask about the article she's reading
[] Complete 180; Ask what she knows about the break-in the other day
[] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier
[] Write-in

---
Write-in can be suggesting a change of activity, not just dialog.
>> No. 15941
File 124181151439.png - (614.99KB, 530x1310, 2272a79b3d8ed5b9dfebe3f7012a0f85.png) [iqdb]
15941
[!/] "That wouldn't have happened to have been Tewi's book, once upon a time...right?"
>> No. 15944
>>15942

Gots to agree, glamour mags are ze bane of relationships and root of ignorance/dependence.

Also while I can't think of a write-in to explain the horror behind women following such "advice", any explanation ought to be done with care in not only aiding Reisen to discover what exactly she wishes to know but also not to make her seem idiotic or a fool into reading them. Such reading materials are not as common in Gensokyo are they..? (With an exception of a certain newspaper but that's another story) I'd liken them to cheap "fortune-teller readings" and take such advice with caution...

I'm sure some one can think of a good write in for it...
>> No. 15945
[X] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier

Oh, for crying out loud, a few magazines aren't the cause of all the other problems that have been going on. Eirin certainly wouldn't be the type to waste her time with them, and I give Kaguya enough credit to think she would know better than to take those things at all seriously. I mean, just think about it for a second. She's a freaking princess from a society that prides itself on being superior to EVERYTHING. Do you really think some magazines based almost entirely on the premise of making the reader feel like they aren't good enough would have any impact at all on her? To say nothing about the sheer amount of time she's been around on the internet.
And Tewi? She's probably more than old and wise enough to know better, too.

Really, the only one I could even imagine would take those things seriously is sitting right before us, and I have my doubts about even that. But then, who knows? Between her time in servitude on the moon, and then hiding out in Gensokyo, she probably hasn't had much in the way of time with dealing with males. Barring her asking one of the other residents, I suppose magazines would be about the only real way she has of getting answers to whatever questions she might have.

...almost makes me wonder if her behavior was really due to the effect of Eirin's mysterious drug trial after all.
>> No. 15946
[X] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier
>> No. 15947
[X] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier

We're letting our guard down too easily... ask damn it!
>> No. 15949
[x] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier
>> No. 15950
I know I took a while to update, but damn. Over a day and something and just this? The disaprity quantity of votes sure is something. But that's just me grumbling again, plans for updating quickly seemingly foiled.
>> No. 15951
>>15950
Sorry, but I guess I am not helping.

[+] Ask about the article she's reading
>> No. 15952
>>15950

What with mother's day and work I haven't had a chance to read the last addition :(

and now that I have...

[X] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier

The mags and awkward behavior are just distractions imo. You know she wanted to train Shirou...
>> No. 15953
>>15950

Updates and posts have been of Ice Age progress.

Not a good sign.
>> No. 15954
[x] "I happen to think automatic projectile-throwers possess far more 'wow-factor' than tension-strung spear-chuckers, but I guess that's just, like, my opinion, man."
[x] "So why don't I see any copies of Guns & Bullets?"
>> No. 15955
>>15954
If asking about the training leads into at least another conversation option, I think it would be good to express an interest in hearing about her specialty, and perhaps asking if she would even be willing to show you the ropes sometime later. Not that learning the basics with Eirin wasn't good, and in fact was probably quite necessary, but something with a little more light and sound would be fun.
>> No. 15957
[x] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier
>> No. 15958
[x] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier
this, then:
[x] "I happen to think automatic projectile-throwers possess far more 'wow-factor' than tension-strung spear-chuckers, but I guess that's just, like, my opinion, man."
[x] "So why don't I see any copies of Guns & Bullets?"
this
>> No. 15965
[X] Ask about the article she's reading
>> No. 15972
[x] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier
>> No. 15973
File 124207016136.jpg - (641.76KB, 858x976, 085f64866ce3422515dda0b2a4bc6961.jpg) [iqdb]
15973
Teruyo has been changed into a rabbit!
Are you a bad enough dude to vote him back?
>> No. 15975
>>15973
...
lol wut
>> No. 15980
File 124210445146.jpg - (175.04KB, 500x500, bgk2.jpg) [iqdb]
15980
>>15973
*snifflesniffle*/otherrabbitnoises
I like it better when the real Teruyo is a rabbit.

Fine. Okay. Update after I catch some Z's. I'll try my hardest for it to (not?) turn into a scenario in which Reisen holds Shirou down and claims to want him thrusting his manhood deep inside her, stirring her up like there's no tomorrow right there and then.

So... yeah. Let's see if we can get a good pace going again.
>> No. 15983
File 124216991682.jpg - (57.91KB, 626x425, tewihnnnnnnnnnng.jpg) [iqdb]
15983
>>15980
I have to agree, that really is far more prefera-OH GOD IT'S SPREADING
>> No. 15984
>>15980

If that's what you want to write, just write it. Anything to get you back into a writing groove, even though this isn't a great time for internet (damned final exams).
>> No. 15986
File 12422135445.jpg - (151.95KB, 1600x1200, 3d Mokou for no good reason.jpg) [iqdb]
15986
>>15984
Actually I don't. In fact, I'm not in the mood for writing anything sexual in nature. I just want to move on and write more for my stories. But I can't seem to find the time in my day; or when I do, I can't seem to write properly. Or worse still, when I finally get rallied up, either there's a slow/no response, or I am called off to deal with real life stuff. Really, it's no one's fault. But it's frustrating.

The frustration is further compounded when I realize that things have been going too slowly (pace-wise) or that I could be doing a better job. So yeah, I don't even know why I'm typing this up, since I detest the thought of venting as if this were my blog. But I guess it lets you lot know what's going on through my mind. I want things to be swell and good. Really I do. And one day things will be great again. Or so I hope.

As for a real update instead of self-chastising drivel, well, I'll try my hand at writing in several hours' time when I have a solid block of time. Hopefully that will be enough to get some momentum. THP as a whole needs some as well.

For those of you who care, that's what I have to say for myself.
>> No. 15989
File 124229161838.jpg - (185.43KB, 450x600, morning.jpg) [iqdb]
15989
This time of year just seems to have an amazing ability to sap free time and willpower from people, doesn't it?
>> No. 15998
Since I have yet to vote, I'll go ahead and go with

[x] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier


>>15989
Exams, having to move out, rising temperatures (or coming winter if you live in the southern hemisphere) etc. At least those are my bad assumptions.
>> No. 16003
[x] Be elusive; try talking about the training earlier

“...It's nothing really.” You try to play it off coolly. “I was just thinking about the training earlier. Some workout, huh?”
“Oh, that. Yes.” Her curiosity seems to subside a little with this topic, much to your relief.
“Granted, I did most of the running around.... Not that you didn't do anything. You did keep track of me and stuff after all.”
“It wasn't that much work for me.” She smiles, “Telling other people what to do is surprisingly easy.”
“You're probably right. Then again, I wouldn't really know. I've never really had that role.”
“The uniform helped me get into the role really.” There's a humorous twinkle in her eye. She puts down the magazine.
“That was a big surprise for me, you know. Where'd you get that thing?”
“From around.” She's ambiguous. “It was a bit uneeded, really. But I was told to wear it.”

You relax a bit, feeling that the topic has been changed successfully.

“It was definitely quite the sight, I'll give you that.”
“So it didn't suit me?”
“Hmm... I'm not sure. I didn't really think about it in the moment. With all the running and jumping about that I was doing and all.” You scratch your head and think about Reisen in the camo fatigues. If that had been cosplay, you'd have ranked it quite high. The colors did clash with her hair, but it was something that you could overlook in lieu of the big picture. “You looked like I would have expected you to look wearing that really.”
“Eh? What does that mean?” She appears to be genuinely curious.
“It just means what it means.”
“Oh, don't just say that. It's annoying.” Reisen stares at you. “If you're going to bring up a topic, you can at the very least have the common courtesy of explaining what you're trying to say.”
“I'm sorry. But really, it's what I mean.” You think about it. The comparison that you subconsciously made was definitely with her normal wear and appearance. That's nice and all, but the clothes earlier were special and suited to the atmosphere. You then realize that you keep bringing yourself to the outfit she was wearing earlier.

You must have started looking strange to her, because she acts like she's suspicious of something.

“Is anything wrong? You can tell me whatever it is, you know.”
“Like I said. Nothing is wrong.” You manage to keep yourself relatively calm. “I was just wondering if maybe we'd get another chance to train together soon. Maybe Eirin will make it into a regular thing?”
“Is that what you were thinking?” She asks with some suspicion, but answers all the same. “I don't know if she will. If she believes it's necessary then probably – yes.”
“So she hasn't told you anything?”
“No, she just came to me in the morning and we set up things. Mmm..”
“...Mmm? Was there anything else?”
“No, not really. I was just thinking about why.”
“Why she'd do this?”
“Yes.” You think that you see her nose crinkle for a moment, but she's as pleasant as ever when she speaks, “It's a good thing, right? Learning new things, that is.”
“Yeah, I can't say I disagree with you there. Although a bit out of the blue.”
“Maybe somewhat.”
“So you expected this?”
“I wouldn't say that I expected it. But I've been around here for long enough to have hunches or know that some things are likely to happen.”
“Then, do you have any hunches if we'll do that again?”
“It's likely I think.”
“I see. I'll look forward to working with you then.”
“You enjoyed that?”
“Parts of it. Why? Is that weird? I mean, I'm not really that out of shape, am I? I mean, I know I'm not the most athletic of sorts...”
“You look fine.” Reisen laughs. “And if you were able to do all that, then you'll be fine.”
“Well, that's a relief.” You feel that that's a definite boost to your self-confidence. “That said, any tips on how to do better?”

Her input is at best, mildly helpful. But it's a conversational topic, and you listen gladly to everything she has to say, making relevant observations here and there. She doesn't seem to mind to go over the most minute details, and it seems to you like she's got some experience dealing with physical training, if not something as structured as boot camp.

There's not much else to say after a while. Her magazine long forgotten, she offers you a snack.

“I'll make something in the kitchen for us, if you like. I think we've still got eggs, so I can make custard.”
“There's no need for you to go through all that trouble for me. Really.” Although you are slightly hungry – the exercise having taken more out of you than you realized.
“It's no problem. It's easy to make and I don't mind doing it just for us two.”
“That's lovely, really, but...”
“But...?” She's gotten up and extends her hand to you. She looks sincere enough.

[] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
[] “...I've really got to talk to Kaguya now.”
>> No. 16004
[X] “...I've really got to talk to Kaguya now.”

Sorry, bunny.
>> No. 16005
[X] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
just giving kaguya more time, i havent forgotten her.
>> No. 16006
>>16005
More time for what? Stewing and fretting over the same matter she's likely been over-thinking about since our conversation last night?
Even if we can't get rid of the mutual feelings of discomfort we've had lately, I think at the very least we should be able to either put this matter to rest, or offer enough distraction from it to take her mind of the matter, if only for a little bit.

I don't want to disappoint the bunny, but I think our buddy needs us more, right now.
>> No. 16007
[X] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.” (Thinking to himself, "maybe Kaguya would like some...)

I'd think Shirou would rather not give Kaguya an excuse to shoo him away, least of all things hunger. May as well eat before meeting up with Kaguya, maybe even make some extra for her as a tasty gift. Though no doubt she's recieved plenty of things regardless, at the very least it would have come from Shirou which could work in his favor...
>> No. 16009
[x] “...I've really got to talk to Kaguya now.”
Priorities, priorities.
>> No. 16010
[!/] “...I've really got to talk to Kaguya now.”

;+; sad bunny
>> No. 16011
[x] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
>> No. 16012
[X] “...I've really got to talk to Kaguya now.”

Being wishy-washy in the past has screwed us over. We should see our NEET now.
>> No. 16013
[x] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”

Be patient guys
>> No. 16014
[x] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
>> No. 16015
[X] “...I've really got to talk to Kaguya now.”
>> No. 16017
[x] “But... can I make it? With your help, I mean.”
[x] "Even if it's something as mundane as a dessert... I-I want to let Kaguya know that I'm gracious for taking me in here for the time being, and, more than that, to show even in some small way, that I'm not completely useless."
[x] "Please, Reisen!" Bow and clap your hands formally in begging for her help.

Combining two of Reisen's favorite flavors: The feeling of being needed, and being respected as an individual. She'll melt.
>> No. 16018
[x] “But... can I make it? With your help, I mean.”
[x] "Even if it's something as mundane as a dessert... I-I want to let Kaguya know that I'm gracious for taking me in here for the time being, and, more than that, to show even in some small way, that I'm not completely useless."
[x] "Please, Reisen!" Bow and clap your hands formally in begging for her help.

Melt the bunny! Melt the bunny!
>> No. 16019
File 124242861728.jpg - (226.28KB, 480x677, a61c7acaef6e131602a88a7cdfcda971.jpg) [iqdb]
16019
>>Combining two of Reisen's favorite flavors: The feeling of being needed, and being respected as an individual.

By taking her offer to make a delicious treat, just for the two of you, and making it about YOU making it for someone else?

Wow. I mean, just...just wow.

A girl wants to do something nice for you, and you think you'll earn points with her by turning it into you doing something nice for another girl? I don't think you've thought this all the way through, Anon.
>> No. 16020
[x] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
>> No. 16021
Going with
[x] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
>> No. 16022
[x] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
>> No. 16023
Well, have to go. But be back within an hour or two. And I'll write then since I want to FUCKING ADVANCE FASTER. So yeah voting technically open till then. Knock yourselves out.
>> No. 16024
>>16019

You don't understand the moon rabbit at all. Reisen's love is not a jealous one or that of ownership. We see it best in the absolute loyalty to Eirin and Kaguya. While sometimes she feels unappreciated, she can press on because she truly wants to be of use to people.

Remember when Shirou was laying in Kaguya's lap and then Kaguya tells you that Reisen went "HNNG"? That's the kind of reaction you'll get here. The frank lack of artifice is Shirou's drawing point; he's similar to the princess in that way.
>> No. 16025
[] “...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”
>> No. 16026
File 124245717492.jpg - (63.67KB, 500x500, 523deab1f683efbf97ad75b8ecdf4701.jpg) [iqdb]
16026
>>16024
Perhaps you're right, perhaps you're not. It would probably be better if you were, I suppose.
Unfortunately, barring a sudden shift in the winds, I doubt we'll find out how that particular write-in would work out either way.

Shame. Getting her to HNNNNNNNNNNNNG while we were still conscious would be quite something, wouldn't it?
>> No. 16027
File 124245966159.png - (43.35KB, 396x225, hnnnng.png) [iqdb]
16027
>>16026

YOU...YOU DOUBLE
>> No. 16028
File 124246477883.jpg - (285.02KB, 1000x800, ecatn.jpg) [iqdb]
16028
Sorry. Update mostly done, but I've got to call it a night. Update as soon as I wake up and whatever.
>> No. 16030
>Unfortunately, barring a sudden shift in the winds, I doubt we'll find out how that particular write-in would work out either way.

Relatively strict adherence to given options is a matter of course in this story. Ingenuity and ambition are eliminated by jerrymandering the vote--"i'll write when the vote I want wins". In the event a write-in does get through, your protagonist suffers in brutal, pernicious, and wholly unexpected consequences. So the good readers and writers become less-and-less involve with the story itself and merely watch on with a perverse appreciation of horror.

Those true blue readers increasingly (and predictably) adopt voting strategies where they pick the option that would seem to lead to the least harm, as opposed to the one that would lead to the most benefit. This is why any one of the girls can drag Shirou around doing anything she wants to him, not caring what appointments he misses, because he at least knows the person in front of him has some use for him. He does this sometimes to a point where he starts to visibly annoy them (e.g., Reisen) or they start using him as a whipping boy to take out their frustrations on.

After all, there's the large percentage of the time where he can't find who he's looking for, leading him to either 1. wallowing self-pity, or 2. finding another person he can along with, even if this would put him at odds with who he originally wanted to see, because to Shirou that other person might not even exist anymore!

Shirou's got only one trick to his name (and no no reality marbles or other Type-Moon superpowers); it's something that Teruyo locked at the start of second run: His mind is an endless ocean of credulity, rich for spoil. It can be a pretty good trick, especially when dealing with people who'd normally be attempting to communicate with you on more levels than you choose to acknowledge. It can even at times unnerve his torturers when he looks them right in the eye and affirms that he has complete and utter faith in them.

But like all things of that nature, but once they realize there is no Rubicon to cross--that he truly is incorrigibly stupid--they'll become disinterested in him, leaving him to share in the same fate as their servitor Reisen, or if he's lucky enough to become destroyed wholly by Eirin's drugs, euthanasia.
>> No. 16031
File 124251638294.jpg - (163.66KB, 600x600, rcswd.jpg) [iqdb]
16031
“...But nothing. Let's go, I'll even help you.”

Reisen brightened up with my words. “I'm looking forward to your cooperation then.” She nodded happily and led the way to the kitchen, a whimsical bounce to her every step.

Cooking is fun. And you certainly enjoy cooking for yourself and others. You put on the apron that Reisen gave you and get right to it. Getting the material, cracking eggs, mixing this and that, you create a delicious treat in no time flat. It's fun being around her, and she appears to enjoy the experience immensely as well. It's not long before you move beyond custard, flexing your culinary muscles to show off your own (usually unappreciated) talents.

She watches with some amazement as you cook, apparently not ever having thought you capable of making an omelet, much less the best stir-fried vegetables and sauce in existence. Funny that, but you don't particularly care, grinning from ear to ear as you're praised for your skill. It's definitely more fun when you're cooking for others.

And it does end up that you cook for not only yourself and Reisen, but for most of Eientei. Probably drawn by the smell of food, several rabbits show up. You don't mind sharing your creations with them and end up spending time eating together as a group.

“They sure are a hungry little bunch, huh?”
“Yes. I'm surprised they're eating this though.” Reisen comments. “Save for a few individuals, they don't really like food with this much seasoning.”
“It won't harm them, right?” You think about what little you know about a rabbit's nutritional needs. The sauce can't be good for them.
“Probably not. They're only taking small nibbles.”
“Good.” You move from main course to desert. “This is really good, you know.”
“We did a good job then.” She smiles, “I sure could use more help like that in the kitchen.”
“I just followed your instructions.” You say humbly, “It was nothing really.”
“Well, it was nice cooking together. It made something usual for me more fun.”

Yeah, it was fun for you...

“Is anything wrong?” She asks. “You looked really serious just now.”
“I was just thinking about how it's been fun for me. I mean here, in Eientei, in general.”
“And that makes you feel bad?” She didn't really seem to understand what you meant by it.
“No, not really. I mean sort of. I've just had a lot on my mind lately.”
“Is this about Lady Kaguya then?” Her guess is spot-on.
“Yes. Mostly.”
“I see.” She nods, looking like she understands. “If you don't mind me asking... why are you here then?”
“Eientei? Because there's no other place I'd rather be right now.” You say the same thing you told Kaguya.
“No, that's not what I meant. That's nice. But I meant why are you sitting down and eating with a bunch of rabbits. I mean, your mind is obviously somewhere else. I mean, no offense, but I did find it a bit odd that you'd spend time with me out of the blue like that.”
“Was that really weird? I mean, there's nothing wrong with me spending time with you is there? I mean I like you well enough. There's nothing wrong with me spending time with people I get along with, is there?”
“No there isn't.” She says soberly, not showing any sign of the girlish displays that you have occasionally seen her display with you. “And I really enjoyed spending time with you here as well. Like I said, cooking was very fun. But it's obvious that I'm not the most important thing on your mind right now. Nor am I probably supposed to be.”
“And why is that?”
“Because it's obvious to everyone here that something pretty big is going on. I know only some things, some things you probably don't know as well, but it's not like you need to know those to realize it. I mean, you wouldn't have to be here years like I have to know it. It's not every day that master decides to do something as strange as that. And it's not every day that Lady Kaguya spends most of the time locked in her room, looking that worried.”
“...How worried is she?”
“I've only delivered meals, and haven't seen her very well. But you should probably already know how much, I feel.”
“That much, huh?” You let out a sigh, as Reisen tells you what you probably didn't want to admit.
“I don't know you very well, but I think that you're running away.” She looks at you with an empathic gleam in her eye, “I've been there, trust me. And it's natural, I think. But it's not good for you.”
“...”

You don't know whether to feel understood, misunderstood, or even somewhat angry with her assumption. Truth be told, you aren't really sure what the truth is. It's been conveniently locked away in a part of your mind that you've refused to acknowledge consciously. After all, it's much easier to live for just the moment.

“So what should I do now?” You ask yourself out loud, but Reisen replies as if you'd have asked her.
“That's something you have to decide. I can't make the decision for you.” She smiles, making you feel warm on the inside.

[] Talk to Reisen about what's been going on
[] Excuse yourself now
>> No. 16032
[x] Talk to Reisen about what's been going on

Sometimes it takes sharing info with others in order to sort through one's own matters and thoughts.
>> No. 16034
[X] Excuse yourself now

Again. We've left our NEET alone too long, Reisen even called us out on it.
>> No. 16035
>“I see.” She nods, looking like she understands. “If you don't mind me asking... why are you here then?”

She's giving you frank advice: See the princess.

>But I meant why are you sitting down and eating with a bunch of rabbits. I mean, your mind is obviously somewhere else. I mean, no offense, but I did find it a bit odd that you'd spend time with me out of the blue like that.

It was obvious even to her that you've been running away from this.

>“Because it's obvious to everyone here that something pretty big is going on. I know only some things, some things you probably don't know as well, but it's not like you need to know those to realize it. I mean, you wouldn't have to be here years like I have to know it. It's not every day that master decides to do something as strange as that. And it's not every day that Lady Kaguya spends most of the time locked in her room, looking that worried.”

Things are getting weird. The princess is wigging out. It's not you, but you're definitely involved. Reisen can't cheer the princess up, so you have to do it.

>“That much, huh?” You let out a sigh, as Reisen tells you what you probably didn't want to admit.

A frank admission from the protagonist himself.

>“That's something you have to decide. I can't make the decision for you.” She smiles, making you feel warm on the inside.

That smile is because she believes that you'll make the Right Decision. Asking to stay here with her in the padded room is essentially telling her, 'I can't make decisions. I am dependent on you.'

She'll do it. Certainly, she would, but it doesn't change the fact that this dependency makes her burden just that much heavier.

If you are a member of the household, you have to be willing to put household affairs first. Reisen knows this, it why she empathizes with you. She doesn't want to see you suffer because of misunderstandings you are too meek to rectify.

[X] Excuse yourself now
>> No. 16036
[X] Excuse yourself now
>> No. 16037
File 124252676888.jpg - (784.40KB, 1200x1301, 4189137.jpg) [iqdb]
16037
>>16031
[X] Excuse yourself now
[X] Bring any left over custard
[X] Check PDA: time & any new messages
>> No. 16038
[X] Excuse yourself now
[X] Bring any left over custard
[X] Check PDA: time & any new messages

lets go!
>> No. 16039
File 124253744423.jpg - (176.07KB, 750x1500, 1230410987372.jpg) [iqdb]
16039
>>16037

Can't help but think a Kaguya yukkuri is watching through that mass of hair.
[!/] Excuse yourself now

[!/] Bring any left over custard
[!/] Check PDA: time & any new messages
>> No. 16040
[X] Excuse yourself now
[X] Bring any left over custard

Forget the PDA for now. I know it doesn't take much time, but aside from being yet another distraction Shirou does not need right now, it also will make things take even longer to progress than they have already. We need to get at least SOMETHING resolved with Kaguya before the day is out. After two impassioned speeches and a full day of her avoiding us, we just have to.
>> No. 16042
[X] Thank Reisen once again
[X] Excuse yourself now
[X] Bring any left over custard
[X] Do NOT even think about the damn PDA, instead focus on what you're gonna say to Kaguya

Counter-voting ahoy!
>> No. 16043
[X] Excuse yourself now
[X] Bring any left over custard
[X] Check PDA: time &
>> No. 16044
[x] Bring any left over custard.
[x] Don't bring your PDA, you idiot.
>> No. 16047
[X] Excuse yourself now
[X] Bring any left over custard
>> No. 16048
Sorry, but no update for now, because even on a weekend I've been kept unbelievably busy. Will write later today sometime though, maybe I'll have something before 20:00 server time.

>>16030
Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier but eh. I'm sorry to say that your jaded view simply is not correct. Write-ins are both encouraged and have been relatively prominent in the story. To no occurences of "brutal, pernicious, and wholly unexpected consequences". In fact, if a write-in is lacking slightly, I'll often help along using voter intent for the best possible results in a situation. So please do provide evidence for your statement, otherwise I'll have to disagree with you wholly there.

'Jerrymandering the vote'? Again, please provide evidence of your claim. I cannot prove that I haven't due to the nature of these stories, so it's my word really. But I assure you I have often written out choices I would have not made, and have kept a consistant method of tallying up votes. I've explained this in detail in previous posts.


The interpretation of the rest is interesting, and no doubt if you see it that way, there may be others that do as well. That's unfortunate if that's the case. But well, I've always claimed that I encourage open discussion, and my reply is just really an extension of that policy. As long as things remain civil, then I don't really mind. If you wish me to discuss the other points you brought up, I will, but I think that getting into generalizations over plot devices is a bit tedious.
>> No. 16055
File 124267614083.jpg - (259.40KB, 800x1006, 108ceb159197460842a5ee54e3e44ca4.jpg) [iqdb]
16055
I'm jonesing for a update manhandling.
Is this bad????/??/
>> No. 16067
File 124279120973.jpg - (158.25KB, 2119x1318, ksrl.jpg) [iqdb]
16067
[x] Excuse yourself now

You know what needs to be done. Thanking Reisen for a nice time, you get up from the table and leave. Not without first grabbing a little something for Kaguya, of course. It's strangely liberating to finally be walking towards Kaguya's room instead of spending time avoiding it. Whatever reasons you had for not coming earlier, both the selfish and 'unselfish' ones, seem to have never existed as far as you're concerned and anxiety turns into mild excitement.

A quick, almost mechanical and certainly compulsive, glance at your PDA shows that it's late at night. Time really flew with Reisen. It shouldn't have surprised you that you wasted so much time cooking and doing nothing, but it still does. Even though it's nearly 11pm, you suspect that Kaguya is still awake. There's nothing else that catches your eye on the main screen, so you put it away without checking any programs.

You knock. Your light raps echoing in the dark and empty hallway and disturbing the still night. Somehow you expected Kaguya's door to be locked, barricaded somehow, but instead the door opens almost immediately and you find yourself face to face with Kaguya.

“Hi there. I brought a little something for you.” There's a cheery tone to your voice that you don't entirely know where it came from. It makes you feel a bit anxious again – the fact that your body is taking decisions without your input, that is.
“I see.” She looks at your hand and the small bowl. “I'm not very hungry though. Thanks anyways.” She takes the bowl and steps back, moving to her table, all the while indicating for you to come in.

There's a light on in her room, but somehow the whole place looks darker than it normally would. It's perhaps a bit silly to say, but it's like the light is being extinguished midway through its voyage. You close the door behind you and take a seat opposite Kaguya. She looks at the sweet in the bowl with a curious expression, and you think that she might try it. But she doesn't, pushing the bowl away from her and then looking up at you with an almost pained look. Your body maintains its pleasant outlook while your mind begins to panic somewhat.

“It's late.”
“For what?”
“Nothing in particular. I'm just saying it's late.” Her words escaped her like an loud sigh. “It's dark and you're here.”
“...And that's a problem? It wouldn't be the first time we were together like this.”
“It certainly wouldn't be. And...”
“And...?”
“Hopefully it won't be the last.” There wasn't a smile behind her words. It made you wonder.
“Does that mean what I think it does?”
“Most likely. After much thought, I think that it just might be alright letting you stay.”
“Thank you. That's what I wanted.” You thank your buddy sincerely.
“Don't thank me for something that selfish and reckless. I'm no friend at all, putting you in possible danger.”
“It's nothing I can't handle I think.” You smile at her. “Besides, two heads are better than one right? If something does happen you'll have me to back you up.”
“That's what I'm afraid of.”
“Hey, that's insulting, you know.”
“I apologize then.” There's a bit of the same old good humor that manifests itself on her face for a moment, “I'd never make fun of a good buddy.”
“That's that then.”

That was that. But somehow, you didn't feel any better. Something still weighed your heart, and you didn't know what it was. Evidentially Kaguya didn't feel any better either; her worry was written clearly her expression and she still looked at you with a bit of unease in her eye.

“Well...” You both speak at the same time, leading to both of you clamming up.
“Uh, please go ahead.” You yield to Kaguya.
“It might be best that I speak first. Since you're staying, it's only fair that I tell you about things.”
“You mean what's had you worried?”
“Parts of it have weighed upon my mind, yes.” She says it as if it were the first time she admitted it to herself. It makes you worry. “I think Eirin might be better at explaining overall, but I'll tell you what it is that I can. Oh, not all of it is bad. It's just a lot of stuff.”
“Please tell me everything that you have to. I'll listen for as long as its necessary.” You get up and move closer to Kaguya, sitting at an angle to her left.
“Thank you. I suppose that I would have to tell you about a lot of things, not just the actual problem. Like more about where I came from.” There's an uneasy emphasis on her words, from her past non-committal answers, you know that it's a subject she doesn't enjoy that much. “It's not exactly the kind of history and stories I've told you about in passing. I'm afraid it's much more real and dull than I care to admit.”
“...But it's necessary to tell me?”
“It probably is. Just like it probably is necessary to tell you about this land here and how it works. This is a subject I'm not sure I can explain that well, but just a general idea will do. It's better to know something, rather than nothing. If you want I'll get Eirin to talk more about it later.”
“I'm sure I could ask her myself.”
“She's very busy now, so we'll see about that.” You don't say anything back to her, like how you think she looks anything but busy. “Then there's not much else to say except the problem itself. But that has to wait until we've got the background information out of the way. We have a fair amount of time now, I gather, so I can be as thorough as you like.”
“I appreciate it.” You remind her of what you said the other day, “I'll be here with you no matter what happens.”
“...Thank you.” Her sincere thanks makes you start to believe that just maybe things will be alright. After all, why wouldn't they be? You're going to be where you want to be.

Choose up to two:

[] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[] Ask her about her background
[] Ask what's going through her mind and what she's feeling right now
[] Write in (single idea)

---
Why two? There's a reason. Mostly because I want to write faster less-walls-of-text updates for this dialog. So it gives more chances for write-ins and such. Also because it helps me structure better. And a couple of other things. Do keep the write(s) to a single idea/conversation topic (each?) please. This doesn't exclude actualy words/dialog, just the 'topic' if you chose to use the write-in.
>> No. 16068
[X] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[X] Ask her about her background

this post, it makes me happy ;_;
>> No. 16069
[!/] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[!/] Ask her about her background
>> No. 16070
[X] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[X] Ask her about her background

Good as places as any to begin, I figure.
>> No. 16071
[X] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[X] Ask her about her background
>> No. 16072
[X] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[X] Ask her about her background

Can't go wrong with simplicity for now.
>> No. 16073
[X] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[X] Ask her about her background

Sometimes the bandwagon isn't so bad!
>> No. 16074
[X] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[X] Ask her about her background
>> No. 16075
File 124285490212.jpg - (21.31KB, 350x297, 1242631195511.jpg) [iqdb]
16075
>>16073

>Sometimes the bandwagon isn't so bad!

Wut
>> No. 16076
[x] Ask her for information on Gensokyo
[x] Ask her about her background

Basics first I suppose.
>> No. 16096
Teruyo, you're going Scorn on us.

And that is not good.
>> No. 16097
>>16096

So he's gonna start writing /d/-type shock? Do not know if want.
>> No. 16098
File 124302399797.jpg - (24.19KB, 450x168, 1242499229450.jpg) [iqdb]
16098
>>16097

I'd rather Teruyo's yandere Reisen.
>> No. 16099
File 12430286983.jpg - (477.13KB, 630x828, good girls.jpg) [iqdb]
16099
Wait, what?
>> No. 16101
>>16099

I CANNOT BEAT MY MEAT TO TITS ON THIS NEET

Update, nigger
>> No. 16102
File 124305094713.jpg - (503.95KB, 1024x768, awesome Kaguya.jpg) [iqdb]
16102
>>16101
What about these?

Updates soon. promise
>> No. 16103
File 124305387698.jpg - (63.91KB, 561x415, wut.jpg) [iqdb]
16103
>>16102
>> No. 16104
>>16101
>>16102
I don't care what anyone else says. I will always feel neat beating meat to the NEET.

Now, if only that picture could wind up related to a future post. If only, if only...
>> No. 16106
File 124309655587.jpg - (80.87KB, 642x643, bdb9012850ff205fd6bc4649c9de0d67cb12d69a.jpg) [iqdb]
16106
Kaguya is drawn with a healthy chest more frequently than Mokou.
>> No. 16124
File 124320807538.jpg - (910.69KB, 1280x1280, promotionalposter.jpg) [iqdb]
16124
N-EET!

A heart warming story of a NEET trying to find her place in a not so musical land!
Starring:
Eirin Yagokoro as the proper and mature lady.
Two Inabas of the Earth and Moon!
Tewi Inaba as the down-to-earth and upbeat best friend of the tall, shy, otherworldly and unsure Reisen Udongein Inaba!*
And Kaguya Houraisan, the black haired scatter brained heroine!

Disclaimer: DoaLF has been canceled put on hiatus as the writer has been forced by YAKCORP decided to write this new spin-off!

Be sure to watch other YAKCORP originals such as Gensokyo Academy: Alter, Involuntary Pedagogic Fantasy,
Pirates of Gensokyo, Touhou Noir, A Different Place, and Demon Castle Remilia X Symphony of Scarlet!

*Popularity of The Inaba of the Moon may overshadow the main heroine and cast. Viewer distraction is advised.
>> No. 16126
File 124321265821.jpg - (403.95KB, 697x831, persuasion.jpg) [iqdb]
16126
>>16124

When I was first approached by my local Friendly YakCorp Liason™, I must admit I was skeptical. After all, I was already doing various projects on three different boards in THP - starting up a new story would just serve to further drain my mostly sapped energy reserves. But well, that's the thing with YakCorp. When they've got a Great Idea®, they just have to share it with the world. In short, they wouldn't take no for an answer. Naturally, after hearing their compelling arguments I began to see the light. Their further persuasion was a nice bonus, which I admit has me all gung-ho for more writing the story.

Look forward to the new and exciting adventures of the lovable Lunarian gang on N-EET!

Coming to /eientei/ never soon, or my name isn't Willibald Lutz! It's not.

...

Regular updates coming as soon as I write the damn thing, which I'm starting in about 10 minutes
>> No. 16131
>>Be sure to watch other YAKCORP originals such as

But some of those haven't had new episodes in ages!
Why must you taunt me with re-runs, YakCorp?
>> No. 16132
>But some of those haven't had new episodes in ages!

PROTIP:They never will
>> No. 16133
File 12432294403.jpg - (194.10KB, 800x600, jerk.jpg) [iqdb]
16133
>>16132
Oh, sure, just twist that knife deeper, why don't you?
>> No. 16135
>>16106

Uncropped please?
>> No. 16136
File 124323296681.jpg - (48.18KB, 600x800, klss.jpg) [iqdb]
16136
“Well then, I guess that I'll tell you what little I know.” There's a polite self-depreciative undertone.

You ask Kaguya first about Gensokyo.

“Ah yes, Gensokyo.” There's a pleasant smile on the princess' face, even a complete stranger could tell this was a subject she enjoyed. “As you know, it's a mystic land sealed off from the outside world. You might wonder what that means, and to tell you the truth, I'm not 100% sure either. Eirin's explained it to me, saying that there's a great barrier that keeps the quantum something or something else separate, but that doesn't really mean much to me. And probably it's the same for you.” You nod your head. Anyone would with such a vague description. “Anyways,” She continues, “It's like we're in our own universe, but at the same time we're within the greater universe. That's why we can see the moon and the stars like anywhere else on earth. But if you were to look from the outside, you couldn't see us most of the time.”
“Most of the time?” You feel that there's a unstressed emphasis on those words. “Does that mean that the outside can come in? Well, I mean, I'm here.”
“Yes, you are. And yeah, the outside can sometimes come in here. The barrier isn't uniform nor perfect. I don't know why, but whoever made it left some pretty big flaws. It occasionally allows for people and things to move in between the outside and here. And for those who know what they're doing, it's basically like having an open gate and matching entrance sign.”
“Sounds complicated.”
“You're telling me.” There's an understanding smirk on her lips. “That shrine maiden is the guardian of the barrier, and there are other beings who also take care of maintaining the balance of things.”
“Oh I see. So she does do something.” From what little you've seen, she's not exactly the most nice and reliable of persons.
“This is what lets Gensokyo be Gensokyo. The isolation from the outside. Without it, it'd be destroyed in no time. In a way, time has forgotten this place. Here humans live alongside monsters and creatures with no hesitation, accepting them as part of their daily lives. I may not be up-to-date with the outside, but I'm sure that the majority of people out there don't think that way.”
“If people knew about this place, I think they'd hunt down every single last creature for science.” And that's the better choice, you can easily see people simply using violence and destroying this place because of misunderstandings.
“Probably, mankind can be scary sometimes.”

You thought that that was an obvious understatement. But she seemed to be choosing her words carefully, so you didn't think it was a coincidence that she put it that way.

“Gensoyko is a strange utopia. Where anyone can live as they like, doing whatever they like. People here don't care who you are, and what you did, they'll just look at you funny if you say strange things and move along with their lives.”
“Nobody seemed to care that I was an outsider when I went to the village.”
“That's because you're not the first one. I've never met any others, but I've heard that there are dozens of people that arrived from the outside. Some leave again, but others stay, making lives for themselves here and starting anew. We're like that as well.” She displays a sober look of someone who understands their place. “We're not from this land, but we live here all the same. We came a long time ago, even before the barrier was up.”
“Wait.” You frown. “How long ago was that?”
“I'm not quite sure. I think over one hundred years ago at least.”

You focus, as you try to figure this one out. It apparently unsettles Kaguya, causing her to ask with an almost apologetic tone;

“Is anything the matter?”
“No, not really.”
“What's wrong?”
“Well, bear with me for a moment, will you. You're an outsider, right?”
“Yes.” There's a quizzical look of muted concern clouding her face.
“And you came to Eientei over one hundred years ago, right?”
“...more than that, I think. Is there something wrong with that?”
“Eh, well...” This is difficult to say to your buddy. But it has to be clarified. It's now or never.
“Yes?”
“It means that I'm younger than you!”

Kaguya's face looks deadly serious for a moment. Her eyes seem to scan your person, judging every fiber of your body. Then her lips quiver, her eyes twitch, and she burst out laughing. “Hahaha, oh wow, that's what you're making a big deal about? Ah-haha-hahaha. Didn't you know? Oh-ohohoho. I'm pretty sure you did.”

“Knew?” You reply, not joining her in laughing. “Well, they told me that you had been around for a while, but I didn't really believe it. I mean, really, buddy, you look like my age, maybe a bit younger. I've got to hand it to Eirin...”
“Haha, oh Shirou, stop it, you're killing me.” Kaguya slumps on the table, breaking any restraint that she was showing previously. Her eyes start tearing up from the laughter.
“Well, don't make fun of me. Would you believe it if I said I was over one hundred years old? I doubt it.” You frown.
“I guess, you do have a point.” She clutches her sides in between bouts of laughter. “But I thought you were going to ask something else, and oh man, the way you looked. Classic.”
“I guess it was a silly thing for me to think...” But it led to another question, “...so how old are you exactly.”

Kaguya stopped laughing.

“I'm afraid that that question will remain unanswered. It's rude to ask a lady, much less a princess her age.”
“Oh, don't be so uptight.” You prod at her verbally, “It's not like you're older than the dinosaurs. Plus, even though you're older than probably my whole family history, you look like the same old buddy to me.”
“Then leave it at that buddy.”
“Don't make me tickle.”
“Weren't you the ticklish one Or so you claimed one time...”
“I, uh, might have been. Not anymore, I outgrew it.” Crap, you'd forgotten you had divulged some sensitive information of that caliber.
“Sure. It must have been my other buddy that I brought to Gensokyo. Easy mistake.” There's a cunning smile on her face. Bad news for later. But for now you're relieved that she's acting more like the buddy you know and love.

There's a bit more of back and forth between the two of you before she realizes that she's supposed to be explaining things to you. There's not much else that you learn about Gensokyo other than Kaguya seems to enjoy it here.
>> No. 16137
You stifle a yawn.

“Tired? We can stop if you want.”
“It's okay.” You pinch your cheeks a bit. “It wouldn't be right to stop midway.”
“Fine, then I'll tell you about the moon now.” You lean in closer to listen. Kaguya's never told you about the moon before – well, not in detail. “As I'm sure you're aware there's people living on the moon. People like Eirin and I. Eirin helped found the civilization on the moon a long time ago. There's a lot that they teach on the moon about that, but really it's not important to go into details about that.”
“I am interested though.”
“Eirin is better at explaining that sort of thing than I am, and since she was actually there, she could tell you things I don't know about.”
“Well, just tell me whatever you think is important then.”

Kaguya leans forward on the table, edging closer towards you.

“Lunarians have massive cities all over the moon, and society there is very complex.”
“Wait, if they're everywhere, then how come we've never seen them.”
“You mean humans?” Kaguya smiles, “I don't mean to sound arrogant, but Lunarians are much more advanced in some ways than humans.”
“Only some?”
“Well, there's some things that Lunarians are lacking that make people on earth so interesting.” Wait, is she talking about you? No, that's not it. There's a deeper meaning behind it. If anything, you're just an example. “But otherwise, they can do whatever they want. So hiding the whole civilization is too easy.”
“I've seen some of the things from the moon here, they are certainly more advanced than whatever we have here on Earth.”
“I'm sure that if you asked Eirin, she'd explain what some of those things did.”
“She sort of has.”
“Oh?”

You quickly hint at your busy day today.

“Well, that sounds like something, but let's not get sidetracked now that I've decided to take time to explain things.”
“Sure.”
“Well, there's also moon rabbits and other creatures that live on the moon. Depending on where you go, they live different sorts of lives. Some live as pets and companions, while others work and help run society. They've got a nice relationship with us.”
“That's interesting. So there's a lot more people like Reisen out there, huh?”
“Countless amounts of rabbits like her. They're quite important for our society.”

Kaguya describes what the moon is physically like. You'd never have imagined actual oceans, verdant valleys, and majestic cities sweeping across the surface and underground. It all sounds really amazing, and you let Kaguya know as much.

“I guess I should explain a bit more about society. While there's a lot of kings and queens here on Earth...” Not anymore[i], you thought “On the moon wielding power is seen as something different. A lot of people spend time worrying about their own enlightenment and development and as such matters of government aren't seen as very important.”
“So people there are willfully ignorant?” You'd seen enough politics to understand that concept at least.
“That might be a nice way to put it. We might as a whole be a bit ignorant despite our knowledge of other things. I know I learned a lot of things I would have never learned after coming to Earth. But yes- day-to-day living isn't really monitored or organized like it is in most societies here. There's a council of representatives, they're mostly the founders and children of the founders. They oversee that there is progress towards the ideals that everyone believes in.”
“So it's not a democracy?”
“It sort of is. No one's word is necessarily better than the next person. Although experience is valued, the will of the majority tends to gravitate things in a certain direction in the day to day aspect.”
“But you're royalty, aren't you princess?” That's the first time you consciously admit that.
“Don't call me that. When it comes from you, it sounds wrong. But yes. And I'm a royal princess. There are other nobles as well.”

She lost you about there. The system of government came off as more and more complex as she started to get into it. It's sort of a democracy, but there's clearly an authoritarian aspect, an oligarchical aspect, and even republican aspects to the system. What you did realize, and probably Kaguya doesn't realize it herself, is that the nobility is more influential than she gives them credit for. While not malicious (at least that's the impression you get), they do seem like quite the influential and willful characters. Like something out of a historic play.

What really surprises you, however, is the bombshell that she drops next.

“We're the originators of magic, you know.”
“Huh, what?”
“That's right – it's because of us that magic can exist in places like these.” She states it casually, as if it were a given. “We created and are the source of magic. Without our civilization, a lot of the things here would be impossible.”
“And how did that come to be?”
“Again,” She smiles, “I'm sorry but I'm not entirely sure. It's something that's a closely-guarded secret of how things came to be. If anyone knew, it'd be Eirin. I can use what you would call magic, but I grew up knowing that I could. It has something to do with the purity of man and wisdom of the ages. I like old stories, but I cannot say much about things that are as complicated as that. Eirin once told me that it was due to the change of the balance of something or another in the world.”
“Ah.”

You don't quite understand. But it's alright.

“That's basically it.” She concludes.
“So why are you telling me all this?”
“In order to help you in understanding.”
“Understanding what?”
“You know...” There's that same depressed look as before. “the current situation.”
“And that would be?”
“Umm... it's... well, if you want you can ask some other questions first.” She changes the subject. “I'm sure that I did a poor job at explaining everything, so there's probably some things you don't understand. Or there might be something that you want to tell me as well. I mean, I know you're here to find things out, but it's still rude to be doing all of the speaking without regards to your feelings.”

[] “It's not good to keep avoiding the subject like this...”

Or , choose 2:

[] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use?”
[] “Why exactly are you on Earth, anyways?”
[] “Tell me what lunarians [i]do
, I mean, it's weird for them to just live hidden away from everyone.”
[] Tell her about your own day with Eirin
[] Write-in

---
Write-in rules are as before. For the sake of expendiency (har har, what a joke right?) limit the options.

>>16131
Subscribe to their Orange plan, it's a bit lightweight as far as content goes, but it's got a flexible range of options. And hey, it's not like it's going to claw at you anyways.
>> No. 16138
[x] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use?”
[x] “Tell me what lunarians do, I mean, it's weird for them to just live hidden away from everyone.”
>> No. 16139
File 124323454279.jpg - (151.26KB, 840x660, 9eb77ae9ff7f4b68f0198032025e6dfd.jpg) [iqdb]
16139
[!/] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use?”

In during a branch? Lameee
[!/] “Tell me what lunarians do, I mean, it's weird for them to just live hidden away from everyone.”

peach eating moe~
>> No. 16140
[Z] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use?”
[Z] “Can you teach me?”
[Z] “Why exactly are you on Earth, anyways?”

I'm a rebel.
>> No. 16141
[X] “Tell me what lunarians do, I mean, it's weird for them to just live hidden away from everyone.”

You're asking this from a shut-in, living a secluded existence in a magic bamboo forest that causes almost everyone who enters to become lost, which is itself in a magic bubble world, cut off from the Outside?
>> No. 16146
[x] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use?”
[x] “Why exactly are you on Earth, anyways?”
>> No. 16153
File 124330717123.png - (41.47KB, 276x600, closedgap.png) [iqdb]
16153
Come now, I know I haven't updated for a while, but I'm going to need more votes than that. I have a contract with YakCorp, and if I don't do my part they'll cut off my legs and I need those to walk give me a very stern reprimand and I'm a sensitive person. And they love hate doing that sort of thing .

Ohgodohgodohgodohgod - they're going to feed my own ground-up legs to me. Oh skittles and sunshine!

You can tell just how messed up nice they are from the encyclopedia entries.

It's a symbiotic relationship, or so I'm told. The more you vote and spend on YakCorp merchandise, the faster I write.
>> No. 16157
[X] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use?”
[X] “Why exactly are you on Earth, anyways?”

Oh, fine. I was more for nipping this thing in the bud, but knowing how the company's tech support can be, I suppose I should play nice and go with the flow for now.

Hell hath no fury like a YakCorp scorned.
>> No. 16158
[+] "So, magic. What kind of magic can you use?"
[+] "Why exactly are you on Earth, anyways?"

>>16153
Sorry, Teruyo, we're not used to you updating so frequently. We'll get better, honest.
>> No. 16159
[x] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use? Can you teach me?”
[x] “Why exactly are you on Earth, anyways?" Then let your eyes widen in horror and outrage. "You, you're here to steal our precious gravity, aren't you!"
>> No. 16168
>>16159
haha. goofy, but I like it.
>> No. 16171
[x] “So, magic. What kind of magic can you use? Can you teach me?”
[x] “Why exactly are you on Earth, anyways?" Then let your eyes widen in horror and outrage. "You, you're here to steal our precious gravity, aren't you!"
>> No. 16177
File 124337092246.png - (220.39KB, 800x600, KM - not in snow.png) [iqdb]
16177
I won't be able to update for at least half a day it'd seem. I'm at a YakCorp reeducation camp busy with excessive amounts of work right now. The good news, however is thatthey've decided to let me keep my legs for now after I'm done with today, I'll be relatively free for a while. So that would most likely equate to much more frequent updates (Omnissiah willing) for at the very least a week or two and maybe beyond.

I think that the votes are numerous enough to be called, although I've only tallied quickly and mentally. In any case, until I actually am able to write, it's open for votes/comments/discussion/deliciouspairings as always. And there will probably be a new thread.
>> No. 16180
>>16177

(゚∀゚)
>> No. 16181
File 124339225335.jpg - (197.99KB, 1304x1040, ReisenUdongeinInabauer.jpg) [iqdb]
16181
>>16177
Oh, don't worry. Things like taking off your legs, breaking your kneecaps, and other such threats against your extremities tend to be merely threats unless you're a debtor who has defaulted on his payments or something.

If it's work they're trying to get out of you, such injuries would only serve to further hinder your efficiency and overall productivity. Very bad for business. No, more than likely they'd just do very unpleasant, but non-incapacitating, things to your face and non-essential parts of your body. Things that wouldn't kill you or limit your ability to work, but would perhaps give you less of a reason to want to go out in public, or do anything else that might serve to distract you from the duties at hand.
>> No. 16183
File 124341816093.gif - (1.96KB, 128x94, ultros.gif) [iqdb]
16183
>Reisen Udongein Inabauer

Her spin-off story wouldn't be called 24. Oh no.
It would be called 50years
>> No. 16185
File 12434266217.jpg - (618.03KB, 2130x1485, klzih.jpg) [iqdb]
16185
“Hey this looks like fun.”

In an idyllic and stable land...

“Huh, look at this... the setup says something, 'prepare for a fun time for he comes!'. Games are getting weirder and weirder...”

The curiosity of one bored shut-in is about to change things forever

“Start, Hard, let's go... hm... what's wrong? The- it's stuck!”

Evil spreads easily when we least expect it to.

“Master? What's wrong? You're so quiet today-”
“Hehehe-”
“What?! Master? Get a hold of yourself! Master!? Noooo-!”

“Eirin? Reisen? I was trying to play something and then my computer stopped working – huh, why is it all so dark in here?”

A reluctant heroine, must now fight against the forces of pandemonium. Battling everything and everyone, even those she used to call 'friend'.

“Take that, you foul creature! How'dya like the taste of chainsaw, ya asshole!? Not feeling so evil now, are you?”

Even former rivals have become... much more.

“KAAAAAAAAAGUUUUUUUUURRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WEEEEEE FIIIIIIIIIINNIIIIIIIISHHHHHH THIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS NOW!”
“Not if my boomstick here has anything to say about it.”
“GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! DIIIIIIE!”
"Ahahahaahahaaha! Wonderful, you haven't changed at all! Let us kill ourselves again, for old time's sake!"

What would you do if everything you once knew was corrupted? And everything wants to corrupt you?

“GOD DAMN TENTACLES! TAKE THIS!”
“YOOUUU CANT SSSSTOP USSSSSS!”
“Inaba? Is that you?”
“No. SSSShh. Weeee areeee ZALGO!”

Day of the Tentacle, the movie. Produced by Yakfilm Incorporated and by Yagokoro Pharmaceuticals Limited.

Even immortals have their breaking point.

"It's showtime."

Coming to theaters soon.

---
Yeah update coming as soon as I get sleep. Relative freedom wooohoo! Promise plenty of updates later. Definitely new thread since this has autosaged.

>>16183
EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.

>>16181
I wouldn't worry about the threats that much if I hadn't seen what they did to- [THE YAKCORP INTERNAL REVIEW BOARD HAS DECIDED THAT THESE CONTENTS ARE BEST EDITED OUT - YR] ...And then they made him do it himself. Not to mention that Y. Pharmaceuticals has these new drugs that can keep a man going despite all that happening. Hell they can even make you like it with a high enough dose.
>> No. 16188
>>16185
Oh god, why does the thought of Kaguya going around, sawed-off shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw in the other, covered in blood and gore and spouting off one-liners like Ash make me HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG?
>> No. 16192
File 12434987252.jpg - (211.51KB, 633x1616, himecuts.jpg) [iqdb]
16192
>>16185

HARK!

LET THERE BE MORE HIMECUTS
We require more himecuts.
>> No. 16195
File 124354629077.jpg - (370.62KB, 560x700, 0f8c467ca4fd9c7a9a2a2e384622932f.jpg) [iqdb]
16195
>>16192
IT IS DELICIOUS HAIR
YOU MUST STROKE IT
>> No. 16202
>>16188
Because you are malfunctioning.

Also
>sawed-off shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw on the other
Fixed.
>> No. 16203
File 124365424762.jpg - (228.78KB, 645x2912, 1243650537811.jpg) [iqdb]
16203
I'll just leave this here........
>> No. 16204
File 124365428885.jpg - (129.54KB, 645x2848, 1243650707024.jpg) [iqdb]
16204
>> No. 16205
File 124365445362.jpg - (100.74KB, 645x2863, middle.jpg) [iqdb]
16205
>>16203
>>16204
Missed something there cap'n.

And new thread up within 20 minutes despite my overwhelming urge to rewrite everything.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x