- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 15378)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 123937506748.jpg - (181.13KB, 661x920, tsuki-what.jpg) [iqdb]
15378 No. 15378
A painful sensation on your left cheek causes you to wheeze. Your lungs burn, and the air tastes like metal. Your body feels weighed down and you wriggle, trying to move about.

“Guys, he's still alive. You can stop now.” Tewi's casual remark coincides with a sizable weight being lifted off of your body. You open your eyes, immediately squinting due to the pain. You make out Tewi's figure hovering near your face. “You're a faithful little puppy, aren't you?”
“You came back for me...” Your voice is raspy. You realize that you're no longer in the middle of the smoky hell.
“I said I would, and I did.” She says in a smart ass way. This is where you'd normally get angry with her, but damn it, you're a softy after near-death experiences. You mumble out thanks. “The rabbits also helped to drag you out of there. Thank them as well. They also helped you breathe on your own again.”
“Thanks.” You close your eyes, tearing up due to the extreme irritation. “What happened? Is everyone alright? Did they manage to put out the fire?”
“That was no fire.”
“Huh?” You open your eyes out of confusion. The immediate sting makes you regret your decision. Wincing, you decide that if you're already screwed you might as well keep your eyes open. It's now that you see that you're indoors, in one of the many identical rooms in Eientei. Tewi is still wearing the face mask and there are a couple of rabbits off in a corner. “But all the smoke-?”
“Where there's smoke, there's not always fire. This was something different.”
“What was it then?” You cough. It feels like your lungs are full of soot. When you swallow, it feels like there's a brillo pad in your mouth.
“Something big, that's what. To tell you the truth, I was off in my own little corner, minding my own business when I heard those booms. After securing my assets, I naturally came to investigate.”
“You didn't see anything?” You breathe in deep. While it hurts to do so, you figure that the sooner that you get clean air in there, the better.
“When I got there I found you. You looked like you had been smoked and cured. I looked around for a few more minutes before coming back to get you. You were passed out and just now woke up.”
“How long was I out?”
“Not long. It couldn't have been more than an hour.”
“And the smoke?”
“Gone.” Tewi shrugs. “I went to look just now, and there's not a single sign that there was all that smoke just an hour ago. There's holes and craters all over the place, but no signs of fire or anything like it.”
“What about the others?”
“They're fine. None of them were there apparently. When I asked Reisen what was going on, she said she didn't know.”
“Nothing more?”
“Not really...”
“Sounds like there is something else.”
“Eh, well, it's obvious, isn't it?” Tewi lowers her mask.
“What is?”
“That Reisen knows more about what happened. She's not good at lying, you know.”
“Ah. So have any idea what it is?”
“Something that Eirin doesn't want people to know. It's the only reason Reisen would lie to me.”
“This is Eirin's doing then?”
“Maybe.” Tewi acts like this is no business of hers. “Anything that Eirin doesn't want to be known, stays unknown. I'm not about to go digging up things when there's no benefit for me. Try asking yourself if you really want to know. All I know is that nothing happened this afternoon. And word to the wise – you'll be happier if you say the same thing.”
“My, you make it sound like I'm some sort of dangerous hoodlum.” A third voice, Eirin's, comes from the door. You turn to see her standing there with a broad smile on her face. “I find the idea that I just make things disappear simply preposterous. Only in fiction do people have powers like that.”
“Oh, I didn't mean anything by it.” Tewi is quick on her feet. “Just trying to save you some trouble with boring talk. Speaking of which, I've really got to do some boring things right now. Right guys?” She looks to the rabbits, they agree with their eyes. “I'll catch you all later.”
“That's a shame.” Eirin lets the rabbit troupe slip by her unchallenged. “Well then, it's just the two of us.” Eirin steps forwards towards you. “It looks like you're a little worse for the wear – and judging by your appearance either extremely resilient or extremely lucky. It looks like you fell down a mine shaft head first.” Without asking, she groups your arm and feels your chest, checking your condition. “You'll be fine.” She concludes quickly. “Just a little rest and you'll be as good as new. It looks like you're really made out of some stern stuff.”
“What do you want with me?”
“None of your clever wit today? What a shame. I guess it doesn't matter much anyhow. Kaguya is calling for you.” She turns around and starts to walk. “Come along now.”
“Kaguya?” You get up. “What does she want? Is she alright?” You follow Eirin out of the room.
“She is quite alright really. She wants to speak to you about the little incident we had just earlier.” She stops in front of Kaguya's bedroom. “Go ahead, she's expecting you.” There's a weird look on her face as she stands aside, waiting for you to go in. You give her a puzzled look and step through inside. Eirin closes the door behind you.
Expand all images
>> No. 15379
The room looks the same as always. Kaguya is standing on the opposite end of the room, her arms crossed. There's a grim aura to her that you had never sensed before. Wholly as a reflex, your insides start to tie up in knots from just one look at her. This can't be good.

“You're here.” Kaguya states in a flat voice. Her usual candor is withdrawn and replaced by a somber dryness.
“What's wrong?”
“A lot of things.” She admits with a bitter smile on her face. “It looks like I've got some bad news.”
“Bad news?” You don't like the sound of that. You try to play it out as a joke. “If it's about the food, that's okay. I like my meals well-cooked anyways.”
“It's not about that.” Her solemn delivery aggravates your already hurting eyes and lungs.
“Then what is it? You can tell me whatever, you know that.”
“...” She closes her eyes briefly and takes a deep breath. You heartbeat is up due to the anticipation. “You can't stay here any more. You have to go home.”
“Alright, I'll go back to my room.” You outright refuse to hear the true meaning of her words.
“No. You don't understand.” Her words are cruelly blunt. “You have to leave Eientei and Gensokyo. As soon as possible.”
“...Why?” You manage to ask without bursting into tears. “Was it something I did.”
“No, nothing like that.” The human side of your friend begins to show again as she reluctantly shows sympathy for you. “It's just not safe here for you.”
“Is this about the incident just now? I was careless, but I don't think I would have died.”
“The incident just now is just part of it. I'm afraid that that sort of thing might just start to occur more frequently in the future. I can't guarantee your safety.” She speaks with confidence. “I cannot let anything happen to you on my watch. It just wouldn't be right.”
“You seriously can't expect me to just pack up and leave.” You still can't believe that this isn't a joke. Kaguya's sad gaze tells you that she isn't joking.
“It's easier if you cooperate. But if you don't, we can remove you forcibly.”
“That's insane! You can't do that! I don't want to!” Both anger and stubbornness manifest themselves. You can't believe that a close friend of yours would treat you like this. You demand that she give you an explanation.
“Look, I don't want to either. But it's for the best. As it stands, you're likely to wind up really hurt or worse if things keep going the way they do. Don't you believe me?”
“I believe you.” You calm down a bit in order to try to think properly. “Can't you tell me the whole story? I'm sure that things aren't as bad as you might think.”
“I'll be succinct; some parts of my past just don't seem like they want to go away. There's not much I can do to stop this, and while these specters still haunt me, you're not safe.” She looks at you seriously. “No matter what, I can't have you involved in this. I don't think I could live comfortably, knowing that I definitely led you to your doom.”
“It can't be that bad.”
“It's all that and worse. I'll be fine, but I doubt that everyone around me will be as well.”
“That doesn't change the fact that I don't want to leave.”
“It doesn't matter what you want. I'm sure that Eirin can help you forget everything before you go so you don't despair.”
“That's a cruel thing to say.” Kaguya said something that never should be said to a friend. “Do you think that even for a moment I'd want to forget all this? Being here was probably the most fun I had in my life. And you can't just be unilaterally deciding things for me. You owe me better than that. I'm sure that I'm not mistaken in believing that this isn't the way that close buddies treat one another.”
“Fine.” Kaguya sighs. “I guess I really do owe you better than this. At the very least I'll hear out why you'd want to stay. But mind you, I don't plan to change my mind. You're definitely going back.”

[] Persuasive write-in arguing your case
and/or
[] Write-in questions /conversation

---
Don't go with the first instinct to panic. This isn't an excercise in seeing a BAD END. Just getting bearings and processing information is good enough for now. It's hard to fuck this one up, despite appearances.
>> No. 15380
>It's hard to fuck this one up, despite appearances.

We'll see about that!

[x] "But I love you!"
[x] "...and Eirin, and Reisen, and Tewi, and Mokou, and Keine!"
[x] "And you stand by the ones you love. If there's a threat to this place, it's a threat to everyone. Tell me more about what's going on."
>> No. 15381
[x] "I was profoundly, even suicidally, depressed back home. I had no prospects for work or success, nor any motivation to find them. No friends. No future. No past, really--a hazy fog of triteness and banality. Even the present escaped me. Sending me back you sign my death warrant as surely as anything that might happen here. I know you can't see it from the mortal perspective, but less than the manner and immediacy of death, it is the quality of life that matters most. The relevant proverb is: 'You cannot shift an old tree without it dying. And as the tree falls, so shall it lie.' I may not be old, but I have put down roots, ones that extend past this mansion."
[x] "But you don't see it that way, which makes some sense considering the whole prison & human experimentation episode; why you didn't come to see me, why you knew what was coming, and looked away; it simply wasn't your problem."
[x] "Which brings me to my second point: You do have no responsibilities to me. You brought me here, yes, but unwillingly. It was because of our friendship that I accepted your offer of accommodations, not because it was a duty of yours, or a matter of restitution. I was fine with it then, my lack of a choice in the matter notwithstanding, because you brought me somewhere I was pleased to be. But if you did so again, when I'd already made a choice against it, this would be an egregious violation of trust, and I would surely come to hate you for it."
[x] "Third is a matter of personal sovereignty. You have no right. You may strip me bare, take all my belongings, demand fair compensation for room and board, and kick me out of your property. However, Gensokyo is not your property; outside these walls that you are so fond of, there are marvels to be witnessed and opportunities to be found."
[x] "Fourth is the lack of material evidence for such a danger for me in the future. Eirin medicated me into orbit, and almost killed me plenty of times. However this was a learning experience; know I know to stay the fuck away from her, to always listen to your advice, to always take Tewi's advice, and to realize that there is no act so vile that Reisen would not do it if Eirin had ordered her to do so. Now to me, it seems to me that my chances of survival are higher than ever. I have ingratiated myself with Tewi, pity mostly. I have interacted with your nemesis, but I've shown that I will not get caught in the middle of your fights. I get along pleasantly with the village, the humans, and the youkai. I have friends, outside this household, who would help me if I did so much as ask. More important than avoiding Eirin, is that she's not interested in me anymore. Even Tewi has stopped playing tricks on me. I may not be particularly intelligent, persuasive, witty, insightful, strong-willed, or driven, and in spite of all that, people just seem to like me."
[x] "Speaking of which, it's not only me who you would upset, I fear. I think some people would be saddened if I were to disappear, and I think the reason this is a difficult issue for you is that you would too. However, while you and I could still exchange IM communications, there is no such thing for everyone else. It would be selfish of you to think this is a non-issue for everyone else, even insulting."
[x] "And to think you put up so much resistance when I suggested something so trifling as a camping trip, which I still think would be good thing for us, by the way."
>> No. 15383
>>15381
>>15382
Pretty much what these two said in their wording.
>> No. 15384
File 123938902095.jpg - (128.36KB, 700x700, 4d1c079a7303d58022cbb6588e86fe6a.jpg) [iqdb]
15384
[X] She said it herself before, didn't she? You're a member of the household. She's more than your best friend in the world, she's your family. Her joy is your joy, her sorrow is your sorrow, and no matter what happens, good or bad, your place is with them, with her.
[X] Does she remember what she asked him before, about regretting coming here? Does she remember your response? If she asked you that same question now, after all that has happened, does she know what your answer would be? The exact same, and it won't change. Not now, not ever, even if the world itself were coming to an end.
[X] You understand how she feels, though. You know that you could never forgive yourself if you were in any way responsible for her coming to harm, either. But that's exactly why you don't want to leave, why you CAN'T leave. If this problem is so bad it puts everyone around her at risk, there's no way it won't be just as bad, if not worse, for her. Even if she says she'll be fine, what kind of friend would you be if you left her to face this on her own? When things are at their very worst for her is when you should be by her side the most, to hell with the consequences. That's not just what you think or feel, but what you KNOW to be right, in your mind, heart, and soul.
>> No. 15386
Blech. Waiting for a decent write-in to jump on may just prove time-wasting. Editting.

>>[+] "What am I to do when I get back? Pay weeks of due rent as if it were natural? I had no prospects for work or success, or any motivation to find them. If you send me back, without my memories here - however that works - I end up no better off. Send me back with them, and my apathy will be replaced by anxiety."
We simulate the original argument ("roots") twice according to the current tree, i.e., the part that begins "Speaking of which ..." I view the original choice with more scorn than pity, if that's what the original was trying for.

These next two parts are either insulting or presumptuous, I think. The host always retains the right to throw house guests out, or may do so if required due to emergency, but it is in bad etiquette. Which we then turn around and talk about; oi vey.

>>[+] "There is the lack of material evidence for such a danger for me in the future, smoke inhalation and over-medication notwithstanding."
The rest of this argument is just--yeah. We shouldn't go there. Cap it here.

>>[+] "You brought me here, to be blunt, without my consent, but I know you wouldn't have brought me to a place that was innately dangerous and I am also sure you would have been willing to send me back had I complained. I didn't because I like it here. I like Gensokyo, the Human Village and Eientei. I have friends here, in the mansion and the Village. Where is my choice to stay with them/you when it gets dangerous?"
Mostly for Yukari, because I know she's probably watching. She's Yukari. She's always watching.

>>[+] "Speaking of which, it doesn't sound like it would just be me being bothered by this, by the way you say it. Not only for the acquaintances I have outside of Eientei, who might be concerned about my sudden absence, but what about the Human Village? If none of Gensokyo is safe for me, what does that say about their odds? your odds?"
Let's be frank here. And, let's also be Shirou here.
>> No. 15387
>>15386
Oh, I had only commented my edited write-in choices to differentiate them from my discussion.
>> No. 15388
That's a bad write-in and you all should feel bad. And I should feel bad for not being able to write a better one.
>> No. 15389
>>15386
>>15388

How about >>15384?
Worse? Better?
>> No. 15390
>>15389
Actually that one sounds like it's going down a good path.
>> No. 15391
[X] She said it herself before, didn't she? You're a member of the household. She's more than your best friend in the world, she's your family. Her joy is your joy, her sorrow is your sorrow, and no matter what happens, good or bad, your place is with them, with her.
[X] Does she remember what she asked him before, about regretting coming here? Does she remember your response? If she asked you that same question now, after all that has happened, does she know what your answer would be? The exact same, and it won't change. Not now, not ever, even if the world itself were coming to an end.
[X] You understand how she feels, though. You know that you could never forgive yourself if you were in any way responsible for her coming to harm, either. But that's exactly why you don't want to leave, why you CAN'T leave. If this problem is so bad it puts everyone around her at risk, there's no way it won't be just as bad, if not worse, for her. Even if she says she'll be fine, what kind of friend would you be if you left her to face this on her own? When things are at their very worst for her is when you should be by her side the most, to hell with the consequences. That's not just what you think or feel, but what you KNOW to be right, in your mind, heart, and soul.
>> No. 15392
[!/] >>15384? write-in
>> No. 15393
[X] She said it herself before, didn't she? You're a member of the household. She's more than your best friend in the world, she's your family. Her joy is your joy, her sorrow is your sorrow, and no matter what happens, good or bad, your place is with them, with her.
[X] Does she remember what she asked him before, about regretting coming here? Does she remember your response? If she asked you that same question now, after all that has happened, does she know what your answer would be? The exact same, and it won't change. Not now, not ever, even if the world itself were coming to an end.
[X] You understand how she feels, though. You know that you could never forgive yourself if you were in any way responsible for her coming to harm, either. But that's exactly why you don't want to leave, why you CAN'T leave. If this problem is so bad it puts everyone around her at risk, there's no way it won't be just as bad, if not worse, for her. Even if she says she'll be fine, what kind of friend would you be if you left her to face this on her own? When things are at their very worst for her is when you should be by her side the most, to hell with the consequences. That's not just what you think or feel, but what you KNOW to be right, in your mind, heart, and soul.

Yeah... I think we can do without that last part. So corny...
The rest is gold, though.
>> No. 15395
Does anyone else think that the Lunarians are coming?
>> No. 15396
File 123939771112.gif - (215.99KB, 320x240, GAR2.gif) [iqdb]
15396
[x] "I'll leave..."
[x] "...If you can beat me in a vicious GUITAR BATTLE."
[x] GUITAR BATTLE
>> No. 15397
>>15395
Maybe, maybe not. From the way Kaguya was talking, it sounded like whatever the problem is (or rather, what she believes the problem to be) is already happening, and possibly has been for a while.

Something/someone connected to Kaguya that can't seem to let go of the past, and are inclined to continue to come after her because of it, with little to no regard for the safety of those around her? Who does that sound like?

If it were the Lunarians, then I don't see why she would phrase it as if it were entirely her problem. On top of Kaguya being an exile, Eirin is basically a traitor and Reisen is a military deserter. They'd all have as much to lose from the Lunarians showing up as our dear buddy would, if not more so.

What's curious about this is the secrecy from Eirin. Whatever is happening, and whatever her role is in all of it, she doesn't want others to know. She knows, and Reisen apparently knows...but does Kaguya? What if what Kaguya thinks is happening isn't the entire story?

Don't you remember doing something for Eirin, not too long ago? Delivering a certain mysterious parcel to a certain someone, perhaps?

Eirin has us do her the favor of delivering something to the worst enemy of our best friend, who tells us in no uncertain terms to "buzz off" when pressed on what it was, and upon returning to Eientei we are "rewarded" for our deed by some strange massage that rendered old Shirou little more than a zombie-like addict, a state that he would surely still be in were it not for the intervention of Kaguya and Reisen.
And then these events occur not long after, Eirin clearly knowing something about it, and yet for some reason doesn't want others to know. Shirou and even Tewi, I think, wouldn't pose much of a problem if they knew, so I can only think we're being kept from knowing to keep someone ELSE from knowing. And as Reisen is apparently already in on it, that just leaves one other person...
>> No. 15398
>>15396
And then Kaguya grabs a gun and shoots our guitar while we're playing.
>> No. 15399
[X] She said it herself before, didn't she? You're a member of the household. She's more than your best friend in the world, she's your family. Her joy is your joy, her sorrow is your sorrow, and no matter what happens, good or bad, your place is with them, with her.
[X] Does she remember what she asked him before, about regretting coming here? Does she remember your response? If she asked you that same question now, after all that has happened, does she know what your answer would be? The exact same, and it won't change. Not now, not ever, even if the world itself were coming to an end.
[X] You understand how she feels, though. You know that you could never forgive yourself if you were in any way responsible for her coming to harm, either. But that's exactly why you don't want to leave, why you CAN'T leave. If this problem is so bad it puts everyone around her at risk, there's no way it won't be just as bad, if not worse, for her. Even if she says she'll be fine, what kind of friend would you be if you left her to face this on her own? When things are at their very worst for her is when you should be by her side the most, to hell with the consequences. That's not just what you think or feel, but what you KNOW to be right, in your mind, heart, and soul.
>> No. 15402
>>15389

Yes, thats much better!

[X] She said it herself before, didn't she? You're a member of the household. She's more than your best friend in the world, she's your family. Her joy is your joy, her sorrow is your sorrow, and no matter what happens, good or bad, your place is with them, with her.
[X] Does she remember what she asked him before, about regretting coming here? Does she remember your response? If she asked you that same question now, after all that has happened, does she know what your answer would be? The exact same, and it won't change. Not now, not ever, even if the world itself were coming to an end.
[X] You understand how she feels, though. You know that you could never forgive yourself if you were in any way responsible for her coming to harm, either. But that's exactly why you don't want to leave, why you CAN'T leave. If this problem is so bad it puts everyone around her at risk, there's no way it won't be just as bad, if not worse, for her. Even if she says she'll be fine, what kind of friend would you be if you left her to face this on her own? When things are at their very worst for her is when you should be by her side the most, to hell with the consequences. That's not just what you think or feel, but what you KNOW to be right, in your mind, heart, and soul.
>> No. 15403
[X] She said it herself before, didn't she? You're a member of the household. She's more than your best friend in the world, she's your family. Her joy is your joy, her sorrow is your sorrow, and no matter what happens, good or bad, your place is with them, with her.
[X] Does she remember what she asked him before, about regretting coming here? Does she remember your response? If she asked you that same question now, after all that has happened, does she know what your answer would be? The exact same, and it won't change. Not now, not ever, even if the world itself were coming to an end.
[X] You understand how she feels, though. You know that you could never forgive yourself if you were in any way responsible for her coming to harm, either. But that's exactly why you don't want to leave, why you CAN'T leave. If this problem is so bad it puts everyone around her at risk, there's no way it won't be just as bad, if not worse, for her. Even if she says she'll be fine, what kind of friend would you be if you left her to face this on her own? When things are at their very worst for her is when you should be by her side the most, to hell with the consequences. That's not just what you think or feel, but what you KNOW to be right, in your mind, heart, and soul.

Write Teruyo write. Come back from your third world country and get yourself some good internet provider.
>> No. 15404
>>Yeah... I think we can do without that last part. So corny...

Oh, I agree, and I'm the one who wrote it. But considering the situation, where Kaguya's willing to not only force us to leave against our will, but even go so far as to have Eirin erase our memory because it's "for the best" that a simple appeal to reason won't quite cut it. After all, what does it matter what you think, or how you rationalize, if it's all rendered moot by making you forget why you even feel that way? And don't think she wouldn't, because that's clearly exactly what happened in the last playthrough.

You need to make the point that this isn't just something in your head, but etched into the very fiber of your being, that no amount of drugs will ever truly wipe it out. The sort of thing where you feel so strongly, so deeply, that even if you die you'll come back and HAUNT them if that's what it takes.
>> No. 15405
>>15397

There was no fire used in the assault. Also, this Mokou doesn't seem the type to try and destroy everything Kaguya holds dear. Childish and annoying at times, yes. Outright malicious in an over-the-top cartoon villain way? Probably not.
>> No. 15407
Well, it looks like you have more or less settled on the vote. Good. Best to take things by parts anyways. I'll be writing and hopefully updating soon.

>>15403
Biggest irony? The third world countries I've been to lately have had better internet than here.

>Also, this Mokou doesn't seem the type to try and destroy everything Kaguya holds dear.
This is a completely unrelated point and is not to be confused with the narrative of the current story, but: I've always thought that a short GRIMDARK sort of story/interpretation of the fighting between Kaguya and Mokou would be interesting to see. Sort of like that vs. doujin but perhaps more over-the-top and, for added effect, interactive. But this is one of my stranger fancies, just like that short DESPAIR vignette I thought up involving a possesive Eirin and a broken Reisen.
>> No. 15408
>a possesive Eirin and a broken Reisen.

I, for one, would like to see more of this.
>> No. 15409
“Hey, you said it before, didn't you?” You can't get over her quick reversal in attitude. “I'm a member of this household. You're more than my best friend in the world, you're family to me. Your joy is my joy, your sorrow my sorrow, and no matter what, through all the good and bad, my place is here, and with you.” There's real emotion in your voice that solidifies your message. Your intent is indubitable. She listens to you, a forlorn and despondent expression on her face. She knows you're being honest, and you've no doubt that she feels similarly; For her to even have brought this up makes it all the more dire. You don't want to guilt her further, but some things just need to be said. “You remember what you asked me before, right? About me regretting have come here? Remember my answer? It's the same now as it was then. And it'll be the same forever. Even if the sky were to come crashing down and the earth torn apart. Until the end of time.”
“...” While the words themselves might be on par with those on a soap opera, it's your delivery that demonstrates your honest feelings. Kaguya doesn't interrupt, just waiting for you to get everything off of your chest. She looks as sorrowful as you've ever seen her, but that same grim determination prevents her from changing her mind.
“Look, I understand how you feel. I'd never forgive myself if I ever were responsible for causing you any kind of harm. We think the same about that. But that's exactly the reason why I can't leave. If it's a problem that puts everyone around you at risk, there's no way that it won't be just as bad, or even worse, for you. Even if you say that you'll be fine, what kind of friend would I be if I just abandoned you? This is exactly the kind of moment that I should be with you. The worst it gets, the more I need to be there, to hell with the consequences. This isn't just what I think or feel, it's what I know is right in my mind, heart, and soul. No matter what I won't go back.”

In your impassioned state, you've moved closer to her without realizing it. You look down at her face with your own expression betraying your inner feelings. Her eyes are firm and unwavering, but you can see her usual warmth and character lurking just beneath the surface. She speaks, putting some distance between you.

“Those are lovely sentiments. And I appreciate them. Really, I do.” You wait for the inevitable 'but' with your heart pounding away at your throat. “You've been family to me as well, in a much different way than I've experienced up to now. And I really treasure the experience. But that's exactly why things have to be this way. In order to protect the things one cherishes the most, sacrifices are to be expected. It'll be better if you come to grips with that fact.”
“Dammit!” You reach out and grab Kaguya. She doesn't flinch, letting you grab her. “I understand that very well. Didn't I just say that I'm willing to sacrifice whatever just to be here!? If I die, that's fine. I don't mind as long as I'm here and with you!”
“...I can't let it come to that.” Her reply is weak. She looks up to you with a now soft expression. “It's better that you hate me than for you to die needlessly.”
“You're an idiot.”
“Says the guy who can't go even a week without falling prey to some idiocy.”
“Oh shut up.” You pull her close, bringing her up against your body. “At least I'm always honest. And I'll be damned if I let you get rid of me over some nonsense.”
“You don't understand.” She whispers with her head on your chest.
“Make me understand then. I've already made up my mind. I'm your friend and I'm not leaving no matter what.” You're holding her close enough to hear her heartbeat, the dull noise barely going at a slower rate than your own ticker.
“That's not fair.”
“What isn't?”
“That you can make yourself sound so dependable. It's misleading.”
“I'm plenty dependable; That's what I've been trying to tell you all along. Just let me prove it to you. No matter what the problem might be, I'm here to help.”
“If I do that then we'd both be idiots.”
“I don't mind being an idiot if you're one with me.”
“I guess I've been an idiot since the beginning then.” She sighs, her warm breath tickling your shoulder. She pulls herself apart from your embrace and looks you in the face. Her eyes are watery. You think that you just might have gotten through to her. “...”

Before she can say anything though, a certain lady with impeccable timing weighs in. “Princess. I've got some new information for you. I'd like to share it with you as soon as possible.” You both look at the doorway blankly, where Eirin has discretely opened the door. “I'm sorry, but this is important.”
“Alright.” Kaguya kills her previous vulnerability, turning to you with a diplomatic tone. “If you don't mind there, could you please excuse us. I'll call for you later. We'll continue our conversation then.”
“Alright.” You can't really say anything now. You leave the room, walking past Eirin who silently looks at you, as if examining you. You note that she's holding something round in her hands. You don't get a proper look at it as she grasps it closely. The door is closed behind you and you walk away from the room.

Reaching the courtyard, you cough. You were holding it in when you were with Kaguya, but your whole respiratory tract is severely irritated. Every time you cough, you wheeze, and it feels like there's a garden rake loose inside of your lungs. You try to sit, but then realize that even the slightest compression or decompression of your diaphragm is just going to exacerbate your cough. You really wish that your talk with Kaguya hadn't been cut short. Besides not getting her to change your mind, you still have no idea what she's so worried about in the first place. Well, at least it's not smoky here anymore. You enjoy the cool evening air as it filters through your lungs, hurting you much less than before.

[] Find and talk to Tewi
[] Examine ground zero yourself
[] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again
>> No. 15410
[x] Find and talk to Tewi
>> No. 15411
[X] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again
>> No. 15412
[] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again.

Eirin route or not, my heart belongs to Kaguya.
>> No. 15413
[X] Examine ground zero yourself
[X] Check PDA
>> No. 15414
[+] Wonder why there's no Reisen option
[+] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again
[+] Check PDA; mail/messages; that app
>> No. 15415
[X] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again
>> No. 15416
>>[] Examine ground zero yourself

Traces of smoke from a fire usually lingers for a good while after the fire is extinguished. If our respiratory tract is such bad shape that we're afraid to even sit down, we should probably avoid going there.

However, I am still curious about what Tewi told us earlier...

[x] Find and talk to Tewi.
>> No. 15417
[x] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again.
>> No. 15418
>>15416
It is curious, but like she says, she's sure as hell not going to dig into a matter where there's no benefit for her, and even less so if it also risk incurring the wrath of Eirin. Unless you're going to ask for some tips on getting the truth out of Reisen, I doubt she'll help much in this matter without getting something from us in return.

She may or may not be able to tell us something useful about our current predicament, though. I can't see her being okay with losing one of the best playthings she has around outside of Reisen.

Speaking of things to be curious about, though...
>>She comes closer and you see her ankles clearly through the smoke. A black and gold fabric covers it.

What was that about?
>> No. 15419
>>15418

Ah, I didn't catch that. Good call.
>> No. 15421
>>15418
A Lunarian assassin maybe? Anyway, I'm sure we will find out in due time.
>> No. 15422
[Z] Examine ground zero yourself
[Z] Check PDA all that good stuff. use it to store notes of what you find if nothing else.

Should be something around here to see. we should investigate
>> No. 15425
[x] Find and talk to Tewi.

I am really starting to like Eirin less and less... which is a sad thing.
>> No. 15426
[x] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again
>> No. 15429
[x] Find and talk to Tewi

I'll take the rabbit who will stab in the front over the pharmacist who will stab me in the back.
>> No. 15430
>>I'll take the rabbit who will stab in the front over the pharmacist who will stab me in the back.

In Eirin's defense, it is a lot harder to get a syringe into your ass from the front.
>> No. 15431
[x] Relax patiently until Kaguya calls for you again

The worst part of wasting time is that it's much easier for you to feel every little thing that's wrong with you. Irritating cough aside, it seems like you can feel every scrape, bruise and source of discomfort on you with amplified feeling. The solution to this problem isn't very easy to implement. You try meditating, relaxing some senses and honing others. You have to sit, which is a bother, but you get over it and continue with your evening meditation session. With Kaguya's earlier words echoing in your head, total relaxation proves to be challenging. You eventually give up, opting to distract yourself with your material possessions.

Surfing the menus of the PDA, you find that you don't really use most of the features on this thing. When you check for new messages, you find none, but learn that you can apparently send 'free*' (The asterisk isn't explained on the page) messages to anyone with a YakCorp or KawaTech mobile device. Useful? Potentially – if you knew anyone else that had one of these blasted contraptions. You skip looking at the encyclopedia, stock ticker and several other doodads in favor of going directly for that new application. As before, only one icon isn't greyed out and it's the only one that you can select. There have been only a few subtle changes to the screen. The blinking red dot is now on the leftmost portion of the central bar. And besides that the percentage counter displays a much lower number than before; it's fluctuating at around 46-48%.

You wonder where everyone else might be. Kaguya is still probably with Eirin. But besides them, Tewi is likely in her room or in one of her undisclosed locations. And Reisen, you feel, is probably keeping watch or assessing the damage where all the smoke was earlier. With nothing left to do in the courtyard, you decide to go back to your room to wait there. Relaxing out here probably did help a bit, at the very least you don't feel as bad as you did before. There's not much to do in your room, the game boy lies just where you left it, but it doesn't really matter. Before you become too bored with waiting, there's a knock on your door.

“Come in.” Expecting it to be Kaguya, you get up and walk to open the door. The door slides open and you find yourself face to face with Eirin's casual stoicism. “Oh hi.”
“I'm afraid Kaguya won't be able to see you tonight.” She informs you.
“Why not? She said she'd talk to me later.” You quip, feeling defensive.
“She has a lot on her mind I believe.” Eirin explains. “She asked me to tell you that she would speak to you sometime tomorrow, but she wants to be alone tonight. It's for the best, I believe, and I recommended that she try to get a good night's sleep.”
“There's no helping it then...”
“I'm afraid not.” She shakes her head. You must have had a pitiful expression on your face, because she then says something which you take to be her way of consoling you, “It's only a couple of hours though. If you sleep as well, the time should just fly by.”
“Hm, well, thank you anyways. Good night then.” You guess that you'll sleep now. It's not like you feel like doing anything else.
“...:” Eirin doesn't budge from the door, looking pensive.
“Is anything the matter?” It's not usual for her to be like this, and you wonder if maybe you've done anything wrong.
“...No. Not really. Just try to keep on being yourself, okay?”
“What's that supposed to mean?” You're confused.
“Just that sometimes children are selfish even when they know they're wrong. It's quite natural, of course, when you realize that it's the price to pay when they've got a favorite toy. The only way to get past that selfishness is to keep on stubbornly sharing things.” She shrugs. “But well, I've said too much, and spoken out of turn. So good night, and sleep well.”
“Good night.” After Eirin has left you mull over her parting words. It's strange, but you feel like she was almost trying to cheer you up somehow.

Well, it doesn't matter much in the end what her intentions were. You've got nothing else to do for the evening. There's a bit of a struggle at first, but eventually you manage to go to sleep. Your dreams that night aren't very pleasant. All night long you dream that you're being swallowed whole by various predators, ranging from lions to dinosaurs. You wake up in the morning feeling not very relaxed.

It's early morning. The day is ugly, completely overcast and grey. Not that it matters much to you, as you go through with your morning routine, wasting time. Breakfast isn't being made today, so you have to help yourself to whatever you find lying around in the kitchen. A lot of the food tastes like smoke so you don't bother eating too much of it. After delaying the inevitable as much as you can, you pass by Kaguya's room. The door is open, but she's not there. You wait around, expecting her to be in the bathroom or something of the sort, but it becomes evident that she isn't coming back any time soon. You sigh, as you realize where she might be.

As always, the clinic is open early in the morning. You knock and come in naturally. Eirin is, almost like every time you come here, sitting at her desk, casually looking over paperwork. She greets you with the same detachment that you've come to expect from her.

“What can I do for you? Let me guess, it's hard to breathe.”
“No, my breathing is mostly fine. I came here about Kaguya.” You get right to the point.
“What about her?”
“Do you know where she is? She's not in her room.”
“She wasn't feeling too well this morning. She came to me and I've treated her. I'm afraid that she's resting and really shouldn't be disturbed right now.” She motions with her head to the back of the clinic, implying that Kaguya is resting up in a bed out back.
“Oh, I see.”
“You're more than welcome to wait around here though. When she gets up, you'll know immediately.” She speaks softer than normal, as if hinting at something else. You can't imagine what.
“Could you pass along the message that I'm waiting for her? I'm not sure that I want to bother you while you work.”
“I could. But it's not really a bother if you're here. And I can't imagine that she'll be resting for much longer. It's already been a while.” Eirin goes back to her paperwork, letting you choose what to do.

[] Wait here and talk to Eirin
[] Leave
>> No. 15432
[x] Wait here, but try not to distract Eirin from her work.
>> No. 15433
[x] Wait here and talk to Eirin

Not much else to do.
>> No. 15434
[X] Wait here and talk to Eirin
>> No. 15435
>>15431
[X] Quick PDA check: percentage counter on the new app
[X] Wait here and talk to Eirin

The number dropped by close to half before, just a little curious as to what it's done in the brief interim.
>> No. 15436
[X] Wait here and talk to Eirin

was there really a route lock? Because my paranoia is starting up with Eirin.
>> No. 15437
[!/] Quick PDA check: percentage counter on the new app
[!/] Wait here and talk to Eirin

Not even medicine can cure this broken man's heart.
>> No. 15438
[X] Leave

Still not feeling it.
>> No. 15439
[] Wait here and talk to Eirin
>> No. 15440
[x] Wait here and talk to Eirin
>> No. 15442
File 123952179343.jpg - (298.33KB, 600x600, 1214453958735.jpg) [iqdb]
15442
[X] Wait here and talk to Eirin

>>"Just try to keep on being yourself, okay?”
>>“What's that supposed to mean?"
>>“Just that sometimes children are selfish even when they know they're wrong. It's quite natural, of course, when you realize that it's the price to pay when they've got a favorite toy. The only way to get past that selfishness is to keep on stubbornly sharing things.”

If I didn't know any better, I would think we actually got some good, relatively non-cryptic advice from Eirin.
>> No. 15443
Before making a final decision, you check the PDA quickly. It only takes a moment. The percentage in the YakCheck application hovers around 64% raising slightly every so often and then promptly returning to this lower value. Nothing else on the screen has changed, all of the other indicators remain the same.

“Decided to stay here?” Eirin looks up from her work. “There's some tea there if you want some, feel free to help yourself.”
“Thank you, but I'm not thirsty.”
“Well, at least have a seat. There's no reason to stand when you don't know how much longer you'll have to wait.”
“Didn't you say that she would be up soon though?” You take a seat and make conversation with her.
“She probably will. But I have no way of guessing how long an exhausted person is going to sleep. It's up to her body to decide.”
“...I'm worried about her, couldn't you go check up on her?” Your anxiety is much stronger than your patience. Given the events of the last day though, no one could blame you.
“I'm sure you're worried about her.” She smiles. “And I assure you that I worry about her as well. But I would rather not disturb her if she sleeps.” Seeing that you're satisfied with her answer, she adds, “It's not like she's seriously ill or anything, so don't look so concerned. She needs rest right now, which is why I gave her a relaxing herbal tea.”
“Well, I'll be more patient.”
“Good. Let there be no doubt in your mind that I care.” Her expression is intense, and she concludes with the utmost sobriety, “There's likely no one in the universe that cares more about her wellbeing than me.” Her face softens a moment thereafter, revealing her playful side again, “I'm sure that with all your youthful vigor and hotbloodedness, you think that you're the one that cares the most about her. Maybe you even think that you're the only one that truly cares about her. Or am I wrong? It's painfully obvious to any casual observer that that's the case.”
“It's true that I don't hide my affection for her. But I'm straightforward like that in general.”
“It goes much beyond straightforwardness. Then again, I've borne witness to events that would cause anyone to question if you only think of her as a friend. Tell me, does time seem to stop when you look at her in the eyes?”
“...There's...”
“...Something alright. It looks like I hit the mark quite well.” She mimics drawing a bow with her fingers and releasing an arrow. “There's no need to confirm or deny it, I don't think I'd get an honest answer from you even if I tried.” She winks, and then shakes her head. “No, the total absence of any retort or wit shows just how accurate I am.”
“Is that it? Are you satisfied with deducing how I feel?” There's nothing else to be said. You don't want the conversation to continue down the same path.
“You mistake the satisfaction I get from a correct deduction with the satisfaction I would get from teasing a cute and naïve boy.” Her eyes go cold as she wears the usual polite mask of a smile. “This information is useful to me. With it, I can see how I can best take care of Kaguya. See? I bet it hadn't occurred to you that this, to me, is just another aspect of my duty to her.”
“Wait, are you saying that I might harm Kaguya somehow?”
“Hm.” She raises her eyebrows. “Now you're putting words into my mouth.”
“Right. Then, let me rephrase that. If you're sizing up my impact like that, doesn't that mean that you're also assessing worst case scenarios?”
“I'm not sure what you mean by 'worst case scenarios'.” She laughs. Her posture is relaxed but her expression tells you that she's unmistakably serious, “If I thought that you were really harmful you would have already been gone one way or another. I wouldn't give it a second thought.”
“I guess that I'm lucky that I'm just so full of charm.” You joke nervously.
“That is indeed a great boon.”

Outside, it begins to rain. A great torrent of water gushes onto the land, making a loud rhythmical sound as it hits the roof tiles. It's a sudden downpour, as you see from one of Eirin's windows, but it fits the mood of the day perfectly. And now you know that those clouds weren't just there for show. Even though it's morning, to you, it feels like its late afternoon.

[] Continue to wait patiently/Optional write-in dialog
[] Try to check in on Kaguya yourself
>> No. 15444
[x] "What kind of 'relaxing herbs' were in that tea you gave her? Opium poppy? Kava?"
[x] "I haven't seen Reisen this morning; what is she up to?"
[x] Try to check in on Kaguya yourself
>> No. 15447
[x] "What kind of 'relaxing herbs' were in that tea you gave her? Opium poppy? Kava?"
[x] "I haven't seen Reisen this morning; what is she up to?"
[x] Try to check in on Kaguya yourself

Eirin you spooky girl, what are you plotting again
>> No. 15448
File 123955293668.jpg - (85.49KB, 273x318, yagokoro_eirin.jpg) [iqdb]
15448
>>15447 aww cmon is this the face of a evil plotter..? besides she isn't so spooky right..? Right..?

[x] "What kind of 'relaxing herbs' were in that tea you gave her? Opium poppy? Kava?"
[x] "I haven't seen Reisen this morning; what is she up to?"
[x] Try to check in on Kaguya yourself

I'd rather not trigger something that could explode on us but... I can't help but think she's trying to stall. It's already feeling like /sdm/ paranoia but in a "The Hand that Rocked the Cradle" kind of paranoia...
>> No. 15450
[X] Continue to wait patiently
[X] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[X] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[X] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
[X] Discreetly check the PDA periodically.

If those numbers and indicators are going to be of any use to us at all, we first have to figure out just what the hell they mean. Again.
>> No. 15451
[X] Continue to wait patiently
[X] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[X] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[X] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
[X] Discreetly check the PDA periodically.
>> No. 15452
>>“Just that sometimes children are selfish even when they know they're wrong. It's quite natural, of course, when you realize that it's the price to pay when they've got a favorite toy. The only way to get past that selfishness is to keep on stubbornly sharing things.”

The second she said "new toy", I immediately figured she was talking about herself. A rare apology for earlier, maybe?

I'm probably wrong; she wouldn't refer to herself as a child, let alone apologize. Still, it's worth considering.
>> No. 15453
[+] "What kind of 'relaxing herbs' were in that tea you gave her?"
[+] "I haven't seen Reisen this morning; what is she up to?"
Ignoring the medicinal suggestions and not pushing to see Kaguya before she's ready. Something seems questionable but we have nothing to follow-up yet.
I want to ask about potential treatment withdrawal but I don't want to incur Eirin's needling so soon. We have had so many weeks of something syringed into our veins.

>>If those numbers and indicators are going to be of any use to us at all, we first have to figure out just what the hell they mean. Again.
I doubt we had any idea what they really meant the first time.
>> No. 15454
>>15452
She said she had spoken out of turn, though, which is something you say when your comment might be insulting to the other person or you have no authority to say it to them.

Her comment could have also been directed at us better timesharing our attention between herself and the others (we would be the "children").

Taken a different way, borrowing from today's comment about "how much she cares about Kaguya" this could also be preemptively regarding our concern for Kaguya in whatever is happening.

Multi-layered meanings are also possible. Interpretation is the art of throwing dice and hoping they were loaded.
>> No. 15455
File 123956883388.jpg - (196.44KB, 788x1288, sample-e70a45ab9392d4e80bfbeaae1e8c5d5f.jpg) [iqdb]
15455
>>15452
Note, she said "favorite toy" not "new toy".
Though it could be she was talking about herself, I think that considering what she may have seen of our little speech to Kaguya, what I'm pretty sure she's seen given what she alluded to about these "events" she's "borne witness to", and her advising us to "keep on being yourself" that she's speaking more about Kaguya with this talk about a selfish child.

Kaguya brought her friend into Gensokyo without warning or asking his permission, and now that these things have happened she's again disregarding what he wants in deciding he should go back home, partly because she doesn't want him to come to harm, but also because she doesn't want to be responsible if something happened to him, essentially protecting herself as much as she's protecting him, if not more so. That certainly sounds somewhat selfish to me. Understandable, but selfish.

I'm just wondering what her angle in all of this is. She's apparently not opposed to us staying, as she just pointed out if she were we would be gone already. She may even be inclined to help us regarding Kaguya's stance on us leaving. Yet, she definitely stopped us from continuing our talk from before, both after their meeting, and now. But is there something more to that, or is it just as we've been told, and the poor girl simply needs her rest? Kaguya herself has admitted to having sleeping problems at times, after all, and between those explosions and things apparently being so bad she's worried for Shirou's safety, she is probably going through quite a bit of stress, and so probably really does need some rest.

Still, we should be wary of the good doctor. The presence of those cells we stayed in are troubling enough, but the fact that Eirin clearly had not told Kaguya everything about them is even more troubling. Just ask Kaguya was deciding what was best for us with no regard for what we want, I wouldn't put it past Eirin to do the exact same regarding Kaguya. And should what's best for Kaguya turn out to be what's NOT best for Shirou...well, we're pretty much screwed, aren't we?
>> No. 15457
Huh. Maybe.
Whether it was "new" or "favorite", it seems we agree that the "toy" is probably Shirou (who else?)
But I was thinking that the "selfishness" Eirin spoke of was referring to "not sharing"-- like the situation she placed Shirou in earlier. There is no way she didn't know that her touch would have that effect on him, and it could've easily been an attempt to keep him to herself... An attempt that lasted until she decided that what she was doing would seriously hurt Kaguya.
And, apparently, that would be the same reason why she seems in favor of keeping Shirou around (not to mention her own personal feelings; they are likely to have played a part, but her concern for Kaguya comes first.)

I think it's safe to say that Shirou is also primarily thinking about Kaguya with little regard for himself. Unless that earlier speech was all bullshit, of course.
>> No. 15458
>>15454
>Multi-layered meanings are also possible. Interpretation is the art of throwing dice and hoping they were loaded.

Eirin is eminently aware of Shirou's inability to catch subtext. She won't attempt to communicate with him through nuance.
>> No. 15461
I'm waiting for more votes for now, seeing how different the outcomes are to each option.
>> No. 15462
File 123958404881.jpg - (277.18KB, 540x600, 55653139ea71f8fe1ffd72e84f6f874e.jpg) [iqdb]
15462
[!/] Continue to wait patiently
[!/] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[!/] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[!/] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
>> No. 15463
>>15461
tell me which one is the better and i will vote for it
>> No. 15464
[x] Continue to wait patiently
[x] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[X] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[x] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
>> No. 15465
I'll go along with this vote

[x] Continue to wait patiently
[x] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[X] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[x] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
>> No. 15467
[x] Continue to wait patiently
[x] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[X] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[x] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
>> No. 15468
[x] Continue to wait patiently
[x] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[x] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[x] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
>> No. 15470
File 123959734965.jpg - (28.31KB, 320x453, embn.jpg) [iqdb]
15470
[X] Continue to wait patiently
[X] Ask about those explosions. What were they? Was anyone hurt?
[X] Kaguya made it sound as if someone was after her or something. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or anyone here, for that matter?
[X] If you start getting stonewalled, switch to lighter, more casual talk. How's business in the clinic? Any more outbreak scares from the irresponsible media?
[X] Discreetly check the PDA periodically.

As you continue to wait, you ask Eirin questions. There's no harm in asking, and it's certainly better than to simply stare at her. You discretely check the PDA while taking to her. Nothing has changed at all.

“What were those explosions all about? I thought that maybe the whole place was going to go up in smoke.” Back then, it felt like you were in the middle of an inferno.
“You witnessed a little clash between our modest self-defense system and an unwanted guest. What made all that smoke pour forth? I'm not absolutely certain yet. Undonge is investigating that now for me, as well as tying up a few loose ends.” She doesn't avoid answering, telling you about the incident as if it were no big deal. “Fortunately the damage incurred yesterday isn't that serious. It's just a couple of floorboards to replace and a shiny new coat of paint and everything will look better than ever.”
“There was an intruder? Did you catch him?” Having been a target of the 'neat' alarm system they have here before, you could now see how all that mess could have come about. “Was anyone hurt?”
“No one was hurt, fortunately” Her emphasis strikes you as odd. “But we didn't catch the intruder either. The smoke made finding anyone nearly impossible.”
“Then do you have any idea what their purpose was? To be honest I don't see much reason to break in here.” Any outsider would undoubtedly get lost in the maze of corridors if they went for the storage rooms. And besides those, there's nothing really worth stealing.... except maybe for “...was it an attempted break-in to the clinic?”
“Hard to tell, considering where they were caught. It wouldn't be the best approach to come and steal from the clinic.” There's a confidence to her words that makes you automatically discard that theory. “I don't wish to speculate about their purpose out loud just yet, given the lack of evidence to their motives. Again, I've delegated that to Undonge.”
“...Kaguya made it sound like someone was after her. Could it be related? Why would anyone want to hurt her? Or hell, anyone one here? I mean, you guys might be a bit eccentric, but you're anything but evil.”
“Thank you for the compliment. I view myself as the local paragon of good.” She grins, amused. “But well, like I said, I don't want to speculate about motives just yet. It'd be irresponsible of me to suggest a large conspiracy pitting the gods and fate against us just like that.” Smugly clever, as always. You didn't really expect anything more from her. You take another opportunity to look at the PDA quickly. No change this time either.
“She sounded serious about someone coming after her. It's why she wants me to go.”
“I'm not going to assume that I'm applying the same reasoning as her when it comes to you. If she thinks its relevant for you to know, you'll know. After all, friends do tell each other these things, right?”
“I guess so.” It's clear that she's not going to tell you anything very specific. And you can see how her reasoning works. You know that Kaguya will tell you if you ask her about it.
“Well, as her friend you're entitled to know some things, even if she doesn't want to share them.” She muses. She seems to pick her words carefully, not so much to frustrate you, or so it would appear, but to respect her own bond with Kaguya. “If you think about it, it's only natural that some people would be envious of her. In an ever-changing world, she remains pure and uncorrupted in her own way. Not to mention that there are those who might feel like they must get revenge because of some perceived slight. Although that category of person tends to become less and less of an issue with the passage of time.” She laughs, obviously amused with herself. “Familiarity does breed contempt for danger after all. But well, there's also another type of danger, which is likely the most serious, those who would use others to further their own goals. Ambitious people, without temperance or using the guise of justice, are the same everywhere. This should be a warning to you too.”
“I'm too lovable to have any enemies.” You joke. “Besides, I'm probably not worth the trouble to bring to utter ruin.”
“A charming and benign specimen, yes.” She agrees with a smile. “But you shouldn't think that you're so worthless. Even a small cog can set a whole apparatus into motion.”
“Well, that's somewhat flattering I suppose.”
“I can try harder if it makes you happy.”
“It's okay. If I get too full of myself I won't be able to see things objectively.”
“Fair enough. I'll balance things out with some criticism then.” She offers naturally.
“I think I'm fine in that department as well.”
“All you need to do is ask.” You take this chance to check the PDA yet again. There's a slight change in the percentage meter, it reads one or two percent higher than before. Other than that, nothing has changed. The change might as well be a random fluctuation. “I'll offer a little something right now; It's rude to keep looking at some gizmo when talking to someone.” Eirin has finally weighed in on your continuous checking.
“Sorry about that.” You reply like a kid caught stealing from a cookie jar. “I won't do it again.”
“I'm quite liberal about multitasking, but I think that proper, decent conversations like we're having now, should entail a lot of eye contact and minimal amount of distractions. After all, you've sat down here and started to talk to me. It's no good if you look like you're preoccupied with something else.”
“Well, I agree. I normally wouldn't be doing this, but I'm trying to figure this darn thing out. It befuddles me.” The PDA's mystery is something you haven't been able to crack.
“You're probably thinking too hard about it then.” She offers you some good-natured advice, “If all you can think about is just one thing, you'll never be able to have insight derived from letting your subconscious do its work.”
>> No. 15471
“Okay.” You redirection the conversion. “How has business been at the clinic? Were there any more follow-ups to that story?”
“Business has been about usual. That is to say, almost wholly dependent on what Undongein takes to the village.” She shrugs, as if it doesn't affect her.
“People just buy into sensationalism and then forget, eh?”
“It's not very surprising that that sort of thing happens when you take a look at that shameful rag of a newspaper.”
“It's a tabloid, I take it?”
“Oh, how I wish it were one. This completely redefines 'gutter news'. There's no journalistic integrity whatsoever and the editorials are a joke.” She sours up, obviously having some personal qualm with the paper.
“Won't the explosions yesterday show up in the newspaper?”
“I've already taken steps to ensure that it doesn't. Last thing we need is some journalistic-like drivel claiming that there was some sort of demonic ritual going on here that went awry when the hallucinogenic drugs caught fire and exploded.”
“Wow... that's something alright. It can't be that bad now, can it?”
“I wish I were joking.” She shakes her head, indicating that it really is at that level. “Only when you pay to have your story run as is, which costs a fortune by the way, does she even remotely include valid and truthful content.”
“She?” You wonder about just how deranged the owner of that newspaper would have to be. “Doesn't sound like a newspaper like that would sell.”
“It doesn't really.” She smiles, telling you an anecdote, “I heard that even the fishmongers in the village refuse to wrap their fish in that newspaper. I have to meet her later in order to finalize the details of the story she is to run instead of her voodoo sex cult one.” She mumbles to herself. “I should really stop doing this kind of thing.”

After a while, by her own initiative, Eirin decides to go to check in on Kaguya. She invites you to come along.

“Well, it looks like she's gone.” She points to the empty bed nearest to the door. “She must have gone out back while we were talking.” She doesn't sound surprised at all.
“Why would she leave by taking the long way out?”
“Beats me. You'll have to ask her yourself.” She sighs and throws the crumpled up sheets on the floor, to be picked up and sorted surely by Reisen at some later time.
“If you see her then, could you tell her I want to talk to her?”
“I'll be sure to tell her.” She quips flatly. She then adds, with a warmer-than-usual-smile, “It was nice talking to you. It got my mind off an otherwise dreary day.”
“See you then.”

There are not that many places where you know that Kaguya might be. You can't think of why she might just leave from the back without even popping in to say thanks to Eirin. It just doesn't seem like her. The first stop is her room. The door is ajar, meaning that someone at the very least took the time to slide it. You spot her as you slide the door open. She's moving hurriedly away from her room, and further down the corridor.

“Hey, Kaguya!” You shout after her and start to walk quickly. You see her flinch in the distance, but she doesn't slow down. “Could I talk to you now?” You voice travels down the hallway, echoing against the walls.
“Not right now~!” She replies without turning back. Her speed increases. “I'm going to take a bath!” She turns a corner and disappears from sight. When you reach the same corner, she's nowhere to be seen. That's not the direction of the bathroom. Well, not the one you use anyways. You wonder what to do, realizing that your buddy has just given you the slip.

[] Wait in her room until she returns
[] Give up on talking to her for now and find something else to do
>> No. 15472
>>15471
[X] Retrieve your Game Boy from our room.
[X] Wait outside her room until she returns; try to beat Super Mario Land in the interim.

Waiting in her room? No thanks. Waiting for her while reveling in the fallout of a nostalgia bomb? I'm down with that.
>> No. 15473
File 123959874148.jpg - (129.29KB, 1280x720, 1239308157746.jpg) [iqdb]
15473
>“It doesn't really.” She smiles, telling you an anecdote, “I heard that even the fishmongers in the village refuse to wrap their fish in that newspaper.

I see what you are referencing there. And I am amused.

[!/] Wait in her room until she returns.

Sip tea. In the dark. Like a angry parent.
>> No. 15474
[X] Wait in her room until she returns

Panty drawer scavenging, anyone?
>> No. 15475
[X] Wait in her room until she returns

Okaaaay, so it wasn't Eirin who was responsible for keeping us from talking with Kaguya, it was Kaguya herself. One might take from this that our buddy is, for whatever reason, trying to avoid us. Possibly it's because our rousing speech has left her conflicted regarding the whole "we need to leave Gensokyo" bit and so she runs to avoid having to come to grips with either sending away her best friend or keeping him around at the risk of his safety.

Of course, she could be spooked by that whole "Shirou liking her as more than a friend" thing that Eirin pointed out.
Nah, that would just be silly.
>> No. 15478
>“If you think about it, it's only natural that some people would be envious of her. In an ever-changing world, she remains pure and uncorrupted in her own way.

Eirin possible the most threat to a successful Kaguya Route? Or are we on the Eirin route? It is still not clear whats Eirins part of the whole thing is.
Be wary and sleep with one eye open.

[x] Give up on talking to her for now and find something else to do.
[x] Try to find Tewi.

I don't think we will find her soon if she is really running from us. Who else could be more useful and is kinda neutral around here and has many informations about what is currently going on? Plus she seems to not like Eirin that much and is not under her influence like Reisen.
You win with getting as many informations as you can which can be very useful in further conversations.
>> No. 15481
>>15473
I recognized it, but it took a bit to remember where it was from.

Nice job, though.
>> No. 15482
[X] Retrieve your Game Boy from our room.
[X] Wait outside her room until she returns; try to beat Super Mario Land in the interim.

Do it.
>> No. 15486
>>I don't think we will find her soon if she is really running from us

Which is why the choice is between either giving up and doing something else, or waiting around for Kaguya to come back. We can't go after her, so we wait for her to come to us.

Though, frankly, I think our odds are better if we're not obviously waiting outside her room. Perhaps if we hid somewhere and waited for her to come by...
>> No. 15487
>>15486
fuck yes, stalking. Time to train that sneaking skills.
>> No. 15488
[X] Wait in her room until she returns
>> No. 15491
[X] Retrieve your Game Boy from our room.
[X] Wait outside her room until she returns; try to beat Super Mario Land in the interim.
>> No. 15494
Writing now, and perhaps struggling not to end an update with the choice '[]Kiss Kaguya'.

...what?
Hey, don't look at me like that, I'm only human. This weary writefag mind wanders every so often. Blame Yukarin.
>> No. 15497
File 123962043325.gif - (19.88KB, 256x224, smlt.gif) [iqdb]
15497
You're not going to give up so easily. If it's a matter of simple patience, then bring it on. You'll wait for her, no matter how long. In order to conduct a successful stakeout, the proper elements are needed. You double back to your room, grabbing the blocky Game Boy and find a prime location right in front of her door. You've got a great view of the hallway, anyone appearing at either end is visible to you, and absolute control over entry in and out of her room. You turn on the Game Boy, confident that Kaguya will be back soon.

Saving the kingdom from the evil alien Tatanga and rescuing Daisy seems easy enough. However, in reality, you find out that there are several handicaps against you. The old non-backlit screen of the Game Boy makes it almost impossible to see with the day's poor natural light. It doesn't look like the storm clouds will go away any time soon either. Flicking the contrast up and down in frustration only results in the loss of more lives, causing you to swear at the game. It's a miracle that you got as far as you did in your first run, but you die just short of the fourth stage. You grumble, but you start over and hope for the best.

Eventually you reach a (relatively) happy level of visibility by twiddling with the contrast settings and scooting around. This current run isn't going as well as you'd like, with the annoying pyramid level taking more of a toll than it should have. Blargh, there's nothing pleasant about rescuing a midget in a sack, instead of a princess. At the very least these guys don't have the gall to kiss you. It must be hell to administer all of these different provinces, infrastructure maintenance alone would probably account for why they can't afford to keep half-decent guards in royal palaces. You move on, making your way to the water level. Having a sub is sweet, but having the screen constantly scrolling is not. You get greedy, go for a hard to reach coin and end up getting squashed. Damn that was your last life. You feel the urge to hurl the hand held against something, but know better than to do so. It's likely that you'd end up damaging Eientei more than the actual console.

After taking several deep breaths, you embark upon yet another try. Already accustomed to the pacing of the first several levels, you breeze through them with minimal effort. You don't let yourself get distracted by the allure of (useless) coins and just concentrate on speeding on through. And it's not long before you're at the last leg of the game, piloting your way towards the final confrontation. It's a journey that only seems to take ten minutes, but as you finally rescue Daisy and clear the game you realize that you've eaten up most of the morning. And there's still no sign of Kaguya.

You move on to hard mode and continue to wait.

“Is that even fun? It doesn't look like you're enjoying yourself.”
“After playing it through about ten times, I'd say that I've had as much fun as I'll ever have with this game.”
“Then why do you keep on playing?”
“Simple.” You reply while pummeling Tatanga yet again. “I need to do something while waiting for Kaguya.”
“She's so not going to come back.”
“She is too. She lives here.”
“Is not.”
“Is- look, can't you just leave me alone Tewi? I know what I'm doing.” You drop the Game Boy, your fingers absolutely numb from so much button-pressing.
“I could.” Tewi smiles. You don't know how long she's been sitting next to you, but she managed to sneak up on you without you noticing. Damn chip tunes and their distracting effect.
“But?”
“But I come with an offer.”
“What sort of offer?”
“Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're currently waiting for a certain princess, and mistress of Eientei?”
“It's no secret.” You're wary of her because of the roundabout way she's talking. “What of it?”
“Well, being a long-time resident and general good samaritan I thought that I could put my skills into use for you.”
“Meaning?”
“I can find her and make sure that you can talk to her for as long as you want.”
“And you'd do this out of the goodness of your heart?”
“Everything I do is out of the goodness of my heart.” Tewi corrects you cheerfully. “But that doesn't mean that I'll just let you take advantage of my good-willed nature.”
“So in other words, you want me to do something?”
“It'd only be fair. And before you ask, I never ask for monetary compensation. That would go against my beliefs.”
“Of course. Now, assuming I wanted your help, what would I have to do.”
“Just a little thing, a quick thing.” She begins to speak faster. “I would have Kaguya for you within twenty minutes, no ten minutes, after you did it. It's really a quick affair. Go in, do it, get out. Nothing more to it. You don't need any special skills. It's really more of a good-will gesture than anything else.”
“Right, right. And just what would this 'gesture' be?”
“I want you to go, go into the clinic, walk up to Eirin, and well, perform a quick lip-to-lip procedure; That is to say, to kiss her. Tongue is optional but encouraged.”
“Well, when you put it that way...” It takes you a moment to analyze her fast-talking jibber-jabber. “No! No way, no how, never! W-why would you want me to do that in the first place!? That's no simple favor!”
“Whoah, whoah, calm down. No need to go ballistic. It's a quick and simple way to show that you acknowledge my sacrifice and goodwill. I'd ask you to kiss me, but I'm sure that you'd have no problem with that. After all, who doesn't want to kiss me?” She puckers her lips. “This is a great, no ideal thing to do. And I'm sure that Eirin won't mind much. And right after that, you can simply walk away. And you'll be with your princess. Isn't that great? I give you my word. Cross my heart and hope to die.” She moves her fingers showing that she means the oath.
“It seems excessive to me. And like it'll just bring a lot of trouble my way. I think I rather just wait it out here.” You eye Super Mario Land, trying to imagine having fun with the tired and simple game. “She can't possibly be much longer.”
“Sure. Maybe you're right. Maybe she'll be here in less than five minutes. And you'll be happy. But maybe she won't come back at all, and you'll be left here, bored and wasting your time. What'll you do then? Come crawling to me? I'd have to ask an even greater demonstration of goodwill then, say maybe including...”
“I get the point. No need to plan that far ahead.”
“Good, good. We see each other eye-to-eye then. That's always a good thing. A sign of a stable partnership.”
“...if you say so.”
“And I do!” She scoots over, sitting opposite you in the corridor. “So? What do you say? Do you want my help or not? We can get this over with right now if you want. Otherwise I'm going to go take care of other business.”

[] Ask for Tewi's help
[] Continue to wait here on your own
>> No. 15498
[X] Continue to wait here on your own

Let's see...on one hand, Tewi is probably right, and if Kaguya really is serious about avoiding Shirou like the plague, she won't just come waltzing back to her room while we're waiting in front of it.

On the other hand, this is Tewi. While I have no doubt she's basically telling the truth, on the surface at least, there's no way in hell that it could be as simple as just strolling into the clinic, planting a big wet one on Eirin, and moonwalking the fuck out of there. If this didn't cause trouble with Eirin, it's bound to do so with whosoever conveniently walks in on us while we're doing the act.

Then again, she DID come through with saving us from the smoke (even if it turned out that the alternative would have been a tad better) as well as giving some potentially good advice about not poking our nose into matters certain other parties wish to keep hidden. So, she's shown at least an inclination to keep us from any serious harm. Not-so-serious harm and very awkward situations, on the other hand...not so much.

I have to wonder, what does it say about us if we can trust someone with our life, but not to come through with a promise/favor with no ill consequences? Then again, what does it say about HER?

Of course, if Kaguya really is that determined to give us the slip, then there might not be any other way than to trust in whatever trickery Tewi would have to pull to get her to us. So, continue waiting for someone who's trying to avoid us (and has thus far been doing a very good job at it) and risk wasting away a day, or go along with Tewi and risk whatever repercussions that could come from suddenly smooching the good doctor who is largely responsible for us needing to spend a week in a cell to basically detox.

Frankly, I'd say it's more in-line with our character to stubbornly wait at her room however long it takes, even going without food if need be, though going along with Tewi might actually be the way to go, provided it's made clear that if this does somehow burn us later on, she can forget about asking us for anything ever again.
>> No. 15499
File 123963165614.jpg - (60.18KB, 750x600, 1237772285732.jpg) [iqdb]
15499
[X] Ask for Tewi's help
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a gameboy could any number of walls. that thing is a monster.
>> No. 15500
[X] Ask for Tewi's help

On one hand, this is Tewi.

On the other hand, do want Eirin route.
>> No. 15503
>>15499

I'd Eientei's walls.
>> No. 15504
[x] Kiss Sakuya
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
[x] Ask for Tewi's help

It's just a kiss you big baby.
>> No. 15506
[X] Continue to wait here on your own
>> No. 15509
[X] Ask for Tewi's help

What could possibly go wrong..?

Worst case scenario, it leads to a repeat of the last run's ending only with some differences...

Quit being a baby and be adventerous.
>> No. 15511
[x] Continue to wait here on your own
>> No. 15512
[x] Continue to wait here on your own.

We aren't going to survive "simply" kissing Eirin, even with Tewi's good luck.
>> No. 15513
[X] Ask for Tewi's help

just what i wanted.
>> No. 15514
[x] Continue to wait here on your own.
>> No. 15515
[x] Continue to wait here on your own.
>> No. 15516
Wait, wait, didn't Marisa already give us a choice like this last playthrough?
>> No. 15518
[X] Continue to wait here on your own

Knowing Tewi's mischievous behavior, I'm gonna try to stay away from her.
>> No. 15519
[X] Continue to wait here on your own.
>> No. 15521
Whatever we do, remember we have a fan watching us.
>>I understand that things aren't all too clear at times, but I just wanted to say that you're doing a good job. I hope that in the next leg of your journey, you continue to make interesting choices (perhaps upping the ante, eh?). I'll be rooting for you.

Let's not disappoint them, hm?
>> No. 15523
>>15521

Right. Okay then.
[x] Ask for Tewi's help
>> No. 15524
Well, writing and all that. Probably won't take that long, since this is shorter than the alternative.
>> No. 15525
>>15524

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 15526
[x] Continue to wait here on your own

“I'll take a pass.” What passes for stubborn pride has you firmly anchored here. No matter how long you have to wait, you won't budge an inch. “So thanks, but no thanks.”
“Aww, shucks. It's because it's Eirin isn't it?” There's a definite disappointment in her voice.
“It's a whole lot of things.”
“I thought you had more conviction than this. There goes a potentially interesting moment for the both of you.” She shrugs, changing back to her vibrant usual self.
“That's just the way things are.” You pick up the Game Boy, intent on passing the time by playing more.
“Well, I wish you the best of luck with your way then.”
“Sure, thanks.” Before she goes, Tewi comes at you from the side, and plants a noisy smooch on your cheek. You look up wordlessly as she skips away, looking like she hasn't got a care in the world. “I wonder what that was for?” You mumble to yourself as you go back to the monochrome game world.

The rain finally lets up by evening. As do the Game Boy's batteries. Left with no real entertainment, time passes by even slower than before. There's doubt in your mind, whether Kaguya will come back or not. It's plain as day that she went to do something else besides taking a bath. Something which does not involve you. Without any form of external stimulus, you retreat into a fantasy scenario inside of your head. It's fun enough, with the pitch dark corridors passing for the deepest bowels of some god-forsaken dungeon. Fearsome monsters are no match for your sharp sword and stalwart companions; Undead abominations are dispatched left and right with almost mechanical efficiency.

Later on, the unthinkable happens. You are separated from your companions, lost and mildly wounded. Your cries echo in the cavernous depths of the dungeon, with no reply. Waves of foul undead creatures swarm about you, and you courageously make you stand as best you can. Using your last potions and ever-increasingly desperate tactics you manage to cleave through to the heinous master of the damned. With the odds against you, and your companions nowhere to be found, you stage a frenzied final all-or-nothing attack against the hideous fiend. You watch in horror as your attack fails dramatically, leaving open for a mercilessly cruel counterattack. Mountains of the vile creatures fall upon you, clawing and biting at your exposed body. A thunderous laugh comes from the boss, and it's the last thing you hear before you succumb to your attackers.

You wake up with a start. Your pulse is rapid and you're sweating. The scenes from your nightmare are still vividly etched on your mind. You look around the area, sweeping all directions with your gaze, realizing that you're still in the hallway. You must've fallen asleep at some point. You just can't remember when. As you go to check your PDA for the time, you notice that your lower half has been covered by a blanket. Someone must have seen you here and covered you up. You must have been in a deep sleep since you didn't notice it at all. It's already past midnight. Your vigil hasn't yielded much result.

You yawn and stretch, getting up to walk around a bit. It's then that you notice it – there's a light inside of Kaguya's room. Your spirits are raised. You knock, but without waiting for a reply, you open the door and walk in. There, sitting as usual, is Kaguya. There's a full minute of silence as you stare at her, unsure of what to say. After all, you really didn't expect her to just be there. A whole day of waiting does that to one. It's her that says the first word.

“You're awake now?” She asks as if you had gone for a comfortable afternoon nap. “Good, I thought you were going to catch a cold out there. With the day being so damp and all. That blanket probably didn't do much to help either.”
“I... feel fine.”
“Then there's nothing to worry about.” There's a smile on her face, but it looks forced. You can't tell what it is she's really thinking. “Ah! Where are my manners? Have a seat!”
“Alright.” You sit opposite her, still collecting your thoughts. You wanted to talk, but now you're not sure what to say, much less how to feel. There's an awkward silence as neither of you speaks. You each avoid eye contact with the other, and for the first time ever, you're not entirely comfortable with your buddy.

[] Write-in

---
I guess if you really can't come up with anything a passive '[x] wait for her to speak might move things along', albeit perhaps not in an ideal fashion.
>> No. 15528
[x]Try and end the awkwardness
- "So, um...have a nice bath?"
- "...wanna write write those death threats to Sunrise together?
>> No. 15535
>Before she goes, Tewi comes at you from the side, and plants a noisy smooch on your cheek. You look up wordlessly as she skips away, looking like she hasn't got a care in the world. “I wonder what that was for?” You mumble to yourself as you go back to the monochrome game world.

For luck.

>There's an awkward silence as neither of you speaks. You each avoid eye contact with the other, and for the first time ever, you're not entirely comfortable with your buddy.

[x] "For the first time ever, I feel uncomfortable around my... well, around you. Is that what you were feeling yourself, when you were listening to Eirin and me this morning? If so, I'm not surprised you gave me the run-around this morning."
[x] "Did Eirin do something to you? I know you suggested getting my mind wiped by her, so..."
[x] "I think there's something you need to say, but you don't want me to hear it. More than any outside, malevolent force that's plotting our ruination, I think the greatest danger here is if one of us were to start keeping secrets from the other. After all, if you can't trust a buddy with a secret, who can you?"

Let's talk about our feelings. Address the pink elephant in the room. It's what Shirou would do.
>> No. 15537
[x] "For the first time ever, I feel uncomfortable around my... well, around you. Is that what you were feeling yourself, when you were listening to Eirin and me this morning? If so, I'm not surprised you gave me the run-around this morning."
[x] "Did Eirin do something to you? I know you suggested getting my mind wiped by her, so..."
[x] "I think there's something you need to say, but you don't want me to hear it. More than any outside, malevolent force that's plotting our ruination, I think the greatest danger here is if one of us were to start keeping secrets from the other. After all, if you can't trust a buddy with a secret, who can you?"

Let's hope the kiss's effect stayed with us for the hours it took to get to this point.
>> No. 15538
[x] "For the first time ever, I feel uncomfortable around my... well, around you. Is that what you were feeling yourself, when you were listening to Eirin and me this morning? If so, I'm not surprised you gave me the run-around this morning."
[x] "Did Eirin do something to you? I know you suggested getting my mind wiped by her, so..."
[x] "I think there's something you need to say, but you don't want me to hear it. More than any outside, malevolent force that's plotting our ruination, I think the greatest danger here is if one of us were to start keeping secrets from the other. After all, if you can't trust a buddy with a secret, who can you?"
>> No. 15539
[x] "For the first time ever, I feel uncomfortable around my... well, around you. Is that what you were feeling yourself, when you were listening to Eirin and me this morning? If so, I'm not surprised you gave me the run-around this morning."
[x] "Did Eirin do something to you? I know you suggested getting my mind wiped by her, so..."
[x] "I think there's something you need to say, but you don't want me to hear it. More than any outside, malevolent force that's plotting our ruination, I think the greatest danger here is if one of us were to start keeping secrets from the other. After all, if you can't trust a buddy with a secret, who can you?"

This is actually good and very Shirou like.
>> No. 15540
>>15535

I salute your write-in sir.

[x] "For the first time ever, I feel uncomfortable around my... well, around you. Is that what you were feeling yourself, when you were listening to Eirin and me this morning? If so, I'm not surprised you gave me the run-around this morning."
[x] "Did Eirin do something to you? I know you suggested getting my mind wiped by her, so..."
[x] "I think there's something you need to say, but you don't want me to hear it. More than any outside, malevolent force that's plotting our ruination, I think the greatest danger here is if one of us were to start keeping secrets from the other. After all, if you can't trust a buddy with a secret, who can you?"
>> No. 15542
File 123969482571.jpg - (71.49KB, 400x450, 57f1469a6b7458f91976a380b22d2cb2.jpg) [iqdb]
15542
[X] Calm down. Relax. Take it easy. This is Kaguya, the last person in the world you should be feeling uncomfortable around, and the last person you would want feeling uncomfortable around you.
[X] Gently ask about the past day or so. Is she alright? You were worried enough as it was with all the sleeping, but then going off for that long bath? If you didn't know any better, even you would have to think she might have been trying to avoid yo-....oh.
[X] Ask her, directly and honestly, what's wrong? Why has someone you care about been avoiding you like you're a leper all day? Why is it that, now you're finally together, neither of you can even look the other in the eye?


[X] If it helps ease your nervousness, imagine Kaguya wearing something silly during all of this. Like cat ears. Kagunyan~.
>> No. 15550
[x] "For the first time ever, I feel uncomfortable around my... well, around you. Is that what you were feeling yourself, when you were listening to Eirin and me this morning? If so, I'm not surprised you gave me the run-around this morning."
[x] "Did Eirin do something to you? I know you suggested getting my mind wiped by her, so..."
[x] "I think there's something you need to say, but you don't want me to hear it. More than any outside, malevolent force that's plotting our ruination, I think the greatest danger here is if one of us were to start keeping secrets from the other. After all, if you can't trust a buddy with a secret, who can you?"

>>15535
Not bad. Thank you for that.

>>15542
And thank you for that.
>> No. 15551
Well, I won't be writing for an hour or two more at the very least. So until then, voting remains open to any addenda, modifications, etc as always.

>>15542
You are now hearing in your head and singing along to Neko Mimi Modo.unyaan~
>> No. 15552
File 123976241225.jpg - (197.34KB, 1119x1600, 030_370ra.jpg) [iqdb]
15552
[!/] Calm down and chill write-in.
>> No. 15553
File 123978179442.jpg - (145.18KB, 439x621, onetwo.jpg) [iqdb]
15553
I think that's all the voting that's going to be, uh, voted.
>> No. 15554
>>15553
Indeed. I haven't updated because I had to step out for a while instead. But, well, there should be an update soon. The slowness of /eientei/ is rather depressing in any case.
>> No. 15555
>>15554
10 voters most of the time. With discussion and good inputs. You are still going strong after a year Teruyo.
>> No. 15556
Overcoming the awkwardness isn't very easy. Kaguya's passiveness causes you, in turn, to be passive yourself. It does seem like she's about to speak a couple of times, her lips parting, but she then bites her lip. It's a strange situation. You're at a complete loss at what to do. And time passes. You think about how bizarre this is. You've been here for a while now. Talked to Kaguya numerous times. And this is the first time that you really don't know what to say or do. You recall your online conversations, nothing like this happened then either. Anxiety, sure. But that was mostly due from not speaking to her. It's in this self-reflective mood that you finally get something of an idea of what to say.

“For...” Your first word creaks out, violating the silence of the room. It doesn't sound right to you, but you continue, realizing that if you don't build up momentum this stasis will never end. You look forward, and bring some more firmness into your voice. “For the first time ever, I feel uncomfortable around my... well, around you.” Kaguya reacts to the word 'you', stirring slightly. She fixes her gaze to just below your face, seemingly paying attention to you. “Is that what you were feeling yourself, when you were listening to Eirin and me this morning?” She looks up now, “If so, I'm not surprised you gave me the run-around this morning.”
“I...” She bites her lip for a moment, taking the time to choose her words carefully, “wasn't listening in on you. I have no idea what you are talking about.”
“Oh, you weren't?”
“I, well, left the clinic after a while. Sometime mid-morning.”
“Ah.” You'd reached an incorrect conclusion. You're not sure what else to say about that, as there's still that lingering awkwardness hanging about.
“I'm not feeling very comfortable right now either.” She confesses.
“Did Eirin do something to you? I know you suggested getting my mind wiped by her, so...” You follow up, looking for the root of the problem.
“What?” She looks at you, confused. “What sort of thing are you suggesting?”
“You went in to see her right?”
“We just talked a bit and we had some tea. And I lay down a bit on her advice.” The awkwardness is underlined by a slight anxiety in her voice. You don't pursue the conversation any further, just deciding to say what you feel.
“I was just asking. More importantly, I think there's something you need to say, but don't want me to hear it. More than any outside, malevolent force that's plotting our ruination, I think the greatest danger here is if one of us were to start keeping secrets from the other. After all, if you can't trust a buddy with a secret, who can you?”
“No one.” She replies after a moment of thought. “That's just the thing though.” You wait for her to continue. “It's not about secrets. It's just that there are some things I do not wish to talk about. It's not that hard to understand, is it? I'm sure even you have things you wouldn't like to talk about. Not necessarily because it's a secret or anything, but there's no real point to it, or nothing good can come from discussing it.”
“But if it affect the both of us, isn't it only fair that we are open about it? Otherwise it's just going to be a problem. And I really don't want to go away or for this to end.”
“...it's not like I want that either.”
“Then let's not let it come to that. There's nothing you can't tell me, you know. And I hope that I could tell you anything as well.”
“Talking about it won't help. It's just best if we both accept reality and move on.” Her usual mellifluous and gentle voice sounds rather constrained now and you see that she's trying her best to remain composed. “It's already decided. By this time tomorrow you'll be gone.”
“That's...!” unfair, you want to say. But all of your saliva has dried up, causing you to merely croak a protest. It feels like an atomic blast just went off in your stomach.
“...That.” Kaguya concludes firmly. “There's nothing more to it. I've stayed up this late to tell you just that.” She pushes you out with her words, “I wish to sleep now. We can spend some time together tomorrow before you go.”

That's it. It can't be though. It's all just too sudden. You look at Kaguya pleadingly. She ignores you and gets up, heading for her sleeping chamber.

[] Quietly go away. For now at least...
[] This can't end like this... (write-in)

---
>>15555
The board as a whole seems moribund. Not that many voters for all of the stories here. It's a shame. In my case, I'll continue to write as long as there's even a single reader left. I personally love the discussion and some of the things you guys do. I just think that it would be lovely if there were more activity here. Not necessarily the high level that HY's latest endeanvor gets (although I don't think there's a single writefag here who wouldn't mind that large a readerbase), but something more. Sure, perhaps the same could be said of a lot of the stories/boards on THP, but hell, there's nothing wrong with wanting to share the things that you enjoy with others is there? I mean, soul-crushing lack of updates notwithstanding QWL really should get more votes, if only for the cool and unique perspective he offers. And yeah, I can say tons of good things about the other stories here, but well, I'm kinda rambling here, ain't I? So yeah. Sorry to vent like this. I'm most definitely not blaming you guys, you make this fun for me.
>> No. 15557
>>15556
Well, there seems to be a constant ammount of people here on TP. Maybe losing some, winning some. I don't think that this will change unless new writers stop showing up or people stop writing.
>I just think that it would be lovely if there were more activity here.
There are plenty people, but no everyone votes or likes every story. Many just reading and lurking. It shows always again, people pop up from nowhere when you think it's dead silent around here.
>although I don't think there's a single writefag here who wouldn't mind that large a readerbase
YAF is taking this especially hard, he wants to have his huge readerbase when he just started TS back. Plus a hundred other things that would fill up entire threads.
Other writers are happy if they have at least 2 or 3 people reading. It really depends on the person.
Sadly, you lost people with your first run. Probably you come right before TS in a popularity poll.
>> No. 15558
File 123980254251.jpg - (16.32KB, 500x320, phoenix_wright_news.jpg) [iqdb]
15558
[X] Get it together, damn it!
[X] "Hold it!"
[X] "I've been waiting for you since last night, through two bouts of sleep and what I'm pretty sure would have to be the longest bath in recorded history, avoided getting involved in one of Tewi's shenanigans, and playing that poor Gameboy's batteries into oblivion until you came back, and after all that the best you can give me is 'I don't want to talk about it' and 'it's best to accept reality and move on'? Sorry, buddy, but I haven't been waiting for you all this time just to see you shut me down and run away from me again.
[X] You just said it's not like you want me to go away, or for this to end, so then why are you letting it?! Why are you so willing to throw away our time together, for the sake of some mysterious threat you won't talk about? What has our friendship meant if you can say you'd rather I either hate you or be unable to remember any of it rather than deal with whatever risk you think there is in me staying?
[X] "Maybe you are right. Maybe it is dangerous for me to stay here, to the point I could even be killed. I don't care. For all you know, I have just as much a chance of chance dying by getting hit by a bus or something back home than getting hurt or killed by anything here! If it's a choice between dying here by your side, or dying alone out there, I'd rather take the one that lets me be with the person I care about for as long as possible!

...there's more I'd add, but I have to get going now, sadly.
>> No. 15559
[x] Get it together, damn it!
[x] "Hold it!"
[x] "I've been waiting for you since last night, through two bouts of sleep and what I'm pretty sure would have to be the longest bath in recorded history, avoided getting involved in one of Tewi's shenanigans, and playing that poor Gameboy's batteries into oblivion until you came back, and after all that the best you can give me is 'I don't want to talk about it' and 'it's best to accept reality and move on'? Sorry, buddy, but I haven't been waiting for you all this time just to see you shut me down and run away from me again."
[x] "You just said it's not like you want me to go away, or for this to end, so then why are you letting it?! Why are you so willing to throw away our time together, for the sake of some mysterious threat you won't talk about? What has our friendship meant if you can say you'd rather I either hate you or be unable to remember any of it rather than deal with whatever risk you think there is in me staying?"
[x] "Maybe you are right. Maybe it is dangerous for me to stay here, to the point I could even be killed. I don't care. For all you know, I have just as much a chance of chance dying by getting hit by a bus or something back home than getting hurt or killed by anything here! If it's a choice between dying here by your side, or dying alone out there, I'd rather take the one that lets me be with the person I care about for as long as possible!"
[x] "And I know that sounds incredibly corny, but... it's how I really feel!"

I like this. It's got moxie.

Even if it does nothing to change Kaguya's mind, Shirou will feel better and be more confident just for having said it.
>> No. 15560
>>15558
>>15559

What these two said.
>> No. 15561
[X] Get it together, damn it!
[X] "Hold it!"
[X] "I've been waiting for you since last night, through two bouts of sleep and what I'm pretty sure would have to be the longest bath in recorded history, avoided getting involved in one of Tewi's shenanigans, and playing that poor Gameboy's batteries into oblivion until you came back, and after all that the best you can give me is 'I don't want to talk about it' and 'it's best to accept reality and move on'? Sorry, buddy, but I haven't been waiting for you all this time just to see you shut me down and run away from me again.
[X] You just said it's not like you want me to go away, or for this to end, so then why are you letting it?! Why are you so willing to throw away our time together, for the sake of some mysterious threat you won't talk about? What has our friendship meant if you can say you'd rather I either hate you or be unable to remember any of it rather than deal with whatever risk you think there is in me staying?
[X] "Maybe you are right. Maybe it is dangerous for me to stay here, to the point I could even be killed. I don't care. For all you know, I have just as much a chance of chance dying by getting hit by a bus or something back home than getting hurt or killed by anything here! If it's a choice between dying here by your side, or dying alone out there, I'd rather take the one that lets me be with the person I care about for as long as possible!

>...there's more I'd add, but I have to get going now, sadly.

plus [x] whatever else he writes.

And if those 2 last write ins don't help and we get kicked home, screw em, break out and hide at Keine's or Mokou's home. Find a job, home and go for Mokou just to screw with Kaguya.
>> No. 15562
Good writing job, Teruyo. The awkwardness is very palpable.

I suppose I will support meta-responding in the hope of making Shirou better about saying it.
[x] What they said

We should probably also apologize for belittling Eirin's integrity just now, though I suppose a time for everything.
>> No. 15563
[X] Get it together, damn it!
[X] "Hold it!"
[X] "I've been waiting for you since last night, through two bouts of sleep and what I'm pretty sure would have to be the longest bath in recorded history, avoided getting involved in one of Tewi's shenanigans, and playing that poor Gameboy's batteries into oblivion until you came back, and after all that the best you can give me is 'I don't want to talk about it' and 'it's best to accept reality and move on'? Sorry, buddy, but I haven't been waiting for you all this time just to see you shut me down and run away from me again.
[X] You just said it's not like you want me to go away, or for this to end, so then why are you letting it?! Why are you so willing to throw away our time together, for the sake of some mysterious threat you won't talk about? What has our friendship meant if you can say you'd rather I either hate you or be unable to remember any of it rather than deal with whatever risk you think there is in me staying?
[X] "Maybe you are right. Maybe it is dangerous for me to stay here, to the point I could even be killed. I don't care. For all you know, I have just as much a chance of chance dying by getting hit by a bus or something back home than getting hurt or killed by anything here! If it's a choice between dying here by your side, or dying alone out there, I'd rather take the one that lets me be with the person I care about for as long as possible!

Perfect.
>> No. 15565
[X] Get it together, damn it!
[X] "Hold it!"
[X] "I've been waiting for you since last night, through two bouts of sleep and what I'm pretty sure would have to be the longest bath in recorded history, avoided getting involved in one of Tewi's shenanigans, and playing that poor Gameboy's batteries into oblivion until you came back, and after all that the best you can give me is 'I don't want to talk about it' and 'it's best to accept reality and move on'? Sorry, buddy, but I haven't been waiting for you all this time just to see you shut me down and run away from me again.
[X] You just said it's not like you want me to go away, or for this to end, so then why are you letting it?! Why are you so willing to throw away our time together, for the sake of some mysterious threat you won't talk about? What has our friendship meant if you can say you'd rather I either hate you or be unable to remember any of it rather than deal with whatever risk you think there is in me staying?
[X] "Maybe you are right. Maybe it is dangerous for me to stay here, to the point I could even be killed. I don't care. For all you know, I have just as much a chance of chance dying by getting hit by a bus or something back home than getting hurt or killed by anything here! If it's a choice between dying here by your side, or dying alone out there, I'd rather take the one that lets me be with the person I care about for as long as possible!
>> No. 15570
>>15558
I vote for this, italics and all.

It'll be interesting if Kaguya will respond in kind, an outburst for an outburst. She seemed like she was running out of restraint there at the end.

>>15561
>And if those 2 last write ins don't help and we get kicked home, screw em, break out and hide at Keine's or Mokou's home.
I'm starting to wonder if it actually does come to this. Going into hiding from Kaguya and Eientei while trying to figure out/resolve whatever issues forced the decision to deport Shirou would certainly qualify as not "really seeing much more of certain characters for a while."
>> No. 15571
>>I'm starting to wonder if it actually does come to this. Going into hiding from Kaguya and Eientei while trying to figure out/resolve whatever issues forced the decision to deport Shirou would certainly qualify as not "really seeing much more of certain characters for a while."

I'm thinking it could either be that, or considering whose route we're supposed to be on, something else that we've already been told if it does happen we're doing something very wrong...
>> No. 15572
File 123983892896.jpg - (52.72KB, 864x480, 1239832519233.jpg) [iqdb]
15572
[!/] Huge fucking write-in.
>> No. 15573
[x] what >>15558 and others said.

Hoping for surprise party end.
A despair end if fine too
>> No. 15574
[X] See that awesome write-in in above? Yeah, I vote for that.

And I concur with the runaway backup plan. We either stay in Gensoky, or die trying!
>> No. 15576
Sorry guys, but it looks like I won't be able to update for 6-7 hours more at the very least least, on account of having no internet access during this time. I'll try my best to get back online before that, but things aren't looking up.

Also, would Mokou be getting off to your emotional outbursts with Kaguya? This is totally irrelevant to the current plot, but somehow the answer makes me smile. Same goes when I think about yandere Reisen and how she would probably be making plans, or acting upon them by now. Also this is totally not just some cheap food for thought meant to somehow make up for not updating.

>>15557
Eh, I know not everyone enjoys every story, but sometimes I wonder if maybe just out of obliviousness or lack of knowledge (or prejudice even) some people don't ever read some really neat things out there. Again, I'm speaking broadly here. In my case, while I certainly would not mind having voters come out en masse and not just at certain time intervals of the day, I'm happy with you lot. And I have no problems in getting satisfaction. So yeah.
>> No. 15577
>>15576
we love you too man
>> No. 15578
>>15576
>>Also, would Mokou be getting off to your emotional outbursts with Kaguya?

Seeing her worst enemy getting called out on her bullshit and verbally cut down to size by none other than her own best friend, the very guy Mokou repeatedly wrote off as Kaguya's lackey? Why wouldn't she?
Considering how physical pain and injury have probably long since become old hat to them, witnessing Kaguya be struck and hurt in a way far deeper and more painful than could be accomplished by any physical weapon would surely be a new and exciting thing for Mokou to see. Bonus points if Kaguya winds up crumpled on the floor, crying and consumed by a level of pain and sorrow so powerful you can almost hear the sounds of her heart breaking between her wracking sobs. All at once, the pants-wearing immortal would find herself feeling things she never quite felt before, certainly not all at once. Joy mingled with pangs of pity, and through it would arise a single, solid thought. She must have him. There, and now.

...er, sorry, what was the question?
>> No. 15579
File 123984812443.jpg - (531.99KB, 1022x800, 1237606971760.jpg) [iqdb]
15579
>about yandere Reisen and how she would probably be making plans,

I prefer a Kuudere Reisen. But flipped so the secondary trait is the primary and vice versa.

Stupid Sexy Lockon Reisen.
>> No. 15581
File 123984908729.jpg - (379.80KB, 500x600, ca99cdce0aaf1043ee25e5aa45d6f3fa.jpg) [iqdb]
15581
>>15579
But Yandere Reisen would allow for such a perfect way of staying even if we fail to convince Kaguya and are forced to try to run away.
Spotting us as we try to escape Eientei, Reisen beckons to us and offers to help us. After accepting her help, we find ourselves waking up in an out-of-the-way room somewhere in Eientei, tied down to a bed wearing nothing but our underwear, with an equally undressed Reisen tending to our every need. Feeding us, cleaning us, and tending to our every need and want, so long as we look at her and only her.
The others would surely become suspicious eventually, but that's perfectly fine. She won't let any of those harlots steal away what is rightfully hers. One by one, they will be removed from the picture, until they have Eientei all to themselves, just the two of them, forever and ever...

Well, okay, the "forever and ever" part is still a work in progress, best not to worry about that now. It's time for dinner! I do so hope you like liver...
>> No. 15585
>>15581
>It's time for dinner! I do so hope you like liver...

I'd take the offer.
>> No. 15588
File 123985217221.jpg - (469.79KB, 600x900, 868c3a0d4cf0754bd61c277df3056d9b.jpg) [iqdb]
15588
>>15581

Sounds to Mirai Nikki.

I stand by the my suggested inverted Kuudere Reisen.
>> No. 15589
>>15588
Yeah, I'm a little too tired to come up with anything crazier, so Reisen-as-Yuuno was the best I could think up at the moment.

How on earth would a reverse-kuudere work, anyway? She's outwardly warm and affectionate, but then reveals that inwardly she's cold and emotionless, going from being sweet and loving to aloof and indifferent at the drop of a hat?

...as much as I wonder what the appeal of that could be, I still somehow find it strangely intriguing.
>> No. 15590
>>15589
>How on earth would a reverse-kuudere work, anyway? She's outwardly warm and affectionate, but then reveals that inwardly she's cold and emotionless, going from being sweet and loving to aloof and indifferent at the drop of a hat?

With these kind of character stereotypes, I don't think you can dispense with the underlying affection. Regardless of the expression, there's still some (twisted) form of love being espressed. To me, a reverse-kuudere is basically a different type of yandere. Outwardly bursting with adoration and expressions of love, but when challenged/threatened/concerned, they become cold, calculating, and logical to the point of abandoning their humanity. All for the sake of the relationship, of course. Deviations from the logical conclusion that the object of their affections should be with them are anomalous and should be dealt with as an error.
>> No. 15591
>>15590
So, basically a Reisen who goes from moeblob to Terminator?
>> No. 15592
>>they become cold, calculating, and logical to the point of abandoning their humanity. All for the sake of the relationship, of course. Deviations from the logical conclusion that the object of their affections should be with them are anomalous and should be dealt with as an error.

Uh-oh...

>>“This information is useful to me. With it, I can see how I can best take care of Kaguya. See? I bet it hadn't occurred to you that this, to me, is just another aspect of my duty to her.”
>>“If I thought that you were really harmful you would have already been gone one way or another. I wouldn't give it a second thought.”

>>She was even tempted to amend her doctrine to better accommodate the current reality.
>>Despite accumulating knowledge, plans, and fail safes, she knew from experience that it never hurt to have one more insurance policy. >>Less than a month later she would look back on this moment, and see that her way of thinking was, as always, the best.
>> No. 15593
>>15591

Holy. Crap.

Why haven't we seen this before?
>> No. 15595
Updates don't look that good, on account of my being extremely exhausted after a full day. I'll try to squeeze something out regardless, but no promises.

As for the Yandere thing, I'll just post this summary of the Yoppi route (spoilered for those who don't want to be spoiled) taken earlier from /jp/. Imagine this applied to Reisen (although the other ideas posted are also... quite something);

Once you get into her route, you walk in on her while she is in her underwear. TO hide from others to keep this misunderstanding a secret, you crowd into a locker with her. The next day at school, Yoppi doesn't show up, and Erika is worried about her because she's not answering the phone and only sent an e-mail saying she was sick. Erika sends you out to her apartment to check up on her. Upon arriving, you are kept waiting outside for 30 minutes, and when you are finally let in, you notice that yoppi appears to have taken a shower. You notice a large box full of what appears to be used tissues, but upon taking her temprature she appears to be fine. Yoppi claims she just got over her cold. The actual use of these tissues is implied to be something else, you can use your imagination; after the close quarters in the locker, she spent the day masterbating at home to you. Yoppi locks the door behind you using multiple bolts and chain locks and closes all the curtains. It becomes evident she doesn't want you to leave, and finally when it starts getting late, the discussion gets around to romance, and after indirectly stating you feel something for her, Yoppi plunges her tounge down your throat for a minute straight, which she proclaims is her first kiss. She then pulls you down, and you spend the rest of night and the most of the following day having sex.

You wake up the morning after with an expensive bracelet on your wrist bought for you as a gift -- with a lock that can't be taken off again. You go back to school, and Yoppi becomes irrational whenever any girl talks to you for whatever reason. She attacks you for cheating on her. She takes to psychologically terrorizing and bullying the girls around you. She gets up in the middle of the night to check your cell phone. She makes greater and greater demands on your time and freedom. Any contact with the oppsoite sex for whatever reason is met with a cold rage. She suffers from collpasing fits if called dirty, regardless of the context. She has a compulsive need to masterbate EVERY morning, no matter what, even if you are lying in bed right beside her. She becomes distant from Erika and her classmates, devoting every waking moment into your relationship with her and she finally tells Erika to stay away from you, and when Erika refuses, Yoppi launches a plot to have her raped by you. If you decline this rape plot, Yoppi becomes suicidaly depressed and runs off intent on comitting suicide. You find her, calm her down and promise to be manly enough to accept a yandere waifu.

>> No. 15597
>>15595
sounds like a happy end.
>> No. 15600
File 123990551082.jpg - (479.52KB, 1024x768, geass.jpg) [iqdb]
15600
>>15597

Only if you don't factor in how much more likely that little plot was to succeed if the person who came up with it could make use of the ability to induce madness and hallucinations in others to get them to do what you want...
>> No. 15601
File 123992155162.jpg - (341.72KB, 914x793, 8e4debe32c6956baa15f4551a229cc61.jpg) [iqdb]
15601
>>15600

Oh hey....remember that story? Yea that one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7fffceccbab45a3bbda4076e811714c8e04e75f6e8ebb871
>> No. 15602
File 123992259491.jpg - (306.90KB, 547x700, fiftyyears.jpg) [iqdb]
15602
>>15601
Remember? Remember what? I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about, Anon.
Nope, none whatsoever.

Now excuse me, it seems to be raining right now.
>> No. 15609
No. This can't go down like this. In a flash, extreme anxiety and worry come to a boil, turning into something different.

Get it together, damn it!

“Hold it!” You cry out with unsuppressed vigor. The presence of your timbre startles even you, causing Kaguya to stop dead in her tracks. You take it as a sign that she's listening and continue with no delay; “I've been waiting for you since last night, through two bouts of sleep and what I'm pretty sure would have to be the longest bath in recorded history, avoided getting involved in one of Tewi's shenanigans, and playing that poor Game Boy's batteries into oblivion until you came back, and after all that the best you can give me is 'I don't want to talk about it' and 'it's best to accept reality and move on'? Sorry, buddy, but I haven't been waiting for you all this time just to see you shut me down and run away from me again.”

You didn't even stop to breathe for that. A poor choice maybe, since your longs are still sensitive and sore, but your drive wouldn't allow it to have gone down any other way. You can't tell what she's thinking from her half-turned face; It could be as easily guilt as it could be quiet indifference. Right now, the little things don't matter, so you continue with your rant:

"You just said it's not like you want me to go away, or for this to end, so then why are you letting it?! Why are you so willing to throw away our time together, for the sake of some mysterious threat you won't talk about? What has our friendship meant if you can say you'd rather I either hate you or be unable to remember any of it rather than deal with whatever risk you think there is in me staying?" It's a heartfelt, if desperate, rant. You get what you're feeling off your chest. At the very least she has to know how strongly you feel about this Hopefully she'll be as open as you're being. It's only friggin' fair. “Maybe you are right. Maybe it is dangerous for me to stay here, to the point I could even be killed. I don't care. For all you know, I have just as much a chance of chance dying by getting hit by a bus or something back home than getting hurt or killed by anything here! If it's a choice between dying here by your side, or dying alone out there, I'd rather take the one that lets me be with the person I care about for as long as possible!"

There. You said it. That last, direct, thing. There's a lot of different kinds of emotions that she could associate that statement to, and at this stage you don't really care. As long as she feels similarly, not even the same, it should be fine. Your body shakes and your heart beats fast – this is a a thrill. You're experiencing a rush. Getting things out in the open is a cathartic thrill, even as you dread what Kaguya might say, feeling vulnerable and naked, there's a feeling of accomplishment. This needed to be said. IT was the natural culmination of things. With a slightly quivering, and relatively muted voice, you add, “And I know that sounds incredibly corny, but... it's how I really feel!”

An instant after you're done, Kaguya turns completely around. There's a moment of silence, a dark shadow that passes and clouds Kaguya's face for a moment and then disappears. “A lot of what you say is corny. Quite stupid at times as well. And don't get me started on the choices that you always seem to make...” there's a 'but' here, right?. “Truth be told, I'm not sure that I like it, looking at it objectively. But that's just the thing, I'm not looking at things objectively when I'm with you. I'm having fun and enjoying myself. If I didn't care about you, I wouldn't have brought you here to begin with.” Her voice rises slightly, she returns to a flatter tone after a pause. “It's because I care that I want you to be safe. It's as simple as that. I don't care in the slightest if you end up hating in the slightest...” She repeats herself, as if trying to convince herself, “No I don't at all. If you get hit by a bus, there's nothing I can do about it, it's not my fault. It would be horrible, but it's a risk that comes from living in your world. There shouldn't even a risk of you getting hurt for being with a friend. It's not natural. I can't be responsible for your suffering.”
“So you don't really care as long as you aren't responsible?”
“I didn't say that!” For the first time, Kaguya exclaims. “There's no way I'd even want you to get hurt!” There's another pause as she returns to her more composed voice, but as she speaks, there's an unmistakable underlying insecurity in her voice. “A true friend would not knowingly expose another friend to danger. If there's anyone that should suffer for the unsavory components of my life, it should be me and no one else. There's no need for others to become involved. That is something that can only lead to tragedy and bitterness.”
“Hey, I really don't care about that. I told you already, none of that matters to me. Isn't it enough that I feel this way?”
“You don't understand what you're getting into.”
“Then make me understand! It can't possibly be that bad! And even if it was, that's all the more reason for me to be around! I want to be here, be with all of you. For better and, if it comes to it, worse.”
“Please shut up.” There's no insult in her words, it's just a preamble for her own emotional response. “Can't you let me selfish just this once? I know what you want is understandable, even logical, but I've already made up my mind. I won't let you get hurt over me. It's not fair, I know, but you've got to understand.”
“And I'm telling you to let me be selfish. That's all. So you don't have to be selfish, just let me bear the burden of my own stubborn decision. I will never have any regrets, and neither should you. I'll fight if I have to, in order to keep the things that are precious to me. Nothing in the world can make me reconsider.”
“...Nothing in this world?” There's a reflective undertone in her voice. She takes a few steps forwards, and it dawns upon you how delicate she looks. Not in the way her usual unearthly grace and charm makes her look. It's something altogether different. She speaks again, her eyes drawing you to her with an inexplicable depth. “I don't wish to reverse my position so easily. There's merit in my line of thinking, otherwise I wouldn't have considered it. I ask you to give me some time to think. So that I don't make a mistake.”
“If that's the way it's got to be.” There's no point in pressuring her further, you won't win that way. You realize that this is the closest that you can come to peacefully changing her mind in one go.
“Good night then.” She looks at you solemnly.
“Good night...”

[] Remind her that you'll try to stay no matter what
[] Hug her; You'll accept her judgment

----
>>15597
Good, happy, awesome, really hot - your mileage may vary.

>>15602
>>15601
You can't resist, can you anon? Every single fucking time.
>> No. 15610
[x] Hug her; You'll accept her judgment
>> No. 15611
File 123996057687.jpg - (98.55KB, 418x286, goodone.jpg) [iqdb]
15611
[X] Hug her; You'll accept her judgment
[X] "...bwuddy."

Well, I'm glad that didn't end badly. I just hope we actually made some progress this time and don't have to have this discussion yet again after a second day of her avoiding us and reaffirming her original "Shirou's gotta go" stance. Two impassioned-yet-corny pleas to not be sent away is my limit, thanks. Any more, and I'll either wind up in full-blown cornball mode and start preaching about The POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, or just say "screw it" and vote for either confessing our undying love for Kaguya or shackling ourselves to her or someone else. Or both. And then burn the place down in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 15613
[X] Hug her
[X] Remind her that you'll stay no matter what

2nd one while hugging with as much emotion in your voice as possible. Someone make a good write in with that.
>> No. 15614
[X] Hug her; You'll accept her judgment
[X] "Heh... Sad thing is, I don't think I even belong out there anymore, not after seeing everything here."
[X] "G'night, Bwuddy."
[X] go get some Z's
>> No. 15615
[x] Hug her.
[x] Remind her that you'll try to stay no matter what.

No matter what.
>> No. 15617
[X] Hug her; You'll accept her judgment
[X] "Heh... Sad thing is, I don't think I even belong out there anymore, not after seeing everything here."
[X] "G'night, Bwuddy."
[X] go get some Z's
>> No. 15618
>>Sad thing is, I don't think I even belong out there anymore, not after seeing everything here.

"Anymore" would suggest he ever belonged "out there" to begin with.

>>I lived alone in a small apartment, living off of money saved up and small monthly stipends. My life there was regularized; I would spend most of the day on the computer, engaging in various things that are of interest to me, as well as occasionally stepping out to purchase food. Money that I didn't use for rent nor food usually went towards my hobbies. Among them collecting PVC models and buying games and DVDs.
>> No. 15620
[!/] Hug her.
[!/] Remind her that you'll try to stay no matter what.

Kaguya ;_;
>> No. 15621
[x] Remind her that you'll try to stay no matter what

Going against the flow here. I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I'm not convinced a hug is advisable right now. I'm thinking that the serious discussion + rant should have been enough.
>> No. 15622
File 12400332411.jpg - (478.49KB, 800x600, picnotrelated.jpg) [iqdb]
15622
>>I'm thinking that the serious discussion + rant should have been enough.

Oddly enough, that's the reason I went with the hug and "bwuddy" remark.

We've said our peace, we made our point, and have even been explicitly told there's no point in pushing the matter any further for now. She's backed off her position enough to be willing to think it over, and so reiterating the whole "hell no, we won't go" thing just seems rather pointless.

Though I'm sure the "hug and accept her judgment" thing has ways that it could work against us, it would seem to me that after two heated discussions between two people who clearly care for each other very much, that some simple, mutual display of affection would not be out of line, along with perhaps some lighthearted remark to lighten the mood before they both retire to the respective beds.

Making it clear how you feel and expressing what you want is good, but it also couldn't hurt to remind her just why you're her friend in the first place, and what she would be letting go by making you leave or hate her.
...though, of course, that reminder of why she cares about you could backfire and further strengthen her resolve to protect you, even at the cost of your friendship.

Hard to say which way is really better, as far as I can tell, so may as well just go with whatever you feel best about.

I just hope all of this isn't simply a set-up by some third party to separate us from our NEET, tricking her into believing we've been returned home when we really weren't, just so someone can have us all to themselves, free from any risk of interruption or interference.
Good thing there isn't anyone in, say, Eientei who would do such a thing! Not only would such a person have to have a willingness to manipulate others and keep even the mistress of the mansion in the dark about what they're doing, but they'd have to have some secret place that no one, not even Kaguya would be entirely aware of, or at least not informed enough about to know the details about them.

How fortunate it is that we don't know anyone who could do such a thing, don't you think?
>> No. 15623
Updating some time before I have to travel later today. Can't really promise regular updates for 2 days or so after that, but maybe I'll manage regardless.

>>15621
To be perfectly honest, there was originally going to be an option of a more intimate nature. But well, I'm not anon could handle much more right now, so baby steps it is.
>>15622
All I'll say about the first part of your post is that it should be pretty self-evident that when there's only two choices, especially within a context such as this, that they each send out a different signal. And mixing them might not be desireable (otherwise why make the distinction at all?). When there's more than one choice, or there's write-in potential/a write-in it's another matter.

As for the rest, well, it would hardly be appropiate for me to weigh in on points of potential discussion about the story unless it's to clear up some unfortunate mess.

Also, Eirin's arms are freakishly thin there. And Reisen's legs and thighs are very toned and thick.
>> No. 15624
>>Reisen's legs and thighs are very toned and thick.

Holy crap, you're right. And here I had thought that was just light on the floor blending with the color of her legs.

I suppose it wouldn't be unusual for a rabbit to have strong legs, what with all the running and hopping and such, but goddamn. She could crack skulls like walnuts with those things!
>> No. 15626
You move to hug her. There's no resistance on her end and she gently hugs you back. “Heh... sad thing is, I don't think I belong out there, not after seeing everything here.” You whisper.
“...That's a fine escapist illusion you've got there.” She comments, possibly humored.
“It's all I've got.” You let go and smile at her. You resist the urge to cringe, “G'night, bwuddy.”
“Good night.” She nods once, and then walks off.

You leave the room, feeling hopeful. Things just might turn out alright. You close the door behind you, nodding optimistically to yourself.

There's someone waiting for you at the far side of the hallway. With her arms crossed, Eirin stares at you through the darkness, waiting for you to come to her.

“It's not polite to eavesdrop, you know.” You repeat a tenet of good manners and common sense.
“I'm quite aware, and don't make a habit of it.” Her reply is cool, with a hint of amusement bubbling underneath. “I was standing way over here to give you and the princess the privacy you needed.”
“Very thoughtful. It looks though like you want something from me, unless you tend to stand outside people's rooms in the middle of the night for no reason.”
“That would be a strange thing to do, I believe.” She shrugs and uncrosses her arms, “Come with me for a bit, we'll take a small stroll around. The night air does the body good.” You walk along with her at a relaxed pace, as she carefully explains her reason for being there in the first place. “You'll recall that there was an incident here just the other night? I'm sure you do,” She quickly rubs her hand on your back circling around your lungs, catching you off-guard, “After all, you've still got quite a cute little wheeze every time you breath. Well, it's basically Undongein and I who are taking care of security for now. And you can imagine how I would naturally respond quickly to loud and excited talking, what passed for yelling, in the middle of the night coming from our very own precious Kaguya's room.”
“Eh.” That's a reasonable explanation. “That's fine and all, but there must be a point to behind you staying and waiting for me.”
“Of course there is.” The two of you reach the courtyard, where you step out and slowly walk to the other side. “I accidentally heard a few choice words.” She breathes in loudly, looking up at the now clear night sky. “Don't you love it after it rains? Everything seems so much crisper. I tell you, I spend too much time in my clinic and not nearly enough appreciating the fine things in life.”
“It is indeed nice after it rains.” You concede. “But you say that you overheard the conversation?”
“The damp smell of earth is something seldom appreciated.” She mumbles to herself before returning to topic, “Not everything. Just a few things, you were talking very loudly there for a while. It was enough for me to infer the greater purpose of the conversation.”
“And you're here to tell me your opinion?”
“Hm?” Eirin pauses short of the wooden steps. She turns to look directly at you, with an ever-widening grin on her face. “I think it's hardly my place to comment on how you deal with others. Your relationships are yours. And I'm happy to speak about ours, or if you ask me for advice, give it to you. But I will not pry otherwise.”
“Comforting to know. Then what is it that you wanted to tell me?”
“Quite simple. As I've said, I do not normally care about your relationships, or how you view them. And your actions, as long as they do me no harm, are of no concern either. But I suppose there is a blatant exception.” She still grins, but her words send a shiver down your spine, “If you ever are to harm Kaguya or make her suffer unnecessarily, there will be consequences. I think it inelegant to be too detailed, but needless to say, there are things I can do that make prolonged torture look pleasant.” The almost-full moon gives her pale face an even paler and leaner look, an unmistakably predatory look. There's a real threat and much danger behind her words. “But you shouldn't worry about that very much.” She starts to walk on again. You lag behind, a bit dazed. “It's most certainly not something that will necessarily happen, nor do I want it to. Think of it as a reminder that such things don't only happen in fiction.”

The rest of the stroll is quiet, with the two of you walking to the main entrance peacefully. “It looks like my patrol is over.” Eirin stops at the door, sighing. “I must thank you for your company. I do enjoy talking to you. But if you'll excuse me now, I'll go my own separate way.” She begins to walk away, stopping as if remembering something. She turns around and looks at your with a coy smile. “You should get some sleep, you look absolutely exhausted. Rest will do you good, especially since you probably are mentally fatigued. Good night, Shirou” She whispers you name softly and walks away with composed grace.
“...Good night to you too.” You reply way after she's already left.

It's not until much later that you're finally able to sleep. Anxious thoughts about Kaguya are what mostly keep you up, but Eirin's little talk doesn't exactly help you feel any better. You fall asleep only by counting bunnies hopping over a fence (being induced to do so under Tewi's leadership of course).
>> No. 15627
It was a thrust like lightning.

...Well, with your mind still in dreamland it looked like that. You're awoken in the morning by a powerful jab at your side. A pair of red eyes and fluffy ears identifies the culprit. “Good morning to you too.” You rub your side. “What's that? I'm expected in the dining room? Thanks.” You rub your eyes and send the messenger bunny off, going about your normal morning routine. It's only when you're at the dining room door that you wonder how you understood the bunny in the first place. “Eh, maybe it spoke.” You mumble to yourself, choosing not to think too much about the incident.

“Good morning Shirou. Sleep well?” With a sunnier disposition than usual (and a sleeker dress, which leaves you staring) Eirin greets you from the breakfast table.
“G'morning.” You sit, wondering what this is all about. “Not sure if I slept well.”
“That's a shame. But you look better than last night. I've made breakfast for today. Undonge is off preparing things for you. Or rather, us.”
“Eh, that's...” You look over the table. The food there looks normal enough. Maybe more eggs than usual. “What's this about preparing things?” You grab some food and listen to her explanation.
“Well, I thought that with your continued presence here, there were some things that you would do to learn.” She helps herself to some food as well. “As such, I've prepared a few set things that you should know. They'll probably be valuable life skills, not to mention that you'll probably get to use them if you stay around the princess. Not just her, of course. Anyways I sent Undonge along, and she's busy setting up things so we can get started after breakfast.”
“I'm not sure I follow here. What sort of things do you have in mind? Did Kaguya ask for this?”
“She would probably never ask you to do this forcefully. She's a kind soul like that. But if you wish to be around her, even help her out, you might do well to prepare for eventualities.”
“So, this is your initiative in other words?”
“It is. I won't deny that.” There's a laid-back tone to her words. “But if it counts for something Undonge seemed to agree with me. She's looking forward to this.”
“Reisen is?”
“Oh yes. She'll be your instructor for a good portion of it. I can't remember the last time I told her to do something and she went off with so much enthusiasm. It looks like she sees it as something more than just an instruction.”

You finish up breakfast as Eirin explains what it is that she wants to do. She doesn't quite explain why you would need these skills, at least not directly, but she hints that there might be moments where you really will need them. You doubt that you'll need the very formal table etiquette, but the basic self-defense and familiarization with some of the gizmos in storage does sound interesting. Your inner-child screams in delight when she promises to teach you that. There's a strong emphasis that this is strictly her initiative and not necessary to do.

“How is Kaguya anyways?” You ask. “Is she up yet?”
“She hasn't come see me yet today. I would rather not disturb her. She hasn't been sleeping very well lately.”
“So I've heard.” You get up, with Eirin following suite. “I'm worried.”
“That's good.” Eirin laughs. “Real good. The way the both of you behave. I'm sure that she worries more about you than you think. “
“Are you saying I'm at fault for her sleeping problems?”
“I'm not saying anything, just pointing out the obvious.” She walk to the door. “So? Coming? I think things should be ready by now.”

[] Go with Eirin
[] You don't need her help

--
>>15624
The mental imagery is quite something...
>> No. 15630
[x] Go with Eirin

fuck them all, paranoia to a maximum. Time to get a bit stronger.
>> No. 15631
File 124006402060.jpg - (106.35KB, 418x285, oyashiromodo.jpg) [iqdb]
15631
[X] Go with Eirin

>>basic self-defense and familiarization with some of the gizmos in storage
>>"...Undonge seemed to agree with me. She's looking forward to this.”
>>“She'll be your instructor for a good portion of it. I can't remember the last time I told her to do something and she went off with so much enthusiasm. It looks like she sees it as something more than just an instruction.”

Oh, we are SO gonna get our ass kicked today. Possibly to the tune of Reisen barking orders like a drill sergeant. I can hardly wait.

>>“If you ever are to harm Kaguya or make her suffer unnecessarily, there will be consequences. I think it inelegant to be too detailed, but needless to say, there are things I can do that make prolonged torture look pleasant.”
>>" Think of it as a reminder that such things don't only happen in fiction.”
Huh. Who knew I would ever find being threatened with acts that would likely redefine the meaning of pain and suffering to be a GOOD sign? Sure, it means we're pretty much screwed should we ever inadvertently harm or cause Kaguya to suffer, or are even so much as perceived to do so, but I suppose the fact that it probably wouldn't even be an issue to bring up if we weren't going to be around long enough for it to possibly happen means we aren't going anywhere just yet. Hopefully.
>> No. 15632
[x] Go with Eirin

Somehow, somewhere along the line we apparently made the correct choice or series of choices. Rather than attempt to derive the calculus by which these successes and failures are made, I'm going to pretend that the story up until now was a fever dream. Blank slate.
>> No. 15633
[x] Go with Eirin

Still not convinced about Eirin, but I can hop on board with this option.
>> No. 15634
File 124006997391.jpg - (18.67KB, 430x330, hartman.jpg) [iqdb]
15634
>>15631
>> No. 15636
[] Go with Eirin
>> No. 15638
File 124007546420.png - (368.31KB, 500x600, 640964fa6d410609599f5193ba7b70dd.png) [iqdb]
15638
[!/] Go with Eirin.

We all know Teruyo wants to write a I AM BOSS Reisen.
>> No. 15639
File 124007664257.jpg - (5.47KB, 251x189, iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg) [iqdb]
15639
>It was a thrust like lightning.
>> No. 15642
[+] Go with Eirin
[+] "I don't mean to dampen enthusiasm, but shouldn't we wait until Kaguya's final decision?"
>> No. 15644
Well, still no updates. Nor will there probably be for a while. Sorry, it's the price to pay for being on the move. Voting still open, etc.
>> No. 15645
[x] Go with Eirin

Time to learn some DANMAKU!
>> No. 15649
Don't see any need for a write-in, and the other choice doesn't seem interesting, so

[x] Go with Eirin
>> No. 15650
[+] Go with Eirin

I doubt shirou would need to learn anything if he was believed to be leaving in the first place... Unless of course it's a trap...

Oh well.. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!
>> No. 15654
>>15644
We shall wait with hopes for drill sergeant Reisen who will beat Shirou into shape while insulting him.
>> No. 15655
>>15654
Ah, the joys of basic training... the physical exertion, the challenge, the abuse (of course determined by the zeal and temperament of the instructor)... not to mention the eyeful that one gets from the uniforms... truly quite something.

That said, those maggot bunnies sure could use some discipline and training. And on a related thought (yeah, I go off on tangents a lot, make me lovable) I am now picturing Mokou infiltrating Eientei by dressing up as a bunny. Complete with oversized fake rabbit ears and a particularly fluffy tail. She'd stick out like a sore thumb, but everyone would pretend not to notice because of how cute/ridiculous (depends on who you ask) she looks. Ah... youth is a wonderful thing...
>> No. 15656
File 124019664090.png - (36.07KB, 600x400, 1188876237400.png) [iqdb]
15656
>>15655
>> No. 15685
File 124036835835.png - (149.16KB, 508x387, moeirin3.png) [iqdb]
15685
A mature doctor offered Teruyo some candy.

And the rest is history ;_;
>> No. 15693
>>15656

ಠ_ಠ

War is hell.
>> No. 15696
[x] Summon Teruyo
>> No. 15701
This application has failed to start because TERUYO.dll was not found. Getting back to work nigger may fix this problem.

Teruyo will be back. We just have to be patient.
>> No. 15702
>>15696
Summoned. I see that you failed to set up the appropiate wards in place. I am now free to rampage across the land.

>>15685
It was wonderful scary. She did all sorts of awesome strange things to me. But who was I to resist the lure of a blueberry lollipop?

>>15701
Damn YakOS and YakCorp! They don't even need .dlls, but include them just to complicate things for the consumer.

And now, in a move that's most definitely not ripping off the idle banter in another story here I present a distraction:

QUEEN ELIZABETH Eirin

An honest tale speeds best being plainly told.

KING RICHARD III Shirou

Then in plain terms tell her my loving tale.

Eirin

Plain and not honest is too harsh a style.

Shirou

Your reasons are too shallow and too quick.

Eirin

O no, my reasons are too deep and dead;
Too deep and dead, poor infants, in their grave.

Shirou

Harp not on that string, madam; that is past.

Eirin

Harp on it still shall I till heart-strings break.

Shirou

Now, by my George, my garter, and my crown,--

Eirin

Profaned, dishonour'd, and the third usurp'd.

et cetera

Real update coming soon(ish).
>> No. 15703
You done with the moving alread? well then time to get back to work nigger.
>> No. 15709
File 124055363365.jpg - (269.28KB, 448x1338, thankful.jpg) [iqdb]
15709
Rabbits are doing their best and are now on strike. Please wait warmly until they negotiate.
>> No. 15726
File 124076348673.jpg - (41.57KB, 640x480, 1206397553920.jpg) [iqdb]
15726
A Teruyo was here.

He's gone now. ;_;
>> No. 15728
File 124077159618.jpg - (92.83KB, 419x283, onehitkill.jpg) [iqdb]
15728
>>15726
There was a NUTBLADDER here.
It's GONE noHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>> No. 15729
File 124077242164.jpg - (401.74KB, 391x1000, god damn useless bunny.jpg) [iqdb]
15729
Things aren't looking too good update-wise anon, sorry. Just too busy on my end. I could do a partial update, but eh, I'd rather not.
>> No. 15730
File 124077493894.jpg - (593.61KB, 1057x1501, 1239942341521.jpg) [iqdb]
15730
>>15729
>> No. 15731
>>15729
When can you unbusy yourself? I expect you to make up for it with massive writing time. Like in the beginning.
Partial update no just no. Either you do it serious or leave it. we don't want some half assed update spit out stressed without time between coming and going.
Despite everything said... come back soon Teruyo.
>> No. 15734
File 124078798293.jpg - (160.90KB, 357x500, delicious.jpg) [iqdb]
15734
>>15731
It's not like I'm busy because I want to. If it was up to me, I'd be writing at a breakneck pace. I'll unbusy myself by the end of my day (around 22-23 server time I estimate) but then I'll probably be too tired to write, although I'll try to finish anyways. The rest of the week until thursday is kinda busy as well. Life isn't always sunshine and skittles unfortunately. Besides, this isn't the only thing I write and update.

Have some Kaguya as appeasement.
>> No. 15735
File 124087792584.png - (756.99KB, 857x1200, a7ef24de1a2c2e4b1727f42668f58402.png) [iqdb]
15735
>>15734

Please wait warmly as negotiations have dissolved and girl are infiltrating.
>> No. 15763
Eirin's words were very much an understatement. Every single lesson offered was precisely and methodically executed, and Eirin kept things going smoothly. The level of preparation made you think that maybe they had been planning this for a long time, but Eirin assured you that they had just started this morning to set things up. It started small and innocent, with Eirin just running you through a couple of basic ideas about what was to come.

“We'll start with something gentle at first. I think it'd be much better if the bulk of your energy expenditure for later.”
“That's alright.” You had already decided to follow her regime. Instead of going to the clinic, like you thought you were at first, Eirin instead veers off-route and leads you into one of the many rooms on this side of Eientei. There's plenty of open boxes here, and you quake with excitement when you realize what this means. “You're going to teach me about this stuff?”
“Yes. While you're mind is still sharp.” Under normal circumstances, you would have at least registered that comment as potential trouble, but right now the lure of the shiny toys blocked out any thought that didn't involve playing to your hearts content. “Don't just go grabbing things by random.” Eirin slaps your hand away from grabbing a silvery sphere, “Sit and we'll go through these one by one.” You sit down with a grumble, your irritation at being denied your fun plain as day.

With slow and deliberate movements, Eirin grabs several of the artifacts from boxes and lines them up in front of you. She handles each one with care, holding them with something that could be like reverence. You had never seen Eirin interact with anything like this, all the equipment in her lab is nothing out of this world, “These are all basic items from my homeland. I hope you pay attention to my explanations, since most of these cannot be easily repaired.”. You could feel something like jealously towards the items coming from her as you grasped the first item gingerly, listening to her explanation. “That is a simple communications device.” The small silver sphere feels cool upon touch, “It's attuned to several others on the same frequency. It has quite a large range too. To use it, you must think of the person that you want to talk to, if they have one of these devices, you'll be able to communicate with them.”
“So I just hold it like this?” You grabbed the sphere tightly, looking for approval.
“More or less. Here. Let's try it out.” Eirin grabbed a second sphere for herself, clenching it in her hands. “Try to think about me.”

You tried to think about Eirin. Her appearance, voice, and even smell. You weren't sure it was working at first, but upon hearing a loud voice in your head, you had confirmation that it had.

<There's no need to talk with these devices, just thinking what you want to say will suffice.> Eirin had a large grin on her face, probably pleased at your shocked look. <[i[Go on, say something.[/i]>
<Okay.> Before you had realized it, you had already said something to her. You clearly hadn't moved your mouth, but you could hear your word echoing out all the same. Eirin nodded in approval and put her sphere down.
“You've already got it. That's good. It'll make things go smoother.”

Besides the communication device, you were introduced to all sorts of devices. From emergency med packs to video recorders, you saw everything that those devices did. Most of them had 'real world' counterparts, but were so advanced and mysterious, that they might have been from straight out of a science fiction novel. You found the laser scalpel in particular to be interesting, but Eirin didn't let you fiddle too much with it, hurrying you with unnatural speed towards any of the other items. It was alright in the end, you learned a lot and your inner-child was immensely satisfied with the experience.

“Now would be the moment for a brief rest and a snack,” Eirin mentions to you as she leads you outside, “but I'm afraid that I couldn't recommend that you slow down just now. Let alone eat anything.”

There was no real need to ask what she meant. As the two of you stepped out in the rear outside part of Eientei, you admired the completely changed scenery. Where there was once just grass and frolicking bunnies, was now blocks, nets, and other obstacles. There were signs, posts, and other guides that indicated a path through the convoluted maze. If you knew Eirin even just a tiny bit, you knew that she expected you to run along here. A sigh almost escaped you, when your eye caught sight of somebody else. Somebody who could probably help.

“Everything ready here?” Eirin asked.
“Just about. He'd only need to change.” At first you didn't recognize the source of the voice. You had become too used to seeing her in her usual shirt and skirt. There was never the slightest indication that she ever wore anything else. Anyone would have been at a shock really. The plain green top and well-fitting camouflage fatigues were something of an assault on your image of Reisen. This was something that probably fitted the other one more than her. “There's something more comfortable over there,” You received your instructions, but hesitated following them for a moment, “get changed and I'll handle you for now.” She turned back to Eirin, “If you don't mind, there's a seat over there for you. There's some tea as well.”
“Oh thank you, as thoughtful as always Udonge.”

It was only Eirin's bizarre stare that finally displaced you. You couldn't believe your eyes. After changing into very stiff fatigues you meet up with the strange-looking Reisen.

“We're going to start with movement. See those signs over there? Follow the course until you reach the finish.”
“...” Up till now, you had never heard her issue an order. It was an alien sensation, and you were sure that you stood there with an idiotic expression on your face for way too long.
“We haven't got all day. Get moving now.” The rising impatience in her voice made you comply with her request.

You ran. Went through the course she outlined. Not only that. But after that, you were forced to do all sorts of physical activities. It was a shocking change of pace. Trying not to think about how your muscles will feel the next day, you move on as diligently as you can. It doesn't help that Eirin is watching, it makes you stumble more than once, and Reisen makes sure that you don't dawdle for too long. It's a humbling experience, and you can't even begin to process what exactly is going on here. It's not like you have any time to talk in between crawling and hopping over walls.

The session worked up a sweat. Anyone would be sweating buckets by now; you're just glad that you've put on a solid show. Both women are very amused with you, both incapable of hiding their broad grins. Reisen's voice even sounds more authoritative and masculine now, and she tells you of what's coming next.

“Movement is important, but it's not all. Technique is something that you have to learn from others. And lucky for you, I'm here to help you.” There's a hint of pride as she offers you several alternatives, “I'm not an expert nor a weapon's master, but I can help you in a number of ways. I can help you begin to hone your skills in Ranged and meele, both armed and unarmed.”
“So you're teaching me how to fight?”
“Just planting seeds.” She gives a slight nod to Eirin, which seems to have been some sort of signal because the other woman nods back. “There's not enough time to focus on everything, so pick well.”
“...” There's so much you could say, but your aching body keeps you from letting it all out right now. Plus, somehow you think that you might regret complaining at this stage.

[] Melee
[] Ranged
[] Unarmed
[] You don't need to know any of this

--
This was originally a larger wall, but cut up as I rallied.
>> No. 15764
[] Ranged
>> No. 15765
File 124102118194.png - (20.75KB, 400x300, 1199843226507.png) [iqdb]
15765
[+] Ranged
>> No. 15767
File 12410227564.jpg - (200.01KB, 969x1099, grayfox.jpg) [iqdb]
15767
[X] Unarmed

Hand-to-hand. It is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.
>> No. 15768
[x] Ranged

We have enough protagonist that kill things with their bare hands. We need more ranged fighting, after all, Shirou excels at Archery/Ranged combat.
>> No. 15769
[x] Ranged
>> No. 15770
>>15768
But getting the stuffing kicked out of us by Reisen in unarmed combat would be fun!

Besides, remembering how Mokou easily beat down Shirou's monkey ass while unarmed in the last go-around makes me want to try to even the score this time.
>> No. 15771
[x] Archer
>> No. 15773
fine

[x] Archer

this is the only path anyway. I can already see him on a hill behind him the burnt down ruins of Eientei, surrounded by dead bunnies.
>> No. 15774
[X] Ranged
>> No. 15779
>>15767
Uh, hello. We're playing as Shirou "I am the bone of my sword" Emiya, remember?

[x] Ranged
>> No. 15780
File 124105466456.jpg - (67.89KB, 800x600, clash.jpg) [iqdb]
15780
>>15779
Technically, we're not really THAT Shirou, just someone who took on his name. Otherwise, I would think that our protagonist's pre-Eientei life would have consisted of something more than spending most of his time in his apartment, either on the computer or obsessing over his figurine collection that he may or may not masturbate over/onto, and instead might have resembled something more along the lines of a productive member of society.

But I digress. Even if they were one and the same, even THAT Shirou was no stranger to close-combat, as I recall.

Really, they all have their advantages and disadvantages. There's no sense in pigeonholing ourselves purely on account of our namesake
>> No. 15781
>>15780

Well we already picked the name, it would be a shame to not let it have at least some influence.
>> No. 15782
File 124105690846.jpg - (28.23KB, 275x275, ylm.jpg) [iqdb]
15782
>>15781
Isn't that what his charming obliviousness in the face of the blatantly obvious for?

Not that we've had much opportunity to exercise that lately, but still.
>> No. 15785
Well, a new thread type thing soon. That is if I find an appropiate image and don't get distracted by work.

Looks like drill sarge Reisen became quickly redundant.
>> No. 15789
>>Looks like drill sarge Reisen became quickly redundant.

She doesn't seem as harsh as I would have expected from someone like her getting put into a position of authority and dominance over someone else. Just think of all the years of pent-up stuff she would be purging.

Then again, I was basically expecting what amounted to the cute bunny girl channeling R. Lee Ermey. Perhaps she just doesn't have it in her to be that mean.
>> No. 15791
File 124110993115.jpg - (702.72KB, 1057x1495, inaba_of_the_moon_and_inaba_of_the_earth_-_ch22_02.jpg) [iqdb]
15791
[!/] Ranged

Here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.
>> No. 15792
>>Here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.
And we're all out of ass.
>> No. 15796
I'm regaining momentum in writing, but unfortunately what I've written didn't feel right. So after resting up and relaxing, I'm going to try again. I'll capture the sentiment properly yet.

>>15789
Training with Drillmaster Reisen could be its own thing, just like Yandere Reisen or having a picnic with moemoe Eirin. We'll see.
>> No. 15797
File 124119730354.jpg - (39.40KB, 600x450, 1169608844051.jpg) [iqdb]
15797
>>Training with Drillmaster Reisen could be its own thing, just like Yandere Reisen or having a picnic with moemoe Eirin. We'll see.

What about Drillmaster Eirin?
>> No. 15798
File 124122241697.png - (161.79KB, 466x380, moeririn.png) [iqdb]
15798
>>15797

What a nice looking EirHHHHNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH
>> No. 15802
>What about Drillmaster Eirin?

Would rape Shirou while insulting him.
>> No. 15803
Alright going to write and finish this update, no matter what. And I won't sleep until I do. Otherwise I'll just put it off. Hopefully my motivation will remain high, otherwise this might take a while.

>>15798
~
>>15802
*fapfapfap*
You'll see soon enough.
>> No. 15804
>>15803
Today is a slow day. So no need to rush things.
>You'll see soon enough.
You sadistic bastard.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x