- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 14858)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 123796659033.jpg - (503.64KB, 655x1000, 5548569730371aa201e1bd4b7dfbc25e.jpg) [iqdb]
14858 No. 14858
[x] Let Reisen choose.

Yes, it would be best if Reisen made the choice. This outing is ultimately for her, after all.
“Well, I believe the choice to be best left to you, my good lady.” You say to Reisen.
“My choice? Well…” You see her eyes give you a quick once-over.
“Yes?”
“I’d say somewhere relaxing is in order and the most relaxing place I know of is back at Eientei with the other rabbits. Shall we go?” She smiles as she makes eye contact with you. Come to think of it…
“Yes, that sounds nice.” Can’t argue with the relaxing power of fluffy bunnies. You’ll just visit Rinnosuke another time. Soon enough you’re soaring through the sky under Reisen’s power once again. You notice that unlike Mokou (who sped up and slowed down rather randomly) and Reimu (who just sort of floated), Reisen’s flying is speedy and consistent. Soon you see the forest of bamboo and not long after that you touch down at Eientei.

Soon after arriving you followed Reisen to a wing of the mansion you hadn’t seen yet. Mercy, these winding halls can get confusing. It certainly doesn’t help that the decorations seem to be all the same. It’s a good thing you have Reisen leading the way, lest you get completely lost in all of the four and three-way intersections you run in to. Eventually, after a bit of walking and chatting, you come to a sliding door with what looks like a few rabbits (Or cats. Or bears. Or pandas.) crudely painted on it in differing colors. There seems to be scratches in the wood in the shapes of letters and words, but you don’t get the chance to read them as Reisen begins to slide open the door while finishing a story she was telling you.
“According to Master, I was knocked out for an entire week afterwards!”
“Yikes.” Who would have thought ointment for a bug bite would be so dangerous?
“I know, right? Well, this is the place I had in mind. Excuse us, everyone.” Reisen addresses the lounging girls inside as you two enter. You notice that among them is your little friend Yue sitting at a low table, who seems to be putting away a small bundle of black and white cloth.
“Hello.” You say to everyone inside with a tip of your hat. Most everyone gives a mumbled greeting, but Yue quickly stands up and hurries over to you, grabbing you in a hug that you return.
“Hi, KC!” Yue energetically says while burying her face in your torso. You notice her hat has a yellow smiley face button on it now. Fitting.
“Hi, Yue. Have fun playing tag?”
“Yup, but Tewi started up a new game with your stick and I left.”
“New game?” If someone’s going to play with your stick, you’d rather know more about it.
“Yeah, she said it was called ‘Mantis’ or something.”
“Mantis, huh?” Looks like someone is a bit off the mark.
“Yeah, but it looked silly and boring so I left. Now you’re here! With Miss Reisen!” Speaking of Reisen, you see she’s already taken a seat at the table and is smiling at you and Yue warmly. She gestures for you to sit down as well and you oblige by sitting across from her. Yue sits close enough to you that she may as well be in your lap, but you don’t mind. Reisen was right in saying this would be relaxing. You can almost feel the time slipping by.

Come to think of it, what is the time? You pull out your watch to check.

⌛: 2:51 p.m.

Huh, time flies when you’re having fun (and having a breakdown, but that’s an unpleasant thought for another time). You notice Yue reach into her pockets as well and she pulls out a lollipop and offers it to you with a smile. After thanking her and ruffling her hair, you take it and notice the strange blonde lad on the label. What a creepy smile. You put it in your pocket for later consumption and a relaxing silence fills the room with everyone lounging in their own way. Reisen is skimming a book from a nearby shelf and Yue seems content with fiddling around with her necklace. If you wanted to, you could easily strike up a conversation with anyone present or just relax in silence.

You decide to…
---
Not exactly the strongest of updates, but it's something.
Expand all images
>> No. 14859
You're back.

We missed you.
>> No. 14861
[X] Talk to Reisen
[X] Something along the lines of "I must say--out of all the assisted flying I've done so far, that last trip--I'd say it was quite nice. The nicest I've experienced, though the number of such experiences is, admittedly, low."

My KC voice is bad because of hiatticus. :(
>> No. 14862
File 123797026698.jpg - (68.77KB, 182x182, VaultBoyORly.jpg) [iqdb]
14862
[x] Your gloves. Take them off. Look for any manufacturer's imprint or care tag. What do they feel they are they made of? What color?
[x] Inventory.
[⌛] Check the time.

First of all, DMC is awesome.

>“Yeah, she said it was called ‘Mantis’ or something.”
>“Mantis, huh?” Looks like someone is a bit off the mark.

DOHOHOHOHO

>You notice Yue reach into her pockets as well and she pulls out a lollipop and offers it to you with a smile. After thanking her and ruffling her hair, you take it and notice the strange blonde lad on the label. What a creepy smile.
>> No. 14863
▶ Talk to Reisen
▷ Something along the lines of "I must say--out of all the assisted flying I've done so far, that last trip--I'd say it was quite nice. The nicest I've experienced, though the number of such experiences is, admittedly, low."
>> No. 14873
[x] Talk to Reisen
[x] Something along the lines of "I must say--out of all the assisted flying I've done so far, that last trip--I'd say it was quite nice. The nicest I've experienced, though the number of such experiences is, admittedly, low."
>> No. 14875
[x] Talk to Reisen
[x] Something along the lines of "I must say--out of all the assisted flying I've done so far, that last trip--I'd say it was quite nice. The nicest I've experienced, though the number of such experiences is, admittedly, low."
>> No. 14880
[x] Talk to Reisen
[x] Something along the lines of "I must say--out of all the assisted flying I've done so far, that last trip--I'd say it was quite nice. The nicest I've experienced, though the number of such experiences is, admittedly, low."
>> No. 14895
[d] Your gloves. Take them off. Look for any manufacturer's imprint or care tag. What do they feel they are they made of? What color?
[a] Inventory.
[z] Talk to Reisen
[e] Something along the lines of "I must say--out of all the assisted flying I've done so far, that last trip--I'd say it was quite nice. The nicest I've experienced, though the number of such experiences is, admittedly, low."
[⌛] Check the time.

GATTAI DA
>> No. 15001
HARKER WHERE DID YOU GO.
>> No. 15003
>>14859

Aww, and I missed you all too even though I didn't technically leave. Just didn't post with my trip.

>>14861

And it seems my voices for everyone are a bit off as well for likely the same reason.

>>15001

To the most unfun world of real life. Raising money to fix the busted car, dealing with the insurance, and having to serious the fuck up about classes all within weeks of each other have given me one grand kick to the creative balls.

Of course, that doesn't excuse the fact that I had become horrendously lax in updating before then. It's been, what, three months since the freakout and deciding to chill with Reisen? Fuck me to tears, that's just too long with such little content. Everything should be square by next week, so updates will likely be more frequent then. For now I'll just say that an update Thursday is likely.

...I really should have mentioned this a while ago.
>> No. 15112
It is Thursday and I am now writing.

On another note, Fallout 3 is mucho fun but does nothing good for writing.
>> No. 15113
>>15112

Huzzah!
>> No. 15116
>>15112
>Fallout 3 is mucho fun but does nothing good for writing.

Pish posh. You can certainly find a way to work the quirky Moira Nitori into at least Poor Leno's
>> No. 15117
File 123872764641.jpg - (238.73KB, 1280x1024, FalloutAtaiBeer.jpg) [iqdb]
15117
>>15112
>It is Thursday and I am now writing.

Hooray!

>On another note, Fallout 3 is mucho fun but does nothing good for writing.

Nonsense!
>> No. 15146
>>15117
Is that from a mod?

I can't think it's actually ingame.
>> No. 15161
File 123875770729.jpg - (24.56KB, 354x302, 1236136806291.jpg) [iqdb]
15161
[x] Talk to Reisen
[x] Something along the lines of "I must say--out of all the assisted flying I've done so far, that last trip--I'd say it was quite nice. The nicest I've experienced, though the number of such experiences is, admittedly, low."

This is quite relaxing. Really, it bears repeating (as if one bear wasn’t enough). A nice conversation would be just the thing to make this perfect. As you absentmindedly scratch the base of Yue’s fuzzy ear, you strike up a conversation with Reisen.
“You know, Reisen, I must say flying with you was the nicest I’ve yet to experience.”
“Oh? Is that right?” Reisen responds with a smile.
“Indeed. Though, I’ll admit my experience with it is quite low. Outside of plane trips, that is.”
“Plane?” Yue chimes in with a question. Right, she wouldn’t know about them, would she?
“Airplanes. They’re flying machines. Where I come from people can’t fly, so we made machines to do it for us.” You explain.
“Oh. They sound cool.”
“Well, they’re pretty mundane to outsiders like me. Now, flying under your own power? That’s cool.”
“Speaking of which,” Reisen speaks up, “you mentioned flying with others?”
“Ah, yes. I’ve had the pleasure of flying with Miss Fujiwara and Miss Hakurei.”
“Really? You certainly have gotten around these last few days.”
“Yes, I seem to be frequently meeting friendly people. Why, the first person I met after crashing in this new land proved to be very friendly and courteous.” You say to her. It seems to take Reisen a moment to realize you are talking about her before her cheeks become slightly pink.
“Really, KC, are you like this with all the girls?” She smiles and laughs happily. Before you can respond, you feel a scratching at your back. Turning around, you see a classy little rabbit with a tiny top hat and bow tie to fit its small body. It its mouth is a letter with “Sir Beagle” written on the envelope. Now, whoever could this be from? You thank the rabbit, take the letter, and read the contents with Yue trying to read it as well.

Sir Beagle,
Your host and Princess most enthusiastically requests your presence. If you would kindly follow the Inaba sent to retrieve you, it would be most appreciated.
Sincerely,
The Princess


She really likes that “Sir Beagle” thing, doesn’t she?
“KC?” You hear Reisen ask.
“Seems like I’m being summoned by Her Excellency.”
“Oh? I suppose you should be going, then.” She says, making no note of your joking tone.
“Yes, I guess so. It was great fun hanging out with you today, Reisen.”
“Likewise. We’ll have to do it again some time.”
“Most assuredly.” You try to rise, but find a weight has found itself around your waist. Looking down, you see Yue holding on to you with a pout. “Yue? I, uh, kind of need to get going now.”
“I know.”
“Well, it’s awfully hard to walk like this.”
“I know.”
“Then would it trouble you to let me go?”
“Don’t wanna.” Oh, bother.
“Yue, don’t be difficult. KC has an important meeting with the Princess right now.” Reisen says in a stern tone. The little bunny’s only response is to tighten her grip on your waist. Well, as cute as this scene is, you should probably get going. You don’t like to keep people waiting (least of all pretty women) and the hatted rabbit’s patience seems to be running out (or it really wants to take off the tiny clothing). What to do?

[] Disengage from Yue. You can play with her when you’re done with Princess Ka.
[] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.
[] This is becoming very silly. Increase the silliness by forming an impromptu parade to Kaguya with everyone in the room.
---

>>15116
>>15117

Ah, I must correct myself. It's quite good for some awesome ideas (as proven by you-know-who), I just have to peel myself away from it first to get some actual things done.

>Poor Leno's

You know, I pretty much consider that little excursion a failure (been having a poor stretch of side stories since the Keine one). I know I did it no favors by posting it at autosage, but yeah. Maybe I'll give it another try between acts.

>>15117

Damn PC gamers and your cool mods.
>> No. 15162
[x] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.

YUE WINS

MOETALITY
>> No. 15163
[x] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.

~
>> No. 15164
[x] This is becoming very silly. Increase the silliness by forming an impromptu parade to Kaguya with everyone in the room.
[x] Whistle the theme to "The Great Escape".
>> No. 15165
[x] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.
>> No. 15168
[x] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.
>> No. 15188
[x] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.

Side note* When it comes to any PC version of any game, you can almost always expect a modification for it. I wonder how the PC version of SF4 will fare there with mods...
>> No. 15189
[x] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.
>> No. 15191
[z] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.
[e] Carry her on your shoulders.
>> No. 15194
KC... ;.;
>> No. 15216
*sniff.*
>> No. 15217
>>15216

We can still save him. We just need to throw away our cigarettes.
>> No. 15219
>>15217

Moreover, someone needs to tell Yue about the dangers of smoking, so that every time he feels the craving, she's there to kick him in the shins.
>> No. 15223
>>15164

You made a silly idea even sillier. Bravo.

>>15188

True. The thing that really gets me all Parsee is stuff for Oblivion. L4D sound packs are cool, too.

>>15194
>>15216
>>15217
>>15219

It makes me very happy that he used them to such great effect. I mean, damn. His KC was pretty spot on as well.

Update should be finished by tomorrow.
>> No. 15237
>>15223
Whose KC?
>> No. 15238
>>15237

Fallout Gensokyo.
>> No. 15241
>>15237
It's the only story better than RaAN, and only just.
>> No. 15286
File 123923978290.jpg - (95.36KB, 650x1123, yue stealin dis carrot.jpg) [iqdb]
15286
WHERE IS THE UPDATE HARKER?

UPDATE OR ANON WILL DO TERRIBLE THINGS TO YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
>> No. 15290
>>15286

Like turning her into a junkie?
I keed, I keed. I actually liked that quite a bit. Gave more depth to her and it fit the setting.

While I'm curious as to what would be done to her, update is being constructed now.
>> No. 15293
>>15290

hooray!
>> No. 15313
File 123927550164.jpg - (112.07KB, 850x850, sample-31ca8c8e9ca5cce40efffe91a42b65de.jpg) [iqdb]
15313
[x] Okay, you can play ball. Pick up Yue and carry her with you.

You look down to your little friend with a smile.
“Okay, Yue. You win.” You say to her. Really, how are you supposed to deny a face like that? Especially now that her pout has changed to a sweet little smile. In a swift motion you have her riding piggyback (you would have put her on your shoulders, but the doorframe sadly would not allow that). With a smile to Reisen, the two of you are soon following the classy rabbit to parts of the building you have never seen before as Yue seems to nuzzle against your neck. You pass stairways several stairways and halls on your way to the destination with Yue making comments on where that door leads or what those stairs lead to.

Eventually you find yourself in front of another Japanese sliding door. From the rabbit’s manner, this must be the destination. Opening the door, you see the Princess sitting on what looks like a stack of pillows. Right now she looks…well, regal would be the best word. Guess “Princess” is a rather accurate title for her.
“Greetings, Mills.” She addresses you.
“Good day to you, milady. Does the day find you well?”
“That it does. You must be wondering why I asked to see you, yes?” Straight and to the point.
“Yes, it had tickled my fancy.”
“Well, I called you here to…tell…you…” She trails off for some reason and points a finger over your shoulder. Looking, you see Yue’s head propped on your shoulder. Maybe Princess Ka just noticed her?
“She was very persuasive. Weren’t you wondering why I had grown an extra pair of arms and legs?”
“And ears.” Yue adds.
“Yes, and ears. Thank you, Yue.”
“Your welcome!”
“Well…that’s beside the point.” Ka says after regaining her regal air. “Please, sit down so we may talk properly.” She says while indicating a spot for you to seat yourself. You sit cross-legged on a cushion while Yue takes your lap. After you’ve been properly seated, the Princess clears her throat. “Now, what you and your friend are here for is something dear to me. These last few days you have made quite the impression here. Not only that, but you have befriended my age-old enemy whilst still remaining an asset to Eientei. Thus, you shall be rewarded with something of mine: I shall tell you my name. I am Kaguya Houraisan, former Princess of Luna.” She says as though she were giving you something of great value.
“…”
“…Mokou told you already, didn’t she?”
“If it’s any consolation, Rinnosuke was the one who said you are from the moon.” Kaguya stays silent for a moment before letting out an aggravated sigh.
“Damn it! I finally get an outsider to mess with and she ruins it. I swear I’m going to swipe some of Eirin’s stuff for next time… Wait! She didn’t invite you to our next fight, did she?!” Kaguya suddenly asks.
“I don’t think s-” You’re cut off before you can finish.
“Perfect! You’re invited! Now I’m even with her~.” She says with a self-satisfied grin. Oh dear, you think you may live to regret not heeding Eirin’s advice.
“I see... Well, thank you for the invitation. Is there anything else you wanted me for?”
“Hmm?” She affects a thoughtful pose for a moment. “Well, there is one thing, but you may be of no use for it. I might be better off doing it alone.” She says with a sneer.
“You sure of that? I happen to be a man of many talents.”
“Well, your assistance matters not. I suppose I can leave the choice up to you.” She says to you.

Well, what to do?

[] Assist her.
[] Do something else.
-() What to do?
---

I had almost forgotten how fun Kaguya is to write. Hell, with the recent infrequency of updates I had pretty much forgotten how fun everyone is to write.
>> No. 15316
[Q] Assist her.
>> No. 15317
[X] Assist her.
>> No. 15320
File 123928553097.jpg - (23.80KB, 300x400, yue thumbs up.jpg) [iqdb]
15320
>“And ears.” Yue adds.
>“Yes, and ears. Thank you, Yue.”
>“Your welcome!”

pic related

>“Damn it! I finally get an outsider to mess with and she ruins it. I swear I’m going to swipe some of Eirin’s stuff for next time… Wait! She didn’t invite you to our next fight, did she?!” Kaguya suddenly asks.

hahahaha

>“Well, your assistance matters not. I suppose I can leave the choice up to you.” She says to you.

[x] "What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?"
[x] Assuming she answers yes to the leading question: "So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?"
[x] Assist her.
>> No. 15322
>>15320
[x] "What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?"
[x] Assuming she answers yes to the leading question: "So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?"
[x] Assist her.
>> No. 15323
[+] Assist her.
>> No. 15327
[x] "What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?"
[x] Assuming she answers yes to the leading question: "So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?"
[x] Assist her.

I wonder what Kaguya has in mind...
>> No. 15344
[x] "What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?"
[x] Assuming she answers yes to the leading question: "So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?"
[x] Assist her.

>>15313
>(you would have put her on your shoulders, but the doorframe sadly would not allow that)
Hooray, I was taken into consideration!
>> No. 15362
[x] "What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?"
[x] Assuming she answers yes to the leading question: "So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?"
[x] Assist her.
>> No. 15363
[x] Assist her.

>[x] "What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?"
>[x] Assuming she answers yes to the leading question: "So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?"

These aren't dickish and out of character at all.
>> No. 15366
[X] Assist her.
>> No. 15369
File 123934143129.jpg - (84.60KB, 650x1037, yue tangerine.jpg) [iqdb]
15369
>>15363
>These aren't dickish and out of character at all.

I agree with you. You'd have to be a really bitter person to squeeze any antipathy out of a good-natured jibe like that. It's not as if she plainly requested your help, and then turns you right around, saying you're unnecessary because her "revelation" was not received with an appropriate level of fanfare.

And besides, what kind of monster would think this little girl is capable of being anything approaching 'dickish'?
>> No. 15370
>>15363
Saying that we're Kaguya's friend is a dick move? Even after she admitted she enjoyed finding an outsider to screw around with? Teasing and engaging Yue in the conversation is verboten? I'd hate to read the version of CUtMaS you blokes in Bizarro world have to deal with.

...

I get what you're saying. Read it a particular way and KC sounds like a royal dick under the write-in. But come on; Kaguya has finally dropped her regal charade and shown us her competitive side, Yue's in our lap, and that noncommittal response from Kaguya simply begs for something more than "Yeah, sure..."

[X] "What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?"
[X] Assuming she answers yes to the leading question: "So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?"
[X] Assist her.
>> No. 15400
[X] Assist her.
>> No. 15401
[x] Update.
>> No. 15446
updates?
>> No. 15496
File 12396136427.jpg - (46.08KB, 410x370, 223844cad879e9981571d43fc8d95fed.jpg) [iqdb]
15496
>>15401
>>15446

Tomorrow. Maybe. We'll see. For now, look at Mokou. Aren't you feeling distracted?
>> No. 15501
>>15496

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on you.

Fool me thrice, you're a dick.
>> No. 15505
>>15496

hooray
>> No. 15533
why don't you write anymore harker
>> No. 15536
File 123968374150.png - (475.88KB, 800x500, NukaLurk.png) [iqdb]
15536
>>15533
The Harker as we know him has mutated due to prolonged exposure to a type of lie juice infused with an isotope originally intended to make the excruciating waits for updates more bearable. The mutation not only makes him seem more likely to update (exacerbating the pre-existing pain symptomatic of the glacial pace of his written ambrosia), but also imprints a subconscious, yet insatiable, craving for Ecto Cooler into those exposed to his irradiated form. He is a mutant to be feared.
>> No. 15547
File 123970675212.jpg - (53.69KB, 500x504, 1d8d0204ff29f9c9b29885611af18af7ecc47e9b.jpg) [iqdb]
15547
>>15536

I fucking hate those things...

Also Harker did at least respond. have some faith in him and just think that's he's simply polishing up the next write-in. Would you rather him just post copypasta off of LotR and simply change up the names to fit the story..?

Although the idea made me lol and cringe at the same time. I don't know how but it did. Oh have some sociopathic Yukarin
>> No. 15548
>Would you rather him just post copypasta off of LotR and simply change up the names to fit the story..?

That would be pretty funny, actually.
>> No. 15549
>>15548

Oh god what have I done?!

Damn it now I won't get credit for it for being anon and hearing the purists rage on that idea I posted... ;_;
>> No. 15616
UPDATE
>> No. 15625
>>15501

I know, right?

>>15533

I was going to go with me being an ass that fails at managing my time, but I like >>15536 much more.

>>15547
>>15548
>>15549

See, now I'm all thinking of Gandalf Kaguya fighting the Balrog Mokou. It is awesome. Unless, of course, there's another LotR that I didn't think of.

>>15616

Right-o.
>> No. 15635
>>15625

hooray!
>> No. 15653
>>15625

Hurrah!
>> No. 15657
File 124022487168.jpg - (272.59KB, 740x600, 6ac6c28735b8502a9fcf8a3879953efa.jpg) [iqdb]
15657
[X] Assist her.

While you have no problems with giving her a hand, you just can’t let how she asked for it slide. You turn your attention to your little friend.
"What do you think Yue, do you think the Princess really, really wants our help but is too proud to admit it?" You ask the girl in your lap, seeing her ears twitch under her hat.
“Um, maybe?” Uneasiness colors her voice. Seems like she didn’t want to be put on the spot like that. Maybe it’s due to the princess’ presence?
"So we should help her out, because that's what friends do, right?" You say, giving her an out. She just nods vigorously. “Well then,” you say while turning to Kaguya, “how can we help?” You smile. Kaguya just raises an eyebrow and smirks before speaking.
“Very well then. Come with me.” She rises from her spot. You follow her after picking Yue up in your arms, drawing out a giggle from the little lop eared lolita. Wait, no, lolita is a terrible way to describe her. Your name isn’t Humbert, damn it. Silently scolding yourself, you follow Kaguya through the expansive halls of Eientei.

Eventually, you reach another room with a generic door. Kaguya opens it and you enter behind her. Inside you find a large room filled with numerous games set up and ready to go. You see what you’d expect like chess and checkers, but also stuff like Candyland, Hi-Ho Cherry-O, and Cluedo. You place Yue down and she walks off to check each game out before settling on some variant of shoots and ladders.
“Impressed?” You hear the princess ask you.
“That I am. I wouldn’t have expected to see some of these games here.”
“Yes, Kourindou has quite the selection of outsider goods, but I assume you already knew that.”
“That I did. Still, this is quite the collection.”
“I happen to have a great love of games, so it is to be expected.”
“I suppose so. It seems little Yue here is interested in them as well.” You say.
“Well, she has good taste. I’ve found each game to be quite fun in its own way.”
“I see. Well, while his is a fine collection, I must wonder how it connects to your request.”
“Hmm? Oh, well I suppose I may have been a bit misleading in my wording.” Kaguya says as she strolls over to a chessboard. “All I really wish is for you to play a game or two of chess with me. After playing Eirin so often I would like to add some variety.”
“Oh? Don’t like playing Mokou?”
“I’m afraid she’s far too much of a boor. Now, shall we?” She says while sitting on the black side. You sit on the opposite side and Yue soon joins you.
“You go first, doggy.” Saith Kaguya. Right, white goes first. With no further preamble, you reach out to begin your first move.

Oh dear. It seems that she’s far better than you could have imagined. Seriously, you’re a semi-decent player, but Kaguya is so far out of your league it’s almost embarrassing to think about. You thought for sure she’d be disappointed, but strangely enough she seems to be enjoying herself quite a bit. At the beginning she acted like you’re used to and played intensely, but began to soften up as the games went on. Now on the third game in a row, she’s become downright cheerful and her playing has become lax. Seems she’s just playing around with you now. She even decides to start small talk.
“Oh my, that’s the move you decided to make?” She says in a tone that, surprisingly, isn’t mocking.
“Indeed it is.”
“Now, whatever could you be planning with an erratic move like that?”
“Ah, I’m afraid that’s for me to know and you to find out.” You really have no plan to speak of yet. She’s already shot down your “Plan C” by taking your second rook last move. Of course, there’s no need to tell her that, is there?
“Oh? Sure you’re not just stalling?” Crap.
“Nope.”
“Hmm, then I certainly hope you have something good planned, since I’m going to beat you in about three or four moves.”
“Is that so?”
“So it is. Maybe chess just isn’t your game? Check.” Damn.
“I admit I haven’t had much time to practice.”
“Oh? And what takes up the good Sir Pup’s time?” You let the “Sir Pup” slide since there didn’t seem to be any malice behind it.
“Well, back home it was work and friends. I guess that hasn’t changed across the border, though.” You finish with a chuckle and scratch Yue’s ears. She must be so bored right now…
“Check. Speaking of which, how do you think you got along with little Mokou?”
“Hmm? Just fine, I suppose. Her little ‘Secret Test of Character’ thing was a bit odd, though.”
“Ah, that dirty little tomboy has no sense for subtlety. Checkmate, by the way.”
“She seemed well-bathed when I met he-Wait, what?”
“Your King can’t make any moves out of danger. You lose again.”
“Ah, another total loss.” You give a small self-mocking laugh. “Good game.” You bow, since a handshake isn’t quite applicable here
“Yes, good game. ‘Tis fun to just relax while playing once in a while. But, I think that’s enough for now. I have a game limit of three in a row and am in mood for a snack. Care to join?” Kaguya asks the two of you. She seems to be in a good mood. You give your watch a quick check.

⌛: 5:23 p.m.

Well, this is a straightforward choice. Either go with Kaguya for a snack or go off and do something else. You choose to…

---

Something to get away from this damnable scene. Gave me far more trouble than it should have.
>> No. 15658
[x] Go with Kaguya

don't see why not
>> No. 15659
[x] Go with Kaguya

Maybe more be can learned about these "fights" considering the agreement to "assist" Kaguya was a go. Also how did the chess matches assist her in any way..?
>> No. 15660
>>15657
[X] Go with Kaguya

While it's cute, I wonder about Kaguya's fascination with the "Sir Beagle" thing. She doesn't seem to be demeaning anyone with it, but I'm hard pressed to think of any other reason to call someone a dog.
>> No. 15661
[x] Go with Kaguya.

Snack time.
>> No. 15662
{X} Go with Kaguya

>>15659
>Also how did the chess matches assist her in any way..?
Entertainment.
>> No. 15663
[X] Go with Kaguya (Kaguya snacking before dinner? no way...)

little lop-eared lolita..?
That mask is sure making it's presence known bit by bit...

Slow corruption can be quite delicious...

Unless of course KC is another "Rick"...

...hehhehhehheh....
>> No. 15664
[x] Go with Kaguya

>While it's cute, I wonder about Kaguya's fascination with the "Sir Beagle" thing. She doesn't seem to be demeaning anyone with it, but I'm hard pressed to think of any other reason to call someone a dog.

It's just like how she calls all the rabbits 'Inaba' even though she knows their names. It's a diminutive, endearing while also being slightly demeaning.

>Also how did the chess matches assist her in any way..?

It makes us more open to whatever she's going to ask us to do. Losing three games lowers our confidence. It may also have been an attempt to bore Yue to the point that she'd leave, but it doesn't have seemed to work if that was her intention.
>> No. 15695
update
>> No. 15711
File 124062736324.jpg - (52.48KB, 600x496, harker_v_2.0.jpg) [iqdb]
15711
>>15657
It must be difficult to type with your hideously deformed hand-pincers.

It's fine. We've gotten used to waiting.

;_;
>> No. 15713
File 124067679363.jpg - (92.05KB, 650x867, adespondentyue.jpg) [iqdb]
15713
Why no updates?
>> No. 15714
>>15713
Because Harker.
>> No. 15721
>>15713
>aforlornrabbit.jpg
fixed
>> No. 15724
>>15721
Nice job missing the joke there.
>> No. 15732
>>15724
Thank you. I try my best.
>> No. 15736
Oh dear, I really should update. Writing has begun.

I'd have given word sooner, but it seems the Lie Juice supply has been running low. Really, what am I to do without it? Tell the truth?

>>15711

Easier than boxing gloves, I can tell you that much. This damn carapace is a bit of a problem, though...

>>15713

>>15714 works as well as anything.
>> No. 15737
>>15736
>I'd have given word sooner, but it seems the Lie Juice supply has been running low. Really, what am I to do without it? Tell the truth?

Personally, it might just be best to go cold turkey; I'd strongly advise against substitution with Hatorade.
>> No. 15738
File 124091409526.jpg - (141.49KB, 619x553, naptime.jpg) [iqdb]
15738
Take your time, Harker.

We'll always be here.

Waiting.
>> No. 15748
>Take your time, Harker.

>We'll always be waiting.
>> No. 15761
File 124099597730.jpg - (80.47KB, 750x480, afe01609b994438c88a2f0667a7a24c2.jpg) [iqdb]
15761
[x] Go with Kaguya

Yes, going with Kaguya could prove to be fun.
“Well, I see no harm in joining. How about you, Yue? Up for a snack?” You ask your little companion.
“Yeah! I like snacks!”
“Then we are in agreement, yes?” Kaguya asks with a smile.
“That we are.” You reply.
“Then let us go.”
“Alright then. Come on, Yue.” You say as you pick the little one up again and she responds with another giggle of delight. You could get used to this. Within moments you’re following Kaguya once again through the halls of Eientei, making small talk with both ladies along the way.

Eventually you return to the area of Eientei you recognize and are soon in the kitchen with your two lovely companions. Yue hops down from your embrace and insists you take a seat in the dining room and wait for them. You try to argue, but her determined face and Kaguya’s support leaves you without a leg to stand on, so you do as she says.

Now sitting in the dining room, you notice it’s rather empty. Well, aside from a few rabbits knocking about, but nothing like the amount you saw the other night. You guess they’re all out playing or something. Before you can ruminate further, Yue and Kaguya enter with a tray each. Huh, you kind of expected Kaguya to get another rabbit to carry the second one. Well, regardless of who carried them, the trays are set down and the three of you get comfortable.

There are two kinds of foods to snack on: more of that mochi stuff and dried…something. You’re not exactly sure what it is. Still, it looks tasty enough. You also notice a kettle filled with what you assume to be hot water, but that can’t be right. You were just in there and the stove wasn’t even lit. Yet, when Kaguya pours the water it steams like it was just boiling. That’s just…Oh, wait, Wizard Land. You had almost forgotten. If a woman can regenerate from decapitation and another can knock you senseless with pretty lights, you suppose heating up water is rather tame.
“Something wrong?” Kaguya asks.
“No, I just forgot for a moment where I was.”
“Eientei.” Yue says between bites of food. You can’t help but laugh.
“Not quite, Yue. I meant Gensokyo as a whole.”
“I suppose our beverage for today will help you feel more at home, then.” Kaguya says.
“What do you mean?” You’re not having tea?
“Yes, it’s something from your world that I admit has grown on me recently.” She points out a previously ignored tin next to the kettle.

Instant Coffee. Sweet Nyarlothotep in a Sunday dress.
“Ah, I can’t say I drink that too often.” Or ever. In a million years. You don’t even like the regular stuff.
“Oh? Well, you should like this. Of the brands that make it here, this is a favored one of mine. Please, enjoy.” Kaguya prepares you a cup of the dark, wicked brew as she speaks. By the Gods, you can’t refuse drinking now. Little Miss Princess herself made your cup! She’s mocking you. She has to be! But, you have no recourse but to drink it. As you take a sip, Kaguya looks at you expectantly.
“…Not bad.” You say, masking your displeasure. Seriously, coffee?
“See? Is it not delicious?” Kaguya says with a grin.
“It is certainly not the worst thing I’ve drank before.” That would be the cheeseburger smoothie a la Boris (Every bit as disgusting as it sounds. So much grease…). You may not like coffee, but you’ll be damned before you insult your hostesses’ hospitality.
“Yes, I believe I have become quite addicted to it. Much like the mochi here.” Kaguya says as she pops a sphere of it into her mouth. You follow suit and notice it isn’t as sweet as you expected it to be. With the dried thing (squid?) it makes for a nice little snack.

Eventually a silence descends on the room as the three of you eat and drink. Now would be a good time to bring up a topic, if you so wished.

[] Talk about…
-() Anyone/Anything.
[] Stay quiet.

---

Feel free to bring up any amount of topics and questions you want to ask the Princess or the Beanie Bunny. I owe you guys quite a bit of content.

>>15737

That brew does seem quite popular in certain circles here.

>>15738

Such a happy little family. Seriously, that's both heartwarming and awesome.
>> No. 15762
>>15761

Yue route is a must. Big brother has to protect his cute surrogate little sister from all the bad things like youkai rapists.

And then she develops deep feelings for us over time it blooms further. Sorry Reisen, but the only candle I'll hold for you is one that drips wax in your hair.
>> No. 15775
>“Yes, I believe I have become quite addicted to it. Much like the mochi here.” Kaguya says as she pops a sphere of it into her mouth. You follow suit and notice it isn’t as sweet as you expected it to be. With the dried thing (squid?) it makes for a nice little snack.

[x] "Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?"
[x] "They have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
[x] "And yes, mochi is delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel."
[x] "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!"
[x] "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby."

Here we mildly chastise the Princess for putting on airs by informing her of the reason coffee, like tea, is addictive, as well as by telling her what the real coffee snobs drink. That Yue was adamant that we stay seated leads me to believe that she helped with the preparation of the food in some way and is waiting for our reaction. Also, the things they're most interested in hearing about are the outside, name drop enough far away places and they'll be looking at you with stars in your eyes.
>> No. 15776
[x] "Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?"
[x] "They have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
[x] "And yes, mochi is delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel."
[x] "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!"
[x] "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby."
>> No. 15777
[x] "Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?"
[x] "They have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
[x] "And yes, mochi is delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel."
[x] "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!"
[x] "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby."
>> No. 15778
>>15777
>>15776
>>15775

My vote goes to awesome write-ins.
>> No. 15784
[x] "Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?"
[x] "They have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
[x] "And yes, mochi is delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel."
[x] "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!"
[x] "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby."

Even after all the delays and lies, your writing never ceases to light the flame of wonder in my heart dear Harker.
>> No. 15786
[d] "Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?"
[a] "They have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
[~] "And yes, mochi is delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel."
[z] "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!"
[e] "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby."

>>15762
>Yue route is a must. Big brother has to protect his cute surrogate little sister from all the bad things like youkai rapists.
The attitude is a little bit overbearing, but agreements on the general sentiment. You've got the right id--

>And then she develops deep feelings for us over time it blooms further. Sorry Reisen, but the only candle I'll hold for you is one that drips wax in your hair.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

No.

Faggot.
>> No. 15788
>>15761
>I owe you guys quite a bit of content.

Yeah, you do. However, most reasonable anon are content to deal with the general slow-down due to the time of year and what it means in terms of academia and exams. God help us if your current pace persists through June, though.

>>15786
This is my vote and sentiment to the letter.
>> No. 15790
[x] "Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?"
[x] "They have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
[x] "And yes, mochi is delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel."
[x] "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!"
[x] "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby."
>> No. 15793
Ooh, nice write-in. Now to wait a week before updating!

Ah, I made a funny. Writing now.

>>15762
>>15786

Well, I'm happy Yue has made a good impression.

>>15784

Good thing, otherwise I'd be shit out of luck.

>>15788

Things should be picking up soon. End of May at the latest (I think).
>> No. 15794
>>15793

Hooray?
>> No. 15795
>>15793

hooray
>> No. 15821
update?
>> No. 15849
lies

always lies with you
>> No. 15879
>>15849
He said it'd take a week. He's still got a few days.
>> No. 15936
>>15879
NOT ANYMORE, HE DOESN'T.
>> No. 15937
>>15936
Ayup. Looks like Harker lied again.

It's actually pretty funny, isn't it? He makes a joke about how long it takes him to update, and then actually takes longer to update.
>> No. 15939
>>15937
If Harker and GM combined their powers, they would become Kaguya, since they're both masters of stretching out a small amount of time into an endless eternity.

>It's actually pretty funny, isn't it?
No, it stopped being funny during GM's time.
>> No. 15956
File 124193796455.jpg - (91.54KB, 420x560, 401558.jpg) [iqdb]
15956
>>15937
>It's actually pretty funny, isn't it?

It sure is. It sure... is...

If I weren't laughing, I'd be crying my goddamn eyes out.
>> No. 15968
update, you silly sonunvabitch
>> No. 15969
UPDATE OR WE'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND HIDE IN YOUR CLOSET LIKE WE DID WITH GM!
>> No. 15970
File 124202919497.jpg - (343.45KB, 807x600, 4a5f8fceea480369dad53d3f79120198.jpg) [iqdb]
15970
I'm afraid updates will have to be delayed for a bit longer. My guess would be tomorrow, but we've all seen how accurate those are. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but, you know, things.

>>15879

Your optimism is quite charming.

>>15937
>>15956
>>15939

The funny thing is that, back in a long and forgotten time, I used to update daily! I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true! "Writing now" wasn't just something I'd say before leaving you guys hanging for a while.

Well, barring the weekends, that is.

>>15969

The closet door jams every once in a while, just so you know, but if you wiggle it a bit it should be fine. Also, if you call ahead I can make some tea (or buy some Ecto Cooler, if you prefer).

Mokou because, well, do I really need a reason? Just look at her, all getting burned like Hanako in a most adorable fashion.
>> No. 15971
File 124203316296.jpg - (114.78KB, 1020x1775, fuckyeajapan.jpg) [iqdb]
15971
>>15970

>all getting burned like Hanako in a most adorable fashion.

OH HO HO HO. You don't know this Hanako, no sir.
>> No. 15977
>>15970

Hooray!
>> No. 15978
>>15970
Harker, if you actually want to update faster, there's only one person who can make that happen.
>> No. 15981
File 124210889059.jpg - (27.00KB, 379x356, dwd.jpg) [iqdb]
15981
>>15978
???
>> No. 15982
File 124214899521.jpg - (35.74KB, 412x464, elite beat agents.jpg) [iqdb]
15982
>>15978

One group of people, more like.
>> No. 15985
>>15978
His mother?
>> No. 15987
>>15985
>>15982
>>15981
Goddammit guys, stop being enablers.
>> No. 15988
File 124228497826.jpg - (20.00KB, 400x300, psych.jpg) [iqdb]
15988
>>15987
I simply must considering what little is already provided.
I read KC as Roday's character and it is fucking awesome
>> No. 16000
File 124235297966.jpg - (95.49KB, 650x825, nurse spread the doctor's legs would you kin.jpg) [iqdb]
16000
UPDATE HARKER

BEFORE TERRIBLE THINGS ARE DONE

THINGS THAT CAN NEVER BE UNDONE
>> No. 16001
>>16000
Extortion GET
>> No. 16002
>>15971

Aw, looks like someone inhaled.

>>15987

I thought it was rather silly, myself.

>>16000

I'll see what I can do. For now I'm afraid her chastity must remain in peril.

Don't mess with her ears too much. They're rather sensitive.
>> No. 16029
Well, I managed to read all threads up to this point within the night, and I must say, I'm very impressed. Definitely one of the better CYOAs here. Many funny moments as well. Great work, Harker, keep at it.

I can't help but notice, but is Yue getting younger every time you write her? Her maturity seems to keep dropping. I'd also like to know our current skill with a club. It wouldn't do never to use the knife; some of the other lesser-used items, too.
>> No. 16086
>>16002
Why is there no writing? Not asking for updates; I just need to know why.
>> No. 16088
>>16086
And don't fucking sage when you tell us why.

>>16029
More utility use of the knife is not a bad idea. And which other items? Hell, for that matter, add the following onto >>15786 :

[x] Inventory
[⌛] Check the time.
>> No. 16094
File 124297822031.jpg - (73.85KB, 745x589, 1222822098866.jpg) [iqdb]
16094
>>16086

Well, this week was that of finals, so that kind of shot down both time and inclination to write. I'll endeavor for an update this weekend, but I'll be at Fanime, so it's unlikely (barring a lull in the fun).

>>16088

No worries, ever since that one fellow advised against it I haven't saged one of these.

>>16029

Thank you for both the praise and the observations.

As far as Yue goes, you may be right as to her maturity. Been watching too many ℳℴℯ~ shows lately, I guess (What can I say? I like Moeblobs).

For the items, they'll definitely be seeing more use. Speaking of which, I think a status/inventory thing will be included with the next update. You know, when I actually finish it.
>> No. 16100
>>16094
Wat. Harker's gonna be at Fanime?

I wonder if I should go.
>> No. 16105
>>16100

I'd say it's a good idea if you can make it. I mean, how could you deny the chance of being in my most illustrious presence?

Sage for traveling dangerously close to blog territory.
>> No. 16227
File 124377191310.jpg - (108.13KB, 568x516, 1202175530206.jpg) [iqdb]
16227
[x] "Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?"
[x] "They have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
[x] "And yes, mochi is delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel."
[x] "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!"
[x] "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby."

For some reason, Kaguya’s comment about being addicted to the coffee really sticks with you.
"Would 'caffeine' by any other name be any less... stimulating?" You say to Kaguya.
“I suppose not, but the flavor of this powdered variety is quite intoxicating. It’s just so delightfully common.” She says while covering a laugh with the sleeve of her free hand. Either she’s ignoring your meaning or it went over her head. Either way, you see no good coming from pressing the issue.
“I see. Well, they have instant tea on the outside, as well. The true connoisseurs use the traditional method of course. I suppose the same goes for coffee, or rather 'espresso' I think would be the appropriate term."
“Hmm? I believe I’ve heard of that before. It is like coffee but stronger, yes?”
“Indeed, and one can make a large variety of drinks from it. A friend of mine is quite fond of the Americano, which is espresso and hot water, if memory serves.”
“I see. I must look further in to these ‘espressos.’” Kaguya says with a wistful look.
“I believe that would be a good idea if you enjoy the taste of coffee. Speaking of taste, this mochi is indeed quite delicious. We didn't have confectionaries like this where I was living Outside, not within a few thousand miles at least. So novel." You notice Yue’s ears twitch from under her hat as she smiles a bit. You give her head a pat before continuing on. "Much like everything else. It's not so much that I'm an Outsider in Gensokyo, more that I'm a Brit in the Orient. I feel like I'm on some 19th century imperialist expedition, one moment cutting through the undergrowth on safari in Dark Africa, the next dining and wining with a maharajah in India. Tomorrow I could be scaling the cliffs of Patagonia, or be chasing a cutpurse through the streets of Cairo! The sun never sets on the British empire, they used to say!" You nearly rise from your seat as you say this. Right, that’s another reason you don’t drink coffee much. "Sorry, coffee does this to me--excitable and gabby." You say as you take another sip.
“Seems not all caffeine is created equal after all, is it Sir Beagle?” Kaguya playfully asks. She may have a sleeve in front of her mouth, but she’s making no other efforts to conceal her mirth.
“Doesn’t seem like it.” You say with a laugh.
“Well, it may not be dinner with a maharajah, but I do hope a before-supper snack with an exiled princess and one of her pets is satisfying enough?” As Kaguya says this, Yue’s gaze darts to you. You give her a reassuring smile and hair ruffling under her hat, drawing out a pleased hum from her.
“Ah, please don’t let my brief flight of fancy fool you. The company here is far greater than I can imagine being in any royal court.”
“Ain’t that the truth.” You hear Kaguya say under her breath.
“Pardon me?”
“Hm? Nothing, I was just agreeing. Ever since I began my life here in Gensokyo things have been both interesting and fun.”
“I’m inclined to agree. Really, this land of wizards and witches seems filled to the brim with that which they make legends out of.” Apparently Kaguya found something about that funny, judging from her delicate laugh.
“Oh, you don’t know how the half of it.” She says. Seems like there’s an in joke you’re not quite privy to.
“I’m afraid you’ve lost me.”
“Ah, well, I’m assuming Little Mokou has told you why she hates me?”
“Yes, you rejected her father along with some other nobles, right?”
“Yes, well, that little situation was modified slightly and made into a fable.”
“I see. So I’m not just talking to a princess, but an honest-to-God fairytale princess.”
“Indeed. Though while my personal tale still continues, I’ve fared quite a bit better than my story counterpart.”
“Is that so?”
“So it is. Instead of becoming another emotionless royal, I’m a mistress of a mansion in this wonderful land. I even have my very own arch rival to constantly fight to the death.” Kaguya says with a cheerful laugh.
“So I’ve heard. Must be interesting.”
“I believe it to be, yes. Though, what do you think of it? Two immortals constantly fighting to the death?”
“Hm? Why do you ask?” Kind of an out-of-the-blue question, you think.
“I was just wondering about your opinion on it.” Kaguya says with a mysterious smile.

Well, you think…

[] It’s foolish.
[] It’s weird.
[] It’s cool.
[] It’s funny.
[] It’s barbaric.
[] It’s a hobby.

---

Bet you thought this was going to be another apology. Time to knock the dust off and get back to writefagging it up.
>> No. 16229
Character

Name: Casey “K.C.” Mills.
Age: 23.
Likes: Tea, women, kids, aimless chatter, watches, spicy food.
Dislikes: Coffee, Mr. Bean, Judge Shows, Todd’s drunk friends asking to hear his accent.
Bio: Son of an English writer father and an American anglophile mother. Has issues with his family.
Traits:
Self Defense:
Club- Apprentice.
You’ve learned that Youkai are certainly tougher than regular people. You might get a better feel for them in combat if you crack a couple more heads.
Knife- Novice.
You can stab and slash, but not very effectively. At least you can hold the knife properly.
Charming Devil: Your good looks and charm can help you out of sticky situations. More so, you’re just a pleasant guy to talk to.
Desensitized: What would normally make most people squeamish is nothing for you. Comes in handy in a land filled with vampires and other man-eating monsters.
Brotherly Love: Anyone that messes with your surrogate little sister is in for a world of hurt.
Song of the ???: A mysterious song plays in your head from time to time. When you listen to it, it seems to tell you things.

Inventory

Clothing/accessories

[x] Hat [Equipped]: +2 Dapper. Nothing beats a well-fitting hat.
[x] Scarf [Equipped]: +1 Dapper. You’re used to the warmth from it, even in the summer.
[x] White Gloves [Equipped]: +2 Class. Where the hell did these come from? They don’t exactly mesh well with your normal style.
[x] Belt [Equipped]: +1 Dapper. Holds your pants up.
[x] Pocket Watch (silver with gold accents) [Equipped]: +3 Dapper. Good old clockwork.

Weapons

[x] Cricket Bat (Cornelius) [Equipped]: A fine club and a fine cane. Still has a little Pigman blood on the corner.
[x] Paratrooper Knife: It may also be called a “Gravity Knife,” but it sadly cannot cut gravity.

Consumables

[x] Flask (Everclear): You don’t need that liver anyway. Keep out of reach of rabbits.
[x] Lollipop: Lemon flavored? A gift from Yue.
[x] Cigarettes: 18/20 left. Lucky Strikes, unfiltered. Why kill yourself a little when you can kill yourself a whole lot?

Misc.

[x] Deck of Playing Cards: A man of less moral fiber may use the familiar nicks, scratches, and stains to cheat. Not you, though, right?
[x] Lighter w/ Medium Fluid Container: It burns things. Fire good.
[x] Notebook/Pen: For all your notebooking needs.
[x] Small Teddy Bear (Téodor): Gift from your father on your nineteenth birthday. What the hell…
[x] Paperback (The Picture of Dorian Gray): A classic. Also a warning to dapper young men everywhere.
[x] Needle/Thread (black): Cloth or flesh, it’ll bind both.
[x] Reisen’s Note: A cute little note written to dissuade you from smoking. She certainly likes drawing bunny faces.
[x] Wallet: It doesn’t say “Bad Motherfucker” on it, bit it serves its purpose.
[x] Coins: 10 yen total.
>> No. 16233
>Bet you thought this was going to be another apology. Time to knock the dust off and get back to writefagging it up.

Sweet. See you in another month, then.
>> No. 16234
>>16232

I like these responses

- - -

As for the mask, some time ago he tried it on, went "Terror Mask" on KC and either became a part of KC or somehow disappeared on its own... Whether it's sentient and has some plans of its own or if it will have an affect on KC remains to be seen...

Although the gloves could be an omen... Gonna get me some OJ...

- - -

Side note: For those interested in Casey's book, The Picture of Dorian Gray By Oscar Wilde is available on Google's book project free for any one who can't reach a library or too lazy to torrent it.
>> No. 16235
[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the freat problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.

Let's get this moving.
>> No. 16236
[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the freat problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.
>> No. 16240
>freat

Great

goddammit
>> No. 16241
[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the freat problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.


Nice write-in.
>> No. 16256
[d] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[a] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the great problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[~] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[z] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[e] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.
[⌚] Check the time.

Write-in edited for "great" and the most important thing of all added on.
>> No. 16257
>>16256

I knew something was missing.

[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the great problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.
[⌚] Check the time.
>> No. 16266
[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the great problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.
[⌚] Check the time.

I can't come up with anything better.
>> No. 16268
>[x] Flask (Everclear): You don’t need that liver anyway. Keep out of reach of rabbits.
Oh no, we're getting the rabbits drunk, you hear me? Starting with Yue~
>> No. 16269
>>16268
No.
>> No. 16270
>>16268

Next thing we know, we learn that Yue turns out to be a really possessive lush going so far as to accuse Reisen and any other who makes contact with KC as some abductor of sorts...

We can't have that now can we..?
- - - -

[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the great problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.
[⌚] Check the time.

Like Dr. Q and the others I can't think of anything better either.
>> No. 16271
>>16269
Your lack of reasoning voids your say in this matter.
>>16270
Think about what you said for a moment. Can you not consider that cute? At least, only while she's drunk.
>> No. 16272
>>16271

Oh I considered it very cute, especially since it not only avoided the would be sticky situations but also would most probably show what Yue (at least what I believe to be) feels deep down inside in her affections towards KC; a very loving sister or even daughter in some ways.

I want to think of Yue as being quite young, but you'd have to take into account of the others, in particularly "Tewi" in terms of age. Tewi's quite ancient in terms of how long she's been around and yet, looks like Yue in ways of resembling something of a child or perhaps a bit older. Yue however does not seem to show similar experiences as Tewi does, or is actually naive of a lot of things of the world; both in and out of Gensokyo. Then again Tewi, despite having some slivers of sagacity, always seem to behave just as she looks, with the occasional slip of a teaser.
>> No. 16273
>>16272

One more thing and I'll be saging myself this time, If something like that ever happens the others won't be as forgiving as Yue may be (assuming she doesn't get a real bad hangover), in particular Reisen...

Kaguya probably would be a bit wary, Eirin course would question your motives, Tewi probably would laugh but secretly try getting back at you indiscreetly, but Reisen would most likely be pissed.
>> No. 16284
>>16271
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Harker, update soon so that when the Anon I replied to gets butthurt and whips up a shitstorm, it'll be nipped in the bud by the new votes and nobody giving a fuck about him and his creepy ideas.
>> No. 16286
>>16284

Gonna have to agree that the sooner the update occurs the faster this goes away before sage bombing occurs unintentionally :(
>> No. 16289
[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the great problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.
[⌚] Check the time.

Managed to catch up :D
>> No. 16292
>>16273
You're thinking a bit too hard about it. I meant "get them drunk" in terms of wacky plotlines. They find our flask; we don't have to give it to them.

>>16284
Unfortunately for you, I have no intentions of continuing this further. I made a comment out of humor, and continued in humor, which you're blowing out of proportion.

The story is fine without drunken loli-rabbits, even as just a one-time crazy update. I concede defeat.
>> No. 16300
>>16292
Fair enough, and thanks for bowing out gracefully. You have no idea how refreshing that is.
>> No. 16341
updates?
>> No. 16426
harkerrrrrrrr
>> No. 16492
Update Harker and Anon will update Fallout Gensokyo this weekend.
>> No. 16508
>>16492
Is this Fallout Writanon that's making this promise?
>> No. 16511
>>16508

Yes
>> No. 16513
File 124481737323.jpg - (328.67KB, 800x864, 4637137.jpg) [iqdb]
16513
>>16492
>>16511

...

HARKER!
>> No. 16515
File 124482316910.jpg - (64.47KB, 500x500, 1212028014867.jpg) [iqdb]
16515
[x] "You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve other who might be hurt by it."
[x] "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even where all the great problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons--though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
[x] "There's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth."
[x] "You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?"
[x] After all that heavy talk, suggest a game of cards? No more coffee for you though.
[⌚] Check the time.

After a moment of thought, you tell her your answer.
"You're immortal and furthermore both seem willingly engaged in it, so I can't say there is really any harm in it for yourselves, and you both seem socially-minded enough that you don't involve others who might be hurt by it."
“Yes, that’s something we established early on. I suppose the Dirty One keeps her wrath for me alone since she gets along just fine with the Inabas and is decent with Eirin.” Kaguya responds.
“I’ve noticed.” You say while giving a smile to Yue that she returns. Turning back to Kaguya, your expression turns somber. "However, from my perspective as a mortal, it is a little disheartening to know that even were all the great problems in the outside to be resolved, to the point where no one had fear of death, that there is still a drive to war with each other for interminable periods of time for arbitrary reasons.” You say while bringing your coffee to your lips for a sip. Ugh, doesn’t taste any better. Funny, that. “Though I suspect the motivations for you have changed over time, seeing as you cannot actually kill each other."
“Well, I cannot speak for Little Mokou, but I’ve always done it for fun. I understand how a mortal like yourself can see it so bleakly, though. All of you have death as this great, looming thing waiting for you while we have no such worry. It’s quite liberating.” A strange look enters Kaguya’s eyes as she speaks. You think better of remarking on it, since it disappears as quickly as it came.
"Well, there's also the visceral, aesthetic reaction. Having Mokou's dismembered body rain upon me over a earned slight, and watching the school teacher cry her heart out as result, left a rather bad taste in my mouth." You grip at your cup as you speak. You don’t care how passé dying may be for Mokou, what Yukari did to her really raises your hackles.
“Hmm, I suppose that’s another thing. As much as I like seeing Mokou’s insides tossed around, that schoolteacher is just so softhearted. It’s hard to work up feelings of murder when a nice woman like her is watching on the verge of tears.”
“I see. Must put a damper on the whole evening.” You say, completely deadpan.
“Yes, nobody’s heart in into it when she’s there. Little Mokou is more worried about how the teacher is doing and I end up feeling bad about the whole thing. Nowadays she relaxes and has tea with Eirin so we can fight in peace.”
“She’s quite sensitive about the whole thing, then.”
“Mostly. She’s also been known to go into a kind of berserk rage at times and rip me apart. It’s quite shocking to see her get so enraged, but I suppose it makes sense. Little Mokou was her mentor and surrogate elder sister, after all. Poor thing.” Kaguya gives a ladylike laugh before taking another sip of coffee. She certainly is lighthearted about this whole thing.
"You know, there’s something about your fights that I’ve been wondering. You both seem to still enjoy living, no matter how much time must have passed since you became this way. Let me ask you a question, Princess, from a mortal to an immortal: If either you or Mokou had suddenly became mortal again, would you still seek to kill each other with such abandon?" Kaguya stares at you a moment after you ask.
“What a useless question. It’s literally impossible for such a thing to happen.” She finally responds.
“Hypothetically, then.” Once again, Kaguya becomes quiet. After a few moments she lets out a sigh.
“Hell, I don’t know. I guess not since I’d lose someone to mess with. She’d probably still want to kill me, though.”
“I see. Well, that answers my question. That aside, care to play a game of cards?” You say while producing your deck. This gets Kaguya and Yue’s attention and the three of you are soon playing a rousing game of Blackjack.



Turns out that Yue really has a talent for this game. After telling her the rules she took to them quite readily and even took over as the dealer. Huh. Well, after a while of playing Princess Kaguya stretches out and yawns.
“Mister Mills, do not take this as an affront to your company, but I am feeling quite tired and am in need of rest.” She says while suppressing another yawn.
“Oh? Even after your coffee?”
“I’m afraid caffeine has little effect on me. Just ask Eirin. For now, I bid you adieu, Sir Pup and little lady Inaba.” Kaguya says while rising. After bidding her farewell, you play a few more hands with Yue as you contemplate what to do. You pull out your watch for a quick check.

⌛: 6:01 p.m.

Now, what to do?

[] Keep playing with Yue. You can show her some new games to play.
[] Go see…
-() Reisen
-() Eirin
-() Mokou
-() Keine
[] Do something completely different.

---

Yeah, not quite the "writefagging it up" I had intended. Seems that quite a bit more dust accumulated than previously thought.

>>16492

This shall prove to be a good weekend, then.
>> No. 16516
File 124482829637.jpg - (323.07KB, 650x650, 1234967908522.jpg) [iqdb]
16516
>>16515
[X] Go see…
-(X) Keine

I know some opulent write-in will show up eventually, but I need to vote to celebrate an update. After quaffing so much coffee and Kaguya's professed preference for the stuff, I think we may need to call in an tea break with Reimu and Remilia in the near future. Either Eirin or Keine would know the best ways of finding/contacting them, and we haven't seen Keine in about a day (I think, it has been a while). Anyway, school marm withdrawal is setting in.
>> No. 16517
[X] Go see…
-(X) Keine
>> No. 16518
(X) Mokou

Considering KC's been indoors for the most part and Yue most likely would love to share the game of blackjack with her other friends (and beat their asses too heh); getting out and heck maybe get a couple of updates on the surrounding area would do him some good. Maybe ask her if she spotted an odd mask floating about or with legs running around; (assuming the damn thing did become sentient and not a part of KC)
>> No. 16537
[x] Teach Yue how to play Poker.
[x] On a lighter side, also teach her how to play Concentration.
[x] Go see Reisen.

I think we should hold off on seeing Keine and Moukou until tomorrow.
>> No. 16550
>[] Do something completely different.

[x] Forcing you to drink this disgusting, bitter sludge and then her leaving while having the last word on it, it leaves you feeling the tiniest bit vindictive.
[x] "Yue, the conversation between me with the princess just now, how did that sound to you? Did she seem to act or speak uncharacteristically at any point? What I'm looking is for what made her alert at points and bored at others."
[x] "A knight serves his Lady faithfully, even addressed as a dog. Indeed, if she deems it fit to merely address you as 'Rabbit,' then it is perfectly... reasonable that I be referred to as... 'Pup'. But the important question is what this service will be."
[x] "Yue, I delegate my full authority to you, my squire: Round up the canniest and trickstiest, most disloyal and shifty-eyed rabbits in the forest. We're going to have a little brainstorming session. If they need encouragement, tell them they're candidates being evaluated for a top-secret mission."
[x] "I will be making a mad dash for Kourindou where I hope to acquire accoutrements suited to such an endeavor: Alcohol, prop weapons, fedoras, and... stogies."

I see the princess as someone who thrives on competition. She wasn't bored, but she was not very satisfied with how this turned out for her. I expect she'll do her homework, and will be at the next session more informed about the history of the places and the subjects mentioned in the last. We're only mortal, and she's at least 1300 years old, but would it be total vanity to think you could effect any sort of novel reaction from her, if you focused all your effort?

Or maybe just as how tea is what allows KC to maintain his cool, and alcohol makes him touchy-feely, coffee unmasks the side that is more hot blooded, prone to dramatics and rumination.

...hopefully punishment games will ensue.
>> No. 16553
>>16550
Interesting. I propose we introduce KC to different varieties of drinks.
>> No. 16554
[X] Go see…
-(X) Keine

I like Keine.
Keine's nice.
>> No. 16561
[x] Go see…
-(x) Keine
[x] Leave the cards with Yue.

Maybe she has some leads on where to find real coffee. Other than that, I can't even remember what we did today besides spend time with Reisen.
>> No. 16592
[X] Go see…
-(X) Keine
>> No. 16593
[X] Go see…
-(X) Keine
[X] Take Yue with you.
>> No. 16599
Alright, vote's called for visiting the schoolteacher. Writing process has been initiated.
>> No. 16600
>>16599

hooray!
>> No. 16640
File 124537238917.jpg - (157.77KB, 525x700, 1212028536448.jpg) [iqdb]
16640
[X] Go see…
-(X) Keine.

Yes, a visit to the friendly teacher seems in order. After a few more hands, you suggest to Yue that her friends would probably like to learn how to play Blackjack as well.
“That’s a great idea! They’ll love it!” Yue says while rising to her feet. With a speed expected from a rabbit she goes running out of the room.

A few seconds later she returns with a sheepish look on her face. You hold up the cards and smile.
“Forgot something?” You playfully ask, handing the deck to her.
“Um, yeah. Thank you.” She says with a blush. You smile and give her hair a ruffle, drawing out a giggle from her. Suddenly something seems to dawn on her. “But, what’ll you do?”
“Well, I was thinking of visiting a friend of mine.”
“Mokou?”
“No, but I might run into her.”
“Then who?”
“Well, you know Miss Keine?”
“Miss Kamishirasawa?”
“Yes, her. Care to join?” You ask her. She thinks for a moment before shaking her head.
“Nope, I wanna show everyone how to play this new game!”
“Alright, I’ll see you later then, Yue.”
“Okay!” She looks like she’s about to run off again, but stops. Before you can ask she quickly turns around and gives you a hug before leaving. “Bye, KC!” You hear her shout from outside the room. As you leave you find it hard to wipe the grin off your face, even when another rabbit hops alongside you as your guide out of the Bamboo Forest. They really are on top of the whole “guiding people out of the forest” thing. Makes sense since there’s the clinic and all. Speaking of which, you still find it odd how quickly you healed. You’re not a doctor or anything, but wasn’t it just the other day that you needed to jury-rig yourself a cane? Eirin must really know her stuff to speed up your healing process in such a way. Perhaps you could be turning into one of those Youkai?
…Well, probably not, but it’s a neat idea. So neat, in fact, that you end up entertaining the idea until you make it out of the forest. Maybe you can be some kind of tea Youkai…

Eventually you exit the forest of bamboo. Before parting ways with the rabbit you give it a scratch behind the ears as thanks for guiding you out. Now, to go to the largest village of humans. You walk along the paved path to you destination.

It occurs to you as you’re walking through the village gates that you have no idea as to where to find Keine. You don’t know where her home is and the location of the schoolhouse is similarly obscured to you. Bugger. You ask one of the guards for directions and he, thankfully, tells you the way. Something bothers you about that grin he gives you, but you ignore it.

Thanks to the guard’s directions, you find your way to the schoolhouse with no problems or anything unusual happening (well, aside from that black and white blur you saw in the sky). Before you get too close, you see a figure with several folders filled with paper in her arms leaving the building. Why, it’s none other than Keine Kamishirasawa! She’s wearing… exactly what you remember her wearing before. You’re not sure why you felt the need to point that out, but eh.
“Good evening, Keine.”
“Hmm? Oh, Casey! What a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?”
“Well, I thought I’d drop by for a visit, if that’s quite alright.”
“Well, I see no reason why not.”
“Very good. Here, let me give you a hand with those papers.” You say to her.
“Oh, thank you. These can be simply unmanageable at times.” She says while handing half of the folders to you.
“It’s no problem, really. So, what is all this?” You ask as the two of you begin to walk.
“Oh, tests, homework, lesson plans, things like that. It really piles up after a while.”
“I suppose so.” You say while lifting the folders a few times in a mock show of weight. Keine just smiles as the two of you continue walk the streets of the darkening city (it really is more of a city than a village).

After a short while, you reach Keine’s house. She walks up to unlock the door and looks a little uneasy before inviting you inside. For some reason you get the feeling she’s only inviting you in because of politeness. Well, Mokou did mention that she doesn’t hang out with men much, so it makes sense (even if she said before that you seem like an all-around nice person). You enter her home and, after removing your shoes, follow her into what looks like a living room.
“Thank you again for the help.” Keine says to you as she places the folders that she was holding on a table.
“It was my pleasure.” You reply while doing the same.
“Well, if you wait in here for a bit, I can make some tea for us.”
“Ah, thank you, that would be lovely.” You’re bloody well right it would be! After that coffee you’re in dire need of some proper fluids. Green, red, black, white, you don’t care! Yo-Oh, she’s gone. Huh, the coffee must have made you more on edge than you thought. Well, some tea should fix that right up. You take a look around the room as you sit down on the couch. Given that Gensokyo was sealed off a long while ago, you’re surprised by how western Keine’s house looks. You were expecting low tables and cushions instead of chairs, but that’s apparently not the case. Guess Keine isn’t as much of a fan of the traditional Japanese furnishings. You also notice while looking around that she has numerous childish drawings hung up on the walls. They range from drawings of her to other random things like dogs and cats. Heh, schoolteacher to the core, eh Miss Kamishirasawa? One more thing that catches your eye is a photo of her and Mokou on an end table near you. What really stands out is how young Keine is in it since she looks no older than a preteen. Well, that and the big, goofy grin she has on her face. She was quite cute as a kid. Well, not to say she isn’t cute now, but, well, she-
“Sorry for the wait.” Keine says as she enters with a tray carrying a tea set and a plate of cookies. She places it on the table and takes a seat on the opposite end of the couch.
“It’s quite alright. Thank you for the tea.” You say to Keine as she fills the two cups with Earl Grey, judging from the smell. Well, any port in a storm, you suppose.
“Well, consider this my thanks for helping with the folders.” She says while handing you a cup. You take it and take a long sip. Happiness~

While the tea is doing wonders for you, you notice that Keine looks a bit nervous. Now, that just won’t do.

[] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-() ___
[] If the issue is that you’re in her home, suggest going somewhere.
[] You should leave. Your presence is obviously bothering her.

---

It occurred to me that KC's speech is almost exclusively filled with American slang and sayings. Apologies if it sounds unnatural or inappropriate.
>> No. 16642
>Why, it’s none other than Keine Kamishirasawa! She’s wearing… exactly what you remember her wearing before. You’re not sure why you felt the need to point that out, but eh.

I know what you've been reading~
>> No. 16645
>tea youkai

In Gensokyo, this would make KC a force to be reckoned with. Phantasm level, even.
>> No. 16652
>>16645

Oh balls, that's actually a typo. It's meant to be "tea powered youkai." Forgive the bit of meta, since Keine's lecture back in the first thread didn't cover that much.
>> No. 16657
>>16640
[X] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(X) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(X) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(X) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?
Because making Harker percolate his creative juices on Keine's backstory will distract him from his nasty habit of imbibing bitter lie juice. Besides, nothing gets people into their comfort zone like talking about their passion. Finally: tea

I left out [X]Check time on purpose. Consider the company and what a discrete check of the pocket watch would signal after a potential lecture
>> No. 16658
[X] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(X) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(X) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(X) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?
>> No. 16667
[d] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(a) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(z) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(e) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?
[⌚] Ch-- wait, that might be misinterpreted. (his hand starts to move for the watch, but doesn't go more than an inch or two.)
[⌚] Check the time whenever you leave, then.

>>16657
Why the thing about Remilia, again?

>>16640
>It occurred to me that KC's speech is almost exclusively filled with American slang and sayings. Apologies if it sounds unnatural or inappropriate.

Actually, it kind of works. Don't change it.
>> No. 16675
>>16667
Couple threads back Reimu complimented KC on his appreciation of tea, and that the only other person that enjoyed it as much as they did was Remi. If we're ever assaulted by Kaguya's coffee obsession again, enjoying some fine tea with like-minded people would be nice... and I want to see KC interact with Remilia nd Sakuya.
>> No. 16677
[X] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(X) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(X) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(X) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?
>> No. 16678
First of all, I must confess that I have paid far too little attention to this story. Consider this rectified.

Second:

>>16640

>It occurred to me that KC's speech is almost >exclusively filled with American slang and >sayings. Apologies if it sounds unnatural or >inappropriate.

As the cultured gentleman he is, KC may very well be fond of using the type and mode of speech commonly found in the colonies. However, a slight shift towards Her Majesty's English would not be a bad thing.

And finally the write-in is good.

[ODIN] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(ODIN) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(ODIN) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(ODIN) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?
>> No. 16679
[X] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-[X] Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-[X] Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-[X] If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?
>> No. 16680
[X] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(X) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(X) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(X) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?
>> No. 16681
[X] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(X) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(X) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discreet gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(X) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?

"discreet"
>> No. 16683
>>16675
Oh, that's right. Thank you.
>> No. 16686
Alright, I'd say it's rather obvious what has won. Something shall be produced tomorrow or I'll eat my hat.
>> No. 16691
>>16686

Hooray!
>> No. 16698
>>16686
I hope you like hats, Harker. I hear they go great with lies.

;_;
>> No. 16699
>;_;

Did you honestly expect him to update twice in the same week?
>> No. 16700
>>16699

Maybe some people have caused him to have false hope in writers' lies. Maybe.
>> No. 16701
Tonight I dine on wool fashioned in such a manner as to be worn on the head. Akatosh forbid I actually be reliable for once.
>> No. 16713
>>16701

Just hope it doesn't become the standard fare.
>> No. 16731
You must really enjoy the taste of lanolin.
>> No. 16740
>>16731

It's not too bad once you get used to it.
>> No. 16746
Harkerrrr. Updaaate.
>> No. 16751
File 124656278638.jpg - (385.83KB, 600x700, 490166.jpg) [iqdb]
16751
>>16740
Oh hey, I took the liberty of using bitter schoolmarm tears as a garnish for your lie juice. You can have it as a chaser for your recently devoured chapeau
>> No. 16769
File 124719850047.gif - (17.19KB, 480x640, 3077492.gif) [iqdb]
16769
Goddammit, update already you flakey git
>> No. 16847
uodate
>> No. 16863
It's been a month. This is about the time readers start writing a story off as abandoned. Some cling desperately on the expectation of a glorious return. The right thing would probably be to let them know explicitly that this is on hiatus.
>> No. 16871
File 124799122328.jpg - (202.53KB, 590x725, e8602958473b765bd7d8eb331b88211d.jpg) [iqdb]
16871
[X] Talking should help the awkwardness.
-(X) Compliment the pictures by the children and ask about what she teaches (lesson plans, curriculums, subjects, etc.)
-(X) Ask how she managed to land her position as the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo; if you can work a crack about her 'reliable senior' (discrete gesture towards the picture of the young Keine and Mokou here), all the better.
-(X) If time permits, what would it take to contact a taciturn shrine maiden and a tea loving vampire?

A lovely lady uncomfortable in your presence? You’ll be having have none of that. Especially not one who has shared her tea with you. Thus, you resolve to cut the awkwardness with your greatest skill: chit-chat.
“Are these pictures by your students? They’re quite good.” You say while motioning to the drawings.
“Hm? Oh, yes, sometimes my students give me gifts.”
“I see. They must like you, then.”
“I suppose. They certainly don’t like my lectures, though.” Keine says with a weak smile.
“I guess that’s to be expected of students. What are you teaching them, anyway?”
“Well, I primarily teach general subjects such as reading, writing, and math. In addition to that I also give lessons on history.”
“Oh? Do you teach in periods? Like the first hour being language, the next math and so on?”
“I personally prefer to teach one subject a day. In my experience jumping from one subject to another breaks one’s flow.”
“Funny, some school districts on the outside think the same way. Frankly, I see no reason why it shouldn’t be standard.”
“Well then, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who thinks as such.”
“Indeed, I may venture so far as to say you’re ahead of your time.”
“Mister Mills, I’m afraid jokes and flattery will do you no favors.” Keine says with a blush and a frown.
“Oh, but I’m quite serious. For all the schooling systems we have outside things are very slow to change and innovation is rather frowned upon.”
“Really? I guess owning the schoolhouse has its advantages after all.” She says, frown leaving her face.
“Seems so.” You say while taking a sip of tea. That reminds you… “Speaking of which, I must admit that I’m curious as to how such a young woman as yourself managed to become the official educator of the human population of Gensokyo.”
“It’s really nothing as grand as you make it out to be.” Keine says while nibbling one of the cookies. You’d have more yourself, but the soft chocolate chips are a bit too sweet for your liking.
“Be that as it may, I’m still interested in knowing.” You say, causing Keine to pause for a moment in thought.
“Well, if you insist. I’ve just always thought that all children deserve a proper education, not just those from well-to-do families. I had planned on just being a tutor, but Mokou told me I was thinking too small.”
“Ah, I’m assuming your ‘reliable senior’ was the one who suggested to have a full-blown schoolhouse?” You say while motioning your head to the picture of the two.
“Yes, she was a large impact on my life at that point. She is much more of a ‘reliable senior’ than one may think.” Keine says with a giggle. “That was actually the one thing my parents approved of when it came to her.”
“Not her biggest fans, eh?”
“That would be putting it mildly. They thought of her as a bumpkin and a bad influence on me. Of course, my parents opinion of her started to change after I told them of her suggestion.”
“Makes sense, I suppose. How did you come about acquiring the schoolhouse itself?”
“Well…Father liked the idea of me teaching so much that he spoke with a carpenter the next day and commissioned it built.”
“He ordered an entire building be built on such short notice?” You say in surprise. Guess her dad really liked the idea. You notice that Keine pauses a bit before responding.
“My family is rather…well off, so it was easily affordable.”
“Ah, I see. That makes quite a bit of sense, then.” Keine pauses again before responding, but you see a faint smile on her face this time.
“It would make even more sense if you met him. He’s the kind of man to throw himself into everything he tries.” Keine says with a small laugh. “So, thanks to his and Mother’s support I became the head teacher here in the Main Village. Oh, but I’m not the only teacher of humans here.”
“Really?” Here you were thinking it was just her.
“Yes, there are three other full-time teachers and a handful of part-timers. They really help with the workload.”
“I’d imagine so. Come to think of it, why do you use the term ‘head teacher?’ Are you something like the dean, maybe?” For some reason you can imagine her as the dean in one of those college comedies where she tries her hardest to get the wacky protagonist expelled (“Youkai Hooooouse!”).
“I’m not too sure of that. I review the content and lesson plans of the other teachers and they defer to me when problems arise, but I like to think of myself as a teacher rather than being any kind of administrator.” While that’s not nearly as ch-ray-zee, it fits her much better.
“I see. I suppose the more administrating you do results in less actual teaching?”
“More or less.” Keine says before taking a sip of tea. You half expect her to continue, but the ensuing silence proves you wrong. After a few moments you think to break it, but Keine beats you to it. “So, are the people of Eientei still treating you well?”
“Very much so. Despite my rather short stay I’ve become quite attached to the place and its denizens. Though, I suppose that could apply to Gensokyo as a whole as well.”
“That’s good. It’s always nice to make friends in new places.”
“It’s worked for me so far. I seem to have gathered an interesting assortment of friends here, but that may be par for the course here in Gensokyo. ”
“It may be.” Keine says with a smile. “I know when I was young I certainly never thought I’d be best friends with an immortal.”
“And I would have never thought I’d act as an older brother to a supernatural rabbit.” You say, returning the smile and causing Keine to laugh.
“Well then, to interesting friends?” Keine says while offering a toast with her cup.
“To interesting friends.” You say while clinking your cup against hers. The two of you then chat about various things of little importance and segue back to school-based subjects for a while.

After an hour or two you notice how late it must be and figure you should leave before you overstay your welcome. As Keine sees you out, you recall something…
“Ah, by the way, would you happen to know of a way to contact a certain taciturn shrine maiden or tea loving vampire? I was given an offer for tea by Miss Hakurei, but I can’t say I know the means of taking her up on it.” Keine pauses to think for a moment.
“Well, you can always drop by Miss Hakurei’s shrine. She’s used to people visiting unannounced. Or, if you wish to be more polite, you can always send a message to her. I’m not sure which she prefers, though. As for the vampire, I assume you mean Miss Remilia Scarlet?”
“As far as I know, yes.”
“Well, you can try to drop by, but it’s very unlikely you’ll make it past her door guard. I’d advise meeting her through Reimu, if at all possible.”
“I see. That’s very helpful, thank you.”
“My pleasure. I try to help my friends when I can. Speaking of which, do you have a safe way to get back to Eientei?”
“Hm? What do you mean?”
“Well, youkai are more active at night and you don’t exactly seem to be a warrior. If you want, I can show you the way to a nice inn around here.” Keine offers.

Tempting. You reach back to give Cornelius a reassuring pat, but your hand only meets air. Right, Tewi borrowed him. Bugger. Well, you think you could do well enough with your knife.

[] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.
[] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.
>> No. 16872
>>16863

Will an update do? I do apologize for taking a month with hardly a "how do you do," though. A kind of "If I'm posting, why am I not updating?" thing (which is a valid question). It's also a bit of an embarrassment to admit that I had burnt out writing a simple slice-of-life story compared to others that have stories far longer, far deeper, and with far less obvious mistakes than my own. So, yeah, my bit of pride got in the way there.

Also, symbolic sage.
>> No. 16874
[] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.
>> No. 16875
>“I’d imagine so. Come to think of it, why do you use the term ‘head teacher?’ Are you something like the dean, maybe?” For some reason you can imagine her as the dean in one of those college comedies where she tries her hardest to get the wacky protagonist expelled (“Youkai Hooooouse!”).

YOU'RE ON PROBATION HARKER

DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION

>[] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.

That would be nice, if we weren't destitute and already indebted to Eientei.

[x] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.

Let's see how capable KC is at bushwhacking, shall we?
>> No. 16876
[X] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.
>> No. 16877
In celebration of Harker's glorious return there will a Fallout update tonight or tomorrow.

Now keep writing.
>> No. 16878
[Q] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.
>> No. 16883
[x] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.
>> No. 16884
[X] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.

A single schoolmarm and an attractive gent seen entering an inn together?

Hmmmm.

Hm-hm-hm-hmmmm.
>> No. 16885
>>16884
You're right. That wouldn't look too good for her if caught.

[+] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.

Now where's that grue and the manticore? I know they were around here somewhere ...
>> No. 16886
[X] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.

KC not being confronted by wild youkai, or worse a certain Gap-Youkai, all alone in the middle of the night within a bamboo forest unarmed seems very dubious...
>> No. 16889
>or worse a certain Gap-Youkai

A certain Gap-Youkai is just as likely to be waiting for him in the room he rented than in the forest.

>within a bamboo forest

Which is under constant surveillance by Tewi's rabbits and Mokou's patrolling.

>unarmed

durr...

>Paratrooper Knife: It may also be called a “Gravity Knife,” but it sadly cannot cut gravity.
>> No. 16892
[ze] Nah, you’ll be fine. Go back to Eientei.

>>16885
The grue is obvious, but who's the manticore? Mystia?

>>16872
Well, don't let it happen again. Trust me when I say you write one of the best stories on THP. And writefags fearing that they suck seems to be a general indication that they in fact, don't.

If anything, the bad sign is when they think they can do no wrong in their writing.
>> No. 16895
>>16873

>I rather liked this update.

I'm pretty satisfied with it, myself.

>>16875

Well, you're not completely destitute. You just have a rather small sum of money.

>>16877

Hooray!

>>16892

>If anything, the bad sign is when they think they can do no wrong in their writing.

Believe you me, that's not something you should worry about on this front. I'm no Woody Allen, but I can be one nebbishy motherfucker.

>>16893

The only question is how Keine feels about casual sex. Is she the prudish schoolmarm waiting for marriage or the tense teacher who needs some lovin'?

Also, voting is still open.
>> No. 16900
>While we ARE committing ourselves to Reisen

Wait, what? When the fuck exactly was this decided upon?

>we need at least a little action on the side before we do so, and Keine is the perfect candidate.

Motherfucker, you did not just call the schoolmarm a disposable one-night-stand.

Yeah, she's lonely, sure, and she might even go for it.

But if you lead her on, she will be hurt bad when you unceremoniously drop her for another girl. Another Rinnosuke is not what she needs.

And eventually, you'll have a very pissed Mokou coming after you.

>>16895
>Well, you're not completely destitute. You just have a rather small sum of money.

10 Yen, man. 10 Yen.
>> No. 16905
>>16871
[X] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.

After coming back from an impossibly shitty convention, this is exactly what I needed to raise my spirits. Much obliged, Harker. As for staying the night somewhere other than Eientei; this is a suitable experiment to see how the residents of the bamboo forest will respond to KC venturing forth a little bit. I can imagine most of the responses given what we've seen, but I'd rather not assume.
>> No. 16912
>>16895

True. However, most of the depictions of Keine that I've seen have her as the latter rather than the former...but still, it's not exactly fair of me to assume that your depiction of Keine will match those. What was it that Ghost said...?

"Past experience never proves the future."

>>16900


>Wait, what? When the fuck exactly was this decided upon?

Uh, I think pretty much from thread two or three, given how hard everyone's been pushing Reisen. Hell, that Fallout CYOA assumes the KC/Reisen pairing...now, granted, no one's come out and said it explicitly, but hey, reading between the lines can be a difficult thing.

>Motherfucker, you did not just call the schoolmarm a disposable one-night-stand. Yeah, she's lonely, sure, and she might even go for it.

Does everyone's mind around here go straight to the gutter? Because that's not what I meant.

So, allow me to clarify. By "action on the side" I meant "the other person we express an interest in during the game." It's a rather common trope in both anime and eroge - that eventually out of all the girls you like, it comes down to two, and the protagonist picks one.

>Another Rinnosuke is not what she needs.

At this point, we don't even KNOW enough about Keine to know whether or not Kourin has ever been in the picture. He might have, he might not. We should probably FIND OUT FIRST before we do anything remotely intimate with her.

>you'll have a very pissed Mokou coming after you.

We could get that just from the fact that we live at Eientei, and hang out with Kaguya.

Seriously, given her history and general demeanor, it'd be difficult to get involved with Mokou and NOT have her angry with us at some point.
>> No. 16913
>Uh, I think pretty much from thread two or three, given how hard everyone's been pushing Reisen.

I don't see it. KC's been flirting with pretty much everyone he comes across; Reisen's much more approachable than Kaguya or Eirin, and Keine & Mokou don't live in the household. It's only sensible that Reisen has got a lot of play.

>Hell, that Fallout CYOA assumes the KC/Reisen pairing...

A relationship that ended in tragedy. The purpose of making a Reisen/KC mention was to provide justification for Yue becoming Eirin's apprentice, explaining her current role as physician, not as an endorsement of that route in this story.

It's not that I'm saying a Reisen route would be bad, but personally I honestly prefer a Kaguya pairing.

>So, allow me to clarify. By "action on the side" I meant "the other person we express an interest in during the game." It's a rather common trope in both anime and eroge - that eventually out of all the girls you like, it comes down to two, and the protagonist picks one. Does everyone's mind around here go straight to the gutter? Because that's not what I meant.

Getting "action on the side" in context of relationships is slang for "having (often regular) sex with someone while you're already in a proper relationship with someone else."

>At this point, we don't even KNOW enough about Keine to know whether or not Kourin has ever been in the picture. He might have, he might not. We should probably FIND OUT FIRST before we do anything remotely intimate with her.

The information we've received has been rather explicit.

>We could get that just from the fact that we live at Eientei, and hang out with Kaguya.

No, Mokou's been very cool with us so far. We also know she holds no enmity for the other residents of Eientei.
>> No. 16914
>10 Yen
Harker has a weird thing about money in this story.

And honestly, while we're on that: Hark, my man.
You know it's basically 100 yen to the dollar, right?

It's okay to retcon that bit.
We won't flip out.

>>16900
You couldn't tell this story was headed Reisen's way?
...Really?
You're serious?
...No, you aren't.
You kidder, you.
>> No. 16916
[ODIN] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.
[ODIN]...however, as of late your finances seem to have gone the way of the Titanic. This regrettable fact leaves you with little choice but try your luck against the horrors of the cold, dark and dangerous forest.

This, delivered with the perfect mix of resignation and british understatement to convince Keine to take KC home with her.

And if it doesn't work, we haven't really lost anything either, except maybe our lives.
>> No. 16918
[X] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.
[X]...however, as of late your finances seem to have gone the way of the Titanic. This regrettable fact leaves you with little choice but try your luck against the horrors of the cold, dark and dangerous forest.

Also, thread has gone into autosage. Please give us a new one soon, Harker~
>> No. 16919
>>16905

Seems this year may not be the best for conventions in general.

>>16912

It's cool, just remember that opinions on sex varies from Touhou to Touhou.

>>16914

I'm aware, I just guessed inflation wouldn't hit a closed economy like Gensokyo's too hard. Of course, it's very likely that I'm wrong (I'm not exactly well versed in Economics, you see). Although, I probably will use the 100:1 thing in the future since it's a lot easier to use and more clear for everyone involved. For now let's just say Rinnosuke didn't have much money to spare and your dashing charm and friends have earned you discounts.

Also, the vote is called and writing shall begin.
>> No. 16920
Changing vote to Norseman's and Millenia's.

[X] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.
[X]...however, as of late your finances seem to have gone the way of the Titanic. This regrettable fact leaves you with little choice but try your luck against the horrors of the cold, dark and dangerous forest.
>> No. 16930
>>16919
Called or not, I'll still change mine at >>16892 , too. Superior write-in is superior.


[z] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.
[e] ...however, as of late your finances seem to have gone the way of the Titanic. This regrettable fact leaves you with little choice but try your luck against the horrors of the cold, dark and dangerous forest.
>> No. 16940
[X] The lady has a point. An inn would be a wise course of action.

Ffff Harker! good one! i really want to read the hakurei/scarlet/KC tea party~ so go on!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x