[Return]
Archived Thread
File 123056324236.jpg - (35.22KB , 442x270 , wave.jpg ) [iqdb]
12830 No. 12830
You tap the 'stop' button with the stylus. You let out a sigh of relief. You were unsure of this at first, it seemed like a stupid idea. But, hey, as you went along you got into it.

“Still, who would have thought that I could say so much about this last week...” You mutter, trying to suppress another sigh.

It's late at night and, save for the distant songs of nocturnal birds, it's completely silent around here. You'd be sleeping at this time normally. There's not much to do and the others seem to be asleep. The only reason you're up is because of this stupid thing.

You stare at the pale light coming from the PDA's screen. Yeah, this thing. You got it earlier today. That girl really forced it on you, called it “junk” but gave it to you all the same. Really now, just because you helped her find the clinic the other day she didn't need to repay you. Well, that doesn't bother you that much. It's that her attitude was so arrogant. But well, you're not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. The PDA works. Luckily the PIN code was taped on a piece of paper (2737, something about that number strikes you as unusual). Save for a few additional encrypted directories and files, you have complete access to this thing. Not too shabby. It has organizational functions, musical playback capabilities, and can even access the net. Too bad you don't have any Wi-Fi hotspots nearby.

YakOS

You stare at the mascot, a happy-looking yak with a ribbon and silly hat, as you access the file you just created. You'll play it back now, after all it you have to see if this 'no-name' PDA did its job well.

“...Umm... testing, testing... la la lah~” You hear your voice being played back. It sounds a bit lower in pitch than you normally hear it. “I guess it's on. Yeah, that wave is definitely my voice pattern. So, uh, starting. I've decided to keep this audio log because of the events that have happened to me lately. I feel it's important to keep track of everything. After all, given how messed up this week was, I have no idea what might happen to me in another week's time. But uh... this is no good.”

You smile, you totally forgot there that you were going for something more dramatic, perhaps akin to a captain's log on a vessel. You hear yourself try again the beginning, this time properly.

“This is the log of Emiya Shirou. The date ought to be the 10th, but present circumstances make me doubt the validity of the normal calendar. I will, in full, account what has befallen me since I first arrived.” You hear yourself let out a sigh in the recording. You'll be more careful in the future.

“I suppose that the best place to begin would be with background information. Until about a week ago, I lived in a urban center with perhaps millions in the general area. I lived alone in a small apartment, living off of money saved up and small monthly stipends. My life there was regularized; I would spend most of the day on the computer, engaging in various things that are of interest to me, as well as occasionally stepping out to purchase food. Money that I didn't use for rent nor food usually went towards my hobbies. Among them collecting PVC models and buying games and DVDs.

Then, a little over a week ago, I placed an order for a once-in-a-lifetime chance. It cost me more than usual, but it was worth it. When it arrived I opened up the box and gazed upon its magnificence. And that's...” You voice begins to trail off, “when my memories of home end and my present situation begins.”

“About that,

Well, I'm currently in a place called Eientei, a large Japanese-style mansion surrounded by a thick and strange bamboo maze of a forest. To tell the truth, it looks a bit otherworldly at night. But, ah, that's not important.”

Man, that's embarrassing, it somehow sounds like you're afraid of this place. That's not really the truth.

“There are four permanent residents that I've met thus far. Besides a legion of rabbits. The mistress of the manor is a friend of mine. Her name is Kaguya, and she's a princess from the moon.” Your voice pauses in the recording. “Yeah, hard to believe. But it's the truth. I believe what she tells me, even if I don't really understand it. She's a dear friend of mine. We've kept in contact for a long amount of time via the internet. Her advice and presence in my life have been really valuable. I know it's strange, but I think that there's a more intimate bond between us than I could put into words. Heh, that sounds weird and no doubt creepy. Well it certainly doesn't help that she looks like a princess. I could hardly believe my eyes when I first saw her. I had my doubts to her identity. But the way she treated me, there's no doubt she's that friend I've cherished.

So yeah, she brought me over here somehow. I say somehow because I'm not sure at all how it happened. Apparently this area is hidden away from the normal world somehow. I don't know if to fully believe that, but it does feel like time here has flowed in a different way than where I used to live.”

There's a moment of silence as you gather your thoughts,

“Anyways, besides her there's Reisen. She seems to be in charge of day-to-day affairs and is nice to talk about. She's real polite and has had no objections in guiding me around both here and the village. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I found it odd that she has, well, rabbit ears. But I'm told she's from the moon as well, and I find myself buying that story for some reason. Reisen has even given me spare clothes to wear. I now have a choice in between kimonos and slacks and a shirt. Haha, despite my hobbies, I don't think I ever pictured myself wearing a real kimono.

Then there's Tewi. She's also a rabbit person. I've seen her three times. The first time she politely introduced herself – before running off. The second time was during lunch. She seemed nice enough, until she tried to steal my carrots. Reisen had to step in and chastise her. And the third time was while I was thinking in the courtyard one morning. She didn't do anything, just stared at me. More accurately, at my leather belt. I don't think I should leave my belongings unattended. Nor turn my back on her very often.

Finally, there's Eirin. She's also a lunarian and a doctor. I met her at her clinic here on the first day. She seemed nice enough. She was a bit indifferent to me, but I asked her about her work and research. I wasn't able to understand it all, but apparently it's impressive enough that I was able to follow her train of thought. She warmed up slightly afterwards. And proved to be a lifesaver later, when I got hurt. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Next up, the people I've met outside of Eientei. I was taken by Reisen out to sell medicine at the nearby village. The forest is really a maze.” Yeah, but you've more or less figured out how to get to the village. “It's pretty big for a village. Lots of fields and houses. People working outside or in the shops. Anyways, Reisen let me wander around a bit. As it turns out, by randomly walking about, I stumbled upon the local schoolhouse. It's the one-room school sort of thing. And apparently there's only one teacher working there now. I met her. She looked so young. Even though she was on her lunch break, she took the time to talk to me. Her name is Keine. She was really interested to know that I was from the 'outside'.”
>> No. 12831
You pause the recording. Maybe you should add a note on what the outside is. Basically this whole place is within a sort of giant 'border' that keeps it separated from the real world. You don't really understand the principle behind it, so you're just content in claiming that 'a wizard did it'. Nah, it's okay. No one will probably hear this. You unpause and let the recording continue.

“We hit it off and she even offered to buy me a drink later. I agreed to meet her later in the local tavern. I told Reisen about it and waited until the proper time. The tavern was nice, the patrons were a bit creepy, but maybe that's just the city-slicker in me talking. So we drank a bit and I went on about my world. Normally this would bore anyone, but she was fascinated. It made me believe that this place really was isolated from the world.

Later on, she introduced me to a friend of hers. And sent me back to Eientei with her. Man, what a fiery girl. Her name is Mokou. As soon as I told her I was staying at Eientei she started going on telling me not to trust people there. In particular she seemed to get more worked up when I told her I was Kaguya's friend. She was cute enough, hidden away in boyish clothes. If she maybe wore a skirt and walked in a more lady-like manner I think she'd outclass most of the 'pretty' girls I've seen in my life. Mmm, maybe I should delete that... ah, doesn't matter. Still her fervor was enough to momentarily distract me from her delicate features and young appearance. She left me at Eientei and left in a huff. And well, we met again later. Yeah, now would be a good time to talk about some of the events that led up to that.

On my second or third day here, I was spending some quality time playing with Kaguya. Yeah, I just had to see just how much my buddy was like the image I had in my head. Turns out that she's got an extensive game collection. Oh man, I wonder how she got those rare signed golden cartridges... but yeah. So we were playing and things got intense. Blame fighting games. Before I knew it, I had banged my head against the wall in my excitement and I passed out. Well, I think it could happen to anyone – it's not every day that you pull off moves with a two frame window for input. Something else kicked in, I was later told, and I was convulsing violently while unconscious.

I was taken to the clinic, where Eirin performed some emergency treatment and patched me up. I ended up losing a whole day. Had a really freaky dream as well, but that's something best kept only to myself. Sorry Mr. Log, I don't know you well enough yet.” You cringe at your previous sentence. “Anyways, by evening I was okay again. Kaguya came to see me and jokingly said that if she knew I was going to get so worked up, she would have let me beat her. I'll show her though. But that's not important. Focus on the narrative... For some reason, I found myself staring outside the window. I saw something moving in the bushes outside and curiosity got the best of me. I checked it out, and lo and behold, I met Mokou again.”

You grin when the next section plays back, the images still vivid in your mind.

“All hell broke loose. I tripped the security or something. There were more rockets and lights than New Year's. I didn't know what to do, and Mokou just grabbed my hand and ran. We dodged bullets that seemed to shoot bullets. Heh, it was crazy. Eventually we got out of range. I wanted to go back, but Mokou insisted that it was a bad idea. I wasn't about to go solo in those confusing woods. We spent the night huddled close together in a cave somewhere in the forest. I've got to admit that I saw what seemed to be a softer side of this girl. Sure, she drooled on my arm, but it was overall nice I guess.

In the morning she was gone. I went out searching for her and found another weirdo. This time a blond girl dressed like a puritan. Well, to be fair, she claimed to be a magician so I guess it's more like a witch come to think about it. Yeah, the hat was a dead giveaway. She is also apparently very socially challenged. I know, harsh, but she did almost blow me up – luckily Mokou showed up and defused the situation. Anyways, Marisa, as the would-be magician called herself was out hunting for mushrooms and I startled her somehow. Yeah, I'm totally a big scary bear with multilasers.

Enough about that.

We went back to the village and parted ways. Mokou made sure I knew the way back home. How could someone like Keine be friends with her? It's a mystery. It's like a contrast between kind and sensitive and in-your-face attitude and spite. Lotsa spite.

I returned to Eientei by myself. Quite honestly, I don't think I know how to deal with Mokou.

Along the way I met a fascinating individual. She was looking for Marisa. Another blond. The cool thing were the dolls she had. They were amazingly made. And she didn't mind me chatting her up about them. They were really cool, they even moved about, seemingly on their own. She even had a doll sent over to me a few days later. Awesome Albion.”

God, you sound like a drooling fanboy. Your next comment sobers you up though.

“Still, while Alice might be nice as a friend, my gut tells me not to get too close. That road might lead to somewhere undesirable. I also had a big feeling of déjà vu. Yeah, that path is definitely closed whether I want it or not.

I got home in the late afternoon. I was scolded like a kid. It couldn't be helped I guess – they were genuinely worried about me. Well, at least Kaguya and Reisen made me feel that way – the doc is too hard to read sometimes.”

It's around here that you remind yourself not to ramble on that much. Yeah, you realize that you've been speaking for a long time. You'll be more concise in future recordings.

“There's only three more things things worth brining up. Still, I'll gloss over for the sake of brevity. Firstly, during my first day, I met a local shrine maiden. She was looking for Eirin. I helped her out, and the other day when walking on a tour with Reisen we ran into each other. This is where I got the PDA. Secondly, there's an annoying journalist trailing me. I shrugged her off, but she's persistent. Must be desperate stories if I'm the best scoop in town.

And well, lastly, is the fact that there's a festival coming up in a few days. On the night of the full moon. I've been told that it's fun to gaze at the full moon and eat rice cakes. Doesn't sound too appealing, but what else am I going to do? Thus far I haven't really decided what to do with myself. Hell, I don't even know if this is entirely real. Or even if it is, how long I'll be here.

Note to self: Ask Kaguya about all of that.

It's getting late, and I'm tired of talking. I've been rambling on way too long for a simple audio log. I've got to pace myself.”

And with that, the recording ends. It's all there. It's unfocused and all over the place, but it's something. You don't know if you'll keep more logs in the future, it all seems so tedious. You're exhausted from even trying to chronicle.
>> No. 12832
You let out a yawn. You're getting really sleepy. Still, like a kid with a shiny new toy, you can't seem to put this contraption down. You fumble around with it, checking out the different components.

There's a simple text file named “Rules” in the memory, you open it;

/-*Rules

1) You are what you do.

2) Being creative and saying things in different ways may net you more chances.

3) Pushing in a unified direction after the initial period is a must.

4) History tends to repeat itself, sometimes events that occur, occurred in more detail in the past.
a) Refer to the past to grasp the full picture.

5) There's almost always a light at the end of the tunnel.

6) When in doubt, ask questions!

And remember, the road to hell is paved with good intentions!*-r

You eye over each of the numbered points and wonder what they could be referring to. It's strange, it's the only text file on this thing. Maybe the previous owner left it?

There's a strange applet next to it that you open.

|-| IMPORTANT.JAR

#RESULTS ARE CALCULATED REALTIME AND SUBJECT TO THE YAKCORP LISCENCE

▀ ▀◄ [x---------------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a small bird)
♥▬◙ [----------------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a bottle)
☻☼▐ [x---------------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a crescent moon)
◊●◘ [----------------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a red circle)
╗∟♣ [----------------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a golden circle)
∏ [----------------] (there is a grey checkbox here, as well as an image of a what's either a lillypad or a leaf of sorts)
▬┼∫ [////////////////] (there is a red 'x' here, as well as an image of a triangle)
(there's something else here, three more 'bars' like above, except they're as warped as the corrupt text above)

#CHECK REGULARLY FOR STANDING
|-|

You have no clue as to what this aplet is, much less why some bars are a bit filled. It certainly doesn't help that the text before each bar is totally glitchy and illegible. The images and checkboxes after each bar also give you no insight, no matter how much you think about it.

You continue to operate the device, checking out the alarm settings and general information;

{

Device name = Skgmi
Battery = A/C
Used Memory = 4658 ▪ [unit illegible]
Free Memory = 76410 ▪ [unit illegible]
Volume = 66%
Wireless = Not Connected
Current Theme = YakCity
Background Image = Awesome.jpg
Alarm = “Ievan Polkka.ogg”
Alarm time = Not Set
Touchscreen Sensitivity = Medium

© ╬╫░∩ [Date Illegible] YakCorp

}

Everything seems normal, save for the corrupted icons and text. To your dismay, some of the software shares these anomalies.

<< A-non-e-moose's Personality Test – Find out who you are (Warning may not □□□ [Illegible Text] Properly!) >>
<< Yaksoft EyeMelodies – Get music for a reasonable* cost! >>
<< YakSoft Incarda Encylopedia – Any topic, any time! >>
<< ZUUM Unending Afternoon – Are you man enough to control flying little girls to end tea time once and for all? >>

You'll check them out later. There's more, but really it's all just shovelware.

...

On second thought, maybe checking out the software would be a good idea, the picture collection is enough to make you blush. You have to make sure no one ever sees it. They might assume that you're... you know. And that's something you definitely don't want to be labeled as.

You yawn again. Given the direction things are going, you should rest soon. You'll still have the PDA tomorrow.

[] Go to sleep – you'll have plenty to do tomorrow
[] Play “Unending Afternoon” for a bit
[] Look up stuff on the encyclopedia
[] Take the personality test

----

Sorry about the big boring summary/recap/retcon of sorts, as well as the seemingly lame first choices. It's all necessary to set things up just right.

Oh, and the PDA should be a sort of central hub and general indicator of story flow until route locking (and even then it'll still offer some valuable insight at times). You'll be able to access it almost at any time.

I probably won't write for several hours more/half a day since I'll either be sleeping or busy. Or maybe not, we'll see how it goes. And I sort of feel guilty about not reading all of the stories I told myself I'd read.
>> No. 12833
[] Go to sleep – you'll have plenty to do tomorrow
-------------
I've your previous Eientei story, and it's a job well done. Although your ending isn't what I had expected.

Hard to find writers as dedicated, keeping up a story as long as yours, and to be ready for another go so soon.

Best of Luck for the year ahead.
>> No. 12834
> “Still, while Alice might be nice as a friend, my gut tells me not to get too close. That road might lead to somewhere undesirable. I also had a big feeling of déjà vu. Yeah, that path is definitely closed whether I want it or not.

Nipping this in the bud I see. And I couldn't be happier.

[] Go to sleep – you'll have plenty to do tomorrow
>> No. 12835
Hm, skipedfast fowarded the whole introduction phase from last run, huh? Well, ok.

[X] Take the personality test

No ADD this time.
>On second thought, maybe checking out the software would be a good idea, the picture collection is enough to make you blush. You have to make sure no one ever sees it. They might assume that you're... you know. And that's something you definitely don't want to be labeled as

[X] Browse picture gallery.
>> No. 12836
[x] Go to sleep – you'll have plenty to do tomorrow
>> No. 12837
[X] Take the personality test
>> No. 12838
[X] Take the personality test
>> No. 12839
[x] Take the personality test
>> No. 12840
>>12837
>>12838
>>12839

>10:51
>10:52
>10:53

Not vote spam at all.
>> No. 12841
[X] Take the personality test
[X] Browse picture gallery.
>> No. 12842
[x] Take the personality test
>> No. 12844
[!/] Take the personality test.

...so Shirou is gay?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF SCORNNNNN
>> No. 12845
[X] Take the personality test

We're gonna do this right no matter what.
>> No. 12846
[X] Take the personality test
Oh, why not?

>>Secondly, there's an annoying journalist trailing me. I shrugged her off, but she's persistent.
Oh, please tell me we're going to have some cat-and-mouse tengu-eluding stealth action going on.
>> No. 12847
Already wrtng Teruyo? You are Animal.

[x] Take the personality test

Time to fix the flaws that Shirou has.
>> No. 12848
File 123060762980.jpg- (24.95KB , 500x375 , test.jpg ) [iqdb]
12848
[x] Take the personality test

Nothing wrong with taking a little personality test, right?

You select the app by clicking on its icon and wait while it loads. The YakOS logo appears on screen with a progress bar.

“A world with no boundaries, huh?”

The program loads and you frown. There's several questions with selectable circles next to the answers. That's fine. What's not fine is the fact that some of the questions are garbled, leaving only the answers. This PDA has got to be defective.

On-screen instructions tell you that this is the 'basic' test. There's no more than eight questions and a big red 'SUBMIT' button. There's one more thing that you almost miss at first glance. On the bottom of the screen is a disclaimer in a small font.

“WARNING: THIS SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED 'AS-IS' AND THE CREATORS TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY ON DAMAGES INCURRED DUE TO MISINTERPRETATION AND QUANTUM REARRANGEMENT.”

You shrug at the cryptic disclaimer and read the test;

1) You have a free weekend, which would you rather do?

[] Go hiking
[] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts

2) (This question is completely and utterly illegible)

[] You prefer them almost completely flat
[] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to

3) What do you think of the mysteries in life?

[] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[] Everything has an explanation and must be rationalized

4) History repeats itself – true or false?

[] True – It's like an endless waltz.
[] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.

5) An ideal can be worth (next couple words are garbled) for?

[] Definitely!
[] Not at all!

6) Life is best when...

[] ...there's lots of action and excitement
[] …when it's nice and peaceful

7) A close friend has done an unimaginable deed, do you:

[] Try to help him out regardless?
[] Distance yourself?

8) It's more important to:

[] Have good intentions and not get much done?
[] Hurt others, yet accomplish something?

Please select one from each category and hit 'SUBMIT'
>> No. 12849
[1] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[2] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[3] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[4] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[5] Definitely!
[6] …when it's nice and peaceful
[7] Try to help him out regardless?
[8] Have good intentions and not get much done?
>> No. 12850
1) You have a free weekend, which would you rather do?

[x] Hotglue your Figures.

2) (This question is completely and utterly illegible)

[x] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to

3) What do you think of the mysteries in life?

[x] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting

4) History repeats itself – true or false?

[x] True – It's like an endless waltz.

5) An ideal can be worth (next couple words are garbled) for?

[x] Definitely!

6) Life is best when...

[x] ...there's lots of action and excitement

7) A close friend has done an unimaginable deed, do you:

[x] Distance yourself?

8) It's more important to:

[x] Hurt others, yet accomplish something?
>> No. 12851
[] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[] You prefer them almost completely flat
[] Everything has an explanation and must be rationalized
[] True – It's like an endless waltz.
[] Definitely!
[] …when it's nice and peaceful
[] Try to help him out regardless?
[] Have good intentions and not get much done?
>> No. 12852
[!/] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[!/] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[!/] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[!/] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[!/] Definitely!
[!/] …when it's nice and peaceful
[!/] Try to help him out regardless?
[!/] Have good intentions and not get much done?

Idealism...hey Shirou~
>> No. 12853
[x] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[x] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[x] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[x] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[x] Definitely!
[x] …when it's nice and peaceful
[x] Try to help him out regardless?
[x] Have good intentions and not get much done?
>> No. 12854
[x] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts

Reinforcement.

[x] You prefer them almost completely flat

Who likes lumpy pancakes?

[x] Everything has an explanation and must be rationalized

No stone unturned.

[x] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.

I hope.

[x] Not at all!

People die when they are killed!

[x] …when it's nice and peaceful

Feels good man.

[x] Try to help him out regardless?

You can rely on me!

[x] Have good intentions and not get much done?

The road to the patent office is paved with good inventions.
>> No. 12855
[X] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[X] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[X] Everything has an explanation and must be rationalized
[X] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[X] Not at all!
[X] …when it's nice and peaceful
[X] Try to help him out regardless?
[X] Hurt others, yet accomplish something?
>> No. 12856
[x] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[x] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[x] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[x] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[x] Definitely!
[x] …when it's nice and peaceful
[x] Try to help him out regardless?
[x] Have good intentions and not get much done?

Testan gaems.
>> No. 12859
1) You have a free weekend, which would you rather do?
[] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts

BEWARE THE WRATH OF THE DAYSTAR

2) (This question is completely and utterly illegible)
[] You prefer them almost completely flat

I don't know what this question is asking, but due to my Monk-like nature, I prefer flat things to bumpy things. I'll take my chances.

3) What do you think of the mysteries in life?
[] Everything has an explanation and must be rationalized

4) History repeats itself – true or false?
[] True – It's like an endless waltz.

5) An ideal can be worth (next couple words are garbled) for?
[X] Not at all!

Fighting for, I assume. Even if you fight for an ideal, it's best to stop at a certain point--

6) Life is best when...
[] …when it's nice and peaceful

7) A close friend has done an unimaginable deed, do you:
[] Try to help him out regardless?

8) It's more important to:
[] Have good intentions and not get much done?
>> No. 12862
[x] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts.

Wouldn't be Shirou with FSN.

[X] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to.

Tsurupettan DAME!!!!

[x] Everything has an explanation and must be rationalized.

...

[x] True – It's like an endless waltz.

GUNDAM. F YES.

[x] Definitely!

"What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?"

- Morpheus

[x] ...there's lots of action and excitement.

Because action leads to AWESOMESAUCE.


[x] Try to help him out regardless?

...

[x] Hurt others, yet accomplish something?

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do, that defines me."
>> No. 12863
[] Go hiking
[] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[] Definitely!
[] …when it's nice and peaceful
[] Try to help him out regardless?
[] Have good intentions and not get much done?
>> No. 12865
[x] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[x] You prefer them almost completely flat
[x] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[x] True – It's like an endless waltz.
[x] Definitely!
[x] …when it's nice and peaceful
[x] Try to help him out regardless?
[x] Have good intentions and not get much done?
>> No. 12867
[x] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[x] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[x] Everything has an explanation and must be rationalized
[x] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[x] Definitely!
[x] …when it's nice and peaceful
[x] Try to help him out regardless?
[x] Have good intentions and not get much done?

hmm
>> No. 12868
That's more than enough votes, I'll be writing now.
>> No. 12870
File 123061545171.jpg- (196.44KB , 480x640 , rsnp.jpg ) [iqdb]
12870
You select the following answers:

[x] Build a simple internal combustion engine from spare parts
[x] You prefer to have something soft to grab on to
[x] There are some things we can never know, and that makes life interesting
[x] False – It only repeats itself when we don't take the time to study the lessons it offers.
[x] Definitely!
[x] …when it's nice and peaceful
[x] Try to help him out regardless?
[x] Have good intentions and not get much done?

You hit the 'SUBMIT' button and wait while it processes. Words appear on the screen.

“ACTA NON FABULA – SENDING RESULTS TO CENTRAL DATABASE

PLEASE STAND BY...”

A progress bar slowly fills. You don't understand how it's sending any information. Must be the craptacular programming at work.

“RESULTS SENT! ANALYSIS COMPLETE!”

You a small arrow on the bottom of the screen. Instead of displaying the results, however, it closes the program. You're dumped into the main menu again.

That was a silly test. It didn't even give you a proper diagnosis. When you try to access it again, an error pops up on screen. An SD yak bows apologetically.

|-| APPLICATION IS CORRUPT – PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AGAIN |-|

Well, that's enough for today. You put down the PDA and roll on your futon. It's time for sleep.

The night seems to pass by in a flash. When you wake up, you first believe that you only closed your eyes for five minutes. The morning light tells you otherwise.

You get up. There's a soft knock on your door.

“Come in.” The door slides open. “Oh, it's you. Good morning Reisen.”
“Good morning, Shirou. Sorry if I woke you.” She politely bows.
“Don't worry, I was already up. So what brings you here?”
“Well, last night I realized something important. I was going to come here, but I thought it improper to disturb you late at night.”
“I was awake until pretty late, and plus, you don't need to worry about things like that.”
“In any case, I brought you a little something.” You notice that she's holding a big white pillow. “I can't believe it's taken me a week to remember that I forgot to give you a pillow! I'm sorry! I got you the biggest, fluffiest, and softest one we have.”
“Ahaha... thanks.” You can tell she really does care, she's red in the face and worked up. “How did you know that I liked them big and soft?”
“A gut feeling, that's all. Something told me that you'd prefer this to the flatter Japanese-style pillows.”
“Your instincts were right.” You take the pillow from her hands, it feels like a giant fluffy marshmallow.
“Breakfast is ready, so please come when you're ready. Lady Kaguya is waiting for you.”
“Oh, she's having breakfast at this hour? That's a little unusual for her.” Yeah, she's up at the oddest hours and seldom eats 'real' food. “Right, I'll just wash up and be there.”

Something catches your eye. Off into the corner, behind Reisen is someone else. Big floppy ears, pink dress, mischievous grin. Yeah, it's Tewi. She makes eye contact with you and signals with her index finger for you to be quiet. You play along and give a subtle nod. She then indicates with her fingers that she wants to see you in... five minutes... to the left... that's probably the courtyard. She doesn't wait for a reply and skitters off.

“Shirou, is something the matter?” Reisen's voice reminds you that she's standing right in front of you.
“Ah, no sorry, I was just thinking about something. Got a little bit lost in thought.”
“Oh, okay. Well then, if you'll excuse me.”

Reisen leaves. You put the pillow down and then get changed. You head to the bathroom and wash your face. Going to the dining room, you recall Tewi. You're not sure if you want to meet her. You half-expect her to just jump you and take your beautiful belt by force. Definitely wouldn't put it past her.

[] Join Kaguya for breakfast
[] See what Tewi wants with you
>> No. 12871
[] Join Kaguya for breakfast
>> No. 12872
File 123061677265.jpg- (73.05KB , 600x600 , 05e04353771da6d59c78e00116ef6652.jpg ) [iqdb]
12872
[X] Join Kaguya for breakfast

Damn, I missed a vote. Oh well, all is well.
I love big, soft, supple...pillows.
>> No. 12874
File 123061687080.jpg- (81.97KB , 600x466 , a45bd7d793f9a20082bc09d651c2781f.jpg ) [iqdb]
12874
[!/] Join Kaguya for breakfast

She asked first...so yea!
>> No. 12875
File 123061700280.jpg- (60.83KB , 542x528 , 1230408189898.jpg ) [iqdb]
12875
>>12872
>> No. 12876
>“I can't believe it's taken me a week to remember that I forgot to give you a pillow! I'm sorry! I got you the biggest, fluffiest, and softest one we have.”
“Ahaha... thanks.” You can tell she really does care, she's red in the face and worked up. “How did you know that I liked them big and soft?”

[x] Join Kaguya for breakfast
>> No. 12877
[x] Join Kaguya for breakfast
>> No. 12878
[X] See what Tewi wants with you

Guys! We can have breakfast with Kaguya any time, but seeing what Tewi wants could lead to anything! It could even lead to breakfast with Kaguya!
>> No. 12879
>>Guys! We can have breakfast with Kaguya any time, but seeing what Tewi wants could lead to anything! It could even lead to breakfast with Kaguya!

Or it could lead to her stealing our totally sweet belt. Fuck that. I like that belt. It might not give you all the powers of 70's supergroup, Foreigner, but it's still special in its own little way.
>> No. 12883
File 12306523302.jpg- (122.40KB , 450x590 , 1225910037384.jpg ) [iqdb]
12883
[x] Join Kaguya for breakfast

Tewi can handle being stood up. She didn't even have the common courtesy to wait for a reply, so really, it's her misunderstanding if she waits for you.

You open the door to the dining room. Kaguya sits at the table, looking a bit impatient.

“Yo!” You casually greet her, making your way to your seat. “It's rare to see you up at this hour.”
“Rare? My, my, aren't you being presumptuous?” She replies with a smirk, “You've only been here for a week and you're making generalizations about my personality?”
“Well, given that probably we've spent hundreds of hours talking already via the net, I think that somehow qualifies me for expedited judgments.”
“The same could be said about the reverse. I think I have you pegged down pretty well.”
“I'm glad, then we won't have any misunderstandings.” You pick up your chopsticks. “Shall we?”
“Sure, I was waiting for you anyways.”

With a satisfied smile on your face, you dig in. The food is simple enough for a standard breakfast, but it's definitely outstanding in taste. You've been eating most of these mornings alone, with only occasionally being joined by others. Around here, there's a pretty prevalent 'do as you please' attitude. It seems to permeate to everything and everyone. It's a bit unexpected, but being laid back has its advantages. It's how you've operated thus far in life anyways.

Still, there's something that bothers you about this. You decide to ask Kaguya about it.

“Say,” You speak in between mouthfuls, “breakfast, no the food in general, is prepared by Reisen right?”
“That's right.” Unlike you, Kaguya puts down her chopsticks to speak. “I believe most of the meals are prepared by her. But, is anything the matter? Perhaps it's not to your taste? You haven't really told me about what kinds of food you prefer, you know...”
“Ah, it's nothing like that. The food is great. I was just wondering why she doesn't ever join us for meals. I mean, I ate with her once, but that was because Tewi practically forced her to sit down.”
“Beats me. When Eirin and I sit down to eat, she's normally present. It's usually the three of us at the very least. It's certainly strange; it's as if she's avoiding you.”
“Why would that be?”
“Shirou,” Kaguya frowns a bit, you can tell what she's going to ask before she asks it, “you didn't do anything to her did you?”
“Not that I can remember.”
“Really? You didn't make an inappropriate remark, or follow her around, or touch something you shouldn't have, did you?”
“Hey, just what exactly do you take me for?”
“Someone I know all too well.”
“Well, I walked right into that one.” You shake your head. “But seriously, I really didn't do anything.”
“If you say so...” She teases you a bit, “Maybe she just doesn't like you? Natural antipathy because she feels that she knows what kind of person you are inside.”
“I don't think that's the case.” You ignore her bait. “She's been nice and kind to me all of the time. Just this morning she took the time to make me comfortable.”
“Make you... comfortable?” Her eyes narrow and her face looks puzzled as she tries to figure out what you mean. You can see that she's trying to picture some sort of scenario in her head.
“Kaguya. Food. Cold.” You snap her out of it.
“Right, right.” She focuses on her food. “I'm just about done anyways.”

You finish up breakfast. Kaguya wraps up the previous conversation with a follow-up.

“Why don't you just ask her?” She offers some advice.
“Ask who what?”
“Who were we just talking about?”
“Reisen?”
“That's right. Just ask her about why she doesn't eat with you around. She's in the kitchen you know, I'll go fetch her.”
“That won't be necessary-” You try to object but it's too late.

Kaguya has gotten up in one swift motion and is at the door connecting the kitchen to the dining room. She gives you a wink before disappearing inside. You sigh. Moments later you see Reisen come out, with an apron on and a whisk in hand. Kaguya drives her forward with a series of nudges and hand waves.

“So Shirou here tells me that you've been avoiding him during meals. Is this true?” Kaguya gets straight to the point, giving no room for finesse.

Damn her. You can tell from the slight smirk that she likes putting the two of you on the spot.

“That's, umm... well...” Reisen doesn't seem to know what to say, obviously confused with being suddenly dragged out of the kitchen and interrogated. She looks as scared and unsure as, well, a frightened bunny.
“That's not what I said.” You get up. You try to do damage control, “What the princess here is try to,oh so gracefully, say is that I've noticed that you haven't really sat down to eat with me out of your free will. I was just intrigued at why this was so. Nothing more. There's certainly no need for you to be worried.”
“Right, right.” Kaguya doesn't let up, “So just why have you been avoiding him? Did he do something inappropriate to you? I'll bet it was that.”

You glare daggers at her. She just raises her eyebrows. In the middle of this Reisen speaks up.

“It certainly wasn't anything like that!” She says affirmatively. “The truth is that I was trying to not to disturb you, Shirou.”
“Disturb me, how? Like I told you earlier, you shouldn't worry about disturbing me.”
“Well,” She reddens a bit, “I thought that maybe since I was a bit boring I would inconvenience you. After all, you're a guest of Lady Kaguya, and as such you've got better things to do than to sit down and talk with me.”
“...”

You look at Kaguya. She seems to be amused by this. She give you a look that seems to ask “Oho, how are you going to deal with this – I'm curious to see what you'll do.”. Reisen has her eyes closed, trying to completely avoid looking at you.

“Reisen...” You mutter.
“...Yes?”

You'd normally just dispel this by telling her that what she's saying is silly, but the possibility for some fun is too great. You think that you can get to either Kaguya or the blushing rabbit girl.

[] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.
[] Tell her that from now on you'll only eat with Kaguya. At regular hours, of course. You'll wake Kaguya up yourself if you have to.
[] Just clear up the misunderstanding and carry on.
---
>>12879
It's very scary just how alike our ways of thinking can be at times.
>> No. 12884
[] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.

Hooray!
>> No. 12885
[x] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.
>> No. 12887
[] Tell her that from now on you'll only eat Kaguya. At regular hours, of course. You'll carve Kaguya up yourself if you have to.

Breakfast of champions!
>> No. 12888
[] Tell her that from now on you'll only eat with Kaguya. At regular hours, of course. You'll wake Kaguya up yourself if you have to.

Yep, you have improved Teruyo.
>> No. 12889
[x] Tell her that from now on you'll only eat with Kaguya. At regular hours, of course. You'll wake Kaguya up yourself if you have to.
>> No. 12890
[] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.

To counter the sudden wave of Kaguya.

Also, needs more Eirin.
>> No. 12891
[X] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.

Such thoughts of hers are unacceptable! Unacceptable! From this day forward the moon bunny shall dine with us, even if we have to forcibly carry her to the table, plop her down upon our lap, and feed her ourselves!

>>It's very scary just how alike our ways of thinking can be at times.

Shhh, or else I might start believing I'm really you, too.
>> No. 12892
[X] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.
>> No. 12893
File 123066857846.jpg- (491.24KB , 1009x827 , 4e296816822b7c4f0bfa7c4b04c6bf5f.jpg ) [iqdb]
12893
>Moments later you see Reisen come out, with an apron on and a whisk in hand.

Yummy.

[!/] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.
>> No. 12894
>>12893

Oh God somebody save the cake!
>> No. 12895
[X] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.

Do we even know who we're targeting this playthrough?
>> No. 12896
[X] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.

She's holding a whisk. I fucking love whisks.
>> No. 12897
[] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.
>> No. 12899
>>12895

SOMEONE in Eientei. Keine and Mokou can wait.
>> No. 12900
>>12899
2nd!

Although Aya is still "no strings" in my mind....
>> No. 12901
File 123067292895.jpg- (102.32KB , 500x703 , 1207528775790.jpg ) [iqdb]
12901
>>12900

Course, cuz hit it and quit it sluts are just that.
>> No. 12902
While I was prepared to go for the delicious NEET/Mokou route this time around before the previous run had even ended, this reintroduction to the moon bunny has made me reconsider that stance, and I now await our re-meeting the other players in this story before I settle on a target.

I kinda feel sorry for Aya already. Barely back into the game, and already the most she could hope for is to be "the other woman" at best.
>> No. 12905
File 123067635024.jpg- (43.99KB , 470x330 , dog.jpg ) [iqdb]
12905
>>12901
>> No. 12906
File 123067680991.jpg- (44.72KB , 896x504 , 1226087130835.jpg ) [iqdb]
12906
>>12905
>> No. 12909
[x] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.

Also, loltargeting.
>> No. 12910
File 12306806025.jpg- (395.80KB , 1063x1518 , 1230679698383.jpg ) [iqdb]
12910
ANYTHING to sell and/or write her paper.
Only fags would deny this.
UPDATES WHERE AND WHEN
>> No. 12911
>>12910
UPDATES NOW(ish). I fell asleep because it took like two hours for the first votes. Cut me some slack, I suffer from unstable sleeping patterns. But yeah, writing now. Won't take that much time since it won't be that long an update I think.
>> No. 12912
[x] Insist that she join you for every meal now, as penance.

“This won't do at all!” You exclaim with an embellished sense of exasperation.
“..Eh?” Her confusion almost makes you smile, but you maintain your poker face.
“You do me great dishonor by not partaking in meals with me!” Eat your heart out drama club! You're a natural thespian. “I am the guest of the most illustrious Lady Kaguya, my dearest and eternal friend. And as such I ask, nay, demand to be treated rightfully.”

You're getting a bit carried away, but you're enjoying yourself. Reisen dumbly stares at the whisk in her hand while Kaguya visibly holds in her laughter. You continue.

“Henceforth, you shall accompany me for all my meals. If you miss but a single one, I shall take it as an insult to my character and standing, and will have to seek just retribution. Is that understood?”
“Ah, well...” She looks at Kaguya, unsure of what to do.
“I do believe he is entitled to demand as much.” Kaguya tells her with a straight face. “It's been a bit disgraceful – your conduct that is. To ask this much isn't that out of place. I'll allow it – nay,” She gets just as caught up as you, “I'll decree it.”

It takes a moment before Reisen reacts.

“Very well.” She bows to Kaguya and then your self. “I understand now that my actions were unacceptable and humbly submit to the request of our guest. From now on I will eat with Shirou at the times of his choosing.”
“Good, it's decided then!” You allow yourself a sly smile. It's just a joke, but the way she's acting completely submissive gives you ideas. “You'll eat with me and whomever else might be present. And from then on, we'll see how it goes... In the future, for my own personal use, I might have need for a handmai-”
“Ehem!” Kaguya clears her throat. “Now that we have all of that cleared up, you may return to your duties”
“Yes, of course!” The bunny, still acting stiff and proper, bows again to the both of you before retreating to the kitchen. You watch as she disappears, tightly clenching the whisk.

When she's gone, Kaguya moves next to you.

“Didn't really expect you to tease her like that.” She comments.
“It was too good of an opportunity to pass up.”
“Your acting was a little forced though. If it was anyone besides her they would have seen through the act.”
“Hey, I had fun. And I could see that you did too.”
“Yup! But you really shouldn't do that anymore. That girl with her sense of obligation is likely to take everything you say seriously. She can be a little too accommodating.”
“Don't worry about it. In fact, I plan to tell her next time we see each other that I was just joking.”
“Good. And another thing...”
“Yes?”
“Don't take things too far. Even in jest. You get carried away easily. I bet if I hadn't cut you off, you would have said something stupid. Behave yourself.”
Yes milady.” You bow like a retainer to his lord.
“Good. Glad we understand each other, oh humble vassal.” She fits into the role of commanding royalty a little too well. “Come with me for a bit, I wanted to talk to you.”

You follow her out of the dining room and into the courtyard. The zen garden is a nice relaxing backdrop.

“So, what's up?” You ask her.
“Well, there's a more subtle reason why I got up for breakfast this morning. It's about today.”
“What about today?”
“I was talking with Eirin last night. She plans to ask a favor of you later.”
“A favor? What kind of favor? And, really, from me?”
“That doesn't really matter. The point is that she'll selfishly monopolize you for the whole day likely. And I would like to spend the day continuing our match from the other day. Surely you think things ended in an inadequate manner?”
“They certainly did. Just a little more and I would have beaten you.”
“Fufufu... so confident in your deficient abilities, are you? Your shattered pride and womanly tears will be more than enough prize for me when I annihilate you.”
“You talk big, but we shall see.” You let her goad you.
“So it's settled then? Rematch? I'll go prepare everything if that's the case.”

She begins to turn to leave.

“Hmm...”
“Is anything wrong?” She stops in her tracks.

[] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
[] “Actually, I think that I'll pass on playing right now. Maybe some other time.”
>> No. 12913
[x] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
>> No. 12914
[] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
>> No. 12915
File 12306842381.jpg- (199.88KB , 664x506 , 118146903048619.jpg ) [iqdb]
12915
>>12910
Yes, Aya is truly a highly motivated and driven professional. That she has such a passion for her work and derives genuine enjoyment from what she does is something we should all aspire to have from our jobs.
>> No. 12916
File 123068442086.gif- (139.50KB , 800x600 , 1205881611420.gif ) [iqdb]
12916
>You watch as she disappears, tightly clenching the whisk.

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

[!/] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
>> No. 12917
>>“Fufufu... so confident in your deficient abilities, are you? Your shattered pride and womanly tears will be more than enough prize for me when I annihilate you.”

Oooh, it is ON.

[X] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
>> No. 12918
File 123068456319.jpg- (29.45KB , 277x328 , 1230400703269.jpg ) [iqdb]
12918
>>12915
>> No. 12921
[x] “No, nothing is wrong. I just got momentarily side tracked when I thought of all the strategies I'll use to pwn you. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
>> No. 12922
[x] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
>> No. 12924
File 123070041032.jpg- (183.87KB , 525x514 , 3xia.jpg ) [iqdb]
12924
[x] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”

“No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away. I'm going to make a quick pit stop.”
“Well, alright then. I'll be waiting. Hurry up.” She disappears into the corridor, into the direction of her room.

You'll go to the bathroom and to your room quickly before going to play with Kaguya. This will be intense, so any chance to gather your mental fortitude should be welcomed.

Everything is peachy in the bathroom, but when you get to your own room you stop and rub your eyes. In almost every square centimeter of the room there's a rabbit. Some playing, some standing still, others stacking into a pyramid, and a lot of them tracking mud.

“What in the name of …?”

You can't even finish the sentence. It's a veritable fluffy stampede. The rabbits storm out, caring little for your wellbeing. You're knocked over by the tidal wave of fur, and small muddy feet make your clothes look like filthy rags.

You get up after the last set of feet dash past. You are about to sigh when you hear a grating and obnoxious laughter echo. It's clear that this was a set-up. You won't give her the satisfaction of looking annoyed or defeated. That's a definitive. Without looking back, you go into the room and get changed. You toss aside your dirty clothes and close the door. Sure it's a mess, but there's nothing you can do about it now. It'll have to wait until you're sure you're alone.

You make it to Kaguya's room without further incident. Dozens of game cases litter the floor and hamper free movement. Kaguya sits by the TV, controller in hand, booting up the game console.

“I'm here. Everything ready?”
“Took you long enough.” She hands you a gamepad. “Here, now sit and play. We settle this today.”
“What are we going to play?”
“Destiny/Infinite Codes. You're familiar with it, right?”
“Familiar enough. I'll do well at anything you throw at me. Prepare to be taken down.”
“Big talk. But we'll see how it goes.” She goes into the character select screen. “Two out of Three matches determine the winner, plus a warm-up match so you can get used to the character. Sound fair?”
“Perfectly fair. Let's get it on.”

Kaguya picks the golden-armored character who is obviously compensating for something with all that bling and you choose the humble, but determined-looking amateur magician. The warm up match is just 90 seconds or so of moving around and trying out different moves. You get the hang of it in no time. You're sure you'll beat Kaguya. You turn to smile at her, and she smiles back. It's go time.

The first match is a pretty one-sided affair. You're cautious at first, but you manage to dominate pretty easily through the two rounds. You keep thinking that Kaguya is going to pull some crazy combo out of nowhere, but you manage to defeat her without much incident. It's almost disheartening.

“Is that all that you've got? With all of that tough talk I thought you were going to put up more of a fight. Don't tell me this is some absurd strategy to lull me into a false sense of security or something.”
“It's a stratagem alright.” Kaguya concedes with a smile, “But not to lull you into a sense of security, but rather to see what you're capable of. Now that I know how you play, I'm going to pummel you into oblivion.”
“Oh? Interesting. Bring it on.”

The second match starts. You confidently attack her. Once you land the first couple of blows, it's all a matter of careful maneuvering.

Except you can't seem to land any blows on her. She blocks, shields, and counters with a terrifying intensity. You don't even have time to act surprised. In a quick reversal she takes the offensive and pulls off an ungodly combo. You can't believe she manages a perfect against you.

You stare at her with disbelief, but she has her eyes focused squarely on the screen.

“Round two, fight!” The announcer exclaims.

You barely are able to react to her relentless flurry of attacks. You score a hit or two, but this round goes down the same as the previous one. A multitude of swords annihilate your chained character. You are crushed without much of a struggle.

Damn it! Kaguya smiles at you and says something that you don't hear. All of your thoughts are focused on how to deal with this. She seems to wait for a bit before starting the third round. How the hell could she be this good? You can't really read her movements, and she seems to be able to read all of yours. At this rate you're really going to lose. You start to sweat as you think about how to defeat her. You're sure you can beat her... there's no way you're going to be outclassed by her! Your pride as a gamer hangs at stake here.

The first round of the third match starts. You try to concentrate, and you're able to get some blows in. That's right, if you play it smart, you can do it. You just need to concentrate. She isn't as tough as she seems. You just need to avoid the huge damaging hits and only soak up the light attacks. You hear her taunt you. The two characters are at opposite ends of the screen and their damage is pretty similar.

[] Just concentrate and do your best!
[] Try to distract her by making yourself cry
[] Throw in the game
---
Silly anon, throwing off my efforts to update frequently and in full force by voting at very varied time intervals.
>> No. 12925
[] Just concentrate and do your best!
>> No. 12926
>[] Throw in the game
That's supposed to read 'throw the game', as in lose on purpose. Sorry, but I'm a bit inebriated and didn't bother to check the text.
>> No. 12927
[x] “No, nothing is wrong. Run along and I'll follow right away.”
>> No. 12929
[X] Just concentrate and do your best!
>> No. 12930
[X] Tap into your manly spirit and let your hot-blooded soul drive you! Even if defeat is inevitable, you won't make it easy for her!

Or, you know...
[] Just concentrate and do your best!
>> No. 12931
>>12927

Well, that make me quite the slowpoke, no?

[X] Just concentrate and do your best!
>> No. 12932
[x] Just concentrate and do your best!
I want to see what the cry option rakes us but Tewi is probably watching.
>> No. 12934
[x] Start button mashing.

Not only will it throw her game completely off, it will make her furious if you win, likely resulting in her upping the ante.
>> No. 12937
File 123070380475.jpg- (7.42KB , 311x188 , Konami-code.jpg ) [iqdb]
12937
[X] Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start
>> No. 12939
[x] Switch your character to the cynical, jaded man clothed in red and black.
>> No. 12940
>>12934
But at what cost, Anon? AT WHAT COST?
To resort to such a tactic would mean to throw away our pride and honor as both a gamer and as a man, to lower us to a level not even befitting to be called human.
>> No. 12942
>>12940
>pride and honor as both a gamer and as a man

ahahahaha
>> No. 12943
File 123070655969.jpg- (90.03KB , 396x666 , 1212952558088.jpg ) [iqdb]
12943
>>12924

Where is Reisen to break up these rabbits of the earth?

[!/] Just concentrate and do your best!
>> No. 12944
[x] Just concentrate and do your best!
>> No. 12945
File 123070966359.jpg- (79.79KB , 600x600 , gamet.jpg ) [iqdb]
12945
[x] Just concentrate and do your best!

Thinking positively, you take the offensive. Once you get over the shock of being so readily defeated, you manage to deal some substantial punishment. By only a sliver of health, you win the first round.

“Not bad. But no way you're going to win. I can already taste your bitter tears of defeat.” She taunts you. You won't let her trash-talk get to you.
“Less talking, more action.”

The second round is also a highly contested affair. Just when you think you see a pattern in her moves, she changes her game completely. Low attack, special move, feint, it's her gameplan isn't very clear. You manage to damage her, but ultimately, she is the victor. It's not by much, but you still lose the second round.

“One more round, still think you can beat me?”
“Definitely.” You try to keep focused. You won't lose your cool.

You go all-out. Pulling all the stops and using every trick you know, you fight the bitterly contested fight. You have the advantage, until she uses a move that levels the playing field. With a quarter of a bar left each, whoever gets the next few blows is sure to be the winner. You can't let up now. You take a deep breath and prepare for your final play. You jump. Oh crap, your mistake becomes evident the moment you make it. She can easily counter and kill you with minimal effort like this. You almost accept defeat.

Almost. You input your commands at the right time regardless of what she does. You stare with disbelief at the screen.

“PLAYER 2 WINNER” The announcer states.

Hey, player 2!? That's you! You let out an astonished gasp as you let your victory sit in. There's no way you could have won, but yet you did. You turn to look at Kaguya.

“Congratulations.” She says with a small voice and a smile on her face.
“I guess I'm the better player!” You laugh a boastful laugh.

You celebrate by doing a merry little jig on the spot, not caring how foolish you look. Kaguya just takes all of your celebrating and taunting with that same minute tone of voice and even smaller smile. She lets you celebrate in full. After you parade long enough, she makes a suggestion.

“Let's play something else now.”
“Huh, no rematch?” You totally would have asked for a rematch in her place.
“Not today at least, I'll give you your moment of triumph.” She cycles the power on the console and goes through a pile of games. “How about something a bit less competitive? I've got plenty of co-op fun here.”
“Fine.” Her nonchalant attitude is like rain on your parade. A bit off-putting. But it's alright. Games are supposed to be fun, right? “You pick and I'll play.”

And just like that, the competitive nature of your session faded away. Instead you worked together for a common goal.

Time flies when you're having fun. When Kaguya asks you to fetch a snack from the kitchen, it's already late afternoon. You can hardly believe that the day is almost over. You get up begrudgingly, you're almost at the last boss, you don't want to take a break. But the rumbling in your stomach has been getting louder and louder for the last couple of hours.

You drag your feet all the way to the kitchen. You curse the fact that she ran out of snacks today. Just when you're having fun.

You're about to grab the first thing you find when you notice that there are several pots and pans on the stove. You peek at the contents and see that it's a full meal, fully varied and tasty-looking.

“Hungry?” A voice asks from behind.
“Yes, really hungry.” You turn around to see Reisen standing at the doorway.
“Then perhaps I should heat the food up and serve it?”
“As tempting as that sounds, I'm in the middle of something with Kaguya. I'm just here to get snacks.”
“Oh, I see.” Her ears seem to droop a little. “Then just let me know when it is you wish to eat and I'll join you. I'll be ready whenever you want.”
“Okay, fine. I'll do that.”

You grab a bag full of junk food. It's only that when you're about to leave that you realize something important.

“Say... could it be that-” You ask Reisen an important question, “that you haven't eaten all day?”

She gives you a small nod.

“But why?” You ask despite already knowing the answer in your mind.
“Because I was told by both you and Lady Kaguya to join you for meals. It would be rude of me to eat by myself and not eat with you.”

Oh my. It's as you feared. You have to clear this up now.

“You do know that I was only joking, right?”
“A joke?”
“Yes. I was honestly wondering why you seemed to be avoiding eating with me. Nothing more. It got out of hand because Kaguya was there. But I certainly didn't mean that you shouldn't eat whenever you're hungry. You don't have to eat only with me. And you don't certainly have to join me if you don't want to.”
“Ah... then I guess... it was my misunderstanding.” She seems to make herself smaller. She lets out a nervous laugh. “I guess I must seem like a fool for not getting a joke like that. It does seem a bit silly now, doesn't it? Ehehe~”

Despite her best efforts, she can't hide her anxiety.

“I'm sorry.” You try to console her. “I didn't mean to be a jerk. You only followed instructions because you're really considerate with me. It makes me feel guilty.”
“Don't feel guilty! I'll forget all about it, if you'll forget all about it.”

You stare at her earnest eyes.

“That sounds like a deal.” You give a satisfied nod.
“Umm... just one more thing...”
“Go ahead, I'm listening.”
“Eh, umm, if you aren't too busy, would you mind eating with me? I'm not sure that the food will be to your taste, but I tried my best to make it pleasing.”

You'd love to. But then you think about Kaguya. She's waiting for you. And knowing her, she won't want to stop for proper food. She'll want to keep going until the small hours of the morning. You could always just invite her and if she doesn't want to come along, too bad. You are hungry, and it's very hard to turn down Reisen's honest invitation.

[] Decline her offer and go back to Kaguya
[] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you

----
There is technically the option of going for "Accept her offer" without inviting Kaguya, but then, what kind of friend would you be?

Also don't hate me if I made too many mistakes here, I tried my best despite the circumstances.
>> No. 12946
File 12307100543.jpg- (311.24KB , 500x706 , 1e84296b81200c4b9cb3ea557adf7a0f.jpg ) [iqdb]
12946
[!/] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you.
[!/] Offer Reisen a spot beside you.

"Hm, oh hey. Your moon bunny is hungry. Let's feed her. If you know what I mean."
>> No. 12947
[] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you
>> No. 12949
[X] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you

The poor moon bunny went without a meal all day on account of our joke, the very least we can do is honor her request and dine with her.
>> No. 12950
[x] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you.
>> No. 12951
[] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you

THIS BUNNY. IT WAS MADE FOR ME!

DRRDRRDRR
>> No. 12952
[X] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you
>> No. 12953
[X] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya and see if she wants to join you

lol harem route?
>> No. 12954
>>12953
Forgot: A happy new Year Teruyo, hope you get to enjoy yourself.
>> No. 12955
File 123073783465.jpg- (182.79KB , 725x1024 , rusg.jpg ) [iqdb]
12955
[x] Accept her offer – invite Kaguya if you can

“I'll take you up on your offer.” You smile and nod. “I'll have to tell Kaguya though, and I'll ask if she want to join us. I'll be here right away.”
“That's fine. I have to heat this up and set the table anyways. Please take your time.”

Grabbing the snacks just in case, you leave Reisen behind and return to Kaguya's room. There you see a very bored-looking Kaguya laying down with a gamepad on her belly.

“What took you so long?” She asks dully.
“Ran into Reisen in the kitchen. She took that whole 'eating only when I eat' bit seriously, so I was clearing it up. One thing led to another, and now I'm going to eat dinner with her. Wanna join us?”
“What about our game? We were so close to defeating Sigismund.”
“We can play later, it's not like it's going to run away or something.”

Kaguya lifts herself up. She's got a sour look about.

“You know what? Forget it. Go eat your meal with whoever you want for as long as you want. I'll be fine by myself.”
“Oh, come on. Don't be like that. Even if you don't want to eat I'll be right back in a jiffy.” You try to placate her.
“No, I'm not going to be in the mood then. I'm not even in the mood anymore right now.”
“Fine – suit yourself. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like I'm saying that I don't want to spend more time with you. I'm just hungry. Geez.” You leave the snacks you brought on a nearby table.

Kaguya seems to try to say something but then clams up. In face of her silence, you just leave. What's her problem anyways? It's not like you're ditching her, or anything like that. She's never acted so childishly in the past. You sigh as you walk back to the kitchen.

There, things are in full swing. The stove is on and the various pots are being warmed up. Reisen asks you to be patient for a little bit longer. You offer to help her out to pass the time. You end up setting the table up while she finishes heating everything up. She brings the food to the dining room and the two of you sit.

You stare at each other silently for a bit. A low rumbling interrupts the moment. Reisen blushes heavily.

“Well, I take it that that's a good a signal as any to start eating.” You joke.
“Please eat as much as you like.”

The food, as usual, is great. You eat heartily and only stop for breaths of air. You catch Reisen looking at you from the corner of her eye, but she also mostly focuses on eating. It's a quiet affair, but all the same pleasurable. Towards the end, in an attempt to make conversation, you start talking.

“The food was really good. Are the only one that cooks around here?”
“For the most part. All of the regular meals are usually made by me.”
“That must be a lot of work.”
“Ah, not really. Not everyone here eats regular fixed meals. So I don't have to be cooking all the time.”
“So I guess I'm breaking the flow a bit? I'm sorry.”
“Don't be! I enjoy cooking. Especially when people enjoy my food.”
“Well, I certainly do.” You pat your slightly bulging stomach. “It's too good not to pig out on.”
“I'm glad to hear that then. It's good to be appreciated, to be honest.” A bright and cheery smile dominates her expression. It seems to radiate warmth.

The conversation then turns a little bit more towards her everyday schedule. When she's not helping out Eirin with an errand or some sort of task, she's usually doing housework. She does almost everything by herself. When you tell her that that must be a lot of work, she claims that the rabbits help her out. Something which you can't very well imagine as being true. In the spirit of compassion, you help her clean up.

“You really don't have to do this, you know.”
“I insist.” You roll up your sleeves. “Washing the dishes is the least I could do as thanks for the meal.”
“Don't be silly, there's no need to thank me for anything.”
“I don't need to, but I want to. Just let me help.”

She reluctantly lets you share the burden of work. With a merry song here, and small talk there, it's done in no time. You don't get to spend any more time with her, though. She excuses herself, claiming that she has to help Eirin out before it gets too late at night. Not really being able to work an angle there, you say goodbye. Of course, you make sure to add an important detail before parting.

“If you don't mind, please join me for meals if you can. I had fun. That is, of course, if you enjoy my company.”

She nods her head.

“I will! That is if you don't mind.”
“Anytime you feel like it, I'll appreciate it.”

She goes off in your own direction and you go off into yours. There's something pending that you should resolve.

You stop by Kaguya's room with a couple of beers. An offering and the promise of fun is all you need to clear up any ambiguous feelings that may have popped up.

Alas, it doesn't seem like it's meant to be. The lights are out in her room and you can't hear any noises through the screen door. Not wanting to disturb her peace and quiet, you just silently leave. You'll just have to see her some other time.

You stop by and drop off the beers before going back to your own room. You sigh as you see that it's still a mess. Small muddy paw prints dot the whole room. There's no getting around this. You go fetch cleaning supplies and get on your hands and knees. Scrubbing isn't glamorous, but you can hardly ask someone else to do this for you. You curse that damn black-haired rabbit and hope she gets what's coming to her.

It's pretty late when you're finally done cleaning everything. There's only one more thing to do before turning in. You draw a bath and soak in the hot water for a while. You reflect on the day. This day certainly had its ups and downs. It wasn't terribly exciting, but at the same time it was entertaining for plenty of other reasons. You think, however, that you're going to have to do something in the future so as to prevent yourself from spending hours scrubbing the tatami and cleaning the walls. A preemptive strike might be just the ticket. But it'd have to be carefully executed. Lest you end up waist-deep in rabbit again.

Rinsing off, you then dry yourself and slip into your comfortable sleeping clothes. Your joints ache and that induces your body to seek rest. There's no two ways about it, you fall asleep as soon as your hear hits the extremely fluffy pillow.

You oversleep. By the time you get up, you figure it's not worth eating breakfast. You'll just wait until lunch for sustenance. Wandering about a bit, you see that there's nothing interesting going on. You swing by Kaguya's to check if she's up. The door is open, but when you look inside you see that she's not there. And with Reisen going about her daily tasks, you have no idea where she currently is. Nor you're sure that you would want to get in her way.

[] Plot an elaborate prank to pull on Tewi
[] Drop in to see Eirin
[] Take some time to wander around the village
----
>>12954
>>12953
HAHAHAHAHA oh man, Anon coordinated enough (let alone wise enough!) to score the harem routes!? Now there's something I don't see happening unless I lower the bar to "you talk to her and she wants you".

In any case, last update of the year. 11:36 PM here. Thanks, and Happy New Year anon!

I'll update sometime later, possibly even before I go to bed if there are enough votes (and I haven't died from too much champagne).
>> No. 12956
[x] Drop in to see Eirin.

Eirin~
>> No. 12957
[X] Plot an elaborate prank to pull on Tewi
>> No. 12958
[] Drop in to see Eirin
>> No. 12959
{X} Drop in to see Eirin
>> No. 12960
[] Drop in to see Eirin
>> No. 12961
[x] Drop in to see Eirin
>> No. 12962
Well, that didn't go off too well ...

[x] Drop in to see Eirin.
>> No. 12964
[] Drop in to see Eirin
>> No. 12965
[X] Drop in to see Eirin.
>> No. 12966
[] Plot an elaborate prank to pull on Tewi

Someone had to.
>> No. 12968
[] Plot an elaborate prank to pull on Tewi
>> No. 12972
File 123076336626.jpg- (220.36KB , 600x600 , 290cfb545297c7efc3269c6c374bdacd.jpg ) [iqdb]
12972
HELLO NURSE.
>> No. 12975
[] Plot an elaborate prank to pull on Tewi

Belt her.
>> No. 12976
>>12975
That sounds more hot than it should be. And tempting to write about. But, it's not to be. Writing now that I'm awake again.
>> No. 12977
>>12976
Eh? What's so erotic about getting someone a belt?
>> No. 12979
File 123077316317.jpg- (59.27KB , 500x500 , shirou_e.jpg ) [iqdb]
12979
>>12977
>>12975
>>12976
>> No. 12980
File 123077511328.jpg- (110.05KB , 480x480 , classy.jpg ) [iqdb]
12980
[x] Drop in to see Eirin

The clinic is one of the key features of Eientei. It occupies a sizeable area of the building, yet strangely enough, it's hidden away from plain sight. To get there, one has to either navigate the identical-looking corridors from the main entrance, or look for the side-entrance somewhere along the exterior. From what you've seen, there aren't any regular patients, but from what little you've talked to the villagers, it's an important enough component of their lives. Severe injuries and advances illnesses, beyond the scope of folk medicine, are usually delegated to the expert care provided by Eirin. As a minor note, it's worth stating that in order to navigate the bamboo maze, the villagers rely on that fiery girl. Apparently she sees the task as a sort of community service and asks for nothing in return.

You, already being familiar with the general layout of this place, can find your way to the clinic just fine by navigating the long corridors. You first met Eirin by the large (and always empty) waiting area just outside of her office. There are several rows of seats here, enough for a normal hospital's waiting room. Two doors lead further inside to the clinic. One to a hallway which in turn leads to more corridors and rooms (and the 'patient rooms' with beds – on which you slept just a couple days ago) and the other is the aforementioned bypass to Eirin's office.

Since there's no receptionist or intercom, you just knock on the office door. Almost instantly you hear Eirin tell you to come in. She's leaning on her desk, facing a seat opposite her. Her usual blue-and-red dress is mostly covered by an open white lab coat.

“Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were with a patient.” You can't see the person sitting in the chair from here, there's a divider that blocks your view.
“I'm not with a patient. Come on over here.” She motions you closer with a slight motion of her fingers.

You close the door behind you and come closer.

“Oh, it's just you.” You see who's sitting in the chair.
“'Just' me? That's awfully rude of you.” Kaguya pouts.
“Now, now Princess, I'm sure that he didn't mean anything by that.” Eirin intervenes with a curled smile on her lips. “Sit, Shirou. I was just about to drink some tea, would you like some?”
“That would be fine, thanks.”

You sit in an empty chair at an obtuse angle from Kaguya. Eirin takes three plastic cups from her desk and pours the contents of a thermos into each one. She then hands one to yourself and to Kaguya before taking a sip from the last cup.

“Anyways... you have good timing.” Eirin offers a suggestive smile. “I was talking to Kaguya about a small problem that I have today. And how I might resolve it.”
“Is that so? What kind of problem might it be?”
“A supply problem. I need an extract from a certain root in order to synthesize a drug. And I happen to be all out.”
“And can't you just buy some more? Or even gather it?”
“Gathering it would take too much effort. I usually buy some from the market in the village.”
“What's keeping you from buying some more?”
“Inability to go fetch some. I'm all tied up with a little experiment I'm running over there.” She indicates a bubbling vial of red liquid off to the far side of the room. I'm afraid I can't leave it unattended nor interrupt the process. I would send Undonge, but she's currently running another errand for me and can't be at two places at once.”

You look at Kaguya.

“And, of course,” Eirin reads your thoughts, “It wouldn't do at all to burden the mistress of the house with something as base as going to a market to buy something.”
“This is where the good timing comes in, or am I mistaken?”
“You're quick to the uptake, my boy.” You can't tell if her expression is patronizing or simply a natural byproduct. “I'd ask you to do me the immense favor of purchasing the root for me and bringing it back here. It's very important.”
“Well-”
“You see,” She cuts you off with a bit of emotional blackmail, “it's this very type of drug that can save lives from the brink – much like your own life was rescued from the jaws of death nary a fews days ago in this very clinic.”
“...When you put it that way, how could I ever say no? I think I should volunteer for this task.” You feel like sighing, but it's true that you owe her.
“Excellent. I knew you'd be sensible enough to help me out.”

She gives you a small pouch with money and tells you the name of the root and where to get it. You think that you can manage without any help. It's just enough for a small jar, so it'll be anything but cumbersome.

You get up, and Eirin thanks you in advance. You think that you see Kaguya smirking a bit before you go, but when you say goodbye to the both of them, they act normal.

You catch an eavesdropper on your way out of the clinic. A pink blur disappears around the corner, prompting you to check your surroundings for traps. Just to be safe, you exit through the side door and get quickly as far away from Eientei as humanly possible.

The human village looks perpetually sleepy. Well, at least until you get to the market area. There, there's a mixture of stands and stores proper. Various products being sold and merchants hawking their wares. There's everything from produce to ale to wooden dolls. The shop that you're looking for is nestled away in an alley. It looks a bit shady, but everything is well presented and the store is impeccably neat. You ask the young woman sitting by the counter for assistance.

You tell her the name of the root you're looking for and she almost immediately produces it from a small drawer in a storage cabinet. You specify the quantity that you want and she separates the amount into a small jar. You pay the fee and the transaction is over. It went very smoothly overall. You pocket the jar and leave back into the market again.
>> No. 12981
Trouble is abound at the edge of the market. Three youths are beating up a single older boy – a stall keeper. Everyone can see them, but no one does anything. They all pretend that nothing is happening and go on peddling wares. Your sense of justice won't let this stand. You don't want to fight, but you want to at least break this up. You search for anything that can give you leverage.

Yeah, that'll do.

You pick a small rock lying next to a stall. This should be enough to get them to stop pummeling the poor defenseless merchant. You pull back your arm in preparation to throw the rock. Just when you're about to launch it though, someone steps in front of you and rushes over to the scene.

You think that she's severely outclassed.

“Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing?!” She yells at the assaulters.

You move in closer in order to step in. In case things get ugly.

“This deadbeat owes us protection money. Now move along Missy, this doesn't concern you.” One of the youths disparagingly replies.
“Actually I think it does concern me. He, nor any one else here, owes you any money for protecting shit.”
“Oh?” The youth taps the shoulders of the other two. “Boys, did you hear what this bitch said?”
“Sure did! I says we learn her a lesson good.” One of the lackeys clenches his fists.
“I dunno boss, she's pretty-looking. My 'ma always told me not to beat up girls.”
“Well, how about this then? We can have some fun with her as part of her lesson.” The boss licks his lips. “Hell, we could even keep her around as a pet if we wanted to.”

Those assholes! You're about to leap into action, but the girl's calmness keeps you from doing anything.

“You sure talk big for scum. How about you show me just what you're made of.”
“Alright then, just don't complain if you end up getting hu-”

Before the 'boss' can finish his sentence he's crumpled on the floor. You can't believe your eyes. You didn't even see the blow that did him in. The other two are shocked for a moment but gather their wits in a moment.

“Boss! Take this you bitch!”

The fight couldn't have lasted more than a minute. You see blows being thrown by the thugs, but you never see the attacks that do them in. Well, except for that suplex at the end. One of the thug's blows connect, but doesn't seem to slow her down at all. You drop the rock. You can't do anything besides look shocked at this scene.

“Hey, are you alright?” She walks over to the guy that was being beaten up. “It looks like they gave you a couple of bruises, but you'll be fine. My advice to you is to go home and get yourself cleaned up. Those guys won't give you any more trouble. When they wake up, they'll know better than coerce innocent merchants.”

The victim is speechless. He can only nod and mouth a few words.

“Don't sweat it, you don't owe me anything. Trash like that deserve to be taken out.”

With a final glance at the passed out thugs, she turns and starts to walk away. You regain your composure and look around. People are staring at the scene and the lone girl walking off to the distance. You stare at her back too.

It's then that you notice that there's something wrong with her walk. Staring at her red trousers, you see that her right leg is noticeably stiffer than her left – she's limping slightly. You start to walk towards her, trying to catch up when you remember your errand. She's off towards the outskirts of the village.

[] Catch up to Mokou and talk to her
[] Return to Eientei now

---
>>12977
Who said anything about it being erotic? Leather tends to make the wearer very warm, sometimes to the point of discomfort.
>> No. 12982
[X] Catch up to Mokou and talk to her
>> No. 12983
[] Return to Eientei now

Mokou is awesome, but we shouldn't get side tracked.
>> No. 12984
[] Catch up to Mokou and talk to her
>> No. 12985
File 123077672654.jpg- (118.09KB , 800x600 , 1205984224715.jpg ) [iqdb]
12985
[!/] Return to Eientei now.

>You pick a small rock lying next to a stall. This should be enough to get them to stop pummeling the poor defenseless merchant.
>small rock
THAT ROCK.THAT ROCK.THAT ROCK.THAT ROCK.
>> No. 12986
[X] Catch up to Mokou and talk to her

Keep to the errand to curry favor with Eirin and keep things good with Kaguya, or go for the injured friend and fellow believer in justice, but at the cost of probably irking Kaguya and getting a bit of a guilt trip from the good doctor.

This isn't going to get any easier, I can tell.
>> No. 12987
[x] Catch up to Mokou and talk to her.

ADD? Yes, but I cannot resist Mokou.
>> No. 12988
[] Return to Eientei now
>> No. 12991
[x] Catch up to Mokou and talk to her.

She's helped us before, we can spare some time for her.
>> No. 12993
File 123080645763.jpg- (283.70KB , 600x514 , 1225909797858.jpg ) [iqdb]
12993
[x] Catch up to Mokou and talk to her

You push on, gaining ground on the slow-moving Mokou. Well, it looked like she was moving slowly at least. When you overtake her, you're already by the outlying fields surrounding the village.

“Hey there.” You pull up alongside her.
“...”
“It's me, Shirou.”
“I know who you are.” She replies without so much shifting her look in your general direction.
“I was back there at the market.” You try connecting with her. “I was next to the thugs. I was about to about to do something about them myself when you showed up out of nowhere.”
“Is that so?” She says mechanically.
“You were really amazing, those guys never even stood a chance!”

She stays silent. You try to analyze her face for any traces of what she may be thinking. You're unable to figure her out even after what feels like an hour of staring. You get so into trying to see into her thoughts that you completely forget to be aware of your surroundings. You trip face first into the dirt. Mokou keeps on walking.

“Oh come on, at least wait for me to get up!” You push yourself up in a hurry. You dust yourself off and jog until you are once again at Mokou's side.
“...what is it that you want from me?”
“Just to talk, like normal people.”

She stops all of a sudden. She looks at you in the face for the first time, as if sizing you up. She sits down on the dirt path right then and there.

“Fine. Sit. Let's talk like 'normal people', lackey.”
“Okay.” You sit down as well. “Wait, 'lackey'?”
“You heard me. I consider you to be Kaguya's lackey.”
“Ouch. I've never been called someone else's lackey before. You seemed to be fine with me the other day in the cave. I mean, we even slept together.”
“...That's a really poor word choice, you know. And to answer you, well, I got to thinking after that ordeal. And this was the conclusion I reached.”
“That I'm a lackey?”
“Correct.”
“Oh, come on. Be fair. Keine is your friend, right? And she likes me. I mean, I don't know her that well, but we're on good terms I think.”
“Keine is Keine. I am myself.”

You sigh.

“That's sure a difficult position to take. Are you sure your really have a problem with me?”
“Pretty sure.”
“Are you sure it's not just your leg? Or being ticked off at those guys from earlier?”
“It might be.” She shows you a crooked grin.
“See? I knew it wasn't me. Hell, you're even loosening up a bit now.”
“I have to admit that I'm a bit amused by you.”
“Amusement is good.”
“Yes – it is. I bet if I interrogated you I'd get all sorts of juicy dirt on that annoying princess.”
“Ummm-”
“And that's not even considering that you could be a good way to get at her.”
“Excuse me-”
“You have to be somewhat special. I mean, there's no reason she would bring such a shabby-looking, downtrodden, annoying gnat like you if you made up for it in some sort of way.”
“Now that's just rude.” She's hurting your pure maidenly feelings~

It's so painful that you could just cry-

Wait.

No.

There's something wrong with thinking like that. You get pushed around all too often by that damn screwy rabbit, you're not going to let that happen here.

“Okay. You know what?” You speak up with some authority. “I'm not going to let you make fun of me like that. Now I don't know what the hell is up with you and Kaguya, but she's my friend. Don't badmouth her in front of me. And another thing, don't even try to mess with me.”
“Or what?” She asks coldly. “You'll flop around aimlessly?”
“And to think I was worried about you because I saw you limping!”
“I didn't ask you to worry.”
“And I wasn't expecting you to be a jerk!” You clench your fists.
“So what's it going to be? Going to try to hit me or something?”

She stares you down.

“You know, you can threaten me with those eyes of yours. And I certainly know what you're capable of too. But I won't let you crush my spirit so easily. I most likely won't beat you in a fight, but you'll never really beat me either. As long as I can get up at the end.”

She stares at you some more.

And then, something odd happens. She bursts out laughing. A hysterical fit no less! You feel that she's making fun of you again.

“Laughing at me won't help!”
“That's not it at all!” She tries to speak between roars of laughter. “Bwahaha! I... think... you're actually... kind of... fweheh... ballsy.”
“'Ballsy'?”

Mokou takes a deep breath to control herself.

“That's right.” She lets out a giggle. “It's not every moron who's thickheaded enough to stand up for himself. You are a rare breed. You should be proud.”
“Well, I don't like being called a moron, but I guess you're complimenting me.”
“Tell you what; I'll forget the fact that you're Kaguya's pet if you promise not to talk about her when I'm around. We'll get along just fine that way.”
“Fine deal.”

Mokou gets up.

“You know, that laughter helped my leg get better somehow, it doesn't hurt at all now.”
“Glad to be of assistance then.” You get up. “So I take it we're friends now?”
“Nope.” She says with a smile.
“Oh...”
“Hey, numskull, I'm just kidding.” She knocks on your head. “Is there anything in there?”
“Of course there is!”
“Right, right. No need to get so worked up. Say, you know what? I thought of something great just now.”
“Please let it be something besides charging at each other across an empty field headfirst like two bulls...”
“What the hell kind of idea is that!? No, no. This is something else.” She extends a generous invitation to you. “Meet me in the town square later today. Around evening. I'll take you eating to one of the finest establishments here in Gensokyo. My treat of course.”
“Hey, that doesn't sound too bad. But there's just one thing...”
“What?”
“Well, I don't know if I should just leave Eientei at evening to hang around.”
“Hey, no sweat. It's not like you're a kid or anything. You're a big boy, make big boy decisions. It's not every day you get to eat with such good company, is it?”

She's pretty damn insistent. You try not to make any commitments, but she puts you on the spot. She claims that she'll drag you out if necessary, so you better damn well be there at evening. You sigh. This friendship is quickly becoming a bit inconvenient.

With a merry hop and a cheerful goodbye, Mokou disappears off in the distance, leaving you reeling from the mental onslaught. You don't really understand how she went from annoyed to chummy so quickly.
>> No. 12994
Well, it doesn't matter now. You can think of how to get out of your compromise later. For now, you ought to finish you errand.

It takes you a bit longer to get to Eientei since you had to cross the village again, but you make it in one piece. You go straight to the clinic and check in on Eirin.

“You have the root?” Eirin asks from the comfort of her chair. She's reading over a chart.
“Yes, it's right here.”

You take the container out and hand it over. She looks over the contents for a moment before putting it away into a drawer.

“I trust everything is in order then?”
“It's fine.” She replies.
“Well then-”
“Hold on a moment. Could you stay here for a bit? I'd like to talk to you.”
“Go right ahead.”
“If possible, I'd like to recruit you for something?
“Recruit me?”
“Yes. You see, I'm a bit short of staff here. Well, that's not quite it. To be succinct, I believe that there's something that you can do for me that's vital for a project I have running.”
“Well, I'm flattered to hear that, but what could I possibly do to help you?”
“It's something I can't speak of freely.”
“Then why mention it at all?”
“Because, even though I can't say anything now, if you agree to help me, I can set things up. Not to mention that you won't be able to assist me off the bat. I'll have to train you.”
“Train me how?”
“Teach you things. Math, science, logic. Even a bit of language so you can understand what it's all about. I'm offering to teach you all of this in exchange for your cooperation.”

You think.

“Well, it's not that I'm against the idea in principle, but I don't see the advantage in it for me. What exactly will I get in return.”
“How very shrewd. That's definitely a good thing.” She crosses her legs. “Let's see... helping me wouldn't confer just one single perk. You'd get a large reward distributed in many different ways. If knowledge isn't your main incentive, then there's certainly a large range of material benefits I can give you.” Her eyes gleam suggestively. “You could be in control of a lot of interesting and fun elements. Some of them involving not only myself, but perhaps my other assistant.”
“So in other words-?”
“There is no 'in other words'. I'd like you to think this over for a while. Let it all sink in.” Eirin shows you an ambiguous smile. “You don't have to decide right now. You can think it over and approach me sometime this week. However, if you want, we can start as soon as tonight. How about that?” She winks.
“Err... well, I'll certainly think about it. It's the least I can do.”
“You do that. Think very carefully. I'll just be here, all by myself, with my paperwork, waiting for your initiative.”

She turns to her desk. She gives you one final penetrating look before turning to her paperwork.

You wobble out of her office.

“Now what was that all about?” You ask yourself out loud.
“She likes you. A lot.”
“Is that so?”
“Yup~! I don't think I've seen her this frisky since I met her.”
“And when would that have been?”
“Dunno, 100 years? Time really passes by without me knowing it. Not that it, like, matters.”

Wait a moment. Who are you talking to? You turn to face the voice.

Standing there, grinning maniacally, is Tewi.

“Finally noticed, huh? I'm afraid that I've gotcha now!”
“Is that so?”

You look off to the corner of your eye, you could dash back into Eirin's office if you're nimble enough, or try your luck running down the corridor. Just being near this menace is giving you goosebumps.

[] Tackle Tewi
[] Attempt to flee
[] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store
>> No. 12995
[x] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store.

It's probably no fun for her if we don't resist.

Also, I wonder if Mokou is going to regularly smack us around like we're a white trash housewife again (would that be a question more suited for the Q and A in the last thread?).
>> No. 12996
[X] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store
>> No. 12997
{X} Resign yourself to whatever she has in store
>> No. 12998
[x] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store

I want to touch that bunny ears
>> No. 12999
[X] Tackle Tewi

Vote the unwinnable~
>> No. 13000
[] Tackle Tewi

Haha! No Tewi, for you see it is I who have now got YOU!
>> No. 13001
[x] Tackle Tewi
>> No. 13002
[X] Tackle Tewi

Bandwagon!
>> No. 13004
[X] Tackle Tewi
>> No. 13005
[x] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store.
In which post, we lose our precious belt.
>> No. 13006
[] Tackle Tewi

Do it
>> No. 13007
Isn't there something less retarded than tackling her that we can do? We're just going to look like an ass.
>> No. 13008
[x] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store
>> No. 13009
>>12999
>>13000
>>13001
>>13002
>>13004
>>13006

[x] Rape Tewi.

Might as well
>> No. 13011
File 123084817577.jpg- (386.56KB , 850x1202 , 97878ee3c59dd2e5d9cd0a6188f36b.jpg ) [iqdb]
13011
[!/] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store.

Do we get to touch her ears?
>> No. 13012
>>13007
Welcome to Deluge of a Lunar Fantasy.
Every day is retard day.
>> No. 13013
[X] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store.
>> No. 13014
[x] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store.

Tewi could be an important buffer whatever mind fuckery Eirin has in store for us. I'd put up with being routinely humbled by her trickery if it prevents us from ending up delirious and addled.
>> No. 13018
>>13014
I think Eirin-related mind-fuckery is only a concern if we take her up on her offer again. I don't know about you, but I'm not inclined to go that route a second time, even if we ended it prematurely last time.
>> No. 13020
File 123085725111.jpg- (28.22KB , 300x400 , toucht.jpg ) [iqdb]
13020
[x] Resign yourself to whatever she has in store

“Well,” You look her square in the eyes. Those two dark red orbs that only promise trouble for you. “I guess there's no way out of this. What is it that you want with me?”
“Come a bit closer. But don't take any steps backwards or to the left.”
“Huh?”
“Just do it, silly.”

You follow her instructions. Being careful not to veer to the left nor stumble backwards, you come closer.

“That's good.” She smiles.
“Now what?”
“Not much. You're no good to me if you don't show any initiative. I might as well just ask one of the guys.”
“...”

She starts to walk away. Without so much as saying goodbye. You follow, slightly perplexed.

“What is it?” She asks.
“You don't want anything from me?”
“Not right now.”
“Why call out to me in the first place.”
“Testin' stuff.”
“Like what?”
“Stuff.” She doesn't come off as dismissive as much as she does aloof.
“Right. Like what sort of stuff? There's lots of kinds of stuff you could have wanted – like for example attention, food, or even my sweet belt.”
“Just stuff. None of that.” Her ears twitch a bit. “However, if you're offering to give me that belt...”
“I'm not. Just an example.” You protectively grab a hold of your precious belt.
“That's okay.”

The conversation dies down again. You rekindle it while going down one of the seemingly endless hallways.

“So where are we going?” You ask.
“We aren't going anywhere.”
“Buh?”
“I don't know what you expect from me, but I'm just going through my usual routine.”
“Is that a fact? Well, could I ask something then?”
“Can't hurt.”
“Would you knock off the pranks please? It's annoying and I don't think I'll sink to your level.”
“More like you can't get back at me, and you know it.” She has a smug look on her face. “I'll cut it out – provided you don't treat me like I'm some sort of leper.”
“And when have I done that?”
“Oh please, you've avoided me since the moment you got here. Even that time we sat down with Reisen to eat you couldn't wait to dart away.”
“...”

You hadn't realized it. But maybe you've been sort of a jerk to this lovable scamp in pink.

“Sorry about that.” You promptly apologize. “But you have shown to be inclined to mess with me. I mean, you give off the vibe that you'd bury me alive if you could get away with it.”
“Bury you alive, eh?” She muses. “Not a bad idea.”
“See!? That's exactly the sort of stuff that makes me wary of you.”
“Ah, but that's a joke. You can't deal with jokes? Maybe I shouldn't speak to you at all then.”
“It certainly can't be an extreme of perpetually messing with me or completely avoiding me. It's not like I hate you or anything.”

Having reached an intersection, Tewi stops. She faces you.

“Hey, it's not like I hate you or anything either!”
“That's a good start then.”
“Still, for now...” She averts her gaze and frowns.
“Mm?”

She presses her small body against yours. In the perpetual calm of the corridors, you hear her soft breathing.

“There's something that only you can give me, Shirou...”
“What's that?”

You feel something around your waist come loose. The intense friction almost gives a burning sensation.

“...Tewi?”

All of a sudden she leaps away from you.

“Tewi?!”
“Well, I've got what I want!” She holds in her hand her prize – your belt. “Smell you later!”

She begins to run away at full speed. You entertain the thought of chasing her, but your drooping pants would only cause you to trip or something equally as embarrassing. You grit your teeth. You don't hate her for this, you'd like to believe that there is some sort of kernel of decency within her. She just has a hard time showing that, that's all.

You march back to your room, with one hand holding your trousers in place. You fix the problem by getting changed to something that doesn't require your beautiful belt.

It's very early afternoon now, still within normal time for lunch. And you've been given plenty to think about and plenty of things you can act upon. The key here would be to prioritize your actions.

[] Try to enjoy a nice lunch
[] Track down, stalk, and exact justice on Tewi
[] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around
----
>>13007
You could always, you know, propose a write-in.

>>12995
That would depend.

Somehow anon avoided choosing the most entertaining choice again. Well, entertaining for me. I'm not complaining or anything of the sort, I still try my best for any choice.
>> No. 13022
[] Track down, stalk, and exact justice on Tewi.

Belt. Belt. Belt. Belt. Belt. Belt.
>> No. 13023
[] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around

We kind of ditched our buddy earlier, we need to make it up to her.
>> No. 13024
[x] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around.

Hime > Revenge
>> No. 13025
[X] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around.
>> No. 13026
>>12994

“She likes you. A lot.”
“Is that so?”
“Yup~! I don't think I've seen her this frisky since I met her.”

WAT.


[x] Try to enjoy a nice lunch

ReisenReisenReisenReisenReisenReisen
>> No. 13027
[] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around
>> No. 13028
File 123085959475.jpg- (300.69KB , 578x702 , 1230423262830.jpg ) [iqdb]
13028
[!/] Try to enjoy a nice lunch.
>> No. 13029
[x] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around
>> No. 13031
[X] Try to enjoy a nice lunch

It's too soon to try to avenge the loss of our totally sweet belt. Far too soon. Yes. She would expect it. Better to wait, bide our time, and hope the most opportune moment presents itself in which to strike when her guard is down.
>> No. 13032
[x] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around
I could spends sentences justifying my decision but NEET-time is enough.
>> No. 13035
[x] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around

I will never forget you, belt.
>> No. 13038
What the hell does Tewi want our belt for, anyway? She doesn't wear pants!
>> No. 13039
[Q] Try to enjoy a nice lunch
>> No. 13041
File 123086478916.jpg- (390.05KB , 712x1000 , 360f483aa0f66b28fd43938810425b9f.jpg ) [iqdb]
13041
>>13038

She's obviously expanding her BDSM toy collection.
>> No. 13042
>>13038

She's playing Head Games.

And I can't take it anymore.
>> No. 13045
File 123086980696.png- (88.95KB , 1280x800 , motdt.png ) [iqdb]
13045
Alright writing now, provided that I'm not utterly consumed by my quest to make the perfect Kaguya ASCII motd.

Pic highly related (made it quickly just because).
>> No. 13051
>[ ] Track down, stalk, and exact justice on Tewi
Can we put this on hold like Norseman does in his story? For later use.

[x] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around
>> No. 13052
[x] Try to enjoy a nice lunch

>>13020
>You could always, you know, propose a write-in.
Couldn't think of one, was hoping someone else would.
>> No. 13057
>>13042
Well, then she's just Cold as Ice, isn't she?
>> No. 13059
>>13057

Funny how she can be that and Hot-Blooded at the same time.
>> No. 13060
>>13059
Oh well, what can we do? The Damage is Done.
>> No. 13062
[x] Pop in and see if Kaguya is around

You'll go check up on Kaguya.

You knock on her door. The familiar bleeps and sound effects of games can be heard. You wait, but there's no reply.

You knock again.

Again, nothing.

You decide to slide the door open. You take a peek inside. It's dark inside. Save for the cool, mostly blue, light coming from a screen in the background, there's nothing else emitting light. You scan the dark for signs of Kaguya.

“Hey, Kaguya, you there?”
“Go away.” Her voice is muffled and barely audible from the ambiance noise.

It takes you a moment to realize where her voice is coming from. She's part of that dark mass in the corner. Is that a blanket covering all of her body? The room is as messy as always, so it could just be a pile of rubbish. Or it could be a hibernating bear for all you know. Your vision is terrible in the dark.

“I said go away.” The lump shakes a bit.
“Can't I come in? Maybe we could play something?”
“No. Don't make me kick you out.”
“Pff. As if you could.” You try to make light of her mood with a joke.
“...”

She ignores you. You decide to think this one over a bit.

You close the door and lean against the hallway wall. You'd sigh, but something catches your eye. Off to the side, towards the direction of the courtyard, there stands the vile trickster. And what's this? You notice that there's a new addition to her wardrobe. Hanging haphazardly and fashioned around her waist, is a leather belt several sizes too large for her small frame.

HEY THAT'S MY BELT

GIVE IT BACK
YOU ARE A RABBIT

IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT”

In return you get what definitely sounds like a jeering laugh. You have no chance to challenge her and reclaim your lost possession. She turns, bends over, smacks her behind as a taunt, and hightails it out of there.

Oh, you'll get yours, you foul knave. Any spectator could attest to your hot-bloodedness. They wouldn't have to check it to see, they'd know you've got a fever of a hundred and three.

But that's enough of that. Before you get stars in your eyes, you ought to make a game plan. It still hasn't escaped you that you ought to deal with your friend that's secluded herself in her cave of a room.

[] Regain your honor, and your stolen goods, chase down Tewi.
[] Ask Eirin for advice how to deal with Kaguya
[] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch
[] Taking it easy is important. Eat, rest, and tackle your problems later
---
Short update is short. Because I decided to overhaul what happened with the choice.

>>13060
Anything can be made right, With Heaven on Our Side.
>> No. 13063
[X] Taking it easy is important. Eat, rest, and tackle your problems later.

[X]BUSTA MOVE YO WAY OUTTA HERE.

We're gonna need practice to unlock Moonwalking.
>> No. 13064
File 12309134099.png- (294.72KB , 500x786 , those are my shoes.png ) [iqdb]
13064
[x] Regain your honor, and your stolen goods, chase down Tewi.
>> No. 13065
[X] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch
>> No. 13066
>>[] Ask Eirin for advice how to deal with Kaguya
Though a dubious suggestion normally, now she's also hitting on us.

>>[] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch
The sixth impossible request - the perfect ramen dish. Trying to bribe her would be the smrt thing to do (or, is that meta-knowledge?).

[x] Regain your honor, and your stolen goods, chase down Tewi.
Realistically, we have no chance of catching Tewi, and, realistically, this MAY be down a Tewi-centric direction, but that belt is surely an important plot device whose significance has not yet been revealed. Surely.
>> No. 13068
[] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch

A piece of cord makes a fine belt, but Kaguya is more important right now. Don't you see? She WANTS you to pay attention to her, wants you to try and mend fences, which is why she's brushing you off! First it's a taste of your own medicine, go play with my pets instead of me eh? Secondly it's a chance to make her feel a bit special that you'd put some effort into making it up to her, which in turn will make her feel silly for acting this way.
>> No. 13069
[X] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch.
>> No. 13070
[x] Regain your honor, and your stolen goods, chase down Tewi.

We are going to tie her up and hang her from the cieling until she begs for mercy.
>> No. 13071
[x] Regain your honor, and your stolen goods, chase down Tewi.

That belt sounds too sexy to give up.
>> No. 13072
[x] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch

NEET first, belt later.
>> No. 13073
[X] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch
>> No. 13074
[x] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch
>> No. 13075
File 123093520425.jpg- (190.61KB , 727x708 , 1212028256605.jpg ) [iqdb]
13075
[!/] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch.
>> No. 13076
[X] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch.

She's still miffed about us ditching our gaming session to dine with her pet, and possibly because she knows why we took a bit longer than we should coming back from our errand. We really should do something to try to make things right, lest we wind up with a mostly absent NEET again. A peace offering seems like a good way to start, even if Eirin could offer us some inside information, a man must try to find his own solution before relying upon the help of others.
>> No. 13078
[x] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch

Kaguya's not my favorite, but we need to do this.
>> No. 13079
File 123097125355.jpg- (292.53KB , 625x3360 , Not really NEET food but still damn unhealthy.jpg ) [iqdb]
13079
[x] Make the ultimate in NEET cuisine – and offer it as an olive branch

Stupid silly rabbit. You purge your thoughts of that pink demon from your mind and focus at the situation at hand.

Kaguya is acting a bit difficult to deal with. Her being upset over the 'net was easy to deal with – a few words and perhaps a couple of hours of cool down was all it took. It's been, however, a day and she's still upset. So the answer can only be to try to make an effort to mend fences. As much as you're tempted to ask Eirin for help, you... you have your reasons not to. Plus, a man has to solve his problems by himself. Can't be relying on others needlessly.

Easier said than done. You stand pondering in the hallway for a long time. When your legs begin to cramp up, you start to pace around slightly.

And then, like any useful cliché, it comes to you all of a sudden. It feels like an arrow with a message from the gods was fired directly from the heavens down to you. Yes, that'll do just great.

You hurry down to the kitchen.

Reisen is there, tending to a couple of simmering pots. She greets you and you mumble something back. You're like a demon-possessed host, totally oblivious to the significance of the people in your life. You're sure you say something adequate to Reisen when she asks what you're doing, after all, she does seem to smile and nod. She observes you with a somewhat bewildered expression, but doesn't get in your way.

You rapidly gather all the materials that you need. A normal person wouldn't think much of this hodgepodge of ingredients. It certainly can't be used to make Duck a l'Orange nor Tempura. Only someone who has tried the variety of instant foods and understands the basic principle behind their taste can hope to follow your logic.

You let a predatory grin form on your face.

Ripping apart several packets at once, you filter out the contents to different bowls. Just adding stuff together won't cut it, this is all about taking the best from each and introducing it to the whole. The cheaper ingredients get permanently filtered out – the rubbery 'shrimp', the powdered 'eggs', all of that. You mix different types of noodles together, (after softening them with a bit of water). Your creation takes pride in its diversity.

The next step is to take in and pour all of the necessary powders. Yes, yes, more MSG! The spicy flavoring goes great with the variety. When you think you have enough, you add hot water. Not just any amount of water either. You put just enough to dissolve everything and cook the noodles, but not enough to form a broth. A sludge is what you're looking for. It may not look like much, but the taste is without peer. If the the noodles are like infantry assaulting and capturing the taste buds, then sludge is akin to a heavy artillery barrage firing wave after wave of explosive, and delicious, flavor.

The last step here is to add a bit of sauce. You mix in a bit of the different packets of sauce. They must all work together in harmony. It's like the air support to the troops fighting the ground battle.

You're done.

You can't help laughing like a mad scientist while you marvel the creation. You take a taste. The urge to yell out loud 'It's alive!' is hard to fight. You only hold it in when you realize just how weirded out Reisen is. She's been watching you the whole time, wordlessly. You give her a big smile and a thumbs up. She nervously waves back. You'll explain what this was all about some other time, for now, you should deliver this while it's still hot. Otherwise the sludge might congeal, and while delicious in its own right, it's hardly the ideal way to eat this masterpiece.

You slide Kaguya's door open without knocking. You see movement in the shadows, but you ignore it.

“I made a little something for you.” You place the dish on the floor. “Eat while it's hot. And if you feel like seeing me, I'll be hanging out just outside the door. Enjoy!”
“...” There's no reply to your statement.

Just as well.

You leave and close the door behind you. You sit down by the wall and wait. You strain your hearing to see if there's any noise coming from within the room. You can't hear much. You wait patiently.

...And then there's a sound you've been waiting for. You clearly hear the clattering of dishware. You wait patiently for a while longer. Your patience is rewarded, the door slides open and a hand comes out. It motions for you to come in. With a satisfied grin, you go inside.

“So, I trust you enjoyed my labor of love?” You cockily say. You can see Kaguya's silhouette sitting by her table.
“...Just a little bit.”
“Oh? 'Just a little bit'? I guess my best efforts just aren't good enough for you. Since I'm such a failure, I think I'll leave now.” You try to gauge her mood. Theatrics might not be the best idea, but you think you can get a good reaction from her like this.
“Don't be difficult. Just sit for a while.”
“Me difficult?” Well, yeah. But no more than her. “Unless you tell me how much you enjoyed my meal, I won't sit.”

An empty bowl is pushed across the table from the shadows.

“I enjoyed it alright?! Here's the proof. I ate it all already. I really, really, liked it.”
“Glad to hear it.” You sit. “And I'm glad that you're willing to talk to me.”
“Willing to talk to you? You [b]do[/i] know I can't stay mad at you, right? I mean this is probably not the most insensitive thing you've done. And there'll probably be more of this in the future.”
“Gosh, don't compliment me so much, I'll start blushing otherwise.”
“Sure. Whatever you say.”

Well, she does have a point. You'll likely screw things up yet again somehow. You're lucky that you've got an understanding friend like this. Despite her brooding, you can tell that she's more or less back to normal now.

“So, sunshine? What's it gonna be?”
“What's what going to be?” She asks. “And don't call me sunshine, it's annoying.”

<Huff and puff all you want, it just makes this all the more fun, buddy.>

“Oh, nothing. I was just wondering about now. You did call me in here for some reason, right?”
“-Isn't just talking enough?”
“It could be.”
“Then settle with just that.”
“Okay, I think I will.” While it feels you're going nowhere with this, you think you're advancing across no-man's land at a startling pace despite the crossfire. “Mind if we got a bit of light in here, it's as dark as a the far side of the moon.”
“That doesn't make any sense. The moon gets just as much light on the far side. In fact, maybe a bit more on average.” Kaguya corrects you. “You're thinking of the dark side.”
“Oh really?”
“Yes. And even then the dark side is just the name used for the part of the moon that's at 'night', and even that is lit up from light from earth. I would know as much.”
“I stand corrected. It's still really dark here.”
“Too bad, I feel that this amount of light is just right.”
“Fine, fine... I'll deal with it.”

Stupid, spoiled princess.

So, talking. It's no use if you can't establish a rapport. Despite her slight crabbiness, you feel that your buddy here is at least willing to be civil. Her trace amounts of resentment are, however, probably limiting her from taking the initiative in conversation.

[] Ask for her help in dealing with Tewi
[] Tell her all about your run-in with Mokou today
[] Inquire if she knows anything about why Eirin wants your help
[] Other (write-in)
>> No. 13080
File 123097339089.jpg- (200.82KB , 350x1050 , 11.jpg ) [iqdb]
13080
[!/] Inquire about the Moon.
>> No. 13081
[] Inquire if she knows anything about why Eirin wants your help
>> No. 13084
>>13080
2nd

[x] Inquire about the Moon.
>> No. 13086
[X] Inquire about the Moon, and the festival that's coming up.

>>And well, lastly, is the fact that there's a festival coming up in a few days. On the night of the full moon. I've been told that it's fun to gaze at the full moon and eat rice cakes. Doesn't sound too appealing, but what else am I going to do? Thus far I haven't really decided what to do with myself. Hell, I don't even know if this is entirely real. Or even if it is, how long I'll be here.

>>Note to self: Ask Kaguya about all of that.

The other stuff can wait, but the moon and the festival seem like good ways to get her to open up, as they actually involve her rather than just the people she knows.
>> No. 13087
[x] Inquire about the Moon.

Stupid sexy Kaguya.
>> No. 13088
[X] Inquire about the Moon, and the festival that's coming up.
>> No. 13089
[X] Inquire about the Moon, and the festival that's coming up.
>> No. 13096
[X] Inquire about the Moon, and the festival that's coming up.
>> No. 13100
File 123109849583.jpg- (74.15KB , 504x700 , 1230791411922.jpg ) [iqdb]
13100
No updates for at least a half a day I think due to various personal circumstances. Sorry.

Unusually voluptuous and curvy Tewi not related in the least.
>> No. 13101
File 123109979864.jpg- (35.09KB , 411x507 , 1209640962629.jpg ) [iqdb]
13101
>>13100

>Eirin's shady new drug
>> No. 13102
>>13100
do not want
>> No. 13104
>>13101

Which doujin is that from?

Looks familiar...
>> No. 13105
happy_flame_time_-_Cold_Wind_but_Warm_Winter
>> No. 13106
>>13105

So it is...

*whacks self on head*

My memory must be going in my age...

Oh, and -

[X] Inquire about the upcoming festival.

Asking about the Moon may bring up some bad memories, and people she left behind - let's play it safe.
>> No. 13110
>>13106
[X] Inquire about the upcoming festival.
Changing my vote.
>> No. 13111
[X] Inquire about the Moon, and the festival that's coming up.
>> No. 13113
[X] Inquire about the Moon, and the festival that's coming up.
>> No. 13114
[x] UPDATES
>> No. 13120
You ask her something that's been on your mind for some time. It might be a good time to find out more.

“Do you think you could tell me a bit more about the moon?”
“Well that came out of nowhere.” Kaguya admits. But she doesn't hesitate in answering. “The moon is a heavenly body in orbit around earth. It's always present in the sky, but you usually can't see it during day from Earth because of the sunlight blocking it and the stars out.”
“...”
“Hey, why the long face?” She raises a finger in protest.
“I wasn't asking about all that.”
“I know you weren't. It's just all so much ancient history that it's not worth bringing up. I don't think I could tell you much more than what you already know.”
“Of course you could!” It hadn't crossed your mind before, but she is an extraterrestrial. Surely beings, human or not, living on the moon are things you don't know much about. “What's it like there? The people, the buildings, and all of that?”

She looks at you blankly for a moment. She seems to remember something and mutters to the effect of 'it can't be helped'.

“Since I can't be objective about it, I'll just give you my general impressions. You'll be satisfied with that, won't you?”
“I won't know until I hear it.”
“Then listen up;” She clears her throat. “It's a temperate, solemn, and static place. Nothing seems to change even when one is sure they have changed. For better or for worse there are few there that seem to stand out. They're rare indeed.”

You wait a bit to see if she'll add anything else.

“...That's it?”
“I told you I'd give you my general impression and that's it.”
“What? No majestic structures made from crystal, hovering vehicles, and highly advanced society?” You come clean with some of the things you pictured.
“A lot of that may exist there, but I don't think that's important. You could be in the most primitive of places or pushing the envelope of knowledge – what matters is how you feel there. Comfort and discomfort are universal. So are feelings of isolation, happiness, sadness, and all that's in between. That, to me, is more important to know about.”
“I get your point.” You do understand what she's trying to say. “But I guess all of that depends a lot on the people who are in your life. I mean any place can be hell with the wrong people. And any place can be heaven with the right people. I was just asking as a curious outsider.”
“As an outsider, mm? Well, it's as you say. If you want to know technical details you should consult Eirin. I don't care enough to describe every aspect of society there.”

She makes herself clear. You had expected a bit more, but you figure it's just her previous hostility manifesting itself. It's not that big a deal.

“Perhaps you could tell me about something else? About the upcoming festival?”
“What about it?”
“Well, do you think you could tell me what it's all about?”
“I told you already, didn't I? But oh well.” She explains calmly, “It's in three more days. On the night of the full moon each month we usually moon gaze for a bit or chat around at night drinking tea and eating rice cakes. Well, usually the rabbits make and eat the cakes, but sometimes we join as well. It's a pleasant evening.”
“Oh, so it's not a big deal, is it? I thought that maybe because it was a festival it would be... more flashy. More people, noises, sights, and whatnot.”
“It's usually just us. Sorry about that.”
“Nothing to be sorry about. Just seems a bit lonely.”

Kaguya giggles a bit, “Well, the rabbits frolic and have their fun. And spending time with good company is never lonely I think.” She then adds, “It's not that I'm opposed to it, it's just that no one usually wants to come nor do we invite any one to come. But there's nothing excluding outsiders.”
“I see. So I could ask someone to come if I wanted to.”
“You could.” She then asks with a bit of amusement, “but I didn't know you were popular with people here already.”
“That's a bit rude to say, isn't it?” Just to tease you friend, you play it purposefully ambiguous (no doubt she'll see through it), “I might have just any number of friends here already. So now that you said it's alright to invite people, don't be surprised if there's a few extra guests.”
“The more the merrier. I'll look forward to it.”

You clearly see her smile in the shadows. It's enough to know she's in a better mood now. That's good.

You suggest maybe doing something together. She shoots you down.

“I'll pass right now.”
“How come?”
“Nothing personal.” She explains, “That thing I ate earlier is being digested. It was really good, but I feel that if I don't concentrate all of my energies on this I'll pass out.”
“Hahaha. Yeah, that's the price to pay for the exquisite forbidden flavor.” Yeah, when you first ate this thing you weren't sure if you were having hot flashes, heart palpitations, or simply slipping into a coma-like state. You'd forgotten about that. “Well, I'll leave you then. See you around.”

You leave the shadowy realm and back into the land of light. Your eyes take more than a moment to adjust to normal levels of light.

You decide to have lunch. It's a late lunch, but better than nothing. You're lucky to find some lunch still left (apparently everyone else had already eaten) and feast on that. It's not bad, but you think that the vegetables became perhaps a bit too soggy.

After your meal, you slink outside towards the courtyard. You've become a bit sleepy, so it's time for a nice afternoon nap. The peaceful sound of the wind softly blowing is enough to lull you into a light sleep. In what you're not sure was a daydream or a plain old dream, you saw mountains of marshmallows and clouds of cotton candy. You ate your way to the center of one of the mountains and discovered it had a secret chocolate-covered core. Ah, delicious nougat.

You awake only when the light reaches your face. You rub your eyes and realize it's the afternoon sun. The rays of light were now at the appropriate angle to reach your body on the wooden porch. The sky isn't orange yet, but it will be soon.

[] Go talk to Eirin again
[] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou
[] Find Strelok Tewi
[] Take it slow for the rest of the day
>> No. 13121
[] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou

MokouMokouMokouMokouMokouMokouMokou
>> No. 13122
[X] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou
>> No. 13123
[x] Go talk to Eirin again.

Because I wanna see Teru's frisky Eirin again.
>> No. 13124
[X] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou

I had worried that there might be some conflict, should our buddy decide to want to do something with us, but if she's preoccupied with digesting our culinary masterpiece, then clearly that's not an issue.
>> No. 13125
[x] Go talk to Eirin again

Experiment time
>> No. 13126
If only because because we'll be knocked out for the rest of the day if we see Eirin.

[x] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou
>> No. 13127
[Z] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou
>> No. 13129
File 12312881253.jpg- (200.46KB , 743x800 , 1977045.jpg ) [iqdb]
13129
[x] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou

Maybe we'll run into Mystia.
>> No. 13130
[x] Find Strelok Tewi

My belt. I'll be taking it.
>> No. 13132
[!/] Show up early and keep your 'appointment' with Mokou
>> No. 13139
Will get to writing soon. I don't see anything preventing an update in a couple of hours. I'll create a new thread since this auto-saged.

>>13126
That's not a good assumption. The flow of time is exclusively a storytelling tool. Depending on the intended objective a 'scene' can be several choices or just one. There's no 'hard' day limit for the story either, it all depends on the routes and choices made.
>> No. 13146
[] Find Strelok Tewi

Needs more bunny love.
>> No. 13148
Disregard my previous post. I got caught up working on something else. I won't update for a while.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x