- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 12075)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 122562154049.jpg - (79.68KB, 516x387, 42b322b06f9ad415677d4fb21fa11ca5.jpg) [iqdb]
12075 No. 12075
[X] “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”

“Well, to be honest, I’ve been having an easy time of it there. Granted, I’ve been mildly injured, but they have been kind to me.”
“Injured? From the kiosk, yes?” Keine asks.
“Partially. I also had a bit of a scuffle with the local fauna. They thought it a good idea to take advantage of a new friend of mine and I vehemently disagreed.”
“Good on you. How about Kags?” Mokou asks.
“Wait, Mokou, I really should hear of this.”
“He obviously won, just look at him. He’s not dead or missing limbs, right?”
“Yes, but-” She’s cut off,
“He’s fine. You’re fine, right?”
“Can’t complain.”
“See? Straight from the horse’s mouth. Besides, he’s working for Eientei so if there was anything wrong they’d patch him right up. At least the doctor and her rabbits are good people.”
“You know, Mokou, I have been wondering something.” You catch the silver and red woman’s attention.
“Yeah?”
“Well, it’s pretty obvious you don’t exactly like the Princess.” She smirks and raises an eyebrow.
“No kidding. By the way, you can go ahead and say her name. It’s not like I’m going to rat you out or anything.”
“Okay, well I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards Kaguya. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.” Mokou just shakes her head.
“Listen, you don’t know her like I do. We’ve been fighting like two particularly pissed off dogs for years now and probably aren’t going to quit any time soon.”
“Yet you have been an order of magnitude more civil to each other recently.” Keine remarks.
“Hey, pipe down you.” Mokou reaches over and flicks Keine’s forehead.
“That’s all fine well and good, but would I be too invasive if I asked just why you have been doing so?” You ask while picking up a skewer of chicken.
“Nah, I’ll tell you. See, long ago she humiliated a handful of guys who wanted to marry her. One of those men was my father and she pulled some switcheroo bullshit so there was no choice but for him to fail.”
“Why would they go through that? Including your father, no less?”
“Well, by the standards then Guya-Guya was incredibly beautiful. The guys would go nuts over her if the even saw her. As for my father, he needed to remarry for political stuff. Believe it or not, I came from a noble family and the line needed strengthening or something.” Honestly, you’d judge her and “Guya-Guya” about the same beauty-wise. None of the women you’ve been associating with are even plain, come to think of it. Lucky you.
“So, where do you fall in?”
“Since I couldn’t let her get away with doing that to my beloved father, I resolved to kill her. Only, joke’s on me, she was a damn immortal so it was a waste of time before I even began. Pisses me off.” Hold on one second…
“Wait, immortal?”
“Yeah, immortal. An ‘eternal being’ as she so loves to call it. You know, she’ll never die and all that. No matter how many times you roast her, impale her, crush her skull, rip her open from crotch to crown, she’ll still get back up. Believe me, I tried.”
“Uh, neat.” She won’t die even when she’s killed. Groovy. You’re really not sure how to respond to that.
“It gets even better. See, she left the tonic that made her that way behind as a gift to a lord before she ran away. As it so happened, I was able to trail the soldiers that were marching with it. One thing lead to another and I, like a damn fool, chugged it down.”
“You’re an immortal too?” You know not one, but two immortals. And mother always said you’d never meet anyone of importance. Casey: 1 Dead Hag: 0.
“Yep, been about thirteen hundred years since that day, give or take a few decades. Can you tell?” She says in a joking tone.
“No, you really look a bit younger than me. Thirteen hundred years, huh? I don’t believe my frame of reference allows me to truly comprehend that scope.”
“Yeah, her friend Eirin is even older. Don’t bring that up, by the way. Unless you want an arrow in the eye, that is.”
“That’s…”
“Crazy, right? Now Kaguya and me kill each other pretty frequently. It’s fun as hell; you should come sometime. If you have a strong stomach, that is.”
“Uh, yeah.”
“Hey, as a matter of fact, want to kill me?”
“…What.” You say in a complete deadpan.
“Kill me. You know, take that cricket bat of yours and pound my head in. Or if you’ve a knife you can stab me and watch me die.” She says as she untucks her shirt.
“Mokou, really. Do you have to do this to every new friend of yours?” Keine asks while placing her face into the palm of her hand.
“Relax, Keine. You know I’m going to be fine; it’s nothing you haven’t seen before. So, how about it? Want to see a dead person come back?”

What. The. Hell. This right here is one supremely messed-up situation. Keine isn’t exactly trying to stop it, either. This really should bother you much more than it does. The spooky thing is that she's giving you such a friendly and heartfelt smile. Too weird.

[] No! That’s sick!
[] Politely decline.
[] Woo! Guilt-free murder!
[] May as well, if she wants it so badly.
Expand all images
>> No. 12076
[X] Politely decline.

Dapper option
>> No. 12077
{X} Politely decline.

Don't want blood all over her stall.
>> No. 12078
[X] Politely decline

Swinging Cornelius for unjustified reasons are not dapper.
>> No. 12079
>You know not one, but two immortals. And mother always said you’d never meet anyone of importance. Casey: 1 Dead Hag: 0.

Hilarity.

[x] Politely decline.

Take her word for it.
>> No. 12080
[X] Politely decline.
>> No. 12087
[ ] Check Time
[ ] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."
>> No. 12090
[ODIN] Check Time
[ODIN] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."

This.
>> No. 12091
[X] Woo! Guilt-free murder!
>> No. 12092
Changing vote.

[&] Check Time
[&] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."

[&]Check dapperness status.
>> No. 12093
[⌚] Check Time
[x] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."

Changing vote. Not my idea of a good time...wait, that sounds like a pun now.
>> No. 12094
[x] Check Time
[x] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."
>> No. 12095
[⌚] Check Time
[x] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."

The dapper...It's...too much...
>> No. 12096
[x] Check Time
[x] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."

awesome.jpg
>> No. 12100
[⌚] Check Time
[X] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."

Good on ya, mate.
>> No. 12103
>>12075
[X] Check Time
[X] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before noon. I'll pass, thank you."

Just to be a anal-retentive wanker. It was a little after 11:42 a.m. when we dispatched Yue's assailants in >>10320
>> No. 12105
>>12092


>Check dapperness status.

Dapper

Dapper from accessories: Good
Dapper from self: Good

Total Dapper: Plusgood

Regular Man's dapper: Ungood

Migraine raping my eyes. Update tomorrow likely.
>> No. 12106
>>12103
Good catch. Consider >>12093 changed to
[x] noon
>> No. 12109
>>12103

Hmmm... mind, I doubt we'd do it any differently in that kind of instance no matter what the time.
>> No. 12110
File 122572321842.jpg - (43.75KB, 550x361, 1208921282977.jpg) [iqdb]
12110
Just posting this for someone.
>> No. 12114
File 122572462240.jpg - (68.23KB, 596x667, 1213125309934.jpg) [iqdb]
12114
And something else.
>> No. 12130
File 122578924170.jpg - (504.38KB, 1600x1200, Mokou_Keine3.jpg) [iqdb]
12130
[⌚] Check Time
[x] "Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you."

This is just silly. She’s really asking you to do this? No. A great many things could go wrong in this situation and you want nothing to do with any of them. Further, Mokou’s smile seems…off. At first glance it looked almost warm, but as you take a better look it seems wrong. “Feral” would be a good word for it. Though, she could be giving the sweetest smile this side of Shirley Temple and you’d still decline. Sorry, doll, but Cornelius is only meant to be used for good (and giving Todd a smack, but he usually had it coming). You give your watch a look-see before properly answering.

⌛: 12:43 p.m.

“Ah, that’s a shame. Sorry, but I like to commit my murder before ten. I'll pass, thank you.” Wait, is it still murder if the victim comes back? Fantastic lands bring up such interesting moral quandaries, eh?
“Is that right?” Mokou says while raising an eyebrow.
“Indeed. Also, I’d hate to dirty up your lovely stall with blood.” Mokou lets out a chuckle while Keine looks relieved.
“Hey, you’re not too bad of a guy. I can see why Keine would hang out with you.” Mokou says while giving a different smile. Now that looks charming. Less like she’s just baring her teeth as she was earlier.
“Why, thank you. I must say you took me by surprise with your offer.”
“I apologize for that, it’s how she judges people.” Keine chimes in.
“Oh? And what does my choice tell you about me?”
“Secret. I’ll just tell you this: the shopkeeper? He did it so I’d shut up about it.” Mokou says while tucking her shirt back in.
“With the way you act sometimes? I’m not surprised.” Keine says to her friend.
“Aw, Keine’s being mean to me. Can you believe this, Casey?”
“A crying shame. It almost brings a tear to the eye seeing two friends in such a way.” You say with an affected sad voice.
“Oh no, not you too.” Keine says, playfully pleading. Mokou lets out a laugh.
“That’s right, Keine, I’ve sunk my claws into him now. You know how I like the proper types.” Mokou steps behind you and grips your shoulders as she says this.
“Alas, Casey, I hardly knew ye. Whatever shall I do now that my newest friend has been taken by the wicked immortal?”
“My suggestion? Despair. I’ll make him into my obedient chicken-cooking slave. Now, let the brain-washing begin!” She says as she starts to direct you to the stall, pulling down the shutter on the large opening in the front. Funny, these two remind you of the Princess and Eirin from the other night.

[] See where she’s going with this.
[] Spin around and hold her dramatically. Maybe throw in a suave line.
---

QWL, this Bigfoot would totally be up for it if he had the presence of mind to log on at a decent hour. He's quite interested in talking to the crazy man.

>>12114

Huh, at first glance I thought she was wearing a thick belt. That's actually fairly cute on a level or two.
>> No. 12131
{X} See where she’s going with this.

eh
>> No. 12132
[X] See where she’s going with this.

If only because I couldn't come up with a suave line right now to save my neck.
>> No. 12133
[] See where she’s going with this.
>> No. 12134
[x] See where she’s going with this.
>> No. 12135
[] See where she’s going with this.

I'm curious.
>> No. 12136
>>12130
>log on at a decent hour
There's almost always someone around in #MiG, and #eientei is dead half the time, but never the same half.
>> No. 12138
[x] Spin around and hold her dramatically. Maybe throw in a suave, passionate french kiss.

yeahno.

[x] See where she’s going with this.

xcuse me mokou but wtf r u doin
>> No. 12143
[✗] See where she’s going with this.
>> No. 12159
File 122596546455.png - (238.14KB, 500x600, 1202936402224.png) [iqdb]
12159
[x] See where she’s going with this.

Whatever could you be doing, Miss Fujiwara? You can’t help but feel curious as to her intentions, so you play along.
“Oh no, and I had just began to truly live. Farewell, Keine, as I go off to the dreaded work camp.” You say as Mokou continues to move you to her cart. Keine pulls out a handkerchief and waves to you as Mokou pushes you through the threshold.
“Farewell, Casey, may your chains hang lightly upon you.”

Inside, you’re briefly assaulted by the strong smell of cooked meats and alcohol. However, this is quickly replaced by the complete absence of any smell at all. Further, your sight is filled completely by a myriad of eyes suspended in nothingness. You look back to the surprised Mokou.
“Love the decoration. How’d you get the eyes to hang so?” You say while keeping your voice level. Surely this is another level to her joke.
“Hate to break it to you, but I had no part in this.” Suddenly, a look of recognition crosses her face, which she proceeds to place in her hand. “Oh, hell. I know this. That annoying gap woman is-” Before she can finish, her head and hand disappear, leaving bloody holes where they once were. You catch her body before it falls to the floor (blood splatters on your jacket and shirt, but don’t see the need to care about that right now). You reach behind your back for where you normally keep Cornelius, but remember you left it outside the cart.
“Really, how rude. I simply wanted to have a chat.” Says an unfamiliar voice from the void. Suddenly, a cheerful blonde woman with a revealing purple dress comes into existence. “You must be the ‘KC’ Kourin was talking about.” She says in an airy tone.
“Yes, I am. If I may be so bold, what in the name of the Black Goat of the Forest is the meaning of this?” She waves your question off.
“First, introductions. I am Yukari Yakumo, Mistress of Mayohiga and Keeper of Gensokyo. How do you do?” She says while curtseying.
“And I am Casey Mills, Worker of Eientei and Gentleman of Two Worlds.” You respond while doffing your hat and bowing to the best of your ability. It’s a bit hard to do with a body in your arms, but you manage.
“Kourin was right, you are exceedingly polite.” Yukari of the Gap says while clapping her hands before her mouth. “Shame I’m not available in this one; I do so love your type.”
“What?” This one of what?
“Oh, nothing. Now, what brought you here?” Well that’s a silly way to frame her question.
“Well, I was out with Keine and we eventually felt hungry. We came here, messed around with Mokou and before I knew it I was in a void holding Mokou’s headless body princess-style in my arms.”
“Thanks for that, by the way.” Mokou says while in your arms.
“Don’t mention i-Oh, hey. You’re looking better.”
“I told you I was immortal.”
“That you did, Wolverine.”
“What?”
“Nothing.”
“Whatever. Mind letting me go?”
“Oh, sure.” You put her down. Mokou staggers a bit as she stands and you hold her by the shoulders until she regains her bearings.
“You alright?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. Regenerating my head leaves me a bit dizzy. ”
“If you two are done?” Miss Yakumo asks while sitting on a protrusion from the void.
“Yeah, yeah. Mind letting me pop back to my stall real quick? Keine’s probably worried sick right now.” Mokou says to the woman.
“Oh? Just a moment.” Miss Yellow and Purple says as she pushes her head into another shard of the void. You can hear a faint murmuring from her, like she was talking under a thick blanket. As she does this, you look to Mokou.
“Should I be worried?”
“Nah, she’s jut not the type you’d want to face alone. You know how Kaguya is?”
“Yes?”
“Double it and add a pleasant demeanor.” Oh joy.
“Oh, are you talking about me? I’d so hate to displace your head once more.” Yukari says with her head out of the shard.
“If you do, I’d rather you didn’t drop me into Kaguya’s plate again. While it was great seeing her miso and rice splash on her face, I’d rather not see that smug smile of hers.”
“Would you rather Keine’s lap?”
“She’s probably used to it by now, but no.”
“Excuse me, if I may?” You chime in at the purple one.
“Yes?” She answers.
“For what purpose did you shanghai us to this crazy Eyevoid?”
“Ah, yes, why I brought you here. You see, I heard from Kourin, Rinnosuke to you, that a new outsider has shown up. I found that funny since I know of every living human that passes through the border but you. After a bit of searching I found you, proving Kourin right so I didn’t have to punish him. Imagine my surprise when I found you playing with two of the stronger humans here. I simply gapped you to my special Border World and here you stand. Now for a question of my own: how did you end up in Gensokyo? And don’t get cute about it this time.” Her voice shifts from the airy tone of before to a commanding one, carrying an amazing amount of force behind it. A man of lesser self-control might buckle before her, but you’re quite in command of yourself (aside from the rare bout of rage, that is).
“Afraid I can’t help you with that. One moment I’m grabbing my scarf and the next I’m staring at a village.” You say in a firm voice.
“Hm, that’s not very helpful.” She returns to the airy tone.
“Them’s the breaks. Can we go back now?” Mokou says to the woman.
“In a moment. Is there anything else you can remember, Mills? Anything at all?”
“Well, before I saw the opening to the village my vision was assaulted, if that’s any help.” Yukari stops to think for a moment.
“I see. Well, unless there’s anything you’d like, this is goodbye.”
“Finally.” Sez Mokou.

[] Well, there’s one thing…
[] Send us back, already.
---
Even in /eientei/, YU. KA. RIN.

>>12136

I seem to have the impeccable timing to find #eientei when it's mostly dead. I've had good chats with the ones on then, so I'm not complaining.
>> No. 12160
>>12138

By the way, that would have been fun to write like nobody's business.
>> No. 12161
>>12160
Write it anyways. It can't hurt.

[x] Send us back, already, please.

I got nothin' witty.
>> No. 12162
[x] Send us back, already, please.

I'd rather not spend another second with this Yukari.
>> No. 12164
[x] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[x] Now, do send us back.

Jesus Christ, I know Mokou's immortal, but that was still as rude as fuck. Jesus.
>> No. 12165
>>12160
I smell a side story!
>> No. 12167
[✗] "I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish."
[✗] "Now, do send us back."
>> No. 12168
[x] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[x] Now, do send us back.
>> No. 12173
>“Shame I’m not available in this one; I do so love your type.”
>“What?” This one of what?
>“Oh, nothing.”

Supreme.

[X] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[X] Now, do send us back.
>> No. 12176
[ODIN] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[ODIN] Now, do send us back.
>> No. 12177
>>12173
I didn't even notice until you point it out. Awesome.

[X] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[X] Now, do send us back.
>> No. 12178
[⌚] Check Time
[x] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[x] Now, do send us back.

At least now we know who Rinnosuke's visitor was.
>> No. 12187
[x] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[x] Now, do send us back.
>> No. 12191
File 122621339637.png - (29.97KB, 400x400, 1206803056148.png) [iqdb]
12191
Sorry for the MIA updates. Things have kind of gotten in the way these last few days. Writan nao.

>>12164
>>12162

Mission accomplished.

Pic unrelated, I just like it.
>> No. 12192
File 122621452253.png - (920.02KB, 1202x586, wipwiewig.png) [iqdb]
12192
>>12191

Oh my god, I don't want to remember how fucking impossible that game is.

Oddly enough, the fight with Mokou was one of the easy parts.
>> No. 12194
>>12191

Hooray!
>> No. 12207
File 122628940028.jpg - (220.79KB, 794x822, 0609dd656beea5cee61f9b756eff3b84.jpg) [iqdb]
12207
[x] I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish.
[x] Now, do send us back.

“No, I honestly can’t think of anything pressing enough to keep me here.” Seriously, this woman is quite repelling.
“Oh? How cold of you.” Yukari says while covering her face with a fan pulled from a shard of Eyevoid. If she’s trying to be coy, it isn’t working.
“As cold as beheading someone for a petty slight?”
“Your sharp words are like razors, little man. It is as if blades are passing over all of my flesh.” She digs the corner of her fan into her left breast as she says this, dragging it a bit. Surprisingly enough, it draws a crimson line of blood that bleeds a drop into the depths of her cleavage. If this is her idea of seduction, it could use some work. You’re amazed that Rinnosuke is able to deal with this nonsense as often as you think he does.
“We get it, you have big boobs. Do you really have to cut them?” Mokou speaks out.
“I don’t believe a bumpkin with a sadly average bust line like yourself should be talking. Now, Mills, I’ll be keeping an eye on you. Expect to see me again.”
“Well then, I hope that the next time you wish to speak with me, you do so in a fashion considerably less boorish. Now, do send us back.” Mokou chuckles a bit at your farewell. Yukari just gives you a somewhat dark look.
“Right, only go through one at a time, please. Goodbye.” Yukari says as she summons a human-size shard of the void. You allow Mokou to go through first and attempt to follow her. However once she’s through, the gap in space vanishes. You twist your head to see Yukari still sitting there, smiling happily. What is surprising is that there is a set of male genitalia hanging near her face that she is playing with.
“Just a fair warning, boy: don’t try to defy me ever again. I weep for your lineage if you do.” She says in her airy tone of voice while giving the floating penis a long lick. Before you can respond, she bites off the head of it and rips away the testicles. Not cool. A shard opens below you and you fall through.

You land on your back. The opening wasn’t too high, so you’re uninjured. You prop yourself up and see Keine standing there, shocked. This quickly passes as she rockets to your side, fussing over you. She asks a flurry of are-you-alrights, did-she-hurt-yous, and what-happends. After you answer these to the best of your ability, one very important question pops up:
“Where’s Mokou?” Oh dear.

Thankfully, that question is soon answered in an unpleasant way. A series of disembodied limbs falls around you two. One arm, two eyes, a foot, some fingers, and a torso fall around you, quickly followed by the rest of the body parts. The white shirt on the torso and red pants that flutter down confirm the parts to belong to Mokou. You notice two bloody spots where the breasts would be on Mokou’s chest. Damn that woman.
You look to Keine, who has fallen to her knees. Her face is pale and tears seem to be welling up in the corners of her eyes. Being the kind of guy you are, you put an around her and try to comfort her.

Uh oh, April Fools! An Eyevoid, now in ribbon form, opens above her lap and deposits Mokou’s head there. Damn that woman to hell. Instead of breaking down like one would expect, Keine pushes you off. She stands up with the head in her hands and roars at the orange sky, baring slightly pointed canines as she does so. Funny, you don’t remember her having those. You also don’t remember her eyes being so red, normally they’re more of a blue.
As you move to try to do something that could help, she calms herself. She soon apologizes profusely and you tell her it’s okay. After a few moments, the pieces of the silver-red woman burst into flames and merge. The fire forms into the shape of a person and transforms into the Mokou you know. Except nude. You quickly look away as she hurries to gather her clothes.
“You know what? I really don’t like her.” Mokou says, now fully clothed, while brushing off her shirt.
“You’re not the only one.” You say to her. In a flash of movement, you see Keine rush to Mokou and pull her into a tight hug, rubbing her cheek against her face.
“Mokou! I was so worried! The way that woman just pulled you apart…” You chuckle and look to the direction of the setting sun as she rambles to her friend.



Wait, setting sun?
“Keine, how long were we gone?”
“A few hours.” She says while still holding her death grip on Mokou. Damn that woman to hell for eternity. Will you ever get to experience a full day in Gensokyo?

It’s already time for your appointment with Sen, which is good since both you and Keine could use a drink. You wonder if Mokou would like to come as well…

[] Insist she come. After what happened, a drink with good company does wonders.
[] Ask her. If she doesn’t come then it’s her loss.
[] No, she probably wants to be alone now.
---

Looks like that last post of mine was a bold-faced lie. Blame Fable 2.

>>12165

And it smells like used tissues and lotion.
>> No. 12208
File 122629096564.png - (255.97KB, 500x400, 1224886045948.png) [iqdb]
12208
[x] Ask her. If she doesn’t come then it’s her loss.

God damn, this Yukari is downright unfriendly. And fucking terrifying.
>> No. 12209
That was grisly. I feel bad for Rinnosuke now.

[x] Insist she come. After what happened, a drink with good company does wonders.
>> No. 12210
Good lord. Now I seriously dislike Yukari.
>> No. 12211
>>12207
Fable 2? I'm jealous.

[x] Ask her. If she doesn’t come then it’s her loss.
>> No. 12212
File 122630252034.jpg - (446.33KB, 1024x768, 1797956.jpg) [iqdb]
12212
>>12207
[X] Insist she come. After what happened, a drink with good company does wonders.

No, yeah. We all need a good drink, whether the other parties involved know it or not.

Goddamn Harker, my favorite interpretation of Yukari yet: omnipotent, playful, and cruel. Pretty perfect, all things considered.

Delay considered, I pray to the Crawling Chaos you don't pick up a copy of Fallout 3.
>> No. 12218
This is a refreshingly harsh Yukari, but tempered with sadistic playfulness.

It's quite nice.
>> No. 12219
Man, whatever did Mokou do to Yukari?

[ODIN] Insist she come. After what happened, a drink with good company does wonders.
>> No. 12220
[†] Insist she come. After what happened, a drink with good company does wonders.
>> No. 12228
>Man, whatever did Mokou do to Yukari?

Well by the effect it had, I'm guessing the intent was more to terrorize her beau's ex and intimidate you.
>> No. 12230
[] Insist she come. After what happened, a drink with good company does wonders.
>> No. 12233
File 122646221065.jpg - (202.42KB, 465x699, 67326eba69ac43022307cce88fdffd28.jpg) [iqdb]
12233
Damn it all, my productivity has been shot to hell lately. No update tonight, but come hell or high water something shall come tomorrow even if it's just a side story.

Until then, a picture to ruminate over.
>> No. 12234
File 122647094187.jpg - (440.53KB, 1218x1050, 1917262.jpg) [iqdb]
12234
>>12233
That is a bad picture and you should feel bad for posting it.
>> No. 12236
File 122649678918.png - (375.00KB, 812x1034, 1225055431976.png) [iqdb]
12236
>>12234
That is an awesome picture and you should feel awesome for posting it.
>> No. 12237
File 122650038039.jpg - (201.90KB, 1000x1084, 121320808592.jpg) [iqdb]
12237
>>12236

ITT, we post awesome pics until the combined awesomeness of high-class artwork merges into an update.
>> No. 12238
File 122651167736.jpg - (275.35KB, 1000x974, 1717974.jpg) [iqdb]
12238
More from ドMシキングZ
>> No. 12240
File 122652648742.jpg - (198.69KB, 600x337, 1214859757631.jpg) [iqdb]
12240
I've gone through at least a dozen of my favorite pictures now. It's hard to do an image dump when the board doesn't move.
>> No. 12241
File 122653032562.jpg - (48.11KB, 640x720, 122574449583.jpg) [iqdb]
12241
Where there's a will, there's a way.
>> No. 12246
File 122653644189.jpg - (164.29KB, 1169x850, 122512180592.jpg) [iqdb]
12246
To draw you must first open your hand.
You must have a pair of eyes and a little knowledge of your concept.
It is not necessary to have skill, or details.
The essential thing is that I want to draw.
Then this is a picture, I'm drawing.
>> No. 12248
File 122653926564.jpg - (773.52KB, 1000x1059, 1408763.jpg) [iqdb]
12248
>> No. 12251
File 122654597588.jpg - (62.93KB, 720x640, 1225834259817.jpg) [iqdb]
12251
Just a little more! We almost have enough awesome for an update!
>> No. 12252
File 122654935255.jpg - (118.59KB, 695x798, 2023744.jpg) [iqdb]
12252
It's too easy to forget who else was introduced in Imperishable Night outside of the Eientei crew, Keine, and Mokou...
>> No. 12253
File 122654943224.jpg - (223.09KB, 1171x1000, 1860971.jpg) [iqdb]
12253
>>12252
>> No. 12256
File 12265661232.jpg - (126.91KB, 355x378, 0b12600514a2f844f3a12f50458ac176.jpg) [iqdb]
12256
[x] Insist she come. After what happened, a drink with good company does wonders.

Mokou needs, nay, deserves a drink after that. She was the one dismembered, after all.
“Hey, Mokou, we’re going for a drink with a couple from the village. Care to join us?” You ask her, forcing yourself into a cheerful tone.
“Perfect idea, Casey! Come on, you’ll have fun.” Keine says, eyes as blue as ever. Mokou uses the distraction to wiggle out of her grip.
“In the village? I don’t know…” She says while standing up.
“I know you’ll like it, you remember Sen and Miyuki?”
“The chatty brat and his mousy friend? They’re a couple now?”
“Same ones. They began dating a short while back.”
“Good for them. Still, I don’t think I’ll go.”
“Come on, Mokou, it’ll be a blast.” You say to her.
“You’re really keen on getting me to come, huh?” Mokou says while adjusting the ribbon in her silver hair.
“Yes, we are. Please come, Mokou.” Keine fakes a pout and widens her eyes. While the childish expression doesn’t really suit her, it looks adorable.
“No, damn it, you’re not getting me with that one again.” She retorts, closing her eyes and pointing her head away from Keine’s face. The blue one looks to you and shrugs her shoulders. You return the gesture and retrieve Cornelius.
Suddenly, an idea springs forth. You move to Mokou’s right side and signal Keine to move to her left. You gesture to her to take the Silver-Red one’s arm on the count of three. She nods and smiles and you count off with your fingers.

1…2…3!

“What’s up? You guys are being really qui-EH!” Mokou squeaks as the two of you lock arms with her and begin walking.
“Milady, your opinion has been heard, considered, and denied.” You cheerfully say to the surprised woman.
“Sorry, dear, but he’s right. The more, the merrier, yes?” Keine smiles as she helps you tug her friend along.
“Okay, okay, I get it. I’ll come along, just stop pulling. I’d hate to lose my arms so soon after regenerating.” Keine quickly lets go after hearing this.
“Ah, sorry!”
“Keine, I was kidding. Don’t apologize.”
“Right, sor-”
“Hey, hey. Quit it.”
“Okay.”
“So, should we fly there?” Fly? Makes sense, what with this being wizard land after all.
“Ah, good idea. Does that sound good, Casey?”
“I’m game.” You reply
“Alright, let’s go.” Mokou says as she holds your arms in what almost resembles a full nelson. That certainly won’t be comfortable.
“Hey, Mokou? Mind carrying me in a less painful manner?” You say with a slight chuckle.
“Right, my mistake. Not used to holding anyone in a way that doesn’t hurt, you see.” She grabs your midsection. “Better?”
“Much.”
“Well, now that that’s arranged, let’s go.” Keine says while floating upwards. Mokou doesn’t hesitate to follow.

Okay, you’re flying. Nothing special, really. Except for the fact that it’s completely awesome! Holy hell, you’re actually flying under the power of a single person! As in, nothing else! This is, quite literally, a dream come true! You’re trying your damnedest not to giggle or shout, but good god. Flying! Zoom zoom zoom! Wind blowing on your face and all that! You should be feeling much more with the speed you’re going at, but who cares? Mokou seems to catch on to your elation and does a barrel roll. WhoooOOOoooah!
“That’s for keeping my body up.” She explains in your ear. You notice Keine shaking her head with a smile on her face.

Keine and Mokou land in front of the smithy. Thankfully, you were able to keep any shouts under control during the flight. You thank Mokou as she lets you go and hold the door open to let your friends into the building and follow them.

“Hey, Case! Glad to see you made it.” Sen greets you with Miyuki standing beside him.
“Hello, Mister Mills.” The quiet girl speaks before noticing the pair with you. “Oh, Miss Kamishirasawa and Miss Fujiwara! I didn’t know you were going to be here.”
“Yeah, I kind of got volunteered to come.” Mokou says.
“Nice to see you two again. Now, let’s go!” Sen impatiently insists.
“Don’t get hammered. You have work tomorrow.” The father says to his son.
“Right, pops. Now come on!” He shouts as he takes Miyuki’s hand and almost runs out the door. You and the rest follow him to your destination.

Not too far away, you as a group reach a bar. You look at the sign and see the name of it:

Honest John’s

A hand is on the left of it and a clawed one is on the right. Both are giving a thumbs-up. Groovy. Your group enters while Sen rambles on about the great liquor they have at this place.

When you enter, you see it’s relatively empty inside. A handful of patrons are dispersed around the area, but no more. As Sen struts up to the barman, you see a sign behind the counter:

No Tea.

What? Does the guy have some problem with the wonderful brew? Well, it’d be best to let it slide. No use arguing with the ignorance of the owner and you see a reddish-brown stain on one part of the counter. Must be serious about the rule. You all take your seats at the counter, with you between Mokou and Keine and the couple on Keine’s other side. The weathered barman catches your attention with a grunt. When you take a look at him, you see he has a rather wicked-looking scar traveling from the left side of his nose down to his chin.
“What’re ‘ya buyin’?” Scar-Lip’s gravelly voice asks you. Sen orders scotch while Miyuki orders water and Keine asks for a glass of beer while Mokou orders a pint of stout and a few shots of whiskey. You order…

[] Light beer like Keine.
[] Dark beer like Mokou.
[] Liquor like Sen.
[] Water like Miyuki.
[] (Some mixed drink)
[] Tea. What are you going to do about it, barman?

And, in the case you order alcohol…

[] Stop when you feel buzzed. Sen isn’t the only one with work tomorrow.
[] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[] Drink heavily. Seriously, that bout with Yukari left you in need of it.

Just one more…

[] Any specific topic you wish to bring up?
[] Just enjoy your drink.
---

By your awesome combined, I bring you Captain Planet! an update!

>>12252

They were considered, but the idea was scrapped after a bit of thinking before an anon commented on it. Sorry, no Mokou/Wriggle PANTS END.
Or is there?

Also, I've been considering trying out writein-only mode for the rest of the act. Yea or nay?
>> No. 12257
[ODIN] Dark beer & Whiskey like Mokou.
[ODIN] Drink heavily. Seriously, that bout with Yukari left you in need of it.
[ODIN] Just enjoy your drink.

Right-O. Let's demonstrate what we're made of.
>> No. 12258
File 122657002540.gif - (300.65KB, 270x271, 1220558214709.gif) [iqdb]
12258
>No Tea.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
>“What’re ‘ya buyin’?”
RE4 Merchant? Fuck yes, you're the best barkeep ever!

[x] Dark beer & Whiskey like Mokou.
[x] Drink heavily. Seriously, that bout with Yukari left you in need of it.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.

I wonder if alcohol is the trigger for the dapper and polite Dr. Jekyll to become the violent and uncouth Mr. Hyde.
>> No. 12260
[x] Dark beer & Whiskey like Mokou.
[x] Drink heavily. Seriously, that bout with Yukari left you in need of it.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.

This.
>> No. 12261
[x] Light beer like Keine.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.

Drunk is not dapper.
>> No. 12262
[x] Dark beer like Mokou.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.

Oatmeal Stout, if you would. The dapper beer.
>> No. 12263
[x] Light beer like Keine.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.
>> No. 12266
{X} Light beer like Keine.
{X} Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
{X} Just enjoy your drink.
>> No. 12267
[x] Dark beer like Mokou.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.
>> No. 12268
>No Tea.

HA HA HA HA

[x] Pimm's Cup Gin & tonic, on the rocks.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[x] Any specific topic you wish to bring up?
-[x] Complain about Rinnosuke: He seemed an upstanding fellow, but his apparent association with this Yakumo woman changes everything.

The G&T is a gentleman's drink. At home both in the hands of the old farmer after a hard day of work and in hands of the young socialite at a black-tie dinner party, it is timeless and decidedly masculine, without being foppish as most mixed drinks, as pedestrian as beer, or as intemperate as straight liquor.

I think it would be good to be tipsy when we go back to Eientei and candidly ask Reisen if she has any of those Archwood Leanback videos.

>Also, I've been considering trying out writein-only mode for the rest of the act. Yea or nay?

If you think it will make it easier for you to write and speed up the updates, then go for it.
>> No. 12269
[x] Dark beer like Mokou.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.
>> No. 12270
Ooh, I like this.

[x] Pimm's Cup Gin & tonic, on the rocks.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
>> No. 12271
File 122661157131.png - (303.31KB, 704x396, Keine - I dunno (CAVED).png) [iqdb]
12271
>>12256
>The blue one looks to you and shrugs her shoulders.
And then I couldn't stop seeing this picture.
>> No. 12275
[X] Pimm's Cup Gin & tonic, on the rocks.
[X] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[X] Just enjoy your drink.

>I think it would be good to be tipsy when we go back to Eientei and candidly ask Reisen if she has any of those Archwood Leanback videos.

Hell yeah.
>> No. 12284
>>12278

Reported.
>> No. 12293
File 122675177343.gif - (208.64KB, 400x352, MokouxKourin needs more attention.gif) [iqdb]
12293
Amazingly enough, it's not Fable 2 and such that's been delaying me this time.

Some form of fictional written word will come tomorrow. In other news, Blingees are bar none the best way to censor porn.
>> No. 12294
>>12293
Post uncensored.
>> No. 12295
>>12294

Only because you asked so nicely. Go forth to the proper board and it will be so.
>> No. 12297
File 122675771497.jpg - (64.57KB, 600x620, 1217488756134.jpg) [iqdb]
12297
>>12295
Much thanks Harker. In return, some sort of angry cactus monster thing.
>> No. 12298
>>12293

Hooray!
>> No. 12300
>>12297

Groovy, it reminds me of the Cactuar boss in FF8.

Writing now.
>> No. 12302
>>12300
>Writing now

Hoora—

>FF8

...Whatever.
>> No. 12306
>>12302
.....
>> No. 12307
File 122682448082.jpg - (232.57KB, 500x600, desertsclosed.jpg) [iqdb]
12307
>>12297

ITT, cacti.
>> No. 12308
Only trash spews from my mind for now. Will try again when feeling better after some sleep. A thousand apologies.
>> No. 12352
File 122699985282.jpg - (564.45KB, 800x937, 121628788416.jpg) [iqdb]
12352
[x] Dark beer like Mokou.
[x] Drink moderately. You doubt the work will be too hard to do with a hangover.
[x] Just enjoy your drink.

“I believe a stout would be nice right about now.” You tell the barkeep. When it comes to beer, few things can match the flavor of a nice stout. Mokou gives you a nod of approval that you respond to with a thumbs-up. The scarred man fills several glasses with the ordered liquids and sets them before their respective owners.
Sen quickly grabs his tumbler and takes a gulp, only to cough a bit after ingesting the contents. You see tears budding in the corners of his eyes as Miyuki rubs his back and Keine shakes her head at him while Mokou chuckles. How embarrassing.

His coughing fit now ended, Sen proceeds to strike up conversation with Keine. Looks like the former student wants to catch up with his teacher. You, on the other hand, just sit quietly and drink. No need for excess chatter when there’s drinking to be done. Mokou seems to share your sentiment as when you look at her she is doing much the same as you. When you catch her eye, you lift your glass to her and she does the same. As you go to drink yours, she downs the entire glass and knocks back her shot and then orders one more of each. The advantages of having an undying liver, you suppose. As you drink your own at a more conservative pace, you hear this and that from Keine’s conversation. The time when she gave Sen a concussion from headbutting him too hard sounds particularly funny. Pretty soon, you find you have drained your glass and order another. Then another. And another…

After a few hours, you find yourself ravher ratter rather tipsy, if not firmly drunk. Your companions are also in diff varying states of pissed, ranging from completely hammered (Sen) to as sober as… as a… something really sober (Miyuki. She rank water. What’s up with that?). You and your beautiful (they really are) friends are curently laughing at Sen as he triesto walk (seriously, it’s too damn funny. He’s laughing too, so it’s all good, right? Oc course right. His girlfriends supports him while taking him out of the bar and says goodnight to you three. Before that,she pays for the drinks she and her guy had. Cen loudly proclaims something louly, but you couldn’t tell from his slurring. Somefing about manliness and paying. He tries to walk to the counter himself, but falls flat on his face like a jackass. Miki (that’s a good nickname for her) tries to help him stand up, but he starts to weep and pulls her down to him. He then starts talking about how much he loves her. She finally lifts the dude up and leaves.
“Some show. Who’d’ve thought he was such a lightweight.” The crazy fire lady says with a double contraction. That wouldn’t look good written.
“’Sweird.” Her busty blue friend says.
“Well, wanna do anything else?”
“I should get home. Class tomorrow.” Keine says as she stands and wobbles. It shakes her chest in a very nice way.
“You going to be alright?” Mokou asks. Worried.
“I’ll be fine. House isn’t far. Had a great time, Casey. Except for Gap woman. Let’s do this again. If that’s alright with you. Nevermind. You have better things to do than me. See you again. If you want to.” She says as she walks out, looking downcast. She forgot to pay.
“Have no doubt, we will do this again, lovely one!” You shout after her. Did you just call her "lovely one?" Oh well, she still looked back to you and smiled. Scarface looks at you. You say to him you’ll cover her part, but he says e’ll just put it on her tab. Nice guy.
“Well, that’s a shame. How about you? Want to hang out for longer? I’m in a good mood.” She says with an inviting smile. Is she coming on to you? No, yu’re just drunk. You should go back to the Eientei. Or not. She seems like she’s fun to play with. You look at your watch. You’re the Watchman. Who watches you? Right now it’s Mokou, but you imagine a lot of people do day-to-day. Mr. Watchman (that's you) finds the time:

⌛: 8:39 P.M.
Wait, no. It's:
⌛: 7:42 P.M.

Stupid minute hand and hour hand.

[] ____
---

Yeah, sorry for the wait. You know, things. Kind of a weak update to try writein-only mode, but we'll see how it turns out by the end of the week.
>> No. 12353
[X] Ask the fire lady to help with moving back toward the home place, please.

Mostly because I want an excuse to stumble around half-blind and snuggle Yue upon first sight.
>> No. 12354
>You’re the Watchman. Who watches you?

Well played sir, well played.

[ODIN] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.


Can't think of anything better, but Mokou route do want.
>> No. 12355
[ ] Ask the fire lady if she wants to go for a walk

DO WANT mokou route, but I think I'm alone here
>> No. 12356
{X} Ask the fire lady to help with moving back toward the home place, please.
>> No. 12357
[x] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
>> No. 12358
[x] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.

feels good man
>> No. 12361
[†] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
>> No. 12364
[†] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
[ ] No more drinking though

We have work in the morning!
>> No. 12367
This makes sense.

[X] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
[X] No more drinking, though.
>> No. 12372
[X] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
[X] No more drinking though, we have to work in the morning.

Sensibility is dapper.
>> No. 12373
[x] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
[x] No more drinking though.

Harker, this is hands-down the best, best, BEST drunken scene I have ever seen written ever, let alone on these boards. None of that annoying, imaginary s-sounds-becoming-sh crap that is the popular image of drunkenness.

No, you channeled the fucking mindset, and did it beautifully. It's like hearing myself drunk.

Are you perchance a chatty drunk, too, like me? I can never shut the fuck up when I'm tipsy. Things that normally pass through my thoughts now flow freely from my mouth. I suspect having ADD might be related somehow.
>> No. 12374
[X] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.

>>Nevermind. You have better things to do than me.
LIKE HELL WE DO
>> No. 12378
>You have better things to do than me.
Like Kaguya? Or Reisen? Or Eirin? Or both Keine and Eirin?

[X] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
[X] No more drinking though, we have to work in the morning.
>> No. 12379
[z] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.
[e] No more drinking though, we have to work in the morning.
>> No. 12384
>>12374
Yeah does anyone else think Kiene would have rather talked to Casey than Ren? She seems a bit disappointed her quiet little drink with him didn't happen.
>> No. 12385
>>12384
This is a mistake that should be rectified.

(incidentally, Keine is why I wanted to order something light)
>> No. 12395
>>12373

On the rare occasion when I hit the sauce, I am indeed one garrulous motherfucker.

Writing now. Let's see how the drunken narrative goes while I'm fully awake.
>> No. 12412
>>12395
Hooray!
>> No. 12424
>>12395
HA!

I knew it.
>> No. 12428
...Or not. Something kind of came up yesterday. Shooting for an update before today becomes tomorrow.
>> No. 12434
>>12433

Spambots sure love /eientei/ for some reason.
>> No. 12435
>>12434

It's because of Reisen's sex appeal.

Useless bunny.
>> No. 12471
File 122742738520.jpg - (497.07KB, 1400x1050, 1190941093144.jpg) [iqdb]
12471
[X] T'would be rude to say no to a nice gal like Mokou. As a gentleman you're obliged to hang out a while longer.

How could you turn up down a face like that? Those crimson eyes, those thin lips (Why do they look so cute?), the modest bulges under her shirt, and the-
“Hey, you still with me here?” Mokou interrupts your flirty thoughts. She waves her hand in your face like they do in the movies.
“Yes, right, sounds fun. Let’s do it, my good lady. Oh, I shouldn’t drink more. Work at the Eientei tomorrow.”
“That’s alright, I’m not too keen on blacking out drunk, anyway. Easier for Kaguya’s surprise attack, you know?”
“Totally. Any designs on what to do?” A night walk would be bitchin’ right now. All looking at the moon and walking romantic-like (where did that come from?). Would Mokou like moon gazing? You bet she would.
“I was thinking: you haven’t seen a danmaku duel, right?”
“Not properly.” Getting you ass blasted doesn’t count. Or does it? If it does, you lost horribly.
“Well then, you’re about to! I know just the person to go to, too!” If there were two people she’d have used the three forms of that word sound. In English, anyway. How does that Gap mean person do that? If only she’d widen the gap between you and her (Man that was clever! You’re totally going to remember that one). Wait, who?
“Guya-Guya?” Mouko's eyebrow gts raised when she laughs a little bit.
“Good idea, but no. That’s in a couple nights and it’s not exactly danmaku we do. I’m talking about that bug girl. You know, when you explained cricket to her and the bird?”
“Oh, the antenna girl! Capital idea, my lovely young lady.” Mokou blushes some. Must be the alcohol.
“Awesome, let’s go. I’ll carry you like last time.” Mokou pulls you by the arm. Out the door? Wait, you stop her and pay the man. He chuckles a creepy chuckle and thanks you. Nice guy, but weird. Soon Mokou has you in the air and flying yet again.

Thought the rush of flying would get old? Silly goose, it’s still awesome! It also seems to have the added effect of sobering you up (what with the defying physics and cold wind rushing against you). It’s not like you were totally blitzed, anyway. By the time Mokou lands at a stall in the other forest, you’re back to normal and a wee bit embarrassed. You had completely forgotten how amorous you get when drunk. Thank God you didn’t get totally smashed or you’d have been in complete Don Juan mode.

As you and Mokou walk up to the stall that smells of seafood, you see the familiar shapes of Wriggle and Mystia outside and inside the stall, respectively. They are chatting about this and that when you reach them and Mystia is the first to greet you.
“Oh, hello, Mokou~”
“Yo, Misty. What’s up, Wriggle?”
“Oh, hey. What brings you here?”
“Well, aside from checking up on you two hooligans, I thought I’d give Casey here his first real show of danmaku. How about it, Wriggle?”
“Eh? Me? But I-” Mokou interrupts her.
“You have plenty of showy spellcards. Now come on; whip one out and let’s go!” Mokou says as she rises into the air. Wriggle follows right behind her with a slight smile on her face. Mokou inclines her head to Wriggle and she nods in response. The green one raises a card before herself and declares loudly:
“Firefly Sign 「 Comet on Earth 」!” A torrent of bright orbs fly out in front of her. This is sure to be interesting.

After about half an hour of spells, declarations, and dodging you are thoroughly impressed. Mystia filled you in on the rules of danmaku as you watched. What really amazes you is how the bullets they shoot don’t go on to strike the surroundings, instead dissipating once they reach the limit of some pre-defined firing area. According to the feathered one, this entire thing is highly ritualized.
“Forgiveness 「Honest Man's Death」!" Mokou’s voice rings out.
“Well, that should be it.” Mystia comments. Wriggle valiantly tries to avoid the bullets, but ends up getting caught square in the chest with a stray one. You’d think that such a lithe frame would help with dodging, but it didn’t seem to help her this time. Wriggle seems to explode in a rainbow of color, but Mokou floats to the center of it. Out from the cloud come the two manly-fashioned ladies. Mokou has her arm around Wriggles neck in a friendly manner.
“Nice job, you lasted until Honest Man’s Death this time.”
“Thanks, I’ve been training. So, what did Mister Bigshot think of our performance?” Wriggle asks as she looks to you.
“Honestly, it was quite amazing. What I had seen before tonight was nothing compared to what I just witnessed.”
“Well, you clearly have good taste, human.” Wriggle says with a smile. There’s something creepy about that.
“Try to remember that it’s his good taste and not that he tastes good, eh?” Mokou playfully ribs the girl.
“Right, right. So, I know that you’re a real insomniac, Mokou, but what about your friend here?”
“Oh yeah, you got work to do, right? Guess you should be getting back.” As much as you’d like to say otherwise, you must indeed work tomorrow. After saying goodbye, Mokou lifts you to the sky again and flies you to Eientei.

Mokou lands just outside the perimeter of Eientei’s front garden.
“You wouldn’t believe the shit fit Kaguya would throw if I landed inside. Well, see you Casey. Let’s do this again sometime.”
“But, of course. See you again, Mokou.” You say while waving. Mokou begins to leave, but stops.
“Oh yeah, that flirting thing?” Oh hell.
“Yes?”
“Do you always get like that when you’re drunk?”
“Usually, yes. Why do you ask?”
“Just wondering. See ‘ya.” Mokou says while walking off. You swear you hear her chucking. Ugh, you had kind of hoped she’d let it slide. You walk to the front door of Eientei, feeling like your face is as red as Mokou’s pants. After a short bit of walking, you find yourself in the room you have briefly taken as your own. You set your things down on the table, including the weird mask. What is up with this thing? If you were in some sort of story, you’d expect it to be a badly constructed plot point. Placing your hand on the red “mouth,” you almost feel the urge to put it on. Hell, it’s a mask, after all, and masks are made to be worn. Years of watching movies have told you that that would be either a supremely bad idea or a super special awesome idea. Of course, you could just go to sleep and ignore the entire thing. You could even walk around Eientei and see if anyone is up (but who would be at this hour?). If you do decide to do something before bed, you feel like it’d be the last thing you could do without feeling drained tomorrow.

What to do?
---

Looks like I missed clean. Damn.
>> No. 12472
[X] Put on the mask.
>> No. 12473
[X] Do the responsible thing and go to sleep. The investigation of strange masks can wait until the breaking of daylight.
>> No. 12474
[X] Walk the parapets.

Random encounters are heart.
>> No. 12475
{X} Go to sleep.
>> No. 12476
[X] Do the responsible thing and go to sleep. The investigation of strange masks can wait until the breaking of daylight.
>> No. 12479
[x] Go to sleep. Dream of devouring all.
>> No. 12480
[x] Do the responsible thing and go to sleep. The investigation of strange masks can wait until the breaking of daylight.
>> No. 12483
[X] Put on the mask.

Inb4 Casey kills everyoneecomes a super hero
>> No. 12488
File 122747495575.jpg - (715.44KB, 1575x1575, Mask front-L.jpg) [iqdb]
12488
[x] Do the sleep thing and go to daylight. The breaking of masks can wait until masks masks masks masks.
>> No. 12490
[X] Mani Mani is Mani Mani at Mani Mani with all Mani Mani Mani.
>> No. 12491
[x] If you stay here too long, you'll melt your brain. No, you will. Yes, you won't Yesno, you willwon't.
>> No. 12494
File 122749108680.jpg - (155.19KB, 1020x1400, moonside.jpg) [iqdb]
12494
>> No. 12504
File 122752084020.jpg - (68.84KB, 434x651, kcmills.jpg) [iqdb]
12504
>>12483
Pic related.
>> No. 12508
Called and writing.
>> No. 12511
Hooray!
>> No. 12518
[X] Do the responsible thing and go to sleep. The investigation of strange masks can wait until the breaking of daylight.

Bah, what’s wrong with you? This entire thing is becoming very silly. You’ll still have the mask tomorrow and it’s getting late. The investigation can wait until the breaking of daylight. For now, you undress and go to bed.

Really, getting all worked up over a mask you saw in your dreams. Next thing you know you’ll start avoiding Keine for such a reason. Lord knows you wouldn’t want that. She’s such a nice woman and that Mokou isn’t too bad herself. Keine seemed a bit down, but there’s not much you can do about it right now. Maybe next time you hang out will be better for her…

You drift off to sleep while thinking of the next time you might play around with the group from the village.

Day Three: Done.

Physical state: Good
Mental state: Sober



“Mister? Mister! Wake up!” A childish voice wakes you from a dreamless sleep.
“Muh…” You groan at whoever it is. Your head feels like pure and total crap while your stomach is feeling rebellious.
“Mister, Miss Eirin told me to give this to you.” You open your eyes and see a little rabbit boy holding a small tray with a glass of water and a pill.
“Whuzz-” You clear your throat, “What is it?”
“She said it’d make your head feel not so huge.” How did she know? A rabbit probably saw you last night or something.
“Uh, thanks. What’s your name, kid?”
“Negi.”
“Thanks, Negi.” You say as you take the glass and the pill.
“Hey, um…”
“Yes?”
“You’re Yue’s friend, right?”
“Indeed I am. Why do you ask?” You down the pill, already starting to feel better. You notice him shuffling side to side a bit.
“No reason. Bye now.” He smiles as he hurries away, bare feet slapping against the hardwood floor. Cute kid. A bit odd, but cute nonetheless. Strange how he’s the first boy you’ve seen at Eientei. There must be more.

Well, you have the entire day ahead of you. As of right now you could saunter over to the dining room for breakfast, pop in Eirin’s office to see what you’re scheduled to do today, or take a walk around the grounds. Seems you’re only limited to your imagination right now.

What to do?
---

Here I was thinking this would be a quick update. Silly me.
>> No. 12519
{X} Go to Eirin's office to see what work you've got lined up.

Once we know that it'll be easier to schedule the rest of the day~
>> No. 12520
[X] Go to Eirin's office to see what work you've got lined up.

Sounds good, but... can't help feeling like something's missing... ah!

[⌚] Check the time.

Of course.
>> No. 12521
[X] Check the time.
[X] Go to Eirin's office to see what work you've got lined up.
>> No. 12522
[X] Check the time.
[X] Go to Eirin's office to see what work you've got lined up.

It's time to get to work~
>> No. 12524
[x] Go to Eirin's office to see what work you've got lined up.
[x] Can't help feeling like something's missing... ah!
[⌚] Check the time.

[x] If you see Reisen before or during your visit, see if she wants to join you for breakfast afterwards.
>> No. 12526
>Negi
It carries out and is w.

Dunno what to do, will wait for a clever wandbagon to join.
>> No. 12527
File 122774643160.jpg - (9.11KB, 155x176, Takamichi_T_Takahata.jpg) [iqdb]
12527
[x] Go to Eirin's office to see what work you've got lined up.
[⌚] Check the time.

[x] If you see Reisen before or during your visit, see if she wants to join you for breakfast afterwards.


>Negi

>Strange how he’s the first boy you’ve seen at Eientei. There must be more.

For some reason, I doubt that there are any more. Unless....Nah. That would never happen. Right?
>> No. 12531
[X] Check the time.
[x] Wander the grounds.

I needs me some Kaguya. Everybody else can go to hell.
>> No. 12539
Well, that was a refreshing break (as impromptu as it was). Writing now.
>> No. 12542
Hooray!
>> No. 12543
File 122803795180.jpg - (156.04KB, 448x568, 69e1d1b618528b0fe42291e0579f2a56.jpg) [iqdb]
12543
[x] Go to Eirin's office to see what work you've got lined up.
[⌚] Check the time.

Right, first things first: check with the boss woman. Can’t go gallivanting about while ignoring your work, now can you? Well, you could, but it’d at least be nice to know what you’d be not doing. Right then, after a few moments you’re dressed and ready to go with a clear head. Well, except for one thing. You slip ‘ol Cornelius into the proper place in your belt before exiting the room. With people that can teleport you without a second thought roaming about, one can’t be too careful, no? Thusly armed, you make your way to the two-tone woman’s office.

“Good morning, Casey.” Eirin greets you from her desk as you enter.
“Good morning, Miss Eirin. I take it the day finds you well?”
“That it does. And you? I hope my medication helped.”
“Indeed it did. My head almost feels more clear than normal, if that makes any sense.”
“Well, I had intended it as a supplement to let one experience nirvana, so that makes sense.” What.
“Nirvana?” You ask in a flat tone.
“Yes, nirvana. I found it was better suited as a pain reliever, though.”
“I see. ‘Transcend the pain with Eirincorp brand pain pills.’”
“Something like that. Now, I assume the purpose of your visit is for more than a chat, yes?” Eirin abruptly states.
“Indeed. I came so as to know what my work schedule is for today; the chat is just a bonus.”
“Ever the charmer, hm? Today I had scheduled for you to clean some dirty lab equipment, trim a few errant bushes in the garden, and to go to the nearby village and order a new set of arrows.” She recalls off the top of her head.
“Is that all?”
“For today, yes. Be sure to report to either Udonge or myself when you are finished. Oh, I had almost forgotten!” Eirin says as she rises from her seat. She strolls over to a shelf on the other side of the room and takes the guns you had left with her yesterday out.
“Ah, yes, those. I was hoping a genius such as yourself could help identify them.”
“Udonge told me as much. She told you about the ‘Godkiller,’ yes?” Eirin says as she places the guns on her desk and her posterior in her seat, flipping her long, silver braid over her shoulder.
“Yes, she was quite animated about it.”
“Then I won’t go further on about it than saying it’s a very high quality reproduction.”
“And the other?”
“Well, it is an interesting little weapon, to be sure. It happens to be an item from where Udonge, the Princess, and I originally came from and was distributed to the nobility in times of war.”
“Really?”
“Yes, you can imagine my surprise to find this here. The quality is also quite odd. It might even be fine enough to be on par with mother’s…” Eirin almost mumbles the last part.
“I’m sorry?”
“Ah, nothing. Nevermind that. Continuing, these guns are made to be able to fire any metallic object placed in the barrel. That’s why it is so wide, if you had not noticed.” You hadn’t. Taking a better look, you see the barrel is about as wide as a large coin. If you were able to free it from the handle, you could probably fit your knife blade in there.
“That’s quite the neat pistol.” Eirin scoffs.
“I suppose. I prefer the bow and arrow over something as silly as a gun.”
“Oh?”
“Archery requires grace, poise, and a strong arm. Any thug or fool could take a pistol and kill someone.” Eirin almost rants. “If you plan to use projectiles, I strongly advise you take up the bow. It’s far more suited to a gentleman.” She holds her finger up to you as she says this, almost looking like a mother advising her child.
“I see you have strong opinions on the subject.” You chuckle. Eirin lets out a laugh to match yours.
“Yes, I have a great love of archery. Well, I suppose I shouldn’t keep you. I’m sure you have plenty of other things you wish to do before work.” The good doctor says after looking at a clock on the wall.
“Perhaps…” You trail off as you check your watch (you trust it more than the unknown timepiece on the wall).

⌛: 6:09 a.m.

Choices, choices. You could continue talking with Eirin, but what would you chat about? You’re also feeling a bit hungry, so breakfast wouldn’t be entirely out of order. You could also skip breakfast and just start your assigned work.

What to do?
>> No. 12544
[X]Something feels off, Hmmmh,
[X]Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and A nice cuppa.
>> No. 12546
[X]Something feels off, Hmmmh,
[X]Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and A nice cuppa.

Reisen-chaaaaan~<3
>> No. 12547
[x] Something feels off, Hmmmh,
[x] Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and A nice cuppa.

must tea
>> No. 12548
[X]Something feels off, Hmmmh,
[X]Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and A nice cuppa.

TEA FOR THE TEA GODS
>> No. 12549
{X} Something feels off, hmmmh...
{X} Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and a nice cuppa.
>> No. 12550
{X} Something feels off, hmmmh...
{X} Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and a nice cuppa.
>> No. 12551
[x] Something feels off, hmmmh...
[x] Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and a nice cuppa.

Looks like the coilgun was what we expected it to be, though it is strange it came also from a Lunarian source.

>you see the barrel is about as wide as a large coin

Do we have any coins? If so, I can't think of a more readily available source of ammunition.
>> No. 12552
[X] Something feels off, hmmmh...
[X] Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and a nice cuppa.

>Do we have any coins?
gb2/shrine/, Roa.
>> No. 12586
[ODIN] Something feels off, hmmmh...
[ODIN] Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and a nice cuppa.

A gentleman can't start the day without tea.
>> No. 12605
[X] Something feels off, hmmmh...
[X] Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and a nice cuppa.
>> No. 12626
File 122837964596.jpg - (207.06KB, 831x1000, 1df2f031c3e709a8d3871925fe29b89c.jpg) [iqdb]
12626
Well, I'm afraid I must apologize for the recent and upcoming lack of updates. The session draws to a close and I'm frantically trying to un-fuck my academic situation. Expect the next few weeks to be rather spotty, but after that things will be back to normal (once-a-day normal, not once-or-twice-a-week normal).

For now, delicious abs. Almost makes you want to put your mouth on her belly and make fart noises, huh?

>>12552

Only God knows what happens when dapper meets fabulous. Dabulous? Perhaps fapper?
>> No. 12628
>>12626

Hooray!
>> No. 12629
>>12626
>Almost makes you want to put your mouth on her belly and make fart noises, huh?
...now that you mention it, yes. Yes, indeed. In the meantime, though, speaking of "fapper"...
>> No. 12630
>>12626
Mokou AND glasses?

Holy dicks. brb fappan
>> No. 12638
Cowardly stealth-bumper, show yourself!
>> No. 12650
>(once-a-day normal, not once-or-twice-a-week normal)

"Once or twice a week" would seem to be an excessively optimistic estimation.
>> No. 12652
>>12650

I know, right? When I said updates would be "spotty" I didn't mean "nonexistent," yet lo and behold here we are with a fair chunk of time since the last update. If you could bear with me for just a little while longer I'll make it worth the wait.

tl;dr: orz
>> No. 12653
>>12652

Could be worse. You could be QWL.
>> No. 12671
>>12653
Could be even more worse.

Could be THE GAME
>> No. 12709
c:/run update.exe
>> No. 12731
>>12709

bad command or file name
>> No. 12735
Well, that was a jolly good waste of time and effort. At least I can return to the fun side of the island.

Update and a couple bonus things for being such good sports are being written now.
>> No. 12741
>>12735
Hooray!
>> No. 12744
File 122976485755.jpg - (400.42KB, 1635x1200, LIAR.jpg) [iqdb]
12744
>> No. 12745
File 122977043668.png - (22.62KB, 336x336, AwesomeWapanese.png) [iqdb]
12745
>>12744

It's taking me a bit to get back into the swing of this after the dry spell. I don't know how it is for other writers, but academic writing is quite good at killing my creativity. At the very least all three items I intend to write (update plus two other things) shall be done before the end of the weekend (some kind of double end).

Of course, I am known as a lie juice maker.
>> No. 12750
>>12744
That looks so wrong to see it in English.
>> No. 12755
Lie Juice? I liked it better when it was called Usoda.
>> No. 12759
File 123010625022.jpg - (375.15KB, 502x930, usoda.jpg) [iqdb]
12759
>>12755
Usoda™ Lie Juice. Delicious and refreshing!
>> No. 12760
[X]Something feels off, Hmmmh,
[X]Tea! That's the problem, go have breakfast and A nice cuppa.

“Right then, I’ll be off now. Good day, Madam Yagokoro.” You say as you pocket your watch.
“Good day, Casey. Oh, if you see Udonge, would you be so kind as to tell her I request her presence after breakfast?”
“I’ll be sure to.” You say as you make for the door.
“You have my thanks. Now, go grab something to eat, yes?” You simply give her a smile and nod as you exit the office. Well now, a nice breakfast prepared by the kind Miss Reisen sounds like just the thing right now. Of course, that itself doesn’t seem quite right. Something feels…off. Whatever could it be? After half a moment of contemplation, it hits you: Tea! Nothing tops off the broken fast like a nice cuppa. With this in mind, you set off to the food-time place.

As you pass through the kitchen entrance, you see an interesting sight. Amongst the set of rabbits cooking what looks to be piles of waffles is Reisen standing in the center, mixing something in a large bowl. While that in and of itself is nothing too odd, the fact that Tewi is hanging on her with arms around her neck and one leg on her shoulder is. Huh.
“Tewi, quit it! It’s really hard to stir like this.”
“It’s skinship, Reisen, skinship!” Tewi proclaims as she rubs her cheek on Reisen’s.
“Sto-that tickles!”
“Come on, we may as well be sisters, right Little Sis? So do as your older sister says!” Tewi says matter-of-factly as Reisen giggles.
“Older sister, huh? That’s funny coming from the one who just plays all day.” Reisen says in an amused tone. Tewi begins to respond, but notices your presence in the kitchen. A silly grin spreads across her face as she motions for you to come closer.

…Well, why the hell not? You move closer to her as Reisen continues to speak.
“You certainly quieted down quick there, Tewi. Don’t bother trying anything sneaky, you know these ears aren’t just for show.”
“Sneaky? Me? I was just thinking: if you’re gonna complain about me getting’ all close,” Tewi shifts herself so only one of her arms is around Reisen’s neck with the other reaching for you, “then how about him!” She finishes by pushing your face against Reisen’s, electing a surprised yelp from the woman and a strange light from her eyes. Goodness, those are red. She really should sleep mo-oh wait, that wouldn’t effect the sclera, would it? Guess her eyes are just a vibrant shade of ruby red. Pretty too. The two of you try to pull away from Tewi’s grasp, but the little minx is much stronger than she looks. After a moment, Reisen gives up and gives you a simple greeting.
“…Good morning, KC.”
“Morning, Reisen.”
“You need to shave.”
“Yes, yes I do.”
“Well, once Tewi sees fit to release us, the waffles should be done soon.”
“Groovy.” Further conversation is interrupted by an aggravated groan from Tewi.
“You guys are boring! Get flustered, slap him and call him a pervert, something! Bah, I’m tired of this room and everybody in it!” Tewi says as she hops off Reisen and scurries out the kitchen door. Well, that was interesting. You look over to Reisen who just sighs.
“This happen often?”
“More or less. You get used to it.”
“I see.”
“Not the half of it, believe me. She always gets like this when she reads those comics from outside.”
“I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.”
“It’d be wise to, especially when she’s reading comedy. Now, if you would please find a seat in the dining room, breakfast should be served soon.”
“Right, see you there.” You exit the kitchen, only realizing that you had forgotten about the tea after you exited. Damn.

Now in the dining room, you notice the atmosphere is more…formal? Would that be the right word? It certainly isn’t as casual as yesterday, that is for sure. Scanning the large table, you see the cause: little Princess Kaguya is seated at the far side on the “base” of the flask-shaped table sipping at a cup of tea (the pot and two spare cups in front of her give away the nature of her drink). Seeing that the one beside her seems to be the only one unclaimed (with all the others having some sort of item on the cushion), you sit next to her and give a cheerful greeting.
“Good morning Princess. Does the day find you well?”
“Good morning and I’m fine.” She quickly responds. Huh, you expected a longer answer. Perhaps she isn’t a morning person? Before you can inquire further, Reisen and the group of rabbits from the kitchen enters with platters of waffles with a couple of the smaller ones carrying butter and syrup (you notice Kaguya’s eyes light up when she sees them). After everyone begins to load up their plates with waffles, Reisen takes a seat beside you, gives you and the Princess a smile, and serves herself. Well, nothing to do now but dig in.

After everyone began to eat, the conversations soon started and the relaxed atmosphere from the other day returned (aside from Kaguya, who seems to be enjoying her waffles far too much to bother her). In the mood of things, Reisen turns to you and begins to speak.
“So, how was your day yesterday? We didn’t get a chance to see you at dinner.”
“Well…” You begin to speak, but you’re not too what events from yesterday you should mention. Should you bring up meeting with Keine and Mokou and drinking with them? You might get sucked in to their odd games if Kaguya overhears it. For that matter, should you bring up the meeting with that woman Yukari? The random-as-hell meeting with the gardener (seriously, what were the odds of that?)?

You fill her in on…

---

All that time with only this to show for it. Was it worth it? You tell me, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

The bonus stuff I had foolishly planned will have to wait a little bit longer, however.
>> No. 12761
What? What? Are we making a choice here?

Okay.

[X] This is a new day. Days are...days are green.
[X] Green. Vibrant green, a beautiful green, like tended grass.
[X] Gardener. Right. We met a gardener, didn't we? That was interesting.
[X] I wonder if they'll find it interesting, as well?
>> No. 12763
[ ] Fill her in on pretty much everything that happened yesterday so long as she's interested. Yukari, Mokou and Kiene etc.


Kaguya might actually start paying attention to KC if he mentions crazy fire lady a bit and I think mentioning Yukari might be a good idea, for the sympathy points if nothing else.
>> No. 12765
[x] Fill her in on pretty much everything that happened yesterday so long as she's interested. Yukari, Mokou and Keine etc.

Seconding for this reason:
>Kaguya might actually start paying attention to KC if he mentions crazy fire lady

And goddamn Scorn, it's "K-E-I-N-E"
>> No. 12766
[ODIN] Fill her in on pretty much everything that happened yesterday so long as she's interested. Yukari, Mokou and Keine etc.

Let us regale the princess with tales of derring-do. Or at least with tales of grisly dismemberment.
>> No. 12773
[x] Fill her in on pretty much everything that happened yesterday so long as she's interested. Yukari, Mokou and Keine etc.
[⌚] Check the time.

>>12759
>The soft drink with an unbelievable taste!™
Fixed
>> No. 12784
>>12773

I knew I was forgetting something.

Amending: [⌚] Check the time.
>> No. 12788
Merry Christmas, Harker!
>> No. 12823
Needs updates.
>> No. 12873
>>12823

Working on it now.

>>12788

A (belated) Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you as well.
>> No. 12886
>>12873

Hooray!
>> No. 12941
WHERE ARE THE UPDATES HARKER?
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE UPDATES
>> No. 12989
[x] Fill her in on pretty much everything that happened yesterday so long as she's interested. Yukari, Mokou and Keine etc.

“Well, let’s see…” You proceed to fill her in on pretty much everything that happened yesterday since she's interested. The meeting with the gardener girl, relaxing with Keine, all that good stuff. You notice the Princess begins to eat her meal with less fervor as you get to the part where you met with Mokou at her stall and Reisen visibly grimaces as you recall for her the encounter with Yukari.
“Wow, I had no idea that Yakumo woman was so…fierce. She certainly didn’t seem that way the times I met her.”
“Oh? You have met?” Perhaps Yukari just likes to grill newcomers to Gensokyo? You do remember something being said about Reisen being from elsewhere.
“Yes, twice as a matter of fact. Both times she was more…” Reisen trails off as she tries to think of the right word.
“Flighty?”
“Yes, that sounds right. I can’t help but feel sorry for whoever the genitalia belonged to.”
“I know; poor chap gets neutered so she can make a point. The dismemberment of Miss Mokou was immensely off-putting as well.” You hear a slight giggle from the princess, but you ignore it for now.
“I imagine it was even more so for Miss Kamishirasawa.”
“It certainly looked that way. I’m just glad we got the chance to calm our frayed nerves after that. Ah, but look at me prattle on. How did you fare yesterday?"
“Ah, me? Well, when we finished with the laundry, I did a few more chores and worked with Master in the lab. It was nothing special but, you know, I’m pretty glad about that. That kind of excitement is a bit too much for me.”
“While I would argue about referring to being an apprentice to a genius doctor as ‘nothing special,’ I concur. If Miss Yakumo never took interest in me again I would raise no objection.”
“After such a first meeting I’m not surprised.” Reisen states as she finishes eating.
“Quite. Oh, by the way, Madam Eirin said she wanted to see you after breakfast.” You say as you notice her now empty plate.
“Oh? I suppose I can leave the dishes to the other rabbits this time. Thank you for the chat, KC. It was a pleasure.”
“The pleasure was all mine, Miss Bunny. See you around.”
“See you.” She departs with a smile. Such a happy woman, her.
“So, friends with little Mokou, are you?” The regal voice of the Princess catches your attention.
“Seems so. She told me of your history together.”
“I see. Well, since you have become such good friends, would you care to join me for dinner in private tonight? I have something I wish to tell you.” Oh ho?
“Well, milady, I can’t in good conscience turn down such an invitation, now can I? At what time would you wish to meet?”
“Oh, do not worry; I will send an Inaba to find you when I wish for your presence. Until then, good day Mister Mills.”
“Good day Princess.” You give as your goodbye as she rises and leaves the room.
“By the way, feel free to help yourself to the leftover tea in the pot. There should be at least another cup or so left in there.”
“Ah, thank you.” She responds with a dispassionate wave as she exits. Well, now that you are left to your own devices, you finish your food and dust off the tea. You attempt to help with the dishes, but a huffy-looking rabbit dissuades you. She says something about guests shouldn’t work as she ushers you out of the dining room and shuts the door.

Well, now what?
---

Happy New Year.
>> No. 12992
Happy New Year Harker.

[X] Check the time.
[X] As the good doctor hassles away with miss Reisen, perhaps you could spend some time with your friend Yue?

Eh, got nothing, really. Waiting for something more interesting.
>> No. 13003
[X] Check the time.
[X] As the good doctor hassles away with miss Reisen, perhaps you could spend some time with your friend Yue?


This will do, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Keine again during this day.
>> No. 13010
[X] Check the time.
[X] As the good doctor hassles away with miss Reisen, perhaps you could spend some time with your friend Yue?
>> No. 13016
>“Ever the charmer, hm? Today I had scheduled for you to clean some dirty lab equipment, trim a few errant bushes in the garden, and to go to the nearby village and order a new set of arrows.” She recalls off the top of her head.

[x] Check the time.
[x] Go to the nearby village and see the local fletcher about ordering some arrows for Eirin. [x] Bring Yue with you, as a guide.
>> No. 13030
File 123086042444.jpg - (356.85KB, 1243x900, 4f030d04dd04b0a9d5210ed4feed52d9.jpg) [iqdb]
13030
He wakes with a start. Oh dear, he seems to have been dozing off on the job again. She’ll definitely not care for that and if she tells her he’ll be due for another annoying round of her teasing (really, can’t the woman just let things drop without talking his ear off?). Besides, it’s not his fault he fell asleep, this latest case has been keeping him up to all hours of the night trying to get it finished! There’s only so much tea and coffee in the world and he hardly has access to a fraction of it!

…Well, maybe “case” isn’t quite the proper word for it, but whatever makes him feel better about himself, you know? Officially he’s the owner of a “Supernatural Investigation Agency,” but lately it’s been more of a “Odd Jobs Crew.” Oh, how Poor Leno’s has fallen. But, there’s no use whining about it. Especially with his head on his work desk and drool seeping from his mouth. Really, if either of his partners saw him like this they’d give him the third degree for sure. “Oh, Mills, how unbecoming” this and “So much for being dapper” that. Never again, he assures himself. They won’t catch ol’ Case sleeping on the job this time! This lost cat won’t find itself! All he has to do is lift his head from the desk and get right back to work!

Or daydream in a sleepy haze. That works too. The drowsy Mister Mills does just that after he labors to sit up straight. With his eyes roaming about his office/bedroom, he decides to rest his gaze on his desktop calendar (One of those rip-the-day ones. He always thought those were cool).

1923
December
31st

He takes a gander at the grandfather clock in the corner and notices the hour hand having a friendly meeting with the twelve on its face. Well, since it’s far too dark to be afternoon (and he remembers eating a delicious sandwich at one p.m. for lunch), he reaches out and rips the slip of paper from its housing, thus revealing the proper date of January 1st. Happy New Year. Surely right now his friends are utterly pissed with whoever they decided to spend the eve of the new year with. Well, except for Yue, but she’s under the minimum age to drink and neither he nor his folks will put up with his youngest sister drinking. At least they raised her right. Him and his other sister not so much, but third time’s a charm, eh?

The sound of the phone ringing, however, interrupts his musing. Well, it certainly can’t be a client and Yue already called him a few hours ago, so it must be one of his partners. Lifting the receiver to his ear after finally finding the phone under some errant paperwork, the feminine voice wishing him a happy new year confirms his suspicions. After replying in kind and exchanging the usual small talk, he hangs up so she can return to her revelry.

Surprisingly (or not) seconds after he places it in the jack, the phone rings again. This time the voice on the other end is his other partner and brings the same well wishes for the new year. Also the same as the other, he responds in kind and talks a bit. As he’s about to hang up, she tosses in a warning to stop sleeping on the job and cuts the line before he can respond. That woman, always a step ahead. Despite himself, he chuckles at her ability to predict him. In spite of his lack of connection to his parents, he certainly can’t say he’s alone in this world. In fact he wouldn’t have gotten nearly this far without those two. It always brings a smile to his face whenever he thinks of…

Pick two

[] The teacher Keine Kamishirasawa. Ever since they met when she helped tutor Yue, the two of them have been good friends.
[] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.
[] The alchemist Eirin Yagokoro. A chance meeting in a café brought the two together and they couldn’t be happier.
[] The noblewoman Kaguya Houraisan. A little kindness went a long way as what started as a debt of gratitude became a close friendship.
[] The con artist Tewi Inaba. She intended for him to be her patsy, but she just didn’t have the heart to do it and befriended him instead.

---

A little something I've been itching to write for a long while now. Shooting to make it different from RAN/BKC/Noir/what-have-you, but we'll see. At worst it'll fail and I'll take my negro ass back to only writing CUtMaS.

The main update may or may not come later if that 3:1 majority holds.
>> No. 13033
[x] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[x] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.

GRIT BABY. GRIT.
>> No. 13034
[x] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[x] The con artist Tewi Inaba. She intended for him to be her patsy, but she just didn’t have the heart to do it and befriended him instead.
>> No. 13043
[x] The noblewoman Kaguya Houraisan. A little kindness went a long way as what started as a debt of gratitude became a close friendship.
[x] The con artist Tewi Inaba. She intended for him to be her patsy, but she just didn’t have the heart to do it and befriended him instead.

If their personalities are anywhere similar to how they're portrayed in CUtMaS then I know I'll like these two the most.
>> No. 13044
[x] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.
[x] The con artist Tewi Inaba. She intended for him to be her patsy, but she just didn’t have the heart to do it and befriended him instead.
>> No. 13047
[x] Check the time.
[x] Go to the nearby village and see the local fletcher about ordering some arrows for Eirin.
[x] Bring Yue with you, as a guide.
and
[x] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[x] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.
>> No. 13048
[x] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[x] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.
>> No. 13053
File 123088265266.jpg - (102.62KB, 740x1000, 1219892599772.jpg) [iqdb]
13053
[x] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.
[x] The con artist Tewi Inaba. She intended for him to be her patsy, but she just didn’t have the heart to do it and befriended him instead.
>> No. 13054
[X] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[X] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.

Two stories updating in the same thread? This shit will never work.
>> No. 13055
[†] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[†] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.
>> No. 13056
{X} The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
{X} The con artist Tewi Inaba. She intended for him to be her patsy, but she just didn’t have the heart to do it and befriended him instead.
>> No. 13067
File 123091571741.jpg - (138.94KB, 1000x1059, 122653926564.jpg) [iqdb]
13067
[] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.

[] The noblewoman Kaguya Houraisan. A little kindness went a long way as what started as a debt of gratitude became a close friendship.

Gunfighter and social connections, plus double sexy on top of that should the need arise, hopefully we can bring the rest to the table.

Mokou = Why are you bringing a fist to a gun fight?

Keine = Unless there are puzzles to be solved, ones that involve a deeper knowledge of history, then I don't know what she can bring to the table.

Tewi = A tough call, but maybe Casey can fill the role of locksmith etc.

Eirin = Tempting, if only for the chance to start moonshining with her, but I can't see a practical use outside forensics

Unfortunately this list lacks a Goemon, otherwise with Reisen we could be Lupin. Tewi can't come, there's no room for two Lupins!
>> No. 13077
File 123096894552.jpg - (133.62KB, 507x750, 9059657413d269c39fb02fb1b9d4f052.jpg) [iqdb]
13077
>>13067
>Tewi can't come, there's no room for two Lupins!
Oh, but there is.
>> No. 13083
So, the Moon Bunny and Crazy Fire Lady, is it?

...nice.

Will begin work on it soon.
>> No. 13085
>>13083

hooray!
>> No. 13090
No Eirin...BUGGER!! BUGGER I SAY!!
>> No. 13098
>>13090
It's posts like this that make me want to want to smash 95% of the useless fucking namefags here in the face with a rock.
>> No. 13099
>>13098

fucking signed
>> No. 13103
>>13098

Uh-huh. Right. Useless. At least someone's got the stones to put a name to his faggotry.

>>13099

And just WTH is that supposed to mean?
>> No. 13107
>>13103
It means he agrees with what the first person said.

Also, you abbreviated "what the hell"? Really?
>> No. 13108
>>13103

I've got a trip. That means my Stones are BUSTA SIZE. Bihotches.
>> No. 13109
File 123115657380.jpg - (341.15KB, 800x800, df19a96327bfe1c888edbb569fc5f720.jpg) [iqdb]
13109
I had an unearly urge to argue that >>13103 as the same fag as >>13090.

Yet as I'm not interested in being branded a troll, I shall say no more on this. Hopefully these unpleasant events can cease soon, for the betterment of the community.

Symbolic sage is applied. Pic unrelated
>> No. 13112
Updates?
>> No. 13118
>>13112

Soon.
I've become a bit absorbed in making this world and trying to make parts sensible. Rationalizing the war in which Casey met Reisen in this setting is giving me a malenky bit of trouble.

England: Hey, our rich heritage allows us to have some bitchin' magic!
Prussia: Us too!
England/Prussia: Let's kick some ass!
America: Take the east coast, just stop blasting us.

Something like that.

tl;dr I'm over thinking my fanfiction.

Anyway, the next main story update will be in a new thread while Poor Leno's will close this one.

>>13067

>Eirin
>Moonshining

Oh U.
>> No. 13131
Forget the side story! Gimme my dapper!
>> No. 13141
File 123134466065.jpg - (130.60KB, 400x517, Mokou_Reisen2.jpg) [iqdb]
13141
[x] The underground boxer Mokou “Firebrand” Fujiwara. Who would have thought a late-night pub crawl would bring such opposites to meet?
[x] His old war buddy Reisen U. Inaba. After they were drafted, they quickly found each other to be kindred spirits.

Yes, his friends and partners Mokou and Reisen. He just can’t help but reminisce as he thinks of those two.

Mokou, the crazy pyro, has been a regular fixture of the underground boxing scene for a good year now and is one of the top fighters. It’s amazing, really, since she’s one of the only women in the league (Guess the fact her fire-augmented moves trump most of the spells the guys toss at her helps). He smiles as he remembers one time the arrogant and handsome Jimmy “The Face” Roberts tried his lame Rubber Limbs crap against her. Too bad for him it gave her a chance to land her Phoenix Punch right in the kisser and make him “The Face” for a completely different reason (Putting it bluntly, it now looks like a damn well-done steak). The girl felt bad about it, apparently, and visited him with Casey after he started to feel better.
But, (To the people in her good graces, anyway. The woman knows how to keep a grudge.) she has always been like that, Casey thinks. Even when he first met her back when he was still getting used to magic she had no problem with giving a helping hand. As per usual for him, he was roaming about from pub to bar hoping to get increasingly smashed along the way. At his second stop he came across the woman seated at one of the bar’s stools sipping at a dark drink. What really caught his alcohol-addled attention was her odd choice of attire: bright red slacks, matching suspenders, and a brownish-white shirt. Ever since the emergence of those youkai people when he was young Casey was used to seeing odd fashions and hair colors, but a woman in pants? Really? Also, red? Before he knew it he had sat down next to her and ordered himself some unholy mixture of gin, rum, and whiskey (tasted like Satan’s taint, but it got him hammered proper).
“Hey, you an oni?” She eventually asked him after a length of time.
“Maybe.”
“Well then, Mister Possibly-An-Oni, what’s the deal with the drink?”
“It gets me pissed. Why do you care?”
“Never saw that one before and was curious. So, what makes a young guy like you hate his liver so much?”
“I’ll have to ask again, why do you care?”
“Some unknown force is forcing me to.”
“Well, good luck with that.”
“Not even a polite laugh? You must be a real hit at parties.”
“Look, I’m kind of not in the best of moods.”
“I can tell.”
“Well then if you’d let me enjoy my drink in peace I’d appreciate it.” In retrospect he felt like a heel for acting like that, but wasn’t about to correct himself.
“Suit yourself.” After that she made no more effort to talk to him at the bar. Strangely enough, while his plan was to go drinking from place to place he couldn’t bring himself to leave that bar. For whatever reason, he stayed there and drank until he couldn’t quite take proper command of his feet. As he stumbled out the door a stabilizing arm grabbed him by the shoulder and aided him in walking.
“…fank hyew.” He heavily slurred.
“No problem. Where to?” A familiar feminine voice asked him.
“Home place.”
“Where would that be?” He proceeded to labor at telling her the address of his apartment (just above an empty shop for sale) and eventually he succeeded. After a short trip she guided him to his home and helped him to bed (He would later realize the utter stupidity of allowing a stranger into his home like that, but at least it worked out this time).
When he awoke the next morning, his first need was to try to escape his hangover by getting drunk again (Forget just the hair, he wanted the entire dog that bit him). Making his way to the cabinet where he kept his liquor, his flatmate gave him a mellow “Good Morning” that Casey replied to with a grumble. After he got a few slugs of gin in him and the aforementioned flatmate took the bottle from him, he realized a very important thing: he lived alone. Whipping his head around (which turned out to be a very bad idea), he first winced in pain and then recognized his “flatmate” as the Red-Trouser woman from the night before.
“Who…”
“Mokou. Mokou von Fujiwara. We met last night, remember?”
“Why…”
“You couldn’t even walk straight. I gave you a hand to bed and stayed the night to keep an eye on you.” That’s nice, but didn’t answer his biggest question.
“Why…”
“Did I do it? Believe me, you looked like you needed it. Besides, I was looking for a place to stay anyhow.” She finished with taking a swig from the bottle she swiped from him and grinning.
“Wha…”
“Nevermind that, back to bed for you.”
And thus started his friendship with the fiery boxer. He was immensely surprised to learn of her half-breed nature and of her father being a noble (apparently she liked the German “von” of her mother’s heritage more than the Japanese “no” of her father’s). He was also surprised to learn that she, like him, was one of the many affected by the “Grand Aurora” and gained power over fire and regeneration faster than any of the youkai. Unlike others who have to recite incantations, hers is an almost psionic ability to generate and control small-to-medium flames and she uses it to great effect in the ring and with Casey’s work that requires some brute force.
---
1/2
>> No. 13142
File 123134484948.jpg - (159.76KB, 700x625, Mokou_Reisen.jpg) [iqdb]
13142
Of course, not everything can be solved with brutality, and the finesse of Reisen is perfectly suited for such situations. Another “sufferer” from the Aurora, her ability to control illusions took a bit to make itself known. What didn’t wait, however, were the brand new rabbit ears and tail that came to many women and girls after the event (including Yue). However, Reisen was affixed with the rarer crumpled-looking ears rather than the far more common floppy ears. Why? Nobody knows (Isn’t that wild?). All Casey really knows about them is they feel like soft, fuzzy leather and grabbing them apparently feels like having someone scratch a hard-to-reach place on one’s back. As for the tail, as Bog (Or God) as his witness he will one day grab it (And, you know, not get slapped for it). Though, knowing her, she’d likely just yell, get huffy, and stop talking to him. Really, it’s a shock such a sweet girl got into the army in the first place, let alone be a soldier on the front lines.
It was pure chance that they met, really. Both being “Augmented Citizens,” they were assigned to the same company to fight in the Great War. While trench warfare reigned supreme at the beginning, as the nations began to use their mages, witches, and wizards more the trenches became largely abandoned in favor of guarding the spell-slingers as they did their thing. Reisen, still getting a handle on controlling her powers, and Casey, not able to use his in a combat setting, were soon assigned to the guard platoon of a sickly witch able to use spells according to the elements. She had tried to lecture the pair, whom she had taken as her personal guards, on the subject, but broke down in a fit of sickness before she could make it halfway.
As a team the two worked wonderfully with Reisen as the sharpshooter hiding at a good vantage point and Casey as a more traditional bodyguard to take care of any threats that got too close (A scattergun is a wonderful thing). This, combined with the rest of the soldiers keeping the enemy distracted, led to an almost perfect combat record and the witch suffering no damage. All in all, a real bang up job. Since Casey and Reisen worked in such proximity to each other, they would often seek one another’s company during the off times. They shared things like family members, interests, and such things with one prominent thing in common: the rations were horrible.

Okay, two prominent things: the rations were horrible and first chance they got they were going home. While neither of them had any great love for war, Reisen was especially bothered by it, seeming depressed and distant even to Casey. This culminated on the day of victory when Casey, noticing she was absent from the celebration, went looking for her. He eventually found Miss Patricia Cottontail completely zonked out in the barracks staring at the wall.
“Hey, Reisen.” He called to her.
No response.
“Rei~sen, the war is ov~er.” He tried again, standing before her.
Still no response. Fed up, he saw an errant bullet lying about and took it. In a fit of whimsy, he stuck the round in her left nostril, capturing her attention.
“Gah, what the hell, Casey?! A bullet? Really?”
“What’d you expect me to do?”
“Shake me or something, don’t shove a damn bullet in my nose!”
“It worked, didn’t it? So, why are you moping around like someone just ate your new puppy? The war is over, you know. We can go home.”
“Home…” She trailed off.
“Yes, home. You know friends, family, and a bunch of other people you don’t really care about, but, hey, at least they aren’t trying to kill you.”
“You know I wanted to be a medic when this all started?”
“Huh? Uh, yeah, you’ve mentioned that before.”
“Save lives, help those who needed it…”
“That’s generally what they do.”
“And yet because of this damn body I was forced to be a regular soldier. Do you think my family would like that their oldest daughter is a murderer?” Oh Christ, he thought.
“They’d probably be too happy that you came back alive to even care. Besides, I don’t think shooting someone who wants to kill you and yours really counts.”
“…Yeah, I guess.”
“Hey, cheer up! At least now we’ll never have to do this again.”
“True, very true. You know, I’m glad we were assigned together.” She smiled at him as she said this.
“Me too.” He smiled back.
“So, you’re going back to Arkham, right?” She quickly changed the subject.
“Yeah, figure I may as well. It’s becoming such a big city thanks to all those mages that it’d be the perfect place to set up shop. How about you? Got any grand plans?”
“No, not really. I’ll probably try for med school, but from there I have no idea.”
“Well, if all else fails, you can always hop over to Arkham and get into business with me. I have no idea what to make of it, but Poor Leno’s will become a reality.” She laughed with him at that, having no idea that was exactly what would eventually happen.

It’s funny, Casey thinks to himself, how close he’s become to those two. They really make a good team and he can honestly say he loves both of them. Like sisters? Maybe. Like lovers? He has no idea, but as long as they work together he doubts anything in space and time can get in their way.

Space and time…time…clock…he takes a gander at the grandfather clock in the corner, the hands pointing to five after three. Since it’s far too dark to be afternoon (and he remembers eating a delicious sandwich at one p.m. for lunch), he curses and frantically gets back to making “Lost Cat” posters. Black fur, small size, two tails (what kind of cat has two tails?!)…

Poor Leno’s Episode 1: Meet the Team.
END
---
2/2

Will now return to your regularly scheduled CUtMaS.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x