- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 11264)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 122355155761.gif - (31.79KB, 350x350, 76b15f0f44bb54de387bc4ad3f7cb19e.gif) [iqdb]
11264 No. 11264
[⌚] Check the time.
[x] Pursue it, your curiosity has been master sparked.
[x] Pull Téodor out of your pocket and examine him; does he need a good scrubbing as well?

“Come on, don’t leave me hanging like that. Not when you have masterfully sparked my curiosity in such a way.” Reisen wrinkles her nose a bit at this for some reason before she speaks.
“Well, okay. It started out simple enough with me flying. Since it’s pretty common, I thought nothing of it before I began to fall into a cloud’s shadow. Inside I found I was trapped in a glass house with a dark-skinned man in robes. He was swinging this weird curved sword at me and shouting.”
“Curved sword? Like a katana?”
“No, it had a more extreme angle to it. Now this is where it starts to get really strange. He walks closer to me, but I can’t fly anymore or use any of my abilities so I’m really in trouble. I try to yell for help, but my voice is completely gone. Just when he’s about to cut my head off, I turn and see Mister Morichika in a red loincloth.”
“Rinnosuke? In a loincloth?”
“I told you it was strange. Weirder still, he yells out in a deep voice ‘Somebody turn up the AC!’ and kicks the sword man after flexing. Then I woke up with one of the rabbits curled up on my chest.” Only the sound of the other rabbits scrubbing fills the room as you process this. Flying then not flying in a room with a mad Arab and Rinnosuke doing something completely absurd? The thought of him posing while shouting such a ridiculous phrase makes you snicker at first, then move to a full-blown chuckle.
“I’m glad you thought it funny. I couldn’t sleep at all after that.”
“I know the feeling. I’m prone to some odd dreams as well.”
“Really? I seem to be the only one around here who has weird dreams like that. Here I thought it was a side-effect of my power.”
“Power?”
“Yes, most of the stronger people here have unique powers. Mine is the manipulation of sanity.”
“Huh. So if a guy says he’s crazy for you?”
“He’s probably not too far off.”
“Neat.”
“I like to think so.” As the conversation lapses into silence, you give your watch a check.

⌛: 8:13 a.m.

Still pretty early, eh? Here you thought you’d be getting down and dirty with this work, but from the way things are going it won’t be anything you can’t bear. Yes, dirty work is no problem for you to bear. Dirty…bear.

Hey, does Téodor need a wash? You pull him out of your pocket and give him the once-over. Most of him looks fine, but there seems to be a few specks of blood on his head. He must have been sticking out during your scuffle with those…beasts yesterday. Sorry you had to witness such a thing, little one, but you understand, right? Oh, you’re so understanding, little friend! Out of the corner of your eye, you notice Reisen looking at you. You give an embarrassed laugh and begin to scrub the stuffed bear in addition to the laundry.
“That’s an awfully cute little bear you have.”
“You think so?”
“Yes, it’s not often you find a man with a stuffed animal in his pocket. Have you named him?”
“That I have: Téodor.”
“I can’t help but wonder why you decided to bring him here.”
“I couldn’t very well go exploring by myself, now could I?” Reisen laughs.
“I guess not. You know, I had my doubts before on how you could handle yourself here, but you seem to be taking being flung to a new world filled with magic and inhuman creatures fairly well.”

[] Pretend to freak out. Really ham it up and act like you only just noticed her ears and tail.
[] Brush it off and change the topic.
-() ???
[] Brush it off and finish up working.
---
>>11227
>>11237

And here I am out of Mayonnaise.

>>11232

And then become the most ineffectual crime fighting team ever. "It's time for you to go to jail!" "Oh look! Pain 'O Clock!"

Damn, now I actually want to write that... Maybe a side story.
Expand all images
>> No. 11265
>“Yes, most of the stronger people here have unique powers. Mine is the manipulation of sanity.”
>“Huh. So if a guy says he’s crazy for you?”

That's terrible.

[x] "I've been in worse."
[x] Finish up working.
>> No. 11266
{X} "Stranger things have happened."
{X} Finish up working.
>> No. 11267
[x] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[x] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."
>> No. 11276
[Q] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject that distinction wholly."

Add this to whatever wins.
>> No. 11281
[x] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[x] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."
>> No. 11285
[X] Pretend to freak out. Really ham it up and act like you only just noticed her ears and tail.

I like choices like this. Entertaining Touhous is always fun. Unless it backfires, and then it's funner.
>> No. 11288
[x] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[x] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."
>> No. 11289
[z] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[z] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."

Dream analyzan gaems.
>> No. 11291
[X] Pretend to freak out. Really ham it up and act like you only just noticed her ears and tail.

Good, simple fun.
>> No. 11294
[X] Pretend to freak out. Really ham it up and act like you only just noticed her ears and tail.

I really can't roll with that "border between sanity and insanity" write-in. It might be misconstrued as stomping on her pride.
>> No. 11296
[x] Pretend to freak out. Really ham it up and act like you only just noticed her ears and tail.

I wonder how she thinks we feel about her not being human.
>> No. 11297
>I really can't roll with that "border between sanity and insanity" write-in. It might be misconstrued as stomping on her pride.

I don't see how it could possibly be interpreted that way.

As for the "freak out" option, KC may be neurotic at times, but socially he is collected and proper. Wigging out, even as a joke, is not dapper.
>> No. 11298
[x] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[x] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."

Yes, this feels more in-character to me.
>> No. 11299
[x] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[x] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."

Dapper forever, and whatnot.
>> No. 11300
>Then I woke up with one of the rabbits curled up on my chest.”
HNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH
>> No. 11313
[x] Pretend to freak out. Really ham it up and act like you only just noticed her ears and tail.
>> No. 11314
[x] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[x] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."
>> No. 11316
update
>> No. 11318
>>11316

Working on it now.

>>11265

I try.
>> No. 11322
>>11318

hooray!
>> No. 11330
File 12237176487.jpg - (65.84KB, 616x590, 96f52c4f2817f440ffae98e356aed0b0.jpg) [iqdb]
11330
Looks like there won't be an update for now. I really need to stop doing this.
But you know what? Keine is sweet, that's what.
>> No. 11332
>>11330

HNNNNNG
>> No. 11344
File 122376813138.jpg - (110.13KB, 746x626, 0454d973ae09d257f64fc29c69d63240.jpg) [iqdb]
11344
>>11330
>> No. 11345
File 122376815731.jpg - (148.34KB, 950x800, ab50297fd51b756157665d7421844ed8.jpg) [iqdb]
11345
>>11332
>> No. 11347
File 122376885528.jpg - (42.10KB, 370x312, 1207556725025.jpg) [iqdb]
11347
>>11344
>>11345

God, I love that artist. So cute~
>> No. 11356
[x] "Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly."
[x] "Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, and nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own."

Inhuman monsters, eh? For some reason, this doesn’t fill you with urgency. If the rabbits here are lumped into that group then that’s not too threatening. Perhaps you’ve already lost it, perhaps not. The real question is who cares? Everyone in the world seems to be mad in some way, what makes you different?
"Well, you manipulate the border between sanity and insanity; I on the other hand reject the distinction wholly." You give Reisen a winning smile as you say this.
“You must have had quite an interesting life before you came here to hold such a view.”
“I suppose that depends on what you would define as interesting.”
“Oh? You’ll have to tell me about it sometime.”
“I guess so. Anyway, your dream was probably because that rabbit was sleeping on you. Weight on top of your chest can cause all kinds of sleep issues: Hypnagogia, false awakenings, sleep paralysis, somnambulism, and nightmares to say the least. Might want to lock your door; don't want someone else's nightmares to become your own.” Reisen’s face forms into one of uncertainty. A few of the rabbits working alongside you perk up their ears as well.
“I’m afraid I can’t do that.”
“Why, if I may be so bold as to ask?”
“Well, it’s not unusual for a handful of the youkai and other rabbits to sleep in my room with me. I just couldn’t tell them no.” The rabbits relax at this.
“I see. It’d probably do if you just ask them not to lay on your chest.”
“Okay, I’ll make a note of it. You certainly are knowledgeable, aren’t you? I’d have never guessed something as simple as weight on the chest could cause all that.”
“Just think of all the weird dreams Mistress Yagokoro gets!” One of the rabbits exclaims, bringing a round of laughter to the others. You make no outward show of acknowledgement and Reisen blushes and tells her to shush. A lesser man than you would shout “I hear that!” and attempt to high-five the girl, but you are far too in control of yourself for such a display. You finish working while chatting about inconsequential things with Reisen and the other rabbits.

After instructing the rabbits to set the now washed linen out to dry, Reisen takes you back to the archery range. Once there, you see Eirin practicing her shot with the bow and arrow. Taking a glance at the circular targets, you notice little deviance in her shots from the center of each one. After letting loose another shaft, Eirin takes notice of the pair of you.
“Good day Udonge, Mister Mills. I take it your labors are finished?”
“Seems so, Madam Yagokoro. Capital shooting, by the way.”
“Why thank you, Mister Mills. Perhaps when you have gathered some money to your name I could charge you for lessons. That aside, were you able to find the store?”
“With some help from Tewi, yes.”
“I see…” An unreadable expression crosses her face for a moment.
“Something wrong?”
“No, nothing at all. For now you are dismissed. Feel free to leave Eientei at your leisure, but it would be most appreciated if you tell a rabbit your destination before you go. Also, please don’t come back injured again. I would be most cross with you if that were to happen.”
“Understood.”
“Wonderful. Now, Udonge, if you would please follow me.” Eirin moves to leave as she finishes.
“Yes, Master.” Reisen follows behind the doctor.

Well, you have the rest of the day to play around. You give your watch a check to confirm the time.

⌛: 8:49 a.m.

What to do?

[] Seek out and bug the Princess.
[] Look for Yue.
[] Head over to Kourindou.
[] Go a village
-() Main
-() Bamboo
-() Lake
[] ______
---

Horribly late, but here it is.
>> No. 11357
>>11356
[] Look for Yue.

>>[] Seek out and bug the Princess.

Thought that said "Seek out the bug Princess" and immediately thought of princess Wriggle.
>> No. 11359
[x] Seek out and bug the Princess.

If only because this reminded me of Mushihimesama, and because I like this Kaguya.
>> No. 11361
>“With some help from Tewi, yes.”
>“I see…” An unreadable expression crosses her face for a moment.

What's this about?

[x] Look for Yue.
[x] Head over to Kourindou.

Time to earn us some actual monies.
>> No. 11362
[ODIN] Seek out and bug the Princess.

Kaguya~
>> No. 11363
{ゆ} Look for Yue.
{え} Head over to Kourindou.
>> No. 11364
>⌛: 8:49 a.m.

It might be best to not piss off Kaguya so early in the day.

[x] Look for Yue.
[x] Head over to Kourindou.

There were a number of things you'd been interested in last you were there, like those blank spellcards. Plus you chance another run-in with Smokou.

You can also go to the village proper. You haven't seen Keine in a while and might want to assure her that the recent arrival is still breathing, plus we can introduce Yue to the two human acquaintances you made when you got here—I believe there was a standing offer to join them for drinks?
>> No. 11365
[x] Go a village
-(x) LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
>> No. 11366
[x] Look for Yue.
[x] Head over to Kourindou.
>> No. 11369
[x] Look for Yue.
[x] Head over to Kourindou.
>> No. 11372
[X] Seek out the bug princess.

Wriggle~
>> No. 11379
File 12238500294.png - (330.94KB, 393x440, futari10rf6.png) [iqdb]
11379
>bug princess
>> No. 11382
[x] Look for Yue.
[x] Head over to Kourindou.
Not letting her out of your sight this time, of course.
>> No. 11384
[u] Look for Yue.
[a] Head over to Kourindou.
>> No. 11386
Now writing.
>> No. 11387
>>11386

Hooray!
>> No. 11398
File 122389665832.jpg - (263.18KB, 691x701, 7e34400e77b632e807392c68a0c7fa8eecd926f4.jpg) [iqdb]
11398
I'm afraid that as of recently I've had to split my attentions between this and schoolwork (not including the usual foolery). As a result, the update shall take more time than I thought. Adorably tomboyish Mokou unrelated.
>> No. 11416
YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME HARKER
>> No. 11440
File 122404151828.jpg - (329.78KB, 1600x1200, 1369540.jpg) [iqdb]
11440
>>11398
You had better be dead or dying. That's the only excuse you've got at this point.
>> No. 11441
[x] Look for Yue.
[x] Head over to Kourindou.

First things first, time to search for your cute little friend. You remember her running off to some unspecified area, but you have no idea of where she is now. Time to ask the locals. You see a rabbit girl skipping along and catch her attention. After asking her the whereabouts of Yue, she takes you by the hand and pulls you along without a word. She stops a few time to confer with her fellows on the location (you assume) and soon leads you to a small room with several rabbits napping. Lazy little bunnies. You take a glance and recognize none of them as your diminutive companion. The one who led you here looks up to you and just shrugs her shoulders before trotting off. Well, that was productive.

At a loss as to where to look, you head back to the archery range and think while sitting on a handy bench. Now, if you were a rabbit here, what would you be doing right now? Chores, most likely. What would said chores consist of? Cleaning, washing, working in the gardens, and probably cooking, to name a few. What would Yue most likely be assigned to do? Now there’s a question. All you can really do right now is sit and think while ruffling the hair of the little girl next to you.

…Wait, what?

You look beside you and see Yue’s smiling face.
“Hi KC! I saw you sitting and wanted to join you. What’re you thinking about?”
“Hello, Yue. What I was thinking of is none other than you, my little friend. I was thinking of going to Kourindou and considered bringing my favorite companion.”
“Really? Awesome! I’ll go and ask Miss Reisen if it’s okay.” She says as she hops from the bench and goes dashing off. As you wait, you decide to pull out your book and read for a bit since she may take a while. Strange how immortals are almost always evil in literature. What’s up with that? Seems unless your name is MacLeoud you’re destined to be an utter cock. Come to think of it, immortals are the domain of fantasy, right? You wonder if you’ll get a chance to meet one here. Princess Ka mentioned being an “unending being,” didn’t she? Curious.

After a bit, Yue returns with a joyful smile on her face.
“I take it Miss Reisen approves?”
“Yup! She told me to pick up some stuff while I’m there, too.”
“Well then, little lady, shall we go?” You offer your arm to her (at a low enough angle that she can grab a hold of it, of course) and she takes hold of it.
“Let’s go!” You make for the exit, waving at Eirin and Reisen as you pass them along the way. Before you know it, you’re sojourning off into the forest.

Reaching Kourindou after a bit of a walk, you make sure to tell Yue to keep in sight. Heavens knows nobody wants a repeat of yesterday. You knock on the door and wait a moment for Rinnosuke’s confirmation to enter. After hearing it, you open the door and head in. Inside you see him relaxing behind the counter with a newspaper in his hand. He treats you to a thin smile.
“I had a feeling it was you.”
“What makes you say that?”
“Aside from that maid you’re the only one with the decency to knock. Oh, the half-ghost as well.”
“Half-ghost?”
“It’s odd to me too. Ah, I see you brought Yue again. Good day.”
“Hello!” She waves while still holding your arm.
“So, to what do I owe this pleasure? I just had a new shipment from my supplier, in case you are interested.”

[] Work.
[] Visit.
[] Shop.
---

>>11416

But I'm used to failure, so yeah!

>>11440

Sorry, sorry. I really have no excuse for how late this is. [x] Genuflect and all that.
>> No. 11442
[X] Visit.
Terrorist fist jab for our second favorite holder of the Y chromosome (after ourselves).
[X] Work.
Bills, skills, etc.
>> No. 11443
{X} Visit.
{X} Work.
>> No. 11444
[X] Visit first
[X] Work a distant second
>> No. 11445
[x] Work.
>> No. 11447
[X] Visit first
[X] Work a distant second
>> No. 11462
Writing now. Seriously.
>> No. 11466
Hooray!
>> No. 11468
>>11462

I can taste the liejuice.
>> No. 11474
>>11462
Jesus christ do not use the words "writing now" lightly. Fortunately enough I caught a stream of the american's presidential debates to keep me amused, but that will only last so long. HURRY UP.
>> No. 11475
>>11468
Stop licking Harker.
>> No. 11476
>>11475

But licking Harker gets me high!
>> No. 11477
File 122413783990.jpg - (92.79KB, 390x585, Rinnosuke6.jpg) [iqdb]
11477
[x] Visit
[x] Work, kinda.

“Why, we came to visit our good friend Rinnosuke. How are things?”
“I can’t complain. I have an entirely new shipment of things to fiddle with and such, so I’m quite pleased. Are you two well?”
“Quite fine. I’m a little bruised, but I took the loin’s share of the pain between the two of us.”
“Uh-huh, I’m good.” Yue adds.
“Good to hear. I’d hate for you to faint three days in a row in my shop.” Yue giggles.
“Don’t worry, I’d simply loathe to inconvenience you so.” Rinnosuke chuckles as he rises.
“How considerate of you. Now, would you like some tea? And of course a juice box for you, Yue.”
“Sounds lovely.”
“Alright, I’ll go make it. I just received a wonderful blend of black tea.” With that he moves to the back where you assume his kitchen is. As he goes, you feel a tug on your sleeve and look down to Yue.
“Yes?”
“Could you help me look for some of this stuff?” She hands you a note. You instantly recognize the note as from Reisen by the little rabbit drawing on the bottom.

****
5 Blank spellcards.
1 Tin of High Quality tea.
A cookbook, if you can find one.
Flame-resistant talismans. <- Ask him about these.
Those crunchy candy bars.

-Reisen
& Tewi.
****

“Of course. Shall we start?” After a firm nod from Yue, you begin searching the shop for the said items. You assume the cards you remember seeing on the shelf are the aforementioned spellcards and grab five of them. On an opposite wall there are several tea tins amongst packages of instant coffee and non-dairy creamer. You separate the heretical beverage and powdered trash before smelling the contents of each tin. You find that a reddish tin has the best, in your humble opinion, and take it. You wonder how Yue is faring and see that she has found two books and a box of Nestle’s Crunch chocolate bars. She clearly has good taste. The two of you place the items on the counter and give each other a thumbs-up for a job well done.

Rinnosuke pops his head out and asks for a bit of help in the back. You move to offer your aid, but Yue is a beat faster than you and rushes back. Cute kid. With little left to do, you look around the shop and make notations in your notebook as to how some of the items operate. By the time you are done, the two have emerged from the back with Rinnosuke bearing the tea and Yue carrying a tray of Oreo biscuits.
“I noticed I had some of these outside snacks. Are you familiar with them? I’ve yet to try one.”
“That I am. They are good, just don’t dunk them in your tea.”
“Oh?”
“Yes, they’re a bit too sweet for it unless you overwhelm your tea with milk and sugar.” Rinnosuke’s grimace shows his feelings on that. He looks slightly downcast, so you add that they are still good to eat alongside it. He seems to cheer up at this as he sets the tea down with Yue placing the tray beside it and snagging one of the biscuits.
“How do you like it?” You ask. She smiles and makes a sound of approval. Rinnosuke takes one and samples it.
“Not bad.”
“See? By the way, here’s a small list of things I noted around the shop.” You say as you rip out the paper you wrote on.
“Oh? Thank you very much.” He takes the paper and looks it over. “I already knew about the Gameboy, but the others are greatly appreciated. I’m especially interested in this microwave. Shame I have no source of energy for it.”
“Perhaps your supplier would provide you with a generator?”
“I’m afraid not. I had asked right when I found out about them, but she rejected that.”
“That’s a pity.”
“Believe me, I know.”
“Hey, that reminds me. I happened to notice you were reading a newspaper when we entered.”
“This?” He lifts the paper, “It’s called the Bunbunmaru. It’s more like the tabloids of your world, but it makes for an interesting read.” He hands you the paper. The headline reads New Miko: Devout or Degenerate? The article seems to be dedicated to questioning the morals of a new Miko that apparently came to Gensokyo not too long ago. It even calls her patron Goddesses suspected terrorists in parts. There’s an interview with that shrine maiden from the other day:
“It’s annoying how she…pisses me off…how…stupid.”
“I can tell from your expression you’re unimpressed.”
“It reminds me of back home, actually. This kind of thing is the norm there. Makes me feel bad for the girl.”
“Really? Well, everyone knows the writer stretches the truth and outright lies at times, so nobody believes this anyway. Frankly, I’m surprised she hasn’t come to you for a story yet.”
“If this is the kind of stories she writes, then I’d rather stay under the radar.”
“Well, the front page material is usually the worst. The rest can be rather funny at times.”
“I see.” You decide to have some tea rather than verifying that claim. Irish breakfast, a good blend. You notice Rinnosuke and Yue enjoying their respective drinks as well. Yue’s juice box happens to be vibrant orange with the brand name in red along the side. Below it is “Slimer,” the green ghost from Ghostbusters. How nostalgic.

A silence permeates the room. Yue seems to be greatly enjoying the Oreo biscuits and Rinnosuke is carefully reading the list you gave him.

[x] Chat
-() ___
[] Read the Bunbunmaru.
[] Check out Rinnosuke’s new stock.
---
>>11474

I swear to god McCain was signaling in Morse code through his blinks.
>> No. 11479
>5 Blank spellcards.
>1 Tin of High Quality tea.
>A cookbook, if you can find one.
>Flame-resistant talismans. <- Ask him about these.
>Those crunchy candy bars.

>-Reisen
>& Tewi.

Most creative use of formatting I've seen in a CYOA yet.

>“That I am. They are good, just don’t dunk them in your tea.”

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>Below it is “Slimer,” the green ghost from Ghostbusters. How nostalgic.

ECTO COOLER IS AWESOME

[x] Chat
-(x) Ask Rinnosuke that if a reporter does come around asking for you, to not tell her what your name or current residence is.
-(x) Ask him about the fire-resistant talismans (as mentioned in the note).
[x] Check out Rinnosuke’s new stock.
>> No. 11480
>>11477

It wasn't much better when Obama started to fall asleep.

[x] Chat
-(x) Ask Rinnosuke that if a reporter does come around asking for you, to not tell her what your name or current residence is.
-(x) Ask him about the fire-resistant talismans (as mentioned in the note).
[x] Check out Rinnosuke’s new stock.
>> No. 11481
>“Quite fine. I’m a little bruised, but I took the loin’s share of the pain between the two of us.”
>but I took the loin’s share of the pain
>loin

Is this intentional, or a genuine mistake, or am I just being an idiot here?

>“That I am. They are good, just don’t dunk them in any drinks.”

Fixed.

>Below it is “Slimer,” the green ghost from Ghostbusters. How nostalgic.

Nostalgic indeed~

[X] Chat
-(X) Ask Rinnosuke that if a reporter does come around asking for you, to not tell her what your name or current residence is.
-(X) Ask him about the fire-resistant talismans (as mentioned in the note).
[X] Check out Rinnosuke’s new stock.
>> No. 11482
>>11481
>“That I am. They are good, just don’t dunk them in any drinks.”

MILK, MOTHERFUCKER. DO YOU DRINK IT?
>> No. 11483
>>11481

What you see there is an honest-to-god typo that creates a very strange mental image.

>>11480

At least this one was a bit better than the Biden/Palin jazz. I'm loving the thought of the next four years with any of these jokers.
>> No. 11484
[X] Chat
-(X) Ask Rinnosuke that if a reporter does come around asking for you, to not tell her what your name or current residence is.
-(X) Ask him about the fire-resistant talismans (as mentioned in the note).
[X] Check out Rinnosuke’s new stock.

is anyone else very much distracted over the OP pic harker put up? this is the cutest reisen I've seen yet
>> No. 11485
File 122414515941.jpg - (361.94KB, 1024x767, milk's favorite cookie.jpg) [iqdb]
11485
>>11481
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 11486
[x] Chat
-(x) Ask Rinnosuke that if a reporter does come around asking for you, to not tell her what your name or current residence is.
-(x) Ask him about the fire-resistant talismans (as mentioned in the note).
[x] Read the Bunbunmaru.
[x] Check out Rinnosuke’s new stock.

Walls for the wall god! Walls for the wall god!
>> No. 11487
Harker, I dare to say that going pound-for-pound, you're the best writer on these boards, better than blankfag or HY.
>> No. 11489
>>11482
>>11485

I tried it once, and instantly regretted it, so yeah.

But then again, it could just be us Aussies always getting the shitty stuffs five years later than the world in general.

>>11483

Glad to be of service. Just don't start describing it.
>> No. 11490
>>11489

I don't want to hear that from the people who eat Vegemite. Seriously, what do you dunk in your milk?
>> No. 11491
>>11264
>“Well, okay. It started out simple enough with me flying. Since it’s pretty common, I thought nothing of it before I began to fall into a cloud’s shadow. Inside I found I was trapped in a glass house with a dark-skinned man in robes. He was swinging this weird curved sword at me and shouting.”

Should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque.
>> No. 11500
>>11490

Well good news for you, because personally I hate vegemite. And to answer your second question, nothing.
>> No. 11506
File 122420705887.png - (235.89KB, 319x454, China_What.png) [iqdb]
11506
>>11487
<-

Not to disrespect you or anything, it's just...odd.

Anyway, writing now.
>> No. 11507
>>11506

hooray!
>> No. 11511
>>11506

Oh, I was being serious. Your dialogue in particular blows everyone else's out of the water.
>> No. 11531
[X] Chat
-(X) Ask Rinnosuke that if a reporter does come around asking for you, to not tell her what your name or current residence is.
-(X) Ask him about the fire-resistant talismans (as mentioned in the note).
[X] Check out Rinnosuke’s new stock.

The prospect of gaining this paper’s attention doesn’t quite fill you with glee.
“Hey, Rinnosuke?”
“Hrm?” He responds without looking up from the paper.
“If a reporter does happen to come by looking for me, I’d greatly appreciate it if you avoided telling her my name and current residence.”
“Can do. I imagine you’d rather not deal with that so soon after coming here.”
“Indeed. If anyone’s going to sully my good name then by God it’s going to be me.” Rinnosuke allows a laugh at this before returning to the paper.
“I honestly doubt anyone’s good name is sullied by that paper any more. She’s recently taken refuge in audacity of her claims.”
“Yeah, she even called the Princess a succubus one time! It was really funny.” Yue adds with a giggle.
“Oh?”
“Yes, she’s found that wild lies are more entertaining than month-old news everybody already knows about. It’s become quite a hit.”
“So people don’t mind when they become the subject of her stories?”
“Oh, they mind all right, but it is more like teasing from a good friend than anything vicious. Well, barring her first tries at it.”
“I take it the attempt didn’t go over well?”
“She didn’t take into account what lines should and shouldn’t be crossed. I believe she got the hint when she implied the protector of the villages Miss Kamishirasawa was a lesbian.” You almost choke on your tea at this.
“What?”
“Yes, she cited how the schoolteacher always turns down marriage requests. With how traditional she is, this was a rather humiliating blow.”
“That’s pretty low.” Not quite as strong a word as you would have liked to use, but there’s a child present, after all. You’d use “badong,” but that should be reserved for murder.
“Apparently Miss Shameimaru, the sole reporter and editor, thought so as well. It wasn’t retracted, since her pride wouldn’t allow that, but she apologized in her own way.”
“How so?”
“The very next paper was basically an outline of Miss Shameimaru’s character flaws. Her over eagerness for a story, how she’s vain even by Tengu standards, her horrible taste in men, it was all there. She used the name of her friend Miss Inubashiri, but everyone knew it was her. The writing style hadn’t changed a bit.” That’s actually pretty nice. This Shameimaru woman might not be so bad. You sure as hell still don’t want your very own article, though.
“I see. Have you been featured in any articles?”
“Only back when she was doing the more legitimate paper. I suppose I’m just not interesting.” He adds a self-depreciating laugh at the end of this. “Oh, I have put in ads for my shop though, but I suppose that doesn’t count.”
“I’d say not.”
“Yes, I-” The both of you notice Yue, who has been quiet for some time, tugging on Rinnosuke’s sleeve.
“Mister Morichika? The note from Miss Reisen told me to ask you about the fire talismans.” Rinnosuke’s face becomes an impassive mask.
“I’m sorry, could you repeat what you just called me?”
“Mister Morichika?”
“One more time?”
“Mister Morichika.” He tilts his head back and closes his eyes, tears beading on the sides. Yue looks to you in confusion and you just shrug your shoulders. After a moment, he comes back from his reverie.
“I’m sorry, It’s just been so long since I’ve been addressed so respectfully.” He says with a slight blush. “Just a moment and I’ll grab them.” He reaches behind the counter and pulls out a wooden box. After retrieving a small stack of white slips of paper with red writing, he replaces it and hands the papers to Yue.
“Thank you Mister Morichika.” There are those tears again. He quickly composes himself.
“It’s no problem at all, I just can’t help but wonder how you can go through them so fast.”
“The Princess.” Yue says in a flat tone.
“Oh.” Is all Rinnosuke can respond with. That really answers everything, doesn’t it? Hey, since he’s already up…
“Rinnosuke, you mentioned a new shipment of items, right? Mind if I take a look?”
“Certainly, just let me go retrieve the gapment.”
“Gapment?”
“Nevermind, it’s nothing.” He says as he walks to the back.

After a moment, he returns with a large brown package with a heart stamped on the side. He places it before you and then returns to his seat. Inside the package you find some oddities.
First off is a very strange pistol indeed. The frame is basically a silver rectangle with a grip on it. There is a slide on the left side where you’d presumably load and dispel shells. There are engravings on the sides that are of the highest quality. On the right is the phrase “Gott ist tot und ich tötete ihn.” in gothic lettering. On the left is a human fighting a colossus. The colossus is being struck down. Packaged beside it is a flask-size case that holds bullets presumably for the gun. There are ten in all with each one numbered in roman numerals. If you weren’t in this wizard land you’d probably write it off as an expensive costume accessory.
Second is a smaller box filled with an assortment of hats and ribbons. You see a few beanies, musketeer hats, and many bonnets.
Third is a flintlock pistol with a gold barrel. The barrel has a spiral of copper travelling down the length. There doesn’t seem to be any ammo for it, though.
Fourth are two smallish stacks of black hardback books. You find one stack is comprised of copies of the Iliad and the other is titled “Medieval Epics and Sagas.” You check the index and find it contains numerous Celtic and Norse tales. Not a bad collection.
The final thing you notice is something tucked between the two stacks of books. It’s wrapped in crimson velvet and inside is…what the f- it’s the damn mask from when you passed out! Red smile, black eyes upturned in jest, there’s no mistaking it. How did…
“I don’t recognize that item from the charter. Hrm, how odd.” Rinnosuke comments.
“Yeah, odd…”
“Well, you can have that if you wish. Even if it’s from the outside, a mask is a mask and I’d have no use for it.” Something seems to dawn upon him. “Oh my, look at me lounging about when there’s business to be done.” He takes the items Yue picked out into regard. “Let’s see…the total for your items comes to 76 yen.” Yue takes out a little coin purse from her blouse and produces a golden coin. Rinnosuke takes it and gives her the appropriate change from his rusted cash register. “Now, Mister Mills. You identified five items for me this time, so I’d say you’re entitled to fifty-five yen.” He takes a few assorted coins and hands them to you.

Sitting back down after that short burst of activity, the all-too-familiar silence fills the room. You look at your watch to find the hour of the day.

⌛: 10:02 a.m.

What to do?

[] Stay here for a bit longer.
-() Just relax
-() Read the Bunbunmaru
-() Shop
[] Bid Rinnosuke adieu and leave.
-() Where?
--Take mask? (Yes/No)
---
>>11511

It's fun to write. Kaguya especially so.
>> No. 11532
>>11531
[] Stay here for a bit longer.
-() Just relax and read the Bunbunmaru.

>Miss Kamishirasawa was a lesbian.
laughingelfman.jpg

>“Gott ist tot und ich tötete ihn."
>"God is dead and I killed him."
Hooray being able to read a bit of German.

>On the left is a human fighting a colossus. The colossus is being struck down.
I see what you did there.jpg
>> No. 11533
>You’d use “badong,” but that should be reserved for murder.
You just got more awesome. Now I want to watch that movie again~

{X} Stay here for a bit longer.
- <X> Chat with Yue
-- Don't take the mask

The mask sounds ugly and undapper. :<
>> No. 11534
[X] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(X) Just relax~
--Take plot point? (Yes)
>> No. 11535
>Gott ist tot und ich tötete ihn

Oh ho why not Nietzsche ourselves?

[x] Check inventory: Money
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Shop
-(x) Ask how much he wants for the Godkiller and the Coilgun?
--Take mask? (Yes)
>> No. 11538
If the gold flintlock really is a coilgun, then any appropriately size piece of metal is going to work as a bullet. No powder necessary. Would explain why it came with no ammo.

The silver handgun very likely has magicked bullets. I imagine each of the numbered bullets have their own effects, similar to a caster rifle.

Regardless, a scientist like Eirin would be able to explain the operating principles to us and whether there is magic involved or not. I think we should ask to borrow them for a day, get her to look at them for an appraisal, then come back and make Rinnosuke an offer.

[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru
-(x) Shop
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow us to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
--Take the mask.

We need to see Eirin about our duties, and again any lateness could be blamed on emergent circumstances (e.g., potentially dangerous items left in Rinnosuke's care).
>> No. 11539
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru
-(x) Shop
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow us to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
--Take the mask.

Okay.
>> No. 11541
Hm. Dwarf Fortress much?
>> No. 11565
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru
-(x) Shop
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow us to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
--Take the mask.
>> No. 11568
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru
-(x) Shop
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow us to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
--Take the mask.
>> No. 11573
I'm wondering what the relavance of the hats and the books are? Red herrings or is that how we're supposed to view them?

Actually, does Yue have a silly hat? If no, I'm all for increasing her powerlevel. Hell I'd like to play with Yue Princess Maker style, only we make her the strongest Touhou instead of marrying her off.

I don't mind what the next action is, but I insist on this being added to the winner.

[ ] Give Yue a: Beanie

Urban style Touhou, bonnets have been done and the musketeer hat is so silly that Yue would go mad with power.
>> No. 11577
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru.
-(x) Shop.
-(x) Ask Yue if she wants you to buy her a hat, and if so what kind.
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow you to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
-(⌚) Check the time.
--Take the mask.
>> No. 11578
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru.
-(x) Shop.
-(x) Ask Yue if she wants you to buy her a hat, and if so what kind.
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow you to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
-(⌚) Check the time.
--Take the mask.

excellent
>> No. 11579
[ODIN] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(ODIN) Read the Bunbunmaru.
-(ODIN) Shop.
-(ODIN) Ask if he is willing to allow you to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
-(⌚) Check the time.
--Take the mask.

>>11573

This man is wise. I support the idea of creating EX-Yue.

[ODIN] Give Yue a: Beanie
>> No. 11580
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru.
-(x) Shop.
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow you to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
-(⌚) Check the time.
--Take the mask.
[x] Give Yue a: Beanie


coil gun? like a spring loaded suction cup shooting toy gun?
>> No. 11581
>>11580
>coil gun? like a spring loaded suction cup shooting toy gun?

just fucking google it
>> No. 11585
>>11580
Coil gun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilgun
>> No. 11598
Sorry for the wait. Writing now, but I may fall asleep before I finish.
>> No. 11599
>>11598

hooray!
>> No. 11614
>>11598

wake up harker...
wake up...
>> No. 11615
>>11598

Update, you liar.
>> No. 11616
>>11614
>>11615

Awake and a-writing.
>> No. 11618
>>11616

hooray!
>> No. 11638
>>11616

I CAN TASTE THE LIE JUICE YOU BREW HARKER
>> No. 11640
File 122448054573.jpg - (408.08KB, 1000x1200, 1591589.jpg) [iqdb]
11640
>>11638
It's a pattern dude. If the first post after Harker says he's writing is a "hooray" (or variation there-of), the automatic assumption is that the update comes about 60 hours later.
>> No. 11658
[x] Stay here for a bit longer.
-(x) Read the Bunbunmaru.
-(x) Shop.
-(x) Ask Yue if she wants you to buy her a hat, and if so what kind.
-(x) Ask if he is willing to allow you to get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Eirin before purchase; you wouldn't want to swindle him out of anything.
-(⌚) Check the time.
--Take the mask.

It’s pretty relaxing here, so you decide to stay for a bit. The uneasiness caused by the discovery of the mask has left you, the shop is cozy, the company pleasant, and the tea is fine (even if you prefer the English blend just a bit more). This place really has more of a café type atmosphere than a curio. As a café, it is only right to read whilst relaxing, correct? Filling yourself another cup from the large teapot, you reach for the newspaper from earlier. Even if it’s only lies and gossip, it’s best to at least know of some of the newsworthy people here. You open the paper and take a look at the stories held within.

Local witch transcends humanity!: “Ordinary” witch Marisa Kirisame of the Forest has recently become more than human. One of her many experiments with the native mushrooms in the forest has gone awry and transformed her into a hulking, raging beast of destruction. Friends were quoted as saying they “couldn’t tell the difference.”
Vampire sees the light!: Mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion Remilia Scarlet has converted to Christianity. Now an Irish Catholic, she only accepts the “blood of Christ” in lieu of her usual diet of human blood. It is unknown if her sister will follow her example, but it is likely.
New power of the Hakurei revealed!: Reimu, the most recent in the line of the Hakurei, has unveiled the newest power in her arsenal: the ability to smell however she likes! With this she can skip as many baths as she wants and still smell better than most.

You hear a soft giggle and notice Yue beside you reading the articles as well.
“Funny stuff, isn’t it?” You comment.
“Yup, the one about the witch was funniest.”
“Wasn’t it? The one about the Miko is kind of funny, but weird.” Yue nods.
“It hasn’t been as good lately.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, this month has been pretty off.” She responds with one of her ears bobbing in front of you. Say…
“Hey, Yue?”
“Yeah?”
“Would you like for me to buy you a new hat? I’m sure one would look great with your ears.” You see Yue’s face positively glow at this.
“Really? Thank you! “Where…” You point to the box of items and she skips over to it with a huge grin on her face.

After she carefully goes through the selection to be had, Yue walks back to you with a blue bonnet in one hand and a beanie the same color as your hat and scarf in the other.
“I can’t pick between these two. Could you pick one for me?”
“Of course.” Briefly weighing how each would look in your mind, you choose the beanie for her. You place it on her and her ears are pushed down to rest on the sides of her head. With the addition of her necklace she looks like a very adorable rapper.
“How do I look?”
“Wonderful, if I do say so myself. That’s a good position for your ears.” If you thought her smile couldn’t get brighter, you are quickly proven wrong. She then jumps forward and wraps her arms around your neck, embracing you in a tight hug. These youkai certainly are strong.
“Thank you so much, you are the best guy ever! You don’t have to get me these cool gifts but you do!” You return her hug.
“Hey now, it’s no problem when it’s for my favorite little bunny.”
“You certainly are a kind older brother, aren’t you?” Rinnosuke chimes in. The both of you look to him with your cheeks rubbing together.
“I guess so. How much will the beanie cost, anyway?”
“Is that what it is called? Interesting… Oh, it will be five yen.” Disengaging yourself from Yue, you take the appropriate amount from your coins and pay him, leaving you with fifty-three yen.
“By the way, I could get the Godkiller and Coilgun appraised by Miss Eirin, if you like. I’d hate for you to get swindled.”
“That…would be quite helpful. Being quit adept at creating and maintaining equipment I can identify magic with very little effort, but equipment from the outside confounds me. Her experience would be invaluable to me on this matter. Ah, I’m rambling again. Yes, I would appreciate that.”
“Alright, I would need to borrow them for about a day since I don’t rightly know when the good doctor is open to inspect them.” Rinnosuke stiffens a bit at this, but then relaxes.
“I see. Well, you seem the trustworthy sort, so I’ll allow it.” He glances out the window and his expression turns nervous. “Hrm, looks to be about the time… I’m afraid a close friend of mine is coming over soon. She’ll probably want some privacy, so I’m afraid I have to cut today short.”
“That’s quite all right, old sport. We’ll just be on our way, then.”
“Thank you. Oh, let me get you a bag to carry your items in.” He rummages behind the counter and pulls out a drawstring bag. “Here you go I really hate to be rude like this, you understand. I’d even rather you stayed, but she more than likely wouldn’t allow that. See you tomorrow.” He says while taking your items (including the mask) from where they rest and placing them inside the bag. He then hands it to you and gives you a wave as you exit with Yue.
“He seemed nervous, didn’t he?” Yue asks.
“Very.”

Well, now what to do? You give your watch a check and see the time.

⌛: 10:21 a.m.

[] Return to Eientei.
[] Go a village
-() Main
-() Bamboo
-() Lake
[] ____
---
Writing and studying for a midterm most certainly do not mix.

>>11640

Far be it from me to interfere with tradition.
>> No. 11659
[x] Return to Eientei.

It's still early yet, but we need to bring back the purchases, leave the guns with Eirin, and let someone know where we'll be going (i.e., one of the villages).

>Feel free to leave Eientei at your leisure, but it would be most appreciated if you tell a rabbit your destination before you go.
>> No. 11661
>It’s pretty relaxing here, so you decide to stay for a bit. The uneasiness caused by the discovery of the mask has left you, the shop is cozy, the company pleasant, and the tea is fine (even if you prefer the English blend just a bit more). This place really has more of a café type atmosphere than a curio. As a café, it is only right to read whilst relaxing, correct?

Maybe opening part of the store as a café could be a business boost for poor Rinnosuke? Besides having different varieties of Outsider tea & coffee, maybe he could sell the mochi made by Eientei's rabbits?
>> No. 11662
[x] Return to Eientei.
>> No. 11679
[x] Return to Eientei.

sounds like Kiene is coming over
>> No. 11682
>>11679

Or Yukari.
>> No. 11708
[x] Return to Eientei.
>> No. 11711
>>11659
>leave the guns with Eirin
Yeah, a gun that could possibly kill gods and/or other similarly-classed individuals such as, say, immortals. I'm sure it's okay to leave that kind of weapon in the hands of a genius doctor.

Say goodbye to Mokou.

Or Kaguya, if there's darkness and mindfuck about later on in the story (and there quite likely will be, if the interrupted rape scene was any indication.).
>> No. 11712
>>11711

1) Eirin has told KC already that Mokou and Kaguya are more friends than they are actual enemies.
2) Why would Eirin kill her Princess' number one source of entertainment?

Stop being so paranoid.
>> No. 11713
>>11682

1) Items of great power find their way into Casey's hands.

2) A mask that fills him with forboding is also thrust upon him.

3) Kourin, who provided these items, has a visitor who would prefer not to be seen by anyone as she arrives.

Hellooooooo plot point!

[x] Return to Eientei.
>> No. 11724
>>11711

Oh, come on. CUtMaS has been mostly Feel Good and Slice of Life. There's no way Harker would kill someone off, right?

....Right?
>> No. 11725
>>11724

Prepare for GRIMDARK and murder.
>> No. 11727
File 122463487212.png - (106.18KB, 422x591, Casey.png) [iqdb]
11727
>>11724
>>11725
>>11712
>>11711

のヮの

>>11679

Not my favorite pairing, but I'd roll with it.

Writing now.
>> No. 11728
>>11727

Is that... a chainsaw cricket bat?

Holy shit. AWESOME.
>> No. 11729
File 122464127091.jpg - (53.22KB, 447x1600, aztecmacana.jpg) [iqdb]
11729
>>11728

I suspect it's one of these :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl
>> No. 11730
>>11729

Damn, I'd love to swing that thing at someone's face...
>> No. 11731
WHERE IS THE WRITAN HARKER
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE WRITAN
>> No. 11732
File 122466747270.jpg - (464.70KB, 1074x1517, Inabas4.jpg) [iqdb]
11732
>>11731

Never said there would be postan. Seriously now, I was able to get some done but enough to warrant posting tonight. Classes have been kicking my ass recently, but by next week the updating schedule should be back to normal.


I think.
>> No. 11738
>Vampire sees the light!: Mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion Remilia Scarlet has converted to Christianity. Now an Irish Catholic, she only accepts the “blood of Christ” in lieu of her usual diet of human blood. It is unknown if her sister will follow her example, but it is likely.

Fuck, Harker. AGAIN.
>> No. 11739
[x] Return to Eientei.

Yes, it would be best to drop off these items, wouldn’t it? Not only that, but it gives a higher likelihood of Eirin having the time to check out the guns (you don’t know when she takes breaks, after all) and you should tell them where you are going. Right then, back to Eientei. As you set off, Yue grabs your hand. When you look at her inquisitively she just smiles at you. Linked as such, the two of you head to Eientei.

About halfway there, Yue begins to talk to you.
“So, why do you think Mister Morichika was so nervous?”
“Can’t say I know. He called his visitor a she, right?”
“Uh-huh.”
“Maybe it’s his girlfriend?”
“Mister Rinnosuke? A girlfriend? Well, he used to be seen with Miss Kamishirasawa, but that hasn’t been for a long time.”
“Oh? Funny, when I met her she sounded like she hadn’t met him.”
“Really? That’s weird.”
“Isn’t it? Well, I’m sure she has her reasons.”
“Yup.”
The two of you chatting marks the rest of your walk. Yue’s normal chores, her friends Konoka and Nodoka, if the carrots are tasty outside the border, things such as that. Before you know it, you have reached the outer garden of Eientei. You never noticed before, but the ground around here is pretty barren. Like the plants and ground are frequently trampled and destroyed. Strange.

After entering the mansion, you hand Yue her items and she goes darting off to deliver them. You lean against a wall and wait for her. Whilst doing so you see Usada and doff your hat to her, only for her to huff and walk away. How rude. You go to smooth your hair, but your hand bumping the pack of cigarettes stops you. Huh, forgot they were there. You’re so used to putting packs under your hat that you’ve learned to subconsciously correct your balance while walking to prevent them from jostling about. You’re reminded of the typical scene of a lady walking with books on her head to attain correct posture. Wonder if Kaguya (“Princess Ka,” as it were) and Eirin had to do that.

Yue returns with a slightly downcast look on her face.
“I’m sorry KC, Miss Yagokoro asked me to do some stuff for her. I can’t go out again right now.” Drat.
“Well, that’s alright. We have plenty of time to play as long as I’m here in Gensokyo.”
“Really? Awesome! See you around, KC.”
“See you, Yue.”
With that, she hurries off. Well, what to do now?

[] Stay here.
Go to:
-() Courtyard.
-() Eirin’s office.
-() Your room.
-() Wander
-() ___

[] Leave.
Go to:
-() Main Village
-() Bamboo Village
-() Lake Village
-() Back to Kourindou. Whoever could his visitor be?
-() Stroll wherever your legs take you.
-() ___
---

Writing then.

>>11738

I understand completely.
What?
>> No. 11744
[o] Eirin’s office.

appraisal time!
>> No. 11745
What, no Haruna?

[✓] Stay here.
-(✓) Wander
>> No. 11746
[X] Check the time
[X] Stay here:
- (X) Eirin's office
>> No. 11753
KC can't take it easy without knowing what time it is.

[⌚] Check the time
[℞] Stay here:
- (℞) Eirin's office

Now that you have a mask, it's time you start thinking about your supervillain alter ego. How do you feel about The Black Dandy? Cut an eye mask out of a piece of black cloth for Yue and you have your sidekick, Domino.
>> No. 11755
File 122476314056.jpg - (224.51KB, 600x800, phanto.jpg) [iqdb]
11755
>>11753

Phanto and sidekick Shy Guy
>> No. 11756
File 122476565061.jpg - (98.05KB, 731x757, yuka - parasol snap.jpg) [iqdb]
11756
>her friends Konoka and Nodoka

[⌚] Check the time
[X] Stay here:
- (X) Eirin's office
>> No. 11757
[x] Check the time
[x] Stay here:
- (x) Eirin's office

Why no Haruna?
>> No. 11759
[†] Check the time
[†] Stay here:
- (†) Eirin's office
>> No. 11761
{~} Check the time.
{~} Stay here.
Go to:
- <~> Eirin’s office.
>> No. 11762
>“Mister Rinnosuke? A girlfriend? Well, he used to be seen with Miss Kamishirasawa, but that hasn’t been for a long time.”

This just in! Harker is Dr doujin!

[†] Check the time
[†] Stay here:
- (†) Eirin's office
>> No. 11786
Sorry about the other day, was out to see the newest Saw movie. Pretty damn good, in my opinion.

>>11757
>>11745

I can't believe I forgot about Paru.

>>11756

What can I say? I suck with names.

>>11762

I'll take that as a compliment. Despite my tastes, KeineXKourin makes sense. Just had to do it so that Keine is still available, you see.

Anyway, writing now.
>> No. 11787
>>11786
Hooray!

And don't lie this time please.
>> No. 11789
File 122493499435.jpg - (205.70KB, 565x800, 83ac2dd2720adec1398df79c0747b955.jpg) [iqdb]
11789
[x] Check the time
[x] Stay here:
- (x) Eirin's office

First and foremost, you must check the time. It wouldn’t do to make a decision without proper knowledge of the hour, correct? Whipping out your watch, you give the face a check.

⌛: 10:40 a.m.

You still have plenty of daylight left, so why not check Eirin’s office? You need these guns appraised, after all, and there’s just as much chance of her being there as not. With this goal in mind, you walk to her office.

Having traveled this direction enough, you find yourself at the door to Eirin’s office quickly. After knocking on the door, a voice slightly higher than Eirin’s beckons you inside. Walking in, you see Reisen milling about the office doing this and that. Her blazer is draped over the chair, baring her arms in her short-sleeved undershirt. She notices you and gives one of her trademark warm smiles.
“Hello, KC. May I help you?”
“Just looking to get Eirin’s opinion on a few items. Rinnosuke got a new shipment.”
“Really? Maybe I could help.”
“Okay. I’d be a fool to doubt the apprentice of a genius.” You say as you take out the guns. Reisen’s face takes a light shade of crimson and giggles.
“You’re such a flatterer, KC.”
“Maybe a bit, but I’m just speaking my mind here. Anyway, here are the items.” You present the two pistols. Reisen first reaches for the Godkiller and laughs quietly to herself. You inquire about this.
“Well, I’m quite familiar with this. The image this gun is associated with, anyway. Where I come from this toy is made to mirror the main weapon of a wildly popular action hero. His name was Sir Archwood Leanback from the series ‘The Dude Has Got No Mercy.”
“That’s an…interesting name.” For some reason you imagine yourself dodging a bullet. Wonder why…
“Us fans called the character ‘Archie.’”
“Us?”
“Yeah, my siblings and I were really enamored with the character. We had all of the merchandise we could convince our parents to buy for us.”
“Really? I assume there was a lot.”
“Oh, of course. His movies, the comics and games based off them, toys, bedding, printed underwear, shirts; there was a lot. I’m glad our masters were so indulgent they allowed more to my parents to keep my sisters and me happy. Say, come to think of it, you look a lot like him.” This interrupts your brief mental image of Reisen in character-print undies.
“Really? I can see why he was so popular, then.”
“Yes, he had a lot of your features. Sharp nose, slightly gaunt cheeks, you look like a live-action version of him. Oh, his hair and eyes were much lighter than yours, though. Blonde and blue.” You like this guy more and more with each added detail.
“So, why the German?”
“Doesn’t it sound tough? They apparently chose it to contrast with his polite demeanor with everyone but the bad guys.” So this “Leanback” character was a Teutonic version of you? Neat.
“That’s fairly slick. So, I’m guessing he fights injustice and all that?”
“Kind of. His main enemy was the ‘Azure King’ and his minions. Thinking back, it was pretty intense for us kids to watch, but it was so fun. He saved his gun for the climax of the story when he had taken enough grief from the King. Then he’d pull it out, load one of the special bullets, say his catchphrase, and begin to ruin the days of the King and all of his henchmen while saying one-liners.” Reisen says in full fangirl mode. “Hey, could you do something for me?”
“Yes?”
“This is going to sound weird, but could you aim the gun in front of you? Like you’re going to shoot someone?” You do so.
“Like this?”
“Yes, but could you try to grimace? Like ‘Oh, I’m so angry and I can’t take it anymore?’” Reisen asks with a girlish joy. Channeling the time Todd swiped your stock of tea, you accomplish this to the best of your ability.
“This good?”
“Perfect! Just one more thing?”
“Hm?”
“Please say this: I’ve got a hand full of death and a head full of mad.” She does her best tough voice as she says this.
“I’ve got a hand full of death and a head full of [i]mad.[i]” You say with added emphasis.
“Oh my God, perfect! You’re the spitting image of him. Thank you so much, I had always wanted to meet Leanback when I was a kid. Now I can die happy.” Her smile quickly disappears and her face reddens after she says this. “Oh, you must think I’m some kind of freak acting like this. I’m so sorry for getting like that, I just…”
“Hey, don’t worry. I’m sure if I was faced with a live version of Biggles I’d act the same.”
“Biggles?”
“James Bigglesworth, one of my heroes growing up. I guess you could say that where Archwood has guns and one-liners, Biggles has piloting and good old British know-how.”
“I see. Well, thank you for indulging my childishness. I’m afraid I can’t help you with the other gun, but if you leave it here I’ll make sure Master sees it. Good day.” Reisen says while leaving, still as red as a boiled lobster.
“Good day, and don’t worry about it. It was cute, if anything.” You say, trying to make her feel better about the whole thing. Reisen doesn’t seem to have heard that last part as she hurries out the door.

Well, now that you have the guns taken care of for now, what to do? You could…

[] Stay at Eientei.
Go to:
-() Courtyard.
-() Your room.
-()W-

“And don’t tell Tewi!” Reisen pops her head back in the office and almost shouts. Good Lord, woman! Don’t scare a guy like that!
“R-Right, of course not.” You say, not quite able to respond as eloquently as you’d have liked. Really, popping in like that when the scene has ended.
“Okay.” Reisen leaves a second time.

Where were you? Oh, right, where to go.

-() Wander
-() ___

[] Leave.
Go to:
-() Main Village
-() Bamboo Village
-() Lake Village
-() Back to Kourindou. Whoever could his visitor be?
-() Stroll wherever your legs take you.
-() ___
---

>>11787

No lie juice here.
>> No. 11797
>His name was Sir Archwood Leanback from the series ‘The Dude Has Got No Mercy.”

Fund it.

>Channeling the time Todd swiped your stock of tea

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[x] Leave.
-(x) Main Village

Let's take those kids up on that offer to have a drink with them.
>> No. 11798
What's that, Reisen?

[x] Tell Tewi.

Will do!
>> No. 11800
[x] Leave.
-(x) Main Village

Okay.
>> No. 11804
>“Kind of. His main enemy was the ‘Azure King’ and his minions. Thinking back, it was pretty intense for us kids to watch, but it was so fun. He saved his gun for the climax of the story when he had taken enough grief from the King. Then he’d pull it out, load one of the special bullets, say his catchphrase, and begin to ruin the days of the King and all of his henchmen while saying one-liners.”

:awesome:

Is KC a bad enough dude to defeat the Azure King and his ⑨ evil henchmen?

[⌚] Check the time.
[x] Leave.
-(x) Main Village.

I wonder if Reisen has any tapes of the series? Might be fun to marathon it when we get back to Eientei. If the gun isn't just a prop, you'll want to know what each of those numbered bullets do. And even if it is, it'd still make a nice present for Reisen.
>> No. 11829
[⌚] Check the time.
[x] Leave.
-(x) Main Village.
>> No. 11843
[?] Check the time.
[x] Leave.
-(x) Main Village.
>> No. 11846
Writing now.
>> No. 11850
[⌚] Check the time.
[x] Leave.
-(x) Main Village.

You wonder how long playing action hero with Reisen lasted. You flick open the watch to check.

⌛: 10:53 a.m.

Well, that didn’t take too long. You’re a bit curious as to where Eirin might be, but reason that she’s more than likely working in the clinic or something like that. You can’t be the only person around here who hurt himself badly enough to warrant medical attention, right? Come to think of it, you really weren’t hurt that badly yourself. Sure, you had a nasty shard of wood in your leg, but you were able to move around and converse with Keine and Mr. Bling with little trouble. Hey, come to think of it, didn’t he invite you to go drinking with him and his girlfriend? Well, time to schedule the appointment; or, failing that, se whatever wackiness you can get yourself into at the main village. You tell a passing rabbit with black hair of your destination and make your way to the exit. She insists on showing you the way out of the forest and you, with no reason to object, let her. To the village you go.

On the way, the little rabbit girl talks to you about this and that. It’s not exactly a dialogue, since the girl has been granted the gift of gab and is able to dominate the conversation. You’d have never guessed a little girl would outtalk you, but as Chuck Barry sang, you never can tell.

Eventually you reach the road and the motor-mouth returns to Eientei. Silence truly is golden. As you walk, you see Mokou’s empty stall sitting on the side of the road. Wonder what her schedule is like. Bah, it’s none of your business. You’ll see her if you see her. Before you know it you have reached the gates of the village.

Once inside, you see a large commotion to the right of the gates. A large group of young and older men are in a group and cheering for something in the center of the mass of humanity.

[] Don’t bother with it. Look for Sen at his father’s shop.
[] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?
---

Short update is short.
>> No. 11851
[] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?
>> No. 11852
[x] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?

In b4 It's a Camel Spider Youkai and a Scorpion Youkai fighting to the death.
>> No. 11854
>>11852
i chuckle'd

[x] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?
>> No. 11857
[] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?

This story. It makes me cry tears of beautifulness.
>> No. 11866
>On the way, the little rabbit girl talks to you about this and that. It’s not exactly a dialogue, since the girl has been granted the gift of gab and is able to dominate the conversation. You’d have never guessed a little girl would outtalk you, but as Chuck Barry sang, you never can tell.

It looks like the rabbit population has taken a real liking to KC.

[x] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?

I hope we're not caught up in a donnybrook!
>> No. 11867
>>11866

I've been to Donnybrook once. They had a rugby tournament there.
>> No. 11871
[†] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?
>> No. 11873
[x] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?
>> No. 11890
Writing process: initiated.
>> No. 11893
>>11890
Ho hum.

FUCK YOU, TRADITION!
>> No. 11894
[x] What's all the hubbub, bub?
>> No. 11895
>>11890

hooray!
>> No. 11899
File 122516641373.jpg - (355.36KB, 622x908, 91008d6e5c8b4045506ec6ef56f460ad.jpg) [iqdb]
11899
[x] Whatever could all the hubbub be about?

That crowd is definitely intriguing. What could be so interesting as to draw such a group? A few things come to mind, but it would be best to check. Heading over to the crowd, you take Cornelius from his regular position in your belt just in case.

Catching the attention of one of the people on the outer rim, you ask him about what's going on.
"Nah, nothing real important. Ol' Takaya is trying to act tough to that sword girl and is gonna get beat down."
"This happen often?"
"Yeah, same old thing. Takaya challenges her, he gets beat. He comes from an old Samurai family, but they're more for the pomp and all that than anything. Their swords are more like jewelry." Suddenly, a sound akin to a pig being struck fills the air. "And that's that."
The crowd splits to reveal a young man clutching his side while a pale girl with a green dress walks towards the opening. Before she leaves the circle, she turns to him.
"Cease bothering me if you have no will to get better. Next time I will actually draw and slice your fool head off." She then turns an about-face and strolls off. You can almost feel her radiating arogance and disgust for the man as she passes you. Takaya, however, rapidly stands and brandishes something that looks suspiciously like a ninja star (is this some kind of kung-fu flick now?).
"Damn you!" He yells as he flings the star at the young woman's direction. Oh bother. With reflexes born from intercepting many-a airborne item, you stick your bat in the way without a thought.
"Now that just isn't cricket. What would your mother say, seeing you act so cowardly?" You say to the disheveled man, hoping that sounded as nice as it did in your head. You turn your gaze to the girl, who is staring at you blankly.
"I could have handled that. You didn't have to step in." She coldly says.
"No doubt, but I couldn't let such a thing come to pass while just standing by."
"You certainly are strange." She turns her back to you. "Still, I thank you. Unwarranted or not, you still did me a favor and I shall not forget that. Your name?"
"Casey Mills, gentleman of two worlds." You say as you bow and plam the cigarettes on your head. "And you, milady?"
"Youmu Konpaku, gardener of the world beyond. Now, I must complete my errands. Good day to you." She then turns to look at the still stunned man, sneers, and walks away. She's awfully intense for one who looks so young. Perhaps she's one of those Youkai things.

As you stroll away from the now dwindling group, you see a familiar woman in a blue dress.
"Hello Mister Mills, good show." She greets you with a bow.
"Good morning Miss Kamishirasawa."
"Please, call me Keine. It's such a mouthful otherwise."
"Only if you call me Casey, my good lady. 'Twould be awkward otherwise."
"I see. Alright, then, Casey. What brings you to the village on this fine morning?"
"Nothing special, really. Just came to schedule an engagement and ended up as you see."
"And see I did. You seem to be the kind of person that is attracted to such events."
"I suppose so. So, is class out or something to that effect?"
"Yes, I let them out early so I could check in on the incident here. Had I known it was these two again, I would have not bothered."

[] Invite her to join you.
[] Don't invite her to join you.
---
Not bothering with []___ this time around since it's pretty much a given you can write-in what you like.

>>11893

What can I say? I'm like Tevye when it comes to tradition.
>> No. 11900
[x] Check the time.
[x] Invite her to join you.
>> No. 11901
[?] Check the time.
-[x] Invite her to join you.
>> No. 11902
[o] Check the time.
[o] Invite her to join you.
>> No. 11903
>>11900
>>11901
You're doing it wrong.

[⌚] Check the time.
[x] Invite her to join you.
>> No. 11904
[⌚] Check the time.
[†] Invite her to join you.
>> No. 11907
File 122519158354.jpg - (72.19KB, 400x600, ab26da3ccdb76c3f7950e652f83bef21.jpg) [iqdb]
11907
[⌚] Check the time.
[x] Invite her to join you.

"Well..." You begin as you check your watch.

⌛: 11:01 a.m.

"If your afternoon has been freed, would you care to join me on this fine day?"
"Eh? Um, well..." She says with a blush. Surely the woman who invited you to a cafe when she first met you isn't feeling shy about this.
"Is something the matter?"
"No, not at all! In fact, I think I will join you after all, if that's alright."
"If it wasn't then it would have been very rude of me to offer, no?"
"I suppose so. May I ask what is first on the agenda?"
"Well, first I planned on going to see Sen at his father's workshop and taking up his offer to go drinking. Truth be told, I really didn't plan anything after that."
"Ah, I see. Well then, shall we go?"
"What of Mister Samurai over there?"
"Don't worry, he'll be too ashamed to show his face for a long while after that."
"I see. Well, let us get going."
"Yes, let's." The two of you walk off to where you believe the workshop to be. While walking, you free the throwing star from Cornelius and pocket it.

Eventually, with ample help from Keine, you reach the workshop Sen told you about. Horseshoe on the sign and everything. You hold the door as Keine enters first and you follow her. Inside you see a man who looks to be in his mid forties puffing on a pipe. He turns a cold gaze on to you that quickly softens when he sees Keine.
"Hello Mister Miyamoto. Is Sen in?" Keine asks the intense man.
"Yeah, in the back. 'Ya want I should call him?" He responds, smoke poring out of his mouth.
"No need, old man. I'm right here." Sen says whilst entering the room. "Oh, hey Case! Here to take up my offer?"
"Indeed I am. Just wondering when a good time would be."
"Hell, right now would be g-" A chunk of metal thrown at his head cuts him off.
"A while after sundown. He'll be done then." The elder Miyamoto says while grabbing for another piece of metal.
"You heard the old man. See you...two then?" Sen says while rubbing his brand new sore spot.
"See you then." You answer. He gives you a thumbs-up before returning to the back. With nothing left to do in the shop, you say goodbye to the older man. Before responding, he just looks you over a couple times before nodding and saying goodbye. Of course, he gives a more polite "See you again" to Keine.

"Well that was...interesting. Felt like the man was trying to stare a hole into me." You say outside of the workshop.
"He's gruff, that's for sure. He's also a good man once you get to know him."
"I suppose. At least my plans for tonight are set. Will you be joining us?"
"Maybe, I'm not sure yet. What shall we do for now?"

Good question. You think you should...

[] Grab something to eat.
[] Browse the market's wares.
[] Find a place to just relax and chat.
[] Go for a walk outside the village gates.
---

I'm in a good mood and can't sleep, so here you go. Perhaps it will make up for the relatively weak previous update.
>> No. 11908
>>11907
[] Go for a walk outside the village gates.

The other choices are very mundane and probably would be the usual winner in voting, here's hoping for a bit of variation.
>> No. 11909
[x] Grab something to eat.
[x] Gossip.
>> No. 11910
[X] Go for a walk outside the village gates.

Could be fun.
>> No. 11914
[X] Go for a walk outside the village gates.

Might as well go for something different for a change.
>> No. 11915
[X] Go for a walk outside the village gates.

Walkies~
>> No. 11916
[X] Go for a walk outside the village gates.
>> No. 11917
[⌚] Check the time.
[†] Go for a walk outside the village gates.
>> No. 11943
Writing has begun.
>> No. 11952
hooray!
>> No. 11956
File 122526424824.jpg - (195.25KB, 850x1105, sample-26f26799e28f85afefd8915a44df7b96.jpg) [iqdb]
11956
[X] Go for a walk outside the village gates.

“How about going for a stroll outside the village? I’m sure you see enough of what’s here day-to-day.”
“Oh, that sounds lovely. I know the perfect path to take, too.” Keine says while clapping her hands together.
“Well then, lead the way, milady.” You say with a beckoning bow.
“Then come along, my good man.” She begins to walk while gesturing you to follow her. Within half a moment you are at her side as she leads you to her chosen area outside the gates.

Exiting from the eastern edge of the village-city, you and Keine mosey along on lesser-traveled roads. Goodness, this area is beautiful. Of course, your companion seems to add to it, but that’s a different matter altogether. You lose track of time as you walk with Keine in contented silence.

Eventually, Keine breaks the silence like that horse broke Christopher Reeves’ spine.
“So, I take it you are enjoying your time here in Gensokyo?”
“Very much so. The people I’ve met so far have been quite welcoming.”
“Well, you aren’t exactly the average outsider. Most are quite rude, to be honest. It certainly doesn’t help that they’re scared out of their minds.”
“I’d imagine not. Fear doesn’t exactly lend itself to good manners.”
“About that, you have been quite unfazed by all of this the times I have seen you. I cannot help but wonder about that.”
“Well, it would be unbecoming to lose my head over something as little as jumping into an entirely new reality.” Keine just stops and stares at you in disbelief.
“Unbecoming?”
“Yes, unbecoming.”
“That’s a bit…” She lets her sentence trail off.
“Okay, I’ll admit it’s a bit more than that. Ever since I was young, things like that just didn’t click for me. Horror stories, haunted houses, the forest at night, they all just didn’t fill me with the same dread as other people. In the words of Doctor Lipschitz, my fight or flight instinct is all messed up. I’m just odd like that, I guess.”
“Oh, I’m sorry.” Keine says, face displaying her remorse.
“Don’t be; I’m not. It’s just how I am.” Keine relaxes after you say this.
“I see. You know, you’re quite an interesting person.” She says as you both resume walking.
“You think so?”
“Yes, I believe so. To tell the truth, I wouldn’t do this with just any man from the village. Spend the day with you, I mean.”
“Really? But the other day you…”
“Took you to the café? I was more acting in the spirit of the Guardian of the Human Village. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s something…friendly about you. Like just by looking at you people can tell you’re a nice person. Perhaps that’s why you’ve been having such luck here. Ah, but look at me ramble on. A habit as a teacher, you understand. I’m sorry if that sounded weird.”
“It’s quite all right. I’m glad you think of me in such a way. You know, I-” You’re cut off by a low growling emanating from Keine’s direction. A discreet look at her cherry-red face confirms the sound to be from her stomach. Pointedly ignoring the sound, you pull out your watch and press the latch release to check the time.

⌛: 12:05 a.m.

Huh, time flies and all that jazz. You turn your head to Keine, face still red.
“I’m sorry to interrupt our pleasant conversation, but I do believe myself to be quite famished. Perhaps I could persuade you to join me for a meal?” Catching on quickly, Keine nods.
“Yes, I do believe I’m a bit peckish.” She says, mirroring your language style, “Since I insisted that we come to this area, you may choose the place to eat.”
“You’re too kind, milady.”

Where to, chief?

[] Back to the village. With the wide variety of items there, they surely have ____ cuisine.
[] Perhaps a certain stoic tomboy is open for business at this hour?
---

That dapperness stat ain't just fluff, you know? Also, if Keine seems to be in a bit too positive of a light, my bad. Trying to work on my descriptions and such and this was a good opportunity. Not because I'm a Keinefag. No way, no how.
>> No. 11960
Keine's fine, just fine. But, this...

>Eventually, Keine breaks the silence like that horse broke Christopher Reeves’ spine.

Too forced. Way too forced. Moreover, I'm certainly no expert, but cracking wise about crippling spinal injuries strikes me as less than dapper.

[X] Back to the village. With the wide variety of items there, they surely have Armenian cuisine.

Fuck yeah, it's fasoula time.
>> No. 11961
File 122526882726.jpg - (46.51KB, 518x376, Orz.jpg) [iqdb]
11961
>>11960

Yeah, seems I fucked up the part where KC is the narrator. And the unfunny /b/-level "humor," of course. Well, too late to delete it now. Live and learn and all that jazz.
>> No. 11963
[x] Perhaps a certain stoic tomboy is open for business at this hour?
I gotta see how Keine and Mokou interact in this story. Not enough of that in the CYOAs so far, except for WUIG which was...not what I'd hoped for.

>>11960
I laughed at that because it came out of fucking nowhere.
>> No. 11964
>“Well, it would be unbecoming to lose my head over something as little as jumping into an entirely new reality.” Keine just stops and stares at you in disbelief.

FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST CYOA PROTAGONIST EVER

[x] Perhaps a certain stoic tomboy is open for business at this hour?


>>11960

Yeah well you know that's just like your opinion man.
>> No. 11969
[] Perhaps a certain stoic tomboy is open for business at this hour?

Mokou's going to taunt us for being together. We will love it.
>> No. 11973
12:05 a.m.? Long walk.
>> No. 11990
>>11973
Holy shit we spent half the day walking!

Hardcore
>> No. 11996
>>11973
>>11990

Never underestimate one who takes it easy in a dapper manner. Or a writefag who fouled up a couple things. Either one applies, really.

Writing now-ish, by the way. Three to one is still a majority.
>> No. 12006
>>11996

hooray!
>> No. 12008
File 122543297014.jpg - (79.60KB, 850x629, Mokou_Keine.jpg) [iqdb]
12008
[] Perhaps a certain stoic tomboy is open for business at this hour?

You have a brief craving for something Armenian at the moment, but you’re not sure if Keine would like it or not. I’d be best to stick with something simple (regardless of your jonesing for some Moussaka right about now). So, what could be simpler than grilled chicken? As luck would have it, you happen to know a panted purveyor of prize poultry platters. She also grills chicken.
“Well, if it’s quite alright with you, how about grilled chicken? I ran into the owner of a food cart the other day and what she sold was rather good.”
“Food cart owner? Did she happen to have baggy and red pants with silver hair?”
“With a quiet disposition? Yes.” You think you can see where this is going.
“Quiet…yes. Always nice to see she’s getting more customers.”
“I’m going to take a wild guess and say you know Mokou?”
“Indeed, I’ve known her since I was a child.”
“Is that right? It’s always nice to see childhood friends stay as such.” Frankly, Keine looks like the elder of the two. She must at least be of an age where she’d be equivalent to Mokou’s older sister. Hell, she could even pass for a young mother.
“Yes, even if it was more my childhood than hers.”
“What?”
“Oh, nothing. Shall we get going?”
“Ah, sure.” Looks like you’ll have to file that one for later. After you follow her to the gates to the village, you lead her in the direction of where you saw the cart. It makes for another pleasant walk on this fine morning.

…Wait, something sounds wrong about that. Isn’t it afternoon? You check your watch as you walk, to see if anything is wrong with it. The little smiling moon on the face tells you that you have erred. With a few quick turns of the dial you have the time properly set at p.m. instead of a.m. How in the name of Septim did that happen?
“Hm? You look troubled, Casey.”
“Just wondering about my watch. It was telling time perfectly up until a few moments ago.”
“Probably a fairy’s prank. They can’t do much, but some have very limited telekinesis.”
“Really? That sounds a bit more threatening than your tone suggests.” Gosh would it be unfortunate if a cute little fairy decided to pop your head off.
“Well, they are limited to twisting motions and even then it can only be to very small areas. I believe the knob on your watch was a perfect fit.”
“Ah.”
“Yes, even then it is very rare for one to show up. How lucky.”
“Yeah, lucky.” Keine’s soft laughter ends up as the last note to the conversation as the two of you continue down the road.

Eventually the mobile stand comes into view, as does the boards over the openings and a sign on the front. It’s large red letters are easily legible even from the distance you are currently at.

****
PISS OFF.
COME BACK LATER.
-ℳ
****

What an inordinately feminine M.
“Well, so much for that.” You say to Keine.
“Well, I wouldn’t be so sure. Just a moment, please.” Your companion says as she approaches the mobile food center. She issues a few quick raps against the side of it and waits. After a bit, she knocks again. And again. After the third time, she sighs and asks you to turn around for a moment, which you do. You suddenly hear a loud thud and a surprised yelp. When you turn back you see Keine adjusting her hat and the stand rocking slightly. Before you can ask just what in God’s name happened, a familiar woman with silver hair comes busting through the door on the side of the cart.
“What?! What in the name of all th-Oh, hey Keine.” Mokou
“Hi, Mokou. Did I wake you?”
“Yeah, you did. Anyone else would’ve been nursing a bloody nose right about now.” She then notices your presence. “Oh, hey Mills. What brings you here?”
“Just on a friendly outing with Madam Keine here.” Keine’s face fills with a sudden dread as Mokou’s takes a mischievous gleam.
“So, the chaste schoolmarm has decided to give it another go?”
“Mokou.”
“Finally got over him, eh? No more lame shopkeeper for you.”
“Mokou.”
“I tell ‘ya, you couldn’t have done much worse than him, but it looks like you’ve traded up bigtime.”
“Mokou!”
“I’d watch out if I were you, Mills. She may be all sunshine and rainbows on the surface, but I’ll bet she’s an absolute freak in bed.” At this Keine lunges at Mokou, fully intent on kissing her like the Scotsmen do in Glasgow. However, Mokou sways to avoid the blow, knocks Keine off balance, and embraces her in a friendly hug.
“Hey now, you know I’m just kidding. It’s just weird seeing you hang out with a guy again, you know?”
“Yes, yes, I get it. Now, would you mind letting me go? I’m sure Casey is feeling quite left out by now.”
“Yeah, sure. So, I take it you guys want some grilled chicken?” Mokou asks as she disengages from Keine.
“That would be nice, if you would kindly.” You say to her, a bit shocked at Mokou’s behavior. You knew she would act differently to close friends, but seeing so much emotion from the normally quiet woman is a bit of a shock.
“Well, just take a seat here and I’ll whip up some food for you two loveb-” Her sentence is cut off by Keine’s diamond headbutt connecting. Ouch.
“The joke’s old.” Is all Keine says.
“Ow, damn it, that hurt. What if you split my skull, huh? Brains dribbling out on the ground, some bubbly pinkish liquid seeping out. “
“You’d get better. Now if you’re quite done?” Note to self: never mess with the schoolteacher.
“Yeah, yeah, don’t get your panties in a bunch.” Mokou says as she pulls two chairs from the front part of the cart. “It’s your lucky day, I have some I killed earlier on ice. Just wait a bit and they’ll be done. You can both handle this much meat, right?” She asks as she shows you a decent amount of meat ready to be cooked. The two of you confirm the amount and Mokou begins cooking.

As you wait for Mokou to cook the food, you become aware of the silence at the stall. Of course there is still the ambient noise of fire “wooshing” and utensils making a “click clack” as Mokou cooks. Taking a glance at Keine, you notice a rather wistful look in her eyes. You could probably chat with them about a few things on your mind right now, if you like. Or you could stay quiet and just let the silence settle. Of course, you could also do something completely different.

You choose to…

[] Chat.
-() Topic?
[] Stay quiet.
[] Take out your blade and start playing the knife game.
[] Offer Keine and Mokou some of your booze.
---

/Who is the one that updates after hours?/
/This writefa~g!/
/This writefag!/
/Tradition!/
>> No. 12009
[] Take out your blade and start playing the knife game.

awesome.jpg
>> No. 12010
[x] Chat.
-(x) "Lame shopkeeper?"

in b4 I'm doing it wrong
>> No. 12011
[X] Chat.
-(X) "I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories."
-(X) Maintain a low volume. After Mokou's display, this may not be something she should hear.

Oh, Keine. My sympathies.
>> No. 12018
[x] Chat.
-(x) "Rinnosuke?"

Mokou already breeched the topic, so it can't get any more awkward than it is. If you plan on ever knowing this, this is probably the best opportunity you'll get.
>> No. 12021
[X] Chat.
-(X) "I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories."
-(X) Maintain a low volume. After Mokou's display, this may not be something she should hear.

Actually, I think it would be much smarter to tactfully not mention the subject at all, but...
Well, if that choice begins to become popular, I'll change my vote.
>> No. 12022
[X] Chat.
-(X) "I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories."
-(X) Maintain a low volume. After Mokou's display, this may not be something she should hear.
>> No. 12026
>>12018
[x] Chat.
-(x) "Rinnosuke?"


It's like Harker just suddenly stumbles across the answer and can't help but blurt it out.
>> No. 12027
[x] Take out your blade and start playing the knife game.

I am a kni~fe
Knifin' around~
Cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut
>> No. 12029
[x] Chat.
-(x) "Rinnosuke?"
[⌛] Check the time.
>> No. 12030
[X] Chat.
-(X) "I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories."
-(X) Maintain a low volume. After Mokou's display, this may not be something she should hear.
>> No. 12033
>>12026

'Tis why I chose the tactless Mokou for the delivery. Act one is pretty Hole of Yago-like when it comes to subtlety.

Votes look tied (Lame shopkeeper? is pretty much the same vote as Rinnosuke?), so I'll wait for a bit longer.

Also, the movie Constantine is quite lame. Pity.
>> No. 12034
[X] Chat.
-(X) "I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories."
-(X) Maintain a low volume. After Mokou's display, this may not be something she should hear.
>> No. 12035
Blurting out a guess is pretty tactless, it's not really KC's style. I'm not sure why we need to know about it, anyway.

[x] Chat.
-(x) "I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories."
-(x) Maintain a low volume. After Mokou's display, this may not be something she should hear.
>> No. 12036
Groovy. Now writing since the site is once again accessible.
>> No. 12039
>>12036

Hooray!
>> No. 12045
File 122554045087.jpg - (115.26KB, 849x637, Mokou_Keine2.jpg) [iqdb]
12045
[x] Chat.
-(x) "I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories."
-(x) Maintain a low volume. After Mokou's display, this may not be something she should hear.

That wistful look on Keine’s face is slightly worrisome. Perhaps Mokou’s jesting was more hurtful than it appeared? Either way, it just wouldn’t sit right with you if you stayed quiet about this. You tap Keine’s arm and speak in a low voice.
"I apologize, Keine. It seems my presence may have roused some unpleasant memories." Keine just smiles at you.
“It’s quite alright, Casey. Really, I’ve stopped being upset about it long ago.” She says at a normal volume.
“But…” “you acted pretty aggressively to Mokou’s taunts.” …is what you would have liked to say, but Keine cuts you off before you can get that far.
“Don’t worry about it, Mokou was just being playful. I appreciate the concern, but there’s no need.”
“If you say so. You just seemed a little put-off, if you don’t mind me saying.”
“Oh? Well, it’s nothing you need to burden yourself with. The very fact Mokou teased me about it is because I’m okay with it now. There really is no need for your concern.” You think the lady doth protest too much, but you decide to let it slide. She’ll tell you if she wants.
“Yeah, I’m not an ass, you know.” Mokou says from the grill.
“Ah, I didn’t mean to imply such.”
“It’s cool. I’m just glad little Keine here is out having fun.”
“Little?” Keine voices her displeasure at that title.
“Listen, as long as you were once that brat who would cling to me as she slept you’ll still be little Keine to me.” She turns her head to reveal a grin. Keine just sighs in response.
“I really should consume that bit of history. You bring it up often enough.” Keine then looks to you, an expression of apology on her face. “I’m sorry, we seem to be leaving you out yet again.”
“It’s quite alright, I don’t mind. I’m a bit confused about your statement about consuming history, though.”
“Oh, I’m sorry. You see, many people here have unique skills.”
“Yes, Miss Reisen at Eientei told me about that.”
“Then this will be easier. I’m sure you’ve seen Mokou’s abilities with fire, yes?”
“Indeed I have. She saw it fit to demonstrate it to me.”
“Well, their powers are more on the concrete scale of things. My personal ability is the more abstract consuming history."
“Consuming history? That is abstract. May I ask how this comes about?” You hear Mokou mutter something along the lines of “Here we go,” but ignore it.
“Certainly. Man writes down events into the annals of history as a matter of course. The most effective method to ensure that they are neglected, abandoned and concealed in the shadows as vestiges of forgotten truths is to devour them completely, leaving nothing behind. My ability is able to do exactly that in varying degrees. Of course, I am unaffected by it.”
“So, in a way, you manipulate reality?” She seems to be in lecturer mode now.
“Almost. As it stands, my powers can only effect the memory of sentient beings. If I were to consume the history of, say, a statue’s existence, it would be ignored and forgotten even by those who would otherwise see it daily. However, it is still there and if someone walks into it they will still collide and become aware of it, negating it’s state of concealment for that person. Also, if another person sees the collision then it will be negated for him and if either of them tell someone else of the event then it will be negated for him or her as well. It is why I usually tell Mokou when I use my power just in case I eventually forget. Oh, I also found out it also doesn’t work on those who are extremely perceptive. Theoretically it could be used to permanently deny the existence of someone or thing if there was enough raw power fueling it.”
“And she still doesn’t use it that often because she doesn’t like the idea of messing with people’s minds.” Mokou chimes in as she sets your plates before the pair of you.
“This is true. I only use it to conceal the village when bands of hostile youkai are near. Memories are precious things and they should not be tampered with lightly.” That’s respectable. It kind of reminds you of Spiderman with his power and responsibility motto.
“So, since you refer to it as consuming history, does it have a taste?” You say with a chuckle.
“Ah, I’m afraid another friend of mine came up with the term and it kind of stuck with me. As for the taste, I suppose the closest I could say would be coffee. At least, that’s the taste that lingers in my mouth after I use the ability.” She says as she daintily picks up a stick of skewered meat. “Of course, I’d much prefer Mokou’s chicken.”
“Aw, ain’t you sweet. Just for that I won’t charge you this time around.” Mokou says with just enough sweetness to be faking it.
“You’re too kind, really. Despite the fact you never charge me, I feel the sentiment.”
“Yeah, yeah. So, enough about her weird powers. How is Eientei treating you? That bitch giving you any trouble?” You wouldn’t think a woman who can set a fire out of thin air could have much to say about the weirdness of another, but you hold your tounge.
“Mokou, really! I let the last two slide, but should a young lady like you really be talking like that?” Keine says indignantly.
“Would you rather I call her a whore with no sense of decency? Like I tell you every time, I’m no young lady anymore.” She relents at Keine’s stern gaze. “Fine, how is that fine young lady treating you?” Mokou almost spits as she says this. Keine just rolls her eyes like an older sister dealing with an annoying sibling.

You respond…

[] “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”
[] “It’s fine, but makes for boring conversation. I’d much rather talk about ____”
---

Once again I fall back on a variation of the blank option. Picture only related in that it contains the same characters, but still cute.
>> No. 12046
[] “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”
>> No. 12047
Harker, where on earth are you that updates come at such an hour?
>> No. 12048
[x] “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”
>> No. 12051
[x] “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”
>> No. 12052
{X} “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”
>> No. 12056
[x] “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”
>> No. 12057
[X] “The people there are kind, so I’m having no problems. I can’t help but wonder about your animosity towards the Princess. She's a bit combative, yes, but not outwardly hostile.”

D'awww, little Keine~
>> No. 12059
File 122558383982.jpg - (74.01KB, 500x600, Mokou_Keine4.jpg) [iqdb]
12059
>>12047

California, but my sleeping schedule is a wee bit on the erratic side.

>>12057

Picture very related.

Writing now.
>> No. 12062
>>12059

hooray!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x