[Return]
Archived thread

File 122203978555.jpg - (247.47KB , 575x682 , Kssa.jpg ) [iqdb]
10755 No. 10755
[x] Seek out Kaguya

At this point in time, you figure that finding Kaguya and talking to her might be the best option. After all, she was the last person you were talking to before you fell asleep. You figure that there's still a couple of hours of daylight left, as evidenced by the bright afternoon sun. Even if things don't go well, you can probably still do other productive things during daylight.

The first place to check for her is the most obvious one – her room. For some reason you think that this might be a bust. It'd be no surprise given your latest track record. The eternal optimist inside does give you enough hope to at least walk to her room and knock. You give the delicate wooden door a couple of light knocks.

“Come in.”

Despite your misgivings, you don't hesitate to open the door. Stepping inside, you're greeted by the familiar disorder that is a staple of Kaguya's room. Amongst a pile of magazines, you see Kaguya casually lying down on her stomach.. She's reading a magazine and with her legs raised and periodically swinging forwards and back.

“Hi there.” You greet Kaguya and sit in a small clearing near her.
“Oh hey Shirou. Lost something?” Kaguya remarks, taking a quick glance at you from the corner of her eyes. She continues to read.
“Huh? How do you figure that?” You ask, bemused at her conclusion.
“Well, why else would you be here?” A couple of answers come to mind. But you don't say anything and let her continue. “You were here less than half an hour ago. I thought you were going to take a nap.”
“I... was?”
“Oh come on, I don't mind spending time with you, but don't play dumb.”

You're honestly not playing dumb. You really can't remember if what she's telling you is true. She honestly doesn't seem like she's playing with you. Then again, she looks more preoccupied with her reading material than with you.

“Why would I take a nap in the middle of the afternoon anyways. I don't really remember why.” You ask, hoping to fish for clues.
“...You said that you were tired. I guess you're not that tired if you got up this quickly.” Kaguya lowers her magazine slightly, turning her head towards you. “I don't want to seem rude, it's just that you told me specifically that you had a rough day. So I started to read this when you left. I... know that you didn't really want to discuss this before much, but could it be that you came back because you had a change of heart?”
“Discuss what?” You ask, disoriented.
“You don't need to act so lost to get my sympathy. You know that I worry about you as it is. If you don't feel ready to talk about what happened, don't feel rushed. You'll tell me what happened with that Alice girl today when you're ready. That's what buddies usual-”
“Alice?!” You cut her off. “I'm sorry, but what exactly did I tell you about her?” In your confused state, you can't even hope to mask the anxiety and excitement in your voice. You're getting a bit worked up.
“Geez man, get a grip on yourself. In case you're regretting bringing up the topic at all, may I remind you that you just mentioned your meeting today in passing? I can't comfort you if I don't know what happened. If you ask me, it's not healthy to keep these things bottled up. You did say that when you met her, it affected your attitude for the rest of the day. Looking at you right now, I would say that's about right.”

You honestly can't remember anything about today at all. She claims that you met with Alice and then mentioned it to her. Try as you might, your last memory is falling asleep in Kaguya's lap. But time clearly has passed since then. Kaguya is staring at you with a perplexed look on her face. It looks like she doesn't quite understand why you're bringing all of this up.

“...What else did we talk about?” You ask after swallowing some saliva. Your throat feels really dry.
“Were you not paying any attention at all?” She then adds with a soft voice. “I'm worried about you. You were acting a bit stiff earlier, and now you look like you're unwell. You're a bit pale and it looks like you're having trouble speaking. I'll call Eirin if you're feeling sick. I don't know if this is all because of her, but please don't get this down on me.”
“Don't call Eirin. I'm fine, really.” You lie, figuring that you at least want to get more information from her. “I guess I am spacing out a bit, I can't even remember what we were talking about earlier. Could you kindly remind me.”
“You're acting weirder and weirder. We didn't talk much. You just told me about your day. You sort of froze up when you mentioned your meeting, but everything up to then was okay. I guess that that sort of encounter in the morning threw you off.”
“Ah ha ha.” A shallow laugh for show. “I guess it did. Even now, I'm not sure that I can remember most of my day.”
“Well, you did gloss over going to school. I guess that's the boring part of your day. Routine makes things unexciting.”
“I'll say.”

You're running out of ways to ask her without telling her that you can't remember what's happened. You're feeling impotent, in more than way, given what's going on. If things remain like this any longer you think that Kaguya might just call Eirin to check up on you. She's looking at you as if you were delirious. You're seriously expecting her to reach out and check if you're feverish at any moment.

[] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon
[] Change the topic to what she has been doing all day
[] Try prying even further about your previous conversation
[] Excuse yourself and leave

>> No. 10756
[+] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon
ENOUGH WITH THE FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.
>> No. 10757
[x] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon
>> No. 10758
[x] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon

Trippan' balls here, doc.
>> No. 10759
[x] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon

I'M THE FINAL BOSS REDUX
>> No. 10762
[x] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon

Damn box, traitorous bitch.
>> No. 10763
So, after falling asleep on Kaguya's lap, we somehow woke up, went about our day as usual, had what sounds like a less-than-pleasant meeting with Alice, and came back home. Either poor Shirou's mind really has snapped and he's experiencing some sort of dissociative amnesia and fugue state, or we were somehow being controlled, possibly via hypnosis or something similar, with the intention of severing our connection with the only person we've clued in to what's been happening to us and who might be inclined to try to stop it.

Either Kaguya knows there's more to it, and is lying about some of our actions so as to lessen our suspicion of what's going on and her involvement in it, or she's actually being honest about what we did, and she's possibly as in the dark about this as we are. She did mention she was worried in part because of how we were acting "stiff" earlier. If she knew we were being controlled, and didn't want us to suspect we were being controlled, it wouldn't make sense to make a point of mentioning a possible symptom like that.

More than that, if she were going to make us do something that we wouldn't remember, I would think she would be at least clever enough to do something to make our suddenly losing a day seem plausible, such as having a couple empty bottles of booze lying around us when we woke up. It would have explained the memory impairment, and would have seemed like a perfectly natural thing for someone like Shirou to do after whatever happened between him and Alice.


[X] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon

I'd be very curious to see how she reacts to this. Hell, I'd be even more curious to see how she reacts if we tell her about all of the weird things that have been happening around us, our hallucinations, and the fact that someone is clearly manipulating us. But that might be saying a bit too much, just yet.
>> No. 10766
[] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon

Shirou's tripping balls.
>> No. 10767
Writing now, didn't expect the results to be completely unanimous. I like at least a single voice of dissent. Ah well, it doesn't make writing any less fun.

>>10762
This ain't got no boxes of ever-changing color. About the rest, well, we'll see, won't we?
>> No. 10769
[x] Come clean, admit that you can't remember anything since yesterday afternoon

“Okay, I've got to level with you.” You've decided to be completely forthright with Kaguya. “I honestly can't remember any of this. Not going to school, speaking with Alice, even talking with you just now. Last thing I recall is falling asleep yesterday afternoon. I woke up and it was today and all these things supposedly happened.”

Kaguya looks at you dubiously for a moment. She furrows her brow and opens her mouth, but no words come out. It takes her another attempt to be able to say anything. And even then, you can tell that she's not quite sure what to say.

“...Is that so? You're not kidding, are you?”
“No, I'm being completely honest. I really don't know what happened after that.”

Kaguya puts down her magazine completely, sitting up with a concerned look on her face. She's looking at you intently, as if studying you. There's a silence between that hangs heavy in the air. You can't bring yourself to say anything, you get the feeling that your words would be somehow muffled in the still air.

In a sudden swift motion, Kaguya closes the distance between you. You don't even have a chance to react. She aggressively places her hand on your forehead. She closes her eyes and seems to concentrate.

“Umm...” You manage to make a sound after a few awkward moments.
“Be still, I'm taking your temperature.” She quietly says, without opening her eyes.

You let her do as she pleases. She takes her and away after a bit, but is now sitting only mere centimeters away.

“I'm not sure if you're sick. I'm no good at this.” She looks at her own hand as if trying to decide what she felt. “I think we should call Eirin. Stay here.”
“Uh, that's not necessary, not yet anyways.”
“Don't be stupid, it's clear that you're unwell.”
“Well, I was just wondering if there was maybe any other explanation besides being somehow sick.”
“Like what?” Kaguya leans in closer. You can feel her breath tickling your face. “You look pretty pale, if you ask me.”
“Well, like I said, I just don't remember anything after sleeping yesterday. You were there, was I acting strange then?”
“Well, well...” She leans back a bit, giving you room to breathe. “You were a such a good listener yesterday. I thought that you just didn't feel like speaking much. And when I left you, you were sleeping like a baby. I didn't really think much of it. Are you saying that something happened yesterday?”
“I don't know if something did, but come to think of it, everything was sort of strange once I came back to Eientei.”

Kaguya puts one of her fingers on her lip and seems to ponder what to suggest next. A distant look on her face tells you that she's thinking of something relevant to suggest.

“Oh! I know.” She pipes up, startling you a bit. “I once heard from Eirin that extreme trauma can cause memory loss. Have you gotten mauled by a large animal or fallen off a cliff lately?”
“...I would think not.”
“Then how about emotionally? Felt really anxious about something and then that turned out to be a huge bust?”
“Even if I did, I can't remember.” You scratch your head. “I'm drawing a complete blank.”
“You know, that just makes me worry even more.” She reaches out and strokes the side of your head. “Go see Eirin, she'll probably help you out.”

If you weren't so worried about not remembering a whole day, you'd appreciate her comforting you. Instead, you can't help but wonder what was the reason for all of this. It's not like anything like this has happened to you in the past.

“Thanks for worrying about me.” You say. “But I think I'll be fine once I figure out what happened. I'm not feeling sick, so I don't think it's that. In fact, I don't think I've felt this well in weeks”
“If you say so.” Kaguya withdraws her hand and moves a bit back. “It's just that there's no need to push yourself for every single thing. Sometimes it's best just to relax and let things go. For your own good.”
“I'll keep that in mind.”

Well, it seems like Kaguya isn't going to be much help. She doesn't seem to know what it is that happened to you nor does she seem that capable of filling in the blanks.

[] Take her advice and go see Eirin
[] Talk to her some more
[] Leave and go elsewhere
[] Curl up into a ball in despair
----
Took me longer than I expected, but that was because I was interrupted by a really early lunch.
>> No. 10775
>>“It's just that there's no need to push yourself for every single thing. Sometimes it's best just to relax and let things go. For your own good.”

In other words, drop the matter. Don't inquire about what happened while you were out of it, don't try to find out what happened with Alice, and just go back to enjoying your time at Eientei.

Between the warning of Kaguya's story, and this current turn of events, I'm wondering if we're being given a sort of chance to change our behavior and turn our attentions back to our hosts instead of the various people and places we've spent so much time drifting to up until now, particularly the ones that would likely strike against Eientei if they had a reason to.

I think I mentioned it before, but clearly whatever reason Kaguya had for bringing us here, it so far probably hasn't been going the way she expected it to. We were supposed to be a fellow NEET and kindred spirit, and yet our own behavior just seemed to be continually drifting away from her own. Eientei gave us everything we could need in terms of food, clothing, and even medical care, yet we made a point of leaving and going out at virtually every possible opportunity. Eientei offered us beautiful women, at least one of whom was perfectly willing to perform "favors" even though the one she gave ended badly (to put it mildly; another way to put it would be "our dick got snapped the fuck in two), yet we wind up becoming smitten by and attempting to woo some doll-maker we met entirely by chance outside. They even made us get a job, and rather than acting as a proper NEET should, fumble around for a little bit, grow tired, quit, and then go right back to being a NEET, we embraced it! They offered us anything and everything we could ever possibly want right there, without ever having to leave the comfort of our new home, and we seemed to push it away or even outright reject it at almost every turn.

Perhaps by forcing us to break up with Alice (assuming that's what happened, of course) someone believed they could remove both a potential threat and a large reason for us to leave or turn against Eientei in one fell swoop? Left with no other reason to venture into the world outside, we would quickly fall back into our NEET lifestyle, and find comfort in the best friend who we have seen so little of. Ultimately, we would take our rightful place at Kaguya's side.

The hallucinations and other mind-fuckery could easily be a combination of attempts to control us to this end, or simply unforeseen coincidental side-effects resulting from putting a normal human from the outside in an environment with such things as a humanoid rabbit with the ability to cause visual and auditory hallucinations, to say nothing of the potential illness and diseases he might be exposed to.

The only thing that doesn't really seem to add up is this mysterious third party. The one that made a point leaving "signatures" to identify them messing with us in strange ways, like warnings we can't technically remember or having ourselves and our clothes transported to separate locations after having a fucked-up flashback/dream and obtaining a note from said flashback/dream. Then there's that cloaked fellow who visited us and proceeded to be maddeningly unhelpful and made it clear that "they" are more or less watching us for entertainment. If they were the same ones behind the lipstick and smell, though, it seems odd they'd make a point of disguising their form and voice.

Of course, there could be more than one mysterious extra parties watching and screwing with us, but that would make things excessively convoluted, and if it turns out that most of Gensokyo's power players are treating us like some bizarre Reality TV show, then we may as well just bend over and kiss our ass goodbye right now.

I'm not sure where I'm going with all this, but I hope we get some damn answers and exposition by the end of all this. As a certain other story displayed, nothing sucks worse than being put through hell and being denied any and all explanation as to why it was happening.
>> No. 10776
Oh yes, I forgot to vote.

[X] Leave and go elsewhere

Tempting to go see Eirin if only to see what her story is, but otherwise I think if we're going to look for information we need to search elsewhere. First of all, we need Tewi.

Secondly, I think we should finally make a point of snooping around Eientei again. We still haven't found what that key the bunny gave us is supposed to unlock, and "Mr." Cloak did hint that we might find some interesting things if we just searched around.

It might be tempting to go straight out and try to fix things with Alice, but I think we should go slowly and cautiously there, and not rush in. For starters, we need to find out what happened from someone else. Once we have a better grasp on the situation, we can think about what we might do to fix it...not to mention what we might have to be wary of in order to do so. Depending on how bad things got, we might not have just Alice to worry about, but Marisa as well, not to mention anyone else that Alice is close friends with.
>> No. 10778
While I choose not to comment on plot points and events, I can tell you something about this:
>I'm not sure where I'm going with all this, but I hope we get some damn answers and exposition by the end of all this. As a certain other story displayed, nothing sucks worse than being put through hell and being denied any and all explanation as to why it was happening.

While I can promise that I won't leave you high and dry, don't expect that everything will default into a nice and tidy exposition. You'll get a satisfactory explanaition, as far as the route is concerned. Whether or not there are alternate explanaitions and different points of view based on alternate perspectives is a non-issue. The truth tends to be subjects and whatever conclusions you arrive at after taking a certain path would almost certainly be different from conclusions made on another. Yes, I know, that's a vague statement.

There may be parts of the story that can only be truly understood if seen on another route or explained under other circumstances. Hell, sometimes reasons given in one scenario might turn out to be completely false as well under another scenario. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

As for the rest, well... there'll be something that will most certainly clear things up. Perhaps after a little soul-searching or very definite decisions.

Also, holy hell man that's a lot of text. Makes me ashamed to write anything less than a wall. I do enjoy it though, and I'm sure other people do too.
>> No. 10779
[x] Take her advice and go see Eirin

Fuck it, man. Just enjoy the ride. Ignorance is bliss.
>> No. 10781
>>“Oh! I know.” She pipes up, startling you a bit. “I once heard from Eirin that extreme trauma can cause memory loss. Have you gotten mauled by a large animal or fallen off a cliff lately?”
>>“Then how about emotionally? Felt really anxious about something and then that turned out to be a huge bust?”


>>"You did say that when you met her, it affected your attitude for the rest of the day. Looking at you right now, I would say that's about right.”

>>"You sort of froze up when you mentioned your meeting"


I think I'm seeing a pattern here
>> No. 10782
>>10778
That's fine. I wouldn't expect to learn absolutely everything from just one route, anyway. Gotta leave some incentive to check out the other angles.

>>Also, holy hell man that's a lot of text.
Yeah, I know. It seems to have become somewhat of a habit.
>> No. 10784
[x] Leave and go elsewhere
>> No. 10785
[X] Leave and go elsewhere
>> No. 10789
[x] Take her advice and go see Eirin
>> No. 10790
Why do you people keep posting these things? Sage and thread hidden.
>> No. 10791
>>10790
Oh no, anything but a sage. And I'm even sadder that you've hidden the thread. Now you'll never know just how big my heartbreak is ;_; Maybe the picture will get my point accross. Maybe one day we can reconcile. After all, I've just been dealt a deathblow.

On a more relevant and productive note: I'm off for a couple of hours to get rest, think, and of course to tend to my devastated heart. Voting remains open until then. Definitely less than 12 hours from now.
>> No. 10792
[X] See if you can't get the internet on your PDA.
[X] Ask the message boards for help.

In before "There's no internet, Gensokyo faget" It's always worth a shot.

Besides, Kaguya seems to get it fine.
>> No. 10794
>>10791
When will you ever learn to ignore Trolls.
>> No. 10797
>>10792
I'd like to venture and say that there isn't wireless internet around. Plus, given the way that the internet works, we'd either gain a deus ex machina of sorts or just unhelpful and irrelevant advice. If enough people wanted to, I could do it, but it'd likely fall more into the 'flavor' category for an action. Oh, and you came on the IRC channel once and no one replied, right? You caught me when I was sleeping and otherwise a bad time, try again sometime. The other writefags here also come on.

>>10794
If you've read thus far you'd know I usually do, Mr. Amateur. I just figure that when I'm sufficiently bored and I need to otherwise post for some reason, I might as well humor (read: have fun) myself with these empty and shallow posts. What's the worst that happens? I just get inane and pointless posts like thi- OH WAIT.

Voting is still open as I have things to do before I'm able to write again.
>> No. 10798
Under other circumstances i'd rush out to find alice so i can know wtf happened, but since Kaguya seems to be very responsive now ill:
[X] Talk to her some more
then:
[X] See if you can't get the internet on your PDA.
[X] Ask the message boards for help.
for t3h lulz
>> No. 10804
>[ ] Talk to her some more
If you vote for this, you better write-in a topic. Knowing Teruyo, he'll have us talk about Code Geass for 3 hours before she kicks us out of the room for no real reason.
>> No. 10806
>>10804
If you must know, this option has a subselection for topics. I've only railroaded your dialogue choices once, and that was mainly just to advance the clock.
>> No. 10810
>>10797
even YAF doesn't fail so much
>> No. 10813
>>10810

Nice try, tripless YAF.
>> No. 10814
>>10813
Now you got me
>> No. 10815
>>10781
>>I think I'm seeing a pattern here

I'm...not.
What are you seeing?
>> No. 10830
>>10815
It looks like something traumatic might have happened when we met Alice, and that might have caused the memory loss. Maybe.
>> No. 10845
>>10830
Huh. Interesting.
So, rather than something screwing with our head causing our incident with Alice, our incident with Alice may have screwed with our head?
>> No. 10866
Laziness, fate, and perhaps worst of all - Mega Man 9 - have conspired to keep from writing. To be truthful I was more inclined to write something besides the main story. In part due to a weak turnout, but also because I had a couple of ideas floating around. But I dunno. I'll decide something eventually and write before the day is done - probably. Eh, times like these I feel like a little push in the right direction would be best.
>> No. 10877
>Mega Man 9

Shit game is shit. If you're going to slack off, do it in style.
>> No. 10882
[x] Leave and go elsewhere

Without any further ceremony you get up to leave the room. Although you're not feeling that strongly about this, you nonetheless decide to leave and go somewhere else. Kaguya doesn't let up that easily, and asks you where you're going. She doesn't move from her spot on the floor.

“Going to see Eirin now?”
“Not right now.” You reply as you reach the door.
“Fine. Suit yourself.” Kaguya barks at you with a completely irked tone. You don't turn around to look at her expression, and you're not sure if she's bothered because you're blatantly disregarding her advice or something else altogether.

You silently slide the door open and leave. You hear Kaguya mumble something as you close the door again, but you don't hear what it is. Leaving Kaguya's room behind, you walk the corridors absentmindedly for a while. There's still a lot of natural light left in the day and Eientei doesn't seem to be as desolate as it can get at times. There are rabbits moving about near the main entrance. You wave at a few of the idlers, but they flat-out ignore you, and when you pass by close enough they disperse and flee. You get the feeling that they're ignoring you for some reason. It wouldn't be the first time, but you could have sworn that your relations with them were warming up as of late.

Being a creature of habit, you just venture into the parts of Eientei that you're familiar with. Your subconscious drive doesn't allow you to blindly stumble around in the areas that you're not 100% confident about. This causes you to end up eventually at the entrance of Eientei. Deciding to go wherever your feet takes you for a while longer, you wander into the bamboo brush. You know the direction you're going in already, it's the general direction of the human village. Even if you stray from the path, you're fairly certain that's where you're headed.

You reach a small clearing. There's a surprisingly large amount of small clearings like this scattered throughout the area. You park yourself down on a small rock and think about what to do now. Your whims have carried you out here, somewhere near Eientei but in the direction of the human settlement. There's any number of places that you could go to now, most of which you would reach before the cover of darkness. You're still disoriented about what exactly happened, and you're mostly sure that you can't just brush it off.

[] Return to Eientei for now
[] Stroll through and 'explore' the Bamboo Forest
[] Head to the human village
[] Other destination (specify)
------
Such a long time, for such a short update. Well, at least I can freely write now. If that's any solace.

>>10877
Thank heaven for plurality.
>> No. 10890
[] Head to the human village

We should really find out what happened while we were "out."
>> No. 10891
[] Head to the human village
>> No. 10892
>>10877

Underaged b&'d detected.
>> No. 10893
[x] Stroll through and 'explore' the Bamboo Forest
>> No. 10898
[X] Stroll through and 'explore' the Bamboo Forest

If we're lucky, perhaps we'll run into Tewi, though even Mokou would be fine.
>> No. 10904
>>10898

>“Fine. Suit yourself.” Kaguya barks at you with a completely irked tone. You don't turn around to look at her expression, and you're not sure if she's bothered because you're blatantly disregarding her advice or something else altogether.

>You silently slide the door open and leave. You hear Kaguya mumble something as you close the door again, but you don't hear what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnX0yEFIyRs

Seconded half EVERY RELATED.
>> No. 10908
>>10904
...What.

That said, vote is split and still open.
>> No. 10914
[X] Stroll through and 'explore' the Bamboo Forest
>> No. 10959
[X] Head to the human village
>> No. 10967
[] Return to Eientei for now

Damn it we need to check the mansion! We KNOW there's something to be found, I'm not voting any other way given this kind of option until I've learned SOMETHING.
>> No. 10968
>>10967
fine... since someone had the balls to do it, even if it's kind of silly
[X] Return to Eientei for now
>> No. 10971
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1175225991

Trippan' balls while waitan' for updates.
>> No. 10977
[x] Head to the human village

Since you've come this far, you might as well go to the human village. You pretty much know the best way to get there like the palm of your hand. The village is in its usual jubilant afternoon mood. Some people are closing up early, others stand by and engage in idle gossip. This is probably much healthier than everyone rushing home to watch TV.

A couple of odd things happen when you insert yourself into this common scene. Almost immediately the women of the village seem to look at you and whisper among themselves. You're more curious than offended by this behavior. You near one of the groups to try to understand what's going on. You give a group of housewives a proper “Good afternoon” and they don't reply in kind. Not immediately anyways. They seem to look at each other for a moment before nervously giving you a “good afternoon” in return. It's the damnedest thing. Before you're even able to talk to them they each make up an excuse and then disperse. You're left standing, confused.

The immediate conclusion is that they were talking about you. Or something that concerns you. You're not sure what it could be, frankly. You don't think that you're famous in this village for anything besides being a substitute teacher – if that. You haven't even possibly met all of the villagers, so anything they know about you it's spread by word of mouth. And the only people that you think would talk about you are your students or the BMW.

You continue to walk through the village, conscious of the fact that you're getting stares from the general populace. You're about to go and grab a random villager and shake him until you get answers, when fate intervenes. Well, if fate were an obese lush that hangs out in the alley between the butcher's and the grocer's. His immense arms grab a hold of you and weigh you down to the point of completely immobilizing you. They're blubbery and feel cold. You're about to turn your head to face your captor, when a foul stench – something like eggnog that's been left out in the sun – violates your nostrils. You almost gag.

“You looked like you could use a hug there, buddy.” An eerily musical voice tells you.
“Please let go of me.” This is no hug. You're trying your best not to hurl right now.
“Sheesh, no need to be so uptight. I'm just trying to make ya feel better.”
“I'd appreciate it all the same if you could let go.”
“Fine, fine. A bit snippy, eh? That's okay, my ma always told me that when a man is down he doesn't think straight. I forgives ya.”

The man lets go of you, twirling you in the process. You're now facing a pudgy mass of flesh that some might call a face. Two beady eyes and a small circular mouth interrupt his freckled face and cinnamon hair. You think he's smiling at you. Truth be told, you're uncomfortable at being this close to this man.

“Can I help you?” You manage to muster, realizing that you're not going to be let go so easily.
“Help me? Oh no, I couldn't ask for that. Like I said, I was tryin' to make ya feel better.”
“What do you mean?” You ask the beady eyes.
“Tough guy, huh? Well, you don't look too beat up about it. So I guess it's fine. I just heard from the guys that you might be not so hot. I don't know if you can tell,” He pulls back and looks slightly embarrassed, “but I've had a few.”
“Wow, I couldn't tell.” You say sarcastically. The intent is lost on him. More importantly, you pick up on what he was saying. “What's this about the guys? What were they saying about me?”
“Oh, don't worry about that. They were just discussing your little problem down at the tavern. Hard not to, with it being the talk of the town.”
“Wait, talk of the town, me?!”
“Oh man, it just makes me cry.” And just like that, the pasty giant starts to break down into tears.

And further attempts to communicate with the foul-smelling behemoth are fruitless. He lets go of you and sobs like a little girl. When you try to comfort him, he cries even harder. He then impetuously pushes you away and runs away, faster than you'd think it possible for a man with his body. You're left standing at the entrance of the alley, speechless.

It's only now that you notice that the sanitary practices of the villages ain't exactly up to par with the outside. You spot rotten fruit and bits of bone strewn about. The smell isn't any good either. But it's definitely different from that guy. Lucky for you, no one seems to have witnessed that exchange. You're sure that very unsavory rumors could come out of that little encounter. As you walk back on the streets, you feel the gaze of some of the villagers on your back. This is getting tiresome.

[] Go to the tavern
[] See if Keine is in
[] Try to grab a random villager and get answers now
[] Village of weirdos, leave
---
This had the most votes when I last checked. I was going to toss a coin anyways to break the stalemate, so it's just as well that I use that vote that was deleted. Vote and I shall write, if I don't write, it's because of lack of votes.
>> No. 10980
[x] See if Keine is in.

You need to sit down with someone and explain very carefully that you've lost about a day's worth of memory, that this is probably not the first time this has happened, and that you're contemplating ending your life before you lose yourself completely.
>> No. 10981
[x] Go to the tavern

SUP BITCHES.
>> No. 10983
[x] Go to the tavern
>> No. 10985
[X] See if Keine is in

We need some answers, STAT, and there's only two likely places to find them.
The tavern is much easier to find, relatively speaking, but if that guy is any indication, we'll be lucky to get ANYTHING of use out of anyone there. Even if we can convince any of those drunken nutjobs that we have no clue what they're going on about, we'd still have to struggle to get anything resembling a coherent explanation from them.


Keine, on the other hand, might be trickier to track down, and depending on what happened and what she knows/believes, we might have to do a lot of explaining to convince her of what's been going on with us lately. If nothing else, she is bound to be much more receptive to logic and reasoning than any of those drunkards would be.

Of course, I could be wrong. Sometimes, you won't find a more honest man than one that's utterly smashed beyond coherence.
>> No. 10987
[x] Go to the tavern
>> No. 10988
[x] Go to the tavern
>> No. 10991
God, it's like every time that I actually have to write stuff gets in the way. I'm definitely going to have something after an hour or two, it's just that fate seems to like torturing me.

Template might as well be related.
>> No. 10998
[x] Go to the tavern

As you approach the tavern, you hear the normal noises that you're accustomed to. Even from far away you can hear the loud voices of men laughing and making crude jokes. It's as about as lively as it usually is. Perhaps strangely so, considering it's still quite early. As you near, you can feel the warmth of the atmosphere get to you. You find that you're feeling a mixture between happiness and anxiety. You also wonder how the neighbors deal with this noise on a daily basis. The houses around the tavern are eerily still and dark, as if the inhabitants are shutting themselves in.

When you step inside, you find that the scene matches the noise. Several rowdy men are drinking, talking, and playing the occasional game with several waitresses scurrying back and forth with large pitchers of beer and other drinks. You greet a regular that you recognize by the door and sit on a stool at the counter. The ambient noise dies down quite radically. It's the same as the villagers standing about outside. Incessant whispering.

It bothers you. A lot. So much that you're about to stand up and scream at the patrons. Why the hell is everyone acting like this? You turn around and see that they're all staring at you. Heck, even the waitresses are looking at you with a look of pity. Just as you start to get up, a hand from across the counter stops you. The tavernmaster is telling you to calm down with his eyes. You take a hint from his strangely sympathetic look and settle down.

“Here, have a beer kid.” You're given a large transparent mug filled with amber-colored beer. “As for the rest of you,” The bartender barks, “carry on! No need to make a scene.”

The patrons seem to hesitate for a bit before talking as before. But before long, the hall is filled with the same old laughs and lively conversation that's staple.

“Sorry about that.” The tavernmaster apologizes. “I didn't mean for it to be awkward for you. It's just that all of the guys have been talking about it all day. Can't blame them, it's a normal for rumors to spread fast in small towns.”
“Thanks, I appreciate it. I'd just like to know what exactly they're talking about.”
“Are you sure? I'm not sure how much of it is true, I can just tell you what the gossip is all about.”
“I think I can handle it. Plus, it's annoying to have half the village talking behind your back about something you're not sure about.” You then add, after musing for a bit. “How did it all get started anyways?”
“Someone saw you after you left school. And well, some of the student's mothers were talking to their husbands about it as well. Can't expect this sort of thing to remain under wraps. Oh, and drink up, from what I heard you need it.”

You do as the tavernmaster says and take a sip from your beer. Although you have no idea what he's going on about, you just keep quiet and play along. It's a valuable chance to get more information about what happened today. Cryptic ramblings from a lush just doesn't cut it.

“All of this started apparently when during lunch some of your students saw you leaving school. The kids said that you looked worried. But that might just be kids making things up, they're like that. Bunch o' runts.”
“And? What's so worthy of gossip there?”
“Settle down. Every story has its beginning. Apparently you weren't acting too normally after you came back. You kept making mistakes in your lesson and forgetting things. They said you looked a bit pale as well.”
“...” You can't comment since you can't remember any of this.
“Thing is, you didn't do a good job concealing that you were thinking about something else. Even Keine picked up on her. She asked you if anything was wrong. You mumbled something that only she heard and then ran away. Just turned tail and bolted out the door. Everyone was so surprised that nobody bothered chasing you.” The tavernmaster sizes you up with his gaze as you calmly sip from your beer. You are just trying to listen to as much as possible. “Well, then there's the other part of the gossip. One of the regulars here, fish lips over there,” He points to a man with very thick lips that's chatting away excitedly in a corner with a couple of guys, “said that he saw you running through town. He tried to say hi, but he said that he thought that he saw you crying. Blubbering like a wee lass.”
“Crying? Wasn't I running?”
“Hey, I don't know. This is all what the guys were talking about. You tell me if you were crying.”

You want to say “I can't”, but it might be prudent not to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

“Is there anything else?” You ask.
“Well, naturally the gossip isn't really about what happened, but why it happened. In fact, the guys have a pool going on. From what I've heard the women are saying that you got dumped by someone or that you miss home. But the guys are split. Some are saying you got someone knocked up, others are saying that you were cheated on.” The tavernmaster leans in closer. “If you tell me what it was, I can cut you in on some of the profit. No one has to know we made a deal.”

You try your best not to betray the multitude of feelings swirling up inside you. You just give the tavernmaster a generic smile, all the while wondering if the man has no sense of decency. His goofy grin indicates not.

“I think I'll pass.” You make sure to let him down easy. “I think I understand what all the fuss is about, thank you for filling me in.”
“No sweat. Take it from me kid, things will pipe down after a while. Probably around next time the twins get caught kissing in public.”
“The twins? Haven't heard of them.”
“Good. There ain't nothing more pathetic than grown men living in their mother's house playing games of pretend.”
“...” You decide not to inquire further. You've had more than enough of an earful for today. You finish your beer and wonder what to do next. At least you know that the villagers are just gossiping about relatively harmless stuff. Nothing that would cost you your future here.

The tavernmaster is now preocuppied with filling orders from customers. You watch as he personally delivers a couple of grilled sausages and mashed potatoes to a patron. Your eyes meet his as he turns around and comes back to the counter. It looks like he half expects you to say something else. Perhaps take him up on that offer. Not going to happen any time soon. Last thing you need are rumors about you being validated.

[] Head back home, you've heard enough
[] Drop in to visit Keine
[] Try to find out more information from the patrons
[] Go relax somewhere quiet
----
Not one, nor two, nor three hours, but even longer than anticipated. Hooray for life!
>> No. 11001
{X} Go relax somewhere quiet.

Chill~
>> No. 11002
[x] Drop in to visit Keine

I trust her. Don't you trust her?

>There ain't nothing more pathetic than grown men living in their mother's house playing games of pretend.

You've still got it, Teruyo.
>> No. 11012
[X] Drop in to visit Keine

Let's just keep filling in the blanks, shall we?
>> No. 11013
[X] Drop in to visit Keine

Something has left us in despair.

Inb4 Paranoidanon and his crazy theories.
>> No. 11014
>>Inb4 Paranoidanon and his crazy theories.

Eh. I got nothin'.
>> No. 11017
[] Drop in to visit Keine
>> No. 11033
[X] Drop in to visit Keine
>> No. 11047
Never thought you'd update, Teru. :V

[x] Drop in to visit Keine
>> No. 11049
I was supposed to be writing, but life happens. I'll get to it eventually. Probably at most 7 minutes a couple of hours. Whenever I finish my business. Well, there's not that much traffic at this hour anyways.
>> No. 11051
[X] Drop in to visit Keine

Some where, deep below the layers of confusion and misdirection there are answers to be found. It's like a game of pass the parcel with about ten different parcels going around, we can only take one layer off a certain mystery before the next is handed to us. And even if you get one mystery unwrapped, you need the rest to know the whole story.

I propose we hang onto a parcel until it's shredded and the answer naked to the world, we should stick to one region and do exhaustive research until we either know something useful or can't go on any more.

As soon as we've spoken to Keine, we go see Alice if possible and then we don't leave Eientei AT ALL for a couple of days.
>> No. 11053
>>11051

I had long given up hope for solving any of the mysteries in this story, but your enthusiasm is oddly infectious, Scorn.

[X] Drop in to visit Keine
>> No. 11055
>>As soon as we've spoken to Keine, we go see Alice if possible and then we don't leave Eientei AT ALL for a couple of days.

Don't worry. I get the feeling that after we see Alice, we won't want to leave Eientei again anyway.
>> No. 11060
[X] Drop in to visit Keine

Visiting someone who can manipulate history might be a good idea if you can't remember what the hell you did yesterday.
>> No. 11069
[x] Drop in to visit Keine

Shrugging your shoulders and putting down your empty glass, you get up from the stool. Everyone in the tavern is caught up in their own business; the only person that even notices that you're leaving is the tavernmanster. He gives you a small nod which you return. You gladly leave the noisy tavern. They'll probably keep up the lively atmosphere until the small hours of the morning. You've seen how chaotic things can turn in a flash. Every time that you're in there it seems like something odd happens. Better not tempt fate.

You weren't inside for very long, but the mood of the day is somehow different. Even though it's not quite dusk yet, the day seems somehow darker. There's less people on the streets, the vast majority has gone home by now. It's only the gaggle of drunkards that would even consider spending the rest of the day in a stuffy tavern. You look up in the sky, the sun is currently behind a curtain of clouds. The blanket of clouds might mean rain later on. You ought to consider investing in an umbrella sometime soon. It's not nice to get drenched all the time. Heaven knows that your body doesn't seem to appreciate it.

As you walk the streets towards the outskirts of the village, you reflect a bit on your medical history. At least, on the one you've had since you've gotten here. You've collapsed or have been otherwise incapacitated all too often. And every (non-alcohol related) incident has ended with you in the clinic. Thank goodness that Eirin doesn't charge you for all of this, you'd be debt-bound and would probably have to work the costs off for a very long time. It's nice to know that there's at least one physician out there that believes in helping others before the possibility of profiting from suffering. Well, you haven't really ever talked about it with Eirin, so you don't know if that's what she really believes in. It's just that, right now, as you trudge through this village full of gossips and passive-aggressive inhabitants you'd like to at least believe in someone's fundamental sense of compassion. It should be natural to humans, right?

You clear the village proper as your thoughts turn on the person you're going to go see. Keine is probably the most compassionate person that you know. Or at least one of the most helpful. She doesn't seem to get miffed nor bothered by most of your antics and she's been generous. It's not very often that you find an individual that's willing to trust a (relative) stranger so quickly and thoroughly. You have her to thank for your current job, as well as a few nice nights of dining and drinking. You haven't really had time to talk to her lately, and the few words that you do exchange with her are more often than not about teaching. You try to see if you can remember the quickest route to her place. A lot of the paths here wind around the fields and there are boatloads of shortcuts and side paths.

You spot in the distance a couple of your students. They're lying down staring at the sky on a grassy knoll. It's a bunch of the older kids. They haven't spotted you, and it's unlikely that they will since they're all preoccupied talking amongst themselves. They'll have to join the workforce soon, and that means apprenticeships or, in the case of the girls, mostly doing housework full-time. It's not really fair, but these are about the only choices that they have available to them. Well, they already do seasonal work on the fields from what you understand. Everyone in the village pitches in during harvest.

Huh, that's interesting. Two of your students are holding each other's hand. You never would have figured those two for a couple. It must be nice having a nice quiet courtship in a place like this. Although it's probably a pain if their parents don't approve. Well, it's none of your business. You look away from the students and focus on getting to Keine's. If you wander absentmindedly like this you'll end up lying in some grassy field contemplating life, the universe, and everything. Or worse yet, if you don't watch your step you could fall down a hole and then be unable to get out. Not that there's any such danger to be found in the immediate area, but it's always best to be on-guard here in Gensokyo.

You can now just barely see Keine's place over the edge of a planted field. It's the only house around these parts, and you think that even in the best of circumstances it'd take a good ten minutes in any direction to actually get to someone else's home. You wonder if the placement of her place is intentional or if it just happened to be the only plot of land available to her. At least the solitude means that she can do as she pleases. Like throw really loud all-night parties. Not that she's the type of course, but there's something amusing in the thought of imaging Keine as a stereotypical obnoxious and party-crazed host from the outside. Heh, you can just picture the body shots and the all-around madness. Quite the far cry from what you're accustomed to.

Before you realize it, you're staring blankly at the side of her house. The positive thing about drifting off is that time flies by quickly. You've crossed the fields in what felt like no time at all. There aren't that many windows so you can't tell if she's in right now. There's a small fenced-off area in the back where you think she has a small orchard. You circle around to the front. The only way to check if she's in is to knock on her door. For some reason, your gut feeling tells you that she's not in. But you've been wrong before. You step up to her door and raise your hand. You're about to knock when a voice interrupts you.

“I've been expecting you.” It's a deep voice, but definitely feminine. “Don't turn around, if you do I'll blast you. Dear old Keine won't be ever able to completely clean off the mess you'll make if you act stupid.”

The voice sounds serious. You decide not to risk it.

“Fine. I'll stay as I am. Who are you and what do you want?” You state with a confident voice. You're not going to get intimidated just like that.
“I knew if I waited here you were bound to show up, it was inevitable.” You hear a couple of quick shuffled footsteps. You then feel a sharp object poking you in the back. “This here can take you out in a moment if you're careless. I want you to slowly turn around and face me when I tell you to. Do you understand?”
“Yes. What do you want with me?”
“Enough with the questions.” The person takes a few steps back, giving you some space to turn. “Alright, turn nice and slowly. It looks like it's time to get down to business.”

You feel like sighing but manage to hold it in. You instead start to turn slowly around. It's time to confront whoever this is.
------
Partial update. Sorry it took so long. The rest will come soonish.

>>11053
I have to agree with this anon.

>Don't worry. I get the feeling that after we see Alice, we won't want to leave Eientei again anyway.
Won't want to, can't because you've swapped bodies with a Komodo Dragon, we shall see what happens when the time comes.

>>11060
If I'm not mistaken, in her normal form she can only hide history.
>> No. 11070
>You feel like sighing but manage to hold it in. You instead start to turn slowly around. It's time to confront whoever this is.

Holy cliffhanger Batman! 10:1 odds it's just someone we know fucking with us.

>Won't want to, can't because you've swapped bodies with a Komodo Dragon, we shall see what happens when the time comes.

Teruyo, you are the master of self-parody.
>> No. 11074
>>Won't want to, can't because you've swapped bodies with a Komodo Dragon,

Actually, if we assume that to be the straw that finally causes Shirou to snap, then finding out he's suddenly become a Komodo Dragon would likely inspire Shirou to embark on a rampage across Gensokyo, attacking all he encounters with his toxic, bacteria-ridden slobber.

Not as dramatic as engulfing all of Gensokyo in flames in a fit of madness, but you take what you can get when you no longer have opposable thumbs. Or hands.
>> No. 11076
>Don't turn around, if you do I'll blast you

Reisen or Eirin?
>> No. 11079
Who it is is more than obvious even before you turn completely around. The dark red pants is the first thing that catches your eye. There's only one person that you know that would wear clothes like these. You look up to see a beaming Mokou pointing a stick at you. Her completely smug and satisfied expression is more than enough to make you let out that sigh that you suppressed earlier. She reminds you of a kid. In fact, you've seen this exact same expression on one of your students. After he put a worm down a girl's dress. You should have figured that it was her.

“You're quite obedient, aren't you?” She says, still smiling like an idiot. Her voice is back to normal. “If I were a real bad guy, you'd be toast.”
“I figure that anyone that's careful enough to sneak up on me has me at a disadvantage, there's no use in doing something rash.” You place one of your hands on the stick. “Do you mind not pointing that thing at me?”
“Yeah, sure.” She drops the stick. “I bet I got you real good. The blowing you up threat sounded intimidating, right?”
“Considering that most things in Gensokyo could probably blow me up, it's not that special.” You say dryly, hoping to hit a nerve. “That voice wasn't really good either.”
“Sure, you say that now, but you really thought it was someone out to get you.” Mokou lets out an awful guffaw. It's the kind of over-the-top exaggerated laugh that you would hear a villain emit on a bad cartoon show. “Victory is mine! Hawhawhaw!”

You just stand there with a blank look on your face. Is she into theatrics or has she just had one too many to drink? Either alternative doesn't appeal to you much.

“Are you quite done?” You ask after what might well be the longest uninterrupted obnoxious laugh that you've heard in your lifetime. If you had timed it, it probably would have been easily over a full minute.

Mokou waves her hand dismissively and takes a couple of short quick breaths.

“You're certainly a sore loser. I bet you're also reeling from having your butt handed to you by me, right?”

She's right about that. You don't say anything in order to cut this conversation short. But Mokou just steps in closer and starts to rib you.

“Em ai rite, or wha?” She slurries her speech to match with her playful ribbing.
“Right, right. I'll admit it. You totally schooled me. Happy now?”
“Yep!” There's that annoying smug smile again. “Very much so!”
“Good, I'm glad we agree.” You say in between your teeth. You don't want to egg her on right now. “I assume that there's a reason for all of this?”
“Ah, I was having so much fun that I almost forgot!”
“...and what did you forget?” You ask after seeing that she doesn't really elaborate any more.
“Oh yeah, yeah. A couple of things. Masterful execution of plan aside, I really was waiting for you. I heard what happened from Keine. She went out, by the way. Have no idea when she's coming back either. But we'll get to that.”

A couple of silent moments pass. Mokou places two fingers on her chin and closes her eyes. She seems to be thinking hard about something.

“...So, why were you waiting for me?” You break the silence after determining that things aren't going to go anywhere like this.
“Ah, yes.” She opens her eyes. “Well, to be blunt, I was worried about you. You know I don't exactly get along with the folks down at Eientei.”
“Yeah, so? Where does the worry come in?” You hold in the urge to say something sarcastic. It'd probably detract too much from the conversation.
“Well, I heard that you ran out during the middle of classes. That's a pretty darn big red flag right there. I don't trust Kaguya as far as I can throw her, which by the way is a bit under seven meters last I checked. So the first thing I thought is that they maybe did something to you. Plus, Keine tells me that you've been a bit absentminded lately – more than usual, which is saying a lot.”

She says that last part as a joke, smiling, but you can tell that she's speaking seriously. You realize this, despite the fact that you're now imagining a Warner Brothers-esque scene in which a cartoon Mokou tosses Kaguya like in shot put. You're sure that that was a joke as well.

“I gather that you wouldn't be worried if there wasn't anything else at stake. I mean, you apparently have no problem throwing me around. What's a little emotional distress compared to having you body tossed about like a rag doll?”
“Well, I'd be lying if I didn't say that Keine being worried makes me worried. But still, I consider you a pretty okay guy. Wouldn't want you to end up a vegetable or on a autopsy table anytime soon.”
“Do you distrust Eientei that much? They're nice to me.”
“Hey, these are the same people that have tried to have me offed countless times. Despite knowing that it was impossible. They're clearly insane. Even if they have other redeeming qualities sometimes.”
“Right, right.” You can tell she's getting a bit worked up so you try to re-focus the conversation. “So what's this all about. Want to give me some advice? Perhaps teach me martial-arts so I can defend myself?”
“I guess more of the former. We've already proven that you're beyond help in self-defense.” She gives you a wink, rubbing in her superiority in that field. “But, we shouldn't just stand. Come round back, we can sit there.”

She gestures you to follow her with her hand and she leads you to the rear portion of the house. You hop the small wooden fence, taking a cue from Mokou, and sit on a large tree trunk that seems to be a rustic bench. Keine's got a small orchard back here alright. It looks like she's growing tubers. Likely potatoes. She must really like them, it's not the most obvious choice given that there seems to be no shortage of food in the village.
>> No. 11080
“Comfy? Well, good.” She goes on in a little rant, giving you no chance to interrupt. “Since you seem to be hell-bent on living as you are, I guess I can't advise you to leave outright. So next best thing is to learn their weaknesses. If they're making you do things that you don't like, or are touching you in places that make you feel uncomfortable. Then just say no. Failing that, you should have some leverage over them. Know how to manage them. They won't strike if you have some sort of trump card over them.”

You look at Mokou, half-expecting her to burst out laughing. There's no way she can be serious. Come on now, is she really suggesting that the folks at Eientei are sexually molesting you? Her continuing words and steady demeanor show you that it's no laughing matter for her.

“Now, I can't promise that I can help you if you're in a tight spot. But I can tell you that if they ever hurt you too much you can just confide in me, I'll do my best to get revenge. There's no need for their crimes to go unpunished. Just because you're a boy doesn't mean that you haven't got any feelings. It's the same for all humans. You could live for only ten years or experience multiple lifetimes, pain is pain.”
“...”
“Heck, if you want, I can even help you escape. I mean, you probably don't want to leave, but that's because you don't know any better. I don't have much, but I'd be glad to take you into my place. It's cool during the summer and during the winter I can burn a fire inside and no one notices. The mosquitoes are a bit of a problem, so is getting a decent bath, but you can always go to the village. Or I'm sure that Keine might help you out. You're in good hands.”
“Thank you.” You say, trying to find the right way to reply. “Really it's kind of you to offer help, but I don't think that I need it.”
“Oh Shirou... can't you see that they don't love you?”

What the hell? Is she tearing up? This feels like a bad after-school special.

“No, I really don't need your help. I can assure you that I'm not being used in that way. You can trust me on this one. I think I'd know if I were being abused. And I think I'd deal with it in a different way.”
“Well, I know it's not easy to adm-”
“Seriously. No abuse. I'm still confused as to why that's what you assumed was happening.”
“Well, what can I say? It was either that or you were told to drop dead by someone you love. So what has been going on?”
“I'm not sure myself. To tell you the truth, I can't even remember most of the day today. As in, nothing since going to sleep yesterday evening.” You easily let the truth spill out. It just seems appropriate that Mokou hear it.
“Is that so? Well, like I said, I heard from Keine that you've been acting a bit out of it lately. And there's the whole bit where you ran out of class. Can you tell me what happened? I just heard the rumors.”
“I'm afraid that I don't remember.” You confess, you're sure to look like an idiot right now. “Just assume that the rumors are true, what do you think might have happened.
“Well, all I heard was that you were crying and that you ran out of class. Not much else.”
“That's odd...” You comment.
“What is?”
“Well, it's just that right before I ran out, I was told that I said something to Keine. Didn't she say what it was?”
“She didn't tell me anything. In fact, she was unusually blunt and direct. She told me that you stormed out because of a 'very important reason'. She didn't say what your excuse was.” She places her fingers on her chin as before. “It's not like her to omit any details like that. You know what? It's really suspicious. I've known her for a long time, so I can tell she's hiding something.”
“Maybe she's covering for me? Heck, since I can't remember I could have said anything. I could have even professed my undying love for her right there and then.”
“Ha, now that would have been silly, under any circumstance.”
“...”
“I'm really suspicious now.”
“Did Keine say where she was going?”
“Not really, she made a point not to. She just said that she had to 'Order a couple of untidy affairs that were long overdue'. That tell you anything?”
“I'm afraid not.”

Mokou lets out a sigh and then leans back a bit. You follow suit, letting out a sigh of your own.

“You know what?” Mokou asks you lazily.
“What?”
“I think I've been duped. And I don't like being used.”
“Can't be helped.”
“Oh, I'll get her back. When she least expects it. I can't believe she made me wait out here all worried when she probably knows what's up.”

You're starting to detect a determined aura from Mokou. It's almost imperceptible at first, but you feel like there's an ever-stronger hot field of fiery red forming around her. It's going to make you start sweating soon.

“Um... you know, I bet it's just a misunderstanding.” You try to comfort her. You're not sure why things turned out like this. You're pretty much helping her deal with her own issues instead of her or Keine with your own. As far as you're concerned you're not very sure why you're even here.
“Oh, this is no misunderstanding. This reeks of malicious intent. She blew off our plans tonight to do whatever she's doing. In fact, I think I've already thought of a way to get even. I'll wait here all night if I have to. Of course, since you were duped as well, you are more than welcome to stay.” Mokou starts grinning like a TV-villain again. “She'll never see it coming. Mwahahaha.”

Cheesy laughter aside, you think she's being serious. Your gut tells you that nothing good can come of this. You believe that Keine was probably just acting out of concern. There's no way she'd snub a close friend like this. And even if she did, it probably was for the best. Between Mokou suggesting that you're getting fiddled against your will and this (surely) hair-brained scheme, you're left wondering if she isn't under the influence of a powerful drug. This can't be her being rational. You're sure that if she remains in the vicinity of Keine's house, something regrettable will happen.

This gal would probably spend all night lurking here until her chance. It's bad enough that the day is almost up, you're not sure that wasting all of the night on something frivolous is a good thing. Under other circumstances, you could probably get better mileage from Mokou. She's pretty interesting to talk to. Save for her occasional bashing of your patrons.

[] Thank Mokou for her lovely company and leave for Eientei
[] Offer to stay with Mokou and help her out with her scheme
[] Drag Mokou away (figuratively speaking); Preferably to her place and far away from here
[] Continue your search for Keine elsewhere – and away from this mad woman

---
There. This was ready like an hour ago, but my damn internet was out.

>>11074
I think we'd do rather well as a Komodo Dragon. I think we could get a couple of tasty poor rabbits and maybe a villager if we played our cards right. It would also depend if Eirin has a tranq. gun. Definitely a step down from the whole flames thing. But you have to admit that the prospect of being to swallow a small goat whole is pretty sweet.
>> No. 11081
You're awfully chummy today, Mokou. Did you just get laid?

[x] "Wait a minute, there isn't a full moon tonight is there?"
[x] Drag Mokou away (figuratively speaking); continue your search for Keine elsewhere.

Maybe what happened yesterday was major enough that Keine hid its history from us and is now planning to rewrite it?
>> No. 11089
[X] Drag Mokou away (figuratively speaking); continue your search for Keine elsewhere.

I get the feeling Mokou is very, very bored. If no good can come from letting her hang around Keine's, then perhaps enlisting her help in tracking down the lovely schoolmarm would provide some means of distraction.

>>She reminds you of a kid. In fact, you've seen this exact same expression on one of your students. After he put a worm down a girl's dress.
Oh god. Mokou has a crush on us.
>> No. 11093
[X] Drag Mokou away (figuratively speaking); continue your search for Keine elsewhere.

>>11089
Since it seems like we've broken up with Alice and fucked up our chance with Keine, I propose that we start pursuing the Mokou route.
>> No. 11094
>>11093
Not advisable. Even if Mokou's got some sort of schoolyard crush on us, it's a bit too late into the game to try to take it further than that.

Besides, such a course would likely give Mokou another reason to consider "helping" us escape Eientei in an attempt to protect us, especially since she already is of the belief that we're just there because we don't know any better.

As appealing as shacking up with her in her little home is (and it is, it so is), that would fall right into precisely what Kaguya was warning about in that story she told us, and we've already seen first-hand what they're capable of doing to our silky-haired friend in the awesome pants.

Considering we would have been viewed as ditching our "best buddy" for the sake of her worst nemesis on top of the betrayal of leaving them at all, especially after Kaguya so kindly warned us about the potential consequences, don't think that they would take any of this lightly.

We might be able to escape from our agony through the release of death, but that just means they'll be sure to inflict as much suffering upon us as physically possible before that happens.

Hell hath no fury like a psychotic immortal moon-NEET.
>> No. 11096
>>11094
>it's a bit too late into the game to try to take it further than that.

You could truthfully say that about absolutely anything Shirou might do at this point.

>Besides, such a course would likely give Mokou another reason to consider "helping" us escape Eientei in an attempt to protect us, especially since she already is of the belief that we're just there because we don't know any better.

That's because we apparently don't. Do you even read Shirou's interior monologue? Do you not see how oblivious he is to everything happening around him?

Kaguya's story was a direct threat to not fuck with Eientei; that is what brought reprisal upon the boy, not the act of leaving itself.
>> No. 11097
>>That's because we apparently don't. Do you even read Shirou's interior monologue? Do you not see how oblivious he is to everything happening around him?

Well, of course he doesn't know better. That boy's dumber than a box of hammers.
I'm just saying that's one reason Mokou already has for getting him out, not whether or not it's a valid one. Which it is.

>>Kaguya's story was a direct threat to not fuck with Eientei; that is what brought reprisal upon the boy, not the act of leaving itself.

Well, yeah, but consider the source. Of course they're going to put a spin on things so that they don't look like the bad guys in all this, just as Kaguya probably puts a similar spin onto why she went and ruined the lives of so many of her suitors by sending them off with her "Impossible Requests" all those centuries ago.

And if worse comes to worse, and Shirou meets an untimely end at the hands of his hosts? They'll do exactly the same thing.
>> No. 11099
[X] Drag Mokou away (figuratively speaking); continue your search for Keine elsewhere.
>> No. 11106
I'll have something in a couple of hours. Yeah, yeah, it's like I'm a broken record. It's difficult to have one's cake and eat it too.
>> No. 11117
A thought occurs to you. Well, it's a logical conclusion really. Waiting here to play some adolescent prank isn't really your style. But you don't quite to give up on your goal – nor give up Mokou's company. The solution would therefore be to combine the two desires. The strongest sidekick in your quest, that would mean it's the strongest quest – or party, or something. God this logic confuses you.

Mokou is still laughing, something that you've conveniently filtered out from your hearing. You tug her arm, hoping to get her to snap out of it. She sways for a bit before finally coming out of it. She looks at you expectantly, seemingly not understanding why you just did that.

“What?” She blurts.
“I have another plan. Besides the whole stalking and setting up a trap thing.”
“I'm always open to suggestions. How do you think we should get back at her. I forgot that you were tricked as well, I bet you're PO'd right?”
“Not quite... I-”
“Now, now,” Mokou hijacks your speech, “no need to be modest. We can hide out until late at night if needed. I don't think that the moon has even reached its first quarter, so it shouldn't be that bright. Perfect for sneaking around.”
“I'm sure it is. But just listen to me, will you?” You try to sound imposing. You think it works because Mokou pays a little more attention to what you're trying to say.
“Go on...”
“Yes, well. I was going to suggest not waiting around. I really want to find her as soon as possible. And as tempting as getting back at her is, I'd really just be satisfied with asking her a couple of questions.”

You get up. And grab a hold of Mokou's arm and pull her up. She offers little resistance. She's surprisingly light – for someone who has proven to be able to kick your ass at will. Still, she's looking at you inquisitively. It looks like she doesn't fully understand what you propose.

“Come on, we'll be able to find her if we look for her together.” You tug at her arm, trying to get her moving. “Don't just stand there.”
“Eh, I don't think I want to go.” Mokou says flatly. The gung ho attitude that she was displaying just a moment ago is gone.
“Oh come on, don't be a baby. You were all fired up to get back at her. You can do that when we find her. It's all the same.”
“No, really. I don't want to go.” She refuses you again, violently freeing her arm from your hold as well.
“Why?”
“I just don't want to go looking for her. Forget it.”

My, she's looking grumpy for some reason. You don't get why. To you it's all the same if she plays a prank here or somewhere else as long as you find Keine. It seems that you won't be able to drag her off and enlist her to help you look for Keine. Better cut your losses then. You're not exactly in the right state of mind to deal with this tantrum.

“Suit yourself. I'm going.” You start to walk away. You can feel her staring at your back but she doesn't say anything.

You look at her once more before you disappear around the corner. She sat back down in the bench and is twiddling her thumbs, looking downwards. You give her a last chance.

“I'm going now.”

She doesn't even raise her head. She just stops moving her fingers for a moment, but quickly resumes. It looks like her decision is final. You shrug your shoulders and carry on. She's old enough to know what she's doing. Even if she does act like one of your students at times. Damn, that fact bothers you probably more than it should. Why should you even bother? You scratch your head as the house becomes a small object in the distance.

Now you honestly have no clue where to look for Keine. She's definitely not in town right now. At least not in the tavern. And you can't think of anywhere else she could be besides there or at the schoolhouse. So you head to the school. It's a moderate walk to reach the school. Less than the walk you take from Eientei, but still worth mentioning. You don't see any people on the path to the village, the day is waning and you can already see the young crescent-shaped moon in the sky. The sun isn't gone yet from the sky, but it's clear that it doesn't have long to go.

The small building and adjacent yard is completely devoid of any signs of activity. The windows and doors are all shut. It's like this every day before school and a while after. No one seems to stick around much. You can't blame them – this isn't exactly the most fun of places around. Save for the few rudimentary toys and equipment present, there isn't really much for anyone to do here.

Still, out of habit mostly, you check the door. It's tightly shut. You peek through one of the windows and see that it's completely dark inside as well. Keine definitely isn't here. Then, where could she be? For the life of you, you can't recall any other mention of places that she might frequent. And you could just as easily miss her again if you go back to her place or if you stumble about the village. It's not small enough to have any place where you can observe everyone.

You sit down on the step in front of the door, not caring if your clothes get dirty. You're not very clear on what would be the best thing to do right now. You blew off several suggestions today. From Kaguya and Mokou. It'd feel weird to worm back and do one of them. Plus, you're not even sure that in Mokou's case she'd even accept your participation. Eirin will still be there, though. Or you could just do something completely different altogether. There are no laws limiting you to these things.

[] Continue the search – this time comb the village
[] Return to Eientei
[] Go back and see if Mokou is still around
[] Do something else (write-in to go elsewhere)
---
Haha, I kill myself. "a couple of hours", yeah right.

"If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both." This is always relevant to the story and decisions made. Also somewhat to why I'm working so slowly. But more of the former.
>> No. 11118
[x] Return to Eientei

Obviously Keine told her to keep you here. She probably went to confront Kaguya about whatever the hell happened yesterday. Anyway, we should ask Tewi if she's seen her, if we have the chance. Otherwise, go visit the doctor like Kaguya suggested. Not because it'll do you any good, but you need to cover your bases so this isn't used against you later.
>> No. 11119
[x] Go see that uppity Shrine Maiden
>> No. 11120
[x] Return to Eientei

we can be dangerous(?) when we're not about to snap (hah, like that's EVER the case)
>> No. 11121
>>Obviously Keine told her to keep you here. She probably went to confront Kaguya about whatever the hell happened yesterday.

Or, keeping on with the "Mokou has a schoolyard crush on Shirou" theory, this could have been her ploy to get us to spend some time with her. A plan that we thoughtlessly smashed into a thousand pieces.

>>The gung ho attitude that she was displaying just a moment ago is gone.
>>You start to walk away. You can feel her staring at your back but she doesn't say anything.
>>She sat back down in the bench and is twiddling her thumbs, looking downwards.
>>She doesn't even raise her head. She just stops moving her fingers for a moment, but quickly resumes.

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT IS THE SOUND OF HER HEART BREAKING, YOU CALLOUS BASTARDS.

Seriously, though, Mokou's change in attitude and flat-out refusal to leave with us is rather interesting. I'm not sure her wanting to stay there is really supposed to be for us, though, since if that were the case I would think she'd try a little bit harder to either stop us from leaving or at least sticking to us like glue.
It's possible that she does know more about where Keine went than she's letting on, and at the very least knows that wherever Keine went is someplace that Mokou does NOT want to be. Eientei would certainly be such a place, but considering just how little she trusts anyone there and knowing first-hand what they're capable of, I find it hard to believe that she would just let her best friend go there alone, especially if it's a serious matter.
Other than that, the only other reason I can think of that Mokou wouldn't want to track Keine down is that she realizes that she was likely being intentionally vague about what she was doing and where she was going for a reason, and so Mokou wants to respect the privacy of her best friend and not meddle in a matter that Keine clearly wishes to keep private.
>> No. 11122
>>THAT IS THE SOUND OF HER HEART BREAKING, YOU CALLOUS BASTARDS.

In this story? No way, man.
>> No. 11123
>>11121
As much as that made me smile, don't forget to vote. It's important. Otherwise I'll get stuck in a no-vote limbo and not write.
>> No. 11126
>>11093
>Since it seems like we've broken up with Alice
Huh? We what? When?
>> No. 11128
>>11126

>“You don't need to act so lost to get my sympathy. You know that I worry about you as it is. If you don't feel ready to talk about what happened, don't feel rushed. You'll tell me what happened with that Alice girl today when you're ready. That's what buddies usual-”
>> No. 11129
[ ] Go see Alice

There's no way this is a good idea considering it wasn't included with the option list, but honestly I don't think anything is a good idea anymore.

Seriously, I'm this close to voting for:

[ ] Take Shirou hostage and threaten suicide unless he gets some answers.

And the only thing that's stopping me is that people tend not to appreciate the ones they care about promising to off themselves for potentially no good reason.

Anyway, with Keine out to "Order a couple of untidy affairs that were long overdue" did anyone else instantly think of her having a show down with Alice for the rights to Shirou?

I did.

Bikini Mud Danmaku is what I thought.
>> No. 11132
[X] Go see Alice
>> No. 11133
>[ ] Take Shirou hostage and threaten suicide unless he gets some answers.

Heh, I thought of the reactions from all of the characters. Some would laugh in your face, one would shrug her shoulders, another might just ignore you outright while making plans for what to do with the body, and maybe just maybe at least one would care enough to get pissed. Just maybe.

>Bikini Mud Danmaku is what I thought.

And this is why you're dear to my heart. I like a man that jumps to such thoughts instantly.

Picture is the closest that I could find to a bikini. It fulfills another fetish however...

Oh and this is the obligatory part where I pine for more votes. Don't get stuck with complacency, votes are still open. And more are encouraged.

>>11126
A couple of anons were saying as much. Can't really confirm nor deny, you'll see what's the truth eventually. Sooner rather than later I think.
>> No. 11135
[x] Go ask Alice
>> No. 11136
Well, crap. I actually did forget to vote this time.

[X] Do something else.
[X] Go see Alice.

Actually, I'm thinking this is a better idea than Scorn seems to think. The lack of it being an option MIGHT mean it's a bad idea, but the very fact that there's an option for a write-in given suggests that it might not be an entirely bad one after all. Unless it's one of those bastardish traps that will be wrong no matter what is chosen, such options generally mean there IS an at least one vaguely "good" option to be picked that isn't already on the list, and the trick is in figuring out what it is.

Considering the timing of our little fugue/amnesia episode, whatever unpleasantness happened between us and Alice that day, and Keine's sudden going off to deal with something, it seems unlikely that they AREN'T all in some way connected, and aside from Eientei about the only other place I can think of that Keine might go that's related to us and our stated of being would be Alice's.
Of course, there's a chance that this will end up being nothing more than yet another wild goose chase like the last couple of times we've tried to go to the doll-maker's, but you would think we'd be used to such disappointments by now.

Besides, the thought that they were engaging in some sort of battle for Shirou's heart had crossed my mind, but sadly did not reach the level of a Bikini Mud Danmaku battle.
Clearly, I need more training.

Unfortunately, I doubt that's the case. We have not been playing our cards well in this story, and now I can't help but wonder if we're now getting some taste of what we have been missing out on. Take Mokou's idea that we were getting molested by everyone at Eientei.
Mokou's been fighting them and knows them well enough to know what they do, what they're capable of, and so on, so either that was her idea of a joke, or she seriously believed they would be inclined to do that to Shirou, and were it not for our actions we would have gotten a lot more than that one "bad touch" from Eirin that went so horribly, horribly wrong. And, inside, I weep.

Then, there's the potential reactions to the "threaten suicide if we don't get answers" scenario:
>>Some would laugh in your face, one would shrug her shoulders, another might just ignore you outright while making plans for what to do with the body, and maybe just maybe at least one would care enough to get pissed. Just maybe.

Yeah. We really didn't play our cards well, if of all the people we've gotten to know throughout the story, only ONE has even a slight possibility of giving a damn about what happens to us. Well, "at least" one, but still that's not very encouraging.

Still, can't say we don't entirely deserve it.

The only glimmer of hope in that I can see is that perhaps some of them don't take it seriously simply because they know us well enough to know we won't kill ourselves, causing them to not take our threat seriously and giving the appearance that they don't care at all. If you take the view of Shirou threatening to kill himself as something like a child threatening to hold their breath until they die or something, such a reaction wouldn't be uncalled for. Appearing concerned would only serve to reinforce such behavior, and so either ignoring or calling their bluff would probably be the way to go.

Then again, I think the best way to teach a child not to stick things into electrical sockets is to LET them stick things into electrical sockets, so yeah.
>> No. 11141
>[] Continue the search – this time comb the village
We find nothing, or at least not what we're looking for.
>[] Return to Eientei
We just came from there, and ditching Mokou to hang out with her enemies is not cool brah.
>[] Go back and see if Mokou is still around
She won't be.


[X] Go see Alice.
We probably won't find her, but at least it shows we care.
>> No. 11144
>>We probably won't find her, but at least it shows we care.

Oh, I don't think it's NOT finding her that we have to worry about...
>> No. 11149
[X] Return to Eientei
go sleep and pretend this is all a lie...
not rly, i just hope we run into Keine, if not we can go see Eirin.
>> No. 11152
Well, I'm feeling quite under the weather, so no updates for now. I don't think I could write anything in my present state. Not even that thing that QWL knows about and I really want to finish. I'll be thinking of that as I doze off though.

Anyways, so yeah. Vote. I could call it now, but since I won't be on for a while and since there's a single vote difference there's still room for different opinions and votes.

>>11136
Long-winded anon, you always bring me joy. Being sexually molested by the Eientei crew wouldn't be that bad I think. The good doctor might train (discipline?) us so we could be good enough for Kaguya, Tewi might randomly come up to us and abuse us when we least expected it, and heck, under the right circumstances even the moonbunny might want a go.

Also, each of these choices would have a concrete impact. Insofar that no matter the destination there's at least something worth mention that might give you insight. But there's the danger of overextending ourselves of course. I mean, for argument's sake bear with me for a moment, how wise is it to stumble about after the information we've gathered after apparently missing out a whole day during the dark evenings of Gensokyo? Some would argue that it's no worse than some of the other things that have happened, and they'd be right, or that there's no inherent danger because we've done so before. But the definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect different results every time. And this would apply to not just a promenade on a moonless night.

And lastly, if you ever have children, buy those plastic covers for the electrical sockets. It'll be cheaper in the long run.
>> No. 11153
>>But the definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect different results every time. And this would apply to not just a promenade on a moonless night.

This is a guy who regularly talks to a voice in his head that claims to be a god, who hallucinates extinct animals giving him rides through the forest, who on numerous occasions has seen things that shouldn't even exist, who chose to run completely naked THROUGH the village for everyone to see, and who just recently went through an entire day at work with absolutely no memory of it afterward.

Let's face facts, Shirou's about as sane as a soup sandwich. Expecting things to be different on yet another trip to Alice's home in the Forest of Tentacle Rape seems par for the course at this point.

To be fair, though, we did technically experience different results when we went to Alice's the last two times, even if the difference wasn't what we wanted it to be.


Still, I'm changing my vote.

[X] Go back and see if Mokou is still around

If Mokou's not still around, we can just wait and see if Keine comes back. If she is still around, then perhaps we can at least talk to her about some of the things that have been going on lately. Of course, as childish as she can act, I wouldn't be surprised if she gives us the silent treatment, but we don't need her to respond if we're just talking, and we certainly don't need her permission to wait around for Keine to show up.
>> No. 11161
>Let's face facts, Shirou's about as sane as a soup sandwich.

You have to throughly butter both slices of bread, and put in a little bit of soup at a time. Helps if you like thick soup.
>> No. 11168
Here's something of a vignette or interlude if you will. I felt like writing, and seeing how no more votes have been cast I felt this was fitting.
------
The large basket felt especially heavy today. She had to use both of her hands to make sure that she didn't drop it. The laundry was piled to the brim of the basket, so she had to be careful not to wobble too much when she walked, lest something like a sock fall and get lost. Still, there wasn't much more to go. That brought her some comfort. She reached her destination, using her foot to slide the door open, and quickly placed the basket down on the floor. She let out a large sigh and put a hand on her back. A brief moment of rest during an otherwise busy day.

Reisen had been working since early that day. It was inevitable. Due to the inclusion of another member to the Eientei household, her chores had become more time-consuming. It was no fault of the new member, it's just that another pair of clothes to wash every day and more food to cook at each meal did eventually slow her down a bit. It didn't help that, if anything, the rabbits that were supposed to help her were otherwise engaged in other activities. Sure, she could understand that they would be demoralized with the recent disease that had infected many of them, but it had been cured for a while now. She vowed to act a bit more tough with them, but deep down she knew that it wouldn't work. She let another sigh. She knew the truth of the matter.

Well, she wasn't about to get hung up on depressing thoughts. So what if the rabbits caused more problems than anything else? She would do her workload as usual, if only because Eirin implicitly trusted her to take care of these affairs. That always seemed to give her the spirit to carry on with her tasks. Reisen started to take the clothes out from the basket and sort them out. The delicate dress belonged to the lady of the house, she took great care to not blemish the fine silky material, the whites were mostly socks and a few undergarments (as well as a lab coat Eirin had handed her to clean), and finally the rest was a mix of her own clothes and that boy's. Tewi seemed to somehow clean her own clothes, no doubt a perk of having the complete control of that pack of rabbits.

She separated everything into several neat little piles. She would fold and iron each pile according to the type of material and attention to detail it needed. Time flew by when she was doing housework, and it was never really boring. She would sometimes sing to herself some old tune from her homeland or hum a nameless song or two that she had invented while doing work. It was rare for her to get distracted by anything else. This is why it surprised her when she realized she was thinking instead of working. She couldn't help it. When she saw that a chalk stain had somehow survived the wash, she started to drift off.

Her thoughts were tuned to recent events. At times it felt like she was being left out from, well, just about everything. Excitement was in the air of the mansion. Anyone that lived here would know. Even though the daily routines were still more or less the same, it was like a covered pot full of bubbling liquid. Eventually the lid would fly off and things would be a mess. Reisen smiled. Good thing she wasn't in the middle of it all. Things like being at the center stage are best left for those in charge. Like it or not, she'd just be a spectator for this performance. Not the worst position in the world. She thought that there was nothing she could say or do to postpone the performance. The show would go on.

It didn't help that she felt invisible. Taken for granted. Sure, she'd be there for major events, but it'd be usually for an auxiliary role. Carry this, sweep that, tend to my tea Undonge. She could hear in her mind the usual commands and 'favors' she was asked to do. She felt a bit conflicted. It's not like she was feeling disgruntled outright, but despite everything she still felt left out. Like an unimportant character in a pulp novel. Quickly forgotten. The thing was, she somehow (irrationally so, she tried to convince herself) thought that she could have just as easily been the femme fatale, or heck, even a plain old stock heroine in this tale. Well, she wasn't one to hold a grudge, and these thoughts only came to her during moments like these. She believed in karma, so if not now, perhaps after the desolate snow-covered scenery thaws. Eh, why snow? Reisen shook her head wondering why she had thought of a barren, abandoned snow-covered landscape as a metaphor for her life. No matter, it was probably just something she heard from one of Lady Kaguya's stories or from an old tale somewhere.

As she finished dealing with the clothes, she became aware of her surroundings all of a sudden. It was getting dark, and from what she saw, the sky threatened rain later. It was true that she was used to a flexible number of people at the dinner table, but it did get tedious to make always too much food. She couldn't even remember the last time everyone had sat down together. It seemed that these days the princess was keeping more to herself, Eirin delving into some sort of project that consumed most of her free time, Tewi just taking her food and eating elsewhere, and finally Shirou was apparently suffering from irregular eating patterns. Sure, it wasn't pleasant to be all alone, but she'd been through worse. Or so she told herself. Well, there's nothing to be done about it. Her gut told her that things would change soon. She hoped for the better.

“Well, that dinner isn't going to make itself, Reisen.” She mumbled to herself as she left her room. She had her work cut out for her. She couldn't help but smile like an idiot for some reason. She somehow felt like she had just made a difference. Maybe if there was such a thing as reincarnation her karma would carry over. And maybe this time things would turn out quite differently.

----
Oh and a couple of brief points just because I can:

I'll write more later. It doesn't matter if I don't get more votes, I'll write anyways when enough time passes, although more definitive or even interesting votes are always nice.

>>11161
As an expert on unconventional foods and a Doctor of Hobology, I would concur that this is the most efficient method of making a soup sandwich.

>>11153
>hallucinates extinct animals giving him rides
Exctinct, reminiscent of people he knows, and scientifically improbable
>Forest of Tentacle Rape
<3 Penis Plants; Scientific name: Foliatus Rumpo Letum
And I am fully aware of just how far gone Shirou might be. It's just important to try to see the bigger picture. And for that I was playing a bit of the devil's advocate. It's hard to choose my words without seeming biased or giving something away. And I want to avoid both.
>> No. 11171
[X] Return to Eientei
>> No. 11172
>>She believed in karma, so if not now, perhaps after the desolate snow-covered scenery thaws. Eh, why snow? Reisen shook her head wondering why she had thought of a barren, abandoned snow-covered landscape as a metaphor for her life.

You just have to reopen those wounds, don't you?
>> No. 11173
[!/] Return to Eientei

I hope this is over soon, being left in the dark ,without the constant dying; like in MiG, really annoys this Anon.
>> No. 11174
>>11172
They never healed properly in my case.
>>11173
Well, I guarantee you won't be left in the dark for all of the relevant information for the route. As for the lack of deaths, well, I just find that it's not productive to have random deaths when the story doesn't warrant it. It takes away from the experience when you've come this far and are route-locked. As for the long drawn-out bad ends, well they're just depressing and better left for royal cock-ups (yes, I realize what the inevitable follow-ups to this comment are). This isn't to say that you're guaranteed a sunshine and skittles end, but even if you end up with an end that isn't exactly all that happy you'll at least have resolved the important plot points. Still, aim for the stars, you can find happiness. As elusive as it might seem at times.

Oh and I'll be away for a couple of hours. I do have to sleep at times. Even if it's just short naps.
>> No. 11185
>>They never healed properly in my case.

Oh, it will only get worse before it gets better.

Due to the actions taken in this playthrough, we've not only denied the Moon Bunny her chance to shine, but have also snubbed the delicious NEET as well. Should we attempt to pursue one on another playthrough, we will do so at the expense of the other.

Go for Reisen, and that will be twice we have shunned our silky-haired princess. Go for Kaguya, and it will be Reisen who will have been twice snubbed (in this story, at least).
That's not even taking into account the werecow schoolmarm, who we will also be passing up should we go for either of the other two.

Opportunity cost can be a real bitch sometimes.
>> No. 11192
No updates because I'm a big, fat, lying tripfag. I've literally got no excuse. Nothing special that's been keeping me busy, excess resposibilities, etc. Just failure on a massive scale. Anyways, I'll get to it sometime soon. Maybe with an added bonus.
>> No. 11207
[x] Return to Eientei

Things don't look that good. It's getting dark and you're not in the mood to go off on what may possibly be a wild goose chase. You dust yourself off as you get back up. Keine can wait until tomorrow, you'll see her at school. It'd just be best to get back to Eientei. As you walk back to Eientei, your thoughts are turned to Mokou. You wonder if she's going to be out there waiting for Keine all night. Well, it's not your problem. You just wish you knew what went on today.

As you get back, it begins to drizzle. You manage to make it inside before you get too wet. It looks like you have a good sense of timing. Last time you were caught in the rain you ended up passing out. And to think that the thought of a night-time visit to the Forest of Magic had crossed your mind. You would have probably had no other choice but to seek shelter in order not to, well, catch a killer cold. You decide not to even risk getting sick again. Even though you're mostly dry, you decide to take a nice warm bath and change clothes. You think that dinner might be ready by now, judging from a faint aroma of food that permeates the air. You pop into your room and fetch a spare set of clothes.

You don't dawdle in the bath. As tempted as you are to resume the adventures of Shirou and Albion, you're heart isn't quite into it. Instead, you get out and immediately try to get a bite to eat. To your dismay, it seems that you are the only one eating dinner. A small note written with a flowing cursive script tells you to 'help yourself'. You assume it's Reisen's handwriting. There's a couple of different dishes and you try them all. The soup stock is particularly tasty. It almost distracts you from the fact that you're completely alone. It seems that everyone is too busy doing their own thing.

After eating your fill, you decide to sit in the courtyard and relax a bit. Since it's raining, you stay on the covered section of the courtyard, enjoying the night air. The soft drops of rain ease the anxiety and confusion that have been rattling your nerves all day. You stare out absentmindedly at the light rainfall for several minutes. A stray glance at the floor reveals that there's another shadow besides your own. It's fairly obvious who it is judging by the size and shape.

“How long have you been standing there?” You ask without looking behind you.
“Oh for a while now. I'm surprised that you didn't notice sooner.” The soft voice of your buddy is not much louder than the dull sound of the rain.
“It looks like I was spacing out.”
“That's why I didn't say anything.” Kaguya moves to your side. She looks up at your face for a moment before joining you in looking at the thin sheets of rain fall form the sky. A couple of moments pass before she speaks again. “You're looking better now. Less pale. I guess you're doing better now?”
“Yeah, I feel better.” You look at her. You haven't really stood beside her like this before. She's noticeably shorter than you. Then again, people in Gensokyo don't seem to be very tall in general. So she's probably of standard stature for a girl.
“Is something the matter?” Kaguya turns away from the rain and stares at your face.
“Just idle thoughts.”
“You and your idle thoughts. You know it's this type of thing that makes others worry about you. I'm still concerned about what you admitted to earlier.”
“I felt fine, so I went out for a walk. It's not a problem.”
“Still,” you notice a strain in her expression, she seems to hesitate, “It wouldn't hurt to be careful.”
“Do I look that fragile to you?”
“No, not really.” She turns back to the rain. She moves back a large strand of hair from away of her face. “But appearances can be deceiving. And not that I'm saying that things will turn out poorly, but you don't exactly have the best record when it comes to staying together. I'm sure I don't need to bore you with examples.”
“Heh, I guess you're right. But I like to think that I know when it is that I'm going to fall apart. Even if it's only a few minutes' warning.”
“Ah, that's no good at all.” Kaguya takes a couple of steps towards the edge of the roofed area. You watch her long hair move with each one of her steps. She extends one of her hands into the courtyard. “The rain is a refreshing little break, don't you think? Makes hot and stuffy days a thing of the past.”

Kaguya doesn't wait for a reply from you. Instead she retracts her hand, turns abruptly on her heals and walks back towards you with a smile.

“Well, forget I said anything. I suppose you know what's best for you. I trust your judgment.” Kaguya walks past you, brushing her shoulder against your body briefly. “I'm sorry, but I'm feeling a bit tired right now. I think a nap would do me wonders.”
“I guess this is goodnight then.” You follow Kaguya with your head as she retreats back into the hallway. She stops before disappearing completely.
“That is, of course, unless you feel like chatting for a bit. You're probably tired yourself though. Or maybe feel like doing something else. So don't worry about it.”

She flashes you another large smile before disappearing around a corner. You're left wondering what she meant to really say. It seems like she was trying to allude to something else. Also the fact that she can walk without making any noise is pretty surprising. And neat. Normally the wooden floorboards creak a little when you walk around.

The rain intensifies a bit, to the level of a proper rainy night. You let out a small yawn. Watching the rain is boring you now. And you've had a convoluted day. While it's not that late at night, it might be a good idea to try to sleep while you're feeling tired. It might give you a head start tomorrow. But, on the other hand you feel like you might still be able to attend to a couple of pending issues while you're still up. Maybe it'll even help you relax better.

[] Go chat with Kaguya
[] Check in with your favorite doctor
[] Go to your room and possibly turn in early
---
You should note that you'll probably only have time for one more scene tonight. That is to say thing that you can do somewhere. That isn't to say you won't get more choices (dialogue, small decisions, or even more important things) but I'm saying that you won't be able to go see Eirin and then Kaguya or vice-versa, or go to your room then drop in to the secret subterrenean bunny stronghold.

>>11185
Well, don't think about the snubbing or otherwise you'll get caught up in a destructive cycle. Just hold true to the desires that exist in your heart and you'll weather every challenge. Oh and on a sort of related note, yours was the swing vote, long-winded anon.
>> No. 11208
>>Oh and on a sort of related note, yours was the swing vote, long-winded anon.

Eh? I don't recall voting to return to Eientei, but oh well. This is quite fine, too.

[X] Go chat with Kaguya

Bring on the NEET!
>> No. 11209
[x] Just watch the night sky. See if your friend the moon shows himself.

Still wondering if Mokou was trying to keep our attention because of a full moon.
>> No. 11210
>>11209

But it's not a full moon, so yeah!

>>“Now, now,” Mokou hijacks your speech, “no need to be modest. We can hide out until late at night if needed. I don't think that the moon has even reached its first quarter, so it shouldn't be that bright. Perfect for sneaking around.”
>> No. 11211
>>11208
Your vote change affected the outcome. -1 for Alice. That was all it took.
>>11209
Yeah, definitely not a full moon. I included it in the dialogue like >>11210 pointed out.
>> No. 11212
>>11211

Ahhh, I see, I see.
Well, like I said this is perfectly fine.
Not getting drenched and passing out and losing another day stuck in bed is always a good thing.
>> No. 11214
Before I start backtracking threads, I'll just ask one question:
Is Shirou actually gravitating towards a single female lead, or is he still muddled with ADD?
>> No. 11215
>>11214

He actually made Alice his girlfriend.
>> No. 11216
[x] Check in with your favorite doctor
>> No. 11217
[x] Check in with your favorite doctor
>> No. 11218
[x] Go chat with Kaguya
>> No. 11221
[x] Go chat with Kaguya
>> No. 11234
[ ] Fire bomb Eientei

+1 to Mouku affection for attacking her most hated enemy +1 for using her favorite medium.

Suicide might not be viable, but everyone in the mansion has something to loose if we set it ablaze! So our own life isn't a viable barganing chip, that just means we turn the destructive urge onto someone else. I want answers goddamn it!

But seriously, you say it's insanity that drives us to repeat the same task over and over expecting a different result, but I say it's GUTS!

If heading for Alice's house threatened us with ill health, then we would be proving our love for the beloved doll maker when we fight through the storm to be with her. Being wish-washy about things won't help anything, even if she's mad at Shirou Alice surely still feels something for him. If he were to stumble onto her doorstep, clothes torn and drenched to the bone her wavering heart would swoon for his dedication to her. Maybe.

I dunno, I guess we really screwed it up with leaving Mouku.
>> No. 11240
>>11217
fucking saved that picture.


[X] Go chat with Kaguya
>> No. 11241
[X] Go chat with Kaguya
so i herd you wanna play somthin...
>> No. 11247
>>11234
That's not quite the meaning that I meant. I wasn't implying that going to see Alice was a terrible choice (in fact at first I was just waiting for enough votes - and it was a close call). If I were a voter I would have been split between that and going back. As a writefag, I can't say, there's no fun in that. The insanity comment was more geared towards situational awareness in general. As for what would have happened, well, let's just say that we'll leave that to speculation.

>>11240
As did I. Fuck yeah school uniforms.

Anyways, writing whilst simulatneously combating the sweltering heat.
>> No. 11248
[x] Check in with your favorite doctor
>> No. 11251
[x] Go chat with Kaguya

Kaguya seemed to be talkative. That seems like reason enough to spend time with her. It's not every day that you get more or less invited to go talk to her. It makes you wonder if something is up. You didn't really expect her of all people to watch you silently as you stared into the rain. You turn away from the courtyard and go to Kaguya's room. The door is slightly open and there's a strong light coming from inside. You knock and then proceed inside.

“I felt like chatting after all. Hope you don't mind.” You tell a smiling Kaguya. She's sitting at the table. There are two cups of tea – one for you and one for her.
“It looks like you aren't as hopelessly dense as you act at times. Please sit; Have some tea.”
“So...” You sit down and take a sip from your tea, “I assume that you feel like chatting about something specific.”
“Right again. You know, it's as if you swapped minds with someone else.” She still is smiling as she says this, but you can see a mischievous glint in her eyes that give her word added meaning.
“You're not acting as usual yourself.”
“Well, considering that we've talked for the most part whenever I've been busy with some other distraction or the rare serious talk, I think that you haven't seen much of how I normally act. Plus,” Her smile curls up into a more self-satisfied look, “I thought that you liked the occasional jab. Unless you were acting like a completely different person on the net.”

You recall the online chats that you had with Kaguya. Besides the entertaining banter and discussion of your shared interests, your exchanges were also marked by a certain level of intimacy. And one of the ways that this intimacy was displayed was via the sometimes sharp (if not painfully accurate) jabs that you'd exchange. She's right that you enjoy that, but it's just that you hadn't really reconciled that reality with the one you're living in right now. Still, you're in doubt whether or not she's implying that you don't really know her as well as you thought.

“I'm still the same person as always, buddy.” You up the ante, “So you've been lying to me all this time, pretending to be somebody else?”

For a brief instant, her expression changes to a frown, but she smiles again while giving you a reply.

“Hardly. And it looks like you've got some fire in your belly after all. And here I was worrying that you might be spineless. Not that that's always a bad thing, mind you.”
“I'm sure it isn't. But, I take it that you don't want to chat about my faults?”
“Hmm, I could now that I think about it.” She seems to be wanting to lead you on, so you just let her. “But that's not much fun for you.”
“I'll say. So what is it?”
“Eh?” Kaguya seems a bit hesitant to speak. She instead takes a slow sip from her teacup, seemingly gathering her thoughts.

You follow suit and take another sip yourself. You let the liquid rest in your mouth for a few moments. You let the slightly sweet flavor of the green tea permeate your taste buds before swallowing. With your actions you let Kaguya know that you'll wait for as long as she needs to gather her thoughts. It doesn't take her very long. After your second sip she begins to speak. Her tone is soft but determined.

“What I wanted to ask you is simple. I want to know if you're happy.”
“You mean with my life?”
“Yes – if you're happy living here, doing your daily routine, happy with us.” It's the type of question that's highly blunt. Kaguya is looking at you with a solid gaze, piercing you with a serious and determined look.
“Haven't you asked this before?” You ask, recalling her asking you something like this some time ago.
“Perhaps. But that was then. This is now. People can change from day to day, slowly, almost imperceptibly.”
“Appearances can be deceiving?” You recall her earlier words.
“That's right. You never know what another person's heart is telling them. Sometimes it's difficult to tell what your own heart is telling you.” Again with the unshakable stare.
“You just might be right.”
“That's another point. The question here is, are you happy?”
“I can say that I'm satisfied. I enjoy my job and my day to day interaction for the most part is fine.”
“Being satisfied is fine. What I'm asking is something else.” She places one of her hands on her chest. “I'm asking about what your heart tells you, do you feel that it tells you that you're happy with the way that things are? Don't rationalize – feel. It's common for people to betray their logic for emotion.”
>> No. 11252
You can tell that she's being serious. You try to feel what your heart is telling you. You close your eyes and place your hand on your left breast. You feel the dull thump coming from within and try to feel an answer to Kaguya's question. Try as you might, you can't reach a definite answer. You open your eyes to see Kaguya looking at you with melancholy eyes. It feels like she's separated from you by a fast-flowing and impossibly wide river. Try as you might, you don't think that you could reach out to her.

“I'm sorry, but I just don't know.” You weakly say.
“That's alright.” She lets out a sigh. She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and when she looks at you again, she's wearing a smile. “It was a stupid question anyways. As long as you're content with the way things are, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm glad.”
“Is that it?”
“Is what it?”
“Chatting? Is this what you wanted to talk to me about.”
“Yup, seems silly now, doesn't it?” She gives you a reassuring wink and then takes another sip of tea.
“I wouldn't call it silly...”
“But it is, so don't worry about it. I'm sure that you'd rather talk about something more fun. It's not like you have any complaints, right? Or maybe I'm wrong?”
“I'd have to think about it first.”
“Then think, buddy. I'm feeling tired, but there's always time to talk to friends. It just wouldn't be right otherwise.”

Another sip of tea. And you think about what to say. You feel like she's being unusually receptive. But you're not sure if it's because she's still trying to figure out an answer, or whether she's just enjoying the prospect of being to talk to you. But if you recall correctly, you supposedly talked to her earlier in the day anyways.

[] Explore more why she's bringing up being happy
[] Ask her about her own sense of satisfaction and happiness
[] Bring up talk about your own (current) life
[] Talk to her about the other inhabitants here

----
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't announce I'm writing until I actually start to.

Anyways, a couple of things that I wanted to point out here to avoid accusations later. Write-ins here are encouraged. As well are specific phrases, multiple topics, etc. HOWEVER, bear in mind the logical meshing of these different components and the mood. Don't expect to be able to freely change the topic between, say, ethnic cleansing and the kind of shampoo she uses just like that. Nor to be all over the place with short questions, that's not really a conversation either. And I doubt there are many people out there that like having Q&A sessions just because. Try to stick with a single mood, or at most a change half-way or towards the end. The bottom line is be consistent. And if you manage to upset someone in conversation, expect that all subsequent topics brought up also be contaminated by that foul mood. It's only human. This is something that you should always have present when talking to people, but I'm clarifying that the sky is otherwise the limit here.

Oh, and my options would be more of ideas/general suggestions that you might want to try. That I've premeditated the reply to. Oh and note that you'll be given another chance to choose before you leave (as a sort of reaction to what you've been talking about or final words before leaving) so you don't need to create anything monstrously complex.

And here I am, realizing that I'm babbling on about things no one cares about (yet again). I just hope that you'll make the pertinent choices. After all, a man can dream, can't he?

tl;dr vote away
>> No. 11254
[x] Ask her about her own sense of satisfaction and happiness
>> No. 11255
[x] Ask her about her own sense of satisfaction and happiness
>> No. 11256
[X] Ask her about her own sense of satisfaction and happiness

Tempting to ask why she's asking about this now, but somehow that question seems like it'd be a mood-killer. There's probably something else that would be good to ask, but nothing's coming to mind at the moment.
Besides, it might be good to just keep it simple, feel out the response we get with this, and then expand from there if we can.
>> No. 11258
[x] Ask her about her own sense of satisfaction and happiness
>> No. 11259
[x] Ask her if she is happy here, in Gensokyo

If she gives a short answer, we ask her why. If she stops being receptive and rejects us, we apologize and just head to bed before we make things worse.

It'll help us achieve what she believes is to be happiness as well as gain some possible insight as to whether or not she might be behind all this crap.
>> No. 11261
[x] Ask her about her own sense of satisfaction and happiness
>> No. 11270
[x] Ask her about her own sense of satisfaction and happiness

When you're done with your tea, Kaguya produces a kettle from somewhere in her side of the table and pours you more. She's playing the role of a good hostess and is hinging on your every action. Once you think up of what to ask about, you start speaking. You're sure that you have her full and undivided attention.

“I think it's not fair that I'm the only asked this sort of question.” You try to be as fluid as possible, pausing when appropriate. It does seem like she's interested in what you're going to say. The normal smile is replaced with an inquisitive look laced with curiosity. She doesn't add a comment, so you go on. “I'm going to ask you the same thing as you asked me; Are you happy?”

She doesn't look surprised to hear the question. But she does seem to think about it. She places a finger just below her lips, slowly running it around the contours of her mouth. It looks like despite her anticipation of the question, she doesn't have a ready-made answer.

“It's okay if you don't have an answer like I did.” You add in a reassuring tone.
“That's quite alright.” She waves down your concerns with one hand whilst still thinking about it. “I'm just thinking of how to best put it.”

You wish to say something, but you can't bring yourself to rush her. Not after a non-committal answer like yours.

“I guess...” She finally begins to give her answer. You sip the tea, trying to hide the anxiety that's built up inside you. “It would depend on the definition of happiness.”
“The definition of happiness?” You ask without thinking.
“Yes. I think that you and I probably don't share the same definition.” She looks relaxed as she explains, but at the same time very distant. It feels like she's telling you a personal truth that she clings to. “That which you would call happiness, you see, is fleeting. It lasts sometimes only brief instances, sometimes for many months. But in the grand scale of things it's always brief. No matter how happy you might feel in a given moment, chances are that it won't stand the test of time.”
“...” You say nothing, letting her say her piece.
“Happiness for me wouldn't be extending these pleasant moments indefinitely – that's impossible. Nor having a large amount of nice experience. It's nothing that you could quantify, anyways.”
“So it might be a sense of self-satisfaction?”
“Satisfaction? Yes, of sorts. Think of it as deriving pleasure from things that you find worthy. Whether it's because I might feel something special for a person or because I can learn how to be more useful – ultimately I think it's conditions that I set for myself. Living and gaining new experiences are definitely a part of it.”
“So, are you happy now? Have you been reveling in things that you find worthy.”
“Well, I have people that care about me in my life as well as a pretty decent daily life. I should be happy by most accounts.”
“Saying that you should be isn't the same as saying that you are.”
“That's right.” There's a subtle twinkle in Kaguya's eye that you imagine might be a hint of slyness.
“So? What's the verdict?”
“Oh, who knows?” She flashes you a rather large smile. An ambiguous smile befitting of an enchantress or courtesan. You haven't ever seen her like this, but it's clear that she's avoiding a straight answer. “The human heart is so fickle, who knows if I feel happy, just imagine to feel happy, or my mind is fighting my heart about the matter.”

You don't think that pressing her on this point would yield much. She's always been nice to you, but you now realize that she hasn't always been open when it comes to her feelings. You don't know if it's just you or she's reluctant to be forthright about this sort of stuff in general. Either way, this would be the moment to follow things up before she shuts you out.

[] End your conversation here
[] Insist on getting her to share her feelings
[] Switch to a more light-hearted topic
[] Write-in(s) go(es) here
---
Same as before, being interesting is encouraged. I haven't limited this scene to only a few reactions, so feel free to be creative as long as it's plausible and constructive.
>> No. 11277
[X] "That makes sense, but then I have to wonder, if it's so easy to confuse being happy with imaging being happy, then how can one tell when they truly are happy? How would anyone be able to make such a distinction?"

Seems like a logical follow-up, although I'd also like to inquire about what she said about:
>>Think of it as deriving pleasure from things that you find worthy. Whether it's because I might feel something special for a person or because I can learn how to be more useful – ultimately I think it's conditions that I set for myself.

It could be interesting to learn what kind of conditions she sets for herself, the sorts of things she likes to learn, and maybe a bit about what she might feel "special" regarding a person.
>> No. 11278
[X] Switch to a more light-hearted topic
I think she's feeling the pressure, better not push her...
>> No. 11280
[x] Switch to a more light-hearted topic
>> No. 11283
[x] Switch to a more light-hearted topic
>> No. 11295
[x] Switch to a more light-hearted topic

Yes, this one please.
>> No. 11305
[x] Switch to a more light-hearted topic

There's a small part of you that wishes to discuss more about Kaguya's world view and philosophy. But that's outweighed by the feeling that it'd be best to switch to something more fun. You scour your mind, trying to think of something fun to talk to her about. The answer hits you like a slow-moving supermarket trolley. You have plenty of nice, innocent anecdotes that might lighten up things.

“Speaking of fickle hearts,” You do your best to sound aloof, “today I spotted a couple of my students acting intimate with each other. I think I may have a young couple or two in my class.”
“Eh, is that so?” She humors your topic choice.
“I never figured that those kids would be seeing each other. It took me by complete surprise. I wonder if I should maybe tease them about it.”
“You're the teacher. I'm not sure that they'd appreciate it if you made fun of them. Plus, you never know if they have something embarrassing on you.”
“Hah, good point. But I don't think that's the case.”
“How can you be so sure?” Kaguya asks, apparently amused at your certainty.
“Well, for starters, they would have already brought it up. These scamps are relentless. Every single little fault or slip-up that you show, and they pounce on you with no mercy. I'm lucky that I've gotten this far without any major incidents.”
“But there have been incidents?”
“Oh sure. You know how kids are. Most of them have been about my personal life. Or about why I'm there.”
“Oho~ any of them on the mark?” You can tell she's enjoying this talk, since she's now covering an ever-widening grin with one of her sleeves.
“I don't think so. Well, they don't say things to my face usually, either. One of the first things they asked me was whether or not Keine and I were an item.”
“I wonder what would give them that idea?”
“Eh – well, I of course cleared up things immediately.”
“Of course.” She giggles slightly. She's having fun at your expense. Not that you particularly mind.
“Thing is, those darned kids are always full of surprises. It's never boring to be around them. Even if they often try their best to get out of doing any real work.”
“Well, well. It's good that you enjoy your students so.”
“But-?” You add sure that she's not done.
“There's no 'but'. I'm just stating something obvious. As long as you're fine with the way that things are, I guess that's all that matters.”
“It's hard not to enjoy the way things are. It's a nice experience after all. Although I do regret sometimes missing meals here because of it. I sometimes feel like I'm the odd man out.”
“Well, we all do as we please here, so don't worry about that. Plus, as of late for one reason or another we've all gone our own way when it's come to meals. It just happens sometimes.”
“That brings up another topic. I've been out of the loop, as I'm sure that you know, but anything interesting airing right now?”
“Well...” Kaguya pauses to think for a moment. “Not much, I'm afraid. But I'll give you a quick run-down of what's hot this season. Or at least of what the magazines are saying.”

She pulls our a couple of magazines from under the table. For the next quarter hour she shows you various articles and comments on the upcoming shows. She was right, there's nothing that interesting save for one or two exceptions. You crack jokes with her about the usual. Publishers, animation studios, and producers; The same old. It couldn't get any more relaxed and easy-going than this. You're having such a nice time that you don't even notice yourself getting gradually tired. You're sure she's tired as well, since she discreetly yawns twice while showing you previews.

You think that this is the most time you've spent with Kaguya in a single day. So what if you can't remember the session in the afternoon? You're sure that you've had fun at all times. You feel for the most part relaxed when you're with her. Just being in her presence tends to do that. It's even a bit frightening when you think about it; how she can completely disarm you just with casual conversation. It's not something that everyone can do.

[] Bid her goodnight and go to your room
[] Write-in topic goes here
--
One last chance for another topic here before retiring for the night. Then again, leaving on a high note isn't that bad. Even if it might not be that productive.

>>11277
Sometimes being the only one to want something sucks. Especially when I can't work it in because of the other votes' incompatibility.


That took a while, but I'm basically restricted to the number of votes, don't forget that. It's not good to fuel my sense of laziness.
>> No. 11312
>>11305

Teruyo super postan' games.
[x] Bid her goodnight and go to your room
>> No. 11315
[X] Bid her goodnight and go to your room

>>Sometimes being the only one to want something sucks. Especially when I can't work it in because of the other votes' incompatibility.

Well, yeah, but it could always be worse. At least it's not one of those instances where you're one of the few who wants something that appears to make sense, while everyone else wants the one thing that makes absolutely NO sense.

Like going out to look for Kaguya, picking everywhere BUT the one place she is most likely to be, saving that place for very last, and finding out that after a whole day wasted you JUST missed her. Compared to things like that, this is nothing.
>> No. 11317
>>11312
Sorry about that. That's what I get for trying to post when the server is actin' wonky.

>>11315
Ah, times like those are really quite something, aren't they?

Also, no creative write-ins for they whole scene? It's like anon is drained. Or is it performance anxiety? Every time you're up to bat things get difficult, or something? Either way, I'll give it a bit more time in case you have a change of heart (or for you to vote - it's all the same in a sense). Well, it might be for the best.
>> No. 11319
[x] Give Kaguya a long winded thank you and don't stop until she falls asleep.

>>11317
>Also, no creative write-ins for they whole scene? It's like anon is drained. Or is it performance anxiety?
HAHA. Showing you up online.
>> No. 11321
[!/] Give Kaguya a long winded thank you and don't stop until she falls asleep.

Surely we must have learnt this from Keine, right?
>> No. 11323
[ v ] Give Kaguya a long winded thank you and don't stop until she falls asleep.
>> No. 11333
[X] Give Kaguya a long winded thank you and don't stop until she falls asleep.
>> No. 11334
[ ] Respekt knuckles
[ ] Moonwalk outta here

I've just remembered we've been neglecting our most powerful ability, perhaps Keine's refusal to dance has dampened Shirou's dancing spirit. But now it the time to get back on the horse! Impress the moon princess with your mastery of smooth moves and funky flare! THIS IS THE PATH TO A GOOD END!
>> No. 11335
You'll make the best of this moment. Before going to bed, you'll let Kaguya know just how much she's helped you out and otherwise meant to you. You won't release her until she's asleep. And even then you might still go the extra mile and say a few words while she slumbers. Storm Thurmond, prepare to have your record shattered.

“There's something I want to tell you before I go to bed. And, obviously, before you go to sleep. I just need you to listen. Actually, it doesn't matter if you fall asleep. I plan to speak until you can listen so yeah.” You assert your position, speaking swiftly and covering all possible interruptions. The best Kaguya can do is nod. “Thank you. Thanks for everything from the first day that I arrived to right now. There's not a single moment that I'm not thankful for. Food, shelter, advice, just having fun it's fun to talk and fun to be with you and really I'm glad for that, even though not everything has been peachy at times. ” Run on sentences be damned! You're on a roll, and Kaguya doesn't really know what to make of this. Time to kick it up a notch. “I think it's time to get more specific. Thank you for that time that you prayed for my health, thank you for that time that you were worried about me when I passed out. I guess the several times that happened, haha...”

You go on, being meticulous and naming all the instances that you remember. As you go on, you spazz out less and less. Your sentences become more focused and intelligible, while still maintaining your one-sided dominance of the conversation. At first Kaguya seems to be amused with your oh-so-detailed thanks but her fatigue starts to clearly show after a while. It's not that you're boring her, you think, but that she really was tired. And you think that you have only a bit more left in you before you resort to mumbling the thanks.

“... Still, there is nothing as nice that's happened to me recently. And I've really got to thank you for that. I know that you were concerned about me earlier, about my memory, but it's all right. I'll manage and you'll see. But thank you anyways for that.” And you conclude your thanks. Just in time as well, you think that she couldn't stay awake any longer. So you wrap up. “I'm sorry if I bored you, but I felt it was important to say all of this.”
“That's...” Her words are interrupted by a loud yawn. She tried to cover her mouth, but was only partially successful. “...alright. I'm glad that you feel that way, but don't worry about it. It's not like I did all of those things to receive your thanks.”
“I know, and I guess I'll leave you now. Before you fall asleep and hit your head against the table.”
“Thanks, and goodnight.”
“Goodnight.” You get up and Kaguya crawls sleepily towards her bedroom. When you leave the room the lights go off and you assume that she's managed to crawl into her futon successfully.

You stumble back to your own room. You hadn't realized just how tired you were yourself. When you get there, you only go through the basic checks (clothes, futon, etc) before lying down. You set the PDA's alarm for a normal hour in the morning, lest you oversleep. Tomorrow is a normal school day after all.

As you toss and turn before dozing off, you think that you did a good thing. You're sure that despite your clumsiness at times, Kaguya understood what you wanted to tell her. That's the main thing. Once your eyelids close, they stayed closed. It seems like dream time is upon you again.
------
Part one of the update. Hope you don't mind the interpretation of the write-in, the other alternative would have been beating around the bush until the 'thank you'.
>>11334
Ah, to want to emulate the king of pop, and his dance moves, but never quite reaching the goal... it's a hard-knock life.
>> No. 11336
>“There's something I want to tell you before I go to bed. And, obviously, before you go to sleep. I just need you to listen. Actually, it doesn't matter if you fall asleep. I plan to speak until you can listen so yeah.”

:awesome:
>> No. 11337
This is a dream.

You're aware of that immediately. You're not sure if it's because you reached a special state of mind before dozing off or it's just a fluke. It's not quite a lucid dream, you can't directly influence your actions here. But you are thinking on a certain level, otherwise you wouldn't have determined this to be a dream.

You're standing at the foot of a hill. A most peculiar hill to boot. It's colored in a shiny blue color and you can't tell if it's dirt or something else entirely. It's not very tall either, nicely rounded off and not too steep. A path winds around it, presumably to the top and a sign marks its beginning. It's nighttime, so you have to get closer to the sign in order to read it. You, of course, moonwalk towards it until you can read what's written on it.

“Twin hills – Fabulously soft peak”

Not delaying, you decide to follow the path up the hill. It's not easy moonwalking up a hill, but doing so makes the dream all the more pleasant. Your conscious mind comments that you might want to see a shrink about it, something about confidence issues, but this is a dream so you ignore it. There are only two stars visible in the night sky. Not even the moon is lighting up the sky. It's a shame, because you're restricting yourself to the path instead of going ahead and treading on the blue.

You halt your moonwalk when you encounter the bird. A rather large chicken-like bird sits on the edge of the path with a beer stein. The bird emits a soft red glow that catches your attention. When you near it, it backs away. It seems to have left the stein for you. Not being one to waste gifts like these, you chug it with no remorse. You feel that this is what the bird wanted. You climb higher, trying to moonwalk, until you encounter the bird again. Again it has a beer stein, and again it backs off when you get near it. Needless to say, you drink.

This happens again and again. More times than you can count. Your moonwalk turns into a drunken stumble, and you give up on it. You keep on climbing, only stopping to accept the gifts from the bird. You could swear that the bugger is enjoying itself as well. Just as well. It's okay in your book – after all, it's giving you free alcohol. Only problem is that you can't even tell where the sky is now and if the path was always this curvy. It feels more like a roller-coaster ride than a gentle sloping path right now. But you persevere. Mostly because you're guiding yourself with the glow coming from that bird. Good bird. Nice bird.

It leads you all the way to the top. It vanishes and you're left on the top of the hill alone. The only thing here is a soft white pillow in the center of the hilltop. Oh and you can see another matching hill just a couple of meters from here – or some unit of distance anyways, you're not too sure by now. There's only one logical conclusion to this. Since you don't know how to get back down (the path vanished when you weren't looking?) and you're not sure there's anyone else around, the pillow is the answer. You'll lie down until everything solves itself. Like usual. Like usual? It doesn't matter. Next thing you know you've zoomed to the pillow, bypassing pesky things like walking.

The earth is spinning around. You can't tell which way is up anymore. In your last moment of clarity, you lie down on the pillow. It's nice and soft. Real soft. A feeling of peace washes over you as you observe yourself in the third person. You're napping like a baby as your viewpoint gets further and further away. You see that the bird is sleeping as well, a bit further away, at the foot of the hills. The hills themselves are part of a large blue-colored extension of land. As you witness the form of the blue terrain from overhead, you realize what exactly it is. And what you were climbing.

A large smile paints your face when you wake up. It sure does feel unusual to wake up before the alarm. It doesn't really matter though, the important thing is that you're up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning. You're energized and ready to face the day's challenges.

Bathroom, kitchen, and your room. You finish all that you've got to do at each place and are ready to go. You've still got a healthy amount of time before you're supposed to show up at school. So you decide to meditate for a bit. While meditating, you see Reisen getting up and getting ready to deal with her day. You greet her as she passes the courtyard to go to the kitchen, she greets you back but she doesn't stop for small talk. Ah well, some other time perhaps.

Going to school is no trouble at all. The rabbits see you off, keeping their distance. You never know what's up with those guys. In the village you're still getting a few odd looks, but everyone is too busy with their own business for the most part to harass you anyways. You still greet anyone that passes by close enough, it's only common courtesy after all. You're relieved that most of them greet you back, even if they do look unsure of how to treat you.
---
pt 2. Third coming in a bit.
>> No. 11338
To your surprise, there's someone already waiting for you at the schoolhouse. Just outside of the door is Keine, looking at you as if she was waiting just for you. There are bags under her eyes, not too bad, but you still notice them when you greet her. It looks like she hasn't slept much lately. You'd recommend that she get some beauty sleep. Heck, you'd be willing to cover her classes to that end. Still, she has other plans apparently. And after you exchange pleasantries she gets to the point.

“You shouldn't be here.”
“Isn't... that a bit, well, blunt?” You ask, wondering if you've done something to upset her.
“Listen, I'm a bit tired. But I've been thinking about this. And you should go. It's alright. I'll cover your classes.”
“Go? Where? And why?” You ask sheepishly, “Is it about the incident yesterday?”
“That's related but....”
“Then let me apologize.” You cut her off mid-sentence. You're not sure if an apology can make up for walking out of class, but you just know that you don't want her to be mad at you.”
“No need. I understand.” She lets out a sigh. “In fact, I think I'm sympathetic.”
“...I see. Then what's this going business about? I have no problem in teaching class as usual. I mean, I'm fine and everything – no lie.”

You try to sound reliable. The schoolteacher gives you an eyeover and then lets out another sigh. Oh come on she doesn't even sigh like this when her students are acting rowdy.

“That's fine if you can teach today.” She uses her 'gently-chastising' voice that you often hear her use on the kids, “but what are we going to do if you're in no shape to teach tomorrow? Or the day after?”
“So what exactly do you want me to do about it?”
“I want you to solve your issues. Now, I'm not sure what exactly they are, I respect your privacy, but I'm sure that no good will come out if you avoid them. No matter what they may be. Now, I thought about it. And since you probably don't want my help for this, I thought that the next best thing would be to give you a day off.”
“But what would give you the impression that I don't want your help?”
“It's just a gut feeling I guess. I don't hold it against you, so don't worry.” She gives you a reassuring smile, but you can't help but notice that her eyes are staring into you. It's as if she's picturing a scene with you in it. Frankly, it makes you feel a bit uncomfortable.
“I don't want to presume, but will you be alright by yourself?”
“Now, now, there's no need to worry. After all, I've been teaching for a while now, so I can handle a couple of classes without your help.”
“Still I can't help but have my doubts.”
“Well, that's natural. And don't feel pressured either. I'll understand if you don't want to go either. I personally think it'll help you if you sort out your issues, but I'm not going to force you to go. You can stay here instead if you think that you can handle yourself.”
“...”
“You'll need to make up your mind before the students get here though.”
“Huh, why?”
“It's simple, Shirou.” Keine wags a finger at you, “It's a bad example for a teacher to skip classes just because of personal business. We should be here no matter what. What would the kids think?”
“Haha, you're right. Last thing we want is for students to start cutting class.”
“I'm glad that you understand. It looks like you haven't lost all of your common sense.” She says in a way that sounds like she's teasing you a bit.
“I try to keep my wits about me.”
“So much so that you run out in the middle of class.”

You look up at her and see that while she's trying to look serious, she's trying to contain a smile just beneath the surface. It looks like she hasn't completely condemned you for your actions. It's good to know that she still has a sense of humor, even if it's a bit wicked this morning.

“Trying not to pressure you here, but I was being serious.”
“Yeah, I know.” She's responsible and a role model, you know that she takes teaching seriously. You don't doubt that she'd keep you against your will at the school if it came to you just standing here until the cows came home.
“The kids will start showing up in less than fifteen minutes. So make up your mind.”
“I will, just give me a moment.” You reply as you think about what to do.
“Oh and don't even think about leaving halfway during the day. There are enough rumors going around without you disappearing during lunchtime.”

Her opinion is crystal clear on what you should do. Question is: what's the answer? You don't have all the facts to begin with. Well, ball's in your court.

[] Stay at school like normal; it's nothing urgent
[] Take her generous offer and skip school for the day
[] Ask a question or two

Check all that apply (if you ask a question or two to Keine):
[] “Could you come with me? I could use your help with this.”
[] “What exactly happened in the classroom yesterday?”
[] “Where were you all afternoon yesterday?”
[] “Are you sure that this is the best course of action?”
[] Write-in
----
Sorry this took me a while, distractions pop up when I least expect them. Now to wait for enough votes...
>> No. 11339
[x] Stay at school like normal; you need answers from Keine, and you need to show her you're stable enough to recieve them.
[x] "After school, can I talk with you at length about what happened in the classroom yesterday?"
[x] "Did you find Mokou sulking in front of your door last night? She seemed to be really worried about you."
>> No. 11340
Why would we take a day off to sort things out when we don't even know what the fuck we're sorting out?

[x] Ask a question or two
[x] "As much as I'd like to take up your generous offer there's this one niggling little detail preventing me from doing so; I am completely missing an entire day's worth of memories. Think you could help me a little in this regard?"

If she can't help us, then just teach. Taking a day off to go romping around aimlessly won't help the rumors already circulating about us.
>> No. 11341
[x] Stay at school like normal; you need answers from Keine, and you need to show her you're stable enough to recieve them.
[x] "After school, can I talk with you at length about what happened in the classroom yesterday?"
[x] "Did you find Mokou sulking in front of your door last night? She seemed to be really worried about you."
>> No. 11353
[X] Stay at school like normal; you need answers from Keine, and you need to show her you're stable enough to recieve them.
[X] "Actually, Keine, I think I might need your help. Can we talk about it after school?"
[x] "Oh yeah, did you find Mokou sulking in front of your door last night? She seemed to be really worried about you."

Perhaps Keine is right about us not wanting her help, perhaps she is not. Without knowing what it is we need help with we don't know either way, and she is likely telling us this under the assumption that we DO know.

Perhaps her take on our situation will be different if she finds out we lost a day's worth of memories and have no recollection of whatever is supposed to be weighing so heavily upon us that she questions our ability to work.

Such a shame things have turned out as they have. If we had played our cards right, we would be the goddamn Lord of the Dance by now and have surpassed our triumph that was the Keine Buttpillow with the far-superior Keine Boobpillow. Unless there might still be a chance of such a wonder for us, but I doubt that is the case. Alas.

However, I shall not despair! For a man can dream! And so long as a man has his dream in his heart, he can always look forward to the future! A future of booze, moon bunnies, soapy werecow schoolmarm tits, "lessons" from the good doctor that don't end in horrific injuries, and silky-haired immortal hatesex threeways!
>> No. 11358
[X] Stay at school like normal; you need answers from Keine, and you need to show her you're stable enough to recieve them.
[X] "Actually, Keine, I think I might need your help. Can we talk about it after school?"
[x] "Oh yeah, did you find Mokou sulking in front of your door last night? She seemed to be really worried about you."

This one
>> No. 11360
[X] Stay at school like normal; you need answers from Keine, and you need to show her you're stable enough to recieve them.
[X] "Actually, Keine, I think I might need your help. Can we talk about it after school?"
[x] "Oh yeah, did you find Mokou sulking in front of your door last night? She seemed to be really worried about you."
>> No. 11367
[X] Stay at school like normal; you need answers from Keine, and you need to show her you're stable enough to recieve them.
[X] "Actually, Keine, I think I might need your help. Can we talk about it after school?"
[x] "Oh yeah, did you find Mokou sulking in front of your door last night? She seemed to be really worried about you."
>> No. 11368
Alright. Writing as soon as I work out the logical order of the scene and relations to continuing events. Or, that might just be fancytalk BS to you. Either way, it shouldn't be that long.
>> No. 11370
After a moment of deliberation, you make up your mind.

“I think I'll stay at school after all. Thank you for your offer anyways.”
“Eh?! Is that really your final answer?” Her surprise is unrestrained.
“Surely it's not that upsetting to have me in school?”
“That's not it at all...”
“I'll deal with my personal life on my own time. Don't worry about it. I'm not going to fall to pieces just like that. I guarantee it.” You show her a big thumbs up coupled with you best Zimmer impression. She obviously won't get it, but at least you think that it inspires confidence in you.
“Well, I don't know about that. But, like I said, I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to.”
“Then trust me on this.” You place a hand on her shoulder to make your bid more successful. Oh man, you're a pillar of strength. In your mind you look like Cool Hand Luke or a Clint Eastwood-like character in a flick.
“And this isn't you trying too hard again?” Keine gently removes your hand from her shoulder and calls your bluff.
“Absolutely not. I'll make it through the day with no problem.” This ain't no bluff. At least on a conscious level.
“Look,” She says in a surprisingly docile voice. It's enough to make to make your pillar-o'-strength act falter for a bit. She grasps your hand firmly and stares right into your eyes, “there's no need to hide anything from me. I understand.”
“Look, I'm not trying to hide anything from you. But I do think that I might need your help. Could we talk about it after school?”
“Very well.” She lets go of you hand. “It's probably not healthy to be in denial or avoid your problems, but you know what's best for you. I've got to hand it to you though, if you are compartmentalizing, you're doing an awfully good job at it. I know I'd be very upset if my problems were related to someone I cared for for. My mind wouldn't be able to forget about it. I can imagine myself becoming a nervous wreck.” A friendly laugh to hide away her previous misgivings.
“Err...well...huh?” This is something you hadn't expected her to say. Does she know what the supposed problem is?
“Sorry, I don't mean to pry. But you know with your behavior and Alice and everything...”
“Wait, what about her?” You feel that you might be one step closer here.
“Ah I said too much. I didn't want to bring it up since you already gave me your answer. But well, you know, I just thought that you'd rather spend the day with her given everything ...”
“Like?”
“Like...”

You anxiously wait for her to finish the sentence. But it seems like fate has other plans. You can sometimes swear that the gods are drunken egomaniacal deities that play with the lives of men like they would a game of chess.

“Good morning teach!” The interrupting greeting comes from a group of students walking towards school. Damn them and their poor timing.

“We can talk later.” Keine tells you with a smile. “I should set up for the day.”

You nod and help her open up the schoolhouse. The first group of students help the two of you out, moving desks and getting things ready for the day's lessons. With their help you're done in no time. You take the opportunity to ask another question that's been on the tip of your tongue. One that you're sure Keine can answer as she moves about.

“Oh yeah, say, did you find Mokou sulking in front of your door last night? She seemed to be really worried about you."
“Hmm, Mokou?” She pauses to think for a moment while taking chalk from one of the drawers on her desk..
“I saw her yesterday at your place, she was going to stay until you came back.”
“As a matter of fact, I did. I came back late yesterday and found her crawled up sleeping on my doorstep. Looked like a stray dog.” Keine giggles and you're amused at the mental image as well.
“Oh, I see. Did you wake her up?”
“Well, I coaxed her indoors, but it was hard. Poor thing looked tired and cold. She kept mumbling something I couldn't quite make out – something about 'getting even'? Anyways, when I left this morning she was still laying on the sofa, sleeping.”
“Well, that's fine. I guess I was a bit worried about her.”
“She's a tough one, and nice - if a bit strange at times.”

The last students arrive and you take the roll call. It's a full class today, and you're up teaching the first lesson.

You do fine. You get through the material. You pick up a couple of strange vibes from the students, most likely related to what happened yesterday. You maintain your professionalism, however, and they act as expected for the most part. “As expected” means that a large segment of the students pass notes and chat with one another during class. But it's not so bad. You take pleasure in calling up the distracted to the board. Sure it's a lame way to get back at them, but it keeps them on their toes. You switch off with Keine for the next class.

During your teaching downtime, you think about the implications of what Keine said. How much does she know? It's enough for her to take pity upon you. Or wait, that might just mean that she is filling in the blanks. Stupid students interrupting potentially revelatory comments. Stupid fate. Bah, this is pointless. You consign your attention to observing the class. It's calligraphy class, and most students have ink stones on their desks and brushes in hand. You watch absentmindedly as Keine corrects the individual students, remarking about their technique and how to improve it. This is something you're not cut out to do. In fact, you think that Keine is the only person that you know that can pull off constructive criticism so well. It's hard to balance your words so that they don't hurt nor prove useless.

Towards the end of class, while still spacing out, you notice a shape moving on the bottom of the far window. That red-tipped white paper charm is an unmistakable trademark of a certain someone you know. And it's not such a long stretch to imagine her here. Since you're not doing yourself any favors just staying put, you decide to go check it out. You give Keine a discreet sign that you're going out for some air, without distracting her too much from class.
>> No. 11371
You leave by the door that's adjoined to the outside play area. And lo and behold, a crouching Mokou is slinking past the window just around the corner. She sees you, and without getting up waves to you. And then she signals a space just beyond a tree in the playground. You don't understand what the hush-hush is all about, but it can't hurt to talk to her for a few moments. It's lunchtime up next anyways.

“What's all this about?” You ask when you both reach the spot behind the tree.
“Good. This is far enough that we won't have eavesdroppers from class. You're just the person I was looking for. You have excellent timing sometimes. I was wondering how I could call out to you without anyone else noticing.” Mokou tells you with a grin.
“Okay, so you wanted to talk to me. What about?”
“I've got something really juicy for you.” She smirks. “An opportunity that you shouldn't miss.”
“And why couldn't you have told me this later?”
“Because Keine would interfere. I'm sure of it!” A definitive assertion.
“Right. Listen, I'm not just about to drop everything and run right now. So just tell me what's so important.”
“A tough customer. Well, it's alright. I'll tell you the whole deal. Today I woke up and found that Keine was missing, right? And I hadn't gotten my revenge last night. I had a good plan to boot. So I decided to get her today.”
“And?” You feel that she's keeping you needlessly in suspense here.
“And well, be patient. I headed out to the school to catch her. But first I needed to make a pit stop – for supplies. I don't keep all my possessions on me, and I needed them to get even.”
“So?”
“So I got them. But that's not the important thing. The important thing is that I ran into a little someone just outside of the Bamboo Forest. And we had a very interesting chat. And, of course, I thought of my good friend. Even though he abandoned me so cruelly in my just crusade, I cannot forsake you.” You think that she's enjoying acting magnanimous.
“So, who was it and why do I care.”
“I wonder why you care indeed? Someone yay tall,” She raises her arm to a height a bit shorter than herself, “with golden hair and a blue dress... ring a bell? Here's another hint: she also had a couple of dolls with her.”
“Alice? You talked to her?”
“That's right. Now normally I might make you complete a dare or something, but things sounded a bit serious, so I'll tell you what, I'll just hold you to some silly favor in the future.”
“So, what are you saying?” You try to act logical, despite of the multiple questions in your mind.
“I'll take you to her, right now. It seems like you should talk to her from what I gathered.”
“I can't – I should at least tell Keine. I can't desert like this for no reason. I'm a teacher, after all.”
“I'm afraid that you can't. You see, I was told that this should be as quickly as possible and no one should find out. Those were the conditions. And I made a promise that I'd honor them. That's why I sneaked over here.”
“Just like that?”
“Just like that.” She flashes you an apologetic grin – not that you had ever seen an apologetic grin before. But it's a coy expression that reflects her feelings.
“I guess I'm really on the spot. Can't you tell me if she said anything else? A message for me?”
“Uhh, well, she said it was private, you lucky dog you. And don't worry, I won't blab.”
“...”
“Well, she's waiting for you in a little hidden spot, but I don't think she can stay long – she looked busy.”

Well, your back is against the wall. And worse yet – you think that it's almost lunchtime. If you're going to take off, it'll have to be now.

[] Decline and stay in school
[] Run off with Mokou
----
And now, the waiting game. Two consecutive posts with images of different characters proves to be surprisingly time-consuming. It's hard to find good fitting images.
>> No. 11373
[x] Decline and stay in school

Priorities, targets, etc.

How can you expect to face Alice without knowing what happened between you and her? How can you be so sure Shirou will be able to handle it? How can you be so sure Alice is what she is considering what has went on? Keine has a greater grasp of what's wrong right now and besides that, one more slip up with her and you can forget your job; you can forget your friendship; you can forget about staying in Gensokyo. Running out on her towards something you don't even know about is very, very risky, something we can't afford right now. We just told her that we would be fine and that we could handle our personal life in our own time; running out on her and going after Alice right after saying that, during school no less, would just prove to her that everything we've said up until now is a lie and that we're totally unfit for her and Gensokyo on whole if the people who want us to "make our worth" of Gensokyo get wind of this.

tl;dr: Prioritize, Anon, and think about what you just read.
>> No. 11374
[X] Decline and stay in school
>> No. 11375
[x] Decline and stay in school
>> No. 11376
[x] Run off with Mokou, but try to be back before lunchtime ends, even if you have to cut your conversation short.
>> No. 11377
[X] Run off with Mokou

Ah, how I wish this option meant something other than what it actually does. Still, I'm highly curious as to what Alice would want to see us about in such secrecy, especially since whatever happened between us and her yesterday has caused many a villager to suddenly feel a great swell of pity for us.

What if whatever happened yesterday that we cannot for some reason remember was meant to be a sort of display for whoever is plotting against us? Surely with all the poking around Alice is bound to have been doing they must have realized something is up with her. Alice must have realized this, and so (assuming what happened yesterday was her breaking up with us, or something similar) she put on a little show for our observer(s) with the intention of leading them to believe that her ties with us had been severed, assuring our safety for the time being and allowing her to some more breathing room to do her thing. If it was believed that Alice had no reason to want to even LOOK at us anymore, there would be no reason for our unseen manipulator to continue observing her actions and she would effectively drop from their radar.

Yet, here she is entrusting Mokou, someone who is well-established as against our hosts and likely manipulators, to guide us to her for a little meeting, perhaps to share with us some decisive info she picked up, or just to let us know that yesterday was just a ruse on her part.

Or, perhaps she really does hate our guts, wants to demand Albion back, and in return hands us back our gifts to her along with the little Shirou doll all covered in leaky poo.

On slightly different note, what the hell is going on? Now the majority is AGAINST going for the apparent Alice option, and now I'M the one voting for it? Goddamn role reversals.
I don't know what to believe anymore.
>> No. 11380
>>11377
maybe the Alicefags are out, or maybe they were just fags who went with her cuz it looked like EASY MODO. Anyways, we're doomed, so it's better if we save some face while we're at it.
>> No. 11381
>“Well, I coaxed her indoors, but it was hard. Poor thing looked tired and cold. She kept mumbling something I couldn't quite make out – something about 'getting even'? Anyways, when I left this morning she was still laying on the sofa, sleeping.”

[x] Smirk. "Let's see, who would want to get Shirou to abandon his school duties, sending him on a wild goose and in order to 'get even' with both he and Keine over some perceived slight? Someone known for holding irrational grudges against people for inordinately long periods of time? Who could that be, I wonder~ I wonder~?"
[x] Decline and stay in school.

Being mean to Mokou will only serve to make her like you more. And that is both good and bad.
>> No. 11385
[x] Decline and stay in school.
>> No. 11388
>>11381
Oh COME ON now. Does Mokou really strike you as being so childishly petty to pull some sort of prank like this?

...okay, so MAYBE she is. But do you honestly think she would go so far for the sake of a joke?

...judging by how she fell asleep on Keine's doorstep, I suppose so. BUT, do you think she would...

Okay, I got nothing.
>> No. 11389
Oh God, childish Mokou is moe.
>> No. 11391
[x] Smirk. "Let's see, who would want to get Shirou to abandon his school duties, sending him on a wild goose and in order to 'get even' with both he and Keine over some perceived slight? Someone known for holding irrational grudges against people for inordinately long periods of time? Who could that be, I wonder~ I wonder~?"
[x] Decline and stay in school.

We don't want Shirou to get depressed over the implications of rejecting Alice, so it's better for him to just assume Mokou is lying.
>> No. 11393
>>We don't want Shirou to get depressed over the implications of rejecting Alice, so it's better for him to just assume Mokou is lying.

And potentially offending Mokou and hurting Alice in the process, should this not be some bizarre attempt at "payback" by Mokou.
Yeah. Great plan.

Mokou might have strange ideas, but I would think that even she wouldn't go so far as to do anything that would hurt us in our job helping her best friend, which she herself had suggested we take up in the first place, nor would she seem likely to do anything that would genuinely harm anyone she considers to be a friend. She's a somewhat eccentric and occasionally childish girl who is easily bored and clearly has too much time on her hands, not some sadistic and manipulative bitch who gets her kicks befriending people and then sending them about on pointless and ultimately futile tasks just because she can.

Even if this is a prank, I sincerely doubt it would have a greater effect than merely irritating us and wasting a little time, and if it isn't then it's probably the only opportunity we've got to get some more info on whatever is happening around us, aside from Tewi finally paying us a visit and making good on her promise.

...assuming she still can, that is.
>> No. 11399
>>11393

Mokou may not be quite childish enough to play pranks but she's not exactly omniscient either. What does she truly know about the situation? Is she really even involved much in the plot happening to Alice? She was sitting here Making freakin' jokes about Shirou and Alice being an item, as if nothing bad was happening when that clearly was not the case at all.

Think. Last time we were with Alice, we apparently broke down in tears, had our will, spirit and everything but our body utterly and hopelessly shattered and even ended up completely forgetting about it and thus turning the whole thing into a tragic story we can't remember and thus ending up destroying everyone's visions of us being fine. Seeing Alice again before remembering that might just bring that back to Shirou in an unpleasent and seriously jarring way that will only shatter him again and cause the cycle to repeat itself; only in a much worse manner. NO ONE will ever believe we'll be fine, we'll lose our job, and the whole thing will turn to shit. I can't guarentee you this, but common sense points to this being a likely outcome with the stakes this high, I don't believe risks are something we should be taking after royally screwing ourselves over god knows how many times now. Our relationship with just about everyone in Gensokyo is on a very thin thread and our priority should be to strengthen those back up before we take any risks like this, otherwise this risk might be our true, honest to goodness last.

We just got done telling Keine we would solve our problems in our own personal time, people. Didn't you all read that? Follow Shirou's advice for once; and actually do what you say you're gonna do, otherwise you're going to ruin the whole thing and make Shirou ten times more miserable then he already is. And that's truly saying something.
>> No. 11401
[X] Run off with Mokou
>> No. 11402
{X} Decline and stay in school.
>> No. 11403
[X] Decline and stay in school
>> No. 11404
[x] Decline and stay in school

“I'm sorry, but I just can't leave. I promised Keine that I would take care of my problems on my own time.”
“And you're sure about this?” Mokou says in a sober tone, “Even if this might be important? I'm sure Keine would understand if you told her later.”
“I gave her my word. Besides,” You add playfully, “This could just be a big ruse to get even with me for yesterday.”

Mokou falls silent for a moment. She looks down for a moment, and when she looks back up she sports a look of the likes you hadn't ever seen before. If looks could kill, this one would have the potential to wipe out the whole village at once.

“Fine.” Her words are ice cold. You feel that under all of that is a volcano waiting to explode. “I am just a messenger doing a favor. I can respect the first reason. Somewhat. But don't you think that I would ever pull the kind of manipulative bullshit that you're implying. I'll let it go this time because we're friends, and because you've lived long enough with those people to acquire a few unsavory habits.”
“There's no need to get mad, I was just joking Mokou.” You're not quite sure why she's reacting this way in the first place. It surely can't just be about you not going to see Alice.
“This is no joking matter. I may not be the smartest person around, but I know trouble when I see it. And you're in trouble.”
“Ah, well, I wouldn't really despair about it...”
“Damn right you wouldn't, you freaking idiot.” Although she insults you and looks somewhat scary right now (if she were a mugger you'd be giving her all of your account numbers and access codes right now), there's something else about her that bothers you. You can't help but feel that she's misdirecting some of her other feelings as well.
“Look, I'm sorry. I do believe you, it's just that like I said-”
“Sorry won't cut it. This isn't something you can be carefree about!” She raises her voice, and you're sure that at least someone inside the school must have noticed.
“Whatever it is that you're really mad at, please don't take it out on me.” You try to remain calm, even if your words come off as a bit weenie-like.
“...I guess it really can't be helped if you're an idiot.” Mokou speaks in a more calm manner. She lets out a sigh. “I should be going. I played my part.”

The bell signifying the start of lunch rings. Classes are over for now. You turn to watch the first students come out of class.

“See you.” Mokou bids you goodbye. You can't see her, but from the sound of her footsteps she's scurrying away quickly from here. It looks like she really didn't want anyone else to find out about this.
“...Yeah, see you.”

You walk towards the school building, passing by the students who are quickly organizing lunchtime games. All the uncertain gazes from the morning are gone, perhaps because they're all preoccupied with fun right now. You should follow their cue and worry about the present right now. You grab your lunch from the classroom and sit on a bench overlooking the playground. All part of your duties. Keine's off doing her own thing, talking to a few students inside the classroom. No doubt it's some kind of advice-giving. The students trust her judgment for that sort of stuff.

Watching the kids play takes you mind off from complicated matters. It relaxes you and puts you at ease. They're a good bunch as well. You haven't encountered any major problems with them. Just the occasional infantile trick like putting bugs in girls' desks but never anything serious like bullying. As you sit in your relaxed state, a small group of girls come up to you. It's the older girls with one or two of the younger ones.

“Teach, I hope we aren't bothering you.” The eldest speaks up. She's the de facto leader of the girls in the school. She's the one that makes sure that the boys don't bully the girls.
“Not at all. How may I help you ladies?” A teacher always has time to speak with his students.
“Well, we just wanted to tell you that you should hang in there. Isn't that right girls?”
“Mmhmm!”, “Yeah!”, “That's right!” are the replies from the group.
“Thank you for the sentiment, but you shouldn't worry about me. I'm your teacher, I'll be fine. You should worry about yourselves.”
“That's alright. We just wanted to tell you that we know that you're only human. And we respect you very much.””
“Hah, thanks for that. But really, I'm fine. You girls out to have fun during lunch time, instead of hanging out with a fuddy-duddy like me.” You make them disperse with a big smile. You're not quite sure what impression it is that they have of you, but at least they seem to care. And that makes you feel good.

What brought that on anyways? Is it about yesterday? Or did they pick up on what happened a little earlier? Ah, who cares? It was a sweet gesture. What sort of guy doesn't like having the support of his cute students?
>> No. 11405
“How did that fresh air work out for you?” One last person comes to you during lunchtime. It's Keine and she speaks to you in passing.
“Fine, I think I got all the fresh air that I needed.”
“That's nice. I'm glad. Listen, your class is next and there's only a few minutes left. So be prepared.”
“Aye aye. I'll get my notes ready.”

You use the last few minutes of the break to set up for your class. Take out your talking points as well as find a good piece of chalk – a task which isn't as simple as it seems. Good chalk isn't too brittle nor too hard. It writes well and lasts long. Anyways, you're set up and ready for the afternoon's lessons. Keine rings the bell and the students start to slowly shuffle back into class. Afternoon classes are sometimes tough because the kids are worn out. But you try to make things interesting for them in a quest to fight against their fatigue.

Still, it's a group activity. The class is split into small groups of three or four students each. Each group is supposed to come up with relevant observations based off a couple of examples and worksheets that you give them. It's all obviously scaled to the different age groups. But the beauty of it is that at the end, they'll each share and hopefully all learn something from each of the groups. You hover from group to group, helping out when needed. Keine sits out on this one, taking care of work in her office. This is it for the day, you're the last class. So for the first period and half you make them work and then spend the remaining time having the groups share a bit of what they learn. Overall, it's a success and a satisfying way to wrap up the day.

You dismiss the class, ringing the bell. The students that were drained re-energize when classes are over. Kids will be kids everywhere. There's no doubt in your mind that a lot of them will go off to play now instead of heading right home. That's okay though, there's still plenty of afternoon left. You start to clean up for the day, putting away your teaching supplies and materials. After you're mostly done Keine comes out of her office and helps you out. In all, it only takes about fifteen minutes, including separating material for tomorrow's class. You're alone with her.

“So, today went by fast, didn't it?” You start up conversation.
“I guess. All of the days seem to go by fast for me. I'm never bored when I'm here.”
“I guess it's mostly the same for me.”
“Glad to hear it. Now about that talk... do you mind if we have it here? Or would you rather go someplace else?”
“Here's fine.” There's no need to go anywhere else. Since there's no one here, you'll have all the privacy that you could ever want.
“Okay, then let's sit. I hardly think that it's proper for us to just be standing around.” Keine grabs a chair and brings it up to the teacher's desk. You sit opposite each other. “You said that you needed my help. What about?”

[] Write-in option
---------
After some soul-searching I decided that this should be a scene that you handle however you want. Message, timber, and attitudes are all relevant to this if you so wish to detail. Depending on what you say the scene will flow, so don't be afraid to start small and then be more specific. Or maybe you'd rather be all-encompassing now. If you're going to commit to what you've chosen it's only fair that you set the tone as you wish it to be.

Alea iacta est
>> No. 11407
>>11399
You make a good point, but I still believe that we're taking as much of a risk by not following up on this as we are by not.

Mokou might not be omniscient, but there's no way she's completely oblivious, either. EVERYONE in the village knows what happened yesterday but us, and while Mokou isn't exactly known for being the social type, with even the amount of shopping she does she's bound to know at least a couple people that she'd catch some idle gossip from. And if she had even a vague idea of how whatever happened affected us, I really don't believe she would be so callous as to try to make a joke out of it.

Besides that, she said it herself from her supposed talk with Alice:
>>“That's right. Now normally I might make you complete a dare or something, but things sounded a bit serious, so I'll tell you what, I'll just hold you to some silly favor in the future.”

If she had no idea what had happened between us yesterday, I don't think she would have phrased things like that, making the matter itself with Alice seem serious but keeping her own end playful. At the very least, she wouldn't pass up the chance to tease us at great length about us being called away from work by young women who want to see us alone. Yet, she only made ONE little remark in jest about the meeting itself, while everything else about the matter itself was fairly straightforward. Considering this is a girl who stayed at Keine's ALL NIGHT for the sake of a prank, that actually seems rather restrained for someone like her. If she really had no idea how serious things were between us yesterday, there's no way she would pass up the chance to tease us about this at every opportunity. I think, much like her joking yesterday, she has a pretty good idea that things are serious, and her humor is just her attempt to try to lighten things up for us, like suggesting something as blatantly absurd and far-off-the-mark as the Eientei folk sexually molesting us.

As for the reason for not seeing Alice, consider that even if we don't know exactly what happened yesterday, SHE most certainly does. Now, why would someone who put on a VERY public display that put us in such a state that everyone in the village and even in Eientei know about it want to talk to us in private the very next day? Either the sweet little dollmaker has a mile-wide malicious streak that we had not yet noticed, or there was more to what happened yesterday than met the eye, and this private meeting today is meant to either clear things up or share some other important piece of information in a way that whoever is watching us won't be aware of. It would certainly explain the secrecy and small window of opportunity.

Yes, this could be a joke by Mokou, yes it might not be a good idea to see Alice even if it isn't, but to dismiss this chance so quickly is to completely disregard the fact that Alice, someone who had up to now had been shown to care for us VERY deeply, had been keeping quite busy looking into our situation and a way to help us up until now. To not even consider the possibility that there was more to whatever happened yesterday despite not knowing exactly what happened and to dismiss this current turn of events so readily seems like a mistake to me.
>> No. 11408
>> No. 11409
Well, crap. Too little, too late I guess.
Still, can't say I didn't try to warn you.

The matter itself aside, did you really think that accusing (no matter how jokingly) Mokou of pulling the same sort of manipulative shenanigans that the one person she HATES more than anything in the world is known for would do anything but offend and royally piss her off?

If this is your idea of "strengthening up" a relationship that's currently on a thin thread, I'd hate to see what you'd do to intentionally try to make someone hate you.
>> No. 11410
>>11409
>I'd hate to see what you'd do to intentionally try to make someone hate you.

Based on our success in achieving our past goals here, trying to make someone hate us would probably result in them loving us.
>> No. 11411
>>11410
I'd say that sounds utterly ridiculous, but then I remember sweet little Aya, who we treated like shit and she gave us a blowjob as a result.

If we had gone for HER route instead, perhaps things would be going differently for us by now.
At the very least, there would be less of an excuse for why a certain thing involving her remains nothing more than an unwritten Fantasy.

Oh, who am I kidding? This could have been the most Anon-proofed story ever made, and we'd still find a way to royally fuck things up for ourselves.

Ah well. Next I post I had better have a vote to go along with it, I suppose.
>> No. 11412
>>11411
>If we had gone for HER route instead
Except she didn't ever have a route. Not that there is an Alice route proper either. Romantic attachment isn't really the end objective here (or at least the main priority). It'd likely pan out to be something similar to this, but perhaps with more 'undercover detective' work and silly disguises.
>an unwritten Fantasy
Hmm, I can't help but feel that this is something I should care about. But for the life of me I can't remember what it is.

And you better have a vote next time, consarn it! Otherwise I'll never break out of this slow-update cycle.

>trying to make someone hate us would probably result in them loving us
This teeters closely to the philosophy of certain women-hating stereotypes. Although the occasional cold shoulder might actually help in a few, limited cases, I admit. Not that being an asshole now is going to solve anything.

>snow end.jpg
Better than a couple of decades of time passing, right? Say, about half a century?
>> No. 11414
>This teeters closely to the philosophy of certain women-hating stereotypes.

Or a tsundere.

>Better than a couple of decades of time passing, right? Say, about half a century?

GODDAMMIT
>> No. 11415
[x] "This may be hard for you to believe, but I have no memory of what happened yesterday, and what's more is that this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened. I'd see Eirin, but I fear she'll just give me the same non-answer she gave when I fell into that.. coma the other day."
[x] "So what I need from you is not so much advice or help as it is the simple facts. What did I do yesterday?"
[x] Tone: hesitant, plaintive, serious

Shirou knows somewhere that he's in dire need of aid, but his cries for help are suffocated by his own affected obliviousness. This is a coping strategy resulting from a combination of learned helplessness (from being repeatedly subjected to apparently inescapable stress) and from a pathological unwillingness to burden others.

This makes sense if you remember from the start of this that "Shirou" is a self-designated appellation. Belief being what it is in Gensokyo—fueled by Kaguya, himself, and possibly Yukari—winding up playing the part of his namesake to a T may have been an inevitability. The magnitude of this belief is already manifest in his ability to call upon Rho Aias.

If Keine is unwilling to believe him here, he'd probably just try to play it off as a joke rather than press the issue, and then go off to despair in private.
>> No. 11417
[x] "This may be hard for you to believe, but I have no memory of what happened yesterday, and what's more is that this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened. I'd see Eirin, but I fear she'll just give me the same non-answer she gave when I fell into that.. coma the other day."
[x] "So what I need from you is not so much advice or help as it is the simple facts. What did I do yesterday?"
[x] Tone: hesitant, plaintive, serious

pretty much yes, everything now depends on us finding out WTF happened, so this being straightforward, might, work.
>> No. 11418
I said I'd do it, so here you go.

[X] Get straight to the point: tell Keine that whatever happened yesterday at school, you have absolutely no memory of it. As far as you know, you fell asleep the night before, woke up yesterday afternoon, and suddenly everyone in town is looking at you funny, drunks are offering you their sympathies, and Mokou's acting funny...though that might actually be quite normal for her.
[X] Add that something strange has been going on lately, that you need to know what is going on, and that as the only other person around when whatever happened yesterday happened and one of the few people you trust, you need Keine's help on figuring this all out, and urge that if there is anything she knows to please tell you.

If we're going to do this, we may as well be as direct as possible. Might not want to get into the whole "we're being manipulated, someone told us we're being manipulated, someone else apparently WANTS us to know we're being manipulated, and the one responsible is probably one or more of the people we're currently living with" bit just yet, though, but Keine needs to understand something of our current situation, and that we don't know as much about what happened as she might think we do.

Also, I wouldn't bring up our little meeting with Mokou over the lunch break. If she was telling the truth, and why any of you doubted it I will not understand, then Alice did not want ANYONE else to know about this, and likely only entrusted Mokou with her task because of her open hostility towards the group that Alice is clearly trying to keep all of this secret from. If she's still trying to help us, letting this information go any further than it needs to will only serve to further hinder her ability to do so.

>>It'd likely pan out to be something similar to this, but perhaps with more 'undercover detective' work and silly disguises.

There is no way that wouldn't have been anything other than awesome. It would have been worth it just for the image of Aya wearing those glasses with the fake nose and Groucho moustache.
>> No. 11420
Gonna keep my vote very direct and simple

[x] Tell Keine about your loss of memory, and about certain odd dreams

Now I wasn't the one that wanted to say Mokou was joking around, I already gathered that much. Though I have to admit, accusing her of such still ended worse then I expected.
>> No. 11422
>This makes sense if you remember from the start of this that "Shirou" is a self-designated appellation. Belief being what it is in Gensokyo—fueled by Kaguya, himself, and possibly Yukari—winding up playing the part of his namesake to a T may have been an inevitability. The magnitude of this belief is already manifest in his ability to call upon Rho Aias.

...

Definitely want to change the name from "Shirou" on the next playthrough.

Now who would be the farthest from "Shirou" personality-wise, yet still fit the protagonist's "collector" origins? Whoever it is would have to be suited to living in a world filled entirely with women and children.
>> No. 11426
I'm feeling a bit uninspired right now. Plus the turnout, while perhaps thorough in reasoning, has still been a bit lacking in numbers. This adds to my reluctance of writing right now. Well, even facing continued silence I'll write eventually.

>>11422
Although it'd be amusing to shift the personality to a (more or less) complete reversal, I think things wouldn't work out very well. What with the unbridled arrogance and disdain for, well, pretty much everyone. While I dislike Shirou, I think there's still potential in him, especially in subsequent playthroughs. Plus, knowing anon, I think that there's a high risk that things might end up becoming very FABULOUS. On the other hand... he did get on very well with a certain, almost werebeast-like, individual...that might count for something...

Pic related.
>> No. 11438
>>11426
>Although it'd be amusing to shift the personality to a (more or less) complete reversal, I think things wouldn't work out very well.

Well to be honest it didn't work so well this time, did it?

>What with the unbridled arrogance and disdain for, well, pretty much everyone.

So in other words, he's too perfect a match for Kaguya?

But seriously, unbridled arrogance is standard form when playing danmaku.

>Plus, knowing anon, I think that there's a high risk that things might end up becoming very FABULOUS.

Is fine too.
>> No. 11439
>>11426
You still get more votes than YAF.
>> No. 11448
[X] Get straight to the point: tell Keine that whatever happened yesterday at school, you have absolutely no memory of it. As far as you know, you fell asleep the night before, woke up yesterday afternoon, and suddenly everyone in town is looking at you funny, drunks are offering you their sympathies, and Mokou's acting funny...though that might actually be quite normal for her.
[X] Add that something strange has been going on lately, that you need to know what is going on, and that as the only other person around when whatever happened yesterday happened and one of the few people you trust, you need Keine's help on figuring this all out, and urge that if there is anything she knows to please tell you.
>> No. 11450
Given that I'll most likely have to split up the post due to the character limit, and that we've almost reached auto-sage, I'll create a new thread. Expect something soon.

Oh and final note; I bitch and whine most of the time just because I can. For what is a writfag without his (lovable?) character flaws? In reality I just say a lot of things just for the sake of saying something. Well, not plot-related things at least. Those are taken seriously.