[Return]
Archived thread

File 121731419810.png - (404.06KB , 630x600 , komachi037.png ) [iqdb]
8982 No. 8982
A short one, but an update all the same.

***

[X] "So, Komachi. Up for another round of THE GAME?"

***

Komachi doesn't show any signs of waking any time soon, and the unnerving silence of the misty river causes you to grow restless. The atmosphere is really stifling; if Komachi has to row through this every day, then you can see why she'd be a slacker. Not wanting to spend the trip in silence, you look for a tactful way to rouse her.

Screw it.

"Hey, Komachi."

She mumbles something response, the drowsy smile not leaving her face.

"Up for another round of THE GAME?"

Komachi continues to stare at you sleepily for a while, but as time passes her features shift into a puzzled frown. She opens her mouth as if to say something, and her eyes snap wide open.

"I just lost? Son of a bitch!"

She gives you a mock glare and lifts her scythe out of the water to rap the wooden end of it against your forehead. The blow knocks you onto your back, leaving you to rub away the stinging sensation it left behind.

"I was doing great, and you had to go and ruin it." Komachi laughs. "Who would have thought someone would come up with a game that even death gods can lose?"

You sit back up to see Komachi leaning back with an amused smile on her face. She's actually rowing at a decent clip now, and the boat is cutting through the water more speedily. She heaves an exaggerated sigh when your eyes meet hers.

"Did you have to go and spoil my nap? Have you got any idea how boring it is out here on my own?"

"Nope. I've got you, after all." You give her a winning smile, and rest your head in your hands and your elbows on your lap.

"Lucky you, kid. I should charge you twice, for the ferry and for the wonderful company." She leans forward and presses her forehead against yours.

"And it is wonderful company."

"Naturally." She replies sweetly.

Well, she's definitely up now.

[ ] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"

[ ] Wait for her to do something.

>> No. 8984
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8985
[ ] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8987
[x] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
Well, technically we owe her the afterlife coins generated from those who loved us while we were alive, but hey, let's not get into that.
>> No. 8988
[ ] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8989
[x] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"

"Whaddaya got?"
"Not much, unless you can make change for an orgasm."
>> No. 8991
[x] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8992
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8993
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8994
[x] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8995
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8996
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"
>> No. 8997
[x] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"

And another.
>> No. 8998
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"

Gee, I wonder what's going to win!
>> No. 8999
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"


Insert vote.
Receive H scene.
>> No. 9000
[X] "So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"

***

"So, what do I owe you, my lovely ferrywoman?"

"A decent conversation would be good." She cups your chin in her hand briefly, then sits up again. "It gets so boring out here that I spend most of my time on these little rides talking to the ghosts, even though they can't talk back."

"That's a pretty cheap fare."

"A cheap ride across the Sanzu River isn't a good thing." Her voice is wry, but her expression is a little bitter.

"How's that?" You're a bit curious now.

"The ride always costs all the money you've got, and all the money you'll have at the time is determined by how much other people have spent on you. The width of the river grows longer the less you pay, and if you don't have anything... it goes on forever. I tend to just throw those folks off the boat."

You glance into the shining surface of the river, and see a shadow move far down in the depths. A shiver runs through you as you remember what Yuyuko said about things worse than death.

"It was a pretty big surprise when I first picked you up, you know."

"Wait," you perk up, "you picked me up before? I don't remember anything like that."

"You wouldn't. Your spirit was in a sort of... stasis, I guess you could say. It was why I picked you up, actually. That's not a common condition for ghosts around here, so I figured you might be a bit interesting. Imagine my surprise when you didn't have any cash, but the river didn't lengthen at all. Like it couldn't even detect you. Brought you to the boss after that, and... well, you know what happened from there."

"Guess the judges weren't the only ones who couldn't find the record of my soul."

"Suppose so. But, hey, at least your crossing went pretty quick, and it saved you from being thrown overboard." She grins sheepishly at you. "Sorry about that, by the way. Probably doesn't do much for your opinion of me to know that I might have thrown you to the water."

[ ] "It's no big deal. I can see why you'd do it if those folks can't cross at all."

[ ] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
>> No. 9001
{X} "It's no big deal. I can see why you'd do it if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9003
[x] "Eh, a job's a job."
Even if she does do it really half-assed.
>> No. 9004
[X] "It's no big deal. I can see why you'd do it if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9005
[x] "It's a little worrying, but good thing it didn't come to that, huh?"
[x] "Anyhow, ya gotta do what you gotta do. Can't blame you too much for that."

>>9000
Defenestration GET
>> No. 9006
>Imagine my surprise when you didn't have any cash

You died alone Anonymous.
No one grieved for you. No one loved you.
>> No. 9007
>>9001

MUST RESIST THE MEME.

THIS CHOICE AUTOMATICALLY WINS BY DEFAULT.

OH FUCK IT, IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!
>> No. 9008
>>9007

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 9009
[x] "It's no big deal. I can see why you'd do it if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9010
[x] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[x] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9011
[x] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[x] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9013
[x] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[x] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."

>>9007
stop posting
>> No. 9014
[x] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[x] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9015
[X] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
>> No. 9016
[$] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[$] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
[$] Couldn't you just leave them on the other side of the river in the first place?
>> No. 9019
>>9016
>Couldn't you just leave them on the other side of the river in the first place?

PoFV happens.
>> No. 9024
>>9007
a couple of tips:
- don't post things like that
- don't post
>> No. 9026
[ ] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
>> No. 9029
[+] "It's no big deal. I can see why you'd do it if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9031
[x] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[x] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
>> No. 9044
[z] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[e] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
[~] "Couldn't you just leave them on the other side of the river in the first place?"

>>9019
Hakunon doesn't know that.
>> No. 9048
[z] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[e] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
[~] "Couldn't you just leave them on the other side of the river in the first place?"
>> No. 9063
>>9000
[x] "It's cool, I like my women fiesty."
>> No. 9067
Updates?
>> No. 9074
File 121759081744.png - (94.29KB , 350x352 , a forlorn insect 7.png ) [iqdb]
9074
>> No. 9075
File 121759083620.png - (94.28KB , 350x352 , a forlorn insect 8.png ) [iqdb]
9075
>> No. 9077
[λ] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[λ] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."
[λ] "Ah, how about a riddle to lighten the mood? A shinigami has to cross the river Sanzu in a boat that can hold only herself and one other passenger. She needs to transport a hungry ghost, a night sparrow, and a firefly. She must be sure that when she is out in the boat the hungry ghost is not left with the night sparrow and the night sparrow is not left with the firefly, else one will eat the other. If she takes more than three trips, her boss will think she's being lazy and will again get angry. Now, how does she transport the passengers across without pissing off her boss?"

Komachi riddlan gaems
>> No. 9080
>>9077

Hmm, she takes first the sparrow, then any of the other two?
>> No. 9081
>>9080

You should be able to solve this.
>> No. 9082
>>9077
Don't take any of them?
>> No. 9083
>>9077
that would be a huge disappointment after introducing her to "a game that even death gods can lose"
>> No. 9084
>>9077
Isn't it impossible to meet the conditions of that riddle? If you can only bring one person across per trip--and assuming she must transport them, which is implied by the phrasing--then it cannot be done in three trips. The sparrow must be transported on the first trip, to avoid a forbidden pairing. But after delivering the second person, the sparrow must be brought back to avoid a forbidden pairing (i.e. sparrow & ghost, or sparrow & firefly). Thus, a third and fourth trip are required, because after returning from the second trip there are still two persons that need to be transported.

Poor Komachi. She can't win.
>> No. 9085
>>9077
I'm pretty sure you either forgot a part or screwed that up. That's not riddling at all.
>> No. 9086
>>9077

HA HA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

>>9084

Yeah it requires a forth trip.

e.g.:
1. Take Mystia across
2. Take Yuyuko across; bring Mystia back
3. Take Wriggle across
4. Take Mystia across
>> No. 9087
File 121762808540.jpg - (89.00KB , 700x492 , komachi013.jpg ) [iqdb]
9087
Late update. Will commence Wriggle-induced moe spasms in short order.

***

[X] "To be honest, it is a little disconcerting."
[X] "But that's not your fault; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."

***

"To be honest," you confess, "it is a little disconcerting."

Komachi gives you a sad smile and seems to deflate just a little. Despite a short sigh, she sounds rather relieved by your response.

"Yeah. That's the normal reaction. That's a healthy response though, you know? Coming so close to being thrown overboard isn't a nice thought. Someone who throws people down there is someone that's going to make you wary."

"I don't think it's really your fault that you do it, though; you'd have to do that if those folks can't cross at all."

Komachi's gaze hardens, and something about the atmosphere changes. You're suddenly very aware of the enormous scythe she wields, and a look into her eyes reveals a strange glimpse of something quite obviously inhuman. It feels as though she were looking straight through you.

After a moment her gaze softens, and she leans back a bit.

"You know, you make a good impression, kid, even though I'm still not exactly sure of what to think of you. Kind of makes me curious." She bends forward and ruffles your hair a bit. You feel a bit embarrassed, but there's something comforting about the gesture, and you find it relaxing. "I'm kind of concerned, too. You seem pretty understanding, but... that can get you into trouble sometimes, kid. Be careful about that."

"Sure." You're a bit confused, but her straightforward concern compels you to acknowledge her.

"For instance, I think it's a good thing that you dislike it that I throw people off, even if you understand why. I don't much like it myself, but it's hard to keep from getting apathetic about it when you can see the bigger picture. I guess what I'm saying is that you shouldn't let understanding get in the way of your feelings too much, or you'll stop caring about things. That ain't much fun, kid, trust me."

She's pretty frank, but it's refreshing. When she's not lazing around or fired up about something, she gives you a sort of... big sister feeling, if you had to classify it as something. Not exactly that, of course, but it's close. You feel a silly little urge to go over and sit in her lap.

[ ] Sit in her lap.

[ ] At least try and sit closer to her.

[ ] Ignore it.
>> No. 9088
[X] At least try and sit closer to her.
>> No. 9089
[ ] Sit in her lap.

Girly anon is girly.

At the moment.

I just have this mental image of Anon sitting in her lap with oddly female proportions due to the way his not-muscles and clothes on top of them find themselves sitting, staring into her eyes and blushing slightly with his arms around her neck for supHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
>> No. 9090
[X] Sit in her lap.
>> No. 9091
[x] Put your head on her lap.
>> No. 9092
[X] At least try and sit closer to her.

You can't just go straight to sitting in her lap, Anon! You have to slowly and gradually shift closer towards her first.
>> No. 9093
[x] Ignore it.

STEEL WILL
>> No. 9094
[x] Have her sit in your lap.
>> No. 9095
[X] Put your head on her lap.


I like this.
>> No. 9096
[X] At least try and sit closer to her.
>> No. 9097
File 121763354029.jpg - (414.98KB , 600x800 , 1204085622946.jpg ) [iqdb]
9097
[x] Sit in her lap.

You move across the boat and turn around, gently lowering your head onto the redhead's soft white thighs. Looking up, you can barely see Komachi's face past her well endowed features, but its enough to notice a rather confused expression. However, after a moment the look passes and she smiles happily, rubbing your hair with her free hand.

It feels wonderful, but after a few blissful minutes the tranquility is disturbed by something poking into the back of your head. There is a rhythm to it, as if its pulsating.

[ ] Jump out of the boat.
[ ] Ignore it.


(sorry, couldn't resist)
>> No. 9098
>>9097
Damnit Dr. Doujin
[X] Throw Komachi out of the boat.
>> No. 9099
[X] Put your head on her lap.
>> No. 9100
>>9097
{X} Turn face-down.
>> No. 9101
>>9097

[x] Anal + Reach around

DO IT.
>> No. 9102
[x] At least try and sit closer to her.

Everything else seems meh
>> No. 9103
[x] At least try and sit closer to her.
>> No. 9104
File 121763588953.png - (30.45KB , 736x736 , Awesomewide.png ) [iqdb]
9104
>>9097
>> No. 9105
[x] Put your head on her lap.

Fortune favors the bold. It seems like it could work.
>> No. 9106
>>9097
Haha, geez. Dammit, Doujin, you sonuvabitch.
>> No. 9107
[+] At least try and sit closer to her.
>> No. 9109
>>9105
Fourtune also favors fools and children.

>>9097
DOUJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
>> No. 9110
[X] At least try and sit closer to her.
[S] Tell Komachi she's awesome.
[X] Ask if you can call her "Aneki".


>>9097

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 9111
>>9097
For a moment I thought you were Patchwork.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 9115
[x] At least try and sit closer to her.
>> No. 9116
[x] Sit in her lap.
>> No. 9117
>>9097

Awesome, yet disturbing.
>> No. 9118
>>9104
Saved as amiawesomeuguu.png
>> No. 9119
>she gives you a sort of... big sister feeling, if you had to classify it as something.
Like an elder sister, huh? You do realize that to Anon, this only makes her appear more fuckable?
>> No. 9120
>big sister feeling
I'd feel big sister, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 9121
Hey I'd go for the "seductive big sister" over the "loli little sister" any day.

While I'm here: hey Patchwork are you interested in helping us with the TouhouVN? We've got a lot of good writers and I think you'd do very well with the Siki/Komachi/Yuyuko/Youmu Routes.
>> No. 9122
[x] Put your head on her lap.
>> No. 9123
[x] Put your head on your lap.
>> No. 9124
File 121772114959.jpg - (108.97KB , 502x601 , hellyes.jpg ) [iqdb]
9124
>>9119
>>9120
>>9121

in after
Komachi? I liked her better when she was called Tama-nee.
>> No. 9125
[x] Genuflect
[x] "CAN I CALL YOU ONEESAMA?"
>> No. 9127
Tally shows "sit closer" wins by most metrics (overall total & first to 3/5/7).

>[] At least try and sit closer to her.
>>9115>>9110>>9107>>9103>>9102>>9096>>9092>>9088
Total 8 votes

>[] Put your head on her lap.
>>9122>>9105>>9099>>9095>>9091
Total 5 votes

>[] Sit in her lap.
>>9116>>9097>>9090>>9089
Total 4 votes
>> No. 9128
File 121779852929.jpg - (13.68KB , 225x220 , justaspatched.jpg ) [iqdb]
9128
>>9097

Just as patched.

>>9121

Why not? You've got forums, right? I'll get around to signing up some time this week. I always enjoy tossing the idea ball around.

Update in next post.
>> No. 9129
[X] At least try and sit closer to her.

***

On the one hand, you really want to sit on her lap, on the other hand it probably wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to do. Figuring it would be best to compromise, you decide to just sit closer to her. Unfortunately, it's a small boat, and you're on the side opposite her, so there's no subtle way to do this.

"Hey, Komachi. Scoot."

"What?"

"Scoot."

You gesture for her to move to one side of the boat, and she does so with a confused look on her face. Carefully, so as to avoid rocking the boat, you make your way over to Komachi and sit down next to her. The ship's kind of small, and it's a tight squeeze, but you manage to fit in next to her all the same.

"Evidently I'm as attractive as ever." Komachi laughs and slings an arm around you, pulling your head to rest against hers. "Yuyuko's habits must be rubbing off on you. It's kind of nice having a friend who's so physical... of course, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that, now do I?"

Komachi leers at you, a perverse grin on her face.

"I'll admit that it's nice," you conceed with a chuckle, "though I don't think I'm quite as physical as she is just yet. If I were, I'd already be sitting in your lap."

Komachi blinks, then laughs again.

"You wanted to be in my lap? You should have gone for it, kid! You won't get anywhere in life doing things halfway."

"I don't have to worry about life," you counter, "and besides, I wouldn't want to offend."

"Offend?" Komachi snorts. "You ought to know me better than that, kid. It'll take a damn sight to offend me, and I highly doubt you're going to start groping me without my consent any time soon. I'm all for good fun."

Even though she's scolding you, her tone is pretty lax. She really does sound like a big sister, now.

"I'll take that to mean I can go ahead and get in your lap."

"Nope," Komachi sticks her tongue out at you, "missed your chance now. Too bad!"

"I suppose I'll have to settle for this, then." You wrap your arms around her waist in a small hug, and cuddle up to her, leaning most of your weight on her. She's soft.

"Well, at least you can make the best out of what you've got. That's always a good skill."

As the conversation dies down you can feel yourself slackening. The cool chill of the misty river air, the quiet sound of the boat pushing through the water, the gentle rocking of the vessel, the softness and warmth of Komachi beside you, and the feeling of her hand tangled in your hair, scratching at the back of your head softly... a yawn escapes you, and your vision fuzzes a bit. Everything starts to run together, and you really... could just... fall asleep...

[ ] Sleep

[ ] Rouse yourself
>> No. 9130
[ ] Arrouse yourself
>> No. 9131
[x] Rouse yourself

Lose consciousness in OUR delightful situation? Never!
>> No. 9132
[O] Arrouse yourself

lol
>> No. 9133
[ ] Arouse yourself
>> No. 9135
[ ] Arouse yourself

Why not? It'll be fun to see how Patch takes this.
>> No. 9136
[x] Rouse yourself
>> No. 9137
[x] Rouse yourself

The write-in is bad.
>> No. 9138
[X] Rouse yourself
>> No. 9139
[x] Rouse yourself
>> No. 9141
{X} Rouse yourself

roouuuseee
>> No. 9142
[X] Rouse yourself
>> No. 9143
[x] Rouse yourself
>> No. 9144
In b4 our lack of sleep is taken into consideration.
>> No. 9145
>>9144
I think after a certain point people who wanted to vote otherwise just give up due to slowpokin'.

[X] Sleep.
>> No. 9146
[X] Sleep
Falling asleep next to Komachi will be pretty good.
>> No. 9147
[X] Sleep
>> No. 9148
[x] Sleep
>> No. 9149
[ ] Arouse yourself
>> No. 9150
[x] Fall into the Sanzu Riv-.....er I mean "Sleep"
>> No. 9151
[X] Sleep

Timeskip gets the plot to advance in this case. I want some conflict damnit! And think of what Shiki will do if we sleep during the appointment. Definetly not what she did in the side story.
>> No. 9152
>>9151

Think of what she would do If we missed the appointment because we overslept with Komachi.


That said
[X] Sleep
>> No. 9153
[X] Arouse yourself

Too late, but yeah.
>> No. 9154
[X] Arouse yourself

I wish that this had won.
>> No. 9155
[x] Sleep

Don't ruin this perfect scene. The longer she lets us sleep, the more it shows she likes us.

Komachi & Hakunonymous' interactions are simply fluid. No friction. No awkwardness. No stifling inhibitions. They talk like they've known each other their entire lives, but enjoy each other's presence best silently. And it's not even clear they want to fuck.

Our heart may belong to Yuyu, and our body scattered by Touhoes to the four winds, but our soul only finds reflection in Komachi. A kindred spirit.

Come on, say it, "kindred spirit". Feels good, man.
>> No. 9157
[x] Sleep
>> No. 9158
[x] Sleep
>> No. 9160
[x] Sleep
>> No. 9161
[x] Rouse yourself
Sleep is boring, and God knows what we'll dream about.
>> No. 9162
[X] Sleep
>> No. 9164
[x] Sleep
That or:
[X] Arouse yourself.
>> No. 9165
[x] Sleep

Komachi restan gaens
>> No. 9166
File 121791680958.png - (82.31KB , 408x194 , komachi099.png ) [iqdb]
9166
I'm going to call it for [X] Sleep, and go sleep myself. I've already written part of the next post, so I'll finish it up in the morning and update bright and early. See you all in a few hours.
>> No. 9167
>>9166
hooray.jpg
>> No. 9174
File 121795804668.png - (15.19KB , 300x300 , komachi057.png ) [iqdb]
9174
This took longer than expected. Here you all are...

***

[X] Sleep

***

Pleasant.

Your vision fuzzes further and your eyes flutter closed, leaving you to snuggle closer to Komachi for warmth and reassurance. The sound of her intoning some quiet words comes to your ears, and though you can no longer piece together the meaning, the soft drawl of her voice washes the last of your tension and wakefulness from you.

"Machi..."

You drift into a peaceful sleep.
>> No. 9175
---

A dream of drifting down a lazy river, the warm water all around you as you float on your back. A small pod of lanterns drifts alongside you, their yellow glow illuminating the swirling mists that fill the air and hide the pale sky from view. Everything is silent and still.

A barely audible melody breaks the unnatural silence, echoing through off the riverbank and distorted by the thick mist. The tune is eerie, but you find it comforting all the same.

You continue to float in peace.

---

The sound of a gentle strain of music reaches your ears and draws you back to the land of the waking. Your eyes ease open, and you're greeted by the sight of Komachi, face turned towards the heavens. The sky is cast in a brilliant gold, every drifting cloud melting together into a rough-hewn glittering panorama. The light spills down around Komachi and reflects off of her, lending her pale skin a soft glow, and highlighting each of her beautiful features with a radiant shine. Wreathed in the golden light, her eyes shut, she projects an almost divine aura of peace and tranquility. She looks nothing short of breathtaking.

"Beautiful."

The word rolls off your tongue unbidden.

"Ain't it just?"

Komachi opens her eyes and watches the sky with a smile. Seems that she misinterpreted that remark. It's just as well.

She seems to have shifted you around in your sleep. You're now laying with your back mostly against her lap, her left arm supporting you. Your legs dangle off the side of the boat, a tingling sensation creeping along them, as though they were going pleasantly numb. You've still got Komachi in a very loose embrace, which you tighten as you snuggle up to her.

"Finally up, kid?"

Komachi looks down with a gentle smile, and runs a hand through your hair lightly. You squirm a little under her touch. Feels good.

"Yeah. I'm up."

"That's good."

She bends down and rests her head against yours. This close, you notice that she has very nice fragrance about her, a subtle mixture of the freshwater scent of the river and the faint aroma of the Lycoris flowers that line the banks. It's very... fresh. Strange to think that a death god would smell so fresh and lively, but it's nice.

"How long was I out?"

"About half an hour."

"No thought to wake me?"

"You've got a cute sleeping face."

Her hushed teasing brings a smile to your face. You shudder a bit as her hand comes down and strokes your face tenderly.

"How long can Siki wait?"

"Not very." Komachi laughs a bit. "We should get going. Her punishments are harsh."

"Don't want to go." You whine jokingly. Komachi smiles.

"Me neither, but I don't fancy another bare-bottom spanking from her."

"Siki hands out bare-bottom spankings?" An image floats through your mind of being bent over one of those sexy legs of hers, her elegant hand coming down in a harsh blow against your rear. "That sounds more like a reward than a punishment."

Komachi arches an eyebrow and smiles.

"Oh? How very naughty of you. That's exactly the sort of statement that would warrant a punishment from her. Of course, maybe if I think of it that way the next time she punishes me..."

A thoughtful look graces her features, and she licks her lips. The next image to come to mind is Komachi bent over one Siki's sexy legs, her dress pooled at her feet as Siki's hand comes down against her smooth behind repeatedly, each strike causing a trickle of fluid to drip from Komachi's wet...

Okay, well, you're definitely not going to fall asleep again any time soon. Let's just set that train of thought aside for later...

"Alright," you sigh, "let's go then."

Komachi nods and sits up, letting you do the same. Stretching a bit as you straighten up, you look off the side of the boat to see that your legs aren't simply hanging into the water, but rather have desoldified. Your long black skirt has become tattered at the base, and wisps of eerie blue smoke and fire whip out of it. Must be why your legs were tingling - they're more like a ghostly tail now underneath your clothes. Well, you definitely look more the part of a spirit like this. If you can do this asleep, it'll be easy enough to fix later.

You float into the air a bit, and find flight to come more easily to you - must be something about not having legs that just makes it easier. Komachi climbs out of the boat and onto the shore, and motions for you to come over.

"We really don't have much time, so grab onto me, alright? I'm going to use a little trick to get us there faster."

Seeing no reason to complain, you float over and wrap your arms around her from behind. It's not the same as it was in the boat, but holding onto her is still nice. She seems to relax a little as you embrace her, so maybe she likes it too.

"Brace yourself, kid, this can be a little strange for people."

You steel yourself, and Komachi takes a step... and now you're on the outskirts of a large city constructed in traditional Japanese style. You glance backwards to see a large stretch of field occupied mostly by spider lilies, and the river in the far distance. You face forward again and prepare to ask Komachi what she did, when she takes another step. As her leg moves, the world around you seems to... compress, if you had to put a word to it. It's as though all the buildings suddenly crammed together, and were smashed into a single thin board. When Komachi's foot hits the ground, everything returns to normal, save for the fact that you now seem to be in the downtown district of the city.

The process repeats itself twice more without leaving you a chance to look around, and you find yourself now in front of a particularly large building, with a sign outside notifying you to the fact that this is a courthouse. This must be where Siki works.

"You alright, kid?"

Komachi looks over her shoulder at you, and you nod.

"What was that, though?"

"Manipulation of distance. It's a skill of mine. Makes dealing with the Sanzu a bit easier."

Manipulation of distance? That explains why there was no sense of speed, despite the distance you traversed in such a short time. You recall Youmu covering enormous amounts of ground while gardening, maybe she... no, there was definitely speed there, what with the huge bursts of wind that accompanied her movements. This must just be a skill Komachi has.

"I wanted to show you around town, but we don't have the time for that right now. Maybe after your meeting."

That does sound fun. You find yourself wondering where Komachi would normally spend her time. Either way, no time for that now, and the two of you set off into the courthouse. Navigation proves surprisingly easy - though there are several branches off the initial hallway, you simply proceed straight forward until you come to the buildings main court room. The room is set up in a decidedly western arrangement, with a stand for a judge and witness in the rear, special seats for the jury off to one side, and several rows of seating on either side of you as you enter. You're not sure exactly how trials here work, or even if they need all of this, but... well, there are probably standards to keep to, or something.

"So, where's Siki?"

"She's got an office off in the back. I'll show you."
>> No. 9176
Komachi takes you past the judge's podium to a small door set in the wall, she swings it open to reveal... a very stark and spartan office. Directly across from you, seated at a hardwood desk that looks far too small for the - admittedly very organized - volume of paperwork that is set on it, is Sikieiki. She sits perfectly straight, her posture impeccable, her uniform gleaming and without wrinkle. Hands folded in front of her, that large stick of hers set to one side, her emerald gaze is locked on you and Komachi with a frightening intensity.

"The two of you," she intones emotionlessly, "are exactly on time. Noon. On the dot."

The firm tone of her voice and her unwavering gaze put you on edge. She seems to be an entirely different person than she was at the party - you can't see any of the weariness that permeated her then, only a cold, untouchable air of professionalism that feels almost mechanical. She's elegant, and coldness suits her beauty well, but this is too much... you'd much rather deal with the tired woman you met before than this ice queen.

"How perfectly punctual of you. You deserve some measure of respect for arriving on time, in spite of Komachi." A small amount of approval creeps into her voice, so distant it sounds almost grudging. You're starting to get uneasy about this. "Come in, and we can begin our discussion. Komachi may wait for you outside."

You let go of Komachi uneasily, feeling somewhat intimidated by this. Even Komachi seems put off by her boss's attitude.

[ ] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.

[ ] Try and back out of this. It's just a little...

[ ] Ask Komachi for a good luck kiss.
>> No. 9177
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9178
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9179
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9180
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9181
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9182
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.

We'd be lucky if we got off with just a spanking. Best not to push things just yet.
>> No. 9183
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9184
{X} Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
{X} Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9185
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9186
[x] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[x] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9187
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9188
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.

Yama irritatan gaems START
>> No. 9189
[+] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
I don't like the write-in very much this time.
>> No. 9190
>>9188
We're completely serious. She seems tense.
>> No. 9191
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9192
File 121796916569.jpg - (42.85KB , 400x400 , 1206509172314.jpg ) [iqdb]
9192
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.

YAMADA/
>> No. 9193
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9194
[X] "Were you masturbaing before I arrived and now you're covering for it by acting like a robot?"
>> No. 9195
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9196
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9197
File 121798915690.jpg - (331.72KB , 1152x1246 , 1215508540571.jpg ) [iqdb]
9197
>>9194
?
>> No. 9198
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.

TIME TO WALK THE FIELD OF LANDMINES
>> No. 9199
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9200
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.

ITT: Siki sends us to hell if you know what I mean.
>> No. 9201
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.
>> No. 9202
[!] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9204
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
It's clearly time to serious the fuck up, at least for a little while.
We can offer massages later. Offering one now just makes it look like ass-kissing at best, and bribery at worst.

Besides, Yamada would more appreciate a "work now, play later" attitude.
>> No. 9205
[+] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9206
>>9204

This.

[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9207
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9208
[x] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9209
[x] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.

No rush. There will be a right time for another massage.
>> No. 9210
[x] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
You know how people say HLA is H LA?

Yeah, this is one of the times where it's H LA. Enough dicking around with that write-in. This is not the time for it.
>> No. 9211
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
[X] Once Komachi is out of sight/hearing range, ask if Siki would like that second massage now, or later.

This isn't just a joke, people. We have to lighten the mood now, because when she starts talking we won't get a word in edgewise.
>> No. 9213
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.

I can only see things going worse if the write-in is a go. Massage goes after work.
>> No. 9214
[x] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9216
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.

Serious Siki is moe~
>> No. 9219
Needs moar updates.
>> No. 9220
>>9219
>>Needs moar updates.
>>Patchwork!!DkZ2EyAJHl

wat wat
>> No. 9221
>>9219

Calm down boy, it's only been one day. /border/ regular update time is usually from 2 to 4 days.
>> No. 9222
>>9220

You lost me.
>> No. 9223
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9224
[x] Enter her without fuss.
>> No. 9225
[X] Enter fuss without her
>> No. 9226
[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.
>> No. 9228
[X] Update the fucking CYOA.
>> No. 9229
[x] Why am I so fish like in appearance?
>> No. 9230
File 121816349396.jpg - (182.69KB , 500x500 , siki069.jpg ) [iqdb]
9230
Update ready, and...

***

[X] Enter without fuss. Siki was nice at the party, but you don't want to cross her when she's like this.

***

You're certainly not eager to do this, but you might as well get it out of the way.

"Alright."

You release your hold on Komachi and float into Siki's office cautiously. Komachi reaches up and gives your shoulder a reassuring squeeze as you pass, then shuts the door behind you. That leaves you alone with the frighteningly intense presence of Siki.

"Sit."

Siki gestures at an unadorned wooden chair set opposite her at the desk, and the flatness of her otherwise pretty voice makes you doubt that this is merely a suggestion. Nervously making your way over to the seat provided for you, you take a brief look around the room and realize how sparse it is. Aside from her desk and chair, the only notable objects are the filing cabinets that line the wall behind her, and the bookshelf full of what looks like reference material that occupies one corner of the room. Decoration is almost non-existent, limited to a clock above the filing cabinets, something small and framed that sits on her desk facing away from you, and, on one wall, a pair of framed news articles that each bear a photo of her. Worst of all, the solid wood walls have been painted a nauseatingly bland shade of beige.

As you gingerly take a seat across from her, Siki clears her throat.

"We'll skip the formalities. The first order of business will be the current state of affairs in regard to your situation."

You nod.

"We have started an investigation into the circumstances of your death, and the state of your soul thereafter. The information to date is as follows:

Some time in the past eight days, precise time unknown, an out of control vehicle collided with you as you crossed the street. Due to a combination of factors, your death was almost immediate."

The complete lack of emotion as she reads the cause of your death to you is a little unnerving.

"For reasons unknown, the branch office of Higan responsible for the administration of your district experienced a loss of time for a period of roughly ten to twelve days, during which it was incapable of processing the souls of the departed; we were unable to contact the branch during this period. Your death falls within this time frame. The branch resumed operations five days ago, and was provided external assistance so as to resolve the large backlog of work created by the anomaly. All the unprocessed souls were located and dealt with, save for one: yours. Examination of the work log reveals that the event of your death was registered, but no spirit or soul that matched yours was found.

While several parties were organized to search for the missing death, no progress was made in locating you. It is clear now that, while our branch office was incapacitated, you drifted through a hole in the Hakurei Border, resulting in your arrival in Gensokyo.

Death God First Class, Komachi Onozuka, unaware of the issue, discovered you in spiritual stasis on the banks of the Sanzu River. At her own discretion, she attempted to ferry you across the river immediately upon discovering you. A search of your person revealed no spiritual wealth to speak of, and procedure would normally dictate the disposal of your soul. Another anomaly occurred, however, and the Sanzu River failed to register your presence, and thus failed to react to you in such a way as to necessitate your disposal. Upon your arrival in Higan, Komachi brought your circumstance to attention, and through some work the administration uncovered the fact that you were our branch office's missing soul. However, a new complication arose.

Please take a look at this."

Siki withdraws what appears to be a handmirror from her uniform. She faces the mirror towards you, and you lean in to see... nothing. The polished surface of the mirror reflects only the room, and not you. Something about that is vaguely disturbing.

"That's odd."

"Do you know what this is?" Siki asks you expectantly.

"No."

"This is a Cleansed Crystal Mirror, a tool used by judges to assist in the judgment of souls. It allows us to view the record of your actions, your soul. In addition, if we are unable to arrive at a verdict, the mirror will evaluate your actions in accordance with an impartial and strict set of rules, then provide us with a verdict on the grounds of absolute good and evil. While the secondary function rarely sees use, the mirrors are extremely helpful in allowing us to see your soul. Like the Sanzu River, the Cleansed Crystal Mirrors are incapable of registering your existence. This has alerted us to a large problem:

We cannot find your soul."

Wait, what?

"You can't find my soul?" You ask incredulously.

"Indeed. We cannot find your soul, and as a consequence none of the tools we use to observe your record will work, and, in fact, you do not have any records to speak of. So far as the world is concerned, it is as though you had never been born. This being the case, any judgment of you is impossible to accomplish on fair grounds.

Unable to judge you, we were uncertain of what to do with you. Higan is far too busy and far too dangerous to simply store a spirit in stasis in. Given the circumstances, we had little recourse but to send you to Hakugyokuro, where Yuyuko received you graciously. That brings us to the current situation."

You nod and lean back in your chair, your head spinning as you try to make sense of the situation. Your voice weak and shaky, you inquire of her a simple question.

"So, what now?"

"That is why you are here today. We would like any assistance you can provide us. Be it some idea of where your soul may be located should you have that knowledge, or actively searching for it if you do not. We would very much like to process your judgment as quickly as possible."

Oh, wow. You may be in over your head here.

[ ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.

[ ] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9231
WALL

[ ] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9232
[ ] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9233
[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.

At least it wouldn't bite us in the ass potentially later, unlike the other choice.
>> No. 9234
[x] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...

"IT'S JUDGEMENT TIME"
"NO SIKI NO"
>> No. 9235
[x] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9236
>>9233

THIS.

[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9237
Bringing a new meaning to "soul searching".

{X} Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9238
[~] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9239
[ ] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9240
File 121816531892.jpg - (244.84KB , 1050x1500 , 0ae4535efef401c6e4e785b8112f111c.jpg ) [iqdb]
9240
[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.

Idiots, Yuyuko can OVERRIDE the decision or use Youmu. God damn.
>> No. 9241
[+] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9242
>>9240
It's the thought that matters.
>> No. 9243
>>9242
Precisely. Siki will probably press further either way.
>> No. 9244
[X] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9245
[X] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9246
File 121816563492.jpg - (98.83KB , 650x605 , fc6fae81cce6db8afb4468f2cafdd0b9.jpg ) [iqdb]
9246
>>9243

Still comes down to having to deal with the problem, either way.

[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9247
>>9246
Yeah, but that guy said "it's the thought that matters". I think it's nice if we at least think of honouring our promise, even if we have to help Higan in the end.
>> No. 9248
File 121816606610.gif - (14.79KB , 300x300 , d787b18d9f97d71037a3fed4bfa6421f.gif ) [iqdb]
9248
>>9247
>>9246
>>9240
>>9242

Valid points. But I have to agree with helpan' as all we been doing is carefree-esk actions.

[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9249
[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9250
[ze] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9251
[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9252
{X} Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9253
[x] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer as long as they don't tak eyou away from Yuyuko.
>> No. 9254
[ x ] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer. Mention that you're happy here and offer the back rub, possibly as a bribe.
>> No. 9255
>We cannot find your soul.
Haha, wow. That's pretty awesome.

[x] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
Judgment? Do not want!
>> No. 9256
[x]Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9257
[x] Agree to help, but be sure to mention that you promised Yuyuko you would return. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9258
[x] Agree to help. Make some suggestions and listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9259
[x] Agree to help, but be sure to mention that you promised Yuyuko you would return. Suggest that you're fine with staying here semi-permanently. Listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9260
[x] Agree to help, but be sure to mention that you promised Yuyuko you would return. Suggest that you're fine with staying here semi-permanently. Listen to any proposals Higan might offer.

I like this one.
>> No. 9261
[x] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9262
[x] Agree to help, but be sure to mention that you promised Yuyuko you would return. Suggest that you're fine with staying here semi-permanently. Listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9265
>>9240
>>Idiots, Yuyuko can OVERRIDE the decision or use Youmu. God damn.
What. Yuyuko was APPOINTED by the Yama to manage the souls of the dead (learn to PMiSS more), and was 'permitted' to live in the Netherworld as a reward. I doubt she has the means or the authority to override Higan's decision. Besides, even if we did go rogue, having a pissed off Sikieiki/ the Gensokyo branch of Higan on our asses for the rest of eternity doesn't make for an easy afterlife.
>> No. 9266
[-] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...
>> No. 9267
[X] Agree to help, but be sure to mention that you promised Yuyuko you would return. Suggest that you're fine with staying here semi-permanently. Listen to any proposals Higan might offer.
>> No. 9268
Well, I'm going to go ahead and call this. Writing will begin shortly. That said, expect some delay before the next update, both because I take some time to write, and because I'm on my dad's trash-heap of a computer, which may or may not cooperate with me on this.
>> No. 9269
>>9268

Writefags and shitty computers sure go along well with each other. in before anon and despair.
>> No. 9270
I don't see any justifiable reason to force our processing; unlike Yuyuko, we're not bound to our corpse, so eventually we should be able to achieve enlightenment spontaneously. We don't need judgment or reincarnation for that.
>> No. 9271
File 121825796559.jpg - (60.18KB , 445x1000 , siki081.jpg ) [iqdb]
9271
And the next big event is confirmed for you all.

***

[X] Try to dissuade her. Higan wants to judge you, but... you like it here. Besides, you promised Yuyuko that you wouldn't leave her, and judgment might interfere with that...

***

You take a deep breath and steel yourself. You doubt that she's going to respond well to what you're about to say, but it has to be done.

"Siki."

She stares expectantly at you.

"I don't think I can help Higan."

"We are not asking you to provide us with your soul immediately. If you do not know where your soul is located, we would merely ask that you search with us."

The response is lightning fast, emotionless and practiced. You sigh deeply; this isn't going to be easy.

"That's not what concerns me. I honestly don't think that I can help Higan."

An uncomfortable silence falls over the room, and you fidget a little. Siki's gaze hardens as she leans forward in her seat, her hands clasped before her. When she speaks, her voice is dry and sharp.

"Explain."

"Alright, here it goes... I have no incentive to assist the court, and every reason not to. To start with, I... promised Yuyuko that I wouldn't leave her, even if the problem with judging me was resolved."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep."

Siki's flat response sends a pang of irritation through you.

"I don't intend to break that promise. She's been wonderful to me, and I have to confess that I do enjoy spending time with her. More than that, she... well, I don't want to speak for her, so I'll just say that I think I'm in a unique position to help her. If I'm right, if I'm the only person who can help her like this, then I won't abandon her. I won't do anything that jeopardizes my ability to stay with her, either."

Siki remains silent, her expression unreadable.

"Aside from that, I like it here. Selfish as it is, I can't bring myself to want to leave. I've had fun these past few days, and I've made friends. Youmu and Yuyuko, the Yakumo family, the Prismrivers, even Komachi and... well, you. I like these people, and I'd like to be able to get to know them even better than I do now. I want a li-- no, I want an afterlife, and all the freedoms that entails."

"What about those who mourn your passing in the Outside World?" Siki's counter is swift.

What about them? It might just be because you've died yourself, but...

"I'm dead." To your surprise, your voice hardens to a tone that matches hers. "From the moment humans are born, we spend our lives dieing. It's inescapable, with or without a court out here to keep track of it. My time came up and I died, and they'll have to cope. I could haunt them, but what would that accomplish beyond burdening them? More than that, what will reincarnation mean to them? Even if I am reincarnated, I won't return as anything they can recognize, and I certainly won't remember them. As far as they're concerned, I'm gone and I'm not coming back."

Siki blinks as if she were surprised, though her face quickly regains its neutral expression. You're a bit taken aback yourself. You're not sure where that came from, but... it's true isn't it? Reincarnation won't bring you back to those people, and in a stricter sense it won't be you that comes back. That opens up a whole other can of philosophical worms, though, and...

No. Save that for later.

"Then, what will you do about your soul?"

Siki's piercing gaze bears down on you.

"Nothing."

Siki continues to stare at you, as though she expects more than that.

"I don't seem to need it. I've gotten on just fine without it so far, haven't I?"

"You don't seem to understand the importance of the soul. Without it, a mere spirit like you is..." She trails off, staring off into space. Shutting her eyes, she sits straight once again. "This discussion is over."

Her declaration catches you off guard.

"Pardon?"

"This discussion is over."

A swell of anger bubbles up inside your chest.

"Why?" You spit the words out with an almost acid tongue.

"Because now I won't have to speak for the court."

Siki sighs and slumps in her chair, her tension dissipating. Her eyes ease open, the emerald pools no longer frigid as ice, but warm and weary. That aura of weariness that she projected at the party returns in full force. She smiles a tired smile at you.

"Siki?"

She gives you a slow nod in response.

"I'm sorry." Her voice is tender and compassionate, a stark departure from the hard tone she's been using. "I've cut our meeting short. It may seem unprofessional, but I..." She trails off and removes the ornate hat from her head, setting the headpiece on her desk, atop the golden stick.

"It's fine..." You find yourself a little stunned by the complete change in her attitude.

"Please listen carefully to me," she stands from her seat and walks around the desk to kneel on the ground in front of you, "this is something that I very much want to say."

"Alright."

"There are many different views on the importance of the soul." She reaches up and clasps your hand in both of hers, leaning her head forward to rest against them. "Higan is set in its ways as a bureaucracy, and has taken one view. I won't say that they're right. I won't say that they're wrong. For now, it is enough for you to know that Higan is determined to process your soul, and that it is considered to be of the utmost priority. Some other time, perhaps when I am not so weary as this, I will explain that view to you. Until then, might I suggest consulting with some others on their view? Komachi, even your hostess - gather view points from many people, and try to think about them. You are in an interesting position as a spirit without a soul, and you may have insights that others do not."

"More importantly, I want you to know, no matter what anyone else may say," she raises her head and looks you in the eye, "the desire to be free to make your own choices, the desire to help someone, even if it troubles you or draws the ire of others - that is good behavior. I can divide someone's deeds into black and white, and as such I am the one who knows most that it is not always the answer, no matter how much easier it would be."

Her gentle lecture, and the sincerity in her words causes a stirring in your chest. If Komachi reminded you of an older sister, then Siki evokes the image of a caring mother.

"Consider yourself, consider those around you, and consider the connections between you all. This is the good deed you can do right now."

Siki stands, still smiling at you. She seems much more relaxed now, as though a weight has been taken off her shoulders.

[ ] Excuse yourself. Let Siki have some peace. She must feel drained after all this.

[ ] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
>> No. 9273
[x] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little. Mention the back massage you promised her.
>> No. 9274
[X] Excuse yourself. Let Siki have some peace. She must feel drained after all this.
>> No. 9275
[x] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[x] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9276
[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
>> No. 9277
[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
>> No. 9278
[x] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[x] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9279
[x] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.

I love this story. It's the perfect antidote to DESPAIR.
>> No. 9280
[x] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
>> No. 9281
[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[X] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9282
{X} Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
{X} Mention the massage.
>> No. 9283
[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[X] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9284
>>9279

Exactly why it needs no plot. That would just ruin it.
>> No. 9285
File 121829478216.jpg - (161.50KB , 600x876 , 4821cfb6bc6e0da81ad8e6c43d048217.jpg ) [iqdb]
9285
Siki~

[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[X] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9286
[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
>> No. 9287
>>9285
Shiki.

damnit
>> No. 9288
[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
>> No. 9289
[X] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[X] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9290
>>9287

Name:
四季映姫・ヤマザナドゥ(しきえいき・ヤマザナドゥ)
Sikieiki Yamaxanadu

Alternate spellings:
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu

so you are both right.
>> No. 9291
File 121830469325.jpg - (19.43KB , 250x250 , 1216485959759.jpg ) [iqdb]
9291
>>9290

I like both. in after
>> No. 9292
[☁] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[☁] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9293
File 121830934910.jpg - (50.61KB , 400x299 , Shikieiki Hijack - repent ur faggotry.jpg ) [iqdb]
9293
>>9290
No. Siki is "Seeky." Shiki is "She-key."

Now you go find me a Japanese person that actually pronounces it the first way, and I'll find you someone you bribed.

The only time it should be the first way is to describe the time she became a futa and fucked any warm body she saw, after which she was known as a Heat Siki-ng Missile.

Or to talk about how awesome she is, by saying FUCK YEAH, SIKING!
>> No. 9294
[†] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[†] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9295
[♨] Ask to stay with her for awhile. She doesn't seem to enjoy all of her work. Maybe you can help her relax a little.
[♨] Mention the massage.
>> No. 9297
>>9287 >>9293
Why do you chose now to complain? It's not like anyone has EVER spelled it with a 'h'.
>> No. 9298
>>9293
First, you find me a Japanese person who can tell (and pronounce) the difference between them.
>> No. 9300
>>9297
I have.

>>9298
I do. It comes with studying multiple languages.
>> No. 9302
>>9297
Mmmm, isolation.
>> No. 9303
>>9302
?
>> No. 9304
It is true that there is no "si" {'sea'} in the japanese alphabet, but a "shi" {'she'}. So it would be pronounced Shiki. However, no one cares.

I usually just type Siki due to force of habit from when I started Touhou since I'm a Type Moon fag, and there are already enough Shiki's in that.
>> No. 9305
>>9304

This is why it's easier to avoid the confusion altogether and just call her the Yama.
>> No. 9306
File 121839724371.png - (28.84KB , 713x689 , 1207088668622.png ) [iqdb]
9306
>This is why it's easier to avoid the confusion altogether and just call her YAMADA!/.

Fix'd that for you.
>> No. 9311
Patchwork, next post in a new thread please.
>> No. 9321
>>9306
She's not my mada.
>> No. 9337
updates?
>> No. 9338
File 121848569647.png - (94.31KB , 350x352 , a forlorn insect 9.png ) [iqdb]
9338
WE WAITED FOR YOU, PATCHWORK.
>> No. 9339
File 121848586099.png - (94.30KB , 350x352 , a forlorn insect 10.png ) [iqdb]
9339
WRIGGLE WAITED FOR YOU, TOO. ALTHOUGH ITS KINDA QUESTIONABLE SINCE I'M NOT WRIGGLE, BUT I'M POSTING THIS.
>> No. 9347
File 121852092386.png - (52.80KB , 353x324 , An insect about to cry.png ) [iqdb]
9347
Wriggle looks like she's gonna cry.

If Patchwork posts she'll be able to hold it in.
>> No. 9348
File 121852615360.png - (103.86KB , 591x513 , unreliablepatchy.png ) [iqdb]
9348
Buh.

Updates tomorrow, promise. Also, good news, my summer classes end this week. So, come Monday next week, I'll start updating faster. I encourage you to rage at me should I not post faster updates at that time.
>> No. 9350
File 121852664426.jpg - (52.41KB , 363x375 , 1216137686154.jpg ) [iqdb]
9350
Yukari is molesting Wriggle because she's bored because Patchwork doesn't update faster, that nigger.

>>9348
We don't pay you to take summer classes, boy.
>> No. 9351
>>9350
>We don't pay you to take summer classes, boy.

No, you don't, and I'm a broke son of a bitch, so I can't waste the money I spent on those courses.

More importantly, Yukari molesting Wriggle is kind of hot.

Updates coming in new thread.
>> No. 9421
>Yukari molesting anyone is kind of hot.
Fixed for truth.