[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121659488366.jpg - (167.42KB , 536x489 , 1214937186027ge7lx6.jpg ) [iqdb]
8467 No. 8467
Writing is very hard when you don't got the inspiration for it. My mind hasjust been drudging along lately and instead of posting lots of crappy updates, I thought it wouldn't be nearly as insulting if I just waited until I felt a little better for it.

I'm gonna become like Tetro at this rate...

[x] Take this time to apologize to Reisen about earlier this morning
[x] Ask Reisen if it's rabbit season yet; ask her for some other form of sustenance if she says no.
[x] Go to Eirin's clinic with Reisen

You sigh lightly, it's probably best to start on some things you should get over with now. You look at Reisen, stating your next feelings with an apologetic tone.

"Reisen, I uhh...I wanted to say I'm sorry about what happened earlier this morning, when I woke up. I...didn't mean to grab you like that." You look away a bit, holding one of your arms. You definitely feel more then guilty enough about it.
"Oh! D-D-Don't worry about it, Sousha! It's alright, it was my fault really for being so rude and trying to wake you like that..." She looks down with a bit of a sad look on her face. "It's just, I heard you calling out and I came into your room to see if you were alright, and you seemed to be struggling...a lot..." You think about it for a moment. It must've been a dream. Or, more fittingly, a nightmare. You hope you don't have to get anymore like that.
"Ah, well, don't worry about it! It's in the past now right? Let's just forget it." You attempt to smile at her, in order to bring up the mood. The young bunny girl looks up at you and seems to smile herself, holding back a giggle. You can't help but feel like you look silly right now.
"Alright, Sousha. Thanks for cheering me up anyhow." You smile a bit, scratching your head in that oh so modest pose you've gotten used to, until you remember something.
"Oh, that's right. When is breakfast around here anyway? I'm starving...something to eat would be wonderful right now..." You look down and hold your stomach gently. You can feel it about to rage at you at any moment. Reisen smiles at you.
"Well, I can go ahead and cook something up for you really quick if you want."
"Really? That would be great! Ah...what about Eirin's though?" Reisen blinks, looking at you. She didn't seem to be expecting that to be brought up for whatever reason.
"Huh? What about her?"
"Well, I'm supposed to meet her at the clinic, and I thought it would be nice if you came..." Reisen looks at you while crossing her arms. Despite being shorter then you, she gives you that feeling you're being looked down upon.
"Well I can't be in two places at once Sousha, and neither can you. You need to decide." You fumble around a bit at this notion, sounds like your lack of prioritizing got the best of you once more.
"I, uh, well, um..." Reisen justs sighs and looks at you rather disappointed now.
"Despite only knowing you for a day, your impatience already shows through like a burnt tree in a bamboo forest. Oh well, come by the kitchen if you make up your mind and want breakfast, I suppose I'll get breakfast for everyone else ready first..." She then turns and walks off, into the mansion.

Man, that was quite a spectacular fail you had there. Judging from her look and tone of voice, it hits you that she might've had plans to just have breakfast with you or something. Especially since it seemed like she intended for you to be there in the kitchen or at least in the dining room with her. Oh well, too late now. You need to decide where to go next with this. Staying outside in the entrance in your current state is probably not a good idea. Pajamas and all. It stands to reason that maybe you should get your clothes before seeing Eirin for this business now. Seeing as how they seem to be rather ragged up from that rough experience now. You sigh and try and straighten the clothes out a bit as you walk inside. Maybe next time you'll learn to prioritize better.

[ ] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
[ ] Go for Reisen's room and search for your clothes, it's too drafty
[ ] Just go straight to Eirin's clinic and get this over with
[ ] Walk into your room for DESPAIR

------------

Sorry for the weak update. For the record, showing, not telling takes up a bit more energy that I need so don't be suprised if I let it slip once or twice in the next few updates. (I still don't understand why it's so horribly bad to where you can't have ANY of it in a story)

>> No. 8468
[ ] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
>> No. 8470
[ ] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
>> No. 8471
[ ] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
>> No. 8473
[ ] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room for some rabbits
[ ] Then go straight to Eirin's clinic and get this over with
>> No. 8474
[x] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room

Don't want to flip-out during the test due to hunger.
>> No. 8475
...I thought the vote was to go to the clinic AFTER breakfast. What the hell. Do we have to clarify that we aren't voting for impossible things?
>> No. 8478
>>8475

Yeah, it's kind of an shit thing to punish the player for the writer's lack of imagination.
>> No. 8479
[x] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
>> No. 8495
[ ] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
>> No. 8501
[x] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
>> No. 8505
[ ] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room for some Tewi

Hate Tewi.
>> No. 8509
[x] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
>> No. 8521
[x] Goofy time; head into the kitchen/dining room

NO DADDY NO
>> No. 8575
[x] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
[x] Apologize to Reisen for being unclear; you were planning to go to the clinic after breakfast, will she be available then?
>> No. 8907
[x] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room
[x] Apologize to Reisen for being unclear; you were planning to go to the clinic after breakfast, will she be available then?
>> No. 8975
Guess who

Yeah it's been ages since I last wrote. After >>8478 's comment I kinda thought "Damn he's right" and appropriately dropped writing.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one to let my feelings be swayed by a single person, but he is correct; my inspiration lately has practically hit rock bottom, due to lots of real life problems which only helped feed my addiction of certain things. (Feel free to conspire about what that means!)

I thought, instead of torturing both myself and all of you with my lousy writing, I'd try and wait this out. Everytime I come up with a massive writer's block, I always waited it out; unfortunately that usually took weeks upon weeks so who knows when I'll continue this again.

The other thing that bothers me of course, is the extreme hatred of Teruyo's writing style outside of /eientei/ which is where I picked up most of my habits. (Yes, I saw the pic for anyone who's wondering) I've noticed that once I broke from said habits, the writing I always did seemed very tired, bland and generally very boring. The last couple posts I made I rewrote at least three times because I was unsatisfied with it. Still am.

But ah, listen to me ramble! I should get going and maybe get done with playing a few games I've been putting off so that maybe I can manage some of my inspiration again. Until then, consider this story on hiatus.
>> No. 8977
>>8975
fuuuuuuck i thought this was an update

hurry back
>> No. 9032
I don't see why people hat e Teruyo's writing style. Sure, I hate LAE, but not because of the phrasing he uses. It has more to do with ADD (mostly anon's fault), and the fact that we are now into the third week without entering any actual route. And the whole alice/aya routes in a supposedly eientei based LA. And the whole hotglue thing.

Sousha is a much better protaganist then Shirou. I'm still waiting to meet Ran/Chen and grow our dog ears/tail. Don't dissapoint me.
>> No. 9033
>>8975
Like i said, just write how you are familiar with.
If you change your style, nothing good will come out of it.
So go back to writing like Teruyo, people liked it, and people still like it.
If no one would have liked it, it wouldnt have been such a success.
You can't please everyone, just take YAF, he is the most hated here. But he doesn't care and just writes however he sees it.

>>9032
What the man said.
>> No. 9034
I like this more than the other two miserable excuses for CYOA here. Not only is the protagonist better, but everything else is better too.
>> No. 9035
>>9034
Almost seems like an actual comment because you didn't sage. Clever.
8/10
>> No. 9040
>>9035

I was being serious.
>> No. 9041
>>9040
You're keeping to your cover. I admire that.
9/10

Hey, you're that one guy that says retarded things and pretends to be serious about them, aren't you? Like the one who said "Please don't call me a nigger" and who also insisted on censoring with @#$%! symbols and shit.

How's trolling?
>> No. 9042
>>8975
>I've noticed that once I broke from said habits, the writing I always did seemed very tired, bland and generally very boring.
You don't have to avoid it completely, just tone it down. The redundancy was the real problem, I think. You were over-describing things.
>> No. 9045
File 121743620774.png - (20.90KB , 592x651 , sadsousha.png ) [iqdb]
9045
Poor Sousha.
>> No. 9046
>>9045
Ears and tail! Whoo-hoo!
>> No. 9049
>>9041

Seriously, I'm not a troll. I honestly like this more than AoD and HLA, and more than GLS, for that matter.
>> No. 9050
>>9049
Somehow, I picture someone with horns and fangs saying that. No offense, but you do sound like a troll.
>> No. 9052
>>9032>>9033
>I've noticed that once I broke from said habits, the writing I always did seemed very tired, bland and generally very boring.

But if even the writer noticed his writing is bad, shouldn't he change it?
>> No. 9053
>>9052
What do you mean?'
If you were talking about changing from the Teruyo-style writing, then that was because people kept telling ranting about Teruyo. I don't think the style is bad, personally.
>> No. 9054
>>9053
>I don't think the style is bad, personally.

Yeah well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man.

Obviously enough people think it is that the writer has considered changing it.
>> No. 9056
>>9053
>>I don't think the style is bad, personally.

There are not only a lot of better writing styles on this site, but also a lot of better ways to tell a story. You could see these examples in, say, /others/.
>> No. 9057
File 121748972053.jpg - (17.57KB , 265x191 , 1217364645475.jpg ) [iqdb]
9057
>>9056
>> No. 9059
>>9053

You really didn't understand what I meant?
>> No. 9060
>>9057
Go read RaAN and try saying that again, you ultrafaggot.
>> No. 9061
>>9060
That's one. He said "examples".
>> No. 9062
>>9060

TAiG, LNoG, OWT, RaAN, that horror story, and even TOSotB were/are all better than LAE. In fact, anything's better than LAE.
>> No. 9064
>>9062

Even Sakuya's tripfag story?
>> No. 9066
>ultrafaggot

I find this neologism strangely apropos.
>> No. 9069
>>9064

Better because none of its readers take it seriously.
>> No. 9070
>>9062
>and even TOSotB
I was going to say "Well, I don't know about that..."
And then I thought to myself, "Well, did LAE at least give us mini-Suika sitting on our head and going 'Chut up! Chut up! Chut up!'?"
No, it did not, so TOSotB is indeed better.

>>9064
That's in /sdm/.
>> No. 9071
>>9062
>TAiG
>better than LAE
This either is a 10/10 troll or absolute proof that LAE gets more hate than it deserves.
>> No. 9072
>>9071

Having read both, I'd say they're about equally stupid. TAiG for its utterly redundant original characters and LOL RANDOM tone, and LAE for its tedious prolixity and the asinine leaps of "characterization" that the writer uses to defend hamstringing its voters.
>> No. 9073
Just look at that shitstorm here, take that out someplace else /th/ is the place for trolling and powerlevel discussion, and common faggotry.
>> No. 9076
>>9073

Yeah, there's no room for it in /border/, what with its active writers and all.
>> No. 9078
>>9072

Still, neither one was Gensokyo Supa Quest.
>> No. 9079
>>9078

It did end quite early. But it was awesome at the time, with just WUIG and MiG on /th/ and scorn starting ForestLA, it was like a breeze of fresh air with it's hilarity. Of course, now it's not that great anymore
>> No. 9108
Why are we even talking about LAE in here? Sure, the writing style of this story is similar, and the writer cocksucks Teruyo a lot, but LAE should just stay in /eientei/. If we're talking about anything, it should be what's in /border/.
>> No. 9465
>>8975

How's life now, Sukima?
>> No. 9471
>>9470

I guess it would be kind of easy to miss it since no one really cares about your special brand of cloud seeding. Fight, YAF! For great justice!
>> No. 9580
>>9470
Who let you out of your cage?
GET BACK TO WORK NIGGER
>> No. 11321
File 12232502162.jpg - (113.10KB , 677x900 , 53a294330cf9e30417234692a4fda5fe.jpg ) [iqdb]
11321
[x] Breakfast time; head into the kitchen/dining room

Sighing from your previous defeat, you turn and head for the kitchen anyways. You can feel your stomach growling at you for ignoring it for so long, but it's not like you can help it. You have a mission to accomplish and a lot of stuff has been going through your mind as of recently. Sometimes you feel as if it's too much and you want to collapse, but you need to keep going, and that's exactly what you do; make a bee line for the nearest food source that isn't living. It doesn't take you long, your natural sense of smell leads you straight to the kitchen where food was just recently prepared. No sight of Reisen, but that may be a good thing. You don't exactly feel up to more awkward meetings with her.

You make a note of what's laying around the kitchen and so fourth. You pray the residents don't mind if you fix something up yourself. It seems breakfast for the rest of the mansion was already prepared, so you may as well prepare something for yourself and get on with the day. Taking a slab a meat and cutting thin slices of it proves itself to be intoxicating. You're not sure what kind of meat this is, but your sense sure as hell don't care. You're liable to just wolf the meat down right now as it is, but that's probably rather unhealthy. Instead you just set it aside and think of what to do with them. You know you're feeling canivorous right now, but in what way? Maybe a toasted sandwich would be interesting and quick. You have things to do today, after all.

You gather a couple pieces of bread and sub-conciously put them in the toaster to be, well, toasted. You then grab a frying pan and oil it down as you turn the stove on and start cooking. May as well add some side sausage into the mix as well. In middle of your cooking you realize something. This particular part of Eientei has technology you haven't quite seen in the rest of Gensokyo. That toaster looks like it could've been made no more then a few years ago. You also weren't aware electricity was this easily available here. You could've totally mistaken this place for feudal times japan with how underdeveloped this land was. It gives you a sense of oddness in Eientei now, though at the moment, it's being completely over taken by your intense hunger.

It doesn't take long before you're in a groove of cooking at a great pace. You serve up a napkin just as the toaster pops up your newly toasted bread and quickly lay the pieces out onto the napkin. You then take a spatula and swing it around gracefully before smoothly taking the cooking meat and sliding it onto the bread, and gathering the two cooked pieces of sausage and setting them aisde the nearly done sandwich. With that, you turn the oven off, slap the other slice of toasted bread on and you're done! Could use some condiments but you had to make do with what you had. You take a fork for the sausage and wrap all the manner of foods in the napkin and head out. You feel somewhat accomplished with this meal.

Now that you have a somewhat decent breakfast set up, you go out and sit on the courtyard porch to eat. Looking up at the half cloudy sky makes you feelat ease here, especially with all the surrounding bamboo thickets. It feels very peaceful and the temperature is just right. The lighting is perfect and morning sounds are very serene. What better thing to have a nice breakfast to? You unfold your napkin beside you and decide to start with the sausage. You take the fork and cut up a small part and and begin eating. The food that the Eientei has sure is delicious. After finishing your sausage you sit back and dig into your sandwich, staring up longingly at the sky. You wonder how Yukari's doing, you hardly know her or any of her subordinates. You hope that after these silly missions, you get to know them a bit better. Aftering learning something with Sanae, you think that you don't want to think of yourself as a servant to Yukari, but a friend that serves her. Or wait, that's the same thing, isn't it? Oh well. Maybe you could be friends with her other shikigami anyway.

After finishing your satisfying meal, you stand up and brush yourself off. Looking at the sky and the position of the sun, you wager it's very close to the afternoon. You look around for any sign of life, but catch none. It's quite odd, usually at this time the mansion is bustling. At least it was yesterday. Maybe today is an off day. You would expect it to be full of life everyday with how many rabbits come and go at any time. Especially considering that otherwise, the place is very organized. Almost like a business, the rabbits are the employees and the heads of the mansion are the employers. Haha, what silly talk. Though it's likely this IS the case, though today you wouldn't know it. Either way, you decide it's best not to dawdle and do something, best not waste away the day.

[ ] Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted
[ ] Better check up on Reisen and get a few things out of the way
[ ] We haven't seen the princess in while, best greet Kaguya now
[ ] Get prepared for the day with a nice meditation in the courtyard
[ ] Phht, just laze around all day in your room
>> No. 11322
[x] Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
[x] Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.
>> No. 11323
Oh look, it's Teruyo playing around on /border/ again.

sage
>> No. 11324
[x] Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
[x] Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.

You would update right after GD went to sleep.
>> No. 11326
[x] FIRST, Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
[x] SECOND, Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.

So there's no more confusion about voting for impossible things. That shit should've been retconned.
>> No. 11327
[x] Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
[x] Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.
>> No. 11328
File 122325851637.jpg - (358.01KB , 598x953 , 122283287690.jpg ) [iqdb]
11328
[x] Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
[x] Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.

IT'S SCIENCE TIME!
>> No. 11333
what what

{X} Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
{X} Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.
>> No. 11335
[X] Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
[X] Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.

Yay, Sousha's back~
>> No. 11337
File 122330232893.jpg - (73.71KB , 400x566 , 1208291482883.jpg ) [iqdb]
11337
[x] Find yourself some clothes; you can't be wearing pajamas all day.
[x] Let's go see Eirin for what Yukari wanted.

Upon reflecting to yourself, you suddenly remember your current state of clothing. Hasn't changed much from the weird outing you had with the rabbits earlier this morning. Quite the embarrassment, but no one seemed to have seen you since you made breakfast. Especially since it's so quiet. You sigh and start towards your room, walking through the oddly empty halls. It gives you a feeling of awkwardness and even a little fear, as you have no clue what everyone is doing. Then again, it could be mere coincidence things are like this. You attempt to shrug it off as you open the door to your room.

You see your clean clothes waiting for you beside your bed. Did Reisen put them there? No real way to make sure, as far as your eyes can tell, so you do the next best thing. You walk over and take your robing, then push it against your face and taking a nice, good whiff. For some odd reason, you're 100% positive this is Reisen's scent, despite how clean you know the robing is. You just very, very plainly smell it. If you were sure it wasn't you, you could swear people from outside the room could smell this. You then remember something about Eirin telling you about your youkai behavior. Sounds plausible that your youkai blood has earned you a heightened sense of smell. Now much more aware of this, you feel a bit more confident. In fact, you briefly consider getting dressed WHILE going to Eirin's clinic, or even once you're gotten there, just to save time, but you quickly toss this idea aside once you realize how silly this sounds. You put your clothes on and head out.

You know your next destination. You can't put it off any longer. You march bravely towards Eirin's clinic once more and decide you need to get this out of the way. The halls still seem a bit empty, but not as much as before, as you finally can see some rabbit scurrying about their workloads. Maybe it was still breakfast time, just elsewhere? In this case, Eirin should be finished by now, making this the perfect time to do what you need to finally. You dodge a few more rabbits before getting to the door of Eirin's clinic you gulp before you stop yourself from knocking on the door, remembering that it does have a waiting roo. You should probably use it. You then sigh and walk inside.

It's fairly empty, and quiet to boot. You sit down looking around, it's not exactly very advanced but probably still further up in time then the rest of Gensokyo, comparitively. In midst of your thoughts about the room, you hear the door open and you immediately look over to see the familiar red and blue doctor coming out. She seems a bit surprised at first before smiling warmly at you. It definitely feels as if you're welcomed by her. "Ah, Sousha, to what do I owe this visit? Feeling a bit strange again? Or did you want to get more tests done about your blood?" You blink for a moment, looking at her. You suddenly feel that clashing of several objectives.

"Uhm, well, uhh..." Eirin's expression changes a bit to curiosity.
"Well uhh what? Come on, out with it. You can tell me anything you know, I am a doctor." She says this last line with a bit of compassion and a smile on her face, which only serves to fluster you more. It certainly doesn't feel like you're used to this kind of kindness.
"W-W-Well, uh, Miss Yagoko-" You stop suddenly when you see Eirin walking over to you and bending down a bit to your face level, due to you sitting.
"You don't have to be so formal with me. Just call me Eirin while you're here. You're a welcomed guest after all."

The look on her face is intoxicating, and to top it off, her bending down her giving you a more then ample view of her cleavage. You could swear they weren't that big before. You can vaguely start feeling the sweat on your forehead start forming as you're seemingly backed into a corner. Your nervousness feels very high right now, but that just means you need to conquer it better.

[ ] "I came here about something from Yukari."
[ ] "I need more tests on my blood and heritage..."
[ ] "I don't feel so good...Eirin, Eirin, please cure me!"
[ ] "I-I-I don't need your help with anything, can't a guy just see the doctor to just s-s-see her? Jeez, don't get any weird ideas."
[ ] Anemia option into Eirin's chest
>> No. 11338
[ ] "I-I-I don't need your help with anything, can't a guy just see the doctor to just s-s-see her? Jeez, don't get any weird ideas."
[ ] Anemia option into Eirin's chest
>> No. 11339
>>11338
Answers first, tsundere second.

[x] "I need more tests on my blood and heritage..."
[x] "B-but don't get any weird ideas! T-that's all I came here for!"
>> No. 11340
[x] Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"

There are sparkles in your eyes. Eirin never had a chance.
>> No. 11342
{X} Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"
>> No. 11348
[x] Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"

Sousha is ℳℴℯ!
>> No. 11351
[ ] "I came here about something from Yukari."
>> No. 11359
[x] Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"
>> No. 11360
Yay, you're back! Good too, we finally get a break from Patchwork, Nine, and BV.
>> No. 11362
[X] Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"

Surge of confidence!
>> No. 11367
[X] Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"

Oh God, yes! The return of one of my favorites!
>> No. 11378
[X] Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"

Bitches don't know about my Iron Heart Surge.
>> No. 11393
File 122337385637.jpg - (60.59KB , 550x450 , 1208291970645.jpg ) [iqdb]
11393
[x] Look away embarrassed, "I-I-I came here... came here... it's not a bi-..." Pause for a moment, nod to yourself, and then look Eirin in the eyes with a very determined expression on your face: "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"

You can feel your heart leap up into your throat, silencing you of any further speech. You just stare nervously at Eirin as she tilts her head in anticipation of your answer. You finally close your eyes before turning your head, making sure to look away from her, and you swallow your pride. "I-I-I came here...came here..." You look down slightly, feeling your pent up frustration coming out as you silently grit your teeth. "It's not a bi-..." You stop yourself right there and calm yourself down. No need to be showing this side to someone s owell respected, you tell yourself. You gather up your confidence and look straight back at Eirin, determined face and all, your next statement you make stand out. "It's about why Yukari sent me here!"

Eirin's reaction is rather embarrassing, possibly even demeaning. She stands back up, holding back a laugh, covering her mouth with that oh so gleeful expression on her face. What, do you have something in between your teeth? You check really quick before Eirin shakes her head and stops you. "N-No, Sousha, don't worry. I'm not laughing at you. You're just very adorable." You blink in vague astonishment for a moment.

"Ex...cuse me?" Eirin looks at you, after calming herself down once more.
"You're cute. That was a pretty spectacular performance you laid out there. It's nice to know that you can let your inner child show through even around someone like me." You just kind of stare at her for a moment. Is that a bad thing? Or is it good? Hell you sure can't tell. "Well if it's a discussion about Yukari, then come with me into my office and we'll talk there. I'm positive there's large explaination as to why Yukari sent you here." With that, she turns and walks into her office, leaving the door open for you. You take a breath and make sure you're more well prepared for now. You honestly can't tell what just happened but it didn't seem like anything bad.

After walking inside, you notice that there's oodles of paperwork everywhere, neatly arranged and organized as well as test tubes and the sort scattered from place to the place. To hell with that, this is half office, half laboratory. After you're through looking around briefly, you sit yourself down at the desk on the opposite of Eirin's side. She sets aside some paperwork and looks at you with a bit of a warm look.

"So, why is it exactly that Yukari sent you here?" You blink a few times, trying to think of a good way to explain it.
"Uhm, w-well, Yukari, see, she sent me here to uh..." You look down, trying to remember why it was exactly that she sent you here again. In this, Eirin looks at you rather bemused.
"Hm? What's wrong? Can you not remember?" You look at her quickly, with an affermative face.
"N-N-No! Not at all! Of course I remember!"
"Well then, out with it. I want to know."

In all the commotion you've had throughout the time you've been here, you've briefly forgotten what it was you came down here for. Maybe this can work in your favour as you could basically ask anything of Eirin under Yukari's name, and most likely get it. On the other hand, you need to stay loyal to Yukari too...that is, if you can remember why she sent you down here.

[ ] "Show me how I can be a magnificent archer like you!"
[ ] "Teach me the healing arts."
[ ] "Give me lessons on how to be as scientific as you are."
[ ] "Who here can teach me magic?"
[ ] "Tell me how you got such large breasts..."
>> No. 11394
[x] "Who here can teach me magic?"

>[ ] "Tell me how you got such large breasts..."

I don't know whether to call the mental image this gave me hot or disturbing.
>> No. 11395
{X} "Who here can teach me magic?"

Sousha~
>> No. 11396
[ ] "Give me lessons on how to be as scientific as you are."
>> No. 11397
{X} "Who here can teach me magic?"

Youkai don't really need any knowledge of medicine, considering they apparently heal pretty fast, and even if they die, they'll just reincarnate.
>> No. 11398
[x] Genuflect
[x] "Please teach me how to be a strong youkai, Eirin-sensei!"

Let her choose how to best make you useful to Yukari.
>> No. 11400
[x] "Who here can teach me magic?"
>> No. 11403
Hi /eientei/
>> No. 11404
[x] Genuflect
[x] "Please teach me how to be a strong youkai, Eirin-sensei!"

ℳℴℯ option. The dog bows before its master.
>> No. 11406
[x] "Who here can teach me magic?"

IT'S MAGIC TIME DA ZE
>> No. 11427
[x] Genuflect
[x] "Please teach me how to be a strong youkai, Eirin-sensei!"

There are better places to learn magic than Eientei. And how does Sousha know she can use magic, anyway?
>> No. 11435
File 122346705580.jpg - (363.24KB , 1600x1200 , 1207434471332.jpg ) [iqdb]
11435
[x] "Who here can teach me magic?"

You look at Eirin for a brief moment before becoming acertain of your intentions. You know why Yukari sent you down here, and you need to find out how to get the job done first of all. You nod to yourself briefly and look at Eirin with a subtle confidence telling you that you're on the right track.

"I want to learn magic. I know Gensokyo is a place of mystical things from the short time I've been here, especially after seeing Yukari. And well, I think this is what she wants me to do, become a part of the bigger picture, since I will be her shikigami soon. I think her other shikigami know magic too and-" Eirin holds a hand up to stop you. Looks like you might've wandered off a bit in your speech, oops.
"Relax, Sousha. I get the idea. Though I'm sure that's not really the only reason why Yukari would want you to learn magic, or otherwise. Maybe perhaps she wants you to be able to defend yourself? Or perhaps even use you in battle?" You look at her a bit surprised.
"B-B-Battle?" Eirin nods.
"Yes, she has been known to become apart of many a danmaku duel." You gulp a bit. That doesn't sound too enticing to you, considering that since Yukari herself seems so extremely strong, anything she'd fight would likely be close to that, meaning you'd most likely be tossed aside like a garbage wrapper. You suddenly feel bad for Yukari's other shikigami.
"I...I...s-s-see...s-s-s-so from whom would I be able to learn magic?" Despite your fears, you're ready to hop into this anyway. After all, you have to complete the mission she gave to you. "I mean, where would I learn it or...what? Who could teach me?" Eirin looks up with a finger on her chin in a thinking pose. She looks almost too cute like this.
"Well, I know...some magic I suppose you could say. Though it's not like traditional magic. Maybe my later spells but...those are pretty advanced." She looks at you smiling a bit. "Alternatively, Kaguya has learned a few in her spare time as well." You tilt your head in fascination. Kaguya? The head of the household?
"You mean, the princess...?" Eirin nods with a satisfied smile, seemingly glad that you asked.
"Yes, for a nice while now, Kaguya has had a lot of free time and every once in a while when she gets bored, she'd study up some random magic. She's learned quite a bit in her lifetime." Sounds like someone you learned magic just for kicks. Damn ADHD princesses.
"Well uhm, I'm not sure quite yet..." Eirin smiles at you in a comforting way.
"Take your time. I'm sure Yukari won't mind. She's a very laid back person after all."

Still, you look down unsure of yourself. You could ask who else you could learn magic of, but you need time deciding. This is very important after all, likely capable of changing the very way you do things, and how able you are in combat should the need arise. You know you need to choose something you can be good at, but what that is, you're unsure of...yet, anyway.

[ ] Eirin's archery and magic is good enough for you
[ ] Kaguya's magical prowess sounds interesting
[ ] Maybe someone from outside of Eientei?
[ ] Ask Eirin about Reisen
[ ] On second thought, maybe magic isn't our forte

---

Sorry if it seems short, couldn't think of much detail to put into this tonight.
>> No. 11442
Don't just ignore the sage's advice, even if you have reservations about it.

[x] Kaguya's magical prowess sounds interesting, but express concern that the princess doesn't like you.

You need to learn how to danmaku at the very least, and you want to appear (somewhat) determined in front of Eirin. Eirin wouldn't suggest Kaguya unless she thought it would do her some good, so you'll have her support through this. And if you are rejected, you get to be consoled by Eirin. It's win-win.
>> No. 11446
{X} Eirin's archery and magic is good enough for you.

Kaguya doesn't strike me as a good teacher.
>> No. 11455
[x] Kaguya's magical prowess sounds interesting, but express concern that the princess doesn't like you.

At the very least we'll get the "Inu" appellation here.
>> No. 11456
[Tasukete] Eirin's archery and magic is good enough for you.
>> No. 11457
[x] Kaguya's magical prowess sounds interesting, but express concern that the princess doesn't like you.
>> No. 11460
[x] Kaguya's magical prowess sounds interesting, but express concern that the princess doesn't like you.
>> No. 11470
[x] Kaguya's magical prowess sounds interesting, but express concern that the princess doesn't like you.

Eirin's known for her intensity and vigor but I'd assume she's a leveled headed and calm fighter (i doubt you can use a bow very well when overly excited) where as Sousha would not be.
>> No. 11476
File 122352727097.jpg - (98.40KB , 650x370 , 121090675017.jpg ) [iqdb]
11476
[x] Kaguya's magical prowess sounds interesting, but express concern that the princess doesn't like you.

After thinking for a bit, you do decide that maybe Eirin's offer about Kaguya is the best option. However, from what you can remember, your first experience with her wasn't all too tasteful. You didn't quite feel altogether about yourself during her bad mood last time you saw her.

"Well, maybe the princess could teach me magic...but..." Eirin blinks for a moment.
"Hm? What is it? Is there something about her?" You look down a bit sadly. It's almost an attempt to victimize yourself, but you try hard not to let it be that way.
"Well, uh, n-not exactly...I mean, uhm...well I kinda feel that she, you know...doesn't like me too much." Eirin looks at you rather confused. She definitely has no idea what you're talking about.
"Hmm? What do you mean? Did you have a bad encounter with her or something? I haven't heard anything about this." You look at her for a while before taking in a breath. She has to know.
"When I first came here, Kaguya seemed very upset about me coming over. I don't think she likes me..." Eirin looks at you for a brief second before smiling at you a bit calmly.
"Are you sure it's not you that dislikes her a bit?" You almost do a double take at this. Is she not listening?
"What? What gave you that idea?"
"Well, what gave you YOUR idea? I don't particularly recall Kaguya acting upset with you last night." This statement makes you sigh. You're pretty sure this isn't gonna go anywhere.
"I'm very sure she wasn't happy with me. It's honestly not me, really."
"If you're so sure then. But it still seems to me that you don't like her much. Either that or...you're afraid of her." She almost says this with a smile that genuinely freaks you out. You're unsure if this was done on purpose, or if it was just an awkward coincedence.
"U-U-U-Uhm, w-w-well..."
"So you are afraid of her then." She smiles more calmly now, as if she just accomplished something with you. In your head, it's the total opposite, it didn't help that she creeped you out.
"N-N-No! That's not the ca-" You freeze in your spot when Eirin pats you on the head, rubbing it. You nearly forget about all this instantly upon feeling her soft hand on your head. She has a gentle touch that sends you into ecstacy and makes you feel very happy, for some reason or another.
"You don't have to be in such denial with me, I am a doctor after all. I like to have my patient's trust. Now then, I will talk to Kaguya about this and see what she can do. But until then I want you to think about this and decide what you really want to do. Remember that you can always take lessons under me instead if you feel more comfortable with it, okay?" With that, she gives you a nice, warm smile. You're too busy basking in the kindness she's handing out to you to really think too hard about this.
"Yes, Eirin...~" You almost feel yourself left hanging when she withdraws her hand from your head, and you have shake your head a bit to bring yourself back to reality.
"Alright. You go and think about it for a while then. I need to finish some work and then I'll talk to Kaguya about it, okay?" You want to say something but instead, you give in and nod silently to her. She gives you an appreciative smile and you get on your way out.

After leaving you can't help but sigh to yourself as you walk back to your room. You didn't really get as far into completing your mission as you would like. Things would've went much smooth if Eirin hadn't been oblivious to Kaguya's feelings. Something tells you that maybe Kaguya wasn't the right choice, but it's negilible. It's getting to be the afternoon now and you scratch your head, feeling a bit of an empty feeling as you walk through the halls. You can see rabbits scurrying about every which way. Some are working, some are playing. It's a very playful and yet peaceful place here. As you get back to your room, you realize what the feeling you had earlier was. Boredom. You haven't decided what to do while waiting on Eirin's word. Might as well decide now, seeing as how you got nothing else to do.

[ ] Let's go clear things up with Kaguya before Eirin gets to her
[ ] A friendly chat with Reisen sounds in order
[ ] Just wander about aimlessly in Eientei
[ ] We just had breakfast, but who cares? MORE FOOD.
[ ] The day requires more meditation
>> No. 11477
[ ] A friendly chat with Reisen sounds in order
>> No. 11480
>"N-N-No! That's not the ca-" You freeze in your spot when Eirin pats you on the head, rubbing it. You nearly forget about all this instantly upon feeling her soft hand on your head. She has a gentle touch that sends you into ecstasy and makes you feel very happy, for some reason or another.

This was a triumph.

Now what do dogs do when they're bored?

>[ ] A friendly chat with Reisen sounds in order
Sniff the crotches of the other pets?

>[ ] Just wander about aimlessly in Eientei
Stalk prey animals?

>[ ] We just had breakfast, but who cares? MORE FOOD.
Eat the other pets' food?

>[ ] The day requires more meditation
Dig holes in the backyard?

>[ ] Let's go clear things up with Kaguya before Eirin gets to her
Whimper, make doe eyes at, and otherwise bug their masters for attention?

Yeah.

[x] Let's go clear things up with Kaguya before Eirin gets to her.

You can start by genuflecting, mongrel.
>> No. 11481
[ ] Just wander about aimlessly in Eientei

It seems wrong to talk to kaguya after Eirin just said she would
>> No. 11492
[x] Just wander about aimlessly in Eientei

Dogs need to be walked regularly.
>> No. 11494
File 122360218920.png - (20.79KB , 473x657 , soosha.png ) [iqdb]
11494
{X} Just wander about aimlessly in Eientei.

Exploring~
>> No. 11505
>>11494

I want to take him home.
>> No. 11507
>>11505

He'd freak out and piss the floor.
>> No. 11529
update
>> No. 11550
[X] Just wander about aimlessly in Eientei

Updates?
>> No. 11558
I never really considered a 3/1/1 vote to be a decent vote to update with. Like most writefags, I like to see a better majority before being satisfied with the results. But regardless, I will write soonish.
>> No. 11572
File 122384378743.jpg - (131.47KB , 480x600 , 1197049372758.jpg ) [iqdb]
11572
[x] Just wander about aimlessly in Eientei

You stand there and think for a moment, then you think some more. You rest at random spots in your room for a short while before you finally come up with the conclusion that there really isn't much you want to do right now in the mansion. You figure it's either sit here and be bored or walk around, and you sure as hell aren't going to take lazing around for very long. You get up and promptly leave your room, closing the door behind you and walking down one of the many hallways the confusing, maze-like mansion has. Sure, they may be well decorated, but it sure doesn't help that the hallways are twisted in weird ways in such a large place. Or maybe you just have a bad sense of direction.

Either way, you non-chalantly walk about the mansion in search of something to do. You don't even pay attention to what direction you're heading in. You just walk around the halls like you were made for it. You spectate the many rabbits and bunnies running around the Eientei, both working and playing. It's quite an amusing and relaxing sight to wander about to. As you continue your stroll, you can spy Reisen chasing a familiar bunny and her pack down the opposing hall. You keep yourself from laughing when you see this. It's almost like some Tom & Jerry cartoon you watched when you were little. Still though, you decide not to interfere for now and head down the opposite direction, taking in the rest of Eientei.

You eventually come to a hall the sits parallel to a porch sitting beside the courtyard. It's a very picturesque scene here and you can certainly imagine something truly heart warming happening here. You think about it while staring out into the distance. A forelorn woman is standing out in the courtyard as her lover approches the porch from inside. The woman, happy to see her truest desire, runs over into the arms of her one and only. The two look out to the courtyard as it begins raining, sitting down and enjoying the view from under the roof on the porch. Maybe you could think of something better, but then it's not like you could remember much experience with this type of thing. Your thoughts turn to Sanae for a brief moment as you continue past the hall and deep into Eientei, wondering how long you'll be stuck here. It's not that you don't like it here, but you do miss your first friend of Gensokyo.

Your sighing becomes more frequent the more you wander around Eientei, for a multitude of reasons. You can't find too many particularly interesting things inside the mansion, now that you have a much greater feeling of where everything is. Or rather, a greater lack of everything, to be more precise. For a mansion with not very many rooms, the twisting, long hallways sure seems rather unnecessary. In fact, you could swear from the outside, all the many maze-like halls wouldn't fit inside. It's probably your lack of depth perception, but it still feels weird. Despite how confusing the hallways are though, you know your way around a bit now at least.

You stop suddenly and hide behind the corner you just turned when you spy Eirin. Looks like you found your way over to her clinic. Speaking of which, she's locking it up. Ater doing so, you just simply watch her walk away. Nothing dire to freak out about. But you do wonder if she's about to go talk with Kaguya about the topic you mentioned to her, so you sneakily follow behind her, trying not to alert her attention. With the many rabbits running around, it's not too hard. Any noises you make are pretty easily drowned out by the play of the rabbits in a few select areas. The corners are turned and before you know it, you recognize this next hallway as the one where Kaguya's chambers lie. This is it, if Eirin stops by, you know she's gonna mention you, hopefully.

Suddenly, a distraction. You very quickly hide behind a corner the moment you hear a bit of a loud crashing noise. Looking down the hall you finally notice Tewi and Reisen, still engaged in their cat and mouse hunt. Tewi is hanging on a wire, coming out of the now broken ceiling, with a growling Reisen under her, ready to rip apart anything that comes near her. She looks pretty angry. Tewi on the other hand, seems to be taking this as all a game, blowing rasberries while playfully swinging on the wire. Things don't look so good. You peek back around the corner and see Eirin looking around curiously for the source, not in your direction though thankfully. She seems to ignore it though, and continues down her own path. What a bad time for her to mix up priorities. Now that responcibility lays on you, whom do you chase?

[ ] Reisen needs help capturing that wascally wabbit
[ ] Help Tewi escape into freedom
[ ] Ignore the two and follow Eirin
[ ] None of this should matter; just continue wandering aimlessly
[ ] Walk up to Reisen and Tewi with a quip; Eh, what's up doc?
>> No. 11573
[Meh] Walk up to Reisen and Tewi with a quip; Eh, what's up doc?

Forgive me, I couldn't resist.
>> No. 11576
[x] Walk up to Reisen and Tewi with a quip; Eh, what's up doc?
>> No. 11578
[x] Walk up to Reisen and Tewi with a quip; Eh, what's up doc?

Why did I lol?
>> No. 11586
{X} Walk up to Reisen and Tewi with a quip; "Eh, what's up doc?"

We need a carrot.
>> No. 11592
[x] Reisen needs help capturing that wascally wabbit
[x] Walk up to Reisen and Tewi with a quip; Eh, what's up doc?
>> No. 11593
File 122387359190.jpg - (44.70KB , 400x564 , 23d347f81d10e7f9b493a65d1917e5aa.jpg ) [iqdb]
11593
It does quite please me that anon picked the silliest vote.

[x] Walk up to Reisen and Tewi with a quip; Eh, what's up doc?

Well now, this racket having interrupted your stealthy stalking, you feel like crashing the party yourself now. It was oh so rude of them to have the action broken up by some wild goose chase rattling the mansion, so now you can feel your epic troll/flame mode kicking into gear as you walk towards them. You stride at a calm pace as you seemingly pull a carrot straight out of nowhere. (You make a mental note to check out that hammerspace in your robing after this) By the time Reisen and Tewi notice you, you're standing beside them, nibbling on that carrot you took out of your clothing. The responce before you even say anything is already ecstacy inducing, as even Tewi is quite flustered and puzzled about your appearance. That's when you break it out, your trump card and ultimate mood breaker.

"Eh, what's up, doc?" Reisen just blinks at you like you're crazy.
"E-E-Excuse me...?" Tewi on the other hand, has a much more collected and snappy responce to your quip.
"Well isn't it obvious? You're looking up, aren't you?" You point your carrot aside, still calm and cool.
"Well yeah, if that's the case then what's up isn't much then." Tewi seems a bit interested once you snap that comeback, but immediately turns face, making sure not to give any hints.
"Yeah well, looking down isn't so great either. I'm not particularly interested in people lower then me."
"Well that's not saying much considering a stool would be all someone needs to be in control."
"If that's so then wouldn't you already be higher then me, since you're already one yourself?"
"You know, it still says you're immature even when you use a diginified way of saying someone's a turd."
"At least I have the balls to say it!"
"Oh? So Eirin's a sex change surgeon too?" You nibble on your carrot some more as you study Tewi's reactions, she seems to be studying you right back. after the brief silence following that comment she looks at you slyly.
"You're not half bad." She then falls back to the floor and shrugs. "Eh, alright, I'll get back to work. I've had my fun." She then begins walking away with her arms behind her head in a lazy manner. Feeling victorious, you look over at Reisen, who cracks the more unexpected comment.
"I didn't know you liked carrots, Sousha." You almost fall over at this, come to think of it, you didn't know either. It just came to you randomly. "Well, in any case, I guess I should thank you for uh...taking control of Tewi breifly, I suppose."
"Hey, anytime. Maybe I can take control of you too, if you know what I mean~" Reisen looks at you quite shocked, a blush forming on her embarrassed rabbit face.
"S-S-Sousha!" You blink for a moment realizing you forgot to turn off epic troll/flame mode and you shake your head.
"Oh, whoops, sorry...I didn't mean that." Reisen looks at you with a cute, pouting type face. With how adorable it looks, it's difficult to tell if she's seriously angry, or just playing with you.
"Huh, yeah I'm sure you didn't. Well I have other tasks to attend to now." She closes her eyes, almost as if giving you the cold shoulder and walks away.

You can feel the tinge from being rejected royally like that, but you keep calm and cool, as you can still tell she was pretty thankful you ended that before it got bad. You think that maybe as punishment for acting that way though, she subconciously let you handle the burden of fixing the ceiling Tewi broke. You sigh as your earlier high comes crashing down due to this realization. You look at the half eaten carrot and stuff it in your pockets for later. Maybe it'll make a nice snack before bed or something. Still very strange how you got interested in vegetables so suddenly. Either way, you prepare yourself and move on to fixing the ceiling in due haste, before someone like Eirin spots you.

Luckily, you succeed at this endevor, and finish up in a jiffy, before anyone even spots you. You smile up at your quick handywork, quite satisfied with it. You then turn and start walking. A nice deal of time has passed, actually, despite how fast you finished fixing the ceiling. You probably think that Eirin has finished talking to Kaguya by now. You take a quick pitstop at her clinic to find your suspicions wrong. It's still empty, and locked even. No way has Eirin finished yet. You sigh, wondering how long this will take before you turn and start towards your room, or wherever your feet take you. Whichever has more deciding power right now.

[ ] Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her
[ ] Follow Reisen wherever the near-tsundere bunny might go
[ ] Frolic with the bunnies
[ ] Head back to your room and take it ez
[ ] Sit down on all fours and whimper
>> No. 11594
[x] Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her.
[x] If she still is, sit by the door and wait patiently, like the dog you are.
>> No. 11596
[x] Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her.
[x] If she still is, sit by the door and wait patiently.

It's not cute if you're doing it on purpose.
>> No. 11597
{X} Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her.
{X} If she still is, sit by the door and wait patiently, like the dog you are.
>> No. 11598
[X] Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her.
[X] If she still is, sit by the door and wait patiently.
>> No. 11599
[x] Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her.
[x] If she still is, sit by the door and wait patiently, like the dog you are.
>> No. 11601
[X] Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her.
[X] If she still is, sit by the door and wait patiently, like the dog you are.

ehehe
>> No. 11609
File 122393574650.jpg - (188.05KB , 596x643 , cg0923.jpg ) [iqdb]
11609
[x] Check up on Kaguya; see if Eirin's still talking with her.

You continue walking through the halls, observing passing rabbits and the like as you do. Many of the halls look the same but knowing your way, you find yourself close to Kaguya's chambers soon enough. If Eirin is still having that chat with her, then you'll just simply wait for the time to come. No sense in trying to delay this further, Yukari expects this to be done by you swiftly and effectively. As you reach the door, you find it closed. This presents a problem, how do you tell they're still talking? You grumble silently before looking up and down, and all around the door. But these aren't ordinary paper doors you realize. They seem to be some thin, wood like substance. It's difficult to see through, it's even hard to tell if there's a light on in here. How do the people of Eientei tell if a room's occupied? Are there even any locks? It's quite troubling, but you have an alternative. You lean down and press your ear against the door, hoping to hear whatever chatter might be happening inside.

Or well, you would, if you didn't hear a soft heartbeat instead. Furthermore, the side of your face feels like it's pressing into something soft, and warm. You blink for a moment before quickly rising and seeing you had your silly face pressed up against Eirin's chest. She looks a bit astonished but is quick to smile and hold back a chuckle. You yourself look quite the flustered person with your blush and embarrassment. Though you must admit, that did feel quite good.

"Hello, Sousha. It's good to see that you're here right when I needed you. Kaguya wanted to speak with you." You peek over Eirin's shoulder really quickly and see Kaguya sitting at the table with a bit of a welcoming smile. You then look back at Eirin herself.
"You uh, talked with her then?" Eirin flashes you a confident look with a smile on top.
"And now it's your turn. You want to make your new master proud, yes? Kaguya will help in any way~" You take a breath and then look at her.
"I shall do my best then." Eirin smiles and pats you on the head.
"Good boy. Knock 'em dead, champ~" With that, Eirin walks past you, not before leaving you utterly speechless though, and nearly spacing out at the door. You quickly gather your sense though and walk in almost subconciously.

Kaguya's chambers aren't nearly everything you'd expect them to be. It's almost a bit empty. the most notable thing being the heated table in the middle, which Kaguya is sitting at. You sit at the opposite end, letting your eyes explore the new room. You can tell there's a door to another room behind Kaguya, but where it leads is a mystery to you. Most likely it's her bedroom, seeing as how the room you're in seemingly lacks any sleeping material. You look at Kaguya who's looking back at you expectantly. She has very long, shiny black hair that mats itself all over the floor, and despite the formal look of her attire, upon closer inspection, their ruffled look gives you the idea that it's a very casual wear of Kaguya, and that her proper clothes are probably elsewhere. Though she might not necessarily sleep in those.

Your studying is soon interrupted by Kaguya's voice chirping in however.

"Let me start with apologizing for how I was acting when you arrived. I was expecting something from Yukari for a nice while, so after getting my hopes up about recieving it soon, you can understand that I was rather...disappointed." You shake your head, you fully understand this.
"No, i-it's no problem at all, really. I know how you felt. Sorry if I didn't take that well." Kaguya gives you that innocent type of smile. Being a princess, you would hope she's innocent.
"It's alright. Please, help yourself to some tea." Tea? You suddenly realize there's a cup of tea in front of you. It comes as a rather big shock to you as you were very sure there was no tea on the table until just now. It takes your head a few moments for it to recover from the shock, but you choose not to argue.
"Uhh...thank you." You pick the cup up and hesitate to take a drink for a moment before sipping it. Mmm, gives you that taste of the bamboo feeling. Fits the theme of Eientei's surroundings. Though the actual taste is a bit awkward.
"So, how is it?" You blink a bit before looking at her.
"Oh, uh, it's nice!" You make a nice smile, making sure not to hurt her feelings. Kaguya smiles right back before getting down to business.
"Well, I suppose we shouldn't waste much time then. Eirin told me about how purpose of coming here. You wanted to learn magic to protect Yukari, correct?" To be honest, you're just here because she told you to learn magic or something. You're really quite unsure if she would even need protecting. But you think it's best to just get right down to the point, a detail like this isn't important.
"Well, yes, you could say that. Could you teach me?"
"Given enough time, yes. I may not look it, but in all the time I've been alive, I've had more then enough of it to learn as much magic as I could, and I know quite a few interesting ones at that. I can teach you all I know, hopefully it won't take too long." All the time she's been alive, eh? You're not entirely sure what she fully means by that, but you play along.
"I hope so too. I don't think Yukari is too keen on waiting." Kaguya smiles for a bit before looking at you a bit slyly.
"Should you be calling her Lady Yukari? She is your superior, you know." You look down, feeling a bit ashamed about that. Must've let that slip.
"Oh, right, s-s-sorry."
"Hey, it's okay. You didn't mess up in front of her, so I suppose you're lucky. Though..." She now looks at you a bit playfully, almost leaning over the table in excitement. "From now on, since I'm teaching you, I want you to call me Master Kaguya! Alright?" You look at her a bit unsure of what to say. This came straight out of left field. Still, she's a princess and she will be your teacher.
"Uh, uhm...a-a-alright, Master...Kaguya..." You bit on a nervous smile, though you're trying not to be nervous. It seems Kaguya doesn't notice though (or doesn't care) as she sits back down with a satisfied look.
"Good then. For now, you can prepare yourself or take some time off. Maybe even have lunch a bit later. After lunchtime, we will begin, alright?" You nod to her.
"That sounds good."
"Great, I look forward to teaching you then." You give her a confident smile, knowing you're finally going to be continuing down your path to shikigamihood.

After a couple more pleasentries you two see each other off and you leave the room. Kaguya had a few more things to do before teaching you apparently and you're not one to get in the way of things like that. Not all the time anyways. You walk down a couple more halls of Eientei until you find yourself close to the courtyard again. Thankfully, that ceiling you fixed earlier that you passed by is still holding up well. It was definitely quick meaning it's probably not the best handiwork now that you think about it. Though it's probably a good thing that you shouldn't think about it too much.

You sit down at the porch and try to clear your mind before this whole magic teaching thing starts. Best not be too stressed out while you're trying to learn something important. You just take deep breaths and watch the sky and the rabbits bouncing to and fro across the courtyard. Looks like they're getting ready for something spectacular or something. They're carrying around a lot of things. They all also seem to be in a bit of a hurry at that. You take your mind off it for now however and you look up at the sky. You'd wager you have between an hour and a half an hour before lunchtime and the magic lessons. For now, you need to kill time. You can feel your stomach starting to ache slightly, but that's mainly because you think you haven't had enough food. Lunch will be good for you.

[ ] Let's go see Eirin
[ ] Reisen might need help with those chores
[ ] Investigate the mysterious bunny workers
[ ] Laze around until someone tells you it's lunchtime
[ ] Screw this lunch time, food is required now
>> No. 11610
Unrelated: I truly do loathe the message limits.
>> No. 11612
{X} Reisen might need help with those chores.

Dutiful doggie~
>> No. 11616
[ ] Reisen might need help with those chores
>> No. 11633
>She looks a bit astonished but is quick to smile and hold back a chuckle. You yourself look quite the flustered person with your blush and embarrassment.

His facial expressions must change more often than Yumi-chan's. Sousha ℳℴℯ.

>"Given enough time, yes. I may not look it, but in all the time I've been alive, I've had more then enough of it to learn as much magic as I could, and I know quite a few interesting ones at that. I can teach you all I know, hopefully it won't take too long."

Uh oh. Is Kaguya planning on keeping him?

[x] Investigate the mysterious bunny workers

If Tewi is going to get back at us, I'd rather get it over with.

>Thankfully, that ceiling you fixed earlier that you passed by is still holding up well. It was definitely quick meaning it's probably not the best handiwork now that you think about it. Though it's probably a good thing that you shouldn't think about it too much.

Hey, if this magic thing doesn't work out, you can always try carpentry.
>> No. 11636
[ ] Reisen might need help with those chores
>> No. 11640
[ ] Reisen might need help with those chores
>> No. 11641
[X] Reisen might need help with those chores
>> No. 11652
[x] Reisen might need help with those chores
>> No. 11708
File 122405695344.jpg - (480.18KB , 1000x1483 , 121797650885.jpg ) [iqdb]
11708
Posts like >>11633 are why I continue to write to this day.

[x] Reisen might need help with those chores

You sigh a bit, still a bit iffed from your blowoff from Reisen. Your relationship with her has been rather strange, but you still feel like you're decent friends with her, like you were with Sanae. Getting to know the inhabitants of Gensokyo might be a good thing, if you're gonna be Yukari's shikigami. Who knows how many of these people she commutes with. You look around for a bit before getting up and deciding you should see Reisen one more time. Maybe clear a few things up or perhaps even help her with those chores she seems to do a lot. Since you're staying here and even being apprentice to the mansion, it's probably good that you repay the owners somehow anyway.

You walk pretty absentmindedly through the halls of the mansion, knowing that without direct knowledge of where Reisen is, you'll have to simply get lucky and run into her on the way. Shouldn't be too hard, as she's often moving through to and fro across the mansion at a fast pace. This proves itself when you almost bump into Reisen rounding a corner. Your quick relfexes keep you from absently tipping the both of you over, thankfully seeing as how Reisen is holding quite a full laundry basket. Reisen's quick reflexes help too, as she gets her bearings pretty quickly despite holding something so large. She looks at you with a bit of a pouting face, almost as if she didn't want to see you. Or really wasn't expecting you. Or just a bit miffed about you almost running into her. Bah, too many choices.

"Sousha...learn to watch where you're going."
"Ahaha~ Sorry about that Reisen." You flash a friend smile as you put a hand behind your head, trying to appear welcoming. However, the bunny acts pretty rejectful towards you.
"Really, you're so spacey sometimes. Even if you are...nice. Just don't get in my way." With that, she closes her eyes and carelessly walks past you. You aren't going to let this falter you however, you follow right behind that puffy tail of hers eager to succeed. You want to please everyone in this house, even if they're not your superior.
"Oh come on, don't be like that. You look like you could use some help there." Reisen's eyes stay closed as she's determined not to look at you.
"I'm quite fine. I do this almost everyday."
"So? What's wrong with accepting a little help?" Reisen stops and studies you with a bit of a stony glare before shoving the basket into your arms.
"Fine, take it and follow me." She then starts walking again. You're not sure if it's something you did, but you can't see her actually benig angry with you, not like this. It actually makes you smile. It totally reminds you of Sanae. You always found it cute when people acted this way around you. It's probably some sort of obnoxious charm you have on them.

...or maybe you're just rubbing off on them.

It doesn't take you too long to arrive in a large room full of dressers and such. It's almost like a barracks. Is this where all the worker bunnies get ready and crash? There's a large table to one side and Reisen orders you to put the basket down on the middle of it. You plop it down on the table before realizing how heavy it actually is. The table damn near falls apart at the sudden weight put on it and Reisen almost squeaks out in panic before warning you not to go overboard. You apologize before looking at the table. It sure doesn't look brittle or fragile, strong enough to hold quite a load you feel. You wonder if it's your youkai power making it to where you don't notice the true weight of things. Or maybe looks are just deceiving, a pile of clothes can't possibly be that heavy.

"Now, Sousha. I want you to take as many clothes as you can and fold them, alright?" She crosses her arms looking at you. "You do know how to fold clothes, right?" You're left almost dumbfounded by her silly question. Time to go on the offensive.
"Of course I do! What do you take me for? It's not like I have to help you, you know." You turn your head with that dissatisfied, tsundere look on your face, but still keeping your eyes to the corners to spy Reisen's face. She seems to spurt a funny scoff as she shields her smile with her hand.
"Phht, that's the Sousha I met. Good then, let's begin." With that friendly exchange, she hands you an article of clothing and the two of you fold clothes on opposite sides of the basket.

You're quite content with the exchange you two have had so far, and you think you could get this done before lunchtime with Reisen's help. As a matter fact, since Reisen makes the food here, that's probably a sure thing. Sticking by Reisen means you'll know exactly when lunch will begin, which means you'll know exactly when you'll start your magic lessons. You smile to yourself on your brilliant decision, but it quite soon fades away. Folding clothes is quite monotonous, and repetitive. It soon gets very boring. You're not sure how much longer you can take this after a while, so you start devising ways to break up the monotony.

[ ] Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
- [ ] Talk about her masters
- [ ] Talk about her daily chores
- [ ] Talk about her personal life
- [ ] Write-In Option
[ ] Ask if there's something other then folding you could do
[ ] Start playing with the dresses
[ ] Excuse yourself and leave promptly
>> No. 11709
[ ] Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
[ ] Talk about her personal life

even if all she's good for is her sex appeal they force her into doing things that don't take advantage of her ability, so there's a safe bet she has little to no life
>> No. 11712
{X} Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
{X} Talk about her personal life
>> No. 11714
>>11708

I love that picture, just for the blackboard text. I still think the "Pop Quiz: Teacher's three sizes ♥" joke would have worked better with Keine, though.
>> No. 11715
>"Of course I do! What do you take me for? It's not like I have to help you, you know." You turn your head with that dissatisfied, tsundere look on your face, but still keeping your eyes to the corners to spy Reisen's face. She seems to spurt a funny scoff as she shields her smile with her hand.

YES YES

[x] Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
- [x] Tell her you'll be here studying magic under Kaguya for a while
>> No. 11717
[x] Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
- [x] Tell her you'll be here studying magic under Kaguya for a while
- [x] Talk about her personal life

First part shouldn't take too long, and the second part won't either, I suspect.
>> No. 11780
WHERE IS THE ℳℴℯ, SUKIMA?
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE ℳℴℯ!
>> No. 11781
Only three votes and you all let the topic fall off the page? Come on, maybe once in a while I'd like to see a battle of votes.
>> No. 11783
>>11781

Then maybe you want to include some more compelling choices than over what kind of small talk to make while folding clothes and waiting for lunch.
>> No. 11784
File 122419780399.gif - (29.93KB , 800x600 , moe-800x600.gif ) [iqdb]
11784
Random moe demanding anon thwarted my attempts at a sage.

But yes, while I never said there would be moe myself, here you go.
>> No. 11787
This needs an edit button. Or maybe I just need to get into the habit of refreshing before I post.

>>11783

No one said you couldn't write-in something you'd like to do. In fact it's more or less encouraged. There's probably plenty of things you could do in this situation, but you can't think of any, can you? Otherwise, you surely would've written that in by now.

1/10 btw.
>> No. 11788
>>11787
>In fact it's more or less encouraged. There's probably plenty of things you could do in this situation, but you can't think of any, can you? Otherwise, you surely would've written that in by now.

No, Sukima, you've already shown you cannot be trusted with write-in responses. Here for example, the character would end up pursuing the action without regard to prior responsibilities and emergent circumstances, resulting in him missing lunch, then freaking because he's hungry, then attacking the rabbits, etc. and otherwise ruining the rest of the day for himself. And then you'll tell Anon that it's his fault, because he deviated from your offered choices, and every action has a consequence, and yet more hand-wringing.
>> No. 11790
Oh get over it, that was a long time ago. I've changed since then. I swear if Eirin broke your manhood you would hold it against her the rest of your life.
>> No. 11793
>>11790
>I swear if Eirin broke your manhood you would hold it against her the rest of your life.

This is funnier than it should be because there's a possibility you might not be joking.
>> No. 11811
File 122422587360.jpg - (191.18KB , 600x446 , awesomekaguya.jpg ) [iqdb]
11811
>>11790>>11793
This taste...it's of a Teruyo!
>> No. 11813
File 122422772761.png - (106.45KB , 482x718 , magiciansousha.png ) [iqdb]
11813
>> No. 11814
>>11813

Digging the new look.
>> No. 11817
>>11813

Why is Sousha so lovable?

And Sukima you need to come back to #MiG sometime.
>> No. 11818
[x] Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
- [x] Tell her you'll be here studying magic under Kaguya for a while
- [x] Talk about her personal life

VOTE DAMNIT
>> No. 11820
>>11813
Nice.

[x] Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
- [x] Tell her you'll be here studying magic under Kaguya for a while
- [x] Talk about her personal life
>> No. 11822
God damn it, Sukima. Whining about votes, arguing with Anon... you really have become Teruyo. I mean, I always hated this CYOA, but now I can't help but hate it even more.
>> No. 11825
>>11822

Not Teruyo. Teruyo updates more often.

But seriously, he has gotten better at this shit.
>> No. 11826
>>11825

Yeah, but the large focus on any place that isn't /border/-centric and the annoying protagonist just ruin this for me.

Though, the protagonist might have changed by now. Has he?
>> No. 11827
>Though, the protagonist might have changed by now. Has he?

Sousha here has been acting more like a confused but adorable puppy, and less like the spastic he was earlier. His tsundereness is now only kicking in where it makes others laugh, and his inability to mask his emotions seems to draw others in, rather than push them away.
>> No. 11849
Sukima told me to tell you guys that touhouproject refuses to load for him so he can't update until it works, so yeah.
>> No. 11871
update
>> No. 11872
Took quite a few days but I'm finally able to access this site again. I need to have a word with my ISP and ask them what the hell is going on. Hopefully they won't shut this site off from me again, if that truly is what happened. Anyways, writing soonish.
>> No. 11873
>>11872

hooray!
>> No. 11876
File 122447225656.jpg - (41.07KB , 497x550 , 1184634550876.jpg ) [iqdb]
11876
I'll take this time to mention that I'm a lot more lenent with write-ins now. And just about everything else. I've learned how to hold back on wanting to punish anon for unrelated stupidity. :V

[x] Have an idle conversation with Reisen...
[x] Tell her you'll be here studying magic under Kaguya for a while
[x] Talk about her personal life

You look at Reisen for a moment, maybe the mundaneness could be broken up with a little chatter. You've spent a good amount of time with Reisen but maybe you could still get to know her a little better. After all, it didn't seem like you got any time at all with Sanae and it would've done wonders to get to know her better too. You sigh as you fold clothes trying to think of something to say before taking out a familiar pink dress. You blink for a moment before remembering that it's probably a good idea to tell Reisen what's going on.

"Oh, I meant to tell you..." You give a quick glance at Reisen to make sure her attention is poised at yours. It seems to be for the most part, though she's still folding clothes. "I finally got around to telling Eirin why Yukari sent me down here so, I'll be staying a while studying magic under Kaguya...is that okay?" Reisen blinks with a bit of surprise before looking down at her clothing that she was folding with a bit of a forelorn look on her face.
"Oh...I see. I'm glad." You can't tell what she's thinking right now, as her expression seems to be a mix of both calm happiness and disappointment. Instead of figuring it out though, you decide to break the ice and get her mind off that.
"Well uh, that said, how have you been anyway? I mean, um..." You almost subconciously fiddle with your fingers before continuing folding clothes, feeling nervous. "Uh, h-h-how is life here? For you anyway..." You don't look at Reisen and just let her voice tell you what she's thinking as you fold clothes.
"My life here? Well, I guess you could say it's very boring...I don't get out much, only time I ever leave the mansion really is to sell some medicine for Master Eirin. And anytime I'm here I'm usually doing chores and making sure the mansion is in order." She's really starting to sound like Sanae. It almost bugs you but you keep your eyes on the clothes you're folding and just continue the conversation.
"What about when you're free? Sure you have some spare time once in a while..."
"Mmm, I guess I do sometimes. When that happens I'm just either staring at the night sky or reading some magazines with Tewi that I get from Mistress Kaguya once in a blue moon."
"Staring at the night sky..." You think to yourself a bit, imagining Reisen looking up at the moon solemnly on the porch, leaning against the walls of Eientei in the bright moonlight. You can see yourself relaxing right next to her, sitting in almost the same way as Reisen leans into your side softly and you wrap your arm around her gently.

It's suddenly that you feel rather clingy and cuddly, but you withhold that feeling as this isn't the time for it now. You focus once more on the clothes before you, trying to hold back a deep blush on your face, praying Reisen isn't looking.

"Oh, I see. Maybe sometime you can show me those magazines you get from Kaguya? I'm kinda interested...where does she get them?"
"It's funny you ask, she gets them from Yukari, actually." You weren't expecting this fully, but part of you was.
"Yukari, huh? They must be really good friends." Reisen seems to be thinking a bit upon that.
"Hmm...well I guess you could say that. They haven't known each other too long but they had an interesting meeting to say the least."
"Oh, could you tell me about it?" You look briefly over at Reisen who's smiling at you softly.
"Maybe some other time. I'm sure Mistress Kaguya could tell you better then I could."

You look back down at the clothes you're folding. Reisen's life really does sound pretty boring. You've also run out of things to ask or say. Not much to her life past that it seems. You're trying to think of something else to say before you reach into the basket and realize all the clothes were folded. You look over at Reisen who's smiling more now. Nothing like a good job well done.

"That's all of it. Thank you for helping me, Sousha. I think I can prepare a better lunch with this extra time I have now." You smile at her, showing a general kindness. (And keeping your tsundereness from breaking the mood)
"No problem Reisen. If you ever need help with anything else, I'm here." Reisen smiles more and bows before leaving you with a short parting goodbye and you're left in the room alone.

It doesn't take you long before you leave the room and head back to your own to prepare yourself for the magic lessons you'll be getting after lunch. You make sure everything is in working order. You prepare the futon in case the lessons end up wearing you out and you need a place to collapse into. You also empty your inventory and put it on a dresser in the room, so that you don't lose anything important. And finally, you do a bit of stretching to prepare your body for the potential workout. Hey, it's just learning magic but who said it wouldn't put a strain on your body. You look at yourself before undoing your robing a bit. Your upper body appears rather normal. You sigh as you expect it to bulge out suddenly as you're training. So weird. You make a mental note to get another check out from Eirin after all this. You then leave after getting your robing back in order and head towards the dining room.

It seems you're just in time. Kaguya and Eirin are already sitting there, waiting for their lunch and as you greet them and sit down, Reisen is coming in with lunch. It fills you for the most part and even tastes good. You think that Reisen was right when she said the extra time gave her the ability to make lunch a bit better. Throughout eating though you can see Kaguya and Eirin talking about mundane and everyday things, like the weather and what little things they've been doing recently. Reisen seems to be enjoying her lunch silently next to you. You briefly consider talking to her more but you feel you're both satisfied enough with the talk you two had folding clothes.

After everyone finishes lunch for the most part, you can see Kaguya looking at you expectantly as she excuses herself and leaves out. You know what this means. You pardon yourself as well after eating and get up, following your new master out into a large area of the courtyard. It's very clear and seems to be somewhere behind the mansion, a secluded spot. Kaguya is standing right there, in middle of the clearing and you stop at nearly the opposite end, facing her. Kaguya smiles, seeing you hold up to your word. Both of you know what comes next.

"Well Sousha, I see you're all ready for this. This will be a bit grueling, just a warning. Are you prepared?" Kaguya says this in such a fashion that it almost sounds contradictory. She has such a kind aura about her.
"Yes, I'm ready for anything you throw at me." Kaguya looks at you.
"Good. Let's start off with the basics..." She holds her hands up a bit and generates what looks likes a small orb of red light between them. "I'm a master of generic magic. That is, I can generate a simple light of any color and shape. This is very effective as an all purpose attack, but let's start with something simple first." She closes her eyes and holds her hands outward in front of her this time, and a small flame slowly expands out of literally thin air in front of her.
"Wow, that's amazing, Master Kaguya..." She smiles softly as she seemingly grabs it with a distance between her hand and the flame and even carries it around.
"Doing something like this is easy. It's just simply gathering the mana throughout your body and using it to attract intense heat to make a flame." You blink a few times looking at her.
"Mana...?" Kaguya douses the fire and looks up, putting a finger on her cheek.
"Hmm, well, the best way to explain it I guess is that it's a general element found within your soul used to call forth the magic arts!"

---

Part 2 coming soonish, sorry it took so long.
>> No. 11877
>"Hmm, well, the best way to explain it I guess is that it's a general element found within your soul used to call forth the magic arts!"

Oh man, she's really into this.
>> No. 11879
Kaguya smiles at you cheerfully after saying that. Feels almost awkward, but it sounds simple enough. You look down at your hands contemplating whether or not you even have this mana in you.

"Don't worry, Sousha. I'm pretty positive you have plenty of mana. Mana is what holds us together and makes us living. It is the very essence that our souls are made out of." You blink at her sudden psychic statement. You shrug it off for the time being however.
"R-R-Right. So...how would I go about doing that then...?"
"It's quite simple really. Just close your eyes and imagine all the spirit in your body flowing through your arms and into your hands, making a magnet to the natural heat of your body and everything else around you. Generating a fire is much easier with heat sources nearby, and since it's a sunny day today, it shouldn't be a problem for you." You look down as your hands and sigh as you get started.

You try and concentrate, attempting to pull in heat with your so called mana. Your eyes closed, your hands a bit out stretched, you try and reach out for the heat around you and make a flame. For a brief moment as your eyes are closed, you can see the mana energy around you, but it's not too long after that you open your eyes and break your concentration. You mumble to yourself and Kaguya holds back a giggle from the other end of the courtyard.

"I see you're having trouble. Don't worry, it takes everyone a bit of time to master something like this. Magic isn't easy after all." You look at Kaguya with a diffuclt expression. She's definitely right.
"Oh come on, can't you help me or something? I don't know the first thing about summon fire or something..." Kaguya simply clasps her hands as she smiles at you way too cheerfully for it not to be spiteful.
"Sorry Sousha~ Good luck on your own~" Some teacher she is. You sigh in frustration as you keep going, attempting to gather heat into your hands. It just doesn't want to work though.
"Man, this is hard..." You look over and see Kaguya walking over to you a bit.
"I have something that might help Sousha. Pay attention to my hands." She shows you them, holding them up and turning them even to show that she's not hiding anything.
"What about them...?" You look at Kaguya curiously as she readies them.
"Watch them, and focus not on the physical matter, but the energy I'm drawing towards them..." She closes her eyes and you can see a ball of red light form in between her hands. But you know that's not what you're supposed to be focusing on. Instead, you try to concentrating and access your sixth sense, a periphal vision you haven't tapped into yet. Soon, you lose sight of the physical matter around you somewhat, and you can see a thin blue mist or fog radiate out of Kaguya. It's definitely thickest around her hands, and the mist is slowly being fed into the ball of light to sustain it. This must be the mana she was talking about.
"I see it...the mana you're producing..." You take a look at yourself with this, still trying to concentrate on seeing the mist. You're outputting at least a tenth of the mana she is. You look rather disappointed before looking back at Kaguya, who's smiling at you gently.
"Don't worry, as you get stronger, you'll have more mana, and the more you'll be able to do with it. It takes time, but I'm sure as soon as you get the basics down, Yukari can show you more then I ever could." You're almost unsure as to what she means by this, she did say she was gonna teach you everything she knew, right? Is she implying she doesn't know much? You can hardly believe this to be true, but you quickly shove this out of your mind and continue tring to focus your mana for now.

You take a few deep breaths and focus yourself, calming the nerves in your body and dedicating all the resources in your body towards generating this one flame. You can feel the soul and spirit within you move around at your will and you try directing it to your hands. It doesn't work the way you want it to however, as only small portions at a time will flow there, and by the time there would be enough built up, the excess mana that was there has flowed elsewhere. You grumble in frustration and open your eyes.

"This is hard, it's like it doesn't want-"
"-to stay there? I know how that feels, I had to get past that when I was learning magic too." You blink at her psychic prowess once again. You're beginning to think she really does have the innate ability to tell what you're thinking. However, when she giggles at your perplexed expression and says the next line, you start thinking otherwise.
"Relax Sousha, I know what you're thinking because you make it so obvious. Your face loves to change to reflect your mood very clearly." You look at her a bit weirdly, and that's when you realize she might be right. However, she turns your attention to more pressing matters. "Sousha, when you need to use your mana for something, the first step is always regulating the flow of your spirit to where you want it. It's not just about telling your spirit where to go, you need to control the flow of it throughout your whole body." You look at her for a while before looking down at yourself feeling helpless.
"How...would I do that though...?" Kaguya lifts up your head with a finger on your chin, smiling softly at you.
"Don't lose heart. Believe in yourself. It's your spirit...your mind controls it. Just think naturally and it'll come to you."

Being taught under Kaguya is rather interesting. Instead of dealing with things like a typical teacher would, she's treating you like a friend in need of help with something she's been through. She relates to you and tries to make you feel at ease, more calm. Maybe in magic this is what you need? She may not be the most efficent teacher, but she makes learning a lot less of a chore then you thought it would be. You then close your eyes and start focusing again, pouring your heart and soul into controlling the flow of spirit and mana in your body. You seem to be making progress, but there's something missing. You're speeding up the flow but you can't keep it at your hands. You almost stress out over what it could be but your relax yourself again and attempt this one more time. There has to be something you're not doing.

[ ] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari
[ ] The courage of all your friends; you'd be letting Sanae and Reisen down if you can't do this
[ ] Conjure the souls of youkai for this; your blood is what gives you your spirit
[ ] Food, you need food, you fight for food, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
>> No. 11880
[x] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari.

We're a good doggy.
>> No. 11881
[ ] The courage of all your friends; you'd be letting Sanae and Reisen down if you can't do this
>> No. 11882
{woof} The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari.
>> No. 11889
[x] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari
>> No. 11890
[☺] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari

A motherfucking STORM OF LOYALTY
>> No. 11892
File 122451726521.jpg - (299.40KB , 730x900 , 1221950934358.jpg ) [iqdb]
11892
[x] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari

LOYALTY
>> No. 11893
File 122451827288.jpg - (84.69KB , 850x802 , sample-b3ec85090d04c97d3905684f9813ad25.jpg ) [iqdb]
11893
[x] You're thinking about this too hard. You're doing this to be cool.
>> No. 11894
>>11893
I smiled.

[x] You're thinking about this too hard. You're doing this to be cool.
>> No. 11895
[X] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari
>> No. 11896
[x] You're thinking about this too hard. You're doing this to be cool.

This, I think, would please Yukari more than anything.
>> No. 11897
[x] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari

Sousha here, not Shirou
>> No. 11898
>Sousha here, not Shirou

What?
>> No. 11912
File 122454972917.jpg - (81.30KB , 500x500 , 1194440085459.jpg ) [iqdb]
11912
[x] The determination of someone helping their true master; you're doing this for Yukari

You know what you're doing this for. The whole reason why you're here, why you're doing this and everything in between. Yukari wanted you to do this, would she be happy if you failed? Certainly not. You gather up the determination and courage to control the flow of mana more powerfully and you can feel your own body's temperature raising. Upon concentrating much harder you can see your mana intensifying at your hands much more brightly and in a much greater volume. You've come so far now, all you have to do is manipulate your mana to attract heat. You're unsure of how to do this just yet until you remember some of Kaguya's words. You then start beleiving that your spirit is a magnet for heat all around you, and soon enough, you can see the mana at your hands start shining. It isn't too long after this that you hear Kaguya herself exclaim out. That's when you see it.

After opening your eyes you can see a small flame growing larger and larger very slowly in your hands. The look on your face is of total ecstacy. You finally did it! No words could explain the joys you're feeling right now due to your first real accomplishment here in Gensokyo. Maybe there's hope for you yet. You can see the little fire dance around in mid air in between your hands. With that, you take a look at your mana once more time. It seems to have thinned out but your control over it has already leaped so far, you can truly feel your ability to handle your own spirit now. With that, you try dispersing your mana and returning flow to it's original order and the flame disappates. You're quite certain ordinary humans wouldn't have been able to do that so easily, you thank your youkai blood in the back of your mind.

"That was great, Sousha! I'm surprised you were able to do it so fast, even for youkai being able to do something like that so soon is a great feat." You blink a few times, looking at her. Your expression is still of happiness but mixed with curiosity and bemusement now.
"Eh? Is that so? What does this mean?" Kaguya smiles at you quite cheerfully.
"It means you have great potential. I see why Yukari picked you. You might even be able to out power Ran one day." Your expression turns more to shock and even more confusion after that.
"Isn't...Ran, like, Yukari's first shikigami? Yukari herself is ridiculously strong, right? So..." Kaguya nods but reaffirms her confidence.
"Yes, but I see lots of great things coming from you. Ran may be strong but if you can keep this up, you'll definitely be stronger one day." That's quite a scary thought. You didn't imagine yourself to be Yukari's strongest shikigami, that's for sure. You find yourself looking down at the ground, feeling embarrassed and, well, modest to say the least.
"O-O-Oh come on, I can't be that good...I mean I've only just started..." Kaguya puts a hand on your shoulder.
"And that's exactly what led me to believe this. Being able to do something so soon, despite only having just been introduced to it. Yukari's judgement is very spot on." You can't help but look away, feeling your tsundereness wanting to burst through.
"Ehh, it's not like she matters all that much really, I mean don't get any weird ideas, I'm not just doing it for her..." Kaguya seems to hold back some sort of giggle before standing back.
"Right, well, let's continue. If you can advance so fast, then the most productive thing to do would be to take advantage of that."

With that, Kaguya continues teaching you into the evening. By the time the sky is orange, you've learned how to conjure a few different elements (ice, wind and electricity for one) and she has even shown you how to manipulate whatever magic your mana attracts. However, due to the genericness of how you're bringing forth the elements, it takes a huge amount of energy to really call forth enough of an element for it to be really useful. You've learned not much aside from the occasional fireball and lightning strike. You can't even make the ice or wind elements any sort of destructive at all. But Kaguya tells you that there will be a time for that later. For now, manipulating your mana comes first before using more complex spells and magic. After getting this down to some part, Kaguya takes out several targets for you to use.

"Since you've learned enough about how to control where your magic goes, I think it's about time to test you on it." You watch her as she sets up several scarecrow-like targets across the empty field in the courtyard. You look over and couldn't help but notice Eirin and Reisen sitting on the porch, watching you. How long have they been there? You can see Eirin smile and wave at you calmly as Reisen simply sips an oddly out of place juice box she's holding onto for dear life.
"Say, Master Kaguya..." You then look over at her. "Are you sure this is okay? I mean, I'm not too confident in my abilities quite yet..."
"Then be confident! Your mana will only agree with you if you agree with it." She puts down the last target. There's roughly eight of them. "Do you understand?" You sigh lightly.
"Yes, Master Kaguya..." You then look around the targets. They're scattered in a pretty random formation.
"Now Sousha, I want you to hit all these targets in the space of ten seconds." You look at her like she's crazy, she can't surely be serious.
"Ten seconds?!" Kaguya looks at you a bit puzzled.
"Is that too much? How about 5?" You need all the willpower i nthe world to keep your jaw from dropping, but somehow you manage.
"Are you joking?! I can barely even get a fireball up within a couple seconds! Please be easy on me Kaguya..." Kaguya wags her finger at you playfully, she's enjoying this too much.
"Ah ah~ That's Master Kaguya to you, Sousha. Now relax, you may not get this test right away, but it'll help you control the flow of your mana much faster. You know what they say, practice makes perfect." She smiles at you softly, though in a way that gives you the feeling she's getting quite a bit of pleasure from being on top of you like this.

After looking at the targets, you can deduce after a short while what order attack them would be most efficent, at least in your eyes. There's just the problem of being able to gather enough mana fast enough. You know you can't do that, but as Kaguya said, practice makes perfect...even if you might be stuck here all night trying to make your mana flow much faster. You wonder if all great magicians had to go through this kind of thing before examining your own mana. You seem to have exhausted a bit of it, but it seems to like regenerating at a fast pace, which is great. Maybe you could do this then. But then, there are other things on your mind as well.

[ ] Let's get this over with and start the training
[ ] Ask Kaguya about her own type of magic; those balls of light
[ ] Ask if you could take a break and sit next to Eirin and Reisen
[ ] Ask if you could excuse yourself and take a quick rest in your room
[ ] Ask whether or not it's dinner time; you're starving
>> No. 11917
>"Eh? Is that so? What does this mean?"

Sousha seems the type to say "Is that so~?" unironically.

>"Ehh, it's not like she matters all that much really, I mean don't get any weird ideas, I'm not just doing it for her..." Kaguya seems to hold back some sort of giggle before standing back.

Charisma check... Success!

>After looking at the targets, you can deduce after a short while what order attack them would be most efficent, at least in your eyes. There's just the problem of being able to gather enough mana fast enough. You know you can't do that, but as Kaguya said, practice makes perfect...even if you might be stuck here all night trying to make your mana flow much faster. You wonder if all great magicians had to go through this kind of thing before examining your own mana. You seem to have exhausted a bit of it, but it seems to like regenerating at a fast pace, which is great. Maybe you could do this then. But then, there are other things on your mind as well.

The 36th Chamber of Eientei

>[ ] Ask Kaguya about her own type of magic; those balls of light

Do want eventually, but for now we should stick to the basics.

[x] Let's get this over with and start the training

PEW PEW
>> No. 11919
[x] Let's get this over with and start the training
>> No. 11920
[x] Let's get this over with and start the training

We're gonna be here until we get things right. Questions can come when we're not in active training mode.
>> No. 11923
[x] Let's get this over with and start the training

When are we going to meet Ran and Chen?
>> No. 11929
{X} Let's get this over with and start the training

Only good doggies get treats.
>> No. 11938
I'll start this update with a bit of info; the way this story will work is that you'll have an introductory period defining the protoganist (Sousha in this playthrough), consisting of three "missions" given to you by Yukari. You'll meet Ran and Chen before this introductory phase is over but you won't get a chance to interact with them much. When the introductory phase is over, the world and story will expand much broader and you'll have more free will until near the end of the story where you're starting to seal a route. Until then, sit tight. You'll have many more chances to interact with the Yakumo family then any other non-yakumo character, and considering how long the introductory phase is without them, that's saying something.

tl;dr: The meat of the story will contain much more 10% love so be patient.

[x] Let's get this over with and start the training

You take a deep breath and ready yourself for this. Relaxing all the nerves in your body gives your mana better chance to regenerate faster before you start your rigorous training. You can see Eirin eagerly awaiting to see what you'll come up with and Reisen herself looks to be content watching you train. Kaguya, meanwhile, has approached you with a bit of a worried look on her face.

"Are you okay? You can take a break before you attempt this, you know." You shake your head and give her a confident smile.
"No, I'm fine. I can do this. Just watch!" Kaguya then abacks down and sits next to Eirin back on the porch.
"I wish you good luck then, Sousha!" You then turn your attention back to the targets. It's go time.

You start by practicing channeling your mana to your hands quickly. It starts off as a very difficult procedure, maybe one you're not quite ready for yet. So you put it off and simply go about seeing how well you can hit the targets first. After generating a ball of fire in between your hands, you cock back ready to throw it like the best baseball pitcher in Gensokyo. However, when you toss it, you realize just how little that is actually saying, as when you fling your arm, nothing flies ahead of you. You end up looking up and nearly singing yourself with your own fire as you dodge the falling flame and it sizzles on the ground to an ember. You can practically feel yourself shrink as you feel that Kaguya, Eirin and Reisen are probably laughing their asses off at your spectacular fail. You don't let it get you down though as you face the targets with a better plan.

You put your hands together and make another ball of flame. It takes a bit less time this time and you can see how you're supposed to develop a faster casting time now. With that new knowledge, you set your current goal to simply hitting the targets as well as you can. You cock back in a better throwing position now, much better for something like, say, a mage. After all, this ball of fire is going to be much lighter then a baseball, and aside from that, you'll have your own mana to propel it too. Then the idea strikes you as you're about to toss it. Don't let your body throw your magic, let your mana do the hard work for you. Brilliant idea! You then smoothly fling your hand forward, using it only to point the fire in the correct direction instead of making sure it gets there. That job you leave for your mana, as the moment it leaves your hand, you produce a strong push in the flow of your mana towards your hand, and sure enough, it works. The fireball flies with great trajectory and speed, soaring through the air like a graceful hawk...into the ground. The fireball managed to reach the targets, and in fact, flies right past every one of them, careening into the ground. Another mishap.

You sigh as you get yourself revved up for attempt number three at this. You know how to throw magic efficently now, you just need to practice aiming. You make another fireball in your hands and toss it with the same method you used before. As it's flying towards the targets you make another fireball and throw it with your left arm, as your torso as twisted in it's direction throwing the previous fireball. Immediately you can tell you're right handed, as the fireball you tossed with your left arm flies way off to the side, while the one you threw with your right hand at least makes it to the targets before falling to the ground. You then sigh deeply and start realizing this isn't exactly going to be as easy as you thought. You begin repeatedly creating flames and throwing them at the targets, occasionally hitting one. After a while, you're doing great, your aiming gets a lot better once you realize the fine control of using both your hand and your mana to direct the fireball's flight path. However, despite how many times you're making these damn spheres of heat, the time it takes to make one hasn't improved by leaps and bounds. At least, not by the amount you'd like it to be in order to complete this silly trial.

You sit on the ground crosslegged and try and think up a plan. There has to be a way for you to hit all the targets in such a tiny amount of time. You briefly look over to Kaguya and the others to see what they're doing. You can see Kaguya and Eirin chatting away while trying to keep on eye on you. More or less probably talking about how silly you look right now. Reisen meanwhile seems to be looking at you rather enjoying herself. Most likely holding back some giggling about how cute you look as such an utter failure. You then look back at the targets trying to figure out a way past this. No sense dawdling on details like that. You then finally stumble across an excellent idea. There's no way you'd be able to throw a fireball every second without weeks and potentially months of practice, so why not create multiple fireballs and throw them all at once? That sounds like it might just work. It'll be stupendously hard to control the path of all the fireballs all at once, but this is the best option you have at the moment.

You then stand up. You're ready for this now. You start making a fireball in your hands. Smooth as ever, you're quite used to this now. You then set it aside in front of you and make sure it stays in the air for at least a brief amount of time. You then get to work on creating a second fireball, which also goes well. You set it next to the previous fireball and make sure both stay afloat. Next, the third one gets made. However, when you're done with that, and go to set the third fire ball next to the others, you notice the first one is gone! After a bit of puzzling yourself over what happened to it, you can see the second one slowly disappating as well. What a bummer. You quickly give up on that idea before you end up hearing Kaguya in the distance, on the porch.

"You'll have to think more cleverly then that, Sousha! Magic won't stay there unless you help it or use a spell!"

You huff slightly. You don't know any spells yet so it looks like you'll have to be more creative then that. You look at the targets determinely. You have to do this. If for no one else, for Yukari's sake. She's depending on you. (For what you don't know however) You start the usual training again while thinking of some way to get past this. Just simply tossing more and more fire at the targets, hoping you can get the flow of your mana to make more fireballs at a faster pace. The exercise is wearing your mana a bit thin, however. You can feel this for certain.

[ ] Put more heart into it, concentrate with all your mighty soul
[ ] Maybe trying another element would work
[ ] Take a short break; this is good enough for now
[ ] Write-in how you would deal with the targets
>> No. 11940
[x] Maybe instead of individual fireballs, you can conjure up a continuous gout of flame? It might use up the rest of your mana quickly, but you'd be able to sweep it over the targets fast and without really having to aim.
>> No. 11941
How disappointing.

The way fanon usually depicts Kaguya as a NEET, I was expecting her to make us say "Trace on!" or "Raising Heart!"
>> No. 11942
>>11941
>The way fanon usually depicts Kaguya as a NEET, I was expecting her to make us say "Trace on!" or "Raising Heart!"
>"Raising Heart!"
>Raising

(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
>> No. 11945
{X} Maybe instead of individual fireballs, you can conjure up a continuous gout of flame? It might use up the rest of your mana quickly, but you'd be able to sweep it over the targets fast and without really having to aim.
>> No. 11952
[ゆ] Maybe instead of individual fireballs, you can conjure up a continuous gout of flame? It might use up the rest of your mana quickly, but you'd be able to sweep it over the targets fast and without really having to aim.
Flamethrower! Now all we need is furrie... nevermind.
>> No. 11956
[x] Maybe instead of individual fireballs, you can conjure up a continuous gout of flame? It might use up the rest of your mana quickly, but you'd be able to sweep it over the targets fast and without really having to aim.

Need a light?
>> No. 11965
File 122467140068.jpg - (27.42KB , 500x250 , 1194816498621.jpg ) [iqdb]
11965
[x] Maybe instead of individual fireballs, you can conjure up a continuous gout of flame? It might use up the rest of your mana quickly, but you'd be able to sweep it over the targets fast and without really having to aim.

You start thinking of a bit more of a creative way to hit all the targets. You then look at your hands. Sure, you can conjure up a simple fireball, but can you go bigger then that? It's rather ambitious for someone as inexperienced for you, but it's the only reasonable way to hit the targets. You start focusing your mana again and creating a fireball in your hands once more, but instead of stopping there, you continuously keep gathering more heat at the fireball and it seems to grow larger. You then open your eyes and look at the targets. They won't know what hit them. Feeling more then confident now, you pull back, the bright ball of flame in your hands leaving a short trail as you ready yourself and your mana to almost literally be ignited. That's when it happens. The unthinkable.

You thrust your hands forward and unleash a mighty jet of fire towards the targets. However, your control over it is practically immediately thrown to the way side due to your method. Since you're unable to gather so much heat in such little time (as shown by how long it takes to make a simple fireball) you let your mana literally fuel the fire by more than forcibly pushing it into the fire while propelling it. It works very well, maybe too well in fact. The surge of spirit causes the flame to expand and grow a massive tail as you sweep it across a few targets. However, it sweeps not because you wanted it to. Almost as soon as you unleashed hell's fury upon it, the mana you unloaded into it does indeed catch fire, and since the mana you fed it leads straight to your body, like all good flammable stuff, the fires turn on you and you end up backing away in a panic, trying to keep the flames from engulfing you in it's hot grasp. It's too late though, the fire spreads faster then wildfire and is quick to approach you before you can get away.

In all this resulting chaos, the rest of the flames has totally gone out of control, no longer going for the targets but just simply spreading everywhere they please. This was an experiment that went far more then awry. However, just before the flames of wrath completely eat you up, there's a bright light to the side as you hear a loud shining type sound. Following a whizzing. That gets loud. Very quickly. You realize that whatever it was, it tore right through the fire that was about to enshroud you and flies right by you. Suddenly, the flames disperse and you look over to your left side, and see an arrow pinned to a tree. The area on the tree around the arrow is covering in light ice. You then look back at the side that the arrow came from and you see Eirin holding a large, black bow with orbs at the ends, very recently used. Eirin is certainly in the correct stance for it. Very soon after that, Kaguya rushes over to your side as you're inspecting your own losses. Not very bad for someone who came close to invoking Agni's fury.

"Sousha! Are you okay?! You shouldn't be doing something so dangerous with magic unless you know what you're doing..." You sigh and sulk a bit. You feel like this is the thirtieth time something inventive you thought of has fallen flat.
"I know...I'm sorry..." You look at Kaguya and assess the situation one more time. She looks very worried. Hell, you would be too, if you found out your first student had nearly killed himself day one into training.
"It's alright, but please try to pace yourself. You're only just starting, something so powerful isn't something you're capable of controlling yet. Magic isn't something you master in a day." You can't help but look away, feeling scolded. Your current expression is certainly not one of satisfaction.
"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll be careful next time." You can catch a hint of Kaguya looking at you a bit upset. But not in you, in herself more seemingly. It's a bit easy for you to tell.
"I'm sorry Sousha, I should've been more involved with teaching you. Maybe you should take a break for now and rest up a bit? Later we can all have dinner and you can try this again with more energy." You sigh and look at yourself. Since the fire was more then happy to gobble up your mana, it's pretty easy to tell you won't be able to do much in this condition. You just give up resisting.
"Alright, alright...I'm sorry Master Kaguya. It won't happen again." You catch a quick glimpse of Eirin looking a tad careful before walking back into the mansion, followed by a worrying Reisen. Seems she didn't enjoy your fireworks, reasonable since she was the one that had to fix it. While catching this quick glimpse you still notice Kaguya shaking her head and looking at you.
"No, I should be the one that's sorry. I should've warned you beforehand and tried helping you through doing this. Come on, you need some rest." You almost feel your heart jump as you feel Kaguya's gentle tug on your sleeve, trying to get you to follow her back into the mansion. It feels so innocent and weak, like some little girl begging her daddy to come with her to see the rides at an amusement park. It probably makes sense that Kaguya is so gentle, being a princess. But it still took you quite off guard. Your only feasible reaction is by looking away, hiding the blush on your face while grumbling.
"Mrh, yeah yeah, I'm coming. Not like I really care or anything." You can feel your heart twinge after saying that, that was rude and stupid to say. Fortunately, Kaguya seems to ignore it and just starts up an idle chat with you along the way back to the mansion and through it's halls.
"You know, as reckless as that was, if you were a lot more experienced then that would've been a pretty ingenious thing to do. I never honestly would've thought of that myself." You just look away again, this time a bit more towards the sky.
"Eh, it was nothing really. And don't say that about yourself, not that it means anything to me." Kaguya looks at you a bit weirdly before just smiling at you.
"Relax, it's alright." You're honestly unsure of what this means exactly. "But, just try not to over exert yourself next time and I'm sure you'll do it. This is more about simply building your mana and strength for the magic flow first before learning how to do anything complex with it. Once you can control your mana much more freely, you'll be able to do things you've never imagined." You're studying her facial expression as she says this. She definitely sounds honest. It seems with becoming your teacher, she's loosened up a bit around you. You're not sure if she's naturally kind or if it's just you, but this is pretty nice either way.
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." Soon, the two of you reach your room and Kaguya makes sure (about another 2 times) if you're really alright. After sending her off, you go into your room and sigh deeply, flopping onto your prepared futon. Quite a far cry from the comfort your body really wants right now, but it'll do.

You lift your hands up, studying the damages you've attained being silly out during training. It's quite fortunate that the flames only got to your hands. If Eirin not acted a second sooner, your whole body would be singed right now. You sigh looking at your hands, looking a bit of a mess now. Light burns everywhere. Even the edges of your now tattered sleeves were darkened by the mighty flames of justice. You're lucky your clothes themselves didn't catch fire. You touch one of the burns on your hands a bit and immediately retract with a silent exclamation of "ow." Yeah, it definitely doesn't feel all that good. Hopefully it doesn't leave scars or anything. For now, you definitely would rather think of anything but fire at the moment. It's assured that memory has left it's mark, both on your body and in your mind. Before considering taking a short nap though, you hear something.
>> No. 11966
File 122467158425.jpg - (40.96KB , 327x519 , 1192887357422.jpg ) [iqdb]
11966
A knocking. You look over at the door. Due to the majority of the light being in your room and not out, you can't tell who it is so you simply just invite them in by telling them to come in. The door slowly slides open and you somewhat shocked and bemused expression comes forth upon seeing who it is. But more then that, what causes it is how they entered. Reisen stands there looking embarrassed, nervous and worried all at once, and what's more, she's holding a small, white box by the handle in both her hands after she closes the door behind her. She looks at you with that same expression and it simply evades you what you did to earn this seemingly rare sight.

"Sousha...I know you're hurt. Let me see your hands." When she tells you this, it becomes clear what's in the white box. You then sigh as you sit up right and roll up your singed sleeves a bit.
"Alright, did Eirin send you here?" Reisen goes over to you and sits down in front of you, opening the white box to confirm that yes indeed, it's a med kit.
"No, actually...I asked her for the first aid kit to help you because I was worried...she didn't want me to though so that you'd learn your lesson." You cringe a bit as Reisen applies some sort of gel-like substance to your hands. It's extremely cold.
"Learn my lesson? What does that mean? Is she really angry at me?" Reisen shakes her head, mostly concentrating on treating you however.
"Mmm, no I wouldn't say that. She's probably just a bit annoyed that you were careless like that. I tried talking sense into her but I think she's mostly miffed because you almost destroyed a part of the mansion she owns." You feel a bit bad now. So Eirin is indeed the owner of the place.
"Eh...I should go apologize to her later. That was a bad mistake on my part." Reisen shakes her head again and smiles at you.
"No, don't worry about it. If need be, I can talk to her. She's a very forgiving person so, I sure she'll have the heart to treat you like normal again soon." After this, she dabs and rinses your hands in another mysterious liquid. It stings a lot more but at least it isn't very cold.
"Ah, well, thanks for worrying about me then I guess, Reisen..." You can see a faint blush across her face as she smiles brighter at you from that comment.
"You're welcome, Sousha. You've treated me well since you've come over so I thought I'd return the favor at least." You smile right back and close your eyes, and you can feel the softness and warmth of Reisen's body against yours as you embrace her softly. Being able to hold a living being sooths and relaxes your soul. It isn't long until you realize this is just another silly fantasy and Reisen tells you all done. You look at your now bandaged hands. Not bad. Gives you that badass look. Almost.
"Ahh, much better..." You stretch and move around your hands and fingers. "Thanks again Reisen. This really helps." Reisen just hands you back a warm smile.
"No problem. If you ever get hurt again or need medical attention, me and Eirin are here. You'll always be welcome here." You can't help but genuinely smile at that. It's very comforting to know, just like back when you were with Sanae.
"Thank you, Reisen. That means a lot to me." Feeling all this kindness and clinginess is about to drive you over the edge, so before you lunge over and kiss her or something, you just simply lean over and give her a nice, warm hug.
"Uhh...S-S-Sousha..." You blink a couple times before breaking off the hug and looking a rather flushed bunny in your hands. "Th-Th-Th-Thanks, I suppose..." You then quickly take your hands off her and look away, a bit embarrassed.
"S-Sorry, just had to." Reisen just shakes her head in a rather forceful way. It catches your attention and you see her smiling at you again just as warmly as before.
"No, it's alright, I enjoyed it." Huh, sounds like she doesn't get too many hugs around here yourself. You're about to inquire about this until Reisen leans over and gives you a very quick peck on the cheek before getting up and excusing herself. "I'll talk to you later Sousha, alright? I gotta make dinner. You rest up now!" You just sit there with a blank and shocked look on your face. After the door is closed, it still takes you a few moments to respond. And that responce is falling over on your back, with your legs still frozen in a crossed legged fashion in the air. It's only until a while after that, that you finally relax and the rest of your appendages just flop on the floor. Never did you think you'd get the attention of someone like that so quickly. Maybe it's the natural youkai energy making great chemistry, or something.

However, the shock is very easily discarded and it takes you very little time for you to lay around your futon bored once more. Your mana is taking it's sweet time coming back to you. You must've exhausted a huge amount back at the training incident. You sigh and roll around a bit, looking out the window. Still around the afternoonish time. Probably a couple hours before dinner still. You take a look at your hands and check out the handiwork done on them. Reisen must play nurse for Eirin pretty often, this was very well done. You're pretty sure that you'll be able to continue using your hands full time pretty soon again. Speaking of which, part of you feels rather frustrated. You grumble to yourself as try and readjust your clothing in an attempt to falter the hormones but it doesn't do you a whole world of good. You definitely can't stick around like this, best way to get your mind off it is to do something else totally unrelated.

[ ] Go see Kaguya
[ ] Go check up on Eirin
[ ] Reisen might want help with getting dinner
[ ] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2
[ ] Sleep to restore more of your spirit, you'll need it

------

I am so, truly, terribly sorry if it seems like this update is continuing my famed habit of cruelly rejecting write-ins in a manner that makes anon sound stupid. This just sounded like the most logical outcome to me. To make it up to you, I included some pity from Kaguya and Reisen to show that I'm a lot more lenient as far as choices go, especially write-ins. (Maybe this leans the difficult more towards easy then normal now? Or Normal-Easy? Let's just call it Normal and have silly difficulties past Hard like Nightmare and Knee Deep in Your Own Death.)

That said, I'm going to tease you guys and say there's a potential H scene comin' up. But only if you're extremely lucky.
>> No. 11967
>>11966

Hey, man, there's fair and there's stupidly strict. What we got was some progression - if we gain power through practice, then we just practiced with a much bigger force (If only for a moment) and it'll show in our further experiences. We also learned a bit about our own limits, got a level up in Kaguya's teaching skills, and learned some things about how the mansion works.

That said, maximum stat gains etc.
[X] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2

It went so well the first time.
>> No. 11974
>"No, it's alright, I enjoyed it." Huh, sounds like she doesn't get too many hugs around here yourself. You're about to inquire about this until Reisen leans over and gives you a very quick peck on the cheek before getting up and excusing herself. "I'll talk to you later Sousha, alright? I gotta make dinner. You rest up now!"

heh heh heheheheh

[x] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2
>> No. 11978
{X} Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2

Sousha the Wanderer.
>> No. 11982
[x] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2
>> No. 11983
[X] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2
*shrug*
>> No. 11984
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAKSBKI7l8A
>> No. 11997
File 122471642870.png - (43.01KB , 711x836 , flamesousha.png ) [iqdb]
11997
:<
>> No. 11999
>>11997

I see what you did there.

And I approve.
>> No. 12000
[X] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2
>> No. 12002
[x] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2

>I am so, truly, terribly sorry if it seems like this update is continuing my famed habit of cruelly rejecting write-ins in a manner that makes anon sound stupid.

Don't worry about it, this turned out pretty well and believable.
>> No. 12011
File 122476086371.jpg - (59.72KB , 650x620 , 1196993706681.jpg ) [iqdb]
12011
[X] Aimless Wandering of Eientei: Act 2

Not in any particular mood to be visiting anyone right at the moment, you decide to simply just wander about again, as you were. As if some outside force that constantly picks at itself and picks the weirdest times to do so were controlling you, you robotically stand up and leave out your room, and proceed to wander it's eternal halls once more. Your legs walk mindlessly for you as your mind drifts away, your eyes and facial expression totally blank. You could swear you pass by a few rabbits and even Eirin as you walk, but your brain completely shuts everything else out as you walk through the halls. It's a very mundane and slow experience. You just look like some emotionless robot as you walk across all corners of Eientei. The extremely long hallways and paths don't falter you none, your legs don't give in the slightest no matter how far you have to walk.

Then it hits you. You stop suddenly in your tracks as you examine the hallway that you're in. You're quite certain of it now. The mansion is warped. There is no possible way that all the interior halls could match how the outside looks. You know this after thinking about what it looked like from the outside when you were training with Kaguya. Nothing matches, the outside and inside are seemingly from two different worlds. Yet, one can freely see into the other as if this weren't true. You're very confused now. You start walking much faster until you reach the large area of the courtyard, as usual, like the rest of the giant area, it borders with the mansion. But how is this so? From all the porches you've seen, this would mean that the mansion borders the courtyard five times, but from the outside it only has four sides. You nearly faint from this paradoxal mansion before deiciding to take a step outside.

Yes indeed, the mansion from the outside seemingly has four porches leading out into the courtyard. Maybe you counted one too many as you were walking through the inside? The interior is quite confusing, much like a maze. Though from the size, and through how much you've walked, you'd have to say there's at least a FEW areas where there would be a crossing, and yet there is none. It is as if space itself has bended to someone's will and made the impossible, very possible. Is this Eirin's doing? Is this a measure of how much power she truly holds? As you walk a bit slowly around the courtyard, studying the mansion from the outside, you start feeling regretful about your choice of teachers. Eirin could potentially be much stronger then Kaguya. If this was her doing, it would definitely be a fact. Before you continue much further, your intense train of though is brought to a screeching halt as you stop suddenly, and see a little rabbit girl in a pink dress peering up at you.

"Hey! Spacing out again? You're in the way." You look at Tewi a bit regretful that you had to run into her here before sighing.
"In the way of what?" Tewi crosses her arms.
"Can't you see? My comrades' football game!" You blink for a moment before looking past her. Sure enough, there's a formation of a whole bunch of rabbit youkai far behind her, helmets and everything. One particular one is carrying a good ol' pigskin with black paint markings across her face, worse yet, she has visible muscles. You rub your eyes in an attempt to wash away this crazy illusion (that you're sure you'll never unsee) before looking back at Tewi.
"Oh come on, am I really getting in the way, this courtyard is big you know." Tewi just shoots you a dissatisfied glare.
"Yeah and we want to play here. If your skull too thick to process that? We've always played here!" You grumble, rolling your eyes.
"Why do I have to put up with this, I'm a guest..." Tewi growls at you, looking up at you. She's getitng noticably angry.
"Just cos you're a guest doesn't mean you get to do whatever you please! If someone came to your home as a guest and pissed on your floor, would you allow that?" You look at her unimpressed with the example given to you.
"No, but do you see me lifting up my leg and doing said action?"
"No but I certainly wouldn't put it past you, doggy boy." Oh, now you're set off. You put one hand on your hip and look at her in that 'aw naw ya di'int' way.
"Oh yeah? At least I eat on a plate. Go back to your rabbit bowl." Tewi crosses her arms, accepting your challenge.
"On a plate? I'm pretty sure you just eat whatever's thrown on the floor. Including your own feces."
"That's more well suited for a monkey like you."
"Monkeys aren't as slender and agile as I."
"You're right, you're more like an annoying fly that just takes up space."
"Look who's talking, ronin."
"That's where you're wrong, at least I'm getting education. I doubt you haven't had any in your life."
"You're talking to someone who lives next to a damn scientist and doctor."
"As a pet and nothing more."
"And who do you think you are?"

You're about to retort with something when you realize she's probably right. You're a slave to Yukari and practically Kaguya and even Eirin too. Who's to say you aren't their pets?

"Rgh, fine, fine, you win." Tewi pops on a huge, devilish grin, looking like she's storing another victory amongst her tens of thousands.
"Now you see? I'm much more clever then you took me for, isn't the right?" You look at her rather unsatisfied with yourself.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You won THIS time." Tewi puts her hands behind her head while looking away nonchalantly.
"Uh-huh, sure sure. Are you gonna vamoose now?"

You take a quick look up at the sky. You weren't wandering for very long. The ball's in your court now, so staying for something might not be a bad idea. Besides, Tewi is expecting an answer from you, and boy is she even impatient with how slow you respond. Better make it snappy.

[ ] "I will, but first I want you to tell me what's up with the mansion."
[ ] "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."
[ ] "Can I stay and watch instead? I'm bored anyway."
[ ] "F-Fine, jeez. It's not like I like going back and forth with you anyway. Don't get smart."
[ ] "Yeah I don't have time for this anyway, goodbye."
>> No. 12012
[X] "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."

This option was made for me.
>> No. 12013
{X} "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."
{X} Run away before she can come up with a retort.
>> No. 12014
[x] "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."

I was going to go for the exposition, but it seems this was my only path.
>> No. 12016
[X] "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."

As I turned and left the room, a gust of wind blew through, and the Akagi OP hummed gently in the background.
>> No. 12017
X} "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."
{X} Run away before she can come up with a retort.

funny image!!
>> No. 12018
[X] "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."

Why did you even bother giving us other options?
>> No. 12036
[x] "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."
>> No. 12037
[X] "Don't get your panties all up in a knot, though I doubt you wear any."

:awesome:

Only Sousha is immature enough to fight Tewi on her own level.