[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121288408070.jpg - (48.89KB , 495x587 , ran004.jpg ) [iqdb]
4906 No. 4906
[X] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.

***

You can't help but feel for Ran when she looks so exhausted. Swinging by one of the buffet tables to pick up a glass of water, you make your way over and take a seat beside her.

"Hey Ran."

Her only response is a sort of choked gurgling noise. That's not a good sign.

"Would you like a glass of water? I grabbed this off one of the tabl--"

Ran's hand snakes out in a flash, ripping the glass straight out of your hand. She throws back the water like it was a shot. Probably not the best method to cool off, but she seems a bit too dazed to think straight, so you don't say anything about it.

"Would you like another?"

She reaches over and grabs your collar, letting out a stuttered whine. Seems she still isn't coherent enough to say anything meaningful. You get up and bring her another glass of water, which she again throws back like a shot. The process repeats itself self several times before Ran finally slows down and sips at her water instead of sucking it down in less than second.

"Thank," she gasps for breath, "thank you for that." She groans a little and pulls herself up in her seat, opting to slide forward onto the table instead of her chair. You nod and take a seat beside her again, sitting in silence as she pants loudly. "Oh, oh, oh I feel terrible. Working in the netherworld is such a pain."

"Really? Is it different working here than it is elsewhere?"

"Yes," Ran groans loudly, "as a living creature, this place saps a lot of my strength. I normally wouldn't be so tired after something as minor as this."

Minor? She was working pretty damn fast. What does she have to put up with that this could be minor?

"Well, you certainly earned some rest. The party's going to be soon, right? You should just relax for now."

Ran whimpers and looks up at you. "I," she gulps loudly, "I have to clean up after the party, too." Her shoulders begin to shake, and wordless tears start pouring out of her eyes. You reach over and rub her shoulder gingerly in an attempt to placate her.

"Well, I may not be much help, but I'll try to clean up some as well."

Ran nods and sinks back down to the table, sobbing quietly. When she first showed up she seemed really stern and strong. Maybe she's a bit less stable than you'd thought. Looking for some way to calm her down, you glance down and see her hat laying on the floor. Picking it up, you rub her shoulder again to get her attention.

"Hey, Ran, you dropped your hat."

The sobbing stops immediately, and you can hear a trembling whisper from her.

"I lost my hat?"

"Yes."

She sits up very slowly, and turns to stare at you with a vacant look in her eyes. She reaches up with a shaky hand, and runs the tip of one of her ears between her fingers. A sort of horrified recognition crosses her face as she stares at the hat in your hand.

"Ran?"

She starts to tremble, and her eyes begin to water again. A bright blush creeps across her face.

"NOOOO!" She wails loudly and shoots to her feet, knocking you over as she yanks her hat out of your hands and onto her head. She tugs it down as though it were in danger of flying away at any second, and she flees the scene at high speed, leaving a trail of glittering tears hanging in the air behind her.

What just happened?

"Ah, that girl has such a complex about people seeing her ears." Yukari is leaning over you, hanging out of one of those weird gaps again. "Ah, she was so cute when she was little, you know! Tearing up every time someone pulled her hat off!" Yukari is wearing the expression of a proud, if nostalgic parent. "Anyway, come and take a seat while we wait for the guests to come."

You experience a falling sensation, and suddenly find yourself in the chair to Yuyuko's right. One of Yukari's gaps is hanging in the air above you - she must have used it to move you across the room. Peering into it from this close is a little unsettling, as it looks... wrong, somehow. It's not normal. Unnatural. Thankfully, the strange thing snaps shut and you don't have to watch it any longer.

"So then, mister man of the hour," Yuyuko turns to you, her fan open and hiding her expression again, "the guests will be arriving any minute now. Any questions before we get underway?"

You glance at the sky - it's getting quite dark. You probably don't have time for too many questions.

[ ] Ask if there's anything you're expected to do.

[ ] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.

[ ] Ask about how long the party's going to last.

[ ] Ask if Ran's going to be alright, running off like that.

[ ] Don't ask anything.

***

In case it isn't obvious, you only have time to choose one thing to do.

>> No. 4907
{X} Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.
>> No. 4908
[ ] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.

OH WOW.
>> No. 4909
[ ] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.
>> No. 4910
[X] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.

Gensokyo intel GET
>> No. 4911
[x] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.
>> No. 4912
[x] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.

Oh we have to use this to tease Ran in the future.
>> No. 4913
>>4212

Don't be cruel to the poor girl.

[ ] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.
>> No. 4914
[x] Ask if there's anything you're expected to do.
[x] Ask if you can have a private party with her once this one is over.
>> No. 4915
>>4913

Here. Directed at >>4912
>> No. 4916
[] Ask if there's anything you're expected to do.

For all we know, there might be a game of trying to beat the newcomer in danmaku. Which would suck, because we don't have that yet.
>> No. 4917
File 121288537520.jpg - (587.52KB , 1600x1200 , suwako.jpg ) [iqdb]
4917
>>4916
Let's play a game of danmaku, ghostnoymous!
>> No. 4919
>>4917
ohgodflashbacksnotgoodleftrightnorightleftleftLEFT.
>> No. 4927
[ ] Ask if there's anything you're expected to do.

Loving neurotic over worked Ran here by the way
>> No. 4929
File 121288739832.jpg - (135.75KB , 363x500 , bff4f8554fbef73e4327fd1e1f10101d.jpg ) [iqdb]
4929
[X] Ask if there's anything you're expected to do.

Patchwork. You've made me love Ran even more. Screw Lyrica, screw Youmu, I want Ran.
...But tell me, is there a Lunasa route? She is a wonderful person.
>> No. 4930
[ ] Ask if Ran's going to be alright, running off like that.
>> No. 4931
>>4929
Yeah, the Yuyuko route is available. Don't worry.
>> No. 4932
[X] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.
[X] Ask if you can have a private party with her once this one is over.

With cake, and hats!
>> No. 4934
[X] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.
>> No. 4935
[X] Ask if there's anything you're expected to do.
If there's anyone we need to watch out for, well, we'll run into them anyhow now won't we?
The private party line is best saved for afterwards, saying it now will invite Yukari to tease us forever. Unless that's what you want, of course.
>> No. 4936
Alright, yeah, asking who to look out for nabs it.

>>4929

There's a route for each of the Prismrivers. Granted, all of them end with you scoring all three sisters if you play your cards right, but which sister is the focus can change depending on what you do.

Also, good to see everyone enjoying the overworked and slightly unstable Ran.
>> No. 4937
>>Granted, all of them end with you scoring all three sisters if you play your cards right

I believe almost nobody actually cares for Merlin. But then again, that's just me.
>> No. 4938
>>4936

I would love going for a Lyrica route, I like the way you write her. Merlin, however, is just a slut. And while there's nothing wrong with Lunasa herself, we already have a SRS BSNS girl (Youmu).
>> No. 4939
Needs moar Youmu.
>> No. 4940
Merlin is the number one reason to not pick Sakuya when you play PCB.

For that alone she's a whore and should fuck off.
>> No. 4941
[x] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.

I imagine since Mima's here, it'll be a fun party.
>> No. 4942
File 121289512068.jpg - (108.10KB , 502x707 , c0383c756b0219ee877d089a87580748.jpg ) [iqdb]
4942
>>4937

I guess I'm the almost part of that. Her sluttiness in this story is a bit of a turn-off, however.
>> No. 4943
File 121289617210.jpg - (294.94KB , 1280x1024 , YuyuYukari003.jpg ) [iqdb]
4943
Are you all so sure that Merlin's a slut? You haven't gotten all that close to her, or even spent any time alone with her.

Ah, but that's best saved for her route, now isn't it?

***

[X] Ask if there's anyone you should watch out for once the party starts.

***

"Is there anyone I should watch out for once the party starts?"

"Anyone you should watch out for?" All three women chorus together. You can see a devious grin spread across Mima's face, and while their fans block Yuyuko and Yukari's expressions from view, you get the distinct feeling that they're wearing the same expression.

"There's this one little girl with horns, who's always carrying around a gourd of sake. She's a complete lightweight, though! If she challenges you to a drinking match, you should definitely accept!" Mima leans across the table, and her grin almost looks vicious.

"And a very hardworking redhead who carries a scythe! She's a shinigami, and she takes her job so seriously that she never has time for anything else! If you challenge her to a game of something, there's absolutely no way that you can lose!" Yuyuko's voice sounds completely serious, but her eyes betray her.

"Oh, don't forget about that flower woman! She boasts about her strength all the time, but she's actually quite weak. Don't worry if she tries to start a fight with you, you can take her!" Yukarin, you couldn't look more devious if you tried.

Liars. Every last one of them.

"In all seriousness, though," Yuyuko suddenly looks a bit more grave, "there's one girl who--"

"Alright, ghost princess. Where's this guest of yours?" A sharp voice draws your attention to the southern entrance to the garden. Standing there, hands on her hips in a show of irritation, is a girl dressed... sort of like a miko? Her outfit is a dress and top in vivid reds, with a yellow necktie hanging from her collar. Her white sleeves are, strangely, detached from the rest of her outfit. There's a big red bow in her black hair, drawing it into a short ponytail.

"About time you showed up, Reimu!" Mima calls, leaning back in her chair and kicking her feet up onto the table. "Shrine's boring as hell when you're out, you know that? I actually had to come here early, just to find some entertainment."

"I'm sure you'd know all about how boring hell is, you evil witch." Wow, harsh words from this Reimu girl. "Is this idiot the guest?" She makes a gesture to you, while insulting you to your face. Ouch. Just who is this.

"Yep, this kid's the one. He's a scream, too!" Mima seems unfazed by Reimu's poor manners.

"Right, then. You!" Reimu marches up to you and seizes a handful of your jacket, pulling you out of your seat slightly so that you're face to face with her. "You make any trouble in Gensokyo, and I'll seal your spirit into the first toilet I find. Clear?"

"Crystal." You manage to catch yourself before you tack on the 'bitch.' Reimu nods and releases you, then pulls up a chair next to Mima. What the hell's her problem, anyway?

"My Reimu is as rude and discurteous as ever!" Yukari looks happy to see this girl, and she moves to hug Reimu. Reimu responds by holding up a paper amulet of some kind, and holding Yukari at arm's-length with it. "Hey, Reimu! Come on! Give Yukarin a hug!"

"I'm in no mood, you old hag! Now get out of the border of my personal space! I want a gap between us!"

"Reimun!"

"Don't just make up names for me!"

As the two continue to squabble with one another, you turn to Yuyuko. She gives you an apologetic look, but doesn't say anything. You get a hunch that Reimu must act like that all the time.

Still, if this girl just came in, then...

You look over to the various entrances and see that a small trickle of people has started in. There's someone that looks like a witch, with a couple different girls trailing her who try to hide the fact and fail miserably. There's a little girl with bat wings over there, with a woman in a... French maid outfit? There's a little girl with big horns sticking out of her hair, carrying a purple gourd - she must be the girl Mima mentioned. And right over there is...

"Bet you're glad to see me again, right?"

Lyrica and her sisters. She walks towards you at a slightly faster pace than Merlin and Lunasa, with her arms crossed and that familiar smug smile. She only stops when she's right in front of you, still carrying herself with that proud air. You find a smile tugging at your lips.

"You know, I don't usually play for people I've only just met! You got to hear me experimenting solo yesterday, but this time's for real! You better be paying attention when I take to the stage, got it? Not everyone gets to have quality entertainment like that dedicated especially to them!"

She moves through several flashy gestures as she talks, and you can see some of the others at your table rolling their eyes.

"Well, I'm looking forward to it, Lyrica. You wer--"

"More importantly than all that," Merlin has caught up, and she slips around her sister to wrap her arms around your neck, "after the show, you should come with me! I'm sure a solo performance from me will be much more entertaining than what you got from my sister." That suggestive lilt is still there in her voice.

Lyrica has started grinding her teeth, and her hands have clenched into fists. There's something dangerous flashing in her eyes, too. You glance around the table for help, but the women are all holding back laughter, and Reimu has buried her face in her hands. Just as you give up hope, a voice manages to cut the tension.

"My apologies for our tardiness, Miss Yuyuko," Lunasa has come up to the table, and she slides into the argument as smoothly as before, "a singer volunteered her services, and we saw no reason to turn her aside. However, there was an unfortunate incident when we arrived, and..." She trails off and gestures to one of the garden's entrances, where a girl with sparrow wings and a fancy dress is being chased in circles by Chen. Her cries for help are a little musical.

"Ah, yes, that's just fine Lunasa, excuse me." Yuyuko has a vacant look in her eyes as she rises to her feet, watching the bird girl that Lunasa indicated intensely. She starts making her way over to the girl, ignoring several other people and brushing past you wordlessly. You watch her go curiously, and note that Yukari is barely containing her laughter right now. Maybe you can ask about that later.

"Now then, Lyrica, Merlin! Head over to the north side of the garden. We need to do a sound check." Lunasa's order is firm, and in a tone that indicates she won't brook any arguments.

Merlin slides off of you, pouting. "Must we? I had a few things I wanted to show our special little audience member..."

Was that a double entendre?

"Yes. We're going to do the sound check. Now."

Lunasa marches off to the north, face impassive. Merlin trails after her, blowing you a kiss as she goes. Lyrica, however, just places a firm hand on your shoulder, and looks intently into your eyes.

"Listen to us, alright?"

You nod, a little surprised. She sounded sterner than you've ever heard her. Satisfied with your acknowledgement, she walks off to join her sisters, her keyboard swirling into existence behind her. You watch her go, and... wait is she swaying her ass, just a little? Just a little.

"Oh, now this," Mima speaks up, "this is gold. Ghost girl is fond of you already, and you've got those two sisters squabbling over you? And this party hasn't even started yet? This is going to be one crazy party, alright."

You shake your head. Thre's an evil little twinkle in Mima's eyes, and Reimu and Yukari are back to squabbling with one another. The party can't really get started without Yuyuko here, so you could probably do something to kill some time now.

[ ] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.

[ ] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.

[ ] Just chill out here. Might as well kick back.
>> No. 4944
[ ] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.
>> No. 4945
[X] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.

>This is going to be one crazy party, alright.

dante.jpg
>> No. 4946
[x] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.

Do we get a chance to swear out Reimu at some point during the party? Because that'd be awesome.
>> No. 4947
[z] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.
>> No. 4948
[x] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.
>> No. 4949
[ ] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.
>> No. 4950
[x] Just chill out here. Might as well kick back.
[x] "So Reimu, do you threaten everyone you meet like that, or am I just that handsome?"
>> No. 4951
[x] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.

Listenan gaems.
>> No. 4952
[ ] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.
>> No. 4953
[X] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.
Oh hai, I'm just dropping by
>> No. 4954
>Ah, but that's bet saved for her route, now isn't it?

lolwut? Don't tell me that out of all route's available, Merlin's is the mindfuck route?

Also, YOU CANNOT ESCAPE FROM BITCH REIMU. SHE IS EVERYWHERE.
>> No. 4955
>>4954

Speaking of that, are we just going to be stuck inside Hakugyokuro, Patch?

Shit's too fucking calm in there so far.

Wouldn't mind trying to headbutt Reimu during the party either.
>> No. 4956
[x] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.
>> No. 4957
[x] Just chill out here. Might as well kick back.

By the way, if we go a Prismriver route, do we have to end up with all of them? Or could we also just end up with one, if we do it right?
>> No. 4958
[X] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.
>> No. 4959
>>4957

An anti-haremfag? That's new.
>> No. 4960
[x] Just chill out here. Might as well kick back.
>> No. 4961
>>4959
I don't really like harems. They seem sort of anti-creative to me. "Anti-creative" isn't the right word, but I can't figure out how to express what I'm trying to say.

I mean, it's like...you build up all this tension by creating a love triangle/square/whatever, and then in the end the character picks all of them--to me, it's an easy, cheap way of resolving it all that defeats the reason the tension was there in the first place.
>> No. 4962
>>4961

Ah, si. Well, to allay your fears:

>all of them end with you scoring all three sisters if you play your cards right
>if you play your cards wrong

Fixed just for you.
>> No. 4963
>>4961

I agree. As I mentioned in #MiG, most of the harem routes we've come across so far seem forced and unrealistic. Anon needs to pick a girl and stick with just her for a change.
>> No. 4964
>>4963
If by "forced and unrealistic" you mean "an awesome compromise between two solidly divided and opposed camps", then I agree.
>> No. 4965
[X] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.
>> No. 4966
>>4964
I really don't. Can't please everyone all the time, and it's usually a bad idea to try.
>> No. 4967
>>4966
But hey, I guess that's just the cynical side of me coming out. Please, continue.
>> No. 4968
Guess Patchwork is done for now.
>> No. 4969
>>4961
I have to agree here.
You build up your relationship with one girl, but it ends with you being jerk who can't make up his mind. Good scene focused on one girl is much better than one where there's other girls around too. Harem feels cheaper, and breaks the focus.

>>Are you all so sure that Merlin's a slut? You haven't gotten all that close to her, or even spent any time alone with her.
You write lots of characters well, but your Merlin is just... Well, I won't say she's bad, but doesn't really pique my interest. And I didn't think much of her in the beginning either.
>> No. 4970
>>4964
>If by "forced and unrealistic" you mean "an awesome compromise between two solidly divided and opposed camps", then I agree.

I am saving this.
>> No. 4971
>>4954
>lolwut? Don't tell me that out of all route's available, Merlin's is the mindfuck route?

ξ・∀・) MY LIFE FOR AIUR
>> No. 4972
[x] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.

>>4971

FUCK MERUPO
>> No. 4974
>>4972
>FUCK MERUPO

ξ・A・)
>> No. 4975
>FUCK MERUPO

Sounds like a plan to me! She's the type who'd keep on going long after her sisters would have stopped.
>> No. 4976
File 121292703895.png - (17.33KB , 520x520 , 120924621827.png ) [iqdb]
4976
>>4945

[X] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.

CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZY PIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAA
>> No. 4977
>>4974

( ´∀`)
>> No. 4978
[ ] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.

I was under the impression that Yuyuko was the target? Seeing as Youmu was struck out of the running.

BTW, needs more Moe-half
>> No. 4979
>>4977

ffffffffff
>> No. 4980
[] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.

Did no one else notice this?
Yuyuko. Mystia.
Yuyuko going towards Mystia.
Yuyuko with a blank look going towards Mystia.
Do you not see the connection? Seriously?
>> No. 4981
>>4978
Yeah, Yuyuko's the target, but we don't have to shun the others either. Not Youmu nor the Prismrivers. No harm in watching them play if they asked.
>> No. 4983
[X] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.
>> No. 4984
File 121293678830.jpg - (33.74KB , 674x499 , YOU WIN.jpg ) [iqdb]
4984
>>4980

No. No one did. Only you got it. Congratulations you just won the game.
>> No. 4985
[X] Head off after Yuyuko, and drag her back here. Might as well get this party underway.
>> No. 4986
>>4980
We noticed it. We just didn't care enough to do anything about it.

...now that I think about it, maybe we can get someone else to sing if Mystia's indisposed. Hell yeah, we can get the touhous to do karaoke! I want to hear Youmu's singing voice. And Yukari's. And Chen's. Heck, all of them.
>> No. 4987
>>4986
>And Chen's.
nyan nyan nyan nyan......
>> No. 4988
>>4986

What would Anonymous sing? Rick Astley?
>> No. 4989
>>4988
Rick Rolling the entirety of the touhou universe? I support this.
>> No. 4990
>>4988
>>4989
>Rick Rolling

ಠ_ಠ

Oingo Boingo
Little Girls.
>> No. 4991
>>4990

gb2/jail/
>> No. 4993
>>4990
I lol'd.
>> No. 4994
>>4990
Fuck no. Mima, Yukari, Yuyuko, Ran... none of them "little girls".

Rickrolling them would be perfect.
>> No. 5003
>>4994
Hey, maybe we could change our ghost clothes look like Rick Astley's! Not sure how many of them would get it, though (except Yukari, but that's almost a given).
>> No. 5012
>>4943
>Liars. Every last one of them.
[x] Lick the three of them.
[x] "These tastes... they're of some liars!"
>> No. 5044
Updates please.
>> No. 5045
File 121299516118.jpg - (59.18KB , 431x500 , 31cl.jpg ) [iqdb]
5045
Alright, here's your update for the night. I ain't going to go another whole day without giving you at least one. I know I'm slow, but... well, alright, no excuses, I'm just a slow bastard.

***

[X] Head off after the Prismrivers and listen to them test their instruments.

***

"Well, with Yuyuko indisposed, it looks like we'll have to wait a bit for the party to get underway. If you'll excuse me, ladies?"

You slide back from the table and get to your feet. Mima and Yukari give you somewhat frightening - if amused - smiles, and Reimu doesn't even acknowledge you. Well, it looks like you won't be missed.

You head after the Prismrivers, slipping quietly through the slowly growing crowd. You don't seem to call much attention to yourself, which is a little strange considering that you're the only male you can see in the area. Maybe being a ghost decreases your presence? That could be useful, if it's true...

Ambling over, you can see that each of the sisters has set up several instruments, which is a little surprising considering that you hadn't seen them carrying any on their way in. Lyrica's sitting at a drum set, with a set of chimes to her left and her keyboard hovering in the air behind her. Merlin has a trumpet floating around her head, as well as what look like a saxophone and a tuba. Lunasa seems to have chosen something more classical with a violin, a shamisen, a kokyu, and... that looks like a koto? Curiously, a rather electric looking guitar spawns in the air next to her as you approach.

Given that you know Lyrica best, you decide to stray over towards her first. On your way, however, Lunasa notices you and flags you down. She hardly spares you a glance as she fiddles with her violin's tuning, but she does spare a few words.

"Hey, listen up. You must have made a good impression on Lyrica." She sounds as cool as ever. "She's a lot more excited than usual about this, so pay close attention to her performance. I don't want you disappointing her."

Looks like she cares more about her sisters than she lets on. "Is she really that excited?"

"Take a look for yourself," she gestures towards Lyrica, "she can hardly control herself. If she doesn't calm down, she'll end up making mistakes."

You take a look over towards Lyrica and don't see anything out of the ordinary, beyond her look of concentration. But watching a little more closely, you can see that she's trembling ever so slightly - not in a nervous or fearful way, but as though she has more energy than she can contain. There's a sort of spark in her eyes as well. You turn back to Lunasa.

"I see. Thanks for telling me that."

"I just don't want my sister to be disappointed."

"Even so. I suppose talking to her right now would just distract her more?"

"Sharp. It looks like Miss Yuyuko has settled down, so you had best go take a seat," she plucks a string on her violin and smiles in satisfaction, "the performance won't be too much longer now."

A glance back at your table confirms that Yuyuko is back in her seat - with that bird girl on her lap, no less. Youmu's turned up at the table as well, as have Ran and Chen, and that horned girl with the alcohol bottle. You bid Lunasa farewell for now and she just hums in response, leaving you to head back to your chair.

Getting closer to your table, you can see that Yuyuko seems to really be harrassing that girl on her lap; she's chewing softly on one of the girl's ears, and is holding her in place while the girl whimpers and squirms in discomfort. Youmu looks rather embarrassed by the whole affair, while Reimu and Ran are pointedly ignoring the whole affair, and the rest of the table is having a laugh about it.

You slide back into your seat wordlessly - you'd rather not ask why you can see one of Yuyuko's hands slipping under her captive's top. Most of the girls give you a rousing welcome, though Youmu just nods respectfully and Ran's greeting is rather quiet. You see her blush slightly and reach absently for her hat, brushing against it as if to confirm that it's in place. That thing about her hat must really be a big deal for her.

"Hey, you're back," Yuyuko stops chewing her captive's ear to greet you, "let's get this started."

The ghost princess rises to her feet, bringing the struggling sparrow girl with her. She pauses once she gets to her feet, as though she's unsure of what to do.

"Ah, Youmu, could you--"

Youmu stomps on the ground once, and her ghost half rises high into the air, leaving a bright trail of lights behind it, each of which explodes with a loud popping noise. That manages to draw everyone's attention, and all their discussions die down.

"Thank you, Youmu. As I was saying... everyone! Welcome to tonight's party!"

There's a loud cheer.

"Aha! It's good to see that everyone's as enthusiastic as always! Well, let's give a big welcome to our guest of honor! Why don't you introduce yourself?"

Oh? You climb to your feet, feeling a little awkward. A quick scan of the party goers reveals that you are, in fact, the only man here. It's a little strange. You wind up introducing yourself rather halfheartedly, and giving everyone a weak wave. There's an uncomfortable silence, until...

"So, this guy's why we're having the party, right?" The witch you saw earlier raises her voice.

"Yes." Yuyuko replies.

"Then he's alright in my books!" The witch raises a large glass of booze in a sort of salute. An enormous cheer goes up once she does, and it would seem that the party has finally started.

So, is this really a party for you? Or are you just an excuse to have a party?

Either way, the noise from the cheer seems to have been enough to spur the sparrow girl into breaking free, and she flies off towards the Prismrivers quickly, pausing only to turn around and blow Yuyuko a raspberry. Yuyuko seems to enter a state of shock for a moment, but slowly moves to follow the girl, tears welling up in her eyes. Before she can give chase, Youmu stands up and grabs her by the waist, dragging her back to the table.

"Youmu, let me go! Mystia! I want her!"

"Not now, Miss Yuyuko. You can have her after the party is over."

"But I want her!"

Yuyuko struggles for a little bit, but once Youmu forces her to sit she just stays there and pouts while frowning. Her eyes still looks a little teary. She comes off as a sort of petulant child.

"Ran, dear, if you could get us some food?" Yukari asks sweetly. Ran sighs deeply and climbs to her feet, trudging off towards one of the buffet tables.

Mima, Reimu, and that girl with the horns are busy talking among themselves.

A quick look over at the Prismrivers reveals that they've moved into a sort of triangle formation and are about to start up, and Mystia has taken up a position in the center of the three. Looks like she still wants to sing, even though the party's hostess seems to want to molest her.

[ ] Stay here and console Yuyuko. That childish look is moe.

[ ] Get up and grab some food with Ran. It's nowhere near as major as her earlier tasks, and she seems a bit embarrassed about her earlier outburst, but she could use the help anyway.

[ ] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5047
[ ] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5048
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5049
[z] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5050
[ ] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

What's our name in this anyway?
>> No. 5051
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5052
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5053
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5054
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

> you'd rather not ask why you can see one of Yuyuko's hands slipping under her captive's top
Clearly, all she wants is some chicken breast
>> No. 5055
[x] Stay here and console Yuyuko. That childish look is moe.
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

Yuyuko route, faggots; do you remember we're on it? Let's not be wooed away by the lead drummer like a gushing teenager.

>>5050
Hakunonymous, I suppose, since Patch seems to be smoothly avoiding it, like HY does with Belmonymous' name.
>> No. 5056
>>5054
ULTROOOOOOS!
>> No. 5058
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5059
[x] Stay here and console Yuyuko. That childish look is moe.

Yuyukooo
>> No. 5061
{X} Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
Yuyuko is boring~
>> No. 5062
[] Stay here and console Yuyuko. That childish look is moe.
[] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

I assume we can manage both.
>> No. 5063
We concentrate on Lyrica and Yuyuko concentrates on Mystia. I see no problem.
>> No. 5064
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

...I get a bit of a chuckle at the idea of just slipping out and wandering around the garden. Though the backlash from the sisters and everyone else would be troublesome. Mortymous would never live it down.
>> No. 5065
>>5062
Though if we can only do one,
[] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5066
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

I'd rather not piss off the three people who are most likely to pay us visits in the future, nor step on Youmu's toes. We can talk to Ran as we help her clean up after the party.
>> No. 5067
[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

this
>> No. 5073
[ ] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5074
>>5055
I like how you automatically assume your goal is the one that everyone should be following.
>> No. 5075
>>5074
An agreement was made in the first thread. I support it for this play through.
>> No. 5076
>>5075
That was before Lyrica showed up, it looks like the majority is after her now. You don't decide on the target in the first goddamn thread, anyway.
>> No. 5077
I certainly had no part in any agreement.

[x] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5078
Who says we're specifically going for the Prismrivers? We're just being courteous to Lyrica because she asked us to watch.
>> No. 5079
Well, I will press for Yuyuko right now. However, we WILL watch the Prismrivers, if only because we aren't jerks in the story. I have hired a team of assasins* to make sure of that.


*tengu ninjas, specifically.
>> No. 5080
I'm all for Yuyuko as well.
>> No. 5081
[ x ] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5082
>>5079
Learn to spell "assassins", first.
>> No. 5083
>>5078

This.

Just because you're shooting for a certain route, doesn't mean you should hammer options related to her.
>> No. 5085
>>5079
>>I have hired a team of assasins* to make sure of that.

SO RANDOM XD
>> No. 5086
Crap. I get used to spellcheck catching the little mistakes, so I don't re-read my posts all the time.
>> No. 5087
>>5078
Indeed. Going after one girl doesn't always mean being a dick to the others.

We're off to a pretty good start. Romancing Yuyuko, training with Youmu, ruffling Chen, flirting amicably with the Prismrivers (and going hand-in-hand with Lyrica), giving Ran help when it looked like she needed it, playing with Mima, catching the interest of Yukari, Marisa, and the rest, and not (yet) really pissing off Reimu.

Hakunon is a pretty decent guy so far. I like that. Let's keep it up, shall we?

[+] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.
>> No. 5102
File 121307004141.jpg - (144.55KB , 1069x630 , 2akt.jpg ) [iqdb]
5102
[X] Just lean back and try to focus on the Prismrivers. Lyrica really seemed to want you to pay close attention. This must be important for her.

***

While the rest of your table is preoccupied, you take the opportunity to lean back and watch the Prismrivers. They're about to get started, you think; Mystia sings a few bars to test her voice, and the sisters have all closed their eyes in concentration, slipping into identical poses as they sit hovering in the air. You wash the other sounds out of your mind, and focus on them - they're silent for a moment, and then...

Twang.

You're a little startled when you see that Lunasa's shamisen has started playing itself, the strings moving on their own as though they were being plucked. Merlin's instruments seem to be doing the same thing, as they float around her and she doesn't have to blow into any of them. You'd heard Lyrica's keyboard play on its own before, so perhaps this is an ability shared by all three sisters.

Well, that's not important right now, so just focus on the music.

You close your eyes and listen closely. Mystia's voice is very pretty, but her lyrics are all very strange and most of them seem to be about herself; it's distracting, so you try to tune her out, too. You listen to the subdued vibrations of the strings, quiet enough that they are almost overwhelmed by the bombastic sound of the percussion and the loud bursts of the winds. The wind instruments so lively and piercing that they take a certain prominence in the music. The steady pulse of the percussion, strong and heavy, and...

She made a mistake.

You'd never have noticed if you weren't so absorbed in the music, but her timing was ever so slightly off. She corrects herself and slips back into the melody so smoothly that it almost fools you into believing she hadn't faltered, but every so often she'll slip up just slightly again. There's a pattern to it, if you just listen... yes, every time she screws up, it's when a certain sound is used. That sound, it's...

It's the sound that you made when you first met her in the marshes.

Maybe she's nervous, even if she's kept up the bravado you're used to seeing her project. Either way, listening to the music so closely makes you realize another problem. The entire group seems to have trouble with their synergy. Lunasa is content to let her sisters take the spotlight - a bit odd considering she's working the strings - but Merlin and Lyrica seem to be in constant competition with one another. Mystia's presence seems to be a problem, too, because she doesn't really ride the same vibe as the others, and her song doesn't quite work in concert with the music. There's no denying that they're pleasing to the ear as a whole, but you can't help but feel they could do so much more...

The performance draws to a close, and you open your eyes again. You can see Lunasa flash some kind of sign to her sisters, who relax a little and release the tension they've built up. Mystia is still chirping quietly to herself, and is doing a sort of twirling dance. Looks like she's ready to start up again pretty quickly. She looks as carefree as Yuyuko usually does.

"Back from Lala-land?"

Reimu's looking at you with a sort of sneer, but she doesn't look nearly as hostile as before. She must be relaxing a little, finally. Yuyuko, Yukari, and their servants seem to be discussing something with one another now, and just flash you some smiles when they notice that you've come out of your reverie. Mima is watching you silently, a strange look in her eyes. That horned girl is too busy chugging a bottle of alcohol to notice her surroundings.

It seems that Ran had enough time to get quite a bit of food while you were focusing on the music. There are several trays in the middle of the table, stacked with assorted foods and drinks. You grab a glass of tea for yourself, and ease back into your chair. Even with the party noises everywhere, you don't have any trouble getting relaxed.

"Hey, hey! So, what did you think of our first performance?"

Lyrica's hand clamps down onto your shoulder, and she bends down to look you in the eye. What should you tell her?

[ ] Compliment her performance profusely. Tell her she did everything perfectly.

[ ] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.

[ ] Disparage her skills. Tell her it was terrible.
>> No. 5104
I have no idea how Lyrica will respond so i guess I'll go with
[X] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.
>> No. 5105
[ ] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.

Being honest is best.
>> No. 5106
[X] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.

It shows we were paying attention at least
>> No. 5107
[x] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.

And so, the record came to a screeching halt.
>> No. 5108
[X] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.
>> No. 5109
[ ] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.
>> No. 5111
[x] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.
>> No. 5112
[x] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.

It's best to be honest!
>> No. 5113
She knows there were problems. I don't think she'd appreciate dishonesty here. A little sugarcoating would help, though.

[+] Be honest, but soften the blow.
>> No. 5114
[x] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues. But soften it a little.
>> No. 5115
[ ] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues. But soften the blow, yeah.
>> No. 5116
{X} Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.
>> No. 5117
Updates please.
>> No. 5120
[ ] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.
>> No. 5121
>>5105
>Being honest is best.
Clearly you've never met a woman.
>> No. 5122
>>5121
Eh, if she's the self-critical artist type, then telling her that she did everything perfectly--when she didn't--may be worse than complimenting her, encouraging her, and chatting/commiserating about the flaws.
>> No. 5123
>>5121

>>Clearly you having figured out a woman does not think logically.

Fix'd that for you, as any of the 3 choices could be bad.
>> No. 5124
[] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues. But soften it a little.

This is good. Constructive criticism is an important thing for an artist of any kind.
>> No. 5125
>>5123
And a nervous one, at that.
>> No. 5126
[x] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.
>> No. 5127
[x] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues. But soften it a little.

going with this as well
>> No. 5128
>>5122
>chatting/commiserating about the flaws.
meaning not only Lyrica's, but everyone's flaws.
>> No. 5129
File 121313483765.jpg - (102.18KB , 562x681 , 1tjc.jpg ) [iqdb]
5129
[X] Be honest. Tell her that her performance was good, but mention her timing and synergy issues.

***

"I thought you did wonderfully, Lyrica, but," you pause for a moment, "your timing was a little off in several places, and you lack synergy with your sisters; you and Merlin sound like you're competing instead of cooperating. It still comes together nicely, but I think that you could do better than that."

You can't help but notice that your table has quieted down a little, and you can feel several pairs of eyes glued to you. You make it a point not to look away from Lyrica, who looks a little shocked at your response. After a long pause she grins at you, though her posture sags noticeably. She does look more relaxed, though.

"You really did pay attention, didn't you? I tried so hard to cover that up, too!" She removes her hat and runs a hand through her hair. "But I'm glad you liked it anyway! Just you wait, I'll be sure to get it perfect! You've got to keep listening to me until then, alright?"

"So, is my full attention that important to you?"

"Well, yeah, of cour-- hey, stop that! You keep trying to make me say embarassing things!" She musses her own hair, a flustered blush creeping over her face. It's hard to keep yourself from teasing her like that, though. Her blushing face really is cute...

"But if he gives you all his attention, how is he going to help me?"

Suddenly, Merlin sidles up to you, using the back of your chair as a pivot to swing around onto your lap. Her arms wrap around your neck and she presses forward against you, flashing you a sultry smile. You feel yourself getting a little warm as her body presses against yours - it's very hard not to notice exactly how soft she is right now.

"If there's a problem with our synergy, I wouldn't mind you teaching me how to work in sync. What would you say to giving me a private lesson?" You can feel her fingers dancing along the nape of your neck, and her hot breath running over your lips. Your mouth feels dry all of a sudden, too dry to reply her.

"You know, sis, if the problem is with our synergy, I would imagine it would help for us to take the lesson together." Lyrica's hand clamps down almost painfully on one of your shoulders, and her voice has a hard edge to it. She doesn't seem to realize the implications of what she just said...

"Oh? I didn't know you were into that sort of thing, Lyrica. Of course, I don't mind if you tag along with us." Merlin leans over your shoulder to speak to her sister, and you're not sure that having her hair brush against your neck is any better than feeling her breath against you. You've got a view of your table now, and you can see that Youmu and Ran are looking away from you, blushes staining their faces. Yukari, Yuyuko, and even that horned girl are watching you with grins on their faces. Reimu is pointedly ignoring the situation, and Mima still has that strange look in her eye as she watches you. Chen just looks confused.

Lyrica's grip grows tighter. It's starting to hurt a little. You can hear her start to voice something, when...

"Alright you two, give him some space. It's time to move on to the secondary performances. Come on."

Saved by Lunasa yet again. You sigh in relief as Lyrica's grip eases off, though she's grumbling something to herself. You can hear her turn and walk away.

"Hurry up, Merlin!"

Merlin leans back a bit and gives you another of those smiles. She slides into a standing position in a motion calculated to be as sensual as possible, her smooth legs sliding along yours slowly. Her breasts are put on exactly your eye level as she pulls back, and she blows you another one of her kisses before she walks off. You slump in your chair a little and heave a shaky sigh of relief once she's gone. The rest of your table has the decency not to say anything, but you can hear several chuckles.

Well, even if Merlin has a knack for ruining the moment, at least Lyrica seemed happy. The music starts up again soon, and you can't help but notice that Lyrica is doing a better job...

---

It took a bit of work after that incident with Merlin, but you finally managed to slip into the table's conversation. It fails to keep much of your interest for long, as it's primarily gossip about many of the party goers, most of whom you're unfamiliar with. You withdraw from the talking and briefly contemplate trying to mingle, scanning the crowd absently.

Hello, what's this?

A woman has just strolled in through the southern entrance, where she pauses and takes a look at the crowd, a sleepy expression on her face. It strikes you that she's quite beautiful, with the same porcelain skin as Yuyuko, and vibrant red hair drawn into twintails. She seems to have a nice figure, as well, though her clothing is loose enough to make it a bit hard to tell; her outfit is a strange hybrid of kimono and dress in a deep blue, spotted with white flecks, tied at the waist by what seems to be two thick pieces of leather and cloth wrapped in chord and held by a large coin; a pair of long socks and sandles can be seen peeking out from beneath. It's a strange outfit, to be sure. Slightly more disconcerting is the enormous, curving scythe that she has slung across her shoulders.

"Yuyuko!" The woman lights up when her gaze falls on your table and she shouts excitedly. Her voice has a certain rough quality to it, and is thick with a drawling accent that you don't quite recognize. It's pleasing to the ear in a way that could leave you feeling sleepy if you listened too long.

"Komachi!" Before you know it, Yuyuko has leaped out of her chair and is floating across the yard with open arms.

"Yuyu!"

"Machi-Machi!"

The two women glide towards one another, and meet in an embrace, twirling around together in the air. It's a bit of an odd sight.

"It looks like that slacker has finally arrived." Youmu's voice has a tinge of contempt in it.

"Late. How typical." Ran's voice shares that contempt.

You get the feeling you would be better off not asking about that. You turn your attention back to Yuyuko and the newcomer, who seem to have danced their way over to you.

"This is the one, Komachi!" Yuyuko exclaims, doing a little twirl and pointing at you.

"This is the one?" The newcomer leans down to peer at you, hands on her hips. She seems to be sizing you up. At last she stands straight again and looks down her nose at you, grinning imperiously. "He doesn't look like much to me."

"Excuse me?" How rude.

"You heard me, kid. I have no idea how you've managed to impress Yuyu. You don't look like anything special at all."

"Where do you get off, judging me?" You can't help but feel slightly irritated. Something about her voice comes off as being smugly disapproving.

"Oh, looks like you've got a little spirit! That's good, that's good! Maybe you're worth something after all!" Surprisingly, there isn't anything patronizing in her tone. She genuinely sounds slightly more approving of you, and a little of the smugness has drifted out of her voice. Her eyes are gleaming with a sort of anticipation as she leans forward again to talk to you face to face, and her words become filled with a burning passion. "Listen here. Before I let you go stealing my best friend away from me, you're going to have to prove your worth! So, I'll let you challenge me at any game you want! Do you understand? This is a duel for a lady's heart!"

Who is this woman?

[ ] Reject her challenge.

[ ] Challenge her to a game of chess.

[ ] Challenge her to a game of Mao.

[ ] Challenge her to another game. (Specify)

[ ] Challenge her to THE GAME.
>> No. 5130
>>5129

[ x ] Challenge her to THE GAME.

Everyone loses.
>> No. 5131
>>5129

[ x ] Challenge her to another game. (Specify)

Bedtop sport, for indoor types.
>> No. 5132
>>5129

[ x ] Challenge her to a game of chess.
>> No. 5133
[x] Challenge her to another game. (danmaku)

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
>> No. 5134
[x] E-Card

With striking narration.
>> No. 5135
[X] Challenge her to another game: Ferrying souls across the Sanzu no Kawa. Tell her the yama are thinking about hiring you to replace one of their agents, so you'll be doing your best, as soon as you can get away from this party! Ha, it's fine if she even has a little head start!
>> No. 5136
>>4906
Dammit Patchy, Ive been waiting for HLA and the board is sorta dead right now. FUCK.
[ x ] Challenge her to a game of chess.
>> No. 5137
File 121313584779.jpg - (67.64KB , 450x600 , 450px-Taby_kyrka_Death_playing_chess.jpg ) [iqdb]
5137
[x] Challenge her to a game of chess.

WHAT COULD POSIBLY GO WRONG
>> No. 5138
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.
>> No. 5139
>twin-tails
Laws of Japanese Fiction dictate that Komachi is thus officially a tsundere.
>> No. 5140
[x] E-Card
With the ear drill and all.
>> No. 5141
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.

NOW NO ONE CAN WIN!
>> No. 5142
[] Challenge her to THE GAME.

It's our only chance of winning.
>> No. 5143
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.
>> No. 5144
[X] Challenge her to THE GAME.

You know, lady's first and all...
>> No. 5145
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.
This better not fucking backfire on us, Patch.
>> No. 5146
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.
>> No. 5147
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.

now she and all of gensokyo will be playing THE GAME as well...
>> No. 5148
[ ] Staring contest
>> No. 5149
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.
>> No. 5150
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.

GAME gaems
>> No. 5151
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.
>> No. 5152
[x] Challenge her to THE GAME.
>> No. 5153
THE GAME wins.

As always.
>> No. 5154
Haha, this will either make us look like geniuses or idiots.
>> No. 5155
And when Komachi is left confused by THE GAME, Ran shall explain it.
>> No. 5156
File 121314092719.jpg - (51.08KB , 460x300 , billandted.jpg ) [iqdb]
5156
>>5129

[x] Challenge the reaper to a game of Twister
>> No. 5157
>>5156
FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THIS.
>> No. 5158
>>5156
Excellent, dude!
>> No. 5159
>>5156
>>5158

WYLD STALLYNS!
>> No. 5160
File 121314619457.jpg - (53.95KB , 359x550 , 1s56.jpg ) [iqdb]
5160
[X] Challenge her to THE GAME.

***

Challenge her to a game, that's... yes. It can't be avoided. An old passion ignites in your chest, and you feel a surge of energy. You rise to your feet, slamming your hands against the table. The girls stare at you in shock, but you don't care. Your blood is boiling!

"Alright, Miss, I don't know who you are, but I accept your terms!"

You lean towards the woman, and she leans towards you. You can see the fire blazing in her red eyes. It only makes you more determined.

"I won't just challenge you to a game. I challenge you to THE GAME!"

There's a loud screech of inarticulate rage from one table, as a girl with long black hair howls in lament at her loss. A nearby little girl with bunny ears starts slamming her head against their table repeatedly, cursing the entire time. The rest of their group just take on surprised, distant looks, as though they are too stunned to think.

A cruel smile creeps across your face. You can taste their despair, and it's delicious.

"THE GAME, huh? With a name like that, I'm excited just thinking about it! What are the rules?" The gorgeous redhead in front of you has a wild look in her eyes, as though she were picking up on your own enthusiasm.

"RULE ONE: You are playing the game."

She leans forward a little more, her grin growing. You can feel the adrenaline surge through you.

"RULE TWO: Whenever you think about the game, you lose."

That look in her eyes grows even stronger. You feel your smile widening.

"RULE THREE: Loss must be announced."

Her eyes dance with an almost ravenous blaze.

"You mean to tell me," her voice comes out in a ragged whisper, "that I just lost?"

"That's right." Your voice comes out just as quietly, but vocalizing each word with a disturbing relish.

"You," she's practically panting it out, "you magnificent bastard!"

Without warning, she tackles you to the table, her arms looping around your neck to pull you into a tight embrace, her hands resting in your hair and pulling your head towards her. Her lips crash violently against your own, and her tongue snakes its way into your mouth, searching desperately for yours. God damn can she ever kiss! You wrap your arms around her, one hand resting firmly on her soft behind, the other massaging her back. The two of you roll a few times, struggling to get on top of one another in a fit of passion.

Finally she pins you down, deepening the kiss for a few fleeting moments before she pulls away, her breath coming in ragged bursts. A thin trail of saliva hangs between the two of you briefly, before the light breeze snaps it. She looks intoxicated, with that blaze in her eyes and her hair a mess, one of her twintails half-undone by your wild moment.

"Oh," she lets out a groan that only serves to fan the fire that floods through you, "oh, I never thought I'd find someone who enjoyed a challenge as much as I do! I haven't met someone whose had that kind of effect on me before..."

Your mind is too scattered to formulate a coherent response, but you find yourself agreeing with her. Just what WAS that? You can't recall ever getting as excited as that over something as simple as a game. Sure, you were getting a little pumped, but where did THAT surge of passion come from? And this woman? Right now, she's about the most gorgeous woman you've ever laid eyes on. You're actually hard as hell from that little outburst, and you're sure she's noticed the erection pressing into her hips by now.

"Kid, I'm Komchi Onozuka, the shinigami, and you," she gasps for air, "YOU are the man whose gotten me more full of energy than anyone I've met in centuries."

"If he gets you that fired up, maybe we should bring him back to the Sanzu no Kawa after all." A new voice comes in, but you don't really care who it is.

"Heh, I sure wouldn't mind--"

Komachi suddenly freezes, her flushed face draining to a horrified white. She slowly turns her head to look behind her.

"Boss?"

"Yes, Komachi. Boss. The one you ditched with half your workload to come here before you had finished. To think I was considering giving you early leave..."

An elegant hand gripping a golden stick of some sort comes into view, slamming the rod into Komachi's head. The little shriek of "kyan" that she emits causes your crotch to twitch. That sounds so damn erotic.

The same hand grips Komachi by her dress and yanks her off of you violently. You crane your head up to see an ever so slightly short woman in an official looking uniform. She looks quite orderly, and though her sharp pink face is marred with a look of irritation, her cold emerald eyes give her a look of refined and subdued beauty, an effect enhanced by the short and perfectly combed green hair that frames her face. She's slim, and that uniform looks fantastic on her - you can't help but silently thank whoever designed the short black skirt for it, because those stocking-clad legs are nothing short of divine.

"Why don't you take a moment to collect yourself and," the beauty pauses, "calm down a little, while I give my subordinate a talk?" She directs a somewhat intrigued look towards your erection, but you're still a little too rattled to care much. After saying her piece, she drags a struggling Komachi off into the manor.

Sitting up and getting your bearings, you can see that almost everyone present is gaping dumbly at you. Even Reimu is sitting there with her mouth hanging open. The more conservative girls, like Youmu and Ran, have turned bright red. Even the band has stopped playing. Ran managed to cover Chen's eyes, at least. You take a few deep breathes and climb off of the table shakily, your legs wobbling and your knees threatening to buckle. Your eyes rove the crowd unsteadily, and your mind races to find some way to excuse yourself.

Then the same witch that cheered you earlier lets out a whoop.

Several of the women in the crowd start applauding, and Mima and the horned girl start making cat calls at you. Yuyuko and Yukari are looking at you with a mixture of respect and interest. In the distance you can see Lyrica absently brushing her fingers against her lips as she blushes. Many of the other girls opt to stay silent and blush, but a couple of them seem to be finding you a lot more interesting than before.

Mima grips your shoulders and forces you back into your seat, calling the horned girl over.

"Suika! I think this man deserves a drink!" Her voice radiates pride.

"I think you're right! Drink up, lover boy!" The girl cackles loudly, thrusting her gourd into your hands. You don't know what's in it, but you take a large swig anyway. The stuff burns like hell, so much so that you can barely taste it, but even so you grin a disheveled grin. The alcohol sends a pleasant warmth through you, blending with you declining passion to create a sort of bizarre afterglow.

Hot damn do you ever feel good.

---
>> No. 5161
File 121314622740.jpg - (118.57KB , 584x640 , 2729_shikieki_yamaxanadu.jpg ) [iqdb]
5161
A few minutes later, everyone is seated again, and Komachi and her boss have joined you. Komachi's opted to sit in a chair right beside you, and though she looks a little beaten up, she gives you a silly grin all the same. Her boss seems much less entertained, with a sort of restrained irritation gracing her sharp features.

"I apologize for my employee's behavior, Lady Yuyuko."

"Ah? Yes, that's fine Siki..." Yuyuko doesn't seem to be paying much attention. Her eyes look vacant as they are trained on you, and you could swear you just saw her lick her lips.

Komachi's boss just coughs politely, and turns to face you.

"My name is Sikieiki Yamaxanadu. I had hoped to discuss some business with you tonight, but it seems Komachi's antics have destroyed any chance of that. It may seem like a hassle, but could we arrange to meet another time? I am always busy with my work, but I would like to make an appointment with you."

You glance at Siki. She seems quite serious.

[ ] Agree to meet with her some time. Leave it at that.

[ ] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

[ ] Don't make an appointment. Leave it at that.

[ ] Don't make an appointment. Try and loosen her up. This is a party!
>> No. 5163
[ ] Agree to meet with her some time. Leave it at that.

Making out with death. That was fucking awesome.
>> No. 5164
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
Siki.
Hay, Siki.
TAKE IT EASY.
>> No. 5165
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Leave it at that.
>> No. 5166
[z] Agree to meet with her some time. Leave it at that.
>> No. 5167
[ ] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5168
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5169
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5170
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5171
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

Let's charm as many girls as possible.
>> No. 5172
I CAME!

[ ] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5173
[ ] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

Holy shit.

>There's a loud screech of inarticulate rage from one table, as a girl with long black hair howls in lament at her loss.

Poor Kaguya.
>> No. 5174
[X] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

Love the Kaguya and Tewi parts.
>> No. 5175
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

Impressive.
>> No. 5176
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

Geez Komachi. Now you're making me hesitate about picking Yuyuko.
>> No. 5177
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
Bandwagon, etc.

I knew THE GAME would work.
>> No. 5178
>Your mind is too scattered to formulate a coherent response, but you find yourself agreeing with her. Just what WAS that? You can't recall ever getting as excited as that over something as simple as a game. Sure, you were getting a little pumped, but where did THAT surge of passion come from? And this woman? Right now, she's about the most gorgeous woman you've ever laid eyes on.

So, when are we going to find Komachi putting on her suit for her part time job as a library assistant?
>> No. 5183
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

Holy shit that was awesome. That was worth losing.
>> No. 5184
I hope the majority of you chose "loosen up" having taken it in the relatively innocent sense.
>> No. 5185
>>5184
Haha. Yeah right.
>> No. 5186
>>5184

Of course. I saw it as offering her a drink.
>> No. 5187
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5188
>>5160
>There's a loud screech of inarticulate rage from one table, as a girl with long black hair howls in lament at her loss.
I see what you did there, and I am amused.
>> No. 5190
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5191
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
>> No. 5192
[+] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!
Relax, boss-lady. Things are good.
>> No. 5193
Oh wow Ghostnonymous is a fucking pimp.

This just became my favorite story.
>> No. 5195
>>5193

Yeah, this is actually really good so far. Especially with THE GAME choice being so incredibly awesome.
>> No. 5196
Looks like Ghostnonymous' has an active Tohno Gland. Another factor is that Patch's Gensokyo is presently closely reflecting the games' male:female ratio.
--wait a second, mix those two factors with a third: Patch's portrayal of the characters gives almost all of them a notable aggressive streak, so...

...in before one of the girls goes yandere on Ghostnonymous.
>> No. 5197
I never expected making out with Komachi. Shit was fucking hot.

We need to get the Yama drunk off her ass.
>> No. 5198
File 121317943430.jpg - (67.69KB , 500x571 , 1212560309216.jpg ) [iqdb]
5198
>>5196

Deadnymous rolls off the tongue better.

I loved how Kaguya and Reisen/Tewi also lost THE GAME.

[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

I want to be scolded at by Yamada!
>> No. 5199
File 121318015015.png - (18.64KB , 520x520 , 120914513711.png ) [iqdb]
5199
>>5198

[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

THIS PARTY IS GETTING CRAZY!
>> No. 5201
>"I won't just challenge you to a game. I challenge you to THE GAME!"

>There's a loud screech of inarticulate rage from one table, as a girl with long black hair howls in lament at her loss. A nearby little girl with bunny ears starts slamming her head against their table repeatedly, cursing the entire time. The rest of their group just take on surprised, distant looks, as though they are too stunned to think.

I am loling UNCONTROLLABLY

And I've been loling uncontrollably for the last five minutes. Patch, I fucking love you, you wonderful, wonderful bastard.
>> No. 5202
[ ] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

That was fuck awesome
>> No. 5203
This.. This is the best story on these boards. I apologize to the other writers, but seriously, you're going to have to try hard to trump this.
>> No. 5218
[x] Agree to meet with her some time. Try and loosen her up afterwards. This is a party!

"I'd love to meet you later, but only if you share a drink with me." then just as everyone is just about to leave, turn to komachi, "don't forget!"
"Forget what?"
"About THE GAME"
>> No. 5220
File 121320365899.jpg - (73.05KB , 552x486 , kaguyaanger.jpg ) [iqdb]
5220
>>5218
>> No. 5227
>>5220

Just as planned...
>> No. 5234
>>5220
Looking a little Roa there, Tewi.
>> No. 5276
Looks like most of the women are impressed with us.
>> No. 5288
>>5198

I like Haku(non)[ymous]. myself. Haku Haku Haku. The only problem is that's also the name of a certain anime minor character... ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 5289
>>5288
Haku was cool if not exceedingly girly.

MIRROR MAGIC
>> No. 5290
>>5288
Yeah, you have to admit that despite the show sucking as a whole, that was a pretty cool arc.
>> No. 5320
Hey Patch! Can the party include everyone doing the Caramel Dansen?
>> No. 5321
>>5288

ZABUZA ARC CANNOT BE BEAT
>> No. 5322
Slowpoke here. I just love the Prismrivers in this story.

Lyrica: All right, I'll do my best just for you! DAMNIT QUIT MAKING ME SAY EMBARRASSING THINGS

Merlin: Oh ho, why not whore myself?

Lunasa: Back to work, niggers.
>> No. 5324
I don't think Hakunon is a pimp or Gland-bearing, so much as Komachi's just an awesome hotblood and Lunasa is mini-dere
>> No. 5325
>>5324
Goddamn, Komachi is hot.