- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 4060)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 121243064951.jpg - (100.61KB, 422x443, 37j8.jpg) [iqdb]
4060 No. 4060
New thread, because I think it can be hard to keep up with two different LAs running on a board, and auto-saging doesn't help.

***

[X] Head left.

***

Well, one direction's as good as the next, and you've got your tea in your right hand. Might as well head left, and keep one hand on the wall nearest to you. You start off through the halls, moving slowly to keep yourself from falling over.

The trip is rather uneventful. The halls are empty and quiet, and you stop every now and again to admire a stray painting or flower arrangement. Come to think of it, you haven't seen anyone other than Yuyuko or Youmu in here. Do they live here all by themselves?

A few turns later, you find yourself looking out onto a large outdoors walkway. It's not the same one that you talked with Yuyuko on, however, because the surroundings are quite different. You're much closer to that large barren tree, now, and the stone path that leads away from the manor is in worse condition. Unsurprising, considering that it seems to lead into a small marshland that surrounds the giant tree. A quick look over to the right reveals an entryway identical to the one you stand in, far in the distance. This certainly is a large estate.

Well, you don't have much else to do, so you start down the path into the marshes. Paved pathway gives way to squelching mud. You note absently that you're not wearing shoes anymore; Youmu must have taken them off when she lay you down earlier. It feels nicer than you'd think to walk in the mud, though, so it's no loss. In fact, the marshland is quite a pleasant place to stroll through - tall, wilder trees than the sakura out front are everywhere, creating a canopy of leaves through which thin beams of sunlight occasionally drift. There's a sort of quiet stillness in everything, interrupted only by a drifting orb of light every now and again. Those lights remind you of Myon; maybe some other ghosts are enjoying an evening walk, too?

That makes you think, though. If Myon and the other ghosts all manifest as will-o'-the-wisps, why don't you? There must be some kind of reason for that. Maybe you should ask Yuyuko about it when you get back. She ought to know.

Your thoughts are scattered by the faint sound of music coming from somewhere deeper in the marshes. It's nice, if a bit too bombastic for such a peaceful place. Curiosity piqued, you follow the sound to its source.

You eventually come a sort of clearing, with patches of purple grass poking up through the swampy earth. Sitting on a large tree root on the opposite end of the clearing is a young woman clad in red from head to toe. She wears a curious pointed hat with a small star adorning it. A winged keyboard is set across her lap, and she's pounding out a quick and loud melody on the keys. It really is too energetic for this place.

"No, no, that's not right," she mumbles under her breath, stopping her playing for a moment, "maybe it's more like this?"

She hammers out a slightly rearranged instance of her previous tune. It's still much too energetic.

"That's still not right," she sounds frustrated.

"Of course it's not. Aren't you playing too bombastically for such a tranquil place?" You can't stop yourself from speaking out.

The girl looks up with a start. It seems that she hadn't noticed you until now. Her expression turns sour.

"Who are you? Did my sisters send you looking for me? I told them to loosen up! We've got plenty of time to meet with that spacey princess later!"

Spacey princess must be Yuyuko, but who are her sisters? You tilt your head in a quizzical gesture, and the girl gets to her feet. She stomps over to you, keyboard under arm, and starts jabbing one of her index fingers into your chest.

"Well, you can tell them they can wait until nightfall for all I care!" Her tone is accusatory.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb! My sisters definitely sent you after me! They can be so meddlesome! I bet Lunasa came up with one of her boring rationalizations to convince you, huh? Or maybe Merlin promised you something good? Yeah, she'd be all over you, tellin' you that you're cute and that she'd make it worth your while!"

Every sentence is punctuated with another hard jab from her finger. It's really getting uncomfortable. You start to stumble backwards with each little push.

"Look, I really don't--"

"Shut up! I can see right through you! Well you listen to me, mister, and you just go back and tell them to wait!"

Her last jab sends you tumbling to the ground, the wet marsh making a bizarre slurping noise as your behind impacts it. You scramble back to your feet, incensed.

"Now wait just a minute, I--"

"WAIT! THAT'S IT!" The girl exclaims excitedly. "Do that again!"

"Do what agai--"

She shoves you again, sending you back to the ground and causing that strange slurping noise to sound again.

"Perfect, it's perfect! I've got it, I've got it!"

The girl suddenly floats up off the ground, her keyboard swung around to hover in front of her. She starts playing a tune again, this time slower and softer, composed of a variety of sounds much different than you'd expect from a keyboard. Much to your surprise, the beat is punctuated by that strange slurping noise that you made when you fell. And it's perfect.

"That's it! That's it! And it's all thanks to you! I could kiss you! But I won't! I'm not like that tramp of a sister I have, no sir! You want a girl as fine as me, you have to earn her!"

The girl is ecstatic, hovering sideways to the ground now in her carelessness, and waggling her finger at you as though she were lecturing you. What a strange girl. But...

"Excuse me, but who are you?"

The girl freezes, and her expression grows perturbed. Her hat falls off, letting her short brown hair tumble loose. Sharp red eyes glare angrily at you.

"What do you mean who am I? I'm Lyrica Prismriver, of course!" She sounds smug about that.

You just stare at her.

"Wait... you mean you really don't know?"

You shake your head.

"Aw, looks like I have to work on my reputation more than I thought." She sounds dejected now, and she's shut her eyes. She reaches out to retrieve her hat, and rotates back into an upright position.

"Anyway, if you didn't know who I was, why did you come here after me?"

"Well I was actually taking a walk out here. I heard you playing that keyboard, so I followed the sound. Why were you out here, anyway?"

"I was looking for sounds, of course," Lyrica replies as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. She brightens up again. "Thanks to your bumbling, I've got a perect new sound, too! Hah, those sisters of mine are gonna be so jealous!"

Her face suddenly turns particularly crafty. "As thanks for helping me, I'll even let you escort me back to them! Merlin will be really jealous if she sees a cute guy at my side!"

You raise one eyebrow.

"You think I'm cute?"

Lyrica turns red for a moment. "H-hey! Shut up! It's not like that, alright? I'm just saying she'd think you were cute, that's all! You want to do it or not?"

She's kind of boyish and overly energetic, but she's actually kind of charming.

[ ] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!

[ ] Turn her down. This is going to be a hassle.
Expand all images
>> No. 4062
Crap, forgot my subject line.
>> No. 4063
One question. Does this anon have any powers yet?
>> No. 4064
>>4063

None yet. He'll gain a few as the story goes on, but don't expect to be kicking ass and taking names. The standard set of ghost powers will come in eventually, with maybe one or two other tricks.
>> No. 4065
[] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!
We need to meet more people anyway.
>> No. 4066
[X] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!

Gotta pass this eternity somehow.
>> No. 4067
[ ] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!
>> No. 4068
[x] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!

It might be a hassle, but it won't be boring.
>> No. 4078
[x] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!
>> No. 4079
[x] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!
>> No. 4080
Alright, fun with Lyrica. Writing.
>> No. 4081
[x] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!

So the other sisters will convince her to play a danmaku solo for her new "friend"?
>> No. 4082
[ ] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!

Let's meet everyone.
>> No. 4083
>>4081
So we're gonna face Concerto Grosso already? Well, it's better than Merlin's opener, those damned pin phantoms...
>> No. 4101
File 121243892110.jpg - (147.49KB, 450x600, 25xp.jpg) [iqdb]
4101
[X] Agree to escort her back. This could be fun!

***

"Alright, alright. I'll escort you back. Happy?"

Lyrica opens her mouth to say something, but quickly blushes again. "Hey! Were you just trying to make me say something embarrassing again?"

You roll your eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me! You wanted me to say it made me happy, just so you could tease me about being happy because of you! It'll take more than that to trick me!"

She really is self-assured, isn't she?

You get to your feet and hold out your arm for her. Lyrica wraps her own arms around yours in response, and the two of you set off, Lyrica's keyboard trailing behind. Walking through the marshes with her, it occurs to you that the two of you must look like a couple right now - strolling together through a secluded area, complete with sunset lighting streaming down through the small gaps in the tree canopy, and a soft melody pouring from the flying keyboard. You take a peek at Lyrica, and catch her doing the same to you. She turns her head away and blushes.

Okay, so maybe she's not as self-assured as you thought.

In what seems like no time, the two of you have cleared the tree line, and you're back at the rear entrance to the manor. It's definitely late evening now, and the sunset is almost over. Lyrica's calmed down quite a bit, and you can hear the keyboard behind you going through the melody that she used the sound of your fall in. You'd thought that it might have some automatic play feature, but you can tell that it's toying with the tune, so maybe she can play it without her hands?

"Hey," she pipes up for a moment and gestures to the side of the manor, "my sisters and I came in by the front, so that's where we ought to find them. Let's just go around, it'll be faster than going through the building."

You nod, and the two of you begin to walk around the manor. Once you near the front of the building, you can hear faint snatches of conversation coming from around the corner. You're still too far to hear what they're saying.

Rounding the corner, you can see Yuyuko sitting on the porch, just like when you talked with her earlier. There's a pair of women you don't recognize, one on either side of her. They're wearing outfits identical to Lyrica's, though in different colors and with different decorations on their hats; one is in black, with a moon decoration, and the other is in a light shade of pink, with a sun decoration. The woman in black has short blond hair framing her face, and the woman in pink has wavy hair in a pale blue shade. You figure that those must be Lyrica's sisters.

Drawing close, the women look up and notice you, they turn to say something to Yuyuko, who smiles and nods. They wait for you to stroll up to them before they say anything. The blond woman gives Lyrica an irritated look.

"So nice of you to finally join us, Lyrica. Really, of all the irresponsible--"

"Yeah, yeah. Stow it, Lunasa. I got here just fine, didn't I?" Lyrica brushes her off without hesitation.

"More importantly, who's this?" The other woman gives you an almost predatory smile. There's a strange gleam in her eye.

"That's the guest I was telling you about, Merlin. He's so reliable, isn't he? Finding your sister for us before we even have to ask!" Yuyuko gushes like a schoolgirl, complete with a big blush across her face. You're pretty sure she's faking that, though.

"Oh, I agree! Someone so reliable deserves a reward, don't you think?" Merlin's voice sounds nothing short of lascivious. She slinks over to you in a somewhat provocative manner, and wraps her arms around your free arm, mirroring Lyrica's hold on you. "What could we offer a cute boy like you as thanks? I'm sure I have something you'd like." Her voice is practically dripping with sexual connotations, and you can't help but notice her ample bossom pressing against your arm...

"I'm sure I can find something he'd like on my own. After all, Merlin, he won't want something you give away to everyone you meet." There's a sharp edge to Lyrica's words, and you can feel her arms tightening around yours. You're pretty sure that she's glaring at her sister, but you don't want to turn your head to find out.

"Idiots. Both of you. Stop treating him like a toy and get ready to go." Lunasa's voice is soft and low, but there's a commanding tone to it. Both the sisters let go of you with some reluctance, and shuffle over to Lunasa as she gets to her feet.

"We're going already?" Lyrica sounds disappointed.

"Yes, we're going. While you were off playing around, we worked out the details for tomorrow night's party on our own. Maybe next time you'd like to participate instead of running off to play."

"Hey, that's not it! I wasn't just playing around!"

Lunasa ignores her, and turns to face you.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure my little sister was a pest. I'll make sure she doesn't bother you next time."

Lyrica looks about ready to explode now. Best step in before things get ugly.

"It's no trouble at all. It was nice meeting her. I had fun."

Lunasa seems skeptical, and Lyrica's face lights up with a smug pride.

"Oh. My mistake, then. If you can put up with her, you must be interesting person. No wonder you retained your shape. I'd like to stay and chat, but we'll have to save it for next time. Lyrica, Merlin, we're going."

Lunasa finishes with a curt bow to you, and walks off without another word, passing by you without so much as a second glance. Lyrica and Merlin hurry after her. Turning to watch them over your shoulder, you see Lyrica give you an apologetic smile and a wave, and Merlin blow you a kiss. Once the three sisters are a decent ways away, they lift off the path and fly away into the night sky.

"Those sisters are certainly something, aren't they?"

Yuyuko is smiling at you. She winks suggestively.

"But I'm sure you know that first hand, eh? You and Lyrica sure took some time out there. Why, I wonder what get take a boy and girl so long to do all alone together..."

You know she's teasing you, but you feel a little warm anyway. Really, the thought of doing that with Lyrica... actually, that's an appealing prospect. You're pretty sure that you just got hotter.

"Or maybe I just put the idea in your head?" Yuyuko's grinning now. Damn, she's perceptive.

"I'm sure you've had your fill of pretty girls for the day, but would you care to share some tea with me?"

You nod, and take a seat on the porch beside her. It occurs to you that you dropped your own cup of tea when Lyrica shoved you over in the marshes. You'd go back to get it, but you suddenly feel quite tired. Maybe some time in the morning. You reach for the one cup of tea that sits on the tray beside her. You note absently that it must have been meant for Lyrica; Merlin and Lunasa both left behind half-emptied cups of tea near where they were sitting.

Really, you feel quite tired now. More so than you'd have thought you would. You yawn.

[ ] Drink tea with Yuyuko in silence, and then turn in for the night.

[ ] Lunasa mentioned a party tomorrow. Ask Yuyuko what she was talking about.

[ ] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.

[ ] Ask Yuyuko something else. (Specify)
>> No. 4103
[ ] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.
>> No. 4104
[ ] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.

Shape retainin gaems.
>> No. 4105
[z] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.
>> No. 4106
[ ] Lunasa mentioned a party tomorrow. Ask Yuyuko what she was talking about.
[ ] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.
>> No. 4108
[ ] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.
>> No. 4109
[x] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.

Indeed, it is an interesting question.
>> No. 4110
[x] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.

Do we, for instance, have a penis?
>> No. 4111
[x] Lunasa mentioned a party tomorrow. Ask Yuyuko what she was talking about.
[x] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.
>> No. 4112
[ ] Lunasa mentioned a party tomorrow. Ask Yuyuko what she was talking about.

[] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.
>> No. 4113
[X] What did that comment Lunasa made about retaining your shape mean? Ask Yuyuko.

***

"Hey, Miss Yuyuko."

"You can just call me Yuyuko. Just because everyone insists on being formal doesn't mean they have to."

"Okay, Yuyuko. Lunasa said something about me retaining my shape. What did she mean by that?"

You punctuate your question with a yawn.

"Ah? Well, most ghosts take the form of fool's fire, or jack of the lantern. Just lights. If you look over there, you can see some of them."

You follow her gesture and glance up the path to the gardens. There are several shimmering balls of light floating around, just like in the marshes. They seem to come together in groups, and they dance and shake about. Pretty lively for dead people.

You resist the urge to yawn again. Just watching them move like that sure drains your energy.

"People with a strong will can retain their shape as a ghost. That's why she said that. She was just making fun of her sister, by saying that you must have great strength to be able to put up with her."

Is that what she meant? You're cold, Lunasa.

Your eyes droop. Yuyuko is saying something else, but you can't quite catch it. The image of those lights floating about, and fog rolling in are so tiring to watch. So tiring. If you just close your eyes...

Yeah, just close your eyes...

---

End of Day 1

***

And that's a good point for a break. 7 minutes while I try to work this kink out of my back. I'll return with the first dream sequence.
>> No. 4129
And here we go.

***

Floating again above an endless sea of grass, under a starless sky.

But now the sea has a shore. Off to the east, a deep forest of cherry trees in a ceaseless storm of whirling pink blossoms.

To the northeast an enormous cherry tree, reaching to the heavens, so grand that the sakura forest shies away from it.

To the southeast a broken down mansion, with its windows boarded and ragged holes that seem like gaping wounds. The wind moans mournfully as it passes.

Where do you go?

[ ] Cherry tree forest.

[ ] Colossal cherry tree.

[ ] Ruined mansion.
>> No. 4130
>>4129

Forgot my trip.
>> No. 4131
[ ] Colossal cherry tree.
>> No. 4134
[ ] Colossal cherry tree.
>> No. 4135
[ ] Colossal cherry tree.

Why halo thar death tree!
>> No. 4136
[ ] Colossal cherry tree.

YUYUKO-SAMA
>> No. 4137
File 121244841545.jpg - (163.19KB, 500x700, 121082972218.jpg) [iqdb]
4137
>>4060

[ x ] Colossal cherry tree.

On a side note, Lyrica moe~ do want!
>> No. 4139
>>4137
Then vote for
[ ] Ruined mansion.

The Primsivers are a welcome change in my eyes, Yuyuko is a whore anyway.
>> No. 4141
[ ] Cherry tree forest.

Youmoe~
>> No. 4142
File 121245210028.jpg - (91.90KB, 640x480, yuyuko165.jpg) [iqdb]
4142
[X] Colossal cherry tree.

***

That gargantuan tree... how very...

Is it beautiful, or is it hideous?

With a single thought, you float through the void, twisting and rolling with the wind as it pulls you to your destination. The grass rises and ripples in waves, as if it were folowing you. And the smell is there, that fresh grass smell hanging in the back of your senses.

As you pull close to the tree, the sky changes. No longer is it an empty blackness, but instead a sickly gray, with ominous clouds swirling above. A new smell assaults you, rotten and foul - the smell of corpses and blood. It is only that faint grass smell that sticks to you preventing you from being overpowered.

Drawing close now, you can see the tree clearly. Those massive branches aren't swathed in pink, as you had thought, but instead in a bloody red that deepens as they grow closer to the tree's trunk. Skeletons and bodies lay in heaps around the roots. Wayward spirits drift idly along the tree, as if trapped.

Really... how ugly.

"It's very big."

Ah, that was...

On a gnarled old tree, gutted by one of the giant's roots, there sits a girl. She's small. Very small. No more than ten. Mussed red hair adorns her head, dark brown eyes peering from beneath the crimson curtain. Those eyes look so hollow, so vacant. The unadorned kimono she wears is large enough for to huddle inside, making her appear to be little more than a tangle of fabric and hair, lumped into a ball.

"I don't like it."

She's looking past you, staring at that giant monstrosity.

"I don't like it. It's too big."

You drift behind her, settle your hands on her shoulders. Is it the tree? Is the tree too big?

"Not just the tree. The death. The death is too big."

Yes, the corpses and skeletons. There are too many. It's very sad.

"Not just those. You can't see it. I'm the only one who can see it."

The only one who can see it. That's lonely.

"Yes. Very lonely. I don't want to be the only one. I don't want to be the only one."

She's crying. That's very sad. Very sad...

---

Your eyes flutter open, and you lay still. The smell of blood lingers in your nose, and your face is wet. Were you crying? You feel... very sad, for some reason.

But even so, you feel refreshed. Much better than you did last night. It's like the hell Youmu put you through never even happened. You feel a little happier now. There's some faint light coming through one window - you'd guess it's dawn. You're surprisingly better off, then, considering that you could only have slept a few hours.

Well, it's a new day in what seems to be your new home. You throw the sheets off of you, and roll out of the futon you were laying in. And you freeze.

Your clothes are different.

They seem familiar somehow. A long and baggy purple jacket, covered in orange cloud patterns. A black skirt of sorts, tied at the waist with a black sash. It's shocking enough that your entire outfit is different, especially since it was just as ghostly as you. You've never seen this before, but you could swear that you...

Well, it's not important. Maybe Yuyuko or Youmu changed you into this. You can always ask them later.

You tidy up the room, folding the sheets and futon, and storing them in one corner. There's nothing much else in here, so it should be fine for you to just leave the room as it is. Now, what to do with the morning?

[ ] Go for an early morning walk.

[ ] Go look for Yuyuko.

[ ] Go look for Youmu.
>> No. 4144
[ ] Go look for Yuyuko.
>> No. 4148
>>4142
[ ] Go look for Yuyuko.

If this is the route after
>> No. 4149
[ ] Go look for Yuyuko.
>> No. 4152
[ ] Go look for Yuyuko.

Yuyuko is love.
>> No. 4154
File 121245338497.png - (112.24KB, 400x400, Yuyuko2.png) [iqdb]
4154
>>4139
>> No. 4155
[x] Go look for Yuyuko.

I wonder what she'll say about our new threads.
>> No. 4156
File 121245363418.jpg - (206.92KB, 500x484, 3f39846101775fde6da9fb67d95503f5.jpg) [iqdb]
4156
Purple jacket w/orange clouds on black with a black sash?
The hell...

[ x ] Go look for Yuyuko.

For she is the King of the Trolls. Yukari is just a bitch.
>> No. 4157
>>4152
[ ] Go look for Yuyuko.

This man speaks truth.
>> No. 4159
>>4156
>Purple jacket w/orange clouds on black with a black sash? The hell...

It might be a bit odd to picture if you think of the wrong shades of purple and orange. I may try to do a sketch of it sometime. Or maybe just a block pattern to give you an idea of what I mean. My art skills are considerably less developed than my writing skills, though.

Also, landslide victory for Yuyu. Writing.
>> No. 4172
File 121245735623.jpg - (59.87KB, 453x600, sexyyuyu016.jpg) [iqdb]
4172
[X] Go look for Yuyuko.

***

You decide to look for your hostess. For some reason you think of her crying. She's probably not, but you feel like you'll be uneasy until you check on her. Even so, once you step out of your room you're left standing in the hall with little idea of where to go. Where could you find her...

Oh. Right.

A handful of minutes later and you've made your way back to the dining room you used for lunch yesterday. Sure enough, Yuyuko is seated at the table, enjoying several different breakfast dishes. And some desserts. The whole meal is much smaller than the one you ate with her.

"Good morning, Yuyuko."

She glances up at you mid-bite, a large piece of pancake sticking out of her mouth. It would be comical, except for the fact that a long trail of syrup has started slipping off it, running down her neck and right into her cleavage. It's making it a little difficult for you to focus on her face while you talk to her.

A muffled sound comes out of her mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full."

She swallows the large pancake chunk in a single motion, before reaching into her kimono and gathering up the spilled syrup with her fingers. Slipping each finger into her mouth, she withdraws them one by one, sucking the syrup off and leaving small glistening chords between her mouth and hand. You wonder if she's trying to get a rise out of you; it's working, although that's probably not the kind of rise she's going for. Probably.

"I said, good morning!" She beams at you. "It looks like you settled on some more definite clothes! They're a little strange, but I think they suit you."

You glance down at your odd outfit. "You didn't put me in these? I didn't recognize these, so I thought someone must have changed my clothes for me."

She shakes her head and wags her finger. "No, no. You're a ghost. Your clothes are ghostly, too. You can make them into almost anything you want, really. It gets easier as you get used to being disembodied. Speaking of which, you're looking a little more colorful today!"

You take a glance at your hands. Sure enough, there's a slightly more skin-like tone to them. They're still translucent, though.

"The longer you're a ghost, the more used to being one you become. Eventually you'll learn to do things without the benefit of a body. That includes looking mostly alive."

Well, that's kind of cool. You take a seat at the table next to Yuyuko, pulling your little cushion over to sit on. You're not hungry at all, but you reach out and swipe a banana off the table anyway. You're not really sure you need to eat at all, but that sleep sure did wonders for you, so maybe this'll help you stay more active.

"Hey, Yuyuko, is there anything planned for today?" You don't have much to do, so you might as well ask. You seem to remember something about a party...

"Oh, yes," Yuyuko lights up, "there's going to be a big party tonight! A friend of mine will be coming over later, too. She'll be bringing her family to help prepare for the event."

Oh? That sounds interesting.

"So, what's this party for?"

"You need an excuse to have a party?" Yuyuko looks at you quizzically. "But, really, it's to welcome our new guest! We haven't had any guests here in a long time, you know!"

Oh, wow. They're throwing a party for you? Or maybe they're using you as an excuse to have a party? Well, at least it should be entertaining either way.

"There's nothing to do before the others arrive to help with the party, but everyone will be so busy preparing for it. If there's anything you want to do, you should do it before lunch. Everything will be quite hectic after that."

So, anything you want to do, do before lunch. Well, it's still the tail end of dawn. You should have time to spare for now.

[ ] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.

[ ] Get up and go find Youmu.

[ ] Go and do something on your own.
>> No. 4173
File 121245747635.gif - (91.72KB, 600x600, yuyuween.gif) [iqdb]
4173
>>4159

Why can't I not picture Halloween related things after reading those two posts now.
>> No. 4174
[ ] Get up and go find Youmu.
>> No. 4175
>>4172

[ x ] Go and do something on your own.

Play with sum ghosts.
>> No. 4176
[X] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.
>> No. 4177
[ ] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.

On the Yuyuko route, you spend time with Yuyuko.
>> No. 4178
[X] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.
>> No. 4179
[ ] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.

Come on then lady slut ghost, make this anon your bitch
>> No. 4181
[x] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.
>> No. 4182
[ ] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.
>> No. 4183
BTW there's a Youmu dump going on in /jp/ should you need pictures:

http://zip.4chan.org/jp/res/742686.html#748731
>> No. 4187
>>4183

Need Youmu pictures? For my 400+ image folder?

Eh, more can never hurt. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, 7 minutes while I eat dinner and other people use the computer.
>> No. 4191
[ ] Get up and go find Youmu.
>> No. 4192
[X] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.
>> No. 4197
[x] Get up and go find Youmu.

See what's up with the other permanent resident.
>> No. 4208
>>4139
>Yuyuko is a whore anyway.
Fuck you, I want my MILF route. We haven't taken one in any VN yet; it's high time that changed.

Besides, you were supporting Yuyuko just last thread.
>> No. 4209
[X] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.
So, should this anon get a name?
>> No. 4210
File 121247281152.png - (79.04KB, 300x400, yuyuko119.png) [iqdb]
4210
[X] Spend some more time with Yuyuko.

***

"Well, I haven't been here very long, so I don't know if there's anything specific that I want to do. How about you?"

Yuyuko looks thoughtful for a moment.

"Well, I suppose I've been spending too much time indoors lately. Perhaps you'd like to accompany me on a walk?"

Why not? You've hardly gotten the chance to look over all of Hakugyokuro yet. All you've seen is the main path to the manor, and the marshes out back. The last you walk you had was a calming experience, so maybe this will help get you into a good mood.

"Sure. Where should we go?"

"I'd like to see one of the side gardens before Youmu gets to it this morning. She should still be practicing her swordsmanship right now, so if we head out now we can reach it long before she sets to work on it."

Wanting to see the garden before its trimmed? A little odd, but then again, you enjoyed walking barefoot through a marsh. You don't suppose you have any right to judge her on this one.

"Alright then, let's go. There's no time like the present."

Yuyuko smiles, and the two of you get up to go.

---

You and Yuyuko stroll side by side through a small grove of sakura trees and wild berries. Sunlight pours through the trees in mottled beams, and the shade keeps you pleasantly cool. The plants look just slightly more wild here than the other ones you've seen in Hakugyokuro - a too-high bush here, a tree with a few too many branches there. The atmosphere feels slightly more chaotic here, probably because everything else in Hakugyokuro is so well maintained.

To your surprise, Yuyuko has opted to walk, instead of employ her usual floating motion. Maybe she wants to keep in shape... no, she's a ghost, so keeping in shape wouldn't be the same as it would for a human. Maybe it's just another way for her to change her routine.

This is pleasant. Yuyuko was right - there's something nice about the garden when it's a little overgrown. Still, for some reason the thought of a tree going rampant... really bothers you. Like there's a bad memory about that somewhere in the back of your head. You decide to keep your peace, though, just to avoid spoiling the moment.

But thinking of overgrown plants brings you to thinking about that giant tree out behind the manor. It's been on your mind for a while now, and you can't resist the chance to ask Yuyuko what it is.

"Hey, Yuyuko."

She hums in reply.

"I've been meaning to ask; what's up with that gigantic tree in the marshes?"

There's no response. You turn your head and look at Yuyuko, and see that she's frowning a bit.

"Yuyuko?"

"I'm sorry," she sighs, "that's the Saigyou Ayakashi."

"Saigyou Ayakashi?"

"I suppose I have to explain it some time. The Saigyou Ayakashi is a youkai cherry tree."

"Youkai cherry tree?"

"Yes. It's a vicious monster that devours the lives of those who approach it. It was sealed a long time ago by someone in the family."

A terrifying monster, huh? Yeah, you can see that. The image in your mind is startlingly clear: a colossal tree in full bloom, with petals red as blood and a mound of corpses below it. You shudder involuntarily.

"Alright. Thanks for telling me Yuyuko. Sorry about bringing that up."

"No, no. It's important, and you should know of it. Now that you do, please see to it that you don't disturb it in any way. It's a rather dangerous thing, after all."

"Of course." You don't need any convincing to keep you away from it. That thing generates a really negative feeling around itself.

The two of you continue walking in silence. The heavy atmosphere eventually recedes as you enjoy the quiet stroll.

---

Soon enough, you and Yuyuko find yourselves back at the entrance to the manor. Yuyuko turns to you once you reach the porch.

"Ah, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to lay down for a bit. I think I'll retire to my room for now. If anyone comes by and asks for me, please tell Youmu."

You nod, and Yuyuko walks off. She looks a little troubled, but it's probably best to let her deal with it herself. That Saigyou Ayakashi seems to be something sad for her.

Well, you're on your own now. The dawn has ended, but you still have some time before noon. You could try looking for Youmu - she ought to be going through the section of garden you just left about now. Alternatively, you could always do something on your own.

[ ] Go find Youmu.

[ ] Just do your own thing.
>> No. 4211
That's it from me for the night. I'm getting tired, and it's starting to affect my writing. I'll see you all in the morning.
>> No. 4212
[ ] Go find Youmu.

G'night
>> No. 4213
[ ] Just do your own thing.

...unless that choice is codeword for "end love score-gathering scenes and continue to next plot point". If that's the case, I'd rather...

[ ] Go find Youmu.
>> No. 4214
[x] Go find Youmu.
>> No. 4215
[ ] Go find Youmu.
>> No. 4225
gb2/shrine
>> No. 4230
[x] Go find Youmu.
>> No. 4231
[X] Go find Youmu.
>> No. 4232
[x] Go find Youmu.

if she hits us with her sword, it's only reasonable that we have to hit her with our sword, if you know what i mean.
>> No. 4233
>>4224
And here I thought you had some taste.
>> No. 4262
File 121252155879.png - (172.53KB, 640x368, shirou.png) [iqdb]
4262
>>4232
Do you mean Caliburn? But it's really hard to image that...
>> No. 4264
[X] Just do your own thing.
Youmu is great and all, but I'd like to see what comes out of this. Perhaps Lyrica encounter, that results in more time with other sisters too?
Sure, it's hopeless to vote now.
>> No. 4265
[] Just do your own thing.

Okay, tought about it, this sounds better. Changing vote.
>> No. 4266
[ ] Just do your own thing.
>> No. 4268
Fine then. Vote deleted and changed;

[x] Just do your own thing.
>> No. 4282
File 121252583783.jpg - (180.28KB, 710x380, youmu239.jpg) [iqdb]
4282
[X] Go find Youmu.

***

It's too nice of a day to let it go to waste, and it sounds like no one will be free for much after lunch, so you figure you should go see Youmu while you have the chance. You set off down the path to the segment of the garden you were just in. You wonder idly how different it will look once Youmu's finished.

Before you know it, you're walking in the little grove of slightly unkempt trees again. You don't see Youmu anywhere, but she'll have to be through here if she's intent on performing her duties as a gardener this morning. You wonder about her schedule for a moment - the gardens are enormous, and taking care of them would be incredibly difficut. In fact, you'd wager it should be impossible for anyone to manage it on their own.

As you amble along the path, you hear a loud boom somewhere in the distance behind you, and enormous burst of wind causes you stumble backwards. Several of the trees to your right bend slightly, and several dead limbs fall out of them, sliced cleanly as though someone had carefully cut them off. Just a few seconds later you hear a second boom, this time coming from somewhere up ahead, and the ensuing burst of wind forces you forward a few steps. You feel a little disoriented, but you notice that the falling tree limbs have vanished entirely, before even one had managed to hit the ground.

What the hell was that?

You hear the now familiar boom, and you brace yourself. The wind is much stronger this time. You notice that a line of hedges beside you has been perfectly trimmed, and bits and pieces of it are sliding off. That boom again, much closer, and you don't get to see the results, because the force of the wind throws you clean off your feet and into a tree on your left.

You hold one hand to your head and one hand to the tree behind you, and try to steady yourself. The world is spins in your vision, and there's a loud ringing noise in your ears. You hear that boom again and close your eyes, expecting to be thrown again. A fe second pass and nothing happens.

You open your eyes, and see Youmu standing in front of you, a large bag filled with clippings and dead plants slung across her shoulder. She looks rather concerned.

"Are you alright? What are you doing out here?" Here voice sounds a little muffled. Like your ears were filled with water.

"I thought you were supposed to be gardening here, and I wanted to see how you managed it."

Youmu's face colors a little, and she mumbles out something in reply. Your addled hearing can't make heads or tails of it, though, and all you catach is something about unconventional methods.

"At any rate, it's dangerous for you to be out here while I tend to the gardens. Please return to the manor for now."

You nod, and stumble away a little off kilter. You manage to find the path back to the manor, and it doesn't take you too long to get out of that segment of the gardens. You weren't very far in, anyway. As you leave, you hear that boom again.

What the hell is she doing, anyway?

Eventually you find yourself sitting on the porch again, nursing your ears. Those booms must have been louder than you thought. You glance up at the sky, and it looks like it'll be just a little longer until noon. There's not much time to do anything. You might be able to go in and get something to eat or drink, though you're still not hungry; if there's a party tonight, the kitchen will probably get pretty busy during the preparations. On the other hand, you could just sit here for a while and enjoy the outdoors for a bit. Or at least, enjoy it as best you can with ringing ears and somewhat jittery vision.

[ ] Stay here and try to recover.

[ ] Head to the kitchen. Maybe some water or something will help clear your head.
>> No. 4284
Oh, wow, sudden surge of doing your own thing there. Maybe next time, guys.
>> No. 4285
>>4284
Yeah, we still lost. No big deal anyway, a Youmu is fine too.
>> No. 4286
[] Head to the kitchen. Maybe some water or something will help clear your head.

That sounds better than sitting outside.
>> No. 4287
] Head to the kitchen. Maybe some water or something will help clear your head.
>> No. 4288
[X] Stay here and try to recover.
>> No. 4289
[ ] Head to the kitchen. Maybe some water or something will help clear your head.
>> No. 4290
[x] Stay here and try to recover.
>> No. 4298
[x] Stay here and try to recover.
>> No. 4316
[X] Stay here and try to recover.
>> No. 4317
That's a long standing tie, right there. Must be a slow period. Well, it's been long enough that I'll go ahead and say next vote gets it.
>> No. 4318
Oh, hey, nevermind. Looks like sitting on the porch it is.
>> No. 4337
File 12125344482.jpg - (244.53KB, 450x442, 3md7.jpg) [iqdb]
4337
[X] Stay here and try to recover.

***

You decide to just stay out for what you have left of the morning. Your balance is probably off after being thrown around like that, anyway. Better not to make a mess out of the kitchen.

It takes a while, but eventually that ringing in your ears fades, and the world stops sliding around. You heave a sigh, and lean back with a stretch. There's still a faint booming coming from out in the gardens somewhere; Youmu must be hard at work. Looks like it'll be a while before anyone else is free. At least the weather's nice, today.

Wait.

You pause for a moment, and gaze out along the main path to the manor. That fog that rolled in last night is actually still there, though it's wispy and thin enough that you can see through it easily. You can see a lot of those will-o'-wisp type ghosts drifting through it, mostly in small congregations, bouncing excitedly. You take a look into the sky and see that the sun is shining bright. Maybe that fog is produced by the ghosts? It seems like it follows them around, anyway.

You watch the ghosts for a little while longer, although their luminous forms are a bit hard to distinguish thanks to the bright mid-day sun. After a while, you see two sillouhettes moving through the mist. One of them is bouncing around as energetically as the ghosts, the other just moves forward steadily. They're coming towards you.

Once they've cleared the mist, they become close and clear enough to see. The lively one is a little girl in a red dress, knee-high socks, and dress shoes. She's got a worn green bonnet, too. You would write her off as nothing out of the ordinary, but you can see a pair of large cat ears, one pierced, poking out from beneath her messy brown hair, not to mention the split cat tail that pops out the back of her dress.

The steady silhouette belonged to a very tall blond woman. Her clothing is a strange fusion of Chinese and Western fashion - a long frilly dress with long sleeves that hide her arms and hands, and a garment that reminds you of a cheong-sam draped over it. A pair of what look like heavily modified work boots are visible beneath the hem of her dress, and a huge bunch of bushy fox tails poke out the back - you can count nine tails. Her short hair is topped with a bizarre looking hat covered with amulets, and judging from the shape it probably conceals a pair of fox ears.

What a strange looking pair.

You watch them impassively. They're not being sneaky or anything. Maybe they're here about that party tonight?

The taller woman shouts something suddenly, and you realize that you've lost track of the small girl. A few seconds later, you're sent sprawling onto your back. All you can see the cat girl's brown eyes peering straight into yours, and you note absently that she even has cat-like pupils. She's not saying anything, but you can feel her hands pressing against your chest to keep you down. She has a remarkable amount of strength for a little girl.

[ ] Don't do anything.

[ ] Try and sit up.

[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
>> No. 4339
[x] Reach up and try to pet her.

This cat is impossible to resist.
>> No. 4340
C...cat...

[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
>> No. 4342
[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
>> No. 4343
[ ] Reach up and try to pet her

I like this Chen already
>> No. 4344
[ ] Reach up and try to pet her.
>> No. 4349
[x] "Hi there. Do you greet everyone like this?"
>> No. 4351
[x] Reach up and try to pet her.

Don't really need that limb as a ghost.
>> No. 4352
[x] Reach up and try to pet her.

Always a good decision
>> No. 4354
[x] Reach up and try to pet her.
>> No. 4356
Lots of love for Chen. Can't say I blame you.
>> No. 4380
File 121254161772.jpg - (160.30KB, 700x800, 3h7k.jpg) [iqdb]
4380
[X] Reach up and try to pet her.

***

Yeah, no matter how you look at it, this girls is a cat. So, the best thing to do is...

You move your arm to pet her, but stop once you hear her. She's making a strange sort of sound; it's not a growl or a hiss, but it's clearly aggressive. It sounds sort of like... sort of like a stuttered breath. Like she was exhaling steadily or humming while vibrating her vocal chords. You're acutely aware of the fact that her nails have started digging into you.

Okay, okay. Just slow down then.

You feel a little shaky, and your arm trembles a little as you move it slowly. Very slowly. After what seems like an eternity, your hand lands gently on the girl's upper back. The moment your hand makes contact with her, her eyes open a little bit wider, and her stare seems to intensify. Her nails dig a little deeper.

Gently, now, you slide your hand across her back. She's small enough and hunched enough that you manage to slide it all the way down to the base of her tails by the time you've finished. She doesn't seem to react to your motion, but that's better than her getting any more aggressive, so you repeat the action.

Once. Twice. Three times. As you pet her, the girl slowly relaxes. She stops making that sound, and she narrows her eyes at you. Soon you can hear a sort of purring sound from her. Her nails digging into your skin and then releasing it, again and again... is she kneading you?

All the tension seems to melt out of her body, and she gradually slides down until she's laying flat out on top of you, stretched out. You can't really pet her completely when she's stretched out like that, so you settle for resting your hand on the back of her head and scratching at one of her ears. She seems to like that well enough. Every now and again you run your hand through her hair, and scratch at the base of her skull. She squirms a little when you do it, but she's still purring.

Yeah, it's just like having a really big cat on top of you. After a while, you hear a stern, if somewhat distressed voice addressing the girl.

"Chen! What have I told you about strangers! You mustn't be so aggressive!"

The cat girl perks up one of her ears, and buries her head in you chest. Her high pitched voice's reply is muffled by the fabric of your jacket.

"But it turned out fine, Miss Ran! See, this guy doesn't mind!"

"That's not the point! What if it didn't turn out fine? If you hurt him, what were you going to tell everyone? Now apologize to him!"

Chen looks up at you with a sulky expression.

"Sorry, mister."

"It's fine, isn't it? No harm done." You scratch at one of her ears again, and she smiles.

"See, see Miss Ran! I like this guy! He's nice!"

There's a sigh from behind her, and she's lifted into the air by the back of her dress. You sit up, and you see that the tall woman that had been with her is holding Chen up with one hand. Chen flails around a little, complaining loudly.

"Hush now." The woman gives Chen a stern command, and drops her unceremoniously onto the ground. Chen frowns and glares at her.

The woman looks you over with a critical eye. "Are you Miss Yuyuko's new guest?"

You nod.

"I apologize for my shikigami. She must work on her manners."

"I already said that it's fine, right?"

Chen brightens up a little, and gets to her feet.

The woman sighs again. "Yes, that's right. I am Ran Yakumo, and my shikigami is--"

"Chen!"

Ran massages her forehead, as though she were dealing with a problem. "Yes, she's Chen. We are here to help with the preparations for tonight's party. We are a bit early, I believe. Do you know where your hostess is?"

"Yuyuko said she was going to rest in her room for a while."

Ran looks surprised. "Oh? How unusual. In that case, has another woman come here before us? Slightly shorter than me, with long blond hair? In a purple dress, carrying a parasol?"

What? You shake your head. You haven't seen anyone like that.

This time she just plants her face in her palm. "Of course. Really, if she were any less reliable..."

She seems to be a very stressed woman, doesn't she?

"I think Youmu is tending to the gardens right now. She ought to be finished before too long. If you need to talk to someone, you could wait for her with me." You give her the suggestion mostly out of pity.

She nods, looking grateful. "Yes, I suppose she would be the best one to speak with. She should know what needs to be done. I don't suppose either of those two would be any help in the end, either."

Those two?

"Well, I should take you up on your offer, and wait here. I believe I'll make some tea while we wait. Would you care for any?"

You nod. That sounds nice.

"Alright, then. Chen!"

Chen snaps to attention.

"Wait here in case Youmu arrives before I return. Be sure to tell her that I'm here."

"Aw, that's boring! I want to go play!"

"Chen."

Chen's posture slumps, and she pouts and turns her head away from Ran. She doesn't move though. Ran heaves another sigh, and heads inside.

[ ] Follow Ran. Maybe you can help her with the tea.

[ ] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.
>> No. 4383
[x] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.
[x] "Umm...Chen is it? Miss Ran said you were a shikigami. Could you explain to me what that is exactly?"
>> No. 4384
>>4380

[ ] HONK HONK
>> No. 4385
[X] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.
>> No. 4386
[x] Follow Ran. Maybe you can help her with the tea.

RAN
>> No. 4387
>>4380

[►] "Chen? If I see Youmu I can tell her that Ran is here; you can go play."
>> No. 4388
[X] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.
>> No. 4389
[x] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.

Ran needs some alone time.
>> No. 4393
[ ] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.

I have a massive hard on for Chen now.
>> No. 4396
FFFfffffff...

I...I'm a Ran fan.

I'm a Ran fan.

I'm a Ra--

[ ] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.

...I'm going to huddle in a corner and sob now.
>> No. 4397
[+] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.
I hope my moebeetus can take it.
>> No. 4399
[X] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.
>> No. 4400
[ ] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.
>> No. 4414
[ ] Follow Ran. Maybe you can help her with the tea.
Chen is worse than Youmu, even if written cutely.
>> No. 4415
If you haven't figured yet, seven minutes. Got some things that need taking care of.

I'll be back for you guys later with more Chen. Seems you love your cat loli.
>> No. 4417
>>4414
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 4427
File 121255276398.png - (37.76KB, 185x243, 1212249840883.png) [iqdb]
4427
>>4414

WUT.
>> No. 4433
File 121256415682.png - (561.55KB, 800x640, 2oh9.png) [iqdb]
4433
Yeah, actually, I need to get to sleep now. Sorry about that. I feel like I didn't accomplish much today.

You know, I've asked before, but is the pacing of this alright? It might be because I'm the one writing it, or it might be because I'm right, but I feel like I don't update often enough.

Pic unrelated; posting it because it's too fucking hot right now.
>> No. 4434
>>4433
Pacing's just fine.
Didn't really think a Hakugyokuro LA would work out, but you're doing good. Keep it up~
>> No. 4435
>>4434

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU. You need to draw Futako sitting next to Ran cuddling into her stomach and Ran petting futako's hair.
>> No. 4436
>>4433
You perhaps make less posts. But you also write a lot in each one of them, so the pacing is fine.
>> No. 4437
>>4435
I'm already working on >>4271
I'd say I'm about 70% done with the lineart.
>> No. 4487
>>4437

Awesome.
>> No. 4501
File 12126168901.png - (12.03KB, 350x300, 33c2.png) [iqdb]
4501
Sorry for the delay, folks. I'd have had this up sooner, but it's hard to write a moe Chen when the first thing you have to do after waking up is clean cat vomit out of your carpet.

***

[X] Stay here and wait for Youmu with Chen.

***

You let Ran leave to make the tea on her own. She seemed stressed out anyway, maybe letting her do something simple like that will help calm her down.

Still there's nothing much to do right now. Chen's standing where Ran left her, with a bored expression on her face. Well, we can't have that, now can we?

"Hey, Chen."

She perks up and looks at you, tilting her head to one side questioningly.

"Ran said you have to wait here for Youmu, she didn't say you had to stand."

She looks at her feet, startled for a moment, as though she just realized she was standing. With a quick hop, she bounds over to the porch and crawls over to you on all fours, stretching herself lengthwise as she does so. She flops down onto your lap, laying on her stomach.

You scratch at her ears again, and she starts purring.

"Hey, Chen?"

She tries to hum to acknowledge you, but her purring makes the sound come out funny.

"Ran said you were her shikigami. What's a shikigami?"

She scrunches up her nose a little and curious expression crosses her face. When she replies, her purring causes her speech to be choppy as well.

"What do you mean 'what's a shikigami?' I'm a shikigami!"

What a simplistic thought pattern this girl has.

"Yeah, but what does that mean?"

"I have to do what Ran says and stuff, and she takes care of me and teaches me things."

Oh, so it's like a servant or an apprentice, then. Maybe a bit like both of them. There's probably more to it than that, but it's doubtful that you'll get anything more substantive from Chen. She doesn't seem like the kind of person who cares about the fine details of things.

Staying like this with the sun shining bright and Chen in your lap is quite warm, and you feel yourself getting a little sleepy without expending energy for once. You raise your free hand to your mouth to stifle your yawn, but as you raise your arm you feel a soft pull on it. A look downward reveals that Chen is catching at the fabric of your sleeve with the nails on one of her hands, a look of concentration on her face. You pull your arm away until her grip slips, and then move it back towards her. Sure enough, she makes a quick swipe at the baggy end of your sleeve, missing as you pull it just out of her reach.

She really is a cat.

You play with her a little while longer, dangling your sleeve around and letting her catch it every now and again. Once your arm gets tired, you rest your hand on the porch beside you, and Chen takes the opportunity to take a bite of your sleeve. Having her chew on your sleeve doesn't really bother you much - it's not like it should be hard to clean off phantasmal clothing.

Before too long you can see Youmu approaching, and you give her a little wave. Chen seems a little too sleepy to notice her, and doesn't do anything. Youmu glances at Chen as she approaches.

"Ah, I see the nekomata's here. Can I presume her master is here, as well?"

You nod and gesture to the door.

"Ran went inside to make some tea. She said she would like to talk to you."

"Yes," Youmu nods, "if she's here, then I suppose we should get ourselves organized. It's not as though we can expect any help with the preparations."

She looks rather resigned.

[ ] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.

[ ] Stay here with Chen while you figure out something else to do.
>> No. 4502
[x] Stay here with Chen while you figure out something else to do.

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
>> No. 4503
[x] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4504
[x] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4506
[x] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4507
[►] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.

not doing it is a dick move
>> No. 4508
[x] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4509
[★] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4510
[ ] Stay here with Chen while you figure out something else to do.

I can't--

Why can't I pick anything else?
>> No. 4511
[x] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4512
[x] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4513
[ ] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.
>> No. 4514
Passing up a cute cat girl for menial labor? That's not like you Anon, sure I'll take it.

On a separate note, is it just me, or is today a slow day for most of the writefags?
>> No. 4515
>>4514

I guess most of us are busy right now.
>> No. 4517
>>4514

Over saturation of the writefag market has lead to a decrease in attention to overall stories. Keep up quality writing and you'll gain your own specific readership after people stop overlooking it in place of other favorite stories. I myself am quite xenophobic about new stories myself, but found this one to be rather good.

[x] Stay here with Chen while you figure out something else to do.
>> No. 4518
Alright guys, sorry, but I'm really not feeling it today. I'm having trouble finding the right words for things, and finding my inspiration. Didn't get much done today. I'll try and do maybe one or two more posts tonight, but it'll be a while if they do happen.

***

[X] Offer to help Youmu and Ran prepare for the party.

***

"I wouldn't mind helping out. I might not be able to do much for you two, but I can try."

Youmu looks embarrassed again.

"Oh, no! We couldn't ask for your help. It wouldn't be right to make you help set up a party that's being thrown for you."

"It's no trouble. I don't have anything else to do anyway."

Youmu looks hesitant for a moment, and she bites her lip in worry. She stays that way for a few minutes, unable to decide what to do. She's about to say something when a different voice comes from behind you.

"I see you've finished your gardening, Youmu." It's Ran. "Shall we discuss preparations?"

"Just a moment." Youmu replies uneasily.

"You look distressed. Is something the matter?"

"Well, our guest has volunteered his help for preparations, but..." She trails off.

"I see." Ran sits down beside you, a tray bearing several cups of tea in one hand. She passes you a cup before continuing. "We should accept his generosity."

"I know we could use it, but isn't that a little bit..." She trails off again, absentmindedly accepting a cup of tea offered by Ran.

"Well, it is a party for him, is it not? If the guest of honor would like to participate in the organization as well as the event, then does he not have a right to?"

"I suppose." Youmu looks a little more certain now. She takes a seat beside you as well.

With all three of you seated, Ran and Youmu begin to make the arrangements. They seem to have a lot of experience with doing this sort of thing, so you end up mostly listening in as they lay out a plan for the party. You feel a little left out, but they know more about what needs doing than you do. Eventually they seem to have come to some agreement.

"Well then, I am the best suited to cooking duties. I will take care of the kitchen work for tonight." Youmu seems quite confident. You can't blame her, really, considering how much you've seen Yuyuko eat...

"Agreed. I will set up the decorations, tables, and such. Managing physical labor is little trouble for me." Ran sounds sure of herself, if a little put upon. Maybe she has a troublesome mistress, too.

Actually, are they complaining about their jobs right now?

Either way, gathering from what they discussed earlier, there's not much else that you could help with. There was also something about getting the ghosts organized to deal with guests, and keeping them in line so that they didn't interfere with preparations for the party. Come to think of it, there seem to be more of them out and about today. Maybe they get energetic at these times?

Well, you could try and deal with the ghosts, or you could help one of the girls.

[ ] Help Youmu with the food. She can probably do it on her own, but there is a lot to do.

[ ] Help Ran set up the decorations and get tables ready. She makes it sound as though she could do it herself, but it must be a pain.

[ ] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.
>> No. 4519
[ ] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.
>> No. 4520
[x] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.

Hopefully this will lead to us unlocking some sort of ghost power.
>> No. 4521
[ ] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.
>> No. 4522
[ ] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.
>> No. 4523
[x] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.

The ladies can handle their jobs~
>> No. 4525
[x] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.
Ghost powers, yeah!
>> No. 4526
[X] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.

Girls are now preparing.
>> No. 4528
[ ] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.

Spirit Manipulation!
>> No. 4548
[X] Help Youmu with the food. She can probably do it on her own, but there is a lot to do.
>> No. 4553
[ ] Help Youmu with the food. She can probably do it on her own, but there is a lot to do.
>> No. 4585
>>4526
[ ] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.

Please wait warmly.
>> No. 4627
File 121268751344.jpg - (422.38KB, 983x1494, lunatic_girls_51.jpg) [iqdb]
4627
[x] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.

Poor Youmu. Poor Ran. Now we just need Sakuya for the trifecta of overworked servants.
>> No. 4674
Updates plox.
>> No. 4675
Can we has updates?
>> No. 4695
Where are you Patchwork?
>> No. 4709
Back with a vengeance! I think I've got some more kick in me, now.

***

[X] Try and keep the ghosts around here from getting in the way of Youmu and Ran. You're not sure what to do, but you can think of something.

***

"Well, if you two are going to be handling all that, I'll try and keep the ghosts out of your hair."

Youmu looks uncertain again, and she's started fidgeting. One hand travels to her sword and rests on the handle; maybe that's a comfort for her.

"Those ghosts can be a handful, are you really sure that you--"

"Youmu," Ran interrupts, "we already agreed to let him assist, did we not?"

"We did, but--"

"Then let him assist."

Youmu sighs and climbs to her feet, keeping her eyes trained on the ground for a few moments.

"Very well. However," she looks at you intently, "do not hesitate to ask for help if you run into trouble." With that, she shuffles off into the house, heading for the kitchen.

"That girl is so uptight all the time. She should learn to accept help when it comes up." Ran sips at her tea and shakes her head. You think you can see some tears forming in her eyes. "Well, I should tend to my work as well. Do your best."

Ran stands now and moves to leave you to your devices. You note absently that there's a slight slump in her posture. Poor woman looks really overworked. But that just means you have to do a good job keeping the ghosts away from those two.

But how are you supposed to do that?

You just sit there, idly running your hand through Chen's hair for a while. In the distance, you can see the spirits starting to move faster, and some of them are drifting over to the manor. Well, whatever you need to do, you can't do it from here. You slide Chen off of your lap gently - she rolls over once, and curls up into a ball on the porch - and set off to confront the slow-moving tide of ghosts.

The air becomes a little chillier as you close in on your target. From this distance, you can see that the mist the ghosts produce has been obscuring your vision just enough to hide a good number of them. You hear a sort of excited whispering, though you can't find any discernible language in it.

You stand there puzzled, as the wave of souls approaches gradually. You decide to call out to them; better to try something and see if it works, right?

"Hey, ghosts! Ran and Youmu said to keep you away from them! Go back!"

No response. In fact, a couple of those little bastards drift right by you, as though you weren't even there! You're a ghost too, and ignoring you like that is just plain rude. Perturbed, you reach out on impulse and grab at one of the floating orbs.

<Ahn! Where do you think you're touching me?>

The voice speaks straight into your head, but you can feel it pulsing out of the ghost in your hand. It's obviously a female voice, as well, though there's no audible way to know that. Maybe that's just what talking to ghosts is like? You ponder briefly trying to talk to Myon like this, but push that aside to deal with your current situation.

"Well, where do you think you're going, ignoring me like that? That's rude!"

<Shut up and let go! Who cares what you think?>

Damn, what an inconsiderate little thing! You're about to fire off a response when a different, more mature, yet still female and ephemeral voice pulses next to you.

<Hey, kid, throw her at that bunch of ghosts over there.>

The voice is coming from a particularly bright, greenish ghost orb that's hovering just over your shoulder. Your eyes automatically travel over to a somewhat scattered group of spirits that chittering loudly in that strange wordless noise. The ghost that just spoke must have made some sort of gesture towards them, because you knew exactly what she was talking about.

Seeing nothing better to do, and with the ghost in your hand still complaining about how poorly you handle ladies, you rear back and throw the spirit straight at the indicated group. She bounces around like a pinball, knocking several of the other spirits into separate flight paths, and creating a chain reaction that rattles the entire cloud. Well, it sure as hell got their attention.

And it might have pissed them off.

That irritated whispering grows to a loud, wordless roar of noise, and the spirits start swirling around. You can actually feel the malicious intent rolling through the air. The spirit over your shoulder pulses again.

<Well, kid, you might want to start running.>

Good advice, troublemaker.

Without waiting for the angry cloud to do anything, you sprint away along Hakugyokuro's main path, sending several of the now hostile ghosts scattering. Once you make a fair bit of distance, you can hear another roar. There's no need to look back - you can already tell that those souls are following you. This just got bad.

<Dodge left, kid.>

You do so on instinct, and what looks to be a tentacle formed out of spirits comes crashing down where you just were. You're already dead, but something tells you that getting hit by that would have hurt more than a tiny bit. The spirit that's supporting you pulses again.

<Evade right.>

You do so, and once again a flurry of angered ghosts crashes down where you just were. This pattern continues for some time, with you dodging as your spirit guide tells you to. Eventually you can see a huge gate approaching in the distance - there's no where to run once you get there!

<Alright, now break to the west.>

The west, that's on... your right. You swerve right, setting off down a side-path through a previously unknown section of the garden. You can still hear that angry buzz coming from behind you. Worse still, you're beginning to feel a little tired, and you're starting to gasp for air.

<Get it together, kid. Tired? You don't have muscles! And what the hell are you gasping for? You sure as shit don't have lungs.>

Wait. She's right. Why the hell are you getting tired? It's like an epiphany - your fatigue washes away, and you start to pick up speed. In fact, you feel great! Light as air! You're moving even faster now, and you're starting to gain some distance on the swarm of angry ghosts. Before you know it, you've covered more distance than you'd have thought possible in the time you've been running. You can still hear the dull roar of the spirit cloud, though.

<That's more like it. Now, you see that stream up ahead?>

You peer into the distance, and can vaguely see a long body of water up ahead, dividing two sections of the gardens. From the looks of the water, though, you'd sooner believe it was a river - and a fast, choppy one at that.

"Yeah?"

<Dive in.>

Wait, what?

[ ] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!

[ ] Dive into a river? Hell no!
>> No. 4710
[ ] Dive into a river? Hell no!
>> No. 4718
[ ] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!
>> No. 4720
[x] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!

Yeah!
>> No. 4721
[x] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!
>> No. 4722
[z] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!
>> No. 4723
[x] Dive into a river? Hell no!
Dive into a river? More like jump in the lake, AMIRITE?
>> No. 4724
[x] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!
>> No. 4725
[ ] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!
>> No. 4726
[x] Dive into a river? Hell no!

It's a river. It's probably THE river. I ain't getting OM NOM NOM'd by some freaky monsters.
>> No. 4727
[x] Dive into a river? Hell no!
>> No. 4728
[x] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!
>> No. 4729
In before we get BAD END'd.
>> No. 4730
Well, the river wins it with seven votes. How very brave of you, Anon.
>> No. 4739
>>4729
We're ghosts, we can't die! At -worst- we'd suffer eternally in that river, never getting out, so it's fine.
>> No. 4740
File 121279219252.jpg - (21.98KB, 631x477, mima005.jpg) [iqdb]
4740
[X] Spirit guide lady's been right so far. Just dive on in!

***

Dive into the river? Whatever you say, lady.

You take a deep breath automatically, before remembering that you don't need to. With your running start, you make a massive leap as you close in on the river. There's a loud crash as you make contact with the water, and you're fully submerged in no time flat. It must be one of those weird ghost things, but as much as you can feel the wetness, your eyes and lungs don't burn at all as you inhale the water or look around under the surface. It's sort of surreal.

A quick glance confirms that your spirit guide is still floating at your shoulder, casting an eerie green light through the water. Looking up you can see sakura trees and clouds rush by at high speed. Sakura trees eventually give way to flowers and hedges for a short spell, then to another set of trees, though you don't recognize the type. After a long while, you feel a sudden drop, and are sent flying out of a small waterfall and into a little pool.

You sputter a bit as you sit in the pool, and shake the water around. The sound of the spirit swarm is long gone. Splashing over to the edge of the pond, you clamor out, coughing wetly as you do. You collapse in the grass as soon as you're out; you don't feel tired, but that was enough of a rush that you need to get your bearings.

<Nice job, kid. That ought to keep those pests away from the main building.>

The ghost orb floats away from your shoulder, and sits atop a particularly large poolside stone.

"Yeah, but they lost us, won't they just drift back?"

<Nah. Bunch of idiots. They're too dim-witted to remember much at all. They probably forgot all about the party just by chasing you. They won't even bother going anywhere in particular after that little escapade.>

You nod as you slip out of your jacket, taking a moment to ring it dry.

"Alright, thanks for the help with that, even if it was a little," you pause to think of the right word, "unconventional."

There's a loud laugh from the ghost, which is shaking in place now.

<No problem, no problem. Hey, wait a minute. I want to talk to you face to face.>

Face to face? Aren't you already face to face? Or as close as you can be when one of you is a ball of light?

Just as you start to ponder that, there's a bright flash. The ghost orb is gone, and sitting on the rock in its place is an attractive older woman. Her long green hair is matted down with water, as are her loose blue dress and cape she wears. Or they would be loose, if the water weren't making them cling to her decidedly well-endowed figure, with stray trickles of water running off the fabric and onto the traces of pale skin that peek out from her robes.

The woman reaches up and removes a crumpled blue hat from her head, ringing it out as best she can. The action causes one of her sleeves to slip a little, and you can't help running your eyes down that delicate looking flesh, then down her lithe arm, and right down to her ample bosom.

"See something you like, kid?"

You snap your eyes back to her face with a start. A sharp emerald eye is watching you, and she wears an amused smile. She leans towards you, crossing her arms under her breasts to put more emphasis on them. You feel a little warm, despite the cold water that clings to you.

"Yes, well," you search desperately for a way to change the subject, "we haven't introduced ourselves yet, have we?"

The woman laughs and leans back. It's pretty clear that she knows you're changing the subject, but she doesn't say anything about it.

"I'm Mima, the evil spirit of the Hakurei Shrine, and you," she raises one slender finger to point at you, "are the guest of honor at that gluttonous ghost's little party tonight."

You raise an eyebrow. "Evil spirit?"

"Well, some people have confused me for a goddess. It's easy to see how they might make that mistake, though."

You bite your tongue. Mostly because you're afraid you might agree with her if you didn't catch yourself.

"Shall we head back to your hostess, then? It wouldn't do to stand around here dripping wet all day."

You nod and clamor to your feet, ringing out your jacket a second time. It's still too wet to wear, so you just sling it over your shoulder. You turn around to avoid staring at Mima any longer, and set off towards the manor. A quick glance at the Saigyou Ayakashi helps to determine your position - the monster makes a good landmark, at least. You can hear some wet rustling noises as Mima follows after you.

"Hey, kid. Catch."

What?

Something wet impacts your head. Scrambling a bit, you manage to tug it off, and in your arms, you find... her dress. Soaking wet, and a little heavy. You let out a strangled cry, and whip around to see Mima wearing nothing more than her cape, wet enough and drawn tightly enough around her to highlight every single curve of her body.

"What are you doing?"

"Do you expect me to wear that wet thing all the way back? I don't think so, kid. Hang on to it."

You turn back around, feeling quite a bit warmer than before. After a few seconds, you feel something soft pressing into your back. Mima leans forward over your shoulder, a somewhat frightening smile on her face.

"Looks like I was right, kid. You did see something you like."

What is she talking about? Following her gaze, you can see that the black garment you wear around your waist has become soaked enough that it can't hide the fact that you're slowly starting to pitch a tent. The only thing keeping it from happening is the cold air.

"You know, kid," you feel a sharp nail trace a path along your stomach and chest, and a hot breath against your neck, "I could help you take care of that, if you'd like."

You freeze in your tracks.

[ ] Accept Mima's offer.

[ ] Decline Mima's offer.
>> No. 4741
[ ] Decline Mima's offer.

Why do most writefags portray Mima as a gigantic perv?
>> No. 4742
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
What could possibly go wrong.
>> No. 4743
[X] Accept Mima's offer.

Oh ho, why not tempt fate a little?
>> No. 4744
[x] Accept Mima's offer.

Even though we'll most likely get cock-blocked.
>> No. 4745
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
[x] Decline Mima's offer.

Stutter
>> No. 4746
>>4741

Evil people are always perverts. Sakuya and Eirin for example.
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 4747
[x] "You know a way to dry my pants?"
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 4753
[x] Pause. "Wait, can ghosts even do that?"
>> No. 4754
YuyukoYuyukoYuyukoYuyukahfuckitwe'renotattached yet

[x] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 4763
[ ] Decline Mima's offer.

Dammit, she SAID she's evil.
WHY IS MASS ANON SO FUCKING STUPID
>> No. 4764
>>4763

She's not evil she's just having a bit of fun. Learn ur touhoes.
>> No. 4765
File 121279639367.jpg - (120.70KB, 784x593, sadyoumu.jpg) [iqdb]
4765
[x] Accept Mima's offer, with a side of sarcasm.

Isn't it sad, Youmu?
>> No. 4766
We'll have some Yuyuko later as well, no worries. Mima's just up for a good romp.
>> No. 4767
Heh, everyone's favorite evil spirit takes it.

Writing.
>> No. 4776
File 121280162014.jpg - (305.04KB, 596x602, mima017.jpg) [iqdb]
4776
[X] Accept Mima's offer.

***

"I," you stutter a little, stunned, "if you want to help, then..."

A sly smile crosses Mima's face. and she leans up to nibble on your ear.

"Alright then, kid." she whispers quietly.

You can feel her nail digging into your chest harder now, sliding downwards.

"Just lean back..."

Her arm wrapping around you as you slide backwards into her embrace.

"... and let me..."

Her fingers toying with one of your nipples, pinching it almost painfully, while her other hand traces circles on your stomach, drifting downward so slowly it's agonizing.

"... work my..."

The tips of her fingers sliding softly onto your now fully erect manhood, massaging your length gently. You...

"... magic."

You scream as a horrible bolt of icy cold rips through your entire being, sending you to the ground with pain. It tears into every last facet of your existence, leaving you to writhe futiley in agony-induced delirium. You can see your breath come out in cloudy puffs of vapor. A faint sound breaks through your frozen sense. It sounds like...

Laughter.

Raucous, rowdy, relentless laughter. You cast your hazy vision about until you see Mima, rolling on the ground, clutching at her sides as she cackles horribly. You note bitterly that one of her hands displays a soft aqua glow, ice visible along her fingers. She's flashing you quite a bit of her skin at this angle, but you hardly notice now. A searing rage builds up inside you, brushing away the cold with its infernal fury. You seethe as you climb to your feet, sending Mima a spiteful glare.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, MIMA?"

Mima can hardly answer you, as she laughs so hard that tears leak down her face. Her voice comes out in raspy, stunted bursts.

"You--"

A fresh wave of laughter.

"You wanted to get rid of--"

Another laugh.

"... get rid of your erection, so--"

She rolls onto her knees, still clutching her stomach and struggling to suppress her laughs.

"... so I gave you a shot--"

Another laugh.

"... a shot of cold."

She climbs to her feet, still giggling, and stumbles over to you, before collapsing against your back again. She reaches up to wipe a tear from her eye.

"Oh, man. You should have the seen the look on your face. PRICELESS!" Her chest heaves against your back as she suffers another fit of giggles. Despite her now disheveled state, and how much of her impressive figure is pushing against you, you don't feel the least bit aroused. Your anger is a little too potent for that.

"I can't," she giggles again, "I can't get around like this, laughin' so hard. Oh,my sides are killing me! You're gonna have to carry me, kid."

You grit your teeth. "Now why would I do that?"

"Oh, lighten up kid." She punches you in the arm. "I was just having a bit of fun. Plus, it solved the problem, now didn't it?"

You glare at her over your shoulder, but you have to admit that it worked, however begrudging your admittance may be. Mima's arm wrap around your neck, and her legs swing up around your sides, letting you hook your arms under her knees for support. Mima raises a finger, and your soaked jacket and her robe float up into the air, hovering beside you.

"Now, hyah! Forward!" Mima chortles loudly, and digs her feet into your sides, as though you were a horse.

"You really are an evil spirit." You mutter under your breath. Mima hears you all the same.

"You're damn right I am, now let's go!" Her feet dig into you again, and you start forward. Her voice creeps into your ear again, still mischievous, but a good deal softer. "Don't feel too put up kid. You're certainly equipped well - I might even give you a serious lesson some time, if you ask nicely. You might need it, too. If that hungry ghost finds out what you're packin' down there, you'll never hear the end of it."

You can feel color creeping into your cheeks again.

"Hey, hey! Can't you just imagine that little princess, getting down on her knees in front of you? Yeah, and she'd be thanking you for the meal while runnin' her hand up and down it, before she leaned forward and put you in her mouth. She really likes tasting things, too, so she'd be running her tongue all over it, and I bet she'd just love to taste your--"

"God damn it, Mima! You just got rid of my erection! Don't hand it back to me that quickly!"

She just laughs again, and starts nibbling on your ear again. This is going to be a long walk.

---
>> No. 4777
File 121280170320.jpg - (168.47KB, 568x489, YuyuYukari008.jpg) [iqdb]
4777
---

You stumble up to one of the manor's rear entrances, considerably calmer than you were before. Putting up with Mima's constant antagonistic pranks and jokes, as well as her... affinity for touching, sure as hell teaches you to be resilient. In fact, you're kind of grateful for this; there's not much that's going to be able to embarrass you after this.

The door's wide open, thankfully, so you don't have to do anything about Mima, who's still riding on your back. It's obvious by now that she could get off at any time, but neither of you have bothered to bring it up. You're not sure it would do any good... and, irritating as it is to admit, it's rather pleasant having her that close to you.

"So where is every one, kid?"

"Last I knew, Youmu had her hands full cooking for the party, Ran was doing something about decorations, and Yuyuko was sleeping."

"Right. Ran ought to be in the inner garden somewhere, then. That's where the party's going to be."

"Inner garden?"

Mima gives you a surprised look. "You really haven't been here long, have you? Head left, kid. I'll tell you when we get there."

Following Mima's directions, you head to your left, and move slowly towards the center of the estate. Eventually you come across another open door, behind which is what must be the inner gardens. There are a great deal of cherry trees again, and many paved walkways that cut through them. The walkways all converge on a large central area.

Sure enough, you can see a large number of tables set up in the central area. Ran is there, busy setting up a few more; she doesn't seem to notice you, and she's blitzing from one place to another at high speed. At a large, round table in the dead center of the gardens you can see Yuyuko, looking slightly sleepy. There's another woman there, slightly shorter than Ran from the looks of her, with pink skin and long blond hair, dressed in a purple... well, it's really just a large piece of fabric draped over her, fastened on either side by red bands. The only thing it manages to cover is the essential bits, and if you peered around from the side it probably wouldn't even cover that.

As you approach them, Mima calls out from your back.

"Hey, glutton! Hibernating fool! You two need to shape up. You can't host a party looking so shabby!"

Yuyuko glances up, and looks barely aware of her surroundings. The other woman does the same, though she manages a sloppy wave to you and Mima. She calls out in a slurred voice.

"Mima... talking about looking shabby," she yawns, "you're barely wearing any clothes."

"I could say the same to you, Yukari Yakumo!"

You stop in front of the table, and Yuyuko and her friend finally rouse enough to speak up properly.

"Yukari, this is the one!" Yuyuko exclaims, rubbing at her eyes blearily.

"So, you're the guest of honor." Yukari yawns again, but there's something in her eyes that lets you know she's wide awake. "I'm Yukari Yakumo, Yuyuko's friend. You can call me Yukari... or Yukarin, if you'd like!" She smiles at you, and gives you a wink. "If you don't mind me saying, you two look like you've started the party without us."

Mima laughs again. "Afraid not. A plunge into the river leaves you a bit cold for that. Much better to save that for the bedtop." She bites at your ear again.

Yuyuko looks a little intrigued. "Oh? But why didn't you just dry your clothes?"

You speak up. "Well, there wasn't anything to dry them with."

"You're a ghost, silly! You have ghost clothes! All you had to do was think about dry clothes for a bit, and they would have done the work themselves!" Yuyuko laughs and reaches out with her fan in hand, making a motion as though she were tapping your head with it from across the table.

"Oh, I could have done that, could I?" You ask wryly, turning to glare up at Mima. She just grins back at you as she slips off your back and grabs her perfectly dry robes out of the air. You shake your head, and look back to Yuyuko and Yukari as Mima slips back into her clothes. Both of them look rather amused, and you could swear there was something... predatory about the way they were looking at you.

"At any rate, Youmu and Ran said that you were off keeping the ghosts from interfering. You must be doing a good job, none of them have turned up so far." Yuyuko congratulates you, her fan snapping open to hide her expression.

"Until now, of course." Yukari cuts in, a fan of her own raised to mirror Yuyuko's pose. "Seeing as you've brought the most troublesome ghost of all straight to us, what are you planning to do to make up for it?"

[ ] Go see if Youmu needs help with any of the cooking. It's getting closer to evening, now, so she may need some help in crunch time.

[ ] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.

[ ] Come to think of it, it's been a while since you left Chen on the porch. Maybe it would be a good idea to see what she's up to.

[ ] Nothing at all. Stay here and talk with the women.
>> No. 4779
>>4776

[ x] Nothing at all. Stay here and talk with the women.

The GENTLEMEN option is the only choice.
Cats are self-efficient.
>> No. 4780
[ ] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.
>> No. 4781
[x] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.
>> No. 4782
[ ] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.

Ran helpan gaems.
>> No. 4783
[ ] Nothing at all. Stay here and talk with the women.

How could I turn down three of the sexiest in gensokyo?
>> No. 4784
[X] Go see if Youmu needs help with any of the cooking. It's getting closer to evening, now, so she may need some help in crunch time.
>> No. 4785
[ ] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.
>> No. 4787
[ ] Nothing at all. Stay here and talk with the women.
>> No. 4788
[X] Go see if Youmu needs help with any of the cooking. It's getting closer to evening, now, so she may need some help in crunch time.
>> No. 4789
[x] Nothing at all. Stay here and talk with the women.

We're the guests, people!
>> No. 4790
[ ] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.
>> No. 4791
[x] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.
>> No. 4801
[ ] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.
>> No. 4804
Well, it looks like Ran takes it. Writing.

On another note, before anyone asks, there is no Mima route. Sad, as I rather like the hot evil spirit. That said, there is a Mima H-Scene available.
>> No. 4805
[x] Nothing at all. Stay here and talk with the women.

Must get Yuyuko points.
>> No. 4806
>>4804
>Mima H-scene
Does it involve in-appropriate use of magic?
>> No. 4807
Mima doesn't get enough love in the stories. Also she keeps dieing in /shrine/.
>> No. 4808
[x] Nothing at all. Stay here and talk with the women.

Yuyucow indeed. Plus Yukari's awesome.

Why is she wearing so little, though?
>> No. 4809
>>4808
Why not?
>> No. 4810
>>4809
Good enough I guess.
>> No. 4811
Also dyswin and I win the slowpoke.jpg prize.
>> No. 4812
>>4804
We'll take Yuyu. Yuyu, Yuyu, Yuyu...
>> No. 4813
>there is no Mima route

y u do this?
>> No. 4814
File 121281212972.jpg - (115.32KB, 964x902, ran023.jpg) [iqdb]
4814
>>4808
>Why is she wearing so little, though?

Because she's a lazy slob, and she's not going to get herself ready or even anything resembling ready until the last possible second. If you travel down Yukarin's route, you'll see just how much of a procrastinator she is.

***

[X] Ran seems pretty vexed, trying to get everything ready. She hasn't noticed you, and she's right here in the inner gardens with you. Maybe help her out some.

***

"To be honest, I think I'll go help out Ran. She looks a bit frazzled."

"Oh, really, so helpful!" Yuyuko is doing her blushing schoolgirl routine again. "It's so nice to have a man around the house for once!"

"But isn't he a strange guest, doing the work for his own party?" A strange sort of tear appears in the air beside Yukari, filled with black emptiness and a multitude of strange floating eyes that rove the darkness ceaselessly. It's as though someone simply pulled a chunk out of the air and left a strange gap there, then... tied the ends together with ribbons? Wow, that makes an otherwise unsettling thing look sort of ridiculous. She leans through it, and a similar gap pops up next to Yuyuko, with Yukari's upper half leaning out of it. She wraps her arms around Yuyuko and rubs their cheeks together. "Hey, Yuyu, let me borrow him! He can do my chores for me!"

"But you take such poor of things I lend you, Yukari! If I let you take him, he'll come back all ragged and worn out!"

"I'll leave the important bits in good condition, I promise! I'll only use them a little!"

You can't help but roll your eyes at their childish antics. You take the opportunity to slip away from the table, heading for where you last saw Ran. She's blitzing through the area, setting up chairs and placing tables down so quickly that everything rattles in her wake. You call out to her.

"Hey, Ran! I got rid of the ghosts, do you need any help with--"

"CATCH!"

A large hardwood table comes hurtling through the air towards you. You raise your hands automatically, but you know it will be futile - the table's enormous, and traveling at that speed, there's no way you can stop it before it runs over you just like the trick that caused your death. You brace yourself, and the table makes contact with your hands. You start getting pushed back...

"No muscles!"

Oh, right.

You stand your ground perfectly, and the table's edge spins against your outstretched palms, unable to budge you. Once the table loses its momentum, it falls sideways onto its base, resting exactly where Ran had wanted it. It's a good thing Mima was there to... wait, no muscles? Was she reminding you or insulting you? You cast a suspicious glance at her, and she flashes you a toothy grin. It was probably both, then.

"HEADS UP!"

You immediately put your attention back on Ran. She's just thrown a full contingent of chairs at you. Several of them land perfectly on the side of the table opposite you, but you're forced to lash out and catch at least two of them, and one manages to hit you right in the face. It stings a bit, but you set all three chairs into the proper positions.

Just as you slide the last chair into position, a yellow blur comes straight at you, and lifts you off your feet. You're stunned at the sudden acceleration, but once you get used to the speed, you realize that it's Ran. She's snapped you up, and is carrying you under one arm.

"Ran, what are you doing?" Damn, the speed makes it difficult to hear yourself.

"YOU WANTED TO HELP, SO YOU'RE GOING TO HELP! HERE!"

What?

You're suddenly sent hurtling through the air, and you crash full force into a wall, which you bounce off of painfully. Ran is out of sight in less than a second, but she's back just as fast. Stopping only to throw you a large box, she shouts loudly at you before she zooms off again.

"THOSE LANTERNS ARE FOR THE HALLS INSIDE! SNAP TO IT!"

You take a look up, and realize that you're at another entrance to the inner gardens. This one seems to connect elsewhere, however, and you're in a little chamber separate from much of the house. There's a sand pit in the middle of the room, with a rock in the center of the pit and the sand swept into a strange pattern. You're guessing that this is a little zen garden of some kind. There are two halls that leaf off of this room, other than the entrance to the garden. One of the halls already is lined with lanterns, so she must want you to go through the other hall.

Hefting the box, you get started on your task. You're probably a hell of a lot slower than Ran is, but at least it's one less thing for the woman to do.

---

You hang the last lantern at the front entrance to the manor. It took quite some time to do; more time than you thought it would. You had to line the inner and outer walls of at least a quarter of the manor. Most of it was easy, but the manor is a big place, and there were so many lanterns that it was quite an effort. In fact, if you hadn't realized the higher limits of your strength as a ghost, you probably wouldn't have been able to lift the box of lanterns, considering how large it was.

A quick look outside reveals that sky has turned orange. It's getting late enough that if the party is tonight, the guests ought to show up pretty quick.

[ ] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.

[ ] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4815
[ ] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.

Wow, I sure hell didn't expect Ran throw us like football.
>> No. 4816
[x] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.

We can go back to petting Chen.
>> No. 4817
[X] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4818
[X] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.

I like the way you think.
>> No. 4819
[x] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.

Don't be late for your own party.
>> No. 4820
[ ] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4821
[ ] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.
>> No. 4822
[x] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.
>> No. 4823
[ ] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.

Talkan gaems.
>> No. 4824
[x] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.
>> No. 4825
[X] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.
>> No. 4826
Alright, guys, I'm out for the night. I'll pick this up in the morning.
>> No. 4827
[X] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4828
[X] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4833
[x] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4834
{X} Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.
>> No. 4836
[X] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.

Do want more Yukari and Yuyuko eyeing us like a piece of meat.
>> No. 4837
[X] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.
>> No. 4844
[] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.

This is an awesome LA. Keep it up!
>> No. 4848
[X] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4849
[X] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.
>> No. 4850
[x] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.

Haha, wow. Just read through this, and I'm greatly amused by the aggressive streak that everyone has.
>> No. 4854
>>4850
Hey, we're already dead. Why not live a little?
>> No. 4855
But in Gensokyo, they can KILL YOU DEAD.
>>4854
>> No. 4868
[x] Find somewhere quiet to set down for a while. Party's are a noisy affair, so you might as well get in some peace before the festivities start.
>> No. 4877
Back now. Heading back to the gardens takes it as the first to ten while the two options are nearly tied. Also, should I start a new thread? We've hit autosage.

***

[X] Head back to the inner gardens and pull up a chair. Now it's just a waiting game.

***

You decide to head back to the inner gardens, reasoning that it's almost time for the party to start. You wouldn't want to be late to an event dedicated to you, after all. What kind of impression would that make? Besides, it ought to be quiet enough until people start arriving.

You work your way back to the inner gardens, noting that there's actually an entrance on this side of the manor as well. There must be an entrance for each of the cardinal directions, then. When you arrive, you're startled. With all the decorations and tables set up, it looks quite a bit different.

There are several particularly large tables, piled high with a multitude of different foods, snacks, and drinks. More than there was during that lunch with Yuyuko - you find yourself wondering if that'll be enough all the same. Many of the sakura trees have small paper tags of some sort hanging from them, depicting various scenes from nature. A gentle ringing noise alerts you the fact that a few wind chimes have been hung somewhere. It's all sort of relaxing.

Mima, Yukari, and Yuyuko are gathered at the same table as before. Yukari is in a much more appropriate state of dress now - she's wearing a long, flowing, frilly dress underneath the purple fabric she had on before. A poofy white hat decorated with large ribbons sits in her hair. Mima is actually dressed now, thankfully. Yuyuko has a little triangular white cloth tied around her head - wait, is it decorated with the Dreamcast logo?

Ran is also present, though she's sitting at another table. Or slumping, really. She's practically melted back onto her chair, drooping visibly. Her skin has a noticeable sheen of sweat and her strange hat has fallen off, revealing a tangle of short blond hair and her large fox ears. She looks absolutely exhausted.

[ ] Go and sit at the central table with the three gorgeous ladies.

[ ] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
>> No. 4878
Suddenly, Patchwork!
And, so Yukari did get dressed now, huh. She'd procrastinated it until the party actually started? I guess I'll be voting for her route after we're done with gluttonous ghost.

Also yeah new thread.

[x] Go and sit at the central table with the three gorgeous ladies.

This Yuyuko. I'll take it.
>> No. 4880
[] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.

It's only for a little bit, and we do want to stay one her good side.
>> No. 4881
[X] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
>> No. 4883
{X} Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
Be nice to the tired lady~
>> No. 4885
[ ] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
>> No. 4886
>>4878
Okay okay. If it's only for a little bit I support the notion. Changing vote;

[X] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
>> No. 4893
[] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
>> No. 4897
{X} Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.

then

[x] Go and sit at the central table with the three gorgeous ladies.
>> No. 4898
{X} Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
then
[x] Go and sit at the central table with the three gorgeous ladies.

I can't completely turn down those three beauties.
>> No. 4900
>>4898
I presume we'll go back to them after anyway, the option is to stay with Ran for a little while.
But just in case:

[x] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
then
[x] Go and sit at the central table with the three gorgeous ladies.
>> No. 4903
[x] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.
>> No. 4904
Alright, Ran sweeps it with ease. Writing now.
>> No. 4905
File 121288218492.jpg - (74.03KB, 364x615, dreamcast.jpg) [iqdb]
4905
>>4877
[ x ] Go and sit with Ran for a little while. Maybe bring her a cup of water or something. She looks about ready to keel over.

Ran-sama! Ran-sama!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x