[Return]
Archived thread

File 121218956356.png - (31.46KB , 400x400 , sexyyuyu015.png ) [iqdb]
3442 No. 3442
So it begins.

***

You wake with a start.

The bright blue sky fills your vision, and the sun burns into your eyes. Your head is pounding, swimming, screaming. You feel awful in a horridly unsettling way. A hazy memory of some recent pain flashes through your mind, so intense and consuming that you can feel a sharp stinging sensation overtake your entire body even now. It feels like... it feels like...

"It feels like I got hit by a truck," you remark.

"You did," a voice replies cheerily.

Well, that would explain why you feel terrible, at least. You massage your forehead with one hand, trying to quell your headache. Still, there's a problem with this.

"If I got hit by a truck, I would be dead."

"You are." The same voice as before drifts through your ear. You can almost hear the melody in its words.

Well, that takes care of that. You take a look at the hand that you were using to massage your head, and you notice for the first time that it's a pale and translucent mixture of blue and gray. A quick glance reveals that your entire body, as well as your clothes, are much the same color. It would seem that you're a ghost. The uneasiness flows out of you upon the realization that you've died; you think that you should be alarmed, but you can't bring yourself to feel anything other than acceptance.

Stranger things have happened.

You sit up and take a look around out of curiosity. You appear to be sitting on a stone path of some sort. There's neatly trimmed grass lining the sides of the pavement, as well as various bushes and flowers, and many, many trees - they're all in full blossom, and the wind is filled with their pink leaves. Sakura? There must be a very impressive group of gardeners here for the greenery to be in such excellent condition.

Off in the distance you can see a mansion of sorts built in the traditional Japanese style. It's quite impressive in its own right, but what really catches your attention is the enormous tree just beyond the manor. It's so large that it towers many storeys above the house, and is so wide that it looks to have a diameter of nearly half the manor's length. As if such a massive arbor were not enough, every single branch is utterly devoid of any blossoms, contrasting sharply with the rest of the gardens. It's almost sad.

"Where am I?"

"Hakugyokuro."

A curtain of shockingly pink hair obscures your vision for a moment. The smooth strands feel like silk as they wash over you, but alas, soft hair eventually gives way to soft and pale flesh, and then... eyes. Deep, wine red eyes staring directly into your own, so very closely. An eerie dark blue light radiates from the pupils, giving them an otherworldly shine. Wait...

Are those pupils shaped like butterflies?

But before you can examine them more closely, you feel a pair of soft lips press gently against your forehead, and those eyes, that hair, that face... they all push away. The woman to whom these lovely features belong is now in full sight, stretched lazily before you. And floating upside down. She's a fine specimen indeed, with ivory skin wrapped in a frilled kimono of pale blue; her position forces her to hold the bottom half of her clothes up by hand, lest her modesty be compromised, but even so you get a nice look at her long and slender legs. You can't help but run your eyes over her after seeing those legs - she has one amazing figure, too; slim and curvy, endowed in all the right places.

Whoever she is, she's... well, there isn't any other word for it. She's beautiful.

She flips over and floats as though she were laying on her stomach; you feel a little disappointed that you can't see those gorgeous legs now. C'est la vie. Or not, as the case may be. The woman grabs your attention again when she reaches out and taps your nose gently. With a smile and a flourish, she makes a sweeping gesture towards the gardens.

"Well, isn't it pretty?"

[ ] "Indeed it is. Whoever cares for it must work very hard."

[ ] "Not as pretty as you, Butterfly Eyes."

[ ] "... how did I get here, again?"

>> No. 3443
So, here we go. As usual with these, write-ins are welcome. I'll close the voting whenever it seems appropriate.

Today might be a bit slower than what comes, and it might have less writing in general. I haven't done one of these before, so I'm testing the waters a bit with this.
>> No. 3444
[ ] "Indeed it is. Whoever cares for it must work very hard."
[ ] "If you don't mind me asking, Who exactly are you?"
>> No. 3445
[x] "Indeed it is. Whoever cares for it must work very hard."

[x] "But it's not as pretty as you, Butterfly Eyes."
>> No. 3446
[X] "Indeed it is. Whoever cares for it must work very hard."
[X] "If you don't mind me asking, Who exactly are you?"
>> No. 3447
[X] "Indeed it is. Whoever cares for it must work very hard."

Seems promising.
>> No. 3449
Slow ride, take it easy.

Writin'.
>> No. 3454
File 12121941011.jpg - (71.76KB , 492x654 , youmu023.jpg ) [iqdb]
3454
[X] "Indeed it is. Whoever cares for it must work very hard."
[X] "If you don't mind me asking, who exactly are you?"

***

"Indeed it is. Whoever cares for it must work very hard." You smile in agreement with the woman. "If-"

"Well, it's nice to hear that someone appreciates my work." A female voice, sharper and harder than that of the woman before you, cuts you off.

"Youmu! So mean!" The woman puffs her cheeks out in a childish display of indignation. "You make me sound so callous..."

"Did I say something improper, my lady? I was merely acknowledging his compliment."

A girl - Youmu, apparently - strolls up from behind on your left side, her earnest words the only sound she makes. She carries herself with a certain dignity, and it's accentuated by the swords she carries - one across her back, and one slung at her hip. Her healthy pink skin is mostly hidden by a conservative and slightly formal looking uniform - a white dress shirt, and a vest and dress of deep green. Cold blue eyes regard you impassively, framed by short silver hair. There's a very serious air about her.

Granted, the little black bow in her hair puts cracks in that solemn image of hers. She's actually kind of cute.

"Youmu! That's not right! I'm supposed to tease you!" The older woman whines loudly. She gives you a sly glance before she floats over and wraps her arms around your neck in a loose embrace. Resting her head against your shoulder, she flutters her eyelashes and gives you a cute pout. "You're not just going to let her say things like that, are you?"

You pause for a moment, a little flustered by the feeling of her hair brushing against your neck.

"Perhaps if I knew who you were?"

The woman grins broadly and pulls away from you, doing a pirouette in the air before bowing.

"I am the illustrious Yuyuko Saigyouji," she exclaims, "mistress of Hakugyokuro. I bid you welcome!" With yet another flourish and spin, she floats off towards the manor you saw earlier, winking at you as she retreats into the distance. "Come along, now! We have much to discuss."

You sit there confused for a bit as she disappears into the manor. Youmu turns to you and gives a curt bow.

"I am Youmu Konpaku, the retainer and gardener for Miss Yuyuko. You are no doubt confused as to why you are here." Youmu pauses for a moment, as if unsure how to continue. "I apologize, but the mistress can be... less than informative, at times. I will show you to the house. In the meantime, you can question me as you like; I will try and provide you with as adequate an answer as I can."

You nod your head in appreciation, and get to your feet. Youmu starts down the path ahead of you.

What kind of question should you ask?

[ ] "Where is this, exactly?"

[ ] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before. Who is she, and why is she important?"

[ ] "She seems hard to keep up with. Don't you have trouble dealing with her?"
>> No. 3458
[ ] "Where is this, exactly?"
[ ] "And why exactly am I here?"
>> No. 3459
[x] "Where is this, exactly?"
[x] "And why am I here?"
>> No. 3461
[x] "Where is this, exactly?"
[x] "And why exactly am I here?"
>> No. 3462
[ ] "Where is this, exactly?"

[ ] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before. Who is she, and why is she important?"
[ ] "She seems hard to keep up with. Don't you have trouble dealing with her?"

Wall me.

>>[x] "And why am I here?"
>>"Hakugyokuro."
>>"If I got hit by a truck, I would be dead."
>>"You are."

You should be able to figure this out, if you want to know why you were brought here ask Yuyuko not Youmu.
>> No. 3465
[ ] "Where is this, exactly?"
[ ] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before. Who is she, and why is she important?"
[ ] "She seems hard to keep up with. Don't you have trouble dealing with her?"
>> No. 3466
[ ] "Where is this, exactly?"
[ ] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before. Who is she, and why is she important?"
[ ] "She seems hard to keep up with. Don't you have trouble dealing with her?"

A wall is fine too.

>>3462

The second part could be thought as why he's waking up in Hakugyokuro. Patch hasn't specified if we have knowledge of Gensokyo or not.
>> No. 3468
Writing.
>> No. 3472
File 121219750330.jpg - (99.81KB , 550x688 , youmu141.jpg ) [iqdb]
3472
[X] "Where is this, exactly?"
[X] "And why am I here?"

***

A couple of questions run through your mind, but some are more important than others.

"Where is this, exactly? And why am I here?"

Youmu turns to look at you over her shoulder.

"This is Hakugyokuro. Think of it as a crossroads for the dead; upon death, most souls will pass through Hakugyokuro before being sent on to judgment and eventually reincarnation. On occasion a soul is allowed to stay here until reincarnation, either because they are chosen by Miss Yuyuko, or due to extenuating circumstances."

She frowns for a moment.

"As for why you in particular are here, I must confess that I do not know. By your clothing, I would say that you are not from Gensokyo."

"Gensokyo?"

Youmu nods.

"Indeed, it would seem you do not know of it. You might say that it is its own separate world, and Hakugyokuro rests within its domain. If you do not know of Gensokyo, then it should be impossible for you to be here. Unless," Youmu's voice turns steely for a moment, "you were brought here through outside interference."

Judging from the sour look on her face, that last thought doesn't sit well with her. You stay silent for a bit, and she eventually regains her composure.

"At any rate, if you would like the fine details on why you are here, you should consult Miss Yuyuko. I suspect she will discuss it with you eventually either way, although she may take some time to get around to it if you don't ask her directly."

You could swear she looks irritated about that last bit.

You take a look ahead. It looks like you'll be at the manor soon - Yuyuko rushed off, but at the ambling pace you and Youmu are traveling, you have a bit of time left. You could probably ask one more question.

[ ] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before this. Who is she, and why is she important?"

[ ] "... is Yuyuko really that flighty?"

[ ] "Could you tell me more about Gensokyo?"
>> No. 3473
[ ] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before this. Who is she, and why is she important?"
>> No. 3474
[X] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before this. Who is she, and why is she important?"

>Unless," Youmu's voice turns steely for a moment, "you were brought here through outside interference."

DAMMIT YUKARI.
>> No. 3475
Be right back. Have to go out and pick up the dead branches that the wind threw all over the yard last night. I update slow anyway.
>> No. 3476
[X] "... is Yuyuko really that flighty?"
>> No. 3477
[x] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before this. Who is she, and why is she important?"
>> No. 3478
File 121219921947.jpg - (68.22KB , 482x800 , 1206850343055.jpg ) [iqdb]
3478
This chance at a Yuyuko route pleases me greatly. WRITE MOAR!
>> No. 3485
[ ] But where are my pants?
>> No. 3488
Back. Sorry, that took longer than expected. Writing now.
>> No. 3490
>>3488

By the way, you have forced my hand, Patchwork. Now I have to try and update more often, and be more detailed. And put in more effort, for that matter. Just to make sure I won't be forgotten.

You clever bastard.
>> No. 3513
File 12122065898.jpg - (172.85KB , 631x928 , yuyuko171.jpg ) [iqdb]
3513
>>3490

Glad to be of service.

[X] "I haven't heard of a Miss Yuyuko before this. Who is she, and why is she important?"

***

"I hadn't heard of Miss Yuyuko before this. Who is she, and why is she important?"

Youmu closes her eyes and waits for you to catch up, walking beside you now. She seems to be thinking.

"Miss Yuyuko is, as she said, the mistress of Hakugyokuro. It may not be readily apparent to you, but she wields a great deal of power, and in more ways than one. To begin with, as mistress of the netherworld she holds enough sway over life to invoke death in any mortal creature, as well as the ability to dominate and direct the mind and will of any soul. She has some say in the celestial court, as well - regardless of how a soul is judged, she may overturn the ruling and instead have them sent here to wait for reincarnation. She has ruled over Hakugyokuro for many generations, and she is wiser than she acts. Suffice it to say that you would do well to stay in her good graces."

You're almost too stunned to walk. Is she really that powerful? Come to think of it, you came to accept your death quite quickly, and you felt quite calm in her presence - maybe she had some part in that?

"The mistress has been in quite a good mood today, and judging from her excitement on seeing you here, it is safe to assume you are a guest. So long as you are under her protection you have nothing to fear, least of all here, at the center of her power. You can rely on her when it counts. Of course, if you could only rely on her for the smaller things..."

Youmu smiles a bitter sort of smile. She must have a hard time here.

All the same, the two of you reach the house soon enough. Yuyuko herself sits out on the porch, waiting for you. She sits with her legs crossed and slipping out from the folds of her kimono; you catch yourself staring again. Those legs really are impressive.

"You two certainly took your time. Did Youmu answer all your questions?"

[ ] "Yes, she did."

[ ] "She answered most of them, but there are still some things I'd like to ask you."
>> No. 3515
[ ] "She answered most of them, but there are still some things I'd like to ask you."
>> No. 3523
[X] "She answered most of them, but there are still some things I'd like to ask you."

Information gathering~.

Is our Anon gonna get a name?
>> No. 3526
[ ] "She answered most of them, but there are still some things I'd like to ask you."

WRITE MOAR.
>> No. 3527
File 121221495459.jpg - (110.65KB , 908x642 , yuyuko190.jpg ) [iqdb]
3527
[X] "She answered most of them, but there are still some things I'd like to ask you."

***

"She answered most of them, but there are still some things I'd like to ask you."

Yuyuko pouts and turns her head away. "Aw, I wanted to do something fun..."

You take a quick glance at Youmu and see her roll her eyes.

"As for your questions," a mischievous smile creeps across Yuyuko's face, "my three sizes are..."

Youmu coughs politely, and you think you see a blush crawl across her face. "Excuse me, but it will be time for lunch soon. I will be in the kitchen."

She quickly walks into the building and vanishes around a corner. Poor girl must be really put upon. Yuyuko just shakes her head and sighs as she watches her gardener leave.

"Really, my little girl can be so serious! I wish she'd lighten up a bit. Oh well."

The ghost princess pats the floor beside her, motioning for you to come over and sit beside her. Once you do so, her cheerful smile shifts into a surprisingly serious expression, and her red eyes seem much sharper for some reason. Her previous air of cheerful obliviousness seems to have vanished entirely. You suddenly find it much easier to believe that this woman is just as powerful as Youmu had said.

"If you still have questions after consulting with Youmu, then I assume they are in regards to the details of why you have come here and the implications thereof. Strictly speaking, that is court information. As the concerned party, you are of course privy to that information, but we would appreciate it if you chose not to disclose it. I will thank you in advance for your discretion."

Wow, that's a shift in attitude. Was that joke earlier just to get Youmu to leave? This woman is crafty. And vaguely frightening.

"Now then, where shall we start?"

***

And on that note, I leave you for the night. I will continue this in the morning. I ought to be able to write faster tomorrow - just need to get myself into a good groove. Polish all that rust right off.
>> No. 3528
>>3527

Liking it so far. Keep it up.
>> No. 3529
>>3527

Will this new border anon have a name and set gender like Nineballs?
>> No. 3530
>>3478
Yuyunited States of America?

>>3529
Don't worry, we'll think of one as this Anon's personality/characteristics show(s) through.
>> No. 3532
Good stuff, I'm enjoying this.
>> No. 3543
Till Patchwork starts up again, we will brainstorm a witty name for this dead protagonist.

Anonymodead?
>> No. 3544
Anonysoul
>> No. 3551
Deadnonymous.
>> No. 3553
RIPanon?
>> No. 3560
Carl
>> No. 3572
File 121226263045.jpg - (83.64KB , 478x344 , 121028537838.jpg ) [iqdb]
3572
>>3560
>> No. 3573
File 121226530484.jpg - (110.36KB , 460x636 , yuyuko146.jpg ) [iqdb]
3573
And, back.

***

"Could we start with how I came here? From what Youmu said, it sounds like it shouldn't be possible."

Yuyuko nods and a hand-held fan slides out of her sleeve, snapping open to hide her expression as she turns to you. It's a little unnerving.

"Very well. You are here because of a problem with the Border."

"Border?"

"Hakugyokuro resides in Gensokyo, a world separated from your own by the Hakurei Border. Normally your soul would have been sent on to the court with jurisdiction over your world upon your death, you would have been judged and sentenced, and you would be set on the course of reincarnation. It seems that the reaper responsible for collecting the souls of the dead in your world was late to arrive on the scene of your death, however, and as such your soul just drifted aimlessly."

You nod. You don't understand exactly what all of that entails, but the general idea is clear. It would seem that after your death you had been left to your own devices... though you don't remember that.

"It would seem that you ended up drifting through a gap in the Border, sending your soul into Gensokyo. While outsiders will on ocassion find themselves stumbling through the Border, it is quite unusual for it to happen after they have died. In addition, when souls are sent across the Border, it is usually regulated and en masse. Of course, that does not mean it causes no commotion, but..."

Yuyuko's tone lightens, as though she's remembering something funny.

"At any rate, an isolated soul crossing the border is unprecedented. The courts of the dead that govern over Gensokyo's afterlife were not prepared to deal with this at all. The icing on the cake is that they cannot seem to contact the other side of the Border, and as a consequence cannot requisition the record of your actions in life. Without any record at all there is no way for them to actually judge you, much less sentence you or return you to the cycle of reincarnation. You were sent to Hakugyokuro because there is nowhere else for them to send you while they try and sort out the mess that has been made."

Okay, you still don't know the details of the court system, but that's clear enough for now. Even so, you feel a little incredulous; if what she's saying is true, then...

"I was sent here because of bureaucracy?"

"Precisely!" Yuyuko leans over and taps your head with her fan, an amused smile on her face.

That seems a little... silly, considering it has to do with something as serious as the fate of your soul. It doesn't look like you can do anything about this, though. You've got a few more questions for her after that explanation.

"You said my soul was drifting around after I died, but I don't remember anything like that..."

"Ah, right." Yuyuko sounds a little sheepish. "I say drifting, but that's not exactly it, and you would not have been conscious for the experience. I apologize, but we are talking about a rather metaphysical subject. I am trying to explain this in terms that you will understand; if I were to explain in full, it would require much more time than we have while simply waiting for lunch, or in a day for that matter. It is rather complicated. I would be happy to teach you some time, if you would like, but you would do well to wait a bit before attempting to grasp such concepts. They will be simpler to learn if you have some experience as a ghost first."

That makes sense. This really isn't the sort of thing you ever could have analyzed in life, so it's probably too far removed from your experience for you to really understand right now.

"That's alright for now... I was drifting, but unconscious. We'll say that for now. But if I came in through a gap in the Border, couldn't I just have been sent back to the other side the same way?"

Yuyuko shakes her head.

"The Hakurei Border is very complicated, and there is no one living or dead who understands it in its entirety. It would not be wrong to say that it has a life and mind of its own. Simply because you drifted through a gap does not mean there will still be a gap there for you to drift back through, or that traveling through the gap will send you back to where you came from. The Border separates Gensokyo from a host of things, known and unknown, and simply shunting you through it... well, the result of such an action could have very profound consequences for you. Suffice to say that it is easier to stumble into Gensokyo than it is stumble out."

It sounds like you might be stuck in Gensokyo for a while, then. In that case...

"If I'm going to be stuck in Gensokyo, what am I supposed to do?"

Yuyuko seems to brighten up at that.

"Well, given the extenuating circumstances, you have my permission to stay here indefinitely. Indeed, you may not have much of a choice - Hakugyokuro will be safe for you, and you do not have anywhere else to go as it stands. You are free to do as you like while you are here... within reason, of course."

That's a very generous offer. But something about what she said bothers you. She said you'd be safe here, but you're already dead, so why wouldn't you be safe anywhere else? It's not as though anything can kill you, is it?

Or maybe there are fates worse than death? What an unpleasant thought that is.

You're shaken out of your reverie by the sound of Youmu's voice coming from somewhere within the manor. She shouts something about lunch being ready. Immediately, you notice Yuyuko's posture slump a little, and her expression shifts to one of relieved relaxation. She fans herself a little, and the grave atmosphere is completely dispelled.

"Ah, I really hate having to be so serious!" She stands up and stretches, and you can hear her make a sort of purring sound. She winks at you, and you realize you've been staring at her. Blushing just a bit, you scramble to your feet.

"Anyway, it's lunch time! Come on, come on! You won't believe how good Youmu's cooking is!"

This woman really is something, isn't she? Changing her personality completely like that...

You don't really feel hungry - wait, do ghosts need to eat? Still, it would be rude to turn her down, especially when she's so excited.

[ ] "Lunch sounds nice." Let Yuyuko lead the way, and just follow behind her.

[ ] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm, that's the gentlemanly thing to do.

[ ] "I think I'll stay out here a bit longer, if that's alright. I'll come after you in just a little while."
>> No. 3574
[ ] "Lunch sounds nice." Let Yuyuko lead the way, and just follow behind her. Hang back for a second and ask "Wait, how does a ghost eat food anyway?"
>> No. 3575
[ ] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm, that's the gentlemanly thing to do.

This Yuyuko. I'll be taking it.
>> No. 3578
[X] "Lunch sounds nice." Let Yuyuko lead the way, and just follow behind her. Hang back for a second and ask "Wait, how does a ghost eat food anyway?"
>> No. 3580
[X] "Lunch sounds nice." Let Yuyuko lead the way, and just follow behind her. Hang back for a second and ask "Wait, how does a ghost eat food anyway?"

This is shaping up pretty nicely so far.
>> No. 3581
[X] "Lunch sounds nice." Let Yuyuko lead the way, and just follow behind her. Hang back for a second and ask "Wait, how does a ghost eat food anyway?"
>> No. 3582
[ ] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm, that's the gentlemanly thing to do.

let us go, yuyucow
>> No. 3583
[ ] "Lunch sounds nice." Let Yuyuko lead the way, and just follow behind her.

Youmu or Chen, maybe Ran. Yuyuko in a pinch.

These are your orders anon, you are to focus on one of the two main targets and ignore any targets of opportunity.
>> No. 3584
>>3583

I read this as:

Yuyuko or Yuyuko, maybe Yuyuko. Yuyuko in a pinch.
>> No. 3585
Patchwork is writing.

Please wait warmly while it is ready.
>> No. 3587
>>3583

I take those orders and wipe my ass with them
>> No. 3588
File 121227068329.jpg - (66.34KB , 400x400 , YuyuYoumu076.jpg ) [iqdb]
3588
[X] "Lunch sounds nice." Let Yuyuko lead the way, and just follow behind her. Hang back for a second and ask "Wait, how does a ghost eat food anyway?"


***

"Lunch does sound nice. Lead the way, Miss Yuyuko." You're not really hungry, but maybe that'll change once you see some food.

"Alright! It's food time!" Yuyuko claps her hands in excitement, and does a little spin. She turns around, and starts to head into the house, but you pipe up again.

"Wait, how does a ghost eat food anyway?"

Yuyuko just waves her hand and brushes your question aside. "Don't sweat the small things like that! It's not important, right? Food's food!"

She really moves at her own pace, huh? Well, at least that attitude is sort of calming. You follow her lead as she floats into the house and through the halls, noting absently how traditional everything is. Well worn wooden floors, and traditional Japanese architecture, complete with those old rice-paper doors. There are little decorative touches every now and again, little flowers and the like, an occasional portrait, a vase now and again - you notice that many of the decorations share a butterfly motif, with images of the little creatures sometimes placed in just such a way that you wouldn't notice them if you weren't looking.

Just as you consider asking about all those butterflies, a pleasant smell wafts by - must be the food. It really does smell quite nice, and while you're still not hungry, you do find yourself wanting a taste. Yuyuko hums a happy little tune as she slides open one last door, revealing...

Revealing one hell of a spread. All kinds of foods are set out on a small, low table, with four cushions set around it. The cushions are in different colors, too - two little green ones with sakura petals on them, a dark blue one with a white butterfly imprint, and a black cushion with what looks like a sunset over a mountain range. It's easy enough to figure out which cushion is for who...

Wait, is that twilit mountain range supposed to be some metaphor for the end of your life? Damn, that's actually kind of morbid.

Your pull your attention back to the door as Youmu comes through, carrying another tray laid out with what appears to be chopsticks and several small empty bowls, along with one much larger bowl filled with rice. She's wearing a little black kerchief to hold her hair back now - it kind of reminds you of a waitress. Cute.

"Ah, you're here. I'm sorry, but could you wait just a moment? Since we have a guest, I had to prepare more food than usual, and there are still a few trays to bring out."

[ ] Offer to help Youmu with bringing the food out.

[ ] Just sit down and chat with Yuyuko for a bit.
>> No. 3589
[x] Just sit down and chat with Yuyuko for a bit.

Not the nicest option, no; but staying on target.
>> No. 3590
[x] Just sit down and chat with Yuyuko for a bit.
>> No. 3591
[X] Offer to help Youmu with bringing the food out.

>>3589
Youmu is the target.
>> No. 3592
[ ] Offer to help Youmu with bringing the food out.
>> No. 3593
[ ] Offer to help Youmu with bringing the food out.

Don't want Youmu, but be nice anyway.
>> No. 3594
[ ] Offer to help Youmu with bringing the food out.
>> No. 3595
[X] Offer to help Youmu with bringing the food out.
>> No. 3596
>>3593

Fair enough.
>> No. 3597
Quick win for Youmu. Writing.
>> No. 3599
File 121227307047.jpg - (194.20KB , 500x601 , youmu433.jpg ) [iqdb]
3599
[X] Offer to help Youmu with bringing the food out.

***

"If there's much more than this, I can help set the table," you offer.

Youmu sets the tray down in the middle of the table and shakes her head. "That's quite alright, there's not much more, and I can carry it all myself."

"I insist. It's the least I can do to repay your hospitality."

"Really, it's-"

"Youmu," Yuyuko interrupts her, "it's fine, right? Such a polite boy, offering to help set the table!" She swoons playfully, and you hear Youmu sigh.

"Alright then." Youmu beckons for you to follow her through the door she entered through. Trailing her into the kitchen, you take a quick glance around and notice with some curiosity that there are several modern appliances here, including a dishwasher and a very large refrigerator, contrasting sharply with the rest of the estate's traditional Japanese design. In fact, the wooden flooring here seems to have been covered in tile. Curious, but you have other things to take care of; maybe you can ask about it later.

Youmu gestures over towards three trays that sit on the counter, each with a different type of dish sitting on it. They're quite large, and you'd need both hands to carry them. She was right, she could have done this on her own, but it would have taken at least three trips to bring them all out.

"We'll each take one of those out to the table, alright?"

You nod, and the two of you each retrieve a tray. It looks like this'll take two trips - you think you should probably handle the second one, and let Youmu sit down at the table. As you turn to head back towards the dining room, however, something catches your eye.

There are two Youmus. Or at least, you can see two of them, even if one of them seems to be the same ghostly blue color as you. They've both retrieved a tray, and are already headed back.

[ ] Just ignore it. That can't be right. It can't be.

[ ] "Youmu? Why are there two of you?"

[ ] "Fill my eyes with that double vision, no disguise for that double vision."
>> No. 3600
[ ] "Hey, Youmu, why don't you teach me that trick sometime?"
>> No. 3601
>>3599

[ x ] "Fill my eyes with that double vision, no disguise for that double vision."

You...you...DOUBLE YOUMU
>> No. 3602
Logically, it's your fault, isn't it? So helping's the best option.
>> No. 3603
[x] "Fill my eyes with that double vision, no disguise for that double vision."
>> No. 3604
File 121227362985.jpg - (3.02KB , 125x125 , FUCKYES.jpg ) [iqdb]
3604
[x] "Fill my eyes with that double vision, no disguise for that double vision."

FUCK YES, FOREIGNER!
>> No. 3606
[x] "Fill my eyes with that double vision, no disguise for that double vision."
>> No. 3607
Rocking.

I mean, writing.
>> No. 3614
File 121227700466.jpg - (60.07KB , 405x602 , youmu072.jpg ) [iqdb]
3614
[X] "Fill my eyes with that double vision, no disguise for that double vision."

***

You freeze in place. Hands, feet, nothing can move. A little voice in the back of your head tries desperately to make sense of the situation. Your mind shuts down, and there's only one thing you can rely on.

"Fill my eyes with that double vision." Only the rocking tunes of Foreigner can save you now.

Both Youmus stop and turn to look at you. The normal looking one raises an eyebrow, while the ghostly one leans towards you slightly, a curious look on her face. Normal Youmu asks a question.

"Did you say something?"

"No disguise for that double vision." You sing in reply.

The Youmus give one another a glance, confused looks on their faces. It takes a few seconds, but eventually the dawn of recognition sets in on both of them. Normal Youmu turns bright red, and the ghostly Youmu lets out a soft squeaking noise and stumbles in place, apparently so embarrassed that she has trouble keeping her balance. You think the ghostly Youmu is blushing as well, but it's hard to tell because of her translucency.

"Ah, ah! Sorry! I always forget how much it surprises people!" Youmu sounds pretty flustered. "I'm half ghost! Half ghost! So that's my ghost half, and this is my human half!"

Half ghost? The wheels in your mind start turning again, albeit with a loud creaking. Half ghost. You're not sure how that works, but it looks like that would be why there are two of her... you guess. You recall now that there were four seats at the table, and that two of them made a matching pair - this must be why.

"You, ah, you understand right?"

"Ooh, when it gets through to me, it's always new to me." Wait, crap, you're still going on autopilot! "I mean, yeah. I don't really understand, but... I understand?"

Youmu seems to have calmed down a little. Both of her. "Alright, well... it's not common, so... I'll try and explain it better later on."

You nod. That's enough for now. Another crisis averted by Foreigner.

The three of you take the trays out to the dining room in an awkward silence. Yuyuko is already seated, drumming on an overturned bowl with a pair of chopsticks. The table is set quickly, and Youmu takes... both her seats. You stroll around to the other side, only to notice that your cushion isn't where it was before.

Instead, your cushion has been moved over so that it sits directly beside Yuyuko. She must have moved it while you were in the kitchen. There's a familiar mischievous grin on her face, and she pats the cushion with her hand.

"Well, what are standing around for? Take a seat!"

You're not sure what kind of joke she's planning with this one, but you sit down on the cushion anyway. It would be rude to move it now, right? Youmu seems to have noticed your plight, and you see her roll her eyes again, while her ghost half heaves a sigh. They don't look terribly surprised.

You all give the customary thanks for the food, and it's time to eat. There's a lot of food spread out here, so what to start with?

[ ] Plain rice.

[ ] There are some little colored balls of some sort on one plate. Why not start with those?

[ ] Some kind of meat. It doesn't really matter to you what kind.

[ ] Fruit's always good. You can see some sliced apples nearby.
>> No. 3616
[ ] Fruit's always good. You can see some sliced apples nearby.

How about some.. Pomegranate?
>> No. 3617
[x] Some kind of meat. It doesn't really matter to you what kind.

MEAT MEAT MEAT
>> No. 3619
[X] Plain rice.
Youmu digs the ascetic guys, right?
>> No. 3620
[x] Plain rice.
>> No. 3622
>>3614

[ ] Some kind of meat. It doesn't really matter to you what kind.

MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT
>> No. 3623
[ ] Plain rice.
[ ] Fruit's always good. You can see some sliced apples nearby.

Plain rice is good, but too much starch on its own makes you pretty constipated.
>> No. 3624
[ ] Plain rice.
[ ] Fruit's always good. You can see some sliced apples nearby.
>> No. 3625
[z] Plain rice.
[z] Fruit's always good. You can see some sliced apples nearby.
>> No. 3626
Writin' now.
>> No. 3628
later, we learn danmaku and have spellcards inspired by foreigner lyrics.

Cold as Ice
Double Vision
Dirty White Boy
etc.
>> No. 3631
File 12122817427.jpg - (157.87KB , 480x388 , YuyuYoumu018.jpg ) [iqdb]
3631
[X] Plain rice.
[X] Fruit's always good. You can see some sliced apples nearby.

***

Taking one of the smaller bowls beside it, you scoop some plain rice out of a larger bowl with a large wooden spoon that rested in it, and begin to take your fill. Out of the corner of your eye you can see Yuyuko doing the same, and at a much more rapid pace. By the time you've taken what you feel is enough rice, Yuyuko has taken twice as much, as well as taken several small plates from various places on the table and stacked them with a large variety of the dishes on the table.

That was fast.

Either way, you take an empty plate for yourself, and take a few slices of fruit to go with your rice - some apples, a cherry or two, and what looks to be pomegranate. Taking a quick glance at Yuyuko, you can see that she's already eaten quite a bit in this short span, and is still gathering more; Youmu, on the other hand, is gathering food at roughly the same pace as yourself. She really did prepare quite a feast, but... you're beginning to suspect it wasn't entirely for your benefit. Maybe she had to make a much larger meal than usual, just to make sure you could grab something before Yuyuko finished off the entire lunch.

With that in mind, you think that you might want to pick up the pace, just in case you want to have anything else after this small meal. You twirl a pair of chopsticks skillfully in your right hand, and dig in to the rice. To your surprise, it actually has quite a bit of flavor. Stifling your rice intake with a slice of fruit every now and again, you find that the fruit has also been prepared well, with slight bits of other flavors to accentuate their natural taste. They're small touches, but it tells you that Youmu puts a lot into her cooking, even when it's something simple.

You take a quick glance at her and see that she's watching you as you eat. You flash her a smile and she smiles back - you can see her ghost half straighten her posture just a bit, as though she were proud of herself. You notice, however, that she doesn't say anything. You wonder idly if she's not used to table conversation; it must be hard to talk with Yuyuko during meals, what with her practically inhaling the table.

Speaking of which, you've finished off what you gathered, and you realize that if you want anything else you'll have to be quick about it. Youmu's cooking seems to be quite good, so you reach out for a slice of home baked bread...

Yoink! Yuyuko snatches it up just before you can. Poor luck, that. Well then, there's an interesting looking soup over there. You reach for a soup bowl...

Swipe! Yuyuko grabs the soup bowl just before you can, and ladles half the remaining soup into it. Moving at that kind of pace, you think it might be dangerous to eat with her too often. She could end up tearing a hand off, and probably wouldn't notice until it was in her mouth. Anyway, you can see some sort of kebab just to to your right, and...

Filch! Yuyuko snaps up the skewer you were reaching for just as your fingers touch it. Now wait just a damn minute...

A quick look at Yuyuko confirms that she has one eye trained on your hand. She's doing this on purpose. A serruptitious glance at Youmu reveals both halves of her have averted their gaze from the table, well aware of what their mistress is doing. It looks like you're on your own, son.

[ ] Just ignore Yuyuko, and try to grab what you can.

[ ] Are you challenging me? Well then, let's play, Yuyuko Saigyouji.
>> No. 3634
[ ] Are you challenging me? Well then, let's play, Yuyuko Saigyouji.

This food. I'll be taking it.
>> No. 3637
[x] Are you challenging me? Well then, let's play, Yuyuko Saigyouji.
>> No. 3638
[X] TRACE ON.
>> No. 3639
[x] Are you challenging me? Well then, let's play, Yuyuko Saigyouji.

Time to use what we learned from the School of Martial Arts Eating
>> No. 3640
[ ] Just ignore Yuyuko, and try to grab what you can.

There is nothing that incenses the mischievous more than not playing along. We win!
>> No. 3644
[X] Just ignore Yuyuko, and try to grab what you can.
>> No. 3645
[x] Are you challenging me? Well then, let's play, Yuyuko Saigyouji.

eetin gaems
>> No. 3647
>>3642
oh u
>> No. 3648
All keyboards are in green status. Permission to write... confirmed.

Launch all typing skills.
>> No. 3649
[ ] Do you have enough stomach space, queen of digestion?
>> No. 3650
[ ] Are you challenging me? Well then, let's play, Yuyuko Saigyouji.
>> No. 3652
[ ] Wait for Yuyuko to grab something to eat, then pull the same trick on her
It's probably too late but, ah well!
>> No. 3657
File 121228603891.jpg - (57.60KB , 368x420 , yuyuko081.jpg ) [iqdb]
3657
[X] Are you challenging me? Well then, let's play, Yuyuko Saigyouji.

***

It seems as though Miss Saigyouji would like to play. Well then, as her guest, it's only right that you play with her.

Taking a page out of her book, you keep an eye on her hands. Judging from her pace while eating, you can stand to wait much longer than she can to reach for any given food. You wait for just a few minutes, and she reaches for a meat bun...

Now!

Your hand darts out quick as lightening, and you snatch up the bun just as she touches it. Her eyes widen for a moment as her gaze meets yours, and that blue light that pours from her pupils seems to gleam for a moment. She smiles, and you take a bite out of the meat bun in response. It tastes good. It tastes like payback.

An unspoken challenge has been issued, and the two of you face off in a battle of wills. Her monstrous appetite drives her to attempt for food more often than you, and you can usually score a point off one of her attempts, but she moves so fast that it's impossible to beat her every time. Conversely, you have no appetite, but this cooking is so good that you can't help your desire to try more, and she scores a point off you every time, without fail.

You continue to clash for some time, but at last the final challenge comes. Every other plate has been cleared, admittedly mostly by Yuyuko, but you've had a taste of almost everything. Now it comes down to this: a single, chocolate covered cherry laying at the dead center of a plate perfectly distanced from you both. Yuyuko has been swiping a lot of these during the competition, and you haven't had one, so it seems fitting. Both you and Yuyuko are poised, ready to end this.

Like in a bad western, the two of you stand off. Your eyes narrow, your hands inch forward slowly. Wait for it, and... your hand darts forward, your fingers close onto...

Thin air. Yuyuko holds her chopsticks elegantly, the cherry gripped between them. She must have hidden those in her sleeve! She laughs haughtily, bringing her hand up to hide her face in the classic feminine gesture of victory.

"Oh ho! It's too bad that you never got the chance to try one of Youmu's chocolate cherries! They really are the best... well, I suppose that's something to look forward to next time, eh?"

Gloating over your victory like that, Yuyuko... such an amateur mistake! Your hand darts out, employing the same hidden chopstick trick that Yuyuko used, and you quickly swipe the treat right out from between her chopsticks! Yuyuko lets out a startled gasp, and you pop the cherry into your mouth. It's sweet, the perfect mixture of chocolate and fruit... and victory.

Out the side of your eyes, you can see Youmu smiling, and her ghost half suppressing a giggle. Yuyuko looks stunned for a moment, but gives you a theatrical glare, and puffs her cheeks indignantly.

"No fair! I stole that fair and square! Give it back!"

You ignore her demands and chew the delicious treat with an exaggerated movement, taunting her.

"Fine! If you won't give it back, I'm going to take it back!"

Wait, what?

Suddenly you find yourself staring into Yuyuko's eyes, the deep blue butterflies in them flaring brightly just before they flutter closed. Her face is so close, so close... she wouldn't, would she? But she's closing the distance, her soft lips parted ever so slightly... she's leaning forward, and you can just feel her lips brushing against yours slightly, and your mouth is just beginning to open slightly too, and...

BANG!

You jerk back when you hear the impact of a bowl against the table, just in front of you. Youmu's ghost half is standing just beside you, having just slammed a bowl of three chocolate cherries down onto the table; she's grinding her teeth, and you can see her twitching. Youmu's human half is now beside Yuyuko, looking much more composed, but still quite irritated. She clears her throat loudly.

"Knowing my lady's eating habits, I had saved these for our guest and I. If he has no objections, having taken the last last cherry, you may have the one I was keeping for him." There's a very hard edge to her voice, suggesting that neither you nor Yuyuko have any say in this.

You nod dumbly, realizing that the surprise of that bowl impacting the table made you swallow the cherry. Yuyuko just pouts and takes one of the cherries from the bowl, leaving one for each of Youmu's halves.

"He got the better one..." She mumbles quietly, before popping the cherry into her mouth.

"I'm sure he did, my lady." Youmu sounds rather condescending.

The commotion dies down, and the girls finish their little desserts. A look at the table reveals that it's a mess. It's going to be a pain to clean all that.

[ ] Offer to help clean the dishes.

[ ] Say nothing.
>> No. 3662
>>3657
[ ] Offer to help clean the dishes.
WHAT'S THIS?
TSUN-TSUN YOUMU?
>> No. 3664
[►] Offer to help clean the dishes.

'No, you're a guest, I can't have you do dishes!'

"No, seriously, I'm dead. What else am I going to do other than sit around and be dead?"
>> No. 3665
[x] Offer to help clean the dishes.
>> No. 3666
[ ] Offer to help clean the dishes.
>> No. 3668
[ ] Offer to help clean the dishes.
>> No. 3670
[x] Offer to help clean the dishes.
>> No. 3672
>>3664

heh, valid argument there.


[X] Offer to help clean the dishes.
>> No. 3673
>>3662

[ ] Offer to help clean the dishes.
Jealous Youmu is Moemu! Or Youmoe.
>> No. 3674
[ ] Offer to help clean the dishes.
>> No. 3675
[x] Offer to help clean the dishes.
Do something. One can't just sit on their laurels and expect something to happen.
>> No. 3677
I can't say I'm terribly surprised. Writing.
>> No. 3692
File 121228989383.jpg - (114.85KB , 500x743 , youmu207.jpg ) [iqdb]
3692
[X] Offer to help clean the dishes.

***

Things have calmed down a bit now... or at least, they've gotten as calm as they're likely to get. Yuyuko is in good humor, but it seems it's only her. Youmu's ghost half still looks a little unhinged, and you gather that her human half is less composed than she looks. Well, you'll have to deal with that.

"Well, if everyone's finished, why don't I get started on the dishes?"

"A fine idea. I believe I will join you." Youmu's voice still sounds a little harsh.

Yuyuko looks like she wants to say something for a moment, but she seems to think better of it.

"I think I'll go take an afternoon nap," she says after a bit. "If you need me for anything, Youmu knows where to find me." With that, she rises from her seat and floats away.

After Yuyuko leaves, you and Youmu gather up the plates in silence. Even with three sets of hands, there's no way you could possibly get these all in one trip. You find yourself wondering exactly how many plates Hakugyokuro has...

Either way, once you've gathered as many plates as you can, you and Youmu make for the kitchen. You set the dishes you've collected in the sink, and Youmu loads the electric dishwasher - it's full before even half the plates can be put inside of it. As you start the sink, Youmu comes over and tosses you a sponge. The two of you set to work in quiet.

After some time has passed, Youmu speaks up. "I apologize. For snapping like that during lunch, I mean. I... the mistress can be very vexing at times. I believe she takes her little jokes too far, and it causes trouble. Allow me to apologize on her behalf if her last joke made you," Youmu blushes slightly, "uncomfortable, in any way."

You shake your head and reply that it's fine.

"Even if you weren't bothered by that display, if she... ever takes it too far, please be sure to tell her. She seems to forget at times the feelings of others, and it... it bothers her, too. So, it is important that you let her know if she oversteps her bounds."

Youmu sounds very sad for some reason. This feels like something very important to remember.

You spend some more time washing dishes in silence, save for the rushing of the water and the dull hum of the dishwasher. The atmosphere is a little heavy.

[ ] Just finish the job without talking.

[ ] Ask Youmu about her ghost half. You haven't seen it ever since you started washing dishes.

[ ] Try and crack a joke.

[ ] Ask Youmu about something else. (Specify)
>> No. 3695
[x] Try and crack a joke.
The "try" is more than a bit worrying, but oh well.
>> No. 3696
[x] Ask Youmu about her ghost half. You haven't seen it ever since you started washing dishes.
>> No. 3697
[x] Try and crack a joke.
Atmosphere... Too gloomy. Must... plaster a smile on that sad half-ghost face! I'll make you laugh if it's the last thing I do!
>> No. 3698
[ ] Ask Youmu about her ghost half. You haven't seen it ever since you started washing dishes.
>> No. 3700
[ ] Ask Youmu about her ghost half. You haven't seen it ever since you started washing dishes.

"Why does it go Myon?"
"Because that's it's name."
"Oh."
>> No. 3701
[x] Ask Youmu about her ghost half. You haven't seen it ever since you started washing dishes.
>> No. 3706
[ ] Try and crack a joke.

"Three blokes walk into a pub, right?"
"What?"
"It's a joke."
"I don't get it."
"I haven't finished it yet."
"Oh, please go on."
"Okay, three blokes walk into a pub and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious predictability."
"......"
"Not a Bill Bailey fan then?"

Also, is Youmoe jealous of Yuyuko being all over us or is she jealous of the attention she's giving us over Moeyu?
>> No. 3717
[x] Try and crack a joke.
Disappear. This mood is an eyesore.
>> No. 3725
Writing.

>>3706

What makes you think she's jealous?
>> No. 3726
>[x] Try and crack a joke.

"Hey. Hey, Youmu."
"Yes?"
"What do you call a dead baby on a stick?"
"What...?"
"A Kebaby~!"
"... How terrible..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
>> No. 3736
I was gonna slowpoke it. Almost.
>> No. 3737
File 121229465448.jpg - (69.19KB , 444x621 , youmu246.jpg ) [iqdb]
3737
[X] Ask Youmu about her ghost half. You haven't seen it ever since you started washing dishes.

***

"Hey, Youmu?"

She hums quizzically.

"What happened to your ghost half? I haven't seen it for a while."

In response, a sort of wispy orb floats across your vision, and orbits around your head slowly. While it seems to mostly be a large mote of light, you can see what looks like a bright blue-white flame burning within it - paradoxically, the air around the orb seems rather cold. Just as you think that, the ball brushes directly against your nose, and you sneeze in response.

"When I have no tasks with which my ghost half can assist, I normally do not expend the effort to maintain its more human form. It requires much less energy to float about formlessly."

Youmu sounds less down than before. It must have cheered her up a little to talk about something else. Maybe that sneeze helped as well.

"Come to think of it, does your ghost half have a name?"

Youmu blushes a little. "The mistress refers to my ghost half as Myon, though I have no idea where she came up with such a silly name."

You chuckle a little. It really is a silly name, but it's cute. Youmu makes a point of looking away from you. It doesn't help you stop laughing, though; she looks more childish than usual when she's embarrassed like that. That's cute too.

The two of you keep washing dishes in silence, but at least it's no longer uncomfortable. After a little while Youmu shuts off the sink, though there are still several dirty plates. You're about to say something when she speaks up.

"The rest of the plates can be handled by the dishwasher. I will store them later tonight, so don't worry about it."

You nod, and the two of you leave the kitchen. You notice that Myon has stayed behind. That's probably how Youmu intends to manage the rest of the dishes. It must be interesting to be able to be in two places like that... you'll have to ask her about it more once you get to know her better.

You pass through the dining room and out into the hall. Youmu pauses for a moment, and seems to be thinking about something.

"Is there anything in particular you would like to do? You have not been a guest here very long, so if you need help finding your way..."

[ ] Ask Youmu for a tour.

[ ] Ask Youmu for directions to somewhere. (Specify where)

[ ] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.

[ ] Tell her you want to explore on your own.
>> No. 3738
That's it for tonight. I'll be back with more tomorrow.

Is the pace of this alright, by the way? I feel like I'm updating a little slowly.
>> No. 3739
>>3737
[ ] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.

Youmoe~
>> No. 3740
[x] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.

Why not?
>> No. 3741
[ ] Ask Youmu for directions to somewhere. (Specify where)

Her room.
>> No. 3742
[ ] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.
>> No. 3743
[x] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.
>> No. 3744
[ ] Ask Youmu for a tour.
>> No. 3745
[X] Ask Youmu for a tour.
[X] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.
>> No. 3746
[x] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.
>> No. 3747
[X] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.

Why not have both Youmu AND Yuyuko?
>> No. 3748
>>3747
Fuck yes! Foursome!
>> No. 3750
[ ] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.

>>3747
Yuyuko/Youmu threesome (foursome with ghost?) = HAWT
>> No. 3753
>>3747
If we want that, all we have to do is chase Yuyuko.

If you get what I mean.
>> No. 3758
I like this so far. Keep up the good work, Patches.

>>3750
I think you're avoiding BC because of the futa, aren't you?
>> No. 3760
>>3758
I myself am following BCR -despite- the futa. It's not something I'm a fan of, but well, people decided, and the story is good.

Dunno if it puts other people off or not.
>> No. 3762
>>3758
Hell, that's what makes BC great. i lol'd immediately when one of the first choices was 'dickgirl'.
>> No. 3765
>>3760
Same, I'm not really fond of that, But the story itself, the regularity of the updates and many other reasons place BCR amongst my favorites
>> No. 3772
>>3758
I love the futa aspect of BC(R), personally.
>> No. 3849
WRITE MOAR
>> No. 3850
PATCHWORK FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING I WANT MORE BUSTY MOE GHOST
>> No. 3851
Er, sorry guys. I've been a little busy today. Had to make medical appointments and crap.

Will get started again soon.
>> No. 3854
>>3851
No one's serious anyway. It's just MANLY to act angry and dumb on an imageboard.
>> No. 3857
File 121236903529.jpg - (77.27KB , 500x500 , 1826_youmu_konpaku.jpg ) [iqdb]
3857
A'ight. Let's get cracking.

***

[X] Ask Youmu what she wants to do.

***

"I can't think of anything. How about you? What do you usually do?"

Youmu looks surprised at your response, and she shuffles her feet. She suddenly looks more self-conscious than usual.

"Ah, me? Well, I have finished my gardening duties for the day. I would normally spend some time on my sword training now. You could come watch, if you'd like."

[ ] Sword training? Sounds AWESOME.

[ ] Sword training? Sounds boring.
>> No. 3858
[ ] Sword training? Sounds AWESOME.
>> No. 3859
[ ] Sword training? Sounds AWESOME.

We can phase through walls since we're a ghost right?
>> No. 3860
[X] Sword training? Sounds AWESOME.
>> No. 3861
[x] Sword training? Sounds AWESOME.
>> No. 3864
[X] Sword training? Sounds SEXY!
>> No. 3867
[ ] Sword training? Sounds AWESOME.
>> No. 3886
About what I expected. Writing now.
>> No. 3899
File 121237383870.jpg - (38.37KB , 635x450 , 1831_youmu_konpaku.jpg ) [iqdb]
3899
[X] Sword training? Sounds AWESOME.

***

"Sword training? That sounds interesting. I'd like to see that."

Youmu nods, and motions for you to follow her down the hall. Every now and again she'll peek over her shoulder at you, as if she expects you to take back your decision and wander off. She seems to become progressively more nervous as the two of you move through the halls.

Finally Youmu stops before a particularly large set of sliding doors, and opens them to reveal a room that looks exactly like a stereotypical dojo. Hardwood floors, a few wooden-barred windows to let the sun in, and against the far wall you can see mounted set of antique samurai armor, complete with a wall scroll hanging above it and a pair of polished wooden swords to either side. The scroll looks to have a rather long message written out in elegant calligraphy - you can't help but notice that a small image of a butterfly has been used in lieu of a signature.

Youmu struggles to say something, but eventually settles on a rather flat "we're here."

She gestures towards one side of the room.

"I'm sorry but this room isn't meant for comfort. You can just sit over there if you'd like."

She sounds a little uncertain, but you take her up on her offer and find a place to sit by the wall. Once you've settled into a comfortable position, Youmu moves to stand before the armor. She says something quietly enough that you can't make it out, then turns to face the open doors.

She still looks a little fidgety, and she's shut her eyes. You watch carefully as she takes a few deep breaths and shifts into what you think is a stance - you can't really tell, you don't have enough experience with this sort of thing. Her hand drifts to the sword at her side, and...

There's a bright flash, and suddenly her sword is unsheathed and held fully extended to her right - it's obvious that she made a slash, but it was so fast that you couldn't even see it! You can't help but imagine being on the receiving end of a cut like that, and you shudder a little at the thought, even if you are already dead.

Watching Youmu for a time makes you realize how difficult it is to keep up with her movements. At times she seems to be little more than a green and white blur, and the movement of her swords looks like little more than whirling streaks of light. You can tell that she's moving in patterns, but it's impossible to get any more detail than that.

Though you can't follow all her movements you stay and watch. It's kind of relaxing, actually, in its own weird way. Still, there's something bothering you - every now and again the patterns of movement seem... off. It's hard to think of exactly why, and you wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't paid attention, but sometimes something looks like it's in the wrong position somehow or a movement seems to falter for a moment.

Just as you're thinking that, Youmu stops in the middle of a movement. She slides back into a standing position, a troubled expression on her face. You can see her biting her lip.

"Why did you stop? Are you done?"

"No, but I," she pauses and looks away from you, "I'm sorry, but it's very difficult to concentrate when I know that someone is watching me. I don't want to offend, but would it bother you terribly to go and do something else?"

[ ] Insist on watching Youmu practice.

[ ] Excuse yourself and leave her to her own devices. You're just bothering her.

[ ] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3901
[ ] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3902
[x] Excuse yourself and leave her to her own devices. You're just bothering her.

Oh well. Still, we seem to be friendly for now, let's not mess that up.
>> No. 3903
[X] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.

Maybe she'd feel more comfortable training with someone, rather than to an audience.
>> No. 3904
[ ] Excuse yourself and leave her to her own devices. You're just bothering her.
[ ] Mumble under your breath "What the hell does a dead person do in a place like this anyway?"
>> No. 3905
[ ] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3906
[x] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3907
>>3904 Here. Can't manage to delete my post. Changing it to this.

[ ] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3908
[ ] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3909
[ ] Excuse yourself and leave her to her own devices. You're just bothering her.
>> No. 3911
[X] Excuse yourself and leave her to her own devices. You're just bothering her.
>> No. 3913
[X] Excuse yourself and leave her to her own devices. You're just bothering her.
[x] "Sorry to have bothered you."
>> No. 3917
[ ] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3924
[x] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.
>> No. 3927
[X] Strip down, coil up the towel to smack her ass.
[X] Put the towel back on before she turns around.
>> No. 3928
[x] Excuse yourself and leave her to her own devices. You're just bothering her.

Make SAD PUPPY EYES as excuse yourself.
>> No. 3932
Hah, that one was pretty close for a while. Looks like you'll be hitting Youmu up for some sword practice, though. Writing.
>> No. 3954
>>3932
This wall will be awesome.
>> No. 3957
File 121238054089.jpg - (285.54KB , 732x690 , 1791_youmu_konpaku.jpg ) [iqdb]
3957
[X] Ask if it would help any if you also tried to use a sword.

***

"Well, if it bothers you to have an audience, could I try participating?"

Youmu looks a little startled, but her nervousness has vanished.

"You've used a sword before?" She sounds skeptical.

"Well, no, but I could try, right?"

Youmu looks you over for a few minutes, and seems to be thinking it over. After a few moments, she turns around and heads to the other side of the room wordlessly. She seems to grip part of the wall for a second, but a quick tug causes it to slide open, revealing a storage closet. She scans the contents of the closet, and withdraws a pair of wooden swords, much more worn than the polished ones mounted on the wall. Sliding the closet shut, she motions for you to stand.

You get your feet, and are nearly beaned in the face by the wooden sword she tosses at you. You catch it, but not without a fumble. A quick glance reveals that she's taken her usual sword off and set them against the closet door. She strolls back to her position in front of the armor, and you take up a position across from her.

"If you want to practice with a sword, then you need to do it properly! I'll be teaching you the basics."

She sounds a lot more confident now, but you find yourself feeling less confident. You're not really sure what you're doing after all. In fact, you suddenly feel self-conscious... is this what it was like for her while you were watching?

"Alright, now follow my lead and take up a stance."

She slides into a stance. It looks easy enough, so you try and mimic her movement.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? SPREAD YOUR FEET FARTHER APART!"

Youmu's words come out in an enraged roar. You stiffen and are shocked into obeying. Where the hell did that come from?

"Now then, step and swing, like so!"

Okay, that's not hard...

"LEAD WITH YOUR RIGHT FOOT, YOU IDIOT! ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION AT ALL?"

You stumble back into a slightly more jittery version of your previous stance and repeat your swing, this time leading with your right foot.

"AWFUL! EXTEND YOUR ARM PROPERLY WHEN YOU MAKE SWING!"

Oh, hell. Maybe this was a bad idea.

---

You don't know how much time has passed, but your ears hurt from hearing all that shouting. You've been through several different stances and movements now, but have returned to the first stance she showed you. You hope you're doing it right, because you're too petrified to move. Youmu is glaring daggers at you.

"Your stances are sloppy!"

She slams her wooden sword against the floor, making a loud crack.

"Your swings are wasteful!"

Crack.

"Your movements are atrocious!"

CRACK.

"But it will have to do. Now come at me."

Wait, what?

"But I--"

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME? ATTACK ME! OR ARE YOU SCARED OF A LITTLE GIRL?"

You slide into your stance, reacting to the shout almost immediately. It looks you've been conditioned to react every time she yells. Making sure to lead with your right foot, you charge at her. When you think the time is just right you make a swing, and...

Youmu's weapon slams into your gut with about as much force as the truck that killed you, flinging you into the air like a rag doll and knocking the wind out of you. You're sent halfway across the room before you hit the floor, and you bounce a few times before coming to a stop just before the open door. You've dropped your wooden armament, and you clutch your stinging stomach as you writhe in pain and gasp for breath. Damn, you're a ghost! Why the hell does it hurt so much?

Your sword suddenly slams against your head, leaving you with a nasty burning feeling before it clatters to the floor in front of you. Did Youmu just throw that at you?

"Get up."

You don't have enough air to make a response.

"Get up."

With a sort of stunted whimper you climb to your feet, collecting your sword.

"Now, again."

"Bu--"

"AGAIN!"

WHY?

---

You collapse to the floor. Every single part of your body burns horribly from a combination of your own straining and the myriad blows dealt to you by Youmu's wooden blade. You're exhausted, you can't move your... anything, and most of your mental facilities are breaking down. You feel hellish, worse than you did when you first woke up in Hakugyokuro.

"Ah ha! Well, you did better than I thought you would! If you practice some more, you might actually be able to accomplish something!" Youmu proclaims cheerily, wiping a single bead of sweat from her brow. She looks like she's just gone through a brisk workout.

God damn.

[ ] "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, YOUMU?"

[ ] Break down and cry.

[ ] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.
>> No. 3959
[ ] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.

OH god.
>> No. 3960
[ ] "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, YOUMU?"
>> No. 3961
[ ] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.

Makes Sargent Hartman look like an understanding and pleasant guy to be around.
>> No. 3962
[ ] "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, YOUMU?"

She needs to chill, geez. We'll have Yuyuko molest her some later.
>> No. 3963
[X] "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, YOUMU?"

Then,

[X] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.
>> No. 3964
[ ] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.

If we weren't already dead, I think she'd have killed us.
>> No. 3965
[x] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.
>> No. 3966
[x] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.
>> No. 3967
Patchwork, you gonna update more for the day? I'm heading to bed if not.
>> No. 3968
[X] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.
>> No. 3969
[x] Break down and cry.

I wonder how she'd react?
>> No. 3971
[x] "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, YOUMU?"

wat?
>> No. 3973
I think I've got enough in me for one more post tonight. Writing.

I need to be up bright and early tomorrow, so once I get the business out of the way, I'll try and start this up again earlier.
>> No. 3974
File 121238563457.jpg - (21.55KB , 400x500 , 3c5j2.jpg ) [iqdb]
3974
[X] Just lay there like the worthless corpse that you left behind when you died.

***

You contemplate trying to say something, but... no you have nothing left. You just lay there, silent.

"Well, it looks like we're done for the day. Would you like to have some tea?" Youmu smiles down at you, as though nothing were wrong.

Your only response is a rasp.

"Are you alright?" She's frowning, now.

You make a gurgling noise, and your mouth starts to foam.

"Hey! Hey, what's wrong?" She seems to be panicking a little.

What's wrong? Really, Youmu? She's cute, but that question's just thick.

Your eyes roll back, and the world fades into darkness.

---

You're floating. You feel different somehow - maybe it's your clothes? Yeah, you're wearing a getup that you've never seen before. A long black skirt of sorts and a deep, dark purple jacket with orange lines tracing out wispy cloud patterns on it. The jacket is quite long and loose with, baggy sleeves.

There's a starless night sky above you, with twilit horizons far in the distance. You can hear grass rustling somewhere beneath you, and you can smell that distinctive grass smell. There's a gentle breeze.

This is kind of pleasant.

---

You return to the land of the waking with a groan. You feel quite a bit better than you did when you passed out, though you're still sore. For some reason, you can smell a faint grassy odor.

"Ah, you're awake."

Youmu is sitting beside you, with a formless Myon splayed across her lap. She looks relieved, and a tad apologetic.

"You were out for some time. It's already evening."

She smiles and laughs sheepishly.

"I apologize. I forget that not everyone was trained quite as harshly as I was, and it did not occur to me that you were so recently departed. It would seem your memories of life still have a great hold over you - you have yet to shed the strains and limits that you were so used to having when confined to a body. I suppose that will come with time."

Coughing politely, she rises to her feet.

"I would like to stay and chat, but I will leave you to your rest. I have left some green tea for you. Perhaps it will help you recover faster."

Youmu leaves your field of vision, and you hear a door slide softly open then shut. Sounds like she's gone.

You still feel terrible, but at least you know you can get better. But what to do now?

[ ] Just stay here and get some rest.

[ ] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.
>> No. 3975
[ ] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.

Maybe we can meet them poltergeists~
>> No. 3976
[x] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.

Let's shrug off what should've been a fatal blow, i'm feeling somewhat adventurous.
>> No. 3977
[ ] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.

Fucking hell.
>> No. 3978
[ ] Just stay here and get some rest.

we must rest and meditate on what we have learned
>> No. 3979
[ ] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.
>> No. 3980
[X] Just stay here and get some rest.
>> No. 3981
[x] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.
Complain to Yuyuko~
>> No. 3982
[x] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.
>> No. 3983
[X] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.

We shall find comfort from our pain between Yuyuko's ample bosoms.
>> No. 3984
>>3981
>>3983
So, Yuyuko route this playthrough?
>> No. 3985
>>3978

we hit max stat gain for this level

[x] Just stay here and get some rest.

I think we could get sexings from Yuyuko, and Youmu wouldn't care as long as she gets to beat the shit out of us at the dojo every day.

Here's hoping the Prismrivers will show up. I want to meet Merupo.
>> No. 3986
>>3984

Youmu & Myon are a package deal. Yuyuko is their master. We should be going for a harem end.

Playing games and being a pet to Yuyuko and training with Youmu-sensei we've been doing. We probably need to spend private time with Myon.

We'll need to hear the story of the Saigyou Ayakashi. We can then use free time to read a collection of Saigyou Houshi's completed works while leaning against the inert tree.

We'll hopefully meet the Yukari's crew or the Prismrivers soon. Eventually we'll be allowed to follow Youmu when she goes to the market--maybe meet Mima (ha ha we have legs) at the shrine.

Plot-wise we'll probably have to deal with Komachi/Siki eventually, fuck maybe even Shinki if we are sentenced.
>> No. 3987
sage for haremfags
>> No. 3989
>>3987

This entire post is a massive contradiction
>> No. 3990
Ehhh. Problem with harem end is that it tends to come at the cost of intimacy with one character. Yuyu route here would be good, being a ghost and all. She's always flirtatious and up for a romp, but getting beyond that is impossible for any living protagonist and will be quite the challenge even for a dead one.

A Youmu is fine, too, but her route feels too easy and predictable. She's tsundere, trains swords, we train with her, help her break through stress of serving Yuyu, find love, deal with her conflict of priorities between Yuyu and us, done.

Yuyu route, though? Who knows what'll happen if we try to get serious with her. It'll be funner.

(In before promises that Youmu route won't be so predictable. Maybe it wouldn't! But with the level of creativity needed for that, Yuyu route would just be even better.)
>> No. 3992
>>3984
Yes please. Yuyu is love.

That said, I wanna meet prismrivers and see how Patchwork characterizes them.
>> No. 4015
>>3990
Alright, I'm convinced. Yuyuko it is, which is a shame because I really loved her training.


[x] Just stay here and get some rest.
>> No. 4027
Late to bed, early to rise; makes me feel like college is still in session.

***

[X] Get up and take a look around. You may not feel your best, but dealing with this shouldn't be too bad.

***

You pull yourself into a sitting position with a groan. Your... well, you don't have muscles anymore, but whatever you do have burns like hell. Your ears are still ringing a little; who would have thought a small girl like Youmu could bellow like that?

You grope around for the tea Youmu left you, and bring it to your lips shakily. The cool liquid soothes your dry throat, and you actually feel some of your tension ease. You've spilled a little since you can't keep your hands very steady, but the damp coldness it creates on your clothes is too refreshing for you to care.

Keeping the tea in one hand, you rise to your feet. It's a little difficult, but you don't think there's any point to laying around in bed. You stumble over to the door, and steady yourself against the wall once you're there. This seems to be taking more effort than you expected... it might be a good idea to stick to the walls if you're going to be moving about. Support of some kind would be quite nice.

The door slides open easily enough, and you lean into the hall. You can't really tell what part of the building you're in just yet - the halls all look the same save for their sparse decorations. Still, if you just try to head in one direction, you ought to be able to get outside. Once you're out, it'll be easier to figure your exact location.

[ ] Head left.

[ ] Head right.
>> No. 4031
[ ] Look Left.
[ ] Look right.
[ ] Cross the road go left
>> No. 4035
[ ] Head right.
>> No. 4036
[x] Head left.

Because going right is never right.
>> No. 4037
[x] Head left.
>> No. 4038
[X] Head left.
>> No. 4042
Left it is.