- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 19160)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125316630673.jpg - (131.17KB, 495x700, ran028.jpg) [iqdb]
19160 No. 19160
[X] Go ahead and talk to her. Maybe you can cheer her up.

***

Honestly, it feels kind of strange to see her looking this depressed when you how serene and comfortable she's been the rest of the time you've seen her. She looked prettier with the smile on her face, not to mention more reassuring, and the latter is definitely something you could use with how mixed up things have gotten. You're not quite sure what you could do to make her feel better, but making an attempt is the least you can do both for yourself and for her. You lay your hand lightly on her shoulder, and give her a gentle shake.

"Say, Ran," you say quietly, "how you feeling?"

Still cradling her head in her arms, she peeks up at you with miserable eyes and grunts.

"... not well, then."

Ran finally sits up with a sigh, and grasps the neck of one of the countless bottles strewn about the counter between two elegant fingers. Swinging the translucent glass bottle slowly back and forth, she watches the last traces of the liquid inside swirl about.

"... I'm sorry," she mumbles at length. "I'm not conducting myself well, am I?"

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind. If you're feeling down, do you want to talk about it?"

"Well, I just feel like I'm always being swept up in..."

Ran trails off, regarding the ruby bottle in front of her in silence. Pursing her lips, she sets the carafe down gently, and leans forward to rest her arms on the counter. Her hat droops again, and she stares blankly ahead, a far away look in her eyes.

"Never mind."

You can't help but frown. This isn't going as well as you might have hoped.

"Listen, Ran, I--"

"Never mind."

Her firm tone brooks no argument, and you quiet down. An uncomfortable silence pervades between the two of you, the only noise coming from Suika and the stall owner as they roughhouse somewhere behind you.

---

You trudge back into Mayohiga beneath a darkening sky, feeling more than a little down yourself. This evening definitely did not go as well as you might have liked. That last little discussion killed most any enthusiasm you had left, and the poor bird who ran that little stall wasn't much better off; as for Ran, she wasn't very talkative the rest of the night, and wound up slowly drinking herself to sleep. Even now as you trail behind the somewhat cheerful looking Suika, the little girl is carrying Ran slung over over one shoulder.

Suika has seemed happy enough to talk to herself on this little trip, and hums a little tune as she leads you back to the main building, so at least someone had a good time. As you close on the house you spot Yukari sitting out where Ran was earlier, on the verandah in front of the dining room, the soft light from inside pouring out behind her, and casting her in a lovely glow. It looks like she's noticed the three of you as well, and she sits up and offers a wave and a happy smile as you approach.

"Suika."

"Yeah, Yukari!"

As Suika gives a spirited wave and breaks into a quick jog toward Yukari, the blond suddenly frowns. Getting to her feet, she fixes a sharp stare on Suika, and pus her hands on her hips.

"Suika Ibuki, just what are you doing with my familiar?"

"Ah, I took her and that ghost boy out for drinks, but she's a total lightweight these days," Suika says casually, trotting to a stop in front of Yukari, and tossing Ran's limp body to her rather carelessly. Yukari is quick to catch Ran, and does so with surprising ease, though she shoots Suika another glare. "Man, I remember back when she could keep up with us oni! She was a real charge! What was she back then, 700?"

"Yes, and I specifically told her not to go out to your parties back then! I'm lucky she's turned out as well as she has, I swear! Just what were you thinking, taking my little girl out at gods know what hour of the day to get drunk! With a man, no less!" She gestures irritably toward you, and you flinch back a little. You're not entirely sure that she's any happier with you than she is with Suika.

"Ah, come on Yukarin! Those two are prudes! I was just trying to get them to lighten up, have a little fun."

"Yes, and I know exactly what your idea of a little fun happens to be! It's a wonder their clothes are intact!"

"Speaking of which, I actually came here fo--"

"I know exactly why you're here," Yukari snaps, cradling Ran in her arms and turning to head back inside. "I'll deal with you after I put Ran to bed."

As Yukari stomps off into the house, Suika laughs and scratches her cheek.

"Man, she's as overprotective as ever! How's she keep that from Ran?" Turning to you with a lazy smile, she hefts her gourd in one hand and takes a sip before speaking to you. "Hey, I'm gonna talk with Yukari about some stuff when she gets back. I was thinking I'd take care of it myself, but you want to tag along? I think you might come up while we're making plans."

***

[ ] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.

[ ] Going to have to decline. Yukari doesn't seem very happy with either of you, and you don't really want to be around her when she's unhappy with you. She's scary.
-[ ] Go find Chen. She ought to be up now. Maybe she can take your mind off things.
-[ ] Just go straight to bad. Tonight turned into a mess, tomorrow will be a brighter day.
Expand all images
>> No. 19162
-[ ] Just go straight to bad. Tonight turned into a mess, tomorrow will be a brighter day.

Emo option
>> No. 19163
>Straight to bad.

I can't believe I missed that.
>> No. 19164
[x] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19165
[ ] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19167
[x] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.

Yukari seems more upset at Suika than us, though she's kinda peeved, but what were we supposed do? There's not much that could stop Suika.

Though that didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but I don't think it was a real disaster either.

Still we should nip any more stunts in the bud... though it seems it's not the first time Suika's dragged Ran along to something, and it seems to have left some bitter memories.

Let's hope tomorrow's a better day.
>> No. 19169
>>19163
>this depressed when you how serene
Not the only thing you missed. Writing tired?

[x] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19170
[X] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19171
[X] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19174
[x] Just go straight to bed. Tonight turned into a mess, tomorrow will be a brighter day.
>> No. 19175
[x] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19176
[x] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19177
[x] Going to have to decline. Yukari doesn't seem very happy with either of you, and you don't really want to be around her when she's unhappy with you. She's scary.
[x] Just go straight to bed. Tonight turned into a mess, tomorrow will be a brighter day.
>> No. 19179
[x] Going to have to decline. Yukari doesn't seem very happy with either of you, and you don't really want to be around her when she's unhappy with you. She's scary.
[x] Just go straight to bed. Tonight turned into a mess, tomorrow will be a brighter day.

What a way to start off a rainy day
>> No. 19180
[x] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19181
I must say the series of events were certainly Teruyo-ish just for wanting to hang out with Suika. (As in it more or less bites us in the ass; though I think even if we left Ran alone, that wouldn't have done much better.

But I suspect the Yukari fans had a nice laugh.
>> No. 19182
>>19169

Yes. Yes I was, and I should really avoid it. I know what weariness does to me.

>>19181

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Teruyo-ish, but I feel like I should note that this scenario could actually have turned out relatively positively for your relationship with Ran if you had opted to comfort her but stay quiet. Wouldn't be an enormous boost, but it would have been an improvement. Agreeing to go along with Suika without resistance didn't screw you over - it was basically a branching point between the potential for massive Ran points, and the potential for minor Ran points. You just didn't live up to the potential of the latter.

Regardless, I'm calling the vote. Writing will happen later today.
>> No. 19186
>>19182

Ah that's a relief, since Teruyo has a tendency to have innocent seeming decisions backfire horrifically.

Let's put it this way: Going for sex in DoLF R1 is a very risky thing. Look what happened with the Eirin handjob scene (hint: pain)

Sorry if I offended you, but it's rather disheartening to see a well intentioned effort fall rather flat; but at least all is not lost (no gains are better than losses)

But it's almost as if from the view of the Ran fans, it'd been better if you refused to go with Suika in the first place.

I wonder how the Suika quickie scene points are going. Since she's causing some trouble alright; more like her fans really.
>> No. 19187
Anon ruins everything
>> No. 19188
>>19187

All this means is that us Ranfans will have to rally harder to make up for the lost ground.

But it does seem that Patchwork isn't going to make this too easy for us, with such rather tricky votes. (one wouldn't equate resisting with a forced one on one date with big chance of hitting it big or falling flat.)

I'm just hoping the eventful Suika event will be worth it, so the Suika fans would stop interfering and leaving the battle to the Ran and Yukari fans.

Waffles for the Waffle Goddess!
>> No. 19189
File 125322294786.jpg - (526.78KB, 1250x1425, 1227387655706.jpg) [iqdb]
19189
>>19188
>Waffles for the Waffle Goddess!

Stop that. I'm a huge Ranfag but comments like this just make us look bad.
>> No. 19197
>>19189
Don't worry ranfriend, the rest of us couldn't look more down on you than they already do. Also, why did I call you ranfriend? Well, that's quite simple: friend is the closest relationship we'll allow you to have with her.
>> No. 19199
File 125326614381.jpg - (26.87KB, 319x333, 1252917274583.jpg) [iqdb]
19199
>>19197

Thrilling tale, comrade.
>> No. 19200
>>19197

Stop that. I love Patchwork but comments like this just make his voters look...

Carry on.
>> No. 19201
shipping wars; apparently it's serious business.

I think the two fan groups should get along more peacefully, but I suspect it won't happen.
>> No. 19202
You know what I think is ruining this whole affair? We're actually arguing about "character routes" to an overly-passionate degree. The author is talking about how "character points" are divvied up, details to which we would not normally have access. We're mistaking mechanics for gameplay.
>> No. 19203
>>19202

Tis an overflow of the urge to persaude people to vote a certain way... since looking at it; it's getting rather silly, it's even more peaceful in DoLF R2, where the Kaguya fans and Eirin fans aren't fighting so much.
>> No. 19204
[☲] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.

Seems like a better route to take, in my opinion. Bed option would have been good as well, but we might miss out on something(s) that Yukari wanted to say about us (if anything at all).
>> No. 19205
[X] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.
>> No. 19206
[x] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.

>>19203
It's also the Yukari fans getting antsy because we've hardly seen her and there's been very few chances to vote in her favor. You know how Anon gets once we've spent a significant amount of time with any girl.
>> No. 19208
>>19206

Both fans really since due to how long between updates Patchwork does, things kinda build up. I don't recall HLA R1 being that contentious (sure LunASSa, Lily Black, and Komachi made magificent impressions, but we all knew it was Yuyuko route)

Both fans want their moment in the sun (it doesn't help that some stories seem to promise such a route for one of the two Yakumos, but went else where)

But even when the location was decided, the two fan groups started preparing for war. Had it been Higan, it'd been Komachi fans vs Lily Black fans.

In a quicker updating story, the fan war matter would be more subdued.

But again I wish that both groups not get so vicious.
>> No. 19209
File 125333389343.jpg - (255.29KB, 720x800, 1244938196008.jpg) [iqdb]
19209
>>19208
Yukari-fag here; been intrigued with what a route with her entails ever since: taking care of her sleeping arrangement/carrying her princess style in Higan/learning she (the actual Yukari) would be hesitant around ghost-anon had we tried to jump her when she put the moves on Yuyuko. She is the closest thing to an omnipotent being, but she is still portrayed with her own array of faults, desires, and difficulties. Exploring a relationship with such a person intrigues me to no end. Anyway, the prospect of a Ran route is quite appealing (as an alternative), but the "YUKARI = YUYUKO = BORING SHIT' rhetoric merely galvanizes the mindset that Ran-fags need to be stymied when the opportunity presents itself.

If you want to make your case, some genuine expression(s) of sentiment and/or sympathy for Ran's predicament and situation would go a long way.
>> No. 19211
File 125334665980.jpg - (48.34KB, 248x252, 1250058307272.jpg) [iqdb]
19211
Okay, I'll admit that I was perhaps more aggressive than necessary, outright insulting people for their preference of character. I strongly prefer Ran over Yukari, and seeing the Yukari fans rallying together simply worried me.

In HLA1, I wanted from the beginning to go for Youmu instead of Yuyuko. You can see how well that went, and I'll be honest, I'm still a little butthurt about the way things turned out. In only the first thread, the Yuyuko route was "decided" upon. After that there was very little hope for the massive tide of votes to sway in any other direction. It would be discouraging to essentially "lose" twice in a row. Fucking irritating, even. Comments like 19197's brilliant display of insight don't help much either, nor does Patchwork informing us about how we outright missed out on massive Ran points. Unfortunately it looks like that's the way it's going to be this time as well and there's nothing I can do about it. It's annoying to feel like the underdog again, and it seems like I'm just setting myself up for more disappointment by sticking with this story.

The lack of Ran on this site as a whole is disappointing. She is almost always seen as just an extension of Yukari and nothing more. Yukari on the other hand has had a major role in a good amount of the stories on this site. To be honest, I've just gotten sick of her. This story is possibly the only chance that we will ever have to get on a serious Ran route. Not only that, but Patchwork's characterization of her being the overworked servant that just needs some love is extremely appealing to me.

I'm not going to go insulting other people's opinions in this story anymore, and I urge others to stop as well. Arguing like this solves nothing and even puts a lot of people off. Stop worrying about whose route we're going to end up on. Vote for the options that look like good choices to you, and worry about which character to choose when the option actually comes up. Not everyone that votes for something other than you do is out to get you. I'll assume that the majority of the readers on this site don't have paranoid schizophrenia in real life. Stop pretending that you do here. If you're still so anxious to see where people stand on character preference at this time then make a fucking poll in /words/ or something, just stop shitting up Patchwork's threads.

Also, if I see the word "target" ever again, I may very well spontaneously combust in my chair.
>> No. 19213
I usually detest threadshitting, but in this case... well, to be perfectly honest, it isn't really threadshitting because most of the responsibility for this mess goes right back to Patchwork himself. His comments and treatment of Anonymous make it clear that not only does he not mind these debates, he's actively throwing fuel on the fire - for example, taunting the Ran fans with the "missed points."

All right, that's his deal, fine and good, a little debate livens the boards up even if it's not to everyone's taste. What's less fine and not so good is that this debate is being promoted at the expense of everything else in the story.

Yuyuko? Ancient being with a colorful and somewhat sad past, whimsical on the surface and in her treatment of her servant, but unhappy deep down, incredibly powerful in her spheres of influence, which happen to include almost complete control over the protagonist's fate. His role in her story is to help her confront her tragically deep seated insecurity and thereby win her love.

Yukari? Ancient being with a colorful past and hints that it was somewhat sad, whimsical on the surface and in her treatment of her servant, but shown to be unhappy deep down, incredibly powerful in her spheres of influence, which happen to include almost complete control over the protagonist's fate. His role in her route, should we go in that direction, looks like it will be to help her confront her tragically deep seated insecurity and thereby win her love.

Easy to see how people would want a change, yes? Ran would seem to be a good changeup, she's the most stable and level-headed being in Gensokyo and whatever her route involved, surely it wouldn't be the same "I'm actually sad deep down, please cure me with your carefree attitude and magical ghost penis"... right? I mean, she's not just gonna break down over a drink and get all mopey and present us with the same master-cares-about-her-servant-but-the-servant-doesn't-know-because-master-only-teases-her-to-her-face thing as Youmu and Yuyuko... right?

Dammit, Patch, expand your repertoire.

And while we're at it, fix your choice system. If you want the choices to function as input towards what you wind up writing, just go ahead and do that and tell us what you're doing. It's silly that the audience is seriously considering going off to make their own poll to settle on a character focus, this is something YOU should be providing the audience with if you want us to choose a route.

On the other side, if you want to make the choices into a game where we have to pick the right options to score "points" towards a desired outcome, consider the following two points:

A. The audience has to be able to predict the effects of choices accurately, at least most of the time. If not, there isn't any point in trying to play the game and we may as well be picking options at random. The last two choices (and many more in the past, but let's be charitable here) have been completely opaque. Not a single person in the thread suspected that "Talk to Ran, try to cheer her up" would have the opposite effect. See also >>19067 which even believed in moderation and not pushing too hard, but was still fine with this.

B. Anonymous is legion, not a single mind, and will always have voters competing for different outcomes with varying degrees of success. In other words, even if the choices were predictable, the Ran fans would win some, the Yukari fans would win some, the Lily Black fans would win a couple and you'd wind up with a mess. This is a large part of why the last run only ended up with the "Normal" end, and in fact I think it's not realistically possible to do better than that in the current choice system.

Your writing is technically good and you can make some great scenes and memorable, but please fix your storytelling, planning, character depth/variance and interaction with your audience.
>> No. 19214
>>19209

I must be rarity, since I like his Yukari as well.

I must say the dynamic between Ran and Yukari is different than that of Youmu and Yuyuko. Youmu is serious of her own will, while Ran is forced to do the work lest things fall apart. Ran seems to be the most mature out of her household. I think as we do things we'll gain a better look at how things work.

>>19211

Yeah that was a bit of a low blow what Patchwork did. And I do agree, things have gotten beyond merely trying to persuade neutral bystanders. Same goes for the general opinion of Ran.

>>19213

Amen

>>The last two choices (and many more in the past, but let's be charitable here) have been completely opaque.

Opaque choices are something of a Teruyo trait.

The main reasons why we ended up with a mere normal end is A) we said "I love you" too early and B) we didn't forge a real bond with Youmu. Routes and such are fine, but one must consider forging bonds with the supporting players.

But with the after story, the end was ultimately a moot point.

But to assume Yukari is exactly the same or such might be overdoing it, since one wouldn't suspect Yuyuko to have any sadness before HLA R1. (Yuyuko's best known for being cheerful)

And Yukari doesn't exactly have anywhere as absolute control over us as Yuyuko could. (Yuyuko's main problem was her doubts that Haku sticking around was solely due to her power over the dead)

But his infrequent updates allow the arguments to build up, and I think the points remark does add more fuel to the fire.
>> No. 19215
Good grief. It's as though I can't needle people anymore without producing enormous arguments.

Look, I'd like to ask everyone to just calm down. I feel that some of you may have misinterpreted some of my remarks, or taken them too literally. I apologize if I've provoked anyone.

That said, I'd also like to ask the more vitriolic of the "shippers" to tone it down, for both our sakes. I don't particularly enjoy watching my threads break down into endless arguments and flame slinging over who to pursue, and I doubt any of you want to see this become too divisive, if only because it could easily come back to bite you in the ass later.

I'd also like to thank anyone who has taken the time to give me criticism, regardless of whether or not I disagree with any of it. I appreciate that you've taken the time to criticize me in the first place.

Now, everyone just take a deep breath, and let's get back to the story.
>> No. 19216
File 125339692644.jpg - (263.77KB, 749x800, Yukari invitation.jpg) [iqdb]
19216
[X] Yeah, tag along and listen in. You're not sure you want Suika planning anything else involving you without your input.

***

"Sure, why not? It'll be easier to keep myself out of trouble if I know what kind of trouble you're trying to get me into."

Suika laughs happily, and skips over to give you a pat on the back that makes you stumble; that's an improvement over nearly being floored by her love taps, right? Though it still manages to make you feel a little sick by causing the contents of your stomach to slosh about unpleasantly. That's the last time you'll ever drink that much, even if it doesn't seem to have any effect on you anymore.

"That's good, that's good! Always good to know where you're going in life!" She leans in with a conspiratorial waggle of her eyebrows, and elbows you in the stomach in what you can only assume was meant to be a playful nudge rather than enough to wind you. "Though if you're going to be hanging around here, you might want to feign ignorance. That whole lost and confused thing you got going on is real cute, good for getting the girls. Makes me just want to eat you up, anyway."

One of her arms wraps around your waist, and she grins toothily up at you. There's something about the way she's looking at you, the glint in her eyes, and you're not sure whether it excites you or scares you.

"Honestly, the nerve... Suika, get in here!"

Yukari calls from inside, rousing you from your moment. Venturing a look inside, you see her waiting rather impatiently at the dining room table. The once dim lights have been cranked up to a fuller brightness, which strains your eyes after having only the dim flicker of the stars and the pale glow of the moon to light the dark night.

"Yes ma'am!"

As you adjust to the change, Suika grabs you by the wrist and drags you inside with her, forcing you off your feet in the process. You take a second to collect yourself, floating awkwardly in the air and rubbing at your eyes as Suika and Yukari launch into their conversation. Once your eyes are in working order again and no longer distracting you, the two women are already some ways into the discussion.

"... expecting you to help out with the preparations, Suika."

"Aw, come on, why do I have to--"

"Because thanks to you, Ran is going to have a hangover in the morning, and I'm certainly not going to let her suffer through a day of hard labor on her own under that. Not when it's your fault."

"Fine, fine," Suika concedes with a groan. She looks to you with a hopeful spark in her eyes. "Hey, you wouldn't min--"

"Don't even think about it, Suika Ibuki. You are going to complete every task I assign to you for yourself."

Suika slumps over on the table with another groan. Yukari, on the other hand, looks rather satisfied with herself for that.

"Now then," she says, her stern tone turning more friendly, "aside from your own work, what about tomorrow night did you want to talk about?"

"Ah, it's nothing much," Suika replies boredly. "The usual stuff, you know. Just making sure there's no last minute changes in the orders or anything. Was kind of wondering if I could bring along Yuugi, too; I think she could use it right now with the way things are going."

"I don't see any problem with that, but that does mean we'll have to increase the orders accordingly."

"Alright, that's why I was checking."

The two continue to discuss an assortment of what sounds like business matters, bandying about various numbers and names, and leaving you feeling rather left out since you don't really know what they're talking about. You're fairly certain that a few unrelated matters are thrown into the discussion as well, which only serves to alienate you further. Some time after you decide to finally take a seat instead of float around the table, the discussion finally turns toward something you have some involvement with.

"Oh yeah, Yukari, I was wondering if we should have him join in," Suika says, pointing you out with her thumb, "I don't think he really has anywhere else to go, or anything else to do. Besides, he's a guest here, right?"

Yukari seems to be slightly taken aback, and turns to you with an apologetic smile.

"Oh my, I'm sorry! I'm holding a small gathering with some of my friends here tomorrow, and I haven't even mentioned it to you yet! With eventful things have been, it completely slipped my mind! Would you like to join us? I'll understand if you wish to do something else, given your circumstances."

Oh. Well, that's a bit of a surprise. Nice to be invited to something.

***

[ ] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.

[ ] Could you decide later?

[ ] ... wouldn't you just end up being the third wheel?

In addition:

[ ] Tell me about who's coming!

[ ] Leave that a surprise!
>> No. 19217
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Leave that a surprise!

Need some time to unwind.
>> No. 19218
[X] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[X] Leave that a surprise!

If it's a surprise, Kogasa will show up.
>> No. 19219
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Tell me about who's coming!

Curious to see who's coming; I doubt Yukari'd invite Kogasa.
>> No. 19220
File 125340084382.jpg - (149.23KB, 552x800, 4961424.jpg) [iqdb]
19220
>>19216
[X] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[X] Leave that a surprise!

Just a thought: should we offer to help with party set up with Suika in this vote, or decide on that later? Since it's partly our fault for getting Ran all ill as well, perhaps a little manual labor would be in order?
>> No. 19221
[X] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[X] Leave that a surprise!

>>Just a thought: should we offer to help with party set up with Suika in this vote, or decide on that later? Since it's partly our fault for getting Ran all ill as well, perhaps a little manual labor would be in order?

I'm thinking if there is an opportunity to help with preparations, we won't be helping Suika, regardless. Yukari made it quite clear the jobs for Suika are for her and her alone.
Ran will probably still have to do some work, too, though, so you could always help her if you wanted.
>> No. 19222
[X] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[X] Leave that a surprise!
>> No. 19223
>>19221

Yeah Yukari's punishing Suika, and I think it'd be the just thing to assist the afflicted lady.

And even Yukari fans can't argue with that.

But I know Yuyuko and Co. will be there. Reimu perhaps. Dunno about anyone else Yukari'd consider a friend.

But I think if this goes like the first run... well Meiyou will be getting lucky.
>> No. 19224
[ø] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.

[ø] Leave that a surprise!

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 19226
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Leave that a surprise!
>> No. 19227
[X] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[X] Leave that a surprise!
>> No. 19229
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Leave that a surprise!
>> No. 19232
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Leave that a surprise!
>> No. 19234
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Leave that a surprise!
[x] Anything you could do to help?
>> No. 19235
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Leave that a surprise!
As if there was any other way.
>> No. 19236
[〜] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[ℤ] Leave that a surprise!
[ℯ] Anything you could do to help?
>> No. 19243
File 125354086446.jpg - (55.53KB, 400x400, patchy026.jpg) [iqdb]
19243
Ugh. Writefag is sick, feels like crap.

Please wait warmly until the worst of it passes.
>> No. 19245
[x] ... wouldn't you just end up being the third wheel?

Goddamn you people can't take a hint even when an oni beats you over the head with it.

>Though if you're going to be hanging around here, you might want to feign ignorance. That whole lost and confused thing you got going on is real cute, good for getting the girls.
>> No. 19247
>>19245

Or you could be taking that remark farther than it was intended to go.
>> No. 19252
>>19245

There's a limit to how far that'd take us, and we don't need another Shirou on this site.
>> No. 19258
[x] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[x] Leave that a surprise!
[x] Anything you could do to help?

Get healthy soon Patchwork~!
>> No. 19403
File 12542064072.png - (443.02KB, 394x719, yukari118.png) [iqdb]
19403
Whew. Short update, but the important thing is that I'm back in reasonable working order. Maybe I'm still sick, but it's not bad now.

***

[X] Well, it sounds like a fun thing to do. It would probably take your mind off things, too.
[X] Leave that a surprise!

***

"Well, I... I think I'd like that. It sounds fun."

You offer a smile of your own to match the on Yukari wears.

"It will be."

Some extra warmth creeps into Yukari's smile as she gives her pleased reply. A low chuckle from Suika, however, attracts the attention of you both, and causes Yukari's smile to melt into a mildly annoyed pursing of her lips. Suika just meets Yukari's withering stare with a knowing smile, maintaining a smug silence.

"Is there something you want to say, Suika?"

"Nothing, Yukarin, nothing at all," Suika replies, her smile becoming a full grin. Performing an exaggerated stretch, the horned girl scoots out and stands up. "I was just thinking that I would go ahead and get on off to bed. I'll need a lot of rest if I plan to party and work tomorrow, right?"

Without waiting for a response, she dissolves into a fine mist, which drifts down to the floor and thins away until it vanishes completely. Yukari lets out a huff once the girl disappears, a trace of red tinge to her cheeks.

"Honestly, that girl..."

Yukari falls silent and sips at her tea, and you remain quiet as well. A little time passes, and the faint blush in her cheeks proves to be just as persistent as the silence between you. Should you try to say something?

***

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 19404
[X] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.
>> No. 19405
[x] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[x] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[x] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[x] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.

Small talk.
>> No. 19407
[x] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[x] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[x] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[x] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.
>> No. 19408
File 125423836886.jpg - (208.52KB, 600x525, 1146022.jpg) [iqdb]
19408
>>19403
[X] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[X] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[X] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[X] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.

This is good chit-chat fodder
>> No. 19409
[x] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[x] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[x] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[x] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.
>> No. 19410
[X] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[X] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[x] Ask if Ran's going to end up helping and if so offer to assist her in particular to make up for the incident last night.
[X] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[X] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.

I think a good way of making up for what happened is to try to assist Ran if she has to do anything.
>> No. 19417
[X] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[X] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[X] Ask if Ran's going to end up helping and if so offer to assist her in particular to make up for the incident last night.
[X] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[X] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.
>> No. 19418
[X] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[X] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[X] Ask if Ran's going to end up helping and if so offer to assist her in particular to make up for the incident last night.
[X] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[X] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.
>> No. 19423
[d] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[a] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[~] Ask if Ran's going to end up helping and if so offer to assist her in particular to make up for the incident last night.
[ℤ] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[ℯ] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.
>> No. 19471
bandwagon
[ø] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[ø] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[ø] Ask if Ran's going to end up helping and if so offer to assist her in particular to make up for the incident last night.
[ø] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[ø] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.
>> No. 19475
Alright, alright. Votes called. Sorry for not updating yesterday or today, but now I'm catching up with university work I missed out on last week thanks to my illness.

On the upside, I did manage to finish something I started a while ago, and have been writing on-and-off. Swing by my /at/ topic if you want a look.

Self-sage for lack of update.
>> No. 19622
File 125481385091.jpg - (352.17KB, 1024x768, yukari102.jpg) [iqdb]
19622
[X] Offer your help for the party tomorrow.
[X] Apologize for going along with Suika and getting Ran drunk.
[X] Ask if Ran's going to end up helping and if so offer to assist her in particular to make up for the incident last night.
[X] Is Suika always this... eccentric?
[X] Ask about how Yukari and Suika know each other.

***

"So, Yukari--"

The sound of your voice catches both you and Yukari off-guard after the awkward silence, and causes the two of you to stiffen momentarily. It dawns on you that there probably is no elegant way to start a conversation in this atmosphere... and yet despite that realization, or maybe because of it, speaking comes easy. You start again.

"Yukari, I was wondering about that party. I wanted to know if maybe there was something I could do to help."

Yukari's faint blush subsides at that, replaced by a look of mild surprise.

"Oh? That's very nice of you; it's not often that anyone offers to assist in anything I plan! Still, I hope you don't feel as though you're obligated to help simply because you were invited..."

"No, no," you're quick to correct her, "it's not that, it's just that I... well, I suppose I feel a little responsible for allowing Suika to drag Ran and I out to get drunk, and this is just my way of saying sorry. I can't imagine that Ran will be feeling particularly good in the morning, so I wanted to make it easier on her."

Yukari seems to approve of your words, giving you a broad smile briefly before she produces a folding fan from seemingly nowhere, and uses the implement to hide her expression. Despite her efforts, her golden eyes have a twinkle to them that betrays her mirth.

"How responsible of you! I'm afraid you'll have to ask Ran yourself if you want to help her, however; she loves her work, you know, and she may not want to share it," Yukari says, lowering the fan to reveal an amused smirk. "Really though, you shouldn't feel as though tonight was your fault. Even I have trouble reigning in Suika; if she wanted you to go out, you were going to go out, one way or the other."

"I can see how that might be the case," you admit, Suika throwing you like a rag doll still fresh in your memory, "but I'd like to help out all the same. Ran seemed to have it pretty rough tonight; I don't know what Suika was thinking, dragging us out. Is she always this..."

You trail off, searching for the right word.

"Eccentric?"

Yukari fills in the word for you, and you nod sheepishly, causing the woman to giggle melodiously. Leaning forward, elbows on the table, she stares into her cup of tea with distant eyes a soft smile.

"If you stay here long enough, you'll find that she never stops being a handful. You need to understand that she always means well by it, though; she just wants everyone to have fun, and sometimes she gets carried away. She's a good girl, sharp, mostly honest, and more mature than she looks. I don't know what kind of impression she's made on you, but she's a sweet girl, and if you give her chance then you'll have fun with her."

"... good friend?" You ask softly.

"Great friend."

A comfortable pause.

"How did you meet her?"

Yukari stifles a laugh at the question, and turns her head to look out at the moon in the sky with a grin.

"I was young and wild once; I used to do all sorts of silly things. I might even have tried to compete with the ever so famous Four Devas once, Suika among them. Regardless, I'm sure that such a story would be long and embarrassing, and completely unfair to tell a responsible young man without Suika here to keep the score straight."

Yukari falls quiet, her smile as wide as ever, and another long silence settles in, this one much more comfortable than the last. Feeling relaxed, you settle in and join Yukari in her moongazing, watching the gibbous orb as it shines against the black sheet of the night; maybe it's just the pleasant feel of the room, but right now the moon and stars look brighter and more clear than you can ever remember seeing them. You hadn't noticed until now, but it really is a nice night.

***

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 19623
Sorry for the wait, folks, but I'm finally caught up on my work. It's a little late tonight, but I'll be trying to pick up the pace to make up for lost time tomorrow.
>> No. 19625
[x] Just watch the moon with Yukari. If something natural comes to mind, speak, but otherwise keep silent and enjoy the mood.
>> No. 19626
[X] Just watch the moon with Yukari. If something natural comes to mind, speak, but otherwise keep silent and enjoy the mood.

This reminds me of stargazing with Yuyuko, not that it is a bad thing.
Feels good man.
>> No. 19628
[x] Just watch the moon with Yukari. If something natural comes to mind, speak, but otherwise keep silent and enjoy the mood
[x] But thank her again for letting you stay.
>> No. 19629
[x] Just watch the moon with Yukari. If something natural comes to mind, speak, but otherwise keep silent and enjoy the mood.
>> No. 19632
[x] Just watch the moon with Yukari. If something natural comes to mind, speak, but otherwise keep silent and enjoy the mood.

Yeah, this sounds great, though Yukari might have a few remarks perhaps.

I think in the future we should double check, since Ran usually doesn't strike me as a Sakuya grade workaholic. (Sure she does her tasks dutifully, but I can imagine she might get tired time to time, since it's alot of hard work, especially if Yukari's as lazy as she's known to be.)

And a question: would the notion of a Yukari/Ran route be that terrible to you folks? As far as which one would be the main girl, that'd be a matter of how things play out (chances are in such a thing it'd be Yukari)

Just a suggestion to perhaps reach a peacefulness.
>> No. 19636
File 125484897435.jpg - (293.13KB, 2150x1709, 3085158.jpg) [iqdb]
19636
>>19622
[X] Watch the moon with Yukari.
[X] Thank her again for letting you stay.
[X] "This place is pretty incredible, isn't it?"

Leaving "this place" purposely vague to see if Yukari addresses Mayohiga, Gensokyo, or something else. We did vote to ask a little bit more about Gensokyo a little while ago, and Yukari seems to enjoy our small talk. It'd probably be nice to get her opinion of everything, considering who she is and all, and we probably won't get to any of the really interesting stories until we get to know her (and everyone else here) a little better. As an aside, while Yukarin seems to be a bit more inclined to conversations so far, Ran seems to be more of a quiet, empathic, and 'actions speak louder than words' type. I'm recalling the party from the first run; helping set up, giving her water, putting her hat back on. Just putting that out there.
>> No. 19637
[X] Watch the moon with Yukari.
[X] Thank her again for letting you stay.
[X] "This place is pretty incredible, isn't it?"
>> No. 19640
[x] Just watch the moon with Yukari. If something natural comes to mind, speak, but otherwise keep silent and enjoy the mood.

>As an aside, while Yukarin seems to be a bit more inclined to conversations so far, Ran seems to be more of a quiet, empathic, and 'actions speak louder than words' type. I'm recalling the party from the first run; helping set up, giving her water, putting her hat back on. Just putting that out there.
Could be a fluke, but duly noted nevertheless. And besides, it seems to sort of fit Ran, so it could be a very good thing you've noticed.
>> No. 19642
>>19636

The other write in has us just enjoying the mood and perhaps interacting if Yukari feels like or if something comes to mind. I think it would be better just to enjoy the mood.

I hope we can make up for lost progress with Ran.
>> No. 19643
>>19640

more actions than words, huh? well if Ran's still the same perhaps this is the way we should go for the most part. (Perhaps if we remembered this we could have done better during that night)
>> No. 19675
File 12548970008.jpg - (1.78MB, 1793x1793, yukari117.jpg) [iqdb]
19675
[X] Just watch the moon with Yukari. If something natural comes to mind, speak, but otherwise keep silent and enjoy the mood.

***

Pleasant as it is, in fact, you find yourself content just to sit and enjoy it in peace. Closing your eyes, you let the quiet clicks of some sparse insects sing softly to you, and savor the crisp night air as it washes over you, carried on a cool, fresh breeze. At length, you feel a soft hand on your shoulder, and you open your eyes to see Yukari leaning across the table toward you.

"I'm going to make tea; would you care for some?"

"I'd love that, thank you."

Yukari nods, and stands up from the table, heading off to the kitchen while she hums a gentle tune. As she vanishes into the the other room, you get to your feet yourself, and walk out onto the verandah. Resting against the railing, you take in the sights, and enjoy the dulcet tones of Yukari's song as they whisper faintly in your ears.

Looking out over Mayohiga, you find a certain beauty in its desolation that you've never noticed before. Dyed blue and shining under the pale light of the moon, the abandoned town has a strange, ethereal quality to it that brings out the magic in the air.

Eventually a pleasing aroma, exotic and full, drifts by from inside; you inhale deeply, and an exhilarating warmth rushes through you. Yukari approaches you soon after bearing a small tray with two cups of hot tea, wisps of steam rising from them and trailing in the wind. As you take your cup from her, you find yourself wondering for a moment what she might look like if the light from the house were to go out, leaving only the moonlight to trace her body against the dark background of the building...

"I think I'll be going back to my room; I have a book to read." Yukari's quiet words break you from your reverie, and you feel your cheeks warm just a bit as you realize what you were thinking.

"That sounds nice. Have a good night, Yukari."

"I already have," Yukari whispers with a smile, turning and heading back inside. You watch as she leaves, her hips swaying slightly with each step as she crosses the dining room. As she reaches the door to the hall, she pauses, and looks back over her shoulder at you. "It was nice. Talking with you, that is. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to have a talk with you again some time."

"I'd like that too," you whisper back. Yukari gives you a pleased, warm smile before she finally makes her exit, leaving you alone.

***

[ ] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.

[ ] You'd like to spend some more time with someone before heading to bed; maybe you could find Chen?

[ ] Write-in

***

I feel like my updates are too short recently, but maybe it's just me. Still, nice to see some discussion. Let's slowly get back up to speed.
>> No. 19678
[x] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[x] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.
>> No. 19681
[x] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[x] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.

I think we'll have time to chat with Chen a bit after we try to help Ran (which would most likely result in a point boost for Chen if we do it right)

But since tomorrow's a party in HLA, I think we'll need all the energy we can get.
>> No. 19683
[x] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[x] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.
>> No. 19689
File 125492454448.jpg - (246.05KB, 365x523, 1447559.jpg) [iqdb]
19689
>>19675
[X] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[X] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.

While this vote isn't as exciting as it could be, I'd like to see if we still get our nightly dream vote. That said, I'm bracing for a shit storm hoping people will conduct themselves in a respectful fashion.

Also, I think she caught us checking her out. Not that I mind, of course. The question I have in my mind now is whether Yukari enjoys being respected as the nigh-omnipotent demon of gaps, or if she appreciates more 'normal' interactions. Could be somewhere in between, but I'm inclined to favor the latter at this point.
>> No. 19690
>>19689

What I remembered of her in HLA R1, was that she can easily act girlish at times, though we didn't get a chance to see more than that.

But I doubt she'd really object if we took a glance at her, might even think of it cute.

And tomorrow in the story will be exciting enough, remember what happened at the party in HLA R1?
>> No. 19698
[z] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[z] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.
>> No. 19716
[ ] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.
>> No. 19717
File 125497338030.jpg - (236.15KB, 1200x958, Yuyuko Yukari 001.jpg) [iqdb]
19717
Remember in R1 how Hakunon made taking a bath a near nightly ritual?
Personally, I greatly enjoyed our interaction with Yuyuko and Youmu in the hot srping bath.
Perhaps, we could make moon watching a nightly event as well.

[ø] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[ø] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.

Also, hoping for a mind-boggling dream sequence. (if we do get a chance to vote)(pic related, perhaps?)
>> No. 19720
>>19717

Yeah, but which place is Yukari's?
>> No. 19722
[x] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[x] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.
>> No. 19726
File 125503953833.jpg - (137.40KB, 537x547, Field.jpg) [iqdb]
19726
[X] Watch the moon for a little while longer. Finish your tea and clean the cup.
[X] You've had your good night too. You should turn in and get rested for tomorrow.

***

You linger by yourself a little while longer, and take one last long look out at the bright moon. For just a moment you think you see a silhouette up there, a tiny fluttering shadow moving along the pale lunar backdrop; you wonder idly if someone might be up there right now, enjoying the moon from up close. Briefly you toy with the idea of putting your newfound abilities to use and taking a night flight yourself some time, maybe when the moon is nice and full.

Putting that aside, it doesn't take too long for you to finish your tea, and you take that as a bookend for the night. Retreating into the house and then into the kitchen, you set about the quiet task of washing out your cup; as you scrub gently at the cup, the water rushing over your hands making a hushed burble, a yawn escapes you. Something about the simplicity of cleaning a cup makes you realize how tired you are; not in any physical sense, just mentally.

Once your task is complete you find yourself floating through the halls and back to your room, too tired to coordinate some sloppy walking. Once you've safely shut your door behind you, you drift over to the futon, still ready for you, and flop down on it. Gathering up the sheets snugly around yourself, you close your eyes...

---

A field of vivid green grass spreads out all around you, and the fresh, earthy scent of the meadow washes over you. Hovering in the embrace of the grassy field you feel at peace, and yet in every direction lies a new possibility.

From somewhere far above in the cloudless black sky, small, dark cherry petals drift slowly down, each fading shortly after they land.

To the east is a vast stretch of cherry trees, wet and dim under a dark rain.

To the southeast, a decaying mansion, its wooden walls peppered with tattered holes that let the crying wind blow through.

In the south lies an old town, walked by silent shadows.

In the southwest can be seen a spread of old, crumbling buildings, half taken by nature.

Westward sees a deep, dark forest, expansive yet oddly quiet.

To the northwest a river, lined on either side by a vast expanse of spider lilies.

To the north the spider lilies continue, surrounding an impressive and imposing courthouse.

Lastly, you spy in the northeast an enormous, towering cherry tree, devoid of any blossoms yet surrounded by smaller counterparts in full, radiant bloom. Cherry petals whip about against a small, localized patch of bright blue sky, the picture of a perfect spring day. Most strikingly, perched atop one titanic branch is the faint, far-off figure of a woman robed in blue, her long pink hair fluttering in the wind as she stares out toward you.

Yes, the northeast has a sense of peace that you don't think you'll be intruding on any time soon.

[ ] Cherry Tree Forest

[ ] Ruined Mansion

[ ] Shadowed Town

[ ] Decaying Town

[ ] Deep Forest

[ ] Spider Lily River

[ ] Spider Lily Court

[ ] Black Sky
>> No. 19727
[X] Cherry Tree Forest

Though I'd usually vote for Komachi or something, I really want to see what it will be like to see Yuyuko again.
>> No. 19730
>>19727

That's not really a Yuyuko option; since it's technically closed off since we did all the events in the first run.

But no real idea who that correlates to, I think the Spider Lily River and Court correlate to Komachi and Siki.

[x] Decaying Town

Chances are this would relate to Yukari or Ran.

As for the others

The Mansion- Prismrivers
Black Sky- Lily Black?!

That's all I have at the moment.
>> No. 19731
[X] Decaying Town
>> No. 19732
[x] Decaying Town
>> No. 19733
>Yes, the northeast has a sense of peace that you don't think you'll be intruding on any time soon.

Goodbye Yuyuko.

[x] Decaying Town

>>19730
I'm pretty sure the Cherry Tree Forest is for Youmu.
>> No. 19734
[x] Decaying Town
>> No. 19736
>>19733
Yep.

[x] Decaying Town

And this is Ran~
>> No. 19738
Decaying Town is Ran, remember: >>5836

Yukari is probably:
[x] Shadowed Town

Although I'm still not sure what Deep Forest is?
>> No. 19739
>>19726
[X] Shadowed Town

I have a hunch that deep forest might actually be Chen.
>> No. 19740
>>19733

But we have fond memories, Haku eventfully found his happy ending

But it's time for Meiyou to find his (that is this anon's name right?)

But thanks folks for figuring out the various dream routes.
>> No. 19745
>>19740
I may be the only one who found it touching, but I liked the part in one of the later runs of TS where the protagonist and Reimu temporarily get back their memories from the first run.

I'm sure Patchwork could do an even better job of the same scene with Haku and Yuyuko. I'm actually hoping he might do it as a side story sometime.
>> No. 19746
>>19743

Ah interesting feature HE did. I only looked through parts and such.

You mean Meiyou and Yuyuko? (Since we're not sure if they're the exact same Anon)
>> No. 19747
>>19746
Meiyou. Haku. Ghost anon that got fucked up by a truck.

Tomayto, tomahto.
>> No. 19752
[X] Decaying Town
>> No. 19757
[ℤℯ] Decaying Town

>>19738
That's the idea.
>> No. 19762
[x] Decaying Town
>> No. 19764
[x] Deep Forest
>> No. 19770
[x] Decaying Town
>> No. 19773
File 125507782940.jpg - (155.40KB, 1200x958, 2b0445d94b982e036b7b07efc35f4818.jpg) [iqdb]
19773
[ø] Shadowed Town
Uh, yeah, pissing against the tide.
>> No. 19774
[X] Black Sky

I don't remember, did this option ever win?
>> No. 19775
[X] Shadowed Town

Not really sure which town is which, but aiming for Yukari here.
>> No. 19777
>>19774
No. In fact it was:

Decaying town - One win.
Cherry Tree Forest - One win.
Colossal Cherry Tree - Finished.
The rest of the options - Straight zeros.

I don't think Lily Black stands a chance against Ran or Yukari this playthrough.
>> No. 19778
>>19777
I don't think it's a matter of "standing a chance" against anyone. I'm just curious to see what the other ones are like.

Ran didn't exactly stand a chance last time, yet seeing one dream about her didn't prevent us from seeing all we could of Yuyuko's sequences, at least.

I figure if it goes the same way this time, we can afford at least one, maybe two, dream sequences that don't involve anyone we're actually targeting this time. Besides, it could provide at least a little preview of what a potential third run could entail.

Assuming we get that far, of course.
>> No. 19779
[X] Decaying Town
>> No. 19781
[X] Shadowed Town
>> No. 19784
Actually, didn't we miss the best end in the last run because we gunned so hard for Yuyuko and ignored Youmu almost completely? I don't think it's even that critical that all, or even majority of the dream sequences have to go to Yukari to end up on her route, we can have a bunch of Ran mixed there as well and actually come off better than we would have otherwise.
>> No. 19785
[X] Shadowed Town
>> No. 19792
>>19784

That's mainly in the story, not the dreams that anon gunned too hard for Yuyuko, that and they said "I love you" To her too soon.

Dream wise is to give us extra insights on the girls. What we've seen of Ran's suggest an old love.

We should consider all three of the girls here in any case to get the best ending to whatever route (even a Yukari/Ran/Chen one regardless of which one is the main girl)
>> No. 19796
[x] Shadowed Town
>> No. 19797
[x] Shadowed Town
>> No. 19800
[X] Decaying Town
>> No. 19801
[x] Shadowed Town

The dice have been rolled.
>> No. 19803
Suddenly I have the greatest desire for an Eiki route next time. Komachi's nice, but the Yama is yummier.
>> No. 19804
>>19803

Says you; at least I want to see Patchwork make a Komachi H-sidestory. Eiki actually got one unlike Machi-nee (like Tama-nee but cuter, taller, and bustier)
>> No. 19824
[B] Decaying Town
>> No. 19847
[x] Decaying Town
>> No. 19862
Weekend is over, calling votes is now, writing is soon. Decaying town is winner.
>> No. 19874
>>19862
Hooray!
>> No. 19875
>>19862
>Weekend is over, calling votes is now, writing is soon.
hooray.jpg
>Decaying town is winner.
Ow well, Ran option is almost as good.
>> No. 19877
Writing has happened, but I'm not quite finished, and it's quite late. I'll be posting an update tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay.
>> No. 19894
File 125549086128.png - (421.87KB, 1000x1000, tei057.png) [iqdb]
19894
Update is now.

***

[X] Decaying Town

***

Waves of neat, fresh grass splinter into dark, ragged weeds and taller grasses. Buildings spin close, rotted and broken, creaking under the strain of numerous vines and ragged plants growing around supports and through gaps. Spots of cracked, dry ground break up the vegetation.

"Hurry up, girls. I want to get home soon."

A rabbit girl, small and nimble, sits naked on a fallen wall. Nervous. Floppy white ears twitching, red eyes darting, cotton tail quivering; ready to move at a moment's notice. A cluster of large, animal rabbits mills about in the foliage in front of her, nibbling on grass and the odd vine. Fat, old rabbits, almost youkai, but not yet. Vulnerable.

"I don't like this place. Feels wrong. Come on, come on..."

Rabbit girl looks all around, twists her body, turns just so far away...

From a dilapidated house a golden blur springs loose, crashes down amidst the pack, and already two rabbits are slain, heads smashed open like ripe fruits. Rabbit girl whips around with a scream, rabbits panic and are sent scattering.

"Girls! Girls, run away!"

Golden blur lashes out and strikes another rabbit dead, and bolts after the other escaping prey. Rabbit girl leaps, tackles golden blur out of the air, to the ground.

"Get away! Leave my girls alone!"

Growl. Beneath rabbit girl is a fox girl, sharp teeth bared, pointed golden ears flattened threateningly against long, ratty golden hair, golden tail whipping violently about. Rabbit girl's eyes go wide with fear, she leaps back as fox girl's clawed hand swipes. Claws catch, rip loose a thick bunch of ebony hair; rabbit girl screams with pain, hops away.

Fox girl is already baring down on her. Two animals grapple with eachother, wrestle desperately, fox draws blood with vicious punches, rabbit girl cries in fright. A strong kick sends fox reeling back, second kick hits her face, knocks her away as rabbit jumps away, runs off, disappears into the forest streaking tears and blood behind her.

Fox sits stunned, clutching at bruised stomach, eye darkened. She was too weak, too weak to stop a rabbit; rabbit got away, with most of her family. Coughing, fox girl slinks away from the village border, stoops to pick up the three slaughtered rabbits, drags them back to an empty home in a broken house. There are three rabbits, twice as big as normal, enough for two small meals... one meal, if she had someone with whom to share.

The little fox, weak and alone, begins to cry.

---

The sunlight shines in, scorching your eyes. Instinctively you curl up and turn away from the light, but a strong odor and a faint copper taste in the back of your mouth rouse you to wakefulness immediately. You shoot up out of bed, but by the time you've risen the unmistakable scent of blood has disappeared, and the taste has vanished.

It takes a moment for your heart, or the ghostly equivalent thereof, to stop racing. Once you've calmed down, you take an uneasy look around, but... this is just your room in Mayohiga, with no blood in sight. The smell was so vivid, though...

Urgh. You massage your temples, staving off the faint beginnings of a dull ache. If you dwell too long on this, it's just going to hurt your head.

Floating out of your room, you find the halls surprisingly quiet. A quick glide around the house reveals the no one is up, in fact, at least as far as you can tell. Small wonder, really; poking your head through a wall reveals that it's remarkably early, the sun having just risen, shining pale through soft gray clouds.

Passing through the wall, you float out onto the front porch, and take a seat. A deep, refreshing breath of the early-morning air gives you just what you need to really wake up, filling you with energy. You may be the only one awake, but you ponder whether you shouldn't find something to do with all this energy anyway.

***

[ ] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

[ ] Oh, hey, you know where the bath is now, so... bathe.

[ ] Wake someone up early. You jerk.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 19896
[x] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?
>> No. 19897
[ ] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?
>> No. 19898
Update leaves me intrigued.

[X] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?
>> No. 19899
[x] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

It's morning. Why aren't we making waffles?
>> No. 19901
[x] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?
>> No. 19902
[x] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

I suppose rabbit stew would work, right?
>> No. 19903
[x] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

Can Anon materialize a matching apron for the occasion?
>> No. 19904
[X] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?
>> No. 19906
File 125551958679.jpg - (17.03KB, 300x300, sd1b03_belgian_waffles_e.jpg) [iqdb]
19906
[X] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

Can't go wrong, simple to make. If not eh the basic sausage/eggs/steak/biscuits should do just fine.

I actually can't stand the premade stuff only because they taste watering even after being put into the toaster. No where near as good as made from scratch stuff imo.
>> No. 19908
File 125552754566.jpg - (39.79KB, 600x450, 2008538-Rabbit-steak-with-potatoes-0.jpg) [iqdb]
19908
Rabbit steak and potatoes any one? Hash Browns are always good.
>> No. 19909
[x] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

I'd say take a bath, but we're a ghost, thus it can wait some. That and chances are when we do, we'd have some kind of misadventure in itself. (I believe in R1 when we tried to go through walls, we went through it to catch someone taking a bath)
>> No. 19913
[X] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

>>Can't go wrong, simple to make. If not eh the basic awesome sausage/eggs/steak/biscuits should do just fine.
>> No. 19914
>>19913
Unlimited Eggworks? or you just an egg fiend? Nothing wrong with it just curious.
>> No. 19915
>>19914

WUiG reference, the anon in that loved cooking eggs.
>> No. 19918
[ℤℯ] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

Oh god Ran. ;_;

Also, in before this backfires terribly because we piss off Ran somehow. Come on, Patchwork. Let's not have a Sakuya redux, please?
>> No. 19920
>>19915

Indeed. And it saddens me that so few realize it nowadays.
>> No. 19921
>>19918

Sakuya redux?

And I doubt Patchwork would pull such a stunt, and if I remember right, actions do count more than words for Ran, so this might actually help. (And at least it'd impress Yukari)
>> No. 19922
>>19894
>The little fox, weak and alone, begins to cry.

;_; Sounds very poetic.

[ø] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?
>> No. 19928
File 125558203472.jpg - (31.63KB, 486x593, ebenedict.jpg) [iqdb]
19928
[X] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?
>> No. 19943
>>19921

I think he means something along the lines of us trying to steal Ran's place because we make breakfast. I can vaguely remember Sakuya being upset about a similar thing in one of the stories, forgot in which though.
>> No. 19948
>>19943

I wouldn't be worried, since Ran's more mature than Sakuya in general. And chances are she'll be feeling like crap this morning, so she'd take it as a nice act.
>> No. 19989
File 125582017626.jpg - (80.26KB, 628x492, Curious.jpg) [iqdb]
19989
[X] You're no culinary genius, but you can at least work a modern kitchen like the one in the Yakumo house... right?

***

The first idea that comes to you is perhaps a little silly, but you can't help grinning all the same at the thought of it. You may never have been a particularly brilliant chef, but you can work a kitchen with what you would like to think is a decent modicum of skill, especially a modern kitchen like the one in this house. It probably won't be the greatest meal ever to grace the Yakumo family dining room, but everybody likes waking up to a nice breakfast, right? Pleased with that idea, you stretch out briefly and head back into the house, drifting through the dining room and into the kitchen.

The first thing you notice about the well-kept little room is that it's even more modern than you had given it credit for. In addition to the fridge and dishwasher - the latter of which, you are embarrassed to admit, you had forgotten about last night when washing your cup out - there are several other conveniences that look as though they were lifted straight from a kitchen back home; a toaster, a microwave, an electric stove, and even what looks to be a waffle iron! It all looks like very nice equipment too, nothing outrageously expensive, but nothing cheap either.

Reasoning the this is going to be your working space for the morning, you take a moment to fiddle around with some of the equipment, just to see how it all works, and figure out where all the buttons are; it's nothing too complicated. You also check most of the drawers along the kitchen counter, finding a wide variety of cutlery and cooking utensils, all neatly arranged, their resting places labeled clearly. The sheer completeness in the array of tools is impressive, even including some specialized, exotic looking items, the purposes of which you can only begin to discern.

A quick peek into the pantry reveals just as remarkable a stock of spices, breads, flours, everything you could want or need; likewise the fridge, which is packed to the limit with more vegetables, fruits, and meats than you could ever have imagined. The sheer amount of options available to you is daunting given your, at best, above average kitchen skills; to have a kitchen this well-provisioned, the women here must have talents that far exceed your own. It makes you feel a little self-conscious about preparing anything.

Nevertheless, you swallow your fears, and gingerly set about picking out some ingredients. It may not turn out to be super-impressive or anything, but a nice gesture is a nice gesture all the same.

---

Slightly overwhelmed by the number of possibilities offered by the kitchen, you eventually opted to prepare something with which you have a decent degree of experience. The sizzle of pancakes and scrambled eggs, and the smell of bacon are a testament to this. Still keeping an eye on the various pans you have set out on the stove, you take a moment to retrieve a few plates for the finished product, and for the toast you intend to get started on. Nothing fancy, but a good, solid breakfast.

As you set the last of the plates down on the counter, however, a sudden strong grip on the back of your jacket yanks you back slightly, and you nearly jump out of your skin. Tamping down an embarrassing squeal, you glance down to see Chen leaning around your side, her head tucked under one of your arms as she sniffs the air and inspects the pans you have on the stove.

"You're making food?" The cat-girl frowns suspiciously at you. "Did you ask if you could use the kitchen?"

"Well, no," you admit distractedly, turning your attention back to the pancakes in time to flip them over.

"Should have asked." She says disapprovingly.

"Sorry, I just had the idea of making breakfast for everyone, and decided to run with it. I was just trying to be nice."

The only response from Chen is a noncommittal hum. Her frown disappears, however, so you figure you must have said something right. A few silent moments go by with the girl still spectating, until without warning she presses you with a demand.

"Hey. Let me help."

***

[ ] Sure, why not?

[ ] ... can she really handle this sort of thing?

***

Sorry for all the delays, folks. I've got a four day weekend starting today though, so updates should come more quickly again.
>> No. 19990
[x] Sure, why not?
[x]She can take the food to Ran & Yukari, everyone loves breakfast in bed and you can't quite charge into their bedrooms yourself.
>> No. 19991
[x] Sure, why not?
>> No. 19992
[ø] Sure, why not?
>> No. 19993
[x] Sure, why not?
>> No. 19994
[X] Sure, why not?

>>19990
I'm sure she'll want to do more then that; not to mention she must have had some experience in doing some cooking in the kitchen.
>> No. 19996
[x] Sure, why not?

A little help can never go wrong.
>> No. 19997
[ℤℯ] Sure, why not?

And Ran might be less unhappy if Chen is with us.

I hope.
>> No. 19998
[x] Sure, why not?
[x] "You have something in mind?"
>> No. 19999
>>19996
>A little help can never go wrong.
Watch as the pancakes meet the floor, and the bacon meets the ceiling.
>> No. 20000
[X] Sure, why not?
>> No. 20001
[x] Sure, why not?
>> No. 20030
Oh gods, this update is fighting me every step of the way. Leave it to the long weekend for this stuff to hit. It might be a while, but I'll try to have something for tomorrow.

Sage for self-pity.
>> No. 20031
☞ Sure, why not?
>> No. 20076
File 125628522870.jpg - (429.42KB, 2048x2800, chen047.jpg) [iqdb]
20076
Urgh. This took forever, and I feel like it's a low-quality update, but I've spent days working past this, and I just want to move on. Writer's block sucks.

***

[X] Sure, why not?

***

You give the suggestion some thought, but there really isn't any reason to turn her down. Not as far as you can tell, anyway.

"Sure. Couldn't hurt."

Chen seems satisfied with your acquiescence, and bounds off to retrieve an apron from the pantry. It doesn't take long for her to find what she's looking for, and she's quick to don the garment, expertly tying the cords with what appears to be a trained hand. Apparently deeming herself prepared, she turns to you and nods, folding her arms and tapping her foot impatiently. She actually looks pretty cute like that.

"So what do I do first?"

---

"I'd say we did a pretty good job, wouldn't you?"

Taking one last look at the fruits of your labor, you stand back and grin. From the piles of pancakes, to the bunches of bacon, to the towers of toast, the breakfast spread you've prepared turned out even better than you had hoped; it feels good to know that you're not as out of practice as you might have thought. You can't help but feel pretty good about how much of a help Chen turned out to be too, and absentmindedly reach over to give her a scratch behind the ear; she was remarkably well behaved as an assistant, despite the occasional complaint or confusion.

"You did a good job, Chen. Thanks for the help."

"Of course I did a good job," she replies, tipping her head slightly in what seems to be a half-hearted attempt to get away from your hand; she only succeeds at making you scratch a little lower. "I've been practicing in the kitchen a lot for Miss Ran."

"I'm sure she's proud of you," you say with a laugh, scratching her a little harder.

"Really?"

"Yeah, really."

Chen turns to you with a simple, genuinely happy smile, maybe the first she's ever shown you. It strikes you suddenly that she can be very pretty in the right light. The right light being when she's not baring down on you like a predator, or showing off those razor sharp teeth. If you could get her to smile like this more often...

"Aww! You two are so cute!" You nearly leap out of your skin at the sound of Suika's voice, and whip your head around to catch sight of her floating in the air behind you, her body dissolving into a thin, pale colored mist below the waist. She wraps her arms around herself and squirms, as if trying to hug herself. "Aren't they just adorable, Yukarin?"

"That's right, Suika! So adorable!" Yukari pops in next, appearing from nowhere and seizing Chen in a strong hug. The cat girl squirms a little, but seems to be happy to return the hug, even though you would think she'd have trouble breathing with her face buried in Yukari's rather impressive bust. Though, you can't say you'd find it unpleasant to be in Chen's situation yourself...

A low chuckle comes from behind you.

You glance back to see Suika wearing a mischievous grin, and staring at you as though she knew exactly what you were just thinking. Your suspicions are confirmed when she waggles her eyebrows suggestively a few seconds later. A mischievous glint shines in her eyes, and you open your mouth to protest, but too late. She yanks you into an embrace with startling force, landing your head directly against her much more modest chest; you can't help but notice that despite how flat she is, there's a certain softness to her body... she's kind of warm, too...

"You're blushing," she whispers in a sing-song voice, "so cute!"

Trying to fight off the heat rising in your cheeks, you simply sigh and let Suika do what she will. You have to admit that it isn't all that bad. At all.

"How long have you two been watching us?"

"We got here about when Chen started cooking with you," Suika replies jovially, and exactly as you'd expected.

"We didn't want to interrupt you two," Yukari coos, "you looked so responsible!"

As Yukari reaches out and draws you and Suika into her embrace with Chen, you start to wonder whether you'll ever get around to actually eating the breakfast you spent so much effort on preparing...

Fortunately your worries are baseless. Once Suika and Yukari have their fill of teasing you and Chen, the four of you settle down for breakfast, each at a different side of the table; though, while each of you has a side to yourself, Chen has set an extra place beside hers at the table, presumably for Ran. The meal passes mostly in silence, Chen remaining rather quiet and glancing anxiously from time to time at the empty space beside her, and Yukari growing noticeably sleepier with each bite; the only person at the table who makes much noise is Suika, who seems just as boisterous as ever.

It doesn't take terribly long for the four of you to finish up. Chen just doesn't seem too hungry, and Yukari, despite eating a sizable amount, takes enormous bites; once again, only you and Suika move at a normal pace. Yukari stretches with surprising grace for someone so sleepy, and despite her bleary eyes, she manages to smile at you and Chen.

"That was good, even if it wasn't quite on Ran's level," she says happily, disappearing from her position at the table, and reappearing between you and Chen. She once again pulls Chen into a hug, a considerably less intense one, and gives the cat girl a peck on the cheek. "My little Chen is growing up!"

Chen looks really happy about the praise, and giggles to herself as Yukari disengages from her and ruffles her hair affectionately. Yukari then turns to you, still wearing a sleepy smile, and does the same for you that she did for Chen, throwing her arms around your neck and kissing your cheek affectionately.

"You too! What a nice guest!"

You feel your cheeks flush, and you sputter as you try to find the words to reply to her. Yukari giggles at you, but after a few seconds her eyes suddenly flutter open briefly, a look of realization spreading across her face. For a few moments she almost appears to be as embarrassed as you are, but then it fades as she suddenly laughs to herself again. She snuggles up to you one last time before disentangling from you and vanishing into what looks like a strange little split in space, tied with ribbons; you don't get a good luck before the crack seals itself up, leaving no trace that Yukari was ever there.

You spend a few seconds trying to recover, a task made more difficult by the way Chen insists on snickering at you, and the unabashed laughter of Suika. Once you've cast them as withering a glare as you can with your cheeks dyed red, and the two of them have managed to subdue their mirth, Suika speaks up.

"Ah, nothin' like a good breakfast and good entertainment!" She takes a swig from her gourd, and wipes her lips in that exaggerated fashion. "Makes you feel like having a good morning nap!"

"Don't you have a lot of work to do, Suika?" You ask, eying her skeptically.

"Don't worry about it," she says dismissively, "I'm already on that! All of it! A girl like me can multitask, you know. When it comes to me, napping just makes the work pass faster! Of course," she leans over the table, and flutters her eyelashes at you, "if you want to come along and keep an eye on me for Yukari, maybe I'll work a little harder, just so I have something to show you..."

"I'm sure," you reply dryly, turning your attention back to Chen. "How about you, Chen? What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to wait for Miss Ran to wake up and have breakfast. I have to be responsible and make sure she eats! Then I'll help her with her work!"

You chuckle. Sounds about right. So, Chen is going to wait for Ran and help her out, and Suika is ostensibly going to get to work... or is already at work, rather.

***

[ ] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.

[ ] Be proactive! Go wake up Ran yourself.

[ ] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 20077
[X] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?

You know she wants to be able to show off.
>> No. 20079
[ ] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20081
[ ] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20082
[x] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20083
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20084
[x] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20085
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20087
[x] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?

Chen would probably enjoy this particular breakfast alone with Ran.
>> No. 20088
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20089
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20091
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20092
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
>> No. 20095
The elusive Chen-fans appeared?!
>> No. 20097
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.

The time has come.
>> No. 20098
[x] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20099
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20100
[X] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20101
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20102
[ ] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20103
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20104
[ø] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?

Our misadventure with Mima in R1, anyone?
>> No. 20105
[X] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?

Suika is always fun. Always.
>> No. 20107
To be honest both options sound good for different reasons

The Ran and Chen choice: Points with them
The Suika one: A possible step towards a Mima-ish first time. (Though quite different considering Suika's stature.)
>> No. 20108
[x] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20109
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20110
>>20107
When did Mima factor into this decision?
>> No. 20111
>>20110
What he meant is an event similar to R1 where Mima & MC fucked wildly in a private room away from the others. There's the suggestion of a similar event instead this time with Suika.
>> No. 20112
[x] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20113
[+] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?

Because I keep getting the feeling that if she isn't reminded of what she needs to be doing every now and again, she'll forget and do her own thing. Yukari won't like that.
>> No. 20114
>>20111

It served as a sex ed as well as teaching him the perks of being a ghost in sex (less limitations on stamina and such).

So far Suika's taught him some pointers in normal ghost perks.
>> No. 20119
[X] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20129
[x] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20133
[x] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.

No waking Ran up?

what the hell is wrong with you people?
>> No. 20134
>>20133

It's called the likelihood of her being hungover due to the drinking last night.
>> No. 20137
>>20134
...Oh yeah.

If only I could believe that everyone else avoided choosing that for that reason.
>> No. 20138
[x] Stick around and wait for Ran with Chen.
>> No. 20141
[χ] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20142
Votes are tied. Need a tie breaker.

Next vote calls it. Assuming it's for one of the two tied options, naturally.
>> No. 20143
[O] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?
>> No. 20144
File 125653447987.jpg - (6.82KB, 126x120, 1254813829155.jpg) [iqdb]
20144
>>20143
>> No. 20145
>>20143

Fuck yeah
>> No. 20148
File 125654136460.jpg - (156.87KB, 706x950, patchy060.jpg) [iqdb]
20148
Alright, votes called. Going with Suika. Would have won anyway, since one person voted for Chen twice...

Please don't do that sort of thing, person.

Anyway, updates tomorrow. Too late to write right now.
>> No. 20150
>>20144
This.
>> No. 20178
File 125688524161.jpg - (211.41KB, 1299x1600, suika168.jpg) [iqdb]
20178
Sorry for taking so long. I won't bore you with the details.

***

[X] ... maybe you should keep an eye on Suika. Is she really going to work?

***

Now which of those sounds more likely to go just fine on its own?

"... alright, well, you know what, Suika? I think I'll take you up on that offer, and keep an eye on you," you say with a smile, prompting the horned girl to pump her arm in the air, and let loose a victorious whoop. You turn back to Chen. "I'm sure I can count on Chen here to make sure Ran eats a healthy breakfast."

"That's right," the cat girl remarks with confidence, and a distracted nod. Despite her attention obviously being elsewhere, however, she seems pleased. You chuckle again, and get up, Suika following suit in a slightly clumsier fashion, swaying as she stands.

"Right, then. Shall we, Suika?"

"It's a date! Let's get moving!" The horned little girl exclaims with a wide grin. Bounding over the table, she seizes your arm, and presses herself against you. With her still shocking strength she proceeds to half lead, half drag you out of the room, and down the hall. She slows down to an ambling pace once you turn the corner, and her excited grin fades into a relaxed smile. She whistles pleasantly to herself as she leads you about; she seems to know where she's headed, and is rather happy, so you let yourself relax a bit. "Oh! Get up against the wall for a minute!"

The sudden imperative takes you by surprise, and you consider questioning her about it until suddenly a large ball of filth rolls around the corner at high speed, led by a miniature Suika who runs down the hall with her arms spread wide, and her hands darting about like those of a conductor with a baton. You quickly press yourself up against the wall, letting the tiny girl go by with her load, and note as she passes that thin, faint streams of dust seem to be coming out of the woodwork and attaching themselves to the rolling refuse. Is that all from the nooks and crannies of this place? The house didn't look nearly dirty enough to produce something like that...

"Guess you were serious about working," you mumble, taken aback.

"Of course I was! Oni don't lie, you know," she says in a lecturing tone, stepping back into the center hall and wagging her finger at you. "Besides, didn't you notice how thin I look this morning?"

She strikes a pose for you, raising her arms behind her head, and standing such that her hips are cocked to one side. As interesting as seeing her tight shirt and long skirt cling to her happens to be, what catches your attention is the way her body seems to be shimmering and immaterial in certain places, small wisps of mist trailing from them.

"You really do look a little fine this morning," you comment with a smile. Suika laughs happily in response.

"That's right! I still got it!"

The two of you horse around for a little while longer, laughing all the way as Suika leads you to a particular room. Once the two of you get yourselves under control, she slides the door open to reveal what looks like a storage room; all manner of things are lying around, many of which you can hardly recognize, and... is it just you, or does the room seem bigger inside than it looks from the outsi--

"So, hey," Suika interrupts your train of thought as she ventures into the storeroom and starts to move some of the items around, "you sure you want to help me out with this stuff? It's all physical labor, really easy stuff; I can handle it on my own. Heck, we can go play while I take care of this, if you want... or maybe you want to shift some heavy things around, show off for the ladies a little?"

She rolls a large wooden table out from one corner of the room, and turns to give you a wink.

"Come on, why do you want to do something this boring?"

***

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 20179
>why do you want to do something this boring?"
As much as I love you, Suika, I don't.
I didn't vote for this.
</petulantsulk>
>> No. 20180
[X] "Good question. This is boring."
[X] "But now that I'm sure you're actually working..."
[X] Back to Chen.
>> No. 20181
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."

Sorry, that's all I got.
>> No. 20182
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."

Works for me~!
>> No. 20183
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
>> No. 20184
[+] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[+] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."

>>20181
It's not bad. Kinda low on the sliding scale between "cute" and "slick", but not bad.
>> No. 20185
[✓] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[✓] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
>> No. 20186
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."

Wonder what she means. Sounds good to me and I'm sure Chen'll tell Ran about how you helped her.
>> No. 20187
[X] "Good question. This is boring."
[X] "But now that I'm sure you're actually working..."
[X] Back to Chen.
Heh
>> No. 20188
[X] "Good question. This is boring."
[X] "But now that I'm sure you're actually working..."
[X] Back to Chen.
>> No. 20189
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."
>> No. 20190
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."

Play? I wonder what she has in mind, hmmm?
>> No. 20192
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."
>> No. 20193
>>20181 is me. "Wrong password". Can't delete, Sorry.
Changing to this.
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."
>> No. 20195
>>20188
I want to do this, but goddamn, I would feel like such a prick.
>> No. 20196
I'm for Ran and chen, but the logic the other vote presented is good, and this way Ran knows how Chen and Meiyou made breakfast and went to check on Suika, and we get to play whatever with Suika. Hopefully it's "Bedtop sports for indoor types"
>> No. 20198
>>20195
Solution. Make it a joke; get the desired outcome and still enjoy the pout on Suika's face.

[x] "Good question. This is boring."
[x] "But now that I'm sure you're actually working..."
[x] Make to leave, but stop short. "Just kidding."
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."
>> No. 20202
I like this >>20198 better, thank you.
>> No. 20206
[x] "Good question. This is boring."
[x] "But now that I'm sure you're actually working..."
[x] Make to leave, but stop short. "Just kidding."
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."
>> No. 20207
[x] "Good question. This is boring."
[x] "But now that I'm sure you're actually working..."
[x] Make to leave, but stop short. "Just kidding."
[x] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[x] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[x] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."
>> No. 20208
Votes called. I'll get to work on the update some time after I have dinner.
>> No. 20209
>>20208

hooray!
>> No. 20211
File 12572405181.jpg - (396.21KB, 800x566, suika169.jpg) [iqdb]
20211
[X] Grin, "Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?"
[X] "Besides, my experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible."
[X] "Play? I guess I can do that while the rest of you are working."

***

"Is it wrong to want to spend time with a lovely lady?" You reply, pulling out the most dashing grin you can muster.

Suika stares at you for a few moments before abruptly breaking into a laughing fit; the table she was wheeling out nearly topples over as she attempts to lean her slight weight against it, bracing herself while she points and laughs at you. After a bit you start to laugh along with her, albeit in a more abashed fashion. Wiping a tear from one of her eyes, Suika hefts the table over her shoulder and strolls over to you. Standing on her tiptoes, she leans up and pinches your cheek.

"You are just too cute, you know that? I'm afraid you're a little young for my tastes though." She smirks, a disturbing twinkle in her eyes that almost seems to make them glow. "Yuugi on the other hand, she'd eat a cute boy like you right up. Better watch yourself, or she might spirit you away during the party."

With a hearty laugh she releases your cheek, leaving you to rub at the stinging skin in an attempt to soothe it.

"Really, you're cute," Suika admits with a grin. "If you just want to spend some time with a woman though, you should tell her! Honesty is what pays off; it may be kind of cute to see a guy who's bashful about approaching you, but eventually it gets tiresome. You need a little initiative, a little maturity!"

A soft hand pats your head gently, and you turn your head to see a second Suika smiling at you, floating over your shoulder just as the first was earlier, again her body wispy and immaterial below the waist. When exactly did she find the time to--

"Come on," the first Suika draws your attention back to her, and gives you a wink. "Let's get this table back to the dining room. You'll get to watch this woman at work; that's your kind of thing, right?"

You smile at her as the two of you start back to the dining room.

"There might be a certain something to that. Speaking of the dining room and women at work though, that was my other reason for tagging along with you," you confide with a chuckle. Suika just glances back at you with a curious hum. "My experience with hangovers tell me that Ran will want the least amount of people, and noise, as possible. We better be quiet about getting that table in there."

"Oho? You're quite the considerate one, aren't you?" Suika asks, her second manifestation leering at you over your shoulder. "Helping Yukari keep her little plans for me on track, making sure Ran has it nice and easy... maybe I should put in a good word for you with them? Help you show off to the girls a bit?"

"I'm not helping out for the sake of showing off," you deny, heat buzzing in your cheeks. How many times are you going to blush today?

Both manifestations of the oni fix you with skeptical, if amused, stares.

"... I'm not helping out just for the sake of showing off," you admit, feeling even more embarrassed, "I'm also helping out because I want to."

That seems to satisfy the girl, and the two of you continue on your way. As you come up to the dining room again, Suika pauses, and sets the table down gently, leaning it against the wall just outside the door. Turning to you with a soft smile, she puts her hands on her hips.

"You really do seem set on helping out around here. You sure you want to waste your time fooling around with me? I'm sure Chen and Ran have plenty more things they could use your help on. Not that I would ever mind playing with a cute boy like you, but what would we do?"

***

[ ] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.

[ ] Oh, you can think of something to play with her...
-[ ] Specify.
>> No. 20212
[X] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.

Ran needs help with her work, and there won't be another opportunity to do so. There's sure to be another time to play with Suika, though.
>> No. 20213
[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20214
[X] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.

>Not that I would ever mind playing with a cute boy like you, but what would we do?

I have a few ideas, but I'm not forward enough...
>> No. 20217
>"You are just too cute, you know that? I'm afraid you're a little young for my tastes though."

This makes you possibly the only writefag in THP's history to have Suika refuse romance/sex on the grounds that she's not a shotacon.

[+] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20218
[X] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20221
>>20214

Coy Oni is Coy.

>>20217
I think she just prefers more manly/experienced guys. But from the sounds of it, Yuugi's a cherry picker, I wonder...

But it sounds like this party is including SA characters now (HLA1 seemed to have covered up to MoF only I'd think)

[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.

Well it's time to get back on track for the moment.
>> No. 20224
[✓] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20226
[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20228
[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
Oh well.

>>20221
>But from the sounds of it, Yuugi's a cherry picker, I wonder...
So, I heard from a certain somewhere that "That's actually completely possible depending on how the party goes."
>> No. 20229
You've come this far, finish the job.
But I'm no good at write-ins, so I'll wait to vote.
>> No. 20230
[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20231
{Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.}
>> No. 20232
[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
[x] "I'll remember what you said about honesty..."
>> No. 20233
[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20234
>>20229
She really doesn't seem interested. Take a hint, man.
>> No. 20235
>>20234

As it stands, her interest is strictly platonic. It might change during the party perhaps, that or Yuugi picks our cherry among other things.

In short if we're going to do anything with Suika, it might take extra work or time.
>> No. 20237
>>20235
If I remember correctly, didn't Patchwork say there would be no Suika route this run? Just a chance for a one-night stand.
>> No. 20238
>>20237

Exactly, he said Suika would be pretty much just like the first runs Mima, a routless girl that we have the possibility to have an H-scene with.
>> No. 20239
File 125735502798.png - (858.31KB, 1200x779, 4809508.png) [iqdb]
20239
I'm way more interested in Yuugi anyway.
>> No. 20240
>>20237

I mean at the moment she has no interest in sex with you, not even on a one time basis.
>> No. 20241
[ ] Oh, you can think of something to play with her...
-[ ] Strip Mahjong
>> No. 20242
[ø] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20252
[x] Suika's right, the others probably really could use some help.
>> No. 20268
Sorry again for the delays. Real life has been dumping on me; I've mostly worked it out. Tired, words aren't coming. Update tomorrow.
>> No. 20274
>>20268

hooray!
>> No. 20275
>>20268

Or the next day, whatever. Update is forthcoming.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x