- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 18334)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 124824693561.jpg - (253.38KB, 800x600, So Long and Thanks for All the Love.jpg) [iqdb]
18334 No. 18334
As the curtain falls on one story, it rises on another. Welcome, one and all, to HLA Round 2.

Or should I say, welcome to HLA Round 2's pregame options? The story proper will begin some time tomorrow, but I would like to give you all plenty of time to pick the options that suit you best.

Waking Point:
[ ] Hakugyokuro (Default)
[ ] Higan
[ ] Mayohiga
[ ] Prismriver Mansion

The big one. Your waking point is where - and when, in fact - the game begins. This obviously affects who you meet first, and to a point helps direct which set of characters you will be having more interactions with.

Clothes
[ ] Dusk (Default)
[ ] Butterfly

A minor option that you can change at any time, you can manifest any outfit you have previously unlocked. This doesn't have particularly dramatic effects more often than not, but it can create some amusing situations.

That's all there is at the moment. Nothing much, really, but enough. Tomorrow, we shall take this show on the road.
Expand all images
>> No. 18335
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)

Yay!
>> No. 18337
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18338
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18339
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)

Took me a while to decide between this and Mayohiga..
>> No. 18340
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)


LILY BLACK ROUTE IS GO!
>> No. 18341
[X] Prismriver Mansion
[X] Butterfly
>> No. 18342
File 124825049889.jpg - (833.78KB, 1299x1000, 3b8f33c130f870f0b2968d6d6659808226da2cf7.jpg) [iqdb]
18342
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)

We had our "dead and loving it" run. Now its time for something different.
>> No. 18345
File 124826073293.jpg - (245.37KB, 600x456, 85e52e59e7dd17ae87b2a1b04a97e5bd.jpg) [iqdb]
18345
[x] Mayohiga
[x] Dusk (Default)

Is everyone voting Higan because of Lily Black or because they want to look for our soul this round?
>> No. 18346
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18347
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18348
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Butterfly
>> No. 18349
This is the Yukari route, our soul can go fuck itself.
>> No. 18350
[X] Working for the Weekend
>> No. 18351
[x] Mayohiga
[x] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18353
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (default)
Yukari's personality is too similar to Yuyuko's judging from the early threads. Lily Black all the way.
>> No. 18354
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)

FUCK YEAH PATCHWORK
>> No. 18355
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (default)
>> No. 18359
File 124826611514.jpg - (741.28KB, 1024x1300, 1d27fe02638c92c271ffd091be2cca08.jpg) [iqdb]
18359
[X] Prismriver Mansion
[X] Dusk (Default)

I'll have my Lunasa!
>> No. 18361
>>18334
How about continuing that good story you once wrote, instead?
>> No. 18362
[X] Prismriver Mansion
[X] Butterfly
>> No. 18363
[x] Higan
[y] Dusk (Default)

Yes.
>> No. 18364
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18365
>>18334
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)

Yaaaaay!
>> No. 18366
[O] Mayohiga
[O] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18367
[X] Prismriver Mansion
[X] Butterfly

>>18359
You mean Lunassa.
>> No. 18368
[x] Mayohiga
[x] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18371
File 124827326320.jpg - (592.82KB, 1000x530, 329439052.jpg) [iqdb]
18371
It almost goes without saying, but I can think of few choices more likely to be votespammed than this one, so a mod should look over the votes before Round 2 starts.
>> No. 18372
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18373
[X] Prismriver Mansion
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18374
[x] Mayohiga
[x] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18375
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18376
[O] Higan
[O] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18377
[X] Higan
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18378
Wow. Controversy from the get-go.

I can tell this is going to be interesting.

Right then, vote choices.

[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (default)

I would vote for Hakugyokuro and Youmu, but Siki's got my interest too...

[Joker]And here we go...[/Joker]
>> No. 18379
Ahhah, oh wow. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.BrokenBase right from the start. I can tell already that this is going to be FUN.
>> No. 18380
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18382
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18383
[X] Prismriver Mansion
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18384
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (default)

The other options are shit.
>> No. 18385
[✓] Mayohiga
[✓] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18386
>>18384
You are shit. This is Yukari route, fucker, starting from higan makes it more difficult for us to meet her.
>> No. 18387
File 124828701373.jpg - (100.95KB, 500x706, 1206420799882.jpg) [iqdb]
18387
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)

Komachi route? Why not?
>> No. 18388
>>18386

unless the point had been to meet some one else sooner..?

...derp...

Alas I'm the only one dogging for Ran when it comes to the Mayohiga route as her situation, albeit rather extreme in comparision, kinda hits close to home so to speak...
>> No. 18389
[✓] Mayohiga
[✓] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18390
Waking Point:
[ ] Hakugyokuro (Default)
[ ] Higan
[X] Mayohiga
[ ] Prismriver Mansion



Clothes
[X] Dusk (Default)
[ ] Butterfly
>> No. 18391
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (default)

Hmm I wanted a Youmu path, but a Yamada is fine too.
>> No. 18392
[x] Higan
[x] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18393
[X] Higan
[X] Dusk (Default)

I'm hoping for a Komachi route; that's all.

Not to say I begrudge the other girls; just that I feel the Higan crowd should get a head start.

I wonder how the Komachi route would be... if it's similar to the theoretically lighter hearted routes from SDM: LA (Meiling or Koakuma).

But it's great to see the 2nd run begin of such an interesting (and fast/loose) story.

I've found that sometimes a 2nd run can have a different vibe than the first (DoLF's 2nd run has proven to have a different vibe altogether than the first)

And what is life exactly?
>> No. 18394
[x] Mayohiga
[x] Dusk (Default)

yukari/ran route or bust
>> No. 18395
>>18386

But Patchy's Yukari sucks.
>> No. 18397
>>18393
>what is life exactly?

A miserable pile of secrets,

but enough posts

Let's start soon.
>> No. 18398
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18399
[X] Prismriver Mansion
[X] Dusk (Default)
>> No. 18400
Voting stop.

Consider this one called for... I don't know yet. As >>18371 was apt to point out, this is one choice that is liable to provoke a good deal of votespam, and I seem to already have more votes for this one choice than I ever normally receive. In light of this...

I'd like to request a mod check for votespam.

In the meantime, no further votes will be counted. For now... I guess it's a waiting game.
>> No. 18401
>>18400

FFFFFFF-, well I guess that's what I get for living in a stupid timezone.
>> No. 18402
File 124830443195.png - (63.37KB, 600x516, 1246508759107.png) [iqdb]
18402
Cool votespam bro.
>> No. 18404
I'm surprised, but there's no votespam to speak of.

>>18402
You wish.
...I do too ;_;
>> No. 18405
>>18404

I am quite honestly surprised. Pleasantly so, mind, but surprised nonetheless.

With that out of the way, it is safe to say that Mayohiga takes the win by a mere 3 votes. Talk about no love for the Prismrivers...

Writing soonish. Possibly after dinner.
>> No. 18406
The possibility of a Ran route has convinced me to pick this up.
>> No. 18408
File 124831437866.png - (90.42KB, 450x417, Cat.png) [iqdb]
18408
[X] Mayohiga
[X] Dusk (Default)

***

You open your eyes.

The blazing light of the evening sun tears into your eyes and rakes through your skull before blooming into a wonderful blossom of pain in your head.

You shut your eyes.

The agonized spasms of your brain last for quite a while more, and you're not particularly inclined to think about anything for the duration. When your mental faculties finally begin grinding into operation, you're not entirely sure how to feel about it; on the one hand your head is no longer a searing cauldron of torment, on the other hand you no longer have that intense suffering to distract you from the fact that every other part of your body is undergoing its own fit of misery and aching. This is, beyond a doubt, the most horrid experience you have ever had, in terms of purely physical pain.

What the fuck did you do?

When your afflictions at last dull to a manageable level, you take a deep breath - a mistake, you realize, as your chest protests - and open your eyes once again. You must have really lost your sense of time while in your little stupor, because the sun has dipped all the way down to the horizon now, casting the sky in a vivid orange edged with just a hint of purple. Despite the malaise you feel, you drag yourself up into a sitting position under the premise that lying around all day won't do you much good. The ground isn't very comfortable anyway.

You give a tired, cursory glance at your surroundings, and start to wonder just where the hell you are. There are a bunch of slightly run down buildings in the area, all built like something out of historical Japan - all wood and rice paper and whatnot. There's not much else around, just some clumps of grass here and there, maybe some trees off in the distance, and a whole lot of rocks and cracked dirt. Wherever this is, it definitely seems abandoned.

You reach up and rub your forehead lightly, a new brand of headache settling in. You wake up in pain, in the middle of nowhere, and with absolutely no idea why. This is shaping up to be a mess of a day. You feel surprisingly calm about it, if more than a bit put out; maybe you're just too exhausted to panic at this point.

You catch a movement in the corner of your eye. Lazily you turn your head in the general direction of the motion, but you end up just staring at a barren rooftop. Another movement flashes in your peripheral, but you don't even bother turning your head. At this point you're pretty sure that you really are just too tired to panic, because you're sure as hell too tired to play this game right now.

Directing your attention back to the sky, you just sit and recharge for a short while. You're recovering more quickly from all the pain than you had expected you would. As you sit and stare off into space, a soft noise comes from behind you. Shortly afterward, something pads into view.

It's a girl. An odd girl, but a girl all the same.

More than anything else, the most striking thing about her is the bestial look she has. A steady, suspicious glare occupies her otherwise impassive face, and though she moves on all fours, she does so with a certain animal elegance. More literally animal, she appears to have a pair of black cat ears - one of them pierced by a golden earring - jutting out from her short brown hair, as well as a pair of white-tipped black cat tails poking out of her rear; you would write them off as accessories to her odd clothes - a red dress with gold trim, in a sort of West-meets-China style, with a big white ribbon tied at the collar - but something about those extra appendages seems far too real. The tails wave back and forth slowly in the air, and you could swear that the ears, flattened and swept back, twitch every now and then. It's a little unnerving, to say the least.

And you can't help but notice how much like claws her nails seem to look.

The girl circles you in silence several times, and you remain perfectly still. You're not sure how exactly you would know, but watching her sets off some sort deep-rooted primal instinct that's telling you she's dangerous. You're inclined to trust it on this one.

This little standstill holds out for some time before you finally try to speak - and trying to speak was a mistake on your part.

No sooner than you open your mouth, you find yourself slamming backward onto the ground, your head bouncing painfully off the earth. Yeah, that definitely obliterated some of the progress you made towards subduing your pain. As the spots clear from your vision, you find yourself staring into the wide and livid eyes of the girl.

This close, you can see that the eyes you had thought were brown are actually an unnatural dark orange, the pupils feline slits. It's kind of jarring how feral those eyes look, considering that the fair-skinned little girl atop you would actually be quite pretty if it weren't for her wild demeanor.

Speaking of which, you can feel one of those sharp little nails pressed worryingly close to your neck. You don't bother trying to sit up - you can tell from the sheer force this girl is applying to you that it wouldn't do you any good.

This is a delicate situation.

***

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18412
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
>> No. 18415
[X] Panic.
>> No. 18416
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
>> No. 18417
[X] Gently, slowly,, raise a hand, fingers open, and hold it out towards her.
>> No. 18418
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."

I know one other cat that would happily dig it's claws onto any thing that happens to be in its favorite spot...

Those were a good pair of shoes... damn it...
>> No. 18419
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
[x] If talking seems to worsen the situation, try to carefully pet her... very, very carefully.

Petting a cat is like making a contract: It will try to smother your face from now on every time you don't pet it...
...At least that's what they do to me, though being very allergic to them might have something to do with the matter
>> No. 18421
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
>> No. 18422
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
>> No. 18423
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
>> No. 18424
[x]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
[x]Chennnnnnnnnnn~
>> No. 18425
[X]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
[X] If talking seems to worsen the situation, try to carefully pet her... very, very carefully.
>> No. 18429
[X]"Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."
[X] If talking seems to worsen the situation, try to carefully pet her... very, very carefully.
- {x} Gently, slowly, raise a hand, fingers open, and hold it out towards her.
>> No. 18430
File 124839501170.jpg - (153.64KB, 819x911, Cooking Ran.jpg) [iqdb]
18430
[X] "Am I in your spot? I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confused as to where I am right now."

***

Fragile as your predicament seems to be, however, you unfortunately find yourself at a loss for how to resolve it. This girl has you pinned, you might say. A tired chuckle escapes you, and the girl seems to tense up, her weight bearing down on you with sufficient increase to provoke renewed pain. You offer a strained smile, and fumble with your words, your resurgent headache giving you pause.

"Am I in your spot?"

It's a lame start, but in your addled state you find it hard to come up with anything better. Either way, the girl looks surprised to hear you speak.

"I'm sor--"

"Don't patronize me."

A sudden sharp pain alerts you to the fact that she's dug her knee into your stomach. While the biting stab to your gut isn't particularly enjoyable, the upshot is that you've finally gotten her to speak - she has a nice voice - and some of that suspicious hostility seems to have left her. She looks irritated, which isn't really ideal, but it's better than that predatory demeanor she's taken with you so far.

Just as you think to say something else, you hear a faint ringing echo from somewhere in the distance; the girl appears to notice it as well, her ears perking up as she moves into a sitting position, giving you welcome relief from the pressure she had been exerting on you. Pleased merely to be in a little less pain, you just lie still and watch her as she listens to the chiming for a short while longer, then turns her attention back to you with a frown. You can almost see the gears turning in her head as she contemplates you. Eventually she seems to reach a satisfying conclusion, and hops off of you, landing in a crouch. You take this as an opportunity to sit up, but before you can even lift yourself up off the ground, the girl performs another hop, this time right over your prone body.

Landing on her feet this time, the girl begins to walk away, heading off towards the source of the now silent chime. As you muse to yourself about just how strange this whole experience is, the girl stops and looks back at you, tossing an annoyed glare at you.

"Hey. Come on."

You stare at the girl with moderate disbelief. It's not as though you really have anywhere else to go, but does she honestly expect you to follow her just like tha--

Oh gods.

An awful feeling seizes your chest, as though your heart were being squeezed by tightly wrapped chains. The world spins, and suddenly you're lurching over to that little cat-girl like a marionette on strings; more alarming still is the fact that in the process of your body dragging itself toward her, you catch sight of your feet, and the disturbing manner in which they fail to touch the ground at all. You're walking on air - and not in the good, figurative sense.

Feeling thoroughly disquieted as is, it doesn't help matters at all when you realize that you've slowly been rotating as you shamble forward; by the time you reach the girl you're flat-out upside down, the sky at your feet and the ground above your head.

What is going on here?

Your companion, in so far as you can call her that, appears not to bothered at all by your bizarre condition, and quickly bounds off toward wherever her destination happens to be. Your body, unconcerned with breaking the laws of physics, quickly decides that you should go after her, and to that end sends you whipping along at her heel like a tumbleweed, never once letting you touch the earth below. Your stomach lets out a sickly gurgle, and you close your eyes in response, trying to shut out the whirl of color and motion that the world has turned into.

By the time you lurch to a halt you're feeling incredibly ill, so much so that you keep your eyes wrenched shut for a good half a minute. Once your queasiness subsides a little you risk a peek at your present circumstances. Now floating at an upsetting parallel to the ground, it looks like you've been taken into one of the buildings you saw earlier; it's just the entry hall that you're in, but it looks a little more well maintained than the rest of the architecture you saw. The strange girl who brought you here has sat herself down, and is busy taking off her shoes.

As the girl futzes about with her footwear, however, something else catches your attention. From behind a nearby sliding door steps a woman. Tall and shapely, with a pale complexion and short, neatly cut blond hair curling to frame the fine features of her face and her sparkling sun-hued eyes, the first thing you can rightly say you notice about this woman is that she is quite the beauty. The next thing that you notice is that her attire is just as strange as that of the cat-girl.

The wide bottom of her white dress brings to mind a European gown, but the sleeves are large and baggy affairs more reminiscent of oriental styles... if oriental clothes included large, frilled indigo cuffs, that is. Over that she's wearing a surprisingly cute frilly pink apron, tied with a ribbon so large that you can see it puffing out from behind her; weirder still, you think you can spot a tabard of all things beneath the apron. On her head rests the strangest hat you've ever seen, a white cap plastered with what look like exorcism tags, and which almost reminds you of a jester's cap with the way it divides into two short cones, each one tasseled.

Most interestingly, however, is the bundle of enormous fluffy tails you can see behind her. You can't count them all from here, especially with the way they twitch and move. Just like those on the girl, the tails of this woman look absurdly life-like. It's a little unsettling.

Although you have to admit that you like the package as a whole.

You catch yourself staring and almost avert your eyes before you notice that she's doing the same as you; mind, her gaze looks a little more inquisitive than lascivious. You feel your cheeks heat up in self-consciousness, and finally offer a sheepish smile. The woman raises an eyebrow in interest, but soon turns her attention to the girl.

"Chen?"

The girl - Chen, apparently - looks up, and leaps to her feet, shoes forgotten, to salute.

"Commander!"

"Who is this?" The woman gestures to you as she approaches the excited girl.

"An intruder! I caught him myself!"

The woman turns and regards you for a moment, hands on her hips. After a few seconds she sighs and shakes her head.

"Chen, what have I told you abou--"

"This one's different," the girl cuts in, sounding rather indignant, "he's not all round and white, and he can talk, an--"

The woman raps her knuckles lightly against the girl's forehead, eliciting a surprised cry of protest, but otherwise silencing her.

"I have also told you not to interrupt, haven't I, Chen? Now, let him go."

The girl remains silent, and hangs her head a little. Nothing happens for a bit, and then the woman clicks her tongue. Hunching down a bit, she pinches Chen's nose, causing the girl to struggle a bit and hop back. No sooner than the girl's nose is pinched, however...

You crash to the ground in a heap.

Groaning weakly in exasperation, tired of the pain that today has seen fit to inflict on you, you instinctively curl up just a bit. Quickly, however, the tailed woman is kneeling at your side. Placing one hand against your stomach, and slipping the other one onto your back, she helps you sit up, and begins fussing over you, carefully inspecting you for damage. You can spot Chen sulking and casting you a slightly envious glare over the woman's shoulder.

"Are you quite alright, sir?"

Well, if you have a beautiful woman running her hands over you and giving you her attention, then really...

"I'm fine."

"That's good then," she remarks, her soft voice soothing to your ears. Pulling back, she straightens up and folds her arms in front of her in an odd gesture that makes it look more like she's scheming something from the way her sleeves come together. "However, young man, I have to ask: why exactly are you here?"

There's something unreadable in her tone.

***

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18432
[X] "I'm not exactly sure why. I woke up here and was suddenly attacked by that girl."
>> No. 18433
Arg can't of anything good atm except this...

"I don't know, I don't even know where here is. I just woke up and realized I'm on the ground in pain; Soon after your... 'Subordinate'... pounced on me I'm inexplicably 'floating' out of control behind her.

Weirdest dream I'm having yet, last time I listen to him about experimenting with drinks..."
>> No. 18434
[X] "I'm not exactly sure why. I woke up here and was suddenly attacked by that girl."
[x] "I tried to explain myself and she just did that ...weird thing on me"
>> No. 18435
>>18430
[X] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[X] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[X] "... Yes, definitely concussed."

Is this the first documented display of Chen's necromancy? Fucking awesome.
>> No. 18438
[x] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[x] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[x] "... Yes, definitely concussed."

She knows Chen was messing with us, we don't have to emphasize it.
>> No. 18439
[Q] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[Q] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[Q] "... Yes, definitely concussed."

I like your Chen very much.
>> No. 18440
[x] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[x] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[x] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18441
[Q] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[Q] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[Q] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18442
[x] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[x] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[x] "... Yes, definitely concussed."

this since I think Ran'd fill you in on things eventfully.

And I thought Chen's ability was listed as black magic not so much necromancy.
>> No. 18443
>>18442

It's more of a catch-all term.
>> No. 18444
[x] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[x] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[x] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18445
>>Is this the first documented display of Chen's necromancy? Fucking awesome.

No, it is not. I believe that EZMode was the first to even make mention of her ability. Not sure who was first to display it.

>>And I thought Chen's ability was listed as black magic not so much necromancy.

That's not really it. In Japanese mythology, nekomata are believed to be able to raise a corpse by jumping over it. It's an ability of her species, not of her character.

[x] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[x] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[x] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18446
>>18445

That honor went to you I believe.
>> No. 18447
[x] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[x] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[x] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18451
[X] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[X] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[X] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18455
[x] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[x] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[x] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18458
[X] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[X] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[X] "... Yes, definitely concussed."
>> No. 18470
>>18446

Neat.
>> No. 18472
[X] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[X] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[X] "... Yes, definitely concussed."

As if this option needed any more votes.
>> No. 18475
Ah, yes, I should mention that I've already started writing the next update. Most of it is finished, but I'm tired enough that I'm beginning to have difficulty writing. Expect it in a good nine or ten hours, after I get some decent sleep.
>> No. 18477
[~] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[z] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[e] "... Yes, definitely concussed."

>like I was dropped out of an airplane
In before we actually were. Poor Hakunon will always be dying in sudden and dramatic ways, won't he?

By the way, nice touch with the hopping-over, Patch; good attention to detail.
>> No. 18480
File 124855038440.jpg - (156.33KB, 630x863, Sleepy and Naked.jpg) [iqdb]
18480
I had surprising difficulty writing this. I knew what I wanted, but I just couldn't satisfy myself with the way it came out.

[X] "I... am sorry. I can't really say. I don't know where I am. I just woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I am probably more than a little concussed..."
[X] Discreet staring at Chen's and her tails.
[X] "... Yes, definitely concussed."

***

"I..."

You trail off, feeling a little down. You'd like to have a better answer for her, but as it stands you haven't the slightest clue why you're here. Heaving a tired sigh, you shrug your shoulders in defeat.

"Sorry. Can't say." As the woman fixes you with a rather serious looking frown, you realize how your words could be misinterpreted. "I mean to say that I don't know where I am. I woke up here feeling like I was dropped out of an airplane, and I'm probably more than a little concussed."

You peer over the woman's shoulder at Chen, and watch as her twin tails wave back and forth behind her.

"... yes, definitely concussed."

The woman frowns again, although now she seems more confused than suspicious. Quickly she shakes her head as if to dismiss whatever it is that's bothering her, and climbs back onto her feet. A quiet, slightly exasperated chuckle escapes her, and she treats you to a warm smile. You feel yourself relax a little at the sight.

"Well, you certainly are a strange one, but I suppose even you can't be expected to know where you're going." Hey, that seems kind of insulting. You pout, but she just keeps right on smiling at you. "While I may not know where you were headed either, the least I can do is tell you where you are and welcome you to our humble home of Mayohiga."

You stare blankly. "Where?"

At that the woman laughs audibly, a charming, mellifluous sound. "That is the response of most, yes. Mayohiga is lesser known, even in a region as small as ours." The woman bends over and looks down on you with a kindly smile. "Forgive me, but there is a carefully prepared meal growing colder as we speak; would it bother you terribly to discuss this over dinner?"

She's inviting you to dinner, now? You shake your head. "No, that's fine. I could probably do with some food myself."

"Wonderful. Can you stand on your own?"

You nod, feeling quite a bit better than previously, and clamber to your feet. Seemingly satisfied, the woman turns her attention back to Chen, leaning over to whisper something in the girl's ear; whatever it is that she says, the girl perks up a little after hearing it, and the woman gives her an affectionate scratch behind the ear, much like one might do for a real cat. With that out of the way, she glances over her shoulder at you.

"Shall we be on our way?"

It doesn't take too long at all for her to lead you into the dining room, as it's located conveniently close to the entry. The room is just as traditional Japanese as the exterior of the building would suggest, with a tatami mat floor, rice paper walls, the works. At the center of the room is a low square table, with enough room to seat about four people, and places set out for three. The woman directs you to take a seat at the side that isn't set, oddly enough, and Chen soon takes a spot at one of the adjacent sides.

"Excuse me for a moment," the woman says politely, "I'll have to ready a few things. We weren't expecting guests, you see."

You nod, reasoning that such a thing is to be expected, and watch the woman as she enters the adjacent room through a doorway opposite the one you entered through. To your surprise, you can actually see far enough into the room to recognize it as a kitchen, and a jarringly modern one at that - you can plainly see a large refrigerator, and can just make out what looks like a mechanical dishwasher. Weird.

As you wait for the woman to return, you take a glance at Chen. The girl seems to be in a much better mood than she was in earlier, and even seems to have mostly forgotten about you; she just rocks back and forth slightly, humming to herself, waiting patiently for the woman to come back out. Even so, a sort of uneasy feeling takes a hold of you, a little more intense than it was even when she had you pinned down.

Fortunately that unnerving atmosphere is dispelled somewhat once your hostess returns to set you a proper place at the table, and to present the meal itself. It looks as though the dinner she prepared is a humble one composed mostly of the basics, but those basics are good. By some unspoken agreement you refrain from asking any questions during the course of the meal, instead staying silent and half-listening as Chen speaks excitedly to her senior about her day. You feel a little awkward, but the atmosphere between those two is nice enough to mitigate that; feels like sitting in on a family dinner.

Just as you figure that you should take this opportunity to get your thoughts in order something unexpected happens. In the middle of raising your chopsticks to your mouth, you are taken by surprise by a pair of arms draping themselves loosely around your shoulders from behind. A rather rich aroma washes over you, reminiscent of expensive wine, and a set of very soft somethings presses against your back in a rather pleasant manner.

"Ran..."

You turn your slowly to the side, an are rewarded with one of the most captivating sights you've ever encountered. A woman is resting her head on your shoulder, and she is stunning. Beautiful, unblemished skin in a healthy hue of peach, softly glowing golden eyes, long tresses of silky blond hair that tumble down like a waterfall. Bar none, this is the most beautiful woman you've ever seen; you barely even register her next words, entranced with watching every movement of her full, lightly glossed lips.

"... why did you start without me?"

It takes a few moments to tear yourself away from your captivation, and notice that the woman is not only alluring, but also very sleepy. Her hair, though radiant, is a tousled mess, and though her eyes are dazzling, they're quite bleary and unfocused as well.

Somehow it makes her seem even more attractive.

"Want brekkie."

You can feel one of her hands beat lightly against your shoulder. She... seems to have mistaken you for someone else.

***

[ ] You're not "Ran."

[ ] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18481
[x] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18483
[O] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18484
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.

Rather audacious, but I like it.
>> No. 18486
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18487
[+] You're not "Ran."
[+] Tell the new woman this in a deadpan-yet-humorous fashion.

New round, new universe. We have exactly zero brownie points to spend thus far, and we've got Chen going all SERIOUS BUSINESS on us from the get-go. Now is not the time to mess around with the hostess. Play it safe for a while, I say.

ITT, Owen attempts in vain to bring logic into an illogical slice-of-life romance.
>> No. 18488
[X] You're not "Ran."
[X] Offer to fetch Ran.
>> No. 18489
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.

Why not? Since Yukari seems like the type to be amused by such a thing, and Ran should be back by the time any possible trouble occurs. (Highly unlikely since Yukari'd know if you're there, Ran would have let you in)
>> No. 18490
[†] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.

Finally! Ran Route powaaa! Man I love these lost all memorys ending up a bunch of pretty girls house stories! GJ Patchwork!
>> No. 18491
>>18490

Oh and thats me Ranfag but I lost my tripcode and too lazy to type a new one. I dunno hows Saguya doing too.
>> No. 18492
>>18491
>>18490
STOP POSTING.

Jesus fucking Christ where are all these faggots coming from?
>> No. 18493
>>18491

Really? I wouldn't have guessed, your grammar seems to have improved.

>Finally! Yukari Route powaaa!

Fixed that for you.
[ ] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18494
>>18492

If it's really Ranfag, then he has been around for as long as Saguya has. And that's, like, since HY started SDM LA.
>> No. 18495
[x] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18496
You know thinking on it; I think the MC has a bit of a preposition towards the older two women. (Yukari more so than Ran)

This will change with later events and actions. (I'm surprised there wasn't a possible threesome ending, considering what 'good' friends those two were)

just my thoughts on it.
>> No. 18497
>>18492
>(I'm surprised there wasn't a possible threesome ending, considering what 'good' friends those two were)

That's more like Anon's fault, I think. We did keep a monogamy-ish line of action after deciding the target.

And we didn't even ask to join them at that time.
>> No. 18498
>>18497

There's also the more serious direction Patchwork went with Yuyuko's story, which I can't fault him for it.

I wonder if this is possible in Yukarin's sphere of influence; but I realize I'm speaking much too soon.

I also understand how some dislike harem ends due to a decrease of intimacy. Instead I can imagine one girl being the main one and the rest being subs in terms of plot revelation and such.

Nice to see Yukari being in her childish moe mode (there's just something about seeing one of the most powerful/attractive youkai in a state of 'just woken' up as she goes "Want brekkie")

But as far as trying to join them, Patchwork said in one of the post story threads that it would have resulted in Yuyuko being very amused, and Yukari being so embrassed that she'd have a hard time being around you.

And I believe anon voted for Haku to try to play with those two.... too bad said game was dress up. (So much for sexy bedtop games for indoor types)
>> No. 18499
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18504
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18505
[ ] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.

How could I not choose this.
>> No. 18506
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18507
[X] Slowly glance over to ran and give her a goodnatured grin.
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18508
[X] You're not "Ran."
[X] "You're pretty."
[X] Tell the new woman these things in a stuttering, panicked way.
>> No. 18509
>Nice to see Yukari being in her childish moe mode (there's just something about seeing one of the most powerful/attractive youkai in a state of 'just woken' up as she goes "Want brekkie")
To be honest, this is exactly what I disliked about her.

[X] You're not "Ran."
[X] Tell the new woman this in a deadpan-yet-humorous fashion.
[X] Offer to fetch Ran.
Yeah, useless to vote against flood, but whatever.
>> No. 18510
File 124864875891.png - (30.58KB, 450x500, 4a7dbfda0572b116e16c234627f8381f.png) [iqdb]
18510
>>18509
It's exactly what I like about her. She fully realizes that nobody's really ever sure what she's scheming and who she's manipulating, so she can have as much fun as she wants without losing her standing. In HLA 1, when we met her in Higan, you know everyone was silently pondering what kind of diabolical plan might involve acting like a silly teenager out on a date with us.

This is the variation of Yukari who makes a habit of teasing/pranking Reimu. Hell, this is the Yukari who used Remilia and Reimu's moon rocket and epic moon battle as a distraction to steal moon sake from the moon and that was the reason SSiB happened.
>> No. 18511
>>18510
Boring. Shallow.
>> No. 18512
>>18511
Hi Giddy.
>> No. 18513
[☞] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.
>> No. 18514
>>18512

I'm not Giddy, but I must agree. This Yukari is really boring, and way too similar to Yuyuko. And I personally found Yuyuko to be extremely dull.
>> No. 18516
Well it's a variation of the "Deviously/seductively playful Yukari" seen in many, and it's not CUtMaS (Eientei)'s Yukari, who is quite scary and not really affable.

I think the differences between Patchwork's Yuyuko are Yukari are this:

Yuyuko's generally a cheerful that as a innocent and carefree vibe. (that's to most people that haven't seen that little make out session in R1)

Yukari in this is very much classic Yukari (devious, seductive at times, plotting); but with moments of unexpected childishness.

Of course I think we'll get a deeper look now that Haku's going to end up staying around the place.

I doubt we'd find out about Yuyuko's issues if we weren't on her route. There's also the bits of Youmu's issues we found out on it

I kinda now wonder what life around Higan would be like. (A Komachi route would be harder now)
>> No. 18518
>>18514

I agree completely.
>> No. 18519
Hmm this reminds me, we need a new name for this anon. Haku 'lived' happily ever after with Yuyuko. This anon has his own story to tell.
>> No. 18520
>>18519
How about mayonnaise, he's deathly white and lives in Mayohiga.
>> No. 18521
File 12486759531.jpg - (78.18KB, 600x800, Sleepy.jpg) [iqdb]
18521
[X] If she's hungry, feed her. You don't seem to have much of an appetite anyway.

***

Well, no need to disappoint the poor woman, even if she has you mistaken for someone else. Not like you're particularly hungry anyway, oddly enough...

Redirecting your chopsticks toward her, you pop a morsel of egg into the sleepy woman's mouth; you also find yourself a little fixated on watching those perfect lips closing around the utensils. The mystery woman lets out a contented purr as she swallows the food, and begins to rub herself against you in a manner that is very distracting, though not at all unwelcome. You make a slightly awkward attempt to retrieve another bite for her without taking your eyes off of her, when a deep sigh draws your attention.

"You really shouldn't humor her," your fox-tailed hostess remarks in an exasperated tone, pointedly refusing to look at the sleepy woman on your shoulder. You can't help but arch an eyebrow in a mix of interest and amusement - what exactly is the relationship between these two? Regardless, you feed your drowsy companion another randomly selected portion of your meal, much to her delight. She laughs a little once she swallows, nuzzling you once again in that wonderful way.

"Ran's tofu is the best." She pauses for a moment after saying that, a look of realization dawning on her features. "Ran never lets me have her tofu."

Rubbing her eyes as if to wake herself up, the woman at your side takes a long look at the fox woman, then at you. She looks back and forth between the two of you a few more times, before settling on you again with a self-conscious stare, and drumming her fingers against your shoulder.

"You're... not Ran," she says at last.

"No. No, I am not," you concede.

"I see." A lovely pink flushes her cheeks, and she averts her eyes. "Excuse me for a moment."

"Of course."

With that the woman recedes out of sight, gingerly disentangling herself from you. Kind of a shame, but what can you do? Just as you feel a bit saddened by the lovely lady's disappearance, however, she suddenly reappears. On the opposite side of the table. How did she do that? Now clad in a loose white tee shirt that's at least a size too large, she sluggishly sets about taking her own share of the food at the table, doing her best to maintain a straight face despite her light blush.

The dinner passes in an awkward silence, though Chen and the fox woman both look rather amused by this turn of events. The beautiful blond on the other end of the table keeps her gaze off of you for the duration of the meal, but as it draws to a close she finally takes a peek up at you; her self-consciousness lingers in her stare for a second or two, and then she starts to chuckle. The slightly oppressive air that had overtaken the table vanishes abruptly at the first sign of the woman's cheer. With a sigh and a smile, she scratches the side of her head sheepishly.

"Talk about getting egg on my face..."

Leaning across the table, the woman offers her hand, as well as one heck of a nice view down her top. Feeling your own cheeks heat up a little now, you lean forward and give her a firm handshake.

"Yukari Yakumo," she introduces herself. You do the same, and the two of you break away from one another. Using her now free hand to cover her mouth as she yawns, she gives you a tired look. "I probably don't seem to be living up to my reputation right now, but you caught me at an odd time; sorry to disappoint."

You give her a confused look. Does she expect you to know of her? Either way, she seems to catch on to the fact that you don't recognize her.

"You haven't heard of me?"

You shake your head no.

"Interesting." Yukari turns to the fox woman, who you suppose must be Ran. "Is he an outsider?"

Outsider?

"It wouldn't be terribly surprising," Ran replies. "Chen discovered him lying outside, and this is where many outsiders would first arrive. He admits to not being familiar with Mayohiga, and his clothing is a decidedly outside fashion; neither is particularly unusual even by our standards, but..."

Ran trails off, and Yukari just sighs.

"I think I get the gist of the situation," she remarks, leaning back a ways before turning to Chen and scratching the girl's ear affectionately, just as Ran did earlier. "Well, good job Chen. You certainly brought home an interesting one this time."

"I know! He's pretty strange for a ghost, isn't he?"

"Ghost?"

Ran and Yukari go silent, suddenly regarding you with worried frowns. Chen, however, seems oblivious, and just stares at you in confusion.

"Yeah. You're a ghost."

Something about being called a ghost bothers you. It makes you feel kind of sick. You reply to her accusation without really thinking about it, taking on a defensive, confrontational tone that you don't really intend.

"I'm not a ghost. I'd have to be dead to be a ghost."

Something in the room changes. Ran and Yukari shift from looking concerned to looking mortified. Ran moves to say something, but Chen preempts her with an irritated snap at you, her tails beating against the floor angrily.

"You are dead, stupid!"

"Don't say that," you spit, a confusing mix of emotions that you don't quite understand welling up in your chest and sparking an anger that seeps into your voice. "It's not funny!"

"I'm not joking! You're dead!" Chen glares at you like you're an idiot, and leans toward you. Ran and Yukari both reach toward the girl, but before they can reach her she lunges at you...

... and her arm blows through your chest in an explosion of pain.

Gaping mutely at Chen, shocked beyond words, you are returned only an angry glare. In rapt horror, your gaze drifts down her, along her arm, right down to where it's pierced through you. Your terror only grows when you see what she's done.

There's no blood.

There's no blood, no wound, nothing. Her arm is just phasing through you as though you weren't even there. She moves her arm about, and it travels along without tearing you apart, without so much as disturbing your clothes. Abruptly she pulls back, her whole arm and hand ripping through you right before your eyes, leaving behind nothing but a small patch of faded blue on your shirt, a patch which begins to expand rapidly. Vaguely you hear someone say something, but you can't pull your attention away from the faded blue that is overtaking your whole body, morbid fascination compelling you to watch even as it spreads off of your clothes onto your hands, climbs along your fingers, leaves you nothing but pale. With the fading color comes a cold, hollow sensation.

There's shouting now, movements, something, you don't really care.

You're dead.

You start to laugh. You start to cry. You don't know why.
>> No. 18522
---

The soft grass feels soothing against your skin, and the fresh green aroma soothes you. In the black sky above, clouds are swirling, dark purple cherry blossoms dancing between them. Off in the distance are any number of things, hazy things that seem like faded memories. For now, that's not important.

What's important is that you're here, right? Whether you're dreaming, or... you're dead. You're still here. Whatever else has changed, you haven't, not really. Maybe you don't have a beating heart, or blood, or any sort of a body at all, but it's not like any of that stuff made you... You.

There's no need to worry. Things are a little different now, but... since when have things ever stayed the same?

---

Your eyes sting a little.

With a yawn and a stretch, you open your eyes and wince. The sun is bright this morning. The warmth is kind of nice though, even if the light's a bit painful.

A quick glance around tells you that you're in a fairly spartan room. Some bookshelves, a desk, the little bedroll you're lying on... not much here. You sit up, your sheets falling off and pooling at your waist, and rub your head, feeling the tail end of nasty little ache that's just too stubborn to go away yet. It's not bad though.

Sighing, you run your hand down your face. You can still feel the places where your tears dried, sticky trails that serve as a reminder of what happened. The memories are more than a little imprecise of course, but you remember being dragged in here after you were reduced to a shivering wreck; Yukari or Ran must have put you to bed. What a nightmare... at least you're calm now, and not in that strange unnatural way that you were when you first encountered Chen. You're just... normal. Maybe a little tired as well.

Amazing what a mental breakdown and a good night's sleep can do for you.

Not to say you're in the best of shape yet, though. It's going to take a little more before that...

***

[ ] Pull those covers back up, and sleep off the rest of your little headache.

[ ] Get up and go for a walk, get yourself back together again.

[ ] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18523
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. Atleast see if you can walk through walls.

Walking through random walls in a house full of ladies? Fun times, and washing our face or a full bath will help to further clear our head.
>> No. 18524
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.
[X] Or try changing how you look. Who says ghosts can't be shapeshifters? Go for a... butterfly look.
>> No. 18527
[x] Pull those covers back up, and sleep off the rest of your little headache.
>> No. 18528
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.
[X] Or try changing how you look. Who says ghosts can't be shapeshifters? Go for a... butterfly look.
>> No. 18529
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.
[X] Or try changing how you look. Who says ghosts can't be shapeshifters? Go for a... butterfly look.
>> No. 18530
[X] Get up and go for a walk, get yourself back together again.
[X] Go find Chen and let her know you're all right. She can't be feeling too good after giving you a nervous breakdown.
>> No. 18531
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.
[X] Or try changing how you look. Who says ghosts can't be shapeshifters? Go for a... butterfly look.
>> No. 18533
[✓] Get up and go for a walk, get yourself back together again.
[✓] Floating practice.
>> No. 18534
[X] Get up and go for a walk, get yourself back together again.
[X] Go find Chen and let her know you're all right. She can't be feeling too good after giving you a nervous breakdown.

I bet she doesn't care.
>> No. 18538
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.
[X] Or try changing how you look. Who says ghosts can't be shapeshifters? Go for a... butterfly look.
>> No. 18539
[X] Pull those covers back up, and sleep off the rest of your little headache.

SLEEP NOW, EVERYTHING ELSE LATER

I know it's what i've been doing for the past couple of days.
>> No. 18542
[X] Pull those covers back up, and sleep off the rest of your little headache.
>> No. 18544
[O] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[O] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.
[O] Or try changing how you look. Who says ghosts can't be shapeshifters? Go for a... butterfly look.
>> No. 18546
[X] Pull those covers back up, and sleep off the rest of your little headache.
[X] Try to have a nice dream.

Sleep is a good idea before trying to experiment; since while he doesn't know about the needs of sleep, we do.

He will certainly need it; though I think Yukari will soon introduce us to Yuyuko (just to help us learn certain abilities and thus be less of a pain)

It might be longer before we meet the Higan crowd or the sisters. (That's unless Yukari talks Yuyuko into having a party)
>> No. 18547
[x]Go find your hostesses.
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven?"
[x]"Are you goddesses?"
>> No. 18548
[x] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[x] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.

>>18547
We definitely need to do this afterwards.
>> No. 18551
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] Go find your hostesses.
- {x} "So... if I'm dead, is this heaven?"
- {x} "Are you goddesses?"
>> No. 18552
>>18546
I add this to my vote after you wake up from the nap:

[x]Go find your hostesses.
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven?"
[x]"Are you goddesses?"
>> No. 18553
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. Atleast see if you can walk through walls.
>> No. 18554
File 124874846554.jpg - (26.22KB, 400x270, powa.jpg) [iqdb]
18554
>>18510
>>18511
>>18512
>>18514
>>18516
>>18518

Patchwork is just a harem animu style writefag. Overdone DRAMA!!!11! is included.
He isn't that great.

>> No. 18555
Alright, consider this called, so that I can start writing some time tonight. Update should come tomorrow. Sorry about the delay, but writing that doll story kind of drained me. In more ways than one.
>> No. 18556
>>18555

Doll story? Sounds interesting.
>> No. 18557
>>18514
Called it in >>18353 .
>> No. 18559
>>18556

Try /at/.
>> No. 18561
>>18554
...Who ever said this was about Yukari? Forget her.

It's Ran time. Chances for her route kind of benefits from a Mayohiga start.
>> No. 18562
File 124882987075.jpg - (537.27KB, 850x900, Chen glance.jpg) [iqdb]
18562
Concerning the name of the protagonist, if we take the first kanji of Mayohiga (迷ひ家), which is '迷' (meaning illusion or confusion), and add '羊' (meaning sheep), we get a neuter given name (or epithet) 'Meiyou' (迷羊) which not only sounds like the condiment, but also fulfills the requisites of being a derivative of setting--one that might be made up on the spot--and carrying an appropriate meaning ('lost sheep').

About this this arguing over the route being boring, we already have Chen performing necromancy, so I don't think Mayohiga has to be necessarily boring. I'd personally like to see a Chen route, where we're taking alongside to explore the real underbelly of Mayohiga. You know, the stuff Yukari and Ran just won't talk about--the terrible things that need to happen behind the scenes to keep Gensokyo in working order. Less selective methods for the acquisition of the blood contractually owed to the vampires than which Akyu describes. The spiriting away of hapless outsiders to keep the more wild youkai fed and torpid. Subjugation, extortion, bribery, and underground imprisonment of the powers, entities, and deities who should rightfully have control of the land and its people, and what was so terrible as to drive the dragons away from Gensokyo, what should be a haven for them. There's the mystery surrounding the botched Youkai Invasion of Luna. There's the brutality of the vampire war and the formation of the human-youkai alliance, and what great hurdles must have been overcome, through diplomacy or subterfuge, to cement it. And how involved is Yukari in the selection and upbringing of the Hakurei shrine maiden, who appears to have no living relatives? Yukari is one who has a finger in every pie and takes a share in all that was done, from the emigration of the Oni from Youkai Mountain to having a personal friend installed by the Yama as most powerful unliving person in Gensokyo.

Not that Chen has necessarily been witness to all these things herself, just that there should be records of a sort, plans drawn up, and notes from Yukari's secretary, Ran. She's still a good person for the main to start with, since she knows the least and would be most curious herself, being a cat, after all, and as the youngest is most likely to blab about it to a stranger, especially one she can control (almost as if he were her own shikigami--at least he'd be more fun to play with than the other souls). We also know that she has few duties and is left alone at Mayohiga for long periods of time.

The written canon suggests there's more to the master-shikigami dynamic than absolute servitude and control. The contract almost seems almost like being an avatar, in that the shikigami can potentially be as strong as the master, but only by complete submission of their will. However, the desire for personal power, or conversely, being coerced into it, which are the only reasons I can think of for one to enter such an agreement, means that they have their own wills and ends, which by nature are going to bring them into conflict with their master's will.

And one thing that has never been explored is Chen's relationship to Yukari. If she's absolutely loyal to Ran as her shikigami, then she should have some latent degree of hostility toward Yukari, who not only competes for attention, but could even be seen as a threat to Ran, or herself, due to the contingent existence of shikigami on their master. Being under, or being close to someone under the thumb of a domineering person like Yukari is bound to instill some passive-aggressive tendencies.

Maybe I'm just tired of seeing her as a wild animal in the trappings of a moeblob. As portrayed in canon and out of it, she's generally weak, stupid, and violent, when we know there must be something Ran saw in her for her to take her as her own.

Besides, tuna is typically served with Meiyou anyway.
>> No. 18563
>>18562

This one has a valid point and view... Who's to say that there can't be a route for Chen; and no it does not necessarily have to be the sort that can be "expected" towards the more prominent characters.

One of an incredibly deep bond, perhaps beyond what she has with Ran or the same strength but entirely different in perspective. Not sure how I can really put it better...
>> No. 18564
>>18562
>And one thing that has never been explored is Chen's relationship to Yukari. If she's absolutely loyal to Ran as her shikigami, then she should have some latent degree of hostility toward Yukari, who not only competes for attention, but could even be seen as a threat to Ran, or herself, due to the contingent existence of shikigami on their master.

I think that's complete bullshit.
>> No. 18565
>>18562

This whole post is kind of dumb. Stop thinking deeply on lolis and realize that this is a silly H story meant to focus on MILFs.
>> No. 18566
File 124883983152.png - (292.67KB, 1250x1425, chensmirk.png) [iqdb]
18566
>>18562
>> No. 18567
>>18562

Meiyou's not a bad name

And interesting poitns there.

I think Ran would know the most about such dealings since she's the main one making them happen.

Chen would have some insight to things. (I suspect she's similar to fan, an often cute girl with surprising insights to the workings of the area she's at)

We might actually find out more about Yukari, since if we did another starting rotue first, we might assume Yuyuko as a purely moeblobish glutton in a rather one dimensional sense.

Perhaps a Yukari route might show light on why she does certain things and such. And perhaps insight on all of Gensokyo. (But I think that's something she'd let very few people know about.) So as a possible result on other routes we most likely see Patchwork's Yukari as we know her right now.

I wonder about how things in the dream world will be..
>> No. 18568
File 124885163282.jpg - (70.43KB, 511x500, You WISH Yuuka was also there.jpg) [iqdb]
18568
[X] Go find a bathroom. You need to wash your face, or have a bath or something.
[X] You're a ghost, experiment a bit. At least see if you can walk through walls.
[X] Or try changing how you look. Who says ghosts can't be shapeshifters? Go for a... butterfly look.

***

Thinking about it, a good, long, relaxing bath sounds like it should help; hell, just washing the tear trails off your face ought to make you feel better. Brushing the sheets aside, you struggle out of bed, your legs shaking unsteadily as you get on your feet... hope that bathroom isn't too far; you're not sure you can deal with having to move around too much. You give your still quivering knees a rueful slap, though you don't expect it to do much.

You take a deep breath to steady yourself, and while you wait to get your balance working again, you take notice of your clothes for the first time. Did one of your hostesses change your clothes before putting you to bed? You definitely weren't wearing this ensemble before.

It's a jacket, and a long skirt tied with a sash, and that's about it. The sash and skirt are both a simple solid black, and the skirt hangs down to the floor. The jacket is a little strange; first off it has an odd color scheme, consisting mostly of a deep shade of violet, and patterned with the outlines of wispy clouds in a striking orange; secondly, its actual design is an odd fusion of western and oriental tastes, with a series of solid clasps down the front that remind you of a modern article of clothing, and large baggy sleeves that sort of remind you of the ones Ran used last night, though these lack any sort of cuff.

Weird. Seems kind of familiar though, like you've worn it before at some point. You kind of have a hazy feeling that there's something similar to this that you may have seen... kind of blue?

As you have that thought, your clothes begin to change right before your eyes. The deep violet fades to a pale powder blue, and the orange deepens and changes until it becomes a dark, rich royal blue. Then the clouds start to move, shifting and disappearing until only the clouds on the sleeves remain. In place of the discarded clouds, a medium sized butterfly icon appears on the left shoulder; a trio of slightly small butterfly icons appears on the right shoulder; and on the front appears one large butterfly marking right over your heart, surrounded by three smaller butterflies, one on each side of it and one below, all four of them featuring long trails on the bottom of their wings, which curve around and weave together in an intricate design that takes up the rest of the space on the jacket's front. It's actually a fairly pretty design, and it calms your heart a little to see it, though you can't say why.

As much as you'd love to ruminate over these clothes and their sudden change longer, however, the taste of bile is rising in your throat. Watching that bizarre shift in appearance take place did not do anything good for your empty, slightly upset stomach. Choking down the urge to gag, you decide to get back to your master plan of getting to a bathroom, perhaps for one more reason than before.

Stumbling over the sliding door, you grasp it tiredly. How convenient would it be if you could just--

Oh. Hello.

Once the silly notion occurs to you, it just kind of happens. Your hand phases through the door, and out the other side. You waggle your arm curiously, and find that it passes through the barrier without leaving a scratch. Surprised, but gladdened by having one less thing to worry about, you opt to just step through the door instead of open it. Convenient. Comes naturally, too.

Well, you're not sure where exactly in the house you are, so, after a look back and forth down the hallway, you set off in a randomly chosen direction and hope for the best. Shuffling along, you peek through various doors in search of a restroom. Guest bedroom, guest bedroom... okay, those three doors have nameplates, so no going in there... library, study. Ah, here we go! Bathroom!

Occupied bathroom.

Standing halfway through the door, you stare dumbly at a once again very naked Yukari Yakumo, who is paused mid-scrub with a bar of soap in hand as she sits in the tub on the other side of the room. Now that's a sight, her skin gleaming with water, her damp hair clinging to her... looks like she's using bubble bath of all things though, and it does a decent job of covering her modesty. Running your eyes up her body, you eventually lock gazes with her.

As the two of you stare at one another in an awkward silence, it occurs to you that perhaps phasing through walls was not the best of ideas when looking for a bathroom.

***

[ ] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.

[ ] Laugh. This is the second time you've encountered her. That makes it two-for-two encountering her under embarrassing circumstances.

[ ] ... she hasn't told you to leave. Yet.

[ ] Fuck it. Wash face. Now.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18569
[x] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.

Oh my.
>> No. 18570
[x] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.
>> No. 18571
[X] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.
>> No. 18573
[X] Close your eyes, bow, apologize and exit the room.

It should be a peculiar sight, seeing us bowing while halfway through the door.
>> No. 18574
[x] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.
Nice and awkward.~
>> No. 18575
[†] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.

Our ghostly Half-Life is in danger! Where is your brother John Freeman in this time?!
>> No. 18576
[X] Close your eyes, bow, apologize and exit the room.

Try to have some grace during this and hopefully not have her mad at you. (If we're lucky she might just think of it as an innocent accident or be flattered. Those 'old hag' remarks might get to her at times)
>> No. 18577
[X] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.
>> No. 18578
File 124886561581.png - (6.37KB, 368x264, 1240176369799.png) [iqdb]
18578
>>18575
>> No. 18579
[X] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.
>> No. 18580
[X] Close your eyes, bow, apologize and exit the room.
>> No. 18581
[X] Close your eyes, bow, apologize and exit the room.
>> No. 18582
>You WISH Yuuka was also there.jpg

Do I ever.

[x] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.

Sort of going through an existential crisis here.
>> No. 18583
[+] Close your eyes, bow, apologize and exit the room.

Surely we can't get stuck in the door.
>> No. 18584
>>18583
...moeblob protagonist moment? What the hell, it's something interesting.

[x] Close your eyes, bow, apologize and exit the room.
[x] Wait a--you're stuck!
>> No. 18585
[x] Fuck it. Wash face. Now.
>> No. 18586
[x] Close your eyes, bow, apologize and exit the room.
>> No. 18587
Called. Writing will commence soonish.
>> No. 18589
>>18587

hooray
>> No. 18590
File 124899799679.jpg - (523.35KB, 1048x1071, Happy Fox.jpg) [iqdb]
18590
>>18587

Or maybe I'll get dragged away from the computer for part of the night, and spend the rest of it wallowing in apathy thanks to allergies.

[X] Just stay silent and step out of the room. There really are no words.

***

Keeping your eyes even with hers, you slowly and silently extricate yourself from the door, and step back into the hall. There are no words for this situation. Feeling even more drained than you did before, you back against the wall and just let go, sliding down and slumping to the floor with a sigh. You could really use that bath now.

About ten or fifteen minutes later the bathroom door slides open, and Yukari steps out with a towel wrapped around her body. Another slightly strained silence passes, shorter this time, before she glances both ways down the hall, and walks over to... pat you on the head? Though she has a very faint pink staining her cheeks, the blond beauty looks more amused than abashed.

She also looks rather tired, come to think of it. Her eyes are a little dull and drooping, and as if to confirm your suspicions, she covers her mouth and yawns. Looks like she might have had the same idea as you when it came to taking a bath. The two of you eye each other for a few seconds longer before she turns and shuffles off toward the room marked with her nameplate, evidently not in the mood to talk much.

Well, that went better than you might have expected it to, at least. She seemed pretty understanding of the whole thing... or maybe just a little too tired to care. Regardless, it looks like the bathroom is open now, so you go ahead and take it for yourself.

---

Wow.

You step out of the bathroom smelling like the girliest assortment of fruits and flowers imaginable, and feeling like a million bucks. The only toiletries available to you may have been a wide assortment of scented soaps, shampoos, and conditioners that you'd get called a flaming sissy for even thinking of using, but damn it if that hot bath wasn't the most relaxing experience you've ever had. First time in ages that you've actually used bubble bath - hey, it was there - and there is something remarkably therapeutic about it.

As you stand stretching in the hall, Ran rounds a corner and catches sight of you. She gives you a warm smile as she comes up to exchange morning greetings with you, and folds her arm in that same strange way that she did last night.

"Well, good morning. You're looking better." Before you have the chance to reply, she sniffs at the air a few times and snickers. "Smelling better too."

"So glad to be of service," you remark wryly. Of course, she's probably right.

"I'm not so sure you have been. That you smell more like Yukari now is perhaps more worrying than the alternative." The woman laughs at her own joke, hiding her grin behind her sleeves as her large batch of tails wag back and forth. You can't help but chuckle yourself; she's certainly in a good mood this morning, and it's contagious. Once she gets herself back under control, she bows slightly. "I apologize," she giggles, "I should behave myself. I was preparing breakfast and Miss Yukari sent me to fetch you; would it be alright to ask for you to join us?"

"Of course. I'd love to." Truth be told you still don't have much of an appetite, but it would be pretty rude to decline an invitation at this point. Plus, it'll be a good opportunity to get some questions answered.

"Right this way, then."

Ran leads you down a hall or two, back to the dining room you used last night. Seems like this building isn't as large as you'd thought; there's no doubt that it's probably bigger than the average home, but it's not a mansion by any means. You don't even have the time to really mull over your thoughts before your reach your destination.

When you arrive, you find that Chen and Yukari are already seated at the table, though they're both less than fully awake; Yukari is as drowsy as last you saw her, and Chen's eyes are halfway shut as she rests her head on the table. This time, at least, Yukari is actually decent - she's wearing a long violet dress that, aside from the lacy cut and way it hugs her figure, is quite conservative. Yukari gives you a little wave, and Chen just bats her tails against the floor lazily.

You and Ran take your own places at the table, and you note that the only places set for breakfast are for you two - guess Yukari and Chen are too tired to be hungry or some such. Ran has prepared a simple breakfast of, interestingly enough, pancakes with a side of scrambled eggs, and you gather up a fair portion for yourself; you still lack an appetite, so you take less than you normally would, but it feels kind of nice to be doing something nice and routine. Normal.

Breakfast passes in uneventful quiet. When you've finished, Ran collects the dishes, and Yukari speaks up.

"It looks like you're feeling better."

You nod.

"That's good, that's good." Yukari stifles a yawn and straightens up to a more respectable position. "Well, let's not beat around the bush. I'm sure you have a lot of questions you want to ask, so please go ahead. The three of us will try to answer them as they come, but please excuse me if some of my answers are a little difficult to understand, I'm still quite tired; the same goes for Chen, of course."

Yukari reaches out and scratches Chen's ear, and the cat-girl smiles, rubbing her head along Yukari's hand.

***

[ ] What questions would you like to ask? (Specify)
>> No. 18591
[X] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"
[X] "If you don't mind me asking, what's with all the 10%?"
>> No. 18592
[X] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18593
[X] "What am I? What are you?" [X] "Why did I end up here?"
>> No. 18594
[X] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18595
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven?"
[x]"Are you goddesses?"

back with a vengeance
>> No. 18596
[X] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18597
[X] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18598
[x] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18599
[x] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18600
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[x] Ask about being an "outsider"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"

Come on, it's a reasonable guess.
>> No. 18601
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[x] Ask about being an "outsider"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"

Dammit people, don't be boring!
>> No. 18602
[x] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18603
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[x] Ask about being an "outsider"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"

We may be dead, but our sense of humor shouldn't be too affected.
>> No. 18605
>>18603
It's not even a joke, why wouldn't we assume this is the afterlife? If I died and went to a strange place where I was taken in by beautiful women with animal ears/tails and had the best bath ever, that would seem like some kind of heaven to me.
>> No. 18606
[x] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18607
[+] "So ... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[+] Ask about being an 'outsider'
[+] "Do you know how I died?"
[+] "Last question: if I'm dead, how did I just eat breakfast? Touching things I think I can deal with, but that--that doesn't seem to make sense."

Go, afterlife Timey Wimey Ball!
>> No. 18609
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[x] Ask about being an "outsider"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18610
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[x] Ask about being an "outsider"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18611
>>18607
NO! NO LOGICBOMBS THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING!

[X]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[X] "So, how am I was an 'outsider'?"
[X] "Do you know how I died? Was it in a blaze of glory and manliness?"
>> No. 18612
[x] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18615
[X]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[X] Ask about being an "outsider"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18616
[x]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[x] Ask about being an "outsider"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18617
[X]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[X] Ask about being an "outsider"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"
>> No. 18618
[X]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[X] Ask about being an "outsider"
[X] "Do you know how I died?"

Great justice, etc.
>> No. 18619
[†]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[†] "So, how am I was an 'outsider'?"
[†] "Do you know how I died? Was it in a blaze of glory and manliness?"
>> No. 18620
[†]"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[†] "So, how am I was an 'outsider'?"
[†] "Do you know how I died? Was it in a blaze of glory and manliness?"
>> No. 18621
Better start a new thread as this one has hit autosage...
>> No. 18624
[x] "So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
[x] Ask about being an "outsider"
[x] "Do you know how I died? Was it in a blaze of glory and manliness?"
>> No. 18632
[x] "So, apparently I'm dead... but I don't think this place is any sort of afterlife. And you said I was an 'outsider'. Where is this place and what am I doing here?"
[x] "Do you know how I died?"

Yukari patted you on the head. Face it: You are not dashing--you are moe. You'll endear yourself more with confusion than jokes of hopeful vainglory & mistimed flattery.
>> No. 18635
>>18632
>"So... if I'm dead, is this heaven? Are you goddesses?"
This is confusion, why are people not getting that? Is it worded poorly or something? I don't see how you could say that and sound "dashing".
>> No. 18636
>>18632

I second this since he does have a good point.
>> No. 18639
>>18635
If it sounds too flirty, then let's fall back on specifics. Rather than "goddesses" in general, ask Yukari is she is - and after a moment of thought - Ame-no-Uzume.
>> No. 18643
I'm here to say: I'm calling the votes.

Sorry for the lack of activity; for once it's not entirely my fault. Haven't had a lot of time to use the computer today, and yesterday... well, a city-wide service failure on the part of my ISP, followed by this site itself going down was not conducive to writing.

Getting started on the writing now, update comes some time tomorrow.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x