- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 17586)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 124555280245.png - (618.69KB, 568x600, Renko&Mary005.png) [iqdb]
17586 No. 17586
"...That works, I guess." Tilting your head to one side, a slight feeling of hesitation causes you to hold back a few words. "... but... Do you think Youmu could spend the night here, with us? Only tonight, that is."

"...Hmm. I wonder." Holding one hand to her head, your mother seems to think about the situation for a few moments, while making a low, annoyed sound. "...Yes, I suppose that's fine. Just make sure that all the other parties involved are fine with it."

With a nod and a smirk, Renko gives Junko a thumbs up as a show of good faith. At first she seems surprised by the gesture, but after another moment she smiles and returns the thumbs up, staring warmly at you and Renko. After sitting there another few seconds, Renko jolts back up and runs out the door, shouting at you to follow her.

As you get up to go, your mother grabs your shoulder to stop you. Turning around, you can see a concerned look in her eyes, even though her smile is still a very warm and happy one. Taking a step back, you look at her face as she gets ready to speak, wondering what she might have to say.

"...I can see that you two have become... closer." Saying that, she folds her arms across her chest as her smile diminishes, though only slightly. "...Aoi, please tell me. Do you have a romantic interest in Renko, now?"

"... Oh... Well, I..." Lost for words, you merely stumble for a moment, unsure of what to say. Just telling her is too much, but lying is out of the question. You could never lie to your mother. "... Well... I guess you could say that, maybe."

For a moment, she only stares at you, looking slightly unsure and just as concerned as she had been before. Resisting the urge to look down and escape her gaze, you continue to look right back at her, until she starts to smile again.

"If you really do feel that way about that girl, then I'll trust that you've made the right choice." Tousling your hair a little, she gives you a hug before walking over to the doorway herself. "Just don't do anything that would make your father disappointed, okay?"

Nodding, you follow her out the door, and watch her walk off towards the "normal" library. Turning about, you can see that Renko was outside of the room all along, most likely listening in on the conversation. You two exchange glances, and she begins to speak as a smile comes to your face.

"... Aoi... What ever happened to your real dad, anyway?" Cocking her head to one side, Renko begins to walk slowly down the hall, and you walk alongside her. "I heard from your mom that he had a feminine figure like yours, but... I don't know much else besides that."

"Dad was... He was really caring, and nice." Recalling memories of your birth father, your smile warms up a little more as you think of what all to say. "Him and mom met in high school, and only had one big fight before they got married. My mom even says that I look like he did at my age..."

Renko props her arms back behind her head and whistles, and you look down to the floor, blushing with that same silly smile on your face. In an atmosphere like this... It feels like all the problems of the normal world have simply melted away. This brings the thought to your mind, that it would be nice to live in an atmosphere like this together with Renko some day, talking about old times together at night...

"He must have been a really cute guy, then." Saying that, Renko grins and grabs you around the shoulders, giving you a hug. A blush rises up to your cheeks as she continues to speak. "Still, what happened to him? Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's okay..." Fidgeting a little, you feel your heart pounding from inside your chest. "Or, I mean... I think he is. He didn't die or anything, he just one day... vanished."

"Vanished? What's that supposed to mean?" Frowning, Renko shakes her head. "Are you saying that he abandoned you and your mother?"

Shaking your head quickly, you insist that she's wrong. She may not have ever known him, but you know that your dad would never do something like that to you and your mother, no matter what the circumstances may have been at the time.

"No, no! That's not the case at all! He didn't abandon us, he just..." Pausing, you think about how you should say what's been on your mind. "...One day, he just sort of... vanished. In the middle of a shower, he disappeared from the house."

"...That's kind of creepy, you know it?"

Nodding, you look around to realize that you're in the foyer of the mansion. To the left is the hallway with the staircase to the underground library, back behind you is the way up and to that room you had been in, and to the left is... A familiar figure moving through a group of maids. Blonde hair, braided, and a maid outfit of her own...

Rubbing your eyes, you look up to see no sign at all of a maid who looks like that. Walking towards the staircase, you think of what you might do next.

[ ] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
[ ] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, and ask her to help you look for her really quick.
[ ] Tell Renko that you would rather be alone with her right now, preferably in the back garden.
Expand all images
>> No. 17614
[X] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
>> No. 17621
>"No, no! That's not the case at all! He didn't abandon us, he just..." Pausing, you think about how you should say what's been on your mind. "...One day, he just sort of... vanished. In the middle of a shower, he disappeared from the house."

>"...That's kind of creepy, you know it?"

Yes. Almost as if he were spirited away by some capricious demon.

I wonder if that's why Junko hates Yukari with such passion.

[x] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[x] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
>> No. 17629
[X] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[X] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.

Aoi's dad = Either one of the maids or working as "waitress" at that bar they were in earlier.
You heard it here first!
>> No. 17632
[x] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[x] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
>> No. 17633
[X] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[X] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
>> No. 17634
[X] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[X] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
>> No. 17641
[X] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[X] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
>> No. 17645
[X] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[X] Continue with Renko down the staircase, to meet Youmu and Mary.
>> No. 17657
[z] Tell Renko about the person you thought you saw, but you won't worry about her right now.
[e] Tell Renko that you would rather be alone with her right now, preferably in the back garden.

Renko Uber Alles.
>> No. 17658
I'm guessing the Han's underground library is going to undergo a severe lightening of stock.
>> No. 17679
>>17658

An astute observation.
>> No. 17680
>>17621
An interesting observation, if not the most obvious one to make, hmm?

>>17629
Haha. Didn't think someone would say something like that.

>>17658
Possibly so. It would make sense for things to work that way, no?

On that note, I just realized that this was updated on Saturday and that it is currently Wednesday. I admittedly feel disgusted with myself for putting an update off for this long, so you can expect one some time soon.
>> No. 17681
"Hey, Renko?" Looking at Renko, you can see that she's already looking at you. "I saw somebody back there just a second ago. It looked like Eliza, and... Nevermind, let's just go down."

"...Sure, I guess." Shrugging, Renko has an air about her that makes it seem like she's just as confused by your words as you'd expect her to be. "I guess we should keep an eye out anyways, but... Yeah, let's just go see Mary."

Continuing down the staircase, the two of you slowly come upon that door to the underground library. In the back of your mind, you note the existence of that room you saw before... but for now, you'll have to ignore it, too. Slowly opening the door, light pours out and temporarily blinds you. What's to be seen when your vision clears is...

"..." Sitting at a desk, Maribel looks up at the two of you with a slightly agitated look on her face. "...Did she tell you about this?"

Tell you about what...? Looking around, you immediately notice something out of place. The shelves in this room are largely empty, and the book that Mary is holding is... Alice in Wonderland. Just a normal book, as opposed to her books on witchcraft and devilry that normally clutter the air around her.

"Were all of your demon books taken out of here?" Scratching her head, Renko asks what had been on your mind. "I'm not too surprised if they were, considering recent events."

"...Yes, I suppose that it does make sense." Sighing, Mary puts a bookmark into the text she was holding, and sets it down. "... Besides, I have a few volumes hidden somewhere else. I guess I at least have those to fall back on."

That last statement worries you, seeing how much damage all of Mary's reading has caused up to this point. Panning your vision away from this scene, you notice Youmu who has been sitting silently with a few books around her, looking at the three of you. Sitting to the side, she has "Good Omens" and "Lolita", and in her hands is... A book called "Primrose Path".

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but..." Reluctantly, Youmu breaks into the conversation as you notice her. "I think Miss Yuyuko must be waiting for me to return. If we could wrap this up a little faster..."

"Actually, we decided that we'd stay here for the night!" Announcing that, Renko gives Youmu a thumbs-up gesture while sporting a big grin. "If it's fine with her, do you think you'd like to spend the night here, with us?"

For a moment, Youmu merely seems to consider this option. While she does this, Mary starts to move around and pull a few other books out of the bookcase, including two books by an author named "King", and another penned by a man named "Poe". Setting those down with her other books, she sighs heavily as Youmu starts to speak.

"I guess that works out well enough... I think Miss Yuyuko has enough food to last until the morning, so it should be alright... but, I really don't think that would be proper behavior for a servant, so I must decli-"

"Oh come on, it's fine!" Giving Youmu a pat on the back, Renko laughs exaggeratedly. "You serve her all the time, right? So it's fine if you take one night off and live like a normal girl, isn't it?"

For a second, Youmu says nothing. Then, slowly, she starts to nod in agreement to Renko's words. As this takes place, Mary makes her way towards the door, carrying her books with her. She still looks somewhat angry, but you can see that she isn't mad at you... However, if she's mad at your mother, there must be room for concern.

"If that's solved, then let's hurry to my room. These books are really heavy when they're all stacked up like this." Somehow, while holding all those books in her hands, Mary manages to get the door to open back up. "I'm going to go on ahead, if you don't mind."

With that, Mary leaves the room, and only you, Renko, and Youmu are left. For a moment you just look at each other before getting Youmu's books and going up the staircase as well. After entering the hallway, you look around to see that Mary had dropped one of her books while making a rush to her room. Picking it up, you can see that it's the same one she was reading.

"I wonder why she's in such a rush..." Scratching her head, Renko puffs her cheeks out in thought. "Well, whatever the reason, I think just sitting around in a room is boring... Do either of you think there's something more fun that we could do?"

[ ] "We could get Mary and spend some time out in the garden. That might be fun."
[ ] "You two can go on ahead, I'm going to tell mom about Mary's 'hidden volumes'."
[ ] "How about... we get something to eat and take it up with us? That might make Mary a little happier."
>> No. 17682
>A book called "Primrose Path".

Oh my, looks like Youmu is a dirty little girl.

[X] "We could get Mary and spend some time out in the garden. That might be fun."

At any rate, we already ate.
>> No. 17684
[x] "You two can go on ahead, I'm going to tell mom about Mary's 'hidden volumes'."

Uh oooooh.
>> No. 17686
File 124588676953.jpg - (288.01KB, 1077x1500, PP001.jpg) [iqdb]
17686
>>17681
Also, "To be 'led down the primrose path' is an idiom suggesting that one is being deceived or led astray, often by a hypocrite. The primrose path also refers to someone living a life of luxury apparently linking primroses to libertine indulgence."

[+] "How about... we get something to eat and take it up with us? That might make Mary a little happier."

The responsible option is 2, but I have a feeling we'll be needing those books.
>> No. 17687
>Good Omens

Oh dear. I hope Youmu's book selection isn't foreshadowing anything.
Otherwise, someone's going to be driving a flaming car before this story ends.

[X]How about... We get something to eat and take it up with us? That might make Mary a little happier.
>> No. 17688
[X]How about... We get something to eat and take it up with us? That might make Mary a little happier.
>> No. 17689
Hello, did anyone happen to achive the original Border Crossing threads written by EX Nine? If yes, can you please upload them? Thanks in advance.
>> No. 17690
>>17689

They aren't a part of this story, and they're not very good, so... I don't see why they'd be archived.
>> No. 17695
[X] "How about... we get something to eat and take it up with us? That might make Mary a little happier."

>>17689
Keep in mind that Nine was the one who asked for these to be removed from the site, and was initially against these being posted(I don't think he's entirely happy with this even now). They're not nearly as good as AoD, and being more than year old, age really shows. If you still feel like reading these, go ahead.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t20jhanyhnm
Border Crossing comes before Reloaded obviously. I used 7zip, so you might have some problems with opening the archieve.
>> No. 17696
No updates for a day or two. Depressed. Useless. Sage.
>> No. 17755
File 12463298606.jpg - (181.85KB, 612x780, Renko&Mary019.jpg) [iqdb]
17755
"Mm... How about we get some snacks and take them up with us?" Holding the rim of your skirt, you allow your vision to slowly pan away from Renko. "That might make Mary a little happier, right?"

"...We just ate, though..." Crossing her arms, Renko turns her eyes up in thought. "...Well, we could always eat them later, when we do get a little hungry... So, it's decided!"

Pumping her fist in the air, Renko says that before taking a hold of your arm. Pulling you along as she goes up the steps, Youmu following closely behind. Instead of stumbling and blushing, you find yourself thinking as the three of you walk towards the kitchen... Thinking about the current situation, the fates of the previous servants, Mary's role in all of this, and just what Yukari herself may be.

Despite being so quick to kill so many people, she's acted civil around you... for the most part. It's easy enough to see why Yuyuko and the Prismrivers are concerned about her, and saying that she's acting far too strange, unlike her normal self. If that's true, does that mean her normal self is the civil side, or the homicidal side?

As you continue to ponder these things, you find yourself entering the kitchen, which has brighter lights than the hall did. It takes a minute, but your eyes slowly adjust to the light in this room.

The floor has a white tile, and the counters look to be made of stainless steel. Cabinets are up above the counters, made of some finely polished wood, and multiple tools litter the room. As you walk further into the room, a maid with a tray occupied by a pastry and some chestnuts exits, apparently in a rush.

"So... I wonder what the current stock is." Saying that, Renko opens the door to the refrigerator, and takes a brief moment to look around inside of it. "There's some of those pastry things, some yogurt, fruit... Youmu, could you check the pantry?"

Nodding, Youmu steps into the pantry. A few moments pass as she rummages around in there, before coming out with four stuffed breads and a small bag of candies. Appraising the selection, Renko nods while holding her chin in one hand.

"Okay... We'll take two of these things from the fridge, two of those buns from the pantry, and maybe some candies and yogurt." Opening a cabinet, she pulls out a small bowl and a platter, before setting the bowl down and putting a few of the candies in it.

"That works pretty well, doesn't it?"

"...I guess it does." Looking to Renko, you stop daydreaming and start to arrange the small selection in a neat pattern. "We should hurry up, before Mary wanders off."

Both Renko and Youmu nod, and you shortly follow suit. Walking out into the hall, the three of you barely miss running into one of the new maids, who seems alarmed to see you here. Fidgeting around for a moment, she seems to search for her words, before quietly taking the platter from you and carrying it herself. After uttering a small "Thank you", the three of you make your way towards Mary's room, with the maid in tow.

It's kind of awkward, to be walking with a near-stranger and a strange maid in a place this familiar... It may be true that Youmu is an apparent ally, but you need to find out more about her before you can be certain. It's also true that the maid is employed by your mother, but, even as her son, you can't help but find something about her to be suspicious.

After thinking that, a strange thought comes to your mind. The thought that you might just be thinking too much, or maybe too little. Brushing it off, you enter Maribel's room with the other three, and take a seat. After setting the plate down, the maid bows respectfully and takes her leave, leaving the four of you to yourselves.

"So, you brought something to eat with you, huh..." Tapping her chin, Maribel looks between the three of you and her book. "...Well, we might get hungry while talking."

Setting her book down, she looks over the three of you before nodding to herself, and putting a bookmark into her text to mark her place. She then starts to rub her eyebrows, before turning her attention to Youmu.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave the room for now. I'm not sure if I can trust you, so you're a hazard to my friends." Saying that, Maribel brushes a lock of hair back from her face. "I hope you understand."

[ ] "Why do you want her to leave, and why are you calling us 'friends'? She's more of a friend now than you are."
[ ] "She can't leave, she's... my... She's my bodyguard, in case someone like Yukari might appear."
[ ] Be quiet and wait to see what happens.
>> No. 17758
[x] "A hazard to you, you mean? I have more trust in her than Yukari's uncontrollable pets or these strange people walking the corridors."
[x] Ask Youmu that she indulge in Mary's paranoia anyway, and keep watch outside the room; you want to make sure your conversations aren't being overheard by anyone else, and someone should be keeping an eye out for suspicious maid activity.

You can always fill her in when she comes back. You don't ask Youmu to leave until you reproach Mary, otherwise she'll think you're taking her words to heart, but if you're too harsh on Mary she'll clam up.
>> No. 17759
[X] "A hazard to you, you mean? I have more trust in her than Yukari's uncontrollable pets or these strange people walking the corridors."
[X] Ask Youmu that she indulge in Mary's paranoia anyway, and keep watch outside the room; you want to make sure your conversations aren't being overheard by anyone else, and someone should be keeping an eye out for suspicious maid activity.
>> No. 17761
[X] "A hazard to you, you mean? I have more trust in her than Yukari's uncontrollable pets or these strange people walking the corridors."
[X] Ask Youmu that she indulge in Mary's paranoia anyway, and keep watch outside the room; you want to make sure your conversations aren't being overheard by anyone else, and someone should be keeping an eye out for suspicious maid activity.
>> No. 17765
[x] "A hazard to you, you mean? I have more trust in her than Yukari's uncontrollable pets or these strange people walking the corridors."
[x] Ask Youmu that she indulge in Mary's paranoia anyway (although not in those exact words, or at least not in front of Mary), and keep watch outside the room; you want to make sure your conversations aren't being overheard by anyone else, and someone should be keeping an eye out for suspicious maid activity.

What a bitch
>> No. 17767
File 124642307127.png - (192.08KB, 640x400, Defiance.png) [iqdb]
17767
"A hazard to you, you mean?" Raising an eyebrow, you once again find yourself doubting Maribel's intent. "I have more trust in her than Yukari's uncontrollable pets, or even these strange people walking around the corridors."

Hearing that, Mary's expression takes a turn for the worse. It's obvious from her gaze that she's mad at you, and that what you just said is bound to have serious backlash... but you just don't care anymore. After all she's put you through, and all that she's caused others to experience, there's no place left for tender words. Not with Maribel, at least.

Pulling on the edge of Youmu's green vest, you have her bring her head closer to yours, for the sake of hiding your words from Maribel.

"Youmu... You'll need to play along with all of this. I'm suspicious of Mary, just like everyone else, but there's a lot of problems with just saying 'no' to her. I'd appreciate if you'd use this opportunity to guard the door, and to listen in on the conversation."

"..." Pausing for a moment, Youmu seems unsure of how to respond to your words. She seems to roll them around in her head for a moment before answering. "I understand. Please... do your best to uncover the truth."

Saying that, she stands up and bows to Maribel before exiting the room. You honestly wanted to ask her what she meant before she got up, but she was too quick. Leaving it at that, you turn your attention back to Maribel as Youmu exits the room, wishing that you truly were ready for anything.

"...Well, if that's that..." Opening her book up, Mary looks over a page briefly before speaking once more. "...I'm going to be blunt. I think that Junko is suspicious."

"Whaaat? How can you say that?" Holding her head, Renko laughs in shock at those words. "She's Aoi's mother! There's no way that she could be suspicious, there's no way at all."

Picking up on the situation, it feels like you're finally realizing Maribel's goal. She wants to pass your mother off as being the suspicious one, and get rid of her... Possibly so that she can control the entire Han family? No, even that train of thought is silly.

Biting your lip, you try to focus on the situation at hand, and find yourself finding too many things to be too hard to piece together.

"That man at the hotel... They're obviously having an affair, right?" Frowning, she shakes her head. "I doubt that there was even a real video of my father's murder. She probably killed him and blamed something I had dreamed up before for doing it."

"...I can see where you're coming from, and what motivation there could be, but I..." Grinding her teeth slightly, Renko taps her forehead in thought before continuing. "I just can't see her doing that. She's always been too nice to suddenly do awful things like murder."

...Now it's a sure thing. Her argument makes some level of sense, and she has loose proof to back things up... It's just that she's being a little to accusatory, even when she's the one person that everybody is suspicious of. It's strange to even see her act this way, since she had been somewhat different at an earlier date. Are her and Yukari really so similar?

"Come on, Mary. There's no way that Junko could have done anything. It's all the fault of a nasty demon lady." Smiling, Renko laughs nervously while glancing at the wall behind Maribel. "You couldn't seriously accuse your own stepmother of murder, could you...?"

"She can't, because the so-called 'proof' is too loose and uncertain." Frowning, you say that while glaring directly at Maribel. "You're trying to make my mom into a scapegoat, aren't you, Mary? Are you really that pathetic?"

Saying something like that... It doesn't feel normal, but it definitely feels right. Crossing your arms, you continue to stare down Maribel, waiting for some form of rebuttal. Her expression, half-shock and half-embarrassment, shows that she won't be giving any good evidence any time soon.

"P... please! What do I have to cover up? I know I summoned a demon, and I know that I'm to blame for it being here, but I know that it didn't kill my father or Eliza! There's no way it could do that, because all of its sacrifices were strangers I don't know! You have no proof, you're a liar, and you're a bad one, too!"

Hearing that, you take a moment to think and to consider your options. Right now, Maribel is trying to make you into the 'bad guy'. The only way to top her is to make her confess something... but the question is, what is there to make her confess to?

[ ] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
[ ] "A demon killed them, because they fit the string of murders from years and years ago. It'd take either a demon or an organized effort to commit murders like that."
[ ] "...I don't know what to say. All I know is that you're wrong, and that this is all an act you're using for some ulterior motive."
>> No. 17769
[X] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
>> No. 17770
[ ] OBJECTION!(Phoenix Wright Style)
[ ] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
>> No. 17771
[x] OBJECTION!(Phoenix Wright Style)
[x] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
[x] "And I do have proof. I saw the video, and what he was doing to you when you killed him; that this may have been justified is the sole reason I agreed to stay and watch over you, rather than 'explain' things to my mother, who is already highly suspicious of you."
[x] "Mary, do you see how hard I'm trying to be your friend here? To protect you when the safest course of action would be wash my hands of this entire mess? Even if you loathe me to your very core, I cannot help but want to see you happy. You're my sister, for god's sake."

tsun first
dere later
>> No. 17772
[x] OBJECTION!(Phoenix Wright Style)
[x] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
[x] "And I do have proof. I saw the video, and what he was doing to you when you killed him; that this may have been justified is the sole reason I agreed to stay and watch over you, rather than 'explain' things to my mother, who is already highly suspicious of you."

Last part just ruins it.
>> No. 17773
[x] OBJECTION!(Phoenix Wright Style)
[x] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
[x] "And I do have proof. I saw the video, and what he was doing to you when you killed him; that this may have been justified is the sole reason I agreed to stay and watch over you, rather than 'explain' things to my mother, who is already highly suspicious of you."
>> No. 17774
[x] OBJECTION!(Phoenix Wright Style)
[x] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
[x] "And I do have proof. I saw the video, and what he was doing to you when you killed him; that this may have been justified is the sole reason I agreed to stay and watch over you, rather than 'explain' things to my mother, who is already highly suspicious of you."
>> No. 17775
[x] OBJECTION!(Phoenix Wright Style)
[x] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because you sacrificed them?"
[x] "And I do have proof. I saw the video, and what he was doing to you when you killed him; that this may have been justified is the sole reason I agreed to stay and watch over you, rather than 'explain' things to my mother, who is already highly suspicious of you."
>> No. 17777
[x] OBJECTION!(Phoenix Wright Style)
[x] "...How do you know that the demon didn't kill them, when they appear to fit the sacrifices? Could it be because... you sacrificed them?"
[x] "And I do have proof. I saw the video, and what he was doing to you when you killed him; that this may have been justified is the sole reason I agreed to stay and watch over you, rather than 'explain' things to my mother, who is already highly suspicious of you."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHhMH3__74M
>> No. 17778
Calling the votes now. I have to say, I never expected a write-in with an awesome attachment like that to be made for this, but I'm pleased to see it nonetheless. Expect an update some time soon.
>> No. 17780
File 124648783160.jpg - (61.79KB, 861x585, OBJECTION by a certain drawfag.jpg) [iqdb]
17780
"Hold it right there!" Saying that, you stand, pointing a finger at Maribel in an accusatory manner. "Before you start to call anybody names, let me shatter that weak defense you've chosen to hide behind!"

"What are yo-oou...?" Trembling, Mary swallows hard, more than obviously distressed by your sudden outburst. "What are you trying to do? What I said is right, and there's no ifs or buts about it!"

Smiling, you lower your arm and put one hand into the pocket of your skirt. With the condition she's in, Mary's already dug her own grave. The only thing left to do is help her climb in, and the only way to do that is to do exactly what Youmu asked you to do... To uncover the truth.

"How can you be so sure that a demon didn't kill our father and Eliza, even when they appeared to be the 'sacrifices' for summoning a 'demon'? It couldn't be because... you sacrificed them, could it?"

"Before you interrupt with your usual nonsense, I have something to add! I have proof that you killed Mr. Han, because I saw the video, and what he was trying to do to you when you killed him! This could have been justified later on, and that's the reason I agreed to stay here and watch you, instead of 'explaining' things to my mother, who has already grown suspicious of you."

The scene all at once seems to become a court, with Maribel as the culprit and you as her accuser. Renko gasps after hearing you say all of that, likely out of revelation of how likely it could be, and Mary bites her lip, looking more unsure than she ever has been. A sick urge to smile comes to you, not because of the situation, but because of how long it has taken to back Maribel into her corner.

"Come on, repeat it! 'I didn't kill my father or Eliza, because I'm a good girl who doesn't do things like sacrificing her family'. Can your conscience allow you to do that, Mary? Or is it already so long and gone that you can say that without any hint of emotion? The look on your face suggests otherwise, you know."

"I... Before you try to make anyone believe something so ridiculous, why don't you explain yourself? I waited for you and Renko to return the other night, alone in my room, and the two of you vanished for a full day. The only one who 'saw' Renko get taken by a demon was you, and the last one to see Eliza before she died was you! Aren't you just as suspicious, Aoi?"

Stopping yourself for a moment, you resist the urge to tell her that none of that was possible. It may not be possible from your own viewpoint, but it could be possible from anyone else's... Which means that Maribel wasn't nearly as incapable of making an argument as you thought she was. Still, there's much more against her than there is against you, so it should be easy enough to make her admit her crimes.

"...Before you start pointing fingers anymore, Maribel, I need to ask you. What motive would I have for doing all that? I may not have liked Mr. Han very much, but he wasn't causing me any trouble. Eliza has also done nothing to me, and has been a friend for a long time. You're much more suspicious, if you figure that your father... treated you as his own 'Yukari', to take out his desires on."

For a moment, Mary falls silent, and Renko does as well. While Maribel seems to be capable of speaking, Renko seems to appalled to even make a squeak, which is understandable when she has to watch her two friends trying to blame each other for a murder. Breathing in, you try to calm down, if only so that you can be more prepared to continue arguing.

"...How could you even... accuse him of doing that..." Saying that, Mary swallows hard, trying to mask her anger. "You can't be s-serious... can you?"

"...I'm sorry, but I'm going to ask you to say it again." Feeling only a little bit ashamed, you point your finger at Maribel once again, ready to demand the truth. "Come on, say it! 'I didn't kill my father or Eliza, because I'm a good girl who doesn't do things like sacrificing her family'. Can you say something like that, Mary...?"

"... I... I don't have to say anything, because I'm not guilty of anything." Her eyes fogging up, though only slightly, Maribel clenches her fists at her sides. "I'm as much a victim as anyone else... You can't blame me for anything, because I'm an innocent girl... Don't you believe me, Renko...?"

[ ] "She probably believes you as much as anyone else would, right, Renko? The only one who seems to believe what you're saying is your own self, Mary..."
[ ] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father, and of your own imagination. You don't need to say anything else... because you've already said enough."
[ ] "...That's enough, and I think we've all heard enough. Youmu, you can come in. Let's take Mary to my mother and explain everything."
>> No. 17784
>OBJECTION by a certain drawfag.jpg

awesome

[x] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[x] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."
>> No. 17786
[+] Let Renko answer
>> No. 17787
[+] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[+] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."

I didn't like this as first, but the more I looked at it the more I realized it's as good a way to go as any, and I really don't think there's any "perfect" solution to the Mary dilemma as of right now.

But no matter how many tears and puppy dog eyes Mary cries after this, don't ever forget: she wouldn't say those words you told her to say. She said she was an innocent girl, she said she wasn't guilty, but she never said that she didn't kill those people. Highly suspect.
>> No. 17788
[+] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[+] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbc-kFamio
Couldn't find one from PW:AA, so something from T&T will have to do.
>> No. 17789
[x] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[x] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."
>> No. 17791
[X] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[X] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."

BGM for the next update: Either one of these depending one how this turns out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsOmgr3q4sA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0aEViBypCc
>> No. 17823
[x] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[x] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."

Dread of the Grave went so fucking well with that.
>> No. 17831
[z] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[e] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."

Justice Aoi tastes like Justice. And strawberries.
>> No. 17836
[~] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[~] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."
>> No. 17859
[x] "...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, the dealings of your family's sordid traditions, and of your own imagination: You think for a moment that your 'real Mom' harbors any affection for you at all? Yukari has expressed nothing but contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here, to the point where her servants are nonplussed and rebellious, where her acquaintances admit she's become neurotic, and what's more is that she's gone through the trouble to explain all about the 'wishes' to a complete stranger in order to expedite the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."
[x] "Now Mary, my mother cares for you, and she has a great deal of respect for your judgment. However, I strongly doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone who she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I can't know what she'll do in her terror. So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, tell us: What do you want? Because this, if left as it is, seems will only end with your blood on the table or mine. And neither of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other."
>> No. 17912
Updates?
>> No. 17917
Nine told me to say this(yesterday, or was it the day before? My sense of time sucks). He's going somewhere, and won't have access to internet. He should be back at Friday, though.
>> No. 17919
I'm on edge with anticipation at seeing how Mary takes to being patronized.
>> No. 17936
>He should be back at Friday, though.

Updates?
>> No. 17962
>>17936

Sorry about that. I was really exhausted after getting home, and had to get some rest before being capable of writing this update correctly. I'll post the update some time today, so please wait warmly until then.
>> No. 17965
>>17962

Hooray!
>> No. 18001
File 124737864915.jpg - (80.71KB, 500x500, Mother Daughter relationship.jpg) [iqdb]
18001
"...Yes, you are a victim. You're a victim of your father's obsessions, your family's traditions, and of your own imagination."

Saying that, you pause and study Mary's indeterminate expression. For a few moments it seems to go from angry to sad, and then to menacing. A sliver of a grin on her face, she starts to laugh lowly while her gaze falls to the floor.

"What... do you mean? My father's very nice, and my family's traditions are fu- un... I even have my own mother, who isn't a weak woman like yours. She... She taught me about magic, and she cared for me... Yukari..."

"Do you really think your 'real mom' feels any affection for you? Yukari has only shown contempt toward you and the circumstances through which you came into being. She hates being bound here by you, to the point where her servants have even become rebellious, and to where her acquaintances say that she's been acting strange, even for a demon!"

Hearing that, Mary grits her teeth, tears flowing from her left eye. Even in her pained expression, she seems to be... smiling. Not only that, but it seems that she's laughing to herself, and, for that matter, laughing at you.

"Wooow! What a real loser you are, Aooii!" Cackling, Mary screws her face up and then relaxes it before continuing. "Do you really need to make personal attacks like that? Yukari loves me more than your whore of a mother has ever loved you! She raised me as a small girl, and taught me magic! She's so giddy from being brought back to this place that she's been celebrating the whole time!"

"Celebrating? Can you seriously call that sort of thing celebrating...?"

Saying that, Renko continues to frown, no longer phased by her friends' arguing. For a brief second Maribel flashes her a dirty look before turning her attention back to you, looking more twisted than she ever has before.

"That's right, celebrating! She's been smashing in heads and slicing throats as a way to celebrate being reunited with her precious daughter, and that's a fact! She never ever wants me to use up my wish, so that the two of us can be together as mother and daughter forever! That's why I'll never use that wish of mine, no matter how long I live!"

"...That's another thing." Cocking your head at an angle, you frown once more. "She's become so tired of all this nonsense that she told a complete stranger all about these wishes openly and freely, probably for the sake of speeding up the process. I think you can guess who that stranger is."

This seems to shut Mary up for a moment, much to your pleasure. As she bites her lower lip, you think about all the things that are being tossed back and forth, including the lies that Mary has said up to this point. It almost seems like everything that comes out of her mouth is nothing more than a poorly fabricated lie to take the place of a previous one.

"...Mary, my mother isn't a whore. She cares about you, and has a great deal of respect for your judgement." Not sure about that last line, you look to the floor for a moment as you continue. "However, I doubt she's willing to jeopardize her own life and the life of her son for that of someone she thinks murdered her husband in a simple grab for power. If she finds out about this, I don't know what she'll do in her terror..."

Looking at the desperate girl who has become teary eyed... You see that there is now a stream running from each of her eyes. Her face also has gone back to normal, and she seems to no longer be concerned about proving her innocence, but more about hearing what is left to be said.

"...That's right, you don't have to lie anymore. You killed your father, and that's something I'm now sure about." Feeling strange, you wonder why she's really stopped talking. "So... assuming that the only two people who can help you are in this room, please tell us this one thing. What do you want? I'm asking because all of this, if left as it is, will only end with your blood on the table or mine... Neither one of us wants that, no matter how much resentment we might harbor toward each other... Right?"

"...What I want is..." The edges of her mouth drooping, Mary's legs wobble a bit as she stands and looks between you and Renko. "...What I want is to... I just want everyone to accept me... To not hurt... me."

Tears still running down her face, she topples in her spot, sobbing to herself. If you can trust what she said between the sobs, then that would mean... She wants to be accepted, and to no longer be attacked by anybody.

Feeling weak, you also feel your knees give way as you fall down into your chair. Renko gets up from her own chair and grabs Mary, obviously touched by Maribel's display of some actual humanity.
>> No. 18002
File 12473787825.png - (225.90KB, 758x646, Yukari 011.png) [iqdb]
18002
...That's when the sound makes itself known from behind you. Slowly, the sound of flesh slapping flesh makes itself known as somebody applauds. Unable to turn your head, you just watch Renko and Maribel, only one of which seems to be concerned with this sound.

"...Hahahahahaha... I never thought you'd break my little Maribel like that, Watako!" Laughing, that familiar voice rings out from behind you, making Mary's eyes widen. "I really underestimated Layla's unstoppable spirit! She may just be a child, but she has enough drive for ten great men! It's really amazing, amazing! AAAAAaahahahahahaha!"

Turning your head, you face the figure behind you. With a somewhat ghastly form, the demon named Yukari continues to clap her hands together, a wicked smile on her face. Behind her are her two servants, Ran and Chen, who seem to be standing at attention while following Yukari.

"With a drive like that, you could destroy a youkai's existence! That is, if you focused that drive. Otherwise you'd just become dinner and a show, wouldn't yooouuu?"

Saying that, her form begins to become more solid and fleshy, though her servants maintain the more ghastly form. This seems to catch the attention of Renko, who stops trying to talk to Mary as soon as Yukari has seemingly revealed herself.

"...Well? Aren't you going to say something now? I mean, really. You captured one of my rooks, and you're just going to sit there and be quiet? If that's the case, then you really are a boring person, Watako!"

"...Shu ...Be quiet." Swallowing hard, you say that while the strange demon inspects her fingernails. "You aren't wanted here by anybody anymore, so you should just leave already. Don't you understand that?"

Hearing that, a grin comes to Yukari's face. Her two servants bow respectfully as she raises her fan, before opening it in front of her face.

"Is that so?" Cackling, she waves her hand to open up one of those wretched holes in space that she seems to be so fond of. "I believe there's one person present who really enjoys more company, more than Maribel ever did in her life."

"Mary~! Come on, you said you were going to teach me about a magic that makes flowers into candies and pillows into marshmallows!" An immature voice comes from within the portal, and one small hand pokes out as the voice continues to speak. "I also want to know how to make these holes with magic! They're really ni--"

Stepping out of the gap, the small girl stops dead in her tracks while looking at the four of you present. Her eyes go from Yukari to Maribel and back, and then to Renko, and then, finally, to you. Seemingly perplexed, she scratches her head while trying to assess the situation.

"Hikari! What are you doing here?" Sounding concerned, Renko swallows hard after yelling at her little sister. "And what do you mean by 'teaching magic'? How did you meet this weird woman?"

"...Ren? What do you mean? Mary's appeared in this dress a whole lot before, and taught me about all sorts of neat magical things. I thought I had told you that before..." Puffing her cheeks out, the girl seems to be more concerned about one thing than the other. "Why are there two Marys, big sis? Is one of them a fake or something like that...? Should I not talk to one of them?"

[ ] "Get away from that thing! It isn't Mary, it's a demon that looks like her!"
[ ] "A better question is why you're learning about magic in the first place..."
[ ] Remain silent and let Renko speak to her sister.
>> No. 18007
[X] "A better question is why you're learning about magic in the first place..."
>> No. 18011
She wants to trade our knight for her bishop, so let's do that. Don't forget we have another one standing right outside the door.

Yukari is going to torture Mary any way she can in order to make her use her wish, and that probably includes beating her only 'family' into a bloody paste in front of her.

[x] "A better question is why you're learning about magic in the first place..."
[x] "Take your sister home, Ren. This place is only safe for demons & ghosts, and I'm only half sure about that."

Ren is going to be forced to reveal she's been studying magic on her own, unintentionally leading her little sister down a path of ruin, or that it's part of some other ruse that is calculated to get Ren out of the equation.

Still, it provides an opportunity de-escalate the conflict such that it causes less collateral damage in the end. Hopefully, Ren gets implicit message or notices Youmu long enough to send her back inside as she leaves.
>> No. 18028
>An immature voice comes from within the portal
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-
>"Hikari! What are you doing here?"
aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

[X] "A better question is why you're learning about magic in the first place..."
[X] "Take your sister home, Ren. This place is only safe for demons & ghosts, and I'm only half sure about that."
They're all bitches.
>> No. 18029
[X] "A better question is why you're learning about magic in the first place..."
[X] "Take your sister home, Ren. This place is only safe for demons & ghosts, and I'm only half sure about that."
>> No. 18031
[x] "A better question is why you're learning about magic in the first place..."

What makes you think that they can even leave the room? Yukari is obviously going to stop them and that might end up harming Renko.
>> No. 18065
[z] "A better question is why you're learning about magic in the first place..."
[e] "But hell no, that's not Mary. Did she tell you she was? She likes to screw with people like that."

Anyone else think Mary is faking it a little?
>> No. 18091
>>18031

Uh, no. She wants Mary to feel as abandoned as possible, but killing Ren, or even appearing to do so would just harden Mary's heart more; with that we'd see Mary's mind bent even further toward keeping her here so that later on she can kill her for good.

>Anyone else think Mary is faking it a little?

She's been a pretty terrible liar the whole way through. Maybe she thinks Yukari doesn't know she'd been planning to kill her all along.
>> No. 18173
>Maybe she thinks Yukari doesn't know she'd been planning to kill her all along.

The response to her 'mother' not loving her, if she didn't truly care, then it wouldn't be charged an emotion other than pure scorn and disdain. Mary is a pro at not talking about things.

Every night, she sees what Yukari sees and hears what Yukari hears. It's very unlikely that Mary has never noticed the magic potential in Aoi, nor that she's never seen any likeness of Layla. Like Layla she herself has been taught by Yukari, but if she has any ambition at all (indeed she has it in spades), she's constantly reading magic books, hoping for a burst of inspiration that Yukari will not be able to account for, in the same way Yukari never wrapped her head around about the truth of Layla's magic.
>> No. 18303
"A better question is... Why are you learning about magic in the first place?"

"...Is that a real question?" Puffing her cheeks out, Renko's little sister seems to be baffled by your words. "It should be obvious! Magic can make marshmallows rain out of the sky, and it can make it so there's always someone around who you can play with! Magic can do anything, silly!"

Saying that, Hikari folds her arms proudly, content with her own answer. A grin widens itself on Yukari's face, and she starts to cackle madly while petting the young girls head. Hikari reacts to the sensation by twirling to fingers together and blushing, as if being praised by a teacher of some sorts. Some magical, twisted, evil monster woman sorts.

"Kyahahaha! That's right, isn't it? Magic is capable of doing absolutely anything, whether it be repairing a treasured marshmallow candy or turning water into jello! Magic can even be used to summon pets and servants to play with you all day, and to take care of you as you please! That's really useful for a girl who spends so much time alone, isn't it, Hikari?"

The young girl nods in agreement, smiling as Yukari continues to stroke her hair. Looking over at Renko, you can see that she's becoming increasingly frightened by this situation, and... Wait, what was that last thing Yukari said? "A girl who spends so much time alone"? Could it be that Renko and her parents are not spending enough time with...

"...Renko, you should take your sister home. This place is probably only safe for demons and ghosts... and I can only be half sure about that."

"Are you... Telling me to leave you and Mary here? There's no way I could do something like that, right, Mary?" Pausing, Renko swallows hard, awaiting a response. After the passing of a few seconds, she turns her attention towards Maribel. "...Mary?"

After letting go of Maribel, Renko's eyes widen at the result. With dull eyes, Mary slumps over and falls to the floor, her eyes red and puffy from crying just a short while ago. Picking her back up, Renko gives her a few good shakes before discovering that she won't be standing back up any time soon... but that she is, certainly, still alive.

"You can take Mary somewhere nice to lay down, big sis! I want to know why there's two of her, so I'll stay here with Aoi and Big Mary." Saying that, Hikari crosses her arms proudly, with a grin plastered onto her face. "It'll be fine! Big Mary won't hurt Aoi at all, because I don't want her to!"

"Yes, yes! Why don't you take your friend somewhere nice to lay down, Renko?" Saying that, Yukari opens up her fan. At the same moment, a hole appears beneath Renko and Maribel, swallowing them up into another room before closing. "Now then, Aoi. Why don't you tell sweet little Hikari everything? About how there's two Maribels, and all of that?"

For a moment, you stand there in shock, not sure what you should do. With Renko and Mary gone, the situation is even more dangerous... Although, if Hikari's words hold some truth, you should be perfectly fine so long as she's around. Holding onto that one comforting thought, you shake your head slowly, unsure of how to respond.

"...You know that I can't tell her that. There's no way she'd be able to understand it all, so quickly..."

"That's a lie!" With an angry disposition, Renko's little sister shakes her head once again. "I can understand high level magic, and all sorts of awesome magic spells! I know how to turn branches into candy canes, how to make stuffed animals walk, and even how to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! If I can understand all that, I can understand anything!"

...You'd really like to see her do all of those things, if it weren't for this situation you're currently in. Laughing, Yukari nods her head slowly, a look of understanding in her eyes.

"I see... Then, I will tell you the truth." Patting Hikari's head, she laughs loudly before speaking once again. "You see, I'm the one who brought Maribel into this world! You could even call me her mother, if you wanted to! Her mother, Yukari Yakumo!"

"Yukari... But, I thought you called yourself Maribel! You did, right? I know you did!"

Shaking her head, Yukari smiles knowingly as she fans herself.

"That's only your imagination, dear. I never called myself Maribel, I merely never told you that I wasn't her. It's as simple as that."

For a moment, Hikari looks sad... Until a grin spreads over her face, and she starts to laugh merrily in unison with Yukari. Feeling alienated, you can only watch for a time as the two chuckle and jeer together, too caught up in their own merriment to pay any attention to you.

[ ] "...If you can do all of those things, Hikari... Go ahead and show me. Turn something into candy, and prove that you know magic."
[ ] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?"
[ ] Run over and punch the demon in the face as revenge for manipulating a small child.

-----

Sorry about the lack of updates. I kept telling myself all week that "I'll write the update tonight!", and failed to do so every time.
>> No. 18305
>[ ] "...If you can do all of those things, Hikari... Go ahead and show me. Turn something into candy, and prove that you know magic."

Yeeeah. Think I'll skip the YOU HAS TOO MUCH TOXIN lecture.

[x] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?"
>> No. 18306
[x] Run over and punch the demon in the face as revenge for manipulating a small child.

Either a BAD END or a great success.
I don't think anyone'll see it coming.
>> No. 18307
[x] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?"
>> No. 18308
File 12480554455.jpg - (336.37KB, 800x600, Layla Spirits.jpg) [iqdb]
18308
Yukari often seems all smoke & mirrors. She can't touch us unless Mary, or rather apparently, Hikari, gives her the order her to. However, if she's been 'released' by the contract, then all bets are off, and she's toying with us.

Thank god we have a trump.

[x] "Let's play a game of pretend..."
[x] Run over and punch the demon in the face as revenge for manipulating a small child.
-[x] Keep striking Yukari every time she starts to speak up.
-[x] If she tries to attack you from a distance, you know you've been able to defend your self with those shields before.
-[x] Harry her with Myon, or send her to fetch Youmu. You just need to buy time to speak to Hikari.
[x] "...Let's pretend Yukari here is a demon. Summoning demons often requires a ritual of some sort. In this case the demon was summoned by the murders of Mary's father, the murder of my friend Eliza, along with a few certain other persons. The summoner did this because she thought the demon could grant her her wishes."
[x] "Let's also pretend this demon is partially under the control the person who summoned her. However, because she is a demon, she hates being forced to serve her master, and will do everything she can to subvert the master's wishes."
[x] "Let's pretend now that Mary was Yukari's master. Mary wished for a mother, to stop her father from abusing her, to take control of the cult of the cult serving her family and destroy it, so as to make sure the terrible things she did, and her father did, and generations past did, would never happen again."
[x] "Now our game of pretend gives way to an ugly reality: Mary was visited by the woman who gave birth to her, but this woman is definitely not her mother. Her father has stopped abusing her, yes, but Mary did that by her own hand. The demon killed some of the cultists, but now my mother is suspicious of Mary and is re-consolidating power to deal with their new threats, ensuring to not only the survival of the cult, but an increase in its activities. And the ones she wanted most to be kept away from it all, Renko and myself, are now inextricably wrapped in it. My mother is now the de facto head of the family, and with Mary's almost certain disinheritance--or worse--I am now the most likely heir. Renko, who wanted so much to leave Mary and this sordid business behind and go to college like a normal girl, now finds her little sister being seduced by the monster who ruined her friend Mary's life."
-[x] "This happened because demons pretend to grant wishes, when in reality, the only thing they can do is take. They take your friends, they take your family, they take your sanity, and finally they'll take your life, as had happened with her former 'master', Mary's father. As for wishes--miracles--those things require the True Magic, something a monster capable only of destruction like Yukari could never, ever understand. And how could she? Unlike you, and me, and Maribel, she's a demon, and demons are just pretend."
-[x] "Hikari, I want you to throw away the pretended things. I want you to find your sister and tell her you love her. I want you to find my sister and tell her everything will be alright. And I want you to go. Now."
[x] In the likelihood you're prevented from lecturing her by injury, tell Hikari to run and to tell your mother what happened.
>> No. 18309
[x] >>18308
>> No. 18310
>>18308
>Myon

That should read 'Nyom', of course
>> No. 18311
[ze] Something like >>18308, but with an emphasis on "Just because you CAN do something with magic doesn't mean you should." You know, the whole Pratchett approach to magic.

Also, I would highly recommend stressing the fact that Yukari just admitted to deceiving Hikari by letting her believe what she wished and not telling her the truth. And hey, if she's that untrustworthy, can she really be a good sort of person? And then work it from that angle, building off the fact that Yukari is someone who only wants bad things for everyone.

And to be honest, a lot of that write-in is going to go over Hikari's head. You're talking to a little girl who thinks she's some pretty hot shit right now. It needs some serious condensing and re-working.
>> No. 18312
>>18308
I already voted in >>18304 but I would vote AGAINST this write-in if I could take it back. Long-winded speeches do not a good post make and, like >>18311 said, you are missing your target audience. The monologue is neither a brilliant flash of inspiration (in which case, it would probably still be short) nor is it unassailable or undismissable.

Hikari doesn't mind, in her current mind state, that "Big Maribel" didn't correct her about the name; she has Yukari pegged as a "pretty nice person" regardless and we probably couldn't inflame it enough to make it significant.

Whatever is said should be careful, lest we will fall into our own trap by downplaying magic use and summoned servitude and get called out about Nyom (by Yukari, most likely).

I wonder if Youmu is still outside the door.
>> No. 18313
[x] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?"
>> No. 18314
>>18311

I just wanted to convey the idea of lecturing Hikari while punctuating it with punching Yukari in the face repeatedly. So feel free to modify it in any way you see fit.

Hikari is a little girl. And typically, harsh language and violence between adults and the resultant spilling of blood make little girls very scared, such that they'll run away to find an someone to protect them, and that is exactly what we need her to do.

True comprehension on her part is not necessary, nor is it likely even feasible.
>> No. 18315
>I already voted in >>18304 but I would vote AGAINST this write-in if I could take it back.

I don't know if someone who doesn't even know how to delete their post has any business ranting on what kind of write-in is a 'good kind'.

As far your concerns about dumbing the message down for the 'audience' see >>18314 and also know that we're speaking more to Yukari than to the child: We know her shtick. We know what she's after. And we certainly don't fucking like her.
>> No. 18316
>>I don't know if someone who doesn't even know how to delete their post has any business ranting on what kind of write-in is a 'good kind'.
You'll pardon me for being old-fashioned or something to that respect, but I do not like rescinding and re-issuing votes like I were scatterbrained. I also do not like stuffing words down the writer's throat. And just to punctuate the issue, I will delete my previous vote and repeat it below:

[+] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?"
>> No. 18318
>You'll pardon me for being old-fashioned or something to that respect, but I do not like rescinding and re-issuing votes like I were scatterbrained.

But you are scatterbrained; otherwise, you wouldn't have had to cast two votes?

>I also do not like stuffing words down the writer's throat.

The writer is always free to write as he wants to. To reinterpret and modify the write-in for the narrative. Frank interruption is another useful tool. That's not to say long write-ins are meaningless, but the longer they are, the more that must be given to the author's discretion.

Every write-in is a seed for the author's imagination. That's why they're encouraged. And if there is such a thing as having too big an imagination then it's surely better than having one that is too small, especially when small minds think their incomprehension is excuse castigate others for having thoughts larger than they are.
>> No. 18319
>>18318
Actually going through with the delete-revote was more to show that I did know how the board worked, but I suppose the end result is the same as you had put it. I meant the gesture more as indignation than anything else, and I apologize for that.

What I really don't like about the write-in is that it is composed of little more than a complete regurgitation of our understanding of the conflict delivered in a condescending manner. If our aim is to (eventually) dissuade Hikari from magic, we probably should not put ourselves into a position where we might have to rely on magic (or Nyom). Yukari has Hikari distracted by magic and promises; we don't have a shred of proof regarding any of the claims we would be making.
>> No. 18320
>What I really don't like about the write-in is that it is composed of little more than a complete regurgitation of our understanding of the conflict delivered in a condescending manner.

Which is exactly what Aoi hasn't done. Not in full. Layla's active participation in the events, the truth behind the 'wishes', and the insight toward Yukari's true goals, being is the secret of Layla's magic--these are things Aoi has never spoken of to anyone, in any manner, condescending or not. Right now he should want to show Yukari that he can see right through her, just like he did with Mary.

Yuyuko's suggestion was to make fun of Yukari, goad her, anger her, ruffle her feathers. That itself a good enough justification for doing it this way, even if Aoi weren't justifiably angry because Yukari ruined so many lives and hurt so many of his friends and was always, always laughing at him in that terribly condescending manner herself.

>If our aim is to (eventually) dissuade Hikari from magic, we probably should not put ourselves into a position where we might have to rely on magic (or Nyom).

Why would we want that? Magic is real, but that is True Magic, while the cultists and Yukari's tricks are merely mock-ups of the truth, much in the way the Prismriver poltergeists are mock-ups of Layla's real family. Aoi reveals that the effects of Yukari's 'wish' granting is illusory, and reinforces this by showing Hikari first hand that his (or rather, Layla's) utter domination over Yukari's magical hackery.

Read this part again:

>"This happened because demons pretend to grant wishes, when in reality, the only thing they can do is take. They take your friends, they take your family, they take your sanity, and finally they'll take your life, as had happened with her former 'master', Mary's father. As for wishes--miracles--those things require the True Magic, something a monster capable only of destruction like Yukari could never, ever understand. And how could she? Unlike you, and me, and Maribel, she's a demon, and demons are just pretend."

There is magic worth pursuing in this world, but it certainly doesn't involve terrible things like summoning demons and making blood sacrifices. As Layla mentioned about Yukari's bloody rampaging, such methods are far too unrefined for the Perfect Magic.

>Yukari has Hikari distracted by magic and promises; we don't have a shred of proof regarding any of the claims we would be making.

The proof will be in the pudding. Beating Yukari to a pulp in front of her, defending himself against everything she throws at him, having the appearance of absolute conviction, while Yukari has already hamstrung herself by admitting openly that she lied to the girl.

It's clear who Hikari is going to trust. Aoi would look very cool after all, and Hikari's mere admiration would be enough for her to throw her lot in with him.

But like I said, it's not so much Hikari that is the target here. Yukari needs to be [b]told.[/n]
>> No. 18322
>>18308

See I'd be all for this if it weren't for the pointless violence. Why the fuck did you even add all that? Aoi can't even put up a fight against Mary's cousin let alone a fucking demon.

Quit trying to solve everything with your fists. This is a battle of wits.
>> No. 18323
Okay, I normally don't like to interupt whatever plots and devices you all may be considering, but this requires attention. Please remember that this is just advice to avoid something that could potentially have a grissly result.

While it may be fine to lunge at her once, it would not be a good idea to try and hit Yukari again and again. Magic or not, anybody's capable of retaliating with their own fists. Another thing would be that it's not a good idea to rely on Layla's magic, even if it can be convenient on occasion. It could be like a roulette for when it would be avaliable and when it wouldn't.

As for the actual words of the write-in, they'd probably do little more than frighten Hikari and make her dislike Aoi to some extent. Little girls aren't very smart, you know.

In addition, it's somewhat worrying to have write-ins which cover everything that Aoi should be saying. I know that I'm free to change it as I wish, but adapting to it can take away some of the pure fun of writing at times.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm just trying to give a bit of advice. I'd also have to say that I'm proud of you all for being able to discuss this in a mostly civil manner. Give yourselves a pat on the back!
>> No. 18324
[x] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?"
>> No. 18325
>>18322

Unlike you I had faith in the power Layla has placed in Aoi, if it's something Yukari wants so desperately, and the innate & instinctual uses of magic Aoi has already used to defend herself and others.

Or so I thought. Clarification in >>18323 shows Aoi really is being buffeted around by forces truly outside his control.

My hope was not so much a battle of wits, but a battle of reading through bluffs, as to how much strength Yukari thinks Layla put in you, but again the clarification shows just how loaded a deck we're playing against.

>>18323

Look, it's your story man. We don't know how things will play out, that's all by your whim. You shouldn't ever feel threatened by runaway write-ins: subvert them, BAD END (and this one could've been magnificent) them, interrupt them, or ignore them entirely, but always let discouragement of certain avenues of response be expressed through your narrative. Otherwise your reader is just holding you hostage, and that's embarrassing for everyone.

>While it may be fine to lunge at her once, it would not be a good idea to try and hit Yukari again and again. Magic or not, anybody's capable of retaliating with their own fists.

Of course Yukari is capable of retaliating with her fists. But why would she? It's not like she should even feel any real pain or injury from it. Wouldn't it be more in character to laugh at the protagonists pathetic attempts to hurt her?

Even if it's to no physical effect, it's the difference between the expected outrage of the bully's favorite target to a person who is deliberately trying to maim and even kill her. Even if the would be impossible, the shock of the reversal would be more effective than the actual assault would be. This expectation is the only reason I didn't vote instead to use the Chekov's gun--Aoi has been carrying that knife since the beginning of the story, and I don't recall her ever using it.

All that we know is that Yukari wants something out of Aoi, which she has at one point called it the look of terror on our face, while at others implied it was something to do with Layla. Which is contradictory since she said she gets no pleasure out of terrorizing 'strange humans', but then calls Layla a 'strange' human, who Aoi is supposed to resemble, and apparently emulate through magic. This is an attempt to act like a 'strange human' so that Yukari will fuck off already.

>Another thing would be that it's not a good idea to rely on Layla's magic, even if it can be convenient on occasion. It could be like a roulette for when it would be avaliable and when it wouldn't.

It's in the realm of a deus ex machina then. Say no more.

>As for the actual words of the write-in, they'd probably do little more than frighten Hikari and make her dislike Aoi to some extent. Little girls aren't very smart, you know.

I think this is an aesthetic problem either with you writing if it's unintentional, or if intentional another artifact of how fucked up all the characters seem to be personality-wise. I noticed it first when Ren and Mary transitioned from coldly inspecting the gruesome murder of Eliza to eating potato chips and talking about the news in Mary's room.

I'd argue a normal little girls is smarter and more vicious than you'd give them credit for, but vicious is not so much sadism as it is belief in just retribution. Good and wrong is more black a white, and bad deeds deserve punishment. Liars do not deserve to be trusted, and murderers do not deserve play around. More importantly, children respond quite compliantly to displays of violence and harsh words from an authority figure. As I think I stated before her lasting attitude toward Aoi is immaterial; the only thing that is important is that she leave immediately, no matter if it's because she's terrified or because she's furious, simply because it's too dangerous for her to be around Yukari, and we need to confront her in private.

>In addition, it's somewhat worrying to have write-ins which cover everything that Aoi should be saying. I know that I'm free to change it as I wish, but adapting to it can take away some of the pure fun of writing at times.

Then replace the dialogue with you own entirely. Or make it you policy to reject all dialogue in write-ins. It's your story.

And you know that's like my opinion, man.
>> No. 18326
>>18325

Unlike you I had my head rooted firmly in the ground. You can't jump out on your own assumptions like that and expect to get away with it.

Also why the hell are you referring to Aoi as a she?
>> No. 18327
>>18326
Aoi is the new Wriggle.
>> No. 18328
>>18326
>Unlike you I had my head rooted firmly in the ground.

Ha!

Hahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

>You can't jump out on your own assumptions like that and expect to get away with it.

Well you sure caught me red-handed detective, but I would've gotten away with it if not for that meddling author!

>Also why the hell are you referring to Aoi as a she?

Where, pray tell, did I do that?
>> No. 18329
[X] "...If you can do all of those things, Hikari... Go ahead and show me. Turn something into candy, and prove that you know magic."
Then when she does it...
[X] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?"
[X] Run over and punch the demon in the face as revenge for manipulating a small child.

>>18328
Not the guy you were replying to, but:
>innate & instinctual uses of magic Aoi has already used to defend herself and others.
It's hilarious.
>> No. 18330
>>18329

So I forget the androgynously named trap, who may be the reincarnation of Layla, is actually a boy sometimes. Sue me.
>> No. 18331
Way too much strife. I'm going to get to writing soon.

Also, for the one who keeps arguing, you ignored the fact that I was not only sick when I wrote that, but that I admitted to it being a mistake and retconned it. If you just want to argue for the sake of pushing a point, look elsewhere.

[x] "Yukari... What have you done to this child?" won, by the way.
>> No. 18332
File 124823719961.jpg - (28.69KB, 557x650, Yukari 019.jpg) [iqdb]
18332
"Yukari... What have you done to this child...?"

"What have I done?" Sneering, the vile woman's lip quivers. "Nothing more than teach her about magic. I've only taught her about lovely things, like changing one thing into another and making inanimate objects stand and do her bidding. Is any of that so bad?"

It may not be such a bad thing to make candies and sweets appear, or to make friends appear at any time... but, knowing Yukari, she could corrupt it to make it into something vile. With that thought in your mind, you turn your attention over to Hikari, determined to shake her from Yukari's grasp.

"Hikari... You said you can do magic, didn't you?" Faking a smile, you try to be friendly with her, even in this bad situation. "Could you show me that magic, by turning something into candy?"

"Oh... Ye... Yeah! I'll turn something into candy right now!" Saying that, she searches around until she finds a pencil, and holds it up proudly. "I'm going to use magic to turn this pencil into a candy cane! Just watch and see, Aoi!"

You watch, and it seems that nothing is bound to happen for a few moments. That is, until a red line slowly appears at the base of the pencil. Working its way up, it's soon accompanied by a white line, and the two twist and turn up the pencil until they hit the tip, and they then extend farther, creating a rounded candy cane hook for the treat.

"Right, that's pretty impressive..." Clapping, you try to keep Hikari interested in what you have to say. "Now, could you show me that other thing? The thing about making dolls move?"

"I'd do that, but... I don't even have any dolls that I can use that magic on..." Frowning, the girl clicks her heels together and looks around desperately for something to use her magic on. "There isn't anything here I can use that magic on either... Aahh... Aaaaaahhhh..."

As she begins to sob, you find your bag laying around nearby, and find something you hadn't expected to find inside of it. Pulling it out of the bag, you look it over once before holding it up so that Hikari can see it in your hands. The doll made to look like Eliza, which you had found abandoned not too long ago... It may be important somehow, but it has an immediate use at this moment.

Smiling, Hikari pulls a strange pencil out of her pocket and beckons for you to hand her the doll. With a quick motion she draws a strange scribble on a sheet of paper and sets the doll down on it, before uttering some nonsensical gibberish. Watching this scene unfold, you take a step back as the doll quivers, and then stands to its feet.

"See! I can make dolls move, and I can make candies appear! Magic is awesome, awesome, awesome!"

Giggling wildly, Hikari bows in a way mimicking a magician who has just done a great trick. You can't help but smile and clap as she does this, genuinely impressed with these odd things she can do. A moment later you realize that you were going to make a point with all of this, and you return to what you had been getting at.

"Now, Hikari... You can make dolls come to life, and you can make mundane things become candies. My question, though, is... Is it okay to always be using magic?"

"...Huh? What do you mean, Aoi?" Cocking her head at an angle, the young girl holds a finger to her lips, confused. "You just saw how awesome that was... and you think that I shouldn't always be using magic? That's pretty strange..."

"My point isn't that you shouldn't use magic, Hikari. It's that you shouldn't always depend on it." Walking over to her, you pat her head as you speak. "Magic could be fun and all, but there's another side to life. The side that your sister and your parents are on, and the side that everyone else is on."

Hearing that, the girl starts to pout, obviously concerned about the mention of Renko. You slowly let go of her hair, letting her take a moment to think about things seriously... and a moment to look at Yukari, who seems to be amused by your words. It figures that a weird demon like her would just be laughing at your attempts to persuade this girl...

"...If I chose the side that big sis is on... do you think she'd play with me more often, and spend more time with me...?"

"...Of course she would. She'd be happy to see you away from someone like Yukari." Turning your gaze towards the insane woman, you frown a little. "From someone who wants to pull you to the other side, and lock you up there."

For a moment, everything seems to be silent. Hikari looks baffled, looking between you and Yukari. All the while, Yukari seems to be considering something silently, and you find yourself thinking as well. Thinking about all the things that await, and what that strange woman may have up her sleeve next...

"...Sorry, Big Mary... Yukari. I want to go see my big sis." Saying that, Hikari grabs onto your hand and looks at the demon with a mixture of awe and reluctance. "...Maybe... We can play together again some time...?"

"...Haha... I suppose so. It's most important to be with your family, anyway." Catching you off guard, Yukari actually makes a comment of a positive nature. "Go on and play with your sister. I'll always be waiting to teach you something new, and to show you a new magic friend."

The two smile at each other, and for a second you feel like you've accomplished nothing that the demon didn't want you to accomplish. With that feeling lingering in you, you can only stare blankly at the strange woman named Yukari Yakumo.

[ ] "...Right, I guess we'll be going now. Later... I think?"
[ ] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
[ ] Leave without another word, if only to get away from that weird person.
>> No. 18333
[X] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
- [X] "... besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."

You do have those, Yukari.
>> No. 18336
[X] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
- [X] "... besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."
>> No. 18357
[+] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
- [+] "... besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."

A brilliant idea, this. Let's just hope she'll actually accept it, though.
>> No. 18360
[X] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
- [X] "... besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."

Good write-in, voting for it.
>> No. 18409
[equis] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
- [equis] "... besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."

This shit will likely not work.

Also, I'd like to see the scene where we got to punch Yukari.
>> No. 18410
[X] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
- [X] "... besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."

...

[X] Punch Yukari in the back of the head as she gaps away.

lolface.jpg
>> No. 18411
[X] "...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?"
- [X] "... besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."
>> No. 18413
>>18409

Noted. I should probably do all of those scenes, like that one and the one where Aoi would give Renko a lap dance, in an extras thread once Round 1 is over.
>> No. 18420
File 124832490571.jpg - (44.57KB, 395x275, Mansion Hallway.jpg) [iqdb]
18420
"...You should get back to your family, too. Set an example for Hikari, right?" Turning your vision away, you feel a bit uneasy. "...besides, I think your own friends are worried about you right now."

"Is that... so?" Puffing her lips out, Yukari looks childish, for once. "I guess you're right. My friends are quick to worry, and normally for no good reason. It's irritating, at times..."

Giving a quick wave to Hikari, the strange woman suddenly falls through one of those strange holes and vanishes all at once. The small girl beams with joy at seeing her strange friend pull another magical stunt right before your eyes, though you could be less enthusiastic.

Pushing on the door, it shows some resistance at first, though whatever's against it must be too soft to cause that much trouble. Opening the door some more, you step out to find a passed out Youmu, with a bandage on her arm. Looking at it this way... it just looks strange for her to have that there. Sighing, you pick her up and carry her on your back, counting this one as a stunt Yukari is responsible for.

"...Hey, Aoi..." Suddenly speaking up, Hikari looks ahead with a bit of reluctance showing in her eyes. "Big sis probably wouldn't like me using magic... right?"

"...No, I don't think she would." Still walking along, knocking on a room here and there, you continue your search for Renko and Mary. "That kind of thing isn't very normal, you know. Most little girls only dream about using magic and performing spells. Unlike them, you actually do those things, don't you?"

The small girl beams merrily at that comment, probably feeling extremely special to be able to use magic. You can't help but smile too as you approach yet another room, and open its door... Showing that there's still no sign of Renko and Maribel. Sighing, you continue your search while talking to Hikari.

"So, Yukari taught you how to do all of those things, didn't she?"

"No, not all of them. Some things, like making toys move..." Suddenly falling silent, Hikari seems to consider her own words before speaking, and then goes ahead and says it. "I learned those magic spells from a really nice witch!"

As you go to knock on another door, your hand suddenly stops at those words. Realizing that you should just keep moving, you knock on the door and move along when there is no answer, before entering the entryway and ascending a flight of stairs to the second floor.

"...A witch, huh? Smirking, you shake your head a little as you walk along. "So, what did the really nice witch call herself? Something like Sakura, or maybe Sabrina?"

"No, no! She wasn't that kind of witch at all! She was a really cool witch, who was kind of glowy and invisible!" Saying that, Hikari nods her head once as she continues to speak. "...She couldn't speak, so I don't know what her name is. She just wrote on a paper, and told me that she was an old friend of Big Mary's... Uhm, Yukari."

A strange woman who couldn't speak... Your first thoughts are about that ghost woman in the bathroom of the hotel, but... There's no way that she could be the woman Hikari was talking about. She didn't look like something a little girl would call "cool".

Ending the conversation there, you open another door to see that Renko and Mary are behind it. Mary is still out like a light, but Renko is very awake. Running up to hug Hikari, she leaves Maribel where she is, laying down on one of the two beds in the room.

As she starts to whisper to her sister, you make your way over to the other bed and set Youmu down, before pulling a blanket over her.

"...Hikari, I want you to stay with us tonight, and then stay at home tomorrow..." Sounding a bit teary, Renko can be seen holding Hikari's small frame as she says this. "No playing with any demons... okay? That means Yukari, so you can't play with her... You understand, don't you?"

Nodding, Hikari remains silent. It's then that Renko notices the toy doll on Hikari's shoulder, which, in turn, notices Renko. Tilting to one side, it gives her a small wave before falling into Hikari's hands and becoming motionless. Renko just laughs half in worry and half in disbelief, but seems to let the moving doll slide. For now.

[ ] "...We should probably get some servants to watch the hall for us, and then go to sleep. I don't know about you two, but talking with that weird woman made me tired."
[ ] Whisper to Renko about how Hikari wants to be around her more often.
[ ] Look in your bag for something that may be helpful.
>> No. 18426
[+] Whisper to Renko about how Hikari wants to be around her more often.
[+] Also quickly explain to her Hikari's view of magic; specifically how it'd be a bad idea to outright tell her to stop using it.

Seems we've dodged a big bullet by getting out of another Yukari encounter relatively unscathed, but I don't want all that work to be for nothing. The bond between sisters needs repairing, but if Renko can't see the situation from Hikari's perspective, it could only make things worse. Remember: we've pretty much only seen the worst things magic can do, while Hikari's seen only the best. Bringing that gap could take some work.
>> No. 18427
[x] Whisper to Renko about how Hikari wants to be around her more often.
[x] Also quickly explain to her Hikari's view of magic; specifically how it'd be a bad idea to outright tell her to stop using it.

Pretty much this.
>> No. 18428
[x] Whisper to Renko about how Hikari wants to be around her more often.
[x] Also quickly explain to her Hikari's view of magic; specifically how it'd be a bad idea to outright tell her to stop using it.

Fucking site outage.

>>18413
Oh god, yes.
>> No. 18449
[X] Whisper to Renko about how Hikari wants to be around her more often.
[X] Also quickly explain to her Hikari's view of magic; specifically how it'd be a bad idea to outright tell her to stop using it.
>> No. 18454
File 124841632728.jpg - (48.71KB, 515x756, And a Myon.jpg) [iqdb]
18454
Hikari, with the doll in her hands, runs over to a chair and sits down, looking at the doll with extreme interest. Renko just sighs half heartedly, and shakes her head a bit as the small girl plays with the doll's long braid. Seeing your chance, you tap Renko's shoulder and motion for her to turn around, and she does so.

"...Renko, you should know that... Hikari said that she wanted to be around you more often. She seemed to be treating Yukari like a friend who could replace you and your parents while you were gone, and..." Biting your lip, you think over your words carefully before whispering them. "...That really worries me, is all."

"...I don't think..." Pausing for a moment, Renko seems to choose her words before speaking back up. "...That's not surprising... I had been shaving off some time I'd spend with her for the sake of the club and club activities, and forgot that I was even doing that at some point..."

Peeking back over your shoulder, you can see that Hikari has become busy playing around with the cute maid doll. She moves animatedly and, instead of making it twirl about with magic, moves the doll's parts around with her own two hands. Smiling, you take this as a good sign before turning back to Renko.

"...Also, you should be careful if you want to scold her about magic... She only knows about good things that can apparently be done with it, and can only see it as a good thing."

Hearing that, Renko nods in agreement, and the both of you then turn your attention back to Hikari. Noticing your gazes, she looks straight up at the two of you before squirming in her chair and looking away. Renko laughs at this sight, and you manage a smile at the sight.

"...Hikari, you can sleep with me tonight." Saying that, Renko walks over to the girl and grabs her hands, smiling. She then turns her gaze towards you, and then to Youmu. "Aoi... Could you take Youmu to the other room? Someone needs to be in here to talk to Mary when she gets up, and someone else has to be there for Youmu. There's also only two beds..."

For a moment you just stand there, spacing out for a moment. You then snap back into reality and nod your head, before going over to Youmu and hoisting her up on your back, and making your way towards the door. Feeling a little regretful about leaving Renko in the other room, you carry Youmu over to the room next to that one and enter it.

Looking around... It seems a lot like the other room. A similar set of beds, a closet, some tables and a mirror... It seems almost exactly the same, other than a few minor details. Seeing all of this, you make your way over to the other bed and lay Youmu down, and then look her over. She seems to be... Moving, again?

"...Ah." Sitting up, she rubs her eyes briefly and looks around, before discovering that she's in a bedroom of the mansion. "...What a nice place... Aoi, how long have I been asleep?"

"Oh? Well, that... Not all that long, actually." Pointing to her arm, you continue to speak. "I walked out of the room I had been in, and you had that bandage on your arm. Actually, considering how you didn't run in to help me confront Yukari... I guess you might've been out for over an hour now."

She takes a moment to consider your words, and then nods quietly. Looking away, you can hear the faint sound of cicadas at a distance, calming you a little bit and reassuring you of your location. The two of you just sit there for a while, silently, and you find yourself getting tired as you wait around.

Rubbing your eyes, you stifle a yawn and pat the bed with one hand, testing its surface. Laying down, you don't bother with the sheet, and just slowly slip off into sleep.

...

Opening your eyes back up, you don't see the usual scene. Instead, you're met with the sight of that woman from before, and of Eliza. Ran and Chen are nowhere to be found, and Yukari isn't, either. Looking at the two, you notice that you're no longer attached to the odd woman, with some relief.

The two study you for a moment, and then turn about and start to walk away. Just as you're about to call for them, you notice the place you're standing.

The scenery would suggest that you're right outside of the entrance to the Han mansion. Looking back to the two figures, you can see that they're making quick work of walking to the front doors of the mansion.

[ ] "Hey, wait! Who are you, and how do you know Eliza?"
[ ] "W-wait a second! Where are you two going?"
[ ] Silently follow after the two.
>> No. 18457
[X] Silently follow after the two.
>> No. 18462
[x] Silently follow after the two.
>> No. 18464
[x] Silently follow after the two.
>> No. 18465
[+] Silently follow after the two.
Stalking~ stalking~

Actually I have no clue who we're talking about asides from Eliza.
>> No. 18471
[X] Silently follow after the two.
>> No. 18476
[ze] Silently follow after the two.

>>18465
Layla and Eliza, I think.
>> No. 18560
[x] Silently follow after the updates.
>> No. 18608
File 12490154754.jpg - (126.18KB, 1054x695, Layla.jpg) [iqdb]
18608
With little else you can do, you silently follow after the two of them, watching their movements. While watching Eliza, you notice that she is also somewhat transparent... Not as much as the woman she's with, but she still is, to some extent. The two pass through the doors leading into the mansion as you observe this, and you continue to follow after them, now raising your hands like a ghost.

Still following behind them, some thought keeps nagging you about the direction they're going in, though you can't quite place what that nagging thought may concern. That is, until they lead you through a door in the hallway, with surprising results.

Laying on one bed is Renko, and on the other is Maribel. Walking over, Eliza rests one hand on Maribel's forehead for a few moments, with a regretful look in her eyes. She then motions to the other woman, and the two enter the room you had been in.

Following after them, you see that both you and Youmu are asleep. However, some thought continues to nag at the back of your mind... As if something was missing from all of this, and had slipped right under your nose to hide itself. Ignoring the strange thought, you turn your attention back to the two women, and attempt to speak.

"...Eliza... Who is this woman, and what are you two doing?"

"Ah, her? Her name is Layla... I thought you would have picked up on that by now." Holding one side of her face, Eliza sighs. "As for what we're doing... We're just making sure that Yukari isn't around here, and that she won't harm anybody..."

Finally learning that person's name surprises you, but not enough to have any outward effect. Maybe, all along, you knew that Layla must have been stalking about in some ghastly form, looking this way and that around your home. As for the latter part of Eliza's words... She may have some kind of strange magic, but the idea of Layla protecting anyone is... ridiculous.

"How can you two protect anyone, if you're floating around as ghosts?"

"Well, I can't do much with the cat making my body move like a puppet, but Layla..." Looking over at the silent woman, Eliza waits a few seconds. After receiving a nod from the woman, she continues to speak. "Layla is a witch who protects her descendants and those close to her... You haven't said much to her, but you'd fall into the second category, and Maribel into the first..."

Considering Eliza's words, you recall the vague book you had looked at the other day. A text saying something about a family from some time ago, that the Hans descended from... If that was the Prismriver family, it would mean that their family had been almost entirely wiped out, and that the Han family members were somehow related to Layla.

"...So, are you going to say anything, Layla?" Turning your attention to the ghastly woman, you wonder what kind of reaction she may have. "Maybe something about how I've been pulled into all this business about you and Yukari, and about some demon's wish?"

"...I'd rather not talk about disgusting things like that." Chuckling, the girl moves whimsically through the air, and then leads your small group into the hallway. "I'd rather talk about what you plan to do about all of this, and what you think about it. A demon's ritual is just too revolting to discuss with friends."

Finding it odd that she called you a "friend", you continue to follow after her as she floats towards the kitchen, and then down to a wine cellar. Looking at all of the labels, she snatches up one of the oldest wines and orders Eliza to grab three glasses before leading you out to the garden.

Sitting down, you see Eliza follow after, carrying the glasses and plate in a rush. Taking them, Layla somehow opens the bottle up, and it's then that a thought occurs to you. It's really odd for a ghastly figure to carry around things like wine bottles, and to act as if it planned to drink something...

Pouring some into every glass, the girl smiles as she shakes her cup around, making the drink swirl in its place. Eliza also accepts her glass and sips it, somehow not having a drop fall through her foggy form. Seeing this, you decide to sip yours, finding that... It literally falls right through you. As the drink splatters on the ground, you can't help but feel a little embarrassed.

"...Oh, right. How rude of me." Taking a sip of her own drink, Layla sighs loudly. "You wouldn't be able to take in that stuff, since you haven't spent many years as a spirit like I have... You also aren't my companion here, so I haven't had time to show you how to manage that sort of feat during an out of body experience. Sad."

Saying that, she continues to sip the wine, making it vanish down her luminous throat as she does so. Eliza sets her cup, which is either half empty or half full, down on the tray, apparently not wanting to drink when you're not able to. Seeing this, Layla raises a brow before chuckling and setting her glass down, although it's only a fourth full.

"Well, we didn't come out here to drink wine. The reason we came out here was... because I'm bored, I suppose." Saying that, she flicks a glowing lock of hair to the side and continues to speak. "...I suppose I should ask you this right now, then. What's your plan for dealing with that nasty woman called Yukari?"

[ ] "I don't care what happens to her, so long as the rest of my family can be safe."
[ ] "...I don't really want to see her or Maribel again for a long, long time."
[ ] "Who cares about Yukari? I'd rather know how you got here, and why you only showed yourself to me now."
>> No. 18613
You are surprisingly unhelpful, Layla.
>> No. 18614
[X] "I don't care what happens to her, so long as the rest of my family can be safe."
>> No. 18622
[x] "I want to return her and the people who came here to their own world and then I want to seal up her method of coming here and make it so that she or anyone else can never return to this world.
>> No. 18623
[X] "I want to return her and the people who came here to their own world and then I want to seal up her method of coming here and make it so that she or anyone else can never return to this world."
I can get behind this.
>> No. 18625
[x] "I don't care what happens to her, so long as the rest of my family can be safe."
>> No. 18626
{X} "I don't care what happens to her, so long as the rest of my family can be safe."
>> No. 18627
[O] "I want to return her and the people who came here to their own world and then I want to seal up her method of coming here and make it so that she or anyone else can never return to this world."
>> No. 18628
[x] "I don't care what happens to her, so long as the rest of my family can be safe."

Family and friends first.
>> No. 18629
[+] "I want to return her and the people who came here to their own world and then I want to seal up her method of coming here and make it so that she or anyone else can never return to this world."

Cure the disease, not the symptoms.
>> No. 18630
[x] "I don't care what happens to her, so long as the rest of my family can be safe."

Just after we told Renko that magic was not inherently evil, we wish to cut off the source completely? No. You don't amputate a leg to cure a gangrenous toe.

Besides, we don't want Nyom to disappear, do we?
>> No. 18633
>>18630

This. The write-in seems way too hostile and extreme considering how we've already befriended a few of those that would be on the wrong end of all this.
>> No. 18634
Calling it. Expect an update later today.
>> No. 18638
>>18634

Hooray!
>> No. 18641
File 124918945537.png - (1.63KB, 200x200, Just a coda.png) [iqdb]
18641
"I don't care what happens to her, so long as the rest of my family can be safe..."

Saying that, you smile weakly while waiting for an answer from Layla. A few seconds pass with no reply, but she eventually makes her thoughts known through laughter.

"Hahaha... Yes, that sounds about right. A true neutral attitude if I've ever seen one!" Grinning, she swishes the contents of her wine glass about. "'I don't care what happens so long as I'm safe and the people I care about are safe'. Something like that, no?"

Swallowing hard, you can see where she's coming from. It makes sense for anyone to want to keep their own selves and loved ones safe, of course. To be fine with that even with something dangerous running around but not harming you or your family... Is a different story.

"Layla, don't be too hard on him. He's been confused, misled, and tricked by Yukari... The way you've shown yourself to him is strange, too." Saying that, Eliza hesitates in her motion to pat Layla's shoulder. "...Just... play nice with him, okay?"

"...I suppose you're right. I'm sorry, I'm just being way too judgemental..." Taking another sip of her wine, Layla sighs. "Still, you had been thinking something rude about me, right? Something like 'Oh what a big help you are, talking to me because you're bored'? Maybe you even thought I was useless...?"

Frowning, Layla says those words while Eliza seems to be concerned over what she should say. A few more moments pass in relative silence, with Layla shifting her gaze over to a group of flowers instead of you. Nodding, she stands up in her place, still holding her glass in one hand.

"Very well, I'll show you just how useless this witch is. Follow me."

With those words, she ascends into the sky, moving slowly towards the mansion wall as she does so. Looking over at Eliza, you share troubled glances before following after the strange girl, concerned over what her intentions may or may not be.

Entering the building, you find that Layla is floating back towards your room, and she surely enough enters it by floating through the door. Following after her, you see her rummage through your bag before finding your flute, and rummaging through your hair before pulling out your blue ribbon. Setting those aside, she turns her attention towards you, with a sagely expression on her face.

"I can give you a more immediate and reliable form of protection, Aoi... but you need to make a promise with me before the magic will work." Clearing her throat, she extends one finger towards you. Specifically, her pinky. "As a witch who sees things from a separate level of existence, I am unable to live on your plain of existence."

"I understand that."

"However, my magic is still present at all times. With my title of Prismriver, I'm now willing to form an agreement with you, that you won't deny the power of magic so long as you rely on my power. Do you understand that, too?"

Nodding, you confirm something that she had apparently already seen as confirmed. Raising your hand, you extend one pinky towards her and watch as she latches onto your pinky with her own. A translucent thread appears a moment later, and connects your fingers with its extending link.

"As the witch Layla, I've chosen to assist you in your time of need by lending you a small fragment of my own magic. I now have a possession of mine and one of yours gathered here, and will combine the two to form a vessel for this magic." Saying that, she picks up the two items and ties the ribbon to one end of the flute. "When the two are together, the magic is alive. When they part, the magic hides itself."

Surely enough, the odd scene you had expected begins to unfold. With a glimmering light, the flute begins to twist and bend, changing its shape into... A wand, with that same symbol of the Han family on it at the tip. It's not nearly as exciting as you expected such a thing to be, actually.

"...In other words, the flute will go back to normal once you remove this ribbon from it. The agreement also means that I'll stick closer to you from now on, so you should see me around much more often." Waving the strange item around, she smiles mischievously before placing it in the hands of your sleeping self. "...So, I suppose I'm not very useless, am I?"

"All you seemed to do was make pretty lights and say mysterious words... but if your magic is in that silly thing, then I appreciate it."

Smirking, Layla looks half offended and half complimented. Turning her back to you, she harumphs in a grizzly tone.

"Well then, you saw a magic show found out more about me. You should leave now, so you can go wake up." Crossing her arms, she gains a heavy air of pouting about her. "Go on, go back to the waking world where you have a small barrier from magic."

[ ] Do as she says and wake up. Her attitude is getting a little annoying, anyway.
[ ] "I'd rather stay here to find out more about your 'Prismriver' family."
[ ] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."
>> No. 18642
[ ] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."
>> No. 18644
[O] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."
>> No. 18645
[x] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."
>> No. 18664
[X] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."
>> No. 18667
[x] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."

Mahou Shounen Aoi here we come
>> No. 18673
[ze] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."

C'mon, baby; don't be a player-hater.
>> No. 18693
[X] "...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla. It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."
>> No. 18714
File 124962023297.jpg - (10.25KB, 300x300, wine-glass.jpg) [iqdb]
18714
Sorry it took so long to get this one out. I just hadn't felt inspired for the past few days, and only today did I decide to make my own inspiration.
-----

"...I shouldn't have said what I did about your magic, Layla." Looking down a little, you think about the situation a bit more as you speak. "It was really nice, and I'm sorry for being so bitter about it."

"...Apology accepted." Looking at you with one eye closed, she smiles knowingly. "You really may not realize it, but I've been protecting you from all sorts of dangers for these past few days... You really owe me something, at least your appreciation."

You nod, and look at the two present. Eliza and Layla both seem to have their expressions brighten up, and for a moment you let your mind escape you... Until you remember who strange Eliza's role in all of this is, too.

"...Oh, Eliza. I've been wondering, and I can't think up a very good answer..." Laughing, you shrug your shoulders back. "How are you involved in this like you are, when you're supposed to just be Mary's maid...?"

"...That would be because I'm not Maribel's servant. Or, not anymore. I'm once again Miss Layla's servant, as I should be!" Stating that, she nods proudly. "...Still, I want to get away from the Yakumos, and just watch things from the sidelines... I've had enough of their 'living corpse' nonsense..."

Taking in her words, you become more and more lost. She was originally Layla's servant? How could she even serve someone if they're dead...? That brings up another question, of whether or not Eliza is "dead", which she doesn't seem to technically be according to tales you've heard about cats with forked tails raising the dead.

"...So, wait a second. If you're still 'alive', and you're floating here... That means that you're having a weird dream like me, right?"

"That's a strange way to put it, but... I suppose that's right, in a way..." Laughing, she rubs her hands together in front of her skirt. "I can't do much with that little girl ordering my body around, anyway... It's really troublesome."

"Another thing..." Rubbing your head, you continue to speak as Layla twirls a small bit of wine in her glass. "...What do you mean by 'watching things from the sidelines'...? That's a really weird way to describe death, if that's what you mean."

For a moment, the maid seems to fish around for words, though she eventually settles on a single thing to say.

"Well, Layla is here, dead and watching things as a ghost... So, I think it's kind of like that. I'd rather be able to do that then be bossed around by little girls with cat ears... I suppose."

You can't hold it back, and end up laughing at her last comment. Layla also seems amused, and joins in on the laughter, while Eliza lights up and twirls her fingers, though smiling as she does so.

"...Maybe some day, when all of this madness is over..." Speaking slowly Layla looks over both you and Eliza as she speaks. "...Maybe then we could laugh like this, only with more people... With your friend Renko, and maybe with that Maribel girl... Who knows, maybe even with Yukari?"

"I doubt that. The only kind of laughing she seems to do is at people, not with them."

"Huhu, how true." Raising a hand to her mouth, Layla chuckles at your comment. "...Until that day, you'll have to keep striving to make things right. But to do that, you'll have to wake up."

With that, she extends her thumb and pointing finger to your forehead, and gives it a sharp flick.

...

Snapping back into reality, you wake up to see that it's still dark out, and the clock says that it's half-past five. Turning your attention to the other bed in the room, you can see that Youmu is still asleep, and seems to be cuddling her blobby companion like a pillow.

Finding that there's now a blanket on top of you, you lift it off and look about the room, wondering where Eliza and Layla went to. All you can see, though, is a wine glass on the side table and Nyom floating about by it. Standing to your feet, you brush your skirt briefly, and then find your bag. Checking over its contents, you nod, seeing that the "wand" had been put into the bag when you hadn't been looking.

You're usually very tired after something like that, but it felt like someone really did flick you on the forehead when you woke up, and all the laziness in your body just drained away. Considering that feeling, you look over at Youmu once more, who is still fast asleep, before deciding that you aren't sure what you should do now.

[ ] Everyone should be getting up in one or two hours... It'd be the best time to make breakfast and surprise them!
-[ ] Youmu may be able to help. It feels bad to wake up such a hard working girl like this, but... She'll understand.
[ ] Better get a head start on bathing before everyone else is up and wanting to shower.
-[ ] Ask Nyom if it wants a shower cap.
[ ] Take some "me-time", and go into the garden to play on Layla's(?) flute. If what she said is true, it should be easy to change it back to how it once was.
>> No. 18718
{X} Better get a head start on bathing before everyone else is up and wanting to shower.

Wet~
>> No. 18721
[~] Better get a head start on bathing before everyone else is up and wanting to shower.
-[z] Ask Nyom if it wants to be washed, too.
[e] Take some "me-time", and go into the garden to play on Layla's(?) flute. If what she said is true, it should be easy to change it back to how it once was.

>Youmu is still asleep, and seems to be cuddling her blobby companion like a pillow.
Hnnnnnggghhh

>Go into the garden to play on Layla's(?) flute.
...Now I'd like to see some Aoi x Layla H.

"Ah...! I can see you know how to handle my instrument quite well, Aoi; your lips are very well suited to playing it just right. ...If you're up for a harder lesson, however, I'll make you sing~"
>> No. 18724
[X] Better get a head start on bathing before everyone else is up and wanting to shower.
>> No. 18725
Make sure that Yukari isn't being a bastard.

I really want to see that daughter of a whore knocked off her high horse and into a big pile of humility horse $%#&. Or at least killed. Hell seems like a good place this time of year.
>> No. 18729
[x] Better get a head start on bathing before everyone else is up and wanting to shower.
>> No. 18732
>>18725
>$%#&
You know, you've already used "bastard" and "whore." Just go ahead and start swearing properly, if you really feel the need to, but don't half-ass it.
>> No. 18733
[X] Better get a head start on bathing before everyone else is up and wanting to shower.
>> No. 18737
[X] Better get a head start on bathing before everyone else is up and wanting to shower.
>> No. 18761
File 124985488722.jpg - (40.22KB, 292x376, scrubadubdub.jpg) [iqdb]
18761
...That's right, it may be best to get your shower in before everyone else is up and trying to bathe. Looking back at Youmu one last time, you confirm her sleeping status before grabbing a change of clothes and leaving the room, Nyom in tow.

Looking around the hallway, you can see that only one or two of the creepy new servants are around in this part of the mansion. Just as you think about that, a third appears wheeling a cart through the hall, rushing off in the direction of the main kitchen.

Shrugging off the feeling that those servants must be some kind of potential evil, you turn your attention back to your goal, which is the nearest shower. Coming across an intersection of hallways, you take the hall to the right and find a door which you think is the door to one of the bathrooms. Opening it up, you confirm your suspicions while stepping into the place.

Locking the door, you set your bag down on the counter top and look into the large mirror, to see yourself and a foggy, human shaped form of Nyom. Turning your attention to the blob, you see that it's still as fluffy and round as ever, with no distinguishable body parts on its surface. With a sigh of relief, you turn on the water and undress.

"...Hey Nyom... Can you speak, or make sounds other than that 'myon' noise...?" Pulling your skirt off, you see that the thing shakes itself in a way that says "no". "...Are you lying to me?"

As you finish undressing and test the water, it shakes itself rapidly, signifying that it isn't a liar. Giggling, you pull the shower curtain closed and turn on the shower head, which is set to a hard spray. Nyom floats over and rests on your head while you begin to wash yourself with soap, and makes small 'myon' sounds as you move down to wash your legs and up to stand upright.

...Swallowing hard, you wash around your thighs, suddenly with thoughts of Renko coming to mind. Cleaning between your legs, you resist the urge to do anything strange while in the shower, out of fear that Mary might have cameras hidden all over the mansion, including in the bathrooms.

"...Ah... hah... Hey, Nyom..." Squirting some of the shampoo out of its container, you prod the ghost while holding the strange liquid. "Could you get up? I need to wash my hair, too."

Obeying your commands, the large white blob lifts off of your head as you begin to rub shampoo into your wet locks, getting it covered all over. As you continue to do this, you feel something ram into your rump, pushing you a little as it does so.

"H-hey! Nyom, is that you doing that...?" Scolding it, you shake your head while washing the shampoo away. "If you want to play or something, then you can just wait until I'm done showering... okay?"

With your eyes now open, you turn about to see the blob with a bright red hue on its surface, nodding in agreement. With a sigh you reach over to the conditioner container and squirt some into your hand, before running it through your hair. A tingling sensation coats your scalp as you do this, cooling your head off from the warm water of the shower. Making sure to get all of your hair from curl to base covered, you rinse your head off one last time.

Stepping out of the shower, you take hold of a towel and begin to dry your face and bangs off a little, so you can see better. Wrapping it around yourself, you make your way to the large mirror to brush and blow dry your hair for the day.

It doesn't take long to finish your personal hygiene run, ending it with some nail buffing and trimming. Feeling refreshed, you look at the new set of clothes that you picked up, which is... A red skirt, a white button up shirt, a white undershirt, a pair of socks, a pair of... panties, and a brown hair tie. It feels a bit perverted, but you put on the women's underwear along with the rest of the clothes, now dry and content.

Looking in the mirror, you can see that you look cleaner than when you first came into the bathroom, although... the end of your ponytail is curling up a little, which you think is rather annoying. Ignoring it for now, you stretch and then reach to pet Nyom, then realizing that your ghost companion has become wet from the humidity of the room.

After drying Nyom off, which involved a lot of 'myon's and some other squeaking noises, you exit the room with your bag and old change of clothes, taking a left and heading back to your room. Peeking in, you see a light on and decide to enter, wondering what time it is now.

Closing the door behind you, you see that Youmu is now awake, watching a program about gardening while cuddling her ghost companion to her chest. She gives you a sleepy 'I just woke up a few minutes ago' look before her eyes fly open, and her expression becomes serious and refined. Letting go of her ghost friend, she takes a courteous bow and looks at you a bit nervously.

"I w-was just waiting for you to get back, Aoi." Swallowing, she has the countenance of a person who's just been find out for some dirty secret. "I'll be going now, so I'll just grab a change of clothes and g-go..."

Smiling, you walk over and give her a pat on the head before messing her bed-head hair up even more.

"It's fine to enjoy yourself, you're a guest here, not a servant."

"...I... um..." Her face red, she nods with a new found vigor before grabbing a change of clothes out of the drawers. "I-I understand! I'll try to loosen up a little more... I think."

With that, she rushes out of the room, her ghastly companion flushing heavily as it follows after her. Giggling, you put your old set of clothes away and put on some shoes, wondering what you might want to do next.

[ ] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.
[ ] Go see if your mother is awake yet.
[ ] Wander the halls, to see if anything strange might be going on.
>> No. 18762
[x] Wander the halls, to see if anything strange might be going on.
[x] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.
[x] Go see if your mother is awake yet.

In that order. After all:
>Shrugging off the feeling that those servants must be some kind of potential evil
...If you ever get that feeling, believe me, it's not something you just shrug off.

>A red skirt, a white button up shirt, a white undershirt, a pair of socks, a pair of... panties, and a brown hair tie. It feels a bit perverted, but you put on the women's underwear along with the rest of the clothes, now dry and content.
YES
I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME

>After drying Nyom off, which involved a lot of 'myon's and some other squeaking noises
Hnnnnnngggghh
>> No. 18764
This update was definitely ℳℴℯ~

[X] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.
>> No. 18765
>As you continue to do this, you feel something ram into your rump, pushing you a little as it does so.

Nyom is going to rape you Aoi.

[x] Wander the halls, to see if anything strange might be going on.
-[x] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.
-[x] Go see if your mother is awake yet.
>> No. 18767
[x] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.
>> No. 18773
[x] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.

I wonder if he's a girl now.

...What?
>> No. 18774
[x] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.

ℳℴℯ~
>> No. 18775
>>18762
>I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME
What day?
>> No. 18777
>>18775

The day a full on trap lead appeared (Even down to the undies); Anonymous has always been interested in a FABULOUS lead. And in terms of clothes this delivers it seems.
>> No. 18781
>>18777
He wasn't always wearing panties?
>> No. 18782
I think that Yukari is messing with him.
>> No. 18785
>>18781
Nope. It was specifically mentioned that Aoi wore boxers.
>> No. 18798
[X] Go see if Renko and Maribel are awake yet.
>> No. 18888
Looking at the clock, it's about... a quarter past six. Taking this into consideration, you decide that you'll use the time you've been given to do some morning activities, starting with seeing who's awake and who isn't.

Leaving the room, you take a look at the door Renko, Maribel, and Hikari should be behind. Knocking may wake someone up if they're still sleeping... So, in this case, it'd be much better to peek in the door than to knock on it. Sliding it open a crack, you glance in to see that one bed is messed up, and one still has someone in it.

Taking a step in, you're careful to not make a noise as you investigate. The bed which is disorderly and looks like someone has gotten out of it already is Renko's, and the neater one is Maribel's... Mary, it seems, chose to wear pajamas while Renko decided to sleep in her underwear. Blushing a little, you notice something out of place... Something that gives you a feeling like déjà vu.

...Hikari isn't in the room anymore. Realizing this, you look around to confirm your suspicions and find that she's missing, but that a drawer has been left open and a set of clothing has been hastily replaced with small, wrinkled clothes. Which means that Hikari has either bathed and changed already, or that she changed clothes without bathing... Probably the latter.

Turning around, you quietly make your way towards the door, and pull it open upon reaching it. Just as you're about to exit the room, something grips you around the arm and nearly makes you yelp in surprise. The pressure on your arm is... Renko, who's still wearing nothing but her underwear.

"Heheh, you weren't thinking of running around without me, were you?" Pulling you back into the room, she lets go of your arm and slides the door shut. "I'll just throw something on, so just wait a minute, okay?"

Nodding, you silently watch as Renko makes her way over to the cabinet, and bends over to gr...

...On second thought, you'll just look away in favor of not looking lewd this early in the morning. Seeing this, Renko chuckles at your expense while snatching up something and trying it on. A moment later she rushes over to you, wearing her usual outfit, much to your surprise.

"How did you...?"

"You may not visit Mary a lot, but I do, Aoi~!" Winking, she puts an arm around your shoulder and escorts you out of the room. "I put a change of my clothes in one or two rooms, since I have a few outfits like this. It's pretty lucky that I wound up in a room with that change of clothes in it."

Walking down the hall, the two of you stay mostly quiet, except for Renko's cheery humming sounds. A moment later, she makes a quick move to pull her arm off of your shoulder. Before you can ask her, you see the reason why she did that.

"Good morning, you two." Sounding pleasant, your mother bows her head to the two of you before continuing. "It's surprising for people your age to be awake this early in the morning. Did something happen?"

"No, nothing happened... I don't think." Saying that, you get a curious glance from Junko which asks you to elaborate. "...Have you seen Hikari running around the mansion, mom?"

"I believe I have." Looking relieved at that being all, she points down the hallway. "She was skipping through the halls just a moment ago, playing with some strange stick that looked like something out of some animated series."

You sigh in relief, although Renko doesn't. Even when you mentioned Hikari, she didn't seem too concerned about it, much to your surprise.

"Yeah, she got up earlier, and when I asked her what she was doing, she said that she was going to play in the garden. She's a good kid, so I doubt she caused any damage." Grinning, Renko gives your mother a big thumbs-up. "Don't worry, we'll go get her and make sure she's not up to anything strange right now!"

"...Yes, I suppose that's fine. I'll just go check on the servants in the kitchen, to make sure that breakfast is coming along nicely. If you'll excuse me."

With that, your mother begins to walk calmly down the stairs, while the two of you walk in the direction she came from. Paying her no more mind, you look ahead and down other hallways, wondering where Hikari might have run off to. Just as you begin to think she's run off to another area of the mansion, something prods your back.

"Poof! You're a cat now!" Giggling, the small girl puts her hands behind her back. "I won't change you back, so do it yourself!"

As she finishes saying that, the object in her hands causes you to raise a brow. In her hands is a small wand, with a circular head, just like yours. The only difference is that this wand has no ribbon wrapped around it...

"...Oh, what's that?" Pointing at the 'toy', Renko smiles playfully. "A magical girl's batton, or something like that?"

"Yeah! It's a magical wand that... that..." Tapping her foot, she takes a moment to think about what she wants to say. "...Right! It's a magic wand that a magical girl can use to help people! Just like on television!"

Laughing, Renko pats her little sisters head as you take another look at the wand, and confirm your suspicions. It's definitely the same as the one Layla gave you, only without anything like a ribbon to mark a contract... Or, something like that.

[ ] "That's a pretty cool wand, Hikari."
[ ] "Oh, so you like that kind of thing?"
[ ] "...Did you pick that up in the garden?"
>> No. 18889
[x] "...Did you pick that up in the garden?"
>> No. 18898
[X] "...Did you pick that up in the garden?"

Why am I thinking "Dammit Yukari!"?
>> No. 18921
[X] "That's a pretty cool wand, Hikari."
[X] "Did you pick that up in the garden?"

No need to sound suspicious of her. Just be friendly and curious.

Also, now I can't help but picture Aoi and Hikari as a crime-fighting Magical Boy/Girl duo.

Magical Boy, Magic Blue is about to start!
>> No. 18929
[X] "...Did you pick that up in the garden?"
>> No. 18936
[x] "That's a pretty cool wand, Hikari."
[x] "...where did you find it?"

Got to be nice to the little girl.
>> No. 18948
[x] "That's a pretty cool wand, Hikari."
[x] "Oh, so you like that kind of thing?"

Magical boy~
>> No. 18955
Hooray, we're back!

---------

"...Did you pick that up in the garden, Hikari?" Pointing at the strange object, you decide to take it lightly for now and smile. "It really is just like a magical girl's wand."

"Yeah! It's really cool, and can amplify a magical girl's powers and all sorts of things like that!"

Giggling, she starts to swing the wand around in the air, starting to chuckle as she darts about and plays. Much to your surprise, she doesn't actually perform any magic, but instead just pretends to... Which means that what you said to her must have sunk in.

Looking to your right, you see the blobby ghost you call Nyom floating up near the ceiling, apparently watching everything as it takes place. In the back of your mind you notice how odd this is, since Nyom usually goes long periods of time away from you, then shows up a while later. Kind of like a cat would.

"Hikari, breakfast will probably be ready soon, so you should be ready to eat whenever we call for you." Saying that, Renko nods in her little sister's direction. "Okay?"

"Alriiight!"

Saying that, the girl continues to skip and spring down the hall, eventually rounding a corner and taking off in another direction. Renko merely shakes her head with an amused smile on her face, while Nyom seems to make some kind of shrugging motion with its tail. Following suit, you also shrug as you make your way back towards the main entrance of the mansion.

With Renko and Nyom in tow, you step into the large room to see servants walking here and there, going to different rooms and pushing carts loaded with different things. One of the servants, a boy with darkish hair and an oversized pair of shorts, stops in front of you before taking a quick bow.

"Breakfast will be ready soon, and Ms. Han has asked me to send all of the children to the dining room." Looking the two of you over, he seems baffled for a moment before speaking again. "...If I may ask, where are Mistress Maribel and Hikari?"

"Ah, Hikari is down that hallway, and, last I saw, Mary was still sleeping in the room we used last night." Pointing down the hall, Renko nods reassuringly. "You can try to wake her up, but you'll probably get an icepick through you if you do~."

Nodding, the boy takes off down the hall, incidentally going in the opposite direction of Hikari. Deciding to keep your words to yourself, you ignore him and start to walk towards the dining room, Renko against your left arm and Nyom probably floating around behind you.

"...Hey, Aoi. You seem awfully quiet this morning..." Saying that, Renko gives you a sideways look, showing that she's concerned for you. "Are you alright?"

"...Yeah, I'm okay." Looking down, you let a smile sneak its way onto your face as the two of you continue to walk along. "I just feel a little dizzy from last night, is all. It was pretty insane, yelling at Mary and then at Yukari..."

Smiling just a little, Renko gives a small nod just as the two of you arrive at the door of the dining room. Giving two small knocks, you hear a voice from inside invite you in. Opening the door, you're met with the sight of various servants moving food onto the table and setting it, preparing drinks, and talking to your mother.

"I see that that boy is doing a good job of finding people." Folding a paper up, your mother sets the item on her lap and nods to you and Renko as she continues to speak. "Breakfast will still take a few minutes to have arranged and ready, so I'd like to see the two of you out in the hallway for a moment."

Complying, you and Renko watch her get up and then follow her out as she tells the servants what they should be doing at the moment. Shutting the door behind you, you can see that there are no servants in the hallway outside of the room, leaving only the three of you and your ghastly companion in this big space.

"...I've heard that that woman appeared at your school recently. Is that correct?"

Managing a nod, you look sideways to see that Renko is keeping her lips shut, merely nodding as you are.

"...If that's the case, then I don't want you two to be going to school until this situation is resolved. Until then, I'll see about getting your work sent here, so you can look over it until then." Shutting her eyes, she sighs lightly and looks at the two of you once more, a stern look on her face. "Your last year of high school is almost over, anyway, I believe."

"...What do you plan to do, to solve this 'situation'?"

Asking that, Renko gives Junko a doubtful look, obviously questioning if she has any idea to do something at all. Your mother merely nods her head, holding her hands together as she speaks.

"I've been reading those books I confiscated from Maribel, and I think I have a plan on how to execute her. I'll put it into action soon, so don't worry. I'll make sure you have your normal lives back in no time."

"...I guess that's kind of reassuring..."

As Renko says that, your mother steps back into the dining room, being met with a group of servants as she does so. At the same moment, a cart comes up with a dish on it, and the servant pushing it enters the room, rushed to get things set up right.

[ ] See if any of the servants need some help. They may be hired help, but it's never wrong to lend a hand, right?
[ ] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?
[ ] That one servant still hasn't shown up with Hikari and Maribel. It may be a good idea to go look for them yourself.
>> No. 18957
[O] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?
>> No. 18958
[X] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?

You have to take care of your girlfriend!

That aside, barring us from school is unfortunate. It was a good place to meet with the opposition on relatively equal terms - a neutral ground of sorts, if you will. It was also handy for keeping an eye on their daytime activity.
>> No. 18960
[X] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?
>> No. 18961
[X] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?
>> No. 18963
[x] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?
>> No. 18970
[ze] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?

Need to get that wand back, too.
>> No. 18978
[x] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?
[x] That one servant still hasn't shown up with Hikari and Maribel. It may be a good idea to go look for them yourself.

>Need to get that wand back, too.

Not our wand. It doesn't have the ribbon on it.

>Saying that, she picks up the two items and ties the ribbon to one end of the flute. "When the two are together, the magic is alive. When they part, the magic hides itself."

>"...In other words, the flute will go back to normal once you remove this ribbon from it."

I think this is just Yukari's way of saying, "I know who you've been talking to." She could also be reiterating her claim over Hikari.
>> No. 18986
[ø] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?

>>18958
Agreed. Aoi should speak to Junko, and somehow convince her that school is still safe despite the presence of Yukari's bunch.
>> No. 19007
[X] Renko seems a little shook up, now. Maybe you should ask her if she's okay?
>> No. 19010
"...Hey, Renko?" With a doubtful look on your face, you turn your attention back to her as you speak. "Are you okay? I mean, you seem kind of shaken up, all of a sudden..."

For a moment, she merely stands there with her eyes shut, thinking to herself. This only serves to increase your worry for her, but a moment later she looks up and gives you a knowing smile, nodding as she does so.

"Yeah, I'm alright. It's just, that..." Rubbing her nose with a quick motion, she looks off to the side as she continues to speak. "...Well, your mom is a really nice lady, and it hurts to see her having to become underhanded and get mixed up in all of this craziness."

"...Yeah, it is kind of sad." Crossing your arms, you look down towards the floor as you continue to speak. "I'd like it if she could avoid being too involved in all of this, but it wouldn't make sense for her to. I mean, I'm her son, and your parents have been kind of friendly with her before..."

Both you and Renko nod at the same time, before a slightly goofy smile creeps onto Renko's face. Looking past her, you can see the servant from earlier approaching with Maribel and Hikari in tow, moving swiftly down the hall.

"Ah, how long have you two been up?" Still looking half-asleep, you notice that Mary is wearing an outfit similar to yours. It must be the generic kind of replacement clothing for women. "...Actually, never mind. Thinking back, I can remember briefly opening my eyes when you two walked out of the room."

Saying all of that, she turns to enter the room, followed by a parading Hikari. Despite how the wand seems like a bad omen, in some ways, you find it kind of adorable how she's waving it around over her head like a baton.

Just as those two enter the room, you see Youmu round the corner and head in your direction, dressed in the same clothing she wore yesterday. Giving you a quick nod, she looks over to the servant with some level of doubt in her eyes before entering the room, too. Shrugging your shoulders, you decide to follow after the others, with Renko at your side as you do so. A few moments later, breakfast begins.

.....

Lifting your fork, you slowly chew over some hashbrown casserole while listening to the others speak. They're talking about normal things, oddly, though a certain uncomfortable feeling permeates the air around you, telling you that something else must be resting, waiting to be brought into the discussion at any moment.

"Anyway, that's enough about the investments in nearby businesses." Wiping her mouth with a dainty napkin, your mother nods towards Mary. "How has university been lately, Maribel? You've been acting like there's been problems there, too."

"It's been... okay." Popping a bite of scrambled eggs into her mouth, Mary makes a slightly disturbed face before adding salt and pepper to her plate. "I haven't been making horrible grades, but I haven't made wonderful ones either. I'm thinking I may want to ask for some kind of break while all this craziness is happening."

Renko nods, seemingly not as interested in the details of Mary's college work as she had been in the past. Junko seems to be mildly interested, and Youmu seems to be thinking of something else entirely. In your case, you don't really care much at all for Mary or her studies, knowing her role in the events these past few days.

"About all of this craziness..." Folding her napkin up, your mother gives a slight glare to Mary as she continues to speak. "Is there anything you may want to tell me? Perhaps something about how you feel about that Eliza girl, whom I saw walking the hallways just a short while ago?"

Mary almost chokes on a bite of some grainy looking soup with cheese, before coughing and pointing a sharp glare at Junko.

"What are... What in the world are you suggesting?" Lip quivering, she shakes her head angrily. "Are you saying that I brought someone back from the dead, or something awful like that?"

"No, that's not it. I was merely wondering if you knew some way such a thing could be accomplished, is all." Speaking calmly, she takes a bite of a small pancake before she continues. "After all, those books of yours mention some pretty grizzly things, like how to summon demons and attack people from miles away. It's almost like a guide on how to kill with magic, no?"

Her face turning red, Mary shakes her head one way and then the other, before standing up out of her chair. Without a word, she rushes for the door and exits, slamming the door behind her. With a sigh, your mother rests her head on one hand, looking at her food with an air of disappointment about her.

Apparently unfazed by all of this, Hikari rolls a mushroom cap around her plate, smiling happily all the while. Youmu seems shaken, though remains silent, and Renko looks as if she's about to get up and go after Mary. The servants are entirely neutral.

[ ] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.
[ ] Grab Renko's hand and make her stay down. If Mary wants to run off and cry, then she's probably best getting her emotions out during some alone time.
[ ] Change the subject to something. Anything. This stiff air is just too much.
- [ ] Write-in.
>> No. 19015
[X] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.

Seems like the best option for me.
>> No. 19016
[X] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.

Wiseman is a wise man.
>> No. 19019
[X] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.
>> No. 19022
Sorry Mom, but that was a dick move.

[x] "Mother, for as long as you use the Han name, that girl remains your daughter. I'd prefer it if you weren't cruel to her."
[x] Leave after Maribel yourself. Don't slam the door. Your mother isn't a bad person, and you shouldn't allow Mary to think that she is.

Whatever Junko or Aoi's actual feelings toward Mary, she's still family. It would be simply dangerous to let Mary think she's hated, not because she still has power, but more dangerously, because she has the will to use it. Junko taking away her tomes only exacerbated the problem; now to regain any control, she'd have to kill Junko, so that the power of the household falls upon herself.
>> No. 19024
>>19022

Getting there, but a little too forceful and formal for Aoi, I'd say. Let's try something like this...

[X] "Mom... I, uh, I know that Mary can be a little hard to deal with, but... she's still my sister now, so... I don't think it's good for you to say things that mean to her. I think you should apologize to her."
[X] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.
>> No. 19026
[X] "Mom... I, uh, I know that Mary can be a little hard to deal with, but... she's still my sister now, so... I don't think it's good for you to say things that mean to her. I think you should apologize to her."
[X] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.
>> No. 19028
>>19024

changing my vote to this; sounds better
>> No. 19034
[ø] "Mom... I, uh, I know that Mary can be a little hard to deal with, but... she's still my sister now, so... I don't think it's good for you to say things that mean to her. I think you should apologize to her."
[ø] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.

Nice write-in, I will go with this.
>> No. 19038
[x] "Mom... I, uh, I know that Mary can be a little hard to deal with, but... she's still my sister now, so... I don't think it's good for you to say things that mean to her. I think you should apologize to her."
[x] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.

It was indeed a dick move for Junko to bring that up like she did, but I was still laughing madly and kind of happy that she did.

>>19016
Ha ha!
No.
He is not.
>> No. 19044
[x] "Mom... I, uh, I know that Mary can be a little hard to deal with, but... she's still my sister now, so... I don't think it's good for you to say things that mean to her. I think you should apologize to her."
[x] If Renko wants to follow her, she must have a reason. Might as well go along, if only so she won't be alone with Mary.
>> No. 19098
Update?
>> No. 19152
File 12530993029.jpg - (59.19KB, 512x512, Purple bitch.jpg) [iqdb]
19152
Looking between all of these faces, you rest your gaze on your mother's face, and hesitate a moment before speaking.

"...Mom, I... uh... I know that Mary can be a little hard to deal with, but... she's still my sister now, so..." Even you're aware of how awkward you sound, though you can't imagine anyone sounding composed in this kind of situation. "I don't think it's good for you to say things that mean to her... I think you should apologize to her?"

For a moment, she continues to sit there, cradling her head with anguish building up inside of her. Frowning, you turn your attention to Renko, who is already up and running out of the door. Hurrying to stand from your seat, you follow after her.

.....

Sobbing to yourself, you can only look down at the ground as you reconsider the words that your adoptive mother spoke. It's true, those books you've read deal with things like raising the dead and other lurid things of that nature, but... Why can't she understand that you had nothing to do with Eliza reappearing?

Continuing to sob, you're unable to notice the luminescent colors gathering a few yards away from you, and pay them no mind until a voice speaks up from in that general direction.

"Problem, Maribel?"

Lifting your eyes up to look at this person, you see that it's Yukari, wearing her usual smug grin. This only gives you more of a reason to bury your head in your arms, which seems to take her aback. Ignoring her as best you can, you continue to protest her presence here.

"...Are you alright? Is it what that woman said to you back there that has you this upset?" Puffing her cheeks out, she taps her foot with a certain anger, but only manages to look silly. "Why, that woman-! Don't worry about what she has to say, she doesn't understand what kind of child you are."

She's really persistent today... This way she acts, pretending to be friendly and kind before turning on you and being a bully... It's frustrating, is what it is. That's why it's best to ignore her until the whole thing blows over, or you'll only end up being hurt again.

"...Are you not going to respond? Come on, tell me if there's something you want me to do, and I'll tell that bat off!" Cackling, she swings her umbrella in a circle as she looks about the garden. "Yes, that's right. You can trust on me to get things done, Mary! All you need to do is ask for it, or if it's something particularly hard to do..."

She smiles grimly, knowing that the message has already made its way across. The "demon's wish" that she promised... Supposedly it could make anything happen, but even something like that must have a grizzly cost to pay to make it actually happen...

"...No, I'll be fine on my own. So I don't need any of your help. Please go away."

"Wh-whaaaat? How rude, turning down an offer made with nothing but love and kindness in mind!" Shaking her head, she plops the tip of the umbrella into the ground. "Really now, your father should have taught you better manners before raping you. Then again, could it really be rape if you enjoyed it, I wonder...?"

Clenching your teeth, you swing at the woman, only to see her jump away from your punch, sporting an evil grin as she does so. Continuing to cackle madly, she points a long finger at you in a mocking gesture.

"Ahahahaha! That's right, you loved it, didn't you? What a whore of a girl, being so happy in doing lewd things with her parent!" Stamping the tip of the umbrella into the ground again and again, she continues to laugh. "Aaaahahaha! It's delicious, it really is! You get so mad, and are set off by one little thing like that, and yet you can never lay a finger on me! What a pathetic way to live!"

With that, she nods towards the doors that lead out of the mansion and into this garden, grinning wickedly as she does so.

"I think it's about time for me to take my leave. You've got a new pair of visitors coming this way, and if three's a crowd then four must be something dreadful." Swinging her umbrella around once more, she grins at you in her usually jaded manner. "Goodbye, braaat!"

.....

Following Renko out of the pair of doors before you, you find yourself rushing out into the garden. Mary is standing there, already looking at the two of you with a sad expression, and you notice that her eyes have become puffy and red.

"...Mary..." Coming to a stop, Renko looks at her with some level of sympathy. "Come on, Mary. What Ms. Junko said wasn't really that awful... I'm sure that she's sorry even now, so if you'd come back with us, you could see just how sorry she is..."

Maribel turns her head away and shakes, not wanting to listen to Renko's pleas. Even though you think that she deserves this deep down, you can't help but feel a little sorry for her right now, seeing her act this way.

"...Mary, please, just--"

Before she can finish, her sentence, Mary pushes past the two of you and goes flying into the mansion, sobbing as she does so. Keeping your mouth shut, you only watch the doors shut behind her, and wonder if what your mother said really hurt her that much.

"...She's probably going to lock herself in her room, huh..."

"Probably." Frowning, Renko breathes out heavily. "I guess all we can do now is wait to see if things can get better, huh?"

[ ] "Right... So, I guess we should go back to the dining room for now."
[ ] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."
[ ] Just stand there quietly, and nod.
>> No. 19153
[x] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."
>> No. 19154
[x] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."
>> No. 19155
[x] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."
>> No. 19157
File 125315204352.jpg - (62.52KB, 350x348, 1252966511744.jpg) [iqdb]
19157
[x] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."

Goddammit Yukari.
>> No. 19158
File 125315315832.jpg - (6.12KB, 172x69, 1234851700484.jpg) [iqdb]
19158
>"Problem, Maribel?"

[X] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."
>> No. 19159
[ℤℯ] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."

>Purple bitch.jpg
And how.
>> No. 19161
[X] "Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though. Maybe we should go do something else."

;_;

Mary. I still love you.
>> No. 19166
Will it be possible to kill this version of Yukari?
>> No. 19172
>>19166

Who knows, but but I wonder if EX Nine will still insist upon certain things like he said earlier

mainly that There can't be a Renko or Mary route until you finish a playthrough in Gensokyo or something like that

But I suspect that we need some more help to stop Yukari's plotting for good.

That also reminds me, earlier in the story there was talk about how the Hans and a shrine were opposed (Might that been the Hakurei shrine?)
>> No. 19173
>>19172

Yeah, I took that "no Renko or Mary route until you complete a route in Gensokyo" thing back, for a few certain reasons.
>> No. 19178
Well then all aboard the Ren express then!

Also I did some thinking on this story and did we ever find out if Mary ever gotten around to sacrificing something "precious" like that list said? If not one might have to wonder why she did certain things. In short Aoi and/or Ren will have to watch their backs.

But I must wonder if Yukari's ilrational behavior is due to being jerked around by the Hans for a while. But it seems Yukari's been mucking round with them for a while as well. Since Yuyuko, one of Yukari's most trusted friends says she's been acting unusual.

And there's the matter of Hikari... might Yukari be trying to replicate Layla's success using her, but more under her control?

Just some food for thought.
>> No. 19190
>Well then all aboard the Ren express then!

I think this is the only flaw in AoD. I know Anon would go for Renko anyway, that was decided since the beggining, but I think the route lock was too early. There could have been many possibilities, and so many potential has been wasted. For example, look at Youmu: she has so much moe inside her, but we won't explore it much.
>> No. 19191
She'd stand a better chance if she appeared sooner, since by that point either Ren or (if hell froze over) Mary would have more affection points.

Only way this'd change is if somehow by investigating the Hakurei Shrine, Aoi ends up in Gensokyo separated from those two. This would give a chances to build things up with Touhou characters.

Though there's the matter of Youmu being a little sister type compared to other characters (Yuyuko for one)

There's always certain things occuring in these stories

-If you knew the character in the backstory, they'd have a point advantage
-If you live at a location, you will progress faster with those characters.
>> No. 19192
>For example, look at Youmu: she has so much moe inside her, but we won't explore it much.

Who said anything about this being the one and only route?
>> No. 19193
>>19192

Does that mean Harem is possible in this playthrough? Youmu wouldn't be bad, and it'd mean Nyom would have company.

Mary? Well considering how many issues this story's Mary has, it'd be a hard task, one that perhaps Anon wouldn't care for.

Since a trap with a harem would be a pretty cool thing.
>> No. 19194
Yukari has to go first. She can basically turn our harem end into a bad harem end.
>> No. 19195
>>19194

That goes without saying; one way or another, her muckery in the normal world has to stop. Killing her outright is no good.

But to stop that whole summoning stuff and to convince Yukari to leave the Hans alone. But i wonder... about Yuyuko's advice (easier said that done for she can kill us and Yukari isn't easy to fluster)
>> No. 19196
>>19195
Is there some sort of loop hole in the demon contract? One that we can use against her?

Besides using the wish to kill her and never come back to life for as long as one human still lives. And when that happens, she won't live long anyway.

And what's wrong with outright killing her? It worked just fine on the Icon of Sin in DOOM II.
>> No. 19198
>>19196

Simple; Kllling Yukari would possibly cause Gensokyo to cease to be in a messy fashion, affecting japan (like it said in a book earlier) and second if the first didn't happen it'd mean that she'd come back. (Youkai might have a bit of a hard time dying for good), But she'd be REALLY pissed off.

Hence the need to find a way to end this whole mess.

And again the matter of the choice between the graveyard and shrine comes up, since didn't Mary find that summoning alter in the graveyard? I suspect choosing the shrine would have entailed a completely different path than what we'd see.
>> No. 19207
>>19190

Renko had the advantage of being the only nice character to choose for most of the time. I think it was lack of option that made Anon go for her.
>> No. 19225
Now don't ruin this with a damn harem crusade. Do you really think you can handle the main story AND juggle multiple relationships at once? Even if you do it'd cause Aoi's personality to pull a story-breaking 180 degree spin. The only way it'd work is if they all fell for him but... then it'd just be Tenchi Muyo with a meek trap lead.

Us being hooked onto her early on was probably do to the fact we never ended up getting stuck in Gensokyo. The Prismriver mansion bit would've given us the chance to catch someone else but since we've been stuck in the outside without any other friends she's really shone.
>> No. 19228
It'd depend on how things play out and how much of the tale is left to go.

But you do have a point, since we were mainly in the outside world for most of the story, and Mary being how she is as a result, left Renko as the only real option. It also helps that Renko's pretty cool.

Now if by say choosing the shrine the three might have ended up in Gensokyo and things might have taken a different course, and perhaps things with Mary would have gone differently.
>> No. 19233
>>19228

If that was true, then maybe Yukari wouldn't be such a bitch if we chose that option. Unless some other idiot used the contract of course...
>> No. 19237
>>19233

Not all that likely unless Mr. Han decided to try for another wish.

But on that front I think in Gensokyo, Mary would reveal what happened and come off as sympathetic.

But Yukari would no doubt not come off as such a crazy bitch (She'd still be interested in Aoi some, but I doubt she'd be going around killing bystanders left and right) No idea on how the Mary/Yukari dynamic would play out in this hypothetical route.

But that makes me wonder how would the whole Layla's spirit angle be covered on the Gensokyo path, since in this it was her flute that caused the revelations, and Nyom.
>> No. 19246
>"Really now, your father should have taught you better manners before raping you. Then again, could it really be rape if you enjoyed it, I wonder...?"

Holy fuck. Yukari, I want to shit in your heart.

>[x] Ignore what just happened
>[x] Ignore what just happened
>[x] Ignore what just happened

No, there is a time for write-ins and this is one of them. We know Mary was molested by her father, we know she killed him, yet we don't know if mother knew. This is the kind of information we'll only get from the source, and only if we're alone where we can be given complete candor.

[x] No. You can't let Renko always take the lead on this: She may be her friend, but like you said at the table, Mary is your sister. Maybe you can coax her out of her room on your own?
-[x] Ren should be keeping a watchful eye on her own sibling.
>> No. 19248
File 125361538086.jpg - (292.55KB, 1000x678, Rencho.jpg) [iqdb]
19248
"Yeah... I don't feel like eating, though." In reality, you've completely lost your appetite by this point. "Maybe we should go do something else for now."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me." Breathing deeply, Renko takes a look at the morning dew of the garden before speaking again. "At least the weather is nice. If there's anything to be relieved about, it'd probably be the clear, blue sky."

Nodding, you space out a bit as Renko trots around to take a closer look at the garden. Taking a seat on the edge of the concrete wall that holds the dirt and plants in, you look at your feet and try to think about how everyone must feel this morning. Your mother seems to have a headache, Renko is the same as always, her sister is oblivious, Mary is upset, and almost all of the servants are stoic as they apparently should be.

Sighing, you decide that everybody has their own way to start the day, and that yours is just to try and make the best of the bad parts of it. Breathing in deeply, you start to go from thinking about family problems and the supernatural forces at hand to thinking about the smell of the flowers of this garden. Relaxing a bit, you find yourself thinking about nothing.

"Here you go~!" Tying a flower around a lock of your hair, Renko catches you off guard, causing you to babble with words that make no sense and blink rapidly for a few seconds. "There we go, a red flower to match with your outfit."

Taking a moment to think about what she had just been doing, you can't help but smile at the absurd situation. Giving her head a small tap with your fist, you laugh as she feigns extreme pain.

"I think I've had enough fresh air for now." Smiling warmly, you grab a hold of her hand, and start to walk towards the doors of the mansion. "I feel like watching TV for now, maybe the news. Maybe we could even get a hold of your sister and watch that show she likes so much?"

"Ho ho? I didn't know you actually liked shows like that, Aoi!" Grinning widely, Renko starts to tickle your stomach as she speaks. "Who could have known? Who could have known?"

The walk into the mansion becomes a race filled with laughter and horseplay in short order, as the two of you forget your problems for the time being in favor of enjoying eachother's presence for the time being.

.....

Since Hikari had already found a television to watch along with your mother, you decided to leave her be for now. It's actually kind of upsetting, since you sometimes like to watch those dumb shows with the girls in frilly dresses saying incantations and waving wands.

As a result, you settles for watching a news program on a TV in the room that's meant to be yours on the second floor. Sitting at the small table, you look on while the reporter talks about the usual national problems, an international issue or two, and a few stories about people actually being civilized for once. None of it is really interesting, but it's good to stay caught up on current matters.

"The news is so dull today..." Looking at the TV with half-shut eyelids, Renko expresses her boredom in the only way she knows how. "It's pretty much a carbon copy of what they were reporting the week before, only with minor changes to what's going on."

"Yeah, it is pretty boring, isn't it?" Giving her a sideways glance, you can see a mischievous grin coming to her face. "...What's that look about?"

"I was just thinking about doing something more fun." Sitting up, Renko continues to grin as she speaks. "Maybe some kind of game that two people could play, if we can think of something fun enough."

Just as you're about to protest and say that there aren't many fun games to play with just two people, the reasons for her grin become evident as she jumps at you and continues the tickle fight from earlier. Laughing uncontrollably, you try to sneak away, but Renko's grip is absolute. Seeing that, you decide to get back at her by doing the same, and start to move your fingers wildly over her midsection.

"Ahahaha!" Laughing harder than she had been, Renko continues to hold you in place, unrelenting. "Aha, th-that's too much! If you continue to do it like that, I won't be able to keep a hold of you!"

Giving up, you breathe out heavily as Renko also comes to a stop, laying on top of you instead of rolling off. Feeling satisfied for now, you let your head roll to the side as the two of you lay there a moment, exhausted. Only a minute later do you realize how awkward it'd be to be found in a position like this if someone were to suddenly walk in. That sort of thing is more likely to happen on some poorly written show, though, so you decide to just lay where you are and enjoy yourself for now.

[ ] "...Hey Renko, isn't this just a little bit... I dunno, kind of a weird position to lay in?"
[ ] You've got a different game to play with her, if she's as willing to 'play' as you are.
[ ] Just lay there, silent and content.
>> No. 19250
[x] Pull her close and kiss her softly.
[x] "So... should we lock the door, first?"

Test the waters. If she's not that into it, it's a joke. If she is, we're serious.

I'm probably leaving something out.
>> No. 19255
[x] Pull her close and kiss her softly.
[x] "So... should we lock the door, first?"
>> No. 19263
[x] Pull her close and kiss her softly.
[x] "So... should we lock the door, first?"

Would vote for something else, but at the rate Anon is voting here, we need a bandwagon to get things moving.
>> No. 19264
Vote, you bastards.
Why deny yourself hot Aoi lovin'?
>> No. 19265
[x] Pull her close and kiss her softly.
[x] "So... should we lock the door, first?"
>> No. 19266
[x] Pull her close and kiss her softly.
[x] "So... should we lock the door, first?"
>> No. 19267
[X] Pull her close and kiss her softly.
[X] "So... should we lock the door, first?"

Oh yes.
>> No. 19270
[X] Pull her close and kiss her softly.
[X] "So... should we lock the door, first?"
[X] "Don't you want to be surprised when that woman pokes her head in?"

Poor Mary, off crying because her mother is literally a demon, because her father molested her, and because she has been all but disinherited by her adoptive mother. Meanwhile, her adopted brother, the one who got all the magical ability she craved at no effort of his own, now banging her (once) best friend's brains out. I wonder if she'll hear that rhythmic thump-thump-thump of bedpost on drywall? Maybe she's in the next room over, slumped against the other side of the pounding wall, knowing full well that Yukari is looking on, ecstatic to see her struggle against the urges of her own body, ashamed but desperate.
>> No. 19272
File 125378526957.png - (2.08KB, 175x93, 1248417424253.png) [iqdb]
19272
>>19270

Fuck.
>> No. 19288
File 125379504752.jpg - (61.28KB, 370x514, Yukari 022.jpg) [iqdb]
19288
>>19270

Yes. Finally.
>> No. 19318
>>19270

...I don't want t read this story anymore. ;_;

Poor Mary. We should have chosen the shrine. Next time, we will choose the shrine, ok? There will be...a next time. Right?
>> No. 19319
>>19270

Alright, alright. Fine.

Next time we'll find Mary and let her join in.
>> No. 19320
>>19319

I dunno if she'd really want to join in... considering all things, and frankly I suspect sex with Mary would be frightening as she might scream out "Daddy!" or something like that.

But the shrine route (and thus Gensokyo most likely) would most likely have Mary come off as sympathetic, partially due to removing her from her element (and said summoning alter)
>> No. 19327
File 125385470971.gif - (2.52KB, 183x297, 1252223840964.gif) [iqdb]
19327
>>19320
>I suspect sex with Mary would be frightening as she might scream out "Daddy!" or something like that.
>> No. 19345
>>19270
Well now I feel like an utter bastard.
>> No. 19349
>>19327

Point was that Mary's going to need Therapy before she can think about such a thing, since I'm sure her father's treatment of her most likely terribly screwed up her view of sex and men. She might end up raping Aoi for all we know.

God knows how Yukari would really act, since she might lure Aoi into such a thing.
>> No. 19356
>>19349
>She might end up raping Aoi for all we know.

...Still feeling like a bastard, and yet, so very aroused.
>> No. 19428
You attempt to pull Renko close, then remember that she's laying right on top of you. This is honestly about as close as you could get, you think. Recovering, you brush your lips on hers, and attempt to manage a devious smile as you speak.

"So... should we lock the door, first?"

For a moment she just stares at you in a confused daze, before wrapping her arms around your neck and uttering false cries of "Aoi, you're so smooth!" and "How suave, I could just die!" As you attempt to laugh the embarrassment off, Renko rolls off of you and sits upright, flicking the TV channels around for a moment.

"Hmm... Nope, nothing good on until night comes." Stretching her arms, Renko yawns to express the mutual boredom in the air. "With time off, I'd rather go out and do something... It'd be like what we used to do, with devoting a day to club activities..."

Opting to just nod, you look at the TV briefly and quickly look away, not at all interested in what's on right now. Really, with news reports this boring they might as well be reporting on cats stuck in trees.

"...Hey, there's an idea." Sitting up, Renko seems to think for a moment with her eyes shut, nodding slightly as she does so. "...Okay, listen to this. What if we spent the day doing club activities like we all used to do together, to try and cheer Mary up a little?"

Giving Renko a doubtful look, you consider the idea. Although Mary is usually like a bomb ready to go off, she does seem a little too sad lately. It might be best to get her spirits up, especially if you want her help to deal with Yukari... Oh, who are you kidding. It'd just be purely nice to include Mary in your activities for once, and you still feel a little bad after making her break down like she did.

"Yeah, I like that idea." Nodding, you watch Renko's face as you continue to speak. "The graveyard is out of the question to go visit, though, so we'd have to think of something else... Like going downtown, or through a bike path in the woods or something."

"Mhm. We could also pack a lunch, and other things that we'd normally have taken with us to do those sorts of things." Nodding with an air of vigor about her, she continues. "Yeah, that's the perfect way to cheer her up!"

For a moment the two of you just sit there, until Renko stands up. Following her lead, you take off out of the room and down the hall, making your way towards the entryway, and then most likely to the basement. Just as you had predicted, you head down the steps of the basement and open the door, finding Mary there just like Renko had been expecting.

"...Hmm?" Noticing the two of you, she looks up from her book with jaded eyes. "...Why are you so happy? Is something weird going on?"

"Come on, Mary~!" Grabbing her by the hand, Renko pulls her up from her seat and proceeds to drag her out the door. "Enough lazing around and reading books! You don't seem to have anything to do today, so we're going to go do club activities for once!"

Struggling to get free, Mary looks at Renko like she's insane. She looks back down to the basement, and realizes that the three of you just went up to the ground floor against her will. With a sigh, she closes the door behind herself and looks at the two of you with a look that hints at bashfulness.

"...So, what was that you said? Club activities, like biking around and taking pictures of the woods and all?" Looking off to the side, she taps her shoes together. "I guess that doesn't sound too boring. There's worse things to do."

"Like sitting around and reading some dusty old novels in a basement!" Declaring that, Renko, grins proudly. "All we need to do is tell Youmu and the others what we're doing, and then take off."

"...Wait, only the three of us, not anyone else who's here?" Looking mildly shocked, Mary considers this for a moment before speaking again. "...Sure, whatever. I suppose that's fine too."

.....

Standing outside the Han mansion, the three of you had stopped a moment to talk about your destination. Putting the kickstand down, you look up at Renko and the not-so-enthusiastic Maribel as they speak.

"...Well, there's still a few places in the area that we've yet to visit." Looking thoughtful, Renko nods her head. "Then again, we could just go back and visit a place that we've been to before. I don't think there's too big a rush."

"I guess there isn't." Looking off to the side, Maribel seems a bit disconnected as she speaks. "Still, there aren't too many interesting places to go, and I'd rather not run into Yukari and her friends, so we'll have to turn around if we come across them."

Considering their words, you mull over the options while taking potential drawbacks into consideration. Picking a place to go to has become much more difficult than it used to be.

[ ] "What about the shrine? Sure, we've been there once or twice before, but it's big enough that we might find something new."
[ ] How about the graveyard? There's no way anything bad could ever happen there, right? Afterall, what screams innocence more than a row of graves and a freaky underground altar?
[ ] "We could ride around downtown, and maybe find somewhere interesting to go."
[ ] "You know the area as well as anyone with a map does, right, Renko? If anyone could find a good place to go, it'd be you."
>> No. 19429
[X] "What about the shrine? Sure, we've been there once or twice before, but it's big enough that we might find something new."
>> No. 19433
> [] "What about the shrine? Sure, we've been there once or twice before, but it's big enough that we might find something new."
Such as Yukari doing something man was never meant to see. It's way to close to the border.
> [] How about the graveyard? There's no way anything bad could ever happen there, right? Afterall, what screams innocence more than a row of graves and a freaky underground altar?
Obvious bad choice is obvious
> [] "We could ride around downtown, and maybe find somewhere interesting to go."
And Yukari could be in town, on a homicidal rampage.

[X] "You know the area as well as anyone with a map does, right, Renko? If anyone could find a good place to go, it'd be you."
Seems like the only safe choice. Plus, if Yukari finds us, we can blame Renko.
>> No. 19434
>>19433

I don't think Yukari would be too close to the shrine, and if in any case we might end up in Gensokyo, thus a somewhat safer place (I don't think Yukari would pull too many stunts there lest she cause an incident). And we might find an ally in Reimu (who is most likely unaware of all the crap Yukari's been causing)

I don't think Yukari would be running that badly amok downtown, but we might have a chance of running into her or one of the other gensokyo residents.

But I choose this: [X] "You know the area as well as anyone with a map does, right, Renko? If anyone could find a good place to go, it'd be you."

Alas our attempt to progress things didn't work out with Renko. Annoying being "there yet not there".

Also this story is a classic case of Yukari the villain (but she might be a slightly misunderstood one, considering what kind of crap the Hans put her through, and I suspect she's itching for revenge for being used as a genie/sexdoll? ); not saying she's completely justified but certainly explainable.
>> No. 19437
[ℤℯ] "What about the shrine? Sure, we've been there once or twice before, but it's big enough that we might find something new."
>> No. 19440
[X] "You know the area as well as anyone with a map does, right, Renko? If anyone could find a good place to go, it'd be you."
>> No. 19441
>>Also this story is a classic case of Yukari the villain (but she might be a slightly misunderstood one, considering what kind of crap the Hans put her through, and I suspect she's itching for revenge for being used as a genie/sexdoll? ); not saying she's completely justified but certainly explainable.

I can't wait to write those future routes.
>> No. 19442
[x] "What about the shrine? Sure, we've been there once or twice before, but it's big enough that we might find something new."
>> No. 19444
>>19441

Yeah I wonder if a Gensokyo route would put Yukari in a more positive light...

Since I remember what Yuyuko said to Aoi and Ren: that Yukari has been under more stress lately. (most likely caused by the summoning nonsense), and if I recall correctly she's manly been attacking Han-related people (such as in the mansion) This hints at a grudge towards the family. I wonder if Yukari's cruel attitude towards Mary is due to the matter of looking into a mirror for Yukari and finding a whimpering overly dependent reflection. That perhaps combined with the fact she's a Han resulted in a nasty reaction.

I do wonder what would happen if we ended up in Gensokyo at this rather late stage of the story.

I wonder when we'd also resolve the Ren love matter (since it's at an awkward state... more than friends but not quite lovers yet)
>> No. 19446
[ ] "What about the shrine? Sure, we've been there once or twice before, but it's big enough that we might find something new."

And then we find Reimu's YinYang Balls and talismans/spikes and seal Yukari forever.
>> No. 19457
[x] "What about the shrine? Sure, we've been there once or twice before, but it's big enough that we might find something new."
>> No. 19526
>>19441
I can't wait for Magical Boy Aoi and the side-stories.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x