[Return]
Archived Thread
File 123892911364.jpg - (258.69KB, 800x600, chen_orin.jpg) [iqdb]
15107 No. 15107
Testing Server Connection.
Connection Resolved.
Loading Scenario: Day 3, Afternoon

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

What are stray cats to do, then?
>> No. 15109
File 123893001135.jpg - (18.98KB, 300x300, bloody_rain.jpg) [iqdb]
15109
Loading User Commands:
[X] Immediately follow after her into the cave. You can't let her go in there alone.

---

Vincent slashes at the ghoul, slicing off its head cleanly off the neck. The creature falls down and twitches a few times before falling completely lifeless. Then, he takes a look around.

In every direction, the restless dead slowly creep toward him. Holding his sword in one hand and his torch in the other, he bravely tries to fend them off. He continues fighting, cutting the ghouls down one by one, but more rise up to take the place of the fallen. If this goes on, he will not have the stamina to face the Master.

"I have no choice, then," says Vincent.

He takes his sword and thrusts it into the ground. Then, he clasps his hands together in prayer. The ghouls continue to approach as he mumbles several cryptic passages and the names of saints. Suddenly, a bright circle of light forms around him. The circle grows brighter as he continues praying. A few of the dead try to swing at him, but they are immediately thrown back when their limbs approach the light.

Vincent opens his eyes and he puts his hand upon the handle of his blade. The steel edge begins to glow with unearthly light as he pulls the weapon out of the ground. Slowly, he lifts the weapon and faces his enemies.

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned," he whispers.

The whole world turns white around him as he swings his blade in a single, circular fashion. He can hear the moans and screams of the dead as they burn in the holy fire. Then, after a few moments, the world returns. He can see the scattered ashes of the dead all around him. But the silence is soon broken.

"Impressive, but foolish," says a mocking voice. "Wasting your energy on small fry like them."

From the shadows comes a single, tall figure. Long black hair, neatly kept. A white long-sleeved shirt, unbuttoned to expose his chest. And a confident smirk upon his deathly pale white face. There is no mistake. He must be the one raising ghouls to attack the villagers.

"Vampire and traitor," whispers Vincent. "It just had to be you, no less."

"Hunter and dog," replies the vampire. "Did headquarters send you alone? How typically foo-"

Suddenly, an arrow speeds through the air and drives itself straight into his open mouth. The vampire coughs blood, kneeling down in pain. For a moment, he sways from side to side, as if about to fall down dead. Then, he stops. He takes his right hand and grasps at the end of the arrow tightly. With one swift motion, he pulls out the arrow and throws it to the side. Then, he stands up and wipes his mouth.

"Not alone, I see," says the vampire with a smile. "This will be more interesting than I thought..."

"Chen! Get out of here! Now!" cries Vincent to the darkness behind him.

But instead, several more arrows fly toward the vampire. This time he dodges each with ease. Moving with supernatural speed, he rushes forward toward the unseen archer. In response, Vincent draws his blade and runs after him.

"Cheeky little bitch," mutters the vampire. "I see you now!"

The vampire raises his right hand, and with his fingernails, he digs it deep into his left arm. He cringes for a moment before pulling his hand out. Blood starts dripping in torrents from his self-inflicted injury. Then, he starts muttering words in the cursed tongue. The droplets of blood start floating toward his right hand, forming a dark, crimson blade.

Chen continues firing her crossbow at the vampire, but he easily deflects the incoming arrows with his new weapon. Within seconds, he is a few yards of the girl. From this distance, there is no way she can avoid this attack.

"I'm going to stick a little of me into the lot of you!" cries the vampire.

He swings down his blood sword at the girl, fully intending to slice her in half. But something unexpectedly stops his blade. The vampire blinks in mild surprise as Vincent blocks the crimson weapon with his own.

[ ] "We aren't finished yet, vampire."
[ ] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
[ ] "Chen! Get out of here!"
[ ] "Chen! Shoot him now!"
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15112
[x] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
>> No. 15114
[X] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
>> No. 15116
[x] "We aren't finished yet, vampire."
[x] Push him back.
[x] "Chen! When I say get out of here, I MEAN NOW! NOW! This is a direct order from your superior officer!"
[x] "From... your big brother..." fight the vampire as far away from Chen as you can.
>> No. 15117
[x] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
>> No. 15121
[x] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
[x] "Chen, pull back! On the double, soldier!"
[x] Occupy the vampire to cover her retreat.
[x] Once she gets a good bit of range, order her to lay down some supporting fire.

If we flat-out told her to leave, she'd just refuse, trying to be useful. We have to treat her as a comrade in order for her to listen to us.
This way she can get to a safe distance, while still helping us fight. The vampire's fast, but not fast enough to get past us and close the distance with Chen. Not while his head's still attached to his shoulders.

Chen is our little sister; we have to protect her.
...But she's also our sister-in-arms; we have to trust her, too.
>> No. 15122
[x] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
[x] "Chen, pull back! On the double, soldier!"
[x] Occupy the vampire to cover her retreat.
[x] Once she gets a good bit of range, order her to lay down some supporting fire.
>> No. 15123
[x] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
[x] "Chen, pull back! On the double, soldier!"
[x] Occupy the vampire to cover her retreat.
[x] Once she gets a good bit of range, order her to lay down some supporting fire.

sounds good
>> No. 15133
[d] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
[a] "Chen, pull back! On the double, soldier!"
[z] Occupy the vampire to cover her retreat.
[e] Once she gets a good bit of range, order her to lay down some supporting fire.

Changed my vote, and thank god this one came along.
>> No. 15138
>>15121
I understand your train of thought, though I honestly don't think she'll listen if we tell her just once - and so nonchalantly, at that.
>> No. 15140
>>15138

It wasn't meant to be nonchalant... On the contrary, I had envisioned a drill sergeant barking orders, or something along those lines.

But I still think it stands a better chance of working than telling her to flee for her safety in an extremely corny fashion.
>> No. 15143
>>15140
Sounded like it. Then again, that's what I get for trying to read emotions out of text.

Of course, that last part didn't really need to be used - getting angry at her is much more likely to get her out of harm's way. Better yet, we could shout that if she gets hurt, we can never keep the promise we made.
>> No. 15145
>>15143

Meh, does this really seem like the time for a heart-to-heart?

Besides, if we follow anime/manga convention, as soon as you you bring up your promise, you've pretty much guaranteed her death.

More importantly, I don't think we actually have time for something like that. Expressing deeply held emotions (which we would have to do in order for your suggestion to have effect) while mid-battle with a dangerous opponent is probably a bad idea, especially for someone as stoic Vincent. Our lapse in focus could get one or both of us killed.
>> No. 15146
File 123918623577.jpg - (129.61KB, 528x323, the_serpent.jpg) [iqdb]
15146
Loading User Commands:
[X] "Why don't you play with me, instead?"
[X] Custom

---

"Why don't you play with me, instead?" says Vincent.

He grins menacingly as they cross their blades.

"Interesting," hisses the vampire. "You are faster than I thought. I never thought that any hunter could surpass the speed of this incarnation."

"Incarnation?" he says. "You can't really be -"

Suddenly, the vampire backs away. After giving them both a mocking bow, he lowers his crimson blood sword lazily. He starts laughing at them, his eerie voice echoing along the cavern.

"Surprised? You foolish Church dogs never learn. You can never kill me. I have already surpassed that limitation. Your efforts are futile."

"The Serpent," whispers Vincent.

This is really dangerous. He didn't expect to encounter someone like him. He quickly turns to Chen.

"I need you to get some distance," he says.

"W-what? But we have him cornered!" argues the girl.

"Already preparing to run?" comments the Serpent. "I expected more from well-trained dogs like you..."

Vincent turns back to the vampire. Then, he smiles.

"Chen," he says. "Up to how far can you hit a moving target in the dark?"

For a moment, the girl gives him a confused look. Then, her eyes light up. She gives him a quick nod before disappearing into the darkness behind him.

"Buying time from your little girlfriend?" says the vampire.

"Nope," replies Vincent. "Don't misunderstand this, Serpent."

He raises his blade and points it at the vampire.

"We may not have the tools to finish you permanently," he says. "But you are most certainly going to die this day. I promise you that."

...

Several minutes later, after a long and arduous battle, they finally push the Serpent into a corner. Each time the vampire would avoid Chen's arrows, Vincent would slice him. Each time the Serpent would dodge his sword strikes, Chen would hit from afar. Working together, they attack until the vampire can no longer move.

"H-how can this be happening!" cries the Serpent.

The vampire collapses down on his knees. Both of his arms have been sliced off, and his chest and legs are riddled with arrows. His crystallized blood sword lies shattered on the ground.

"You have already lost," says Vincent.

"L-lost?" says the vampire. "Hah! I already found what I was searching for! This mediocre body is no longer any use to me. It is you who have lost the game."

"Captain," whispers Chen. "Let's finish this and return. Headquarters will need a detailed report on this incident."

She raises her crossbow and aims it straight at the Serpent's head. The vampire only smiles wider at this gesture. Noticing this, Vincent gently puts a hand upon the girl's shoulder.

"Not yet," he says.
>> No. 15147
File 123918649339.jpg - (118.36KB, 800x600, chen.jpg) [iqdb]
15147
"Having a crisis of faith?" mocks the Serpent. "How typical of the Church dogs. You swear your lives to the doctrine, yet have you ever saved anyone? Have you ever made the world a better place? You fools can't possibly under -"

Without warning, Vincent drives his sword into the vampire's leg. The Serpent screams loudly in agony, his voice echoing along the cavern.

"This body is weak," he whispers. "And you kept your operation nice and small. Why would the Serpent, who often chooses entities of high magical potential, reincarnate in such a weak host? And why so secretive, suddenly?"

Suddenly, the vampire stops screaming. He looks up at the hunter, then he smiles at him malevolently.

"I already found it," says the Serpent. "The place of legends. Once I return, I will obtain its power. Then, this world and all those beyond it will be mine..."

"Found what?" cries Vincent. "What did you find? Talk, you sick freak!"

The vampire cackles maniacally at them. He tries stabbing at the Serpent several more times, but the vampire only laughs harder. After a few minutes, he gives up and turns his back on the creature.

"Looks like we might have to bring him back alive," says Vincent. "I think we can bind him using -"

"Look out!" cries Chen.

Vincent turns around to see several projectiles flying toward him. He recognizes them immediately as crystallized blood darts. In the next second, he curses himself for falling into the vampire's trap. He doesn't have enough time to dodge this attack. Slowly, he closes his eyes in resignation.

"..."

But the darts never touch his skin. When he opens his eyes, he finds Chen standing in front of him. Her chest is pierced with several of the darts. His eyes widen in horror as he realizes what the girl just did.

"Chen!" cries Vincent as he catches her in his arms. "Why did you -"

"Damn," whispers the Serpent. "I missed..."

With those last words, the vampire lowers his head lifelessly. In a few moments, the body starts turning into ashes. But Vincent could care less about the Serpent right now. He turns back to the girl. Chen coughs violently coughs blood before looking up at him.

"Everything's going to be alright," whispers Vincent soothingly. He can feel tears roll down his cheek, but he manages a small smile.

"Liar," replies Chen.

She lowers her head and looks down at her chest, still impaled with several blood darts.

"T-that looks pretty bad, doesn't it?" says the girl jokingly.

"It's alright!" cries Vincent. "I'll take you to a healer. They will find some way to -"

Chen silences him with her finger. She weakly motions for him to come closer. He reluctantly obeys, knowing that these will be her last words. With the last bit of her strength, she shoves her crossbow into his arms. Her voice is only a whisper when she speaks, but he hears each word clearly.

"Don't cry," she whispers softly. "I am with you. Always."

Then, as the last light of her eyes dim, she smiles at him one last time.

He will never forget that peaceful face.

She was beautiful.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 15148
There's only one action.

[x] Manly tears
>> No. 15154
>>15148
[x] Bitch tears
>> No. 15155
When a heroic effort to save someone fails.

When emotions override even the stoniest of hearts.

When that which is worth dying for has been lost forever.

[x] Manly tears
>> No. 15158
[x] No tears.

This story has had quite a bit of drama and mindfucks.
Now, there are no tears left. They're gone.
There is only one thing left.

[x] Find The Serpent.
>> No. 15159
>>15158

I think it just died anon. Gotta wait on its respawn.
>> No. 15160
[X] Manly tears
>> No. 15161
>>15159

I know, that's why I said "find".
It's basically like Roa... Actually, maybe it is Roa, since he was a "Serpent", too.

We just have to hunt him down and kill him (preferably in a extremely drawn-out and painful way) every time he reincarnates. It might take years, or he might be reincarnating into a new body right now. But we need to know, and if it's the latter, he needs to die.
>> No. 15167
[x] Manly tears
[s]then girly tears. ridiculous girly tears.
[x] then no tears.
[x] Carry Chen out of the cave.

I don't know about the likelihood of getting Chen anywhere civilized, let alone somewhere significant to her, but at very least, we should get her out of this cave and bury her as far from here as possible.

Somewhere with plenty of sun I think...

Cats like to sleep in patches of sunlight

;_;
>> No. 15168
File 123924840781.jpg - (110.67KB, 500x700, 4916f5f496f7885d7900f438e34eca4d.jpg) [iqdb]
15168
>>15161

And start eating curry.
>> No. 15170
>>15168

Oh, hey! It's that... um... who're you again? Satsuki?
>> No. 15172
Damn.

Vincent just keeps killing those who love him, doesn't he?

Here's hoping Youmu's death was just mindfuck.

...Please? ;_; I don't like Youmu, and I like this Youmu.
>> No. 15173
>>15170
You're doing it wrong.

Faggot.
>> No. 15175
>>15173

NO U

Faggot.
>> No. 15176
>>15172

Nope. Everyone Vincent cares for is going to die in one of his dream sequences sooner or later.
>> No. 15177
File 123926715640.jpg - (509.43KB, 812x848, chen.jpg) [iqdb]
15177
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

"It'll be alright!" cries Vincent. "I'll take you to a healer. They will find some way to -"

Chen silences him, putting a tiny finger upon his lips. She waves her hand weakly, motioning for him to come closer. He reluctantly obeys, knowing that these may very well be her last words. And with the last bit of her strength, she shoves her crossbow into his arms. Her voice is only a whisper when she speaks, but he will never forget her words.

"Don't cry," she whispers. "I am with you. Always."

As the last light of her eyes dim, she smiles at him gently - a kind smile with no regrets. He watches in pain as he feels her heartbeat slow down. Closing his eyes, he does his best to smile back at her softly. Then, the girl passes away peacefully in his arms.

Vincent stays with her for a little bit longer, holding Chen close to his chest. He can still feel her warmth. Memories flash in his mind of happier times. But he does not cry out and curse at the night. Because nothing remains. There is nothing left to say. His face is expressionless and empty. Sitting alone with her in the cavern, he stays silent, the crossbow still in his hands.

A single bitter tear rolls down his cheek.

...

He can hear voices in the darkness. At first, they are too faint for him to make out the words. But after a few minutes, he starts to hear them more clearly.

"..at do... mean?"

"It's... way I can descri..."

".. he alright?"

"..be fine."

"I don't understand. How can he have... history?"

"I'm not sure myself. There are large gaps and parts that I can't access."

"But you said that you went in deep."

"I did. I was surprised when I couldn't see anything at all when we I first tried."

"You didn't have to knock him out..."

"There is some kind of interference, and the fact that his memories are fragmented doesn't help."

"What did you see?"

"Nothing much that we don't already know. He was a hunter for the Church in the outside. His experience in facing the supernatural explains his skills. But -"

Vincent slowly opens his eyes to see two blurry figures standing over him. Immediately recognizing the red hair, he gives Komachi a weak smile. A glance to the other figure confirms that Keine is also here. They both gasp in surprise when they notice him.

"E-eh? How do you feel?" says Komachi.

"Been better," he mumbles as he sits himself up. Checking himself quickly, he finds that he is uninjured and lying on a bed.

"Sorry for doing that," says Keine. "I still don't understand why I can't read your history. Something must be blocking my ability."

"Are you sure you're alright?" says Komachi. "You were tossing and turning in your sleep."

"Just a nightmare, I think," says Vincent.

He can feel the cold sweat upon his brow. That felt more like an old memory than a dream. But something else was there. Something that existed here in the waking world.

"My things?" he mumbles.

"Ah! Your things are in the corner over there," says Komachi. "Do you need anything?"

"Crossbow," says Vincent. "Where is it?"

The shinigami takes a moment to fetch the item. Once in his hands, he examines the weapon carefully. It looks exactly like the one Chen used in his nightmare. But that can't possibly mean that...

"Where?" he mutters. "Where is Chen?"

"I had her stay downstairs," says Keine. "Anyway, I need you to tell me exactly what you saw and maybe -"

Suddenly, the door to the room swing opens. A familiar nekomata girl comes inside carrying a tray full of tea and snacks. She takes a glance at Keine and Komachi before looking at Vincent. The girl gives him a bright and innocent smile.

"I brought snacks!" Chen cries. "Let's eat them together, big brother!"

[ ] No reaction.
[ ] Sigh in relief.
[ ] Give a small nod.
[ ] Smile at her gently.
[ ] Hold her in a tight embrace.
[ ] Kiss her.
[ ] Say something. (Specify)
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15178
[x] Sigh in relief.
[x] Give a small nod.
[x] Smile at her gently.

Whew
>> No. 15179
[x] Hold her in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
>> No. 15180
[x] Hold her in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[x]"I'm just... so glad..."
[OPTIONAL] Bitch tears.

It might surprise Chen.
It might make the tea drop.
It might cause misunderstandings.
...But I don't care. I really do need this right now.
>> No. 15181
File 123927122481.jpg - (46.52KB, 273x479, Chenwaitress.jpg) [iqdb]
15181
>>15180

Don't worry. Chen is strong.
Her tea NOT EVEN DROP.
>> No. 15182
[x] Sigh in relief.
[x] Give a small nod.
[x] Smile at her gently.
>> No. 15183
[X] Hold her in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[X]"I'm just... so glad..."
>> No. 15184
[x] Shoot Chen with the crossbow.
>> No. 15188
[x] Sigh in relief.
[x] Give a small nod.
[x] Smile at her gently.

As awful as that memory/dream sequence was now is not the time to spoil a peaceful moment; especially seeing how sparse those moments are becoming what with the voices coming out of nowhere...
>> No. 15189
[x] Sigh in relief.
[x] Give a small nod.
[x] Smile at her gently.
[x] Put that crossbow down before you hurt someone.
>> No. 15190
[x] Sigh in relief.
[x] Give a small nod.
[x] Smile at her gently.
>> No. 15192
>>15178
>>15188
>>15189
>>15190

Gaaaah!
Fuck you and your stoicism, Anon!

You dreamed your little sister died in your arms, having sacrificed herself to save you from a situation caused by your own carelessness. And you're just gonna give her a smile and a nod?

We've never had one of those "voice attacks" so soon after the last, and it won't happen now. If it makes you feel better, we can set aside the crossbow. Also, don't forget; we're surrounded by some of the most powerful beings in Gensokyo, we are largely unarmed, and they already know that we can have fits of irrational violence. Not even the voice would be stupid enough to pull this shit right now.

"Moment"? It's a moment to us because we just woke up from a horrific dream to find that one of our closest friends is still alive and well. So, on the contrary-- acting like the dream never happened would ruin it. This is a time for intimacy.
>> No. 15194
>>15184

I would like a word with you out back.
>> No. 15199
[x] Sigh in relief.
[x] Give a small nod.
[x] Smile at her gently.

It's not about stoicism, she's worried enough about you, acting like a madman isn't gonna make her feel better.

Letting her know you're ok and acting normally is a lot more reassuring.
>> No. 15202
[X] Hold her in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[X]"I'm just... so glad..."

How do you get from "hugging your sister" to "acting like a madman"?
Besides, this is as much for ourselves as her, if not more so.
>> No. 15206
>Not even the voice would be stupid enough to pull this shit right now.
Were I the author, I would reply to this with either "...Is that a challenge?" or better yet, Taken into consideration.
>> No. 15216
>>15206

But you aren't the author.
Go play with Kira.
>> No. 15217
[X] Hold her in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[X]"I'm just... so glad..."
>> No. 15219
[X] Hold her in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
>> No. 15221
If we're going to hug her, we might as well
[x] explain the dream.
>> No. 15232
Tied votes.

Leaving this open for another day. Choose wisely, Anon.
>> No. 15236
{X} Sigh in relief.
{X} Give a small nod.
{X} Smile at her gently.
>> No. 15237
This brings up theory of mine... I can't help but think all of these dream-like "memories" are not of events that have occurred, but perhaps that of which will come around; more like surreal premonitions if you will...

Probably far-fetched but I can't help but think of it as a reasonable explanation for the "memories", heck supposedly Keine's dead according to Vincent's "memory" and yet...

That said...

[X] Hold Chen in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[X]"I'm just... so glad..."

If some nasty shit is about to go down eventually, may as well appreciate what is at the here and now. As well as take action to prevent such tragedies to ever occur...

Assuming any of such theories are even remotely on target.
>> No. 15238
[X] Hold Chen in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[X]"I'm just... so glad..."
>> No. 15243
[X] Hold Chen in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[X]"I'm just... so glad..."

[X] Explain the dream afterwards.
>> No. 15274
Calling it.
[X] Hold Chen in a tight embrace. Now. You need this.
[X]"I'm just... so glad..."
>> No. 15276
File 12394443655.jpg - (402.59KB, 696x1003, chen.jpg) [iqdb]
15276
Loading User Commands:
[X] Hold her in a tight embrace.
[X] Custom

---

Suddenly, the door swings open. A familiar nekomata girl comes inside carrying a tray full of tea and snacks. She takes a worried glance at Keine and Komachi before looking at Vincent. The girl smiles brightly when she sees that he is alright.

"I brought snacks!" cries Chen. "Let's eat them together, big brother!"

Vincent blinks stupidly for almost ten seconds as he stares back at her. Again and again, a single thought repeats in his mind. He can see and feel no one else as he watches this girl cock her head curiously at his blank expression. That single thought occupies his whole existence, becoming more real than anything else. Before he realizes it, his body has already gotten up from the bed and is walking over to Chen.

The girl carefully puts the tray down on a nearby table before turning back to him. She gasps audibly in surprise when she notices that he is only a few steps away. Her face forms a small frown, as if puzzled. Then, before she can speak or react, he grabs on to the girl. Vincent holds her in a tight embrace.

Forget about surprising her. Forget about doing this in front of the others. Forget about causing misunderstandings. There is only one thought in his mind as he hugs the surprised girl.

She is still alive.

"I'm just... so glad..." he whispers.

For the next few moments, Chen simply stares at him in shock. She seems to be thinking about whether she should do something to get away. Then, to his surprise (and to everyone else's as well), she slowly closes her eyes and returns his embrace. The two of them stay together like for several minutes.

...

A little bit later, after some tea and snacks, they all went down to the living room. Chen immediately sat herself on his lap. Of course, that wasn't completely appropriate, so he gently lifted her up and seated her beside him. Chen opened her mouth to argue, but after he started brushing her hair, she just giggled and started leaning on him with her eyes closed. Komachi and Keine took seats opposite the odd pair. He immediately explained the dream he just had to everyone.

"Sorry about earlier," says Vincent sheepishly. "That must have been only a bad dream. None of it really happened, since Chen is still here. Thank goodness."

"So that's it," says Komachi. "I was wondering if you were turning into some kind of pervert. But I guess I was wrong about that. You aren't like a bad person at all - just a little messed up in the head. Right, Keine?"

The teacher looks up at him, her expression serious. She takes a few moments to contemplate before speaking.

"Not all of it," she whispers.

"What do you mean?" asks the shinigami.

"Not all of it was a dream," says Keine. "That much I am sure of. What you described partially matches what I saw when I examined your history."

"W-wait!" cries Komachi. "Does that mean that he really -"

"I don't know," admits the teacher. "But I have a small theory on it, if you would hear it."

"Please tell us," says Vincent.

"This is just a guess, mind you," says Keine. "But I think that the gaps of your memory are only created recently. The human brain doesn't like having these gaps, so it often tries to complete the picture by filling them up with anything that can 'fit'. Since Chen is a little sister figure to you, she took the place of your partner in the dream. Youmu might have similarly replaced your superior in the dream before that."

"Hmm, that sort of makes sense," says Komachi. "But what about you? He said that he never met you before."

"I'm not exactly sure," says the teacher. "When you think about my own appearance in his dreams, then it makes even less sense. We haven't met before, and he hasn't seen me transform."

"This is getting confusing," says Vincent.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't much help," says the teacher. "Maybe you can find the answers someplace else."

"Thank you very much, Ms. Keine," he replies. "I don't really understand any of it yet, but I think that you gave us some important clues."

"Anytime," replies Keine. "It's my duty to watch over humans, after all."

...

"Hey Chen," says Vincent. "Can you let go of me a little?"

"Eh? But why?" she whines.

As they walk by, several of the townsfolk cast second glances at them. To his right, he can see a couple of middle-aged women whispering among themselves. To his left, an old man is frowning in disapproval at him. He can't really blame them. Ever since they left Keine's place, Chen started clinging closely to him (those tails are even brushing on a sensitive place). Perhaps a little bit too close.

"I'd like to avoid attracting unnecessary attention," he says.

He gently parts Chen's hands, but she just looks up at him sadly.

"W-well, I guess I can hold your hand, at least," mutters Vincent.

At those words, the girl immediately takes hold of his left hand and starts walking cheerfully. Komachi walks a little bit to his right, smiling at their antics.

"She's become really close to you now," the shinigami says. "If Ran sees you two, she might get jealous~"

"Who's Ran?" says Vincent.

"She's my master," cries Chen. "She takes care of me and teaches me all sorts of things. I really like her a lot, but she's been very busy lately."

"Ah, I see," he replies.

The three of them soon find themselves at the center of the village.

"So, where should we go next?" says Komachi.

Vincent pauses. Youmu and Yuyuko might be worried about him, so they should probably head back. On the other hand, this is the first time he visited the Human Village. Maybe he can find something interesting here. Chen or Komachi might know other places to visit, as well.

[ ] Head back to Hakugyokurou.
[ ] Take a walk around the Human Village.
[ ] Ask Komachi where she wants to go.
[ ] Ask Chen where she wants to go.
[ ] Wander around aimlessly.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15279
[x] "Where do you girls want to go?"
>> No. 15282
[X] Head back to Hakugyokurou.

Don't we have a seal to reset again?
>> No. 15283
Before we vote, does anyone know how long we have to reset the skull?
>> No. 15284
>>15282 yeah I nearly forgot.

changing my vote to

[X] Head back to Hakugyokurou and reset the skull timer in case. We can check around the village later on if the day permits. If not the next day then.
>> No. 15288
[x] Head back to Hakugyokurou.

Yeah, I was waiting for the opportunity to do this.
Seriously, we need to figure out a way to unbind her.
>> No. 15289
>>15276
[X] Head back to Hakugyokurou.

While we didn't find out what happened to us while we were passed out, we did get some interesting new information. Good enough for now, time to head home.
>> No. 15294
>>15283
Once every 2 days. Apart from that, I believe it has only been 1.
>>15288
I suggest making a 100% effort to look for the book.
>> No. 15295
[X] Head back to Hakugyokurou.
[X] Make a 100% effort to look for the book.
>> No. 15300
[ze] Head back to Hakugyokurou.

>[x] Make a 100% effort to look for the book.
Yes, when we get to that point.

This skull-resetting assumes Youmu is still alive.

...I hope she is. ;_;
>> No. 15301
[x] Head back to Hakugyokurou.
>> No. 15302
>>15300
If she's dead by the time we get back, expect Yuyuko to eat us.
>> No. 15305
>>15302

Vincent can take her.
>> No. 15307
>>15305
Could Vincent take Yukari?
>> No. 15309
>>15307

Why the hell would he have to do that?
Yukari doesn't strike me as the vengeful type, and it's less than likely that he'd "kill" Yuyuko, even with his anti-undead weapons.
>> No. 15346
File 123971245351.jpg - (141.96KB, 600x600, komachi_youmu.jpg) [iqdb]
15346
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head back to Hakugyokurou.

---

"So, where should we go next?" says Komachi.

Vincent pauses for a moment.

"I should head back to Hakugyokurou," says Vincent. "The others might be worried."

"Indeed, they probably are," says the shinigami, nodding. "Well, maybe the half-ghost at least. Yuyuko is pretty carefree about most things."

Chen tugs at his shirt to get his attention.

"Are we visiting big sis Yuyu again?" she asks hopefully.

"Why not?" says Vincent. "They don't seem to mind the company."

"Shall we go then?" says Komachi.

Without another word, the shinigami takes a little hop and is soon hovering in the air.

"Chen, can you take care of him?" she asks.

"Yep," says Chen. "I'll take care of big brother!"

As all three of them take to the air, Vincent suddenly gets a feeling that he is being watched. He glances behind them, but sees nothing suspicious. Is he imagining things?

...

"I'm going to see if big sister still has sweet buns!" cries Chen.

The little nekomata girl quickly runs inside the mansion. Vincent smiles as he wonders at the girl's seemingly endless energy. After a moment, Komachi lands beside him. She pats him on the shoulder encouragingly.

"Cute, isn't she?" she says. "But if you let her go alone, she'll eat them all, you know."

[ ] Quickly follow after Chen.
[ ] Look around for Youmu.
[ ] See if you can find Yuyuko.
[ ] Take a walk with Komachi.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15348
>>15346
[X] Look around for Youmu.

Clock's ticking
>> No. 15350
[X] "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
[X] Look around for Youmu.
--[X] Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.

First thing's first.
Can't have anyone following us, though.
If she's gone, maybe Yuyuko will know.
>> No. 15351
[X] "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
[X] Look around for Youmu.
--[X] Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.

Works for me~!
>> No. 15352
{X} "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
{X} Look around for Youmu.
--{X} Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.
>> No. 15353
[X] "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
[X] Look around for Youmu.
--[X] Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.
>> No. 15354
[†] Look around for Youmu.

Feel sorry for Machi-machi (Hope she got a route in another story.) but in this story ill want a Youmu rute, she is the one to fit Vincent.
>> No. 15355
[X] "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
[X] Look around for Youmu.
--[X] Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.

Still feel guilty over the sweetbun incident... ;_;
>> No. 15356
[X] "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
[X] Look around for Youmu.
--[X] Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.
>> No. 15357
[x] "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
[x] Look around for Youmu.
--[x] Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.

>>15354
I like this Machi, too~
>> No. 15358
File 12397521779.jpg - (145.78KB, 400x581, sakuya.jpg) [iqdb]
15358
It was a mistake.

When he thinks back, he did set himself up to fall into this ambush. Why did he insist on walking around the village alone? Why did he trust a "gut feel" over Komachi's advice? Why didn't he take Keine's warning seriously? What was he thinking? But more than all that, why was this maid trying to kill him now?

"D-damn it," mutters Vincent as he catches his breath behind a tree.

He doesn't know how long he has been running. He has no idea how far he is from the village. All he knows is that if he stops, he is most definitely going to die.

"What the heck did I do to -"

His complaint is cut off abruptly when he senses the next attack. Three different knives fly toward him from different directions, each moving at a different speed. He immediately draws his sword to deflect the projectiles. Then, he maintains a defensive stance. Over twenty minutes have passed since this chase began, and he is getting tired of all this running.

"Damn it all!" he cries out. "Why are you doing this? I did nothing to you!"

At those words, over a dozen knives start flying at him. He easily deflects the attack with his weapon, though he can feel something even more dangerous approach. From the distant shadows, a familiar silver-haired girl walks into the open.

"Like I said earlier," says Sakuya coldly. "Don't take it personally."

"Don't take it personally?" repeats Vincent. "You're trying to kill me!"

"The cleaning never ends," says the maid. "Just stay still and die already. You are only delaying the inevitable."

"Why are you trying to kill me?" he cries. "Don't I at least deserve to know that much?"

Three knives appear in the maid's right hand. Vincent immediately prepares to block the attack, but Sakuya pauses at his question. Then, to his surprise, she answers.

"You are dangerous," she says. "If I leave you alone, you will most certainly hurt those around you. Even those you care about."

"What are you talking about?" he cries.

"I've seen it before," whispers Sakuya, almost sadly. "I won't let it happen again."

With those words, the chief maid throws several more knives at him. Vincent barely has time to block this attack, and before he realizes it, the chief maid is already standing beside him. From this distance, there is no way he can dodge or block her next strike.

He is going to die. His vision starts to blur violently, and time seems to slow down as Sakuya moves her knife-hand. The last thing he hears is a strange voice whisper from the back of his head.

"Not yet."

...

Vincent opens his eyes and blinks slowly. His brain takes a few moments to absorb his surroundings. All around him is a scene of devastation. Several trees are sliced cleanly at the trunk. Some of them seem to be charred black. The air smells like charcoal and burnt steel.

"Why do you hesitate?" whispers a voice from below.

He looks down to see Sakuya lying with her back on the ground. She looks badly bruised, and she has cuts all over. Her arms and legs are full of burn marks. Several strangely marked cards lie on the ground beside her, each of them sliced cleanly in half. Her left hand seems to be gripping a knife, though only half-heartedly. The girl stares defiantly at him, but he can see a glimmer of fear in her eyes.

Then, he realizes that he is standing right over her. At this moment, he is holding his blade over her neck, ready to end her life at any moment. Pain and exhaustion fill every part of his body, but more than that is the adrenaline. He must defeat this girl. He won't have this chance again. It will only take a little more effort to finish the battle.

"I was right," says Sakuya. "You really are monstrous. Even my ability isn't enough."

"You..." mutters Vincent. He can't think very clearly.

"That was careless," says the girl as she closes her eyes. "I hope Lady Remilia forgives my indiscretion."

"You...?" he repeats. Somehow, he needs to finish this.

"I guess I am going to die here," she says. "A dog's death, isn't it?"

"You." he whispers. He doesn't understand anything, and his body is moving without his consent.

"I haven't even told him how I feel," whispers Sakuya, her voice full of regret.

"You... look beautiful when you fight," says Vincent.

Suddenly, he feels himself press his lips against hers. He pushes his tongue roughly to part her lips. His hands feel the girl's delicate curves and soft skin through her uniform. His body, still hot from the battle, leans forward desperately against hers.

Then, his mind regains control. He immediately pulls away from her and drops his weapon. Was he just about to ravage this girl? What the hell is wrong with him? What is happening to him?

"W-what am I -" says Vincent as he backs away.

"Vincent!" cries another voice. "There you are! What happened here?"

"E-eh?" he says.

He glances behind to see Komachi running toward him, her face full of worry.

"What happened?" she cries. "Why are you hurt?"

"Ah!" says Vincent. "Well, that is..."

As he turns around, he finds that the chief maid is already gone.

...

After making sure that she is some distance away from the battlefield, Sakuya pauses behind a tree to catch her breath. Cursing at her own weakness, she straightens up her dress. Then, she starts examining her wounds. After finding that she isn't badly injured, she looks up to stare at the clouds.

"..."

Before she notices it, she puts a finger to her lips. More than the battle and the pain, she can feel something else burning warmly within. She can still feel every moment of that brief kiss. Sakuya has never felt anything so passionate. She stares dreamily at the clouds as she savors the feeling.

Then, she shakes her head as she returns to reality.

"W-what am I thinking?" she whispers harshly to herself.

It was a mistake.
>> No. 15359
>>Suddenly, he feels himself press his lips against hers. He pushes his tongue roughly to part her lips. His hands feel the girl's delicate curves and soft skin through her uniform. His body, still hot from the battle, leans forward desperately against hers.

It's about time someone raped her!

>>Then, his mind regains control. He immediately pulls away from her and drops his weapon. Was he just about to ravage this girl? What the hell is wrong with him? What is happening to him?

... Damn it.
>> No. 15360
wat
>> No. 15361
>>15358
>>"I haven't even told him how I feel," whispers Sakuya, her voice full of regret.

Yet another sign that Anonymous wants moar Grey.
>> No. 15362
>>15358

When is Earl gonna get some action? The other Greys are cramping up his style.
>> No. 15366
>>15362

I agree that Grey's story certainly seemed... incomplete.
We didn't even choose a definite route. Or get Sakuya her mirror. Or figure out who we really are. Or who that glasses-guy was. Or the curse was, and how it came to be. And what about Koakuma? What was up with that?

Maybe Grey will be the main character in the inevitable finale that ties the three CYOAs together?
Also because I think the writefag knows that attempting to keep 3 simultaneous threads running would be a bad idea.
>> No. 15367
[~] "That's fine. I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."
[z] Look around for Youmu.
--[e] Ask Yuyuko if you can't find Youmu.
>> No. 15371
The entire SDM is hot for Grey, awesome
>> No. 15373
>>15371
>>The entire /sdm/ is gay for Grey, awesome
>> No. 15377
File 123985246363.jpg - (254.01KB, 781x859, youmu.jpg) [iqdb]
15377
Loading User Commands:
[X] Look around for Youmu.
[X] Custom

---

"Cute, isn't she?" says Komachi. "But if you let Chen go alone, she'll eat them all, you know."

"That's fine," Vincent says. "I, uh... owe her a few, if I remember correctly. You should go with her. I'll catch up in a little while."

"Ha ha, alright," says the shinigami. "Just don't wander around too long. I'll try to save some for you."

"Thanks Komachi," he replies.

With one last wave, the shinigami heads into the mansion, her scythe leaning lazily on her shoulder. After making sure that she is out of sight, Vincent starts walking to the side, toward the garden. Perhaps Youmu is working somewhere out there.

A few minutes later, finding no trace of the half-ghost, he returns to the mansion proper. He passes by a few places: the dojo, the bath, and the other rooms, but he doesn't meet anything other than the occasional wandering wisp. Deciding that she must already be with the others, Vincent starts to head back to his own room, instead. Maybe he can find something useful, like that black book. He still can't understand how he lost that thing. It can't possibly -

"Mmph!"

Suddenly, something soft and smooth accidentally bumps into his chest. He looks down to see someone look up at him in surprise, a familiar ghostly wisp floating beside her. Upon recognizing him, the girl immediately steps back and bows in a formal manner.

"A-ah!" cries Youmu. "I'm sorry about that! I wasn't watching where I was going."

"It's alright," says Vincent. "Don't worry about it. In fact, I was just looking for you."

"Eh? You were looking for me?" the half-ghost says.

"Well...that is," he mutters. "I wanted to see you again, I suppose."

Realizing what he just said, Vincent feels himself start blushing. A split-second later, Youmu starts turning a bit red as well.

"Ah, don't misunderstand!" he cries.

"O-of course," replies Youmu. "Anyway, it's good enough to know that you are alright."

"Yeah," says Vincent. "Good to see that you are fine too."

An awkward silence passes between them for a couple of minutes. Then, the half-ghost suddenly looks at him with determination. She strokes her hair nervously as she speaks.

"Hey Vincent," she says. "C-can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he replies.

"W-would you have a duel with me?" whispers Youmu, her face red and embarrassed.

[ ] Accept. You can start right now.
[ ] Accept. You can have one tonight.
[ ] Accept. You can have one some other time.
[ ] Refuse. You don't want to get hurt.
[ ] Refuse. You don't want her to get hurt.
[ ] Refuse. You don't want anyone to get hurt.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15378
>>15377

[x] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[x] Accept. You can have one tonight.
>> No. 15379
>>15378
Good call anon.

[X] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[X] Accept. You can have one tonight.
>> No. 15380
[x] Refuse, for now. You need to think about it. You don't want her to get hurt, because right now you're dangerous.
[x] Reset her skull.
>> No. 15381
[X] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[X] Accept. You can have one tonight.
>> No. 15382
{X} First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
{X} Accept. You can have one tonight.
>> No. 15383
[X] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[X] Accept. You can have one tonight.
>> No. 15385
[~] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[z] Accept. You can have one tonight. But...
[e] You're a bit dangerous tonight. Tell her what's happened, and then let her decide if she really still wants to.
>> No. 15386
[x] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[x] Accept. You can have one tonight.

Can't deny Youmu.
>> No. 15389
[X] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[X] Accept. You can have one tonight. But...
[X] You're a bit dangerous tonight. Tell her what's happened, and then let her decide if she really still wants to.
>> No. 15391
[X] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.
[X] Accept. You can have one tonight. But...
[X] You're a bit dangerous tonight. Tell her what's happened, and then let her decide if she really still wants to.
>> No. 15398
File 123993018447.jpg - (57.27KB, 600x836, youmu.jpg) [iqdb]
15398
Loading User Commands:
[X] Accept. You can have one tonight.
[X] Custom

---

"I, uh... that is..." mutters Vincent.

Youmu lowers her head sadly at his hesitation.

"Well, let me handle this one first," he says.

"Eh? What are you -"

He quickly places his hand over her ghost half and feels gently for the skull. The half-ghost moans quietly as he strokes the wisp, but she doesn't argue or resist. A few moments later, he locates the seal and starts uttering the command word to reset the spell. After completing the ritual, he sighs in relief as he backs away.

"Just wanted to make sure that was done," says Vincent. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"Thank you very much," replies Youmu, frowning. "But I believe it would be simpler to remove the seal, though that really isn't any of my business, now is it?"

"Uh..."

He can't tell her that he lost the book, which is his only means of removing the seal. Besides, as long as he regularly resets the spell, she is in no real danger. For now, he should just give her some excuse. Still, he really needs to recover that manual.

"I can't do that right now," says Vincent. "There are certain conditions that need to be fulfilled, you see."

"I see," Youmu says.

"Just so you know," he adds. "I'm working on a way to remove it more quickly. Please don't worry about it."

"Hmm," she replies. "Does that mean that you don't think that I can harm you?"

He shakes his head and takes her hands into his. Youmu gasps silently, but she doesn't pull herself away.

"It means that I trust you," he says.

They stare into each other's eyes for almost a minute before parting. Youmu looks away, though she has a tiny smile on her face. Then, she starts walking toward the dining room.

"I better prepare something for our other guests," she says.

He gives her a nod as he follows after her. After a few steps, however, she pauses.

"About my request earlier..." whispers Youmu.

"Ah! About that..." he says.

The half-ghost turns around and looks at him hopefully. Seems like she really wants to do this. He can't really think of any reason to refuse. As long as it doesn't involved any permanent damage, he doesn't mind that sort of exercise.

"Sure," says Vincent. "We can have one tonight, but no killing or heavy wounding, alright?"

"Of course," says Youmu. "It's just a friendly duel. I only need to confirm something."

"Alright," he replies.

As they walk toward the dining room, he notices something different about the half-ghost. Did he do something to change her mood? For some reason, she seems almost... happy.

They are approaching the dining room.
[ ] Go with Youmu.
[ ] Pass by your room first.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15399
[x] Go with Youmu.
>> No. 15400
[x] Go with Youmu.
>> No. 15401
[ ] Pass by your room first.

hey wait a sec, in the story with grim isn't the alice in the wonderland world carrying a strange black book?
>> No. 15402
[X] Go with Youmu.
>> No. 15405
[ze] Go with Youmu.
>> No. 15407
[x] Go with Youmu.

>>15401
That's probably just Alice's own Grimore.
>> No. 15410
File 124002822115.jpg - (160.14KB, 850x1200, youmu.jpg) [iqdb]
15410
Loading User Commands:
[X] Go with Youmu.

---

"Vincent," says the half-ghost. "Can I ask you another question?"

"Of course," replies Vincent.

Youmu stops in her tracks and turns around to face him.

"Have we met in the past?" she asks. "I mean to say, before a few days ago."

He pauses to ponder the thought.

"Sorry, I don't really understand," he replies. "We met only recently, right? And not in the best of circumstances, if I remember."

"Yes, of course," says Youmu. "It's just that when we're together, I feel like I've known you from long ago. But I guess it must be my imagination...."

"Well, I -"

"Forget about it," she says. "Sorry for rambling on like that."

The half-ghost gives him a small smile as she starts walking again. He opens his mouth to talk, but he can't find the words. Admittedly, he feels the same way about her. He has seen her in his dreams before, and even now, he feels something familiar about this girl. But how is he supposed to tell her that without sounding crazy or stupid?

Vincent shrugs away those thoughts as they near the dining room. No point in ruining the afternoon with such topics. The atmosphere between them has improved, so he might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

"..."

Then, a sudden chill wind blows against them. He shivers slightly at the cold, and in a moment, he recognizes the sensation. Something dangerous is around. He takes a quick glance at his surroundings and focuses his senses. It seems to be coming from somewhere outside.

"I-It's getting a bit chilly, isn't it," says Youmu.

"Do you feel anything strange?" he says.

She pauses for a moment to rub her shoulders.

"Not really," she replies.

Youmu opens the door to the dining room. She heads inside first, greeting Komachi and Chen. Vincent takes a glance at the them. They seem to be pleasantly waiting for the snacks. Then, he notices that Yuyuko isn't anywhere in sight. That strikes him as a bit odd. She doesn't seem to be the type to miss a meal. As he considers the situation, the half-ghost walks back up to him.

"Have a seat," says Youmu. "I'll be right back with some snacks."

[ ] Offer to help Youmu at the kitchen.
[ ] Ask her about Yuyuko's whereabouts.
[ ] Head inside the dining room with Chen and Komachi.
[ ] There is something strange outside...
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15411
[ ] There is something strange outside...
>> No. 15413
[X] There is something strange outside...

Can't have any party crashers now can we?
>> No. 15414
[X] There is something strange outside...
>> No. 15415
[X] There is something strange outside...
>> No. 15416
[X] There is something strange outside...
>> No. 15418
[x] There's something strange in the neighborhood.

Who you gonna call?
>> No. 15419
[x] Offer to help Youmu at the kitchen.
[x] Ask her about Yuyuko's whereabouts.
>> No. 15421
File 124009473943.jpg - (14.27KB, 497x375, fog.jpg) [iqdb]
15421
Loading User Commands:
[X] There is something strange outside...

---

"Have a seat," says Youmu. "I'll be right back with some snacks."

The half-ghost gives Vincent a tiny smile as she starts walking toward the kitchen. She seems to be in a good mood, and the atmosphere is quite pleasant between them. He almost regrets having to end this peaceful moment, but safety comes first. Before she can go beyond a few steps, he takes a firm grip on her wrist to stop her.

"Wait," he says.

"E-eh?"

"Something is wrong," says Vincent. "There is something strange outside... something dangerous."

"W-what?" cries the half-ghost as she pulls away from his grip. She frowns at him, half-expecting it to be a joke.

"I'm going to investigate," he says. "I really hope that I'm wrong about this."

"Huh?" says Youmu. "Wait, what are you -"

"Stay with the others," he says firmly.

Without waiting for her reply, Vincent starts running off into the grounds. A thick fog has enveloped the area, and visibility is poor. He moves on in the direction that feels coldest. There is something eerie about this atmosphere. It feels... inhuman.

He draws his sword as he walks forward. They are closer now. He can feel them. And as he approaches, their rank stench grows more intense. The smell of rotting flesh and blood becomes almost unbearable as he gets closer. The creatures' unintelligible moans and growls only confirm their presence.

Then suddenly, everything becomes silent. Vincent stops in his tracks to prepare for the attack. He tightens his grip on his blade as he checks for his gun with the other hand. This time, there is no mistake.

They are coming.

[ ] Wait for them to attack.
[ ] Rush forward to cut them down.
[ ] Slowly retreat back toward the mansion.
[ ] Custom

Weapons?
[ ] Use the gun.
[ ] Use the sword.
[ ] Use the crossbow.
>> No. 15423
[x] Slowly retreat back toward the mansion.
[x] It's best to use every weapon at your disposal. A heavy preference towards the sword for close-combat, the bow for long-distance, and the gun as a last resort.
>> No. 15424
[X] Slowly retreat back toward the mansion.
[X] Use the Sword.

Getting surrounded would be bad.
>> No. 15425
We fight youkai beasts and ghouls. We can survive a duel with Youmu. I think we also injured Remilia somehow. And we can probably beat Sakuya.

And you guys still hesitate?

[x] Rush forward to cut them down.
[x] Use the sword.
>> No. 15428
[x] Rush forward to cut them down.
[x] Use the sword.
>> No. 15430
[X] Slowly retreat back toward the mansion.
[X] Custom: Use the sword for close combat while reserving the gun as a last resort; not to mention once it's bullets are spent you can use it as a secondary bludgeoning weapon.
Hope you'll not have to resort to that...

I'd hesitate on the grounds that if there's a lot of them, tiring yourself out in the open would be a bad idea. Plus what of Chen and Komachi? Sure Komachi can handle herself but what of Chen..? Can't have any of the decaying skulking around the place while being outside handling the currently visible...

It's one thing to show off when there's no need to be worried later on, It's another when your facing large numbers that can keep coming at you.

More aid the better.
>> No. 15433
[x] Slowly retreat back toward the mansion.


You know how we've been hallucinating and how unseen forces have been urging us to attack our allies?

Yeah.
>> No. 15439
[†] Slowly retreat back toward the mansion.

If the things turned out dangerously just give the Crossbow to Chen :)
>> No. 15440
[x] Slowly retreat back toward the mansion.
[x] Use the sword.
>> No. 15504
File 12403927058.jpg - (39.96KB, 500x375, violet_light.jpg) [iqdb]
15504
Loading User Commands:
[X] Slowly retreat back to the mansion.
[X] Use the sword.

---

They are coming.

Vincent takes on a defensive stance as he looks into the darkness. From the sounds and the chill air, he is sure that the undead are approaching. However, the fog is too thick to make out their numbers.

[Something else...]

He isn't sure, but there is something else approaching him. This is something he doesn't recognize as undead. Pausing, he takes a glance at the way he came. He doesn't sense anything from that direction. Perhaps he should retreat back to the mansion. While the other three can easily take care of themselves, they might be in danger if they are caught off-guard. After all, even the half-ghost didn't sense this attack.

Very slowly, he takes a single step backward. Then, in the next moment, the air is filled with high-pitched shrieks. He barely has the chance to react as three ghouls rush forward from the mist.

[Not these... no, not these...]

Vincent swings his sword widely, slicing through rotting flesh and bone. He can feel their blood splatter against his face. The grotesque creatures pause for a moment, glaring at him with their glowing red eyes. Then, they break up into pieces as they collapse lifelessly on the ground. He takes a moment to look at them more closely. They look like the ghouls he faced the other day. Then, he hears more hurried footsteps approaching.

"Oh shit," he cries loudly.

[Fall back... this one is strong...]

Immediately, he starts running back toward the mansion. A few seconds later, he halts to cut down the faster ghouls. Then, he runs once more, only stopping to slash at a few ghouls every so often. He grins to himself as he remembers this tactic. By fighting a running battle, he only has to face two or three ghouls at one time, since they all run at different speeds. This way, he can reduce their numbers and avoid getting surrounded.

[Dangerous...]

Several minutes pass as the chase continues. He only hopes that he has enough stamina to reach the mansion. Then, as if to answer his worries, he spots something in the distance. A strange, purple light seems to call out to him from the right. Somehow, it feels familiar.

[ ] Approach the light.
[ ] Ignore the light.
>> No. 15505
[x] Ignore the light.

Curiosity kills cats, paranoia blocks cocks. That's an obvious bad end right there.
>> No. 15506
[X] Approach the light.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Plus at the rate how these monsters are attacking, Vincent may very well not make it back to the mansion before being overpowered.

Wing it and go for it!
>> No. 15508
[X] Approach the light.

Fuck it, why not?
>> No. 15513
[X] Approach the light.
>> No. 15516
[X] Approach the light.
>> No. 15517
Cross over children. All are welcome. All welcome. Go into the Light. There is peace and serenity in the Light.

[+] Ignore (be wary of) the light.
>> No. 15572
File 124055483123.jpg - (143.92KB, 850x755, yuyuko.jpg) [iqdb]
15572
Loading User Commands:
[X] Approach the light.

---

"That light," Vincent says aloud.

There is something familiar about it. He has seen this before. Immediately, he turns to the right, away from the mansion. He starts running closer to the source of the strange glow. Moments later, he finds himself obsessed as he continues toward the light. He must know what this is, and he must hold it in his hands.

Before he knows it, he is standing in the middle of a small clearing. All around him stand cherry trees, a few of which are in bloom even if it isn't the season. Then, at the center, is a sight that he could only watch in awe. Thousands of butterflies are spiraling around something, each insect emitting a tiny purple glow, like a large firefly, but prettier. As they circle around the area, a single word comes to mind.

"A dance," he whispers.

Then, he turns around in reflex, expecting the ghouls to attack. But they do not come. In fact, he hasn't sensed their presence ever since he started heading toward the light. Of course, he might have been too distracted at the time. Right now, in this small clearing, he can't see, hear, nor smell the undead. All he feels is a slight chill in the still air.

Vincent turns back to the dazzling display of color and light. As his eyes adjust, he starts to make out a vague figure at the center. Wait, isn't that -

"Yuyuko?" he says uncertainly.

The figure looks up at him and nods. She takes a few steps forward to reveal herself. The ghost princess looks exactly as he would expect. There is nothing physically wrong with her dress or appearance. That is, with the exception of one thing: upon her face is a sad and lonely expression that he hasn't seen before.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

Yuyuko gives him small smile, but her eyes seem full of sorrow. He shivers slightly as he realizes how ghostlike she seems right now. This is so very different from the energetic and playful ghost princess that he knows.

"E-er, we should go back," says Vincent. "It's dangerous right now."

"Dangerous?" repeats Yuyuko listlessly.

"The undead," he says. "Ghouls. Reanimated corpses used to torment the living. We have to return to the mansion. I'm worried about the others."

"Others?" she says, as if the word was foreign to her.

"Yuyuko, are you really alright?" he asks once more.

She turns to him with that sad smile and looks deeply into his eyes. Then, as if awoken from a dream, a sudden realization hits him. Vincent blinks stupidly as he realizes just how beautiful this girl is, even supernaturally so. No, beautiful is a term used for plants and flowers and other mortal things. For some reason, he is reminded of angels and goddesses as he continues watching her, enthralled and mesmerized. He has never seen anything like this in his life, and he wouldn't hesitate to give everything up just to enjoy this moment a little longer.

"Yuyuko," he says aloud, only barely aware of his own words.

"Dance with me?" offers the ghost princess.

Vincent doesn't have the will to outright refuse or run away. After all, why would he?
[ ] Stay with her.
[ ] Talk to her.
[ ] Dance with her.
[ ] Embrace her.
[ ] Kiss her.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15573
[X] Dance with her.
>> No. 15574
[x] Get the fuck away from her. Now.
>> No. 15575
[x] "Dancing requires music." Imitate the hand gestures of a maestro. "Listen."
[x] Stop suddenly.
[x] "Normally, we could expect the cicadas to play our drums, the tweeting of birds our horns, the buzzing of gnats our strings. Listen. No wind. Not even the sound of your own heart beating. Nothing."
[x] "Now I've gone and depressed myself. Would you mind terribly if I were to ask you to share a drink with me?"
>> No. 15577
[+] Dance with her.
>> No. 15578
>>15575

There is no way that Vincent could pull this off. Sounds more like Grey to me.
>> No. 15579
[x] Talk to her.
[x] Dance with her.

No reason we can't be romantic AND informed.
You don't dance with your mouth, after all.
>>15578
Well, unless you're SDM's butler...
>> No. 15581
File 124059836758.jpg - (36.48KB, 640x480, 51desoto.jpg) [iqdb]
15581
>Kiss of Death
>Embrace of Death
>Dance of Death
These are likely not good options.

[z] Talk to her.
[e] Custom. 1951 DeSoto Custom, in fact.
>> No. 15582
[ ] Talk to her.
>> No. 15596
[x] Talk to her.

>"We have to return to the mansion. I'm worried about the others."
>"Others?" she says, as if the word was foreign to her.
>For some reason, he is reminded of angels and goddesses as he continues watching her, enthralled and mesmerized.
>Vincent doesn't have the will to outright refuse or run away.

This is really not good.
>> No. 15597
[x] Talk to her.
>> No. 15600
File 12406338855.jpg - (146.59KB, 509x679, yuyuko.jpg) [iqdb]
15600
Loading User Commands:
[X] Talk to her

---

"Dance with me?" offers the ghost princess.

Mesmerizing. Right now, all he can see is Yuyuko's otherworldly beauty and charm. There is no way that he can refuse her request. That would be like refusing a miracle. However, Vincent hesitates for a moment. A tiny voice from the back of his head seems to be saying something.

[Fool. You really are going to die here if this continues...]

"Die?" he whispers aloud, not fully understanding his own words.

But then, the voice becomes silent once more. His focus soon goes back toward the enchanting ghost princess, and its warning is all but forgotten.

"You don't want to?" says Yuyuko sadly.

Her eyes start to tear up at his silence. Vincent immediately shakes his head and gives her an encouraging smile.

"M-Maybe later?" he suggests. "Anyway, why don't we head back to the mansion. We should really get back inside."

Inside? Why would they need to go back to the mansion and ruin this moment? For some reason, he can't really remember. But something tells him that it is important.

"The mansion?" repeats the princess. "But you and I are already here. Isn't that enough?"

As she says those words, Yuyuko steps dangerously close to him. Then, she places one of her tiny hands on his shoulder. He gasps slightly as he realizes how warm she feels. Somehow, he feels safe and at home with this person, as if he belongs with her.

[You are going to die here.]

Vincent blinks stupidly. Did he just hear something?

"E-er, well," he mumbles. "It's pretty chilly right now. We should go someplace warmer, so why don't we head back?"

"Feeling cold?" she replies gently.

Suddenly, the ghost princess holds him in a soft embrace. He can feel her warmth and kindness as her arms tighten around his back. Slowly, he raises his hands to return the gesture. Closing his eyes, he holds the girl closer to his chest. He... can't let go of her.

"Yuyuko..." he starts. "I..."

Without warning, the ghost princess pulls away and looks up at him, staring deep into his eyes. Something changes in her expression, but he can't tell exactly what. She continues stares at him with a sad smile.

"Please... ki... me," whispers Yuyuko.

... what did she say?

[ ] Kiss her.
[ ] Kill her.
>> No. 15601
[X] Kill her.

If this really is Yuyuko, we can't kill her.
>> No. 15602
>>15600

[X] GODDAMMIT YUKARI

It's always her fault!
>> No. 15603
>>15601

We have weapons specifically made to "kill" undead creatures. They'd probably kill her, if we used them.

That said...

[x] Kill her.

I really, REALLY hope that this isn't Yuyuko, and is just an impostor/figment of our imagination. But even if it isn't, she definitely isn't acting like herself...

Meh. I suppose there's no shame in a BAD/GUILT END. This is choice is LUNATIC MODO.

I'm assuming there's no "[ ] Write-in" option for a reason?
>> No. 15604
>>15600
You're a bad person for putting us into this situation. I hope you feel bad.

[X] Kill her.
>> No. 15606
File 124064299223.jpg - (486.54KB, 639x641, boo.jpg) [iqdb]
15606
I'm sure that Yukari has absolutely nothing to do with this! Pic unrelated.
>> No. 15609
[x] "I couldn't understand what you just said. Please repeat yourself?"

Stalling tactics. Youmu, where for art thou?
>> No. 15611
>>15602

Doubt Yukari would have anything to do with restoring Yuyuko to life, which is what seems to be the case here.

>"My wish... is that she will never again reincarnate, and never again suffer pain..."

>Yukari had known Yuyuko since before her death. She also knew that it was not Yuyuko who was sealed by the Saigyou Ayakashi...

>... but that it was Yuyuko's body that was sealing the Saigyou Ayakashi.
>> No. 15612
[x]Kill her
>> No. 15638
>"Please... ki... me," whispers Yuyuko.

>... what did she say?

[x] Kick her
>> No. 15641
[x] Kiss her
>> No. 15643
[+] Kidnap her
Take her home.
>> No. 15644
[x] Kibosh her
>> No. 15646
[x] Kick her
>> No. 15647
File 124073002950.jpg - (55.30KB, 640x441, yuyuko.jpg) [iqdb]
15647
Loading User Commands:
[X] Kill her.

---

Kill her? But why would he even -

"Please," whispers Yuyuko.

The ghost princess slowly closes her eyes in anticipation. Before he realizes it, Vincent has already drawn his sword. For some reason, he can't deny this request, no matter how insane it sounds. Her kind and entrancing voice is like a siren, surpassing both mind and body. After all, he is only a human before this goddess.

Vincent raises it high into the hair. He can see the weapon's shadow against the purple light. Yet, all he can focus on is Yuyuko's calm and peaceful face. Somehow, the moment seems unreal. He knows that he is about to end her connection to this world, yet he does not feel a tinge of guilt, nor sorrow. If anything else, he feels like this is his duty, as her chosen companion.

To free her.

Then, the ghost princess whispers something barely audible.

"Thank you," she says.

With those words as his signal, he thrusts his blade deep into her chest. Her body spasms a few times, blood gushing from the wound violently. His shirt and face are stained red with the impact. Then, in a few moments, she goes limp. With his work complete, he slowly pulls out the sword, shaking off the blood before sheathing it. Then, he lays her down on the ground. As he watches, Yuyuko starts turning into a thin violet mist.

He sheds no tears. Even if he doesn't realize it himself, something inside has changed.

As Vincent walks away from the garden, he has a wide grin upon his face.

Then, he licks his lips, savoring the taste of blood.

...

"Hey, are you coming inside or not?" says a distant voice.

"Wait... what?" he replies.

As his vision clears, he can see a familiar figure calling out to him. She seems to be standing by the doorway.

"Don't just stand and stare like that," says Youmu. "Your blank and empty expression is somewhat disturbing."

"Eh? Ah, sorry about that," he mumbles as he steps inside.

He looks around to see Komachi, Chen and Yuyuko all seated in the dining room. By the looks of it, they started eating not too long ago.

"Still out of it, eh?" says Komachi from inside. "Why don't you have a drink? It'll help clear your head."

"Don't be a bad influence," replies Youmu. "Alcohol clouds the mind and heart. A swordsman has no need for such foolish things."

"Speaking from experience?" Komachi says.

"Oh," says Yuyuko excitedly. "That reminds me of the time when Youm and I -"

"B-be quiet!" cries Youmu.

"Ara? Well don't worry~" Yuyuko replies. "I won't bring up those old stories in front of Vincent..."

The ghost princess then moves her hand toward the plate of sweet buns. To everyone's surprise, Chen suddenly grabs Yuyuko's wrist to stop her.

"I won't let you," says the nekomata.

"My, how brave," replies Yuyuko slowly. "Are you sure you want to stand between myself and those tasty treats?"

For some reason, a dangerous aura starts emanating from the ghost princess. Even Youmu stands frozen and unsure. It disapppears, however, the moment Chen speaks.

"Those are for big brother," she says firmly.

"Ah!" cries Yuyuko. "T-that is..."

Suddenly, the ghost princess gives Chen a big hug.

"So cute~" she says. "I'm gonna take you home~"

"She is already in your home," says Youmu. "Always acting carefree..."

The half-ghost takes a seat beside Yuyuko. For a moment, she looks like she is about to tell the ghost princess off. But surprisingly, she just watches her and Chen quietly, her cheeks turning a little pink.

Vincent scratches his head, still a little confused. Something feels out of place. But the warm atmosphere soon calms his nerves. It probably isn't anything important.

[ ] Sit close to Yuyuko.
[ ] Sit close to Youmu.
[ ] Sit close to Komachi.
[ ] Sit close to Chen.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15652
>>15647
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCK

>>15609
>wherefore
fixed. Also, probably because her parents liked the name.
>> No. 15653
[†] Sit close to Youmu.
>> No. 15654
[ ] Sit close to Youmu.

Woohoo, looks like we fucked up hard.
>> No. 15655
>>15652
Wow, someone still gives a shit. After all of the bastardization of the language and the works written so, I thought the vast majority had become desensitized to the original contexts, spelling and linguistics.

Thank you for correcting me; or rather, caring enough to correct me.
>> No. 15656
[x] Sit close to Youmu.

What the fuck just happened. We should just run to Eientei and get some antipsychotics.

>>15655
In that case, I've got good news! Wherefore means for what purpose, not where.
>> No. 15657
>>15656
That on the other hand, you may count me as the vast majority. I like double-entendres.
>> No. 15659
[X] Sit close to Youmu

Any body remember waaaaay back she was going to use one of her blades on Vincent to help clear the mind only for Vincent to fuck up unknowingly and practically place a ball & chain with a bomb in the ball...?

yeeeaaahhhh....
>> No. 15660
[X] Sit close to Youmu.
>> No. 15666
>>15656
Yep. That's why I said what I said ( in >>15652 ).

>>15657
Double entendre does not work that way.
>> No. 15669
[x] Sit close to Chen.
We really were such a bastard to her that time, weren't we...
>> No. 15670
>>15666
Yet the line is often used that way.
>> No. 15673
File 124079589229.jpg - (91.43KB, 640x480, 1191138902330.jpg) [iqdb]
15673
>>15657>>15670
that isn't what double entendre means

are you doing this on purpose?
>> No. 15677
>>15655
>>15656
>>15657
>>15666
>>15670
>>15673
>>15674
Quit fagging up the thread
>> No. 15678
[x] Sit close to Yuyuko.

Would really rather not be across from her after that.
>> No. 15681
[x] Sit close to Youmu.

>>15670
And some people use "a couple" when they're referring to more than two things, but that doesn't mean they're right.

>>15673
I don't think he is unless he was being sarcastic in >>15655 . I hope he wasn't. Not being butthurt or pissy when someone corrects you is a good attitude to have.
>> No. 15688
[x] Sit alone in the corner.
>> No. 15690
>>15688

Craaaaawling
iiiiiinnnn
my skiiiiiiiiin...
>> No. 15696
>And some people use "a couple" when they're referring to more than two things, but that doesn't mean they're right.
They may not be right but that doesn't mean they give a damn when it comes to casual conversation. I accepted the correction and treated it as an open subject, so it doesn't bother me. That, however, is much different from someone correcting you every time you misuse a word due to your personality. Even against ignorance, it's just plain rude.

>I don't think he is unless he was being sarcastic
I was being sincere that he was knowledgeable and corrected my spelling of the word. I don't use the speech every day, so I can't exactly be blamed when my fingers hit different keys.

But like I said, it was made in humor. I only started dicking around after that post, but once I saw >>15677 I decided to delete my latest one and shut up about it. There was no need to ruin this topic and I apologize for it; but others continuing it isn't going to help, either.
>> No. 15697
File 124092544268.jpg - (34.91KB, 462x565, chen.jpg) [iqdb]
15697
Loading User Commands:
[X] Sit close to Youmu.

---

Vincent scratches his head, still a little confused. Something feels out of place. Then, he shakes his worries away. It probably isn't anything important.

"Take a seat," says Komachi. "You look a bit tired."

"Eh? Is that so?" he replies.

He quickly takes the empty seat on Youmu's left. She makes no visible reaction on her face, though her shoulders seem to relax a little. Seated on the half-ghost's right is Yuyuko, who seems to be reluctant to let go of little Chen. The nekomata's seat seems to be the one across from the ghost princess. Then, beside that seat and across from Youmu is Komachi, who is currently pouring a generous amount of some alcoholic drink into her glass.

"Want some?" she offers.

"Uh.. no thanks," he replies. "I think I should avoid things that can mess with my head."

"Hmm," says Komachi. "That's probably a good idea, too."

"Nyaa!" cries Chen as she pulls herself away from Yuyuko's grip.

"Aww..." says the ghost princess sadly. "Come back kitty~"

"Let her finish eating," Youmu says.

"B-but I only-"

Vincent blinks stupidly as he sees Chen vanish from sight. Then, a few moments later, he feels someone tugging at his left side. He turns to see Chen holding a pair of sweet buns out to him.

"I saved these for you, big brother!" cries the girl happily.

He pauses to think. Somehow, this situation is a tad familiar.
[ ] Take them both.
[ ] Take one for yourself.
[ ] Don't take any.

Optional:
[ ] Give one to Chen.
[ ] Give one to Komachi.
[ ] Give one to Youmu.
[ ] Give one to Yuyuko.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15698
[x] Don't take any.
[x] Give one to Chen, and one to Komachi.
[x] "Thanks, but I still feel a little guilty over eating the one you and Machi were fighting over."
[x] Optional: Pet Chen a little.
>> No. 15700
[x] Don't take any.
[x] Give one to Chen, and one to Komachi.
[x] "Thanks, but I still feel a little guilty over eating the one you and Machi were fighting over."
>> No. 15701
[x] Don't take any.
[x] Give one to Chen, and one to Komachi.
[x] "Thanks, but I still feel a little guilty over eating the one you and Machi were fighting over."

Because I really do.
>> No. 15702
[x] Don't take any.
[x] Give one to Chen, and one to Komachi.
[x] "Thanks, but I still feel a little guilty over eating the one you and Machi were fighting over."
>> No. 15703
[x] Don't take any.
[x] Give one to Chen, and one to Komachi.
[x] "Thanks, but I still feel a little guilty over eating the one you and Machi were fighting over."
[x] Optional: Pet Chen a little.

can't... resist...
>> No. 15704
{X} Don't take any.
{X} Give one to Chen, and one to Komachi.
{X} "Thanks, but I still feel a little guilty over eating the one you and Machi were fighting over."
>> No. 15705
[x] Optional: Pet Ruffle Chen a little.

She won't like it.
But it feels so good~
>> No. 15706
[d] Don't take any.
[a] Give one to Chen, and one to Komachi.
[z] "Thanks, but I still feel a little guilty over eating the one you and Machi were fighting over."
[e] Optional: Pet Chen a little.

>>15697
This picture needs to have her Mystia-esque claws shopped out.
>> No. 15707
>>15706

Look at her canon portrait on the wiki.
>> No. 15714
>>15707
Okay, and? Doesn't make them look any less terrible.
>> No. 15718
File 124101705659.jpg - (213.10KB, 700x700, youmu.jpg) [iqdb]
15718
Loading User Commands:
[X] Don't take any.
[X] Give one to Komachi.
[X] Give one to Chen.
[X] Custom

---

"I saved these for you, big brother!" cries Chen happily.

Before he can respond, the girl shoves them both into his hands. He can already feel the delicate texture of the buns. Their softness is enough to make his mouth water, and as the delicate aroma of sweet bean paste wafts into his nostrils, he can feel his eyes narrow like a wolf. The memory of his first time is still clear in his head. This sensation... this flavor and delight... he can't resist this.

As he is about to devour and ravage these tasty temptations, he takes a quick glance at Chen. Her smile is full of cheer and innocent brightness. The girl's tails wag playfully as she waits for him to eat. Then, he remembers his sin. Slowly, he forces his mouth closed.

"Thanks Chen," he whispers. "But I can't accept these. Not like this."

"Eh?" says Chen tearfully. "B-but why?"

Vincent forces a pained smile as he pats her head softly.

"I still feel a little guilty over the last time," he says. "When I ate the one you and Machi were fighting over."

"Machi?" says the shinigami irritably. "Don't go around giving nicknames so carelessly! I have half the mind to -"

He suddenly turns to the death-god and tosses one of the sweet buns at her. She catches it by reflex, then looks back at him in wonder. He simply gives her a smile and nod. For a moment, the room falls silent in surprise. Then, she puts the sweet bun to her mouth and looks away.

"W-well, I suppose that 'Machi' is fine too," mumbles Komachi as she chews.

Vincent turns back to Chen and hands the other sweet bun back.

"You can have this one," he says. "I already found something sweet enough to make my day."

"Ah!" asks Chen. "What was it? What was it?"

He simply smiles at the girl and urges her to return to her seat. As he strokes her hair a few more times, he somehow feels something warm and tight in his chest. There is nothing sweeter than watching Chen smile.

"You seem happy," says Youmu, interrupting his thoughts.

Her tone is a bit cold, but he only realizes it after Chen returns to her seat.

"What? Really?" he replies.

"You and Chen seem quite close now," comments the half-ghost.

"I suppose so," he says.

"Must have spent some time together," she mutters. "But I guess that really isn't any of my business..."

"Eh? What are you trying to say?" he replies.

He pauses for a moment. Youmu seems to be glaring at him with the side of her eye, and her voice is anything but friendly. Did he do something wrong? Why does she sound irritated?

"Allow me to explain," says Yuyuko playfully. "Youmu wants to know if you cheated on her while you were out~"

The half-ghost suddenly turns pale white.

"P-please, Lady Yuyuko," cries Youmu. "Don't say things that may cause misunderstandings!"

"I don't intend to," replies the ghost princess. "I'm just curious about Vincent's whereabouts since he disappeared early this morning."

Suddenly, the room falls silent. Yuyuko's grin widens as she waits for his answer. Youmu does her best to look disinterested, but she is failing miserably. Komachi is keeping herself busy with the sweet bun, though she glances occasionally at him (her cheeks are a bit pink, but it's probably the alcohol). Chen looks up curiously at them as she takes tiny bites from her pastry.

"I... umm..."

[ ] Custom
>> No. 15719
[x] Sigh to yourself "Let's see. I woke up covered in bandages - God knows where - did not remember anything about what had happened; Komachi nursed me back to health, we visited the human village to see if anyone could fill me in, my paranoia got the best of me so I shot myself in the foot to snap out of it, I had my mind read by miss Keine Kamishirasawa, had a horrible dream during the time I was out about Chen getting killed by a vampire, found out absolutely nothing when I came to, and then came back here"
[x] Tell them about the vision you just had.
>> No. 15721
[x] >>15719

Explaining ourself diffuses the Youmu bomb, but causes worry.
But we don't want to be the guy who ends up hurting his friends and loved ones because we hid the truth.
>> No. 15722
But the truth is boring!
[x] "I don't want to talk about it."
[x] Leave the table and go back to your room.
[x] Lie on your back and think about today's events.
>> No. 15723
>>15722

That's way more boring!

[x] Sigh to yourself "Let's see. I woke up covered in bandages - God knows where - did not remember anything about what had happened; Komachi nursed me back to health, we visited the human village to see if anyone could fill me in, my paranoia got the best of me so I shot myself in the foot to snap out of it, I had my mind read by miss Keine Kamishirasawa, had a horrible dream during the time I was out about Chen getting killed by a vampire, found out absolutely nothing when I came to, and then came back here"
[x] Tell them about the vision you just had.
>> No. 15724
[x] Sigh to yourself "Let's see. I woke up covered in bandages - God knows where - did not remember anything about what had happened; Komachi nursed me back to health, we visited the human village to see if anyone could fill me in, my paranoia got the best of me so I shot myself in the foot to snap out of it, I had my mind read by miss Keine Kamishirasawa, had a horrible dream during the time I was out about Chen getting killed by a vampire, found out absolutely nothing when I came to, and then came back here"
[x] Tell them about the vision you just had.
>> No. 15725
>>15721
>>the Youmu bomb

>>15378
>>[X] First things first, reset the timer on the skull.

I see what you did there.
>> No. 15726
There's nothing wrong with being vague to help blunt the concern that the truth would spark.

[x] "I woke up and found myself unable to remember what had happened. Komachi, Chen and I went to the human village to see if Keine Kamishirasawa could help me remember. No luck."
[x] "I've been having some pretty distressing dreams lately, too. We're pretty sure that they're related to my past, but that's all we know."
>> No. 15727
[x] "I woke up and found myself unable to remember what had happened. Komachi, Chen and I went to the human village to see if Keine Kamishirasawa could help me remember. No luck."
[x] "I've been having some pretty distressing dreams lately, too. We're pretty sure that they're related to my past, but that's all we know."

I'd say it's a fair set of choices
>> No. 15728
File 124103742299.jpg - (204.77KB, 580x435, ffffffffffff.jpg) [iqdb]
15728
inb4 justasplanned.jpg
>> No. 15730
[z] Sigh to yourself. "Let's see. I woke up covered in bandages - God knows where - did not remember anything about what had happened; Komachi nursed me back to health, we visited the human village to see if anyone could fill me in, my paranoia got the best of me so I shot myself in the foot to snap out of it, I had my mind read by miss Keine Kamishirasawa, had a horrible dream during the time I was out about Chen getting killed by a vampire, found out absolutely nothing when I came to, and then came back here."
[e] Tell them about the vision you just had.
>> No. 15731
[x] Sigh to yourself "Let's see. I woke up covered in bandages - God knows where - did not remember anything about what had happened; Komachi nursed me back to health, we visited the human village to see if anyone could fill me in, my paranoia got the best of me so I shot myself in the foot to snap out of it, I had my mind read by miss Keine Kamishirasawa, had a horrible dream during the time I was out about Chen getting killed by a vampire, found out absolutely nothing when I came to, and then came back here"
[x] Tell them about the vision you just had.
>> No. 15733
[x] "I woke up and found myself unable to remember what had happened. Komachi, Chen and I went to the human village to see if Keine Kamishirasawa could help me remember. No luck."
[x] "I've been having some pretty distressing dreams lately, too. We're pretty sure that they're related to my past, but that's all we know."
>> No. 15734
[X] "I woke up and found myself unable to remember what had happened. Komachi, Chen and I went to the human village to see if Keine Kamishirasawa could help me remember. No luck."
[X] "I've been having some pretty distressing dreams lately, too. We're pretty sure that they're related to my past, but that's all we know."
>> No. 15735
[x] "I woke up and found myself unable to remember what had happened. Komachi, Chen and I went to the human village to see if Keine Kamishirasawa could help me remember. No luck."
[x] "I've been having some pretty distressing dreams lately, too. We're pretty sure that they're related to my past, but that's all we know."

We don't need to dump all the gory details on them right from the start.
>> No. 15736
>Komachi, Chen and I went to the human village
Chen was at the human village.
>> No. 15737
[x] Grab Youmu's hands in yours and look deeply into her eyes.
[x] "I would never cheat on you".
>> No. 15738
Change my vote at >>15730

to [ze] >>15735
...with the conditional that we'll tell her more later, should she want to know.
>> No. 15740
>>15738

Of course. That was my intention when I made the write-in.
Sorry for not making that clearer.
>> No. 15741
Oh, and also, I think we've been autosaged.
Thread VII, please.
>> No. 15750
Server reconnected at: >>15749


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x