[Return]
Archived Thread

File 12377503217.jpg - (240.39KB , 654x900 , ImageNotTooRelated.jpg ) [iqdb]
14791 2009/03/22(Sun)19:32 No. 14791
Holding your words in, you continue to watch as Yukari rounds the corner and vanishes from sight. Renko sighs and turns to see you and Ran looking at her. After raising an eyebrow, she waves in your direction. You get ready to wave back, but something slaps your shoulder before you can do so.

"My, my!" As you jump forward in shock, you turn to see Yukari grinning widely, now walking up beside Ran. "Spying, are you? That isn't very kind, but it's not like anything important happened, anyway!"

Ran looks off to the side, trying to not meet Yukari's gaze. This only causes Yukari to lick her lips as she gets into Ran's line of view, a sharpness spreading over her eyes at a swift rate.

"Oh my, Ran. You really hit it off." She chuckles loudly, and holds a finger up to Ran's chin as she continues to speak. "Really now, why does he give you a chance, and not me? It's so cruueeel!"

The meek blond girl merely casts her gaze aside once more, which makes Yukari laugh once more. She lets go of Ran's chin and walks off, towards the end of the other hall. Waving, she leaves with one last remark.

"Don't get too attached. You've already got Chen to keep you nice and happy, so there's no point in befriending a huuuman, is there?"

With that, Yukari vanishes back into another hallway, her cackling fading away as she does so. You're left standing there, dumbfounded at how she managed to get behind you like that, and so quickly, too. Ran merely shakes her head as Renko approaches, handing the package over to her.

"Uh... here." Renko looks up and scratches her head, laughing just a little as she does so. "That weird girl said you'd be coming here, and she... well, she told me to give this to you."

Raising a brow, Ran accepts the package and opens it up, to find...

"...Fried tofu?" You look at the small container in wonder, as Ran wraps it back up and smiles. "How did she know?"

"She can tell us in the clubroom, right?" Renko smiles, putting a hand on Ran's shoulder. It looks odd, considering how tall Ran is compared to the energetic brown-haired girl. "Come on! I want to hear more about what this 'Yukari' is like!"

Ran nods, and the three of you walk over to the clubroom, Renko entering last and shutting the door as she enters. She takes a seat at the head of the table, and Ran sits on side, as you sit on the other. The small cat jumps out of Ran's bag and proceeds to glide up from the ground to the table, where it sits down and begins to clean itself.

"Do you need a spoon, or a fork?" Renko opens a drawer and reaches into a box of plastic forks that she had brought in one day during lunch. "Here, we can eat while you tell us about her."

Renko then hands you a hot bowl filled with regular curry. Grimacing a little, you feel sort of let down at this small meal. Renko made it, though, so it's fine.

Ran nods, and takes the first bite of her tofu, which has some red sauce on top of it. Looking a bit infatuated over the dish, she smiles as she begins to talk.

"Right, Yukari..." She takes another bite, then continues to speak. "She's... Well, she's not someone with some ill intent, if that's what you wish to know."

Renko holds her spoon up and takes a bite of curry, nodding as she does so. You follow suit, also starting to eat the warm dish. Like you thought, it really isn't all that great.

"I guess she's just eccentric." Ran takes another bite of her tofu, and sighs pleasurably before she continues. "She likes to mess with people, and loves it when a person is confused, you see?"

Renko nods, and finishes another bite of her curry.

"Right, so what about how she looks? Why does she look so much like Mary?"

Ran cocks her head to one side, though only enough so that you can tell what she's doing. Renko remains silent for a few seconds, before laughing vocally as she scoops up another spoonful of her food.

"Right, sorry." Chewing the bite up, she continues to speak, her tone still light. "Maribel Han, she's a friend of mine. She looks just like that Yukari girl, who also calls herself 'Han'."

"Oh, I see." Ran nods her head, then remains silent for a few seconds. Her eyes point down as she thinks over what to say, and her cat jumps off the table and starts to run around, chasing its own... two tails? You hadn't noticed that before, how strange.

"...Let's see." Ran still takes a while to speak, drumming one hand's fingers against the table. "...Well, I don't know how to explain that while still..."

Renko, who has pulled out a slice of cake for all three of you, chews over a piece of her tasty dessert. She shakes her head apologetically, and laughs after she's finished the bite off.

"If it's too hard to say, then you don't have to say it!" She smiles warmly, motioning to the cake before Ran. "This isn't an investigation, it's just me trying to learn more about people. Sorry if I scared you."

[ ] "Shouldn't you ask her about herself?"
[ ] "...Um, Ran? Why does your cat have two tails, like that?"
[ ] Remain silent, and continue eating.

>> 2009/03/22(Sun)19:40 No. 14793
[X] "...Um, Ran? Why does your cat have two tails, like that?"

And reality cracks just a little.
>> 2009/03/22(Sun)19:40 No. 14794
[X] "...Um, Ran? Why does your cat have two tails, like that?
>> 2009/03/22(Sun)19:53 No. 14796
[x] "...Um, Ran? Why does your cat have two tails, like that?"
>> 2009/03/22(Sun)20:29 No. 14797
>"Don't get too attached. You've already got Chen to keep you nice and happy, so there's no point in befriending a huuuman, is there?"

Oh, so she's using Chen for the purposes of emotional extortion. Another tick on Yukari's seemingly endless roll of demerits.

[x] "Shouldn't you ask her about herself?"

I think this'd advance us further than yet another display of incredulity.
>> 2009/03/22(Sun)23:07 No. 14798
>>14797
agreed.

[X] "...Um, Ran? Why does your cat have two tails, like that?"
>> 2009/03/23(Mon)01:24 No. 14800
[X] "...Um, Ran? Why does your cat have two tails, like that?"

The choice here is pretty obvious.
>> 2009/03/23(Mon)11:40 No. 14807
[d] Try to stay focused on Ran. "Renko, shouldn't... you... uh.. be asking about...her..."
[a] But fail miserably since that's just really weird: "...Ran, why does your cat have two tails?"
[z] ...Granted, you're not one to talk about weird; your stepsister might be killing people with magic, your mother is a paranoid wreck, you enjoy wearing women's clothing, and you have a cuddly little ghost-y pet/familiar/companion/spirit guide/moe-blob that likes it when you play the flute.
[e] Speaking of... where's Nyom?
>> 2009/03/23(Mon)12:17 No. 14809
Looking over at Ran's cat... It just seems extremely odd for it to have two tails. It makes you think of something Maribel had you draw before, though, in your mind, you figure that it's just a coincidence.

"...Um, Ran?" Pointing over to the small animal, you spread your index and middle fingers apart, wiggling them around a little as you do so. "Why does your cat have two tails, like that?"

Ran all at once freezes, slowly looking over to her pet. After a few seconds, she speaks up once more, though with just the smallest hint of anxiousness to her voice.

"It's a deformity." She nods, taking a bite of the cake she was offered. "A lot of people point it out."

"Oh..." Looking over at the cat, you can see that it's now staring at you intently, its tails waving about as it does so, mimicking the motion of your fingers.

Renko quickly finishes her cake off, and leans back against her chair, tilting it just a bit. Ran pets her cat's head, taking care to get nowhere neat its tails. You, on the other hand, just sit there awkwardly, until the warning bell rings.

"Oh, looks like it's time to go." Pushing her chair in, Renko nods towards Ran. "Sorry about being so weird with my questions. I guess I'll see you later."

Renko gets up and exits the room, and Ran follows after. Picking your things up, you hold a hand out as you walk towards the door.

"Wait!" Blocking Ran, you can't help but feel a little mean for acting this way. "...That isn't a normal cat, is it?"

A slight glaze to her eyes, Ran solemnly shakes her head to say "no". The cat springs up from her arms and lands on the floor, now making small wisps follow after it. Ran reaches down and picks it up once more, putting the animal back into her bag as you

speak.

"Then, what is it?" Sounding a bit unsure of yourself, you continue to block her way. "If it isn't a cat, then is it one of those demon cats from folk tales?"

...After waiting a few moments, Ran nods to answer your question. The slightest tingling of fear comes over yourself as you look at the small creature looking at you from inside the bag.

"...Then... What are you?"

Ran pauses at this, and as she looks up in thought, the late bell rings. Opening the door out of impulse, you exit, and Ran exits right behind you. She walks swiftly down the hallway looking back once, then vanishing off into the halls. Running desperately, you

attempt to catch up, but see no sign of her up ahead.

Deciding to leave it at that for now, you continue on to your next class, rushing towards it all the while.

...

Leaning back, you yawn lazily as the last class finishes, and the school bell rings. As students file out of the classroom, you catch sight of Yukari once more, seeing that she had been sitting near the back. As she exits, you notice a small wisp following her around... Actually, it looks just like Nyom.

[ ] Follow after Yukari, and ask her why Nyom is following her.
[ ] Look for Renko in the club room.
[ ] Walk home by yourself.

-----

Sorry for the short update, but it's kind of early. I'll attempt to get at least one more out today.
>> 2009/03/23(Mon)12:23 No. 14810
[x] Follow after Yukari, and ask her why Nyom is following her.
>> 2009/03/23(Mon)12:36 No. 14811
[x] Follow after Yukari, and ask her why Nyom is following her.
>> 2009/03/23(Mon)20:43 No. 14817
{X} Follow after Yukari, and ask her why Nyom is following her.
>> 2009/03/23(Mon)20:48 No. 14818
[x] Follow after Yukari, and ask her why Nyom is following her.

No good ignoring a plot point.
>> 2009/03/24(Tue)04:05 No. 14823
[x] Follow after Yukari, and ask her why Nyom is following her.
>> 2009/03/24(Tue)08:43 No. 14831
[x] "Miss Yukari, is it all right if I have my ghost friend back?"

Aoi needs to be doing more things and being less confused.
>> 2009/03/25(Wed)11:34 No. 14850
Finding this odd, you get up from your place and begin to follow after her. It's tough to get past a few of the students, some of which purposefully get in your way as you try to catch up to Yukari, but soon enough you're right behind her. Just as you get ready to speak up, she exits the building and makes a sharp turn, heading towards the side of the building instead of the train station. Finding this odd, you follow after her, being led towards a side of the building with nobody else around.

She turns and goes around the side, and you follow after, surprised at the next thing you see. A group of blond girls in elementary uniforms, all with those same strange traits to them. The one with the wheel, the one with the noose... They're all here.

"...Um..." Feeling a bit intimidated, you step back, and all the small girls turn their attention towards you. "Yukari, why is... Uh, Nyom. Why is Nyom following you around?"

The girl merely turns around and grins, patting the small blob on the head all the while. Sagging a bit, Nyom floats back towards you, visibly drained of energy.

"I was just talking to her, is all." Letting her feet fall, the girl lands in one of those strange gaps in space she tends to create. "She really hasn't changed in all this time, you know?"

"What do you mean? Who is she?"

Yukari merely grins once more, and looks up at the sky before answering. The small girls all gather around her, forming a circle of blond hair and strange weapons. Looking at you once more, she merely laughs.

"She's you!" Sneering, she wraps her arms around the girls. "If you can't understand that, then I feel really sorry for her right about now."

Sinking into the wicked hole in the air, she begins to vanish inch by inch. The small girls all look at the hole intently, as if ready and waiting to follow after their leader.

"I've got to go, though. People to see, wishes to grant. You know?"

All at once she falls through the gap, and the small girls begin to jump in, following close behind her. After a few moments, the gap has closed up, and the presence of that strange girl and her strange "children" has vanished.

"...What was... that..."

Turning around, you see a familiar face behind you. With his short hair ruffled around from clutching it, Goro's eyes begin to shake just a little in their sockets. Clenching his teeth, he swallows hard.

"...It was that new girl." Speaking matter-of-factly, you watch as he shakes his head. "She isn't what she appears to be, you know?"

Turning around, he punches the wall of the school, obviously agitated.

"No!" Stomping off, he grunts. "I know it, now. That thing can't be Maribel. That thi..."

All at once, his voice fades, and you sigh in relief at having the person who loves to bully you gone from sight. Looking back at where Yukari once was, you see that the small girl with the noose had dropped her doll on the way into the gap. As you walk over to it, you can see that it is, indeed, made to look just like Eliza. The braid, the outfit, and everything imitates her appearance.

Picking it up, you put the doll in your bag and begin to make your way towards the clubroom. More than likely, Renko is still there, and still wondering what that new student wants just as much as you do.

After having entered the building and after making your way to the room, you open the door to see Renko looking at a computer, a piece of candy jutting a few inches out of her mouth. She looks up and nods towards you, making clacking sounds on the keyboard as she types.

[ ] Sit down next to her and stay quiet, for now.
[ ] Tell her about what just happened.
[ ] Ask her about what she's looking at.

---

Sorry about the short and infrequent updates. I should have more time to write come Friday.
>> 2009/03/25(Wed)12:15 No. 14851
[x] Ask her about what she's looking at.
>> 2009/03/25(Wed)17:04 No. 14852
[ ] Ask her about what she's looking at.
>> 2009/03/25(Wed)17:17 No. 14853
[x] Ask her about what she's looking at.
>> 2009/03/25(Wed)23:02 No. 14857
[x] Ask her about what she's looking at.
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)00:21 No. 14858
[X] Ask her about what she's looking at.
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)10:05 No. 14861
[d] Stand around in the room and stay quiet, for a short bit.
[a] ...Okay, this has gone on long enough. Time for drastic measures.
[~] Walk up behind her (while taking a peek at what she's doing), and whisper in her ear.
[z] "Renko~ If you don't stop working, I'm going to sit in your lap."
-- (e) If she actually offers to let you, take her up on on it. Ease yourself seductively down, and sit on her lap, one leg crossed over the other, one arm draped over her shoulders in an intimate way. Then, speak to her in a completely nonchalant tone as you tell her what happened.
-- (☆) If she stops, then pout at her. "Aw... And I was going to give you my extra-special service, too... oh well~." But have a seat, and tell her what happened.

Win-win situation.
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)18:14 No. 14862
{X} Stand around in the room and stay quiet, for a short bit.
{X} ...Okay, this has gone on long enough. Time for drastic measures.
{X} Walk up behind her (while taking a peek at what she's doing), and whisper in her ear.
{X} "Renko~ If you don't stop working, I'm going to sit in your lap."
-- {X} If she actually offers to let you, take her up on on it. Ease yourself seductively down, and sit on her lap, one leg crossed over the other, one arm draped over her shoulders in an intimate way. Then, speak to her in a completely nonchalant tone as you tell her what happened.
-- {X} If she stops, then pout at her. "Aw... And I was going to give you my extra-special service, too... oh well~." But have a seat, and tell her what happened.

yesyesyes
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)21:03 No. 14866
[X] Stand around in the room and stay quiet, for a short bit.
[X] ...Okay, this has gone on long enough. Time for drastic measures.
[X] Walk up behind her (while taking a peek at what she's doing), and whisper in her ear.
[X] "Renko~ If you don't stop working, I'm going to sit in your lap."
-- (x) If she actually offers to let you, take her up on on it. Ease yourself seductively down, and sit on her lap, one leg crossed over the other, one arm draped over her shoulders in an intimate way. Then, speak to her in a completely nonchalant tone as you tell her what happened.
-- (x) If she stops, then pout at her. "Aw... And I was going to give you my extra-special service, too... oh well~." But have a seat, and tell her what happened.

Oh dear god this write-in.
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)21:16 No. 14868
[X] Stand around in the room and stay quiet, for a short bit.
[X] ...Okay, this has gone on long enough. Time for drastic measures.
[X] Walk up behind her (while taking a peek at what she's doing), and whisper in her ear.
[X] "Renko~ If you don't stop working, I'm going to sit in your lap."
-- (x) If she actually offers to let you, take her up on on it. Ease yourself seductively down, and sit on her lap, one leg crossed over the other, one arm draped over her shoulders in an intimate way. Then, speak to her in a completely nonchalant tone as you tell her what happened.
-- (x) If she stops, then pout at her. "Aw... And I was going to give you my extra-special service, too... oh well~." But have a seat, and tell her what happened.

ffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)21:29 No. 14869
[X] Stand around in the room and stay quiet, for a short bit.
[X] ...Okay, this has gone on long enough. Time for drastic measures.
[X] Walk up behind her (while taking a peek at what she's doing), and whisper in her ear.
[X] "Renko~ If you don't stop working, I'm going to sit in your lap."
-- (x) If she actually offers to let you, take her up on on it. Ease yourself seductively down, and sit on her lap, one leg crossed over the other, one arm draped over her shoulders in an intimate way. Then, speak to her in a completely nonchalant tone as you tell her what happened.
-- (x) If she stops, then pout at her. "Aw... And I was going to give you my extra-special service, too... oh well~." But have a seat, and tell her what happened.
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)23:26 No. 14871
[x] Ask her about what she's looking at.
>> 2009/03/26(Thu)23:31 No. 14872
Calling it now, and writing later. I might do that write in as a side story, maybe.
>> 2009/03/27(Fri)07:25 No. 14880
>>14872
DO IT
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)17:46 No. 14907
Going to start writing now. I hope to get at least 3 updates out today.

Also, here's an awesome picture GD drew. The truth is, I can't stop looking at those lips.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)18:11 No. 14909
Walking over towards where she is, you take a look at the computer screen and scratch your head. A confusing mass of numbers and letters coats the screen, and some kind of key is open in a separate window by it.

"Hey, Renko..." Cocking your head to one side, you bend over a little to get a better look at the screen. "What is this? Just what are you looking at?"

Renko stops typing, and pulls a chair out for you to sit in. You obediently take a seat in the chair, and then turn your attention towards her as she begins to speak.

"Well, there was a letter left under the door earlier." Rubbing her head, she sighs. "One of the other clubs told the counselor that I was lying about having five members, so he changed something in the school directory so that our club was marked for being shut down."

Your eyes widen as you think this over. It's true, the school has always wanted to keep at least five members in a club, but they've never really enforced that rule. About a year ago a new counselor had been hired, and this one was much more strict than the kindly old man who had been in the position before. He had actually started to disband a few clubs that only had three or four members, so you and Renko were lucky up until now.

Slumping onto the keyboard, Renko sighs heavily. It's then that you remember what Yukari had said, about bringing some friends here...

...If they weren't the same as her, then maybe they could join...?

Renko hits a few more keys and then presses the enter button, closing the application that she had been using.

"That should keep us safe for at least a week." Picking up her bag, she shakes her head sadly. "I still can't believe this, though. To think that the club is in danger, after being around for a few years already..."

Nodding, you finally speak your mind about the matter.

"Yeah, it's really sad. Maybe we could try and find some new members, though. Some new people to help us keep the club alive. Who knows, maybe we could all go out and search for borders together?"

Renko laughs, patting your shoulder in the process. As the two of you exit the room, she locks it with her personal key and then pockets the article, turning her attention back to you.

"Even so, it'd be hard without someone who can see or sense borders. That's why we need to introduce them to Mary, right?"

You just nod as Renko grabs your hand, pulling you along as she makes a dash for the staircase exit. Exiting the building, you make a few worried and awkward noises as you march down the stairs, making a bee line for the train station.

"R-R-Renkoo! Wait, hold up just a second!"

She does as you ask, and catches you to keep you from tripping over a small stump. Panting heavily, you hold your heaving chest and look at the station just in front of you.

"Why do you always run so fast...?"

"Hahahaha!" Patting your shoulder once more, Renko grins from ear to ear as she speaks. "Well, I guess I just want to get a lot done in one day, is all."

Boarding the train at the station, the two of you sit down in the mostly-empty seats. Renko starts to space out and look at the things people left on the floor, pointing out a few items like a watch and a wallet that were lost. After a few more moments of silence, she speaks up while prodding your cheek.

"Hey, Aoi?" Smiling innocently, she chuckles. "I don't really want to go back to that depressing place just yet. Maybe we should go do something else for a while?"

[ ] "Y-yeah... Maybe we could go to that shrine?"
[ ] "Well, those stores are always fun to look at..."
[ ] "It doesn't really matter where it is, so long as you're around."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)18:13 No. 14910
By the way, I'll be updating at 12:00 board time so long as there are votes.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)18:31 No. 14911
[X] "Well, those stores are always fun to look at..."
[X] "...Though it doesn't really matter where it is, so long as you're around."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)18:33 No. 14912
[X] "Well, those stores are always fun to look at..."
[X] "...Though it doesn't really matter where it is, so long as you're around."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)18:53 No. 14914
>>14907

Looking kinda Zoey there.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)18:53 No. 14915
[X] "Well, those stores are always fun to look at..."
[X] "...Though it doesn't really matter where it is, so long as you're around."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)18:56 No. 14917
[x] "Well, those stores are always fun to look at..."
[x] "...Though it doesn't really matter where it is, so long as you're around."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)19:00 No. 14919
Writing now.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)19:01 No. 14920
[x] "Well, those stores are always fun to look at..."
[x] "...Though it doesn't really matter where it is, so long as you're around."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)19:32 No. 14921
"Well..." Holding a finger up to your lips, you think the task over for a moment. "Those stores are always fun to look at..."

Renko starts to look honestly happy after hearing this, her whole expression perking up even more. Stifling a laugh, you continue.

"Though, it doesn't really matter where it is. So long as you're around..."

Before you know it, she's wrapped her arms around your neck, pressing her chest up against your back. A heavy blush meets your cheeks, and she starts to tousle your hair about relentlessly, making noises of adoration all the while.

"Ah, too cute! You're too cute, Aoi!" Shaking you around a little, she laughs once again. "I need to take you home again and show you more outfits! We need to make a night out of it, actually!"

Blushing heavily, you can't help but laugh along with her. The sudden outburst of affection was surprising and unexpected, but... it really makes your chest feel warm, and makes it so you can hear your heart beat with every time she shakes your shoulders.

It's a good thing the train is mostly empty, though. Otherwise this would be so embarrassing that you'd faint. If that happened, then Renko might... The image of your head resting on her lap, and her hand stroking your hair is... It's...

"Eh? What's wrong, Aoi?" Lowering herself from your head, she smiles as she grabs your hand. "Come on, we're almost at the stop! We can go to the clothes store and buy you a ribbon, and then we can eat in that one restaurant, and then..."

Her eyes sparkling with excitement, Renko just sighs in a satisfied way. The train soon comes to a stop, and you exit the cab as Renko holds your hand, laughing like the embarrassed schoolgirl that she's being.

"Come on, come on!" Tugging you along, she continues to laugh. You join in, and the two of you make a dash for the clothing store together.

Entering the store, your eyes scan over all of those frilly and embarrassing outfits that they have laid out. This really must be the place Renko goes to buy those strange outfits of hers... It's a good thing that you aren't here to try anything on, today. At least, not anything that isn't a ribbon or two.

Walking up to a showcase of the ribbons, you look them over curiously, with Renko by your side. The red ones look really nice, and the purple ones are puffy and cute...

Reaching into the display, Renko grabs a blue and white ribbon, looking it over studiously. It takes a few more moments, but she soon nods assuredly as she places reaches up to pull down another blue one. The second ribbon is frillier than the first, with little ridges going about the edge. These ribbons are... Kind of embarrassing to look at. You're used to only wearing a hair tie to keep your hair back, and nothing else.

"Hmm, what do you think?" Gesturing between the two articles of clothing, Renko smiles once again. "They're both perfect for you, since they're blue! Just like your name, right?"

"Ah... Haha, yeah." Smiling meekly, you grab the blue and white ribbon and try it on. "How does it... erm, look?"

Pulling you over to a mirror, Renko pats your shoulder and laughs, nodding approvingly. You also smile, though just a bit set off by her extremely happy behavior. You try the other one on, with the same result from her. Pulling the thing off, the two of you walk up to the counter where the store clerk is.

"Oh, if it isn't Ms. Usami and her friend." Grinning in a pleasant way, the clerk nods towards you. "How can I help you today?"

Grabbing the ribbons out of your hand, Renko thrusts them forward with a joyous look in her eyes. The clerk looks over the ribbons, and then raises an eyebrow.

"Is that all you're getting today? No hats, or dresses, or even some socks with laces?"

"No, no, that's it for now." Shaking her head, Renko passes the man a quick thumbs-up. "I'll be back soon enough to buy something new, though. You can count on it."

The man merely grins, handing the ribbons back over to her after scanning them and reciting the price. Renko pulls out her wallet and pays him with a few bills, then nodding her head as the two of you leave.

"Oh, I hope to see your cute friend again, too!" Still grinning, the man nods in your direction, sending a flush to your cheeks. Renko just laughs as the two of you exit the store, carrying a small bag with the ribbons inside of it.

"Hmm, where to now...?" Poking her chin in thought, Renko looks over to you. "Do you think we should go get a snack, or maybe go to another store...?"

[ ] "A snack would be really nice, right about now."
[ ] "How about the..."
- [ ] "Photo booth?"
- [ ] "Music store?"
- [ ] "Candy shop?"

------

Next update in one or two hours.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)19:38 No. 14922
[ ] "How about the..."
- [ ] "Photo booth?"
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)19:49 No. 14923
[x] "How about the..."
- [x] "Photo booth?"
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)19:55 No. 14924
[X] "How about the..."
- [X] "Photo booth?"
This is the memory of our happy moments together.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)19:57 No. 14925
[x] "How about the..."
- [x] "Photo booth?"
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)20:53 No. 14928
[x] "How about the..."
- [x] "Photo booth?"

Goddamn Aoi is adorable.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)22:06 No. 14929
Sorry for the delays, I'm back and writing now.
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)22:33 No. 14930
"Hmm..." Thinking over the decision in your head, one option comes forward in your mind. "How about the... photo booth?"

Grabbing your arm, Renko nods, smiling broadly. Realising that you just suggested something potentially embarrassing, that same heat comes back to your cheeks as she tugs you along, taking you to a nearby photo booth, and climbing in with you after paying the small fee.

"Hmm, what should the first picture be...?"

Thinking it over, Renko quickly decides to hold her hand up and make a "victory" sign. Feeling rushed to decide, you copy her hand gesture, getting it up and next to her own gesture just before the camera goes off. Throwing her arm around you, Renko smiles widely for the next photo, while you look at her in shock, your heart beating a little faster than it had been before.

"Cheese!"

The camera flashes once again, and Renko then puts her hand on your head, ruffling your hair in the process. Chuckling, she puts her head almost right up against yours for the picture.

"R-Renko, this is kind of..."

Flash! Another picture taken, and only two left to go. Putting her arm around your shoulder once again, she leans her head right up against yours, smiling. As your heart beats faster and faster, the flash of the camera goes off once again, telling you that there's one picture left to take. Turning your head to look at Renko, you try to stammer out a complaint.

"Renko, this is really embarrassing! Can't you ju-"

...Your words are cut off as she brings her face up to yours, locking your lips together for a kiss. Feeling all the heat rush to your head, you sit there, shocked, as she puts a hand on your cheek, and the camera flashes one last time. Wrapping another arm around your back, she uses the other hand to hold your hair, as your heart beats faster and faster. Eventually she pulls away, panting just a little as the two of you look at each other.

You notice that you're panting too, and for a good reason. This... this really confirms what you had suspected before, about her being interested in...

"Renko, I don't... Uh, I mean that I..."

Lost for words, you just look at her nervously, unsure about what to say. She smiles once more, and leans in again, locking your lips together once again, while running her hand through your soft hair. Feeling that beating of your chest once more, you bring your arms up under hers and hold onto her back, returning the kiss.

The two of you let go of each other's lips, breathing heavily as you do so. Noticing that Renko had been almost sitting on one of your legs, you squirm around a little, which makes her laugh.

"Ahaha, I guess we should let other people enjoy the booth..."

Pulling your hand, she leads you out of the booth and into the sunlight once again. One passerby had stopped to look at that last picture, but takes off as the two of you exit, trying to hide the bulge in his pants. Renko takes the photos and delicately folds them up, putting them in her bag, and then walking calmly along the edge of the sidewalk, still holding onto your hand.

...Did you two just go too far? She's been a great friend, that's for sure, but... Is this too much? Is it in anyway possible that this could just ruin your relationship, or...?

No, no sense in being so paranoid. Accepting that you really like Renko this way, a smile crosses your lips, which have some of Renko's lipstick on them. Turning her head, Renko also smiles, laughing just a little bit.

"So, what should we do next, I wonder?" Grinning mischievously, she squeezes your hand. "Maybe we could eat something, or check out a store, or..."

Suddenly looking nervous, she turns her head to hide the blush that came across her cheeks. Still squeezing your hand, she speaks cautiously, showing that she's just as embarrassed about this as you are.

"Or, maybe we could go somewhere a little more private..."

[ ] "Somewhere private... Y-yeah, let's do that."
[ ] "Um... No, let's go get something to eat."
[ ] "U-uh, I'd rather shop some more, if you're fine with that."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)22:47 No. 14933
>...Your words are cut off as she brings her face up to yours, locking your lips together for a kiss.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
There is no reaction image that can show my satisfaction.

[X] "Somewhere private... Y-yeah, let's do that."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)22:51 No. 14934
{X} "Somewhere private... Y-yeah, let's do that."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)22:51 No. 14935
[ ] "Somewhere private... Y-yeah, let's do that."

YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)23:01 No. 14936
[ ] "Somewhere private... Y-yeah, let's do that."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)23:02 No. 14937
[X] "Somewhere private... Y-yeah, let's do that."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)23:02 No. 14938
[✗] "Somewhere private... Y-yeah, let's do that."
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)23:13 No. 14939
Writing now!
>> 2009/03/28(Sat)23:59 No. 14940
>>14939
Hooray!
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:08 No. 14941
Your eyes lighting up, your breath quickens again. Squeezing Renko's hand in your own, you swallow hard and nod, following her as she walks.

"Somewhere private..." Still breathing hard, you can't shake this pounding sensation away. "Y-yeah, let's do that."

She smiles weakly, suddenly pulling you back into a different street. As the two of you run along, you clutch at your skirt to keep anyone from seeing a certain something, and you wonder if she really meant what you thought she... well, meant.

Slowing down, the two of you walk into an empty park, with nothing more than a fountain moving inside of it. Renko tugs on your hand, leading you off into a dense gathering of bushes and trees, and you soon find out that there's an open spot in the middle, with a stump sticking up out of the ground.

Motioning for you to take a seat, Renko swallows once again, breathing just as hard as you have been. Bending over, she kisses your lips once again, sending a wave of pleasure through your entire being. The kiss drags out, and she sits in your lap, holding your head as your lips remain locked.

Still breathing hard, you can only try to match the moving of her lips against your own, until her lips start to slow down, and you feel a pressure up against yours. Taken by surprise, you can't stop her from putting her tongue into your mouth, and running it up against your own. A hot blush comes over you face as your heart beats louder and louder, and you fall over with her still on top of you, now laying on top of you with your lips locked together.

Taking your hands into her own, she continues pressing up against you, swapping saliva with you as you wonder just what you should do. Moving your own tongue forward, you begin to join her in this dance, letting go of her hands and holding her close to yourself. She pulls her own lips away from yours to get a breath, her face flushed in a bright red blush that matches your own.

Without a word, she comes back down, but instead of kissing your lips, she runs her tongue up against your neck. A soft moan escapes your lips as she does this, and you can feel yourself growing more and more excited as she rubs against you, running her tongue over the soft flesh of your nape. Returning to your lips, she locks them together with her own once again, your tongues sliding around each other once more.

That's when you feel it. Worry spreads over you as her hips come down and land on top of your engorged member, sending erotic waves of pleasure through your whole being. As she begins to rub up against it, you can feel pressure building up inside of it, and she presses her most important area up against it, making you moan into her mouth.

Pulling her lips away from your own, she smiles once more and reaches back to her skirt, pulling something down, all with a small grin on her face. Breathing heavily, you prepare to feel her press up against you once more, but this feeling is... different.

Soft flesh meet the tip of your throbbing penis, confusing you for just a second. As you feel something like a pair of lips spread open around the head, a gasp escapes your mouth, and just as you prepare to object... Another moan parts your lips, as she presses up against the tip of your throbbing flesh, teasing you all the while. With one last push, a warm sensation wraps around your hardened cock, and both you and Renko let loud moans escape your mouths as you enter her.

Breathing heavily, your chest starts to rise and fall as sweet smelling sweat builds up in your clothes. Renko is also sweating, but even so she begins to move her hips, rising and falling against your swollen flesh, and you moan all the while.

"R... Renkooo..." Breathing hard, a hard pressure builds up at the head, and Renko almost screams as the pressure is torn apart, by her own doing. "...Are you o- Ah! ...O-okay?"

Still breathing hard, she nods, and moves down even more, taking your penis in to the base. Smiling, she kisses your lips once again, and you return the kiss, tears welling up in your eyes for some reason you don't know. With her eyes closed, she continues to move up and down against you, taking you all the way to the base every time.

You want to tell her that there's no need to do that much, but the orgasmic feeling in your member, and the erotic feeling of her tongue against your lips stops you. Giving in to the pleasure, you begin to move your own hips, meeting her midway in the air each time as you make love to each other, with all these pent up feeling flowing freely. A pressure begins to rise in your phallus, and you gasp, pulling your lips away from hers.

"R-Renko..." Panting, your eyes are filled with worry as you speak. "I'm close to... W-well..."

She smiles, and slowly pulls up off of you, letting your engorged penis stand up freely. Covered in her own juices, and some of your own, you'd assume, you see a slight trickle of blood going down her leg, and feel a bit of remorse as she lowers herself off of you and closer to the ground, now taking your phallic member into her mouth.

With a moan, you feel her lips go down on the raging erection, and her tongue slips under the head. As she moves her tongue around the tip, you finally lose all self-restraint and let your sperm fly into her mouth, filling it up with the white liquid. She doesn't let a single drop fall, though, and she starts to swallow the load, slowly.

"Renko, you don't have to..."

Feeling some strange pleasure from the sight, you fire off once again, though not releasing as much this time. A strained expression coats her face for a moment, but she continues to swallow, taking the entire load down her throat. Letting go of your now flaccid penis, you see it fall slowly onto the space near your stomach, and she moves up to rest against your body. Unbuttoning her shirt, she removes her bra and lets her slight chest heave against your own, holding her cheek up to your own.

"...Renko, shouldn't we..."

Smiling, she shakes her head, brushing hairs up against your face. A giggle escapes your mouth as your chest heaves, and she speaks lowly, caressing your cheek in one hand.

"It's okay if we just stay like this a little longer..." Brushing her lips against yours, she grins. "Right?"

[ ] "R... right..."
[ ] "No... what if somebody finds us?"
[ ] "I guess so, but... why did you...?"
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:13 No. 14942
[ ] "I guess so, but... why did you...?"
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:21 No. 14943
[x] "R... right..."

FUCK

YES
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:30 No. 14945
[X] "I guess so, but... why did you...?"
[X] I love you

This post was everything i was hoping for, but i really wanted to see those 3 words in that post. It bothers me that they didn't pop up.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:35 No. 14946
[X] "R... right..."
That was simply wonderful.

>>14945
This.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:36 No. 14947
{X} "R... right..."

Well now.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:51 No. 14948
[x] "R... right..."
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)00:56 No. 14949
[✓] "I guess so, but... why did you...?"
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)05:22 No. 14950
"R... right..."

Your chest still heaving a bit, you lay there with Renko on top of you, looking at her content face as she holds her cheek up against yours. The sound of a few birds passing by can be heard as you lay there, working up the courage to ask her something.

"...Renko, just why did you...?"

She wraps her arms around your neck, still with her cheek up against your own. Still with that content and happy smile on her face, she begins to speak once more.

"Why did I what?"

"Why did you... Well, why did you do all of that?"

Shifting around on top of you, she looks you in the eyes, still smiling all the while. The sweet smell of her skin makes you a little excited again, as does her soft body pressed up against your own. Wrapping your own arms around her back, you get her to react by laughing softly, and then petting your hair as she speaks.

"Clarify."

You smile, too, and lower your arms a little as you speak to her in an equally soft and content tone.

"Why did you do all of that? The kiss, the s... sex, the swallowing..." Blushing, you avert your eyes for a moment. "It just seemed kind of... sudden."

She then lowers her forehead, pressing it up against your own. As she runs her fingers through your hair, you can feel an air of relief form around her, and she speaks softly still, not raising her voice in the slightest.

"Well, there's a good reason for all of that." Chuckling, she twirls a lock of your hair around. "Do you want to know?"

You nod, curious to know just what this reason is. Just a second later she leans in, and locks lips with you once more, though not using her tongue this time. Unconsciously your hands have traveled down to her buttocks, and they rest there as the two of you share this passionate moment with each other, laying there in solitude.

Pulling up from the kiss, she smiles sweetly once again, holding a hand to your cheek as she speaks.

"It's because..." Cocking her head to one side, she laughs. "I love you."

All at once, your heart begins to pick up the beating again, and your eyes start to feel watery. Renko raises a brow to this, getting up off of you and helping you sit up. Holding you by the shoulder, she shakes you a little as the tears fall from your eyes.

"Aoi? Was I too heavy?" Still shaking your shoulders, she continues to speak. "Or did I say something wrong? Are you okay?"

The tears still streaming down your face, you wrap your arms around her and cry over her shoulder, now realizing why you feel this way. As she pats your back, you speak up, now confident enough to say it.

"I... I..." Hiccuping a little bit, you manage to stammer the words out. "I love you, too!"

A thin smile forming on her lips, Renko just shakes her head as she ruffles your hair about. This catches you by surprise, and the tears begin to come to a slow.

"Dummy." Still smiling warmly, she starts to put her shirt back on. "Don't say such corny things."

...You smile. Maybe this relationship will be a good thing after all... Maybe, just maybe, she won't change because of this happening... Or, maybe there will be a good change?

Getting your own clothes straightened out, you look over to Renko, who is now fully dressed and looking up at the sky. She turns her attention back to you, smiling as she does so. Putting an arm around your shoulder, she laughs as she starts to speak.

"It's getting late." Her breath smells... Kind of weird. "We should be going home... But, to which one?"

[ ] To the Han Mansion. Your mother should be there with the police by now.
[ ] To Renko's house. You never did keep up on the promise to play with her sister.
[ ] Back to your apartment. This way, the two of you can be alone.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)05:30 No. 14951
[x] Back to your apartment. This way, the two of you can be alone.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)12:19 No. 14954
[x] Back to your apartment. This way, the two of you can be alone.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)12:24 No. 14955
[X] Back to your apartment. This way, the two of you can be alone.

And then Renko dies. Dear god no.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)13:40 No. 14956
"Maybe we can go back to... Uh..." Fidgeting your fingers around nervously, your gaze falls to the ground. "Well... back to my apartment?"

All at once Renko's smile becomes a full-blown grin, and she shakes your shoulder a little as the two of you walk out from behind the bushes. It looks like there weren't any passersby that noticed the sounds you two had been making, and it also looks like there isn't anybody in the entire park.

"Yeah, I like that idea." Chuckling, she moves her arm down to your hand, and clasps it in her own. "This way, we can be all alooone."

All alone...? Is she saying that you might... No, no, that can't be it. Maybe she just honestly wants to be with you and only you for once, without Mary or her sister or anybody to get in the way? As the two of you walk along, a question pops into your head, and you can't help but make it known.

"Renko..." Still blushing a little from realizing that all of that really did happen, you tug on her arm. "How long did you want to... well..."

Her own cheeks gain a slight blush, and she starts to laugh nervously because of the question. As she squeezes your hand, you can tell that she finds this subject uncomfortable.

"Well, I..." Scratching her head, she laughs again. "That is... I've actually felt that way for a few months now."

...A few months? She's really been holding those feelings for that long, without acting on them? A sweet smile meets your lips as the two of you walk along, and you feel the tugs of honesty to admit something, yourself.

"...I had thought about you that way, too..." Fidgeting about, the bright red of your cheeks probably looks incredibly silly at this moment. "I mean, it had been for at least one month, and I..."

She laughs again, swinging your hands back and forth in the same moment. As she does this, a new sense of calm comes over you, letting you know that she honestly is the same person you had started to fall for. You start to laugh, too, as the two of you walk side-by-side, and hand-in-hand down the side of the road, making your way towards your apartment.

Finally reaching it, you nervously search your things for the key, finding it and unlocking the door. Stepping in, you can see that you should clean the place up a little, since you had left a bit of a mess the last time you were in here. Renko follows you in, and grins when she sees all the dishes in the sink, and a few things on the floor.

"Hey, hey." Grabbing your hand once again, she smiles. "You need to be able to clean up after yourself if you're going to be my wife."

"W-wife?" Did she really just say that? How embarrassing... "What do you mean by 'wife'?"

She pulls out a chair, chuckling to herself all the while. Picking up a newspaper, she sets it down on the table before she speaks, looking just a bit studious in the process.

"Well, that's the kind of position that you'd play, right?" Standing back up, she grabs your hands and presses against you, smiling. "I'll be the husband, you can be the wife!"

You can only avert your eyes and nod in response to this, unable to refuse this agreement. Even though it's strange, being a wife would be kind of... Well, it may sound incredibly deviant of you, but it might be fun. As Renko lets go of your hands, she pulls them up behind your head and locks your lips together once again, giving you no room to refuse.

You can only return the kiss, wrapping your arms around her back once again. She smiles, poking against your lips with her tongue as the two of you stand there, holding each other. Parting your lips, you run your own tongue against her own, feeling the heat of her breath entering into your mouth, and feeling her tongue tap against your teeth. Slowly, the two of you pull away from each other again, blushing.

"Aha, I can't really get enough of that..." Smiling innocently, Renko lets go of your head as you let go of her back. "I've been wanting to do that for so long that I... I guess I'm perverted."

You just laugh, shaking your head in response to this assumption. She chuckles and walks over to the kitchen area of the two-story apartment, opening up a cabinet to pull out some kind of food product.

"Hey, Aoi..." As she starts to open the package, a worried look crosses over her face. "I don't think Mary will just stand by and let us be together... She'd probably try to ruin this, somehow..."

[ ] "So, what should we do?"
[ ] "Why do you say that?"
[ ] "Yeah, she probably would..."

-----

Next update in a few hours.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)13:57 No. 14957
[x] "So, what should we do?"

In before KILL HER.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)14:05 No. 14958
{X} "So, what should we do?"
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)14:14 No. 14959
[X] "So, what should we do?"
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)17:14 No. 14960
[X] "So, what should we do?"

Hauu~ I want to take Aoi and Renko home, this whole thing is too cute.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)17:50 No. 14961
[x] "So, what should we do?"
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)19:26 No. 14962
Back and writing.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)19:50 No. 14964
"So... What should we do?"

Starting to add some water to a bowl, she shrugs her shoulders back. Taking a seat, you just watch as she begins to heat up the bowl of rice, and then as she looks through your refrigerator.

"Hmm. Where do you keep the meat at?"

"Oh, it's in the bottom drawer."

She pulls the package of chicken out and opens it, taking a quick whiff to make sure that it's still good. She then starts to rummage through some cabinets, looking for your chopping board. Pointing towards the one next to the oven, you sigh contently. If what she said happened, then you'd soon be the one preparing dinner, probably wearing an apron as you do so...

Reaching into a drawer, she pulls out a large knife with one sharp, flat side to it. Taking it to the meat, she starts to chop it up into smaller bits, suitable for a dish of curry. Getting out of your seat, you decide that you should help her. Opening the pantry up, you grab the curry powder and set it down on the counter top, and she starts to talk again as you grab the tomatoes that were in the refrigerator.

"Hey, Aoi." Her mood having perked up, she sounds plenty cheerful as she speaks to you in her composed tone. "Do you have any... aprons?"

Nodding, you smile. After setting the tomatoes down and washing your hands, you go into a nearby closet and pull out two aprons, which your mother had sent with you when your father had you live in this apartment. Renko washes her hands and puts one on, and you decide to put the other on, so that you can feel more like... a wife.

"Ah..." Holding her chin, she looks over your figure, appraising it. "Yeah, that looks really nice on you. It's adorable!"

She laughs, and you can only manage to pull down on the bottom of the apron, blushing. After a few more seconds you start to pull out carrots and a few other vegetables, until there's a sudden knock at the door.

"...Eh?" Looking up from her pot, Renko raises and eyebrow to the noise. "Who do you know that would be here this late, Aoi? Do you think it's your mom?"

"I... don't know." Standing up from your place, you rush over to the door and look out of the peephole, trying to get a good look at who it is. "...E... Eliza?"

Right, it's that girl who looked just like Eliza. Her skin is a little paler, though, and her hair has a little less of a shine to it. Opening the door a crack, you nervously greet her.

"Um, hello..." The chain on the door stays in place, making it so that nobody can get in unless you let them in. "Who are you?"

Bowing her head in a familiar and slightly frightening manner, she looks at you with slightly blurry eyes as she speaks. It's a ridiculous resemblance that she has, but... How did she know where you live?

"You know my name already, Master." Bowing once more, she maintains her gesture as she speaks. "My name is Eliza."

...What? Looking over to Renko, you can see the surprise that's also on her face. Turning your attention back to this girl who claims to be the deceased maid, you shake your head in worry as you look at her, backing up a little.

"Um, no... That's impossible." Her posture is now the same as the maid's, with no difference in her mannerisms. "Eliza is... She's..."

The girl cocks her head to one side, her almost lifeless eyes sending chills up your spine. As your breath becomes heavy, she speaks up once more, getting closer to the gap in the door.

"Dead?"

[ ] Slam the door, and lock it.
[ ] Call for Renko to come over and help.
[ ] Ask her about why she would know that.

-----

Next update will be in about an hour, or sooner if there are enough votes when I want to write.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)19:57 No. 14965
[x] Ask her about why she would know that.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)20:13 No. 14966
{X} Ask her about why she would know that.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)20:14 No. 14967
[ ] Ask her about why she would know that.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)20:24 No. 14970
[ ] Ask her about why she would know that.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)20:26 No. 14972
[X] Ask her about why she would know that.

Aoi in apron made me hnnnngh.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)20:32 No. 14973
Writing now.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)20:53 No. 14974
"How do you..." Swallowing hard, you take a step back, looking into the girl's strange eyes. "Why do you know that?"

She smiles, and then starts to laugh. The laugh is pleasant at first, almost adorable, but gradually it becomes... sinister. A twisted grin spreads across her face as she grasps the chain in the door, and a loud crunching sound can be heard as she grinds her palm around in place.

Letting go of the chain, she continues to give you that twisted grin. Pieces of the metal fall to the floor, making a loud clacking noise, and blood gradually starts to roll down her palm. Pushing the door open, she takes a step in, just to be kicked back by Renko.

"Stop that!" Her eyes stern, she stands in front of you with her teeth clenched together, glaring at the girl who's head is now tilted so far back that... It shouldn't be physically possible.

Slowly, her head snaps back into place, and she stands to her feet, now at attention. A small mewing noise comes up from the side of the apartment, and a tiny black cat steps out in front of the girl, looking at you curiously. Taking a few steps in, it begins to... grow. Its body becomes longer and wider, and its voice becomes more and more fearsome as it stands there, leaving you and Renko silent in shock.

It suddenly stands up, now in a posture similar to that of a human being. With its monstrous eyes pointed in your direction, it... smiles. Sharp fangs line the inside of its mouth, making for a ghastly display that no dentist would want to get near. It then begins to take on even more human characteristics, as its snout begins to form a nose, and its chin begins to get lower...

The fur vanishing all at once, clothing appears to replace that fur, and a small green hat rests on the monsters head as it grows hair, and takes on the form of... A small girl, who has two large ears and tails like a cat's. Smiling, she holds her hand out to you, like how a crime lord would demand a pay.

"...W...what?"

She frowns at your confusion, and finally speaks up. Her voice is unexpectedly childish, even though she has the form of a child. You were expecting some kind of demonic voice to come out of her mouth, for a second.

"You have something that isn't yours!" Speaking harshly, she taps her foot, and the maid behind her falls to the ground, having lost her balance. "The owner wants it back, and we've been following you, waiting to get it back! So... Um, please hand it over."

Too shocked for words, you just stand behind Renko as the girl speaks, watching the maid stand up, dust herself off, and then frown. She speaks up, sounding once again like the maid you remember to be Eliza.

"Ah, master! I hate it when you do that." ...This isn't a side of Eliza you've seen before. Just why is she calling this girl "master", anyway? "Can't I be free to use my body without you controlling me?"

The girl's large ears fold down, and she sneers at the maid, silencing her all at once. Turning her gaze back to you, she points at you bag impatiently.

"You picked up a doll that looks like this girl. It belongs to a small girl with a noose around her neck, and she wants it back!" Hands on her hips, she harrumphs loudly. "If you just give it back, I can leave you alone. So please, hand it over."

[ ] "...N-no, I don't think I should..."
[ ] "Um, yes! Here, you can have it."
[ ] "...What are you?"
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)20:54 No. 14975
Same one hour rule applies, though I'd prefer to be able to write in the next 30 minutes.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)21:09 No. 14976
[x] "If she wants it back, she should ask for it in person."
[x] "You however definitely have something of mine. Eliza is my servant; give her back, and I may reconsider."
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)21:09 No. 14977
[x] "If she wants it back, she should ask for it in person."
[x] "You however definitely have something of mine. Eliza is my servant; give her back, and I may reconsider."
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)21:12 No. 14979
{X} "If she wants it back, she should ask for it in person."
{X} "You however definitely have something of mine. Eliza is my servant; give her back, and I may reconsider."

eh
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)21:13 No. 14980
[X] "If she wants it back, she should ask for it in person."
[X] "You however definitely have something of mine. Eliza is my servant; give her back, and I may reconsider."
Better than the given options for sure.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)21:41 No. 14981
Scratch that, I still don't have something that I need for this update. I'll have to put this on hold until I can find it.
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)22:05 No. 14982
>>Where do you keep the meat at?
Though it is correct grammar, in English, I really dislike this sentence structure.

[+] "Um, yes! Here, you can have it."
>> 2009/03/29(Sun)22:17 No. 14983
10:1 odds it's Kana possessing Eliza's body, who is in turn being controlled by Chen's nekomata powers.
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)02:38 No. 14987
[z] "If she wants it back, she should ask for it in person."
[e] "You however definitely have something of mine. Eliza is my servant; give her back, and I may reconsider."

There is a time for Aoi's delicious ass getting back into the kitchen and shaking it while he cooks in an apron, and there is a time for Aoi to man the fuck up and show he's got some stones. This is one of the latter.

...Although, can you just imagine coming home to Aoi cooking dinner for you?

Mmmmmm.
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)04:10 No. 14988
"If she wants it back, then..." Holding your words for a second, you swallow hard to prepare for what you're going to say. "Then, she should ask for it in person."

The girl instantly becomes annoyed, taking on a gloomy and irritated expression. Her jaw hangs just a little as she looks at you in disbelief, all before she composes herself to speak.

"Mimi won't be happy to hear that..." Her ears folding down, a look of sorrow glazes over her eyes. "And I don't want to disappoint Ran, so I..."

Feeling a bit more confident, with her starting to become silent and behaved, more words which you could say form in your mind. It may be risky to say this, but... You need to say it, if you hope to ever be able to be self confident. Renko now stands at your side as you speak, no longer shaken up from the girl who had been a monster cat.

"You have something of mine, though." Your voice wavers just a little bit as you speak, but this isn't enough to stop you. "Eliza is my servant, and I want her back. If you return her, then I might give you that doll."

The girl's face quickly morphs into a mix of a scowl and a look of absolute delight. Eliza takes a few steps forward, walking like a puppet on its strings. Her face remains human though, and her expression suggests that she doesn't want to do this.

"Give her back?" Showing you her sharp, white teeth, the small girl giggles and makes Eliza spin around with the wave of a finger. "She depends on me to stay alive. Without me, she'd become a rotting corpse with no soul in her body!"

"Is that true?" Suddenly speaking up, Renko turns her attention to the helpless maid, who is currently just standing there in an awkward stance. "Does that mean you aren't really alive, or...?"

Looking downhearted, Eliza shakes her head solemnly. You bite your lip while thinking about what this means, and the small brown haired girl laughs once more, her pupils coming to a slit all the while.

"Gwahahahaha!" Gritting her teeth, she moves her fingers around like a puppeteer as she speaks. "That's right, I could make her drop over and become nothing more than a corpse right now. How about you return the doll, or I do that?"

...Swallowing hard, you can't help but want to curse this girl for behaving this way. Thinking things over, you look at Renko, who is also visibly worried about this turn of events. As you think over how to respond, Eliza is freed from her hold and becomes independent once more, returning to the girl's side.

"...Okay, we can't really refuse that." Reaching into your bag, Renko grabs the doll and holds it out to the girl, smiling weakly. "Come on and take it, it sounds like a fair enough trade."

"Renko...!" Feeling betrayed, you look at her with a silent horror on your face. Something in her eyes catches you, though. It might be a sparkle of courage, or a plan coming into form, but it's there all the same.

The girl cautiously approaches, reaching towards Renko's open hand to grab the doll. Once she takes a hold of it, getting ready to pull away... A knee flies up into her chest, knocking the breath out of her in one shot. Taking the doll back, Renko doesn't look to be happy to do this as she places her foot on the girl's head, having gained the upper hand.

"We'll let you go, if you stay away from here!" Her voice really is a bit shaky, but that's to be expected. She just took a risk by kicking this apparent monster, despite the fact that it isn't just a human. "Get out of here and don't come back, okay?"

Eliza grabs Renko's foot, a dull look set into her eyes. Lifting the foot up, she helps the girl get free before fleeing to the door. The girl looks like she's embarrassed, humiliated, and as if she had some dark secret found out all at once.

"You...!" Rubbing the back of her head, she's visibly angry, though also frightened. "I won't forget this! Count yourselves lucky that Ran didn't want me coming here!"

With that, she flees out into the darkness, quickly taking on the form of a cat once more. Renko all but slams the door, finding that the chain had somehow been restored during the quarrel. Locking the door up in every way she can, she looks out the peephole and nods contently, letting a sigh escape her lips.

"...It looks like she's gone. Eliza, or that person who claims to be Eliza, too."

"...Renko." You're equally worried, still confused about how a cat became a person. "What do you think that... was?"

A look of foreboding in her eyes, she pulls something Mary had once given her out of her pocket placing it on the door knob. She then heads into the kitchen and gets some salt, spreading it around the base of the door. That's right, you've heard about something like this before... Something about spreading salt to keep demons away? That's just mythology though, isn't it?

"Remember those things Mary had you draw, Aoi?" Pointing towards the bag containing your sketchbook, she barely smiles. "That thing fit the description of one thing you drew perfectly, didn't it?"

...That's right. A cat with a forked tail, who brings about bad omens. That's what Mary called it, right...? Thinking it over even more, the woman "Yukari" also fits into Mary's dream diary, which talked of a similar woman.

"Right, she's the same." Following Renko back to the pots, you still feel a lack of safety as you speak. "Do you think it's okay to just stay here, though? That thing knows that we're here, and unless that rumor about salt is true..."

Smiling broadly, Renko begins to stir the contents of the pot, no longer worried. With a small nod, she begins to speak, her tone calming you down a little.

"My sister helps at a local shrine." Winking, she continues. "If that thing exists, then the way to keep it outside should be real, too... right?"

[ ] "...I guess that makes some sense."
[ ] "That wasn't what it looked like, though! It was some kind of... trick? It wasn't real, that's for sure."
[ ] "That makes no sense, but... neither does a kitten shape shifting into a little girl. Anything could make sense right about now..."
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)05:48 No. 14990
Perhaps you are a priestess with your powers straight from god
Perhaps you are a witch with flying broom and magic rod
Perhaps you are a vampire who feeds with her Darjeeling
It won't excuse your manners if we find you've hurt our feelings

Perhaps you are a fairy playing tricks and floating far
Perhaps you are an alien from 'round a distant star
Perhaps you are a samurai upon an urgent quest
It won't excuse your manners if we find ourselves aggressed

Perhaps you are an oni strong who drinks her share of ale
Perhaps you are a talking cat with bifurcating tail
Perhaps you are an angel from the dawn of all creation
It won't excuse your manners if we find calumniation

So even if you're made of clouds, or if your ears are furry
Or if your lives are nonuple, or if you're dead and buried
We act with frank consistency however you appear
You'd better mind your manners or we'll throw you on your ear!
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)06:43 No. 14992
A write-in that worked, and showed ballsiness on the part of both the protagonist and her ally. Chen's slip that Ran didn't want her coming here is ammo to use against the Yakumo clan in the future--something along the lines of, "Trust you? You can't even control your own servants..."

[x] "...I guess that makes some sense."
[x] "You looked kind of cool back there, Renko."

>>14990

Superb.
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)09:43 No. 14993
[z] "...I guess that makes some sense."
[e] "You looked kind of cool back there, Renko."
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)13:24 No. 14997
{X} "...I guess that makes some sense."
{X} "You looked kind of cool back there, Renko."
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)16:33 No. 15001
[x] "...I guess that makes some sense."
[x] "You looked kind of cool back there, Renko."
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)16:36 No. 15002
[x] "...I guess that makes some sense."
[x] "You looked kind of cool back there, Renko."
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)23:07 No. 15011
Writing now.
>> 2009/03/31(Tue)23:37 No. 15012
"...I guess it makes some sense." Brushing the apron, you look back at the door nervously before handing some spice to Renko. "You looked kind of cool back there, though."

That same goofy smile appears on her face, just like it has numerous times in the past. Stirring the pot with one hand, she uses the other to rub the back of her head in an attempt at modesty.

"Ah, no..." Still smiling, she chuckles a little before speaking again. "Really? Do you think so?"

Nodding, you watch her lower the arm that was behind her head as she stirs the contents of the pot. As the brown and red brew stirs around inside the vessel, a thought strikes you, sending a sharp realization into your consciousness. That's right, she said that Ran didn't want her to...

"...Didn't that girl say that Ran didn't want her coming here?" Drumming your fingers on the counter top, you hold one cheek in worry. "That would mean that Ran is something else, too. Wouldn't you agree?"

Renko seems to think while stirring the contents of the pot around, tapping the counter in a similar way to your own drumming. Maybe she's realized just how good and bad this could be... That's right, Ran may seem like a good person, but if she owns something like that girl, then...

"Ah, that's right." Snapping her fingers, Renko continues to stir the pot's contents about while speaking. "Right, they're the two from that night. I didn't really recognize Ran without her weird clothes or tails, but there's no mistaking it. That was them."

She's right. Ran and... Somehow, the name Chen comes back to your mind. Right, she called that cat of hers Chen at school. As you drum the counter top harder, you begin to think of what Mary had you write for those two. It was some time ago, but she had you draw what she called a "nine tailed fox god" and a "demon cat".

"So, that means that were Mary's delusions are actually real?" Scratching your head, that does sound silly. Then again, a cat becoming a small girl is also silly. "So, wait. Just what was that Yukari woman, again?"

"Undefined." Shrugging her shoulders, Renko sighs. "Mary was never clear on just what she was, only on what she can do. Can you stir this for a second, Aoi?"

Nodding, you grab the ladle and begin to stir. Renko picks up a salt shaker and heads upstairs, probably to put salt by the windowsill. Despite how weird a method it is, you can't argue with her logic about how it should be successful enough, as a barricade. Coming back down the stairs, she checks for any windows before relaxing. She walks back over to you, swinging her hips in the process, and takes the ladle back.

"Well, if what I know is right, then that should keep us safe from them." Putting an arm around your shoulder, she gives you a slight shove as she continues. "That means we really are all alone again, huh?"

You just nod, blushing a little at the thought of what that could mean... Wait, no! She can't be talking about that, so she might just mean...

"You know, I still need to translate some of the text from that page." Giving you a quizzical look, she frowns weakly. "I'm sorry to ask, but can you stir this again while I do that?"

[ ] "No, I'd rather work together with you!"
[ ] "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."
[ ] "Okay, but only if we can talk more later on."

-----

Sorry about it being so small. The next one will be bigger.
>> 2009/04/01(Wed)00:04 No. 15013
[ ] "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."
>> 2009/04/01(Wed)00:25 No. 15014
[X] "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."
>> 2009/04/01(Wed)01:15 No. 15015
[x] "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."
>> 2009/04/01(Wed)02:28 No. 15016
[X] "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."
>> 2009/04/01(Wed)04:32 No. 15018
[ ] "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."

Story of my life man
>> 2009/04/01(Wed)06:33 No. 15020
[d] "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."
[a] Where's Nyom?
[z] Summon Nyom
[e] Pet Nyom.
>> 2009/04/01(Wed)12:12 No. 15021
{X} "Yeah, we should stop putting that off..."
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)06:44 No. 15048
"Oh... Sure." Taking over, you start to stir the pot as Renko removes her apron. "Yeah, we really should stop putting that off..."

She nods, and then takes off into the main room, walking towards her bag. As you stir the pot of ingredients, you begin to reflect on the events of this day...

...That's right, your mother was meeting with the owner of that one hotel. You can't help but wonder how that went, and the thoughts of their relationship pass over your mind. You dismiss these thoughts, though, and think about school instead.

...Right, right. Those Yakumo people took on the name Han and suddenly appeared in the school... Yukari even threatened to bring some of her weird friends to the school, even though you didn't do much of anything to her...

"...Huh." Flipping the pages in her books, Renko starts to scribble some things down, occasionally looking up at you as she attempts to translate the pages. "...Hey, Aoi. Look at this."

Showing you the diagram on the page, she points at the eight spheres surrounding the main body of the circle. Each sphere has the numbers one to twelve around it, and an image which looks like a wheel in the circle itself. The main circle has some strange text all around it, but it's that foreign and twisted nature of the circle that makes you want to avert your eyes.

"The text around the inside of the circle... It's in two languages, and I don't know what they are." Pulling the book back, she looks at her notes while drumming a pencil on the counter top. "The words below explain it, though."

"What does it mean?"

For a moment, Renko seems lost for words. She just holds the eraser end of the pencil to her mouth, screwing her eyes up in thought. A minute later she brings the pencil down, and begins explaining.

"Basically, it's saying something about giving blessings, and someone's name being praised." She laughs a little, showing you just how ridiculous you both think this is. "The text also says that it's used to summon some kind of demon. Apparently each circle represents a clock, and the one getting a blessing has to make a wish within eight days, or the demon takes their soul and leaves."

"That's kind of... brutal." Turning the heat off, you grab two plates and begin preparing the meal. "That word works, right? Brutal?"

Renko nods, then turns her attention to the food being put on the plates. Smiling, she places her chin in one hand and watches you prepare the dishes, before you set one down in front of her.

"Ah, you're good at presenting food..." Taking a bite, she chews it over in thought before speaking again. "I'm guessing that, if this is some guideline that Mary's using, then it means she's acting things out according to this 'demon summoning'."

...Now that she brings it up, that night just two days ago was when Mary tried to cut you with a knife in the basement. So, this means she cut herself instead, and tried to summon a monster...?

"Well, you're acting like it isn't real." Speaking matter-of-factly, you hold a finger to your brow and puff out your cheeks. "Even though we saw that cat become a girl, too!"

Renko laughs, and then eats some more of her food. You also continue eating, before grabbing two glasses and pouring a soft drink to go with the meal. As the two of you eat, you wonder just how Renko will react.

"...Aaah, I can't deny that." Tapping the spoon against her plate, Renko admits her defeat. "So, that would mean Mary was successful, and summoned some demon who is now targeting us, for one reason or another."

You just nod, and finish off your plate. Putting just a little more food on the dish, you continue eating while Renko helps herself to seconds. It makes you smile just a little, seeing her eating food you helped prepare like that.

"Well... Since the demon and her followers are at school, and haven't attacked us there, we can be sure of this." She raises her spoon up into the air, and then points it at you in a flashy show of confidence. "This means that they can't go after us in places with other people around!"

"...Oh!" Remembering the things Maribel told you while you had drawn these things before, you nod. "Mary said they needed belief in their existence to keep from dropping dead, right?"

After a moment, Renko nods with a shining grin on her face. Chewing up the last bit of her food, she points the spoon up into the air once more, making one last declaration.

"The demon lives off of fear, and will vanish in about five days!" Nodding her head, she grins. "So, that means that Eliza, your dad, and the people on the news were probably sacrifices for the monster..."

Noticing your cringing at the mention of these deaths, she shakes her head and laughs. The two of you spend some time washing the dishes in what's mostly silence, and then sit on the nearby couch together, looking at the TV. Renko spreads her arms out and yawns, rubbing at her eyes a little.

"Oh..." Checking the clock, she shrugs. "It's not very late, but I'm already tired... I think I'll go to bed, if that's fine with you, Aoi."

[ ] "...In... my bed?"
[ ] "I'll take a shower, then..."
[ ] "Oh... Could I go to bed with... you?"
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)06:48 No. 15049
[X] We should sleep in the same room. Best not to get separated.
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)06:50 No. 15050
[X] We should sleep in the same room. Best not to get separated.
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)07:59 No. 15053
[x] "...In... my bed?"

Blushing and trembling slightly~
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)11:18 No. 15060
[x] "Oh... Could I go to bed with... you?"
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)11:32 No. 15061
[x] "Oh... Could I go to bed with... you?"
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)12:46 No. 15067
[+]We should sleep in the same room. Best not to get separated.

Personal opinion: Renko and Aoi just had semi-spontaneous sex. Aoi is not completely sure of his feelings right now. Perhaps he wants to be closer to Renko now, perhaps not. However, if you go with something like sleeping in the same bed, you’re risking the danger of making Aoi a little too dependant on Renko for security and just glomming onto her at every opportunity. I’m all for a good relationship between the two of them, but I don’t want Aoi turning into a spineless damsel in distress. And knowing his established personality, that will happen if you’re not careful.

This vote gives an intelligent middle ground. Safety in numbers while keeping close for the relationship’s sake, but not so close as to make Aoi more dependant than he already is.

Yes I’m over-thinking this. It’s what I do.
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)13:00 No. 15069
[X] We should sleep in the same room. Best not to get separated.
[X] Take a shower before going to bed, though.
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)14:14 No. 15072
Now I'm all worried about Aoi's mom again. We need to check up on her tomorrow.
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)20:18 No. 15076
[x] We should sleep in the same room. Best not to get separated.
>> 2009/04/03(Fri)22:22 No. 15077
[x] We should sleep in the same room. Best not to get separated.
>> 2009/04/04(Sat)05:42 No. 15085
[ze] "We should sleep in the same room. Best not to get separated."

>I’m all for a good relationship between the two of them, but I don’t want Aoi turning into a spineless damsel in distress. And knowing his established personality, that will happen if you’re not careful.
I believe someone made this exact point before. However, you're right, and it does need to be made again (much as I'd like to have them sleeping together, sex or not.)
>> 2009/04/06(Mon)18:46 No. 15119
Updates?
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)03:12 No. 15124
Updates!

-----

"...We should sleep in the same room." Looking down, you hide your face from her line of sight. "...I mean, it's better to not be separated..."

"...Yeah, we should." As you look over at her, you can see that she's calmed down a lot from earlier. "I'll grab the futon, and-"

"No!" Suddenly looking over at her, you shake your head. "No, you can't sleep on the floor! You could..."

Realizing that there isn't another option, you look down once more and lock your fingers together. Renko smiles and pats your shoulder, looking a bit downhearted the whole time.

"I understand." She sighs, and stretches once more before walking towards the staircase. "I'll take the floor, so there's no reason for you to worry."

...Trembling a little, you wonder why you just did that. Even though you wanted to sleep in the same bed with her, and to be closer with her... You didn't even suggest that. She must have been thinking about it, too, and wondering why you seemed to avoid that topic...

Letting your shoulders droop, you walk up the stairs and enter your bedroom, to find Renko spreading out the futon. She gives you a small wave and sits down, starting to climb into it. As you walk towards your bed, you hear her start to speak, only to stop and start up again.

"...Sweet dreams, Aoi."

Biting your lip, you swallow hard. As you climb into your bed, you see her reaching for the light switch.

"...Yeah, sweet dreams."

After you say that, the lights go out, and Renko scrambles around to find her futon, making you wonder why she climbed into it before turning the lights out. Your thoughts drift to other things, like the topic of Yukari's friends... and the topic of her two "servants" that are already with her. Then there's also the herd of blond girls that she leads around like sheep... What are they, anyway?

Ran is a fox. Chen is a cat. Those girls and Yukari are... a mystery. Thinking this, you look towards the window and see a shadow by it, coming from the outside. Perked cat ears slant backwards, and you can make out the disappointed face of "Chen" on the other side of the glass.

...As you wonder how she can be up by the window when there's nothing to support her, you drift off into sleep, trusting that Renko's methods of protecting the house are secure.

...

...The same vision appears as you float in an infinite black space. From below, a large symbol like that pin of yours appears, and that same woman floats up to you. As she grabs a hold of your hands, you manage to get some words out, and speak.

"...Who are you?"

Pausing this ritual of hers, she cocks her head to a side, smiling. She moves her lips, and yet no sound comes out, leaving you to wonder just what she's trying to get across. Seeing that you can't understand her, she puts her forehead against your own and brushes her lips against yours, sending you backwards.

She follows after, of course, giggling as she keeps her forehead up to your own. The "world" starts to appear around you once again, and as she starts to fade, the sensation of weightlessness becomes more apparent to you.

...The whole world around you is that of the Han garden. A group of those same umbrella creatures floats by, and the sight of a pacing shadow catches your eye. It's coming from the second floor, and as you float through the wall and into the room... You can see that it's your mother.

"I can't believe this..." Rubbing her forehead, she moans in agony as she walks along the carpet in the room. "The cameras captured it all, but..."

In a chair nearby, Maribel stirs. She had been paying attention to your mother, but not as much until cameras were mentioned. With a shine in her eyes, she speaks as if things were completely normal, and as if this wasn't the room with a certain chalk outline on the table.

"Right. The security cameras caught footage of a woman who looked like me, floating around the mansion with twenty-one small girls following her. It then showed that same woman attacking and killing the maid Eliza, and father."

Swallowing hard, your mother moans once more, the agony of this revelation taking its toll on her.

"That woman..." A few tears in her eyes, she shakes her head as she speaks. "He tried to hold that woman as she killed him... He tried to kiss her, even! That same woman in those pictures, who..."

Slamming her fist on the table, she cries out with a shriek of pain and disgust. Mary cringes at this sight, looking away as she does so. With a growing rage in her eyes, and with hot tears on her cheeks, your mother walks towards the door of the room.

"I thought that she was dead! He told me that she was dead before he married me!" Dabbing at her nose with a tissue, she shakes her head. "She was still alive...? How could she be alive, that horrible woman!"

"Mom... She was my real mother, so there's no reason to-"

Her eyes showing no compassion for the young woman in the chair, your mother opens the door and exits through it, slamming it on her way out. Mary looks up at the roof and grins, twiddling her thumbs.

"...So, Mom is still alive..." A grin spreading across her face, she pushes up out of her chair and walks towards the door, laughing as she shuffles along. "I should know though... Haha... Hehehehehe...."

Exiting the room, she leaves you floating there, dazed. As you float there, a familiar voice speaks up from behind you, with the sound of a fan being opened.

"Gwahahahaha... That girl is too much!" Turning about, you're met with the form of Yukari, who has half her body in one of those strange holes of hers. "Calling me her 'mother'! She has no mother, that rat of a child!"

Floating towards you, she climbs out of the gap and then rests up against it, letting her rear end fall into the hole. Fanning herself with that same fan of hers, she gives you a nod before speaking.

"So, I suppose there's some things you want answered..." Puffing her lips out, she screws up her eyes in thought. "What do you want to ask me, I wonder? Will I even answer... I wonder?"

[ ] "Enough mind games! I want to know the whole truth about what's going on here!"
[ ] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[ ] "What they were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"
[ ] "I don't want to talk to someone like you."
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)03:31 No. 15125
[x] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"

[04:23] <Kagami_is_editan> while I like a girlish and feminine Aoi, he shouldn't be a pussy, too.
[04:23] <ReadNOwen> ^
[04:23] <ReadNOwen> Exactly.
[04:23] <Ninny> He shouldn't push Renko away, either.

Let this be a lesson to you all.
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)04:40 No. 15127
[x] "The first thing I'd like ask is that you keep a firmer eye on your servants. The cat came to my front door with the corpse of my friend to mock and threaten me, then brazenly admitting 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her there."
[x] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[x] "They were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"
- [x] If this is true, you have nothing more to say to her. Ever.
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)04:59 No. 15132
[X] "The first thing I'd like ask is that you keep a firmer eye on your servants. The cat came to my front door with the corpse of my friend to mock and threaten me, then brazenly admitting 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her there."
[X] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[X] "They were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"

In addition:

[X] If she answers the above question affirmatively: "Do you... do you intend to kill anyone else?"

This has to stop. I get the feeling that Mary started it all, too.
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)05:41 No. 15134
[X] "The first thing I'd like ask is that you keep a firmer eye on your servants. The cat came to my front door with the corpse of my friend to mock and threaten me, then brazenly admitting 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her there."
[X] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[X] "They were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"
[X] If she answers the above question affirmatively: "Do you... do you intend to kill anyone else?"
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)05:43 No. 15135
[x] "The first thing I'd like ask is that you keep a firmer eye on your servants. The cat came to my front door with the corpse of my friend to mock and threaten me, then brazenly admitting 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her there."
[x] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[x] "They were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"
[x] If she answers the above question affirmatively: "Do you... do you intend to kill anyone else?"
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)05:58 No. 15136
[x] "The first thing I'd like ask is that you keep a firmer eye on your servants. The cat came to my front door with the corpse of my friend to mock and threaten me, then brazenly admitting 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her there."
[x] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[x] "They were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"
[x] If she answers the above question affirmatively: "Do you... do you intend to kill anyone else?"
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)08:34 No. 15137
[X] "The first thing I'd like ask is that you keep a firmer eye on your servants. The cat came to my front door with the corpse of my friend to mock and threaten me, then brazenly admitting 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her there."
[X] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[X] "They were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"
[X] If she answers the above question affirmatively: "Do you... do you intend to kill anyone else?"
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)10:35 No. 15139
[d] "The first thing I'd like ask is that you keep a firmer eye on your servants. The cat came to my front door with the corpse of my friend to mock and threaten me, then brazenly admitting 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her there."
[a] "Why does Mary call you her 'mother'?"
[~] "They were saying... That means, the culprit of those murders was not Mary, but you?"
[z] If she answers the above question affirmatively: "Do you intend to kill anyone else?"

TOMORROW MORNING:

[e] What the hell were you thinking? Hopefully Renko doesn't think you're getting cold feet. It's time to ramp up the spontaneous displays of affection, starting today.

If the ritual is true, Yukari's got a lot more kills to go.

Also, that lap-sitting idea is getting closer to seeing daylight. This is the right sort of situation for it to happen in, really.

>>15125
;_;
>> 2009/04/07(Tue)20:59 No. 15142
Hmm, calling it now. This'll more than likely be a wall, so it'll take a while to finish it.
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)03:33 No. 15144
>>15142

hooray!
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)13:02 No. 15149
"...The first thing I'd like to ask is..." Clutching at the ghastly projection of a skirt, you swallow hard, taking a break in your speech. "I want you to keep a better watch on your 'servants'."

"Oho?" Raising her brows in surprise, Yukari gives you a half-amused and half-surprised look. "Why is that, I wonder yet again?"

"...That cat came to my front door, and mocked me with the corpse of my friend..." Clenching a fist, you tremble a little. Even if she's listening to you like this, will she do anything about it...? "She threatened me, and openly admitted that 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her to be there..."

The demon merely floats there, holding a finger to her lips as she thinks. A ghastly smile curls on her lips, and she starts to speak in a tone that doesn't seem to suit her normally silly mode of speech.

"That wasn't a corpse, you know..." Running her tongue over her teeth, Yukari laughs lowly. "That was a separate body, in and of itself! A body made just to house Eliza."

"...What?" Scratching your head, you go over her words one more time. "Wait, what does that even mean? Are you saying that Eliza's soul was put into a new body, or...?"

She merely shrugs and puffs her cheeks out once more, signaling that she won't say any more about the subject. As much as this irritates you, it's become obvious enough by now that this demon won't do anything she doesn't feel like doing. Thinking about recent events, you quickly decide on a new question to ask her.

"Why did Mary call you her..."

"Her mother?" Smiling, Yukari interlaces her fingers while shifting out of the gap in space, now standing on her feet. "Well, that's easy enough to answer. Technically, I am her real mother."

...Wait, what? Is she saying that she gave birth to Maribel, or that she was her guardian when she was born, or...

"Just what does that even mean?"

"It's simple enough." Rolling her eyes about, she sighs heavily before continuing. "I created Maribel of my own flesh, giving her an inclination to magic. It can't get any more simple than that!"

As she cackles, you consider the things which she had just said. If what she said is true, then... That means that Maribel may be something other than human, and that she has an "inclination to magic"? So, that means that she really must have used magic to summon this demon, and then commanded her to go on a killing spree to fulfill some old ritual...

"Then, about what they were saying a minute ago." Holding one arm, you avoid looking into Yukari's eyes as you speak. "If what they said is true, then that means that you're responsible for those deaths, right? It means that Mary isn't the murderer."

"Hmph." Folding her arms, Yukari pouts in your direction as she speaks. "She technically is the murderer, since she was the one looking to collect a few sacrifices. I was just following a routine performance, and nothing more! It's just that simple!"

As she laughs, you consider her words. This would mean that, even though Yukari was the one who performed the murders, they were a direct command from Maribel, and nothing more. So, this would mean that Maribel was the one with an intent to kill, even if Yukari was the one carrying out the order...

"So, it was a routine? Part of this 'ritual' I keep hearing about...?"

"Yes, yes!" Smiling her toothy smile, the demon sits down in mid air and claps as she laughs. "Clap, clap, clap! Hooray for you, you're catching on!"

As she shifts her weight around, you notice another small hole holding her up in her place, and you quickly consider the inner workings of those holes. With all those eyes staring out of them, there must be something alive in every one... right?

"Yes, it's part of the 'ritual'." Stretching her arms a bit, she cricks her neck as she speaks. "The 'ritual' is a summoning rite, which is used to summon a demon who can grant wishes. After four sacrifices are lifted up, their souls are used as fuel for the perfect magic which grants wishes, and then the demon is free to leave or stay once the wish is fulfilled!"

Speaking matter-of-factly, the demon cackles once again as she waves her fan around. With a slight craze in her eyes, she continues to laugh, only stopping when you start to ask a new question.

"So, does that mean that... you don't intend to kill anybody else?"

"Whaaaaat?" Smiling her toothed smile, she gives you an odd glare which shows both unbelief and slight confusion. "Why would I kill anybody else, when the four sacrifices have already been lifted up? The only step remaining is the wish, which must be made by you-know-who."

With that, she laughs once again, making her parasol come out of the last gap she had been sitting on. Grabbing it by the handle, she turns about and looks at the window, and then turns to look at you.

"There's something I'd like to show you, if you're fine with being carried around by a demon." Grinning the same way she had been for a while now, she pops the parasol open as the gaps close up. "It's really interesting, too! I'm sure that you'd appreciate knowing more about it."

As she starts laughing that strange laugh once more, you're left there to decide just what should be done about this situation. Trembling slightly, a part of you wants to see what she has to show you, and yet another part wants to get away and not see this person ever again.

[ ] Agree to go with her, and see whatever it is she wants to show you.
[ ] Just run away, and don't look back.
[ ] Tell her that you aren't interested in seeing anything else that she thinks is interesting.
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)13:11 No. 15150
[x] Agree to go with her, and see whatever it is she wants to show you.
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)14:49 No. 15152
>>The One Behind the Spiriting-Away
>>Yukari Yakumo
[+] Agree to go with her, and see whatever it is she wants to show you.
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)16:20 No. 15153
[ ] Tell her that you aren't interested in seeing anything else that she thinks is interesting.
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)21:43 No. 15162
[x] Agree to go with her, and see whatever it is she wants to show you.
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)22:01 No. 15163
[x] "No thank you. If you'll excuse me, I'll be busy plotting how to murder my step-sister, in the event she decides one 'wish' isn't enough."

She'll force you to go anyway, but if I were Aoi, I would be thoroughly disgusted.
>> 2009/04/08(Wed)22:46 No. 15165
[X] Agree to go with her, and see whatever it is she wants to show you.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)01:25 No. 15166
>"Why would I kill anybody else, when the four sacrifices have already been lifted up? The only step remaining is the wish, which must be made by you-know-who."

Wait... Aoi's stepfather, Eliza, who are the other two?
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)05:44 No. 15169
>>15166
There was news stories about them, wasn't there? Or at least one of them, I'm too tired to remember right now.

[X] Agree to go with her, and see whatever it is she wants to show you.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)07:14 No. 15174
[ze] "No thank you. If you'll excuse me, I'll be busy plotting how to murder my step-sister, in the event she decides one 'wish' isn't enough."
I like this. it's pleasantly vindictive.

>"...That cat came to my front door, and mocked me with the corpse of my friend..." Clenching a fist, you tremble a little. Even if she's listening to you like this, will she do anything about it...? "She threatened me, and openly admitted that 'Ran-sama' didn't even want her to be there..."
Should have followed that up with "I chose my actions carefully. Perhaps she should have done the same."

>>15166
>Wait... Aoi's stepfather, Eliza, who are the other two?
...That's a good question.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)13:25 No. 15185
>>15166

If I recall correctly, the other two murders were discussed on the news at various points in the story. We saw one of them while sitting with Renko and Mary, and the other one while we were in the hotel.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)15:02 No. 15186
>>15174
>"I chose my actions carefully. Perhaps she should have done the same."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)18:51 No. 15191
"...Okay, I'll see what it is that you have to show me." Shrugging visibly, you half-smile as you speak. "I doubt you could do anything to me like this, anyway. You can't, can you?"

Her silent smile is the only reply, which says that it's true, but that she doesn't want to admit it. With a toss of her hair, she points off in the direction of the hallway, now floating about in the air. Her large dress swaying, she goes into the hallway and you follow after her, soon catching sight of your mother and Maribel, who are arguing over what seems to be a magic book.

"Ah... Hahahaha..." Coming to a stop, Yukari folds her arms while watching the two fight over the object. "My, my. This girl never learned respect for her elders, did she?"

"Maybe it's because of bad parenting." Smiling at your joke, you feel only a little bit guilty about saying such a thing. "No, I'm sure of it. That must be the cause."

Much to your surprise, Yukari successfully taps your head with her fan, making you feel pain when you expected nothing. All at once, the realization that she can touch you... makes this situation seem less in your favor. Swallowing hard, you ignore your mother and Maribel while following behind Yukari, who lead you out into the main entrance.

All is as it normally is, though two police officers are standing at the entryway, keeping a watch on the whole area. They don't even notice the two of you as you land, and they merely watch as servants go by, carrying odds and ends from one room to another.

...It's then that you notice it. A large portrait of Yukari, hung so that anyone entering should notice it right away. With a smug smile to match the portrait, Yukari points a hand in its direction, cackling to herself all the while.

"...This... is...?"

"This is a little test of mine!" Bringing herself up in front of the portrait, the foul woman sneers as she speaks. "It's a magic that allows random teleportation from one mansion to another. I've hidden it in the form of this portrait, which also brightens up this entire room. See, it serves a double purpose!"

Suddenly bursting into laughter, the woman holds one of her knees, admiring the large portrait of herself. With a gleam in her eyes, and a sparkle to her pointed teeth, she continues to speak in her sharp tone.

"You should try leaning against it when you're awake! Who knows, maybe you can go to the mansion of those who are dead and gone?"

"...Who are dead and gone?" Scratching your head, you raise a brow at her naming of this 'second mansion'. "That makes no sense. Are you talking about a haunted mansion, or...?"

"Precisely, exactly!" Bringing her hands together once more, she continues to act childish while addressing this... strange item. "If it weren't for your being in that form I could... No, maybe I could take you there anyway..."

Holding a hand up, she begins to tear a hole in the portrait, which has a ribbon tied at either end of the gap. With the sound of fabric being ripped apart, or maybe of skin being ripped to shreds, the hole continues to grow and widen, gaining the attention of the guards. None of them see anything out of the ordinary, though, so they maintain their seats.

Not long after this spectacle has finished, it happens again, forming a hole on the other side of the world in the gaps. Peeking through, you can see the same entrance of this mansion, only... gloomier. Cobwebs on the walls, with no lights on and debris all over the floor... This is the mansion that Yukari pushes you into, with a firm shove of the hand, and a tap on the shoulder. Flying into the place, you look all around and notice something strange as Yukari passes through the gap.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)18:55 No. 15195
Up at the top of the staircase are three girls, all with different colors. One has a red outfit, and has brown hair. The others, in a similar fashion, have alternating colors for their hair and outfits, but they all seem to be themed similarly. The red-garbed one smiles widely upon seeing you, and jumps from her spot, coming to a gentle float in front of the picture frame that both you and Yukari had entered through.

"She really does look just like Layla!" Laughing, the small girl points at you with some twisted form of joy in her eyes. "I can't believe it, you were telling the truth!"

Puffing her cheeks out, Yukari gives the small girl a scornful look while tapping her head with the fan. She then joins in on the laughter, closing the large gap behind herself.

"Of course I told the truth! I'm always honest." Cocking her head at an odd angle, her eyes shine golden as she speaks. "Then again, demons are liars! The only honest ones are ogres and screwballs, riiiight?"

The other girls come down the stairs, though only one does this properly. The blue haired one slides down the rafter, giggling madly as she goes. After reaching the other girl, they all look you over, and the blond one is the first to open her mouth.

"You really shouldn't point and laugh like that, Lyrica..." Brushing her hair to the side, she sighs. "What if she were the reincarnation of our 'dear sister'? It'd be horrible to mock her new soul, wouldn't it?"

"Don't be like that, Lunasaaa!" The blue haired girl speaks to the blond one, giving you a broad grin as she speaks. "Just look at her! She looks just like Layla did at an early age. I wouldn't be surprised if we're actually seeing Layla's ghost, would you?"

The blond one, "Lunasa", merely rolls her eyes while the other two laugh. Yukari gets behind them and pats Lyrica and the blue haired girl's shoulders, giving you a mocking grin as she speaks.

"Now, now! Behave yourselves, it took so much effort for me to convince him to come here!"

"Oh, that's a boy?" Her eyes sparkling, the blue haired one laughs as she grabs hold of a trumpet, and lets it go a few seconds later. As it starts to float in place, she continues to speak. "How cute! If he looks like that normally, then you need to let us meet him in the seen world!"

Yukari merely cackles again, and the blue haired girl joins in on her laughter. Lyrica also starts laughing, but the blond one, Lunasa, just stands there, looking uncomfortable. Letting go of the three, Yukari floats up and rips her gap open once more, revealing the passage to the Han mansion.

"Simmer down, you two! I'll let you become a part of the seen world tomorrow. Until then..." Gesturing towards the tear in the decor, she cackles once more as the girls pass through it. "That's right, until then, play to your heart's content! Fly around the halls, shatter the vases, tear the curtains, smash the windows! Scare those humans to hell and back, and then cut the power!"

Laughing madly, she follows after the "sisters". You also pass through the gap and witness the red and blue haired one smashing the furniture, all while Yukari cheers them on, and while Lunasa urges them to stop.

"Lyrica! Merlin! This isn't your home, you should stop that! If you really need to act on impulse so much, there's plenty of empty homes in Mayohiga, so you could--"

"Yukari said that it's fine!" Twirling a vase and smashing it in front of a startled maid, Lyrica giggles cheerily. "Come on, you can play too! Maybe we should use the chandeliers as swings, or throw their food all around the dining hall?"

As she picks up another vase to smash, you speed off into her direction. Just as it's about to hit the ground, you jump in front of it to find that you can't even touch it. This causes Lyrica to laugh obnoxiously, but also gives the one you assume to be the eldest a chance to grab her by the collar.

"I'm sorry about this..." Rubbing her forehead, she apologizes sorrowfully as you get back up. "My sisters never learned manners, or rather, they were never meant to learn them..."

All at once, her eyes light up as she sees "Merlin" taking on the idea of using the chandeliers as swings. Keeping a firm hold on the pouting Lyrica's collar, she starts to yell at her sister, then suddenly turning to face you.

"I'm sorry, sorry..." Looking at the wreckage, she shudders. "This isn't your mansion, is it? Did Yukari invite us to destroy your home, or...?"

[ ] "...Yes, yes! This is my mansion, so please get them out of here!"
[ ] Face Yukari. "You let them in here to mess with me like that...? How could you?"
[ ] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them out of here..."
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)19:12 No. 15198
[X] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them out of here..."

ヽ( >∀<)ノ
This is my "Ex Nine just updated" face. I love this story so much.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)19:36 No. 15203
>"That's right, until then, play to your heart's content! Fly around the halls, shatter the vases, tear the curtains, smash the windows! Scare those humans to hell and back, and then cut the power!"

...Christ.
What an asshole.
And I thought Haruhi was bad.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)21:47 No. 15205
[x] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them out of here..."

How mean.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)23:03 No. 15210
Gee Lunasa, your sister sure do know how to make a shitty first impression.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)23:10 No. 15211
[~] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them ou--"
[d] "--Wait, what was that about being your sister? ...Do I really look like her? No, tell me later. Right now these idiots --present company excepted, Lunasa-- need to be dealt with."
[a] Turn to Yukari.
[☆] "My family doesn't deserve this. Or rather, my mother and the staff here don't. Will you tell them to stop?"
--If Yukari refuses:
[z] "...Is this getting back at me for earlier? All right, I'm sorry. But if it's about scaring the bejesus out of Maribel, then I'll do it myself. I'm their 'dear sister,' right? I know better than any of them what scares her."
--If Yukari still refuses:
[e] "Well, I tried. I guess it's up to this 'dear sister' to go knock some sense into her 'siblings.' ...I don't suppose you'd care to give me a hand, Lunasa? You probably know them best."
[!] Try calling Nyom to you. It's go time, and you're going to need all the backup you can get.

>>15191
>"Maybe it's because of bad parenting."
Nice.

>None of them see anything out of the ordinary, though, so they maintain their seats.
"Note to self: Guards are not being paid enough."

>>15195
>the seen world
...Interesting name for it, and strange enough that it's worth pondering the implications of, later.

>>15203
Yeah. Hell, even if Haruhi fully realized her own power, she wouldn't be this much of a dick.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)23:16 No. 15212
[x] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them ou--"
[x] "--Wait, what was that about being your sister? ...Do I really look like her? No, tell me later. Right now these idiots --present company excepted, Lunasa-- need to be dealt with."
[x] Turn to Yukari.
[x] "My family doesn't deserve this. Or rather, my mother and the staff here don't. Will you tell them to stop?"
--If Yukari refuses:
[x] "...Is this getting back at me for earlier? All right, I'm sorry. But if it's about scaring the bejesus out of Maribel, then I'll do it myself. I'm their 'dear sister,' right? I know better than any of them what scares her."
--If Yukari still refuses:
[x] "Well, I tried. I guess it's up to this 'dear sister' to go knock some sense into her 'siblings.' ...I don't suppose you'd care to give me a hand, Lunasa? You probably know them best."
[x] Try calling Nyom to you. It's go time, and you're going to need all the backup you can get.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)23:18 No. 15213
[x] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them ou--"
[x] "--Wait, what was that about being your sister? ...Do I really look like her? No, tell me later. Right now these idiots --present company excepted, Lunasa-- need to be dealt with."
[x] Turn to Yukari.
[x] "My family doesn't deserve this. Or rather, my mother and the staff here don't. Will you tell them to stop?"
--If Yukari refuses:
[x] "...Is this getting back at me for earlier? All right, I'm sorry. But if it's about scaring the bejesus out of Maribel, then I'll do it myself. I'm their 'dear sister,' right? I know better than any of them what scares her."
--If Yukari still refuses:
[x] "Well, I tried. I guess it's up to this 'dear sister' to go knock some sense into her 'siblings.' ...I don't suppose you'd care to give me a hand, Lunasa? You probably know them best."
[x] Try calling Nyom to you. It's go time, and you're going to need all the backup you can get.
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)23:19 No. 15214
[x] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them ou--"
[x] "--Wait, what was that about being your sister? ...Do I really look like her? No, tell me later. Right now these idiots --present company excepted, Lunasa-- need to be dealt with."
[x] Turn to Yukari.
[x] "My family doesn't deserve this. Or rather, my mother and the staff here don't. Will you tell them to stop?"
--If Yukari refuses:
[x] "...Is this getting back at me for earlier? All right, I'm sorry. But if it's about scaring the bejesus out of Maribel, then I'll do it myself. I'm their 'dear sister,' right? I know better than any of them what scares her."
--If Yukari still refuses:
[x] "Well, I tried. I guess it's up to this 'dear sister' to go knock some sense into her 'siblings.' ...I don't suppose you'd care to give me a hand, Lunasa? You probably know them best."
[x] Try calling Nyom to you. It's go time, and you're going to need all the backup you can get.

Changing vote
>> 2009/04/09(Thu)23:42 No. 15215
[X] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them ou--"
[X] "--Wait, what was that about being your sister? ...Do I really look like her? No, tell me later. Right now these idiots --present company excepted, Lunasa-- need to be dealt with."
[X] Turn to Yukari.
[X] "My family doesn't deserve this. Or rather, my mother and the staff here don't. Will you tell them to stop?"
--If Yukari refuses:
[X] "...Is this getting back at me for earlier? All right, I'm sorry. But if it's about scaring the bejesus out of Maribel, then I'll do it myself. I'm their 'dear sister,' right? I know better than any of them what scares her."
--If Yukari still refuses:
[X] "Well, I tried. I guess it's up to this 'dear sister' to go knock some sense into her 'siblings.' ...I don't suppose you'd care to give me a hand, Lunasa? You probably know them best."
[X] Try calling Nyom to you. It's go time, and you're going to need all the backup you can get.
>> 2009/04/10(Fri)06:14 No. 15222
[X] "No, it isn't mine... It is my family's, though, so please get them ou--"
[X] "--Wait, what was that about being your sister? ...Do I really look like her? No, tell me later. Right now these idiots --present company excepted, Lunasa-- need to be dealt with."
[X] Turn to Yukari.
[X] "My family doesn't deserve this. Or rather, my mother and the staff here don't. Will you tell them to stop?"
--If Yukari refuses:
[X] "...Is this getting back at me for earlier? All right, I'm sorry. But if it's about scaring the bejesus out of Maribel, then I'll do it myself. I'm their 'dear sister,' right? I know better than any of them what scares her."
--If Yukari still refuses:
[X] "Well, I tried. I guess it's up to this 'dear sister' to go knock some sense into her 'siblings.' ...I don't suppose you'd care to give me a hand, Lunasa? You probably know them best."
[X] Try calling Nyom to you. It's go time, and you're going to need all the backup you can get.

Yeah, I can get behind this.
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)02:33 No. 15247
In before we're framed.
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)04:44 No. 15257
"No, this mansion isn't mine... It's my family's though, so please get them ou--"

Just then, a thought enters your mind. Did they really say that you look like... their "sister"? Finding this odd, it's almost impossible for you to resist asking the girl about it.

"...Wait, what was that about being your sister...?"

"Oh... Oh!" Suddenly putting her hands up, Lunasa shakes her head nervously. "No, I was just saying that to make her quit laughing at you..."

Putting a hand up to your chin, you watch her to make sure that she isn't lying... Surely enough, she shows no signs of having told a lie. Taking a deep breath, you exhale and sigh in relief. The last thing you needed was someone thinking that you were their sister.

"So, do I really look like her?" Just as you pick up the edges of your skirt for a quick twirl, the chandelier above makes a racket, showing signs of falling. "...No, tell me later. Right now, these jerks, you excepted, need to be dealt with."

Nodding her head just a bit, she hands you Lyrica to keep a hold on before flying up to her sister. After making sure you have a tight hold on the girl, you turn your attention to the portrait, and then start speaking while keeping your eyes on the chadelier.

"Yukari, my family doesn't deserve thi--"

...Just as you were turning to meet her gaze, you noticed a distinct lack of insane blond women. Turning your vision to every corner of the room, you notice that she has vanished, and that the gap over the portrait has, too, vanished. Looking back up, you can see Lunasa coming back down with her sister's sleeve in one hand. As she sets her down, you see the guards, who apparently were trying to catch flying furniture, start to run.

...With a loud and sharp noise, the chandelier above comes crashing down, sending shards of glass and crystal flying in every direction. Jumping back, a few of the shards fly through you, giving you an awful sensation which is almost impossible to describe with mere words...

"Ah... What the hell was that?" Walking back over to his post, the policeman scratches his head while talking to his partner. "Is this whole damn place just falling apart all of a sudden?"

"It's ghosts! There's no other explanation!" Also returning to his post, the second guard carefully avoids the fragments of the chadelier as he walks.

While the two stand there and babble about ghosts and poltergeists, Lunasa takes Lyrica from you and beckons for you to follow her. Finding nothing better to do, you follow after her, making your way into an empty lounge, which has been furnished with a coffee table, a television, a few cabinets, and a few other minor pieces of furniture.

"I'm really, really sorry about that." Sitting down with her sisters on the couch, she gives them both a gentle tap to the head, making them bow and apologize in a similar fashion.

It's then that you're reminded, once again, of the suspicious things they had said... About you being the reincarnation of their sister, and about looking just like her. Though the first one was said to be a joke, the second one is... apparently true. Finding this odd, you bring the subject up once more, curious to know more about this sister of theirs.

"Earlier, it was said that I look like your sister, right?" Also taking a seat, you almost fall through from the lack of substance. "What kind of person was she? Do we act alike, too?"

"No, no." Shaking her head, Lunasa sends her locks of golden hair flying about. "You two behave very differently... My-- er, our sister-- was a very eccentric person. Ever since we were created, she had been studying something so that she could 'learn magic', and 'become a pretty witch'. The way she went about doing this, though, is what made her eccentric."

Being taken aback, you cling on to one part of that statement, feeling the need to ask her about it. While rubbing your head, you think the thing over before letting it escape from your lips.

"What do you mean by... 'Ever since we were created'?"

"...Oh!" Holding a hand to her lips, Lunasa blushes, as if she had said something rude or out of place. "You see, we aren't actually her sisters. We're three poltergeists given the task of serving her and behaving just like her sisters would behave..."

"...Is that so?"

Focusing on this news, you bob your head slightly. Merlin and Lyrica shift around uncomfortably on the couch as you sit there, and Lunasa herself looks a bit uncomfortable in her own respect. Raising a brow, you wonder just what might be their problem.

[ ] "...What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."
[ ] "...Well, that's not important. I want to know more about this sister of yours."
[ ] "Poltergeists? You mean, you're three ghosts made to serve a crazy little girl?"
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)04:47 No. 15258
We and Mary need to have a chat. A very you-don't-like-me-I-don't-like-you, but-lets-get-over-ourselves-before-one-of-us-ends-up-dead kind of chat. Lay it all on the table: That her 'Mother' is disgusted that she thinks of her as her child, and has some kind of bizarre, and unwanted, fascination with you because you look like one of her dead friends. That Ren has lost complete faith in her. That we know it's the result of her incantations that Eliza and your step-father were murdered, along with the other two people on the news. The damage is already done--you're not seeking retribution, but understanding. Why Eliza? Why her father? Why not Aoi, or Ren, or her step-mother? What is it this wish she wants so badly?

These are things Yukari would never tell us straight, but Mary might if she thought it would get us out of her way.
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)04:58 No. 15261
>Focusing on this news, you bob your head slightly. Merlin and Lyrica shift around uncomfortably on the couch as you sit there, and Lunasa herself looks a bit uncomfortable in her own respect. Raising a brow, you wonder just what might be their problem.

[x] "Don't look so down! Hey, you got something on me: At least you weren't an accident!"
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)06:12 No. 15267
I don't know where you're getting this from, but it was never even implied that Aoi was an "accident".
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)07:05 No. 15270
[ ] "...What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."
[ ] Grab a broom and start generally tidying up.
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)07:58 No. 15272
[d] "What was your sister's name, again?"
[a] "If she was able to --create, you said?-- create poltergeists, and bind you to service... She must have been skilled in necromancy to do that, or at least some sort of spirit magic, then, right?"
[z] This is worth thinking about. You called up Nyom, didn't you? And you apparently look like her. Sure, maybe it's coincidence. But after the last few days, it's stupid to dismiss anything on such grounds alone.
[e] "...What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)08:04 No. 15273
>>15258
Also seconding this. For some reason I imagine it going down like the Casino Royale interrogation.
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)10:05 No. 15275
>>15267

It's a joke?
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)17:49 No. 15285
[x] "What was your sister's name, again?"
[x] "If she was able to --create, you said?-- create poltergeists, and bind you to service... She must have been skilled in necromancy to do that, or at least some sort of spirit magic, then, right?"
[x] This is worth thinking about. You called up Nyom, didn't you? And you apparently look like her. Sure, maybe it's coincidence. But after the last few days, it's stupid to dismiss anything on such grounds alone.
[x] "...What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)18:01 No. 15286
[x] "What was your sister's name, again?"
[x] "If she was able to --create, you said?-- create poltergeists, and bind you to service... She must have been skilled in necromancy to do that, or at least some sort of spirit magic, then, right?"
[x] This is worth thinking about. You called up Nyom, didn't you? And you apparently look like her. Sure, maybe it's coincidence. But after the last few days, it's stupid to dismiss anything on such grounds alone.
[x] "...What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)18:15 No. 15287
[x] "What was your sister's name, again?"
[x] "If she was able to --create, you said?-- create poltergeists, and bind you to service... She must have been skilled in necromancy to do that, or at least some sort of spirit magic, then, right?"
[x] This is worth thinking about. You called up Nyom, didn't you? And you apparently look like her. Sure, maybe it's coincidence. But after the last few days, it's stupid to dismiss anything on such grounds alone.
[x] "...What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."
>> 2009/04/11(Sat)20:27 No. 15290
[x] "What was your sister's name, again?"
[x] "If she was able to --create, you said?-- create poltergeists, and bind you to service... She must have been skilled in necromancy to do that, or at least some sort of spirit magic, then, right?"
[x] This is worth thinking about. You called up Nyom, didn't you? And you apparently look like her. Sure, maybe it's coincidence. But after the last few days, it's stupid to dismiss anything on such grounds alone.
[x] "...What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."
>> 2009/04/12(Sun)02:18 No. 15296
Updates?
>> 2009/04/12(Sun)22:07 No. 15310
>>15296

I've been kind of busy, but I'll update later on tonight. Be expecting it.
>> 2009/04/12(Sun)22:36 No. 15311
>>15310

Hooray!
>> 2009/04/13(Mon)13:24 No. 15321
"...What was your sister's name, again?"

As you ask this question, the three girls seem a bit lost in themselves, and it takes a minute for just Lunasa to recognize your question. Speaking softly, she looks to the ground as she speaks, her voice showing a bit of regret in its tone.

"Her name was... Layla." Swallowing hard, she exhales and closes her eyes. Keeping her eyes shut, she continues to speak, with no hint of life in her voice. "Layla Prismriver. She was just a normal little human girl, who wanted to become a witch."

"Why a witch?" Scratching your head, you look up to the ceiling as you speak. "Was there any reason for her wanting to be such a thing, or was it just a young girl's innocent fantasy?"

For a minute, there's nothing but silence. Lunasa merely shifts around uncomfortably in her place, a tiny frown forming from her lips. Her sister, Lyrica, isn't as sad in appearance, but she's still just as uncomfortable in how she squirms in her seat. Even the strange sister, Merlin, seems bothered by something, as she doesn't even look at any one of you three. After a few more seconds of silence, Lunasa speaks up, swallowing hard as she does so.

"Her whole family was... dead, before we were ever created. I think her reason for wanting to be a witch was so she could revive her whole family, and be able to live with them the way she always had before..."

...She was trying to bring people back from the dead? Shaking your head in disbelief, you decide to drop that creepy subject before it gets out of hand, instead replacing it with something focused a bit more on the three sisters.

"If she was able to... create, was it? If she was able to create poltergeists, and bind you into her service..." Shrugging your shoulders back, you think about how to say this without being too blunt. "...She must have been skilled in necromancy to do that, or at least some kind of spirit-related magic... right?"

"Like I said, she wanted to be a witch." Smiling a little on the subject, Lunasa and her sisters start to perk up. "Despite better intentions, a witch is a witch, and witches use black magic. I don't know what you'd call it, but what she wanted to perform relied entirely on the resurrection of lost souls."

...This can't do anything but make you think. Layla Prismriver, a young girl, summoned three poltergeists to impersonate her sisters... You, on the other hand, summoned a small ghost that you named Nyom. To top it off, you apparently even look like this girl, as confirmed by the poltergeists which served her.

It might just be a coincidence, but over these past few days... With all the things you've seen these past few days, it'd be stupid to dismiss something for just being a coincidence. Something must be going on here, something that isn't immediately obvious.

Returning your attention to the sisters, you can see that they're all a little happier than they were before. It's a bit infectious, as you find yourself smiling in spite of this situation. If a girl named Layla had sisters that got along like these three... Then, maybe, she wasn't such a bad person after all?

"What was wrong with you three, earlier?" Cocking your head to the side, you grin. "You looked like you saw a ghost."

"Oh, that?" Now speaking up, Lyrica talks in an excited tone which shows her youthful ambition. "It's just that you look like Layla, you sound like Layla, and the way you talk even makes me think of Layla! That's something, isn't it? Huh?"

Laughing innocently, she gets her forehead flicked lightly by Lunasa. After a few more seconds, you stand up to leave the room, and the sisters follow you. After getting into the hallway...

...The entire happy scene shatters, and you wish that you would've remained ignorant inside the small room. Laying on the floor, spread out in a way that shows a brutal and untimely end... There are... the corpses of maids, and of butlers, just thrown off to every side.

"What... What is this?" Even Merlin, the oddball, looks repulsed by this scene, her eyes going wide in terror as she watches. "...There's no way, there's no way that Yukari did..."

"..." Merely watching in a silent horror, Lunasa turns her attention down the hallway, where a ruckus can be heard. "Come on, we need to see who's responsible for this!"

Nodding in agreement, you feel nauseous as you follow after the three girls, who go flying down the hall to where a loud racket can be heard. Standing there, with a few cuts on his uniform, is one of the younger butlers, and opposing him is...

The demon, Yukari Yakumo. With a wild expression of glee on her face, she stops her barrage of strikes against the young man to pay attention to the sisters, her insane, twisted visage never ceasing to exist.

"Oh, what's this?" Folding her arms, she laughs bitterly. "I thought I could get this whole mess cleaned up and taken care of before you would be finished... What a shame."

"Yukari, what is this?" The most responsible, Lunasa, speaks up, her eyes showing an extreme scorn which hadn't been on her face near Yukari before. "Why are you going around, killing this mansion's staff? It isn't like you to...!"

Cocking her head at a weird angle, the demon merely chuckles for a moment, though the butler she had been assaulting never lets his guard down for a minute. Pointing at all the corpses, she laughs bitterly before making her declaration.

"Why does it even matter, if I'm just killing the faceless background, which has no important role in the lives of my targets?" Sneering, she sticks her tongue out at the sister, blowing a small gale to send the four of you backwards. "Now if you excuse me, I have another one to take the facelessness of!"

...What she said about having no faces... Having no faces... All the staff, on the floor, piled on each other, covered in blood and bits of their innards, looking like some scene from a cult movie...

They... have no faces. She's right, and they have no faces. Instead of faces, they just have bare skin, beaten and bruised, bleeding and red... Pulpy, bright, falling onto the floor, it's...

"Ah... A-aah..." Feeling as if you were going to vomit, you realize that you can't even do so in this form. Your eyes tremble as you watch in terror, holding a hand to your stomach, feeling the cold realization of just what she's doing to these people. "...Is this, also... for a 'perfect magic'?"

Taking another swing at the butler, Yukari grunts while you notice something strange. This butler is... making a shield? No, that's not quite it. He's... making something which resembles a magic circle appear, and using it to block Yukari's attacks. The red-headed maid from before comes flying up behind him, and blocks a blow which came from one of the small blond girls serving Yukari.

Turning your head, you can see that there are, in fact, all twenty-two of those girls in this hallway, with expressions that match up with Yukari's. Trembling, you can only watch as the red-headed maid, Koto, sends them all flying back, now pointing a finger accusingly up at Yukari.

"On behalf of all of Gensokyo, I request that you leave this place at once, Yukari Yakumo!" Ignoring the demon's sharp laughter, the maid continues, throwing off her headdress. "As Gensokyo's police officer of strange goings-on, I demand that you return to where you came, and leave this people alone!"

"Heh..." Baring her teeth, she motions her eyes to one of the girls, who has the wheel behind her back. "Who are you to say such a thing? To one who created that which is unseen, and yet you're merely a member of the world which is seen, dabbling in the magic of the other world? Pathetic!"

All at once, the girl takes her wheel and throws it at the maid's back, laughing as she does so. Your sense snap back into place as she does this, making you feel an urgency to at least say something, to say some kind of warning, or...

[ ] "Look out!"
[ ] Try and get in the way... With this temporary form, if it's even possible, it should be some help.
[ ] Push one of the sisters towards the action. They'll be able to handle it, for sure.
>> 2009/04/13(Mon)14:39 No. 15324
[x] Try and get in the way... With this temporary form, if it's even possible, it should be some help.
>> 2009/04/13(Mon)15:00 No. 15325
Oh, my bad. "Bare skin" should be "Bare flesh".
>> 2009/04/13(Mon)15:11 No. 15327
[x] Try and get in the way... With this temporary form, if it's even possible, it should be some help.
>> 2009/04/13(Mon)16:33 No. 15328
>"As Gensokyo's police officer of strange goings-on, I demand that you return to where you came, and leave this people alone!"

[x] Try and get in the way... With this temporary form, if it's even possible, it should be some help.
>> 2009/04/13(Mon)18:36 No. 15336
[x] Try and get in the way... With this temporary form, if it's even possible, it should be some help.
>> 2009/04/13(Mon)22:19 No. 15340
[x] Try and get in the way... With this temporary form, if it's even possible, it should be some help.
>> 2009/04/14(Tue)07:46 No. 15344
[ze] Try and get in the way... With this temporary form, if it's even possible, it should be some help.

WHAT
YUKARI LIED TO US
I AM SHOCKED
SHOCKED, I SAY
>> 2009/04/14(Tue)13:05 No. 15347
If Lunasa says that this isn't like her, maybe it isn't? This seems more like the kind of thing Mary would do, if she could.
>> 2009/04/15(Wed)04:36 No. 15363
Or... to...

Springing towards the scene, you attract the girl's attention, making her notice the large circular blade which is aimed at her back. With one step, you're five feet away. With another, you're three feet away, and then, standing in the way of the blade...

To your surprise, a light comes out of your left hand, in the same shape as that strange pin, and a large red circle appears before you. With the sound of steel grinding on steel, the wheel comes to a stop and breaks into dust. The red circle also fades into nothing, all while the demon claps behind you, laughing in the process.

"Aha! I see, I see." As you turn about, you can see a twisted grin cover her face. Her eyes wide, she cackles once more before continuing. "So, Layla's magic has been laying dormant all this time...? What a rude girl, not even telling me that she learned to do such a thing!"

With one finger, she motions for the girl to go to her, which she does. A new wheel has formed behind her back, which faces you as she clings to Yukari's dress. All at once, the electric lights of the hall go out, and the three ghastly sisters look around in wonder as small wisps light the hall in a purple glow.

"It seems that Ran and Chen have already finished their job." Pulling her fan out, the blond woman begins to fan the small girl, with just a faint smile on her lips. "So, what were you saying, Kotohime? Something about putting me under arrest, or...?"

The butler, not as shaken from the close encounter as everyone else, has turned around to keep an eye on the other girls. As each one of them picks up a corpse, Koto can only swallow hard, maintaining a glare which is aimed at Yukari.

"It looks like you should just retreat, riiight?" Cocking her head at an angle once more, Yukari laughs as she moves her finger through the air, forming a red line of smoke. "The staff is dead, the owners are gone, and no other human souls are left in this place. This mansion is now my doll house, you see!"

Moving cautiously, the girl starts to approach Yukari, before running off entirely. The butler chases after her, his coat tails flapping about as he runs. Half-horrified and half-angry, you can't help but speak against the demon as she floats in her place, looking as smug as ever.

"Yukari...!" However, a certain blond phantom has beaten you to the punch. "Why are you doing this? You never acted this way towards us, or Layla, so why...?"

"That's because the three of you are ghosts, and Layla was my pupil!" Sneering slightly, she chuckles while now fanning herself. As the twenty-two girls carry the bodies off, she continues to speak. "It isn't fun to meddle in the affairs of strange humans, however... Messing around with easily shaken humans is even more delicious than a five hundred year old wine!"

"What...?" Her eyes shaking, Lunasa can only shake her head after hearing these words. "So, that means..."

Puffing her chest out, Yukari laughs once more, apparently amused by Lunasa's act of humanity. As she lets go of her fan, a hand climbs out of a strange hole she created, grabbing it before fanning Yukari.

"Ahaha, maybe I was wrong! The way you act is human enough to be satisfying for me... Anyway, I suppose that your sisters are the same way. Lyrica, Merlin, isn't it fun to scare normal humans?" She laughs once more as the girls shyly shake their heads, ashamed to be agreeing with her. "That's just it! The pleasure from frightening normal human beings, and driving them into despair...!"

Moving quickly, Yukari dodges a hand which was flying towards her face. To be specific, it was the hand of a teary-eyed phantom, who isn't acting at all like a noisy spirit should. As she laughs lowly, the girl speaks up, letting her feelings be known.

"So, if Layla hadn't already been scared so much, you would've done the same to her? Is that it?"

"...No." Looking embarrassed, Yukari motions towards the hand, which folds her fan before receding into nothing. "...Layla was... different, somehow. She already had the air of something not so human around her, and yet she was just a human, all the same."

As the quieted demon and the trembling ghost float in their places, you notice a light shining into the hallway from a nearby window... That's right, you need to wake up, and get to school... Or, is it being the morning already just a dream...? As you wonder if this is all a dream, you also wonder what you may do if it isn't...

[ ] Try to wake up, and insist that it is a dream.
[ ] Accept that this is real, and wake up.
[ ] Remain "asleep", and ask the four present about Layla's true nature.
>> 2009/04/15(Wed)06:23 No. 15368
[x] Remain "asleep", and ask the four present about Layla's true nature.

Get all the info we can.
>> 2009/04/15(Wed)09:10 No. 15369
[ze] Remain "asleep", and ask the four present about Layla's true nature.

Before you know it, we'll be playing the flute to pass the time while we walk around in our dreams.
>> 2009/04/15(Wed)09:12 No. 15370
>>15369
Note that this vote is made with the assumption that we still accept it is "real"; we simply know that ours is the "visible world" and theirs is... not.
>> 2009/04/15(Wed)13:09 No. 15372
[x] Remain "asleep", and ask the four present about Layla's true nature.
>> 2009/04/15(Wed)21:47 No. 15375
[X] Remain "asleep", and ask the four present about Layla's true nature.
>> 2009/04/18(Sat)03:17 No. 15408
Updates?
>> 2009/04/18(Sat)03:56 No. 15409
[X] Remain "asleep", and ask the four present about Layla's true nature.
>> 2009/04/18(Sat)04:36 No. 15412
>>15408

I finally installed Utawarerumono, so it'll be a little while. But I promise that I'll update today.
>> 2009/04/18(Sat)23:13 No. 15422
>>15412

hooray
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)03:36 No. 15427
...No, this is definitely real. There's no way these sorts of things would go on in your head with your imagination alone. Ignoring the increasing light coming in through the windows, you turn your attention to those four, giving them a serious look as you speak.

"...This 'Layla'." Swallowing hard, you continue. "Just what is her... 'true nature'?"

Instead of any one of them speaking up, they all remain silent. Even Yukari isn't suddenly having some outburst of thought, and the scene starts to become awkward with the four of them just giving you their disturbing looks. A minute passes by this way, and you can feel nothing short of relief as Yukari speaks up, breaking the silence with just a few words.

"Layla was... strange." Interlacing her fingers, she turns her eyes up in thought. "Unlike most human children, she had learned some magic before I met her... Enough to conjure up these three, that is."

Lunasa nods, confirming this statement to be true. This would mean that Layla, like Maribel, had taken steps into the occult at a somewhat young age... Or, you're assuming that Maribel had looked into black magic at a young age. She's only more recently made it apparent that she was interested in these things.

"She was a good girl, though!" Speaking as if the last statement was insulting her "sister", Lunasa frowns. "From everything I saw, she tried her hardest to become a great magician, and Yukari even taught her spells along the way!"

"Ah..." Looking a bit taken back, Yukari rolls her eyes off into another direction as she speaks. "I suppose that I did teach her some things. She learned most of what she knew on her own, though..."

Remaining determined to hear the truth, you take a deep breath before speaking. As you speak, the four around you seem to be getting less as tongue tied.

"So, you're saying that her true nature was 'good'?"

"...Yes, I guess that we're saying just that." Shrugging her shoulders, Yukari seems to feign a smile. "She was strange, but she had good intentions..."

Feeling satisfied with that question, you start to think of what you might ask the four of them next, though what you come up with is directed more at Yukari than the three "sisters".

"Earlier, you said something about Layla's magic." Keeping a straight face, you keep your words quick and precise. "Just what did you mean by that? Were you saying that I have Layla's 'magic', somehow?"

The four remain deathly still, only moving their eyes for what seems like an eternity. It's become more and more obvious that they hate talking about the past, and that it takes a while to get anything useful out of them concerning the past. Accepting this, you remain still as well, waiting for one of them to speak. After a few more seconds of eternity pass by, Yukari speaks up once more, her words careful and precise.

"I... was saying that. I thought it was strange for it to still be around." Casting her gaze to the side, she keeps herself from speaking for a moment. "As for why you'd have that... I'll simply say that Layla had an instrument which she considered to be very special."

Once again becoming animated, Yukari yawns, and the sisters start to move again. With a wave of her hand, she shoos you away while covering her mouth.

"I'm getting tired now, so I'm not going to answer anything else. If there's anything else you want, just get it out of these three."

With that, she vanishes into one of those strange tears in space once again, leaving you alone with the three sisters. Lunasa has already started to tell them to calm down, and you can't help but feel a pull back towards something, as if you were starting to wake up.

[ ] It's fine to wake up, you should get ready for school anyway.
[ ] Try and hang on to this state, and search for Yukari.
[ ] Ask the three of them a question. (Write in)
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)04:29 No. 15431
[ ] It's fine to wake up, you should get ready for school anyway.
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)05:30 No. 15432
[x] Ask the three of them a question.
-[x] "I do have the instrument Yukari was talking about. As it was the property of your deceased sister, I'd expect you want it back?"
-[x] "Any idea what has caused Yukari's personality to change so dramatically?"
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)07:04 No. 15434
[x] It's fine to wake up, you should get ready for school anyway.
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)11:32 No. 15436
[x] It's fine to wake up, you should get ready for school anyway.
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)12:42 No. 15437
Don't worry about the dead people; they were just extras.
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)12:47 No. 15438
[X] It's fine to wake up, you should get ready for school anyway.
>> 2009/04/19(Sun)21:00 No. 15441
Will you ever remake Life with Mystia, My Daughter?

I enjoyed it when you wrote it.
>> 2009/04/20(Mon)00:30 No. 15442
>>15441

Maybe in the summer, but I'd appreciate it if everyone following this votes on it until then. I'm kind of wondering what happened to the boom of voters a thread or so ago.
>> 2009/04/20(Mon)03:07 No. 15443
[+] It's fine to wake up, you should get ready for school anyway.
>> 2009/04/20(Mon)10:50 No. 15444
[X] It's fine to wake up, you should get ready for school anyway.
>> 2009/04/21(Tue)03:27 No. 15461
...Even if she tells you that, this urge to wake up is far too strong. This feeling is... like wanting to fall asleep, only somehow reversed. As the sensation creeps over you, you can feel yourself slowly leaving this form, though the slightest thing holds you back...

The form which you are loosely connected to reforms, and becomes the image of that ghastly woman you had seen before. However, her entire body is clearer this time around. Looking at her now... She appears to be in her twenties, and her long hair is quickly tied into one ponytail behind her head. The rest of her hair falls past her shoulders, swaying against her dress.

"..." Somehow, she looks at you, and smiles for a split second. With an amazing speed, she takes off through the halls of the place, dragging you along behind her.

Soon enough, you find yourself in the basement once again, still following this woman around, despite not wanting to...

Sitting in a chair is Ran, who has already put on her school uniform. Next to her is Chen, who is looking through some demonic picture book in a frighteningly cute and innocent way. Behind her is that same maid, Eliza, who has caused so much confusion on your part.

"..." Her eyes meet with yours, and then with the woman's, and suddenly... A smile forms on her face. As Chen and Ran's movements slow down to a near stop, she starts to speak. "...So, you're going to make a full recovery?"

"Yes, of course." The woman's voice is high in its tone, and her gestures are extremely foreign from the gestures you normally see people using. "After all, that's what a perfect magic is for, isn't it? Using it on silly wishes may be what Yukari likes to do, but her means of harvesting that same energy are far too savage..."

Giggling, Eliza holds a finger up to her cheek. Chen and Ran are now completely frozen, and even the dust in the air has come to a stop. It makes you curious, seeing something of this scale happening in front of their eyes, with them acting like it's no big thing.

"That's true..." Looking slightly unsure of herself, Eliza points one finger back to you, her expression showing anticipation. "Why did you have him follow you, this time?"

"Hmm... I guess I couldn't help it. It's fine though, isn't it?" Laughing benevolently, this woman crosses her legs and gives you a glance as she continues. "After all, I couldn't have my own perfect magic without him. It's such a strange thing, the human heart..."

Her eyes pointing down to the floor, Eliza only appears to be nervous as the woman extends a hand towards you, and pulls you down from your place in the air. A sharp feeling pricks at your sides, before you realize that you're also free to move in this timeless place.

"...So, master Aoi..." Her eyes gleaming, Eliza speaks up once more. "...I hate to ask you at a time like this, but could you make me a promise?"

Moving your lips, you try to speak, but no sound comes out. The two of them merely get a laugh out of this, chuckling lightly as if they were two high-class women sipping tea and telling jokes. You can only puff out your cheeks and nod, waiting to hear the rest of what Eliza has to say.

"...If someone tries to... 'break' me..." She clicks her heels together, shifting about nervously, like a schoolgirl making a confession. "...Will you promise not to stop them?"

...It's a strange thing to ask somebody to do, but you have no reason to say no, like this. It might be that you want to wake up, or that you want to just hear more of what they have to say, but you merely nod as an answer. This sends Eliza into a sudden outburst of glee, clapping her hands as she beams in your direction.

"That's a really big help, thank you, master Aoi." Turning her attention back to the woman, she looks a bit nervous as she mulls over words. "...You must be tired... You should stop this, and return to being dormant for now..."

The woman nods, and flashes you a kind smile as you suddenly fade back into the waking world. The last thing you see as you vanish is Eliza and the woman waving, as Chen and Ran start to move once again...

-----

And that's the end of the chapter. I'll make a new thread soon enough.