[Return]
Archived thread

File 123587197365.jpg - (22.02KB , 251x219 , komachi.jpg ) [iqdb]
14410 No. 14410
Testing Server Connection.
Connection Resolved.
Loading Scenario: Day 3, Morning

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!
I won't do it anymore. I'll seriously work, so~!

>> No. 14412
>Kaleidoscope Midnight: V

: V
>> No. 14413
>>14410

Machi~machi~
>> No. 14415
Loading User Commands:
[X] Hold your breath and hide yourself completely under the water.

---

Youmu hears a single pair of footsteps nearing the bath area. The half-ghost stays completely still as she listens to the sounds of the person washing up. Finally, she hears a soft splash as the person enters the bath water.

"..."

Thirty seconds pass. The half-ghost opens her eyes under the water. She can see the vague outline of someone sitting comfortably at the other side of the bath. From this distance, she can't tell if it's a man or a woman.

"...?"

One minute passes. The person on the other side seems to be walking toward the taps on the left. It doesn't look like the person noticed Youmu's presence. After adjusting the taps, the person lies nearby and relaxes.

"...!"

Two minutes pass. For some reason, the water seems to be getting warmer. Did that person adjust the temperature? The half-ghost quickly looks for another avenue of escape.

There isn't any way out. As the water becomes intolerably hot, Youmu begins to panic. She quickly raises her head above the water to breathe, but it's too late. The half-ghost can feel herself feeling weaker and weaker.

"Spash!"

"Eh? Who's there?" cries a distant voice.

Someone seems to be making their way to the back of the bath, but she can't even keep her eyes open. Her vision starts to blur, and soon Youmu loses consciousness.

...

"W-where are we going?" cries Youmu.

"..."

The master looks over his daughter carefully. Master Youki Konpaku is tall and lean, not unlike the farmers who toil daily in the rice fields. He is dressed in the traditional colors of the Konpaku school of swordsmanship, green and white. His long grey hair is tied back neatly. The elder half-ghost strokes his beard thoughtfully before he speaks.

"You have grown," says Youki. "Your swordsmanship has improved greatly."

"Ah! T-thank you very much, master!" stammers Youmu. She can't help but smile when she hears those words.

"However, I wonder if your mind and heart have grown since I left," says the sword master.

"E-eh? What do you mean?" the younger half-ghost asks.

"..."

Master Youki says nothing as he leads his apprentice daughter deeper into the woods. Soon, the path disappears from sight, and they find themselves walking through the thick foliage. After several minutes, they finally stop in a small clearing.

"M-Master?" mutters Youmu, uncertain of their purpose here.

"It is time to test your will," says Youki, his voice calm and powerful. "See that lone grave on the hill? I want you to pour this sake on the tombstone as an offering."

The master hands her a bottle of sake. She gives him a puzzled look, but he says nothing more. As is her custom, she gives him a deep bow before heading closer to the tomb with the sake.

"I thought we were going to train," mumbles Youmu as she heads closer to the grave.

As she approaches, a chill runs down her spine. She has a really bad feeling about this, but she moves forward. For some reason, the grave is poorly kept. The name of the dead is covered with a thick crust of mud.

"Please accept this offering," says Youmu as she claps her hands together.

Carefully, she pours the liquid over the gravestone. Some of the mud starts to wash off as she does so. But it is only after she pours the rest of the sake that she recognizes the name on the gravestone.

"Vincent Gray?" she reads aloud, her voice dry with shock.

Before she can react any further, something grabs at Youmu's ankles.

[ ] Draw the blade named "Roukanken".
[ ] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".
>> No. 14416
[x] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".

What better weapon to cut through this confusing situation?
>> No. 14417
>>14415
>"It is time to test your will,"
>"Vincent Gray?"
Hmmm
[X] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".

Well A) Youmu is confused, B) I am as well C) we don't know if it's an enemy or not, and D) Hakurouken has offensive and defensive capabilities. Can't go flying off the handle in a test of will.
>> No. 14418
[!/] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".

Hack n' Slash!
>> No. 14419
[x] Draw the blade named "Roukanken".

Waste no time.
>> No. 14420
[X] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".
>> No. 14421
[x] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".
RTFS.

>>14412
Quack.
>> No. 14422
[†] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".
>> No. 14502
Server is currently undergoing emergency maintenance.

Please wait warmly for updates.

It's only a flesh wound.

---

Preliminary Report:
After finally recovering from fever-induced delirium, survivors claim that a certain stupid ice fairy caused this incident. Code-named "BAKA", this fairy was spotted throwing sharp icy projectiles at the server farm. When asked for a comment, she said that the servers should be free in the wild and not kept in such farms.

If you see this fairy, do not approach.

She is extremely stupid.
>> No. 14507
Loading User Commands:
[X] Draw the blade named "Hakurouken".

---

"Please accept this offering," says Youmu as she claps her hands together in reverence.

Carefully, she pours the liquid over the gravestone. Some of the mud begins to wash off as the sake flows over it. After pouring the rest of the sake, the name upon gravestone becomes visible.

"V-Vincent Gray?" she reads aloud.

Before she can react any further, something grabs at Youmu's ankles.

"Get away!" cries the half-ghost as she draws her blade.

She swings the shorter blade wildly several times, but she only cuts at the empty air. The half-ghost glances around carefully, but finds herself alone at the clearing.

Slowly, Youmu clears her throat and begins to sheathe her weapon. She must be imagining things. There is no possible way that he is still alive. Not after what happened then...

"..."

The half-ghost closes her eyes for a moment, as if to remember.

"Sad, isn't it?" whispers a familiar voice.

Youmu quickly turns around, half-expecting a phantom. Standing before her is a tall man wrapped completely in bandages from head to toe. He seems to be carrying a long weapon in his hand. The man's face is also heavily bandaged, but he looks down upon the half-ghost as if he could see her clearly.

"Remembering the day you killed me?" rasps the man.

"W-what the... I don't understand..." mumbles Youmu.

"Then maybe this blade will help you remember," whispers the shadowy man.

The man slowly draws his sword. She recognizes it immediately. A European longsword forged of blessed steel, the glowing runes on the weapon are unmistakeable. This is a ghost hunter's weapon.

"V-Vincent?" mutters Youmu.

Without warning, several pairs of skeletal arms burst from the ground and grab her legs tightly. She swings her blade at the bones, but to no effect. No matter how hard she tries to pull away, she can't escape.

Suddenly, the man is standing only inches before her. He lowers his head to her ear to whisper something.

"Goodbye, half-ghost," whispers the man.

Before she can react, the shadowy man drives his weapon straight through her heart. Her eyes widen in shock before slowly closing, never to see daylight again.

...

...

...

...

...

Something hurts.
[ ] My head.
[ ] My chest.
[ ] My arms.
[ ] My legs.
>> No. 14508
[ ] My chest.

Oh, snap.
>> No. 14509
[X] My chest.
>> No. 14510
{X} My chest.
>> No. 14511
[†] My chest.
>> No. 14513
[ ] My chest.
>> No. 14517
[x] My legs.

We're already on a path to hell, why not prolong our suffering?
>> No. 14532
[x] My chest.

Surely it is due to the fact that Youmu consciously suffocated herself just moments ago.
She is so tsundere that her tsundere needs take priority over her need for oxygen.
>> No. 14536
>[x] MEIN LEIBEN

[ze] My chest
>> No. 14593
>>14536
>>[ze] My chest

gb2/forest/, Marisa.
>> No. 14605
Loading User Commands:
[X] My chest.

---

Something hurts. Slowly, the pain begins to register in his brain. His chest really hurts. It feels like something tore him open, sewed him back roughly together, then tore him open again. He involuntarily grits his teeth as the pain grows more lucid.

"This is the end," says a voice before sighing deeply. "I can't carry you any further than this."

Slowly, he opens his eyes. The bright noon sun causes him to squint. Slowly, he recognizes an imposing shadow looming over him. The tall figure is carrying a large scythe. He sighs heavily and closes his eyes again.

"We meet again," he whispers. "I guess that this will be my last visit, at the very least."

"How rude," the shadow says. "It's not like I have a morbid fascination with this kind of work. This is just my job."

"So, my Death," he says without opening his eyes. "What happens next? Is my soul going to be judged or something?"

"Unfortunately, there are some complications," the shadow says. "As much as I want to let you cross over with me, I'll have to dump you right here."

"... What?" he mumbles.

Before he can reply, he feels himself being thrown over the side.

"... W-w-wait! This must be some kind of mis-"

And in the next moment, he finds his mouth full of sand. He quickly spits the sand out as he pushes himself up. The dull gray sand has a nasty gritty taste.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, I just need to finish with this one," says the shadow.

The shadow gives him one last smile before rowing the skiff across the river. He can see a single, glowing wisp floating patiently beside the oarsman. The scene seems so strangely appropriate that he doesn't immediately recognize the girl manning the ferry.

She has bright red eyes and short red hair tied in two places. She is wearing a white dress with a blue vest overtop and a large belt around her slender waist, subtley countouring her shapely figure. There is a large scythe lying on the skiff beside her.

"Komachi?" he mutters aloud.

This doesn't make sense. What was he doi-

"Argh!" he cries out. The pain in his chest grows excrutiating as he tries to remember what happened. After a few moments, he gives up and lies down with his back on the sand.

Slowly, he turns his head. There seem to be a bunch of strange red flowers growing near the shore, but nothing else. He doesn't remember this place, but a glance back at the endless expanse of black water tells him that he must be somewhere along the Sanzu River.

But he can think about that a little later. Exhaustion finally overcomes him, and his vision begins to blur. This is his limit.

...

Something smells good.

Slowly, he opens his eyes. Before he can say anything, someone shoves a spoonful of soup into his mouth. His eyes widen in surprise as he swallows the stuff by reflex.

"At least you are well enough to eat," says a familiar red-haired girl. "You really are something, Vincent. You looked half-dead when I found you."

"K-Komachi? Wait... what?" mumbles Vincent.

Suddenly, he cringes as the pain in his chest grows. Something catches on his left hand. Slowly, he pulls the object closer to his face. It takes him a few moments to recognize it. They look like bloodstained bandages.

"Don't move yet," says Komachi sternly. "I know that you are pretty tough, but your injuries aren't anything to laugh about. Just stay still and let me feed you."

He looks up at the Shinigami with a puzzlement upon his face. His chest hurts, but he doesn't feel that bad. However, she looks pretty worried. Maybe the injury looks worse than it feels.

[ ] Nod slowly and lie back. Let her feed you.
[ ] Force a smile and tell her you can feed yourself.
[ ] Carefully get up and examine your injury.
[ ] Quickly stand up and stretch to show that you feel alright.
[ ] Pretend to pass out in pain.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14606
[x] Force a smile and tell her you can feed yourself....
[x] Until you erupt in a coughing fit
[x] Maybe not. Let her feed you.
>> No. 14608
[x] Force a smile and tell her you can feed yourself....
[x] If you fail let her feed you
>> No. 14609
[x] "What happened?"

As much as I enjoy these moments with Komachi... seriously, what the fuck just happened??
>> No. 14610
[x] Force a smile and tell her you can feed yourself....
[x] Until you erupt in a coughing fit
[x] Maybe not. Let her feed you.
>> No. 14611
>>14609
Do you really need to ask that? Strange shit has been happening in this story for awhile now. Besides, she just found us - she knows about as much about what happened as we do. We'll probably recall the memories later.
>> No. 14613
>>14611

Whatever... I'm not totally sold on just "taking it easy" here, but you have enough of a point to justify chillin' with MachiMachi (because it doesn't take much convincing to do as much.)

Changing vote:
[x] Force a smile and tell her you can feed yourself....
[x] Until you erupt in a coughing fit
[x] Maybe not. Let her feed you.
>> No. 14623
[x] Force a smile and tell her you can feed yourself....
[x] Until you erupt in a coughing fit
[x] Maybe not. Let her feed you.
[x] "...Wait... Was the you that that was you a few minutes ago really you, or just a you that wasn't really you, but basically was you?"
[x] "No, I don't know what I meant, either. Did you throw me out of the boat?"
>> No. 14640
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

"Don't move yet," says Komachi. "You are pretty tough, but those injuries aren't anything to laugh about."

Vincent looks at the Shinigami, puzzled. His chest hurts a bit, but he doesn't feel that bad. However, she looks unusually worried and concerned. She frowns as he hesitates. Maybe the injury looks much worse from where she is standing. Seems like he got into some trouble, but as long as he can walk away from it, he doesn't really mind.

"Just stay still and let me feed you," she says sternly.

"W-w-what?" cries Vincent as he feels himself grow beet red. "N-No, I'm feeling fine! No need to trouble yourself like that."

He forces a smile as he tries to sit himself up.

"I can feed myself," he says. "Don't worry about -"

Suddenly, he erupts in a coughing fit. His chest pounds painfully each time air rushes out of his lungs. The pain is completely excruciating. After several moments of agony, he loses balance and starts to fall. But before his head hits the ground, he feels something move at the side of his eye. Then, he feels himself land on something soft. Slowly, he forces his eyes open.

Komachi is looking down on him with a small smile on her face. But something is strange. Her face seems to be upside-down. Also, he can detect a faint, sweet smell from behind him. It seems to be coming from behind his head. It takes him a few moments to realize that he is using her legs as a cushion.

"E-eh? I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to -"

Before he can raise his head again, Komachi pushes down firmly on his shoulders.

"Calm down," whispers the shinigami. "If you move too much, you'll open up your wounds."

"..."

In the end, he gives in. With a strange, gentle smile upon her face, Komachi patiently feeds him the soup. He notes that it has a strong herbal flavor, and somehow the soup feels soothing as it flows down his throat. The taste is surprisingly good. Komachi might not look like it, but she seems to be an excellent cook.

Neither of them say anything as he lies against her, accepting every spoonful with gratitude. He can feel himself calm down after a while. Somehow, he feels very comfortable with this girl, as if she were his elder sister. After he finishes eating, he closes his eyes to rest. He can feel Komachi gently stroke his hair as he falls into a peaceful, dreamless slumber.

...

"Feeling better now?" Komachi asks.

Vincent nods as he stands himself up. The pain doesn't sting as much anymore. Looking down, he can see that his whole chest is wrapped in fresh bandages. Now that he can see it better, the cuts look pretty bad. They almost look like deep scratch wounds.

"Stay still. I'll add a few more to be sure."

The shinigami patiently wraps a couple more bandages, making sure that they are nice and tight. After one last look, she hands Vincent back his coat. He quickly wears it, carefully covering up the injury.

"Thanks a lot," he says. "I guess that you saved my life again."

"Don't mind it," says Komachi. "We're friends, aren't we? By the way, your weapons are over there."

She points to a nearby bundle. He can spy his sword, crossbow, and gun. Beside it is a whole bunch of bloodied bandages. Then, he notices something strange. There are enough bandages in the pile to wrap a person from head to toe. He turns back to Komachi, puzzled.

"You were wrapped in those when I found you," says Komachi. "I almost mistook you for a mummy. Is that some sort of disguise?"

Vincent pauses to think, but he can't remember what happened. He shakes his head.

"I'm... not really sure," he manages. "I can't remember anything past yesterday evening."

"That's strange," replies Komachi. "Maybe you got hit in the head? I didn't see any wounds there earlier."

Vincent checks his head, but he can't find any wounds or lumps.

"I don't seem to be injured there," says Vincent.

Komachi looks at him with concern. She seems to be in deep thought.

"Maybe we should visit a doctor to make sure," she says finally. "I know of a good clinic that can help you. It isn't that far if we fly there."

Vincent says nothing as he takes his things. Only his weapons seem to be here. Seems like he left his pack back at Hakugyokurou. The longsword seems to be in good condition, though it is a little dusty. His crossbow and gun are both undamaged.

But something is bothering him. Out of the fifteen crossbow bolts, only nine are among his things. Also, the Peacemaker has only three rounds left.

"Is everything alright?" asks Komachi.

He nods his head slowly. No need to worry her even more about this.

"I'm think I have everything," he says.

Komachi grabs her scythe and smiles at him.

"So, have you decided?" she says. "I can take you back to Hakugyokurou if you are feeling better. We can also visit that clinic I mentioned to make sure you aren't hurt badly."

"Hmm..."

"You look much better now, actually," continues Komachi. "If you like, we can visit the Human Village. Maybe someone there will know what happened to you."

"The Village?" repeats Vincent.

"News travels fast around there," says Komachi. "Or maybe..."

The shinigami looks down at her feet, smiling nervously.

"Maybe we can go somewhere fun," whispers the girl. "I know of a few interesting places, if you like."

Her cheeks are a bit pink.

[ ] Return to Hakugyokurou.
[ ] Head to the clinic she mentioned.
[ ] Visit the Human Village.
[ ] Hang out with her for a while.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14641
[ ] Head to the clinic she mentioned.
>> No. 14642
[X] Inventory
A longsword. Forged with blessed steel. Looks expensive.
A medium crossbow. Nine silver-tipped crossbow bolts are included. Hurts when it hits.
A Colt Peacemaker, heavily modified. Loaded with three special rounds.
>> No. 14643
[x] Hang out with her for a while.
>> No. 14644
[ ] Head to the clinic she mentioned.
>> No. 14645
[x] Hang out with her for a while.
>> No. 14646
[x] Head to the clinic she mentioned.
>> No. 14647
>>14640
[X] Visit the Human Village.

Don't want to disturb Eirin by going to the clinic, going back without an intelligible reason for disappearing looks shady, and Youmu will cut Vincent from stem to stern if he delayed coming back because he was dallying with Komachi. Finding out what may have happened is prudent, and the possible mindfuck from meeting Keine is too tempting.
>> No. 14650
> possible mindfuck from meeting Keine
You have my axe.

[x] Visit the Human Village.
>> No. 14651
[X] Visit the Human Village.
>> No. 14652
[x] Visit the Human Village.
>> No. 14664
[x] Visit the Human Village.
>> No. 14683
Loading User Commands:
[X] Visit the Human Village.

---

"The Village?" repeats Vincent.

"News travels fast around there," says Komachi. "Maybe someone will know what happened to you."

He pauses to think. Something very strange is going on, and for some reason he knows deep inside that this is dangerous business. Youmu and Yuyuko might be worried, though. He makes a mental note to head back to Hakugyokurou before nightfall. But for now, he better make a conscious effort to discover the truth. The Human Village does sound like a good start.

"Or maybe we can go somewhere fun," whispers the shinigami. "I know of a few interesting places, if you like."

"Eh?" says Vincent.

The girl looks down at her feet, smiling nervously. Her cheeks are a bit pink. For a moment, he considers dropping everything to hang out with the girl for a while. Komachi looks really cute right now. But in the end, he decides against it. There are more urgent things to worry about.

"I suppose I better head for the Human Village," he says, a hint of regret in his voice. "I really need know know what's happening. I keep blacking out and I have several holes in my memory. Maybe someone there can help."

"I see," says Komachi. "That sounds like a good idea."

"And maybe we can walk around together afterward or something..." he says.

Vincent clears his throat and pulls out his gun. He pretends to examine it so he doesn't have to look at her in the eye. Did he just think aloud again? This sort of thing can cause a whole bunch of misunderstandings. He better figure out how to explain or say things a bit clearer and-

"W-what?" cries Vincent in surprise.

Suddenly, Komachi is standing only a few inches away from him. She smiles gently and pats him on the shoulder. He can't place the emotion in her eyes, but she most certainly seems... different.

"I'd like that," she whispers.

...

The trip toward the Human Village was surprisingly tranquil. They flew over several forests and rivers in silence. Somehow, he never really appreciated how beautiful Gensokyo really is. The natural beauty of this place is almost otherworldly. He can't remember seeing so much land untouched by human hands. For a moment, he wonders idly on how large this place really is.

Below, Vincent spots something along a small path. As they approach, he recognizes it as a red-lantern stand. It looks like the type of place where one can buy grilled snacks and beer during the evening.

"That place belongs to Mystia, a sparrow youkai," says Komachi suddenly. "She might act a little odd, but she does make the best grilled lamprey in the area."

"Why lamprey?" says Vincent.

"I heard that it's good for curing eye problems or something like that," replies the shinigami. "For some reason, people easily get lost around this path even if it's pretty straightforward."

"I see," he says.

...

"Forgive us for intruding," says Komachi as they enter.

They step into an empty office. Nobody seems to be inside.

"Big sis Machi?" cries a familiar voice from behind. "And is that.."

Before the sentence finishes, Vincent sees someone running up toward him with incredible speed. He barely manages to catch her when she jumps up and gives him a tight hug.

"C-Chen?" mumbles Vincent as he recognizes the girl. The nekomata nods as she smiles brightly at him. Her tails wave energetically in different directions.

"Now that's a surprise," says Komachi. "What are you doing here, Chen?"

The nekomata girl turns to face the shinigami, though she doesn't let go of Vincent.

"Master Ran sent me on an errand," she says. "I delivered that package over there."

Vincent takes a glance around to see a small package wrapped in brown paper and twine. According to the label on it, the package seems to be from someone named Yukari Yakumo. But before he can examine it closely, someone else comes in through the door.

"Sorry about that Chen, I just had to deal with the kids. They can be a real handful at times..."
>> No. 14684
The newcomer steps into the room and takes a glance at him, then at Komachi.

"Oh, I didn't see you two come in," she says. "How can I help you?"

Vincent's eyes widen as he recognizes the stranger. He almost drops Chen in surprise. His throat grows dry as he tries to say something, but all he can utter are a few unintelligible grunts. Finally, he clears his throat.

"Y-You?" he manages.

"Ah, do you already know Keine?" says Komachi. "She's a schoolteacher her at the Human Village. I thought that she could help us out."

Standing by the doorway is a girl with brown eyes and long silver hair. She is wearing a blue and white short sleeved dress with a red ribbon tied to the bottom of the collar. Upon her head is a strangely shaped hat with glyphs inscribed along its side.

"I-I don't understand..." mumbles Vincent as he puts Chen down.

Her dress is a little bit different, and she doesn't have horns, but she looks exactly like that person. And did Komachi say that this girl is a teacher?

"I'm sorry, but have we met before?" says Keine. "My name is Keine Kamishirasawa, a schoolteacher here. I also serve as the Village Guardian."

"Can't be..." whispers Vincent.

"What is your name?" she asks. She gives him a gentle smile as she waits patiently.

"Vincent," mumbles Vincent. "Vincent Gray."

"That name sounds familiar," says Keine. "You're an Outsider, aren't you? Let me check my records."

She gives him a nod as she heads behind her desk. After a moment of searching, she pulls out a thick record book. She quickly flips the pages before finally stopping near the end.

"Oh, you're already here," says Keine. "Vincent Gray, is it? You visited the village two weeks ago for personal matters."

"W-Wait... what?" says Vincent.

"You said that you haven't visited the Village before," says Komachi. She frowns at him accusingly.

"I haven't!" he replies. "At least, I don't think I did."

"That's strange," says Keine. "I don't remember writing this entry. Maybe Akyu added it when I was out..."

The room falls into silence as each of them gathers their own thoughts. Only Chen seems unperturbed as she looks at them curiously. Vincent takes another glance at Keine. He can still remember it clearly. There can't be any mistake. It's the same person that he killed in his dream. Chen was there too.

What the hell is going on?
>> No. 14685
"Sorry for interrupting, but may I speak to you for a moment?" says a new voice.

Vincent turns to see someone standing right beside Keine. He jumps slightly at her sudden entrance. When did she come inside? He didn't hear anything at all. He quickly looks around, but for some reason, the others don't seem surprised.

Looking closer, the girl standing beside Keine seems to be dressed in a French maid's outfit with a white bonnet over her long silver hair. She seems to be ignoring their presence completely as she whispers something to Keine. He can't hear what they are talking about from here.

"How annoying," comments Komachi idly. "We were here first, you know?"

The maid pulls out a piece of paper from her dress and gives it to Keine. The schoolteacher takes a moment to examine it. Then, she turns back to the maid and gives her a nod and a smile.

"I think we can handle it," says Keine. "I'll have it delivered as soon as I can."

The silver-haired girl gives her a low bow.

"Thank you very much," says the maid. "Lady Remilia will appreciate your assistance."

Suddenly, she turns to them. Her eyes only pause slightly at Chen and Komachi before stopping at Vincent. She stares at him with an icy expression upon her face, as if watching a pig on the way to the slaughterhouse.

"I haven't seen you here before," she says coldly.

"Err.. umm..." mumbles Vincent, unsure of how to react.

"His name is Vincent," says Komachi suddenly. "He is a guest of Hakugyokurou. I brought him here to visit the Village to show him around."

The maid gazes at him for a few more moments before turning away.

"I suppose it isn't any of my business," she says. "I must get back to the Mansion. There are a lot of things left undone."

"Now Sakuya," says Keine gently. "Why don't you introduce yourself before you leave? It isn't often we have visitors from the Outside."

The girl named Sakuya turns back to Keine, looking at her carefully. After a few moments, she turns back to Vincent.

"My name is Sakuya Izayoi," she says. "I serve the vampires of the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

Suddenly, Vincent's chest grows agonizingly painful. He crumples down on the ground as a series of images flash in his mind. A dark place. The walking dead. Two girls standing before a doorway, both wielding incredibly destructive powers. A duel. His sword glinting under the torchlight. Claws. Red Eyes. No, not red. Scarlet.

Then... nothing.

"A-are you feeling alright?" says a distant voice.

Someone small is shaking him from the side.

"Get up big brother!" cries another voice.

Both Chen and Komachi seem to be calling out to him, but he can't hear anything. Keine looks like she is rummaging through her drawers for some medicine. The girl named Sakuya simply watches him without emotion.

Then, another voice whispers to him through the commotion.

"You are going to die here," it whispers. "Kill them before you get killed. It's the only way."

Fight...or flee?
[ ] Kill Keine.
[ ] Kill Sakuya.
[ ] Kill them both.
[ ] Grab Chen and run.
[ ] Grab Komachi and run.
[ ] Grab them both and run.
[ ] Escape alone.

There must be another way out of this...
[ ] Break away from this madness. (Specify how. You might need to do something drastic for it to work.)
>> No. 14686
[X] Shoot yourself in the leg to break away from this madness.
escape madness via pain
>> No. 14687
>[ ] Shoot yourself in the leg to break away from this madness.
Sounds good except for the fact that we have only three shots left.

[x] Grab them both and run.
I'll go with this unless something better pops up.
>> No. 14689
>>14687
I meant with the crossbow since we could pull it out and use it again
>> No. 14691
We *do* have a perfectly good sword, you know.

Also, doing damage to Vincent's foot will impede his movement, should he need to distance himself from the others quickly.

And so, at the risk of coming across as emo:

[x] Escape alone.
[x] Break away from this madness. Slash your palm/arm if need be.
>> No. 14692
[ ] Escape alone.

I think a certain knife wielder will chase us
>> No. 14693
[X] Shoot yourself in the leg to break away from this madness.
[x] With the crossbow.
>> No. 14694
[x] Grab them both and run.
>> No. 14696
[x] Kill everybody. Let not a single soul leave this place.

Let's get crazy.
>> No. 14700
[x] Break away from this madness.
- Punch yourself in the chest, hard.

We're still injured, aren't we?
>> No. 14704
[x] Shoot yourself in the leg to break away from this madness.
[x] With the crossbow.
>> No. 14705
What the hell, grab them both and run. At the very least Komachi and Chen are recognizable. But the fact after some horrible memories involving the other two. This all feels like "Jacob's Ladder" to me an-HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
>> No. 14706
>>14705
Is this a vote?
>> No. 14707
>>14706

yes forgot to put in this part.

[x] Grab them both and run.
>> No. 14709
Tied votes. Both options seem interesting. I'll leave this open for a little bit longer.
>> No. 14711
Scratch that, I'll just pick what looks more interesting. Calling it.
>> No. 14712
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

The pain in Vincent's chest is excruciatingly painful now. He looks up to find that his vision is starting to get blurred. He can barely make out two figures nearby calling out to him. They must be Chen and Komachi. Slowly turning his head, he can make out another figure rummaging through the drawers. He barely makes out the word "medicine" as Keine frantically searches for something. Standing nearby is the girl named Sakuya. She doesn't seem to be saying anything as she watches him with disinterest.

Then, another voice whispers to him through the commotion.

"You are going to die here," the voice whispers. "Kill them before you get killed. It's the only way."

His vision blurs violently for several minutes. The world becomes a confusing, violent torrent of lines and shadow. For several minutes he loses track of the things happening around him. Then, without warning, everything returns in sharp focus. Before he can react, he finds the crossbow already in his hands.

As he looks around, he finds the room in chaos. But he can't hear anything at all. The world, while visible, has fallen deathly silent. To his left, he can see Chen crying out to him silently. The little nekomata seems to be emotionally distraught. Komachi is behind her, holding the girl back firmly. The shinigami has her scythe ready in her other hand. Keine is standing frozen behind her desk. In her left hand is a small unlabeled bottle. To her left, he can see the Sakuya still observing -

"Kill them now!" cries another voice.

That order is the only thing he hears as he finds himself slowly raising the weapon. The crossbow is already armed. All that is left is to fire it. At this range, he can't possibly miss.

"..."

But something is wrong. Horribly wrong. Every time he searches his mind for a reason to hurt them, all the voice does is repeat itself. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them now. Kill them -

"No!" cries Vincent. "I don't want to hurt anyone!"

In that single moment of sanity, he forces himself to fire the weapon at the ground.

Except that it wasn't aimed at the ground. His eyes widen in shock as he realizes that he just shot his right foot. As he watches the blood slowly flow down to the floor, his senses start returning to normal. Starting with the sense of pain.

"AAAAARRRGGGGHH!" he shouts, causing everyone else but Sakuya to jump in surprise. He feels himself lose balance and fall on his back, but his foot is somehow stuck to the same position. Even the slightest movement makes it hurt. Did he just impale himself on the ground?

"Big brother!" cries Chen. She breaks away from Komachi and quickly runs up to him. The nekomata kneels down beside him, looking frantically from his face, to his wound, to his face again.

"Are you alright? You must have lost your mind to do something stupid like that," says Komachi sternly. She quickly starts examining his foot. Wait, when did she get beside him?

"I'm going to get some bandages and medicine," mutters Keine as he searches her drawers frantically.

"..."

Vincent blinks in the confusion.

Suddenly, the girl named Sakuya is standing right over him. He can't see the expression on her face very clearly. Before he can react, the maid bends down and grabs the crossbow bolt firmly in her hand.

"W-wait!" cries Vincent. "W-what are you -"

Without warning, she pulls out the bolt in one swift motion, freeing his impaled foot.

MY GOD IT HURTS!

Vincent's scream echoes loudly along the school hallways.
>> No. 14714
By the time Vincent opens his eyes, he finds himself lying down in a bed. Somehow, the pain in his foot has become only an uncomfortable sting. He has a bad feeling about it, for some reason. Silently, he prays that his foot is still attached to his leg.

After a few minutes, he manages to sit himself up. Thankfully, his foot is still there. Bandaged thickly in what looks like a hospital wrapping, the injury doesn't look so bad. Maybe he can try moving it a little.

"..."

Somehow, he feels well enough to get up. He carefully stands up from the bed as he wonders how bad the wound really is. An injury like that should normally cause a lot of damage, but for some reason he can still walk around, albeit slowly. Maybe it didn't hit the bone or something. But either way, he manages to hobble out of bed all the same.

Vincent takes a glance at the room. This doesn't look like the school. In fact, he doesn't recognize this place at all. There is a single window on the left, but the curtains are shut. On his right, he can see a simple wooden door. There isn't any other exit. Where is he?

Then, he freezes as he hears someone approaching from behind the door.

[ ] Komachi?
[ ] Chen?
[ ] Keine?
[ ] Sakuya?
[ ] Youmu?
[ ] ???????
[ ] ?????
[ ] ??????
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14715
[x]Doctor?
>> No. 14716
[X] Status
Youmu - A
Komachi - C
Chen - C
Yuyuko - C
>> No. 14717
[X] Chen?
>> No. 14718
[†] Youmu?
>> No. 14719
[ ] ??????????????? ???????? ???????????????? ???????????????? ??????????????? ?????????????? ??????? ??????? ?????????????? ?????????????????????
>> No. 14720
[ ] Youmu?
>> No. 14725
[x] Fonzie?
>> No. 14726
[!/] Komachi?
>> No. 14728
[x]Komachi & Youmu
>> No. 14733
[x] Youmu?

>>14719
I love it when you talk dirty.
>> No. 14744
[x] Grimnir?
>> No. 14751
[x]Komachi & Youmu
>> No. 14752
[x] Rorschach?
>> No. 14753
>>14752

Oh you.
>> No. 14766
[x] Komachi?
>> No. 14799
Loading User Commands:
[X] Youmu?

---

Vincent takes a glance around him. This doesn't look like the school. In fact, he doesn't recognize this place at all. There is a single window on the left, but the curtains are shut. On his right, he can see a simple wooden door. There aren't any other exits.

Suddenly, he hears someone approaching. He quickly readies to draw his weapon. Then, he realizes that he is completely unarmed. Someone knocks upon the door before opening it.

"Excuse the intrusion," says a calm, gentle voice.

"Youmu?" says Vincent. "Is that you?"

The newcomer steps in with a calm smile.

"I'm sorry, but this isn't Hakugyokurou," replies the newcomer. "You are still in the Human Village."

He blinks stupidly as he recognizes the person.

"Ah, I mistook you for someone else," says Vincent.

"Not a problem," says Keine. "Are you feeling better now?"

He nods at the schoolteacher.

"It's strange, but I can even walk now," says Vincent. "Maybe the injury wasn't as bad as I thought?"

"Your arrow wound was quite serious," she says with a frown. "The bleeding wouldn't stop until we bandaged it tightly. You're lucky that I still have some special healing tincture. The medicine is quite powerful, so you should be up and about in no time."

"Thank you very much for taking care of me," he replies.

Keine smiles at him.

"Humans need to be protected," she says. "Sometimes, even from themselves."

"Sorry for the trouble," says Vincent. "I... don't really understand what's happening right now, but I think I just prevented something horrible. It's hard to explain in words, and honestly, I'm still pretty confused."

The schoolteacher motions for him to stop talking.

"You should get some more rest. The medicine should complete it's effect in about half an hour. We can talk more after then."

"B-But don't you want to know what happened?" cries Vincent.

"It's alright, we can talk later. I've seen a lot of things in the past, and it will take a little bit more than someone shooting himself in the foot to make me panic. Besides, there have been a lot of stranger incidents than this."

"Strange incidents?"

Keine folds her arms and closes her eyes in deep thought.

"So many strange incidents, and all at the same time," she mutters. "Even Mokou went off to investigate on her own. She thinks that something is happening at Eientei, but she won't say anything else. Then, I hear of Reimu and Yukari investigating a major incident at Youkai mountain. If things get worse there, the kappa and tengu might take up arms against them. That doesn't even include the incidents around the lake and the forest..."

Then, she quickly turns to him.

"Sorry about that," she says. "I suppose I was talking to myself for a while. In any case, you should get some rest. I can answer your questions after your wound has properly healed."

She patiently assists him back to the bed, where he lies down obediently. After examining him a little bit more, she bids him a good rest before leaving the room. He stays awake as he rests, suddenly aware of how quickly his foot is healing. Whatever she used must be really powerful. No ordinary medicine could work this quickly.

...

Vincent wakes up after a restful, dreamless nap. His foot feels a lot better now. He can probably try walking around normally now. Slowly, he sits himself up on the bed. He feels tempted to peel off the bandages, but he decides against it.

For now, he needs to find the others.
[ ] Look for Komachi. She might be a little worried.
[ ] Look for Chen. She arrived to deliver a package, didn't she?
[ ] Look for Keine. She seems quite knowledgeable about the area.
[ ] Stay in the room for a little bit longer.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14801
[X] Look for Chen. She arrived to deliver a package, didn't she?
>> No. 14802
[x] Look for Komachi. She might be a little worried.
>> No. 14803
[x] Look for Keine. She seems quite knowledgeable about the area.

Better to understand what exactly is going on people, lest we get the others or ourselves into more trouble; especially after what Keine's told about "recent incidents".
>> No. 14804
[x] Look for Komachi. She might be a little worried.
>> No. 14806
[x] Look for Komachi. She might be a little worried.
>> No. 14812
Loading User Commands:
[X] Look for Komachi. She might be a little worried.

---

After a restful, dreamless nap, Vincent awakens. Slow and careful, he sits himself up on the bed. His foot feels a lot better now. From the looks of it, he can probably walk around normally. He feels a bit tempted to peel off the bandages, but he decides against it.

For now, he needs to find the others. He takes a quick glance around the room to find his coat nearby. However, his weapons aren't anywhere around. The others probably kept them somewhere to make sure he doesn't hurt himself again. Still, unarmed like this, he feels quite vulnerable.

No point in staying around in the room now that he is awake. Yawning loudly, he heads for the door and into the hallway. There are a few more doors and a single staircase going downward. He immediately heads for the stairs. There should be more people down there.

"..."

He raises an eyebrow when he sees her. Komachi is sleeping on a nearby sofa. Her scythe is leaning against her shoulder, and her shoes are left carelessly on the floor. An occasional snore can be heard as he draws closer.

For a moment, he watches the shinigami in silence. Unlike what her present state may suggest, she is actually quite powerful. He has fought at her side once before.

But right now, he is almost tempted to...

[ ] ... pinch her nose to wake her up.
[ ] ... find out if she is ticklish.
[ ] ... sit beside her and stroke her hair.
[ ] ... kiss her lightly on the cheek.
[ ] ... examine her three sizes.
[ ] ... feel up her skirt.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14813
[x] ... find out if she is ticklish.
>> No. 14814
[X] ... sit beside her and stroke her hair.
>> No. 14815
[x] ... examine her three sizes.
[x] ... feel up her skirt.
>> No. 14816
[ ] ... find out if she is ticklish.
>> No. 14819
[x] ... find out if she is ticklish.
>> No. 14820
[ ] ... examine her three sizes.
>> No. 14821
[x] ... sit beside her and stroke her hair.

>... find out if she is ticklish.
This seems way too intimate, even compared with the above. Unless you weren't gentle about it, then it's just a horrible way to startle someone awake.
>> No. 14822
[X] ... sit beside her and stroke her hair.
>> No. 14824
[X] ... sit beside her and stroke her hair.

less likely to cause a slashed off arm..? idk lol
>> No. 14825
[x] ... sit beside her and stroke her hair.
>> No. 14826
[!/] Bonk her on the head lightly while clearing your throat loudly.
[!/] "Sleeping on the job Machi~Machi?"
>> No. 14829
[x] ... sit beside her and ruffle stroke her hair.

Sorry. Force of habit.
>> No. 14830
[z] Bonk her on the head lightly while clearing your throat loudly.
[e] "Sleeping on the job Machi~Machi?"
>> No. 14832
>sit beside her and stroke her hair

...is really creepy. Imagine waking up to find someone stroking your hair with no context.

Look with your eyes, no touching.
>> No. 14833
Loading User Commands:
[X] ... sit beside her and stroke her hair.

---

Very carefully, Vincent sits down on the sofa beside the sleeping shinigami. He has no intention of waking Komachi from her nap, but it won't hurt to take a closer look. Besides, no one else is in the room right now. There isn't anything wrong with just watching her peaceful, sleeping face.

With that thought in mind, he continues staring at the girl. Up close like this, he notices that her short red hair is actually quite neat and well-kept. A pair of bright red string beads are tied to her hair on each side to form cute twin-tails. The expression on her face is calm, yet strangely vulnerable. Now that he sees her like this, he realizes that the girl really is quite fair and feminine.

Before he knows it, Vincent finds himself carefully stroking her hair. The touch of her red locks upon his fingers is surprisingly stimulating and pleasant. Seeing that her sleep is undisturbed, he continues lightly brushing her soft red hair with his hands. He can't help but be a small part of this tranquil and elegant moment. It isn't every day that he sees her like this.

After a few minutes, Komachi moans and shifts herself slightly. Immediately, he lets go of her hair, fearing that she might wake. However, a moment later, the girl starts snoring once more. Sighing in relief, Vincent takes a glance around the room before stroking her hair again.

Somehow, this feels really nice, being with her like this - not a kiss or a hug, but just sitting here beside her. If he were to die today and find himself on that boat with this girl, perhaps it wouldn't be that bad. Soon, he loses himself as he becomes part of the picture he is watching.

"Whatcha doing?" asks a small voice.

Vincent's eyes widen in surprise. He quickly pulls his hands away and turns to the newcomer.

"Chen?"

The nekomata girl smiles at him excitedly. Both of her tails are wagging.

"Are you petting her?" cries Chen.

"W-w-wait, I wasn't -" argues Vincent. He feels his cheeks grow red at the implication of her words.

"I want~" says Chen slowly. "I want big brother to pet me too!"

"E-eh? Wait, Chen. What are you talking about?"

Then, Vincent senses a strange aura awaken nearby. He turns around slowly to see Komachi sitting up on the sofa, clearly awake. Her scythe leans carelessly on her shoulder. She gives him an unusual, crooked smile.

"Don't mind me," whispers Komachi.

Before he can reply, he feels Chen tugging at his shirt.

"Pet me too!" she cries excitedly. "Pet me too! Pet me too~"

[ ] Pet Chen.
[ ] Don't pet Chen.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14834
>>14833
[X] Pet Chen.

Were there any other options for this one? I didn't see any.
>> No. 14835
[X] Pet Chen.
>> No. 14836
[X] Pet Chen.
>> No. 14838
[x] Pet Chen. Be sure to go *with* the hair, not against.
[x] Scratch behind her ears.

As a cat-person, I approve this course of action.
>> No. 14839
[†] Pet Chen.
>> No. 14840
[X] Pet Chen.
>> No. 14841
[x] Pet Chen.
>> No. 14843
[+] Pet Chen.

Alright, Chen, tell Officer Kotohime where the strange man "petted" you.
>> No. 14844
[♪] pet chen
[♪] pet chen
[♪] you will pet chen
>> No. 14848
[x] Pull Chen's tail.

>:3
>> No. 14849
[ze] Pet Chen

Vii~ Vii~
suki suki
Pet my head plea~se

>> No. 14854
Can't believe I didn't follow this one.

[x] Pet Chen. Be sure to go *with* the hair, not against.
[x] Scratch behind her ears.
>> No. 14855
Yeah can't pass up the chance to...

[x] Pet Chen. Going *with* the hair, not against.
[x] Scratch behind her ears.
>> No. 14856
>>[] Pull Chen's tail.

Haha, just kidding... I still feel kinda bad about the sweet bun incident.
>> No. 14859
>>14849
Changing my vote to [ze] >>14838
Because I don't want to delete and repost again
>> No. 14863
Loading User Commands:
[X] Pet Chen.

---

"Pet me too!" cries Chen excitedly.

For a moment, Vincent hesitates. Somehow, he feels that it would be inappropriate. The girl seems to be looking at him as a "big brother", of sorts, and he doesn't want to betray that trust. In addition, Komachi seems to watching the situation carefully, as if waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. The fact that Keine can come in at any time doesn't improve the situation, either. However, as he tries to think about how he can refuse the nekomata's strange request...

"Please~"

Chen looks up at him with her lively deep orange eyes. He can feel something warm in his chest as he watches her eyes glisten brightly like little gems. Then, she cocks her to the side, letting her soft brown hair sway gently. Her face, at first puzzled, slowly forms an innocent, eager smile. Both of her tails wag happily behind her. He shudders slightly at the sight of this rare moment. There is no way he can resist, even if he wanted to.

"J-Just a little bit, then," whispers Vincent, his voice dry and shaky.

"Yay~" she cries, a huge grin upon her face. She immediately steps forward within his reach.

"Er..."

Vincent takes a quick glance at Komachi. She seems to be watching them with interest. When she notices his gaze, she gives him a small smile, though a little more slowly and carefully than usual. Seems like she won't interrupt them unless he tries to do something stupid.

First, he slowly strikes her hair, not unlike what he just did with Komachi. Chen closes her eyes and smiles as he does so, giggling occasionally when his hands near her ears. Then, he tries ruffling her hair for a little bit. The nekomata opens a single eye at him and frowns, as if feeling a little uncomfortable. He immediately stops ruffling, and instead he strokes with the hair, taking care not to go against its natural direction. Her eyes close once more, and her smile widens.

After a few minutes, Chen lies down on the sofa with her head upon his lap. He carefully scratches behind her ears. To this, she moans quietly with pleasure. They continue like this for a little longer until Vincent realizes that she has fallen asleep.

"..."

With one last smile, he gently places a cushion under her head as he stands up. After making sure that Chen is comfortably curled up, he turns toward Komachi. She seems to be grinning at the both of them.

"How unusual," she whispers. "Chen never warms up to strangers like that. You must have made a strong impression on her yesterday."

"I suppose," he replies.

"I'm surprised you didn't try anything. Even Ran would have difficulty in that situation."

Vincent smiles back at the shinigami.

"I can't hurt Chen," he replies. "She is my little sister, after all."

The moment he says those words, he realizes that he means them.

"But you can hurt yourself in a fit of insanity?" says Komachi. "What happened back there? You were acting very strange."

Komachi looks straight at him, worried.

[ ] Stay silent.
[ ] Change the subject.
[ ] Explain to her now.
[ ] Explain when Keine arrives.
[ ] Explain when Chen wakes up.
[ ] Lie to her. (Specify)
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14864
[x] Explain when Keine arrives.
>> No. 14865
[x] Explain when Keine arrives.
>> No. 14867
[x] Explain when Keine arrives.

looks to be a good choice.
>> No. 14870
[x] "I.. seem to have a tendency to space out from time to time. I hear strange things; become paranoid. I shot myself to break free of that. If I hadn't, it could have easily been one of you"
[x] "This has been happening since I first arrived in this land. There's something wrong with me, and I need to find out what"
>> No. 14873
[x] Explain when Keine arrives.
[x] Ask what the maid did
>> No. 14874
[X] Explain when Keine arrives.
>> No. 14875
[x] Explain when Keine arrives.
[x] Tell her, that you'll explain it then.
>> No. 14884
[z] Explain when Keine arrives.
[e] Tell her, that you'll explain it then.

Not suspicious.

>"But you can hurt yourself in a fit of insanity?"
Ha! HA!
...Arson.
>> No. 14886
[X] Explain when Keine arrives.
[X] Tell her that you'll explain it then.

May as well handle it in one go
>> No. 14887
Loading User Commands:
[X] Explain when Keine arrives.

---

"Be sure to eat it all," says Keine. "The medicine can only do so much. You need to recover your strength."

"Thank you very much," replies Vincent.

The schoolteacher smiles as he devours the food with gusto. He didn't realize how hungry he was until he savored a sweet smell coming from the kitchen. In-between swallows, he nods enthusiastically at Keine.

"Always a pleasure to help a human," she replies. "Someone has to protect and watch over them, after all."

Keine looks at him thoughtfully.

"I was actually surprised to find out that you are close to Chen," she says. "And by the things you wear and carry, I can tell that you definitely aren't an ordinary human, nor an ordinary Outsider."

"Ordinary humans don't go loopy and injure themselves like that," comments Komachi.

Then, Vincent remembers. He had promised to explain when Keine arrived. The schoolteacher deserves an explanation after all the trouble he put her through. And so does Komachi.

"About that," says Vincent. "I'm really sorry for earlier. I didn't know what I was doing. Sorry to trouble you."

Komachi sighs before giving him an encouraging smile.

"You must have your reasons," says the shinigami. "I won't pry if you don't want to say anything -"

"No! Don't misunderstand," says Vincent. "I think... I think I was going a little insane back there. I hear voices in my head every so often, and once in a while, the paranoia and confusion starts to take over."

"You were... hearing voices?" repeats Keine very carefully.

"Yes, I was," he replies. "I had to do something to break free from it. If I hadn't shot myself earlier, I think I might have tried to hurt someone else instead."

"You said that you didn't want to hurt anyone," says Komachi. "Do you think you could have hurt one of us?"

Vincent nods weakly.

"I know that it sounds crazy, but I've been seeing things, even dreaming awake. I'm not even sure what's happening anymore. And I'm afraid I might do something horrible if this continues."

The room falls silent. Komachi and Keine seem to be deep in their own thoughts. It is a good thing that Chen is still asleep. He doesn't want to watch that girl worry about him.

"You aren't dangerous," says Komachi firmly. "I don't believe that you can hurt any of us. You aren't that kind of person."

"But I can't even remember the kind of person I was," says Vincent. "I lost my memories ever since I arrived here. All I have are these strange dreams and visions."

He lowers his head and keeps his gaze on the floor.

"I don't think I was a very good person in the past," he whispers.

"..."

Suddenly, Keine clears her throat.

"W-well, there is a way to confirm that," she says. "But it might be a bit embarrassing..."

"Eh?"

The schoolteacher blushes, ever so slightly.

"I-I suppose I can examine your history," whispers Keine. "That is, if you let me."

[ ] Refuse. It is too dangerous.
[ ] Accept. Let her examine your history.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14889
[x] Ask everyone except Keine to leave to room.
[x] Tell her about the dream that she was in. It's still bothering you, and it's better that she hear about it from you first...
[x] Accept. Let her examine your history (if she still wants to.)
>> No. 14890
[X] Refuse. It is too dangerous.

He might go even more insane if he learns who he was.
>> No. 14892
>>14890

Maybe we should take measures against that, then? Binding hands and feet, etc.
It's less risky if we're actually expecting it; then we can prepare, both mentally and physically.
>> No. 14893
>>14892

In fact, I'm adding to my previous vote:

[x] Ask everyone except Keine to leave to room.
[x] Tell her about the dream that she was in. It's still bothering you, and it's better that she hear about it from you first...
[x] Accept. Let her examine your history (if she still wants to.)
--[x] If she does, insure that you are restrained and ready to resist whatever might come up before proceeding.
>> No. 14894
[x] Ask everyone except Keine to leave to room.
[x] Tell her about the dream that she was in. It's still bothering you, and it's better that she hear about it from you first...
[x] Accept. Let her examine your history (if she still wants to.)
--[x] If she does, insure that you are restrained and ready to resist whatever might come up before proceeding.
>> No. 14896
Jesus H Christ. I'd be at least a little more trusting of these voices in my head. Instead you're doing the exact opposite and putting yourselves into a position where you really could get killed.

Also, how long has it been since this whole ordeal? Killing Youmu is not on my agenda, either.
>> No. 14897
[x] Ask everyone except Keine to leave to room.
[x] Tell her about the dream that she was in. It's still bothering you, and it's better that she hear about it from you first...
[x] Accept. Let her examine your history (if she still wants to.)
--[x] If she does, insure that you are restrained and ready to resist whatever might come up before proceeding.
>> No. 14899
>>14896
>>Killing Youmu is not on my agenda, either.

>>14507
>>"Goodbye, half-ghost," whispers the man.
>>Before she can react, the shadowy man drives his weapon straight through her heart. Her eyes widen in shock before slowly closing, never to see daylight again.

...
>> No. 14901
[x] Ask everyone except Keine to leave to room.
[x] Tell her about the dream that she was in. It's still bothering you, and it's better that she hear about it from you first...
[x] Accept. Let her examine your history (if she still wants to.)
--[x] If she does, insure that you are restrained and ready to resist whatever might come up before proceeding.
Also...
[x] Make sure Komachi is back in the room to assist in keeping you down if need be during the reading.


>>14899
I've been mighty worried about this, too.
>> No. 14902
[†] Tell her about the dream that she was in. It's still bothering you, and it's better that she hear about it from you first...
[†] Accept. Let her examine your history (if she still wants to.)
>> No. 14903
[x] Tell her about the dream that she was in. It's still bothering you, and it's better that she hear about it from you first...
[x] Accept. Let her examine your history (if she still wants to.)
--[x] If she does, insure that you are restrained and ready to resist whatever might come up before proceeding.
>> No. 14904
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom
[X] Accept. Let her examine your history.

---

Keine closes the door behind her and locks it before she speaks.

"Alright, we can speak privately in here," she says. "What did you want to tell me?"

"Err..." mumbles Vincent nervously as he looks around. "Is this your room? Maybe we can find another place to talk."

"This room is safe and protected," Keine explains. "You don't need to worry about eavesdroppers or enemies here. At least, not while I am around."

Vincent nods at her. He did request to speak with her in private, and while he doesn't really mind Komachi listening in, he would rather not disturb Chen. Having anyone else hear about this might be dangerous, as well. After a careful pause, he turns to the school teacher.

"May I ask you something?" whispers Vincent. "You don't need to answer if you don't want to."

"Go ahead," replies Keine.

"Do you transform during the full moon?" he says. "And do you have horns when you do?"

"H-How did you you know that?" cries the school teacher. "D-Did you see?"

Vincent sighs heavily. For a moment, he collects his thoughts. Then, he turns back at her with a grave expression upon his face.

"I saw you in one of those visions," whispers Vincent. "Not as you are right now, but in your other, more powerful form. And I think I killed you."

...

"I see," whispers Keine. "So in this vision, everyone in the village was killed or corrupted, and I was the cause?"

"I believe so," says Vincent. "Though it wasn't completely your fault. It was an unfortunate circumstance."

"It is strange that Youmu and Chen were in it as well," continues the school teacher. "You said that all three of you were working with the Church?"

"Yes, I think so."

"How curious," whispers Keine.

For a few minutes, the school teacher paces around the room, occasionally confirming details or asking short questions. She seems to be in deep thought, and she looks anything but scared. In fact, she looks more worried about him that about herself. He can't help but feel how dangerously high her concern for others is. This woman might be too kind for her own good.

"I'm sorry," she says finally. "There isn't enough information to work with - far too many possibilities. If you are still open to it, I can examine your history to find out more."

"A-Are you sure about that," says Vincent. "Wouldn't that be a little dangerous?"

"Humans need to be protected," says Keine firmly. "Even from themselves."

"Thank you very much!" he cries.

The school teacher then looks him in the eye, her expression serious and grave. She seems focused and determined to help him.

"Now, to begin with," she whispers. "Take off your shirt."
>> No. 14905
Keine looks him in the eye, her expression serious and grave. She seems focused, if not a bit nervous, on her task. Determined to help him, she raises her hand slowly to point at his chest.

"Now, to begin with," she whispers. "Take off your shirt."

"W-Wait... what?" says Vincent incredulously.

"You need to take it off," says Keine, not a hint of jest in her voice. "Clothes and accessories can interfere with my examination. Even inanimate objects have their own history."

"Ah," he says. "That sort of makes sense..."

Vincent sighs in relief, though a small part of him feels a little disappointed. He nods at the teacher, and then he starts removing his coat. After carefully folding it, making sure the items inside don't fall out, he turns around to see Keine sitting on the bed.

"Take off that shirt, then take a seat," she says.

He swallows nervously as he starts unbuttoning his shirt. Keine seems to be watching his every move. Shivering slightly, only partly from the cold, he puts down his shirt and takes a step toward the teacher.

"Don't be shy," says Keine. "Just sit right beside me."

Vincent obediently sits a few inches beside her. Looking at her up close, she looks quite cute with those kindly brown eyes and that fair skin. Before he can react, Keine shifts her position, moving dangerously close. From this distance he can feel her body heat through her clothes. He can smell a faint, sweet fragrance coming from her.

"Now relax," whispers the teacher. She pats his back encouragingly as she puts down her strangely shaped hat nearby. Then, she slowly moves across the bed behind him. Her silky silver hair brushes lightly on his skin as she passes by.

Then, silence. Keine seems to be somewhere behind him now, but he can't feel her presence. Where did she -

"D-Don't turn around!" cries the teacher suddenly.

Vincent quickly forces his head to face forward. With that single glance, it looked like Keine was removing some of her clothes. He can't help but feel excited by the situation, and before he realizes it, something seems to be rising in that familiar place below.

Wait, what the heck is Keine doing? Isn't she supposed to examine his history or something? Is this still part of the examination? Why is she taking off her clothes? This doesn't really make any...

Even inanimate objects have their own history.

Hmm. Well, if he thinks of it that way, then perhaps she can't conduct the examination without removing her own clothes. It is completely normal for her to do this, then. But wait. If she comes closer, she is definitely going to notice his...

"Fwump!"

D-damn. Even the sound of her clothes dropping on the floor is sexy. This is getting really dangerous. Good thing he still has his pants on. Wait, he still has his pants on? But won't that...

"Iyaah~" cries Keine. "I can't... get this... off..."

Vincent can feel himself blush like a tomato, but that is the least of his problems compared to the one poking out from below.

[ ] Remove pants.
[ ] Try to peek at her.
[ ] Stay completely still.
[ ] Make a run for the exit.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14906
[X] Stay completely still.

She can't see us if we don't move.
>> No. 14908
[x] Stay completely still

Try thinking about the weird incidents Keine mentioned to calm himself down and find some clues between the voices in his head.

She did say to relax...
>> No. 14913
>>[x] Nosebleed.
>>[x] Anemia option.
These would fit the situation really well...
... but alas, we need to progress.

[x] Remove pants.
>> No. 14916
[X] Stay completely still.
[X] Ask if she needs help.
>> No. 14918
>>14916

Actually, I like this better. Changing vote:
[X] Stay completely still.
[X] Ask if she needs help.
>> No. 14926
[x] Stay completely still.
[x] Ask if she needs help.

Can't resist.
>> No. 14927
[!/] Stay completely still.
>> No. 14944
[x] Stay completely still.
>> No. 14984
>>14927

NSFW?
>> No. 14985
>>14984

Maybe, but if it was it would be a tremendously good argument for finding a new job.
>> No. 14986
>>"Iyaah~" cries Keine.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
>> No. 14991
>>14986
This.
>> No. 14994
Loading User Commands:
[X] Stay completely still.

---

"N-Need any help back there?" mumbles Vincent. He quickly covers his mouth with his hands. What the hell is he suggesting? This isn't the time to misinterpret her actions. Surely, she is only trying to help him. She can't possibly be...

"Don't!" cries Keine in a panic. "I-I'm fine! Almost... got it... all... off... ahn~"

The sound of her cute little moan only excites him more. Perhaps he should just give in to his desires and... no! This isn't what he wants! He needs to keep himself focused on the facts. Keine is a school teacher, for crying out loud. Something must be wrong with him to even think like that.

She can't possibly be willing to perform such lewd and sensual acts with someone like him. It's not like her stress at work has finally reached the limit and she needs some kind of release. Keine isn't thinking of taking advantage of his confused mental state to satisfy her own carnal desires. Only a fool would assume that she is attracted to him because he is so needful of her help, not unlike how nurses sometimes fall in love with their patients. Even a complete idiot wouldn't believe that she would give him "extra service" just to make him feel calm and at peace. Her mouth most certainly isn't for...

"D-damn it!" whispers Vincent to himself.

He quickly shakes his head. These thoughts certainly aren't helping. A glance down at his pants tells him that he is far more excited than is appropriate. Nope, this fascinating thread of thought isn't helping at all. Maybe he should just mutter some excuse and run out of the room. At least, he won't regret doing something that -

"Sorry to keep you waiting," whispers Keine. "I-I don't usually go this far with just anyone, you know."

Suddenly, he feels her hands upon his shoulders. He barely stops himself from yelping in surprise. Slowly and carefully, the teacher begins to massage him, coaxing him to relax. His shoulders certainly feel stiff, though it is another stiff part that worries him at the moment. But before he can pull away, he can feel Keine lean her head against the back of his neck. From this close, her scent is completely intoxicating. His muscles fail him, and despite the commands from his mind to run away, he stays completely still.

"Strange, I still can't see it," whispers Keine. "Now what is this that you are hiding~"

"Hiding?" repeats Vincent.

"Hmm, maybe I can get at it from the other side. But if I do that..."

"T-The other side?"

Without warning, he feels Keine's warm breath upon his left ear.

"Close your eyes," she whispers.

Vincent obediently follows, clamping both eyes tight. He doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know what he wants to do. He can barely even understand what he is thinking right now. All he understands is that he is about to reach a point where he can no longer turn back.

"..."

Keine is right in front of him now. Even without his eyes, he can sense her presence. From this distance, he can almost taste her. But he can't see her. He can't see her at all. And she is looking at him. All of him.

"W-w-what is this?" cries Keine suddenly. "I still can't..."

"Are... what?"

"Don't open your eyes!" squeals the teacher. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry! It looks like I don't have much choice..."

"Eh? What are you -"

"Sorry, but this might hurt a little bit..."

Then, a wave of coldness fills his insides. Something is terribly wrong.

[ ] Open your eyes.
[ ] Keep them closed.
>> No. 14995
[ ] Keep them closed.

Trust her.
>> No. 14996
{X} Keep them closed.
>> No. 14998
[X] Keep them closed.
>> No. 14999
[+] Keep them closed.
>> No. 15003
[x] Fall backwards.

Defensive reflex.
... And with any luck, she'll trip and land on top of us.
>> No. 15004
[X] Keep them closed.
>> No. 15005
[x] Fall backwards.
[x] Open your eyes.
>> No. 15009
[x] Keep them closed.
>> No. 15010
[x] Keep them closed.
>> No. 15019
[x] Keep them closed.

Prostate exam?
>> No. 15022
Loading User Commands:
[X] Keep them closed.

---

"Sorry, but this might hurt a little bit," says Keine.

Vincent feels a sudden chill at her words. He feels that something is terribly wrong. But as if to calm his fears, he hears the teacher whisper to him gently.

"I haven't done this in a long time," she whispers. "Please forgive me if you feel a little strange."

"Ah! I-I'm sure that it will feel alright," mumbles Vincent.

What the hell is he saying? He should be running out of the room right now! What will he do if Chen suddenly walks in on them? Or Komachi? And he can only imagine what will happen if Youmu discovers this little misunderstanding. Though for some reason, he can't see Yuyuko as anything but amused at all this.

Suddenly, he gasps as he feels something soft against him. At first, her movements are small and careful, as if deathly afraid of doing something wrong. He can feel every subtle change as her tiny fingers begin to stroke him. But after a minute, she starts petting him more quickly. Vincent bites his lips, barely stopping himself from moaning.

"Does it feel good?" asks the teacher seductively. "Maybe I should move a little faster~"

Her rhythm steadily hastens, stroking him again and again. Each movement is unbelievably pleasurable, but somehow different. Every time she touches him, something changes. Is it the angle? Is it the pressure? Is it the texture? He can't tell anymore as she continues her delicate sensual work.

"Haaa...haaa...haaa..." breathes the teacher.

Suddenly, he realizes that Keine seems to be enjoying this as well. With his eyes closed, he starts imagining teacher's face as she does such things. Is she smiling? Is she blushing? Is she touching herself too? Oh my god -

"Does it feel good?" whispers Keine. "I-I can try using both hands, if you like..."

Vincent can only nod stupidly. In response, the teacher doubles her efforts. She starts stroking him with both hands. Her movements are agonizingly pleasurable. In one moment, she rubs upon him perfectly like clockwork, and in another, her hands handle him clumsily, almost shyly. He can't tell if she lacks experience or has too much of it. But the sensation is undeniably intense. If this continues, he might just -

"Aaaahhh!" cries Vincent.

Suddenly, he feels whole body spasm for a moment, then relax. He feels like he can sleep peacefully now. Dreamlessly even. This feeling of calm, he can't compare it to anything else he can remember.

"Now do you feel better now?" asks Keine as she lets him go.

Vincent can barely nod as he slows his breathing. Her technique is amazing.

"That's great," she whispers. "I'm glad that I still remember how to perform a therapeutic palm massage. You now look calm enough for my technique."

"For... what..?" replies Vincent dreamily.

"It will only hurt for a second~" says Keine.

Suddenly, he feels something smash hard into his forehead. The sharp, searing pain quickly grows dim as he loses consciousness.

[ ] Under the cherry blossoms.
[ ] Under the crimson sunset.
[ ] Under the mountain rain.
[ ] Under the night sky.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15023
>>15022
Solves all problems apparently.

[+] Under the mountain rain.
>> No. 15024
[X] Under the night sky.
>> No. 15025
>>15022
[X] Under the mountain rain.
>> No. 15026
[x] Under the cherry blossoms.

That was hot.
>> No. 15027
[x] Under the cherry blossoms on a mountain top, at night, under a red moon, while it's raining.
>> No. 15028
[X] Under the mountain rain.
>> No. 15029
>>[x] Fall backwards.
>>Defensive reflex.
>>... And with any luck, she'll trip and land on top of us.

Damn it, Anonymous, you faggot! Why did this not happen?!
>> No. 15030
>>15029

Cause people didn't vote for it. Duh.
>> No. 15031
>>15030

Hence, "you faggot".
>> No. 15032
[ ] Under the crimson sunset.
>> No. 15033
[ze] Under the cherry blossoms.

Please say Youmu is still alive.
>> No. 15034
Calling it.
[X] Under the mountain rain.
>> No. 15035
Loading User Commands:
[X] Under the mountain rain.

---

"Hey Captain," says a distant voice. "Can you hear me?"

Vincent only grunts in reply. Too tired to get up. Too tired to open his eyes. Should just get back to sleep...

But she won't let him. She starts shaking him more vigorously.

"Wake up!" cries the voice. "Please tell me that you are alright! Please wake up!"

"Not so loud," mumbles Vincent.

He opens his eyes to see someone familiar looking over him. Her stature is small, not unlike a child, but her military uniform reminds him that she too is a soldier. She wears a worried expression upon her face as she watches him intently. He recognizes the girl immediately as his assigned back-up for this mission.

"Stop worrying, Chen," he says as he forces himself up. "It will take more than that to kill me."

"B-but you ordered me to retreat," says Chen. "By the time we got here, you passed out. I thought that you -"

"I was tired," replies Vincent. "Just... tired..."

He stands himself up, slowly and carefully. After verifying that he is uninjured, he turns back to the nekomata. A moment later, he walks up and pats her shoulder encouragingly.

"I am completely fine," says Vincent. "That last technique just took a lot out of me. You don't have to worry."

"Then why did you order a retreat?" argues Chen. "All of those beasts were killed, weren't they?"

"Shouldn't that be obvious?" he replies. "After an ambush like that, the unit is supposed to retreat and regroup before moving on. We weren't sure if those were the only enemies."

"I-I see," says the girl, looking away sadly. "I guess I should have figured that out..."

"Besides," says Vincent. "I didn't want to risk you getting hurt."

At those words, Chen turns a little pink. She looks quite cute like this. No, she looks very cute. Turning away quickly, Vincent manages to hide his face from her. He clears his throat, then he collect his thoughts before he speaks again.

"You are my back-up, after all," he says. "Headquarters would have my head if I lost a subordinate carelessly."

"Ah, of course," says Chen. "Of course, Sir."

...

The rain outside was pouring, and the full moon was out that evening. He would risk another ambush, especially in the element of the enemy, so he decided that they rest in the cave until sunrise. They managed to make a small fire to keep them warm. As long as it doesn't burn too brightly, it shouldn't alert the enemy.

Then, they spent a few minutes preparing their weapons and supplies. While unlikely, they must be ready for another attack. He won't leave such things to fate. After all, fate is often more cruel than kind.

Vincent looks out the entrance of the cave one last time before heading back inside. He pauses to double-check his back before sitting across the fire from Chen.

"We should have a few more hours before sunrise," he says. "You should get some rest."

"..."

The nekomata watches the fire intently, as if in deep thought. Then, she looks up at him with her deep orange eyes.

"Captain," whispers Chen. "Do you remember that promise?"

[ ] I remember.
[ ] I don't remember.
[ ] I don't care.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15036
>>15035
[X] "About the date at the summer festival I promised when you got out of training? Look, I already apologized for walking in on you like that a dozen times, and then there's this whole... is this really the right time to bring that up?"

Choices like this confuse and frustrate me, and this is what ends up happening.
>> No. 15037
[x] I remember.
>> No. 15038
[X] I remember.
>> No. 15039
[x] "About the date at the summer festival I promised when you got out of training? Look, I already apologized for walking in on you like that a dozen times, and then there's this whole... is this really the right time to bring that up?"

Hahaha
>> No. 15040
>>[ ] I don't care.

Whoever picks this is a bad person and should feel bad about it.

I'll go with the "lol" write-in.

[x] "About the date at the summer festival I promised when you got out of training? Look, I already apologized for walking in on you like that a dozen times, and then there's this whole... is this really the right time to bring that up?"
>> No. 15051
[x]"Remind me"
>> No. 15052
[ze] "About the date at the summer festival I promised when you got out of training? Look, I already apologized for walking in on you like that a dozen times, and then there's this whole... is this really the right time to bring that up?"
>> No. 15063
>>15036
:>
>> No. 15066
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

"Captain," whispers Chen. "Do you remember that promise?"

"Promise?" repeats Vincent slowly. "Hmm..."

He searches his memories carefully, but nothing specific comes to mind. But then again, they have known each other for years. Perhaps it was one of those things from the Academy days?

"About the date at the summer festival I promised when you got out of training? Look, I already apologized for walking in on you like that a dozen times, and then there's this whole... is this really the right time to bring that up?"

"..."

For several moments, Chen looks at him in shock. Then, she plants her palm upon her face, sighing heavily.

"Captain..that didn't even make half the sense that I'd half expect you to think you'd have when explaining yourself halfway, half of the time."

"Ahahaha... sorry about that," says Vincent sheepishly.

"Wait a minute," says Chen. "You walked in on me while I was changing? M-more than once?"

"Err... about that... I can explain -"

"P-pervert!" cries the girl. "Hmph!"

Chen turns around, her back facing him. Her arms are folded defensively, and she looks irritated. For several minutes, they stop talking to each other. Yep, she definitely looks angry. By the time she speaks again, Vincent has almost fallen asleep.

"It was right after Mom died," she whispers. "At the funeral, after everyone left, I thought that I was finally alone. I started crying. Then, you tapped me on the shoulder and said -"

"Don't cry," says Vincent. "I am with you."

"That's right," says Chen. "You said that you would protect me. You would be my big brother against the world."

"I remember," he whispers.

"And when I grew up, you would love me."

"I... W-what?"

"Yeah, silly isn't it?" whispers the girl. "I guess I still haven't grown up after all..."

"Chen, I -"

"Anyway, I better get some rest," interrupts Chen. "Good night, Captain."

Vincent examines his own thoughts in silence. Somehow, he knows that he promised something like that. But things aren't that simple. On the battlefield, the mission must come first. It's just good strategy. He loses track of time as various thoughts cross his mind. Finally, he comes up with an argument, but before he can tell her, he finds Chen already asleep.

"..."

They have a few hours to rest before sunrise.
[ ] Just go to sleep.
[ ] Watch over her quietly.
[ ] Cover her with your coat.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15070
[x] Just go to sleep.

I smell despair.
>> No. 15071
[X] Put your arm around her, and hold her close as you sleep.

I have a great love of holding other people while sleeping.
>> No. 15073
>>15071
[X] Put your arm around her, and hold her close as you sleep.

I share this love.
>> No. 15075
[x] Cover her with your coat.
[x] Stand guard outside. You can't sleep after that; you need time to think.
>> No. 15078
{X} Put your arm around her, and hold her close as you sleep.
>> No. 15079
[X] Put your arm around her, and hold her close as you sleep.
>> No. 15081
>>"It was right after Mom died," she whispers.
Aw, shit.
Now I feel like a bastard for choosing the "lol" write-in option...

Come to think of this, this isn't the first time this has happened, either. Remember when we ate that sweet roll for the lulz and made Chen cry?

I propose a new rule for this story: from now on, our relationship with Chen will be SERIOUS BUSINESS. Agreed?
>> No. 15082
>>15081

NO dicking around,
NO Chen h-scene,
Oneesan ONLY,
FINAL DESTINATION.
>> No. 15084
>>15081
Agreed. Let's start some drama shit first by raping her senseless.
>> No. 15087
[ze] Put your arm around her, and hold her close as you sleep.
>> No. 15089
>>15084
:<
>> No. 15090
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

Vincent sighs heavily at the sleeping girl. He should have noticed it earlier. After all this time, Chen still remembered that promise. He would be with her. He would protect her. He would be her big brother against the world. And when she grew up, he would love her.

He always saw Chen as his own little sister, even if they weren't related by blood. During their Academy days, he would watch over her, making sure that she was safe and happy. She was surprisingly popular when she arrived as a freshman. He still remembers how difficult it was to persuade certain vultures and crows to back off. Of course, he never interfered when she was approached by decent fellows. As the years passed, she grew up to be a strong, independent girl, though she still clinged to him whenever she had the chance.

Now that he thinks about it, Chen never mentioned having a boyfriend during the Academy days. In fact, she even refused his best friend - an overall nice guy, top of the class, and fairly handsome. He still remembers his buddy breaking out into tears when they went out drinking.

Chen is his little sister. There is no question about that. But does he love her? Does he love her in the way she wants him to? How does she really think about him? Even now, he can't find the answer in his heart.

"..."

No, this isn't the time to contemplate his feelings. They only have a few hours until sunrise. He can postpone his answer a little bit longer. Perhaps he needs some time to examine himself and think about what really matters. But that will have to wait.

For now, being her big brother is enough.

As he watches over her, Chen suddenly shivers in the cold. Vincent gets up and goes across the fire to her side. He immediately takes of his coat to cover her. The mountains are freezing at night, and the rain just makes it worse. In fact, the girl is still shivering.

Vincent pauses for a moment before sitting right beside her. Carefully, he lifts her head onto his lap so she can rest more comfortably. Then, he gently holds her hands in his own to warm them. After a few minutes, a tiny smile forms on Chen's lips.

"Brother..." she whispers.

...

"Bro... I mean, Captain!" cries Chen. "This way!"

"Wait up, damn it," mutters Vincent. "How the heck do you move so fast, anyway?"

"That's a secret~" she replies.

He hurries up after the girl, his sword at ready. While the sun is up, they have little to worry about from the beasts. This is their chance to hunt them. Fortunately, Chen has a talent for tracking. If her guess is right, they are almost at the main hive.

"Alright, what did you see?" he whispers.

"The tracks lead into that cave," replies Chen. "I think we found the beast's lair."

"Good work," says Vincent. "Now how shall we -"

"I'm going ahead," says the girl. "I can scout out the terrain and report the situation more quickly."

"Hey, w-wait -"

Before he can stop her, Chen, silent and swift, enters the beast's lair on her own. In moments, her blurry figure disappears into the darkness. Wait, did she just say that she is going in alone? That is too reckless! Why didn't she wait for his orders?

"D-damn it!" whispers Vincent.

[ ] Immediately follow after her into the cave. You can't let her go in there alone.
[ ] Patiently wait for her outside. Go inside if she doesn't return.
[ ] Leave her alone. Stupid girl.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 15091
[x] Immediately follow after her into the cave. You can't let her go in there alone.

It's a trap, I know it is. But it's the type you just have to fall into to keep the story going.
>> No. 15095
>>15084

ಠ_ಠ

As HY would say:

"I frowned hard at this."
>> No. 15096
[x] Immediately follow after her into the cave. You can't let her go in there alone.

There are enemies in the cave...
But are the feelings that make them try to stop us...
... stronger than our lust for doing perverted things to Chen?
NO
ABSOLUTELY
NOT
>> No. 15104
[x] Immediately follow after her into the cave. You can't let her go in there alone.

Chen route? Only if the good end involves a threesome with Ran too.
>> No. 15105
[ze] Immediately follow after her into the cave. You can't let her go in there alone.

ONCE MORE INTO THE BREACH
>> No. 15106
>>15095
I grinned hard. Then fapped harder.
>> No. 15110
Server reconnected at: >>15107
>> No. 15120
sage test
>> No. 15141
>>15084

Vincent sighs heavily at the sleeping girl. He should have noticed it earlier. After all this time, Chen still remembered that promise. He would be with her. He would protect her. And when she grew up, he would love her.

Chen is his little sister. There is no question about that. But does he love her? Does he love her in the way she wants him to? How does she really think about him?

As he watches over her, Chen suddenly shivers in the cold. Vincent gets up and goes across the fire to her side. He immediately takes of his coat to cover her. The mountains are freezing at night, and the rain just makes it worse. In fact, the girl is still shivering.

Vincent pauses for a moment before lying down beside her. Carefully, he tilts her head towards his. Then, he slowly and gently presses his warm lips against her cold ones, warming them. After he pulls away, a tiny smile forms on Chen's lips.

"Brother..." she whispers, snuggling her body into his.

Vincent freezes. This is dangerous, to be in this kind of situation just as he was considering his feelings for Chen. Even now, her leg is finding its way over his own and her tail is- wait, what?

"Vincent..." she whispers again, clinging to him. "Don't leave me... alone... again.."

Vincent grimaces,

Connection lost.

Reconnecting in 5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
Connection failed.

Reconnecting in 5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
Connection resolved.

"Aaaah... Brother... this is..." Chen gasps between moans, her ears twitching as Vincent presses his palms against her small breasts.

Vincent groans in response but says no words, Chen's tiny waist shuddering against his and inciting his arousal further.

"Mm!?" Chen yelps as she takes notice of the extra pressure at her hip, taking on a concerned expression betrayed in seriousness by the deep blush painting her cheeks. "We can't... Brother, I, I--"

"Chen. ... I can't stand it anymore. Whenever you're with me, my heart swells. Whenever we're apart, I can't wait until I see you again. ... I love you, Chen. I can't stop."

"Brother!" Chen looks ready to faint. "I-- Aaahnn!" Her body goes limp on top of Vincent's when she feels one of his hands slip under her skirt and across the front of

Connection lost.

Reconnecting in 5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
Connection failed.

Reconnecting in 5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
Connection failed.

Mik-OS could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address.
For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.
>> No. 15171
>>15141
Mildly amusing.