[Return]
Archived Thread
File 123491592311.jpg - (141.86KB, 850x895, yuyuko160.jpg) [iqdb]
14284 No. 14284
[X] Something about this is making Yuyu uncomfortable. Let's split.

***

"Excuse us, Miss... Mokou?" That sounds right. "It was nothing important at all. Sorry for bothering you; we'll just get out of your hair and come back some other time."

Yuyu visibly relaxes at your words, her grip on you slackening. Mokou, on the other hand raises herself up just enough to give you - or a space somewhere off three feet to the left of you - an incredulous stare.

"You sure," she hiccups, "princess?"

Her attempted mockery loses some of its bite when half-slurred, especially with her visibly struggling to maintain consciousness. Not wanting to force either Yuyu or yourself to linger any longer, you give her a polite nod. Giving it a second and thinking better of trusting her sight, you voice your affirmative politely as well.

"Yes. Sorry for the trouble."

"Kay." The white-haired woman allows her head to fall back down to the counter. "I'm... go... die... alcohol poisoning."

As the last, almost indecipherable words spill out of her mouth, she slides backward off the counter and collapses inside the hut, falling out of sight. An awkward silence persists for a minute or so, neither Yuyu nor you moving from your position. Eventually Yuyu takes a few cautious steps back, and takes nervously to the air.

The two of you remain silent as you leave the scene; Yuyu ventures higher into the air this time around, breaking through the fog of the bamboo forest, and leaving the two of you gliding over the forest's pointy roof rather than navigating through its myriad paths. The moon is clear in the sky up here, and the mist below you lends the scenery a very strange, but very pleasant atmosphere. The sheer size of the forest strikes you again - from way up here, you can see just how tall the bamboo really is, and each stalk towers at least two storey tall by your estimation.

"Yuyu?"

She turns an inquisitive gaze on you.

"Yes?"

"Mind if I ask what had you so nervous?"

Yuyu blinks, then giggles bashfully, dispelling the awkward air that had been about you. Floating lower, she sets foot atop a bamboo stalk that only just pokes through the mist, and releases you from her grip; you right yourself such that you're standing - if it can be called that - beside her. With a little hop, she moves from the tip of one bamboo stalk to the tip of another, playing a little game as she motions for you to follow her.

"It's a little silly, but that Mokou... oh, it's embarrassing!"

"Oh, come on." You lean close and tickle her a little as she attempts another hop, provoking a laugh as she slaps your hand away playfully. "Now I'm really curious."

"Well," she clasps her hands behind her, "she teases me!"

You blink, and can't help but let loose a disbelieving laugh. "She teases you?"

"Yes! I'm supposed to be doing the teasing, you know, and she goes and makes me as flustered as Youmu every time!" Yuyu turns suddenly, and gives you a mock-serious look, raising a finger as if in warning. "Plus, she's really scary!"

"Scary?" You drift idly in a circle around the stalk Yuyu has stopped on, and she turns about to keep her gaze on you.

"Yes! She's a super-scary immortal, who I can't do anything to! Just because I can't use my powers on her, she thinks she can get away with anything - she pulls all sorts of pranks, and says embarrassing things about me, and she even groped me once! Her teasing is so mean, I don't even want to think what she might try if she were drunk!"

Immortal? That's... not as shocking as it should be. Maybe Gensokyo is getting to you.

"So what you're really saying is that she can put you in your place?"

"So mean!" Yuyu leans forward and pushes you softly, flashing you a cute frown that quickly melts into a smile.

"Well, at least it's good to know that everything's okay. I was a little worried."

Yuyu laughs embarrassedly, her gaze wandering toward the moon for a moment. "I suppose I did overreact a bit," she turns back to you, a soft smile on her face, "but it's nice to know that you were worried about me."

Suddenly she's on top of you, her arms finding their way around your neck as she tackles you gently. As you drift backward in surprise, she darts in to plant a quick kiss on your nose.

"It's very sweet of you."

She settles down after that, resting herself softly against you, her head against your chest. Your own arms gently slide around her waist, completing your embrace. Yuyu sighs happily.

"Can we stay like this for a while?"

You don't waste any words on a reply, instead just tightening your hold on her. Holding her like this you don't just hear, but feel the heart-like pulse of her spirit in her chest, each beat seeming to reverberate in your own chest. You can feel her breathing, the steady but slight rise and fall of her chest. You can feel the faint warmth of her body against yours, the softness of her body, and every last curve of her. You can feel... her.

A long and comfortable silence ensues.

---

You're not sure how much time passes before Yuyu next speaks, but you wish on some level that it had been more; you don't want to let her go... not yet. When it comes, her voice is quiet and subdued, and almost reluctant to your ear. She tightens her hold on you momentarily, as if she doesn't want to let go just yet either. Your name escapes her first before a pause, and then...

"This has been wonderful." She looks up at you dreamily. "It really has."

"It has."

"One more place." She rests her head against your chest again. "One more place, and then... let's go home."

[ ] The magical forest sounds like a nice place to finish the night.

[ ] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.
>> No. 14285
[ ] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.
>> No. 14286
File 123491905947.jpg - (275.66KB, 800x600, aeb547ee86dffa34a817d7b72be231c3.jpg) [iqdb]
14286
[!/] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.

LAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE.
>> No. 14287
Huh, so no mansion? No master prank?

Fuck you Mokou.
>> No. 14288
[X] Lake

Maybe we'll find some spirits of some lost adventurers?
>> No. 14289
[x] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.

Damn, I'm glad leaving won. The hell were you people thinking?
>> No. 14290
[ ] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.
>> No. 14291
[X] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.
>> No. 14292
[X] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.

So, we missed out on Yuyu getting teased and looking all cute. I do believe the lot of you can go straight to hell.
>> No. 14293
[X] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.
>> No. 14294
>>14292
Mokou could barely even talk. It would've been terrible and awkward and ruined the mood for the rest of the night, except maybe on the off chance that somebody else came along.

If Mokou wasn't drunk out of her mind, yeah, that would have been adorable. And it would have been what Yuyuko expected when she suggested it (worth it for the food, I guess). It was just really bad timing.
>> No. 14295
[ ] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.

Once again, Anonymous finds his way to the dreaded lake. Only, this time, he's all to prepared for this fateful encounter.


YOU CAN'T KILL WHAT IS ALREADY DEAD, LAKE!!
>> No. 14296
[X] The magical forest sounds like a nice place to finish the night.

Goddamn it, Lake. How many more will you draw into your watery embrace?!
>> No. 14299
[x] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.

in before WuiG anon.
>> No. 14306
>>14299

But YWUiG Anon is really our soul
>> No. 14339
Bring teh Wriggle! We must lure Patchwork back to work! Pun intended of course.
>> No. 14340
>>14339
>>teh
No.

Also, Patchwork does Working for the Weekend in /forest/ during the weekend. Or, he would be if he wasn't so goddamned lazy.
>> No. 14365
File 123562978245.jpg - (20.10KB, 216x329, cirno052.jpg) [iqdb]
14365
A brief update.

***

[X] The great lake sounds fantastic as well.

***

"Alright. Let's stop by the lake then on the way home. I'm sure it will be lovely."

"It will," Yuyu coos, her eyes fluttering closed as she relaxes against you.

---

The lake was a wonderful idea.

In the blackness of the night, the vast expanse of water is a thick, dark blue, speckled with splashes of bright white where the moonlight plays off the gently rolling surface. The soft sound of the water lapping against the shore and the fresh smell of the lake soothe your nerves. Even the air seems to have taken on the refreshing cool of the water.

So pleasant.

A comfortable calm overtakes you as you sit there on the shore. Yuyu lies with her head in your lap, looking out over the water with half-lidded eyes as you run your fingers through her hair. She smiles up at you happily, then shuts her eyes and squirms into a more comfortable position.

You turn your attention back to the lake. From the lakeside you can spot a large red mansion - dyed a brown that reminds you of dried blood by the dark night - on an island in the middle of the lake, and another island far off in the distance that bears a mansion of its own and a fantastic field of wild flowers; come to think of it, the Prismriver mansion is north of the lake isn't it? Seems as though this place is host to several well-off individuals. You can certainly understand why - the lake is beautiful, and the area is so quiet and peaceful. Spacious, too, considering how enormous the lake is.

"Thinking?" Yuyu queries softly.

You shake your head.

"Not really. Just admiring the view. I am a little curious about those mansions, though."

"The red one in the center of the lake is the Scarlet Devil Mansion," Yuyu provides graciously. "Little Remilia lives there, along with her friends and family. They have their pride, and they misbehave from time to time, but they're all good people deep down, even if they won't admit it."

"Scarlet Devil? Sounds ominous."

"Well, Gensokyo is a very mellowing influence, but the past sticks with us," Yuyu replies wistfully. "She used to be quite the terror, apparently, but after coming here she calmed down. Yukari says that Reimu was a big part of it, but Remilia herself was beginning to settle down even before that. Kazami is a similar story."

"Kazami?"

"The other mansion, the one with the flower field, is the Kazami mansion. It belongs to the old flower youkai, Yuuka Kazami. She was quite wild ages ago, but Gensokyo and age have calmed her down quite a lot. As long as you're polite, she's a very nice person, if a bit kooky at times. She is a bit dangerous, but mind yourself around her and you'll be fine. It's nice to see her mansion is here tonight."

"It isn't usually?"

"It comes and goes," she says easily. "I'm not sure how it works, but her home is in a dream, apparently. She can come and go as she pleases, but the mansion itself seems to appear and disappear as it likes; it always shows up in her flower field, though."

Interesting. Gensokyo is so full of strange things.

"Would you like to visit one of them?" Yuyu looks up at you dreamily.

You look back at the two mansions; they both seem quite interesting. As you think it over, you watch the sky idly. Off in the distance a glittering blue figure darts through the sky, towing another figure along with it. The blue figure fumbles its companion at some point, and the second figure nearly falls into the lake before the blue figure swoops down and catches it. The scene is vaguely amusing, and draws to a close with the two figures flying off just as you decide to...

[ ] ... visit the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Sounds impressive.

[ [ ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.

[ ] ... visit the Prismriver Mansion instead. It might be nice to end the date with some music.

[ ] ... just head home. No need to share Yuyu's company with anyone else tonight.
>> No. 14366
[X] ... visit the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Sounds impressive.
[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
[X] ... visit the Prismriver Mansion instead. It might be nice to end the date with some music.
[X] ... just head home. No need to share Yuyu's company with anyone else tonight.
I like them all.
>> No. 14367
[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
>> No. 14368
[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
>> No. 14369
[X[ ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.

Mayhaps we can get our lovely Yuyuko some beautiful flowers to end the evening!
>> No. 14370
[X] ... visit the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Sounds impressive.
>> No. 14372
[X] ... just head home. No need to share Yuyu's company with anyone else tonight.

Though if we're bound and determined to go visit a mansion:
>[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
will be my choice. SDM is... eh, SDM. Yuuka is newish, and Prismrivers is NOT a good idea with Yuyu along
>> No. 14374
[X] ... visit the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Sounds impressive.
>> No. 14375
[~] ... visit the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Sounds impressive.
>> No. 14376
[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
>> No. 14377
[ [ ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
>> No. 14378
{X} ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
>> No. 14380
[x] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
>> No. 14381
[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.
>> No. 14383
File 123569426850.jpg - (824.54KB, 1218x1719, 123449186384.jpg) [iqdb]
14383
We shall play with her!
>> No. 14385
[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.

Yuuka is Loev!
>> No. 14398
File 12358108386.jpg - (111.03KB, 550x938, Elly.jpg) [iqdb]
14398
[X] ... visit the Kazami Mansion. It isn't always there, after all.

***

"I think I'd like to go see the Kazami Mansion. It sounds like a rare opportunity."

"Alright," Yuyu says as she sits up and stretches. A little smile spreads across her face. "I don't think I've ever called on Yuuka at her home before. It'll be fun."

Once the two of you have gotten to your feet and then into the air, it's a very short trip to reach the island housing the Kazami Mansion. As you close in on the island, the first thing to draw your attention is the sheer variety in the flowers that cover it; chrysanthemums, tulips, roses... those are just the ones you recognize, and each comes in more breeds and colors than you can count. You're not very well-versed in flowers, but you have to wonder if most of these should even be able to exist next to one another - several are bizarre or exotic, sporting fantastic patterns or petals larger than a man's head. It's quite a sight.

In comparison to the multitudinous flowers, the mansion itself is almost unimpressive. It has a very low-key aesthetic modeled after a subdued, less gaudy Victorian era building from Europe. While large compared to an average house, it is nonetheless not all that big - you might say it looks rather cozy for a mansion. Even the colors are mellow, mainly soft yellows and reds, neatly divided by tinted whites. The mild look of it is quite refreshing compared to that abrasive all-red affair across the lake.

As a final touch to the house's charm, it sits upon a small hill at the center of a field of sunflowers, by far the most proliferate of the plants on the island. A wall, neither too short nor too tall, and built of unpainted red bricks, encircles the sunflower field and mansion, separating them from the other plant life. While you could easily fly over the wall, a simply designed metal gate seems to be the preferred entrance, and it seems like it would be rude to ignore it.

"Halt, please!" A firm, womanly voice reaches your ears. As you and Yuyu draw near to the gate, a woman flies up from below to meet you, a large scythe visible in her hand. You almost tense up at the sight of the weapon before you remember that it's unlikely to be capable of really harming you in your current circumstances.

Once the woman draws level with you and Yuyu, her features become much more clear. A fair-skinned blond with eerily bright yellow eyes, her shoulder-length hair possesses quite a bit of volume and curls outwards neatly at the base. Her outfit is much simpler than most you have seen since coming to Gensokyo: her slim form is covered by a fairly plain dress in a deep, almost maroon shade of red, with a wide, shawl-like collar in a pink-tinted white. Her accessories are limited to a simple black ribbon that ties her collar shut, an equally simple black sash about her waist, and a wide-brimmed sunhat adorned with a ribbon the same color as her dress. Though she's a bit plain in appearance, she is still attractive in a modest, more conservative way. Rather than beautiful, pretty might be the right word for her.

What is it with Gensokyo and attractive women?

"You are approaching the mansion of Lady Kazami." The woman straightens, shifting her scythe into a more ready - though not overtly hostile - position. "I am the guardian of this house, Elly. Please state your business."

You and Yuyu share a glance with one another.

"I suppose we just wanted to visit the mansion." You offer lamely.

"We had hoped to pay Yuuka a visit, as well, and maybe share some tea." Yuyu chimes in happily.

Elly, you think it was, nods once as if in approval, but steels her gaze.

"Lady Kazami is currently preparing for sleep," she replies in a firm, but polite tone. "She is not to be disturbed at this time. I apologize, but I suggest the two you return at a later date."

You share another glance with Yuyu, this one significantly more disappointed. You had hoped to get to see the inside of the mansion, but it looks like that might be out of the question at the moment.

[ ] Nothing for it. It's a bit disappointing, but you might as well head home.

[ ] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.

***

>>14385

Yuuka is loev, but unfortunately it's bedtime for her. Shame, too, as I would have liked to write my own spin on her; I don't recall encountering another writefag with quite the same presentation of her. Oh well, at least she'll show up in WftW's next episode...

On the bright side, you were all just in time for Elly.
>> No. 14399
[X] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.
Holy shit, a patchwork update that didn't take three weeks to finish.
>> No. 14400
[ ] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.

Might as well enjoy the flowers.
>> No. 14401
{X} Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.
>> No. 14402
>>14398
>[another update]
My mind: IT KERPLODE!

[X] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.
[X] Ask Elly if anyone other than herself and Miss Yuuka live in the mansion.

She has a gate guard; who knows what else is in there.
>> No. 14403
[ ] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.
>> No. 14405
File 123584607680.jpg - (716.54KB, 1025x608, gatekeepers.jpg) [iqdb]
14405
[x] Hang out with Elly.

GATE GUARD MOE
>> No. 14406
[ ] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.

What? No youkai moe'? This makes me sad.
>> No. 14407
Well, that's twice in a row we've failed to make it to our actual destination.
>> No. 14408
[ ] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.
>> No. 14423
[X] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.
>> No. 14424
>>14407
Can't say it doesn't at least make sense, in a way.
After all, when else would you expect a youkai associated with flowers to go to sleep?
>> No. 14426
>"Lady Kazami is currently preparing for sleep,"
This means it would be pink-pajamas-Yuuka.
I'm really sad we can't see how Patchwork would write that.
>> No. 14427
[ ] Nothing for it. It's a bit disappointing, but you might as well head home.

I don't know about any of you, but I'd like to see more of Youmu sometime in the next year.
>> No. 14443
Phew!

Sorry for the lack of updates this week - I had actually intended to update earlier and pick up the pace, but college decided to dump a load of work on me. The next update is partially finished, so there will definitely be an update tomorrow; I'll try for more than one, as we're closing in on the end, and railroading will take up a large portion of what's to come.
>> No. 14450
Hooray!?
>> No. 14468
File 123647727557.jpg - (69.54KB, 429x600, CombatElly.jpg) [iqdb]
14468
[X] Hang around out here for a while. Even if you can't get inside the mansion, the island itself could prove interesting.

***

You may not be able to enter the mansion, but it still interests you. The whole island is interesting, for that matter.

"Mind if we stay a little longer, Yuyu?"

Yuyu shakes her head and smiles at you. "Of course not."

You smile back at her briefly, then return your attention to the gate guard. Elly bears an unreadable countenance at the moment, but it seems to be fluctuating for some reason. You and Yuyu drift forward a small ways, and Elly tenses in response, gripping her scythe tightly and shifting her stance. Approaching her when she's that tense may not be the best of ideas, so you only close enough to let yourself speak more easily with her.

"Excuse me, Miss Elly?"

"Yes?" She tries to keep her tone civil, but she maintains her defensive form.

"I understand that we are not allowed into the mansion while its mistress is preparing to sleep, but would it be a bother if we took a look about the island?"

"Pardon?" Elly gapes at you in surprise, her tense stance weakening considerably. "You mean you're not going to force your way in?"

... what?

"Er, no?"

"Thank goodness!" Elly looses a loud sigh of relief, finally relaxing her posture. All the anxiety drains out of her voice, replaced by a friendly, albeit somewhat exhausted, tone. "I was frightened that you would try to fight me to get by. This world is filled with so many violent people; I should have expected it, after all, the first people from this world that I met were the red-white, and the black-white humans, and they barged their way in so callously that time!"

"Is that so?" Elly's sudden loquaciousness takes you a bit by surprise, and it's hard to find the right response. You finally settle for a somewhat lame, "that sounds troublesome."

"It really is terrible, and it's only gotten worse since the mistress started visiting this world more frequently. It was bad enough the first time, when those two fought their way through, but now whenever someone has a complaint they do the same; sometimes they fight me even when they have an appointment! It's appalling! Nobody even fights properly anymore! Everyone is expected to follow these newfangled "spell card rules;" I try as best as I can to keep people out, but I just can't get the hang of this danmaku thing. If we could just fight it out properly, like we did back in the day, I know I could keep more people out!"

The gate guard droops her shoulders dejectedly. You search for something to say, but before you can speak she suddenly straightens. A highly visible redness tints her cheeks, and she covers her mouth with her hand in an embarrassed display.

"I'm sorry, where have my manners gone? Just listen to me go on! Terribly sorry, terribly sorry... come, you two, you wanted to explore the island a bit, yes? Let's go down to the land, shall we? Really, look at me making you two fly about out here..."

The apologetic woman makes a gesture for you and Yuyu to follow her down to the ground; the two of you oblige her, but... was this really the best idea?

---

Unsurprisingly, it turns out that Elly is quite the talker.

It was a little jarring and difficult to keep up with at first, but as you spent more time with her it became easier to keep up with her. Her ease at speaking meant that she handled most of the conversation on her own, which may have been irritating if she weren't also rather considerate; you had expressed an interest in the island and the mansion, and she always came back to explaining the two, despite her occasional tangents. She had even rung for a maid from the house - a blond girl in a blue and white French maid uniform - to bring some tea and chairs out for you and Yuyu while you listened to her.

According to the chatty woman, this island was something of a second home for the mistress - the mansion that resided here was located on a similar island when it phased into the dream world. Apparently the mistress was a flower youkai, and the wild assortment of flora that blanketed the island had been brought there by her and were sustained on her power - this was apparently one of the reasons that the mistress had begun spending more time in Gensokyo; evidently the flowers on her island in the dream world required less maintenance due to the nature of the dream world itself. Elly quite helpfully warned you against taking any flowers from the island - the mistress would know, evidently.

The mansion itself sounded quite intriguing, and it only made you further disappointed that you couldn't enter at the moment. It had been easy to construct despite its size, again as a result of how the dream world operates. Its most noteworthy feature is evidently that the inside at times does not reflect the outside appearance - the interior is capable of rearranging, expanding, and even changing in physical composition and appearance, based entirely on the mood of the inhabitants. Some of the appearances it had apparently taken on in the past sounded fascinating when Elly described them.

Despite Elly's propensity for speech, eventually she exhausts the topic at hand. It's just as well, as by the she's done you and Yuyu must have been listening for nearly an hour. It really is about time to get back home by now, and you can't help but notice the sleepiness overtaking Yuyu. You gently shake Yuyu by her shoulder to rouse her, and the two of you rise, setting your teacups on your chairs as you do. Elly straightens up and gives you a sad smile.

"On your way already?"

You nod. "I'm afraid so. We need to be getting home now."

Yuyu nods before resting her head on your shoulder. She takes your hand and speaks. "We need to be getting back for Youmu's sake - the poor girl won't let herself get to sleep until I do, and she worries herself whenever I'm out."

"I see." Elly smiles a little more brightly. "Take care, then. Sorry again that I couldn't give you a tour, but I really can't risk waking the mistress. She's a terrible grouch when her sleep is disturbed, don't you know. Absolutely terrifying." She whispers the last point as though it were a juicy piece of gossip.

"Sounds just like Yukari." Yuyu laughs.

The three of you exchange your last friendly goodbyes, and you and Yuyu take to the sky as Elly rings for the maid to take care of the chairs and cups left behind. It isn't long before you and Yuyu have breached the clouds, putting the world below out of sight entirely.
>> No. 14469
File 123647730978.jpg - (153.40KB, 563x800, OhYoumu.jpg) [iqdb]
14469
---

You're not sure what time it is when you finally step through the door of the manor back at Hakugyokuro, but you know it's quite late; even so, you're not surprised when Yuyu's prediction comes true, and Youmu comes out to greet the two of you. She begins to greet you, but Yuyu cuts her off.

"Hello, honey. Your parents are home. Were you a good girl for Aunt Yukari while we were out?"

Youmu seems to restrain a sigh at those words, apparently having expected them.

"With respect, Miss Yuyuko, it is more as though I were supervising Miss Yukari than the reverse. I am still contending with the mess she created in your absence."

Yuyu laughs warmly, and gives the gardener a broad smile.

"In that case, consider it training for the future. You'll be more prepared to take care of children when your own roll around."

Youmu blushes slightly but refrains from commenting, instead wisely shifting the conversation away from the topic before it can be discussed any further.

"At any rate, I still have work to do. Miss Yukari procured a supply of cosmetics at one point, and the results have been particularly... destructive." As she says that, you notice subtle differences from her usual appearance in her face. Apparently part of the "destruction" Yukari caused involved applying make-up to Youmu at some point. At least she did a good job. "I have been considerably dirtied by all this work, and I intend to bathe after I have finished. Will you be bathing tonight yourself, Miss Yuyuko? If you intend to bathe, I will prepare some tea to bring you when I go to bathe."

Yuyu looks up at you from her position at your side, still holding to your arm.

[ ] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.

[ ] No need for that tonight. Just head to bed.
>> No. 14470
Sorry for the delay. Between the boards crapping out last night, and shelving being put into the only room in the house with an Internet connection, well... I was delayed. At any rate, next update hopefully on Monday.
>> No. 14472
[ ] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.
>> No. 14474
[ ] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.

in b4 the grease copypasta
>> No. 14478
[X] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.
>> No. 14491
[X] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.
>> No. 14493
[ ] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.

You have to take a bath.
You have to take a bath.
Can't you feel it? During the night, while you slept, it came upon you. Grease. Grease, on every centimeter of your skin, from your fingertips to your face. Touch your cheek, quickly now—quickly! Surely you feel it now, how slippery, how utterly vile it has become. Everywhere. Everywhere.
>> No. 14496
[x] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.
>> No. 14505
[ ] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.
>> No. 14506
File 123657238557.jpg - (164.56KB, 645x768, marisa - evolution.jpg) [iqdb]
14506
I should have expected it, after all, the first people from this world that I met were the red-white, and the purple humans, and they barged their way in so callously that time!"

fixed
>> No. 14512
>>14493
asdfghj
>> No. 14520
>>14506

What? Marisa is evolving!
>> No. 14522
File 12366496224.jpg - (47.62KB, 350x450, sexyyuyu001.jpg) [iqdb]
14522
[X] Why break tradition? A little soak will be the perfect way to end the night.

***

You nod slightly, giving Yuyu a smile. When you speak, your voice comes in a quiet murmur. "I think a soak would be nice."

"Somehow, I'm not surprised," Yuyu chuckles just as quietly, but she sounds pleased. "Very well," she raises her voice to a more audible level to address Youmu, "I believe that both of us will bathe before sleep. It might be a bit more work, but I think we'd both appreciate that tea."

"Both of you?" Youmu reddens slightly, clearly surprised. She catches herself quickly, and clears her throat. "I see. Very well, I shall prepare enough tea for all of us when I have finished the cleaning. Excuse me." With those words, she shuffles off down one hallway, returning to her work.

"Well then, shall we?" Yuyu looks back up at you, and you give her a relaxed nod.

The two of you drift your way through the building, out to the familiar springs in the back. Somewhere along the way your clothes are dismissed; you're not sure when, and it doesn't really matter at the moment, anyway. Before you know it, the two of you are settling into the comfortably hot water of the springs, your backs to the usual large stone over which you drape your towels.

An agreeable, restful silence settles in as the two of you watch the stars and moon through the wispy haze of steam. The soothing burn of the water is almost enough to put you to sleep, drawing out a tiredness from within you that you had not even been aware of. A leisurely glance to the side reveals that it must be much the same for Yuyu, whose eyes drift almost shut as she rests at your side; eventually her eyes finally do shut, and she allows herself to fall limply against you. You slip an arm around her shoulders to support her, and turn your attention back to the night sky.

A few minutes later, Yuyu's face fills your vision, the light of her eyes glowing soft and gentle. You feel her settle into your lap, her body pressing against yours.

"Hey." Your arms wrap around her waist.

"Hey." Her arms wrap around your shoulders.

You blow a stray hair out of your face. "I thought you were sleeping for a moment."

Her soft pink locks sway imperceptibly as she shakes her head. "No. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"My answer. I finally have one for you. A good one, I think." One hand finds its way to your face, gently brushing your cheek. "You... know that I'm not in love with you?"

"Yes." It hurts to think about, but--

Her hand finds its way to your hair, works its way in. Leaning in close, she plants a tender, almost chaste kiss on your lips. "Even though I'm not in love with you... you're the sort of person I could fall in love with."

Your mouth goes dry, you fumble for words. "Yuyu?"

Another soft kiss. "Today, last night... you go so far for me. I won't go any less distance for you. If you love me, then I'm willing... no, I want to give this a chance, to give us a chance, because I know that I could come to love you just as much as you love me. Easily."

She moves ever so slightly, and you are suddenly aware that beneath the waters around you, she's poised herself for you. The familiar sensation of her lower lips slowly parting, allowing you entrance into her causes you to gasp.

"Yu--"

She hushes you, placing a single elegant finger to your lips, leaving only the sound of her quickening breaths as she mounts you. Its agonizing how gradually she envelops you, but you allow her to keep the pace she wants. That she's doing this is...

Bated breaths escape you both when at last she takes you completely inside of her. She goes almost limp in your arms, collapsing against you with a blissful sigh. There is no further movement, and that's fine; the only things that matter are the two of you, and the total joining you share at this very moment. You sit there, Yuyu held lovingly in your arms, content to bask in the feeling of her all around you.

"Yuyu..."

"Feels wonderful..." Her breathless whisper tickles your ear and sends a shiver down your spine. Gathering her senses, she raises her head enough to look you in the eyes, bringing her forehead to rest against your own. Her legs wrap about your waist, capturing you in her full embrace, and a smile spreads across her face.

Slowly she begins to move her hips, building a steady, but moderate rhythm. The hot water makes the motions feel surreal and dream-like, lends a smoothness to the friction, but the primal familiarity of being drawn in and out of her is as strong as ever. You, too, begin to move, delving calmly into her whenever she draws close, matching her rhythm stroke for stroke.

The pace never speeds past this measured tempo, never draws you into the senseless passion of mere physical need; this is something else, and something that you want not for yourself, but for her. You can feel her shift, grind, probe for what maximizes the sensation for you, even as you do the same for her. You close your eyes, let the distractions fade away. The only thing you need to feel is her - how she shudders under your movements, how her breaths falter, how the gasps leave her trembling body in changing volume. At last you find the perfect rhythm, the one that leaves her gasping loudly, sends tremors through her, punctuates her movements perfectly. She's done the same for you, her walls grasping you just tight enough, her pace never leaving you parted from her too long or too briefly, the sheer magnitude of it all leaving you just as breathless as her.

It seems to last an eternity until at last you feel her walls tighten around you like a vice. An overwhelmed whimper escapes her as she peaks, and the sudden break of your rhythm brings you to the brink. A hot pressure wells up in you. Your eyes blink open, and you stare into Yuyu's own unfocused eyes.

"Yuyu, I..." The words come out strained, weakened by all your efforts being placed into holding out for her just a little longer.

"I know." Her arms, her legs, she tightens her embrace of you until you couldn't possibly be closer, and drawing you as deep as possible into her. "Please..."

With that supplication, you let go. The pressure comes spilling out in a hot torrent, sending several pulses of your seed into your lover. Yuyu inhales sharply as the fluid enters her, her eyes tearing slightly in rapture, until the air leaves her in a loud gasp as the last of your essence fills her. All the energy flees her, and she collapses against you; just as exhausted, you slump back against the rock behind you, allowing Yuyu to lay atop you with impunity.

So spent are you that you are reduced to ragged panting. This... it's never been like this before... it...

"Yuyu, that was... I..." You search futilely for words, your mind blanking.

"I know, I... I've never done it like that, I..." She seems just as speechless as you. The two of you lapse into quiet, the only sound being the sound of your labored breaths.

"I love you." You manage after some time.

"I know," Yuyu replies blissfully, "and I care so much for you right now that I... I don't even know how to say it."

The two of you lay together for some time longer, Yuyu finding the strength to hold you once again, and you finding the energy to run your hand through her hair, and to drape an arm lazily over her waist. There's no need for words right now, just for closeness.

As you idle, a thought occurs.

"Yuyu?"

Your love hums questioningly.

"Wasn't Youmu due in here with the tea at some point?"
>> No. 14523
File 123664974420.jpg - (207.32KB, 500x600, yuyuko256.jpg) [iqdb]
14523
Splish!

You turn your head weakly to the side, and Yuyu follows suit. Sure enough, Youmu is standing stock still in the water, a slightly tilted tray in her hands; the second of three teacups is sliding ever-so-slowly towards the edge the first fell off of. So shocked is Youmu that she fails to register her current display of nudity, the towel she must once have been clad in now floating aimlessly along the water's surface. Myon, similarly naked, stands next to her, positively radiant with scarlet.

That's... not good.

"Yo--"

Youmu glows a bright red, jumps, fumbles the tray while spouting a long string of gibberish, spins around, then runs toward the exit, tripping and tumbling her way out. Myon, on the other hand, just slowly falls over, sinking beneath the surface of the spring without so much as a noise.

You look to Yuyu.

Yuyu looks to you.

Sigh.

---

In the end, you and your love could do little more than fish Myon out of the water and leave her outside Youmu's room. As much as you would like to resolve all this, you have to agree that it's something best tackled another day. If you try explaining it now, you'll just fluster Youmu further.

Despite the need to work that out at some point, you feel unreasonably good about yourself tonight. You take a look to your side, where Yuyu has snuggled up to you underneath the sheets; even with that little commotion, Yuyu really was tired, and she fell asleep almost as soon as the two of you were in bed. Here she is, though, right at your side, and she's giving you a chance to have her stay at your side.

You pull her closer and and get ready to sleep. In the morning, she'll be the first thing you see.

---

The smell of fresh grass floods your senses, and your eyes blink open to see the black expanse of sky above. It is almost as though nothing is different for a moment, but then you see it: the light of a blue sky creeps down through cracks in the northeastern sky. When you turn your eyes toward the land upon which the monstrous tree ought to stand, you are taken by surprise.

Far in the distance, the black sky has given way to a brilliant blue sky. The titanic tree, barren of leaves, looks striking; all around it the once dead smaller trees are now in bloom, scattering cherry blossoms to the wind. It's a perfect picture of... Hakugyokuro, with the marshes alive and in bloom.

Most striking of all, however, is the faint figure you spot in the distance. Perched atop a branch on the deadened tree is a gorgeous woman in blue, her long pink hair streaming in the wind. You can't see from here, but from the peace she radiates, she must be wearing a smile.

Yuyu...

You reach out, only to find that your hand is repulsed by a strange force. It seems as though you can't travel in that direction anymore.

[ ] Cherry Tree Forest

[ ] Ruined Mansion

[ ] Shadowed Town

[ ] Decaying Town

[ ] Deep Forest

[ ] Spider Lily River

[ ] Spider Lily Court

[ ] Black Sky
>> No. 14524
So, yeah, guys... uh, tell me if this scene seems totally wrong. I feel really weird today, and it's throwing off my perceptions a lot - I can't really tell whether or not I'm satisfied with my writing.

I need sleep or something.
>> No. 14526
>>14524

Seemed fine to me.
>> No. 14528
[ ] Black Sky

Since we didn't choose these options before, does that mean we missed certain scenes? Or does it just mean we essentially "continue" or start up a dream sequence?
>> No. 14529
>>14524
A couple minor things felt off. One, diction choices early on:
>The soothing burn of the water is almost enough to put you to sleep
>and she allows herself to fall limply against you.
'Burn' and 'fall limply' are understandable yet peculiar choices. All things considered, 'heat' and 'slump' (or 'lean') would've fit the scene better. Burn entails pain, while heat is a more encompassing term, and falling limply imparts an impression of exhaustion or resignation rather than pensiveness or being lost in thought.
Second, where did our erection come from? I mean, I know where mine came from, but ghost anon went from relaxed to rock steady in a couple sentences. Not that I can't empathize, and maybe I can chalk it up to ectoplasmic anatomy, but a little build up would have been appreciated.

Try to find criticism more petty than that and I'll buy ya a Dr. Pepper.

That said, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>[ ] Shadowed Town
>[ ] Deep Forest

One of these is Yukari and I don't know which. Taking a stab...

[X] Shadowed Town
>> No. 14530
>>14524
It seemed more than fine. A healthy mix of Yuyu relations, both physical and emotional, story progression, and delicious Youmu. It's good to see you back in your groove.

[X] Ruined Mansion
If this represents who I really can't see it not being, we do owe them a visit. Perhaps a little dreaming will remind us.
>> No. 14531
[ ] Cherry Tree Forest

Youmu~
>> No. 14533
[X] Cherry Tree Forest
>> No. 14534
[X] Ruined Mansion
>> No. 14535
[x] Cherry Tree Forest

might help us deal with the situation tomorrow
>> No. 14537
[x] Black Sky

Oh why the hell not.
And your writing's fine.
>> No. 14540
[X] Cherry Tree Forest
>> No. 14541
Wonderful writing! I really liked the sex scene.... Seemed rather romantic, you know?

[X] Spider Lily Court
>> No. 14542
[X] Black Sky

There's a storm coming in...
>> No. 14543
[x] Cherry Tree Forest

>>14535
This.
>> No. 14545
[X] Ruined Mansion
>> No. 14546
[x] Cherry Tree Forest
>> No. 14547
[x] Cherry Tree Forest

I am quite fond of your story, Patchwork~ I think I've said it before, but it is worth repeating.
>> No. 14571
[x] Black Sky

Curious.
>> No. 14586
[X] Dark Sky
No wait, this isn't the animatrix.

[x] Black Sky
>> No. 14590
File 123684654061.jpg - (176.27KB, 1069x638, oops.jpg) [iqdb]
14590
[x] Cherry Tree Forest

It's like walking in on your parents in bed.

Poor Youmu.
>> No. 14603
File 123692295732.jpg - (31.91KB, 300x300, youmu455.jpg) [iqdb]
14603
Sorry for the lack of updates. I had two eight-page papers to write this week, among other assignments. I'm looking clear now, though, so more updates tomorrow.

This update is just the dream sequence, but there won't be another choice for some time (if at all), and I still owe you some updates. Hopefully this will tide you over until tomorrow.

And leave you sad.

***

[X] Cherry Tree Forest

***

Turn to the brilliant pink hues of the forest, and drift measuredly toward the mass of trees. The odor of fresh grass gives way to the smell of cherry blossoms, an aroma that here is many times more intense than it ought to be, so much so that it is almost sickeningly overpowering. Push through the scent and dive into the labyrinth of trees, and find that the maze is nothing to you. You know every turn, know every twist, know where you need to be.

Clicks, clacks, clatters fill your ears. Indistinct voices, and wet thumps.

Emerge from the woody walls, burst into a clearing covered by a canopy of pink. Two figures, in greens and whites, stand opposite one another. One is old, male, with graying hair and a stern scowl, and a wooden sword held firmly in one hand. The other is... small, young, barely a child; her tiny body is littered with bruises and red swellings, and she whimpers pitifully as she struggles with the wooden sword in her hands, the implement far too large for her. Blue eyes are ringed in dried tears and reddened skin, short silver hair is a matted mess.

A wordless cry.

She moves.

She's fast.

Not fast enough.

A sickening, disgusting thwack as the wood slams down on her back, sending her to the floor. She bounces once on impact, drops her sword, tries to cry out but is silenced by the loss of her breath. She crumples, whimpers, curls herself up, tears dripping from her eyes. She lays still.

"Get up."

A tremble. She shakes her head, her voice spilling out in a sob.

"No... it hurts..."

"Get up!"

A harsher blow smashes into her back, drawing a pained shriek from her. With shaky hands she retrieves her training blade. She raises shakily to her feet, her breath laboring, and her steps faltering as she returns to her position on the other sisde of the clearing. Once again, she assumes a sloppy, agonized stance. Once again she charges. Once again she is batted aside.

Again, and again, and again.

Distressed and stricken shouts, sobs and pleading for it to stop. The brutal sound of wood impacting flesh. Eyes cried dry of tears.

You can't watch this anymore.

---
>> No. 14604
>>14590

By the by, I love this. Saved.
>> No. 14615
>>14603

Eurgh.
owwwwwwwwwwwww...

And did the board eat the other half?
>> No. 14617
Youki's a dick.
>> No. 14618
File 123698613675.jpg - (74.73KB, 700x484, 43205.jpg) [iqdb]
14618
>>14603
Deja vu all over again, man.
>> No. 14622
File 123701551769.jpg - (239.96KB, 800x1132, PeacefulYuyu.jpg) [iqdb]
14622
You awaken to hot tears in your eyes, and the sensation of something being caught in your throat. Blinking the wetness away, you cast about for... right, Yuyu is in your arms. Thank goodness. You tighten your hold on her, drawing her as close as possible. It's comforting to hold her after seeing...

No, you don't really want to think about that dream right now.

A calm gradually suffuses you as you embrace your love, until, by the time she wakes, the tears have stopped and the lump in your throat has been replaced by dull ache. Still, the contented smile Yuyu wears when she first rouses quickly melts into an expression of concern when she looks up at you. One of her hands finds its way to your face and brushes your cheek softly.

"Are you alright? Have you been crying."

Her touch is soothing, and it washes the bulk of your remaining melancholy away. You smile, and take her hand with a gentle squeeze.

"I'm fine. I just had a bad dream."

Yuyu nods, but still appears worried.

"You're sure?"

"Yes, although," you admit, "I think I would feel a little better if we saw Youmu. In my dream, she--"

Yuyu hushes you, placing a small kiss on your lips.

"We'll see her first thing."

Comforted, you're satisfied to lie there in her arms for a little while longer. At long last, the two of you sit up, disentangle yourselves from the sheets, and stretch your limbs. You get a nice look at Yuyu when she stretches, and even though you've had more exquisite views of her, you can't get over just how beautiful she is.

She lets out a surprised exclamation as you tackle her into another hug, sending both of you back down onto the mattress. A fit of giggles escapes her as you snuggle and cuddle her, and she swats playfully at you. When you finally remove your head from the crook of her neck, she leans in and rubs her nose against yours.

"What was that?" She asks mirthfully.

"Love you~."

Another fit of giggles escapes her, and she returns your snuggles, resulting in the two of you rolling around on the mattress in a little ball of hugs and kisses. "You're silly." She proclaims happily once the two of you come to a rest, with her lying atop you. As you come down from your brief rush, Yuyu adopts a slightly more serious expression.

"There's something very important I need to do today, so I'm going to be heading out after breakfast. Would you like to accompany me?"

"Of course." You don't even have to think about your answer.

"I thought as much." She smiles broadly.

The two of you lapse into silence briefly, staring into eachother's eyes. Yuyu kisses you softly. Then again. And again, and again. Soon she's peppering your lips with light pecks, one after the other. No complaints on your end.

"Yuyu?" It does surprise you a bit when you feel her hand slip under your clothes and brush a certain part of your anatomy.

"Sorry," Yuyu chuckles bashfully. "You should know I have a large appetite already, and... well, it doesn't just apply to food." Her cheeks redden, and she looks genuinely embarrassed. "We're going to be together, so you'll find me making all sorts of excuses."

"What's today's?" You ask, amused.

"It'll be a good luck charm for the rest of the day." Yuyu gives you a wink.

Good enough for you.

Before too long the clothes are off, and the two of you are making love once again.

---

You feel fantastic.

After your little bout of morning fun with Yuyu, the two of you swept out of the room and almost danced into the dining room. True to her word, Yuyu called on Youmu to make breakfast, and hadn't let her get away at all. The poor gardener was a bit stiff throughout the meal, eating her portion almost mechanically, and visibly uncomfortable. But at least she hasn't fled the room, obedient to Yuyu's orders.

Once the two of you have finished your little feast - a process made rather extended by a newly found penchant for playful teasing and exchanging lovey-dovey talk during the meal - Yuyu is quick to excuse herself to the kitchen to prepare some snacks for today's trip, perhaps sensing that your earlier concern for Youmu is something best left to you; you have no doubt she'll step in if necessary, though, and it's reassuring. She leaves you with a kiss on the cheek, practically skipping out of the room.

That leaves you with a wooden looking Youmu, who seems to be trying her best to keep her eyes averted from you. How to handle this?

[ ] Write-in.

***

And here's the rest of it. Sorry again for taking so long. I'm trying to get back into form, but bad habits die hard.

>>14617

Yeah, he kind of was. It caused a lot of problems, in fact. But that's a story for another playthrough.
>> No. 14624
[ ] "Youmu, does it not feel good to see the princess so happy? As her friend, if not as her servant? Or does it feel as if the guest is stealing her away from you?"
[ ] "Yuyu and I will be out for the day again. Of course, you'll have free run of the grounds. If you throw any parties, just make sure nothing gets broken."
[ ] "Forgive me for asking you something like this out of the blue, but what kind of relationship did you have with your father? 'Youki' was it?"
[ ] If she asks why you want to know, tell her that you have visions of others' memories in your dreams sometimes, and you saw some involving her and Youki that concerned you.

In Gensokyo powers like this are the order of the day, so you shouldn't have too much trouble in getting her to believe you.
>> No. 14627
[ ] "Youmu, does it not feel good to see the princess so happy? As her friend, if not as her servant? Or does it feel as if the guest is stealing her away from you?"
[ ] "Yuyu and I will be out for the day again. Of course, you'll have free run of the grounds. If you throw any parties, just make sure nothing gets broken."
[ ] "Forgive me for asking you something like this out of the blue, but what kind of relationship did you have with your father? 'Youki' was it?"
[ ] If she asks why you want to know, tell her that you have visions of others' memories in your dreams sometimes, and you saw some involving her and Youki that concerned you.
eh ok
>> No. 14628
That is really blunt and completely out of character. It's just going to backfire anyway - there's no way you can bring that dream up while she's still distressed about something else entirely.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure bringing up the dream is a good idea at all. What purpose would it serve?
>> No. 14629
[X] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[X] Force her to go anyway.
[X] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
[X] Hold it for a moment and laugh it off: "Kidding, kidding. You can't take stuff like that so seriously. Besides, Yuyu refuses to share. But seriously, I'm sorry about last night. That must have been awkward for you, to say the least. Is that still bothering you, or...?"

I can't help but tease Youmu. Too much time with Yuyuko I think. Finishing up with an open ended question because we've been burnt putting words in her mouth before. I've a notion Youmu isn't keen on having her mistress stolen away/acting weird and not liker herself/latent relationship issues due to Youki, but forcing such speculation is unneccessary.
>> No. 14631
[X] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[X] Force her to go anyway.
[X] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
[X] Hold it for a moment and laugh it off: "Kidding, kidding. You can't take stuff like that so seriously. Besides, Yuyu refuses to share. But seriously, I'm sorry about last night. That must have been awkward for you, to say the least. Is that still bothering you, or...?"
>> No. 14632
[x] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[x] Force her to go anyway.
[x] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
[x] Hold it for a moment and laugh it off: "Kidding, kidding. You can't take stuff like that so seriously. Besides, Yuyu refuses to share. But seriously, I'm sorry about last night. That must have been awkward for you, to say the least. Is that still bothering you, or...?"
>> No. 14633
[X] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[X] Force her to go anyway.
[X] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
>> No. 14634
[x] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[x] Force her to go anyway.
[x] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
[x] Hold it for a moment and laugh it off: "Kidding, kidding. You can't take stuff like that so seriously. Besides, Yuyu refuses to share. But seriously, I'm sorry about last night. That must have been awkward for you, to say the least. Is that still bothering you, or...?"
>> No. 14635
[X] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[X] Force her to go anyway.
[X] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
[X] Hold it for a moment and laugh it off: "Kidding, kidding. You can't take stuff like that so seriously. Besides, Yuyu refuses to share. But seriously, I'm sorry about last night. That must have been awkward for you, to say the least. Is that still bothering you, or...?"
>> No. 14670
[x] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[x] Force her to go anyway.
[x] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
[x] Hold it for a moment and laugh it off: "Kidding, kidding. You can't take stuff like that so seriously. Besides, Yuyu refuses to share. But seriously, I'm sorry about last night. That must have been awkward for you, to say the least. Is that still bothering you, or...?"
>> No. 14702
File 12373663058.png - (26.66KB, 500x500, MachiMachi.png) [iqdb]
14702
[X] "Youmu, would you like to join me for a quick walk?"
[X] Force her to go anyway.
[X] After a bit, stop, hands on her shoulders, eye-contact, and in a stern voice: "Youmu, about last night, I... I was very disappointed in you. Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. Listen, if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."
[X] Hold it for a moment and laugh it off: "Kidding, kidding. You can't take stuff like that so seriously. Besides, Yuyu refuses to share. But seriously, I'm sorry about last night. That must have been awkward for you, to say the least. Is that still bothering you, or...?"

***

Artlessly sounds good.

"Youmu," you offer, "would you like to join me for a quick walk?"

"I would prefer to remain here." The girl replies curtly, her eyes trained firmly on the table.

Okay, not the best response you could have gotten, but you can work with this. And by work with this, you mean ignore it entirely and drag her along just as if she had responded in the affirmative.

"Alright, we'll come right back here when we're done."

A quiet sigh escapes Youmu, but she follows suit when you rise to your feet, and makes no protest as you lead her out of the room. A quick jaunt out and down the hall leads you to the manor's entrance, where you decide to spring your little question. Pivoting on your heel, you face Youmu and grasp her firmly by the shoulders; she flinches a little when your hands touch her, but otherwise maintains an impressive facade of indifference.

"I'm sure you know why I want to speak with you, Youmu. It's about last night."

She shuts her eyes in plain frustration. "Must we have this conversation?"

"Absolutely." You affirm. She moves to speak, but you cut her off with a stern proclamation. "I was very disappointed in you last night."

She blinks, evidently taken off guard. "Wha--"

"Your behavior was completely uncalled for and unacceptable. I want you to listen to me closely, Youmu," you lean in until there's hardly an inch of space between the two of you, "if you ever find yourself in that situation again, remember this very important fact: you should feel free to join in."

There's a slight pause, and then Youmu's skin begins to rapidly cycle through several shades of red. Her countenance fluctuates through a wide range of options before settling on one rarely worn by the usually amicable gardener: anger. A faltering, embarrassed anger, but anger all the same.

"You..." Her voice sounds venomous.

So you take the bite out of it with twin pinches to her face.

"Just kidding." You remark with a laugh. Pulling away from her, you keep a firm grasp on her cheeks. "You can't take things like that seriously, Youmu. Besides, Yuyu won't share m-- Ow!"

You shrink back a ways and rub at your now smarting head. Youmu, still red in the face, fixes you with an irritated glare, resting her hands on her hips now that she's finished using one to hit you.

"Youmu!" You draw out the last syllable of her name in as whiny a tone as you can muster. "That hurt! Why would you do that?"

"You are picking up the bad habits that Miss Yuyuko possesses," she says huffily. "It is beyond my station to reprimand Miss Yuyuko, but you are another matter entirely."

"So mean!"

She rolls her eyes. So mean.

"But seriously," you pull your demeanor back toward the appropriate, "I hope that's not still bothering you. I imagine it wasn't the greatest experience for you."

"Of course it is still bothering me!" She shifts about, looking uncomfortable. "It was a very... awkward experience. It was as though I had walked in on a friend engaging in... promiscuous activities... with my very own mother!" Her face heats up. "I would rather not talk about this, please! It is an event that I would like to forget."

Ah, well. Looks time is what she needs. Best you can do is give her that.

"Alright, I won't bug you about it anymore."

She gives a small, sheepish nod, and musters just a hint of a smile.

---

You give Youmu one last wave before the gates to Hakugyokuro swing shut. She'll have the whole day to calm herself down while you and Yuyu are out; hopefully she'll be able to collect herself. Rather than lingering on that thought too long though, you take flight with Yuyu, and begin your way down the familiar daunting stairs.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Yuyu asks in concern. "We won't be stopping until we reach our destination, so if you needed anything..."

"I'm ready, Yuyu. I have everything I need right here." You reach out and pull her into a hug as you say that, and she giggles a bit before squirming free. However, even as she slips out of your grasp, she takes hold of your hand.

"Alright then, we both have everything we need. No turning back now." The last sentence seems to be mostly for her benefit, and she says it with conviction. You give her hand a reassuring squeeze, and the two of you begin to pick up speed.

---

The journey across Gensokyo's sky is uneventful and free of stops, just as Yuyu promised. The two of you busy yourselves along the way with playful banter and pleasant flirtations, but nothing of particular note happens. Despite the mundanity of the journey, however, the destination is quite intriguing once you begin to realize where you're headed; when the familiar sea of lycoris flowers breaches your sight, it confirms what you had suspected.

You're headed back to Higan.

Considering how your last encounter with Komachi and Siki turned out, Yuyuko really must have something important in mind if she's taking you here. It's a bit worrying to think about having to face them after all that drama, but Yuyuko seems mostly confident. A feeling in whatever you have instead of a gut tells you that it will all turn out alright in the end; Komachi has always felt relaxed and easygoing enough to make even a serious problem melt away, and Siki has always seemed caring enough that she should understand.

Still, your confidence falters a little when Komachi comes into view, standing idly on the shore and resting against her scythe as she watches the river. The death god turns and faces you and Yuyu as the two of you touch down in the spider lilies, and her countenance reassures you; she looks surprised at first, then quickly transitions into concern. The air grows tense, and you sense Yuyu's confidence faltering now, so you step in and speak up.

"Nice to see you again, Komachi."

That seems to break the ice, and Komachi puts on a smile for you.

"The feeling's mutual, kid. Good to see you, too, Yuyuko."

Yuyuko seems to regain her confidence, and returns Komachi's smile with one of her own.

"I'm glad to see you, as well, Komachi."

Despite the friendly greetings, there's an undercurrent of tension thick enough to cut with a knife. Still sounding stiff, Yuyuko speaks up again.

"We need to cross the river, Komachi. Could we trouble you for a ride?"

Komachi blinks in surprise, then scrambles into a straighter posture. "Sure thing, of course!"

Komachi waves you over, and the three of you pile into her little boat quietly. Once you're all situated, she shoves off without delay, and the boat drifts away from the shore and into the river mist. You can't tell how wide the river is at the moment, but you get the feeling that you'll be stuck on the boat for quite a while.

As the trip wears on, Komachi grows visibly more uncomfortable; she seems to be waiting for something, but you can't tell what. Similarly, Yuyuko obviously has something she wants to say, but is hesitant to speak. This whole encounter would be much nicer if you could find some way to get them both talking.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 14710
[X]So... meet anyone interesting lately Komachi?
>> No. 14721
[x] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.

I think this is what Komachi wants to know herself anyway.
>> No. 14722
[X] "Komachi, what's with all the shifting around? Don't you know if you keep that up, you'll never win the game?"

Or something like that. After hopefully breaking the ice,

[x] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.
>> No. 14734
[✓] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.
>> No. 14735
[x] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.
>> No. 14736
[x] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.
I have a bad feeling about this.
>> No. 14754
[x] Greet Komachi and ask her if she's up for another round of The Game.
>> No. 14756
[x] Greet Komachi and ask her if she's up for another round of The Game.
>> No. 14757
[ze] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.

I can't remember if I already voted or not.
>> No. 14758
[x] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.
>> No. 14778
File 12376109321.jpg - (483.35KB, 800x600, BigSisIsProudOfYou.jpg) [iqdb]
14778
[X] Ask Yuyuko what made her want to visit Higan today.

***

Wanting for ways to break up the tense atmosphere, you just speak the first thing to come to mind.

"I don't think I ever actually asked, but what made you decide to come here to Higan, Yuyu?"

Your words prompt Yuyu to stir in momentary surprise, and draw Komachi out of her despondency; the boatwoman straightens up and leans in, listening attentively for Yuyu's reply. When the ghostly princess recovers from her brief jolt, she laughs quietly, and leans over to give you a hug.

"You still haven't realized?" She asks with a soft smile. You feel your face heat up just a little as she plants a small kiss on your cheek. "Promise me you'll never go into politics, dear."

"Should it really be that obvious?" You ask, in as dejected a tone as you can muster.

Yuyu laughs again, sliding over and letting herself fall to rest against you; that's your cue to put an arm around her. She pokes at your nose, her smile widening. "You should pout more often. It's cute." This time she closes in and rubs her nose against yours affectionately, before finally settling down and cuddling up to you. At last she answers your question: "I'm here because I need to make a response."

"A response?"

Yuyu nods, a sigh escaping her.

"After Higan had Siki send that nasty little message to me, I was too distraught to make any sort of reply. It took some time for you to calm me down, and now I really have no time left to wait. I need to put forward a good response before any of my detractors can make real trouble."

"You've got a good one in mind, then?" Komachi speaks up, staring intently at Yuyu.

"Absolutely." Yuyu replies happily. She sits up and beckons for Komachi to come closer; the death god leans forward, and Yuyu leans in to whisper something into her ear. Komachi's eyes light up, and her usual grin returns to her face. By the time the women sit back up, they're both giggling madly at their little secret; to be honest, you feel sort of left out, but it's wonderful to see the two of them finally casting off their discomfort.

"That's a pretty good one, Yuyu," Komachi remarks, leaning back and adjusting the speed of her rowing. "I'm glad to see you back in high spirits!"

Yuyu grins, and suddenly floats high up into the air, performs a simple loop-the-loop as she reaches the peak of her altitude, then drifts lazily back down until she lands perfectly at rest with her head in Komachi's lap, and her feet in yours. Komachi ruffles your love's hair much in the same way that she would ruffle yours, and Yuyu squirms about happily in response; as she does so, a mischievous little urge wells up in you, and you slip one of her shoes off, then begin to tickle the base of her foot. A loud laugh escapes her, and Komachi looks over at you with a grin. Before long, the situation has degraded into tickling-slash-ruffling war between you and Komachi, with Yuyu as the unfortunate, howling battlefield, leaving Komachi's job of rowing entirely forgotten.

---

"You two!" Yuyu huffs, though an errant stunted laugh escapes her. "I have a meeting to attend, and just look at me!"

You can't help but grin, and neither can Komachi, despite Yuyu having a good point. Her clothes are a mess, and her hair is frazzled and wild after your clash with your wily death goddess opponent. As Yuyu futilely tries to tamp down some of her hair, you quickly run one hand down her side, drawing another burst of laughter from her before she can slap your hand away and give you a mock glare; you can see in her eyes that she's having fun, though. With another huff, she stands up and snatches her shoes from you, flicking your nose once with her finger before she stumbles off the boat and onto the shore.

"Oh, just let me put myself back togeth--" A lingering laugh sneaks up on her and cuts her sentence short, and she makes a show of clutching at her sides. "Oh, my sides hurt!" She turns back and gives both you and Komachi a faux-dirty look. "I'll be over there," she says, pointing to a spot further inland, "composing myself, thank you very much!"

You all know perfectly well that she could have herself back together in an instant if she wanted to, non-corporeal form being what it is, but no one bothers to mention it as she walks off into the field of lilies that separates the riverbank from the main district of Higan. You can't speak for Komachi, but you're too busy being captivated by how lovely Yuyu looks in the light of Higan's perpetually golden skies.

As you climb out of the boat and prepare to head after Yuyu, a hand comes down on your shoulder. You look back to see Komachi wearing a surprisingly contemplative face.

"Hey, kid, wait a minute, alright?"

"Sure."

Komachi nods in satisfaction before climbing out of the boat herself. She dusts herself off a bit, then straightens up and regards you for a few moments, almost as though she were sizing you up somehow. You being to feel slightly self-conscious, when she abruptly gives your hair a good ruffle.

"You did good, kid. Thanks." A sincere smile graces her features, and she lets her hand drop back to her side. She leans heavily on her scythe before she continues. "I've been worried about Yuyu ever since that disaster back at her place, and... well, I'm just glad to see her back to her old self. You took care of her, just like I asked, and I swear the two of you are..."

She pauses for a moment, and shakes her head. "Aw, just look at me going on like this! Come here, kid!"

She rather abruptly yanks you into a tight hug, which you return as best you can considering that she's almost crushing you against her. One of her hands works its way back into your hair, tousling the locks every which way. "You kids grow up so fast, don't you!" She gives you one last squeeze before letting you loose, ending her overt display of affection. She grabs your shoulders, spins you around, and shoves you off after Yuyu. "Go get her, kid! I ain't going to keep you any longer."

Your initial stumbles set you into a jogging pace as you head off after Yuyu. Casting one last look back, you catch sight of Komachi as she collapses back into her boat, waving her scythe in the air without a care in the world.
>> No. 14779
File 123761096712.jpg - (638.25KB, 750x600, PatientYama.jpg) [iqdb]
14779
---

The trip through Higan is short and business-like, Yuyu having regained her poise and bearing as she leads you directly to the courthouse. The bustle of Higan's crowds doesn't so much as hinder her; indeed, everyone seems to part for Yuyu as she comes through. You can't blame them - the way she carries herself is regal and purposeful, and it lends her an intimidating air, which is enhanced by her own natural beauty. It's a rather breathtaking sight, to be frank.

No one lifts a finger to stop the two of you as you breeze into the courthouse, and the faeries scatter as you move through the corridors. Every now and again one will peek out from behind a corner to watch as you pass. Yuyu knows where she's headed, and you soon find yourself strolling into the courtroom proper; the massive judge's podium is somehow less intimidating when you're at Yuyu's side. Wasting no time, Yuyu heads straight to the back of the courtroom, throwing open the door to Siki's office without so much as a knock.

"Sikieiki."

Yuyu's greeting is curt, and she marches into the office without waiting for a response. You follow after her, making sure to shut the door behind you as she takes her seat at Siki's desk. Siki looks up from her paperwork the very moment that Yuyu has sat down, and the two women lock eyes to begin a silent staring contest. Given that the attention isn't on you, you take the opportunity to pull one of the spare chairs in the corner up to Siki's desk, and get seated yourself.

Given that silence seems to be the name of the game for the time being, you choose to study various aspects of the office; it looks a little messier than you remember - papers out of alignment over here, the framed items on her walls being slightly tilted instead of perfectly level. Little things. While these observations may be pointless, they distract you from the silence that you know you can't break; this is politics, and more specifically politics that you know Yuyu would rather, for your sake, try to exclude you from.

At long last, Siki breaks the silence. "May I assume that you are here in regards to the recent issue, Saigyouji?"

"Of course."

A pause.

"If that is the case, then the court will hear any statements you have to make a--"

"The court will not hear a single word from me."

Yuyu's words leave Siki visibly stunned for a moment, but she quickly recovers.

"If you do not wish to follow procedure, the court will--"

"Do nothing. This is no longer a political matter - it is a personal one. The court's statement is a slight against me. I am willing to allow it to slide this once, but another insult will not be forgiven."

Yuyu speaks with supreme confidence, and though you're not sure what has transpired exactly, you are reasonably certain that she's just won whatever argument has occurred - Siki makes absolutely no response. Silence reigns for a few moments until Siki heaves a sigh and leans back in her chair, causing all the tension in the room to abruptly melt away.

"So, that's the card you're playing, Yuyuko?" Siki's voice is only a murmur.

Yuyuko only nods in response.

A smile creeps it's way onto Siki, and her voice picks up a satisfied, mirthful tone. "It's a tough one to pull, but it isn't very fair, don't you think? If I were judging you for this, I'd probably send you straight to hell."

"I would, too."

Both women chuckle, and Siki sits up. She leans forward on her desk, smiling genuinely, and paying no heed to the papers that she bends and folds in the process.

"I'm glad you got it all worked out, Yuyuko. However, if that's the card you're going to play, I want to hear it from him for myself."

With those words, Siki turns to you; leaning even further forward, as if eager to hear your response, Siki fixes you with a stare full of warmth and compassion.

"So then... how do you feel about Yuyuko?"

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 14781
[x] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"
>> No. 14784
[x] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"
>> No. 14785
[x] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"
>> No. 14786
[x] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"
>> No. 14788
[~] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"
>> No. 14795
[X] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"
>> No. 14805
[x] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"
>> No. 14876
File 123813463110.jpg - (144.15KB, 466x631, siki034.jpg) [iqdb]
14876
[X] "Soulmates. Kindred spirits. Cosmic cohabitants. Twin flames. Red thread of destiny. Agapē. Kismet. We! Are! Coterminous!"

***

"She's my soulmate."

Siki leans back in her chair when she hears your response, gracing you with a warm, pleased smile. Her fascinated stare grows soft, and--

"But we don't have our souls," Yuyu interjects innocently.

Siki stares at Yuyu in surprise.

"Kindred spirit?" You ask, turning to the ghost princess at your side. She nods, reaching over to hug you.

"Cosmic cohabitants," she suggests.

"Twin flames," you reply.

"Red thread of destiny," both of you suggest, raising your pinkies and wiggling them for emphasis.

"Agapē."

"Kismet."

"Coterminous," the two of you finish, embracing eachother fully and attempting to appear as symmetrical as possible for Siki, despite the difference in gender.

Siki stares at the two of you in amazement for a moment. Then the laughter breaks through, softly at first, but growing in intensity until Siki is forced to wipe the joyful tears from her eyes. When she gets herself back under control, she removes her impressive hat, setting the chapeau off to the side. She leans across the table to give you and your love a broad smile.

"Wonderful," the mirth in her voice lends it a lovely lilt, "if that's how you feel, then the two of you will be just fine."

The judge purses her lips and grows thoughtful in appearance for a moment, as though she were debating the merits of what she were about to do. At last she closes her eyes, sighs, and gets to her feet to walk around her desk and stand before you and Yuyu, hands planted firmly on her hips as she regards the two of you. After a brief pause, she swoops in and throws her arms about the two of you, enfolding you in a group hug.

The gentle sound of her breathing whispers in your ear, and the rise and fall of her chest can be felt against you. Neither you nor Yuyu make any motion to escape, happy with allowing the woman to hold you for as long as she pleases.

---

You leave Siki's office feeling only a little awkward. The hug was a very intimate gesture, and for the time you spent with her, Siki seemed almost overwhelmed; you could have sworn she looked proud of you and your lover. She gave you none of the lecturing or weary lengths of speech she might usually, only the most succinct and honest of sentiments before shooing you out with a misty look in her eyes.

She said she was happy for you.

Even Yuyu looks a bit self-conscious when you turn your gaze on her, a rosy blush lighting her cheeks. She quite evidently didn't expect that little emotional outpouring from Siki.

The blush looks cute on her, though.

Yuyu snuggles closer to you, a happy smile tugging at her lips even as she blushes. The two of you make your way out of the courtroom in silence, but it's a comfortable silence, and it makes you feel more than ever how happy you are to have this woman at your side. You would be content to remain hushed with her, but as the two of you exit the courthouse, you find someone unexpected waiting for you.

"My, it looks like the two of you have everything sorted out."

A certain tall, blond, and beautiful youkai, familiar to both of you, rests with her back against the courthouse wall in elegant repose. Only one of her golden eyes is open to regard the two of you, but the smile on her face is much gentler than her normal mischievous fair. Standing off to her side, much straighter and more dignified, is Ran, who watches the situation with a certain measure of interest; you can barely make out the form of Chen on Ran's other side, revealed mostly by a hint of her red dress, and the way one of her hands clings to Ran's dress.

"Yukari!" Yuyu beams at the sight of her friend. "What are you doing here?"

"I had some business here," Yukari replies, a twinkle in her eye, "but with the two of you strolling out here so cheerfully, I daresay that none of it will be necessary."

The elegant youkai sweeps around behind you and your love, slinging her arms about the shoulders of you both as she does.

"Now that my schedule has been cleared, I really don't have much to do. How would you like to be treated to lunch?"

Yuyu's eyes light up and the mere mention of lunch, and you suppress a laugh at the sight of her eagerness.

"Miss Yukari, there's plenty of other work waiting for you back home, and you are well aware of it." Ran speaks up, looking somewhat cross. "You need to deal with this procras--"

Ran falls silent abruptly, nearly flinching back. You don't need to look back to know that Yukari probably gave the poor woman a look. All the same, with Ran quiet, Yukari leans over your shoulder, a warm smile on her face.

"Really. What do you say to lunch?"

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 14878
[x] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."

A little something for Ran as well.
>> No. 14879
>>14876

This pleases me greatly.
>> No. 14881
[x] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."
>> No. 14885
[z] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[e] "I do have an urge for some tofu."

I hate tofu but I love Ran.
>> No. 14888
[x] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."
>> No. 14891
[x] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."
>> No. 14898
[x] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."

:3
>> No. 14900
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."
>> No. 15006
[x] "I do have an urge for some update.
>> No. 15007
[x] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."

Have returned for a long time of not reading any work and I've just seen we anons have utterly destroyed YAF. I liked his style, although his mistake, I think, was to use Nanaya as the starting model. Because of this, anons got too much carried away and started to kill whatever we see. Poor guy. Although he needs some drinks to take away that depression of his (the same ammount as ZUN ;-) ). Well, guess I will stick here more than usual.
>> No. 15008
[x] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[x] "I do have an urge for some tofu."

>>15007
go talk about that in his thread
>> No. 15017
>>15007
...why are you here?

I mean, in this thread? Why are you here?
>> No. 15041
File 123873519219.jpg - (479.37KB, 1600x1200, Yakumo003.jpg) [iqdb]
15041
[X] "Sounds good. Got a certain place in mind?"
[X] "I do have an urge for some tofu."

***

"That does sound good." You can see Yuyu's eyes shining as you give your assent, and ruffle her hair affectionately. "Did you have a certain place in mind?"

"Oh, yes!" Yukari looks quite pleased with your answer, releasing her hold on you and Yuyu in favor of stepping back and clapping her hands together. "I thought we would go to that lovely little restaurant we stopped into the other day. Ah, that ice cream was wonderful - it reminds me of the old days, when Ran and I would make our special homemade ice cream." You glance over your shoulder to see Yukari with her eyes shut, a blissful smile on her face as she clasps her hands in reminiscence. "Oh, it's been so long since we had any! Ran, wouldn't you love to have some again?" Yukari opens her eyes and fixes a hopeful stare on her servant.

"Yes, that sounds lovely. If only I didn't have so much work to do, I might actually have the free time to apply to that enterprise." Ran's voice remains detached, though she finishes her statement with a sigh.

"Ran!" A gap zips open above the fox woman, and Yukari flops part of the way out, resting her breasts atop her servant's head, and dangling her face down to look her servant in the eye while her golden locks tumble down to obscure the pair from view. "All work and no play make--"

The two women get into a small scuffle, and Chen quickly leaps into the fray after the two, resulting in a Yakumo-family-ball that wriggles about on the ground in front of you for a moment. You and Yuyu watch their antics in mild amusement until the three of them finally break it up and get to their feet - Chen and Yukari sporting matching grins, and Ran bearing a blush and a faltering attempt at a dignified expression. At some point in the little tumble Chen and Yukari swapped hats, Yukari's white bonnet a little too large for the smaller girl, causing her ears to droop a little under it's weight; Chen's green bonnet is small enough that it only partially covers Yukari's head, laying at a slight, almost coquettish tilt. As for Ran...

"Ran. Hat."

Her eyes widen in alarm, and she yanks down the hat that had begun to slip up and off her head just enough to reveal an oddly tantalizing hint of her ears. The bright red that stains her cheeks eradicates the last semblance of dignity that she had been holding to, and she hangs her head in defeat. A surprisingly meek "thank you" slips from quietly from her lips, though she shrinks back from you a tad.

In an attempt to spare the poor woman any further embarrassment, you speak up: "Come on you three, let's get going. I'm feeling the urge for some tofu."

You words have a greater effect on Ran than you would have imagined, her mood improving immediately and visibly when she hears them, her hat twitching as though her ears had perked up.

"Oh, they have tofu where we're going?"

"Do they?" Yukari tilts her head skyward, one finger pressed to her lips in curiosity. "We never did read the menu, after all." She frowns, and taps her foot softly. "Perhaps we should stop at a restaurant where we know the menu more intimately?"

"No, no," Yuyu cuts in, "that won't do. I haven't had a chance to see this restaurant with him yet, and you have. We absolutely must dine at the restaurant you two last visited here."

"Oh, that's right! And you'll have to have him carry you, as well! After all, he carried me. It's only fair."

Yuyu claps her hands together as if inspired, and turns her gaze to you. "That's right! You will carry me, won't you?"

The wide, hopeful eyes she employs against you aren't necessary in the least, but seeing her so excited is still fun. Sweeping her feet out from under her, you catch the lovely lady and offer her a hopefully dashing smile; it seems to do the trick, as a sweet little laugh escapes Yuyu once she lands in your arms.

"Comfortable, my dear?"

"Quite," her hand-fan slides out of her sleeve and opens in a flash, and she coyly hides her smile behind it.

Your little group sets off through the streets of Higan, the crowds once again parting for you. There is no shortage of incredulous and curious stares from the locals, perhaps because of the scuffed appearance of the Yakumo family, perhaps because you're carrying Yuyu in your arms like a demure bride instead of the regal queen she appeared to be earlier. Somehow the attention isn't nearly as bothersome as you would have expected, and before long your party has swerved into the back-alleys and off onto a familiar side street, away from prying eyes. The blacks and reds of Lily's restaurant come into view up ahead, and Yuyu grows surprisingly excited as you close in on the café, and queries with barely-suppressed energy as your party crosses into the outdoor seating:

"Oh, we're eating at Lily's?"

"Sure as hell hope so, honey, or you've come to the wrong place."

Lily takes you by surprise as she struts confidently out the door of the restaurant, hips swaying sensuously as she approaches. Turning her attention from Yuyu to you, Lily graces you with a thin smile and a nod.

"I see you brought a girlfriend with you after all."

Her voice, as bitter as you recall it to be, strikes you as off. There's a tinge of something in it now that you can almost place - you should recognize it, but it sticks in the back of your mind, just out of reach. It bothers you, but there's nothing for it...

"What can I say? Things worked out well for me." You offer apologetically.

"For us." Yuyu corrects with a smile, squeezing you softly. You give her a smile, resting your forehead against hers gently.

"Lucky save, boy," Lily remarks wryly. Hands on her hips, she gestures to Yuyu with a slight turn of her head, tone serious. "You take care of her, you hear? She saved you from having to put up with me, after all. Any woman who can do that is a keeper." Turning her back to you, she starts back toward the entrance of the café. "You lot get seated," she calls disinterestedly, "I'll be out to deal with you all in a minute or two."

You voice your agreement along with the rest of your party, and allow the women to choose a table of their liking. The ladies begin a conversation as you follow after them, but you find yourself distracted by what you spy out the corner of your eye; as Lily steps into the door of her establishment, she pauses to look back ever so carefully. Etched on her countenance is a cynical wistfulness that you recognize as the edge in her voice that had bothered her so, and you know now exactly what it is.

She's disappointed, and she's not surprised.
>> No. 15042
File 123873523456.jpg - (452.28KB, 650x813, yuyuko014.jpg) [iqdb]
15042
---

The impromptu lunch passed without much incident, though you felt quite distracted throughout; you found yourself focused on Lily's gloominess, especially after she excused herself from sitting at the table with the rest of you. You made an effort to participate in the conversation at the table, but you really only caught the highlights; things like Ran's visible disappointment at the lack of tofu on Lily's menu. You handled yourself quite well, you think, though you're fairly certain that Yukari and Yuyu picked up on your slight preoccupations; they were nice enough to leave it be, though, and did their best to entertain you.

After the meal was finished there was a smattering of small talk until Yuyu finally decided that she wanted to head home; she declined Yukari's offer to gap you all back to the manor, and instead the two of you enjoyed a leisurely cruise back across the Sanzu in Komachi's boat. Now you and Yuyu trek across the skies side by side, flying at a reasonable pace, comfortable in a moment of quiet.

Her hand suddenly comes down and gives your shoulder a soft squeeze.

"Yuyu?" You offer her your attention.

She shakes her head then leans in and presses her lips lightly to yours. "I just want you to know that I have fun with you. I really think this is going to work out."

You feel your cheeks color just a little. "I think so too, Yuyu."

She giggles lightly, then pirouettes about until she's floating backward just ahead of you, facing you all the while.

"Before we head home, how about we drop in on the Prismrivers? Some nice music to close out our day would be lovely."

[ ] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

[ ] How about you just head home?
>> No. 15043
[ ] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

Before this story is over we have to invite Komachi, Siki and the Yakumo's over for a party and at the end a toast:To friends and to love.
>> No. 15044
[x] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

Yuyu is taking us around to show everyone that you're her property.
>> No. 15045
>Her voice, as bitter as you recall it to be, strikes you as off. There's a tinge of something in it now that you can almost place - you should recognize it, but it sticks in the back of your mind, just out of reach. It bothers you, but there's nothing for it...

Poor Lily...

[x] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

This won't be comfortable but it needs to be done now before anything can happen.
>> No. 15046
{X} Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.
>> No. 15047
>>15042
>Her voice, as bitter as you recall it to be, strikes you as off. There's a tinge of something in it now that you can almost place - you should recognize it, but it sticks in the back of your mind, just out of reach. It bothers you, but there's nothing for it...
>Etched on her countenance is a cynical wistfulness that you recognize as the edge in her voice that had bothered her so, and you know now exactly what it is.
>She's disappointed, and she's not surprised.
>The impromptu lunch passed without much incident, though you felt quite distracted throughout; you found yourself focused on Lily's gloominess, especially after she excused herself from sitting at the table with the rest of you.

A) Holy crap, we made that much of an impression, and B) I never thought I'd be craving a Lily Black route this bad.

Patchwork... seriously. What the hell?
>> No. 15054
[ze] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

This will not end well.
>> No. 15055
[X] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

>>"I'll drop you an invitation too, kid. I don't know you too well, but swing by again some time and I'll teach you the secret menu. You can bring your girlfriend."
>>"What if I don't have a girlfriend?"
>>"Then you're stuck eating with me, and trust me when I say that you don't want me to play the part of your girlfriend."
>>"Maybe I'll come alone, then."
-------
>>"I see you brought a girlfriend with you after all."
>>"You take care of her, you hear? She saved you from having to put up with me, after all. Any woman who can do that is a keeper."
>>Etched on her countenance is a cynical wistfulness that you recognize as the edge in her voice that had bothered her so, and you know now exactly what it is.
>>She's disappointed, and she's not surprised.

Do you hear it, Anon? The sound of her heart hardening even more? DO YOU HEAR IT?! DO YOU?!
>> No. 15056
[X] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

Let's show them how insanely happy we are with Yuyu.

>>15055

Meh, she was little more than a prospective booty call anyway. Let her heart harden more so she won't feel so bad about the next guy who passes her up.
>> No. 15058
File 123875387512.png - (301.20KB, 754x338, black.png) [iqdb]
15058
>>15056
Do you not see the downward spiral she is already in? Viewed as nothing more than a "booty call" to others, continually hardening herself against the endless parade of disappointments life has thrown her way? Unable to place even the slightest amount of trust or hope in another person, incapable of letting her guard down for anyone, and all the while pushing down the small, faint, weak little of hope she still (foolishly, in her mind) maintains that someday, somehow, someone - anyone would finally come to see her for who she is, love her for who she is, until it is finally and irrevocably snuffed out like a candle, leaving her little more than a hollow shell?

At one time, she may have had dreams, hopes, aspirations. Just think how many of those hopes must have been shattered, dreams destroyed, and trusts betrayed for her to have become the bitter, jaded cynic she is now? How many times must it have happened for her to no longer even be surprised by it?
>> No. 15059
>>15058

Man, why you got to do a thing? Here I was all ready to try for a Ran route next playthrough and now you got me wavering a bit.
>> No. 15062
File 123875841712.jpg - (109.21KB, 554x800, ifittakesforever.jpg) [iqdb]
15062
>>15059
Because as a more minor and lesser-used character, she does not enjoy the advantages the more prominent characters have. Ran, much like Yukari, can show up pretty much anywhere, so even if she's not a romantic prospect she still can have plenty of opportunities for screen-time.

What about Lily Black? How many opportunities do you think she could possibly have to be in the spotlight? What stage could she ever stand upon that wouldn't be dominated by someone else? In terms of residents of Higan, she has to compete with the Yama and Komachi. When it comes to fairies, the only one anyone ever seems interested in is that ⑨. Even with Spring, it's her twin who garners most of the attention.

And so Lily remains, much like her restaurant, nestled out of the public eye, unseen and unnoticed by the masses. Always alone yet clinging to the feeble hope that one, just one person would look their way and pay them a visit for a change.

But it never comes.
He never comes.

But she and her place are still there. Waiting. Waiting for someone who doesn't come, and for all they know, never will.

Each day that passes makes the room a little darker, her heart a little colder, until that final, fateful day when both the door and her heart finally shut themselves to to the world completely, never to be opened again.
>> No. 15064
>>15062
sacchin, ;_;, etc.
>> No. 15065
...It's official. Next run through is Lily Black route!
>> No. 15074
[X] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.
>> No. 15083
>>15058 >>15062
Why do you do this to my heart.
>> No. 15086
>>15055
Man, I want a Lily Black route

At the end of this run through, I'm going to vote for:
[Scene Selection] going to go back to when we've just returned from the meeting with Shiki and continue from there with Lily Black as the new target
>> No. 15088
This is why I said to focus on Lily Black's dream sequences and stuff much earlier. I guess the only thing we can do now is go for her in the second playthrough, if there even is one.
>> No. 15097
File 12388670471.png - (344.62KB, 400x1000, f05ef8ccc608fdeed2f7dceb8f3446e4.png) [iqdb]
15097
[x] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

>>15058>>15062
I'm not going to go for Lily Black out of pity, I don't really like her that much. That's a terrible basis for a relationship. And besides, you could write something depressing about Ran, too. She's pretty much a slave.

I was leaning toward Lyrica and Komachi, but thinking about it now, I really love this portrayal of Yukari. I can see her route being a lot of fun, and Patchwork would definitely be able to pull it off well.
>> No. 15098
What's about to go down with Lyrica is probably going to be 10 times worse than Lily Black.

And while I'd love a second playthrough on a Yukari route, I wouldn't mind if that waited so WFTW could pick up a little more.
>> No. 15099
[x] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

>>15088
>This is why I said to focus on Lily Black's dream sequences and stuff much earlier.

Oh, I get it, Lily Black is Black Sky! So Shadowed Town and Decaying Town are probably Yukari and Ran, but we can't tell which is which. Could Deep Forest be Mima?
>> No. 15100
>>15099

There is no Mima route.
>> No. 15101
>>15100

There is never a Mima route.
>> No. 15102
File 123889002623.jpg - (39.42KB, 240x320, 1214783597484.jpg) [iqdb]
15102
>>15100
>>15101
>> No. 15103
File 123889079362.jpg - (276.22KB, 1600x1200, 985039bfc645e9052b16f1f3bed5d9e4.jpg) [iqdb]
15103
>> No. 15111
Well, I personally wanted Lyrica route.
>> No. 15113
>>15101

There's possibly one in Native Faith, and there's definitely one in The Fabulous Roa story; Spirit within.
>> No. 15187
>>15062

Lily Black is not worth a route of her own.
>> No. 15204
>>15187
Do not underestimate the power of a writer. Lily Black is a character, just like anyone in any of these CYOAs is a character. You haven't had three scenes to judge her, you don't know what Patchwork has planned for her, and three scenes in no one here was worth a route of their own.

Let things happen the way they'll happen, but don't go closing doors before you even look into them.
>> No. 15207
>>15204

It doesn't matter how many scenes she may have, there are better, more interessing charactes to go after.
>> No. 15208
>>15207

Then I suppose Momiji is also worth nothing, SHaG be damned. Or maybe your opinion = fact.
>> No. 15218
>>15207

I'm sorry if I'm failing at communication here, but that's exactly what I mean. You don't know anything about her character because she hasn't had time to strike you as interesting, unlike everyone else.
>> No. 15220
File 123934242136.jpg - (367.67KB, 650x469, 2c232cc76722db9149671afad6b1bef4.jpg) [iqdb]
15220
>>15218
I don't see how she could be better than Yukari. It just isn't possible.
>> No. 15223
File 123934590094.jpg - (170.43KB, 512x512, point.jpg) [iqdb]
15223
>>15220
That's because you lack vision, Anon! Your way of thinking is far too narrow! Break the chains of convention and see what so many others do not, cannot, and won't even try to!
>> No. 15224
File 123934763812.jpg - (401.42KB, 750x750, prism020.jpg) [iqdb]
15224
[X] Sure. You haven't seen the sisters for a few days now.

***

"I'd like that. It's been too long since I saw those three."

"Wonderful," Yuyu swings around and takes your arm, offering a bright smile in return. "In fact, this reminds me: shall we have them play at next week's party?"

"If we're going to have another party that would be nice. What's the occasion?"

"Why," Yuyu says as though it were the most obvious thing in the world, "to celebrate the beginning of our relationship of course."

You rest your head against hers, a smile on your lips. "Are you sure you're not just showing me off?"

"Maybe a little," she confesses with a giggle. With a sly wink, she adds, "or perhaps it's more like marking my property."

---

So mark her property she does.

As you wait at the door of the Prismriver Mansion, Yuyu pulls herself closer to you than ever. She keeps her head to yours, and her hands pressed into your chest as she rests against you, mostly facing you; you keep an arm about her waist to oblige her, holding her close despite the awkward position forcing the two of you to float just a little off the ground instead of stand properly. Not that Yuyu has ever been terribly reserved about displaying her affection, but this is overt even for her.

It's good to feel loved.

After a few loud bangs from the old knockers, the old door swings open on its own accord, revealing Lunasa just as it did days before; though this time she is fully dressed in her usual black outfit. A small part of you feels a bit disappointed by that, but you squash the feeling before it gets out of hand. What would Yuyu say if she knew that you were eying other women?

Don't answer that.

"This is a surprise," Lunasa says with her trademark amused smile, leaning against the door. "Back so soon, spirit of love? And with a woman at your side, no less? I like you; every time we meet you seem a little more bold."

You feel the heat rising in your cheeks, summoned by her teasing voice; considering your last encounter with her, it looks like she has you under her thumb this time. While Yuyu certainly knows that you've been amorous, so to speak, something about it being brought up around her is really embarrassing. Fortunately, Yuyu herself cuts in and spares you any further awkwardness with a cheerful smile and a snuggle.

"Good afternoon, Lunasa. Could we stop in for a moment?"

Lunasa nods, still smiling, and steps aside to let the two of you float in. The door swings shut on its own accord, and Lunasa quickly strides to match your pace, coming directly beside you and Yuyu.

"My sisters and I were just sitting down for a break. There are snacks in the sitting room if you'd care to join us."

"Snacks?" Yuyu's eyes light up, drawing a light laugh from Lunasa, and a smile from you.

Quickly the three of you pull into the living room, and there you find Lyrica and Merlin lounging in the broken down chairs set at the central table. Lyrica has her back to you, and so fails to react to your presence, but Merlin perks up immediately upon sighting you in the doorway.

"Lover?" She rises from her chair and fixes her best sultry stare on you. Her words draw Lyrica's attention, and the youngest sister leans out of her chair and looks over her shoulder to spot you. Her face lights up immediately.

"You! And Yuyuko, too!"

You make your way to the couch as the two ladies speak, offering them your best greetings as you attempt to situate yourself on the somewhat decrepit couch; you would take one of the armchairs, but the two pieces of furtniture are turned toward one another, obviously both in use by Lunasa. It's just as well; despite the unkempt appearance of the couch, it's actually quite comfortable once you get settled into the right position.

"So, mind if I ask what brings you two here?" Lunasa asks as she crosses over to her pair of chairs; one of the large pieces swivels out to allow her to get seated, then swivels back into position to let her prop her feet up in the other armchair. She withdraws a small book - presumably of poetry, though it looks different than the one she was reading last time - and flips it open. By the way she keeps her eyes on you, however, you expect that she really is waiting for your answer.

"Well, Yuyu and I were returning home from Higan, and Yuyu suggested we drop in and ask for some music." All three sisters brighten up at the mention of music, but you continue before they can cut in. "Speaking of which, I believe Yuyu had a request..."

"Ah, yes," Yuyuko says excitedly, "I did indeed! Lunasa, Merlin, Lyrica; I would like to request your services for another party some time next week."

With those words the sisters grow even more interested; Lunasa sets her book down in her lap, fixing her full attention on Yuyu, while Lyrica and Merlin lean forward in their seats, sporting matching grins.

"Two parties in as many weeks? That's unusual even for you, Yuyuko." Lunasa remarks, intrigued.

"Another party so soon must mean something big." Merlin chirps excitedly.

"Something really big!" Lyrica concurs, nearly leaping out of her seat. "What's the occasion?"

"We're celebrating the beginning of our new relationship."

Yuyu's words throw the room into chaos. Lunasa sits up in her chair, clearly interested in this turn of events; Lyrica squeals with excitement, clapping her hands in a show of approval; Merlin, however, puts on the most distraught expression she can manage.

"Oh, but Lover! How are we going to satisfy our carnal yearnings for one another if you're spoken for?"

Lyrica flashes her sister a triumphant grin. "I told you he wouldn't be interested in you, flashing your stuff all over the place!"

"That's not it!" Merlin denies, leaping to her feet and hurrying to your side. "I see how it really is!" She sits down beside you, seizing your free arm. "The thrill of the forbidden makes it so much better! Lover just wanted to make our final consummation a little more exciting; sneaking off with a little mistress like me, and--"

Yuyu leans over, and uses her hand-fan to give Merlin a sharp tap on the head. "Stop that." She chastises.

"Sorry to disappoint, Merlin." You offer, resting your head against Yuyu's. "Yuyu and I really are getting together."

Lyrica cackles with glee. "Just face it, Merlin! You lost."

Merlin finally heaves a sigh of defeat, but she shakes her head. "Fine. I guess it's to be expected..."

Suddenly, the middle sister tackles Yuyu, causing the two women to sprawl out across your lap. Merlin gets Yuyu into a tight embrace, causing their bodies to press together in several rather interesting ways. "Even I can't compete with Yuyuko's figure!"

Yuyu makes a soft squeal as Merlin shifts in a way that causes their breasts to press together. Feeling another blush rising to your cheeks, you palm your face to try and hide the reddening. Lyrica shouts something, and soon joins the other two on your lap, resulting in a three-way tangle of limbs, embarrassingly erotic noises, and uncomfortably pleasant movements against you. You peek through your fingers to see Lunasa giggling to herself, trying to hide the broad smile on her face behind her book; she fails miserably.
>> No. 15225
File 123934766323.jpg - (61.57KB, 498x537, yuyuko309.jpg) [iqdb]
15225
---

You adjust the collar of your jacket self-consciously as you walk Yuyu up the long stairs of Hakugyokuro; you were left messy and scuffed by the girls' antics at the Prismriver mansion, and you feel a bit out of place next to Yuyu. She still looks almost immaculate, only a stray hair or two leaving any evidence of the scuffle she took part in. Even her composure has fully recovered; she steps lightly, the very picture of contentment.

You pause when you reach the tremendous doors at the top of the stairs, as does Yuyu. A comfortable silence settles in as the two of you turn to regard each other fully. After a brief moment, Yuyu stifles a giggle.

"Yukari told me this is how things are done in the outside world these days."

Gripping your shoulders softly, she leans forward and stands on her toes rather than float, then brushes her lips lightly to yours.

"When a man is a good date, you give him a kiss at the door." She announces with finality.

You feel a chuckle escape you at that, and she just sighs happily, resting her head against your chest as you move to embrace her. A minute or so of quiet passes before she looks up at you again.

"I really think this is going to work."

"I know it will."

She nods, and the doors to Hakugyokuro begin to creak open; though she turns her head to watch, you keep your eyes on her the whole time. A gentle breeze wafts by, carrying a handful of cherry blossoms, which dance about the two of you as the wind toys with her pink locks. The soft pre-dusk sunlight plays off her skin and hair, lending her an otherworldly shine.

She's beautiful.

"I love you, Yuyuko."

"I know," she finally turns to look at you again, "and I'm ready. You?"

"I'm ready. Whatever comes next, we'll face it together, right?"

"Right. Let's go."

A radiant, happy smile spreads across her face, just for you, and you know that everything is going to turn out fine. No matter what the future may bring, the two of you will greet it together.

Yuyuko Normal End
>> No. 15227
With that, the first playthrough of HLA draws to a close.

I'll be posting up some of my comments about the story tomorrow, along with my plans for the next run. In the meantime, feel free to ask some questions, and I'll get to them when I write the postscript proper tomorrow.
>> No. 15228
what other ends were there?
>> No. 15229
what are your outlooks for the intermediate future? will you have enough free time to do another playthrough?
>> No. 15230
That's one hell of a "Normal" end.
>> No. 15231
Like anon said, that was pretty happy and laid back for a "Normal" end. So, how good is/was a "Good" end? Or how sad is/was a "True" end?
>> No. 15234
>>15208

SHaG wasn't "new" when I started reading it and there was nothing I could do.
>>15223

But I'm not interested in Lily. I want someone else than her, someone I already know that is interessing, fun, and lovely, someone I already like. Why would I trade someone I find perfect for someone that I've only seen twice?

And stop using pity to make others go for her, it only makes her more dislikeable.
>> No. 15239
That was pretty satisfactory for a NORMAL END.

GOOD END would probably be developing something more akin to a family relationship, with Youmu being the child.

TRUE END would probably involve returning Yuyuko to the karmic cycle.
>> No. 15240
>>15234
Well then, it would seem we're at an impasse, aren't we? You might not be interested in Lily, but I certainly am, and I am sure neither of us are alone.

There is a flip-side to your question, however. Just as you wonder why you should trade someone you are sure you will like for someone you've only seen twice, why should I trade someone I see a lot of potential for after only two meetings for someone I know for a certainty I will find boring? Why should I pass up a chance to see the exploration of a character that has been so far basically untouched in favor of one that's already been interpreted numerous times?
>> No. 15241
That was a good ride. (And I just caught up on this...)

Sweet ending, and entirely fine one. If good one would've been something like what >>15239 presumed, well... That would've been bordening somewhat creepy.
If there is second play through I'll be going for Lunasa or Lyrica myself. Or Ran.
>> No. 15242
>>15239

GOOD END would probably be Yuyuko giving birth to Hakunon's kids. Mima did say there was a special magic to allow ghosts to have kids.
>> No. 15244
I'm thinking one of the big factors in the kind of end we got (or didn't get) lies in that whole "we don't have a soul" thing that didn't really get resolved. Despite apparently getting Higan off our back, dealing with Yuyuko's fears and whatnot, and whatever else I'm forgetting, at the end of the day we're still technically incomplete.
>> No. 15245
>>15244

Nah, I bet the only difference between Normal and True is the soul issue. Good End is if missed one of the issues you stated.
>> No. 15246
>>15227
Where were the missed opportunities to explore our missing soul, and did that factor into the end we got?
Aside from backstory, did the dream sequences serve any other purpose?
Confronting Yuyuko about her concerns and our confession to her: premature or just as planned?
What would have been the consequences of using ghost powers in our tickle fight with Siki?
Was the Mima H scene initially planned, or did our dapper little displays during the party facilitate that?
What would have happened if we stuck around Mokou's stand?
>> No. 15263
File 12394285257.jpg - (122.24KB, 600x802, SatsifiedPatchy.jpg) [iqdb]
15263
~Afterword~

Well that about wraps up the first run of HLA.

Though I can't say it went perfectly in any sense, I find myself satisfied with this conclusion. This was my first CYOA, and it has been a learning experience; I went into this without a clear concept of what to expect, and I come away with a better understanding of what works in this format of writing. Mistakes were made along the way, perhaps there were moments that left me puzzled, but now that I know what to expect, I can apply that knowledge to future CYOA and the next run of HLA to make them even better.

That said, I will be taking a short break from HLA to gather up my notes, get my bearings, and rework my foundation. While I spend my time working on the improvements for HLA's next run, I will be giving WftW some much needed attention, and start working on it regularly once again. In addition, I will be taking the opportunity to write some of the other story ideas that have been bouncing around in my mind; I intend to start a thread on /th/ at some point where I can post experimental bits of stories.

I'd like to thank all the readers who stuck with me through the story, and I'd like to apologize as well. I know there were times when I may have disappointed, and I know that my writing pace has been faltering recently; my own procrastinating attitude has contributed to that, as have the ideas for other stories - I hope that by starting a thread for those ideas, I can work them out of my system and help my focus. Again, I'm sorry.

There's not much else to be said, so I'd like to handle some of the questions that have been posted. If any of you have further questions, please feel free to ask. I will try my best to give you a satisfactory answer.

First of all, there have been several questions regarding what other endings may have been like - I apologize for lumping these together, but it makes them simpler to answer. As has been discussed, there was a Good End, and while I would hesitate to refer to it as a "True" End, there was certainly a bittersweet ending available to you; for that matter, it was just as possible to develop a platonic "Friendship" End, if you will call it that. A Good End would have likely resulted in a much closer relationship with both residents of Hakugyokuro - there would have been no uncertainty in Yuyuko falling for you, and Youmu would have developed into something of a best friend figure; the more bittersweet ending would have involved your return to the karmic cycle, leaving Yuyu at once enriched for having known you - perhaps even loving you - and yet saddened by the condemnation of never meeting again.

That brings me to the issue of the missing soul, which a score of people discussed even during the story itself. I feel there may have been some misconceptions about it, so I would like to clear them up right now. The most pressing of these is for those of you who speculated that reclaiming your soul was instrumental to the Yuyuko route: in actuality, had you reclaimed your soul, you would have almost certainly locked yourself into the bittersweet ending path. Yuyuko is herself a being severed from the cycle of life and death, her body and soul sealed away along with the Saigyou Ayakashi; the lack of a soul was what denied Higan the ability to judge you, thereby allowing you to remain at Yuyuko's side for her nigh-eternal existence. Had you reclaimed it, you would have been forced into either judgment or rebellion, which would have turned you into a full-fledged "evil spirit," a state which would have had it's own set of problems.

This is not to say that reclaiming your soul isn't an integral part of other routes, however. For that matter, the options available to you after reclaiming your soul vary from scenario to scenario - just because judgment and metamorphosis into an evil spirit are the only options in this route does not mean they will be the only options on other routes. Do not fall into the trap of believing that what works in one route will work in all others, or the inverse - that what fails in one route will fail in all others.

Next, >>15229: I believe the afterword has provided you with a good idea of my plans. However, I would like to add some clarification: I may not immediately return to HLA, and may instead choose to develop one of the other stories. Rest assured, however, that HLA will see another run, whether that comes sooner or later.

Lastly, for the moment, >>15246: a cornucopia of questions here. Allow me to break them down.

>Where were the missed opportunities to explore our missing soul, and did that factor into the end we got?

I've explained how your soul affected the ending, but let me say that your choice to deny help to Higan had a profound impact on your ability to find your soul. By expressing no interest in locating it, you effectively demonstrated that you had no desire for it, and were thereby afforded less opportunities to find it. If you had decided to spend some time on your own, you may have been given the option to search for it regardless, but such a moment never came up.

>Aside from backstory, did the dream sequences serve any other purpose?

Their primary purpose is, indeed, for back story. They also affect your knowledge of characters in the story, which can give you some additional options. In addition, completing a set of dreams causes that little outfit change, which has a slight effect on your affinities to other characters, and may prompt different remarks and reactions; the effect is more profound early in the game, but can still make a difference in the late game. You keep the outfits between HLA runs, by the way, as well as dream sequence completion status.

>Confronting Yuyuko about her concerns and our confession to her: premature or just as planned?

Confronting her was fine, though your confession was premature. This was one of the decisions that tilted you toward Normal End. Confession could have been done at almost any time, but your particular timing actually caused Yuyuko some additional heartache.

>What would have been the consequences of using ghost powers in our tickle fight with Siki?

For one, you would have access to the ability to pass through solid objects. You also would have won, which would have afforded you the opportunity to either submit to a "punishment" for your dirty pool, or to argue Siki into accepting the penalty game instead.

>Was the Mima H scene initially planned, or did our dapper little displays during the party facilitate that?

Due to the nature of her character, Mima was always a potential H scene, but it was ultimately your actions before and during the party that endeared you to her enough to warrant her little "lesson." It was something that could have been missed.

>What would have happened if we stuck around Mokou's stand?

She would have sobered up once she stopped drinking; a result of the Hourai Elixir was that her liver purges alcohol from her system at a much faster rate than normal humans, resulting in her requiring enormous, lethal amounts of booze to get properly smashed. This is also why she would have recovered quickly. From there, she would have harassed Yuyuko a bit, would have kept you both around and chatted for some time; this would have cut into your time enough to make it essentially the last real event of the night.

I believe that's all the questions answered for now, but if anyone has more, feel free to ask.
>> No. 15278
>>15263

I am satisfied with how this playthrough went, Patchwork. Keep up the good work.
>> No. 15291
Yuyuko still never said she loved him.

Was it implied and I'm looking too hard at this or was this intentional?
>> No. 15292
>>15263
>Confronting her was fine, though your confession was premature. This was one of the decisions that tilted you toward Normal End.
What were the other ones?
>> No. 15293
This has remained as one of my favorite stories on the site from beginning to end. Great job Patchwork, I loved every minute of it and eagerly await the start of the next playthrough.
>> No. 15297
The basics: favourite, least favourite, easiest to write, and hardest to write posts?
Where were you pulling your characterization from, particularly the Prismrivers and Lily Black?
Did anon manage to surprise/shock you?
Would it have possible to get the typical Bad End (as in, go back X choices), and was a Sad End planned? The story seemed pretty laid back, but I'm sure you had something to keep anon in mind?
What was your take on the shit storm when ghostanon shacked up with Yuyu the first time?
What hijinks would have ensued if ghostanon had pounced when Yuyu and Yukarin started making out?
>> No. 15298
>>15297
>What was your take on the shit storm when ghostanon shacked up with Yuyu the first time?

And what would have happened if we had refused her?
>> No. 15306
I thank and congratulate you, Patchwork, for this LA completion. I fapped to your work for many times, FYI.
>> No. 15312
Lily White.

Where?

When?

Why?
>> No. 15376
File 123984744767.jpg - (304.25KB, 700x495, patchy118.jpg) [iqdb]
15376
>>15291

It never happened, and it was certainly intentional. When Yuyuko gave you her final decision in the bath, she resolved to give you a chance - in other words, she knew you loved her, did not love you in quite the same way, but was willing to try a relationship for both your sakes. She wanted the relationship to work out, and she was sure it would. It's meant to be somewhat ambiguous, but their personalities mesh well enough that everything is likely to turn out well; optimistic ambiguity, you might say?

>>15292

I can't recall at the moment, as they were much smaller decisions, and you made just as many small decisions that would have turned you towards the Good End. The mistimed confession was the major snag that prevented you from the Good End.

>>15297
>The basics:

Oh gods.

>favourite

Too many to count. I love writing moe~ scenes. It is my not particularly well-hidden secret.

Although, relaxing with Yuyu and Machi-Machi was also quite fun.

>least favourite

Hard to say. If I had to pick, really, I suppose... well, I didn't like how I handled the drama in this route, so almost certainly one of the despairing Yuyu posts.

>easiest to write

Surprisingly, most Komachi scenes came rather easily to me. I quite like the woman, so that worked out well.

Also, Chen's introduction was very easy. I like kitties, and I've owned two, so writing Chen is nice and easy. And not nearly frequent enough.

>and hardest to write posts?

Single hardest to write scene was definitely making love to Yuyu in the bath. While I feel mostly satisfied with the result, I had been awake for over thirty hours at the time, and it was affecting both my coherency and my concern. At one point in the middle, I was struck with a sudden bout of apathy toward everything, which prevented me from continuing for some time.

I need to sleep more healthily.

>Where were you pulling your characterization from, particularly the Prismrivers and Lily Black?

The nice thing about canon in Touhou is that it's flexible - vague enough to let you bend it about, but still defined enough to offer a base. I tried to work mostly from the character profiles that come with the games, but twisted them around to put my own little touch on them, generally after taking into consideration the span of their lives and their backstory. The Prismrivers were particularly fun - canon describes Lyrica as the easiest to get along with, Merlin as very hard to understand correctly, and Lunasa as being subdued. So, I came up with a friendly Lyrica, a Merlin who can act one way but want something entirely different, and a cool-headed, easygoing Lunasa to keep the others in line; of course, these are only cursory examinations of their character, and there's much more to it all, but that will have to wait for another run...

As for Lily Black, well... start with Lily White, then add centuries of disappointment and despair, leaving her bitter and lonely.

Poor Lil. ;_;

>Did anon manage to surprise/shock you?

Sure, several times. Nothing specific comes to mind, but I was certainly caught off guard at times.

>Would it have possible to get the typical Bad End (as in, go back X choices), and was a Sad End planned? The story seemed pretty laid back, but I'm sure you had something to keep anon in mind?

Not exactly. Inducing a Bad End would in most instances require almost conscious effort, and take enough time that simply beginning anew would be the wisest option. On a couple of routes there are situations that may prove dicey even for a spirit, in which a quick Bad End could conceivably occur, but... well, this is a more laid back story. On the other hand, stupid actions tend to haunt you rather than end the game immediately, so there is a penalty to be paid for royal screw-ups...

>What was your take on the shit storm when ghostanon shacked up with Yuyu the first time?

Hilarious, if only for the digression into a discussion of what counts as moral. And the misplaced paranoia. Regardless, it was nice to see some people put out a thoughtful analysis, rather than knee jerking(>>12404).

>What hijinks would have ensued if ghostanon had pounced when Yuyu and Yukarin started making out?

A very amused Yuyu, and a very embarrassed Yukarin. I'm afraid little Yukarin might have been just a teensy bit too embarrassed to actually hang around you much after that.

>>15298

Bad things. It would have left her uncertain of both her feelings, and the extent of yours. It ould have caused quite a bit of damage to your relationship, potentially leading to one of the aforementioned "Sad Ends" if you weren't clever about fixing it.

>>15312

>Lily White.

I like her too.

>Where?

The skies of Gensokyo, and in Hakugyokuro.

>When?

Some point on the Lily Black route.

>Why?

Well, you might need to confront her. Can't say why, of course - that would be spoiling it.
>> No. 15394
File 123992373182.gif - (418.12KB, 352x352, wriggleroll.gif) [iqdb]
15394
For old times' sake.
>> No. 15395
File 123992433514.png - (199.88KB, 550x600, patchy004.png) [iqdb]
15395
>>15394
>Wriggle

Please?
>> No. 15396
>>15395

Needs more Working for The Weekend.
>> No. 15397
File 123992522968.jpg - (144.18KB, 800x800, patchy144.jpg) [iqdb]
15397
>>15396

It's coming this weekend.
>> No. 15420
File 124007350513.jpg - (232.49KB, 600x800, b6d8dd947fa3b4d9c8ef3fd4441c1b8c.jpg) [iqdb]
15420
[x] Back 4 threads.
or
[x] View epilogue.

I can't stand this. This doesn't resolve the story, it's just "your date went well and you're growing closer togeth-THE END." Who does it benefit to leave the story half-ended like this? We didn't do everything right, but every relationship has problems, it even made the story more interesting, isn't it enough that we worked through them? Can't we see the results?

The only reason VNs have less-than-good endings is because you can easily to go back and do it right whenever you want, you always have that available to you. It doesn't work in the real-time CYOA format. Anon is never going to do Yuyuko route over from scratch, they want to see the other routes now because there's no telling how long this CYOA will keep going and how many chances they'll get.

Can we have an ending to the story, please?
>> No. 15463
>From there, she would have harassed Yuyuko a bit, would have kept you both around and chatted for some time

I stand by my statement in >>14292.

>>15420

I agree wholeheartedly.
>> No. 15692
[ze] >>15420
>> No. 15874
[x] >>15420
>> No. 15978
>>15420
>>15463
>>15692
>>15874

Worry not. Truth be told, I initially planned to have an epilogue written for each ending that was reached. I wasn't too sure about it, but since there's demand you can expect one to come along before too long. There are a couple more story ideas I'd like to put up in my miscellaneous writings thread on /th/ first, but once I get those out of the way I'll make this my priority.

You can also expect at least one side story, by the way, and the side story I'm guaranteed to write for this at some point is going to be more like an interactive mini-story. I think you'll all like it.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x