[Return]
Archived thread

File 122545029295.jpg - (36.78KB , 1024x768 , Graveyard.jpg ) [iqdb]
12312 No. 12312
Testing Server Connection.
Connection Resolved.
Loading Scenario: Day 1, Afternoon

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

>> No. 12315
Click. Whrrrr.
>> No. 12316
File 122545377081.jpg - (114.91KB , 650x575 , youmu_and_yuyuko.jpg ) [iqdb]
12316
Loading User Commands:
[X] Accompany Yuyuko.
[X] Bring it with you.

---

"I would love to accompany you on your walk," Vincent says.

"Falling for my charms already?" Yuyuko playfully asks.

"Well, I've never met a ghost that didn't try to attack me before," he says, glancing at Youmu.

"Hmmph!" Youmu says.

"Well then, we better finish up lunch quickly then," Yuyuko says.

Within two minutes, every scrap of food on the table is devoured. Vincent gawks at Yuyuko as she inhales the food and drink. He wonders how she maintains such a nice figure despite eating like that. Perhaps she can alter her own form as a ghost?

"Shall we go?" the ghost princess asks.

"Just a sec," he mutters.

Vincent is about to follow when he remembers the skull. He pauses and opens his pack. After making sure Yuyuko isn't watching, he quickly wraps the skull with some cloth. He attaches the make-shift bag to his belt and makes sure that his coat covers it completely. As an afterthought, he takes his weapons as well.

"You aren't planning to do anything to me with those, are you?" Yuyuko says.

"I believe that a princess should be escorted by her guard at all times." Vincent says.

Yuyuko covers her mouth with her fan.

"And I thought that chivalry was dead. You really are quite an interesting one."

Youmu scowls at him. She stands up and takes her swords.

"I'm coming as well," she says.

A few minutes later, the three of of them start walking. The grounds of Hakugyokurou are quite vast, and soon the mansion is out of sight. They walk through some well-kept gardens and stone arrangements. Somehow, walking through the grounds causes Vincent to relax. He glances at Yuyuko and is mildly surprised to see a serene, reflective expression on her face. Even Youmu looks quite carefree. Her calm face really is...

"Beautiful," he mutters carelessly.

The two girls pause to look at him. Yuyuko is hiding her face with her fan, but she fails to hide her grin completely. Youmu's cheeks look a bit pink. They seem to be waiting for him to finish.

"I-I mean that this garden is beautiful! The place is really well-kept! It's obvious that those taking care of it put their heart into their work!" he says quickly.

Youmu turns bright red and looks away.

"Youmu here takes care of the grounds and the mansion. She is quite reliable. I can guarantee that she is well experienced in all sorts of things..."

"Lady Yuyuko!" Youmu exclaims.

"Perhaps you can ask her for some personal service, if you like."

"W-w-what?" Vincent mutters weakly. He feels himself blushing now, as well.

Yuyuko simply chuckles as she continues walking. The two follow behind her in awkward silence.

[ ] Try to start a conversation with Youmu.
[ ] Try to start a conversation with Yuyuko.
[ ] Try to start a conversation with both of them.
[ ] Stay silent and enjoy the walk.
[ ] Custom.
>> No. 12319
[ ] Try to start a conversation with Youmu.
>> No. 12321
[x] Try to start a conversation with both of them.
>> No. 12322
>Yuyuko simply chuckles as she continues walking. The two follow behind her in awkward

Yuyu approves.

[x] Try to start a conversation with Youmu.
>> No. 12324
[x] Try to start a conversation with Youmu.
>> No. 12327
[x] Try to start a conversation with both of them.
>> No. 12330
File 122547540852.jpg - (48.06KB , 413x720 , keine_sensei.jpg ) [iqdb]
12330
[X] Inventory
A longsword. Forged with blessed steel. Looks expensive.
A medium crossbow. Use arrows of the right size.
Fifteen silver-tipped crossbow bolts. Hurts when it hits.
A Colt Peacemaker, heavily modified. Loaded with five special rounds.
A page torn off a diary. Carries a foreboding message.
A small black book. You're not sure when you picked it up.
A skull wrapped in some cloth. Youmu's half-ghost core is sealed inside.

[X] Status
Yuyuko - C
Youmu - D
>> No. 12336
>>12330
Voting open till tomorrow morning.
>> No. 12338
[x] Try to start a conversation with Youmu.
>> No. 12357
[x] Try to start a conversation with Youmu.
>> No. 12370
File 12255639638.jpg - (11.57KB , 196x222 , youmu.jpg ) [iqdb]
12370
Loading User Commands:
[X] Try to start a conversation with Youmu.

---

"..."

"So, you take care of the garden, Youmu?" Vincent asks.

"Yes."

Her response is cold and succinct.

"It must be difficult work, doing everything on your own."

"..."

"You handle the household chores and cleaning as well?"

"Yes."

"Wow, you are really something. I didn't think that this place could be maintained by a single person."

"..."

Vincent sighs. Looks like she is still angry, but then again who wouldn't be? If he was in her place, he would probably start planning a way to get free from the seal. And if that didn't work, he'd try finding his captor's weakness. When he gets free, revenge would be a simple matter. He can probably kill his captor outright, or try to trap him somehow at the very least. Slow torture would work, especially if he doesn't understand his captor's motives.

"Hey."

He can probably pretend to be under the seal even after breaking free. This would give him numerous chances to get close to his captor without being suspected. And when the time is right, he would-

"Hey Vincent!"

"E-eh?" he manages.

Youmu is standing a few yards away. She taps her foot impatiently.

"Are you coming? You do know that I can't stay too far."

"O-of course! Sorry about that!" he says quickly as he hurries forward.

Yuyuko suddenly pops out from behind a tree. Her eyes glitter with mischief.

"L-Lady Yuyuko! I thought you went ahead!" Youmu says.

"Ara?" she says as she covers her mouth with her fan. "I just got a bit lonely, so I waited for you two. But maybe I should have went ahead after all, seeing as you two are getting along perfectly."

Vincent only stares with his mouth agape. This looks like the start of another misunderstanding. He turns to see Youmu quite red, but he can't tell whether it is from anger or embarassment.

"I-It isn't what you think! I just wanted to make sure that he doesn't get lost!" Youmu says.

"Y-yes, I just spaced out for a bit," Vincent adds.

Yuyuko lowers her fan and gives them a long look. She raises her hand and points at them defiantly.

"Suspicious!"

Vincent struggles to find words, but he has nothing to say. He turns to Youmu, but she looks just as shocked. Yuyuko hovers closer to him with a serious expression. He freezes as she moves her head closer to his ear. The supernatural aura around her seems to have grown several times. Was she holding back earlier?

"If you hurt her, I'll kill you," Yuyuko whispers.

"W-what?"

She puts a finger to his lips.

"Just kidding!"

Yuyuko laughs as she starts walking down the path. Youmu sighs audibly before she follows. Vincent follows the two girls from behind. Now he has another misunderstanding to deal with.

A few minutes later, Youmu let's Yuyuko walk some distance ahead. This time, she makes sure Yuyuko is out of earshot. She turns to face Vincent.

"May I ask a favor?"

"A favor," Vincent repeats.

"Don't tell Lady Yuyuko about the seal," she says. "I don't want her involved in this."

"Alright. I'll keep it quiet for now."

"Thank you."

Vincent continues walking behind the two girls. They seem to be discussing some meeting Yuyuko had this morning. Since it doesn't involve him, he tunes the conversation out as he thinks about more pressing matters. What should he do next? For now, he can probably stay with the two of them in the mansion, but he can't hang around idly forever.

Then, he sees them: a neat row of cherry trees. He pauses to look at them. They aren't blooming, but somehow they seem familiar. He wonders idly how they would look during spring. As he takes a glance at the girls, he sees that they stopped to look at the trees as well. Perhaps the cherry trees in the Netherworld have an effect on everyone.

Yuyuko is standing quietly with a serious expression as she looks at the trees and the sky. Youmu is looking at the trees as well, but she has a strange expression on her face. Is that a smile? They both seem to be lost in their memories.

[ ] Talk to Yuyuko about something. (Specify)
[ ] Talk to Youmu about something. (Specify)
[ ] Custom.
>> No. 12374
[x] Silence is golden. Just admire the trees with them.
>> No. 12375
[x] Silence is golden. Just admire the trees with them.
>> No. 12376
[x] Silence is golden. Just admire the trees with them.
>> No. 12384
{X} Silence is golden. Just admire the trees with them.
>> No. 12390
[x] Silence is golden. Just admire the trees with them.

I can't think of anything.
>> No. 12391
File 122560605365.jpg - (49.82KB , 300x300 , myon.jpg ) [iqdb]
12391
[!/] Wonder why Myon is so soft.
>> No. 12395
[] Silence is golden. Just admire the trees with them.
It'll do.
>> No. 12397
[X] "HEY."
[X] "HEY."
[X] "TREES."
[X] "THOSE ARE TREES."
[X] "HEY."
[X] "LOOK, THOSE ARE TREES."
[X] "TREES."
[X] "LOOK."
[X] "TREES. THEY'RE TREES."
[X] "TREES."
>> No. 12428
File 122576196158.jpg - (224.93KB , 591x874 , youmu_blush.jpg ) [iqdb]
12428
Loading User Commands:
[X] Silence is golden. Just admire the trees with them.

---

"..."

There isn't anything to say.

The blue sky and the white clouds promise a pleasantly cool afternoon. Vincent feels the refreshing breeze as he admires the trees. Somehow, he feels at peace in this place. For the first time in days, he is able to forget the undead. Despite living in Europe all his life, he feels that this is all strangely familiar. He closes his eyes and smiles. He feels that this is...

...

"I-I love you!"

He stops in his tracks. Dressed in a modest green kimono, she looks up at him. Her long silver hair glitters under the moonlight. Her alabaster skin and soft red lips quiver as she waits in anticipation. Her deep brown eyes are slightly moist and her legs are shaking. She is simply dazzling.

A single cherry blossom petal falls to the ground between them.

"Don't be a fool," he says. "You know that we can't be together. We are..."

"... worlds apart," she says. "B-but I don't care! I don't care what others think! I don't care if things will never be the same again!"

He sighs.

"We are too different," he says.

It would never work. His family would never accept this. Her world would never accept this. And even if they somehow found a place to run away...

"I am, but a single moment, while you are eternity," he says.

She takes a few steps closer, then without warning, she embraces him tightly.

"You love me too," she whispers.

He says nothing as he returns her embrace. He can't deny it. He would die for her; he would live for her. He would give up anything to spend another moment with her. She has been his inspiration ever since they met. A life without her would be meaningless.

She pulls away from him, and looks straight into his eyes.

"Together, your moment will be my eternity, and my eternity will be your moment," she says.

He turns away. A single tear flows down his cheek. This takes her in his arms in an intimate embrace.

His hands shudder as he strokes her soft skin. The sensation as he holds her is indescribably spellbinding. Her hair smells faintly of cherries and mint. He can feel her breathe nervously over his shoulder. He wonders if she is scared, but as if in response, she pushes harder against him, unashamed. Surprised by her aggressiveness, he loses his balance and falls on his back.

Before the pain can register, he feels a gentle foreign sensation on his lips. He opens his eyes to see her blushing bright red.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I'm just so clumsy and-"

"You really are a fool," he says.

He interrupts her apology with his lips. He isn't sure how long the moment lasts, but afterward he found himself resting his head on her lap. He raises his hand and caresses her cheek as she looks tenderly down at him.

"If only this moment could last forever..."

...

"Hey, wake up already!"

Vincent slowly opens his eyes. He idly wonders why Youmu is looking down at him. She looks really irritated. If it weren't for the soft cushion his head was resting on, he would probably be scared. He blinks. They didn't bring any cushions. Her lap is really...

"Soft," he mutters.

"W-w-what? Get off me you pig!" she says.

His head hits the floor. He struggles to stand up as he reorients himself. That really hurt.

Looking around, it seems that they are back at the mansion. Yuyuko is nowhere to be seen. Youmu is scowling at him.

He doesn't understand why, but she looks really beautiful right now.

[ ] Embrace her tightly.
[ ] A single tear flows down his cheek.
[ ] Pretend nothing happened.
[ ] "S-so soft,"
[ ] "W-what happened?"
[ ] "T-that really hurt!"
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12429
[x] A single tear flows down his cheek.
[x] "S-so soft,"
[x] "W-what happened?"

Our body seems to be getting hijacked.
>> No. 12432
File 122576455079.jpg - (159.81KB , 500x600 , 1338f6953b0aebcd518ea1ae9ee98b5d.jpg ) [iqdb]
12432
[!/] "S-so soft,"
[!/] "W-what happened?"
>> No. 12434
[x] A single tear flows down his cheek.
[x] "W-what happened?"
>> No. 12442
[x] A single tear flows down his cheek.
[x] "..."
[x] "W-what happened?"
>> No. 12447
{X} A single tear flows down his cheek.
{X} "..."
{X} "W-what happened?"
>> No. 12467
[x] A single tear flows down his cheek.
[x] "..."
[x] "W-what happened?"
>> No. 12483
File 122581266750.png - (258.38KB , 600x600 , youmu.png ) [iqdb]
12483
Loading User Commands:
[X] A single tear flows down his cheek.
[X] "W-what happened?"

---

A single tear flows down his cheek.

"E-eh?" Youmu says. She looks worried.

Vincent quickly turns away to wipe it off.

"Don't mind it. You reminded me of someone just now," he says.

"I-I see," she says.

As he rubs his head, he gets a better look at her. She doesn't look angry. Her cheeks are tinged pink, and she is stroking her hair nervously with her left hand. Her mouth opens, as if to say something, but she closes it and bites her lips. She repeats this gesture several times. Her movements are clumsy and unsure.

This is certainly a fresh look for her. Vincent manages to clear his throat, but he feels himself blushing.

"So, w-what happened?" he asks.

Youmu takes a deep breath and manages to regain some composure.

"You passed out while we were watching the cherry trees," she says. "Lady Yuyuko had me take you back to the mansion to rest. Do you happen to be anemic or have any sort of medical condition?"

"None that I know of." he says. "So, where is Yuyuko?"

"She said that she was going to prepare something to help you recover. She headed straight to the kitchen when we got back."

"And she told you to watch over me?" he asks.

"Y-yes! I can't leave your side because of the seal, and I can't let Lady Yuyuko find out about it." she says.

Her eyes keep moving from her hands to his face, then back again. She looks like she wants to ask something. For a couple of minutes, he watches her struggle with herself. But before he can change the subject, she speaks.

"C-can I ask who I reminded you of?" she blurts out.

She covers her mouth immediately.

"I-I mean, you were speaking in your sleep. I-I didn't mean to be nosy but..."

Vincent feels himself turn bright red as he remembers his dream. It felt so vivid, almost like a memory.

[ ] "I don't want to talk about it."
[ ] "Forget it. That isn't important."
[ ] "It isn't any of your business."
[ ] "I can't really remember very well..."
[ ] "She was someone important to me."
[ ] "She was someone from my past."
[ ] "..."
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12486
[x] "She was someone important to me."
>> No. 12489
{X} "She was someone important to me."
>> No. 12490
[x] "She was someone important to me."
>> No. 12491
[ ] "I can't really remember very well..."

Mysterious past life he doesn't remember very well?
>> No. 12493
[x] "She... was someone very important to me... someone from my past... it isn't very important right now. I-I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you".
>> No. 12504
[x] "She was someone important to me."
>> No. 12511
[x] "She was someone important to me."
>> No. 12516
File 122587222156.jpg - (57.95KB , 450x500 , yuyuko.jpg ) [iqdb]
12516
Loading User Commands:
[X] "She was someone important to me."

---

Vincent can't remember her name, nor can he remember anything else about her. But he is sure of one thing.

"She was someone important to me."

Youmu looks away, unsure of what to say.

"..."

An awkward silence fills the room.

"Aww! Don't leave it hanging like that!"

Both of them jump at the sound of the voice.

"W-what the?"

"L-Lady Yuyuko?"

Yuyuko is sitting comfortably on a cushion in the corner. Beside her is a large wisp with a tray on it. How long has she been listening?

"Good to see that you are well enough to blush," she says to Vincent. "Eat this. It will help clear your head."

The wisp flies toward Vincent. The tray has a spoon and a bowl of soup that smells strongly of herbs. He takes the soup from the wisp and takes a sip.

"How is it?" Yuyuko asks.

"Cold, but refreshing," Vincent says. "It's quite good, actually."

Yuyuko smiles brightly.

"Be sure to finish it all. I think I will return to my room," she says. "I don't want to disturb you two."

"B-but we aren't -"

"D-don't misunderstand -"

She covers her mouth with her fan and chuckles softly. She gives them both a sly wink before she leaves.

"..."

After finishing the soup, Vincent places the bowl and spoon back on the tray. The wisp vibrates slightly before leaving the room with the tray.

He feels energized. His headache is gone. He feels like he just started the day. Whatever she used to make the soup must be powerful stuff.

"Feel better?" Youmu asks.

Vincent nods.

"Well then, what would you like to do?" she asks. "I suppose I'll have to accompany you, in any case."

There are a few places nearby that he can visit. However, he doesn't have the time to head down to Gensokyo.

[ ] Ask her to accompany you around the grounds.
[ ] Ask her if you can visit the Sanzu River.
[ ] Ask her if you can visit Poltergeist Mansion.
[ ] Find a room indoors and try to rest.
[ ] Try to find where Yuyuko went.
[ ] Offer to accompany her instead.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12517
[x] Offer to accompany her instead.
[x] Take a brisk walk around the grounds.
[x] Get some sleep for the day; in a nice, warm bed.
>> No. 12520
[x] Ask her if you can visit the Sanzu River.

Ask your local Titty Monster if she had to ferry any dead kids recently.
>> No. 12521
>>[ ] Ask her to accompany you around the grounds.
This could be fun, I guess.
>>[ ] Ask her if you can visit the Sanzu River.
I'd go for this ifwe weren't already going to have Youmu in this CYOA.
>>[ ] Ask her if you can visit Poltergeist Mansion.
Already have a CYOA about them, so no need.
>>[ ] Find a room indoors and try to rest.
Ehh...
>>[ ] Try to find where Yuyuko went.
Yuyu can go to hell, Youmu is important here.
>>[ ] Offer to accompany her instead.
Oho~
>>[ ] Custom
...

[X] Offer to accompany her instead.

Going with this.
>> No. 12524
[X] Offer to accompany her instead.
>> No. 12525
[X] Offer to accompany her instead.

its only fair
>> No. 12526
{X} Offer to accompany her instead.
>> No. 12528
>>12521
>Yuyu can go to hell, Youmu is important here.
;_;

Being a little nice won't hurt.
>> No. 12529
>>12528

First it's "being nice", then it's casual sex, and then we're aiming for Yuyuko while trying to hump every living thing that moves.

So yeah, Yuyu can go to hell.
>> No. 12530
File 122598396665.jpg - (122.07KB , 818x874 , youmu_stance.jpg ) [iqdb]
12530
Loading User Commands:
[X] Offer to accompany her instead.

---

"Why don't I accompany you instead?" Vincent says. "I'm sure you have some things to finish this afternoon."

"Hmm," Youmu says. "Well, there is one thing I usually do at this time..."

Youmu leads Vincent to a small training dojo beside the mansion.

"If I don't train, I might get rusty," she says.

Vincent takes a seat against one of the walls. Youmu draws the longer of her two blades and starts with some vertical practice swings. After a few minutes, she switches to horizontal swings. Then, she begins moving her legs along with her swings. Nothing really catches Vincent's interest, as these are standard warm-ups.

"..."

Youmu sheathes her sword and closes her eyes to concentrate. In the next moment, she draws and swings her blade numerous times. Vincent barely has time to blink. That was too fast for any normal human. She wipes a bit of sweat from her brow after the technique.

"Wow, sixteen strikes in a split second. Amazing technique." Vincent says.

Youmu looks at him curiously. She is staring at him with an expression he can't read.

"Umm, did I say something wrong?" he asks.

"Might be a fluke," she mutters. "Just in case, could you watch this next move and tell me what you see?"

Vincent gives her a shrug.

"I can try, I guess..."

Youmu sheathes her sword and concentrates once more. This time, she takes a full minute before she moves. In a single moment, she draws both swords and swings them with inhuman speed and accuracy. There is no way that he can see every strike. However, her movements look strangely familiar.

"How many?" she asks.

Vincent blinks. This time, he definitely couldn't see each move. However, he thinks he can make a good guess.

"I didn't see every move," he admits. "But based on your foot movements and stance, I'd say you made 107 strikes."

Youmu narrows her eyes.

"I-I mean that I think you were going to swing 108 times, but you paused slightly on the second to the last rotation."

"..."

"Umm..."

"Impossible," she says. "No human should be able to see my foot movements, and only those of the Konpaku family can recognize our stances."

Vincent opens his mouth to protest, but finds that he has nothing to say. How did he see her swings? They were definitely faster than any master swordsman he has seen. How did he recognize her stance? He never studied swordsmanship outside of Europe. The more he thinks about it, the more his confusion increases.

Youmu has a slightly glazed look as her gaze moves from his face to his sword and back again. Her mouth is slightly open. Her right hand is tightly gripping her longer sword. Her legs are shaking a little. Is she excited?

Vincent pauses. This might be a chance to learn something important, but it also looks damn dangerous.

He wonders idly if this girl know how to hold back.

[ ] Try to make up an excuse. She might kill you by accident.
[ ] Ask if you can train beside her. Maybe you can try to copy her moves.
[ ] Ask if you can spar with her. Maybe you can learn something important.
[ ] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
[ ] Custom

If he is going to participate, he should use:
[ ] His own sword.
[ ] One of the wooden practice swords in the dojo.
>> No. 12532
[x] Ask if you can spar with her. Maybe you can learn something important.
[x] One of the wooden practice swords in the dojo.

I think we ate some dead guy's memories.
>> No. 12533
{X} Ask if you can spar with her. Maybe you can learn something important.
{X} One of the wooden practice swords in the dojo.
>> No. 12536
[x] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
[x] His own sword.
[x] Put stakes on the duel. If you win, she has to train you and be obedient with every request, and not make any trouble for you. If she wins, you will remove the seal on her Myon and set her free. Either way, Yuyuko approves of us, and we can keep freeloading at her house.

What's the risk? Death? Prfft. We've got crazy superpowers we know nothing about! This calls for irrational action!

Heh, I can smell a generic plotline from a mile away, AND RAGE AT IT.
>> No. 12537
[x] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
[x] His own sword.
>> No. 12538
File 122601715419.jpg - (262.77KB , 640x480 , dbd356bcc87a58602b973f3ae36aadde.jpg ) [iqdb]
12538
[!/] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
[!/] His own sword.

YOUMU, SUGOI~
>> No. 12539
[x] RAPE
>> No. 12540
>>12539
(ಠ_ಠ)

Oh, Vincent hasn't been killed yet, has he? Gotta do something about that...
>> No. 12541
[x] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
[x] His own sword.
>> No. 12542
>>12540

Whaaaat~ You can totally see she's begging for it. <_<
>> No. 12543
>>12542
><_<

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 12544
>He stops in his tracks. Dressed in a modest green kimono, she looks up at him. Her long silver hair glitters under the moonlight. Her alabaster skin and soft red lips quiver as she waits in anticipation. Her deep brown eyes are slightly moist and her legs are shaking. She is simply dazzling.

Guessing this isn't actually Vincent's memories but that of someone in the Konpaku family whose spirit he's absorbed.

>"Impossible," she says. "No human should be able to see my foot movements, and only those of the Konpaku family can recognize our stances."

[x] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
>> No. 12548
>[ ] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
>[ ] His own sword.
So we're having a swordsman's duel, with real swords.

>[ ] Put stakes on the duel.
Wait, what?

[x] Ask if you can spar with her. Maybe you can learn something important.
[x] One of the wooden practice swords in the dojo.
>> No. 12553
[x] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
[x] His own sword.
>> No. 12559
File 122605781912.jpg - (806.92KB , 1233x1359 , youmu_duel.jpg ) [iqdb]
12559
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask if you can have a duel. Maybe you can defeat her.
[X] His own sword.

---

Vincent needs answers, and this is the best way he knows.

"Hey Youmu, would you like to have a duel with me?"

"W-what?" Youmu asks.

"There is something that I'd like to confirm, and regular sparring won't be enough."

Vincent leaves his crossbow, revolver, and coat on the ground. They will just be hindrances in this kind of fight. He walks a few yards in front of Youmu.

"What say you, half-ghost?" he asks. "Perhaps you doubt my skills?"

Youmu grins.

"I accept your challenge, ghost hunter."

They take their positions. Youmu takes an attack stance, ready to draw her blade. Vincent draws his sword and takes a balanced fencing stance. Neither of them takes a single step.

Vincent takes a glance at his own sword. He doesn't remember the details, but he knows that the sword was specifically designed to damage the undead. It has several runes inscribed on its hilt, and its blade glints with the reflection of the afternoon sun. While he carries other weapons, this sword has been his most favored instrument. With this in his hand, he would face even the nameless horrors of the abyss.

He turns his gaze back to Youmu. She gives him an unexpected smile. In the next moment, several things happen. Youmu steps forward and draws her blade. Vincent dodges to the right and avoids her strike. Then, he thrusts his blade at Youmu's side. Youmu draws her shorter sword and parries the blow. Vincent jumps backward to dodge her follow-up swing.

"Not bad," Youmu says.

"You're pretty good yourself," Vincent manages.

For the next minute, they exchange careful strikes, as if to measure their opponent's skill. Both of them are using basic forms and swings. However, Youmu clearly has an advantage with her speed. Vincent is hard pressed just avoiding and blocking her attacks. At this rate, he is definitely going to get tired first.

He pauses to catch his breath after the next exchange. Objectively, he doesn't think he has much of a chance. Youmu hasn't even used the speed she showed earlier. She must be holding back. But why would she do that?

"Stop holding back," Youmu says. "I want to see what you are capable of."

Vincent pauses. He is able to read most of Youmu's moves, despite never studying her school of swordsmanship. If he can find even a small opening in her defense, he might have a chance to win. But it is risky.

[ ] Fight defensively.
[ ] Fight aggressively.
[ ] Call it a draw.
[ ] Forfeit the match.
[ ] Let her win.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12560
[X] Fight aggressively.
[X] Use trickery: if the opportunity arises, try to steal a kiss to distract her.
>> No. 12561
[X] Fight in sort of a relaxed, casual way.
[X] You know, that relaxed, casual way that just sort of infuriates whoever you're fighting.
[X] Don't take anything of it seriously, pretty much.
>> No. 12565
[x] Fight aggressively.

Like she said, no holding back. Push it to the limit and see if we can't break through to some hidden power inside us.
>> No. 12566
[x] Fight aggressively.
>> No. 12567
[x] Fight aggressively.
>> No. 12570
File 122609983985.png - (233.63KB , 475x353 , k.png ) [iqdb]
12570
Oh-ho~ She may be fast, but we are stronger!

[x] GYAKUDOU!!

We don't even need to hit her. Let's throw her off guard by putting a big hole in the floor!
>> No. 12571
I like >>12561 .

[x] Fight in sort of a relaxed, casual way.
[x] You know, that relaxed, casual way that just sort of infuriates whoever you're fighting.

So like Spike?
>> No. 12573
>>12570

MAKKAI NA CHIKAI!

[x] Fight in sort of a relaxed, casual way.
[x] You know, that relaxed, casual way that just sort of infuriates whoever you're fighting.
>> No. 12576
File 12261347836.jpg - (47.34KB , 500x500 , youmu.jpg ) [iqdb]
12576
Loading User Commands:
[X] Fight aggressively.

---

"Don't tell me that this is your limit," Youmu says.

Vincent pants heavily. If the battle goes any longer, he will surely be defeated.

"And if it is?" he asks.

Youmu turns to him with a serious expression. Her eyes are burning with fighting spirit. She raises one of her swords and points it at him.

"Then you would be a liar and a coward." she says.

"Liar and a coward," he repeats.

[This girl mocks us so openly!]

"..."

[We will not take this insult lightly, not from someone like her...]

"No, we will not." he mutters.

[She will learn why the darkness fears us.]

Vincent tightens his grip on his sword. This time, he takes an attack stance. He narrows his eyes and concentrates. Youmu smiles in response.

He launches himself from the ground and starts his offensive with a straight thrust. Youmu dodges it with ease. As his left foot lands on the ground, he twists quickly to swing the blade horizontally. She gasps and barely blocks it with her shorter blade. His right foot lands on the ground. He shifts his weight and repositions his blade for a thrust to her side. She parries the attack with her longer blade. He jumps quickly to the right to dodge the swing of her short blade.

"Much better," Youmu says.

"..."

[Not yet.]

They continue to exchange swings, and Vincent presses on with his attacks. Youmu focuses on blocking and dodging. Perhaps she senses that something changed. But that won't help her now.

[There it is.]

Youmu blocks another thrust with her longer sword. Vincent easily dodges the counter swing of her short blade. He noticed earlier that there is an opening when she does this combination of moves. This time, his legs are positioned properly.

[Kill her.]

What?

[Kill her now!]

Vincent's right foot already launched him from the ground. Youmu's eyes widen in surprise.

[ ] Take advantage of the opening.
[ ] Twist yourself and try to change direction.
>> No. 12577
[ ] Twist yourself and try to change direction.

can't have a Youmu route if there's no Youmu
>> No. 12578
[x] Twist yourself and try to change direction.
[x] "I think that's it for today!" you say with a smile, quickly gathering your stuff and heading back to the house.

Something tells me that Youmu would block our strike easily, but it's probably better to play the passive role.
>> No. 12579
[x] Twist yourself and try to change direction.
>> No. 12580
[x] Twist yourself and try to change direction.
>> No. 12581
{X} Twist yourself and try to change direction.
>> No. 12583
[x] Do the twist.
>> No. 12584
>>12583

[x] Twist and shout!
>> No. 12585
File 122622612891.jpg - (224.30KB , 800x800 , youmu.jpg ) [iqdb]
12585
Loading User Commands:
[X] Twist yourself and try to change direction.

---

[Kill her.]

Vincent looks into Youmu's eyes. Something feels... familiar.

[Kill her now!]

"I really am a fool," he says to himself.

Several things happen in the next second. He twists his body hard to the right, changing his trajectory. Youmu struggles to dodge the strike. She gasps as his thrust misses her side by a few inches. He sighs in relief before slamming his head hard on the dojo wall.

Everything turns to black.

...

"..ere...hy?"

"I...atch...im."

"..right.. ing...kitchen."

"..yuko.. thank..."

"..."

Cold. He feels something cold on his head. He tries to open his eyes, but his eyelids feel too heavy. Not just his eyes, but his whole body feels heavy. His body feels, foreign, for the lack of a better word. Is this really his body? Is this just another dream?

Soft. Something soft is rubbing against his skin. The sensation is pleasant and nostalgic. He feels himself relax. He doesn't need to worry. He knows he can stay here. This place is safe.

...

Vincent opens his eyes. He sits up and yawns. He had a pleasant dream, but he can't remember the details. He groggily looks around.

The room is plainly decorated with a few paintings on the walls. There is a short table and cushion on the right. The sliding door of the room is open, revealing a small pond and garden. The afternoon sun shines pleasantly against the water. This must be one of the guest rooms of the mansion.

He is lying on a futon spread on the center of the room. Looking down, he notices that he is now wearing a white kimono with some blue floral designs. He quickly feels under his blanket, and sighs in relief when he finds that his pants are intact. Looking to the left, he sees the rest of his clothes piled up in the corner. His weapons and pack are lying beside them.

"Mmrrgmmhnnn..."

He turns around to find the owner of the voice. However, its owner simply mumbles something incoherent before nodding back to sleep. Youmu is lying against the wall behind him. Her legs are spread carelessly apart, and her swords seem to be getting in the way. The top button of her dress has come undone. Her short hair is slightly ruffled.

After staring at her peaceful sleeping face for a few minutes, Vincent manages to get up. His head still hurts when he touches it, but there isn't any noticeable swelling.

[ ] Check your things. See if anything is missing.
[ ] Wake up Youmu. You need to know what happened.
[ ] Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
[ ] Cover Youmu up with the blanket. She might be cold.
[ ] Take Youmu's swords and leave them in the corner. They are in the way.
[ ] Leave the room and try to find Yuyuko. She might be awake.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12586
{X} Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
>> No. 12587
[x] Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
[x] Cover Youmu up with the blanket. She might be cold.
[x] Take Youmu's swords and leave them in the corner. They are in the way.
[x] Check your things. See if anything is missing.
[x] Leave the room and try to find Yuyuko. She might be awake.

In this order.
>> No. 12588
[x] Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
[x] Take Youmu's swords and leave them in the corner. They are in the way.
[x] Cover Youmu up with the blanket. She might be cold.
[x] Check your things. See if anything is missing.

>[ ] Leave the room and try to find Yuyuko. She might be awake.
Can't go anywhere without Youmu, remember.
>> No. 12591
[x] Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
[x] Take Youmu's swords and leave them in the corner. They are in the way.
[x] Cover Youmu up with the blanket. She might be cold.
[x] Check your things. See if anything is missing.
>> No. 12592
>>12588
[x] Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
[x] Cover Youmu up with the blanket. She might be cold.
[x] Take Youmu's swords and leave them in the corner. They are in the way.
[x] Check your things. See if anything is missing.
[x] Leave the room and try to find Yuyuko. She might be awake.

we left our things, this includes the skull. so we can roam freely
>> No. 12594
>>12592
Then we're giving up on the whole hostage thing? If she wakes up, she'll...wait, did she take the skull already? We had it wrapped in cloth and attached to our belt. Maybe she isn't able to unseal it, though.

We should check on that before we decide where to go.
>> No. 12595
[†] Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
[†] Cover Youmu up with the blanket. She might be cold.
[†] Take Youmu's swords and leave them in the corner. They are in the way.
[†] Check your things. See if anything is missing.
[†] Leave the room and try to find Yuyuko. She might be awake.
>> No. 12598
>>12594

FFFFFF

She may have handed it over to Yuyuko.
>> No. 12600
File 122628243726.jpg - (66.97KB , 532x750 , youmu_sleeping.jpg ) [iqdb]
12600
Loading User Commands:
[X] Carry Youmu to the futon. She doesn't look very comfortable.
[X] Cover Youmu up with the blanket. She might be cold.
[X] Take Youmu's swords and leave them in the corner. They are in the way.
[X] Check your things. See if anything is missing.

---

Vincent looks at the half-ghost thoughtfully. Seems like she isn't waking up any time soon. She looks so helpless and innocent like this. Somehow, he feels that he needs to protect this person. At the very least, he can't let her continue sleeping in such an uncomfortable position.

He carefully takes her swords and leaves them in the corner. Her swordsmanship was incredible, but even a master needs to rest. He makes sure to leave them where she can see them when she awakens.

He straightens up the futon, then takes a glance at Youmu. He sighs as he nudges her gently. Seems like she won't be getting up on her own. He gently carries the girl to the futon. She is surprisingly light. He shudders slightly as he notices the softness of her skin. Her sleeping face is flawless and unblemished. He wonders how such a master swordsman would survive unscarred through the years.

He covers Youmu up with the blanket. He doesn't want her to catch a cold after watching over him. Then, he takes a moment to check his things in the corner.

"Looks like nothing is missing," he mutters.

He looks back and jumps slightly. Youmu is sitting up on the futon with a glazed look on her face. He kneels down beside her and waits for her to speak.

Suddenly, she embraces Vincent tightly. He can't see the expression on her face. Her grip tightens as he remains frozen, unsure of how to react. Is she still half-asleep?

[ ] Do nothing, with mouth agape.
[ ] Push her away.
[ ] Slowly return her embrace.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12601
[ ] Gently untangle yourselves.
[ ] It would be wrong to take advantage of a girl who's not "all there", even if it's only this sort of body contact.
>> No. 12602
[ ] Gently untangle yourselves.
[ ] It would be wrong to take advantage of a girl who's not "all there", even if it's only this sort of body contact.
>> No. 12603
[X] Slowly return her embrace.
[X] Lay down with her and go back to sleep.
>> No. 12605
[X] Slowly return her embrace.
[X] Lay down with her and go back to sleep.

Hugging someone is in no sense "taking advantage" of them.
>> No. 12607
[x] Don't move.
[x] "Y-Y-Youmu?"
>> No. 12608
[x] Don't move.
[x] "Y-Y-Youmu?"

Changing vote.
>> No. 12609
[x] "Youmu? You awake?" as you slowly return her embrace.

i combine
>> No. 12610
[x] Don't move.
[x] "Y-Y-Youmu?"
>> No. 12612
So many choices.... This has surely become a battle of moe!
>> No. 12613
{X} Don't move.
{X} "Y-Y-Youmu?"
>> No. 12617
[x] Don't move.
[x] "Y-Y-Youmu?"

Do want Youmu waking up fully and blushing furiously.
>> No. 12618
>>12609

I rewrite.

[x] "Come, now; sleep properly" you say as you put your hands around her waist and lay her back down, gently removing her arms and placing them by her sides. "I'll stay by your side until you wake".
[x] Think about all that's happened up until now. Try and figure out what that voice in your head is and how to control your sudden urges so that you don't harm those around you.
>> No. 12619
>>12618
Sweet, but seems out of character.
>> No. 12624
File 122636563759.jpg - (21.93KB , 191x202 , youmu_blush2.jpg ) [iqdb]
12624
Loading User Commands:
[X] Don't move.
[X] "Y-Y-Youmu?

---

Vincent remains still as Youmu tightens her embrace. He feels her soft fingers clutch his side with unexpected strength. Her silky silver hair is gently tickling his neck and shoulder. Her chest is dangerously close to his. A strange, tantalizing aroma is emanating from her. Is it perfume? Or maybe it's just her own scent?

"..."

He doesn't know how long she holds him like this. Conflicting thoughts race through his mind. Should he push her away? If Yuyuko comes inside now, this would get complicated. Should he return her embrace? Youmu doesn't look like she is fully awake. Should he ...? He shakes his head violently, trying to clear it of lewd thoughts.

He looks down at Youmu to see her eyes slowly focus. Then, they widen in shock. Her face turns bright red.

"Y-Y-Youmu?" he manages.

Youmu pushes herself away from him and covers her chest.

"W-what are you doing?" she cries.

"I wasn't doing anything!" he counters. "I just went to check if you were alright, then suddenly you grabbed me!"

"I-I grabbed you? W-w-wha? H-how do I know you weren't planning something p-p-perverted!"

Vincent looks at her with a serious expression.

"I'm not the type to take advantage of a girl in her sleep."

Youmu blushes furiously.

"B-but you a-aren't... H-he said exactly the s-same... I-I haven't met... c-can't be a dream?"

The two stare at each other for a full minute before Youmu recovers.

"I-I have to go!" she says as she rushes outside.

"Wait, you can't -"

She takes a few steps outside before he can warn her. A few seconds later, he hears a loud yelp and a dull thud on the floor. Looks like she completely forgot about the barrier.

"..."

[ ] Go outside and see what happened. Youmu might be hurt.
[ ] Stay in the room and think. What just happened?
[ ] Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
[ ] Take your weapons. You feel naked without them.
[ ] Take Youmu's swords. She might want them back.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12625
File 122636598980.jpg - (50.11KB , 600x500 , 65d197ec39610491f7e46c5e4d067106.jpg ) [iqdb]
12625
[!/] Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.

YoumoHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>> No. 12626
[x] Stomp outside, pick Youmu up, bring her back, dump her on the mattress, fall on your ass, and give her a strict staring at.
[x] "Calm the fuck down, princess. I would never hurt you, and I don't want you hurting yourself out of some misunderstanding. Now tell me what you meant by 'You aren't', 'I haven't met' and especially 'He said the same thing'. Did someone take advantage of you in the past?!"
>> No. 12627
[X] Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
>> No. 12634
{X} Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
>> No. 12635
{†} Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
>> No. 12650
[x] Take your weapons. You feel naked without them.
[x] Take Youmu's swords. She might want them back.

Who really knows if it's the barrier? There might be a hungry youkai or zombie baby out there.
>> No. 12652
>>12650

>zombie baby
ಠ_ಠ
get out
>> No. 12656
[x] Go outside and see what happened. Youmu might be hurt.
[x] Take Youmu's swords. She might want them back.

Having the swords back might help calm her down.
>> No. 12657
[x] Go outside and see what happened. Youmu might be hurt.
[x] Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
[x] Take Youmus swords. She might want them back.
>> No. 12658
[x] Go outside and see what happened. Youmu might be hurt.
[x] Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
[x] Take Youmus swords. She might want them back.

always Gittai-da!
>> No. 12668
[x] Go outside and see what happened. Youmu might be hurt.
[x] Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
[x] Take Youmus swords. She might want them back.
>> No. 12698
File 122657221567.jpg - (38.79KB , 621x500 , youmu_surprised.jpg ) [iqdb]
12698
Loading User Commands:
[X] Go outside and see what happened. Youmu might be hurt.
[X] Take the skull with you. It is still wrapped in cloth.
[X] Take Youmu's swords. She might want them back.

---

Vincent sighs as he gets up. Looks like this is starting to get complicated. He picks up the skull and Youmu's swords as he leaves the room after her. He only takes a few steps outside before he finds Youmu sitting on the ground.

"Mou~," she says. "That really hurt..."

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Y-yeah. I forgot about the barrier. Don't mind it."

He rushes over and kneels beside her. He starts checking her head and neck for injuries.

"W-wha-"

"Don't move." he says sternly.

Youmu stays unexpectedly still as he continues examining her. She doesn't seem to have any cuts or internal injuries, but she is shaking. She is a bit pale, but her cheeks are flush. Vincent tries to check her temperature, but she immediately pushes him away. Perhaps she just needs some rest?

"G-get away!" she says.

"I don't see any serious injuries." Vincent says.

"I-I-I'm just fine!" she says.

Vincent looks at her thoughtfully for a moment. Is she angry for some reason?

"Here. You forgot these," he says as he passes Youmu her weapons.

"T-Thanks," she mumbles.

She seems to calm down a bit with the swords at hand.

"Your swordsmanship is amazing," he says. "I have never seen anything like it."

"Thanks, but I'm no master," she says. "My teacher always reminded me that I need more training."

"I can only dream of matching that kind of speed," he says. "I guess that losing that match was a given."

Youmu stays silent as she examines her blades. She seems to be in deep thought.

"A-anyway, I think I need more practice before I challenge you again," Vincent manages.

".. you..." she mutters.

"Excuse me?"

She looks at him with a serious expression.

"You can read and react to my movements and technique, yet you insist on telling me that you've never studied Konpaku swordsmanship."

"..."

"Who are you, really?"

Vincent sighs.

"I told you, I don't remember that much. And I definitely don't remember seeing anything like your sword techniques before."

She draws her longer blade slightly out of its scabbard.

"Don't lie to me," she says as she narrows her eyes. "You found an opening in my defense. Why did you hold back?"

"W-what?" he says.

"Are you looking down on me because I'm a girl?"

Her eyes are cold and commanding. He reflexively reaches for his sword, but he is unarmed.

"You should explain yourself and - Kyaaa!"

Youmu jumps in surprise. Vincent can see a familiar figure behind her.

"I hate to interrupt a lover's quarrel," Yuyuko says. "But I believe that one of my favorite times of the day is approaching."

"L-Lady Yuyuko!"

"If you continue acting like that, you might scare him away, you know," she says.

"W-what are you talking about?"

Yuyuko ignores her and starts walking toward Vincent. Her sparkling reddish-purple eyes are full of kindness and concern. Her wavy pink hair carelessly flutters as she approaches. Her blue and white kimono sways in the wind as she gracefully takes each step. She puts a hand on his shoulder and gives him a gentle smile. He senses a familiar floral aroma as she draws herself closer. It reminds him of some bitter-sweet memory, though none in particular comes to mind.

"Don't worry," she whispers. "I'll have you instead, if you like."

Vincent pauses.
[ ] Offer to accompany Yuyuko in the dining room.
[ ] Offer to help Youmu in the kitchen.
[ ] Excuse yourself and return to your room.
[ ] Excuse yourself and wander aimlessly around the grounds.
[ ] Custom

The skull?
[ ] Bring it with you.
[ ] Discretely pass it to Youmu.
>> No. 12699
[x] Excuse yourself and wander aimlessly around the grounds.
[x] Get your sword first before wandering.
[x] Discretely pass it to Youmu.
>> No. 12700
[x] Excuse yourself and wander aimlessly around the grounds.
[x] Get your sword first before wandering.
[x] Discretely pass it to Youmu.

After that I wouldn't want to be around either of them, even if we're going after one of them.
>> No. 12701
{X} Excuse yourself and wander aimlessly around the grounds.
{X} Get your sword first before wandering.
{X} Discretely pass it to Youmu.
>> No. 12710
{†} Excuse yourself and wander aimlessly around the grounds.
{†} Get your sword first before wandering.
{†} Discretely pass it to Youmu.

Youmoe routeee~
>> No. 12711
I don't know about the rest of you, but the concept of having Youmu on a leash (sort of) is rather amusing.
>> No. 12715
>>12711

Actually, I've had that mental image for quite awhile now, myself. Amusing? Yes. Sexy? Definitely.
>> No. 12720
[x] Excuse yourself and wander aimlessly around the grounds.
[x] Get your sword first before wandering.
[x] Discretely pass it to Youmu.

Let Youmu cool off. Seems like she has her own things to think about.
>> No. 12721
File 122663578311.jpg - (14.58KB , 320x240 , brown_package.jpg ) [iqdb]
12721
Loading User Commands:
[X] Excuse yourself and wander aimlessly around the grounds.
[X] Get your sword first before wandering.
[X] Discretely pass it to Youmu.

---

"E-excuse me, but I think I'll have a quiet walk before dinner," Vincent says. "I need some time alone."

"Aww," Yuyuko says. She looks genuinely disappointed.

He walks over to Youmu and shoves the skull into her hands. Yuyuko looks puzzled.

"Here's what you needed," he says vaguely before heading back to the room. Technically, it isn't a lie.

"T-thanks!" Youmu manages. "I-I'll head to the kitchen to prepare dinner."

Vincent can feel Yuyuko staring at his back like a lost puppy, but he isn't going to be taken in by just that. The atmosphere is just too awkward right now, and Yuyuko might unintentionally make it worse. He feels that everyone could use some time to calm down and sort out their thoughts, especially himself.

As an afterthought, he picks up his longsword from the room before starting his walk. He doubts if he will meet any trouble around the mansion, but he feels safer carrying it around.

...

The walk around the mansion is uneventful, but he finds time to relax and think. The past week has been confusing. He isn't even sure how he found his way here, and he has no idea how to go back.

He vaguely remembers working for the Church as part of a special unit that specialized in exterminating undead. He travelled all over Europe to kill zombies, poltergeists, vampires, and other horrors. However, his last mission was unusual - he was sent alone without specific instructions.

Before he knew it, he was forced to take shelter in an old church to escape a horde of undead. If it weren't for the supplies in the basement and the escape tunnel, he would be rotting among their ranks right now. Somehow, he found himself in this strange new world.

"So, is this a second chance, then?" he asks aloud.

Vincent always believed that the undead were aberrations of nature, and that they must be destroyed. However, he finds himself staying in this mansion with ghostly beings. Was he wrong to slay all those creatures in the past?

He finds himself at the front entrance of the mansion. He spots a brown package left near the door. Looks like someone left this earlier. Perhaps neither Yuyuko nor Youmu noticed.

Vincent should head back to the dining room soon.
[ ] Open the package.
[ ] Take the package with you.
[ ] Leave the package.
>> No. 12722
[X] Take the package with you.

I can't help but feel a little sorry for Vincent. Undead that are not exclusively of an evil alignment must be totally foreign to him.
>> No. 12723
>However, his last mission was unusual - he was sent alone without specific instructions.

I blame Siki. She's going to pop up suddenly, and then we're never going to hear the end of it.

[x] Take the package with you.
>> No. 12724
[!/] Take the package with you.
>> No. 12725
[x] Leave the package.

This package is evil.
>> No. 12726
[x] Take the package with you.
>> No. 12732
[x] Kick the package.
>> No. 12733
[c] Check to see if the addressee is labeled on the package
>> No. 12736
[x] Take the package with you.

Seems like we had a visitor while we were tying up Youmu in the shed...
>> No. 12737
Anthrax moe~
>> No. 12739
File 122670996726.jpg - (83.27KB , 640x695 , yuyuko_happy.jpg ) [iqdb]
12739
Loading User Commands:
[X[ Take the package with you.

---

Vincent returns to the dining room with the package. Yuyuko has already started eating. She waves at him energetically. Youmu sighs with exasperation.

"We just started eating," Yuyuko says. She passes her bowl to Youmu for a refill. Youmu takes it with a frown. Looks like Youmu hasn't started eating. Vincent waves back as he takes his seat.

"Feeling better?" Youmu asks.

"Yeah, I had some time to think. I suppose that I will just need some time to adjust to this strange new world." he says.

"Wafs fafd?" Yuyuko asks. Her mouth seems to be full of rice and fish.

"Please swallow before speaking." Youmu says lightly.

"This?" Vincent says. "I found it near the entrance."

Vincent gives the package to Yuyuko after she puts down her chopsticks.

"Oh," she says as she reads the label. "It's from Yukari! I wonder if she asked the fox to deliver it."

"I was busy earlier," Youmu says, giving Vincent a stern look. "I might have missed her."

"Let us see what~ Yukari sent us~ on this pleasant day~" Yuyuko says in a sing-song manner.

She removes the package bindings and opens it slowly. It looks like an ornate box. Vincent looks at it with interest. A glance to the side tells him that Youmu seems interested as well. Yuyuko opens the box slightly and peeks inside. Her smile widens. She closes it before Vincent and Youmu can identify its contents.

"She finally sent it!" Yuyuko says. "Yay~"

She prances around the room happily like a child.

"Sit down and finish your food, Lady Yuyuko," Youmu says.

"Oh right!" she says, recovering immediately. "Sorry about that, I just got a bit excited."

Yuyuko turns to Vincent.

"So, as a ghost hunter," she says. "You must know some great ghost stories."

Vincent pauses to think. For some reason, he can recall a few recent incidents. Perhaps his memory is beginning to recover. He doesn't notice Youmu shudder slightly.

"I wouldn't say that they are ghost stories, but I can talk about some of the things I've encountered..."

Vincent starts describing an incident at a rural village. He was sent to investigate a series of unusual murders. Every year during a festival, one person would go missing while another would be found brutally murdered. Yuyuko listens intently as she eats. Youmu seems disinterested, but her movements seem oddly mechanical.

"... so on the third day, we discovered one of the villagers dead on the road. By the wounds and markings on his neck, we concluded that he must have clawed his own throat out and bled to death..."

"E-excuse me," Youmu says as she stands up from the table. She looks quite pale. She gives a polite bow before leaving the room. Yuyuko chuckles a bit.

"Did I say something wrong?" Vincent asks.

"She won't admit it," Yuyuko says. "But she hates ghost stories, especially scary ones."

"I see..."

"Please go on," she says. "So, what happened next?"

...

After dinner, Youmu leads Vincent back to his room. She gives a few directions to the bathrooms and the other places in the mansion before leaving. Vincent doesn't have a chance to change the subject. Perhaps she doesn't feel like talking right now.

Alone in his room, Vincent starts looking at the futon longingly. He hasn't properly slept in a soft bed for the longest time (being knocked unconscious twice doesn't count).

[ ] Go to sleep.
[ ] Explore the mansion.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12740
[x] Go to sleep.
>> No. 12742
[!/] Go to sleep.

Hanyuu~
>> No. 12743
[x] Go to sleep.

We can always explore in the morning.
>> No. 12744
{X} Go to sleep.
>> No. 12747
[x] Go to sleep.

Mindfuck time.
>> No. 12760
I see what you did there.

[x] Go to sleep.

Does anyone realize that these choices is the exact same as the one in the SDM story?
>> No. 12776
File 12268184975.jpg - (96.99KB , 800x800 , yuyuko.jpg ) [iqdb]
12776
Loading User Commands:
[X] Go to sleep.

---

Vincent struggles to keep his eyelids open, but he is too tired now. The futon is comfortable, the night is cool, and he is in a safe place. He sighs as he gives in and falls into a deep slumber. The body and mind need to rest in preparation for the morning. A few hours pass. He has a restful and dreamless sleep.

"..."

He shivers in his futon, but there isn't any wind. The doors to the room are closed. He opens a single eye to survey the room, but he sees nothing unusual.

"..."

He feels it again. Something cold is approaching. This feeling is familiar...

[Get your weapons.]

He sits himself up and rubs his eyes.

[Hurry. It is coming.]

Silently, he jumps out of the futon. He quickly gathers his weapons and coat. He doesn't have time to change out of the kimono, so he just wears his coat over it. He takes a defensive stance as he faces the door.

"..."

[It is waiting for us outside.]

Vincent keeps his hand ready to draw his sword as he steps slowly toward the door. He opens the door quickly and prepares to strike, but there is no one outside. He takes a few steps into the garden. He looks up to see a dark and cloudy night sky.

[To the left.]

He turns left to see a strange glow in the distance. As he gets closer, he realizes that the light is emitted from thousands of butterflies. Someone seems to be at the center of the night lights. He calms down slightly as he recognizes the figure. He waves at the figure and calls out her name.

[You fool...]

Yuyuko turns around and smiles at Vincent.

"Have a walk with me?" she asks.

"I don't mind, but why walk around this late?" he asks in return. "Won't Youmu be worried?"

"Don't think about her tonight," she says as she turns toward the butterflies.

Vincent stays silent as he follows her gaze to the butterflies. The colors and lights are quite mesmerizing.

"They are beautiful, aren't they?" Yuyuko asks. She starts walking deeper into the garden.

"Yes," he says. "They are very beautiful."

The two continue walking deeper into the garden. They talk about mundane things, like the night sky and the different flowers and plants in the garden. Vincent soon loses track of time.

"So then," Yuyuko says as she stops walking. "May I ask you for a favor?"

"Anything for the Princess of Ghosts," Vincent says with a bow.

"Kiss me."

Yuyuko puts a hand on his cheek. He can smell an unfamiliar aroma from her.

Unfamiliar? He pauses to think.

[You are such a fool.]

He struggles to keep a straight face. He looks around and realizes that he is no longer within the grounds of Hakugyokurou.

[This is a trap.]
>> No. 12779
File 12268189812.jpg - (114.50KB , 500x500 , yuyuko_smile.jpg ) [iqdb]
12779
Yuyuko's smile widens as she reads his expression. Her eyes leer at him like a predator playing with its prey.

"Am I not good enough for you?" she asks mockingly.

Vincent jumps several steps back and draws his sword.

"Who the hell are you?" he shouts.

Yuyuko giggles madly at him. His surroundings are starting to get darker.

"What do you want?" he asks. He can't tell which way they came from.

"What do I want?" Yuyuko repeats. "What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~"

She stops speaking and gives Vincent a kind and gentle smile.

"I want you to die."

Yuyuko fades into the darkness. Vincent can hear several groans from afar. The sickening crunch of bone and flesh can be heard audibly. The smell of rotting flesh fills the air. He tightens his grip on his sword as he looks around. He needs to escape.

[ ] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.
[ ] Slowly retreat from the sounds. Prepare to defend yourself.
[ ] Approach the sounds. Attack the creatures.
>> No. 12780
[x] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.
[x] Shout random curses all the while running.
[x] Take on a defensive stance when you reach a lighter area near the mansion.

We can't see shit, why take chances?
>> No. 12782
[x] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.
[x] Sing random curses all the while running.
[x] Take on a defensive stance when you reach a lighter area near the mansion.

Yuyu~ What the fuck~?
>> No. 12783
> He senses a familiar floral aroma as she draws herself closer.

> He can smell an unfamiliar aroma from her.

This isn't Yuyu~.
[x] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.
>> No. 12784
>>12779
>"What do I want?" Yuyuko repeats. "What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~ What do I want~ what do I want~"
I think she just wants a chair.
>> No. 12785
[x] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.
[x] Shout random curses all the while running.
[x] Take on a defensive stance when you reach a lighter area near the mansion.

Tasukete Youmu~
>> No. 12786
[!/] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.
[!/] Shout random curses all the while running.
[!/] Take on a defensive stance when you reach a lighter area near the mansion.
>> No. 12792
[x] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.
[x] Shout random curses all the while running.
[x] Take on a defensive stance when you reach a lighter area near the mansion.
>> No. 12793
File 12269024372.jpg - (73.53KB , 500x500 , blurred.jpg ) [iqdb]
12793
Loading User Commands:
[X] Run away from the sounds. Focus on fleeing.

---

"What the hell is going on here?" Vincent mutters.

[Run. We don't know what we are up against.]

"You don't need to tell me twice." he says aloud.

Vincent chooses a random direction and begins running. He sprints until his legs hurt, but he can still hear groans behind him. The rank smell of decay is getting stronger.

"D-damn it!" he says.

He hears a high-pitched shriek from the left. He draws his sword and swings it widely. He feels it slice through flesh and bone. A glance tells him that he sliced the creature in half. It looks like a small, decomposing humanoid. Its glowing red eyes glare at him one last time before it collapses lifelessly on the ground.

[Keep running, you damn fool!]

He pulls his gaze away from the creature and starts running forward. The smell of rotting flesh is nauseating. From the mud in his boots, he thinks that he is in some kind of swamp. He can barely see ten meters in this darkness. For some reason, a thick fog has formed around the area as well.

"I have no idea where I am going," he mutters as he slices down another of the creatures. They seem to be running at different speeds, so he is able to take them down one at a time.

[Anywhere is better than here.]

He doesn't remember how long this running battle continues. He mutters curses as the night goes on. The creatures are relentless.

"Fucking hell..." he says aloud as he pauses to catch his break.

[Could be worse.]

"And how the hell could this get any worse..."

[We could run into something even more dangerous.]

Vincent cuts down two more of the creatures before running again.

"This is going to be a long night," he mutters.

[ ] Mayohiga
[ ] Sanzu River
[ ] Poltergeist Mansion
>> No. 12794
[x] Sanzu River

YOU'VE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY, MR. GRAY.
>> No. 12795
File 122690422885.jpg - (71.40KB , 520x720 , b4c9225dff15180095b42f6a9cc35404.jpg ) [iqdb]
12795
[!/] Sanzu River

MachiMachi
>> No. 12796
[x] Sanzu River
>> No. 12797
[x] Sanzu River
We've never really chosen this on purpose before.

Nice to see that change.
>> No. 12798
[†] Sanzu River
>> No. 12800
[x] Sanzu River
>> No. 12821
[x] Sanzu River
>> No. 12822
File 12270086843.jpg - (289.27KB , 572x800 , youmu.jpg ) [iqdb]
12822
Loading User Commands:
[X] Sanzu River

---

"I-I'm sorry about yesterday," Youmu says. "I-I didn't mean to accuse you or a-anything."

"..."

Youmu looks away. Her cheeks are tinged pink.

"A-anyway, I guess I was just half-asleep when you saw me," she mutters. "I guess I mistook you for someone else..."

"..."

"N-no, I don't have a boyfriend!" she shouts. "Y-you just reminded me of someone in my dreams!"

"..."

Youmu turns bright red.

"W-why are you looking at me like that?" she stammers.

"..."

Youmu covers her face in embarrassment. It takes a few minutes for her to calm down. She sighs deeply.

"How am I supposed to face him?" she asks aloud. "I can't even talk to you properly."

The skull in her hand stays silent. It is an inanimate object. It does not speak.

"This is hopeless..." she says.

Youmu wraps it up in cloth and takes it with her. She equips her swords, then she pauses in front of a mirror to adjust her ribbon. She wonders idly if it looks any good on her.

Satisfied with her appearance, Youmu steps out of her room and breathes in the morning air. She takes a glance at the sky. The sun is peeking from between a few clouds, as if it was too shy to reveal itself. The trees in the garden sway gently in the breeze.

"What to do first," she asks aloud.

[ ] Head to the kitchen. You need to prepare breakfast.
[ ] Go to Lady Yuyuko's room. She always sleeps in.
[ ] Visit Vincent's room. Maybe you can apologize for yesterday.
[ ] Patrol around the grounds. There might be intruders.
[ ] Take a walk. It is still early.
>> No. 12823
{X} Take a walk. It is still early.

Sounds like she needs to chill~
>> No. 12827
[†] Take a walk. It is still early.
>> No. 12828
[x] Visit Vincent's room. Maybe you can apologize for yesterday.

Despair makes the drama more intense.
>> No. 12829
[x] Visit Vincent's room. Maybe you can apologize for yesterday.

Changing vote.
>> No. 12830
[x] Visit Vincent's room. Maybe you can apologize for yesterday.
>> No. 12831
>>12829

[†] Visit Vincent's room. Maybe you can apologize for yesterday.

Me too.
>> No. 12836
[x] Visit Vincent's room. Maybe you can apologize for yesterday.
>> No. 12873
File 122716936958.jpg - (91.67KB , 720x527 , komachi.jpg ) [iqdb]
12873
Loading User Commands:
[x] Visit Vincent's room. Maybe you can apologize for yesterday.

---

Vincent opens his eyes. The bright morning sun causes him to squint. As he waits for his eyes to adjust, he recognizes an imposing shadow looming over him. The tall figure is carrying a large scythe. He sighs heavily and closes his eyes.

"I guess those things got me after all," he mutters.

The shadow turns toward him.

"This is the inevitable end of all living things," it says.

"I was really hoping that I wouldn't be meeting you this quickly," he says with regret.

"How rude," the shadow says. "It's not like I grab souls randomly. This is just my job."

"So, my Death," Vincent says without opening his eyes. "What happens next? Is my soul going to be judged or something?"

"Unfortunately, there are some complications," the shadow says. "I can't let you cross over just yet."

"..."

Death seems to be far more complicated that it seems. He pauses to think back on his life. There are a few things that he screwed up here and there, but it doesn't seem fair that he be made an exception from judgment. While he wasn't a saint, he did put a lot of effort in doing good during his life.

"May I ask what this complication is?" he asks.

"You aren't dead yet." the shadow says simply.

"..."

Vincent opens his eyes and tries to sit up, but something blocks his head. Seems like the shadow kneeled over him and he bumped into it. He feels something soft on his lips. It takes him a few moments to recognize the sensation. He pulls away quickly.

"W-what? I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" he stammers.

He takes a better look at the person. She has bright red eyes and short red hair tied in two places. She is wearing a white dress with a blue vest overtop. She has a large belt around her slender waist, subtley countouring her shapely figure. It seems to have some kind of coin tied in the center. She is holding a large scythe in her right hand as she is kneeling down.

She seems to be in shock. Her cheeks are a light tinge of pink. She slowly puts a hand to her lips.

"Excuse me, but are you alright?" Vincent asks.

The girl turns back to him and gives him a jolly smile.

"I'm Komachi," she says. "I am the Shinigami in charge of the Sanzu River. Nice to meet you!"

She offers him her hand. He takes it slowly and shakes it.

"N-nice to meet you," Vincent manages.

He pauses to think.
[ ] Introduce yourself as a lost traveler.
[ ] Introduce yourself as a guest of Hakugyokurou.
[ ] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12874
File 122716984971.jpg - (48.06KB , 413x720 , keine_sensei.jpg ) [iqdb]
12874
[X] Inventory
A longsword. Forged with blessed steel. Looks expensive.
A medium crossbow. Fifteen silver-tipped crossbow bolts are included. Hurts when it hits.
A Colt Peacemaker, heavily modified. Loaded with five special rounds.
A page torn off a diary. Carries a foreboding message.
A small black book. You're not sure when you picked it up.

[X] Event
Youmu's Sealed Core: Her half-ghost core will be destroyed in less than 30 hours.
>> No. 12875
[ ] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter.
>> No. 12876
{X} Introduce yourself as a guest of Hakugyokurou.
>> No. 12877
By introducing yourself as a ghost hunter I'm thinking we'll be able to have something in common to talk about with machi'
>> No. 12880
[x] "Th-The name's Vincent - Vincent Gray" you manage. "I am a ghost hunter, and a guest of the Hakugyokurou shrine". After a brief pause, "I was awoken by a strange sensation in the middle of the night, and was soon after fiding myself trying to escape a horde of, of... well, zombies, I guess" you chuckle softly "I couldn't see much of anything in that unearthly darkness". You carefully make sure not to mention the part about Yuyuko - or the imposter - being your adversary that night.
[x] "You wouldn't happen to know of a way to get back there, would you?"
>> No. 12881
[X] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter.
>> No. 12882
[x] Introduce yourself as a titty monster hunter.
>> No. 12883
[x] Introduce yourself as a guest of Hakugyokurou.
[x] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter.
[x] Tell her about the presence of hostile undead within Hakugyokurou.

I don't see how we can't introduce ourself as both. And I hear the Titty Monster's power level is maximum.
>> No. 12884
>>12874

>[X] Event
Youmu's Sealed Core: Her half-ghost core will be destroyed in less than 30 hours.

OH SNAP!

[x] Introduce yourself as a guest of Hakugyokurou.
[x] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter.
>> No. 12887
[†] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter and a guest of Hakugyokurou.
>> No. 12893
>"As an extra precaution, I set the seal such that every two days, I need to utter a command word to maintain it. If you kill me, then in two days the soul inside will be destroyed as well," Vincent explains.
So, uh, don't forget to do that.

[x] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter and a guest of Hakugyokurou.
>> No. 12895
File 122723900585.jpg - (129.32KB , 520x644 , komachi.jpg ) [iqdb]
12895
Loading User Commands:
[X] Introduce yourself as a ghost hunter.

---

"The name's Vincent Gray," he says. "I guess you could call me a ghost hunter of sorts. I came from the Outside."

"An Outsider?" Komachi says. "Don't meet too many of your kind around these parts."

She pulls him up on his feet with a smile. She doesn't seem to mind the accidental kiss at all. On the other hand, Vincent feels himself blush just recalling the sensation. She looks pretty cute. He forces himself to think of something else.

"E-excuse me," he manages. "But can I ask about what happened? I don't remember much."

Komachi pauses to think.

"A couple of hours ago, I heard some loud noises approaching the river," she says. "I decided to check it out, since work has been pretty slow lately. I found some foul smelling creatures wandering the area, so I drove them off. I just happened to find you lying unconscious nearby."

He sighs in relief. Looks like he just had a brush with death.

"Thanks a lot," he says with a bow. "You saved my life."

"E-eh? Don't mind! Don't mind!" she says. "I walk around the area while waiting for customers anyway. A little excitement like that is a very welcome change."

"I see," he says.

Vincent checks his weapons and things. Aside from his weapons, it seems like he only took the things inside his coat.

"A ghost hunter, eh?" she says. "So, could you tell me what those things were? Are they similar to evil spirits?"

He pauses to think.

"I think they were some kind of Ghoul," he says. "They are reanimated corpses that have been corrupted into something more dangerous. There is usually some kind of sorcerer or lich involved with that kind of undead."

Komachi nods in agreement.

"That explains why they seemed pretty weak," she says. "My techniques work especially well against the not-properly-living."

"You fight undead as well?"

"Around these parts, I sometimes have to deal with some rowdy evil spirits." she says. "Though I'll admit that they rarely smell as bad as those things."

She sighs to herself.

"Looks like the incidents are starting to get worse," she says. "Maybe the shrine maiden was right after all."

Komachi smiles at him gently.

"Anyway, I guess I should take you somewhere safe," she says. "Have you visited the Human Village or Hakugyokurou?"

Vincent pauses to think. He should have a little over a day to reset Youmu's seal, but he needs to have physical contact with the container. He can probably do some other things before heading back.

[ ] Ask if she can take you to the Human Village.
[ ] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.
[ ] Offer to stay with her for a while.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12897
[x] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.

We can visit Komachi and the human village at another time. We need to reset Youmu's seal.
>> No. 12898
I want to spend some lazy time with Komachi, but I'm not sure how we'd get back to Hakugyokuro if Shiki shows up and makes her get back to work. Would she just leave us stranded, though? Hmm.
>> No. 12900
>>12898
good point

[x] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.
>> No. 12901
>>12898

Depending on how the writefag interprets her ability, she may well be capable of Faster than Light traveling.

I know "lazy" is in her character, but for her, taking us to Hakugyokurou would literally take only a second.
>> No. 12902
[†] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.

Youmoe! Route!
>> No. 12913
[!/] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.

In during Youmoe~ finds us in our room....with MachiMachi~
>> No. 12914
[x] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.

I forgot Youmu was coming to see us, I'm reading too many of these things at once. Hope we get to see Komachi again, though.
>> No. 12916
[x] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.
>> No. 12921
File 122733484675.jpg - (98.71KB , 625x800 , komachi.jpg ) [iqdb]
12921
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask if she can take you to Hakugyokurou.

---

"I need to get back to Hakugyokurou," Vincent says.

Komachi's smile widens.

"Are you a guest of the Ghost Princess?" she asks. "That robe looks like something from their place."

He nods in agreement.

"They have offered me a place to stay when I first came here."

"Too bad you didn't pop up around this place," she says. "I always enjoy having someone to talk to. The souls I ferry across the river aren't exactly good conversationalists."

He glances around the area. He doesn't see any buildings nearby. Does she sleep outdoors?

"It gets kinda lonely sometimes," she says softly.

"..."

She takes his hand and smiles brightly at him.

"Anyway, let's get you back to Hakugyokurou. Maybe I can score some snacks and tea if I'm lucky." she says.

Vincent pauses.

"Umm, what about your work?" he asks.

She dismisses the question with a wave of her hand.

"Don't mind. Don't mind." she says. "There aren't any souls waiting to be ferried right now, and it isn't like they are in a hurry to be judged anyway. Some of them even try to escape."

"I see," he says. Seems like her job isn't very enviable.

"So let's go then!" she says.

She pulls him high up into the air. His eyes widen in surprise. By reflex, he grabs Komachi tightly. They continue rising into the air. He can't tell how high they are, but he is sure that falling from this height is fatal.

"W-w-what the hell?" he manages.

He looks up to see Komachi smiling at him.

"Haven't tried flying before, I see," she says. "I'll forgive you this time, but don't make a habit out of grabbing my chest like that. You only need to hold my hand."

He slowly lets go of her body, half-expecting to drop down any second. Surprisingly, he doesn't fall. He finds that he only needs to hold on to her hand lightly to stay in the air. A glance tells him that she doesn't seem to be carrying him at all.

"H-how does this work?" he asks.

Komachi opens her mouth to answer, but closes it again to think.

"Hmm, good question," she says finally. "I can share my flight abilities with just a touch. I guess I never thought about it before."

Vincent still has much to learn about this strange and wonderful world.
>> No. 12922
File 122733695287.jpg - (26.51KB , 360x314 , chen_cornered.jpg ) [iqdb]
12922
After leaving the Sanzu River, Vincent glances below to see a large mountain range. The mountains are covered by heavy forests, and he can see the occasional stream and waterfall. To his left, he can see a large peak reaching high into the clouds, but it doesn't seem to be their destination.

"That is Youkai Mountain," Komachi says as she points at it. "The tengu and kappa live somewhere around there. I heard that a new shrine appeared on it a while back. Quite a few interesting and troublesome beings make that place their home."

"Youkai Mountain," he repeats. "Is that place on the way?"

She shakes her head.

"We'll only pass by the side. I usually pass this route to avoid the evil spirits in the swamp between Hakugyokurou and the Sanzu River. They aren't strong, but they can be a nuisance."

"I see," he says. There seem to be worse things than evil spirits in that place, but he keeps it to himself.

Vincent surveys the ground. The view is actually quite beautiful and serene. Gensokyo seems to be full of natural wonders. For the next few minutes, he decides to enjoy the scenery and forget about trouble for a while.

"..."

Something catches his attention toward the right. He can't see clearly, but there seems to be a kid running across a mountain path. She is being chased by a pack of some strange, deformed creatures.

Vincent squints to observe more details. The kid seems to be wearing a red and pink dress with gold trimming. She has a green cloth cap on her head, and she seems to have cat ears. Two tails are poking out from under her dress.

The girl runs into the trees, but she is soon cornered by the creatures. They seem to be a horrid cross between a crocodile and a large hound. They look hungry.

"Hey, did you see something interesting?" Komachi asks.

Vincent pauses.

[ ] "You might want to see this..."
[ ] "Is that normal around these parts?"
[ ] "We need to help that girl!"
[ ] "Not really. The view is great."
[ ] "..."
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12924
test
>> No. 12926
File 122733811058.jpg - (246.14KB , 591x969 , 1225473632527.jpg ) [iqdb]
12926
[x] "We need to help that girl!"

Must save Chen.
>> No. 12927
[†] "We need to help that girl!"

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!
>> No. 12928
[ ] "We need to help that girl!"
>> No. 12931
[x] "We need to help that girl!"
>> No. 12934
[x] "We need to help that girl and make it snappy."
>> No. 12936
[x] "We need to help that girl and make it snappy."

DOHOHOHOHOHO
>> No. 12940
[x] "We need to help that girl!"
>> No. 12941
File 122741177435.jpg - (50.96KB , 448x600 , komachi.jpg ) [iqdb]
12941
Loading User Commands:
[X] "We need to help that girl!"

---

Vincent points down.

"We need to help that girl!" he cries out.

Komachi stops mid-flight and looks down. Her eyes widen as she realizes what is happening. The girl seems helplessly cornered. The creatures are closing in. She doesn't seem to have the means to defend herself.

"Hang on!" she says.

Before he can reply, they dive down at an alarming speed. Vincent grabs tightly to Komachi in reflex, but she doesn't complain. After a few seconds, he feels himself falling to the ground. He lands on his feet safely, though the pain in his legs is excruciating.

"D-damn that hurt!" he shouts.

"Behind you!" Komachi cries.

She swings her scythe widely. Off goes the beast's head.

"Iyaaah!" the girl cries.

Both of them turn toward her. One of the beasts sneaked from the back and is only a few yards from the girl. There isn't enough time to save her.

[Yes, there is.]

Vincent starts running toward the girl. He knows he won't make it, but he has to try.

[This task is petty for us.]

He loses track of time as he dashes and swings his sword at the creature. He feels his sword penetrate the creature's eyes.

"RAAAAWWWRRR!" it cries in anguish.

"Get down!" Komachi shouts.

He drops down on the ground as Komachi swings her scythe. The second creature drops lifelessly on the ground.

"That was impressive," she says as she takes a glance at him. "But it isn't over yet. These things seem to be perfectly alive, and I think that means trouble for the both of us."

Vincent nods in agreement. He takes a glance at the girl. She looks too scared to fight or run.

He prepares his battle stance.
[ ] Go on full offensive. Kill them all!
[ ] Support Komachi. She may need help.
[ ] Protect the girl. She might get hurt or killed.
[ ] Custom

He thinks about his weapons.
[ ] Use the longsword.
[ ] Use the crossbow.
[ ] Use the gun.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 12942
[x] Duel wield. The sword in one hand and the gun in the other.
[x] Protect the girl and tell Komachi to stay close so you can support her at the same time.
>> No. 12943
Custom, custom...

[x] Komachi guards the girl.
[x] Then, fire the crossbow at the furthest creature.
[x] With the sword in one hand and the gun at the other, charge at it. Use the sword to slash things out of your way while using the gun to kill things not in your way.
[x] Kill the last creature with your sword just as the bolt hits it.

I'm feeling silly.
>> No. 12944
>>12943

If you were going in that direction, why not have Komachi put the girl in a tree away from the monsters and come back to support you? In that case, we'd be able to go all out.
>> No. 12945
[ ] Go on full offensive. Kill them all!
[ ] Use the longsword

"my shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression"
>> No. 12946
>>12945
also, save ammo. we only have 5 shots
>> No. 12947
[x] Duel wield. The sword in one hand and the gun in the other.
[x] Protect the girl and tell Komachi to stay close so you can support her at the same time.

Cuh-ray-zee
>> No. 12948
File 122743557823.jpg - (151.92KB , 1048x808 , 1227071943730.jpg ) [iqdb]
12948
[!/] Use the longsword.
[!/] Protect the girl and tell Komachi to stay close so you can support her at the same time.

SMASH AND BASH.
>> No. 12949
>>12942
You're doing it wrong.

[X] Protect the girl. She might get hurt or killed.
[X] Use the longsword.

Sword in one hand, girl in the other.
>> No. 12950
[X] Protect the girl. She might get hurt or killed.
[X] Use the longsword.
>> No. 12951
Calling it. Votes that included more than one option were counted as half-votes for those options.

[x] Protect the girl. She might get hurt or killed.
[x] Use the longsword.
>> No. 12953
Server reconnected at: >>12952