[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122344494787.jpg - (125.45KB , 623x757 , yukari120.jpg ) [iqdb]
11419 No. 11419
[X] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

***

Some time is spent turning over the conversation in your head, but you at last elect to file the information away for later. While it's been illuminating, you simply don't have the energy to deal with it all right now. Feeling a bit restless again, you consider simply attempting to sleep despite your poor mood, but watching Yukari twirling your locks between her fingers gives you an idea.

"Would you mind if I washed your hair too, Yukarin?"

Yukari blinks in surprise, but gives you a smile and a nod. A strange feeling, sort of like an internal vibration, rushes through you, and then--

Yukari sits up from her position in your lap, her back to you. You shake your head in confusion - weren't you just in her lap? A confused mumble escapes you, and the gap youkai looks over her shoulder at you.

"Manipulated the border between my position and yours." She giggles in amusement and turns to face forward again. "You'll get used to it one day."

Once you've oriented yourself properly, you take a glance at the rock against your back. A bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner are set carefully atop your towel on a small flat of the stone. Yukari has taken a seat directly in front of you, mercifully not in your lap, but close enough that you'll have no trouble reaching her.

First things first, you'll have to remove the long pins that hold her hair in an elaborate bun and loops. It's impressive that she managed to arrange her hair so perfectly, presumably without help; you wouldn't be surprised if it required the use of gaps to accomplish, and it almost leaves you regretful that you'll have to dismantle such an accomplishment. Still, you pull the pins out one by one, noting with interest that one pin is different than the rest; while the majority of the hairpins are simple and gold, one pin has a small blue and purple butterfly at the head. Must have been a gift from Yuyu.

You set the pins aside carefully, sticking them through your towel to ensure they don't roll away. Taking a thick length of her golden hair in hand, you run your fingers through the soft strands; she really has nice hair. You're going to need a little help to wet it though, as you don't have the easy access gaps she does, and there's enough of it that just cupping some water in your hands isn't going to cut it.

"Would you help me wet your hair, Yukari?"

The woman obliges you by leaning forward and submerging her head for a moment, carefully collecting the long hair that splays across the water and pulling it under. When she surfaces, you grab the bottle of shampoo and squeeze a large blob of the stuff out into your hand. You can't really judge how much she'll need, but you're fairly certain it'll be more than this. Regardless, you set to work rubbing the thick gel into her scalp.

Your ministrations elicit a strange sound from Yukari - it's not unlike the purring that you drew from Chen when you petted her, but it has a certain more steady quality to it. Not smooth enough to be a hum, not throaty enough to be a purr. You take it to mean that she likes this.

"It's so nice to be pampered sometimes, especially when the one doing the pampering actually wants to do it. Ran always grumbles about me being too dependent when she does it these days; I miss when she was always eager to wash my hair for me."

"I can't see why she wouldn't want to. You have lovely hair."

She lets out another pleased humming noise in response, moving on to hum out a soothing tune that you can't place. It's a nice piece, though. You continue kneading her scalp for a bit before you begin running your hands along the full length of her hair. You go back for another glob of shampoo at one point, but Yukari seems content to let you tend to her hair at your own pace. After letting her hair sit for a few moments, you judge it timely for her to rinse her hair out.

"Dip again, Yukari?"

She does so, making sure to wash the shampoo from her hair thoroughly. When she surfaces again you start in with the conditioner. Her hair's become a bit stiff from the shampooing, but the conditioner goes in with much more ease; you do end up using quite a bit more of it, but that's to be expected. You ask her to dip again when appropriate, and...

You're done.

You actually do feel surprisingly better after that; that sort of mindless repetitive motion is soothing, especially with the proximity to another person it involves. You lift the golden waves of her hair up in your hands and find that it feels like holding up a sheet of silk, an illusion only helped by the soft sheen of the almost luminescent strands. Her hair has a volume and bounce to it that lends it a natural sort of body, even when wet. It really is...

"Lovely."

You lean forward and wrap your arms around Yukari from behind almost instinctively, resting your chin on her shoulder and your head against hers. She reaches up and brings her arm about your head, as if to hold you in place for the moment. As your hand tangles itself in her hair, she tangles her own hand in your hair.

The two of you sit there together in satisfied silence for some time, just watching the ebb and flow of the starlight, and the ripples of the water.

"I should thank you again for letting me wash your hair," Yukari speaks in a whisper, "I haven't washed anyone in ages."

You respond to the melancholy tone in her voice by snuggling a bit closer.

"Would you like to do it again some time?"

"Yes, I'd like that."

A pause, then a sigh.

"You should head to bed now, dear. Tomorrow will be another early morning."

"I'd intended to, but I've had trouble with settling down. It's fortunate that ghosts don't need sleep."

"Children make the same claim," Yukari laughs softly, "but they should listen to their elders."

She slips out of your grip, and you suddenly find yourself falling.

---

The countless eyes staring at you. A shudder, and your skirt and sash materialize.

This alien place is not so strange this time through, but you're not compromising your modesty for those creepy floating eyes...

---

You land in your futon with a thump, your jacket drifting out of the gap and morphing into a blanket on reflex. You're oddly dry, and as you reorient yourself, Yukari leans out of the gap looking every bit as dry. She's now clad in what looks to be a purple nightgown, and she slips out of the gap to drift down and land gently at your bedside.

"Yukari, wha--"

She silences you with a shushing motion, and begins to tuck your blanket in firmly.

"Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite."

Leaning over you, she plants a light kiss on your forehead, and you suddenly feel a little sleepier. The warmth in the smile she flashes you melts into the warmth of the blanket around you, and a yawn escapes you. With your blurring vision you can vaguely see a new gap opening. You probably have enough time to say something to her before she actually leaves.

[ ] Ask for a lullaby.

[ ] Thank her and go to sleep.

>> No. 11420
Leave it to me to forget the subject line. Again. This is a bad habit.

At any rate, I'd like to note that with the Mystia-centric Working for the Weekend gathering so much support, I'll be starting that probably the weekend after this coming weekend. I think it will work well as a weekends-only thread, just because the episodic nature of it will allow it to pass in faster, discrete units.
>> No. 11421
>>11419
[X] Thank her (stay awake for as long as possible before she leaves and then); go to sleep.

Yukarin loves to sleep more than anyone in Gensokyo; far be it from me to keep her from it. But goddamit, I want to savor every spare moment I can.

Yukari Route 2009: Gaps You Can Believe In
>> No. 11422
[x] Ask for a lullaby.

family surrogatan gaems
>> No. 11423
[x] Thank her and go to sleep.
"Now, weary traveller, rest your head.
For just like me, you're utterly dead."
>> No. 11424
[X] Thank her and go to sleep.

Yukarin~
>> No. 11425
[x] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11428
[✓] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11430
[ゆ] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11431
[x] Thank her and go to sleep.

easy choican gaems
>> No. 11432
Just replace all instances of "Yukari" with "Kaguya" and...

[X] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11433
>>11432
fapfapfap
>> No. 11434
[X] Ask for a lullaby.

She's already mothering us, why not go whole hog?
>> No. 11436
[x] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11438
[x] Thank her and go to sleep.

Tomorrow's another day.
>> No. 11439
[x] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11440
[x] Ask for a lullaby.

why not?
>> No. 11443
Motherly Yukari pleases me greatly.
>> No. 11444
God fucking damn you patchwork.

Your Working Weekend side story uses the exact plot device I was going to use for a potential Mystia route in my second play through (as far off as that seems right now).

Seriously, almost perfectly plot minded. Am I just obvious? Doujin's done it to me at least twice, now you too. Now I gotta work on another sceneario that might not even be the chosen route, yay.

[x] Ask for a lullaby.
Interested in what she sings.
>> No. 11445
[x] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11450
[†] Thank her and go to sleep.
>> No. 11452
>>11444
>Now I gotta work on another scenario that might not even be the chosen route, yay.

Don't bother. Mystia was never even in the running. It was Wriggle, Alice, or Marisa only, right from the start. Your Mystia as the 9-squad's mother hen is interesting, but only in this context. Alone, she's just a tsundere, and Wriggle more than covers that angle.

And if we're talking about secondary characters that deserve their own routes but won't get one, your Reimu is the clear winner.

[♫] Ask for a lullaby.
>> No. 11453
>>11452

Fuck that, Mystia is a forest related character.

And I'll be damned if I'm cheated out of a route with her.
>> No. 11454
>>11453
>And I'll be damned if I'm cheated out of a route with her.

I think you're pissing in the tide. Enjoy your damnation.
>> No. 11458
[X] Ask for a lullaby.

DO IT!
>> No. 11461
File 122350839524.jpg - (136.83KB , 600x846 , yukari195.jpg ) [iqdb]
11461
[X] Thank her and go to sleep.

***

"Yukarin..."

The blond woman, her figure gradually fuzzing in your drowsy vision, leans in close to you. With your senses slowly succumbing to slumber's siren call, your attempt to thank her is issued slurred and muffled to your own ears. She appears to grasp your sentiment at least, and offers you another smile. Your eyes drift shut, and the last thing you sense is her lips pressing tenderly against your brow for another goodnight kiss.

---

The familiar vista of your dream stretches before you once again. A surreal calm sufuses you, and the gentle rustle of the grass in the wind drains the last dying embers of tension from you. You inhale deeply the green aroma of the fields, content.

In the distance, the once violent giant of a tree has frozen, as if captured in one crystallizing moment. Not a branch sways, not a leaf twitches, not even the petals in the breeze dare to move, suspended unmoving in the air about the titan. Like a photograph, it seems caught in a single frame of time.

[ ] Stilled Cherry Tree

[ ] Cherry Tree Forest

[ ] Ruined Mansion

[ ] Shadowed Town

[ ] Decaying Town

[ ] Deep Forest

[ ] Spider Lily River

[ ] Spider Lily Court

[ ] Black Sky
>> No. 11462
File 122350885231.png - (33.45KB , 486x560 , patchy002.png ) [iqdb]
11462
>>11444

I apologize, my friend, but that's why I struck while the iron was hot. I'm rather fond of the idea, after all, and would like to write it. Look on the bright side: it promotes creativity, doesn't it? Now readers will be able to have two distinct Mystia routes.
>> No. 11463
[x] Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11464
[ ] Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11466
[x] Stilled Cherry Tree

This was my only path.
>> No. 11467
[ x ] Ruined Mansion
>> No. 11468
[x] Stilled Cherry Tree

I have no regrets.
>> No. 11469
[X] Stilled Cherry Tree

This will only end in tears, but then I think we already know that.
>> No. 11471
☑ Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11472
[~] Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11474
[†] Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11478
[x] Spider Lily River

Needs more whoever this was. I'm tired and in no condition to think much.
>> No. 11479
>>11478

Pretty sure it's Komachi.
>> No. 11482
[X] Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11483
[ ] Cherry Tree Forest

Give me Youmoe or give me death.
>> No. 11484
>>11479
Thank you.
>> No. 11488
File 122357629787.jpg - (52.12KB , 265x204 , Kenshiro-kun.jpg ) [iqdb]
11488
>>11483
But, Anonymous, you are already dead!
>> No. 11489
[X] Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11491
[ ] Cherry Tree Forest
>> No. 11493
[ze] Stilled Cherry Tree
>> No. 11496
File 122360731115.jpg - (214.74KB , 714x488 , yuyuko219.jpg ) [iqdb]
11496
[X] Stilled Cherry Tree

***

To see the tree as a statue is unnerving.

As you approach the giant tree, you find that it is more than just movement that has been arrested. No odor of death is exuded by the towering arbor, no sound intrudes upon its profound silence, no sensation of even the slightest wind can be felt. An unnatural, perfect stillness that leaves you uncomfortable and wary.

"I understand now."

A sad voice rings like a bell, piercing through the loud silence. At the foot of the tree stands the redheaded girl in blue robes, as rigid and immobile as the giant before her. The fair lady's appearance is a strange contradiction: though her attire is plain and unadorned, it is worn with such grace and so perfectly kept that it seems almost ceremonial. Her immaculate appearance disturbs you; her impeccably clean robes, her hair without so much as a strand out of place, it all serves only to make her beauty look not lively, but instead somehow sterile.

A shudder grips you when she speaks, her sorrowful voice sounding at once truly repentant and empty.

"We're the same. I was blind to that, and said many painful things. I'm sorry."

Raising one arm in a wooden movement, she holds an open fan toward the tree in a gesture of charity.

"This sad, fragile little world is not for the likes of us. It can't take our presence, and so we're rejected. There's no place for us, and I," the girl chokes back a sob, "I can't take this anymore. Being reviled, being feared, killing them all, I can't take it... and I remember, I remember what it's like being alone. I..."

Tears run down her cheeks.

"I won't abandon you."

A flash of silver as her other arm flies high, gleaming dagger in hand.

"Let us go together, Saigyou Ayakashi!"

The giant tree seems to lean forward, its branches reaching down to take the girl in an embrace. In the distance you can hear vaguely a woman shout as the girl's blade plunges downward.

---

You wake with a start to find your room bathed in a pale gray light. Through the small windows you can see an overcast sky filled with dull, colorless clouds. It's cold this morning.

You sit up and wrap your arms about yourself as your blanket swirls about you and forms into your jacket. Your usual lengthy skirt fuzzes a bit in reaction to the temperature, becoming a pair of thick pants. An empty feeling pervades you.

[ ] Head to breakfast...

[ ] Go for some exercise.

[ ] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11497
>An empty feeling pervades you.

It's hunger, right?

[x] Head to breakfast...
>> No. 11498
File 122361077794.jpg - (454.27KB , 800x756 , 872675.jpg ) [iqdb]
11498
>>11496
[X] Head out back for a walk.

Let us fill ourselves with the perception of our environment. It'd be good to be aware of our surroundings. Isn't it odd for the realm of the dead to be suffering such malign, overcast weather. Also the Saigyou Ayakashi was explicitly mentioned in the dream, let's scope it out.
>> No. 11499
[X] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11500
[X] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11501
>An empty feeling pervades you. You don't feel any better.
>> No. 11502
>>11501

FFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 11503
[ ] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11504
[X] Head out back for a walk.

You know, I can't tell what will be worse, right now. Going to breakfast, and finding Yuyuko not there, or going and finding she IS there.

Sure, it's not good if she's still in a dismal mood today, but you can't tell me that having breakfast with someone just after waking up from a dream brought on by your resonating with their soul and thus allowing you to see back to the time when she committed suicide could be anything but awkward.
>> No. 11506
>>11504

About that soul resonance hypothesis, Yukari said it's strong enough to affect your dreams, but may not it also be strong enough to affect your emotions? That is, is your own unhappiness a barometer for Yuyuko's?

And if so, would making yourself feel better make her feel better? If your souls are linked emotionally, then that's double the inertia one would normally have to overcome to cheer either one of you up separately; could explain why Yukari went to lengths to dote on you last night.
>> No. 11508
>>11506
On the flip-side, what if your lack of soul makes you particularly receptive to emotions of those you are close to, or even emotions long since passed or interpreted via dreams?
>> No. 11509
>>11508
I think it's more along those lines than what 11506 suggested.

Well, that, and the fact that you know you're looking at the memories of a very sad and painful time in the life of someone you've come to care about. That sort of thing would leave anyone depressed.
>> No. 11510
[X] Head to breakfast...
>> No. 11511
[X] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11513
[✓] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11514
[x] Head to breakfast...
>> No. 11515
[†] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11516
[+] Head to breakfast...
Bad mood or no, I think this is the best way to encounter Yuyu again, and I think we should spend as much time in her company as we can right now.
>> No. 11517
[x] Head to breakfast...

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so yeah.

It's important but I never eat it anyways. ;_;
>> No. 11518
[x] Head to breakfast...

Food is with Yuyu.
>> No. 11519
[X] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11520
[z] Head out back for a walk.

Tree examinan gaems
>> No. 11521
[X] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11523
[X] Head out back for a walk.
>> No. 11528
File 122377012718.jpg - (255.72KB , 600x640 , 1273629.jpg ) [iqdb]
11528
>> No. 11530
File 122378852017.jpg - (216.02KB , 700x900 , 1800241.jpg ) [iqdb]
11530
>> No. 11531
File 122378962464.jpg - (83.40KB , 523x750 , 1802654.jpg ) [iqdb]
11531
Ladybug ladybug poke your head out of the rug
and you come see me and bring your jug
cause when you come see me thats when you get your good love
>> No. 11532
File 122378968813.jpg - (219.21KB , 726x500 , 1818649.jpg ) [iqdb]
11532
>>11531
down below the fuzzy lawn there's some romance going on
you been steppin round with a beetle named john
i can tell case you got your little long dress on
>> No. 11533
File 122378974316.png - (155.17KB , 671x760 , 1804208.png ) [iqdb]
11533
>>11532
boil weevil linin in the flour cold tuxedo in the shower
gonna cross the room in about an hour
maggot do a dance on the meat when the meat go sour
maggot do a dance on the meat when the meat go sour
>> No. 11534
File 122378978548.jpg - (88.84KB , 1230x1000 , 1797807.jpg ) [iqdb]
11534
>>11533
centipede centipede hit the disco half past three
gonna crack that spine party in a pine tree
the DJs grooving and you're moving to a broken beat
>> No. 11535
File 122378984626.jpg - (304.22KB , 500x500 , 1827113.jpg ) [iqdb]
11535
>>11534
dragonfly dragonfly stuck at the truck stop you can't fly
you got mud on your wing clouds in the sky
you're pretty and lucky that we did happen by
>> No. 11536
File 122378989248.jpg - (206.90KB , 555x400 , 1831077.jpg ) [iqdb]
11536
>>11535
troglodyte troglodyte didn't make it to the party on a saturday night
well we waited up late and we left on the light
were hopin that you wont keep mopin but we think you might
yea were hopin that you wont keep mopin but we think you might
>> No. 11537
File 122378993957.png - (604.12KB , 1000x1000 , 1828251.png ) [iqdb]
11537
>>11536
ladybug ladybug poke your head out of the rug
and you come see me and bring your jug
cause when you come see me thats when you get your good love
>> No. 11538
File 122378996521.jpg - (156.43KB , 666x1000 , 1828116.jpg ) [iqdb]
11538
>>11537
when you come see me thats when you get your good love
>> No. 11539
File 122379000366.jpg - (197.69KB , 580x600 , 1829794.jpg ) [iqdb]
11539
>>11538
yea!
good love
you are my ladybug now
>> No. 11540
File 122379017178.jpg - (438.74KB , 2181x2201 , 1799942.jpg ) [iqdb]
11540
>>11539
~Fin~
>> No. 11541
Wriggle~ ♥

***

[X] Head out back for a walk.

***

From all previous experience, you expect Yuyuko can be found at the breakfast table, but...

You don't want to face her right now. Not immediately after that dream. If her troubled mood from last night has not left her yet, then you will need to be sure that you feel up to the task of cheering her up, and you doubt you will be able to help her much as long as this hollow sensation persists. After considering your options briefly, you decide to go for a walk out in the marshes to shake off the lingering dreariness of your dream.

You manage to slip outside without encountering anyone in the halls on your way. You've never paid it much mind before, but it occurs to you that Hakugyokuro is unusually silent when no one is around; even standing outside on the rear walkway, you can't hear any of the sounds one would associate with the outdoors, not even a birdsong or the pitched buzzing of insects. It's a silence so dead that you can almost hear it. You're a bit unsure of whether or not that's comforting.

You take short stroll down the path to the swampland, willing your shoes away as the paved stone gives way to muddy ground. There's no need to worry about getting yourself dirty given your ability to become incorporeal, and it's kind of nice to feel the earth beneath your feet, even if it is moist and squishy. Taking one last glance up at the cloudy skies before you pass the treeline, you make your way into the wetlands.

Without any destination in mind, you stroll through the mires aimlessly, meandering from one set of trees to another. With the tangled mess of branches above you meshing into a roof, and the sun hidden by the clouds, the swamp is cast in an unusually dark shade for this time of day, making the faint flickering lights of your fellow wandering ghosts visible between gaps in the trees. It seems that you're not the only one who fancied a walk out here, and the whispering of the spirits is soothing; that murmur, and the sound of the mud squelching as you tread in it, are the only organic sounds to be had, and their presence is reassuring. Those sounds, and the feeling of the muck and grass between your toes, make you feel almost lively.

At some point you find yourself stepping out into a relatively clear area, a large circle of earth and mud populated mostly by herbs rather than trees. The thick web of wooden limbs and dark leaves above you prevents too much light from leaking in, but if it were sunnier this clearing of sorts would be a very pleasant thinking spot. As you look about the area, a nagging feeling of familiarity comes to you...

Ah, now that you take a better look, this is almost certainly where you met Lyrica.

The memory of that meeting brings a smile to your lips. Thinking about the way she attached herself to you so quickly, simply because you gave her a bit of inspiration seems sort of endearing in retrospect, though your willingness to play along with her may have helped matters. She really is quite the excitable girl, and you have to confess that there's a certain pleasantness in teasing her about her sometimes careless words; it occurs to you that perhaps Yuyuko derives the same feeling from teasing Youmu, and she doesn't do it merely to provoke the gardener's cute flustered reactions.

Feeling a bit fonder of this spot now, you make a note of the location; this would be a good spot for thinking, definitely. Putting that matter - and your sudden urge to visit Lyrica - to one side for the moment, you find that your mood has improved significantly. You certainly don't think you'd have much trouble with maintaining a supportive attitude around Yuyuko for the moment.

When your mind drifts to the ghostly princess, however, a certain part of your dream comes to mind. The Saigyou Ayakashi... that tree is out here in the wetlands, isn't it? As long as you're here, it would be a convenient time to investigate the tree a bit, if only to see it up close.

[ ] Head back and get something to eat. If Yuyuko's there, you can do your best to support her.

[ ] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11542
[x] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?

Fuckin' trees, man.
>> No. 11543
[x] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?

Fuck. Rereading how the tree is personified in the last dream, I came to a possible realization, one that explains why Yuyu became so readily attached to us.

Maybe we weren't given those visions because our spirit resonates with Yuyuko's soul, but rather we were given those visions because our spirit resonates with the soul of the Saigyou Ayakashi.
>> No. 11544
[x] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11545
[X] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11546
[x] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11547
[✗] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11548
[X] Head back and get something to eat. If Yuyuko's there, you can do your best to support her.
>> No. 11549
[x] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11551
[*] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11552
[†] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?
>> No. 11579
[X] Head back and get something to eat. If Yuyuko's there, you can do your best to support her.

I get the feeling that in this time of need. Going to the one place Yuyuko said you shouldn't go to is not the smartest thing.
>> No. 11582
>>11579
What better way is there to show her that she isn't controlling/influencing us than by disobeying her?
>> No. 11583
>>11581
What better way? Oh, I dunno, perhaps the way that Yukari had just suggested to us? If we were told not to do something, it's generally for a very good reason, and even if we're technically dead that doesn't mean there aren't things that even we should be very wary of.

Besides that, just because you're able to control or manipulate someone doesn't necessarily mean you are doing so at all times. All disobeying her in this regard would prove is that we aren't ALWAYS being controlled, at best.
At worst, it proves that if/when we AREN'T being controlled that we don't exercise the best in judgment.
>> No. 11585
>>11583

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
>> No. 11589
>>11579
>Going to the one place Yuyuko said you shouldn't go
I forgot about that.

>"Yes. It's a vicious monster that devours the lives of those who approach it. It was sealed a long time ago by someone in the family."
>A terrifying monster, huh? Yeah, you can see that. The image in your mind is startlingly clear: a colossal tree in full bloom, with petals red as blood and a mound of corpses below it. You shudder involuntarily.
>"Alright. Thanks for telling me Yuyuko. Sorry about bringing that up."
>"No, no. It's important, and you should know of it. Now that you do, please see to it that you don't disturb it in any way. It's a rather dangerous thing, after all."

That being said, it might still be worth taking a look to see if we notice anything. Just don't start fucking around and trying to climb it or something.
>> No. 11608
>>11589
>>Just don't start fucking around and trying to climb it or something.

But ancient life-sucking youkai trees make the most AWESOME tree forts!
>> No. 11611
[X] While you're here, you should go take a look at the Saigyou Ayakashi. Who knows what you might turn up?

***

You take a moment to get your bearings, reckoning that the tangle of branches above is too thick to simply fly through. The Saigyou Ayakashi looked to be at about the center of the swamps, and given its size, you figure just heading in that general direction should get you there easily enough. Adjusting your direction appropriately northeastward, you set off at a leisurely pace, not feeling any particular need to rush. You're in too good a mood to spoil it with undue haste, and it's not as though the tree is going to be moving anywhere while you're en route.

At your ambling pace it takes quite some time to get close to your destination, but eventually the thick cover of trees begins to thin. You note with some trepidation that as you draw nearer to your destination, the vitality of the trees around you weakens and they grow sparser; when the towering figure of the Saigyou Ayakashi finally comes into view, the trees around you have grown all but dead. Yuyuko's warning regarding the sealed arbor plays dimly in the back of your head, and you decide to heed her advice and avoid disturbing it.

At last you emerge into the enormous clearing that surrounds the tree in question. You notice almost immediately a curiosity about the ground the tree is rooted in: cracked, weathered, almost ancient stones are visible in the earth, smeared with mud. The massive roots of the Saigyou Ayakashi have done a number on some parts of the awkwardly placed paving, but the smooth rock is still mostly intact. Making your way across the muddy ground, you stop at the edge of the stones and crouch down to look more closely. Just beneath the wet earth that smears the pavement, you can make out a clear difference in coloration between stones: one set is a lighter gray, one set is darker.

Curiosity piqued, you sigh, then get down on your knees and begin to wipe away the mud, being careful to avoid brushing against any of the wood that pokes through the rock. This looks like it'll be a messy job.

Once you judge the stone to be suitably clean, you take to the air and hover back enough to get a good view. The darker stones make a clear pattern against the lighter ones: a somewhat muddled border to delineate the edge of the pavement, and a set of three straight lines, two broken and one unbroken. It's quite obviously a symbol of some sort, and a nagging thought tells you that you've seen something similar to it before, though you're not sure where. After thinking it over a bit, you decide to scope out the rest of the area in case you can find anything out.

You start by drifting around the tree in a wide circle, keeping away from the occasional stray branch. You notice a sort of post at the outer edge of the stones around the tree's base, and as you circle you spot two more, each in a different stage of decay. The posts all appear to be made out of wood, snapped and rotten so badly that it's impossible to discern any of their details. You do notice, however, that aside from the three posts that are present, there are five holes in the stonework that look as though they were intended to hold similar posts.

When you arrive back at your original position, you float back and get as good a view of the tree's base as you can, trying to put together what you've seen. Two of the holes for posts are located at points near the symbol you uncovered, each placed just before the stones begin an angular change in direction. As far as you can tell, there would have been eight posts placed with a set distance between each, making a sort of octagon shape. If you divide that octagon into eight segments, you suspect that each segment would have a symbol similar to the one you found.

Looks like this was a setup for some kind of rite.

You're not really sure what sort of rite this would have been, though. It can't have been the sealing of the tree, as you saw that in your dream. You feel a slight twinge in your heart at the thought of Yuyuko bringing that knife to bear against herself, and you push the thought out of your mind.

You shake your head and give the tree one last examination, failing to find anything else that would give you a clue about what that setup was for. You do find a small grave marker nestled between two roots, and there is a length of shimenawa wrapped around the tree, but you can guess what those are for, and you opt to keep your distance; that shimenawa gives off a feeling that makes your insides crawl something awful when you get close, and something tells you that tampering with it in any way at all would be very bad for you.

And that's that.

You drift backwards, away from the tree, and look at the titan itself as a whole. There's nothing about it beyond the fact that it's terrifyingly huge; it looks as though the bare branches themselves could qualify as some sort of bizarre dead forest. It's a haunting sight, and it brings to mind the awful fear that the fully blooming Saigyou Ayakashi of your dreams could inspire, but as it stands it's harmless.

Still...

"Gen."

A soft voice and a weight against your back startle you, and you turn your head. Yukari is lying across your back, her head resting on your shoulder as she looks down at the tree.

"Pardon?"

"Gen. The symbol you uncovered in the pavement around the Saigyou Ayakashi, that's Gen. I haven't seen that old trigrams setup in ages. Brings back memories."

That's why the symbol looked familiar! The dress she was wearing back during the party had some similar symbols on it, though they weren't identical. Feeling a little excited, you almost ask her what she knows about it, but you catch yourself at the last second. Yukari's expression is unreadable, but there's a distinct sadness in it that dissuades you from making a callous inquiry.

Eventually she close her eyes and nestles her head against yours, and embraces you from behind.

[ ] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.

[ ] Drop the subject, don't say a word. Just let her relax.
>> No. 11613
{X} Drop the subject, don't say a word. Just let her relax.
>> No. 11615
[ ] Drop the subject, don't say a word. Just let her relax.
>> No. 11617
[X] Drop the subject, don't say a word. Just let her relax.

Considering what we've told her, I wonder if she has some idea of what we dreamed about to feel compelled to come here this morning, or if she has some other reason for being here right now.
>> No. 11623
[X] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.
>> No. 11625
File 122394912369.jpg - (364.83KB , 1000x688 , f16aa24ae6a5445907efb736ae151866.jpg ) [iqdb]
11625
>>11611
[X] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.

Sorry, but I really want to know more about Yuyuko and the prior circumstances regarding the Saigyou Ayakashi, and talking about the trigrams and 'Gen' is a way to implicitly do so. Were the trigrams there during the most recent dream sequence? If they are, I missed it, so I wonder about their connection to what happened to Yuyuko. I know it's a touchy subject, but this is going to come up eventually...

The more I think, the more I wonder if this would be an opportunity to test Yukarin's theory: assuming further discussion is unpleasant for Yuyuko, keep pressing the topic until she doesn't want to and tell her you're not stopping until she makes you. If she can't, then Higan was wrong and she can't control you. If she can, has she ever felt like that before? If yes, well... onto the Yukari route? But if no, Higan was wrong. So yeah, an admittedly high risk/high reward situation. Implicit in this is that she forgives us for probing into a sensitive topic to make our point, but getting her worked up is the best way to invoke her ability unconciously/under duress, thus making a stronger argument over the results from a calm and deliberate experiment. Also implicit is that she doesn't turn into a quivering mass of uncontrollable sobbing, by which we've proven nothing but that we are the biggest asshole this side of the border. I kinda doubt this since she's so long lived(?), experienced, and apparently damn good at controlling/blocking her emotions during times of duress, but... anything can happen.

Furthermore, would she bring it up if she wasn't willing to talk about it more? Anyway, the bandwagon has left the station, just wanted to add some thoughts.
>> No. 11626
[X] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.
>> No. 11628
File 122395001022.png - (747.17KB , 889x889 , 06f4c0646524d24c95559af1a9d98a5d.png ) [iqdb]
11628
>>11625
And before anyone says anything, yeah, I know I'm contradicting myself on a character point. Part of making a good argument is bypassing counter-arguments, and the part of making even better arguments (and demanded by common-fucking-sense) is making sure you don't argue against yourself later on.

I'm still working on that last part, but I still think asking her is the right idea for the notions expressed above.
>> No. 11630
>The darker stones make a clear pattern against the lighter ones: a somewhat muddled border to delineate the edge of the pavement, and a set of three straight lines, two broken and one unbroken.

[☶] "Gen...? Eternal? No. Unchanging. Static. Yes, the same in my dream."
[☶] There's no better way to show Yukari exactly how vivid your dreams are than to show her in detail: Will your clothes into those familiar blue robes and act out the scene as if you were in a Noh opera.

We know it was probably Yukari screaming at the end of the dream. She told you to ask her questions last night, admitting she couldn't answer some, because she wanted to see just how much you did know. Knowing Yukari, she may just decide to keep you in the dark to prevent you from rocking the boat, so show her now that she's better off bringing you in than pushing you away.

And those are real tears. Hakunonymous is a method actor.
>> No. 11631
>>11625
I think you actually are onto something, though I'm not sure about the exact method.

>>The answer to this lies in showing her through her own view at a time when she is more open to talk; you'll have to do something that allows her such an experience that she can know exactly what it means to manipulate you, so that she may have some point of comparison for when she is not manipulating you.

Clearly, we're going to have to do SOMETHING to make her knowingly exert her control over us. I would just like to hope it wouldn't have to be something so...assholish. Still, it might be that something so drastic is the only thing that could truly work. We probably can't accomplish it by keeping the kid gloves on.

Besides, no relationship is perfect or without conflict. As easy as a ride we've had so far, we're bound to have to experience a hell of a lot of turbulence sooner or later. Still, if it manages to withstand the coming storm, it will become that much stronger because of it.
>> No. 11632
>>11625
>would she bring it up if she wasn't willing to talk about it more?
Good point. The rest of your post was insane, that's not how you prove a point to someone.

>>11630
>act out the scene
holy shit what

[x] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.
Yukari knows we wandered out here thinking about Yuyuko, she knows we want to learn more about her out of concern for her. After all that we asked in the bath, I can't see how she would take offense to this.
>> No. 11634
[x] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.
>> No. 11643
[X] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.
>> No. 11644
[x] Drop the subject, don't say a word. Just let her relax.

Could always ask her later.
>> No. 11647
>>11644

Are you sure of that? Somethings are one-time only.

[X] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.
>> No. 11673
[†] Drop the subject, don't say a word. Just let her relax.
>> No. 11684
File 122403455975.jpg - (45.86KB , 500x600 , yukari030.jpg ) [iqdb]
11684
[X] Ask what she knows about the "trigrams" setup, as tactfully as you can.

***

While your curiosity refuses to die, you do allow Yukari to make herself comfortable before you query her. There is no doubt that this is sensitive subject for her, and the woman is certainly enough of a friend that you would rather not upset her. You soon find yourself taking one of her hands in yours, almost instinctively.

"Do you mind telling me about it, Yukari, or...?"

She shakes her head slightly.

"No, it's fine."

She releases you from her hold and pulls away. A gap opens in the air beneath her, and she sits down on it as though it were a cushion; apparently she wants you to sit down for this as well, as she pats the free space beside her on the large gap. You will yourself clean before floating over and taking a seat; though these strange tears in space do leave you a bit disturbed, you reason that it won't be so bad as long as you don't have to look into the hole. The gap turns out to be surprisingly comfy.

Once you settle in, Yukari leans heavily against you and stifles a yawn.

"Sorry, I'm getting tired. I haven't been this active in some time. I don't trust myself to maintain flight very well right now."

You rest one arm around her, letting her use the crook of your neck as a pillow of sorts.

"That's fine, Yukari. Just take it easy."

"Thank you."

The gap carries the two of you a bit lower, and moves to give you a better view of the Saigyou Ayakashi. Yukari falls silent for a spell and closes her eyes, her breathing slowing drastically, until it sounds almost as though she were sleeping. When she does speak, it comes out quietly and deliberately, her voice just as tired as she seems to be.

"Gen. One of the Bagua, the eight trigrams. I created that particular Bagua sign a long time ago. It was the basis for a large transference spell, which was used to transport the Saigyou Ayakashi here to Hakugyokuro."

You hold Yukari gently, your arm supporting her back. Apparently too tired to maintain her position, she's slid right down your body and into your arms. You run a hand through her hair idly.

"You brought that here, did you? May I ask why?"

"Because I thought that was what an old friend would have wanted. The border of death reinforced the seal on the tree, and... it helped me meet that friend again."

Though Yukari said nothing direct, you would guess that bringing Yuyuko's sealed body here along with the tree may have been what allowed her spirit to manifest as it did. A small smile comes to you as you think of that.

You lower Yukari's head to your lap softly, and her eyes flutter open briefly to watch you. The usual golden hue of her irises grows hazy momentarily, the color swimming and shifting subtly. She stifles another yawn and shuts her eyes once again.

"We should go have breakfast," she mumbles quietly, "Yuyuko wanted to talk to you about something..."

[ ] Go eat, and find out what Yuyuko wants to talk about.

[ ] Stay here for a while instead, and let Yukari sleep; she seems exhausted, and Yuyuko can wait just a bit longer.
>> No. 11685
[X] Go eat, and find out what Yuyuko wants to talk about.
>> No. 11686
>>11684
Dammit, I hate to idort this up, but it was my first reaction:

[X] Carry Yukari back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.

Slow flight back to Hakugyokuro with sleepy-moe Yukarin in our arms. Find a comfy spot on the walkway around the mansion use the ghost-coat as a blanket/pillow, then see Yuyuko.

Case of cake and eating it too? I guess, but it's the best I can do to be true to my Yukari-route determination without straying from the target (too much).
>> No. 11690
[x] Go eat, and find out what Yuyuko wants to talk about.
>> No. 11691
Edited to make sure you don't carry her bridal-style:

[x] Carry Yukari on your back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.

You did this for Mima and for Yukari in Higan, so it's not inconsistent, especially now that the person actually needs you to carry them. It's just the right thing to do.

in b4 the whining of routefags
>> No. 11694
[x] Carry Yukari on your back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.
>> No. 11695
I don't mind the idea of carrying Yukarin back, though I would think that simply having her gap us back would be much faster and efficient. Of course, if she doesn't trust herself to fly I'm not sure how much more reliable she would find her gap-HAX.

Either way, there's no reason to find a place to deposit her to sleep, just yet. She did say "we" should go have breakfast, suggesting she not only plans on attending, but is likely expected to. A nice meal might do her some good, anyway.
>> No. 11696
[x] Carry Yukari on your back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.
>> No. 11697
[x] Go eat, and find out what Yuyuko wants to talk about.
>> No. 11698
[X] Carry Yukari back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.
>> No. 11701
[x] Go eat, and find out what Yuyuko wants to talk about.
>> No. 11702
[x] Carry Yukari on your back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.
>> No. 11706
[x] Carry Yukari on your back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.
>> No. 11711
[x] Go eat, and find out what Yuyuko wants to talk about.
[x] Carry Yukari on your back
I think that's implied, though. What are we going to do, leave her here? She said "we" should go.

>>11695
I'd assume creating more gaps would take more of her energy.
>> No. 11718
[†] Go eat, and find out what Yuyuko wants to talk about.
[†] Carry Yukari on your back
>> No. 11745
File 12241382075.jpg - (360.99KB , 515x726 , yuyuko015.jpg ) [iqdb]
11745
[X] Carry Yukari on your back to Hakugyokuro; see Yuyuko.

***

"Alright. Let's not keep her waiting too much longer, then."

Yukari mumbles an acknowledgment and sits up slowly, rubbing at her eyes blearily and yawning once more.

"Okay. Give me a moment to get a gap up..."

A chuckle escapes you, and you shake your head.

"You're tired, aren't you? Why don't I carry you back?"

Yukari smiles at you and issues a slurred thanks. Sliding off of the gap in the air, you present your back to Yukari and float down to a level that will let her climb onto you easily; though, to be honest, it's more as if she were collapsing onto your back, rather than climbing on. Once you feel her arms around your neck, you struggle a bit to get a good supporting grip on her. Much to your chagrin, the best support you can provide her is a rather firm grip on her behind, and she doesn't seem much inclined to reposition herself; you're not sure you'd be able to get her legs around you for support anyway given the length of her dress.

"Do you have a good hold?" You inquire as politely as you can.

Yukari's reply is a quiet murmur, but still cheery.

"Just as good as yours."

You resist the urge to roll your eyes. Even on the verge of sleep, it looks like Yukarin can't resist a good spot of innuendo. Rather than responding verbally, you give her pleasantly cushy tush a firm squeeze; she replies by nibbling on your ear, and you drop the issue before it escalates any further. Even if she's half asleep now, you're not sure she wouldn't be willing to strain herself just to see how far the joke would go.

In the end, you spend the entire trip back to the manor with Yukari chewing gently on your ear; while the sensation starts off as mildly erotic, her nipping eventually slows down, until it's more of an affectionate gesture than a seductive one. She shows no signs of stopping by the time you reach the entrance to the dining room, having slipped back into an almost sleeping state, the nibbling seemingly a partially instinctive motion. Well, it's actually kind of nice, so you let her keep at it as you step into the dining room.

The air in the dining room is oppressive, and the awkward silence as you enter makes you nervous.

Your attention is drawn immediately to Yuyuko, seated in her usual spot and appearing downcast; she glances up at you as you enter, flashing you a weak smile before she returns to staring at the table. At her side is Myon, manifested into her more human appearance, who gives you a look of sadness and uncertainty, then a frown directed more at Yukari than yourself; Youmu's human half is conspicuously absent. You take your own seat in silence, and make yourself as comfortable as you can with Yukari hanging off of you. Judging from her breathing rate and the weight she places on you, you suspect that it's at least partly because she's too tired to move.

You turn your attention to the food set out for you. This morning's breakfast is unusually sparse, but you're not one to complain. With only a bowl of rice, and a plate of breakfast rolls with a side of butter, you won't have much trouble keeping focused on Yuyuko should she decide to speak. You start in on your food without so much as a word, waiting apprehensively for your hostess to speak.

You spend some time munching quietly at your breakfast before Yuyuko works up the nerve to talk.

"I think you should go."

You nearly choke at her words. Myon looks up at her mistress with a face expressing total shock. The sudden tightening of the arms around you and the shifting against your back alert you to the fact that Yukari is having much the same reaction, evidently roused clean out of her near slumber.

"Yuyu, I--"

"Just for today, just... spend today somewhere else and come back tomorrow." Yuyuko's voice wobbles unsteadily. "I... I can't think about all these things with you here. Having you around is too distracting. I'm sure I can sort this out with a day to myself. I'm sure."

Yuyuko locks her gaze on to you suddenly, leaning over the table toward you. A desperation pervades both her voice and her eyes.

"I'm sure, so please!"

Myon's expression becomes one of utter dismay at Yuyuko's outburst, then one of concern. She reaches a trembling hand out to Yuyuko, but flinches back at the last second, clearly unnerved. Another tightening of the arms that hold you, and Yukari speaks a warning, fully awake now with her voice both concerned and somewhat indignant.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Yuyuko."

[ ] Well... if that's what Yuyuko really wants right now, then...

[ ] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.
>> No. 11749
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.

This is the chance Yukari was talking about, to show her she doesn't control you. There's no bowing out or turning away from this decision. Today we stay in Hakugyokurou, even if the world burns around us.

If she's frightening Myon and even Yukari doesn't think it's a good idea, then we can be pretty sure it isn't. She has to really want us to go, otherwise she can't be sure about whether she controls us or not.
>> No. 11750
[ ] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.
>> No. 11752
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.

I get the feeling she's trying to convince herself that we're better off without each other. She's not handling this well.
>> No. 11753
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.
>> No. 11754
[X] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.
>> No. 11755
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.

I DONT THINK SO, CRIMINAL SCUM YUYUKO
>> No. 11756
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.

But now I can imagine Siki asking us how we know Yukari isn't the one controlling us.
>> No. 11758
[X] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.

Why did I have a feeling something like this was going to happen? Of course, this sort of thing was probably inevitable. Between Yuyuko's inability to understand the feelings of others and her tendency towards either trying to deal with a problem alone or simply avoiding it, she's clearly forgetting that this problem doesn't only involve her, and so isn't something that she can solve on her own.

I wonder if this is how previous relationships she's had have gone, if there were any. Constantly plagued with doubt that the person she cares about is only around because she's forcing them to be, reasoning that the only way to be sure she isn't is to have them leave, and in the end forcing them to leave either by their own will or via her control. Whether her fears are confirmed as a result becomes irrelevant, as either way she winds up dooming herself to her continued state of loneliness.

I have a bad feeling that one way or the other, we're going to wind up taking the Prismrivers up on their offer to spend the night sooner than we thought we would.
>> No. 11759
You know guys, just because she's saying she NEEDS Haku gone doesn't mean that's what she WANTS. Think about it, she could be giving one order with her head while her true desire in her heart is to keep him around. So if souls are resonating right now then it could be you're still be controled by her.

Doing what she says and doing what she wants may be entirely different actions here. We know she can't bare the thought of Haku leaving, yet she orders him gone which is a direct contradiction of her desire.

You want to test if you're under Yuyuko's control? Leave, leave and DON'T come back until you're CERTAIN it's not the case. She says one day, make that into a promise and see if you can break it without someone helping you to. Two days, three days and you've not come back as promised will help prove you're not under her control. For accuracy of results have Youmu and Yukari regularly visit you in seceret to give you a status report, there should be some clue as to whether she's pining for your return or languishing over her sacrafice.

So:

[ ] "Well... If that's what you need Yuyu. I don't like it, but okay. I'll step out for today, but I promise to be back dinner time tomorrow."
[ ] "Promise you'll be waiting for me? With dinner of course."
>> No. 11761
>>11759

No matter how obvious the correct answer is, you always have be the contrarian, don't you?

Yukari said you have to put her into a position where she does control you, so she can know what it means to not control you. It's more to the point to make this the one—force her into making you leave.
>> No. 11762
>>11759
Good point, although I think it's not quite as simple her saying one thing while wanting another.

Even if Yuyuko doesn't REALLY want Haku to leave, she also clearly doesn't want to actually deal with the problem she's currently faced with. Look how she handled herself when "Higan" made the accusation that sparked this whole mess. Anyone else would have gotten downright furious at having someone come into their home and basically insult them like that, and demand they leave, if not physically remove them themselves. Yet Yuyuko did not do that. Not only did she not so much as directly tell Siki to leave, SHE was the one who left, gone off to sit alone in her room.

Yuyuko clearly has a bit of a history of avoidance, and if the desperation in her eyes and voice are any indication, her desire to have us leave is on some level is probably quite genuine. Even if her subconscious desire for us to remain is strong, her deep-seated desire to avoid conflict and not directly deal with difficult problems might very well override it.

Besides that, Yukari, who needless to say has known Yuyuko for far longer than anyone else, clearly thinks sending us away is a bad idea. Whatever Yuyuko's true feelings on the matter are, I'm inclined to trust Yukari's judgment.
>> No. 11763
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.

Should she honestly demand us to leave. Doing various things to get us out of there.

We can leave. We're lucky we have a place to stay for a bit.

Anyone feel like playing some music for a while? Maybe some blues on how the one you love kicked you out of her house.
>> No. 11764
>>11762

Mmm, I guess this is also a case of deciding how best to get Yuyuko to learn how to deal with her problems instead of running away as well as the control issue. Yes you can refuse her childish and selfish request, to stand by her no matter what in order to teach her to face her problems head on.

But I'd rather present her with the posistion where she has to face them herself, if Haku leaves and doesn't come back it would be better for her if she went looking for him to bring him back. If Yuyuko really did want Haku back then she'd be able to do something about it regardless of her hesitations. This way she can over come her problem under her own will power rather than using others as a crutch, also if Yuyuko seeks Haku rather than the other way around it may help the case against control.

Yes it's a bit of a leap in faith, no assurance she'll come for him, but I believe in her.

Of course, this is just opinion. I reckon both have a good chance of working.

>>11761

I suppose you're right, in the end I may just be going for the answer I want to be right rather than the one that is. But as for what Yukari said, then obeying Yuyuko's command would fufill that by some assumptions.
>> No. 11765
>>11764
>Mmm, I guess this is also a case of deciding how best to get Yuyuko to learn how to deal with her problems instead of running away as well as the control issue.

She's had over a thousand years to deal with these problems on her own. How would leaving her alone again make this time any different?

>Yes it's a bit of a leap in faith, no assurance she'll come for him, but I believe in her.

These are pretty words, but I think her history with Youki makes it pretty clear she would not in fact come after you.

>But as for what Yukari said, then obeying Yuyuko's command would fufill that by some assumptions.

Unfortunately, she can rationalize us breaking a promise with her after we've left by the fact that our souls would simply resonate less due to time away from her.

The issue isn't whether she is exerting influence on your thoughts while you're in Higan or at the Prismriver household, it's about exerting influence over you here. And any litmus test for determining whether or not she is controlling your actions needs to fulfill this condition.
>> No. 11766
>>11765
>>She's had over a thousand years to deal with these problems on her own. How would leaving her alone again make this time any different?

How many of those thousands of years has she actually been forced to do anything about it?

>>These are pretty words, but I think her history with Youki makes it pretty clear she would not in fact come after you.

But Youki disappeared without a trace, Haku'll only be down the road. Youki eliminated any chance of finding him pretty much, Haku won't even leave Hakugyokuro.

The difference between now and then is Yuyuko isn't being asked to go through any great lengths to find Haku, she just has to go to him. It's a gamble as she may not like him enough to try or she may simply be unable to reconile with herself, but what's unlife without the risk.

>>Unfortunately, she can rationalize us breaking a promise with her after we've left by the fact that our souls would simply resonate less due to time away from her.

If time away from Yuyuko lowers resonance, she comes to Haku to get him back and he says yes then it can be said that he chose this himself. If being away from Yuyuko removes the potential for resonance and Haku still wants to remain in Hakugyokuro, it removes the problem of resonance as Yuyuko and Haku have the same wishes. And that's if she is having an affect on him!
>> No. 11767
>>11766
>How many of those thousands of years has she actually been forced to do anything about it?

Never. And she won't be forced to anything this time, either. Hakunon in fact would be going to lengths to make it easy for her to forget about him.

>But Youki disappeared without a trace, Haku'll only be down the road. Youki eliminated any chance of finding him pretty much, Haku won't even leave Hakugyokuro.

Not quite:
>"I lost her predecessor, Youki, before he even died; he ventured off into hermitage somewhere, leaving behind his daughter and I."
>was with Yukari that time, worried about losing Youki. He was only Youmu's age at the time, and he was just as easily flustered; I do hope she never grows quite as cold as he eventually did.

He seems to have at least told her where he was going. It was more likely her decision to not go after him.

>The difference between now and then is Yuyuko isn't being asked to go through any great lengths to find Haku, she just has to go to him.

She's never had to go to great lengths; she exerts absolute control over spirits and well as the ability to choose where souls go after judgment. If she wanted him back, he'd be back, and it's the same (if not moreso) with Hakunon here.

>It's a gamble as she may not like him enough to try or she may simply be unable to reconile with herself, but what's unlife without the risk.

I think you greatly overestimate the emotional investment she's made in you.

>If time away from Yuyuko lowers resonance, she comes to Haku to get him back and he says yes then it can be said that he chose this himself. If being away from Yuyuko removes the potential for resonance and Haku still wants to remain in Hakugyokuro, it removes the problem of resonance as Yuyuko and Haku have the same wishes. And that's if she is having an affect on him!

But that's the thing. Influence she's exerted in the past has now become internalized. Of course he wants to come back, there is nothing ingenuous or phony about that desire, but what caused him to want to come back in the first place that is in question.
>> No. 11769
>>11759>>11764>>11766
If we leave and don't come back, it's going to look like we escaped her "control", and she's just going to sit in her room and blame herself and sink into despair because she ruined everything somehow. And then what do we say when we come back? We were testing her?

The risk and price of failure with this plan are too high.
>> No. 11770
[X] I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello.
[X]Break into a Beatles song. Preferably "Hello Goodbye"
>> No. 11772
Yuyuko is torn between wanting Hakunon to leave and wanting him to stay.
Anon is torn between wanting to leave and to stay.

q.e.d.?
>> No. 11775
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.
>> No. 11782
Just what the fuck happened to our light and cheery erofic?
>> No. 11785
>>11782

It never was.
>> No. 11786
>>11782
Buncha people trolled it to death, so it turned into completely generic drama instead.
>> No. 11789
>>11786
>Me and YAF trolled it to death, so it turned into completely generic drama instead.
>> No. 11798
drawn out story is drawn out now. needs more YAF for lulz
>> No. 11799
File 122421212066.jpg - (225.34KB , 769x900 , a1738a9233685034cc1a9a514c0c67ce.jpg ) [iqdb]
11799
>>The song is about someone's entrance into the afterlife (presumably heaven, because of his conversation with a GOD [ Expressed as a HE in the Bible but represented as a female here. ]). But, the lyricist metaphorically uses the Afterlife to represent complacency, or stagnancy, to express the lyricist's need for change, or the need to challenge himself. He is apparently unhappy in "...a place of hope and no pain, perfect skies and no rain," and desires a life in which not everything is provided for him.
>>The lyrics describe a man's realizations that though he is in a relationship that most would consider perfect (the afterlife is metaphor for heaven), he has not experienced life itself enough to choose to settle down in that relationship - "But girl this can't be right...Such a surreal place to see... So, how did this come to be - arrived too early?"
>>He has to leave the relationship to assure that it is what he perceives it to be... "Give me your hand, but realize I just want to say goodbye. Please understand I have to leave and carry on my own life."
>>However, he expresses his love and faith in their 'afterlife' As he leaves her: "Got nothing against you, and surely, I'll miss you... This place full of peace and light. And I'd hoped you'd might, take me back inside, when the time is right..."

Now I'm in despair, fucking DLC. Thanks Rock Band!
>> No. 11801
>>11786
>>11789
>>11798
>>11799

Same boring faggot.
>> No. 11802
[ ] Well... if that's what Yuyuko really wants right now, then...
>> No. 11804
[†] Well... if that's what Yuyuko really wants right now, then...

We can spend the day and night with the prismrivers.. We promised that.
>> No. 11805
[x] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.
>> No. 11810
[X] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.
>> No. 11823
>>11804
Self-surprisingly, I agree with this. I'm all for showing Yuyuko she's not influencing us, but for one, it doesn't do anything unless she or someone actually notes our actions aren't being influenced by her. I mean, no one actually knows we went to the Cherry Tree against Yuyuko's will yet (except for Yukari) unless we outright tell someone, which means that it doesn't really count. Right?
As for a promise to visit the Prismrivers I don't remember that. But it's as good of an excuse as any other.

[X] Well... if that's what Yuyuko really wants right now, then...
>> No. 11824
>>I'm all for showing Yuyuko she's not influencing us, but for one, it doesn't do anything unless she or someone actually notes our actions aren't being influenced by her.

I get the feeling that some aren't entirely comprehending exactly what we need to do, here.

The ultimate objective is to show Yuyuko that she isn't influencing our actions, true, but the way to do that ISN'T along the lines of "don't do what she tells us to do/do what she tells us not to do". The best that would do is show we weren't being controlled AT THAT MOMENT, when we're supposed to be showing we're not being controlled AT ALL. Big difference, that.

Yuyuko's problem is her doubt and uncertainty about whether or not she is controlling us, meaning she THINKS she might be, but she cannot actually tell whether she is or not. She lacks a basis of comparison for when she IS controlling us, and so unless you can do something to show you're not being controlled every minute of every day for the rest of eternity, those doubts will always remain.

Yukari already told us what we have to do. The matter is in "how" and "when".
>> No. 11829
A short update, but an important one.

***

[X] No. Not this time. You may just be a guest, but... she needs you here now, even if she doesn't think so.

***

The sight of Yuyuko so desperate sends a sharp pang lancing through your heart. It's... painful to see her this way, so much so that you wish you could give her what she asks; however, a nagging suspicion denies you that relief. Just as Yukari said, you strongly doubt that taking a leave of absence will allow her to resolve this in any satisfactory manner, but more than that...

You want to be with her.

"No."

The color drains from Yuyuko's face, and she blinks in surprise. The blue light in her eyes wavers erratically as a subdued panic sets in on her, and she grips the table's edge so harshly that her knuckles turn shockingly white.

"Wha... what? I need this! Please!"

"No," you steel your resolve, "I won't leave you. Not now."

Yuyuko sits back and seems to crumple inwards from your response, her shoulders sagging as she hangs her head. She quakes in place, her hands slipping from the table as she struggles with herself. A soft mumble rises from her, and she speaks despite refusing to look at you.

"Please go. Please go."

You can't. You've already decided that. She doesn't want to accept it, but...

[ ] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.

[ ] Drop the subject, but don't leave Hakugyokuro.
>> No. 11830
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.

Just as Yukari said.
>> No. 11831
[ ] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.

I wonder if our willpower is strong enough to resist her ghost hax.
>> No. 11832
[X] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11833
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11834
>>11831

Would it even affect us if our soul is missing?

[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11835
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11836
[X] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.

And when she truly is all "do what you wish then" and knows she has given up using her powers we can go take up the Prismrivers on their offer or go to Yukari for that talk, showing that we are indeed deciding for ourselves here.

...do I even make sense?
>> No. 11837
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11838
>>11836

In a roundabout way.
>> No. 11839
[X] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11840
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11842
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.

Yeah, no. We got balls of steel.
>> No. 11843
>>11834

Probably. In this story it seems one's "soul" is just their karmic record.
>> No. 11844
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11846
[X] Drop the subject, but don't leave Hakugyokuro.

I think it's still not quite the right time to force this. Remember, Yukari told us
>>The answer to this lies in showing her through her own view at a time when she is more open to talk
Now, does Yuyuko seem all that open to "talk" right now? She cut us off when we first started to respond to her stating she thinks we should leave, and now that we've refused she's still not trying to actually converse with us, but is simply pleading for what she wants. She's not looking for an answer as to why we won't go, or don't want to go, or any other input from us other than our agreement with her. Judging from her reaction, she wasn't expecting anything more from us.

But, perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way. Perhaps this is exactly the way to start what we need to do. By refusing her like this, we might have established a base-line for when we're not being directly influenced by Yuyuko. Then, if Yuyuko FORCES us to change our mind or just plain do whatever she wanted, we would then establish for her what it's like when she actually is controlling us. Assuming she is aware enough of what she is or isn't doing at the time, the difference would hopefully be light night and day for her.

But then, I doubt this problem would be solved quite so easily.
>> No. 11852
[x] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.
>> No. 11853
[☶] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.

Hoping this will piss her off enough so that she actually does. Only then can the healing begin.
>> No. 11854
Just a heads up, but if anyone's interested:

>>/forest/8805

Working for the Weekend begins now, and updates for HLA will resume on Monday.
>> No. 11899
Monday, back to HLA updates.

***

[X] Press the matter. If she wants you to leave... she can make you.

***

"If you want me to leave that badly, you can always make me."

A deathly quiet falls on the room. Myon looks up at you in shock, and Yukari's arms tighten around you in reassurance. There's an abrupt end to Yuyuko's shaking, and her voice hisses through the air in hoarse whisper.

"Don't say that."

You swallow your hesitation. There's no backing out now.

"But it's true. If you really want me to do something, it's well within your power to--"

"Please, stop it!"

"You can make me."

"Stop it!"

"You can make me."

"STOP IT!"

"You can make--"

Yuyuko snaps her head upward, catching you squarely in the burning gaze of her eyes, which pulse and radiate with an intense blue light. The sheer force of her stare makes your blood run cold, turns you to stone, holds you mercilessly in place. In this place, at this moment, the only things that exist are you and a terrifying specter, wreathed in a desperate fury.

"STOP IT!"

---

A ghastly blue butterfly unfurls before you.

---

The world snaps into place, every facet of it changing sharply, like a film reel skipping a set of frames. With no explanation, you find your entire being limp, cradled in Yukari's arms as though you had collapsed backwards. Across the table, Myon stares with wide eyes.

Then there's Yuyuko.

She's trembling, heaving even worse than before, her breathing unsteady and erratic. Her hands are clamped tightly over her mouth, as though she were about to be sick. When your gaze meets hers, the once radiant light of her eyes has dwindled to a pinprick, and a single emotion can be seen in their depths:

Fear.

"No, that wasn't supposed to... no... I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to!"

She turns, scrambles to her feet, nearly trips over herself as she runs from the room in a flurry of distress. You're on your feet almost as fast, struggling to maintain your balance as your limp limbs drag you down. A firm hand from Yukari helps straighten you out, and you take off after your hostess.

You catch up to Yuyuko just as she darts into her own room, the door slamming shut behind her. Skidding to a stop, you try the door only to find that it won't budge. You slam your hand against it in a momentary fit of frustration. Forcing her to do that while under the kind of stress she's experiencing... if you can't explain why to her, then this whole endeavor could be a failure...

A hand clasping your shoulder brings you out of your frustration, and you turn to see Yukari behind you. She reaches past you, and touches a finger to Yuyuko's door, drawing forth a large gap that stretches to fit the dimensions of the door frame. Yukari gestures tiredly to the pulsating portal.

Giving the gap youkai a quick hug as thanks, you step through the offered gap.

---

In a blink, a multitude of eyes pass by.

---

You stumble out into Yuyuko's room, the gap closing itself behind you. A quick scan of the room, and you see Yuyuko in the corner, clutching a round, tailed pillow to herself. She shivers weakly and shuffles up against the wall, as if trying to get away from you.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 11900
[x] Embrace her.
[x] "I'm the one who should be begging for forgiveness. I wanted you to do that; I wanted to show you exactly what it would mean for you to control me, and why, right now and in the past, there is no possibility my actions are not my own. This is my own will to be here, to be near you. I love you."
[x] Until she responds, continue to hold her and whisper platitudes in her ear. (It's okay. I'm right here. I won't abandon you. etc.)
>> No. 11902
[x] Embrace her.
[x] "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I wanted you to do that; I wanted to show you exactly what it would take to control me. I had to prove that my actions have been my own ever since I met you. Its my own will to be here, to be near you. I love you, Yuyu."
[x] Until she responds, continue to hold her and whisper platitudes in her ear. (It's okay. I'm right here. I won't abandon you. etc.)


I approve. Simplified it a little though, because its hard to understand people's words when panicking.
>> No. 11903
[x] Embrace her.
[x] "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I wanted you to do that; I wanted to show you exactly what it would take to control me. I had to prove that my actions have been my own ever since I met you. Its my own will to be here, to be near you. I love you, Yuyu."
[x] Until she responds, continue to hold her and whisper platitudes in her ear. (It's okay. I'm right here. I won't abandon you. etc.)
>> No. 11905
[X] Approach her slowly and calmly while speaking to her, telling her not to apologize, but to remember how she felt when she did that, to burn it into her memory, and to think of it whenever she has doubts about if she's using her power on us or not. Tell her that you know you've never felt anything like that before, and if you could tell the difference then she must certainly be able to do so as well. Reassure her that your desire your stay with her is entirely of your own free will, and after this experience that nothing, not even Higan itself will convince you otherwise. You love her, you want to stay with her, and you do not doubt her, and so she should not doubt you. Most importantly, though, she should not doubt herself.

[X] Assuming success in approaching her, keep your arms out as you kneel next to her and continue to speak, and embrace her if she doesn't do so first.
>> No. 11906
File 122454876693.jpg - (268.25KB , 1300x516 , 1383167.jpg ) [iqdb]
11906
>>11902
It's still a lot to try to convey to someone in an unknown state of hysteria, but the simplified version is good.

I hope this write-in works because all it assumes is that she controlled us for a moment. I got to the "ghastly blue butterfly" and immediately thought she sailed right past "commanding death" and into "I am wishing you dead" country. I can't imagine her reaction to controlling a ghost would invoke that severe a response. Either she is truly loathe to exercise her power (which is canon, I think), we're a special case (in which case, HNNNNNNNNNGH), or we're assuming the wrong thing. I hope it's not the last one.
>> No. 11908
>>11905
>>Tell her that you know you've never felt anything like that before, and if you could tell the difference then she must certainly be able to do so as well.
>>Most importantly, though, she should not doubt herself.

Very good points. If I were good at that kinda thing I'd try to work it into the other write-in. But I'm not, so I won't
>> No. 11909
>>11906
Hmm, good point. She could have tried to death butterfly us in desperation as a defense mechanism (although Yukari was right behind us, so that might have been a bit extreme.) How about:

[x] Embrace her.
[x] Apologize, and assure her that you did it to prove that she wasn't controlling you. Make sure she knows that your will is your own and that you truly love Yuyuko.
[x] Until she responds, continue to hold her and whisper platitudes in her ear. (It's okay. I'm right here. I won't abandon you. etc.)

This way Patch can control if we are an assuming prick or not!
>> No. 11911
Maybe it's just me, but I think telling someone we supposedly care about who is seriously stressed-out and having a rough time emotionally that we had intentionally pushed her, pissed her off, and made her do something she is utterly horrified to have done to prove a point seems kind of...dickish.

It might have been necessary, but it also seems a little extreme.
>> No. 11913
>>11911

Why not say what you really want to say?

>Maybe it's just me, but I think intentionally pushing someone we supposedly care about who is seriously stressed-out and having a rough time emotionally, pissing her off, and making her do something she is utterly horrified to have done to prove a point seems kind of...dickish.

>It might have been necessary, but it also seems a little extreme.

The deed was done, now stop mincing around. This is important:

>Forcing her to do that while under the kind of stress she's experiencing... if you can't explain why to her, then this whole endeavor could be a failure...
>> No. 11914
[X] Approach her slowly and calmly while speaking to her, telling her not to apologize, but to remember how she felt when she did that, to burn it into her memory, and to think of it whenever she has doubts about if she's using her power on us or not. Tell her that you know you've never felt anything like that before, and if you could tell the difference then she must certainly be able to do so as well. Reassure her that your desire your stay with her is entirely of your own free will, and after this experience that nothing, not even Higan itself will convince you otherwise. You love her, you want to stay with her, and you do not doubt her, and so she should not doubt you. Most importantly, though, she should not doubt herself.

[X] Assuming success in approaching her, keep your arms out as you kneel next to her and continue to speak, and embrace her if she doesn't do so first.

Also not good at writing dialogue for other people. Patch can take care of it though, he's a pretty cool writefag.
>> No. 11915
[X] Approach her slowly and calmly while speaking to her, telling her not to apologize, but to remember how she felt when she did that, to burn it into her memory, and to think of it whenever she has doubts about if she's using her power on us or not. Tell her that you know you've never felt anything like that before, and if you could tell the difference then she must certainly be able to do so as well. Reassure her that your desire your stay with her is entirely of your own free will, and after this experience that nothing, not even Higan itself will convince you otherwise. You love her, you want to stay with her, and you do not doubt her, and so she should not doubt you. Most importantly, though, she should not doubt herself.

[X] Assuming success in approaching her, keep your arms out as you kneel next to her and continue to speak, and embrace her if she doesn't do so first.
>> No. 11916
>>11913
No, I'm pretty sure the way I put it is what I meant. Seeing how I was, you know, the one saying it.

My point is not that we shouldn't have done what we did, it's just that if we explain ourselves like we're leaning towards doing it, we should be prepared in the event that Yuyuko's reaction is less-than-favorable at the moment.

I don't know about you, but if I was having a rough time emotionally and someone started pushing my buttons and basically driving me to do something I deeply regretted immediately afterward, and then they come and say they intentionally did that to prove a point to me, my reaction wouldn't be "Oh, I understand, and thank you for opening my eyes!" It would be more along the lines of "YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT GOD I HATE YOU".

Not to say that this is what would happen here, but it never hurts to brace for the worst.
>> No. 11918
>>11916
>my reaction wouldn't be "Oh, I understand, and thank you for opening my eyes!" It would be more along the lines of "YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT GOD I HATE YOU".

Neglecting, of course, the vast sea between the two.
>> No. 11921
[X] "Want me to leave? Yes? Good, then you know you're not forcing me to do this."
[X] Hugs time!
>> No. 11925
[†] Embrace her.
[†] "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I wanted you to do that; I wanted to show you exactly what it would take to control me. I had to prove that my actions have been my own ever since I met you. Its my own will to be here, to be near you. I love you, Yuyu."
[†] Until she responds, continue to hold her and whisper platitudes in her ear. (It's okay. I'm right here. I won't abandon you. etc.)


That was a great write-in!
>> No. 11928
>>11918
The middle ground is for pussies.
>> No. 11954
[X] Approach her slowly and calmly while speaking to her, telling her not to apologize, but to remember how she felt when she did that, to burn it into her memory, and to think of it whenever she has doubts about if she's using her power on us or not. Tell her that you know you've never felt anything like that before, and if you could tell the difference then she must certainly be able to do so as well. Reassure her that your desire your stay with her is entirely of your own free will, and after this experience that nothing, not even Higan itself will convince you otherwise. You love her, you want to stay with her, and you do not doubt her, and so she should not doubt you. Most importantly, though, she should not doubt herself.

[X] Assuming success in approaching her, keep your arms out as you kneel next to her and continue to speak, and embrace her if she doesn't do so first.
>> No. 11959
[X] Approach her slowly and calmly while speaking to her, telling her not to apologize, but to remember how she felt when she did that, to burn it into her memory, and to think of it whenever she has doubts about if she's using her power on us or not. Tell her that you know you've never felt anything like that before, and if you could tell the difference then she must certainly be able to do so as well. Reassure her that your desire your stay with her is entirely of your own free will, and after this experience that nothing, not even Higan itself will convince you otherwise. You love her, you want to stay with her, and you do not doubt her, and so she should not doubt you. Most importantly, though, she should not doubt herself.

[X] Assuming success in approaching her, keep your arms out as you kneel next to her and continue to speak, and embrace her if she doesn't do so first.
>> No. 11960
[X] Approach her slowly and calmly while speaking to her, telling her not to apologize, but to remember how she felt when she did that, to burn it into her memory, and to think of it whenever she has doubts about if she's using her power on us or not. Tell her that you know you've never felt anything like that before, and if you could tell the difference then she must certainly be able to do so as well. Reassure her that your desire your stay with her is entirely of your own free will, and after this experience that nothing, not even Higan itself will convince you otherwise. You love her, you want to stay with her, and you do not doubt her, and so she should not doubt you. Most importantly, though, she should not doubt herself.

[X] Assuming success in approaching her, keep your arms out as you kneel next to her and continue to speak, and embrace her if she doesn't do so first.
>> No. 11986
Okay, hey folks, I seem to be having trouble making a new thread, so... hang tight for a while. I've got the update ready, but it may take some time to show up.