[Return]
Archived thread

File 122229607441.jpg - (110.66KB , 808x571 , KomaSiki053.jpg ) [iqdb]
10994 No. 10994
[X] Go over and help comfort Siki; "I'm sorry you had to go through that because of me."
[X] Help Komachi rub her back, and perhaps offer to get some drinks.
[X] Offer to guide them out, but take the slow scenic route so you can talk.

***

There's a part of you that wants to follow Yuyuko right away and try to comfort her, but you can't just leave Siki and Komachi hanging; you care about them, too. They're both hurting right now, and in some ways they may be in a far worse position than the others. You'll have all the time in the world to help Yuyuko, but there's no way of knowing when you'll next see Siki or what will happen in the interim.

Start with what's in front of you.

You make your way around the table as quietly as you can, taking up a position at Siki's side. Though unsure what precisely you should do, you simply place a hand on the judge's back and start rubbing just as Komachi is. The ferry woman looks over her boss's shoulder to give you a warm, if pained, smile.

For some time, the only sound in the room is Siki's labored breathing as she tries to calm herself, neither you nor Komachi speaking so much as a word. After a minute or so of misery Siki sucks in a few deeper gulps of air, her shuddering easing somewhat. She's pulled herself together, perhaps not perfectly, but well enough to get by.

"I'm sorry," you start to speak before you're aware of the fact, "you had to go through that because of me..."

"Thanks," Siki rubs at one of her eyes and tries to smile, "but it's not your fault."

You lapse into silence again as Siki slumps wearily, resting herself against Komachi. The heavy atmosphere slowly grows suffocating; you need something to break out of this, so that you can move on. If you let this weigh you down, then...

"Do you want something to drink? It'll help calm your nerves a bit."

"No, no..." Siki's sad face tugs at your heart. "I think... Komachi and I should leave for the moment. If we stay any longer, it will just hurt more for everyone."

Komachi gets to her feet and lends Siki some support, allowing the drained woman to lean on her as they stand. You're still not sure what to do, but you're reluctant to just let them suffer quietly. If you had a little more time with them, just a little...

"If you two are going," you float upright, "then at least let me walk you to the gate."

Siki nods slowly, and she and her companion start out of the dining room. Following suit, you pause as you enter the hallway; before you go, you spare one last lingering glance in the direction Yuyu would have headed.

>> No. 10995
---

No words pass between the three of you on the way to the gate. As much as you'd like to comfort those two, you just can't seem to think of anything to say. It's very bothersome, to be unable to help someone you care for. It feels... empty, and you can't keep from shifting about in discomfort.

When your group reaches the already open gate, you all stop. The tense air begins to eat at you again, and you twitch slightly. On the one hand you want to say something, on the other hand, no matter what you come up with, a single thought is enough to dismiss it as ineffective or unhelpful. Damn it, this is frustrating! If you could just--

"It really is bothering you, isn't it?"

You snap out of your irritation and only now notice that Siki has come to stand directly before you. She gives you yet another smile, but this time it's genuine - a real, warm, heartening smile. She reaches out and brings a hand to your cheek, gently brushing a stray strand of your hair aside.

"You're a very sweet boy. Most people wouldn't be quite so torn up over the feelings of a woman who came to insult their hostess."

Her voice, though laden with that tiredness that tinges all her speech, is so much lighter than before that you feel a strange relief wash over you. Her tone is at once scolding and happy, such that you're not quite sure what to take away from her words. A sheepish laugh slips from you.

"I suppose I look pretty ungrateful right now, but... well, I know that you don't have bad intentions. Your job may put you in a tough spot sometimes, but you're basically kindhearted."

Siki stifles a giggle at your response, looking much happier.

"Kindhearted? I don't think that's a compliment for someone like me."

"Aw, come on, boss," Komachi throws an arm around Siki's shoulder, "there's no one that's going to disapprove of a kindhearted judge!"

"I guess that's true, isn't it?"

As you watch the two of them playing around, a thought comes to you. You've never really been at a complete loss for words before, and you were so frustrated by it... with the way you seem to pick up on the emotions of others, could that be how Siki usually feels? If that's what she felt like after delivering her message to Yuyuko, not knowing how to resolve the situation, then you can understand a little bit. She was snapped out of it because she was reassured by your worrying over her, and if she's always worrying about others, then...

"That's reassuring."

Siki pauses as she tries to get out of the headlock Komachi has pulled her into.

"Pardon?"

"I was just thinking, it's reassuring to have someone like you looking out for people. I think I understand a little why you're so tired all the time, and if you're always worrying about everyone, then they probably are happy to know they can rely on you to help them when it counts."

You omit the fact, of course, that this makes her seem even more motherly; you're not sure how she'd react to that. As it stands, Siki seems much cheerier now than before, with a little more spring in her step. She manages to pull herself out of her subordinate's grip and straightens herself out before she addresses you again.

"I really am sorry about all this. I'd like to do more for Yuyuko, but as it stands, I..."

"Just do what you can. It'll all work out eventually."

Siki nods and gives you a bow.

"That's right, isn't it? I'll do what I can for you, then. Until the next time we meet."

She tips her hat, surprisingly, and turns about smartly. As Siki walks out the gates, Komachi comes over to you. Her usual grin is replaced by a small smile, as though she has mixed emotions about all this.

"You're pretty good, kid. Glad to see fortune's on your side, too. It usually would take longer to snap her out of her funk, but having the people she has to hurt end up understanding... it's nice to see her cheering up so quick."

Komachi pauses to ruffle your hair, though perhaps with less vigor than she usually has.

"Listen, kid... I've got a favor to ask you, if it's okay."

"Of course it is."

"She's always under a lot of stress, so I've got my hands full trying to keep Siki upbeat; it's a tough job, but you've got to take care of the folks you love. So, since I don't have much time to come around here... take care of Yuyu for me. She's my best friend, and I don't like seeing her unhappy much, so I'd really appreciate it if you help her."

You have to smile at that. As if she even needed to ask.

"Of course I'll take care of her. It's a tough job, but you've got to take care of the folks you love."

That brings the grin right back to Komachi's face, and she pulls you into a hug.

"That's what I like to hear! I'm gonna be relying on you, kid, so don't let me down!"

"You can count on me, sis."

Whoops, how did you let that slip out? Well, Komachi doesn't seem to have noticed, thankfully. You return her hug with one of your own and just let the matter drop... you're not sure she'd mind much even if she did know you called her sister anyway.

Komachi extricates herself from the hug after a couple of seconds and gives you a parting ruffle before turning and hurrying after her boss. She tosses you a final wave over her shoulder.

"I'll see you again, kid!'

With that last word Komachi's ability seems to kick in, and she vanishes, leaving you on your own. It's nice that things worked out so well, but you've still got one more person to cheer up. With no small amount of trepidation in your heart, you start on your way back to the manor.

---

You've never actually been to Yuyuko's room before, so it takes some time to find your destination. Still, the room is rather clearly marked by the wooden sign above it, on which Yuyuko's name has been elegantly written alongside the ubiquitous butterfly mark that seems to be her signature. What actually attracts your attention to the room, however, is Youmu, who stands out in the hall while looking very upset.

As you approach, Youmu turns a helpless gaze to you, clearly distraught.

"Have you decided to make an attempt at providing the lady with some comfort as well? I have made my own attempt, and yet I..."

[ ] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.

[ ] Now, hold on a minute, Youmu looks like she could use some help herself.
>> No. 10996
File 122229633333.jpg - (124.11KB , 757x615 , patchy087.jpg ) [iqdb]
10996
Ugh. I'm still not totally happy with this, but...

You've gotta work through your slumps.
>> No. 10997
[X] Now, hold on a minute, Youmu looks like she could use some help herself.
>> No. 10998
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.
>> No. 10999
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.
>> No. 11000
[X] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.

If Yuyuko is unhappy, then Youmu will be unhappy. We'll have to do something for the softie, too, but it will be easier if we can tend to her mistress, first.

It might be interesting to get Youmu feeling better and then going in together, but I think that this sort of thing needs to be one-on-one.
>> No. 11001
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.

I'm glad that we patched up things with Siki and Komachi.
>> No. 11002
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.
>> No. 11003
[X] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[X] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.
>> No. 11004
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.
This bandwagon looks comfy.
>> No. 11005
[X] Now, hold on a minute, Youmu looks like she could use some help herself.

Yuyuko option is clearly going to win anyways. I just hope we get some time with Youmu later.
>> No. 11006
[x] Now, hold on a minute, Youmu looks like she could use some help herself.

We can always head inside after cheering up Youmu, and it would better to have her in a good mood to help with Yuyuko.
>> No. 11007
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Don't bother knocking, just give Youmu your best reassuring smile with a wink before you enter: "You looked pretty cool out there, Youmu."

Youmu's unhappiness is clearly contingent on Yuyu's, and hopefully this small amount of embarrassment will distract her while you can help Yuyu.
>> No. 11009
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.

Youmu's unhappy BECAUSE Yuyuko's unhappy. And Yuyuko's unhappy because of things related to us. We should be able to solve this.
>> No. 11010
File 122230284538.jpg - (190.41KB , 618x750 , ef0ef7eefc3298686b34e8da67db0bef.jpg ) [iqdb]
11010
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.

In after this shits the bed. Like wet.
>> No. 11011
[x] HUG EVERYONE
>> No. 11012
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.
>> No. 11013
[X] Suggest that both of you try to cheer up Yuyuko together.
>> No. 11014
File 12223065435.jpg - (167.54KB , 525x600 , 1686016.jpg ) [iqdb]
11014
>>10996
Huh, thought this was one of the better ones so far. Oh well, a Wriggle for your efforts.
>> No. 11015
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.

I like this one best.
>> No. 11016
[X] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[X] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
>> No. 11017
[x] Now, hold on a minute, Youmu looks like she could use some help herself.
[x] After hearing Youmu out, suggest she cosplay as a schoolgirl to assist you in cheering Yuyu up.
>> No. 11018
File 12223218407.jpg - (420.51KB , 600x847 , 814c17324375a1b6ce76f59a7ec1cb0c.jpg ) [iqdb]
11018
>>11017
>> No. 11019
[+] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[+] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
It amounts to the same thing, but I like the taste of this one better.
>> No. 11020
[†] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[†] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile.
>> No. 11021
[0] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[0] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
>> No. 11022
[+] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[+] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
>> No. 11023
[x] Take advantage of Yuyuko in her time of weakness
>> No. 11024
[x] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[x] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
>> No. 11025
[X] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[X] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
>> No. 11026
[X] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[X] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
>> No. 11049
update
>> No. 11056
[X] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[X] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.
>> No. 11070
File 122249098357.png - (71.60KB , 600x600 , yuyuko159.png ) [iqdb]
11070
[X] It may be tough, but you have to try and help Yuyuko now.
[X] Give Youmu your best reassuring smile, put a hand on her shoulder and tell her not to worry, you'll sort things out.

***

While a Youmu this distressed is unpleasant, you're not sure you can do much for her right now. You're not too optimistic about your chances of improving her mood as long as Yuyuko is troubled. All the same, you place a hand on one of Youmu's shoulders and give it a light squeeze, trying all the while to give her as reassuring a smile as you can.

"Don't worry too much Youmu, I'll try and sort things out."

She nods, but not with any real vigor. Your words don't seem to have done anything for her, unfortunately. She doesn't have anything to say, so with a heavy heart and an anxious mind, you turn towards Yuyuko's room.

You slide the door open with a firmness that surprises you; that's good, though. You're going to have to be composed for this, and it can only help if you turn out more steady than you expect to be. You step into the the dim room and here the smooth sound of the door sliding shut behind you; it seems Youmu wants to lend you some privacy.

"Is it your turn to try and cheer me up now?"

Before you can even take stock of the room, Yuyuko's voice draws your attention to her. She's sitting at a small rectangular table, a roll of parchment set before her and a small bottle of what looks like paint or ink pinning the sheet to the table. From the brush in her hand, she appears to be painting something by the light of a small candle - the only real illumination in the room.

Rather than reply to her immediately, you quietly take a seat beside her at the table. From here you can see that she's painting an image of... butterflies. Naturally. The image is striking, especially when you consider that Yuyuko does not appear to be focused on the image - she hardly even has her eyes on it.

"Art is a wonderful focus for me." Yuyuko wears a ghost of a smile, but it's unmistakably hollow compared to her usual exuberance. With a sigh, she dips her brush into her small bottle of paint and stirs the contents aimlessly.

You her free hand into your own, entwining your fingers with hers and giving a gentle squeeze. This discussion is going have to start with you.

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 11077
[x] "I showed them the door. If it makes you feel any better, they looked about as unhappy as you do now."
[x] "If this is anyone's fault it's my own for assuming Siki's fellows would be as rational as she is and refusing to aid the court so adamantly. Of course my compliance is a non-issue since I myself have no idea where my 'soul' is or what that even means, but I suppose my words offered them the opportunity to redeem their failures with this Pyrrhic victory. Fucking bureaucrats."
>> No. 11079
Hmmm.

I'm never any good with write-ins.
>> No. 11080
>>11079
me either when it comes to dialogue(lol socially inept), also this is a particularly sensitive moment.

my stab at this:

[x] Give Yuyuko a noogie "well, we both know you didn't manipulate me into doing that or anything else, now did you?"
[x] "I showed them the door. If it makes you feel any better, they looked about as unhappy as you do now."
[x] Give Yuyuko a Warm smile followed by a BEARHUG, then leave.


I don't think we need to tell Yuyuko that this wasn't Shiki or 'Machi's idea seeing how long she's known them and how close they are, Yuyuko's no idiot. Give her some time to chillax while we go cheer up Youmu!
>> No. 11081
>>11080
>>[x] Give Yuyuko a noogie "well, we both know you didn't manipulate me into doing that or anything else, now did you?"
Counter-voting this.
>> No. 11082
[X] "I showed them the door. If it makes you feel any better, they looked about as unhappy as you do now."
[X] "Youmu seemed really sad too, so I promised her I'd cheer you up... and since I don't like breaking promises, I'm not leaving until you're feeling better."
[X] "There's one more promise I'd like to make, though." Lean in closer and rest your head on her shoulder. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."
>> No. 11084
>[X] "There's one more promise I'd like to make, though." Lean in closer and rest your head on her shoulder. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

To which she'll bitterly reply that you've made two promises tonight that you can't keep and tell you to leave. Well she may not say it, but she'll think it being the consummate drama queen she is--and as for empty promises, she has lifetimes enough of those. I think you'd do better to reassure her that things won't change at least in the short term. You want to be earnest but not naive.

Yuyuko's initial request that your case with the Court be kept to yourself forces her into silence on the matter. With little idea of what was said between you and Siki, what the problem is, and that this isn't a personal attack on her part, we've left Yuyuko free to catastrophize.

[X] "I showed them the door. If it makes you feel any better, they looked about as unhappy as you do now."
[X] "Do you want to talk about it? She--Shiki that is--didn't really give a complete account of what happened; I suspect this is more bureaucrats having to cover their asses than a serious attack on your character."
[X] "We had a lot of fun yesterday, didn't we? Maybe I could do my hair up like a kabuki actor and you could show me how put on make-up? Maybe you could get me one of those nice fans you're always hiding behind?"
[X] "Ah, I know what's wrong. You, me, neither of us have had any breakfast! I bet you completely forgot! Hunger makes people grumpy. So come on, let me cook you something."

If none of this works:
[x] "Fine. If I can't cheer you up, I'll find the person that can." Call out to Youmu; you'll leave for Yukari's residence immediately.

After which we'll wrangle Youmu into taking us to Mayohiga to fetch Yukari. It's not that Yukari could really help here, it's more to show you're willing to go the whole nine yards for her, in actions rather than words. I don't think it'll come to that, though.
>> No. 11086
>>11084
Seconding this.
>> No. 11087
>>11084
I'm going with this choice.
>> No. 11088
>>11084
This is good~
>> No. 11089
The problem with trying to cheer someone up when they KNOW you're trying to cheer them up is, unless you're very good at it you're probably not going to have as much of an effect as you like.

Sometimes, there's nothing you can really say that will help. At times like that, the best thing to do is to just BE there.

Though, with her mentioning her painting, perhaps that could be something to focus on? Perhaps ask if she minds if you try, or at least just watch?

In any case, I think more than anything we could say, the important thing is to be there for her, just as she was there for us during our little "episode".
>> No. 11090
>>11089
This anon knows what he's talking about.

[X] What he said.
>> No. 11091
[x] >>11089

Stay with her. Most importantly, stay with her. She's depressed to the point of detachment, saying a bunch of things and then leaving(!) will probably just push her further into it. Don't force the issue until we get her to wake up out of this. Try to shift the focus to the painting, and keep holding her hand - comforting physical contact will help.
>> No. 11092
[X] Stay with her. Most importantly, stay with her. She's depressed to the point of detachment, saying a bunch of things and then leaving(!) will probably just push her further into it. Don't force the issue until we get her to wake up out of this. Try to shift the focus to the painting, and keep holding her hand - comforting physical contact will help.
*shrug*
>> No. 11096
[†] Stay with her. Most importantly, stay with her. She's depressed to the point of detachment, saying a bunch of things and then leaving(!) will probably just push her further into it. Don't force the issue until we get her to wake up out of this. Try to shift the focus to the painting, and keep holding her hand - comforting physical contact will help.
>> No. 11097
[X] Stay with her. Most importantly, stay with her. She's depressed to the point of detachment, saying a bunch of things and then leaving(!) will probably just push her further into it. Don't force the issue until we get her to wake up out of this. Try to shift the focus to the painting, and keep holding her hand - comforting physical contact will help.
>> No. 11098
[X] Stay with her. Most importantly, stay with her. She's depressed to the point of detachment, saying a bunch of things and then leaving(!) will probably just push her further into it. Don't force the issue until we get her to wake up out of this. Try to shift the focus to the painting, and keep holding her hand - comforting physical contact will help.
>> No. 11099
[x] >>11084

Yuyu will stop you if you try to leave in this manner, just like before when you played tsundere in front of her and Yukari; she'll grasp you in a hug before you can walk through the door, and after that, no more words need to be said.
>> No. 11102
[+] Sit behind her and hold her while she paints. Just hold her, no funny stuff. Let her know you showed Eiki and Machi the door, and if she feels up to it, talk to her about the events earler.

Intimate and supportive.
>> No. 11105
[✗] Sit behind her and hold her while she paints. Just hold her, no funny stuff. Let her know you showed Eiki and Machi the door, and if she feels up to it, talk to her about the events earlier.
>> No. 11110
[X] Sit behind her and hold her while she paints. Just hold her, no funny stuff. Let her know you showed Shikieiki and Komachi the door, and if she feels up to it, talk to her about the events earlier.
>> No. 11115
File 122263073870.jpg - (229.78KB , 800x600 , Youmu.jpg ) [iqdb]
11115
>> No. 11116
[X] Sit behind her and hold her while she paints. Just hold her, no funny stuff. Let her know you showed Shikieiki and Komachi the door, and if she feels up to it, talk to her about the events earlier.
>> No. 11129
File 12226573833.jpg - (206.23KB , 447x653 , 4d7b0b2d5abba8acc807206a29bf025e.jpg ) [iqdb]
11129
>>11115

Why did we go for the Yuyuko route, again?
>> No. 11130
File 122265826485.jpg - (265.30KB , 500x656 , 1222648639918.jpg ) [iqdb]
11130
>>11129

I have no idea.
>> No. 11131
File 122265916315.jpg - (52.95KB , 850x428 , sample-b51b40ad49960bc2a01a5b1538a0cb48.jpg ) [iqdb]
11131
>>11129

Wish we knew. Youmoe~ would have been better.
>> No. 11133
>>11129

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Once you have Yuyuko, Youmu is only an eventuality.

Package deal, man.
>> No. 11135
>>11129
1) Oppai! Oppai!
2) Patchwork already gave us an H-scene with Youmu in the "Demonstrate" sidestory, so what's the incentive for pursuing her route?
>> No. 11136
>>11135

8/10. You, sir, are crafty.
>> No. 11137
Fucking Yuyufags denying us delicious half-ghost moe.
>> No. 11138
File 122267384410.jpg - (102.40KB , 700x789 , 120858008653.jpg ) [iqdb]
11138
>>11129
Because Yuyuko is wonderful.
>> No. 11139
[X] Sit behind her and hold her while she paints. Just hold her, no funny stuff. Let her know you showed Shikieiki and Komachi the door, and if she feels up to it, talk to her about the events earlier.
>> No. 11141
>>11137
>Fucking Youmufags attempting to deny us long-overdue delicious MILF-ghost moe.
fixed
>> No. 11142
>>11137
>>11141

Will both of you faggots shut-up? God damn.
>> No. 11143
File 122270838471.jpg - (128.26KB , 1024x768 , yuyuko007.jpg ) [iqdb]
11143
[X] Stay with her. Most importantly, stay with her. Try to shift the focus to the painting, and keep holding her hand - comforting physical contact will help.
[X] Sit behind her and hold her while she paints. Just hold her, no funny stuff. Let her know you showed Shikieiki and Komachi the door, and if she feels up to it, talk to her about the events earlier.

***

Without releasing her hand, you shift your arm over and around her, and position yourself behind her. She eases her back into you as you bring your other arm around her in a loose embrace, and she closes her eyes with another sigh. There is no further stirring from her for some time, only the slow rhythm of her breathing and the pulse of her spirit.

At some point her candle goes out, plunging the room into murky obscurity. Your eyes adjust gradually, and all you see is cast in muted shades of dark blue. You squeeze Yuyuko's hand again, then speak in a hushed voice.

"I saw Siki and Machi to the door, Yuyu."

Yuyuko shifts in your arms and reopens her eyes, the bright light that pours from her pupils illuminating her face in a pretty, yet unsettling way. Even the glow of her eyes, however, does not make her expression any less unreadable.

"I know. I'm glad they left without feeling too bad."

A pause.

"You don't hold it against them."

"Of course not," Yuyuko smiles sadly, "they're my good friends, and I'm certain they don't think so badly of my character as that. It's probably because they're my friends that the court sent them with that message."

You frown.

"If that's their idea of being just, then..."

"Perhaps; the judges are not known for their tenderness. And you must remember that, regardless of my position, not every judge is fond of me or wants me to be where I am. I've at least as much opposition as support."

Another brief spell of silence, and you give her hand another squeeze.

"But, if it's only those who dislike you that are attacking your character, then you shouldn't have to pay it any mind."

"It's not that I care about an attack on my character, or what some bureaucrats think of me. I'm just afraid."

"Afraid?"

"I'm afraid they might be right."

You're frozen, stunned for a moment. Why would she be afraid of that? You know well enough that she hasn't seized control over you in such a callous manner; the time you spend with her is spent so because you want to be with her. So, why...

"Yuyu--"

You're silenced by her lips pressing gently against your own. She lingers, holding the kiss for longer than you would have expected, and when she pulls away, she brings a hand up to brush your lip softly with her thumb, as though there were something there that she didn't want to let go.

"Please, don't. It's all so complicated, and I don't want to talk about it. I... I want to be alone for a while, so please go..."

"Yuyu..."

Another, briefer kiss.

"Please..."

[ ] Leave her be.

[ ] Stay with her.
>> No. 11144
[X] Leave her be.

She just needs some time now.
>> No. 11145
[x] Leave her be.

Staying any longer would just confirm her fear.
>> No. 11146
[†] Leave her be.
>> No. 11147
[X] Leave her be.
>> No. 11149
[ ] Stay with her.

Hscene.
>> No. 11151
[X] Stay with her.

If her fear is that she really is influencing us, would doing as she says right now lessen or strengthen that fear?

I think that could be dependent on whether we're doing what she says she wants us to do, or whether we're doing what she actually wants us to do.

There's a chance that even though she says she wants us to leave, that she actually wants us to stay. However, she clearly does NOT want to have to deal with this issue right now, and avoidance of a problem is much harder when the person at the center of it is right there with you. So, when she says she wants us to leave her alone right now, she probably really means it.

I'm thinking either we should stay, but let her know she doesn't have to talk about it now, or leave but let her know that she's going to have to confront this at some point and that when she does we'll be there for her.

Either way, I think we should probably make a point that we're not going to push the issue until she's ready, when she is that we'll be there, and that if nothing else we believe in her.
>> No. 11152
[x] Flash her a predatory grin. "If I left just because you told me to, it would only confirm your influence over me, wouldn't it?"
[x] Kiss her back before she can respond. Deeply.

Take the initiative, and she'll forget all about the matter by the time you're done.
>> No. 11153
>Take the initiative, and she'll forget all about the matter by the time you're done.

You do realize that we're going to eat those words now.
>> No. 11154
>>11153

Oh, I plan to.
>> No. 11155
[X] Leave her be.
>> No. 11156
[✿] Stay with her.
[✿] Flash her a predatory grin. "If I left just because you told me to, it would only confirm your influence over me, wouldn't it?"
[✿] Kiss her back before she can respond. Deeply.

Sex, the great panacea. Also, payback for emasculating us yesterday.
>> No. 11157
>>11152
>>11156

I can't tell if this is a display of an utter inability to read the mood, and thus a very bad idea, or some ploy to change the mood, and thus possibly a good idea.
>> No. 11158
[X] Leave her be.
>> No. 11159
[X] Leave her be.
>> No. 11160
>>11157

She doesn't really want you to leave, but she can't ask you to stay because of the reason mentioned. Leaving will only lead to her continued sulking and then additionally you'll be faced with a disappointed Youmu; hope you enjoy spending your entire day alone, guys.
>> No. 11162
[x] Flash her a predatory grin. "If I left just because you told me to, it would only confirm your influence over me, wouldn't it?"
[x] Kiss her back before she can respond. Deeply.
We have to break the angst cycle before it has a chance to even begin. Though quite honestly I'm not certain if the kissing part is wise, though it's definitely a distraction.
>> No. 11163
[x] Flash her a predatory grin. "If I left just because you told me to, it would only confirm your influence over me, wouldn't it?"
[x] Kiss her back before she can respond. Deeply.

If nothing else, I'd rather fail spectacularly than miserably.
>> No. 11164
[X] Leave her be.
>> No. 11165
This could go bad or good either way.
>> No. 11166
File 122272625939.jpg - (104.83KB , 1024x768 , yuyuko213.jpg ) [iqdb]
11166
Huh. I'm feeling kind of productive today.

***

[X] Leave her be.

***

You have your reservations about leaving her to deal with this on her own, but if that's what she really wants...

"Alright, Yuyu."

With a deliberate and reluctant slowness, you release Yuyuko, making sure not to let her fall as you pull away. You manage to contain a sigh as you get to your feet; it always feels sad to let go of someone, especially now. The weak smile that she gives you as she looks back up at you over her shoulder makes you feel a little better, but you'd still like to stay and do more.

"Thank you."

You give her your own weak smile and make for the exit. A pale, wavering light creeps into the room as you slide the door open and pause.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay Yuyu?"

"Yes... I'll see you tomorrow."

Satisfied with that at the very least, you step out of the room and shut the door behind you, leaving Yuyuko to her privacy. Out in the halls the lights have mostly faded, and sight is only possible by the eerie glow of the wood itself. The utter silence of the manor makes you feel all the more somber.

"Have you had no success, then?"

Youmu's whispering voice draws your attention to her. In the gloomy atmosphere of the manor, her voice burdened with sadness, she looks smaller than usual. You'd go so far as to say that she looks almost... fragile, as though she were some pretty glass sculpture that could shatter at any moment.

"I hope I helped a little," your reply is just as whispered as her query, "but right now she just wants to be alone."

"I see."

Youmu hangs her head, staring despondently at the ground. It's almost imperceptible, but you can see her trembling, her hands balled into tight fists. She takes an unsteady breath before speaking again, but her voice betrays her frustration.

"Excuse me."

Without waiting for a response, she takes off down the hall. You give her a few moments before setting off after her. You've already had to leave Yuyuko alone, and you don't want to do the same to Youmu.

---

You keep a slow pace and leave a fair amount of distance between you as you tail Youmu, but it's just as well. You're fairly certain of where she's headed after only just a short time following her, and sure enough you eventually arrive just where you expect. As you approach her little dojo, you can already hear her moving about inside.

You pause just beyond the entrance, out of sight. Peering in, you glimpse Youmu with sword in hand, her teeth grit as she makes several vicious swings. Her composure is only barely present, visible in her sloppy slashes, leaving all sorts of openings that even you can see. You lean idly against the wall outside; what to do...

[ ] Just leave her to it.

[ ] Try and talk to her.

[ ] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.
>> No. 11167
>>We have to break the angst cycle before it has a chance to even begin. Though quite honestly I'm not certain if the kissing part is wise, though it's definitely a distraction.

I think if you want to stop the angst, then the first step should be to get out of that dark and gloomy room, and maybe go get some food. Neither of them have eaten in over a day now.

Basically, tell her that you'll go, but she's coming with you, kiss her before she can object, and carry her out if need be.

That or leave, fix up a nice dinner, and then bring it back to her room. Maybe even put on that little dress and trap yourself up a bit.
>> No. 11169
[X] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.
>> No. 11171
[x] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.

Let her get some anger out first.
>> No. 11172
[x] "Hey Youmu, can you teach me more about swords?"

REMEMBER LAST TIME WE DID THIS?
>> No. 11174
>>11167
>fix up a nice dinner, and then bring it back to her room
Excellent idea. We need to do that after we deal with Youmu.
>> No. 11175
[x] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.

This whole situation seems pretty out of character and melodramatic to me. It just doesn't fit Youmu for her to go out in a rage just because Yuyuko is depressed.
>> No. 11176
>>11175

I think it's more indignation over the fact that her mistress was so rudely insulted. Don't you remember how pissed off she got at the table?
>> No. 11177
>>11175
She's not "going out in a rage", she's working off her frustration after both of us failed to cheer up Yuyuko.
>> No. 11179
>>11172
Actually a good idea. We're already dead, so what is there to lose?

[x] "Hey Youmu, can you teach me more about swords?"
>> No. 11180
[x] Just leave her to it.
>> No. 11181
[X] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.
>> No. 11182
>>11179
>We're already dead, so what is there to lose?

You know one of her swords destroys spirits, right?

[x] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.
[x] "Hi. I was watching you~." Big, unashamed smile.
[x] "You were pretty cool back there, Youmu, in front of Siki. She might not admit it, but I think Yuyu was proud you came to her defense so readily."
[x] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."
>> No. 11184
>>11173 here. Vote deleted.

[x] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.
[x] "Hi~! I was watching you~." Big, unashamed smile.
[x] "You were pretty cool back there, Youmu, in front of Siki. She might not admit it, but I think Yuyu was proud you came to her defense so readily."
[x] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."

Playing Yuyu's proxy with Youmu, setting her on a more constructive task, learning Yuyuko's favorite dishes, and being able to cheer up Yuyuko together?

This wagon, I must band it.
>> No. 11185
Wtf, Leave Yuyu won?? Where were you, other Yuyufags? Jesus.
>> No. 11186
[0] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.
>> No. 11187
>>11185

Oh no, they were here. You just forgot how stupid Anon can be.

[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
>> No. 11188
File 122273814913.gif - (25.87KB , 791x613 , 1202699368363.gif ) [iqdb]
11188
[x] Jump into the sudden unexpected gap in front of you.

The only good option left is a Yukari option.
>> No. 11190
File 122273852920.jpg - (150.42KB , 480x678 , ff74765d0ce6d7546e0a5da945e287ac.jpg ) [iqdb]
11190
>>11187

You're a faget. Wouldn't have changed the ending we got. Sure we could have banged PAD, but she is a bitch and secondary antagonist.
>> No. 11191
>>11170 deleted, bandwagon, etc

[x] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.
[x] "Hi~! I was watching you~." Big, unashamed smile.
[x] "You were pretty cool back there, Youmu, in front of Siki. She might not admit it, but I think Yuyu was proud you came to her defense so readily."
[x] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."
>> No. 11192
>>11190

No Anonymous, you are the butt-hurt faggot.
>> No. 11193
[X] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.

I'd rather see what Patchwork has planned rather than writing the story for him.
>> No. 11194
[X] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.

This choice has led to Youmu time, so I approve.
>> No. 11195
>>11193
>I'd rather see what Patchwork has planned rather than writing the story for him.

I'd like to get the writer's opinion on that. Patchwork, does this write-in railroad the story?
>> No. 11200
File 122274266820.jpg - (49.60KB , 600x450 , youmu017.jpg ) [iqdb]
11200
>>11195

You wouldn't have spoken fast enough to get it all out anyway, don't worry about it.

***

[X] Wait for her to finish before trying to talk to her.

***

Rather than a clean whistle, the air lets loose a sputtering whine as Youmu's sword cleaves through it. She must be even more frustrated than you'd thought for her to be so worked up that even her swordsmanship is suffering. It may be better for you to just let her work out the aggression for a spell before you try to talk to her.

You're not sure how much time passes as you listen to her venting.

The chorus of sword swings finally comes to an end with a stultified thump and the sound of Youmu panting. You take the opportunity to step cautiously into the room, and you're met with the sight of Youmu down on one knee and exhausted, the edge of her sword sinking into the floor. She looks up at you as you enter, a strained smile on her face. You open your mouth to speak, but you're cut off by her before you have the chance.

"I hate this."

"Youmu?"

"It is not the first time, you know?" Her voice grows shaky, and her eyes begin to water. "Miss Yuyuko is troubled, and there is nothing I can do. I have to watch her solve it on her own, or watch Yukari solve it for her. Every time she is saddened I am taken by surprise, and every time I am helpless."

She sniffles and reaches up to wipe her eyes. A nervous, hollow laugh escapes her briefly.

"The only thing I am good at is slashing things."

Youmu...

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 11206
[x] Smile compassionately as you walk over to her and offer a hand to help her up. "You looked pretty cool back there, Youmu, standing up to Siki. She might not admit to it, but I think Yuyu was really proud you came to her defense so readily."
[x] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."
>> No. 11207
>>11200
Oh hell, you didn't just stick anon with a crying girl did you? Youmu no less? Talk about attacking weak points for massive damage.

Anyway, my two cents:

[X] It's not easy, you know? (try to make some eye-contact here) It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.

Sure, Yuyu and Yukari can figure this stuff out, but the constant is Youmu (or at least a member of the Konpaku family). Being indentured servants is one thing; being compassionate protectors is something wholely more respectable.
>> No. 11208
[X] "If that's the only thing you're good for, then I must be good for absolutely nothing."
[X] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[X] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[X] Try and think of a way the two of you can help Yuyuko.
>> No. 11211
[X] It's not easy, you know? (try to make some eye-contact here) It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.
[x] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."

I pick apart your answers and choose what I like.
>> No. 11212
[X] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[X] It's not easy, you know? It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.
[X] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[X] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."

Combinan games.
>> No. 11213
[X] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[X] It's not easy, you know? It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.
[X] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[X] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."

I like this one.
>> No. 11215
[X] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[X] It's not easy, you know? It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.
[X] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[X] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."
>> No. 11218
X] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[X] It's not easy, you know? It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.
[X] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[X] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."
>> No. 11223
[✿] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[✿] "Listen, Youmu. It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we are good at--you're no exception. I don't think you understand just how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. You're incredible Youmu, and Yuyu is blessed by your companionship."
[✿] Draw back and rest your hands on her shoulders. "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[✿] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today, I don't think."

You're channeling Letty from RAN here. Still, this is a good GATTAI.
>> No. 11227
>>11200
>stultified
I did not ever think I would see this verb in a CYOA.
I am proud of you.
>> No. 11230
File 122277861696.png - (62.82KB , 396x331 , k1a.png ) [iqdb]
11230
[X] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[X] It's not easy, you know? It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.
[X] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[X] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."

CHANNEL OBBA KEIICHI, HAKUANON!
>> No. 11245
Wound up attending my Thursday classes today due to extenuating circumstances. Consider the next choice called, and expect an update some time tomorrow. Sagin' myself for slow.
>> No. 11247
[†] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[†] It's not easy, you know? It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship.
[†] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[†] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."
>> No. 11250
Not much tomorrow left, here.
>> No. 11252
>>11250

Silence, knave. He still has six more hours by board time.
>> No. 11256
File 12229286152.jpg - (43.39KB , 448x401 , youmu187.jpg ) [iqdb]
11256
[X] Walk up to Youmu, kneel down, and pull her into a hug.
[X] "It's not easy, you know? It's easy to see how everyone else looks so important, confident, strong, or intelligent most of the time. It's almost too easy to see what everyone else excels at. In fact, it's so easy to get swept up in comparisons that we forget what we're good at. You're no exception Youmu. I don't think you understand how remarkable you are, being able to support Yuyuko with so much love and devotion. Regardless of the situation, both good and bad, you're always there for her. Youmu, you're simply incredible, and Yuyu is blessed with your companionship."
[X] "So if neither of us can help Yuyuko alone, then we'll just have to do it together."
[X] "Do you want to help me cook something to cheer her up? She hasn't eaten yet today I don't think."

***

You take a few steps forward almost automatically, bringing yourself over to kneel down beside the distraught gardener. With a light pull you draw her into an embrace; she goes rigid in your arms for a moment and struggles weakly, but you just keep a firm hold on her and she quickly slumps against you without any further fuss. You feel a sort of sad smile tug at your mouth; it's terrible for Youmu to be so down, but it seems almost silly to you for her to do herself such a disservice as she has. You know well enough that she's...

"It's always easy to see the strengths of others, Youmu. Confidence, strength, intelligence... it's almost too easy to see how everyone else excels. But if you spend all your time comparing yourself to everyone else, you lose sight of yourself. When you despair because you can't provide the same comfort as Yukari, or because you can't understand exactly what's wrong with Yuyu, that's what you're doing to yourself."

"But I cannot even grasp the depths of her feelings. If I cannot understand her heart then how am I to defend it? Am I not a failure as a protector?"

You sigh and hold her a little closer.

"You don't always need to understand every detail of someone's feelings to comfort them; most of us barely understand our own emotions. Some times it's enough just to show that you care, or that you're worried. You're remarkable, Youmu, precisely because of how much you care."

"I do not understand..."

"How many guardians protect their masters only out of obligation, do you think? How many serve only out of their sense of duty? That's why you're incredible Youmu; you serve Yuyu with both devotion and love. Your serve not out of an empty sense of duty, but one born from a genuine affection, and Yuyu couldn't ask for a better caretaker than that."

For just a moment Youmu turns her gaze up towards you, but she quickly buries her face in your chest once again.

"Is that really enough?"

"It's more than enough. Just showing you care can help her; as long as you love her, just don't give up on trying to help. Don't worry about the things you can't do, or you won't get anywhere. Just do what you can, and don't shy away from trying to help her."

"I... I still do not understand, but... I want to try and help her. I will... think about what I can do."

"Good."

You can feel Youmu's hands grip your jacket tightly as you hold her. It's never occurred to you before this moment just how small she is; perhaps it's because of the way she carries herself or the way her emotions are always displayed so vibrantly, but she's always struck you as being merely a bit shorter than you. Without her normal poise and in a sad confusion, however, she seems almost child-like.

"I... thank you."

Her grip on your jacket loosens as her arms, still shaky, make their way around you. She returns your hug very weakly and very uncertainly, but that she's doing it at all is enough to make you feel a little happier. You close your eyes and rest your head atop hers; a faint green scent diluted by large amounts of sweat reaches you - Youmu's smell. You run a hand through her hair absently. When you think about all the sides of her you've seen, and how it feels to hold her like this, you realize that Youmu really is...

"I think there's something we can do for Yuyu. Together. It's small, and I don't know if it'll help much, but it's something we can do. Do you want to give it a try?"

"I think... I would like that very much."

---

Some time later the two of you are standing outside Yuyuko's room, Youmu bearing a tray in her hands. In truth she prepared much more of the food than you, and you could do little more than provide basic assistance; you're just not talented enough in the kitchen to do much more. All the same, the fruits of your combined labor were more than satisfactory. The little personal touch that Youmu had put in with a certain degree of embarrassment had proven surprisingly cute, as well.

You take another quick glance at the meal the two of you prepared, more specifically at the large bowl of rice. Though you're not particularly sure what she used to top the rice, all of it fit the colors just right for her to make a little picture. Though perhaps somewhat crude and simple, little images of your smiling faces - You, Youmu, and Yuyuko - are plainly visible, topped off with a little pink heart in between the three of them. You can feel your face heat up a little; of all the things to make you feel self-conscious, who'd have thought it would be something like this?

You slide the door open quietly and peer inside; Yuyuko is right where you left her, still painting silently. Youmu takes a tentative step forward and sets her tray on the ground by the door, looking nervous all the while. She speaks in a quiet tone, just loud enough that Yuyuko might hear her, and she does so shyly.

"Ah, Miss Yuyuko, I apologize if I bothered you. You have not eaten yet, and so we decided to make a dinner for you. I will leave it here by the door if you desire to eat any."

Yuyuko makes no response, merely continues to paint.

"That is all I wished to tell you. Excuse me."

With that, Youmu steps back out of the room, and you slide the door shut. The two of you stand there awkwardly; you're not sure how much this might help, but you're sure that it will. Youmu turns to you and fidgets a little, holding her hands behind her back.

"I realize that you have not eaten yet either, but would it bother you too terribly to go without dinner? I am afraid that I am not up to making another meal."

You smile faintly and reach over to brush your fingers through her hair.

"I'll be fine. Hunger's not going to kill me after all. But are you sure you'll be alright if you don't eat? You've still got a body to take care of, and you're a growing girl."

She shakes her head sadly.

"I lack the stomach for a meal tonight. I believe I shall fetch myself a glass of water and turn in for the night."

"Alright. I'll see you in the morning."

You let your hand drop, and Youmu gives you a bow before she turns and heads back towards the kitchen. You watch her go with mixed emotions; her mood still seems to be rather poor, but at least she appears to have a little more initiative to her now. Perhaps what she really needed was just someone to talk with. You'd love to help her more, but... you've felt that way since meeting with Siki; besides, didn't you just get through telling Youmu to worry about what can be done, not what can't be done?

A fresh bout of tiredness hits you, and you sag a bit. To think you woke up feeling totally refreshed just a short while ago, and yet you're already exhausted. It's to be expected though, considering the circumstances.

[ ] Head to bed and get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

[ ] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
>> No. 11257
[ ] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
>> No. 11258
[*] Head to bed and get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day.
>> No. 11259
[X] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.

Youmoe~
>> No. 11260
[X] Head to bed and get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

>little images of your smiling faces - You, Youmu, and Yuyuko - are plainly visible, topped off with a little pink heart in between the three of them

D'awwwwwwwwwwww
>> No. 11261
[X] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.


>little images of your smiling faces - You, Youmu, and Yuyuko - are plainly visible, topped off with a little pink heart in between the three of them

OH COME ON, THATS NOT FAIR MAKING ME HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!
>> No. 11262
[ ] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Flying session
>> No. 11263
[X] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
>> No. 11264
>>11261
>little images of your smiling faces - You, Youmu, and Yuyuko - are plainly visible, topped off with a little pink heart in between the three of them
>OH COME ON, THATS NOT FAIR MAKING ME HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!

I agree.

[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.

Depressio~n.
>> No. 11265
>little images of your smiling faces - You, Youmu, and Yuyuko - are plainly visible, topped off with a little pink heart in between the three of them

Out of the hospital for a collapsed lung, and right back in for heart failure.
Asshole.

[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
>> No. 11266
>When you think about all the sides of her you've seen, and how it feels to hold her like this, you realize that Youmu really is...

too soft

[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Take a bath.

You have to take a bath.
You have to take a bath.
Can't you feel it? During the night, while you slept, it came upon you. Grease. Grease, on every centimeter of your skin, from your fingertips to your face. Touch your cheek, quickly now—quickly! Surely you feel it now, how slippery, how utterly vile it has become. Everywhere. Everywhere.
>> No. 11267
[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Take a bath.

There is always time for a bath.
>> No. 11268
No need to take a bath.
No need to take a bath.
Can't you feel it? During the night, while you slept, it came upon you. Grease. Grease, on every centimeter of your skin, from your fingertips to your face. But you're a ghost, so you can just whisk it all away with a thought! Everything is fine, nothing is ruined. There is no grime on you. Nowhere. Nowhere.

[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Take a bath.

I'm sick of that pasta, but this is a good idea.
>> No. 11270
[X] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[X] Take a bath.

Trying to sleep while tense could result in some unpleasant dreams.

Although, that might not make much of a difference, anyway...
>> No. 11271
[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Take a bath.

Bathan gaems are always acceptable.
>> No. 11272
[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Take a bath.
Good as any.
>> No. 11275
[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.

Take a bath? We are dead, ghosts don't get dirty.
>> No. 11280
[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Mustervate

Easiest way to relieve tension.
>> No. 11281
>>11275

Try reading the story before you vote next time.
>> No. 11284
>>11266
This never works on me, but I haven't showered in about a week to be fair.

[x] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[x] Take a bath.
>> No. 11287
>>11284
>This never works on me, but I haven't showered in about a week to be fair.

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 11297
>>11284

You know, I didn't expect anyone else to be as lax as I am with that kind of thing. Is this a special occasion, or do you usually keep your average down?
>> No. 11303
[X] Do something, anything, to unwind before you sleep. You're still tense.
[X] Take a bath.

***

Feeling tired, but still too tense to sleep, you decide to relax with a bath. A nice soak should help you loosen up, and it'll be nice to be able to take a rest considering how the rest of the night has gone. Your posture falters and you opt to float down the halls instead of walk; no reason to bother with walking when it's not necessary.

It doesn't take long to reach the baths, even at your slow pace. You don't bother stopping in the changing room, and just allow your clothes to form into a towel around your now mostly incorporeal waist as you float through. You're pleased to note as you drift into the open-air spring that it is better lit than the rest of the house, even through the rising steam, thanks mostly to the starlight that shines in.

You let your lower body phase back into existence and dip a toe into the water; it's just as nice as last time. You remove your towel and step into the water slowly, savoring the heat as it envelops you. With the stars out you decide to take up the same position that you did during your previous soak, and wade out to the large rock in the middle of the spring.

Setting your towel down on the stray stone, you turn your gaze toward the sky. It really is surprisingly lovely out; doesn't fit the mood at all, but at least it should help soothe your mind a little. Closing your eyes, you let yourself sink slowly into the water; the surprisingly soft ground you seat yourself on is quite comfortable, and you lean back in contentment, resting your head against the pillowy stone behind you.

Wait.

What?

You open your eyes and tilt your head back. Why are you not terribly surprised?

"Hello Yukarin. Decided to join me and relax a little?"

The buxom woman's golden eyes twinkle mischievously, and she pouts at you.

"No fair, you didn't react at all! The last boy I tried this with panicked; it was so cute! That was such a long time ago, though, maybe I'm losing my touch with my age. Reimun's right, I'm just an old hag who can't stir a boy's fancy anymore..."

Her lip quivers and she summons up some of the biggest crocodile tears you've ever seen. You roll your eyes.

"Of course not, Yukarin. Why, you're such a breathtaking young beauty that I burn with desire to turn around and ravish your gorgeous body upon the rock behind you."

She fakes a swoon and a blush despite your wooden tone, wrapping her arms about your front in a tight grip and pulling your head deeper into her impressive assets. Speaking of which, it's not as though you were being entirely faciscious; the feeling of her voluptuous bare body against your back is more than pleasant, and she certainly appears to be in her prime. In fact, you note that the way she's chosen to have her long blond hair done up in a bun and loops for her bath is quite an attractive look - she certainly is a beautiful woman, inhumanly so in fact.

"Yukarin still has it, drawing in all the young men!" Yukari laughs happily, and turns a sly shark-toothed grin on you. "But my, you're rather confident to think that you'd be the one doing the ravishing."

You become acutely aware of the fact that Yukari's fingers are dancing their way down your stomach, straight towards a part of your anatomy that is starting to react in a very noticeable way. You try to keep your cool.

"Well, I don't think those niggling details are quite as important as the bigger picture."

"I agree." Yukari's breathy voice as she leans closer causes the hair on the back of your neck to rise, and the tantalizing touch of her fingers hovers so close that you hold your breath. "But I doubt that's a picture Yuyuko would like to see at the moment."

Your boner dies a horrible, wailing death; way to go, Yukari. You sag against her as the energy drains from you again; you had hoped to avoid having to think about this anymore tonight, but it's not to be.

"Yukari, look, I--"

You're silenced by an elegant finger being pressed to your lips, and a sudden change in Yukari. Her whole body slackens as though all her energy has been drained away, and her usually jovial exterior melts into a tiredness not like that of Siki, but rather like that which comes along with age. Indeed, she appears somehow suddenly older and sadder than you've ever seen her. You feel a pang of something inside, and reach up almost absentmindedly to stroke her face softly.

"I'm sorry to bring it up, but I'm worried. I don't like seeing her like that."

"I'm not fond of it either, Yukari."

"I know." She leans down a bit to plant a kiss on your forehead. "And I bless you for it. Please, listen carefully to me."

"I will."

"I want you to ask me about her. Don't worry about what I will or won't tell you, about what is or isn't appropriate. Just ask me about her."

You search her eyes and find nothing but sincerity.

[ ] Ask her something. (Specify)

[ ] Stay silent.
>> No. 11304
[x] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?
>> No. 11305
[x] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?

I was going to say "Yuyuko was the cause of my death as well, wasn't she?" but this is fine too.
>> No. 11306
[X] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?

[X] Ask about Yuyuko being like this before, the reasons for it, and how those times were dealt with.

[X] Yuyuko said she was afraid Higan was right about her influencing you. You don't believe she has, and Higan can shove it, but how can you convince her?

[X] Why does she insist on being alone at times when you would think she would need others the most?

[X] How can we help her?
>> No. 11307
[X] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?

[X] Ask about Yuyuko being like this before, the reasons for it, and how those times were dealt with.

[X] Yuyuko said she was afraid Higan was right about her influencing you. You don't believe she has, and Higan can shove it, but how can you convince her?

[X] Why does she insist on being alone at times when you would think she would need others the most?

[X] How can we help her?

Yep.
>> No. 11308
[X] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?
[X] Ask about Yuyuko being like this before, the reasons for it, and how those times were dealt with.
[X] Yuyuko said she was afraid Higan was right about her influencing you. You don't believe she has, and Higan can shove it, but how can you convince her?
[X] Why does she insist on being alone at times when you would think she would need others the most?
[X] How can we help her?
Perhaps.
>> No. 11309
>>11305
>I was going to say "Yuyuko was the cause of my death as well, wasn't she?"

...I can't stop wondering about this, now.
>> No. 11310
[†] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?
[†] Ask about Yuyuko being like this before, the reasons for it, and how those times were dealt with.
[†] Yuyuko said she was afraid Higan was right about her influencing you. You don't believe she has, and Higan can shove it, but how can you convince her?
[†] Why does she insist on being alone at times when you would think she would need others the most?
[†] How can we help her?
>> No. 11311
[†] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?
[†] Ask about Yuyuko being like this before, the reasons for it, and how those times were dealt with.
[†] Yuyuko said she was afraid Higan was right about her influencing you. You don't believe she has, and Higan can shove it, but how can you convince her?
[†] Why does she insist on being alone at times when you would think she would need others the most?
[†] How can we help her?
>> No. 11312
[x] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they real?
>> No. 11313
>>"Yuyuko was the cause of my death as well, wasn't she?"

Now why would Yuyuko be the cause of our death? We were outside the border in life, so there should be no real reason for her to even be aware of our existence, let alone know enough about us to arrange our untimely demise and for us to somehow get through the border and into Gensokyo's netherworld.

In fact, for anyone to be able to do such a thing, they'd have to at least have some ability to manipulate the border itself, allowing themselves to either see outside of it or to travel through it, and bring whatever (or whoever) they wanted back through it and into Gensokyo. If anyone was a likely suspect in our death and appearance in Gensokyo, it would be a person such as that.

Good thing we don't know anyone with such an ability, right?
>> No. 11314
[X] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?
[X] Ask about Yuyuko being like this before, the reasons for it, and how those times were dealt with.
[X] Yuyuko said she was afraid Higan was right about her influencing you. You don't believe she has, and Higan can shove it, but how can you convince her?
[X] Why does she insist on being alone at times when you would think she would need others the most?
[X] How can we help her?
>> No. 11315
>>11313
I agree.
>> No. 11316
Patchwork check out Saguya's update here:
http://www.touhouproject.com/sdm/res/20109.html#i20836

AND LEARN!
>> No. 11318
>>11316

Hmm. Maybe I should start reading that?
>> No. 11336
>>11316
his writing has gotten much much better since last time I read one of his updates! it might be time to pickup his CYOA again, especially with Sakuya being the target
>> No. 11343
File 122331025860.jpg - (50.20KB , 439x583 , sexyyukari010.jpg ) [iqdb]
11343
[X] Ask about these dreams you've been having about Yuyuko. Are they the real?
[X] Ask about Yuyuko being like this before, the reasons for it, and how those times were dealt with.
[X] Yuyuko said she was afraid Higan was right about her influencing you. You don't believe she has, and Higan can shove it, but how can you convince her?
[X] Why does she insist on being alone at times when you would think she would need others the most?
[X] How can we help her?

***

Questions about Yuyuko, eh? Where do you even start? Well, firstly and most importantly is definitely those...

"Dreams."

Yukari stares down at you expectantly.

"I've been having dreams about her. Those dreams must be from something long ago, because in them she's still alive. She isn't like she is now; not carefree and happy, but always scared or sad. She's worried about her powers, and always brooding at the foot of a giant tree. What are those, do you know?"

There's a measured pause before Yukari replies.

"That certainly sounds like the Yuyuko from long ago; longer ago than even she can remember, in fact. I can't be certain without further details, and I can't allow you to give me any more for the time being, but I think I may have some idea as to why you're having those dreams at least. It may only be a hunch, but I suspect it's because you lack a soul."

"Because I lack a soul?" You're taken by surprise. "Why would that cause the dreams?"

"Be sure to pay attention, now. I'll have to discuss this with you again some time." A small gap opens above you, and spring water pours out and over your head, startling you. It stops just as abruptly, leaving you waterlogged but attentive. "Without a soul of your own, it's possible that your spirit is resonating with compatible souls. A soul is a record of many lives, and if you resonate with the souls of others it's possible that scattered information about those lives may bleed through to you. In this case, Yuyuko's soul would be resonating with you, and when you sleep the connection grows powerful enough to manifest in your dreams."

Soul resonance? How strange...

"What makes a soul compatible with my spirit?"

Yukari shakes her head and shrugs slightly.

"Too many things to be certain of any one factor being responsible. Have you had dreams about anyone else?"

Come to think of it, there was that...

"I had one about a fox. She had a companion fox that died."

The blond beauty behind you blinks for a moment, an expression of genuine surprise crossing her features. Shortly she laughs a bit, then brushes a lock of wet hair from your face, an uncharacteristic warmth in her eyes and the smile she gives you.

"My, I'm somewhat astonished to say that I honestly didn't expect that. It makes sense I suppose, you two do seem the sort to get along. Why, even I might have..." Yukari trails off for a moment. Despite her eyes looking directly into your own, you can't tell what she's thinking. She shakes her head after a bit. "Sorry, I had a strange thought for a moment. Let's save the rest for another time. Might you ask me another question?"

Yes, another question. You allow your eyes to drift closed as you ponder what to ask. As your thoughts collect themselves something cold lands in your hair, and you feel several small points of pressure on your head. The pressure begins to travel across your scalp in a way that's actually rather pleasant; Yukari is doing something, though you're not sure what.

"Alright, I know," you start to open your eyes, question in mind, "Yo--"

"Close your eyes, dear. You may be a ghost, but shampoo will still sting if it goes where it shouldn't."

Shampoo? She's washing your hair? Well, it feels good, so you might as well enjoy it. Just keep your eyes closed while you speak with her.

"Youmu mentioned that this isn't the first time Yuyu has been down, and that you've helped her through those periods before. How did you deal with her?"

"Ah, yes. Carefree as she is, even she has her times of crisis. It makes me a bit sad, but all I can do for her is listen to her troubles. Not even that this time, though; I'm afraid that this problem is a bit unique. Lean up a bit, dear."

You oblige her as you consider her words, and a small stream of water starts pouring over your head. Once the short shower ends, her hand guides your head to rest gently against her again, and she once again sets to work on your scalp.

"She told me that she was worried that Higan was right, and that she may be manipulating me. I certainly don't think she's done anything to me, but how can I convince her of that?"

There's a long silence as she works on your hair. After some time her response comes in a sad tone.

"I doubt that you can for the moment, at least not until she's had some time to thoroughly confuse herself. To begin with, you can't show her the world through your eyes, only through her own. The answer to this lies in showing her through her own view at a time when she is more open to talk; you'll have to do something that allows her such an experience that she can know exactly what it means to manipulate you, so that she may have some point of comparison for when she is not manipulating you."

Yukari doesn't bother to ask you to lift your head this time as the water pours down on it, and you just keep your mouth shut while it does. Once the water stops there's no further working at your scalp, and you open your eyes to see Yukari simply running her fingers through your hair.

"It's complicated, then. It would be so much simpler if she wouldn't push people away, wouldn't it?"

"For us, perhaps, but not so for her. She's always been the sort of person who solves her own problems, and the most that allowing us to get close will do for her is let her voice her thoughts and try to clear them up. That will to work for herself is such a virtue in its own way, but it comes from a fundamental trouble with understanding the feelings of others, and sometimes she just seems so selfish that--"

Yukari's voice cracks for a moment, and she takes a few deep breaths to calm herself.

"I'm sorry. I love her, I do, but old friends can become frustrated at one another, and I just..."

You reach up with one hand and brush your fingers across her face.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it too much. I'll figure out what I need to do for myself, you don't have to say anything more."

"Thank you."

You fall back into silence and sink a little into the water, letting Yukari toy with your hair as she pleases. You have things to think over now, and she probably does too; relaxation was what you originally came here for, so you both might as well snatch what little you can for now.

[ ] Excuse yourself and head to bed. That may be more relaxing at this point.

[ ] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...
>> No. 11344
On another note, I've had a couple of spare ideas laying around, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me taking a break from this on the weekends to write another story here. I've got two stories in the wings right now that could work for that, but I'd like to see if anyone would care much for it first. Just give me an indication one way or the other whenever you vote, and I'll take it into consideration.

If there's some decent interest in this, I'll put up a sort of small summary of each idea I have to see which one is more appealing. Otherwise I'll just hold off for now.
>> No. 11345
>>11344

Do it faggot.
>> No. 11346
[X] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

>>11344
Summaries please.
>> No. 11347
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

skinship
>> No. 11349
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

>>11344
Sounds good.
>> No. 11350
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...
>> No. 11352
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

>>11344
I'm game.
>> No. 11353
>>11344
Summary good.
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...
>> No. 11354
>>11344

Do you mean another story in /border/? Because this place is getting pretty full up.
>> No. 11355
>>11344
Post them summaries.
>> No. 11356
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

Hair washan gaems.
>> No. 11357
[†] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

>>11344
Sounds nice. I like your whritings.
>> No. 11358
[X] Excuse yourself and head to bed. That may be more relaxing at this point.

Partially to meditate upon what we have learned, and partially because my sense of paranoia is tingling and telling me the longer we're naked in the bath with a naked Yukari, the worse it's going to get for us.

Still, it does seem rather unfair to have her wash our hair and not do something in return.
>> No. 11361
>>11358
>Partially to meditate upon what we have learned, and partially because my sense of paranoia is tingling and telling me the longer we're naked in the bath with a naked Yukari, the worse it's going to get for us.

Yukari is not going to fuck you over here, given that she stopped herself earlier:
>"I agree." Yukari's breathy voice as she leans closer causes the hair on the back of your neck to rise, and the tantalizing touch of her fingers hovers so close that you hold your breath. "But I doubt that's a picture Yuyuko would like to see at the moment."

As Yuyuko's oldest friend and someone who cares for her more than you could ever know, I think you'd do better to trust her judgment on where the line should be drawn than to listen to your own niggling insecurities. Important to understanding Yuyuko is to understand the people most important to her, and that means spending time with them—including time spent privately; you don't do yourself any favors by pushing them away.
>> No. 11363
>>11354

No, not in /border/. I may have been unclear about that. At any rate, there seems to be enough interest to warrant the summaries being put up.

Working for the Weekend: Anon is dropped into Gensokyo by freak accident, as per usual. An ugly encounter right off the bat with a large swarm of faeries results in a chase and eventually leads to Anon stumbling across Mystia Lorelei's lamprey stand, which he promptly uses as cover, causing the faeries to destroy it as he hides. Mystia is naturally infuriated by all this, slaughters most of the faeries, and is about to kill Anon when her customer Keine intervenes. One thing leads to another and a deal is established: Anon gets to live, but in exchange he must work off his debt to Mystia by helping her run her stall.

In case it wasn't obvious, this one is strictly Mystia-route only. It's structured a little more episodically than most other stories, mostly because the storyline moves on by having Anon and Mystia bumble their way through resolving the troubles and incidents caused or experienced by her customers. The main focus of the story is how the relationship dynamic between Anon and Mystia develops and changes as they work together.

Sort of a... Romcom/Sitcom feel, you might say? Expect lots of moemoe tsundere birdbrain. Probably will take place on /others/ or /th/; there really isn't any other place for it.

In My Little Town: Hell of a lot of alternate universe. Seven years after being shipped off overseas by his parents, Anon returns to his hometown of Gensokyo in the wake of their deaths. Spurred by a promise he made to his little sister, he decides to settle down there and find a place for himself again after his long absence.

Set in modern times, the primary goal in this one is to start a routine and establish yourself; get a job, go to college, etc. All the good stuff. Balance is important here: you may want to romance a girl, but you're going to have to make sure you've got a stable source of income and an appropriate reputation if you want to see any success.

Pretty much the whole cast is available to interact with, including a couple of the more popular PC-98 characters. Note that a couple of characters won't be available for romancing, primarily because a 20 year old guy hooking up with a 10 or 11 year old is creepy and illegal. Probably will be on /th/.


Those are the two ideas that I'm kicking around right now. Comments or questions about the ideas are welcome. Your usual HLA update will come later tonight.
>> No. 11364
>>11361
Point taken, but I still believe that this has "potential misunderstanding" written all over it.

Yukari wouldn't do anything to hurt her friend, especially at a time like this, but we're not JUST living with Yuyuko, are we? And who's to say that someone won't decide they can't quite sleep yet, and walk in to take a bath?

Considering she was basically having sex with her right in front of us, and she clearly had no issue with bathing with us herself, I doubt Yuyuko would have much of a problem with us bathing with Yukari. Youmu, on the other hand...

Even if nothing at all is going on, the scene alone is bound to have some sort of effect on the poor softie.
>> No. 11365
>>11363
Both sound good, but I think I like the idea of Working for the Weekend better.

The story and scenario sounds interesting on its own, and the fact that it's locked into a single route by default means Anon can focus on debating and bickering over how to solve problems rather than debating and bickering over which girl they want to go after.
>> No. 11366
>>11363

I like the first idea much, much more.
>> No. 11368
[X] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...
>> No. 11369
Do the first one.

There is a major lack of Moestia.

I miss when Nine wrote My Daughter, Mystia ;_;
>> No. 11370
>>11363
>Working for the Weekend
>moemoe tsundere birdbrain
No thanks. But if you do it anyway, /forest/ seems like a good fit, even if other characters are stopping by.

>In My Little Town
>Set in modern times
>Pretty much the whole cast
So, kind of like Gensokyo Academy, but without the paranoia and despair that Kira loves to inflict on his readers? Fuck yeah.
>> No. 11371
>>11363
>In case it wasn't obvious, this one is strictly Mystia-route only. It's structured a little more episodically than most other stories, mostly because the storyline moves on by having Anon and Mystia bumble their way through resolving the troubles and incidents caused or experienced by her customers. The main focus of the story is how the relationship dynamic between Anon and Mystia develops and changes as they work together.

Time spent hearing the drunken gripes of various Touhous, offering them advice and commiseration?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5ojdakpq8

The end goal should be opening up a proper tavern/restaurant. Reach for the stars, Mystia-san!
>> No. 11372
[X] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

Just to be nice and because I likes me some Yukarin.

>>11363

The first one sounds interesting, EASY MOODO(seriously, what could possibly go wrong?), no routefaggotry(Mystia-only), writer-friendly(pretty much comes down to writing a set scenario without routesplits) and a nice read inbetween.
The second one sounds like generic dating sim #⑨, not sure if want, but depending on how it is executed it may be interesting enough, though straining for the writer perhaps.

Personally I would advise you to do "Working for the Weekend", as it could be a good means for distractig yourself and doing something else than HLA.
"In My Little Town" sounds either generic anddboring, or requiring some work to avoid this, which defeats its purpose of having you take it easy.
>> No. 11373
[X] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

Also voting against starting another story. /others/ and /th/ are filled to the brim right now with wayyyy too many startups that obviously will never be finished. I'd rather see you stick to this and get it done.
>> No. 11374
>>11363
The first one. I don't care about difficulty. Among other things, Mystia needs some love.
>> No. 11375
>>11372
>>EASY MOODO(seriously, what could possibly go wrong?)

When you're trying to build a relationship with someone who starts out pissed off and willing to kill you while dealing with problems either faced by or CAUSED by a variety of customers who will generally have some sort of HAX-power with which they could (intentionally or not) cause all sorts of problems for a small, struggling business that was destroyed by something as relatively minor as fairies?

Yes, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?
>> No. 11376
I'd personally prefer it if you could stick to the end with HLA, but if you must distract yourself, Working for the Weekend would be my choice. Seems like something a bit different; "alternate universe" stories are getting a bit common.
>> No. 11377
>Working for the Weekend

I vote for this.
>> No. 11379
>>11363
>Working for the Weekend

Fuck yes, do this. The other one seems too close to home and that's no fun.
>> No. 11381
File 122334367130.jpg - (102.30KB , 765x800 , 1216068268418.jpg ) [iqdb]
11381
>Working for the Weekend

In after that video with all the Touhous gettin' drunk at Mystia's stand and hilarity ensues.

[ x ] Excuse yourself and head to bed. That may be more relaxing at this point.
>> No. 11382
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

Working for the Weekend.

I'm reminded of this series of black and white pictures which were of the Bartender intro, replacing characters with the Touhou characters.
>> No. 11385
>>11343
[X] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

>>11363
First it's Foreigner, now it's Loverboy. I formally demand that every update include an 80's pop music reference. In the middle of an H-Scene: "...she writhes in your your grip as your hand slips beneath the thin fabric of her underwear. As your fingers find her soaked lips and begin to tease them ever so lightly, it suddenly comes to you, like a voice from God:

After all is said and done
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets.
Break the rules, take the heat;
You're nobody's fool.

You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough.
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough!

You got the touch!
You got the power!"
>> No. 11387
Wait a tic!
>>3513
>>"Miss Yuyuko is, as she said, the mistress of Hakugyokuro. It may not be readily apparent to you, but she wields a great deal of power, and in more ways than one. To begin with, as mistress of the netherworld she holds enough sway over life to invoke death in any mortal creature, as well as the ability to dominate and direct the mind and will of any soul..."
>>and direct the mind and will of any soul
>>any soul

>>9230
>>We cannot find your soul.

>>11343
>>but I suspect it's because you lack a soul
>> No. 11388
File 122335612962.png - (23.32KB , 479x621 , 1222487239292.png ) [iqdb]
11388
>>11387
>> No. 11389
File 122335721472.jpg - (23.78KB , 640x480 , hrm.jpg ) [iqdb]
11389
>> No. 11390
>>11387
I'm pretty sure that "soul" in that case was used as a figure of speech.

Yuyuko's power allows her to control spirits, and generally a soul is understood to be a part of them, and the two would naturally be regarded as one and the same.
What effect she would have on a spirit where no soul is present, however, is anyone's guess.

It's an unusual case, so much that there might not be a precedent for it, but do you really think that if it were as simple as "she can't control us because we don't have a soul" that Higan and even Yuyuko herself wouldn't have thought of that already?
>> No. 11391
>>11385
And then the protagonist in the middle of sex stands up and does the disco.
>> No. 11392
>>11363
>Mystia-route only

Yes please.
>> No. 11399
>>11363
>Mystia-route only

Do want.
>> No. 11401
>>11375

Well, compared with all the other stories, where Anon most often tries to romance multiple girls at once and ends in yandere and despair, the routelock and built-in focus on mystia would make it quite a bit easier I think.
It would still not be smooth sailing all the way, but moreso than in other stories. (As long as Anon does not screw it- oh, wait...)
>> No. 11402
>>11363
>Mystia-route only

Defintely HELL YES!
>> No. 11405
>Your usual HLA update will come later tonight.

What about tonight?
>> No. 11407
[x] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...

[x] Mystia route
>> No. 11408
>>11387
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Was this intentional?

Damn, I don't care. A technicality is as good as anything. Even if it's not the real proof Yuyu needs to convince herself, it'll be enough to get Higan off her back, for a little while... and she needs all the stress removed that she can get.

[x] "Want me to wash your hair, Yukarin?"
[x] Whatever you do, do not make any sort of fuck with the Yukarin.
[x] While you start to lather, it occurs to you:
"Wait... Youmu said Yuyuko has power over the mind and will of any soul. But... everyone keeps telling me I don't have one. So she can't possibly be manipulating my thoughts... right?"

I also want to add:
>[x] Afterwards, just before you're about to rinse out her hair: "Yukari... I've another question for you. Maybe it's ridiculous, and maybe not, but I want to know. ...Did you or she have anything at all to do with my death?"
>[x] "It won't change my love for Yuyu, but it's been bothering me ever since it occurred to me."
...but there has got to be a smoother and more tactful way to ask.
>> No. 11409
>>...but there has got to be a smoother and more tactful way to ask.

You're suggesting that you have even a glimmer of suspicion that either the girl you supposedly love and care about or her best friend who is currently confiding in you are in some way responsible for your horrifically brutal and traumatic death. You'd have an easier time cramming a whale into a phone booth than trying to insert anything resembling "tact" into an allegation like that.

Honestly, why would such a thought even cross our mind in the first place? Besides that, wouldn't questioning that sort of undermine the whole point we're wanting to make about how we don't believe Yuyuko is controlling us?
"I don't think you're manipulating me, but I do think you snuffed my ass out."

Doubt is not something we can afford to have now. Not while Yuyuko is as she is, and especially not while Higan is determined to process us and send our non-coporeal ass on our way to Hell or reincarnation.
>> No. 11410
>>11409
Yeah, I know. That's kind of why it was commented out.

>Honestly, why would such a thought even cross our mind in the first place?
Loli dotn' know. Ask Doujin.

Oh, and
[x] Mystia CYOA thing
>> No. 11411
>>11408
It's probably a small oversight, or Youmu doesn't know all of the finer details. I just stumbled on it while rereading from the start and freaked out because scanning for those kinds of details has been drilled into my skull.

To bring it up, I'd like an approach like this:
[X] Ask to wash Yukari's hair. If it relaxed her to wash yours, then...
(assuming we get to wash her hair)
[X] "So, what's the deal with those strange holes... [blush] erm... those weird rips in space you're always playing with?"
(I honestly don't remember if we've ever learned the details of Yukari's gaps)
[X] "(Speaking of remarkable powers,) I got the basics from Youmu, but what can Yuyuko really do with her power?"
(paranthetical depending on Yukari's response)

As an aside, rereading stories from the start is fun: no waiting for updates, you pick up new details, and it gives you better ideas for future posts.
>> No. 11414
Hmm, in this story Youki left Yuyuko, despite leaving Yuyu in despair, no? But the Konpakus are half-ghosts, I do believe. Was his human-half desire to leave enough to trump a Yuyuko controlled ghost-half compelling him otherwise, or has the possibility of subconsciously controlling the dead never been realized by Yuyuko?

Very interesting prospect, since we may be hard pressed to use ourselves as a standard: are we staying because she wants us to, or trying to leave because she is unconsciously pushing us away?
>> No. 11418
>>11405

Sorry, my university's Internet connection crapped out last night, and I've spent all of today tackling school matters or with my family. Update in a new thread in just a moment.