[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125797645169.jpg - (274.92KB , 1200x840 , 9f6159ceb5b16cd71a571a19ee31b045.jpg ) [iqdb]
3146 No. 3146
Death.

Then nothingness, and a return to the centre, the all-in-one and the one-in-all. Flung to the furthest reaches of the soul and back again, rejected and spat back out like so much unwanted mucus.
Caught like a leaf in a breeze, drifting over strange lands and stranger folk. These places are not yours, little human soul. But you can feel their weft and weave, feel the gentle tug of the physical once more. The lure of sensation and flesh.

Follow your instincts, such as they are.

[ ] The Place of Judgement.
[ ] The Gardens of Unlife.
[ ] The House of the Dead.
[ ] The Unfindable.
[ ] The Mansion of Eternity.
[ ] The Shrine of the Outsiders.
[ ] The Shrine of the True Gods.
[ ] The Temple of Monsters.
[ ] The Fiery Depths.
[ ] The Unfettered Wilderness.
[ ] The Outpost of Civilisation.

>> No. 3151
[X] The Temple of Monsters.

Sounds like fun.
>> No. 3153
A choice made, you drift across the veil between the worlds, a mindless blip of spirit matter acting on impulse.

Consciousness and sensation return with a sudden, horrible jolt. Pushed through the eye of a needle, bent and squashed and pulped down into a physical form robust enough to live once more.
A first breath rushes into your lungs, raw with their creation from nothingness. You splutter and blink, every muscle and sinew crying out with the pain of unnatural rebirth into the world.

And then you hit the ground.
"Ow."
Well, at least you landed on your back. Starting a new body with broken legs would suck. You lie still for a moment, eyes closed, letting yourself get over the transition.

"Did ... did you two just see that happen? Did he just fall from the sky?" A voice from over to your right calls out.
"Oh my, is it raining men?" Another, lighter voice asks.
"Just the one." A deeper voice says, footsteps cautiously shuffling closer to you. "Could be a joke from Yukari."
"Another joke?" The light, concerned voice asks.

"Hey." Something hard pokes you in the side. "You alive down there?" The deeper voice asks.

[ ] "No. I am a zombie."
[ ] Grunt.
[ ] "Unfortunately for you, yes I am."
[ ] "Depends on what you class as alive."
>> No. 3154
[X] "Depends on what you class as alive."
>> No. 3159
"Depends on what you class as alive." You mutter, blinking your eyes open. It's painful, they're not accustomed to the light yet, but then somebody leans over you, blocking out the worst of the sun.

"You look alive enough to me." She says. The woman has short blonde hair, striped with black, making her look like a tiger. Her dress places you firmly in ... the east? The ... where the hell are you anyway? That spear in her hands looks vaguely eastern.
"Oh! Is he hurt?" The lighter voice from before calls over.
"He's okay, Byakuren." The tiger-woman replies.

You sit up, rubbing your eyes, still trying to get your bearings.
"Here." The tiger-woman offers you her hand. You take it, getting to your feet.

Uh ... huh. Looks like you materialised in the centre garden of a pretty sizeable Buddhist temple. Little plants and trees, all bordered by the wide pagoda structure of the temple itself. No better place to wind up, come to think of it!
"My my." Another woman bustles over, this 'Byakuren' the tiger-lady was talking to. She's ... okay no you can't place this woman at all. Black dress tied down the middle, white underneath? Human with gradient hair? Where in the fuck are you?

"He's not hurt, Shou?" She asks the tiger-lady.
Shou looks you up and down. "He's standing. After a fall like that, standing is enough."
"Where on earth did you come from?" Byakuren asks you, cocking her head with genuine curiosity and concern.

[ ] "Nowhere in particular."
[ ] "Oh, I was just passing through and got distracted."
[ ] "I'm not sure." Actually, your memories are a bit screwed after rebirth. No point hiding it.
[ ] "Wherever you want me to be from, if you ask nicely enough."
>> No. 3161
[X] "Nowhere in particular."

And our name? Puddin' Tame.
>> No. 3165
[x] "I'm not sure." Actually, your memories are a bit screwed after rebirth. No point hiding it.
>> No. 3170
[X] "Wherever you want me to be from, if you ask nicely enough."

Ladies.
>> No. 3171
[X] "Wherever you want me to be from, if you ask nicely enough."

Smooth bastard option. It calls for me.
>> No. 3172
[x] "I'm not sure." Actually, your memories are a bit screwed after rebirth. No point hiding it
>> No. 3175
[x] "I'm not sure." Actually, your memories are a bit screwed after rebirth. No point hiding it.
>> No. 3176
[x] "I'm not sure." Actually, your memories are a bit screwed after rebirth. No point hiding it.
>> No. 3183
[x] "Wherever you want me to be from, if you ask nicely enough."
Oh ho.
>> No. 3184
Why, thank you for the interest, /at/-Anons. I'll get to a few updates this afternoon! (And swiftly onto some 'action' perhaps).
>> No. 3185
[x] "Buddha sent me to cleanse your souls with my seed."
>> No. 3186
[x] "Wherever you want me to be from, if you ask nicely enough."
>> No. 3187
[0] "I'm not sure." Actually, your memories are a bit screwed after rebirth. No point hiding it.
>> No. 3189
>>3185
...damn. Why couldn't you have gotten here sooner?
>> No. 3198
"I'm not sure." You mutter, mostly ignoring the two women and instead taking a good look around. Where you came from, good question. More importantly, where are you?

Buddhist Temple. That you recognise. Green plants, blue sky, all good signs. Lungs aren't labouring, muscles aren't overworked, so you've got human comfortable atmosphere and gravity.
Also, humans! You glance back at the two women as they both stare at you incredulously. Humans! If you didn't know better, you'd swear you were back on the hub world, maybe somewhere in East Asia. Japan or China.

"You don't know where you came from?" Byakuren asks. You pull yourself together and focus on her properly for the first time. Her hair frames her heart-shaped face, a look of concern in her eyes. Her lips part to ask you another question, but your gaze travels down her body. The dress shows off curves probably too exciting to be allowed in a Temple, her chest criss-crossed with those lines of black cloth holding together the two halves of her dress.

Twitch.

Wait.

You look down. Kimono. Born clothed in a Kimono! Okay, that's got to be the hand of a benevolent God there. But what's even better?

Body.

Young. Male. Body.

"Did you just fall from the sky?" Byakuren continues.
"I didn't smell him until he appeared." Shou says, frowning at you, resting on her spear. "Where did you come from, you must have some idea, what's your name?"

You barely hear them, trying to keep your grin under control. You've been reborn somewhere with women, or at least things that look and sound and probably feel enough like human women to make the difference unimportant. Your memory is too fuzzy to recall exactly, but you haven't had an opportunity like this in a very long time.

Shou leans forward, raising an eyebrow.
"Are you all right there kiddo?" She asks.
"Never better." You grin. "In fact, I feel fantastic!" You spread your arms, indicating the whole Temple.

[ ] "However, I have no idea where the hell I am!"
[ ] "What a place to end up! And such lovely ladies." Bow, smarm it up.
[ ] "I am so sorry to intrude, but I think I'm new around here. Maybe. I think."
>> No. 3199
[x] "What a place to end up! And such lovely ladies." Bow, smarm it up.
>> No. 3200
[x] "What a place to end up! And such lovely ladies." Bow, smarm it up.
>> No. 3201
[x] "What a place to end up! And such lovely ladies." Bow, smarm it up.
>> No. 3203
[x] "What a place to end up! And such lovely ladies." Bow, smarm it up.

Going with the mood.

But it seems this guy must have been in outer space at one time if he refers to hub worlds.
>> No. 3205
[x] "However, I have no idea where the hell I am!"
[x] "Who I am."
[x] "What I am."
[x] "Why, and for what purpose I am here."
[x] "But being surrounded by beautiful ladies; I don't think it matters much, anymore. I could live forever ignorant."
[x] Put on your best smile and puppy-dog eyes. "Will you be my angels?"

If this is going to be sex with some adventure on the side, might as well address the issue of having no memory now. Keep things interesting past the point of j-j-jam it in.
>> No. 3206
>>3203
Actually, the author could be going off that bit from one of the Ren-and-Mary CDs that implies the world outside Gensokyo is pretty damned advanced.
>> No. 3207
Also,
[x] >>3205
>> No. 3217
>>3206

Dunno while Ren and Mary's world is advanced ahead of our known time, we don't know its timeline in relation to Gensokyo that we know of. Since some imply that it's later than the games; no one knows for sure, but it's sure is a popular fanon thing to have those two live in modern times.
>> No. 3224
>>3217

It's timeline next to Gensokyo is somewhat irrelevant when you factor in that Maribel seems to timeslip every time she crosses the border.
>> No. 3225
>>3224

But it's her time slipping nature that raises questions about the timelines in the first place.

But at the same time, perhaps when someone crosses over assisted by a certain 17 year old, timeslipping is easily possible.
>> No. 3228
>>3225

... no it isn't. Renko and Maribel are known positively to be from the future, simply because of things like moon tours being offered to college students, and high-speed subways that run under Mount Fuji while using hologram technology to give the illusion of riding topside.

There's a general consensus that the majority of the Windows series of games take place in the year that they are released, especially since some of them note that incident of the preceding game occurred a year prior.

The only real trouble anyone has with Renko and Maribel when considering Gensokyo is trying to figure out why Maribel is timeslipping in the first place. Frankly, I'd chalk it up to the fact that she makes very little distinction between dream and reality, and dreams can take you just about anywhere at any time; but being as there's no consensus on why Maribel leaps through time, it becomes a pretty simple excuse to make people show up in Gensokyo during whatever time frame you would like.
>> No. 3231
He's not timeslipping he's dimension-hopping. But don't worry about it because this is in /at/

Anyway, another update later, thank you!
>> No. 3276
We're anon, we worry about everything.
>> No. 3280
>>3231
To be anon is to be worried by crafty wordsmiths.
That said, since the voting is closed, here's mine.
[x] "What a place to end up! And such lovely ladies." Bow, smarm it up.
>> No. 3536
Hello?
>> No. 3872
Did you decide to scrap this?
>> No. 3879
Nobody suddenly dissapeared, without a word. His /forest/ story stopped too. I hope he's okay.
>> No. 3880
Nobody suddenly dissapeared, without a word. His /forest/ story stopped too. I hope he's okay.
>> No. 3882
File 12601051088.jpg - (404.44KB , 655x978 , 1c95e5d260630b3ae9c050f2c3ed4537.jpg ) [iqdb]
3882
I hope so. I wouldn't want to miss out on seducing Byakuren with pure smarm.